英文名称:The Sting
年代:1973
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:37] | Let’s see what you got. | 你有什么 |
[02:38] | I need more runners. | 我写信速度不够快 |
[02:39] | I can’t write the business fast enough . | 所以需要更多信差 |
[02:41] | You’ve got to see Granger. | 你要见根吉 |
[02:50] | 8720 . Yeah . | 8720 是 |
[02:52] | Yeah . Hold it a minute. Beat it, Mottola ! | 是 等一下 快点 摩特拉 |
[02:55] | Mr. Granger? Chicago’s on the line . | 根吉先生 芝加哥打来的电话 |
[03:01] | Granger, this is Combs . | 根吉 我是康布 |
[03:03] | Why haven’t we heard from you? Everybody else is in . | 你怎么没消息 其他的人都到了 |
[03:05] | We had problems with the law this morning . | 今天早上有些法律上的问题 |
[03:07] | The mayor promised to get tough on the rackets again , | 市长为了展现铁腕作风 |
[03:09] | so he shut everybody down for a couple of hours to make it look good . | 今早把所有的赌博站 关闭了几个钟头 |
[03:12] | It’s nothing serious. It just put us a little behind . | 没什么严重 只是让我们落后一些 |
[03:14] | You been making your payoffs, haven’t you? | 有没有贿赂他们 |
[03:16] | Oh , hell , yes ! He does this every year. | 当然有 他每年都会做做样子 |
[03:18] | There’s nothing to worry about. | 别担心 |
[03:19] | Okay, finish your count and get it up here. | 马上把钱算好送来 |
[03:21] | I don’t want to be here all night. | 我不想整晚在这等你 |
[03:23] | Yeah , well , believe me, the man’s gonna be real happy. | 老大会很高兴 |
[03:26] | Looks like we cleared over $ 1 0 , 000 this week. | 这个礼拜我们有一万多的收入 |
[03:28] | We cleared $22,000 here . | 我们有两万二的收入 |
[03:29] | Oh , what the hell , you got the whole Chicago South Side . | 开什么玩笑 整个南芝加哥都是你们的地盘 |
[03:32] | How do you expect the eight lousy spots I got to compete with that? | 我只有8个站 怎么跟你比 |
[03:35] | They did $ 14,000 in Evanston ,$16,500 in Gary and $20,000 in Cicero . | 艾温顿进帐一万四 盖瑞 一万六千五 席西洛两万 |
[03:39] | Looks like you’re bringing up the rear, Granger. | 你排最后 |
[03:41] | Well , I just got the count. | 我才把钱算好 |
[03:43] | I’ll put the take on the 4: 1 5 . | 赶在4点15分交 |
[03:44] | We’ll be waiting . | 我们等你 |
[03:49] | Mottola ! | 摩特拉 |
[03:53] | Take this up to Chicago on the 4: 1 5 . | 4点15分时 把这拿到芝加哥去 |
[03:56] | They’ll be waiting for it at the clearinghouse. | 他们会在票据交换所等它 |
[04:00] | And don’t stop for any entertainment. | 在7街叫部计程车 |
[04:02] | You can get a cab over on 7th . | 别到处乱晃 |
[04:05] | Ah , cut it out! | 别这样 |
[04:22] | Hey, you there ! Stop ! | 喂!你给我站住 |
[04:23] | Hey, you ! Stop that man ! | 把那个人拦下来 |
[04:25] | Stop him ! Stop him ! He’s got my wallet! | 拦住他!他偷了我的皮夹 |
[04:27] | Stop him ! Stop that man ! | 把他拦下!拦住他 |
[04:29] | He’s got all of my money! | 他把我的钱都偷走了 |
[04:31] | Stop him ! | 拦住他!拦住他 |
[04:37] | Goddamn nigger-lover! | 同情黑鬼的混蛋 |
[04:41] | I’m gonna get you someday for this ! Sucker egg ! | 总有一天要你好看 混蛋 |
[04:43] | Don’t let him get away! He’s got my wallet! | 别让他走 他偷了我的皮夹 |
[04:45] | He’s got all my money! | 他偷了我所有的钱 |
[04:47] | My wallet! He’s got my wallet! | 我的皮夹 他拿了我的皮夹 |
[04:49] | We got the wallet. We got it! | 皮夹在这儿 |
[04:50] | What happened? Give it to me , please . | 怎么回事 把它给我 求你了 |
[04:51] | Did he get you with the knife? | 有没有被刀刺到 |
[04:53] | You sit tight, old man . You need a doctor. I’ll call a cop . | 你得看医生 我来叫警察 |
[04:55] | No, no ! No. No cops ! | 不 不要叫警察 |
[05:00] | You wanted by the law or something? | 难道你被通缉 |
[05:01] | No, it’s okay. | 不是 钱找回来就好 |
[05:04] | Are you nuts, carrying a wad around like that | 你疯了 哪有人在这区 |
[05:06] | in this neighborhood? No wonder you got hit. | 会带这么多钱在身上 |
[05:08] | Thanks. I’m obliged to you . | 谢谢你 这份情我会记住 |
[05:10] | I’ve got to get going . | 我得走了 |
[05:12] | You ain’t going nowhere on this leg . Let me see. | 你腿伤成这样 哪都别想去 |
[05:14] | I gotta. Got to run some slots down in West Bend for a mob here. | 我一定要到西区交钱给组织 |
[05:19] | I got a little behind in the payoffs. | 我已经晚给了 |
[05:20] | So , they think I’ve been holding out on ’em . | 他们以为我要赖帐 |
[05:23] | They gave me until 4: 00 to come up with the cash . | 限定我在4点前把钱交出去 |
[05:26] | lf they don’t get it, I’m dead . | 否则我就死路一条 |
[05:28] | It don’t look good , Gramps . It’s almost 4: 00 now. | 老先生 情况不妙 已经要到4点了 |
[05:30] | I’ll give you and your friend $ 1 00 to deliver it for me. | 我付你一百块 帮我把它送到指定地点 |
[05:35] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:37] | That mug that hit you is mad enough at me. | 那个揍你的人 已经对我很不满了 |
[05:39] | What if he’s around the corner waiting with some friends? | 如果他找好朋友一块在 角落堵我 我就完蛋了 |
[05:41] | He won’t know you’re carrying it. | 他不会知道你带着钱 |
[05:43] | Come on . You’ve got to help me out. | 拜托 帮帮我 |
[05:45] | Hey, I’m sorry, pal . I’m gonna maybe help you get fixed up , | 抱歉 老兄 我是可以送你 |
[05:47] | get to a doctor, | 到医生那儿 |
[05:48] | but I ain’t about to walk into no knife for you . | 但要我挨刀子 门儿都没有 |
[05:50] | How about you? All you got to do is put it in the door slot. | 那你呢?你只要把它塞进 门上的收信口就好了 |
[05:53] | I’ll give you the whole $ 1 00 . | 我会给你一百元 |
[05:55] | What makes you think you can trust him? He didn’t do shit. | 你怎么能相信他 他屁事也没做 |
[05:57] | Hey, butt out, chicken liver! I gave him back the wallet, didn’t l? | 闭嘴 我把皮夹还给他不是吗 |
[06:00] | How far is this place? | 那地方离这多远 |
[06:01] | 1 8 1 1 Mason . Put it in box 3-C . 3-C . | 梅森街1811号 把它投进3楼C座的箱内 |
[06:04] | You won’t have no trouble. | 不会有问题 |
[06:07] | There’s $5 , 000 there | 这里是五千块 |
[06:10] | and here’s $ 1 00 for you . | 一百块是给你的酬劳 |
[06:12] | Okay, old man , I’ll make your drop for you . | 好 我替你交钱 |
[06:14] | And don’t worry, you can trust me . | 别担心 相信我吧 |
[06:18] | Hey. Hey! lf those goons decide to search you , | 喂!喂 如果那些流氓要搜身 |
[06:21] | you ain’t gonna get far carrying it there. | 钱一定会被他们拿走 |
[06:23] | What’ll we do? | 那我该怎么办 |
[06:24] | You got a bag or something? How about a handkerchief? | 有没有纸袋之类的东西 手帕可以吗 |
[06:27] | Here’s a handkerchief! | 这里有条手帕 |
[06:29] | Here . Give it to me . | 拿给我 |
[06:31] | Give me the money. | 把钱给我 |
[06:32] | Just hurry, will you? | 快一点 行不行 |
[06:35] | You got any more? Better give it all to me if you want to keep it. | 还有吗?如果你想要的话 就全部交给我 |
[06:38] | They think I’ve been holding out on them . | 他们以为我又想延迟付款 |
[06:40] | My wife got sick and I had to pay the bill . I wasn’t holding out. | 我太太病了 我得付医药费 |
[06:43] | Stuff it down your pants here. | 把它塞在裤子里 |
[06:45] | Like that. Got it? | 像这样 懂吗 |
[06:47] | Hurry, will you? | 你能不能快点 |
[06:48] | Ain’t a tough guy in the world that’s gonna frisk you there. | 连最凶悍的人 也想不到要搜那里 |
[06:51] | Thanks. Yeah . | 谢谢 |
[07:07] | Where to? | 去哪 |
[07:08] | Which way is Mason? | 梅森街怎么走 |
[07:09] | Twenty blocks south . | 往南过20个红绿灯 |
[07:10] | Okay, go north , Joliet Station , fast! | 再往北到久利特车站 快 |
[07:12] | Right. | 好的 |
[07:18] | What’s so funny? | 有什么好笑 |
[07:19] | I just made the world’s easiest $5 , 000 ! | 我刚刚赚了世界上 最好赚的五千块 |
[07:34] | Come on , Luther! Hold on , man , I’m fading . | 来吧 路德 |
[07:35] | Come on ! | 快啊 |
[07:37] | Hustle ! | 发财了! |
[07:42] | ln here ! | 在这里 |
[07:47] | Man , was that beautiful ! | 做的真漂亮 |
[07:49] | I thought for sure he was on to us. | 我以为他看穿了我们的诡计 |
[07:51] | No, you had him all the way. | 从头到尾 你一直把他耍得团团转 |
[07:54] | All the way! | 从头到尾 |
[08:01] | Luther. | 路德 |
[08:03] | Good God ! We’re millionaires. | 我的天啊 我们成百万富翁了 |
[08:05] | Jesus ! Did you know he was that loaded? | 你原先就知道他身怀巨款吗 |
[08:07] | Hell , no ! I just cut into him . I would’ve settled | 才不呢!是误打误撞碰到的 |
[08:09] | for pawning one of them shoes. | 起先只是想骗双鞋 去当铺换钱 就满意了 |
[08:12] | Oh , God ! | 喔!老天 |
[08:19] | Come on , let’s get out of here. | 来吧 我们该走了 |
[08:20] | We’ll split it up tonight. | 今晚再来分钱 |
[08:58] | Hiya, Marge ! | 嘿!玛姬 |
[09:12] | Hi , Hooker. She’s onstage . | 嗨!虎克 她正在表演 |
[09:18] | Hi , Hooker. Getting married or something? | 嗨!虎克 要结婚啊 |
[09:21] | Get used to it, Leonard . | 李奥纳 你少说风凉话 |
[09:22] | I’m going to look this good from now on . | 以后我每天都会这么打扮 |
[09:25] | What do you say, Ed? | 艾德 你听到他的话了吗? |
[09:26] | Hi , Hooker. | 嗨 虎克 |
[09:43] | I want to talk. . . | 我想告诉你 |
[09:51] | Hiya, Hooker. | 嘿 虎克 |
[09:52] | You getting married or something? | 你是不是要结婚啦 |
[10:01] | For Christ’s sake , Ed , did you hear that out there? | 我的老天爷 艾德 你听到了吗 |
[10:03] | Harry drops four beats in the middle of my goddamn routine ! | 在平时的固定表演中 哈里又漏了四拍 |
[10:05] | Now, how long do I have to put up with that? | 我还要忍受他多久 |
[10:07] | Leonard , you’re on . | 李奥纳 该你上了 |
[10:08] | Crystal , you want to get out of here tonight? | 克丽丝蒂 今晚一起出去好吗 |
[10:11] | I come into some dough . | 我发了笔小财 |
[10:12] | Oh , I can’t. I got a 1 0: 00 show. I need the $5 . | 不行 我10点有事 我需要五块钱 |
[10:15] | I’ll spend $50 on you . | 我给你五十块 |
[10:18] | Yeah? | 真的 |
[10:19] | Yeah . | 真的 |
[10:21] | Okay. | 好 |
[10:23] | . . .opens up his pants, the duck sticks his head out. | 他把拉链拉开 鸭头伸了出来 |
[10:26] | One lady says to the other, “Mabel , do you see what I see?” | 一个女的问同伴说 有没有看到那个东西 |
[10:28] | She says , “So what? You’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all .” | 同伴回答 怎样 它们长得全都一个样 |
[10:31] | She says , “Yes , but this one is eating my popcorn .” | 她说 是没错 但这个在吃我的爆米花 |
[10:38] | You see that guy Harry, he can’t keep time in a watch factory. | 哈里这个家伙老慢半拍 |
[10:41] | Supposing there’s some Hollywood movie agent out there. | 万一好莱坞的电影经纪人 刚好在那里 |
[10:44] | All those years of training right down the drain . | 这些年的训练就全部泡汤了 |
[10:47] | Hooker! Ain’t seen you in months. Thought you took a fall . | 几个月不见 还以为你避风头去了 |
[10:49] | Nah , just a little hard times, is all . Everything’s jake now. | 是有点不顺 不过现在没事了 |
[10:52] | You gonna have a go here? | 要不要玩轮盘 |
[10:53] | How about $ 1 0 on the line? | 随便选十个下注 |
[10:54] | There’s a lot of action there on 28th Street. | 28街有许多活动 |
[10:56] | Pay you $35 . | 付你35 |
[10:58] | $3 , 000 on the red , Jimmy. | 红色下三千 |
[11:00] | $3 , 000? | 三千 |
[11:01] | Are you nuts? | 你疯了 |
[11:02] | No , I feel lucky. Come on . | 不 我觉得很旺 |
[11:03] | Hooker, I can’t accept that. It’s too big a bet. | 虎克 我不能接受 赌注太大 |
[11:06] | There’s a house limit. | 赌场下注有金额限制 |
[11:07] | Take it. | 收下来 |
[11:08] | But Hooker here’s a– | 但是 虎克 这里 |
[11:10] | Take it! | 叫你收你就收 |
[11:19] | Twenty-two, black. | 黑色 22号 |
[11:24] | Tough luck, kid . | 小子 运气不好是吧 |
[11:26] | Lucky for me it came up black, Hooker. | 出黑色 我真幸运 |
[11:28] | A fella could get in big trouble around here, losing a bet like that. | 输这么多 有人会倒霉的 |
[11:31] | Listen , Jimmy, can’t we do it again , huh? | 吉米 我们可不可以再来一次 |
[11:43] | Don’t worry about it, pal . It was my mistake. | 别担心 我运气不好 |
[11:45] | There’s always more where that came from . | 赚得回来的 |
[11:47] | “Don’t worry about it,” he says. Don’t worry about it. $3 , 000 ! | 哦!他居然还说别担心 老兄 三千块耶 |
[11:50] | Thanks, Hooker. | 真得谢谢你 |
[11:51] | Comes in here with $50 he’s going to spend on me ! | 他本来要给我五十块的 结果连那个钱也都输光了 |
[11:54] | $3000 . | 三千块 |
[11:57] | Thanks for the evening , Hooker. | 虎克 今晚谢谢你 |
[11:59] | Come on . It’s not over yet. | 还早的很 |
[12:00] | Next time you want to spend $50 on me , mail it. | 下次 你要是想花五十块 在我身上 请用寄的 |
[12:02] | Come on . Would you . . . | 等等 可不可以 |
[12:03] | Listen , will you . . . Oh . | 你听我说 |
[12:59] | They found Mottola. | 摩特拉喝的烂醉如泥 |
[13:00] | He was drunk in a dive in Joliet. | 被人在久利特找到 |
[13:02] | He never got on the train . | 他根本没上火车 |
[13:03] | I don’t want to hear about his day, Greer. | 他的事我没兴趣 葛尔 |
[13:05] | What happened to the money? | 钱呢 |
[13:06] | He lost it to a couple of con artists on his way out of the spot. | 他收了钱没多久 遇到 两个骗子 把钱全骗光了 |
[13:10] | How much? | 多少 |
[13:11] | $ 1 1 , 000 . | 一万一 |
[13:15] | Okay, I better get on the phone to New York, | 我最好打个电话到纽约去 |
[13:19] | see what the big mick wants to do about it. | 看老大打算如何处置 |
[13:23] | I have a pretty good idea, though . | 我几乎可以猜到 |
[14:10] | Doyle, can I talk to you? | 德利 可以跟你谈谈吗 |
[14:12] | I’m busy, Floyd . | 弗洛伊 我很忙 |
[14:13] | It’s important. We had a little trouble in Chicago today. | 很重要的事 芝加哥方面出了点小问题 |
[14:17] | One of our runners got hit for $ 1 1 , 000 . | 一个信差被人 拿走了一万一千块 |
[14:21] | What makes you think he just didn’t pocket it? | 你怎么能保证他没有黑吃黑 |
[14:23] | We checked his story with a tipster. | 我们从告密者的口中得知 |
[14:25] | He was cleaned by two grifters. | 他被两个骗子骗了 |
[14:28] | They workin’ for anybody? | 他们替谁工作 |
[14:30] | I don’t know. Could be . | 还不晓得 |
[14:31] | We’re running that down now. | 正在查 |
[14:34] | Have some local people take care of them . | 叫我们的人把他们干掉 |
[14:36] | Nothing fancy. | 又不是多难的事 |
[14:38] | We’ve got to discourage this kind of thing . | 一定要杀鸡儆猴 |
[14:42] | You follow? | 听懂了吗 |
[15:04] | Johnny Hooker! | 强尼虎克 |
[15:05] | Ah ! lf you ain’t a sharper in them linens ! | 名牌货穿在身上还真不一样 |
[15:08] | Evening , Louise. | 晚安 露薏丝 |
[15:09] | Hey, Ma ! | 嗨!老妈 |
[15:10] | Child , if I didn’t know you better, I’d swear you had some class. | 不知道底细的人 还以为你是上流社会的绅士呢 |
[15:15] | Luther said you was something to see today! | 强尼 听路德说 你今天大显身手 |
[15:18] | I don’t know, Alva. | 还好啦!艾娃 |
[15:19] | I’ve got to get faster tyin’ up that bundle. | 我捆钞票的速度得更快才行 |
[15:21] | I’m still given ’em too much time to think. | 因为他们有太多的时间思考 |
[15:23] | Oh ! Bushwah ! I used to make that switch | 少来 我的动作比你慢 |
[15:26] | with slower hands than you got. | 都能够换牌 |
[15:27] | Course , the “Up and Down Broadway” was my best game. | 当然 上下百老汇 才是我的绝活 |
[15:30] | Me and Luther didn’t make much on it, but it wasn’t so touchy. | 这个骗局如果不那么需要技巧 我们还可以赚更多 |
[15:34] | Them marks can beat you up awful bad | 要是被他们逮到你出老千 |
[15:36] | when they catch you making that switch . | 你一定会被打的满头包 |
[15:38] | Come on , Leroy. We’ll be late for church . | 李洛伊 快点 上教堂要迟到了 |
[15:40] | Oh , Ma, they were closing in on Machine Gun Kelly! | 妈 枪手凯利 要下片了 |
[15:43] | Who you rooting for anyhow? | 你又在挖谁的资料 |
[15:45] | Hey, Hooker! | 嗨!虎克 |
[15:46] | Can’t help you , Leroy. You can’t beat the house. | 李洛伊 不是我不帮你 你必须遵守家规 |
[15:48] | Nuts ! | 混蛋 |
[15:49] | Since when do you go to church at night? | 你何时开始晚上上教堂的 |
[15:51] | Since they started late bingo. | 自从他们举办 晚间宾果游戏以后 |
[15:52] | I’m gonna ask the Lord for some of that cash while He’s still paying off. | 既然上帝这么大方 我决定向他要求一些现金 |
[15:56] | Luther, look in on the baby from time to time, will you? | 路德 别忘记照顾宝宝 |
[15:59] | You , too, huh , Louise? | 你也是 露薏丝 |
[16:00] | Child , yeah , got to go pray. See you . Yeah . | 小孩要去祷告 待会儿见 |
[16:03] | Hey, Erie. | 嗨!艾瑞 |
[16:04] | Mmm . Give me ! Give me , give me ! | 给我!给我!给我 |
[16:06] | There’s your cut. | 这是你的份 |
[16:09] | Guy turned out to be an oil well . | 没想到他是个金矿 |
[16:11] | Which way did he go? | 他往哪去 |
[16:12] | Due north . He was gonna take it all . | 去北方 他想全部占为己有 |
[16:14] | Aw, the bastard . | 那个卑鄙的家伙 |
[16:15] | He can blow his nose all the way. | 一脸嚣张的样子 |
[16:22] | There you go, Luther. $6 , 000 . | 路德 这里是六千块 |
[16:27] | You’re late. Where have you been? | 你迟到了 跑哪去啦 |
[16:28] | I had a couple of appointments. | 我有几个约会 |
[16:32] | How much did you lose? | 你输了多少 |
[16:40] | All of it. | 全部 |
[16:41] | ln one goddamn night? | 才一个晚上 |
[16:44] | Why are you spraying money around like that? You could’ve been nailed ! | 你怎么敢在公共场所招摇 很可能会被人盯上 |
[16:47] | I checked the place first. There were no dicks there. | 我查过 那里没有警察 |
[16:49] | But you’re a con man , and you blew it like a pimp ! | 你是个老千 可是 你的赌品却像个皮条客 |
[16:52] | I didn’t teach you to be no pimp . | 没人教你不要像个皮条客吗 |
[16:53] | What the hell’s eating you? | 你脑袋有什么问题 |
[16:54] | I’ve blown money before. | 我以前也会乱花钱 |
[16:56] | No class grifter would’ve done it, that’s all . | 没水准的骗子才会豪赌 |
[16:58] | You think my play is bad? | 你认为我是没水准的老千? |
[17:01] | I think you’re the best. | 我认为你是最好的 |
[17:07] | I wouldn’t be getting out otherwise. | 否则我不会考虑收山 |
[17:11] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你在胡说些什么啊 |
[17:13] | I’m getting too old for this racket. | 年纪大 玩不动这种游戏 |
[17:14] | You hang on too long and you start embarrassing yourself. | 你老跟着我 会妨碍你自己的发展 |
[17:18] | We just took off today on the biggest score we’ve ever had . | 我们才刚做了有史以来 最大的一笔生意 |
[17:20] | It’s nothing compared to what you could be makin’ on the big con . | 虽然这些钱在行家眼中 根本不算什么 |
[17:23] | But you played the big con . | 可是你是个高手 |
[17:25] | You told me yourself | 你自己说 |
[17:26] | it was some dumb game for mama’s boys and flakes. | 这是给新手玩的笨游戏 |
[17:31] | Hell , I never played no big con . | 天晓得 我从来都没当过高手 |
[17:34] | I hung around and picked up a few things. | 我只是边看边学 |
[17:38] | Ain’t no rich boys gonna trust | 有钱人怎么 |
[17:40] | a hungry nigger enough to be conned . | 会被穷黑鬼骗 |
[17:43] | But I’ll tell you | 不过 我要告诉你 |
[17:44] | I’ve been looking for this one all my life, Johnny. | 强尼 一辈子我都期待 这天早点出现 |
[17:47] | Now I have a chance to step out when I’m ahead . | 我好不容易可以金盆洗手 |
[17:51] | Come on ! What would you do with yourself? | 别这样 那你以后打算怎么办 |
[17:54] | Oh , I have a brother down in K. C . , | 我有个兄弟在肯塔基州 |
[17:56] | runs a freight outlet. | 经营货运出口 |
[17:57] | I can go halfsies with him . | 我可以跟他合伙 |
[18:00] | It ain’t too exciting , but it’s mostly legal . | 听起来很无趣 但至少合法 |
[18:07] | I got an old friend in Chicago named Henry Gondorff. | 我有个朋友在芝加哥 叫亨利康夫 |
[18:10] | I want you to look him up . | 我要你去找他 |
[18:12] | There ain’t a better inside man alive. | 他是最好的 |
[18:15] | He’ll teach you all you got to know. | 他会把他知道的全交给你 |
[18:16] | To hell with that. | 我才不去 |
[18:19] | I want to work with you , Luther. | 路德 我们是最佳拍挡 |
[18:21] | I’m out, Johnny. | 强尼 我不干了 |
[18:29] | Yeah , sure. lf that’s the way you want it. | 好吧!如果你坚持的话 |
[18:34] | That’s the way I want it. | 我已经决定了 |
[18:39] | How do you like that Coleman? | 气死人 |
[18:41] | After five years. | 我们合作五年了 |
[18:43] | Come on , it was the only thing to do. | 他怎么能这样对我 |
[18:45] | He knew he was holding you back. | 他知道他妨碍了你的发展 |
[18:46] | Yeah , but we were partners. | 那又怎样 我们是拍挡 |
[18:47] | lf it weren’t for Luther, I’d still be hustling pinball . | 要不是路德 我可能 还在甘尼利的撞球室骗人呢 |
[18:50] | I don’t need any more than what I got. | 我学的已经够用了 |
[18:51] | Well , you won’t have anything if you don’t lay off the games of chance. | 老是错失良机 最后将会一无所有 |
[18:55] | There’s a depression on , you know. | 目前的经济不景气 |
[18:56] | There’s always a depression on . | 废话 经济一直都不景气 |
[18:58] | lf you saved a little bit, you wouldn’t have to grift. | 如果你会存钱 就不用常常行骗 |
[19:00] | I like grifting . | 我喜欢骗钱 |
[19:02] | Maybe you could buy yourself some things. | 你也可以替自己买点东西 |
[19:03] | What? Clean clothes , a car. | 像是什么 新衣服 新车啦 |
[19:05] | I got clothes, and I don’t know how to drive. | 我有衣服 而且我不会开车 |
[19:07] | What else do you got to sell? | 还有其他要说的吗 |
[19:09] | All right. Forget it. | 好吧 当我没说 |
[19:12] | Hey, Hooker! Come on , you son of a. . . | 喂!虎克 你这个王八蛋 |
[19:18] | Oh , hi there , Snyder. | 嗨!斯奈德 |
[19:19] | What’s the matter? | 怎么回事? |
[19:20] | Things a little slow down at the bunco department tonight, huh? | 诈欺部门不景气吗 |
[19:23] | Somebody lose the dominoes? | 有谁赌牌九输了吗 |
[19:25] | You scored blood money today, Hooker, you need a friend . | 你今天刚削了一大票 总该找个朋友分享吧 |
[19:28] | Go find yourself a shoplifter to roll . | 去找个扒手做你朋友 |
[19:35] | You got the wrong guy, pal . | 老兄 你找错人了 |
[19:36] | I’ve been home with the flu all day. | 我因为感冒 整天待在家里 |
[19:39] | You can stake out my toilet if you want. | 欢迎你24小时监视我的行动 |
[19:41] | Keep talking ! | 继续讲 |
[19:55] | I’ll tell you what you did , smart boy. | 小鬼 我不妨提醒你 |
[19:58] | You tied into a loaded mark on 47th across from Maxie’s. | 你们在美心饭店对面的47街 攻击了一个酒醉的肥羊 |
[20:02] | And you and Coleman played the switch for him | 你和柯曼玩金光党的把戏 |
[20:04] | and blew him off to a cab on 49th . | 接着在49街把他骗上计程车 |
[20:07] | lf he hadn’t been a numbers runner for Doyle Lonnegan , | 一切都很很完美 |
[20:09] | it would’ve been perfect. | 只可惜他是德利隆根的信差 |
[20:12] | You’re crazy. | 你疯了 |
[20:16] | I ain’t stupid enough to play for no rackets money. | 我才不会笨到去动帮派的钱 |
[20:19] | Not intentionally, maybe. | 也许你是无心之失 |
[20:21] | That don’t cut no ice with Lonnegan . | 但是隆根绝对不会放过你 |
[20:23] | He’ll swat you like a fly. | 他会像拍苍蝇一样 把你打死 |
[20:28] | Well , I’ll square it with the fixer. | 我会替你向调解人解释清楚 |
[20:30] | Nobody can buy you a prayer if I put the finger on you . | 如果我去告密 你就死定了 |
[20:34] | Now, I figure your end of the score was at least $3 , 000 . | 我估计 你至少分到三千块 |
[20:38] | I want $2, 000 , no matter what it was. | 我不贪心 只跟你拿两千 |
[20:40] | My take was only $ 1 , 000 . | 我才分到一千 |
[20:42] | Then you’re gonna have to come up with another $ 1 , 000 somewhere . | 那你得想办法 去凑另外一千块 |
[20:56] | All right. | 好吧 |
[21:09] | You’re a smart egg , Hooker. | 虎克 你很明理 |
[21:13] | No sense getting dead over $2, 000 . | 没有必要为了两千块而送命 |
[21:24] | Relax, Erie. I’ll bill you . | 艾瑞 别紧张 我会寄帐单给你 |
[21:36] | I thought you blew all your money. | 我以为你全输光了 |
[21:38] | I did . | 是输光啦 |
[21:40] | The stuff I gave him is counterfeit. | 我给他的是假钞 |
[21:42] | They’ll spot it the first place he tries to spend it. | 他只要一花钱就会被抓 |
[21:44] | Are you crazy, giving him counterfeit money? | 你疯了啊?敢给他假钞 |
[21:49] | Hey, wait up ! Where you going? | 走慢点!你要去哪 |
[22:13] | What the hell are you gonna do | 万一斯奈德去告密的话 |
[22:14] | if Snyder puts the finger on you , huh? | 你打算怎么办 |
[22:16] | You’re committing suicide, kid . | 孩子 你这是在找死 |
[22:17] | Christ, what difference does it make? | 有什么差别吗 |
[22:19] | lf Snyder knows about us , so does everybody else. | 斯奈德的消息最不灵通 |
[22:21] | He never gets anything first. | 他知道 就表示大家都知道了 |
[22:24] | Hey, listen to me. | 听我的话 |
[22:25] | Don’t go back to your place tonight. | 今晚别回家 |
[22:26] | Don’t go anyplace you usually go. | 更别出现在那些常去的地方 |
[22:28] | You hear me? | 听到了没 |
[22:30] | Damn ! There’s no answer at Luther’s. | 糟糕!路德家的电话没人接 |
[22:33] | Look, you better get out of town or somethin’ , huh? | 你现在最好到外地去避避风头 |
[22:38] | Hey, lady. Lady, let go ! | 喂!女士 女士 放手 |
[22:41] | Ma’am ! Ma’am ! | 女士 女士 嘿 |
[22:43] | I want my nickel back for that telephone ! | 把打电话的五毛钱还我 |
[22:50] | No, sir. Nobody here did . | 不 警官 不是这边的人做的 |
[22:54] | 1521 North Bryant. | 北布莱恩街1521号 |
[23:01] | Luther! | 路德 |
[23:14] | ls he dead? | 他死了吗 |
[23:15] | I don’t know. There was a big fight. | 我不晓得 这里有剧烈打斗的痕迹 |
[23:16] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:18] | Somebody must’ve pushed him . | 一定有人推他 |
[23:24] | Jesus ! | 天啊 |
[23:25] | Luther! | 路德 |
[23:26] | Luther! | 路德 |
[23:27] | Jesus ! | 老天爷 |
[23:28] | Oh ! God ! No ! | 不 不 不 天哪 |
[23:32] | Luther! Luther! | 路德 路德 |
[23:35] | What happened? | 到底发生什么事? |
[23:36] | God , who would do such a thing to you , Luther? | 老天 路德 是谁这么狠 |
[23:40] | Luther! | 路德 |
[23:43] | Alva. | 艾娃 |
[23:44] | Come on ! Let’s get out of here. | 别这样 走吧 我们到别的地方去 |
[23:45] | Luther. | 路德 |
[23:47] | Hooker, come on ! lf Snyder catches you here , you’re dead ! | 别这样 如果斯奈德逮到你 你就死定了 |
[23:54] | Get out of here ! | 你得快点离开 |
[23:55] | Out of the way. | 滚开 |
[23:56] | Help me ! Help me ! Help me ! | 帮帮我 帮帮我 帮帮我 |
[24:46] | Excuse me. | 请问一下 |
[24:48] | I’m looking for a guy named Henry Gondorff. | 你认识一个叫亨利康夫的人吗 |
[24:50] | Know him? | 我在找他 |
[24:51] | No. | 不认识 |
[24:58] | You sure? | 你确定 |
[24:59] | Beat it. | 快滚 |
[25:01] | Luther Coleman sent me . | 路德柯曼叫我来的 |
[25:06] | Are you Hooker? | 你是虎克 |
[25:07] | Yeah . | 是的 |
[25:11] | Why didn’t you say so? | 你怎么不早说 |
[25:14] | We heard about Luther last night. | 我们昨晚听说了路德的遭遇 |
[25:17] | Come on . | 进来吧 |
[25:25] | I thought maybe you were a cop or somethin’ . | 我还以为你是警察 |
[25:29] | It’s the room in the back. | 在后面的房间里 |
[25:31] | He wasn’t expecting you so soon , though . | 他没料到你这么快就到 |
[25:34] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[26:42] | The great Henry Gondorff. | 伟大的亨利康夫 |
[26:46] | Turn it off! | 把它关掉 |
[26:51] | You sober? | 你清醒了吗 |
[26:54] | Turn it off, will you? | 叫你关掉 听到没 |
[27:13] | Glad to meet you , kid . You’re a real horse’s ass. | 小鬼 很高兴见到你 你真的是个大浑蛋 |
[27:16] | Luther said I could learn somethin’ from you . | 路德说我可以 从你这学到东西 |
[27:20] | I already know how to drink. | 我已经会喝酒了 |
[27:24] | Sorry about Luther. | 路德的事 我很难过 |
[27:26] | He was the best street worker I ever saw. | 他是我遇过 最好的街头工作者 |
[27:32] | He had you down as a big-timer. | 你是他口中的行家 |
[27:34] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[27:39] | I conned a senator from Florida on a stock deal . | 在一宗股票交易上 我骗了佛罗里达的参议员 |
[27:43] | A real lop-ear. Thought he was gonna take over General Electric. | 一个大混蛋 以为他能接收奇异公司 |
[27:46] | Some chanteuse woke him , though , and he put the feds on me. | 某个女歌手提醒了他 害我被联邦政府通缉 |
[27:51] | You mean you blew it. | 也就是说 你搞砸了 |
[27:53] | Luther didn’t tell me you had a big mouth . | 路德没告诉我你很多嘴 |
[27:56] | He didn’t tell me you was a screw-up , either. | 他也告诉我你自身难保 |
[28:07] | You played any big cons since then? | 从那次起有没有再行骗呢 |
[28:10] | Oh , I lammed around a bunch of bohunk towns, | 我屈身于低层工人所在的城市 |
[28:14] | one kick ahead of the G-men . | 幸亏贝莉把我弄到这儿 |
[28:16] | Would be still , if Billie hadn’t set me up here. | 否则仍在那儿 |
[28:22] | Don’t kid yourself, friend . I still know how. | 别担心 我的技术还是一流的 |
[28:32] | Are you going to stay for breakfast, | 要不要留下来吃早点 |
[28:34] | or do you already know how to eat? | 或者要我教你怎么吃 |
[28:37] | I picked something up along the way. | 沿途我听了一些消息 |
[28:44] | ls Lonnegan after you , too? | 隆根在追你吗 |
[28:46] | I don’t know. I ain’t seen anybody. | 我不晓得 我没见到任何人 |
[28:49] | You never do, kid . | 孩子 你永远不会的 |
[29:05] | Doyle? | 德利 |
[29:07] | Yeah . | 干嘛 |
[29:12] | We just talked to Chicago . | 我们才刚跟芝加哥通电话 |
[29:14] | They got one of the grifters last night. A nigger. | 他们昨晚杀了一个黑鬼 |
[29:18] | How about the other one? | 另外一个呢 |
[29:19] | They’re still looking for him . | 还在找 |
[29:22] | Who did Combs put on it? | 康布派谁去做的 |
[29:24] | He gave it to Riley and Cole . | 怀利和柯尔 |
[29:26] | They staked out the other guy’s place last night, | 他们在另一个家伙的屋外监视 |
[29:28] | but he never showed . | 可是他一直没回家 |
[29:29] | They figure maybe he skipped town . | 估计他可能已经离城了 |
[29:32] | Do you want to keep after him? | 还要继续追他吗 |
[29:35] | You see that fella in the red sweater over there? | 看到那个穿红毛衣的人吗 |
[29:38] | H is name’s Danny McCoy. | 他叫丹尼麦考 |
[29:40] | Works a few of the protection rackets for Carnello | 在等待机会的同时 |
[29:42] | when he’s waiting for something better to happen . | 他是其他组织的打手 |
[29:44] | Danny and I have known each other since we were six. | 我们六岁就认识了 |
[29:50] | Take a good look at that face, Floyd . | 弗洛伊再仔细看看那张脸 |
[29:53] | Because if he ever finds out I can be beat by one lousy grifter, | 万一他知道 我被其他小混混打败 |
[29:57] | I’ll have to kill him and every other hood | 我就得杀了他跟那些 |
[29:59] | who wants to muscle in on my Chicago operation . | 想瓜分我芝加哥地盘的人 |
[30:05] | You follow? | 听清楚了吗 |
[30:06] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[30:09] | Good lad . | 好孩子 |
[30:14] | Hey, you feeling all right this morning , Henry? | 亨利 今天早上你觉得怎样 |
[30:17] | Yeah , fine. | 还不错 |
[30:18] | Would you mind opening up the round a little early today? | 可以早点开放旋转木马吗 |
[30:21] | We got some business coming in before hours. | 在开门前 会有其他生意上门 |
[30:23] | Sure . And check the main gearing , will you? | 没问题 你去检查一下齿轮装置 |
[30:26] | Man O’ War started rattling yesterday and threw a kid on its head . | 昨天因为出问题 把一个小孩给摔了出去 |
[30:33] | Great little countess , that Billie. | 那个贝莉是位女强人 |
[30:35] | She runs a spiffy house up there, too. | 在上面经营一家很棒的俱乐部 |
[30:37] | You , uh , plan to spend the rest of your life here? | 你打算在这里终老一生吗 |
[30:39] | I could do a lot worse. | 可能更糟 |
[30:47] | Listen , Gondorff, am I gonna learn to play the big con or not? | 到底我能不能从你那 学到更高明的骗术 |
[30:50] | What’s your hurry? | 急什么 |
[30:51] | I wanna play for Lonnegan . | 我想整整隆根 |
[30:53] | You know anything about the guy? | 你对那人了解吗 |
[30:56] | Yeah , he croaked Luther. Anything else I got to know? | 他杀了路德 还要知道什么 |
[31:06] | All right. | 好吧 |
[31:08] | He runs a numbers racket on the South Side , | 他在南区 有几家地下赌场 |
[31:11] | he owns a packinghouse, a few banks– | 一间包装公司 几家银行 |
[31:13] | Yeah , and half the politicians in New York and Chicago . | 以及纽约和芝加哥区 半数以上的政客 |
[31:16] | Not a fix in this world gonna cool him out if he blows on you . | 如果他要整你 没人能帮你 |
[31:19] | I’ll get him anyway. Why? | 我一定要治治他 为什么 |
[31:21] | ‘Cause I don’t know enough about killin’ to kill him . | 因为我不是杀手 要杀他很困难 |
[31:42] | You can’t do it alone, you know. | 你一个人做不来吧 |
[31:44] | It takes a mob of guys and enough money to make them look good . | 需要很多人 及一大笔钱才整得了他 |
[31:46] | I know plenty of guys. | 我认识一大堆人 |
[31:48] | It’s not like playing winos. You can’t outrun a– | 这与骗酒鬼不同 你逃不过他的追杀 |
[31:50] | I never played for no winos. | 我从不玩骗酒鬼的把戏 |
[31:51] | You’ve gotta keep his con even after you take his money. | 你必须拿了他的钱 还不被他发现 |
[31:53] | He can’t know you took him . | 不能让他识破 |
[31:55] | You’re scared of him . | 你太怕他了 |
[31:56] | Right down to my socks, buster. | 从头怕到脚 小鬼 |
[31:59] | You’re talkin’ about a guy who would kill a grifter | 我们在说一个人 |
[32:01] | over a chunk of money that wouldn’t support him for two days. | 可以为一笔很小的钱 而杀一个老千 |
[32:06] | You’re going to go for him . | 你要对付他 对不对 |
[32:11] | I just don’t want a hothead looking to get even , | 我不想见到一个性急 一心只想报复的小鬼 |
[32:13] | coming back halfway through saying , | 在半途中发难 |
[32:14] | it ain’t enough , ’cause it’s all we’re gonna get. | 认为这样做无法弥补所失 |
[32:22] | Can you get a mob together? | 你可以找到一群骗子吗 |
[32:24] | After what happened to Luther, | 在路德的事发生后 |
[32:25] | I don’t think I can get more than 200 , 300 guys. | 我最多只能找到两三百人 |
[32:32] | Luther said you learn fast. I hope he’s right. | 路德说你学的很快 希望他是对的 |
[35:08] | Lonnegan gets most of his income from the numbers | 赌场是隆根的收入来源 |
[35:10] | even though he’s been putting more money | 但他仍不停的把钱放入 |
[35:12] | into his savings-and-loan business. | 他名下的银行及贷款公司 |
[35:13] | You think he’s moving out of the racket? No. | 他会离开地下赌场这行吗 不 |
[35:16] | He owns most of the stock that’s traded . | 他拥有大多数的股票及交易 |
[35:18] | But my guess is he’s just trying to build himself a respectable image. | 我认为他想建立 个人的社会形象 |
[35:21] | He came out of Five Points, | 他来自贫民区 |
[35:22] | but he’s been telling everybody he was born in Forest Hills. | 却告诉别人他出生上流社会 |
[35:25] | He knows the market, though . | 他对股市很熟悉 |
[35:27] | I don’t think we can take him on a stocks deal . | 不能以股票对付他 |
[35:30] | Twist, what about the numbers? | 托斯 赌场呢 |
[35:31] | Tipsters say it’s run out of a packinghouse on 14th by a guy named Combs . | 他开设在14街的包装公司 由康布主持 |
[35:36] | Lonnegan comes out every three weeks to check on it, but | 隆根每三个礼拜巡视一次 |
[35:38] | he stays away from the day-to-day stuff in case it’s raided . | 为免被突袭 他不留在那 |
[35:42] | These are two of Combs’ favorite torpedoes: Riley and Cole . | 怀利和柯尔是他的得力助手 |
[35:45] | You ever seen ’em? | 你见过他们吗 |
[35:49] | No. They’re the ones who hit Luther. | 没有 就是他们杀死路德 |
[35:53] | They also got the numbers runner you conned . | 他们还有几个信差 |
[35:55] | A guy named Mottola. | 包括被你骗过的摩特拉 |
[35:57] | Found him in a quarry with a knife in his eye. | 他的尸体在采石场被发现 |
[36:00] | Lonnegan’s had seven or eight people rubbed on his way up . | 隆根在往上爬的时候 干掉过七 八个人 |
[36:03] | His pattern has been to get close to a racket boss, | 模式是先接近上司 |
[36:05] | learn the operation , then move in on it. | 待学会了就把他一脚踹开 |
[36:08] | He’s done it to Gorman , O’Donnell , Buchalman . | 他以同样的手法对付柯曼 康尼及布曼 |
[36:11] | He took the numbers from Sharkey. | 从沙克手中接手赌场 |
[36:13] | All four of these guys are dead . | 这四个人全死了 |
[36:15] | He’s vindictive as hell , Henry. | 他有仇必报 |
[36:17] | Kills for pride. | 为自尊而杀人 |
[36:20] | Doesn’t add up he’d let Hooker get away from him . | 他绝不会放过虎克 |
[36:23] | You see anything , kid , you let us know. | 你看到任何事 一定要告诉我们 |
[36:25] | lf they put you on the spot, we got to fold the con . You got that? | 如果被他逼的走投无路 就必须放弃计划 明白吗 |
[36:29] | Yeah . You sure it’s got to be one of these two guys? | 你确定是这两人之一吗 |
[36:32] | No. They’re just the only ones we know of. | 不 但我们只认识这两人 |
[36:47] | Time. | 时间到了 |
[36:59] | Set me up five more beers , will you , Danny? | 丹尼 再给我五瓶啤酒 |
[37:11] | You the owner here? That’s right. | 你是老板 不错吧 |
[37:14] | Lt. Snyder, Bunco . | 我是斯奈德警官 |
[37:17] | That’s a Joliet badge, Snyder. | 那是久利特的警章 |
[37:18] | Don’t cut much up here. | 在这没什么用 |
[37:21] | Looking for a guy on the lam from a counterfeiting rap . | 我在找做假钞的混球 |
[37:23] | Thought he might’ve come in here. | 怀疑他可能来过这 |
[37:24] | Don’t think so. I know everyone in the place. | 没这个人 这里每个人我都认识 |
[37:27] | And I always bounce the lamsters. | 如有此人我马上认得出来 |
[37:28] | All right if I look around in here? | 我到处看看行吗 |
[37:30] | No, but you’re welcome to a free beer before you go. | 不行 但在你走前 可请你喝杯啤酒 |
[37:41] | I don’t really need your permission . | 我并不需要你的许可 |
[37:48] | I don’t know what to do with this guy, Henry. | 我真的拿这家伙没办法 |
[37:50] | He’s an lrishman who doesn’t drink, | 他是一个不抽烟 不喝酒 |
[37:52] | doesn’t smoke and doesn’t chase dames. | 不玩女人的爱尔兰人 |
[37:54] | He’s a grand knight in the Knights of Columbus . | 一个标准的骑士 |
[37:56] | And he only goes out to play faro. | 只出去玩玩纸牌 |
[37:57] | Sometimes plays 1 5 to 20 hours at a time. | 他与赌场对赌 |
[37:59] | Just him against the house. | 可以玩上十几个钟头 |
[38:00] | Roulette, craps? | 赌轮盘或掷骰子吗 |
[38:02] | He won’t touch ’em . | 不玩 |
[38:03] | The croupier at Gilman’s says he never plays anything he can’t win . | 葛利赌场的总管说 他只玩他能赢的 |
[38:07] | Sports? | 运动 |
[38:08] | Mmm , likes to be seen with fighters sometimes, | 他喜欢被人看到与拳击手一起 |
[38:10] | but doesn’t go to the fights or bet on them . | 但不看拳赛也不赌 |
[38:12] | Jesus. Does he do anything where he’s not alone? | 天啊!有没有什么是他会与别人 一起做的事 |
[38:15] | Just poker. | 只有扑克 |
[38:19] | And he cheats. | 而且他使诈 |
[38:22] | Pretty good at it, too. | 手段也很高明 |
[38:30] | Where does he play? | 他都在哪玩 |
[38:31] | The porters say he runs a braced game on the Century Limited | 门房说当他从纽约来这时 |
[38:34] | when he comes out here from New York. | 喜欢在火车上开个赌局 |
[38:36] | $ 1 00 minimum , straight poker. | 只赌扑克 底限一百元 |
[38:38] | And a lot of high rollers ride that train just to play him . | 很多人搭那火车就为与他赌钱 |
[38:43] | That sounds good , J .J . | JJ 听来不错 |
[38:50] | Which way are the rooms? | 房间在哪儿 |
[38:52] | Who told you this guy was in here? | 谁告诉你那家伙在这 |
[38:54] | Nobody. I just know what kind of woman he likes. | 没人 但你这有他喜欢的女人 |
[38:57] | I’m gonna check all the joy houses till I find him . | 每个妓院我都要查 直到找到他 |
[38:59] | Well , maybe I could help you if you tell me his name. | 告诉我他的名字 也许能帮你 |
[39:02] | I doubt it. Which way are the rooms? | 我不相信 哪一条是去房间的 |
[39:06] | Right through there. | 过了那道门 |
[39:08] | But I wouldn’t go in there if I were you . | 但我劝你最好别进去 |
[39:10] | What are you gonna do, call the cops? | 怎样 你想叫警察吗 |
[39:12] | I don’t have to. | 不需要 |
[39:14] | You’d be busting in on the chief of police just up the hall . | 只是你很可能在走廊上 会撞见警察局长 |
[39:27] | We’ll play it out here. | 在这设圈套 |
[39:29] | And a huge duke is too simple. | 用拳头太简单 |
[39:30] | With no fix, we’re gonna need a con with a sure-fire blow-off. | 要设下一个精密而庞大的陷阱 |
[39:33] | I think we ought to play this guy on the payoff. | 对他可能要用贿赂之计 |
[39:36] | It’s the tightest game we got. | 这是最富挑战性的赌博 |
[39:37] | It’s not all over the papers yet. | 媒体还不知道 |
[39:39] | Lonnegan is a fast egg , J .J . | 隆根是个性急的家伙 |
[39:40] | He’s not going to sit still for a standard play. | 他绝不会老实坐在那儿玩 |
[39:42] | So what does that leave us? | 我们不可能用贿赂骗银行家 |
[39:44] | We can’t con the payoff to a banker. | 还能用什么呢 |
[39:47] | We’ll use the wire. | 设赌马站 |
[39:48] | Haven’t known a poker player yet didn’t wanna beat the ponies. | 玩扑克的人都喜欢赌马 |
[39:51] | The wire’s been out of date for 1 0 years. | 赌马站十年前就被淘汰了 |
[39:53] | That’s why he won’t know it. | 所以他才不会知道 |
[39:54] | I’m not sure I know it. | 我也不太懂 |
[39:57] | It’ll take two of us working the inside. | 要两个人做内线 |
[39:59] | Any objections to Hooker as second man? | 虎克做第二个人选 如何 |
[40:05] | All right. We’ll give Lonnegan the hook | 好 |
[40:08] | on the train and play him here. | 我们在火车上向隆根下饵 |
[40:09] | J .J . , you think I can get in that poker game? | JJ 我能参加那赌局吗 |
[40:12] | Just show up with a lot of money and look like a sucker. | 只要装成有钱的呆子就没问题 |
[40:14] | I also gotta win . | 我还得赢 |
[40:17] | Oh , by the way, any of you guys been passing bad money lately? | 提一下 你们有谁最近用假钞吗 |
[40:25] | lf he comes in again , stall him so I can get a look at him . | 如果他再来 拖一下 让我看看他是谁 |
[40:28] | Mmm-hmm . | 下饵 |
[40:41] | Fella by the name of Stenner had this place until about six months ago, | 六个月前是在史丹勒名下 |
[40:44] | but he had to give it up . | 但他得放弃 |
[40:47] | It doesn’t look so good right now, | 看起来不怎样 |
[40:49] | but maybe you can fix it up a little bit. | 但你能修得很好 |
[40:51] | Watch your step when you come in . | 进来时小心点 |
[40:52] | There’s a dip down on the left. | 左边有个洞 |
[41:09] | How’s it look, Eddie? | 艾迪 看来如何 |
[41:11] | It looks all right, Kid . | 看起来还可以 |
[41:12] | It’s big enough , and it’s off the street. | 这够大 而且远离大街 |
[41:14] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[41:15] | It’s kind of short notice. I’m not sure | 时间很短 我不能保证 |
[41:17] | we can get it all done by Saturday. | 星期六前能完工 |
[41:19] | Got to . Gondorff’s riding the mark down from New York on the Century. | 一定要 康夫与 来自纽约的目标一起下来 |
[41:23] | We’ll take it. | 我们租下来 |
[41:24] | That building at the end of the alley, do you manage that? | 巷尾那栋楼也是你管的吗 |
[41:27] | For 1 5 years. | 管了15年 |
[41:28] | I’ll need a corner room facing this way. | 我要一间朝这边的角落房间 |
[41:30] | How much a week? | 一个礼拜多少 |
[41:31] | Only rents by the month . | 只能月租 |
[41:32] | $250 for the two of them . | 两个一起250元 |
[41:35] | Last time I expect to see you down here. | 我不希望再看到你来这 |
[41:37] | Never heard of the place. | 从没听过这地方 |
[41:39] | It’s been awhile since I stocked the wire store. | 很久没做赌马站了 |
[41:42] | Not many mobs playing that anymore. | 帮派份子现在也不玩了 |
[41:44] | All we’ll need is the bookie setup for now. | 现在只要把赌马站设好 |
[41:46] | All right. I’ll rent you everything | 所有仓库的东西都租给你 |
[41:48] | I’ve got in the warehouse for $2, 000 . | 只要两千块 |
[41:50] | That’ll give you phones, cages, blackboards and ticker gear. | 有电话 栅栏 黑板及收报机 |
[41:55] | lf you want a counter and bar, that’s another $ 1 , 000 . | 如果要柜台跟 吧台得再加一千 |
[41:58] | That’s pretty steep , Benny. | 太贵了 班尼 |
[42:00] | Gondorff’s still a hot item . | 康夫仍被通缉中 |
[42:02] | Where would I be if he gets hit? | 如果他被捉我就完了 |
[42:03] | Benny, you just give us what you can . | 能给什么就给什么 |
[42:05] | We’ll send a truck down . | 我会让卡车来装货 |
[42:06] | Now how do you want to work this? Flat rate or percentage? | 你想怎么收?付清还是抽成 |
[42:09] | Who’s the mark? | 谁是目标 |
[42:10] | Doyle Lonnegan . | 德利隆根 |
[42:15] | Flat rate. | 付清 |
[42:32] | The guy in the black hat with the gimp . | 就是戴花边黑帽子的人 |
[42:44] | He’s not as tough as he thinks. | 他不像自己想像中的强硬 |
[42:46] | Neither are we. | 我们也不是 |
[42:52] | Mr. Shaw? | 萧先生 |
[42:54] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[42:55] | You wanted to see me? | 你要见我吗 |
[42:56] | I hear there’s a friendly poker game on this train . Know about it? | 听说火车上有场 扑克牌赌博友谊赛 |
[42:59] | Oh , a little . Thank you , sir. | 嗯 知道一点 先生 谢谢你 |
[43:01] | Can you get me in that game? | 你能把我弄进去吗 |
[43:02] | Oh , I don’t know. | 我不能保证 |
[43:03] | There’s usually a waiting list. | 听说有一个候补名单 |
[43:10] | That’ll get you first alternate, sir. | 你是名单上第一个 |
[43:18] | I’ll see what I can do. | 没问题 |
[43:24] | Hey, Twist! | 托斯 |
[43:25] | Patty, me boy! How are you? | 贝提 好友 你好吗 |
[43:27] | How are you , Twist? | 托斯 你好吗 |
[43:28] | Hey, Champ , you’re looking like a million ! | 冠军 你看起来像个百万富翁 |
[43:30] | Good to see you ! | 见到你真好 |
[43:32] | Goldie , you old son of a gun . | 葛迪 太好了 这个老浑球 |
[43:35] | I saw the Kid in Denver. | 我在丹佛见到肯德 |
[43:36] | He says to say hello to you . | 他叫我向你问好 |
[43:38] | Joiner, are you still working those shapes? | 裘纳 你仍在牌上做手脚吗 |
[43:40] | Any number you want, Twist! | 托斯 随便说个号码 |
[43:42] | Good to see you again , Twist. | 真高兴再见到你 |
[43:44] | Okay, Lacey. Good to see you . | 雷西 见到你真好 |
[43:45] | It’s good to see you . Dukey, how are you? | 很高兴见到你 杜奇 你好吗 |
[43:47] | Come on in . | 进来吧 |
[43:48] | When did you get back in town? | 你什么时候回来的 |
[43:50] | A couple of days ago. | 几天前 |
[43:51] | You heard about Luther Coleman , didn’t you? | 你听说了路德柯曼的事吧 |
[43:54] | Yeah , some of the boys were passing the hat | 听说了 大伙已经在 |
[43:55] | for Alva and the kids. | 帮艾娃跟孩子筹钱了 |
[43:57] | I never seen the guys so worked up . | 从来没看过这些人如此激动 |
[43:58] | Well , don’t worry about it, Dukey. | 杜奇 别担心 |
[44:01] | We’re gonna send a little calling card of our own . | 我们要开始行动了 |
[44:03] | Gondorff is setting up a wire store on the north side. | 康夫正在设立一个赌马站 |
[44:06] | I’m gonna need a 20-man boost right away. | 我立刻就需要一个20人的后援 |
[44:08] | I got plenty of talent out there tonight. | 今晚有许多合格的人选 |
[44:10] | You can take your pick. Lace ! | 随便你挑 |
[44:11] | This is a tough one, Dukey. | 这比较难 |
[44:13] | These boys have got to be the quill . | 这些人要是行家 |
[44:15] | Get me the sheet. Let’s see who’s in town , huh? | 名单给我 看看谁在城里 |
[44:19] | Hey, Patty, give me the sheet. | 贝提 把名单给我 |
[44:21] | Sure . | 好 |
[44:39] | Gondorff’s already on . . . | 康夫已经在 |
[44:50] | Twist, you know this guy? | 托斯 你认识这个人? |
[44:56] | No, I never saw him before. | 从没见过 |
[44:59] | He’s a dick, though . | 是个条子 |
[45:10] | Hello , Snyder. | 你好 斯奈德 |
[45:12] | What are you doin’ up here? I’m on vacation . | 你来这儿干嘛 我在渡假 |
[45:15] | Hey, you seen that friend of yours lately? | 最近有看到你朋友吗 |
[45:18] | No, no. He, uh , packed it in . | 没 没有 他跑了 |
[45:20] | Enrolled in detective school . | 到侦探学校上课去了 |
[45:30] | When you see him , | 如果你见到他 |
[45:32] | you tell him he better pay up before I get to him . | 告诉他 最好在我找到他之前把钱付清 |
[45:45] | That son of a bitch . | 狗娘养的 |
[45:50] | Oh , thanks , Lace . | 雷西 谢谢你 |
[45:52] | Now, let’s see what we got here. | 看看这里有什么 |
[45:54] | Let’s see. Horse Face Lee, Slim Miller, | 从纽奥良来的李马脸 瘦子米勒 |
[45:57] | Suitcase Murphy and the Big Alabama are in from New Orleans . | 皮箱墨菲和大阿拉巴马 |
[46:01] | Crying Jonesy and the Boone Kid from Denver. | 从丹佛来的哭脸琼西 跟彭恩小子 |
[46:04] | Dippy Burke and Limehouse Chappie from New York. | 纽约来的糊涂伯克 以及陷阱胖子 |
[46:08] | Well , these and the guys outside | 这几个加上外面的 |
[46:10] | should give you 30 or more to choose from . | 大约有30多人供你选择 |
[46:12] | Good , Dukey. | 杜奇 做的好 |
[46:14] | Have them down at Stenner’s old pool hall before 6: 00 . | 叫他们在6点前 到史丹勒的旧弹子房集合 |
[46:16] | We’re gonna run the route tonight. | 今晚要开始选人 |
[46:18] | Okay, Twist, but | 没问题 托斯 不过先说好 |
[46:21] | if this thing blows up , remember, | 如果这次搞砸了 |
[46:23] | I can’t do you no good downtown . | 我也帮不上忙 |
[46:25] | Gondorff is federal . | 联邦政府还在通缉康夫 |
[46:26] | Dukey, if this thing blows up , | 杜奇 这次万一搞砸的话 |
[46:29] | the feds will be the least of our problems. | 我们得罪的人 会比联邦政府还难缠 |
[46:47] | Yeah? | 请进 |
[46:52] | You in? | 让你加入了吗 |
[46:53] | Yeah , I think so. | 我想是没问题 |
[46:54] | I gave the conductor a C-note . | 我给了车长一些钱 |
[46:56] | Did you find out the deck? | 扑克牌有什么发现 |
[46:57] | He usually plays with a Tally-Ho Fan or a Tally-Ho Circle . | 他不是用扇形花纹的牌 就是圆形花纹的牌 |
[47:00] | I got you one of each . | 每种都帮你准备一副 |
[47:02] | He likes to cold-deck low, eights or nines. | 他喜欢偷换 点数在8 9以下的小牌 |
[47:05] | That’s nice work, J .J . Here. | JJ 做的真漂亮 |
[47:32] | Oh , I’m sorry. | 喔!对不起 |
[47:33] | Don’t mention it, ma’am . | 夫人 不要紧的 |
[48:27] | She picked him clean . He never missed it. | 她的手脚干净俐落 他一点也不知道 |
[48:31] | My God , looks like he’s expecting a big night. | 他今天恐怕要大玩一场 |
[48:34] | Must be $ 1 5 , 000 or $20 , 000 here . | 这里有一万五到两万 |
[48:39] | He’s waiting for you in the card room . | 他在玩牌室等你 |
[48:40] | Let him wait. | 让他等 |
[49:28] | You just worry about your end , kid . | 把自己的事管好就行了 |
[49:31] | lf we ever get to it. | 我没问题 |
[49:35] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[49:37] | You sure you checked this guy out? | 你确实查过这家伙了 |
[49:39] | He seemed like a pleasant man , a lot of cash on him . | 他看起来满好的 满口袋的钱 |
[49:41] | $200 suit, expensive luggage. | 价值两百元的西装 贵重的行李 |
[49:43] | I’ll vouch for him . | 我愿替他担保 |
[49:44] | Why isn’t he here then? | 怎么还不来 |
[49:46] | Don’t worry. He’ll be here. | 别担心 他会来的 |
[49:48] | All right. | 好吧 |
[50:00] | What’re you doing? | 你在搞什么 |
[50:05] | Always drink gin with a mark, kid . | 跟目标在一起时只能喝琴酒 |
[50:07] | He can’t tell if you cut it. | 他分不出来是否加水 |
[50:10] | $2, 000 for you , Mr. Clayton . | 克莱顿先生 这里是两千块 |
[50:12] | Thank you . | 谢谢 |
[50:13] | All right, gentlemen . Should we not wait for him? | 好了 各位先生 我们还要等他吗 |
[50:16] | Let’s go. | 不如先开始 |
[50:17] | I think that’s a good idea. | 我赞成 |
[50:18] | Mr. Clemens , give me the cards. | 克里门先生 把牌给我 |
[50:29] | Sorry I’m late , guys . I was taking a crap . | 各位 对不起 我来晚了 刚才在喝酒 |
[50:32] | The name’s Shaw. | 我叫萧 |
[50:34] | Mr. Shaw, meet Mr. Jameson from Chicago . | 萧先生 这位是芝加哥的詹姆森先生 |
[50:37] | How are you? | 你好 |
[50:38] | Mr. Lombard from Philadelphia. | 费城的蓝柏先生 |
[50:41] | And Mr. Lonnegan from New York. | 纽约的隆根先生 |
[50:42] | Pleased to meet you . | 很高兴见到你 |
[50:44] | Mr. Clayton , Pittsburgh . | 匹兹堡的克莱顿 |
[50:45] | Any of you guys want to make a little book in Chicago , | 你们想在芝加哥赌博 |
[50:47] | I’m the guy to see. | 就来找我 |
[50:51] | The game is straight poker | 只玩扑克牌 |
[50:53] | $ 1 00 minimum , table stakes. | 从底限一百元起 开始下注 |
[50:56] | Ah , Mr. Shaw, this is a gentleman’s game. | 萧先生 比赛是君子之争 |
[50:59] | We assume you’re all good for your debts. | 你的信用没问题吧 |
[51:02] | How much would you like, Mr. Shaw? | 萧先生要买多少 |
[51:04] | I’ll start with $5 , 000 . | 给我五千 |
[51:11] | Mr. Shaw, we usually require a tie at this table. | 萧先生 通常我希望大家都有打领带 |
[51:14] | lf you don’t have one, we can get you one . | 如果你没有 我可以给你一条 |
[51:16] | Hey, that’d be real nice of you , Mr. Lonneman . | 嘿!罗门先生 你真是好心 |
[51:20] | Lonnegan . | 隆根 |
[51:36] | Name’s Curly Jackson . | 我叫卷毛杰克森 |
[51:37] | Worked for Gad Bryan out of Baldwin . | 替伯温市的痞子布莱恩做事 |
[51:39] | Jackson? | 杰克森 |
[51:42] | Jackson , Jackson . Oh , yeah . | 杰克森 杰克森 哦!在这 |
[51:45] | You ever played the wire, Curly? | 卷毛 知道如何赌马吗 |
[51:46] | Roped for it long ago. | 很久以前做过 |
[51:48] | I can shill , mark board , anything you want. | 我还会计分 当小贩 什么都可以 |
[51:51] | I don’t run with riffraff, and I only drink on the weekend . | 我不和流氓鬼混 而且只在周末喝酒 |
[51:54] | Me specialty’s an Englishman . | 我的特长是扮英国绅士 |
[51:58] | All right, Curly. | 好吧 卷毛 |
[51:59] | We got a rack of suits over there. | 那边有一排的西装 |
[52:01] | Pick yourself out a nice tweed one. | 去选一套苏格兰软呢料的西服 |
[52:03] | That’s all right. I’ve got all my own stuff. | 没关系 我自己有准备 |
[52:11] | Doyle? | 德利 |
[52:13] | One . | 一张 |
[52:15] | Bill? | 比利 |
[52:18] | I’ll take one. | 我也要一张 |
[52:21] | Shaw? | 萧 |
[52:22] | Three. | 三张 |
[52:25] | And the dealer will take one. | 庄家拿一张 |
[52:34] | Bet $500 . | 赌五百 |
[52:37] | I’ll call . | 我跟 |
[52:41] | Call and raise . | 我要跟 而且追加 |
[52:45] | $300 . I’m out. | 三百 我不跟 |
[52:47] | Fold . | 出局 |
[52:52] | Your $300 | 跟你三百 |
[52:55] | and raise | 再加 |
[52:57] | $500 . | 五百 |
[53:00] | That’s $800 to me . | 一共是八百 |
[53:07] | Call . | 跟 |
[53:13] | Jacks on top . | 最上面一张是11点 |
[53:15] | Beats me. | 赢我 |
[53:20] | Three tens. | 三张十 |
[53:27] | Tough luck, Lonnihan . | 罗尼翰 运气不好喔 |
[53:28] | But that’s what you get for playing with your head up your ass. | 没脑袋的人玩牌 就会有这种下场 |
[53:31] | Couple more like that, we can all go to bed early. | 再来几把 我们就可以回家睡觉了 |
[53:36] | The name’s Lonnegan . Doyle Lonnegan . | 我的名字是隆根 德利隆根 |
[53:39] | You’re gonna remember that, Mr. Shaw, | 你最好记住 |
[53:41] | or you’re gonna get yourself another game. | 不然就去别的地方赌 |
[53:44] | You follow? | 听清楚了没 |
[53:52] | Bring it right up here ! | 把它拿到这来 |
[53:55] | Hey, Eddie, we brought you a tap into Moe Anenberg’s wire. | 艾迪 我帮你带来一部电报机 它可以截听安柏格的电报 |
[53:59] | You’ll get race results, odds, | 你会收到比赛结果 赔率 |
[54:00] | scratches, pole positions, everything . | 场次顺序 和闸门位置等 |
[54:03] | And just as fast as Western U nion gets them . | 你们会和电信局同时收到 |
[54:05] | Does J .J . know how to use that thing? | JJ 知道怎么用这个东西吗 |
[54:07] | All he’s got to do is read . | 他只要读过就会了 |
[54:13] | The name is Joe Erie. | 我叫乔艾瑞 |
[54:16] | Joe Erie. | 乔艾瑞 |
[54:19] | You , uh , played for any particular mobs? | 你曾帮哪个组织做过事 |
[54:22] | No. | 没有 |
[54:24] | You ever play the wire before, Erie? | 艾瑞 你会不会赌马呢 |
[54:26] | No. | 不会 |
[54:29] | I never played no big con before, but, uh , | 我没做过什么大案子 但是 |
[54:32] | Luther Coleman was a friend of mine, and I thought maybe | 路德柯曼是我的朋友 |
[54:36] | there’d be something I could do. | 我想尽一点心力 |
[54:40] | You get that nose in Duke Boudreau’s tonight? | 你鼻子是不是今晚 在保卓店里被打的 |
[54:46] | Yeah . | 是的 |
[54:49] | You got moxie, Erie. Get yourself a suit. | 艾瑞 你很有胆量 自己拿套衣服 |
[54:54] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[55:04] | I’ll bet $300 . | 我下三百块 |
[55:06] | Call and raise $200 . | 我跟 再加两百 |
[55:11] | Call . | 跟 |
[55:14] | No. | 不跟 |
[55:15] | I’m out. | 我不玩 |
[55:18] | Call . | 跟 |
[55:20] | Aces over. | A最大 |
[55:23] | Three cowboys. | 三张11 |
[55:25] | All red , queen high . | 皇后同花顺 |
[55:28] | Well , that finishes me. | 我输光了 |
[55:30] | Don’t worry about it, pal . | 朋友 别担心 |
[55:33] | They wouldn’t have let you in if you weren’t a chump ! | 不是呆瓜是进不来的 |
[55:35] | Lombard will be joining you in a couple of minutes. | 蓝柏几分钟后会加入你们 |
[55:38] | Now, look here , Shaw | 萧 听着 |
[55:39] | I’ve had enough of this game | 我对这场牌局 |
[55:40] | and quite enough of this company. | 跟你的忍耐力 已经到了极限 |
[55:43] | Check me out, Clemens . | 克里门 我不玩了 |
[55:45] | I guess that just leaves the three of us. | 看来只剩下我们三个人了 |
[55:48] | Yes , Mr. Shaw. that just leaves us three. | 不错 萧先生 只剩我们三个 |
[55:52] | Mr. Clayton , I think we should take a break for five minutes. | 克莱顿先生 不如先休息5分钟吧 |
[55:55] | Tempers seem to be running a little high . | 这里的温度开始升高了 |
[55:58] | Oh , come on , Linneman , | 别这样 |
[55:59] | I was just starting to do good . | 我才刚开始走运 |
[56:12] | Stack me a cooler, Floyd . Oh , come on , Doyle . | 给我一副扑克牌 |
[56:14] | We’ll be in the station in another hour. | 再一个钟头就到站了 |
[56:16] | The other guys are the losers. You’re still okay. | 另一个家伙更惨 你的情况还算不错 |
[56:18] | Fix me a deck. Threes and nines. | 帮我弄一副只有3和9的牌 |
[56:19] | I’ll cut it in on Clayton’s deal . | 我会在克莱顿发牌时换牌 |
[56:21] | What do you want Clayton to get? | 你希望克莱顿拿到什么牌 |
[56:22] | Nothing . I want him out of there early. | 烂牌 我要他快点出局 |
[56:24] | I’m gonna bust that bastard bookie in one play. | 好让我赢光那家伙的钱 |
[56:32] | $400 to you , Mr. Jameson . You’re even . | 詹姆森先生 这里是四百元 你没输没赢 |
[56:34] | Well , just wasn’t my night. | 今天运气不佳 |
[56:53] | I need it. | 喔!我缺这张 |
[56:55] | You know what time we get in? No, I don’t. | 你记得我们几点到的吗 我不知道 |
[56:58] | Hey, where’s your ante? | 喂!你的赌金呢 |
[57:08] | Every time I had anything , he stayed in front of me. | 每次我手上有好牌 半路就会杀出他这个程咬金 |
[57:35] | $500 . | 五百 |
[57:39] | Your $500 . $ 1 , 000 . | 跟你五百 一共一千 |
[57:43] | I’ll fold . | 我盖牌 |
[57:47] | I’ll play. | 我跟 |
[57:50] | Cards? | 几张牌 |
[57:53] | Two . | 两张 |
[57:59] | Three. | 三张 |
[58:29] | $500 . | 五百 |
[58:33] | Your $500 and $ 1 , 000 . | 跟你五百 一共一千 |
[58:44] | Your $ 1 , 000 . I’ll raise you $2, 000 . | 跟你一千 我再加两千 |
[58:52] | Your $2, 000 . | 跟你两千 |
[58:58] | Mr. Clemens , | 克里门先生 |
[59:00] | give me $ 1 0 , 000 more . | 另外给我一万 |
[59:48] | I’ll call . | 开牌 |
[59:51] | Four nines. | 四条9 |
[1:00:03] | Four Jacks. | 四条11 |
[1:00:15] | You owe me $ 1 5 , 000 , pal . | 朋友 你欠我一万五 |
[1:00:32] | Must’ve left my wallet in my room . | 我把皮夹忘记在房间里 |
[1:00:34] | Don’t hand me any of that crap ! | 废话少说 |
[1:00:36] | When you come to a game like this, you bring your money! | 哪有人赌钱不带现金的 |
[1:00:38] | How do I know you won’t take a powder? | 我怎么晓得你不是想脚底抹油 |
[1:00:40] | No, no, no, no, no, now. . . | 不 不 不 |
[1:00:41] | All right, I’ll tell you what I’ll do. | 让我告诉你我打算怎么做 |
[1:00:42] | I’ll send a boy around to your room in five minutes. | 5分钟后 我会叫我的手下到你房间 |
[1:00:45] | You better have the money | 你最好准备好钱 |
[1:00:46] | or it’s gonna be all around Chicago that you welched . | 否则 全芝加哥都会知道你赖帐 |
[1:00:48] | You won’t be able to get a game of jacks ! | 你永远别想再玩扑克牌 |
[1:00:51] | Cash me in for the rest of these bums. | 把其他都换成现金 |
[1:01:09] | You’re on , kid . | 该你了 小鬼 |
[1:01:12] | But I can tell you , it’s a hard act to follow. | 最好先有心理准备 他很棘手 |
[1:01:14] | How did it go? | 进行的如何 |
[1:01:15] | We got working money. | 我们的活动经费搞定了 |
[1:01:17] | Hey? Yeah? | 嘿 是的 |
[1:01:19] | He’s steamin’ . | 他很愤怒 |
[1:01:20] | Yeah . | 没错 |
[1:01:21] | Watch yourself. | 自己小心 |
[1:01:31] | Doyle, I know I gave him four threes ! | 德利 我确定我给他四个3 |
[1:01:34] | He had to make a switch ! | 他一定有换牌 |
[1:01:35] | We can’t let him get away with that. | 我们绝不能放过他 |
[1:01:37] | What was l supposed to do? | 我又能怎样 |
[1:01:38] | Call him for cheating better than me in front of the others? | 承认他骗术比我高明 |
[1:02:00] | Name’s Kelly. Shaw sent me . | 我叫凯利 是萧派我来的 |
[1:02:10] | Your boss is quite a card player, Mr. Kelly. | 你老板是玩牌高手 凯利先生 |
[1:02:12] | How does he do it? | 他是如何办到的 |
[1:02:14] | He cheats. | 他动手脚 |
[1:02:18] | Well , in that case, I’ll keep my money, | 既然如此 我不会给他钱 |
[1:02:19] | and we’ll just have another game. | 而且得再安排一次比赛 |
[1:02:21] | You don’t have any to keep . | 你根本就没钱了 |
[1:02:27] | Here’s your wallet. | 这是你的皮夹 |
[1:02:28] | He hired a dame to take it from you . | 他雇了一个扒手偷它 |
[1:02:31] | Shaw’s been planning to beat your game for months. | 萧计划了几个月 要在比赛中赢你 |
[1:02:33] | He’s been waiting for you to cheat him so he could clip you . | 他就等你骗他 然后再整你 |
[1:02:37] | Who do you think you’re talking to, errand boy? | 跑腿的 你在跟谁说话 |
[1:02:39] | Nobody sets me up ! | 没人能骗到我 |
[1:02:41] | Take him back to the baggage room ! | 把他弄到行李房 |
[1:02:42] | Put one in his ear! | 然后再干掉他 |
[1:02:43] | There were four witnesses at that table ! | 牌桌上有四个目击证人 |
[1:02:45] | Then go back, get that other goddamn son of a bitch | 那就一不做二不休 |
[1:02:48] | and we’ll dump them in the first tunnel we hit. | 其他四个人也一块解决 |
[1:02:50] | Doyle, we’ll be in the station in a few minutes ! | 再几分钟我们便到站了 |
[1:02:52] | It ain’t gonna look too good | 你的债主离奇死亡 |
[1:02:53] | you killing a guy you owe money to . | 有点引人非议 |
[1:02:56] | There’s better ways of taking him down . | 有更好的方法可以整他 |
[1:03:02] | What do you think Shaw would do to me | 要是萧知道我跟你们说这些 |
[1:03:04] | if he knew I was telling you this? | 我就死定了 |
[1:03:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:03:13] | Why the rat? | 为何要背叛他 |
[1:03:20] | I want to take over his operation , | 我想取代他 |
[1:03:22] | and I need you to help me break him . | 但需要你帮忙打垮他 |
[1:03:32] | Where’s my money? | 我的钱呢 |
[1:03:33] | Shaw’s got it. | 萧拿走了 |
[1:03:34] | How the hell could I ask him for it back? | 我没法把钱讨回来 |
[1:03:39] | We’re pulling in . | 我们到站了 |
[1:03:47] | I’m giving you a lift home. | 我送你回家 |
[1:03:50] | I was supposed to go with Shaw. | 我得和萧一块走 |
[1:03:52] | Explain it to him somehow. | 找个理由向他解释 |
[1:03:53] | Yeah , but he’s expecting me. | 可是他在等我 |
[1:03:54] | I’m giving you a lift home. | 我送你回去 |
[1:03:57] | You follow? | 你来吗 |
[1:04:02] | Yeah , sure . Sure thing . | 是 当然 当然没问题 |
[1:04:29] | What makes you think you can beat him? | 你凭什么打败他 |
[1:04:31] | I’ve been planning this for two years. | 我已经了计划两年 |
[1:04:33] | I know his organization backwards and forwards. | 组织里里外外 我最了解 |
[1:04:35] | And I need somebody who’s respectable but not completely legit. | 我需要一位受人尊敬 不过偶尔也会违法的人 |
[1:04:38] | I’m a banker, Kelly. That’s legit in this state. | 凯利 我是个银行家 这是黑道漂白的最佳掩护 |
[1:04:40] | All you gotta do is put down a bet for me at Shaw’s place . | 你只要替我在萧的赌场下注 |
[1:04:43] | I’ll do the rest. I’ll supply the money. | 其余的我会搞定 钱和 |
[1:04:45] | I’ll supply the information . | 资料由我来提供 |
[1:04:46] | What about the money you come to collect? Won’t he miss it? | 那些你本来该收的帐呢 |
[1:04:49] | I’ll tell him you paid it. | 我会告诉他 你付了 |
[1:04:50] | I keep his books. He trusts me. | 帐目由我经手 他信任我 |
[1:04:51] | lf you help me, I’ll pay you back the money he stole out of my own pocket. | 如果你帮我 我会自己拿钱 帖补你的损失 |
[1:04:55] | It’s worth that much to you? | 这值得你这么做吗 |
[1:04:56] | Yeah . | 当然 |
[1:04:58] | Oh , yeah . Maybe a couple of million . | 绝对值得 还可以再赚个几百万 |
[1:05:08] | Where do you come from , Kelly? | 凯利 你从哪来 |
[1:05:11] | From the East Side of New York. A place called Five Points. | 纽约东部的贫民区 |
[1:05:15] | But I got out of there. | 很幸运我离开了那里 |
[1:05:16] | Out and up , huh? | 离开那里往上爬 是吧 |
[1:05:20] | Hey, Floyd , | 喂!弗洛伊 |
[1:05:21] | I’m gonna have to keep you away from this guy. | 你得离这家伙远一点 |
[1:05:24] | You’re liable to get ideas. | 你必须为自己的主意负责 |
[1:05:44] | I’ll be at Klein’s Drug Store | 有兴趣的话 1点半 |
[1:05:45] | 660 South Marshall at 1 : 30 , if you’re interested . | 我会在克莱的药局 地址在660马薛南路 |
[1:05:50] | lf I’m not there by 1 :45 , I’m not coming . | 如果1点45分没见到我 就表示我不来了 |
[1:07:06] | Hey, Hooker. Hey, Ed . | 虎克 艾德 |
[1:07:07] | How did it go? Jake. | 进行的如何 令人满意 |
[1:07:12] | Everything go okay? | 一切都没问题 |
[1:07:13] | Yeah , sure. Hell , easy. | 当然罗!易如反掌 |
[1:07:25] | No sign of trouble, huh? | 有任何状况出现吗 |
[1:07:26] | No. | 没有 |
[1:07:27] | What about Lonnegan? | 隆根呢 |
[1:07:28] | I gave him the breakdown , just like you said . | 我照你教的 分析给他听 |
[1:07:30] | And? | 然后呢 |
[1:07:31] | He’s good . He threatened to kill me. | 他居然威胁要杀我 |
[1:07:33] | Hell , kid , if they don’t do that, | 他们如果想杀你 |
[1:07:35] | you know you’re not getting to them . | 就表示他们上钩了 |
[1:07:55] | Hello, Doyle. | 哈罗!德利 |
[1:07:57] | All right, Riley, what the hell happened? | 怎么了?怀利 到底出了什么事 |
[1:08:00] | We missed him . | 让他逃跑了 |
[1:08:02] | Whoever he is, he made a fool out of you . | 不管他是谁 他的确把你耍得团团转 |
[1:08:04] | There wasn’t no way he could’ve known we was in that room . | 他不可能知道 我们在那个房间里 |
[1:08:07] | Somebody must’ve wised him up . | 一定有人教他 |
[1:08:09] | What does Cole say about that? | 柯尔怎么说 |
[1:08:12] | I don’t know. He took it hard . | 我不知道 他很沮丧 |
[1:08:14] | Get out of here , Riley. | 给我滚出去 怀利 |
[1:08:16] | Put Salino onto it. | 叫萨利诺去查 |
[1:08:19] | Salino? Why waste our best people on a small-time job? | 萨利诺 这未免太小题大作了吧 |
[1:08:23] | This is a nickel-and-dime grifter we’re after, Doyle. | 德利 这个骗子只是个小角色 |
[1:08:25] | They’ll get him next time. | 他们下次一定会抓到他 |
[1:08:26] | They had their chance. | 他们搞砸了 |
[1:08:27] | All they did was shoot up a neighborhood , | 他们只会打草惊蛇 |
[1:08:29] | make a lot of noise, wake up a few cops. | 惊动警察而已 |
[1:08:31] | Yeah , but that was– I told you to put Salino onto it. | 我要你让萨利诺去处理 |
[1:08:34] | It may take a little more time, | 可能会多花些时间 |
[1:08:35] | but there won’t be any holes. | 但至少不会有破绽 |
[1:08:37] | Tell Cole I wanna see him when he comes in . | 告诉柯尔 进来时要来见我 |
[1:08:39] | Well , he won’t be coming in , | 事情办砸了 |
[1:08:41] | not to get bounced off a job , anyway. | 他没脸回来 |
[1:08:43] | This is Salino’s job , Vince . | 文斯 这是萨利诺的工作 |
[1:08:46] | Cole wants to muscle in on it, that’s his business. | 他不肯放手是他家的事 |
[1:08:48] | But he’s breaking the rules and Salino won’t like it. | 不过 萨利诺 一定不高兴他坏了规矩 |
[1:08:51] | Now, get me the books. | 现在 把帐本给我 |
[1:09:32] | Joe, those odds on the third race are wrong . | 第三场的赌注不对 |
[1:09:35] | Just a minute. I’ll get them for you . | 等一下 我马上拿来 |
[1:09:38] | Don’t worry so much , lad . You’re gonna be all right. | 别担心 一切都会没事 |
[1:09:42] | Just stay to the back the first time around . | 一开始先躲在后面 |
[1:09:47] | Put a little of this on your nose. | 涂一些在你的鼻子上 |
[1:10:33] | Kelly? | 凯利 |
[1:10:40] | You should always look to the back, kid . | 小鬼 你要时常注意身后 |
[1:10:42] | I was afraid you wasn’t gonna show. | 我以为你不来了 |
[1:10:44] | We haven’t got much time. | 我们没有太多时间 |
[1:10:45] | Get on with it, then . | 继续说下去 |
[1:10:48] | Sometime after 2: 00 | 大概在2点以后 |
[1:10:50] | a guy’s gonna call on that phone there | 有人会打电话进来 |
[1:10:52] | and give you the name of a horse. | 告诉你一个马名 |
[1:10:55] | All you got to do is take this $2, 000 | 你只要拿着这两千块 |
[1:10:56] | across the street and down the alley | 到对街 |
[1:10:58] | to Shaw’s place , and bet it on that pony. | 去萧的地方赌那匹马 |
[1:11:00] | There’s nothing to it. | 就这么简单 |
[1:11:02] | But don’t take too much time. | 别等太久 |
[1:11:03] | We’ve only got three or four minutes after you get the call . | 接电话后 只剩3 4分钟 |
[1:11:06] | You’ll not break him with a $2, 000 bet. | 两千块的赌注 对他没太大影响 |
[1:11:09] | This is just a test. The big one comes later. | 这只是试验 真正的好戏还在后头 |
[1:11:11] | But be careful with that. That’s all I got. | 小心点 这是我所有的钱 |
[1:11:13] | And you were gonna pay me back out of your own pocket? | 我以为你要自掏腰包还我钱 |
[1:11:15] | I am . After the race. | 我会 等到赌完以后 |
[1:11:19] | I got to get back before Shaw misses me . | 我得赶回去 免的被萧发现 |
[1:11:21] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[1:12:19] | Yeah? Go ahead . | 喂 说吧 |
[1:12:21] | The horse is Blue Note to win. | 赌 蓝纸条 赢 |
[1:12:23] | Fourth race at Narragansett. | 奈拉甘赛特马场的第四场 |
[1:12:25] | Got it. | 知道了 |
[1:12:48] | Yeah? | 喂! |
[1:12:49] | Blue Note to win | 蓝纸条赢 |
[1:12:51] | in the fourth race at Narragansett. | 奈拉甘赛特 第四场 |
[1:13:29] | Turning for home , it’s Lady Scout by a length . | 女童军领先速度女皇一个马身 |
[1:13:32] | Speed Queen a half, Lady Trust and Miss Petrina. | 速度女皇超前信赖女士 和派翠娜小姐半个马身 |
[1:13:35] | lnto the stretch , it’s Lady Scout ahead , | 形成拉锯战 女童军领先速度女皇 |
[1:13:37] | Speed Queen a half. | 半个马身 |
[1:13:39] | And at the wire , it’s Speed Queen the winner! | 到了终点线 最后是速度女皇获胜 |
[1:13:42] | Lady Scout placed and Miss Petrina showed. | 女童军第二 跟着是派翠娜小姐 |
[1:13:45] | Post numbers two , five , and one. | 公布号码 2 5和1 |
[1:13:48] | Taking off at 23. | 在23号闸门 起跑 |
[1:13:51] | Look at that. | 快看 |
[1:13:54] | He’s got his apes with him . | 他还带着那只猩猩 |
[1:13:57] | Yeah , we’re gonna have to do something about that. | 我们必须想办法对付 |
[1:14:01] | Bubblesome is 1 0 , Beefsteak, 7 . . . | 泡泡是一赔十 牛排是一赔七 |
[1:14:05] | Vote Boy , 6 , Kerry Patch , 1 2. | 选票男孩是一赔六 斑点凯瑞是一赔十二 |
[1:14:08] | and Blue Note is 7-1 . | 蓝纸条是一赔七 |
[1:14:11] | This is your last call for the third race at Lincoln Fields. | 林肯赛马场 第三场最后下注的机会 |
[1:14:15] | They”re going to the post. | 他们去起跑点了 |
[1:14:16] | You may still wager. . . There he goes. | 想下注的请快 |
[1:14:18] | . . . if you hurry . | 好戏上场了 |
[1:14:23] | At Detroit, the winner, Speed Queen , paid $7 . 20 | 底特律的比赛 速度皇后获胜 第一名付7块2 |
[1:14:27] | $4 . 60 and $3 .40. | 第二付4块6 第三付3块4 |
[1:14:28] | Lady Scout, $7 .40. | 女童军第二名付7块4 |
[1:14:31] | Miss Petrina paid $4 . | 派翠娜小姐付4块钱 |
[1:14:34] | Last flash at Narragansett. | 奈拉甘斯特的闪电女士 |
[1:14:36] | Lady Higloss, 6-5. | 席格斯小姐是五赔六 |
[1:14:41] | I’d think you’d get tired of losing , Harrigan . | 哈瑞根 你应该输到烦了吧 |
[1:14:43] | Thank you , Mr. Willis. | 威廉先生 谢谢你 |
[1:14:46] | Blue Note, | 蓝纸条 |
[1:14:48] | $2, 000 to win , fourth race , Narragansett. | 两千块独赢 奈拉甘斯特马场 第四场比赛 |
[1:14:51] | Make sure you see the cash , Eddie. | 艾迪 确定你看到现金才行 |
[1:14:53] | He’s got a name for betting money he doesn’t have. | 他赌博喜欢不带钱 |
[1:14:55] | We”ll give you the results on that one in a minute. | 结果马上就揭晓 |
[1:14:58] | Ladies and gentlemen , this is Arnold Rowe , | 各位先生 各位女士 我是阿诺罗威 |
[1:15:00] | your caller for the fourth race. | 第四场比赛 请快下注 |
[1:15:02] | The mile and one-sixteenth Mansfield handicap | 罗德岛上的奈拉甘斯特公园 |
[1:15:04] | at Narragansett Park, Rhode lsland. | 长1 16英哩的障碍赛马 |
[1:15:06] | $1 3 ,000 added , 3-year-olds and up. | 三岁以上的马龄 获胜可得1万3千元 |
[1:15:10] | The flag is up, and they”re off and running. | 开始了 它们往前奋斗冲刺 |
[1:15:14] | It’s Bubblesome going to the front, | 泡泡领先在前 |
[1:15:16] | followed by Lady Higloss, | 席格斯女士第二 |
[1:15:17] | Vote Boy, Chancing, Beefsteak, Kerry Patch | 其他依序为选票男孩 命运 牛排 斑点凯瑞 |
[1:15:19] | and Blue Note trails the field. | 蓝纸条垫后 |
[1:15:21] | Around the clubhouse turn , it’s Bubblesome ahead, | 经过一圈之后 目前是泡泡领先 |
[1:15:24] | Chancing a half, Lady Higloss by one | 超前命运半个马身 超过席格斯女士一个马身 |
[1:15:26] | followed by Vote Boy , Beefsteak, | 紧跟在后的是选票男孩 牛排 |
[1:15:28] | Kerry Patch and Blue Note. | 斑点凯瑞和蓝纸条 |
[1:15:30] | lnto the second turn , it’s Chancing by a length . | 第二圈是命运领先一个马身 |
[1:15:32] | Lady Higloss driving on the rail and Vote Boy | 席格斯女十紧追在后 再来是选票男孩 |
[1:15:34] | followed by Bubblesome , Beefsteak, Kerry Patch and Blue Note. | 后面是泡泡 牛排 斑点凯瑞和蓝纸条 |
[1:15:37] | Come on , Chancing ! | 命运 快跑啊 |
[1:15:39] | Lady Higloss a half, Vote Boy by one. | 席格斯女士领先选票男孩 一个马身 |
[1:15:42] | That Lady Higloss is a hell of a finisher. | 席格斯女士在拼命冲刺 |
[1:15:44] | Chancing’s gonna have to open up a little more on her. | 命运必须展现实力 |
[1:15:48] | Know anything about a horse named Blue Note? | 听过一匹叫蓝纸条的马吗 |
[1:15:50] | Nah , nah , he never done much . | 它没赛过几次 |
[1:15:52] | Probably in there just to round out the field . | 可能只是来充场面的 |
[1:15:54] | Chancing’s where you want to have your money. | 要想赢 就得赌命运 |
[1:16:00] | Great tip you handed me, kid . | 小鬼 你给的是什么消息啊 |
[1:16:03] | Just give him time. | 耐心点 |
[1:16:04] | Chancing by one . | 命运领先一个马身 |
[1:16:05] | And here comes Blue Note , driving on the outside! | 蓝纸条自外道切入 |
[1:16:07] | Nice work, Erie. He loves you . | 艾瑞 做的好!他爱你 |
[1:16:09] | He’s third! | 它第三 |
[1:16:10] | Chancing is shortening stride , | 命运被追上了 |
[1:16:12] | and now it”s Lady Higloss and Blue Note. | 现在是席格斯女士和蓝纸条 |
[1:16:14] | They”re head to head. They”re neck to neck. | 它们现在并驾齐驱 |
[1:16:16] | It”s Lady Higloss, Blue Note. | 是席格斯女士跟蓝纸条 |
[1:16:18] | Lady Higloss, Blue Note. | 席格斯女士和蓝纸条 |
[1:16:20] | And Blue Note wins it by a nose! | 蓝纸条领先一个马鼻 因而险胜 |
[1:16:23] | Lady Higloss is second by three , | 席格斯女士第二 |
[1:16:25] | and Chancing is third by one . | 命运第三 |
[1:16:28] | Who in the blazes is Blue Note? | 哪一匹是蓝纸条? |
[1:16:31] | The winner, Blue Note , paid $1 6, $9 .40 and $6. | 蓝纸条获胜付16元 第二付9块4 第三付6块 |
[1:16:35] | So you want to have your money on Chancing , huh? | 你想买命运赢不是吗 |
[1:16:39] | Chancing paid $3 . 80. | 命运付3块8 |
[1:16:42] | Time for the mile and one-sixteenth. | 1 16英哩比赛的结果 第一局是1分44秒 |
[1:16:54] | They”re going to the gate at Belmont. | 它们要前往贝蒙特的闸门 |
[1:16:56] | And here are the late odds. | 这是最新下注的情形 |
[1:16:58] | Both those garbage men belong to you? | 这些垃圾是你的吗 |
[1:17:01] | Well , get them out of here and don’t bring ’em back. | 叫他们滚出去 别再进来 |
[1:17:03] | This is a class joint. | 这可是个高级场所 |
[1:17:05] | Hey, you ! Kelly! | 喂!凯利 |
[1:17:07] | Yes, sir? | 是的 先生 |
[1:17:08] | Run those bums out of here. | 把这几个家伙赶出去 |
[1:17:11] | U h , M-Mr. Shaw, could l– | 萧先生 我能不能 |
[1:17:13] | Don’t give me any of your lip , kid . | 别跟我耍嘴皮 |
[1:17:16] | Now, run ’em out of here. | 立刻把他们踢出去 |
[1:17:18] | The winner is Panic Relief. | 镇静剂获胜 |
[1:17:20] | Barbara A is second. . . | 芭芭拉跑第二 |
[1:17:24] | Time for the three-quarter mile: | 第四局 0 75英哩的时间 |
[1:17:26] | 1 : 1 1 .4 . | 是1分11秒 |
[1:17:28] | The winner, Panic Relief, paid $1 2.40 | 镇静剂获胜 第一名付12块4 |
[1:17:31] | $8. 20 and $5. | 第二付8块2 第三付5块钱 |
[1:17:33] | Barbara A, $6. 20 and $4 . | 芭芭拉跑第二 付6块2 第三付4块钱 |
[1:17:37] | Wilder paid $4 . | 迷路跑第三 付4块钱 |
[1:17:40] | They”re at the post at Belmont at 38. | 成绩公布在 贝蒙特的38号计分板上 |
[1:17:43] | We”re waiting on one. I’ll call Belmont next. | 我们在等第一局的结果 我要开始报告下场比赛 |
[1:17:47] | That’s it, fellas ! | 好了 成功了 |
[1:17:53] | I want to repeat that– | 我要重复一下 |
[1:17:55] | All right, J .J . | JJ 够了 |
[1:18:01] | What do you say, pal? | 朋友 你好吗 |
[1:18:13] | Yeah? | 怎样 |
[1:18:19] | He’s on his way. | 他上来了 |
[1:18:35] | Hi , Mutt. | 嗨!姆特 |
[1:18:38] | Say, Jeff. | 杰夫 你好啊 |
[1:18:41] | Well , what’d I tell you? | 我就说吧 |
[1:18:42] | You got lucky once. That’s not enough . | 你是运气好 靠运气是没用的 |
[1:18:44] | Oh . Lucky, hell . I can do it every time. | 运气好个屁 我屡试不爽 |
[1:18:46] | Why don’t you then? | 那为何不赢给我们看 |
[1:18:47] | ‘Cause it’s better to do it all at once. | 最好能见好就收 |
[1:18:51] | We’re gonna put down $400 , 000 next week. | 下星期 我们要下注四十万 |
[1:18:53] | At 5-1 odds, that’s $2 million . | 机率是一赔五 也就是两百万 |
[1:18:55] | Twenty percent of that is yours if you stick with it. | 你能拿百分之二十 |
[1:18:58] | Got a system , Kelly? | 凯利 你有靠山吗 |
[1:19:00] | No. You can still lose with a system . | 不 有靠山也有可能输 |
[1:19:03] | You’re past-posting , aren’t you? | 你是利用晚公布的方式 对吧 |
[1:19:09] | Could be . | 可能是 |
[1:19:11] | How? | 如何办到的 |
[1:19:13] | You’re gonna stay in? | 要算你一份吗 |
[1:19:15] | Not until I get some answers. | 等我听完再决定 |
[1:19:21] | I got a partner downtown . | 我有个合伙人在市中心 |
[1:19:24] | And he runs the central office of the Western U nion . | 他在电报公司的总公司做事 |
[1:19:26] | Now, race results from all over the country come in there | 全国的跑马结果 |
[1:19:28] | and go across his desk to the bookies. | 都会经过他的手 再传给那些庄家 |
[1:19:31] | Now, all he does is hold them up for a couple of minutes | 他只需先透露比赛结果给我 |
[1:19:33] | till he can call us, get a bet down on the winner. | 等我下好注后 |
[1:19:36] | Then he releases the results to the bookies. | 再把比赛结果 传给赌马站的庄家 |
[1:19:38] | We clean up on a race that’s already been run . Now, you can’t miss. | 我们预先知道比赛结果 这样绝对万无一失 |
[1:19:41] | Unless the Western Union dicks get a hold of it. | 除非电报公司查出来 |
[1:19:52] | You got the $400 , 000 yet? | 你有四十万吗 |
[1:19:54] | No, not yet, but. . . | 还没有 不过 |
[1:19:57] | Hey, there’s only $ 1 , 000 here . | 这里只有一千 |
[1:19:59] | Make another bet tomorrow. | 明天再试一次 |
[1:20:01] | What the hell is this? Where’s my money? | 我的钱呢? |
[1:20:02] | I got $ 1 6 , 000 coming . | 我赢了一万六 |
[1:20:04] | You owe me $ 1 5 , 000 already. | 你欠我一万五千块 |
[1:20:05] | Besides, if your setup’s as good as you say, there’s plenty more to come. | 如果真像你说这么利害 以后好处还多着呢 |
[1:20:08] | I decide when to place the bets ! | 由我决定何时下注 |
[1:20:09] | Not if you want me to keep making them for you . | 除非你不想跟我合伙 |
[1:20:11] | I gotta talk to my partner. | 我得先跟我的合伙人谈谈 |
[1:20:13] | We can’t afford to expose too much . | 透露太多内情是会惹来麻烦的 |
[1:20:15] | I’ll talk to him myself. No ! | 我要亲自跟他谈 不行 |
[1:20:16] | You’ve been waiting a long time for this, Kelly. | 这机会是你期待以久的 |
[1:20:19] | Don’t ruin it for yourself. | 别亲手搞砸了它 |
[1:20:20] | I’ll pick you up tomorrow at 3: 00 . | 我明天三点来接你 |
[1:20:22] | You follow? | 听懂了吗 |
[1:20:58] | Twist, I told him the tale, but he didn’t go for it. | 托斯 我告诉他这个故事 但他并不相信 |
[1:21:00] | He wants to see my partner tomorrow at 3: 00 . | 他明天三点想要见我的合伙人 |
[1:21:02] | 3: 00? Yeah. | 三点 是啊 |
[1:21:04] | No, we’ll never get a telegraph store set up by then . | 没时间架设一间电报室了 |
[1:21:06] | Any chance of talking him out of it? | 能不能说服他别去 |
[1:21:07] | None. I would’ve stalled him , but I didn’t have many friends in the room . | 不可能 我尽量拖一下 但我没办法 |
[1:21:11] | Yeah . Well , all right, we’ll have to play him on the fly. | 好吧 只得赶快借个地方 |
[1:21:13] | I’ll get Eddie looking for a place. | 我叫艾迪去找地点 |
[1:21:15] | Let me know when you got something. | 有消息告诉我一声 |
[1:21:16] | Sure thing , tootsie . | 没问题 小姐 |
[1:21:19] | All right, Hooker! | 逮到你了 虎克 |
[1:21:29] | Stop him ! | 拦住他 |
[1:22:41] | Hooker! Hooker! | 虎克 虎克 |
[1:22:44] | I’ll get you , you rat! | 我一定会捉到你 这个混蛋 |
[1:22:47] | Hooker! | 虎克 |
[1:22:54] | Why didn’t you tell me about Snyder before? | 为何一开始 不告诉我斯奈德的事 |
[1:22:56] | I thought I’d lost him . | 我以为甩掉他了 |
[1:22:58] | Well , you found him again . | 找到他 |
[1:22:59] | And we’re gonna have to do something about it. | 我们必须想办法对付他 |
[1:23:01] | What else haven’t you been telling me? | 还有什么没告诉我的 |
[1:23:03] | Nothing . That’s all there is. | 没了 就这样 |
[1:23:05] | Hold still . | 别动 |
[1:23:07] | Why did you move out of your room? | 你为什么搬出你的房间 |
[1:23:10] | It was too noisy. | 那里太吵了 |
[1:23:12] | You can’t play your friends like marks, Hooker. | 虎克 你必须诚心对待朋友 |
[1:23:16] | You know how easy it would be | 你知道隆根的手下 |
[1:23:17] | for one of Lonnegan’s guys to get you? | 很容易就能找到你 |
[1:23:18] | Henry, all we need is a couple of days | 我们只需要几天的时间 |
[1:23:20] | and we can get the son of a bitch and nail him . | 就能把这个狗娘养的 整得死去活来 |
[1:23:24] | You just won’t learn , will you? | 你就是学不会 对吧 |
[1:23:26] | I come in here, I teach you stuff | 我特地来教你这些 |
[1:23:27] | that maybe five guys in the world know. | 难得一见的绝技 |
[1:23:29] | Stuff most grifters couldn’t do even if they knew it. | 其中很多是一般老千 能力所不及的 |
[1:23:31] | All you want to do is run down a bullet. | 可是你一心一意只想报仇 |
[1:23:33] | I’m asking a couple of days, that’s all . | 我只要求几天的时间 |
[1:23:35] | I can stay clear that long ! | 我保证在这段期间 不会出状况 |
[1:23:39] | Christ, they’ll probably miss you and hit me. | 老天爷 我真的会被害死 |
[1:24:21] | What will you have? | 要点些什么 |
[1:24:24] | Give me the, uh , blue plate special . | 给我蓝碟子特餐 |
[1:24:26] | One blue plate special . | 一个蓝碟子特餐 |
[1:24:59] | You’re done? | 吃完了吗 |
[1:25:00] | Yeah . | 是啊! |
[1:25:01] | Guess I should’ve had the meat loaf. | 早知道就叫肉饼 |
[1:25:03] | It isn’t any better. | 反正都一样难吃 |
[1:25:08] | Hey, where’s June? | 琼跑哪去了 |
[1:25:10] | She quit. | 她不干了 |
[1:25:11] | I’m filling in for her a couple of days | 我先来代班几天 |
[1:25:13] | until I can get a train out of here. | 直到我有能力搭火车 离开此地为止 |
[1:25:15] | Yeah? Where are you going? | 是吗?你要去哪 |
[1:25:16] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[1:25:18] | Depends on what train I get on . | 得看搭上那班火车再说 |
[1:25:26] | Keep it. | 别找了 |
[1:25:27] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:25:45] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[1:26:09] | Excuse me, ma’am , but we’re looking for Mr. , uh . . . | 对不起 小姐 我们在找一个 |
[1:26:12] | Harmon . Uh , Mr. Harmon’s office. | 赫曼 赫曼先生的办公室 |
[1:26:14] | Mr. Harmon? | 赫曼先生? |
[1:26:15] | Yeah . | 对啊! |
[1:26:17] | Got a work order here for a painting job . | 我们是来粉刷房间的 |
[1:26:18] | For Mr. Harmon’s office? | 是赫曼先生的办公室吗 |
[1:26:20] | That’s right, ma’am . | 是的 小姐 |
[1:26:21] | Well , uh , hold on . Just a second . | 请等一下 |
[1:26:38] | Hiya. | 你好啊 |
[1:26:40] | Where to? | 上哪去 |
[1:26:41] | 110 South Wabash . | 华许南路110号 |
[1:26:43] | 110 South Wabash . Get going . | 华许南路110号 走吧 |
[1:26:48] | What happened to your face? | 你的脸怎么了 |
[1:26:49] | Uh , got into a fight with a raggle down on 13th . | 在13街跟一个妓女打了起来 |
[1:26:53] | Cut me with her ring . | 被她的戒指刮伤的 |
[1:26:55] | You ought to lay off the skirts. | 你该离女人远一点 |
[1:26:57] | You don’t find any of my boys | 我的手下 |
[1:26:58] | messing around with that kind of trash . | 从来不和那些垃圾鬼混 |
[1:27:10] | Brigham signed it, all right. | 的确是赫曼签的 |
[1:27:12] | I can’t understand why he didn’t tell me. | 真搞不懂 他为什么不告诉我 |
[1:27:13] | Ah , he’s like all ’em supervisors. | 哎呀!他跟其他上司没有两样 |
[1:27:16] | They think they’re too good for regular people. | 总以为自己高人一等 |
[1:27:18] | He says he was in here a while ago and the place was a mess. | 他上次来时 觉得这里乱七八糟 |
[1:27:20] | We’ll hurry so we don’t keep you out too long . | 我们会尽量快一点 你们就不用在外面等太久 |
[1:27:22] | Well , why can’t I work with you in here? | 为何不能留在办公室里工作 |
[1:27:24] | Look, pal , we got to cover the floor, the furniture, | 我们必需盖住家具和地板 |
[1:27:27] | so we don’t spill on nothin’ . | 才不会弄脏任何东西 |
[1:27:28] | Now, if you want to sit in here with a tarp | 如果你不介意头上罩一块布 |
[1:27:30] | over your head , you’re welcome to it. | 欢迎你们留下来工作 |
[1:27:31] | All right. How long will you be? | 要多久时间 |
[1:27:33] | Oh , an hour or two at the most. It’s a small job . | 大概一 两个小时 就能够搞定 |
[1:28:22] | We’ll go in the side door here. | 我们从边门进去吧 |
[1:28:36] | Hiya, Les. | 嗨!雷西 |
[1:28:37] | Uh , Les, this is Doyle Lonnegan . | 雷西 这位是隆根先生 |
[1:28:39] | Mr. Lonnegan , this is Les Harmon . | 这位是雷西赫曼 |
[1:28:41] | How do you do, Mr. Lonnegan? | 你好 隆根先生 |
[1:28:42] | Could we , uh . . . What did you bring him here for? | 你干嘛把他带到这来 |
[1:28:44] | I thought it’d be a good idea for him to see the operation . | 我想让他参观一下 |
[1:28:46] | Kelly, I’m having the place painted . | 我们不能在这儿谈 |
[1:28:48] | We can’t talk in here now. Oh . | 现在正好在粉刷房间 |
[1:28:50] | Well , we’ll have to find someplace else. | 我们换个地方谈 |
[1:28:52] | Excuse me, Mr. Lonnegan . | 不好意思 隆根先生 |
[1:28:59] | Yeah , Miss Barnes, I’m going home a little early. | 巴妮小姐 我得先走了 |
[1:29:01] | Look, if there are any calls, | 如果有人打电话找我 |
[1:29:03] | tell them they can reach me here tomorrow morning. Thank you . | 叫他们明天早上再打来 |
[1:29:07] | Mr. Lonnegan? | 隆根先生 |
[1:29:42] | I want to see it one more time. | 我要再看一次 |
[1:29:43] | I can’t do it. | 办不到 |
[1:29:45] | We got telegraph inspectors everywhere. | 到处都有电报督察 |
[1:29:46] | One more time won’t make a difference. | 再搞一次不会怎样吧 |
[1:29:48] | We got $400 , 000 coming in from the coast next week. | 下礼拜有人会从东岸 汇四十万来 |
[1:29:51] | You wanna risk that on a lousy $ 1 5 , 000? | 你不会为了这一万五 坏了我的大事吧 |
[1:29:54] | lf it works again tomorrow, I’ll finance the whole thing . | 如果明天一切顺利 我就愿意赞助你们 |
[1:29:57] | $500 , 000 . 60-40 , we split. | 五十万元 我们六四分帐 |
[1:30:00] | What are you talking . . . I told you , we’ve already got a guy. | 你在说什么 我们已经有赞助人了 |
[1:30:03] | He’s gonna give us half. What am I supposed to say to him? | 他愿意跟我们五五分帐 我现在如何跟人家交待 |
[1:30:05] | Say to him what you want. | 随便找个理由打发他 |
[1:30:08] | What I know about your operation , if I were you | 我现在已经知道你们的内幕 |
[1:30:10] | I’d be worried about making me happy. | 你最好别惹我生气 |
[1:30:12] | He’s right, Les. Your guy says a week. | 他说的对 你怎么知道 |
[1:30:14] | How do we know it won’t be a month? | 你的赞助人开的不是空头支票 |
[1:30:15] | Lonnegan here is a banker. | 隆根先生是银行家 |
[1:30:16] | He can get the money without any questions asked . | 他有的是钱 |
[1:30:18] | But we can’t keep going into Shaw’s place | 我们不能 总是去萧的地盘上中小奖 |
[1:30:20] | and cleaning up on long shots. He’s bound to get wise. | 迟早会被他发现的 |
[1:30:22] | All right. We’ll go for short odds. | 好吧 那这次赢个大奖 |
[1:30:25] | But it’s still– | 但是这 |
[1:30:26] | You follow? | 听懂了吗 |
[1:30:48] | You Lt. William Snyder? | 你是威廉斯奈德警官吗 |
[1:30:52] | I don’t know. What’s up? | 我不知道 干嘛 |
[1:30:54] | FBI . | 联邦调查局 |
[1:30:57] | Special Agent Polk would like a few words with you . | 伯克探员想跟你说几句话 |
[1:30:59] | You got a couple of minutes? | 有空吗 |
[1:31:01] | Yeah , sure. | 当然 |
[1:31:30] | No, no, no. It’s got to be south of the river. | 不 不 不 一定在河的南面 |
[1:31:33] | Probably this section in here. | 也许这一带 |
[1:31:34] | 31st, 39th , Morgan and Halstead . | 31街 39街 摩根街和赫斯提街 |
[1:31:37] | Now, that’s this section here. | 就是这里 |
[1:31:41] | Now, let’s break it into two sections along 35th . | 沿着35街把它分成两部分 |
[1:31:46] | What is this? I got work to do. | 你们在搞什么啊 我还有工作要做 |
[1:31:49] | Sit down and shut up , will you? | 闭嘴 给我坐下 |
[1:31:52] | Try not to live up to all my expectations. | 别惹我生气 |
[1:31:55] | Take two men with you . work your way south | 带两个人去 |
[1:31:57] | from 31st to 35th , Morgan and Halstead . | 在31到35街 摩根街 和赫斯提街 |
[1:32:00] | Go into every place and let me know what you find . | 这一带好好查查 一有发现 马上告诉我 |
[1:32:10] | We’ve been told you know a hustle artist | 我们听说你认识一个 |
[1:32:11] | named Johnny Hooker. | 叫强尼虎克的老千 |
[1:32:14] | You know him or don’t you? | 你认不认识他 |
[1:32:15] | Yeah , but I don’t know where he is. | 认识 但我不知道他在哪 |
[1:32:17] | Well , we do. | 我们知道他的下落 |
[1:32:18] | He’s chumming around with a big “C” | 他与大老千 |
[1:32:20] | named Henry Gondorff. | 康夫过从甚密 |
[1:32:22] | Ring any bells? | 有没有印象? |
[1:32:24] | Sure . Every bunco man in the country knows Gondorff. | 全国的警察都久仰他大名 |
[1:32:26] | Well , there’s word he’s gonna run a con | 听说他在 |
[1:32:28] | on the South Side here . | 南区诈骗 |
[1:32:30] | We’ve got a year-old Florida warrant on him , | 我有佛州的通缉令 |
[1:32:32] | but it’s a thin beef. | 但不足以将他定罪 |
[1:32:33] | He can beat it in court unless we catch him cold . | 除非能人赃并获 否则他可以轻易的逍遥法外 |
[1:32:37] | All we want you to do is pick up Hooker for us. | 只要你替我把虎克抓来 |
[1:32:40] | Why don’t you pick him up yourself? | 为什么你们自己不去抓 |
[1:32:43] | Because if word gets out that the feds are in on it, | 康夫要是知道调查局来了 |
[1:32:45] | Gondorff will fold up the whole thing . | 一定会马上落跑 |
[1:32:47] | Wouldn’t that be too bad? | 那不是太可惜了 |
[1:32:49] | Then you’d have to move out of this nice office | 那你就得搬出 |
[1:32:51] | you’ve got here. | 这个漂亮的办公室 |
[1:32:55] | Don’t crack wise with me, flatfoot. | 菜鸟 别跟我耍嘴皮 |
[1:32:58] | I spent too much time in dumps like this | 我花太多时间在这种地方 |
[1:33:00] | eating Gondorff’s dust | 吃康夫的闷亏 |
[1:33:01] | while you guys in the bunco squads get rich | 而警察却因为他的贿赂 |
[1:33:03] | tipping him off! | 大发横财 |
[1:33:04] | That’s not gonna happen this time. | 这次不会再历史重演 |
[1:33:07] | We’re not gonna tell the police we’re here. | 我们不会通知警方我们的行动 |
[1:33:10] | You keep your mouth shut and do a job , | 少罗唆 快点去做事 |
[1:33:12] | there’ll be some reward bucks in it for you . | 事成之后 会有奖金可拿 |
[1:33:15] | And you better take it, | 你最好和我们合作 |
[1:33:16] | ’cause I can make you work for us without it. | 因为我能逼你免费替我们做事 |
[1:33:20] | What the hell good is Hooker to you? | 虎克对你们有什么用 |
[1:33:22] | He’s gonna set up Gondorff for us . | 我们要利用他来捉康夫 |
[1:33:26] | He’ll never do it. | 他不会跟你们合作的 |
[1:33:27] | I think he will . | 他会的 |
[1:33:52] | He’s there. Let’s get on it. | 他来了 我们开始吧 |
[1:33:56] | What’s the line on Exponent? | 电报上怎么说 |
[1:33:57] | Uh , 5-1 . | 一赔五 |
[1:34:01] | How’s it going? | 进行的如何 |
[1:34:02] | Ah , nothing yet. | 还没着落 |
[1:34:04] | I had a good one on the lead at Lincoln Fields, | 本来林肯马场有匹马 看起来不错 |
[1:34:06] | but he faded . | 可惜输了 |
[1:34:07] | Best we had the last hour was Love Potion | 上一个钟头内 最好的 是洛金翰的 |
[1:34:09] | at Rockingham and she was 5-1 . | 爱之剂 一赔五 |
[1:34:12] | All the long shots coming in today. | 所有赔率大的马 今天都进场了 |
[1:34:15] | Take 4-1 if you have to. | 不得已时 就选一赔四 |
[1:34:17] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:34:21] | You can forget the boodle, Eddie. | 艾迪 不要用假钞了 |
[1:34:23] | He could hit us for $ 1 5 , 000 at 4-1 . | 一赔四 我们得给他一万五 |
[1:34:25] | We can’t handle that. | 我们没那么多钱 |
[1:34:26] | We’ll give him the shut-out. | 别让他下注 |
[1:34:27] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:34:29] | Okay, Billie , here we go . | 好啦!贝莉 我们开始吧 |
[1:34:32] | At the wire, it’s Wrecking Crew, the winner by five. | 马场上 救护队领先五个马身 |
[1:34:35] | Black Mischief, second . Whichaway, third . | 黑色风暴第二 飞翔第三 |
[1:34:39] | Wrecking Crew was 3-1 . That’s our boy. | 救护队是一赔三 就选它吧 |
[1:34:47] | Henry? | 亨利人呢 |
[1:34:52] | Here we go, Henry. We got a 3-1 at Belmont. | 贝蒙特马场的救护队是 |
[1:34:54] | Wrecking Crew. | 一赔三 |
[1:34:58] | Yeah? | 喂! |
[1:35:04] | Right. | 好 |
[1:35:20] | Yeah? | 喂! |
[1:35:21] | ln the sixth race at Belmont. | 贝蒙特马场的第六场比赛 |
[1:35:23] | Wrecking Crew to win , Black Mischief to place | 救护队独赢 黑色风暴第二 |
[1:35:26] | Whichaway to show. | 飞翔第三 |
[1:35:39] | Wait here. | 在这儿等我 |
[1:35:45] | The winner, Time to Go , paid $7 | 先机获胜 第一名付7块钱 |
[1:35:47] | $5.40 and $3 . 80. | 第二付5块4 第三付3块8 |
[1:35:50] | Joy Flag, $6 and $4 . 20. | 第二名是乐旗 付6块钱 第三付4块2 |
[1:35:53] | Readily paid $3 . 80 to show. | 迅光第三 付3块8 |
[1:35:56] | The weather”s threatening, but the track is fast | 在新罕布夏州的沙林马场 |
[1:35:59] | there in Salem , New Hampshire. | 天公不作美 但场内活动热络 |
[1:36:03] | Here”s a late jockey change | 洛金翰马场第五场比赛 |
[1:36:04] | there in the fifth at Rockingham. | 刚才突然更换骑师 |
[1:36:06] | R.C . Stark will ride ltsie-Bitsie. | 史塔克骑小不点 |
[1:36:10] | $5 , 000 on Black Mischief, across the board . | 五千元压黑色风暴全赢 |
[1:36:13] | The sixth at Belmont. | 贝蒙特第六场 |
[1:36:17] | Would you hurry it up there, please? | 拜托你 快一点 |
[1:36:20] | Wrecking Crew is 3-1 , Vale of Tears, 4 | 救护队是一赔三 4号眼泪 |
[1:36:24] | Black Mischief, 5, Whichaway , 6 | 5号黑色风暴 6号飞翔 |
[1:36:27] | Chief Yeoman , 1 2, Peerless Pal is 20. . . | 12号叶门酋长 20号独行侠 |
[1:36:32] | and Mariato is, uh , 40 . | 40号是马里多 |
[1:36:34] | And here we go for the sixth at Belmont. | 现在是贝蒙特马场的第六局 |
[1:36:36] | it’s five and a half furlongs. | 这是场短程马赛 |
[1:36:37] | They”re at the post. | 骑师们已经就定位 |
[1:36:38] | Now. The flag is up. | 现在 比赛开始 |
[1:36:39] | And they”re off! Belmont, $ 1 5 , 000 . | 贝蒙特的第六局 一万五 |
[1:36:41] | Excuse me, sir. We can’t take any bets once the race is started . | 对不起 一开赛就不能下注了 |
[1:36:44] | You can bet on another race if you care to. | 你如果愿意的话 可以赌别场 |
[1:36:48] | Going into the backstretch , it’s Wrecking Crew by two . | 目前救护队领先两个马身 |
[1:36:51] | Whichaway a half, Black Mischief | 飞翔超前半个马身 黑色风暴 |
[1:36:52] | and Vale of Tears driving on the outside. | 眼泪紧跟在后 |
[1:36:54] | Nothing , thank you . | 不用了 谢谢 |
[1:36:56] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[1:36:57] | I didn’t get the bet down in time. | 我没来得及下注 |
[1:37:00] | Jesus ! | 天哪 |
[1:37:04] | Heading for home , it”s Wrecking Crew all alone | 接近终点了 救护队领先 |
[1:37:06] | by six lengths | 六个马身 |
[1:37:07] | Whichaway a length , and Vale of Tears. | 飞翔超前眼泪一个马身 |
[1:37:10] | It’s Wrecking Crew, Whichaway and Black Mischief. | 排名是救护队 飞翔跟黑色风暴 |
[1:37:13] | Wrecking Crew wins it by six lengths. | 救护队领先六个马身 |
[1:37:16] | Black Mischief is second by a head | 黑色风暴第二 超前一个头 |
[1:37:18] | Whichaway is third by a neck, followed by Vale of Tears. | 飞翔第三 眼泪紧追在后 |
[1:37:22] | You should’ve had your money on Wrecking Crew. | 你应该把钱押在救护队上 |
[1:37:24] | It”s raining and the track is sloppy there at Riverside Park. | 下雨的缘故 使得河滨公园的跑道泥泞不堪 |
[1:37:27] | There”s a late scratch there. | 有马退出比赛 |
[1:37:29] | Transmutate–Transmutate is scratched in the fifth at Riverside. | 变形虫决定退出 河滨公园的第五场比赛 |
[1:37:33] | At Belmont, the winner, Wrecking Crew | 在贝蒙特马场 救护队第一 |
[1:37:36] | paid $6, $4 . 20 and $2. 80. | 独赢付6元 选第二付4块2 选第三付2块8 |
[1:37:39] | Black Mischief, $4 . 60 and $3 . 20. | 选黑色风暴第二 付4块6 选第三 付3块2 |
[1:37:46] | I’ll have $500 , 000 here by post time tomorrow. | 明天中场时 我会带五十万来 |
[1:37:50] | Lay it on the first race where the odds are 4-1 or better. | 赌第一场 选一赔四或更好 |
[1:37:52] | Make sure I get to the window this time. | 这次要确定我有时间下注 |
[1:37:54] | How the hell am I gonna do that? | 我要如何办到 |
[1:37:55] | I don’t know. Figure it out for yourself, Kelly. | 我不知道 凯利 你自己想办法吧 |
[1:38:26] | Finished? | 吃饱了吗 |
[1:38:28] | Yeah . Meat loaf, apple pie and a cup of coffee. | 是的 肉饼 苹果派跟一杯咖啡 |
[1:38:37] | Say, what time you get off work here? | 你今晚几点下班? |
[1:38:39] | 2: 00 a. m . | 凌晨两点 |
[1:38:40] | Yeah? Doing anything tonight? | 你有什么计划吗? |
[1:38:42] | Yeah . Sleeping . | 有啊!我要睡觉 |
[1:38:45] | Eighty-five. | 85元 |
[1:39:05] | Uh , you got a back door to this place? | 这地方有后门吗? |
[1:39:06] | What’s wrong with the front? | 前门有什么不好? |
[1:39:08] | No time to mess around . There’s a guy out there I don’t need to see. | 我没时间跟你开玩笑 外面有人要堵我 |
[1:39:11] | Don’t look around . | 别回头看! |
[1:39:12] | What does he want? | 他要干嘛? |
[1:39:13] | He’d like to kill me. | 他要杀我! |
[1:39:14] | Now, look, do me a favor. Go into the bathroom , | 帮个忙 到厕所去 |
[1:39:16] | open the window and wait there. | 打开窗 在哪等我 |
[1:39:18] | Why should l– Just do what I tell you , and everything will be jake. | 照我的话去做 就不会有事 |
[1:39:21] | Please. | 拜托 |
[1:39:30] | Thanks . Good night. | 谢谢 晚安 |
[1:40:05] | It’s taken . | 有人! |
[1:40:25] | Thanks . See you . | 谢了 等会儿见 |
[1:40:32] | Shit. | 该死 |
[1:41:16] | Salino . Hey, I wasn’t. . . | 萨利诺 嗨!我不是 |
[1:41:43] | Hey! Got you , Hooker! | 抓到你了 虎克 |
[1:41:46] | Hey there , Snyder. Long time no see. | 你好 斯奈德 好久不见 |
[1:41:48] | Get going ! | 快去吧 |
[1:42:18] | Chuck, | 强克 |
[1:42:20] | get this off to the Department right away. | 立刻把这送到局里去 |
[1:42:22] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[1:42:40] | Hello, Hooker. Take them off. | 哈罗!虎克 把手铐拿掉 |
[1:42:44] | Special Agent Polk, FBI . | 联邦调查局探员伯克 |
[1:42:47] | Have a chair. | 坐下 |
[1:42:51] | You want a drink or something? | 你要喝点饮料吗 |
[1:42:52] | No. | 不要 |
[1:42:55] | We want to talk to you about Henry Gondorff. | 我想跟你谈谈亨利康夫的事 |
[1:42:59] | Yeah? I don’t think I know him . | 是吗?我不认识他 |
[1:43:01] | Well , give yourself a couple of seconds. | 再想想看 |
[1:43:03] | You wouldn’t want to lie to me. | 你绝不会想对我说谎 |
[1:43:05] | Lt. Snyder says you’ve done a lot of confidence work | 斯奈德警官说 你在他的辖区 |
[1:43:07] | in his town . | 做了许多不法勾当 |
[1:43:08] | Oh , yeah? Lt. Snyder doesn’t know shit. | 哦!是吗 斯奈德警官懂个屁 |
[1:43:12] | You ain’t got nothing on me. | 我什么事都没做 |
[1:43:14] | Yeah? | 真的吗 |
[1:43:16] | How about counterfeiting? | 那假钞你又怎么解释 |
[1:43:21] | We’ve got a tip that Gondorff is gonna run a con | 我们听说康夫 |
[1:43:23] | on the South Side here . | 在南边成立个诈骗集体 |
[1:43:25] | All you’ve got to do is tell us | 你只要告诉我他 |
[1:43:27] | when he’s gonna play his chump . | 打算什么时候开始行骗 |
[1:43:29] | We come in at the sting , make the pinch , | 我们在适当时机临检 来个人赃俱获 |
[1:43:31] | and you walk out free as a bird . | 我们不会起诉你 |
[1:43:35] | No. | 不! |
[1:43:38] | You want to spend the next 20 years | 你难道想从今晚起 |
[1:43:39] | in a federal penitentiary, starting tonight? | 到联邦监狱去服刑20年吗? |
[1:43:43] | I’ll make parole. | 我可以申请假释 |
[1:43:45] | Like hell . You won’t even get a review. | 想得美 你不会有假释的机会 |
[1:43:48] | I’ll chance it. | 我愿意冒这个险 |
[1:43:53] | Okay. If that’s the way you want it. | 好吧!如果你决定这么做 |
[1:43:57] | We might even provide you with a little company | 等你到了牢里 |
[1:43:59] | on your way up the river. | 我们甚至可以替你找个伴 |
[1:44:00] | That wife of Luther Coleman’s . | 路德柯曼的遗孀 |
[1:44:02] | Snyder, what was her name? | 叫什么来着 |
[1:44:03] | Alva. | 艾娃 |
[1:44:06] | That’s it. Alva Coleman . | 艾娃 对 艾娃柯曼 |
[1:44:08] | Pretty fair grifter in her time. | 她年轻的时候 是一个很有名的女老千 |
[1:44:11] | Snyder’s given us quite a folder on her. | 斯奈德给我们很多她的资料 |
[1:44:14] | Nothing major by itself, but, uh , | 分开来看 没什么大不了 |
[1:44:17] | put them all together, it could add up to a lot of years. | 但全部加起来 足够她坐好几年牢 |
[1:44:22] | You stink, mister. | 你真叫人恶心 |
[1:44:24] | Don’t be a sap . | 别做蠢材 |
[1:44:26] | It’s not her I want. | 我不想找她麻烦 |
[1:44:30] | If you’re too dumb to save yourself, | 你笨到不想自救是你的事 |
[1:44:31] | there’s no sense dragging her down with you . | 但也没必要拖她下水 |
[1:44:56] | It’s over, Hooker. | 虎克 你已经无路可走了 |
[1:44:59] | You can save me a lot of trouble. | 如果你跟我们合作 可以省下我不少的麻烦 |
[1:45:02] | But I’m gonna get Henry Gondorff | 就算你不帮忙 |
[1:45:04] | whether you help me out or not. | 我还是会逮到亨利康夫 |
[1:45:21] | Will you wait till the chump is played? | 骗局落幕再下手 好吗 |
[1:45:23] | Hell , yes. | 当然 |
[1:45:25] | We don’t care about the mark. He deserves what he gets. | 我们才不在乎那肥羊 他是罪有应得 |
[1:45:28] | You come in before we beat him , and I’ll kill him . | 你要是破坏我们的计划 我就杀了他 |
[1:45:32] | All right, Hooker. | 好吧!虎克 |
[1:45:34] | But you try to take it on the lam , | 万一你想逃跑 |
[1:45:36] | and we’ll shoot you down on sight. | 我们会将你当场击毙 |
[1:45:46] | As long as I get to finish the play. | 只要我能把戏演玩 |
[1:45:59] | What is it, kid? You’re not saying much . | 有事吗?小鬼 怎么不说话 |
[1:46:01] | Just got the jumps. | 有点紧张罢了 |
[1:46:03] | Come in . | 进来 |
[1:46:04] | Things are a little slow tonight, Henry. | 生意不太好 |
[1:46:06] | I want to open the round for the girls. | 我想开放旋转木马给女孩子玩 |
[1:46:08] | Sure . | 没问题 |
[1:46:15] | Take it easy, kid . We’re not gonna lose him now. | 放轻松点 他已经上钩了 |
[1:46:17] | We had him 10 years ago when he decided to be somebody. | 十年前他决定出人头地时 就已经成为老千的目标 |
[1:46:20] | Believe me, I’ve seen enough to know. 10 . | 相信我 我见太多了 十点 |
[1:46:23] | 20 . | 二十点 |
[1:46:24] | 30 . | 三十点 |
[1:46:25] | Go . | 继续 |
[1:46:26] | 31 . | 三十一点 |
[1:46:34] | How many guys you conned in your life, Henry? | 亨利 你一生中骗过多少人 |
[1:46:37] | I don’t know, 200 , 300 . | 不记得了 两 三百人总有 |
[1:46:40] | Sometimes we played two a day when I was with O’Shea’s mob . | 当我替欧席亚组织做事时 有时一天得骗两个人 |
[1:46:45] | Of course , Chicago was a rigged town . | 芝加哥本身就是个 充满陷阱的城市 |
[1:46:47] | The fix was in . | 然后开始整顿 |
[1:46:49] | The dicks took their end without a beef. | 警察也拿不到油水 |
[1:46:52] | We had it down to a business. | 我们落得要将骗局合法化 |
[1:46:56] | And it really stunk, kid . | 真令人讨厌 |
[1:46:58] | No sense in being a grifter | 老千也得奉公守法 |
[1:46:59] | if it’s the same as being a citizen . | 那做骗子就没意思了 |
[1:47:03] | Well , I got packing to do. | 我要收拾行李 过了明天 |
[1:47:04] | I’m gonna be a hot number again after tomorrow. | 我又成了人人喊打的过街老鼠 |
[1:47:18] | I wouldn’t ask you to do this, you know, if it weren’t for Luther. | 如果不是为了路德 我绝不会拖你下水 |
[1:47:22] | Nothing’s gonna make up for Luther. | 逝者已矣 |
[1:47:25] | Revenge is for suckers. | 报复是笨人的行为 |
[1:47:26] | I’ve been grifting 30 years. I never got any. | 我行骗了三十年 才领悟这个道理 |
[1:47:32] | Then why are you doing it? | 那为什么要行骗呢 |
[1:47:35] | It seems worthwhile, doesn’t it? | 这一切很值得 不是吗 |
[1:47:44] | See you . | 明天见 |
[1:50:07] | Looks like he missed you . | 看来他错过你了 |
[1:50:09] | Uh , yeah . This time, anyway. | 是啊!这次侥幸逃过一劫 |
[1:50:12] | Good night, Mrs. Hillard . | 晚安 席拉太太 |
[1:50:21] | I , uh , was wondering | 我在想 |
[1:50:23] | if you might want to come out for a while | 你愿不愿意跟我出去 |
[1:50:25] | maybe have a drink or something . | 去喝杯酒什么的 |
[1:50:27] | You move right along , don’t you? | 你绝不放弃 是吧 |
[1:50:30] | Hey, I don’t mean nothing by it. | 我没什么恶意 |
[1:50:32] | I just don’t know many regular girls, is all . | 只是我认识的女孩不多 |
[1:50:36] | And you expect me to come out just like that? | 你认为只要你一叫我 我就会出来吗 |
[1:50:38] | If I expected something , | 如果真想干嘛 |
[1:50:39] | I wouldn’t still be standing here in the hall . | 我不会乖乖站在走廊上 |
[1:50:42] | I don’t even know you . | 我根本不认识你 |
[1:50:45] | You know me. | 你知道我 |
[1:50:47] | I’m just like you . | 我和你一样寂寞 |
[1:50:49] | It’s 2: 00 in the morning , and I don’t know nobody. | 现在是早上2点 我实在是无处可去 |
[1:51:19] | Come on , Henry. Knock off. | 亨利 别这样 |
[1:51:22] | You’ve done everything you can . | 你已经尽力了 |
[1:55:55] | Yeah? Polk. | 我是伯克 |
[1:55:56] | Polk, this is Hooker. | 伯克 是虎克 |
[1:55:58] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[1:55:59] | Yeah , go ahead . | 是的 说吧 |
[1:56:01] | Everything’s all set. | 全都准备好了 |
[1:56:02] | There’ll be a guy or two at the door. | 到时会有两 三个人在门口 |
[1:56:03] | Nobody’s carrying heaters. You won’t have any trouble. | 没有人会带枪 你不会有麻烦 |
[1:56:06] | Okay. See you there . | 好 待会儿见 |
[1:57:10] | She was gonna kill you , kid . | 小鬼 她本来要杀你 |
[1:57:13] | Her name’s Loretta Salino . | 她叫萝莉塔萨利诺 |
[1:57:15] | Lonnegan’s people set her up in the diner. | 隆根的人把她安排在餐厅里 |
[1:57:17] | Come on . | 快来 |
[1:57:18] | Let’s get out of here. | 快点离开 |
[1:57:21] | Come on ! | 快点 |
[1:57:34] | But she could have killed me last night. | 昨晚她本来可以杀我 |
[1:57:37] | Too many people could have seen you go in her room . | 太多人看见你去她房里 |
[1:57:39] | She was a real professional . | 她是职业杀手 |
[1:57:41] | Used to work in the Dutch Schultz mob . | 原先她替荷兰帮做事 |
[1:57:45] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[1:57:47] | Gondorff asked me to look after you . | 康夫叫我来照顾你 |
[1:58:00] | Snyder, | 斯奈德 |
[1:58:01] | we just got a tip that Gondorff’s mark | 我们刚接到线索 |
[1:58:03] | is some big New York wheel . | 康夫的目标是纽约的名人 |
[1:58:06] | As soon as we’re inside, you get him out of there fast | 我们一进去 在记者没出现前 |
[1:58:08] | before the reporters show up . | 你就马上把他弄出去 |
[1:58:10] | I don’t want any big shots around | 我不要那些记者 |
[1:58:11] | to mess this up for me. | 把事情搞砸 |
[1:58:13] | All right, let’s go ! | 好!我们走 |
[1:59:16] | Let’s go, guys ! | 各位 我们开始吧 |
[1:59:18] | The flag is up , kid . | 好戏开锣了 |
[1:59:27] | Anytime, J .J . | JJ 他随时会进来 |
[1:59:28] | I’m working on it. | 我正在找 |
[1:59:41] | Got one , Billie . Here we go. | 贝莉 找到一个 我们开始吧 |
[1:59:42] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:59:57] | Yeah? | 喂 |
[1:59:58] | Place it on Lucky Dan | 河滨公园马场 |
[2:00:00] | third race at Riverside Park. | 第三场 买幸运丹 |
[2:00:22] | 1 : 1 1 . 6 seconds. | 1分11又3/5秒 |
[2:00:25] | They were off at 21 . | 他们在21号闸门那边 |
[2:00:28] | Last call on the third at Riverside Park. | 河滨公园第三场 最后下注 |
[2:00:32] | They”re at the post. | 它们都在闸门 |
[2:00:34] | At Havre De Grace , the winner, Light Chatter | 在哈迪葛丝马场 轻声细语夺得第一 |
[2:00:37] | paid , uh , $5.40, $3 . 80 | 付5块4 3块8 |
[2:00:41] | and $2.40. Blacksod . . . | 及2块4 |
[2:00:44] | $500 , 000 to win . | 下注五十万 |
[2:00:47] | Lucky Dan , third race at Riverside. | 买河滨公园马场 第三场 幸运丹 |
[2:00:53] | You heard me. | 你听到了 |
[2:00:56] | H-Hold on , sir. l–I’ll get the manager. | 等一下 我要叫经理来 |
[2:00:59] | . . . in the fourth at Belmont. | 贝蒙特马场第四场 |
[2:01:01] | Jay Stout will ride Flying Cross. | 杰史度会骑飞渡上场 |
[2:01:05] | See that guy up there? | 看到那家伙了吗 |
[2:01:06] | He just put $500 , 000 on Lucky Dan . | 他下五十万赌幸运丹赢 |
[2:01:11] | The winner at Rockingham Park | 洛金翰马场 |
[2:01:13] | Enfin , paid $6. 1 0 | 恩分独赢 付6块1 |
[2:01:16] | $4 . 30 and $2. 50. | 4块3和2块5 |
[2:01:24] | What’s your problem? | 有什么问题吗 |
[2:01:26] | I’m putting $500 , 000 on Lucky Dan to win . | 我买五十万河滨公园马场 |
[2:01:28] | Third race at Riverside. | 第三场的幸运丹赢 |
[2:01:30] | Can’t lay that off in time . | 那么大的赌注 没有准备 |
[2:01:32] | A bet like that could break us. | 会使我们破产 |
[2:01:36] | Not only are you a cheat | 你不只是个骗子 |
[2:01:39] | you’re a gutless cheat as well . | 而且还是个没种的骗子 |
[2:01:46] | What are the odds? | 赔率多少? |
[2:01:47] | 4-1 . | 一赔四 |
[2:01:52] | Take all of it. | 全收下 |
[2:02:04] | Ladies and gentlemen , this is Arnold Rowe | 各位先生 女士 我是阿诺罗威 |
[2:02:06] | calling the third race at Riverside Park in Kansas City. | 为您主持河滨马场 第三场的比赛 |
[2:02:09] | This is a claiming race for $1 , 500 for 3-year-olds and up. | 这是场合法的比赛 只要马龄 在三岁以上即可参加 |
[2:02:12] | It”s been raining, and the track is muddy . | 因为下雨的关系 跑道泥泞湿滑 |
[2:02:14] | The flag is up and they”re off and running. | 比赛开始 骑师全力冲刺 |
[2:02:19] | Dr. Twink is going to the front | 推博士领先 |
[2:02:21] | followed by Lucky Dan , lma Dreamer, Orkin | 紧跟在后的有幸运丹 梦游者 欧金 |
[2:02:24] | Josie G . , Chi Chi and Little Star. | 杰西 奇奇和小星星 |
[2:02:27] | Around the clubhouse turn , it’s Lucky Dan ahead | 在俱乐部前 是幸运丹领先 |
[2:02:30] | Dr. Twink a length , Orkin a half | 超前推博士一个马身 欧金半个 |
[2:02:33] | followed by lma Dreamer, Josie G . , | 接着是梦游者 杰西 |
[2:02:35] | Chi Chi and Little Star. | 奇奇和小星星 |
[2:02:37] | lnto the backstretch | 在往终点的跑道上 |
[2:02:39] | it”s Lucky Dan a length , Dr. Twink a half | 幸运丹领先推博士一个马身 推博士超前欧金半个 |
[2:02:42] | Orkin a head , lma Dreamer by one. | 欧金领先梦游者一个 |
[2:02:44] | Sorry, I couldn’t wait. | 对不起 我等不及了 |
[2:02:46] | Everything going all right? | 一切都还好吧 |
[2:02:48] | You got nothing to worry about. | 你不用担心 |
[2:02:51] | I put it all on Lucky Dan . | 我全押在幸运丹身上 |
[2:02:54] | $500 , 000 to win . | 五十万 独赢 |
[2:02:58] | To win? | 独赢? |
[2:03:00] | I said place ! Place it on Lucky. . . | 我叫你买幸运丹第二名 买幸运丹 |
[2:03:04] | That horse is gonna run second ! | 那匹马会跑第二 |
[2:03:06] | lma Dreamer a half, Dr. Twink a half | 梦游着领先推博士半个马身 |
[2:03:08] | and Orkin by two , followed by Little Star. | 依序是欧金和小星星 |
[2:03:12] | It”s a driving finish! | 冲向终点了 |
[2:03:13] | There’s been a mistake. | 我搞错了 |
[2:03:14] | Give me my money back ! No, I’m sorry– | 把钱还给我 不行 对不起 |
[2:03:16] | I tell you there’s been a mistake ! | 我告诉你 我搞错了 |
[2:03:18] | Give me my goddamn money back ! | 快把钱还我 |
[2:03:20] | All right, everybody, FBI ! Don’t anybody try to leave. | 调查局 全都不许动 |
[2:03:23] | Stand on your feet, put your hands over your head | 站好 把手放在头上 |
[2:03:25] | and move nice and slow. | 慢慢转过身来 |
[2:03:26] | Snyder! | 斯耐德 |
[2:03:29] | All right. Get ’em up against the wall . | 靠墙站好 |
[2:03:31] | Make sure they’re not carrying anything . | 确定他们身上没有枪 |
[2:03:37] | Hello, Henry. It’s been a long time. | 哈罗!亨利 好久不见 |
[2:03:40] | But it’s over. | 一切都结束了 |
[2:03:43] | Okay, kid , you can go . | 小鬼 你可以走了 |
[2:03:47] | All right, I said hands up . Keep ’em up ! | 手举起来 不准放下 |
[2:03:50] | Come on . Move them back ! Put them up ! | 把手放在头上 |
[2:04:12] | Get him out. Get him out! | 把他带走 把他带走! |
[2:04:16] | Come on ! Got to get you out of here ! | 来啊 得赶紧把你弄走 |
[2:04:29] | Come on ! | 来啊 |
[2:04:30] | But my money’s in there ! | 我的钱还在那里 |
[2:04:32] | There’s a couple of dead guys, too. | 那里还有死人呢 |
[2:04:33] | You can’t get mixed up in that. | 你别去跟他们穷搅和了 |
[2:04:35] | You don’t understand . | 你不了解 |
[2:04:36] | There’s $500 , 000 in there ! | 我的五十万还在里面 |
[2:04:48] | He’s gone. | 他走了 |
[2:04:56] | Okay, Henry, all clear. | 好啦!亨利 安全了 |
[2:05:17] | Can you believe it? We pulled it off. | 真不敢相信 我们成功了 |
[2:05:20] | It’s a nice con , Hickey. | 席克 演的真不错 |
[2:05:21] | I thought you were the feds myself when you came in . | 连我都被你给唬住了 |
[2:05:24] | No trouble, Henry. | 没问题 亨利 |
[2:05:26] | Snyder went for it all the way. | 斯奈德也被我们骗的团团转 |
[2:05:27] | You should’ve seen the rag he lit under Lonnegan ! | 你该看看隆根气炸了的样子 |
[2:05:36] | Well , kid , you beat him . | 小鬼 你终于报仇了 |
[2:05:40] | You’re right, Henry. It’s not enough . | 亨利 你说的没错 报仇的确无法挽回任何事情 |
[2:05:45] | But it’s close. | 但实在是过瘾 |
[2:05:50] | Okay, guys , let’s take this place apart fast. | 好啦!大伙儿 快把这里收拾干净 |
[2:05:53] | You can pick up your splits from Eddie at Boudreau’s tonight. | 今晚到保卓酒店 找艾迪来分钱 |
[2:06:02] | Nice going , J .J . | JJ 干的好 |
[2:06:06] | Oh , Henry! | 哦 亨利 |
[2:06:25] | You’re not gonna stick around for your share? | 你不留下来拿你那份吗 |
[2:06:29] | Nah . I’d only blow it. | 算了! 反正又会被我输光! |