英文名称:The Secret Garden
年代:2020
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:47] | Ayah, we’re leaving now. Ayah! | 阿嬷 我们要走了 阿嬷 |
[01:51] | – Bring the car round! Please! – Yes, sir. | -把车开过来 拜托了 -是 长官 |
[01:58] | Jemima? | 杰迈玛 |
[02:02] | Can you sleep? | 你睡得着吗 |
[02:08] | Are you scared? | 你害怕吗 |
[02:12] | Don’t be. | 别害怕 |
[02:16] | Shall I tell you a story? | 我给你讲个故事吧 |
[02:21] | There were once two people called Rama… | 从前 有两个人 拉玛 |
[02:26] | and Sita. | 和西塔 |
[02:30] | And they loved each other. | 他们彼此相爱 |
[02:35] | They spent their days dancing and singing together. | 他们每天都一起唱歌跳舞 |
[02:41] | And then Sita was kidnapped by the evil demon Ravana. | 有一天 西塔被邪恶的恶魔拉瓦纳掳走了 |
[03:13] | Ayah? | 阿嬷 |
[03:17] | Ayah? Ayah! | 阿嬷 阿嬷 |
[03:40] | Father? | 父亲 |
[03:43] | Daddy? | 爸爸 |
[03:51] | Time for our nap, Jemima. | 我们该睡会儿了 杰迈玛 |
[04:13] | There were once two people called Mary and Jemima. | 从前 有两个人 玛丽和杰迈玛 |
[04:20] | They spent their days telling stories to each other. | 他们每天都给对方讲故事听 |
[04:25] | And then one day, | 有一天 |
[04:28] | their mother and father were kidnapped | 他们的父母 |
[04:31] | by the evil demon Ravana… | 被邪恶的恶魔拉瓦纳掳走了 |
[04:38] | leaving them all alone. | 留下他们两个孤苦伶仃 |
[05:32] | As I understand it, her mother was | 据我所知 她母亲 |
[05:33] | struck down with cholera very suddenly. | 突然染上霍乱 |
[05:36] | Her father rushed her mother to hospital. | 她父亲连夜送她母亲去医院 |
[05:38] | She died that night, her father the following morning. | 她当晚就病逝了 第二天早上 她父亲也走了 |
[05:42] | She can’t stay here. | 她不能待在这 |
[05:45] | Well, she has an uncle in England. | 她有个姨夫在英国 |
[05:48] | We’ll send her back with the other children. | 我们会把她和其他孩子一起送回英国 |
[06:39] | It’s disgusting. | 真恶心 |
[06:42] | Then you’re gonna be very hungry. | 那你要饿肚子的 |
[06:44] | I never said you could do that. | 我没说给你 |
[06:46] | You didn’t say I couldn’t. If you weren’t eating it, I will. | 你也没说不给 你不吃我吃 |
[06:50] | You don’t understand. I need better food than this. | 你没听明白 我需要更像样的饭菜 |
[06:54] | My parents are dead. | 我父母双亡 |
[06:56] | We’ve all lost, girl. | 谁不是呢 |
[07:00] | Would you like to hear a story? | 你想听我讲个故事吗 |
[07:02] | No. I’m not a kid. | 不想 我又不是小孩 |
[07:08] | There once was a lord of the seas. | 从前 有一位海洋之王 |
[07:10] | His name was Varuna, and… | 他叫伐楼拿 |
[07:16] | he… | 他… |
[07:21] | I’m not a kid. | 我不是小孩 |
[08:06] | You are a plain little piece of goods, aren’t you? | 你真是个平平无奇的小丫头 不是吗 |
[08:13] | Don’t expect luxury. | 别奢望过上好日子 |
[08:16] | Misselthwaite is not the place it was. | 米瑟斯韦特已经今非昔比了 |
[08:19] | Those army savages used it as a hospital in the war, | 打仗的时候陆军那帮野蛮人用那里做医院 |
[08:22] | left it a wreck. | 如今一片狼藉 |
[08:28] | Don’t you care? | 你不在乎吗 |
[08:30] | Does it matter if I care or not? | 我在乎又能怎么样 |
[08:35] | You are an odd duck, aren’t you? | 你真是个怪胎 不是吗 |
[08:48] | Is that the sea? | 那是大海吗 |
[08:49] | No, it’s the moors. | 不 那是荒野 |
[08:51] | Nothing lives on but wild ponies and sheep. | 只有野马和野羊能在那生存 |
[09:04] | And there you have it. That’s home. | 到了 那就是你家 |
[09:09] | That’s Misselthwaite. | 那就是米瑟斯韦特 |
[09:13] | And don’t expect him to come running, your uncle. | 你姨夫不会出来迎接你的 |
[09:16] | He’s had better days. | 他现在不是很好 |
[09:18] | And you’re not to stare when you see what afflicts him. | 等你看到他的毛病 别盯着看 |
[09:42] | First things first, we are fully electric. | 首先 这里全都通了电 |
[09:47] | That doesn’t mean the electric always works. | 但这不意味着电器都是好的 |
[09:49] | So, if you’re needing the lavatory in the night, you take a lamp. | 所以 要是你夜里要如厕 就拿上一盏油灯 |
[09:54] | Secondly, Mr. Craven is a widower and on his own. | 其次 克雷文先生是个鳏夫 他一个人住 |
[09:58] | He’s promised he’ll have someone to tend to you soon enough. | 他承诺很快就会请个人来照顾你 |
[10:02] | But until then, don’t be expecting there’ll be people to talk to, | 但在那之前 别指望有人能跟你说上话 |
[10:06] | ’cause there won’t. | 因为这没别人了 |
[10:08] | I need no entertaining. I’m not a child. | 我不需要别人陪我玩 我不是小孩 |
[10:16] | You’ll be told what rooms you can go into, | 之后你会知道哪些房间可以进 |
[10:19] | and what rooms you’re to keep out of. | 哪些房间是不能进的 |
[10:22] | But until then, you stick to your rooms and your rooms only. | 但在那之前 你只能进出自己的房间 |
[10:27] | No exploring, no poking about. | 不要好奇打探 四处乱逛 |
[10:34] | I assure you, Mrs. Medlock, | 我向你保证 梅洛夫人 |
[10:36] | I’ve no interest in “poking about.” | 我对”到处乱逛”完全没有兴趣 |
[11:23] | Mother? | 母亲 |
[11:26] | I’m climbing. Mother, look. Please! | 我要爬上去了 母亲看我 快看 |
[11:43] | Hello? | 是谁 |
[11:57] | Is anybody there? | 有人吗 |
[12:41] | Hello? | 是谁 |
[12:45] | Is someone there? | 有人吗 |
[13:06] | No, sir. Please, leave those. | 不 先生 求你了 放着吧 |
[13:09] | The army will come and collect them. | 陆军会来收走它们的 |
[13:13] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[13:15] | Come inside. | 进屋去 |
[13:27] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[13:28] | What’s that for a greeting? | 你就是这么打招呼的吗 |
[13:30] | You’ll call me Martha. And you’re Mary, I hear. | 叫我玛莎就好 你就是玛丽吧 |
[13:40] | Quite chilly today, but spring is on its way. | 今天挺冷的 但春天就快来了 |
[13:44] | That’s what my brother Dickon says. He’s always out on the moor. | 我弟弟迪肯就是这么说的 他总是在荒野上 |
[13:47] | I was cold in the night and no one heard my call. | 我夜里觉得冷 叫人来但没人理我 |
[13:50] | I’m guessing we were sleeping too. | 那时我们应该也睡下了 |
[13:53] | And I heard noises. | 我听到有动静 |
[13:55] | Wailing. Screaming. | 哭声 尖叫声 |
[13:59] | No, you heard the wind, that’s all. | 你听到的是风声 仅此而已 |
[14:02] | My Ayah would come if I needed her. | 我一叫我的阿嬷 她马上就会过来 |
[14:04] | Whoever Ayah is, she’s sure as not here, is she? | 不管你阿嬷是谁 反正她不在这 对吗 |
[14:08] | But aren’t you going to be my servant? | 你不是我的仆人吗 |
[14:15] | I’m just to check the fire’s lit, | 我只负责给壁炉生火 |
[14:17] | the room’s shipshape and you’ve had food in you. | 整理下房间 给你送食物 |
[14:21] | Come on, get up and ready. Your porridge is getting cold. | 快起来梳洗 你的粥要凉了 |
[14:28] | I don’t eat porridge. | 我不吃粥 |
[14:30] | For my breakfast, I like bacon and eggs. | 早餐我想吃培根和鸡蛋 |
[14:32] | I like ’em too. But you’ve got porridge. Now, eat. | 我也想吃培根和鸡蛋 但这只有粥 快吃吧 |
[14:37] | But you need to dress me. | 可你得帮我更衣 |
[14:42] | Dress you? Do you not know how? | 帮你更衣 你不会更衣吗 |
[14:47] | Me mother always says she can’t see | 我母亲总是说她不明白 |
[14:49] | why grand people’s children didn’t turn out to be fools, | 为什么有钱人的孩子没有变成傻瓜 |
[14:52] | what with being washed and dressed and took out to walk | 像小狗一样要人帮忙梳洗更衣 |
[14:54] | as if they were puppies. | 带出去散步 |
[14:59] | And there I was, excited to have a young ‘un in the house. | 我之前还很开心家里要来个小孩呢 |
[15:15] | It doesn’t matter! This is of no importance. | 不重要 这无关紧要 |
[15:17] | We can’t just leave them all piled up like this. | 这些东西不能堆在这里不管 |
[15:20] | Well, get rid of them! Throw them away. Burn them. I don’t care! | 那就扔掉 全都扔掉 烧掉 我不在乎 |
[15:24] | The house will be better without them! | 家里没有这些东西更好 |
[15:29] | What about this one? | 那这个呢 |
[15:30] | Please, I don’t need to be reminded of her. | 拜托 我不需要想起她 |
[15:35] | She’s gone. | 她不在了 |
[16:13] | 1 2 One, two… | |
[16:19] | 31 Thirty-one… | |
[16:21] | 57 58 Fifty-seven, fifty-eight… | |
[16:29] | 76 77 78 Seventy-six, seventy-seven, seventy-eight… | |
[16:35] | Hello? | 是谁 |
[16:43] | Are you Martha’s brother? | 你是玛莎的弟弟吗 |
[16:49] | Come back! | 回来 |
[17:36] | No! | 别 |
[17:52] | There you are. Now you’re fed. You can go now. | 好了 现在你吃饱了 可以走了 |
[18:00] | Don’t you dare. It’s far too close! | 你敢过来试试 靠太近了 |
[18:05] | I want you to go! | 给我走开 |
[18:24] | Of all the silly things. | 不可思议 |
[18:27] | Are you following me? | 你是在跟踪我吗 |
[18:32] | Mary! Mary? | 玛丽 玛丽 |
[18:36] | Do you have a problem with wild dogs on this manor? | 这宅子有野狗泛滥的问题吗 |
[18:39] | It is not a manor, it is an estate. | 这不是宅子 是庄园 |
[18:42] | Of course we don’t have a problem with wild dogs. | 我们当然没有野狗泛滥的问题 |
[18:45] | You’re not in the colonies now. | 你已经不在殖民地了 |
[18:50] | And in future, your bath will be ready at 5:25, | 今后 每天下午5:25给你放好洗澡水 |
[18:56] | and you’ll be expected to be in your room by then. | 到时候你应该在自己的房间里 |
[19:39] | Ayah, please keep her quiet! | 阿嬷 拜托让她安静 |
[20:07] | Were you here when the soldiers were? | 士兵们在这里住院时 你在吗 |
[20:10] | Did you work in the hospital? | 你在医院工作吗 |
[20:19] | Soldiers died here, didn’t they? | 有士兵死在这里 是不是 |
[20:33] | Please don’t. | 别碰好吗 |
[20:36] | You spoil the carpet and your dress | 你会把地毯和裙子弄脏 |
[20:37] | and it’ll be me has to clean both. | 然后都得由我来清理 |
[20:42] | The noises that I hear in the night, | 夜里我听到的动静 |
[20:45] | do dead soldiers haunt this house? | 这栋房子里有士兵的鬼魂吗 |
[20:48] | If you hear noise, then turn over and sleep more. | 如果你听到动静 翻身继续睡就行 |
[20:52] | I didn’t ask to be here! | 又不是我想来这里 |
[20:56] | And Mr. Craven didn’t ask to take you in, | 克雷文先生也没想收留你 |
[20:59] | but he did all the same. | 但他还是这么做了 |
[21:24] | Mrs. Pitcher? | 皮彻夫人 |
[21:26] | You gave me a sandwich yesterday, for my luncheon. | 昨天你给了我一个三明治当午餐 |
[21:29] | I need the same meat in my sandwich today. | 今天我想吃一样的夹肉三明治 |
[21:35] | Please? | 谢谢 |
[22:06] | There you are. | 你来了 |
[22:14] | Hello. | 你好 |
[22:16] | What’s your name, then? | 你叫什么名字 |
[22:21] | Are you a girl dog or a boy dog? | 你是女孩子还是男孩子 |
[22:27] | I think that you’re a girl dog | 我想你是女孩子 |
[22:29] | and I’m going to call you Jemima. | 我要叫你杰米玛 |
[22:32] | Come on, Jemima! | 来 杰米玛 |
[23:08] | Wait for me! | 等等我 |
[23:14] | Where are you taking me? Jemima! | 你要带我去哪 杰米玛 |
[23:34] | So this is where you live. | 原来你住在这里 |
[23:36] | Mary! | 玛丽 |
[23:39] | – I’ll see you tomorrow. – Mary! | -明天见 -玛丽 |
[24:53] | I saw you. | 我看到你了 |
[24:59] | I can’t say I saw enough to identify you, | 我看不太清 认不出你是谁 |
[25:02] | but I’m sure if I were to say the little servant girl, | 但如果我说是小女仆 |
[25:05] | you’d be in firm trouble, wouldn’t you? | 你肯定会有大麻烦吧 |
[25:09] | I’m no servant. | 我不是女仆 |
[25:12] | My name is Mary Lennox. | 我叫玛丽·雷诺士 |
[25:14] | My mother was sister to the mistress of this house | 我母亲是这栋房子的女主人的姐姐 |
[25:16] | and my uncle owns it still, | 我姨夫仍是这里的男主人 |
[25:18] | and you’ll do well to give me the respect I’m due. | 你最好给我应有的尊重 |
[25:20] | I’ll give you none. I’m Colin Craven | 我才不会 我叫科林·克雷文 |
[25:23] | and the uncle you speak of is my father. | 你所说的姨夫是我的父亲 |
[25:25] | If I were to live, this place should belong to me. | 如果我能活下去 将会继承这栋房子 |
[25:29] | We’re cousins. | 我们是表亲 |
[25:32] | But I’ve never heard of you. | 但我从没听说过你 |
[25:34] | Nor I of you. | 我也没听说过你 |
[25:39] | You’re very thin. | 你很消瘦 |
[25:41] | You’re very white. | 你很苍白 |
[25:43] | You smile with no teeth. | 你笑不露齿 |
[25:45] | Well, you don’t smile at all. | 你根本不笑 |
[25:46] | Why are you here? | 你为什么来这 |
[25:47] | Why shouldn’t I be? | 我什么不能来 |
[25:50] | I don’t want a friend. | 我不想要朋友 |
[25:51] | I’ve plenty already. | 我朋友够多了 |
[25:57] | So you’re the one that cries at night. | 所以夜里哭的那个人就是你 |
[26:00] | I thought this cursed house was magic… | 我还以为这栋被诅咒的房子有魔力 |
[26:01] | You think the house cursed? | 你认为这栋房子被诅咒了 |
[26:04] | By all the soldiers that died here. | 死在这里的士兵的诅咒 |
[26:07] | No. The curse came before the war. | 不 诅咒在战争前就有了 |
[26:12] | The reason they say this house is cursed | 人们之所以说这栋房子被诅咒了 |
[26:15] | is because it killed my mother and tried to kill me. | 是因为它害死了我母亲 还想害死我 |
[26:22] | My mother’s dead too. And I killed her. | 我母亲也死了 是我害死了她 |
[26:27] | Did you really? | 真的吗 |
[26:31] | Well, then we both know tragedy… don’t we? | 那我们都明白悲剧的滋味 不是吗 |
[26:45] | Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[27:13] | Wake up, girl. | 醒醒 孩子 |
[27:15] | The master wants to see you. | 主人要见你 |
[27:21] | Come on, girl, you can help more than you are. | 拜托 孩子 你可以配合一点 |
[27:23] | My mother would say you do as little as fast as you can. | 我母亲会说你一点都不想多做 |
[27:27] | I have decided that I like your mother. | 我决定我喜欢你母亲 |
[27:31] | You’ve never met her. Eat. | 你都没见过她 快吃 |
[27:35] | I like your brother Dickon too, and I have met him. | 我也喜欢你弟弟迪肯 我见过他了 |
[27:38] | Well, I would have, but he backed away. | 如果他没跑开 我就见到了 |
[27:40] | I’ve seen him, at least. | 至少我看到他了 |
[27:42] | Dickon has problems enough of his own without you to bother him. | 就算你不去烦迪肯 他自己也麻烦缠身了 |
[27:47] | Don’t worry, he won’t like me. No one does. | 别担心 他不会喜欢我的 没人喜欢我 |
[27:51] | And how do you like yourself? | 那你喜欢你自己吗 |
[27:54] | Mother said that to me once. | 母亲和我说过这句话 |
[27:56] | Put her in a bad temper and she turns on me and she says, | 我让她大发脾气 然后她转身对我说 |
[28:00] | “There tha’ stands saying tha’ doesn’t like this one an’ tha’. | “你整天就会说不喜欢这个 不喜欢那个” |
[28:03] | How does tha’ like thysel’?” | 那你喜欢你自己吗” |
[28:04] | Not that I want to interrupt this reminisce, | 不是我想打扰你们回忆往事 |
[28:07] | but there are those who are waiting on us. | 不过还有人等着我们呢 |
[28:09] | – Mrs. Medlock, I’m sorry… – It’s not her fault. | -梅洛夫人 对不起 -不是她的错 |
[28:13] | I was tardy. She was scolding me for it. | 我又磨蹭了 她在训我 |
[28:18] | Well, it doesn’t matter whose fault it is. | 是谁的错不重要 |
[28:21] | What matters is you’re late. Now, come on with you. | 重要的是你已经迟到了 快点走吧 |
[28:28] | Now, when he speaks to you, you answer back with a “sir.” | 他和你说话 你回答时一定要说”先生” |
[28:32] | – Do you understand? – Yes, Mrs. Medlock. | -明白了吗 -明白了 梅洛夫人 |
[28:36] | And if he wants to look at you, | 要是他想看看你 |
[28:38] | you let him look, but don’t stare back. | 你就让他看 但你别盯着他看 |
[28:42] | And say nothing fanciful. He’s enough concerns. | 也别说天马行空的话 他的烦心事够多了 |
[28:49] | Come here, girl. | 过来 孩子 |
[29:00] | Into the light, where I can see you. | 走到光下 让我看看你 |
[29:06] | Mrs. Medlock says you’re cluttering up the place. | 梅洛夫人说你把这里搞得一团糟 |
[29:10] | She’d have me send you away to school. | 她想让我送你去上学 |
[29:13] | I don’t want that, sir. I like it here. | 我不想去上学 先生 我喜欢这里 |
[29:17] | Then we will find you a governess. | 那我们得给你找个家庭教师 |
[29:20] | No. I’ve no need of a governess. | 不 我不需要家庭教师 |
[29:26] | I’ve too much to learn here at Misselthwaite, sir. | 我在米瑟斯韦特能学的东西太多了 先生 |
[29:33] | This place has nothing to teach you. | 这地方没什么东西值得一学 |
[29:42] | I want to play out of doors. | 我想出门去玩 |
[29:45] | It was too hot to do so in India. | 印度天气太热 不能出门 |
[29:47] | I’m obliged by law to have you taught. | 法律规定 我有义务让你接受教育 |
[29:49] | Then we’ll need to break the law, won’t we? | 那我们就得违法了 不是吗 |
[30:01] | Mrs. Medlock says she sees your mother in you. | 梅洛夫人说在你身上看到了你母亲的影子 |
[30:05] | I’m not so sure. | 我可说不好 |
[30:07] | Did she like my mother? Doesn’t seem to like me. | 她喜欢我母亲吗 她好像不怎么喜欢我 |
[30:15] | It’s not your mother I see. | 我在你身上看到的不是你母亲 |
[30:17] | You see her twin. Your wife. | 你看到的是她的孪生妹妹 你的妻子 |
[30:21] | My mother said the same once. | 我母亲也这么说过 |
[30:32] | If you do cause me trouble, | 要是你给我惹麻烦 |
[30:33] | I will have you sent away to school in an instant. | 我就立刻送你去学校 |
[30:36] | Do you understand? | 明白吗 |
[30:39] | All women are destined | 所有女人都注定 |
[30:40] | to leave Misselthwaite, one way or another. | 要离开米瑟斯韦特 不论以何种方式 |
[30:44] | Go on, off you go. | 好了 你可以走了 |
[30:49] | I’m not to be sent to school and I’m not to have a governess. | 我不会被送去学校 也不会有家庭教师 |
[30:52] | – Are you not? – Mr. Craven’s orders. | -是吗 -这是克雷文先生的意思 |
[30:56] | He doesn’t want me to leave | 他不想让我 |
[30:57] | this cursed house like all the other womenfolk. | 像其他女人一样 离开这栋被诅咒的房子 |
[31:01] | Please be sure to have Mrs. Pitcher | 请务必让皮彻夫人 |
[31:02] | supply me with her special sandwiches. | 为我准备一份她的招牌三明治 |
[31:04] | Extra meat. It is a requirement. | 多放肉 这是要求 |
[31:08] | I need to grow. | 我得长身体 |
[31:16] | Hello. | 你好 |
[31:21] | Jemima! | 杰米玛 |
[31:24] | Jemima! | 杰米玛 |
[31:32] | Jemima. | 杰米玛 |
[31:40] | No. | 不 |
[31:44] | Please don’t. | 不要啊 |
[32:08] | No! | 别走 |
[34:07] | Jemima? | 杰米玛 |
[34:57] | Jemima? | 杰米玛 |
[35:07] | Jemima! | 杰米玛 |
[35:21] | Hello. | 你好 |
[35:24] | This is a mysterious place. | 这地方真不可思议 |
[35:27] | Come back and we’ll get that wound better for you. | 快回来 我们把伤口处理一下 |
[35:31] | The trap wasn’t my fault. | 碰到陷阱又不是我的错 |
[35:37] | Very well. | 随你吧 |
[36:12] | Can I see your paw, Jemima? | 我能看看你的爪子吗 杰米玛 |
[36:16] | I promise I won’t hurt you. | 我保证不伤害你 |
[36:22] | You don’t want help? That’s fine. | 你不想要我帮你吗 那好吧 |
[36:25] | We’ll deal with that later. | 我们一会再说 |
[36:28] | We’ll have an explore first. | 先来探险吧 |
[36:43] | Keep up, Jemima. | 跟上我 杰米玛 |
[36:55] | There were once two friends called Mary and Jemima, | 从前 有一对好朋友 玛丽和杰米玛 |
[36:58] | and they discovered a mysterious garden. | 他们发现了一座神秘花园 |
[37:41] | Hello to you too. | 你好呀 |
[37:44] | No, don’t hurt him. | 不 别伤害它 |
[37:46] | It’s just a friendly robin. | 只是一只友好的知更鸟 |
[38:03] | What is it? | 里面有什么 |
[38:19] | That’s as good an idea as you’ve had. | 这是你迄今为止最棒的主意了 |
[38:39] | Mary! | 玛丽 |
[38:42] | I’ll be back tomorrow to see to that leg. | 我明天再回来照料你的腿 |
[39:17] | Mary! | 玛丽 |
[39:21] | Mary! | 玛丽 |
[39:29] | But… | 可是 |
[39:32] | you’ve dirt all over you, | 你怎么浑身上下都是泥 |
[39:35] | and your hair’s matted and wet. | 头发也又湿又乱 |
[39:39] | Mr. Craven said to play. I’m playing. | 克雷文先生让我多玩 我在玩啊 |
[40:02] | – Colin… – No! | -科林 -不要 |
[40:05] | – Lie still. – No, please. | -躺着别动 -不要 求你了 |
[40:07] | I don’t like it. It tastes horrid, please! | 我不想吃 太难吃了 求你了 |
[40:09] | I know you don’t like it, but it’s going to make you well. | 我知道你不喜欢 但药能让你好起来 |
[40:13] | – Please. Please! – You know very well, | -求你了 不要 -你自己心里清楚 |
[40:16] | it’s either the medicine or the brace. | 要么吃药 要么用支架 |
[40:21] | Come on. It’ll soon be over. Just… | 乖 马上就好了 你就… |
[40:25] | Please! I don’t like it. | 求你了 我不想吃药 |
[40:27] | It tastes horrid. I don’t like it. | 太难吃了 我不想吃 |
[40:29] | I’ll come back later when you’ve calmed down. | 等你冷静点我再过来 |
[41:00] | Sometimes I need to be restrained, or medicated. | 有时我需要被约束 或者吃药 |
[41:06] | My father says it’s for my own benefit. | 父亲说这是为了我好 |
[41:08] | Although I rarely see him. He’s always too busy. | 不过我几乎见不到他 他总是很忙 |
[41:15] | I thought you wouldn’t visit again. | 我以为你不会再来了呢 |
[41:17] | That’s your chair? | 那是你的轮椅吗 |
[41:18] | It’s none of your business! Don’t touch it! | 跟你没关系 不要碰它 |
[41:20] | It’s good. Moves well. Do you use it much? | 真不错 很顺畅 你常用吗 |
[41:25] | I’m afraid I can’t. You’ve seen my father’s hunchback. | 不常用 你也看到我父亲的驼背了 |
[41:29] | Well, mine is worse. I’ve never been able to walk. | 我比他还要严重 我一直都没法走路 |
[41:32] | Shall we use the chair to explore? I can push… | 要不坐轮椅去探险吧 我可以推你 |
[41:33] | Your cousin is dying. | 你的表弟就要死了 |
[41:39] | You don’t look like someone who’s dying. | 你看起来不像是快死的样子 |
[41:41] | And how many dying people have you seen? | 你又见过多少将死之人呢 |
[41:45] | We could go outside and, who knows, | 我们可以出去 谁知道呢 |
[41:47] | you might feel better. | 说不定你会感觉好点 |
[41:48] | Once they tried to take me outside, | 他们曾带我出去过一次 |
[41:50] | and the stench of the roses almost killed me. | 玫瑰腐败的气味差点要了我的命 |
[41:53] | You’re afraid of flowers? That isn’t very sensible. | 你居然害怕花 这有点离谱啊 |
[42:08] | What if I were to tell you that I know of a magical place? | 要是我告诉你 我知道一个神奇的地方呢 |
[42:12] | Where the birds sing for you | 那里的鸟会为你歌唱 |
[42:13] | and a friendly dog plays with you? | 还有一条友好的狗会陪你玩 |
[42:15] | I’d say that you were lying. | 那我会说你在撒谎 |
[42:17] | And I’m not interested, | 就算你说的是真的 |
[42:19] | even if you are telling the truth. | 我也不感兴趣 |
[42:20] | – But… – I’m tired now. You can go. | -但是 -我累了 你可以走了 |
[42:23] | What? | 什么 |
[42:24] | I’m tired. | 我累了 |
[42:26] | – You’re not listening to me. – Please leave. | -你没听明白 -请你离开 |
[42:28] | I’m not your play toy to be put down when you choose! | 我不是你想丢下就丢下的玩具 |
[42:30] | You came to me. I never invited you in. | 是你自己来找我的 我又没邀请你 |
[42:33] | I told you secrets about my magic place. | 我把我的秘密地点告诉你了 |
[42:35] | Secrets I didn’t care to know of. | 我不想知道的秘密 |
[42:37] | Now get off my bed and leave me alone. | 赶紧从我床上起来 别再烦我了 |
[42:55] | Is that your mother? | 那是你母亲吗 |
[42:56] | You were leaving. | 你该走了 |
[43:00] | They say I look like her. | 他们说我长得像她 |
[43:02] | I hate her for doing it. Dying. | 我恨她抛下我死去 |
[43:06] | Hate her? | 恨她 |
[43:08] | My mother loved me hugely. Everyone said so. | 我母亲非常爱我 所有人都这么说 |
[43:15] | And then she died, leaving me all alone. | 然后她死了 留下我孤苦伶仃 |
[43:20] | It’s unforgivable. | 这不可饶恕 |
[43:24] | Well, my mother never loved me. | 我母亲从没爱过我 |
[43:27] | Will you read to me? As I try to fall asleep? | 你能读书给我听吗 帮我入睡 |
[43:32] | I struggle to sleep. | 我总是睡不着 |
[43:35] | I know… | 我知道 |
[43:37] | I’ll tell you a story about gods | 我给你讲一个关于诸神 |
[43:39] | and a quarrel over who first made fire. | 以及谁先点燃火焰的争论的故事 |
[43:40] | That sounds terrible. | 听起来真可怕 |
[43:44] | Read me this. | 给我读这个 |
[43:46] | What are you laughing about? | 你笑什么 |
[43:48] | You might be the rudest boy I’ve ever met. | 你可能是我见过最粗鲁的男孩 |
[46:48] | Perfectly all right. | 完全没问题 |
[46:49] | But you’ve not eaten anything. | 但你什么都没吃 |
[46:50] | Please don’t fuss! | 请别大惊小怪 |
[46:55] | Martha, can you tell me about my Aunt Grace? | 玛莎 你能给我讲讲格蕾丝姨妈的事吗 |
[46:59] | Your mother didn’t talk of her sister at all? | 你母亲从来不提她妹妹吗 |
[47:03] | She never talked of England. | 她从不提英国的事 |
[47:07] | Thick as thieves, they were. | 她们当年亲密无间 |
[47:10] | The crying I heard when it was announced | 当你父亲被派去印度去时 |
[47:12] | your father was to be posted to India. | 我听到她们哭得可厉害了 |
[47:17] | I served at the last ball they had here. | 她们的最后一场舞会我随侍在旁 |
[47:24] | To see them dance… | 她们翩翩起舞时 |
[47:27] | This house was filled with light, | 这栋房子里流光溢彩 |
[47:29] | laughter, happiness. | 欢笑满屋 |
[47:37] | Your poor mother. | 你可怜的母亲 |
[47:39] | I don’t know how she coped to lose her. | 我不知道她怎么能承受失去妹妹的痛苦 |
[47:45] | I don’t think she ever recovered. | 我想她一直没有走出来 |
[47:49] | Mummy, I have a new story for you. | 妈妈 我有个新故事要讲给你听 |
[47:52] | No, darling, I just need to be alone. | 不 亲爱的 我想一个人待着 |
[47:58] | – Mommy! – Please go away! | -妈妈 -请走开 |
[48:00] | – Come on, Miss. – Mother! | -来吧 小姐 -母亲 |
[48:01] | Mary! Mary, please, darling, leave your mother in peace. | 玛丽 玛丽 亲爱的 别打扰你母亲 |
[48:04] | Why won’t she see me? What’s wrong with me? | 她为什么不见我 我做错了什么 |
[48:07] | She’s just sick, that’s all. | 她只是病了 仅此而已 |
[48:10] | Then why doesn’t she get on and die, leave us all alone? | 那她怎么不赶紧死掉 彻底丢下我们 |
[48:25] | You needn’t trouble with dressing me this morning. | 今早你不用费心帮我更衣了 |
[48:28] | I can manage. | 我自己能行 |
[48:33] | Jemima? | 杰米玛 |
[48:38] | Jemima! | 杰米玛 |
[48:44] | Dickon? | 迪肯 |
[48:47] | Stop! | 别跑 |
[48:51] | I know it’s you, Dickon. | 我知道是你 迪肯 |
[48:56] | And unless you want me to | 除非你想让我 |
[48:57] | instruct your sister to box your ears… | 命令你姐姐打你耳光 |
[48:59] | My sister loves me much more than you. | 我姐姐爱我胜过爱你 |
[49:02] | She won’t love you so much | 要是她知道 |
[49:03] | when she knows you’re poaching on the moor. | 你在荒野上偷猎 就不会喜欢你了 |
[49:05] | Poaching? | 偷猎 |
[49:08] | I were not. | 我没有 |
[49:14] | You ran from me. That says guilt. | 你看见我就跑 说明你心虚 |
[49:17] | Guilt for what you did to my Jemima. | 因为你伤害了我的杰米玛 |
[49:20] | I’m not sure your dog would like the name Jemima, | 我不确定你的狗会喜欢杰米玛这个名字 |
[49:23] | being as he’s a boy. | 毕竟它是男孩子 |
[49:25] | A boy? It doesn’t matter. | 男孩子 这无所谓 |
[49:27] | His paw was trapped in a horror trap. | 它的爪子被陷阱夹住了 |
[49:29] | Tell me where I’d find him. | 告诉我它在哪里 |
[49:32] | Why should I trust you? | 我为什么要相信你 |
[49:34] | I know how to make him better. | 我知道怎么让它好起来 |
[49:36] | Trust that. | 相信这点 |
[49:39] | I need you to keep a secret. | 我需要你保守秘密 |
[49:43] | On my honor I’ll keep it. | 我以我的荣誉发誓保密 |
[49:49] | Why have you just spat on yourself? | 你为什么朝自己手上吐口水 |
[49:52] | You spit too. Then we shake. Then we’re bonded. | 你也要吐 然后我们握手 就达成协议了 |
[49:57] | If you’re too much of a lady, then there’s no… | 要是你太淑女了 那就算了 |
[50:00] | I’m no lady, sir. | 我不是淑女 先生 |
[50:15] | And it’s my secret, so you’re to keep it. | 这是我的秘密 你必须保密 |
[50:18] | You’re just here to help with the dog. | 你只是来帮忙照顾狗的 |
[50:33] | This way! | 这边 |
[50:42] | Can you do this? | 你能这样吗 |
[51:02] | Look at this. | 瞧着 |
[51:15] | Hello, fella. | 你好 伙计 |
[51:18] | How’d you get here? | 你怎么来的 |
[51:20] | Master not come back from the war? | 主人没从战场上回来吗 |
[51:22] | Do you think he lost his home? | 你觉得它无家可归了吗 |
[51:28] | I’ll do you no harm. | 我不会伤害你的 |
[51:41] | What are you doing? You tricked me. | 你在做什么 你骗了我 |
[51:43] | – Hold the head. – This was all a trick! | -按住它的头 -这就是个骗局 |
[51:44] | If we don’t see to this now, he’ll lose his leg, | 如果我们不赶快处理 它的腿就没救了 |
[51:47] | and chances are, his life. | 还可能有生命危险 |
[51:52] | Careful, now. | 小心点 |
[51:56] | He trusts you. | 它信任你 |
[51:59] | Nothing’s broken, but it looks like it’s going rotten. | 骨头没断 但是伤口好像要腐烂了 |
[52:02] | Is there running water here? | 这里有活水吗 |
[52:29] | That’s really good, that. | 这个很不错 |
[52:43] | Feel better, does it, sir? | 是不是好些了 先生 |
[52:49] | Up. | 起来 |
[53:02] | Dickon, you haven’t fixed anything. | 迪肯 你一点忙都没帮上 |
[53:05] | – You’ve made it worse. – Just give it time. | -反而更严重了 -稍等一下 |
[53:07] | Both of you. | 你们俩都是 |
[53:09] | We’ve done all we can. | 我们已经尽力了 |
[53:14] | We’re hoping the garden will magic him well? | 我们寄希望于花园的魔力能治好它 |
[53:17] | Come morning, we’ll have an answer. | 明早我们就知道了 |
[53:30] | – It has a lake? – You wouldn’t call it a lake, | -里面有湖 -也不能算是湖 |
[53:33] | but a pond maybe, and a stream. | 算是池塘吧 还有小溪 |
[53:35] | Now, promise to spit? | 吐口水发誓吗 |
[53:39] | You may need to educate me on how to spit. | 你得教我怎么吐口水 |
[53:48] | Surprisingly simple. | 意外地简单 |
[53:54] | I’ve spit and I won’t tell a soul. | 我吐口水发誓不告诉任何人 |
[53:56] | Now, tell me everything about your dog. | 和我讲讲你的狗吧 |
[53:59] | Does he love the garden? Is he trained? | 它喜欢花园吗 它受过训练吗 |
[54:02] | In fact, I’ve a book on dog training. | 事实上 我有一本训练狗的书 |
[54:05] | It’s on that chair over there. Fetch it. | 在那边的椅子上 去拿吧 |
[54:14] | When was the last time you used your chair? | 你上次坐轮椅是什么时候的事 |
[54:18] | Fetch me my book… | 把书拿给我… |
[54:19] | I don’t believe your back is half as bad as you make out. | 我觉得你的驼背没你说的一半严重 |
[54:21] | And I know you didn’t kill your mother. | 我也知道不是你害死了你母亲 |
[54:23] | So who is the bigger liar? | 谁才是最大的骗子 |
[54:27] | Did you ask after me? | 你打听过我的事吗 |
[54:32] | I said I’d heard you. | 我说我听说过你 |
[54:36] | They said you’d lost both your parents tragically. | 他们说你不幸地失去了双亲 |
[54:39] | They were very clear you weren’t a murderess. | 他们很清楚凶手不是你 |
[54:56] | Do you trust me? | 你相信我吗 |
[54:58] | I’ve something to show you. | 我有东西给你看 |
[55:01] | Why would I trust you? | 我为什么要相信你 |
[55:07] | You’ll damage my back. | 你会让我的背受伤的 |
[55:08] | I wished her death, and it happened. | 我希望她死 她就死了 |
[55:10] | – I’m absolutely her murderer. – Okay, fine. I believe you. | -凶手绝对是我 -好吧 我相信你 |
[55:12] | But if you take me to that garden, you’ll murder me too. | 但如果你带我去花园 我也会被你害死 |
[55:16] | Of course I’m not taking you into the garden. | 我当然不会带你去花园了 |
[55:21] | There’s something you need to see. | 有些东西你得看看 |
[55:25] | I was three years old when your mother died, | 你母亲去世时我才三岁 |
[55:28] | and you and I are almost the same age. | 当时你和我差不多大 |
[55:39] | Was this my mother’s room? | 这是我母亲的房间吗 |
[55:41] | No. No, take me back! | 不 不 送我回去 |
[55:44] | You should see these. | 你应该看一看 |
[55:48] | No, don’t be scared. You’ll like them. | 不 别害怕 你会喜欢的 |
[55:51] | Your mother. My mother. | 你母亲 我母亲 |
[55:55] | She came. Don’t you see? | 她来过 看到了吗 |
[55:58] | – I don’t want to see. – To Misselthwaite, to visit your mother. | -我不想看 -来过米瑟斯韦特看你母亲 |
[56:02] | She wanted to see her before she died. | 她想在她去世前看望她 |
[56:06] | And look. | 看这个 |
[56:07] | No, I don’t want to look! | 不 我不想看 |
[56:10] | Can you see? | 你看到了吗 |
[56:14] | They’re inside the secret garden. | 她们在秘密花园里 |
[56:25] | Don’t be afraid. Look. | 别害怕 看啊 |
[56:33] | – And we’re there too. – No! | -我们也在那里 -不 |
[56:38] | I’ve been to Misselthwaite before. | 我以前来过米瑟斯韦特 |
[56:41] | So we did know of each other. | 所以我们确实是认识的 |
[56:43] | Isn’t that extraordinary? | 是不是很奇妙 |
[56:46] | And do you know what’s even more extraordinary? | 你知道更奇妙的是什么吗 |
[56:52] | You’re walking. | 你在走路 |
[56:53] | How dare you! | 你怎么敢这么说 |
[56:55] | This is just jealousy because my mother loved me. | 你只是因为我母亲爱我而嫉妒 |
[56:57] | Well, you don’t deserve a mother’s love! | 而你不配得到母亲的爱 |
[57:17] | Colin? Are you okay? | 科林 你还好吗 |
[57:21] | Where does it hurt? | 哪里痛 |
[57:28] | You don’t even have a hunchback. | 你根本就不驼背 |
[57:33] | Of course I do. | 我当然驼背 |
[57:36] | Your back’s just the same as mine. | 你的背和我的一样 |
[57:42] | I swear on your mother’s life, I can’t see it there at all. | 我以你母亲发誓 我完全没看到你驼背 |
[58:02] | Come on, let’s get you up. | 来吧 先扶你起来 |
[58:14] | – Careful. – You tell me to be careful? | -轻点 -你好意思让我轻点 |
[58:49] | Have you seen him? | 你看到它了吗 |
[58:52] | He’s better! | 它好多了 |
[58:53] | He still has a limp, but the leg takes his weight. | 它还是有点瘸 但腿可以着地了 |
[58:56] | The garden has cured him. | 花园治好了它 |
[58:59] | It had some help. | 我也有功劳 |
[59:00] | No, Dickon. This is a magic garden. | 不 迪肯 这是一座魔法花园 |
[59:05] | – What are you doing? – I’m a Yorkshire terrier. | -你在做什么 -我是约克夏犬 |
[59:08] | Then I’m a Yorkshire terrier too. | 那我也是约克夏犬 |
[1:00:02] | Mary! | 玛丽 |
[1:00:09] | The robin’s helped us find a gate. | 知更鸟带我们找到了大门 |
[1:00:18] | It’s locked. | 上锁了 |
[1:00:21] | Not for long. | 暂时而已 |
[1:00:56] | Who’s there? | 是谁 |
[1:00:58] | It’s the girl, isn’t it? | 是那个女孩吧 |
[1:00:59] | My name’s Mary, and you know it. | 我叫玛丽 你知道的 |
[1:01:01] | I don’t want you here! | 我不想让你进来 |
[1:01:03] | I don’t want to see you. You’re cruel! | 我不想看到你 你太残忍了 |
[1:01:05] | We’re past this, Colin. | 我们别这样 科林 |
[1:01:07] | You’ll scream. I’ll scream. No good will come of it. | 你叫的话 我也叫 对我们都不好 |
[1:01:17] | They catch you in here, they’ll have you whipped. | 他们抓到你们在这里 会抽你们鞭子的 |
[1:01:19] | It’s worth the risk. | 值得冒险 |
[1:01:22] | You risk being sent to school. We risk far more. | 你可能被送去上学 我们的风险可不止如此 |
[1:01:27] | Don’t worry yourself, Mrs. Medlock. I’ll deal with him. | 不必麻烦了 梅洛夫人 我去看看他 |
[1:01:30] | Never normally causes bother at this hour. | 通常不会在这个时候闹啊 |
[1:01:32] | I’ll take care of it, Mrs. Medlock. | 我会处理好的 梅洛夫人 |
[1:01:33] | You continue with your chores. | 你接着忙吧 |
[1:01:36] | Such a lot to do. | 有很多事要忙 |
[1:01:46] | Do that and you’ll never see me again. | 你再叫 就再也别想见到我了 |
[1:01:50] | It’s your decision. | 由你决定 |
[1:01:54] | This is Dickon. | 这位是迪肯 |
[1:01:56] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:02:00] | He’s handsome. | 他很英俊 |
[1:02:02] | And he can whistle. | 而且会吹口哨 |
[1:02:06] | When’s the next time they’ll check on him? | 他们什么时候再来看他 |
[1:02:07] | I’ll bring him his lunch, | 我会给他送午餐 |
[1:02:08] | then come back a little after 4:00 to check he’s eaten. | 然后四点过后再来看他吃没吃 |
[1:02:11] | I’m not going! | 我不去 |
[1:02:14] | You know what you risk? | 你知道你冒着什么风险吗 |
[1:02:15] | He’ll be back in his room by 4:00. | 他会在四点之前回房间的 |
[1:02:28] | I’m not going! | 我不去 |
[1:02:29] | When we tried to fix the dog, he refused us too. | 我们为狗疗伤时 它也抗拒过 |
[1:02:32] | Take his legs, Dickon. I’ll take the arms. | 抓住他的腿 迪肯 我抓住他的胳膊 |
[1:02:40] | Or… we can get you in the chair, | 或者…我们可以把你抬上轮椅 |
[1:02:43] | get you down safely. | 再安全地把你送下楼 |
[1:02:47] | I promise you we won’t kill you. | 我保证 我们不会害死你 |
[1:02:49] | You can’t promise anything of the kind! | 这种事你要怎么保证 |
[1:02:51] | You’ll die in this bed, | 你在这张床上只能等死 |
[1:02:52] | and all you’ll have seen is the wallpaper. | 死之前见过的只有墙纸 |
[1:02:55] | Is that really what you want? | 你真的想这样吗 |
[1:03:29] | Where’s Dickon? | 迪肯呢 |
[1:03:33] | You’re going too fast. | 你推得太快了 |
[1:03:38] | You’re too fast! | 太快了 |
[1:03:44] | – Stop that! – It’s the pollen, I told you. | -别咳了 -是因为花粉 我跟你说过 |
[1:03:46] | Take a breath. | 深呼吸 |
[1:03:52] | – Still alive? – Yes, but… | -还活着吗 -是的 但是… |
[1:03:53] | We’ll work out what hurts and what doesn’t. | 我们会弄清楚什么能接触 什么不能 |
[1:03:56] | But you have to try, just as I do. | 但你得先尝试一番 像我一样 |
[1:03:59] | Does that sound fair? | 听起来挺合理吧 |
[1:04:02] | Good. | 很好 |
[1:04:10] | Mary, the wall. Stop! The wall! | 玛丽 有墙 停下 有墙 |
[1:04:50] | Dickon, what are those called? | 迪肯 那些是什么 |
[1:04:55] | Hydrangea. | 绣球花 |
[1:04:56] | Hydrangea | 绣球花 |
[1:04:59] | And those? | 那些呢 |
[1:05:02] | – Hypericum. – Hypericum. | -金丝桃花 -金丝桃花 |
[1:05:05] | They sound better in your accent. | 你的口音说起来比较好听 |
[1:05:11] | Colin, there’s a good friend I’d like you to meet. | 科林 我介绍你认识我的一位好朋友 |
[1:05:17] | – Hold it out and he’ll come. – He’s here? The dog? | -拿着这个 它就会过来 -它在这吗 那条狗 |
[1:05:21] | Just hold it out. | 拿着就好 |
[1:05:23] | He wants to say hello. I can see. | 它也想见见你 我看得出来 |
[1:05:34] | – He took it from my hand. – He did. | -它在我手上吃了 -是的 |
[1:05:36] | – And now he’s licking my hand. – He does that. | -现在它在舔我的手 -它喜欢这样 |
[1:05:39] | It tickles. | 好痒 |
[1:05:42] | He’s not diseased? | 它没什么病吧 |
[1:05:45] | Not that we’ve seen. | 据我们所知没有 |
[1:05:49] | What’s his name? | 它叫什么 |
[1:05:51] | He was called Jemima. | 之前叫杰迈玛 |
[1:05:54] | Till she knew different. | 直到她发现它是男孩子 |
[1:05:56] | Now he’s… Dog. | 现在它就叫…狗 |
[1:06:00] | He needs a better name than that. | 它需要一个新名字 |
[1:06:03] | Perhaps we should… | 或许我们可以… |
[1:06:05] | What’s your father called? | 你父亲叫什么 |
[1:06:08] | Marcus. Can we not name him after him? | 马库斯 别用我父亲的名字好吗 |
[1:06:13] | We should not name him after my father either. | 也不能用我父亲的名字 |
[1:06:17] | My father was called Hector, and he was a brave man. | 我父亲叫赫克托 他生前是个勇敢的人 |
[1:06:22] | Was? | 生前 |
[1:06:27] | Settled. Hector. | 就这么定了 赫克托 |
[1:06:29] | Mary and Dickon you know already. | 你已经认识玛丽和迪肯了 |
[1:06:31] | Well, I’m Colin, and I’m your new friend. | 我是科林 你的新朋友 |
[1:07:34] | You think you just can sneak about | 你觉得自己可以随意溜出去 |
[1:07:37] | and act how you like, don’t you? | 想怎么样就怎么样 是吧 |
[1:07:40] | Little savage girl. | 小野人 |
[1:07:42] | I knew you were hiding something. | 我就知道你在隐瞒什么 |
[1:07:45] | You and your secret ways and your… deviance. | 你那些偷偷摸摸的举动以及不轨行为 |
[1:07:49] | Mrs. Medlock, whatever you think I’ve been doing, | 梅洛夫人 不论你认为我干了什么 |
[1:07:51] | I promise… | 我向你保证… |
[1:07:54] | Thieving. | 偷东西 |
[1:07:56] | That the sort of barbarous behavior | 这种野蛮行为 |
[1:07:57] | you learnt out there, is it? | 是从殖民地学来的 对吧 |
[1:08:01] | Where did you find them? | 你在哪找到这串项链的 |
[1:08:03] | Underneath a floorboard. Where are you taking me? | 在某块地板下 你们要带我去哪 |
[1:08:05] | You understand these pearls mean something to me? | 这串珍珠项链对我意义重大 你是知道的吧 |
[1:08:07] | – I’m sorry. – She’s been everywhere. | -对不起 -她到处乱跑 |
[1:08:09] | To the boy too. | 还带着少爷 |
[1:08:10] | His wheelchair was skew-whiff when I went in this morning. | 我早上进去的时候 少爷的轮椅摆歪了 |
[1:08:12] | – It’s this roused my suspicions. – She’s found my son too? | -所以引起了我的怀疑 -她还找到了我儿子 |
[1:08:16] | Have we just given her the full run of the house? | 我们就放任她在屋里到处乱跑吗 |
[1:08:18] | I warned you what a young girl could do. | 我提醒过你小女孩能够闯多大的祸 |
[1:08:20] | Was it not explained to you | 是不是跟你说过 |
[1:08:22] | to stay away from the parts of the house | 除了你自己的房间 |
[1:08:24] | that were not yours to roam in? | 其它地方不可以随便乱进 |
[1:08:26] | Colin is my friend. | 科林是我的朋友 |
[1:08:27] | I just thought that if I could excite him about life… | 我只是想激发他的生活的兴趣 |
[1:08:29] | Your excitement could kill him. Do you think he wants that? | 这种兴趣可能会害死他 你觉得他想死吗 |
[1:08:47] | Oh, what have you done? | 你都干了什么好事 |
[1:08:50] | Mrs. Medlock, | 梅洛夫人 |
[1:08:52] | let’s look into finding a school for my niece. | 给我的外甥女物色一所学校吧 |
[1:08:55] | Please. | 求你了 |
[1:08:57] | I was trying to make things better. | 我只是想帮忙 |
[1:09:00] | Find somewhere to educate some civility into her. | 找个地方教教她什么叫文明礼貌 |
[1:09:14] | You locked me in! | 你把我关起来了 |
[1:09:16] | If you’ll be needing the lavatory in the night, | 如果你夜里要如厕 |
[1:09:18] | you’ll find we’ve provided you with a chamber pot. | 房间里有准备好的夜壶 |
[1:09:21] | It’s under the bed. | 就放在床下 |
[1:09:23] | Martha will let you out in the morning. | 早上玛莎会放你出来 |
[1:11:21] | Where are you going, girl? | 你要去哪 |
[1:11:26] | Mary! | 玛丽 |
[1:11:27] | Follow me! | 跟我来 |
[1:11:37] | Mary, what’s wrong? | 玛丽 怎么了 |
[1:11:42] | There are even more secrets to this garden! | 花园里还藏着更多的秘密 |
[1:12:17] | So Colin’s mother was dying? | 科林的妈妈当时快要死了 |
[1:12:20] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:12:21] | And you think she came here? | 而你认为她来了这里 |
[1:12:24] | My mother came to be with | 我母亲在格蕾丝病逝前 |
[1:12:25] | her in the last days of Grace’s illness, | 也来陪伴她了 |
[1:12:28] | knowing that she wanted to die by this tree. | 知道她最后一刻想在树下度过 |
[1:12:33] | After which, Mr. Craven… | 自那之后 克雷文先生… |
[1:12:34] | He shut the garden away | 他锁起了花园 |
[1:12:35] | because memories of her caused too much pain. | 因为关于她的记忆带来了太多的思念之苦 |
[1:12:40] | We don’t have long. They’re sending me to school. | 我们时间不多了 他们要送我去上学 |
[1:12:43] | No? | 不是吧 |
[1:12:45] | This is Grace’s garden, and it needs to cure her son. | 这是格蕾丝的花园 一定要让它治好她的儿子 |
[1:13:24] | It’s cold. | 水好冷 |
[1:13:27] | It’s very, very cold. | 真的特别特别冷 |
[1:13:32] | – I don’t think I can. – Course you can. | -我觉得我做不到 -你当然做得到 |
[1:13:38] | – I don’t think I can. – We’ve got you. | -我做不到 -我们抓着你呢 |
[1:13:46] | I suppose it’s not so freezing. | 好像也不是那么冷 |
[1:13:48] | That’s the way. | 就是说嘛 |
[1:13:56] | I’ve done it. I’ve done it! | 我做到了 我做到了 |
[1:13:59] | Now hold your arms out and lie back. | 现在张开双臂 往后躺 |
[1:14:06] | And now… you’re on your own. | 现在…我们松手了 |
[1:14:39] | Done. Over there, please. | 好了 去那边 谢谢 |
[1:14:45] | What are you laughing about? | 你们在笑什么 |
[1:14:47] | Just enjoying your happiness. | 只是在欣赏你的快乐 |
[1:14:50] | We’re all happy, aren’t we? | 我们都很快乐 对吧 |
[1:14:51] | We are pirates. | 我们是海盗 |
[1:14:54] | We’re lords. | 我们是贵族 |
[1:14:56] | We’re conquerors of this fair and beautiful land. | 我们是这片美丽土地的征服者 |
[1:14:59] | This is our garden and we love it. | 这是我们的花园 我们爱它 |
[1:15:04] | No. | 不是的 |
[1:15:06] | It’s not our garden, and it never can be. | 这不是我们的花园 也永远不会是 |
[1:15:12] | There’s something I have to show you. | 我想给你看一样东西 |
[1:15:26] | Stop. Stop! | 停下来 快停下 |
[1:15:30] | You know what happened here, then? | 你知道这里发生过什么了吗 |
[1:15:33] | Why would you bring me here? | 你为什么要带我来这里 |
[1:15:36] | Because you needed to see it. | 因为你得来看看 |
[1:15:38] | Would you like to see the place your mother died? | 难道你想看你母亲去世的地方吗 |
[1:15:41] | My mother died in a hospital, alone and in pain. | 我母亲在医院去世 孤单又痛苦 |
[1:15:44] | Your mother found a far better spot. | 你母亲找到一个好得多的地方 |
[1:15:49] | Dickon, can you fetch me some flowers? | 迪肯 你能帮我采些花来吗 |
[1:15:52] | The white ones. | 那些白色的 |
[1:15:54] | And then can you take me home? I don’t want to be here. | 然后能送我回家吗 我不想待在这里 |
[1:15:56] | You don’t understand. | 你不明白 |
[1:15:59] | She died here because it was beautiful, | 她在这死去是因为这里很美 |
[1:16:02] | and so she made this place magical. | 于是她赋予了花园魔力 |
[1:16:05] | It cured Hector’s leg, and I… | 花园治好了赫克托的腿 |
[1:16:06] | I didn’t want to see the dresses and I don’t want to see this. | 我不想看到那些裙子 也不想看到这个 |
[1:16:10] | Please, take me home. | 拜托了 送我回家 |
[1:17:22] | Hello, monkey. | 你好啊 小猴子 |
[1:17:26] | Is something troubling you? | 你有什么烦恼吗 |
[1:17:29] | Your mother… is sad at the moment. | 你的母亲 眼下很悲伤 |
[1:17:37] | Her sadness has made her unwell. | 她的悲伤让她生病了 |
[1:17:42] | It’s not her fault. | 这不是她的错 |
[1:17:51] | I’m sorry. I didn’t understand. | 对不起 我以前不懂 |
[1:18:01] | Not today! | 今天不行 |
[1:18:02] | Colin, I’ve found these letters from my mother to your mother. | 科林 我找到了我母亲写给你母亲的信 |
[1:18:04] | I don’t want you today! | 我今天不想见你 |
[1:18:05] | All about you. | 都是关于你的 |
[1:18:06] | And I don’t want that garden! | 也不想去花园 |
[1:18:08] | You need to hear this. | 你需要听一听 |
[1:18:10] | They talk about how your father is focusing all his fears | 她们谈到你父亲如何把他对你母亲 |
[1:18:13] | about your mother’s illness onto you. | 病痛的恐惧都施加到了你身上 |
[1:18:18] | How he seems set on protecting you from the world. | 他如何决意保护你不受外界侵害 |
[1:18:23] | And she’s scared… | 而且她害怕 |
[1:18:26] | of the damage he’ll do to you when she’s gone. | 她离世后他会对你造成怎样的伤害 |
[1:18:37] | Should you be… | 你不是应该… |
[1:18:45] | I need to read those letters. | 我需要读那些信 |
[1:18:48] | You walked. | 你走路了 |
[1:18:59] | Listen to this. | 听听这个 |
[1:19:01] | “She’s bold, slightly dangerous, | “她很大胆 略带一点危险 |
[1:19:03] | and she has a spirit that nothing can quench. | 有着谁都无法抑制的精神 |
[1:19:06] | I’d be scared for her if I wasn’t so proud of her.” | 要不是我为她感到骄傲 我会为她担忧” |
[1:19:08] | – Who’s bold? – She loved you, Mary. | -谁很大胆 -她很爱你 玛丽 |
[1:19:13] | – She wanted me nowhere near her. – Maybe that’s… | -她都不想让我靠近她 -那可能是… |
[1:19:15] | “I’m so pleased Colin is making you laugh so. | “我很高兴科林能把你逗得那么开心 |
[1:19:18] | A whole day pretending to be a dog. | 扮成一条狗一整天 |
[1:19:20] | What a delight.” | 多可爱的孩子” |
[1:19:21] | A dog, was it? | 一条狗吗 |
[1:19:22] | “Archie sounds deeper in love than I’ve ever heard a man. | “阿奇听起来比任何人都爱得更深 |
[1:19:26] | He’s just as besotted as I am with Mary.” | 他和我一样深爱着玛丽” |
[1:19:33] | My father wants me locked in a room. | 我父亲想把我锁在房间里 |
[1:19:35] | That’s the thing, isn’t it? | 问题就在这 不是吗 |
[1:19:38] | Loss changes people. | 失去会改变一个人 |
[1:19:40] | Even your mother, Mary. | 你母亲也一样 玛丽 |
[1:19:41] | You don’t know my mother. | 你不了解我母亲 |
[1:19:43] | But I know what it means to lose someone. | 但我知道失去一个人意味着什么 |
[1:19:49] | Listen to this one, Mary. | 听听这个 玛丽 |
[1:19:51] | “She did a puppet show for me the night before last. | “前天晚上她为我演了一场木偶戏 |
[1:19:54] | An elaborate affair that required Ayah | 一场需要阿嬷缝制 |
[1:19:56] | to make some silk curtains. | 丝绸幕布的大制作 |
[1:19:59] | She told this Indian myth story. | 她讲了一个印度神话故事 |
[1:20:01] | It was quite mesmerizing.” | 相当引人入胜” |
[1:20:05] | I hadn’t read that. She wrote about my plays? | 我还没读那封 她写了我的木偶戏吗 |
[1:20:19] | Maybe he’s right. | 也许他说得对 |
[1:20:21] | Maybe neither of us knew our parents well. | 也许我们都不太了解我们的父母 |
[1:20:27] | No. | 不 |
[1:20:30] | She couldn’t have loved me. | 她不可能爱过我 |
[1:20:33] | These letters say otherwise. | 这些信可不是这么说的 |
[1:20:40] | Mary! Mary? | 玛丽 玛丽 |
[1:20:44] | We’ve quite the surprise for you. | 我们给你准备了一个惊喜 |
[1:20:47] | Just had word today, and what exciting word it is. | 今天刚刚收到消息 多让人激动的消息 |
[1:20:53] | It is a school that is full of the right sort of people | 这是一所充满合适的人 |
[1:20:55] | and the right sort of discipline. | 教导合适的纪律的学校 |
[1:20:58] | Now, the car will take you at 3:30. | 下午三点半车会来接你 |
[1:21:00] | We’ve already packed what possessions you have into your trunk. | 我们已经把你的所有东西都装进了行李箱 |
[1:21:03] | Tomorrow? | 明天吗 |
[1:21:05] | I’m not ready. | 我还没准备好 |
[1:21:08] | – Uncle? Please, Uncle! – No, you don’t! | -姨夫 请等等 -不 给我回来 |
[1:21:11] | Why do you say your son has a hump? | 你为什么说你儿子驼背 |
[1:21:12] | – What are you talking about now? – Colin. | -你又在说什么 -科林 |
[1:21:14] | Stop with your talking. Or this will get much worse. | 别说话了 不然一切会变得更糟 |
[1:21:18] | He thinks he has a hump, but he doesn’t, and I think you know it. | 他觉得自己驼背但他没有 而且我想你也知道 |
[1:21:21] | I’m sorry, sir. | 很抱歉 先生 |
[1:21:23] | Do you honestly think Grace would’ve wanted this life for you? | 你真的觉得格蕾丝会希望你过这种生活吗 |
[1:21:27] | You know nothing of my wife. | 你对我的妻子一无所知 |
[1:21:29] | I know she wouldn’t just stand outside his door | 我知道科林夜里哭的时候 |
[1:21:31] | while he cries at night. | 她不会只是站在门外 |
[1:21:33] | Can’t you see what you’re doing to him? | 你看不出来你对他造成的伤害吗 |
[1:21:39] | Colin needs to live, | 科林需要好好生活 |
[1:21:42] | and this house is a prison for you both. | 而这栋房子成了你们两个人的监狱 |
[1:21:48] | I’m sorry, sir. She leaves tomorrow. | 我很抱歉 先生 她明天就离开 |
[1:21:51] | Good. | 很好 |
[1:23:41] | I can hide in the garden and be happy. | 我躲在花园里就能过得开心 |
[1:23:44] | At school? I can’t. | 但是在学校不可能 |
[1:23:47] | We don’t want you to go either. | 我们也不想让你走 |
[1:23:48] | He’s right. We don’t. | 他说得对 我们不想 |
[1:23:51] | But you can’t stay locked up in the garden forever. | 但你不能永远把自己关在花园里 |
[1:23:54] | Life needs living. | 生活需要继续 |
[1:23:56] | Yeah, says the boy who’s seen none of it. | 从没生活过的男孩还好意思说 |
[1:23:58] | Says the girl so determined no one loves her, | 坚信没人爱自己的女孩还好意思说 |
[1:24:00] | she’ll make it so. | 她不让别人爱她 |
[1:24:02] | They won’t like me like you do. | 他们不会像你一样喜欢我 |
[1:24:05] | I’ll go back to being alone. | 我又要孤身一人了 |
[1:24:12] | That smoke… is that normal? | 那烟…不对劲吧 |
[1:24:15] | – No. – Father? Father! | -不对劲 -父亲 父亲 |
[1:24:19] | Go! Go! | 快去 快去 |
[1:24:29] | Mary! Get away! | 玛丽 快离开 |
[1:24:30] | Who’s inside? | 谁在里面 |
[1:24:31] | Mr. Craven. We don’t know where. | 克雷文先生 我们不知道他在哪 |
[1:24:34] | I know where he’ll be! | 我知道他会去哪 |
[1:24:36] | The brigade has been called! | 已经叫了消防队 |
[1:24:38] | Mary! | 玛丽 |
[1:24:40] | No, girl. | 别去 孩子 |
[1:24:43] | No! | 别去 |
[1:24:46] | Come back, girl! | 回来 孩子 |
[1:24:47] | Mr. Craven! | 克雷文先生 |
[1:24:56] | Colin? | 科林 |
[1:25:05] | Colin! | 科林 |
[1:25:08] | Mr. Craven! | 克雷文先生 |
[1:25:11] | Where is my son? Where are you? | 我儿子在哪 你在哪 |
[1:25:14] | Please… | 拜托了 |
[1:25:18] | Mr. Craven! | 克雷文先生 |
[1:25:19] | – I don’t understand. – I knew you’d be here. | -我不明白 -我就知道你会在这里 |
[1:25:23] | I’m not going. I can’t go. | 我不要走 我不能走 |
[1:25:26] | Mr. Craven, you need to come with me. | 克雷文先生 你得跟我走 |
[1:25:28] | I will not leave without my son. | 我不会丢下我儿子 |
[1:25:30] | Your son is not here, sir, but he is safe and well. | 你儿子不在这里 先生 但他安然无恙 |
[1:25:33] | I can’t desert him. | 我不能丢下他 |
[1:25:36] | Not again. | 不能再丢下他了 |
[1:25:36] | I left your son not five minutes ago. | 我不到五分钟前还和你儿子在一起 |
[1:25:41] | I give you my word on the soul of Grace Craven. | 我以格蕾丝·克雷文的在天之灵发誓 |
[1:25:59] | – Come on! – No. | -快点 -不 |
[1:26:04] | I can’t lift you. | 我抬不动你 |
[1:26:08] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[1:26:09] | Just leave me. Please. | 别管我了 拜托 |
[1:26:12] | Don’t. Please, leave me here. | 不 拜托 别管我了 |
[1:26:14] | He needs you! Your son needs you! | 他需要你 你儿子需要你 |
[1:26:19] | I’ve ruined everything. | 我把一切都毁了 |
[1:26:55] | Come on! We’re going! | 快点 我们快走 |
[1:27:13] | Mr. Craven, I need your help. | 克雷文先生 我需要你的帮助 |
[1:27:58] | Mother? | 母亲 |
[1:28:04] | Mother. | 母亲 |
[1:28:20] | Please stay. | 留下好吗 |
[1:28:23] | I know you can’t, but please stay. | 我知道你没办法 但留下好吗 |
[1:28:42] | Mary! | 玛丽 |
[1:28:46] | Mary. Are you all right? | 玛丽 你还好吗 |
[1:28:48] | Him. Take him first. | 他 先带他走 |
[1:29:39] | Show me… | 带我… |
[1:29:43] | Show me my son! | 带我去找我儿子 |
[1:30:04] | It’s beautiful. | 好美 |
[1:30:06] | And it’s ours. | 这是我们的 |
[1:30:08] | It was hers, but now I think she’d want us to share in it. | 本来是她的 但我认为她希望我们共享 |
[1:30:13] | And he’s here? | 他在这里吗 |
[1:30:16] | Where is my son? | 我儿子在哪 |
[1:30:19] | Call for him, sir. | 呼唤他吧 先生 |
[1:30:21] | Colin? | 科林 |
[1:30:25] | Colin! | 科林 |
[1:30:27] | Father? | 父亲 |
[1:30:32] | Colin. | 科林 |
[1:30:34] | Father, I’m here! | 父亲 我在这 |
[1:30:41] | Colin? | 科林 |
[1:30:43] | Father? | 父亲 |
[1:30:57] | I thought I’d lost you. | 我以为我失去你了 |
[1:31:05] | Of all the places. | 不可思议 |
[1:31:14] | No. Wait. | 不 等等 |
[1:31:19] | Please. | 拜托 |
[1:31:29] | One, two… | 一 二 |
[1:31:54] | But how is this… | 这怎么可能 |
[1:31:59] | Magic. | 魔法 |
[1:32:04] | Secrets. | 秘密 |
[1:32:08] | Her. | 她 |
[1:32:13] | Her? | 她 |
[1:32:14] | His mother. | 他母亲 |
[1:32:23] | How is it that we’re taught by our children? | 为什么我们会被自己的孩子教育 |
[1:32:27] | How is that? | 为什么 |
[1:32:32] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:32:37] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:32:38] | Enough of that. | 别说了 |
[1:32:40] | Now, tell me… | 告诉我 |
[1:32:45] | Do you like our garden? | 你喜欢我们的花园吗 |
[1:33:23] | We have the large French windows overlooking the patio… | 可以俯瞰庭院的宽大落地窗 |
[1:33:26] | There were once three people who loved each other very much. | 从前 有三个人相亲相爱 |
[1:33:29] | Four. Are you including Hector? | 四个 你算上赫克托了吗 |
[1:33:30] | Maybe I was including Hector and not including you. | 可能我算上了赫克托 但没算上你 |
[1:33:33] | Five. I want to include my father. | 五个 我想算上父亲 |
[1:33:35] | – Martha needs to be included. – Six. And Martha. | -要算上玛莎 -六个 算上玛莎 |
[1:33:37] | There were once some people who lived in an old, deserted house. | 从前 一座古老废弃的房子里住着一些人 |
[1:33:42] | Partially deserted. | 部分废弃 |
[1:33:43] | And they discovered a garden. | 他们发现了一座花园 |
[1:33:44] | One of the people discovered a garden | 他们中的一个人发现了一座花园 |
[1:33:47] | and they didn’t know it at first | 他们起初并不知道 |
[1:33:48] | – but the garden was a magic garden. – It was. | -但其实那是个魔法花园 -确实 |
[1:33:50] | Because it was a magic garden, it was going to save them | 因为那是个魔法花园 所以他们拯救了花园 |
[1:33:52] | as much as they were going to save it. | 花园也拯救了他们 |
[1:33:54] | I think you should talk more about Hector. | 我觉得你应该多讲讲赫克托 |
[1:33:56] | If you don’t both pipe down, | 如果你俩不安静下来 |
[1:33:57] | I shan’t tell the story at all! | 我就不讲了 |
[1:33:59] | – Sorry, Mary. – Sorry, Mary. | -抱歉 玛丽 -抱歉 玛丽 |
[1:34:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:34:02] | Now if you’re ready and silent, | 如果你们能老实不说话 |
[1:34:05] | I shall try again… | 我就再讲一遍 |