英文名称:State of Play
年代:2009
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:31] | Oh, the night that paddy Murphy died | 墨菲警员死的那一晚 |
[02:34] | Is a night I’ll never forget | 另我终身难呀难以忘 |
[02:36] | Some of the boys got loaded drunk | 一些男孩喝高了酒 |
[02:38] | And they ain’t got sober yet | 晕乎乎仍未醒过来 |
[02:41] | As long as a bottle was passed around | 只要瓶子里还有酒 |
[02:43] | Every man was feeling gay | 大家都乐呀乐开怀 |
[02:45] | O’leary came with the bagpipes | 奥莱利带来风笛啊 |
[02:47] | Some music for to play | 小曲儿就响呀响起来 |
[02:49] | That’s how they showed their respect for Paddy Murphy | 他们就是这样敬畏墨菲警员 |
[02:53] | That’s how they showed their honor and their pride | 他们就这样表现光荣与骄傲 |
[02:56] | They said it was a sin and shame | 他们嘴上说这是罪恶和耻辱 |
[02:57] | And they winked at one another | 就在相互眨眼之后 |
[02:59] | And every drink in the place was full | 酒杯还是满呀满盈盈 |
[03:01] | The night pat Murphy died | 就在墨菲警员死的那一晚 |
[03:08] | As Mrs. Murphy sat in the corner | 墨菲太太坐在角落里 |
[03:10] | Pouring out her grief | 吐诉她的伤心事 |
[03:12] | Kelly and his gang came tearing down the street | 凯利帮砸呀砸了一条街 |
[03:15] | They went into an empty room | 他们闯进了小空屋 |
[03:17] | And a bottie of whiskey store | 一间威士忌小酒馆 |
[03:19] | They put the bottle with the corpse | 酒瓶和尸体放一起 |
[03:21] | To keep that whiskey cold | 威士忌变得冷冰冰 |
[03:22] | That’s how they showed their respect for… | 任何时间 不准停车 他们就是这样敬畏… |
[03:26] | They took the white kid to the hospital. | 他们把那个白人小孩送去了医院 |
[03:28] | He’s in a coma. | 他还在昏迷 |
[03:30] | Officer, you should check in with the famliy. | 警官 你该和家属确认一下 |
[03:37] | Whatever you’re selling, I ain’t buying. | 不管你说什么 我都不买你帐 |
[03:40] | Okay, guys, take off. | 就这些 大伙儿动身吧 |
[03:41] | Yes, sir. | 遵命 长官 |
[03:43] | Coffee’s free for friends of the press. | 报社为朋友送来咖啡一杯 |
[03:49] | I heard metro ballistics was just here. | 听说地铁站那案子就是这儿 |
[03:52] | Who told you that? | 谁跟你说的 |
[03:53] | You just did. | 你喽 |
[03:56] | You got the names of the victims for me? | 受害者姓名可否告知 |
[03:57] | You gotta be kidding me. | 开什么玩笑 |
[03:59] | You know I’m gonna find out anyway. | 反正我最后肯定会查出来 |
[04:01] | Not from me. | 我这里不是突破口 |
[04:02] | Okay. You want to play a little confirm or deny? | 好吧 你只要回答是或不是就行了 |
[04:06] | I’m not playing this game with you, Cal. | 我可没工夫陪你玩 凯尔 |
[04:09] | Look, Don, I got a living to make, all right? | 顿 你得让我混口饭吃 |
[04:11] | I got mouths to feed, goldfish. | 家里有几张嘴等着我喂饱呢 我养的金鱼 |
[04:15] | No names, no quotes, all right? | 不提你的名 不引述你的话 行吧 |
[04:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:21] | Two victims, one shooter? | 一个枪手 两条命? |
[04:22] | Confirm. | 是 |
[04:24] | One dead, one in the hospital? | 一死一伤? |
[04:25] | Confirm. | 是 |
[04:28] | Drug related? | 有关毒品? |
[04:29] | Confirm, but deny later if I have to. | 是 但没准稍后结果有变数 |
[05:44] | – Good morning. – Good morning, sir. | -早上好 -早上好先生 |
[05:46] | Okay, I’m late. I know. | 行了 我知道迟到了 |
[05:47] | I don’t need to be reminded of it. | 勿需提醒了 |
[05:49] | I’ve been over the briefing notes 1,000 times. | 我的名字已经在简报上出现一千多次啦 |
[05:51] | – Stephen. – Yes? | -斯蒂芬 -什么 |
[05:52] | Metro police just called. | 地铁警局刚刚打来电话 |
[05:54] | What? | 什么 |
[05:57] | Sonia Baker was killed in an accident on the metro this morning. | 索尼娅·贝克今早在地铁上意外身亡 |
[06:02] | They identified her by her staff badge. | 警察通过员工徽章确认了身份 |
[06:07] | Horribie news for all of us. | 这对我们来说是个噩耗 |
[06:11] | But, Stephen, we’re scheduled to start now. | 不过斯蒂芬 我们还是要按日程办事 |
[06:13] | What do you want to do? | 你打算怎么做 |
[06:34] | Morning, Pittsburgh. | 早 匹斯堡人 |
[06:36] | Yinzer. | 老乡好(匹兹堡方言) |
[06:39] | Cal. Morning. | 凯尔 早上好 |
[06:41] | Talk to me about this shooting. | 枪击案进展如何 |
[06:42] | You know, one guy’s still aiive. | 有个活着的 |
[06:44] | Deshaun Stagg? | 德肖恩·斯塔格 |
[06:45] | No, he’s dead. | 不 他死了 |
[06:47] | The other guy on the bike, Vernon Sando. | 另一个骑车的 弗农·桑多 |
[06:48] | Hey, Gene, did you read the guinea pig piece I filed? | 基恩 读我关于豚鼠的稿子了吗 |
[06:50] | Yeah, I’ll get to it, Ferris. | 好 费理斯 我一会儿看 |
[06:52] | Because it’s a great human interest story. Yeah, human interest. | 因为它和人类利益攸关 对 人类利益 |
[06:54] | So what’s the deal? | 二者怎么搭在一起的 |
[06:55] | Stagg’s drug deal goes wrong, | 是不是斯塔格的毒品买卖失败 |
[06:56] | And this guy just rides by? | 而这个骑车路过的倒霉鬼撞枪口上了 |
[06:58] | Yeah, something iike that, I think. | 差不多吧 |
[06:59] | That’s a remarkable feat of survival. | 叹为观止的生存技巧 |
[07:01] | Well, at least it’s got a little bit of a zip code to it. | 至少给我们留了个地方可以查下去 |
[07:03] | Georgetown’s the angle, right? | 乔治城区是切入点 对吧 |
[07:04] | No, no, the angle is that this guy Vernon Sando | 不 切入点是弗农·桑多 |
[07:07] | Has got an MBA from Duke. | 他是杜克大学的工商管理硕士 |
[07:09] | What’s he doing on a bike? | 他没事骑什么自行车 |
[07:10] | He’s buying a pizza franchise. | 他买下了一家披萨店经营权 |
[07:11] | You know, they make you ride the bike | 你知道 干这行免不了要骑车 |
[07:13] | For the first six months, learn the ropes. | 头6个月 摸熟门路就靠它 |
[07:14] | He’s got a wife, two kids, mortgage, | 他有老婆 两个小孩 按揭贷款 |
[07:15] | Total citizen. | 老百姓一个 |
[07:17] | What’s his condition? | 他现在情况如何 |
[07:18] | Critical, non-reactive. | 生命垂危 全身无知觉 |
[07:19] | Paragraph three. He’s in a coma. | 看第3段 他还昏迷着呢 |
[07:22] | Okay, let me know. | 好吧 有进展就汇报 |
[07:23] | I will. | 知道了 |
[07:29] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[07:30] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[07:31] | Welcome to our hearings | 欢迎各位参加本次私人军火承包商 |
[07:33] | Private security contractor PointCorp, | 顶点集团的听证会 |
[07:35] | Part of the inquiry into the defense department’s | 这是国防部与私人合作以及工程外包 |
[07:38] | Privatization and outsourcing practices. | 情况调查的一个环节 |
[07:41] | Before we begin, I’ve just received some terrible news. | 在这之前 我刚收到一些不好的消息 |
[07:47] | Sonia Baker, | 索尼娅·贝克 |
[07:50] | Who was the lead researcher for this committee | 本委员会的的首席研究员 |
[07:54] | And a valued member of my staff, died this morning. | 也是我的得力助手 今早不幸遇难 |
[08:01] | The circumstances of her death are not yet clear. | 死因现未查明 |
[08:12] | Well, I’d like to send my condolences to her family. | 在此我向她的家人致以深切的慰问 |
[08:28] | Oh, my god, are those tears? | 我的天 他哭了吗 |
[08:30] | 50 bucks says he’s bailing her. | 50块赌他把她甩了 |
[08:33] | 50 bucks? Wait, you owe me 50 bucks. | 50块吗 等下 你欠我50块来着 |
[08:35] | – Bad congressman! – Bad. | -真会装 -假惺惺 |
[08:37] | What a scumball! | 什么玩意儿 |
[08:39] | Somebody get me a picture of the girl. | 谁帮我找下那女孩的照片 |
[08:41] | Let’s hope she’s not 5’2” | 但愿她不是个身高不到1米55 |
[08:42] | And 300 pounds. | 体重260多斤的大胖妞 |
[08:44] | Gene, Gene, what is your obsession with fat giris? | 基恩 你怎么这么钟情于胖妞 |
[08:47] | If you want to have sex with pete, you should just say it. | 想和皮特上床 直说好了 |
[08:49] | Not tonight, I got a headache. | 今晚不行 我脑袋疼 |
[08:50] | Say it. Say it, Gene. Say it. | 说吧 说吧 基恩说吧 |
[08:51] | Picture! Picture! | 谁有照片 |
[08:53] | Reaction to the tragic death was initially, | 外界对此惨案的反应尚处于初级阶段 |
[08:55] | And understandably, one of shock, | 毋庸置疑 这是一起令人震惊的事件 |
[08:58] | Yet questions immediateiy began to surface | 随着贝克女士死讯公布后 |
[09:00] | As soon as Ms. Baker’s death was announced. | 诸多疑点也浮出水面 |
[09:13] | Hey, Joe, CaL Mcaffrey over at the globe. | 乔 我是环球报的凯尔·麦卡弗里 |
[09:15] | Just calling about that shooting in georgetown last night. | 昨晚打过乔治城区枪杀案电话的那个 |
[09:18] | I heard the dead kid had a couple of priors as a purse snatcher. | 我听说死的那孩子有过几次抢钱的前科 |
[09:23] | Got any more details for me? | 能提供详细点儿的情况吗 |
[09:28] | Call me back? Yeah, yeah. You, too. | 给我回电 好的 你也是 |
[09:33] | Hey, I got a question for you. | 我想问您一下 |
[09:35] | Stephen Collins. | 斯蒂芬·科林斯 |
[09:37] | He’s an old friend of yours, is that right? | 是你的昔日老友对吧 |
[09:40] | Yeah. | 恩 |
[09:41] | I’m Della. Della Frye. | 我是黛拉·弗莱伊 |
[09:43] | I write the Capitol Hill blog. | 我是网络部 |
[09:46] | Online side. | 写国会山日志的 |
[09:48] | I’m a big fan of your work. | 我特别崇拜您 |
[09:51] | So, I’m writing this piece on personal relationships | 我正酝酿一篇政坛沉浮中 |
[09:56] | In the poiitical sphere, | 个人关系变化的文章 |
[09:57] | ”Single girl in the corridors of power” kind of thing, | 诸如权力走廊里的单身女性之类的话题 |
[10:00] | And as you probably know, | 您也许听说了 |
[10:02] | There was this incident this morning on the hill, | 今早国会山的听证会 |
[10:04] | At your friend’s hearing. | 您老友那边发生了件大事 |
[10:05] | Is there a question on the horizon? | 究竟想问什么 |
[10:10] | Yeah. Have you spoken to him today? | 您今天跟他通话了吗 |
[10:13] | Are you trying to make me part of your story? | 你也打算把我写进去吗 |
[10:16] | No. I’m trying to get a iittle context. | 不会 只是加点背景 |
[10:19] | Context like dirt? | 政治绯闻吗 |
[10:23] | Well, do you think he was having an affair with that girl? | 您觉得他和那女孩有染吗 |
[10:26] | Gee, Della. | 天呐 黛拉 |
[10:30] | I don’t know. I’d have to read a couple of blogs | 容我想想 在读过你的日志之后 |
[10:33] | Before I could form an opinion. | 我才能下定论 |
[10:37] | Okay. Thanks for your help. | 好吧 多谢 |
[10:38] | Anytime! | 随时恭候 |
[10:44] | Capitol Hill may be rocked with another bombshell. | 又一枚重磅炸弹震动国会山 |
[10:46] | Speculation is rife that Stephen Collins | 外界盛传斯蒂芬·科林斯 |
[10:49] | May have been romantically linked | 与其今早身亡的年轻助手 |
[10:51] | (性 谎言 政坛) 存在异常暧昧的关系 | |
[10:53] | His spokesmen call this another political cloud… | 他的发言人称之为又一团政坛疑云 |
[10:56] | The timing couldn’t be worse for Collins. | 科林斯现在的日子真不好过 |
[10:58] | He needs all the political leverage he can get | 他需要争取尽可能多的政治筹码 |
[11:01] | As he begins looking into the defense department’s | 为他调查国防部 |
[11:04] | Outsourcing practices. | 工程外包的事件做铺垫 |
[11:06] | Called mercenaries by some | 一些人眼中的势利小人 |
[11:07] | And saviors by others, | 另一些人眼中的救星 |
[11:09] | Pointcorp, the controversial private military contractor, | 据传极富争议的私人军火顶点集团 |
[11:12] | Is said to be the biggest beneficiary | 实乃伊朗阿富汗战争中 |
[11:14] | In the defense department’s outsourcing in Iraq and Afghanistan. | 国防外包项目中的最大受益者 |
[11:18] | Collins, who’d been married | 科林斯已与大学女友 |
[11:19] | For 10 years to his college sweetheart, | 结婚十年 |
[11:21] | Is thought to have refused to leave his wife for Miss Baker. | 据揣测他不愿为贝克离开妻子 |
[11:37] | Brass Tacks. | 实话实说 |
[11:39] | Were you having a relationship with this girl? | 你和这女孩有染吗 |
[11:45] | Yes, | 有 |
[11:47] | And I can’t tell you how sorry I am about all of this. | 对于此事我感到十分内疚 |
[11:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:54] | I’ve asked Andrew here to help us | 我请安德鲁来此协助我们 |
[11:56] | Handle things from a media point of view. | 从媒体的角度处理这事 |
[11:58] | If anyone can steer us through this, he can. | 他是此事的不二人选 |
[12:01] | Well, the next 72 hours are gonna be brutal. | 未来72小时你将会很难熬 |
[12:04] | You ought to brace yourself for that. | 你得鼓起勇气准备应对 |
[12:06] | For a while, you’re gonna be everything that’s wrong with politics. | 一段时间内 你会成是政坛丑闻的主角 |
[12:10] | You’re still a star, Steve. | 斯蒂芬 你还是政治之星 |
[12:12] | The party takes care of its stars. | 党会照顾好你的 |
[12:15] | You just have to lay low for a while. | 只不过要低调一段时间 |
[12:17] | How low? | 怎么个低法 |
[12:18] | Low. | 很低 |
[12:21] | Nothing that would bring any undue attention to yourself. | 不要做任何吸引眼球的不当举动 |
[12:26] | At the hearings, for instance. | 比如说听证会 |
[12:29] | We’re not finished with Pointcorp. | 同顶点集团合作还未结束 |
[12:31] | No, but you are. | 对 但你得退出了 |
[12:35] | If you open up fire on those guys right now, | 若和这帮家伙针锋相对 |
[12:38] | That’s not gonna look like good governance, | 那看上去不像是恪尽职守 |
[12:40] | Just a calculated distraction. | 倒像设计好的转移视线 |
[12:45] | Is your wife speaking to you? | 你太太和你通过话了吗 |
[12:48] | No, not right now. | 不 还没 |
[12:51] | Then that’s job one, isn’t it? | 那可是首要任务 |
[12:58] | Yinzer! She knows you got the message, | 老乡 她知道你得到消息了 |
[13:02] | And she knows you’re in the buiiding. | 她知道你在这楼里 |
[13:06] | Yes. | 对 |
[13:17] | Morning. | 早 |
[13:18] | So, where are we? Was he knobbing her or not? | 写到哪儿了 他和她到底有没一腿 |
[13:22] | Morning, Cam. | 早上好 卡姆 |
[13:23] | It’s funny about you. Every time your friend runs for reelection | 你太滑稽了 每次你的朋友重新选举 |
[13:26] | Or conducts a hearing, | 或是举行听证会 |
[13:28] | You drop his name to me until we give him some coverage. | 你都强烈要求我们给他做新闻报道 |
[13:30] | But he finally does something | 而他终于有料可报 |
[13:32] | That actually might sell some newspapers, | 让报纸大卖一笔 |
[13:34] | You’re rendered mute. | 你竟然一声不吭 |
[13:35] | It’s incongruous. | 真不正常 |
[13:37] | No, it is not. | 不 不是 |
[13:38] | It’s inconsistent. | 是没想明白 |
[13:40] | Don’t be an ass. | 别装了 |
[13:45] | What do you think? | 你觉得如何 |
[13:47] | Those are the ideas for our faceiift. | 这些是即将改版的新标头 |
[13:51] | I know. I know. It’s crap. | 我知道 这都是些垃圾 |
[13:55] | Our new owners have this odd idea | 新老板想出一些怪点子 |
[13:56] | That we ought to be turning a profit. | 认为这样可以赚钱 |
[13:58] | Yeah, well, I hear our online side is doing great. | 是啊 我听说网络部做得很好 |
[14:01] | I mean, not like I’m the kind of guy | 不像我这样的 |
[14:03] | Who would notice that sort of thing, | 谁会留意那些事儿 |
[14:04] | But I’ve been here, what, 15 years? | 不过 我进社能有15年了吧 |
[14:07] | I use a 16-year-old computer. | 我那电脑都16岁了 |
[14:10] | She’s been here 15 minutes, | 她进来15分钟 |
[14:11] | And she could launch a Russian satelite with the gear she’s got. | 她的机器足以发射一颗苏联卫星了 |
[14:14] | Yeah, she told me you behaved like a pig. | 对 她跟我说你就像头猪 |
[14:16] | That’s too strong. | 过奖了 |
[14:17] | Well, piggish. | 猪头猪脑样儿 |
[14:19] | I showed her a little snout. | 我给她看了猪鼻子 |
[14:23] | Well, I happen to like Ms. Della Frye. | 碰巧我就喜欢黛拉·弗莱伊 |
[14:27] | And, yes, I did send her down there | 对 是我派她去 |
[14:28] | To winkie something out of you. | 你那里挖新闻 |
[14:31] | She’s hungry, she’s cheap, and she churns out copy every hour. | 她人勤快 薪水要的少 时刻都出活儿 |
[14:34] | Yeah, I know. I’m overfed, I’m too expensive, and I take way too long. | 明白 我要价不菲 磨磨蹭蹭 懒惰成性 |
[14:38] | Yes, you do. | 对 |
[14:39] | I was Stephen Collins’ roommate in college. | 我和斯蒂芬·科林斯确实是大学室友 |
[14:43] | I don’t live with him now. | 可现在没和他住一起 |
[14:45] | Well, that’s a shame, isn’t it? | 那可真遗憾 |
[14:46] | Yeah, ’cause that could sell some newspapers. | 对 那能让报纸大卖一笔 |
[14:51] | Miss Baker died this morning | 贝克小姐今早意外身亡 |
[14:52] | In an apparent accident on the DC Metro. | 出事地点是华盛顿特区地铁站 |
[14:55] | Suicide has not been ruied out. | 自杀可能仍未排除 |
[14:58] | It appears to be a suicide. | 看起来是自杀 |
[15:04] | People close to the case say that congressman Collins, | 了解本案的人称国会议员科林斯 |
[15:06] | Quote, ”Took advantage” of this young girl, | “占了这个年轻姑娘的便宜” |
[15:09] | Resuiting in today’s suicide. | 导致今天的自杀事件 |
[15:10] | Suicide. Suicide. | 自杀 |
[15:40] | So, I know you’re thinking, | 我知道你在想什么 |
[15:42] | “This guy’s gotta be pretty desperate to show up here.” | 这家伙一定是万不得已才到这儿的 |
[15:46] | No, I was thinking I can finally give you back | 没 我想我终于可以还你 |
[15:49] | That roxy music cd you left in my car. | 忘在我车里的若克西音乐CD啦 |
[15:52] | Is that Where That One Went? I was looking for that. | 是那张”何去何从”吗 我正找着呢 |
[15:56] | I got three dozen reporters camped in front of my place. | 我家门前有30多名记者安营扎寨 |
[16:02] | I’d go somewhere else, | 我得另找个地方 |
[16:06] | But I don’t have anywhere else to go. | 但不知道还能去哪儿 |
[16:10] | – Come in. – Thanks. | -请进 -谢了 |
[16:20] | I see you redecorated. | 家里重新布置过 |
[16:22] | Yeah. I moved that couch a couple of feet. | 恩 我把那沙发挪了几英尺 |
[16:25] | Looks good. | 不错 |
[16:30] | Aren’t you gonna ask me how I could be so stupid? | 你不问我为什么那么蠢吗 |
[16:33] | In a minute. Okay. | -过会就问 -好吧 |
[16:39] | You know, I co-sponsored two bills in the last three years. | 我在过去的3年和他人发起了2项议案 |
[16:43] | I’m in the middle of co-authoring another one, | 现在第3项也完成了一半 |
[16:45] | And this is what I’m gonna be remembered for. | 而今却因为这事儿遗臭万年 |
[16:49] | I’m gonna get more coverage on this | 这事对我的报道要比这辈子 |
[16:50] | Than anything else I do for the rest of my life. | 我做过的所有事得到的报道要多得多 |
[16:54] | The nature of the beast, public office. | 公职部门就是野兽之地 |
[17:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:09] | Look, Cal, | 凯尔 |
[17:13] | I know the last time I saw you, I said a few things. | 我知道上次见面 说过一些话 |
[17:17] | I deserved it, all of it. | 我活该的 |
[17:23] | Annie and I were having problems in the marriage, obviously. | 我和安妮婚姻出了问题 |
[17:32] | You’re the only real friend I got. | 你是我唯一的朋友 |
[17:36] | I’m in trouble, man. | 我遇到麻烦了 老兄 |
[17:40] | You know? | 你知道吗 |
[17:42] | This whole thing with Sonia, what happened, it just snuck up on me. | 关于索尼娅的这整件事 所发生的一切 都是悄悄地找上我的 |
[17:48] | She was an amazing woman, | 她是个很有魅力的女人 |
[17:51] | Beautiful and really funny, smart, | 漂亮 风趣 聪明 |
[17:56] | And she, you know, she adored me. | 而且她爱慕我 |
[17:59] | That was nice, you know, for a change. | 如果如此改变一下 也不错 |
[18:09] | Have you called the parents? | 你给她父母打电话了吗 |
[18:11] | No, I haven’t called the parents. | 不 我还没打 |
[18:15] | You should. | 你应该打一个 |
[18:16] | Tomorrow, you’re gonna make a condolence call. | 明天 你就打个电话吊唁一下 |
[18:19] | The first thing the attack dogs will pick up on, you know, | 攻击你的恶狗首先就会从这里下手 |
[18:21] | “He never so much as called after our daughter’s suicide.” | “他在我们女儿自杀后连电话都没打过一个” |
[18:29] | She didn’t kill herself. | 她不是自杀的 |
[18:32] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[18:41] | Hey, baby, I just want to wish you good luck. | 亲爱的 我只是想祝你好运 |
[18:44] | I want you to give them hell, | 我希望你能好好回敬他们 |
[18:48] | And I can’t wait for this weekend. | 还有我等不及这个周末了 |
[18:50] | I love you. Bye. | 我爱你 拜 |
[18:53] | That’s this morning. | 这是今天早上发来的 |
[18:55] | Look like someone who’s about to go out and commit suicide? | 这像一个要出门自杀的人吗 |
[18:58] | No. | 不像 |
[19:02] | You show this to anybody? | 你把这个给别人看过吗 |
[19:03] | Well, I thought about firing it up on YouTube. | 我想过把它上传到YouTube上 |
[19:05] | Hey, you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[19:07] | This is the moment where I ask you how stupid could you be. | 现在我该问问你到底有多蠢了 |
[19:11] | This changes everything. | 这能改变一切 |
[19:13] | It’ll bring it all back your way. | 它能让局势重归于你 |
[19:15] | How are you gonna do that? | 你怎么能做到那样 |
[19:16] | Because we’re gonna fight back with our own facts. | 我们可以用掌握的真相反击 |
[19:19] | All we have to do is, we have to build | 我们要做的只是去创作 |
[19:21] | A plausible alternative story, all right? | 一个移花接木的故事 好吗 |
[19:26] | Now, look. | 这样 |
[19:29] | “Unfortunately, it appears that Sonia Baker | “很不幸地 索尼娅·贝克 |
[19:32] | Has met with a tragic accident on a subway platform. | 正好撞上了发生在地铁站台的惨剧 |
[19:38] | So questions have to be asked about transit safety.” | 所以运输系统的安全性应该得到质疑” |
[19:42] | – Okay? – Cal. | -怎么样 -凯尔 |
[19:43] | Now, Stephen, | 斯蒂芬 |
[19:46] | You gotta be proactive, okay? | 你得采取主动 好吗 |
[19:48] | If you’re not, then you’re just letting the bloodsuckers | 否则 你就是让那些吸血的 |
[19:51] | And the bloggers have another free shot at you. | 博主们再次向你随意开火了 |
[19:53] | The bloodsuckers and the bloggers. | 吸血的博主们 |
[19:55] | Have you seen the Globe’s website tonight? | 你看了今晚环球报刊的网站吗 |
[19:59] | No. | 没有 |
[20:00] | A Crying Shame by Della Frye | 奇耻大辱 作者 黛拉·弗莱伊 |
[20:17] | Hello? | 喂 |
[20:18] | Miss Capitol Hill blog? It’s Cal Mcaffrey. | 是国会山博客小姐吗 我是凯尔·麦卡弗里 |
[20:20] | Do you have a pen? | 你有笔吗 |
[20:22] | What? | 什么 |
[20:23] | Sonia Baker, right? | 索尼娅·贝克 对吧 |
[20:25] | I have a source, and you need to talk to him. | 我有个线人 你得跟他谈谈 |
[20:26] | Well, why? | 为什么 |
[20:28] | Do you have a pen? | 你有笔吗 |
[20:30] | Yeah. | 有 |
[20:32] | – Lieutenant Leon Comey. – Pen, pen, pen. | -利昂·科米副队长 -笔笔笔 |
[20:35] | Write that down. C-o-m-e-y. | 记下来 C-o-m-e-y |
[20:38] | C-o-m-e-y C-o-m-e-y. | |
[20:39] | 202-555-0167 202-555-0167. | |
[20:44] | He’s gonna show you an off-the-record preview | 他会给你看一份不公开的 |
[20:47] | Of the security camera tapes from the Metro station. | 地铁站安保录像带 |
[20:50] | What, you mean… Do you mean, like, now? | 什么 你是说现在吗 |
[20:52] | Yeah, like now. Sorry. Who am I calling? | 是的 现在 抱歉 我在和谁说话 |
[20:54] | I was trying to get Della Frye the reporter. | 我要找的是大记者黛拉·弗莱伊 |
[20:56] | Gee, I’m sorry. I thought that I was talking to the guy | 该说抱歉的是我 我以为我正在和那个 |
[20:59] | Who wouldn’t give me the time of day this morning. | 今天早上一点时间都不给我的人说话 |
[21:01] | Look, I am just trying to help you get a few facts in the mix | 听着 我只是想帮你搞清楚一些事实 |
[21:06] | Next time you decide to upchuck online. | 好帮你下次再在网上乱喷 |
[21:08] | What? | 什么 |
[21:15] | I’m not doing it. I’m not. | 我才不去 不去 |
[21:25] | Wake up. | 起来 |
[21:40] | Does anybody know where room 514 is? | 有人知道514号房间在哪吗 |
[21:45] | 514A or 514B? | 514A还是514B |
[21:50] | It doesn’t say. Is there a big difference? | 这没写 有很大区别吗 |
[21:53] | Big enough. You looking for Uniform Squad or Investigation? | 挺大的 你要找制服组还是侦查组 |
[21:58] | I don’t know. Cal Mcaffrey sent me. | 不知道 凯尔·麦卡弗里让我来的 |
[22:02] | Why didn’t you say so? | 你怎么不早说 |
[22:03] | You Cal’s new assistant? | 你是凯尔的新助理吗 |
[22:06] | No, I’m not. | 不 我不是 |
[22:08] | Hey, can I see that? | 我能看看那个吗 |
[22:11] | Yeah, it’s right down the hallway here. | 对 就在走廊那头 |
[22:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:14] | Like a police escort? | 需要警官护送吗 |
[22:16] | No, I’m okay. Thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[22:18] | Hey, no trouble. I’m just grabbing some dinner here real quick. | 没事 我只是在这里草草解决一下晚餐 |
[22:21] | So, how long have you known Cal? | 那么 你认识凯尔多久了 |
[22:24] | Too long. | 很久了 |
[22:30] | What’s your titie? Okay, Sergeant, | 怎么称呼你 好的 |
[22:32] | I can file a public records request | 我申请查看公共记录 |
[22:34] | And get the information anyway. | 照样能拿到信息的 |
[22:37] | Washington Globe | 华盛顿环球报 |
[22:43] | You got nothing? | 你什么都没查到 |
[22:45] | No. | 没有 |
[22:47] | They’ve got 56 cameras covering the track platforms. | 他们有56个摄像头覆盖整个展台 |
[22:50] | There are three blind spots in the entire system, | 但整个系统中有3个盲点 |
[22:52] | And Sonia Baker went down in one of them. | 索尼娅·贝克正好位于其中一个 |
[22:54] | You got copy for me, Cal? | 凯尔 打印稿能给我了吗 |
[22:56] | The shooting delivery guy, what are we doing? | 有关那个送外卖中枪者 我们该怎么做 |
[22:59] | I’m on it. | 我正在写 |
[23:00] | Well, I got Marty lined up to take some pictures of the family. | 我让马蒂去拍家庭照了 |
[23:02] | If you’d like, I can send somebody out there with him. | 如果你需要 我可以再派个人和他一起 |
[23:04] | He can do the crying, you can do the nuts and bolts. | 他能做个大概 你再加些细节和要素 |
[23:06] | No. No need. I’m on it. You’ll have it tonight. | 不用 交给我了 晚上给你 |
[23:08] | You’re on it. | 交给你了 |
[23:11] | Okay. You know what you gotta do? | 好的 你知道接下来该做什么吗 |
[23:13] | Call Leon, all right? | 给利昂打电话 |
[23:14] | Just sort of push him for the details. | 问出点更细节的信息 |
[23:16] | Ask him a few more questions. You know… | 多问他一些问题… |
[23:18] | Nine suicides in 20 years. There were five accidental deaths, | 过去二十年内有九起自杀 五起意外身亡 |
[23:22] | Three from people trying to get their stuff | 有三个人想在列车进站前 |
[23:24] | Off the tracks before the train came | 下铁轨捡东西 |
[23:25] | And two of the psycho-on-stranger pushing attacks. | 另外两个是被神经病推下去的 |
[23:28] | Did Collins sleep at your place last night? | 科林斯昨晚在你家过夜了吧 |
[23:30] | What? | 什么 |
[23:34] | I was just trying to get my facts straight. | 我只是想理清事实 |
[23:38] | Excuse me. Della here. | 失陪 我是黛拉 |
[23:44] | Yeah, just a sec. He’s right here. | 好 稍等 他就在这里 |
[23:46] | Hang on, hang on, hang on. | 等一下 等等 等等 |
[23:49] | It’s Anne Collins. | 是安妮·科林斯 |
[23:54] | Hey, I’m not at my desk at the moment. Can I call you back? | 我现在不在我办公桌 等下打给你好吗 |
[23:58] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[24:01] | You know, look into the two psycho-on-stranger cases, | 多关注一下那两个神经病案子吧 |
[24:04] | See if anything correlates or anything connects. | 看看有没有什么相似或相关的 |
[24:16] | Hello? | 喂 |
[24:19] | – You okay? – No. | -你还好吗 -不好 |
[24:21] | There are paparazzi on my lawn, | 我家草坪上都是狗仔 |
[24:23] | So I guess that entitles me to half off on US Weekly. | 我的大名可能已经上《美国周刊》了 |
[24:28] | I’ve been trying to call you. | 我一直在给你打电话 |
[24:31] | I had my phone off. | 我关机了 |
[24:33] | You talk to Stephen yet? | 你和斯蒂芬联系过吗 |
[24:35] | No. | 没有 |
[24:38] | They want me to come down for a press conference. | 他们想让我去新闻发布会 |
[24:41] | Well, you know if you don’t, they’re gonna toss him on the bonfire. | 如果你不去 他的处境会举步维艰的 |
[24:47] | You know, I’m not that hurt. | 你知道吗 我没那么伤心 |
[24:48] | I’m not even that surprised. | 甚至没那么吃惊 |
[24:52] | It’s just so humiliating, you know. | 我只觉得很丢脸 |
[24:57] | Tell me you didn’t know about her. | 告诉我你不知道她的事 |
[24:58] | I didn’t. | 我不知道 |
[24:59] | I did not know about her, okay? | 我不知道她的事 好吗 |
[25:03] | I’ll take the train down. | 我坐地铁过去 |
[25:05] | Will you buy me a drink after? | 然后你可以请我喝点什么吗 |
[25:09] | Of course. Hey, just call him, all right? | 没问题 但你要给他打电个话 成吗 |
[25:13] | Just call Stephen. | 给斯蒂芬打个电话 |
[25:14] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[25:28] | Deshaun Stagg. | 德肖恩·斯塔格 |
[25:30] | Be nice if they could spell his name right. | 他们能拼对他的名字 真不错 |
[25:31] | No one’s even come to get his stuff yet. | 都没人来取他的东西 |
[25:33] | It’s appalling. | 太惨了 |
[25:35] | Never happen to a white man. | 从来没在白人身上发生过 |
[25:37] | Skip it. I’m not in the mood. | 少贫了 我心情不好 |
[25:39] | What, no love, no politics? | 怎么了 无关爱情 无关政治了 |
[25:41] | What are we gonna talk about? | 那我们说什么 |
[25:42] | We’re not. You gotta get out of here | 什么都不说 你该走了 |
[25:44] | Before we both get into trouble. | 趁我们还没惹上麻烦 |
[25:48] | They’re saying it was only one shooter. What do you think? | 他们说只有一个枪手 你说呢 |
[25:50] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[25:53] | What about drugs? | 和毒品有关吗 |
[25:55] | It’s a good bet. | 想法不错 |
[25:57] | Come on, Cal, leave that shit alone. | 拜托 凯尔 别碰那东西 |
[25:59] | Close your eyes. I’m just checking out his cell phone. | 当你没看见吧 我就看看他的手机 |
[26:03] | Watch, this will be the moment they decide | 小心 他们也许正要决定 |
[26:05] | To come and pick all this shit up. | 来把他的东西都拿走 |
[26:07] | Then what are you gonna do? | 那样的话你能怎么办 |
[26:09] | Write some articles, get me my job back? | 写几篇报道 把我的工作讨回来 |
[26:11] | You know I will. | 你知道我会的 |
[26:13] | Cal? | 凯尔 |
[26:16] | Cal, for christ’s sakes, what do I tell Jack if he walks in? | 凯尔 看在上帝的份上 万一杰克进来了我怎么说 |
[26:19] | Nothing, ’cause I’m done. | 什么都不说 我搞定了 |
[26:25] | I’ll give you a hug next time, all right? | 我下次再抱你吧 好吗 |
[26:29] | Bye. | 拜 |
[26:37] | Buy me a soda? | 帮我买听汽水吧 |
[26:42] | Not diet. | 不要低糖的 |
[26:54] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[27:01] | Yo, yo, if you want to leave a message for Kippy, | 如果你想给奇皮留言 |
[27:03] | Make sure you leave your number, all right? | 一定要留下你的号码 好吗 |
[27:05] | That way I can call you back. Later for you. | 那样我才好给你回电话 回见 |
[27:10] | We’re sorry. Your call cannot be… | 抱歉 您所拨打的电话… |
[27:17] | Yo, who this? | 喂 是谁 |
[27:18] | It’s me, man. Who that? | 是我啊 伙计 你是谁 |
[27:20] | Me who? Bitch, you the one got your number blocked! | 哪个我 妈的 你是那个被封号了的 |
[27:22] | Don’t be fronting me, man. It’s Deshaun. Come on. | 别这么凶 伙计 我是德肖恩 拜托 |
[27:26] | – No. – Where you at? | -你不是 -你在哪 |
[27:27] | Who the hell gave you my number, fool? | 谁他妈给你我的电话的 蠢货 |
[27:29] | I was just talking to Kippy. | 我刚和奇皮要的 |
[27:31] | – Skippy? – Kippy, man. | -日本妓女? -是奇皮 伙计 |
[27:32] | This shit ain’t funny, trick. | 这玩笑一点都不好笑 |
[27:44] | Hi. You’ve reached Sonia Baker. | 你好 我是索尼娅·贝克 |
[27:46] | I can’t take your call right now, | 我现在不能接你电话 |
[27:47] | But if you leave your name, number, | 但如果你留下姓名和号码 |
[27:49] | And the time you called, I’ll be sure to get back to you. Thanks. | 以及来电时间 我一定给你回电 谢谢 |
[28:04] | Hi. You’ve reached Sonia Baker. | 你好 我是索尼娅·贝克 |
[28:05] | I can’t take your call right now, | 我现在不能接你电话 |
[28:07] | But if you leave your name, number, | 但如果你留下姓名和号码 |
[28:08] | And the time you called, I’ll be sure to get back to you. Thanks. | 以及来电时间 我一定给你回电 谢谢 |
[28:18] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[28:23] | Sonia Baker. | 索尼娅·贝克 |
[28:25] | We got any kind of drug angle on her? | 有她和贩毒集团的联系吗 |
[28:27] | She ever arrested or rehabbed or anything like that? | 她有过被捕或者戒毒过吗 |
[28:29] | – Who’s asking? – Me. | -谁问的 -我 |
[28:32] | You’re not on the story. | 你又没在报道这个 |
[28:34] | I gave you the Metro tapes idea, right? | 我告诉你的地铁录像点子 对吧 |
[28:36] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[28:38] | So are you trying to ruin what’s left of her reputation? | 那你还要让她仅存的名誉扫地吗 |
[28:43] | Are you doing this for Collins? | 你这是为科林斯 |
[28:45] | A little context on Sonia? | 弄点索尼娅的背景新闻吗 |
[28:49] | You gotta be kidding. | 真是扯淡 |
[29:03] | Hey, Maurice. | 莫里斯 |
[29:04] | Hey, Cal, you getting your regular? | 凯尔 还是老样子吗 |
[29:06] | Yeah. | 好 |
[29:07] | Sure. Hey, Jay! | 没问题 杰伊 |
[29:09] | I need a chili cheeseburger, a chili cheese fry, and a chili half-smoke. | 来一份红椒芝士汉堡 一份红椒芝士薯条 一份红椒半熏热狗 |
[29:14] | I got the burger on! | 汉堡马上就到 |
[29:18] | Anybody get you yet? | 你点过东西了吗 |
[29:28] | All right. You’re a hungry man, eh? | 好了 你饿坏了吧 |
[29:30] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[29:31] | How’s it going, happy? | 怎么样 高兴吗 |
[29:54] | That’s a long way to go for another soda. | 为了另一听汽水跑这么远 |
[30:00] | You want to buy something from the last bag Deshaun ever stole? | 你想买德肖恩最近一次偷的包里的东西吗 |
[30:04] | I need 500 bucks. | 我要500块 |
[30:24] | Did you get the train okay? | 地铁坐得顺利吗 |
[30:25] | What? | 什么 |
[30:26] | Did you get on the train all right? | 你地铁坐得还顺吧 |
[30:29] | Get through. Everything okay? | 出门到这 都好吗 |
[30:32] | You’re gonna make small talk? | 你打算寒暄一番吗 |
[30:40] | I will go check on the arrangements. | 我去检查安排事宜 |
[31:01] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[31:09] | It doesn’t have to be a detailed statement. | 不需要详细叙述 |
[31:12] | Short and dignified, and we’ll be out of here. | 简短庄重 我们就离开这里 |
[31:15] | Dignified. Got it. | 庄重 明白了 |
[31:26] | Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us here today. | 女士们先生们 感谢大家今天的出席 |
[31:28] | Mr. and Mrs. Collins would like to give you a brief statement. | 科林斯夫妇将要进行简短发言 |
[31:49] | Deshaun boosted this metal briefcase | 在星巴克外 德肖恩顺手牵羊 |
[31:52] | From some guy outside of Starbucks. | 搞到的这个金属公文箱 |
[31:55] | That’s what we did, you know? | 我们就是干这行的 |
[31:59] | Grab a guy’s bag and sell it back to him. | 偷了人家的包 再卖回给他 |
[32:07] | Usually we just got, like, people’s business papers and shit. | 通常我们也就偷到人们的一些商业文件之类的 |
[32:12] | This one? this one was different. | 但这次不同寻常 |
[32:46] | There was a gun in there, too, | 里面还有一把枪 |
[32:49] | And a little bag of these weird-looking bullets. | 还有一包看起来很奇怪的子弹 |
[32:54] | Did you see the guy that owned the bag? | 你看见包的主人了吗 |
[32:55] | No. | 没有 |
[32:59] | I told Deshaun we shouldn’t sell this bag back. | 我告诉德肖恩我们不该卖回这包 |
[33:03] | I mean, you know, what about the girl? | 我是说 那女孩怎么办 |
[33:05] | But he needed a fix real bad, | 但他毒瘾犯了 |
[33:09] | And he and this guy figured out a time and place. | 就和那人定下时间地点 |
[33:13] | And that was it. | 就这样 |
[33:18] | My boy never came back. | 我男人就再没回来 |
[33:21] | You took these out of the briefcase first, | 你提前把这些东西从公文箱里拿出来了 |
[33:24] | And then you called her from Deshaun’s phone. | 然后用德肖恩的手机给她打电话 |
[33:26] | Her number was there, too. | 她号码也写着呢 |
[33:29] | I figured someone had to warn her | 我想总得有人警告她吧 |
[33:31] | That this psycho was following her around. | 有个变态到处跟踪她 |
[33:35] | She just didn’t pick up. | 但是她没有接 |
[33:38] | Mr. Collins moved to staunch a growing tide | 科林斯先生今天下午站出来平息 |
[33:40] | Of hostility towards him this afternoon | 针对他的一系列猛烈攻击 |
[33:43] | When he appeared together with his… | 当他和他的… |
[33:44] | …the long line of politicians’ wives. | 一长排政治家妻子 |
[33:46] | We’ve had triumphs and disappointments, | 我们有过成功也有过失望 |
[33:48] | And we’ve both made mistakes that have caused… | 我们也都曾犯过错误并导致… |
[33:51] | …apoiogize for his affair and offer an apology to his constituents. | 为他的婚外情致歉 并向他的支持者们致歉 |
[33:56] | Can you believe this? | 你相信这个吗 |
[33:57] | We’re on six channels simultaneously. | 有六个台在同时播我们 |
[34:00] | Who might have wanted Sonia dead? | 谁可能想要索尼娅死 |
[34:03] | – What? – Is there something in her history, | -什么 -她过去做过什么吗 |
[34:05] | You know, something you haven’t told me about? | 比如一些你没告诉我过的事 |
[34:06] | Some connections that might have got her in trouble? | 一些可能会给她惹麻烦的事情 |
[34:09] | No. No, no. Wait, who… | 没有 不不 等一下 谁… |
[34:13] | Am I talking to my friend now, | 我现在是在和我的朋友 |
[34:14] | Or am I talking to a reporter? | 还是一个记者说话 |
[34:18] | I gotta be both. | 两者都是 |
[34:19] | You ever heard of a guy called Deshaun Stagg? | 你听说过一个叫德肖恩·斯塔格的人吗 |
[34:22] | No. | 没有 |
[34:23] | Was a kid. minor criminal. | 一个孩子 轻量刑事犯 瘾君子 |
[34:25] | Drug addict. got shot and killed the night before Sonia died. | 索尼娅死前一晚被枪杀了 |
[34:28] | Cal, Sonia didn’t have anything to do with drugs. | 凯尔 索尼娅肯定和毒品无关 |
[34:32] | Look, Stephen, I’m telling you things | 听着 斯蒂芬 这些事 |
[34:34] | That I haven’t even discussed with the paper. | 我还没在报社里说过 |
[34:36] | Okay, you gotta think about this. | 你好好想想吧 |
[34:38] | Who might have wanted Sonia dead? | 谁想置索尼娅于死地 |
[34:56] | Who is this man here in all the photographs where she’s crying? | 这些照片里她在向谁哭 |
[35:00] | We don’t know that yet. | 还不知道 |
[35:03] | And what was her background before she started working with Collins? | 她在为科林斯工作之前 有过什么经历 |
[35:08] | Well, she has some very random moments in her resume. | 她的简历表明 此前她的生活挺混乱 |
[35:10] | She was… she waitressed a couple times. | 当过服务员 |
[35:13] | She had a string of bad debts. | 负债累累 |
[35:15] | Shoplifting conviction two years ago. | 两年前入店行窃被抓 |
[35:17] | Don’t they do background checks on the Hill? | 国会不查人员背景吗 |
[35:19] | She wrote position papers for Collins | 他为科林斯撰写关于银行管制 |
[35:21] | About bank regulations and the SEC. | 和安全交易委员会的意见书 |
[35:23] | I mean, a lot of people thought she was a star. | 很多人都认为她是个政坛新星 |
[35:25] | She was also the lead researcher on the PointCorp hearings. | 她还是对顶点集团听证会的首席调查员 |
[35:30] | So? | 那又怎样 |
[35:33] | Stephen represents the loss of a lot of money for those guys. | 斯蒂芬的调查会让他们损失一大笔钱 |
[35:39] | Look, what if all of this is just an attempt | 这一切会不会是有人想把 |
[35:42] | To marginalize Stephen Collins? | 斯蒂芬·科林斯排挤出国会 |
[35:45] | You’ve gotta love him for it, haven’t you? | 你们得好好崇拜他吧 |
[35:47] | I mean, you give him 24 hours, body in the alley, | 这老家伙能24小时内 把一具横街尸体 |
[35:51] | And this geezer will turn it into | 变成一宗 |
[35:52] | A full-blown corporate conspiracy. | 居心叵测的联合阴谋 |
[35:54] | You don’t see any connection? | 你看不出有什么联系吗 |
[35:55] | No. | 看不出 |
[35:57] | All right. let’s go through what we know, okay? | 那咱们理一理手头的线索 |
[35:59] | The guy that was stalking Sonia Baker, | 跟踪索尼娅·贝克的那个人 |
[36:02] | He shot Deshaun Stagg and Vernon Sando. | 杀了德肖恩·斯塔格和佛农·桑多 |
[36:07] | Deshaun Stagg, of no fixed abode, he boosts a briefcase. | 居无定所的德肖恩·斯塔格偷了个公文箱 |
[36:11] | Now, in that briefcase are these photographs, | 包里是这些照片 |
[36:13] | And according to our source, a little baggie of weird bullets. | 还有线人说的 一小袋奇怪的子弹 |
[36:18] | Metro PD ballistics tell me | 主城区警局的弹道专家跟我说 |
[36:20] | The casings at the crime scene were reloads, untraceable. | 谋杀现场的弹壳被重新摆放了 无从查起 |
[36:25] | The slugs were hand cast at twice the weight of store-bought bullets, | 子弹经过手工打造 比普通子弹重两倍 |
[36:30] | X’ed for expansion. | 射程远N倍 |
[36:31] | So that means that the shooter intended to kill. | 也就是说 凶手要致人死地 |
[36:36] | Stagg and Sando were both double-tapped, | 斯塔格和桑多都身中两枪 |
[36:38] | One bullet in the spine, one in the head. that is the mark of a pro, | 分别在脊椎和头部 枪法相当专业 |
[36:41] | Or at the very least, somebody with a military background, | 至少凶手有过军事训练的经历 |
[36:44] | Perhaps even special forces. | 甚至是特种兵训练 |
[36:46] | PointCorp founded by, staffed by 100% ex-military. | 顶点集团的元老和员工 全都是退伍军人 |
[36:55] | I think that’s a connection we can’t ignore. | 种种关联 不容忽视 |
[37:01] | Chris, how long before we have to hand these over? | 克里斯 还要多久这些就得送交警方 |
[37:05] | Time to verify, consult relevant case files, | 算上核实的时间 查阅相关记录 |
[37:08] | Outside counsel, 48 hours, tops. | 咨询外部律师 最多48小时 |
[37:12] | But if this is evidence, don’t they need to see it now? | 可如果这是证据 不该马上交给警方吗 |
[37:26] | How’s he doing? | 他怎么样了 |
[37:47] | Hey, you gonna let me know if I gotta call the id team, right? | 需要呼叫认凶小组的话告诉我一声 |
[37:49] | I’ll let you know. | 会的 |
[37:55] | Walter Schroyer, army buddy of your libidinous friend, | 你那好色朋友的小战友沃尔特·施洛尔 |
[37:59] | Gives his moving tribute to Stephen Collins | 把对斯蒂芬·科林斯的马屁拍在一份 |
[38:01] | In that asswipe excuse of a paper and not to us. why? | 擦屁股的小报上 而不是在我们这 怎么回事 |
[38:05] | Platitudes, padding and fluff. | 迂腐 单调 毫无意义 |
[38:08] | I’m a journalist. I’m not a publicist. | 我是个新闻记者 不是政治宣传员 |
[38:10] | I want to bring some more people in | 我想多安排几个人 |
[38:12] | To work with you on this, Cal, | 帮你查这件事 凯尔 |
[38:13] | On the political side, people with real experience. | 在政治新闻方面有经验的人 |
[38:16] | I’m thinking Ted Moody. | 我在考虑特德·穆迪 |
[38:18] | I mean, Ted’s perfect for this. | 特德很合适 |
[38:19] | Are you taking me off the story? | 你想把我踢出去吗 |
[38:22] | No, no. not off, just off point. | 不是踢出去 是换个观察角度 |
[38:25] | If this is as big as he says it is, a big “if,” | 如果这事真像他说的这么严重 我说如果 |
[38:27] | Then it’s gonna be good for you. | 那会对你大有好处 |
[38:29] | How? how is that good? | 有什么好处 |
[38:32] | Well, watching seasoned reporters | 看看经验丰富的前辈们 |
[38:33] | That work on a big story, you know, | 怎样处理一个大事件 懂吗 |
[38:35] | Being a part of it all, you’ll learn a lot. | 在这样的团队里你能学到很多 |
[38:37] | So, Ted Moody, what do you think? | 特德·穆迪怎么样 |
[38:39] | Don’t let her do it. | 快阻止她 |
[38:40] | And, Cal, if you’re on this, I want this to be clean through and through. | 凯尔 这事交给你了 我希望能查得彻彻底底 |
[38:43] | Tell her to forget it. it’s your gig. | 快让她别说了 这是你的演出 |
[38:45] | You got it. get loud now. | 你跟我干 大声告诉她 |
[38:48] | Excuse me. you’re defending her now? | 抱歉 你在护着她吗 |
[38:50] | She’s fine. I can work with her. | 她很好 我们能合作 |
[38:52] | But, Cal, she’s inexperienced. | 可是 凯尔 她毫无经验 |
[38:55] | Inexperience isn’t fatal. | 经验算个屁 |
[38:56] | I’m not giving up the story! | 我不会退出的 |
[38:59] | I just… sorry. I just… | 抱歉 我只是… |
[39:02] | If I could just have a few more days with it, | 假如再给我几天时间 |
[39:05] | I promise you I’m not gonna let you down. | 我保证不会让您失望的 |
[39:11] | For christ’s sake. | 老天爷啊 |
[39:14] | Don’t throw those dewy cub reporter eyes at me. | 别用你那天真的水汪汪的大眼睛看着我 |
[39:16] | It’s nauseating. | 让人恶心 |
[39:21] | And fuck you very much. | 去你妈的 |
[39:22] | Pleasure. | 荣幸之至 |
[39:26] | – This is nurse Leif and myself… – the lab work’s back. | -莱夫护士和我 -又要做实验了 |
[39:28] | It’s the panel 13 you ordered? | 评审小组是你安排的吗 |
[39:29] | Yeah, well, we called for a neurologist a half hour ago. | 是的 半小时前我们请了一位精神科专家 |
[39:32] | You can’t use that phone here, sir. | 您不能在这打手机 先生 |
[39:35] | Hey. what’s up, Carnes? how you doing? | 卡恩斯什么事 你那怎么样 |
[39:38] | Yeah. yeah. | 是 是 |
[39:39] | Looks like that Sando guy’s waking up. | 看样子桑多醒了 |
[39:40] | You sending anyone over? | 你会派人来吗 |
[39:48] | You ever been to D.C. hospital? | 去过特区医院吗 |
[39:49] | No. | 没 |
[39:51] | Don’t worry about it. it’s easy. | 不要紧 很好找 |
[39:52] | All right, there’s a uniformed officer on the third floor ICU. | 三楼加护病房有个穿制服的警官 |
[39:55] | – Okay. – write it down. got a pen? | -好的 -记下来 有笔吗 |
[39:57] | – Yes. – here. | -有 -给 |
[39:59] | – I have a pen. – okay. | -我有笔的 -恩 |
[40:00] | The uniformed officer’s name is Brown. | 警官名叫布朗 |
[40:03] | – Okay. – Brown. | -OK -布朗 |
[40:04] | third floor ICU. tell him that detective Bynes, | 三楼加护病房 跟他说拜恩斯探员 |
[40:07] | B-y-n-e-s, Joe Bynes… | B-y-n-e-s 乔·拜恩斯 |
[40:09] | Okay. | 好的 |
[40:10] | All right, he cleared you for access. | 他会带你进去 |
[40:12] | Access for what? | 去哪 |
[40:14] | Vernon Sando, the pizza guy, looks like he’s coming around. | 去看那个送披萨的弗农·桑多 好像醒过来了 |
[40:17] | That’s your side of the story. | 这是你的事 |
[40:19] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[40:21] | You heard me. | 别装没听见 |
[40:23] | You want me to go and sit around in some hospital, | 你让我去坐在医院里 |
[40:26] | Waiting for a guy who looks like he might be coming out of a coma, | 等一个昏迷不醒的人恢复神智 |
[40:29] | While you clean up the rest of the story? | 而你去处理其他那些事 |
[40:33] | I mean, is that what that was all about in there? | 我是说 我只能去干这些吗 |
[40:36] | Look, this is a real story. | 听着 这是个真实的事件 |
[40:39] | It’s not open for interpretation. | 不需要解释 |
[40:41] | It does not require opinion. | 不需要意见 |
[40:43] | We got two dead bodies, and we got a guy in a coma, | 现在有两具尸体 和一个昏迷不醒的人 |
[40:47] | And we got us with a lead that nobody else has got. | 而且我们手里有个独家的线索 |
[40:49] | So you gotta make a decision, | 你得做个决定 |
[40:50] | Because I have to follow another lead tonight, | 我今晚还要去追踪另一个线索 |
[40:52] | And I cannot be in two places at one time. | 我分身乏术 |
[40:56] | So, are you gonna be okay slumming it | 现在您能屈尊去看看 |
[40:57] | To find out if Vernon Sando’s coming around or not? | 弗农·桑多是否醒过来了吗 |
[41:03] | Good. | 好样的 |
[41:05] | If we’re gonna work together, we gotta work together. | 愿意合作 才能合作 |
[41:09] | Yeah? deai? | 对吧 一言为定 |
[41:18] | All right, see you later. | 好 回头见 |
[42:06] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[42:22] | Don’t tell me you’re still lost. | 别告诉我你又迷路了 |
[42:25] | Hey, what are you doing here? | 你在这干嘛 |
[42:27] | Working. | 工作 |
[42:30] | You’re officer Brown? | 你就是布朗警官 |
[42:32] | You’re who I’m looking for. | 我就是要找你 |
[42:34] | I knew you’d come around. | 我知道你会来 |
[42:37] | How about Sando? is he coming around? | 桑多怎么样了 醒了吗 |
[42:39] | Yeah, yeah, it looks that way. | 貌似是醒了 |
[42:41] | They’re sending a detective over right now. | 他们会马上派个探员过来 |
[42:44] | Maybe get an ID. | 可能做认凶 |
[42:45] | Really? | 真的 |
[42:47] | I gotta take this. | 我得接个电话 |
[42:49] | Yeah, go ahead. | 请便 |
[42:50] | Yeah, officer Brown. | 我是布朗警官 |
[42:54] | No, sir. | 不 长官 |
[42:56] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[42:59] | My dad did warn me about poilticians. | 爸爸让我警惕那些政客 |
[43:03] | The only people he hated more was journalists. | 不过他更恨的还是记者 |
[43:09] | Smart man. | 英明 |
[43:14] | I’m making you nervous. | 我让你紧张了 |
[43:16] | You always did. | 你总让我紧张 |
[43:20] | Well, they say sex is the best way to ruin a friendship. | 他们说做爱是毁掉友情的最佳方式 |
[43:23] | They do, do they? and who’s they? | 他们说中了 是吧 他们是谁 |
[43:25] | What, cosmopolitan magazine? teen beat? | 《时尚COSMO》还是《青年一代》 |
[43:28] | Come on. | 得了 |
[43:31] | Tell me, please, it didn’t ruin ours. | 告诉我 我们的友情健在 |
[43:33] | It hasn’t ruined anything. | 一切依旧 |
[43:59] | Pulse is 82. | 脉搏82 |
[44:01] | Bp is 105 over 79, o2 sats 94. | 高压105 低压79 氧浓度94 |
[44:05] | He seems stable. | 看起来很稳定 |
[44:06] | Okay, let’s do another blood work-up, cbcs… | 好 咱们再查查血常规 |
[44:09] | – Miss, you cannot be in here. – I’d just like to | -小姐 您不能进来 -我只想 |
[44:11] | – Ask him a couple of questions. – miss, please! | -问他几个问题 -小姐 请您出去 |
[44:13] | – No, I’m sorry. – come on. look. | -不行 抱歉 -来 |
[44:14] | You know you’re not supposed to be in here. | 你不能进来的 |
[44:16] | I know. I just… | 我懂 我只是 |
[44:21] | Get on the ground! | 快趴下 |
[44:25] | Stand back! stay down. | 退后 趴下 |
[44:45] | That’s a colleague of mine. I’m gonna have to go. | 是同事 我得走了 |
[44:48] | I’m really sorry. I’ll see you soon. | 真抱歉 回头见 |
[44:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[44:59] | Let him through. blockade, let him through. | 让他过去 让他过去 |
[45:01] | Hey, Ricky! | 瑞奇 |
[45:03] | Let him through. | 让他过去 |
[45:09] | Della! | 黛拉 |
[45:14] | You okay? you all right? | 你还好吗 没事吧 |
[45:20] | – Della, tell me that’s not yours, right? – what is it? | -黛拉这不是你的吧 -什么 |
[45:23] | It’s just a littie bit of blood. | 只是点血 |
[45:24] | It’s all right. I got it, I got it, I got it. | 没事的 弄掉了 好了 好了 |
[45:26] | It’s okay. | 没事了 |
[45:29] | It’s okay. | 没事了 |
[45:33] | It’s all right. it’s all right. it’s all right. | 好了 好了 没事了 |
[45:38] | Oh, my god, Cal, we could have stopped this! | 天呐 凯尔 我们本可以阻止这事的 |
[45:41] | What, by being psychic? | 怎样 用巫术? |
[45:42] | No. we should have given the police that file. | 我们该把资料交给警方 |
[45:46] | What if there were fingerprints on the photographs? | 或许照片上有指纹呢 |
[45:50] | God, Cal, we can’t just let people get hurt like that. | 凯尔 我们不能坐视死亡而不顾 |
[45:53] | Look, it’s over. it’s all right. it’s okay. | 听着 都结束了 没事了 好了 |
[45:55] | We can’t just keep letting people get killed. | 不能再让人付出生命 |
[45:57] | No, it’s not okay. | 不 不好 |
[45:59] | It’s okay. it’s over. it’s over. | 好了 结束了 结束了 |
[46:01] | It’s over. | 都结束了 |
[46:03] | Aii right? it’s okay. | 好吧 没事了 |
[46:13] | You’re sitting on evidence in an execution homicide. | 你们私藏证据 不报告警方 |
[46:16] | How do you think that’s gonna play with the family of the guy | 你们考虑过当晚被害人家属的 |
[46:18] | That just got shot last night? | 感受吗 |
[46:19] | Chris, let’s be productive. | 克里斯 直奔主题 |
[46:20] | Hold on, I’m actually not done. | 等等 我还没说完 |
[46:21] | Our reporter made a full statement last night. | 我们的记者昨晚做了完整的声明 |
[46:24] | What, you had these when? | 你们什么时候得到这些 |
[46:25] | Cam, don’t answer that! | 卡姆 别回答 |
[46:26] | When did you have these? you want subpoenas? | 你们什么时候得到的 想要传票吗 |
[46:28] | I’ll get on the phone right now. | 我这就打电话去 |
[46:29] | We called you! we called you before we called outside counsel. | 我们给你们打过电话 在通知法律顾问之前就给你们打过 |
[46:31] | A little late. it’s a little late. | 有点晚了 有点晚了 |
[46:33] | Give me a break. | 得了吧 |
[46:39] | How you doing, Don? | 过得好吗 顿 |
[46:41] | I’m hanging in, Cal. you? | 挺得住 凯尔 你呢 |
[46:42] | Good. good. | 挺好 不错 |
[46:45] | This source have anything else I might need to do my job? | 线人还提供了其他有用的消息吗 |
[46:48] | Wait a minute. | 稍等 |
[46:50] | Nothing, all right? this was it, | 没有 就是这些 |
[46:52] | And we’ve kept it for less than a day. | 我们半天前才拿到手 |
[46:55] | Detective, until last night, we didn’t actually know what we had here. | 探员 说实话 我们昨晚才明白这些东西的意义 |
[46:59] | Bullshit. | 放屁 |
[47:01] | Who do you think I am, Bambi’s baby brother? | 你以为我是谁 天线宝宝吗 |
[47:04] | No, sir. | 不 长官 |
[47:05] | You knew exactly what you had. | 你们很清楚这些是什么 |
[47:07] | You just decided that your need was greater than ours, | 而且自认为你们比警方更需要他们 |
[47:10] | And now you have blood on your hands. | 你们对被害人负有责任 |
[47:12] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[47:13] | Detective, look. | 探员 听着 |
[47:15] | The thesis that we are pursuing | 我们追踪的新闻 |
[47:17] | Invoives a certain company that congressman Collins is investigating. | 和科林斯议员调查的一家公司有关 |
[47:21] | What, this is corporate conspiracies | 难道说这是个威胁 |
[47:24] | That threaten the highest levels? | 政坛高层的联合阴谋吗 |
[47:26] | All my years on the job, I’ve only ever seen that on tv. | 我工作这么久 只在电视上见过这种事 |
[47:29] | All the years I’ve known you, you’ve only ever watched sports on tv. | 我认识你这么久 只知道你看体育频道 |
[47:32] | So, detective, in exchange for our cooperation, | 那么 探员 作为合作的条件 |
[47:37] | Can we be assured that you will open your books to us? | 我们希望警局能把调查结果与我们共享 |
[47:39] | Quid pro quo? | 交换条件 |
[47:45] | If we decide to go public with this, we’ll give you six hours, | 如果我们想把事情公布于众 提前6小时通知你们 |
[47:48] | But that’s the end of it. | 不过得等到结案 |
[47:49] | This is an open homicide investigation. | 这件谋杀案还在查办中 |
[47:51] | You slow us down, endanger the public | 要是你们进一步 |
[47:53] | Any more than you already have, | 延误调查 危及公共安全 |
[47:54] | It won’t be pretty. | 那就不妙了 |
[47:56] | For the record, I’m still not happy | 我郑重声明 我对你们呈交 |
[47:57] | The way you presented the evidence. | 证据的方式十分不满 |
[47:59] | I’m just gonna put that out there. | 我会将此事向公众说明 |
[48:05] | Police gossip being what it is, | 警界小道消息就是这样 |
[48:06] | I’m guessing that even Entertainment Tonight | 不出48小时就连《娱乐今宵》 |
[48:08] | Will know as much as we do within 48 hours. | 都会和我们掌握得一样多 |
[48:11] | So we’ve gotta have something solid today. | 所以今天 我们必须得到些确凿的事实 |
[48:14] | That means no assumptions, no unnamed sources. | 不是什么假设或是小道消息 |
[48:16] | Not fast and loose. I want this thing wrung out. | 不要草率行事 要打破沙锅问到底 |
[48:20] | Damned if we can’t do a better job of it than those cops. | 不信干不过条子 |
[48:25] | Della, how are you? | 黛拉 你怎么样 |
[48:28] | I’m good. | 我很好 |
[48:29] | – Yeah? – mmm-hmm. | -真的 -恩 |
[48:31] | Good, okay. | 好 |
[48:32] | Well, you take Sonia Baker, okay? | 那你去调查索尼娅·贝克 |
[48:33] | I want to know everything that we can about her, | 要对她知根知底 |
[48:35] | Who she knew, who she blew, the color of her knickers. | 她认识谁 甩过谁 还有内裤的颜色 |
[48:38] | – Got it. – PointCorp? | -明白 -顶点集团呢 |
[48:41] | Okay. Hank and Pete, you work with Cal. | 汉克和皮特 你们俩帮凯尔 |
[48:42] | Cool. | 好的 |
[48:43] | The rule on this one is discretion. | 一定要慎重 |
[48:45] | This is not a good subject for gossip over drinks at the Monocle, | 这可不是政客们在单片眼镜餐厅里酗酒的八卦消息 |
[48:49] | Or spliffs in the stationery cupboard, you. | 也不是在谁的储物柜里发现大麻的小道新闻 听见了吗 |
[48:53] | I’m offended, truly. | 干嘛针对我 |
[48:54] | Well, be offended. | 就是针对你 |
[48:56] | Go downstairs, get your stuff, bring it in here, | 到楼下叫你的人上来 |
[48:58] | Because this is your new home. | 这是你的新基地 |
[49:00] | Go on! | 快点 |
[49:02] | Okay! Yes, yes, yes. Speed of light. | 好的 是 是 飞速上来 |
[49:11] | Cal? Any confiict of interest here? | 凯尔 有利益之争吗 |
[49:17] | No. | 没有 |
[49:20] | Perhaps this is a good opportunity | 或许这是一次好机会 |
[49:22] | To address another issue that’s been discussed | 提出另一个已经讨论过的话题 |
[49:24] | During these hearings, your price structure. | 在听证会期间 你的价格结构 |
[49:27] | Surely, and I thank you for giving me | 真的很感谢你能给我这个机会 |
[49:30] | An opportunity to touch on that today. | 来阐述这一事实 |
[49:33] | Our price structure follows the Defense Department model | 我们的价格结构 |
[49:35] | As established in the first Gulf War, | 早在第一次海湾战争的时候就建立了 |
[49:38] | Adjusted, of course, for inflation. | 通货膨胀的时候调整过 |
[49:40] | Happily, what’s costing us so much this time around | 欣慰的是 最近大笔的开销 |
[49:44] | Are some incredible advances in on-field medical care. | 是由于战场医疗取得了巨大进步 |
[49:48] | But, simply, we’re now keeping more… | 但是 很简单 我们现在拥有更 |
[49:50] | Sir, I’m sorry. Just… | 先生 对不起 |
[49:52] | When you were in the military, did you see any combat duty? | 你在军队的时候 你见过作战任务没 |
[49:54] | – No, sir, I did not. – No. | -没见过 先生 我没见过 -没有 |
[49:56] | Do you think if you had, you might see things differently? | 如果你见过了 你会不会有不同的见解 |
[49:58] | We’re all aware of your war record, Congressman. | 议员 你的战绩我们都了解 |
[50:00] | I’m not talking about my record. | 我说的不是我的战绩 |
[50:01] | I’m talking about the numerous allegations of atrocities | 而是那些所谓顶点集团及其附属承包公司 |
[50:05] | Committed by PointCorp and its subsidiary contractors | 在伊拉克和阿富汗 |
[50:08] | Against the civilian population in Iraq and Afghanistan. | 对平民施以暴行的断言 |
[50:11] | Those are unsubstantiated allegations. | 那都是未经证实的假话 |
[50:14] | Okay. This is straightforward. | 好 这很直率 |
[50:16] | Since a war on terror was declared, | 自从宣称有恐怖袭击 |
[50:20] | Has your personal net worth gone up by more than $250 million? | 你的个人净资产是不是上涨到2.5亿美元? |
[50:30] | Straightforward question. | 请根据事实回答 |
[50:32] | Excuse me, I was told that personal financial data | 抱歉 既然是个人财政数据 |
[50:35] | Would not be addressed in open session. | 就不便在公开会议中提及 |
[50:38] | Adapt. | 改而适应 |
[50:42] | Isn’t that your slogan? | 难道这不是你的口号吗 |
[50:44] | ”Adapt and Achieve?” | 改而适应 进而成功 |
[50:46] | It’s on the brochure here. | 就在这个宣传册上 |
[50:50] | “Commoda et Confice.” You have it in Latin. | “改而适应 进而成功” 你还用拉丁语写的 |
[50:53] | Your point being? | 你的意思是? |
[50:54] | Putting war in the hands of mercenaries | 将战争的利刃交予 |
[50:57] | And those who consider it a business | 视战争为商业的势利之徒 |
[50:59] | Is a contradiction in terms in any language. | 就各种语言来说 都是一种讽刺 |
[51:01] | May I remind you, sir, that the wars | 需要我提醒你吗 先生 |
[51:04] | This country fought, that defined it, | 我们国家的战争 被定义为 |
[51:06] | Were fought despite what they cost, not because of it. | 不惜一切代价而战 绝非为了牟利而战 |
[51:09] | I didn’t come here for a lesson in morality, Congressman. | 我来这里不是来听你讲道理的 议员 |
[51:12] | No, I expect you didn’t. | 是 我也希望你不是 |
[51:15] | Well, especially from you. | 尤其是听你讲 |
[51:17] | The men who work for PointCorp, | 为顶点集团效力的人 |
[51:19] | The men you dishonor by calling them mercenaries | 被你不敬称为势利之徒的人 |
[51:21] | Are, by and large, retired American military personnel. | 基本上全是退役的美国军职人员 |
[51:28] | It’s a great system, isn’t it? | 伟大的体系 不是吗 |
[51:30] | We pay to train these men, and you get rich by killing them. | 我们花钱训练他们 你为了赚钱让他们送死 |
[51:44] | PointCorp, well, they’re on a roll. | 顶点集团 发展势头如火如荼 |
[51:47] | They just bought 60,000 acres to expand their facility. | 他们刚刚购买了6万英亩土地 扩大规模 |
[51:50] | – 60,000 acres. – Yeah. | -6万英亩? -是的 |
[51:51] | Where? | 在哪 |
[51:52] | In Conway, North Carolina. | 北卡罗来纳州 康威 |
[51:54] | The locals call it Little Baghdad. | 当地人称它为小巴格达 |
[51:57] | Not so little. | 但并不小 |
[51:59] | They’ve also got some interesting real estate locally. | 更有趣的是还从当地获得了的房地产权 |
[52:03] | Offices at the Watergate building. | 就是水门大厦的办公室 |
[52:06] | Check that out. | 看一下 |
[52:07] | “Medal of Freedom Initiative.” What’s that? | “自由勋章倡议” 什么来头 |
[52:10] | It’s a lobbying interest. | 是游说权益 |
[52:12] | Yeah, according to the website, | 是啊 根据网站介绍 |
[52:14] | MOFI, Medal of Freedom Initiative, | MOFI “自由勋章倡议”的缩写 |
[52:15] | Is an umbrella group for a bunch | 是私人军火商的 |
[52:17] | Of these private defense contractors. | 保护伞 |
[52:20] | You know, they lobby a little, party a little, kill things. | 他们搞点游说 建点组织 犯点案子 |
[52:25] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[52:27] | We went down there. The place is totally empty… | 我们实地看了看 那里空无一人 |
[52:30] | Like they’re just waiting for all their new recruits. | 好像在等待新员工的到来 |
[52:32] | Did they outsource to Mumbai or something? | 他们是让孟买或什么地方外包吗 |
[52:34] | Or are they just getting ready for an expansion? | 还是已经准备好扩张 |
[52:38] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[52:41] | This is Della Frye. I’m a reporter over at the Globe. | 我是黛拉·弗莱伊 环球报刊记者 |
[52:44] | You were Sonia Baker’s attorney | 你是索尼娅·贝克店内偷窃 |
[52:46] | On her shoplifting case, correct? | 案件的律师吗 |
[52:49] | Did Dominic give you my number? | 多米尼克给你的号码对吗 |
[52:54] | Yes, how do you know Dominic? | 是的 你怎么认识的多米尼克 |
[52:57] | Well, I’m sorry. This really isn’t appropriate. | 对不起 这似乎不太对劲 |
[53:01] | Hey, Michael, I need someone to help me dig | 你好 迈克 我需要人帮我 |
[53:04] | A little deeper into PointCorp. | 再深挖一下顶点集团的底细 |
[53:06] | I need somebody on the inside, | 我需要内部的人 |
[53:08] | Somebody who knows the way they operate. | 深知他们运作方式的人 |
[53:14] | She owed everybody money. | 她欠着一屁股债 |
[53:16] | Oh, god, that’s how she always walked around, | 天啊 那就是她穿着内衣 |
[53:19] | In her underwear. | 四处游荡 |
[53:22] | – Yeah! – You moved. you can’t move. | -好啊 -你动了 你不该动 |
[53:23] | Hi! hi, yes, yes. | 好 好 我动了 |
[53:24] | Who is this? he looks famiiiar. | 他是谁 看起来好眼熟 |
[53:27] | Dominic Foy. he’s a friend of Sonia’s. | 多米尼克·佛伊 是索尼娅的朋友 |
[53:30] | Dominic. | 多米尼克 |
[53:31] | Hey, Michael, it’s Cal. so what did you find out? | 迈克 我是凯尔 你有什么发现 |
[53:37] | – Hi. Mr. Statler? – yes? | -你好 斯塔特勒先生吗 -什么事 |
[53:39] | Yes, I’m from the globe. | 我是环球报刊的 |
[53:40] | I’m writing an article on the death of Sonia Baker, | 我要写一篇关于索尼娅·贝克死因的文章 |
[53:43] | And I just wanted to… | 我就想… |
[53:45] | And he was, like, high up in PointCorp? | 他曾经是顶点集团的要人吗 |
[53:47] | Hi. Della Frye from the washington globe. | 你好 黛拉·弗莱伊来自华盛顿环球报刊 |
[53:51] | I… could I speak to you? Please don’t… | 我能跟你谈谈吗 请别… |
[53:53] | Yes, I’m still holding ’cause that’s what I do. that’s what I like to do. | 我一直在坚持 因为我喜欢坚持 |
[53:58] | Sonia Baker’s ex-roommate, Rhonda Silver. | 索尼娅·贝克曾经的室友 朗达·西维尔 |
[54:00] | Nobody’s got her yet. | 还没有人找到她 |
[54:02] | She changed her name a couple times in the past year. | 在过去几年里 她改了几次名字 |
[54:05] | How’d you get it? | 你是怎么拿到的 |
[54:07] | I had to agree to go on not one, | 我同意与一个可爱的男士维克 |
[54:09] | But two dates with a sweaty guy named Vic. | 约了两次会 |
[54:14] | Don’t even ask me. | 别多问了 |
[54:16] | Hey, Bob, it’s Cal. | 你好鲍勃 我是凯尔 |
[54:17] | Want to run a social security number for me? | 你能不能帮我查一个社保号码 |
[54:27] | Rhonda silver’s number. | 朗达·西维尔的号码 |
[54:29] | Did we just break the law? | 我们是不是违法了 |
[54:31] | Nope, that’s what you call damn fine reporting. | 没有 那就是你所谓的正常报道 |
[54:33] | – Your pen. – keep it. | -你的笔 -留着用吧 |
[54:36] | – You’re weicome! – Thank you! | -不客气 -谢谢 |
[54:41] | Hi. is Rhonda there, please? | 你好 请问朗达在吗 |
[54:44] | I’m actually an old friend of Rhonda’s from school. | 实际上 我是她学校的老朋友 |
[54:46] | I’m in town for the day, and I thought maybe I’d stop by and see her. | 我今天经过城里 觉得也许可以过去看看她 |
[54:50] | Do you think I could show up at her work? | 请问我可不可以去她上班的地方 |
[54:52] | Would that be all right? | 那样好吗 |
[55:08] | Actually, sir, can I call you back? | 先生 我一会再打给你 |
[55:13] | That page and the next page. | 那张 还有下一张 |
[55:15] | This guy, Jerry Symes, local politician, | 这个人 杰瑞·西姆当地的政客 |
[55:18] | He campaigns against the expansion, | 他参加了反对扩张运动 |
[55:19] | And then he dies in a freak car accident. | 在一场离奇车祸中死了 |
[55:21] | All right, what does ”freak car accident” mean? | 好的 什么叫离奇车祸 |
[55:24] | Middle of the day… he’s driving on the open road… | 中午的时候 在开阔的路上 |
[55:25] | No witnesses. …30 miles an hour… | 没有目击者 时速30英里 |
[55:27] | Perfect weather, no skid marks. …car turns over. | 晴朗的天气 轮胎没有滑痕 但车却翻了 |
[55:28] | And the police think it might be sleep apnea. | 而警察认为可能是睡眠窒息 |
[55:31] | Cal. sorry, I really need to talk to you. | 凯尔 抱歉 我想和你说点事 |
[55:36] | What do you got? | 什么发现 |
[55:38] | So, I was looking for images of Sonia | 我在城市安全录像中 |
[55:39] | In the metro security footage, right? | 找索尼娅的时候 |
[55:42] | And 20 seconds after she went into the blind spot, this guy appears. | 进入盲点20秒后 这个家伙出现了 |
[55:47] | Okay? | 看到了吗 |
[55:51] | I think that I saw him last night at the hospital. | 我想昨晚 在医院看见他了 |
[56:01] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[56:17] | Michael, it’s Cal. | 迈克 我是凯尔 |
[56:18] | Your PointCorp insider, I need to meet him, now. | 你找的顶点集团的内线 我需要马上见见他 |
[56:53] | I want you to know something. | 我想让你知道 |
[56:54] | I love my country. | 我很爱我的国家 |
[56:56] | I love the military. | 我爱军队 |
[56:57] | My aim here is to save them. | 我来这的目的是要拯救他们 |
[56:59] | You understand my terms? | 知道我的条件吧 |
[57:00] | I will not give you my name. | 我不会告诉你 我的名字 |
[57:01] | I will not give you my rank in the PointCorp military structure, | 我在顶点集团军队机构里的头衔 |
[57:04] | Or the in and out dates of my service. | 和我的服役时间 |
[57:05] | Understand. | 明白 |
[57:08] | I’m looking for a guy that PointCorp | 我在找顶点集团里 |
[57:10] | Are using on a covert operation. | 一个正在执行秘密行动的人 |
[57:12] | Total deniability. | 完全无从查起 |
[57:13] | Our mutual friend at DOD thought | 我们在国防部共同的朋友认为 |
[57:16] | You might be able to help us find him. | 也许你可以帮我们找到他 |
[57:19] | I don’t know. I’ll check it out. | 我不知道 但是我会查的 |
[57:24] | So, what’s your understanding of the PointCorp MO? | 你怎么看待顶点集团的医疗官员 |
[57:28] | Their MO? | 他们的医疗官员 |
[57:29] | They do whatever the hell they want. | 他们为所欲为 |
[57:31] | These soldiers are answerable to no one. | 那些士兵对任何人都只字不提 |
[57:34] | They’re loyal to nothing but a paycheck. | 他们只忠实于支票 |
[57:36] | It’s the Muslim terror gold rush. | 好比穆斯林恐怖行动是场淘金热 |
[57:39] | – You’ve been watching these hearings? – yeah. | -你关注过听证会吗 -看过 |
[57:41] | So, the head of the committee there, Stephen Collins… | 委员会的领导人斯蒂芬·科林斯… |
[57:43] | He’s finished. | 他完蛋了 |
[57:44] | They’ll just keep knocking him down until he goes away. | 他们会不断的打击他 直到他离开 |
[57:47] | Do you have any idea what he’s threatening here? | 你知道他会对这里造成多大威胁吗 |
[57:49] | This is $30 or $40 billion annually. | 这里每年有300到400亿的资金 |
[57:52] | That’s wrath of god money. | 那就是金钱的愤怒 |
[57:54] | The hearings are saying 3 or 4. | 但是听证会只说三 四个亿 |
[57:56] | Overseas. the real money is what PointCorp | 在海外账户 那才是在国内开始运营的 |
[57:59] | Stands to make in its domestic operations. | 真正资金来源 |
[58:02] | I wasn’t aware that they had any. | 我不知道他们会有海外账户 |
[58:04] | Who was sent in for crowd control after Hurricane Katrina? us. | 卡特里娜风暴后谁被派来控制群众 我们 |
[58:08] | Private security contractors deputized | 被指定为私人安全保障承包商 |
[58:10] | To shoot at American citizens. | 朝美国公民开枪 |
[58:13] | Who’s training Chicago police on new interrogation techniques? | 是谁教授芝加哥警察新的审讯技巧的? |
[58:17] | Soon, PointCorp will take over from the NSA | 很快顶点集团就会接管国家安全局 |
[58:20] | On phone taps, terrorist databases, all of it. | 监管通讯 恐怖分子数据库 所有一切 |
[58:23] | It’s a fundamental restructuring | 从最基础的开始重建 |
[58:25] | Of domestic intelligence policy. | 国内情报政策 |
[58:28] | It is the privatization of homeland security. | 使国家安全私人化 |
[58:31] | Billions and billions of dollars. | 数以亿计的美元 |
[58:34] | Now you really think they’re gonna forfeit all that | 你觉得他们会全部被没收吗 |
[58:36] | Because some hero from the seventh district | 就因为在宾夕法尼亚第七街区的 |
[58:38] | Of Pennsyivania thinks that they should? | 某个逞英雄的家伙认为钱应该没收吗 |
[58:43] | I just got told by a former PointCorp employee | 以前在顶点集团里的一个雇员 |
[58:46] | That they have a plan to monopolize domestic security | 称他们有一个计划要垄断国内安保 |
[58:49] | That’s worth about $40 billion a year. | 年收入400亿美元 |
[58:51] | Is that true? | 是真的吗 |
[58:52] | – Yes. – How? | -是的 -怎么会 |
[58:54] | You cannot connect anything that I tell you back to me. | 告诉你 但你不能说是我说的 |
[58:57] | – You understand? – of course. | -懂了吗 -当然 |
[58:58] | Okay. | 好的 |
[59:00] | Last year, 47 companies bid on major homeland security contracts. | 去年47家公司投标竞争国家安全合同项目 |
[59:03] | Of those, 16 companies were granted the bids. | 在这些公司中 有16家公司竞标成功 |
[59:06] | Of those, I could make connections between 14 companies, | 其中 我可以和14家取得联系 |
[59:10] | And I’m not just talking about someone leaving one company | 我不奇怪某人离开一家公司 |
[59:12] | And go work for another. | 然后去另一公司上班 |
[59:13] | I’m talking about shared banking practices. | 我奇怪的是他们共享银行业务 |
[59:15] | I’m talking about collusive behavior. | 我觉得是共谋的行为 |
[59:17] | Now, my belief is, when all’s said and done | 我相信等所有的言论及事情办妥 |
[59:20] | And when the veil is pulled away, | 当这层面纱揭开 |
[59:22] | You will not see 14 individual companies. | 你看到的不是14个独立公司 |
[59:26] | You will see one company. you understand? | 你会看到的是一家公司 懂吗 |
[59:31] | And you’ve been digging around | 而你一直在深挖 |
[59:33] | Trying to make those connections clear. | 弄清他们之间的联系 |
[59:34] | Yeah. that’s right. | 就是这样 |
[59:37] | And Sonia was working on that? | 索尼娅也跟此事有关吗 |
[59:39] | She was my lead researcher. | 她是我的首席研究员 |
[59:41] | She was invoived in everything we did. | 她参与了所有的事情 |
[59:43] | They’re gonna get you, Stephen, one way or another. | 他们会治你的斯蒂芬 任何方式 |
[59:46] | They got 40 billion good reasons to want you out of the way. | 他们有400亿 足以让你消失 |
[59:49] | You gotta go on the record. | 你继续公开发布 |
[59:51] | Swing the spotlight back on them. | 让他们成为公众的中心 |
[59:52] | You gotta protect yourself, man. | 你要保护你自己 老兄 |
[59:56] | You go out there and find me evidence | 你出去帮我找索尼娅的死 |
[1:00:00] | Linking Sonia’s death to PointCorp. | 与顶点集团有关的证据 |
[1:00:05] | I will go on the record. | 我会继续公开发布 |
[1:00:07] | I will shout this thing from the rooftops. | 我会将这事昭然于世的 |
[1:00:11] | I can do that. | 我能办到 |
[1:00:16] | All right. I gotta get back. I’ll be in touch. | 好了 我该回去了 我们再联系 |
[1:00:20] | – Stephen. – yeah? | -斯蒂芬 -什么事 |
[1:00:22] | Just watch your back. | 多加小心 |
[1:00:24] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[1:00:35] | Hi. is Rhonda here? | 你好 朗达在这儿吗 |
[1:00:37] | Yeah, she’s just right over there. | 在 她就在那 |
[1:00:41] | I’m walking on sunshine | 我在阳光下漫步 |
[1:00:45] | I’m walking on sunshine | 我在阳光下漫步 |
[1:00:50] | And don’t it feel good | 感觉真棒 |
[1:00:53] | Cal, you’re not gonna believe what Sonia’s old roommate just told me. | 凯尔 你不会相信索尼娅的前室友告诉我什么 |
[1:00:57] | You’re right. I don’t beiieve a word of it. | 是的 我一个字也不信 |
[1:01:00] | You got no corroboration, no independent witness, | 你还没有证实 没有可靠的目击者 |
[1:01:02] | And she obviousiy has a financial motivation. | 而且很明显她有金钱动机 |
[1:01:04] | We’ve got Sonia Baker’s roommate claiming | 我们有索尼娅·贝克室友的陈词 |
[1:01:06] | She had a threesome with Stephen Collins, | 说与斯蒂芬·科林斯有三人的竞赛 |
[1:01:08] | And you want to ignore that? | 你想忽略这一点吗 |
[1:01:09] | I am not saying ignore it. I am saying consider it. | 我没说忽略这件事 我会考虑的 |
[1:01:12] | Consider how it impacts everything else we have, | 关心它如何影响我们其他的新闻 |
[1:01:14] | And consider that she is full of shit! | 关心她说的是不是都是屁话 |
[1:01:16] | Yeah, but, Cal, she’s also saying | 是啊 但是凯尔 她还说 |
[1:01:18] | That Stephen paid off Sonia’s $40,000 credit card debt. | 斯蒂芬为索尼娅支付了4万美元的信用卡债务 |
[1:01:22] | That is a story. | 这条消息有料 |
[1:01:23] | Somebody’s gonna put that on the front page. | 有人会把它放到头条上 |
[1:01:25] | Okay, is that the right thing to do? | 这就是当务之急吗 |
[1:01:28] | Look, it’s your half of the story. it’s your scoop. | 这是你获得的新闻 你的独家报道 |
[1:01:31] | Your decision. do whatever you want. | 你自己决定 随便你 |
[1:01:44] | But I do know that Stephen and I | 但我清楚的是 我和斯蒂芬 |
[1:01:47] | Have been through far too much together | 已经共同经历过许多事情 |
[1:01:50] | To make this one moment the thing that defines us forever. | 足以让这一时刻 鉴证我们的永恒 |
[1:02:10] | I tried to call. | 我本来打电话你的 |
[1:02:12] | I mean, I actuaiiy did call about 1 2 times, but I hung up every time. | 事实上我打了12次 但每次都挂了 |
[1:02:17] | Well, you know, I’m glad you dropped by, | 你知道 很高兴你能来我家 |
[1:02:21] | cause I’ve been wanting to talk to you. | 因为我一直想和你聊聊 |
[1:02:27] | Remember you brought that girl from Humboldt? | 还记得你从洪堡带来的女孩吗 |
[1:02:30] | Soleil, or whatever her name was. | 苏蕾还是什么名字来着 |
[1:02:31] | Luna. | 露娜 |
[1:02:33] | Luna. that’s right. | 露娜 对 |
[1:02:36] | And you two were stoned the whole time. | 你们两个喝得烂醉 |
[1:02:39] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[1:02:40] | You managed to flip the boat, and we lost everything. | 你把船翻了底朝天 我们掉了所有的东西 |
[1:02:42] | We had to walk the rest of the way… | 我们不得不步行回去… |
[1:02:43] | We flipped the boat? | 我们弄翻了船? |
[1:02:44] | You did. | 是的 |
[1:02:46] | It was an adventure. | 这真是场冒险 |
[1:02:48] | That’s what you kept saying. | 你总是这么说 |
[1:02:51] | Irish wine. | 爱尔兰酒 |
[1:02:52] | Whiskey? | 威士忌? |
[1:02:54] | – Cheers. – slainte. | -干杯 -干杯(盖尔语) |
[1:03:02] | – So… – so… | -所以… -所以… |
[1:03:05] | – I’ve been… – I wanted to ask… | -我已经… -我想问… |
[1:03:07] | – Sorry. – you first. | -抱歉 -你先说 |
[1:03:11] | I was wondering, | 我想问 |
[1:03:15] | Do you think stephen could have pulled together $40,000 without you knowing? | 你觉得斯蒂芬能够瞒着你取出4万美金吗? |
[1:03:20] | What? | 什么 |
[1:03:21] | Well, it’s a story that might break | 有消息说 |
[1:03:22] | That basically accuses stephen of doing something | 斯蒂芬做了一些什么事情 |
[1:03:25] | That would require his having access to a large amount of cash. | 那件事情需要用到一大笔现金 |
[1:03:30] | I was just wondering, could he do that? | 我想知道 这有可能吗 |
[1:03:32] | A story that might break? | 有消息说? |
[1:03:34] | You mean something that you’re involved in? | 你参与这件事了吗 |
[1:03:36] | – Indirectly. -what are you doing? | -间接地 -你想做什么 |
[1:03:38] | I’m trying to help stephen. I’m trying to protect you. | 我想帮助斯蒂芬 我想保护你 |
[1:03:41] | Bullshit! | 一派胡言 |
[1:03:45] | You always do this. | 你总是这样 |
[1:03:48] | Sometimes I feel like we all made this deal, | 有时候我觉是我们共同达成了某项协议 |
[1:03:52] | And it works out great for you and stephen, and not for me. | 可它对你和斯蒂芬都没问题 我却不行 |
[1:03:56] | And instead of us just figuring it out, | 我们并没有尝试解决问题 |
[1:03:57] | You guys are just fine walking around as if nothing ever happened. | 你们反而装作什么都没有发生过 |
[1:04:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:04:12] | Okay, let’s start over. | 好吧 让我们重新开始 |
[1:04:14] | I come here to tell you that I’m thinking | 我来这里是为了告诉你 |
[1:04:15] | About walking away from my marriage, | 我打算放弃我的婚姻 |
[1:04:17] | And you say what? | 你觉得呢 |
[1:04:19] | I say it’s too late. we’re way past this. | 我觉得太迟了 我们已经回不去了 |
[1:04:24] | You made your choice. | 你已经做了选择 |
[1:04:26] | Because you wouldn’t step up. | 因为你不愿意跨出这一步 |
[1:04:27] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思? |
[1:04:30] | Not then, not now, not in college. | 过去不行 现在不行 大学时也不行 |
[1:04:35] | I’m saying that you’re asking me | 我是说 你在让我做 |
[1:04:37] | For something that’s not real. | 一件不切实际的事 |
[1:04:39] | That’s what I’m saying. | 这就是我的意思 |
[1:04:44] | Annie… | 安妮 |
[1:04:57] | We have two mortgages. | 我们有两项抵押贷款 |
[1:05:00] | We have the place in virginia. | 一处是在弗吉尼亚的房产 |
[1:05:02] | We’ve got the apartment here. | 一处是在这里的公寓 |
[1:05:04] | Basically, we spend everything we make, | 我们的收入基本上都花光了 |
[1:05:06] | So there’s no way stephen could have given anyone $40,000 | 所以斯蒂芬不可能给别人4万美元 |
[1:05:10] | Without me knowing about it. | 却不让我知道 |
[1:05:14] | – Annie… – it’s okay. | -安妮 -没关系 |
[1:05:19] | Now I’m just a source, | 现在我只是个线人 |
[1:05:22] | So the pressure’s off. | 你的压力不存在了 |
[1:05:57] | – Hello? – who’s the great-looking blonde, cal? | -喂 -那个金发美女是谁 凯尔 |
[1:06:00] | Who’s this? | 你是谁? |
[1:06:01] | Across the street. | 马路对面 |
[1:06:18] | I like your style, man. | 我喜欢你的风格 伙计 |
[1:06:21] | I got something for you. | 我有线索给你 |
[1:06:22] | And you couldn’t just ring the doorbell? | 你为什么不按门铃 |
[1:06:25] | Precautions. | 保险起见 |
[1:06:27] | The guy in the photo, I asked around. | 照片里的那个人 我打听过了 |
[1:06:30] | he’s definitely a grunt. | 他一定是个步兵 |
[1:06:31] | Buddy of mine used to see him at security trade shows. | 我的朋友在安全用品展会上见过他 |
[1:06:35] | Never knew his name, | 不知道他叫什么 |
[1:06:37] | But he worked for an old-timer called fred summers. | 不过他为一位叫弗雷德·萨门的前辈工作过 |
[1:06:40] | Does alarm installations, shit like that. | 装装报警系统 诸如此类的杂事 |
[1:06:43] | Here’s fred’s address. | 这是弗雷德的地址 |
[1:06:45] | Crystal city. | 在水晶城 |
[1:06:51] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[1:08:22] | Mr. summers? | 萨门先生? |
[1:08:33] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[1:08:34] | Who you looking for? | 你找谁? |
[1:08:37] | Fred. fred summers. do you know him? | 弗雷德·萨门 你认识他吗? |
[1:08:40] | Fred’s not here. | 弗雷德不在 |
[1:08:41] | – Oh, yeah? – uh-huh. | -是吗? -嗯 |
[1:08:43] | You live here. you’re his roommate. | 你住这儿 你是他室友 |
[1:08:44] | Sorry. okay. | 抱歉 好吧 |
[1:08:46] | Do you know where he might be? | 你知道他去哪儿了吗? |
[1:08:48] | He’s overseas. he shipped out last week. | 他出国了 他上周坐船走的 |
[1:08:49] | Overseas like… | 国外哪里 |
[1:08:51] | Look, I don’t really know what fred’s into, okay? | 我真的不知道弗雷德去哪儿了 |
[1:08:53] | He ships out, and he comes back. | 他来来去去的 |
[1:08:55] | Okay. could you pass a message? | 那成 能帮我转达一下吧 |
[1:08:58] | Take it easy. | 放心好了 |
[1:09:01] | All right. okay. | 好吧 |
[1:09:18] | Hey, joey? Cal mcaffrey. | 乔 我是凯尔·麦卡弗里 |
[1:09:20] | Yeah, yeah, shut up. listen! listen! | 对 住嘴 听着! 听着! |
[1:09:21] | Tell bill he’s gotta send some cops to 566… | 让比尔派些警察到566… |
[1:11:59] | (Foreign language) | (外语) |
[1:13:22] | – So? – no sign of the guy. | -情况如何 -没发现那人 |
[1:13:23] | Did you get a name? | 查到他的名字了吗 |
[1:13:26] | How about the apartment? you find something? | 公寓呢 有什么发现吗 |
[1:13:29] | Nothing? | 一无所获吗 |
[1:13:31] | Place belongs to a guy named fred summers, | 那个房子属于一个叫弗雷德·萨门的人 |
[1:13:33] | Except fred passed away last march. | 但是他去年三月去世了 |
[1:13:36] | Neighbors say that his nephew stays there from time to time | 邻居们说他的外甥有时会住那 |
[1:13:39] | While the probate is being worked out. | 可是我们查了遗嘱 |
[1:13:41] | Except he doesn’t have a nephew. | 他根本没有外甥 |
[1:13:43] | You’re catching on fast. | 你真聪明 |
[1:13:46] | Cal, I thought we had an understanding. | 凯尔 我记得我们达成过共识 |
[1:13:49] | You were supposed to share your information with us. | 你应该和我们分享信息 |
[1:13:50] | Do you remember that? | 你还记得吗 |
[1:13:51] | Don, I went there to talk to a guy named fred summers, right, | 顿 我去那里找一个叫弗雷德·萨门的人 |
[1:13:56] | Who I now find out is deceased. | 我现在才知道他已经升天了 |
[1:13:58] | Do you think I would’ve gone there | 如果我知道我将撞见谁的话 |
[1:13:59] | If I knew what I was gonna be walking into? | 你觉得我还会去吗 |
[1:14:01] | Just happened to be there, huh? | 碰巧撞上了 是吗 |
[1:14:03] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:14:04] | Now, do you mind if I get back on with my story? | 现在 你介不介意我继续回到我的新闻上 |
[1:14:06] | It’s not a story. it’s a case! | 这不是新闻 是件案子 |
[1:14:09] | And… and just so you know, a girl by the name of mandi brokaw, | 还要告诉你们 一个叫曼迪·布罗霍克的女孩 |
[1:14:13] | 16, junkie, turned up dead tonight. | 16岁 吸毒 今晚死了 |
[1:14:16] | Probable homicide. | 很可能是凶杀 |
[1:14:19] | She look familiar? | 眼熟吗 |
[1:14:22] | We got her fingerprints off of those surveillance photos you so kindly gave us. | 我们从你提供的照片上发现了她的指纹 |
[1:14:30] | Hello, I’m rhonda sliver. | 大家好 我是朗达·西维尔 |
[1:14:35] | Like I said, that’s what he called ”being in committee. ” | 正如我所说的 那就是他所谓的”加入委员会” |
[1:14:41] | I know you got shot at last night, | 我知道你昨晚中枪了 |
[1:14:43] | And I know I should be making you a nice cup of cocoa, | 我也知道我应该给你泡杯好喝的可可 |
[1:14:45] | But I’m just so bloody angry! | 但我气炸了 |
[1:14:47] | I mean, the decision, I’m assuming, was that this was not news. | 我想你们觉得这不算是新闻 |
[1:14:52] | We… look, we didn’t… we were worried that… | 我们… 我们没有… 我们担心… |
[1:14:54] | It was my call, cam. all right? | 卡姆 这是我的决定 |
[1:14:57] | I didn’t, and I don’t believe her. | 我那时不相信她 现在同样不信 |
[1:14:59] | She’s not credible. | 她不可信 |
[1:15:01] | She was just trying to sell us her sexy | 她只是想卖给我们 |
[1:15:03] | Scrapbook photos of her friend, sonia baker. | 她朋友索尼娅·贝克的绯闻照 |
[1:15:05] | Her dead friend. | 她死去的朋友 |
[1:15:06] | Yeah, well, why the hell couldn’t we have printed that? | 那我们为什么不能发表呢 |
[1:15:09] | A waitress comes forward with a claim about a sex scandal. | 女招待大胆揭露性丑闻 |
[1:15:12] | Great, that’s an a-1 story. | 好极了 这是第一条报道 |
[1:15:14] | Then he denies it. there’s another story. | 然后他否认 接着又一个报道 |
[1:15:15] | And then… and then one of them cracks, | 再接着… 接着他们中的一个被识破了 |
[1:15:17] | and there’s another story. | 接着又是一个报道 |
[1:15:18] | Meantime, people are reading about it, | 同时 人们在报上读到这些 |
[1:15:19] | And they’re reading us about it, | 并且他们是通过我们读到的 |
[1:15:21] | because we had it first! | 因为我们才是最先知道的 |
[1:15:22] | Except we didn’t, did we? | 可是我们没有 不是吗 |
[1:15:23] | No, no, no, ’cause some wanker decided it was beneath us. | 没有 因为某些混账觉得这有失我们的身份 |
[1:15:27] | Look at her, come on! look at her! | 看她呀 快看 快看她 |
[1:15:29] | She’s a sideshow! it’s a smear campaign. | 她不过是个小丑 这是场口水战 |
[1:15:31] | It’s exactly what these companies do | 这就是这些公司的作风 |
[1:15:33] | To destroy people who get in their way. | 消灭妨碍他们的人 |
[1:15:35] | The true story here, the real story here, is pointcorp. | 真正的新闻是顶点集团 |
[1:15:39] | The real story is the sinking of this bloody newspaper! | 真正的新闻是这个该死的报纸的衰落 |
[1:15:45] | Christ! | 老天 |
[1:15:51] | We have new management to answer to now, Cal, | 我们现在向新的管理层汇报 凯尔 |
[1:15:54] | And they are interested in sales, not discretion. | 他们感兴趣的是销售 而不是严谨 |
[1:15:57] | And how am… how am I gonna tell them | 我怎样才能跟他们解释 |
[1:15:59] | that we are now behind a story | 我们现在落后报道一则 |
[1:16:00] | We were once in front of? | 我们曾一度抢先的新闻 |
[1:16:04] | Well, we’re running with what we’ve got today. | 好 我们马上发布我们手头现有的内容 |
[1:16:07] | No! no. | 不 不 |
[1:16:11] | – You can’t do that. – why not? | -你不能那样做 -为什么 |
[1:16:12] | We’ve got more than enough to go with. | 我们就足够多的内容可以报道 |
[1:16:14] | You run with it, and you’re gonna frighten off the wlidlife. | 你一旦报道 就会打草惊蛇 |
[1:16:17] | And we haven’t got the rest of the story. | 而我们还没有掌握余下的细节 |
[1:16:18] | I do not give a shit about the rest of the story! | 我才不甩那该死的细节 |
[1:16:23] | We are going to press tonight. | 我们今晚就发 |
[1:16:27] | You’ve got eight hours. | 你们还有八小时 |
[1:16:31] | You look tired. want some coffee? | 你看起来很累 要来杯咖啡吗 |
[1:16:33] | Yeah, that’s nice. | 好 那太好了 |
[1:16:37] | Can you hold on for one second? | 你们等我一下好吗 |
[1:16:40] | George, a word with you for a minute? | 乔治 能和你聊两句吗? |
[1:16:42] | – Sure, steve. – thanks. | -当然 斯蒂芬 -谢谢 |
[1:16:45] | Listen, I just wanted you to know | 我就是想告诉您 |
[1:16:47] | My speaking up in the hearings the other day | 我那天在听证会上说的话 |
[1:16:48] | Was not meant in any way as a gesture of disrespect to you | 绝无冒犯之意 |
[1:16:53] | Or a lack of gratitude for the support that you’ve shown me. | 也并非不感激您给予我的支持 |
[1:16:58] | No, no. not at all. | 不 不 没关系 |
[1:16:59] | It was a very impressive performance. | 你表现的很出色 |
[1:17:01] | You have your passions, I understand that. | 你有些激动 我能理解 |
[1:17:03] | All right, good. well, that’s a relief to know. | 太好了 这让我如释重负 |
[1:17:06] | You have your show horses, and you have your work horses. | 说是一套 做是一套 |
[1:17:09] | I’m sure we can all find a way to get along. | 我相信我们能达成统一 |
[1:17:20] | There’s no way. | 没可能 |
[1:17:22] | There is no way we can meet that deadline. | 我们绝没可能赶得上截稿时间 |
[1:17:23] | Yes, we can. all right, guys, we’re getting our balls busted. | 我们行 好啦 伙计们 我们要自我施压 |
[1:17:26] | – What do you got? all right, the guy you had us check out, | -你查到什么 -你让我们去查的那个人 |
[1:17:28] | Dominic foy, turns out he’s a gold mine. | 多米尼克·佛伊 看起来大有文章 |
[1:17:31] | – Dominic? – foy. | -多米尼克? -佛伊 |
[1:17:32] | Right. he’s a guy I keep hearing about. | 对 我最近总是听到他的名字 |
[1:17:34] | A friend of sonia’s in all the survelliance photos where she’s crying. | 这些照片里 索尼娅对着哭诉的那个人 |
[1:17:38] | And he’s in rhonda’s cell phone shots. mmm-hmm. | 朗达手机相册里也有他的身影 |
[1:17:41] | Okay, so, is this halloween, | 好 这是万圣节吗 |
[1:17:42] | – Or is he some kind of freak? -freak. | -还是因为他是个怪人? -怪人 |
[1:17:44] | He runs a legitimate pr business. | 他经营着一家正规的公关公司 |
[1:17:46] | Handful of corporate clients. | 有大把的企业客户 |
[1:17:47] | Just likes to party on the weekends. | 他不过是喜欢在周末参加派对而已 |
[1:17:49] | Special parties. | 特殊派对 |
[1:17:50] | – Tell him the good part. – yeah, | -快告诉他好消息 -好 |
[1:17:52] | Mostly works out of the daily grill, | 他大部分时间都在高级餐馆里工作 |
[1:17:54] | But guess where his registered office is? | 但是你猜猜他的办公室注册在哪 |
[1:17:55] | – Where? – guess. | -哪儿 -猜 |
[1:17:57] | Where? | 哪儿 |
[1:17:58] | The watergate. | 水门大厦 |
[1:18:00] | Oh. not only that, suite 413. | 还不仅如此 413室 |
[1:18:02] | Same suite as the medal of freedom initiative, which is… | 和”自由勋章倡议”在同一办公室 |
[1:18:06] | The lobbying subsidiary of pointcorp. | 顶点集团的游说机构 |
[1:18:16] | Let’s get him on tape. | 搞到他 |
[1:18:17] | You want me to call rodney and get the gear? | 你要我去朗达那里拿设备吗 |
[1:18:19] | Yeah, same place. | 好 老地方 |
[1:18:20] | What… I’m sorry. | 什么…抱歉 |
[1:18:22] | You want to put him on tape? | 你想掳走他吗 |
[1:18:24] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:18:26] | What are we, cops now? | 难道我们是警察吗 |
[1:18:29] | That’s totally illegal. | 这是违法的 |
[1:18:30] | If dominic foy can connect sonia baker to pointcorp, | 如果通过多米尼克·佛伊可以把索尼娅和顶点集团联系到一起 |
[1:18:34] | He’s gonna be under a lot of pressure | 他会出于压力 |
[1:18:36] | To recant anything he might tell us, all right? | 推翻他告诉我们的话 |
[1:18:38] | So we put him on tape. that’s our insurance. | 所以我们要搞到他的人 以防万一 |
[1:18:40] | And why do you think he’s even gonna talk to you? | 你怎么知道他会愿意和你谈话 |
[1:18:42] | Because he’s scared. | 因为他害怕 |
[1:18:44] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[1:18:45] | Because I’m gonna scare him. | 因为我会去吓吓他 |
[1:19:20] | Hey, is that your cadiliac out there? | 嘿 外面的凯迪拉克是你的吗 |
[1:19:25] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:19:26] | V-8 xlr, 320 horsepower, adaptive cruise control, heads-up display? | 配置V-8发动机 320马力引擎 适应式巡航系统 前镜显示仪 |
[1:19:31] | – That’s the one. – that’s a hell of an impressive car. | -正是 -这车真拉风 |
[1:19:33] | Yes, I know. | 对 我知道 |
[1:19:36] | What do you got in your gay-rage? | 你的侧-裤里有什么 |
[1:19:40] | – Excuse me? – your gay-rage. your garage. | -什么 -你的侧裤 你的车库 |
[1:19:44] | – All right. – you drive the same thing? | -哦 -你也开这个吗 |
[1:19:45] | – No, I don’t. I have a 1990 saab. – oh. | -不 我开的是1990年的萨博 -哦 |
[1:19:49] | Yeah. I got veiour seats. | 对 我有天鹅绒座椅 |
[1:19:51] | the passenger side one’s ripped, | 后边的座椅一边已经破了 |
[1:19:53] | But it gets me from a to b, you know. | 但是它能让我到达目的地 |
[1:19:56] | Sorry to hear that. | 真遗憾 |
[1:19:57] | If only I could get a job in pr, right? | 只要我能在公关公司找到个工作 对吗 |
[1:20:04] | Who the hell are you? | 你他妈是谁 |
[1:20:05] | Do you read the newspapers, dominic? | 你看报纸吗 多米尼克 |
[1:20:08] | – Sometimes. – okay. | -有时看看 -好 |
[1:20:09] | I got something I want to run by you, all right? | -我想报道一些和你有关的故事 明白吗 |
[1:20:11] | It ain’t finished. I’m still working it up. | 还没写完 我还在修改 |
[1:20:14] | Let’s see how you feel about this. | 我想听听你的建议 |
[1:20:17] | ”dominic foy, a d.c. public relations figure | 多米尼克·佛伊 华盛顿公关届名人 |
[1:20:20] | ”with known ties to defense contractor pointcorp | 与国防承包商顶点集团过从甚密 |
[1:20:23] | ”was yesterday linked to the death | 昨天被发现 |
[1:20:24] | ”of capitol hill staffer sonia baker.” | 与国会职员索尼娅·贝克的死亡有关 |
[1:20:26] | Come on. are you a reporter? | 得了 你是个记者吗 |
[1:20:28] | This is not cool. this is definitely not cool. | 这可不好玩 一点不好玩 |
[1:20:31] | Very unprofessional. I’m just sitting here… | 十分不专业 我来这… |
[1:20:33] | Cal mcaffrey from the globe. | 环球报刊的凯尔·麦卡弗里 |
[1:20:34] | Congratulations. keep it. | 恭喜 自己留着吧 |
[1:20:36] | That’s gonna run tomorrow unless | 这明天就要见报 除非 |
[1:20:38] | You can tell me what I need to know today. | 你今天可以告诉我 我想知道的事 |
[1:20:39] | -I don’t think so. I got a car out the back. | -我不这么认为 -我在后门有辆车 |
[1:20:41] | I got a nice, safe place where you and I can talk. | 我有一个不错的 安全的地方可以谈话 |
[1:20:44] | Hey, hey, saab. I don’t know anything about anything, all right? | 萨博兄弟 我什么也不知道 |
[1:20:47] | I’m a pr guy. got it? | 我是搞公关的 明白吗 |
[1:20:49] | Be that as it may, there’s two ways this article can run, dominic. | 那篇文章 有两种写法 多米尼克 |
[1:20:53] | Without your name or with your name, | 要么写出你的姓名 要么匿名 |
[1:20:56] | And maybe even a photo from your website. | 或许还带着一张你网站上的照片 |
[1:20:59] | Now, who knows who that’s gonna piss off and how badly? | 天晓得到时候会惹怒谁 又有多严重? |
[1:21:03] | I’m trying to be your friend, dominic, all right? | 我是想和你做朋友 多米尼克 明白吗 |
[1:21:05] | I’d hate to see you end up under a train like sonia baker. | 我可不想让你落得像索尼娅·贝克那样的下场 |
[1:21:10] | And you promised never to use my name, right? | 你保证你不会写出我的名字 对吗 |
[1:21:13] | Yes, I did. | 是的 我保证 |
[1:21:14] | This place is nice? it’s classy? I’m gonna be comfortable? | 这个地方好吗 高级吗 舒适吗 |
[1:21:16] | uh-huh. | 是的 |
[1:21:37] | What kind of dump is this? | 这是什么鬼地方 |
[1:21:39] | Where have you brought me? | 你把我带来哪里了 |
[1:21:41] | No booze in the mini-bar. | 迷你吧里连酒也没有 |
[1:21:42] | There’s no on demand on the tv. | 电视没有付费频道 |
[1:21:45] | What kind of hotel is this? | 这是个什么酒店 |
[1:21:46] | Little bit more of a motel, I’d say, isn’t it? | 更像个汽车旅馆 不是吗 |
[1:21:48] | Nobody’s gonna find you here, dominic. | 在这里 没人能找到你 多米尼克 |
[1:21:50] | How are your beer-getting skills, sweet pea? | 你弄啤酒的本领怎样 伙计 |
[1:21:52] | You want to go get uncle foy a nice frosty? | 给佛伊叔叔去拿罐冰啤酒吗? |
[1:21:55] | I’ll time you. christ. | 我来计时 老天 |
[1:21:56] | So, let’s start from the beginning. | 我们从头开始吧 |
[1:21:58] | Where did you meet sonia baker? | 你在哪遇到索尼娅·贝克 |
[1:22:01] | Why don’t we start with a little compensation? | 我们干嘛不先谈谈报酬呢 |
[1:22:03] | This guy’s stoned off his face, and now he wants a beer. | 这个家伙板着个脸 现在还要啤酒 |
[1:22:06] | – Can I have one? – yeah. | -我能拿一罐吗 -行 |
[1:22:08] | What’s he taking exactly? | 他究竟在干嘛 |
[1:22:10] | Dude, downers. this guy’s losing his shit. | 伙计 可怜的人 他失去理智了 |
[1:22:14] | For what? for what? me helping you out. | 为什么 我为了帮你 |
[1:22:17] | Me losing my business. me… | 少做了生意 我… |
[1:22:20] | This bed’s disgusting. | 这张床真恶心 |
[1:22:22] | Compensate me, okay? | 补偿钱 明白吗? |
[1:22:24] | Okay, so you want to be paid to help solve sonia’s murder? | 好 你帮忙找出索尼娅的死因 需要甜头是吗 |
[1:22:28] | Save it, all right? I’m in pr. | 省省吧 我是搞公关的 |
[1:22:30] | I know a little bit about phrasing questions. | 我知道什么是文字游戏 |
[1:22:31] | Why don’t you try phrasing it like this? | 你干嘛不把话说得好听一点呢 |
[1:22:33] | Would I like to be paid for helping you get a book deal | 给我报酬 咱来个协议 |
[1:22:36] | Nobody’s here for a book deal. | 没人跟你签协议 |
[1:22:37] | Reaiiy? everybody wants a book deal. | 真的? 是人都想趁机赚一笔的 |
[1:22:39] | And I’d like my cut, okay? that’s just fair. | 我可以要价低点儿 这很公平 |
[1:22:41] | When did you meet Sonia? | 你是什么时候认识索尼娅的 |
[1:22:43] | Compensation, compensation. | 要先给点好处 好处 |
[1:22:45] | You came here to talk, Dominic. | 你来这是我问你答 多米尼克 |
[1:22:46] | You know, mouse, I’m the talent and I don’t like the vibe | 这方面我很在行的 现在气氛可不太好 |
[1:22:49] | So why don’t you change that up, okay? | 麻烦你改进一下方式 成不 |
[1:22:52] | It’s a non-smoking room. | 这个房间禁止吸烟 |
[1:22:53] | It’s under your name. | 反正用的是你的名字 |
[1:22:55] | – He’s a douche. – I love this guy. | -真是个傻逼 -我喜欢这家伙 |
[1:22:57] | I want to call my lawyer. | 我要叫我的律师 |
[1:22:59] | I think you should think that through. | 你最好好好想想 |
[1:23:01] | Can we get a signal in this rat hole? | 这破地方一格信号都没有 |
[1:23:03] | Why don’t you think it through? hmm? | 你干嘛不好好想想呢 |
[1:23:06] | Dominic, let me just iay this out for you one more time | 多米尼克 我再跟你把问题说一遍 |
[1:23:08] | Because I don’t think you’re getting it! | 因为我觉得你还没搞清楚状况 |
[1:23:09] | – So I’ii iay it out for you! – okay? relax. | -所以我再给你说一遍 -放松点 |
[1:23:11] | I’ll lay it out for you nice and clear! | 我再清清楚楚明明白白地给你说一遍 |
[1:23:14] | The newspaper can slant this any which way they want to | 报纸可以任凭主观将这事儿给报道出来 |
[1:23:17] | And they can make you the one and only principal source | 而唯一的消息来源 就是你 |
[1:23:20] | How do you think that’s gonna go down with your friends at PointCorp? | 你顶点集团的朋友们会怎么看这事儿 |
[1:23:23] | not great. | 这可不好 |
[1:23:23] | And anybody else you’re connected to? | 还有其他跟你有联系的人 |
[1:23:24] | Don’t do that. Please don’t do that. | 别这么做 求你了 千万别这么做 |
[1:23:33] | The more you talk, the more you give us | 你说得越多 你告诉我们的越多 |
[1:23:38] | The more protected you are. | 你自己就会更安全 |
[1:23:40] | That’s the way we work. | 这是我们的做事方式 |
[1:23:44] | And your compensation is your anonymity, | 而给你的好处就是 不公布你的身份 |
[1:23:47] | And that is all you’re gonna get from us. | 这就是你能从我们这得到的全部 |
[1:23:57] | Okay? | 成交? |
[1:23:58] | Yeah. Great. | 好 很好 |
[1:24:01] | Okay, how’s it going here? | 进展得怎么样了 |
[1:24:02] | Sounds frigging great. we’re just about ready. | 好得不能再好了 我们正要开始 |
[1:24:05] | – Let’s do it. – Great. good. | -开始吧 -好 很好 |
[1:24:07] | I’m not gonna do it. I’m gonna open the door | 我才不会去说 我只负责把门打开 |
[1:24:09] | And I’m gonna let you say it. | 然后你去跟她说 |
[1:24:10] | You have to talk to her. | 你必须告诉她 |
[1:24:11] | Cal is asking us to push the deadline. | 凯尔 让我们延迟交稿期 |
[1:24:13] | We really can’t afford to keep doing this type of thing. | 再三拖稿 我们可吃不起这亏啊 |
[1:24:15] | where the hell are they? | 他们在哪 |
[1:24:16] | You saying that as if I should know? | 你觉得我会知道吗 |
[1:24:18] | Yeah, weii, you just spoke to him. | 当然 你刚跟他们打过电话啊 |
[1:24:19] | Yeah, well, they didn’t tell me where they were. | 是的 不过 他们没说在哪 |
[1:24:21] | $20,000 an hour. | 每小时损失2万美元呢 |
[1:24:22] | Yeah…all right! | 没错 |
[1:24:23] | Bugger off! | 给我离远点 |
[1:24:31] | Shit. | 混蛋 |
[1:24:35] | It was just this guy, okay, | 有这么个人 |
[1:24:37] | that I knew from the club, that’ s all right, ok? | 是我在俱乐部认识的 |
[1:24:40] | And he worked for a pr firm, a very big one. | 他在一家大公关公司工作 |
[1:24:42] | – Name? and… – No, I’m not gonna give you his name. | -叫什么 -我不会告诉你的 |
[1:24:44] | He’s a friend, okay? he had this, uh… | 他是我的朋友 他… |
[1:24:47] | He had this… | 他让… |
[1:24:48] | Well, the company that he worked for had a client | 他在的那家公司有一个大客户 |
[1:24:50] | – A very speciai client. – Name? | -非常特别的一个客户 -叫什么 |
[1:24:53] | I’ll give you that one. PointCorp. | 这个可以告诉你们 是顶点集团 |
[1:24:55] | And they wanted a special employee. | 他们要找一名特殊的员工 |
[1:24:58] | They needed a girl. | 必须是个女的 |
[1:25:02] | I thought of Sonia. | 我就想到了索尼娅 |
[1:25:08] | You got that? | 听明白没 |
[1:25:12] | I’m sorry, are you saying that sonia was working for PointCorp? | 不好意思 刚才你说索尼娅为顶点集团工作? |
[1:25:15] | Like a steel trap, this one. | 是的 整个就是一个密不透风的圈套 |
[1:25:17] | Don’t lose her to another paper. | 可得牢牢抓住这篇报道啊 |
[1:25:19] | Yeah, that’s what I’m saying. | 对 我就是那么说的 |
[1:25:20] | Turn it up, turn it up. | 大点声 开大点 |
[1:25:22] | She was a perfect fit. she had balls. She was smart. | 没有人比她更合适了 很有种 又精明 |
[1:25:24] | she was in debt. | 而且身负债务 |
[1:25:26] | And she was in debt, exactly. yeah. | 她身负债务 是啊 的确是 |
[1:25:27] | They paid her $26,000 a month. | 他们每个月给她两万六 |
[1:25:30] | Whole hell of a lot more than they gave me. | 他妈的比给我的多多了 |
[1:25:32] | They paid me a flat 20. it’s big. | 他们给了我一套公寓 在20层 挺大 |
[1:25:33] | Did they tell you what the job was? | 他们有没有告诉你她去干什么 |
[1:25:34] | No, they did not. she told me what it was, though. | 没有 他们没告诉过我 不过她跟我说了 |
[1:25:36] | She told me about Collins. | 她跟我说了关于科林斯的事 |
[1:25:37] | She told me about spying on him. | 还说他们让她监视他 |
[1:25:39] | And did they want Sonia to sleep with collins? | 他们让索尼娅跟科林斯上床了吗 |
[1:25:42] | No. she got on her back all by herself | 没有 是她自己搞得事与愿违了 |
[1:25:45] | And screwed everything up, didn’t she? | 还栽了跟头 不是吗 |
[1:25:47] | How did they get her onto Collins’ staff? | 他们是怎么把她弄进科林斯的员工团队的 |
[1:25:49] | That I’m not gonna tell you. you can forget it. | 这个我不会告诉你的 你们可以把这点忘了 |
[1:25:51] | You can kidnap and torture someone else | 你们可以绑架个谁来 使劲摧残 |
[1:25:54] | for that toughie | 看能不能问出来 |
[1:25:55] | We have a deal | 我们是成交了的 |
[1:25:56] | – I’ve done my work. – nobody’s here to screw you | -能做的我已经做了 -我们不是跟你随便说说 |
[1:25:58] | But we need to know who was working this on the hill. | 我们要知道国会里是谁负责这个事情 |
[1:26:04] | From the hill, huh? well, from the hill, they found a guy to fix it | 国会? 国会…他们专门找了个人 |
[1:26:07] | – Name? – No. | -姓名? -不 |
[1:26:09] | – Who? – Leave it. | -是谁 -就这样吧 |
[1:26:11] | – Who? – Come on. | -到底是谁 -算了吧 |
[1:26:12] | What, are you not hearing me? | 你没听见我说什么吗 |
[1:26:13] | Forget it. I’d be afraid to start that sweet ass caddy every morning | 算了吧 我每天早上都担惊受怕地发动我的凯迪拉克 |
[1:26:19] | I mean, keep in mind if I was driving that wheelbarrow saab of yours, | 你要知道要是我开的是你那辆老萨博 |
[1:26:22] | I’d probably blow it up myself with me in it. | 我倒舍得被炸得车毁人亡 |
[1:26:26] | You seen that thing? It’s like a lawnmower. | 你有没有见过他那车 跟割草机似的 |
[1:26:29] | I’m gonna get you another beer. | 我再给你拿瓶啤酒 |
[1:26:32] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:26:34] | Oi. | 喂 |
[1:26:36] | Are you sleeping with that guy? | 你和那家伙上床了吧 |
[1:26:40] | I mean, what are you doing here? | 你在这里是干嘛的 |
[1:26:41] | Are you sleeping with him? hmm? | 你有跟他上床吧 |
[1:26:44] | Or you got a guy. you got a guy, right? | 还是你已经有男人了 你一定有男人了 是吧 |
[1:26:47] | Donna? | 多娜 |
[1:26:49] | – Della. – Della. | -黛拉 -黛拉 |
[1:26:51] | I got a guy. got a girl, too. | 我也有一个男人 还有一个女的 |
[1:26:55] | Right? I don’t want to leave anybody out. | 我不想冷落了谁 |
[1:26:57] | Hey, Stephen. how did you find Sonia? | 斯蒂芬 你是怎么找到索尼娅的 |
[1:27:00] | What? | 什么 |
[1:27:01] | How did she come to work in your office? | 她是怎么进你办公室的 |
[1:27:02] | Was somebody… did somebody recommend her? | 是不是有什么人推荐 |
[1:27:04] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[1:27:05] | I think you’ve been played. | 我觉得你被耍了 |
[1:27:07] | Really? | 真的? |
[1:27:08] | Who gave you her name? | 是谁告诉你她的名字的 |
[1:27:10] | What is this about? | 你这是在干什么? |
[1:27:11] | Don’t dick around about this | 别疑神疑鬼的 |
[1:27:12] | Stephen, all right, two questions. | 斯蒂芬 就两个问题 |
[1:27:13] | How the hell did she come to work in your office | 她是怎么进你办公室的 |
[1:27:15] | And the name of the individual who recommended her? | 还有 谁推荐的她 |
[1:27:20] | Fergus. George Fergus. | 费戈斯 乔治·费戈斯 |
[1:27:25] | He said she was the daughter of an old family friend. | 他说她是一位老熟人的女儿 |
[1:27:31] | Doug sponder’s bachelor party. | 道格·斯庞德的单身派对 |
[1:27:33] | You remember that hotel, the Americana | 你还记得那家旅馆吧 美国文物 |
[1:27:35] | Yes. | 记得 |
[1:27:37] | Get here now, alone. I’m in room 408. | 马上过来 一个人 我在408房 |
[1:27:45] | I’ll meet you at the office. | 我会去办公室跟你们碰面 |
[1:27:46] | Stephen, we’re late already. | 斯蒂芬 我们已经迟到了 |
[1:27:48] | I’ll call in. | 我会打电话的 |
[1:27:49] | Stephen, we are late already. | 斯蒂芬 我们迟到了 |
[1:27:51] | – I’ll call in. – okay. | -我会打电话的 -好吧 |
[1:28:02] | Don’t check your voicemail. | 别开你的语音信箱 |
[1:28:03] | Cameron’s going on a rampage about this deadline. | 卡梅隆正发飙呢 就因为延期那件事 |
[1:28:06] | So, did you cue it where I asked? | 我问到哪了 有提示吗 |
[1:28:08] | Close enough. | 差不多了 |
[1:28:09] | Okay. so, guys, I’m gonna need you to clear the room. | 好了 伙计们 这间屋子现在要清场了 |
[1:28:13] | -That means you, too. -what? | -你也得离开 -什么? |
[1:28:17] | I got Stephen Collins coming in here. | 我把斯蒂芬·科林斯叫过来了 |
[1:28:19] | It’s gonna be a lot more comfortable for him if you’re not here, allright? | 你们不在这的话他会觉得舒服点 对吗 |
[1:28:24] | Tell me you’re kidding. | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[1:28:27] | Since when does the subject of an investigation | 从什么时候开始 |
[1:28:29] | get its own private preview of another subjet interview | 我负责的案子成了你的私人事先预演了? |
[1:28:32] | That’s crazy! | 简直是疯了 |
[1:28:34] | You’re polluting the story! | 你是在毁了这篇报道 |
[1:28:36] | Special circumstance. | 有特殊情况 |
[1:28:37] | What? what? | 什么 什么 |
[1:28:40] | Is it that he’s a congressman | 是因为他是议员吗 |
[1:28:41] | or that he’s your friend? | 还是因为他是你的朋友 |
[1:28:42] | Or that you have a crush on his wife? | 还是因为你跟他妻子有一腿 |
[1:28:44] | Could you fill me in here? | 你能给我说清楚吗 |
[1:28:47] | All of the above. | 以上皆是 |
[1:28:48] | Oh, my god, you’re such a hypocrite! | 老天 你这个伪君子 |
[1:28:51] | This is my story, too | 这也是我的报道 |
[1:28:52] | and you are about to kill it by letting him come in here | 你现在把他扯进来会毁了这一切的 |
[1:28:58] | I’m gonna bring him in. | 我要把他扯进来 |
[1:29:00] | I’m gonna sit him down, show him this. | 我要让他坐在这里 给他看这个 |
[1:29:02] | I’m gonna get him on the record | 我要把他所说的记录在案 |
[1:29:04] | Then we’ve got both sides of the story. | 之后 我们就能各取所需 |
[1:29:12] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[1:29:14] | Stephen Collins, Della Frye. | 斯蒂芬·科林斯 黛拉·弗莱伊 |
[1:29:16] | Congressman. | 议员你好 |
[1:29:19] | You know this guy? | 认识这个人吗 |
[1:29:21] | No. | 不 |
[1:29:22] | You don’t recognize him at all? | 一点都不认识吗 |
[1:29:25] | I don’t know. maybe. Is this in here? | 我不知道 也许吧 这是在这里吗 |
[1:29:27] | No, no, it’s next door. he’s sleeping it off. | 不不 他在隔壁 睡着了 |
[1:29:31] | Sit down. | 坐吧 |
[1:29:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:29:38] | Pointcorp wanted to plant someone on your staff. | 顶点集团想在你的人里安插一个人 |
[1:29:42] | This guy, Dominic Foy, he finds Sonia. | 这个人多米尼克·佛伊 他找来索尼娅 |
[1:29:46] | He takes a fee. George Fergus does the rest. | 他拿了钱 之后的事情就是乔治·费戈斯的了 |
[1:29:49] | No. that’s not possible. | 不 这不可能 |
[1:29:51] | They paid off her debt | 他们帮她还清了债 |
[1:29:53] | and they paid her monthly | 每个月还给她钱 |
[1:29:54] | to reprot back Every single thing that you were doing. | 她则向他们汇报你所做的每一件事情 |
[1:29:57] | And when she went dry, they klled her for it. | 等她没用了 就把她杀了 |
[1:30:02] | How do you know this? | 你是怎么知道的 |
[1:30:07] | And so I get a call | 我接到电话 |
[1:30:08] | I gotta go down to a street corner, you know | 下了楼去街角那儿 |
[1:30:10] | I gotta buy a magazine. I gotta meet some new guy. | 我得去买杂志 去认识一些新家伙 |
[1:30:12] | This guy, you know, | 这个人 |
[1:30:13] | He’s some hardcore, thick-neck, corn-fed, | 他是狠角色 虎背熊腰 |
[1:30:15] | Navy-seal-looking guy, you know? | 很彪悍的那种 |
[1:30:17] | And he’s all up in my face, scaring the hell out of me | 他就这么站在我面前 吓得我小命都没了 |
[1:30:20] | Because he’s pissed off and… | 因为他发飙了… |
[1:30:22] | – When was this? – This is like a month ago. | -这是什么时候的事 -大概一个月以前吧 |
[1:30:24] | You know, he’s pissed off because | 他气极了 因为… |
[1:30:26] | Sonia’s not giving him anything anymore. | 索尼娅不再向他汇报了 |
[1:30:27] | And what did he want you to do about it? | 那他让你去干什么 |
[1:30:29] | He wants me to fix it. | 他想让我收拾烂摊子 |
[1:30:30] | He wants me to fix it, like one of my hair dryer | 收拾残局 说得小菜一桩似的 |
[1:30:32] | And did you? | 那你做了吗 |
[1:30:33] | I tried. | 我试过 |
[1:30:36] | I tried. I called. she wouldn’t take my call. | 我试过给她打电话 但她不接 |
[1:30:38] | I go over there. I try to talk to her. | 我去找她 试着跟他她谈 |
[1:30:40] | She’s crying. | 她哭了 |
[1:30:41] | Why is she crying? she’s scared somebody’s after her? | 她为什么哭 是不是有人跟踪她她害怕了 |
[1:30:44] | No, she’s crying because of Collins. | 不 她哭是因为科林斯 |
[1:30:46] | she was in love with him | 她爱他 |
[1:30:48] | And she was pregnant | 而且她怀孕了 |
[1:30:55] | And she didn’t tell him. | 不过她没有告诉他 |
[1:30:59] | She didn’t tell him, and, you know, | 她不但没有告诉他 而且 |
[1:31:01] | She was petrified that he’s gonna find out can prove it | 她很害怕他会发现这个事情 掌握了证据 |
[1:31:04] | And then he’s not gonna want her | 这样他就不会再爱她 |
[1:31:06] | And he’s not gonna want the baby… | 也不会接受孩子… |
[1:31:08] | She got so wrecked about it that she burned thousands of dollars worth of paychecks. | 她整个人都崩溃了 烧了几千元的支票 |
[1:31:12] | Who does that? | 谁会傻到这种地步 |
[1:31:14] | And I tried to get her to just relax | 我努力让她放轻松 |
[1:31:16] | And to think about the publicity | 想一想能否借助媒体的力量 |
[1:31:19] | Or think about an abortion, | 或者考虑下堕胎 |
[1:31:21] | or think about, you know, the words | 或者再想一想 只要守口如瓶 |
[1:31:23] | just keep your word. | 好好遵守你的诺言 |
[1:31:25] | and what about how your decisions are gonna affect me? | 再想想你的决定会对我产生什么影响 |
[1:31:27] | And then she’s dead, you know? I hear it’s a murder, | 但后来她就死了 听说是被杀死的 |
[1:31:31] | And so I don’t want anything more to do with this thing, you know | 所以我不想再跟这个事情有什么牵连了 |
[1:31:35] | I’m just terrified, and I want to go someplace warm, | 我很害怕 我只想去个温暖的地方 |
[1:31:38] | And I want to come back to a clean slate. | 恢复清白重新开始 |
[1:31:40] | And you guys write your article and just get them off me | 你们写的那些文章千万不要把我扯进去 |
[1:31:43] | I’m nothing. I’m nothing to those guys. | 我什么都不是 对他们而言我算个什么东西 |
[1:31:50] | So you were right, man. okay? | 你现在知道了吧 |
[1:31:52] | And now we can prove it. | 现在我们能证实了 |
[1:31:53] | I get you on the record. we can naii his mothers to the wall. aii right? | 我需要你的证词 我们能让他受到惩罚 |
[1:31:57] | Sliberty? we can nail them to the wall, all right! We win! | 我们能将他们绳之以法 我们赢了 |
[1:31:59] | – Yeah. – Just… all right? | -是啊 -就这样吧? |
[1:32:03] | Just… will you just give me a minute? | 能给我几分钟吗? |
[1:32:06] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:32:08] | He just needs a minute. | 他需要点时间 |
[1:32:14] | Shit! | 妈的 |
[1:32:15] | Get off… get off of me! | 放开…放开我 |
[1:32:17] | You fucking… | 你这个狗娘… |
[1:32:21] | Heip! | 救命 |
[1:32:22] | Stephen! | 斯蒂芬 |
[1:32:26] | Get up! what are you doing? | 起来 你在干什么 |
[1:32:29] | Hey, stop! no! | 住手 |
[1:32:34] | Come on, man! hey! hey! | 老兄 嘿 嘿 |
[1:32:36] | Get off! | 放手 |
[1:32:37] | What the hell are you doing to him? | 该死的你想干什么 |
[1:32:48] | Stephen! Stephen! | 斯蒂芬 斯蒂芬 |
[1:32:53] | stephen! stephen! | 斯蒂芬 斯蒂芬 |
[1:32:57] | Hey, I’m trying to help you | 我这是在帮你 |
[1:32:59] | she was pregnant | 她怀孕了 |
[1:33:00] | Did I need to hear that? | 我应该听这个吗 |
[1:33:02] | Yeah. huh? you couldn’t tell me yourseif? | 对 你难道不能自己告诉我吗 |
[1:33:04] | You had to do it like that? | 你非得这样做吗 |
[1:33:06] | was that important? | 这重要吗 |
[1:33:07] | I thought you’d want to hear the truth. | 我以为你想听到真相 |
[1:33:08] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[1:33:09] | You were just seeking the truth, that’s all. | 你只是在寻找真相 仅此而已 |
[1:33:11] | You’re just… you’re a truth seeker. | 你就是个真相调查员 |
[1:33:13] | That’s all. you can’t help it. | 你难以自拔 你情不自禁 |
[1:33:14] | It’s who you are. you’re such a hypocrite. | 这就是你 伪君子一个 |
[1:33:16] | You’re not interested in me. | 你根本不是关心我 |
[1:33:17] | Me coming here was all about you and get your story. | 你叫我来这里只是为了你和你的报道 |
[1:33:22] | I trusted you. you’re my friend! | 我是那么信任你 你是我的朋友 |
[1:33:27] | You were supposed to be my friend | 我一直把你当朋友 |
[1:33:28] | When you were screwing my wife! | 哪怕你搞我老婆 |
[1:33:31] | You’re my friend, cal. | 你是我的朋友啊 凯尔 |
[1:33:32] | I never would’ve done this to you! | 我绝不会像这样对你 |
[1:33:37] | I’m sorry, Stephen, okay? | 我很抱歉 斯蒂芬 你没事吧 |
[1:33:39] | I’m sorry about all of it. | 对所发生的一切 我很抱歉 |
[1:33:41] | Please, look, I’ve been an asshole | 听着 我是个混蛋 |
[1:33:44] | And I can understand why you hate me for it. | 我能理解为什么你如此恨我 |
[1:33:46] | You’ve just gotta put aside how you feel about me | 但是你得把你对我的情绪放到一边 |
[1:33:51] | And stay with this. we’re so close. | 把注意力放在这事上 我们离真相不远了 |
[1:33:57] | Every single part of this | 自成一体的各部分 |
[1:34:00] | I have put myself on line | 在我脑海中串联起来 |
[1:34:05] | Stephen. Stephen! | 斯蒂芬 斯蒂芬 |
[1:35:09] | I need a minute with congressman Fergus. | 我要跟费戈斯议员谈几句 |
[1:35:11] | Tell him it’s Cal Mcaffrey from the Globe, and I am on the deadline | 跟他说这是来自环球报刊的凯尔·麦卡弗里 我时间不多了 |
[1:35:28] | Fuck him. | 叫他滚 |
[1:35:29] | Asshole. | 猪头 |
[1:35:34] | that’s all right. I saw that. just give him this card | 没关系 我看到了 把这张卡片交给他 |
[1:35:38] | And tell him it’s an issue that directly concerns him. | 告诉他这事情跟他有直接的关系 |
[1:35:47] | Sir? he asked me to give you this. | 先生 他让我把这个交给您 |
[1:35:56] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[1:36:02] | – Congressman – that Cal Mcaffrey. | -议员先生 -凯尔·麦卡弗里 |
[1:36:10] | What’s up? how’d you find me? | 有何贵干 你是怎么找到我的 |
[1:36:12] | I folliowed the trail of crumbs, congressman. | 只是跟着一些蛛丝马迹罢了 先生 |
[1:36:14] | I need a confirmation from you | 我需要向您确定一件事 |
[1:36:16] | For an article that we’re running tomorrow. | 这关系到我们明天即将出版的一篇报道 |
[1:36:19] | I have been told that you recommended to Greer Thornton to hire Sonia Baker | 我听闻是您向格里尔·桑顿推荐了索尼娅·贝克 |
[1:36:23] | Is that correct? | 此事是否属实 |
[1:36:24] | So? | 那又如何 |
[1:36:27] | So if it turns out that sonia baker was, | 如果事实证明索尼娅·贝克 |
[1:36:29] | In fact, gathering information | 确实是在收集关于斯蒂芬·科林斯委员会 |
[1:36:31] | On Stephen Collins’ committee findings | 调查到的信息 |
[1:36:32] | And passing that information back | 并把这些信息给了 |
[1:36:34] | To the very company that was being investigated | 正在受调查的那个公司 |
[1:36:35] | And that company is complicit in her murder, | 这个公司又是谋杀她的共犯 |
[1:36:40] | Well, Jesus Christ, it’s not gonna look too good for you, | 那么 上帝啊 这可对你不妙啊 |
[1:36:43] | Is it, Congressman? | 对吗 议员 |
[1:36:45] | One, never use the lord’s name in vain with me. | 首先 在我面前叫上帝是没用的 |
[1:36:50] | Two, how could you even assume | 其次 你怎么能把那么一个灿烂纯真的 |
[1:36:52] | That a bright, naive, 25-year-old girl | 25岁女孩看成一个 |
[1:36:55] | Was what, a double agent? | 双面间谍 |
[1:36:58] | Mr.Mcaffrey, I went to bat for a young girl | 麦卡弗里先生 我了解这个年轻女孩 |
[1:37:02] | Whose family I met and respected, | 我接触过并且尊敬她的家庭 |
[1:37:04] | A family that seemed like | 她家是这个国家中 |
[1:37:06] | The wholesome ideal upon which this country was founded. | 最理想最健全的家庭 |
[1:37:11] | And Sonia Baker’s mother’s first name is? | 那索尼娅·贝克母亲姓什么 |
[1:37:16] | – Pardon me? – You heard me, family friend. | -什么 -你知道的 世交朋友 |
[1:37:27] | Do you really think that your new owners, | 你认为你的新老板们 |
[1:37:29] | These responsible corporate citizens, | 这些有责任感的公民 |
[1:37:30] | Are going to allow you to publish this | 会允许你刊登这种 |
[1:37:36] | Speculative drivel? | 一派胡言吗 |
[1:37:39] | You are gonna be out of a job before | 犯不着兴师动众 |
[1:37:41] | The Devil can even say your name, son. | 你就会丢掉饭碗 孩子 |
[1:37:49] | Janine. | 简妮 |
[1:37:54] | Sonia’s mother’s first name is Janine. | 索尼娅的妈妈姓 简妮 |
[1:38:16] | You’re missing the point. | 你搞错了 |
[1:38:17] | You didn’t see his face. | 你没看见他的脸色 |
[1:38:18] | I saw his face. Fergus is at the heart of this story. | 我看到他的脸色 费戈斯是这篇报道的核心 |
[1:38:21] | This story is dead, cal. | 这篇报道已经结束了 凯尔 |
[1:38:24] | One way or another, pointcorp pushed | 不管怎么说 是顶点集团 |
[1:38:27] | Sonia Baker in front of that train. | 将索尼娅·贝克推向火车的 |
[1:38:29] | Really? the trouble is, | 是吗 问题是 |
[1:38:30] | Our new corporate owners won’t let me print any of this | 除非我有一个记录在案的主要证人 |
[1:38:33] | Unless I have one of the major players on the record. | 我们老板才会让我刊登这种东西 |
[1:38:36] | On the record, Cal! | 要真凭实据 凯尔 |
[1:38:39] | And the onLy person who could do that won’t. | 而唯一的人选又不会这么做 |
[1:38:41] | Would you like to tell me why? | 你来告诉我这是为什么 |
[1:38:42] | Or is it just that you shagged his wife? | 不是因为你上了他的老婆吗 |
[1:38:53] | Maybe you’d like to expiain to me how, when | 也许你能向我解释 从什么时候开始 |
[1:38:55] | And why Mediacorp chopped off your balls. | 媒体业界让你缩手缩脚 |
[1:38:58] | This is as big and as connected as it gets. | 这事儿事关重大 关系重大 |
[1:39:01] | You follow any fissure of this, it’s a massive story. | 只要找到切入点 这就是一篇特大报道 |
[1:39:04] | You got Fergus, you got Pointcorp, | 你得到了费戈斯 得到了顶点集团 |
[1:39:06] | And now you got Mediacorp, all connected, | 现在你又得到了媒体业界 全都有联系 |
[1:39:08] | All in collusion, all playing for the same country club. | 相互勾结 都在同一个国家机器中耍宝 |
[1:39:12] | I didn’t realize you’d taken up the game. | 我没有想到 你也参与耍宝 |
[1:39:13] | Oh, Cal, if there’s any corruption involved here, | 凯尔 如果说这里面涉及了什么腐败的话 |
[1:39:16] | It’s coming from you. | 那也与你相关 |
[1:39:18] | You have injected yourself in this story right from the beginning, | 你从一开始就将自我代入到这篇报道中 |
[1:39:21] | And we all know why. | 我们都知道原因 |
[1:39:24] | It’s over, Cal, as far as you’re concerned. | 就你而言 这件事儿结束了 凯尔 |
[1:39:27] | I can’t protect you anymore. | 我不能再罩着你了 |
[1:39:30] | And right now, I’m not too sure I’d want to. | 现在 我不知道怎么办 |
[1:40:00] | You want the story? | 想知道事情始末吗 |
[1:40:05] | Yeah. come on. | 是的 来吧 |
[1:40:23] | I was first introduced to Sonia Baker | 我最初于2007年4月经人介绍 |
[1:40:29] | In april of 2007. | 与索尼娅·贝克相识 |
[1:40:35] | She was hired as a research assistant on my staff. | 她作为研究助手受雇于我 |
[1:40:38] | She was recommended by the Majority Whip, | 她是由多数党副院内总务 来自西弗吉尼亚州 |
[1:40:44] | Congressman from west virginia, George Gergus. | 议员 乔治·费戈斯推荐来的 |
[1:40:51] | Three months into her time there, Sonia and I began | 她在那儿的三个月里 |
[1:40:59] | A romantic relationship. | 我和索尼娅有了一段恋情 |
[1:41:02] | I have e-mailed copies of documents to you, | 我给你发了些文件副本 |
[1:41:06] | which show beyond doubt | 这些文件证实了 |
[1:41:08] | The corruption between members of my own party. | 我们党派某些成员的腐败 |
[1:41:11] | I now know that she had been placed in my office as a spy. | 现在我知道了 她是安插在我办公室的间谍 |
[1:41:16] | Pointcorp’s tentacies reach into every corner | 顶点集团广泛触及 |
[1:41:18] | Of the ever-growing private security industry, | 日益增长的私人安全产业 |
[1:41:20] | Both at home and abroad. | 包括国内和国外的每个角落 |
[1:41:22] | Not only does this pose a great… | 这件事不仅事关重大… |
[1:41:23] | But it is a violation of our laws. | 而且是对我们法律的玷污 |
[1:41:25] | A monopolistic business… | 一个垄断企业 |
[1:41:26] | …obstruct and otherwise destroy | 阻碍或者说是破坏了 |
[1:41:28] | My investigation into Pointcorp. | 我对顶点集团的调查 |
[1:41:32] | Sonia was paid to make regular reports to pointcorp… | 索尼娅受雇向顶点集团定期报告 |
[1:41:35] | Left unchecked, I believe that within five years, | 未加详查 我被蒙蔽达五年之久 |
[1:41:38] | Pointcorp will have its own standing army on US soil. | 顶点集团将在美国国土上拥有自己的正规部队 |
[1:41:40] | …into their fraudulent practices… | 他们的欺诈行为 |
[1:41:42] | It will control our intelligence-gathering apparatus… | 它将控制我们的情报收集装置 |
[1:41:44] | What happened in committee… | 委员会中发生了什么 |
[1:41:45] | She had access to everything we were doing | 她接触到了我们所做的一切事情 |
[1:41:47] | And effectively crippied our investigation. | 有效地破坏了我们的调查 |
[1:41:49] | It is a frightening vision and one which must be stopped. | 可怕的前景 我们必须阻止其发生 |
[1:41:54] | However, when my reiationship with her grew, | 但是 当我们的关系日益亲密 |
[1:41:59] | She ceased her spying on their behalf, | 她停止了为他们服务 |
[1:42:02] | And I beiieve they killed her for it. | 我也确信他们因此而杀了她 |
[1:42:08] | For people like this, who I’ve spent | 像这种的人 这种我去年花了一半时间 |
[1:42:09] | The last year and a half of my life investigating… | 来调查的无辜公民不过是 |
[1:42:12] | Innocent civilians are really little more than disposable lives, | 利用后即可抛弃的小角色 |
[1:42:17] | Thought of as collateral damage. | 他们的生死只是附带损害而已 |
[1:42:22] | And I believe it was simply the public nature of my position that | 我认为是我职位的公众属性使我 |
[1:42:27] | Saved me from a similar fate. | 免于遭受同样的命运 |
[1:42:33] | So, as political suicides go, | 免遭所谓的政治自杀 |
[1:42:39] | How was that? | 怎么样 |
[1:42:49] | Thank you, Congressman. | 谢谢你 议员 |
[1:43:05] | – You okay? -Yeah. | -还好吗 -嗯 |
[1:43:07] | He was set up. | 他中圈套了 |
[1:43:11] | She was sleeping with him for $26,000 a month. I mean… | 她为了每月2万6美金与他上床 我想说… |
[1:43:18] | Silberty. | 斯伯蒂 |
[1:43:20] | Cal. | 凯尔 |
[1:43:23] | – You all set? – Okay. | -你好了吗 -好的 |
[1:43:27] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[1:43:50] | -You still here? -Yeah. | -你还在这儿 -是啊 |
[1:43:52] | I thought you would’ve been down at your desk blasting it online. | 我以为你坐在办公桌前在网上爆料呢 |
[1:43:56] | Well, you know, a piece this big, | 像这种大事 |
[1:43:58] | Peopie should probably have newsprint | 人们最好在手中的 |
[1:44:00] | On their hands when they read it, | 报纸上读到 |
[1:44:01] | Don’t you think? | 你不这么想吗 |
[1:44:05] | I’ll do Collins, Fergus, Pointcorp, | 我负责科林斯 费戈斯 顶点集团 |
[1:44:08] | And Corporate and government malfeasance. | 及其附属公司 和政府的渎职行为 |
[1:44:09] | – Okay. – You do Sonia Baker… | -好的 -你负责索尼娅·贝克 |
[1:44:11] | The murder, Mandi, Rhonda Silver. | 凶手 曼迪 朗达·西维尔 |
[1:44:15] | – And the Dominic Foy connection, all right? – Yeah. | -以及多米尼克·佛伊的关系 好吗 -好的 |
[1:44:17] | -Retire to the neutrai corner. -Okay. | -回到中性立场 -好的 |
[1:44:19] | Gentle. thank you. | 轻点 谢谢 |
[1:44:31] | Sir, it’s Robert Bingham. | 长官 我是罗伯特·宾汉 |
[1:44:33] | I’m sorry to call you directly. | 抱歉直接打给你 |
[1:44:35] | I want to assure you that I’m ready to finish what we started. | 我想向你确认 我已准备好结束这一切 |
[1:44:40] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[1:45:54] | I won’t be more than an hour. | 不会超过一小时 |
[1:46:03] | – Hey, guys. Evening, sir. – How you doing? | -你们好 -晚上好 先生 |
[1:46:17] | -Hello. -is it a night for it? | -你好 -今晚定稿吗 |
[1:46:20] | Yeah, yeah, I think it is. | 是的 我想就是今晚了 |
[1:46:32] | So, how old are you? Actually, don’t tell me. | 你多大了 还是别告诉我了 |
[1:46:35] | It would just make me sick. | 会让我受不了的 |
[1:46:37] | You never ask a giri her age. | 绝不要问女孩的年纪 |
[1:46:39] | Well, see, I look at you, | 我看着你 |
[1:46:41] | and I don’t see a giri. I just see a reporter. | 并没有看见女孩 看见的只有记者 |
[1:46:42] | -At last. – Anyway, back to the story. | -终于 -好吧 回到报道上 |
[1:46:45] | Yes. | 好的 |
[1:46:47] | So I had this, uh, engiish teacher in high school. | 有个高中的英语老师 |
[1:46:50] | He was a kind of a longhaired hippie kind of guy. | 他是那种长发嬉皮士类的人 |
[1:46:54] | -He had a pen problem. -Yeah. oh. | -他总找不到笔 -是吗 |
[1:46:57] | He solved it by having a piece | 为了解决这一问题 |
[1:46:59] | Of leather string around his neck, | 他在脖子上缠了根皮带 |
[1:47:01] | And that’s where he’d keep his pen. | 拴着他的笔 |
[1:47:03] | Smart. | 聪明 |
[1:47:05] | So I started thinking, | 所以我想到 |
[1:47:06] | my friend Della’s got a pen problem. | 我朋友黛拉 也常常找不到笔 |
[1:47:09] | how do I solve it? | 我该怎么解决呢 |
[1:47:11] | – And I came up with this. – What is it? | -我带来了这个 -这是什么 |
[1:47:13] | I call it the Della Frye nubian princess, | 这是黛拉·弗莱伊 努比亚公主 |
[1:47:17] | “I’m never without a pen” celebratory necklace. | “我绝不离开笔”庆典项链 |
[1:47:20] | Oh, it’s beautiful! I always wanted one of these. | 真漂亮 我一直想要这样的东西 |
[1:47:29] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[1:47:34] | You know, I wanted to tell you something about Anne collins. | 我要告诉你关于安妮·科林斯的一些事儿 |
[1:47:39] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:47:58] | I was just talking to her. | 我和她聊过 |
[1:48:04] | How does Anne Coiiins know that | 安妮·科林斯怎么会知道 |
[1:48:05] | Sonia Baker was earning $26,000 a month? | 索尼娅·贝克每月挣2万6 |
[1:48:10] | What? | 什么 |
[1:48:14] | How does she know how much Sonia Baker was earning? | 她怎么知道索尼娅·贝克挣多少钱 |
[1:48:16] | – We know that. – yeah. | -我们知道 -对 |
[1:48:18] | How does Anne Coiiins know that? | 安妮·科林斯怎么知道 |
[1:48:19] | Well, I mean, Stephen must have heard it in the Foy interview. | 我觉得 斯蒂芬肯定是在佛伊的采访中听到了 |
[1:48:25] | We played him a specific part of that tape, | 我们给他放的是一部分 |
[1:48:28] | And that figure is never mentioned. | 这件事儿在其中并未提到 |
[1:48:48] | Cal. wait, what are you doing? | 凯尔 等等 你在干什么 |
[1:49:03] | What are you doing? cal? | 你在干什么 凯尔 |
[1:49:12] | You gonna fill me in? | 你能告诉我发生什么事儿了吗 |
[1:49:13] | Just tell Cameron, hold the story. | 告诉卡梅隆 报道等下再发 |
[1:49:17] | What? cal? cal! | 怎么了 凯尔 |
[1:49:25] | Shit. | 该死 |
[1:49:51] | Who’s Robert Bingham, Stephen? | 斯蒂芬 罗伯特·宾汉是谁 |
[1:50:06] | Who is Robert Bingham? | 罗伯特·宾汉是谁 |
[1:50:26] | Are the police outside? | 警察在外面吗 |
[1:50:30] | No. | 没有 |
[1:50:33] | I saved Robert Bingham’s iife in kuwait in ’91 . | 1991年 我在科威特救过罗伯特·宾汉的命 |
[1:50:37] | He was a 17-year-oid kid. | 他是个17岁大的孩子 |
[1:50:40] | He was a good soldier. | 他是个优秀的士兵 |
[1:50:42] | He was proud of what we did. | 他为我们所做的一切感到骄傲 |
[1:50:45] | The army was his life, and he had problems when he got discharged. | 军队就是他的生活 但当然被踢出军队后 出了点问题 |
[1:50:50] | So you had a guy that you knew to be unstable | 你明明知道他反复无常 |
[1:50:55] | Do what, exactly? scare her? | 他到底干了什么 恐吓她吗 |
[1:50:58] | Maybe beat her up a little? | 还可能打了她 |
[1:50:59] | No, Cal. I had him follow her. | 没有 凯尔 我让他跟着她 |
[1:51:02] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:51:03] | Because I knew she was hiding something from me. | 因为我知道她有什么瞒着我 |
[1:51:07] | Because when I’d… I’d be at her house | 因为 当我在她家时 |
[1:51:09] | And a fax would come in, she’d get nervous. | 要是有传真发来 她就会很紧张 |
[1:51:11] | Because there were phone calls late at night. | 深夜里 还有电话打来 |
[1:51:13] | I was suspicious. | 我就产生怀疑了 |
[1:51:15] | I asked Bingham to observe her and report back to me. | 让宾汉监视她 并向我汇报 |
[1:51:19] | That’s all. | 就这样 |
[1:51:22] | You’re a liar, Stephen. | 你是个骗子 斯蒂芬 |
[1:51:24] | He was more upset about what she was doing than I was. | 她的所作所为 让宾汉比我更恼火 |
[1:51:26] | You have to understand what the milltary means to Bingham. | 你该理解 军队对宾汉意味着什么 |
[1:51:29] | He hates pointcorp for what they’re trying to do to it. | 他厌恶顶点集团对军队所做的 |
[1:51:31] | In his mind, she just had to stop. | 他认为 她应该停止 |
[1:51:33] | But she did stop, right? | 她停止了 对吗 |
[1:51:34] | She tore up her paychecks, and she put her life at risk for you. | 她撕碎了那些支票 为你冒了生命危险 |
[1:51:37] | Yes, but I didn’t know that. | 是的 但我并不知情 |
[1:51:39] | I didn’t know that he was gonna kill her. | 我不知道 他会干掉她 |
[1:51:43] | I didn’t know he had killed her. | 我不知道 他已经干掉她了 |
[1:51:44] | When I found out, my thought was just the same as yours. | 但我发现后 我和你想的一样 |
[1:51:46] | I thought Pointcorp had done it. | 我认为是顶点集团干的 |
[1:51:48] | And when you did find out? | 你什么时候发现的 |
[1:51:49] | What was I supposed to do? | 我该怎么办 |
[1:51:50] | – Tell someone. – I tried. | -告诉别人 -我试了 |
[1:51:52] | – When? – When I came to your house, | -什么时候 – 我去你家时 |
[1:51:53] | And I wanted to talk to you about it, | 我想和你谈谈这件事儿 |
[1:51:55] | And all you cared about was the story. | 你只想着报道 |
[1:51:56] | No, Stephen, I cared about helping you. | 不 斯蒂芬 我是想帮你 |
[1:51:59] | Bullshit. Buiishit. | 胡说八道 |
[1:52:00] | All you cared about was clearing your | 你只想着 怎样在你和安妮的 |
[1:52:02] | Conscience over this little soap opera | 肥皂剧中做到 |
[1:52:03] | You have with Annie. | 问心无愧 |
[1:52:04] | so you used me. | 所以你利用了我 |
[1:52:05] | – No, Cal. – The same way as you used Bingham. | -没有 凯尔 -就像你利用宾汉一样 |
[1:52:06] | I was suspicious of her. I brought him in. | 我只是怀疑她 我把他卷了进来 |
[1:52:08] | That’s all it was! it was a mistake! | 仅此而已 这是个错误 |
[1:52:10] | It’s my responsibiiity. | 是我的责任 |
[1:52:12] | I should never have done that. | 我不该这么做 |
[1:52:13] | But I never asked him to kill her. | 但我没让他杀死她 |
[1:52:15] | He owed you his iife! | 他欠你一条命 |
[1:52:19] | That’s why you called him. | 所以你找的是他 |
[1:52:22] | You called him, and you used him, | 你找来宾汉 是利用他 |
[1:52:25] | Iike you’ve been trying to use me. | 就像你想利用我的那样 |
[1:52:28] | One to kill, and one to cover it up. | 一个来杀人 一个来掩饰 |
[1:52:32] | If Pointcorp and Fergus hadn’t hired her, | 如果顶点集团没有雇佣她 |
[1:52:33] | – None of this would’ve happened! – no. this is not about Bingham | -这一切都不会发生 -不 这一切与宾汉 |
[1:52:36] | And pointcorp and fergus, man! | 顶点集团和费戈斯都无关 |
[1:52:37] | It’s about you and the decisions that you have made | 只和你有关 你做的决定 |
[1:52:41] | That have led to four people being killed. | 断送了四条生命 |
[1:52:45] | One of them was delivering a pizza, Stephen. | 其中一个只是送外卖披萨的 |
[1:52:50] | Cal. what are you gonna do? | 凯尔 你要怎么做 |
[1:52:55] | You know what I’m gonna do. | 你知道我要怎么做 |
[1:52:59] | You know, it’s laughable, your sense of your own self-worth. | 你太自负 这一切太可笑了 |
[1:53:06] | Why is that? ’cause nobody reads the papers anymore? | 为什么 因为没人会看报纸吗 |
[1:53:08] | Is that it? | 是吗 |
[1:53:10] | It’s just another story, a couple days of shitstorm, | 你认为这只是一条烂新闻 |
[1:53:12] | And it’s wrapping paper? | 报纸就是草纸吗 |
[1:53:14] | You know, in the middle of all this gossip and speculation | 在纷繁的八卦和猜测中 |
[1:53:16] | That permeates people’s lives, | 那些人命攸关的新闻 |
[1:53:17] | I still think they know the difference | 会让读者明白 放屁和真正的新闻 |
[1:53:19] | Between real news and bullshit. | 有天壤之别 |
[1:53:21] | And they’re glad that someone cares enough | 读者乐意看到 还有人 |
[1:53:24] | To get things on the record and print the truth. | 关心事实 揭露真相 |
[1:53:27] | Cal. please, cal, don’t do this. please. | 凯尔 求你 别这么做 |
[1:53:30] | I’m asking you as your friend. | 我作为朋友 求你了 |
[1:53:35] | You got about three minutes before the cops get here. | 离警察到来还有三分钟时间 |
[1:53:41] | I thought you said you didn’t call them. | 你说你没叫警察 |
[1:53:44] | I lied. | 我说谎了 |
[1:54:34] | A good soidier fights for his country and his friends. | 优秀的士兵 为他的国家和朋友而战 |
[1:54:40] | But these guys, they want to make it all about the money. | 但这些人 他们只为金钱而战 |
[1:54:46] | You want to live in a world like that? | 你愿意活在那样的世界里吗 |
[1:54:48] | Drop the weapon! | 放下武器 |
[1:54:50] | The story about Stephen comes out, whether I write it or not. | 不管是不是我写 斯蒂芬的新闻都会刊登 |
[1:54:53] | Drop your weapon! | 放下武器 |
[1:54:54] | drop it! | 放下武器 |
[1:54:56] | I’d rather be nothing. | 我倒愿意做个无名小卒 |
[1:54:58] | I repeat, drop your weapon! | 再说一次 放下武器 |
[1:57:04] | Well, aren’t you gonna send it? | 你不发送吗 |
[1:57:07] | I’ve only been holding the front page for four hours, after all. | 毕竟 我的头版已经为你预留了四个多小时 |
[1:57:12] | You send it. | 你来发送 |
[1:57:18] | Good night, everybody. see you tomorrow. | 各位晚上好 明天见 |
[1:57:26] | Yinzer. | 回见 |
[1:57:27] | Yinzer. | 回见 |
[1:58:17] | Put a candle in the window | 窗边烛光摇曳 |
[1:58:25] | ’cause I feel I’ve got to move | 我要远行 |
[1:58:32] | Though I’m going, going | 虽然渐行渐远 |
[1:58:36] | I’ll be coming home soon | 我不久就会回家 |
[1:58:40] | Long as I can see the light | 我不会远离烛光 |
[1:58:47] | Pack my bag and let’s get movin’ | 整理行囊 让我们动身 |
[1:58:55] | ’cause I’m bound to drift a while | 我要去流浪一阵 |
[1:59:02] | When I’m gone, gone | 我越走越远 |
[1:59:06] | You don’t have to worry long | 你不必担心走得太远 |
[1:59:10] | Long as I can see the light | 我不会远离烛光 |
[1:59:17] | Guess I’ve got that old travlin’ bone | 可能我骨子里热爱旅行 |
[1:59:25] | ’cause this feelin’ won’t leave me alone | 这种感觉让我不会孤独 |
[1:59:33] | But I won’t, won’t | 但我不会 不会 |
[1:59:37] | Be losing my way, no, no | 迷失归来之路 不会 不会 |
[1:59:40] | Long as I can see the light | 我不会远离烛光 |
[2:00:02] | Put a candle in the window | 窗边烛光摇曳 |
[2:00:10] | ’cause I feel I’ve got to move | 我要远行 |
[2:00:18] | Though I’m going, going | 虽然渐行渐远 |
[2:00:21] | I’ll be coming home soon | 不久就会回家 |
[2:00:25] | Long as I can see the iight | 我不会远离烛光 |
[2:00:33] | Long as I can see the iight | 我不会远离烛光 |
[2:00:40] | Long as I can see the iight | 我不会远离烛光 |
[2:00:48] | Long as I can see the iight | 我不会远离烛光 |