英文名称:Men of Honor
年代:2000
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:42] | Thirty six hours ago, an American B-52 bomber… | 36小时以前 一架美国B52轰炸机 |
[01:46] | crashed into the Mediterranean Sea. | 失事坠入地中海 |
[01:48] | Moments before impact, the bomber’s crew… | 坠毁之前 机员释放一枚… |
[01:52] | jettisoned a 50-megaton nuclear warhead. | 相当于五千吨黄色炸药的核弹 |
[01:54] | The bomb, capable of leveling a major city, has been lost at sea. | 威力足以夷平一座城市的核弹 遗失在茫茫大海中 |
[01:59] | Underway at this hour is the greatest naval search in human history. | 海军现正展开有史以来 最大规模的搜寻行动 |
[02:03] | What do you think, Sunday? It should be you out there. | 出任务的应该是你 山岱? |
[02:05] | Why not? I’m the best goddamn diver in the whole U.S. Navy. | 我是海军最佳潜水员 |
[02:09] | Well, you ain’t in the Navy. You are a damn deserter. | 海军个屁 你他妈被扫地出门 |
[02:13] | AWOL, AWOL. | 是不假外出 |
[02:14] | Twenty years ago, a man’d go on a bender like that, | 20年前 一个喝酒闹事的人 |
[02:17] | they’d pin a medal on his chest and take him down town for a blow job. | 本该获颁勋章和女人青睐 |
[02:22] | Instead, you got your ass kicked by a couple of Marines. | 但 却遭陆战队员毒打一顿 |
[02:28] | Ornery son of a bitch. | 不正是那小子吗? |
[02:33] | Friend of yours? | 你朋友? |
[02:35] | Well, it looks like Chief here is a goddamn nigger lover | 看来那个士官长偏爱黑鬼 |
[02:40] | All right, asshole. Now you’re gonna start addressing me as Master Chief… | 从现在起称我首席士官长 龟孙 |
[02:43] | or I’m gonna snap your goddamn wrist, do you read me? | 不然我扭断你的手臂 |
[02:46] | You ain’t a Master Chief no more. | 你早就不是首席士官长了 |
[02:48] | You triflin’ me, motherfucker? You triflin’ me, motherfucker? | 调侃我 王八蛋 敢调侃我? |
[02:51] | Sorry, Master Chief! | 对不起 首席士官长 |
[02:52] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[02:57] | Carl | 卡尔 |
[03:51] | Turn off Daddy’s radio | 卡尔 把你爸的收音机关掉 |
[03:54] | and get ready for school. | 准备上学 |
[04:13] | keeping jane | 继续走 珍 |
[04:17] | Whoa,John. | 加油 约翰 |
[04:20] | Come on there. Get a hold,John. | 干的好 约翰 |
[04:24] | Come on. Come on. Get up there,Jane. | 走 走 加油 珍 乖女孩 |
[04:37] | Whoa,John. | 前进 约翰 |
[04:39] | Come on. Come on. Good girl. | 迈开脚步 珍 |
[04:42] | Come here. | 往前走 |
[04:44] | Best come in now. | 你最好进来一下 |
[04:46] | I told Doc Maddox I’d be done by Friday, | 跟马德克医生说星期五会完工 |
[04:49] | and I will. | 我就得星期五完工 |
[04:51] | Daddy, you actin’ like | 你拼命得好像… |
[04:53] | This was my farm? | 自己的田? |
[04:55] | No, son. No matter how hard I work | 不可能 儿子 不管我多拼命 |
[04:59] | I ain’t ever gonna own this land. | 这块地永远不会是我的 |
[05:01] | I heard you and Mama talkin’. | 我听到你跟妈讲的话 |
[05:04] | You gonna lose the farm | 如果麦子不准时下田 |
[05:06] | if this wheat ain’t in on time. | 这活儿就没得干了 |
[05:08] | Doc Maddox is gonna bring in another family, | 马德克医生会另行雇用 |
[05:10] | where the kids work too. | 有孩子帮忙的家庭 |
[05:17] | My kids go to school. | 我的孩子得上学 |
[05:20] | Now, go on ‘fore you’re late. | 快走 别迟到了 |
[05:33] | I’m not going to school, Daddy. Not today. | 我不要上学 爸爸 |
[05:35] | Not till this field is done. | 今天不去 田没耕好就不去 |
[05:39] | This field ain’t ever gonna be done. | 活儿是肯定干不完的 |
[05:46] | Daddy. | 老爸 |
[05:49] | Today is Friday. | 今天已经星期五了 |
[05:53] | Come on, Tye. Come on,Jill. There you go. | 跟我来 乖孩子们 |
[06:02] | Make me a promise. | 答应我一件事 |
[06:03] | Sir? | 什么事 爹? |
[06:07] | Don’t end up like me. | 别跟我一样过一辈子 |
[06:21] | All right | 好啦… |
[06:24] | We best get movin’. | 得赶工了 |
[06:26] | Rain comin’ in. | 快下雨了 |
[06:29] | We best get movin’. Ready Jane,John. | 得赶快了 珍 约翰 走啰 |
[06:34] | Stay low,John. Get the hoe,John. | 好好犁 约翰 用力犁 约翰 |
[06:41] | Get the hoe! Come on. Get up there! | 用力犁 约翰 |
[06:49] | Get the hoe,John. | 用力犁 约翰 |
[06:52] | Gee,Jane! Rah! Get up there! | 用力犁 詹姆士 喝 加油 |
[06:58] | Rah! Getup there! Come on! | 加油 快点 … |
[07:06] | Come on, Carl. You’ll miss the bus. | 快点 卡尔 赶不上巴士了 |
[07:22] | Let’s go, son. Your father’s waitin’on us. | 走吧 儿子 你爸在等我们 |
[07:28] | U.S. Navy’s a big opportunity for a young man. | 美国海军是年轻人的绝佳机会 |
[07:35] | All about the Navy. It’s right here in this book. | 这本书详细介绍海军 |
[07:37] | And this is mine.I can keep this. | 我可以留着 |
[07:38] | That’s fine | 很好啊 |
[07:39] | They’re just giving it to me. | 他们给我的 |
[07:41] | I wish I knew what I was gonna be. | 不知道会被派到哪里 |
[07:43] | Knowing you, it’s gonna be something big. | 以你的条件 一定是重要差事 |
[07:48] | He ain’t said one word since we met the recruiter. | 见过招生人员后他没说半句话 |
[07:51] | He’s just real scared for you. | 他担心你 |
[07:53] | Coloreds now. | 黑皮肤的上车 |
[07:58] | I love you, Mama | 我爱你 |
[07:59] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[08:07] | Recruiter say first leave come in September. | 招生人员说九月会放假 |
[08:10] | I wouldn’t believe everything that recruiter says. | 招生人员说的话我不敢相信 |
[08:13] | Put it away for a rainy day | 将薪水存下来以备不时之需 |
[08:15] | or send it home to Mom and Pop. | 或寄回家 |
[08:17] | I’ll come back, help mow the hay. | 我会回来帮忙收割 |
[08:19] | Don’t. Don’t ever come back here. | 不要 永远不要回来 |
[08:24] | You get in there and fight, Carl. | 进去后要努力打拼 |
[08:27] | Don’t take promises. | 不要随便相信别人 |
[08:30] | Bust their old rules if you have to. | 必要时 老祖先的话也别里它 |
[08:33] | And when it gets hard– | 如果很难熬的话 |
[08:37] | and it will– | 一定很难熬的 |
[08:41] | don’t quit on me. | 也不要放弃 |
[08:44] | Ever. | 绝不放弃 |
[08:48] | Now, go on. | 该走了 |
[08:50] | Don’t come back here. | 不要回来这儿 |
[08:53] | Not for a long time. | 很长一段时间无法见面 |
[09:18] | Charge it when you get where you’re going. | 到了以后要记得充电 |
[09:30] | ASNF “A.S.N.F.” | |
[09:33] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 那些字母是什么意思? |
[09:40] | Come on, boy. | 走啦 孩子 |
[09:43] | You got a big future… | 加入海军 |
[09:46] | in the U.S. Navy. | 前途无量 |
[09:50] | A big future! | 前途无量呦 |
[09:56] | tell him to take whatever crystal ball he’s lookin’ through… | 叫招生官将预测未来的水晶球 |
[09:59] | and shove it directly up his ass. | 在屁股上擦亮一点 |
[10:02] | I just got back from fightin’a war,makin’ the whole world free for democracy. | 我刚打完仗 让世界重享民主 |
[10:06] | They still got me standin’ here, slavin’ over a hot grill next to you. | 还是得在炉火前做牛做马 |
[10:11] | There’s only three choices a colored man’s got in the U.S. Navy. | 黑人在海军里只有三条路 |
[10:14] | Be in’a cook | 当伙夫 |
[10:16] | Officer’s valet | 当军官的杂役 |
[10:17] | You listenin: Carl? | 听到没 卡尔? |
[10:18] | or gettin’ the fuck out ofthe Navy. | 或者滚蛋 |
[10:21] | Big future. | 前途无量咧 |
[10:23] | Big future, I’ll be doggoned. | 前途无量 |
[10:24] | It’ll be all right. | 你会是个例外 |
[10:32] | Ooh, hot, hot, hot. | 热 热 热 |
[10:37] | Hell ain’t got nothin’ on the South Pacific. | 地狱也不比南太平洋恐怖 |
[11:10] | Hold that. | 拿着 |
[11:12] | Carl, what the hell areyou doing? | 你要干什么? |
[11:15] | Reckon I’m gonna take a swim. | 我要游泳 |
[11:17] | Nigger, you crazy. Tuesday is colored swim call on this boat. | 你疯了 周二才是黑人游泳日 |
[11:20] | Well, I’m hot on Friday. | 问题是我周五也很热 |
[11:22] | Carl, crackers see that nappy head comin: they– | 给白鬼子看到 他们会… |
[11:25] | What are they gonna do, make me wash more dishes? | 大不了 罚我洗更多盘子? |
[11:33] | Better get your ass off this deck! | 你最好离开这甲板 |
[11:35] | It is not Tuesday, son. | 嘿 今天不是星期二 孩子 |
[11:38] | What the hell are you doing, boy? | 你想干嘛 孩子? |
[11:40] | You’re in some deep shit! | 你麻烦大了 |
[11:46] | Wrong day, asshole! | 日子不对 猪头 |
[11:52] | All right. Make way! | 借过 |
[11:58] | Captain wants your ass back on the boat right now. | 舰长要你去见他 |
[12:16] | Go, Carl! | 加油 卡尔 |
[12:32] | Keep goin’! Go, Carl! | 加油 卡尔 |
[13:14] | You got anything to say for yourself? | 你有什么话要说? |
[13:25] | Your response is noted. | 说不出话了吧 |
[13:33] | You ever hear of the Search and Rescue swimmers? | 听过搜救队救生员吗? |
[13:36] | You know, sailor falls overboard, these men | 若有水手落海 他们就… |
[13:38] | Dive in and save ’em. Yes. | 潜水施救 长官 |
[13:44] | You just became one. | 你已经是他们一员了 |
[13:47] | I’m transferring you to their unit. | 我把你调到他们单位 |
[13:51] | You’re the fastest damn swimmer on this ship,and you have got to back it up. | 你是本舰游最快的人 又够种 |
[13:57] | Thank you, sir. I’ll pack up and report to the deck department– | 谢谢长官 我即刻整装去报到 |
[14:00] | You’re just there to swim. Nothing else. | 去那边只是游泳 没别的 |
[14:04] | Stay with the stewards. | 你还是属于杂役团的一员 |
[14:06] | Let him out. | 让他出去 |
[14:10] | Hey, Carl. You know, the only reason your ass ain’t in the brig… | 卡尔 你没被关警闭 |
[14:13] | is ’cause you high yellow, boy. | 只因为你的皮肤不是很黑 |
[14:15] | Boy, you in good with Captain Pullman now. | 哥儿 保曼舰长看上你了 |
[14:19] | Put in a good word for me, | 替我说句好话 |
[14:20] | they might let me drive the boat. | 好叫他们让我开船 |
[14:22] | “You’re never gonna believe it, but yesterday… | 你不会相信 我升上等水手了 |
[14:25] | I made Seaman, which is Navy for a glorified deck hand. | 是个光荣的甲板助手 |
[14:27] | I’m still not sure what I’m gonna be, but I’ll make you proud of me yet. | 我会继续为你争光 |
[14:30] | Anyway, Dad, sounds like the mail chopper’s here, | 邮件直升机来了 |
[14:32] | so I better get topside. | 爸 我得赶快上去了 |
[14:33] | Give Mom a big hug for me. Your loving son, Carl. | 替我抱妈一下 爱子卡尔 |
[14:42] | Good afternoon, Chief. | 长官 午安 |
[14:48] | What the– | 怎么… |
[14:55] | Mail chopper clipped a radio mast! | 邮件直升机撞到无线电报员 |
[14:57] | He’s down!He’s down! | 他掉下去了 |
[15:03] | Splash a diver, now! | 立刻派个潜水员下去 |
[15:04] | Men on that chopper. I want ’em up alive. | 机上有人 我要他们活着上来 |
[15:11] | Diver’s coming up. | 潜水员上来了 |
[15:20] | Come on! Faster! Pull him up! Come on, Vince. Pull him up! | 快点 拉他上来 快点 |
[15:23] | Brashear, get on that steadying line. | 布拉谢 去抓住稳定缆 |
[15:27] | Keep it up! Lay back into that! Keep it steady! | 往后拉 |
[15:28] | Keep it steady! Keep it steady! | 稳住 稳住 |
[15:37] | stop | 停 |
[15:39] | Bring him down! | 放他下来 放下来 |
[15:50] | Sailors, get him up! On the hatch. Ready? | 把他抬上去 让他躺在舱门上 |
[15:56] | Face down! | 脸朝下 |
[16:19] | Goddamn!If I’d just been a couple of minutes earlier, he’d be breathin’now! | 该死 早个几分钟他就有救 |
[16:23] | You did your best, | 你们尽全力了 |
[16:25] | Chief Sunday. Lieutenant Hanks. | 山岱士官长 汉克中尉 |
[16:27] | Complete the diving operation | 继续进行潜水程序 |
[16:31] | The copilot is still in the water | 副驾驶还在水里 |
[16:33] | Caughlin, it’s your turn over the side. Bring that man home. Hat him. | 柯林 把他带上来 上潜水装 |
[16:36] | Take Chief Sunday to the chamber for decompression. | 带山岱上尉去减压舱 |
[16:46] | Lay back on him. On the side! | 往后拉 移到那边 |
[16:48] | Diver comin’up and over! | 潜水员升起 就位 |
[17:03] | Chief? | 士官长 |
[17:04] | Drop the goddamn weight!Drop the weight! | 减轻重量 妈的 减重 |
[17:20] | Stand by divers, you’re in! | 待命潜水员 准备下去 |
[17:22] | What the hell’s going on? | 到底怎么回事? |
[17:24] | Master Chief, we just lost Caughlin, sir. | 柯林出事了 长官 |
[17:27] | We got a standby diver going | 待命潜水员 正准备下去 |
[17:28] | He can’t wait that long. | 等不了了 他还没准备好 |
[17:30] | Tellme what you’re doing? I got a man on. | 你到底想干嘛? |
[17:32] | Gonna bounce dive, put him on a rescue line and yank him out. | 进行快速潜水 给他根呼吸管 |
[17:35] | Bounce back before the nitrogen builds in my system. | 下去 氮气累积起来之前上来 |
[17:38] | He’s too deep already, and you will call me “sir.” | 沉太深了 你该称呼我长官 |
[17:41] | Goddamn it, I got a man dyin’ down there, sir! | 我他妈一个属下快挂了 长官 |
[17:44] | Give mea wrench! Give me that spare life line and air hose! | 给我一支板手、一条救生绳 和一根空气管 |
[17:48] | I’ve lost two men on my watch.I’ve got another drowning, | 已经挂了两个 一个快淹死 |
[17:51] | and I’m not about to let you commit suicide. | 我不会让你去自杀 |
[17:52] | You will stand fast! | 站好别动 |
[17:54] | He’ll be dead before you get to him! | 你的人还没到他就死了 |
[17:55] | Stand off! | 站开 |
[17:56] | I will take you to the captain’s mast, | 你碰到水 |
[17:58] | and you will lose if you touch that water, | 我肯定在舰长会议上让你好看 |
[18:00] | do you hear me? | 听到没有? |
[18:01] | Yes, sir! | 是的 长官 |
[18:07] | Goddamn it! | 他妈的 |
[18:28] | Master Chief Sunday, | 山岱首席士官长… |
[18:30] | you’ve sustained a serious embolism. | 你有严重空气栓塞现象 |
[18:33] | Embolism? | 栓塞 |
[18:35] | Both lobes of the lungs were severely scarred. | 两边肺叶都严重受创 |
[18:38] | Can’t cheat the laws of nature forever, can you, Doc? | 不能老是漠视大自然的法则 |
[18:40] | I’m afraid the condition’s totally inoperable. | 你的状况我们也束手无策 |
[18:44] | Ain’t that a bitch? | 真他妈衰毙了 |
[18:49] | So what happens next time I go diving? I start taking on bottom pressure? | 下次我潜水受压时会怎么样? |
[18:53] | Any increased pressure at all will kill you, instantly. | 压力一增加你必死无疑 |
[18:57] | Kill me. Goddamn, for a minute there I thought this was serious. | 妈的 我还以为很严重 |
[19:01] | If you could keep your voice down. | 小声一点 |
[19:02] | Hell, no.Goddamn, I feel like singin’, man. | 才不呢 妈的 我想唱歌 |
[19:07] | Ah, fuck! | 干 |
[19:08] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪? |
[19:09] | Get me a drink. Celebrate. | 喝酒 庆祝啊 |
[19:10] | You had me going. I thought I couldn’t go diving no more. | 你说的 我不是不能潜水了吗 |
[19:13] | Chief Sunday, you’re scaring the patients. | 士官长 你吓到别的病人了 |
[19:14] | How about me?Goddamn. | 那我怎么办?他妈的 |
[19:17] | Hey, I got an idea. Maybe you can use me around here. | 我有个主意 |
[19:18] | Hell, I’m lookin’ to make a career move. | 或许我可以在这里找个差事 |
[19:21] | Maybe, | 我正设法改行 |
[19:23] | maybe you can get someone to change the bed pans! | 可以雇我换便盆啊 |
[19:27] | Change the fuckin’ bed pans! | 换他妈的便盆 |
[19:31] | Change the fuckin’ bed pans! Hey! Hey! | 换他妈的便盆 |
[19:35] | get him out | 带出去 |
[19:38] | Master Chief Sunday, | 山岱首席士官长… |
[19:40] | given your current physical condition… | 以你目前的身体状况… |
[19:42] | and the far graver issue… | 和近来让人痛心的… |
[19:46] | of your recent acts of misconduct, | 违纪行为… |
[19:49] | you will be medically disqualified from diving, | 你将被取消潜水资格 |
[19:52] | fined one-half month’s pay for three months.. | 并处以三个月半薪处罚 |
[19:54] | and reassigned toa training position, | 同时转调为教练 |
[19:56] | where it is my greatest wish… | 我希望你重头学习… |
[20:00] | that you will embrace a new found respect for authority. | 如何遵守法纪 |
[20:07] | This hearing is concluded. | 本次听证结束 |
[20:43] | That’s what I want to be, sir. | 那就是我的目标 长官 |
[20:45] | A Navy Master Diver? | 海军首席潜水士官长 |
[20:47] | Yes, sir | 是的 长官 |
[20:48] | Last week, you were a cook. | 上星期你还是个伙夫 |
[20:50] | Well, the man I just saw | 刚刚那个人… |
[20:51] | The man you saw is a Master Chief. | 刚刚那个人是位首席士官长 |
[20:55] | That’s the highest rank an enlisted man can achieve in the Navy. | 海军士官的最高阶级 |
[20:58] | A lot of good men spend a career trying to get there and fail. | 很多人奋斗一辈子都到不了 |
[21:02] | Besides, | 况且… |
[21:04] | they are not gonna take a colored at diving school. | 潜水学校不收黑人 |
[21:08] | What if you were to give me a personal recommendation, sir? | 如果有你的推荐函呢 长官? |
[21:12] | I just made you a deck seaman three days ago. | 我三天前才升你为上等兵 |
[21:16] | What else do I owe you? | 还欠你什么? |
[21:19] | The way I see it, | 以我看来… |
[21:21] | I owe you, sir. | 是我欠你 长官 |
[21:31] | I’ll endorse your request, | 我会将你的请求发函出去 |
[21:34] | but it ain’t gonna work. | 但 不会有用的 |
[22:13] | Wait outside. | 在外面等 |
[22:22] | Mr. Pappy, Boats wain’s Mate Bras hear is reporting | 帕比先生 舰艇士布拉谢来… |
[22:26] | for duty. | 报到 |
[22:46] | Yeah. Well, look at Mr. Navy. | 瞧瞧我们的海军先生 |
[22:48] | Bell-bottoms bleached. | 笔直的军裤 |
[22:51] | Shoes all shined up. | 啵亮的皮鞋 |
[22:53] | Now alls we need is an organ grinder. | 只差个摇风琴的拌你耍猴戏 |
[22:56] | Welcome to Bayonne, New Jersey. | 欢迎光临纽泽西贝扬 |
[22:57] | Pimple on God’s ass. | 本地烂得像上帝屁股上的疮 |
[22:59] | Chief Sunday, we never met, | 长官 我们没见过面 |
[23:00] | but I served with you on the Hoist. | 但 我们一起在海司特号服役 |
[23:03] | U.S.S. Hoist. I ‘spect I ‘member you now. | 海司特号 我快想起来了 |
[23:07] | So what’s for chow, cookie? | 今天吃什么啊 伙房? |
[23:09] | I wouldn’t know, Chief. | 我不知道 士官长 |
[23:10] | I’m reporting for diving school. | 我是来潜水学校报到的 |
[23:12] | Oh, yeah, that’s right. | 哦 对哦 |
[23:15] | They say you wrote over 100 letters requesting admission to this school. | 你写了上百封申请信 |
[23:18] | You got you some grit in you, huh? | 还真是百折不扰 |
[23:20] | Yes, sir | 是的 长官 |
[23:23] | Well, it’s gonna be a hot one today. | 今天会很热 |
[23:31] | Sure hope you’re better than the last cook. | 希望你比前任伙房好 |
[23:32] | That man’s food could kill your dog. | 他的食物狗吃了都活不了 |
[23:36] | Chief. | 士官长? |
[24:22] | Had yourself anything to drink today? | 你有东西好喝吗? |
[24:24] | No, sir, Chief. | 没有 长官 |
[24:26] | What say we go on into town and get us a nice cold one? | 进城喝点凉的怎么样? |
[24:29] | I can’t do that, Chief. I haven’t reported for duty. | 不行 我还没报到 |
[24:32] | I tell you what. I’ll buy you a tall one over there. | 告诉你 我请你喝大杯的 |
[24:36] | A bus ticket too, so you can go back to whatever burg you sprang from. | 还有巴士票 好让你回家 |
[24:41] | What do you say? | 怎么样啊? |
[24:43] | Sir, I am a Navy man. | 长官 我当定了海军 |
[24:45] | Where I come from, there are no oceans. | 我的故乡没有海 |
[24:48] | Only dirt farms and ornery mules. | 只有自耕农和毛驴 |
[24:53] | And no self-respecting Navy man makes a living driving mules. | 自重的海军不靠驴子为生 |
[25:03] | Sir. | 长官 |
[25:14] | You know what the Chinese say, cookie? | 知道中国人怎么说吗? |
[25:19] | Beware what you wish for. | 当心你许的愿 |
[25:25] | Let him in. | 让他进去 |
[25:27] | I stole a pie! I stole a pie! | 我偷吃派 |
[25:29] | I stole a pie! I stole a pie! | 我偷吃派 |
[25:30] | I stole a pie! I stole a pie! | 我偷吃派 |
[25:32] | I stole a pie! I stole a pie! | 我偷吃派 |
[25:43] | Get in there. Go on. Hoist away. | 进去 快 拉上去 |
[26:02] | Do-Do-Do-Don’t stare at him. | 不准看他 |
[26:05] | Who is he? | 他是谁? |
[26:07] | The commanding officer,b-b-but everyone | 司令官 可是 大家… |
[26:09] | calls him M-M-Mr. Pappy.He’s a war hero. | 叫他帕比先生 一位战场英雄 |
[26:13] | They, they were gonna make him an admiral up in D. C’f-f-fore they, | 本来要升将官 后来却发现… |
[26:17] | they found out he’s got more, more screws loose than a Studebaker. | 他脑袋有螺丝没上紧 |
[26:20] | So they sent him here. | 于是派他来这儿 |
[26:23] | Better salute him or you’ll be spending your first night in the brig. | 敬礼 不然第一晚就关警闭 |
[26:33] | Come on. I’ll show you the barracks. | 跟我来 我带你去营房 |
[27:01] | Attention on deck! | 立正 长官到 |
[27:12] | Gentlemen, in 1948, | 各位… |
[27:14] | President Harry S. Truman had the courage and forward-thinking and enlightenment… | 1948年杜鲁门总统 独具勇气… |
[27:18] | to desegregate the United States military. | 与远见倡议军队不分人种 |
[27:22] | Now I want y’all to welcome the Bayonne Diving School’s first colored trainee, | 欢迎贝扬潜水学校首位黑学生 |
[27:26] | Bosun’s Mate Second Class Carl Brashear. | 舰艇士布拉谢 |
[27:34] | I don’t hear anyone welcomin’ Bosun’s Mate Brashear. | 没听到有人欢迎舰艇士布拉谢 |
[27:43] | Master Chief, | 首席士官长… |
[27:45] | no disrespect to the president, | 不是对总统不敬 |
[27:47] | but I don’t bunk with niggers. | 我不跟黑鬼共处一室 |
[29:03] | Aren’t you gonna go too? | 你不走吗? |
[29:05] | N-N-N-No. | 不 |
[29:08] | I-I-I-I’m from Wisconsin. | 我来自威斯康辛 |
[29:12] | Never been there. | 没去过 |
[29:20] | Haily gets a fast ball low and inside for strike three, | 哈利投出内角偏低快速球 |
[29:24] | and Jackie Robinson strikes out. | 杰基罗宾逊三振出局 |
[29:44] | Rise and shine, cookie. Time for trainin’. | 起床啦 伙夫 出操时间到了 |
[29:53] | Are you familiar with the principle of Boyle’s Law? | 听过波义耳定律吗? |
[29:56] | The what? | 什么? |
[29:58] | I didn’t hear your answer. | 没听到你的回答 |
[30:04] | Come on, cookie. Get up. | 快 伙夫 起床 |
[30:07] | Boyle’s Law states that, at a constant temperature, | 波义耳定律说在恒温下 |
[30:09] | the volume of a confined ideal gas varies inversely | 密闭空间气体的体积 |
[30:11] | with its pressure! | 与压力呈反比 |
[30:14] | -Now why is this law important in divin’? -I don’t know, Chief! | -为什么这定律对潜水很重要? -我不知道 士官长 |
[30:17] | You ain’t never gonna know, ’cause you’re just some dumb dirt nigger from Podunk! | 因为你只是鸟地方来的蠢黑鬼 |
[30:21] | I know you. Your sweet smell hung in every bunk | 我了解你 你身上还有… |
[30:23] | and goddamn shack I ever lived in. | 我也待过的那种破狗窝味道 |
[30:26] | Your nigger face stared at me every time we had to leave… | 我们每次被扫地出门都因为 |
[30:29] | ’cause your daddy could farm it cheaper than mine. | 你老爸向地主要求比较少 |
[30:31] | Mine drank himself into a $7 casket, but that ain’t gonna happen to me… | 他最后醉死了 但我不一样 |
[30:35] | because I’m a Master Diver! | 我是首席潜水士官长 |
[30:37] | Maybe you’ll remember that next time you imply we got anything in common! | 下次不准再暗示我们臭气相投 |
[30:41] | You read me, cookie? | 听懂了吗 伙夫? |
[30:47] | Get your goddamn Wisconsin ass…back to bed, Snowhill! | 威斯康辛尊臀请回床 史诺希 |
[31:21] | The men you are watching are going to be Navy divers. | 各位眼前的人… |
[31:23] | The men you are watching are going to be Navy divers. | 将会成为海军潜水员 |
[31:26] | You bottom suckers are not fit to observe them. | 你们这低等动物连看都不够格 |
[31:29] | Avert your eyes! | 把眼光移开 |
[31:31] | My name is Master Chief Billy Sunday. | 本人大名比利山岱首席士官长 |
[31:34] | There’s a preacher by the same name cleaned up Chicago… | 芝加哥有位跟我同名的牧师 |
[31:37] | of all the whorin’ spics, drunken wops and motherfuckin’ niggers… | 纵容西裔淫虫义裔酒鬼和黑鬼 |
[31:41] | that was makin’ that place unfit for decent white folks to liv | 使正直白人无法好好生活 |
[31:46] | The only difference between me and that old preacher… | 我跟那牧师唯一的不同是… |
[31:49] | is that he worked for God | 他为上帝工作 |
[31:50] | and I am God! | 而我本人就是上帝 |
[31:55] | Now, why don’t the first ten of you Girl Scouts step forward? | 前十名女童军向前一步 |
[31:59] | Come on! Drop your dicks! Let’s go! | 快 不要忸怩作态 |
[32:04] | Three quarters of you standing here today…will fail to become Navy divers. | 在场的四分之三会被刷掉 |
[32:09] | Three from the first row, step forward. | 第一排前三名站出来 |
[32:12] | Step forward! | 站出来啊 |
[32:16] | Of those unfortunates that do pass, | 不幸合格的人中 |
[32:18] | only three of you will live to reach retirement… | 只有三个能活到退休 |
[32:21] | ’cause divin’is the most dangerous job in the Navy. | 因为潜水是海军最危险的任务 |
[32:26] | So who wants to quit? | 谁想打退堂鼓? |
[32:28] | Say it now, who wants to quit? | 现在说 谁想打退堂鼓? |
[32:31] | You got somethin’ to offer, huh? | 你会有什么贡献? |
[32:37] | Who wants to save me the sweat of training your sorry ass? | 谁想让我少白花点力气 |
[32:42] | You? | 你? |
[32:43] | You? | 你? |
[32:45] | Cookie? | 伙夫? |
[32:51] | You? | 你? |
[32:54] | You gonna look me in the eye, son, huh? | 不敢看我的眼睛吗? |
[32:58] | What are you, some kind of broke-dick Popeye? | 你是谁?阳痿卜派吗? |
[33:04] | Huh? Let me guess.You were captain of the swim team, weren’t you? | 我猜 你以前是游泳队长 |
[33:08] | You and your girlfriend used to practice the breast stroke! | 成天跟女友在床上练蛙式 |
[33:16] | Say it like you got a pair! | 有种大声说出来 |
[33:18] | My w-w-w-wife | 我太…太 |
[33:21] | It’s in your record. You knocked her up sophomore year. | 因为二年级时把她肚子搞大了 |
[33:25] | Well, maybe you can bring the little w-w-w-woman down one night… | 哪天晚上带你的小女…女人来 |
[33:29] | and all the boys can practice the b-b-b-breast stroke. | 让大家练练蛙式 |
[33:34] | I heard you were a hell of a swimmer, Snowhill. | 听说你游得不错 史诺希 |
[33:38] | State champ? | 州冠军是吧? |
[33:39] | Y-Yes, y-yes, M-Master Chief. | 是 是的 首席士官长 |
[33:46] | Snowhill, please step forward. | 史诺希 请站出来 |
[33:48] | Come on. | 齐步走 |
[33:51] | About face. | 向后转 |
[33:58] | You let go before I relieve you, | 我没下令你敢松手 你就被当 |
[34:01] | you fail my course right now, got it, swim champ? | 听到吗 冠军? |
[34:11] | Swimmin’ don’t got dick shit to do with deep-sea divin’. | 游泳跟深海潜水有个屁关系 |
[34:15] | If Johnny fuckin’ Weismuller were in the soup… | 五面奥运金牌游泳健将 |
[34:17] | wearin’ a 200-pound Mark Five divin’ rig, | 若穿上200磅的潜水装下水 |
[34:20] | he couldn’t swim to fuck if she was three feet in front of him buck naked. | 三英尺外有个裸女他都游不到 |
[34:25] | The only way to survive is to trust each other, | 要生存 只能靠信赖 |
[34:27] | ’cause underwater all you got is the man next to you. | 水底下 只有靠身边的人 |
[34:29] | And that is why the only men that get through my course are the very, very best. | 通过我这关的 都是佼佼者 |
[34:34] | Now get out of my sight. | 现在全部给我滚 |
[34:48] | Permission to relieve the man below, Master Chief. | 请求释放水下的人 |
[34:50] | What are you, cookie, some kind of goddamn hero? | 你是什么东西?伙夫 英雄? |
[34:53] | I got no room in my class for heroes or stutterin’ swim champs… | 本班容不下英雄 |
[34:55] | with a wife and kids to worry about, do you read me? | 或担心妻小的结巴游泳冠军 |
[34:58] | If you wanna flunk me, flunk me, but don’t punish him for being decent to me. | 当我 不要因他对我好处罚他 |
[35:02] | I don’t have to flunk you. You’re gonna do that all on your own. He had half a chance. | 凭你必当 他还有一半机会 |
[35:06] | He still does. Permission to relieve him. | 他还有机会 请释放他 |
[35:09] | Claims he can hold his breath over four minutes. | 申请表上他说可以闭气四分钟 |
[35:12] | Hell, it ain’t even been two. | 现在还不到两分钟 |
[35:14] | I believe Gunner’s Mate Snowhill’s a liar! | 我相信舰炮士史诺希撒谎 |
[35:17] | Now we’re men of honor, ain’t we, cookie? We don’t abide liars. | 我们是荣誉之人 不收骗子 |
[35:20] | You’re out of my program, Snowhill. | 你被除名了 史诺希 |
[35:23] | Bosun’s Mate Brashear, you have the barracks to yourself. | 布拉谢 寝室你一人独享 |
[35:30] | The Navy diver is not a fighting man. | 海军潜水员是救难专家 |
[35:34] | He is a salvage expert. | 掉在水里的 他负责寻获 |
[35:36] | If it’s lost underwater, he finds it. | 沉下去的 他负责打捞 |
[35:38] | If it’s sunk, he brings it up. If it’s in the way, he moves it. | 东西挡住了 他负责移开 |
[35:39] | If he’s lucky, | 好运的话 |
[35:40] | he’ll die young 200 feet beneath the waves… | 他能死在200英尺深的海底 |
[35:43] | for that is the closest he will ever get to being a hero. | 因为这是成为英雄的最低标准 |
[35:45] | Hell, I don’t know why anybody’d want to be a Navy diver. | 搞不懂为什么有人想当潜水员 |
[35:49] | Good flange work, Rourke. Almost there. | 接合的好 路克 快好了 |
[35:52] | Thank you, Master Chief. | 谢谢 首席士官长 |
[36:02] | Machinist’s Mate Rourke, 91. | 机械士路克 91分 |
[36:04] | Bosun’s Mate Brashear, 37. | 舰艇士布拉谢 37分 |
[36:08] | If you fail the next test, you’re out of the program. | 再不及格就会被退学 |
[36:11] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[36:12] | There are seats of learning beyond the walls and control of this camp. | 考虑一下校外的私人教学机构 |
[36:23] | Ladies, this is weekend liberty. | 女士们 本周末放假 |
[36:27] | Anyone’s ass that ain’t back here on time will have to answer to me personally. | 迟归者必须向本人报到 |
[36:32] | And remember, ladies, one-night stands may be over by mornin’, | 记住 一夜风流天亮就结束 |
[36:35] | but syp hilis lasts a lifetime. | 梅毒却会纠缠一辈子 |
[36:38] | Dismissed! | 解散 |
[36:58] | Flowers! Hey, how about some flowers for your young lady, huh? | 嘿 为女友买束花吧? |
[37:18] | What’s the hitch? | 礼多必诈 |
[37:25] | You’re the one who called. | 打电话来的就是你 |
[37:26] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[37:28] | I told you. We’re a public library, | 我说过 这是公共图书馆 |
[37:31] | not a tutoring service. | 不是家教中心 |
[37:33] | Now, if you don’t mind, there is a Mr. Biddle at home | 不瞒你说 我家已有男主人 |
[37:38] | In fact, he’s probably brought flowers. | 而且 可能也为我买了花 |
[37:56] | Have a wonderful weekend. And lock up, would you? | 周末愉快 帮忙锁门 |
[38:00] | And be sure to kick him out. | 记得踢他出去 |
[38:04] | Hello. | 哈啰 |
[38:07] | We’re closed. | 关门了 |
[38:09] | Not for three minutes. | 还有三分钟 |
[38:11] | You studying on nursin’? | 你研究护理? |
[38:13] | A person doesn’t “study on” anything, Bosun’s Mate. | 我不”研究”任何东西 舰艇士 |
[38:19] | You know your rates and ranks. Did you get that from one of these books? | 你懂得阶级 书上学来的吗? |
[38:25] | Look, I’m not here to flirt with you. | 我不是来找你搭讪 |
[38:29] | I’m in diving school across the river. | 我念河对岸的潜水学校 |
[38:31] | I’m not just good at it. I was born for it. | 我不只在行 还是天生好手 |
[38:35] | But the joke is, I’m gonna wash out if I don’t pass my next exam. | 但 再考不及格会被刷掉 |
[38:38] | What was the last grade you completed in school? | 你念完几年级? |
[38:41] | Seventh. | 七年级 |
[38:42] | -I can’t help you. -Why not? | -我帮不上忙 -为什么? |
[38:44] | Because it took me four years of working at places like this… | 我为医专熬了四年 |
[38:48] | Now I have six weeks to study for my exam. | 只剩六周准备大考 |
[38:51] | I pass, I become an intern, | 通过就是实习医生 |
[38:53] | and maybe someday become a doctor. | 有朝一日可能成为医生 |
[38:55] | You’re too far behind, and I don’t have the time. | 你荒废太多了 我也没时间 |
[38:59] | Okay. Go on. Walk around reading to yourself. | 继续说 |
[39:01] | Don’t give me another thought. Just go on. | 自己念 别指望我 |
[39:03] | Don’t you get it?Whether I help you or not doesn’t matter. | 你还不懂?我帮不帮无关紧要 |
[39:07] | You’re gonna fail anyway. | 你终究毕不了业 |
[39:08] | I won’t. | 不会的 |
[39:11] | I can’t. | 我不许失败 |
[39:15] | Why do you want this so badly? | 为什么非此莫属? |
[39:17] | Because they said I couldn’t have it. | 因为他们说我做不到 |
[39:40] | I may know a professor at City– | 市立学院有位教授可能… |
[40:30] | Boyle’s Law describes | 波义耳定律阐述 |
[40:31] | the behavior of gases undervarying amounts of atmospheric pressure. | 不同压力下的气体变化 |
[40:35] | It states that if a diver holds his breath at 100 feet, | 它说潜入水里100英尺屏住气 |
[40:41] | then the gases in his lungs increase four times. | 肺里的空气会增加四倍 |
[40:44] | Now why is this important to a diver? | 为什么这很重要? |
[40:46] | Forget to exhale on the way up, and your lungs explode. | 浮起时忘了呼气 肺会爆炸 |
[40:52] | I can work with you, but my time is precious. | 我可以帮你 但时间宝贵 |
[40:56] | So the first time you go out drinking and fighting… | 如果你去喝酒打架让我空等 |
[41:01] | and leave me waiting here, our arrangement ends. | 我就不管你了 |
[41:08] | Good morning. | 早安 |
[41:20] | I, um… | 我…唔… |
[41:23] | have to open up. | 要去开门 |
[41:25] | Now are you gonna tell me your name, or is it still a secret? | 你叫什么名字?还得保密? |
[41:28] | My name is Jo. | 我叫乔 |
[41:32] | My father always wanted a boy. | 我爸一直想要个儿子 |
[41:36] | He was in the Navy too. | 他也是海军 |
[41:38] | Is he still active? | 还在服役吗? |
[41:41] | I haven’t seen him since I was nine. | 九岁后就没见过他 |
[41:57] | Mm-mm, mm-mm. Like this. | 不 是这样 |
[42:07] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[42:11] | Fire Controlman Mellegrano, 91. | 炮火士马勒葛诺 91分 |
[42:13] | Mate DuBoyce, 85. | 下士杜波斯 85分 |
[42:15] | Engineman Crofoot, 69. | 轮机士克罗傅 69分 |
[42:18] | Bosun’s Mate Carl Brashear, | 舰艇士卡尔布拉谢… |
[42:22] | 76. | 76分 |
[42:33] | Boots, cookie, tear yourselves away, ladies. | 靴子和伙夫 下一波下水 |
[42:37] | You’re next in the water. You’re gonna go down to the training vessel, | 将训练艇的船身补起来 |
[42:39] | patch ahole so we canpump her full of air and raise her to the surface. | 以便能将她充气 |
[42:41] | Then we’re gonna sink her and do it again. | 让她浮上来 然后再弄沉重来 |
[42:51] | Chief, what the hell’s goin’ on down there? | 底下怎么了? |
[42:53] | That boy stays down there any longer, he’s gonna start gettin’ mail. | 再久一点 可以写信去了 |
[43:05] | Isert, come on. Finish torching that hole. | 以赛快将洞焊起来 |
[43:07] | I’m tryin’, but this thing’s real awkward. | 我在焊啊 真的很难搞 |
[43:11] | How’s it look? | 做得怎么样? |
[43:13] | Looks like hell. | 难看死了 |
[43:14] | Green Diver, this is Master Chief Sunday. | 绿潜水员 你剩下三分钟 |
[43:18] | You have three minutes to get your patch hot and hung before the next team comes down. | 下一组到达前留在原处 |
[43:20] | Nowcome on, Isert! Move your raggedy ass! | 以赛 动作快一点 |
[43:23] | RedDiver? | 红潜水员? |
[43:24] | Yes, Master Chief. | 是的 首席士官长 |
[43:25] | God damn it, Rourke, I’ve had girlfriends that could weld faster than that. | 我女朋友都焊得比较快 |
[43:28] | Now move him along. | 催他快一点 |
[43:31] | Come on, Isert. Now hang your patch | 将补丁焊上去 以赛 |
[43:32] | Yeah, okay, Rourke. I’m trying. | 我在焊啊 路克 |
[43:41] | Hey, Isert, you feel that? | 你有感觉吗? |
[43:43] | Do I feel what? | 感觉什么? |
[43:46] | What the hell? | 怎么回事? |
[43:48] | Topside, this wreck is moving! | 水面单位 废船在动 |
[43:53] | She’s limping, Chief! We’re sliding down! | 她在移动 我们往下滑 |
[43:56] | Somebody tell me what just happened? | 发生了什么事? |
[43:59] | Get it! Grab that hose! | 快 抓住管子 |
[44:15] | Red Diver, what’s your situation? | 红潜水员 目前状况如何? |
[44:16] | The ship just dropped 50 feet. | 船身滑下了50英尺 |
[44:20] | Better bring those boys home till we figure this out. | 最好带他们上来 |
[44:22] | Square yourselves away. You’re coming home. | 潜水员 返回基地 |
[44:24] | Negative on the come home. | 无法照办 水面单位 |
[44:26] | Isert’s got his air hose tangled. | 以赛的空气管缠住了 |
[44:29] | My air hose is stuck! | 我的空气管卡住了 |
[44:30] | Fouled. Now get it unfouled. | 缠住 设法解开 |
[44:36] | Rourke, what’s wrong? Why are we movin’? | 路克怎么了?我们怎么在动? |
[44:39] | We slipped partway down the channel bank. | 我们滑下了海沟 |
[44:46] | This wreck is live! | 废船在动 |
[44:49] | I’m gonna have to change out his lifeline and air hose. | 我要帮他换空气管 |
[44:51] | Listen, Rourke. | 听好 路克 |
[44:52] | He’s your buddy. You follow his line back, unfoul it and get him out of there. | 他是你弟兄 帮他解开 救他出来 |
[44:55] | I’m trying, but it’s just too tight. | 我在试 太紧了 |
[44:57] | Send down a line! | 送一条空气管下来 |
[45:00] | Help! | 请求支援 |
[45:01] | I need help down here. | 我需要支援 |
[45:03] | Help’s on the way. | 后援已经上路 |
[45:04] | I’m ready, Master Chief. | 我已就绪 首席士官长 |
[45:05] | Dennis, undress him. | 帮他卸装 |
[45:06] | You can’t go down there. | 你不能下去 |
[45:07] | Better not be talking to me. I won’t haveyour familiar tone. | 注意你的口气 伙夫 |
[45:12] | You can’t dive that deep. | 你潜不了那么深 |
[45:14] | I’m ready. Let me go. | 我准备好了 让我去 |
[45:23] | Master Chief, | 首席士官长… |
[45:25] | it looks like the ship slid down on some discharge pipes coming from that factory. | 看来船沿着工厂的管子滑下去 |
[45:30] | They give out, and this whole ship’s going right to the bottom. | 管子一断 船会落入海沟底 |
[45:34] | You don’t worry about that boat.Just get that hose to Rourke. | 不要管船 只要将管子给路克 |
[45:45] | For God’s sake! | 我的老天啊 |
[45:47] | What the hell was that, cookie? | 到底什么事 伙夫? |
[45:50] | The ship’s weight is crushing those pipes, Chief. | 船快压断管子了 |
[45:53] | Gotta get him on a fresh hose and out of here fast! | 帮他换上气管赶快离开 |
[45:57] | Topside, Blue Diver’s here. He’s gota fresh line. | 水面 蓝潜水员带气管抵达 |
[46:00] | All right, lsert. Rourke’s gonna change you out, and you’re gonna be walking out of there. | 以赛 路克会帮你换气管 |
[46:03] | That boy’s got five minutes | 路克 气管关闭后 |
[46:05] | of air if he don’t panic. | 潜水装里只有五分钟的空气 |
[46:07] | You screw up the change out, and that boy’s dead, read me? | 搞不定 以赛就挂了 懂吗? |
[46:09] | Yes, Master Chief. | 是的 首席士官长 |
[46:10] | Isert, we’re not gonna be able to talk for a few minutes. | 以赛 几分钟内你不能讲话 |
[46:13] | I want you to think of your favorite song, and I want you tosing it. | 唱首喜欢的歌给自己听 |
[46:16] | I don’t know any songs. | 我一首都不会唱 |
[46:17] | You got to slow your respiration. Breathe easy.Just breathe easy. | 你要把呼吸放慢 放轻松 |
[46:21] | Please. I wasn’t made for this. | 拜托 我不是潜水的料 |
[46:24] | I want to go home now! I want to go home now! | 我要上去 我要上去 |
[46:27] | Would you let me come home now? | 让我上去好吗? |
[46:30] | I want to quit!l want to quit! I really want to quit! | 我要退学 我真的要退学 |
[46:34] | I want to quit! | 我不干了 |
[46:36] | Change him out now! | 帮他换空气管 |
[46:40] | She’s movin’, Chief! | 她又动了 |
[46:41] | Come on, Rourke! I got him! | 快点 路克 |
[46:44] | oh fuck | 哦 妈的 干 |
[46:50] | Topside, Isert’s off air. | 水面 以赛没气了 |
[46:55] | What’s going on down there? | 情况如何? |
[46:57] | She’s gonna roll over! | 她快翻过去了 |
[46:58] | I ‘spect so. You stay down there, and you change that boy out, hear me? | 预料之中 留下来帮他换管子 |
[47:05] | I’m out of here!I gotta get out of here! | 我要离开 我必须出去 |
[47:08] | She’s going down! | 她要掉下去了 |
[47:09] | Rourke, come back here! | 回来这里 |
[47:11] | Rourke, get back here! | 路克 回来 |
[47:13] | I ain’t dying!I’m out of here. | 我不想死 我要走 |
[47:15] | Don’t leave! Carl, don’t leave me! | 不要走 不要丢下我 |
[47:19] | I need my air hose! I can’t breathe, Carl! | 空气管 我不能呼吸 卡尔 |
[47:22] | I’m getting dizzy! | 我好晕 |
[47:50] | I can’t breathe. | 我无法呼吸 |
[48:08] | Topside, he’s blacking out! | 水面 他快晕过去了 |
[48:09] | Goddamn it, hook him up! | 妈的 把空气管接上 |
[48:13] | I got it! | 快搞定了 |
[48:36] | We’re coming home, Chief. | 我们要上来了 士官长 |
[48:37] | Never doubted it. | 我一直有信心 |
[49:10] | Machinist Mate First Class Rourke, front and center! | 机械士路克 出列站在中间 |
[49:25] | “The president of the United States of America… | 美国总统 |
[49:28] | takes great pleasure inpresenting the Navy and Marine Corps Medal of Heroism… | 兹颁发海军英雄勋章 |
[49:31] | to Machinist Mate First Class Dylan Rourke, | 予机械上士迪伦路克 |
[49:35] | whereby Petty Officer Rourke on the 22nd of September of the year 1952, | 表彰他于1952年 9月22日 |
[49:40] | with apparent disregard for his own life, | 不顾己身安危 奋勇营救同胞 |
[49:44] | did, at Bayonne, New Jersey, save the life of Petty Officer Timothy Douglas Isert.” | 上士提摩西道格拉斯以赛 |
[50:09] | Post. | 入列 |
[50:22] | Class 0252 dismissed. | 0252班解散 |
[51:00] | Hey, I got your telegram. | 我收到你的电报了 |
[51:02] | No, no, no. I got the wire. How’s Daddy doing? | 收到电文了 爸爸好点了吗? |
[51:06] | Is he up and around again? | 可以下床走动了吗? |
[52:24] | Hello? Carl? Is that you? | 卡尔 是你吗? |
[52:26] | Hey,Jo. Hey, it’s me. | 嘿 乔 是我 |
[52:29] | Where are you? Are you okay? | 你在哪?还好吧? |
[52:33] | No, I’m okay. I’m okay. | 我还好 还好 |
[52:36] | Uh, listen, uh, | 听我说… |
[52:40] | c-could you meet me? | 可以见个面吗? |
[52:48] | Goddamn it! | 可恶 |
[52:49] | Damn it! The miserable son of a bitch | 狼心狗肺的东西 |
[52:51] | in there drinkin’ on my anniversary! | 结婚纪念日来这儿喝酒 |
[53:03] | You’re the one, aren’tyou? | 你就是那一个 对吗? |
[53:09] | Well, I’m Gwen… Sunday. | 我是葛汶山岱 |
[53:22] | Sorry to hear that. | 还真不幸 |
[53:33] | You know he’s gonna kick you out of the Navy. | 你知道他要把你扫地出门 |
[53:41] | He’s gonna kick you out of diving. | 赶出潜水学校 |
[53:49] | So what you gonna do about it? | 你有什么对策? |
[53:53] | You just gonna let him run you over, just like you do everyone else? | 按往例 忍受他的淫威? |
[54:02] | You know, he’s in there right now. | 他就在里面 |
[54:07] | He wanted a party,let’s give him one. | 既然他想找乐子 就陪他玩玩 |
[54:16] | She told me it was okay to dance with a girl. | 她说可以跟女孩们跳舞 |
[54:28] | Oh, llove this song! | 我喜欢这首歌 |
[54:40] | Donny, | 唐尼… |
[54:42] | be a dear lad and get us two scotches. | 行行好来两杯威士忌 |
[54:45] | We’re out. | 卖完了 |
[54:47] | Lucky for us, you got a whole bar full of bourbon. | 所幸你还有一整间波本 |
[55:01] | What the hell are you doing, bringin’ him in here? | 怎么带他进来? |
[55:08] | Get out. | 出去 |
[55:09] | Well, I’ll be goddamned. | 我他妈眼花了是吧 |
[55:12] | It’s prom night here at the Moor Bar. | 摩尔酒吧今晚举办毕业舞会吗 |
[55:15] | You boys, you have a drink on me. Go ahead. | 我请大家一杯 喝吧 |
[55:23] | Hell, I don’t know who classes up the joint more– | 不晓得谁让我们高尚了起来 |
[55:26] | the fetching young lady in the fur stole or cookie here. | 是骚婆娘还是伙夫? |
[55:30] | So what’d you two kids come here to do anyway? Dance? | 两个小鬼头来干嘛?跳舞? |
[55:34] | Why not take a turn? | 下场跳啊? |
[55:36] | It’s a free country, mostly. | 大体上这是个自由国度 |
[55:38] | You made a big mistake, walking in here, cookie. | 进来你可就错大了 伙夫 |
[55:41] | Oh, it’s my fault. | 是我的错 |
[55:43] | It’s all your fault. | 全是你的错 |
[55:45] | Spoiled little rich girl re | 惯坏的富家千金想寻欢 |
[55:46] | gets her kicks draggin’ stray men in he | 结果拉些游民进来 |
[55:49] | Thinks we’re just a bunch of sweaty rednecks she can shake up for the fun of it. | 以为我们是群乡巴佬 |
[55:51] | she can shake up for the fun of it. | 她可以逗着取乐 |
[55:54] | Hey, Donny, bea dearlad and bring the lady a fresh soldier. | 唐尼 行行好给小姐来个新兵 |
[56:00] | Think you deserve a beer, don’t you? | 你以为你有资格来? |
[56:03] | Fraternizing among Navy men. | 跟海军弟兄称兄道弟? |
[56:06] | Think you’re as good as they are? | 以为你可以平起平坐? |
[56:08] | How ’bout me, cookie? You better than me? | 还有我?你比我屌? |
[56:10] | You’re damn right, I am. | 那当然 |
[56:19] | You see this pipe? | 看到这根烟斗没? |
[56:21] | General MacArthur himself smoked this pipe. | 麦克阿瑟将军用过 |
[56:26] | I served with him in Leyte Gulf. | 莱特湾战役时我是他部属 |
[56:28] | Biggest naval battle in history. | 史上最大规模海战 |
[56:30] | Kamikaze ripped into this escort carrier, name of Saint Lo. | 神风特攻队冲进圣罗号巡洋舰 |
[56:34] | She went down on a shallow reef, | 她沉入浅珊瑚滩中 |
[56:36] | trapping me and six boys in the fire room. | 我和六位同胞困在机房里 |
[56:39] | Only one way out. | 只有一个方法可以脱逃 |
[56:40] | Flood the compartment and swim up. | 开门淹水 游出去 |
[56:42] | Five decks, cookie. Five fuckin’ decks. | 五层船舱 妈的五层 |
[56:46] | Locked bulk heads, dead bodies everywhere. | 舱门紧锁 尸横遍地 |
[56:49] | You got to have your balls screwed on tight for that swim. | 想到游这趟老二都发麻 |
[56:53] | We still had intercom. | 通话系统还有作用 |
[56:54] | Old MacArthur himself came over that squawk box, | 老麦克阿瑟亲自通话 |
[56:57] | “Sunday, you cocky son of a bitch, | 山岱 好个硬汉 |
[56:59] | I bet you can’t hold your breath for four minutes and swim out of there.” | 我赌你能憋气四分钟 |
[57:01] | Know what I said back? | 安然游出来听懂了吗? |
[57:05] | ” No, Mac, I can’t, but I’ll bet you your cob pipe… | 不 麦克 不行 但是… |
[57:08] | I can hold it for five, | 为了你的烟斗我赌憋五分钟 |
[57:11] | ’cause that’s what it’s gonna take, motherfucker.” | 因为那样才上得去 猪头 |
[57:14] | C-C-C-Carl, this ain’t worth | 卡尔 不值得啦 |
[57:15] | Get your hands off me. | 放开我 |
[57:17] | There’s six men still breathin’ today, ’cause I led ’em out of that fire room. | 因为我六个人才能活到现在 |
[57:21] | And now just ’cause you pulled little Isert’s white little fuckin’ ass… | 不过把以赛拉出泥沼里的舢舨 |
[57:26] | out of some row boat sunk in a mud puddle, you think you’re better than me? | 就以为比我屌吗?来比比看 |
[57:38] | What’s your bet, cookie? | 你赌什么 伙夫? |
[57:41] | Put Snowhill back in diving. | 让史诺希复学 |
[57:44] | What do you owe him? | 你欠他什么? |
[57:45] | Nothing. You owe him. | 什么都不欠 是你欠他 |
[57:46] | Oh, yeah? | 哦 是吗?没关系 |
[57:48] | Fine. If I win, you ship out, tonight. Deal? | 我赢 你今晚就滚 说定了? |
[57:56] | Deal. | 说定了 |
[57:58] | Show him, Master Chief! | 给他点颜色瞧瞧 首席士官长 |
[58:03] | Will you be my tender? | 当我的助手好吗? |
[58:04] | Yeah. | 好 |
[58:11] | no | 不 |
[58:34] | Let’s go, baby! | 加油 |
[58:44] | Come on, Sunday! | 加油 |
[58:51] | Go! | 开始 |
[58:54] | Come on, Master ChiefSunday! | 士官长加油 |
[59:10] | One minute, fifteen seconds. | 一分十五秒 |
[59:39] | Two minutes, twenty-five seconds. | 二分二十五秒 |
[59:41] | Hey, it’s another ten bucks right here! | 我赌十块钱 |
[59:57] | Three minutes, ten seconds! | 三分十秒 |
[1:00:15] | Four minutes! | 四分钟 |
[1:00:20] | Stop it! | 别比了吧 |
[1:00:21] | Chief. | 士官长 |
[1:00:22] | Stop it! Stop! | 别比了 |
[1:00:37] | Rourke, stop it! | 路克 停止比赛 |
[1:00:47] | Carl, you-you okay? Carl? | 卡尔 你还好吗 卡尔? |
[1:00:54] | Chief Sunday, you all right? | 山岱长官 你还好吗? |
[1:00:59] | Hold it! | 扶着他 |
[1:01:03] | He’s all right.He’s all right. | 他没事 他没事 |
[1:01:10] | Let’s go! | 闪人 |
[1:01:11] | Joe | 乔 |
[1:01:12] | She tried to drive off the pier like a crazy woman! | 她想开下码头 |
[1:01:14] | Get her outta the car! | 把她抬出车来 |
[1:01:20] | You know, today’s my wedding anniversary. | 今天是我的结婚纪念日 |
[1:01:25] | Come on, move, move. Come on, babe. | 让开 让开 |
[1:01:27] | Come on, baby, come on. | 走吧 宝贝 |
[1:01:29] | No, not you, Billy! | 你怎么可以这样 比利 |
[1:01:31] | Come on, baby. Come on. | 走啦 宝贝 |
[1:01:33] | Bastard! | 混蛋 |
[1:01:41] | Come on, baby, let’s go home. | 走啦 走啦 |
[1:01:45] | Come on, baby, let’s go home | 走啊 回家啦 |
[1:01:48] | Come on. | 走啦 |
[1:01:50] | Go on home now. Nothin’ to see here. | 大家回去吧 |
[1:01:52] | Jo. | 乔 乔 |
[1:01:55] | Jo! | 乔 |
[1:01:59] | I can’t do this, Carl. . | 我无法接受 卡尔 |
[1:02:01] | I can’t live this life again | 我不能再过这种生活 |
[1:02:04] | I pulled my father out of more Navy bars than I care to count. | 我把我爸拉出酒吧无数次 |
[1:02:07] | Jo, you don’t know what happened tonight. | 你不懂怎么回事 |
[1:02:08] | Oh, but I do. | 谁说我不懂? |
[1:02:15] | I passed my finals. | 我通过毕业考了 |
[1:02:17] | Oh, I’m sorry. I’m sorry,Jo. | 对不起 对不起 乔 |
[1:02:20] | The point is, I’m gonna be starting my internship at Bellevue. | 重点是我要开始在贝勒伍实习 |
[1:02:24] | It’s gonna be crazy hours. I won’t have time to see you. | 没有时间跟你见面 |
[1:02:26] | I made a mistake.It won’t happen again. | 这种事不会再发生 |
[1:02:28] | Oh, yes, it will. | 会的 还会 |
[1:02:30] | You wanted to fight that man. You were just waiting for the moment. | 你一直想跟他打一架 你一直在等机会 |
[1:02:36] | Don’t you see… | 你看不出来吗… |
[1:02:38] | I’m not like you? | 我跟你不一样 |
[1:02:41] | The things I want– | 我追求的东西… |
[1:02:46] | The things I want are smaller. | 我追求的东西比较渺小 |
[1:02:50] | If I just work hard and keep my head down… | 如果我努力工作 安分守己… |
[1:02:53] | Your whole life will pass you by. | 你会过得索然无味 |
[1:03:03] | Carl, most of what’s in those diving books… | 卡尔… |
[1:03:05] | you know better than, than me. | 潜水书里的东西你比我还懂 |
[1:03:10] | You don’t need me anymore. You don’t need anyone. | 你不再需要我或任何人的帮忙 |
[1:03:14] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:03:39] | Jo! | 乔 |
[1:03:50] | He wants to know if you’ll marry him. | 他在问你要不要嫁给他 |
[1:04:24] | Come in. | 进来 |
[1:04:26] | Watch the door, Chief. Try not to touch anything. | 小心门 不要碰到任何东西 |
[1:05:05] | Did you know that ordinary house dust… | 你知不知道室内的灰尘 |
[1:05:08] | is composed primarily of human skin? | 大部分是人类的皮肤? |
[1:05:13] | No, sir, I didn’t know that. | 不 长官 我不知道 |
[1:05:16] | Makes you think twice about who you invite into your home | 逼你三思你请进门的人 |
[1:05:32] | Two table spoons of machine oil can contaminate… | 两匙机油就可以污染 |
[1:05:37] | an entire ship’s fresh water supply. | 整艘船的饮用水 |
[1:05:44] | Some things just don’t mix. | 有些东西就是不能混在一起 |
[1:05:49] | Do they, Chief? | 可以吗 士官长? |
[1:05:55] | He’s gonna pass. | 他会通过考试 |
[1:05:58] | Yesterday, he scored a 94 onhis final. | 昨天笔试他考94分 |
[1:06:01] | Sir, he don’t have to be that fast tomorrow. | 明天的测验他不需要快 |
[1:06:04] | All he’s got to do is complete the exercise. | 只要能完成指定操作 |
[1:06:11] | Billy… | 比利… |
[1:06:19] | there may come a day when a colored diver graduates from this school, | 总有一天有黑人从本校毕业 |
[1:06:23] | but it won’t be tomorrow | 但 不是明天 |
[1:06:25] | or as long as I’m here. | 也不能在我任内的任何一天 |
[1:06:29] | You agree with me, of course. | 你想必同意我的话 |
[1:06:33] | Don’t you, Chief? | 不是吗 士官长? |
[1:06:35] | Yes, sir. | 我同意 长官 |
[1:07:13] | Baseball season’s over, cookie. | 棒球季结束啰 |
[1:07:17] | I figured Rourke. I never even let myself think– | 我想是路克 不许自己怀疑… |
[1:07:20] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[1:07:22] | ‘Cause I saw your last dive. | 因为我看到你上次潜水 |
[1:07:26] | You want to know what I am? I’m the sorry son a bitch put here… | 想知道我扮什么角色吗? |
[1:07:28] | to get through your thick fucking skull | 负责教训你的倒霉王八蛋 |
[1:07:32] | that some things do not change. | 有些事是不会改变的 |
[1:07:34] | I deserve to pass. | 我理当及格 |
[1:07:35] | Since when does deserving mean anything? | 是又如何? |
[1:07:37] | They ain’t gonna have a colored diver. | 他们不接受黑人潜水员 |
[1:07:39] | ‘Cause no matter what you do, in their eyes, | 因为在他们眼里 |
[1:07:41] | you’ll never be as good as them. | 你永远比较低等 |
[1:07:42] | So, deserving or otherwise, you’re failing. | 所以你一定会失败 |
[1:07:44] | No, you are. | 不 失败的是你 |
[1:07:45] | You think I owe you somethin’? | 你认为我欠你什么? |
[1:07:47] | I don’t owe you a goddamn fucking thing. | 我连屁都不欠你 |
[1:07:50] | You or anybody else. You got fucked, cookie. Happens to the best of us. | 你没受到公平待遇 伙夫 一流人才都难以避免 |
[1:07:53] | You were right, Chief. Youand I have nothing in common. | 你说的没错 我们一点都不像 |
[1:07:56] | I may be some dirt dumb nigger from Podunk, | 或许我是从鸟地方来的笨黑鬼 |
[1:07:59] | but at least I’m making something of myself. | 可是我努力向上 |
[1:08:01] | You, you’re the same hateful, little man you started out as. | 但你是个一直充满仇恨的小人 |
[1:08:04] | Without diving, you’re nothing… | 若不潜水… |
[1:08:06] | but a lost, broke-down son of a bitch who used to be something. | 你只是个过气的老废物 |
[1:08:26] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[1:08:30] | What did he say to you to make you try so hard? | 他跟你说什么让你这么拼命? |
[1:08:33] | ” Be the best.” | 成为人上人 |
[1:08:35] | Well, you are. | 你做到了呀 |
[1:08:38] | Just don’t show up tomorrow. | 明天不要出席 |
[1:08:40] | Pappy ain’t gonna let you pass. | 帕比不会让你通过的 |
[1:08:47] | What about you, Chief? | 那你呢 士官长? |
[1:08:54] | Today will decide which of you will become Navy Divers. | 今天将决定谁成为海军潜水员 |
[1:08:57] | The object of this test is | 测验的项目是 |
[1:08:59] | to correctly assemble this flange underwater. | 在水底将机件正确的组合起来 |
[1:09:02] | The pieces required for assembly await you on the river bottom. | 要组合的零件已经在河底 |
[1:09:05] | Once you have located your project flange, | 找到目标机件后 |
[1:09:08] | you will call for your tools. | 送出要求工具的讯号 |
[1:09:10] | They will be lowered to you. | 我们会送下去给你 |
[1:09:12] | You will be timed on your effort | 我们会计时 |
[1:09:14] | and will accrue points for a speedy completion. | 快速完成者酌量加分 但是… |
[1:09:17] | However, we’ll keep pumping air down to you | 我们会不断输送氧气 |
[1:09:19] | for as long as you can stand the cold. | 只要你能忍受酷寒 |
[1:09:20] | So take your time and get it right. | 慢慢来 但是要做的正确 |
[1:09:51] | If you do not complete the flange, | 无法组合完成者 |
[1:09:54] | you have just wasted six months of your lives. | 以往六个月就白白浪费了 |
[1:10:08] | Divers, | 潜水员… |
[1:10:10] | square yourselves away and approach the rail. | 准备就绪 向水边移动 |
[1:10:53] | Topside, I have located my work light. | 水面 我已经找到我的目标 |
[1:11:18] | Topside, Blue Diver. | 水面 蓝潜水员报告 |
[1:11:19] | I have located my project and am requesting my toolbag. | 目标寻获 要求工具包 |
[1:11:23] | Topside, this is Red Diver. | 水面 红潜水员报告 |
[1:11:25] | I have located my project flange. | 目标寻获… |
[1:11:27] | Tenders, lower your tool bags. | 助理人员 请放下工具包 |
[1:11:55] | Topside, Blue Diver. | 水面 这里是蓝潜水员 |
[1:11:57] | I’m still waiting on my tool bag. | 我尚未收到工具包 |
[1:12:31] | Blue Diver, your tool bag is on the river bottom. | 蓝潜水员 你的工具包在河底 |
[1:12:51] | Chief, start the project time on all divers. | 士官 全体潜水员开始计时 |
[1:13:20] | Machinist Mate Rourke, | 机械士路克… |
[1:13:22] | one hour, thirty-seven minutes. | 一小时三十七分 组合完成 |
[1:13:49] | Survey or Second Class Yarmouth, | 中士工程助理士杨冒司 |
[1:13:51] | two hours, nineteen minutes. | 二小时十九分 组合完成 |
[1:14:12] | I never thought I’d live to see it. | 做梦也没想到你会成功 |
[1:14:15] | Four hours and nine minutes. | 四小时九分钟 |
[1:14:17] | Better late than never, Engineman Crofoot. | 慢工出细活啊 克罗傅 |
[1:14:19] | Perfect assembly. How’s the water down there? | 组合完成 底下水温如何? |
[1:14:22] | It’s colder than a well digger’s ass, Master Chief. | 比雪人的屁股还冷 士官长 |
[1:14:24] | Take it inside. | 进去吧 |
[1:15:06] | What do you mean, he’s still not up? | 什么?他还没上来? |
[1:16:01] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[1:16:20] | Chief Sunday, | 山岱士官长… |
[1:16:21] | we have every cook and shine boy in this camp… | 营里每个伙夫和鞋童… |
[1:16:25] | thinking they’ll be next to try a stunt like this. | 这会儿都想有样学样 |
[1:16:27] | So you listen up. | 所以你给我听清楚 |
[1:16:29] | Don’t bring him up till he stops moving. | 他冻僵以前别让他上来 |
[1:16:32] | He’s near dead now, sir. | 他快死了 长官 |
[1:16:33] | Not till he stops moving, Chief. | 等他冻僵再说 士官长 |
[1:16:43] | Give it up, cookie. | 放弃吧 伙夫 |
[1:16:45] | You go into shock down there, you might not wake up. | 你会休克再也醒不来 |
[1:16:48] | Come on, now. This ain’t worth dyin’ for. | 起来吧 不值得为此丧命 |
[1:16:51] | M-My name is… | 我的全名叫… |
[1:16:53] | Bosun’s Mate | 舰艇士… |
[1:16:55] | Second Class… | 中士… |
[1:16:56] | C-C-Carl Brashear. | 卡尔布拉谢 |
[1:17:01] | I am a Navy Diver. | 我是位海军潜水员 |
[1:17:29] | Bring him up. | 拉他上来 |
[1:17:32] | Bring him up! | 拉他上来 |
[1:17:32] | I got him. | 我来 |
[1:17:34] | We’re bringing him home. | 我们会拉他上来 |
[1:17:35] | Sailor, disregard that order! | 水手们 别理这道命令 |
[1:17:40] | Sailor! Sailor! | 水手 水手 |
[1:17:42] | Chief Sunday, effective immediately, | 士官长…即刻起… |
[1:17:47] | I am relieving you of your duties! | 我解除你的任务 |
[1:17:51] | Do you hear me, Chief? | 听到没有 士官长? |
[1:17:56] | Hold the line. Hold that line. | 绳子拉起来 |
[1:18:22] | Come on, Brashear. You’re almost there. | 再来 布拉谢 快到了 |
[1:18:26] | Just a few more steps. | 先别动 |
[1:18:28] | Come on, we’ll help you. | 我们来帮你 |
[1:18:45] | Open it up. | 打开 |
[1:19:06] | Bosun’s Mate Second Class Carl Brashear, | 舰艇士卡尔布拉谢 |
[1:19:09] | nine hours, thirty-one minutes. | 九小时三十一分 |
[1:19:11] | Perfect assembly. | 组合完成 |
[1:19:21] | Get him inside. | 带他进去 |
[1:19:40] | Carl, d-d-did y-y-you h-hear– | 卡尔 你…你听到吗… |
[1:19:42] | Slow down, Snowhill. | 慢一点 |
[1:19:44] | They put me back in the diving program.I start training next week. | 我复学了 下周开始 |
[1:19:47] | Congratulations. | 恭喜啦 |
[1:19:49] | Thanks, Carl. | 谢谢你卡尔 |
[1:19:52] | Hey, I almost forgot. Y-Y-You hear about Sunday? | 差点忘了 有…有听说山岱吗 |
[1:19:54] | No. | 没有啊 |
[1:19:56] | M-Mr. Pappy blew a gasket when the son of a bitch passed you. | 他放你过关 帕比先生气疯了 |
[1:20:00] | He b-busted him down ashred and shipped him out. | 降他一级并调差 |
[1:20:03] | I guess that fucker got his in the end, huh? | 他罪有应得吧 |
[1:20:07] | I guess he did. | 我想是吧 |
[1:20:15] | Guess he did. | 我想是吧 |
[1:20:50] | I love you, dear– | ASNF 吾儿谨记永不忘本 |
[1:21:22] | From the gentleman. | 一位先生请的 |
[1:21:39] | You hate champagne. | 你不喜欢香槟 |
[1:21:41] | You got a diving assignment. | 你获得一个潜水职务 |
[1:21:43] | Brooklyn Navy Yard. Stand by diver. | 布鲁克林军港 待命潜水员 |
[1:21:46] | Brooklyn? Brooklyn! | 布鲁克林?布鲁克林 |
[1:21:50] | Oh, baby, we can have dinner like an old married couple. | 我们能像老夫妻那样共进晚餐 |
[1:21:53] | Oh, well, baby, I didn’t take the job. | 我没接受这项指派 |
[1:21:56] | We’ve been waiting three years for that slot to open up. | 这机会我们等了三年 |
[1:21:58] | Jo, I don’t move up in rank unless I dive. | 我得潜水才能升官 |
[1:22:01] | And I’ll never make Master as a stand by diver. | 待命潜水员升不上士官长 |
[1:22:04] | I’ll find something else. | 我会另外找机会 |
[1:22:12] | I’m three months late. | 三个月没来了 |
[1:22:14] | Late for what? | 什么没来? |
[1:22:21] | You’re gonna have– A real… baby? | 你快生…一个真正的宝宝? |
[1:22:25] | We’re gonna have a baby! We’re gonna have a real baby! | 我们快要有真正的宝宝了 |
[1:22:29] | We’re gonna have a baby. | 真正的宝宝 |
[1:22:31] | Ladies, gentlemen, and the rest of you lowdown cats, | 各位光鲜亮丽的先生女士们 |
[1:22:34] | it’s time to ring in the New Year. | 即将迈入新的一年 |
[1:22:36] | Happy New Year. | 新年快乐 |
[1:22:37] | 5…4…3…2…1 Five, four, three, two, one. | |
[1:22:41] | Happy New Year. | 新年快乐 |
[1:22:55] | You have to get in their face | 你得咄咄逼人 |
[1:22:58] | and let them know who’s boss. | 让他们知道谁是老板 |
[1:23:01] | If you don’t, they’ll never salute you the rest of your life. | 否则他们再也不会向你行礼 |
[1:23:03] | So I’m sitting there– | 所以我得以坐在这里… |
[1:23:05] | Excuse me | 抱歉 |
[1:23:08] | What’d I tell you, huh? He don’t remember me. | 我说他不记得我 |
[1:23:14] | Senior Chief Sunday, U.S.S. Hoist. | 资深士官山岱 海军海斯特号 |
[1:23:20] | You ended my diving career, Lieutenant. | 你断送了我的潜水生涯 中尉 |
[1:23:23] | Lieutenant Commander Hanks. Pleased to meet you. | 少校汉克 幸会幸会 |
[1:23:27] | That was a long time ago, Chief. | 很久以前的事了 士官 |
[1:23:29] | Ancient History. | 陈年往事了 |
[1:23:32] | Well, we just came by to say, “Hey.” | 没事 只是过来打声招呼 |
[1:23:38] | Auld lang syne and all. | 旧情绵绵喽 |
[1:23:39] | Auld lang syne. | 旧情绵绵 |
[1:23:42] | I didn’t know you had a daughter. | 我不晓得你有个女儿 |
[1:23:44] | Right. | 好说 |
[1:23:46] | She’s quite lovely. | 她长的很可爱 |
[1:23:48] | Okay, we gotta gonow… because Billy’s gonna dance with me. | 得走了 比利要跟我跳支舞 |
[1:23:53] | Happy New Year. | 新年快乐 |
[1:23:55] | Come on, Billy. | 走啦 比利 |
[1:23:57] | You’re gonna dance with your lovely wife, right? | 跟你美丽的老婆跳支舞吧 |
[1:24:10] | Mmm, you see? Now, wasn’t that easy? | 我说吧?没那么难吧 |
[1:24:12] | Has-been | 过气的老头 |
[1:24:13] | Yes. | 是不难 |
[1:24:15] | No. | 不要 |
[1:24:17] | Billy. | 比利 |
[1:24:19] | He’s the biggest drunk in the Navy is all heis. | 他是海军出名的大酒鬼 |
[1:24:38] | Senior Chief Sunday, I find you guilty… | 资深士官山岱 兹裁定你违反 |
[1:24:42] | of violating Article 90 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice: | 军法行为准则第九十条 |
[1:24:45] | assaulting a superior commissioned officer. | 以下犯上 |
[1:24:48] | Your conduct is completely unacceptable. | 犯行无法宽恕 |
[1:24:51] | You’ll be fined one half month’s pay for six months, | 裁定六个月半薪处罚 |
[1:24:54] | restricted to the confines of the base for two months… | 并禁足两个月 |
[1:24:57] | and are hereby reduced in rank to Chief Petty Officer. | 同时降级为初阶士官长 |
[1:25:01] | For those just joining us, our top story continues to unfold… | 刚开始收看本节目的人 |
[1:25:03] | thousands of miles away in the Mediterranean Sea. | 地中海的突发事件有新的发展 |
[1:25:07] | Just hours ago, | 几个小时前 |
[1:25:08] | an American B-52 bomber… | 一架美国B52轰炸机 |
[1:25:10] | flying a routine mission over the coast of Spain… | 飞越西班牙海岸时 |
[1:25:12] | slammed into the snowy Spanish countryside. | 坠毁于西班牙某村庄 |
[1:25:15] | Moments before disappearing off radar, the crew jettisoned their nuclear payload. | 坠毁前机上人员抛下所载核武 |
[1:25:20] | Three 50-megaton warheads parachuted to Earth. | 三枚核子弹头随降落伞坠地 |
[1:25:23] | Two were immediately recovered. | 已寻获二枚 |
[1:25:25] | However, a third hydrogen bomb remains lost at sea. | 第三枚氢弹遗失在茫茫大海中 |
[1:25:28] | You made it. | 你成功了 |
[1:25:30] | Becky, come get your toys. | 贝姬 把玩具收起来 |
[1:25:35] | a two-man submersible on loan | 深海搜寻将由伍德豪尔中心 |
[1:25:40] | from the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute. | 外派的两名潜水专家负责 |
[1:25:44] | And yet, even as U.S. Navy ships comb | 海军舰艇在地中海 |
[1:25:47] | the Mediterranean in search of the warhead, | 地毯式搜索核武的同时 |
[1:25:48] | so do Russian submarines. | 俄国潜艇也没闲着 |
[1:25:50] | According to maritime law, the bomb which disappeared in international waters… | 根据国际海洋法规定 |
[1:25:51] | belongs to the first to find it. | 核弹将属于先寻获它的国家 |
[1:25:56] | Charged with locating and recovering the lost bomb before the Soviets do… | 负责搜寻的人员 |
[1:25:59] | are the elite Navy deep-sea divers pictured here. | 是画面中优秀的海军潜水员 |
[1:26:02] | Stationed in Norfolk, Virginia, | 他们的基地在维吉尼亚诺伏克 |
[1:26:04] | the divers were flown by jet to the scene just hours ago, | 数小时前才飞至此地 |
[1:26:07] | many still dressedin the same uniforms they were wearing only this morning. | 大部份还穿着今晨的制服 |
[1:26:22] | Blue Diver, this is Captain. | 这里是舰长 |
[1:26:28] | Blue Diver, come in. | 蓝潜水员听到请回答 |
[1:26:30] | I’m here, Hart. What do you need? | 我在这 哈特 有事吗? |
[1:26:34] | Carl, I’d appreciate it if you could find my lost nuke for me. | 劳驾…帮忙找一下核弹 |
[1:26:37] | I’d like to make admiral sometime before Idie. | 我还想升将军呢 |
[1:26:40] | I’m doing my best, Hart. | 我尽力而为 哈特 |
[1:27:09] | Captain. | 我是舰长 |
[1:27:10] | Topside, I have an unidentified metal object protruding from the sea bottom. | 发现海底有个不明金属突起物 |
[1:27:14] | He’s got something. Proceed with extreme caution. | 发现东西了 小心进行 |
[1:27:16] | Roger that. | 收到 |
[1:27:27] | Topside, we have a Coke can. | 水面 是个可乐罐 |
[1:27:30] | Goddamn Coke can. | 妈的可乐罐 |
[1:27:32] | Bring it on up anyway, Chief. | 顺便带上来 士官长 |
[1:27:35] | I like my ocean clean. | 保持海洋干净 |
[1:27:41] | Turn that equipment off. We got a diver down there. | 声纳关掉 底下有潜水员 |
[1:27:43] | That’s not our sonar. | 不是我们的声纳 |
[1:27:44] | What are you talking about? | 什么? |
[1:27:47] | Shit. | 可恶 |
[1:27:50] | Alpha Whiskey, this is Charlie Victor. | 指挥中心 这里是海斯特 |
[1:27:52] | I’ve got an unknown object in my perimeter– classified, probable submarine. | 我的海域内有可疑潜艇 |
[1:27:57] | Blue Diver, Blue Diver, we got an unknown contact. | 蓝潜水员 发现不明物体 |
[1:27:59] | Probable Russian submarine… | 可能是俄国潜艇 |
[1:28:01] | bearing at two-zero-niner at sixteen knots and headed directly for your position. | 方位209 速度16节 |
[1:28:04] | Take immediate evasive action. Repeat, immediate evasive action. | 正朝你的方向前进中 |
[1:28:05] | Prepare for emergency surface. Blue Diver, do you hear me? | 请立即闪躲 并准备撤离 |
[1:28:10] | Blue Diver, do you hear me? | 蓝潜水员 听清楚了吗? |
[1:28:14] | Blue Diver? | 蓝潜水员? |
[1:28:18] | Talk to me, Carl. | 说话 卡尔 |
[1:28:50] | Talk to me, Carl. | 请说话 |
[1:29:04] | Come in, Blue Diver. | 请回答 蓝潜水员 |
[1:29:16] | Quarter master, tell the dive station to supply us a standby. | 叫潜水站派出待命人员 |
[1:29:20] | Comein, Carl. | 请回答 卡尔 |
[1:29:32] | Come on, Carl. | 请回答 卡尔 |
[1:29:53] | Carl, youread me? | 卡尔 听得到吗? |
[1:29:55] | I’m here, Captain. | 我在这 |
[1:29:57] | He’s there. | 他在那里 |
[1:29:59] | Prepare to surface, Carl. We’re bringing you home. | 准备浮上来 卡尔 |
[1:30:01] | Roger that. | 收到 |
[1:30:11] | You wanna do me a favor? The next time you scare me, | 下次吓死我之前 |
[1:30:14] | give me a courtesy warning first. | 麻烦知会一声 |
[1:30:27] | Captain, that sub kicked up half the ocean bottom. | 舰长 潜艇掀起大半边海床 |
[1:30:31] | It found it for us! | 它帮我们找到了 |
[1:30:33] | You’re kidding me. | 别开玩笑 |
[1:30:35] | Oh, yeah! | 一点都没错 |
[1:30:37] | He thinks he found it. Yeah, you got it. | 他找到了 |
[1:30:38] | That’s it. You got it. | 哇 你找到了 没错就是它 |
[1:30:43] | Steady! Steady! | 稳住 |
[1:30:45] | I’m pulling it in! | 小心 准备吊上去 |
[1:30:48] | Pull it up here, boys. | 把它弄上来 弟兄们 |
[1:30:51] | Steady! It’s coming up toport. | 从左舷上去 加油 |
[1:30:54] | Let’s go, boys! We got an A-bomb! | 这可是枚氢弹 |
[1:30:57] | It’s coming up, boys! Let’s go now! Let’s go, boys! | 上来了 卷 卷 加油 |
[1:31:16] | Move! | 闪开 |
[1:32:21] | Jo? | 乔 乔 |
[1:32:32] | I was so scared. | 我吓坏了 |
[1:32:35] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:32:43] | Oh, shit. | 哦 要命 |
[1:32:49] | Your leg… | 你的腿… |
[1:32:51] | was nearly severed. | 差一点保不住 |
[1:32:56] | It’s gonna take time to heal. | 要很久才能康复 |
[1:33:00] | Eventually, you’re gonna be able to walk again w-w-with a cane. | 最后 能拄着拐杖走路 |
[1:33:08] | Can I still dive? | 还能潜水吗? |
[1:33:12] | I’m so sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[1:33:50] | Come home, Carl | 回家啦 卡尔 |
[1:34:00] | Mrs. Sunday, your husband was found drunk on a public beach. | 今早有人发现你先生 |
[1:34:03] | was found drunk on a public beach. | 醉卧在海滩上 |
[1:34:06] | He’s an alcoholic and must remain in detox for 30 days. | 他严重酗酒 必须勒戒30天 |
[1:34:10] | If he should stagger, he will not fall! | 就算步履蹒跚也不能倒下 |
[1:34:12] | If he should fall, he will fall in such a manner… | 就算倒下也要选个姿势 |
[1:34:16] | as to coverup his rate | 将阶级遮住 |
[1:34:17] | so that passersby will think he’s an officer. | 好让路人以为他是位军官 |
[1:34:23] | A chief petty officer shall not drink! | 初阶士官长不该喝酒 |
[1:34:26] | And if he should drink, he shall not get drunk! | 就算喝酒也不能喝醉 |
[1:34:30] | If he should get drunk, he shall not stagger! | 就算喝醉也不能步履蹒跚 |
[1:34:34] | And if he should stagger, he shall not fall! | 就算步履蹒跚也不能倒下 |
[1:34:37] | And if he should fall, he will fall in such a manner | 就就算倒下也要选个姿势 |
[1:34:41] | as to cover up his rate… | 将阶级遮住 |
[1:34:43] | so that passersby will think he’s an officer! | 好让路人以为他是位军官 |
[1:34:46] | We’re all extremely proud of you, Chief Brashear. | 我们极以你为荣 布拉谢士官 |
[1:34:49] | Now, get better, so you can go home and enjoy your retirement. | 赶快康复 回家享受退休生活 |
[1:34:56] | How do you plan to spend your retirement, Chief Brashear? | 下一步考虑做什么? |
[1:34:57] | Howdoes it feel to be a hero? | 成为英雄有什么感想? |
[1:35:20] | How are you? | 嘿 你好 |
[1:36:02] | Sweetheart… | 心爱的… |
[1:36:09] | you’re never gonna dive again. | 你再也不能潜水了 |
[1:36:15] | And what you gotta do now… | 目前你所该做的是… |
[1:36:18] | I can’t help you with. | 我也帮不上忙 |
[1:36:25] | But when you’re ready to leave… | 可是当你能离开的时候… |
[1:36:28] | and if you can promise me… | 如果你能答应我… |
[1:36:30] | that you’ll never take another drink again, | 永远不再喝酒的话… |
[1:36:33] | I’ll be waiting for you in that car over there. | 我会在那辆车里等你 |
[1:36:41] | But if you can’t… | 如果你做不到… |
[1:36:49] | then you just walk on by. | 那么你只管各走各的路 |
[1:37:36] | Package for you, sir. | 你的包裹 长官 |
[1:38:00] | I want to comeback. | 我想要回去 |
[1:38:03] | To where, Chief? | 回去哪里? |
[1:38:04] | Full diving duty. | 完全恢复潜水任务 |
[1:38:06] | I want to dive again. | 我想继续潜水 |
[1:38:08] | Carl, | 卡尔 |
[1:38:10] | I understand, but, uh– | 我了解 可是… |
[1:38:12] | But it’s just not possible. | 可是…那是不可能的 |
[1:38:16] | Good afternoon, Admiral. | 午安 将军 |
[1:38:18] | Carl, this is Cap–Captain Hanks. | 卡尔 这位是汉克上校 |
[1:38:21] | Chief Brashear. | 布拉谢士官长 |
[1:38:22] | Captain Hanks has been assigned as a senior officer… | 汉克上校现任五角大厦 |
[1:38:25] | at the Personnel Policy Control Board at the Pentagon. | 人事行政处资深军官 |
[1:38:29] | He’ll be joining us for a few weeks, | 这几周会跟我们在一起 |
[1:38:31] | meeting some of the men from the front lines, getting a feel for their concerns. | 接见一些人 听听他们的意见 |
[1:38:35] | Yes, and to return to the chief’s primary concern. | 我们回到士官长最关心的议题 |
[1:38:38] | Working as a Navy diver – | 身为海军潜水员 |
[1:38:39] | with one good leg and the other- | 却只有一条腿 另一只则… |
[1:38:42] | I’m sorry. It’s just not possible. | 很抱歉 这是不可能的 |
[1:38:45] | Cut it off. | 我要截肢 |
[1:38:49] | “Pilots injured in flying accidents have requested amputation of injured limbs. | “受伤飞行员要求截肢手术” |
[1:38:53] | Fitted with the right prosthesis, several of them have returned to active duty.” | “多人着义肢重返岗位” |
[1:38:58] | So I’m asking this: | 我的请求如下: |
[1:38:59] | Cut off my leg and assemble a full medical review board 12 weeks from today. | 帮我截肢 十二周后 |
[1:39:03] | It is then that | 为我办一次医疗评估会 |
[1:39:05] | I will demonstrate that I am fit to return to full diving duty. | 我向各位展示足以复职的能力 |
[1:39:09] | I want to make Master Chief. | 我想升上首席士官长 |
[1:39:14] | We admire your courage, Chief, | 我们佩服你的勇气 士官长 |
[1:39:16] | however misplaced it may be. | 但是 恐怕用错了地方 |
[1:39:18] | Please excuse us. | 抱歉 我们出去一下 |
[1:39:31] | I am a doctor, Carl. | 我是位医生 卡尔 |
[1:39:33] | My opinion might mean something here. | 我的意见不妨参考一下 |
[1:39:39] | I guess not. | 看来是没用 |
[1:39:43] | How are you gonna come back with one leg? | 只有一条腿怎么复职? |
[1:39:46] | I could barely read once. I found a way. | 我曾是文盲 但我走出一条路 |
[1:39:51] | I could put up with the months at sea, | 我可以忍受你一出海就几个月 |
[1:39:55] | the dangerous assignments that you never said no to, but this– | 和你从不回绝的危险任务 但… |
[1:39:58] | What do you want from me? | 你要我怎么办? |
[1:40:01] | Do you want me to come home, mow the lawn, | 回家 割草坪 |
[1:40:03] | put a wheelchair ramp in? | 到处铺上轮椅走道 |
[1:40:06] | How am I gonna look at my own son? | 在儿子眼里是副什么德行? |
[1:40:07] | Leave him out of this. | 不要把他扯进来 |
[1:40:10] | You’re not doing this for him or for me. | 你不是为他或为我才做此决定 |
[1:40:13] | This is about you. | 你全是为了自己 |
[1:40:15] | It’s always been about you. | 你一向都只考虑你自己 |
[1:40:18] | Admit it, Carl. | 承认吧 卡尔 |
[1:40:21] | At least give me that much. | 至少你可以做到这一点吧 |
[1:40:33] | Why are you doing this to me? | 为什么你要这样对待我? |
[1:40:41] | Answer me, goddamn it! | 回答我啊 可恶! |
[1:40:43] | Or I’m walking out of here, and I am not coming back. | 不然 我走出去就再也不回头 |
[1:41:21] | I love you,Jo. | 我爱你 乔 |
[1:43:45] | Get away from me! | 走开!离我远一点! |
[1:43:48] | Piece of shit! | 废物一个! |
[1:43:51] | Cookie. | 伙夫 |
[1:43:54] | Looks like I missed one hell of a party. | 靠 看来我错过了一场狂欢 |
[1:44:04] | I’ve been all over. | 我被调遍全国 |
[1:44:06] | Trouble, mostly. | 到处惹是生非 |
[1:44:08] | Navy gave me this second-class | 军方派我管理小克里特的… |
[1:44:11] | diving school in Little Creek. | 一所二流潜水学校 鸟地方 |
[1:44:18] | I made some calls. | 我打了几通电话 |
[1:44:22] | Come Friday, that Captain Hanks– | 星期五那个汉克上校… |
[1:44:24] | he’s gonna convene a medical review board, and he’s gonna retire you. | 要召开医疗评估会逼你退休 |
[1:44:30] | He said I had four weeks. | 他说我有四星期 |
[1:44:31] | He lied, cookie. | 他说谎 伙夫 |
[1:44:33] | He don’t give a shit how many one-legged push-ups you can do. | 他管你能做几个单脚伏地挺身 |
[1:44:36] | He’d trade you and me and every other old sea dog in the Navy… | 他巴不得拿你我这种老狗 |
[1:44:40] | for one glass-eyed electronics technician. | 去换四眼田鸡电子技工 |
[1:44:42] | The man’s gonna retire your ass. | 他要逼你退休 |
[1:44:45] | I got my leg back. I ain’t done yet. | 我的脚能用了 我不是废物 |
[1:44:46] | You got a stump on a wooden stick and no goddamn chance of beating Hanks, son. | 靠你的跛脚赢不了汉克的 |
[1:44:56] | All I ever wanted to do was to make Master Diver. | 我只想升上首席士官长 |
[1:44:58] | All I ever wanted to do was stay one. | 我只想保住首席士官长 |
[1:45:02] | You want to beat Hanks, you’ve got to go around him, | 如果想打败汉克 你要跳过他 |
[1:45:05] | right to the top. | 直接找最高层 |
[1:45:08] | Washington. | 华盛顿 |
[1:45:10] | Chief of Naval Personnel. | 海总人事处长 |
[1:45:12] | That’s right.And they don’t like cocky pencil-pushers like Hanks | 对 他们比我们更不喜欢 |
[1:45:16] | any more than we do. | 像汉克那种八股官僚 |
[1:45:20] | I might be able to pull a few strings. | 我可以运用点关系 |
[1:45:30] | Why are you doing this, Sunday? | 为什么你要这么做? |
[1:45:35] | Piss people off. | 把他们惹毛 |
[1:45:37] | Chief Decker, | 戴克士官长 |
[1:45:39] | you are the Chief Master at Arms of this hospital, are you not? | 你不是本院首席风纪士官长吗 |
[1:45:42] | Yes, sir. | 我是 长官 |
[1:45:45] | Then why is it | 那为什么不知道 |
[1:45:47] | you don’t know where Chief Brashear is? | 布拉谢士官长的下落? |
[1:45:50] | He shouldn’t be too hard to spot. | 应该不难找到他 |
[1:45:52] | He is the only Negro diver in the Navy, | 他是海军唯一的黑人潜水员 |
[1:45:56] | and he’s got one leg. | 而且缺了一条腿 |
[1:45:58] | It seems that the chief has transferred, sir. | 那位士官长好像转院了 长官 |
[1:46:03] | To where?On whose orders? | 转到哪里?谁的命令? |
[1:46:05] | He signed his own orders, sir. | 他自己签发命令 |
[1:46:08] | Call the Shore Patrol. | 打电话给海岸巡逻队 |
[1:46:09] | Relax, Cap. We just wanna talk. | 放轻松 上校 只是谈谈 |
[1:46:13] | Wait, wait, wait, wait. | 等等 |
[1:46:15] | You know where Chief Brashear is. Where? | 你知道布拉谢士官长在哪? |
[1:46:20] | I see. Fine. | 我懂 无所谓 |
[1:46:22] | Chief Brashear is AWOL. | 布拉谢士官长不假外出 |
[1:46:24] | I want him found and arrested now. | 即刻搜索并逮捕 |
[1:46:26] | I want him found and arrested now. | 你找不到他的 |
[1:46:28] | What doyou want from me, Chief? | 你想怎么样? |
[1:46:30] | Four weeks to train him, then a full readiness evaluation… | 给他四星期的训练 |
[1:46:31] | and reinstatement hearing | 然后请海总人事处长 |
[1:46:34] | with the Chief of Naval Personnel. | 一起进行评估听证会 |
[1:46:36] | The chief of– | 处长? |
[1:46:37] | Yes, sir | 没错 长官 |
[1:46:38] | At the Navy yard in Washington? | 在华盛顿? |
[1:46:40] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[1:46:41] | Forget it. | 门都没有 |
[1:46:50] | Will the diver be allowed to be reinstated? | 会为他举行听证会吗? |
[1:46:52] | Seems Chief Brashear losing his leg for his country | 看来布拉谢士官长为国断腿 |
[1:46:54] | sort of makes him a hero, sir. | 已成了英雄 长官 |
[1:46:57] | Fine. | 没关系 |
[1:47:03] | I will grant you your hearing | 我答应举行听证会 |
[1:47:05] | on one condition, hmm? | 附带一个条件 |
[1:47:08] | When he fails, you retire. | 他输了你就退休 |
[1:47:11] | He ain’t gonna fail. | 他不会输的 |
[1:47:59] | Minute, five faster. | 快了一分五秒 |
[1:48:04] | See you in court. | 法庭上见 |
[1:49:43] | Captain Hanks has ordered | 汉克上校下令 |
[1:49:44] | you to remain here, Chief. | 你必须留在此处 士官长 |
[1:50:12] | Please be seated, Senior Chief Brashear. | 二等士官长布拉谢 请坐 |
[1:50:20] | Um, only the Army salutes indoors, Senior Chief. | 只有陆军在室内行礼 士官长 |
[1:50:23] | Sir, in the Navy I grew up in, a salute is warranted… | 就我所知 在这么重要的场合 |
[1:50:26] | given the gravity of this occasion, sir. | 海军是一定要行礼的 |
[1:50:28] | Well… | 可是… |
[1:50:30] | we’re in a new Navy now, Senior Chief. | 现在是新海军时代 |
[1:50:38] | Shall we begin? | 可以开始了吗? |
[1:50:42] | Senior Chief Brashear, | 士官长 有一天可能有另一位 |
[1:50:45] | one day the life of another diver may depend on you. | 潜水员的生死掌握在你手中 |
[1:50:46] | Do you honestly feel that as a man– | 请你扪心自问 以你… |
[1:50:52] | You’re almost 40. You have one leg. | 将近40岁 一腿残废 |
[1:50:56] | Can you really keep up | 你比得上身强体壮 |
[1:50:58] | with healthy divers half your age? | 年纪只有你一半的潜水员吗? |
[1:51:00] | The question is, sir, | 长官 问题应该是… |
[1:51:02] | can they keep up with me? | 他们比得上我吗? |
[1:51:11] | No smoking out here, Chief. | 请勿吸菸 士官长 |
[1:51:28] | Studies of the Navy’s experimental diving unit… | 海军的潜水研究显示 |
[1:51:31] | indicate that if the subject were to become unconscious… | 如果一个主体失去知觉或罹病 |
[1:51:36] | or deceased, the disparity between the buoyancy characteristics… | 义肢与真正四肢浮力上的差异 |
[1:51:40] | of a prosthetic and a limb would hinder him in a free dive mode. | 会阻碍他的徒手潜水模式 |
[1:51:44] | You mean if he drowned, he wouldn’t float right, yes? | 意即若溺水 他不会浮是吗? |
[1:51:48] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[1:51:49] | Sir, I promise,if I am killed at sea, | 各位长官 如果我死在海里 |
[1:51:52] | I will make every effort to die like a Navy man. | 绝对会死得像个海军军人 |
[1:52:21] | I just thought you should see the future of Navy deep sea diving. | 这是未来海军的深海潜水装备 |
[1:52:24] | This is the latest HEO-2 mixed gas rig. | 是最新氦氧混合气潜水装 |
[1:52:27] | It weighs 290 pounds, and the men who want to use it, | 总重290磅 |
[1:52:28] | before they can even begin the diving qualifications, | 使用者 在潜水训练前就必须 |
[1:52:33] | will be required to walk 12 steps, unassisted. | 能独立走十二步 |
[1:52:38] | Could you do that, Senior Chief Brashear? | 你可以吗 布拉谢士官长? |
[1:52:48] | Yes, sir, I could. | 我可以 长官 |
[1:52:51] | Well… I see. | 听清楚了 |
[1:52:54] | As much as I hate to prolong this another day, | 未免再拖延一天 我将安排 |
[1:52:59] | make arrangements for you to demonstrate your contention. | 你展示你的能力 |
[1:53:01] | Here, sir. | 就在这里 长官 |
[1:53:03] | Now. | 现在 |
[1:53:05] | Son, step aside, or I’ll have to crack you right in the jaw. | 让开 否则我打烂你的下巴 |
[1:53:11] | Senior Chief Brashear, I hardly think this is the appropriate– | 士官长 这恐怕不太合适… |
[1:53:14] | I want them all to see, sir | 我希望大家公评 长官 |
[1:53:17] | Captain Hanks, sir, I concur with your assessment. | 上校 我同意你的看法 |
[1:53:24] | These slippery floors alone prohibit such a demonstration, sir. | 这里光滑的地板不适合展示 |
[1:53:26] | Chief Sunday, haven’t you had enough trouble in your career? | 你的前途还不够艰险吗? |
[1:53:29] | Your advice is unwelcome. | 你的出席和发言不受欢迎 |
[1:53:32] | Who is this man? | 这人是谁? |
[1:53:33] | Chief Leslie W. Sunday, sir. | 士官长雷斯利山岱 长官 |
[1:53:36] | You swam out of the Saint Lo at Leyte Gulf. | 莱特湾游出圣罗号那个人 |
[1:53:41] | You held your breath | 闭气长达… |
[1:53:44] | for four minutes. | 四分钟 |
[1:53:45] | Five, sir. | 五分钟 长官 |
[1:53:49] | He can stay. | 他可以留下来 |
[1:53:53] | Fine. | 好的 |
[1:53:54] | Irrelevant. | 以上与本案无干 |
[1:53:56] | Gentlemen, sirs, returning to the issue at hand. | 长官们 回到我们手边的案子 |
[1:54:00] | This is not the time or place for Senior Chief Brashear– | 时间地点不适合布拉谢士官长 |
[1:54:06] | Excuse me, Senior Chief, is there a problem? | 士官长 有问题吗? |
[1:54:13] | Captain Hanks, | 汉克上校… |
[1:54:15] | I have spent most of my life in the Navy trying only to succeed. | 我一辈子在海军尽力达成任务 |
[1:54:19] | However, my questhas come at a great personal loss to those who love me. | 我的目标使我疏忽关爱我的人 |
[1:54:25] | They, too, have made sacrifices.They, too, have endured great pains to support me. | 为了支持我 他们也牺牲忍耐 |
[1:54:28] | If I walk these 12 steps today, | 如果我今天走完这十二步… |
[1:54:31] | reinstate me to active duty. | 请让我恢复勤务 |
[1:54:34] | Give me my career back. | 把前途还给我 |
[1:54:36] | Let me finish it and go home in peace. | 完成我一生的目标才甘心返乡 |
[1:54:42] | Senior Chief Brashear, the business of the modern Navy– | 二等士官长 现代海军的事业 |
[1:54:46] | Forgive me, sir. But to me, | 抱歉 长官 对我来说 |
[1:54:48] | the Navy is not a business. | 海军并不是一个事业 |
[1:54:50] | We have many traditions. | 我们有许多传统 |
[1:54:52] | In my career, I have experienced most of them. | 大部分我都经历过 |
[1:54:54] | Some good, some bad. | 其中有好的 也有坏的 |
[1:54:57] | However, I wouldn’t be here today | 我此刻不会在这里 |
[1:54:58] | if it weren’t for our greatest tradition of all. | 若不是因为伟大的传统 |
[1:55:02] | And which one is that? | 请问是哪一项? |
[1:55:05] | Honor, sir. | 是荣誉 长官 |
[1:55:15] | Get on with it, Senior Chief. | 请进行展示 士官长 |
[1:55:21] | Leslie? | 雷斯利? |
[1:55:24] | What leg you got on? | 现在用的是哪种义肢? |
[1:55:26] | My walkin’ leg, Leslie. | 行走用的…雷斯利 |
[1:55:30] | It was my dad’s name. You got a problem with that? | 那是我爸的名字 你有意见? |
[1:55:32] | Oh, no. No problem at all. | 没有 一点都没意见 |
[1:55:41] | That thing’s light duty. | 这种承载力很差 |
[1:55:42] | Gonna snap like a match stick. | 会像火柴棒般折断 |
[1:55:44] | Not if I keep my weight on my good leg. | 我会将重量落在真腿上 |
[1:55:46] | Two hundred and ninety pounds on one leg? | 单脚负担290磅? |
[1:55:48] | You’ll be passed out by the sixth step. | 第六步你就会昏倒 |
[1:55:52] | Tenders, hat the diver. | 助理 帮他戴上潜水盔 |
[1:56:44] | Navy Diver, stand up. | 海军潜水员 起立 |
[1:56:48] | Leave him. | 不要碰他 |
[1:56:51] | Captain, if I recall the Navy regulation manual correctly, | 上校 就我所知的海军规章 |
[1:56:54] | the diver may be helped to his feet. | 潜水员是可以被扶起来的 |
[1:56:57] | This is a lot of brass to sling up from a seated position, sir. | 由坐姿起立 要举起惊人的黄铜重量 |
[1:57:00] | It’s spun copper, Chief. We haven’t used brass in a decade. | 是锻造铜 黄铜淘汰近十年了 |
[1:57:04] | And the new manual states the diver must rise unassisted. | 新手册明令潜水员独立起立 |
[1:57:07] | That’s what it says in the new book, sir? | 新手册有这规定吗? |
[1:57:11] | If I may ask, Captain, how would you know? | 可以问吗?上校你怎么知道? |
[1:57:15] | I wrote it. | 是我写的 |
[1:57:20] | Yes, sir. | 懂了 长官 |
[1:57:27] | Navy Diver, stand up. | 海军潜水员 起立 |
[1:57:39] | Square that rig and approach the rail. | 装备就绪 向水边前进 |
[1:58:03] | 1 One. | |
[1:58:07] | 2 Two. | |
[1:58:11] | 3 Three. | |
[1:58:15] | 4 Four. | |
[1:58:20] | 5 Five. | |
[1:58:24] | 6 Six. | |
[1:58:27] | 7 Seven. | |
[1:58:31] | 8 Eight. | |
[1:58:38] | Gentlemen, his leg. | 各位 他的腿不行了 |
[1:58:41] | Please. | 请注意 |
[1:58:43] | Gentlemen. | 各位 |
[1:58:46] | Navy Diver, stand down. | 留在原地不要动 |
[1:58:47] | his is my detail. | 潜水员不要理会 听我的指令 |
[1:58:54] | Goddamnit, cookie, move your ass! | 妈的 伙夫 迈开步伐 |
[1:58:56] | I want my 12! | 你欠我十二步 |
[1:59:09] | Nine. The Navy diver is not a fighting man. | 9 海军潜水员不是战斗人员 |
[1:59:12] | He is a salvage expert. | 他是救难专家 |
[1:59:15] | 10 Ten | |
[1:59:16] | If it’s lost underwater, he finds it. | 遗失在海底的 他负责寻获 |
[1:59:17] | If it’s sunk, he brings it up. | 沉下去的 他负责捞起 |
[1:59:19] | If it’s in the way, he moves it! | 挡在途中的 他负责移开 |
[1:59:22] | Eleven. If he’s lucky, | 11 好运的话 |
[1:59:24] | he will die young 200 feet beneath the waves, | 他能死在200英尺深的海底 |
[1:59:27] | for that is the closest he will ever get to being a hero! | 因为这是成为英雄的最低标准 |
[1:59:30] | Hell,I don’t know why anybody would want to be a Navy diver. | 搞不懂为什么有人想当潜水员 |
[1:59:34] | Now, you report to this line, cookie! | 到这条线来向我报到 伙夫 |
[1:59:41] | At ease. | 稍息 |
[1:59:55] | Tenders, unhat that diver. | 助理 帮他卸下头盔 |
[2:00:20] | The United States Navy proudly reinstates… | 美国海军光荣的宣布… |
[2:00:24] | Senior Chief and Diver Carl Brashear… | 二等潜水士官长… |
[2:00:26] | to full, active duty. | 卡尔布拉谢恢复原来职务 |
[2:00:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[2:01:07] | I can quit. | 我可以辞职 |
[2:01:09] | The man I married never quit anything a day in his life. | 我嫁的人从不辞卸任何事 |
[2:01:17] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[2:01:19] | I love you too, baby. I love you too. | 我也爱你 宝贝 我也爱你 |