英文名称:My Sister's Keeper
年代:2009
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:43] | When I was a kid, my mother told me that | 小时候 妈妈说 |
[00:45] | I was a little piece of blue sky. | 我是天上的一片蓝天 |
[00:48] | That came into this world because she and dad loved me so much. | 因为她和爸爸太爱我 所以才落到世上 |
[00:55] | It was only later that I realized that it wasn’t exactly true. | 后来我发现事实并非如此 |
[01:03] | Most babies are coincidences. | 大部分人的出生只是意外 |
[01:06] | I mean, up in space you got all these souls flying around | 那些飘忽在世间的游魂 |
[01:09] | …looking for bodies to live in. | 寻找一个寄托的皮囊 |
[01:11] | Then, down here on earth, two people have sex or whatever | 然后 地球上的一对男女做爱 |
[01:15] | …and bang, coincidence. | 瞬间…意外就此产生 |
[01:22] | You hear all these stories about how | 人们常言如何计划 |
[01:24] | Everyone plans these perfect families… | 组建幸福家庭 |
[01:27] | But the truth is that most babies… | 但其实 大家都出生在… |
[01:29] | Are products of drunken evenings and lack of birth control. | 某个醉醺醺没有避孕的夜晚 |
[01:35] | They’re accidents. | 一切都是意外 |
[01:37] | Only people who have trouble making babies actually plan for them. | 患不孕症的家庭才有意计划怀孕 |
[01:49] | I, on the other hand, am not a coincidence. | 而我 就是计划内的一部分 |
[01:55] | I was engineered. | 我是试管婴儿 |
[01:57] | Born for a particular reason. | 为特定的目的出生 |
[02:02] | A scientist hooked up my mother’s eggs and my father’s sperm | 科学家取出妈妈的卵子 |
[02:06] | To make a specific combination of genes. | 和爸爸带有某些基因的精子结合 |
[02:10] | He did it to save my sister’s life. | 我出生是为了救姐姐的命 |
[02:18] | Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if Kate had been healthy. | 有时我不禁想 如果凯特很健康 |
[02:23] | I’d probably still be up in heaven or wherever | 我也许还在天堂某处晃荡 |
[02:26] | Waiting to be attached to a body down here on earth. | 等待一个可寄托的皮囊 |
[02:31] | But coincidence or not… | 不论是否意外… |
[02:34] | …I’m here. | 我都已诞生 |
[02:47] | What can I do for you? | 有东西要卖吗 |
[02:49] | Fourteen karat gold, hardly ever worn. | 14K金项链 九成新 |
[02:57] | That’s my sister, Kate. | 这是我姐姐 凯特 |
[02:59] | She’s dying. | 她快死了 |
[03:01] | Montana? I don’t get it. | 蒙大拿省? 我看不懂 |
[03:05] | It looks like a whole bunch of nothing. | 这有意义吗 |
[03:06] | It is a whole bunch of nothing. | 就是毫无意义啊 |
[03:09] | – Just you and the big old sky. – Why do you like it? | -只表现你和天空 -你怎么喜欢这些 |
[03:12] | I don’t know. I like big things. I like wide-open spaces. | 不知道 我喜欢大的事物 辽阔的空间 |
[03:16] | Besides, it’s the only place I’ve ever been. | 再说 我还没去过那里 |
[03:21] | That’s Mom and aunt Kelly making dinner. | 妈妈和凯莉阿姨正准备晚餐 |
[03:24] | Since my sister got sick, things have changed. | 凯特病了之后 我们家就变了 |
[03:27] | Aunt Kelly only works part-time | 凯莉阿姨只接兼职 |
[03:29] | And Mom quit her job as a lawyer. | 妈妈辞去了律师的工作 |
[03:31] | Her life now revolves around keeping Kate alive. | 她的人生只围绕一件事 让凯特活着 |
[03:34] | Cooking and cleaning. | 做饭和打扫都是用蒸的 |
[03:36] | Everything steamed, organic and germ-free. | 有机天然 还杀菌 |
[03:39] | – Have a good night. – Bye. | -慢走 -再见 |
[03:40] | I guess you could say that we’re a little dysfunctional. | 也许你觉得我们家不正常 |
[03:43] | But everybody loves each other, and we do the best we can. | 但我们相亲相爱 为家庭付出 |
[03:46] | – That’s not a word. – What about that language? | -那个不是词 -你又不懂语言 |
[03:48] | – Nice shirt, Sissy. – Good, right? | -衣服真好看 小女人 -不错吧 |
[03:51] | – Mom, you wanna see our routine? – What routine? | -妈妈 想看我们表演吗 -什么表演 |
[03:53] | – Come on, Anna, let’s do it. – Baby, what’s your sign? | -来吧 安娜 表演开始 -亲爱的 你为何叹气 |
[03:56] | – Cancer. – You’re a cancer? | -癌症 -你是巨蟹座的?(英语癌症与巨蟹座相同) |
[03:57] | No, I’m a leo– but I have cancer. | 不 我是狮子座的 我得癌症了 |
[03:59] | – It’s not even funny. – Yes, it is. | -一点儿都不好笑 -很好笑啊 |
[04:01] | – I agree with Dad. – It was pretty clever. | -爸爸说得对 -台词很巧妙 |
[04:06] | It’s not funny. It’s not. | 不好玩 一点儿都不好玩 |
[04:08] | Nice. Nice. These your kids? | 好了好了 看你生的孩子 |
[04:09] | Yes, they are. Question is, are they yours? | 对 我生的 问题是:你没份吗 |
[04:12] | You believe that? Hey, sweetie, where’s your locket? | 说没你信吗 宝贝 你的项链呢 |
[04:15] | Oh, I didn’t feel like wearing it today. | 今天不想戴 |
[04:17] | – Eat, Kate. – I’m eating. | -吃饭 凯特 -我在吃呢 |
[04:19] | – Is it not good? – It’s really good, Mom. | -不好吃吗 -很好吃啊 |
[04:21] | It’s good to me. | 我也觉得好吃 |
[04:23] | I have lentils in the fridge if you want some. | 冰箱里还有麦豆 |
[04:25] | I’m fine, Mom. | 不用了 妈妈 |
[04:26] | You’re not hungry? | 你不饿吗 |
[04:28] | I bet she needs to breathe a little bit. | 她想喘口气吧 |
[04:29] | Maybe you should try to breathe a bit. | 该喘口气的是你 |
[04:31] | Maybe I will a bit later. | 我会慢慢喘的待会儿 |
[04:33] | Gross. | 恶心 |
[04:34] | – Where are you going? – Bathroom, wanna come? | -你去哪儿 -厕所 你要一起吗 |
[04:38] | Will you breathe on me later? | 你待会儿要来我这儿喘口气吗 |
[05:08] | Having a child who is sick is a full-time occupation. | 虽然家有长年生病的孩子 |
[05:14] | We still enjoy the usual day-to-day happinesses of family life. | 我们仍能享受平凡的天伦之乐 |
[05:18] | Big house, great kids, beautiful wife. | 大房子 乖孩子 漂亮老婆 |
[05:22] | But beneath the exterior, there are cracks… | 但平和的表象下 潜藏着裂痕 |
[05:26] | …resentments…alliances | 怨恨等负面情绪 |
[05:28] | That threaten the very foundation of our lives | 动摇着我们生活的基本 |
[05:31] | As at any moment our whole world could come tumbling down. | 我们的世界随时会崩塌 |
[05:36] | I don’t know when it started, but probably around 11 | 不知道几点开始 大概11点吧 |
[05:41] | – Hey, what’s going on? – Your sister’s sick. | -怎么了 -你姐姐病了 |
[05:44] | She’s been up all night with a fever. | 发了一整晚的烧 |
[05:48] | Kate? | 凯特? |
[05:51] | Kate? | 凯特? |
[06:17] | You ready? Come on, let’s go. | 准备好了吗 走吧 |
[06:30] | Are you sure you want to do this? | 你真的要这么做? |
[06:36] | You know you’re nuts, right? | 你很笨 知道吧 |
[06:41] | – I’ll be right back. – All right, I’ll be waiting. | -我马上回来 -好 我等你 |
[06:46] | When Anna Fitzgerald first stepped into my office… | 第一次见安娜・菲茨杰拉德走进办公室 |
[06:48] | I thought she was selling girl scout cookies. | 我还以为是童子军来卖曲奇 |
[06:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:54] | – Oh, my gosh, it’s really you. – It really is. | -我的天哪 是你 -没错 就是我 |
[06:57] | I’m Campbell Alexander. | 我叫坎贝尔・亚历山大 |
[06:59] | – I have a 90 percent success rate. – 91 | -成功率达90% -91% |
[07:02] | What can I do for you? | 我能为你效劳吗 |
[07:04] | You’ve seen my commercials. | 你看过我的广告 |
[07:06] | All of them. I mean, that’s why I’m here. | 全都看过 所以我才来这儿 |
[07:09] | Please don’t touch. Judge is a service dog. | 嘉杰是条服务犬 不要碰它 |
[07:12] | – What service? – I have an iron lung… | -服务什么 -我带着人工呼吸器 |
[07:14] | And Judge helps me steer clear of magnets. | 嘉杰帮我避开磁体 |
[07:17] | Please, sit down. | 请坐 |
[07:22] | – What is your name? – Anna Fitzgerald. | -你的名字? -安娜・菲茨杰拉德 |
[07:25] | What can I do for you, Anna? | 我能为你效劳吗 安娜 |
[07:27] | That is so cool. | 广告真酷 |
[07:31] | I want to sue my parents for the rights to my own body. | 我要控告父母 诉求人身权利 |
[07:35] | Would you repeat that, please? | 请你再说一遍 |
[07:37] | I want to sue my parents for the rights to my own body. | 我要控告父母 诉求人身权利 |
[07:41] | My sister has leukemia. | 我姐姐有白血病 |
[07:42] | They’re trying to force me to give her my body parts. | 父母要求我捐献身体器官 |
[07:44] | You’re supposed to give her a kidney? | 你要捐肾给她吗 |
[07:46] | She’s been in renal failure for months now. | 她患肾衰竭几个月了 |
[07:49] | No one can force you to donate if you don’t want to, can they? | 你不想捐的话没人能逼你 |
[07:52] | They think they can. | 我父母认为可以 |
[07:53] | I’m under 18, they’re my legal guardians. | 我还未成年 父母是我的法定监护人 |
[07:55] | They can’t do that. | 他们无权这样做 |
[07:57] | That’s what I want you to tell them… | 我正要请你告诉他们 |
[07:59] | They’ve been doing it to me my whole life. | 我的一生都被他们控制 |
[08:01] | I wouldn’t even be alive if Kate wasn’t sick. | 如果凯特没病 我连生存权都没有 |
[08:04] | I’m a designer baby. | 我是试管婴儿 |
[08:06] | I was made in a dish to be spare parts for Kate. | 父母养我当后备移植库 |
[08:09] | You’re kidding, right? | 你开玩笑吧 |
[08:11] | The kid wasn’t lying. | 这孩子没说谎 |
[08:14] | The doctors started taking things from her the moment she was born. | 自出生起 医生就开始移植了 |
[08:17] | Cord blood as an infant, white-cell transfusions… | 脐带血 白细胞 |
[08:20] | …bone marrow, lymphocytes… | 骨髓 淋巴细胞 |
[08:22] | Injections to add more stem cells, and then they took them too. | 注射增加干细胞 然后取出 |
[08:26] | But it was never enough. | 但这还远远不够 |
[08:31] | You do know what will happen if you don’t give your sister your kidney, | 你清楚不捐肾给姐姐的后果吗 |
[08:34] | Yeah, she’ll die. | 我知道 她会死 |
[08:38] | So there’s a little over $700 here. | 我这里有700多元 |
[08:43] | And I know that’s not enough, but it’s all I have and I need your help. | 虽然不够 但我只有这么多 我需要你的帮助 |
[08:49] | Please. | 求你了 |
[08:52] | You sure you want to go through with this? | 你真的要这么做吗 |
[08:57] | Good for you. | 祝你好运 |
[09:04] | It’s hard to imagine now… | 世事难料 |
[09:06] | But there was a time before all this happened… | 孩子还小 还没生病之前 |
[09:09] | When the kids were just kids, and everyone was happy. | 全家都很快乐 |
[09:14] | Hi, baby. | 宝宝 |
[09:17] | – Where’s your sister? – Sleeping. | -姐姐呢 -在睡觉 |
[09:19] | I tried poking her and everything. | 我叫不醒她 |
[09:25] | Hey, katie-cat. | 小猫咪 |
[09:28] | Good morning, sweetie. Are you awake? | 早上好 小宝宝 醒了吗 |
[09:31] | How you doing? | 睡得好吗 |
[09:33] | Rise and shine. | 太阳晒屁股咯 |
[09:40] | Anemia, right? | 贫血 对吧 |
[09:42] | Kids her age don’t get mono, do they? | 孩子那么小不会得白血病吧 |
[09:44] | Could be a virus. | 可能是病毒感染 |
[09:46] | I’ll have to draw some blood and run a few tests. | 要抽血检查 |
[09:52] | Kate’s white cell count’s much lower than normal. | 凯特的白细胞含量太少 |
[09:55] | – What’s that mean? – I don’t know. | -什么意思 -还不清楚 |
[09:57] | She may have an autoimmune deficiency. | 她可能有自身免疫缺乏症 |
[10:00] | Could just be a lab error. | 也可能是化验出错 |
[10:05] | Oncology? | 肿瘤学? |
[10:08] | But that’s cancer. | 那是癌症吧 |
[10:13] | Mr. and Mrs. Fitzgerald? | 菲茨杰拉德夫妇 |
[10:16] | I’m Ileana Farquad. | 我是伊莲娜・福柯 |
[10:18] | – Hello. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[10:24] | So I took a look at Kate’s CBC. | 我看了凯特的化验单 |
[10:27] | Her white blood count is very low. | 她的白细胞值很低 |
[10:29] | She’s also presenting with 12%% promyelocytes and 5%% blasts | 只有12‰的前髓细胞和5‰的胚细胞 |
[10:34] | Which does indicate a leukemic syndrome. | 这是白血病的病征 |
[10:37] | Leukemic? | 白血病? |
[10:38] | Cancer. | 血癌 |
[10:41] | I’ll need a bone marrow aspiration to confirm… | 要做骨髓穿刺才能确定 |
[10:43] | But it seems that Kate could have what | 凯特患的可能是 |
[10:45] | Is called acute promyelocytic leukemia. | 急性早幼粒细胞性白血病 |
[10:49] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[10:54] | Respiration’s normal. | 呼吸正常 |
[11:16] | St. Joe’s doesn’t know shit. | 圣乔医院懂个屁 |
[11:19] | You remember when the chief’s son was | 记得上次主任儿子和杰西玩 |
[11:22] | Playing with Jesse and broke his left arm? | 跌断了左手吗 |
[11:24] | They put a cast on his right. | 医生居然给右手打石膏 |
[11:32] | I’m not gonna let her die. | 我不会让女儿死的 |
[11:36] | You know that, right? | 你知道 对吧 |
[11:41] | I’m not. | 我不会让她死的 |
[12:11] | Hello? | 喂? |
[12:12] | We heard her coughing but | 我们听到她咳嗽 |
[12:14] | She wouldn’t open the door. Your Mom kicked it in. | 可她打不开门 你妈妈把门踢开了 |
[12:16] | Kicked the door down? | 妈妈踢门了? |
[12:17] | I haven’t gotten in touch with them, she’s lost a lot of blood. | 我还没联系上他们 她大量失血 |
[12:21] | We need to get platelets and fluids into her. | 要给她输液 输血小板 |
[12:23] | – I don’t want her going into shock. – Her age and weight? | -我不想她休克 -年龄体重多少 |
[12:25] | Fifteen, she’s about 90 pounds, she’s allergic to penicillin. | 15岁 约90磅 对青霉素过敏 |
[12:29] | One-hundred over 68. | 血压168 |
[12:31] | Okay, base camp, rescue 11 . | 大本营 急救11号 |
[12:32] | We have a 15-year-old girl, approximately 90 pounds. | 15岁女孩 体重约90磅 |
[12:35] | – BP is 100 over 68. – Jesus christ. | -血压168 -我的天哪 |
[13:03] | Nobody’s saying anything but seeing everybody. | 大家不说话 但人都来齐了 |
[13:04] | Together lets me know that this is serious. | 我也知道事态严重 |
[13:09] | Our family is kind of disconnected. | 我们家亲戚不怎么来往 |
[13:12] | Dad’s relatives are wealthy and distant, | 爸爸的亲戚有钱但疏远 |
[13:14] | And Mom’s side drives her crazy. | 妈妈的亲戚都很崩溃 |
[13:17] | So besides aunt Kelly… | 所以除了凯莉阿姨外 |
[13:19] | We never really get to see anybody except on holidays or disasters. | 非节假日或家庭大事都见不到他们 |
[13:28] | Kate’s leukemia is back. | 凯特的白血病又犯了 |
[13:29] | She’s no longer remissing. | 她撑不了多久了 |
[13:31] | We’ve looked at her smear, and her leukemic cells are showing at 23%. | 血涂片上只有23%的白细胞 |
[13:35] | – How many is bad? – Any. | -多少算糟 -很糟糕 |
[13:38] | What about chemo? | 化疗有用吗 |
[13:39] | It’s an option, but Kate doesn’t seem to take it very well. | 化疗也可以 但凯特太虚弱了 |
[13:42] | And her cancer may be too far along. | 现阶段化疗可能不起作用 |
[13:44] | So you need more bone marrow? | 要捐骨髓吗 |
[13:46] | Yes, but the leukemia isn’t Kate’s biggest problem now. | 是的 但目前最严重的不是白血病 |
[13:50] | She’s lost the function of her kidneys. | 她肾功能不全 |
[13:53] | They’ve quit. | 肾衰竭 |
[13:55] | They’re gone. | 已经不行了 |
[13:59] | – Not a match? – No. | -都不匹配吗 -是的 |
[14:01] | We’re her parents, don’t we have to be? | 我们是她父母 也不匹配? |
[14:03] | Everyone inherits two sets of chromosomes containing hla genes. | 每个人都遗传两套白细胞抗原 |
[14:07] | Unfortunately, there’s only a 1 in 200 chance that parents | 父母只有1/200的机会 |
[14:11] | And their children’ll be perfect histocompatible hla matches. | 和孩子的白细胞抗原相匹配 |
[14:16] | What about Jesse? | 杰西呢 |
[14:18] | I’m afraid not. | 恐怕也不行 |
[14:20] | It’s possible that a donor will crop up | 也许国家骨髓登记处 |
[14:22] | On the national bone-marrow registry. | 会出现合适的选择 |
[14:24] | I thought you said getting a | 你不是说无血缘的捐赠移植 |
[14:26] | Transplant from an unrelated donor was dangerous. | 很可能出现排斥反应 |
[14:28] | I did. | 是的 |
[14:30] | But Kate’s situation is time-sensitive, | 但凯特的病情刻不容缓 |
[14:31] | And sometimes that’s all we’ve got. | 必须放手一搏 |
[14:36] | I’d like to suggest something completely off the record. | 我有个非正式建议 |
[14:39] | Many times one sibling isn’t a match, but another is. | 兄弟姐妹中可能出现匹配者 |
[14:44] | Have you considered having another child? | 你们有计划再要一个孩子吗 |
[14:46] | Not to be forward… | 别灰心… |
[14:48] | But umbilical blood can be an incredibly | 脐带血治疗白血病 |
[14:50] | Effective tool in treating leukemic patients. | 功效卓越 |
[14:53] | It’s like a miracle. | 堪称奇效 |
[14:55] | How would you know that the new child would be a match? | 你怎么确定下一个孩子匹配 |
[14:58] | – We could make sure of it. – In a test tube? | -我们可以控制 -试管婴儿吗 |
[15:01] | Yes. With preimplantation genetic diagnosis, | 没错 通过胚胎植入前基因诊断 |
[15:03] | It would be a 100 percent match. | 匹配率可达100% |
[15:06] | A donor child? | 移植婴儿? |
[15:09] | It’s not for everybody. | 这机会可不是人人都有 |
[15:11] | And legally, I can’t even officially recommend it. | 法律上 我不能作正式建议 |
[15:13] | But like I said, cord blood would be invaluable. | 但脐带血确实疗效显著 |
[15:17] | Well, we gotta do it. | 我们要试 |
[15:20] | We gotta try. | 我们得试试 |
[15:23] | That was it. | 事情就是这样 |
[15:25] | Grown in a dish, they would have an in vitro child. | 培养皿内受精发育的试管婴儿 |
[15:28] | A perfect chromosomal match who would be Kate’s genetic savior. | 100%染色体匹配的基因救星 |
[15:41] | Someone here to see you. | 有人要见你 |
[15:43] | – Sara fitzgerald? – Yes. | -莎拉・菲茨杰拉德? -我就是 |
[15:48] | You’ve been served. | 你被起诉了 |
[15:52] | What is that? | 这是什么 |
[15:55] | “Petition for medical emancipation by….” | “诉求医疗解放…” |
[15:57] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[16:00] | “The ability to make future medical decisions independent of parents” | “独立决策医疗事项 不受父母控制” |
[16:03] | “Not to be forced to submit treatment including donating her kidney.” | “不接受胁迫捐赠肾脏手术” |
[16:07] | Anna, what is this? Is this from you? | 安娜 这是什么 你搞出来的? |
[16:10] | Yeah, I got a lawyer. | 是 我请了律师 |
[16:13] | You’re suing us? | 你要起诉我们? |
[16:15] | Honey, what the hell is going on? | 亲爱的 你这怎么回事 |
[16:18] | I don’t want to do it anymore, Mom. | 我不想再这样了 |
[16:20] | You don’t want to do it anymore? That’s it? You don’t want to do it? | 你不想再这样 你不想怎样啊 不想捐肾? |
[16:23] | No. | 是的 |
[16:24] | Guess what? Neither do I and neither does Kate. | 你以为我想这样吗 你以为凯特想吗 |
[16:27] | – Please. – It’s not like we have a choice. | -别吵了 -我们别无选择 |
[16:29] | That’s the thing, I do. I do have a choice. | 我有选择 我可以选择 |
[16:31] | Really? Is that so? | 是吗 你不做? |
[16:32] | – Yeah. – That’s your sister. Have you forgotten? | -对 -你忘了她是你姐姐吗 |
[16:34] | – No. – Do you know what’s gonna happen? | -没有 -你知道不捐会怎样吗 |
[16:36] | Yeah. Believe it or not, Mom, I actually thought about it. | 我知道 妈妈 我仔仔细细考虑过了 |
[16:39] | Sara. | 莎拉 |
[16:43] | Have you lost your mind? What is she doing? | 你疯了吗 看她干的好事 |
[16:45] | What the hell were you thinking? What the hell is she thinking? | 你到底在想什么 她又在想什么 |
[16:48] | I don’t understand…. | 我真不明白… |
[16:51] | Let’s hit it now, go. | 现在一起喷水 |
[17:01] | Fitzgerald! | 菲茨杰拉德 |
[17:03] | Your wife called, she said to give her a call, | 你老婆来电话了 叫你打给她 |
[17:05] | It’s important. 911. | 很重要的事 十万火急 |
[17:06] | Just telling me now? | 你怎么现在才告诉我 |
[17:08] | I’m not your secretary. Get your own frigging calls. | 我又不是你秘书 自己去打你的烂电话 |
[17:10] | Goddamn it, gus. | 该死的 |
[17:11] | All right, let’s hear it. What’s going on? | 好吧 说来听听 怎么回事 |
[17:15] | Okay. | 好 |
[17:17] | Forget about the fact that the operation is dangerous, | 先不说手术有多危险 |
[17:20] | Or that it would hurt… | 或者有多痛 |
[17:21] | …or that I might not want to have something cut out of me. | 或者我不想被开膛破肚 |
[17:24] | But if I only have one kidney, then what happens to me? | 就说如果我只有一个肾 我该怎么活 |
[17:27] | What if I need it? | 如果我需要它怎么办 |
[17:29] | And am I really never allowed to play sports | 永远不能去做运动 |
[17:31] | Or be a cheerleader or get pregnant? | 不能加入拉拉队 不能怀孕 |
[17:33] | Can’t drink. | 不能喝酒 |
[17:36] | What if I just want to live a long time? | 如果我想活很久呢 |
[17:39] | Sweetheart, you’re gonna live a long time. | 亲爱的 你可以活很久 |
[17:43] | Yeah, but tell me this. | 那你告诉我 |
[17:44] | What if the transplant doesn’t work? What then? | 如果移植手术不成功怎么办 |
[17:46] | She’s your sister. | 她是你姐姐 |
[17:47] | I know that! But I’m not like you, Mom! | 我知道 但我不想那么做 我不像你 |
[17:49] | I see the other kids, I see what they do. | 看看别的小孩 看人家都在干吗 |
[17:51] | They go to parties, the beach. | 人家去派对 去沙滩 |
[17:53] | I don’t understand why you didn’t say something earlier. | 真不明白 你以前怎么什么都不说 |
[17:55] | When? When should I talk to you about it? | 我该什么时候说 |
[17:57] | You’re never home. You leave me here with her. | 你永远不在家 就把我扔给她 |
[18:00] | Excuse me? | 你说什么呢 |
[18:01] | You’ve never had to do anything you don’t want to do, | 你根本不用勉强自己做不想做的事 |
[18:03] | And you know that! | 你知道的 |
[18:05] | I always wound up doing everything, didn’t I? | 我根本就是什么都做 |
[18:07] | – You spoiled shit! – Stop yelling! | -你把她惯坏了 -别喊了 |
[18:09] | Everyone be quiet. | 都安静一下 |
[18:10] | We said she gets the table, she gets the table. | 她有话说就让她说 |
[18:13] | Go ahead. | 继续 |
[18:17] | Remember how the doctor said if I did the operation… | 记得医生说如果我动了手术会怎样吗 |
[18:21] | …I would have to be careful for the rest of my life? | 我一生都得很小心 |
[18:23] | But I don’t want to be careful. Who wants to live like that? | 可我不想一生都小心翼翼 谁想啊 |
[18:27] | – Anna, listen– – I’m important too, Mom. I’m important too. | -安娜 听着 -妈妈 我也很重要啊 |
[18:32] | – Hey, now– – Let me go! | -现在… -别管我 |
[18:37] | Mom needs to cool off a bit. She’s a little upset. | 妈妈需要静一静 她有点儿难过 |
[18:40] | Yeah, I heard her. | 我听到她说 |
[18:42] | “Get her out of here. I don’t want to look at her face anymore.” | “让她滚 我再也不想看到她” |
[18:48] | I looked at my daughter and wondered how it got from there to here. | 看着女儿 我在想事情怎么会走到这一步 |
[19:13] | – The truth, the truth. – Okay. | -说实话 -好 |
[19:21] | All right, so, what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[19:23] | A bit more salt. | 有点淡 |
[19:24] | A bit more. | 一点点 |
[19:39] | From the moment we decided to genetically conceive… | 从我们决定人工受孕那一刻起 |
[19:41] | …I suppose this was the eventual outcome. | 我想这一切就注定了 |
[19:44] | It was our fault. | 这是我们的错 |
[19:46] | We went against nature and this was our comeuppance. | 既然决定对抗自然 那么这就是惩罚 |
[19:52] | But have we really pushed her too hard? | 难道真是我们把她逼太紧了吗 |
[19:54] | Have we forced her into helping her sister? | 一直以来是我们在强迫她照顾姐姐吗 |
[19:58] | All those little encouragements and rewards, were they real? | 那些小小的安慰和鼓励都是现实吗 |
[20:03] | Or did we just want what we wanted? | 还是我们只在乎了自己想要的 |
[20:07] | She was so little when all this started. | 事情发生的时候她还那么小 |
[20:10] | When did she start wanting to make her own decisions? | 她是什么时候想要自己做决定的呢 |
[20:14] | – It’s okay. – I want my Daddy. | -不要怕 -我要我爸爸 |
[20:16] | – I want my Mama! No, please! Mama! – It’s okay. I know. | -我要妈妈 不要啊 妈妈 -不用怕 |
[20:19] | Mommy! | 妈妈 |
[20:27] | I guess the answer is now. | 答案就是现在 |
[20:33] | What do you mean, you don’t know? | 什么叫你不知道 |
[20:35] | She won’t talk. | 她什么都不说 |
[20:39] | You know, maybe she just wants to be considered. | 她可能只是希望我们顾及她的感受 |
[20:41] | Take the credit that it’s her decision, | 相信我 那是她的决定 |
[20:43] | I don’t know. Maybe it’s not crazy. | 我不知道 可能她做得并没错 |
[20:45] | What, you don’t want her to do it? | 难道你不希望她做器官移植吗 |
[20:48] | I didn’t say that. | 我没这么说 |
[20:49] | But it’s against her will, so how does that work? | 但是那违背了她的意愿 怎么行得通 |
[20:52] | – Do you hold her down, or do I? – Don’t be dramatic. | -谁来抓住她 你还是我 -别激动 |
[20:54] | You gonna take her ankles, I’ll take her wrists? | 你抓她的脚 我抓她的手吗 |
[20:57] | – She’s not a baby. You just can’t trick her. – I know. | -她不是小孩子了 你已经不能对她耍花招了 -我知道 |
[21:00] | So then what? | 然后呢 |
[21:02] | – I don’t know. – You want to sedate her? | -我不知道 -给她吃安眠药吗 |
[21:04] | Get handcuffs, tell her we’re going to get ice cream again? | 用手铐铐住她 告诉她我们去给她买冰激凌吗 |
[21:07] | Because if we do, every day for the rest of her life… | 如果我们那么做 她一生都会觉得 |
[21:09] | …she’s gonna look at us like we forced her, like we used her. | 我们强迫了她 利用了她 |
[21:13] | And she’ll be right. | 她是对的 |
[21:14] | For chrissakes, Brian, I didn’t do this. Whose side are you on? | 布莱恩 我没那么做 你到底站在哪一边 |
[21:19] | Side. What sides? Are there sides now? | 哪一边? 我们还分派系吗 |
[21:23] | She doesn’t want to do it. | 她不想做手术 |
[21:30] | Your 11:00 appointment is here. | 11点的预约到了 |
[21:31] | I don’t have 11:00 appointment | 我11点没预约 |
[21:32] | wait, you can’t go in there. | 等等 你不能进去 |
[21:34] | Get your hands off me. | 放手 |
[21:35] | Mr. Alexander | 亚历山大先生 |
[21:36] | I’m Sara Fitzgerald, Anna’s mother. | 我是莎拉・菲茨杰拉德 安娜的母亲 |
[21:39] | It’s okay, Gloria. | 行了 格洛莉亚 |
[21:40] | Are you sure? I don’t mind calling security. | 你确定? 我不想叫保安 |
[21:42] | No, no. Thank you. | 没事 谢谢你 |
[21:44] | What can I do for you, Mrs. Fitzgerald? | 可以为你做什么 菲茨杰拉德太太 |
[21:46] | The legal age for emancipation of a minor is 14 in the state of California. | 加州未成年人独立的法定年龄是14岁 |
[21:50] | It’s the law, you might want to check it. | 这是法律 你可以去查查 |
[21:52] | Anna’s 11, you’re three years early. | 安娜才11岁 早了3年 |
[21:54] | I’m aware, she’s challenging. | 我知道 她要试试 |
[21:57] | She can’t. She’s too young to stand. | 不行 她太小了 |
[21:58] | I’m filing for her as guardian ad litem. | 我做她的监护诉讼 |
[21:59] | As what? A family independence agency? | 你算什么 家庭独立机关工作人员? |
[22:01] | I have 15 years as a volunteer member of the aclu… | 我成为美国公民联合会的志愿者15年了 |
[22:04] | In addition to which | 除了这个 |
[22:06] | I have this power of attorney signed by your daughter. | 我还有你女儿亲笔签名的委托书 |
[22:15] | This will never hold up. It’s not even legal. | 这根本站不住脚 甚至都不合法 |
[22:17] | Anna doesn’t want to do it anymore. | 安娜不想做器官移植 |
[22:19] | And 11 years old or not, she has rights. | 不管她是不是11岁 她都有自己的权利 |
[22:21] | And so long as she wants to move forward, I am going to help her. | 所以只要她想继续 我就会帮她 |
[22:24] | Why? What’s your interest? | 为什么 对你有什么好处 |
[22:26] | This isn’t a case for you. | 这不是你做的那种案子 |
[22:27] | – There’s no money. – What’s my interest? | -她没钱 -对我有什么好处 |
[22:29] | Eight hospitalizations in 11 years… | 在11年里经历了8次住院治疗 |
[22:32] | …six catheterisations, two bone-marrow aspirations… | 6次导管插入手术 2次骨髓吸引手术 |
[22:35] | Two stem-cell purges. | 2次干细胞清除 |
[22:37] | She was helping her sister. | 她是为了救她姐姐 |
[22:38] | Not to mention the side effects, including bleeding, infections, bruising. | 先不提及如流血 感染 擦伤之类的副作用 |
[22:42] | Filgrastim shots. Those are growth hormones, am I correct? | 注射惠尔血 是促长激素 对吗 |
[22:45] | Something like that. | 差不多 |
[22:46] | Drugs for nausea, opiates for pain, | 缓解呕吐的药 止痛的镇定剂 |
[22:48] | Ambien for sleep. | 缓释安眠药 |
[22:49] | Not exactly the proper medication for a preteen. | 并不适合青春期前孩子的药物 |
[22:51] | Every procedure had its risks and complications. | 任何治疗过程都可能会有风险和并发症 |
[22:54] | Anna understood that, she was okay with it. | 安娜理解 她觉得可以 |
[22:57] | – Really? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[22:58] | At 5 years old. | 在她5岁的时候 |
[23:02] | Oh, my God, you’re good. You’re really good. | 天哪 你很厉害 你真的很厉害 |
[23:05] | You know, I’ve seen your commercials, right? I mean, who hasn’t? | 我看过你的广告 当然 谁没看过 |
[23:08] | I always thought you were some headline-seeking hack… | 我一直以为你只是爱出风头的草包 |
[23:10] | …but you have real talent. | 你居然真有一手 |
[23:12] | You almost had me believing that you cared about Anna. | 我差点就相信你关心安娜了 |
[23:15] | Funny, I was about to say the same thing to you. | 搞笑 我也正想说同样的话呢 |
[23:21] | Mrs. Fitzgerald, | 菲茨杰拉德太太 |
[23:23] | Did you ever say to yourself | 你可曾想过 |
[23:24] | “Maybe I’m wrong, maybe I took it a little too far?” | “也许我错了 有点太过分” |
[23:27] | I’ll see you in court. | 法庭见 |
[23:31] | You gotta get up. | 你得起床了 |
[23:33] | You haven’t been out of that bed in two weeks. | 你已经两星期没下床了 |
[23:35] | – I’m tired. – You can do it. | -我很累 -你可以的 |
[23:37] | It’s a beautiful day outside. No. | 外面天气很好 |
[23:40] | It’s sunny. It’s gonna be good for you. | 晴天 对你有好处 |
[23:42] | – I’m too sick. – You’re not too sick. | -我病得很严重 -你没有 |
[23:44] | You’re depressed. I’m not gonna feed you antidepressants… | 你只是抑郁 我不想给你吃抗抑郁药 |
[23:47] | …they’re gonna just make you more numb. Now, get up. | 那只能让你更麻木 快点起来 |
[23:50] | – No! – Hey, baby? | -不 -亲爱的 |
[23:51] | You want to tell me what’s really wrong? | 你能告诉我到底发生了什么事吗 |
[23:54] | I’m tired. Don’t you get that? | 我很累 你没听到吗 |
[23:56] | – I’m sick, and I’m tired, and I’m ugly. – Stop it. | -我又病又累又丑 -够了 |
[23:58] | Don’t you dare tell me that I’m beautiful, because I’m not. | 不要再说我漂亮了 根本就不是 |
[24:02] | Don’t you dare tell me that nobody’s gonna stare at me, | 也别说没人盯着我看 |
[24:04] | Because they will. | 因为人人都在看 |
[24:06] | – Oh, God. – I’m a freak. | -天哪 -我是个怪物 |
[24:08] | Come here. | 过来 |
[24:09] | Okay, that’s it. It’s okay. | 够了 到此为止 |
[24:23] | Mom? | 妈妈? |
[24:37] | – Thanks, Mom. – Mom, Mom. | -谢谢 妈妈 -妈妈 |
[25:35] | This is it. | 好了 |
[25:39] | I know I’m going to die now. | 我知道我快要死了 |
[25:45] | I suppose I’ve always known that. | 也许我一直都知道 |
[25:50] | I just never knew when. | 只是不知道什么时候 |
[25:59] | And I’m okay with it. Really. | 我可以面对 真的 |
[26:03] | I don’t mind my disease killing me. | 我不介意被病魔夺去生命 |
[26:08] | But it’s killing my family too. | 但我的家人也在受折磨 |
[26:17] | While everyone was so worried about my blood counts… | 每个人都只关心我的血细胞计数 |
[26:20] | …they barely even noticed that Jesse was dyslexic. | 他们甚至没发现杰西有朗读障碍 |
[26:26] | Look at this place. You see all these kids around here? | 看这里 有那么多小孩 |
[26:29] | They got a football team, this olympic-style swimming pool. | 他们有足球队 奥运会那种游泳池 |
[26:34] | – Horses. – They got horses. | -马 -他们还有马 |
[26:38] | Massive playground here. Look at that Tarzan rope into a lake. | 操场超大 泰山绳一直连到湖里 |
[26:42] | There’s kids everywhere. You’re gonna have a great time there. | 到处都是小孩 你在那里会很开心的 |
[26:46] | What? | 怎么了 |
[26:48] | Come on, you know this is gonna be like a vacation for you. | 拜托 那会像度假一样 |
[26:53] | I’ll try harder. | 我会更努力的 |
[26:56] | It’s not about that. Hey, look at me. | 不是那样的 看着我 |
[26:59] | You know how sometimes | 你知道有时候 |
[27:02] | When you see things, they are a little mixed up? | 你阅读的时候会觉得有点混乱 |
[27:06] | This place is special because they have teachers there | 这个地方的特别之处在于有老师 |
[27:09] | That will show you how to straighten it out. | 专门教你如何纠正 |
[27:14] | – Okay. – And I can’t do that. | -好吧 -我可不会 |
[27:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:18] | You’re gonna get so good at math. | 你数学会学得很好 |
[27:21] | It’s gonna be a year, that’s it, all right? | 就一年 可以吗 |
[27:23] | Just till your grades are up. | 只是等你成绩提高 |
[27:26] | If you don’t like it, you come right home. | 如果你不喜欢 就直接回来 |
[27:29] | – Okay. – All right. | -可以吗 -好吧 |
[27:38] | I’m sorry, Jesse. | 对不起 杰西 |
[27:42] | I’m sorry I took all the attention | 对不起 我吸引了全部注意力 |
[27:44] | When you were the one who needed it the most. | 在你最需要关心的时候 |
[27:58] | Dad, I know I took your first love from you. | 爸爸 我知道我占有了你的爱人 |
[28:05] | I only hope that one day, you get her back. | 我只希望有一天 我会把她还给你 |
[28:15] | Mom, you gave up everything for me. | 妈妈 你为我放弃了一切 |
[28:18] | Your work, your marriage, your entire life… | 你的事业 你的婚姻 你的整个人生 |
[28:23] | …just to fight my battles for me every single day. | 只是为了与我的病魔斗争 |
[28:29] | I’m sorry you couldn’t win. | 很遗憾你没能战胜它 |
[28:34] | And to my baby sis, who was always so very little… | 我的小妹妹 你总是那么可爱 |
[28:41] | …I’m sorry I let them hurt you. | 对不起我的病连累了你 |
[28:46] | I’m sorry I didn’t take care of you. | 对不起我没能照顾你 |
[28:50] | It was supposed to be the other way around. | 本不应该是现在这样的 |
[28:59] | I got you something. | 给你样东西 |
[29:07] | Is that me? | 这是我吗 |
[29:09] | I’m not done with it, but…. | 我还没画完 不过… |
[29:26] | De Salvo? I thought she was on leave. | 德萨弗? 我以为她休假了 |
[29:28] | She was, she’s back. | 是的 但她现在回来了 |
[29:29] | Your honor, clearly | 阁下 很明显 |
[29:30] | Mrs Morangez is afraid for her life. | 莫兰盖茨太太的生命已经受到威胁 |
[29:32] | At this time, | 现在 |
[29:33] | The plaintiff requests a continuation on the restraining order. | 原告要求继续限制令 |
[29:36] | Stand, please. | 请起立 |
[29:39] | Mr. Morangez, by order of this court… | 莫兰盖茨先生 根据法庭的要求 |
[29:42] | …you are no longer allowed | 你不允许出现在 |
[29:44] | Within 1000 yards of Mrs. Morangez or her residence. | 莫兰盖茨太太身边或住所1000码范围内 |
[29:50] | You understand how far a thousand yards is? | 你知道1000码的概念吗 |
[29:53] | Judge de Salvo had a very public nervous breakdown… | 德萨弗法官经历过一次众所皆知的精神崩溃 |
[29:56] | …after her 12-year-old daughter was killed by a drunk driver. | 在她的12岁女儿被一个醉汉撞死后 |
[30:00] | She had taken a six-month leave of absence to deal with her grief… | 她休假6个月来抚平伤痛 |
[30:04] | …and this was the first time I’d seen her back in court. | 这是她回来后第一次出庭 |
[30:07] | You’re going to jail. | 你要进监狱了 |
[30:09] | – Okay, next case, please. – Thank you, your honor. | -下一个案子 -感谢您 阁下 |
[30:13] | 48572 Four-eight-five-seven-two. | |
[30:15] | I’d like to see counsel in my chambers, please. | 请律师到我办公室来 |
[30:23] | Good afternoon. Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[30:26] | What’s with the dog? | 怎么带狗来了 |
[30:27] | He’s a service dog, your honor. | 他是服务犬 阁下 |
[30:29] | Well, please make sure he behaves himself. | 那请它乖一点 |
[30:31] | – I just had these carpets cleaned. – Yes, Ma’am. | -我刚做了地毯清洁 -是的 夫人 |
[30:34] | Good to see you, Sara. | 很高兴见到你 莎拉 |
[30:35] | I wasn’t aware you were practicing. | 我不知道你还在接受委托 |
[30:36] | I wasn’t planning to, your honor, | 我本来没有 阁下 |
[30:39] | but the complainant is my daughter. | 但申诉人是我女儿 |
[30:42] | What’s this about, counselor? | 怎么回事 律师 |
[30:43] | Mrs. Fitzgerald’s youngest child wishes to | 菲茨杰拉德女士的小女儿希望 |
[30:45] | Be medically emancipated from her parents. | 从父母手中争取身体支配权 |
[30:47] | There’s no legal definition of medical emancipation… | 没有关于身体支配权的明确定义 |
[30:50] | …not in the state of California. | 至少在加州没有 |
[30:52] | It’s one of those new age terms | 这是一个新法律名词 |
[30:53] | That Mr. Alexander has latched onto. | 亚历山大先生最近对这些很感兴趣 |
[30:55] | Yes, I’m well aware of Mr. Alexander’s reputation. | 是 亚历山大先生早就大名远播 |
[30:59] | He once tried to sue God in my courtroom. | 他有一次企图在我的庭上起诉上帝 |
[31:01] | Did sue, your honor. | 确实起诉了 阁下 |
[31:02] | Jerome Dylan v. the diocese of California. | 杰罗姆・迪伦起诉加利福尼亚教区。 |
[31:04] | – And I won that one. – I remember. So? | -而且我胜诉 -我记得 所以呢 |
[31:07] | So Mr. Slexander wants you to change the law. | 所以亚历山大先生期待您修改法律 |
[31:09] | An 11-year-old can’t be emancipated, at least not legally. | 11岁不能宣称独立 至少在法律上 |
[31:12] | My client is not seeking to be emancipated. | 我的委托人不是要求独立 |
[31:14] | She loves her parents and wants to live at home. | 她爱她的父母并且愿意住在家里 |
[31:17] | She doesn’t wanna be cut open anymore. | 她只时不想再被开膛破肚了 |
[31:19] | Yes, I read the complaint. What is it exactly that you’re after? | 我已经读过申诉了 她到底要怎样 |
[31:23] | Limited termination of parental rights. | 有限地终止父母的权利 |
[31:25] | All right. Very smart. | 很好 很聪明 |
[31:28] | Very creative. I assume you have precedent? | 很有创造力 假设你已有了此方面的先例 |
[31:31] | Yes, Planned Parenthood v. Danforth. | 是的 计生局诉丹弗斯一案 |
[31:32] | Smith v. Seibly. Agrello v. Florida. | 史密斯诉斯伯利案例 阿格里勒诉福罗里达案例 |
[31:36] | And defense is moving for summary dismissal? | 辩方可以给出驳回的总结了吗 |
[31:38] | Yes. Today, if possible. | 对 今天 如果可能的话 |
[31:40] | Anna’s too young to make a decision of this size on her own. | 安娜还太小 不能自己做决定 |
[31:43] | She doesn’t understand what it is she wants. | 她不知道自己想要什么 |
[31:45] | She’s 11 years old. She changes her mind every five minutes. | 她才11岁 没5分钟就有个新念头 |
[31:49] | You know how young girls can be. | 你知道小女孩是怎样的 |
[31:55] | Oh, my God, I’m so sorry. I…. | 天哪 对不起… |
[32:01] | Mr. Alexander? | 亚历山大先生? |
[32:02] | The best interests of the child, your honor. | 都是为了那个孩子好 阁下 |
[32:05] | All right. Well, I need to see Anna. Is she here? | 好吧 我得见见安娜 她在这儿吗 |
[32:08] | Yes, but I was really hoping to keep her out of it. | 在 但是我真的不希望她介入 |
[32:10] | Keep her out of it? Mrs. Fitzgerald, | 不让她介入? 菲茨杰拉德太太 |
[32:14] | You just told me | 你刚说过 |
[32:15] | Your daughter doesn’t fully understand what she wants. | 你女儿不知道自己要什么 |
[32:17] | If you want a decision today… | 如果你想今天出判决 |
[32:19] | …I need to find that out. | 我得弄清问题所在 |
[32:21] | Do you have a problem with that, counselor? | 你有问题吗 律师 |
[32:22] | – None whatsoever. – All right. Well, please send her in. | -完全没有 -好 请她进来 |
[32:27] | Thank you, your honor. | 谢谢您 阁下 |
[32:30] | And Sara? | 莎拉? |
[32:33] | I’m awfully sorry about Kate. | 关于凯特的事我很遗憾 |
[32:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:01] | You can sit down if you like. | 请坐吧 |
[33:06] | Want something to drink? | 想喝点什么吗 |
[33:09] | I’ve got 7up, Dr. pepper or apple juice. | 我有7喜 胡椒博士可乐和苹果汁 |
[33:16] | – 7up, please. – 7up. | -请给我7喜吧 -7喜 |
[33:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:31] | – So you know why you’re here? – Yup. | -你知道你为什么在这里吗 -知道 |
[33:34] | Pretty scary stuff, huh? | 挺恐怖的是吧 |
[33:37] | Well, I don’t really like everyone being mad at me. | 我也不喜欢大家都生我的气 |
[33:41] | I meant having to take care of your sister all the time. | 我是说一直都得照顾姐姐 |
[33:44] | No, I don’t mind. I like it. | 我不介意 我高兴照顾她 |
[33:48] | You guys get along okay? | 你们关系好吗 |
[33:50] | Of course, she’s my sister. | 当然啦 她是我姐姐 |
[33:53] | But all those operations, it’s gotta be pretty crazy, right? | 但那些手术 确实很可怕 是吧 |
[34:00] | No, no, no, stop, stop, stop! Okay, okay. | 不 不 停下来 好吧 |
[34:02] | Quietly, girls. | 安静点 姑娘们 |
[34:04] | This is a hospital, this is not a sorority. | 这是医院 不是什么联谊会 |
[34:06] | – I need a urine sample. – But I don’t have to go. | -我需要你的尿样 -我现在尿不出来 |
[34:09] | – Well, drink something. – And I’m not thirsty. | -那就喝点水 -我不渴 |
[34:11] | Listen to me, young lady, I don’t like a lot of back talk. | 听着 丫头 我不喜欢你总顶嘴 |
[34:14] | Drink, don’t drink, I don’t care. | 喝不喝水 随你便 |
[34:17] | But you just better fill it. | 但你得给我尿样 |
[34:22] | – What a bitch. – Right? | -泼妇 -就是 |
[34:24] | I’ll fill it. | 我会给她尿样的 |
[34:27] | – Nice and warm. – No. | -绝对高质量 -不是吧 |
[34:36] | – You ready? – All set. | -准备好了? -是啊 |
[34:39] | Oh, wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[34:41] | Looks a little cloudy. I think I should filter it again. | 有点浑浊 我再过滤一下 |
[34:49] | Much better. What do you think? | 这下好多了 你觉得的呢 |
[34:52] | You are disgusting. | 你真恶心 |
[34:56] | And so are you! | 你也一样 |
[35:04] | Look at me, crying like an idiot. | 你看我 哭得像个白痴 |
[35:07] | You’re not an idiot. | 你不像白痴 |
[35:11] | I see idiots every day. | 我每天都会碰到白痴 |
[35:14] | You’re not even close. | 你和他们一点也不像 |
[35:19] | You okay? | 好点儿了吗 |
[35:21] | Where did you go? | 刚才想起什么了 |
[35:43] | – Can I ask you something? – Shoot. | -我能问个问题吗 -说吧 |
[35:49] | What was it like when she died? | 她死的时候是怎么样的 |
[35:53] | Who, Dina? | 迪娜吗 |
[35:54] | Yeah, I mean, what did it feel like? | 对 我想知道你是什么感觉 |
[36:17] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[36:19] | I shouldn’t have said anything. | 我不该提这事 |
[36:22] | Sometimes I just think things and then say them. | 有时候我会口无遮拦 |
[36:29] | Did you know Dina? | 你认识迪娜? |
[36:31] | No. | 不 |
[36:33] | – No? – She was older than me. | -不认识吗 -她比我大 |
[36:35] | I mean, I saw her on the TV and everything, but I didn’t know her. | 我在电视上见过她 但我不认识她 |
[36:40] | Yeah, you’re…. | 是啊 你… |
[36:42] | Yeah. | 对 |
[36:45] | – I’m real sorry. – Don’t be. | -我真的很抱歉 -没关系 |
[36:50] | There’s no shame in dying. | 死亡并不耻辱 |
[36:56] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[37:05] | I am going to rule against summary dismissal. | 我否决要求法庭立即驳回的申请 |
[37:08] | Please clear my calendar and schedule | 请确认一下我的日程 |
[37:10] | A hearing for first thing Friday morning. | 安排周五早上的审讯 |
[37:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢各位 |
[37:22] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[38:41] | She’s usually blowing me off, but eventually…. | 她经常放我鸽子 但最终还是… |
[38:44] | Girl, you need a day at the spa. | 亲爱的 你得去泡个温泉 |
[38:47] | yeah, I don’t see that happening… | 是啊 那是不可能的 |
[38:49] | The beautician, the mani, the pedi…the whole thing. | 美容 美甲 足疗等一系列 |
[38:52] | Okay, 1 to 10, how’s your pain? | 按1到10个等级算 你有多疼 |
[38:54] | – Six. – Six? | -6级 -6级? |
[38:56] | All right, let’s take care of that. | 好吧 我看看该怎么办 |
[38:57] | Got a minute? | 有时间吗 |
[38:59] | She’s feeling pretty good today. | 她今天状态不错 |
[39:02] | Sara, these lucid moments are gonna | 莎拉 她感觉状态好的时刻 |
[39:05] | Get briefer and further apart. | 会越来越短 间隔越来越长 |
[39:07] | Kate’s in system failure now. | 凯特的整个身体系统都在衰竭 |
[39:10] | Body defenses are at zero. | 抵抗力几乎为零 |
[39:12] | The fevers kate’s been getting it’s infection from the dialysis. | 她的发烧是透析引起的 |
[39:16] | And it’s not just in her arm or leg, it’s in her blood. | 而且不仅她的四肢发烧 她的血液也很热 |
[39:19] | I wanna see how. | 我想知道怎么办 |
[39:21] | I’m sorry, Sara, this is it. | 抱歉 莎拉 没有办法 |
[39:23] | We’re at the end. | 我们无能为力了 |
[39:26] | Dr. Chance? | 钱斯医生? |
[39:30] | What is it, princess? | 怎么了 小公主 |
[39:40] | No good, huh? | 不太好 是吧 |
[39:44] | No. | 对 |
[39:48] | How long? | 还有多久 |
[39:52] | It’s hard to say. | 这很难说 |
[39:56] | But if nothing changes… | 如果没什么改变的话… |
[40:00] | …Not too long. | 不会太久 |
[40:03] | “Not too long”? | “不会太久”? |
[40:05] | Not too long what? | 什么不会太久 |
[40:08] | – Will it hurt? – No. | -会疼吗 -不会 |
[40:11] | I’ll make sure of that. | 我会有办法 |
[40:14] | Listen, I don’t wanna hear talk like that, okay, honey? | 听着 我不想听你谈这个 亲爱的 |
[40:17] | You just stay strong enough for surgery, okay? | 你只要坚持住等待手术 好吗 |
[40:22] | Okay, Mom. | 好的 妈妈 |
[40:24] | Sara, let’s take a walk. | 莎拉 你跟我出来一下 |
[40:30] | Let me introduce you to someone. | 我给你介绍个人 |
[40:33] | This is Miss Swearingen, our home health aide. | 这是斯瓦尔英珍小姐 我们的家庭健康助理 |
[40:36] | – Hi, how are you? – Good, how are you? | -你好 -你好 |
[40:38] | I’m good, thank you. | 我很好 谢谢 |
[40:39] | Have you spoken to the Make-A-Wish people? | 您和”愿望成真”基金会的人谈过了吗 |
[40:44] | What is this? | 你们什么意思 |
[40:46] | What is this, the “quality of life” speech? | 是要给我讲如何度过完美的余生吗 |
[40:49] | Mrs. Fitzgerald, you might want to consider taking Kate home. | 菲茨杰拉德夫人 你该考虑下带凯特回家 |
[40:51] | – No. – Making her comfortable… | -不 -让她更舒适点 |
[40:53] | …managing her pain. | 控制好她的疼痛 |
[40:54] | No hospices. | 我不需要收容计划 |
[40:56] | Henry, what is this? | 亨利 这什么意思 |
[40:56] | You think we should take Kate home to die? | 你觉得我该带凯特回家去等死吗 |
[40:58] | What do you want me to say, Sara? | 你想让我怎么说 莎拉 |
[41:00] | It’s an option. | 这是个选择 |
[41:01] | Look, I know you don’t listen to anybody | 我知道你不会听任何人的建议 |
[41:03] | But it’s our job to tell you. | 但我有责任告诉你 |
[41:05] | Death is a normal process of life. | 死亡是生命的必然步骤 |
[41:07] | You need to acknowledge that. | 这点你不得不接受 |
[41:08] | No, I don’t. Who is this broad? | 我没法接受 谁能平静地接受 |
[41:10] | Have you spoken to Kate? You know what she wants? | 你和凯特谈过吗 你知道她的想法吗 |
[41:13] | I don’t care what anybody wants. | 我不管别人怎么想 |
[41:15] | We’re doing the operation. | 我们要做手术 |
[41:15] | What operation, Sara? | 什么手术 莎拉 |
[41:17] | You have an unwilling donor. | 你们的捐献者不是自愿的 |
[41:19] | The hospital won’t even allow it anymore without a court order. | 如果没有法庭指令 医院不会同意手术 |
[41:22] | You think we don’t know what’s going on here? | 你以为我们对这事不知情吗 |
[41:24] | Your daughter is dying, and you might want to spend… | 您女儿快死了 您也许希望能… |
[41:28] | – …some quality time with her. – Look it, sister– | -和她快乐地度过她最后的日子 -听着… |
[41:41] | I did it. | 好了 |
[41:43] | They look wonderful. Don’t touch them. | 看上去很棒 小心别碰坏了 |
[41:46] | I gotta go. Going to work. | 我得走了 去上班 |
[41:48] | – Bye. – Bye. I’ll be back. | -再见 -再见 我很快回来 |
[42:31] | Hey, Mom? Do you know that Minnesota is known | 妈妈 你知道明尼苏达州 |
[42:32] | As the land of ten thousand lakes? | 是以它一万多个湖而闻名的吗 |
[42:36] | Well, Montana’s got, like, a million times that. | 蒙大拿州大概是它的一百万倍 |
[42:39] | No, I didn’t know that. | 我不知道 |
[42:53] | What are you here for? | 你为什么来这儿 |
[42:57] | The free cocktails. | 为了免费的鸡尾酒 |
[42:59] | Right. Happy hour. | 是啊 欢乐时光 |
[43:03] | I’m Taylor. AML. | 我叫泰勒 急性髓细胞白血病 |
[43:06] | Kate. APL. | 我是凯特 急性早幼粒细胞白血病 |
[43:09] | – A rarity. – Yeah, right? | -罕见 -是啊 |
[43:12] | – You’re in remission? – Today, anyway. | -你在好转期吗 -今天算是吧 |
[43:16] | – Chemo? – Yeah. | -化疗? -对 |
[43:23] | So, what do you do when you’re not here at the hospital? | 你不来医院的时候都做些什么 |
[43:28] | Nothing. | 无所事事 |
[43:32] | Just wait for something that makes me come back. | 等着发病再回来 |
[43:37] | Well, then maybe we could hang together sometime? | 也许我们可以一起做点什么 |
[43:41] | Yeah. | 是呀 |
[43:43] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[43:45] | Can I get your phone number? | 能给我你的手机号吗 |
[43:49] | Okay. | 好的 |
[44:06] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[44:08] | Thanks, Mom. | 谢了 妈妈 |
[44:11] | I’m Taylor, by the way. | 我叫泰勒 |
[44:12] | Sara Fitzgerald. Nice to meet you. | 莎拉・菲茨杰拉德 很高兴认识你 |
[44:16] | Okay, Taylor. You’re out of here. | 好了 泰勒 你可以走了 |
[44:22] | 5 5 5 555… | |
[44:26] | …0 1 7 3 | …0 1 7 3. |
[44:36] | Well, I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[44:39] | I’ll call you, Kate. | 我会打给你的 凯特 |
[44:47] | – So, what do you think? – Girl, that boy is fine. | -你觉得怎么样 -那男孩不错 |
[44:50] | I know, right? So do you think he’ll call? | 我就知道 你觉得他会打来吗 |
[44:53] | I don’t know, baby, I…. | 我不知道 亲爱的 我… |
[45:06] | Hello? | 喂? |
[45:07] | Okay, I just wanted to make sure you didn’t give me a bogus number. | 我只是想确认下你没有给我假号码 |
[45:13] | The radiation, which ultimately put Kate into remission… | 放射治疗让凯特进入好转期 |
[45:17] | …worked its magic by wearing her down. | 却也使她的身体渐渐垮掉 |
[45:21] | Taylor Ambrose, a drug of an entirely different sort… | 泰勒・安布罗斯 像一种神奇的魔药 |
[45:25] | …worked his magic by building her up. | 不断地给她以力量 |
[46:08] | I don’t think that we can actually make it tomorrow… | 我们明天可能不能过去 |
[46:11] | …So do you mind picking her up? | 你明天去接她行吗 |
[46:13] | I can totally pick her up. | 没问题 |
[46:14] | Hi. How are you? No, just eating dinner. You? | 你还好吗 我在吃饭 你呢 |
[46:20] | Who is that? | 谁的电话 |
[46:22] | Oh, that’s her new boyfriend, Taylor. | 她的新男友 泰勒 |
[46:23] | What? She has a boyfriend? | 什么 她有男朋友了? |
[46:25] | They go to borders together and read books. | 他们一起坐在花坛边看书 |
[46:27] | And it’s really dorky. | 看上去可傻了 |
[46:28] | – Do you wanna see a picture? – Yes. | -想看照片吗 -当然 |
[46:30] | Hand me the bag, please. | 给我那个包 |
[46:32] | The chicken. Watch the chicken, please. | 鸡肉 别碰着鸡肉 |
[46:36] | He’s actually a really good kid. I like him. | 他是个不错的孩子 我喜欢他 |
[46:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[46:42] | He’s, like, really good. | 确实很不错 |
[46:45] | – Cute, right? – Yeah. | -很帅 是吧 -没错 |
[46:49] | You did good, Katie! | 你很厉害 小凯 |
[47:05] | – What’s the matter? – Nothing. | -怎么了 -没事 |
[47:08] | She’s home. | 她回来了 |
[48:07] | I can taste your cytoxan. | 我尝到了环磷酰胺的味道 |
[48:11] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[48:12] | No, it’s okay. | 没事的 |
[48:17] | I kind of like it. | 我其实挺喜欢的 |
[48:20] | Besides… | 而且… |
[48:23] | …they told me yesterday I’m relapsing. | 他们昨天说我的病又复发了 |
[48:26] | I start chemo next week. | 下周我也要开始化疗 |
[48:28] | Maybe it’ll save me a dose. | 那味道倒是帮我省事了 |
[49:17] | I had a really good time. | 和你在一起很开心 |
[49:20] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[49:46] | Are you awake? | 你醒着吗 |
[49:50] | I am now. | 现在醒了 |
[49:53] | So how was it? Was it great? | 怎么样 约会怎么样 |
[49:56] | We kissed. | 我们接吻了 |
[49:58] | You kissed? | 接吻了? |
[50:01] | What was it like? Was it sexy? Was it gross? | 什么感觉 性感还是恶心 |
[50:04] | – Was there a lot of tongue? – No. | -舌吻了吗 -都不是 |
[50:08] | It was nice. | 只是很美妙 |
[50:10] | How did you know what to do? | 你怎么知道该怎么接吻 |
[50:13] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[50:14] | I just did. | 就那么发生了 |
[50:25] | He has scars on his hands… | 他手上有疤 |
[50:29] | …from graft-versus-host. | 是治疗移植物抗宿主病时留下的 |
[50:32] | I could feel them when we were holding hands. | 我们牵手时我可以摸到 |
[50:36] | Was that weird? | 是不是感觉很奇怪 |
[50:39] | It was kind of like we matched. | 感觉我们彼此相配 |
[50:58] | How far into it are you? | 进行多长时间了 |
[51:00] | Just started. | 刚开始 |
[51:04] | A hundred bucks says you won’t make it | 跟你赌100块 |
[51:06] | Till 3 without tossing your cookies. | 3分钟之内你会把胃里的饼干吐出来 |
[51:08] | You’re disgusting. | 你真恶心 |
[51:11] | Such a slacker. Don’t you have anywhere to be? | 你真是游手好闲 没别的地方可去吗 |
[51:13] | No, nowhere. And what are you doing? | 没有 你想做什么 |
[51:15] | You’re trying to weasel your way out of the bet? | 打发我走然后逃掉咱们打的赌 |
[51:17] | I’m trying to spare you. Although– | 我是想给你省点事儿 虽然… |
[51:23] | Okay. | 没事 |
[51:25] | Okay. | 会好的 |
[51:43] | Here. | 给我 |
[51:51] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[51:52] | What are you talking about? Tomorrow it could be me. Here. | 别抱歉 明天就会轮到我了 给 |
[52:39] | No. | 不要了 |
[52:40] | Trust me, you need it. | 相信我 你需要的 |
[52:42] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[53:01] | Fun date, huh? | 有趣的约会 是吧 |
[53:06] | So you had french fries for lunch, huh? | 看来你中午吃的是薯条 对吧 |
[53:09] | You’re disgusting. | 你真恶心 |
[53:10] | And you lost the bet, pay up. | 你打赌输了 掏钱还债 |
[53:12] | I don’t have any money. I’ll pay you in sexual favors. | 我没钱 我以身相许吧 |
[53:18] | That’s– that’s just great. | 真是…真是不错 |
[53:20] | Why don’t we ask your Mom about that? | 不如问问你妈妈 |
[53:22] | Keep it up and your next date | 你们继续下去的话 |
[53:24] | Will be during a bone-marrow aspiration. | 下次的约会只能是在抽骨髓的时候了 |
[53:27] | Just joking. | 开玩笑而已 |
[53:29] | Yeah, I hope so. | 但愿是吧 |
[53:32] | I hate you. I really hate you. | 我恨你 恨死你了 |
[53:43] | …So the hospital… | 那个…医院… |
[53:46] | …It throws this dance for sick kids. | 要为患病的孩子办舞会 |
[53:50] | It’s really dorky. It’s done like a regular prom. | 确实挺傻的 就像普通的舞会一样 |
[53:54] | With a band and tuxes and punch spiked with platelets… | 乐队 礼服 还有掺血小板的潘趣酒 |
[53:58] | …and last year I went stag and it was really dumb. | 去年我没有舞伴所以很无趣 |
[54:05] | But I was thinking… | 我在想… |
[54:07] | …Well, you’re a patient and l’m a patient, and maybe we could | 你是病号我也是病号 我们可以… |
[54:12] | We could go together. | 我们可以一起去 |
[54:18] | – It’s a little low, don’t you think? – You look like a banana. | -这太露了 是不是 -你真像香蕉 |
[54:21] | I think it’s very nice. Very modest. | 我觉得很好看 很时髦 |
[54:24] | And it does cover up a lot of cleavage. | 而且确实遮住了你的乳沟 |
[54:26] | Really? Will it cover this? | 是吗 那它能遮住这个吗 |
[54:29] | – Kate. – Let’s go. | -凯特 -走吧 |
[54:31] | You’re angry. Doesn’t mean you have to take it out on the world. | 你生气并不意味着一定要把线亮出来嘛 |
[54:34] | She’s a bitch. | 她是个贱人 |
[54:35] | Did you see her looking at my scarf? | 你没看她一直盯着我的头巾吗 |
[54:36] | – Maybe she liked the pattern. – Really? | -也许她喜欢那个图案 -是吗 |
[54:38] | – Yeah. – That dress sucked anyway. | -当然 -反正那裙子也不好看 |
[54:40] | It was awful. | 难看死了了 |
[54:42] | You know what? I’m not going. | 我不去了 |
[54:44] | I’m never gonna find a stupid dress anyway. | 反正我也不可能买到裙子了 |
[54:46] | Don’t you think that every girl | 你不觉得其实每个要去那舞会的女孩 |
[54:47] | Going to the dance feels the same way? | 都会有这种想法吗 |
[54:49] | I don’t care about any other girl. | 我不管别的女孩怎么样 |
[54:50] | I just wanted to look good | 我只想看上去漂亮 |
[54:52] | Really good, for one night. | 极其漂亮 只要一晚就好 |
[54:56] | What? | 怎么了 |
[55:28] | – Are you ready? – Okay, ready! | -准备好了吗 -行了 下来吧 |
[55:30] | Come here. Hurry, quick. | 快过来 快点 |
[55:32] | She’s coming down. | 她要下楼了 |
[55:34] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[55:36] | There she is! Oh, my God. | 她来了 天哪 |
[55:38] | That is just so beautiful. Look how beautiful. | 真是太美了 看她啊 |
[55:41] | Doesn’t she look beautiful? | 她看上去美不美 |
[55:42] | Wait, stay right there. Don’t come down. | 等一下 就站那儿 别下来 |
[55:44] | – Honey, you look so beautiful. – No, she looks pretty. | -亲爱的 你太美了 -她漂亮极了 |
[55:47] | Okay, wait, wait, wait, stop. Can you just come down? | 好的 等等 等等 你能下来吗 |
[55:50] | I wanna see your guys… | 我想看你俩… |
[55:51] | wait. Kate, go back up the stairs for a second. | 等下 凯特 站到楼梯上 |
[55:53] | I wanna see you coming down with your hands. | 我希望你们能牵着手 |
[55:55] | Can you look this way, Taylor? | 看这边 泰勒 |
[55:57] | Excellent. Wait, hold on, hold on, here we go. | 太棒了 等一下 这样就行了 |
[55:59] | Wait, I wanna get a polaroid too. Hold on. | 等一下 我要照张一次成像 |
[56:01] | Kate? Can I see your face? | 凯特? 让我看到你的脸 |
[56:03] | Oh, excellent. | 太好了 |
[56:04] | Okay, right there. | 好了 就这样 |
[56:06] | If you guys wanna stand right there. There we go. | 你们站到这边 这里就好 |
[56:09] | – Ready? Okay, yes, stand right there. – I didn’t get enough pictures. | -准备 站那边 -我没照到照片 |
[56:13] | One more, okay? You’re kind of blocking it, sweetheart. | 再来一张 你挡住我了 亲爱的 |
[56:15] | – Can you just step… – I got it. | -你能迈几步… -我照好了 |
[56:17] | Kelly, you’re in the picture. | 凯莉 你挡镜头了 |
[56:19] | I can’t see them. | 我看不到他们了 |
[56:20] | Listen, you guys stand like you’re at prom. | 你们摆个在舞会里的造型 |
[56:22] | You know, yeah, let me see that corsage. | 对了 让我看见你上衣的花 |
[56:24] | Sweetie, but can I just see… | 亲爱的 我能不能… |
[56:26] | Say cheese! | 说茄子 |
[56:26] | There we go. Excellent. Hi. Hi. | 太好了 看这里 |
[56:29] | Hi. Oh, sweet! | 真漂亮 |
[56:31] | – That’s so… – Stop. | -这真是太… -滚开啦 |
[56:33] | Yeah, looks good. I like it. | 看上去不错 我喜欢 |
[56:35] | Mom. Mom, please. It’s enough, okay? | 妈 妈 行啦 可以了 |
[56:38] | I need to document this moment, okay? | 我得记录下这一刻 好吧 |
[56:40] | Just in front. There you– | 前面再来一张 好 |
[56:42] | Oh, my God, that’s so cute. All right. | 我的天啊 太可爱了 好了 |
[56:46] | Kate, Kate. Oh, my God. | 凯特 凯特 天啊 |
[56:47] | – Okay, let me just get a polaroid of it too. – Wait, you got some. | -让我再用宝丽来照两张 -已经照过了 |
[56:50] | Sweetheart. | 宝贝 |
[56:51] | Hey, hold on. Oh, honey. | 等一下 亲爱的 |
[56:58] | Do I look pretty, Daddy? | 好看吗 爸爸 |
[57:05] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[57:12] | Have some fun. | 玩得开心点 |
[57:16] | I love you, Daddy. | 我爱你 老爸 |
[57:21] | Honey, turn around. Can I see–? | 亲爱的 转身 我看看 |
[57:23] | – Right there. – Taylor, Taylor. | -就在那儿 -泰勒 泰勒 |
[57:28] | There was hope, there was faith, there was truth but I just couldn’t get it | 希望信仰与真理 我始终难以理解 |
[57:35] | Now there’s love in my life, can let it go, but I just won’t let it | 生命中有爱 我本能放手 但我不能 |
[57:41] | Change has played its part and it healed my wounded heart | 世事变化无常 却能抚慰心伤 |
[57:52] | All I wanna do all I wanna be All I wanna feel is something real | 我要的我追的我想的 只是片刻真实 |
[58:00] | Do you wanna get out of here? | 你想出去走走吗 |
[58:02] | Yeah. Where? | 好啊 去哪儿 |
[58:04] | I know a place. | 我知道一个地方 |
[58:24] | Oh, my God! Oh, my God, I’m gonna fall! | 天哪 我要摔倒了 |
[58:27] | I’m gonna fall. | 我要摔倒了 |
[58:28] | Taylor! | 泰勒 |
[59:23] | You ever think about dying? | 你想到过死亡吗 |
[59:28] | Not really. | 没有 |
[59:32] | You’re not scared? | 那你不害怕吗 |
[59:36] | No. | 不 |
[59:44] | If I didn’t have cancer, I never would have found you. | 我要是没得癌症就不可能遇见你 |
[59:51] | So yeah, I’m glad I’m sick. | 所以我很高兴我病了 |
[59:56] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[1:00:01] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[1:00:05] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:00:26] | It’s been three days, Mom. | 已经3天了 妈妈 |
[1:00:28] | He won’t return my calls. I leave messages and he won’t call me. | 他不回我电话 留言也没回 |
[1:00:31] | – Did you guys get into a fight after the prom? – No. | -你们是不是在舞会后吵架了 -没有 |
[1:00:34] | Well, maybe he’s busy, you know? Maybe he went out of town… | 也许他很忙 可能是有急事 |
[1:00:37] | …for an emergency? Maybe it has nothing to do with you. | 出远门了 可能不是因为你 |
[1:00:40] | We did it, okay? | 我们做过了 好了吧 |
[1:00:41] | We did it and now he won’t call me back. | 我们做过了 然后他就不理我了 |
[1:00:44] | – You did it? – That’s right. | -你们做过了? -对 |
[1:00:46] | What do you mean, “did it”? You did “it” it? | “做过了”是什么意思 做了”那个”吗 |
[1:00:48] | No, but we did some stuff, okay? | 不 但是做了点别的 好了吧 |
[1:00:50] | “stuff”? What kind of stuff? | “别的”? 什么别的 |
[1:00:52] | Mom, I don’t wanna talk about it with you. | 妈妈 我不想跟你谈论这个 |
[1:00:54] | I just told you because I’m mad. | 我一时发疯才告诉你的 |
[1:01:00] | – Alice. – Yeah, Sara? | -爱丽丝 -莎拉 |
[1:01:02] | Taylor, have you seen him? | 你见过泰勒吗 |
[1:01:05] | What? | 怎么了 |
[1:01:07] | I was sure somebody had told you. | 我以为你已经知道了 |
[1:02:13] | 爱你永远 | |
[1:02:28] | Stop the bus! | 停车 |
[1:02:29] | Stop the bus! Stop! | 停车 停一停 |
[1:02:33] | Tell him to stop that bus! Hey, stop the bus, dude! | 让他停车 停车 老兄 |
[1:02:37] | Come on! | 拜托 |
[1:02:39] | Goddamn it! | 真该死 |
[1:02:41] | Came home in the middle of the night | 夜半三更回家 |
[1:02:46] | Father says what you’re gonna do with your life | 爸爸问我将来要做什么 |
[1:02:53] | Well Daddy dear you’re still number one | 亲爱的爸爸在我心中永远是第一 |
[1:03:00] | Oh girls they want to have fun | 女孩们只想玩乐 |
[1:03:06] | Oh girls they… | 女孩们… |
[1:03:14] | That’s all they really want | 她们就是那样 |
[1:03:21] | Those girls they want to have fun | 女孩们只想玩乐 |
[1:03:32] | When I got home… | 我回家的时候 |
[1:03:34] | …I wondered how much trouble I’d be in. | 在想我到底惹了多大的麻烦 |
[1:03:44] | Buddy? What are you doing up? | 伙计 你干什么去了 |
[1:03:47] | – Can’t sleep? – I can’t sleep. | -睡不着吗 -睡不着 |
[1:03:49] | Look, I’m gonna go to the hospital, spend the night with your sister. | 我要去医院陪你姐姐 |
[1:03:52] | You wanna come? | 你去吗 |
[1:03:53] | All right. | 好啊 |
[1:03:55] | – Yeah? – Yeah. Sure, let me just– | -好吗 -好 我去… |
[1:03:56] | I’m gonna get a coffee, get yourself ready. | 我去弄杯咖啡 你准备一下 |
[1:04:00] | Hey, bud. | 伙计 |
[1:04:02] | Everything okay? | 你没事吧 |
[1:04:04] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[1:04:19] | What? | 怎么了 |
[1:04:22] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问你点事吗 |
[1:04:24] | Sure. | 问吧 |
[1:04:26] | You really think you’re gonna win? | 你真的认为你能赢吗 |
[1:04:29] | You really expect the judge to take Anna’s kidney against her will? | 你想让法官违背安娜的意愿把她的肾判给你吗 |
[1:04:33] | Well, there’s precedent. | 有很多先例的 |
[1:04:35] | There’s Hart v. Brown, Masden v. Harrison… | 哈特诉布朗的一案 马斯顿诉哈里森一案 |
[1:04:37] | – …Strunk v. Strunk. – I know. | -斯特朗科诉斯特朗科一案 -我知道 |
[1:04:39] | Besides, the court should just mind their own business. | 另外 法庭才不会管那么多 |
[1:04:42] | Why? What’s your point? | 怎么了 你什么意思 |
[1:04:44] | – Don’t start that shit. – What? | -你又来了 -什么 |
[1:04:46] | – I’m your sister. – What shit? | -我是你妹妹 -我怎么了 |
[1:04:48] | I’m behind you, no matter what. I’ll do whatever, and I do. | 无论如何我都支持你 真的 |
[1:04:54] | I’m just not sure you’re seeing the big picture. | 我只是觉得你想的不够长远 |
[1:04:57] | What big picture, Kel? Spit it out. | 什么叫长远 小莉 你说 |
[1:05:01] | I know it’s important for you to feel like you never gave up. | 我知道永不言弃对你很重要 |
[1:05:04] | I mean, | 我是说 |
[1:05:05] | Who are you if you’re not this crazy | 有一天你不用再为了孩子殚精竭虑 |
[1:05:06] | Bitch mother fighting for her kid’s life, right? | 那时你怎么办 |
[1:05:09] | But there’s, like, a whole world out there. | 你为了这些事 |
[1:05:12] | You don’t see any of it, nothing. | 放弃了全世界 |
[1:05:16] | Sooner or later, you… | 迟早有一天 你… |
[1:05:19] | You gotta stop. | 你要停下来 |
[1:05:24] | You gotta let go. | 要放手 |
[1:05:33] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[1:05:36] | How’s she doing? | 她怎么样了 |
[1:05:37] | She’s exhausted. Dialysis really wiped her out. | 她累坏了 透析把她累垮了 |
[1:05:41] | I wanna go to the beach. | 我想去海边 |
[1:05:44] | – What did you say, baby? – She wants to go to the beach. | -宝贝 你说什么 -她想去海边 |
[1:05:47] | It’s the damnedest thing. She’s been talking about it all day. | 就这事她都念叨一天了 |
[1:05:58] | Dad, he’s here. | 爸爸 他来了 |
[1:06:01] | You have to count to what, five? | 你能数到几 5吗 |
[1:06:04] | Well, you’re not counting. | 你没数 |
[1:06:06] | – You gotta count. – One, two, three, four, five. | -来数一下 -1 2 3 4 5 |
[1:06:08] | Okay. All right, sweetheart. | 好了 宝贝 |
[1:06:12] | All right, you beat me. | 好吧 败给你了 |
[1:06:16] | How’s our girl? | 孩子怎么样 |
[1:06:18] | Well, she wants to go to the beach. | 她想去海边 |
[1:06:23] | The beach, huh? | 海边? |
[1:06:26] | I’m not sure that’s a bad idea. | 这主意不坏啊 |
[1:06:28] | She is not gonna be any sicker at the beach than she is here. | 去了海边也不会再恶化到哪儿去了 |
[1:06:31] | It might even be good for her. | 也许还有好处呢 |
[1:06:34] | – Not too dangerous then, huh? – I don’t think so. | -不会有什么危险吧 -不会 |
[1:06:37] | She was dialyzed yesterday and she | 她昨天透析过了 |
[1:06:39] | Has no scheduled treatments until Friday. | 周五之前没有安排其他治疗了 |
[1:06:41] | Um, how do I do this? | 我该怎么做呢 |
[1:06:42] | I mean, just get her up and walk her out of here, or…? | 就这样带她走还是… |
[1:06:45] | Discharge her for the day. | 让她休息一天吧 |
[1:06:47] | The insurance company will definitely not approve this… | 保险公司肯定不会同意的 |
[1:06:50] | …so we’ll have to re-admit through emergency. | 那要从急诊重新接受入院 |
[1:06:52] | But if she happened to be there at, let’s say, 7:00… | 但是如果你在7点前回来 |
[1:06:57] | …I just might be there to meet her. | 让我在这里看见她 |
[1:07:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:07:03] | It’s one day. | 就一天 |
[1:07:06] | Kate’s been through the wringer, so if it’s not gonna make her any worse.. | 凯特受了不少苦 病情也不会更恶化了 |
[1:07:11] | …I say take the kid to the beach. | 那就带孩子去海边玩玩吧 |
[1:07:26] | I don’t wanna cry for you | 我不想为你而哭 |
[1:07:27] | Hey, Dad, what’s going on? hey. | 爸爸 怎么了 |
[1:07:29] | There’s nothing left to lose | 没什么再能失去了 |
[1:07:33] | What? | 什么 |
[1:07:34] | If it can make me feel better, Than I’m gonna cry, cry for you | 如果能让你感觉好些 我会为你而哭 |
[1:07:37] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[1:07:39] | I don’t wanna cry for you, there’s nothing left to do, | 我不想为你而哭 没有什么能做的 |
[1:07:46] | If it can make me feel better, Then I’m gonna cry, cry for you | 如果能让事情变好 我会为你而哭 |
[1:07:56] | Turn the lights down low and close the door | 调暗灯关上门 |
[1:08:03] | Get your stuff. March in, march out. One minute. | 收拾东西 进去出来一分钟搞定 |
[1:08:06] | – Hey. What’s going on? – We’re going to the beach. | -怎么回事 -我们要去海边 |
[1:08:09] | – You’re going to the beach? – Get your bikini. | -去海边? -去拿你的比基尼 |
[1:08:11] | – Kate? Kate, what are you doing? – Mama, please. Don’t– | -凯特? 你怎么在这儿 -妈妈 不 求你了… |
[1:08:15] | Wait a second, what is she doing out of the hospital? | 等一下 你怎么把她从医院带出来了 |
[1:08:17] | Brian! Brian! It’ll kill her! | 布莱恩 布莱恩 你会害死她的 |
[1:08:19] | Give me the keys, I’m taking her back to the hospital. | 把钥匙给我 我要带她回医院 |
[1:08:22] | Give me the keys, Brian! Let…give me! | 钥匙给我 布莱恩 给我 |
[1:08:27] | – Are you insane? You trying to kill her? – I talked to Chance. | -你疯了吗 你会害死她的 -我和钱斯说过了 |
[1:08:30] | I don’t give a shit who you talked to! You are killing her! | 我不管你和谁说过了 你会害死她的 |
[1:08:33] | You understand? | 明白吗 |
[1:08:34] | Take her to the beach, you kill her! | 带她去海边 我看你是带她去死 |
[1:08:36] | – Come on. – No, please. | -来吧 -不 求求你 |
[1:08:37] | – Come on, sweetie. It’s okay. – No, please, please! | -来 宝贝 没事的 -不 求你 |
[1:08:39] | – Don’t do this. – See how upset she is? | -别这样 -你看她有多难过 |
[1:08:41] | See what you’re doing? | 看看你都做了什么 |
[1:08:43] | – I’ll call cops. – Do what you gotta do. | -我会报警的 -随便你 |
[1:08:45] | Last 14 years I’ve let you have it your way. | 过去的14年我都随着你 |
[1:08:46] | Last 14 years have been about saving her! | 过去的14年我都在救她 |
[1:08:48] | – Today is not about you. – You want to undermine that? | -今天的事和你无关 -你想破坏这一切努力吗 |
[1:08:51] | It’s about Kate. It is. | 是为了凯特 |
[1:08:52] | She wants to go to the beach. | 她想去海边 |
[1:08:54] | – If you’d like… – She’s gonna die! | -如果你愿意… -她会死的 |
[1:08:55] | – Better come, if you don’t, I want a divorce. – A divorce? Great! | -一起来 不愿意 我要离婚 -离婚? 太好了 |
[1:08:58] | – Good. – You got a fucking divorce! | -好啊 -离你妈的婚 |
[1:09:00] | We’re divorced, Mommy and me are divorced. Sit in the car. In the car. | 妈妈和我离婚了 上车 坐到车上去 |
[1:09:04] | No. Anna! | 不 安娜 |
[1:09:04] | In the car! | 上车 |
[1:09:06] | Brian. | 布莱恩 |
[1:09:08] | – Give me the keys! This is ridiculous! – Stop. | -把钥匙给我 太荒唐了 -住手 |
[1:09:11] | You’re gonna regret this, Brian. You understand? You’re gonna regret this! | 你会后悔的 知道吗 你会后悔的 |
[1:09:18] | Brian! | 布莱恩 |
[1:09:19] | Katie, sweetie, you gotta go back to the hospital! | 凯特宝贝 你要回医院去 |
[1:09:41] | Somethin’ in your eyes, makes me wanna lose myself | 你眼中的光芒 让我迷失自己 |
[1:09:48] | Makes me wanna lose myself, in your arms | 让我迷失自己 在你的臂弯中 |
[1:09:59] | There’s somethin’ in your voice, makes my heart beat fast | 你声音的磁性 让我心跳加速 |
[1:10:08] | Hope this feeling lasts, the rest of my life | 希望这种感觉能永远持续 |
[1:10:16] | If you knew how lonely my life has been | 如果你知道我的生活有多孤独 |
[1:10:25] | And how long I’ve been so alone | 我已经孤独了多久 |
[1:10:33] | And if you knew how I wanted someone to come along | 你知道我多想有个人陪伴 |
[1:10:43] | And change my life the way you’ve done | 用你的方式改变我的生活 |
[1:10:51] | It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me | 家一样的感觉 家一样的感觉 |
[1:11:00] | It feels like I’m all the way back where I come from | 我感觉好像走在回家的路上 |
[1:11:09] | It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me | 家一样的感觉 家一样的感觉 |
[1:11:19] | It feels like I’m all the way back where I belong | 我感觉好像回到生我养我的地方 |
[1:11:37] | A window breaks, down a long, dark street | 碎了的玻璃 洒落在黑暗的长街 |
[1:11:45] | And a siren wails in the night | 警笛声在夜里咆哮 |
[1:11:54] | But I’m alright, ’cause I have you here with me | 但是我没事 因为有你 |
[1:12:03] | And I can almost see, through the dark there is light | 我几乎可以看到 穿破黑暗的光明 |
[1:12:11] | Well, if you knew how much this moment means to me | 你知道这一刻对我意义如何 |
[1:12:20] | And how long I’ve waited for your touch | 对你的抚摸我已等待了多久 |
[1:12:29] | And if you knew how happy you are making me | 你知道你让我有多幸福 |
[1:12:38] | I never thought that I’d love anyone so much | 我没想过会如此一个人 |
[1:12:46] | It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me | 家一样的感觉 家一样的感觉 |
[1:12:56] | It feels like I’m all the way back where I come from | 我感觉好像走在回家的路上 |
[1:13:04] | It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me | 家一样的感觉 家一样的感觉 |
[1:13:13] | It feels like I’m all the way back where I belong | 我感觉好像回到生我养我的地方 |
[1:13:23] | It feels like I’m all the way back where I belong | 我感觉好像回到生我养我的地方 |
[1:13:38] | I don’t suppose there’s any way around this without a hearing? | 看来除了听证会是没有别的办法了 |
[1:13:41] | – I’m afraid not, your honor. – Any housekeeping issues? | -恐怕没有 阁下 -有没有家务管理问题 |
[1:13:45] | Open motion? Rule of witness? | 开放性提议? 证人规则? |
[1:13:48] | Okay, let’s get started. | 好吧 我们开始 |
[1:13:50] | The court calls Dr. Kenny Chow. | 法庭传唤周肯尼医生 |
[1:13:57] | The doctors talked for what seemed like forever. | 医生们好像说了好长时间 |
[1:14:01] | They said that Kate was a miracle. | 他们说凯特是个奇迹 |
[1:14:03] | She should have never made it past 5 years old. | 她本来活不过5岁的 |
[1:14:07] | They talked about the psychological benefits of donation… | 他们讲了器官捐赠对心理上的好处 |
[1:14:10] | …and how losing my kidney would affect the quality of my life. | 失去一个肾对我的生活质量的影响 |
[1:14:16] | They all said that nothing was their fault, | 他们都说他们没有过错 |
[1:14:18] | And it was a very complex problem. | 这是个复杂的问题 |
[1:14:22] | When put to the test… | 当他们接受提问时 |
[1:14:23] | Most everyone thought that I should give Kate my kidney. | 几乎所有人都同意我应该给凯特捐肾 |
[1:14:26] | But they also said that I was too young to understand the situation fully. | 但他们也说 我太小没法完全理解整件事 |
[1:14:30] | And none of them could say at what age I would be able to understand. | 但是谁也没说我多大才能明白 |
[1:14:34] | All in all, they were like me, pretty confused. | 总之 他们和我一样 很困惑 |
[1:14:38] | But can you tell us one single benefit… | 你能哪怕只告诉我一个 |
[1:14:41] | …that Anna has received from any of these procedures? | 在这过程中安娜得到的好处 |
[1:14:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:14:47] | She got to save her sister’s life. | 她会救她姐姐一命 |
[1:14:50] | The court calls Brian Fitzgerald. | 法庭传唤布莱恩・菲茨杰拉德 |
[1:15:02] | Hello? | 喂? |
[1:15:03] | Hey, it’s me. | 是我 |
[1:15:06] | What’s going on? | 怎么样了 |
[1:15:08] | I don’t know if l can do this anymore, sissy. | 我不知道我还能不能继续下去了 姐姐 |
[1:15:12] | It’s gonna be okay. | 会没事的 |
[1:15:15] | Do you hear me? I promise. | 听见了吗 我保证 |
[1:15:17] | Who you talking to? Hello? | 你和谁说话呢 喂? |
[1:15:20] | Hello? | 喂? |
[1:15:28] | Mrs. Fitzgerald, how old was Anna when she started donating to her sister? | 菲茨杰拉德夫人 安娜从多大就开始给姐姐捐献了 |
[1:15:33] | She was a newborn. | 从新生儿时开始 |
[1:15:35] | And at 5, she started donating lymphocytes, is that correct? | 5岁时 她开始捐献淋巴细胞 对吗 |
[1:15:39] | – What does that involve? – Giving blood. | -都包括哪些过程 -采血 |
[1:15:41] | – Did anna agree to that? – No, she was 5. | -她同意了吗 -不 她才5岁 |
[1:15:44] | So you didn’t ask her if they could stick the needles in her arm? | 你没问她是否介意在胳膊上扎针 |
[1:15:48] | I asked her to help her sister, and she agreed. | 我请求她帮助姐姐 她同意了 |
[1:15:50] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[1:15:51] | Didn’t two nurses have to hold Anna down because she was fighting so hard? | 是否因为她反抗得厉害要两个护士按住安娜 |
[1:15:56] | So she didn’t completely agree, now, did she? | 那她也不是完全同意 是不是 |
[1:15:59] | Mr. Alexander, it’s just us chickens. No showboating, please. | 亚历山大先生 都是自己人 就不要卖弄了 |
[1:16:03] | I’m sorry, your honor. Force of habit. | 对不起 阁下 习惯了 |
[1:16:06] | Mrs. Fitzgerald, how old was Anna the next time she was hospitalized? | 菲茨杰拉德夫人 安娜第二次住院是什么时候 |
[1:16:12] | – When Kate was 9, she got a… – That’s not what I asked. | -是凯特9岁时 她得了… -我问的不是这个 |
[1:16:15] | I want to find out what happened to Anna when she was 6. | 我想知道安娜6岁时发生了什么 |
[1:16:22] | – She donated granulocytes. – And what’s that? More needles? | -她捐献了粒性白细胞 -意味着什么 更多针眼? |
[1:16:25] | Yup. | 是的 |
[1:16:26] | And did you ask Anna if she was willing to donate the granulocytes? | 那你问过安娜愿不愿意捐粒性白细胞呢 |
[1:16:30] | Her sister needed them. She was the only match. | 她姐姐需要她 她是唯一配型成功的人 |
[1:16:33] | But did you ask her? | 你问她了吗 |
[1:16:41] | Mrs. Fitzgerald, answer the question, please. | 菲茨杰拉德夫人 请回答问题 |
[1:16:46] | No, I didn’t. | 不 没有 |
[1:16:49] | We talked about it a lot, but no, I didn’t ask her permission. | 我们谈了很多 但是我没有得到她的同意 |
[1:16:53] | Next was the bone-marrow aspiration. | 下一个就是骨髓抽取 |
[1:16:57] | Could you describe that procedure for us? | 你能为我们描述一下那个过程吗 |
[1:17:01] | They put needles into Anna’s hips. | 他们把针放在安娜的臀部 |
[1:17:04] | – Into the bone? Big needles? – Yes. | -扎到骨头里? 大针头吗 -是的 |
[1:17:06] | Using your hands, | 用手比一下 |
[1:17:07] | Would you indicate to the court the size of those needles? | 针头有多大 |
[1:17:16] | It’s a tough procedure, am I right? Anna had to be hospitalized afterward. | 那是很痛苦的过程 对吧 那之后安娜需要住院 |
[1:17:20] | – Yes. – For how long? | -是的 -多长时间 |
[1:17:22] | Six days. There were some complications. | 6天 出现了并发症 |
[1:17:26] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[1:17:28] | You add it all up, it’s not so innocuous, is it? | 这么多加起来 你还认为是无害的吗 |
[1:17:30] | It’s tough to hear it all hashed out that way. | 听起来都难受 |
[1:17:32] | I don’t see the point. Court’s well aware of the family’s medical history. | 你要说什么 法庭很了解他们的家庭医疗史 |
[1:17:36] | Of Kate’s history, your honor, but not of Anna’s. | 是凯特的 阁下 不是安娜的 |
[1:17:39] | Fair enough. Proceed. | 有道理 继续吧 |
[1:18:22] | Mrs. Fitzgerald, looking back and only taking into account Anna’s well-being… | 菲茨杰拉德夫人 回想一下 只从安娜的健康这个角度 |
[1:18:27] | Do you think it’s reasonable to | 你觉得你是不是 |
[1:18:28] | Conclude that you might have taken this too far? | 做得有点过分了 |
[1:18:39] | Looking at only Anna’s situation… | 只从安娜的角度上看 |
[1:18:43] | …yes, it is. | 是的 确实是 |
[1:18:46] | But I have to think about my entire family. | 但我要考虑到整个家庭 |
[1:18:49] | – But Kate comes first? – Kate’s sick. | -凯特优先考虑? -凯特生病了 |
[1:18:50] | So this is a triage situation. | 所以你用的是排除法 |
[1:18:53] | Compromising one child’s health on behalf of the other. Where’s the line? | 牺牲一个孩子的健康来成全另一个 是不是 |
[1:18:56] | – For Kate, it’s life or death. – Not for Kate, for Anna. | -对凯特来说这个生死攸关 -不说凯特 说安娜 |
[1:18:59] | – She’s why we’re here. – That’s a trick question. | -所以她才来这儿 -你偏题了 |
[1:19:01] | Because Anna isn’t the only person in this equation. | 因为安娜并不是这个问题中的唯一一个人 |
[1:19:04] | And if we were looking at it only from Anna’s situation, sure, | 要是只从安娜的角度考虑 是的 |
[1:19:08] | It is brutal. | 是很残酷 |
[1:19:08] | I mean, who wants to be stuck and poked and prodded by needles? | 谁愿意被针戳来戳去的 |
[1:19:13] | And you can look at me and you can say | 你可以看着我说 |
[1:19:14] | How awful I am for doing that to my child. | 你怎么能这么对待自己的孩子 太可怕了 |
[1:19:17] | You know what? It is awful. | 知道吗 是很可怕 |
[1:19:18] | But it’s not as awful as putting your child in the ground. | 但是不如给自己的孩子下葬更可怕 |
[1:19:21] | – You stand up for your family. – It’s my job. | -你是为家庭考虑的 -这是我的责任 |
[1:19:23] | – And you stand up for Kate. – I do. | -你为凯特考虑 -是的 |
[1:19:27] | Who stands up for Anna? | 谁为安娜考虑 |
[1:19:35] | Nothing further, your honor. | 没有问题了 阁下 |
[1:19:45] | Mr. Alexander, does your dog have to go to the bathroom? | 亚历山大先生 你的狗不用上厕所吗 |
[1:19:48] | No, your honor, but I may need a recess. | 不 阁下 但是我需要休庭 |
[1:19:50] | I’m afraid that’s out of the question. I wanna finish today. | 那不可能 今天就要结束这个案子 |
[1:19:53] | Next witness, please. | 请下一位证人 |
[1:19:54] | The court calls Anna Fitzgerald. | 法庭传唤安娜・菲茨杰拉德 |
[1:20:00] | I mean it. If you can’t control your animal, I’ll have him removed. | 你要是不能控制你的狗就把它弄出去 |
[1:20:04] | – Quiet, Judge. – Excuse me? | -嘉杰 安静点(嘉杰音同法官) -什么 |
[1:20:05] | No, no, I was speaking to the dog. The dog’s name is Judge. | 不 不 我和狗说话呢 它叫嘉杰 |
[1:20:08] | I don’t care what his name is, I want him quiet. | 我不管它叫什么 让它安静下来 |
[1:20:12] | Raise your hand. | 举起你的手 |
[1:20:13] | Do you swear to tell the truth, whole truth, nothing but the truth? | 发誓你说的都是真话 知无不言言无不尽吗 |
[1:20:16] | – Yup. – Please state your name for the record. | -是的 -说出你的名字以供记录 |
[1:20:18] | Anna Fitzgerald. | 安娜・菲茨杰拉德 |
[1:20:24] | – Hey, Mom. – Hi, sweetheart. | -妈妈 -宝贝 |
[1:20:28] | You wanna tell us why we’re here? Why you’re doing this? | 你能告诉我们你为什么来这儿吗 来干什么 |
[1:20:32] | For medical emancipation. | 为了医疗自由 |
[1:20:34] | That’s not what I mean. | 我不是问那个 |
[1:20:35] | You love your sister, right? | 你爱你的姐姐 对吗 |
[1:20:37] | You know she’s sick. Why won’t you help her? | 你知道她病入膏肓了 为何还不帮她 |
[1:20:45] | What are you doing in there? | 你在里面干吗 |
[1:20:50] | Come on, Kate, just let me in! | 凯特 快开门 让我进去 |
[1:20:57] | What’s going on? It smells like booze in here. | 发生什么事了 一股酒味 |
[1:21:00] | – Having a little party. – A party? | -在举行一场小派对 -派对? |
[1:21:02] | Yeah, a going-away party. | 对 死前欢送派对 |
[1:21:08] | See you, Mom! Goodbye, fucking hospital! | 再见 妈妈 再见 该死的医院 |
[1:21:12] | Damn! | 妈的 |
[1:21:14] | What are you doing? | 你在干吗 |
[1:21:17] | I’m going to see Taylor. | 我要去见泰勒 |
[1:21:19] | What? No! No! | 什么 不 不 |
[1:21:22] | No! | 不 |
[1:21:24] | So you’re here for medical emancipation? | 你来这儿是为了医疗自由? |
[1:21:27] | Right. | 是 |
[1:21:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:21:39] | Is that it? | 就这样吗 |
[1:21:41] | – Is that the only reason? – That’s the only reason. | -那是唯一的原因吗 -是唯一的原因 |
[1:21:44] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[1:21:46] | Hold, please. Mr. Fitzgerald, is there something you wanted to say? | 请等等 菲茨杰拉德先生 你有话要说吗 |
[1:21:49] | I don’t know, is there? | 不知道 有吗 |
[1:21:54] | Okay. All right, that is the last time. | 好了 最后一次警告 |
[1:21:55] | If you do not control him, I’m going to have the bailiff remove him. | 如果你不能让他安静的话 我要让法警带他出去 |
[1:21:59] | I mean it. | 我说真的 |
[1:21:59] | – Your honor – Not another word, counselor. | -阁下 -别说了 律师 |
[1:22:02] | Proceed, please. | 请继续 |
[1:22:04] | – I just want to be in charge of my own body. – No, you don’t. | -我只想要对自己的身体负责 -不 你不想 |
[1:22:08] | Down. | 坐下 |
[1:22:10] | – You want me to do something about this? – No, leave it. | -要我来处理吗 -不用 别管它 |
[1:22:13] | It’s kind of interesting. | 蛮有趣的 |
[1:22:18] | Okay, so you want to be in charge. | 所以你想要对自己的身体负责 |
[1:22:20] | Yeah. It’s my body, I want to be able to make my own decisions… | 对 那是我的身体 我想要自己做决定… |
[1:22:23] | …about what to do with it. | 怎么对待我的身体 |
[1:22:28] | No. No,I know you, Anna Fitzgerald, and that’s not it. | 不 不是 我了解你 安娜・菲茨杰拉德 那不是实话 |
[1:22:32] | It doesn’t add up. | 那并不合乎情理 |
[1:22:34] | For a week now you’ve been avoiding the question. | 过去一周到现在 你一直在逃避问题 |
[1:22:36] | “I can’t tell you.” “I’m sorry.” “I don’t wanna talk about it.” | “我无法告诉你” “对不起” “我不想谈论此事” |
[1:22:40] | You’ve been walking around like nothing’s wrong… | 当你姐姐在医院病情逐渐恶化的时候 |
[1:22:43] | …while your sister rots in that hospital! | 你却像个没事人一样在那儿晃悠 |
[1:22:45] | – I just don’t wanna do it anymore. – I don’t believe you. | -我只是不想再那么做了 -我不相信你的话 |
[1:22:48] | – You are hiding something, Anna. – I’m not. | -安娜 你在隐瞒事实 -没有 |
[1:22:50] | People give their kidneys to total strangers. | 人们把他们的肾脏捐给完全不认识的人 |
[1:22:52] | – You’d better start talking right now. – I’m talking! | -你最好马上说出实情 -我在说啊 |
[1:22:55] | – You start telling me the truth. – I am! I’m telling you the truth. | -告诉我实情 -我说的都是实话 |
[1:22:57] | You’re not. Because if you are, I don’t know you. | 你没有说实话 因为如果你在说实话 我会不知道吗 |
[1:23:00] | – Jesus christ, Anna, just tell them. – You shut up! | -上帝啊 安娜 告诉他们吧 -你给我闭嘴 |
[1:23:02] | – Tell them why are we here – You promised me you wouldn’t do this! | -告诉他们我们为什么要起诉 -你向我保证过你不会说出来 |
[1:23:05] | Tell them! | 告诉他们 |
[1:23:06] | – God, you people are so stupid! – You promised! | -天哪 你们这群人实在太蠢了 -你向我保证过 |
[1:23:08] | – Kate wants to die! – Stop it! | -凯特想死 -闭嘴 |
[1:23:14] | She’s making Anna do all this because she knows she’s not gonna survive. | 是她指使安娜做这些事 因为她知道她活不了了 |
[1:23:17] | – That’s a lie, Jesse! – Oh, no, it’s not! | -你说谎 杰西 -不 是事实 |
[1:23:20] | Kate’s dying and everybody knows it. | 凯特正濒临死亡 大家都心知肚明 |
[1:23:22] | You just love her so much that you don’t want to let her go. | 你只是太爱她了 不想让她死 |
[1:23:25] | Your honor? | 阁下 |
[1:23:26] | But it’s time, Mom. Kate’s ready. | 但时间到了 妈妈 凯特已经有心理准备了 |
[1:23:30] | That’s not true. | 那不是真的 |
[1:23:32] | Kate would have told me. | 凯特会告诉我的 |
[1:23:33] | – Your honor, I– – Mom, she did tell you. | -阁下 我… -妈妈 她有告诉你 |
[1:23:37] | She did. | 她告诉过你 |
[1:23:39] | She told you a million times. You didn’t wanna hear it. | 你跟说了几百万遍了 你不想接受事实罢了 |
[1:23:52] | Mr. Alexander. | 亚历山大先生 |
[1:23:54] | Mr. Alexander. | 亚历山大先生 |
[1:24:08] | Right then, I understood the real reason… | 那时 我才明白坎贝尔・亚历山大为何会 |
[1:24:10] | …why Campbell Alexander took on my case. | 接我的案子 |
[1:24:14] | It wasn’t for the notoriety. | 并不是为了臭名昭著 |
[1:24:16] | He was an epileptic. | 他是一名癫痫病患者 |
[1:24:19] | He knew what it was like to not have control over his own body. | 他知道无法控制自己身体的感受 |
[1:24:22] | Anna? | 安娜? |
[1:24:26] | Sissy. | 小妹 |
[1:24:31] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[1:24:33] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[1:24:54] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[1:24:56] | It’s just the new medicine getting ready for the kidney. | 只是肾脏在适应新药产生的副作用罢了 |
[1:25:01] | You in pain? | 疼吗 |
[1:25:03] | Pain? | 疼? |
[1:25:06] | My whole life is a pain. | 我的整个人生就是一场苦难 |
[1:25:22] | This is the end, sissy. | 要结束了 小妹 |
[1:25:26] | It just gets scarier from here on out. | 从现在开始只会变得更可怕 |
[1:25:32] | Mom’s gonna chop me and cut me… | 妈妈会把我剁碎 切碎… |
[1:25:36] | …till I’m a vegetable. | 直到我变成一碟蔬菜 |
[1:25:41] | Two cells in a petri dish that she shocks with an electric cord. | 她用电线电击培氏皿里的两个细胞 |
[1:25:46] | You’ll be all right. | 你会好起来的 |
[1:25:52] | It’s over. | 结束了 |
[1:25:55] | Time to go. | 是时候该离开了 |
[1:26:03] | I need you to do me a favor, sissy. | 我需要你帮我个忙 小妹 |
[1:26:08] | What favor? | 什么 |
[1:26:12] | You can release me. | 你可以解放我 |
[1:26:24] | Are you certain you don’t wanna take the rest of the day off? | 你确定不要放假休息一下吗 |
[1:26:27] | Oh, no, your honor. I’m fine. | 不用 阁下 我没事 |
[1:26:30] | Anything for a recess, right? | 没必要休庭 对吧 |
[1:26:36] | So, Anna, for the record. | 安娜 必须明确指出 |
[1:26:38] | Did you tell Kate you would stop being a donor so that she could die? | 你有告诉凯特你要是停止捐献 那么她就会死吗 |
[1:26:43] | – Yeah. – And what did she say? | -有 -那她说了些什么 |
[1:26:48] | Mom and Dad are gonna kill me. | 爸妈会杀了我的 |
[1:26:50] | What am I supposed to tell them? | 我该怎么告诉他们 |
[1:26:52] | Tell them you’re important too. | 告诉他们你也很重要 |
[1:26:55] | Tell them you wanna play soccer. | 告诉他们你想踢球 |
[1:26:58] | Tell them you wanna cheerlead. | 告诉他们你想要当啦啦队长 |
[1:27:00] | They’ll never believe me. | 他们决不会相信我的 |
[1:27:02] | Yeah, they will. | 不 他们会信的 |
[1:27:04] | And you wanna know why? | 你想知道为什么吗 |
[1:27:07] | Because it’s the truth. | 因为那些都是事实 |
[1:27:10] | – Oh, boy. – I know. | -孩子 -我知道 |
[1:27:20] | You scared? | 你害怕吗 |
[1:27:22] | No. I know I’ll be okay. | 不怕 我知道我会没事的 |
[1:27:28] | What do you think happens? | 你觉得会发生什么事 |
[1:27:30] | I mean, where do you go? | 我是说 你会去哪里 |
[1:27:35] | I don’t know, baby. | 我也不知道 宝贝 |
[1:27:39] | But who knows? | 但谁知道呢 |
[1:27:43] | Wherever it is, maybe I’ll run into Taylor. | 任何地方 也许我会碰到泰勒 |
[1:27:48] | Will you wait for me? | 你会等我吗 |
[1:27:50] | What? | 什么 |
[1:27:52] | If you go anywhere crazy, will you wait? | 如果你去了任何疯狂之地 你会等我吗 |
[1:27:56] | I mean, how will I know how to find you? | 我怎么知道如何找你 |
[1:28:03] | If you’re ever lost or scared… | 如果你真的迷路了或是害怕了… |
[1:28:06] | …go to Montana. | 就去蒙大纳 |
[1:28:09] | – Montana? – Yeah. | -蒙大纳? -是的 |
[1:28:12] | That’s where I’ll be. | 我会在那儿 |
[1:28:19] | What did she say, Anna? | 她说了什么 安娜 |
[1:28:22] | She said, “thanks.” | 她说 “谢谢” |
[1:28:28] | All right, I think I have enough information… | 好了 我想审讯得差不多了… |
[1:28:31] | But before I make my decision, I’d like to visit Kate, | 但在我做裁决之前 如果可以的话 |
[1:28:33] | If that’s all right. | 我要去见见凯特 |
[1:28:38] | It’s hard to say. It takes from anywhere between 24 and 48 hours or so. | 很难说 大约在24跟48小时之间左右 |
[1:28:55] | Radiology therapist to room 231. | 231室的病人要放射治疗 |
[1:28:57] | Radiology therapist to room 231. | 231室的病人要放射治疗 |
[1:29:22] | Hey, sweetheart. How you feeling? | 亲爱的 感觉怎么样 |
[1:29:24] | Sweetie. | 亲爱的 |
[1:29:25] | Hi. Hey, you look good. You do. | 你看起来不错 不错 |
[1:29:28] | Look, I got you this book, okay? | 瞧 我买了本书给你 |
[1:29:30] | It’s full of guided meditations, visualizations, healing stuff. | 里面都是冥想 想象 康复之类的东西 |
[1:29:33] | Really good for you, okay? | 真的对你很有好处 |
[1:29:36] | Keep fighting. | 加油 |
[1:29:37] | A lot of living to do, okay? | 人生还长着呢 |
[1:29:41] | – All right, promise me? – Promise. | -向我保证 -我保证 |
[1:29:42] | – Promise? – Promise. | -保证? -我保证 |
[1:29:47] | Hey, you let the cat out of the bag, you naughty boy. | 你泄露了秘密啊 调皮蛋 |
[1:29:51] | I didn’t know what else to do. | 我不知道该怎么做 |
[1:29:56] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:29:59] | Hey, you know what you did? | 你知道你做了什么吗 |
[1:30:07] | You know how brave you are? | 你知道你多么勇敢吗 |
[1:30:24] | – How about some pizza? – I’m up for that. | -来些披萨怎么样 -我就是来吃披萨的 |
[1:30:27] | Definitely. Definitely. Yeah. | 当然 当然好啊 |
[1:30:29] | – Good timing. – I’ll get the pizza. | -正是时候啊 -我去叫披萨 |
[1:30:31] | Yeah, Anna wants a slice. I’m just gonna pass it out. | 安娜要一片披萨 那我就给她一片好了 |
[1:30:34] | – There’s cheese- – There’s an idea. | -要奶酪的… -不错 |
[1:30:36] | And pepperoni and everything. | 还有意大利辣香肠 都要 |
[1:30:37] | You guys want cheese, right? | 你们要奶酪的 对吗 |
[1:30:39] | Anna wants a piece. Of cheese, pepperoni? | 安娜要一块有奶酪跟意大利辣香肠的? |
[1:30:42] | I want pizza and 7up. Thank you. | 我要披萨跟七喜 谢谢 |
[1:30:48] | You’ve just gotta tell yourself you’re gonna get better. | 你只要告诉自己 你会好起来的 |
[1:30:51] | Tell your brain to heal yourself and work on it while you’re sleeping. | 告诉你的大脑自我治疗 当你睡觉的时候也这么想 |
[1:30:55] | – Okay. – I’m not kidding. | -好的 -我不是在开玩笑 |
[1:30:57] | – No, I will. I promise. – Okay. | -好 我会的 我保证 -好的 |
[1:30:59] | Subconscious mind is a really powerful thing. | 潜意识真的是一个非常强大的东西 |
[1:31:01] | Yeah, you know, it’s like this lady I saw on TV. | 对的 就像我在电视上看到的一位女士 |
[1:31:04] | She would talk to her cancer cells and ask them to go away. | 她会跟她的癌细胞说话 叫它们消失 |
[1:31:08] | And eventually they did. I did not make this up, this is true. | 最终它们真的消失了 我可没编 这是真事 |
[1:31:11] | – “Go away, cancer cells.” – Yeah, like that. | -“消失吧 癌细胞” -对 就是那样 |
[1:31:13] | – “Out.” – Speaking more sincerely than that. | -“快消失” -说得比那更有诚意一点 |
[1:31:16] | What about that prisoner story? Prisoners are in there for 1 0 years… | 听过关于囚犯的故事吗 囚犯在里面关了10年 |
[1:31:19] | …and practicing their invisible golf swing. | 手握虚拟的高尔夫球杆练习 |
[1:31:22] | They practice, and see it in their mind… | 他们不断练习 然后大脑里想象着手握高尔夫球杆… |
[1:31:24] | …so by the time they get out, boom, they’re scratch golfers. | 所以当他们刑满释放出来之后 成了业余高尔夫球手 |
[1:31:28] | It’s true. I’ve even heard about those mothers… | 是真的 我甚至听过那些母亲… |
[1:31:30] | …the ones who get supernatural power… | 拥有超能量… |
[1:31:32] | …and they can lift up a car and save their babies. It’s amazing. | 她们可以举起一辆轿车 拯救她们的孩子 太神奇了 |
[1:31:35] | – Miracles happen every day. – That’s right. | -奇迹每天都在发生 -对的 |
[1:31:38] | This world isn’t made up of science and medicine. | 这个世界不是由科学跟医学组成的 |
[1:31:40] | There are powerful things out there that none of us can understand. | 世上有些世人都无法解释的能量存在 |
[1:31:44] | Read the book. There’s more over here. | 看看那本书吧 里面有更多这样的故事 |
[1:31:46] | We’ll read the book. I promise,I’ll read the book. | 我们会看那本书的 我保证 我会看那本书的 |
[1:31:53] | Sorry, guys, everybody’s gotta go. Visiting hours are over. | 抱歉 大家该离开了 探视时间已经结束了 |
[1:31:55] | – Seriously, out. – We just got here. | -说真的 都出去吧 -我们才刚到这儿 |
[1:31:59] | We just gotta eat. I’m personally starving. | 我们刚叫了外卖 我真的很饿 |
[1:32:02] | See you really soon, okay? | 希望很快再见到你 |
[1:32:18] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[1:32:28] | Hey, guys? | 伙计们 |
[1:32:30] | I love you all, but could you go home? | 我爱你们 但你们可以先回去吗 |
[1:32:34] | I need some time with Mom. | 我要单独跟妈妈待一会儿 |
[1:32:43] | Let’s go. Come on. | 我们走吧 走吧 |
[1:33:17] | You don’t wanna talk? | 你不想谈谈吗 |
[1:33:19] | Nope. | 不想 |
[1:33:23] | Are you mad at me? | 你在生我气吗 |
[1:33:25] | I’m not mad at you, I’m just mad. | 我没有生你的气 我就是生气而已 |
[1:33:28] | You gotta get some rest, okay? | 你要休息一会儿 好吗 |
[1:33:31] | You be strong for surgery. | 你要坚强地面对手术 |
[1:33:45] | I made this for you. | 这是我做给你的 |
[1:33:49] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[1:33:52] | It’s everything. | 一切 |
[1:33:55] | It’s us. | 是我们 |
[1:35:27] | It was a good one, wasn’t it? | 很不错 是吗 |
[1:35:30] | The best. | 最棒的礼物 |
[1:35:40] | Remember that summer when I went away to camp? | 记得那个夏天 当我要去露营的时候 |
[1:35:45] | And I was so scared that I’d miss you guys. | 我很害怕会想念你们 |
[1:35:48] | – Yeah. – Before I got on the bus… | -记得 -在我上巴士之前… |
[1:35:51] | …you told me to take a seat on the left side… | 你告诉我要坐左边… |
[1:35:54] | …right next to the window… | 靠窗的位置… |
[1:35:56] | …so I’d be able to look back and see you there. | 那样我就可以向后看 看到你们 |
[1:36:03] | I remember. | 我记得 |
[1:36:08] | I get the same seat now. | 现在我坐在同样的位置 |
[1:36:14] | It’s gonna be okay. | 会没事的 |
[1:36:25] | It’s gonna be okay, Mom. | 会没事的 妈妈 |
[1:36:28] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[1:36:44] | My sister died that night. | 我姐姐当晚去世了 |
[1:36:49] | I wish I could say that she made some miracle recovery… | 我希望我能说 她奇迹般的康复了… |
[1:36:53] | …but she didn’t. | 但她没有 |
[1:36:55] | She just stopped breathing. | 她停止了呼吸 |
[1:37:30] | And I wish I could tell you that there was some good that came out of it.. | 我希望能告诉你们凯特的死所带来的好的一面… |
[1:37:34] | …that through Kate’s death we could all go on living. | 我们都可以重新回到生活轨道 |
[1:37:38] | Or even that her life had some special meaning… | 或是她的生命有某种特殊的意义… |
[1:37:42] | …like they named a park after her, or a street… | 他们以她的名字命名公园 或是街道 |
[1:37:45] | …or that the supreme court changed a law because of her. | 或是高等法院因为她而改变一条律法 |
[1:37:50] | But none of that happened. | 但那些都没发生 |
[1:37:53] | She’s just gone…a little piece of blue sky now. | 此刻她就像一片蓝天上的白云 烟消云散了 |
[1:37:58] | And we all have to move on. | 而我们都得继续生活 |
[1:38:12] | A few days later, I got a surprise visitor. | 几天之后 来了一位客人 |
[1:38:21] | Somebody here wants to see you. | 有人想要见你 |
[1:38:27] | Hey, Judge. | 嘉杰 |
[1:38:37] | I brought this for you. | 我来带这个给你的 |
[1:38:50] | We won. | 我们赢了 |
[1:38:54] | You still have to do your homework and | 你仍然得做家庭作业… |
[1:38:56] | Go to bed when your parents tell you to… | 当你父母叫你上床睡觉的时候 你就得去睡觉 |
[1:38:58] | …but you’re now officially medically emancipated. | 但现在你正式不再受医学控制了 |
[1:39:03] | Ninety-percent success rate, right? | 90%胜算率 对吗 |
[1:39:06] | Ninety-one. | 是91% |
[1:39:18] | …I suppose I should go. | 我想我该走了 |
[1:39:32] | Thanks for stopping by, Mr. A. It was really good to see you. | 谢谢你的拜访 亚先生 见到你真的很开心 |
[1:39:36] | You too. | 我也是 |
[1:39:42] | If there’s ever anything else you need… | 如果将来有任何需要… |
[1:39:46] | …you know? | 你知道的 |
[1:39:48] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:39:51] | Judge. | 嘉杰 |
[1:40:17] | Life is different now. | 人生发生了质的改变 |
[1:40:21] | A lot has changed in the last few years. | 在过去几年里 很多事都变了 |
[1:40:24] | Mom went back to work, rebuilt her practice… | 妈妈又回到了工作岗位 重开了她的律师事务所… |
[1:40:28] | …and is now making a very nice living. | 并且生意很不错 |
[1:40:32] | Dad took an early pension… | 爸爸提早退休… |
[1:40:33] | …and now spends time counseling troubled inner-city youths. | 现在致力于城市问题少年咨询顾问的工作 |
[1:40:39] | And Jesse’s doing best of all. | 杰西最棒了 |
[1:40:43] | After Kate died, he turned his life around. | 凯特死后 他的生活彻底改变 |
[1:40:47] | He went back to school… | 他回到校园… |
[1:40:48] | …and got himself a scholarship to a fancy Art Academy in New York. | 拿到一所纽约不错的艺术院校的奖学金 |
[1:40:57] | And even though we’ve grown up and moved away… | 纵然我们已逐渐成熟并且搬家… |
[1:41:00] | …every year, on Kate’s birthday, we all take a vacation together… | 但每年凯特的生辰 我们都会一起去度假 |
[1:41:05] | …and it’s always to the same place. | 而且总是去同一个地方 |
[1:41:42] | I’ll never understand why Kate had to die and we all got to live. | 我永远不会明白为何凯特会死 而我们都得活着 |
[1:41:48] | There’s no reason for it, I guess. | 我想 无从解释吧 |
[1:41:51] | Death’s just death, nobody understands it. | 生死由命 没人会理解 |
[1:42:41] | Once upon a time… | 从前… |
[1:42:43] | …I thought I was put on earth to save my sister. | 我认为我是为了拯救姐姐的生命而生的 |
[1:42:48] | And in the end, I couldn’t do it. | 而最终 我却拯救不了她 |
[1:42:52] | I realize now… | 我现在意识到… |
[1:42:54] | …that wasn’t the point. | 那并不重要 |
[1:42:56] | The point was, I had a sister. | 重要的是 我有个姐姐 |
[1:42:59] | She was fantastic. | 一位出色的姐姐 |
[1:43:04] | One day, I’m sure I’ll see her again. | 总有一天 我肯定会再见到她的 |
[1:43:07] | But until then… | 但在那之前… |
[1:43:10] | …our relationship continues. | 我们的关系仍旧在继续 |