英文名称:Homeless To Harvard
年代:2003
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:07] | I loved my mother so much | 我非常爱我的妈妈 |
[01:11] | She was a drug addict | 她吸毒 |
[01:14] | She was an alcoholic | 也酗酒 |
[01:17] | She was legally blind | 基本失明 |
[01:20] | She was a schizophrenic | 她还患有精神分裂症 |
[01:24] | but I never forgot that she loved me | 但是我决不会忘记她爱我 |
[01:27] | even if she did it | 即使她忘记了 |
[01:30] | all the time | 一直如此 |
[01:33] | all the time | 一直如此 |
[01:38] | all the time | 一直如此 |
[01:53] | Lisa, give me the money! It’s mine! | 丽萨 给我钱 它是我的 |
[01:57] | God, it’s mine! | 上帝啊 那是我的 |
[02:00] | Who’s Saint Donalson. | 谁是圣 丹诺森 |
[02:08] | Where is it? | 它在哪儿 |
[02:12] | Give it to me! | 快给我 |
[02:18] | What is epidermis. | 什么是表皮层 |
[02:20] | What is the epidermis. Correct! | 什么是表皮层 正确 |
[02:22] | Give it to me! | 快给我 |
[02:24] | Let go, mom! | 快放手 妈妈 |
[02:26] | I gave a hudred to you! | 我分给你一百块 |
[02:29] | Just come, I gave 100 to you! | 别跑 我分给你一百块 |
[02:31] | to one of you! | 你们一人一百块 |
[02:35] | We’re forced to live on! | 我们还要生活呢 |
[02:39] | Every month! It is …It’s…It’s the same damn thing! | 每个月 老是这样 |
[02:42] | What is genus. | 什么是菌属 |
[02:42] | You can put it in your arms, | 你把它们全拿去吸毒了 |
[02:44] | so we can starve! | 我们就可以挨饿了 |
[02:45] | It’s mine! | 是我的 |
[02:47] | I didn’t take it! Give it to me! | 我根本没有拿 把它给我 |
[02:56] | What is Denmark? | 什么是丹麦王国 |
[02:57] | Give it to me! It’s mine! | 给我 是我的 |
[03:01] | It’s mine! | 是我的 |
[03:04] | We’re hungry. | 我们饿了 |
[03:05] | I can’t ! We need food, mom! | 我不能给你 我们需要食物 妈妈 |
[03:09] | What did you ever do for me, huh?! | 你们为我做过什么 |
[03:10] | I gave you life! | 我给了你们生命 |
[03:12] | Tell me go out to the street and sell myself for it? huh? | 你想让我当妓女吗 让我去卖身吗 |
[03:15] | Do you want me to do it? | 你想让我那么做吗 |
[03:17] | I know I do it sometimes, right? | 我知道我会这么做的 |
[03:19] | Come on, jinny, what are you saying? | 别这样 姬恩 你在说什么啊 |
[03:20] | She doesn’t need to do that! | 她当然不用这么做了 |
[03:22] | Oh, My God! | 噢 上帝 |
[03:36] | I need it. | 我需要它 |
[03:41] | I need it. | 我需要它 |
[03:47] | I need it. | 我需要它 |
[03:51] | What is Medina? | 什么是玛蒂娜 |
[04:07] | Who’s Guerra Champion? | 谁是格拉勇士 |
[04:13] | I wanted that smile. Oh, god! | 我需要那个微笑 哦上帝 |
[04:16] | I wanted that smile so much! | 我是多么需要那个微笑啊 |
[04:21] | I was pathetic, wasn’t I? | 我很可怜 不是吗 |
[04:29] | Don’t take the aqueduct! Mummy! | 别拿那个 妈咪 |
[04:36] | Daddy! | 爸 |
[04:37] | Who is Carl Deniel | 谁是卡尔 德尼尔 |
[04:43] | She taking the aqueduct! | 她拿着管子 |
[04:45] | What the hell difference does it make? | 那又有什么区别 |
[04:46] | She’ll get mugged! | 她全拿走了 |
[04:47] | Who cares! | 那又怎么样 |
[04:52] | Dad, we’ll cop her, if we can’t she’ll get mugged! | 爸 快走 我们不能看着她全拿走 |
[04:55] | Always a big production! | 真是个大麻烦 |
[05:01] | Who’s noel Coward? | 谁是诺埃尔·考沃德 |
[05:04] | See they fixed the light for a change. | 你看他们把灯泡修好了 |
[05:06] | Not easy to break them again. | 过不久就又被打破了 |
[05:08] | No, no, no. She’s OK, see the water runs downhill. | 不不不 她还行 你看水到这停止了 |
[05:14] | There’s no water. | 那儿没什么水 |
[05:16] | No, no. Don’t you know what aqueduck is? | 不不不 你不知道沟渠是什么吗 |
[05:18] | The aqueduct carried water to New York City | 沟渠是用来给纽约运水的 |
[05:21] | for like over a hundred years they did that. | 一百多年都是这么弄的 |
[05:24] | And they close it down, | 然后关闭了 |
[05:25] | but now the ghost water, right? He carried your mother along. | 但是现在鬼水把你妈妈困住了 |
[05:31] | My father, | 我父亲 |
[05:34] | you could sit down on a couch and talk to my father. | 你可以坐下来跟我父亲聊天 |
[05:37] | you just can’t talk to him for long. | 但你总是不会跟他谈太久 |
[05:38] | Hey, Jean! | 嘿 姬恩 |
[05:42] | He knew so much. He got all the answers right on JEOPERDY. | 他懂很多东西 正确答案随口即出 |
[05:45] | He was a genius, | 他是个天才 |
[05:46] | every answer, every time. | 每一个回答 每一次都是(正确的) |
[06:03] | That’s the thing. | 就是那样 |
[06:05] | Your parends are your Gods. | 你的父母是你的上帝 |
[06:08] | I look to them as an example of what I should find everywhere on the world | 就象全世界所有的普通父母一样 |
[06:12] | They paid so little attention to my needs | 他们很少关心我的需要 |
[06:16] | but then I felt that | 但是却让我觉的 |
[06:18] | their needs were so powerful that … | 他们的需要是如此强烈 |
[06:20] | It didn’t make me feel hurt or angry that | 以至于当他们不关心我时 |
[06:22] | they didn’t look into me. | 都没让我感到伤害或者愤怒 |
[06:27] | because I felt OK. | 因为我觉得能够承受 |
[06:27] | This just must to be the human condition to be so. | 可能人类就是这样的 |
[06:40] | and then the world came in. | 然后事情就来了 |
[06:49] | You took my husband, you little busterd, | 你抢走了我的丈夫 你这个小混蛋 |
[06:52] | I’ll kill you. | 我要杀了你 |
[06:53] | No, mummy | 不 妈咪 |
[06:54] | I’m not your mother. I did your favour. | 我不是你妈妈 我帮了你 |
[06:57] | I shouldn’t have trail on you! | 真不该生下你 |
[07:00] | help me clean up this Liz. | 赶快把这里清理了 丽丝 |
[07:01] | They see this they’re gonna take us, too. | 他们见了会把我们也带走的 |
[07:04] | No! No! No! It’s my house. | 不 不 不 这是我的房子 |
[07:08] | Don’t take me! Get out! | 别带我走 走开 |
[07:09] | No! Don’t take! | 不 别带我走 |
[07:11] | No fasten! | 别激动 |
[07:13] | What happened to the window? | 窗户怎么了 |
[07:14] | She threw the cat out. | 她把窗轴扔了 |
[07:16] | such you on fire, don’t take me … | 你想带我走 别管我 |
[07:21] | Come on, Jean. | 别这样 姬恩 |
[07:24] | Why don’t take a medication? Good girl! | 为什么你不接受治疗呢 好女孩 |
[07:26] | She takes it! She just takes too many other things on top of it… | 她只是其它的接受太多了 |
[07:31] | OK, OK. | 好 好 |
[07:35] | This place is a mess! | 真是够乱的 |
[07:36] | What happened here? | 这是怎么回事 |
[07:38] | I fell down. | 没什么 |
[07:40] | Oh, oh, oh. Jean! Put the knife down | 喔喔喔 姬恩 把刀放下 |
[07:44] | OK, OK. | 好的 好的 |
[07:52] | All right. Where’s the phone? | 好吧 电话在哪里 |
[07:53] | we don’t have one! | 我们没有电话 |
[07:54] | this woman doesn’t fit | 这个女人不合适 |
[07:55] | You’re kidding | 你说笑吧 |
[07:56] | You girls have choice. | 你们有选择的 |
[07:57] | clean this place up, help your mother. | 把这里打扫干净 帮帮你妈妈 |
[08:00] | How about my father? | 那我爸爸呢 |
[08:01] | Ignore her. She’s a … She’s a feminist. | 别理她 她是个女权主义者 |
[08:04] | I can take you any time I want. | 我随时能把你带走 |
[08:05] | You keep skipping school. | 你一直在逃学 |
[08:08] | You keep living like the animals. | 你们活的就像肮脏的动物一样 |
[08:11] | Hey Hey where are you going? | 嘿 嘿 你去哪儿 |
[08:12] | come back here. come back. | 你去哪儿 回来 回来 |
[08:14] | You’re gonna go to a home. | 你要生活在一个家庭里 |
[08:16] | Do you know what home is like? | 你知道”疯房子”什么样吗 |
[08:17] | There are girls. | 那儿的女孩 |
[08:18] | They’ll be to dult take everything you have. | 会打你并且带走你的一切东西 |
[08:20] | you can’t have anything! you have to clean bathrooms. | 你一点东西都不会有 你得刷厕所 |
[08:23] | you’ll work there if you don’t work here. | 你在那边工作 你在家里不用工作的 |
[08:33] | back up! back up. | 后退 后退 |
[08:35] | It’s not a show! You got nothing better to do huh? | 这不是看戏 去干你们自己的事吧 |
[08:42] | Mummy? | 妈咪 |
[08:45] | Mummy? | 妈咪 |
[08:50] | Mummy? | 妈咪 |
[08:51] | Couldn’t they see? | 难道他们看不到吗 |
[08:52] | Anyone could see. | 谁都能看到 |
[08:54] | She was in so much pain. | 她承受着巨大的痛苦 |
[08:56] | There were struggles so much on the surface so there | 多明显的挣扎 就在那里 |
[08:58] | if anyone cared to look | 如果有人会看的话 |
[09:01] | It wasn’t like she was running off from | 并不是她不想 |
[09:02] | being a good mother to somebody else… | 成为一个好妈妈 |
[09:04] | She just didn’t have any more to give. | 只是她再没有什么能给予的了 |
[09:46] | Oh, somebody stinks! | 真难闻 |
[09:47] | What is that? | 谁啊 |
[09:51] | I was always the smelly kid in class. | 我在班里是个”有味道”的孩子 |
[09:54] | Lisa stood on the bucket shower, | 我们用水桶接水淋浴 |
[09:56] | but daddy laughed at her doing, | 爸爸嘲笑说 |
[09:58] | said she had to marry a doctor | 他必须跟一个医生结婚 |
[10:00] | she has so many expectations. | 医生要求很多 |
[10:02] | I didn’t have any expectations. | 而我没有太多要求 |
[10:04] | so therefore, I guess, I stunk. | 所以 我身上有味 |
[10:09] | I scratched for lice, and burn between my legs | 我的腿很痒 两腿间烧的难受 |
[10:13] | My teachers were always telling not to finch it. | 我的老师告诉我别去挠它 |
[10:16] | and my underwear. I didn’t know what to do about underwear. | 内裤 我不知道该怎么对待内裤 |
[10:19] | I just wore it until it fell apart. | 直到内裤破了之前我一直穿着它 |
[10:23] | All right! people! thank you! rest is over. | 好啦 孩子们 谢谢你们 休息结束 |
[10:31] | My teeth ached. I was hungry. | 我的牙发痒 我很饿 |
[10:35] | settle! thank you! | 谢谢你们 快坐好 |
[10:37] | The teacher’s words never seemed to reach me. | 老师的话好像传不到我这里一样 |
[10:40] | Words just seemed… fall on the floor. | 那些话就好像掉到地上一样 |
[10:45] | Hold me the test. There’s no point that … | 把你的试卷给我 |
[10:46] | no, I’ll take it. | 不 我要做 |
[10:48] | but you’ve been here what? for 3 times this month? | 你一个月来几次 3次 |
[10:50] | no, I’ll take it. It doesn’t look that hard. | 不 我要做 看起来没那么难 |
[11:06] | Oh, Liz, stay here. | 丽丝 你留下来 |
[11:12] | You do smell, you know? | 你真的有味道 知道吗 |
[11:13] | Doesn’t your mother tell you that you gonna … | 你妈妈没告诉你 |
[11:15] | no no It’s my fault. I just forget. | 不 不 是我的错 我只是忘了 |
[11:19] | OK, well, when you wanna have shower tonight, | 好的 今天晚上你洗澡的时候 |
[11:22] | you wanna, you wanna wash back here? | 能把后边洗洗吗 |
[11:25] | Ah, I’ve been saving some things for you. | 嗯 我看到一些你的东西 |
[11:34] | there | 这个 |
[11:38] | and here. How did you do that? | 和这个 你是怎么做到的 |
[11:41] | You’re never in school. | 你都没来过学校 |
[11:46] | I read a lot. | 我读了很多书 |
[11:47] | Yeah? what do you read? | 你都读什么了 |
[11:49] | The Encyclopedia. | 像《百科全书》 |
[11:51] | The lady of the upstairs, Eva, | 楼上的女士伊瓦 |
[11:53] | she find it in the Dumpster, the whole set … | 她找到了这些书 一套书 |
[11:56] | well, except for the Erdos | 不过没有《俄代斯》 |
[12:00] | If you asked me about Erdos, | 如果你问过《俄代斯》的话 |
[12:01] | I would have got it wrong. | 我肯定什么都答不上来 |
[12:03] | I was just lucky. | 我只是比较运气罢了 |
[12:04] | Oh, Lizzy! You have to come to school. | 好吧 丽丝 你必须到学校来 |
[12:07] | OK | 好的 |
[12:07] | no, I mean it. | 不 我是认真的 |
[12:09] | look, it’s ridiculous you’re way too smart not to be here. | 你比你想象的要聪明 |
[12:10] | I don’t understand why don’t you come? | 我不明白为什么不 |
[12:12] | I will. | 我会来的 |
[12:15] | How could I tell her that school made me sad. | 我怎么能告诉她学校让我感到难过 |
[12:19] | I didn’t know how to talk to her. | 我不知道怎么跟她说 |
[12:20] | I didn’t know how to talk to anyone. | 我不知道怎么跟任何人说 |
[12:23] | My house wasn’t a place | 我的家庭不是那种 |
[12:24] | you could come out of and be normal. | 你能走出来像个普通人一样的地方 |
[12:26] | We have to come every day. OK? | 你必须每天都来 好吗 |
[12:28] | If you don’t, and I will call CHILD WELFARE. | 如果你不来 我会给管理部门打电话 |
[12:31] | That’s not a threat. It’s a promise. | 这不是吓唬你 这是个承诺 |
[12:46] | Eva, look what I’ve got. | 伊瓦 看我拿的是什么 |
[12:49] | 100 ! | 100分 |
[12:50] | Yes, encyclopedia | 是啊 《百科全书》 |
[12:51] | Good, you gotta make good marks. You don’t wanna be an idot. | 很好 你得到了高分 你可不能落后 |
[12:56] | and you keep up now, you hear me? | 你要努力加油 知道吗 |
[12:58] | now your mother’s back. | 现在你妈妈也回来了 |
[13:01] | My mother’s back? | 我妈回来了 |
[13:03] | Well, we had a nice quiet couple of months, | 嗯 我们过了两个安静平淡的月份 |
[13:06] | didn’t we? | 不是吗 |
[13:09] | The only good thing about my mother | 我妈妈被带走的唯一好处 |
[13:11] | being taking away to the nut house was | 就是她又回来了 |
[13:12] | that when she came back she was my mum again. | 她又是我的妈妈了 |
[13:13] | She cooked and she cleaned | 做饭 打扫房间 |
[13:16] | more than she even to be a court sonographer. | 甚至学习如何做点好吃的 |
[13:20] | for me, that was a good quiet couple of months | 对我来说 那是两个安静平淡的月份 |
[13:23] | before the drugs came back in. | 之后毒品又回到家庭了 |
[13:26] | Mummy? | 妈咪 |
[13:32] | Mummy? | 妈咪 |
[13:48] | Mummy? | 妈咪 |
[13:49] | Lizzy. | 丽丝 |
[13:58] | Are you OK? | 你还好吗 |
[13:59] | I’m OK. | 我挺好的 |
[14:03] | pumpkin, you look real good. | 上帝啊 你长得真快 |
[14:07] | glad you’re home, mummy. | 真高兴你又回来了 |
[14:12] | you’re glad you’re home? | 你觉得高兴吗 |
[14:15] | This hospital won’t too bad. | 嗯 医院也不是很糟糕 |
[14:21] | It’s too green, the walls. | 墙太绿了 |
[14:23] | and there were bars on the windows. | 而且窗户上还有栏杆 |
[14:28] | I’m sorry. you had to say that, you know. | 对不起 医院就是这样 |
[14:33] | but I’m glad you’re home. | 我真高兴你又回来了 |
[14:44] | look! | 看 |
[14:47] | look! I…I got 100! | 看 我得了100分 |
[14:53] | no no. 100 is good. | 不 不 100分是好的意思 |
[14:55] | 100 is perfect. | 100分是满分 |
[14:57] | Didn’t you ever get 100? | 你没得过100分吗 |
[15:03] | I ain’t go to school. | 我没上过学 |
[15:06] | I ran away too young. | 我出走的时候年龄很小 |
[15:10] | Don’t you ever run away from home. | 你千万不能离家出走 |
[15:13] | I won’t | 我不会的 |
[15:20] | Liz, I’ll always be here for you. | 记住 我会一直在这里守护你的 |
[15:24] | I know, mummy. | 我知道 妈咪 |
[15:27] | I’ll always be here. ALWAYS. | 我一直都在这里 一直都在 |
[15:33] | I know, mummy. | 我知道 妈咪 |
[15:38] | I’m sick. I’m sick. I’m sick. | 我得病了 我得病了 我得病了 |
[15:47] | Liz, I… I have AIDS. | 我有爱滋病 |
[15:50] | no no | 不 不 |
[15:54] | no no no | 不 不 不 |
[15:55] | baby don’t | 孩子 不要 |
[15:57] | They say… don’t be afraid. | 他们说 不用害怕 |
[16:00] | They say… I might… | 他们说 我可能 |
[16:03] | they say I could live forever, OK? | 我能一直活下去 好吗 |
[16:06] | but I can’t live here. | 我不能住在这里 |
[16:09] | I gotta go home. | 我必须要回家了 |
[16:12] | This is home. | 这就是你的家 |
[16:14] | no, home to my pop’s. I wanna take you and Lisa. | 到我爸爸的家里 我想也带你过去 |
[16:17] | no no mom. you have to stay here. | 不 不 妈妈 你要待在这里 |
[16:19] | I can’t stop the drugs. | 我停不了吸毒 |
[16:21] | and I can’t do it when your daddy around. | 我也受不了你爸爸在身边 |
[16:26] | but you’ll be alone. | 但是你会孤单的 |
[16:29] | Liz, this is aready gonna over, | 丽丝 这么说会没完的 |
[16:32] | just pack up your things and let’s go. | 把你的东西收拾好 咱们走 |
[16:35] | No, you said pop’s gonna beat you. | 不 你说爷爷打你 |
[16:37] | You said he raped your sister. | 你说他强奸了姐姐 |
[16:39] | since what it has to be now. | 你在这里就是这样 |
[16:41] | No, stay here | 不 留在这里 |
[16:45] | I can’t. | 我办不到 |
[16:47] | Stay mummy! | 留下吧 妈妈 |
[16:49] | Everything was falling apart. | 事情变的四分五裂 |
[16:51] | I thought if I could stay I could stop it. | 我以为我留下就能阻止这些 |
[16:54] | but if I stayed, | 我以为如果我留下的话 |
[16:56] | everything would somehow stay the same. | 所有的情况都会回复到从前的 |
[17:18] | Just open the door. It’s no use. We know you’re in there. | 把门开开 我知道你在里面呢 |
[17:37] | Where’s your mother and sister? | 你妈妈和姐姐呢 |
[17:38] | They are gone. | 她们离开了 |
[17:40] | Where’s your father? | 你爸爸呢 |
[17:41] | He’s gotta get some food, he’ll be right back. | 他去弄点吃的 马上就回来 |
[17:47] | Your teacher called. | 你的老师打电话了 |
[17:49] | You’re still not going to school. | 你还是没去学校 |
[17:51] | You’re never in school. | 你从来都没去过学校 |
[17:53] | We gotta do something about this. | 我们得采取些措施了 |
[17:55] | Miss Wonder warned you, I warned you, | 汪德小姐警告过你 我警告过你 |
[17:56] | every one year case workers warned you | 每个知晓的工作人员(社会义工) |
[17:59] | This’s been going out for years | 这都一年时间了 |
[18:01] | We all said clean up this place and go to school. | 我告诉过你把这里收拾干净 去上学 |
[18:04] | clean up and go to school | 收拾干净 去上学 |
[18:06] | You have done neither one of them, have you? | 你都没办到 是不是 |
[18:08] | Elizabeth, have you? | 伊丽莎白 是不是 |
[18:10] | no | 没有 |
[18:11] | So what we gonna do? | 那我们该怎么办 |
[18:14] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:15] | I do. | 我知道 |
[18:16] | You’re going into the system. | 你到姐妹收容所 |
[18:19] | I’m taking her. | 我要带走她 |
[18:21] | but but things are better now. | 不 不 但是事情现在好转多了 |
[18:23] | My daddy buys me big potatos everyday | 爸爸每天都给我买土豆 |
[18:25] | You’re not paying the rent. You’re not getting her to school. | 你没有交房租 你没让她去上学 |
[18:27] | I tell her to go. I told you to go to school. | 我告诉过她去上学 我告诉过她 |
[18:30] | She’s gotta mind of her own. She’s a feminist. | 她有她自己的主义 她是个女权主义者 |
[18:32] | This is not a joking matter. | 这可不是开玩笑的事 |
[18:35] | Pack her suitcase. | 给她准备行李 |
[18:37] | now! | 现在 |
[18:39] | -no no no -I’m sorry. | -不 不 不 -哦 对不起 |
[18:42] | I’ll go to school. Please! | 我去上学 我去上学 求你了 |
[18:44] | This isn’t working. We need an adult who’s responsible. | 这没用 我们需要一个负责任的监护人 |
[18:47] | My grandpa’s responsible. | 我爷爷会负责的 |
[18:48] | My grandpa’ll take me. | 我爷爷会收留我的 |
[18:49] | My sister’s there. | 我姐姐在那里 |
[18:51] | Your sister goes to school. | 你姐姐可是去上学的 |
[18:52] | I’ll go to school, I’ll go to school. Please! | 我去上学 我去上学 求你了 |
[18:55] | Don’t make a fass. | 别再胡闹了 |
[18:58] | I’ll talk to him. and if he’ll take you. | 我会跟他谈谈 如果他收留你 |
[19:00] | You’ll be out in 24 hours. | 你24小时之内就会出来的 |
[19:04] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:07] | and if he won’t? | 如果他不收留我呢 |
[19:12] | You’ll have time to | 那你就有时间 |
[19:13] | figure out how you wanna live your life. | 好好计划一下了以后的生活了 |
[19:47] | Figure out my life. Do people really do that? | 计划我的生活 人们真的这么做吗 |
[19:53] | Do they do that while they are falling down | 当他们跌进一个黑色深坑里 |
[19:55] | into a deep dark hole. | 他们真的还会为这些事烦恼吗 |
[20:09] | buzzed in, locked in. | 叮叮声门铃 走进去 |
[20:11] | It was like visiting my mother. | 就好像去看我妈妈 |
[20:13] | only I was in the crazy house now. | 只是现在是我在精神病院里 |
[20:55] | and I didn’t get out in 24 hours, | 我24小时内并没有出去 |
[20:58] | I didn’t get out in 24 days. | 24天内没有出去 |
[21:00] | no one wanted me. They just left me there. | 没人想要我 我被遗弃了 |
[21:14] | Why don’t you go to school? | 你为什么不去学校 |
[21:16] | That’s the big problem we’ve got here. | 这是个很严重的问题 |
[21:19] | Why don’t you go? | 为什么你不去 |
[21:31] | From what I can see, you’ve got a discipline problem. | 从我看来 你有纪律问题 |
[22:56] | Liz? | 丽丝 |
[22:57] | Hi, pops | 你好 爷爷 |
[22:58] | You get your mother. | 我叫你妈妈 |
[22:59] | Jean, come out here. She’s here. | 姬恩 出来 她来了 |
[23:09] | I’m leaving for school, but I wanna see you first. | 我得去学校了 但我想先见见你 |
[23:12] | Thanks, Lisa. | 谢谢 利萨 |
[23:13] | Don’t screw this up. We’re doing OK. | 别搞砸了 我们过的还好 |
[23:15] | and don’t expect too much. She’s dying. | 而且 不要期望太多 她离死不远了 |
[23:28] | Lizzy! | 丽丝 |
[23:30] | mom | 妈妈 |
[23:45] | When I think of my life. | 当我回想我的生命时 |
[23:46] | This is the time I like to think of. | 这是我喜欢回忆起的时刻 |
[23:49] | When I got back. When mother’s mind was clear. | 我回来了 我妈妈的精神很正常 |
[23:53] | There was no cocaine. so her schizophrenic seemed about to working. | 没有毒品 也不再精神分裂 |
[23:57] | and we go to the cafe, and sit, and talk, and eat hamburgers. | 我们去咖啡馆 坐下聊聊 吃汉堡 |
[24:02] | We were together. | 当时我们在一块 |
[24:03] | Even with her bad eyes, | 虽然她的眼睛视力不太好 |
[24:05] | I think she could see me. | 我认为她能看见我 |
[24:07] | Well, she could see my outline. | 至少她能看到我的轮廓 |
[24:10] | and for a while, I had my mother again. | 那么一段时间 我妈妈又回来了 |
[24:12] | and we went to park. Yeah, I remember. | 我们去过公园 我记得 |
[24:15] | We used to side down that hill, remember? | 我们以前还拿硬纸板当垫子 |
[24:18] | you put down that old card borad we pretend it was slide. | 从山上滑下来 |
[24:20] | You remember that? | 你还记得 |
[24:22] | How about the tickle monster. | 我是个怪兽 |
[24:24] | Well, we screemed and laughed about that one. | 我们当时喊了半天 |
[24:28] | I was a good mom, wasn’t I? | 我以前是个好妈妈 不是吗 |
[24:33] | Wasn’t I? | 不是吗 |
[24:35] | Yeah, mom, sure, you were fine. | 是 妈妈 当然 你当时很好 |
[24:41] | well, I’m real glad we were all together, | 我记得 以前你和我在一块 |
[24:46] | you know. you and me and Lisa | 还有利萨 |
[24:48] | What if dad went off drugs too. | 如果爸爸能戒掉毒品的话 |
[24:49] | Wouldn’t it be great? | 不是更好吗 |
[24:51] | Maybe we could even go back to the university avenue. | 我们甚至能回到大学街的家 |
[24:57] | Yeah…your dad. | 耶 你爸爸 |
[24:58] | He’s in a shelter right now. | 他现在一个收容所 |
[25:01] | I’m afraid that he lost the apartment. | 我恐怕他没有公寓了 |
[25:04] | He can not even order the rend, so… | 从来没付过房租 所以 |
[25:12] | What about my stuff? | 那我的东西呢 |
[25:14] | got thrown out | 被扔掉了 |
[25:16] | all of it, even my encyclopedias? | 包括所有的东西 |
[25:19] | look, pumpkin, I’m really sorry, | 我真的很对不起 |
[25:21] | you know, they boardered the whole place. | 但是他们把整个地方都封了 |
[25:24] | There was nothing we could do. | 我们什么也做不了 |
[25:26] | Just, you know, crap happends, I mean. | 你知道 糟糕的事情就这么发生的 |
[25:30] | look, you know, I gotta go around the corner and see a few friends. | 我得到街角去见几个朋友 |
[25:33] | Just for a minute, OK? | 很快的 好吗 |
[25:34] | You finish your burger, and … | 你把你的汉堡吃完 |
[25:37] | and I’ll be right back. | 我马上就回来 |
[25:39] | just be a minute. baby. | 就等一会 宝贝 |
[26:43] | so that was that. no going back. | 所以里面就那样 不可能回去了 |
[26:46] | I hadn’t kept anything together. | 我过去什么都没有留下来 |
[26:49] | I’ve only made things worse. | 只是事情更糟糕了 |
[26:52] | If I would only go to school. | 我只能去学校了 |
[26:53] | If I would only… If I would only. | 好像是我唯一能去的了 唯一能去的 |
[26:57] | so, that part of my life was over. | 那么我那部分的生活结束了吗 |
[27:00] | I guessed the new part had began. | 我想新生活已经开始了 |
[27:07] | Elizabeth Murray? | 伊丽莎白 玛丽亚 |
[27:09] | and you’re her mother? | 你是她的妈妈 |
[27:12] | I’ll take you to your class now. | 我会带你去你的教室的 |
[27:19] | Are you gonna get home OK? | 你回家没问题吗 |
[27:21] | Yeah, I’m gonna see my buddies, you know, | 是的 我只是去见我的朋友们 |
[27:23] | they could take care of me. | 她们会照顾我的 |
[27:25] | Maybe I should just come with you. | 可能我该跟你一块走 |
[27:26] | You gotta stay in the school. | 你知道学校有规定的 |
[27:28] | They will take you away again, just go go. | 你不能跟我一块走 走吧 走吧 |
[27:40] | so we have nouns, verbs. Chris? | 那我们这里有纳斯 波斯 克里斯 |
[27:45] | adjective and preposition | 埃及斯 迪辛 |
[27:57] | I wasn’t the smelly kid any more. | 我再也不是最难闻的学生了 |
[27:59] | I’ve learned to shower every day at the group home. | 我学会了每天洗澡 |
[28:01] | and my clothes, even if | 我的衣服虽然是 |
[28:02] | they came from the thrift shop, all fit. | 从二手商店买的 都还合适 |
[28:05] | but I still didn’t know how to be in school. | 但是我还是不知道该怎么待在学校 |
[28:08] | I still didn’t know how to be normal. | 我还是不知道该怎么跟个平常人一样 |
[28:14] | People, can we try to settle down? | 大家能不能静一下 |
[28:16] | Chris, would you like to try diagram no. 12? | 克里斯 你想读读第十二段对话吗 |
[28:19] | no | 不 |
[28:21] | Bobie? | 博比 |
[28:32] | You find it amusing, Miss. | 你觉得那很好笑吗 |
[28:34] | Elizabeth? | 伊丽莎白 |
[28:36] | Please don’t call me that. | 请不要那么叫我 |
[28:38] | It’s your name according to these forms. | 根据表格看那是你的名字 |
[28:41] | Liz or Lizzy | 叫我丽丝或者丽兹 |
[28:44] | Liz or Lizzy is a nick name. | 丽丝或者丽兹是昵称 |
[28:48] | are nick names. | 都是昵称 |
[28:50] | no, I’m afraid not. | 不 我想恐怕不是 |
[28:52] | Jesus, call the girl she wants to be called. | 上帝啊 就照她说的叫不就完了 |
[28:55] | Elizabeth is a fine name. the name of a queen. | 伊丽莎白是个好名字 是女皇的名字 |
[28:58] | The Elizabeth’s age was the age of Shakespeare. | 是莎士比亚时代的词 |
[28:59] | What’s your problem with it? | 有什么问题 |
[29:03] | My mother calls me Elizabeth, when she’s going insane. | 我妈发狂的时候就叫我伊丽莎白 |
[29:12] | Liz then. | 那就叫丽丝吧 |
[29:14] | Bobie, the sentence. | 博比 句子是 |
[29:18] | so where did you go to school before this. | 那你以前在哪里上学 |
[29:21] | I didn’t | 我没上过学 |
[29:23] | How did you fall in here? | 那你干什么呢 |
[29:25] | I was at the group home. | 我以前在收容所长大 |
[29:27] | Is that freaky? | 那里很奇怪吗 |
[29:31] | Yeah | 是的 |
[29:32] | but you’re not a freak | 但是你可不是个怪人 |
[29:35] | no | 不是 |
[29:38] | It’s too bad. I am. | 太糟糕了 我是的 |
[29:43] | My birthday’s coming up. | 我的生日快到了 |
[29:45] | Yeah? When? | 是吗 什么时候 |
[29:47] | Ah, you’ll know | 你会知道的 |
[29:48] | I’m gonna wear my dad’s trunch coat | 我会穿上爸爸的军大衣 |
[29:50] | I’m gonna come to school with nothing on, but my trunch coat, | 我会光着身子到学校就穿个军大衣 |
[29:54] | and a pair boots | 剃个光头 |
[29:57] | from far show all the teachers. Happy Birthday. | 老远处亮给老师看 生日快乐 |
[30:04] | You don’t believe me? | 你不相信我吗 |
[30:08] | Yeah, I do. | 没有 我相信 |
[30:11] | no, you don’t. | 不 你不相信 |
[30:19] | Ha Ha Ha check it out. | 哈 哈 哈 快看那 |
[31:06] | Don’t throw it out before me | 别再在我面前这么做了 |
[31:10] | I won’t. | 我不会的 |
[31:18] | It’s a great place, I never had so comfort before. | 这个地方不错 我从来没有这么舒服过 |
[31:20] | My grandfather is a little crankie | 我爷爷挺奇怪的 |
[31:21] | we’ll have to be out by 6 by the way | 顺便说一下 我们待有六个人 |
[31:23] | Liz, I’m waiting for the phone, those contest things. | 丽丝 我正等个电话呢 |
[31:29] | She never gonna win. | 她绝对不会赢的 |
[31:30] | OK, you know what. shut up. | 好吧 你知道吗 闭嘴 |
[31:32] | I don’t care. I just gotta dial his number before I forget it. | 我 先找找号码 |
[31:34] | Do you understand the theorem? | 你们这些人就不能安静点吗 |
[31:35] | come on bob! give it a wrest the test isn’t till like a week | 博比 省省吧 考试还有一周呢 |
[31:38] | Hey, can I just have that chicken for lunch. | 嘿 我先给你们弄点吃的吧 |
[31:39] | sure | 当然 |
[31:42] | Is this already? | 已经来了吗 |
[31:49] | some drunk lady. | 一个喝醉的女人 |
[31:51] | Oh, she’ll drain on the door. | 她会把门弄坏的 |
[31:54] | oh, I’m going out the window. | 我先到窗户外面 |
[32:01] | I don’t feel very good. Could you help me, please? | 我觉得不太舒服 你能帮帮我吗 |
[32:09] | Oh, here she blows. | 哦 她就在这儿吐了 |
[32:12] | all right, up | 好吧 站起来 |
[32:21] | I’m a good mom. I just need a hug, | 我是个坏妈妈 我只是想来一针 |
[32:27] | I want a hug. | 哦 上帝 |
[33:12] | She couldn’t take living straight. | 她承受不了生活的压力 |
[33:14] | Why should I expect her to take dying. | 但我怎么能让她就这样死去呢 |
[33:16] | Isn’t dying | 难道死不是 |
[33:17] | the hardest thing anyone’s ever done? | 每个人最难做到的事情吗 |
[33:21] | everyone’s gone. | 所有人都走了 |
[33:23] | except you | 除了你 |
[33:25] | Yeah | 耶 |
[33:27] | so where’s your pos gonna sleep? | 那你爷爷睡哪里 |
[33:29] | here | 这儿 |
[33:31] | sleep with his daughter? | 跟他女儿一块儿睡吗 |
[33:34] | oh, I don’t think like that. | 哦 可不是那么一回事 |
[33:36] | Yeah, but you don’t know. | 是 但是你不知道罢了 |
[33:39] | He did her sisiter, when she was real younger. | 爷爷在她小时候侵犯过她姐姐 |
[33:42] | She told me that. | 她告诉我的 |
[33:45] | Why her sister, not her? | 她姐姐还是她 |
[33:50] | I figure he did them both. | 我猜她们都是 |
[33:52] | So her sister crazy, too? | 那你姐姐也疯了 |
[33:57] | Yeah, and their mother, too. | 耶 我妈妈也是 |
[34:00] | That’s why that I didn’t wanna come here. | 这就是为什么我不愿意来这里 |
[34:05] | You know, my mom’s getting back with my dad. | 你知道 我妈妈要回到我爸爸那里了 |
[34:11] | I wish my mom would. | 我希望我妈妈和我爸爸在一块儿 |
[34:16] | He does stuff to my sister. | 他对我姐姐做了些不该做的 |
[34:21] | You don’t have a sister. | 你没有姐姐 |
[34:25] | Lucky for her. | 对她来说是的 |
[34:28] | Did you tell your mother? | 你告诉你妈妈了吗 |
[34:29] | Yeah, I told her. | 是啊 我告诉她了 |
[34:31] | but she left him | 她离开他时 |
[34:32] | and she cursed him out, she just gonna call the cops | 她曾经威胁他说要叫警察 |
[34:35] | and now she’s getting back with him. | 现在她要回到他那儿 |
[34:38] | You know, I asked her how she could do that? | 我问她怎么能这么做时 |
[34:40] | and she said she missed him. | 她告诉我她想他 |
[34:44] | She missed him, huh? | 她想他 哼 |
[34:48] | I was 7 when he first stuck it in. | 我7岁的时候他才回到家 |
[34:51] | Chris, Chris don’t. | 克里斯 克里斯 别 |
[34:56] | moving with me. | 住我这里 |
[34:58] | stay here? | 住这里 |
[35:02] | What’s your grandfather gonna say? | 那你爷爷怎么说 |
[35:04] | He won’t know. | 他不会知道的 |
[35:06] | I will. We’ll work it out so I never see you. | 我是说我们不要让他发现就行了 |
[35:08] | He won’t get up until late from work. | 上班之后他总起的很晚 |
[35:10] | He’s like a robot, anyway, out at 8 | 再说他就像个机器人一样 |
[35:12] | and back at six. out | 六点钟回来 出去 |
[35:15] | Pop, she has no place to stay. | 她没有地方呆 |
[35:17] | It’s not my problem. OUT! | 那不是我的问题 出去 |
[35:19] | Leave her alone. Don’t… | 别碰她 别 |
[35:24] | Your mother’s dying. | 你妈妈快死了 |
[35:25] | Your piece of trash father walked out and stuck me with a lot of these. | 你那垃圾爸爸跑了给我丢下这些 |
[35:28] | Did I ask my fellows of my age, did they? | 我这把年纪能顾的了这么多吗 |
[35:43] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[35:48] | All right, That suits me. | 正合我意 |
[35:50] | You end up a trash anyway, just like your parents. | 反正你也就是个垃圾 跟你父母一样 |
[36:08] | so I left | 我也不呆在这儿了 |
[36:13] | You wanna go and get your stuff | 你是去把你的东西也拿过来 |
[36:16] | or you’re gonna leave me out here alone | 还是就把我扔在这儿 |
[36:23] | Do any of us bargain for our lives? | 我们还用跟生活讨价还价吗 |
[36:26] | It seems to me that | 对我来说我们 |
[36:27] | we just fall into them. | 就像直接跌到了最坏的情况 |
[36:29] | and we have to do the best we can. Let’s go. | 我们不得不尽我们所能 |
[36:32] | My mother was dying. My father was gone. | 我妈妈要死了 我爸爸走了 |
[36:37] | but I had to believe there were roads would rise up to meet me. | 但是我却要相信前面的路为我敞开 |
[36:42] | I was 15 when I went out to the world. | 我15岁开始了流浪 |
[36:53] | What’s a home anyway. | 什么是家 |
[36:56] | a roof? a bed? | 一个屋顶 床 |
[36:59] | a place where when you go there they have to take you . | 一个必须接纳你的地方 |
[37:06] | If so, when I was 15, I became homeless. | 如果那样的话 15岁我开始无家可归 |
[37:10] | spare some change? get a job | 给点零钱吧 找个工作吧 |
[37:16] | How ya doing tonight? | 今天过的怎么样 |
[37:22] | God bless you kid. | 上帝保佑你 孩子 |
[37:29] | spare some change? | 给点零钱吧 |
[37:42] | but sometimes I felt like | 但是有时候我觉得 |
[37:43] | I never had a home in my life. | 我从没有被遗弃过 |
[38:31] | Let’s go | 走吧 |
[38:54] | come back! | 回来 |
[39:00] | and another times I knew | 终于 我明白了 |
[39:02] | where ever my mom was, that’s where my home was. | 我妈妈在哪里 我的家就在哪里 |
[39:47] | Month by month, she was fitting away. | 一月又一月 她消耗殆尽 |
[39:54] | Liz? | 丽丝 |
[40:03] | Where did you go? | 你去哪了 |
[40:06] | I’ve … I’ve been staying with friends. | 我 我跟朋友呆在一块儿 |
[40:13] | I miss you. | 我想你 |
[40:20] | pops… he hated me | 爷爷 把我赶了出来 |
[40:25] | and I couldn’t stay here. | 我不能呆在这里 |
[40:34] | Lisa said you stop going to school. | 利萨说你又不去上学了 |
[40:38] | I’m gonna go back. | 我会回去的 |
[40:40] | When? | 真的 |
[40:44] | When you get better. | 你身体好点的时候 |
[40:53] | This is me… This is me. | 这就是我 这就是我 |
[40:58] | I at the bars, ’cause I shake. | 因为颤抖 |
[41:02] | I can’t stop shaking. | 我不停的抖 |
[41:07] | I think that’s… that’s because of the drinking. | 我想那是喝酒太多了 |
[41:11] | you should probably stop. | 我想你应该戒了 |
[41:16] | OK OK | 好吧 好吧 |
[41:26] | You’re gonna get better, you know. | 你会变好的 |
[41:43] | I love you mom. mom I love you . | 我爱你 妈妈 我爱你 |
[42:18] | get over there. | 过去那边 |
[42:53] | Hey guys wait up. I’ll catch you later. I’m just gonna… bye | 等一下 我再去找你们 我得 |
[43:00] | mom | 妈妈 |
[43:08] | we took up a collection. | 那是我们捐的 |
[43:12] | She isn’t coming here anymore, ’cause she thinks we always laugh at her. | 她不过来了 她老以为别人笑她 |
[43:18] | She’s dead honey. she died yesterday morning. | 她死了 昨天早上 |
[44:22] | Sometimes I feel like there’s a skin on the world. | 有时候我觉得世界外有一层外壳 |
[44:26] | and those of us who were born under it | 我们所有人都生在这层外壳之下 |
[44:32] | can see throw it. | 你能从外壳里看到外面 |
[44:35] | We just can’t get throw it. | 但是你却出不去 |
[44:45] | My mother’s being buried under section 51, | 我妈妈被埋在第51区 |
[44:47] | the charity plot. | 一个不收费的墓区 |
[44:52] | My mother was in there. strangers had put her in there. | 我妈妈在里面 陌生人把她放在里面 |
[44:57] | Was she naked? was she frightened? | 她没穿衣服吗 她害怕吗 |
[45:01] | no, she was gone. | 不 她离开了 |
[45:04] | come on. let’s go. | 咱们走 |
[45:05] | no wait a minute. there should be a service. | 等一下 应该有个典礼的 |
[45:08] | there should be a priest what’s supposed to happen. | 应该有个牧师祈祷的 |
[45:11] | When you go, we’re gonna bury him. that’s all. | 你走了之后 我们会埋了它 就这样 |
[45:14] | It’s a SHE! | 那是”她” |
[45:17] | That’s my mother. | 那是我妈妈 |
[45:19] | There’s no priest? | 没有牧师 |
[45:20] | not these cases. you didn’t know that? | 这里没有 你不知道吗 |
[45:23] | She’s dead. put her into the ground | 她死了 把她埋了吧 |
[45:30] | priest no priest. what did it matter. | 牧师没有祷告 那又怎么样 |
[45:34] | she was gone. | 她不在了 |
[45:36] | She was already rotting. | 她已经开始腐烂了 |
[45:39] | sorry | 对不起 |
[45:40] | Was I supposed to believe she found eternal peace? | 我应该相信她最终找到了安宁吗 |
[45:52] | so you come with us? | 你走吗 |
[45:57] | just go | 先走吧 |
[46:03] | Hey wait | 嘿 等一下 |
[46:21] | Jean Murray, beloved. | 至爱的 姬恩 玛丽亚 |
[46:39] | Mother of Elizabeth | 伊丽莎白 玛丽亚 |
[46:45] | and Lisa Murray 1954-1996 | 和利萨 玛丽亚的母亲 1954-1996 |
[47:12] | OK | 好了 |
[47:22] | Listen, I’m gonna out of here OK? | 听着 我要离开了 好吗 |
[47:27] | Liz, just I can’t… I can’t… | 丽丝 我 我不能再 |
[47:30] | I can’t do this anymore. | 我呆不下去了 |
[47:34] | you know, so, I’m going. | 我要走了 |
[47:36] | Where? | 去哪里 |
[47:39] | Group home? | 孤儿院 |
[47:41] | crazy house? | 孤儿院 |
[47:44] | This? This is crazy! | 现在才是疯狂的呢 |
[47:51] | You should come with me. | 你该跟我一块走 |
[47:59] | yeah, so, see you around. | 好吧 再说吧 |
[48:15] | People die. Things decay. | 人们死去 放到坑里 |
[48:18] | Everything that seemed | 所有的东西都是 |
[48:21] | so solid is meaningless. | 那么真实 那么没有意义 |
[48:26] | All that left is gestures we make. | 留下的就是一些行为的碎片和空气 |
[48:31] | gestures and air that’s what we remember. | 那就是我们记得的东西 |
[48:33] | I remember riding with my mother through the slips. | 我记得和我妈妈一块儿从斜跛上滑下来 |
[48:38] | The year ending. but her arms were warm around me | 她的肩膀温暖的怀抱着我 |
[48:42] | when I was little and she was well. | 当时我还很小 她还很好 |
[48:46] | That was long ago. maybe it only happened once. | 那是很久以前 可能只是那么一次 |
[48:50] | Maybe she betrayed me a thousand times. it didn’t matter. | 可能她背叛了我无数次 但没有关系 |
[48:54] | math was always a weak subject. | 次数不表示问题 |
[48:56] | we remember what we choose. | 我们记得我们的选择 |
[48:58] | get out of there | 快出来 |
[49:13] | Where are you gonna put the stone? | 你们在那里放墓碑 |
[49:15] | It’s no stone here. There’s no room. | 没有墓碑 没有地方放 |
[49:24] | In a week, | 一个星期之内 |
[49:25] | there would be no trace of her. | 就再也找不到这个地方了 |
[49:27] | but what did it matter? | 那又怎么样 |
[49:29] | This wasn’t the real world. | 这又不是真实的世界 |
[49:31] | we really only lived in each other’s hearts. | 我们只活在彼此的心底 |
[50:23] | She lived in my heart. | 她就住在我心里 |
[50:25] | but I lived no where. | 但是我却没有地方去 |
[50:28] | I was all alone in the world. | 我在世界上单独一个人 |
[50:35] | you’re 16 years old with 8th grade education, | 十六岁时受8年级学习教育 |
[50:39] | and when you are down the world spiral that | 生活在你做梦 |
[50:41] | will end in the worst place than you ever dreamed | 都想像不到的糟糕地方 |
[50:44] | you’ve burned every bridge, | 失去了所有的关系 |
[50:46] | you’ve worned out every welcom | 消磨了所有的欢迎 |
[50:48] | and everyone who’s ever believed in you. | 每一个曾经相信我的人 |
[50:51] | you’ve let down. | 我都让他们失望了 |
[50:56] | Eva | 伊瓦 |
[51:06] | I don’t wanna be an idot. I wanna go to school. | 我不想做个傻瓜 我要去上学 |
[51:52] | I’m Liz Murray. | 我是丽丝 玛丽亚 |
[51:54] | I have an appointment. | 我约了时间 |
[51:56] | at 9:30? | 在9:30 |
[51:58] | It’s 10:30 | 现在已经10:30了 |
[52:00] | I’m sorry, the subway got stucked. | 很抱歉 交通堵塞 |
[52:01] | I’m sorry, too. but it’s really too late. | 我也很抱歉 但是你实在是太迟了 |
[52:06] | School started 3 weeks ago. | 学校3周前开始上课的 |
[52:07] | It’s just about full. | 招生就快满了 |
[52:09] | Kids get here on time, honey. | 学生都准时到这里 孩子 |
[52:15] | I read the brochure intensive | 我读过 |
[52:17] | “intensive student participation for the development of a just conmunity. “ | “加强学生的参与以发展公平社区” |
[52:23] | I just need one chance. | 我只是需要一次机会 |
[52:28] | You can wait and talk to David. | 你可以等一下跟戴维谈谈 |
[52:31] | but he’s got a meeting right after | 但他待会儿还有个会 |
[52:51] | What is your dream? | 你的梦想是什么 |
[52:52] | For your life? For your school. | 生活的梦想 学校的梦想 |
[52:54] | I knew when at that moment I had to make a choice. | 我知道在那个时刻我要做出选择 |
[52:57] | I could submit to everything that | 我可以写所有我生命中 |
[52:59] | was happening in living life of excuses | 发生的事情并为之辩护 |
[53:02] | or I could push myself. | 或者我可以推我自己一把 |
[53:04] | I could push myself and make my life good. | 我可以推自己一把 让我的生活变好 |
[53:28] | Hey, we’ll get you by friday. | 我们星期五还有一次见面 |
[53:30] | OK thank you. oh pleasure guys | 好的 谢谢 很高兴 孩子们 |
[53:35] | Elizabeth? Liz | 伊丽莎白 丽丝 |
[53:37] | Liz, I’m sorry. | 丽丝 对不起 |
[53:38] | We’re making our last decisions now. | 我们已经要最后决定了 |
[53:39] | I’m already late. | 我快要迟到了 |
[53:39] | Can I just talk to you for just a minute? | 我能跟您谈一分钟吗 |
[53:41] | 30 sesonds? | 30秒钟 |
[53:44] | It’s the application. | 申请也是一个很大的作文 |
[53:46] | It’s a whole big essay question, too. | 我已经完成作文了 |
[53:48] | I’ve already done the essay. I really want this. | 我真的想要上学 |
[53:57] | I haven’t had a lot grownups | 我没有什么东西 |
[54:00] | improved to be trustworthy or for the long runs, | 证明我过来要很远 |
[54:03] | so maybe I don’t know how to talk to you, but … | 所以我不知道该怎么跟你说 |
[54:08] | My parents both use drugs, a lot of them. | 我父母都吸毒 很严重 |
[54:11] | I won’t go near them, but… | 我不会跟他们沾边的 |
[54:13] | but I guess I, kind of, lived that life style. | 但是我就是生活在那种环境的 |
[54:18] | I’m embarrassed now about how layback I’ve been. | 我很为我过去没做好而觉得难堪 |
[54:21] | I mean, I’ve never even really been school | 我是说 我没有真正的去上过学 |
[54:22] | except for the 8th grade. but | 8年上学很难熬 但是 |
[54:24] | your grades are very good in elementary school | 你的成绩非常好 |
[54:27] | I used to show up last week and take the test, | 我上周去参加了考试 |
[54:29] | that’s how I get promoted. | 然后我才可以升级的 |
[54:32] | I’m smart. I know I can succeed. | 我很聪明 我知道我能成功 |
[54:34] | I just… I just need the chance. | 我只是 我只是需要一次机会 |
[54:38] | I need the chance | 我需要一次机会 |
[54:40] | to climb out of this place I’ve been born in. | 爬出我出生的那个环境 |
[54:43] | everyone I know just angry, tired. | 每个我认识的人都是愤怒 疲惫 |
[54:47] | They’re trying to survive. | 他们只是挣扎着活下去 |
[54:51] | but I know that there’s a world out there | 但是我知道有一个世界 |
[54:54] | that’s better. | 更好的世界 |
[54:57] | That’s better developed. I wanna live in it. | 更好的生活 我希望在那里生活 |
[55:02] | why now? | 为什么是现在 |
[55:07] | My mother died of AIDS. she died a couple of months ago. | 我妈妈死于爱滋病 她几个月前死了 |
[55:13] | It was real slap on the face. | 感觉好像被打了几巴掌 |
[55:19] | I guess I always thought that she was gonna get better | 我猜我老是以为她会好转的 |
[55:22] | and take care of me. | 照顾我 |
[55:26] | It’s pretty stupid huh? | 很蠢是吧 |
[55:28] | she’d never been taking care of me. I took care of her. | 她从来都没有照顾过我 我照顾她 |
[55:34] | She was my baby. But now she’s gone. | 她是我的孩子 但现在她不在了 |
[55:40] | so … | 就是这样 |
[55:43] | now it’s time to take care of yourself | 现在是时候你自己照顾自己了 |
[55:49] | Can you get here on time? Liz? | 你能按时到校吗 丽丝 |
[55:52] | I’ll sleep here if I have to. | 我会睡在这里如果可以的话 |
[55:55] | OK, you’re in. | 好吧 你被录取了 |
[55:57] | but you told the others | 但是你告诉别人 |
[55:58] | you won’t know until friday. | 要到星期五才告诉她们的 |
[55:59] | You’re in. | 你被录取了 |
[56:02] | Thank you . He just changes my life. | 谢谢 他刚刚改变了我的一生 |
[56:05] | That’s worth Miss. | 这就是为人师表 |
[56:06] | you just fulfill the paper work. | 把相关表单准备一下 |
[56:08] | You got your transcrips | 你要带着成绩单 |
[56:09] | and that’s just the easy stuff address, phone number. | 和一些紧急联系信息:地址 电话 |
[56:13] | We have to have a meeting with parents or your gardian | 我们需要你的父母或者监护人见一面 |
[56:16] | get that in. we’re good to go. | 这些都有了 你就可以来上学了 |
[56:49] | dad. | 爸爸 |
[56:54] | Hey, Lizzy. | 嘿 丽丝 |
[56:58] | I need your help, please. | 我需要你的帮助 求你了 |
[57:03] | such a production. such a production | 真是太夸张了 太夸张了 |
[57:06] | Why don’t you just stay in the Browx and go to konedy. | 为什么你不呆在以前的学校 |
[57:09] | I don’t know how to go to a normal school. | 我不知道该怎么待在普通学校 |
[57:11] | Why? why? this isn’t a normal school? | 为什么这不是普通学校吗 |
[57:14] | Oh it’s public but it’s like private. | 哦 是公立的 但是很像私立的 |
[57:17] | dad dad | 爸爸 爸爸 |
[57:22] | I think I can do this. | 我觉得我可以办到的 |
[57:24] | Yeah? that’s good. I don’t think I can do this. | 很好 但我不认为我可以办到 |
[57:29] | Yeah you can! you can! | 嘿 你可以 你可以的 |
[57:31] | just say you’re a long horn truck driver. | 我跟他们说你是开长途客车 |
[57:33] | that’s why I just don’t ever see you. | 所以他们不会找你的 |
[57:36] | We’re living with your girl friend now also. | 我还说你有一个女朋友 |
[57:38] | oh you give me a girl friend? | 等一下 你说我有个女朋友 |
[57:42] | Eva. Eva! oh, that’s not good. | 伊瓦 伊瓦 这可不好 |
[57:44] | Eva is old enough to be my mother. | 伊瓦老的能当我妈了 |
[57:46] | dad. I just need an address you know, | 爸爸 我只是需要一个地址 |
[57:50] | a phone number they can call. | 他们能打的电话号码 |
[57:55] | They can’t know I went homeless. | 他们不会知道我无家可归 |
[57:57] | they’ll call the city. and I’ll be locked up again. | 我进去之后 就不会再有事了 |
[58:02] | OK OK | 好吧 好吧 |
[58:09] | Mr. Murray. I’m Peter. Peter Phinidy | 玛丽亚先生 我是皮特 菲尼 |
[58:13] | I never actually | 实际上我从来没有 |
[58:14] | married Lizzy’s mother. | 跟丽丝的妈妈接过婚 |
[58:16] | sit down please. | 坐下 请坐吧 |
[58:24] | I’m gratefully taking my daughter in this pretty nice place. | 我很高兴我女儿能来这里上学 |
[58:28] | we are still new. | 这个地方非常不错 |
[58:30] | we have a big ambition | 我们也有很远的目标 |
[58:31] | yeah, so is Liz I guess. She’s a feminist. | 我猜丽丝也是 她是个女权主义者 |
[58:35] | I’m expecting you know it already. | 我已经开始期待了 |
[58:36] | her mother was beautiful actually. like a movie star. | 她妈妈很漂亮 像个电影明星 |
[58:39] | her mother was also a kind of a feminist too. or something. | 也是个女权主义者 |
[58:43] | anyway I thought when I met her she was just, you know, spirit. | 总之当我见到她时 你知道 |
[58:45] | but actually she was completely insane. | 她那会儿精神恍惚 |
[58:50] | we need you to sign right here. | 请在这里签字 |
[58:53] | and give us contect information address and phone number | 并且请给我们联系方式 地址 电话 |
[59:00] | university avenue 3458 | 大学路 3458号 |
[59:03] | is that an apartment? yeah 2b | 那是个公寓吗 |
[59:04] | 3b3b yeah that’s right. | 3b3b 对 |
[59:06] | that’s right. we moved upstairs. | 没错 我们搬到楼上了 |
[59:10] | phone number? | 电话号码 |
[59:15] | 718… 718… | |
[59:19] | …555 …555 …555 …555 | |
[59:20] | …557…67…5555767 ..557…67…5555767 | |
[59:26] | sorry my memery my mind totally short. | 对不起 我都记的不太清了 |
[59:30] | so that’s it? | 就这些吗 |
[59:31] | I gotta stuff to do. | 我应该做的事儿 就这些 |
[59:34] | thanks for coming. thank you | 感谢您的到来 谢谢您 |
[59:38] | can I start now? | 我现在能开始了吗 |
[59:40] | It’s refreshing to have someone who wants to come to school. | 听到有人说想来上学真是很让人振奋 |
[59:43] | I’m gonna walk him out. | 我送他出去 |
[1:00:00] | all right. Oh, they give tokens to you? | 他们还给你零钱吗 |
[1:00:02] | no I gotta a job | 不 我有工作 |
[1:00:05] | Yeah, I remember when you were a kid | 我记得你小时候 |
[1:00:07] | you used to beg grossories down the Foren road | 在弗伦路上扫地 |
[1:00:08] | and put the food in fridge. | 把食物放到冰箱里 |
[1:00:10] | How old were you? | 你那时候多大 |
[1:00:11] | Eight. | 8岁 |
[1:00:19] | I’m not a people person. you understand that. | 我不算个正常人 如果你明白的话 |
[1:00:22] | I’m not a people person. Liz | 我不算个正常人 丽丝 |
[1:00:24] | There’s nothing to do with you. | 那跟你没什么关系 |
[1:00:25] | you know. It’s not personal. | 你知道 这不是针对个人的 |
[1:00:28] | you came today though. | 但是你今天还是过来了 |
[1:00:34] | I love you dad. | 我爱你 爸爸 |
[1:00:37] | oh don’t do that. don’t love me. It wastes of energy. | 别爱我 那是浪费能量 |
[1:00:44] | You when I was little. | 我小的时候 |
[1:00:45] | you were the most interesting thing in my world. | 你是我的世界里最有趣的事情 |
[1:00:50] | everyone around was just talking about drugs or sex or you know, | 其他人都是谈论毒品 性 |
[1:00:56] | just trying to survive the day. | 尽量撑过每一天 |
[1:01:02] | but you always had ideas | 但是你老是有主意 |
[1:01:06] | it’s because of you | 因为你的缘故 |
[1:01:08] | I know there’s another way of being. | 我总会发现另外的出路 |
[1:01:18] | Are you OK? | 你还好吗 |
[1:01:21] | Yeah yeah, I’m fine. | 是 我很好 |
[1:01:22] | they take care of me find at the shelter | 他们照顾我 给我找了个收容所 |
[1:01:26] | actually I’m gonna get my own apartment | 还要给我一套公寓 |
[1:01:29] | you know they like to do that. | 他们可能会这么做 |
[1:01:30] | you can come and stay with me, visit me, any time | 你随时可以到我那里去 |
[1:01:33] | you own an apartment | 你有一套公寓 |
[1:01:34] | yeah they like to do that. | 是的 他们乐意这么做 |
[1:01:37] | they keep people like me at the shelters. | 送我们这些人到收容所 |
[1:01:42] | you know the people the patience. people with AIDS | 我们这些病人 得爱滋的病人 |
[1:01:50] | Hey, listen, no no no a lot is changing. | 事情变了很多 |
[1:01:51] | I’ve got all these medicines now | 我吃了很多药 |
[1:01:52] | and I’m clean | 现在我已经没事了 |
[1:01:54] | so I’m gonna live forever. | 所以我会永远活下去的 |
[1:02:01] | I’ll be fine. I’m gonna live forever. | 我很好 我会永远活下去的 |
[1:02:10] | stay in school. | 好好上学 |
[1:02:13] | I blew this, but you can do this. | 我搞砸了 但是你可以做到 |
[1:02:36] | Goff Tanken. | 高夫 谭肯 |
[1:02:37] | remember the main. anyboday? | 记住大部分 还有人吗 |
[1:02:39] | Frank O’ prushen woorf? You. | 弗兰克 帕辛 吴 你 |
[1:02:41] | Do you get BISMARCK? | 你有”商业记号”那页吗 |
[1:02:43] | You didn’t get BISMARCK. | 你没有那页 |
[1:02:44] | I didn’t get BISMARCK, either. | 我也没有拿到那页 |
[1:02:45] | I thought BISMARCK was a kind of roll. | 我还以为”商业记号”是某种肉卷呢 |
[1:02:47] | Kaiser roll. so is BISMARCK a kaiser? | 凯瑟卷 那”商业记号”是凯瑟卷 |
[1:02:49] | stop talking about food. you’re making me hungry. | 别再说食物了 我都觉得饿了 |
[1:02:52] | Dav, are we getting textbooks next year? | 戴维 今年我们会发教科书吗 |
[1:02:54] | ’cause I’m keeping losing these things. | 因为我老是丢这些活页 |
[1:02:56] | emmm… textbooks.. | 嗯 教科书 |
[1:02:57] | why don’t we use textbooks? anyone? | 为什么不发教科书 谁知道 |
[1:03:01] | too heavy? | 太重了 |
[1:03:03] | They are, but not cigar. | 是的 但是不能给雪茄糖[A kind of sugar] |
[1:03:05] | they’re too expensive. the school is too poor. | 它们太贵了 学校负担不了 |
[1:03:07] | I’m keeping my cigars today. | 我今天要自己留着雪茄糖了 |
[1:03:10] | you new girl. | 你 新来的同学 |
[1:03:11] | her name is Liz | 她叫丽丝 |
[1:03:12] | Yeah dav. she’s been here a week. | 是啊 上帝 戴维 她都来一周了 |
[1:03:13] | try to remember. | 你还记不住她的名字 |
[1:03:14] | Liz, sue me | 丽丝 到法院告我吧 |
[1:03:19] | textbook text…book… | 教科书 教科 书 |
[1:03:23] | open it up | 打开 |
[1:03:26] | what did you see? words | 里面说什么 单词 |
[1:03:30] | what kind of words? | 什么样的词 |
[1:03:32] | the words of the author. | 作者的话 |
[1:03:35] | no no this is important. | 不 不 这很重要 |
[1:03:37] | and what we have here? | 我手上拿的是什么 |
[1:03:41] | a lot of other people’s words | 许多其他人的话 |
[1:03:43] | why do I wannt you to have them | 为什么我要发给你们 |
[1:03:49] | because one point of view gives you a one-dimensional world | 因为一种观点给你一方面的见解 |
[1:03:55] | cigars cigars! BISMARCK. | 雪茄糖 雪茄糖 “商业记号” |
[1:03:59] | marks the guy who sold me the babble gums cigars. | 卖给我泡泡糖的人 雪茄糖 |
[1:04:04] | why one earth would we confine ourselves to his story-history | 为什么我们只能看他一个人的故事 |
[1:04:10] | but isn’t that the deal day? I mean is there official history? | 但是那不是记载着官方历史吗 |
[1:04:13] | no girl tell him what history is. | 不 孩子 告诉他什么是历史 |
[1:04:19] | history is all of us. all our stories count. | 历史是我们全体 我们全体都算 |
[1:04:29] | that’s is. grab your papers. | 就这样 拿着你的作业 |
[1:04:31] | I’ll be in the launch if you wanna talk about it. | 要找我的话 我在休息室 |
[1:04:43] | hey Liz it’s yours | 嘿 丽丝 这是你的 |
[1:05:02] | hey new girl | 嘿 新来得同学 |
[1:05:04] | you let me in but you don’t remember my name | 你批准我入校的 却不记得我的名字 |
[1:05:06] | Oh I remember your name. | 我记得你的名字 |
[1:05:07] | I just like the others gaining up your side. | 我只是想让其他人站到你一边 |
[1:05:11] | you’re pretty smart. | 你很聪明 |
[1:05:13] | so are you | 你也是 |
[1:05:15] | you gave me an A- | 你给我一个A- |
[1:05:16] | yeah I thought it was a very good paper | 是的 我认为写的不错 |
[1:05:18] | how do i make an A | 我怎么才能得A |
[1:05:20] | Liz, an A- is an excellent mark. | 丽丝 A-是非常高的分数 |
[1:05:23] | this is your first school work and what? forever? | 再怎么说这是你第一次学校作业 |
[1:05:27] | if my words count, | 如果我的话管用的话 |
[1:05:29] | I want them to be right. | 我希望你能帮我改正它 |
[1:05:35] | OK | 好吧 |
[1:06:02] | what’re you still doing here? | 你还在这里干什么 |
[1:06:05] | algebra | 生物 |
[1:06:07] | yeah well, it’s after 11. I’m locking up. | 已经11点了 我要关门了 |
[1:06:14] | How many classes are you taking? | 你上了多少课 |
[1:06:16] | the regular 5, | 必修的5课 |
[1:06:19] | and the saturday programming, the night school, franch | 周六课程 夜校 法语 |
[1:06:24] | and the after school science | 非洲学校 科学 |
[1:06:28] | ten! | 10个 |
[1:06:31] | now you see why I need the before school maths | 现在你知道为什么我需要学学前数学了 |
[1:06:34] | a lot | 真是非常多 |
[1:06:36] | I’m 17. | 我现在17了 |
[1:06:37] | I don’t wanna be 21 before I finish high school. | 我不想高中毕业就21了 |
[1:06:40] | so you’re trying to do 4-years high school in 3 years? | 那你想3年念完4年的课程吗 |
[1:06:44] | Two. | 2年 |
[1:06:46] | you need before school maths, too. | 你也需要学学学前数学 |
[1:06:48] | yeah, you’ll kill yourself you know? | 哦 是啊 你这是自杀 |
[1:06:50] | no | 不是 |
[1:06:53] | no I’m gonna live. | 我会活的好好的 |
[1:07:34] | I had it down. the B-train took 70 minutes to do its entire run | B号线全程40分钟 |
[1:07:38] | I’ve been back 4 times, | 来回四次后 |
[1:07:40] | and I would get to school just a little early. | 我一般会早到学校 |
[1:07:42] | and david would let me in. | 她们会让我进去的 |
[1:07:47] | for the first time my life | 第一次我生活里 |
[1:07:48] | had some order I can count on | 有了些可以遵循的节奏 |
[1:08:13] | Chris? | 克利斯 |
[1:08:16] | Chris? Chris? | 克利斯 克利斯 |
[1:08:20] | what’re you doing here? | 你在这儿干嘛呢 |
[1:08:22] | hanging out | 闲逛 |
[1:08:23] | what about the home? | 你的家怎么样 |
[1:08:28] | so why don’t you look for me? | 你怎么能不来找我呢 |
[1:08:30] | I did. I’ve been looking for a long time. | 我找过 我找了你很久了 |
[1:08:35] | you have been in any ever places? | 你都不在以前的地方了 |
[1:08:38] | I’m here now. | 我现在在这边 |
[1:08:39] | I’m going to a new school. and I like it. | 我上了一个新学校 我很喜欢它 |
[1:08:44] | hey hey come on. | 嘿 怎么了 |
[1:08:46] | It’s great. we’re together. | 多好啊 我们在一块儿了 |
[1:09:11] | last one out, first one in. | 最后一个走 第一个来 |
[1:09:13] | no that describes you david. | 不 那是说你的 戴维 |
[1:09:15] | how did you get so dedicated? | 你怎么能这么有劲头呢 |
[1:09:17] | well, I’m such a privilege jerk. | 我是个大傻瓜 |
[1:09:19] | I want it to give something back. | 我非常想得到一些东西 |
[1:09:21] | this is? | 这是 |
[1:09:23] | my friend chris. my best friend. | 我朋友 克利斯 最好的朋友 |
[1:09:25] | hi chris. hey | 你好 克利斯 你好 |
[1:09:28] | I want her to come here too. | 我想让她也来这里上学 |
[1:09:30] | It’s not a party, it’s a tough place. | 这不是个舞会 是个很吃苦的地方 |
[1:09:32] | well, she’s good for you, | 你觉得她可以 |
[1:09:33] | he’s good enough for me. come on in. | 我也觉得她可以 进来吧 |
[1:09:40] | so, what we putting on the board? | 成绩什么时候下来 |
[1:09:42] | we’re deciding we’ll send top 10 students | 我们决定之后要送前10名 |
[1:09:44] | in school trip to Boston | 到波士顿旅行 |
[1:09:46] | cool. you’ve ever been? | 酷 你去过吗 |
[1:09:47] | I’ve never been out of New York. | 我从来都没出过纽约 |
[1:09:49] | we went to queen’s once. | 我们去过 皇后区 |
[1:09:51] | well, you’re going. | 你会去的 |
[1:09:53] | come on. no way I’m one of the top 10 students. | 哦 我可不会进前10名 |
[1:09:56] | oh you’re not one of the top. you’re the top. | 你可不是前10名 你是第1名 |
[1:10:00] | you get the best grade in this whole place | 你是学校里分数最高的 |
[1:10:04] | so what? you going to Boston? | 那又怎么样 去波士顿 |
[1:10:07] | expenses paid. | 旅费是学校付的 |
[1:10:08] | how long? 5 days | 多久 5天 |
[1:10:20] | you OK, Liz? | 你还好吗 丽丝 |
[1:10:22] | yeah, I just thought I’ve been trash, you know. | 耶 我还以为我是渣滓呢 |
[1:10:27] | you’re not trash. | 你不是渣滓 |
[1:10:29] | this is getting you thinking about college. | 从这件事上你应该考虑上大学 |
[1:10:35] | what’s college like? It’s all crap, shut up! | 大学什么样 都是废话 别说了 |
[1:10:39] | you can come too? can she? | 你也可以去啊 她可以吗 |
[1:10:42] | sure, if she does the work. | 当然可以 她能做到 |
[1:10:43] | well, not figure an inch, thanks. | 我不是那块料 谢谢 |
[1:10:45] | come on chris, | 梦想 克利斯 |
[1:10:47] | dream a little. what you wanna be when you grow up? | 长大了你想做什么 |
[1:10:50] | boy, I was grown since I was 7. | 我7岁的时候就开始长大了 |
[1:10:52] | I mean after high school. it’s OK. | 克利斯 我是说 高中之后 没事 |
[1:10:55] | no it’s not OK. I’ll be a garbageman. | 我有事 我会做个捡垃圾的 |
[1:10:57] | I’ll be a prostitude. | 我会做个妓女 |
[1:11:05] | who cares what the hell I’m gonna be. | 谁管它多久呢 |
[1:11:16] | welcome to Harvard guys. | 欢迎到哈佛 同学们 |
[1:11:44] | it looks like what you thought it would? | 看起来和想象的一样吗 |
[1:11:47] | better. unattainably better | 更好 无法接受的好 |
[1:11:52] | Liz, they’re just people. | 丽丝 他们也是普通人 |
[1:11:56] | not people like me | 不是像我这样的普通人 |
[1:12:00] | why not people like me? | 为什么不是像我这样的普通人 |
[1:12:02] | what made them so different? | 什么让他们这么不同 |
[1:12:04] | because of where they were born? | 因为他们出生的地方吗 |
[1:12:10] | I was working as hard as I could, | 我尽我所能的工作 |
[1:12:11] | so I didn’t end up on food stamps or house let. | 所以不用靠救济粮票或者房屋租借度日 |
[1:12:17] | what… what if I work even more? | 如果我更努力的工作呢 |
[1:12:21] | I was so close to the skin | 我现在离那层外壳这么近 |
[1:12:23] | now I can touch it. | 甚至可以触摸到它 |
[1:12:35] | it would be a reach. it’s not impossible. | 这是一种渴望 不是不可能 |
[1:12:49] | is there any other scholarships | 还有其他奖学金吗 |
[1:12:51] | that’s quite a few. | 很少 |
[1:12:54] | write 1500 words on the important | 关于自由市场和自由世界的重要性 |
[1:12:56] | of the free market | 写一篇1500字的报告 |
[1:12:58] | and the free world and win $500 | 可以得500美元奖学金 |
[1:13:01] | yeah, I don’t need lead 70 of those every year. | 是的 而且每年只发70美元 |
[1:13:05] | there was some brandnew from the NYT, | 有个最新的奖学金项目 纽约时报的 |
[1:13:08] | maybe I didn’t put it in yet. | 我可能还没放进去呢 |
[1:13:19] | $12000 every year for 4 years | 12000美元每年 共4年 |
[1:13:22] | what do you have to do? | 要求有什么 |
[1:13:25] | attach a brief essay describing | 附一个简短论文描述你认为 |
[1:13:28] | what you believe to be the most significant in acadamic achievement | 最重要的收获和你是如何 |
[1:13:31] | and how you have overcome any chellenges or obstacles | 迎接挑战和克服困难的 |
[1:13:35] | can have a copy of this? | 你能帮我复印一份吗 |
[1:13:39] | I want to stand beside people beside walk | 我想和人们站在一块儿 |
[1:13:42] | and not be so far beneath them | 不想在他们之下 |
[1:13:45] | I wanna go to Harvard and become very developed | 我想去哈佛 做受教育最高的人 |
[1:13:48] | read all the best books | 读所有最好的书 |
[1:13:53] | then I found myself thinking | 有时候我也发现我在想 |
[1:13:55] | what if I just go crazy? | 我是不是一时冲动 |
[1:13:58] | I used my every potential to do that. | 用我所有的潜能去做这件事 |
[1:14:03] | I have to do it. I have no choice. | 我必须这么做 我没有选择 |
[1:14:10] | Am I late? | 我迟到了吗 |
[1:14:12] | no, I’m early | 不 我早了 |
[1:14:14] | I made you some coffee | 我帮你倒杯咖啡 |
[1:14:17] | -one sweet sugar, right? -right. | -要加块糖吗 -好啊 |
[1:14:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:14:30] | can I have a stamp for this? | 能给我张邮票吗 |
[1:14:32] | that’s the NYT scholarship. | 申请纽约时报奖学金 |
[1:14:34] | you haven’t mailed them yet? | 你还没寄出去吗 |
[1:14:35] | when is the deadline? | 什么时候截止 |
[1:14:37] | Tomorrow. I gave you 4 months ago, Liz. | 明天 我四个月之前就给你了 |
[1:14:40] | what are you waiting for? | 你等什么呢 |
[1:14:42] | for today. for me to turn 18. | 为了今天 我18岁 |
[1:14:46] | It’s your birthday. | 今天你生日 |
[1:14:49] | happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[1:14:52] | but I don’t think there’s a requirement | 但是我想他们不需要你必须18岁 |
[1:14:55] | I know, thank you. | 我知道 谢谢你 |
[1:14:59] | but now I could tell the truth that | 但是现在我可以说实话了 |
[1:15:01] | I was homeless. | 我无家可归 |
[1:15:02] | and no one could come and take me away | 没有人来带我回家 |
[1:15:23] | Lisa | 利萨 |
[1:15:27] | Liz? | 丽丝 |
[1:15:31] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干嘛 |
[1:15:34] | I have this interview. | 我有个面试 |
[1:15:36] | I’m a finalist for a big NYT scholarship | 我进了纽约时报奖学金最后一轮 |
[1:15:42] | but I don’t have anything to wear. | 但是我没有能穿的衣服 |
[1:15:45] | You want my clothes? | 你想要我的衣服吗 |
[1:15:47] | nothing fancy just something that I can put over this. | 不是说喜欢 只是一个能穿的外套 |
[1:16:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:16:07] | mom sold my coat once, | 妈妈把我彩色的那件卖了 |
[1:16:09] | I couldn’t go to school | 我也不能去上学 |
[1:16:13] | I remember | 我记得 |
[1:16:15] | I cried, I loved going to school so much. | 我还哭了 我真的很喜欢上学 |
[1:16:21] | you never went to school. | 你都没上过学 |
[1:16:23] | why would they give you the scholarship | 他们怎么会给你机会呢 |
[1:16:30] | because I’m homeless | 因为我无家可归 |
[1:16:31] | and I’m doing really well in school, and… | 而且我在学校的成绩很好 |
[1:16:33] | you’re not homeless, Liz. | 你不是无家可归 丽丝 |
[1:16:35] | you could stay here. | 你可以待在这里 |
[1:16:39] | no I couldn’t. you know that | 不 我办不到 你知道的 |
[1:16:44] | pop hates you. | 爷爷恨你 |
[1:16:52] | I’m going blind. like mama | 我马上就要瞎了 跟妈妈一样 |
[1:17:01] | I’m scared. | 我很害怕 |
[1:17:31] | Liz, they kick me out of the group home | 丽丝 他们把我赶出了孤儿院 |
[1:17:34] | and all my stuff. | 还有所有的东西 |
[1:17:36] | they can’t kick you out, you’re not 18 yet. | 他们不能赶你走 你还不到18呢 |
[1:17:38] | They’ll bring to to Brucklin. | 他们要把我转到布鲁克林 |
[1:17:40] | I don’t wanna go to Brucklin. you have to help me | 我不想去布鲁克林 你一定要帮帮我 |
[1:17:43] | I have an interview. right? | 我有个面试 好嘛 |
[1:17:51] | just let get through this one thing, | 让我把这件事做完 |
[1:17:53] | and you can come back and go to school | 你可以回来上学 |
[1:17:55] | no, I don’t wanna go to school, I don’t belong there, | 我不想上学 我不属于那里 |
[1:17:56] | neither do you. | 你也不属于那里 |
[1:17:59] | yes I do. | 不 我是的 |
[1:18:00] | you think they like pepole like us to go to Harvard? | 你以为他们会让你进哈佛吗 |
[1:18:43] | the world moves you just suspect | 你会怀疑地球是否在转动 |
[1:18:48] | it could no happen without you | 即使你不在也照样如此 |
[1:18:51] | situations are not condused to what you want for yourself | 情况不能像你希望的一样 |
[1:18:56] | someone else’s needs, | 有些人的需求 |
[1:18:58] | someone else’s plate is going to be stronger than yours is. | 有些人的信念会比你的更强烈 |
[1:19:02] | I think people just get frustrated without harsh, | 我想人们在不知生活会有多困苦时 |
[1:19:05] | life can be | 感到失败 |
[1:19:06] | so they’re spending their time dwelling on that frustration | 所以人们久久围困于自己的失败中 |
[1:19:10] | we calling it anger. | 我们称为愤怒 |
[1:19:11] | keep their eyes shut to the wholeness of the situation | 对事物的整体视而不见 |
[1:19:14] | to all those tinny things | 对于所有能够成功的微小元素 |
[1:19:18] | that have come together to make it, what it is | 以及什么是成功视而不见 |
[1:19:24] | because I was turned so inward by mom and dad | 因为我的父母迫使我向深处里观察 |
[1:19:26] | I got chance to see how all the little tiny things | 我有幸看到所有的微小事物是如何 |
[1:19:30] | come together to make the final product | 最终聚集在一起 最终形成产物的 |
[1:19:34] | so I was never inclined to wonder why this | 所以我从来不问为什么这样 |
[1:19:38] | or why that | 为什么那样 |
[1:19:40] | I knew why | 我知道为什么 |
[1:19:43] | not that I was happy about it, | 这样并不能让我高兴 |
[1:19:45] | in fact I was really sad about it, some of the time | 很多时候倒让我觉的很难过 |
[1:19:48] | but I was very excepting | 但是我总是勇于接受 |
[1:19:51] | I was very excepting. | 但我总是勇于接受事实 |
[1:19:54] | I just always knew that I need to get out. | 我知道我总想离开我的环境 |
[1:20:01] | is there anything else you’d like to tell us? | 还有什么你要告诉我们的吗 |
[1:20:07] | I loved my mother. | 我爱我妈妈 |
[1:20:09] | so much I mean | 如此之深 |
[1:20:10] | she was a drug addict. | 她吸毒 |
[1:20:13] | she was an alcoholic | 也酗酒 |
[1:20:15] | she was legally blind | 基本失明 |
[1:20:17] | she was schizophrenic | 她还患有精神分裂 |
[1:20:21] | but I never forgot that she did love me | 但是我决不会忘记她爱我 |
[1:20:31] | even if, if she did it | 虽然她曾经做过一些事 |
[1:20:34] | all the time | 总是这样 |
[1:20:38] | all the time | 总是这样 |
[1:20:42] | all the time | 总是这样 |
[1:20:51] | I hope you will know | 我希望你们知道 |
[1:20:52] | how much I really need this | 我是多么的需要这次机会 |
[1:20:56] | I can’t go to college or anything without it | 或者我就不能上大学或者别的事情 |
[1:21:47] | she earned a 95 average, | 她的平均成绩95分 |
[1:21:49] | and finished the top of class of 150 | 并且是班里150名学生中最高的 |
[1:21:52] | she did it while completing the 4-years of high school in 2 | 她能够在两年时间完成4年的高中学业 |
[1:21:55] | she did it while homeless, her mother was dead, | 她无家可归 她的妈妈死去了 |
[1:21:58] | her father was a drug addict living in shelters | 爸爸在收容所里 |
[1:22:01] | and any way I describe this can’t do just to her accomplishment | 我所有的描述都不能概括对她的赞扬 |
[1:22:04] | so I’ll just introduce to you our | 所以我直接介绍我们的 |
[1:22:06] | 6th NYT scholarship winner | 第6届纽约时报奖学金获奖者 |
[1:22:08] | Liz Murray | 丽丝 玛丽亚 |
[1:22:19] | everything’s changed, | 所有的事情都改变了 |
[1:22:22] | My life will never be the same. | 我的生命不会再如以前了 |
[1:22:25] | and I don’t know what else to say except for thank you | 我不知道还应该说些什么 除了谢谢 |
[1:22:29] | thank you very much | 非常感谢 |
[1:22:32] | Liz Liz, how did you do this? | 丽丝 丽丝 你是怎么做到的 |
[1:22:36] | How could I not do it?! | 我怎么能做不到呢 |
[1:22:38] | my parents showed me with the alternative was | 我的父母教会了我可能 |
[1:22:40] | did you ever feel sorry for yourself? | 你为自己的过去感到难过吗 |
[1:22:43] | sorry? | 对不起 |
[1:22:44] | sleeping in the subway. eating out of dumpsters | 在地铁里睡觉 吃丢弃的食物 |
[1:22:48] | that had always been my life and I really | 那总是我生活的一部分 我觉的 |
[1:22:54] | I feel that I got lucky, | 我非常幸运 |
[1:22:55] | because any sensive security | 是因为我心里所有的安全感 |
[1:22:58] | was pulled out from under me | 被从身体中抛弃 |
[1:23:00] | so I was forced | 所以我被迫向前看 |
[1:23:02] | to look forward. | 我必须向前 |
[1:23:03] | I had to… there was no going back | 没有能后退的路 |
[1:23:05] | and I reached a point where I just thought | 我到了一种状态 |
[1:23:08] | “oh I’m gonna work as hard as I possiblly can | “好吧 我要尽我所能的工作 |
[1:23:12] | and see what happens” | 看会发生什么 “ |
[1:23:16] | and now I’m going to college. | 现在我上大学了 |
[1:23:18] | and the NYT is going to pay | 而且纽约时报给我付学费 |
[1:23:24] | so you were lucky! | 所以说你是幸运的 |
[1:23:27] | but is there anything you change, if you were able? | 但是你会改变什么 如果你可以的话 |
[1:23:33] | Yeah, I’d give it back. | 耶 我会把它还回去的 |
[1:23:41] | all of it. | 所有的 |
[1:23:45] | If I could have my family back. | 如果我的家庭能复原的话 |
[1:23:53] | I got into Harvard. I got a job at the NYT. | 我进了哈佛 我在纽约时报有了份工作 |
[1:23:57] | I got an apartment. | 我有了自己的公寓 |
[1:24:01] | I don’t have to carry my whole life with me any more. | 我再也不用随身携带所有的东西了 |
[1:24:04] | I don’t have to carry my whole life with me | 我不得不背负着我的过去 |
[1:24:08] | but I do. everyone I’ve known, | 但是我记得所有我认识的人 |
[1:24:12] | everything I have done. Jesus, chip off | 所有我做过的事情 难过的往事 |
[1:24:17] | I forget the little things | 我忘记所有微小的事情 |
[1:24:23] | but still hard to carry alone | 但是仍然很难单独承受 |
[1:24:30] | so that’s why I told you. | 所以我告诉你 |
[1:24:31] | that’s why I’ve told you my story | 所以我告诉你我的故事 |
[1:24:35] | now I can lay it out and burn it done, | 现在我能让它燃烧 |
[1:24:39] | put it in the rest, then I can go on | 平息 那我就可以向前走了 |
[1:24:49] | Hi, mom. | 嗨 妈妈 |
[1:25:37] | Liz’s father suffering from AIDS and lives in his apartment | 丽丝的艾滋病父亲生活在他自己的公寓里 |
[1:25:44] | Chris has a steady job | 克里斯有了份稳定的工作 |
[1:25:46] | and remained good friends with liz | 并且继续和丽丝是好朋友 |
[1:25:50] | Liz pays the rent of her apartment with the money she earned from making confrences | 丽丝用在演讲赚来的钱支付公寓的月租 |
[1:25:58] | Liz has left Harvard in the spring of 2003. | 丽丝2003年春天离开了哈佛 |
[1:26:02] | she continued her studies at college. | 并且继续在大学深造 |
[1:26:04] | She is convinced that her path will come by itself. | 她相信自己可以独自面对将来的道路 |