英文名称:Casino
年代:1995
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:50] | When you love someone, you’ve gotta trust them. | 当你爱一个人 你必须相信他 |
[00:53] | There’s no other way. | 别无它法 |
[00:55] | You’ve got to give them the key to everything that’s yours. | 你得将掌管生命中一切的那把钥匙给他 |
[00:59] | Otherwise, what’s the point? | 要不然有什么意义? |
[01:03] | And, for a while, I believed that’s the kind of love I had. | 一直以来 我深信我拥有的是这样的爱 |
[03:14] | Before I ever ran a casino, or got blown up… | 在我开赌场及被炸之前… |
[03:17] | Ace Rothstein was a hell of a handicapper. | 艾斯·罗斯坦 可是最屌的赛马预测者 |
[03:19] | I can tell you that. | 我告诉你 |
[03:21] | I was so good that whenever I bet, I’d change the odds… | 我旺到每次只要我下注 全国的赌盘赔率… |
[03:24] | for every bookmaker in the country. | 都会随着改变 |
[03:26] | I’m serious, I had it down so cold… | 不盖你 我对赛马的研究精湛到… |
[03:28] | that I was given paradise on Earth. | 让我晋升人间天堂 |
[03:31] | I was given one of the biggest casinos in Las Vegas to run, the Tangiers… | 我被升为拉斯维加斯最大赌场之一”坦吉乐”的管理人… |
[03:36] | by the only kind of guys that can actually get you that kind of money. | 唯有聘请我的那帮人才能如此大手笔 |
[03:40] | $62, 700, 000. | 六千两百七十万美元 |
[03:43] | I don’t know all the details. | 我不知道细节 |
[03:45] | In fact, nobody knew all the details… | 老实说 没人知道细节… |
[03:47] | but it should’ve been perfect. | 原本应该很完美的 |
[03:49] | He had me, Nicky Santoro, his best friend, watching his ass… | 他有我这好友尼奇·山多罗挺他… |
[03:54] | and he had Ginger, the woman he loved, on his arm. | 他手中也揽着他爱的女人 金吉儿 |
[03:58] | But in the end, we fucked it all up. | 到头来 我们全搞砸了 |
[04:01] | It should’ve been so sweet, too. | 原本应多完美 |
[04:03] | It turned out to be the last time that street guys like us… | 结果 我们这样的小混混… |
[04:06] | were ever given anything that fucking valuable again. | 在这次之后就再也无缘搞油水这么丰富的大生意了 |
[04:14] | Vegas was a place where suckers… | 那时的赌城 是蠢蛋们… |
[04:16] | flew in every year on their own nickel… | 一毛一毛存足了钱飞来… |
[04:18] | and left behind about a billion dollars. | 直到输光了家当才走人的地方 |
[04:21] | But at night, you couldn’t see the desert that surrounds Las Vegas. | 在夜晚 你看不到包围拉斯维加斯的沙漠 |
[04:27] | But it’s in the desert where lots of the town’s problems are solved. | 但城里许多的问题却都是在沙漠里解决的 |
[04:31] | Got a lot of holes in the desert… | 沙漠里的坑洞可多着呢 |
[04:33] | and a lot of problems are buried in those holes. | 里面埋藏了很多问题 |
[04:36] | Except you gotta do it right. | 只是程序要对 |
[04:38] | You gotta have the hole already dug… | 你得先把洞挖好… |
[04:40] | before you show up with a package in the trunk. | 再将货从汽车后车箱载来 |
[04:42] | Otherwise, you’re talking about 30 or 45 minutes of digging. | 要不然你就得在沙漠挖上个30到45分钟 |
[04:46] | Who knows who’s gonna be coming along in that time? | 谁又知道期间会有什么人出现? |
[04:49] | Before you know it, you gotta dig a few more holes. | 不知不觉中 你又得多挖好几个洞 |
[04:52] | You could be there all fucking night. | 搞不好一整晚都得耗在那儿 |
[05:11] | Who could resist? | 谁抗拒的了? |
[05:12] | Anywhere else, I was a bookie, a gambler… | 在别处 我只是个登记赛马的一个赌徒… |
[05:15] | always looking over my shoulder, hassled by cops, day and night. | 老是得小心翼翼 成天被条子们骚扰 |
[05:18] | But here, I’m Mr. Rothstein. | 但在这儿 我可是罗斯坦先生 |
[05:20] | I’m not only legitimate, but running a casino. | 不但不偷鸡摸狗 还管间赌场 |
[05:23] | And that’s like selling people dreams for cash. | 那就像是将梦想换为现金 |
[05:27] | I hired an old casino pal, | 我聘任了赌场的一个老朋友 |
[05:29] | Billy Sherbert, as my manager, and went to work. | 比利·雪伯当经理 然后开始工作 |
[05:31] | And this is Ronnie, who takes care of the card room. | 这是负责牌室的罗尼 |
[05:37] | For guys like me, Las Vegas washes away your sins. | 像我们这种人 拉斯维加斯洗去了我们的罪孽 |
[05:41] | It’s like a morality car wash. | 像是道德洗车场一样 |
[05:43] | It does for us what Lourdes does for humpbacks and cripples. | 它对我们的效用就像法国露德 对驼背和残障的人一样 |
[05:53] | And along with making us legit… | 不但让我们重见天日… |
[05:56] | comes cash, tons of it. | 还带来了现金 数不尽的钱 |
[05:58] | What do you think we’re doing here in the middle of the desert? | 不然你以为我们没事 跑到这沙漠中央干嘛? |
[06:01] | It’s all this money. | 就是为了这些钱 |
[06:04] | This is the end result of all the bright lights… | 这是所有炫目的灯光… |
[06:07] | and the comped trips, of all the champagne… | 所有的招待 香槟 免费住宿… |
[06:10] | and free hotel suites, and all the broads and all the booze. | 女人与喝不完的酒 最终所造成的结果 |
[06:14] | It’s all been arranged just for us to get your money. | 全都是为了 让我们弄走你的钱 |
[06:20] | That’s the truth about Las Vegas. | 这就是赌城的真面目 |
[06:24] | We’re the only winners. | 我们是唯一的赢家 |
[06:26] | The players don’t stand a chance. | 赌徒们一点机会都没有 |
[06:28] | And their cash flows from the tables… | 而他们的钱从赌桌上… |
[06:30] | to our boxes through the cage… | 流入我们的收银柜再进入保险笼… |
[06:33] | and into the most sacred room in the casino. | 最后流入全赌场最神圣的房间 |
[06:37] | The place where they add up all the money… | 他们计算钱的地方… |
[06:39] | the Holy of holies, the count room. | 万物之首 计算室 |
[06:44] | Now, this place was off- limits. | 这儿可不是闲杂人等可进出的 |
[06:47] | Even I couldn’t get inside. | 连我都进不去 |
[06:48] | But it was my job to keep it filled with cash. That’s for sure. | 当然 但我的工作是让它保持满满的状态 |
[06:51] | They had so much money in there… | 里头的钱多到… |
[06:54] | you could build a house out of stacks of $100 bills. | 可让你用百元大钞砌栋房子 |
[06:56] | And the best part was that upstairs… | 最棒的是… |
[06:58] | the Board of Directors didn’t know what the fuck was going on. | 上头董事会什么屁都不知道 |
[07:01] | To them everything looked on the up- and- up. | 在他们看来一切都干净俐落 没人动手脚 |
[07:04] | Right? Wrong. | 不是吗? 当然不 |
[07:05] | Verify $5,000. | 确认五千元 |
[07:06] | The guys in the counting room… | 在计算室的那些人… |
[07:09] | were all slipped in there to skim the joint dry. | 都是被派进去将里头吸干的 |
[07:12] | They’d do short counts, they’d lose fill slips. | 他们会少算钱 将计单弄掉 |
[07:15] | They’d even take cash right out of the drop- boxes. | 甚至直接从箱里拿走现款 |
[07:18] | And it was up to this guy right here… | 全是靠这家伙… |
[07:20] | standing in front of $2 million… | 站在两百万元前的这位… |
[07:22] | to skim the cash off the top without anybody getting wise… | 在被国税局或任何人发现前… |
[07:25] | the IRS or anybody. | 把钱摸走 |
[07:28] | Notice how in the count room nobody ever seems to see anything. | 在计算室里 好像都没人在看 |
[07:31] | Somehow, somebody’s always looking the other way. | 不知怎的 大家都视若无睹 |
[07:33] | Look at these guys. They look busy, right? | 看看这些家伙 他们看来真忙 不是吗? |
[07:36] | They’re counting money. Who wants to bother them? | 他们在算钱 谁会吵他们呢? |
[07:38] | I mean, God forbid they should make a mistake and forget to steal. | 我的意思是 天晓得他们会不会 犯了错而忘记偷钱 |
[07:42] | Meanwhile, you’re in and you’re out. | 这期间 你可来去自如 |
[07:45] | Past the jag- off guard who gets an extra $100 a week… | 走过那些鸟事不干的警卫 每礼拜还多拿一百元… |
[07:48] | just to watch the door. | 只为了看门 |
[07:50] | It’s routine. Business as usual… | 一如往常一样规律… |
[07:53] | in, out, hello, goodbye. | 走进 走出 你好 再见 |
[07:55] | That’s all there is to it. | 就这么简单 |
[07:57] | Just another fat fuck walking out of a casino with a suitcase. | 就只是个拎着皮箱 走出赌场的肥猪 |
[08:02] | Now, that suitcase was going straight to one place: | 但那口箱子 会直接送往一个地方 |
[08:04] | right to Kansas City, which was as close… | 堪萨斯市 那里是… |
[08:07] | to Las Vegas as the Midwest bosses could go… | 中部的老大能离拉斯维加斯最近的地方… |
[08:10] | without getting themselves arrested. | 而不用怕被逮捕 |
[08:12] | That suitcase was all the bosses ever wanted. | 老大们要的只是那口箱子 |
[08:16] | And they wanted it every month. | 每个月都要 |
[08:19] | 圣马利诺 意大利超市 | |
[08:24] | Now this old Mormon fuck here… | 这个摩门教的混蛋… |
[08:26] | he had to fly in with suitcases once a month, nice and easy. | 他每个月都得拿着箱子飞来 |
[08:30] | – Something smells good. – They made us something to eat. | -什么东西这么香? -他们做了好料的 |
[08:32] | The bosses would come from all over: | 老大们会从各地飞来… |
[08:35] | Detroit, Cleveland, Milwaukee… | 底特律 克里夫兰 密尔瓦基… |
[08:37] | all over the Midwest… | 整个中西部… |
[08:39] | and they would meet in this produce market in Kansas City. | 他们都会在这个位于堪萨斯市的市场碰面 |
[08:42] | Nobody even knew it. | 根本没人会知道 |
[08:44] | One of the guys made his mother do the cooking. | 有一个让他妈做菜 |
[08:46] | Do you ever see that guy Jerry Steriano? | 你有看到杰瑞·史塔瑞欧吗? |
[08:49] | These old greaseballs might not look it… | 这些老头们看来可能不怎么样 |
[08:51] | but believe me… | 但相信我… |
[08:53] | these are the guys who secretly controlled Las Vegas. | 他们才是赌城的秘密操纵者 |
[08:56] | Mama, that man’s here again. | 妈妈 那男人又来了 |
[08:57] | Because they controlled the Teamsters Union. | 因为他们控制着 全美卡车司机工会 |
[09:00] | And that’s where you had to go to borrow money to buy a casino. | 而要开赌场非得到那儿去借钱 |
[09:03] | – Would you put in shrimp? – I would. | -你要放虾吗? -我会的 |
[09:06] | Nobody got a Teamsters’ loan unless the guys in this room… | 要是这些家伙们每月拿不到这只小箱子… |
[09:10] | knew they were gonna get their little suitcases. | 那谁就都别想贷到款 |
[09:13] | Guys like this antique over here, out of Detroit. | 像这从底特律来的老家伙 |
[09:18] | Or especially guys like Remo Gaggi, the outfit’s top boss. | 或尤其是像利蒙·盖吉 这群人的首脑 |
[09:22] | You got a round figure on it? | 有大概数字吗? |
[09:23] | Definitely the most important guy in this room. | 绝对是这房里最重要的人物 |
[09:25] | – About 20 pounds. Around $700,000. – Good. | -十公斤 那就差不多七十万了 -很好 |
[09:29] | It’s a little early for Las Vegas… | 虽说对拉斯维加斯还有点早… |
[09:33] | but I want to welcome the ladies and gentlemen of the gaming industry…. | 但我想邀请赌博游乐业界的先生与小姐们… |
[09:37] | As far as the world was concerned… | 就以世界所知… |
[09:39] | Andy Stone, head of the Teamsters’ Pension Fund… | 安迪·史东 卡车司机工会退休基金会的负责人… |
[09:42] | was a legitimate guy. | 是个清白的人物 |
[09:45] | A powerful man. | 有权力的人 |
[09:47] | He played golf with the President. | 他与总统一同打高尔夫 |
[09:49] | On behalf of the Teamsters’ Pension Fund… | 代表卡车司机工会退休基金会… |
[09:51] | – I’m glad to present… – But he also took orders. | -我很高兴将这…-但安迪也听命于人 |
[09:54] | When he was told to give a pension- fund loan to Philip Green… | 当他被指示将基金贷款 贷给菲立浦·葛林… |
[09:57] | …this check for $62,700,000… | 六千两百七十万的支票… |
[10:00] | for the new Tangiers. | 给全新的坦吉乐 |
[10:02] | …he did what he was told. | 他就会乖乖听话 |
[10:04] | Here was the perfect front man. | 他可是最完美的傀儡 |
[10:06] | What the fuck else could he be? He didn’t know too much. | 他还能干嘛呢? 他什么都不知道 |
[10:09] | He didn’t want to know too much… | 也什么都不想知道… |
[10:10] | especially that the bosses made the Teamsters lend him money. | 尤其是老大们让工会借钱给他 |
[10:13] | He wanted to believe they gave him the money because he was smart. | 他想相信他们是因为 他的才智贷款给他 |
[10:17] | I say that knowing just how much competition we have in this city. | 我了解这城市的竞争性有多大 才会说出此话 |
[10:24] | And where they got Green from? | 他们从哪儿找来葛林的? |
[10:26] | Who the fuck knows? | 谁知道啊? |
[10:28] | All I know is that he was an Arizona real- estate hustler… | 我只知道他在亚利桑那州 是个房地产经纪… |
[10:30] | who barely had enough gas money to come and pick up his fucking check. | 却连开来拿支票的油钱 都差点付不出来 |
[10:35] | And it was the bosses’ man… | 是由老大的人… |
[10:35] | 美国中部 卡车司机工会退休基金 | |
[10:37] | Andy Stone, who gave all the orders. | 安迪·史东下所有的命令 |
[10:39] | Not the Chairman of the Board, Philip Green. | 并不是由董事会主席 菲立浦·葛林 |
[10:41] | I understand. | 我了解 |
[10:47] | Now all they needed was… | 现在只缺… |
[10:49] | someone they could trust to run the casino. | 一个可信任的人来管理赌场 |
[10:51] | And who better than Ace? He was already in Vegas a couple years… | 有谁比艾斯更适合? 他已经在赌城混了几年… |
[10:54] | and he had the fucking place clocked. | 他对这儿了若指掌 |
[10:57] | But typical Ace, give him a shot to run a casino… | 艾斯的一贯作风 你给他个管理赌场的机会… |
[11:00] | and he tries to talk you out of it. | 他还推三阻四 |
[11:01] | I don’t know if I could do this. | 我不知道自己行不行 |
[11:03] | The Gaming Commission would never give me a license. | 赌博游乐委员会绝不会 发执照给我的 |
[11:06] | I have at least 24 gambling and bookmaking pinches on me. | 我最起码有两打以上 赌博与赛马被逮的前科 |
[11:09] | You don’t have to have a license to work in a casino. | 在赌场工作不需要执照 |
[11:12] | All you gotta do is apply for one. | 你只需要去申请 |
[11:14] | The State law says that you can work in a casino… | 州法律允许你在申请期间… |
[11:17] | while they process your application. | 在赌场做事 |
[11:19] | They got a 10- year backlog. | 他们文件进度现在落后十年 |
[11:21] | What happens when they do find out? | 若他们发现了怎么办? |
[11:22] | Why would they want to find out? | 他们为什么会想发现? |
[11:24] | We’re putting $100 million here. Why would they lock us out? | 我们在这儿投资了一亿 他们何必赶我们走? |
[11:28] | They’ll never find out. All you gotta do is keep changing your job title. | 他们不会发现的 你只需要一直改变职位头衔 |
[11:32] | Like, from Casino Executive to Food and Beverage Chairman. | 像从赌场执行长改到 餐饮主席 |
[11:35] | Then they put your application at the bottom of the pile. | 然后他们又会将你的申请表 摆到最下面去 |
[11:40] | I know guys who’ve worked there for 30 years don’t have a license. | 我有大把的员工 已经工作三十年了还没执照 |
[11:45] | It’s a tough proposition, Andy. | 这不是容易的决定 安迪 |
[11:47] | If I did it, I’d have to run it my way. | 若我去做 得让我用我的方式 |
[11:49] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[11:50] | I’m serious. No interference. | 我说真的 不能有干涉 |
[11:53] | Nobody’s gonna interfere with your running the casino. | 没有人会干涉你管理赌场 |
[11:56] | I guarantee it. | 我保证 |
[12:00] | And that’s how they got Ace to take over. | 艾斯就是这样接手的 |
[12:03] | They wanted him because Ace ate, slept and breathed gambling. | 要艾斯是因为 他不管是吃喝拉撒睡时都在赌 |
[12:11] | They worked out a real cute job title, too… | 他们还给了他个很可爱的头衔… |
[12:13] | Tangiers Public Relations Director. | 坦吉乐公关理事 |
[12:16] | But the only thing he ever directed was the casino. | 但他只管赌场 |
[12:19] | He made his first bet when he was 15, and he always made money. | 他从十五岁时第一次下注就没输过 |
[12:24] | He didn’t bet like you or me. | 他不像你我那样赌 |
[12:26] | Having some fun with it, shit like that. | 就为了他妈的好玩 |
[12:28] | Where did you learn how to deal? | 你在哪儿学当庄家的? |
[12:31] | He bet like a fucking brain surgeon. | 他下注时就像是脑部外科医生一样 |
[12:33] | Place the checks properly. | 筹码得摆对 |
[12:35] | – That’s the way you do it. – Yes, sir. | -像这样 -是的 |
[12:37] | He had to know everything. | 他得洞悉一切 |
[12:39] | He’d find out the inside stuff nobody else knew… | 他知道没人晓得的内幕… |
[12:41] | and that’s what he’d put his money on. | 他会根据此下注 |
[12:46] | Even back home, years ago… | 就连在老家时 |
[12:49] | when we first hung out, he’d know if the quarterback was on coke… | 当我们刚认识的时候…他都知道四分卫有没有吸可卡因 |
[12:52] | I’ll take Columbia for $20,000. | 我赌哥伦比亚两万 |
[12:53] | …if his girlfriend was knocked up. | 或他的女友是否怀孕 |
[12:56] | He’d get the wind velocity so he could judge the field goals. | 他会去测风速 只为了预测射门得分 |
[12:59] | He even figured out the bounce you got off different kinds of wood… | 他算出了篮球场上… |
[13:03] | on college basketball courts. | 不同木材质地板的弹性 |
[13:05] | He’d be working on this day and night. | 他从早到晚都在做这些 |
[13:07] | He knew everything about a game he would bet on. | 他对他要下注的赌局 了若指掌 |
[13:10] | Ace got down at $6,000. Get me down at $6,000. | 艾斯下了六千 我也跟下六千 |
[13:14] | Season after season… | 一季又一季… |
[13:15] | the prick was the only guaranteed winner I ever knew. | 那小子是我唯一认识的绝对赢家 |
[13:18] | But he was so serious about it all… | 但他那么认真下注… |
[13:20] | that I don’t think he ever enjoyed himself. | 在我看来他从不放轻松享受享受 |
[13:22] | But that’s just the way he was. | 但那就是他 |
[13:25] | Back then, the bosses didn’t give a fuck whether he enjoyed himself or not. | 当时 老大们也不会在乎他享不享受 |
[13:29] | To them, he was a cash register. | 对他们而言 他像是棵摇钱树 |
[13:32] | All they had to do was ring the bell and take money. | 他们只要摇一摇就可拿钱 |
[13:35] | Especially Remo… | 尤其利蒙… |
[13:36] | who was a fucking degenerate gambler who always lost. | 他是个逢赌必输的衰客 |
[13:42] | All those fucking sweeps. | 这么多满贯 |
[13:43] | – Unless Ace made his bets. – Enough now! | -除非艾斯下注 -真是够了! |
[13:47] | Ace made more money for them on a weekend… | 艾斯一个周末为他们赚的钱… |
[13:49] | than I could do heisting joints for a month. | 比我抢劫一个月的还多 |
[13:52] | Whatever Ace picked up on the street, he told Remo. | 艾斯将他听到的小道消息 都告诉了利蒙 |
[13:56] | Fixed fights, doped horses… | 内定的拳赛 下了药的马… |
[13:58] | crooked fucking zebras, locked- in point spreads. | 买通的裁判 预定的分数 |
[14:02] | He told fucking Remo everything. | 他什么屁都告诉了利蒙 |
[14:04] | And, to tell you the truth, I don’t blame him. | 说真的 我也不能怪他 |
[14:08] | Keeping Remo happy with money… | 用钱财让利蒙快乐… |
[14:09] | was the greatest insurance policy in the world. | 是世上最好的保险 |
[14:13] | Son of a bitch! | 王八蛋! |
[14:14] | How did you get Oklahoma- Michigan? | 你怎么知道是 奥克拉荷马或密西根 |
[14:17] | Nobody ever had Oklahoma…. How’d you do it? | 根本没人猜到奥克拉荷马 你是怎么办到的? |
[14:19] | That’s why they paid so well. | 所以他们才赔得高啊 |
[14:21] | You see? Never tells me nothing. | 你看吧? 什么都不跟我说 |
[14:24] | What do we got on for next week? | 下礼拜的怎么样? |
[14:26] | It’s a little too early. I’ll know by Thursday. Is that all right? | 现在还太早了 我得要星期四才知道 可以吗? |
[14:29] | – You’ll come by the house? – I’ll come by. | -你会来家里吗? -我会绕过来的 |
[14:32] | At 7:00. | 七点 |
[14:34] | Good job, my boy. Keep it up. | 做得好 小子 继续啊 |
[14:37] | Hey, Nick. | 嘿 尼克 |
[14:39] | I’ll be right out. | 我马上去 |
[14:42] | See that guy? Keep a good eye on him. | 看到那家伙了吗? 好好看着他 |
[14:45] | He’s making a lot of money for us. | 他为我们赚了很多钱 |
[14:47] | And he’ll continue making money for us, so keep a good eye on him. | 他会继续为我们赚钱 所以你得好好看着他 |
[14:51] | Not like the fucking Feds out there, without brains. | 不像你外面那群没脑的政府关员 |
[14:54] | – Okay? – All right. | -好吗? -没问题 |
[14:57] | Want me to take this? | 要我带走吗? |
[14:58] | Now, on top of everything else… | 所以这么多事之外… |
[15:00] | I gotta make sure nobody fucks with the Golden Jew. | 我还得担保 没人会动我们的大红人 |
[15:03] | Couple of shooters for the ladies. | 帮小姐们倒几杯酒 |
[15:06] | Yeah, we made a great pair. | 我们真是好搭挡 |
[15:09] | I made book and Nicky made sure we always collected. | 我下注而尼奇负责收钱 |
[15:12] | The old men loved us, and why not? | 老头子们爱死我们了 |
[15:14] | They all made money with us. | 他们全靠我们赚钱 |
[15:17] | How did Nicky collect? | 尼奇怎么收钱? |
[15:18] | Don’t ask. | 别问 |
[15:20] | Then where the fuck is the money? I don’t see it. | 钱他妈的在哪儿? 我没见到 |
[15:23] | – Hi, Melissa, Heidi. – Hi, Sam. | -你们好 玛莉莎 海蒂 -你好 山姆 |
[15:26] | Who’s this guy? | 那是谁? |
[15:27] | – Get the fuck out. I laid nine. – It was eight. | -去你的 我下九 -是八 |
[15:30] | Ace, tell him the line on the Bears game. | 艾斯告诉他芝加哥小熊队的注 |
[15:33] | – Eight. – If he don’t know, nobody knows. | -八 -他要不知道 就没人知道了 |
[15:36] | – It was eight. – How come I laid nine? | -是八 -那我怎么算成九? |
[15:38] | ‘Cause you’re a jag- off. | 因为你是个蠢才 |
[15:40] | – Excuse me. – What? | -对不起? -什么? |
[15:42] | – Isthis your pen? – Yeah, that’s my pen. Why? | -这是你的笔吗? -是我的 怎样? |
[15:46] | It’s nice. I didn’t know whose it was. | 很好看 我不知道是谁的 |
[15:48] | I didn’t want it to get lost. | 我不想它弄丢 |
[15:50] | Thank you. Why don’t you take that fucking pen… | 谢谢 你为什么不拿那只笔… |
[15:52] | and shove it up your ass, you fucking jag- off? | 捅到你屁眼里去 你这蠢才 |
[15:57] | – Well, I was just offering – Asshole. | -我只是…-王八蛋 |
[15:59] | Look out, Joe. | 小心 乔 |
[16:22] | What’s that? You hear a little girl? | 那是什么? 你有没有听到女孩哭? |
[16:24] | Is that a little fucking girl? | 是个小女孩吗? |
[16:27] | What happened to the tough guy… | 刚叫我朋友捅什么的… |
[16:28] | who told my friend to stick it up his fucking ass? | 那个硬汉呢? |
[16:31] | Nicky, take it easy. | 尼奇 够了 |
[16:41] | While I tried to figure out why the guy said what he said… | 我还在想那人 为什么这么说时… |
[16:44] | Nicky just hit him. | 尼奇就动手了 |
[16:46] | No matter how big a guy might be, Nicky would take him on. | 不管一个人多大个子 尼奇都会跟他拼命 |
[16:49] | You beat Nicky with fists, he comes back with a bat. | 你拿拳头打他 他就会拿球棒回你 |
[16:53] | You beat him with a knife, he comes back with a gun. | 你拿刀捅他 他就会用枪射你 |
[16:56] | If you beat him with a gun, you’d better kill him… | 你若拿枪射他 那你最好是杀了他… |
[16:59] | because he’ll keep coming back and back… | 因为他会一直不停的回来… |
[17:02] | until one of you is dead. | 直到你挂了为止 |
[17:14] | With me protecting Ace… | 由我保护艾斯… |
[17:15] | he made a fortune for the bosses. | 他为老大们狠狠赚了一票 |
[17:19] | That’s what got him to Vegas. | 这就是他来赌城的原因 |
[17:22] | He was a money machine. | 他根本就是印钞机 |
[17:25] | A tremendous earner for these guys. | 为这些家伙赚大钱 |
[17:28] | As soon as he took over, he doubled the fucking drop. | 他一来就把供金增加了一倍 |
[17:32] | With Ace, the casino never saw so much money. | 艾斯来后 赌场从就没见过 那么多的钱 |
[17:35] | And the bosses, they couldn’t be happier. | 老大们当然是笑不拢嘴 |
[17:55] | In Vegas, I had to keep a few juiced- in local cowboys working. | 在赌城 我还得跟附近有关系的一些牛仔找事做 |
[17:59] | They were close to the good old boys. | 他们与老家伙们很熟 |
[18:02] | Without us, these guys would still be shoveling mule shit. | 要不是我们 那些家伙现在都还在铲驴粪 |
[18:05] | You’ve got to keep a cleaner station. | 场子得保持干净 |
[18:07] | If you need Mr. Clean, page him. | 需要清洁工就呼叫他 |
[18:09] | Won’t happen again, Sam. | 下次不会了 山姆 |
[18:11] | – Mr. Rothstein. – It won’t happen again, Mr. Rothstein. | -罗斯坦先生 -下次不会了 罗斯坦先生 |
[18:15] | Is this guy just another dumb fucking white man, or what? | 这家伙又是一个蠢白人吗? |
[18:18] | – You need this guy. – Can’t get rid of him? | -你需要他 -弄不走是吗? |
[18:20] | He’s juiced in. He’s the County Commissioner’s cousin. | 他有关系的 他是县辅导的表兄弟 |
[18:23] | I wouldn’t give the bum a mop job. | 我连清洁工都不会给他做 |
[18:25] | I had no choice. I had to take care of them. | 别无选择 我必须照顾他们 |
[18:28] | These yokels ran the state. | 这些乡巴佬当权 |
[18:30] | Thanks, Senator. | 多谢 议员 |
[18:31] | – They passed the laws, owned the courts. – I need a room. | -他们立法 又掌管法院 -我要开房间 |
[18:35] | I had dozens of politicians and state officials coming through weekly. | 我每周都有十多个政客来访 |
[18:39] | – Get him what he wants. – Certainly. | -他要什么都给他 -当然 |
[18:41] | Why not make them happy? | 何不让他们快乐? |
[18:55] | For politicians, like our State Senator up there… | 对于政客 例如我们这位州议员… |
[18:58] | everything was on the house. | 一切都是免费的 |
[18:59] | These guys won their comped life when they got elected. | 他们的招待生涯 在当选时就赢得了 |
[19:03] | Why not take advantage of it? | 何不加以利用? |
[19:05] | Still, the politicians came cheap. We could handle them. | 政客还是小事 我们解决的了 |
[19:09] | It’s a whale, like K.K. Ichikawa… | 是像市川那种… |
[19:12] | who plays $30, 000 a hand in baccarat. | 百家乐一把下三万的豪赌客 |
[19:14] | That’s the one you really gotta watch. | 这种才该看紧 |
[19:16] | He plays fast and big. He has the cash and the credit… | 他下注动作快 玩得大 他的资金雄厚… |
[19:20] | to turn out your lights. | 足可把你玩垮 |
[19:22] | A year ago he cleaned out a couple of casinos in the Cayman Islands. | 一年前他让开曼群岛上 好几家赌场洗底 |
[19:26] | Downstairs he takes us for $2 million… | 他从赌场赢了我们两百万… |
[19:28] | and upstairs he takes free soap, shampoo and towels. | 又从酒店套房拿了免费的肥皂 洗发精与毛巾 |
[19:32] | Another billionaire cheapskate who loved his free rooms… | 又是一个喜爱免费套房… |
[19:36] | free private jets and $2 million of our money. | 免费私人飞机又赚得我们两百万的亿万富翁小气鬼 |
[19:40] | But we got him back. | 我们也不好惹 |
[19:42] | I had our pilot tell him the plane was on the fritz. | 我让机师告诉他飞机故障 |
[19:44] | – What went wrong? – I’m awfully sorry. | -发生什么事? -非常抱歉 |
[19:47] | These mechanical things happen. | 是机械故障 |
[19:49] | Better here than up there. | 在这儿总比在上面好 |
[19:52] | Then he missed the flights connecting with Japan. | 然后他赶不上回日本的飞机 |
[19:55] | I can’t believe there’s no room. | 竟然没有空房 |
[20:02] | We got him back with a whole floor of rooms to himself. | 我们给了他一整楼的房间 |
[20:06] | – Sorry you missed your plane. – You’d like some of my money back. | -真抱歉让你赶不上飞机 -你想要赢回我的钱啊 |
[20:09] | Oh, no. No gambling. | 不 不赌了 |
[20:13] | And once he was back, he played small. | 他回来后开始下小注 |
[20:19] | He bet $1,000 a hand, instead of his usual $30,000 a hand. | 一把只赌一千 而不是平常的三万一把 |
[20:26] | But I knew the trick with whales like Ichikawa… | 但我知道这些豪赌客的习性… |
[20:29] | was that they can’t bet small for long. | 他们不可能一直下小注的 |
[20:32] | He didn’t think of it as winning $10, 000… | 他不觉得是赢一万… |
[20:34] | he thought of it as losing $90, 000. | 他会想成是输九万… |
[20:37] | So, he upped his bets. | 所以他开始加码 |
[20:43] | Until he dropped his winnings back and gave up $1 million of his own cash. | 直到他将赢得的输光 再加上自己一百万的现金 |
[20:50] | In a casino, the cardinal rule is to keep them playing… | 在赌场里 第一原则就是 让他们一直赌… |
[20:53] | and keep them coming back. | 也让他们一直回来 |
[20:55] | The longer they play, the more they lose. | 赌得越多就输得越多 |
[20:58] | In the end, we get it all. | 最终钱就都是我们的 |
[21:09] | In Vegas, everybody’s gotta watch everybody else. | 在赌城 每个人都得注意着别人 |
[21:15] | Since the players are looking to beat the casino… | 玩家是来赢赌场钱的… |
[21:19] | the dealers are watching the players… | 庄家得看好玩家… |
[21:24] | the boxmen are watching the dealers… | 收付赌注得看好庄家… |
[21:27] | the floormen are watching the boxmen… | 管场的注意着收付赌注的人… |
[21:30] | the pit bosses are watching the floormen… | 赌区经理看着管场的… |
[21:32] | the shift bosses are watching the pit bosses… | 值班经理看着赌区经理… |
[21:35] | the casino manager is watching the shift bosses… | 赌场经理看着值班经理… |
[21:38] | I’m watching the casino manager… | 我则看着赌场经理… |
[21:41] | and the eye in the sky is watching us all. | 而监视照相机看着我们大家 |
[21:48] | Plus, we had a dozen guys… | 另外 还有十多个家伙… |
[21:50] | most of them ex- cheats, who knew every trick in the house. | 大多以前都是老千 他们知道所有的骗术 |
[22:15] | Yes! | 好啊! |
[22:16] | – Very nice. – I told you I was hot tonight. | -非常好 -我就跟你说我今天很旺 |
[22:31] | Looking good. | 好样的 |
[22:33] | Let’s go. This is for Ginger. | 来吧 为了金吉儿 快 |
[22:35] | Let me have $100 on your hard 10. | 一百赌你没老A |
[22:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:40] | Here we go now. | 来吧 |
[22:52] | – Oh, I’m sorry. – The dice. | -对不起 -骰子 |
[22:56] | Thank you very much. | 多谢 |
[23:00] | I appreciate that. | 多谢你 |
[23:02] | Take care, Steve. Take chances, drive fast. | 保重 史蒂夫 要冒险啊 开快车 |
[23:06] | This $100 is for you, love. Thanks for your time. | 这一百给你 甜心 多谢你赏光 |
[23:10] | – Come on. – What’s the matter? | -快点 -怎么了? |
[23:13] | I made a lot of money for you, I want my cut. | 我帮你赚了不少 我要我的份 |
[23:16] | What money? I’ve seen you stealing. | 什么钱? 我看到你偷钱 |
[23:18] | “What money?” Look at the stack of chips. | “什么钱?” 你看看这堆筹码 |
[23:20] | – I want my half. – I’ve watched you. | -我要我的一半 -我观察你一夜了 |
[23:22] | – I want my money. – Your bag is full of chips. | -我要我的钱 -你皮包里全是熟筹码 |
[23:25] | – I didn’t steal anything from you. – Get lost! | -我才没偷你的东西 -滚吧! |
[23:28] | – Get lost? – Yes! | -滚吧? -没错! |
[23:30] | – Well, how about that? – Come on! | -这怎么样呢? -别这样! |
[24:24] | What a move. I fell in love right there. | 真酷 让我一见钟情 |
[24:27] | But in Vegas, for a girl like Ginger, love costs money. | 但在赌城 像金吉儿这样的女孩 得花上大钱 |
[24:36] | I’m gonna go powder my nose. | 我去补个妆 |
[24:49] | – Ginger’s mission in life was money. – I’ll be right back. | -金吉儿的人生目标是钱 -马上回来 |
[24:53] | – See you. – Thanks for asking. | -待会见 -多谢你 |
[24:55] | She was a queen around the casino. | 她在赌场可是皇后 |
[24:57] | She brought in high rollers and helped them spend a lot of money. | 她召来大赌客 并也帮他们花大钱 |
[25:00] | – Hello. – Hey, Ginger. How you doing? | -你好 -嘿 金吉儿 你好吗? |
[25:03] | Great. You might have something for me. Got me covered? | 好得很 一点小意思 你帮我搞定了吗? |
[25:06] | – Thank you. – Take care of yourself. | -非常感谢 -自己保重喔 |
[25:09] | I got some lucky pills for you, Andy. | 我有些幸运丸给你 安迪 |
[25:11] | Who didn’t want her? She was one of the best known… | 谁不想要金吉儿? 她是城里名声最响亮… |
[25:14] | best liked and most respected hustlers in town. | 也是道上最受欢迎的江湖人物 |
[25:21] | Smart hustlers like her could keep a guy awake… | 像她这么聪明的玩家 可以让男人… |
[25:24] | for two or three days before sending him home broke… | 两三天不睡 然后再让他一文不名的… |
[25:26] | to the little woman and his bank examiners. | 回到老婆与银行审查主任身边 |
[25:44] | Any change? | 有找钱吗? |
[25:46] | Oh, I hit a few games on the way back. | 我回来时小赌了几把 |
[25:51] | But that was all bullshit. She just pocketed the cash. | 那根本是胡扯 她把钱收起来了 |
[25:57] | – How you doing tonight? – Good. | -你今天好吗? -不错啊 |
[25:59] | – How are you? – Beat. | -你呢? -衰死了 |
[26:01] | – Ginger had the hustlers’ code. – Take one for you. | -金吉儿洞悉玩家们的习性 -给你一百 |
[26:04] | – Thank you. – She knew how to take care of people. | -多谢 -她懂得如何买通他人 |
[26:07] | That’s what Vegas is all about. | 这就是赌城的座右铭 |
[26:10] | – $6,800. – Thanks. | -六千八百元 -谢啦 |
[26:12] | – It’s kickback city. – Have a good night. | -这里是讲究回扣的城市 -晚安 |
[26:21] | She took care of the dealers… | 她罩庄家… |
[26:23] | pit bosses, floor managers… | 赌区经理 管场经理… |
[26:25] | but, mostly, the valet parkers… | 但尤其关照停车小弟… |
[26:28] | the guys who could get you anything and take care of anything. | 他们能帮你找到任何东西 也能帮你解决任何事 |
[26:31] | Ginger took care of the parkers… | 金吉儿搞定了停车的… |
[26:33] | who took care of the security guards, who took care of the cops… | 他们搞定警卫 而警卫会摆平警察… |
[26:37] | – who let her operate. – I need that stuff tonight. | -让她可继续开工 -我今晚需要那东西 |
[26:40] | – No problem. – You are a doll. | -没问题 -你真好 |
[26:42] | The valet parking job was such a money- maker… | 停车赚的钱多到… |
[26:44] | they had to pay off the hotel manager just to get the concession. | 得买通酒店经理才能排上空缺 |
[26:50] | But one thing I didn’t understand… | 不过有一点我不懂… |
[26:52] | was that she had everything under control… | 她将一切都控制的好好的… |
[26:55] | except for her old pimp boyfriend, Lester Diamond. | 却被她那拉皮条的男友 莱丝特·戴蒙德吃得死死的 |
[26:57] | I got other people in this. I got partners. | 我得顾到其他人 我的搭挡们 |
[27:01] | I’m looking out for you in this thing, okay? | 在这事上有我罩你 知道吗? |
[27:05] | You’ll get yours back, and you’ll get it back first. Okay? | 你将获你应得的 而且第一个拿到 好吗? |
[27:09] | – All right. – Where you going? | -好的 -你去哪儿了? |
[27:12] | Where are you? You’re in that place. | 你在哪儿? 你又飘走了 |
[27:14] | – I’m here. – No, you’re not. | -我在这儿 -不 你不在 |
[27:16] | Where are you? | 你在哪? |
[27:19] | I’m always here for you. | 我永远在你身边 |
[27:22] | – You are. – I am. | -真的 -是啊 |
[27:26] | The Ginger I knew wouldn’t even look at this creep. | 我所认识的金吉儿 根本不会多看这怪胎一眼 |
[27:30] | – Good luck. – Yeah. | -祝你好运 -是啊 |
[27:32] | He was a moocher, a card cheat… | 他是个老千 专作假牌… |
[27:33] | a country club golf hustler, a scumbag… | 老在高尔夫俱乐部招摇撞骗 一个瘪三… |
[27:36] | – chasing dentists for a few bucks. – Careful. | -为了几块钱追着牙医屁股跑 -小心点 |
[27:39] | He was always broke. He always had a story. | 他永远都没钱 永远都有藉口 |
[27:42] | Somehow, she could never turn him down. | 不知为何 她却拒绝不了他 |
[27:44] | The way Ginger saw it was that he was just an unlucky guy. | 在金吉儿眼里 他只是运气不好 |
[27:48] | Somebody had to take care of him. | 总得有人照顾他 |
[27:51] | But nobody had to take care of Nicky. | 但尼奇可不需要人照顾 |
[27:53] | You find any cash in there, we’ll whack it up with you. | 你找到现金的话 我们就跟你平分 |
[27:56] | He took care of himself only too well. | 他把自己照顾得太好了 |
[27:58] | That’s why every badge back home wanted to nail him. | 这也是为什么老家的条子 都想抓他到案 |
[28:01] | I folded these things beautifully. I would appreciate a little respect. | 我将这些都折得好好的 能不能放尊重点 |
[28:05] | Don’t look at me, pal, I gotta live with her. | 别看我 兄弟 我还得跟她同床共枕 |
[28:08] | Even after a vacation, they hassled him at the airport. | 就连去渡个假 他们在机场时都不放过他 |
[28:11] | Frank Marino was there to meet him. So were the cops. | 法兰克·玛雷诺在那儿等他 条子们也在 |
[28:14] | They wanted to pinch him… | 他们想逮他… |
[28:16] | – for a diamond burglary in Antwerp. – Help me fold these. | -因为一宗在安特卫普的钻石窃案 -帮忙折吧 |
[28:18] | They were ready to blame him for anything, no matter where. | 他们随时愿意嫁祸于他 不管是在哪儿发生什么事 |
[28:22] | They were usually right. | 他们通常是对的 |
[28:24] | Because Nicky enjoyed being a gangster. | 因为尼奇很喜欢混帮派 |
[28:26] | And he didn’t give a damn who knew it. | 他也不在乎有谁知道 |
[28:29] | There we go. Look at that. Beautiful! | 看看 美极了 |
[28:32] | I mean that’s what worried me… | 让我担心的是… |
[28:34] | ’cause it turns out, Nicky was about to be sent to Vegas. | 尼奇似乎要被派来拉斯维加斯 |
[28:37] | – All right, we’re clear. – There’s more. | -好了 就这样 -还有 |
[28:41] | There’s a couple stuck in there. | 一定还有些卡在里面 |
[28:43] | – I’m telling you, they’re out! – Come on. | -我告诉你都拿出来了 -快 |
[28:45] | Don’t get so defensive, it could be stuck in your hair. | 别急于辩护 可能还有些卡在你头发里 |
[28:50] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[28:52] | There’s no more. Thanks. | 没有了 谢谢 |
[28:54] | I couldn’t wait to get my hands on Vegas. | 我迫不及待想去拉斯维加斯 |
[28:57] | But the bosses didn’t send me out to have a good time. | 但老大可不是送我去玩的 |
[29:00] | They sent me out to make sure that nobody fucked with Ace. | 他们要我去确保 没人找艾斯的麻烦 |
[29:03] | And nobody interfered with the fucking skim. | 也确保没人干扰每月的抽头 |
[29:08] | – Hey. – Hey, how you doing? | -嘿 -你好吗? |
[29:11] | Hey, Sammy. | 嘿 山姆 |
[29:13] | – Boy, look at this place. – Incredible. | -天呀 瞧瞧这地方 -不可思议 |
[29:17] | Welcome to Vegas. | 欢迎来赌城 |
[29:18] | – Okay, Sammy. – Something, huh? | -好样的 山姆 -不错吧 |
[29:21] | Ginger. | 金吉儿 |
[29:27] | Holy shit. What’ve you been doing out here? | 靠 你都在这儿干嘛? |
[29:30] | Honey, come here. | 甜心 过来 |
[29:33] | This is Jennifer and Nick. They’re dear friends of mine. | 这是珍妮佛与尼克 我的好朋友们 |
[29:36] | – Hi, Jennifer. – A pleasure. | -你好 珍妮佛 -幸会 |
[29:40] | Okay, Sammy. | 好样的 山姆 |
[29:42] | After we ate, we left Jennifer and Ginger… | 晚餐后 我们让珍妮佛与金吉儿一块儿… |
[29:45] | and we took a ride to talk. | 我们俩则出去谈话 |
[29:47] | And then, he hit me with it. | 然后他对我丢了颗炸弹 |
[29:49] | What do you think about me moving out here? | 你觉得我也搬来如何? |
[29:54] | You got a problem with that? | 有问题吗? |
[29:56] | No, of course not. | 当然没有 |
[29:58] | You mean I have your permission? | 你是说你允许啰? |
[30:00] | Sure, you do. But I just gotta tell you… | 当然啰 但我得告诉你… |
[30:02] | it’s no joke out here. | 在这儿可不能开玩笑 |
[30:04] | You gotta keep a low profile. | 你得保持低调 |
[30:06] | It’s not like back home. They don’t like guys like us. | 不像是在老家 这儿他们不喜欢我们 |
[30:09] | This sheriff’s a real cowboy. | 警长是个不折不扣的牛仔 |
[30:12] | Even coppers aren’t afraid to bury people in the desert. | 连巡警都不怕在沙漠里埋人 |
[30:14] | I don’t care. I want to get away from back home for a while. | 我不在乎 我只想离开老家一阵子 |
[30:17] | I’m tired of that shit back there. | 我厌倦了那里 |
[30:19] | Look at this place. It’s made of money. | 看看这地方 简直是钱砌的 |
[30:21] | You know what the best part is? | 知道最屌的是什么? |
[30:23] | Nobody’s gonna know what we’re doing. | 没人知道我们在干嘛 |
[30:25] | There’s nobody here to see us. Everybody’s back home. | 没人看着我们 大家都在老家 |
[30:28] | I got pinched twice for no reason. | 我无缘故被逮了两次 |
[30:30] | I really gotta be careful. | 我真得小心了 |
[30:32] | I’m running a licensed place. Everything’s legit. | 我管理的地方是有执照的 全是合法的 |
[30:34] | Don’t worry about it. I’m not gonna do anything. | 别担心 我什么都不会做的 |
[30:37] | I’m especially not gonna involve you in anything. | 我尤其不会拖你下水 |
[30:43] | Ace saw Vegas one way… | 艾斯看赌城的观点… |
[30:45] | – Call and tell him I’m coming? – Of course. | -你跟他说过我要来吗? -当然 |
[30:47] | …but I saw it another. | 我的看法不同 |
[30:49] | I saw it as untouched. | 我视它为未开发的 |
[30:54] | They had bookies, pimps, and drug dealers I could shake down. | 多的是可勒索的赌马组头 皮条客与毒贩… |
[30:58] | Who the fuck were they gonna run to? | 他们能找谁靠? |
[31:00] | So I started getting everybody in line. | 我开始一个一个下手 |
[31:02] | Best of all, for the first time in my life… | 最屌的是 我这辈子第一次… |
[31:04] | I figured out a way not to lose. | 发觉了稳赢的方法 |
[31:07] | He had a foolproof scheme. | 他是有个稳赢之计 |
[31:09] | It wasn’t very scientific, but it worked. | 虽然不高明 但起码行得通 |
[31:11] | When he won, he collected. | 他赢时就收钱 |
[31:13] | When he lost, he told the bookies to fuck off. | 输时就叫赌马组头去死 |
[31:15] | What were they gonna do? Muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle. | 他们能怎样? 逼迫尼奇? 尼奇就是逼迫者 |
[31:19] | – Hey, how you doing? – How you doing? | -你好吗? -你好吗? |
[31:22] | – You got that thing for me? – What thing? | -你有东西给我吗? -什么东西? |
[31:24] | Nicky, I thought you was laying. | 尼奇 我以为你是来下注的 |
[31:27] | I was laying? No, I’m taking it. | 下注? 不 我来收钱 |
[31:29] | – You sure? – I’m positive. | -你确定? -非常 |
[31:32] | – I’m a little confused. – You’re a little confused? | -我搞混了 -你搞混了? |
[31:36] | Maybe if I stick your fucking face through this window… | 或许在我把你的脸砸过这窗户后… |
[31:39] | you’ll get unconfused. | 你就会清楚点 |
[31:40] | – Give me the fucking money. – I’m sorry. | -把钱他妈的给我 -对不起 |
[31:42] | I didn’t mean anything by it. | 我不是故意的 |
[31:44] | That’s why you had it ready. You thought I was laying it. | 所以你连钱都准备好了 你他妈的以为我要下注 |
[31:46] | – My fucking head. – Smarten up. | -我的头 -放聪明点 |
[31:50] | And now Nicholas Santoro will come up and tell us about our first President. | 而现在尼可拉斯·山多罗 要来跟我们说第一总统的故事了 |
[31:58] | George Washington was born | 乔治华盛顿出生在… |
[32:00] | But still, it was nice and quiet for a while. | 但最起码还风平浪静了一阵子 |
[32:03] | We presented Nicky and Jennifer all over town… | 我们带着尼奇与珍妮佛满街亮相… |
[32:06] | like regular Ozzie and Harriets. | 像是明星似的 |
[32:09] | You got a beautiful swing. | 你棒挥得很好 |
[32:11] | Ace got Little Nicky involved with Little League. It was great. | 艾斯让我儿子小尼奇 参加市区青少棒 真的很好 |
[32:14] | Turned out that one of the other coaches was a metro intelligence cop. | 结果其中的一位教练 是市立警察局情报单位的 |
[32:18] | But it didn’t matter. It was all about the kids. | 不过无所谓 这纯粹是孩子的事 |
[32:21] | He’s gotta realize everything can’t be a home run. | 他得明白不是每棒都能挥出全垒打 |
[32:23] | That’s exactly what I tell him, but that’s the kind of kid he is. | 我也是这样告诉他 不过那小子就是这样 |
[32:29] | And Nicky being Nicky, he made his presence known. | 尼奇就是尼奇 他总是引人注目 |
[32:32] | Especially at the casino where he definitely did not work… | 尤其是在他不工作的赌场 |
[32:36] | people got the message. | 大家都明白 |
[32:37] | Me, that’s why the bosses sent me out here. | 就是我 这也是老大为何派我来 |
[32:40] | I was to make sure no other crews robbed the joint. | 我是来确定 没有其他人在拿这儿的钱 |
[32:43] | Like these two fucking balloon heads over here. | 像在那边的那两个蠢才 |
[32:46] | They were gonna try to bang us out of $200, 000. | 想从我们这儿骗走二十万 |
[32:48] | Yeah, right, I’m sure. | 走着瞧 |
[32:50] | How are you? What are you doing here? | 你好吗? 你怎么会在这儿? |
[32:52] | I’m over here now. | 我到这儿来了 |
[32:54] | – You’re over here? – Yeah, I’m over here with them. | -到这儿来? -是啊 跟他们一起 |
[33:01] | We’re waiting on Carmine. | 我们在等卡尔曼 |
[33:02] | Yeah, we’re looking for Carmine. | 是啊 在等卡尔曼 |
[33:04] | He was here before. He had a suitcase, and then he left. | 他本来在这儿 拿了口箱子后来就走了 |
[33:08] | Carmine left? | 卡尔曼走了? |
[33:12] | He’s gone? | 他走了吗? |
[33:14] | He’s not here? | 他不在这儿? |
[33:19] | Carmine’s out? | 他出去了? |
[33:22] | I think he went across the street or somewhere else or something. | 他好像过了马路还是什么的 |
[33:28] | Well, listen, good luck with the joint. | 是喔 听着 祝你在这儿好运 |
[33:31] | – Thanks, Eddy. – Lots of luck. | -谢啦 艾迪 -非常好运 |
[33:33] | Good luck to you, too. | 也祝你好运 |
[33:35] | They forgot to sign their papers. | 他们忘了签名 |
[33:38] | They don’t need those anymore. | 他们不需要这个了 |
[33:41] | Out of respect, guys from other crews got away with a warning. | 因为基本尊重 我只给别帮家伙一点警告 |
[33:44] | Everybody else, watch out. | 其他的人可得小心了 |
[33:47] | Like these yokels here… | 像这群乡巴佬… |
[33:49] | who never heard of Nicky or the bosses back home. | 从没听过尼奇或他老家的老大们 |
[33:51] | They’re the morons who give you the most trouble. | 这种王八蛋最麻烦了 |
[33:54] | We’d catch them and they’d try to sneak back… | 被我们抓到后又会溜回来… |
[33:56] | with beards and wigs and fake noses. | 戴着假胡子 假发 假鼻子 |
[34:00] | You can spot these assholes by watching the way they bet. | 只要看这些王八蛋下注的方式 你就可辨认他们 |
[34:03] | Like this guy. He’s betting lavender chips… | 像这家伙 以紫筹码下注… |
[34:06] | at $500 each with only one little problem. | 每次下五百 不过只有个小问题 |
[34:08] | He’s always guessed right. | 他每次都猜对 |
[34:13] | If he wasn’t so fucking greedy, he’d have been tougher to spot. | 要不是他这么贪心 可能还不会这么明显 |
[34:17] | But in the end, they’re all greedy. | 不过到头来 他们每个都贪 |
[34:37] | I saw that the dealer was weak, but he wasn’t in on it. | 我看到庄家很弱 但他们并不是一伙的 |
[34:40] | He just wasn’t protecting his hand. | 他只是没保护好自己的牌 |
[34:42] | He was lifting his hole card way too high. | 他把底牌掀得太高了 |
[34:57] | Here’s this guy reading the dealer’s hole card… | 有个家伙在看庄家的底牌… |
[35:00] | and signaling his buddy at this table. | 再对他坐在桌上的兄弟打手势 |
[35:11] | And that’s just what these hustlers look for. | 这些在外混的就是这样 |
[35:14] | They cruise from casino to casino looking for weak dealers… | 他们从一家赌场到另一家 找寻着弱庄家… |
[35:17] | the way lions look for weak antelope. | 像是狮子们找着弱小的羚羊 |
[35:23] | Operator, this is Mr. R. | 接线生 这是罗先生 |
[35:25] | Get me Armstrong and Friday over to Pit 2 right away. | 立刻叫阿姆斯壮与佛莱迪来二号赌台区 |
[35:45] | BJ 19, second base, the beard. | 二十一点第十九桌 第二个位子的那个大胡子 |
[35:49] | Operator, I need Mr. Happy. Loud. | 接线生 来段生日快乐曲 要大声点 |
[35:53] | Happy birthday to you | 祝你生日快乐 |
[35:57] | Happy birthday to you | 祝你生日快乐 |
[36:01] | Happy birthday, dear Jeff | 亲爱的杰夫 祝你生日快乐 |
[36:06] | Happy birthday to you | 祝你生日快乐 |
[36:30] | Man down! | 有人倒下! |
[36:32] | Go get medical. We got a cardiac arrest here. | 叫救护车 有人心脏病发 |
[36:36] | He’s fine, folks. Just give us some room, please. | 他没事了 大家 麻烦给我们一点空间 |
[36:42] | They never know what hit them. | 他们根本搞不清状况 |
[36:44] | If and when they do find out they got zapped by a cattle prod… | 若他们真的发现是被电击棒电到… |
[36:47] | they wish they really did have a heart attack. | 他们会希望自己其实是心脏病发 |
[36:54] | Turns out this guy and his fucking pals were knocking this place dead for years. | 结果发现这两个家伙已在这儿 招摇撞骗好多年了 |
[36:59] | – He’s wired. – What are you doing? | -他身上有窃听器 -你在干嘛? |
[37:01] | There it is. That’s it. | 在那儿 就是它了 |
[37:03] | – Cheater’s justice. – Oh, God! | -老千的正法 -我的天! |
[37:07] | No! | 不! |
[37:10] | I wanted everybody to know that things were changed around here. | 我要所有人知道这儿跟以往不同了 |
[37:14] | We had to make an example of these pricks that the party was over. | 我们得用这些家伙来让大家知道 他们的好日子不长了 |
[37:18] | I’m just curious. | 我很好奇 |
[37:20] | I saw you shuffling your checks with your right hand. | 我看到你用右手玩筹码 |
[37:23] | – Can you do that with both hands? – No. | -你两只手都可以这样吗? -不 |
[37:26] | – You can’t do it with both hands? – No, sir. | -不能用两只手吗? -不能 |
[37:29] | – Can you do it with your left hand? – I never tried. | -左手可以吗? -我从没试过 |
[37:32] | – So, you’re a righty. – Yeah. | -所以你是右撇子 -是 |
[37:44] | Now you’re gonna have to learn with your left hand. | 那你现在得学习用左手啰 |
[37:47] | – It’s $100,000, $1 10,000 I think. – Yes, it is. | -十万 十一万吧 -是啊 |
[37:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[37:54] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[37:56] | That’s a lot of money to be counting out in public. | 在大庭广众数这么多钱 |
[37:59] | Why don’t I take him over to the office and verify it? | 为何不让我拿到办公室确认? |
[38:02] | A little privacy. | 多一点隐私 |
[38:04] | By the way, send over a nice bottle of champagne on ice. | 顺便叫一瓶好香槟来 |
[38:07] | – Sure will. – Real special. | -没问题 -要很特别的 |
[38:09] | By the way, I’m Billy Sherbert, casino manager. | 对了 我是赌场经理 比利·雪伯堤 |
[38:12] | – Having a good time? – Yes. | -还玩得愉快吗? -是的 |
[38:14] | You want to count the money in privacy. | 你在较有隐私的地方算比较好 |
[38:16] | I have a plane to catch. Can I get my winnings? | 我得赶飞机去克里夫兰 我可以领取我赢得的钱吗? |
[38:22] | Look what they did to my hand, man. | 看他们对我的手做了什么 |
[38:28] | I’m gonna give you a choice: | 我给你一个选择 |
[38:29] | You can have the money and the hammer, or you can walk out of here. | 你可以拿钱然后被锤头砸 或者是从这儿走出去 |
[38:33] | – What do you want? – I wanna get out of here. | -你要哪个? -我要走 |
[38:35] | Tell your friends what happens if they fuck around here. | 告诉你那群朋友 他们若来乱搞 会发生什么事 |
[38:39] | – I’m sorry, I made a bad mistake. – You’re fucking right. | -对不起 我犯了大错 -你真他妈的说对了 |
[38:42] | If you come back, either one of you, we’ll break your fucking heads. | 你们要是再敢回来 我会敲烂你们的头 |
[38:46] | You see that fucking saw? We’re gonna use it. We don’t fuck around here. | 你看到那锯子没? 不是放着好看的 我们不是在开玩笑 |
[38:50] | Got it? Yes. | -懂吗? -是 |
[38:51] | – Get out of here. – Thank you. | -给我滚 -谢谢你 |
[38:54] | Throw him out in the alley. Tell the cops he got hit by a car. | 把他丢到后街去 跟条子说他被车撞到了 |
[38:57] | Within no time, everything was set in place. | 不到一会儿 一切就都搞定了 |
[38:59] | We got rid of the freelance scamsters, the pro was way up… | 我们弄走了那些老千 盈利上扬好多… |
[39:02] | the gods were happy, or as happy as the gods can ever be. | 上头老大高兴极了 |
[39:06] | And I decided to complicate my life. | 然后我决定将生活复杂化 |
[39:08] | For a guy who likes sure things… | 对不爱冒险的我来说… |
[39:10] | I was about to bet the rest of my life on a real long shot. | 我用我的下半辈子 下了笔胜算不大的赌注 |
[39:13] | We’re not getting any younger. | 我们也不年轻了 |
[39:15] | Don’t you think it’s time? | 你不觉得是时候了? |
[39:17] | Aren’t you getting tired of all this shit? Banging around, hustling around? | 你对这些不厌烦吗? 这边睡 那边混? |
[39:20] | – Are you trying to handicap me? – I’m gonna do you one better. | -你想要妨碍我吗? -我想给你更好的 |
[39:25] | I’m trying to marry you. | 我想娶你进门 |
[39:28] | You wanna marry me? | 你想嫁我吗? |
[39:30] | I’m serious. | 我说真的 |
[39:34] | I wanna settle down. I want a family. | 我想定下来 想有个家 |
[39:37] | You got the wrong girl, Sam. | 你找错人了 山姆 |
[39:40] | I’d be a good father, you’d be a good mother. | 我会是个好爸爸 你也将是个好妈妈 |
[39:42] | You don’t know me. | 你不知道我 |
[39:43] | You’ve known me two, three months. What do you know? | 你才认识我两三个月 你了解什么? |
[39:46] | I’m 43 years old. I don’t want to wait. | 我已经43岁了 我不想再等了 |
[39:49] | I know you well enough to know that I really love you very much. | 我对你的了解深到 令我自己知道我非常爱你 |
[39:53] | I can’t think of anybody better to be with. | 你是我心目中最理想的人 |
[39:56] | I don’t feel like waiting anymore. | 我不想再等了 |
[40:01] | You know a lot of happily married people? ‘Cause I don’t. | 你见过很多婚姻美满的人吗? 我可没见过 |
[40:05] | I know all that. | 这我都懂 |
[40:11] | I care about you. | 我在乎你 |
[40:14] | But I just don’t have those kind of feelings for you. | 但我对你没有那种感觉 |
[40:19] | I’m sorry. I’m not in love with you. | 对不起 我并不爱你 |
[40:24] | – All right. – Understand? | -好的 -懂吗? |
[40:29] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[40:31] | No…. | 不… |
[40:36] | That can grow. | 那可以培养 |
[40:38] | As long as there’s a mutual respect, that kind of thing can grow. | 只要互相尊重 感情是可以培养的 |
[40:42] | I’m realistic. I can accept that. | 我很现实 我可以接受 |
[40:46] | What is love anyway? | 爱到底是什么? |
[40:47] | It’s a mutual respect. It’s a devotion. | 不就是互相尊重 不就是一心一意 |
[40:50] | It’s a caring from one person to another. | 是一个人在乎另一个人 |
[40:54] | And if we could set up some kind of foundation… | 若我们可以设立一个基础… |
[40:58] | based on that mutual respect… | 以相互尊重为底… |
[41:01] | I feel that eventually you would care enough about me… | 我觉得迟早你会对我有情… |
[41:04] | that I could live with that. | 这样我能接受 |
[41:08] | If it doesn’t work out… | 若行不通的话… |
[41:10] | if it doesn’t play out, then what happens to me? | 若行不通的话 那我怎么办? |
[41:13] | I’m doing well now. I’m gonna do even better. | 我现在做得不错 往后会越来越好 |
[41:16] | So whatever happens… | 不论如何… |
[41:18] | if it doesn’t work out between us… | 就算我们俩行不通… |
[41:20] | I’ll make sure you’re okay for the rest of your life. | 我都会确保你下半辈子的生活 |
[41:23] | If there are kids, especially… | 尤其如果有了孩子… |
[41:26] | I’ll take care of you better than you’d imagine. | 我会给你今生最好的照料 |
[41:28] | – What are you pitching me? – Just what I said. | -你葫芦到底卖什么药? -我都明讲了 |
[41:32] | You’ll be set up for the rest of your life. | 你下半辈子都不用愁 |
[41:35] | That I can promise you. | 这我可保证 |
[41:41] | Want to take a chance? | 要不要试试? |
[41:52] | When I married Ginger, I knew all the stories… | 我娶金吉儿时就听过她的一切往事… |
[41:55] | but I didn’t give a fuck. I’m Sam Rothstein, I said. | 但我不在乎 我是山姆·罗斯坦 |
[41:58] | I can change her. | 我能改变她 |
[42:02] | It was typical Ace. | 这是典型的艾斯 |
[42:03] | He invited the biggest people in town. He knew they’d show. | 他请了城里所有的大人物 他知道他们都会出席 |
[42:07] | He knew they all wanted something from him. | 他知道他们都有求于他 |
[42:09] | With Ace, nobody ever got a free ride. Even Ginger. | 艾斯绝对不可能不求回报 连金吉儿也不例外 |
[42:13] | With her, he still covered his bets. | 一切还是依他行事 |
[42:15] | They had to have the baby first, before they could get married. | 他们在结婚前得先有孩子 |
[42:18] | He even made us watch Amy for a few days… | 他甚至还托我们帮忙看艾美几天… |
[42:20] | when they went on their honeymoon. | 好让他们去渡蜜月 |
[42:22] | I didn’t mind, we loved the kid. | 无所谓啊 我们爱死那孩子 |
[42:28] | Can you feel my eyes on you? | 你感到我的眼神? |
[42:31] | Can you feel me look into your heart? | 你感到我看透你的心吗? |
[42:35] | Can you feel me in the pit of your stomach? | 你能感到我躺在你肚皮上吗? |
[42:40] | Can you feel me in you? | 你能在体内感受我? |
[42:44] | In your heart? | 在心里? |
[42:48] | Don’t make me come there. | 别等我过去 |
[42:51] | Answer me. | 回答我 |
[42:53] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[42:54] | Baby, do you know that I love you, too? | 宝贝 你知道我也爱你吗? |
[42:57] | – No, Lester. – Do you know that? | -不 莱斯特 -你知道吗? |
[42:59] | Yes. | 知道 |
[43:00] | This is the best thing I can do for my life right now. | 这是我目前能为自己做的 最好的事 |
[43:03] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[43:05] | So it’s going to be okay. | 所以会没事的 |
[43:06] | Promise? | 你发誓? |
[43:08] | I wish you all the luck in the world. | 我希望你幸福 |
[43:11] | – You do? – Yeah, I do. | -真的? -是 我真的这么想 |
[43:14] | It’s the best thing you can do right now. | 这是你目前能做的最好的事 |
[43:17] | I mean this. | 我说真的 |
[43:19] | You have real security. | 你生活会很安稳 |
[43:21] | Sweetheart, you’re gonna be situated just right in Vegas. | 甜心 你将坐在赌城最有利的位子 |
[43:25] | Come on. This is great for us. | 这对我们来说再好不过了 |
[43:28] | I’m always gonna be here for you. I ain’t going no place. | 我会一直都在你身边的 我哪儿都不会去 |
[43:33] | I’m looking at you right now. | 我现在就在看着你 |
[43:36] | I’m seeing you for the very first time, right this minute. | 仿佛生平第一次见到你似的 |
[43:39] | I’m saying I can feel my heart click. | 我可听到我的心悸动 |
[43:42] | I see you 14 years old. | 我看到你十四岁时 |
[43:44] | I see you the first second I ever saw you. | 我在见你的第一秒就看到你了 |
[43:47] | I see you, long- legged little colt… | 我看到你 像匹长腿的小马儿… |
[43:50] | stupid braces on your teeth. | 还戴着蠢蠢的牙套 |
[43:52] | – Okay, then. – Every time I see you, that’s what I see. | -好吧 -我每次见你时都看到这些 |
[43:56] | Talk to you later. Bye. | 再聊啰 再见 |
[44:05] | – You all right? – Yeah. | -你还好吗? -嗯 |
[44:10] | Why are you crying? | 为什么哭? |
[44:13] | I’m not crying. | 我没有哭 |
[44:20] | – Maybe you shouldn’t drink so much. – I’m okay. | -别喝这么多了吧 -我没事 |
[44:28] | You just have to understand. | 希望你能理解 |
[44:31] | I’ve been with Lester since I was a kid. | 我自小就跟莱斯特在一起 |
[44:36] | I just wanted to say goodbye. | 我只是想道别 |
[44:39] | I just…. | 我只是… |
[44:43] | I think I have a right to do that. | 我想我有权这样做 |
[44:48] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[44:49] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[44:52] | That part of your life is over with. | 你那段人生已经完结了 |
[44:55] | – Right? – Yeah. | -不是吗? -是的 |
[44:58] | You’re with me now. | 你现在跟我 |
[45:01] | – Yeah. – Right? | -是的 -不是吗? |
[45:06] | – You’re sure? – Yeah. | -你确定吗? -是的 |
[45:15] | – Want to go? Let’s go back in. – Okay. | -要走了吗? 我们回去吧 -好的 |
[45:38] | It’s great. | 很好 |
[45:50] | It’s all my stuff. Oh, my God. | 都是我的东西 天呀 |
[45:54] | You brought all my stuff! | 你把我的东西都带来了! |
[45:56] | I can’t…. | 我不能… |
[45:59] | Try it on. It’s yours. | 试试看 这是你的 |
[46:01] | You’re kidding. | 别开玩笑了 |
[46:05] | My God. | 我的天 |
[46:07] | – What is it? – It’s chinchilla. | -是什么毛? -是龙猫 |
[46:10] | It’s so soft. | 好软喔 |
[46:13] | Nice, isn’t it? | 很好喔? |
[46:19] | No one’s ever been so nice to me. | 从没有人对我这么好 |
[46:33] | Oh, my God! | 我的老天! |
[46:37] | Do you think it’s too much if I wear these all on the same day? | 我要是在同一天将它们全都戴上 会不会太过火啊? |
[46:40] | You can do whatever you want. | 你想怎样就怎样 |
[46:42] | Do I keep my promises or do I keep my promises? | 我有没有实现我的诺言啊? |
[46:45] | You’re so wonderful. The jewelry’s not so bad either. | 你太好了 这些珠宝也不错 |
[46:48] | We shouldn’t keep this in the house. We gotta put it in the bank. | 我们不应该把这些放在家里 应该摆到银行去 |
[46:52] | Come on. Can I keep this one in the house? | 我不能留一副在家吗? |
[46:55] | Pay attention to me. | 仔细听好 |
[46:58] | What I’m gonna tell you is very important. | 我要告诉你一件重要的事 |
[47:01] | All this stuff doesn’t mean anything. | 这全部都不算什么 |
[47:03] | Money, this, doesn’t mean anything without trust. | 钱财珠宝 如果没有信任就毫无意义 |
[47:06] | I have to be able to trust you with my life. | 我得要信任你到可将生命交给你 |
[47:19] | With over $1 million in cash and jewels tucked in a bank in Vegas… | 总价值超过一百万的现金与珠宝 锁在赌城的银行里… |
[47:23] | only for Ginger, she was secure and happy. | 全归她所有 金吉儿非常有安全感 |
[47:25] | She loved that shit. | 她最爱那些 |
[47:27] | But a guy in my line of work has to have a lot of payoff cash around. | 但在我这行里 手上得有许多流动的现金 |
[47:31] | Crooked cops and kidnappers, they don’t take checks. | 贪污的条子与绑匪 他们都不收支票 |
[47:34] | Need any help with that, Mr. Collins? | 考林先生 需要帮忙吗? |
[47:36] | So I put $2 million cash in a Los Angeles bank… | 所以我在洛杉矶的银行里 也摆了两百万… |
[47:39] | under the name of Mr. and Mrs. Tom Collins. | 用考林先生与夫人的名义 |
[47:42] | This was strictly my shakedown and kidnapping money. | 这纯粹是我个人的赎金与保金 |
[47:50] | Since I’d be in jail or locked in a closet when I needed the money most… | 因为在我最需要这笔钱时 我不是蹲在牢里就是被关在衣柜… |
[47:54] | I gave Ginger the only key to the cash that could get me back alive. | 所以我将这笔钱唯一的钥匙 给了金吉儿好让我能保命 |
[48:11] | This is just a signature card. | 这是签名卡 |
[48:15] | Once she signs, she’ll be the only person… | 她签了之后就会是世上… |
[48:17] | to have total access to the box, no one else, including myself? | 唯一可以开保险箱的人 连我都开启不了? |
[48:21] | That’s right. That’s the way you wanted it. | 是的 这是你的要求 |
[48:24] | Sam, let me ask you a question. | 山姆 我问你个问题 |
[48:27] | You must really trust your wife. | 你一定很信任你老婆 |
[48:32] | Sure I do. Why? | 是啊 怎么啦? |
[48:35] | It’s good. It’s just unusual. | 很好啊 只是很少见 |
[48:37] | To tell you the truth, so many of my clients don’t. | 实不相瞒 我有很多客户都不信任 |
[48:56] | With Ginger and the money in place, I felt covered. | 将金吉儿还有钱的事解决后 我安心多了 |
[48:58] | To play it safe, I switched job titles again… | 为了安全起见 我又将头衔… |
[49:01] | and made myself Food and Beverage Director. | 换成餐饮董事 |
[49:04] | This way nobody would bother me about a license. | 这样一来就没人可以 为执照的事找我麻烦 |
[49:07] | Vegas was like a dream for me. | 赌城对我来说像是个梦 |
[49:09] | Trouble was Nicky was dreaming of his own kind of Vegas. | 问题是尼奇也梦想着 他自己的赌城 |
[49:12] | I put money out on the street charging three points a week. | 我将钱放出 每天三分利 |
[49:15] | Juice to the dealers. | 庄家高利贷 |
[49:17] | – Don’t make us look for you. – You won’t have to look for me. | -别逼我们找上门 -你不会需要这样的 |
[49:20] | I appreciate it. Thanks, Nicky. | 多谢了 尼奇 |
[49:22] | They were degenerate gamblers, coke freaks. | 他们不是烂赌鬼就是烂毒鬼 |
[49:25] | In no time, I had half the dealers in the Tangiers in my pocket. | 没多久 坦吉乐一半的庄家 都在我手掌心里 |
[49:29] | Then, the next thing I did, I started busting out high- stakes poker players. | 下一步 我开始出千骗大赌客的钱 |
[49:34] | It was so obvious. | 好明显 |
[49:35] | All of Nicky’s half- assed mechanics, they were signal- happy. | 尼奇所有的小把戏 全都是靠手势 |
[49:38] | I’m gonna open for $500. | 我下五百 |
[49:40] | Signaling back and forth. | 互相打手势 |
[49:46] | Nicky thought nobody was watching him. But he was wrong. | 尼奇以为没人注意到他 但是他错了 |
[49:49] | I didn’t want any of those agents near my place. | 我不想要那些探员在我的地盘 |
[49:52] | – Four aces. – I can’t believe this. | -四条A -我不相信 |
[49:55] | If I didn’t have bad luck, I wouldn’t have any luck. | 我唯一的运气好像就是手气背 |
[50:00] | I wished Nicky and his whole crew would just get lost. | 我真希望尼奇与他那票人 可以马上消失 |
[50:03] | What am I gonna do? Go back home and start a war? | 但我能怎样? 回老家去挑起场战争? |
[50:06] | Nicky’s a made guy and I’m not. I can’t do that. | 尼奇在帮里算是有头有脸的人物 我不能那么做 |
[50:08] | Gaming agents are all over the place. | 到处都是赌博游乐公会的探员 |
[50:10] | I’m not allowed to get lucky in this place? | 这儿不允许手气旺的人吗? |
[50:13] | You’ve been lucky all week. They’re looking to nail you. | 你已经旺了一个礼拜了 他们在找机会逮你 |
[50:18] | Ace was so worried about his casino… | 艾斯太在意他的赌场… |
[50:20] | he forgot what we were doing out here in the first place. | 他忘了我们当初为什么而来 |
[50:23] | A million times, I wanted to yell in his fucking ear: | 最少有一百万次 我都好想在他耳边大喊… |
[50:26] | “This is Las Vegas. | 这儿是拉斯维加斯 |
[50:28] | “We’re supposed to be out here robbing, you dumb fucking hebe. “ | “我们本来就是来抢钱的 你这个蠢犹太人” |
[50:36] | I don’t give a shit who he’s connected to. | 我才不在乎他有什么关系 |
[50:38] | Tell him to take his feet off the table. | 叫他把脚从桌上拿下来 |
[50:40] | Does he think this is a goddamn sawdust joint? | 他以为这儿是什么廉价的地方? |
[50:44] | Sir, would you mind taking your feet off the table… | 先生 麻烦你将脚放下… |
[50:46] | and put your shoes on, please? | 并将鞋穿上 好吗? |
[50:48] | Yeah, I would mind. I’m having a bad night. | 是 是很麻烦 我今天已经够背了 |
[50:53] | Fucking asshole won’t budge. | 那王八蛋动都不动 |
[50:56] | Call security. | 叫警卫 |
[51:01] | How are you? | 你好吗? |
[51:03] | Good. How are you? | 好 你呢? |
[51:04] | Do me a favor. Want to take your feet off the table and put your shoes on? | 给个面子 把你的脚放下去 然后把鞋穿上好吗? |
[51:08] | Fuck you. | 去你的 |
[51:12] | I want you to exit this guy off the premises, off his feet… | 我要你把这家伙从赌场架着丢出去… |
[51:15] | and use his head to open the fucking door. | 用他的头来开门 |
[51:18] | Sir, you’re gonna have to leave. You mind coming with us outside? | 先生 你得离开 麻烦你跟我们出去 |
[51:22] | Bullshit. I ain’t going anywhere with you. | 妈的 我哪儿都不跟你去 |
[51:24] | – Bullshit. You’re out of here. – Fuck you! | -妈的 你给我滚 -去你的! |
[51:27] | You know who you’re fucking with? Do you? | 你知道你在招惹谁吗? 你知道吗? |
[51:30] | You fucking faggot! Do you know who you’re fucking with? | 你他妈的王八蛋! 你知道你招惹了谁吗? |
[51:33] | Leave me alone! | 别碰我! |
[51:35] | – Come on! – You gotta be kidding me! | -喂! -别闹了! |
[51:38] | Sure enough, an hour later, I get the call. | 不出所料 我一小时后就接到电话 |
[51:41] | Ace, what happened over there? Did you know that guy was with me? | 艾斯 那边怎么了? 你知道那家伙是跟我的吗? |
[51:45] | I didn’t know that. You know what he did? | 我不知道 你知道他做了什么吗? |
[51:47] | I walked over to him politely, and he tells me to fuck myself. | 我很有礼貌的走过去 他却叫我回家吃自已 |
[51:51] | – Then he called me a faggot. – What? | -还骂我是臭玻璃 -什么? |
[51:53] | – I threw that cocksucker out. – Come here. | -我把那王八蛋踢出去了 -过来 |
[51:56] | You called my friend a faggot? Told him to go fuck himself? | 你骂我的朋友臭玻璃 还叫他回家吃自己? |
[51:58] | Is that what you did? Tell him to go fuck himself? | 你这样说? 叫他回家吃自己? |
[52:02] | You fucking hick, you! | 你这个死乡巴佬! |
[52:06] | You go over there. You apologize. | 你给我过去道歉 |
[52:08] | You better hope he lets you back in. | 你最好求他让你进去 |
[52:10] | If you get out of line again, I’ll smash your head so hard… | 你要再敢没大没小 我会将你的头打到… |
[52:14] | you won’t be able to get that cowboy hat on. Fucking hick. | 你连那牛仔帽都戴不上 死乡巴佬 |
[52:18] | Listen, this guy obviously doesn’t know who he was talking to. | 听着 这家伙压根就不知道 自己在跟谁说话 |
[52:22] | He doesn’t know that we’re dear friends. | 他不知道我们是好兄弟 |
[52:25] | He’s already very sorry. | 他非常抱歉 |
[52:27] | But if you could do me a favor and let him back in… | 但如果你可买我个面子 让他再进去… |
[52:30] | I swear he’ll never get out of line again. | 我发誓他再也不会乱来 |
[52:32] | If he does it again, he’s out for good. | 若他再敢乱来 就别想再踏进这儿 |
[52:35] | I’ll never let him in the place again. | 我永远都不会再让他进门 |
[52:37] | I’m sorry about this. | 真是对不起 |
[52:39] | All right, Ace? Thanks, pal. | 好吗 艾斯? 谢了 兄弟 |
[52:43] | You took your boots off? You put your feet on the table? | 你把鞋都脱了? 把脚放在桌上? |
[52:46] | You shit- kicking, stinky, horse- manure- smelling motherfucker, you! | 你这全身马粪骚的浑蛋! |
[52:51] | You fuck me up over there, I’ll stick you in a hole in the desert. | 你要敢再去丢我的脸 我会在沙漠里将你埋了 |
[52:54] | – Go over and apologize. – Nicky, I’m sorry. | -快给我去道歉 -尼奇 对不起 |
[53:01] | Ace could be a very touchy guy. | 艾斯可是个很敏感的人 |
[53:03] | Especially when he got bigger in town. | 尤其是当他在城里越来越出名后 |
[53:05] | Like when he hired Jonathan and David away from the Palace… | 像他将强纳森与大卫 从凯撒宫挖角来时… |
[53:09] | by building them a new stage and giving them a silver Rolls- Royce. | 他为他们盖了全新的舞台 还给了他们一人一辆劳斯莱斯 |
[53:13] | But, I tell you, he knew how to bring in the crowds. | 但我得说 他真的知道怎么吸引群众 |
[53:15] | He knew all the fucking angles. | 他懂得一切门路 |
[53:17] | He brought the whole Femme Fatale show from Paris… | 他将整个蛇蝎美人的秀 从巴黎搬来… |
[53:20] | but he forgot how lazy them European dancing broads can get. | 但他却忘记那些欧洲跳舞妹有多懒 |
[53:23] | He had to weigh them once a week so they wouldn’t blow up like balloons. | 他还得每周为她们秤体重 她们的身材才不至于像吹气球 |
[53:27] | You’re still eight pounds over. | 你还是4公斤过重 |
[53:29] | – What’s the reason for this? – Mr. Rothstein, sir | -为什么会这样? -罗斯坦您… |
[53:32] | Never mind the “sir.” Why is she eight pounds over? | 别在那儿您了 她为什么会超重4公斤? |
[53:35] | I’m trying to use respect. | 我只是尊重您 |
[53:38] | Mr. Rothstein is good enough for you. | 罗斯坦先生就可以了 |
[53:40] | Well, sometimes when you put that pressure point on them | 嗯 有时当你给她们 太多的压力… |
[53:44] | All you do is give me answers. Just give me the right answer. | 你只需要给我答案 给我正确答案就好 |
[53:47] | I don’t know why. She’s frightened if she doesn’t lose weight she’ll get fired. | 我不知道 她害怕要是不减肥 她就会被解雇 |
[53:51] | That’s right, she will get fired. Send her back to Paris | 没错 她会被解雇 送她回巴黎… |
[53:54] | – It’s been our policy – Stop everything. | -我们一贯的做法是…-停 |
[53:56] | – She’s an institution. – That’s the problem. She’s lazy. | -她很出名 -这就是问题 她太懒散 |
[54:00] | I gotta give the guy credit. | 我得佩服这家伙 |
[54:01] | I mean, he does the most obvious thing. | 我的意思是 他做了最明显的事 |
[54:04] | This is the only town in the country where a bookie joint is legit. | 这里是全国唯一可以合法签注的地方 |
[54:07] | So why not take advantage, right? | 为什么不加以利用呢? |
[54:09] | So he took bookie joints off the street… | 所以他把签注从街上… |
[54:12] | and opened them up inside the casino. | 开到赌场内 |
[54:14] | Within a few years, he had… | 没几年后… |
[54:17] | every casino on The Strip trying to copy off of him. | 精华地段的每家赌场都想抄袭他 |
[54:20] | Between my innovations… | 我的创意… |
[54:25] | and Nicky’s dedication to his job… | 加上尼奇对工作的投入… |
[54:30] | I soon had the best operation on The Strip. | 我的赌场很快就成为 精华地段中最好的赌场 |
[54:36] | Watch yourself. There’s a lot of heat on you. | 小心点 你最近很引人注目 |
[54:40] | Why, somebody is complaining? | 怎么 有人抱怨吗? |
[54:41] | I’m hearing things from security. They’re all ex- cops. | 我从警卫那儿听来的 他们以前都曾是警察 |
[54:44] | The sheriff wants to put you in the Black Book. | 警长已将你放入黑名单了 |
[54:47] | That Black Book is a bunch of bullshit. | 那黑名单根本就是个屁 |
[54:49] | There’s two names in it for the whole country… | 全国只有两个人的名字在里面 |
[54:51] | and one of them is still Al Capone. | 教父艾尔·卡邦就是其中之一 |
[54:53] | They put you in that book, you’re gonna be in trouble. | 你上了名单麻烦就大了 |
[54:56] | You won’t be able to walk into a casino. | 你将进不了赌场 |
[54:59] | I’m trying to make a living, that’s all. | 我只不过是在养家活口罢了 |
[55:01] | I’m just telling you. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. | 我只是跟你讲一声 别说我没警告你 |
[55:11] | Mrs. Rothstein, straight ahead. Very nice. Thank you. | 罗斯坦夫人 请看前面 很好 谢谢你 |
[55:19] | For his hard work and dedication… | 因他的努力与认真… |
[55:21] | and the new life blood he has instilled in Las Vegas… | 与他为拉斯维加斯带来的新生命… |
[55:24] | Sam has established himself as an indispensable member… | 山姆将自己建立为赌博游乐业界… |
[55:27] | of the gaming community. | 不可缺乏的成员 |
[55:30] | As the head of the Tangiers Gaming Corporation… | 以坦吉乐赌博游乐集团 董事长的名义… |
[55:32] | it’s my pleasure to welcome Sam Rothstein… | 我很容幸为你们介绍 山姆·罗斯坦… |
[55:35] | to the Vegas Valley Country Club. | 维加斯谷乡村俱乐部新成员 |
[55:44] | Back home, they’d put me in jail for what I’m doing. | 要是在老家 我所做的 早就让我蹲牢房去了 |
[55:47] | But out here, they’re giving me awards. | 但在这儿 他们却颁奖给我 |
[55:49] | It is with great pleasure that I accept this certificate of appreciation… | 我很荣幸能获得… |
[55:54] | from the Charitable Foundations of Greater Las Vegas. | 拉斯维加斯慈善基金会 颁发的嘉许奖状 |
[55:57] | Congratulations, sweetheart. | 恭喜你 甜心 |
[55:59] | Sam raised more than we’ve ever raised before. | 山姆募得了有史来 最多的捐款 |
[56:03] | But my greatest pleasure was watching my wife work the room. | 但我最爱的还是看着我老婆 金吉儿周旋全场 |
[56:08] | They all loved her. How could you not love her? | 他们爱死她了 但你又怎能不爱她? |
[56:11] | She could be the most charming woman you ever saw. | 她是世上最有魅力的女人 |
[56:13] | People loved to be around her. | 人们都喜欢在她身边 |
[56:15] | You’ve got to bring Amy to Sasha’s birthday party. | 你一定得带艾美来参加 莎夏的生日派对 |
[56:18] | We’d love to have her there. 3:00, Saturday. | 星期六下午三点 我们很希望她能来 |
[56:21] | – Yes, okay. – Great. | -好的 -太好了 |
[56:23] | She made everybody feel good. | 她让大家都开心 |
[56:31] | – Congratulations, Sam. – Thanks. | -恭喜你 山姆 -谢谢 |
[56:35] | Hello, Mrs. Rothstein. How are you? | 嗨 罗斯坦夫人 你好吗? |
[56:40] | You’re one of the most gorgeous women I’ve seen. You’re a lucky man, Mr. Rothstein. | 你是我见过最美丽的女人 罗斯坦先生 你真是个幸运的男人 |
[56:47] | Thanks for that compliment. | 多谢夸奖 |
[56:50] | He was a young kid from the casino. Nice kid. Bright boy. | 他是赌场里的小伙子 挺好又聪明的小子 |
[56:54] | What balls on this fucking kid. The next day I fired him. | 这小子真他妈的带种 我第二天就炒了他 |
[56:59] | Ginger had that effect on people. I think she even encouraged them. | 金吉儿对人就是有这种魅力 她甚至鼓励他们这样 |
[57:02] | Do you wanna see this one? | 你想看看这件吗? |
[57:06] | Daddy gave me all this jewelry because he loves me so much. | 爸爸帮我买了这么多珠宝 因为他好爱我 |
[57:11] | But as much as they loved her… | 但不管他们多爱她… |
[57:12] | Fabulous. | 真美丽 |
[57:13] | …they didn’t know what really moved her. | 他们都不知道什么让她感动 |
[57:15] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[57:18] | Daddy gave me…. | 爸爸给我的… |
[57:20] | With Ginger happy, I was able to concentrate on what I knew best. | 金吉儿快快乐乐的 我才能专心去做我所专长的… |
[57:24] | Loose machines are right back over there. | 较松的机器都在后面 |
[57:27] | What are they doing back there? You can’t even see them. | 它们在那儿干嘛? 看都看不到 |
[57:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[57:31] | What about the progressives with the high jackpots? | 那最大累积奖金的那些呢? |
[57:34] | These are our best machines. They bring all the action. | 这些是我们最好的机子 都是靠它们 |
[57:37] | No wonder the drop is off. The action is in the front. | 难怪盈收变少了 重头戏都在前面 |
[57:40] | – Bring them up front. – All right, I will. | -摆到前面去 -好的 我会 |
[57:42] | Listen carefully. There are three ways of doing things here. | 听好了 在这有三种做事方法 |
[57:46] | The right way, the wrong way, and the way that I do it. | 正确的 不正确的 和我的方法 |
[57:49] | – Understand? – I do understand. I’ll get right on it. | -懂了没? -我懂了 马上去办 |
[57:52] | – Thank you. – Don’t thank me. Just do it. | -谢谢 -别谢我 去做就是了 |
[57:55] | You’re the slots manager. I shouldn’t have to tell you this. | 你是吃角子老虎机的经理 我不应该还需要告诉你这些 |
[57:59] | Dang, you are right. I’m so sorry. | 唉 你说得真对 真是抱歉 |
[58:04] | So I ended up working 18- hour days. | 我一天得工作18个小时 |
[58:06] | Ginger was the one who wound up enjoying the best of Vegas. | 金吉儿反倒是成为 真正享受赌城的人 |
[58:10] | Come with me, please. I have a better table for you. | 请跟我来 我带您去更好的桌 |
[58:12] | What did you say to that fucking jerk, anyway? | 你到底跟那王八蛋说了些什么? |
[58:15] | I told him that I was Mrs. Sam Rothstein. | 我跟她说我是罗斯坦夫人 |
[58:19] | You might as well get something out of it. | 当然得加以利用啰 |
[58:24] | It wasn’t long before what I was afraid was gonna happen, happened. | 不久后我所担心的事就发生了 |
[58:28] | Nicky managed to get himself banned from every casino in Vegas. | 尼奇把自己搞到成为 全赌城的拒绝往来户 |
[58:31] | 闲置马刺 97公里到拉斯维加斯 | |
[58:32] | From then on, I couldn’t be seen talking to him | 从那时起 我在赌城完全不能 |
[58:34] | anywhere in or near Vegas. | 被人看见与他交谈 |
[58:36] | What the fuck is that supposed to mean? | 这他妈的是什么意思? |
[58:38] | “…detrimental to gaming and… | 因对业者有害… |
[58:40] | “he will be ejected from any casino in Las Vegas. | “他将被禁止进入 拉斯维加斯中任何赌场” |
[58:44] | “And the casinos can be fined as much as $100,000… | “违反此规的赌场 在他每次出现时…” |
[58:48] | “every time he shows up.” | “都将被罚款逾十万元” |
[58:50] | – You believe this shit? – Yeah, you got banned. | -你相信吗? -是啊 你被禁了 |
[58:54] | “Because of notorious and unsavory reputation.” | “因为众所周知的恶名昭彰” |
[58:57] | Motherfucker. | 那些浑蛋 |
[59:01] | – Is there any way around this? – No, there’s no way. | -有什么可摆平的方法吗? -不 没办法 |
[59:06] | Let’s say, for instance… | 例如说… |
[59:09] | I want to go into the restaurant, which happens to be in the casino… | 我去了家刚好就附设赌场的餐厅… |
[59:12] | to get one of those sandwiches I like? | 为了想吃它的三明治呢? |
[59:14] | Forget it. You can’t even set foot in the parking lot. | 别想了 你连停车场都踏不进去 |
[59:18] | That’s how serious it is. | 就是这么严重 |
[59:23] | – in other words, I’m fucked? – in so many words, yes. | -换句话说 我玩完了? -换几句话都是这意思 |
[59:26] | It didn’t sink into his head about the Black Book and what it meant. | 他完全都没了解那黑名单的意义 |
[59:30] | Not being able to go into a casino is just one thing… | 不能进赌场只是其一… |
[59:33] | but being in this book etched your name into the brains of every cop and FBI agent. | 这名单会将你的名字刻在 每一个联邦调查员的脑海里 |
[59:38] | You’re listed in there with Al Capone. But Nicky didn’t care. | 你与芝加哥教父是一样的 但尼奇不在乎 |
[59:42] | I gotta do something. They ain’t getting rid of me. | 我得想想办法 他们赶不走我的 |
[59:46] | They’re not getting rid of me. I’m staying here. Fuck them. | 他们赶不走我的 我要待在这儿 去他们的 |
[59:55] | So once they pulled that shit… | 所以他们一开始这鸟规矩… |
[59:58] | I started doing my own things in Vegas nobody had thought of doing. | 我就开始做自己突发奇想的事情 |
[1:00:01] | To keep an eye on things, I brought in my kid brother and some desperados… | 为了多点眼线 我将我弟弟与些恶汉从老家带来… |
[1:00:06] | from back home and started knocking over high rollers, casino bosses… | 开始抢劫一些赌场豪客 赌场老大… |
[1:00:09] | bookmakers, anybody right here in town. | 下注组头等等 全部一网打尽 |
[1:00:12] | I had a good fucking crew going for me, I’ll tell you that. | 说真的 我这队人马还真是不错 |
[1:00:15] | I had Sal Fusco, a great second- story guy. | 我有沙尔·福斯寇 最擅长从二楼进屋偷东西 |
[1:00:19] | Jack Hardy worked for a safe company before he did a six- year bit. | 杰克·哈迪在被关六年前 曾在保险箱制造公司工作 |
[1:00:24] | Then there was Bernie Blue. This guy could bypass any alarm for me. | 还有本尼·布卢 这家伙不论什么警铃都能解除 |
[1:00:29] | It was like old times. | 就像以前一样 |
[1:00:31] | I opened up my own jewelry store, too. The Gold Rush. | 我也开了自己的珠宝店 叫做掏金热潮 |
[1:00:35] | Sometimes I used to go along on a heist, just for the fun of it. | 有时我会为了刺激好玩 而参与偷窃 |
[1:00:39] | I didn’t like the people I was ripping off looking at me… | 我不喜欢被我偷的人看着我… |
[1:00:42] | so I turned their fucking pictures around. | 所以我都将他们的照片转过去 |
[1:00:45] | – What’s taking so long? – This is a motherfucker! | -为什么这么久? -这东西真他妈的! |
[1:00:47] | – It’s working. – Learn to open these instead of taking them. | -在动了 -学会怎么开就不用整个搬走了 |
[1:00:52] | These stones got a lot of niggers in them. | 这些宝石的瑕疵真多 |
[1:00:54] | If that fucking Pepe’s switching stones on us… | 那该死的皮皮要是私下偷换钻石… |
[1:00:56] | he better take a fucking camel back to Nigeria. | 他最好给我骑骆驼回奈及利亚 |
[1:01:01] | – They’re in Penthouse “K.” – Check in alone? | -他们在总统套房K -单独登记吗? |
[1:01:03] | – They checked in alone. – Are they out now? | -是的 -他们出去了吗? |
[1:01:05] | – Yes. Don’t worry. – All right. Thanks. | -是 别担心 -好的 谢啦 |
[1:01:08] | He had tipsters all over town. Bellmen… | 我们在整城里都有线民 从旅馆侍者… |
[1:01:11] | – You got to hurry. – Okay. | -得快点 -好的 |
[1:01:14] | – …valet parkers… – They’re just checking in now. | -停车小弟…-他们正在登记 |
[1:01:16] | – I’ll tell him. – …pit bosses… | -我会告诉他 -赌区经理… |
[1:01:18] | Room 1230 at the Scirocco. | 在西洛可的1230房 |
[1:01:20] | – 1 230. Right. – …secretaries. | -1230房 收到 -还有秘书 |
[1:01:22] | – Mint condition coins. – Mint condition? All right. | -完美状况的硬币 -完美状况吗? 收到 |
[1:01:25] | They all got a piece of the score. | 他们当然都有一份 |
[1:01:27] | Car’s coming. | 车来了 |
[1:01:33] | They were very careful. | 他们都很谨慎 |
[1:01:35] | They always bypassed the alarms, or else, if not… | 他们每次都先解除警铃 要不然… |
[1:01:38] | they’d drill enough holes to knock through the walls with a sledgehammer. | 就在墙上打洞然后凿墙而入 |
[1:01:43] | Nicky was grabbing everything he could. | 尼奇能偷的都偷了 |
[1:01:46] | Nobody out there was expecting a guy like him. | 外头根本没有人想到 会有像他那样的人 |
[1:01:51] | For Nicky, Las Vegas was the fucking Wild West. | 对尼奇来说 拉斯维加斯就像是蛮荒西部 |
[1:01:53] | I just got a shipment of diamonds from Israel. | 我才刚拿到一批从以色列来的钻石 |
[1:01:56] | What the fuck did they expect from me? I had to earn, didn’t I? | 他们他妈的想要我怎样? 我得赚钱 不是吗? |
[1:02:00] | – This diamond has flaws in it. – There’s no flaws in it. | -这些钻石有瑕疵 -没有瑕疵 |
[1:02:03] | Don’t tell me. I’m doing this for 25 years. | 别告诉我怎么做 我在这行已经25年了 |
[1:02:06] | You better clean your loupe, because there’s no flaws in this diamond. | 你的放大镜最好擦干净点 因为这批钻石没有瑕疵 |
[1:02:09] | When we got local merch… | 通常要是附近来的货… |
[1:02:11] | we’d usually send it to Palm Springs, or Arizona, L.A. | 我们都会送到棕榈泉市 或是亚利桑那州与洛杉矶 |
[1:02:15] | I had a couple of sand niggers out there. You know, Arabs. | 我有几个熟识的中东佬 你知道 阿拉伯人 |
[1:02:18] | Are you gonna have a meeting or buy some diamonds? | 你们是要开会还是要买钻石? |
[1:02:20] | I know his language. I’m talking with him. | 我懂他的语言 我跟他讲讲 |
[1:02:23] | $40,000, you buy the whole package. | 全部四万块 |
[1:02:25] | $20,000. That’s my final offer. | 两万 不要拉倒 |
[1:02:27] | He suddenly talks English. Let’s talk turkey. $25,000. | 他突然会说英文了 别玩游戏了 两万五 |
[1:02:32] | I actually turned my bedroom into a bank vault where I kept the choice stuff. | 我将我的房间改为保险箱 保留一些我特选的好东西 |
[1:02:39] | I couldn’t leave it at the Gold Rush in case we got raided by the cops… | 因为警察可能会突然临检 所以不能将其留在店里… |
[1:02:42] | or if my crew got cute. | 也防止我手下手痒 |
[1:02:45] | I had the only key. Jennifer didn’t give a fuck. | 我保有唯一的钥匙 珍妮佛才不在乎 |
[1:02:47] | She fell asleep on the couch watching TV every night. | 她每晚都在沙发上 看电影看到睡着 |
[1:02:50] | This stuff was all mine. I didn’t send any of this back home. | 这些全是我的东西 我一样也没送回老家 |
[1:02:54] | Actually, I couldn’t, because I wasn’t supposed to be doing it. | 其实我也不行 因为我根本不应该做这些 |
[1:02:57] | The bosses were making so much money with the casinos… | 老大们光是赌场就赚饱了… |
[1:03:00] | that they didn’t want anybody making any waves. | 他们不希望有人惹是非 |
[1:03:05] | You’ve all given your crew a piece of that? | 你的人马每人都分到了吗? |
[1:03:07] | I took care of everybody. | 我大家都罩好了 |
[1:03:09] | That’s why there was no real organized street stuff in Vegas before I came. | 这就是为什么在我来之前 拉斯维加斯并没有犯罪集团 |
[1:03:14] | But how much cash could I bury in my closet, right? | 但我家衣柜里又能藏多少钱呢? |
[1:03:16] | You have to understand, and I’m sure you do… | 你必须要了解 而我也相信你了解… |
[1:03:19] | that in a venture of this kind… | 做这种风险大的投资… |
[1:03:20] | you must be prepared to take some kind of loss. | 要有可能亏损的心理准备 |
[1:03:23] | I put some money in legitimate deals with Charlie Clark, Ace’s banker. | 我将一些钱交给查理克拉克 艾斯的银行经理 做一些正当投资 |
[1:03:28] | – You will try to push it through, won’t you? – Yes. | -你会尽力而为 不是吗? -是的 |
[1:03:31] | You got to understand, I’m giving you $50,000 cash. | 你得了解我现在 给了你五万元现金 |
[1:03:33] | Then I put more money in some legitimate places, like my restaurant. | 然后我将更多钱投入正当的投资 例如我开的餐馆 |
[1:03:37] | – Is that the last one? – Yeah. | -剩这个了? -是 |
[1:03:38] | I had my kid brother, Dominick, run it. | 我让我小弟 多明尼可经营 |
[1:03:43] | Fuckers. | 王八蛋 |
[1:03:49] | Here you go, guys. | 在这里 |
[1:03:51] | – Thanks a lot. – Enjoy it. Have a good time. | -谢了 -慢慢享用 |
[1:03:53] | – Choke on it, motherfucker. – Hi, Dom. | -噎死你 王八蛋 -嗨 小多 |
[1:03:55] | How you doing? | 你怎么样? |
[1:03:57] | Yeah, Nicky loved restaurants. He was a real restaurant buff. | 是啊 尼奇很喜欢餐馆 他对开餐厅也很拿手 |
[1:04:01] | And over the years, he always made money with them. | 这么多年来 他逢开餐厅必赚 |
[1:04:03] | In Vegas, he had the Leaning Tower. It was a very popular spot. | 他在拉斯维加斯开了比萨斜塔 很受大家欢迎 |
[1:04:07] | He had politicians, showgirls and movie stars hanging out all over. | 常有政客 脱衣舞娘 还有电影明星光顾 |
[1:04:11] | That show at The Flamingo gets better and better. | 佛罗明哥的那场秀越做越好啰 |
[1:04:14] | By the way, Sammy said whenever you have a minute, give him a call. | 对了 山姆说 请你有空时打个电话给他 |
[1:04:18] | – Made you a messenger, too? – I’ll do anything for a buck. | -你也变传话的了啊? -有钱我什么都做啊 |
[1:04:20] | – He does it to everybody. Enjoy your dinner. – Thanks. | -他对每个人都这样 好好享用晚餐 -谢啦 |
[1:04:24] | I got to tell you, the thing Nicky liked most was the showgirls. | 尼奇最喜欢的 当然就是脱衣舞娘 |
[1:04:28] | To them, Nicky was the movie star. | 对她们来说 尼奇像是电影名星 |
[1:04:30] | – You walk past me? – This is Shelly. | -你就这样走过? -这是雪莉 |
[1:04:33] | – Hi, Shelly. How are you? – Hi. | -嗨 雪莉 你好吗? -嗨 |
[1:04:35] | This is Stacy. | 这是史黛希 |
[1:04:37] | – This is Nick. Wanna have dinner? Come on. – All right. | -这是尼克 想吃晚餐吗? 一起吧 -好啊 |
[1:04:40] | Let’s check the kitchen first. Excuse us one second. | 我带你去厨房看看 失陪一下 |
[1:04:42] | Come on, I’ll show you. I fly stuff in fresh every day. | 来吧 我带你去 我每天都空运新鲜的东西进来 |
[1:04:46] | I get bread from back home. I get fish from California. | 我从老家运面包 从加州运鱼 |
[1:04:49] | You can always tell a great kitchen like ours because of the milk- fed veal. | 光从我们用奶喂食的小牛肉就看得出 我们绝对是好餐厅 |
[1:04:53] | That’s the secret. See, milk- fed veal is pure white. | 这就是诀窍 奶喂小牛的肉是纯白色的 |
[1:04:56] | Out here, they got that pink veal. Slide over, honey. | 其他餐馆都用那种粉红色的小牛肉 过去点 甜心 |
[1:05:00] | Now, pink veal you can pound for two days. | 粉红色的那种小牛肉 你就算是追个两天两夜 |
[1:05:04] | It’ll never ever get tender. You know what I mean? | 它还是不会变嫩 你懂我的意思吗? |
[1:05:07] | I left here with the money. Got muscled on the street. | 我从这儿拿钱离开时 在街上被抢了 |
[1:05:10] | A couple guys, I owe them. So I gave them the money. | 是几个我欠钱的家伙 所以我把钱给他们了 |
[1:05:14] | – That’s what I did. – Yeah? | -就是这样 -是吗? |
[1:05:16] | You call yourself a man? | 你还敢自称是男人吗? |
[1:05:18] | You know you’re a lying lowlife, motherfucking gambling degenerate prick? | 你知道你是个撒谎的杂碎 他妈的烂赌的狗东西吗? |
[1:05:22] | You know that’s what you are? Two small kids at home. | 你知道自己是什么东西吗? 家里有两个小孩 |
[1:05:25] | I gave you money to pay the fucking rent… | 我给你钱付房租… |
[1:05:27] | and buy groceries, put the heat on. | 买菜 开暖气 |
[1:05:30] | You know your wife called Frankie and told him the fucking heat’s off? | 你知道你老婆打给法兰克 说家里连暖气都被停了吗? |
[1:05:33] | You didn’t gamble that money? Can you tell me that? | 你没拿钱去赌吗? 你敢这样跟我说吗? |
[1:05:36] | – No, you didn’t? – I didn’t. | -你没有吗? -没有 |
[1:05:37] | Don’t fuck with me, Al! Don’t make a fuck out of me. | 别耍我 艾尔! 别把我当傻子 |
[1:05:41] | You wanna make a fool out of me? You didn’t gamble? | 你当我是傻子是吧? 你没去赌? |
[1:05:44] | Tell me you gambled the money and I’ll give you the money to put the heat on! | 告诉我你把钱拿去赌掉了 我就给你钱回去交电费! |
[1:05:49] | Did you gamble? | 有没有赌? |
[1:05:55] | Fucking degenerate, you. | 真是他妈的狗东西 |
[1:05:58] | Fucking kids at home. | 孩子在家里 |
[1:06:03] | Here. Get the fuck out of here. | 拿去 给我滚 |
[1:06:06] | – Thanks, Nick. – Yeah, thanks. | -谢了 尼克 -是啊 谢了 |
[1:06:08] | If I find out you fucked up, I’ll leave you where I find you. | 若被我知道是你搞砸的 我会把你扔在我找到你的地方 |
[1:06:11] | – How many of these you gonna eat? – Two. | -你要吃几个? -两个 |
[1:06:15] | At around 6:30 a.m., when he finished his day… | 但早上六点半 当他下班时… |
[1:06:18] | no matter where he was or what he was doing… | 不管他在那里或是在做什么… |
[1:06:20] | he always went home to make breakfast for his son, Nicky boy. | 他都会回家为儿子 小尼奇做早餐 |
[1:06:24] | I know you like this. | 我知道你喜欢 |
[1:06:26] | A little butter, right? Not a lot. You know why, right? | 一点点牛油 对不对? 不要很多 你知道为什么 对不对? |
[1:06:29] | – Why? – ‘Cause it clogs up your heart. | -为什么? -因为会堵塞心脏 |
[1:06:33] | What a smart kid you are. | 你真是聪明的孩子 |
[1:06:36] | Okay, eat. | 快吃吧 |
[1:06:37] | Every couple of weeks, I sent Marino back to the bosses… | 每隔几个礼拜我就会派玛雷诺 去老大那儿… |
[1:06:40] | with a piece of what I made. Not a big piece, but what did they know? | 也分他们一份 当然不是很多 但他们哪知道? |
[1:06:44] | They were 1,500 miles away, and I don’t know anybody who can see that far. | 他们在2500里外 天高皇帝远 |
[1:06:48] | Their drop was a truck stop garage… | 收货地点是个修车场… |
[1:06:50] | where Remo and the guys used to hang out and count their millions. | 利蒙他们以前常在那儿数钱 |
[1:06:54] | The cops knew, but they didn’t give a fuck. They worked it out. | 条子们也知道 但他们不在乎 他们早协议好了 |
[1:06:57] | Nicky sends his warmest regards. | 尼奇向你们问好 |
[1:06:59] | I knew how to keep the bosses happy. | 我知道怎样让老大们服服帖帖 |
[1:07:01] | Whenever they gave me little jobs to do, you know, to send a message… | 每当他们有些小事需要我做 例如传个话之类的… |
[1:07:05] | I would carry things out to a “T.” | 我一定做到完美 |
[1:07:09] | Like the time Tony Dogs, who was supposed to be the new maniac tough guy in town… | 就像那次东尼道格 那个听说是城里的新硬汉… |
[1:07:13] | shot up one of Remo’s bars. | 在利蒙的一家酒吧乱开枪 |
[1:07:20] | Here’s a fucking guy who kills two of Remo’s guys… | 这浑蛋打死了两个利蒙的手下… |
[1:07:23] | and a poor fucking waitress who was just working on her night off. | 还有一个代班的倒霉女侍者 |
[1:07:29] | This guy’s just begging to be made an example of. | 这家伙根本就 等着被我们杀鸡儆猴 |
[1:07:33] | I want the names of all the other people he had with him. | 我要知道当天有谁跟他一起动手 |
[1:07:36] | I don’t care what you have to do to them to get them. You understand? | 我要你不择手段去查 懂不懂? |
[1:07:40] | I’ll take care of it. | 我搞定 |
[1:07:42] | To be truthful with you, I had to admire this fucking guy. | 说真的 我还蛮佩服这浑蛋的 |
[1:07:46] | He was one of the toughest Irishmen I ever met. | 他真是我所遇过 最硬脖子的爱尔兰人 |
[1:07:49] | This son of a bitch was tough. | 这家伙真是个硬汉 |
[1:07:51] | For two days and two nights, we beat the shit out of him. | 我们痛殴了他两天两夜 |
[1:07:54] | We even stuck ice picks in his balls. | 还用冰锉刺他的睪丸 |
[1:07:57] | Hope he gives me a name, or I’ll give him yours, Frank. | 他最好快吐个名字出来 法兰克 要不然我就递你的上去 |
[1:08:00] | Thanks a lot. | 谢谢喔 |
[1:08:01] | But he never talked. | 但他守口如瓶 |
[1:08:02] | I know you would’ve ratted by now. | 我知道你要供早就供了 |
[1:08:04] | In the end, I had to put his fucking head in a vice. | 最后 我还得他妈的把他的头 摆在夹板里 |
[1:08:08] | Can you hear me? | 你听到了没? |
[1:08:10] | Listen to me. I got your head in a vice. | 听好 你的头在夹板里 |
[1:08:13] | I’ll squash your head like a grapefruit if you don’t give me a name. | 再不给我个名字 我就夹爆你的头 |
[1:08:17] | Don’t make me do this. Please, come on. | 别逼我这么做 拜托你快说吧 |
[1:08:19] | Don’t make me be a bad guy. | 别逼我当坏人 |
[1:08:23] | Fuck you. | 去你的 |
[1:08:25] | Motherfucker. You believe this? Two fucking days and nights. | 王八蛋 你相信吗? 他妈的两天两夜 |
[1:08:28] | Fuck me? You motherfucker! | 去我的? 你这个王八蛋! |
[1:08:31] | Fuck my mother? Is that what you’re telling me? | 去我老母? 你是这意思是吧? |
[1:08:34] | You motherfucker! | 你这浑蛋! |
[1:08:37] | Oh, God. Give me the fucking name! | 天呀 给我一个名字! |
[1:08:40] | Charlie M. | 查理 |
[1:08:42] | – Charlie M. – Charlie M? | -查理 -查理? |
[1:08:44] | You make me pop your eye out your head… | 你逼我将你眼珠都爆出来… |
[1:08:47] | to protect that piece of shit? | 就为了保护这狗屁名字? |
[1:08:50] | You dumb motherfucker! | 王八蛋加蠢才! |
[1:08:52] | Kill me, you fuck! | 杀了我啊 浑蛋! |
[1:08:54] | You motherfucker! | 你这王八蛋! |
[1:08:57] | Frankie, do him a fucking favor. | 法兰克 你帮帮他吧 |
[1:08:59] | Word got around that finally… | 镇上流传着… |
[1:09:02] | there was a real gangster in town. | 说这儿终于出了个真的帮派份子 |
[1:09:05] | Nicky was the new boss of Las Vegas. | 尼奇成了拉斯维加斯的新老大 |
[1:09:13] | Four reels, sevens across. Three $15,000 jackpots. | 四个轮 一排七个 三个一万五的奖金 |
[1:09:17] | You have any idea what the odds are? | 你知道这机率是多少吗? |
[1:09:19] | It’s gotta be in the millions. Maybe more. | 要好几百万 可能更多 |
[1:09:21] | Three jackpots in 20 minutes? | 二十分钟内三个大奖? |
[1:09:23] | Why didn’t you pull the machines? Why didn’t you call me? | 你为什么没停机? 为什么没通知我? |
[1:09:25] | It happened quick. Three guys won. I didn’t have a chance. | 发生得太快 一下就三个人赢 我还没机会 |
[1:09:28] | You didn’t see the scam? | 你没看到出千吗? |
[1:09:30] | There’s no way to determine that. | 这无法确定 |
[1:09:32] | Yes, there is. An infallible way. They won! | 有 绝对有 他们赢了就是最好的证据 |
[1:09:34] | It’s a casino. People gotta win sometimes. | 这里是赌场 总会有人赢的 |
[1:09:37] | You’re pissing me off. You’re insulting my intelligence. | 你气死我了 你在污辱我的智慧 |
[1:09:40] | You think I’m an idiot? | 你认为我是白痴? |
[1:09:42] | Somebody had to get into those machines and set the reels. | 一定有人对转轮动了手脚 |
[1:09:45] | The probability on one machine is a million and a half to one. | 一台机的机率是一百五十万比一 |
[1:09:48] | On three machines in a row, it’s in the billions. It can’t happen. | 连续三台的机率是好几兆比一 这根本不可能 |
[1:09:51] | What’s the matter with you? | 你到底是怎么了? |
[1:09:53] | Didn’t you see you were being set up on the second win? | 你难道不知道你被骗了吗? |
[1:09:57] | – You didn’t see that? – I think you’re overreacting. | -你没看到吗? -我觉得你有些反应过度 |
[1:10:00] | Listen, you yokel, I’ve had it with you. | 听着 智障 我受够你了 |
[1:10:02] | I’ve carried your ass ever since I got here. | 我从到这儿时就一直罩你 |
[1:10:04] | Get your things and get out of here. | 把东西收收走吧 |
[1:10:06] | – You’re firing me? – I’m firing you. | -你开除我? -我就开除你 |
[1:10:10] | – You might regret this. – I’ll regret it if I keep you. | -你可能会后悔 -留你我一定后悔 |
[1:10:13] | – This is not the way to treat people. – If you didn’t know about the scam… | -不应该这样对人 -若你不知道有人出千… |
[1:10:16] | you’re too dumb to work here. If you did, you were in on it. | 你就蠢到不配在这儿工作 若你知道 你就是共犯 |
[1:10:19] | Either way, you’re out. Go on. | 不管怎样 你都得走 |
[1:10:23] | The guy is history as far as I’m concerned. | 在我看来那家伙已经被炒了 |
[1:10:26] | You can’t fire him. His brother- in- law is County Commissioner. | 你不能开除他 他的姐夫是县辅导 |
[1:10:29] | Everyone out here with cowboy boots is a commissioner or related to one. | 这里每个穿马靴的不是辅导 就是辅导的亲戚 |
[1:10:33] | I’m sick of this. | 我受够了 |
[1:10:35] | This is his state. His uncle’s Chief Judge. | 这是他的州 他的叔叔是大法官 |
[1:10:37] | His brother- in- law runs the County Commission. | 他的姐夫管理县委员会 |
[1:10:40] | There’s gotta be a way to work him back in. | 一定有方法让他回来 |
[1:10:42] | You’re in the finances, upstairs. You don’t see what’s going on. | 你是搞帐目的 在楼上 你看不到下面发生的事 |
[1:10:46] | I’ve got thousands of players. I got 500 dealers. | 我有上千的赌客 却只有五百个庄家 |
[1:10:49] | They’re all looking to rob me blind 24 hours a day. | 他们每天24小时都在想着 怎么将我抢空 |
[1:10:52] | I have to let them know I’m watching all the details all the time. | 我必须要让他们知道 我随时都在注意每个细节 |
[1:10:55] | That there is not one single thing I will not catch. | 我不会漏掉任何一样事情 |
[1:10:59] | Look at yours. Look at that. | 看你的 看 |
[1:11:02] | Look at this. There’s nothing. | 再看这个 什么都没有 |
[1:11:04] | Look how many blueberries your muffin has. | 你看你的蓝莓那么多 |
[1:11:06] | – I have nothing. – What are you talking about? | -我一个都没有 -你在说什么? |
[1:11:09] | If you don’t do it yourself, it never gets done. | 自己不动手做就弄不好 |
[1:11:12] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪儿? |
[1:11:15] | From now on, I want you to put an equal amount of blueberries in each muffin. | 从现在开始 我要你全都放同份量的蓝莓 |
[1:11:24] | Do you know how long that will take? | 你知道那多花时间吗? |
[1:11:25] | I don’t care how long it takes. Put an equal amount in each muffin. | 我不管要多久 每个松饼的份量都要一致 |
[1:11:33] | Just a little. That a girl. | 再吃一点 乖 |
[1:11:39] | – Wanna go to Mommy? – Wanna come to Mommy? | -你要找妈妈? -来妈妈这儿? |
[1:11:41] | It’s all right, sweetheart. | 好的 甜心 |
[1:11:43] | I need to talk to you. I need some money. | 我要跟你谈谈 我需要点钱 |
[1:11:48] | – What do you need? – Got her? | -你要什么? -抱好了吗? |
[1:11:52] | I need a lot. I need more than usual. | 我需要很多 比平时要多 |
[1:11:54] | Why don’t you take it out of your account? | 为什么不从你户头领呢? |
[1:11:56] | I would, it’s just that… | 我本想 只是… |
[1:12:00] | I need more than that. I need $25,000. | 我需要更多 我要两万五 |
[1:12:04] | $25,000? | 两万五千元? |
[1:12:07] | – For yourself? – Yeah. | -你自己要? -是啊 |
[1:12:09] | Why do you need that much? | 你为什么要那么多? |
[1:12:11] | What’s the difference? I just need it. | 有什么差别? 我需要就是了 |
[1:12:14] | I gotta ask you. That’s a lot of money. It’s not a box of popcorn. | 我一定得问啊 那很多钱耶 又不只是一盒爆米花 |
[1:12:18] | We don’t have to turn this into a big deal. | 我们不用将这变成件大事 |
[1:12:20] | We don’t have to have a fight. | 我们不用吵架 |
[1:12:23] | It was important to me. Forget it. Something I wanted to do. | 只是对我很重要 算了 有些想做的事罢了 |
[1:12:27] | Who’s fighting? Tell me what it’s for. | 谁在吵架? 告诉我钱的用处 |
[1:12:33] | Why can’t you tell me what it’s for? | 为什么不能告诉我? |
[1:12:40] | Now I want you to tell me. | 现在我要你告诉我 |
[1:12:42] | My wife comes to me and asks me for $25,000. Do you want a coat? | 我老婆跑来问我要两万五 你想买大衣吗? |
[1:12:46] | – No. – If you want a coat, you got it. | -不 -如果想买大衣 就去买啊 |
[1:12:48] | It’s not the money. It’s just, why do you want it? | 不是钱的问题 只是 你为什么要? |
[1:12:51] | Am I not entitled to ask that? | 我无权过问吗? |
[1:12:53] | I’ve been independent all my life. I never had to ask anybody for anything. | 我一辈子都很独立 我从不为任何事求人 |
[1:12:56] | Now you’re making me beg you for this. | 现在你要我求你是吧 |
[1:12:59] | – What are you talking about? – Okay? And you’re embarrassing me. | -你在说什么? -好 你还羞辱我 |
[1:13:02] | – Why make me feel so bad? – You’re asking me for $25,000. | -为什么得让我如此难受? -你问我要两万五 |
[1:13:05] | I’m not out to make you feel bad. I want to just be able to trust you. | 我不是要让你难堪 我只是希望能信任你 |
[1:13:09] | It’s about trust. | 是信任问题 |
[1:13:12] | I have to be able to trust you with my life. | 我必须要连性命都能交托于你 |
[1:13:14] | Do you understand? | 你懂吗? |
[1:13:17] | Can I trust you? | 我能信任你吗? |
[1:13:26] | Can I trust you? Answer me. | 我能吗? 告诉我 |
[1:13:31] | You can trust me. | 你能 |
[1:13:32] | Good. So then you can tell me what the money is for. | 好 那你就可以告诉我 钱要拿来干嘛 |
[1:13:57] | She’s leaving the bank now. | 她现在正离开银行 |
[1:14:00] | I’ll follow her. | 我跟着她 |
[1:14:02] | What is that? | 那是什么? |
[1:14:04] | I know that look. What does that look mean? | 我知道那神情 那表情是什么意思? |
[1:14:06] | It means I got the money. | 意思是我有钱 |
[1:14:27] | How are you doing? It’s Lester, right? | 你好吗? 是莱斯特吧? |
[1:14:37] | From my recollection, aren’t you the card shark… | 我记得你不是玩牌老手… |
[1:14:41] | the golf hustler, the pimp from Beverly Hills? | 高尔夫球骗子 比佛利山庄的皮条客吗? |
[1:14:47] | If I’m wrong, correct me. | 若记错了 请纠正我 |
[1:14:49] | I never knew you to be a heist man. | 我从不知道你也是个小偷 |
[1:14:51] | But if you are, you know what? | 不过如果是的话 这样吧 |
[1:14:54] | Here, take mine, too. | 我的也拿去吧 |
[1:14:56] | Take it. You already have hers. | 拿吧 反正你已拿了她的 |
[1:15:00] | She’s my wife. | 她是我老婆 |
[1:15:03] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[1:15:04] | You did know that, didn’t you? You knew she’s my wife? | 你知道吧? 你知道她是我老婆吧? |
[1:15:08] | – Look at me. – I know that. | -看着我 -我知道 |
[1:15:10] | You do, yeah? | 知道啊? |
[1:15:15] | If you ever come back again… | 你下次若再想回来… |
[1:15:18] | to take her money, next time bring a pistol. | 拿她的钱 记得带枪 |
[1:15:21] | That way you got a chance. | 这样你才有机会 |
[1:15:23] | Be a man, don’t be a fucking pimp. | 当个男人 别做皮条客 |
[1:15:26] | Now, you want to do me a favor? Get out of here. | 现在 卖我个面子 快滚吧 |
[1:15:30] | I wanna be alone with my wife. Get the fuck up and get out of here. | 我想跟我老婆独处 给我他妈的滚 |
[1:15:40] | Fucking piece of shit. | 浑蛋狗杂种 |
[1:15:52] | Remember when you called him that night and said goodbye to him? | 记得那晚你打电话跟他道别吗? |
[1:15:56] | He didn’t say, “Don’t get married. I’ll be right down.” | 他并没说: “别结婚 我马上来” |
[1:15:59] | – He didn’t say that, did he? – No, he didn’t. | -他没这样说吧? -不 没有 |
[1:16:01] | What did he say? | 那他说了什么? |
[1:16:06] | “Fuck him. Take him for everything he’s got.” | “跟他睡 捞光他的钱” |
[1:16:10] | Come here. I want to show you something. | 过来 我给你看样东西 |
[1:16:25] | Make them stop it! | 叫他们停! |
[1:16:33] | It’s not his fault! It’s my fault! | 不是他的错! 是我的错! |
[1:16:50] | Piece of shit. | 没用的狗杂种 |
[1:17:00] | Do it yourself, you chickenshit cocksucker! | 自己来吧 你这没胆的浑蛋! |
[1:17:04] | He’s such a prick. | 他太可恶了 |
[1:17:06] | He had some guy from the hotel beat him up. | 他叫旅馆的人揍他 |
[1:17:09] | He didn’t want to do it himself. | 他自己不想动手 |
[1:17:11] | He didn’t want to get his own hands dirty. | 他不想将手弄脏 |
[1:17:16] | Why did he have to do that? | 他为什么要这样? |
[1:17:18] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[1:17:20] | – It wasn’t a nice thing to do – No shit. | -那不是件好事…-废话 |
[1:17:23] | You gotta understand it. He doesn’t know if this guy is shaking you down. | 你得了解 他并不知道这人 是不是在骗你的钱 |
[1:17:29] | I told him all about this guy before we got married. | 我在结婚前就告诉过他这个人了 |
[1:17:32] | – This is no fucking surprise. – You did? I didn’t know that. | -这并不是什么新鲜事 -是吗? 我并不知道 |
[1:17:36] | He’s just a friend of mine I was trying to help. So what? | 他只是我的朋友 我想要帮他 有什么大不了? |
[1:17:41] | The first time I ever saw you guys together… | 我第一次看到你们俩在一起时… |
[1:17:44] | I never saw him so happy. | 我从未见他那么快乐过 |
[1:17:47] | I know he’s a crazy Jew fuck and everything… | 我知道他是个犹太疯子… |
[1:17:50] | but I never seen him act like that with anybody else. | 但我从未见过他跟别人一起时这样 |
[1:17:54] | I think he’s crazy about you. He really loves you. | 他为你疯狂 他真的很爱你 |
[1:17:57] | – He does. – Come on. | -他真的是 -拜托 |
[1:17:59] | I went into this with my eyes open. | 我是睁着双眼走进这关系的 |
[1:18:02] | I knew the bottom could drop out any time. | 我知道随时都可能变卦 |
[1:18:04] | I’m a working girl. You don’t think I’m gonna go into a situation like this… | 我也混过 你真以为 我在没有保障的情况下… |
[1:18:08] | if I don’t think I’m covered on the back end? | 会走这条路吗? |
[1:18:10] | Sure, I can see that. | 是啊 我可以了解 |
[1:18:13] | So he put aside some jewelry for me. A lot of jewelry. | 他买了好多珠宝给我 好多好多 |
[1:18:17] | A lot of expensive jewelry? About how much? | 很多贵重的珠宝? 大概值多少? |
[1:18:20] | You want to steal it? | 你想偷吗? |
[1:18:22] | No. I’m just curious. I was wondering… | 不 只是好奇 我是在想… |
[1:18:26] | how much he would put into a thing like that. | 他会在那种东西里 投入多少钱 |
[1:18:29] | I’m told it’s worth about $1 million, maybe more. | 他跟我说大约一百万 可能更多 |
[1:18:32] | There you go. What does that tell you? | 那就是啰 这说明了什么? |
[1:18:34] | $1 million in jewelry. | 一百万的珠宝 |
[1:18:37] | Does that tell you he is crazy about you? | 这不说明了他爱你爱到疯了吗? |
[1:18:39] | I should have never married him. | 我根本就不该嫁给他的 |
[1:18:41] | He’s a Gemini. Triple Gemini. Duality. | 他是双子座的 双子加三级 两面人 |
[1:18:46] | Gemini is the snake, you know. You can’t trust a snake. | 双子座就像条蛇 你不能相信蛇 |
[1:18:51] | I mean it. | 我说真的 |
[1:18:52] | I know what you mean. Listen, Ginger. | 我懂你的意思 金吉儿 听着 |
[1:18:56] | This is probably not…. I don’t have the answers anyway. | 这可能不是…我也没有答案 |
[1:19:00] | – This is probably not what you want to hear. – I do. | -这可能不是你想听的 -我想 |
[1:19:02] | You’re a little upset, and I understand that. | 你不高兴 我可以理解… |
[1:19:06] | But try to make the best of it now. Go slow. See what happens. | 但先撑着点吧 慢慢来 看看会发生什么事 |
[1:19:10] | He could’ve killed him! | 他差点杀了他! |
[1:19:13] | He didn’t have to hit him. I’m not sleeping with the guy. | 他用不着打他 我又没跟他上床 |
[1:19:17] | He makes me sneak around to see my own friends. | 他让我得偷偷摸摸的 跟我的朋友见面 |
[1:19:19] | What the fuck is that all about? | 这算什么呢? |
[1:19:21] | I guess it’s ’cause he loves you so much, he’s jealous and worries. | 我想是因为他太爱你了吧 他吃醋又担心 |
[1:19:25] | Who gives a fuck what I do? | 谁会在乎我做什么? |
[1:19:29] | I’ll try to find out what the hell is going on. | 我会试着问问到底怎样 |
[1:19:31] | – When I see him, I’ll talk to him. – Okay. | -遇到他时我会跟他谈谈的 -好 |
[1:19:34] | – All right? – Yeah. | -可以吗? -好 |
[1:19:37] | Thanks… | 谢了… |
[1:19:39] | for putting up with me. | 忍受我唠叨 |
[1:19:41] | Take it easy with this shit. This can only make matters worse. | 别喝这么凶吧 这只会让情况更糟 |
[1:19:45] | You’re a beautiful girl. Don’t ruin that. | 你是个美女 别搞砸了 |
[1:19:47] | I’ve seen a lot of girls get shot to hell from this stuff. | 我看过太多漂亮女孩 因这个变丑八怪 |
[1:19:51] | You’re so nice. | 你真好 |
[1:19:53] | Come on, now. I don’t wanna see you unhappy. | 好了啦 我不想见你不快乐 |
[1:19:58] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[1:20:04] | It’s all right. | 没事啦 |
[1:20:19] | County Commissioner Pat Webb is here to see you. | 县辅导派特·委布来见你 |
[1:20:22] | – Give me a minute. – Okay. Just a minute. | -等一下 -好的 请稍候 |
[1:20:42] | Can I get you anything? | 你需要什么吗? |
[1:20:45] | No, thank you, little lady. | 不 谢谢 小姐 |
[1:20:47] | Send him in and call me four minutes after. | 让他进来 然后四分钟后打给我 |
[1:20:50] | Mr. Rothstein, I’m Pat Webb. | 罗斯坦先生 我是派特·委布 |
[1:20:53] | How do you do? | 你好吗? |
[1:20:54] | – It is a pleasure. – I heard a lot about you. | -幸会 -我常听起你的事 |
[1:20:56] | Thank you, sir. House is doing well. | 过奖了 庄家最近还过得去 |
[1:21:00] | All that money is rolling in. | 那么多钱滚滚而来 |
[1:21:02] | I appreciate you taking the time to see a poor old civil servant. | 我很感激你愿意见我这老公仆 |
[1:21:05] | – Why don’t you have a seat? – Thank you, sir. | -不如坐下吧? -谢谢您 |
[1:21:09] | I come here personally to smooth over… | 我是来亲自化解… |
[1:21:12] | any fracas about a certain matter. | 一些小误会的 |
[1:21:15] | Maybe you didn’t know it… | 你可能不知道… |
[1:21:16] | but Don Ward is a very well- liked man in this town. | 但道恩华德在镇上挺受欢迎的 |
[1:21:20] | He’s got lots of friends. His family and their money go back many years. | 他有许多朋友 他们家族及产业也很久了 |
[1:21:24] | Friends vote, family and money votes. | 朋友是选民 家人与金钱都能助选 |
[1:21:28] | That’s important to me and you. | 这对你我都很重要 |
[1:21:31] | If you’ll think about our little problem along them lines… | 若你从这个角度 来看我们这个小问题的话… |
[1:21:37] | and you’ll forgive me for saying it… | 很抱歉我得这么说… |
[1:21:39] | maybe he did not deserve to be fired. | 但他可能不该被开除 |
[1:21:42] | He knew about our getting hit… | 他非常清楚我们… |
[1:21:44] | on three big machines in a row, and he did nothing about it. | 在一瞬间被赢了三个大奖 但他却袖手旁观 |
[1:21:47] | Either he was in on it or, forgive me, he was too dumb to see it. | 他要不是跟他们一伙 那很抱歉 他就是蠢到看不见 |
[1:21:52] | Either way, I cannot have a man like that working here. | 不论如何 我都无法让一个 这样的人在这儿工作 |
[1:21:54] | Before we point the dirty end of the stick at old Don… | 在将过错都推给道恩前… |
[1:21:58] | we better be sure we can prove them charges. | 我们得先确定有证据这样指控他 |
[1:22:00] | Believe me, if I could prove it, he’d be under arrest. | 相信我 要是有证据 他早就被逮捕了 |
[1:22:06] | Are we certain that you want the Gaming Control Board… | 你确定要让赌博游乐委员会… |
[1:22:10] | eyeballing your record and your gangster pals like Nicky? | 过目你与你的帮派朋友 尼奇的记录吗? |
[1:22:14] | I think you’re way out of line talking to me like that. | 我觉得你这样跟我说 有点太过分了 |
[1:22:17] | What you’re saying is libelous. You’re in no position to challenge my expertise. | 你所说的几乎是毁谤 你无权怀疑我的专业 |
[1:22:21] | I went way out of my way to be helpful and courteous to that kid. | 我已尽我所能去 帮助并善待那孩子 |
[1:22:24] | He’s weak. He’s incompetent. He jeopardizes the whole place. | 他太弱了也很无能 他使这地方濒于险境 |
[1:22:28] | There’s not much more I can do for him. | 我对他真的无能为力 |
[1:22:30] | You have got me there. | 这倒是真的 |
[1:22:33] | Old Don is as useless as tits on a boar. | 道恩就像公猪身上的奶头一样无用 |
[1:22:37] | But he is my brother- in- law… | 但他还是我的小舅子… |
[1:22:40] | and I would look on it as a personal favor… | 我会当是我欠你的一个人情 |
[1:22:43] | if you’d think some more on hiring him back. | 若你愿意考虑重新聘用他 |
[1:22:46] | I can’t do that. | 我不能 |
[1:22:48] | I appreciate the fact that he’s your brother- in- law. | 我知道他是你的小舅子 |
[1:22:51] | I do want to help you and I like to do favors. | 我也想帮你更喜欢卖人情 |
[1:22:53] | And I know who you are. But I cannot do that. | 我也知道你的地位 但我真的不能这么做 |
[1:22:58] | Could there be any position… | 日后是否会有其它较适合的… |
[1:23:02] | farther down the trough? | 职位呢? |
[1:23:06] | I’m sorry. I can’t do anything. | 抱歉 并没有 |
[1:23:07] | He’s too incompetent. The bottom line is he cannot be trusted. | 他太无能了 最终还是他不能被信任 |
[1:23:14] | Okay, thanks a lot. | 好吧 谢谢 |
[1:23:19] | That’s it. I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:23:21] | Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand… | 罗斯坦先生 你们这帮人永远都不会懂… |
[1:23:25] | the way it works out here. | 这里的世界如何运作 |
[1:23:28] | You’re all just our guests. | 你们只不过来此地做客 |
[1:23:30] | But you act like you’re at home. | 但却喧宝夺主 |
[1:23:33] | Let me tell you something, partner. You ain’t home. | 让我告诉你 老兄 这并不是你家 |
[1:23:37] | But that’s where we’ll send you if it harelips the Governor. | 家是我们州长生气时 送你们回的地方 |
[1:23:43] | – Thank you for your time. – No problem. | -多谢你空出时间见我 -没问题 |
[1:23:47] | – Sorry. – You bet. | -对不起 -当然 |
[1:23:54] | What happened to my pills? | 我的药呢? |
[1:23:58] | Isn’t it bad enough you drink too much? You’re taking my pills, too? | 你喝那么多酒还不够吗? 你还要吃我的药? |
[1:24:02] | I didn’t take your pills. | 我没吃你的药 |
[1:24:03] | For my ulcer, I take a half of one of these. | 我因为胃溃疡 才吃半颗 |
[1:24:06] | That’s when I have extreme pain. | 而且是痛到无法忍时才吃 |
[1:24:09] | I had a three- month supply. What did you do with them? | 我本来有三个月份的 你弄到哪里去了? |
[1:24:12] | You didn’t have to beat him up. | 你用不着打他的 |
[1:24:15] | What? | 什么? |
[1:24:17] | I was just trying to help him. | 我只是想帮他 |
[1:24:20] | Like I’m sleeping with the guy. | 好像我跟他上床似的 |
[1:24:23] | Yeah, how do I know? | 是吗 我哪知道? |
[1:24:25] | You can’t make me stop caring about people. | 你不能让我完全不关心别人 |
[1:24:28] | – What? – I said… | -什么? -我说… |
[1:24:32] | you can’t make me stop caring about people. | 你不能让我完全不关心别人 |
[1:24:43] | Listen… | 听着… |
[1:24:47] | I’m trying to make the best of everything here. | 我只想让一切比较好 |
[1:24:49] | I mean, you’re my wife, for Christ’s sakes. | 老天啊 你是我老婆 |
[1:24:53] | People look up to you in this town. | 镇上的人都很看重你 |
[1:24:55] | You know what, Ace? I don’t give a shit. | 你知道吗 艾斯? 那关我屁事 |
[1:24:59] | I’m getting out of here. | 我要离开 |
[1:25:08] | You gotta get a hold of yourself. | 你冷静一点 |
[1:25:10] | – Okay. – If not for me, at least for Amy. | -好 -不为我 也为艾美 |
[1:25:13] | Understand? Your drinking’s getting way out of hand. | 懂吗 你酒喝得太过分了 |
[1:25:16] | I’m gonna get you into a program. They got plenty of good ones. | 我帮你安排去做治疗 这儿有很多好疗养所 |
[1:25:19] | – I don’t need one. – Yes, you do. It’s very discreet. | -我不需要 -你需要 那很隐密的 |
[1:25:23] | There’s no names in the papers. | 姓名也不会被公布 |
[1:25:25] | That’s all you care about. | 你只在乎名誉 |
[1:25:28] | You don’t care about me. | 你不在乎我 |
[1:25:30] | – Yes, I do. – No, you don’t. | -我在乎 -不 你不在乎 |
[1:25:32] | How could you say that? | 你怎能这样说? |
[1:25:34] | You’re a beautiful woman. You’re destroying yourself. | 你是个美丽的女人 你在摧残自己 |
[1:25:37] | You don’t need that stuff, that fucking leech living off you. | 你不需要那些 你现在芒刺在背 |
[1:25:40] | I know you better than you know yourself. | 我比你还要了解你 |
[1:25:42] | You’re a tiger. You’re stronger than I am. | 你像只老虎 你比我还坚强 |
[1:25:45] | When you set your mind on doing something, you do it better than anybody. | 只要你下定决心的事 你就做得比任何人都要好 |
[1:25:54] | You’re gonna do it. | 你一定得去 |
[1:25:56] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[1:26:07] | I’ll try. | 我试 |
[1:26:12] | I will. | 我会的 |
[1:26:15] | Don’t be mad at me, okay? | 别生我气 好吗? |
[1:26:28] | No matter what the problems were outside the count room… | 不管在计算室外有多少问题… |
[1:26:32] | it was all worth it. | 都是值得的 |
[1:26:34] | The cash kept rolling in… | 现金滚滚而来… |
[1:26:37] | and the suitcases kept coming and going. | 皮箱也不停的进出 |
[1:26:41] | And let me tell you, the fucking bottom line here is cash. | 让我告诉你 除了钱还是钱 |
[1:26:47] | The only problem was that after a while… | 唯一的问题是过了一阵子后… |
[1:26:49] | the bosses noticed that the suitcases were getting a little light. | 老大们发觉皮箱越来越轻 |
[1:26:54] | Wait a minute. You mean to tell me… | 等一下 你是说… |
[1:26:56] | that the money we’re robbing is being robbed? | 我们抢的钱被人抢? |
[1:26:59] | Somebody’s robbing from us? | 有人抢我们? |
[1:27:01] | We go through all this fucking trouble and somebody’s robbing us? | 我们这么大费周章 竟有人在抢我们? |
[1:27:05] | Like I said, it’s part of the business. It’s considered leakage. | 如我所说 这就是这行的一部分 就当做是遗漏的 |
[1:27:09] | Leakage, my balls. I want the guy who’s robbing us. | 遗漏 狗屁 我要找到抢我们的人 |
[1:27:12] | Even John Nance, that’s the guy who ran the scam… | 就连约翰·南斯 主导这骗局的人… |
[1:27:14] | he knew there wasn’t much he could do about it. | 都知道自己无能为力去阻止 |
[1:27:17] | You gotta know that a guy who helps you steal… | 你得知道一个肯帮你偷钱的人… |
[1:27:19] | even if you take care of him real well… | 就算你把他照顾得好好的… |
[1:27:21] | he’s gonna steal a little extra for himself. | 他还是为自己多偷一点 |
[1:27:24] | Makes sense, don’t it? Right? | 很合理不是吗? |
[1:27:26] | You go try and make these hard- headed old greaseballs understand that. | 试着让这些固执的老头们了解吧 |
[1:27:30] | What’s the point of skimming if we’re being skimmed? | 如果自己抽完还要被别人抽 还有什么意义? |
[1:27:32] | It defeats the whole purpose of what we’re doing. | 这样我们根本就在做白工嘛 |
[1:27:35] | They take this money because they’re my guys, so give them some leeway. | 他们是我的手下才帮我们拿钱 就睁只眼闭只眼吧 |
[1:27:39] | But the bosses never believed in leeway… | 但老大们从来就不相信这理论… |
[1:27:42] | so listen to what they do. | 听听他们做了什么 |
[1:27:44] | They put Artie Piscano, the underboss of K. C… | 他们将艾题派斯康 堪萨斯市的二佬… |
[1:27:47] | in charge of making sure nobody skimmed the skim. | 调来管理 确定没有人抽头 |
[1:27:50] | – What were you doing? – I was with my cumari. | -你那时在干嘛? -我与我马子一起 |
[1:27:53] | – What were you doing with your cumari? – I gave her a schiaffo. | -你跟你马子那时在干嘛? -我打她一巴掌 |
[1:27:56] | The only trouble was, Piscano was a disaster. | 问题是 派斯康是个麻烦 |
[1:27:59] | This guy could fuck up a cup of coffee. | 这家伙连泡咖啡都可搞砸 |
[1:28:01] | – What you been doing? – I’m out there more than I’m here. | -你都在干嘛? -我在那儿的时间比在这儿多 |
[1:28:04] | Little did anybody know where this would lead. | 当时没人想到 后来会演变为何 |
[1:28:07] | If they did, they would’ve been better off making fucking novenas. | 若有人早知道 去做念珠可能都还好些 |
[1:28:10] | You gotta go back there and talk to that guy. | 你得回去跟那家伙讲 |
[1:28:13] | – My expenses weren’t paid for the last trip. – What expenses? | -我上次的花费都还没补给我 -什么花费? |
[1:28:16] | I’m laying money out of my own pocket, and I never get anything back. | 我一直自掏腰包 却什么都拿不回来 |
[1:28:20] | You gotta go back out there. | 你得再回去 |
[1:28:21] | From now on, I’m gonna start keeping records. | 从今开始 我得开始做记录了 |
[1:28:24] | What are you gonna do with records, pay taxes? | 你要记录干嘛 缴税吗? |
[1:28:28] | I can’t keep laying out my own fucking dough for these trips. | 我不能一直这样自己出钱 跑来跑去 |
[1:28:31] | What the hell are we doing over here? | 我们他妈的到底在那儿干嘛? |
[1:28:33] | You’re going to Las Vegas and having a good time at my expense. | 我花钱让你去赌城玩 |
[1:28:36] | What the fuck? I mean, after all…. | 我靠 我是说… |
[1:28:38] | No matter how many novenas you could make… | 不论你做了几符念珠… |
[1:28:40] | nothing was gonna stop what came up next at the casino. | 都无法阻止接下来 在赌场发生的事 |
[1:28:43] | – I can’t believe you’re doing this. – We made a deal. | -我不相信你会这样做 -我们有协议 |
[1:28:46] | It turned out Phil Green, “Mr. Integrity”… | 结果菲立浦·葛林 “老实先生”… |
[1:28:49] | had a partner nobody knew about… | 有个没人知道的搭挡… |
[1:28:51] | and when she showed up and demanded money from Tangiers… | 当她出现并向坦吉乐要钱时… |
[1:28:54] | – Why are you doing this to me? – Because you’re wrong. | -你为什么这样对我? -因为你错了 |
[1:28:57] | I’m not. You are. | -我没错 -你有 |
[1:28:58] | No, I am not wrong. | 不 我没错 |
[1:29:00] | …Green tried to stonewall her. | 葛林试着搪塞她 |
[1:29:01] | I will see that you don’t get away with this. | 我不会这么轻易的放过你的 |
[1:29:04] | So, she sued him in court. | 所以她一状告到法庭去 |
[1:29:06] | The court will now hear the matter of Anna Scott… | 本庭现在将开始审理 安娜·史考特… |
[1:29:09] | against Tangiers Corporation and its President, Philip Green. | 对坦吉乐集团与其总裁 菲立浦·葛林 |
[1:29:12] | – Oberon on behalf of Mr. Green. – Logan on behalf of Anna Scott. | -葛林先生将由欧伯伦辩护 -安娜·史考特的律师则是罗根 |
[1:29:16] | – Mr. Oberon, you can proceed. – Thank you. | -欧伯伦先生 可以开始了 -谢谢 大人 |
[1:29:19] | I believe he was fair, and I’m delighted with the decision. | 我觉得判决很公正 而我也对判决非常满意 |
[1:29:23] | We got a problem. | 有麻 烦了 |
[1:29:28] | It didn’t go too well. Green has to open up the books… | 官司结果不理想 葛林得呈交帐簿… |
[1:29:31] | has to show how he got the financing. | 他得解释钱是怎么来的 |
[1:29:33] | That’s not good. | 这可不好 |
[1:29:39] | She was doing pretty good with her lawsuit. | 她官司还打得不错 |
[1:29:41] | But before she could start counting her money… | 但在钞票还未落入她口袋之前… |
[1:29:43] | the boys back home decided to settle the case out of court. | 老家的老头子们就已决定庭外和解 |
[1:29:47] | So they sent me. | 因此他们派我 |
[1:30:04] | Any comment on the murder of Anna Scott? | 你对安娜·史考特的谋杀 有什么想法吗? |
[1:30:07] | – What are you talking about? – She was found last night shot in the head. | -你在说什么? -她昨晚被人发现中弹身亡 |
[1:30:10] | Was this just a real estate partnership? | 只是有关房地产合伙问题吗? |
[1:30:12] | Her lawyer said you were partners. | 她的律师说你们是搭挡 |
[1:30:15] | We were involved in minor real estate deals many years ago. | 我们是在多年前 在一些小房地产交易上合作过 |
[1:30:18] | It was never a partnership. | 称不上是搭挡 |
[1:30:21] | Did you ever hear of the.22 caliber killer? | 你听过.22口径杀手吗? |
[1:30:24] | Now, Instead of the cops only looking at Nicky… | 现在条子不只是盯尼奇… |
[1:30:27] | they started looking at Green, too. | 他们也开始盯葛林 |
[1:30:29] | And he was supposed to be our squeaky- clean front man. | 他本是我们的正派门面 |
[1:30:32] | I had to start giving interviews to make sure everybody knew… | 我得接受访问 让大家都知道… |
[1:30:35] | the casino was on the up- and- up. | 赌场没有牵涉到案子 |
[1:30:37] | So how often do you really fill in for him? | 你多常帮他代班? |
[1:30:42] | Green’s here about two or three times a month… | 葛林一个月大约来个两三次… |
[1:30:45] | and he’s busy with other real estate deals, and things. | 他还有其他房地产交易 和别的事要忙 |
[1:30:49] | So in Green’s absence, then, you’re the boss? | 所以葛林不在时 你就是老大啰? |
[1:30:52] | I serve at the pleasure of the Chairman of the Board. | 我很荣幸能为董事会的主席服务 |
[1:30:55] | My responsibilities are to run the day- to- day operations. | 我的责任是管理赌场的日常运作 |
[1:31:00] | So day- to- day, then, you’re the boss? | 所以平常日子你就是老大? |
[1:31:02] | Well, in a sense, you could say that I am the boss… | 可以这么说吧… |
[1:31:06] | when Mr. Green is away. | 当葛林先生不在时 |
[1:31:11] | You could say that. | 可以这么说 |
[1:31:14] | Have you read this? | 你看了没? |
[1:31:15] | About Mr. Rothstein. | 关于罗斯坦先生 |
[1:31:18] | It says, “The Midwest bookmaker with mob ties… | 上面说: 与黑道有关连的 中西部下注者… |
[1:31:21] | “says that he is the real boss of the $100 million Tangiers casino empire.” | “说他才是价值一亿的坦吉乐赌场 真正的老板” |
[1:31:26] | – Do you believe that? – Did he really say that? | -你相信吗? -他真的这么说? |
[1:31:29] | Why, of course he really said that. It’s right here. | 他当然是这么说的 这儿不都写了吗 |
[1:31:32] | Has that man even filed for his license yet? | 这家伙申请执照了没? |
[1:31:36] | I don’t know. We have to check the files. | 我不知道 得查查 |
[1:31:38] | Without getting your shorts in a knot, would you do that? | 去查查看吧 用不着太激动 |
[1:31:41] | And check closely, ’cause we may have to kick a kike’s ass out of town. | 查仔细点 我们也许能将这死犹太人踢出城了 |
[1:31:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:31:50] | A Gaming Control Board investigation of Tangiers executive… | 赌博游乐委员会开始调查 坦吉乐的高层主管… |
[1:31:53] | Sam Rothstein’s application for a gaming license is underway. | 山姆·罗斯坦的赌博游乐执照 还没核发下来… |
[1:31:56] | Rothstein, who heads the Tangiers casino operation and is a boyhood friend… | 罗斯坦负责管理坦吉乐赌场的运作 并也是赌城黑手党老大… |
[1:32:01] | of Las Vegas mob boss Nicky Santoro… | 尼奇·山多罗的儿时好友… |
[1:32:04] | could lose his ability to work in the casino…. | 他有可能会失去 在赌场工作的权力… |
[1:32:10] | Hello? | 喂? |
[1:32:11] | I gotta meet Clean Face right away. What about the Chez Paris? | 我得见见清洁工 在小巴黎如何? |
[1:32:15] | You gotta make a reservation. It’s all booked up. | 你得要订位 一定客满了 |
[1:32:18] | No, it’s okay. | 不用 没关系 |
[1:32:19] | It’s impossible. It’s booked up, and it’s very difficult to get in. | 不可能啦 绝对客满 而且很难进去 |
[1:32:24] | It’s okay, I’ll use the service entrance. I’ll see you at nine. | 没关系 我走后门 九点见 |
[1:32:26] | All right. | 好 |
[1:32:29] | The battle between state gaming officials and Tangiers casino boss… | 州政府赌博游乐处官员 与坦吉乐高层… |
[1:32:33] | Sam “Ace” Rothstein is heating up. | 山姆”艾斯”罗斯坦之战正如火如荼 |
[1:32:36] | Tonight, a look at Ace Rothstein’s attempt to get state licensing… | 今晚 看看艾斯·罗斯坦如何尝试取得州立执照… |
[1:32:40] | despite law- enforcement allegations of Rothstein’s organized crime connections. | 虽然面对警方的指控 怀疑罗斯坦与犯罪集团有勾结 |
[1:32:44] | Will Sam Rothstein’s friendship with organized crime figure, Nicky Santoro… | 山姆·罗斯坦与黑道人物尼奇·山多罗之间的友谊… |
[1:32:49] | keep Rothstein from running the Tangiers casino? | 是否会阻碍罗斯坦 管理坦吉乐赌场呢? |
[1:32:52] | And can the integrity of state gaming laws be jeopardized by a boyhood friendship? | 而州政府的赌博游乐法规 是否会因儿时友谊而受到威胁呢? |
[1:32:56] | Why don’t you take it easy on that stuff? | 你少喝点吧? |
[1:33:00] | Come on. Let me help you down. | 来 我扶你下楼 |
[1:33:02] | We’re talking about some stuff. | 我们在谈话 |
[1:33:03] | At 6:00, will a boyhood friendship… | 今晚六点 儿时的友谊是否… |
[1:33:05] | unseat Rothstein as the Tangiers casino boss? | 会让罗斯坦失去坦吉乐 老大的位子? |
[1:33:08] | Exclusive on the KBBO special news report. | KBBO独家专题报导 |
[1:33:13] | Go down. Just go downstairs. | 下楼去 到楼下去 |
[1:33:20] | You can’t let this concern you, Ace. Don’t worry about that stuff. | 你不能让这影响你 艾斯 别管这些了 |
[1:33:24] | It’s just a political witch hunt. | 只是政治圈找替死鬼游戏 |
[1:33:34] | Do you want something to drink? | 你要喝什么吗? |
[1:33:36] | – Charlie, you want a refill? – Yeah, that would be great. | -查理 你还要吗? -好啊 |
[1:33:38] | I don’t want nothing. Hi, Mr. Clark. I’ve been trying to reach you. | 我什么都不要 嗨 克拉克先生 我一直在找你 |
[1:33:42] | – You’re tougher to get than the President. – I’ve been busy. | -你比总统还难找 -最近比较忙 |
[1:33:45] | Yeah? At least you could return my phone calls, though. | 是吗? 但你至少也该回我个电话吧 |
[1:33:47] | Listen, Nicky, we talked about this. | 听着 尼奇 我们谈过这个 |
[1:33:51] | And I explained to you that you might have to take some kind of loss. | 我也跟你解释过 你可能会有亏损 |
[1:33:59] | I think I want my money back. | 我想把钱拿回来 |
[1:34:03] | What are you gonna do, strong- arm me? | 你是要威胁我吗? |
[1:34:06] | I think you’ve gotten the wrong impression about me. | 我想你可能误解我了 |
[1:34:11] | I think, in all fairness… | 我觉得为公平起见… |
[1:34:12] | I should explain to you exactly what it is that I do. | 我应该告诉你我打算怎么做 |
[1:34:16] | Tomorrow morning I’ll get up nice and early, take a walk to the bank… | 明天一大早我就会散步去银行… |
[1:34:21] | and walk in and see, and if you don’t have my money for me… | 走进去看看 若还没把我的钱准备好的话… |
[1:34:25] | I’ll crack your fucking head wide open in front of everybody. | 我就会在众人面前爆开你的头 |
[1:34:29] | And just about the time that I’m coming out of jail… | 而当我服完刑出狱时… |
[1:34:32] | hopefully, you’ll be coming out of your coma. | 希望你也能从昏迷中苏醒 |
[1:34:36] | And guess what? I’ll split your fucking head open again. | 知道吗? 我会再爆开你的头 |
[1:34:40] | ‘Cause I’m fucking stupid. I don’t give a fuck about jail. | 因为我是个傻子 我完全不在乎坐牢 |
[1:34:44] | That’s my business. That’s what I do. | 这就是我的职业 我会做的事 |
[1:34:48] | We know what you do. | 我们知道你的职业 |
[1:34:49] | You fuck people out of money and get away with it. | 你把人的钱骗走 然后大摇大摆的走开 |
[1:34:51] | – You can’t talk to me like that. – You fat Irish prick! | -你不能这样对我说话 -你这只爱尔兰肥猪! |
[1:34:54] | You put my money to sleep. Get it, or I’ll put your brain to sleep. | 你害我领不到我的钱 你最好把它弄出来 不然我要你好看 |
[1:34:57] | Never mind Sam. This is personal. | 山姆别看 这是我们的事 |
[1:35:00] | I’ll be there in the morning. You can try me, fatso. | 我明天早上一定到 你试试看啊 肥猪 |
[1:35:06] | – You think he got the point? – What are you doing? | -你觉得他懂了吗? -你在干嘛? |
[1:35:08] | He’s a square guy, for Christ’s sakes. He’s gonna run to the FBI. | 他是个老实的生意人 他会去找联盟调查局的 |
[1:35:12] | That prick’s been dodging me for three weeks. | 这浑蛋躲了我三个礼拜了 |
[1:35:16] | – You’re trying to tell me what to do? – I’m not trying to tell you what to do. | -你在告诉我该怎么做吗? -我没有要告诉你该怎么做 |
[1:35:20] | You’re way out of line. Where’s your head? | 你太过分了 你的脑哪里去了? |
[1:35:22] | Where’s my head? Where’s your fucking balls? | 我的脑? 你的种又去了哪儿? |
[1:35:25] | I’m trying to put something big together. You know what I’m talking about. | 我有更大的计划 你知道我在说什么 |
[1:35:29] | If you’re acting like this now, how can I depend on you? | 如果你现在就这个样 我还怎么指望你啊? |
[1:35:32] | A lot of things gonna change. If you wanna be there with me… | 很多事都要改变了 你若要跟我一起… |
[1:35:35] | you’re gonna have to go my way. | 你就得听我的 |
[1:35:37] | You got to understand my situation. I’m responsible for thousands of people. | 你得体谅我的处境 我得对上千名员工负责 |
[1:35:41] | I got $100 million a year going through the place. | 我每年都得经手一亿元 |
[1:35:43] | It’s all over if I don’t get that license. | 我若拿不到执照就玩完了 |
[1:35:47] | Believe me, if it goes bad for me, it’s gonna go bad for a lot of people. | 相信我 我若玩完了 很多人就会跟着完蛋 |
[1:35:51] | Forget about your fucking license. | 去他妈的什么烂执照 |
[1:35:52] | I plant my own flag out here, you ain’t gonna need a license. | 到时候我说的就是法律 你根本不需要什么执照 |
[1:35:57] | I don’t know what it is, but the more I talk to you… | 我不知道为什么 但越和你说话… |
[1:36:00] | the more I feel like you just don’t want to go along with me. | 我越觉得你不会挺我 |
[1:36:03] | – No, I don’t want to come along with you. – All right. | -不 我不打算和你一起 -好 |
[1:36:06] | I don’t want to be involved in anything you’re talking about, okay? | 我不想涉入你所说的任何事 好吗? |
[1:36:10] | I want to run a square joint. I just want my license. | 我只想好好经营赌场 我只要我的执照 |
[1:36:12] | I want everything quiet. That’s it! | 我只想一切都安静下来 |
[1:36:14] | Quiet like this? “I’m the boss”? That’s quiet? | 这样叫安静? “我是老大”这样叫安静? |
[1:36:17] | It’s taken out of context. I had no control. | 他们扭曲了意思 我根本控制不了 |
[1:36:19] | Ronnie and Billy will tell you exactly what happened. | 罗尼与比利可以告诉你整个经过 |
[1:36:21] | Back home that looks bad. | 这在老家很难看 |
[1:36:23] | Looks bad? Every time you’re on television, I get mentioned. That looks bad. | 难看? 每次只要你上电视 就会提到我 这才叫难看 |
[1:36:28] | What the fuck happened to you? | 你到底怎么了? |
[1:36:30] | – What happened to you? You lost control? – I lost control? | -你怎么了? 整个失控? -我失控? |
[1:36:33] | You’re fucking walking around like John Barrymore. | 你他妈的像个电影明星似的走来走去 |
[1:36:36] | A pink robe and a fucking cigarette holder? I lost control? | 穿粉红色的浴袍还拿烟盒? 是我失控? |
[1:36:41] | I don’t wanna bring this up, but you treat people with disrespect. | 我本来不想提的 但你不尊重人 |
[1:36:44] | Even your own wife. | 连你老婆都不例外 |
[1:36:46] | My wife? What does she have to do with this? | 我老婆? 关她什么事? |
[1:36:49] | She was upset about a lot of things, especially that Lester Diamond incident. | 她为了许多事不高兴 尤其是莱斯特·戴蒙德那档 |
[1:36:54] | You’re the shoulder to cry on? Did you tell her about your role in that? | 你是她哭诉的对象? 你没告诉她那事你也有份? |
[1:36:58] | No, that’s not the fucking point. | 没有 那不是重点 |
[1:37:00] | The point is, she’s upset, and you’ve got a problem. | 重点是 她不快乐 你也有问题 |
[1:37:04] | I’d appreciate it if you’d stay out of my personal life. | 我希望你不要干涉 我的私生活 |
[1:37:06] | You wouldn’t like it if I did it to you. | 若我这样你也会不爽吧 |
[1:37:08] | She came to talk to me. Was I supposed to throw her out? | 她来找我说话的 我该赶她出去吗? |
[1:37:12] | Stay away from her. It’s none of your business. | 离她远一点 不关你的事 |
[1:37:15] | A week ago it was. Now it’s not. When you need me, you need me. | 一周前就是我的事 现在就不是 你需要我时 我就得到 |
[1:37:21] | Right, the way you need me to vouch for you as a citizen. | 是啊 就像你需要我 帮你做担保一样 |
[1:37:24] | I’m gonna have to straighten out what you did with this guy. | 我得去解决你刚刚对那人 所做的事情 |
[1:37:27] | This guy’s gonna run to the FBl. | 他会去找联邦调查局的 |
[1:37:28] | Your head’s bigger than your casino. That’s your problem. | 你的自尊比你的赌场还大 这就是你的问题 |
[1:37:31] | I knew what he wanted and I didn’t want any part of it. He wanted to take over. | 我知道他想做什么 但我不想参与 尼奇想自个儿当老大 |
[1:37:36] | He wanted to go after Gaggi, the skim, everything and everybody. | 他想干掉盖吉 抽头 还有一切 |
[1:37:41] | He also stopped asking permission from back home for every little thing. | 他不再每件小事都要老家批准 |
[1:37:49] | A casino boss and his wife were killed. The bulls questioned Nicky. | 一位赌场大亨与他老婆被杀了 调查员侦问了尼奇 |
[1:37:54] | A dealer from the Scirocco. They questioned Nicky. | 一位西洛可的庄家 他们也询问尼奇 |
[1:37:57] | Stool pigeons wound up in the trunks of their cars. They questioned Nicky. | 几个线民死在自己的后车箱里 他们也追问尼奇 |
[1:38:02] | A lawyer. | 一个律师 |
[1:38:06] | They questioned Nicky. | 他们问尼奇 |
[1:38:07] | When some guys who didn’t pay their shylocks began disappearing… | 当一些拖欠高利贷的人 莫名的开始消失… |
[1:38:10] | Nicky’s name was in every newspaper. | 尼奇的名字布满每家报纸 |
[1:38:13] | Nicky was questioned in two dozen murders, but they always had to let him go. | 尼奇因为一堆谋杀案调查被侦讯 但他们每次都放他走 |
[1:38:17] | There were never any witnesses. | 从来没有目击者 |
[1:38:19] | The coppers blamed me for everything that went wrong. | 条子把所有的不顺 都归昝于我 |
[1:38:23] | Watch yourself. You’re gonna get runned over. | 小心点 你会好看的 |
[1:38:25] | If a guy tripped over a banana peel, they’d bring me in for it. | 若有个家伙踩到香蕉皮跌倒 可能都要带我回局里 |
[1:38:30] | Be nice. | 客气点 |
[1:38:31] | The bosses were no better. They complained because things don’t run smooth. | 老大们也没好到哪儿去 他们抱怨事情运作不顺 |
[1:38:36] | In my line of work, things don’t run so smooth. I’m sorry. | 不过在我这行 真抱歉 事情本来就不会顺 |
[1:38:39] | I’m dealing with degenerate animals out here. | 我每天对付的可是些三教九流之徒 |
[1:38:41] | The bosses, what do they give a fuck? | 老大们在乎个屁啊? |
[1:38:43] | They’re sitting on their asses drinking anisette. | 他们只会坐着喝酒 |
[1:38:46] | Meanwhile, I’m the guy in the trenches. | 而这期间我得做牛做马 |
[1:38:48] | Fucking bosses think it’s a fucking free lunch out here. | 那些王八老大们 真以为天下的午餐都是免费的 |
[1:38:53] | Frankie, they found a guy’s head in the desert. | 法兰克 他们在沙漠里 找到一个家伙的头 |
[1:38:57] | You know about that? | 你知道吗? |
[1:38:59] | I heard. | 听说了 |
[1:39:01] | Everybody’s talking about it and making a big deal out of it. It’s in all the papers. | 大家都在讲 报纸里也有登 |
[1:39:05] | What are you gonna do? | 你要怎么办? |
[1:39:07] | That’s no good. | 这可不好 |
[1:39:09] | Tell him to take care of things a little better. | 叫他做事要小心点 |
[1:39:14] | I’ll tell him, Remo. | 我会的 利蒙 |
[1:39:15] | Fucking bosses smoking their Di Nobilis… | 王八老大们抽着雪茄 |
[1:39:18] | and eating trip’ and fucking soffrit’, fried pigs’ guts… | 吃着他们的美食… |
[1:39:22] | while if I wanna talk private, I gotta go to a fucking bus stop. | 而我若想私下找人谈话 我还得坐在公车站 |
[1:39:25] | – What do they care? Long as I send money. – They’re complaining. | -他们在乎个屁? 只要我拿钱回去 -他们在抱怨了 |
[1:39:29] | Let them complain. I’m the one who’s here. I do all the work. | 让他们抱怨 是我在这儿 活都是我在做 |
[1:39:33] | – Somebody don’t like it, fuck them. – It’s up to you. | -有人不喜欢 就去他的 -你决定啰 |
[1:39:38] | They want a fucking war? I’m ready. | 他们他妈的想打仗? 我准备好了 |
[1:39:40] | If I take care of five of those guys, the rest will fall into place. | 我只要干掉那五个 其他的自然会水到渠成 |
[1:39:46] | Peek- a- boo, you fucks, you. | 被我抓到了吧 这群王八羔子 |
[1:39:49] | I see you, you motherfuckers. | 我看到你们了 浑蛋 |
[1:39:51] | Nicky was not only bringing heat on himself, but on me, too. | 问题是 尼奇不只是让自己更受注目 还连累到我 |
[1:39:55] | The FBI watched every move he made, but he just didn’t care. | 联邦调查局盯着他的每一步 但他不在乎 |
[1:40:00] | If they’re gonna watch me, I’m gonna watch them back. | 想要盯我 我就盯回去 |
[1:40:03] | I spent a few bucks. Top dollar. Who gives a shit? | 或许花了很多钱 但谁在乎? |
[1:40:06] | I got the latest anti- bugging equipment from the same places that sell to the CIA. | 我买了最先进的反窃听装置 向卖给中央调查局的那家买的 |
[1:40:10] | I had all the special police frequency radios, | 我有所有的警察特殊频道对讲机 |
[1:40:13] | FBI de- scramblers, night- vision cameras…. | FBI的解干扰器 夜光照相机… |
[1:40:16] | So, the miserable sons of bitches never caught me doing anything I couldn’t handle. | 这些衰角从未抓到我任何把柄 |
[1:40:22] | I got my job on the line, he’s having the time of his life. | 我工作都快丢了 但他却玩得不亦乐乎 |
[1:40:25] | He has every cop in the state watching him, and he’s out playing golf. | 全州的警察都在盯他 他却在打高尔夫球 |
[1:40:29] | And at the worst possible time for me. | 对我来说时期最坏不过 |
[1:40:32] | I had my license hearing coming up and I didn’t want to leave anything to chance. | 我的执照听证会要到了 我不想有一点点失败的机率 |
[1:40:38] | If I can’t work in Vegas, where am I gonna go? | 若不能在赌城工作 那我要去哪儿? |
[1:40:41] | You’ve been very open with us with the books and papers. | 你一直都很合作 从文件到帐簿 |
[1:40:44] | That’ll mean a lot when you go before the commission. | 这对委员会是很重要的 |
[1:40:47] | – All I ask is a fair hearing. – This honesty will guarantee it. | -我只希望能有个公正的听证会 -你的诚实会为你赢的 |
[1:40:52] | We’ll move on to…. | 接下来… |
[1:40:55] | I want to hear about Kansas City. | 我想听听关于堪萨斯市 |
[1:41:00] | What the fuck is this? | 这他妈的是什么? |
[1:41:05] | Where’s this fucking guy gonna land, in the fairway? | 这家伙要停在哪里 球场上吗? |
[1:41:27] | They’re fucking agents, Frankie. Look at this. | 他们是探员 法兰克 来看看 |
[1:41:32] | The Feds were watching Nicky play golf for so long… | 他们盯尼奇打高尔夫盯到… |
[1:41:34] | they ran out of gas. | 飞机没油 |
[1:41:37] | Just what I needed, right in front of the control board. | 还真是我需要的 就在委员会面前 |
[1:41:45] | $100, whoever hits the plane. | 赌一百看谁先打到飞机 |
[1:41:50] | If things weren’t bad enough… in comes Piscano, the Kansas City underboss. | 祸不单行 随后就看到派斯康 堪萨斯市的老二 |
[1:41:55] | He ran the grocery store in Kansas City where they brought the suitcases. | 在堪萨斯市收皮箱的那家超市 就是他开的 |
[1:41:58] | Fighting over those suitcases again. You know what that means? | 又在为皮箱的事吵了 你知道这代表什么吗? |
[1:42:01] | I gotta take another trip to Vegas. It’s gonna cost me another couple grand. | 我又得去拉斯维加斯了 又要花我好几千 |
[1:42:05] | He ran it with his brother- in- law… | 他和他姐夫一起开店… |
[1:42:07] | but he mostly complained about his trips to Vegas to his brother- in- law and mother. | 但他大多都在跟他姐夫与岳母 抱怨他去赌城的事 |
[1:42:11] | You gotta lay down the law, or they’ll make a fool out of you. | 你得表明态度 要不然他们当你是病猫 |
[1:42:15] | I write it all down. Every fucking nickel goes down. | 我全记下来了 他妈的每一分一毛 |
[1:42:18] | – What’s the matter with you? – Everything’s here. | -你是怎么了? -全都在这儿 |
[1:42:22] | – Since when do you talk like that? – I’m sorry. | -你何时开始这样讲话? -抱歉 |
[1:42:24] | Nance gives me trouble, I’ll take the eyes out of his freaking head. | 南斯要是找我麻烦 我就将他的眼挖出来 |
[1:42:29] | – Again. – I didn’t curse, I said, “freaking head.” | -又来了 -我没骂粗话 |
[1:42:31] | – That’s enough. – I’m sorry. | -够了 -抱歉 |
[1:42:33] | What happens next, you can’t believe it. | 接下来发生的事 简直是出乎意料 |
[1:42:35] | Who’d believe the FBI had a wire in the place… | 谁会想到联邦调查局 会在里面装窃听器… |
[1:42:38] | looking for information about some old homicide… | 为了调查很久以前的一桩命案… |
[1:42:41] | about some guy who was whacked out God knows when over God knows what? | 为了一个不知在何时 也不知为何事被干掉的人 |
[1:42:44] | What prevents him with the suitcases from taking what he wants? | 你怎么阻止拿皮箱的人 拿走他想要的? |
[1:42:47] | Nance brings back two suitcases from the Tangiers. What about three or four? | 南斯从坦吉乐拿了两口箱子回来 若其实有三箱或四箱呢? |
[1:42:51] | We’ve got nobody in the room to watch. That’s the law. | 我们没有人在计算室里看着 那是法律 |
[1:42:54] | We can’t even go into the count room to watch our money. | 我们甚至连计算室都进不去 |
[1:42:58] | He’s got his people in there. They could all be in on it together. | 他有他的人在里面 他们搞不好根本是一伙的 |
[1:43:03] | I’ll find out. If it’s Green himself, I’ll bury that bastard. | 若我知道是葛林干的 我会埋了那王八蛋 |
[1:43:07] | I never trusted him. I got eyes behind my head. | 我从就不相信他 我后脑都有眼睛 |
[1:43:09] | They trust that scumbag. I don’t. | 他们信任那浑蛋 我可不 |
[1:43:11] | I’ll hit the two of them in the head with a shovel. | 我该给他们一人一铲 |
[1:43:13] | Take it easy. | 冷静点 |
[1:43:15] | Ma, I’m sorry. They’re beating me left and right. | 妈 抱歉 但他们一直跟我玩阴的 |
[1:43:18] | – I’m sorry. I’m upset. – I know, but that’s enough. | -抱歉 我很生气 -我知道 可是够了 |
[1:43:20] | You know what they’re doing to me. I can’t take this no more. | 你也知道他们在对我做什么 我受不了了 |
[1:43:23] | – Take it easy. You’ll get a heart attack. – I know. I’m too upset. | -冷静 别心脏病发 -我知道 我太气了 |
[1:43:28] | The damn thing is, they hear all this stuff… | 该死的是 他们听得一清二楚… |
[1:43:30] | about Las Vegas, casinos, and suitcases… | 关于拉斯维加斯 赌场还有皮箱… |
[1:43:34] | and that’s it. | 玩完了 |
[1:43:41] | Everything’s coming out of my pocket. I gotta pay. | 全都是从我口袋里掏 我得付钱 |
[1:43:45] | Would you believe this could happen? | 你相信有这么巧吗? |
[1:43:48] | I’m in this to make money, not lose it. | 我是来赚钱的 不是亏钱 |
[1:43:50] | Every FBI man across the country had their ears open now. | 全国每个联邦调查局探员 都张大了耳朵 |
[1:43:54] | If you want something done right you gotta do it yourself. | 要将事情办好就得靠自己 |
[1:43:58] | Piscano, this guy, basically sunk the whole world. | 派司康这家伙 几乎搞砸了所有人的生活 |
[1:44:03] | There are some that are good and some that are bad. | 有些好的就有些坏的 |
[1:44:06] | Members of the Commission… | 主席先生 委员会的同仁… |
[1:44:09] | Mr. Rothstein is pleased to be here today. | 今天罗斯坦先生很荣幸能在这儿 |
[1:44:11] | When the day finally came, I was ready. | 当那天终于来时 我已准备好了 |
[1:44:14] | I felt so confident that all I had to do was present my case. | 我自信满满的认为 我只需要呈上我的案件 |
[1:44:17] | We have documents, one of which is a report by retired FBl agents… | 我们拥有文件 其中一份是由一位退休的联邦探员写的… |
[1:44:22] | which completely absolves Mr. Rothstein from any wrongdoing. | 上头清楚的记载罗斯坦先生 并未触犯任何法律 |
[1:44:25] | – Counselor, before you continue… – I want to have this marked…. | -律师 在你继续前…-我要将这呈为… |
[1:44:29] | …this Commission acts on a motion denying the Rothstein application. | 本委员会针对是否应 驳回罗斯坦的申请书在此动议 |
[1:44:33] | – Denying? – Do I hear a motion seconded? | -驳回? -有人赞成驳回吗? |
[1:44:36] | Mr. Chairman, I second the motion. | 主席先生 我赞成 |
[1:44:38] | Do I have a vote on the motion? | 还有赞同票吗? |
[1:44:40] | Aye! | 同意! |
[1:44:42] | The ayes have it. This hearing is adjourned. | 同意票获胜 听证会结束 |
[1:44:45] | – You have to be kidding. – Adjourned? What do you mean? | -开什么玩笑 -什么叫结束? |
[1:44:48] | Senator, you promised me a hearing. You didn’t even look at the FBl reports. | 议员 你答应我一场听证会的 你连联邦调查局的报告都没看 |
[1:44:53] | When you were my guest at the Tangiers Hotel, didn’t you promise me a fair hearing? | 你来坦吉乐作客时 不是答应我会有公平的听证会? |
[1:44:59] | – I was never your guest. – Never my guest? I never comped you? | -我从未是你的客人 -不是我的客人? 我没招待过你? |
[1:45:02] | I don’t comp you at least three times a month? | 难道我一个月 没有最少招待你三次? |
[1:45:05] | I’d like to answer that at this time. | 我现在回答这个问题 |
[1:45:07] | Mr. Rothstein is being very typical to this point. He’s lying. | 罗斯坦先生的反应很常见 他在撒谎 |
[1:45:10] | The only time I was at the Tangiers was a dinner with Barney Greenstein. | 我唯一一次去过坦吉乐 就是巴尼·葛林斯坦那次晚宴 |
[1:45:14] | – Was I at the dinner? – You were wandering around. | -我当时在场吗? -你四处周旋着 |
[1:45:17] | – Was I at that dinner? – You were wandering. | -我在场吗? -你四处周旋 |
[1:45:20] | – You were in the building. – I was in the building? | -你在室内 -我在室内? |
[1:45:24] | You know damn well I was there. You swore I would have a fair hearing. | 你很清楚我在那儿 你向我保证会有公正的听证会 |
[1:45:28] | Did you not? | 没有吗? |
[1:45:32] | Tell me I was at least at the dinner. Allow me that much. | 至少承认说我那天在场 这总可以了吧 |
[1:45:36] | – Give me that much at least! – Yes, you were. | -至少也得说我在场吧! -是 你在 |
[1:45:39] | Thanks for not calling me a liar, you son of a bitch. | 多谢你没说我是骗子 你这个狗东西 |
[1:45:44] | A routine licensing hearing turned into bedlam yesterday… | 一场例行的听证会 在昨晚成了一场闹剧… |
[1:45:47] | when the flamboyant Tangiers Casino executive, Sam “Ace” Rothstein… | 当抢眼的坦吉乐高层 山姆”艾斯”罗斯坦… |
[1:45:51] | accused top gaming officials of corruption. | 指控赌博游乐委员会高官贪污 |
[1:45:54] | …promised me a fair hearing when you were comped at my hotel? | 你在我的旅馆接受招待 并答应我会有公平的听证会 |
[1:45:57] | And you asked for copies of your bill to put on your expense account. | 你还要求将你的帐单挂公帐 |
[1:46:00] | In a wild outburst that followed his gaming license denial… | 当赌博游乐执照被驳回时大吼大叫… |
[1:46:04] | – Bullshit! – …Rothstein followed several… | -狗屁! -罗斯坦与好几名… |
[1:46:06] | stunned commissioners into the hallway where he continued his harangue… | 错愕的委员到走道 并持续着他的指控… |
[1:46:09] | until his own lawyers and friends urged him to leave. | 直到他的律师与朋友劝他离开 |
[1:46:12] | You have a past. I have a past. My past is no worse than yours. | 你有过去 我也有过去 我的不见得比你的糟糕 |
[1:46:16] | You guys think you have the right to pass judgment! | 你们还自以为有权去判决别人! |
[1:46:19] | Long suspected of running Tangiers without a license… | 被怀疑长期无照管理坦吉乐… |
[1:46:22] | yesterday’s hearing was to determine if someone with Rothstein’s history… | 昨天的听证会本是要决议 像罗斯坦如此背景的人… |
[1:46:27] | was qualified to officially hold a top gaming post. | 是否有资格正式在赌博游乐界 担任如此高的职位 |
[1:46:30] | Fucking hypocrites! | 王八伪君子! |
[1:46:33] | – What the hell’s he gonna do now? – I don’t know. | -他现在怎么办? -我不知道 |
[1:46:36] | What’s he doing? | 他在干嘛? |
[1:46:38] | He knows all those guys he yelled at are friends of ours. | 他也知道他大吼大叫的那群人 都是我们的朋友 |
[1:46:41] | What’s the matter with him, making all this mess? | 他是怎么了 搞得一团糟? |
[1:46:43] | Maybe he could run things with another job title. | 他或许可以用另一个头衔管事 |
[1:46:46] | Won’t be the best, but what are we gonna do? | 这不是最好的 但我们又能如何呢? |
[1:46:49] | However he runs things, it’s gotta be quiet. Let him hide upstairs in the office. | 他不论管什么 都得安静点 让他躲到楼上办公室去 |
[1:46:53] | Say he’s a janitor. I don’t give a shit. | 说他是工友 我不在乎 |
[1:46:55] | But please, whatever job he takes, make sure it’s something quiet. | 但拜托 不管他做什么 都得低调点 |
[1:47:09] | Ladies and gentlemen… | 各位先生与女士… |
[1:47:11] | the Tangiers Hotel proudly presents the all- new… | 坦吉乐大饭店 非常荣幸能为您介绍… |
[1:47:14] | Sam Rothstein show, Aces High. | 山姆·罗斯坦秀 “艾斯的单人牌” |
[1:47:20] | Tonight, taped live from the all- new sports book… | 今晚 从最新的球赛赌区 现场实况转播… |
[1:47:23] | we present the premiere showing of Aces High… | 我们为您带来”艾斯的单人牌”的 首次演出… |
[1:47:26] | with the Sasha Semenoff Orchestra… | 连同莎夏西门诺夫交响乐团… |
[1:47:30] | and the Sam Rothstein dancers! | 与山姆·罗斯坦舞群! |
[1:47:34] | Mr. Rothstein is a professional gambler and the best U.S. football handicapper. | 罗斯坦先生是位职业赌徒 也是全美最棒的美式足球下注者 |
[1:47:39] | A man who will take you inside the real Las Vegas as no one has ever done before. | 一位能带领你进入 真正的拉斯维加斯的人 |
[1:47:45] | Now, the new entertainment director of the Tangiers Hotel Casino… | 现在让我们欢迎 坦吉乐赌场新的娱乐董事… |
[1:47:49] | Mr. Sam Rothstein. | 山姆·罗斯坦先生 |
[1:48:00] | Welcome to the Sam Rothstein show. We’re happy to have you here this evening. | 欢迎来到山姆·罗斯坦秀 很高兴你们能参与 |
[1:48:05] | The young lady to my left is Trudy… | 我左边的这位小姐是特茹蒂… |
[1:48:08] | who is a lead new dancer in our fabulous show from Paris. | 她是我们巴黎秀新的首席舞者 |
[1:48:11] | Our first guest this evening… | 我们今晚的第一位来宝… |
[1:48:15] | is Frankie Avalon. | 法兰克艾华伦 |
[1:48:22] | – Keep an eye on him. – I’ve got a large family. | -看好他 -我有个大家庭 |
[1:48:25] | – How many kids do you have? – I’m very proud to say, eight children. | -你有几个孩子? -我很自豪的说 八个 |
[1:48:33] | – That’s amazing. – There’s nothing to it. It was my pleasure. | -太了不起了 -没什么 是我的荣幸 |
[1:48:39] | Ace, don’t do it. | 别这样 |
[1:48:45] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[1:48:47] | He’s juggling! | 他在耍杂技! |
[1:48:48] | Let’s not take County Commissioner Pat Webb too seriously. | 我们别对县辅导 派特·委布太认真 |
[1:48:52] | I recently challenged him to a debate on this program, and he declined. | 我最近本想邀他在节目上辩论的 但是他拒绝了 |
[1:48:56] | What are you worried about, Pat? You don’t have to send me any questions. | 你在担心什么呢 派特? 你不需要事先给我问题 |
[1:49:01] | You can ask me anything you want. | 你什么都可以问我 |
[1:49:04] | What the hell is he doing on television? | 他在电视上干嘛? |
[1:49:06] | He’s on all night, screaming about taking his lawsuit to the Supreme Court. | 他整晚都在上面 喊着要将他的案子告上最高法院 |
[1:49:12] | He really must be crazy. He’s gonna go to Washington with this? | 他真是疯了 他想将这带到华府去? |
[1:49:16] | He’s out of his fucking mind. | 他简直是疯了 |
[1:49:17] | It’s a pity we have such hypocrisy. Some people do what they want. | 世上有这样的伪君子真是可叹 他们爱做什么就做什么 |
[1:49:21] | Other people have to pay through the nose. Such is life. | 其他人却得承担后果 这就是人生 |
[1:49:24] | Andy, go see him. Tell him maybe it’s time he should quit. | 安迪 去找他 告诉他辞职的时候到了 |
[1:49:35] | First, what they did was totally unconstitutional. | 第一点 他们的所做所为 完全的违反了宪法 |
[1:49:38] | We’re on the list to be heard before the U.S. Supreme Court. | 我们已在高等法院的等候单上了 |
[1:49:42] | These guys don’t care about the Supreme Court. | 这些家伙才不在乎高等法院 |
[1:49:45] | They want things to quiet down. They want you to walk away. | 他们要一切平息 要你别再搞了 |
[1:49:47] | Walk away? Andy, you can’t be serious. Don’t you see what’s at stake? | 别搞了? 安迪 你不是说真的 你难道看不到这严重性吗? |
[1:49:53] | The old man said maybe your friend should give in. | 老头说你的朋友或许该罢手了 |
[1:49:56] | When the old man says “maybe,” that’s like a papal bull. | 当老头说”或许”时 就像是教皇发谕令一样 |
[1:49:59] | Not only should you quit, you should run. | 你不但该罢手 还该跑路 |
[1:50:01] | Every time they mention my name in the papers, they mention Nicky, too. | 他们每次在报上提到我的名字 就一定扯到尼奇 |
[1:50:06] | How the fuck does that help? | 这他妈的有什么帮助? |
[1:50:09] | The heat he brought down is murder. | 他带来的注目简直是谋杀 |
[1:50:11] | The police department was cooperative. | 警察局本来很合作 |
[1:50:13] | They’re pissed off. Nobody can make a move anymore. | 他将他们激怒到 现在大家都动不了 |
[1:50:16] | What do you do about that? | 你能怎样呢? |
[1:50:17] | – What are you proposing? – I don’t know. He doesn’t listen to me. | -你想说什么? -我不知道 他根本不听我的 |
[1:50:20] | Maybe he should get lost for a while. Would that be so bad? | 或许他才该消失一阵子 这样会很糟吗? |
[1:50:23] | – They ain’t sending Nicky nowhere. – If he took a break… | -他们不会调走尼奇的 -若他离开一阵… |
[1:50:26] | it would give everybody time to maneuver. | 给大家移动布局的机会 |
[1:50:28] | I would forget about the maneuver. I would just get out. | 别再搞布局的事 赶紧离开吧 |
[1:50:36] | I can’t do that. | 我不能 |
[1:50:38] | Of course, as soon as Andy got home, Nicky heard about our talk in the car. | 当然 安迪一到家后 尼奇就听说我们的谈话 |
[1:50:43] | Next morning, bright and early, I get the call. | 第二天一大早 我就接到电话 |
[1:50:47] | I’ve got to do some shopping. Want to go? | 我得去买点东西 你要不要去? |
[1:50:49] | Getting a call from Nicky wasn’t easy anymore. | 连接尼奇的电话都不是件易事 |
[1:50:52] | Even the codes didn’t work. So we figured out another act. | 暗号都没有用了 我们得想新方法 |
[1:50:55] | If a phone’s tapped, the Feds can only listen in on the stuff involving crimes. | 若是电话被窃听 他们只能听关于犯罪的谈话 |
[1:50:59] | On routine calls, they have to click off after a few minutes. | 例行通话时 他们必须在几分钟后挂断 |
[1:51:03] | I got a sprained fucking elbow. | 我手肘好像扭到了 |
[1:51:06] | Meet me at 3:00. | 三点见 |
[1:51:07] | – At Caesar’s? – 100 yards further down the road. | -在凯撒宫吗? -这条路下去再一百码处 |
[1:51:11] | – Why? – Don’t ask questions. Just be there. | -为什么? -别问了 到那儿就是了 |
[1:51:15] | Suzy Cream Cheese has the same outfit. | 苏西克理姆有件一模一样的衣服 |
[1:51:20] | I saw something. | 我看到个东西 |
[1:51:21] | Something very cute. | 这东西好可爱 |
[1:51:24] | Okay, he’s out. It’s the ant. Brown unit. | 他出门了 棕组 |
[1:51:28] | He’s with the bogey. I think it’s Frankie. | 他带着个替身 应该是法兰克 |
[1:51:31] | Nicky started out before me… | 尼奇比我早出门… |
[1:51:33] | because it wasn’t that easy for him to get around anymore. | 因为他要出门越来越难了 |
[1:51:38] | Nicky couldn’t even go for a ride without changing cars… | 尼奇到那儿都最起码得… |
[1:51:41] | at least six times before he could shake all his tails. | 换六次车才甩得掉跟踪他的人 |
[1:51:44] | Because of the planes, he had to use underground garages. | 因为有飞机 所以他得用地下停车场 |
[1:52:18] | Meeting in the desert always made me nervous. | 在沙漠中央会面总让我紧张 |
[1:52:21] | It’s a scary place. | 那是个可怕的地方 |
[1:52:24] | I knew about the holes in the desert, of course. | 我当然也知道沙漠里的洞 |
[1:52:26] | And everywhere I looked, there could have been a hole. | 我张望的每一处都可能是个洞 |
[1:52:32] | Normally, my prospects of coming back alive… | 通常我与尼奇会面 能活着回来… |
[1:52:34] | from a meeting with Nicky were 99 out of 100. | 机率是百分之九十九 |
[1:52:38] | But this time, when I heard him say a couple of hundred yards down the road… | 但这次 当我听他说 离道路几百码外… |
[1:52:43] | I gave myself 50- 50. | 我想应该还有一半的机率吧 |
[1:53:06] | Where the fuck you get off talking to people behind my back? | 你他妈的跟别人 在背后捅我是什么意思? |
[1:53:10] | – What people? – Did you think I wouldn’t find out? | -跟什么人? -你以为我不会发现吗? |
[1:53:13] | I don’t even know what you’re talking about. | 我根本不知道你在说什么 |
[1:53:16] | You said I’m bringing heat on you? I gotta listen to people because of you? | 你说我害你被盯? 我得因为你被人家念? |
[1:53:21] | You’re ordering me out? You better get your own fucking army! | 你想搞走我? 你最好准备好自己的军队? |
[1:53:24] | I didn’t order you or anybody. | 我没有要搞走任何人 |
[1:53:26] | I told Andy Stone that you had heat, and that was a problem. | 我跟安迪说你被盯上了 这是个问题 |
[1:53:28] | You want me to get out of my own fucking town? | 你想要我离开我自己的地盘? |
[1:53:31] | Yeah, let the bullshit blow over so I can run the casino. | 是啊 我说等风头过了 我才能好好经营赌场 |
[1:53:34] | Anything goes wrong with the casino, it’s my ass, not yours. | 赌场出了什么事我得负责 不是你 |
[1:53:37] | You know that you only have your fucking casino because I made that possible! | 你知道你之所以能管那狗屁赌场 都是因为我! |
[1:53:43] | I’m what counts out here. | 在这儿我才算数 |
[1:53:44] | Not your fucking country clubs or your fucking TV shows. | 不是你他妈的什么俱乐部 也不是你那狗屁电视秀 |
[1:53:48] | And what the fuck are you doing on TV anyhow? | 你他妈的在电视上干嘛? |
[1:53:51] | I get calls from back home every day. They think you went batshit! | 我每天都得接老家的电话 他们都觉得你疯了! |
[1:53:55] | I’m only on TV because I gotta be able to hang around the casino. | 我上电视是因为 我必须待在赌场 |
[1:53:58] | You don’t understand that…. | 你不懂的 |
[1:53:59] | You could’ve had the food- and- beverage job without going on TV! | 你不上电视也可以拿那餐饮的头衔! |
[1:54:03] | – You wanted to go on TV. – Yeah, I wanted to go on TV. | -是你想上电视吧 -对 我想上电视 |
[1:54:05] | That way I have a forum. I can fight back. I’m known. People see me | 这样我才有擂台 我才可以反击 我要有知名度 |
[1:54:08] | They know they can’t fuck around with me like they could if I was an unknown. That’s why | 若我有知名度他们就不能随随便便打发我 |
[1:54:12] | You’re making a spectacle of yourself. | 你将自己变成个笑话 |
[1:54:14] | I wouldn’t even be in this situation if it wasn’t for you. | 要不是你 我也不会落到这步田地 |
[1:54:16] | You brought down so much heat on me. | 你让我被盯上 |
[1:54:18] | Every time I meet somebody, they ask me if I know you. | 我每次遇见个人 他们都只想知道我认不认识你 |
[1:54:21] | Sure, now you wanna blame your fucking license on me. | 所以你现在要将你执照的那件事 怪到我的头上 |
[1:54:24] | When you asked me if you could come out here… | 当你请示我你可不可以来这儿时… |
[1:54:26] | what did I tell you? I knew you’d come out no matter what I said. Do you remember? | 我是怎么说的? 我就知道 不管我说什么你都会来 记得吗? |
[1:54:30] | Back up a fucking minute here. One minute. | 等一下 倒退一下 |
[1:54:33] | I asked you? When the fuck did I ever ask you if I could come out here? | 我请示你? 我他妈的什么时候 请示过你我可不可以来这儿? |
[1:54:38] | Get this through your head, you Jew motherfucker! | 搞清楚点 死犹太人! |
[1:54:42] | You only exist out here because of me! That’s the only reason! | 你是因我才在这儿! 只因为这样! |
[1:54:46] | Without me, you personally…. | 要没有我 你自己… |
[1:54:49] | Every fucking wise guy still around will take a piece of your fucking Jew ass! | 在这儿随便哪个还在混的 都可能宰了你! |
[1:54:54] | Then where you gonna go? You’re fucking warned. | 到时你怎么办? 我警告你了 |
[1:54:57] | Don’t go over my fucking head again, you motherfucker, you! | 别想再踩在我头上 你这个王八蛋! |
[1:55:30] | Well, we got company. | 有客人 |
[1:55:45] | Did you see that? | 看到了吗? |
[1:55:47] | Dumb Jew motherfucker. Grew up together, and he acts like he doesn’t know me. | 蠢犹太人 我们一起长大的 他竟装作不认识我 |
[1:55:52] | I know we’re supposed to avoid each other, but there’s ways to do things. | 我知道我们应该避免碰面 不过应该有其他办法吧 |
[1:55:56] | Fuck him. | 去他的 |
[1:55:57] | To Abraham Lincoln. | 敬林肯总统 |
[1:56:00] | Forget about it. Don’t let it bother you. | 算了 别让这烦你 |
[1:56:02] | Does it look like it’s bothering me? Why do I give a fuck? | 我看来很烦躁吗? 我为什么要在乎? |
[1:56:06] | Oscar, too. All the money I gave him, that prick. | 奥斯卡也是的 我给了他那么多钱 浑蛋 |
[1:56:09] | He didn’t even look over. What’s his fucking problem? | 他连看都不看这边 他到底是什么毛病? |
[1:56:13] | – Fucking Jews stick together, don’t they? – They’re having a good time. | -死犹太人都是一伙的 不是吗? -他们好像玩得很快乐 |
[1:56:17] | So are we. | 我们也是啊 |
[1:56:24] | Yeah? | 喂? |
[1:56:26] | – Sam, we got a problem. – What is it? | -山姆 有麻烦 -怎么了? |
[1:56:28] | The little guy. Nobody told him he was eighty- sixed from the joint. | 那矮子 没人跟他说 他被禁止进入赌场 |
[1:56:32] | We turned our heads and made out like we didn’t know who he was. | 我们只要都假装不认识他 |
[1:56:35] | He’s over at the 21 table with his nose wide open. | 他现在在21点桌大剌剌的豪赌 |
[1:56:39] | He took money out of his own kick. His nose is open for about $10,000. | 他从他那份抽头里拿钱 已经输了一万了 |
[1:56:44] | Now he’s really pissed. | 现在他很生气 |
[1:56:46] | – He wants a $50,000 marker. – Just give him $10,000. | -他要五万的筹码 -给他一万就好了 |
[1:56:50] | That’s it. I’ll be right down. | 就这样 我马上来 |
[1:56:52] | He’s gonna come up with $10,000 just the way you want. | 就如你所要求 他会去拿一万 |
[1:56:54] | No, I said fucking $50,000! | 不 我他妈的说五万! |
[1:56:57] | Go get it. I don’t give a fuck where you get it. | 给我去拿 我不在乎你用什么方法 |
[1:57:00] | Fuckers. They take it but don’t wanna give it back. | 王八蛋 只会拿钱却不还来 |
[1:57:07] | How the fuck can you grin? | 你还笑得出来? |
[1:57:11] | You know how much I’m stuck? Do you give a fuck? | 你知道我输多少了吗? 你在乎吗? |
[1:57:18] | Give yourself a hand, right across your fucking mouth. | 给自己点掌声吧 顺便加一巴掌 |
[1:57:22] | Look at this beaut they put in now. | 看看现在上来的这个怪胎 |
[1:57:24] | Sherbert send you in here to rob me now? | 雪伯提派你来抢我的吗? |
[1:57:26] | Been fucking knocking everybody’s dick in all night? Been beating the customers? | 你今晚屌了很久了吧? 赢很多喔? |
[1:57:31] | Jag- off. Hit me. | 再来一张 |
[1:57:36] | Take this stiff and pound it up your fucking ass. | 将这张牌从你后面塞进去 |
[1:57:40] | Hit me again. | 再来一张 |
[1:57:45] | Take this one and stick it up your sister’s ass. Hit me again. | 这张捅你姐姐后面去 再来一张 |
[1:57:50] | Keep looking at him. If you had any heart at all, you’d be stealing for a living. | 一直看他干嘛 你要还有良心 你就宁可去当小偷 |
[1:57:55] | Hit me again! What the fuck you keep looking at him for? | 再给我一张 你他妈的一直看他干嘛? |
[1:57:58] | You fucking…. Look at this, 20 points in a row. Hit me again. | 你这 你看看 连二十张公 再来一张 |
[1:58:08] | You should pay as fast as you collect, you know. | 你给钱应该跟拿钱一样快吧 |
[1:58:14] | – You gotta get out of here. – Tell this motherfucker to pay that marker. | -你得走了 -叫那王八蛋付筹码 |
[1:58:18] | You’re not listening. I’m here to help you. You’re gonna bury us both. | 你没在听 我是来帮你的 你会将我们俩都毁了 |
[1:58:22] | – Just give me the money. – I’m gonna okay you $10,000, that’s it. | -把钱给我 -我只批准一万 就这样 |
[1:58:27] | Then you gotta get out before the cops are all over you. | 然后你得在条子找到你之前给我走 |
[1:58:30] | $10,000 and that’s it. | 就一万 |
[1:58:36] | What are you staring at, you bald- headed Jew prick? | 你在看什么? 你这秃头的死犹太人 |
[1:58:44] | – Come on. Let’s get out of here. – Sue me, you Jew fuck! | -快 我们快走 -告我啊 死犹太人! |
[1:58:48] | Get out of here? I got a marker coming. Deal. | 走? 我有筹码要来耶 发牌 |
[1:58:52] | I know, but everything’s changed now. You’re talking about a divorce. | 我知道 但现在情况不同了 你要求的是离婚 |
[1:58:55] | You’re asking for alimony payments and child support, and now custody. | 你要求你与孩子的赡养费 现在又要孩子的监护权 |
[1:58:59] | I just want what any divorced woman would get. | 我只要任何一个离婚女人想要的 |
[1:59:01] | She’s only sober about two hours a day. | 她一天不过清醒两个小时 |
[1:59:03] | It’s usually from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. | 通常是早上十一点到下午一点 |
[1:59:06] | If I gave her her money and her jewels, she’s gonna piss it all away in a year. | 我要是给她钱与珠宝 她一年内就会浪费光了 |
[1:59:11] | Where would you be then? Coming right back to me… | 到时你怎么办? 还不是又回来找我… |
[1:59:14] | or finding some other excuse to come…. | 或找什么其他的理由回来… |
[1:59:17] | We had a deal. Remember that? | 我们有协议 记得吗? |
[1:59:21] | He said if it didn’t work out between us, I could get my things and leave. | 他说过若我们之间走不下去 我可以拿我的东西走 |
[1:59:28] | Look in my eyes. | 看着我 |
[1:59:32] | You know me. | 你知道我 |
[1:59:34] | Do you see anything that makes you think I would ever let… | 你看到任何迹象 让你觉得… |
[1:59:37] | someone in your condition take my child away from me? | 以你现在的状况 我会将我的孩子交给你? |
[1:59:43] | Do you? | 有吗? |
[1:59:47] | You know that won’t happen. | 你知道这不可能 |
[1:59:53] | And after all this time… | 过了这么久… |
[1:59:55] | and as hard as I tried, as much as I wanted… | 不管我多么努力 多么想… |
[1:59:59] | I could never reach her. | 我始终触碰不到她 |
[2:00:01] | I could never make her love me. | 我无法让她爱我 |
[2:00:03] | I always felt she should have gone for all that money… | 我总觉得她会爱我 那么多的钱… |
[2:00:06] | being somebody for the first time in her life, a home, a kid. | 第一次在生命中成为一个重要的人 一个家 孩子 |
[2:00:11] | That’s not what happened. It didn’t work out that way. | 但事实并非如此 那样做却行不通 |
[2:00:14] | Everything all right? What could we do? | -都好吗? -我们能怎么办? |
[2:00:16] | After a while, we’d just take breathers from each other. Little separations. | 过一阵子后 我们开始放对方的假 短期的不见面 |
[2:00:20] | At that time, I remember Ginger took Amy and went to Beverly Hills. | 那时 我记得金吉儿 带着艾美去比佛利山庄 |
[2:00:23] | She was gonna spend a week shopping. | 她要去逛一个礼拜的街 |
[2:00:25] | – Yes, Mr. Rothstein. – The Beverly Hotel in Beverly Hills. | -是的 罗斯坦先生 -比佛利大饭店 |
[2:00:29] | – Hello, Beverly Hotel. – Mrs. Sam Rothstein, please. | -你好 比佛利大饭店 -请找山姆·罗斯坦夫人 |
[2:00:32] | Sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Rothstein have checked out already. | 很抱歉 罗斯坦先生与夫人 已经退房了 |
[2:00:35] | Mr. and Mrs. Rothstein? | 罗斯坦先生与夫人? |
[2:00:40] | Yes, they both checked out. Thank you. | -是的 他们俩都退房了 -谢谢 |
[2:00:49] | Hello. | 喂 |
[2:00:51] | My wife is with an old friend of hers in L.A. | 我老婆跟她一个老朋友在洛杉矶 |
[2:00:55] | Some lowlife named Lester Diamond. | 一个叫莱斯特·戴蒙德的败类 |
[2:00:57] | My daughter’s with them. They’re gonna try and kidnap her. | 我女儿跟他们在一起 他们会试着绑架她 |
[2:01:00] | – Is there anybody you can send? – We’ll take care of it. | -你那边有人吗? -我们会帮你搞定 |
[2:01:09] | We got a number and an address. | 查到电话号码与住址了 |
[2:01:10] | Hello. Is this Lester? | 喂 是莱斯特吗? |
[2:01:15] | Who’s calling? | 哪位? |
[2:01:16] | This is Sam Rothstein. I want to talk to Ginger. | 我是山姆·罗斯坦 我要跟金吉儿讲话 |
[2:01:20] | She’s not here, Sam. | 她不在这儿 山姆 |
[2:01:21] | Listen to me very carefully. I want to talk to Ginger. | 你给我听好 我要跟金吉儿说话 |
[2:01:24] | I want my kid back. I want her put on a plane immediately. | 我要我的孩子 我要她马上搭下班飞机回来 |
[2:01:28] | – I know she’s there. Don’t fuck around. – I wouldn’t. | -我知道她在 别玩把戏 -没有 |
[2:01:32] | You shouldn’t do this. | 你不应这么做 |
[2:01:34] | You understand? Put her on the fucking phone. | 你懂不懂? 叫她听电话 |
[2:01:37] | Sam, I don’t know where she is. | 山姆 我不知道她在哪儿 |
[2:01:39] | So, listen, can I call you back in a few minutes? | 听着 我可以待会儿打给你吗? |
[2:01:44] | 702-472-1862 702- 472- 1862 | |
[2:01:47] | I’ll call back. Right away. | -我马上回你 -马上 |
[2:01:49] | – Right back. – You got it. | -马上 -好的 |
[2:01:52] | Schmuck. All right, I just bought us a few minutes. | 白痴 好了 我多拖了一些时间 |
[2:01:56] | You want to get back at this prick? | 你想报复吗? |
[2:01:59] | You got what, $2 million in that box? | 那保险箱里有两百万对吧? |
[2:02:02] | You got a minute? He’s got $2 million in the box, right? | 喂 耽误你一下? 他保险箱里有两百万对吧? |
[2:02:05] | You let him keep your jewels. We take the cash… | 珠宝就留给他 我们拿走现金… |
[2:02:08] | and the only other thing he cares about. Her majesty. | 与他唯一在乎的另一件东西 他的小公主 |
[2:02:11] | We go to Europe. You dye your hair. | 我们去欧洲 你把头发染了 |
[2:02:13] | I don’t want to go to Europe. I want to go to see The Elephant Man. | 我不要去欧洲 我要去看The EIephant Man |
[2:02:17] | We’re going to Europe. Let the adults talk. You dye your hair. | 我们要去欧洲 让大人讲话 你去染头发 |
[2:02:21] | You get plastic surgery like we talked about. | 像我们所说的去整容 |
[2:02:24] | How much you think he’ll pay to get this kid back? | 你觉得他会愿意付多少赎金? |
[2:02:26] | – I don’t want to go to Europe. – Shut your mouth. | -我不要去欧洲 -你给我闭嘴 |
[2:02:29] | – You shut up. – Want me to come over? | -你才闭嘴 -你要我过来? |
[2:02:31] | I’ll smack your face. Don’t give me your shit! | 我一巴掌打死你 别找我麻烦! |
[2:02:34] | This has always been a dream, but now we’re going. | 这本来是个梦 但现在要实现了 |
[2:02:36] | – Lester, he called you here. – Right. Ace was on the phone. | -莱斯特 他打到这儿来 -他刚在电话上 |
[2:02:40] | – I just talked to him. – So he knows where you are. | -我刚跟他讲完 -所以他知道你在哪儿 |
[2:02:42] | That means he’s sending some guys over here now. | 这表示他现在就派人过来了 |
[2:02:45] | It means he’s sitting by the phone, like a dumbbell…. | 这表示他在电话旁像个蠢蛋… |
[2:02:48] | Yeah, he’s sitting by the phone waiting for you to call him back! | 对 他就像是蠢蛋坐在电话旁 等你打给他! |
[2:02:52] | What are we gonna do? He’s probably got guys outside the fucking house! | 我们该怎么办? 他可能 已经派人在门外守着了! |
[2:02:56] | – It’s this fucking bullshit of yours! – Get your bag! Let’s go! | -又是你在那儿鬼扯! -快拿行李 快走! |
[2:03:00] | – What bullshit? You want to talk it over? – Are you done yakking? | -什么鬼扯? 你想现在讨论这吗? -你唠叨完了没? |
[2:03:04] | Go! Get in the car! | 快! 快上车! |
[2:03:07] | Just relax. Nobody’s killing anybody. | 冷静点 没人要被杀 |
[2:03:09] | – I think he’s gonna kill me. – Relax. | -他一定会杀了我 -冷静点 |
[2:03:11] | Call me back here in exactly an hour on this phone. I’ll see what I can do. | 一个小时后打这支电话给我 我想想办法 |
[2:03:15] | I’ll call you back in an hour at this number… | 我一个小时后打给你… |
[2:03:18] | – and you’ll be there, right? – I’ll be here. | -你会接对不对? -我会在 |
[2:03:20] | Listen, don’t do anything else crazy. You all right? | 听着 别再做什么蠢事了 你还好吗? |
[2:03:24] | Okay, bye. | 好 再见 |
[2:03:26] | – Knock it off. – She started it. | -停止 -是她开始的 |
[2:03:29] | She started the whole thing. | 都是她开始的 |
[2:03:30] | – Don’t even think you’re gonna drive. – I’m gonna drive. | -你别想开车 -我来开 |
[2:03:33] | – I’m not gonna drive with a crazy woman. – You’re driving me nuts! | -我可不想坐疯婆子开的车 -你快把我搞疯了! |
[2:03:36] | Get on the passenger side! I’m sending this kid to Bolivia in a box! | 滚到旁边去! 我要将这小鬼装箱寄到玻利维亚去! |
[2:03:56] | Can we…. | 我们能不能… |
[2:04:15] | Ginger called me. | 金吉儿打给我 |
[2:04:22] | – I just told you she called me. – What’d she want? | -我说她打给我 -她想怎样? |
[2:04:27] | She was afraid to call you. | 她不敢打给你 |
[2:04:30] | She’s with that cocksucker again. They got Amy. | 她又跟那败类在一起了 艾美在他们手上 |
[2:04:33] | She wants to come back, but she’s afraid you’re gonna whack her out. | 她想回来 可是她害怕你会杀了她 |
[2:04:37] | They’re gonna kidnap my kid. What do you want? | 他们想绑架我的孩子 你觉得我会怎样? |
[2:04:39] | I know. Why didn’t you come to me? This is family. It ain’t business. | 我知道 你怎么不来找我? 这是家务事 不是公事 |
[2:04:45] | Meanwhile, you made calls back home. It makes us look bad out here. | 你却打电话回老家 这样让我们很难看 |
[2:04:49] | Back and forth, this one and that one. | 这样来来回回 |
[2:04:51] | In the meantime, she’s gone anyway. Am I right? | 在这期间她也一样会跑了 不是吗? |
[2:04:55] | What am I going to do with this woman? | 我该拿这女人怎么办? |
[2:04:59] | – Driving me fucking crazy. – I think if you… | -快把我搞疯了 -我觉得你… |
[2:05:03] | assure her that she’s gonna be all right, she’ll come back. | 应该保证不会动她 她才会回来 |
[2:05:08] | Driving me fucking crazy. | 简直被她搞疯了 |
[2:05:10] | Once you get her here, think about it. | 她回来后你再从长计议 |
[2:05:12] | Wait till you get the kid back. She wants to come back. | 最起码先把孩子弄回来 她也想回来 |
[2:05:15] | That’s the main thing here. | 这才是重点 |
[2:05:18] | You want your kid, don’t you? | 你要孩子不是吗? |
[2:05:25] | Hello. | 喂 |
[2:05:26] | Hi, it’s me. Just who you wanted to talk to, right? | 是我 你迫不及待想跟我讲话吧? |
[2:05:31] | Listen, I’m not gonna ask you where you are. | 听着 我不会问你人在哪儿 |
[2:05:34] | Just, please, put Amy on a plane to get her here right away. | 只是请你将艾美马上 送上飞机回来 |
[2:05:38] | – That’s all I’m asking. – Do you…. | -我别无所求 -你… |
[2:05:41] | I mean, I don’t think she should go by herself. | 我是说 我不觉得 她应该一个人回去 |
[2:05:46] | What do you mean? | 你这是什么意思? |
[2:05:48] | What I mean is | 我是说… |
[2:05:50] | Do you think if I came back…. | 如果我回去… |
[2:05:55] | Do you think you could forgive me? | 你可以原谅我吗? |
[2:05:59] | I gotta tell you, I don’t know. | 老实说 我不知道 |
[2:06:01] | I understand that. | 我了解 |
[2:06:04] | I know I fucked up. | 我知道我搞砸了 |
[2:06:07] | – What about the money? Where’s the box? – I gotta tell you… | -那钱呢? 盒子呢? -老实说… |
[2:06:12] | I made some mistakes, and I spent some money. | 我做错事了 我花了一些钱 |
[2:06:14] | – What’s it under? – Pretty serious. | -少很多吗? -蛮多的 |
[2:06:18] | – How serious? – It’s under $25,000. | -多少 -两万五以下 |
[2:06:22] | – It’s under $25,000? – Yeah. | -两万五以下? -对 |
[2:06:24] | – The $2 million is still there? – Yeah, I got the rest. | -剩下的两百万还在吗? -在 其他的都还在 |
[2:06:28] | Okay, no big deal. That’s okay. | 好吧 没关系 |
[2:06:31] | He got his $25,000. | 他拿了两万五 |
[2:06:33] | That I’ll live with. Any more, I couldn’t. | 我可以接受 再多就不行了 |
[2:06:35] | Okay. | 好 |
[2:06:37] | All right, all right. Where are you? I’ll send a plane for you right away. | 好啦 你在哪里? 我马上派飞机去接你 |
[2:06:44] | Hi, Sam. | 嗨 山姆 |
[2:06:57] | So what’d you do with it? | 你拿去干嘛了? |
[2:06:59] | With what? | 什么? |
[2:07:02] | With the money. | 钱啊 |
[2:07:05] | He needed some clothes. | 他需要些衣服 |
[2:07:08] | $25,000 for clothes? | 两万五买衣服? |
[2:07:12] | He wanted a watch, too. | 他还要了只表 |
[2:07:16] | $25,000 for clothes and a watch? | 两万五买衣服和表? |
[2:07:21] | Good evening, signora. This way. | 晚安夫人 这边请 |
[2:07:24] | The good part was I had Amy back. | 好事是艾美回来了 |
[2:07:26] | So we went home, had the housekeeper stay over, put the kid to bed. | 我们回家 请管家来过夜 然后送孩子上床 |
[2:07:31] | I calmed myself down, and we went to dinner. | 我逼自己冷静 然后我们出门吃饭 |
[2:07:34] | I tried to keep things nice and civil… | 我试着让一切缓和… |
[2:07:36] | but $25, 000 for three suits? | 但是两万五买三套西装? |
[2:07:41] | That doesn’t make much sense. | 这不太合理 |
[2:07:43] | First of all, he’s not gonna wear $1,000 suits. | 第一点 他不可能穿一千元一套的西装 |
[2:07:47] | Let’s say he did, which he won’t. | 就算假设他穿 虽然他不会 |
[2:07:49] | How you gonna get fitted for 25 suits in three days? | 三天内怎么可能 量身订做25套西装? |
[2:07:54] | I mean, how could you get fitted that fast? | 怎么可能量得那么快? |
[2:07:56] | I can’t get fitted that fast, and I pay twice as much. | 我付两倍的钱都不可能那么快 |
[2:07:59] | I bought him a watch, too. | 我还帮他买了只表 |
[2:08:03] | But even if you bought him a really nice watch, one that he thought was nice… | 就算是买了只好表 一只他认为是好的表… |
[2:08:06] | he doesn’t know what the fuck a good watch is. | 他根本不知道好表长什么样子 |
[2:08:09] | Say you go $5,000 to $12,000 at the most, which is impossible for him. | 假设表价在五千 最多一万二 对他来说也不可能 |
[2:08:15] | Plus, at the most, three suits, $1,000 apiece. That still leaves what? | 加上三套一千一套的西装 还剩多少? |
[2:08:20] | – Around $10,000? – Would you knock it off, Sam? | -差不多一万左右 -山姆 可以停止吗? |
[2:08:23] | – I’m just trying to figure it out. – There’s nothing to figure out. | -我只是想算清楚 -没什么好算的 |
[2:08:28] | I’m home. We’re working it out. | 我回家了 我们在协调 |
[2:08:32] | But I’ve been told before, “We’re working it out.” | 可是我以前也听过 “我们在协调” |
[2:08:35] | You think that you’re home… | 你以为你回家… |
[2:08:37] | after what you just put me through with Amy, is a favor to me? | 在你对我与艾美所做的一切后 算是给我面子吗? |
[2:08:48] | Counting the watch, let’s say another $4,000 for expenses this weekend… | 加上表 假设你们这个周末 花费了四千好了… |
[2:08:54] | of which you must have had a good time. | 我相信你们一定过得很愉快 |
[2:08:56] | I know he did. That’s for sure. | 至少我很确定他很愉快 |
[2:08:58] | I know that fucking piece of shit had a good fucking time. | 我知道那狗杂种一定很快乐 |
[2:09:04] | On my money. | 花我的钱 |
[2:09:06] | You might as well have fucked him, which you probably did anyway. | 你干脆就跟他上床算了 你八成也这样做了 |
[2:09:10] | You’re looking at me a certain way. | 你看我的表情很奇怪 |
[2:09:14] | You’re teary- eyed. | 你热泪盈眶 |
[2:09:17] | You’re upset. You’re a good actress, you know that? | 你很难过 你真是个好演员 |
[2:09:20] | Good fucking actress. | 真他妈的演得好 |
[2:09:23] | You can fucking get pity out of people. | 你可让任何人可怜你 |
[2:09:25] | I’m not a john. You understand? | 但我不是嫖客 好吗? |
[2:09:27] | You always thought I was, but I’m not. And I’m not a sucker. | 你一直以为我是 但我不是 我也不是冤大头 |
[2:09:32] | That fucking pimp cocksucker. | 那可恶的拉皮条狗杂碎 |
[2:09:35] | He’s lucky I didn’t kill him last time. | 上次没杀了他是他命好 |
[2:09:37] | Lucky he’s fucking living. If you would have stayed with Amy… | 他活着是命好 若你们带着艾美… |
[2:09:40] | and you had run away, he would have been dead. | 然后走人的话 他就死定了 |
[2:09:42] | Both of you. Dead. Dead. | 你们俩都死定了 |
[2:09:54] | No, it isn’t fair. | 不 不公平 |
[2:10:02] | He doesn’t come home at night. What is the big fucking deal? | 他晚上根本不回家 有什么了不起? |
[2:10:05] | I go…. Listen, I just can’t fucking take it. | 我走 听着 我真的受不了 |
[2:10:08] | Why should I fucking take it? That wasn’t the deal. | 我为什么要忍受? 这不是我们的协议 |
[2:10:11] | He acts like I’m the only one around here with a fucking past. | 他一副好像就只有我有过去的样子 |
[2:10:15] | He’ll never let me live it down. | 他永远都不让我忘记 |
[2:10:17] | Well, yes, I have tried. Of course I’ve tried. | 是 我试过 我当然试过 |
[2:10:20] | What the fuck do you think I came back here for? | 你以为我为什么回来? |
[2:10:23] | No, I’m not. I want to have him killed. | 不 我不 我想杀了他 |
[2:10:26] | I want him killed. I’ve had it. | 我要杀了他 我受够了 |
[2:10:28] | So are you with me on this? | 你要帮我吗? |
[2:10:32] | You want to get rid of me? Here I am. | 你想干掉我? 我就在这儿 |
[2:10:35] | Go ahead. Get rid of me. | 来啊 干掉我啊 |
[2:10:38] | – Hello. – Yes, I do! | -喂 -是的! |
[2:10:41] | I fucking hate you! I can’t take it anymore! | 我恨死你了! 我受不了了! |
[2:10:45] | Yes, I want to kill you! I hate your fucking guts! | 是 我要杀了你! 我恨死你了! |
[2:10:48] | You hate my guts? I want you to come with me now! | 你恨死我了? 我要你现在就给我过来! |
[2:10:57] | I want you out of here! | 我要你滚! |
[2:11:04] | Take your fucking bag and get out of here! | 拿好行李给我滚! |
[2:11:06] | I’ll go, but I want my money right now! | 我会走 但我现在就要我的钱! |
[2:11:08] | – You’ll get your money! Don’t worry. – The arrangement is over. | -你会拿到钱的! 别担心 -协议结束了 |
[2:11:11] | – No kidding! – And I still get my money. | -废话! -我还是拿得到钱 |
[2:11:14] | I need some cash now! You can’t just put me in the street! | 我现在就要一些现金 你不能就这样把我赶出街! |
[2:11:17] | You’ve never been straight with me ever since I met you! | 你从一认识我就没诚实过! |
[2:11:20] | You never even loved me in the first place! | 你从一开始就没爱过我! |
[2:11:22] | I need eyes in the back of my head with you, you bitch! | 跟你这婊子一起 我连脑后都得长眼睛! |
[2:11:25] | How could I love you? You treat me like I’m your fucking dog! | 我怎么爱你? 你对我像对条狗一样! |
[2:11:28] | – You’re lower than a dog! – Fuck you! | -你连狗都不如! -去你的! |
[2:11:32] | Here! Is this enough money? | 拿去! 够了没? |
[2:11:34] | Will it last you two fucking days? Take it! | 可以活两天吗? 拿去! |
[2:11:37] | – Greedy bitch. Take the fucking money. – I’m going to the bank… | -贪得无厌的婊子 钱拿去 -我要去银行… |
[2:11:40] | – and I’m getting my jewelry, too! – It opens at 9:00 a.m. Be there. | -我还要去拿我的珠宝! -早上9点开 去拿啊 |
[2:11:43] | Don’t send your guys down there to stop me! I mean it! | 别叫你的人去阻止我! 我说真的! |
[2:11:46] | I guarantee you, I will not stop you. | 我向你保证我绝对不会阻止你 |
[2:11:48] | You’re not getting rid of me with one fucking suitcase! | 你别想以一口箱子就打发我! |
[2:11:51] | Come back tomorrow and get the rest. Just get out of here. | 剩下的明天再回来拿吧 给我滚 |
[2:11:55] | – I’m taking Amy. – You’re not. | -我要带艾美走 -不行 |
[2:11:56] | I am. I’m waking her up right now. | 我要 我现在去叫她 |
[2:11:58] | You’re stoned. You’re a junkie. Get out of here. | 你剋药了 你这个毒虫 给我滚 |
[2:12:00] | I am not! She’s my daughter, too! | 我不是! 她也是我女儿! |
[2:12:02] | Send my lawyers a letter, god- fucking- damn you! | 写信给我的律师吧 去你的! |
[2:12:05] | You’re not getting away with this! You’re not gonna cut me out of my end! | 你跑不掉的! 你别想不遵守你的诺言! |
[2:12:11] | Fucker! | 王八蛋! |
[2:13:04] | The funny thing was, after all that, I didn’t want her to go. | 好笑的是 经过这么多事 我还是不想让她走 |
[2:13:08] | She was the mother of my kid. I loved her. | 她是我孩子的妈 我爱她 |
[2:13:11] | Later, I realized I didn’t want to give her the money because if I did… | 后来 我发现我并不想将钱给她 因为我若给了… |
[2:13:17] | I knew I’d never see her again. | 我知道将再也见不到她 |
[2:13:31] | Have a good day at school, okay? | 在学校要开开心心的喔 |
[2:13:33] | Okay, angel. | 好的 天使 |
[2:13:40] | From now on, I have to know where you and Amy are at all times. | 从现在起 我随时都得知道 你与艾美在哪儿 |
[2:13:46] | Here’s a beeper. | 这是呼叫器 |
[2:13:48] | I want you to keep it on you. | 我要你拿着 |
[2:13:50] | It’s very light. | 很轻 |
[2:13:52] | So I can call you whenever I have to. | 让我可以随时打给你 |
[2:13:58] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[2:14:10] | What are you supposed to do? What do you wanna do? | 你能怎么做? 你想怎么做呢? |
[2:14:12] | You want to stay the way you are? You can’t do that. | 你想就像现在这样吗? 你也不能啊 |
[2:14:15] | Two people don’t get along, at some point you gotta call it…. | 两个人若合不来 总要有人出来说… |
[2:14:18] | It’s not my business, but I think that’s what you gotta do. | 这不关我的事 但我觉得你应该这样做 |
[2:14:21] | You’re right. I know. | 你说得对 我知道 |
[2:14:23] | – I was just – What? | -我只是…-什么? |
[2:14:26] | – Nothing. – What were you gonna say? | -没什么 -你想说什么? |
[2:14:28] | – I don’t – Tell me what you were gonna say. | -我不…-告诉我你本来想说什么 |
[2:14:31] | Yeah? | 真的? |
[2:14:33] | I was thinking maybe you know somebody at the bank… | 我在想说你有没有认识 银行的人… |
[2:14:37] | who could help me get my jewelry out? | 可以帮我把珠宝拿出来? |
[2:14:39] | There’s a lot of money in there. | 有很多钱在那儿 |
[2:14:41] | I’d be willing to take care of anybody who helped me out. | 我愿意重赏任何可以帮助我的人 |
[2:14:46] | Let me think about that. | 我想想办法 |
[2:14:49] | Let me see who I got. Gotta get somebody I can trust. | 我看看能找谁 一定得是可以信得过的人 |
[2:14:53] | You know he’s never gonna give me my jewelry. | 你也知道他是不会把珠宝给我的 |
[2:14:56] | He holds that key so tight, he’s probably got it stuck up his ass. | 他把那把钥匙抓得很紧 我看就差没藏到屁眼里去了 |
[2:15:01] | You’re right. That’s Sammy. | 说得好 真像是山姆 |
[2:15:04] | And he’s probably got it there, too. | 搞不好真的就在那儿 |
[2:15:08] | He’s so fucking lucky. I could have buried him. | 他真是命大 我本可以埋了他 |
[2:15:12] | I could have gone to Europe and taken the baby. | 我本可以去欧洲并把孩子带走 |
[2:15:16] | Then he’d have tracked me down, and he’d have killed me. | 那他可能就会找到我 并把我杀了 |
[2:15:19] | No, he wouldn’t. I would have. | 不 他不会 但我会 |
[2:15:22] | – He’d have been right, too. Seriously. – Come on. | -不过他是没错 -别闹了 |
[2:15:25] | You don’t take a guy’s kid and then take off. | 你不能就这样把他的孩子带走 |
[2:15:28] | I didn’t. I did, but then I did exactly what you told me to do, and I came back. | 我没有 我本来有 但后来我照你所说的回家了 |
[2:15:32] | You did. You’re right. I like that. | 你是 你照做了 很好 |
[2:15:36] | – That’s what I like, you did the right thing. – I did what you told me to. | -我喜欢这样 你做对了 -我听了你的话 |
[2:15:40] | – Yes, you did. – You always tell me the right thing to do. | -是的 -你总会告诉我正确的做法 |
[2:15:50] | He really fucked himself up out here, didn’t he? | 他真的在这儿把自己搞砸了 不是吗? |
[2:15:53] | – He sure did. – Everything went to his head. | -是啊 -这一切改变了他的想法 |
[2:15:58] | Changed. | 改变了 |
[2:16:00] | – He did. He ain’t the same person. – No, he’s not. | -他变了 他已不是同一个人了 -不 他不是 |
[2:16:04] | – He really thinks who the fuck he is. – Exactly. | -他真的觉得自己多了不起 -的确 |
[2:16:11] | He hates me. | 他恨我 |
[2:16:12] | He hates my fucking guts. | 他好恨我 |
[2:16:15] | Come on, you’re a toughie. You can take this. | 别这样 你最坚强了 这不算什么 |
[2:16:22] | Don’t cry. I’m not as tough as you think I am. | -别哭 -我没你想像的坚强 |
[2:16:25] | Yes, you are. | 你有 |
[2:16:27] | I’m not, and he scares the shit out of me. | 我没有 我好怕他 |
[2:16:30] | – I never know what he’s gonna do. – Come on. | -我永远都不知道他下步要干嘛 -别这样 |
[2:16:33] | – Don’t be scared. – I need some help. | -别怕 -我需要帮助 |
[2:16:38] | I need some help. | 我需要帮助 |
[2:16:42] | You gotta help me. | 你得帮我 |
[2:16:44] | I need a new sponsor, Nicky. | 我需要个新靠山 |
[2:16:47] | I do. I need a new sponsor. | 真的 我需要个新的靠山 |
[2:16:49] | – Is that what you want? – Yeah. | -这是你想要的? -是啊 |
[2:16:51] | – A sponsor? – Yeah. | -靠山? -是的 |
[2:16:55] | Okay. Don’t worry about it. Nobody will fuck with you anymore. | 好 别担心 没人敢动你的 |
[2:17:01] | I’ll take care of you. | 我会照顾你的 |
[2:17:03] | Thank you. It’s what you want, isn’t it? | -谢谢你 -这是你想要的 不是吗? |
[2:17:30] | That’s Ace’s wife. | 艾斯的老婆 |
[2:17:43] | This is great for the boss. | 这给老板看太好了 |
[2:18:14] | Hi. Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[2:18:19] | – You didn’t answer your beeper. – I threw it away. | -你没回呼叫器 -我丢了 |
[2:18:22] | You threw it away? | 你丢了 |
[2:18:24] | I tried to do it. I know that you want me to, but…. | 我试着带着 我知道你希望我带着… |
[2:18:27] | I’m driving down the freeway and the fucking thing beeps. | 可是我开在高速公路上时 它也在响 |
[2:18:30] | I’m in a restaurant, it’s embarrassing. | 在餐馆也是 很丢脸 |
[2:18:32] | I don’t want to do it anymore. Where’s Amy? | 我不要再带了 艾美呢? |
[2:18:37] | I put her to bed. I got your cigarettes. | -她睡了 -我买了你要的烟 |
[2:18:43] | Oscar wants you to call him. | 奥斯卡要你跟他连络 |
[2:18:46] | – So who’d you go to lunch with? – Jennifer. | -你跟谁吃的午餐? -珍妮佛 |
[2:18:49] | – Where’d you go? – To the Riviera. | -去哪儿吃? -欧华赌场 |
[2:18:53] | What’d you have? | 吃什么? |
[2:18:56] | – I had a salad. – What did Jennifer have? | -我叫沙拉 -珍妮佛呢? |
[2:19:01] | She had the same. | 她也一样 |
[2:19:03] | Okay. | 好 |
[2:19:06] | I want you to call Jennifer… | 我要你打给珍妮佛… |
[2:19:08] | and I want you to tell her to tell you what you had for lunch. | 我要你叫她告诉你 你午餐吃了什么 |
[2:19:12] | I’m gonna listen in on the other line. | 我从另一线听 |
[2:19:14] | – Why do you want to do that? – You know why I want to do it. | -你干嘛这样? -你知道为什么 |
[2:19:18] | – Just do it. – Fine. | -照做就是了 -好啦 |
[2:19:21] | I just need to get the bowl for my thing. | 我只是需要拿个碗装这个 |
[2:19:32] | The line’s busy. | 忙线中 |
[2:19:33] | There’s nobody there. | 没人在 |
[2:19:42] | – Hello? – Hello, Jennifer. It’s Sam. | -喂 -喂 珍妮佛 是山姆 |
[2:19:47] | All right. I didn’t have lunch with Jennifer. | 好啦 我没跟珍妮佛吃饭 |
[2:19:58] | Who were you with? | 那你跟谁? |
[2:20:00] | I was with somebody. | 一个人 |
[2:20:02] | I know you were with somebody. Who was it? | 我知道你有伴 是谁? |
[2:20:13] | I just hope it’s not someone who I think it might be. | 我只希望不是我想的那个人 |
[2:20:19] | I just hope it’s not that. | 我只希望不是他 |
[2:20:25] | I knew she fucked around. | 我知道她在外面乱来 |
[2:20:26] | Yeah, she did what she did, and I did what I had to do, but… | 她做她做的 我也做我要做的… |
[2:20:30] | Jesus, Nicky was the worst thing she could have done. | 可是 天啊 尼奇是她所能做出最糟糕的事 |
[2:20:35] | What if he won’t stop? | 若他不愿停呢? |
[2:20:36] | It could get us both killed. | 我们两个可能都会没命 |
[2:20:39] | I can back him off. | 我可以让他停 |
[2:20:45] | She was very convincing when she wanted to be. | 她在必要时可以很有说服力 |
[2:20:48] | And this is how she backed him off. | 她是这样让他停的 |
[2:20:57] | Hey, Ginger. | 嗨 金吉儿 |
[2:20:59] | Don’t forget, if you’re challenged… | 别忘了 要是他追问你 |
[2:21:02] | if he asks anything, deny everything. | 不管他问你什么 你都不要承认 |
[2:21:04] | You understand? I don’t want him bringing beefs back home. | 懂不懂? 我不想他跟老家那头抱怨 |
[2:21:08] | That could really cause a serious problem. | 这样麻烦就大了 |
[2:21:11] | Got to be careful. He’s not dumb, you know? | 得小心点 他也不是蠢蛋 懂吗? |
[2:21:13] | You hear what I’m saying, right? | 你懂我的意思吧? |
[2:21:15] | I know. You don’t have to tell me that. | 我知道 你不用告诉我 |
[2:21:17] | Do you think I’m stupid? | 你当我白痴吗? |
[2:21:20] | Do I think you’re stupid? No. | 我当你白痴? 不 |
[2:21:22] | I think you’re beautiful. But I gotta go. | 我当你是美女 但我得走了 |
[2:21:28] | By this time, Nicky had things so fucked up on the streets… | 这时候 尼奇在外的事已经乱到… |
[2:21:31] | that every time Marino went back home, the packages got smaller and smaller. | 每次玛雷诺回老家时 皮箱都越来越小 |
[2:21:38] | It got to the point, when he walked into the place… | 后来甚至严重到 他每走入一个地方… |
[2:21:40] | he didn’t know whether he was going to be kissed or killed. | 他都不确定会被亲还是被杀 |
[2:21:43] | Frankie, I want to ask you something. | 法兰克 我有事问你 |
[2:21:46] | It’s private. | 私人的事 |
[2:21:48] | But I want you to tell me the truth. | 我要你说实话 |
[2:21:51] | Of course, Remo. | 当然 利蒙 |
[2:21:53] | I want you to tell me the truth, mind you. | 我要你说真话 |
[2:21:57] | I always tell you the truth, Remo. | 我对你一直都很诚实 利蒙 |
[2:22:00] | Frankie, the little guy… | 法兰克 小矮个… |
[2:22:03] | he wouldn’t be fucking the Jew’s wife, would he? | 他不是在搞犹太人的老婆吧? |
[2:22:05] | Because if he is, it’s a problem. | 因为若他有 就是个问题 |
[2:22:11] | What could I say? | 我能说什么? |
[2:22:13] | I knew if I gave the wrong answer… | 我知道若我答错了… |
[2:22:14] | Nicky, Ginger, Ace, all of them could have wound up getting killed. | 尼奇 金吉儿与艾斯 全部都可能被干掉 |
[2:22:19] | Because there’s one thing about these old- timers. | 因为这些老家伙们有个禁忌 |
[2:22:22] | They don’t like any fucking around with the other guys’ wives. | 就是他们不能忍受搞别人老婆 |
[2:22:25] | It’s bad for business. | 那很难看 |
[2:22:26] | So I lied, even though I knew that by lying to Gaggi… | 所以我撒谎 虽然我知道对盖吉撒谎… |
[2:22:30] | I could wind up getting killed, too. | 可能会害我也被干掉 |
[2:22:33] | – No, I ain’t seen anything like that. – Are you sure? | -不 我没见到这种事 -你确定? |
[2:22:38] | I’m positive. | 我很确定 |
[2:22:40] | Remo, things are very fucked up down there. | 利蒙 那边现在可是一团糟 |
[2:22:45] | I know. That’s why I’m asking. | 我知道 所以我才问你 |
[2:22:47] | You see, my main concern is Nicky. | 我最担心的是尼奇 |
[2:22:50] | I want to know if he’s doing all right, if he’s okay. | 我想知道他最近如何 过得好不好 |
[2:22:54] | – He’s good, he’s fine. – I’m asking you to keep an eye on Nicky. | -他很好 -我要你看好尼奇 |
[2:22:59] | – Do it for me. – No problem. | -为了我 -没问题 |
[2:23:02] | You see, I wouldn’t want to be jeopardizing anything for our friends. | 你知道 我不想得罪我们的朋友 |
[2:23:07] | You understand? | 你懂吗? |
[2:23:08] | – I understand. – Okay. | -我懂了 -好 |
[2:23:12] | Frankie, you’re a good boy. | 法兰克 你是个好孩子 |
[2:23:14] | Thanks, Remo. | 谢了 利蒙 |
[2:23:15] | By now, Nicky and his crew had already hit rock bottom. | 这时 尼奇与他那帮人 已经跌到谷底了 |
[2:23:18] | Vegas really got to him. | 赌城真的改变了他 |
[2:23:21] | The booze, the coke, the broads. | 酒精 可卡因 女人 |
[2:23:25] | I mean, he got sloppy. | 我是说 他开始大意 |
[2:23:27] | He just wasn’t the same Nicky anymore. | 他再也不是以前那个尼奇了 |
[2:23:29] | – You must’ve drank too much. – Fuck yourself. | -你喝太多了 -去你的 |
[2:23:32] | One night, he had to belt a guy three times… | 有晚他对个家伙开了三枪… |
[2:23:34] | before the guy finally went down. | 才将他打死 |
[2:23:36] | In the old days, Nicky would’ve decked him with one shot. | 要是以前 尼奇只要一枪就够了 |
[2:23:39] | You add this into the mix…. | 加上这些成份… |
[2:23:41] | Maybe Vegas got to all of us. | 可能赌城改变了我们全部 |
[2:23:44] | His crew followed him right over the edge. | 他那帮人随着他一起堕落 |
[2:23:47] | They were all tuned up half the time on coke. | 他们每天一半的时间都在吸毒中渡过 |
[2:23:49] | They started doing stupid things. The worst was Blue. | 他们开始做些蠢事 尤其是布鲁 |
[2:23:52] | – What do you guys want? – Police! Stay in the car! | -你们要干嘛? -警察! 别下车! |
[2:23:55] | He never knew when to keep his mouth shut. | 他从不知道何时该闭嘴 |
[2:23:57] | – Drop the gun! – Fuck you! | -放下枪! -去你的! |
[2:24:05] | The cops shot Blue… | 条子朝布鲁开枪… |
[2:24:07] | because they thought his hero sandwich was a gun. | 因为他们以为 他手上拿的潜艇堡是手枪 |
[2:24:10] | They could have been right, but who knows? | 他们也许是对的 但谁知道? |
[2:24:13] | Jesus Christ! What gun? He’s got a fucking hero sandwich here. | 天啊 什么枪? 他手上拿的是潜艇堡 |
[2:24:17] | What do you want? It’s pitch black. | 不然能怎样? 这儿这么黑 |
[2:24:19] | – It’s tinfoil. It looked like a gun! – You moron! | -是锡箔纸 看来像枪! -你这智障! |
[2:24:22] | – I’ll be doing paperwork for two months! – What’ll we do? | -我得办两个月的公文! -该怎么办? |
[2:24:24] | – Sorry! – You jerk- off! | -抱歉! -白痴! |
[2:24:26] | To make matters worse… to get even, Nicky’s crew got stoned one night… | 更糟的是 为了报仇 尼奇那帮人有天晚上… |
[2:24:30] | and started shooting up the cops’ houses. | 吸毒后跑去扫射警察的家 |
[2:24:43] | It got to the point where they couldn’t talk in the Gold Rush anymore… | 后来严重到连在掏金热潮里 都不方便讲话… |
[2:24:47] | because the Feds put a wire in the wall. | 因为联邦调查局在窃听 |
[2:24:49] | Even when they talked outside, they had to cover their mouths… | 他们连在外面讲话时 都得捂住嘴 |
[2:24:52] | because the Feds brought in lip readers. | 因为联邦调查局请来了读唇语的专家 |
[2:24:54] | Nicky found out about it from a teller who owed him money. | 尼奇是从一个欠他钱的 银行职员那听说的 |
[2:24:58] | He asked me again about you and the Jew’s wife. | 他又问我你跟犹太人老婆的事 |
[2:25:01] | Walk, walk, walk. What’d you say? | 走 走 走 你说什么? |
[2:25:04] | He asked me again about you and the Jew’s wife. | 他又问我你跟犹太人老婆的事 |
[2:25:07] | What’d you tell him? | 你怎么说? |
[2:25:09] | I told him I didn’t know nothing. | 我说我不知道 |
[2:25:11] | Jiggs and Tony Gorilla said if you did anything, you’re fucked up. | 杰葛与东尼国理拉说 你要是有做什么就完了 |
[2:25:16] | You think he’s going home making a beef behind my back? | 你想他是不是背着我回老家 跟他们抱怨? |
[2:25:19] | No, you would have heard something. | 不 若有的话 你应该早听到风声 |
[2:25:23] | – What’s to stop him? – I know. | -有什么阻止他这么做? -是啊 |
[2:25:28] | I don’t trust him anymore, but they’d never okay anything. | 我不相信他了 但老大们不会答应我干掉他的 |
[2:25:32] | But they keep asking about it. | 但他们一直在问 |
[2:25:34] | Sure they’re asking. They earn with the prick. | 当然会问啰 他们靠他赚钱 |
[2:25:39] | I got a funny feeling he’s gonna start a war or something. | 我有种感觉 他好像想引发战争 |
[2:25:44] | I’m not sure yet. But you know what I want you to do? | 我还不确定 但你知道我要你干嘛吗? |
[2:25:47] | Who’s this guy? | 这是谁? |
[2:25:50] | That ain’t nobody. | 谁都不是 |
[2:25:52] | You know what I want you to do? | 你知道我要你干嘛吗? |
[2:25:54] | Get some guys to dig a hole in the desert and show you where it’s at. | 找个人在沙漠挖个洞 要他告诉你在哪儿 |
[2:25:58] | Angelo and Buster. I’m not sure yet. | -安基罗与本斯特 -我还不确定 |
[2:26:02] | They’ll do it. When I’m ready, I’ll say the words: | -他们肯干的 -我准备好时会跟你说… |
[2:26:05] | “Go see the Jew.” And you make it disappear. Know what I mean? | “去找犹太人” 然后你就让他消失 懂不懂? |
[2:26:09] | Let me know. But you gotta be ready. | 让我知道 但你得准备好 |
[2:26:10] | You know what I’m talking about? | 你懂我的意思吗? |
[2:26:14] | Did I say to do anything yet? | 我有叫你行动吗? |
[2:26:15] | I said I’m not sure. I’ll let you know. I want to think about it. | 我说了我不确定 我会让你知道 我得再想想 |
[2:26:19] | Where are these pricks at? They’re in the motel? | 那些浑蛋呢? 在旅馆里吗? |
[2:26:21] | There or in the fucking bank. I don’t know. All over the joint. | 那里或是银行 我也不知道 到处都是 |
[2:26:50] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[2:26:54] | Any calls for me, give them to Mr. Sherbert. | 有我的电话就转给雪伯提先生 |
[2:26:56] | – Sure, Mr. Rothstein. – I’m going home for a few seconds. | -好的 罗斯坦先生 -我回家一会儿 |
[2:27:09] | He’s on his way home. | 他要回家了 |
[2:27:12] | Okay. | 好的 |
[2:27:23] | Hello? Ginger? | 喂? 金吉儿? |
[2:27:26] | – Help, Daddy! – Amy! | -爸爸 救命! -艾美! |
[2:27:29] | – Amy, open the door! – I can’t! I’m tied! | -艾美 开门! -我不能 我被绑起来了! |
[2:27:37] | – Dad! – What happened? | -爸爸! -发生什么事! |
[2:27:39] | – Who did this to you? – Mommy. | -是谁? -是妈妈 |
[2:27:41] | I’m gonna get a knife and cut you loose. | 我去拿刀把绳子切断 |
[2:27:43] | – No, please! – Okay, I’m gonna be right back. | -不要走! -没关系 我马上回来 |
[2:27:46] | – When did this happen, honey? – I don’t know. | -什么时候的事 甜心? -我不知道 |
[2:27:50] | What time did your mother do this? When did she leave? | 你妈什么时候做的? 她什么时候走的? |
[2:27:53] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[2:28:02] | – Hello? – Sammy. | -喂? -山姆 |
[2:28:03] | – Yeah. Who’s this? – Me. | -你是谁? -是我 |
[2:28:06] | – You okay? – No, I’m not okay. | -你还好吗? -我不好 |
[2:28:08] | – How’d you know I was here? – I just wanted to talk to you. | -你怎么知道我在? -我只想跟你谈谈 |
[2:28:11] | Ginger’s missing. She tied Amy up and locked her in her room. | 金吉儿不见了 她将艾美绑在房间并上锁 |
[2:28:14] | I don’t know where she is. | 我不知道她在哪儿 |
[2:28:15] | Well, listen, Ginger’s here at the Leaning Tower with me. | 听着 金吉儿在比萨斜塔 跟我一起 |
[2:28:19] | She’s there with you? | 她在你那儿? |
[2:28:21] | – Yeah, she’s here. – I’ll be right over. | -是 在这儿 -我马上来 |
[2:28:24] | All right. | 好的 |
[2:28:28] | – Coming over. – Great. | -过来了 -非常好 |
[2:28:36] | Don’t make a scene, all right? | 别闹事 好吗? |
[2:28:38] | I want to talk to that Irish bitch. | 我要跟那爱尔兰婊子说话 |
[2:28:41] | She’s trying to save your marriage. | 她想要挽救你们的婚姻 |
[2:28:43] | Nicky, I want to talk to that fucking bitch. | 尼奇 我要见那婊子 |
[2:28:46] | Be fucking nice. Calm. | 客气点 冷静 |
[2:28:50] | Be nice. Don’t fuck up in here. | 客气点 别搞砸了 |
[2:29:03] | – Hi. – Are you out of your mind? | -嗨 -你疯了吗? |
[2:29:05] | You tie up our kid and lock the door? Are you out of your mind? | 你把我们的孩子绑起来还锁门? 你疯了吗? |
[2:29:10] | That’s our child. Are you out of your mind? | 那是我们的孩子 你他妈的疯了吗? |
[2:29:12] | It was just for a little while. The baby- sitter wasn’t there. | 只是一下下而已 褓姆刚好不在 |
[2:29:15] | I ought to have you committed. You do that again and I’ll | 我真该送你去疯人院 你下次再试试看… |
[2:29:18] | I was just gonna be out for a little while. | 我只是出去一会儿 |
[2:29:21] | – She was asleep. I was gonna be back… – Listen. | -她睡了 我一会就要回去的…-听着 |
[2:29:24] | – …before she even woke up. – Listen, you fucking cunt… | -在她醒来前 -听着 你这贱货… |
[2:29:27] | let me tell you something. | 让我告诉你 |
[2:29:29] | Listen to me. Listen carefully. | 听我说 听清楚 |
[2:29:31] | You ever touch her again or do anything like that again… | 你别想再动她一根汗毛… |
[2:29:34] | I’ll fucking kill you, pure and simple. | 我会杀了你 就这么简单 |
[2:29:36] | You hear me? Pure and simple. | 你听到没? 就这么简单 |
[2:29:38] | – Why don’t you let me go? – I’ll kill you. | -你为何不让我走? -我会杀了你 |
[2:29:40] | – You fucking whore. – I’ll sign anything you want me to sign. | -你这个婊子 -你要我签什么都行 |
[2:29:43] | I just want the key to my jewelry, and you to let me go. | 我只要珠宝的钥匙 还有让我走 |
[2:29:46] | – Want your jewelry? – Let me go. | -你想要珠宝? -放我走 |
[2:29:48] | And let you disgrace me, you pig? | 然后让你丢我的脸 你这只猪? |
[2:29:51] | Get up and be a mother. | 你给我起来当个母亲 |
[2:29:53] | Get in the car and go home right now. | 立刻上车回家 |
[2:29:54] | Get up and get in…. | 起来… |
[2:29:58] | – Get up. – I wouldn’t do that if I were you. | -起来 -我要是你就不会这样 |
[2:30:01] | – I wouldn’t do that – Get up! | -我要是你就…-起来! |
[2:30:03] | Are you threatening me? | 你在威胁我吗? |
[2:30:06] | I’ll fucking kill you in this place. Get up and go home. | 我现在就可宰了你 起来回家 |
[2:30:08] | I’m going! | 我要走了! |
[2:30:17] | Now you need approval from him to go home? | 你现在要他批准才能回家? |
[2:30:19] | So what? Who blew you in the parking lot before you came in? | 那又怎样? 你从停车场进来前 又是谁在帮你吹喇叭? |
[2:30:22] | You make me sick, you fuck. | 你让我作呕 |
[2:30:25] | – Once a hooker, always a hooker. – Oh, fuck you! | -一日为娼 终生为娼 -去你的! |
[2:30:28] | Fuck you, Sam Rothstein! | 去你的 山姆·罗斯坦! |
[2:30:38] | Billy Sherbert, please. Put him on. | 找比利·雪伯提 |
[2:30:40] | – Who’s this? – Listen, I’ll explain later. | -谁啊? -听好 我待会再解释 |
[2:30:42] | You got a gun at home? Bring it over right away. | 你家里有枪吗? 马上带过来 |
[2:30:45] | – Take it easy. I’ll do it. – Okay. | -冷静点 我带 -好 |
[2:30:52] | Leave it where it is! | 就留着吧! |
[2:30:56] | Where is he? I want that Jew bastard killed! | 他在哪儿? 我要杀了那犹太王八蛋! |
[2:30:59] | Hide her car in the back. | 把她的车藏到后面去 |
[2:31:01] | There’s no reason to hide my car! He already knows! | 不需要藏我的车! 他早就知道了! |
[2:31:05] | Supposing he goes back home and makes a fucking beef? | 他要是回去告状怎么办? |
[2:31:08] | – I gotta know exactly what you said. Tell me. – Me? Nothing. I said…. | -我得知道你到底跟他说了什么 -我? 我说… |
[2:31:12] | I said, no. Everything he said, I just kept saying no. | 我说没有 不管他说什么 我都说没有 |
[2:31:15] | I told you this was fucking dangerous. | 我早跟你说这很危险 |
[2:31:17] | I said, “Ginger, this is a dangerous situation. Be very careful.” | 我说: “金吉儿 状况很危险 你一定要小心” |
[2:31:21] | If it’s so fucking dangerous, why don’t you kill him? | 若真这么危险 你为何不杀了他? |
[2:31:24] | I’m not gonna kill him. Shut the fuck up. | 我不会杀他 闭上你的嘴 |
[2:31:27] | – Have him killed, and get it over with! – Don’t be such a fucking smart- ass! | -杀了他 做个了断! -别自做聪明! |
[2:31:31] | I know the guy 35 years, I’m gonna whack him for you? | 我跟他35年的交情 我会为了你干他? |
[2:31:35] | Motherfucker. | 王八蛋 |
[2:31:38] | – I knew it. – What about my money? | -我就知道 -那我的钱呢? |
[2:31:42] | How the fuck am I gonna get your money now? | 我现在怎么帮你拿钱? |
[2:31:45] | You think he’ll give you money? Are you out of your mind? | 你还以为他会给你钱吗? 你疯了吗? |
[2:31:47] | – Look what you did to this guy. – What? | -看看你怎么对他的 -什么? |
[2:31:49] | If you’d just kept your fucking mouth shut. | 你只要闭上你的嘴 |
[2:31:52] | What’s the use! I should have never got involved | 现在有个屁用! 我真不该淌混水的… |
[2:31:59] | Hey! You motherfucker, you! | 喂! 你这浑蛋! |
[2:32:00] | – You fucker! – Get the fuck out! | -你浑蛋! -给我滚! |
[2:32:04] | Get the fuck out! | 给我滚出去! |
[2:32:08] | – No! – Get down there! Take it easy! | -不! -下去 冷静点! |
[2:32:10] | I shouldn’t have gotten involved with this nut! | 我根本不该管这疯子的! |
[2:32:13] | You’ll kill her. Take it easy. | 你会杀了她 冷静点 |
[2:32:15] | Get her out of here. | 把她弄出去 |
[2:32:18] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[2:32:23] | I don’t need you! I’ll get my own fucking money! | 我不需要你! 我自己会拿到我的钱! |
[2:32:28] | I’m going to the FBI! I’m not scared anymore! | 我要去找联邦调查局! 我不怕你了! |
[2:32:31] | – All right. Be careful. – You’ve fucked with me for the last time! | -好 自己小心 -这是你最后一次玩我! |
[2:32:35] | Okay. Yeah. | 好 好 |
[2:32:38] | Careful. | 小心啊 |
[2:32:40] | Come on. Get inside. | 走吧 进去 |
[2:32:43] | Look at this. Motherfucker. | 你瞧瞧 他妈的 |
[2:32:48] | I fucked up, Frankie. I fucked up good this time. | 我错了 法兰克 我这次真的搞砸了 |
[2:32:52] | I should never have started with this fucking broad. | 我真不该跟那荡妇搞的 |
[2:32:55] | Take it easy. What could you do? | 冷静点 你能怎样呢? |
[2:32:58] | I mean, she threw herself at you, right? | 是她自己送上门的 不是吗? |
[2:33:03] | I’m in a bad fucking spot here. You know that? | 我现在身处困境了 你知道吗? |
[2:33:09] | A bad fucking spot. | 里外不是人 |
[2:33:27] | I left the kid with neighbors. | 我将孩子给邻居托管 |
[2:33:28] | I had $1 million in cash and jewels… | 将近一百万的现金与珠宝… |
[2:33:30] | that I gave to Sherbert to lock up in the hotel. | 我交给雪伯提锁在赌场 |
[2:33:33] | Put this in the hotel safe and I want you to come back. | 把这放进旅馆的保险柜 然后马上回来 |
[2:34:08] | She’s alone. Take the gun and go into Amy’s…. | 她一个人 拿着枪到艾美房间去… |
[2:34:10] | – Just wait there for me. – Get down here and talk to me! | -在那儿等我 -下楼见我! |
[2:34:15] | You can’t fucking ignore me, you motherfucker! | 你不能不理我 浑蛋! |
[2:34:18] | I mean it! Come down here right now! | 我说真的! 马上给我下来! |
[2:34:23] | Get down here and talk to me, God damn it! | 下来见我 妈的! |
[2:34:27] | Fuck you! Goddamn you, come out here! | 去你的! 你给我下来! |
[2:34:30] | I’m going to drive this fucking car through the living room! | 我要将车开进客厅! |
[2:34:34] | You fucking coward! You motherfucker! | 你这个懦夫! 浑蛋! |
[2:34:38] | – Come out here and talk to me. – Will you stop it? | -出来见我 -你够了没? |
[2:34:42] | – You’re drunk. You’re on drugs. – I am not! | -你喝醉又剋药 -我没有! |
[2:34:44] | – You’ll be sorry if you don’t stop. – Don’t you threaten me! | -你再不停就要后悔了 -别威胁我! |
[2:34:50] | You’re not threatening me anymore! | 你无法再威胁我了! |
[2:34:53] | You fuck! I’m sick of you! | 王八蛋! 我受够你了! |
[2:34:56] | I am fucking Nicky Santoro! He’s my new sponsor! | 我与尼克山多罗上床! 他是我的新靠山! |
[2:35:01] | How about that, you fuckhead! | 怎么样 王八蛋! |
[2:35:03] | What are you looking at? Fuck off! | 你在看什么? 滚开! |
[2:35:05] | Go back inside! This is none of your business! | 快进去! 关你们屁事! |
[2:35:09] | I don’t have to take your shit anymore! | 我再也不要每天看你脸色了! |
[2:35:12] | I’m going to the FBI! I’ll go to the police! | 我要去找联邦调查局! 我要去找警察! |
[2:35:14] | – I am not protecting you anymore! – Mrs. Rothstein | -我不会再保护你了! -罗斯坦夫人… |
[2:35:18] | He won’t let me inside! | 他不让我进去! |
[2:35:21] | Mr. Rothstein, we’ve been getting some complaints about the noise. | 罗斯坦先生 我们接到很多 关于噪音的抱怨 |
[2:35:26] | I’m trying to get in my house. He won’t let me in. | 我试着回我家 但他不让我进门 |
[2:35:29] | I won’t let her in. I’m sorry, Randy. | 我不让她进去 抱歉 蓝帝 |
[2:35:31] | – I won’t, the way she’s behaving. – Won’t let me in? | -她那样子 我不能让她进门 -不让我? |
[2:35:34] | Who knows what you’ll do there. | 谁知道你进去会干嘛 |
[2:35:36] | I’ve been in the same clothes for two days! | 我已经两天没换衣服了! |
[2:35:38] | – I want to get my things! Big deal! – Okay. | -我要收拾东西! 什么大不了的! -好 |
[2:35:40] | Let her in to get a few things. That way she’ll leave. | 让她进去拿点东西 她就会走了 |
[2:35:43] | – This is half her house. – I’m afraid. | -这房子一半是她的 -我不敢 |
[2:35:45] | – You aren’t afraid! – She’ll destroy stuff. | -你才不怕! -她会乱砸东西 |
[2:35:48] | – Let me in the house! – Hey! | -让我进去! -喂! |
[2:35:50] | – Fucker! – Hold on! Please! | -浑蛋! -请等一下! |
[2:35:53] | You should be afraid, the way you treat me! | 你这样对我 你是该害怕! |
[2:35:55] | It’ll make it easier on everybody. | 让大家都好过点 |
[2:35:57] | If we let her get her things, we’ll be out of your hair. | 若让她进去拿东西 我们大家就不打扰你了 |
[2:36:00] | If she calms down, I’ll let her in. | 她要冷静下来 我就让她进来 |
[2:36:02] | – I am calm! – If she calms down… | -我很冷静! -若她冷静下来… |
[2:36:06] | I will let her in for five minutes… | 我让她进来五分钟… |
[2:36:08] | if you gentlemen will escort her out if she won’t leave. | 如果你们愿意在她不愿走时 护送她出去 |
[2:36:12] | – Can I go in? – That’s not a problem. | -可以进去了吗? -这不是问题 |
[2:36:14] | – Jeff, would you go in with her? – Yes. Fine! Fuck you! | -杰夫 你跟她去? -好 好 去你的! |
[2:36:20] | You wouldn’t believe how mean he is. He’s locked up my papers. | 你无法相信他多坏 他把我的证件都锁起来 |
[2:36:24] | I have to get them. Don’t let him come up here… | 我要拿它们 别让他上来这儿… |
[2:36:27] | because I know they’re in here in the desk. Fuck. | 因为它们在这书桌里 |
[2:36:33] | Pay attention. He could come up here at anytime. | 注意点 他随时都会上楼 |
[2:36:39] | Are you watching for him? | 你有看着他吗? |
[2:36:44] | Got them. | 找到了 |
[2:36:46] | I don’t want her in there more than a few more minutes. | 我不要她在里头超过五分钟 |
[2:36:49] | It’ll just be a couple minutes. We got other things to do, too. | 很快就好了 我们也有别的事要做 |
[2:36:54] | He’ll hurry her up. | 我们会叫她快点的 |
[2:36:57] | – How’s everything else? – Fine. | -其他都还好吧? -很好 |
[2:36:59] | – How’s your family? – Not bad. In fact, my wife’s pregnant again. | -你那边呢? -不错啊 我老婆又怀孕了 |
[2:37:04] | – Congratulations. – Thanks. | -恭喜你 -谢了 |
[2:37:08] | We’re happy about that. | 我们很开心 |
[2:37:09] | I just have to get this one more thing, then we can go. | 我得再拿一样东西 然后我们就可以走了 |
[2:37:13] | Shit! Fuck! | 妈的! |
[2:37:16] | Shit! God! | 妈的! |
[2:37:18] | That pisses me off! Don’t worry. | 气死我了! 别管它! |
[2:37:23] | It would be great… | 若能… |
[2:37:24] | if you could follow me out of here… | 跟我一起出去最好… |
[2:37:26] | because he’s been threatening me! | 因为他在威胁我! |
[2:37:28] | Take care. Thank you. | 保重 谢谢 |
[2:37:49] | I can’t believe this. | 我真不敢相信 |
[2:38:02] | I just need to pick up a little cash. Could you come with me? | 我只是需要领一些现金 你可以陪我来吗? |
[2:38:12] | – You’ve got to stop her. – I’m sorry, Sam. | -你得阻止她 -抱歉 山姆 |
[2:38:15] | – What can I do? – She’s a junkie. She’s out of her mind! | -我无能为力 -她是个毒虫 根本就疯了! |
[2:38:19] | She has the keys. It’s still in both your names. | 她有钥匙 而且你们两人名字 都在户头上 |
[2:38:21] | There’s nothing I can do. I’d like to help… | 我无能为力 我想要帮忙… |
[2:38:24] | – but I can’t. – Legally, she can’t take it. | -但我不能 -严格说 她不能拿 |
[2:38:26] | – She can’t. – Half of it is mine. Listen to me. | -她不能 一半是我的 -听我说 |
[2:38:29] | – There’s nothing I can do. – I’m coming down. | -我爱莫能助 -我马上到 |
[2:38:45] | Shit! God damn it! | 妈的! 靠! |
[2:38:48] | I’ll need a bag. Could you ask the guy for the big bag? | 我需要个袋子 你可以帮我要个袋子吗? |
[2:38:52] | – Go get a bag, man. – Here. | -拿个袋吧 -拿去 |
[2:38:54] | – Lady, I can’t take it. – You can. You’ve been so nice to me. | -小姐 我不能拿 -你可以 你对我好好 |
[2:38:59] | Yes, just hold the top open. All right? And I can…. | 好 帮我打开 好吗? 这样我就可以… |
[2:39:06] | Oh, God! It’s him. You have to stop him. | 天啊 是他! 你们得阻止他 |
[2:39:09] | ‘Cause he said he was gonna kill me. | 因为他说他会杀了我 |
[2:39:13] | Mr. Rothstein, wait a minute. | 罗斯坦先生 等一下 |
[2:39:16] | Hold on a second. | 请等一下 |
[2:39:18] | – She’s driving away. – There’s nothing we can do. | -她开走了 -我们不能做什么 |
[2:39:21] | – There’s nothing we can do. – Look, look. | -我们不能做什么 -你瞧瞧 |
[2:39:24] | You can’t stop her for speeding? Look what she’s doing. | 你们不能抓她超速吗? 看看她开多快 |
[2:39:27] | – Nothing we can do. She had the key. – She’s on the account. | -我们不能做什么 她有钥匙 -她的名字在户头上 |
[2:39:31] | – Let’s pull her over at that Citgo Station. – Okay. Let’s do it. | -我们在加油站拦她 -好的 就这么办 |
[2:39:46] | – We’re placing you under arrest. – For what? | -我们必须逮捕你 -为了什么? |
[2:39:49] | – For aiding and abetting – For what? | -为了协助犯罪…-为了什么? |
[2:39:52] | – For aiding and abetting – I’m just trying to leave. | -为了协助犯罪…-我只是要离开 |
[2:39:55] | After all the threats and bullshit… | 在这么多威胁之后… |
[2:39:58] | it turned out Ginger didn’t tell them anything. | 金吉儿什么都没告诉他们 |
[2:40:00] | But, by then, the Feds didn’t need her anyway. | 但那时 他们也不需要她了 |
[2:40:03] | – They had all the pieces they needed. – But I didn’t do anything. | -他们已有足够的证据 -但我什么都没做 |
[2:40:06] | – Everyone began to tumble, like dominoes. – FBI! We have a warrant! | -大家就像牌九一样跟着倒 -联邦调查局! 我们有拘捕令! |
[2:40:12] | Between Piscano complaining on the wire… | 不管是窃听器上派斯康的抱怨… |
[2:40:14] | between Nicky, Ginger, me and my license… | 还是尼奇 我与我的执照… |
[2:40:18] | paradise. We managed to really fuck it up. | 天堂就这样被我们搞砸了 |
[2:40:21] | – Mom. – Someone’s at the door now. | -妈 -门口他妈的有人 |
[2:40:25] | FBI. We have a federal search warrant. | 联邦调查局 我们有搜查令 |
[2:40:27] | I got wind of the pinches coming down, so I took off. | 我马上知道苗头不对 所以我跑路了 |
[2:40:30] | Who needs to hang around for that bullshit? | 谁要待在那儿找麻烦啊? |
[2:40:32] | – I’m Mark Casper, FBI. – Yeah? | -我是马克凯斯伯 FBI -是吗? |
[2:40:35] | Can I make a fucking phone call? | 我可以打个电话吗? |
[2:40:36] | Yes, but you don’t have to talk to us like that. | 可以 但你不用这样对我们讲话 |
[2:40:39] | FBI Everybody, out of the room. Over to the alarm. | 大家都出去 往警铃的方向走 |
[2:40:42] | – They got almost everybody else. – FBI This area is seized! | -其他人似乎都被抓了 -这地方被查封了! |
[2:40:46] | – Get the master account list. – I want all those papers seized. | -去拿总户头单 -我要查封所有的文件 |
[2:40:53] | FBI Put every box on the table. | 将每个箱子都放到桌上 |
[2:41:02] | Yes. Here we are. Little craps figures. | 好 在这儿 所有的数字 |
[2:41:06] | Green? Don’t even ask. | 葛林? 别提了 |
[2:41:08] | – …$30,000 of yours. – No. That’s why it wasn’t valid. | -你的三万元 -不 所以不成立 |
[2:41:11] | I was being extorted. I’ll tell you what you want to know. | 我是被敲诈的 你们想知道什么就问我 |
[2:41:14] | – I’ve got nothing to hide. – Now for the best. | -我不需要隐藏 -最经典的是 |
[2:41:16] | I couldn’t believe this shit. Piscano’s expense reports took the cake. | 我不敢相信派斯康的花费记录 竟然成了关键 |
[2:41:21] | – Oh, this is good. – He might as well give them a blueprint. | -这太好了 -他干脆就把蓝图给他们算了 |
[2:41:24] | Everybody’s names, addresses, dates, everything. | 所有人的名字 地址 日期 一切都在上面 |
[2:41:28] | Thank you so much, Mr. Piscano. How considerate of you. | 真是多谢你了 派斯康先生 你真是体帖 |
[2:41:31] | – Those are my mother’s books. – You’re under arrest. | -那是我妈的账目 -你被逮捕了 |
[2:41:34] | – What a fucking balloon head. – What are you doing? | -真是个蠢才 -你在干嘛? |
[2:41:37] | – Take it easy. – Wait! | -冷静点 -等一下! |
[2:41:39] | – Wait! He’s sick! – Move back. | -等一下 他有病! -走开 |
[2:41:41] | – It’s his heart! Is he breathing? – CPR now! | -是心脏 还呼吸吗? -快人工呼吸! |
[2:41:44] | Artie got so upset he had a heart attack… | 艾提被搞到心脏病发… |
[2:41:46] | and dropped dead right in front of his wife. | 当他老婆的面就挂了 |
[2:41:48] | – Calm down! – No, I won’t calm down! | -冷静点! -我无法冷静! |
[2:41:50] | – He’s my husband! Artie! – We can’t help him if | -他是我丈夫 艾提! -我们也不能… |
[2:41:56] | At the end of the day… | 最后… |
[2:41:58] | they finally came to see me with the pictures. | 他们终于拿照片来给我看 |
[2:42:00] | FBI Why protect a friend who betrayed you? | 为什么要保护一个背叛你的朋友? |
[2:42:03] | But I didn’t want to look at them… | 但我并不想看它们… |
[2:42:05] | or the guys who brought them. | 或是拿照片来的人 |
[2:42:10] | Your Honor, as you can see, my clients are elderly and infirm. | 大人 你可看见 我的客户们 都年事已大并生病 |
[2:42:14] | Any incarceration could pose a serious health risk. | 任何的刑责都将会严重威胁到他们的健康 |
[2:42:17] | When they were arrested, some were so old… | 当老大们被逮时 有些简直老到… |
[2:42:19] | they needed doctors at their arraignment. | 罪状认否程序时都需要医师 |
[2:42:21] | Pre- trial services recommends that bail remain as set. | 预审时建议将保释金额 维持现额 |
[2:42:24] | – Take recess. – When it looked like they’d get… | -现在休庭 -当情况看来他们似乎… |
[2:42:27] | 25 years to life in prison just for skimming a casino… | 得为了抽头而关上25年时… |
[2:42:30] | sick or no fucking sick, you knew people were going to get clipped. | 不管有病没病 总有人要倒霉 |
[2:42:35] | So the day of the arraignment, they had this meeting in the back of the courthouse. | 所以在罪状认否程序那天 他们在法庭后头开会 |
[2:42:39] | When something like this happens, you know how things are gonna work out. | 当类似的事发生时 你已知道事情会怎样 |
[2:42:43] | It’s always better with no witnesses. So what about Andy? | 最好是不要有目击者 那安迪呢? |
[2:42:48] | He won’t talk. Stone is a good kid. | 他不会说的 史东是好家伙 |
[2:42:51] | Stand- up guy just like his old man. | 跟他老爸一样带种 |
[2:42:53] | That’s the way I see it. | 我是这么想的 |
[2:42:55] | I agree. He’s solid. He’s a fucking Marine. | 我同意 他很强悍 |
[2:42:59] | He’s okay. He always was. What do you think? | 他没问题 一直都是 你说呢? |
[2:43:05] | Look, why take a chance? | 为什么要冒险呢? |
[2:43:11] | At least that’s the way I feel about it. | 我是这么想的啦 |
[2:43:14] | Call Artie. Tell him I don’t care what… | 打给艾提 告诉他不管怎样… |
[2:43:17] | he’s gotta be in my office Thursday morning. | 他星期四都得来我办公室 |
[2:43:20] | It’s done. | 决定了 |
[2:43:21] | It’s terribly important. I gotta have a conversation with him. | 非常重要 我一定得跟他谈谈 |
[2:43:32] | As much as they liked him, he wasn’t one of us. | 不管他们多喜欢他 他还不是家族一员 |
[2:43:35] | He wasn’t Italian. As far as they knew, he could have talked. | 他不是意大利人 对他们来说 他随时可能供出来 |
[2:43:38] | Otherwise, he’d still be alive. | 要不然他可能还活着 |
[2:43:45] | The first one to skip was John Nance. | 第一个翘头的就是约翰·南斯 |
[2:43:47] | He found a nice, warm, secluded place in Costa Rica. | 他在哥斯达黎加 找了个又好又隐密的地方 |
[2:43:51] | He thought nobody would find him there. | 他以为没人找得到他 |
[2:44:14] | But then his kid got nabbed by the Feds for drugs. | 但他孩子随后因犯毒 被联邦调查局逮了 |
[2:44:17] | So naturally, the bosses were afraid he’d come out of hiding… | 老大们当然怕他会出现… |
[2:44:20] | just to save his kid and give them all up. | 为了救孩子而把大家供出来 |
[2:44:23] | So…. | 所以… |
[2:44:27] | Where you going, jag- off? | 你想去哪里? |
[2:44:31] | But, anyway, they all had to follow. | 但大家都得跟着 |
[2:44:33] | Everybody went down. | 大家都完了 |
[2:44:35] | Fuck you. | 去你的 |
[2:44:42] | Before you knew it… | 不知不觉… |
[2:44:43] | anybody who knew anything wound up getting whacked. | 任何知道一点小事的人 都被干掉了 |
[2:44:55] | Oh, no! No! | 不! 不! |
[2:45:02] | After Ginger took off, she wasn’t much help to anybody. | 金吉儿走后 她对任何人都没什么用 |
[2:45:05] | She found some pimps, lowlifes, druggies, and bikers in L.A. | 她在洛杉矶结识了一些皮条客 败类 毒虫与飞车党 |
[2:45:09] | In a few months, they went through all the money and jewels. | 几个月内 他们就把所有的钱跟珠宝花光了 |
[2:45:38] | After they found her body… | 当他们找到遗体时… |
[2:45:40] | I had a private doctor do another autopsy. | 我私下请了个医生验尸 |
[2:45:46] | He said they gave her a hot dose. | 他说他们给她打了过量的毒品 |
[2:45:49] | In the end, all she had left was $3, 600 in mint condition coins. | 最终 她身上只剩下价值三千六百元的全新硬币 |
[2:46:16] | No matter what the Feds or the papers said about my car bombing… | 不管条子与文件 对我的汽车炸弹有什么评论… |
[2:46:22] | it was amateur night, you could tell. | 一看就知道是新手干的 |
[2:46:24] | Whoever it was, they put the dynamite under the passenger side. | 不管是谁 他们将炸弹装在副驾驶座下面 |
[2:46:28] | But what they didn’t know, what nobody outside the factory knew… | 他们不知道的是 除了车厂外没人知道的是… |
[2:46:32] | was that, that model car was made with a metal plate under the driver’s seat. | 那台车的驾驶座下 多加了一块铁板 |
[2:46:37] | It’s the only thing that saved my life. | 全靠了它救我一命 |
[2:46:52] | The bombing was never authorized, but I suspect I know who lit the fuse. | 那炸弹从没被批准 但我想我知道是谁干的 |
[2:46:57] | So did the powers that be. | 老大们也知道吧 |
[2:46:59] | – How are you? – How you doing? | -你好吗? -你好吗? |
[2:47:01] | It took months for everything to calm down. | 好几个月后一切才平息 |
[2:47:03] | But finally, my guys got out on bail. | 但我的人终于保释出来了 |
[2:47:06] | The bosses wanted me to send my brother Dominick out to Vegas. | 老大们要我将我小弟 多明尼送回赌城 |
[2:47:10] | Always the fucking dollars. | 永远都是为了钱 |
[2:47:13] | I mean, it was still too hot for me to even go near Vegas. | 我是说 我连赌城都不能踏入 |
[2:47:17] | So I set up a meeting with the guys way out in the sticks. | 所以我在个鸟不生蛋的地方 安排大家碰面 |
[2:47:19] | I didn’t want my brother to get fucked around. What’s right is right. | 我不想害我小弟 对的就是对的 |
[2:47:23] | They don’t give a fuck about | 他们才不在乎… |
[2:47:26] | Holy fucking…. | 去你妈的… |
[2:47:28] | What the fuck…. | 搞什么… |
[2:47:30] | Come on, motherfucker! | 来啊 王八蛋! |
[2:47:33] | Tough guys! You and your fucking brother! | 不是很猛吗? 你跟你哥! |
[2:47:36] | You fucking scumbags! No more! | 你们两个浑蛋! 够了! |
[2:47:42] | – Frankie! – No more! You see? Watch! | -法兰克! -够了! 你看着! |
[2:47:49] | – Frankie! You piece of shit! – Fuck you! | -法兰克! 你这王八蛋! -去你的! |
[2:47:53] | Fucking punk! Piece of shit! | 王八羔子! 狗杂种! |
[2:48:00] | No! | 不! |
[2:48:02] | Take this motherfucker out! | 把这浑蛋拖走! |
[2:48:14] | He’s still breathing. Leave him alone. Frankie. | 他还在呼吸 别搞他了 法兰克 |
[2:48:22] | All right. Strip him. | 好了 脱他衣服 |
[2:48:26] | No balls. You got no fucking balls. | 没种 你真他妈的没种 |
[2:48:29] | Oh, Dominick! | 多明尼! |
[2:48:38] | Dominick. | 多明尼 |
[2:49:03] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[2:49:08] | – Bury them? – Bury them. | -埋了他们? -埋 |
[2:49:13] | The word was out. | 话放出去了 |
[2:49:14] | The bosses had enough of Nicky. They had enough. | 老大们受够了尼奇 受够了 |
[2:49:17] | How much were they gonna take? So they made an example of him and his brother. | 他们还能忍受多久呢? 所以拿他们兄弟俩杀鸡儆猴 |
[2:49:23] | They buried them while they were still breathing. | 他们俩被活埋 |
[2:49:43] | You all right? Watch out! | 你还好吗? 小心! |
[2:49:51] | – Mister, you all right? – Yeah. | -先生 你没事吧? -没事 |
[2:49:55] | They had other ideas for me. | 他们有别的事给我做 |
[2:50:06] | We need some help over here! | 我们这儿需要帮忙! |
[2:50:10] | You sure are lucky, mister. | 你真是幸运 |
[2:50:30] | The town will never be the same. | 这城市再也不一样了 |
[2:50:33] | After the Tangiers, the big corporations took it all over. | 在坦吉乐之后 大集团全权掌管 |
[2:50:38] | Today it looks like Disneyland. | 今日的赌城像是迪斯奈乐园 |
[2:50:48] | While the kids play cardboard pirates… | 孩子们玩着海盗游戏时… |
[2:50:50] | Mommy and Daddy drop the house payments and junior’s college money… | 爸爸与妈妈将房贷与大学学费… |
[2:50:53] | on the poker slots. | 浪费在吃角子老虎机 |
[2:50:59] | In the old days, dealers knew your name, what you drank, what you played. | 想当年 庄家知道你的名字 喝什么酒 玩什么牌 |
[2:51:03] | Today, it’s like checking into an airport. | 今天就像是在机场登记一般 |
[2:51:05] | If you order room service, you’re lucky if you get it by Thursday. | 你要是叫客房送餐 星期四给你送到就了不起了 |
[2:51:10] | Today it’s all gone. A whale shows up with $4 million in a suitcase… | 都没了 一个人拎着 装着四百万的皮箱… |
[2:51:13] | and some 25- year- old hotel school kid will want his Social Security number. | 就有个25岁的旅游系大学毕业生 想要他的身份字号 |
[2:51:20] | After the Teamsters got knocked out of the box… | 全美卡车司机工会离开后… |
[2:51:22] | the corporations tore down practically every one of the old casinos. | 大集团几乎将所有的旧赌场都拆了 |
[2:51:26] | And where did the money come from to rebuild the pyramids? | 而盖新金字塔的钱是从哪来的呢? |
[2:51:30] | Junk bonds. | 垃圾债券 |
[2:51:37] | Still not sure? | 还不确定? |
[2:51:39] | Probable. Maybe questionable. | 有可能 有些质疑 |
[2:51:41] | All right, let me know as soon as you can find out. | 好吧 知道后立即通知我 |
[2:51:45] | In the end, I wound up right back where I started. | 最后 我又回到了起点 |
[2:51:48] | I could still pick winners… | 我还是会选赢家… |
[2:51:50] | and I could still make money for all kinds of people back home. | 也还是可以为老家 各式各样的人赚钱 |
[2:51:54] | And why mess up a good thing? | 何必搞砸好事呢? |
[2:51:57] | And that’s that! | 就是这样! |