英文名称:responsible child
年代:2019
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:39] | 根据1963年《英国青少年法》 英格兰和威尔士年满10岁的儿童如涉嫌谋杀必须上成人法庭受审 | |
[01:04] | How old are you, Rafael? | 你几岁 拉斐尔 |
[01:08] | I’m 12. | 我12岁 |
[01:10] | Do you understand WHY you’ve been arrested? | 你明白你为何被捕吗 |
[01:12] | – Yeah. I do. – Right. | -我明白 -好 |
[01:12] | Eunice | 翻译 |
[01:14] | An incident occurred on early Wednesday morning | 周三清晨发生一起谋杀 |
[01:17] | in which one person was murdered. | 一人遇害 |
[01:20] | Four persons were known to be at the scene at the time, | 当时有四人在案发现场 |
[01:23] | one of which has been named as the detained person. | 其中一人被称为被羁押人 |
[01:27] | Therefore, the detained person | 因此 被羁押人 |
[01:29] | has arrived at this police station this night | 已于今晚抵达警局 |
[01:31] | and has been arrested on suspicion of murder. | 其因涉嫌谋杀被捕 |
[01:33] | Do you understand that? | 你明白吗 |
[01:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:38] | So, based on that information, | 基于此信息 |
[01:40] | I’m going to authorise your detention here | 我会批准你被羁留在这里 |
[01:43] | to secure and preserve evidence by means of questioning. | 以通过询问来获得和保留证据 |
[01:48] | An appropriate adult is en route to custody now to support you. OK? | 一名适当成年人会来给予你支持 好吗 |
[01:48] | 警察讯问未成年人时 必须有适当的成年人到场 保护未成年嫌疑人的权利 | |
[01:53] | Yes. | 好 |
[02:23] | Yeah, but over nine frigging hours in an adult cell? | 我懂 但被关在成人牢房里超过九小时 |
[02:26] | – It’s unlawful. – Where else would we put him? | -这不合法 -不然还能把他关在哪里 |
[02:28] | Did anyone try and liaise with the local authority at all? | 有人联系过地方当局吗 |
[02:31] | They came in at night-time. | 他们昨晚来过 |
[02:32] | How inconvenient for the nine-to-fives. | 对朝九晚五工作的人真不便啊 |
[02:33] | The law then stipulates each station have a child-friendly cell. | 法律规定每间警局都必须有给儿童使用的牢房 |
[02:36] | Eunice | 总监 |
[02:37] | He’s been detained for murder, not truancy. | 他因谋杀被拘留 不是逃课这种小事 |
[02:40] | He’s still a child, but! | 可他依然是个孩子啊 |
[02:41] | It’s a Victorian building, Pete. | 这栋楼是维多利亚式的老建筑 皮特 |
[02:43] | Yeah, Victorian’s fucking right. | 维多利亚式就他妈对了 |
[02:50] | What kept you so long, anyway? | 话说 你怎么这么久才来 |
[02:52] | Some brainiac upstairs put both brothers in with the same firm. | 楼上某个天才给两兄弟登记成同一家律所 |
[03:08] | Well, now. | 好了 |
[03:11] | I’m Pete. | 我是皮特 |
[03:13] | Your solicitor. | 你的律师 |
[03:15] | Which means I’m going to guide you through this. | 这代表我会引导你走完这流程 |
[03:19] | Now, I know I’m a bit dodgy-looking, like, but, erm, may I? | 我知道我看起来不太可靠 但我能坐下吗 |
[03:38] | I bet you prefer being called Ray. | 你一定更喜欢别人叫你雷吧 |
[03:44] | I’ll let you in on a little something. | 我要对你透露一件事 |
[03:47] | My full name? | 我的全名… |
[03:50] | Petrotheus. | 叫皮特罗修斯 |
[03:54] | On my life. | 我发誓 |
[03:56] | Literally. | 是真的 |
[04:00] | You eaten? | 你吃过了吗 |
[04:04] | Well, let’s see what we can… | 看看我能找到什么 |
[04:13] | It’s not quite a rabbit, I know. | 我知道不如变兔子那么精彩 |
[04:15] | But, erm… | 不过… |
[04:19] | Go on. There’s one for you, too. | 快吃吧 这个是给你的 |
[04:36] | I’m in private consultation with my client. | 我正跟我的委托人进行私人咨询 |
[04:38] | Yeah, OK. | 好吧 |
[04:40] | I’ll, er… I’ll see you shortly, Rafael. | 我等下再和你见面 拉斐尔 |
[04:42] | Yep. | 嗯 |
[04:48] | Appropriate adult. | 适当成年人 |
[04:50] | Can’t trust him. Bound by law. | 你不能信任他 他受法律约束 |
[04:53] | So, like, something you said, that he heard, | 所以你说的话如果被他听见 |
[04:57] | could be used against you in court. | 能在法庭上用作对你不利的供词 |
[05:00] | Say nothing. | 什么都别说 |
[05:02] | Except to me. | 只能对我说 |
[05:03] | OK? | 知道吗 |
[05:07] | Now… | 现在 |
[05:11] | we’re going to need to prepare a statement. | 我们需要准备一份口供 |
[05:14] | So that, in an interview, all you need to say to their questions | 所以警察询问你时 无论问什么问题 |
[05:18] | is, “No comment.” | 你都说”无可奉告” |
[05:20] | OK? | 知道吗 |
[05:24] | Grand. | 很好 |
[05:38] | I’m not interested. | 我没兴趣 |
[05:39] | Good afternoon yourself. | 你也下午好啊 |
[05:41] | Now, Kerry, I have something that I think you’ll… | 凯瑞 我手头有件案子 你应该… |
[05:43] | Look, I still haven’t been paid | 听着 上次法律援助那次惨败 |
[05:45] | for that last fucking legal aid fiasco. | 我还没收到酬劳 |
[05:48] | Murder. | 是谋杀案 |
[05:49] | Yeah, it might well come to it, Pete. | 我的确气得快杀人了 皮特 |
[05:53] | A child. | 是一个孩子 |
[05:54] | Murdered? | 被杀害了吗 |
[05:55] | No. | 不 |
[05:57] | Murderer. | 孩子是凶手 |
[05:59] | Needs a barrister. | 需要出庭律师 |
[06:03] | I’ve got you, haven’t I? | 我勾起你兴趣了 对吧 |
[06:04] | Go on. | 继续说 |
[06:06] | Well, you’d think the boy had fallen off a cloud, | 凯瑞 你会认为这男孩是失手误杀 |
[06:09] | while the murder itself is as brutal, Kerry, | 虽然谋杀现场是我见过 |
[06:12] | seriously, as I’ve ever seen. | 最残忍的 真的 |
[06:15] | Look, I have to go back in now, but I’ll call you later, OK? | 我得回去了 我晚点再打给你 好吗 |
[06:19] | OK. | 好的 |
[06:21] | All right. | 好 |
[06:31] | Your statement says you found your dad’s drinking | 你的供词说你无法再忍受 |
[06:33] | and temper impossible to live with any more, | 你爸爸的酗酒问题和坏脾气 |
[06:36] | so on 15th June last year, | 于是去年6月15日 |
[06:39] | you packed some bags after school and left | 你放学后收拾了几袋行李 离开家 |
[06:42] | to go and stay with your mum and older brother, is that right? | 去你妈妈和哥哥家住了 对吗 |
[07:54] | What’s…? | 怎么了 |
[07:57] | I can’t stay with Dad any more. | 我不能再跟爸爸住一起了 |
[08:01] | Who’s that at this time? | 这么晚了 谁啊 |
[08:05] | Don’t worry about him. | 别理他 |
[08:06] | OK? | 好吗 |
[08:19] | Hello, Ray. | 你好 雷 |
[08:21] | Hey, Mum. | 你好 妈妈 |
[08:25] | Bit late for a visit, Ray. | 这个点来是不是有点晚啊 雷 |
[08:27] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[08:28] | Yeah, he was, erm, going to stay. | 他要在这儿住 |
[08:32] | If that’s OK, Scott? | 可以吗 斯科特 |
[08:34] | Well, for tonight? Yeah. The sofa OK? | 就今晚吗 可以 睡沙发行吗 |
[08:37] | No, for, erm… | 不 |
[08:40] | for a bit longer, maybe. | 可能要多住几天 |
[08:46] | We ain’t got the room, Ray. Sorry, mate. | 我们这儿没地方 雷 抱歉了 |
[08:51] | Look, stay tonight. | 你今晚先住下吧 |
[08:52] | But then back to your dad’s tomorrow, yeah? | 但明天就回你爸爸那里 好吗 |
[08:57] | He can’t go back there. | 他不能回那里 |
[09:00] | Mum? | 妈妈 |
[09:04] | What are you calling her for? | 你问她干嘛 |
[09:05] | It’s her… | 这是她的… |
[09:07] | It’s her house. | 这是她的房子 |
[09:15] | “It’s her house”. | “这是她的房子” |
[09:18] | It’s the freaking council’s. | 这是市政服务机构的房子 |
[09:20] | In my name. | 在我名下 |
[09:23] | Yeah. | 对 |
[09:24] | Mine on all the bills. | 但账单全是我付的 |
[09:28] | Can barely afford to feed our own already, | 我们自己都快揭不开锅了 |
[09:30] | let alone that waste of fucking space. | 还要养那个拖油瓶 |
[09:32] | Don’t call my brother that. | 别那样说我哥哥 |
[09:33] | Look, it’s our mum’s house, yeah? | 这是我们妈妈的房子 |
[09:34] | And Ray’s got nowhere else. So… | 雷没地方可去了 所以… |
[09:36] | Piss off back to your dad’s with him! | 带他滚回你爸家去 |
[09:39] | I’m not leaving you here alone with Mum. | 我不会让你跟我妈独处的 |
[09:43] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[09:48] | Nathan didn’t say anything. | 内森什么都没说 |
[10:04] | In my own home. | 这是我家 |
[10:06] | After a day’s graft, struggling to keep a roof over my family, | 我辛苦工作 养家糊口 |
[10:09] | and he’s fucking telling me this and that?! | 他却在这儿对我指手画脚 |
[10:11] | It’s ok. Hold on. | 没事的 等我下 |
[10:15] | I’ll sort it. | 我会搞定的 |
[10:16] | Ok? | 好吗 |
[10:22] | Don’t you ever speak to me like that again! | 不许再那样跟我说话 |
[10:24] | Look, I’m just trying to help my brother, | 我只是想帮帮我弟弟 |
[10:26] | cos he’s got nowhere else to live. | 他没地方住了 |
[10:28] | Well, why won’t you leave me alone with your mum? | 那你为什么不让我跟你妈独处 |
[10:30] | – You know why I’m not going to leave you alone with her. – Why? Why? | -你自己清楚 -为什么 |
[10:32] | Cos I’ve seen exactly what you’re like. | 因为我知道你是什么人 |
[10:35] | I’ll fucking… I’m going to fucking kill you! | 我他妈…我他妈杀了你 |
[10:40] | Oh! What you…? | 你干什… |
[11:27] | If you’d just care to sign it for me? | 请签一下字 |
[11:33] | Thank you. We’ll be in touch. | 谢谢 我们再联系 |
[11:34] | Cheers. | 谢谢 |
[11:49] | Please. That’s my family home. | 拜托 那是我自己家 |
[11:50] | That’s my home. | 那是我家 |
[12:15] | I was glad to see your name down. | 真高兴你受理了这个案件 |
[12:17] | Right back at you, darling. | 彼此彼此 亲爱的 |
[12:18] | You been all right? | 你最近怎么样 |
[12:20] | Keeping on, you know? | 就老样子呗 |
[12:32] | Now, I’m going to briefly introduce you to Miss Stephens, | 我带你先认识认识你的辩护律师 |
[12:35] | who’s going to be your defence barrister, | 史蒂芬斯女士 |
[12:37] | along with the rest of your team, all right? | 还有你辩护团队的其他人 好吗 |
[12:39] | Now, today is not really about your case, as such, | 今天不是来讨论你的案子的 |
[12:43] | it’s just about… | 只是来… |
[12:48] | Well, now. | 来了 |
[12:49] | Kerry. How are you? | 凯瑞 你好吗 |
[12:51] | Hello, Pete. | 你好 皮特 |
[12:52] | This is Ray. | 这是雷 |
[12:56] | Hello, Ray. | 你好 雷 |
[12:59] | I’m Kerry. | 我是凯瑞 |
[13:00] | I will be your defence throughout. | 接下来我会做你的辩护律师 |
[13:03] | If you don’t like me, don’t trust me, | 如果你不喜欢我 不信任我 |
[13:05] | Pete will find you someone else. | 皮特就会帮你另找律师 |
[13:09] | Good. | 好 |
[13:10] | Now… | 那么 |
[13:12] | this is Gary from the Youth Offending Team. | 这是青少年犯罪工作小组的加里 |
[13:14] | All right, mate? | 你好 小伙子 |
[13:15] | He is responsible for overseeing your case up until sentence. | 判决前你的案子由他负责监督 |
[13:19] | And this… Grace. | 这是格蕾丝 |
[13:21] | From Children’s Services. | 儿童服务部的 |
[13:27] | Right, guys. Let’s crack on. | 好了 各位 我们继续吧 |
[13:28] | Ray? | 雷 |
[13:34] | She’s a wee bit full-on, | 她有点强势 |
[13:36] | but she’ll fight to her shadow for you. | 不过她会为你全力以赴的 |
[13:39] | Now, we need to prepare for your preliminary hearing. | 现在我们要为你的预审做准备 |
[13:44] | The police are looking to up Scott’s charges, | 警方希望能加重对斯科特的指控 |
[13:46] | so he could be in custody for a while. | 这样就能多拘留他一段时间 |
[13:49] | It’s just you with the kids for the time being. | 目前家里就只有你和孩子们了 |
[13:53] | We know you’ve had some bonding issues there in the past. | 我们知道你们之前不大亲近 |
[13:58] | Please don’t take another baby. | 请别又带走我一个孩子 |
[14:00] | Now, Veronica, that was a long time ago | 维罗妮卡 那已经是很久前的事了 |
[14:02] | and you’ve been doing really well with things since. All right? | 之后你一直表现得很好 好吗 |
[14:06] | We just want to make sure you’re coping | 我们只是想确保 即使没有斯科特 |
[14:08] | now that Scott isn’t here to help with looking after the little ones. | 帮忙照顾年幼的孩子们 你也能应付过来 |
[14:12] | That is all the assessment is about. | 这次评估只有这个目的 |
[14:21] | Thought you were at work? | 你不是去上班了吗 |
[14:22] | Oh, I’m going in later. | 我晚点去 |
[14:27] | He’s not getting bail, you know. | 他不会被保释出来的 |
[14:29] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[14:32] | I know. | 我知道 |
[14:36] | Do you want to play some Days Of Battle? | 要玩《数日鏖战》吗 |
[14:43] | “Be brave as the shadows close upon you | “黑暗袭来当勇敢面对 |
[14:47] | “for we shall endure until light returns once more!” | 历经磨砺方得光明再临” |
[14:51] | In a bit, Ray. | 我一会儿就去 雷 |
[14:53] | OK? | 好吗 |
[14:57] | Affirmative. | 收到 |
[15:35] | What a good boy. | 真是个乖孩子 |
[15:51] | Be brave as the shadows close upon you, | 黑暗袭来当勇敢面对 |
[15:53] | for we shall endure until the light returns once more. | 历经磨砺方得光明再临 |
[16:24] | Stealth, my son. | 潜伏袭击 小子 |
[16:27] | You’re done. | 你完了 |
[16:48] | So you’re saying we’re not going to do anything | 你意思是 如果他被判还押地方当局候审 |
[16:50] | unless he doesn’t remand him to the care of the local authority? | 那我们就按兵不动是吧 |
[17:13] | You ok? | 你没事吧 |
[17:17] | Court rise. | 全体起立 |
[17:28] | Please stand. | 请起立 |
[17:32] | Rafael McCullin. | 拉斐尔·麦库林 |
[17:33] | I can’t tell you how desperately sad | 你不知道我有多痛心 |
[17:36] | I find it to see you stand here today accused of murdering a man. | 看到你今天站在这儿 被控谋杀一人 |
[17:39] | And brutally. | 并且手段残忍 |
[17:40] | Having looked over everything to hand up to this point, | 根据目前所呈交的证据材料 |
[17:43] | I am remanding you into local authority foster care | 我将你遣回当地的寄养系统 |
[17:47] | until this comes to trial. | 直至开庭审理 |
[17:50] | Do you understand me? | 明白了吗 |
[17:54] | ..yeah. | 嗯 |
[17:55] | Yes, your honour. | 说明白 法官大人 |
[17:58] | Yes, Your Honour. | 明白 法官大人 |
[18:02] | Nathaniel McCullin. | 内森尼尔·麦库林 |
[18:05] | You will be held on remand until the trial. | 你将被还押候审 |
[18:08] | But we’ll stay in the same place. | 但我们会待在同一个地方 |
[18:11] | Won’t we, Pete? | 对吧 皮特 |
[18:16] | But we have to. | 可我们必须待在一起 |
[18:17] | Can you ask him, please? | 你能问问他吗 |
[18:19] | Court rise. | 全体起立 |
[19:31] | Come on. Down you get. | 快点 下来吧 |
[19:33] | There you go. | 好了 |
[19:34] | Do you want to…? | 你要不要… |
[19:36] | Right, wait there. | 好 站着别动 |
[19:37] | Yeah, one, two… | 对 一 二… |
[19:43] | See you later, ok, Mum? | 晚点见 好吗 妈妈 |
[20:00] | “The little ‘uns pushed Percival forward, | “小家伙们把珀西瓦尔推上前 |
[20:03] | then left him by himself. | 然后离开 丢下他一人 |
[20:05] | “He stood knee deep in the central grass, | 他站在齐膝深的草丛间 |
[20:07] | “looking at his hidden feet, trying to pretend…” | “看着被草没过的双脚 想装作…” |
[20:29] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉 我迟到了 |
[20:31] | For, like, the zillionth time. | 这大概是第一亿次了 |
[20:33] | OK, thank you. | 好了 别起哄 |
[20:35] | Ray, can you wait behind after, please? | 雷 你能课后留一会儿吗 |
[20:37] | Dalbinder, can you share with Ray, please? | 戴班德 你能和雷一起看吗 |
[20:39] | And, Gemma, pick up. | 杰玛 接着念 |
[20:42] | Does something smell like shit round here? | 这儿是不是有东西闻起来像屎 |
[20:45] | OK, that’s enough! | 够了 |
[20:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:48] | Gemma. | 杰玛 |
[20:50] | “Ralph remembered another small boy who had stood like this | “拉尔夫记得还有一个小男孩这样站立着 |
[20:54] | “and he flinched away from the memory. | 而他不愿想起那段回忆 |
[20:57] | “He had pushed through, erm… | 他已推开了… |
[20:58] | “He had pushed the thought down and out of sight.” | 他已将这份记忆深深地掩埋了起来” |
[21:00] | So, er, services have updated us on the Crown | 服务机构通知我们 皇家检察署 |
[21:05] | upping your step-dad’s charge to attempted murder. | 把你继父的指控加重为谋杀未遂 |
[21:10] | How are you feeling about it all? | 你对此有何感受 |
[21:15] | Is your mum coping all right? | 你妈妈还好吗 |
[21:19] | Yeah? | 怎么样了 |
[21:22] | What about your older brother? Is he OK? | 那你哥哥呢 他还好吗 |
[21:28] | Ray? | 雷 |
[21:30] | Well, I’m going to have to put you on attendance report, Ray. | 我得上报你的出勤记录 雷 |
[21:33] | Nathan’s fine. | 内森很好 |
[21:36] | We’re all fine. | 我们都很好 |
[21:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢关心 |
[21:44] | OK. | 好吧 |
[21:46] | Well… | 那么 |
[21:48] | A special school grant might help a little bit? | 学校特殊补助金是不是能帮点忙 |
[21:55] | Please? | 听我说 |
[21:57] | Just get yourself some clothes for mufti day, or something. | 给自己买点喜欢的衣服 或其他什么 |
[22:03] | Yeah? | 好吗 |
[23:01] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[23:08] | You all right in there, Mum? | 没事吧 妈妈 |
[23:10] | I left them to re-heat too long. | 加热的时间有点长了 |
[23:13] | They’re all right. | 挺好的 |
[23:20] | Bon appetito! | 用餐愉快 |
[23:21] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[23:28] | That kid’s got to be CGI. | 那家伙肯定是电脑合成的 |
[23:30] | I mean, pulling moves like that? | 居然能做出这种动作 |
[23:32] | – Or a robot. – Yeah, yeah. | -或是个机器人 -对 对 |
[23:34] | Like some sick psycho robot kid | 类似超酷的疯子机器人小孩 |
[23:37] | that breakdances the judges to bits. | 跳霹雳舞跳到评委跪下 |
[23:47] | I don’t want this psych test messing with the boy’s head. | 我不希望这个心理测试扰乱孩子的思绪 |
[23:50] | He’s in a vulnerable enough state already. | 他现在已经够脆弱了 |
[23:52] | I know. | 我知道 |
[23:55] | I’d like us to have a chat alone first. | 我想先单独和他谈谈 |
[23:57] | If that’s OK with you, Rafael? | 如果你同意的话 拉斐尔 |
[24:30] | Do you know why you’re here, Rafael? | 你知道自己为什么来这里吗 拉斐尔 |
[24:35] | to see if I’m OK for the trial. | 检查我是否能出庭 |
[24:37] | Yeah. Good. Fit to plead. | 没错 很好 看来你有抗辩能力 |
[24:44] | I get lost in that. | 那个让我迷醉 |
[24:46] | The universe. It’s like the mind. | 宇宙 就像头脑一样 |
[24:49] | Our own unknowable. | 我们自身的未知之谜 |
[24:53] | It’s called the Pillars of Creation. | 那个叫创生之柱 |
[24:53] | 哈勃太空望远镜于1995年4月1日拍摄 在鹰星云内圆柱形的星际气体和尘埃的一张影像 | |
[24:57] | Well, that’s wonderful. | 真不错 |
[25:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[25:03] | Are you keen on space, then? | 所以你喜欢太空 对吗 |
[25:08] | I like, astronomy. | 我喜欢…天文学 |
[25:10] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[25:12] | Of course. | 很明显 |
[25:13] | So, do you miss school? | 你想念上学吗 |
[25:17] | A bit. | 有一点 |
[25:20] | Did you ever get in any fights? | 你以前打过架吗 |
[25:22] | Not really. | 基本没有 |
[25:26] | One. | 就一次 |
[25:28] | And what happened? | 发生了什么 |
[25:33] | Did you win? | 你赢了吗 |
[25:36] | Got broken up. | 被打惨了 |
[25:39] | Got suspended. | 被停学了 |
[25:42] | Would you like to talk about it? | 你想谈谈吗 |
[25:47] | I crushed a ladybird. | 我碾死了一只瓢虫 |
[25:50] | I killed it. | 我杀了它 |
[25:53] | Because you got suspended? | 因为你被停学了吗 |
[25:55] | No. | 不是 |
[25:58] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[26:00] | OK. | 好吧 |
[26:02] | So, how does that make you feel? | 那件事让你有什么感受 |
[26:03] | On a scale of one to ten, | 从一到十 |
[26:05] | one being great, ten being terrible. | 一是感觉很好 十是感觉很糟 |
[26:14] | Like, nine? | 大概是九 |
[26:16] | Right. | 好 |
[26:18] | So, why does that make you feel so terrible, do you think? | 你觉得那为什么让你感到糟糕呢 |
[26:24] | Cos it didn’t deserve it. | 因为它不该死 |
[26:28] | It didn’t do anything wrong. | 它什么也没做错 |
[26:32] | I killed it. | 我却杀了它 |
[26:36] | Does anything make you feel ten? | 有什么让你感到十的事情吗 |
[26:39] | My brother… | 我哥哥 |
[26:41] | Nathan. | 内森 |
[26:44] | And Christie. | 还有克莉丝蒂 |
[26:47] | And Serena. | 瑟琳娜 |
[26:50] | And Mum. | 和妈妈 |
[26:53] | And Scott? | 那斯科特呢 |
[26:59] | What happened? | 那件事 |
[27:03] | Does that make you feel ten, too? | 那也让你感到十吗 |
[27:08] | Nine, then? | 九呢 |
[27:11] | Eight? | 八 |
[27:12] | OK. All right. | 好吧 |
[27:14] | I can give you some strategies for now for when you feel like that. | 我可以教你一些方法 应对你有这种感觉的时候 |
[27:19] | Breathing exercises. | 呼吸练习 |
[27:23] | OK? | 好吗 |
[27:30] | Rafael has expressed symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder. | 拉斐尔表现出创伤后应激综合征的症状 |
[27:35] | He is only just beginning to remember the murder. | 他才刚刚开始记起凶案 |
[27:39] | Fragments. | 只有片段 |
[27:40] | But he isn’t ready to address it. | 但他没准备好谈论它 |
[27:42] | Address? In what way? | 谈论 怎么说 |
[27:44] | Rafael refuses to accept any liability for the murder. | 拉斐尔拒绝承担杀人的责任 |
[27:49] | Rather, that it was the deceased’s fault. | 他更认为这是死者咎由自取 |
[27:51] | And what do you make of him? | 那你怎么看 |
[27:54] | Well, I’ll need to make my report. Informally? | 我得先写完报告才能定夺 但私下说 |
[27:57] | He has no obvious psychopathic traits. | 他没有显著的精神病态特征 |
[28:00] | He displays clear empathy and sensitivity. | 他表现出明显的同情和敏感 |
[28:03] | – And how might he come across? – The child in court? | -那他会给人什么感觉 -在法庭上吗 |
[28:06] | Well… He’s intelligent, articulate… | 他很聪明 思维清晰 |
[28:08] | but reserved. Self-contained. | 但内向 寡言 |
[28:12] | Add the pressure of the setting… | 再加上法庭上的压力 |
[28:14] | So callous. | 所以他会让人觉得冷酷无情 |
[28:15] | Devious. | 阴险 |
[28:17] | Not damaged enough, outwardly. | 受到的伤害还不够 从外表上说如此 |
[28:19] | You know, if Rafael was tried through the Youth Courts, | 如果拉斐尔是在未成年法庭上受审 |
[28:23] | the decision would lie solely with the judge, | 那将由法官单独做出裁决 |
[28:27] | who would make a decision based on all aspects of this child’s life. | 法官会根据这孩子生活的各方面做决定 |
[28:33] | But this is murder. | 但这是谋杀案 |
[28:36] | And he has to face a jury. | 他必须面对陪审团 |
[28:38] | So, we try a child as young as ten… | 我们要审判的是一个10岁的孩子 |
[28:43] | who isn’t, by law, allowed to buy a pet bloody hamster | 根据法律 他现在都不被允许购买宠物仓鼠 |
[28:46] | until he’s 16, as an adult? | 要满16岁成年后才行 |
[28:47] | Well, we have no in between here, so… | 这里没有一个中间地带 所以… |
[28:50] | Look, he’s just lucky to have you both fighting his corner. | 听着 他很幸运 有你们两个替他辩护 |
[28:56] | Not all the kids I see here are, I tell you. | 老实说 不是这里的每个孩子都这么幸运 |
[29:01] | Is there else anything we can use? | 还有别的可利用的点吗 |
[29:03] | PTSD? You mentioned Ray had… | 创伤后遗症 你提过那次行为… |
[29:06] | Repercussions of the act. | 对雷有重大的影响 |
[29:09] | Also possibly from other accumulated experiences of violence. | 也可能有其他暴力行为累积造成的心理创伤 |
[29:14] | Any other mitigating factors? | 还有其他能帮助减刑的因素吗 |
[30:12] | You look surprised to see me. | 看到我你似乎有点惊讶 |
[30:15] | The court didn’t believe your brother. | 法庭不相信你哥哥的话 |
[30:16] | Been acquitted. | 我被无罪释放了 |
[30:25] | Ray, this is my home. | 雷 这里是我家 |
[30:31] | And there is no way you and your brother are getting rid of me again. | 你和你哥哥休想再摆脱我 |
[30:45] | Those for the little ‘uns? | 这是给小家伙们准备的吗 |
[30:51] | Oh, look at you two! | 瞧瞧你们两个 |
[30:52] | I have missed you two little munchkins so much! Come here! | 我好想你们两个小宝贝啊 快过来 |
[30:57] | Fuck off. | 滚蛋 |
[31:01] | What you got there? | 你们拿的是什么 |
[31:03] | Go away. | 滚开 |
[31:05] | Go away! | 滚开 |
[31:07] | I ain’t going nowhere, mate. | 我不会走的 小子 |
[31:08] | – Go away! Go away! Go away! – You go. | -滚开 滚开 滚开 -你走才对 |
[31:09] | – Nathan. – Go away! | -内森 -滚开 |
[31:11] | – Going nowhere, mate. Going nowhere. – Go away! | -我不会走的 不可能 -滚开 |
[31:13] | I just can’t. | 我受不了了 |
[31:14] | This can’t be real… | 这不可能是真的 |
[31:25] | The man was asleep on the sofa. | 那个男人当时睡在沙发上 |
[31:27] | They went down those stairs to kill him. | 他们是专门下楼去杀他的 |
[31:29] | It’s pre-meditation. End of. | 这是有预谋的 无可辩驳 |
[31:31] | Because of what their mother had told Nathan, | 那是因为他们的母亲先前对内森说的话 |
[31:33] | that Scott was going to… | 她说斯科特要… |
[31:34] | Finish the job. Right. | 彻底做个了结 没错 |
[31:37] | For which we only have Nathan and Veronica’s words. | 但这仅是内森和维罗妮卡的一面之词 |
[31:42] | And I am not putting his mother in the witness box, | 我不会让他妈妈站在证人席上的 |
[31:45] | and as for him… | 至于他… |
[31:47] | Christ. | 天呐 |
[31:48] | Poor fella was in a heck of a state, all right. | 这可怜的家伙当时的确精神恍惚 |
[31:52] | His crowd will surely show that. It’s their ace. | 他的律师肯定会当庭展示这点的 这是他们的王牌 |
[31:57] | And ours, too. | 也是我们的王牌 |
[31:59] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[32:05] | Ray sees big, beloved brother in the doorway, | 雷看到他敬爱的大哥站在门口 |
[32:10] | in that state, | 精神恍惚 |
[32:11] | saying he’s in imminent danger for his life, | 说他马上就有生命危险了 |
[32:15] | added to the experience of the earlier trauma, | 再加上此前的创伤 |
[32:20] | building… | 积累在一起… |
[32:31] | Where there is a fear of serious violence, | 担忧遭遇严重暴力 |
[32:33] | it needs to be in respect of violence against the defendant | 必须是被告或另一个明确的人 |
[32:36] | or another identified person. | 面临暴力威胁 |
[32:39] | Aka Nathan. | 也就是内森 |
[32:43] | It’s a shot in the dark that the prosecution will tear right into, | 这希望不大 检方估计会直接还击 |
[32:48] | but the loss of control needn’t be in the moment. | 但”失控”不必只发生在那一刻 |
[32:51] | If we can show it built up over time, | 如果我们能证明反抗情绪是逐渐累积的 |
[32:53] | we’re in with a chance. | 或许还有机会 |
[33:03] | Here comes trouble. | “麻烦”来了 |
[33:08] | Hasn’t a clue what’s about to hit him. | 他还不知道自己将遭受怎样的腥风血雨 |
[33:13] | Ray, because of your age, | 雷 因为你的年纪 |
[33:16] | the Crown has certain concessions it can make. | 皇家检察署可以给你些特权 |
[33:19] | Would you prefer to sit with your legal team, with us, | 你是希望跟你的律师团队 也就是我们 一起坐 |
[33:23] | or on your own? | 还是自己单独坐 |
[33:24] | You, please, but what about Nathan? | 跟你们一起 但内森怎么办 |
[33:27] | His team will look after him. | 他的团队自然会帮他的 |
[33:29] | We need… | 我们需要… |
[33:32] | You need… | 你需要… |
[33:33] | Ray, look at me when I’m talking to you, please. | 雷 我在跟你说话的时候请看着我 |
[33:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:40] | You need to focus on you now. | 你现在需要专注于你自己 |
[33:43] | No-one else. | 而不是别人 |
[33:45] | It’s very important, Ray. | 这点非常重要 雷 |
[33:47] | In a few days, you’re going to be sat in court | 几天后 你将出现在法庭上 |
[33:50] | with everyone looking at you like you’re Dracula’s son. | 大家眼中的你就是吸血鬼德古拉之子 |
[33:55] | You need to be ready. | 你需要做好准备 |
[33:56] | Yeah, OK. | 好的 行 |
[33:58] | The Crown will push hard for murder. | 皇家检察署会力争给你定成谋杀 |
[34:04] | What’s the difference? | 有什么区别 |
[34:06] | Between manslaughter and murder? | 过失杀人和谋杀吗 |
[34:09] | Ten years plus in prison, maybe. | 可能会多坐十年牢 |
[34:12] | If you were a 30-year-old man | 如果你是个30岁的人 |
[34:14] | with the mind of someone your age, | 但心智却只有你现在这个年龄 |
[34:16] | you would be judged not fit for trial. | 你会被判定不适合受审 |
[34:17] | But you’re not, Ray. | 但你不是这种情况 雷 |
[34:21] | I will fight to get you as much of a life as possible. | 我会尽可能地帮你争取最大程度的减刑 |
[34:26] | But I need you to be strong for me. | 但我需要你为我坚强起来 |
[34:30] | OK? | 明白吗 |
[34:33] | So we’re going with loss of control. | 我们打算采用”失控”这个说法 |
[34:36] | And what will really help this defence, we hope, | 对你的庭审有极大帮助的一点 我们希望的 |
[34:38] | is Nathan giving evidence, | 就是内森出庭作证 |
[34:41] | saying he came into your room that night, is that right? | 说他当晚去到你的房间 是这样吗 |
[34:47] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[34:48] | He says he was in immediate fear for his life, | 他说他恐惧自己马上就有生命危险了 |
[34:52] | so you felt you had no other choice | 所以你觉得你别无选择 |
[34:56] | but to go down those stairs with him. | 只能跟他一起下楼梯 |
[34:59] | Is that what happened? | 当晚的情况是这样的吗 |
[35:03] | Yeah, it was. | 是的 就是这样 |
[35:05] | OK, Ray. | 好的 雷 |
[35:07] | Good. | 很好 |
[35:09] | And so then… | 然后… |
[35:14] | you lost control, did you? | 你失控了 对吧 |
[35:21] | Right. | 好的 |
[35:23] | Stealth, my son. | 潜伏袭击 孩子 |
[35:25] | Now stay sharp. They’re coming in from all sides. | 保持警惕 敌人会从各个方向发起攻击 |
[35:35] | They need somewhere to stay, Scott. | 他们需要一个住的地方 斯科特 |
[35:40] | – Those boys tried to get me put away! – They’re my boys! | -他们差点害我坐牢 -他们是我的儿子 |
[35:43] | Now Nathan’s stuck up in that loft, laughing down at me! | 现在内森占着那个阁楼 居高临下地嘲笑我 |
[35:46] | And he’d better stay up there if he knows what’s good for him. | 他要是心里有点数 最好永远待在上面 |
[35:49] | The only place I can get some peace is that bloody shed! | 我唯一能获得安宁的地方就是那个小木棚 |
[35:52] | And that’s my space! | 那是我的空间 |
[37:54] | You’re sat just here, OK? | 你坐在这里 好吗 |
[38:31] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[38:47] | Before this trial can formally begin, | 在庭审正式开始前 我先说一下 |
[38:50] | a request has been made that Section 39 | 有人请求撤销第39条法规中的 |
[38:52] | press reporting restrictions be lifted. | 禁止媒体报道这一点 |
[38:54] | – Your Honour? – And I must agree. | -法官大人 -而我必须同意 |
[38:57] | The sheer ferocity of the attack | 这场谋杀之残暴 |
[38:59] | leaves it in the public’s best interest I do so. | 公之于众是为了大家的权益 |
[39:01] | But naming the boy leaves his whole future marked, | 但是暴露这孩子的身份会让他的未来蒙上阴影 |
[39:04] | let alone his case. | 更不用说这场案子 |
[39:06] | It is final, Miss Stephens. | 我意已决 史蒂芬斯律师 |
[39:08] | Call the jury, please. | 陪审团请进 谢谢 |
[39:29] | Be brave as the shadows close upon you. | 黑暗袭来当勇敢面对 |
[39:33] | For we shall endure until light returns once more. | 历经磨砺方得光明再临 |
[39:38] | Will the accused please stand? | 被告请起立 |
[39:40] | Stand up. | 站起来 |
[39:45] | Rafael Jack McCullin, you stand accused of the murder | 拉斐尔·杰克·麦库林 你被控谋杀 |
[39:48] | of Scott Adam Jameson, and are pleading not guilty. | 斯科特·亚当·詹姆森 你提出无罪抗辩 |
[39:51] | You may now sit down. | 请坐 |
[39:55] | Nathaniel Martin McCullin, | 内森尼尔·马丁·麦库林 |
[39:57] | you also stand accused of the murder of Scott Adam Jameson, | 你也被控谋杀斯科特·亚当·詹姆森 |
[40:00] | and are pleading not guilty. | 你提出无罪抗辩 |
[40:02] | You may now sit down. | 请坐 |
[40:17] | This was a horrific, merciless attack | 本案受害者在毫无防备地睡着时 |
[40:20] | on a defenceless sleeping man, | 被以残忍的手法杀害 |
[40:23] | yet both defendants are putting forward a partial defence. | 然而两名被告都提出减责辩护 |
[40:28] | Loss of control. | 失控 |
[40:30] | Reducing murder to manslaughter, | 将谋杀减轻为过失杀人 |
[40:32] | arguing, on that night, | 他们争辩 那天晚上 |
[40:34] | the brothers acted out of | 这对兄弟是恐惧自己 |
[40:36] | an immediate fear for their lives. | 马上有生命危险才采取了行动 |
[40:39] | The Crown will expose a cold-blooded murder… | 皇家检察署将揭穿这场由愤怒驱使的 |
[40:43] | borne out of anger. | 残忍谋杀 |
[40:45] | Pure premeditated revenge. | 这完全是蓄谋报复 |
[40:51] | And so we must also ask, | 所以我们必须问一问 |
[40:53] | what was discussed in Rafael’s room? | 他们在拉斐尔的房间里到底讨论了什么 |
[40:57] | What went on behind that door, | 他们关起门来说了什么 |
[40:59] | before they then went down those stairs | 然后一起走下楼梯 |
[41:01] | and savagely killed their unwitting step-father? | 残忍地杀害了他们毫不知情的继父 |
[41:06] | Murder or manslaughter? | 谋杀 还是过失杀人 |
[41:08] | Revenge? | 报复 |
[41:10] | Or loss of control? | 还是失控 |
[41:20] | – Oh, look at his outfit! – Oh, my days. | -看他的衣服 -我的天呐 |
[41:23] | – Check out his grandad’s cardigan. – Dickhead! | -看他穿的老头开襟毛衣 -蠢货 |
[41:27] | Absolute wrong ‘un, he is. | 他绝对有问题 |
[41:33] | Why are you still wearing uniform? | 你为什么还穿着校服 |
[41:36] | All right, smell? | 怎么样啊 臭屎弟 |
[41:39] | What did you say to me? | 你说什么 |
[41:46] | Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! | 打架 打架 打架 |
[42:05] | I’ve got two home visits to get in still. Sorry, Amber. Ali. | 我还有两家要去探访 抱歉 安珀 爱丽 |
[42:12] | Come on in. Grab a seat. | 进来吧 请坐 |
[42:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:18] | Sorry, sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[42:19] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[42:22] | Harder to get out the house than woodworm, this one. | 这人比木蛀虫还难赶出家门 |
[42:25] | What you fighting for, eh? | 你打架是为什么呢 |
[42:28] | So, the school have called the multi-agency meeting because | 这次学校安排了多方见面会是因为 |
[42:32] | we’re concerned about the effects on Ray and his siblings | 我们担心你这次回家对雷和其他孩子 |
[42:36] | of your return to the home, Mr Jameson. | 产生了影响 詹姆森先生 |
[42:40] | Children’s Services, as you know, no longer believe | 如你们所知 儿童服务部认为 |
[42:42] | the children are children in need. | 这些孩子不再需要援助 |
[42:44] | Well, we feel that things have improved significantly | 我们认为自从詹姆森先生回来之后 |
[42:46] | in the home since Mr Jameson’s return, | 家庭状况已经明显改善 |
[42:49] | particularly for the younger children, | 尤其是对于较年幼的孩子来说 |
[42:50] | who seem much more settled, again as a consequence. | 他们似乎更舒适自在了 这也是结果 |
[42:53] | Well, Ray isn’t more settled, | 但雷的情况并没改善 |
[42:56] | as the incident at lunchtime clearly attests. | 他在午餐时的表现就可以证明 |
[42:58] | The altercation in the home was with the older brother? | 之前在家里和你发生争执的是他哥吧 |
[43:00] | Yeah, but the trauma of the incident for Ray alone… | 对 但是这次事件对雷造成的创伤… |
[43:03] | Trauma? | 创伤 |
[43:05] | Ray? | 雷 |
[43:07] | What trauma? | 什么创伤 |
[43:13] | Don’t know. | 不知道 |
[43:17] | He had a scrap, is all. Just a scrap. | 就是一次争吵 仅此而已 |
[43:20] | Nathaniel’s still living in the home. | 内森尼尔还住在家里 |
[43:22] | Is that right, Veronica? | 对吗 维罗妮卡 |
[43:26] | Everything’s all right now. | 现在都没事了 |
[43:27] | The Queen herself said so, or else I would not be sitting here. | 女王陛下亲自说的 否则我也不会坐在这里 |
[43:33] | Everything’s OK now. | 现在没事了 |
[43:37] | Well, I would like to ask Ray. | 好 我想问问雷 |
[43:41] | Ray? | 雷 |
[43:44] | Is everything all right at home now? | 现在家里一切还好吗 |
[43:54] | A series of 57 stabs wounds to the back, varying depths. | 背部有57处刺伤 深度不同 |
[43:58] | 12 longer, deeper wounds to the upper-right chest. | 右上侧胸口有12处较深较长的伤口 |
[44:02] | A number punctured the right lung. | 一部分刺穿了右肺 |
[44:04] | A prolonged attempt to decapitate the head, all arteries severed, | 多次试图砍下头部 所有动脉断裂 |
[44:08] | only a small section of skin left connecting it to the body. | 只有一小部分皮肤连接着头部和躯体 |
[44:14] | Many slash wounds to palms of hands. | 手掌上有多处砍伤 |
[44:16] | All defensive injuries. | 都是防卫伤 |
[44:20] | Excuse me. Excuse me. Thank you. | 抱歉 借过 谢谢 |
[44:39] | Kerry. | 凯瑞 |
[44:42] | Where’s Ray? | 雷在哪里 |
[44:46] | – Ah, hey… – Is there anything you’d care to say? | -别 -你有什么想说的话吗 |
[44:47] | Come on, Ray, inside. | 雷 进屋去 |
[44:49] | Would you kindly piss off? | 能不能请你们赶紧滚 |
[45:01] | Everyone will know now. | 这下大家都会知道了 |
[45:06] | Eat. | 吃饭吧 |
[45:58] | Where’s my big brother gone? | 我哥哥去哪儿了 |
[46:02] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[46:08] | Well, get him back! | 让他回来啊 |
[46:10] | Get him back! | 让他回来 |
[46:32] | Look at the…look at the state! | 你看看这个家 |
[46:35] | Look at the state of this place! | 都成什么鬼样子了 |
[46:36] | Why am I working so hard for us all, eh?! | 我为什么还要这么辛苦工作 |
[46:40] | – Calm…calm down. – Calm?! | -冷静 先冷静一下 -冷静 |
[46:42] | Don’t tell me to be calm! | 别叫我冷静 |
[46:45] | When this place is a tip, and they’re still living here! | 这里像个垃圾场 而且他们还赖着不走 |
[46:48] | They’re doing nothing but taking the piss! | 他们什么都不做 只会惹怒我 |
[46:50] | You don’t have to stay here. | 你不是非得要住在这里 |
[46:52] | What did you just say to me? | 你刚才说什么 |
[46:54] | Don’t you ever… Don’t you ever speak to me like that again, | 我警告你 再别用这种语气跟我说话 |
[46:57] | do you hear me? | 听见了吗 |
[46:58] | In my own house! It’s all fucking down to me! | 这可是我家 全他妈得靠我 |
[47:01] | You don’t lift a finger, do you?! It’s all down to me! | 你连个指头都不动 都他妈靠我 |
[47:04] | Nothing ever fucking changes! | 永远都他妈这个样 |
[47:06] | You don’t do anything, woman! | 你什么都不做 臭婆娘 |
[47:08] | You don’t lift a finger! | 连个指头都不抬一下 |
[47:11] | And as for you… | 至于你 |
[47:13] | Come down here, you useless prick! | 你给我下来 你个废物 |
[47:16] | Get yourself down here now! Come on! | 给老子下来 下来 |
[47:20] | Ah! I thought not! | 我就知道 |
[47:29] | We have established Nathaniel in some sorry state of depression, | 我们已经证实内森尼尔不幸处于抑郁状态 |
[47:34] | at the time, at least, | 至少案发时如此 |
[47:35] | which, as we are also aware, is no defence in itself. | 我们也知道他无法进行辩护 |
[47:39] | But what of Rafael? | 但拉斐尔呢 |
[47:41] | In your report, Doctor, | 医生 在你的报告里 |
[47:43] | you record him of sound mind. | 你说他神志清醒 |
[47:46] | A bright boy for his age. | 在他这个年纪里称得上聪明 |
[47:48] | As fit to plead as his adult brother. | 像他成年的哥哥一样 有抗辩能力 |
[47:52] | Well, yes. But also no. | 是的 但也不是 |
[47:54] | I don’t follow. Which one is it? | 我没听明白 到底可不可以 |
[47:56] | A child’s mind isn’t fully formed, like an adult’s. | 孩子的心智不像成人那样发育成熟 |
[48:00] | Different aspects develop at different rates | 在他心智发育的过程中 |
[48:04] | as it continues to grow. | 各方面的成长速度不同 |
[48:05] | Yet you assessed Rafael as fit for trial. | 然而你估定拉斐尔可以接受审判 |
[48:08] | He understands his charge? | 他能理解对他的指控 |
[48:10] | Yes, he understands it. | 是的 他理解 |
[48:12] | And record him as having no obvious psychiatric or psychotic problems? | 你还估定他没有明显的精神或心理问题 |
[48:17] | That is correct. Yes. | 没错 是的 |
[48:19] | But, in fact, as a rather articulate, clever child, | 相反 他是个善于表达 聪明的孩子 |
[48:22] | and fit to plead? | 能进行抗辩 |
[48:25] | Yes. | 是的 |
[48:27] | Thank you, Doctor. | 谢谢你 医生 |
[48:29] | Nothing further. | 我问完了 |
[48:31] | Dr Keaton, could you please explain to us | 基顿医生 能请你解释一下 |
[48:35] | how a child experiences the world? | 一个孩子是如何体验这个世界的吗 |
[48:39] | Well, the child’s reading of the world comes from the sensory, | 孩子通过感观来解读这个世界 |
[48:43] | emotional part of the brain | 就是大脑中对冲动 |
[48:46] | that reacts to impulse, instinct, aggression, | 本能和攻击性行为做出反应的情感部分 |
[48:51] | whereas the more rational, decision-making part of the brain, | 然而大脑中更理性 做决策的部分 |
[48:56] | the pre-frontal cortex, that responds to situations with | 面对各种情况能做出正确判断的前额叶皮质 |
[49:00] | good judgment, isn’t fully grown, | 还没有发育完全 |
[49:03] | literally, until we’re adults. | 直到我们成年才会发育成熟 |
[49:07] | It also struggles with futures, | 孩子还难以理解未来 |
[49:09] | understanding the long-term consequences of actions. | 以及行为的长远后果 |
[49:14] | So there’s a fundamental imbalance in their capacity | 所以他们的理解能力 |
[49:19] | for understanding. | 有着根本性不平衡 |
[49:22] | Could you tell us, then, | 那你能告诉我们 |
[49:24] | what might have been going on | 那起残忍谋杀发生当晚 |
[49:25] | inside a child’s mind the night of such a murder, | 面对迫在眉睫 之前遭遇过 |
[49:29] | in response to an imminent threat of violence, | 马上又将发生的暴力威胁 |
[49:32] | experienced before, happening once again? | 一个孩子可能有怎样的想法呢 |
[49:35] | A child’s brain aged 12, 13, 14, say, | 一个年龄在12至14岁的孩子 |
[49:39] | would have been emotionally overwhelmed | 可能会情绪失控 |
[49:43] | and compelled to react. | 被迫作出反应 |
[49:46] | Thank you, Doctor. Nothing further. | 谢谢 医生 我问完了 |
[51:12] | So, after Mr Jameson’s acquittal and return to the family home, | 詹姆森先生无罪获释 返回家后 |
[51:15] | the collective decision was made that Rafael, | 各单位共同决定 拉斐尔 |
[51:18] | along with Serena and Christie, | 以及瑟琳娜和克莉丝蒂 |
[51:20] | would no longer be deemed to be children in need. | 不再是需援助儿童 |
[51:23] | Correct? | 对吗 |
[51:24] | Yes. Yes, that is correct. | 是的 没错 |
[51:27] | And why was that, Mrs Delaney? | 为什么呢 德莱尼女士 |
[51:29] | The…the children had their father back. | 孩子们的父亲回来了 |
[51:31] | And they seemed much happier. | 他们似乎也比之前快乐许多 |
[51:34] | The family appeared much more stable a unit. | 这个家庭看起来也更稳定了 |
[51:37] | Much more stable? | 更稳定了 |
[51:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[51:48] | Children in need are defined in law | 法律上定义需援助儿童为 |
[51:51] | as children aged under 18 | 18岁以下 |
[51:53] | who need local authority services | 需要地方服务机构帮助 |
[51:56] | to prevent significant or further harm to health or development. | 防止其健康或成长受到严重或进一步伤害的儿童 |
[52:02] | Do you recognise this definition to be what constitutes | 你认为这个定义符合你们机构 |
[52:05] | a child in need by your services? | 对需援助儿童的界定吗 |
[52:09] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[52:09] | That’s it. Yes. | 就是这样 没错 |
[52:12] | To prevent significant or further harm | 防止其健康或成长 |
[52:18] | to health or development. | 受到严重或进一步伤害 |
[52:20] | Yet, after a terrifying incident Ray had witnessed against | 然而 在雷目睹了他哥哥遭遇的 |
[52:24] | his elder brother, | 可怕事件后 |
[52:25] | its charge upped by this very court to attempted murder, | 并且该事件被本法院上升为谋杀未遂 |
[52:30] | Mr Jameson’s return to the household, | 詹姆森先生却重新返回家中 |
[52:32] | along with the weapon used in that incident, | 还带回那次冲突中用过的武器 |
[52:35] | resulted in Rafael no longer being seen as a child in need. | 结果导致拉斐尔不再被视为需援助儿童 |
[52:38] | Is this correct, Mrs Delaney? | 是这样吗 德莱尼女士 |
[52:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[52:47] | Nothing further. | 我问完了 |
[52:50] | Yet his record details a vicious, unprovoked attack on a peer. | 然而有详细记录显示他曾无故攻击同龄人 |
[52:55] | After Mr Jameson’s return, yes. | 在詹姆森先生回家后 是的 |
[52:58] | “Unprovoked” the records read. | 记录显示”无故” |
[53:01] | So much so that Rafael was suspended. | 甚至严重到拉斐尔被停课 |
[53:04] | Is this correct also, Mrs Lyndon? | 这也正确吗 林登女士 |
[53:08] | Yes. | 是的 |
[53:10] | This unprovoked assault only serving as a kind of gym, | 这次无故袭击对他来说只是一种游戏 |
[53:13] | if you will, like the violent games he played on his computer. | 就像他在电脑上玩过的暴力游戏一样 |
[53:16] | Your Honour. | 法官大人 |
[53:17] | Please continue, Mr Ramsden. | 请继续 冉斯登先生 |
[53:19] | Nothing further. | 我问完了 |
[53:26] | How was Rafael as a student? | 拉斐尔是个怎么样的学生 |
[53:29] | He was a pleasure to know. | 他是一个讨人喜欢的孩子 |
[53:32] | And was the school aware of Rafael’s role in the household | 校方知道拉斐尔在家中 |
[53:37] | as carer to both children and mother? | 必须照顾妈妈和两个幼童吗 |
[53:41] | Yes, erm, we were. | 是的 我们知道 |
[53:44] | To an extent. | 知道一些 |
[53:45] | And is it not so that Rafael used a special school grant, | 拉斐尔是否把学校给他自己买衣服的 |
[53:50] | intended to clothe him, | 特殊补助金 |
[53:51] | to clothe his half-siblings, | 用来买衣服给他同母异父的妹妹们 |
[53:53] | the deceased’s own biological children? | 也就是死者的两个亲生孩子 |
[53:56] | Yes. This is true, yes. | 是的 没错 |
[53:58] | And this unprovoked attack at the school. | 在学校发生的这起无故袭击 |
[54:03] | Was it something out of character for Ray, would you say? | 你是否觉得不像雷会做的事 |
[54:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[54:09] | Ray was a… | 雷以前是个… |
[54:12] | He was a gentle and sensitive… | 他以前是个温柔敏感… |
[54:15] | I mean he is. He still is. | 我的意思是 他现在也是 |
[54:21] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[54:29] | Nothing further. | 我问完了 |
[54:43] | Kerry, don’t lose your cool, but… | 凯瑞 别激动 但是… |
[54:49] | Nathan isn’t giving evidence. | 内森不出庭作证了 |
[54:58] | Nathan? | 内森 |
[55:00] | – Nathan. – Ray… | -内森 -雷 |
[55:02] | – Nathan, please. – Ray, turn around. | -内森 求你了 -雷 转过来 |
[55:04] | – Nathan. – Now. | -内森 -快 |
[55:40] | – What the hell was that? – He needs me. | -刚刚那是怎么回事 -他需要我 |
[55:41] | No, no, YOU need you. | 不 你才最需要你 |
[55:45] | More than ever. | 特别是现在 |
[55:48] | OK, so Nathan’s defence aren’t showing the jury | 内森的律师也不会向陪审团展示 |
[55:53] | Nathan’s police photos either. | 内森在警局拍的嫌犯照 |
[55:55] | But that’s their trump card. Why? | 但那是他们的王牌 为什么 |
[55:58] | I don’t know. In case it makes him look too disturbed to them? | 我不知道 怕照片显得他精神太过失常吗 |
[56:09] | Ray, listen now. I want you to have a life, | 雷 听好了 我希望你拥有自己的生活 |
[56:14] | one day, of your own. | 在未来的某一天 |
[56:16] | And that life very much hangs on what happens next. | 而你能否拥有那生活 就看接下来的发展 |
[56:22] | We feel your best chance now… | 我们觉得你现在最好的机会 |
[56:27] | is to give evidence. | 就是出庭作证 |
[56:30] | I can only advise, mind. | 我只能给你建议 |
[56:31] | It’s up to you. | 还是得由你来决定 |
[56:41] | OK. OK. | 好 好 |
[56:48] | Right. Ramsden will come right at you. | 那好 冉斯登会直冲你来 |
[56:52] | And he will give you nothing. | 他不会给你喘息机会 |
[56:55] | You look him in the eye. | 你直视他双眼 |
[56:57] | You stay calm. | 保持冷静 |
[56:59] | And you think carefully before you answer. | 想清楚了再回答 |
[57:04] | Do you remember what you told me about just before it happened? | 你还记得你告诉我事发前发生了什么吗 |
[57:11] | That… | 我… |
[57:14] | I lost control? | 失控了 |
[57:16] | Good. | 很好 |
[57:19] | Focus on you. | 专注于你自己 |
[57:22] | Not on Nathan. | 而不是内森 |
[57:24] | You are not speaking for him as well. | 你并非同时要替他说话 |
[57:27] | You got that? | 明白吗 |
[57:35] | OK. | 好了 |
[57:42] | OK, let me in, Veronica. | 让我进去 维罗妮卡 |
[57:49] | Fucking let me in! | 你他妈让我进去 |
[57:55] | We can talk about it! Come on, just open the door, let me in. | 我们可以谈的 快开门吧 让我进去 |
[58:03] | Are you listening up there, Nathan? | 你在楼上偷听吗 内森 |
[58:07] | Well, you get ready, boy. | 你准备挨揍吧 臭小子 |
[58:11] | Bad, bad rabbit. | 坏兔子 |
[58:16] | Just remember what Kerry said to you. | 记住凯瑞对你说的话 |
[58:55] | Rafael, you are being tried for murder. | 拉斐尔 你因谋杀罪名受审 |
[58:59] | Do you understand? | 你明白吗 |
[59:02] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[59:03] | I do. | 我明白 |
[59:05] | And did you have an equal part to your brother in what happened? | 你和你哥哥在此事件中 是否担负相同的责任 |
[59:11] | I had a part in what happened. | 我有责任 |
[59:13] | Yeah. | 对 |
[59:16] | You accept that you killed a man? | 你承认你杀了一个男人 |
[59:21] | Yes. I do. | 是的 我承认 |
[59:23] | Were you scared of this man? | 你是否怕这男人 |
[59:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[59:32] | After Scott Jameson was acquitted, | 斯科特·詹姆森无罪释放后 |
[59:35] | did you want revenge? | 你是否想报复他 |
[59:39] | No. | 没有 |
[59:40] | But something needed to be done? | 但你必须做些什么 对吗 |
[59:44] | For the record, please, aloud. | 请你大声回答 以供记录在案 |
[59:49] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[59:51] | Was violence ever talked about? | 你们讨论过要使用暴力吗 |
[59:53] | No. Never. | 没有 从来没有 |
[59:57] | Nathaniel was spending his life in his room. | 内森尼尔本来一直把自己关在房间里 |
[1:00:01] | When he came to your room that night, | 他进来你房间那晚 |
[1:00:03] | how did he look? | 他看起来怎么样 |
[1:00:30] | Mum said…Mum said…Mum said that | 妈妈说…妈妈说… |
[1:00:32] | we have to…we have to lock our doors cos Scott’s… | 我们…我们必须锁门 因为斯科特… |
[1:00:35] | – Mum said that Scott’s going to… – Calm down. | -妈妈说斯科特要… -冷静 |
[1:00:36] | He’s going to go to the shed and get the axe again. | 他又要去木棚里拿那把斧头 |
[1:00:38] | Calm down. Yeah? | 冷静点 好吗 |
[1:00:40] | We have to lock our doors, cos Scott’s gone back to the shed, OK? | 我们必须锁好门 因为斯科特又去木棚里了 |
[1:00:42] | – Nathan, calm down. – To finish…to finish the job, once and for all. | -内森 冷静 -他要彻底做个了结 |
[1:00:48] | Come on. | 进来 |
[1:00:55] | For the record, please. | 请回答 |
[1:00:57] | He said that…he said that Scott threatened Mum. | 他说…他说斯科特威胁了妈妈 |
[1:01:03] | Nothing unusual, by all accounts. | 据大家说 这没什么不寻常 |
[1:01:05] | And we can only have your word for that, | 我们只有你的一面之词 |
[1:01:07] | as she isn’t giving evidence either. | 因为她也不出庭作证 |
[1:01:10] | So, did you not think killing Mr Jameson a bit… | 你不认为杀死詹姆森先生有点… |
[1:01:17] | extreme? | 极端吗 |
[1:01:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:01:27] | In your room, you and Nathan, | 你和内森在你房间里 |
[1:01:29] | did you discuss how to do it? | 有没有讨论如何动手 |
[1:01:49] | We just… | 我们只是… |
[1:01:53] | went downstairs and got the knives. | 下楼去拿了刀 |
[1:01:56] | Who decided? | 谁决定的 |
[1:02:15] | It wasn’t planned. | 不是事先计划好的 |
[1:02:19] | Your brother, in a state, by all accounts… | 据大家说 你哥哥那阵子精神恍惚 |
[1:02:24] | Who was clearest of mind? | 当时你们谁头脑更清醒 |
[1:02:26] | Your Honour. | 法官大人 |
[1:02:27] | Leading. | 引导性问题 |
[1:02:34] | So, you went downstairs | 你下楼 |
[1:02:35] | to find the deceased curled up, fast asleep. | 看到死者蜷缩着身体 睡得很熟 |
[1:02:40] | Actually, no threat at all. | 事实上根本没威胁 |
[1:03:03] | No, not… | 没… |
[1:03:06] | Not then. | 那时没有 |
[1:03:07] | No threat at that moment. | 那一刻没威胁 |
[1:03:12] | But you still stuck the knife in? | 但你还是用刀捅了他 |
[1:03:16] | Who led the charge? | 谁先动手的 |
[1:03:19] | Look at me, Rafael, not your brother. | 看着我 拉斐尔 不要看你哥哥 |
[1:03:34] | We just… | 我们就… |
[1:03:42] | We just went and attacked him. | 反正就攻击了他 |
[1:03:44] | Did he just wake up? | 他是不是就醒了 |
[1:03:49] | He had a lot of defensive injuries on his arms. | 他双臂上有多处防卫伤 |
[1:03:56] | I can’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[1:03:57] | It just… ..happened. | 总之…就是发生了 |
[1:04:01] | A man is stabbed over 70 times. | 一个男人被刺了70多刀 |
[1:04:05] | His head near decapitated. | 他几乎身首分离 |
[1:04:10] | And you can’t remember? | 你却不记得了吗 |
[1:04:14] | That this butchery, somehow, just happened? | 这般残忍的屠杀 莫名其妙就发生了吗 |
[1:04:19] | Did Scott Jameson die in silence? | 斯科特·詹姆森安静地死去吗 |
[1:04:22] | I can’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[1:04:23] | But you intended to kill him? | 但你是有意杀死他的 对吗 |
[1:04:28] | Rafael McCullin, on that night, | 拉斐尔·麦库林 那一晚 |
[1:04:31] | the decision was made for Scott Jameson to die. | 你们决定要杀死斯考特·詹姆森 |
[1:04:48] | I lost control. | 我失控了 |
[1:04:52] | When did you lose control? | 你何时失控的 |
[1:04:56] | I lost control… | 我失控了 |
[1:04:58] | before and during the attack. | 在袭击前和袭击过程中 |
[1:05:08] | Nothing further. | 我问完了 |
[1:08:32] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[1:08:33] | Me and my brother, we… | 我和我弟弟 我们… |
[1:08:37] | we murdered. | 我们杀了人 |
[1:08:41] | We have only heard from one of the brothers, Rafael. | 我们只听到两兄弟中的拉斐尔的供词 |
[1:08:45] | Do not have your sympathies swayed by his age. | 不要因他的年龄而同情他 |
[1:08:51] | Ladies and gentlemen, this boy is a cold-blooded murderer. | 女士们先生们 这男孩是个残酷的杀人犯 |
[1:08:55] | Scott Jameson was butchered… | 斯科特·詹姆森在睡梦中… |
[1:08:58] | as he slept. | 惨遭屠杀 |
[1:09:01] | Rafael McCullin has admitted in that very witness box | 拉斐尔·麦库林已在证人席上承认 |
[1:09:05] | his part in this savage, diabolical act. | 他参与了该野蛮残忍的暴行 |
[1:09:09] | This boy here had the capacity. | 这个男孩有杀戮能力 |
[1:09:14] | That is clear. | 这点很明确 |
[1:09:16] | And is as responsible as Nathaniel. | 并且他和内森尼尔有同样的责任 |
[1:09:21] | And, together, they planned then mercilessly murdered | 他们一起计划并残忍谋杀了 |
[1:09:26] | a loving, caring father… | 一名慈爱的父亲 |
[1:09:33] | of two young children. | 他还有两个年幼的孩子 |
[1:09:38] | These are the only facts for you to consider here. | 你们只需考虑这些客观事实 |
[1:09:55] | My learned friend wields the word “responsibility”. | 我博学的同行一直提到”责任”一词 |
[1:10:02] | But who took that for Rafael in this room today? | 但今天在座谁为拉斐尔负责了 |
[1:10:08] | His parents? | 他的父母吗 |
[1:10:10] | An adult brother who couldn’t give evidence? | 他无法出庭作证的成年人哥哥 |
[1:10:13] | The police? This very court? | 警方 这个法庭 |
[1:10:17] | The services that circled yet ultimately failed | 与此事件有关 然而最终未能 |
[1:10:21] | to protect him and his family? | 保护他和他家人的服务机构 |
[1:10:25] | All are culpable here. | 以上都应受罪 |
[1:10:29] | Yet we are not here to problem-solve. | 然而我们不是来庭上解决问题的 |
[1:10:33] | This arena, | 这个竞技场 |
[1:10:36] | this Crown system is designed for a win. | 这个皇家检察体系的用途是决定赢 |
[1:10:41] | Or lose. | 或输 |
[1:10:43] | Guilt or innocence. | 有罪或无罪 |
[1:10:45] | Beyond reasonable doubt. | 无合理疑点 |
[1:10:48] | Binary. | 非黑即白 |
[1:10:49] | Like fight or flight. | 就像战或逃 |
[1:10:52] | No room for nuance. | 没有细微差别存在的余地 |
[1:10:55] | No room for an emerging life lived in chaos. | 没有生活在混乱中的青少年存在的余地 |
[1:11:01] | And what is loss of control if it isn’t that? | 这不是失控是什么 |
[1:11:07] | A boy backed into a corner | 一个被逼到绝境的男孩 |
[1:11:11] | lashes back with that same terrible, furious rage | 用自己最恐惧的暴怒手段 |
[1:11:16] | he so feared himself. | 展开猛烈攻击 |
[1:13:08] | Do you want me to stay in here with you, Ray? | 你希望我在这里陪你吗 雷 |
[1:13:27] | Are you OK, Kerry? | 你还好吧 凯瑞 |
[1:13:31] | That’s an odd question for you | 此刻你居然反过来 |
[1:13:33] | to be asking me right now, Rafael McCullin. | 问我这个问题 拉斐尔·麦库林 |
[1:13:39] | Will the accused please stand? | 请被告站起来 |
[1:13:46] | Members of the jury, in the matter of Nathaniel McCullin, | 诸位陪审团成员 关于内森尼尔·麦库林 |
[1:13:50] | have you reached a verdict upon which at least nine of you agree? | 你们是否至少有九人达成了一致裁决 |
[1:13:53] | We have. | 是的 |
[1:13:55] | On the charge of murder, how do you find the defendant? | 你们裁定被告的谋杀罪名是否成立 |
[1:14:00] | Guilty. | 成立 |
[1:14:03] | In the matter of Rafael McCullin, | 关于拉斐尔·麦库林 |
[1:14:06] | have you reached a verdict upon which at least nine of you agree? | 你们是否至少有九人达成了一致裁决 |
[1:14:10] | We have. | 是的 |
[1:14:12] | On the charge of murder, how do you find the defendant? | 你们裁定被告的谋杀罪名是否成立 |
[1:14:16] | Not guilty. | 不成立 |
[1:14:22] | On the charge of manslaughter by loss of control, | 你们裁定被告的因失控过失杀人罪名 |
[1:14:24] | how do you find the defendant? | 是否成立 |
[1:14:27] | Guilty. | 成立 |
[1:14:44] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[1:14:53] | Nathan. | 内森 |
[1:14:54] | Nathan… | 内森 |
[1:14:57] | please. | 求你了 |
[1:15:04] | Mum. | 妈妈 |
[1:15:06] | How’s…how’s Christie and Serena? No-one will tell me. | 克莉丝蒂和瑟琳娜还好吗 没人肯告诉我 |
[1:15:11] | They’re not with me any more. They took my babies away, Ray. | 他们不跟我住了 我的宝贝们被夺走了 雷 |
[1:15:24] | Mum, I’m so sorry. | 妈妈 我很抱歉 |
[1:15:26] | I’m sorry, I did it to protect you and Nathan, | 对不起 我那么做是为了保护你和内森 |
[1:15:28] | I did it to keep you and Nathan safe. | 我是为了保护你和内森不受伤害 |
[1:15:30] | OK? OK? I’m sorry. | 好吗 对不起 |
[1:15:33] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 对不起 我很抱歉 |
[1:15:37] | Not much good if we’re not all together, Ray. | 我们一家人不能聚在一起 又有何用 雷 |
[1:17:21] | That’s good. Now stand up tall, tall, tall, tall. | 很好 现在站直 站直了 |
[1:18:37] | Ah, cool work, my friend. | 画得真漂亮 朋友 |
[1:18:41] | It’s amazing to think we’re there, in the middle of all of that. | 我们生活在这浩瀚宇宙中间 真令人惊叹 |
[1:18:48] | It’s not our solar system. | 这不是我们的太阳系 |
[1:18:53] | there’s a theory | 有一种理论说 |
[1:18:55] | that there’s all these other universes out there. | 还存在很多平行宇宙 |
[1:18:57] | Not just this one. | 不只我们这一个 |
[1:19:00] | And in every one… | 在每个宇宙里 |
[1:19:03] | there’s us. | 都有另一个我们 |
[1:19:07] | Doing all the other things we could have done. | 做着我们本来能做 但没做成的事 |
[1:19:14] | It’s good. | 那很好 |
[1:19:17] | It’s a good thing, Ray. | 那是好事 雷 |
[1:19:49] | Funny little git, ain’t you? | 你就是个讨厌鬼 对吧 |
[1:20:07] | It won’t bite. | 怕什么 又不会咬人 |
[1:20:33] | When are you back to school? | 你几时回学校 |
[1:20:37] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[1:20:42] | You’ve got a good brain in that head, so don’t waste it. | 你很聪明 别浪费了你的才智 |
[1:20:51] | No more fighting, yeah? | 别再打架了 知道吗 |
[1:20:56] | No more fucking fighting. | 别他妈再打架了 |
[1:21:18] | Sit here if you like. | 你可以坐这儿 |
[1:21:56] | Stop! Stop! | 住手 住手 |
[1:21:59] | No! No! No! | 不 不 不 |
[1:22:09] | Stop! Stop! Stop! | 住手 住手 住手 |
[1:22:11] | Stop! Stop! No! | 住手 住手 不要 |
[1:22:11] | Please! Please! | 求你们 求你们 |
[1:22:13] | Ray? OK, OK. Ray? OK. | 雷 没事了 没事了 雷 |
[1:22:17] | Ray, Ray, Ray, Ray. | 雷 雷 雷 |
[1:22:19] | Breathe, breathe. Hey, it’s OK. | 呼吸 呼吸 没事了 |
[1:22:21] | – No! No! – Ray, Ray. | -不 不 -雷 雷 |
[1:22:24] | – No! No! – It’s OK, it’s OK, it’s OK. | -不 不 -没事了 没事了 |
[1:22:25] | – No! – It’s OK, it’s OK. | -不 -没事了 没事了 |
[1:22:27] | Ray! Ray! Ray! Ray! | 雷 雷 雷 |
[1:22:29] | You are here, you’re here. You’re in this body. | 你在这里 你在这里 在这具身体里 |
[1:22:33] | You are in this room. | 你在这个房间里 |
[1:22:35] | In this room! Yeah? | 在这个房间里 知道吗 |
[1:22:37] | Yeah? | 知道吗 |
[1:22:39] | You’re safe. Yeah? | 你很安全 |
[1:23:06] | How are you doing? | 你现在好点了吗 |
[1:23:08] | You OK? | 没事吧 |
[1:23:14] | OK, thank you. | 没事 谢谢你 |
[1:23:17] | Good. | 好 |
[1:23:34] | Can I get a stamp, please? | 请给我一张邮票 |
[1:23:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:24:07] | Right! | 瞧我的 |
[1:24:16] | I don’t want to be the person that did what I did. | 我不想当做出了那种事的人 |
[1:24:22] | He’s in another universe, mate. | 那个人在另一个宇宙 |
[1:24:25] | Yeah? | 知道吗 |
[1:24:28] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:24:34] | – You all right here a sec? – Yeah. | -我走开一会儿 你没问题吧 -嗯 |
[1:24:40] | – Put it down! Put it down! – Calm down. We can talk about it. | -放下 放下 -冷静 我们可以好好谈谈 |
[1:24:55] | Calm down! | 冷静 |
[1:24:57] | Calm down! | 冷静 |
[1:25:00] | – Get her under control! – Come on! | -控制住她 -快啊 |
[1:25:02] | Quiet! Quiet! | 安静 安静 |
[1:25:02] | 1995年 联合国儿童权利委员会声明 这与英国保护儿童权利的义务相抵触 | |
[1:25:03] | This way, this way, this way. | 这边 这边 这边 |
[1:25:19] | 自那以后 共有7057名10至14岁的儿童 被带上刑事法庭受审 |