英文名称:The Invention of Lying
年代:2009
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:48] | Testing. Testing. | 测试 测试 |
[00:51] | Testing over the credits. The credits that no one cares about. | 信用测试 大家认为不值一文的信用 |
[00:56] | “Ooh, we’re the business people. | 我们是生意人 |
[00:58] | “Ooh, we want our credit before the film starts, ’cause…” | 我们想在电影开始前知道信用度 因为 |
[01:02] | Anyway. | 总之 |
[01:03] | The story you’re about to see takes place in a world | 你将要看到的故事发生在这样一个世界里 |
[01:05] | Where the human race has | 那里的人们 |
[01:07] | Never evolved the ability to tell a lie. | 还没有进化到会撒谎 |
[01:09] | This is a typical town in that world. | 这是那个世界里的一个有代表性的小镇 |
[01:11] | As you can see | 正如你看到的 |
[01:12] | People have jobs and cars and houses and families, | 人们工作 生活 恋爱 |
[01:16] | But everyone tells the absolute truth. | 但他们从不撒谎 |
[01:18] | There’s no such thing as deceit or flattery or fiction. | 这里没有欺骗 阿谀奉承或谎言 |
[01:22] | People say exactly what they think, | 人们的每一句话都是发自内心 |
[01:25] | And sometimes that can come across as a bit harsh. | 有时候会听到一些难听的话 |
[01:27] | But they’ve got no choice in the matter. | 但他们没有选择的余地 |
[01:28] | It’s their nature. | 这是他们的本性 |
[01:30] | Look, I’m not coming in to work today. | 我今天没来上班 |
[01:32] | No, I’m not sick. I just hate it there. | 不 我没生病 我只是讨厌那工作 |
[01:34] | Oh, your baby is so ugly. It’s like a little rat. | 你的孩子长得真丑 丑的像只小老鼠 |
[01:38] | Wow! I just took one of the biggest poops of my whole life. | 我刚拉了我人生中最大的一坨屎 |
[01:43] | What are you ordering? | 你要点些什么 |
[01:44] | So if you’re a chubby | 所以如果你是一个很胖 |
[01:45] | Little loser like this guy, for example, | 的失败者 就像这个人 |
[01:47] | That’s Mark Bellison, by the way, | 顺便说下 这位是马克・贝里森 |
[01:49] | Then you’re all alone and at the bottom of the pile. | 那么你只能孤独一人 生活在社会底层 |
[01:52] | But later on in the story, his luck’s gonna change | 但在故事后面 当他说了世界上第一个谎言之后 |
[01:56] | When he tells the world’s first lie. | 他的命运将会迎来转折 |
[01:58] | He doesn’t even know it himself yet. | 那时他自己都还没意识到这是谎言 |
[02:01] | So look forward to that. | 所以期待一下吧 |
[02:08] | 谎言的诞生 | |
[02:13] | Don’t blow this. | 别搞砸了 |
[02:30] | You’re early. | 你来早了 |
[02:31] | I was just masturbating. | 我刚才正在手淫 |
[02:33] | That makes me think of your vagina. | 这让我想到了你的阴道 |
[02:37] | I’m Mark. How are you? | 我是马克 你好吗 |
[02:40] | A little frustrated at the moment. | 现在稍微有点挫败感 |
[02:41] | Also, equally depressed and pessimistic | 还有 对今晚的约会 |
[02:43] | About our date tonight. | 我感到沮丧和悲观 |
[02:46] | Sure. | 当然 |
[02:47] | I’m Anna. Come on in. | 我是安娜 进来吧 |
[02:51] | Um… just wait there. | 请稍等 |
[02:54] | I need to finish getting ready. | 我必须做好准备工作 |
[02:56] | While doing that, I might realise I’m still horny | 准备的时候 我可能依旧性欲高涨 |
[02:58] | And try to finish masturbating without you hearing. | 我尽量试着在不让你听到的情况下结束手淫 |
[03:12] | I feel awkward now about being early. | 来早了让我觉得自己像个傻瓜 |
[03:15] | Yeah, I’m disappointed that you’re early | 是的 你来这么早我也很失望 |
[03:17] | And not really looking forward to tonight in general, | 总体来说 我不是很期待今晚的约会 |
[03:19] | But the thought of being alone the rest of my life | 但孤独地终老的想法 |
[03:21] | Scares both my mother and me equally. | 让我妈妈和我都很害怕 |
[03:24] | Sure. | 当然 |
[03:37] | I’m thinking you’ve started masturbating | 我想你已经开始手淫了吧 |
[03:38] | ‘Cause it’s like it’s too quiet. | 因为好像太安静了 |
[03:43] | And you said you were gonna try | 你说你会试着 |
[03:44] | And do it without me hearing. | 在我听不见的情况下做 |
[03:50] | I’m worried the restaurant I’ve picked | 我担心我选的饭店 |
[03:51] | Isn’t expensive enough for you. | 对你来说不够贵 |
[03:55] | It’s all I can afford in my situation. | 但这是我能负担得起的最好的了 |
[04:01] | I know I’m in my 40s, | 我知道我已经40多岁了 |
[04:03] | But I haven’t got any financial assets to speak of. | 但仍然没有值得炫耀的资产 |
[04:07] | Also, my boss said he’s probably gonna fire me this week. | 还有 这周我还有可能被老板解雇 |
[04:19] | I just masturbated that makes me horny | 手淫让我很有欲望 |
[04:20] | I hope this date ends in sex. | 我希望我们约会之后能够做爱 |
[04:23] | I don’t find you attractive. | 但我对你没任何感觉 |
[04:26] | Shall we? | 我们可以走了吗 |
[04:28] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[04:30] | – After you. – Thanks. | -你先请 -谢谢 |
[04:38] | This is not as nice as I remember it. | 这里没有我记忆中漂亮 |
[04:40] | What are we gonna talk about? | 我们要聊点什么 |
[04:41] | Hi. I’m threatened by you. | 你好 我被你吓坏了 |
[04:44] | Mark Bellison. Table for two. | 马克・贝里森 两人桌 |
[04:47] | Of course. Come with me. | 好的 跟我来 |
[04:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:58] | – Plastic. – I’m very embarrassed I work here. | -塑料的 -在这儿工作真让我感到尴尬 |
[05:02] | – Hello. – And you’re very pretty. | -你好 -你真漂亮 |
[05:05] | That only makes this worse. | 这样只会让事情变得更糟 |
[05:06] | Can I get you two started on some drinks? | 你们要先喝点什么 |
[05:08] | I’ll have a budweiser, please. | 请给我一瓶百威啤酒 |
[05:10] | I’ll have a mango margarita, | 我要一杯芒果玛格丽塔酒 |
[05:12] | And I’ll probably have three more drinks | 等一会晚些时候 |
[05:13] | By the end of the night. | 我可能还会再点三杯 |
[05:17] | – Your sister? – No. | -是你妹妹吗 -不是 |
[05:18] | – Daughter? – No. | -你女儿 -不是 |
[05:20] | She’s way out of your league. | 你完全配不上她 |
[05:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:31] | Shall I ask you some questions about yourself? | 我能问一些关于你的问题吗 |
[05:33] | Yes. | 当然 |
[05:34] | How do you spend your days? | 你是怎样过每一天的呢 |
[05:36] | I get up at 8:00 in the morning | 我早上8点起床 |
[05:37] | Because the noise from my alarm clock interrupts my sleep. | 闹钟会把我从睡梦中唤醒 |
[05:39] | And I lean over and just turn it off. | 然后我爬到床边把它关掉 |
[05:42] | Turn it off. That’s more specific than I thought. | 关掉它 比我想象的更详细 |
[05:45] | – Oh. What did you want to know? – Just… | -你想知道什么 -只是 |
[05:46] | – Well, do you have a job? – I have a job in an office. | -你有工作吗 -我在一个办公室工作 |
[05:49] | – What do you do? – I’m an executive. | -你做什么 -我是行政管理人员 |
[05:51] | – Do you enjoy that? – No. | -你喜欢这份工作吗 -不喜欢 |
[05:52] | But I enjoy the end result of the job, | 但我喜欢工作带来的最终产物 |
[05:54] | Which is money. | 金钱 |
[05:56] | And also the hours are pretty good for | 我的工作能让我获得 |
[05:57] | The amount of money I make, | 可观的收入 |
[05:58] | Which I spend on things I like | 我把薪水花在我喜欢的地方 |
[06:00] | Such as clothes and hiking and drinking, | 像是买衣服 旅行和喝酒 |
[06:02] | Even though I know it’s bad for me. | 虽然我知道喝酒对身体不好 |
[06:04] | But I’d rather just get all the money | 但我只想挣到所有的钱 |
[06:06] | And not have to work for the results. | 而且不用去工作 |
[06:08] | Oh, sure. | 当然 |
[06:10] | Tell me something about you, though. | 说说你的事吧 |
[06:12] | You already know a lot about me. | 你已经知道很多我的事了 |
[06:14] | You know I’m good-looking because, well, here I am. | 我很漂亮 我本人都已经在这儿了 |
[06:19] | And you know that I’m successful | 我也很成功 |
[06:20] | Because you’ve seen my apartment | 你已经见过我的公寓 |
[06:22] | And the clothes that I’m wearing. | 还有我穿的衣服 |
[06:24] | And you know I’m happy because I’m smiling. | 我很高兴 因为我在笑 |
[06:27] | – Are you always happy? – Usually. | -你总是很高兴吗 -通常是 |
[06:29] | Some days I stay in bed, eating and crying. | 有些时候 我在床上吃饭 哭泣 |
[06:35] | – There you go. – Thank you. | -这是你们点的 -谢谢 |
[06:37] | – I had a little sip of this from right there, so… – Okay. | -我刚才在那儿喝了一小口 -好吧 |
[06:42] | You guys ready to order | 你们想好点什么了吗 |
[06:43] | Or do you need a moment? | 还是你们需要再考虑一下 |
[06:45] | I’m good. | 我已经好了 |
[06:46] | Oh! I’ll have the caesar salad with chicken | 我要一份鸡肉凯萨色拉 |
[06:48] | Because I think I’m fat, | 因为我自己很胖 |
[06:50] | But I also think I deserve something that tastes good. | 但我想我还是该吃一些美味的食物 |
[06:53] | I’ll have the fish tacos | 我要鱼肉玉米饼 |
[06:54] | ‘Cause it’s what I had last time I was here. | 上次在这儿我就是吃的这个 |
[06:56] | It’s all I know. | 我只知道这个 |
[06:58] | Great. I’ll get those two started. | 好的 我去准备那两样 |
[07:01] | If I gave you my number, would you call me? | 如果我给你我的电话 你会打给我吗 |
[07:02] | No. | 不会 |
[07:06] | Sorry. It’s my mom. | 抱歉 是我妈妈 |
[07:08] | I think she’s probably checking on the date. | 她可能想问下约会的情况 |
[07:09] | It won’t take long. | 不会太久的 |
[07:13] | Yes, I’m with him right now. | 是的 我现在跟他在一起 |
[07:15] | No, not very attractive. No, doesn’t make much money. | 不 不是很有魅力 不 挣钱不多 |
[07:19] | It’s all right, though. Seems nice. Kind of funny. | 还好 人好像还不错 有点风趣 |
[07:22] | A bit fat. | 有点胖 |
[07:24] | Has a funny little snub nose. | 还有个很滑稽的小塌鼻子 |
[07:29] | Kind of like a frog in the facial area. | 只看脸的话有点像青蛙 |
[07:33] | Yeah, but… | 是的 但是 |
[07:34] | No, I won’t be sleeping with him tonight. | 不 我今晚不会跟他上床的 |
[07:36] | No. Probably not even a kiss. | 不 可能连吻都不会有 |
[07:39] | Okay. You, too. Bye. Sorry about that. | 好的 你也是 拜 抱歉 |
[07:42] | It’s all right. Don’t think twice. | 没事 别想太多 |
[07:43] | How is your mum, all right? | 你妈妈身体怎么样 还好吧 |
[07:45] | – She’s all right… – Great. That’s… | -她身体很好 -太好了 那 |
[07:54] | Thanks for going on this date with me. | 谢谢你跟我约会 |
[07:57] | You’re way out of my league, | 我实在是配不上你 |
[07:58] | And I know you only did it as a favour to Greg | 我知道你肯来是看格雷格的面子 |
[08:01] | And I’ll probably never hear from you again, but… | 可能我们以后都不会再有联系了 但是 |
[08:05] | I had a better time than I thought I’d have. | 今晚过得比我预期的更愉快些 |
[08:08] | But I won’t really know how I feel about you | 直到我有些醉意了 |
[08:10] | Till I’m a little less drunk. | 才知道对你的感觉如何 |
[08:12] | – Sure. – Yeah. | -当然 -是的 |
[08:13] | Well, call me tomorrow | 当你明天清醒的时候 |
[08:14] | If you still like me when you’re sober. | 如果还喜欢我 就打给我吧 |
[08:17] | I might. | 可能会 |
[08:19] | Oh! Thank you for kissing me on the cheek. | 谢谢你吻了我的脸 |
[08:21] | I know you didn’t have to do… | 我知道你其实不必这样的 |
[08:23] | You’re very pretty! Good night! | 你非常漂亮 晚安 |
[08:28] | First used roughly 4,000 years ago on Celtic chariots, | 第一次被使用大概是在4千年前的凯尔特战车上 |
[08:32] | Was, for the most part | 而其中的大部分 |
[08:33] | Unchanged by man until the late 1800s. | 到了19世纪后才得到改造 |
[08:41] | I’m the spokesperson for the Coca-cola company. | 我是可口可乐公司的发言人 |
[08:44] | I’m here today to ask you to continue buying coke. | 今天我站在这儿是想让你们继续买可乐 |
[08:46] | I’m sure it’s the drink you’ve been drinking for years | 我相信这是你已经喝了多年的饮料 |
[08:48] | And if you still enjoy it, well, I’d like to remind you | 如果你还喜欢它 我想提醒你 |
[08:49] | To buy it again sometime soon. | 有机会继续来买吧 |
[08:52] | It’s basically just brown sugar water. | 基本上只是些棕色的糖水 |
[08:53] | Haven’t changed the ingredients much lately, | 成分最近也没什么变化 |
[08:55] | So there’s nothing new I can tell you about that. | 所以我也没法告诉你一些新的信息 |
[08:57] | Changed the can around a little bit, though. | 虽然外包装改变了一点 |
[08:59] | You can see the colours are different there, | 你会看到颜色有些不同 |
[09:00] | And we’ve added a polar bear, so the kids like us. | 增加了北极熊图案 孩子们会喜欢 |
[09:03] | Coke’s very high in sugar | 跟任何高热量的汽水一样 |
[09:04] | And like any high-calorie soda, | 可乐的糖分很高 |
[09:05] | It can lead to obesity in children and | 会让孩子们和 |
[09:07] | Adults who don’t sustain a very healthy diet. | 饮食不健康的大人们变得肥胖 |
[09:09] | And that’s it. It’s coke. | 就是这样 这就是可乐 |
[09:10] | Very famous and everyone knows it. | 很有名 并且众所周知 |
[09:12] | I work for coke. | 我是做可乐这行的 |
[09:13] | And I’m asking you to not stop buying coke. | 我请求你们不要停止买可乐 |
[09:15] | That’s all. | 我说完了 |
[09:19] | It’s a bit sweet. | 有点甜 |
[09:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:38] | Hold the elevator. | 等一等 |
[09:41] | – Hey, Mark. How’s it going? – Hi, Frank. Not too well. | -马克 怎么样 -弗兰克 不太好 |
[09:45] | I went on a date last night | 昨晚我跟一个 |
[09:46] | With a girl I’ve had a crush on for years, | 我喜欢了很多年的女孩约会了 |
[09:48] | And she’ll most likely never call me again. | 但看来她再也不会打给我了 |
[09:50] | Oh, and I think I’m getting fired today. How about you? | 我还觉得我今天会被解雇 你怎么样 |
[09:55] | Oh, I’m not too great, actually. | 实际上 我也不太好 |
[09:58] | I’ve been throwing up pain killers all night | 整个晚上都在吐止痛药 |
[10:00] | Because I’m too afraid to | 因为我害怕 |
[10:01] | Take enough to actually kill myself, so… | 吃太多会致死 所以 |
[10:08] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[10:11] | If I’m not dead, then sure. | 如果我还没死的话 好的 |
[10:15] | Good. That’s settled, then. | 好 那就这么说定了 |
[10:16] | All right. Have a nice day. | 好的 祝你今天过的愉快 |
[10:36] | This isn’t natural! None of this is natural! | 这不正常 没有一个是正常的 |
[10:38] | We’re all animals! | 我们都是动物 |
[10:40] | Why am I wearing clothes? | 我为什么穿着衣服 |
[10:41] | How do you people live like this? | 你们怎么能这样生活 |
[10:43] | Why is there all this concrete? | 这里怎么都是些混凝土建筑物 |
[10:46] | I woke up this morning and realised | 我今天早上醒来 认识到 |
[10:47] | Not only do I not love you, | 我不但不爱你 |
[10:48] | But also the thought of sleeping with you sickens me. | 想到要跟你上床也让我感到恶心 |
[10:51] | That should make me not love you | 这些本来该让我停止爱你的 |
[10:53] | But it only makes me love you more. | 但却让我更爱你了 |
[11:00] | 百事 他们什么时候不喝可口可乐 | |
[11:06] | I just don’t want to go in there today. I just don’t, you know? | 我今天不想进去 就是不想 明白吗 |
[11:12] | All of lecture films’ productions are written, | 所有讲座电影作品都是在这里进行创作 |
[11:13] | Filmed and edited on this very lot. | 拍摄和编辑的 |
[11:17] | In fact, this building is where lecture films’ talented writers | 事实上 这幢楼里的天才作家们 |
[11:21] | Scour the world’s past events for the most dramatic, | 根据世界历史题材 写出了最生动的 |
[11:25] | Entertaining and even hilarious moments from world history, | 最有趣的 还有最欢乐的往事 |
[11:28] | Which are then turned into scripts, | 它们最后都变成了剧本 |
[11:30] | Handed over to our world-famous readers | 移交到举世闻名的读稿人手中 |
[11:33] | To read off of teleprompters | 并快速读完剧本 |
[11:33] | And then filmed for your viewing pleasure. | 然后拍出你们看到的电影 |
[11:37] | Now, if you’ll just follow me over here | 现在 如果你们跟我去那儿 |
[11:38] | I will give you a sneak peek | 我会偷偷的让你们提前看到 |
[11:40] | Of lecture films’ upcoming summer blockbuster, | 这个夏天将要上映的讲座电影 |
[11:43] | Napoleon 1812 to 1813. | 1812到1813年的拿破仑 |
[11:48] | Coming soon from lecture films, | 由讲座电影组出品的 |
[11:51] | Screenplay by Brad Kessler | 剧本作者为布拉德・凯斯勒 |
[11:52] | And tarring nathan goldfrappe, | 主演内森・高德弗兰波 |
[11:55] | Napoleon 1812 to 1813. | 1812到1813年的拿破仑 |
[11:59] | And so Napoleon invaded Russia | 拿破仑入侵俄罗斯 |
[12:03] | With a brute force of nearly 700,000 men behind him, | 集结了70万冷酷军队 |
[12:07] | Armed with muskets and supported by cannon brigades. | 装备了步枪并有炮兵团的支持 |
[12:11] | Crippled by disease and hunger, | 却败给了疾病和饥饿 |
[12:14] | Napoleon’s men persevered. | 拿破仑的战士们坚持着 |
[12:17] | It was then that… | 就是这样 |
[12:19] | Oh, look, everyone. | 大家快看 |
[12:20] | There’s Mark Bellison | 这位是马克・贝里森 |
[12:22] | One of lecture films’ very own screenwriters. | 讲座电影公司的编剧之一 |
[12:24] | Mark is one of lecture films’ least successful screenwriters. | 马克是讲座电影最不成功的编剧之一 |
[12:28] | I also hear he’s most likely getting fired today. | 我听说他今天好像就会被解雇了 |
[12:32] | Let’s go to the editing bay | 我们去编辑区吧 |
[12:33] | Where we can watch them put the final touches | 在那里可以看到收尾工作 |
[12:35] | On the upcoming lecture films feature invention of the… | 将会放映的一些电影花絮 |
[12:37] | Right this way. | 这边走 |
[12:50] | Morning, Shelley. | 早上好 雪莉 |
[12:52] | Hi, Mark. | 马克 |
[12:53] | I realise more and more every day | 我越来越意识到 |
[12:54] | How overqualified I am for this position | 这个职位对于我来说过于简单了 |
[12:56] | And how incompetent you are at yours. | 而你的职位对你来说却太艰巨了 |
[12:59] | Any messages? | 有给我的留言吗 |
[13:00] | Anthony is coming up with in the hour to | 安东尼稍后会来 |
[13:02] | See if he can get up the courage to fire you. | 看他能否鼓起勇气解雇你 |
[13:04] | If he can’t, he said that he’ll definitely do it tomorrow. | 如果不能 他说他明天一定能做到 |
[13:07] | Anything else? | 还有其它的吗 |
[13:08] | Any messages not to do with being fired? | 除了解雇之外的消息 |
[13:10] | Well, I told everyone you’re getting fired this week | 我已经告诉大家你这周就会被解雇了 |
[13:12] | And they shouldn’t expect their calls returned, | 叫他们不要期望能得到回电 |
[13:13] | So no one left any messages. | 所以没人留了口讯 |
[13:15] | Okay. Next time… | 好吧 下次 |
[13:16] | I don’t think there’ll be a next time. | 我不认为还会有下次 |
[13:18] | Take the message, just in case I don’t get fired. | 记录下口讯 万一我没被就解雇的话 |
[13:20] | You’re almost definitely getting fired. | 你肯定会被解雇的 |
[13:22] | Yeah, but I’m still here now, so… | 是的 但我现在仍然还在这儿 所以 |
[13:24] | Seems like a waste of time. | 看起来只是在浪费时间 |
[13:25] | No, it’s not. | 当然不是 |
[13:27] | You’re getting paid for it | 这是你的工作 |
[13:27] | So let’s take the message in case I don’t get. | 所以还是记录下口讯吧 万一我没解雇 |
[13:30] | But everyone knows that you are. | 但大家都知道你会被解雇的 |
[13:32] | Hasn’t happened yet. | 现在还没 |
[13:32] | Okay. But everyone knows you are. | 好吧 但大家都知道会的 |
[13:37] | I’ll be in the office, don’t… | 我去办公室了 别 |
[13:39] | Okay. I’ll be searching for new jobs on craigslist. | 好吧 我去克雷格列表网站找新工作 |
[13:42] | You should probably just get on with your work. | 或许你应该继续做你的工作 |
[13:44] | No, thank you! | 不了 谢谢 |
[14:03] | Anthony? | 安东尼 |
[14:12] | Come in. What? | 进来 怎么了 |
[14:18] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[14:23] | Well, you look really depressed today. | 你今天看起来真沮丧 |
[14:25] | That’s gonna make this so much harder. | 这会让我更难说出口了 |
[14:27] | – Anthony, don’t fire me. – Oh, Mark. | -安东尼 别解雇我 -马克 |
[14:29] | The 1300s, they’re so boring. | 你写的14世纪 实在太无聊了 |
[14:31] | And the last two scripts you turned in were depressing. | 你最近交的两个剧本都很差 |
[14:36] | They were about the black plague. | 它们都是关于黑死病的 |
[14:37] | It’s the 1300s. What am I meant to write about? | 那是14世纪 我应该写什么 |
[14:40] | It’s not totally your fault | 不完全是你的错 |
[14:40] | Mark, you got stuck with a tough century. | 马克 你不得不接受那样一个艰难的世纪 |
[14:43] | – No, no, I can make it work. – Mark. | -不 不 我会写好的 -马克 |
[14:46] | Just give it up. | 放弃吧 |
[14:47] | Nothing new is gonna have happened in the 1300s. | 14世纪没有什么新鲜事发生 |
[14:50] | At lecture films | 在讲座电影中 |
[14:51] | We just want to take the big-name readers of the day | 我们只想抓住当今知名读稿人的眼球 |
[14:54] | And have them read the stories that people know and love. | 让他们读些人们了解和喜欢的故事 |
[15:00] | I’m having… | 我有点 |
[15:02] | Can I… Do you mind if I… | 我能否 你是否介意如果我 |
[15:04] | I come back and do this tomorrow? | 我明天再回来告诉你这些 |
[15:06] | No, I just got nervous about firing you. | 解雇你让我很紧张 |
[15:07] | I just don’t do well with confrontation. | 这样当面说 我很难做到 |
[15:10] | Hey, maybe… Maybe if I just sleep on it. | 或者 那就把问题留到明天解决吧 |
[15:13] | Well, then I’ll be thinking, | 那样的话我就会想 |
[15:14] | “Will he fire me, won’t he fire me?” | 他会解雇我吗 不会解雇我吗 |
[15:16] | You’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[15:17] | I am fired, yeah? ‘Cause I sort of… | 我被解雇了 因为我有点 |
[15:29] | Mark, I woke up this morning, | 马克 今天早上我醒来 |
[15:30] | Sober, and realised that, | 很清醒 然后意识到 |
[15:31] | While I did enjoy your company, | 我昨天说喜欢你的公司 |
[15:33] | Based on your looks | 是基于你的相貌 |
[15:34] | Your financial situation and your position in life, | 你的资产和职位才那样说的 |
[15:36] | I have no interest in you romantically. | 我没兴趣跟你发展一段罗曼史 |
[15:38] | I’m just too far out of your league. Anna. | 你根本配不上我 安娜 |
[15:42] | Is that ’cause you just got fired? | 那是你被解雇的原因吗 |
[15:44] | And ’cause I just got an e-mail from a woman who… | 我只是刚收到的一位女士的电邮 |
[15:48] | Yeah, my favourite part was | 是的 我最喜欢的部分是 |
[15:49] | When she said it was based on your looks. | 她说那是基于你的相貌 |
[15:53] | You read my e-mail? | 你看了我的电邮 |
[15:54] | Yeah. Everyone’s read it. | 是的 大家都看了 |
[15:56] | It’s the best one you’ve had all year. | 是你一整年中收到的最好的一封 |
[15:58] | Not for me. | 不是给我的 |
[16:00] | I’m gonna get a snack. Do you want a snack? | 我要吃点心了 你要吗 |
[16:14] | So? | 然后呢 |
[16:15] | I loathed almost every minute that I worked for you. | 我厌恶为你工作的每一分钟 |
[16:20] | So, what are you gonna do now? | 你现在打算怎么办 |
[16:23] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:24] | But I don’t hold out much hope for the future. | 但我对未来不抱太大希望 |
[16:26] | I don’t have a lot of hope for you either | 我对你也没抱太大期望 |
[16:28] | But I wish you good luck. | 但还是要祝你好运 |
[16:29] | – Bye, Mark. – Bye, Shelley. | -再见 马克 -再见 雪莉 |
[16:31] | – Mark! – Yeah? | -马克 -什么事 |
[16:32] | – Do you mind if I talk to you for a second? – No. | -能跟我聊聊天吗 -好的 |
[16:34] | I heard the news they were firing you, huh? | 我听说你被解雇的事了 |
[16:36] | – That must be hard. – Yeah. | -一定很难过 -是的 |
[16:39] | Well, I just wanted to say good bye | 我只是想跟你道别 |
[16:40] | And I’ve always hated you. | 还有 我一直憎恨你 |
[16:42] | – You’ve always… – Hated you. | -你一直 -憎恨你 |
[16:44] | – I didn’t know that. – Yeah, a lot of people knew it. | -我一直都不知道 -但很多人知道 |
[16:47] | What, you told other people you hated me? | 什么 你告诉了其他人你憎恨我是吗 |
[16:49] | Yeah. I even turned some people against you. | 是的 我还让其他一些人也讨厌你了 |
[16:51] | Is that why you came over to talk to me? | 这就是你过来跟我说话的原因 |
[16:52] | To tell me you hated me? | 只为了告诉我你讨厌我吗 |
[16:53] | No, I came to say good bye to you, | 不 我是来跟你说再见的 |
[16:56] | And the rest of it just sort of happened on its own. | 其他的都是不经意就发生了 |
[16:57] | Came out, yeah, sure. | 碰巧 是的 当然 |
[16:59] | I always knew that the black plague | 我一直认为黑死病 |
[17:00] | Would never work as a movie. | 不能成为一部电影的主题 |
[17:03] | You’re an awful writer | 你是个糟糕的作家 |
[17:04] | Assigned to an awful century. | 分到了一个糟糕的世纪 |
[17:06] | And you’re a little man-bitch. | 你还有一点娘娘腔 |
[17:08] | Man-bitch. | 娘娘腔 |
[17:09] | But I’ve always been threatened by you | 但我一直感觉到你的威胁 |
[17:13] | Because there’s something about you that I don’t understand, | 因为有些你的事情我不明白 |
[17:16] | And I hate things that I don’t understand. | 我讨厌我不明白的事情 |
[17:18] | But you’ll always be a loser. | 但你永远都是个废物 |
[17:21] | And I’ll always be more successful than you in nearly every way, | 我在任何方面都比你更成功 |
[17:23] | And that’s just the way it is. | 就是这样 |
[17:25] | Oh, and shelley thinks you’re an overweight homosexual. | 雪莉还觉得你是个超肥的同性恋 |
[17:28] | – No, I never said that. – Thank you. | -不 我没说过 -谢谢 |
[17:30] | I said, “fat faggot”. | 我说的是 肥变态 |
[17:33] | “Fatty, fat faggot. “ | 超肥的变态男 |
[17:35] | I stand corrected. | 我改正一下 |
[17:36] | And I was upset with “overweight homosexual. “ | 超肥的同性恋已经让我很难过了 |
[17:37] | Doesn’t matter. Either way, you’re a dumpy little queer. | 没关系 怎么说你都是个矮胖的同性恋 |
[17:40] | Mark, try to enjoy your loser life. | 马克 努力享受你的悲剧人生吧 |
[17:45] | He’s awesome. | 他太帅了 |
[17:46] | Well, no. | 没觉得 |
[17:48] | Your opinion. Bye, shelley. | 这只是你的意见 再见 雪莉 |
[17:51] | I look forward to never seeing you. | 我很期待再也不用见你了 |
[18:05] | Mrs Johnson, you have got to take your medicine. | 约翰逊夫人 你必须得吃药 |
[18:13] | Are you here to abandon an elderly person? | 你是来遗弃老人的吗 |
[18:17] | I already have. | 我已经遗弃过了 |
[18:17] | Martha bellison, I’m her son. | 玛莎・贝里森 我是她儿子 |
[18:20] | Ooh, it’s good you’re here. She’s not doing well. | 你能来太好了 她近况不太好 |
[18:22] | You should say your final good byes today. | 你今天该去跟她永别了 |
[18:24] | Yeah. Someone says that to me every time I come here. | 每次我来这都有人这么说 |
[18:26] | She’s at the top of our death pool. | 她在我们的死亡名单上名列榜首 |
[18:37] | You look like my dead son! | 你跟我去世的儿子一个样 |
[18:39] | Each day is worse than the last. | 一天比一天更难过 |
[18:42] | I’m on pills that make everything orange! | 我吃了让所有东西都变成橙色的药 |
[18:54] | Oh, mum, this is so depressing. At least look out of the window. | 妈妈 这样太消沉了 起码看看窗外 |
[18:58] | Telly’s broken. | 电视坏了 |
[19:00] | It’s not broken. | 它没坏 |
[19:01] | You probably sat on the remote and changed the channel again. | 你可能又坐在遥控器上压得换台了 |
[19:03] | Yeah, you have, look. | 你看 的确是 |
[19:05] | Gotta put it on channel three for the satellite to work. | 要换到三频道接收卫星信号 |
[19:07] | I don’t understand anything you just said. | 我完全不懂你在说什么 |
[19:10] | That makes me scared and angry. | 这让我很害怕很生气 |
[19:14] | Lost my job today, mum. | 我今天失业了 妈 |
[19:15] | I’m in my 40s, and I’m alone with no prospects. | 我四十多了 单身并且前途惨淡 |
[19:19] | Things aren’t much better for me here. But could be worse. | 我这里过的也不怎么样 但还不算最糟 |
[19:24] | We could be homeless. | 我们也许会无家可归 |
[19:26] | Don’t you wish you could change things? | 你有没有幻想过如果自己能改变一些事情 |
[19:29] | Don’t you wish you weren’t such a loser? | 有没有幻想过自己不是如此失败 |
[19:33] | Well, I don’t think I’m a loser. | 我不觉得我是个失败者 |
[19:35] | You are, mum. Definitely. | 你很失败 妈 绝对的 |
[19:36] | We come from a long line of losers. It’s not your fault. | 我们一直都很失败 这不是你的错 |
[19:39] | You’re a… | 你是个 |
[19:41] | A loser. | 失败者 |
[19:43] | I love you, mark. | 我爱你 马克 |
[19:45] | I love you, too, mum. | 我也爱你 妈 |
[19:47] | Good luck with finding a job, eh? | 找工作好运 |
[19:50] | I’ll go. | 我走了 |
[19:58] | Shut up! | 别吵 |
[19:59] | Haven’t even got a job. | 我还没找到工作 |
[20:11] | I’m here for the rent. | 我来要房租 |
[20:13] | Yeah, I was gonna come and talk to you today. | 我今天准备要跟你谈的 |
[20:15] | I got fired yesterday. | 我昨天失业了 |
[20:15] | I know. That’s why I’m here for the rent. | 我知道 所以才来要房租 |
[20:19] | – Yeah, I haven’t got it. – How much do you have? | -我钱不够 -你有多少 |
[20:21] | I got about $300 left in my bank account. | 银行账户里还有300美元 |
[20:23] | The rent’s 800. | 房租是800美元 |
[20:25] | I know. I haven’t got that. | 我知道 我没有那么多 |
[20:26] | Then you’re evicted. | 那你必须搬走 |
[20:27] | You got one day to get your stuff out of here. | 给你一天时间收拾东西离开 |
[20:31] | Well, how am I gonna do that? | 我到底应该怎么办 |
[20:32] | You got $300. Rent a truck. | 你还有300美元 租辆卡车 |
[20:41] | What can I do for you today, sir? | 您需要什么 先生 |
[20:43] | Just been evicted from my apartment. | 我刚从公寓里被赶出来 |
[20:45] | So I have to withdraw whatever I’ve | 所以我得把我账户里 |
[20:47] | Got in my account to move my things out. | 所有钱都取走然后搬家 |
[20:49] | Think I have to close my account. | 看来我得注销我的账户了 |
[20:52] | Probably gonna be homeless. | 我可能就要无家可归了 |
[20:53] | Mark bellison. | 马克・贝里森 |
[20:55] | Unfortunately, sir, the system is down right now, | 不好意思 先生 现在系统故障了 |
[20:57] | So I’m not gonna be able to perform an account closure | 所以在它恢复以前 |
[20:58] | Until it’s back up. | 我无法给您注销账户 |
[21:01] | But I can help you with a withdrawal. | 但我能帮您取现金 |
[21:02] | How much would you like to withdraw today? | 您今天要取多少 |
[21:04] | – All of it. Whatever’s left. – The system is down, sir. | -所有的 -系统现在故障了 先生 |
[21:07] | Can you tell me how much is in your account? | 您能告诉我您账户里有多少钱吗 |
[21:12] | Sir? | 先生 |
[21:16] | $800. | 800美元 |
[21:23] | Sir? | 先生 |
[21:25] | – $800. – Pardon me? | -800美元 -多少 |
[21:27] | I have $800 in my account. | 我账户里有800美元 |
[21:30] | Oh! The system just came back up. | 系统刚刚恢复了 |
[21:33] | System seems to be back up, guys. | 系统恢复了 伙计们 |
[21:34] | Thanks, Jill. | 谢了 吉尔 |
[21:35] | Just a second while I access your account. | 我马上就能进入您的账户了 |
[21:36] | You said you were withdrawing 800, correct? | 您说您要取800 对吗 |
[21:39] | Wait a second. | 稍等 |
[21:41] | It says here that you only have $300 in your account, | 这显示您账户里只有300美元 |
[21:44] | But you said you wanted to withdraw 800? | 但您说您想取800是吗 |
[21:47] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[21:48] | I apologise, sir. | 很抱歉 先生 |
[21:49] | It seems our system has made a mistake. | 看起来我们的系统出现了错误 |
[21:52] | Let’s get you your $800. | 我帮您拿800美元 |
[21:52] | Did you want large bills or small? | 您想要整钱还是零钱 |
[21:55] | – Bills, large. – All right, here you go. | -整钱 -好的 给您 |
[21:58] | That’s 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, $800. | 一二三四五六七 800美元 |
[22:03] | Is there anything else I can do for you today, sir? | 还有什么能为您效劳吗 先生 |
[22:06] | Sorry for the inconvenience. | 抱歉给您添麻烦了 |
[22:40] | – What are you doing here? – Paying my rent. | -你来这干吗 -付房租 |
[23:00] | Today, I stumbled upon something that | 今天我无意中发现了 |
[23:03] | No man has ever stumbled on before. | 没人发现过的事情 |
[23:06] | What I’ve done, | 我干的事情 |
[23:06] | They’ll write about in history books for generations to come. | 人们会写进史书流传万代 |
[23:09] | And yet, moments ago, it was unfathomable, | 然而 就在刚才 它还是高深莫测的 |
[23:13] | Not only to myself but to mankind as a whole. | 不仅是对我自己而且对全人类而言 |
[23:15] | It’s hard to describe. | 它很难描述清楚 |
[23:17] | And it was as easy as… How do I explain this? | 它又简单的像 我该怎么解释呢 |
[23:21] | I said something that wasn’t. | 我说了些并不是事实的事情 |
[23:27] | I said something that wasn’t. I… | 我说了不是事实的事情 我 |
[23:32] | What’s the word for it? There is no word for it. | 用什么词能表达呢 没有能形容它的词 |
[23:34] | Of course there isn’t. I invented it. | 当然没有 这是我发明的 |
[23:38] | Watch this. Jim! | 看着 吉姆 |
[23:43] | What? | 什么事 |
[23:46] | My name is Doug. | 我的名字是道格 |
[23:50] | -Your name is doug? -Hi, Doug. | -你名字是道格吗 -你好 道格 |
[23:53] | That’s so weird I never knew your real name. | 太诡异了 我一直不知道你真名 |
[23:55] | Doug is good. It suits you. | 道格不错 很适合你 |
[23:59] | Come on! | 拜托 |
[24:01] | What’s my name? | 我叫什么名字 |
[24:02] | – It’s doug. – Doug. | -你叫道格 -道格 |
[24:03] | No, it’s not! It’s mark! | 不 不是 我叫马克 |
[24:06] | – Your name is mark? – Hi, mark. | -你叫马克 -你好 马克 |
[24:08] | – Mark suits you even better. – Marko. | -马克更适合你 -马克 |
[24:12] | Okay, you’re not getting it. | 好吧 你没理解 |
[24:14] | Marko. | 马克 |
[24:17] | – I’m black. – I knew it. | -我是黑人 -我就知道 |
[24:19] | You’re very light-skinned, but I can see it. | 你肤色很浅 但还是能看出来 |
[24:21] | – I always wanted a black friend. – Me, too. | -我一直想要有个黑人朋友 -我也是 |
[24:24] | I’m an eskimo. | 我是爱斯基摩人 |
[24:25] | Fantastic! | 太棒了 |
[24:26] | Yeah, I’ve never seen a black eskimo. | 是啊 我从没见过黑爱斯基摩人 |
[24:28] | I’m a pirate. | 我是个海盗 |
[24:29] | I didn’t know they still had those. | 我不知道现在居然还有海盗 |
[24:30] | Are you a dangerous pirate? | 你是个危险的海盗吗 |
[24:32] | I’m a lion tamer, and I’m wearing a wig. | 我是个驯兽师 并且我戴假发 |
[24:34] | Aren’t you scared you’ll get bitten one day? | 你不怕哪天被咬到吗 |
[24:36] | That’s a fantastic wig. | 你这假发太帅了 |
[24:37] | – I invented the bicycle. – I love your work. | -我发明了自行车 -我喜欢你的发明 |
[24:39] | Can I get a discount on a ten-speed? | 我买辆变速车能给我个折扣吗 |
[24:41] | I’m a one-armed German space explorer. | 我是个独臂的德国宇航员 |
[24:44] | When’s your launch date? | 什么时候启航 |
[24:47] | That’s a very lifelike prosthetic. | 这假肢看起来跟真的一样 |
[24:49] | This is incredible. | 真难以置信 |
[24:50] | Come on, let’s up the stakes a little bit. Come on. | 拜托 你们能不能认真一点 |
[24:53] | If you could make the world the way you wanted it to be, | 假如你可以让这个随心所欲的改变世界 |
[24:59] | What would you do? | 你会做什么 |
[25:00] | If you could change anything, if you could do anything, | 如果你可以改变任何事情 可以做任何事 |
[25:05] | What’s the first thing you’d do? | 你第一件事会做什么 |
[25:07] | If I could do anything? | 如果我能做任何事 |
[25:08] | Anything at all? | 什么事都可以吗 |
[25:10] | Anything at all. | 什么事都可以 |
[25:14] | I would touch girls’ boobs. | 我会摸女孩的胸 |
[25:17] | Yes. | 没错 |
[25:20] | And maybe have sex with them, too. | 也许还会跟他们做爱 |
[25:22] | Oh, agreed. That, too. | 同意 |
[25:26] | Okay. Let’s try that. | 好的 我们试试这个 |
[25:31] | – Where are you going? – Out. | -你要去哪 -外面 |
[25:51] | Don’t look at me. I’m not attracted to you. | 别看我 我对你没兴趣 |
[25:52] | No, listen. | 不 听着 |
[25:53] | Don’t bother. I’ve heard it all before. | 别费心了 我早就听过了 |
[25:55] | The world’s gonna end unless we have sex right now! | 如果你不马上和我做爱世界就会毁灭 |
[26:01] | Do we have time to get to a motel, | 我们还有时间去旅馆吗 |
[26:03] | Or do we need to do it right here? | 还是就在这 |
[26:09] | Motel. | 旅馆 |
[26:14] | Help me get my dress off. | 帮我把衣服脱掉 |
[26:15] | Hold on, wait, wait. Let’s get to know each other first. | 等下 等等 我们先了解一下彼此 |
[26:17] | No! We have to have sex. The world is going to end! | 不 我们必须赶紧做爱 世界就要毁灭了 |
[26:19] | I don’t even know your… | 我都不知道你的 |
[26:21] | Think of the children! Think of the little babies. | 想想那些孩子 想想那些婴儿 |
[26:22] | Let’s have a drink. You look like you’d like a… | 我们喝一杯吧 你想要点 |
[26:25] | $10 for a beer. That is… | 10美元一杯啤酒 这简直 |
[26:27] | Don’t you understand? | 你还不明白吗 |
[26:28] | – We are all going to die! – This isn’t right. | -我们就要死了 -这样不好 |
[26:30] | Well, of course this isn’t right, the world is going to end! | 这当然不好 世界末日就要到了 |
[26:32] | We have to have sex right now! | 我们必须立刻做爱 |
[26:33] | Oh, hold on. Hi, NASA. Yeah, it’s me. | 等一下 美国航天局吗 是我 |
[26:38] | I’ll let her know. That is good news. | 我会告诉她 真是个好消息 |
[26:41] | -Now. -Thank you. | -快点 -谢谢 |
[26:43] | World’s not gonna end. We don’t have to… | 世界不会毁灭了 我们不必 |
[26:44] | – We’re gonna live! – Sex. | -我们不会死了 -做爱了 |
[26:47] | We’re gonna live! | 我们可以继续活下去了 |
[26:49] | Thank you! Oh, thank you! | 谢谢 哦 谢谢 |
[26:55] | – I’ve gotta go. – Can’t you stay? | -我要走了 -你不能再待一会吗 |
[26:57] | We’ve been through so much together. | 我们一起经历了这么多 |
[27:08] | Well, that was one of the worst experiences of my life. | 这是我人生中最糟糕的经历 |
[27:12] | Did you invent a new kind of bike? | 你发明了一种新的自行车吗 |
[27:15] | What else would you do? If you could do anything. | 你还会做什么 如果你可以做任何事 |
[27:19] | – Boob. – No, we’ve done boobs. | -胸部 -不 不要胸部 |
[27:22] | What’s the next thing you’d do? | 你们还会做什么事情 |
[27:26] | Well, what would you do? | 那你会做什么事呢 |
[27:31] | I’d get money. | 我要钱 |
[27:35] | I’d get all the money. | 我要所有的钱 |
[27:38] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[27:40] | – Where are we going? – On a trip. | -我们去哪 -旅行 |
[27:42] | I’ll drive. | 我开车 |
[27:47] | I shouldn’t be driving. | 我不应该开车的 |
[27:49] | But I don’t care. I’m trying to hit bottom. | 但我不在乎 我要颓废到底 |
[27:54] | Here comes bottom. Pull over. | 你的底来了 靠边 |
[27:57] | Just stop. | 停车 |
[28:02] | All right, do me a favour. Let me do the talking, okay? | 帮个忙 让我来谈 好吗 |
[28:05] | I think I’m gonna puke. | 我觉得我要吐了 |
[28:07] | Do not puke in front of an officer of the law. | 不要在个警察面前吐 |
[28:08] | Don’t tell me not to puke ’cause that’ll make me puke more. | 我跟我说不要吐 让我更想吐了 |
[28:12] | Hello, officer. How are you? | 你好 警官 你好吗 |
[28:15] | Well, I’m relieved you’re not a couple of black guys. | 看到你俩不是黑人让我松了口气 |
[28:19] | There’s a much higher probability that I’d be jumpy, | 否则我很可能会变的神经质 |
[28:21] | Shoot you without provocation, and then I could lose my weapon. | 没来由的开枪 然后被解除职务 |
[28:24] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[28:25] | -I don’t want to go to jail. -He doesn’t want to go to jail. | -我不想进监狱 -他不想进监狱 |
[28:28] | Have you been drinking and operating this motor vehicle? | 你是否喝了酒并且正在驾驶这辆车 |
[28:30] | Yeah, a lot of drink. | 是的 喝了很多 |
[28:31] | Well, then you’re probably going to jail. | 那你很可能要进监狱了 |
[28:33] | I’m gonna need you to breathe into this for me. | 请你对着这个吹气 |
[28:34] | Officer, you don’t need to do that. | 警官 你没必要这么做的 |
[28:36] | I’m gonna say that, judging by the look of this car, | 我得说 从你们的车来看 |
[28:38] | You can’t afford my bribe. | 你们没那么多钱来贿赂我 |
[28:39] | Why? How much do you charge? | 为什么 你要多少 |
[28:41] | 5,400. | 5400美元 |
[28:43] | That’s a lot. | 这么多 |
[28:44] | That’s too much, I think. Why so high? | 太多了 为什么收这么多 |
[28:46] | I have an expensive cocaine habit. | 我有抽可卡因的习惯 |
[28:49] | But, you know, it’s more than that. | 但 其实不止这个原因 |
[28:51] | I feel like when I set the price up higher, | 我觉得如果把价格定的更高的话 |
[28:53] | It takes it out of the realm of petty crime | 犯小错的人就不会给我钱了 |
[28:56] | And helps me preserve my sense of personal integrity. | 而且这样还有助于保持我公正的性格 |
[28:58] | Sort of feeling of self worth if you’re… Yeah. | 有点自大 是的 |
[29:00] | Well, it was nice chatting with you. | 很高兴跟你聊天 |
[29:02] | Anywho, I’m still gonna need you to breathe into this for me. | 好吧 你还是得冲着这个吹气 |
[29:05] | You’re gonna wanna blow, not suck there. | 用吹的 不是吸 |
[29:17] | Oh, yeah. That’s pretty much off the chart. You’re drunk. | 没错 已经超标了 你喝醉了 |
[29:20] | You’re going to jail. Step out of the vehicle. | 你会进监狱的 从车里出来 |
[29:22] | I don’t want to. | 我不想 |
[29:23] | Sir, I’m gonna ask you to exit the vehicle one more time. | 先生 我再次请你从车里出来 |
[29:26] | -Might as well. -I can’t. | -出去吧 -我不能 |
[29:27] | All right! That’s it! Get out of the car! Come on out here! | 够了 从车里出来 给我过来 |
[29:30] | You’re drunk! | 你喝醉了 |
[29:33] | -You should be ashamed of yourself! -Officer. | -你该感到羞耻 -警官 |
[29:35] | I’m gonna think about this later. | 我一会再想这个问题 |
[29:36] | Officer. Listen, no, no, no! | 警官 听着 不 不 不 |
[29:39] | Sir, please get back in the car! | 先生 请回到车里去 |
[29:39] | Listen to what I’ve got to say. | 听我说 |
[29:42] | He’s not drunk. | 他没喝醉 |
[29:46] | I’ve made a terrible mistake. | 我犯了个严重的错误 |
[29:48] | I do this sometimes. I get a little… | 我有时候会这样 我有点 |
[29:51] | It’s the adrenaline. | 是肾上腺素的作用 |
[29:52] | Well, actually, it arouses me. | 实际上 它能刺激我 |
[29:55] | Sexually? | 性方面吗 |
[29:57] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[29:59] | Please. Please let me help you. | 请 请让我帮您 |
[30:01] | Can you forgive me? Did you eat something? | 您能原谅我吗 您是吃了什么吗 |
[30:04] | Is it food poisoning? | 是不是食物中毒了 |
[30:05] | – You’ll drive? – Yeah. Good idea. Thank you. | -你来开车吧 -当然 好主意 谢谢 |
[30:08] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[30:11] | That was awesome. | 太棒了 |
[30:13] | – Stop laughing. I’m gonna be sick. – You’re gonna be fine. | -别笑了 我恶心 -你会没事的 |
[30:15] | Oh, good. | 那就好 |
[30:17] | – Where are we going? – To get rich. | -我们去哪 -去发财 |
[30:32] | What are we doing here? We don’t have any money to throw away. | 我们来这干吗 我们没有钱去打水漂 |
[30:34] | We’re not gonna throw it away. | 我们不会打水漂的 |
[30:36] | – Good luck. – Thank you. | -祝你好运 -谢谢 |
[30:40] | Chips, please. | 我想换筹码 |
[30:42] | There’s a very good chance you’ll lose | 你们今晚很可能会 |
[30:43] | All this money here tonight. | 输光所有的钱 |
[30:44] | – I know. – And even if you happen to win, | -我知道 -即使你凑巧赢了 |
[30:46] | There’s an even better chance that, | 更大的可能是 |
[30:47] | In the long run, we’ll win it back. | 我们会把它再赢回来 |
[30:49] | – I know. – Some of the games are fixed, | -我知道 -有些游戏是做过了手脚的 |
[30:51] | – Like the ones that use computers. – I know. | -比如用电脑的游戏 -我知道 |
[30:53] | – Good luck. – Thank you. | -好运 -谢谢 |
[31:02] | – Hi, guys. – Hi. | -你们好 伙计们 -你好 |
[31:03] | If I could be a stripper, I would, | 如果能去当脱衣舞娘我肯定会去的 |
[31:06] | But I’m not attractive enough. Drinks? | 但我长的不够好看 要饮料吗 |
[31:07] | We’ll have two beers, | 来两杯啤酒 |
[31:08] | And we’ll take them over there at the roulette table. | 送到那边的轮盘机那 |
[31:11] | – Cheers. – Come on, | -加油 -拜托 |
[31:12] | Roulette’s the stupidest game of all. It’s all chance. | 轮盘机是最蠢的游戏了 只能靠运气 |
[31:14] | There’s no skill whatsoever. | 一点技术含量都没有 |
[31:15] | It’s all right, I’m feeling lucky. | 没关系 我感觉自己的运气不错 |
[31:17] | – You’ve never had a lucky day in your life. – Just watch. | -你这辈子运气就没好过 -看着吧 |
[31:19] | Get your bets in. Get your bets in. | 请下注 请下注 |
[31:22] | The house always wins in the long run. | 赌场是永远的赢家 |
[31:25] | Because of the zeroes on the board, | 因为赌桌上的这些零 |
[31:27] | Every bet is slightly favoured towards the house. | 每个赌注都更倾向于赌场获胜 |
[31:32] | 35 black. No one wins. | 黑35 没有赢家 |
[31:34] | Look at that unusual thing, I’ve never… | 看那个奇怪的东西 我从没 |
[31:38] | It’s gone now. I’m on 35 black, by the way. | 它消失了 我赌的是黑35 |
[31:45] | We have a winner. | 我们有一位赢家 |
[31:47] | Good job! | 干的好 |
[31:49] | Congratulations, sir. | 祝贺你 先生 |
[31:50] | I just won the major jackpot on that machine, | 我刚在那个机器上赢了大奖 |
[31:52] | But no money came out. | 但没有钱出来 |
[31:54] | Oh, I’m sorry about that, sir. | 很抱歉 先生 |
[31:56] | Let me get that fixed for you. | 我来帮您修好 |
[31:57] | And can I say congratulations, sir? | 同时祝贺您 先生 |
[32:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:02] | We’ve got a major winner here. Would you open up the vault? | 我这有位大赢家 帮我打开金库 |
[32:08] | This is the most amazing night of my entire life. | 这是我这辈子最棒的一晚了 |
[32:11] | Think how amazing it would be if you didn’t smell of vomit. | 如果你身上没有呕吐物的味道就更棒了 |
[32:13] | I know. | 我知道 |
[32:26] | Mark, how’s it going? | 马克 过的好吗 |
[32:29] | Good. | 很好 |
[32:33] | How’s it going with you? | 你怎么样 |
[32:35] | Pretty awful. | 非常糟糕 |
[32:37] | I was up last night researching on the internet, | 我昨晚一整夜都在网上搜索 |
[32:40] | Like, suffocation suicide. | 比如 窒息自杀 |
[32:44] | I think that’s what I’m gonna do tonight. | 我今晚就准备这么干 |
[32:48] | Later. | 回头见 |
[32:51] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[32:55] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[32:56] | Don’t do that. | 别那样做 |
[33:00] | Why? I mean… | 为什么 我的意思是 |
[33:02] | You know, I’m miserable. I don’t think anyone would care. | 我太悲惨了 没有人在乎我 |
[33:05] | I’ll care. | 我在乎 |
[33:07] | But you’re a loser, which doesn’t really count. | 但你是个废物 这不能算 |
[33:09] | Things are gonna be okay. | 一切都会好起来的 |
[33:13] | They are? | 真的吗 |
[33:14] | Yeah. You’re gonna meet someone. | 嗯 你会遇到真爱的 |
[33:16] | You’re gonna be happy. | 你会很幸福 |
[33:23] | I shouldn’t kill myself? | 那么说我不应该自杀 |
[33:24] | Definitely not. | 当然不应该 |
[33:29] | Okay, so I don’t need to kill myself. | 那我 那我用不着自杀了 |
[33:33] | Wow! I thought… | 我一直觉得 |
[33:35] | I thought that like… That suffocation idea, | 我觉得那个 那个窒息自杀的主意 |
[33:39] | I thought that was like a really good idea, you know? | 其实也是不错的主意 |
[33:41] | It wasn’t. | 不 它很糟 |
[33:46] | My night’s opened up. | 我明白今晚该干什么了 |
[33:49] | Do you wanna hang out or something? | 想出去走走吗还是别的什么 |
[33:51] | Oh, not really. | 还是算了 |
[33:53] | It’s all right. It’s okay. | 那好吧 没事儿 |
[33:55] | No! Good idea. | 不不 我改主意了 |
[33:59] | Let’s hang out. I’ll see you tonight. | 我们去喝一杯吧 晚上见 |
[34:02] | I’ll see you tonight. | 晚上见 |
[34:05] | Cool, okay. | 太棒了 很好 |
[36:04] | Hello, this is Anna. | 你好 我是安娜 |
[36:05] | Hi, it’s Mark. | 我是马克 |
[36:06] | Oh! Hi, Mark. Didn’t you get my e-mail? | 你好啊马克 你没收到我的电子邮件吗 |
[36:09] | The one about not being good enough for you? | 你认为我配不上你的那封吗 |
[36:11] | That’s the one. | 就是那封 |
[36:12] | Yeah, got that, cheers. | 嗯 收到了 谢谢 |
[36:14] | Listen, the reason I’m calling is | 我打电话给你 |
[36:15] | I want to ask you out on another date. | 是想再约你出来一次 |
[36:20] | Why would you do that? | 为什么要约我呢 |
[36:21] | Well, I found out I can pretty much | 我想我现在生活 |
[36:23] | Have my life the way I want it. | 已经顺风顺水了 |
[36:26] | Congratulations! I gotta go. | 那恭喜你了 我得挂了 |
[36:28] | No, wait. | 不 等等 |
[36:29] | Listen, I know you said | 我知道你说过 |
[36:30] | You didn’t wanna go on another date with me, ever, | 再也不想和我约会了 |
[36:33] | But I’m different now. I think I’m in your league. | 可我现在不同了 我想我配得上你了 |
[36:38] | Are you better looking? | 你变帅了吗 |
[36:39] | No. More powerful. I think you have to see it for yourself. | 不 比帅更强 你还是亲眼来看看吧 |
[36:43] | Have you been to the gym? | 你去健身了吗 |
[36:44] | No. I joined a gym, but just… Things have changed for me. | 没有 虽然我的确去过 只是 今时不同往日了 |
[36:50] | I think you’ll hardly recognise me. | 我想你可能都认不出我了 |
[36:51] | Did you buy new clothes? | 你买新衣服了吗 |
[36:52] | No. Sorry, can we just meet up? It’d be best. | 不不 我们不能见面说吗 那样最理想 |
[36:55] | You did admit yourself that, you know, we got on. | 你自己也感觉到了 我们之间已经有火花了 |
[36:59] | If you had an okay time, then please say yes. | 看你什么时间方便 求你了 |
[37:04] | I’m just asking for one teensy, weensy little date. | 我仅仅是想再约你出来一次 |
[37:10] | Okay, fine. | 那好吧 可以 |
[37:12] | Fantastic. | 太棒了 |
[37:15] | I’ll pick you up tomorrow, about 8:00? | 明天我来接你 八点怎么样 |
[37:18] | Most likely, though, | 可你要明白 |
[37:19] | This will be our last date, so just know that. | 这是我们最后一次约会了 |
[37:22] | Yeah. Great. | 好 没问题 |
[37:24] | Okay. Bye! | 好的 再见 |
[37:26] | Bye! | 明天见 |
[37:27] | Hang up, Mark. | 我要挂了 马克 |
[37:29] | Bye. | 再见 |
[37:35] | Male narrator….. Proudly presents the industrial revolution. | 旁白 带来工业革命的介绍 |
[37:38] | Hello, I’m Angelo Badsmith. | 大家好 我是安格鲁・巴德史密斯 |
[37:41] | Come, watch me read about the exciting events | 欢迎您继续收听由我为您讲述 |
[37:44] | That took place during the industrial revolution, | 工业革命时期发生的那些令人兴奋的事件 |
[37:47] | Written by the most beloved and | 该剧本由最受人爱戴 |
[37:49] | Esteemed screenwriter of his generation, | 以及受人尊敬的编剧 |
[37:52] | Brad kessler. | 布拉德・凯斯勒为您奉献 |
[37:54] | I don’t think anyone can write | 我认为没有人可以写出 |
[37:55] | A better screenplay than Brad Kessler. | 超越他的剧本 |
[38:03] | No? | 谁说没有 |
[38:30] | Did you come to beg for your job back? | 你想求老板再让你工作吗 |
[38:33] | Everybody!! | 伙计们 |
[38:34] | That’s the loser that thought the black plague | 那蠢货居然认为黑死病 |
[38:36] | Would make an interesting film. | 也能拍出一部好电影 |
[38:37] | Hey! good luck, douche bag. | 祝你好运 蠢货 |
[38:42] | – You can’t go in there. – I’ve got an appointment. | -你不能进去 -我预约过了 |
[38:44] | Oh, then go right in. | 那请进吧 |
[38:47] | Talk to you later. | 过会儿再和你说 |
[38:50] | Hi. That was the head of the studio. | 你好 刚才是电影公司的老板 |
[38:56] | Why are you here? | 你怎么来了 |
[38:58] | Well, when you fired me, I was seriously depressed. | 被炒了之后 我非常的沮丧 |
[39:04] | – I knew it. – But… | -我一猜就是 -可是 |
[39:06] | I went for a walk, right out of town. | 之后我出去散心 就在城外 |
[39:09] | And I came across a desert, | 我走进了一片沙漠 |
[39:11] | And I fell asleep under a tree, palm tree. | 在一棵棕榈树下睡着了 |
[39:14] | I don’t do well with other people’s life-changing stories. | 我对这类人生改变的故事不感兴趣 |
[39:17] | And then when I woke up, | 醒来之后 |
[39:18] | I saw like a thing sticking out of the sand. | 我看到砂地里好像有什么东西 |
[39:22] | And I unearthed it, and it was an ancient chest. | 挖出来之后我发现是一个宝箱 |
[39:26] | Really old. Seven hundred years old. | 年代很久远 大约有七百年了 |
[39:29] | And in that chest was this. | 随后我在宝箱里发现了这个 |
[39:33] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[39:34] | It’s a never-before-heard event from history. | 这是一段没有任何人听过的历史事件 |
[39:38] | When does it take place? | 什么时候发生的 |
[39:40] | 1300s. | 十三世纪 |
[39:41] | Oh, come on, no, Mark! | 不会吧 马克 |
[39:43] | Mark, I’ve already told you, | 要我说多少遍才行 |
[39:44] | We don’t do black plague movies here! | 我们不拍黑死病 |
[39:47] | It’s not about the black plague! | 不是黑死病 |
[39:48] | It’s not just about the black plague. | 不仅仅是黑死病的故事 |
[39:51] | It’s about… Can I just read it, please? | 它是 我只读一下 好吗 |
[39:54] | Get excited. Don’t tap, get excited. | 活跃点 别那么消极 活跃一些 |
[39:57] | Get very excited, | 你听了一定会非常激动的 |
[39:58] | Because this is one of the best discoveries | 这是迄今为止人类 |
[40:05] | Man has ever discovered. | 最伟大的发现 |
[40:08] | And you can be part of it. | 你也可以成为其中的一部分 |
[40:10] | Yes, but is there a movie there? | 很好 但真能拍成电影吗 |
[40:12] | The greatest movie lecture films has ever made. | 一定能成为最棒的讲座电影 |
[40:18] | Start reading. | 读来听听 |
[40:22] | “On the very first day of the 14th century, | 在14世纪的第一天 |
[40:23] | A momentous occasion occurred. | 发生了一件重大的事 |
[40:27] | “It began like any other day. The sunrose, babies began to cry. | 生活如往日一样 太阳升起 孩子开始啼哭 |
[40:33] | “But all of that was interrupted when a giant, flying spaceship | 可一切突然被打断了 一艘巨大的飞船 |
[40:37] | Crashed down from the skies and landed in the heart of Babylon. | 在巴比伦的中央从天而降 |
[40:42] | What? | 什么 |
[40:47] | Uh… Get everyone in here, right now. We got a big one. | 通知所有人立刻来我这儿 我们有猛料了 |
[40:50] | Oh, please, Mark, continue. | 快快 马克 继续吧 |
[40:56] | “The ninja army unleashed a giant fireball | 忍者军队施放了一枚大火球 |
[40:59] | “And brought the robot dinosaur to its knees, saving mars, earth | 并骑乘着机械恐龙来保护火星和地球 |
[41:04] | “And the nude amazonian alien women, all in one sweeping motion. | 赤裸亚马逊外星女战士一齐挥舞致敬 |
[41:08] | “The earth was saved. | 地球得救了 |
[41:10] | “Jebediah and Aleena were allowed to marry | 外星人的人国王威格勒允许 |
[41:12] | By alien king Wanglor. | 约比达同阿联娜结婚 |
[41:14] | “It was to be the first | 这是史上第一例 |
[41:16] | Human nude amazonian alien woman wedding, | 与赤裸亚马逊外星女性的婚姻 |
[41:18] | “And no expense would be spared. | 婚礼相当奢华 |
[41:20] | “All of babylon and mars were invited to join the celebrations. | 所有的巴比伦人和火星人都受邀参加婚礼 |
[41:24] | “The wedding was held on a brisk summer’s day on mars. | 在一个凉爽的夏天 婚礼在火星举行 |
[41:27] | “And all of the survivors of the great ninja war | 包括忍者圣战中所有的幸存者 |
[41:29] | “And the black plague were present. | 黑死病也就在那个时候开始蔓延 |
[41:30] | “They feasted and danced and laughed, | 婚宴上人们欢声笑语 |
[41:33] | And it was a joyous occasion. | 一片祥和 |
[41:35] | “The moment the bride and groom kissed, | 就在新浪和新娘接吻的一刻 |
[41:37] | “king wanglor performed a mind-wipe on all the humans, | 国王威格勒施法抹去了所有人的记忆 |
[41:40] | “Thereby erasing all knowledge of | 于是这段历史 |
[41:42] | These events for about 700 years, | 尘封了700年 |
[41:44] | “Until one day, a great writer by the name of mark bellison | 直到有天一个伟大的编剧马克・贝里森 |
[41:48] | “Would stumble across them in the desert | 在被他糟糕的老板安东尼炒掉后 |
[41:49] | After being fired by his crap boss, Anthony, | 在沙漠中再次遇见它 |
[41:55] | “And mocked by brad and shelley, two huge douche bags. | 却遭到布拉德和雪莉两个蠢货的嘲笑 |
[42:01] | “Lecture films would go on to make the picture, | 讲座电影将继续拍摄 |
[42:03] | And it’d be a huge success. | 并且大获成功 |
[42:06] | “And mark would become very wealthy and famous from it. “ | 而马克则会因此而飞黄腾达 |
[42:22] | What are you gonna call this, mark? | 你打算怎么命名这部电影呢 |
[42:27] | The black plague. | 黑死病 |
[42:31] | I want you to start immediately ’cause I think this could be | 听着 你马上就开始准备这部电影 |
[42:34] | The best screen play ever written. | 这肯定会成为迄今为止最优秀的剧本 |
[42:36] | Oh, it will. | 当然了 |
[42:38] | It will be the best screen play ever written by anyone. | 它会成为最棒的电影剧本的 |
[42:52] | Well… | 我说 |
[42:55] | I guess congratulations on selling your script today. | 恭喜你 你的剧本终于有人接受了 |
[42:57] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[43:01] | Tell me something about your family. | 跟我说说你家里的情况吧 |
[43:04] | I don’t know that much about you. | 我还不怎么了解你呢 |
[43:06] | We’re sort of what you’d call unlucky. | 我的家庭可以用不幸来形容 |
[43:09] | My dad was an alcoholic. | 我父亲是个酒鬼 |
[43:10] | Sad. | 太糟了 |
[43:12] | Drinking got to a point where he lost his job, | 酗酒甚至让他丢了自己的工作 |
[43:13] | And with a family to support, | 为了养家糊口 |
[43:16] | He had no choice but to turn to a life of crime. | 他只好铤而走险去犯罪 |
[43:18] | What kind of crime? | 他犯了什么罪 |
[43:20] | Burglary. Houses, mainly. | 差不多算入室抢劫 |
[43:30] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干嘛 |
[43:31] | It’s monday at noon. You’re not supposed to be at home now. | 现在是星期一中午 你不该在家的 |
[43:33] | If you must know, I’m incredibly stressed at work. | 真想知道吗 我已经被工作搞得不堪重负 |
[43:35] | I’ve come home early. I’m having a bit of me time. | 我比你先到一步 正享受生活呢 |
[43:37] | More importantly, what are you doing? | 更重要的是 你来干什么 |
[43:39] | Well, I was gonna rob your house. | 当然是来入室抢劫啊 |
[43:41] | I don’t like that idea. Not a fan of that at all. | 我不喜欢那个主意 一点都不喜欢 |
[43:42] | Well, I’m not gonna do it now because you’re in. | 但我现在不会这么做 因为你在家 |
[43:44] | And do you know what’s gonna happen? | 你知道会怎样吗 |
[43:45] | I’m gonna call the police, you’re gonna be arrested. | 我马上报警 你一会儿就会被捕 |
[43:47] | Well, I’m just gonna leave, and you don’t know my name. | 我马上就走 而且你不知道我叫什么 |
[43:48] | – What is your name? – Richard Bellison. | -那你叫什么呢 -理查德・贝里森 |
[43:50] | Good to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[43:51] | You’ve got two options. | 你现在有两条路可选 |
[43:52] | Option one, I send the police to your house, right? | 第一 我让警察去你家逮你 |
[43:54] | Arrest you there, embarrass you in front of your neighbours. | 当着邻居们的面让你难堪 |
[43:57] | Or option two, you just come in and wait for the police here. | 或者你可以别走 等到警察来为止 |
[43:59] | – No, I’ll wait. – Yeah? | -我选第二个 -真的吗 |
[44:02] | Come on in then. Do you want a cup of tea? | 进来吧 要喝茶吗 |
[44:04] | Yeah, that’d be great. | 当然 |
[44:04] | He spent the last years of his life in jail. | 最后他在监狱里渡过了余生 |
[44:07] | I never really knew him. | 我不怎么了解他 |
[44:08] | But I’ve been blessed with some luck as well in my life. | 可我的生活倒是挺走运的 |
[44:13] | I had a wonderful mother who raised me. | 我的母亲很贤良 把我养大 |
[44:15] | – Oh, that’s sweet. – She’s great. | -真不错 -她很棒 |
[44:17] | Where is she? | 她现在在哪儿 |
[44:19] | At an old people’s home. | 在养老院 |
[44:21] | But I’m gonna get her out of there tomorrow. | 我打算明天把她接出来 |
[44:26] | I’m gonna get her a mansion, | 我想给她买栋公寓 |
[44:27] | So she can spend the rest of her life in luxury. | 好让她安享晚年 |
[44:29] | That’s nice. | 你真孝顺 |
[44:32] | – Compliments from the chef. – Thank you. | -这是主厨给你们的 -谢谢 |
[44:34] | I don’t know what’s wrong with him today, | 我不清楚他今天是怎么了 |
[44:35] | But these just look awful. | 反正这些菜实在不怎么样 |
[44:36] | They look fine to me. | 我觉得挺好的 |
[44:37] | Well, you’re stupid. | 那你就是个笨蛋 |
[44:45] | I was thinking. | 我在想 |
[44:47] | Now I’m obviously rich and successful and… | 既然我现在已经富有而且成功了 |
[44:51] | Maybe I’m in your league and that | 或许我们现在能 |
[44:53] | We could be together, romantically. | 开始恋爱了吧 |
[44:59] | What would be the point? | 凭什么 |
[45:03] | We might enjoy it. | 我们在一起会很开心 |
[45:07] | Well, I do like you and I do enjoy your company. | 我承认自己喜欢你而且和你在一起很开心 |
[45:11] | And if we were to get together and procreate, | 而且如果我们在一起养育后代的话 |
[45:13] | I would like the offspring | 我很希望 |
[45:15] | That are carrying half my genetic code | 携带我的基因的后代 |
[45:17] | To be well taken care of, financially stable. | 能得到良好的照顾 家庭有稳定的收入 |
[45:20] | I also think you’d make a good father and a good husband, | 我也相信你会是一个好父亲 |
[45:23] | Which I like. | 好丈夫 我喜欢你这点 |
[45:24] | Fantastic. | 太妙了 |
[45:27] | Unfortunately, none of that changes the fact | 可不幸的是 这些都不足以改变现状 |
[45:29] | That you’d still be contributing | 那就是孩子的另一半基因 |
[45:31] | Half the genetic code to our children. | 依然来自于你 |
[45:36] | I don’t want little fat kids with snub noses. | 我不想看到我的孩子也一样的肥胖 一样的塌鼻梁 |
[45:41] | Sure. | 好吧 |
[45:46] | Sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[45:48] | Hello? Speaking. | 你好 |
[45:52] | She what? | 她怎么了 |
[45:55] | Mum? | 妈妈 |
[45:57] | They just called me. What’s going on? | 他们刚打电话给我 怎么了 |
[46:00] | They said I’m probably gonna die tonight. | 他们说我今晚可能会死 |
[46:03] | What? | 什么 |
[46:05] | Hello, there. I was just coming in to check on her. | 你好 我刚要给她做检查 |
[46:07] | You must be martha’s son. | 你一定是玛莎的儿子 |
[46:08] | What do you mean, she’s gonna die tonight? | 她说她今晚会死是什么意思 |
[46:10] | It does not look very good. She suffered a major heart attack. | 她情况不好 心脏病刚刚发作 |
[46:13] | Her heart is very weak. Her pulse is not very strong. | 她的心脏和脉搏都很微弱 |
[46:16] | Her blood pressure is dropping rapidly, | 血压也降的很快 |
[46:19] | And she will probably suffer | 因此她今晚很可能面临 |
[46:21] | A fatal heart attack sometime tonight. | 一次致命心脏病发作 |
[46:24] | Yes. Still going to die. | 没错 很可能会死 |
[46:30] | Side note, | 顺便说下 |
[46:32] | It’s fajita night downstairs in the cafeteria, | 楼下的餐厅有法基塔之夜活动 |
[46:36] | So you might wanna grab yourself | 你在你母亲过世之后 |
[46:38] | A little bite down there after mom dies. | 你可以去尝尝 |
[46:40] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[46:47] | I’m so scared, Mark. | 我很害怕马克 |
[46:50] | People don’t talk about it, but death is a horrible thing. | 尽管人们不愿去谈 可死亡真的很可怕 |
[46:56] | One minute, you’re alive, | 一分钟前你还活着 |
[47:00] | And then just like that, it’s all gone. | 可一切都在转瞬间消失 |
[47:05] | This is it, Mark. | 就这么简单 马克 |
[47:08] | Few more hours like this and then | 几个小时之后 |
[47:15] | An eternity of nothingness. | 我就要面对永恒的虚无了 |
[47:23] | Nurse! | 护士 |
[47:29] | Her vitals are dropping. | 她的心跳在变弱 |
[47:32] | I’m so… I’m so frightened. | 我 我很害怕 |
[47:37] | Oh, mum. | 妈妈 |
[47:46] | Mum, listen to me. | 妈妈 听我说 |
[47:49] | Listen carefully. | 仔细听我说 |
[47:51] | You’re wrong about what happens after you die. | 你对于死后的看法是错的 |
[47:57] | It’s not an eternity of nothingness. | 不会是永恒的虚无 |
[47:59] | Huh? | 什么 |
[48:01] | You go to your favourite place in the whole world. | 你会去周游全世界 去你最喜欢的地方 |
[48:05] | Yeah. | 就是那样 |
[48:05] | And everyone you’ve ever loved and | 那些你爱的爱你的人 |
[48:08] | Who’s ever loved you will be there. | 都会在那里 |
[48:11] | And you’ll be young again. | 而你又会回到年轻的时候 |
[48:12] | You’ll run and jump like you used to and dance. | 像以前一样又跑又跳 一样的跳舞 |
[48:16] | You used to dance. | 你原来不是常跳舞吗 |
[48:21] | There’s no pain. | 那里没有痛苦 |
[48:28] | Just love. | 只有爱 |
[48:33] | Happiness. | 还有幸福 |
[48:35] | And everyone gets a mansion. | 人人都有自己的公寓 |
[48:39] | And it lasts for an eternity. An eternity, mum. | 那才是你将看到的永恒 妈妈 |
[48:48] | Say hello to dad for me. | 替我向爸爸问好 |
[48:51] | Tell him I love him. | 告诉他我爱他 |
[49:00] | – Go on. – What else happens? | -继续 -还会有什么 |
[49:03] | Mum. | 妈妈 |
[49:05] | I’m gonna see my mother again when I die. | 那我死后就能再见到我母亲了 |
[49:08] | Will you tell us more, please? | 你还知道些什么 请告诉我们 |
[51:44] | Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. | 借过 借过 借过 |
[51:50] | There he is! That’s him! | 他在那儿 就是他 |
[51:54] | Is there only one place you go when you die? | 每个人死后都只有一个地方可去吗 |
[51:56] | Will everyone who has ever died be there? | 每个人都会去那儿吗 |
[51:58] | What’s this place called? | 那地方叫什么名字 |
[51:59] | Will I get to have sex with people there? | 在那里我还能和人做爱吗 |
[52:01] | Are there shopping malls? | 有没有商场 |
[52:02] | What about smoking? Can we smoke up there? | 抽烟呢 我们在那儿能抽烟吗 |
[52:08] | They’re saying you know something | 人们都说你知道 |
[52:09] | Different about what happens after you die. | 人死后会发生什么的真实情况 |
[52:13] | Twenty four hours ago, mark bellison was | 一天前马克・贝里森还只是个 |
[52:15] | Just your typical nobody writer. | 默默无闻的编剧 |
[52:17] | Today, people are saying he has new information | 可是今天所有人都认为他知道 |
[52:20] | About what happens after you die. | 关于人死后会发生什么的新消息 |
[52:23] | Oh, this is bad. | 天哪 太糟了 |
[52:25] | I just need to get… I know, I’m sorry. Pardon me, please. | 让我过去 哦 借过 麻烦借过下 |
[52:28] | Oopsie! Excuse me. Um, oh, excuse me. | 对不起 请让下好吗 借过 |
[52:32] | Quick. | 快 |
[52:34] | Come in. | 进来 |
[52:36] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[52:40] | Just tell me what you told your mom. | 只要告诉我你对你母亲说了什么就行 |
[52:42] | I don’t think I should. Anything can happen. | 我觉得我不该这样 任何事都可能发生 |
[52:44] | I’ve got to keep my mouth shut from now on. Why did I… | 我还是不说了吧 我怎么会 |
[52:47] | Whatever you said obviously affected a lot of people. | 可很明显你所说的已经影响了一大群人 |
[52:50] | I mean, I don’t think you have the choice to keep it in. | 我是说你也许已经没机会再保持沉默了 |
[52:52] | Yes, I do. I could walk out that door now. | 不不 我可以 就从那个门出去 |
[52:54] | I could get on the first plane to Namibia. No one knows me there. | 我能飞去纳米比亚 那里没人认识我 |
[52:57] | Just tell me what you said, Mark. Please, just tell me. | 得了马克 告诉我你到底说了什么 |
[53:00] | My mum was dying, she was scared, she was shaking all over, | 当时我妈妈奄奄一息 全身颤抖着 |
[53:04] | And she said she didn’t want to just enter a world of nothingness. | 然后她说她不想面对死后的无尽虚空 |
[53:08] | So I said, “you’re wrong about what happens after you die. “ | 所以我告诉她她想错了 |
[53:12] | And I told her, I said, | 然后我对她说 |
[53:15] | “It’s not a world of nothingness. | 那个地方没有无尽的虚空 |
[53:17] | “You go to the best place ever, where all your friends are | 是一个你能想象的最好的地方 朋友和幸福 |
[53:22] | “And you have an eternity of joy. “ | 才是那里永恒的主题 |
[53:25] | I made her happy. | 我这么说让她感到好多了 |
[53:32] | How do you know these things? | 那你是怎么知道那些事的 |
[53:34] | Well, I… | 这个嘛 我 |
[53:37] | Oh, that makes me happy. | 那 那让我也感觉好多了 |
[53:40] | You have to tell them everything you know. | 你必须告诉他们这些 |
[53:42] | You have to. It’s too big. | 这件事太重要了 |
[53:43] | Listen to me, you don’t understand. | 听我说 别急 你不明白 |
[53:45] | The things I told my mum… | 我告诉我母亲的那些 |
[53:46] | Didn’t you say that it made her happy to hear them? | 你说的那些不是让你母亲很高兴吗 |
[53:48] | – Yes. – And how did that make you feel? | -是啊 -那些话让你感觉如何 |
[53:50] | – Good. – So imagine how it would feel | -很好啊 -想象下那场景有多美好 |
[53:52] | To do the same for all of these people. | 所以也为外面的那些人再说一遍吧 |
[54:01] | Uh, okay. | 那好吧 |
[54:04] | I need some time. | 不过我需要一些时间 |
[54:09] | You sure I should do this? | 你真的认为我该这么做 |
[54:12] | Of course you should. | 当然了 |
[54:13] | Mark, what you know is gonna change man kind forever. | 马克 你所知道的将会彻底改变整个人类 |
[54:19] | It’s the most important thing the world has ever heard. | 那将是这个世界上最重要的新闻 |
[54:25] | I’ll let you work. | 我来帮你 |
[54:41] | Come in. | 请进 |
[54:44] | I brought pizza. | 我带了披萨 |
[54:47] | How come you never told me we all get mansions? | 为什么你从没告诉过我我们会有豪宅 |
[54:49] | – Uh, I didn’t… – Just let him keep working. | -我没有 -别打断他工作 |
[54:50] | It’s one thing that you invented the bicycle, but… | 你发明了自行车是一回事 但 |
[54:52] | Just keep working, don’t worry about… | 让他工作吧 别操心 |
[54:55] | I’ve known him for a long time, and he never told me that. | 我认识他很久了 他从没和我说过 |
[54:59] | – I got plain, and I got… – That’s good. | -我买了原味的和 -不错 |
[55:03] | I got another plain. | 还是原味的 |
[55:09] | In London, England, they wait. | 世界停滞了 |
[55:11] | In Rome, Italy, they wait. In New York city, they wait. | 伦敦 英国 罗马 意大利 |
[55:16] | The world has come to a standstill, | 纽约 所有人都在等他 |
[55:18] | With everyone at their televisions and radios, | 所有人守着电视或广播 |
[55:21] | Or here on this lawn, | 或者站在这块草地上 |
[55:23] | Waiting for Mark Bellison to come forth | 等着马克・贝里森出现 |
[55:24] | And tell the people what he knows. | 告诉大家他所知道的事 |
[55:50] | I’ve finished. | 我做完了 |
[55:54] | Are you ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[55:56] | I guess so. | 我想是的 |
[55:58] | I wish I had something better to | 我需要一块像板一样的东西 |
[56:00] | Put these on, though, like tablets. | 能把这些纸放在上面 |
[56:02] | Or just even better paper. | 或者换张好点的纸 |
[56:10] | – That feels better. – Good. | -这样好些了 -很好 |
[56:12] | Just… | 就 |
[56:14] | Just tell them what you know. | 告诉他们你知道的 |
[56:16] | – Good luck out there, man. – Cheers. | -祝你好运 -谢谢 |
[56:30] | Twenty four hours ago, | 24小时前 |
[56:31] | Mark bellison was just your typical nobody writer. | 马克・贝里森还是个典型的无名编剧 |
[56:34] | Today, people are saying he has new information | 今天人们都说他对于 |
[56:37] | About what happens after you die. | 死后发生的事有新的见解 |
[56:56] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[57:00] | I guess | 我猜 |
[57:03] | You heard about the stuff that I told my mum the other night. | 你们是因为听说了那晚 |
[57:07] | That’s why you’re here. | 我和我妈说的事才来的 |
[57:10] | I know some things, some very important things | 我知道关于你们死后发生的 |
[57:12] | About what happens to you after you die. | 一些非常重要的事 |
[57:16] | Everything you need to know | 所有你们要知道的已经 |
[57:19] | Is written on these pizza boxes. | 全写在这些比萨盒子上了 |
[57:31] | “Number one, | 第一 |
[57:33] | “There is a man in the sky who controls everything. | 天上有个人执掌一切 |
[57:38] | – “Number two… ” – Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. | -第二 -等等 |
[57:41] | What does he look like? | 他长什么样 |
[57:42] | Uh, tall, big hands for making stuff. Good head of hair. | 很高 有一双大巧手和一头浓发 |
[57:47] | What ethnicity is he? | 他种族是什么 |
[57:48] | Uh, he’s a new type of ethnicity. | 他属于一种新种族 |
[57:52] | He’s a mixture of all our ethnicities. | 所有种族混合而成的新种族 |
[57:55] | – Does he live in the clouds? – No. | -他住云里吗 -不 |
[57:56] | – Can we see him? – No. | -我们能看见他吗 -不行 |
[57:58] | He lives higher than the clouds, too high to see him. | 他住的比云还高 无法看见他 |
[58:00] | – So he lives in space. – Not that high. | -所以他住在太空 -没那么高 |
[58:03] | So then the thermosphere? | 那他住热大气层里吗 |
[58:04] | Sorry, people. I’ve got a lot to get through here. Can we just | 抱歉 太多内容要说 我们能 |
[58:08] | Man lives in the sky, you can’t see him. | 谁都看不见的天上人 |
[58:10] | He controls everything. Cool? | 掌控着一切 懂了吗 |
[58:13] | Good. “Number two, | 很好 第二 |
[58:15] | “When you die, you don’t disappear | 你死后不会 |
[58:16] | Into an eternity of nothingness. | 永远变得虚无缥缈 |
[58:19] | “Instead, you go to a really great place. “ | 相反 你会去一个真的很棒的地方 |
[58:23] | “Number three, | 第三 |
[58:25] | “In that place, everyone will get a mansion. “ | 所有人在那都会有幢豪宅 |
[58:34] | What kind of mansion? | 哪种豪宅呢 |
[58:35] | The best mansion you could think of. | 你能想像的到最棒的 |
[58:38] | Ah, I was thinking of a horrible mansion! | 我想的是个恐怖的房子 |
[58:41] | No. It’s the best mansion you could ever think of. | 不 它不是你现在想到的 |
[58:44] | Not the one you’re thinking of right now, but ever. | 而是你至今想到过的最好的豪宅 |
[58:47] | Whatever the best mansion is you’d like, | 无论你喜欢什么样的顶级豪宅 |
[58:50] | That’s the one you’re gonna get. | 你都能得到你要的 |
[58:51] | “Number four, | 第四 |
[58:53] | “When you die, all the people you love will be there. “ | 当你死了 你爱的所有人都会在那 |
[58:56] | Will they have their own mansions? | 他们也有自己的豪宅吗 |
[58:58] | Yeah. Of course. Everyone gets a mansion. | 当然 每人都有 |
[59:00] | What if I want them to live in my mansion? | 如果我想让他们住在我这呢 |
[59:01] | Well, that’s fine. They’ll leave their mansion. | 行啊 他们会离开自己的豪宅 |
[59:04] | They’ll come and live with you, won’t they? | 来和你一起住 |
[59:05] | What happens to their mansion? | 那他们豪宅怎么办 |
[59:06] | I don’t know. It goes back on the market. Can we… | 我不知道 应该会出售 我们能 |
[59:08] | “Number five, | 第五 |
[59:12] | “When you die, there will be free ice cream for everyone. | 你死后 那里整日整夜供应 |
[59:16] | “All day and all night, whatever flavours you can think of. “ | 你能想到的各种口味的免费冰欺凌 |
[59:21] | – Even bad flavours? – Why would you think of bad flavours? | -甚至不好的口味吗 -为什么你会想到这些 |
[59:23] | You just said every flavour I could think of. | 你刚说我能想到的所有口味 |
[59:25] | Oh, no. I just thought of vanilla and skunks. | 不会吧 我正好想到香草和臭鼬 |
[59:28] | Well, don’t eat that, then. | 那就别吃啊 |
[59:30] | I just thought that chocolate sauce was diarrhoea. | 我想到让人腹泻的巧克力酱 |
[59:32] | Don’t put that on the ice cream, then! | 那就别往冰欺凌里放 |
[59:33] | What is the matter with you people? | 你们这些人都怎么了 |
[59:35] | Can we… Please. “Number six, | 我们能 拜托 第六 |
[59:38] | “If you do bad things, | 如果你做坏事了 |
[59:39] | You won’t get to go to this great place when you die. “ | 你死后不会去那美妙的地方 |
[59:42] | Where will you go? | 那去哪 |
[59:44] | A terrible place, the worst place imaginable. | 一个所能想到最糟的地方 |
[59:47] | What constitutes a bad thing? | 什么是坏事呢 |
[59:49] | Awful crimes, rape, murder, things like that. | 像重罪 强奸 谋杀那样的 |
[59:52] | – Is punching someone bad? – Yes. | -会打那些坏人吗 -会 |
[59:54] | – What if they’re trying to hurt you? – Well, then it’s fine. | -如果他们要伤害你呢 -不会的 |
[59:56] | – Is cursing bad? – No. | -骂人是坏事吗 -不是 |
[59:58] | – What about being late for work? – No, that’s… | -那上班迟到呢 -不是 |
[1:00:00] | I mean, you might lose your job if the boss doesn’t like it, | 如果你迟到 你的老板可能会开除你 |
[1:00:04] | But it won’t affect what happens to you after you die. | 但这不会影响你死后的事 |
[1:00:06] | What about if you forget to feed your dog? | 那如果你忘记喂狗呢 |
[1:00:10] | Well, then, if you forget, | 如果你忘了 |
[1:00:11] | I mean, it’s bad for the dog. | 对狗来说很糟 |
[1:00:12] | If the dog dies, it’s bad, but it’s not… | 如果狗死了那就太糟了 但不是 |
[1:00:14] | I mean, don’t do it on purpose. | 我是说 不要故意去做 |
[1:00:16] | Don’t buy a dog just to starve it for a laugh, | 不要为了找乐子去买条狗来饿死他 |
[1:00:19] | But… Can we… | 但 我们能 |
[1:00:20] | If I do just one bad thing, do I go to the bad place? | 如果我做了一件坏事 我会去那地方吗 |
[1:00:23] | No! | 不会 |
[1:00:26] | You get three chances. | 你有三次机会 |
[1:00:29] | Three bad things and you’re out. | 做三件坏事你就出局了 |
[1:00:31] | Like baseball! | 像棒球比赛 |
[1:00:34] | Sort of. So, anything else? | 差不多 还有问题吗 |
[1:00:38] | – Oh, please, can we just move on? – No! | -拜托 我们能继续念下去吗 -不 |
[1:00:41] | We have to know everything that’s bad. | 我们得知道所有的坏事 |
[1:00:47] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[1:00:48] | Is it bad to wear pants? | 穿短裤是坏事吗 |
[1:00:49] | Oh. What the… | 什么东西 |
[1:00:51] | 两小时后 | |
[1:00:53] | No. There is no hairstyle that can put you in the bad place. | 不会因为发型问题让你去那的 |
[1:00:59] | We’ve been through this. | 我们已经说了 |
[1:01:00] | The main ones are things like hurting | 让你去那最主要的问题 |
[1:01:02] | People physically, on purpose, okay? | 就是故意伤害别人的身体 |
[1:01:05] | Taking their stuff, | 拿别人的东西 |
[1:01:07] | doing things to people they don’t want done, | 做他们不想让你做得事 |
[1:01:10] | Murdering people on purpose. | 故意杀人 |
[1:01:13] | Okay. “Number nine, | 好了 第九 |
[1:01:15] | “The man in the sky who controls everything | 掌控一切的天上人 |
[1:01:18] | “Decides if you go to the good place or the bad place. | 决定你去好地方还是坏地方 |
[1:01:21] | “He also decides who lives and who dies. “ | 他也决定生死 |
[1:01:23] | – Does he cause natural disasters? – Yes. | -是他引起自然灾害的吗 -对 |
[1:01:26] | – Did he cause my mom to get cancer? – Yes. | -他让我妈得癌症的吗 -对 |
[1:01:29] | Did he cause that tree to land on my car last week? | 上周是他让树倒在我车上的吗 |
[1:01:32] | – Yeah. – Did he kill my dad with that heart attack? | -对 -他用心脏病杀了我爸是吗 |
[1:01:38] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:01:44] | I say fuck the man that lives in the sky! | 住在天上的那人去死吧 |
[1:01:50] | Yeah, that guy’s evil! | 对 那人是邪恶的 |
[1:01:51] | That guy’s a coward, hiding up there doing bad things to us. | 那人是懦夫 只会躲在那对我们做坏事 |
[1:01:54] | Why doesn’t he do it to our faces? | 为什么他不当着我们的面做这些呢 |
[1:01:55] | We have to stop that evil bastard before he kills us all! | 我们得在他杀了我们之前制止他 |
[1:02:02] | Wait, wait, listen. | 等等 听着 |
[1:02:05] | The man who lives in the sky and controls everything | 住在天上掌控一切的那人 |
[1:02:10] | Is also responsible for all the good stuff that happens. | 也负责所有发生的好事 |
[1:02:14] | He’s the guy that saved my life on | 那次我去钓鱼是他 |
[1:02:15] | That fishing trip when the boat capsized? | 在沉船之前救我的吗 |
[1:02:18] | – Yes. – Did he capsize the boat? | -对 -是他弄沉船的吗 |
[1:02:20] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:02:22] | He killed my grandmother and | 是他杀了我祖母 |
[1:02:23] | Left me those millions of dollars? | 又留给我几百万遗产吗 |
[1:02:24] | You bet yeah. | 你说对了 |
[1:02:26] | So, he’s the one who cured my mom’s cancer? | 所以是他治好了我妈的癌症吗 |
[1:02:30] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:02:31] | So, he’s kind of a good guy, but he’s also kind of a prick, too. | 所以他是个好人也是个混蛋 |
[1:02:35] | Yeah. Right, but check this out, okay? | 对 看看这个好吗 |
[1:02:38] | “Number ten, even if the man in the sky does bad stuff to you, | 十 就算那人对你做了不好的事 |
[1:02:42] | “He makes up for it by giving you | 他会在你死后给 |
[1:02:44] | An eternity of good stuff after you die. | 你的来生补偿些好东西 |
[1:02:49] | As long as you don’t do any of that | 只要不做你说的 |
[1:02:50] | Bad stuff that you mentioned, right? | 那些坏事是吗 |
[1:02:52] | – Yeah, of course. – So it’s kind of a test. | -当然 -所以就像一场考验 |
[1:02:56] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:02:57] | Well, that’s everything I know. | 这就是我知道的所有事情 |
[1:03:07] | How do you know all these things? | 你怎么知道这些事的 |
[1:03:10] | Because the man in the sky told me. | 因为天上的人告诉我的 |
[1:03:12] | Yeah, well, how come we’re just | 为什么在人类出现 |
[1:03:13] | Finding out about these things now, | 几百万年后的今天 |
[1:03:14] | Millions of years into our existence? | 我们才发现这些事 |
[1:03:17] | I don’t know. He forgot. Got… Seen all the stuff he does? | 不知道 他忘了吧 看到他做的所有事了吗 |
[1:03:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[1:03:29] | Think that went well. | 看来事情进展顺利 |
[1:03:33] | 每人都有豪宅 | |
[1:03:36] | 美国宇航局在找天上人 | |
[1:03:39] | 终于找到做好人的原因 | |
[1:03:41] | 天上人没有减少婴儿患艾滋数 | |
[1:03:45] | 天上人用海啸杀害了4万人 | |
[1:03:49] | 天上人让一妇人活到104岁 | |
[1:03:52] | 期刊 大家都想着豪宅致使工作效率降低14% | |
[1:03:56] | 时间周刊年度人物马克・贝里森 | |
[1:05:00] | Cheers, cheers. | 干杯 |
[1:05:22] | 马克・贝里森的”黑死病”票房独占鳌头 | |
[1:05:27] | 娱乐新闻 “黑死病”荣获最佳电影 | |
[1:05:33] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[1:05:46] | Did I ever tell you about the time | 我有没有告诉过你 |
[1:05:48] | I saved a baby from a burning building | 有次我从着火的楼里救了个婴儿 |
[1:05:51] | And there was a bear, and… | 有只熊在里面 还有 |
[1:05:54] | Wait, there was a burning building and a bear? | 等下 着火的楼和一只熊吗 |
[1:05:56] | I heard a baby crying and so I ran in there through the flames, | 我听到婴儿哭声不顾危险 |
[1:06:01] | Not caring about my own safety, got the baby, jumped out. | 跑进了大火中救了他然后跳了出来 |
[1:06:06] | It was the second storey, jumped out. | 那是从二楼跳下来的 |
[1:06:09] | I landed, baby safe. But then this bear… | 我落地后婴儿没事 但这熊 |
[1:06:11] | – Wait, how did you survive? – Well, let me tell you. | -等等 你怎么活下来的 -让我告诉你 |
[1:06:13] | No, how did you survive the jump? | 不 为什么你跳下来没事 |
[1:06:15] | I’ve seen you twist your ankle crossing the street. | 我看到你过马路还扭到脚了 |
[1:06:16] | Because on this occasion I landed in something soft. | 因为我落在了软的东西上 |
[1:06:21] | So… | 所以 |
[1:06:22] | What did you land in? | 你落在哪了 |
[1:06:23] | – Jam. – Jam. | -果酱上 -果酱 |
[1:06:25] | It was a barrel of jam. It was a jam factory on fire. | 因为是果酱工厂着火了 那正好有桶果酱 |
[1:06:29] | Probably what attracted the bear in the first place. | 可能这就是一开始引来熊的原因 |
[1:06:30] | – Right. – You haven’t heard of that? | -对 -你没听过吗 |
[1:06:33] | The burning building, baby, bear, factory, jam incident? | 着火的楼 婴儿 熊 工厂 果酱事故 |
[1:06:37] | Shoot, no. | 靠 没有 |
[1:06:38] | Yeah, classic. So, I land. | 很经典的 我落地后 |
[1:06:41] | This bear is coming toward, big, lumbering, eating machine | 那大笨熊边嚼着机器边走过来 |
[1:06:45] | Like that happy chap over there. | 就像那边那个愉悦的小伙 |
[1:06:47] | What, sleeping, ugly fatty? | 那个在睡觉的死胖子吗 |
[1:06:50] | – He’s not happy. – Well, how do you know? | -他不开心 -你怎么知道 |
[1:06:52] | What do you mean? Look at him. He’s a loser. | 你觉得呢 看看他 是个失败者 |
[1:06:56] | You can’t tell that from just looking at the guy. | 你不能只从表面判断他 |
[1:06:59] | He could be the world’s greatest poet. | 他可能是世上最棒的诗人 |
[1:07:02] | Well, he probably is a loser. Bad example. | 他大概是个失败者吧 举例失败 |
[1:07:04] | But I’m saying, it doesn’t have to be, just by… | 但我所说的不会总这样的 只通过 |
[1:07:09] | Okay. What do you see when you see this fellow here? | 从那家伙身上你看到什么 |
[1:07:11] | Short, sweaty, bald guy. | 长的矮 在出汗 光头 |
[1:07:13] | Right.Well done. | 对了 |
[1:07:15] | He’s carrying a briefcase. He’s in a hurry. | 他拿着公文包很急的样子 |
[1:07:17] | He’s probably off to a really important meeting. | 他可能要去开个很重要的会议 |
[1:07:19] | He’s probably a high-powered businessman. | 是个很有权势的商人 |
[1:07:22] | You see more than I do. | 你看得比我仔细 |
[1:07:24] | Well, because, if you look… | 因为只要你想看 |
[1:07:27] | What do you see when you see those guys? | 那些人你又看到什么 |
[1:07:31] | Two nerdy losers in hats? | 那两戴帽子的呆子吗 |
[1:07:35] | Yeah. Good. Good observational skills. | 不错的观察技巧 |
[1:07:39] | But what I mean is, look beyond | 但我的意思是 |
[1:07:40] | Just their appearance and look at them. | 不要光从外表看他们 |
[1:07:45] | They’re holding hands. They’re in love. | 他们牵着手在恋爱 |
[1:07:52] | Hey, do me. | 试试看我 |
[1:07:54] | I mean, just what do you see? What do you see in me? | 你在我身上看到了什么 |
[1:07:58] | You’re pretty. | 你很美 |
[1:08:01] | You’ve got a wonderful smile. | 有迷人的笑容 |
[1:08:02] | – Well, that’s what everyone sees. – I wasn’t finished. | -这是众所皆知的 -我还没说完 |
[1:08:06] | You’re the sweetest, most caring person I know. | 你是我认识的最温柔体贴的人 |
[1:08:10] | And you’ve got a freckle there | 你那有个雀斑 |
[1:08:10] | I’ve never told you about how much I love. | 我从没告诉过你我有多喜欢它 |
[1:08:13] | You usually smile, | 你常笑 |
[1:08:15] | But sometimes you spend your day in bed, eating and crying. | 但有时你一整天窝在床上哭或者吃东西 |
[1:08:18] | You’ll hold someone’s hand after their mum… | 你会握着别人的手 在他妈妈 |
[1:08:25] | You’re the most wonderful person I’ve ever met. | 你是我遇见的最好的人 |
[1:08:32] | What do you see when you look at me? | 在我身上你看出什么 |
[1:08:40] | You’re chubby and you have a snub nose. | 你胖胖的有个塌鼻子 |
[1:08:45] | Yeah. That’s about it. | 说的是 |
[1:08:52] | You’re smart. | 你很聪明 |
[1:08:56] | You’re kind. | 你人很好 |
[1:08:58] | You’re the sweetest man I’ve ever met. | 你是我遇见的最温柔的男人 |
[1:09:02] | You are definitely the most interesting person I know. | 你绝对是我认识的最有趣的人 |
[1:09:06] | And you are fun to be with. | 和你在一起很开心 |
[1:09:09] | And you see the world in a way that | 你看世界的 |
[1:09:10] | Nobody else sees the world, | 眼光与众不同 |
[1:09:11] | And I like the way you see the world. | 我很喜欢你看世界的方法 |
[1:09:15] | And you’re my best friend. | 你是我最好的朋友 |
[1:09:17] | You make me happier than anyone I’ve ever known. | 你比任何人都能逗我开心 |
[1:09:29] | Why can’t we be together, then? | 那为何我们不能在一起呢 |
[1:09:31] | Because of the whole genetics thing. | 都是基因的原因 |
[1:09:32] | Little fat kids with snub noses. | 塌鼻子的小胖孩 |
[1:09:38] | It’s a shame that being rich and famous | 名利双收也不能改变你的基因 |
[1:09:41] | Doesn’t change your genetics. | 太遗憾了 |
[1:09:44] | Because I love you. | 因为我爱你 |
[1:09:49] | Does being rich and famous change your genetic material? | 名利双收会改变你的基因吗 |
[1:10:01] | No. It doesn’t. | 不会 |
[1:10:02] | Our kids would be little fat things with snub noses. | 我们的孩子会是塌鼻子的小胖孩 |
[1:10:13] | Thanks for that, Jim. Next up, Mark Bellison. | 吉姆 谢了 下一个 马克・贝里森 |
[1:10:16] | Does he deserve all the money and fame | 他确实应该名利双收 |
[1:10:17] | Or is he just some fat loser | 还是他只是个 |
[1:10:18] | who hears things from the man in the sky? | 听的到天上人的没用的胖子 |
[1:10:20] | I say fat loser, Bob. | 我觉得是没用的胖子 鲍勃 |
[1:10:22] | It’s as simple as this, Jim. Just look at the guy. | 再简单不过了 吉姆 看看那家伙 |
[1:10:24] | He’s fat, he’s stupid-looking. What else do you need to know? | 他是个一脸蠢像的胖子 还用说别的吗 |
[1:10:28] | And what about the hundreds of people | 那几百人在 |
[1:10:28] | Camping out on his lawn? | 他草坪上露营怎么说呢 |
[1:10:30] | I mean, don’t those people have jobs? | 那些人没工作吗 |
[1:10:32] | Maybe they’re all fat losers like him. | 他们那是物以类聚 |
[1:10:36] | Stay tuned, we got weather in five. | 不要走开 五分钟后会有天气预报 |
[1:10:39] | And then write, | 接着写 |
[1:10:40] | “The duck flew all the way to Alaska to meet up | 鸭子一路飞向阿拉斯加 |
[1:10:42] | “With his friend who was a polar bear who lived there. “ | 去和住那的北极熊朋友见面 |
[1:10:47] | – “And the polar bear… ” – How many of these have you had? | -那北极熊 -你喝了多少了 |
[1:10:49] | Doesn’t matter. uh… “The end. “ | 没事 结束 |
[1:10:52] | – That’s a strange ending. – It is, isn’t it? | -真是个奇怪的结尾 -是吗 |
[1:10:55] | And you want me to take this over to Lecture Films? | 你想让我把这个交给讲座电影吗 |
[1:10:58] | Tell them to film that one this week. | 告诉他们这周开拍 |
[1:11:03] | Tell them it’s for kids. | 告诉他们这是儿童电影 |
[1:11:05] | Kids will love that, won’t they? | 孩子们会喜欢的是吧 |
[1:11:07] | Bears and ducks in cars. | 熊和鸭子在车里 |
[1:11:11] | – What’s that? – It’s a birthday card for you. | -那是什么 -给你的生日卡 |
[1:11:13] | – You want it? – Thank you. | -想要吗 -谢谢 |
[1:11:16] | Oh, I came to tell you that | 我来告诉你今晚 |
[1:11:17] | I can’t watch a movie with you tonight. | 我不能和你看电影了 |
[1:11:19] | – Why not? – ‘Cause I have a date. | -为什么 -因为我有约会 |
[1:11:21] | Who with? | 和谁 |
[1:11:23] | – Brad Kessler. – Brad Kessler? | -布拉德・凯斯勒 -布拉德・凯斯勒吗 |
[1:11:27] | You know what I think of him. | 你知道我对他的看法 |
[1:11:28] | I think he is the world’s biggest douche bag. | 我觉得他是全世界最愚蠢的人 |
[1:11:31] | – To you. not to me. – Yes. | -对你是 对我不是 -对 |
[1:11:32] | He’s very sweet and kind to me. | 他对我温柔友善 |
[1:11:34] | Well, of course he is. | 当然了 |
[1:11:35] | Look at you! A shark would be sweet and kind to you. | 看看你 鲨鱼都会对你温柔友善的 |
[1:11:37] | – It would? – No, it wouldn’t. | -会吗 -不会 |
[1:11:39] | Do not get in with a shark. It will just… I was just… | 别去找鲨鱼 它会 我只是 |
[1:11:42] | – But don’t go out with him. – Why not? | -但别和他出去 -为什么不 |
[1:11:45] | Well, he’s an excellent match for me. | 他是绝佳的伴侣 |
[1:11:47] | Well, don’t sleep with him. | 那别和他上床 |
[1:11:48] | – Why not? – What? You were going to? | -为什么不 -什么 你准备吗 |
[1:11:50] | If I don’t sleep with him, | 如果我不和他上床 |
[1:11:52] | Then he’ll find another acceptable mate | 他就会另外找个 |
[1:11:53] | Who would sleep with him. | 合适的人和他上床 |
[1:11:54] | – Then I’ll miss out. – No, he won’t. | -那我就错过了 -他不会的 |
[1:11:56] | – Yes. – No, no, no, no, no, no. | -会的 -不 |
[1:11:58] | You haven’t thought this through. | 你还没了解透彻 |
[1:11:59] | Because if I was going out on a date with you… | 如果我和你约会 |
[1:12:01] | And if you were attractive, like Brad. | 如果你像布拉德一样迷人 |
[1:12:03] | Yes. Well, why… | 对 为什么 |
[1:12:06] | But I would… I would lose respect for you… | 如果第一次约会就上床 |
[1:12:09] | If you slept with me on the first date. | 那我会看不起你的 |
[1:12:12] | I would because I… | 因为我 |
[1:12:14] | Just chat, just talk to him, sure. | 和他聊天说话就够了 |
[1:12:16] | But, listen, do not, whatever… | 但听着 不要 无论如何 |
[1:12:18] | Let him know what a wonderful person you are just by… | 让他知道他和一个多好的人在一起 |
[1:12:21] | Verbally, not with… Because he will then go, | 不是和 这样他就会想 |
[1:12:25] | “Oh, I… I want to date her… I want a second date. “ | 和她第二次约会 |
[1:12:28] | Do not… | 不要 |
[1:12:30] | Do not have sex with anyone unless you are married to them | 不要和任何人做爱除非你嫁给他 |
[1:12:34] | Is the rule. | 这是规矩 |
[1:12:38] | Settled. | 解决了 |
[1:12:48] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[1:12:51] | Birthday coupon for sex. | 生日做爱礼券 |
[1:12:55] | It’s a coupon for birthday sex. | 这是生日做爱的礼券 |
[1:12:57] | So it’s sex with you ’cause it’s my birthday? | 因为是我的生日所以和你做爱吗 |
[1:13:00] | What do you get the man who has everything? | 你该怎么得到拥有一切的男人 |
[1:13:04] | – Sorry. – Forget about it now. Sorry, I didn’t know. | -抱歉 -现在忘了吧 抱歉 我不知道 |
[1:13:06] | – No, no, no. -We’re not married. | -不 等下 -我们没结婚 |
[1:13:11] | Which is what you just said. | 这是你刚说的 |
[1:13:14] | Do not sleep with anyone unless you’re married to them. | 别和任何人做爱除非你们结婚 |
[1:13:17] | That’s what I said. But hold on, though. What about the coupon? | 我刚才是这么说 但等等 礼卷怎么办 |
[1:13:21] | – The rule is… – Yes, I know what the rule is. | -规则要求 -我知道规则 |
[1:13:24] | So we can’t… | 所以我们不能 |
[1:13:26] | The coupon, it’s just such a… | 这礼卷 |
[1:13:28] | – Rule. – Such a shame to waste it. | -规则 -浪费掉真可惜 |
[1:13:30] | – But, I mean, you know… – It’s too bad. | -但 我想说 -太可惜了 |
[1:13:31] | It is, it is. | 确实 |
[1:13:34] | Now I can’t redeem sex with this. | 现在我不能用这个兑换性爱了 |
[1:13:37] | So you’d like what? What am I gonna get you now? | 那你喜欢什么 现在还能送你什么 |
[1:13:40] | Can’t have sex with you. | 不能和你做爱 |
[1:13:43] | You probably just prefer socks, right? | 你应该会选袜子 对吗 |
[1:13:45] | Yeah. Shitty little woollen ones, instead of sex. | 对 不做爱 选低劣的毛袜 |
[1:13:48] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[1:13:49] | Oh, he’s coming. | 他来了 |
[1:13:52] | Well, why have you invited him here? | 你怎么把他叫到这来了 |
[1:13:54] | I didn’t. It was his idea. | 没有 是他的主意 |
[1:13:56] | I bet it was. It’s my house. | 肯定是他 这是我家 |
[1:13:58] | – Anna. – You are so handsome. | -安娜 -你真帅 |
[1:14:00] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:14:02] | – Mark. You look like trash. – Oh, your opinion. | -马克 你看着像垃圾一样 -只是你这么想 |
[1:14:05] | Let’s go have some fun. | 我们出去玩 |
[1:14:07] | – Not too much. – Hey! What are you doing with that? | -别玩过头 -你那个是什么 |
[1:14:09] | That is a coupon for birthday sex. | 生日性爱礼卷 |
[1:14:11] | – With you? – Yes. | -和你 -是的 |
[1:14:13] | But he doesn’t want it because we’re not married. | 但因为我们没结婚 他不想要 |
[1:14:15] | – He’d rather have a pair of socks, right? – Can I have it? | -他宁愿要双袜子 是吗 -能给我吗 |
[1:14:17] | Oh, sure. Of course, we’ll have to get married to use it. | 当然 但我们得结了婚才能用 |
[1:14:21] | Well, maybe we just will. | 或许我们会的 |
[1:14:24] | Well, don’t… I’m not happy for that. What… | 别 我不喜欢听这话 |
[1:14:29] | I’ll call you later. | 待会打电话给你 |
[1:14:40] | – I thought we’d celebrate tonight. – Hmm. | -我想今晚该庆祝 -为什么 |
[1:14:42] | Today I was handed a very impressive promotion. | 今天我升职了 |
[1:14:45] | Not only am I the head writer | 不仅因为我是令人羡慕的 |
[1:14:46] | Of the coveted first century, | 第一世纪首席编剧 |
[1:14:48] | But today I was handed the reins to the | 今天我还被授权编撰 |
[1:14:49] | 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries. | 18 19 20世纪故事 |
[1:14:51] | – Oh, that is exciting. – It’s very, very exciting. | -真令人兴奋 -非常兴奋 |
[1:14:53] | No other writer’s ever had that many centuries, | 从没有编剧获得这么多世纪的编撰权 |
[1:14:55] | Let alone four of the most popular ones. | 何况还是最流行的4个世纪 |
[1:14:58] | Mark’s never had more than one century. | 马克从没超过一个世纪 |
[1:15:01] | Mark also has the man in the sky | 马克还有天上的人 |
[1:15:02] | Telling him stories no one’s ever heard before. | 告诉他 大家都不知道的事 |
[1:15:04] | Yes, but does he look like this? | 是的 但他长得像我这样吗 |
[1:15:06] | Does he have my genetics? My confidence? My charisma? | 他有我的基因 我的自信 以及我的魅力吗 |
[1:15:13] | – No. – No. | -没有 -是吧 |
[1:15:16] | I’m gonna send that bottle back. | 我不要这瓶酒 |
[1:15:17] | Not because it’s turned, | 不是因为不合口味 |
[1:15:18] | But because I want to appear discerning and powerful. | 而是我想表现得有品味和够档次 |
[1:15:21] | Yes, sir. | 好 先生 |
[1:15:23] | Also, I think we’re ready to order. | 另外 我们准备点菜 |
[1:15:24] | She will have the small Caesar salad because | 给她上小凯撒沙拉 |
[1:15:26] | I don’t want her to get fat. | 因为我不想她变胖 |
[1:15:27] | And I will have the fillet, rare, because it’s expensive, | 我要无骨肉片 半熟的 因为它很贵 |
[1:15:31] | It tastes good, and I’m important. | 口味不错 因为我是大人物 |
[1:15:33] | Excellent. | 选得好 |
[1:15:35] | I understand why you want me to have the small Caesar salad, | 我明白你为何让我吃小凯撒沙拉 |
[1:15:37] | But I am very hungry. | 但我非常饿 |
[1:15:38] | – Maybe we could add some chicken. – No, no, no, no, no. | -也许可以加点鸡肉 -不 不 不 |
[1:15:42] | We both know that one day you’re going to lose your looks. | 我们都知道有一天你会失去容貌 |
[1:15:44] | You know, get old, wrinkly, ugly. | 也就是 变老 长皱纹 变丑 |
[1:15:48] | Why throw a weight problem on top of it | 为何要贪吃好吃的肥鸡肉 |
[1:15:49] | With delicious, fatty chicken? | 而变得又肥又胖呢 |
[1:15:52] | Of course not. | 当然 不想 |
[1:15:57] | Oh, I’m sorry. That must be my mom calling to check on our date. | 抱歉 肯定是我妈打电话询问约会情况 |
[1:16:00] | She’s very controlling and impatient. | 她控制欲强 又没耐性 |
[1:16:03] | Let me talk to her. | 让我和她说 |
[1:16:04] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:16:09] | Anna’s mom, you’re on with Brad Kessler. | 安娜她妈 与你通话的是布拉德・凯斯勒 |
[1:16:12] | Yes, your daughter looks beautiful. | 恩 你女儿很漂亮 |
[1:16:15] | No, she hasn’t blown it by boring me. | 不 她还没有令我厌烦 搞砸约会 |
[1:16:22] | Okay, you’re annoying me now. | 好了 我现在觉得你很烦 |
[1:16:25] | Your voice is shrill. Good bye. | 你声音太刺耳了 再见 |
[1:16:27] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:16:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:16:45] | You know, you are a near perfect match for me, | 你我几乎是完美一对 |
[1:16:48] | Physically, genetically, socially, economically. | 无论身体 基因 社会地位 经济情况 |
[1:16:52] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[1:16:53] | And a large part of me just wants to bag you | 但我追求你 很大的一个原因是因为 |
[1:16:55] | Because Mark’s in love with you and I enjoy watching him fail. | 马克爱着你 而我喜欢看他失败 |
[1:16:57] | Why do you hate Mark so much? He’s a really good friend of mine. | 你为何如此恨马克 他是我很要好的朋友 |
[1:16:59] | Because he’s a loser. | 因为他是个失败者 |
[1:17:01] | I’m the one who should be living in a | 我才应该是那个 |
[1:17:02] | Mansion and talking to the man in the sky. | 住在豪宅 和天上的人交流的人 |
[1:17:06] | But I can have the one thing that he can’t. | 但我能得到一个他得不到的东西 |
[1:17:09] | You. | 你 |
[1:17:11] | Because you are sensible. | 因为你很明智 |
[1:17:13] | You want to marry a strong genetic match | 想嫁个基因匹配的人 |
[1:17:15] | And maybe one day have children that aren’t… | 以免将来孩子 |
[1:17:19] | Little fat kids with snub noses. | 肥胖 有个塌鼻子 |
[1:17:22] | Exactly. | 正是如此 |
[1:17:24] | Exactly. Yeah. | 正是 |
[1:17:41] | The man in the sky, in his infinite wisdom, | 天上的人 通过他无尽的智慧 |
[1:17:45] | Has told us that we can do two bad things | 告诉我们 做两件坏事 |
[1:17:47] | And still get into our mansion. | 也能得到豪宅 |
[1:17:49] | So I say to you… | 因此我告诉你们 |
[1:17:50] | No. I won’t move into your mansion with you when we die. | 不 死后我不会搬进你的豪宅 |
[1:17:52] | You’re really smothering me. | 你真的让我喘不过气来 |
[1:17:54] | The more you push me away, the more attracted I am to you. | 你越拒绝 也就越吸引我 |
[1:17:58] | Out of the way, fatty! | 让路 胖子 |
[1:18:00] | Hey, you’re Mark Bellison. | 你是马克・贝里森 |
[1:18:02] | Yeah. You gonna apologise? | 是我 想道歉吗 |
[1:18:04] | For what? | 为什么 |
[1:18:10] | 百事 来生也能享用 | |
[1:18:23] | – Who wants another drink? – Yeah, please. | -谁想再来一瓶 -给我一瓶 |
[1:18:25] | I’ll take one. | 给我来一瓶 |
[1:18:28] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:18:31] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[1:18:32] | What, I can’t be depressed | 什么 我得到了大房子和大笔钞票 |
[1:18:34] | ‘Cause I’ve got a big house and loads of money? | 就不允许消沉了吗 |
[1:18:37] | What about you guys? Are you happier, at least? | 你们怎么样 开心点了吗 |
[1:18:40] | Since the man in the sky? | 自从知道天上人后 |
[1:18:41] | – Yeah, definitely. – Very happy. | -是的 没错 -非常开心 |
[1:18:44] | Are you still lonely? Have you found someone yet? | 还孤单吗 有没有找到喜欢的人 |
[1:18:46] | – Uh, no, I kind of gave up on that. – Why? | -没有 对这个我基本放弃了 -为什么 |
[1:18:49] | Well, because I was thinking that if | 因为我想 |
[1:18:50] | I get eternal happiness when I die, | 既然死后能得到永远的幸福 |
[1:18:55] | That’ll be really great because it’s eternal, | 这真的很棒 因为是永远的 |
[1:18:58] | You know, so you can’t really beat that. | 那就没有任何事比这更好 |
[1:19:00] | So I’m just really happy that that’s gonna happen. | 我真高兴能这样 |
[1:19:03] | So until then I think I’m just gonna stick with the alcohol | 在那之前 我准备一直喝酒 |
[1:19:06] | And my little apartment and just kind of | 在家瞎混 |
[1:19:07] | Hang out by myself and drink and watch TV. | 自己乱逛 看看电视什么的 |
[1:19:11] | That doesn’t sound like a happy life. | 听着不像幸福的生活 |
[1:19:12] | That sounds like a long, miserable one. | 倒像漫长痛苦的日子 |
[1:19:16] | Well, no, it won’t be that long, because the more I drink, | 不 没那么漫长 因为我喝得越多 |
[1:19:18] | The faster I’ll die. | 死得越快 |
[1:19:20] | And I’m just waiting for that mansion, you know? | 我就等着那座豪宅了 知道吗 |
[1:19:22] | That’s what I’m talking about. | 我正准备这么说 |
[1:19:25] | Brilliant. | 明智 |
[1:19:29] | You call him on the phone, on a telephone? | 你给他打过电话对吗 |
[1:19:31] | No, I just… He’s speaking to me now. | 不 我 他现在就在和我说话 |
[1:19:34] | – Is he saying something? -He is, yeah. | -他告诉你什么事了吗 -是的 |
[1:19:35] | Well, would you please tell us what he’s saying? | 那请你告诉我们 他在说什么 |
[1:19:37] | He’s saying, ” Why are you speaking to that idiot? “ | 他说 你为何要和那白痴说话 |
[1:19:39] | And I’m saying back, “I’ll give him a chance…” | 而我回答 我会给他一个机会 |
[1:19:41] | There’s got to be something better on tv than this. | 肯定有比这更好的节目 |
[1:19:44] | Oh, wait, mom, don’t change it. That’s my very good friend. | 等等妈 别换台 这是我非常要好的朋友 |
[1:19:46] | Oh, please. I know all your friends, | 不会吧 我认识你所有朋友 |
[1:19:48] | And they’re nothing like that. | 他们都不是这个样子的 |
[1:19:50] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你指什么 |
[1:19:51] | It means just because he’s talking to the man in the sky | 我指即使他能和天上人交流 |
[1:19:54] | Doesn’t make him good enough to be your friend. | 也不意味他够资格做你的朋友 |
[1:19:59] | What if I wanted him to be more than just my friend? | 如果我希望他不仅是我的朋友呢 |
[1:20:02] | Man in the sky forbid. | 天上人禁止这样 |
[1:20:04] | It would make no sense. | 这毫无意义 |
[1:20:06] | Mark Bellison is who the man in the sky chose to speak through, | 马克・贝里森是天上人选择的信使 |
[1:20:09] | But that doesn’t change the fact that he’s still a loser | 但这改变不了他是窝囊废的事实 |
[1:20:11] | And your kids would be, too. | 你孩子也会成那样的 |
[1:20:12] | Well, he is more than just that. | 他比你所说的强 |
[1:20:14] | There’s nothing more than that. | 我说全部都是事实 |
[1:20:15] | Losers are losers. That’s all they’ll ever be. | 窝囊废就是窝囊废 永远都是 |
[1:20:18] | He is… | 他 |
[1:20:21] | He’s smart, he’s funny, and he’s kind, and he is loving. | 睿智 风趣 亲切 可爱 |
[1:20:26] | And he makes me feel special. He makes me happy. | 他让我感到自己如此特殊 他让我很高兴 |
[1:20:30] | You are going to be with the person who’s right for you, | 你要和适合的人在一起 |
[1:20:33] | The person who’ll give you the kids you’ve always wanted. | 能给你你梦寐以求的孩子的人 |
[1:20:36] | Someone like Brad Kessler. | 比如布拉德・凯斯勒 |
[1:20:39] | Hello, Brad. One moment. | 你好 布拉德 稍等 |
[1:20:43] | – Speak to him. Don’t blow this. – Mom! | -跟他说 别搞砸了 -妈 |
[1:20:51] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:20:56] | Hi, Brad. | 你好 布拉德 |
[1:21:07] | I miss you, mum. | 我很想你 妈 |
[1:21:11] | I know you can’t hear me. | 我知道你听不到我的话 |
[1:21:13] | I know you’re not up there in a mansion. | 我知道你没有在豪宅里 |
[1:21:18] | You’re right here in the ground. | 你只在这地下 |
[1:21:22] | And I’m the only person in the world who knows that. | 而我是世上唯一知道真相的人 |
[1:21:27] | And I’m not happy. | 我不开心 |
[1:21:29] | I did all this, but… | 我做了这一切 但 |
[1:21:32] | I’m not happy because | 我不开心 因为 |
[1:21:36] | No one listens to what they really want. | 无人倾听他们真正的需求 |
[1:21:41] | That’s why I’ll always be a loser. | 这也是我总是窝囊废的原因 |
[1:21:46] | That’s why I’ll always be alone. | 也是我一直孤单的原因 |
[1:22:46] | Mark. | 马克 |
[1:22:49] | You look awful. | 你看起来真糟糕 |
[1:22:54] | Can I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[1:22:57] | – Haven’t seen you much lately. -Yeah, I know. | -最近都没看到你 -我知道 |
[1:23:00] | I’ve been busy with work and things and… | 我一直忙工作还有 |
[1:23:04] | Also, I tried calling you and you never answer your phone. | 我也想打电话给你 但你从来不回 |
[1:23:11] | – Did you know I was getting married? – Yeah, I heard. | -知道我要结婚了吗 -听说了 |
[1:23:15] | That’s why I came over here, actually. | 实际上这正是我来的原因 |
[1:23:17] | I wanted to give you this invitation. | 想把请帖给你 |
[1:23:27] | Don’t do it. | 别这样 |
[1:23:29] | The wedding is tomorrow. | 明天就是婚礼 |
[1:23:31] | Please, don’t marry him. | 求你 别嫁给他 |
[1:23:36] | – I hope you’ll come. – Why? | -我希望你能来 -为什么 |
[1:23:42] | Because it would make me happy. | 因为那样我会很开心 |
[1:23:46] | Being around you makes me happy. | 在你身边我会开心 |
[1:23:48] | Then why are you marrying him? | 那你为什么要嫁给他 |
[1:23:50] | I only have a certain amount of time | 我要在有限的时间里 |
[1:23:51] | That I can find my ideal genetic partner, | 找到理想的基因配对伴侣 |
[1:23:54] | Have the children that I’ve always wanted. | 生育梦寐以求的孩子 |
[1:23:57] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[1:24:02] | One day, Mark, | 某天 马克 |
[1:24:05] | I’ll be wrinkly and old, ugly. | 我会长皱纹 变老 变丑 |
[1:24:09] | No, you won’t. Not to me. | 不 你不会 对我不会 |
[1:24:17] | You’ll never be ugly. | 你绝不会变丑 |
[1:24:21] | You’re confusing me. | 你的话让我很困惑 |
[1:24:31] | – Please take this. – Have a nice life. | -请收下这个 -祝你快乐 |
[1:25:08] | Enjoying your ice cream, you fat loser? | 在吃冰淇淋吗 胖窝囊废 |
[1:25:14] | Stop that! | 住手 |
[1:25:19] | It’s okay. Forget about them. | 没事的 别理他们 |
[1:25:24] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[1:25:26] | Short Fat Brian. | 矮・胖・布莱恩 |
[1:25:29] | Well, Brian. | 布莱恩 |
[1:25:36] | You are so much more than just short and fat. | 你并不只是矮和胖 |
[1:25:44] | See? You’re Brian with the great smile. | 是吧 你是带着微笑的布莱恩 |
[1:25:48] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:26:05] | Greg! | 格雷格 |
[1:26:06] | Sorry! | 抱歉 |
[1:26:08] | Keep the noise down. | 小声点 |
[1:26:11] | Fat, ginger… | 红毛胖子 |
[1:26:16] | Shut up! | 别吵 |
[1:26:56] | You haven’t lost yet, man. | 你还没输 朋友 |
[1:28:08] | Loser. | 窝囊废 |
[1:28:12] | We are here today, sitting in this building, | 今天我们聚集于此 |
[1:28:15] | To share in the wedding of Brad and Anna, | 共同见证布拉德和安娜的婚礼 |
[1:28:18] | Two attractive young people | 两位漂亮的年轻人 |
[1:28:20] | Who have come to the conclusion that | 一致认为 |
[1:28:22] | This wedding will be mutually beneficial, | 这桩婚姻让双方都会获利 |
[1:28:25] | That their genetic match-up will be | 他们的基因结合 |
[1:28:26] | Most likely to produce favourable offspring | 会带来优秀的后代 |
[1:28:30] | And a lifetime of financial stability and physical security. | 经济上的稳定和人身安全保证 |
[1:28:36] | Brad, do you agree to stay with Anna for as long as you want to | 布拉德 在可能的情况下 你要陪伴安娜 |
[1:28:41] | And to protect your offspring | 在有能力的情况下 你要保护你的后代 |
[1:28:43] | for as long as you can? | 你愿意吗 |
[1:28:44] | I do. | 我愿意 |
[1:28:46] | And Anna, do you agree to stay with Brad for as long as | 安娜 在可能的情况下 你要陪伴布拉德 |
[1:28:50] | You want to and to protect your offspring | 在有能力的情况下 你要保护你的后代 |
[1:28:53] | for as long as you can? | 你愿意吗 |
[1:29:00] | I do. | 我愿意 |
[1:29:02] | Before I pronounce these two man and wife, | 在我宣布他们成为夫妻前 |
[1:29:04] | Is there anyone here in this building | 在座各位有人 |
[1:29:08] | Who believes they offer a better genetic match-up to either party? | 确认他的的基因更适合配对吗 |
[1:29:18] | Me. | 我 |
[1:29:21] | Oh, come on, Mark. | 拜托 马克 |
[1:29:23] | I mean, look at you. How can you possibly be better than me? | 看看你自己 你怎么可能比我更适合 |
[1:29:27] | Because she’s happy with me. | 因为她和我一起很快乐 |
[1:29:29] | If she were happy with you, | 如果她和你一起很快乐 |
[1:29:31] | What is she doing standing up here with me? | 她为什么还会和我站在这里 |
[1:29:32] | She thinks her kids deserve the best possible start in life. | 她认为她的孩子不能输在起跑线上 |
[1:29:36] | And she’s right. | 她是正确的 |
[1:29:37] | Yeah. And do you know what that makes you? | 没错 那你知道这让你变成什么了吗 |
[1:29:40] | You’re a sperm donor. | 你只是个捐精人 |
[1:29:44] | She’s my best friend. | 她是我最好的朋友 |
[1:29:47] | I thought I was your best friend. | 我以为我是你最好的朋友 |
[1:29:49] | Not now. Let’s… | 现在不是 我们… |
[1:29:53] | And I love her. | 我也爱她 |
[1:29:56] | Don’t do this. | 别嫁给他 |
[1:29:58] | Don’t do it. | 别这样做 |
[1:30:01] | Is this what you really want? | 这是你真心想要的吗 |
[1:30:03] | It’s the way of the world, Mark. | 这就是现实 马克 |
[1:30:05] | Why? Why does it have to be? | 为什么 为什么非得这样 |
[1:30:08] | Who says your kids will be better than mine? | 谁说你的孩子会比我的更好 |
[1:30:10] | Who says that a strong jawline or a | 谁说分明的轮廓 |
[1:30:12] | Fast metabolism or a muscular physique… | 快速的新陈代谢 强健的体格 |
[1:30:15] | He’s also taller. | 他身高也比你高 |
[1:30:16] | No, I know, but I’m just… | 我知道 我是在… |
[1:30:19] | Please, man, I… | 拜托 朋友 我在… |
[1:30:23] | Who says those traits will make your kids better than mine, | 谁说那些特征会让你的孩子比我的更好 |
[1:30:25] | Or happier? | 或更快乐 |
[1:30:26] | I’ll love our children. | 我会爱我们的孩子 |
[1:30:27] | And who says you’ll make a better husband | 谁说因为你来自更优越的家庭 |
[1:30:29] | Just because you come from a more privileged family | 或拥有更好的基因链 |
[1:30:32] | Or a better genetic line? | 就会让你成为更好的丈夫 |
[1:30:36] | She’s a prize on your arm. And your kids will be, too. | 她只是你的战利品 你的孩子也是 |
[1:30:41] | Anna. | 安娜 |
[1:30:44] | If you tell me this is what you really want, I’ll go. | 如果这是你真心想要的 我会离开 |
[1:30:50] | Is this what you really want? | 这是你真心想要的吗 |
[1:30:52] | Well, now, it’s not up to us to decide what we get in life. | 我们的生活由不得自己决定 |
[1:30:54] | – That’s up to the man in the sky. – I’m talking to her. | -由天上人决定 -我是在问她 |
[1:30:59] | Why don’t you just ask the man in the sky what he wants for Anna? | 你为何不问问天上人 看他想让安娜怎样 |
[1:31:02] | – Surely he knows best. – She knows what’s best. | -他肯定知道怎样最好 -她知道怎样最好 |
[1:31:05] | Just tell her what the man in the sky wants, Mark. | 告诉她天人怎么想 马克 |
[1:31:07] | Why don’t you tell me what the man in the sky wants for us, Mark? | 告诉我天上人想让我们怎样 马克 |
[1:31:11] | Just please tell me. | 请告诉我 |
[1:31:16] | No. | 不 |
[1:31:33] | Are we married yet? | 我们算结婚了吗 |
[1:31:34] | – Because I have plans later. – There’s a few… | -因为我待会儿还有事 -还有些… |
[1:32:02] | Mark, wait! | 马克 等等 |
[1:32:06] | Why don’t you just tell me what the man in the sky wants? | 你为何不肯告诉我天上人怎么想 |
[1:32:11] | – I did a bad thing. – It’s okay. | -我做了件坏事 -没关系 |
[1:32:13] | – You’re allowed three. – No, you don’t understand. | -你可以做三件 -不是 你不明白 |
[1:32:18] | There is no man in the sky. | 根本没有天上人 |
[1:32:25] | Why did you say there was? | 你以前为何说有 |
[1:32:30] | I couldn’t stand the look on my mum’s face when she was dying. | 当我妈慢慢死去时我不忍心看她痛苦的脸 |
[1:32:34] | And things just escalated. | 后来事态不断发展 |
[1:32:39] | But how did you say something that wasn’t? | 你如何能说出不是事实的东西 |
[1:32:42] | I don’t know, I just did. I just can. | 我不知道 我确实能 |
[1:32:46] | But when I asked you if being rich | 但当我问你 拥有财富 |
[1:32:48] | And successful and famous changed your genetics, | 成功和名望能否改变你的基因时 |
[1:32:51] | Why didn’t you just say yes? | 你为何不说能 |
[1:32:55] | ‘Cause it wouldn’t count. | 因为这确实不管用 |
[1:33:00] | Mark. | 马克 |
[1:33:04] | I know what I want. | 我知道我想要什么了 |
[1:33:10] | I want little fat kids with snub noses. | 我要胖乎乎的长着塌鼻子的孩子 |
[1:33:20] | I’m your man. | 我就是你要找的男人 |
[1:33:35] | So that’s it. I got the girl. | 就这样 我得到了心爱的女孩 |
[1:33:38] | Anna and I are very happy together, by the way. | 顺带说下 安娜和我都非常快乐 |
[1:33:41] | She still doesn’t fully understand how | 她仍未弄明白我是如何 |
[1:33:44] | I said or did all those things. | 说出做出那些事的 |
[1:33:45] | No one does. I’m still the only person who can tell a lie. | 没人能明白 我仍是唯一能说谎的人 |
[1:33:49] | Actually, that’s not entirely true. | 事实上 并不完全对 |
[1:33:55] | What do you think? | 觉得怎样 |
[1:33:59] | That looks good. | 看着不错 |
[1:34:03] | It tastes so good, mommy. | 味道很好 妈妈 |
[1:34:06] | – Your best yet. – I’m so glad you like it. | -你做得最好的 -我真开心你们能喜欢 |
[1:34:15] | I don’t know where to start. | 我不知该先吃什么 |
[1:34:18] | Just start on the bread, maybe, then work my way up there. | 也许从面包开始 然后那个 |
[1:34:23] | You eat that. You liked it so much. Why don’t you eat some more? | 快吃啊 你那么喜欢 为什么不再吃点 |
[1:34:29] | He loves it. | 他爱吃那个 |