英文名称:Alexander Revisited The Final Cut
年代:2004
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[03:03] | Alexander, the army will divide. | 亚历山大 军队即将分裂 |
[03:06] | Satrapies will revolt. Without your orders, there’ll be war. | 各地即将叛乱 没有你的命令 战争将会爆发 |
[03:10] | We beg you. Tell us who. | 我们求你 告诉大家是谁 |
[04:12] | Our world is gone now. | 如今 我们的世界已经消逝 |
[04:16] | I’m the last left alive. | 我是硕果仅存的一个 |
[04:21] | Whether that’s a blessing or a curse… | 不管这是天赐之福 还是诅咒 |
[04:24] | …who by Hades would know. | 只有天晓得 |
[04:29] | But I’ve paid my price… | 但是我已经付出了代价 |
[04:32] | …in blood. | 血的代价 |
[04:36] | And in broken dreams. | 梦想破碎的代价 |
[04:41] | They say we were the greatest fighting force ever known to man. | 他们都说我们是人类所知最强的军队 |
[04:48] | Greater even than the expedition to Troy. | 甚至比远征特洛伊的大军更强大 |
[04:54] | But how can I say it? | 但是该怎么说呢? |
[04:56] | How can I tell you what it is like to be young… | 我该怎么形容呢? |
[04:59] | …and to dream big dreams? | 年轻的时候 怀有宏大梦想的样子 |
[05:03] | To believe when Alexander looked you in the eye, you could do anything. | 一心相信当亚历山大看着你时 你什么都能做到 |
[05:08] | Anything. | 无所不能 |
[05:12] | In his presence, by the light of Apollo, we were better than ourselves. | 在他面前…我们就像沐浴在阿波罗的光辉下 变得比我们本身更加优秀 |
[05:20] | Truly, I’ve known many great men in my life… | 真的 我一生中认识不少了不起的人 |
[05:26] | …but only one colossus. | 但伟人只有一个 |
[05:29] | And only now, when old… | 只有现在 等我老了 |
[05:31] | …do I understand who this force of nature really was. | 我才真正意识到这种神奇力量的真相 |
[05:41] | Or do I? | 或者 我真的了解? |
[05:43] | Did such a man as Alexander exist? Of course not. | 像亚历山大那样的人真的存在过吗? 当然没有 |
[05:48] | We idolize him, make him better than he was. | 是我们膜拜他 拔高了他 |
[05:52] | Men, all men, reach and fall… | 人类 所有的人类都是盛极则衰 |
[05:57] | …reach and fall. | 盛极则衰 |
[06:05] | In the East, the vast Persian Empire ruled almost all the known world. | 在东方 辽阔的波斯帝国统治着…几乎所有的已知世界 |
[06:13] | In the West, the once great Greek city-states… | 在西方 曾经盛极一时的大希腊城邦 |
[06:17] | …Thebes, Athens, Sparta, had fallen from pride. | 底比斯 雅典 斯巴达都丧失了荣耀 |
[06:23] | For 100 years now, the Persian kings had bribed the Greeks… | 一百年来 波斯皇帝们用他们的黄金 |
[06:28] | …with their gold to fight as mercenaries. | 贿赂希腊人充当他们的雇佣军 |
[06:31] | It was Philip, the one-eyed, who changed all this… | 是独眼的菲利浦改变了这一切 |
[06:36] | …uniting tribes of illiterate sheepherders from the high and lowlands. | 他把高地和低地上那些…未开化的游牧部落联合起来 |
[06:41] | With his blood and guts, he built a professional army… | 他靠自己的鲜血和胆量建立了一支职业军队 |
[06:46] | …that brought the devious Greeks to their knees. | 让狡猾的希腊人向他屈膝 |
[06:51] | He then turned his eye on Persia… | 接着他把目光投向了波斯 |
[06:53] | …where it was said the Great King Darius himself… | 传说连大流士大帝本人…也怀着对菲利浦的恐惧 |
[06:57] | …on his throne in Babylon, feared Philip. | 忐忑不安地坐在宝座上 |
[07:06] | Philip was murdered… | 菲利浦的谋杀案 |
[07:08] | …much to Persia’s delight and perhaps sponsored by their gold. | 让波斯举国欢庆 多半是他们用钱财收买的结果 |
[07:12] | And Alexander, at 20 became the new ruler of Macedonia. | 亚历山大才20岁…就变成了马其顿新的统治者 |
[07:18] | Announcing revenge for the death of Philip… | 宣布要为菲利浦的死复仇 |
[07:21] | …Alexander liberated all of the cities of western Asia… | 亚历山大解放了亚洲西部 |
[07:25] | …south to Egypt… | 往南直到埃及的所有城市 |
[07:28] | …where he was declared Pharaoh of Egypt… | 埃及人尊他为法老 |
[07:32] | …and worshipped as a god. | 并奉他为神灵 |
[07:37] | And finally, he provoked the rise to battle… | 最终 他煽动兴起的民族发动战争 |
[07:42] | …in the heart of the Persian Empire, near Babylon. | 长驱直入 一直攻到…波斯帝国的中心地带巴比伦附近 |
[07:57] | It was mad. | 真是疯狂 |
[07:58] | Forty thousand of us against hundreds of thousands… | 我们仅四万人 |
[08:01] | … of barbarian races unknown to us… | 对方是我们一无所知的野蛮人 人数是我们的几百倍 |
[08:04] | … gathered under Darius himself. | 并由大流士本人亲自召集 |
[08:09] | East and west had now come together… | 西方和东方在此相遇 |
[08:12] | … to decide the fate of the known world. | 将决定着已知世界的命运 |
[08:17] | It was the day Alexander had waited for all his life. | 这是亚历山大已经等待了一生的日子 |
[08:23] | Son of a god. | 神灵的儿子 |
[08:27] | It was a myth, of course. | 当然 这只是神话 |
[08:29] | At least it started as a myth. | 至少开头是神话 |
[08:32] | I know. | 我知道 |
[08:35] | I was there. | 我就在场 |
[08:37] | In the crack of the Persian line, we’ll go for the head. | 我们穿过波斯人阵形缺口 直取敌酋 |
[08:42] | Kill Darius? | 杀掉大流士? |
[08:43] | The gods have brought him to us at last. | 诸神终于把他交到我们手里 |
[08:47] | If I die, it’s one Macedonian. | 如果我死了 不过是死了一个马其顿人 |
[08:50] | But the Persians, they cannot move without Darius’ command. | 但波斯人没有大流士的命令就不能行动 |
[08:53] | Here. Right here, we cut the throat of the Persian army. | 这里 就在这里…我们可以切断波斯军队的咽喉 |
[08:58] | This is madness. You’ll never get within 100 paces of him. | 这完全是发疯 你永远无法靠近他百步以内的 |
[09:01] | Have you seen the sheer size of his force? | 你看到他军队的规模了吗? |
[09:04] | Not if you hold them on the left, my brave Parmenion… | 如果你能在左边挡住他们 就能 |
[09:08] | …with your son Philotas for just one, two hours tomorrow. | 勇敢的帕曼纽 带着你儿子菲罗塔斯 拖住他一小时 |
[09:14] | And you, unbreakable Antigonus, the center phalanx. | 还有你…从不言败的安提柯斯 你负责中央方阵 |
[09:19] | Perdiccas, Leonnatus… | 佩迪克斯 勒拉塔斯 |
[09:23] | …Nearchus, Polyperchon. | 尼阿克斯 波利佩恩 |
[09:27] | If you pin them on the walls of your sarissas, here in the center… | 如果你们用人墙在中央方向挡着他们 |
[09:32] | …their cavalry will follow me out to the right. | 我就可以从右边引出他们的骑兵 |
[09:35] | And when bold Cassander breaks, stretching their left… | 等英勇的喀山德打开突破口 拉长他们的左翼阵线 |
[09:39] | …a hole will open. Then I and my cavalry- | 然后我就能带着骑兵 |
[09:42] | Our revered Cleitus… | 尊敬的克雷塔斯 |
[09:44] | …Ptolemy and Hephaistion. | 托勒密和赫菲斯提安 |
[09:48] | Will strike through that gap… | 就会从侧面的缺口冲进去 |
[09:50] | …and deal the deathblow to Darius’ head. | 取下大流士的首级 |
[09:53] | Since when, by the light of Apollo, has cavalry been used to break an infantry line? | 阿波罗在上 何时骑兵也用来突破步兵战线了? |
[09:58] | What was it we did to Chaeronea, Parmenion? | 那我们对喀罗尼亚做的呢 帕曼纽? |
[10:00] | Alexander, even with luck, timing, the gods, they’re at least five to our one… | 亚历山大即使有运气天时和诸神帮助 他们至少是我们的五倍 |
[10:04] | …which means in truth we must rout them tomorrow, destroy their army completely. | 这意味着我们明天必须击溃他们 全歼对方军队 |
[10:08] | Or we’ll be picked apart by bandit tribes on the long journey home. | 否则我们在回家的漫长旅途中…会被土匪们各个击破 |
[10:12] | Right. | 正确 |
[10:14] | You speak of home and retreat… | 你说到回家和撤退 |
[10:19] | …but do you understand, Parmenion? | 但是你能理解吗 帕曼纽? |
[10:23] | Babylon’s my new home. | 巴比伦就是我的新家 |
[10:28] | Alexander… | 亚历山大 |
[10:30] | …if we must fight… | 如果我们必须作战的话 |
[10:33] | …do so with stealth. | 就应该偷袭 好好利用你的部队 |
[10:35] | Use your numbers well. We should attack tonight when they least expect us. | 我们应该在今晚他们意想不到时进攻 |
[10:49] | I didn’t cross Asia to steal this victory, Cassander. | 我穿过亚洲…不是为了盗取这场胜利 喀山德 |
[10:53] | No, you are too honorable for that. | 是的 你太看重荣誉了 |
[10:57] | No doubt influenced from sleeping with Tales of Troy under your pillow. | 你从小到大 都枕着特洛伊传说睡觉 受其影响太深 |
[11:03] | But your father was no lover of Homer’s. | 可你父亲并不是荷马的爱好者 |
[11:06] | The lands west of the Euphrates, Alexander, the hand of his daughter in marriage. | 你看 幼发拉底河以西的广袤土地…和他女儿的婚约 |
[11:10] | Since when has a Greek been given such honors? | 什么时候希腊人也有这种荣耀了? |
[11:12] | There are not honors, Parmenion, they’re bribes… | 帕曼纽 这不是荣耀 |
[11:17] | …which the Greeks have accepted too long. | 这种贿赂…希腊人收取得太久了 |
[11:23] | Do you forget that the man who murdered my father… | 你忘了那个杀死我父亲的凶手吗? |
[11:25] | …lies across the valley floor? Come, Alexander… | 别这样 亚历山大 |
[11:28] | …we’re still not really sure if it was Persian gold behind the assassination. | 我们其实也不清楚…是不是波斯人收买他的 |
[11:32] | But that is no matter! | 这没关系 |
[11:34] | Your father taught you never to surrender your reason to your passion. | 你父亲教导你永远不要感情用事 |
[11:38] | Now I urge you… | 根据我的经验 |
[11:40] | …with all my experience, regroup. | 我觉得你应该改变部署 |
[11:44] | Fall back to the coast, raise a larger force. | 撤回岸边 召集更多军队 |
[11:47] | I would, if I were Parmenion. | 我会这样做 如果我是帕曼纽 |
[11:52] | But I am Alexander. | 但我是亚历山大 |
[11:54] | And no more than Earth has two suns will Asia bear two kings. | 一山不容二虎 亚洲也不能有两个君王 |
[11:58] | These are my terms. | 这就是我的宣言 |
[12:00] | And if Darius isn’t a coward who hides behind his men… | 假如大流士…不是躲在自己军队后面的懦夫 |
[12:05] | …then he’ll come to me tomorrow. | 那么明天他就会来找我 |
[12:07] | And when he bows down to Greece… | 当他向希腊低头的时候 |
[12:12] | …Alexander will be merciful. | 亚历山大会宽宏大量的 |
[12:21] | By Ares’ chains, he has got balls, men. | 阿瑞斯在上 这个人还是个男人呢 |
[12:26] | I mean, give the man his due, Parmenion. | 给这个人他应得的一切 帕曼纽 |
[12:30] | And, lads, feast tonight, for tomorrow we will dine in Hades. | 小伙子们 今晚一醉方休 明天我们就要到地府相会了 |
[12:46] | I’ve seen one before. It was still alive. | 我曾经见过 如今还栩栩如生 |
[13:04] | To whom do you pray? | 你在向谁祈祷? |
[13:09] | Phobos. | 福波斯 |
[13:12] | Fear? | 恐惧? |
[13:16] | A bad omen. | 恶兆 |
[13:20] | More so for Darius. | 大概是大流士的凶兆 |
[13:28] | I’ve come to believe the fear of death drives all men, Hephaistion. | 我向来相信 死亡的恐惧…驱迫着所有人 赫菲斯提安 |
[13:34] | And this we didn’t learn as schoolboys. | 这是我们在学校无法学到的 |
[13:37] | It is the cause of all of our misfortunes. | 这是我们不幸的源头 |
[13:42] | So, mighty Crateros. Your Majesty. | 伟大的格雷塔斯 陛下 |
[13:45] | Are you ready for tomorrow? It’s been too long coming if you ask me. | 你准备好迎接明日了吗? 若你想问 我得说等得太久了 |
[13:48] | The men are skittish as colts and the damn bulls won’t shut their snouts. | 这些士兵就像初生之犊一样轻佻 还有这些公牛从不闭上它们的臭嘴 |
[13:53] | Good. Fear makes men fight better. | 好 恐惧会让士兵更加勇猛 |
[13:57] | Post your sentries alertly but rest them well. | 安排好岗哨 保持警觉和注意休息 |
[14:00] | Don’t you worry, general. I’m known to sleep with my eyes open as a baby’s arse. | 你别担心 将军 谁都知道…我连睡觉的时候也睁着眼睛 |
[14:04] | Only because someone might steal his loot, sire. | 也许是怕别人偷他的战利品吧 长官 |
[14:08] | Well, someone owes Crateros for his cheapness. | 看来有人该为格雷塔斯的吝啬负责了 |
[14:11] | He buys neither gloves nor blankets to warm himself. | 他既没买臂铠也没买毯子来取暖 |
[14:14] | Who needs gloves when you come from grace? | 如果你天生优雅 又何须臂铠? |
[14:17] | Who needs clothes when you can fight naked? | 如果你可以赤身作战 又何须衣物? |
[14:20] | He’s right. | 他说得对 |
[14:22] | After tomorrow, even the thrifty among you shall be kings. | 明天以后 你们有的穷人也能变成国王 |
[14:25] | The gods are with us, Your Majesty. We’ll stain the ground… | 诸神站在我们这边 陛下 |
[14:28] | …in Persian blood, my king. | 我们会让波斯人血染这片土地 国王 |
[14:31] | You’re on the first row tomorrow, boy. | 明天你会站在最前线 孩子 |
[14:36] | I’ve always believed, Alexander… | 我很确信 亚历山大 |
[14:39] | …but this seems so much bigger than us. | 但这看起来 实在比我们庞大多了 |
[14:42] | Did Patroclus doubt Achilles when they stood side by side at the seat of Troy? | 当帕特洛克罗斯和阿喀琉斯…在特洛伊并肩作战时 有质疑过对方吗? |
[14:47] | Patroclus died first. | 帕特克洛斯先死 |
[14:50] | If you do… | 如果你也如此 |
[14:53] | If you were to fall, Hephaistion, even if Macedonia were to lose a king… | 如果你先倒下 赫菲斯提安 即使马其顿会失去国王 |
[14:57] | …I will avenge you. | 我也会为你复仇 |
[15:00] | And follow you down to the house of death. | 然后追随你去冥府 |
[15:03] | I would do the same. | 我也会做同样的事 |
[15:15] | On the eve of battle, it’s hardest to be alone. | 大战前夜 孤独一人真让人难以忍受 |
[15:24] | Then perhaps… | 那也许 |
[15:28] | Perhaps this is farewell then… | 也许这就是永别 |
[15:32] | …my Alexander. | 我的亚历山大 |
[15:35] | Fear not, Hephaistion. We are at the beginning. | 恐怕不是 赫菲斯提安 我们才刚开始 |
[16:15] | Blood makes the world rise. | 鲜血令世界兴起 |
[16:20] | Blood makes the rain fall. | 鲜血令大雨倾盆 |
[16:26] | Blood makes the earth grow. | 鲜血令土地生长 |
[16:31] | And in blood, all men are born and die. | 所有人都在鲜血中出生死亡 |
[16:39] | Blood is the food of the gods below. | 鲜血是地下神灵的食粮 |
[16:59] | Come, Bucephalus. Today we ride to our destiny. | 来吧 布赛佛勒斯 今天我们要迎接命运 |
[17:06] | Company, group! Regroup! | 立正!迎接检阅! |
[17:21] | Phalanx, turn right! | 列队!向右转! |
[17:41] | Phalanx, attention! | 列队!注意! |
[18:07] | Neoptolemus. | 涅佩塔勒玛斯 |
[18:10] | I remember you the day you took the siege tower at Tyre. | 我还记得你拿下了提尔的城楼的那天 |
[18:13] | You were a giant. And today, how will you fight? | 你是个大力神 今天你会怎样战斗? |
[18:22] | Dexippos, by Athena. | 德希普斯 雅典娜在上 |
[18:25] | How far was it you threw your man wrestling at the last Olympic Games? | 上次你在奥运会的摔跤赛里…把那个人扔了多远? |
[18:29] | Will you match it with your spear? | 你能配得上你的长矛吗? |
[18:36] | And Timander, son of Menander, a great soldier to my father. | 提曼德 你父亲曼南德…是我父亲手下的优秀士兵 |
[18:42] | I still mourn your brother, Addaios, who died so bravely at Halicarnassus. | 你兄弟埃达欧斯…在哈里卡纳斯死得那样英勇 |
[18:46] | What an honored family you descend from, Timander. | 你出身多么光荣啊提曼德 |
[18:50] | You fight for them today. | 今天你要为你的家人而战 |
[18:55] | You’ve all honored your country and your ancestors. | 你们都为国家和祖先赢得过光荣 |
[19:01] | And now we come to this most distant place in Asia… | 现在我们来到亚洲这个偏远的地方 |
[19:06] | …where across from us, Darius has at last gathered a vast army… | 就在我们的对面 大流士集结了一支庞大的军队 |
[19:40] | But ask yourselves… | 但是问问你们自己 |
[19:42] | …who is this great king who pays assassins in gold coins… | 是哪一个君王收买了刺客 |
[19:47] | …to murder my father, our king… | 让他杀害了我的父亲 我们的国王 |
[19:50] | …in a most despicable and cowardly manner? | 手段如此卑劣懦弱 |
[19:55] | Who is this great king, Darius, who enslaves his own men to fight? | 是哪个君王大流士…奴役自己的人民 逼他们去战斗? |
[20:00] | Who is this king but a king of air? | 哪个君王不都是虚无的君王? |
[20:05] | These men do not fight for their homes. | 这些人不是为了自己的家园而战 |
[20:08] | They fight because this king tells them they must. | 他们作战是因为这个君王强迫他们 |
[20:12] | And when they fight, they will melt away like the air… | 他们作战的时候 他们也会化作虚无 |
[20:16] | …because they know no loyalty to a king of slaves. | 因为他们对一个奴隶主没有任何忠诚 |
[20:20] | But we are not here today as slaves. | 但我们不是以奴隶的身份出现在这里 |
[20:24] | We are here today… | 今天 我们在此 |
[20:26] | …as Macedonian freemen! | 是作为马其顿的自由公民 |
[20:45] | And though outnumbered… | 尽管他们的人数超过我们 |
[20:48] | …I say to you who know the price of tyranny… | 但我要对你们这些深知暴政的苦楚 |
[20:53] | …who’ve carried the Persian yoke too long… | 受够波斯人的奴役的人说 |
[20:58] | …you have a strength born of your hearts… | 你们具有与生俱来的力量来自你们的心灵 |
[21:03] | …and all their arms, their numbers… | 他们的武器他们的人数… |
[21:06] | …their chariots and all their fine horses… | 他们的战车和他们的骏马 |
[21:10] | …will mean nothing in the hands of slaves. | 在奴隶的手里 一钱不值 |
[21:13] | Some of you… | 但是你们 |
[21:17] | …perhaps myself… | 包括我 |
[21:19] | …will not live to see the sun set over these mountains today. | 也许不会活着看到今天的太阳落山 |
[21:25] | For I will be in the very thick of battle with you. | 我会跟你们一样冲在最前线 |
[21:32] | But remember this: | 但是请牢记: |
[21:34] | The greatest honor a man can ever achieve… | 一个男人能取得的最高荣誉 |
[21:39] | …is to live with great courage and to die with his countrymen… | 乃为敢做敢为而生 为保家卫国而死 |
[21:45] | …in battle for his home. | 为最高荣誉而战 |
[21:53] | I say to you… | 我要告诉你们 |
[21:56] | …what every warrior has known since the beginning of time. | 开天辟地以来每个战士都明白的道理 |
[22:00] | Conquer your fear… | 只要战胜恐惧… |
[22:03] | …and I promise you, you will conquer death. | 我保证你们就会战胜死亡 |
[22:31] | And someday I vow to you… | 我向你们发誓 总有一天 |
[22:34] | …your sons and your grandsons will look into your eyes. | 你们的子孙后代…会看着你们的眼睛 |
[22:41] | And when they ask why you fought so bravely at Gaugamela… | 问起我们是如何勇敢在高加米拉战斗时 |
[22:46] | …you will answer… | 你们可以用 |
[22:48] | …with all the strength of your great, great hearts: | 伟大的心灵之力回答他们 |
[22:53] | “I was here this day at Gaugamela… | 这一天 我在高加米拉 |
[22:57] | …for the freedom… | 为了希腊的… |
[23:01] | …and glory… | 自由和光荣… |
[23:06] | …of Greece!” | 而战! |
[23:15] | Zeus be with us! | 宙斯与我们同在! |
[23:45] | Cassander! Four columns, go! | 喀山德!四个纵队 上! |
[23:54] | Where does he go? | 他去哪里了? |
[23:56] | I don’t know, Majesty. | 我不知道 陛下 |
[23:58] | Envelop him, Bessus. | 包围他 贝萨斯 |
[24:05] | Hephaistion, go! | 赫菲斯提安 上! |
[24:18] | Phalanx! | 纵队! |
[24:38] | He makes a mistake, Pharnakes. | 他犯了个错误 帕勒克斯 |
[24:44] | Yes, great king. | 是的 大帝 |
[25:48] | Be brave, men. | 勇敢些 士兵们 |
[25:52] | Steady on the left, lads! | 左方的小伙子们 稳住! |
[25:54] | Bend if you must, but never break. | 挺住千万别散开 |
[25:57] | And keep watching the cavalry on the left. | 注意左边的骑兵 |
[26:32] | Pick up the pace! | 加快速度 |
[26:44] | Prepare to repel chariots! | 准备迎击战车 |
[27:25] | Forward! | 前进! |
[28:17] | Cassander! | 喀山德! |
[28:19] | Forward, men! Forward! | 前进 士兵们! |
[28:32] | Left turn! Infantry, clear! Out now! | 转左!步兵!出击! |
[29:46] | Hold your positions! | 保持阵形! |
[29:48] | Hold your positions! | 保持阵形! |
[30:19] | Father! We must fall back to the gully, Father. | 父亲 我们必须撤回去 |
[30:21] | No, hold. | 不 坚持住 |
[30:23] | Where is he? We’re far too thin! Get word to Alexander! | 他在哪? 我们的阵形拉得太长! 快去叫亚历山大 |
[30:27] | Move! Yes, sir. | 快去! 是 大人 |
[30:48] | Come, Macedonians! Ride! Ride! | 马其顿士兵!冲啊! |
[30:59] | Drive for the hole! | 冲过缺口! |
[31:02] | Drive for the hole! Drive for the hole! | 冲过缺口! |
[31:38] | Prince Merdicus, bring these men up. | 美迪卡斯王子 带士兵们上! |
[32:07] | Back and to the left! Back and to the left! | 回左翼去! |
[32:10] | General! Get to your home! And go home fast. | 将军! 回你原来的位置!要快! |
[32:14] | I cannot see! | 我看不清楚 |
[32:16] | Philotas! Philotas! Father. | 菲罗塔斯! 父亲 |
[32:19] | Go. Tell Alexander yourself. | 走 你亲自去告诉亚历山大! |
[32:22] | And if he won’t listen, then survive me and avenge this betrayal! | 要是他不肯来救我 你就要活下去 报复他的背叛 |
[33:07] | Pay attention, lad! Your father still watches over you! | 小心点 小伙子!父亲看守着你! |
[33:57] | Darius! | 大流士! |
[34:00] | Find your horses. | 上马! |
[34:18] | Darius! | 大流士! |
[34:41] | Go! Go! | 撤退!赶紧撤退! |
[35:01] | We can reach those mountains by sunset, go all night and catch Darius at dawn. | 日落前我们可以到山那里 连夜追赶 到天明就可以抓住大流士 |
[35:05] | Provision the horses. | 喂马! |
[35:09] | Alexander! Alexander, my father’s lost. | 亚历山大 亚历山大 我父亲快顶不住了 |
[35:13] | They’ve overrun the flank. They’re into the baggage train. | 他们穿过了侧翼 冲到辎重队里了 |
[35:16] | Parmenion’s crumbling. | 帕曼纽要被打垮了 |
[35:18] | Alexander, if you chase him, you risk losing your army here. | 亚历山大 你若去追他 就可能在这里失去你的部队 |
[35:23] | And if we capture him, we gain an empire. | 可要是逮住他就能赢得一个帝国 |
[35:35] | You can run to the ends of the earth, you coward… | 你可以逃到天涯海角 懦夫 |
[35:38] | …but you’ll never run far enough! | 可你永远都逃不掉 |
[35:41] | To Parmenion! | 去救帕曼纽! |
[36:14] | You bleed free, my lord. | 你在流血 陛下 |
[36:16] | May I tend to your wound? No, Hermolaus, not now. | 能帮你疗伤吗? 不 现在不行 |
[36:19] | There’s far worse than me. Go to them. | 他们比我严重得多 去帮助他们吧 |
[36:22] | Help them. | 照顾他们 |
[36:47] | How was this done, soldier? | 这是怎么来的 士兵? |
[36:51] | Spear. | 标枪 |
[36:54] | But I got two of the buggers. | 但是我杀了两个没种的 |
[36:59] | Your Majesty. | 陛下 |
[37:02] | You’re very brave. | 你真的很勇敢 |
[37:06] | What shall I call you? | 我该怎么称呼你? |
[37:08] | Glaukos, my king. Glaukos. | 克劳克斯 大王 |
[37:12] | And where’s your home? Illyria. | 克劳克斯 你家在哪? 伊拉亚 |
[37:17] | Let your body go loose. | 放松你的身体 |
[37:23] | Think of home now. | 想想你的家乡 |
[37:25] | Be brave again, Glaukos… | 再勇敢一回 克劳克斯 |
[37:29] | …and you will live on in glory. | 你会活在荣耀中 |
[37:35] | Alexander. | 亚历山大 |
[37:47] | The Persian Empire, the greatest the world had yet known… | 波斯帝国 迄今为止最大的帝国 |
[37:51] | … was destroyed. | 被摧毁了 |
[37:58] | And Alexander, at 25, was now king of all. | 亚历山大25岁那年 成为了万邦之王 |
[38:17] | If you hesitate, she will strike. | 要是你迟疑不决 她就会咬你 |
[38:24] | Yes. | 对了 |
[38:27] | They are like people. | 它们和人一样 |
[38:30] | You can love them for years. Feed them, nurture them… | 即使你爱它们几十年 喂养它们 教育他们 |
[38:37] | …but still, they can turn on you. | 它们还是会背叛你 |
[38:50] | Don’t hurt her. | 别弄伤她 |
[38:54] | Good. | 好 |
[38:58] | Now… | 现在 |
[39:05] | He calls me a barbarian. | 他还叫我野蛮人 |
[39:08] | He makes a mockery of Dionysus every night. | 他每晚都在侮辱狄俄尼索斯 |
[39:26] | Some called his mother, Queen Olympias, a sorceress… | 有人说 他的母亲…奥林匹亚斯王后是个女巫 |
[39:30] | … and said that Alexander was the child of Zeus. | 有些人说亚历山大是宙斯的孩子 |
[39:34] | Others, Dionysus. | 还有些人说是狄俄尼索斯的孩子 |
[39:37] | Women are the only ones who know Dionysus. | 只有女人才了解狄俄尼索斯 |
[39:54] | But truly, there was not a man in Macedonia who didn’t look… | 看着这对父子并肩而立 |
[39:58] | … at father and son, side by side, and wonder. | 马其顿没有一个人不心生疑虑 |
[40:16] | My little Achilles. | 我的小阿喀琉斯 |
[40:40] | Stay, Alexander, down. Down. | 躺着 亚历山大 躺下 躺下 |
[40:45] | What is it you want? | 你在干什么? |
[40:47] | Six months. Did you miss me? | 已经六个月了 你不思念我吗? |
[40:49] | No. Not here! Proud bitch. I’m still your king. | 不 不要在这 傲慢的婊子 我是你的国王 |
[40:53] | King of what? Sheepherders? | 什么国王? 不过是一群放羊的 |
[41:01] | I am of Achilles’ royal blood. The blood of Herakles runs in my veins. | 我是神圣阿喀琉斯的后裔 身上流着赫拉克勒斯的血 |
[41:06] | You are nothing but a drunken whore. Shut your mouth. | 你不过是个醉鬼 闭嘴 |
[41:08] | You 10-titted bitch from Hades! | 你这只地狱来的母狗 |
[41:10] | Which god could I curse to have ever laid eyes on you! | 各位神灵在上 我诅咒你! |
[41:15] | Do you think people respect you? | 你以为人们尊敬你 |
[41:18] | You think they don’t know your bastards? | 你以为他们不知道你是个杂种吗 |
[41:29] | Damn your sorceress soul! You keep him here like one of your snakes! | 你这该死的巫婆!把他像蛇一样养着 |
[41:33] | I told you not! I told you not. | 我告诉过你不准这样! 我告诉过你不准这样! |
[41:36] | You’ll obey me. I will not. | 你必须服从我 永不 |
[41:39] | You’ll obey me, or I’ll kill you with my own hands. | 你必须服从我 不然我就亲手杀了你 |
[41:46] | Let her go! No! Stop! Papa! | 放开他!不要!爸爸 |
[41:53] | Obey me! Your Majesty! No! | 服从我! 陛下 别这样! |
[41:58] | In the name of the gods. | 诸神在上 |
[42:00] | He will never be yours! Never! | 他永远不会是你的 永远不会! |
[42:05] | In my womb, I carried my avenger! | 我的肚子里孕育的是我的复仇 |
[42:19] | In the world he grew up to… | 我相信 就在这样的环境下成长 |
[42:23] | … i’ve come to believe it was in friendship that Alexander found his sanity. | 亚历山大只能从朋友身上…才找到健全的心智 |
[42:28] | You don’t need much to fight. | 当你站在前线 面对北方的蛮族时 |
[42:32] | When you’re in the front ranks of a battle, facing some Northern barbarian tribe… | 你很容易就能投入战斗 |
[42:38] | …courage won’t be in the soles of your feet, Perdiccas. | 勇气并不在你的脚底 佩迪克斯 |
[42:43] | Or in the thickness of your tunic, Philotas. | 也不在你铠甲的厚度 菲洛塔斯 |
[42:46] | Or in the lining of your stomach, Nearchus. | 也不在你的肚子里 尼阿克斯 |
[42:49] | It’s in the heart of a man. | 它在一个男人的心里 |
[42:54] | You don’t need to eat every day or until you’re full, Ptolemy. | 你们不用每天吃饭 也不用每顿都吃饱 托勒密 |
[42:59] | You don’t need to lie in bed in a morning… | 等你急行军完毕后 能喝到一碗热汤 |
[43:02] | …when you can have some good bean soup, Cassander, after a forced night march. | 我们不用早上都躺在床上 喀山德 |
[43:07] | Come on, Alexander. | 上啊亚历山大 |
[43:09] | Where’s your hunger to twist Hephaistion’s head off? | 你就没有勇气…把赫菲斯提安的头扭下来吗? |
[43:14] | Is he stronger than you? Then beat him another way. | 是否他比你强壮? 那就攻他另一面 |
[43:20] | Who will respect you as a king? You think because of your father? | 谁会尊你为国王? 你以为是你父亲? |
[43:23] | The first rule of war is to do what you ask your men to do. No more, no less. | 战争首要原则 是让你的士兵听从你 不能多 也不能少 |
[43:32] | Good, Hephaistion. That’s it. | 太好了 赫菲斯提安 就是这样 |
[43:34] | Well done. Good wrestling, Hephaistion. That’s what I want. | 干得好 摔得真精彩 赫菲斯提安 这才是我想要的 |
[43:39] | Come, come, come. | 好了 好了 |
[43:41] | You did well, but you lost. | 你做得不错 但是你还是输了 |
[43:43] | Now, both of you, congratulate the other. Go on. | 现在你们两个人互相祝贺下 来 |
[43:49] | Would you want me to let you win, Alexander? | 要我让你赢吗 亚历山大? |
[43:53] | You’re right. | 你没做错 |
[43:56] | But I promise you, I will beat you one day, Hephaistion. | 但我向你发誓 有天我会打败你的 赫菲斯提安 |
[44:06] | It was said later that Alexander was never defeated… | 后来有人说 亚历山大从没输过 |
[44:10] | … except by Hephaistion’s thighs. | 只败在赫菲斯提安的腿下 |
[44:12] | Although an inferior race… | 虽然波斯人是劣等民族 |
[44:15] | …the Persians control at least four-fifths of the known world. | 但他们还是控制了已知世界的4/5 |
[44:21] | From Ethiopia and Egypt in the south… | 南到埃塞俄比亚和埃及 |
[44:23] | …to Caucasus and the two inland seas in the north… | 北到高加索山脉和两个内海 |
[44:26] | Philip brought such as Aristotle from Athens to educate our rough people. | 菲利浦从雅典请来…亚历士多德这样的老师…来教导我们粗野的人民 |
[44:31] | They rule, and we sit around like frogs. | 他们教导我们像青蛙一样围坐在旁 |
[44:35] | Master? Yes? | 老师? 怎么? |
[44:37] | Master! Out with it! | 老师! 说啊 |
[44:38] | Why are the Persians so cruel? Oh, come on, Nearchus. | 为什么波斯人那么残暴? 得了 尼阿克斯 |
[44:41] | That is not the subject for today, Nearchus. | 这不是今天的话题 |
[44:43] | But it is true that the Oriental races are known for their barbarity… | 不过东方民族的确以他们的野蛮… |
[44:49] | …and their slavish devotion to their senses. | 和对感官的过分投入而闻名 |
[44:51] | Which are so dull, they castrate young boys… | 这还不算 他们阉割像你们一样大的幼童 |
[44:55] | …such as yourselves, for their sexual pleasure. | 就为了满足他们的色欲 |
[44:59] | Yes. Excess in all things is the undoing of men. | 是的 穷奢极欲让人毁灭 |
[45:04] | That is why we Greeks are superior. | 这就是我们希腊人更高贵的原因 |
[45:07] | We practice control of our senses. | 我们努力控制自己的欲望 |
[45:10] | Moderation, we hope. | 我们讲究的是节制 |
[45:12] | Then what of Achilles at Troy, master? | 那阿喀琉斯在特洛伊又算什么呢 老师? |
[45:16] | Was he not excessive? Achilles simply lacks restraint. | 他不过分吗? 阿喀琉斯只是缺少约束 |
[45:21] | He dominates others so completely that even when he withdraws from battle… | 即使因为失去爱人而退出战斗 |
[45:25] | …crazed with grief over his dead lover, Patroclus… | 他仍然支配着所有人 |
[45:28] | …he seriously endangers his own army. He is a deeply selfish man. | 他将自己的部队陷入极大的危险中 他真是个极端自私的人 |
[45:34] | Would you say the love between Achilles and Patroclus is a corrupting one? | 那你能说阿喀琉斯和…帕特洛克罗斯的爱是腐朽的 |
[45:39] | When men lie together in lust, it is a surrender to the passions… | 如果男人出于性欲同床共枕 那是对情感的屈服 |
[45:42] | …and does nothing for the excellence in us. | 对我们的卓越毫无帮助 |
[45:46] | Nor does any other excess, Cassander, jealousy among them. | 其他的放纵也是如此 喀山德 嫉妒也是 |
[45:51] | But when men lie together, and knowledge and virtue are passed between them… | 但是同床共枕的男人之间…交流的是知识和美德 |
[45:57] | …that is pure and excellent. | 那就是纯粹而高尚的 |
[46:00] | When they compete to bring out the good, the best in each other… | 他们会争先引出对方最好的一面 |
[46:05] | …this is the love between men that can build a city-state… | 正是这种男人之间的爱建立城邦 |
[46:09] | …and lift us from our frog pond. | 使我们摆脱坐井观天的处境 |
[46:14] | But can a man love a woman equally, master? | 但男人能同样爱一个女人吗 老师? |
[46:17] | A woman? Of course not. | 女人? 当然不能 |
[46:18] | A woman is a slave to her passion, Hephaistion. | 女人都是情感的奴隶 赫菲斯提安 |
[46:21] | Oh, naturally there are exceptions, and we must honor them. | 哦 一般都有例外 但我们必须尊敬她们 |
[46:25] | Such as Pallas Athena, goddess of wisdom and war. | 比如智慧和战争女神雅典娜 |
[46:29] | But never forget, she is sprung not from the loins of Zeus, but from his mind. | 但永远别忘记 她也是从…宙斯腰部出生的 而不是头部 |
[46:34] | Now, you think on all this, my young frogs… | 现在 小家伙们 你们思考下 |
[46:37] | …for in you resides the future of Greek civilization. | 希腊文明的未来 |
[46:42] | To strive for honor is the highest purpose of all. | 取得荣耀是最高目的 |
[46:46] | To rule over our baser emotions. | 控制我们的基础情感 |
[46:49] | To follow reason, the divine part in each of you. | 跟随我们非凡的部分– 理智 |
[46:53] | Yes… | 是的 |
[46:55] | …to love excellence is truly to love the gods. | 热爱卓越就是热爱神灵 |
[47:01] | Now, will you stop distracting me? | 现在 你就不要再打扰我了 |
[47:03] | Back to geography and things that we know. | 让我们回到地理和已知事物上来 |
[47:06] | Is it possible that the source of Egypt’s mighty River Nile… | 有无可能…埃及的母亲河– 尼罗河 |
[47:12] | …could rise in these distant mountains of the outer earth? | 是从这些偏远的群山中发源的? |
[47:16] | If so, an experienced navigator could find his way here… | 如果是这样 那么有经验的航海家就能找到水道 |
[47:22] | …by this river east, down into the great plains of India… | 沿着这条河向东 深入印度的大平原 |
[47:27] | …out into the eastern ocean at end of the world… | 到达世界尽头的东大洋 |
[47:31] | …and by this route up the Nile… | 再沿这条路线从尼罗河北上 |
[47:36] | …back to Egypt, into the Middle Sea and home to Greece. | 回到埃及 再进入地中海回到希腊 |
[47:42] | Now, if only these frogs could look outward… | 只要你们这些孩子…肯放眼看看外面的世界 |
[47:46] | …and act on their favored position at the center… | 在中央履行自己选择的职务 |
[47:50] | …Greece could rule the world. | 希腊就能统治世界 |
[47:52] | Why is it, master, in myth, these lands you speak of are known? | 老师 为什么在神话里…你提到的地方都是已知的? |
[47:59] | India, where Herakles and Dionysus traveled. | 赫拉克勒斯和狄俄尼索斯都去过印度 |
[48:04] | All these men who went east, Theseus, Jason, Achilles, were victorious. | 所有去过东方的人 忒修斯…伊阿宋阿喀琉斯都是成功者 |
[48:10] | From generation to generation, their stories have been passed on. | 他们的故事世世代代都在流传 |
[48:14] | Why? Unless there was truth to them? | 为什么? 除非其中包含着真相 |
[48:17] | Tales of Amazons? Minotaurs, Gorgons, Icarus flying into the sun? No, Alexander. | 亚马孙的传说? 弥诺陶洛斯? 梅杜萨? 伊卡罗斯飞向太阳? |
[48:23] | Only common people believe these tales, as they believe most anything. | 不 亚历山大 只有普通人才会…相信这些传说 因为他们什么都信 |
[48:27] | We are here precisely to educate ourselves against such foolish passions. | 我们现在要通过教育摆脱这种愚昧 |
[48:32] | But if we are superior to the Persians, as you say, why do we not rule them? | 但是按你所说 我们比波斯人高等 为什么我们不能统治他们 |
[48:37] | It is It has always been our Greek dream to go east. | 希腊人一直梦想着去东方 |
[48:42] | My father long wants it. | 你的父亲长久以来也是如此 |
[48:45] | The East has a way of swallowing men and their dreams. | 东方会吞噬人们和他们的梦想 |
[48:51] | But still, to think it’s these myths that lead us forward to the greatest glory… | 但是 想到正是这些神话…带领我们实现最伟大的荣耀 |
[48:57] | …why is it wrong to act on them? | 那实现它们又有什么错误呢? |
[49:00] | I can only warn you, not teach you. | 我只能警示你 不能教导你 |
[49:04] | Beware of what you dream for. | 对你梦想的东西要警惕 |
[49:08] | The gods have a way of punishing such pride. | 神灵会惩罚这种自大 |
[49:22] | And growing more ambitious, he now planned the invasion of Persia. | 他现在更加雄心万丈 计划着攻打波斯 |
[49:33] | The best you can do, Cleitus? Back to the phalanx with you, I’ll ride him myself. | 你就只能做到这样 克雷塔斯? 回队伍里去 我亲自来驯服它 |
[49:37] | No one will ride that beast, Your Majesty. | 没人能上那畜牲的背 陛下 |
[49:40] | Not with your leg. | 你当然不行 |
[49:43] | He’s been beaten far too often. | 他弹跳得太厉害 |
[49:46] | My noble king, he’s a high-spirited animal, yes. | 高贵的国王 它是只性格高傲的动物 当然了 |
[49:49] | High-spirited and worthy of Philip of Macedon. | 高傲才配得上马其顿的菲利浦 |
[49:53] | For three and a half talents… | 三个半塔兰特 |
[49:55] | …I couldn’t make a profit on him, but for you- | 因为是你 我可是一分钱也没赚 |
[49:58] | Why would I want such a beast? I already have a wife. | 为什么我非要这样一匹畜牲 有我老婆还不够吗? |
[50:03] | Do I seem so old? | 我看起来很老吗 |
[50:11] | Stay down, stay down. Hold him! | 镇定 镇定 拉住他! |
[50:28] | A broken neck comes free. He’s too nervous for battle. Sell him for meat. | 骑它肯定会摔断脖子的 它没上过战场把它卖给屠夫吧 |
[50:33] | Buy him for me, Father. I’ll ride him. | 替我买下它吧 父亲 我要骑它 |
[50:41] | And if you don’t? | 如果你不能呢? |
[50:42] | I’ll pay for him myself. With what, your singing voice? | 我自己付钱 用什么付? 你的歌喉? |
[50:46] | I’ll pay you! | 我会还你的 |
[50:48] | I tell you, that horse can’t be ridden, lad. His mind is broken. | 我说这匹马肯定不能骑 小伙子 它是疯的 |
[50:54] | He can be ridden. By me. | 它可以驯服的 我就能 |
[50:57] | If you can rule that horse, I’ll make him yours… | 如果你能做到 我就买下它 |
[51:00] | …at half the price. | 一半价钱 |
[51:02] | That horse will kill him, Philip. | 那匹马会害死他的 菲利浦 |
[51:05] | He’ll break the boy in two. Will he? | 它会把那孩子摔成两半 它能? |
[51:07] | Perhaps she’ll make a musician out of him yet. | 也许它会让他变成个乐师 |
[51:25] | You don’t like your shadow, do you? | 你不喜欢自己的影子 是不是? |
[51:29] | It’s like a dark spirit coming up to get you. | 就像黑暗精灵要向你扑来 |
[51:33] | Do you see? That’s us. | 你能看见吗? 是我们两个 |
[51:38] | It’s just a trick of Apollo’s. | 这是阿波罗的诡计 |
[51:41] | He’s the god of the sun. | 他是太阳神 |
[51:48] | But I’ll show you how to outwit him, you and me together. | 我会教你怎么战胜他 我们两个一起就行 |
[52:03] | The boy doesn’t have the craft, Philip. He could hurt himself. | 那孩子甚至没带工具 菲利浦 他会受伤的 |
[52:06] | He’ll have to figure that out for himself. It’s time. | 他得自己吃点苦头才会学到教训 是时候了 |
[52:11] | Good idea. | 好主意 |
[52:13] | Indeed there are times, Philip, when I wonder if he is your blood. | 我真怀疑他是不是你的血脉 |
[52:16] | I only worry that What was that, Attalus? | 我只担心 怎么了? |
[52:19] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[52:20] | I was just noticing how the people like seeing you and Eurydice together. | 我注意到你和欧律狄克在一起时…人们看你们的眼神 |
[52:29] | You go, boy! | 你上 孩子 |
[52:32] | You ride that horse and by Zeus I say, you can rule the world. | 你要是能驯服这匹马 那宙斯在上 你肯定能统治这个世界 |
[53:00] | Bucephalus. | 布赛佛勒斯 |
[53:02] | That’s what I’ll call you. Strong and stubborn. | 这是我给你起的名字 强大而坚定 |
[53:09] | Bucephalus and Alexander. | 布赛佛勒斯和亚历山大 |
[53:14] | Come now, let’s ride together. | 来吧 我们一起冲 |
[53:50] | He’s got some Titan in him yet. | 他和泰坦差不多! |
[53:52] | Attalus! Cleitus! For Zeus’ sake, he beat you, man! | 阿特拉斯 克雷塔斯 宙斯在上 他打败你们了 |
[54:02] | Now, Bucephalus, show them. | 现在 布赛佛勒斯 让他们看看 |
[54:38] | My son. | 我的儿子! |
[54:40] | My son! | 我的儿子! |
[54:53] | You remember Prometheus… | 你记得普罗米修斯吗? |
[54:55] | …who stole the secret of fire and gave it to man. | 那个偷走了火种 送给人类的男人 |
[54:59] | It made Zeus so angry… | 宙斯大发雷霆 |
[55:02] | …he chained Prometheus to a rock in the great Caucasus… | 把普罗米修斯用锁链…捆在高加索山的悬崖上 |
[55:05] | …and each day, his eagle pecked out the poor man’s liver. | 每天 他的鹰都会来啄食 这可怜人的肝脏 |
[55:10] | Each night, it grew back again so that it could be eaten the next day. | 每天晚上它又会长出来 好在第二天接着让鹰来吃 |
[55:15] | Miserable fate. | 多么悲惨的命运 |
[55:18] | Oedipus tore out his eyes when he found out… | 俄狄浦斯刺瞎双眼 |
[55:23] | …he’d murdered his father… | 当他发现自己杀害了父亲 |
[55:26] | …and married his mother. Knowledge that came too late. | 娶了母亲 知晓得太晚了 |
[55:31] | Jason… | 伊阿松 |
[55:34] | …he went east and brought back the Golden Fleece… | 他远征东方 带回金羊毛 |
[55:37] | …and married a barbarian wife, Medea. | 娶了一个蛮族老婆美狄亚 |
[55:40] | Later, when he left her for a younger wife… | 后来 他为了个更年轻的老婆 抛弃了她 |
[55:45] | …Medea slaughtered their two children in vengeance. | 为了报复 美狄亚撕碎了他们的两个孩子 |
[56:01] | My mother would never hurt me. | 我的母亲才不会伤害我 |
[56:11] | It’s never easy to escape our mothers, Alexander. | 亚历山大 我们都很难逃脱自己的母亲 |
[56:15] | All your life, beware of women. They’re far more dangerous than men. | 你一辈子都要小心女人 她们比男人更可怕 |
[56:29] | I’m sure you remember Achilles from Tales of Troy. | 你一定记得特洛伊的阿喀琉斯 |
[56:32] | He’s my favorite. Why? | 他是我最崇拜的英雄 为什么 |
[56:35] | Because he loved Patroclus and avenged his death. | 因为他爱帕特洛克罗斯 而且为他的死报了仇 |
[56:40] | Because he lived without fear, and slew Hector. | 因为他生而无畏 宰掉了赫克托耳 |
[56:43] | Some say he was a hotheaded fool… | 有人说他是个狂躁的傻瓜 |
[56:45] | …who fought for himself and not the Greeks. | 只为自己而战 而不是为了希腊 |
[56:47] | But he was a hero, the greatest at Troy. | 但他是个英雄 特洛伊最伟大的英雄 |
[56:51] | And his fate? | 他的命运呢? |
[56:52] | That he must die young but with great glory. | 他必定英年早逝 但会取得巨大荣耀 |
[56:57] | Did he have a choice? | 他有别的选择吗? |
[56:59] | Oh, yes. He could have a long life, but there would be no glory. | 有的 他可以长寿 但是没有荣耀 |
[57:08] | You dream of glory, Alexander. Your mother encourages you. | 亚历山大 你母亲鼓励你荣耀 |
[57:12] | There’s no glory without suffering, and this she will not allow. | 但不经过磨难是得不到荣耀的 她终有一天会自食其果 |
[57:16] | She makes you weak. | 她会让我软弱 |
[57:20] | The gods have never made it easy for man. | 神灵从来不会轻易放过人类 |
[57:22] | Look, Herakles. | 看 赫拉克勒斯 |
[57:28] | Even after he accomplished his 12 labors… | 尽管他完成了十二项任务 |
[57:33] | …he was punished with madness, slaughtered his three children. | 还是因为在疯狂中…杀死自己的三个孩子而受到惩罚 |
[57:39] | Poor Herakles. | 可怜的赫拉克勒斯 |
[57:43] | Great Herakles. | 伟大的赫拉克勒斯 |
[57:45] | All greatness comes from loss. | 一切伟大必定来自牺牲 |
[57:48] | Even you, the gods will one day judge harshly. | 即使是你…有一天 诸神也会做出苛刻的裁断 |
[57:54] | When I’m king like you, Father? | 当我成为你一样的国王 父亲? |
[57:56] | Don’t rush the day, boy. You risk all. | 不要让那天过早来临 你会赌上一切 |
[58:01] | My father threw me into battle before I knew how to fight. | 我父亲在我还不懂怎么战斗的时候 就把我扔进战场 |
[58:06] | When I killed my first man, he said: | 我杀掉第一个人的时候他对我说: |
[58:08] | “Now you know.” | “现在 你懂了” |
[58:11] | I hated him then, but I understand why now. | 当时我恨他 可我现在明白了 |
[58:15] | A king isn’t born, Alexander. | 国王不是天生的 亚历山大 |
[58:18] | He’s made by steel and by suffering. | 是靠磨难和钢铁造就的 |
[58:23] | A king must know how to hurt those he loves. | 一个国王必须懂得怎样伤害他爱的人 |
[58:31] | It’s lonely. Ask Herakles. | 很寂寞 问问赫拉克勒斯就知道了 |
[58:34] | Ask any of them. Fate is cruel. | 问问他们中间任何一个 命运是残酷的 |
[58:39] | No man or woman can be too powerful or too beautiful without disaster befalling. | 没有一个男人或女人…会因为强大或美貌就免于灾祸 |
[58:45] | They laugh when you rise too high and crush everything you’ve built with a whim. | 它们会在你得意时…大笑 会一时意气地毁掉你的一切 |
[58:52] | What glory they give, in the end, they take away. | 它们给你的荣耀 最终又会夺走 |
[58:57] | They make of us slaves. | 它们使我们成为奴隶 |
[59:16] | Truth is in our hearts, and none will tell you this but your father. | 真相存于我们心间 除了你父亲 没人会告诉你 |
[59:21] | Men hate the gods. | 人类憎恨神灵 |
[59:25] | The only reason we worship any of them is because we fear worse. | 我们膜拜他们的唯一原因 只是因为我们更害怕他们 |
[59:31] | What’s worse? | 什么是更差的? |
[59:33] | The Titans. | 泰坦 |
[59:35] | If they were ever to be set free… | 如果他们一旦得到自由 |
[59:37] | …it would be a darkness such as we have never seen before. | 我们将见到前所未见的黑暗 |
[59:41] | Could they ever come back? | 他们会回来吗 |
[59:44] | Can Zeus imprison the Titans forever under Mount Olympus? | 宙斯能把泰坦…永远镇压在奥林匹亚山下吗? |
[59:47] | It’s said that when Zeus burned them to dust with his lightning bolt… | 据说 宙斯用光明弩箭…将他们烧成灰烬的时候 |
[59:53] | …they took the Titans’ ashes and, in a cold revenge… | 他们带走了泰坦的骨灰 |
[59:56] | …mixed it with those of mortal men. | 出于冷血报复将它和人类混合 |
[59:58] | Why? | 为什么? |
[1:00:04] | Who knows these things? | 谁知道呢 |
[1:00:07] | One day, things will change. | 有天 事情会改变的 |
[1:00:11] | Men will change. | 人类会改变的 |
[1:00:13] | But first, the gods must change. | 但还是神灵先改变 |
[1:00:22] | But all this you’ll forget, Alexander. | 但是你不会记得这些的 亚历山大 |
[1:00:26] | That’s why we call them myths. | 这就是我们称其为”神话”的东西 |
[1:00:30] | We can’t bear to remember them. | 我们不忍记住这些 |
[1:00:32] | I’ll remember. | 我会记住的 |
[1:00:34] | And one day, I’ll be on walls like these. | 总有一天 我也会像他们一样出现在墙上 |
[1:00:45] | Alexander once said to me: | 亚历山大曾经对我说: |
[1:00:48] | “We are most alone when we are with the myths.” | “我们和神话相随的时候” “我们是最孤独的” |
[1:00:53] | Phalanx! | 列队! |
[1:00:56] | And thus, it came to pass in a dream… | 就这样子 渐渐消逝在梦中 |
[1:00:59] | … as mythical to all Greeks as Achilles defeating the Trojans. | 就像阿喀琉斯…在特洛伊的失败一样是个谜 |
[1:01:04] | At this one glorious moment in time… | 在这个光荣的时刻 |
[1:01:07] | … Alexander was loved by all. | 亚历山大赢得了所有人的爱 |
[1:01:13] | But in the end, i believe Babylon was a far easier mistress to enter… | 到了最后 我终于相信 巴比伦是个太容易征服… |
[1:01:18] | … than she was to leave. | 却难以离开的荡妇 |
[1:02:12] | Sikander! Sikander! | 斯坎达 斯坎达 |
[1:02:39] | Aristotle may have called them barbarians, but he never saw Babylon. | 亚里士多德叫他们蛮族 但他从没见过巴比伦 |
[1:02:45] | We have enough gold here to support three generations of Macedonian armies. | 这里的黄金够马其顿军队活三辈子 |
[1:02:50] | And Macedonia would soon corrupt, Cassander. | 马其顿会很快腐朽的 喀山德 |
[1:02:53] | Wealth in great quantities brings the crows. Not for the men who fought, I trust. | 太多财富会引来乌鸦 对战斗的人来说 可不是这样 |
[1:02:59] | We’ll pay them well, Antigonus, but not as mercenaries for future services. | 我们会好好犒赏他们 但为了将来 不能把他们变成雇佣军 |
[1:03:03] | Now you sound like Philip. | 你的口气像菲利浦 |
[1:03:06] | Philip never saw Babylon. | 菲利浦从没见过巴比伦 |
[1:03:08] | No, he didn’t, Hephaistion. | 对 他没见过 赫菲斯提安 |
[1:03:12] | Hello! Hello! | 你好! 你好! |
[1:03:14] | Alexander, I know you think me a stiff old sod… | 亚历山大 我知道你觉得我是个老顽固 |
[1:03:18] | …but whatever our differences, know this day… | 可不管我们有什么分歧 你要知道 |
[1:03:20] | …your father would be very proud of you. | 今天 你父亲会为你感到非常自豪 |
[1:03:26] | Thank you, Parmenion. | 谢谢 帕曼纽 |
[1:03:28] | I ask you to forgive me my own anger, my pride. | 我也要请你原谅我的怒火和傲慢 |
[1:03:33] | They, too, blind me. | 它们蒙蔽了我的双眼 |
[1:03:39] | A magnicifent mainland work from the last century. | 这了不起的杰作来自上世纪 |
[1:03:43] | The golden age, Alexander. Worth much to Athens and to our alliances. | 黄金时代 亚历山大 对雅典和其他联盟有极大价值 |
[1:03:48] | Take back what is ours… | 把属于我们的东西带走 |
[1:03:51] | …but spare what belongs to the Persians. | 但是把属于波斯的留下 |
[1:03:57] | Yes. We’re the richest men to walk the earth, my friends. | 是的 我们是世界上最有钱的人了 我的朋友们 |
[1:04:03] | Not if you keep giving it all away. The grandsons of goat herders… | 如果你别把它们都送出去的话 牧羊人的孙子… |
[1:04:08] | …we now rule 2 million square miles. | 统治了两百万平方英里土地 |
[1:04:13] | But… | 但是… |
[1:04:15] | None of you fear that this great fortune may drive us all to destruction. | 可你们就没一个害怕…这笔横财…可能把我们都毁掉吗? |
[1:04:21] | You overvalue us. | 你把我们看得太高了 |
[1:04:23] | For as long as Darius breathes, he is the legitimate king of Asia… | 只要大流士还有一口气在 他就是亚洲的正统君王 |
[1:04:27] | …and I but the king of air. | 我不过是个空架子 |
[1:04:29] | But he has no power, Alexander. He’s lost in the mountains with no army. | 可他没有力量了 亚历山大 他逃进深山 连军队都没有 |
[1:04:34] | As long as he’s lost, Philotas, he can be believed in. | 只要他躲着 菲洛塔斯 就还会有人信奉他 |
[1:04:38] | Only when he’s found will it be decided. | 只有找到他才能结束 |
[1:04:43] | It seems you’ve already made up your mind. | 看来你已经下定决心了 亚历山大 |
[1:04:45] | We must finish what we failed to do at Gaugamela. | 我们一定要完成…在高加米拉没有做到的事 |
[1:04:48] | We must hunt Darius down. | 就算天涯海角我们也要追到大流士 |
[1:04:50] | That was not your father’s mission. And I am not my father. | 你父亲不会赞同的 我不是我父亲 |
[1:04:57] | Come on. Have you so quickly forgotten? | 得了 难道你这么快就忘了? |
[1:04:59] | Fortune favors the bold. | 天佑勇者 |
[1:05:05] | No wonder Darius fled when he had this to come back to. | 难怪大流士跑了 他还打算回来享受这个呢 |
[1:05:08] | One for every night of the year. | 一年可以每天换一个 |
[1:05:38] | How will I go back to Lysimache after this? | 见过这个…我还怎么回到月神身边去? |
[1:05:40] | I advise you not to touch, Leonnatus. Here, I’ll take care of it for you. | 我建议你不要碰 我来帮你解决 |
[1:06:03] | Aristotle was perhaps prescient. | 亚里士多德也许预见到了 |
[1:06:09] | Do these images fool us with their beauty and degrade our souls? | 这些绮丽景象会使我们的灵魂堕落 |
[1:06:43] | Bagoas, great king. Darius’ boy. | 大帝 巴高斯 大流士的男孩 |
[1:06:47] | Bagoas. Nicely gilded, Your Majesty. | 巴高斯 陛下 阉割得不错吧 |
[1:06:52] | Most successful. He was certainly one of the great king’s favorites. | 这是最成功的 他是皇帝最宠爱的 |
[1:07:00] | How old? Is great well with the years. | 有多大了? 好多年来都保持着美貌 |
[1:07:06] | What are you now, Bagoas? Eighteen, 19? | 你多大了 巴高斯? 18还是19? |
[1:07:10] | Where does he come from? The north, sire. | 他从哪里来? 北方 大人 |
[1:07:15] | From the hills near Susa. | 苏萨附近的山区 |
[1:07:17] | You speak our language. | 你会说我们的语言 |
[1:07:19] | Good. I’d like to learn yours. Is learnable, my lord. | 很好 我也想学习你们的语言 很好学 陛下 |
[1:07:36] | So tell me, Bagoas… | 那告诉我 巴高斯 |
[1:07:39] | …do my eyes betray me or do you wish to be set free… | 我的眼睛…出卖了我的心 |
[1:07:42] | …to go back to your homeland? | 不过你可以回家重获自由 |
[1:07:48] | All my family’s long dead, great king. | 我的家人死去很久了 大帝 |
[1:07:51] | With your permission, I will stay on. | 如果你允许 我会留下 |
[1:07:58] | Very well then, Bagoas. | 很好 巴高斯 |
[1:08:01] | Ptolemy, administer this. | 托勒密 你来负责 |
[1:08:06] | And that’s the same of every person in the harem, woman and eunuch. | 我的话对后宫所有女人和太监都适用 |
[1:08:10] | Whoever wishes to be sent home to their families, let them. | 愿意回家去的人 让他们走 |
[1:08:14] | What? | 什么? |
[1:08:15] | Hear that, boys? He set us free. | 听见了吗 小伙子们? 他解放我们了 |
[1:08:52] | Great King Alexander. | 亚历山大大帝 |
[1:08:58] | The princess of the thousand roses… | 千朵玫瑰之公主 |
[1:09:01] | …and eldest daughter of the formerly Great King Darius… | 前王大流士的大女儿 |
[1:09:05] | …Stateira. | 斯塔蒂娜 |
[1:09:08] | Noble Alexander… | 尊贵的亚历山大 |
[1:09:17] | …I come to beg for the lives… | 我来求您给我的姐妹 |
[1:09:20] | …of my sisters… | 我来求您给我的姐妹 |
[1:09:23] | …my mother, my grandmother. | 我的母亲我的祖母放一条生路 |
[1:09:30] | You are not wrong, Princess Stateira. | 你没错 斯塔蒂娜公主 |
[1:09:34] | He, too, is Alexander. | 他也是亚历山大 |
[1:09:40] | Please. | 求您 |
[1:09:43] | I plead for my family’s lives. | 我求您放过我的家人 |
[1:09:48] | Sell me as a slave, great king, but Look now… | 把我卖为奴隶吧 大帝 |
[1:09:51] | …in my eyes… | 看着我的眼睛 |
[1:09:54] | …princess… | 公主殿下 |
[1:09:57] | …and tell me… | 告诉我 |
[1:09:59] | …how would you like to be treated? | 您希望得到怎样的待遇? |
[1:10:04] | As I am… | 按我的身份 |
[1:10:07] | …a princess. | 公主身份 |
[1:10:12] | Then so be it. | 那么这样吧 |
[1:10:15] | You and your family shall be treated as my family. | 您和您的家人将会得到…和我的家人一样的待遇 |
[1:10:21] | You shall live in this palace as long as you choose. | 您在这宫殿里愿住多久就住多久 |
[1:10:25] | Have you any other requests for me, my noble princess? | 您对我还有别的请求吗? 尊贵的公主? |
[1:10:31] | No. | 不 |
[1:10:33] | Everything I wish… | 我希望的一切 |
[1:10:37] | …I have requested. | 我已经请求过了 |
[1:10:40] | You truly are… | 您确实 |
[1:10:42] | …a queen. | 像一位王后 |
[1:10:51] | Yes, she would be a perfect match for you… | 是的 她绝对配得上你 |
[1:10:54] | … but you do nothing. | 可你却什么也没做 |
[1:10:56] | Three months you’ve been in Babylon and leave me in Pella… | 你已经在巴比伦呆了3个月 却把我扔在佩拉 |
[1:11:00] | … at the mercy of your enemies, of which you have many. | 由于你众多的敌人都没来惹事生非 |
[1:11:04] | Antipater, accustomed now to the power that you have given him. | 安提帕特现在对你…分给他的职位已经习惯了 |
[1:11:08] | I must watch him grow stronger. | 任由你众多的敌人摆布 |
[1:11:18] | I’m certain that he communicates secretly with Parmenion, who is dangerous. | 我肯定他正在暗地联络帕曼纽 他们都是危险人物 |
[1:11:23] | But beware, most of all, of those closest to you. | 和你最亲近的人也要保持警惕 |
[1:11:26] | They are like snakes… | 他们就像蛇 |
[1:11:29] | … and can be turned. | 可能会反噬 |
[1:11:30] | General Crateros. | 格雷塔斯将军 |
[1:11:35] | Cassander is Antipater’s son. | 喀山德是安提培特的儿子 |
[1:11:39] | Even Cleitus, your father’s favorite… | 你甚至还要小心你父亲…最宠爱的克雷塔斯 |
[1:11:43] | … and Ptolemy, your friend, yes. | 托勒密是你的朋友没错 |
[1:11:46] | But beware of men who think too much. | 可是要当心那些心眼太多的人 |
[1:11:49] | They blind themselves. | 他们可能被自己蒙蔽 |
[1:11:54] | Only Hephaistion do I leave out. | 只有赫菲斯提安我可以不考虑 |
[1:11:58] | But all of them you make rich… | 可是你让这些人都发了财 |
[1:12:01] | … while your mother and yourself, you leave in generous poverty. | 却让你妈妈我和你自己过苦日子 |
[1:12:07] | Why won’t you ever believe me? | 为什么你就不相信我呢? |
[1:12:10] | It is only a dark mind like mine that can know these secrets of the heart. | 只有像我这样阴暗的头脑 才能了解人心的秘密 |
[1:12:16] | For they are dark, Alexander. | 因为人心本来就是黑暗的 |
[1:12:19] | So dark. | 如此黑暗 |
[1:12:22] | But in you, the son of Zeus… | 但是你– 宙斯的儿子 |
[1:12:26] | … lies the light of the world. | 你的心就像光辉照耀着大地 |
[1:12:29] | Your companions will be shadows in the underworld… | 你的同伴就像地下的阴影 |
[1:12:33] | …when you are a name living forever in history as the most glorious… | 当你的名字永垂史册 闪耀着最辉煌 最激励人的光辉 |
[1:12:39] | …shining light of youth, forever young, forever inspiring. | 永远青春 永不消失 |
[1:12:42] | Never will there be an Alexander like you. | 再不会有第二个亚历山大出现 |
[1:12:46] | Alexander the Great. | 亚历山大大帝 |
[1:12:49] | Remember, bring me to Babylon as you promised. | 记得你曾承诺我 带我去巴比伦 |
[1:12:53] | I can only help you, for they know if they harm you… | 我只会帮你 因为如果他们敢伤害你 |
[1:12:56] | … they will face my wrath, as Queen of Babylon. | 就要面对我…巴比伦女王的怒火 |
[1:13:02] | It’s a high ransom she charges for nine months’ lodging in the womb. | 为了我在她肚里借住的九个月 她收取的租金可真高 |
[1:13:06] | Bring her, Alexander. | 带她来吧 亚历山大 |
[1:13:08] | It’ll give her such joy. Joy? | 让她高兴一下 高兴? |
[1:13:12] | When I’m the cracked mirror of her dreams? | 我只会让她梦想破灭 |
[1:13:18] | Stay with me tonight, Hephaistion. | 今晚跟我待在一起 赫菲斯提安 |
[1:13:27] | I’ll take my own bath. | 我自己沐浴 |
[1:13:30] | Thank you, Bagoas. | 谢谢你 巴高斯 |
[1:13:40] | What bothers you? | 你怎么了? |
[1:13:43] | I see in her everything I fear. | 在她身上我看到自己所有的恐惧 |
[1:13:47] | Yet I have no idea what it is, this fear. | 而且我不清楚那都是什么 |
[1:13:57] | She was always so sure I was born of Zeus. | 她对于我是宙斯的儿子如此执着 |
[1:14:01] | Why, Hephaistion? | 为什么? 赫菲斯提安 |
[1:14:05] | I think there are things beyond our imagining… | 我觉得世上总有超出想象的事 比如光明 |
[1:14:11] | …like the lightning, tales of strange conceptions. | 比如奇异的传言 |
[1:14:17] | I don’t doubt it. | 我从不怀疑 |
[1:14:20] | What is being told me? | 那你告诉我 |
[1:14:22] | What destiny do we-? Do I have? | 我们的命运我的命运是…? |
[1:14:28] | Well, if I’m Patroclus, I die first. | 如果我是帕特洛克罗斯 我会先死 |
[1:14:33] | Then you, Achilles. | 然后 你– 阿喀琉斯 |
[1:14:42] | The generals are upset. | 将领们都很不安 |
[1:14:46] | They question your obsession with Darius. | 不知道为什么你对大流士这么执着 |
[1:14:50] | They say it was never meant for you to be king of Asia. | 他们说你做亚细亚之王没什么意义 |
[1:14:53] | Naturally. | 很正常 |
[1:14:55] | They want only to return to their homes, rich with gold. But I’ve seen the future. | 他们只想带着大笔黄金回家 可我看到了未来 赫菲斯提安 |
[1:14:59] | I’ve seen it now 1000 times, on 1000 faces. | 我一千次地看到它 每一次都不同 |
[1:15:03] | These people want… | 这些人民想要 |
[1:15:06] | Need change. | 需要改变 |
[1:15:09] | Aristotle was wrong about them. How so? | 亚里士多德误解了他们 怎么? |
[1:15:14] | Look at those we’ve conquered. | 看看这些我们征服的人 |
[1:15:16] | They leave their dead unburied. | 他们让死去的人暴尸荒野 |
[1:15:18] | They smash their enemies’ skulls and drink them as dust. | 他们敲开敌人的头骨当杯子用 |
[1:15:21] | They mate in public. | 他们在大庭广众之下性交 |
[1:15:23] | What can they think or sing or write when none can read? | 既然他们没人识字 又怎么可能思考歌唱写作? |
[1:15:28] | But as Alexander’s army, they can go where they never thought possible. | 可作为亚历山大的部队 他们可以到从没想过的地方去 |
[1:15:33] | They can soldier or work in the cities. | 他们可以成为士兵 在城市里工作 |
[1:15:36] | The Alexandrias, from Egypt to the outer ocean. | 从埃及到海边的亚历山大城 |
[1:15:41] | We could connect these lands, Hephaistion… | 赫菲斯提安 我们可以把这些土地… |
[1:15:44] | …and the people. | 和人民都连成一片 |
[1:15:45] | Some say these Alexandrias have become extensions of Alexander himself. | 有人说 这些亚历山大城…正成为亚历山大本人的延伸 |
[1:15:52] | They draw people into the cities to make slaves of them. | 人们被赶进这些城里当奴隶 |
[1:15:55] | But we freed them, Hephaistion, from the Persia where everyone lived as slaves. | 可我们从波斯统治下解放了他们 原本在波斯居住的每个人都是奴隶 |
[1:16:01] | To free the people of the world… | 解放全世界的人民 |
[1:16:05] | …such would be beyond the glory of Achilles, beyond Herakles… | 这光荣将会超越阿喀琉斯…超越赫拉克勒斯 |
[1:16:10] | …a feat to rival Prometheus… | 可以和普罗米修斯相媲美 |
[1:16:13] | …who was always a friend to man. | 他一直是人类的朋友 |
[1:16:16] | Remember the fates of these heroes. | 你要记住这些英雄的命运 |
[1:16:18] | They suffered greatly. We all suffer. | 他们饱经巨大的苦难 我们也在受难 |
[1:16:23] | Your father, mine. | 你父亲我父亲… |
[1:16:27] | They all came to the end of their time. | 他们的时代都结束了 |
[1:16:30] | And in the end, when it’s over, all that matters is what you’ve done. | 一切结束时 重要的是你做了什么 |
[1:16:35] | You once said, “The fear of death drives all men.” | 你曾说过:死亡的恐惧驱迫着所有人 |
[1:16:40] | Are there no other forces? | 就没有其它力量了吗? |
[1:16:43] | Is there not love in your life… | 你的人生中没有爱吗? |
[1:16:48] | …Alexander? | 亚历山大? |
[1:16:53] | What would you do if you ever reached the end of the world? | 如果你真的到达了世界的尽头…你还能做什么? |
[1:17:00] | I’d turn back and conquer its opposite. | 我就回过头来 征服另一半 |
[1:17:08] | I wonder sometimes if it’s not your mother you run from. | 有时我真怀疑 你是否在逃避你母亲 |
[1:17:14] | So many years, so many miles between you. | 你逃了这么多年 这么远的路 |
[1:17:20] | What is it you fear? | 到底在害怕什么? |
[1:17:23] | Who knows these things? | 谁知道 |
[1:17:27] | When I was a child, my mother thought me divine. My father, weak. | 我小时候 我母亲认为我非凡 我父亲却觉得我软弱 |
[1:17:35] | Which am I, Hephaistion? | 我是哪种人 赫菲斯提安 |
[1:17:38] | Weak or divine? | 非凡还是软弱? |
[1:17:43] | All I know is… | 我只知道 |
[1:17:45] | …I trust only you in this world. | 在这世上我只信任你 |
[1:17:49] | I’ve missed you. | 我思念你 |
[1:17:51] | I need you. | 我需要你 |
[1:17:55] | It is you I love, Hephaistion. | 我爱的人是你 赫菲斯提安 |
[1:17:59] | No other. | 不是别人 |
[1:18:05] | You’re everything I care for… | 你就是我关心的一切 |
[1:18:08] | …and by the sweet breath of Aphrodite… | 阿佛洛狄忒的甜蜜气息为证 |
[1:18:12] | …l’m so jealous of losing you to this world you want. | 我非常嫉妒你想要的世界会夺走你 |
[1:18:16] | You’ll never lose me, Hephaistion. | 你永远不会失去我 赫菲斯提安 |
[1:18:19] | I’ll be with you always. | 我会永远和你在一起 |
[1:18:23] | Till the end. | 直到最后 |
[1:18:38] | The campaign in the northeast of Persia… | 波斯东北部的战斗 |
[1:18:41] | … turned into a hard guerrilla war of almost three years. | 演变成为持续近三年的艰苦游击战 |
[1:18:48] | We chased Darius towards Bactria… | 我们把大流士赶到大夏 |
[1:18:51] | … but missed taking him by hours. | 但是就差一点点就抓住他 |
[1:18:57] | He was dying when we found him, sire. | 我们找到他时…他已经快死了 陛下 |
[1:19:00] | He asked for water. | 他向我们要水喝 |
[1:19:02] | He drank and died. | 喝了水就死了 |
[1:19:11] | The Great King Darius had been betrayed by his own commanders. | 大流士大帝死在自己的指挥官手上 |
[1:19:44] | Fully honoring his corpse… | 厚葬他的尸体以后 |
[1:19:46] | … Alexander hunted down these commanders into unknown lands… | 亚历山大追赶着那些指挥官…进入未知地域 |
[1:19:52] | … crossing even beyond the River Oxus into Sogdia. | 甚至渡过奥克苏斯河 进入了索格地亚纳 |
[1:20:01] | We fought them as far as the unknown steppes of Scythia… | 我们最远在锡西厄和他们作战 |
[1:20:06] | … where only legendary heroes had once trod. | 那是只有传说中的英雄到过的地方 |
[1:20:09] | The surveyors told us we were now on the borders of where Europe and Asia meet. | 侦查兵说我们…到了欧洲和亚洲的交界处 |
[1:20:15] | In fact, we were totally lost. | 实际上 我们完全迷失了方向 |
[1:20:20] | Here, Alexander founded his 10th Alexandria… | 亚历山大在这里…建立了第十座亚历山大城 |
[1:20:23] | … and settled it with veterans, their women and any who would dare the frontier life. | 安置了老兵他们的女人…和那些敢于镇守边防的人 |
[1:20:29] | Unable to accept defeat in any form… | 由于不能接受任何形式的失败 |
[1:20:32] | … Alexander persisted in breaking every tribe that resisted… | 亚历山大坚持要击败…任何一个抵抗的部落 |
[1:20:37] | … until the day he received the head of his last enemy who’d surrendered. | 直到有一天 他收到了最后一个…投降的敌军头目的人头 |
[1:20:46] | For Alexander, there could be no pretender to the throne of Asia… | 在亚历山大看来…亚洲的王位不容有人觊觎 |
[1:20:51] | … which now included all of Sogdia and Bactria. | 这包括了索格地亚纳和大夏地区 |
[1:20:58] | It was here that he made one of his most mysterious decisions. | (大夏 巴克特里亚) |
[1:21:06] | Ten years after his mother’s insistence he marry a Macedonian… | 十年来 他母亲一直催促他…娶一位马其顿淑女 结果… |
[1:21:11] | Through our union… | 通过我们的联姻… |
[1:21:13] | …Greek and barbarian… | 希腊人与蛮族… |
[1:21:16] | …may be reconciled in peace. | 将共享和平 |
[1:21:18] | … the most powerful man in the world took a girl of no political significance. | 世界上权力最大的男人…娶了一个没什么政治背景的女子 |
[1:21:29] | Why? | 为什么? |
[1:21:31] | Some say it was for alliance with the tribes. | 有人说是为了和部落结盟 |
[1:21:37] | Others, the desire for a successor. | 有人说是为了满足成功的欲望 |
[1:21:41] | And yet others said Alexander truly fell in love. | 有人说亚历山大陷入了真正的恋爱 |
[1:21:48] | Who Roxane really was… | 罗克珊娜是什么样的人 |
[1:21:50] | … i doubt that any of us ever saw further than the pools of those black eyes. | 我们中间没有一个人…看透过她那双深潭般的眼睛 |
[1:21:57] | On this glorious occasion… | 在这辉煌的时刻 |
[1:22:01] | …I toast this great army that has given so much. | 我提议为我们伟大军队干杯 他们作出了太多贡献 |
[1:22:04] | And in honor of them, those of you who set out with us seven long years ago… | 为了向你们中间…从七年前就跟随我们的人表示敬意 |
[1:22:09] | …I pronounce all your debts paid forthwith from the royal treasury. | 我宣布 将用国库的钱…为你们偿还所有债务 |
[1:22:15] | Praise Alexander! | 亚历山大万岁! |
[1:22:21] | And in honor of my bride… | 为了向我的新娘表示敬意 |
[1:22:26] | …my beautiful bride… | 我美丽的新娘 |
[1:22:29] | …we recognize the many women who’ve shared the long road with us… | 我们会承认和我们共同度过…这漫漫征程的妇女们 |
[1:22:34] | …and grant them dowries befitting a proper marriage. | 赋予她们体面的婚姻和相当的嫁妆 |
[1:22:46] | And what about our boys? | 那我们的男孩们呢? |
[1:22:49] | And lastly… | 最后 |
[1:22:51] | …lastly, the gods demand no less of us… | 最后 诸神要求我们 |
[1:22:54] | …that your children be given a proper Greek education… | 至少在我们的保护下 你们的孩子将会得到… |
[1:22:57] | …and military training under our protection… | 体面的希腊式教育和军事训练 |
[1:23:02] | …so as to be the new soldiers of our kingdom… | 作为我们帝国将来在亚洲的新士兵 |
[1:23:07] | …in Asia. | 作为新士兵 |
[1:23:25] | Your father must be turning in his grave. After all this time, a hill chief’s daughter. | 你父亲在坟墓里肯定也不能安息的 到头来 居然是一个蛮族头头的女儿 |
[1:23:31] | You call this tribal wedding legitimate? | 这种乡下婚礼 你能称其为合法婚姻? |
[1:23:33] | Do you forget my father took a barbarian as his queen? | 你忘了我父亲也娶了一个蛮族王后? |
[1:23:36] | Yes, but few would call it a profoundly happy marriage. | 是的 但没人说那桩婚姻幸福美满 |
[1:23:40] | But what’s the point, Alexander? She’s your captive. | 问题是 亚历山大 她是个俘虏 |
[1:23:43] | Just take her as your concubine. | 让她当你的情妇吧 |
[1:23:45] | Because I want a son. Damn you, Philotas. | 因为我想要个儿子 见你的鬼 菲洛塔斯 |
[1:23:48] | Then half your nobles have sisters who’d make fine Macedonian mothers. | 那你的贵族们一半都有姐妹 能成为优秀的马其顿母亲 |
[1:23:54] | To take an Asian as my queen, not a captive… | 让一个亚洲人做我的王后 而不是俘虏 |
[1:23:57] | …is a sign of respect for our subjects. | 这表示我尊重我们的臣民 |
[1:23:59] | It will bring us together, unify us. | 这能促进我们的统一 |
[1:24:02] | Which is not to say I won’t take a Macedonian. | 并不表示我将来…不会再娶一个马其顿妻子 |
[1:24:04] | As a second wife? You insult Macedonia. | 作为侧室? 这是对马其顿的侮辱 |
[1:24:08] | Never will our people accept this girl’s son as king. | 我们的人民永远不会承认…她的儿子是国王 |
[1:24:12] | They’ll be angry enough to find out their husbands all have second wives in Barbaria. | 发现自己的丈夫全娶了蛮族老婆 他们已经够生气了 |
[1:24:17] | Then they’ll learn! | 那他们会学着接受 |
[1:24:18] | By Athena’s justice, this girl has spirit. | 雅典娜作证 这女孩子很有性格 |
[1:24:22] | She’ll breed a brave son. | 她会生个勇敢的儿子 |
[1:24:24] | Alexander! | 亚历山大! |
[1:24:26] | This is about the honor of our kingdom. | 事关帝国的尊严 |
[1:24:29] | Exactly. What can be won, Alexander? | 完全正确 这有什么好处 亚历山大? |
[1:24:32] | We’re in Asia to punish them for their crimes. We’ve achieved that. | 我们来亚洲是为惩罚他们的罪孽 我们已经做到了 |
[1:24:35] | Seven years from home, now we drift from one far region to another… | 我们已经离家七年 在一个又一个偏远的地区间漂泊 |
[1:24:39] | …chasing nomads and bandits when Macedonia bleeds its manpower. | 马其顿人流血牺牲 追逐游民和盗匪… |
[1:24:43] | For what? To build roads in Asia? | 为了什么? 为了在亚洲修路? |
[1:24:46] | To give these people cities? And now make an army of them? | 为了给这些人建造城市? 还让他们建立军队? |
[1:24:50] | To found cities and expand our reach is not to drift. | 建造城市和开疆拓土…可不是漂泊 帕曼纽 |
[1:24:53] | What benefit to Macedon? It’s far richer! | 那对马其顿有何好处? 它已比从前富裕得多 |
[1:24:56] | Look what you give them. With respect… | 那看看你给他们的 看你一把年纪我才不提 帕曼纽 |
[1:24:58] | …had you fought better at Gaugamela when your flank was crumbling- | 在高加米拉 你的侧翼被击溃时 要是打得再好一点 早抓住大流士了 |
[1:25:02] | How dare you, Nearchus? ! General Nearchus to you, boy. | 你怎敢这么说 尼阿克斯! 是尼阿克斯将军 小子 |
[1:25:06] | Alexander spread our flank too thin! There was nothing my father… | 亚历山大把阵形摆得太单薄我父亲和谁都没办法 |
[1:25:09] | …or any of you could’ve done! Philotas! | 菲洛塔斯! |
[1:25:18] | Alexander, I’ve known you since you were born. | 亚历山大…我从你一生下来就认识你了 |
[1:25:21] | I supported you at your father’s death. | 你父亲死时…我支持了你 |
[1:25:24] | At the very least, for Zeus’ sake… | 看在宙斯的份上 |
[1:25:27] | …and in respect to the council that chose you king… | 我至少出力让议会选你为王 |
[1:25:30] | …give us a Macedonian heir. | 给我们一个马其顿的继承人吧 |
[1:25:32] | A Macedonian heir. | 马其顿的继承人 |
[1:25:41] | You’ve been heard clearly. But- | 你的话我听清楚了 但是… |
[1:25:43] | Parmenion! After the wedding, take two brigades to Babylon, where I look to you… | 帕曼纽! 婚礼结束后…你就带两个旅回巴比伦 |
[1:25:48] | …and Antipater in Greece, to maintain our empire and supply this expedition. | 你在那里 安提培特在希腊维护我们的帝国 并为这次远征供应给养 |
[1:25:54] | I’ll winter with my army at Marakand. | 我会在马拉坎德过冬 |
[1:25:56] | I pray to Apollo you realize how far you’ve turned from your father’s path. | 我向阿波罗祈祷 你能尽快明白 你已从你父亲的道路上偏离了多远 |
[1:26:01] | Damn you, Parmenion, by the gods and your Apollo. | 诸神和你的阿波罗在上 见你的鬼去吧 帕曼纽 |
[1:26:03] | What was in my father’s guts wasn’t overripe in reason like yours! | 我父亲也像你一样冥顽不灵吗? |
[1:26:07] | He never lusted for war, Alexander, or enjoyed it so. | 他从来不会如此渴望战争 或者是热衷于战争 |
[1:26:11] | He consulted his peers in council, among equals, the Macedonian way. | 他会按马其顿的方式 请教议会里的同僚和贵族 |
[1:26:16] | He didn’t decide based on his personal desires. | 他不会仅凭个人欲望作出决定 |
[1:26:19] | I’ve taken us further than my father ever dreamed. | 我带领大家取得的成就…已远远超过我父亲的梦想 |
[1:26:23] | Old man… | 老头 |
[1:26:24] | …we’re in new worlds. | 世道已经变了 |
[1:26:27] | Alexander, be reasonable! | 亚历山大 理智点吧! |
[1:26:31] | Were they ever meant to be our equals? | 他们打算和我们平起平坐吗? |
[1:26:34] | Share our rewards? | 分享我们的成果? |
[1:26:36] | You remember what Aristotle said. | 你该记得亚里士多德的话 |
[1:26:38] | An Asian? | 亚洲人? |
[1:26:40] | What would a vow mean to a race that’s never kept their word to a Greek? | 对一个从不对希腊守信的民族…婚姻的誓言又算什么? |
[1:26:44] | Aristotle be damned! Alexander! | 让亚里士多德见鬼去吧! 亚历山大! |
[1:26:46] | By Zeus and all the gods… | 宙斯和诸神在上 |
[1:26:48] | …what makes you so much better than them, Cassander? | 你凭什么比他们优秀 喀山德? |
[1:26:52] | Better than you really are. In you and those like you is this. | 比实际的你还要优秀 你和那些和你一样的人不过如此 |
[1:26:58] | Alexander. | 亚历山大 |
[1:27:02] | What disturbs me most is not your lack of respect for my judgment. | 最让我恼火的不是你们…对我的判断力缺乏尊重 |
[1:27:10] | It’s your contempt for a world far older than ours. | 而是你们对一个…远比我们古老的世界的恶意 |
[1:27:46] | Five to any man who bothers to kill me. | 谁有空来杀掉我 我给一人五个 |
[1:27:49] | Have another drink, Cleitus. | 再喝一杯吧 克雷塔斯 |
[1:27:52] | Shouldn’t you be bound to a king? Cleitus. | 你不是和国王有承诺吗? 克雷塔斯 |
[1:27:56] | Alexander, you look weak when you not accept these honors. | 亚历山大 你不接受这些荣誉会显得软弱 |
[1:28:00] | I understand, my dear father… | 我明白 亲爱的岳父 |
[1:28:02] | …but it’s against Greek ways. Then Greek ways are weak. | 但这和希腊的传统不符 那希腊的传统是软弱的 |
[1:28:07] | I still think she got the better of him in this bargain. | 我老觉得这场交易…是她占了大便宜 |
[1:28:09] | My daughter, Roxane… | 我的女儿– 罗克珊娜 |
[1:28:13] | …she shall make you good wife. | 她会成为你的好妻子 |
[1:28:15] | She shall kill for you. | 她会为你杀人 |
[1:28:22] | Raw skunk, ruler of heaven… | 坏家伙 天上和地上之王 |
[1:28:29] | …and earth. | 坏家伙 天上和地上之王 |
[1:28:36] | In honor of this great alliance… | 为了向这场伟大的联合致敬 |
[1:28:40] | …l, Oxyartes, offer you these great gifts. | 我…俄克雅特斯给你准备了份大礼 |
[1:28:45] | I would like to honor a toast to you from my people. | 我代表我的人民向你敬酒 |
[1:28:54] | Good morning, sire. | 早上好 大人 |
[1:29:16] | We shall fight for you, Alexander. | 我们会为你战斗 亚历山大 |
[1:29:19] | It shall be bloody. | 会非常血腥 |
[1:29:23] | Who’s the bear? | 谁是那熊? |
[1:29:27] | Parmenion. | 帕曼纽 |
[1:29:29] | You’ve been in complete control of your supply lines. | 你得完全控制自己的供给线 |
[1:29:32] | His pessimism is infectious. | 他的悲观思想可是会传染人的 |
[1:29:35] | But he’ll stay loyal… | 他会忠诚的 |
[1:29:39] | …as long as his son remains with us. | 只要他儿子还跟着我们 |
[1:31:58] | Hey! | 嗨 |
[1:32:07] | Her eyes tell me she cares for you, Alexander. | 她的眼睛告诉我 她在意你 亚历山大 |
[1:32:13] | Perhaps too much. | 也许太在意了 |
[1:32:19] | In the ways of my country… | 按我国的说法 |
[1:32:22] | …those who love too much lose everything… | 爱得太深的人会失去一切 |
[1:32:26] | …and those who love with irony… | 爱得轻佻的人 |
[1:32:31] | …last. | 反而能持久 |
[1:33:23] | I found it in Egypt. | 我在埃及找到这个 |
[1:33:27] | The man who sold it said it came from a time… | 把它卖给我的人说 |
[1:33:30] | …when man worshipped sun and stars. | 它来自人们崇拜太阳和星星的时代 |
[1:33:40] | I’ll always think of you… | 我一向把你看成太阳 |
[1:33:43] | …as the sun, Alexander. | 亚历山大 |
[1:33:45] | And I pray your dream will shine on all men. | 我祈祷你的梦想能照耀到所有人 |
[1:33:58] | I wish you a son. | 我希望你能有个儿子 |
[1:34:02] | You’re a great man. | 你是个伟大的人 |
[1:34:09] | Many will love you, Alexander, but none so pure and deep… | 许多人都爱你 亚历山大 但没一个人如此纯粹和深刻 |
[1:34:29] | You… | 你… |
[1:34:30] | …love him? | 爱他? |
[1:34:41] | He is Hephaistion. | 他是赫菲斯提安 |
[1:35:04] | Thank you, Bagoas. | 谢谢你 巴高斯 |
[1:35:11] | Your boy? | 你的男孩? |
[1:35:13] | There are many different ways to love, Roxane. | 爱有很多种方式 罗克珊娜 |
[1:35:17] | Come. | 过来 |
[1:35:34] | No. | 不 |
[1:35:35] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[1:35:53] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[1:36:27] | You have no fear. | 你没有恐惧 |
[1:36:31] | It’s fitting. | 太合适了 |
[1:36:34] | A man searches for a woman at Earth’s top… | 一个男人寻找大地上的女人 |
[1:36:37] | …and finds her. | 并且找到了她 |
[1:36:57] | The myth becomes real. | 神话变成了现实 |
[1:37:10] | Great man, Sikander… | 伟大的人 斯坎达 |
[1:37:14] | …you I kill now. | 我现在可以杀了你 |
[1:37:21] | Do it. | 来啊 |
[1:37:23] | End it. I would do the- | 结束这一切 我会 |
[1:37:26] | I would do the same. I’ll die a fool… | 我也一样 为这段爱情 |
[1:37:30] | …for this love. | 死得像个傻瓜 |
[1:38:21] | My life is now yours. | 我的生命现在交给你了 |
[1:38:48] | You will have my son. | 你会帮我生个儿子 |
[1:39:46] | Who is this woman you call your queen, Alexander? A hill girl? | 这个你称为王后的女人是谁 亚历山大? 一个山地姑娘? |
[1:39:54] | You with your breeding. | 你自有教养 |
[1:39:56] | Already she makes enemies with her strong, clumsy nature. | 她强势野蛮的天性…已经为自己招来不少敌人 |
[1:40:05] | Do not confuse us. | 别把我们混作一谈 |
[1:40:07] | I was never a barbarian as Philip said. | 我从不像菲力浦说的那样是个野蛮人 |
[1:40:11] | We are of Achilles’ royal blood. | 我们都有阿喀琉斯高贵的血统 |
[1:40:15] | Zeus is your father. | 宙斯是你的父亲 |
[1:40:19] | Oh, I understand she brings you some happiness… | 哦 我能理解 她给你带来些许快乐 |
[1:40:25] | …but how can she help you? | 但是她怎么帮助你? |
[1:40:27] | You must know that she does not speak in your name… | 你肯定知道她都不能以你的名义说话 |
[1:40:30] | …which is yours and yours alone. | 你的名义只属于你自己 |
[1:40:34] | Preserve it, secret it… | 严守这个秘密 |
[1:40:38] | …and hear me when I tell you, act… | 你要听从我的话 行动起来 |
[1:40:41] | …and act soon. | 赶快行动起来 |
[1:40:43] | After seven years, people wonder: | 七年了 人们会疑惑: |
[1:40:45] | “Who is this King Alexander? “ | “国王亚历山大是谁? “ |
[1:40:48] | I have given you ample proof. Antipater daily undermines your authority. | 我给你提供了充分的证据 安提帕特每天都在暗中削弱你的权威 |
[1:40:54] | Return to Babylon and strengthen your center. | 回到巴比伦去 巩固你的帝国中心 |
[1:40:58] | Or come home to Macedonia and reorganize. | 或者回马其顿来重新部署 |
[1:41:00] | But do not chase your dream… | 不要再往遥远的东方去 |
[1:41:03] | … further east. | 追逐你的梦想了 |
[1:41:05] | Your life and mine depend on it. | 这关系到你和我的生命 |
[1:41:09] | Remember… | 记住 |
[1:41:11] | …my only thoughts are of you. | 我一切都是在为你着想 |
[1:41:15] | As you, too, must face your glorious destiny. | 你也必须面对自己伟大的命运 |
[1:41:20] | Think kindly of your mother. | 你也要为我想想 |
[1:41:22] | Provide for me. | 为我安排好一切 |
[1:41:24] | Protect me from your enemies when you are gone. | 在你离开时 让我不受你的敌人伤害 |
[1:41:29] | And remember always… | 永远要记住 |
[1:41:32] | …it is I who love you more than any. | 我爱你超过任何人 |
[1:41:41] | If only you were not a pale reflection… | 但愿你身上没有我母亲 |
[1:41:45] | …of my mother’s heart. | 隐约的影子 |
[1:42:06] | Pregnant so soon. The little whore. | 这么快就怀上了 小娼妓 |
[1:42:10] | He will marry her in the spring, during Dionysus’ Festival… | 春天酒神节时他就会和她结婚 |
[1:42:14] | …and when her first son is born… | 等她生下第一个儿子 |
[1:42:17] | …her sweet uncle Attalus will convince Philip to name the boy his successor… | 她那亲爱的叔叔阿特拉斯 就会说服菲力浦把那孩子指定为继承人 |
[1:42:23] | …with himself as regent. | 他自己则当摄政王 |
[1:42:25] | And you… | 你呢 |
[1:42:27] | …you will be sent on some impossible mission… | 派你去完成不可能办到的任务 |
[1:42:32] | …against some monstrous Northern tribe… | 去迎击一些北方凶暴的部落 |
[1:42:34] | …to be mutilated in one more meaningless battle over cattle. | 死于某次毫无意义的蛮族战斗 |
[1:42:40] | And I, no longer queen, will be put to death… | 而我将不再是王后 我会和你妹妹 |
[1:42:44] | …with your sister and the remaining members of our family. | 还有我们家其他人一起被处死 |
[1:42:48] | I wish sometimes you could see the light, Mother. | 妈妈 我希望你…有时也能看到光明的一面 |
[1:42:53] | The truth is, he’s taken nothing from you that you’ve not been long without. | 事实是他拿走的东西…没有一样不是你早就失去的 |
[1:43:00] | The only way is to strike. | 唯一的办法就是抗争 |
[1:43:02] | Announce your marriage to a Macedonian now. | 马上宣布你和一个马其顿女子结婚 |
[1:43:05] | Beget a child of pure blood. He would be one of them, not mine… | 有了血统纯正的孩子 他就会成为他们其中一员 而不是我这边的人 |
[1:43:10] | …and he would have no choice but to make you king. | 这样他就别无选择 只能选你为国王 |
[1:43:13] | There is still Kynnane. | 你还可以娶卡娜恩 |
[1:43:17] | Eurydice was perfect. If your father, that pig, had not ravaged her first! | 本来欧律狄克是最好的选择 如果你父亲那头猪没先糟蹋她 |
[1:43:21] | Say nothing more of my father. | 别说我父亲了 |
[1:43:24] | Do you hear me? Say nothing. | 听到了吗? 别说了 |
[1:43:28] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[1:43:31] | Forgive me. | 原谅我 |
[1:43:33] | A mother loves too much. | 母亲总是爱得太过分 |
[1:43:42] | Who shall I sing to sleep at night anymore? | 我在晚上还能再给谁唱摇篮曲? |
[1:43:50] | I wish I wish we could spend more time together. | 我只希望…只希望我们多呆在一起 |
[1:43:56] | Like we used to, when you were the sweetest boy. | 就像从前那样 你那时候是最可爱的男孩 |
[1:44:05] | There’s never been time, Mother. | 不会再有那种时光了 母亲 |
[1:44:08] | Since I was a child, I’ve been groomed to be ever the best. | 我从小就准备成为最优秀的人 |
[1:44:14] | My poor child, you’re like Achilles… | 我可怜的孩子 就像阿喀琉斯一样 |
[1:44:19] | …cursed by your greatness. | 因为伟大而受诅咒 |
[1:44:26] | Yes. Take my strength. | 是的 接受我的力量 |
[1:44:34] | You must never confuse your feelings… | 你绝对不能把你的感情 |
[1:44:38] | …with your duties, Alexander. | 和责任混淆起来 亚历山大 |
[1:44:42] | A king must make public gestures for the common people. | 国王在平民面前要有公开的形象 |
[1:44:46] | I know, but you will be 19 this summer… | 我了解 但你到今年夏天就19岁了 |
[1:44:50] | …and the girls already say you don’t like them. You like Hephaistion more. | 但女孩子们都说你还不喜欢她们 你更喜欢赫菲斯提安 |
[1:44:55] | I understand. It’s natural for a young man. | 我能理解 对年轻人来说这很正常 |
[1:44:59] | But if you go to Asia without leaving your successor, you risk all. | 可要是你不留下继承人就去亚洲 就有可能失去一切 |
[1:45:03] | Hephaistion loves me, as I am… | 赫菲斯提安爱我 爱的只是我这个人 |
[1:45:09] | …not who. | 而不是我的身份 |
[1:45:12] | Loves? Loves? | 爱? 爱? |
[1:45:18] | In the name of Dionysus… | 狄俄尼索斯在上 |
[1:45:22] | …understand how Philip thinks, for your own sake. | 看在你自己份上 弄清楚菲力浦的想法吧 |
[1:45:28] | Your life hangs in the balance. | 你的人生正在紧要关头 |
[1:45:33] | I know these things, Alexander. You are nothing to him. | 我了解这种事 亚历山大 你对他来说什么也不是 |
[1:45:39] | His spies are inside your closest circle… | 他的探子甚至深入你的朋友圈 |
[1:45:44] | …to ensure that you don’t plot against him. | 察看你是否有策划反对他 |
[1:45:47] | And still you sleep. | 但你还在沉睡不醒 |
[1:45:52] | You will not live out this year unless you act! | 如果你不先发制人 甚至活不过今年 |
[1:45:55] | Stop! | 别说了! |
[1:45:59] | I’m his only worthy son. | 我是唯一配得上他的儿子 |
[1:46:02] | You crazed woman. | 你这疯女人 |
[1:46:05] | He’d never hurt me. | 他永远不会伤害我 |
[1:46:08] | Even if Eurydice had a boy, he’d be 20 before he’d let him rule. | 即使欧律狄克生了男孩 他也要等他长到20岁 才能让他继位 |
[1:46:13] | Yes, and you would be 40. | 是啊你那时就40岁了 |
[1:46:17] | Old and wise like Parmenion. And Philip’s young son would be 20. | 就像帕曼纽一样 又老又睿智 但菲力浦的小儿子才20岁 |
[1:46:23] | Like you now, but raised by him, his blood. | 就像你现在这样 却是由他亲自带大 他自己的骨血 |
[1:46:30] | He will never give you the throne now, Alexander. | 他永远不会让你继位了 亚历山大 |
[1:46:34] | Never. | 永远不会 |
[1:46:38] | What would you have me do? | 你想要我做什么? |
[1:46:41] | Whatever is necessary. | 不惜一切手段 |
[1:46:47] | Where have you lost your mind? | 你在哪儿得到的这么个馊主意? |
[1:46:50] | It would be civil war, clan against clan, chaos. | 这样会引起战争 宗族混战 |
[1:46:53] | Yes. And you would win. | 不错 但是你会取得胜利 |
[1:46:56] | Because the young ones love you like a god. | 因为年轻人们爱你 视你若神灵 |
[1:46:58] | I forbid you to ever talk to me like that! | 我不许你再说这样的话 |
[1:47:01] | Such a man would be forever chased by the Furies! | 做那种事的人会终身被复仇女神追逐 |
[1:47:04] | What have you to fear from the Furies… | 不过杀了个篡位者 |
[1:47:08] | …for killing an impostor to the throne… | 在他杀掉你自己和母亲之前 |
[1:47:11] | …before he murders you and your mother? | 你干嘛害怕复仇女神? |
[1:47:15] | Why won’t you ever believe me? | 你为什么就不相信我呢? |
[1:47:18] | Philip did not want you. | 菲力浦不需要你 |
[1:47:22] | You had a condition of the breathing… | 你曾经呼吸有点问题 |
[1:47:24] | …and he wanted to leave you in the mountains… | 他就要把你扔到山上 |
[1:47:27] | …for the birds to peck at your eyes. | 让老鹰啄食你的眼睛 |
[1:47:31] | What you don’t know, my poor child. | 这些你都不知道而已 我可怜的孩子 |
[1:47:34] | Lanice knows nothing of this. | 拉奈克可不知道这个 |
[1:47:37] | Lanice. | 拉奈克? |
[1:47:39] | I was there. | 我就在场 |
[1:47:41] | Lanice was not. | 拉奈克没有! |
[1:47:45] | No, Alexander… | 不 亚历山大 |
[1:47:47] | …Zeus is your father. | 宙斯才是你父亲 |
[1:47:51] | I laid with him that night in the wind, as sure as any mortal man. | 那天晚上我和他一起躺在风中 他像凡人男子一样真实 |
[1:47:56] | Never have I been made love to as I was then. | 我从没像当时一样做过爱 |
[1:48:00] | Enough. | 够了 |
[1:48:02] | Half the mothers in Greece share such a fantasy. | 一半的希腊母亲都有这样的幻想 |
[1:48:07] | I warn you, Mother. | 我警告你 母亲 |
[1:48:09] | Make no mistake. | 别犯错 |
[1:48:12] | You will treat this girl as nothing more important than his other wives. | 你要视这个女孩如无物 就像他别的妻子一样 |
[1:48:16] | You will behave as we always have. | 你要表现得和我们以往一样 |
[1:48:20] | As the first. | 就像一开始 |
[1:48:32] | I wonder… | 我在想 |
[1:48:35] | …did you ever love him? | 你是不是爱过他? |
[1:48:41] | What? | 什么? |
[1:48:45] | I never stopped. | 我不会罢手的 |
[1:49:21] | What is it, Orestes? | 这是什么 俄瑞提斯? |
[1:49:28] | I beg your forgiveness, my king. | 我请求你的原谅 我的王 |
[1:49:31] | I cannot be part of this. | 我没有参与这件事 |
[1:49:34] | Who did this? | 谁干的? |
[1:49:39] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[1:49:41] | Say it! Hermolaus! | 说! 赫默纳斯! |
[1:49:55] | Death to all tyrants. | 所有的暴君都该死! |
[1:50:01] | I didn’t do this! | 我没做过! |
[1:50:03] | I’ve known you and loved you as long as I know. | 我了解你 我爱你 |
[1:50:09] | Never will you find a man as devoted as I. | 你再找不到一个像我一样忠实的人 |
[1:50:12] | The conspiracy, such as it was… | 这场密谋 |
[1:50:14] | … deeply upset Alexander. | 极大地困扰了亚历山大 |
[1:50:17] | Not only because it involved the young people who shared his dream… | 不仅因为那些分享他梦想的…年轻人参与其中 |
[1:50:21] | … but more intimately, it implicated Philotas, his companion from boyhood… | 更深层次的 因为菲洛塔斯…童年时的伙伴也牵扯进来 |
[1:50:27] | … when a page confessed that a few days before, he’d informed Philotas… | 一个卫兵坦白说…几天前 他告诉菲洛塔斯 |
[1:50:32] | Alexander….of the plot. | 亚历山大 谋反 |
[1:50:36] | Remember me for who I am. | 记住我是谁 |
[1:50:39] | I do remember you, Philotas, but not as you remember yourself. | 我当然记得 菲洛塔斯 但你好像不记得自己是谁 |
[1:50:45] | And it appears to me and others here from the testimony given by your mistress… | 根据你情妇的交代 在我和在场的人看来… |
[1:50:51] | …that the true weather of your soul is ambition. | 你心中充满了野心 |
[1:50:55] | No. | 不是 |
[1:50:56] | We all felt there was more here than sexual bickering. | 我们都觉得 这不仅仅是…他的情人在和他闹矛盾 |
[1:51:00] | Alexander wanted the truth and Philotas’ answers were lacking merit. | 亚历山大想要真相 但菲洛塔斯的回答缺乏价值 |
[1:51:05] | Please take him away. | 把他带走 |
[1:51:06] | Alexander put him silently and quickly to trial by his peers… | 亚历山大让菲洛塔斯的同僚们…举行了一个迅速而平静的审判 |
[1:51:11] | … and whether plotter or opportunist, Philotas was found guilty of treason. | 无论是阴谋还是巧合 菲洛塔斯被判处叛国罪 |
[1:51:15] | No, Alexander, no! Remove him. | 不 亚历山大 不! 带走他 |
[1:51:17] | The suspects were all executed. | 嫌疑犯都被处决了 |
[1:51:20] | None of us defended Philotas… | 我们没有一个人为菲洛塔斯辩护 |
[1:51:23] | … but then again, none of us ever liked him. | 但说到底 我们也没一个人喜欢他 |
[1:51:31] | And of course his power was carved up by the rest of us. | 当然 他的军队…被我们剩下的人瓜分掉了 |
[1:51:38] | Before he died, we tortured him… | 在他死前 我们拷打他 |
[1:51:40] | … to find out what his father Parmenion knew. | 就为了知道他父亲帕曼纽是否知情 |
[1:51:43] | But this we never learned. | 但是我们永远也不知道了 |
[1:51:46] | What to do with Parmenion and his 20,000 troops guarding our supply lines… | 如何处置帕曼纽和他…看守着我们供给线的两万士兵 |
[1:51:50] | … was a far more delicate matter. Was he innocent in this? | 是一个更棘手的问题? 他真的完全不知情吗? |
[1:51:54] | Or had he decided to act before age further withered his power? | 或他打算在年老力薄前及时行动? |
[1:51:59] | The men will follow their king. Alexander won’t be there. | 士兵们会追随他们的国王 亚历山大并不在那 |
[1:52:04] | Necessity required Alexander to act… | 亚历山大必须有所行动 |
[1:52:07] | … and he sealed the camp within the hour of the first accusations against Philotas. | 他在对菲洛塔斯的指控出现后的…一小时内就封闭了军营 |
[1:52:14] | Then go, Antigonus, and Cleitus. | 你们去吧 安提柯斯 克雷塔斯 |
[1:52:18] | And go quickly. | 尽快动身 |
[1:52:23] | Three days’ hard riding sent Antigonus and Cleitus… | 三天艰苦的疾驰 安提柯斯和克雷塔斯 |
[1:52:27] | … to Parmenion, the general most loyal to Philip. | 到了菲力浦最忠心的将军…帕曼纽身边 |
[1:52:38] | His soldiers accepted the finding of guilt against Parmenion… | 他的士兵接受了对帕曼纽有罪的指控 |
[1:52:42] | … as they understood well the code of vengeance… | 因为他们也清楚地知道复仇的规则 |
[1:52:45] | … that made the head of family responsible for the behavior of all. | 家族的首领有责任为这种行为负责 |
[1:52:52] | Many of us felt we were better off without that pompous thorn, Parmenion… | 我们中许多人都很高兴能摆脱 这棵自以为是的荆棘– 帕曼纽 |
[1:52:56] | … as Alexander promoted all of us generously. | 而且亚历山大慷慨地提升了…我们所有人的地位 |
[1:53:16] | If we issue the gold bullion in the name of Alexander then we meet a resistance. | 如果我们以亚历山大的名义…发行金条…遇到抵制 |
[1:53:21] | Cleitus. Antigonus. | 克雷塔斯 安提柯斯 |
[1:53:23] | Parmenion. | 帕曼纽 |
[1:55:39] | Come, Alexander, drink this sadness away. | 来 亚历山大 酒能解愁 |
[1:55:42] | If only thirst could quench sorrow, Ptolemy. | 如果干渴能赶走悲伤就好了 托勒密 |
[1:55:48] | There’s only one thing better than winning a battle, son… | 只有一件东西比打胜仗还棒 儿子 |
[1:55:53] | …and that’s the taste of a new woman. | 那就是新妇的味道 |
[1:55:56] | You’ll find it far sweeter than self-pity. | 比自怜自哀甜蜜多了 |
[1:56:01] | Pausanias, you bore me. Alexander! | 帕塞亚斯 你让我厌烦 亚历山大! |
[1:56:03] | Be gone with you. Alexander, I found you the right girl. | 自己走开 亚历山大 我给你找了个好女孩 |
[1:56:06] | What’s your name, darling? Antigone. | 你叫什么名字? 安缇珈 |
[1:56:09] | What’s your name? Antigone. | 你叫什么名字? 安缇珈 |
[1:56:13] | I love you. And I love you, Cleitus. | 我爱你 我也爱你 克雷塔斯 |
[1:56:17] | Please, no! There you go. | 求你 别! 来吧 |
[1:56:23] | I’ll sleep in my grave, Hephaistion. | 我会睡在自己的坟墓里 赫菲斯提安 |
[1:56:26] | While alive, I prefer dancing. | 活着的时候 我宁愿跳舞 |
[1:56:29] | Pausanias. | 帕塞亚斯 |
[1:56:31] | Who’s your new friend? | 你的新伙伴是谁? |
[1:56:33] | There’s your new friend. Please don’t! | 这就是你的新伙伴 请别 |
[1:56:35] | Don’t! Please, no! No. | 别 求你们 不要 不要! |
[1:56:48] | A toast. | 敬酒 |
[1:56:50] | A toast! | 敬酒! |
[1:56:52] | I drink to our Greek friends and to our new union… | 为了我们的希腊朋友…和我们的新联盟 |
[1:56:57] | …Macedonia and Greece, equals in greatness! | 同样伟大的马其顿和希腊 干杯! |
[1:57:06] | And to Philip, our king, without whom this union could not be possible. | 敬菲力浦 我们的国王…没有他…这个联盟不可能成立 |
[1:57:12] | Come, Attalus, leave some damn air in the hall! | 过来 阿特拉斯 给大厅留点该死的空气吧 |
[1:57:17] | And last, I drink to the king’s marriage to my niece, Eurydice… | 最后 敬国王…和我侄女欧律狄克的婚姻 |
[1:57:23] | …a Macedonian queen we can be proud of! | 她会成为我们…都为之骄傲的马其顿王后 |
[1:57:29] | To Philip and Eurydice… | 敬菲利浦和欧律狄克 |
[1:57:32] | …and to their legitimate sons! | 敬他们合法的儿子! |
[1:57:38] | Don’t! | 别! |
[1:57:39] | What am I, you son of a dog? Come, then. | 那我算什么? 你这狗崽子 来啊 |
[1:57:53] | What a disgrace. | 真丢脸 |
[1:57:56] | Shut up! | 闭嘴! |
[1:57:58] | Shut up, all of you! Please. | 所有人都闭嘴! 请闭上嘴 |
[1:58:00] | This is my wedding, not some public brawl. | 这是我的婚礼 不是你们吵架的地方 |
[1:58:03] | Insolent pup. | 无礼的小畜生 |
[1:58:05] | Apologize, by Zeus, before you dishonor me. | 宙斯在上 在你让我丢脸前赶紧道歉 |
[1:58:08] | You defend the man who called my mother a whore and me a bastard. | 你替一个叫我母亲为贱货…叫我为杂种的男人辩护 |
[1:58:12] | And I dishonor you? You listen like your mother. | 你觉得是我丢你的脸? 你听起来像你母亲 |
[1:58:15] | Attalus is my family now, the same as you. | 阿特拉斯现在是我家人 和你一样 |
[1:58:17] | Then choose your relatives more carefully. | 那你挑选亲戚要再谨慎点 |
[1:58:20] | Don’t expect me to sit here and watch you shame yourself. | 别希望我坐在这里看你自取其辱 |
[1:58:24] | You insult me! I insult you! | 你侮辱我! 我侮辱你? |
[1:58:27] | A man not fit to lick the ground my mother walks on. | 这个人不配舔我母亲走过长的土地 |
[1:58:30] | You dog, questioning your queen. Shame? | 你这该死的 竟然怀疑你的王后 羞耻? |
[1:58:37] | I’ll marry the girl if I want, and I’ll have as many sons as I want. | 我要多少儿子…就有多少儿子 |
[1:58:41] | There’s nothing you or your harpy mother can do. | 你和你那个妖精妈妈阻止不了 |
[1:58:44] | Why, drunken man, must you think… | 为什么 醉鬼? 你以为… |
[1:58:46] | …everything I do and say comes from my mother? | 我说的我做的都是母亲教的吗? |
[1:58:49] | Because I know her heart, by Hera… | 因为我知道从赫拉那里知道她的心 |
[1:58:52] | …and I see her in your eyes. | 我在你的眼睛里看见她 |
[1:58:54] | You covet this throne too much. | 你太想要这个王位了 |
[1:58:58] | We all know that she-wolf of a mother of yours wants me dead. | 我们都知道你那个…豺狼一样的母亲希望我死掉 |
[1:59:04] | Well, you can both dream, boy. | 你们都在做梦 小孩子 |
[1:59:06] | Philip, this is the wine talking. Leave the boy. It’ll wait. | 菲利浦 这是醉话 别管那孩子了 以后再说 |
[1:59:09] | Now! | 现在! |
[1:59:12] | I command you. | 我命令你 |
[1:59:15] | Apologize to your kinsman. | 向你的亲人道歉 |
[1:59:26] | Apologize. | 道歉 |
[1:59:28] | No kinsman to me. | 不是我的亲人 |
[1:59:34] | Good night, old man. | 晚安 老头 |
[1:59:37] | And when my mother remarries, I’ll invite you to her wedding. | 我妈妈改嫁的时候 我会邀请你参加婚礼的 |
[1:59:42] | You bastard! | 你这个杂种! |
[1:59:50] | You’ll obey me. Come here. | 你要听我的话 快道歉 |
[2:00:11] | This is the man who is going to take you from Greece to Persia? | 这就是将要带你们离开希腊…去波斯的男人吗? |
[2:00:15] | He can’t even make it from one couch to the next. | 他甚至无法从一张桌子跳到另一张 |
[2:00:17] | Get out of my palace! You’re exiled, you bastard! | 离开我的王宫 你被流放了 小杂种! |
[2:00:22] | Banished from the land. You’re not welcome here. | 禁止你出现在这片土地 你不受欢迎 |
[2:00:26] | You’re no son of mine! | 你不是我儿子! |
[2:01:12] | In the spring, Alexander marched an army of 150,000… | 在春天 亚历山大集结了15万大军 |
[2:01:17] | … across the passes of the Hindu Kush… | 穿越了兴都库什的关卡 |
[2:01:20] | … into the unknown. | 来到未知的世界 |
[2:01:23] | In his dream, it was the promised route to the end of the world. | 在他的梦想中 这里就是…有希望到达世界尽头的通道 |
[2:01:28] | We were now a mobile empire… | 我们现在是一个移动王国 |
[2:01:30] | … stretching back thousands of miles to Greece. | 从希腊伸延了十万英里的路 |
[2:01:34] | Cooks and architects, doctors, surveyors… | 厨师和建筑师 医生 探路人 |
[2:01:37] | … moneylenders and wives… | 借债人和妻子 |
[2:01:39] | … children, lovers, whores. | 孩子 情人 娼妓… |
[2:01:42] | And slaves… | 和奴隶 |
[2:01:44] | … that anonymous, bent, working spine of this new beast. | 不知名的奴隶…作为这头新生…野兽的脊梁 弯着腰辛劳着 |
[2:01:49] | Ravaged or expanded, for better or worse… | 破坏 扩张 变得更好 或者更坏 |
[2:01:54] | … no occupied territory remained the same again. | 任何被占领的土地…都无可能再保持原样 |
[2:02:02] | Although devoted to Roxane… | 虽然已经娶了罗克珊娜 |
[2:02:04] | … Alexander’s visits to her tent diminished… | 但亚历山大去她帐篷的次数逐渐减少 |
[2:02:07] | … as a year, then two, went by without a successor… | 一年两年过去 他们仍然没有后代 |
[2:02:13] | … wounding Alexander’s great pride. | 这很伤亚历山大的自尊 |
[2:02:17] | The surveyors are saying that Zeus chained Prometheus up there. | 探路人说那里是宙斯…绑缚普罗米修斯的地方 |
[2:02:20] | In one of those caves. | 在那些洞穴的其中一个 |
[2:02:24] | They say there’s a giant eagle’s nest just above it. | 他们说那只巨鹰的巢穴…就在洞穴的正上方 |
[2:02:27] | I suppose he drops down each night to peck out poor Prometheus’ liver. | 可能它每晚都下来啄食…普罗米修斯的肝脏 |
[2:02:34] | You remember what Aristotle told us of these mountains? | 你记得亚里士多德告诉我们…关于这些山脉的事吗? |
[2:02:38] | Yes, I do. | 是的 我记得 |
[2:02:41] | That when we reach these heights… | 当我们爬上这些高山 |
[2:02:43] | …we’d look back and see Macedonia to the west… | 回头可以看见座落在西边的马其顿 |
[2:02:46] | …and the outer ocean to the east. | 还有东方辽阔的外海域 |
[2:02:53] | But I fear this world is far larger than anyone dreamed. | 但我恐怕这个世界…远比任何人想像的都要广大 |
[2:02:58] | A world of Titans. | 泰坦的世界 |
[2:03:01] | The scouts have been up every known trail, Alexander. | 调查人员已勘察过每条已知的小道 亚历山大 |
[2:03:05] | There is no way across. | 没有可以翻越的路 |
[2:03:08] | Except to the south, into India. | 除非去南方 到印度 |
[2:03:12] | Were we gods, we’d breach these walls to the eastern ocean. | 如果我们是神 就可以…打破这些壁垒直接去东海 |
[2:03:16] | We will, Alexander. | 我们可以的 亚历山大 |
[2:03:18] | In a few years’ time, we will return. | 几年之后 我们就可以回来 |
[2:03:21] | But first, the men must see their homes. | 但首先士兵们要找到归属 |
[2:03:26] | Have you found your home… | 你找到你的归属了吗 |
[2:03:28] | …Ptolemy? | 托勒密? |
[2:03:35] | More and more, I think it will be Alexandria. | 我越来越肯定…我的归属是亚历山大城 |
[2:03:40] | Well, at least it’s hot. | 至少那里是炎热的 |
[2:03:43] | And Thais… | 并且泰丝 |
[2:03:46] | …she loved it there. | 她喜欢那个地方 |
[2:03:50] | Women bring men home. | 女人总能给男人一个归属 |
[2:03:53] | I have no such feeling. You have Babylon, Alexander. | 我却没那种感觉 你有了巴比伦 亚历山大 |
[2:03:58] | Where your mother awaits your invitation. | 那里有你的母亲在等待着你的邀请 |
[2:04:01] | Yes, I have Babylon. | 是的 我有巴比伦 |
[2:04:03] | But each land, each boundary I cross… | 但每当我踏上一片土地…越过一条分界线时 |
[2:04:08] | …I strip away another illusion. | 就会又丢掉一个幻想 |
[2:04:12] | I sense death will be the last. | 我感觉死亡是最后的归属 |
[2:04:17] | Yet still I push harder and harder… | 所以我继续更加艰苦的努力 |
[2:04:20] | …to reach this home. | 去找到我的归属 |
[2:04:29] | Where has our eagle gone? | 我们的鹰飞到哪去了? |
[2:04:35] | We must go on, Ptolemy. | 我们必须前进 托勒密 |
[2:04:39] | Until we find an end. | 直到我们找到终点 |
[2:06:29] | India, the land where the sun was born… | 印度 太阳升起的国度 |
[2:06:33] | … fabled to be even richer than Persia… | 神话里号称比波斯更富有的地方 |
[2:06:36] | … had never been explored or conquered. | 从未被探索或征服 |
[2:06:40] | From the beginning, we struggled to unify a land without a center. | 从这时开始 我们努力…想统一这片没有中心的土地 |
[2:06:46] | Kings who conspired against one another. | 这里的国王们彼此勾心斗角 |
[2:06:48] | A labyrinth of tribes urged on by zealots and philosophers… | 错综复杂的部落…在狂热信徒和贤哲的鼓动下 |
[2:06:53] | … to die by the thousands for their strange gods. | 为了他们的异神灵 可以成千上万的去死 |
[2:07:02] | We saw things we’d never dreamed and could hardly describe. | 我们见到的…是从未想像过和难以形容的 |
[2:07:06] | We saw birds that could talk and men that couldn’t. | 我们发现鸟可以说话 而人却不行 |
[2:07:11] | Craterus, in the advance party, fought against men with hairy skins… | 先锋部队的格雷塔斯…和长着长毛的敌人战斗 |
[2:07:15] | … who were tiny and lived in the tops of trees. | 他们体形很小居住在树上 |
[2:07:23] | Over there! They’re animals. | 那里! 他们是动物 |
[2:07:26] | Until Hephaistion convinced us these were animals who imitated men… | 直到赫菲斯提安…使我们确信 那些只是模仿人类的动物 |
[2:07:30] | … but wore their own skin. | 不过穿着自己的皮 |
[2:07:33] | They called this tribe “monkey.” | 他们管这个部落叫”猴子” |
[2:07:37] | Monkey. Monkey. | 猴子 猴子 |
[2:07:41] | But we saw little difference with the tribes who lived among them. | 我们发现它们和其中生活的部落…没有什么不同 |
[2:07:46] | Look at his hand. It’s so much like ours. | 看他的手 很像我们的 |
[2:07:53] | Hello, little man. | 你好 小人们 |
[2:07:55] | Do they speak? No, but they do sing and make noises… | 他们能说话? 不 但他们可以唱歌和制造噪音 |
[2:08:00] | …from the roofs of the forest. | 来自森林的树屋顶 |
[2:08:07] | We saw men who walked naked in public… | 我们看见那些人都公然裸体行走 |
[2:08:09] | … and spent hours at a time staring and doing nothing. | 或是花几个小时凝视…而什么也不做 |
[2:08:13] | Some who lived 200 years. | 有些人已经活了200年 |
[2:08:18] | And then, there was the rain. | 随后 大雨来临了 |
[2:08:26] | Never before had we seen water that fell from the gods… | 我们从没见过天神降下这么多雨水 |
[2:08:30] | … for 60 days and nights. | 整整六十个日夜 |
[2:08:33] | Well done today. | 好了 今天 |
[2:08:37] | Make sure the women and children are fed. | 确认女人和小孩有供给 |
[2:08:45] | You know better, Machatas. | 你更清楚 马卡塔斯 |
[2:08:51] | What’s your son going to say? | 你儿子要说什么? |
[2:08:53] | Come on, man. The older you get, the stronger. | 振作起来 伙计 你是老当益壮 |
[2:08:55] | Right, my king. You’re my horse, Alexander. | 是的 国王 你是我的领路马 亚历山大 |
[2:08:59] | I’ll be with you at your side. | 我将伴你左右 |
[2:09:04] | Everything rotted in this rain… | 在大雨中所有东西都腐烂了 |
[2:09:06] | … and scores of men died miserably from the tiny serpents… | 很多人不幸的死于小小的毒蛇 |
[2:09:10] | … that were everywhere in this evil land. | 这里到处都透着邪恶 |
[2:09:16] | What happened? It’s to the neck. | 出什么事了? 挨到脖子了 |
[2:09:17] | Oh, no. Zeus, no. | 哦 不 宙斯 不… |
[2:09:20] | Hold on. Hold on. | 坚持住坚持住… |
[2:09:24] | Be brave. | 勇敢些… |
[2:09:26] | Be brave. | 勇敢些… |
[2:09:28] | Oh, Zeus. | 哦 宙斯 |
[2:09:32] | Our quest for gold and glory evaporated as we realized… | 我们对黄金和荣誉的渴望化为泡影 |
[2:09:35] | … there was none to be had. | 因为我们意识到这里什么也得不到 |
[2:09:38] | Tempers worsened. | 心情愈加恶劣 |
[2:09:40] | We massacred all indians who resisted. | 我们屠杀了所有反抗的印度人 |
[2:09:43] | And with the local water putrid… | 当地的水源腐坏了 |
[2:09:46] | … we drank the strong wine. | 我们只能狂饮烈酒 |
[2:10:42] | And as we moved south and east… | 在我们向东南移动过程中 |
[2:10:45] | … Alexander often returned the lands we’d conquered to their defeated kings… | 亚历山大经常向那些…被我们征服的国王归还土地 |
[2:10:50] | … so as to make them allies. | 以此来和他们结为盟友 |
[2:10:52] | But this did not sit well with the army… | 但是将士们对此不太乐意 |
[2:10:56] | … who began to wonder: | 大家开始疑虑: |
[2:10:58] | Were we here for riches? Or had Alexander… | 我们在这里是为了财富? 还是亚历山大? |
[2:11:01] | … in some remorseless and crazed quest to imitate the glory of Herakles… | 出于顽固和疯狂的需求 在模仿赫拉克勒斯的荣耀 |
[2:11:05] | … forgotten them? | 从而忘记了他们? |
[2:11:08] | One thing an army knows quickly in their bones… | 军队们第一迅速反映起来的就是… |
[2:11:11] | … is which way the gods are blowing. | 那些神灵是怎么样遭受到打击的 |
[2:12:42] | Kiss him! | 亲他! |
[2:13:08] | To Bagoas. To Bagoas! | 敬巴高斯 敬巴高斯! |
[2:13:16] | And to my mother’s god, Dionysus… Dionysus! | 敬我母亲的神 狄俄尼索斯 狄俄尼索斯! |
[2:13:21] | …who, we’re told by our Indian allies, traveled here before Herakles… | 印度的首领告诉我们 早在赫拉克勒斯之前 他就曾来过这 |
[2:13:25] | …some 6000 years ago. | 大约6000年前 |
[2:13:28] | To a hero. | 为英雄干杯! |
[2:13:30] | To a hero! | 为英雄干杯! |
[2:13:52] | Roxane. | 罗克珊娜 |
[2:14:00] | You lose face. | 你真丢脸 |
[2:14:02] | These Indians… | 这些印度人 |
[2:14:04] | …they are a low, evil people. | 他们是下贱 邪恶的人 |
[2:14:06] | You don’t try to understand them. | 你不要去试图了解他们 |
[2:14:09] | I try. | 我要试 |
[2:14:11] | But this I know, Alexander. | 但是我知道 亚历山大 |
[2:14:14] | In Persia, you are a great king. | 在波斯 你是伟大的王 |
[2:14:18] | Here… | 这里 |
[2:14:19] | …they hate you. | 他们恨你 |
[2:14:24] | Let us go back to Babylon. | 让我们回巴比伦吧 |
[2:14:28] | There, you are strong. | 那里 你才是强大的 |
[2:14:32] | We’ll talk about this later. | 我们迟些时候再谈这个 |
[2:14:35] | Yes. | 好 |
[2:14:36] | Later. | 迟些时候 |
[2:14:38] | Talk. | 再说 |
[2:14:42] | I shall come. | 我会来 |
[2:14:44] | Tonight. | 今晚 |
[2:14:47] | And I shall wait. | 我会等你 |
[2:14:50] | Good night, my king. | 晚安 我的王 |
[2:14:54] | Your Majesty. | 陛下 |
[2:14:58] | Come, Alexander, drink with us. | 过来 亚历山大 和我们一起喝酒 |
[2:15:03] | Alexander. Alexander! | 亚历山大 亚历山大! |
[2:15:08] | I remember a time you hated how your father drank. | 我记得曾经有段时间…你很厌恶你父亲酗酒 |
[2:15:13] | Now I know why. | 现在我知道为什么了 |
[2:15:17] | Dionysus is hero. | 狄俄尼索斯是英雄 |
[2:15:22] | But he is also mind breaker. | 但他也是个疯子 |
[2:15:26] | He destroys our self-control. | 他破坏我们的自我控制 |
[2:15:30] | Self-control is a lover I’ve known too long, Ptolemy. | 自我控制就像情人…我对他了解很深 托勒密 |
[2:15:37] | The struggle worries me to the bone. | 奋斗在骨子里时刻提醒我 |
[2:15:41] | And success I find to be as corrupt as failure. | 成功是腐败和失败的开端 |
[2:15:45] | But Dionysus, bless his ancient soul… | 但是狄俄尼索斯 愿他古老的灵魂 |
[2:15:50] | …frees me from myself. | 让我自由 |
[2:15:53] | And then, I move up. | 然后 我会上升 |
[2:15:59] | I’m simply, Alexander. | 我是单纯的 亚历山大 |
[2:16:06] | A toast to Bagoas. | 我要向巴高斯敬酒 |
[2:16:10] | And the 30,000 beautiful Persian boys… | 向三万美丽的波斯男孩们 |
[2:16:14] | …we’re training to fight in this great army. | 我们训练他们…在这支伟大的军队里战斗 |
[2:16:20] | And to the memory of Philip. | 为了纪念菲利浦 |
[2:16:22] | Had he lived to see his Macedonians… | 如果他还活着 看着他的马其顿人民 |
[2:16:25] | …transformed into such… | 被改造成了一支 |
[2:16:28] | …a pretty army. | 漂亮的军队 |
[2:16:32] | To Philip. | 敬菲利浦 |
[2:16:34] | To a real hero. | 敬真正的英雄 |
[2:16:36] | Philip! | 菲利浦! |
[2:16:41] | To Cleitus and his new appointment as satrap of Bactria. | 敬克雷塔斯 他已被任命为大夏总督了 |
[2:16:46] | Cleitus. | 克雷塔斯 |
[2:16:49] | That’s a fancy way of putting it, Ptolemy. | 你挑了个好时候告诉我 托勒密 |
[2:16:52] | But we all know what a pension and an exile is… | 但到时候…我们就知道什么是养老和流放 |
[2:16:55] | …after 30 years’ service. | 在干了30年之后 |
[2:16:58] | Exile? | 流放? |
[2:17:00] | From where, Cleitus? | 从哪? 克雷塔斯? |
[2:17:01] | From my home, Alexander, Macedonia. | 从我们的家 亚历山大 马其顿 |
[2:17:04] | You could’ve asked me where I wanted to spend the rest of my life. | 你曾经问过我余生想在哪里度过 |
[2:17:08] | You call governing this major province exile? | 你认为管理这个主省叫做流放? |
[2:17:12] | Has Your Majesty given any of his closest companions… | 陛下曾经给过他任何亲密的战友 |
[2:17:16] | …a province so far from home? | 一个如此远离家乡的省吗? |
[2:17:19] | Then you won’t make a very good satrap, will you, Cleitus? | 所以你不想做个好总督…克雷塔斯? |
[2:17:25] | So be it. | 就是这样 |
[2:17:27] | Let me rot in Macedonian rags… | 让我在马其顿的破衣旧食中腐烂 |
[2:17:31] | …rather than shine… | 也好过在 |
[2:17:33] | …in Eastern pomp. | 这华丽的东方蛮国 |
[2:17:36] | I won’t quake and bow down like the sycophants you have around you. | 我不想跟那些拍马屁的人一样…围在你周围卑躬曲膝 |
[2:17:40] | Hephaistion, Nearchus, Perdiccas. | 赫菲斯提安 尼阿克斯 佩迪克斯 |
[2:17:45] | As governor of one of our most Asian of satrapies… | 都是我们广阔的亚洲土地上的长官 |
[2:17:49] | …Cleitus, does it not occur to you that if my Persian subjects… | 克雷塔斯 难道你不懂…如果波斯臣民在我面前鞠躬… |
[2:17:55] | …bow down before me, it’s important for them to do so? | 是因为这对他们很重要? |
[2:17:57] | Do I insist on Greeks doing the same? | 我有坚持让希腊人也这么做吗? |
[2:18:00] | You accept Greek offerings as a son of Zeus, do you not? | 希腊人都说你是宙斯的儿子…你不是接受了? |
[2:18:07] | Only when offered. | 只有他们愿意说的时候 |
[2:18:09] | Why don’t you refuse these vain flatteries? | 那你为什么不拒绝…这些没有意义的奉承? |
[2:18:12] | What freedom is this, to bow before you? | 向你鞠躬也是自由? |
[2:18:15] | You bow before Herakles, and he was mortal… | 你不是也向赫拉克勒斯鞠躬吗? 他也是凡人 |
[2:18:18] | …but a son of Zeus. | 但是 宙斯的儿子… |
[2:18:19] | How can you, so young, compare yourself to Herakles? | 你这么年轻 怎能和赫拉克勒斯相比? |
[2:18:24] | Why not? | 为什么…不行? |
[2:18:29] | I’ve achieved more in my years. | 我取得的成就已经比他多 |
[2:18:31] | Traveled as far. | 去得一样远 |
[2:18:33] | Probably farther. | 也许更远 |
[2:18:34] | Herakles did it by himself. | 赫拉克勒斯是凭自己的力量做到的 |
[2:18:37] | Did you conquer Asia by yourself, Alexander? | 你征服亚洲是全靠自己吗? 亚历山大? |
[2:18:40] | Who planned the Asian invasion… | 谁计划进军亚洲 |
[2:18:42] | …when you were still being spanked on your bottom by my sister Lanice? | 当你还在被我姐姐拉奈斯…追着打屁股的时候? |
[2:18:46] | Was it not your father? | 不是你父亲吗? |
[2:18:48] | Or is his blood no longer good enough? | 还是他的血脉不够高贵了? |
[2:18:50] | Zeus-Amon, is it? You insult me, Cleitus. | 那就宙斯·阿蒙? 你侮辱我 克雷塔斯 |
[2:18:54] | You mock my family. Be careful. | 你嘲笑我的家人 当心点 |
[2:18:57] | Never would your father have taken barbarians as his friends… | 你父亲可从来没把蛮人当朋友 |
[2:19:01] | …asked us to fight with them as equals in war. | 让我们和他们平等一起战斗 |
[2:19:04] | Are we not good enough any longer? | 我们不再出色了吗? |
[2:19:06] | I remember a time… | 我记得 |
[2:19:08] | …when we could talk as men, straight to the eye. | 我们曾经可以直视着对方眼睛说话 |
[2:19:11] | None of this scraping, groveling. | 不会像这样低声下气 |
[2:19:14] | I remember a time when we hunted… | 我记得我们曾经去打猎 |
[2:19:17] | …when we wrestled on the gymnasium floor. | 一起在广场的土地上摔跤 |
[2:19:20] | Now you kiss them? | 现在你去亲他们? |
[2:19:23] | Take a barbarian, childless wife and dare call her queen? | 娶一个不育的蛮女 让我们叫她王后? |
[2:19:31] | Go quickly, Cleitus, before you ruin your life. | 快走 克雷塔斯 趁你还没送命前 |
[2:19:38] | Doesn’t your great pride fear the gods any longer? | 你已经傲慢自大到连神都不敬了吗? |
[2:19:43] | This army… This army is your blood, boy! | 这支军队这支军队是你的心血! |
[2:19:47] | Without it, you’re nothing! | 没有他们 你什么也不是! |
[2:19:54] | You no longer serve the purpose of this march! | 你不再被允许为这次出征效力! |
[2:19:58] | Get him from my sight! I don’t serve your purpose? ! | 让他离开我的视线! 我不是为你效力? ! |
[2:20:01] | What was I serving when I saved your puppy life at Gaugamela? | 那我在高加米拉救了你这只小狗…算是为谁效力? |
[2:20:05] | Were you Zeus’ boy? What if I left you to die in the dust there? | 宙斯的儿子? 要是我当时…把你丢弃在那的尘土里呢? |
[2:20:08] | Do you think we’d be forced now to mate with brown apes? | 你认为我们还能在这里…被迫跟那些猿猴们坐在一起? |
[2:20:12] | Alexander! | 亚历山大! |
[2:20:14] | Turn out the guards! Arrest him for treason! | 叫护卫来!以判国罪逮捕他! |
[2:20:22] | I’ll go with him. Alexander. | 我和他一起走 亚历山大 |
[2:20:23] | Who’s with him? No. | 谁和你一起? 不 |
[2:20:25] | Who’s with him? | 谁和他一起? |
[2:20:27] | I call Father Zeus to witness. | 我要请宙斯做见证 |
[2:20:30] | I call you to trial before him! | 我会在他面前举行审讯! |
[2:20:32] | And we’ll see how deep this conspiracy cuts! | 我要看着你的阴谋败露! |
[2:20:35] | Take him! In the name of the gods, get him out! | 抓住他! 以神之名 带他走! |
[2:20:38] | Now look at you! Great white ass, Alexander. | 看看你自己! 伟大而又愚蠢的驴亚历山大 |
[2:20:42] | Hiding behind his fairy god! | 躲在他的神父后面 |
[2:20:44] | Or are you too great to remember whose life was saved by me? ! | 或者你太自大…已经连我救了谁的命…都不记得了? |
[2:20:50] | I am more a man than you’ll ever be! Ever! Get him out! | 我比你更像一个人 永远! 带他走! |
[2:20:56] | He’s gone. He’s gone. Alexander. | 他已经走了 他已经走了 亚历山大 |
[2:21:01] | Come on! | 过来! |
[2:21:02] | What a tyrant you are! An evil tyrant you’ve become, Alexander. | 你这个暴君!你已经成了…邪恶的暴君了 亚历山大 |
[2:21:07] | You speak of plots against you? What about poor Parmenion? | 你在说阴谋反对你吗? 那可怜的帕曼纽呢? |
[2:21:11] | Get out! | 出去! |
[2:21:12] | He served you well. Look how you repaid him. | 他忠心的跟随你 看看你是怎么回报他的 |
[2:21:15] | You made me do your foul deed. Have you no shame? | 你让我去暗算他 你不羞愧吗? |
[2:21:18] | You ungrateful wretch! No one, not my vilest enemy, has spoken like you to me. | 你这个薄情的人!没有一个人…哪怕是中伤我的敌人 也没有像你这样对我讲话 |
[2:21:22] | Getting what I say? ! Despot. False king. | 介意我说什么? 好一个暴君 |
[2:21:27] | You and your barbarian mother live in shame. | 你和你的野蛮母亲 都生活在羞耻中 |
[2:21:54] | Cleitus. | 克雷塔斯 |
[2:21:56] | Oh, my Cleitus. Cleitus. | 哦 我的克雷塔斯 克雷塔斯 |
[2:22:05] | Let me pass. None can enter. | 让我过去 谁也不能进来 |
[2:22:07] | I am the queen. | 我是皇后 |
[2:22:17] | I want to see him. I’ve waited three days. | 我要见他 我已经等了三天了 |
[2:22:19] | He says none, not even you. | 他不见任何人 包括你 |
[2:22:23] | He needs me. No, he doesn’t. | 他需要我 不 他不需要 |
[2:22:27] | And he needs you? | 难道他需要你? |
[2:22:31] | Hephaistion, you make a mistake. | 赫菲斯提安 你犯了个错误 |
[2:22:36] | The army grows restless, questioning. | 军队开始变得不稳定 疑惑重重 |
[2:22:42] | Alexander. | 亚历山大 |
[2:22:46] | They need your reassurance. | 他们需要你的安抚 |
[2:22:49] | Heinous. | 可憎的 |
[2:22:51] | Like an old lover they forgive, but they will never forget. | 他们就像旧情人一样会原谅你 但永远不会忘记 |
[2:22:55] | He was an aging drunk. He was my friend. | 他是个老酒鬼 他是我朋友 |
[2:23:02] | His sister Lanice nursed me. | 他姐姐拉奈斯一直照顾我 |
[2:23:05] | And how did I repay her? | 我要怎么去和她讲? |
[2:23:09] | Two brothers dead, fighting him by my own hands. | 两个兄弟死了 死在我的手上 |
[2:23:12] | Her last remaining blood. | 她最后的血亲 |
[2:23:18] | What will she do but weep on the day of my birth? | 她会在我出生那天怎样的哭泣? |
[2:23:24] | Come. You know more than any… | 来 你要知道很多人 |
[2:23:27] | …great deeds are done by men who took and never regretted. | 做了最疯狂的事也不会后悔 |
[2:23:31] | You’re Alexander. | 你是亚历山大 |
[2:23:34] | Pity and grief will only destroy you. | 后悔和悲伤只会毁掉你 |
[2:23:36] | Have I become so arrogant that I am blind? | 我是不是太傲慢以至于瞎了眼? |
[2:23:43] | Sometimes, to expect the best of everyone is… | 有时候 希望每个人做到最好 |
[2:23:49] | arrogance. | 就是一种傲慢 |
[2:23:52] | Then Cleitus spoke true. I have become a tyrant. | 克雷塔斯说的是真的 我已成了暴君 |
[2:23:58] | No. | 不 |
[2:24:02] | But perhaps a stranger. | 应该说是奇人 |
[2:24:06] | You’ve gone too far. | 你走得太远 |
[2:24:09] | They don’t understand you anymore. | 他们不再了解你 |
[2:24:14] | They speak of Philip now… | 他们现在说起菲利浦的样子 |
[2:24:18] | …as if I were a passing cloud… | 就像我是一片浮云 |
[2:24:22] | …soon to be forgotten. | 很快就会被忘记 |
[2:24:26] | I’ve failed… | 我失败了 |
[2:24:28] | …utterly. | 完全的 |
[2:24:32] | You’re mortal. | 你是凡人 |
[2:24:34] | And they know it. | 他们了解 |
[2:24:36] | And they forgive you because you make them proud of themselves. | 他们会原谅你因为你令他们骄傲 |
[2:24:41] | Philip once said… | 菲利浦曾经说过 |
[2:24:46] | …that there’s a Titan in all of us. | 我们之中有一个泰坦 |
[2:24:50] | That they wait, mixed in our ashes. | 那是他们等待的…从我们的骨灰中诞生的 |
[2:24:58] | It wasn’t because of the wine, I killed. | 这不是因为酒的问题 我杀了人 |
[2:25:01] | It was because I wanted to. | 因为我想要这么做 |
[2:25:32] | Philip, King of Macedonia… | 菲利浦 马其顿王 |
[2:25:35] | …and leader of the Greeks. | 希腊的领袖 |
[2:25:38] | All my life, I’ve waited to see Greeks grovel with respect for Macedonia. | 我这一生都在等着…希腊人恭敬地来马其顿 |
[2:25:44] | Today is that day. | 今天终于等到了 |
[2:25:51] | They say already, “Philip was a great general… | 他们已经说菲利浦是个伟大的将军 |
[2:25:54] | …but Alexander is simply great.” | 但亚历山大却是伟大的本身 |
[2:25:59] | But if you ever insult me again… | 可是你要是再侮辱我一次 |
[2:26:02] | …l’ll kill you. | 我会杀了你 |
[2:26:10] | I’ve missed you. | 我很想念你 |
[2:26:11] | In the spring, Persia. | 春天在波斯的时候 |
[2:26:14] | You’ll command my horse from the right. | 你将指挥我的右翼骑兵 |
[2:26:16] | I’m honored, Father. I wouldn’t miss it… | 我的荣幸 父亲 我不会错过 |
[2:26:19] | …for all the gold in the world. | 即使用全世界的黄金和我交换 |
[2:26:21] | Which, one day, you’ll have. | 总有一天你会得到 |
[2:26:40] | Making himself a 13th god. | 他自立为第十三神 |
[2:26:42] | He’s drunk so much wine, my poor Philip, he’s lost his mind. | 我看他是酒喝多了 我可怜的菲利浦失去了意志 |
[2:26:50] | Your Majesty. Attalus. | 陛下 阿特拉斯 |
[2:26:57] | I hope the prince is enjoying the spectacle… | 我希望王子也会欣赏这个场面 |
[2:27:00] | …as much as our regent. | 就像我们的摄政王 |
[2:27:03] | He’s very tired. | 他很累了 |
[2:27:09] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[2:27:14] | Pausanias, bring the rest of the guard. Royal guard! | 帕塞亚斯 把其他卫兵带走 御前护卫! |
[2:27:17] | To the arena! March! | 朝竞技场前进! |
[2:27:20] | No guard, Your Majesty? In all this crowd? | 没有护卫 陛下? 还有这么多人? |
[2:27:23] | Greeks all over the place. Cleitus, Cleitus. | 周围都是希腊人 克雷塔斯 克雷塔斯 |
[2:27:27] | My Cleitus. | 我的克雷塔斯 |
[2:27:29] | This man you can always trust, Alexander. | 这个人你可以一直信任 亚历山大 |
[2:27:32] | Treat him as you would me. | 对待他就像对待我一样 |
[2:27:34] | He’ll guard your back for you. | 他可以保护你的后背 |
[2:27:37] | Yes, Father. | 是 父亲 |
[2:27:39] | My people are guard enough today. | 今天有足够的人保护我 |
[2:27:42] | Let these Greeks see for themselves how I can walk through my people. | 让那些希腊人自己看看 我能走到我的人民中间 |
[2:27:45] | Then let them call me tyrant. | 让他们叫我暴君! |
[2:27:47] | Bring the main guard in after my entry only. | 主力卫队等我进去再进来 |
[2:27:51] | Cleitus, make sure the wine flows steady all day. | 克雷塔斯 你要保证…一整天都有足够的美酒 |
[2:27:55] | I want them to like me. | 我要让他们喜爱我 |
[2:28:04] | Weren’t you told? I go in alone. | 不是告诉你了? 我要单独进去 |
[2:28:07] | Follow with the main guard. | 去跟着卫队 |
[2:28:09] | Go on. | 去啊 |
[2:28:13] | Go on. Father, it’s best I go with you. | 去啊父亲 我最好还是跟着你 |
[2:28:19] | You want the world to see you’re my successor. | 你想要所有人都看见你是我的继承人 |
[2:28:22] | Is that what she wants? | 是她叫你这样做? |
[2:28:25] | Don’t look so hurt all the time, Alexander. Be a man. | 别整天看起来一副受委屈的样子 亚历山大 像个男人 |
[2:28:28] | You count yourself lucky you were here at all today, after your public display. | 你今天要在公众面前…表现出你是被幸运眷顾的 |
[2:28:36] | By Herakles, by Zeus, by all the gods… | 赫拉克勒斯 宙斯 众神在上 |
[2:28:38] | …obey me this once! | 听我这一回! |
[2:28:42] | Have courage, Father. | 勇气伴随你 父亲 |
[2:28:45] | And go on your way rejoicing that at each step… | 当你走过每一步 |
[2:28:47] | …you may recall your valor. | 你可以想起你的英勇 |
[2:29:25] | And now, our beloved King Philip… | 现在 我们被爱戴的菲利浦王 |
[2:29:29] | …in whose honor these wedding games begin. | 将做为比赛开场的主持人 |
[2:29:50] | Pausanias, I told you- | 帕塞亚斯 我告诉你… |
[2:30:02] | Who’s your new friend? | 谁是你的新伙伴? |
[2:30:03] | There’s your new friend. | 这是你的新伙伴 |
[2:30:06] | No! Please, don’t! No! | 不!住手!不! |
[2:31:48] | The king lives! | 国王还活着! |
[2:31:51] | Alexander, son of Philip! | 亚历山大 菲利浦的儿子! |
[2:31:54] | May the gods bless the king! | 神在保佑着国王! |
[2:32:00] | Alexander is king! | 亚历山大是王! |
[2:32:06] | You’re king now. You’re king. | 你现在是王了 你是国王! |
[2:32:09] | Long live Alexander! | 亚历山大万岁! |
[2:32:14] | Alexander! King Alexander! | 亚历山大! 亚历山大王! |
[2:32:18] | Alexander! | 亚历山大! |
[2:32:23] | Alexander is king! | 亚历山大是国王! |
[2:32:29] | May the gods bless Alexander! | 神在保佑亚历山大! |
[2:32:34] | May the gods bless the king! | 神在保佑着王! |
[2:32:38] | Alexander! | 亚历山大! |
[2:32:57] | You break my heart, you men. | 你伤了我的心 你们这些人 |
[2:33:00] | Afraid. | 可怕 |
[2:33:03] | Of course you have fears. | 你一定很恐惧 |
[2:33:05] | We all have fears… | 我们都在恐惧 |
[2:33:06] | …because no one has ever gone this far before. | 因为之前没有人走过这么远的路 |
[2:33:10] | And now we are weeks from the encircling ocean, our route home. | 现在我们离环绕陆地的大洋…只有几周的路程 那是我们的发源地 |
[2:33:15] | We’ll build a fleet of ships… | 我们会造一支舰队 |
[2:33:16] | …and sail all the way back down the Nile to Egypt. | 沿着尼罗河去埃及 |
[2:33:20] | And from Alexandria, we shall be home within weeks. | 从亚历山大港出发到家只要几星期 |
[2:33:23] | There to be reunited with our loved ones. | 可以和我们的亲人团聚 |
[2:33:25] | To share our great treasures and tales of Asia. | 和他们分享财富和亚洲的故事 |
[2:33:29] | And to enjoy our imperishable glory to the ends of time. | 接受永不磨灭的荣光 |
[2:33:35] | Follow Alexander. I’ll follow you. | 跟着亚历山大 我跟着你 |
[2:33:43] | What? | 什么? |
[2:33:45] | Silence? We’re with you, Alexander! | 沉默? 我们和你一起 亚历山大! |
[2:33:49] | Crateros. | 格雷塔斯 |
[2:33:53] | Crateros. | 格雷塔斯 |
[2:33:54] | And another one. | 和另外一个人 |
[2:34:07] | My king. | 我的王 |
[2:34:09] | I’m a fighting man. | 我是一个战士 |
[2:34:11] | I don’t like no bellyaching. I won’t tolerate it in any of my units. | 我不是要抱怨…也不容许我的部队这样做 |
[2:34:16] | I lost many a man. | 我损失了很多人 |
[2:34:20] | Young ones, never been with a woman. | 年轻的小伙子们还从来没碰过女人 |
[2:34:23] | Some died of disease. | 一些死于疾病 |
[2:34:26] | Some were butchered in Scythia by the banks of the Oxus. | 有人在奥克苏的河边被砍死 |
[2:34:30] | Some died good. | 有人死得荣耀 |
[2:34:32] | Some just didn’t get no luck. | 有人死于运气不好 |
[2:34:36] | But they died. | 但他们都死了 |
[2:34:40] | Forty thousand I come over with eight years ago. | 八年前 我和四万人一起跟着你 |
[2:34:44] | And we march after you more than 10,000 miles. | 我们已跟随你征战了十万英里的路 |
[2:34:49] | In the rain and the sun, we fought for you. | 在烈日和暴雨中 大家为你而战斗 |
[2:34:53] | Some of us, 50 battles we’ve been in. | 这里的一些人…已经参与了五十场左右的战争 |
[2:34:56] | We killed many a barbarian. | 我们杀了很多蛮族 |
[2:35:01] | And now when I look around, how many of them faces do I see? | 看看四周 还剩下多少熟悉的脸? |
[2:35:06] | Now you want us to fight more of these crazy monkey tribes east of here. | 现在你还要我们在东方…和更多疯狂猴子般的部落战斗 |
[2:35:09] | We hear talk of thousands of these elephant monsters… | 我们能听到穿越上百条河流传来 |
[2:35:13] | …cross a hundred more rivers. | 成千上万大象怪物的怒吼 |
[2:35:17] | Crateros. Good Crateros. | 格雷塔斯 说得好 格雷塔斯 |
[2:35:22] | Who better than you to speak, most noble of men. | 有哪一个会比你说得更动听? 你是最高尚的人 |
[2:35:28] | But you know there’s no part of me without a scar or a bone broken. | 可你们知不知道…我自己也是遍体鳞伤 |
[2:35:32] | By sword, knife, stone, catapult and club. I’ve shared every hardship with all of you. | 被那些刀剑刺 石头砸 炮轰棍打 我和你们每个人都经受着同样的苦 |
[2:35:38] | Aye, you have, my king, and we love you for it. | 是的 我的国王 所以我们因为这些而拥戴你 |
[2:35:43] | But, by Zeus, too many have died. | 但是死的人已经太多了 |
[2:35:47] | You have no children, Alexander, and we’re just… | 你没有孩子 亚历山大 我们只是… |
[2:35:50] | …humble men, we seek no disturbance with the gods. All we wish for… | 卑贱的凡人 不想惊扰诸神 我们全部的愿望… |
[2:35:55] | …is to see our children and our wives and our grandchildren one last time… | 是想回家看看…我们的妻儿和孙子 见最后一次 |
[2:36:02] | …before we join our brothers in that dark house they call Hades. | 在我们像那些兄弟一样…去那个叫冥府的黑屋子报道之前 |
[2:36:10] | Yes. You’re right, Crateros. | 格雷塔斯 你说得对 |
[2:36:14] | I have been negligent. | 是我疏忽了 |
[2:36:17] | I should’ve sent you veterans home sooner, and I will. | 我应该尽快送你们这些老兵回家 我将尽快… |
[2:36:20] | The first of you shall be the Silver Shields. | 首先是近卫部队 |
[2:36:23] | Then every man who’s served seven years. With full pensions from our treasury. | 然后是所有服役七年的人 所有养老金由我来发 |
[2:36:30] | And respected, rich, loved. | 受人尊敬 富有 被人爱戴 |
[2:36:33] | You’ll be treated by your wives and children as heroes for the rest of your lives… | 在你们的余生中…都会被子孙后代当成英雄来崇拜 |
[2:36:39] | …and enjoy a peaceful death. | 最后平静地死去 |
[2:36:44] | But you dream, Crateros. | 但是你的梦想 格雷塔斯 |
[2:36:47] | Your simplicity long ended when you took Persian mistresses and children… | 你的纯朴…早在你和波斯女人生孩子之时 |
[2:36:51] | …and you thickened your holdings with plunder and jewels. | 在你用金银和珠宝…充斥你的腰包时就完结了 |
[2:36:56] | Because you’ve fallen in love with all the things in life that destroy men. | 因为你迷上了人生中…所有可以毁掉你…作为一个男子汉的东西 |
[2:37:03] | Do you not see? | 难道你没有看见? |
[2:37:06] | And you, as well as I, know… | 你我都清楚 |
[2:37:10] | …that as the years decline and the memories stale… | 岁月流逝会使记忆淡忘 |
[2:37:14] | …and all your great victories fade… | 你所有的胜利都会褪色 |
[2:37:17] | …it will always be remembered, you left your king in Asia! | 人们会永远记得…你在亚洲…抛弃了你的王! |
[2:37:23] | For I will go on, with my Asians. | 我会继续前进 和我的亚洲士兵 |
[2:37:29] | To the jackals with you, then, Alexander. We come for you, and you discard us. | 和你的走狗们一起去吧 亚历山大 我们为你前进 而你抛弃我们 |
[2:37:34] | Shame! We want to go home, Alexander. | 耻辱! 我们要回家 亚历山大 |
[2:37:36] | We’re tired of glory. | 我们已经对荣誉厌倦了 |
[2:37:38] | We want to see our wives and children before we die. | 我们想在死之前…见到我们的妻儿 |
[2:37:43] | I’ve got children I haven’t even seen. | 我已经有了孩子…可我还从未见过 |
[2:37:49] | I want to see my children. | 我想见我的孩子 |
[2:37:52] | I paid for your bastard children. I’ve taken nothing for myself. | 我出钱养你们的小杂种 我自己什么也没有拿 |
[2:37:56] | And all I’ve asked of you is one more month. | 我所要的只是…你们再跟随我一个月 |
[2:37:58] | Shame. That’s your king. | 耻辱 那是你的国王 |
[2:38:01] | What would your father say? | 你的父亲会说什么? |
[2:38:03] | I’ve taken you further than my father ever dreamed. | 我实现了我父亲和你们父亲的梦 |
[2:38:06] | So go home. I look to the barbarians for their courage. | 所以回家吧 让那些野蛮人来打 他们有勇气 |
[2:38:11] | I go east. | 我去东方 |
[2:38:13] | He wants us dead so we can’t speak of his crimes. | 他想让我们去死 来满足他的罪恶 |
[2:38:15] | Who said that? We won’t make it to Macedonia. | 谁说的? 我们永远不会回马其顿 |
[2:38:18] | You despicable coward. Come forth. | 你这下流的懦夫 到前面来 |
[2:38:20] | Make your accusations public. So you can have us killed? | 当着大家的面说 为什么 想让我们去死吗? |
[2:38:23] | Son of Zeus. You desecrate your real father’s memory. | 宙斯的儿子 你亵渎了你父亲的名声 |
[2:38:26] | Or did you murder him like you did Cleitus? Hide in this mob because I’ll take your life. | 或者你要谋杀他…就像谋杀克雷塔斯? 躲在里面吧 因为我要宰了你 |
[2:38:42] | You men insult my honor, my paternity. Arrest him. | 你们侮辱了我的自尊…我父亲的名声 阻止他! |
[2:38:47] | And him. Yes. And you, this loudmouth Demetrius. | 还有他 是的 还有你…声音最大的德米特里厄斯 |
[2:38:51] | You call me murderer? I have no such blood on my hands. | 你叫我凶手? 我的双手从未染过血 |
[2:38:55] | And him. Yes, you’ll know the pain of treason. | 还有他 是的 你会知道叛逆的痛苦 |
[2:38:59] | You mock my shame for Cleitus and say I’d harm a hair of my father’s head. | 你因为克雷塔斯嘲笑我的羞耻 还说我侮辱了我父亲高贵的名声 |
[2:39:04] | Arrest him. After all I’ve done for you, you swine. | 阻止他!我为你们做了这么多…你们这些猪猡为什么! |
[2:39:08] | You cowards. Traitors. | 懦夫 叛徒 |
[2:39:12] | Come on, then. Where are your daggers? | 过来啊你们的短剑在哪里? |
[2:39:17] | In smashing the mutiny and executing the ringleaders… | 在粉碎了兵变和惩罚了领头人之后 |
[2:39:22] | … he did nothing, to my mind, that any general in wartime would not have done. | 在我看来 他做的只是任何将军…都会在战争中做的事 |
[2:39:27] | But clearly, the army was divided. | 但很明显的 军队分裂了 |
[2:39:31] | And Alexander was no longer loved by all. | 亚历山大不再受所有人的拥护了 |
[2:39:38] | He drove on, south to the outer ocean. | 他继续南去寻找海洋 |
[2:39:44] | I confess a disappointment. | 我承认失望了 |
[2:39:47] | Especially on these reports of your taking on Eastern ways. | 特别是这些关于你继续东行的报告 |
[2:39:52] | Beware how these manners inflame the senses with pride. | 要知道 这样的行径…来自骄傲情绪的滋长 |
[2:39:58] | However, I have lived long enough now… | 我毕竟经历世事如此长久 |
[2:40:02] | …to question… | 敢于质疑 |
[2:40:04] | …when so many others invest such emotion in their disrespect for you. | 何时开始 这么多人对你如此不满 |
[2:40:10] | I can only hope that you continue what you began as the boy I knew at 12. | 我只希望 你可以继续当我…一开始了解的那个12岁少年 |
[2:40:17] | Be that man always, Alexander, and you will not slip. | 一定要变回那种人 亚历山大…你才不会跌倒 |
[2:40:22] | And perhaps you will prove this old materialist… | 虽然你一直这么看我 |
[2:40:27] | …as you always thought me: | 但也许你会证明我这个老现实主义者 |
[2:40:30] | A dreamer after all. | 不过是个梦想家而已 |
[2:40:52] | Stay calm. | 保持镇定 |
[2:40:54] | Together we are strong as gods. | 只要保持一致我们就如神一样强大 |
[2:40:58] | Cover with your left, strike hard with your right. | 左手防护 右手狠狠的打 |
[2:41:06] | Fear is rot. A waste of time. | 恐惧是种腐败 浪费时间 |
[2:41:15] | Lock shields. | 盾牌手! |
[2:41:19] | Battle positions. | 战斗队形 |
[2:41:23] | Move. | 前进 |
[2:41:34] | Choppers, prepare your knives. | 大军 准备好你们的武器 |
[2:41:37] | Follow me. | 跟着我 |
[2:41:51] | Strike hard, boys. Strike hard. | 用力打 孩子们 用尽全力 |
[2:42:13] | Come, Macedonians. Why do you hang back? Hurry. | 来吧 马其顿人 为何退缩? 快点 |
[2:42:18] | Cavalry! | 骑兵! |
[2:42:28] | Split to thirds. Regroup and encircle. | 分裂至第三队 重组包围 |
[2:42:51] | Hold the line. | 保持队伍 |
[2:42:55] | We must hide! | 我们必须躲! |
[2:43:36] | Oh, no. Cavalry on me. Follow Alexander. | 哦 不 骑兵压上我了 跟着亚历山大 |
[2:43:45] | Charge. Charge. Charge. | 冲锋 冲锋 冲锋 |
[2:43:52] | The phalanx is in jeopardy. | 我们的方阵很危险 |
[2:43:54] | Meleager, ride to Pharnakes and tell him return to the center. | 墨勒根 去找法内客斯…告诉他回到中央来 是! |
[2:43:58] | Find Hephaistion at the riverbank and bring all cavalry to the center. | 叫岸上的赫菲斯缇安…带所有骑兵到中央来 |
[2:44:01] | We must reach Crateros before it’s too late. | 我们必须尽快赶到格雷塔斯那里 |
[2:44:28] | Hephaistion. To the center. | 赫菲斯提安 到中间来 |
[2:44:34] | Come, Macedonians. Ride. | 冲啊!马其顿人 冲! |
[2:44:37] | Ride! | 冲! |
[2:45:36] | Coenus! Get out of there. | 科纳斯!快离开那! |
[2:45:40] | No. | 不! |
[2:46:11] | The horses won’t go. On foot, then. | 马不肯走了 用脚走 |
[2:46:21] | Fall back, men! Fall back! | 退后 所有人!退后! |
[2:46:26] | Come, Bucephalus. | 来吧 布塞佛勒斯 |
[2:46:32] | Fear not, my friend. | 不要怕 我的朋友 |
[2:46:37] | Bucephalus. | 布赛佛勒斯 |
[2:46:39] | ‘Tis only sun and shadow. | 这只是太阳的影子 |
[2:46:44] | Bucephalus and Alexander. | 布赛佛勒斯和亚历山大 |
[2:46:46] | One last time, it’s you and me. | 这是最后一次 你和我… |
[2:46:50] | Isn’t it a lovely thing to live with great courage… | 又是一次选择…借着伟大的勇气生存下去 |
[2:46:53] | …and to die leaving an everlasting fame? | 还是带着湮灭的火焰死去? |
[2:46:56] | Come, Macedonians. Why do you retreat? | 来啊马其顿人 为什么要退后? |
[2:47:00] | Do you want to live forever? In the name of Zeus, attack. | 你们想要得到永生吗? |
[2:47:22] | Attack. | 以宙斯的名义 进攻 |
[2:47:25] | Alexander! | 进攻 |
[2:47:38] | Alexander. | 亚历山大 |
[2:49:13] | The king is down! To the king! | 国王倒下了! 快救国王! |
[2:50:39] | It was the bloodiest of his battles. | 这是他最血腥的一战 |
[2:50:47] | Pure butchery. | 纯粹的屠杀 |
[2:50:54] | We’d never be men again. | 我们不再是人类 |
[2:52:15] | Get out. | 出去 |
[2:52:18] | Go. | 走 |
[2:52:24] | How can you behave so shamelessly in public? | 你怎能在众人面前表现得毫不动容? |
[2:52:27] | Because it was meant to be. | 因为这是必须的 |
[2:52:29] | This isn’t how I wanted to become king. | 我不想因为这种手段成为国王 |
[2:52:31] | No one blames you. They blame me behind my back! In secret. | 没人责备你 他们在背后指责我!暗地里! |
[2:52:36] | Slander is not power. Shame is? | 诽谤不会成为阻碍 那羞耻呢? |
[2:52:40] | Who killed my father? | 谁杀了我父亲? |
[2:52:43] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[2:52:44] | Tell me, or shall I put you on trial for his murder? | 告诉我 否则我将你送入谋杀审判 |
[2:52:47] | Pausanias. He had help! | 波斯人 他有帮手! |
[2:52:50] | Did you help him? | 你帮他了吗? |
[2:52:59] | No, never. | 不 从来没有 |
[2:53:02] | Why? Why would I? | 为什么? 为什么是我? |
[2:53:06] | So many wanted it. | 很多人都想他死 |
[2:53:08] | Greeks, Persians, men, women. | 希腊人波斯人 无数男人和女人 |
[2:53:11] | I’d be shocked if there were not a god he had not profaned. | 如果他没有得罪神灵…我还会觉得奇怪呢 |
[2:53:14] | How ironic though, in the end… | 最后多么的讽刺 |
[2:53:16] | …a boy he rutted with once too often returned the favor. | 一个他曾经那么宠幸的男孩…给了他绝妙的回报 |
[2:53:19] | You’re mad. You’re cursed. | 你是疯狂的 邪恶的 |
[2:53:21] | You’ve unleashed Furies, you don’t know their power. | 你没有点燃那些愤怒…你不知道他们的力量 |
[2:53:24] | Now who is exaggerating? | 现在是谁在夸大其词? |
[2:53:28] | Even if it was the wish of your heart… | 即使这是你心中的愿望 |
[2:53:31] | That’s a lie! He was my father! I loved him! | 这是谎言!他是我父亲!我爱他! |
[2:53:33] | He was not your father! | 他不是你父亲! |
[2:53:35] | You owe no blood debt to that man. | 你和他没有任何血缘 |
[2:53:38] | You lie and lie and lie. | 你骗我!骗我!骗我! |
[2:53:41] | So many lies you’ve spun like a sorceress, confusing me. | 你就像个巫师一样…骗了我很多次 让我迷惑 |
[2:53:44] | Look at you. Look at you. | 看看你 看看你 |
[2:53:48] | You are everything that he was not. | 你没有一处像他 |
[2:53:51] | He was coarse, you are refined. | 他是粗野的 你是高贵的 |
[2:53:55] | He was a general, and you are a king. | 他是凡人 而你是王 |
[2:53:59] | He could not rule himself… | 他甚至无法控制自己 |
[2:54:01] | …and you shall rule the world. | 而你可以掌握这个世界 |
[2:54:04] | You’re so cursed by all the gods when you speak like this. | 你这样说会被所有的神诅咒 |
[2:54:08] | Such thick pride… | 如此的不敬 |
[2:54:10] | …and no mourning for your husband. | 对你的丈夫没有一丝悲痛 |
[2:54:12] | Mourn… | 悲痛 |
[2:54:14] | …him? | 他? |
[2:54:16] | What do you know of Philip? | 关于菲利浦你知道多少? |
[2:54:20] | No, Alexander. Zeus is your father. | 不 亚历山大 宙斯才是你父亲 |
[2:54:25] | Act like it. My first act would be to kill you! | 就像这样 我第一个念头就是要杀了你! |
[2:54:30] | You murdered me in my cradle. | 你掐杀了摇篮中的我 |
[2:54:33] | You birthed me in a sack of hate. | 你在仇恨中生下了我 |
[2:54:35] | Hate you have for those stronger than you. | 憎恨那些强大过你的人 |
[2:54:38] | Hate you have for men. I taught you my heart, Alexander! | 憎恨占有你的人 我告诉你我的心 亚历山大! |
[2:54:42] | And by Zeus and Dionysus, you grew beautiful. | 宙斯和狄俄尼索斯在上 你很优秀 |
[2:54:45] | Damn your sorceress soul. | 让你怪力乱神的灵魂去死吧 |
[2:54:47] | Your soul is mine, Alexander. | 你的灵魂是我的 亚历山大 |
[2:54:51] | No! No! | 不!不! |
[2:54:54] | You’ve taken from me everything I’ve ever loved and made me you! | 你从我这里拿走了一切 用所谓的爱控制我 你! |
[2:54:58] | Stop it. Stop acting like a boy. | 停!不许像个小男孩无理取闹! |
[2:55:00] | You’re a king. Act like one. | 你是王!要有王的样子 |
[2:55:03] | Parmenion is with us, for once. | 帕曼纽暂时还站在我们这边 |
[2:55:05] | Execute Attalus without delay. | 处决阿特拉斯 不要犹豫 |
[2:55:07] | Confiscate their lands and root out that family forever. | 没收他们的领地 并且永远地驱逐他们的家族 |
[2:55:10] | Eurydice? Never. | 欧律狄克? 绝不 |
[2:55:12] | Laugh, you monster. | 笑吧 你这个怪物 |
[2:55:13] | You heartbreaker. | 你这个伤心的人 |
[2:55:15] | How will you live out the year like this? | 你想要在外面过这样的生活? |
[2:55:18] | Have you learned nothing from Philip? No. From you, Mother. | 你从菲利浦那里什么也没学到吗? 不 是从你这里 母亲 |
[2:55:26] | The best. | 最强的人 |
[2:55:37] | What have I done to make you hate me so? | 我究竟做了什么使你如此恨我? |
[2:55:45] | One day, you will understand this. | 总有一天 你会明白 |
[2:55:49] | But I have only you in my heart. | 我心里只有你一个人 |
[2:55:56] | I know what you need. | 我知道你想要什么 |
[2:56:00] | Now is the time. | 现在时机到了 |
[2:56:02] | The gods favor you. | 神在保佑你 |
[2:56:05] | Great wealth, power, conquest. | 不计其数的财产 力量征服 |
[2:56:08] | All you desire. | 所有你希望的 |
[2:56:10] | The world is yours! | 整个世界都是你的! |
[2:56:13] | Take it. | 去拿吧! |
[2:56:19] | Take it. | 去拿吧! |
[2:56:43] | He never saw his mother again. | 他再也没有见过他的母亲 |
[2:56:50] | And while he was away, fighting the Northern tribes… | 从他离开 向北方部落征战开始 |
[2:56:54] | … Olympias had Philip’s new wife, Eurydice, and her infant son murdered. | 奥林匹亚斯杀死了菲利浦的…另一位妻子欧律狄克和她的婴儿 |
[2:57:00] | By necessity, Alexander had her uncle Attalus executed. | 必要的 亚历山大处决了…她的叔叔阿特拉斯 |
[2:57:46] | He lives! Alexander! | 他还活着了!亚历山大! |
[2:58:12] | Men of Macedon… | 马其顿的人们 |
[2:58:15] | …we’re going home. | 我们回家 |
[2:58:18] | What? What? | 什么? 什么? |
[2:58:21] | Home? We’re going. | 家? 我们回去了 |
[2:58:29] | We’re going home. | 我们要回家 |
[2:59:38] | His life should have ended in india… | 他的生命应该在印度结束 |
[2:59:42] | … but that’s myth. | 但这是神话 |
[2:59:45] | In life, Herakles died of a poisoned shirt, given him in error by his jealous wife. | 实际上 赫拉克勒斯死于有毒的衣服 来自他善嫉的妻子 |
[2:59:51] | Great Zeus… | 伟大的宙斯 |
[2:59:52] | …we have worshipped you in blood. | 我们在鲜血中敬拜你 |
[2:59:56] | Look kindly on our homeward steps… | 请慈悲地照看我们回家的步伐 |
[2:59:58] | …and smile upon our backs. | 请对我们的背影露出微笑 |
[3:00:06] | May all those who come here after us know, when they see this altar… | 当后来者看着这座祭台…他们可以知道… |
[3:00:11] | …that Titans were once here. | 泰坦族曾经来过这里 |
[3:00:29] | Making his devotions to the gods at the end of the great journey… | 在伟大征途结束时 向诸神献祭 |
[3:00:33] | … Alexander bade the East farewell and marched his army directly west… | 亚历山大告别了东方 带着军队一直向西 |
[3:00:38] | … across the great Gedrosian desert… | 穿越了格德罗西亚大沙漠 |
[3:00:41] | … seeking the shortest route home to Babylon. | 寻找最近的路回巴比伦 |
[3:00:47] | Here, he watched helplessly the cruel breaking of his army. | 这里 他看见了自己军队…面临悲惨的重创 |
[3:00:52] | Not by any human foe… | 不是来自人类军队 |
[3:00:55] | … but by nature. | 而是自然 |
[3:00:58] | To this day, there is no accounting of how many died. | 到目前为止 已有数不清的人死去 |
[3:01:03] | It was the worst blunder of his life. | 这是他生命中最大的错误 |
[3:01:07] | And when he finally reentered Babylon, after six years in the Far East… | 在他终于抵达巴比伦…整整东征六年后 |
[3:01:12] | … Alexander again seized the imagination of the world by taking two more wives. | 亚历山大又重新燃起了对世界的渴望 在他娶了两个妻子后 |
[3:01:19] | Now Alexander had three wives, two lovers… | 现在亚历山大拥有三位妻子两个情人 |
[3:01:23] | … a contentious mother and a turbulent Greece… | 一个有争议的母亲 一个动乱的希腊 |
[3:01:26] | … satraps of dutious loyalty in several provinces… | 一些省份的忠诚的总督们 |
[3:01:30] | … generals questioning his every decision. | 将军们怀疑他的每一项举措 |
[3:01:33] | And beneath it all, a restive new army made up of 10 Asians for every Greek… | 在这之下 每个希腊人掌管一支…由十个亚洲人组成的军队 |
[3:01:39] | … all held together by one slender thread. | 一起由一个不稳定的国家线掌控着 |
[3:01:42] | They took another reading. The harbor can only be dredged to 20 feet. | 他们试了另一种方案 港口只能挖掘20英尺 |
[3:01:46] | Then get a second opinion from the Phoenicians. It goes deeper. | 他们采取了腓尼基人的第二种意见 现在挖得深些了 |
[3:01:49] | Alexander. We’ll well over 12,000 talents on wood alone for the fleet. | 亚历山大 我们的舰队…有12000多人的精英只穿着木甲 |
[3:01:55] | And their armor costs are staggering. | 他们的装甲花费浩大 |
[3:01:58] | Cast another dye, we shall back them. How? | 换个角度想 我们可以支持他们 怎么做? |
[3:02:01] | Our armor… Our Treasury… | 我们的装甲 我们的国库 |
[3:02:03] | With our future, Cassander, the best capital we have. | 从我们的将来 喀山德 我们拥有最好的资本 |
[3:02:06] | Even so, I seriously doubt the Phoenicians can make a timber quote in time. | 虽然如此 我很严肃的怀疑 那些腓尼基人能及时提供木材来源 |
[3:02:10] | Perhaps we could sail with fewer ships or delay until the spring… | 也许我们可以用很少的船出航 或迟延到春天… |
[3:02:14] | There’ll be no delays, Nearchus. | 不会有迟延 尼阿克斯 |
[3:02:16] | Ptolemy, how goes our library? The trees are falling as we speak. | 托勒密 我们的图书馆怎么样? 那些树已经按我们说的砍倒了 |
[3:02:21] | Good. We must not forget our libraries. | 很好 我们不能忘记我们的图书馆 |
[3:02:24] | All the Alexandrias we have, I want libraries. | 我要所有的亚历山大城都有图书馆 |
[3:02:35] | Just last night he was… It’s the water, Your Majesty. | 从昨晚开始他就这样了 是因为水 陛下 |
[3:02:38] | He mixed it with the wine. | 他在里面掺了酒 |
[3:02:41] | But how can this be? | 但怎么会这样的? |
[3:02:43] | Typhus of India? I wouldn’t tax yourself, Your Majesty. | 印度的伤寒? 我不是在责怪你 陛下 |
[3:02:47] | A few good nights’ rest will do it. But no wine or cold chicken. | 好好休息几个晚上就行 不过 不能喝酒吃冷肉 |
[3:02:53] | With the regimen of cares that I’ve put in place… | 只要按我所嘱咐的休养方法 |
[3:02:56] | Come, doctor. | 走吧 医生 |
[3:03:11] | I feel better. | 我感觉好些了 |
[3:03:14] | Soon, I’ll be up. | 一会儿就能起来 |
[3:03:18] | We leave for Arabia in the spring, and I couldn’t leave without you. | 我们春天要离开去阿拉伯 我不能没有你 |
[3:03:23] | Arabia. | 阿拉伯 |
[3:03:28] | You used to dress me up like a sheik… | 你想让我扮成阿拉伯酋长一样 |
[3:03:34] | …wave your wooden scimitar. | 挥舞你的木军刀 |
[3:03:36] | You were the only one who’d never let me win. | 你是唯一一个我赢不了的人 |
[3:03:41] | The only one who’s ever been honest with me. | 只有你对我一直说实话 |
[3:03:45] | You saved me from myself. | 你拯救了我 |
[3:03:50] | Please don’t leave me, Hephaistion. | 不要离开我 赫菲斯提安 |
[3:04:02] | I remember the young man who wanted to be Achilles… | 我记得有个年轻人渴望成为阿喀琉斯 |
[3:04:07] | …and then outdid him. | 然后他成功了 |
[3:04:10] | And then what happened? | 今后会发生什么? |
[3:04:12] | Ours is a myth only young men believe. | 我们的人生…是使那些年轻人相信是一个神话 |
[3:04:16] | But how beautiful a myth it was. We reach, we fall. | 但这神话是多么美丽啊我们登上顶峰 又跌下 |
[3:04:23] | Oh, Hephaistion. | 赫菲斯提安 |
[3:04:32] | I worry for you without me. I am nothing without you. | 我很担心你没有我会怎样 没有你我什么都不是 |
[3:04:38] | Come, fight, Hephaistion. | 振作起来 赫菲斯提安 |
[3:04:42] | We will die together. | 我们要死在一起 |
[3:04:48] | We’ll have children with our wives, and our sons will play together as we once did. | 我们会一起有孩子 我们的孩子会在一起玩 就像曾经的我们一样 |
[3:04:54] | A thousand ships we’ll launch from here, Hephaistion. | 我们会从这里发动一千艘船 赫菲斯提安 |
[3:04:59] | We’ll round Arabia and sail up the gulf to Egypt. | 我们将要环绕阿拉伯海湾直达埃及 |
[3:05:04] | From there, we’ll build a channel through the desert and out to the Middle Sea. | 我们要从那里修建穿越沙漠的大道 通向地中海 |
[3:05:09] | And then we’ll move on Carthage. And that great island, Sicily, they’ll pay large tribute. | 然后我们要去迦太基 还有那个大岛西西里 他们会大量地进贡 |
[3:05:15] | After that, the Roman tribe, good fighters. We’ll beat them. | 然后是罗马 优秀的战士我们会打败他们 |
[3:05:20] | And then explore the northern forests… | 然后探索北方森林 |
[3:05:23] | …and out the Pillars of Herakles to the western ocean. | 把赫拉克勒斯的柱子竖立在大西洋 |
[3:05:26] | And then one day, populations will mix and travel freely. | 然后有一天…当各民族自由地融合和交往时 |
[3:05:31] | Asia and Europe will come together. | 亚洲和欧洲会合二为一 |
[3:05:35] | And we’ll grow old, Hephaistion… | 然后我们会变老 赫菲斯提安 |
[3:05:40] | …looking out our balcony at this new world. | 在我们的露台上看着我们的新世界 |
[3:05:52] | Hephaistion? | 赫菲斯提安? |
[3:05:56] | Hephaistion? | 赫菲斯提安? |
[3:05:59] | No! | 不! |
[3:06:05] | Where is this doctor? I can’t explain this, Your Majesty. | 那医生在哪? 我也不知道该怎么解释 陛下 |
[3:06:10] | It’s not possible. I swear by Apollo. Execute him! | 这是不可能的 我向阿波罗发誓 处决他! |
[3:06:15] | Take him out now and execute him. | 把他带出去然后处决他! |
[3:06:19] | Come away, come away. Liars. Liars. You all hated him. All of you. | 起来吧 起来吧 骗子!骗子!你们都恨他…所有人 |
[3:06:24] | Get out. Get out now! | 滚!全都滚! |
[3:06:35] | Be gone. | 滚开 |
[3:06:38] | Be gone with you! Harpies! Get out! Get out! | 你们都走开!滚!滚出去! |
[3:06:43] | Are you drunk again? | 你又喝醉了? |
[3:06:45] | Get out. He’s dead. | 出去 他死了 |
[3:06:47] | Who? Many hated him… | 谁? 很多人恨他 |
[3:06:50] | …but I don’t think any other would have dared. | 但我想不出谁敢这么做 |
[3:06:54] | Hephaistion is dead? | 赫菲斯提安死了? |
[3:07:00] | Are you mad? | 等一下 |
[3:07:04] | You monster. | 你这个怪物 |
[3:07:07] | Are you mad? You’ve taken from me all I’ve ever loved. | 你疯了? 你害死了我生命中最爱的人 |
[3:07:10] | May all the Furies through time damn your miserable heart. Obey me. | 狠毒的复仇女神 你这狠心的女人去死吧! |
[3:07:15] | Alexander. I have your child. Alexander. | 亚历山大 我有了你的孩子…亚历山大 |
[3:07:22] | Alexander, we have a son. No. | 亚历山大 我们有孩子了 不 |
[3:07:26] | The child. Oh, Your Majesty, no. | 孩子 不 陛下 不 |
[3:07:29] | Alexander, I have your child. Alexander, my husband, my king. | 亚历山大 我有了你的孩子 亚历山大 我的丈夫 我的王 |
[3:07:35] | We have a son. | 我们有一个儿子 |
[3:07:38] | My poor, poor, ill-fated son. | 我可怜的 悲惨的儿子 |
[3:07:43] | Never touch me again. | 不要再碰我 |
[3:07:48] | No! | 不! |
[3:07:56] | One last toast! | 最后一声咒语! |
[3:08:02] | Before the dawn. | 在黎明之前 |
[3:08:11] | To my old friends. | 给我的老朋友们 |
[3:08:31] | And to the myths. To the myths. | 还要给我的传说 我的神话传说 |
[3:09:04] | Yes, come on. Finish it. | 是的 继续吧 结束它 |
[3:09:28] | To the next dawn. | 到下一个黎明之前 |
[3:10:07] | My little Achilles. | 我的小阿喀琉斯 |
[3:10:31] | Bless you, Alexander. Lord, we love you. | 祝福你 亚历山大 王 我们爱你 |
[3:10:35] | Bless you, Alexander. | 祝福你 亚历山大 |
[3:10:45] | My lord, these herbs are from Delphi. | 我的王 这些药草来自德尔斐 |
[3:10:48] | They saved my brother. | 他们救过我的兄弟 |
[3:10:51] | Rest yourself. Thank you. | 好好休息 谢谢你 |
[3:10:54] | We love you, Alexander. | 我们都爱你 亚历山大 |
[3:11:02] | Alexander. | 亚历山大 |
[3:11:05] | Alexander. | 亚历山大 |
[3:11:11] | We love you, Alexander… | 我们都爱你 亚历山大 |
[3:11:15] | …and your seed. | 和你的子孙 |
[3:11:19] | Keep moving, men, please. | 保持距离 大家继续走 别停下 |
[3:11:27] | Yes, come. | 对 来这里 |
[3:11:29] | Come to Babylon. I await you. Your only loving son. | 来巴比伦 我等着你…你是受尽宠爱的独生子 |
[3:11:42] | For the men. | 为了人类 |
[3:11:44] | Bagoas. | 巴高斯 |
[3:11:52] | Can you prop me up a little? It catches me. | 你能扶我起来吗? 扶着我 |
[3:12:05] | I’ve never been so idle. | 我从来没这么懒散过 |
[3:12:07] | The fleet will never get out by spring. I must go. | 舰队无法在春天开动了 我必须去 |
[3:12:28] | You have given me all. | 你给了我一切 |
[3:12:32] | Bagoas. And you have given me… | 巴高斯 你给予了我 |
[3:12:35] | …the happiest times of my life, Alexander. | 我生命中最幸福的时光 亚历山大 |
[3:12:40] | Happy? What is happy? | 幸福? 什么是幸福? |
[3:12:47] | While in your mind and body are stretched to breaking… | 当你的身心承受不住即将崩溃 |
[3:12:51] | …you have no thought beyond the next. | 你不知道下一步该干什么 |
[3:12:55] | And you look back then… | 然后当你回过头来 |
[3:12:58] | …and there it was, happiness. | 才发现幸福就在那里 |
[3:13:02] | In the doing, never the thinking. | 在于怎么做而不是怎么想 |
[3:13:07] | Still, you have made me so happy. | 但你仍然…让我有了幸福 |
[3:13:20] | It is done, Bagoas. | 结束了 巴高斯 |
[3:13:25] | It is done. | 结束了 |
[3:13:50] | Wait. We have his son. | 等等 我们有他的儿子 |
[3:13:52] | Alexander. Wait. | 亚历山大 等等 |
[3:13:57] | Wait. | 等等 |
[3:13:59] | Vultures. Wait. | 雄鹰 等一等 |
[3:14:01] | We have his son. | 我们有他的儿子 |
[3:14:03] | Just three more months. | 刚刚三个月 |
[3:14:06] | Please live. | 请活下来 |
[3:14:11] | Alexander, the army will divide. | 亚历山大 军队要分裂了 |
[3:14:14] | Satrapies will revolt. Without orders, there’ll be war. | 总督辖区发生叛乱…若失去控制 就要开战了 |
[3:14:17] | We beg you. Tell us who. | 我们请求你 告诉我们是谁 |
[3:14:23] | Who will rule this great empire? | 谁将代替你统治这个广大的帝国? |
[3:14:25] | Who do you want to, Alexander? We beg you, tell us. | 你希望是谁 亚历山大? 请求你告诉我们 |
[3:14:30] | The myth becomes real. | 神话传说成真了 |
[3:14:49] | Zeus is your father. | 宙斯是你的父亲 |
[3:14:57] | Who will it be? | 谁将是下一任国王? |
[3:15:00] | Pray tell us, who? | 请求你告诉我们 是谁? |
[3:15:04] | What did he say? “To the best.” | 他说了什么? “最强的人” |
[3:15:09] | He said, “To the best.” What? | 他说”最强的人” 什么? |
[3:15:12] | No, he said, “To Crateros.” To Crateros? | 不 他说”是格雷塔斯” 是格雷塔斯? |
[3:15:14] | Why would he say Crateros? | 为什么他会说格雷塔斯? |
[3:16:18] | On the 10th of June, a month short of his 33rd year… | 在6月10日…还差一个月 就是他33岁生日 |
[3:16:23] | … Alexander’s great heart finally gave out. | 亚历山大的雄心…停止了跳动 |
[3:16:27] | And as he vowed, he joined Hephaistion. | 他遵守誓言 追随赫菲斯提安去了 |
[3:16:35] | But in his short life, he achieved, without doubt… | 但在他短暂的生命里…毫无疑问 他取得了… |
[3:16:38] | … the mythic glory of his ancestor Achilles and more. | 和他的先祖阿喀琉斯一样…神话般的光荣 甚至更多 |
[3:16:48] | Olympias’ transgression in the murder of his father… | 奥林匹亚斯参与了…谋杀其父亲的逆反罪 |
[3:16:51] | … is, to my mind, a probability. | 在我看来 只是可能 |
[3:16:54] | His, a burden. | 在他 却是负担 |
[3:16:58] | Alexander was too in love with glory for him to steal it. | 亚历山大太执着于光荣 所以不愿意去盗取它 |
[3:17:07] | But by blood, and blood alone, he was guilty. | 但仅仅从血缘关系看 他是有罪的 |
[3:17:11] | No! | 不! |
[3:17:24] | Bolt the doors. The body stays in Babylon. | 闩上门 遗体得留在巴比伦 |
[3:17:27] | The body belongs to Macedon. Within hours… | 遗体属于马其顿 仅仅几个小时 |
[3:17:31] | … we were fighting like jackals for his corpse. | 我们就像豺狼一样 围绕着他的尸体打了起来 |
[3:17:35] | The wars of the world had begun. Forty years, off and on, they endured. | 世界大战开始了 40年来 纷争不止 尚不停歇 |
[3:17:40] | Cassander in Greece. Crateros and Antigonus in western Asia. | 喀山德取得了希腊 格雷塔斯和安提柯斯占领了西亚 |
[3:17:44] | Solucas and Perdiccas in the East. Myself in Egypt. | 塞琉古和佩迪克斯在东方 而我 则是埃及 |
[3:17:49] | Until we divided his empire in four parts. | 我们将他的广大帝国一分为四 |
[3:17:52] | Gentlemen, we are not savages. | 先生们 我们不是野蛮人 |
[3:17:54] | We are the future… Get out! | 我们是未来的…滚出去! |
[3:17:56] | I think Alexander would have been disappointed in us. | 我想亚历山大一定对我们相当失望 |
[3:18:03] | Naturally, rumors grew he’d been poisoned by one faction of his generals or another… | 很自然的 开始有流言传播说…他是由于将军之间的派系内杠 所以被毒杀 |
[3:18:08] | … but the truth in these matters has long since been driven from currency. | 但真相很快就淹没在时间的洪流中 |
[3:18:16] | Cassander saw to that with his fake diaries… | 咯山德为了自己的权力需要 |
[3:18:20] | … painting Alexander as a sick and bloated drunk. | 将亚历山大塑造成了…恶心和傲慢的酗酒者 |
[3:18:25] | Many believed, to remove suspicion from himself. | 很多人选择相信 为了摆脱对他的怀疑 |
[3:18:33] | He certainly proved he had the temperament for politics and murder… | 他当然也证明了…他在政治和谋杀方面的手段 |
[3:18:38] | …when seven years later, he executed Olympias. | 七年后 他处死了奥林匹亚斯 |
[3:18:44] | Met her death with great courage. | 她以充分的勇气 迎接了自己的死 |
[3:18:49] | Five years… No, it was six years after that… | 再五年…不 再六年之后 |
[3:18:54] | …Cassander finally achieved the complete destruction of Alexander’s bloodline… | 喀山德彻底消灭了亚历山大的血脉 |
[3:19:00] | …when he poisoned Roxane… | 他毒死了罗克珊娜 |
[3:19:03] | …and Alexander’s 13-year-old son… | 和亚历山大13岁大的儿子 |
[3:19:08] | …the true heir to the empire. | 帝国真正的继承人 |
[3:19:15] | But Roxane too, like Olympias… | 但罗克珊娜 非常像奥林匹亚斯 |
[3:19:19] | …played by stern rules, supported by several generals. | 在严酷的统治下…得到了…一些将军的支持 |
[3:19:25] | Days after Alexander’s death, she had Stateira poisoned. | 亚历山大死后没多久 她毒死了斯塔蒂娜 |
[3:19:32] | It was reason enough for some to believe… | 有足够的理由可以相信 |
[3:19:34] | …she was the one behind Hephaistion’s sudden demise. | 她是使赫菲斯提安…突然去世的幕后者之一 |
[3:19:38] | But this is unproven in my mind. | 但我无法证明它的真实性 |
[3:19:41] | Bagoas disappeared from the histories entirely… | 巴高斯从历史上完全消失了 |
[3:19:44] | …a wise move, perhaps. | 这也许是一种明智的离去 |
[3:19:48] | But I will say his love and devotion for Alexander… | 但我要说的是…他为亚历山大所付出的爱 |
[3:19:53] | …were unquestionable and extraordinary. | 是特别的…而且无庸置疑的 |
[3:20:03] | Now I am the keeper of his body… | 现在我保有他的躯体 |
[3:20:08] | …embalmed here in the Egyptian ways. | 在这里用埃及的防腐技术 |
[3:20:12] | I followed him as Pharaoh, and have now ruled 40 years. | 我跟随他成为了法老王 到现在已统治了有40年 |
[3:20:20] | I have two sons, each jealous of the other’s power. | 我有两个儿子 他们互相警惕着对方的能力 |
[3:20:28] | But they will grow to make fine fathers and husbands. | 但他们会成长为优秀的父亲和丈夫 |
[3:20:32] | And I trust they’ll be just in their affairs. | 我相信他们仅仅会处理这些琐事 |
[3:20:38] | But they have never seen… | 但他们再也不会看到… |
[3:20:41] | …the great cavalry charge of Gaugamela… | 伟大的高加米拉骑兵 |
[3:20:44] | …or the mountains of the Hindu Kush… | 或者是兴都库什的山脉 |
[3:20:47] | …when we crossed the 100,000 men army into India. | 那个我们集结了十万军队…遍布印度的时代 |
[3:21:00] | He was a god, Cadmos… | 他是神 卡德摩斯 |
[3:21:04] | …or as close as anything I’ve ever known. | 或者是我所知…最接近神的人 |
[3:21:07] | “Tyrant!” they yell so easily. I laugh. | “暴君”!他们这样轻率地称呼他…而我笑了 |
[3:21:11] | No tyrant ever gave back so much. | 没有任何一个暴君…赐予人民如此多的东西 |
[3:21:14] | What do they know of the world, these schoolboys? | 他们知道多少关于这世界…这些学校里的孩子们? |
[3:21:17] | It takes strong men to rule. | 强者们才能统治 |
[3:21:19] | Alexander was more, he was a Prometheus, a friend to man. He changed the world. | 亚历山大远不止这些成就…他是普罗米修斯人类之友 他改变了这个世界 |
[3:21:26] | Before him, there were tribes… | 在他之前 这里是仅仅是部落 |
[3:21:30] | …and after him, all was possible. | 在他之后 一切都有了可能 |
[3:21:34] | There was suddenly a sense the world could be ruled by one king… | 可以由一个国王统治世界 |
[3:21:39] | …and be better for all. | 而且统治得更好…的理念产生了 |
[3:21:44] | Eighteen great Alexandrias he built across this world. | 他建立的18个亚历山大城遍布世界 |
[3:21:47] | It was an empire, not of land and gold, but of the mind. | 这是一个帝国 不是土地与…黄金的帝国 而是精神的帝国 |
[3:21:54] | It was a Hellenic civilization… | 这是希腊的文化 |
[3:21:58] | …open to all. | 向所有人开放 |
[3:22:06] | But the truth is never simple… | 但真相往往不那么简单 |
[3:22:10] | …and yet it is. | 而真相是 |
[3:22:13] | The truth is, we did kill him. | 真相是我们杀了他 |
[3:22:19] | By silence, we consented. | 我们都默认了这个主意 |
[3:22:23] | Because… | 因为… |
[3:22:25] | Because we couldn’t go on. | 因为我们不想再前进了 |
[3:22:28] | What, by Ares, did we look forward to but to be discarded in the end, like Cleitus? | 为什么 阿瑞斯在上 我们一直抱着希望前进 但最后却无法避免…像克雷塔斯一样被抛弃 |
[3:22:34] | After all this time, to give away our wealth to Asian sycophants we despised? | 这么多年 我们放弃财富去亚洲 藐视疾病的侵扰 |
[3:22:39] | Mixing the races, harmony? | 融合协调不同民族 |
[3:22:43] | Oh, he talked of these things… | 哦 他就是这样说的 |
[3:22:46] | …but wasn’t it really about Alexander and another population ready to obey him? | 但亚历山大真正想要的…不就是希望再有更多人臣服他吗? |
[3:22:53] | I never believed in his dream. | 我从来没相信过他的梦想 |
[3:22:56] | None of us did. | 我们没有人相信 |
[3:23:00] | That’s the truth of his life. | 那就是他人生的真相 |
[3:23:02] | The dreamers exhaust us. | 梦想让我们疲惫 |
[3:23:06] | They must die before they kill us with their blasted dreams. | 在我们被梦想杀死之前…梦想必须先死 |
[3:23:11] | Oh, just throw all that away, Cadmos. | 把所有的那些都扔了 卡德摩斯 |
[3:23:14] | It’s an old fool’s rubbish. | 这是个老傻瓜说的胡话 |
[3:23:18] | You shall write, “He died of fever and a weakened condition.” | 你应该写上 他死于热病和身体虚弱 |
[3:23:25] | Yes, great Pharaoh. | 是 法老 |
[3:23:27] | Oh, he could have stayed home in Macedonia, married, raised a family. | 也许他可以呆在马其顿的家里 和东方家庭结亲 |
[3:23:32] | He’d have died a celebrated man. | 他会做为名人死去 |
[3:23:37] | But this was not Alexander. | 但这就不是亚历山大了 |
[3:23:40] | All his life, he fought to free himself from fear. | 他一生都在为摆脱恐惧而奋斗 |
[3:23:46] | And by this, and this alone, he was made free. | 只是因为这样他得到了自由 |
[3:23:54] | The freest man I’ve ever known. | 我见过的最自由的人 |
[3:24:00] | His tragedy was one of increasing loneliness… | 他的悲剧就是…和不理解自己的人们在一起 |
[3:24:05] | …and impatience with those who could not understand. | 孤独和烦躁日积月累 |
[3:24:09] | And if his desire… | 如果他的愿望 |
[3:24:12] | …to reconcile Greek and barbarian ended in failure… | 希腊人和蛮族和解的心愿失败了 |
[3:24:19] | What failure! | 什么失败? |
[3:24:23] | His failure towered over other men’s successes. | 他的失败都要高于其他人的成功 |
[3:24:33] | I’ve lived… | 我已经活了 |
[3:24:35] | I’ve lived long life, Cadmos… | 我已经活了很长时间了 卡德摩斯 |
[3:24:38] | …but the glory and the memory of man… | 但光荣和荣誉是属于 |
[3:24:40] | …will always belong to the ones who follow their great visions. | 属于那些追逐伟大梦想的人们 |
[3:24:46] | And the greatest of these is the one they now call… | 他们所有人中最了不起的 他们现在称呼他为… |
[3:24:52] | …Megas Alexandros. | 亚历山大大帝 |
[3:24:58] | The greatest of them all. | 这个世上最伟大的人 |