英文名称:The Good Guy
年代:2009
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:47] | Hello? | 谁啊 |
[00:48] | Beth, hey, um… | 贝丝 是我… |
[00:50] | Can you let me up? | 能让我上去吗 |
[00:51] | I, uh… | 我… |
[00:52] | I’m locked outta my apartment… | 我被关在家门外了 |
[00:54] | And I… lost my wallet and my keys, and… | 钱包和钥匙都丢了 而且… |
[00:58] | No. You can’t come up right now. | 不行 你现在不能上来 |
[01:03] | Is someone up there with you? | 有人和你在一起吗 |
[01:07] | No. | 没有 |
[01:12] | Is it him? | 是他对吗 |
[01:16] | Look, Beth, I… | 贝丝 我… |
[01:19] | I’m locked out. | 我进不了家门 |
[01:21] | And I have had the worst night of my life and I… | 今晚倒霉透了 |
[01:26] | Look, if you help me, I’ll leave you alone. | 帮帮我吧 我就不再打扰你了 |
[01:28] | Okay? Both of you. | 不再打扰你们俩了 好吗 |
[01:44] | I feel sorry for you, Tommy. | 我很同情你 汤米 |
[01:46] | I do. | 真的 |
[02:09] | (第84街 第五大道) | |
[02:28] | 好男孩 | |
[02:46] | Have you ever been lied to… | 你有没有被 |
[02:47] | By someone you trusted completely? | 完全信赖的朋友欺骗过 |
[02:50] | Just had your little heart torn out… | 让你撕心裂肺 |
[02:53] | And shoved down your throat? | 气断声吞 |
[02:56] | Trust me, it’s not nearly as fun as it sounds. | 相信我 这种感觉可不美妙 |
[03:01] | 六星期前 | |
[03:08] | I hate to admit it, | 我真不想承认 |
[03:09] | But I was totally blindsided by the whole thing. | 但这件事我确实完全没预料到 |
[03:13] | And I deal with the best liars in the world every day. | 亏我每天还和最高明的说谎家们打着交道 |
[03:16] | I’m shorted another hundred thousand. | 我还缺十万的头寸 |
[03:19] | That’s right, every sale’s a good one. | 是啊 每笔交易都很顺利 |
[03:20] | Take that spin off the fucking tape… | 把那些胡扯从留言里删掉吧 |
[03:21] | Or I’m gonna come through this phone | 不然我就从电话里钻过去 |
[03:23] | and bite your fucking eyes out. | 把你眼珠子抠出来 |
[03:24] | Okay, talk to you later. | 好吧 回聊 |
[03:25] | …is up 30 percent, top line is flat. | 上涨百分之三十 营收基本与前期持平 |
[03:27] | It’s not my fault you own this dodgy stock. | 你持这支高风险股不是我的错 |
[03:29] | Don’t worry, don’t worry, you’re in good hands. | 别担心 我们会替你处理好的 |
[03:31] | Half a million Johnny-John to travel, who’s in? | 五十万股强生要出手 谁来做 |
[03:34] | This girl is a-fucking-amazing. | 这姑娘太惊艳了 |
[03:36] | Is anybody gonna get me fucking done | 思科公司的股票 |
[03:37] | on the Cisco, please? | 谁能帮我搞定 |
[03:38] | Make some calls, people, please. | 要多打几个电话 |
[03:39] | Yeah, just hold for me. | 稍等 不要挂 |
[03:41] | Ok, you’re done at 50 thou on the figure, | 你的五万股按这个价格成交了 |
[03:43] | Jen’ll call you with the report. All right? | 珍会打电话把结果报给你 好吗 |
[03:44] | – Did you get that 50,000? – Calling him now. | -那五万股的结果出来了吗 -我现在就打给他 |
[03:45] | Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. | 我操 操 操 操 |
[03:47] | My whole system just crashed again. | 电脑系统又崩溃了 |
[03:50] | Where is iceman? | 冰人在哪儿 |
[03:51] | You sent him out for comee. | 你派他去买咖啡了 |
[03:52] | Hey, Shakes, am I filling that Microsoft yet, or… | 老莎 微软的股票做了吗 |
[03:54] | I’m working it, man. | 我正在看呢 |
[03:55] | – Where the fuck is my latte? – Probably still with iceman. | -我的咖啡呢 -冰人去买了 |
[03:58] | Shakespeare, it’s fucking Microsoft. Just put it up. | 老莎 是他妈微软的股票啊 快挂单吧 |
[04:00] | – Okay. – Bobby, stay with me, all right? | -好的 -鲍比 稍等一下好吗 |
[04:02] | He’s working it. I’ll have it done soon. | 他正在处理 我很快就能搞定 |
[04:04] | What is the point of having an army geek computer nerd | 这么个退伍的电脑呆子老不在这儿 |
[04:07] | if he is never fucking here? | 要他有什么用呢 |
[04:10] | A Princeton diploma and three years | 普林斯顿大学的文凭 以及三年 |
[04:11] | in the air force put to good use. | 空军服役经历 被派上好用场了 |
[04:14] | Thank you, Daniel. | 谢谢你 丹尼尔 |
[04:16] | And 63 cents change. | 找你的六十三美分 |
[04:24] | Listen, Daniel, my computer has crashed again. | 丹尼尔 我电脑又死机了 |
[04:26] | Would you mind taking a look when you get the chance? | 你有空的时候能看一下吗 |
[04:29] | Well, did you check and see if you | 你有没有查看一下 |
[04:32] | just kicked out the plug again? | 是不是又把插头踢掉了 |
[04:39] | It was kind of acting up before that, though. | 好像在这之前就开始不对劲了 |
[04:42] | Thanks, soldier. | 谢谢了 大兵 |
[05:00] | You know, when I first started, | 我刚来这儿的时候 |
[05:03] | He used to send me to Mcdonald’s every day. | 他每天派我去买麦当劳 |
[05:05] | Double quarter pounder with cheese, hold the pickles. | 双层足三两芝士汉堡 带酸黄瓜 |
[05:08] | Doesn’t really bother me that much. | 我倒不是很介意 |
[05:11] | You won’t be here in a year… | 如果你总是给那傻逼干买咖啡的活儿 |
[05:12] | if you keep on serving coffee to that prick. | 用不了一年你就得滚蛋 |
[05:16] | Well, I like working with computers, | 我喜欢和电脑打交道 |
[05:18] | But to be honest, the stuff that I’m doing here… | 但说实话 我在这都干了些什么呀 |
[05:22] | I’d rather do what you do at some point. | 有时我倒更想干你们干的活儿 |
[05:27] | “This is the saddest story I have ever heard”. | “这是我听过的最悲惨的故事” |
[05:30] | Thus begins the classic novel The Good Soldier… | 经典小说《好兵》是以这一句开场的 |
[05:33] | in one of the most memorable first lines in modern fiction. | 现代小说中最令人印象深刻的开场白之一 |
[05:39] | Well, that sounds about as fun as date rape. | 这句话听起来像是约会时遭了强暴似的 |
[05:43] | No kidding, I vote for Lolita. | 说真的 我还是支持选《罗莉塔》 |
[05:44] | Then it’s sex with minors by a landslide. | 那大家是一边倒地选恋童癖的故事了 |
[05:47] | Can we read The Good Soldier next, though? | 那在这之后就看《好兵》 可以吗 |
[05:49] | Can’t we ever read something with a happy ending? | 就不能读本完美结局的小说吗 |
[05:50] | This is New York City. | 这是纽约 |
[05:52] | The only happy endings are in Chinatown. | 在唐人街才有完美结局 |
[05:53] | – No offense. – None taken. I’m korean. | -别介意 -无所谓 我是韩国裔 |
[05:56] | Are you really? | 真的吗 |
[05:57] | No. What’s wrong with you people? | 假的 你们这些人怎么回事 |
[06:04] | Have a good night, Tommy. | 祝你晚上过得愉快 汤米 |
[06:05] | You too, Irv. | 你也是 厄弗 |
[06:06] | – Taxi? – Donny. Yes, please. | -要出租车吗 -好的 |
[06:08] | For all the excitement and glamour, | 尽管光鲜刺激丰富多彩 |
[06:10] | Life in the big city does have its downside. | 大城市的生活仍然有着阴暗面 |
[06:14] | I mean, if you thought Wall Street was full of bullshitters, | 我是说 如果你觉得华尔街满是尔虞我诈 |
[06:18] | You should try having a relationship here. | 那你就该试着找到一个感情依托 |
[06:22] | And maybe it’s like this everywhere nowadays, | 也许如今到处都和这里差不多 |
[06:25] | But it just feels like a war zone here sometimes. | 可有时感觉这里就像一个战场 |
[06:30] | I know everyone has some kind of a history. | 我明白每个人都有种种过去 |
[06:33] | It’s not like I’ve always been a saint. | 我自己也不是圣人 |
[06:37] | You know, I guess I just hoped | 我只是希望 |
[06:38] | things would be diferent with Beth. | 和贝丝的交往能有点不同 |
[06:40] | You’ve been dating for two months | 你们都约会两个月了 |
[06:42] | and you still haven’t had sex? | 还没有上过床吗 |
[06:42] | You made Rich wait about two hours. | 你以前可只让里奇等了两小时 |
[06:44] | Maybe your first time with him could be in Italy. | 或许你们的第一次会发生在意大利 |
[06:46] | You never know. | 谁知道呢 |
[06:48] | – That would be lovely. – Cheesy. | -那多美好呀 -没意思 |
[06:50] | What would you do if Rich left his wife? | 如果里奇离婚了 你会要他吗 |
[06:54] | Where did that come from? | 怎么会问这问题 |
[06:55] | Hi. I hope I’m not interrupting. | 嗨 没打扰你们吧 |
[06:57] | Oh, hey. | 你好呀 |
[06:59] | No, we were just talking about shopping. | 没有 我们正在讨论逛街问题呢 |
[07:01] | – Oh, I’m sure you were. – Yeah. | -我想也是 -没错 |
[07:03] | You know Jordan. | 乔丹你认识的 |
[07:05] | This is Lisa, Susan, and Jill. | 这几位是莉莎 苏珊和吉尔 |
[07:07] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你们好 -你好 |
[07:08] | – Nice to meet you. – Nice to meet you. | -很高兴认识你们 -我们也是 |
[07:09] | Would you guys like to go grab a drink with us? | 愿意和我们去喝一杯吗 |
[07:11] | – My treat? – Oh, thanks, but we’re… | -我请客 -谢谢 不过我们… |
[07:13] | Meeting my boyfriend Bill and some of his friends. | 还要见我的男友比尔还有他的朋友们 |
[07:15] | From Facebook. | 在脸谱网上认识的 |
[07:16] | – Bye. – He’s adorable. | -再见 -他真讨人喜欢 |
[07:18] | – 0h. – He’s hot. If you don’t do him, I will. | -是吗 -太帅了 你如果不上他我就上了 |
[07:19] | – Okay. – Bye, Tommy. Nice to meet you. | -好吧 -再见汤米 很高兴认识你 |
[07:22] | – Have fun. – What was she whispering to you? | -玩得开心 -她悄悄对你说什么呢 |
[07:25] | Maybe I’ll tell you in Italy. | 也许到意大利我会告诉你 |
[07:29] | Do you think it means something | 我们都是左撇子 |
[07:31] | that we’re both left-handed? | 这意味着什么呢 |
[07:33] | We’d only need one pair of scissors | 这意味着如果我们搬到一起住 |
[07:36] | if we moved in together. | 只需要一把剪刀就行了 |
[07:38] | Isn’t it a little early to be talking about sharing scissors? | 现在说这个是不是早了点啊 |
[07:49] | Does it bother you that I’m not doing anything… | 我的生活庸庸碌碌 没做过什么很精彩的事 |
[07:55] | Amazing with my life? | 你是否觉得没意思呢 |
[07:57] | There’s plenty of time for that. | 来日方长嘛 |
[07:59] | Yeah. I don’t want to end up like my boss Cash, you know? | 我真不想最后像我的上司卡什那样 |
[08:02] | Like, almost 50, nothing to show for it but a bad marriage… | 快五十岁了什么都没有 除了一段糟糕的婚姻 |
[08:06] | And an awesome set of golf clubs. | 和一套漂亮的高尔夫球具 |
[08:09] | Yeah. My boss is 42 and she’s never been married or anything. | 是啊 我上司四十二岁了还没结过婚 |
[08:14] | I don’t think she’s ever even been in love. | 我觉得她甚至都没有爱过 |
[08:19] | Have you? | 你爱过吗 |
[08:24] | I thought so. | 以前以为爱过 |
[08:25] | But I think that when somebody turns out to be completely… | 但后来发现对方完全不是 |
[08:29] | different than what you thought, it doesn’t really count. | 你想象中的那个人 所以不能算了 |
[08:35] | What happened with your last girlfriend? | 你怎么会和前任女友分手的呢 |
[08:38] | Christie. | 克里斯蒂 |
[08:41] | It just wasn’t right. | 就因为不合适吧 |
[08:53] | You want to get that? | 要接吗 |
[09:01] | Yeah, no. | 算了不接了 |
[09:04] | Thought he stopped calling. | 还以为他不再打电话给你了 |
[09:06] | He did. He started again. | 是不打了 但最近又开始了 |
[09:12] | We all have a past, Beth. | 贝丝 人都有过去 |
[09:14] | It’s… it’s how you deal with it. | 懂得怎么了结就行 |
[09:23] | I just got off the phone with the people | 炮台公园那边在施工 |
[09:25] | on the Battery Park dig. | 我刚和施工人员通过电话 |
[09:26] | They uncovered an old wall that | 他们挖出一段古墙壁 |
[09:28] | I think could be from the original Dutch settlement here. | 我认为可能是早期荷兰定居者建的 |
[09:30] | Oh, my god. | 我的天哪 |
[09:32] | That’s amazing. | 太惊喜啦 |
[09:33] | Well, they’re not gonna see it that way… | 他们可不会这么想… |
[09:34] | Once they realize it’s gonna set their | 因为如果我们展开挖掘工作 |
[09:35] | construction back a few months while we excavate. | 他们的施工就得延后几个月 |
[09:38] | Oh, and Beth? | 还有 贝丝 |
[09:39] | This could be something worth presenting in Florence. | 这也许可以加进你在佛罗伦萨的报告中 |
[09:44] | What the fuck do you want me to do, Robert? | 罗伯特 你他妈倒底想让我怎么做 |
[09:46] | – I am here… – I gotta hop, this guy’s killing me. | -我在 -我得闪了 快被他烦死了 |
[09:48] | God, I love the mute button. | 静音键可真是个好东西 |
[09:50] | There are five other calls I can make here, Tommy. | 我可以打电话再找别人做 汤米 |
[09:52] | You gotta release me. | 你就放手吧 |
[09:53] | I understand that, Bobby. | 我明白 鲍比 |
[09:55] | Just give me one second, okay? | 再稍等一下 好吗 |
[09:56] | Hey, Shakes, this guy’s a really good client. | 老莎 这可是位好主顾 |
[09:59] | You can’t just put this up for me? | 你就不能帮我把这单做了吗 |
[10:00] | I don’t care if he’s the fucking pope. | 就算他是教皇我也不在乎 |
[10:02] | How do I know he’s not gonna fuck me over? | 谁知道他会不会又和我纠缠不清 |
[10:03] | I’m hanging up, Tommy. | 我要挂啦 汤米 |
[10:06] | Okay, one call. | 好吧 再让我打最后一个电话 |
[10:07] | Then you can go and let every other loser on Wall Street… | 如果还不行 你就找华尔街的其他笨蛋 |
[10:09] | Fuck this up for you, okay? | 去给你做吧 如何 |
[10:10] | Fine. But keep me on the wire and don’t fucking mute me. | 好吧 但要让我听着 别他妈对我用静音键 |
[10:13] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:14] | Baker, didn’t you say you had a big seller the other day? | 贝克 你那天不是说有个大卖主吗 |
[10:17] | Yeah, Pacific. We’re still in the penalty box with him. | 对 太平洋公司 可我们还在他们的惩罚期里 |
[10:19] | Okay, you know what? Give him to me. | 好的 不管了 把联系电话给我 |
[10:22] | Page five. | 第五页 |
[10:27] | You know you guys are still cut off, right? | 你们还处在我们的暂停交易期 对吧 |
[10:29] | Hey. This is actually Tom fielding. | 你好 我是汤姆 |
[10:30] | I run the sales desk over here. | 销售部的负责人 |
[10:32] | How you doing, Tom? John Caldwell. | 汤姆你好 我是约翰·卡德韦尔 |
[10:33] | I was calling to ask a yes or no question, all right? | 我只问个简短的问题 行吗 |
[10:36] | Fine. | 好的 |
[10:37] | Are you potentially interested | 你有没有兴趣 |
[10:39] | in trading Microsoft today, yes or no? | 出手微软的股票呢 |
[10:43] | Potentially. But not with you guys. | 有兴趣 不过不会和你们做 |
[10:45] | Bobby, this is gonna happen. | 鲍比 有戏了 |
[10:47] | Now, just FYI, | 那我想告诉你 |
[10:48] | I have a guy looking for a pretty big chunk. | 我有个买主想吃进一个大单 |
[10:50] | Maybe half a mil. | 也许五十万股 |
[10:52] | – Does that interest you? – Potentially. Sure. | -你有兴趣吗 -有点兴趣 当然 |
[10:56] | Unfortunately, John, I don’t have | 约翰 很可惜 |
[10:57] | the luxury of a lot of time here. | 我现在时间不多了 |
[10:59] | My guy’s real. | 此人诚意要买 |
[11:00] | He’s on the phone for one call. | 他此刻就在线上 等我打最后一个电话 |
[11:01] | And that’s you. Half a mil? | 于是我就打给你了 五十万股 |
[11:03] | On the wire, last print, in or out? | 现在就决定 最后的机会 做还是不做? |
[11:08] | Put it up. | 挂单吧 |
[11:09] | Great. Now, this is just me asking. | 很好 现在我再问一下 |
[11:12] | Would you be able to go larger? | 你能再多做一些吗 |
[11:13] | Hey, half a mil, trying to go bigger. | 喂 五十万 看能不能再做大点儿 |
[11:14] | – Are you trying to front run me? – No. | -你们是想在背后跟我玩时间差吗 -没有 |
[11:17] | You just gotta trust me, just a little bit, okay, John? | 约翰 你要给我一点信任 好吗 |
[11:22] | Two million. | 二百万吧 |
[11:23] | Could go to two million here. | 他可以做二百万 |
[11:25] | No, it’s not Bill Gates on the line. | 不 那头的可不是比尔·盖茨 |
[11:27] | He’s a mutual fund guy, just like you. | 他和你一样是做共同基金的 |
[11:29] | Well, he’s got a lot more hair and he’s a little better looking. | 只不过头发比你多长得比你帅点 |
[11:31] | Fine. Make it read two. | 好吧 那就二百万 |
[11:32] | Okay. Is two million your total picture? | 好的 那你最多可以做二百万是吗 |
[11:34] | Why? Is he trying to move more? | 怎么 难道他还想出手更多? |
[11:38] | Man, what’s he saying. Are we done here? Let’s go! | 他什么意思 就这样定了吗 那就做吧 |
[11:40] | Is he trying to move more? | 他是不是还想再做大一点啊 |
[11:45] | All right, gentlemen, | 好的 先生们 |
[11:46] | I’m on the phone with both you right now. | 我现在同时在跟你们两位说话 |
[11:48] | I think this ticket reads five million and we all walk away. | 如果能敲定五百万 我们就能成交了 |
[11:50] | That be on a cleanup? | 他是不是要拉盘 |
[11:51] | I knew he had more behind that. | 我就知道他手上还有 |
[11:53] | You’re a genius. Seriously, Bobby, | 你真是个天才 鲍比 说真的 |
[11:54] | Is this a cleanup for you? No bullshit. | 你是不是在拉盘 不许扯谎 |
[11:55] | Five million, | 五百万 |
[11:57] | I go home and fuck my Polish housekeeper twice. | 我要回家和我的波兰女佣连干两次 |
[11:59] | It’s a cleanup, John. | 他的确是要拉盘 约翰 |
[12:01] | Okay, fine. | 知道了 好的 |
[12:02] | Put it up. But, oh, Tom? | 挂单吧 不过 汤姆 |
[12:04] | You’ll still be in the box for a week, though. | 你们仍在我的黑名单里 惩罚期还有一周 |
[12:07] | Cross at five million, clean. | 五百万股 成交 |
[12:09] | See how far a little trust can get you? | 你们看一点点信任多有用 |
[12:13] | Another record down today on Wall Street today… | 华尔街股市又一次创纪录暴跌 |
[12:15] | With all major indexes… | 各大股指… |
[12:19] | The Bargello and Accademia are great, | 巴吉洛美术馆和学院美术馆都很棒 |
[12:21] | but skip the Uffizi. | 不过乌菲兹美术馆还是免了 |
[12:22] | What about those Botticellis? | 那些波提切利的画不好吗 |
[12:23] | And Michelangelo’s only oil painting? | 还有米开朗基罗的唯一一幅油画 |
[12:26] | There’s a reason he stopped after one. | 他只画了一幅就罢手自然是是有原因的 |
[12:27] | It’s just for tourists. | 那只是给游客看的 |
[12:29] | I am a tourist. | 我就是游客呀 |
[12:30] | Hi. | 你好 |
[12:32] | Is everything okay? | 出什么事了 |
[12:35] | Why? | 为什么 |
[12:37] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[12:38] | Funding constraints. The agency cut all international travel. | 经费紧张 署里砍掉了所有的国际差旅 |
[12:44] | So, what’s the good news? | 那么 好消息是什么呢 |
[12:50] | How would you like to be head of urban conservation? | 你愿意做城市保护部门的负责人吗 |
[12:53] | – You’re quitting? – Not here. | -你要辞职吗 -不是这儿 |
[12:56] | In San Francisco. | 是去旧金山 |
[13:09] | Hey. Where were you? | 你好 在哪呢 |
[13:11] | I’m sorry. I just changed now and I’m on the way. | 对不起 我刚换好衣服上路呢 |
[13:14] | – Are you still up? – It’s 10:00. | -你没睡吧 -十点了啊 |
[13:16] | What happened? | 出什么事啦 |
[13:17] | If I have to listen to one more hedge fund douche bag… | 今天一个搞对冲基金的家伙 |
[13:19] | Talk to me about private jet timeshares, | 对我大谈私人飞机分时共享的事 |
[13:21] | I swear to God I’m gonna shoot myself in the face. | 再听这种人说下去我非饮弹自尽不可 |
[13:23] | Yeah, well, my trip got canceled today. | 哦 我去意大利的行程今天被取消了 |
[13:28] | Grab your stuff and meet me downstairs. | 拿好你的东西 楼下见 |
[13:29] | Huh? | 什么 |
[13:30] | – Grab your stuff. – Where are we going? | -带上你的东西吧 -我们要上哪呢 |
[13:33] | Don’t worry about it. | 这你不用管 |
[13:37] | All right. Step out. | 好 下车吧 |
[13:40] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:41] | And one big step up. | 迈一大步 上台阶了 |
[13:44] | Right there. I’m gonna take this off you. | 站这儿 我替你把布解下来 |
[13:46] | You gotta keep your eyes closed, okay? | 不过你要闭着眼哦 好吗 |
[13:48] | Are you sure we’re still in the city? | 你确定我们还在城里吗 |
[13:49] | Yeah, just… just… | 是啊 只不过… |
[13:52] | – Here. – Here we go. | -这边 -好了 |
[13:53] | – Great. – Eyes closed. | -很好 -闭着眼睛哦 |
[13:55] | I’ll be keeping an eye on you. | 我盯着你呢 |
[14:05] | No peeking. | 不许偷看 |
[14:06] | I’m not. | 我没有嘛 |
[14:07] | – I saw that. – What? | -我看见了 -什么嘛 |
[14:09] | You peek again, I’m gonna take you home. | 你再偷看我就带你回去了 |
[14:16] | – Keep them closed. – Okay. | -闭着眼睛 -好好 |
[14:19] | Almost there. | 快到了 |
[14:20] | All right, turn this way. | 好 转过来 |
[14:22] | Now, open your eyes. | 现在可以睁眼啦 |
[14:25] | Oh, my god. Where are we? | 天哪 这是哪儿 |
[14:28] | It’s as close to Tuscany as I could get in Manhattan. | 这是曼哈顿最有北意大利风情的地方了 |
[14:32] | Come on. Come on, this way. | 过来 来这边 |
[14:34] | It gets better. | 这里更美 |
[14:37] | – Come on. – This is so beautiful. | -来吧 -这里太美啦 |
[14:46] | How did you find this place? | 你是怎么找到这里的 |
[14:49] | You know. I gotta keep some surprises. | 我总得保留几个惊喜给你 |
[14:58] | I’m sorry your trip got canceled. | 你的行程被取消了 我觉得好遗憾 |
[15:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢关心 |
[15:05] | One more surprise. | 再给你一个惊喜 |
[15:15] | May I have this dance? | 我能请你跳这支舞吗 |
[15:17] | Yes. | 可以 |
[15:41] | Wait. | 等等 |
[15:43] | I think I have something. | 有样东西我应该带了 |
[15:54] | I just didn’t wanna be one of those girls… | 我只是不想成为那种女生 |
[15:56] | Who sleeps with a lot of guys. | 像公共汽车似的 |
[15:59] | I don’t want you to sleep with a lot of guys. | 我可不想让你做公共汽车 |
[16:04] | Right. | 好吧 |
[16:07] | I’ll do it. | 我来吧 |
[16:10] | – Other way. – Oh, sorry. | -弄错地方了 -啊 对不起 |
[16:19] | Okay. | 好了 |
[16:31] | Yeah, Frank, you are all done for the day. | 对 弗兰克 你的单子全都做掉了 |
[16:35] | No, thank you. | 不用 谢谢你 |
[16:37] | That is 100,000 CRMs to Williams for the day. | 终于全部搞定了 |
[16:40] | And Shakespeare, | 老莎 |
[16:42] | Have I ever told you how handsome you are? | 我有说过你有多帅吗 |
[16:45] | Somebody’s in a good mood today. | 有人今天春风得意啊 |
[16:46] | – Tom. – Yep? | -汤姆 -讲 |
[16:47] | Got a second? | 有空吗 |
[17:07] | So, what’s up? | 说吧 什么事 |
[17:11] | I got an offer from another firm. | 我被另一家公司相中了 |
[17:15] | About twice what I’m making here. | 薪水大概是这里的两倍 |
[17:19] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[17:21] | I mean, I’d hate to lose you, but | 我是说 我不希望你离开 |
[17:23] | if I go to Cash with this, | 但如果我现在去跟卡什说这件事 |
[17:24] | especially right now, the way things are, | 尤其是现在 这种情况下 |
[17:26] | he might agree to a little kiss, but a double? | 他可能会同意给你加点薪 可要说翻倍么 |
[17:29] | No way. | 没门的 |
[17:31] | I know, I figured. | 知道 这我想过的 |
[17:33] | All right, look. | 好吧 这样吧 |
[17:36] | You gotta do what’s right for you. | 你觉得怎么好就怎么做 |
[17:38] | Are you thinking about taking it? | 你打算答应那边吗 |
[17:43] | You already did. | 看来你已经答应了 |
[17:47] | Well, man, what can I say? It’s been a great run. | 伙计 我还能说什么呢 和你共事非常愉快 |
[17:49] | It’s gonna be tough to replace you. | 要找人替换你真的很难 |
[18:09] | I like that a lot. | 我很喜欢那个啊 |
[18:11] | Listen, I gotta go, okay? | 听我说 我得走了 好吗 |
[18:14] | No, you hang up first. | 不嘛 你先挂 |
[18:16] | No, you hang up. | 不嘛 你挂嘛 |
[18:18] | Twenty-one-year-old physical therapist. | 21岁的理疗师 |
[18:21] | Thousand bucks a month | 在上东区的工作室 |
[18:22] | for a studio on the upper east side. | 一个月赚一千块 |
[18:24] | – A home run. – Sounds like it. | -直上本垒 -听出来了 |
[18:26] | You gotta see her. She’s so fucking hot. | 你可得见见她 真他妈性感 |
[18:29] | You should invite her to your place | 年中聚餐的时候 |
[18:30] | for the mid-year dinner. | 你应该请她去你家 |
[18:31] | Yeah. She can sit right next to my wife. | 对 她还可以坐在我老婆旁边 |
[18:33] | Can you imagine? | 那将是何种情景 |
[18:36] | Who you bringing, hotshot? | 你会带谁来呢 高手 |
[18:37] | That Christie girl still in the picture? | 还是那个叫克里斯蒂妞吗 |
[18:39] | No. Beth. You met her at the golf event. | 不 我带贝丝去 打高尔夫球时你见过的 |
[18:41] | – Oh, yeah. – Yeah. | -哦 对 -对 |
[18:42] | That brunette who wouldn’t fuck you. | 就是那个不操你的棕发女 |
[18:46] | Listen, can I just talk to you | 这样 能去你办公室 |
[18:47] | at the desk, just for a second? | 跟你谈点正事吗 就一会儿 |
[18:50] | So, she did fuck you. | 看来她已经操过你了 |
[18:52] | How long was that woman, like, two months or something? | 你认识那女的多久了 两个月还是多久 |
[18:55] | Jesus, that girl was your sexual Vietnam. | 天哪 上她你简直像打了场越战 |
[18:57] | Not saying a word. | 无可奉告 |
[19:01] | And so you just let him walk out. | 那你就让他这么走了 |
[19:03] | He’s your top guy for two years. | 两年来他是你最得力的干将 |
[19:07] | He already took the job. He didn’t want to make a scene. | 他已经答应那边了 他不想弄得满城风雨 |
[19:09] | Well, there’s gonna be a big fucking scene tomorrow, | 明天当我们20个最大的客户打电话过来 |
[19:11] | when 20 of our biggest accounts call and | 这边却没人接电话 |
[19:12] | no one’s answering the fucking phone. | 那可真他妈的要满城风雨了 |
[19:13] | We’ll hire someone else. | 我们可以再招人 |
[19:14] | That will take weeks. | 那得花好几周时间 |
[19:19] | Why the fuck didn’t you let me talk to him? | 你他妈的怎么就不让我来跟他说 |
[19:21] | I could convince that fucking cocksucker to stay. | 我可以说服这狗日的留下 |
[19:23] | They guaranteed him two million a year for two years, | 他们许给他年薪两百万 签两年 |
[19:25] | – Plus upside. – How much are we paying him? | -外加花红 -那我们现在付他多少 |
[19:27] | Seven fifty this year… A buck, tops. | 今年75万 全包括了 |
[19:31] | Yeah, okay, we were too low. | 好吧 我们给的是低点 |
[19:35] | All right, mister head of sales, | 好吧 销售主管先生 |
[19:36] | what’s your contingency plan? | 您的应急方案是什么 |
[19:37] | I’m sure you have one. | 我知道你肯定有 |
[19:40] | I think Daniel can step up. | 我觉得丹尼尔可以顶上来 |
[19:45] | Are you out of your fucking mind? | 你说的哪门子疯话啊 |
[19:48] | That guy couldn’t sell vagina on a pirate ship. | 让那小子在海盗船上拉皮条他都不行 |
[19:50] | – He’s smart, he’s honest. – He’s too fucking honest. | -他很聪明 诚实 -他娘的诚实过头了 |
[19:52] | He’s a fucking retarded boy scout. | 他就是个痴呆傻的童子军 |
[19:54] | That is what exactly what you said about Shakespeare. | 你当时也是这样说老莎的 |
[19:57] | – Tommy. – It’s exactly… | -汤米 -你也是… |
[19:57] | – Tommy, Tommy… – what you said about Chris Baker. | -汤米 汤米 -这样说克里斯·贝克的 |
[19:58] | Tommy, Tommy, Tommy, tommy, Tommy, Tommy… | 汤米 汤米 汤米 汤米 汤米 汤米 |
[20:04] | Why are guys like us good at our job? | 为什么我们这种人做得来这一行 |
[20:07] | Because people like us. | 就是因为有人喜欢咱们 |
[20:08] | We take them out, they have a good time. | 我们请他们出去吃喝玩乐 |
[20:10] | They might even meet a real, live girl. | 甚至还有活生生的小妞陪他们玩 |
[20:11] | Daniel is a lovely fellow. | 丹尼尔是很可爱 |
[20:13] | He’s as much fun as chlamydia. | 他就像衣原体感染一样解闷 |
[20:15] | I’m telling you this will work. | 让他干一定行的 |
[20:18] | Let me remind you the value we place on | 我想提醒一下你 在摩根兄弟 |
[20:20] | human capital here at Morgan Brothers. | 人力资本具有重要价值 |
[20:22] | – Your future… – I understand. | -你的前途… -我明白 |
[20:23] | Your future depends | 你的前途就取决于 |
[20:26] | on the depth and the quality of the team that you build. | 你所带团队的根基深浅以及质量如何 |
[20:30] | Now, in light of that, | 鉴于此 |
[20:33] | I’ll ask you once. | 我再问你一遍 |
[20:36] | Is Daniel your guy? | 丹尼尔是你需要的人吗 |
[20:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:47] | Great. | 好吧 |
[20:51] | I’m telling you, this chick I’m banging in HR… | 我告诉你 人事部一个跟我上床的妞 |
[20:53] | Said that he was discharged early from the air force. | 说他被空军提前遣散了 |
[20:55] | And they sealed his file. | 他们还封了他的档案 |
[20:57] | Yes. | 漂亮 |
[20:59] | Look, all I’m saying is | 听着 我只是想说 |
[21:00] | We need someone to fill Baker’s spot immediately. | 我们要马上找个人来填贝克的空缺 |
[21:02] | And if we let Cash pick one of his guys, | 而如果我们让卡什找个他的嫡系过来 |
[21:06] | We’re all gonna be watching our asses. | 以后可就有我们好受了 |
[21:08] | I’m just not buying this nice guy act, all right? | 可我就不信这小子真是个乖乖仔 |
[21:10] | Nobody joins the military, much less Wall Street, | 凡是去军队混的 基本都会有些阴暗面 |
[21:13] | Without having, you know, some kind of a dark side. | 来混华尔街的那就更是如此了 |
[21:16] | You’re right, Wall Street is no | 你说得对 对于一个有志向的白种人 |
[21:17] | place for an ambitious white male. | 华尔街可不是他该来的地方 |
[21:19] | Of questionable integrity. | 此有志白人的诚信令人怀疑 |
[21:21] | Well, I think it’s gonna be great. | 我觉得这样不错啊 |
[21:22] | Yeah, of course you do, Stephens. | 那是 你当然觉得不错啊 史蒂文斯 |
[21:24] | Finally, someone on the desk that gets less ass than you. | 部门里终于有个人比你干过的女人更少了 |
[21:27] | All right, that settles it. | 好吧 那我决定了 |
[21:28] | I’m leaving my wife of ten years… | 我要离开我结婚十年的老婆 |
[21:30] | And I’m moving in on Steve-O’s couch. | 然后搬去和史蒂夫一起住 |
[21:33] | Who said you could have my couch? | 谁说你能搬来和我住 |
[21:34] | Did you say ten years? | 你刚才说十年了 |
[21:35] | You get married when you were, like, 24? | 那你差不多是24岁结的婚吗 |
[21:37] | Yeah, I met her when I was 22. I got married at 24. | 对 我22岁认识她 24岁结婚 |
[21:39] | – Christ on a bun. – You know, it’s just different. | -天啊 -人生各有不同罢了 |
[21:42] | – I’m sure I’ll be there soon enough. – Yeah. | -我敢说我也差不多了 -是啊 |
[21:44] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉 我来晚了 |
[21:46] | We’re doing this whole system upgrade. | 我们刚才在给整个系统升级什么的 |
[21:48] | And we can only reset the servers after you guys leave. | 我们只能在大家走后重启服务器 |
[21:51] | Plus the new software rollout is taking forever. | 另外 运行新软件要花很长时间 |
[21:55] | Right. Daniel, | 好的 丹尼尔 |
[21:55] | you know Chris Baker’s no longer with the firm, right? | 克里斯·贝克离开公司了 你知道吧 |
[21:58] | Yeah, I heard. | 对 我听说了 |
[22:01] | – That sucks. – Yeah, it does. | -好可惜 -对 确实 |
[22:04] | We’ve been talking. | 我们一直在说这事 |
[22:06] | And we thought that… | 我们觉得… |
[22:08] | You’d be the right guy to step into his spot. | 你是接替他的合适人选 |
[22:10] | Starting immediately. | 马上就开始 |
[22:11] | Wow. | 这样哦 |
[22:12] | Yeah, wow. | 对啊 这样咧 |
[22:15] | He’s got a lot of big accounts, though. | 可是他手上有很多的大客户啊 |
[22:17] | Don’t worry. We’ll split them up. | 别担心 我们会分一部分出来的 |
[22:18] | This is a bit of a sink-or-swim business, mate | 做这行成败全看你自己 哥们 |
[22:20] | Opportunities like this, they don’t come knocking often. | 这样的机会也不会天天送上门来的 |
[22:22] | Yeah. | 对 |
[22:24] | Look, I mean, we’ll all be there to help you out… | 你看 在你站稳脚跟之前 |
[22:26] | till you get your legs under you. | 我们都会帮你的 |
[22:27] | You’re gonna be an old pro in no time. | 你很快就会成为老手的 |
[22:29] | – All right. – We got you. | -好的 -有我们做后盾 |
[22:30] | Thanks, Tommy. | 谢谢你 汤米 |
[22:32] | I’m not gonna let you guys down. | 我不会让你们失望的 |
[22:33] | Good. | 很好 |
[22:34] | Sorry, guys, couldn’t resist. | 不好意思 我等不及咯 |
[22:36] | Here. Don’t worry about it, drink it. | 来 别担心 干了它 |
[22:38] | No, no, I fucking hate tequila, tommy. | 不行不行 我喝不了龙舌兰 汤米 |
[22:41] | – This is the good stuff. – Hey, do you have any lime? | -这可是好东西 -你们有青柠吗 |
[22:43] | Doesn’t even taste like tequila. | 喝起来根本不像龙舌兰 |
[22:44] | Cheers to Daniel. | 为丹尼尔干杯 |
[22:46] | – All right. – Welcome on board. | -好 -欢迎加入 |
[22:50] | That fucking tastes like tequila. | 喝起来就他妈是龙舌兰 |
[22:52] | Tastes like honey. | 真是甘美无比啊 |
[22:53] | I’m just saying that if I were black, | 我是说如果我是黑人 |
[22:55] | I’d just want to be called black. | 我就愿意被叫作黑人 |
[22:57] | You know? It just sounds so cool. | 对吗 听起来好酷 |
[22:59] | Why would you say that? | 干嘛这么说 |
[23:00] | African-American just sounds awkward and lame. | “非洲裔美国人”听起来真别扭 |
[23:02] | – Why would you say that? – It’s okay. | -你干嘛这么说 -没事 |
[23:04] | I’m allowed to speculate about how I might feel. | 我想看看那是什么感受 这总可以吧 |
[23:06] | I’m also ethnic. | 我也是有色人种 |
[23:07] | I mean, do you really prefer | 我的意思是 你真的愿意 |
[23:10] | to be called African-American? | 被称为”非洲裔美国人”吗 |
[23:11] | You mean despite the fact that I’m neither of those? | 其实我两者都不是 还要我说吗 |
[23:13] | – Right. – Okay. | -对 -好吧 |
[23:15] | Okay, so in England, what do they call a black… | 那么在英国 他们怎么称呼一个黑… |
[23:18] | Englishman. | 英国人 |
[23:20] | Who are you bringing to Cash’s mid-year dinner? | 你要带谁去参加卡什的年中聚餐 |
[23:22] | – Who am I bringing? – Yeah. | -我吗 -对 |
[23:24] | I didn’t know I was supposed to bring a date. | 我都不知道那天还要带女伴去 |
[23:26] | I didn’t even know I was supposed to go. | 我甚至不知道我也要去啊 |
[23:28] | Okay. Saturday. Homework. | 好的 周六搞定它 这是作业 |
[23:31] | Tomorrow. You guys, me. I gotta go. | 明天见 诸位 我得走了 |
[23:34] | Hey. Dust someone off. | 嘿 老相好带一个来就行 |
[23:35] | It doesn’t have to be anything special. | 不用搞得太特殊 |
[23:37] | Ladies. | 小姐们 |
[23:37] | – Any chance, ladies? – So, where are we gonna go now? | -能赏个脸吗 小姐们 -我们现在去哪 |
[23:39] | Any, any chance, whatsoever. | 赏个脸好吗 随便吧 |
[23:41] | I don’t know, okay? But it’s Tuesday. | 我不知道 今天是周二 |
[23:44] | – I can’t stay out past 3. – We have got to go. | -我不能晚于3点回家 -走啦 |
[23:45] | 84th and 5th, please. | 84号街和第五大道路口 |
[23:52] | Hey. How’s it going with the new guy? | 喂 你们的新人怎么样 |
[23:54] | He’s fine. | 他很好 |
[23:55] | Just he’s one of those lost souls that kind of | 只不过他是那种有点失魂落魄的家伙 |
[23:58] | dropped off the grid for a little bit to find himself. | 有些自我封闭而迷失方向了 |
[24:01] | I’m not so sure it worked. | 我也不知道行不行得通 |
[24:03] | Why do you want to hire him, then? | 那你为什么还要用他 |
[24:04] | No, I mean, he’s smart. | 不是啊 他很聪明 |
[24:05] | And he’s a fucking computer genius. | 而且还是个电脑奇才 |
[24:07] | I mean, maybe all those stupid army | 那些军队培训人才的破广告 |
[24:08] | training commercials were true. | 看来还不是蒙人的 |
[24:10] | Hey, so, you coming over? | 那你要过来吗 |
[24:11] | I wish I could. I just… | 我倒是想过去 可是… |
[24:14] | I gotta get up early tomorrow to cover for Chris Baker. | 明天还得早起 去接替克里斯·贝克的工作 |
[24:17] | I’ll call you tomorrow, though, I promise. Okay? | 我明天会打电话给你的 我保证 好吗 |
[24:20] | – Okay. – Good night. | -好 -晚安 |
[24:25] | 《美国建筑与历史旅游指南 — 旧金山》 | |
[24:44] | Would you please stop checking on me? | 拜托你别老打电话监督我了 |
[24:45] | Have you even talked to anybody yet? | 你跟某个妞搭上话了吗 |
[24:47] | I feel like a total perv. | 我怎么觉得自己像个变态似的 |
[24:48] | The last girl I talked to was in the prenatal care section. | 我上次跟女生搭话还是在医院产前护理科 |
[24:51] | Hey. Bookstore was your idea. | 喂 去书店是你自己的主意 |
[24:54] | I know. It’s just… | 我知道 只是… |
[24:56] | Not everyone is good at this stuff. | 不是谁都擅长做这种事 |
[24:58] | Daniel. You are a great guy. | 听着丹尼尔 你真的很不错 |
[25:01] | Okay? | 知道吗 |
[25:03] | Any woman in this city would be lucky | 如果能和你这样的家伙说上话 |
[25:05] | to talk to a guy like you. | 那是这些女人的荣幸 |
[25:07] | Oh, my god. | 噢 天哪 |
[25:09] | You should see this girl who just got in the line. | 你该看看刚来排队的这个女孩 |
[25:11] | There you go. | 那你就上吧 |
[25:12] | – Now go talk to her. – I can’t. | -现在上前去搭讪 -不行 |
[25:14] | What do I say? I don’t know. | 我要说什么 我不知道 |
[25:17] | It’ll come to you. Just move before | 自然而然就说出来了 快点过去 |
[25:19] | someone else gets in line in front of you. | 免得有人排在你前面了 |
[25:26] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[25:34] | Where in Italy are you going? | 你要去意大利的哪里呀 |
[25:38] | Oh. I’m not. | 哦 我没要去 |
[25:41] | I’m just returning this. | 我只是来退书的 |
[25:45] | That’s too bad. It’s amazing there. | 太可惜了 意大利很美的 |
[25:49] | Yeah. My trip there just got canceled, | 的确 我去意大利的行程被取消了 |
[25:52] | So that’s not really what I need to hear, but…yeah. | 所以这并非我想听到的 可是…的确 |
[25:59] | Did I say amazing? I meant awful. | 我刚才说很美吗 其实我是想说很糟 |
[26:02] | Full of Italians. | 到处都是意大利人 |
[26:04] | Does that help at all? | 这样说你会不会好受点 |
[26:07] | Not really. | 没觉得 |
[26:09] | Well, you know what, you should keep it… | 嗯 你知道吗 书还是别退了吧 |
[26:11] | And put it in a place where you’ll see it all the time, | 放在一个你总能看到的地方 |
[26:14] | And that way you’ll always be reminded… | 这样你就能一直提醒自己 |
[26:17] | about how much you want to go. | 你是多么想去那里 |
[26:21] | That might be the worst idea I’ve ever heard. | 这可能是我听过的最烂的主意了 |
[26:25] | Yeah, but you know you’d end up going. | 对 但你知道你以后还是会去的 |
[26:27] | I mean, you know what they say it? | 你知道他们是怎么说的吗 |
[26:28] | If you forget your dreams, it’s like they never existed. | 如果你忘却梦想 就等于从未有过梦想 |
[26:33] | Who says that? | 这是谁说的 |
[26:38] | Nobody. I just made that up. | 没谁 我现编的 |
[26:41] | But it’s true. | 但确实如此 |
[26:44] | Next. | 下一位 |
[26:47] | You go ahead. I think I might keep it, actually. | 你去吧 我想这书我还是不退了 |
[26:51] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[26:54] | Next in line, please. | 下一位请上前来 |
[26:57] | Do you think we would… | 你觉得我们还能… |
[27:01] | Sir, can I help you? | 先生 有什么需要吗 |
[27:04] | Oh, I need a book. | 哦 我忘了拿本书 |
[27:12] | So, question is | 我的问题是 |
[27:14] | which one of the three women did he hire? | 那三个女人他最后雇用了哪个 |
[27:16] | The one who redecorated the office. | 帮他重新装饰办公室的那个 |
[27:18] | Wrong. | 错 |
[27:20] | The one who doubled their sales. | 让他们的销售额翻番那个 |
[27:21] | Nope. Daniel? | 不对 丹尼尔你猜哪个 |
[27:23] | Then the one who loves children. | 那就是喜欢小孩那个了 |
[27:25] | No. | 还是不对 |
[27:27] | The one with the biggest tits. | 是咪咪最大的那个 |
[27:33] | That must be how Larry got the job. | 莱瑞肯定是这么找到工作的 |
[27:35] | One look at these man-boobs and I was in, huh? | 只要看看我的男人咪咪 我就被选中了 对吧 |
[27:42] | Hey, Daniel, you got any jokes? | 丹尼尔 你也来个笑话吧 |
[27:44] | Yeah, let’s hear from the new guy. | 对 我们来听听新人的笑话 |
[27:45] | Oh, I can never remember any jokes. | 哦 我从来都不会说笑话 |
[27:47] | Oh, come on. You gotta know at least one. | 少来了 你起码会讲一个吧 |
[27:50] | Yeah, come on, Daniel. | 是啊 来一个吧 丹尼尔 |
[27:51] | Well, I guess I can think of one. | 嗯 我想起来一个 |
[27:55] | But it’s so stupid. | 不过这个太傻气了 |
[27:57] | Come on, go ahead, tell it. | 得啦 快说吧 |
[28:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:07] | What do you call a fish with two knees? | 长了两个膝盖的鱼叫什么 |
[28:09] | I don’t know. What? | 不知道 叫什么 |
[28:11] | A two-knee fish. | 双膝鱼 |
[28:16] | Like tuna, but… | 发音就像金枪鱼 但是… |
[28:18] | You have to think about it. | 你得想一想 |
[28:22] | That’s a… that’s a classic. | 这个…这是个经典笑话 |
[28:25] | – That’s actually pretty good. – That one, yeah. | -还是很不错的 -没错 |
[28:27] | Uh, where we going tonight? | 我们今晚上哪消遣 |
[28:28] | Should we just hit the usual petting zoo? | 还像往常一样去有姑娘的夜店如何 |
[28:30] | No. No strip clubs tonight. | 不 今晚不去脱衣舞俱乐部了 |
[28:32] | Let’s meet some civilians. | 我们见见良家女子吧 |
[28:34] | Yeah. Hey, hey, Daniel? | 对 嘿 丹尼尔 |
[28:35] | You know any girls who’ll meet us out? | 你认识什么女孩能叫出来一起玩吗 |
[28:37] | Yeah, who you got on speed dial? | 是啊 存在你手机快拨键上的 |
[28:39] | I don’t know a lot of women I can just call up like that. | 这样能叫出来玩的女孩我不认识几个 |
[28:42] | Well, okay. Where’s the hot spot? | 那好吧 那你有什么好去处 |
[28:44] | You know, Wednesday nights. | 周三晚上你都去哪儿 |
[28:47] | Wednesday? | 周三? |
[28:49] | I don’t really go out much on Wednesdays. | 周三我都不怎么出去 |
[28:52] | Anymore. | 好久不了 |
[28:54] | -Anymore. This guy… -Anymore. | -好久不了 这家伙… -好久不了 |
[29:12] | – Nut? – I’m okay. | -来点开心果? -不用了 |
[29:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:21] | Pick up the phone, say hello. | 拿起电话 说你好 |
[29:26] | Go ahead, pick it up. | 来啊 拿起来 |
[29:27] | There’s no one there. | 线上没人啊 |
[29:29] | Humor me. | 给个面子 |
[29:35] | – Hello? – Good. | -你好 -很好 |
[29:37] | Hang it up and do it again. | 挂了 再来一遍 |
[29:43] | – Hello. – Very nice. | -你好 -真棒 |
[29:45] | Pretty easy, huh? Really fucking easy. | 很简单对吧 真他妈简单 |
[29:47] | But I don’t pay my salesmen millions of dollars | 我给销售员发百万的薪水 |
[29:48] | to answer the phone. | 可不是让他们接电话的 |
[29:50] | I pay them to make it ring. | 而是让他们使客户的电话打进来 |
[29:55] | Billy Simmons called today. | 比利·西蒙斯今天打电话来了 |
[29:58] | He doesn’t want Daniel to cover them. | 他不想让丹尼尔负责做他们的单子 |
[30:00] | Any idea why? | 知道为什么吗 |
[30:02] | They’re very different people. | 他们毛病很多 |
[30:05] | You are on… sit the fuck down. | 你… 坐吧 |
[30:09] | You are only going to bat for that guy. | 你会拉这小子一把 只是因为 |
[30:11] | because you know that you will own him. | 你知道他将来是个受你支配的人 |
[30:14] | You can fool everybody else, Tom, but you can’t fool me. | 汤姆 你骗的了别人 可糊弄不了我 |
[30:18] | He’s the type of guy I want on my team. | 我的团队里正需要他这种人 |
[30:20] | – He’s honest, loyal… – Like Chris Baker? | -他忠厚老实… -就像克里斯·贝克? |
[30:24] | Make no mistake, | 不要搞错 |
[30:25] | Daniel will throw you under a fucking bus… | 丹尼尔一旦有机会… |
[30:27] | The first day he gets a chance. | 就会把你拖下水 |
[30:29] | This is not sleep away camp, Tommy. | 你们可不是来这儿打盹的 汤米 |
[30:31] | Your job is to make me rich. Period. | 你的工作就是给我挣钱 就这样 |
[30:34] | Now, however you’re gonna | 现在 不管你用什么办法 |
[30:35] | get that guy a fucking personality, | 改造这个人的性格 |
[30:37] | You better do it fast, or I’m gonna fire his Rain Man ass… | 你最好动作快点 不然我就会炒了这个白痴 |
[30:39] | And get somebody in there who does want to take your job. | 然后找个盯着你的位子的人进来 |
[30:54] | Yeah. Yeah, I’m sorry. I just… I crashed last night. | 嗯 抱歉 我…昨晚我崩溃了 |
[30:57] | Cash is killing me about Daniel. | 为丹尼尔的事 卡什都快把我杀了 |
[30:59] | Really? What’s wrong with him? | 是吗 他怎么了 |
[31:01] | He’s like Forrest fucking Gump. | 他就像他妈的阿甘一样 |
[31:03] | Without the people skills. | 不懂如何与人打交道 |
[31:05] | I’m heading to SOHO right now to work on him. | 我现在去他那儿改造他 |
[31:07] | I thought we were gonna spend the day in the park. | 不是说一起在公园玩一天吗 |
[31:09] | Beth, please. | 贝丝 理解一下 |
[31:11] | I’m being pulled in a ton of different directions right now. | 我现在忙的是千头万绪 |
[31:12] | Fine. But I need to be a priority too sometimes. | 那好吧 不过有时你也得优先考虑我 |
[31:17] | I’ll call you later, I promise. | 待会打给你 我保证 |
[31:22] | Doesn’t matter what you talk about at first, | 一开始谈论的内容并不重要 |
[31:24] | Just show the woman | 只要让她觉得 |
[31:25] | that you are passionate about something. | 你对某些事情很有激情就行 |
[31:27] | Like what? | 比如? |
[31:29] | It’s your life. You tell me. | 这是你的生活 你说说看 |
[31:31] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[31:34] | Okay. You like to read, right? | 你喜欢读书 对吧 |
[31:35] | – Yeah. – What do you love to read? | -嗯 -你喜欢读什么书呢 |
[31:39] | Dickens, Tolstoy. | 狄更斯 托尔斯泰 |
[31:42] | – I like Austen, Jane Austen. – Okay, classics. | -我喜欢奥斯汀 简·奥斯汀 -很好 经典名著 |
[31:44] | Might be a little brainy to start out with. | 这有点儿让人费脑筋 |
[31:47] | So let’s see, what else? | 再想想 还有什么 |
[31:50] | I can give you the flight specs | 我可以说出从1950年至今 |
[31:52] | for every domestic aircraft since 1950. | 所有国内飞机型号的规格数据 |
[31:58] | Classics. Let’s talk more about those. | 我们还是再说说经典名著吧 |
[32:00] | Talk about books she might like. | 要谈谈她可能喜欢的书籍 |
[32:02] | But be careful, ’cause you can’t act, look, | 不过要注意 你的举止和外表以及谈吐 |
[32:04] | and talk all like the same guy. | 不能表现得像同一个人 |
[32:06] | You gotta mix it up. | 要糅合起来 |
[32:07] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[32:09] | Just if you were a surfer, | 就是说 如果你是个冲浪者的话 |
[32:10] | be a surfer who likes to read. | 就要是个喜欢读书的冲浪者 |
[32:12] | If you’re a dork, be a dork who likes to salsa dance. | 你是个傻子的话 就要是爱跳莎莎舞的傻子 |
[32:14] | You know? Just… | 知道吗 就是说… |
[32:15] | If you act boring and you look boring, | 如果你的行为无趣 而你看上去也很无趣 |
[32:16] | Guess what? | 那会怎样? |
[32:17] | You’re boring. What are you doing? | 那只能说明你这人真的很无趣 你干嘛呢 |
[32:20] | Tommy, this sounds ridiculous. | 汤米 这听起来很荒唐 |
[32:21] | It’s totally fucking ridiculous, you know? | 的确非常荒唐 |
[32:23] | I’m not telling you the way things should be. | 我不是在告诉你事情应该怎样 |
[32:25] | I’m telling you how they are. | 而是在告诉你现实如何 |
[32:26] | And unfortunately, a woman, within three seconds, | 不幸的是 一位女人在三秒之内 |
[32:28] | is gonna notice whether your shoes match your pants | 就能注意到你的鞋和裤子配不配 |
[32:31] | or your shirt’s buttoned up too high | 或者你的T恤钮扣是否扣的太高 |
[32:32] | or it’s tucked in when it shouldn’t be | 或是上衣是否不合时宜地塞进裤子里 |
[32:34] | or you have a cell phone attached to your woven belt. | 还能注意到你的手机是不是挂在皮带上 |
[32:37] | This is… look, when you were overseas, | 这真是…你在海外时 |
[32:39] | didn’t you find any, like, really cool clothes? | 就没发现什么比较酷的衣服吗 |
[32:42] | You want me to wear a sarong to work? | 你想让我穿个马来围裙去上班吗 |
[32:45] | Look, I can’t stand guys that try to | 我就看不惯一个大男人 |
[32:46] | make a statement with what they wear. | 要靠穿衣打扮来表现自我 |
[32:48] | – It’s not me. – Daniel. | -那不是我 -丹尼尔 |
[32:50] | I’m not trying to turn you into some | 我不是要把你变成 |
[32:52] | big city, man cougar prick like Cash or any of those guys. | 卡什那样的大都市花花老男人 |
[32:56] | All I’m saying is, unfortunately, | 我是说 很不幸 |
[32:58] | what you wear does make a statement to women, | 穿着确实会决定你给女士留下的印象如何 |
[32:59] | And your statement right now is, | 而你现在的样子留给她们的印象 |
[33:03] | “Hi. Welcome to Blockbuster”. | 活像个音像出租店的伙计 |
[33:05] | We’re going in here. | 进去看看 |
[33:14] | Can you help this guy out? | 你能帮他看看穿什么好吗 |
[33:15] | What did you have in mind | 对这位穿戴不怎么入时的小伙子 |
[33:18] | for little Tommy Hilfiger here? | 您的设想是什么呢 |
[33:21] | Just something he can wear out in public. | 能让他穿出去见人的就行 |
[33:22] | I’m right here, guys. | 我就在这儿呢 |
[33:24] | I can hear what you’re saying. | 听得见你们说什么 |
[33:26] | Maybe something casual sexy. | 或许来点比较休闲性感的 |
[33:28] | – Sounds about right. – How sexy? | -听着不错 -要多性感呢 |
[33:34] | Medium. | 中度性感吧 |
[33:36] | Or small sexy. | 或者小小性感就行吧 |
[33:39] | Tommy, you didn’t have to pay for this. | 汤米 没必要帮我付账 |
[33:40] | No, it’s worth it. | 不 这么做值得 |
[33:42] | I forgot my clothes. | 我衣服忘拿了 |
[33:44] | – Yeah. Leave them. – Yeah, but those are Banana Republic. | -不要了 -那可是’香蕉共和国’牌子的 |
[33:46] | Exactly. | 确实 |
[33:53] | You still haven’t Told tommy about San Francisco? | 你还没告诉汤米旧金山的事吗 |
[33:56] | Fuck. | 靠 |
[33:57] | I keep putting it off. | 我一直往后拖 |
[33:59] | It would just put so much pressure on things. | 这事会给我们造成很大压力 |
[34:02] | Yeah, but you’re running out of time. | 没错 不过你快没时间了 |
[34:05] | God, I hope my fucking vibrator appreciates this. | 天哪 希望我的按摩器会喜欢 |
[34:08] | Hey, isn’t Lisa supposed to be here? | 莉莎怎么没来啊 |
[34:09] | I don’t know, | 不知道 |
[34:10] | maybe she didn’t want to have her vagina torn off. | 或许她不希望阴道被扯掉吧 |
[34:12] | – Hello? – Hey, where are you? | -喂 -你在哪呢 |
[34:15] | I’m home. | 在家 |
[34:16] | Can you guys come over? | 你们能过来吗 |
[34:18] | – Yeah, what’s wrong? – Oh, bitch fucker. | -好 怎么了 -我操 |
[34:21] | Bill left his email account open on his computer. | 比尔电脑上的电邮账户没关 |
[34:25] | We’ll be right there. | 我们马上过来 |
[34:27] | Don’t go early. Don’t go early. | 别提前 别提前 |
[34:29] | Don’t go early. | 别提前 |
[34:33] | Ow, son of a bitch! | 狗娘养的 |
[34:34] | Steve-O, you’re at, like, a ten. | 史蒂夫 你就像个10岁的小子 |
[34:36] | I need you down at a shut the fuck up. | 我要让你输得无话可说 |
[34:39] | Fuck right off, okay? | 滚一边去 |
[34:41] | Come on, let’s go again. | 来 再来 |
[34:42] | – Does it hurt that bad? – There you go. Shot. | -有那么疼吗 -快 干了 |
[34:44] | – Refill. Jesus. – Alright, now, everybody listen, listen. | -满上 天哪 -好了 大家听我说 |
[34:48] | – Daniel? – Yes. | -丹尼尔 -嗯 |
[34:49] | What have you learned today? | 你今天学到什么了 |
[34:50] | To show your customers that they want something… | 让顾客感到他们需要你的东西 |
[34:53] | – that you have and… – No sales pitch, right? | -而且… -不要用推销言辞好吗 |
[34:55] | People see that shit coming a mile away, right? | 客户在十里开外就能看穿你的把戏 |
[34:57] | How do you do it? | 那你怎么做的 |
[34:58] | Fuck me! | 靠 |
[35:00] | What is wrong with the American people? | 你们美国人到底怎么回事 |
[35:01] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[35:03] | How do you do it? | 那你是怎么做的 |
[35:04] | – How do I do it? – Yeah. | -我是怎么做的 -是的 |
[35:05] | Never kiss someone’s ass. | 别求你的客户 |
[35:07] | – You’re better off fucking with them. – It’s a lot more fun. | -你对他们狠点反而会更好 -那才好玩 |
[35:09] | Okay, so first thing Monday morning I’m | 好 那下周一我早上第一件事 |
[35:11] | gonna call all my accounts and say, | 就是打电话给我所有的客户 说 |
[35:13] | “Hey, you fat fucks, you wanna buy some stock?” | “喂 肥猪 要买点股票吗” |
[35:18] | Was that a joke? | 你是在开玩笑吧 |
[35:20] | – It was bad, I’m sorry. – You’re not even listening. | -很糟糕 抱歉 -你都没在听 |
[35:21] | – I need you to focus, okay? – Sorry. | -集中注意力 好吗 -对不起 |
[35:23] | All right, and stop apologizing so much. | 好了 别一个劲道歉 |
[35:24] | Sorry. Shit. | 抱歉 该死 |
[35:26] | Look, the reason these rules are important is because… | 这些规律非常重要 因为 |
[35:29] | They’re the same rules that apply to meeting women, | 这和泡妞的规律是一样的 |
[35:31] | Which is even more important for you to learn. | 而弄清后者对你更为重要 |
[35:33] | Wait. Women don’t actually like being insulted. | 慢着 女士实际上不喜欢被无礼对待 |
[35:35] | That’s misogynist bullshit. | 憎恶女人的家伙才这么瞎扯 |
[35:38] | No. What women hate is getting lied to by guys | 不对 女性所憎恨的是 |
[35:41] | who are just trying to sleep with them. | 男人花言巧语只是为了骗她们上床 |
[35:42] | What if I’m not just trying to sleep with them? | 如果我不是想和她们上床呢 |
[35:44] | Then you’re gay. | 那说明你是同性恋 |
[35:45] | Fuck! | 操 |
[35:49] | God, that actually hurts a lot. | 天哪 真的非常疼 |
[35:51] | Had to get him distracted. Here’s to iceman… | 必须让他分心 敬冰人一杯 |
[35:54] | Not learning anything, ever. | 还是没学会什么 |
[35:56] | That’s a horrible game. | 这游戏太可怕了 |
[35:58] | I think my sperm count is officially lower. | 估计我的精子数大量减少了 |
[36:00] | Let’s do it again. | 再来一把 |
[36:01] | All I’m saying is that obviously, | 要我说 很明显 |
[36:03] | something was really wrong… | 既然你之前就开始怀疑了 |
[36:05] | If you were already that suspicious. | 说明早就出问题了 |
[36:06] | Oh, but that doesn’t give me the right | 不过那我也不能 |
[36:08] | to go snooping around like that. | 随便窥探他的个人隐私吧 |
[36:10] | Oh, will you listen to yourself? | 你想想清楚好吗 |
[36:12] | Your boyfriend cheats on you… | 你男友背叛了你 |
[36:13] | And you’re mad at yourself for catching him. | 你抓住了他却跟自己怄气 |
[36:15] | People do make mistakes, Jordan. | 人都会有过失 乔丹 |
[36:17] | Locking your keys in the car with | 车子没熄火却把车钥匙锁车里了 |
[36:18] | the engine running is a mistake. | 这叫做过失 |
[36:20] | Repeatedly fucking your ex-girlfriend is not a mistake. | 三番五次和前女友上床就不能叫有过失了 |
[36:21] | Jordan, come on. | 乔丹 行了 |
[36:23] | He said it was only the one time. | 他说就那么一次 |
[36:25] | That is such bullshit. | 真是扯淡 |
[36:26] | Infidelities are like cockroaches. | 出轨就如同蟑螂一般 |
[36:28] | For every one you catch, there are a hundred you don’t. | 能被你抓住的只是凤毛麟角 |
[36:30] | Hey, you’re not helping her right now. | 你这样可不是在安慰她 |
[36:32] | Can you just be supportive | 你能不能给她点支持 |
[36:34] | and not turn this into some stupid male-bashing session? | 别搞得跟男人批斗大会一样 |
[36:39] | Where’s Tommy tonight? | 汤米今晚在哪 |
[36:43] | You know what your problem is? | 知道你的问题在哪里吗 |
[36:45] | You wouldn’t know what to do | 即便有个好男人来到你面前 |
[36:47] | If a great guy just threw himself at you. | 你都不知道该怎么办 |
[36:50] | At least I’m giving myself a chance to be happy. | 至少我给自己一个获得幸福的机会 |
[36:52] | Maybe use your sensitive side. | 利用你敏感的一面 |
[36:53] | Show that off. | 表现表现 |
[36:55] | Yes, use the fact that you are a complete pussy | 没错 你完全是个娘们 |
[36:58] | to your advantage. | 你的阴柔敏感现在可以用上了 |
[36:59] | Coming from the guy | 说这话的 |
[36:59] | that brought the pinata and the blindfold. | 是那个给我蒙眼布 手举皮那塔玩偶的人 |
[37:01] | Hit the thing. | 快打吧 |
[37:04] | – What’s pink? – Xanax, man. | -粉红色的是什么 -镇定剂 |
[37:07] | You can take whatever you want… | 要什么随便拿 |
[37:08] | And you’ll sleep like a rock. | 你会睡的死死的 |
[37:09] | – Yellow. – Yellow is ecstasy. | -黄色的呢 -黄的是摇头丸 |
[37:12] | I left my glow sticks back in 1997. | 我从1997年就不玩这些了 |
[37:14] | – What’s blue? – Blue’s viagra. | -蓝色的呢 -是伟哥 |
[37:17] | It’s perfect for you. | 很适合你 |
[37:18] | – I’m good, thanks. – No, my friend. | -我用不着 谢谢 -不 朋友 |
[37:21] | Power up, okay? Like, the ladies expect it these days. | 加点力 好吗 现在女士们都喜欢这个 |
[37:24] | Never take a knife to a gunfight, mate. | 枪战别带刀子上 哥们儿 |
[37:25] | Gunfight. That’s a nice metaphor. | 枪战 比喻的不错 |
[37:28] | Don’t listen to these guys. | 别听他们的 |
[37:30] | No tourists. | 游客止步 |
[37:33] | You ready to be released into the wild? | 准备好去撒撒野了吗 |
[37:59] | Hey, guys. | 你们好 |
[38:00] | -We got everybody. -Alright. | -就我们几个 -好的 |
[38:17] | No, honey, we don’t need these. | 不 亲爱的 不需要这些 |
[38:22] | She’s beautiful. | 她很漂亮 |
[38:24] | You think so? | 你这么觉得? |
[38:26] | – Yeah. – You should tell her. | -嗯 -你该告诉她 |
[38:27] | Do you have water? | 有水吗 |
[38:28] | I’m sure she gets hit on all the time, though. | 肯定经常有人找她搭讪 |
[38:30] | You’re probably right, | 或许吧 |
[38:31] | she probably does get hit on all the time… | 可能确实总有人找她搭讪 |
[38:33] | By guys who don’t actually care, you know, | 那些找她搭讪的家伙才不关心 |
[38:34] | If she’s a gemini or what her cat’s name is. | 她是不是双子座的 她的猫叫什么 |
[38:36] | But I’m not asking you to go over there and feed her a line. | 我不是让你跑过去勾搭她 |
[38:38] | I just want you to go talk to her. | 只是想让你跟她聊聊 |
[38:40] | You keep telling me what I’m not supposed to do. | 你一直让我做一些我干不来的事 |
[38:42] | I don’t know what I’m supposed to say, I don’t… | 我都不知道该跟她说什么 我… |
[38:44] | I’m in the low self-esteem business. | 我专攻自尊心比较差的 |
[38:46] | If a girl’s parents are still together, I just move on. | 要是那妞的父母还没离异 我就走开 |
[38:49] | Doesn’t really matter what I say to women. | 我跟女人说什么都无所谓的 |
[38:51] | I have an English accent. | 俺有迷人的英格兰口音 |
[38:53] | You know what? All right. | 这样 |
[38:54] | Two girls, end of the bar. | 吧台那头有两个姑娘 |
[38:57] | Go talk to them. | 去跟她们说说话 |
[39:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[39:04] | – What, right now? – Yeah, right now. | -怎么 现在吗 -是啊 现在就去 |
[39:07] | Which one do you like better? | 你更喜欢哪个 |
[39:08] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[39:10] | Blonde, I guess. | 金发那个吧 |
[39:12] | – Rookie. – Totally. | -新手一个 -完全是 |
[39:13] | No questions. No questions, just go. | 打住 别问了 快去 |
[39:16] | Go. | 去 |
[39:18] | Wait, come back. Come back. | 等等 回来 回来 |
[39:20] | – What? – That right there. | -什么 -那东西 |
[39:21] | What is that? I told you about that. | 那是什么 我跟你说过 |
[39:23] | Okay, now go. | 好了 现在去吧 |
[39:25] | Do you actually believe any of that shit you just said? | 你相信你刚才你扯的那些吗 |
[39:28] | – Some of it. – You think he’s gonna pull it off? | -一部分吧 -你觉得他能成吗 |
[39:30] | Not a fucking prayer. | 没戏 |
[39:38] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[39:44] | Pass me a napkin? Please? | 帮我拿张面纸行吗 谢谢 |
[39:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:50] | De-entry. | 玩完 |
[39:56] | I feel stupid. | 感觉真傻 |
[39:57] | You look stupid. | 看起来是傻 |
[39:58] | Let me get this straight, Daniel. | 这么说吧 丹尼尔 |
[39:59] | Okay? You could fly a jet at mach 3 speeds… | 你能以3倍音速驾驶飞机 |
[40:03] | For, like, 72 hours with a plastic tube up your cock, | 鸡巴上套个尿管连续72小时飞行 |
[40:05] | But you can’t go talk to two dental hygienists | 却不能跟两个牙科护士 |
[40:07] | – For 10 seconds. – Actually, I was an avionics engineer. | -说上10秒的话 -我实际上是个航电工程师 |
[40:11] | – We never had… – No. I don’t… no excuses. | -我们从来没有… -不 我不…别找借口 |
[40:13] | You gotta be able to do this. | 这你必须要做到 |
[40:14] | You have to. | 必须 |
[40:15] | What about that one over there? | 那边那个如何 |
[40:17] | – Oh, totally gross. – And what about the blonde over there? | -真恶心 -那边金发的呢 |
[40:19] | I want to touch her where she pees. | 我想摸摸她的私处 |
[40:21] | That is a good-looking white girl. | 是个长得不错的白人妞儿 |
[40:23] | Ring. Ring. | 戒指 戴了婚戒 |
[40:24] | Oh, fuck, you’re right. | 妈的 你说的没错 |
[40:25] | Oh, how ’bout that one? | 那个怎么样 |
[40:27] | – That’s a handsome woman. – Look at her ass. | -那女的身段不错 -看她那屁股 |
[40:30] | She might as well have a tail, | 说不定还有尾巴 |
[40:31] | And she’s ugly. | 而且真丑 |
[40:32] | You know, some people might say the way | 知道吗 或许有人会说 |
[40:34] | You guys talk about women is ugly. | 你俩讨论女人的方式真丑陋 |
[40:35] | Yeah, but we’re only ugly on the inside, so it’s okay. | 对 但我们只是内心丑陋 所以无所谓 |
[40:38] | Oh, that… that is a beautiful woman. | 那 那才是一个美女 |
[40:42] | She totally wants to have a sexy party with me. | 她绝对想和我参加性爱派对 |
[40:44] | She does not want to have a sexy party with you. | 她不会想和你参加性爱派对 |
[40:47] | She wants to have a sexy party with me. | 她想和我参加性爱派对的 |
[40:49] | Steve-O, fine. Go ahead. Talk to her. | 史蒂夫 很好 那你上去聊聊吧 |
[40:52] | But none of that shock and awe bullshit you usually pull. | 不过不许用你穷追猛打那老一套 |
[40:55] | Someone has to show Daniel how to do this, okay? | 总要有人教教丹尼尔如何搭讪 |
[40:57] | – You don’t have to… – I don’t do that shit anymore, okay? | -你不必… -我现在早不玩那套了 拜托 |
[41:00] | Sexy party. | 性爱派对 |
[41:01] | Okay. None of that scorched earth bullshit. | 好 不许玩你的焦土战术 |
[41:03] | I’m serious. | 我说真的 |
[41:06] | Well, hello there, rodeo. Who’s up for a jaeger bomb? | 嗨 美女骑手 来杯雅格炸弹如何 |
[41:11] | I don’t think she’s having it, mate. | 她不会要的 哥们 |
[41:13] | A grey goose and soda? Yeah, just one. | 一杯灰燕伏特加加苏打水 对 就一杯 |
[41:15] | -How ’bout you go talk to her? -I don’t think | -要不你上 -我看 |
[41:18] | Cindy Brady’s coming over to the dark side tonight. | 那小丫头今晚是不会上钩的 |
[41:20] | I’m gonna go take a hot lap. | 我去转一圈看有没有好货色 |
[41:22] | Thanks for the help, Shakes. | 谢谢帮忙 老莎 |
[41:24] | Well, your turn. | 那么 轮到你了 |
[41:26] | – No. No. – Your turn. | -不 不 -轮到你了 |
[41:29] | Okay, fine. Okay. | 好 那好吧 |
[41:31] | But remember, this is not about sexy parties or… | 但记住 这无关性爱派对或者… |
[41:33] | Whatever, just go talk to her. | 随便啦 你就上前搭话吧 |
[41:35] | I’m gonna get a front-row seat. Okay? | 我坐前排观赏 好吗 |
[41:40] | I’m Steven, by the way. | 顺便说一下 我叫史蒂夫 |
[41:41] | – I’m Brooke. – Great. | -我叫布露克 -很好 |
[41:43] | You look really professional up there. | 你在台上很专业 |
[41:45] | By which I mean you’re, like, hot. | 我的意思是 你很性感 |
[41:47] | Like, really hot. | 真的 很性感 |
[41:49] | Another napkin. | 再来一张纸巾 |
[41:50] | Where’s the bartender? | 调酒师哪去了 |
[41:52] | – I hope I’m not interrupting. – Yeah, you actually kinda… | -希望我没打扰两位 -对 你其实有点… |
[41:55] | – No, not at all. Hi. – Hi. | -不 完全不打扰 嗨 -嗨 |
[41:57] | Tommy. | 汤米 |
[42:00] | – yeah, this is Bl… – I’m Brooke. | -对 这位是布雷… -我叫布露克 |
[42:03] | – Blake? – Brooke. | -布雷? -布露克 |
[42:04] | – Brooke. – Brooke. | -布露克 -布露克 |
[42:05] | – Tommy. Nice to meet you. – Nice to meet you too. | -我叫汤米 认识你很高兴 -认识你很高兴 |
[42:07] | So, how do you two know each other? | 你们怎么会互相认识 |
[42:09] | – Oh, we… – Work. | -哦 我们… -同事 |
[42:11] | You write children’s books too? | 你也写儿童读物吗 |
[42:13] | Yeah. He does instructional guides… | 对 他写使用指南… |
[42:16] | for swing sets. | 秋千架的使用指南 |
[42:24] | – Well… – Dude, that’s my… | -那… -哥们 那杯是我的… |
[42:27] | Obviously, I’m not gonna have sex with this girl tonight, | 显然 我今晚泡不上她了 |
[42:30] | so why don’t you give it a shot? | 那么你来试试吧 |
[42:35] | I am so sorry about that. | 对此我很抱歉 |
[42:36] | What an asshole. | 真是个混蛋 |
[42:38] | – Yeah, I… – What, you guys work on Wall Street? | -对 我… -你们是不是在华尔街工作 |
[42:41] | Yeah, we do, but not all of us are like… | 是的 但并非所有在华尔街工作的都… |
[42:44] | You know what? | 知道么 |
[42:46] | Let’s start over. I am Tommy. | 我们重新来过吧 我叫汤米 |
[42:49] | And I owe you a drink. | 我欠你一杯酒 |
[42:54] | I’m Brooke. | 我叫布露克 |
[42:56] | It’s a pleasure to meet you. | 认识你很高兴 |
[42:58] | Personally, I think there’s nothing wrong with bulimia at all. | 个人而言 我认为贪食症没什么问题 |
[43:02] | If anything, it shows your willingness | 即使有 也只说明你愿意 |
[43:05] | to reevaluate your decisions… | 重新评估你的抉择 |
[43:07] | And be proactive about making changes. | 并且主动寻求改变 |
[43:12] | You don’t sound black at all. | 你的言谈一点不像黑人 |
[43:16] | Are you from Europe? | 你是欧洲人吗 |
[43:18] | Here goes Jonathan, looking to break some records. | 接下来上场的是乔纳森 他想要破纪录 |
[43:24] | – Yeah! – Here we go! | -耶 -开始 |
[43:27] | That’s gotta hurt. | 那一定很疼 |
[43:28] | It doesn’t look innocent, it looks like heroin addict. | 这件穿起来不清纯 像是瘾君子 |
[43:30] | Hey, give me. Give me! | 给我 给我 |
[43:33] | Here. | 这边 |
[43:35] | What if he really is sorry? | 如果他真觉得后悔了呢 |
[43:37] | Everyone is sorry once they’re caught. | 奸情暴露后人人都后悔 |
[43:38] | It doesn’t mean anything. | 但没有任何意义 |
[43:39] | It’s true. | 是这样的 |
[43:39] | Rich said he would leave his wife… | 在我发现里奇已婚之后 |
[43:41] | after I found out he was married. | 他才说他会离开妻子 |
[43:43] | All’s fair in love and war. | 战争和爱情中所有手段都是合理的 |
[43:44] | Are you retarded? | 你傻吗 |
[43:46] | That’s just a bullshit excuse people use | 这只是一些人在乱搞时 |
[43:48] | to screw whoever they want. | 常用的烂借口 |
[43:49] | They need Guantanamo Bay for relationships. | 这些人都该送到爱情关塔纳摩监狱去 |
[43:51] | I’d waterboard the fuck out of my ex in Love Gitmo. | 我要在那儿对我的前男友施以水刑 |
[43:53] | Good for you. This is for work. | 很好 这件是工作装 |
[43:55] | Hey, you know what? | 知道吗 |
[43:56] | Tommy just hired a new guy on his desk. | 汤米刚招了一个新人 |
[43:58] | Really? Is he cute? | 真的吗 帅吗 |
[44:00] | He didn’t say, | 他没说 |
[44:02] | which actually probably means he’s cute. | 这可能说明他是挺帅 |
[44:04] | I’ll find a way to bring him around. | 我想法子把他叫来看看 |
[44:06] | Put this on. | 穿这件 |
[44:07] | Do I really have to go out with you guys? | 我一定要和你们一起去吗 |
[44:10] | Yes. | 对 |
[44:12] | Whose bachelorette party is this, anyway? | 到底是谁的婚前派对 |
[44:16] | Look, I just felt that if we had | 我就觉得如果我们 |
[44:19] | met under different circumstances, | 在其他场合下认识 |
[44:22] | just a few weeks ago, that this could have been something, | 就早个几周 说不定你我的相识 |
[44:25] | Like, really amazing. | 会很不寻常 |
[44:29] | – I mean… – I know. | -我的意思是… -我懂 |
[44:31] | It’s crazy, isn’t it? | 很疯狂 不是吗 |
[44:34] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[44:38] | Can you get my bag? Thank you. | 能帮我捡一下包吗 谢谢 |
[44:40] | I love you guys. | 我爱你们 |
[44:42] | I love you. | 我爱你们 |
[44:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[44:48] | That could have been Bad News Bears. | 险些坏事 |
[44:57] | Here’s where things started to get complicated. | 事情是从此刻开始变得复杂了 |
[45:00] | Brooke lost her purse that night at the bar. | 布露克昨晚在酒吧里丢了钱包 |
[45:02] | Her phone, her keys, everything. | 还有手机钥匙什么的 |
[45:06] | She asked if she could crash on my couch… | 她问是否可以睡我的沙发 |
[45:08] | And call a locksmith in the morning. | 早上再找人开锁 |
[45:11] | I know I really could have just put my foot down, | 我知道我本该拒绝的 |
[45:14] | but I didn’t. | 但是没有 |
[45:19] | I’m gonna get going. | 我走了 |
[45:20] | Okay. | 好 |
[45:24] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[45:26] | No sweat. | 没事 |
[45:28] | I’ve always believed that | 我一直认为 |
[45:30] | trust is the single most important thing in a relationship. | 信任是情感关系里的关键 |
[45:32] | But given that nothing happened, | 但是既然没有出格 |
[45:35] | I decided not to tell Beth. | 我决定不告诉贝丝 |
[45:41] | Hey, hotshot. | 嗨 高手 |
[45:43] | Cash, good to see you. | 卡什 见到你很高兴 |
[45:45] | Hello, Beth. My, you’re more lovely than I remember. | 你好贝丝 你真是更漂亮了 |
[45:47] | Oh, aren’t you a sweet talker. | 你真会夸人 |
[45:49] | Look at that. That necklace is gorgeous. | 看呐 项链漂亮极了 |
[45:52] | – Look at that thing. – It was a gift, actually. | -看看这项链 -是礼物来的 |
[45:55] | – Was it? You picked that out? – yes, I did. | -是吗 你挑的 -对 我挑的 |
[45:57] | – I’m shocked. – Just a little something. | -真没想到 -只是小东西而已 |
[45:59] | Oh, you haven’t met Beth yet, have you? | 你还没见过贝丝 是吗 |
[46:02] | Not officially. | 没正式见过 |
[46:03] | I’m surprised at your taste. | 你的品位让人惊讶 |
[46:05] | – She’s really nice. – Yeah. | -她很不错 -对 |
[46:08] | I’m sure. | 我确信 |
[46:11] | Okay, who takes the same bus to work every day? | 好 谁每天只和同一个女人睡觉呢 |
[46:14] | No, what are you talking about, man? | 不 你在说什么呢 |
[46:16] | Stephens’ wife is beautiful. | 史蒂文斯的妻子很漂亮 |
[46:17] | All I’m saying is | 我是说 |
[46:18] | he passed up 20 good years of man-whoring. | 他错过了二十年过风流生活的大好时光 |
[46:22] | He could have put up Wilt Chamberlain numbers… | 他本可以先玩够了 |
[46:23] | and then retired. | 再金盆洗手 |
[46:24] | Yeah, he looks miserable. | 对 他看起来挺惨的 |
[46:27] | Anyone need a drink? | 谁要喝点什么吗 |
[46:29] | – So, you came here with Tommy? – Yeah. | -你是和汤米一起来的 -对 |
[46:31] | So, how long have you guys been dating? | 你们交往多久了 |
[46:32] | It’s been three months now. | 现在有三个月了 |
[46:35] | That long? Oh, I didn’t realize that. | 那么久了吗 我没想到 |
[46:38] | Time flies. | 时间过得很快 |
[46:40] | Diet coke, please. | 健怡可乐 谢谢 |
[46:42] | Oh, will you excuse me for a second? | 介意我走开一下吗 |
[46:44] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[46:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[46:56] | Hitting the hard stuff, huh? | 不喜欢喝酒 是吗 |
[46:59] | Yeah. Saving the table dancing for the holiday party. | 是啊 撒酒疯还是留给节日聚会吧 |
[47:04] | You must be Daniel. | 你一定是丹尼尔吧 |
[47:06] | It’s so funny. I’m Beth, Tommy’s girlfriend. | 很巧 我是贝丝 汤米的女朋友 |
[47:08] | Yeah, I figured. | 对 我猜到了 |
[47:09] | Well, it’s nice to meet you. | 幸会 |
[47:12] | You too. | 幸会 |
[47:14] | – Again. – Again. | -再次幸会 -是的 |
[47:20] | You look different. | 你看起来和上次不太一样 |
[47:28] | So, how did you and Tommy meet again? | 你和汤米是怎么认识的来着 |
[47:30] | I was out one night with my friend Jordan, | 某晚我和朋友乔丹出去 |
[47:32] | and he was obviously on a date. | 而他正和人约会 |
[47:34] | – That’s trouble. – Yeah. | -是个麻烦 -对 |
[47:36] | Well, he left, | 他走了 |
[47:38] | but he came back in the restaurant… | 可又折回那家餐馆 |
[47:39] | and told me that he wanted to be talking to me. | 对我说 他想和我聊聊 |
[47:41] | And ever since then… | 之后就… |
[47:43] | Tommy, he’s a great guy. | 汤米 这人很不错 |
[47:45] | Yeah, he’s great. | 对 他很好 |
[47:47] | Tommy says you’re a big reader. | 汤米说你很爱看书 |
[47:49] | What’s your favorite book? | 你最喜欢什么书 |
[47:52] | Well, have you ever read Pride and Prejudice? | 读过《傲慢与偏见》吗 |
[47:54] | – Really? – See, you’re laughing. | -真的吗 -你看 你在笑我 |
[47:57] | No. It’s just why do guys always pick that book? | 不 只是为什么男生总是选这本 |
[48:00] | I mean, is it in a manual somewhere… | 是不是哪本泡妞手册上写的 |
[48:01] | on how to speak to women or… | 告诉你们如何与女人搭讪或… |
[48:03] | No. I like it because… | 不 我喜欢它是因为… |
[48:05] | it shows how wrong first impressions can be. | 它说明了第一印象多不靠谱 |
[48:07] | You know? | 对吧 |
[48:09] | And also, the main character Elizabeth Bennett… | 而且 女主角伊丽莎白·班内特… |
[48:12] | sounds stupid, | 这听上去挺傻 |
[48:13] | but she’s, like, my ideal woman. | 她可以说是我理想中的女人 |
[48:14] | Have you ever read Lolita? | 你读过《罗莉塔》吗 |
[48:18] | “Lolita, my sin, my soul, | “罗莉塔 我的罪恶 我的灵魂 |
[48:20] | standing four feet ten in one sock”. | 穿一只袜子 身高四尺十寸” |
[48:22] | Hey, you should come to my book club on Tuesday night. | 嘿 周二晚上你应该来我的读书会 |
[48:25] | I think it would be really great to have a guy for this one. | 我想这次活动如果有个男生参加肯定很棒 |
[48:28] | What about Tommy? | 汤米呢 |
[48:30] | Oh, Tommy would never come. | 汤米才不会来 |
[48:32] | Plus, there’s kind of a no-boyfriend rule. | 而且我们读书会有勿带男友的规矩 |
[48:34] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[48:35] | Sounds like fun. | 听上去很有趣 |
[48:36] | I’m gonna have to politely decline, though. | 不过 我还是得婉拒了 |
[48:38] | Oh, come on. | 别啊 |
[48:39] | Just you and five cute girls and a lot of wine. | 只有你 加五个漂亮妞 和一堆美酒 |
[48:42] | – Tommy. – Hey. | -汤米 -嗨 |
[48:43] | See you saved me the trouble of introductions. | 看来不用我介绍了 |
[48:45] | Yeah, good timing. | 对 来的正好 |
[48:46] | You have to convince Daniel to come to my book club. | 你得劝丹尼尔来我的读书会 |
[48:48] | – Book club. – Yeah. | -读书会 -对啊 |
[48:50] | That sounds like a great idea. | 主意不错 |
[48:51] | Really? Why? | 是吗 为什么 |
[48:53] | First of all, you would be talking to actual women, | 首先 你可以和实实在在的女人聊天了 |
[48:55] | Even if it is about books. | 哪怕只是聊聊书籍 |
[48:56] | Well, come on. I’m sure he does just fine with the ladies. | 别这么说 我看他和女士们相处还行 |
[48:59] | – Don’t you? – Not really, no. | -对吧 -不 不怎么行 |
[49:02] | And secondly, it would give me | 其次 这样我就有机会 |
[49:03] | endless opportunities to fuck with you. | 没完没了地摆布你了 |
[49:04] | That’s why I don’t think it’s a really good idea. | 这正是我不去的原因 |
[49:11] | Good morning, soldier. | 早安 大兵 |
[49:14] | Morning. | 早 |
[49:16] | What are you reading? | 你在读什么 |
[49:18] | Oh, just a book. | 就一本书 |
[49:21] | What book? | 哪本书 |
[49:23] | – It’s nothing. – What book? | -没什么 -哪本书 |
[49:25] | What is the t… | 什么书名… |
[49:27] | Pride and Prejudice. | 傲慢与偏见 |
[49:28] | Put that away. Jesus. | 收起来 天 |
[49:30] | What are you, carpooling with Oprah? | 你怎么了 和奥普拉一起坐车来的吗 |
[49:36] | Met a woman… | 我遇到一女的 |
[49:39] | She reminds me of the character in the book. | 她让我想起了书中的人物 |
[49:44] | You’re doing really lovely with those language tapes, Jan. | 那些外语录音带你听得很好 杨 |
[49:50] | So when you say cute, | 你说他帅 |
[49:51] | do you mean, like, | 你是指 |
[49:52] | little kid with gum in his hair cute… | 可爱小男生类型的呢 |
[49:54] | – or Brad Pitt cute? – Somewhere in-between. | -还是皮特那种大帅哥类型的? -两者之间吧 |
[49:56] | See, I don’t want this turning into | 我可不希望这次活动变成 |
[49:58] | some lame episode of the bachelor. | 这个单身汉的无聊聚会 |
[49:59] | Hey | 喂 |
[50:00] | I thought women were supposed to love men in uniform. | 我以为女人会喜欢穿制服的男人 |
[50:01] | Yeah, government salaries and post-traumatic stress… | 对 政府薪金 创伤后遗症… |
[50:04] | really do it to me nasty. | 真让我受不了 |
[50:05] | And we’ve met Tommy’s work friends. | 而且我们也见过汤米的那些同事 |
[50:08] | No, but he’s nothing like those guys. | 不 他和那些人不一样 |
[50:09] | If anything, he’s too old-fashioned. | 如果说有问题么 他就是太守旧了 |
[50:11] | What, he still prefers vaginal sex? | 怎么 他还是喜欢正常性交方式吗 |
[50:14] | Ooh, old school, yeah. | 老古董 确实是 |
[50:17] | You said you invited him later. | 你不是说约了他稍晚点来的吗 |
[50:18] | I did. | 我有啊 |
[50:19] | Oh, I need my… | 我要找下… |
[50:21] | – Okay, come on, girl. – Just think about this as a tryout. | -好了 快点 -就当这是一次入门考试好了 |
[50:23] | You guys are pathetic. | 你们真没出息 |
[50:25] | – You look cute. You’re adorable. – Thank you. | -你看上去很可爱 -谢谢 |
[50:27] | Hello. | 喂 |
[50:28] | It’s Daniel. | 我是丹尼尔 |
[50:29] | He’s polite and early. | 他很有礼貌 而且提早来了 |
[50:31] | – Yeah, he’s gay. – He’s not gay. | -对 还是同性恋 -他不是 |
[50:33] | – He was in the military. – Gay. | -他在部队里待过 -同性恋 |
[50:35] | Yeah, don’t ask, don’t tell. | 非礼勿问 非礼勿言 |
[50:38] | – Hey. – Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[50:39] | Come on in. | 请进 |
[50:41] | I got you this. | 我带了这个 |
[50:43] | – Oh, thank you. – It’s wine. | -谢谢 -是葡萄酒 |
[50:46] | Yeah. So, you have to meet everybody. | 嗯 那么来见下各位 |
[50:49] | Daniel, this is Lisa, Jordan, Susan, and Jill. | 丹尼尔 这边是莉莎 乔丹 苏珊 和吉尔 |
[50:53] | Hi, everyone. | 嗨 大家好 |
[50:54] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[50:55] | Sorry I’m so early. | 抱歉来这么早 |
[50:58] | No, no. | 不 没事 |
[50:59] | We were just having some girl talk. | 我们只是聊些闺蜜的私房事 |
[51:01] | – Just sat down. – Well, I can just come back… | -坐吧 -我可以等下再来 |
[51:02] | – if you guys are… – No, please. | -如果不方便 -不 没事的 |
[51:04] | – Sit. – Yeah, come on. | -坐下吧 -对 来吧 |
[51:10] | And apparently, they’ve never seen a man before. | 显然 她们以前没见过男人 |
[51:12] | Ever. | 从没见过 |
[51:16] | I know it’s a classic, but I can’t get past… | 我知道是部经典小说 但我受不了 |
[51:18] | this old, Euro-trash pervert… | 这个欧洲老变态… |
[51:19] | screwing a 12-year-old from New Hampshire. | 干一个十二岁的新罕布什尔州小姑娘 |
[51:20] | – It’s disgusting. – And the way he bribes her for sex… | -太恶心了 -而且他还用糖果和零钱 |
[51:23] | With candy and pocket change? | 来引诱小女孩跟他上床 |
[51:25] | Daniel, you’ve been awfully quiet. | 丹尼尔 你真是出奇的安静 |
[51:27] | Have we scared you out of talking? | 被我们吓得不敢说话了吗 |
[51:29] | Well, I can’t disagree with what’s been said so far. | 到目前为止你们所说的我都没什么异议 |
[51:33] | Obviously, yeah, the guy is really troubled. | 很显然 男主角饱受困扰 |
[51:36] | – And he’s… – Pervert. Pedophile. | -而且他… -变态 恋童癖 |
[51:38] | Let him finish. | 让他说完 |
[51:39] | Yes. But I believe that he was hopelessly in love. | 但我认为他是无可救药的爱上她了 |
[51:45] | You know, doesn’t make it okay, | 虽然不能因此脱罪 |
[51:46] | But he’s not just a pervert. | 但他并不只是个变态 |
[51:49] | – Yeah. He’s a murderer too. – Okay, all right. | -对 他还是杀人凶手 -好吧 没错 |
[51:51] | Years later, he kills the man that stole his lolita. | 多年后 他杀了那个抢走他的罗莉塔的人 |
[51:54] | But he loved her more than anything. | 但是 他爱她胜过一切 |
[51:57] | Even his own life. | 甚至包括自己的生命 |
[52:00] | I think that’s what love is. | 我想那就是爱 |
[52:02] | Anything else is just… a distraction. | 其他一切都只是…闲杂干扰 |
[52:11] | Should we choose another book, for next time? | 我们为下次活动选本书吧 |
[52:14] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[52:15] | Will you be able to join us next time? | 你下次还来吗 |
[52:16] | Uh, okay, | 嗯…好的 |
[52:19] | But I kind of got the feeling tonight was sort of a tryout. | 不过我怎么觉得今晚就像入门考试啊 |
[52:22] | Oh, no. | 不是 |
[52:23] | – No. – No. | -不是的 -当然不是 |
[52:24] | – You passed. – Yeah, sure. | -你通过了 -好的 |
[52:27] | You guys can be like the sisters I never wanted. | 也许以后你们就如同我的姐妹一般 |
[52:31] | – Thanks. Lovely. – Nice. | -谢谢 很高兴 -好的 |
[52:33] | All right.Well then, | 好的 那么 |
[52:34] | is everybody okay with the Good Soldier? | 大家都同意下次看《好兵》了吧 |
[52:36] | No. I don’t really want to read a war novel. | 不 我其实不喜欢战争小说 |
[52:38] | Oh, no, but it’s a love story, isn’t it? | 不是 那是一本爱情小说吧 |
[52:40] | Well, here. | 恩 听着 |
[52:42] | “this heartbreaking novel of infidelity and betrayal… | “这部关于不忠与背叛的令人心碎的小说 |
[52:44] | “tells the story of an ex-soldier… | 讲述的是一名退伍老兵 |
[52:46] | “and seemingly perfect gentleman. | 一位似乎完美的绅士的故事 |
[52:48] | “‘he was just the sort of man | ‘他是那种可以完全信赖的人 |
[52:49] | you could trust your wife with,’ | 把妻子托给他照顾你都可以放心’ |
[52:51] | Says the tragic narrator of the story”. | 这部悲剧的作者这样写道” |
[52:55] | – There you go. – Thanks. | -给 -谢谢 |
[52:58] | Actually… | 还不行 |
[53:02] | You’re a total neat freak, aren’t you? | 你可真是有洁癖 |
[53:05] | Actually, my apartment’s a mess. | 其实我的公寓也是乱糟糟的 |
[53:08] | Therapy for all those years of me spit-shining my shoes. | 在军队几年鞋每天擦得锃亮 得放松放松了 |
[53:11] | I cannot picture you in the military. | 真的很难想象你当兵是什么样子 |
[53:14] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[53:15] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[53:16] | You just don’t seem very aggressive. | 你看起来不像是好斗的人 |
[53:20] | Are you kidding me? | 你开什么玩笑 |
[53:22] | I was an avionics engineer. | 我在军队是航电工程师 |
[53:24] | – Were you? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -对 |
[53:26] | Super-aggressive. | 超级好斗 |
[53:29] | No. My dad, he was in the air force, | 不是的 我爸爸以前是空军 |
[53:32] | And the only way I could afford Princeton was ROTC. | 入预备役是我付普林斯顿学费的唯一选择 |
[53:35] | Get up every morning at 6 A.M…. | 每天早上六点起床 |
[53:39] | Do some push ups, they pay for school. | 做几个俯卧撑 军队就把学费掏了 |
[53:42] | But you didn’t finish your service, right? | 但后来你没有服完役 对吗 |
[53:44] | Tommy said you dropped out. | 汤米说你中途就退役了 |
[53:47] | I didn’t mean it like that. | 我不应该提这个的 |
[53:49] | No, it’s okay. I… | 不 没关系 |
[53:53] | You have to serve four years after college… | 大学毕业后得服役四年 |
[53:56] | in order to get your loans paid off, | 才能偿还掉学费贷款 |
[53:57] | And my commanding officer served with my dad, | 我的指挥官是我爸以前的战友 |
[54:01] | And after three years, I had some… | 服役三年后 我… |
[54:04] | I just had some stuff that happened. | 我发生了些事情 |
[54:06] | And he agreed to get me discharged a year early. | 他就批准让我提前一年退役 |
[54:09] | That’s good. | 那也不错 |
[54:11] | – I think. – No. | -我觉得哈 -是的 |
[54:12] | No, it was at the time. | 当时是挺好 |
[54:14] | But now I’ve got a hundred grand | 但由此我就背了十万块的助学贷款 |
[54:16] | in student loans to pay off. | 现在还在还债 |
[54:18] | – God. -Lot of push ups for nothing. | -天啊 -几年俯卧撑白做了 |
[54:21] | Well, I wouldn’t say nothing. | 是我不该多问 |
[54:29] | That would be Tommy. | 应该是汤米来了 |
[54:34] | Hey, come on up. | 嘿 上来吧 |
[54:39] | Guess I should get going, huh? | 我也该走了吧 |
[54:41] | Okay. Well, I’m so glad you could make it. | 好的 我非常高兴你能来 |
[54:44] | And thank you for offering to clean up. | 也谢谢你帮我洗碗收拾 |
[54:46] | – It was nice. – Yeah. | -很感谢 -嗯 |
[54:49] | Hey, guys. | 嗨 二位 |
[54:51] | How was book club? | 今天的读书会怎么样 |
[54:54] | It was good. | 还不错 |
[54:58] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[55:04] | Are you ever actually gonna want to leave this city? | 将来你会考虑离开这个城市吗 |
[55:08] | Someday, yeah. | 也许有一天我会的 |
[55:11] | Come on, babe, it’s late. | 亲爱的睡吧 很晚了 |
[55:20] | My aunt and uncle used to be these big-shot lawyers. | 我的姑父和姑母曾经是名噪一时的大律师 |
[55:26] | Working hundred-hour weeks | 每周工作上百小时 |
[55:28] | and never getting to see each other. | 忙得都没时间和对方见面 |
[55:29] | One day, they just moved to Colorado… | 忽然有一天 他们搬去科罗拉多 |
[55:32] | to run this hot air balloon company. | 开了家热气球公司 |
[55:34] | That’s great. Good for them. | 真好 他们应该很开心 |
[55:37] | It is. | 确实 |
[55:39] | They take people up to watch the sunset… | 他们带人们乘坐热气球 |
[55:41] | over the Rockies every night. | 欣赏落基山脉的日落 |
[55:43] | They get by okay, | 日子过得不错 |
[55:45] | And they get to see each other every day. | 而且他们每天都可以见面 |
[55:49] | And he hasn’t thrown her out of the basket yet? | 他还没有把她从热气球吊篮上扔出去吗 |
[55:55] | Come on, babe. Let’s go to sleep. | 亲爱的别说了 睡吧 |
[56:13] | I was offered a promotion in San Francisco. | 我现在有个升职机会 可是得调去旧金山 |
[56:23] | And can you make sure they arrive this afternoon? | 你能确保今天下午送到吗 |
[56:26] | They need to be there when he gets home. | 我希望他一回家就可以看到 |
[56:28] | As long as there’s a doorman, sure. | 只要看大门的人在就没问题 |
[56:30] | Did you want to fill out a card? | 你要放张卡片吗 |
[56:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[56:45] | You like flowers. Why don’t you just keep them? | 你很喜欢花 干嘛不留着呢 |
[56:47] | This isn’t funny. | 一点都不好笑 |
[56:48] | “Happy Anniversary”? This has to stop. | “周年纪念日快乐”? 这必须结束了 |
[56:52] | I guess I did meet her about this time last year. | 我好像真是去年这个时候认识她的 |
[56:55] | Beth, beth, | 贝丝 贝丝 |
[56:57] | You’re mad at me, | 你现在生我的气 |
[56:58] | and that’s exactly what Christie wants. | 那克里斯蒂的目的不就达到了吗 |
[56:59] | This has nothing to do with us. | 她的所作所为与我们无关 |
[57:00] | Of course it does. | 怎么会无关 |
[57:02] | “we all have a past”. Remember? | 你说”我们都有过去” 记得吗 |
[57:04] | I dealt with mine. You are not dealing with yours. | 我的已经彻底了断了 但你却没有 |
[57:06] | What else do you want me to do? | 那你还想让我怎样 |
[57:08] | I can get a restraining order. | 要我去弄一张禁令吗 |
[57:10] | How does one actually do that? | 那东西要怎么申请 |
[57:12] | I’m tired of this. Honestly. | 我已经烦了 真的 |
[57:33] | Hello. | 喂 |
[57:34] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[57:35] | What’s for dinner? | 晚餐吃什么呢 |
[57:39] | Just peanut butter… | 就是花生酱 |
[57:42] | Sandwiches. | 三明治 |
[57:43] | All right. | 哦 |
[57:45] | Hey, Tommy and Lisa and I… | 喂 我和汤米还有莉莎 |
[57:47] | are going for dinner next week… | 打算下周一起吃晚饭 |
[57:48] | And we wanted to invite you along. | 我们想邀请你一起去 |
[57:50] | I can’t. | 我去不了 |
[57:51] | I didn’t even say which night yet. | 我还没说是哪天晚上呢 |
[57:53] | Uh, no. I just, um… | 不是 我只是… |
[57:57] | I don’t like to be set up. | 我不喜欢被人安排见面 |
[57:58] | Oh. Well, it’s not a setup. | 噢 不是给你相亲啦 |
[58:01] | How’s Monday night? | 周一晚上行吗 |
[58:03] | We’re going for sushi. | 我们打算去吃寿司 |
[58:04] | It’s better than peanut butter. | 那可比花生酱好吃多了 |
[58:05] | Yeah, uh… | 这个… |
[58:06] | I think I could do Monday. | 周一应该行吧 |
[58:08] | – Okay. – Sure. | -说定了 -好的 |
[58:10] | Good. | 太好了 |
[58:11] | What are you doing home on a Friday night anyway? | 周五晚上窝在家里干什么呢 |
[58:13] | Oh, it’s just been kind of a long week. | 哦 这周工作太累了 |
[58:16] | What’s your excuse? | 你有什么消遣呢 |
[58:17] | I’m meeting Tommy later. | 我一会儿去见汤米 |
[58:20] | So, what’s your story? | 能说说你的故事吗 |
[58:22] | Why don’t you have a girlfriend? | 为什么没找女朋友啊 |
[58:23] | Well, my ex-girlfriend, | 嗯 我的前女友 |
[58:27] | Uh, fiance, she got pregnant while I was serving overseas. | 我未婚妻 在我出国服役的时候怀孕了 |
[58:31] | She visited you over there? | 她去那儿看你了? |
[58:32] | No. | 没有 |
[58:34] | No, that was kind of the problem. | 没去过 这大概就是问题所在了 |
[58:37] | Oh. Sorry. | 哦 对不起 |
[58:39] | Well, it’s not really the homecoming… | 在外服役三年 |
[58:41] | I’d been looking forward to for three years, | 回来不料竟会是这样 |
[58:43] | you know? | 你明白吗 |
[58:44] | Right. | 是的 |
[58:45] | So, are you interested in anyone these days? | 那最近有没有什么人让你感兴趣的 |
[58:50] | Interested like, um… | 感兴趣的… |
[58:53] | No, no, not… | 不 不 没有 |
[58:55] | That’s a yes. | 那应该是有咯 |
[58:56] | Who is she? Do I know her? | 谁啊 我认识吗 |
[59:00] | I don’t think you do, Beth. | 贝丝 我想你应该不认识 |
[59:13] | All right, say when. | 够了说一声 |
[59:15] | It’s a school night. | 明天还得上学呢 |
[59:17] | You know? | 对吧 |
[59:19] | It’s okay, I don’t have to be at work until late tomorrow. | 没事 我明天可以晚点去上班 |
[59:23] | So, what was your favorite country that you visited? | 你去过的国家里最喜欢哪个 |
[59:26] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我也说不上来 |
[59:27] | Botswana, maybe. | 也许是博茨瓦纳吧 |
[59:30] | No, Vietnam. | 不 应该是越南 |
[59:31] | People there are so nice. | 那儿的人非常热情 |
[59:34] | Beaches are just amazing, | 海滩美极了 |
[59:36] | and it’s like a million dong to the dollar, | 一美元好像能兑换一百万越南盾吧 |
[59:39] | So it’s really cheap. | 所以东西非常便宜 |
[59:41] | A million dongs to a dollar, huh? | 一美元兑换一百万越南盾啊 |
[59:43] | Sounds like a good time. | 那确实很爽 |
[59:48] | So, what was Botswana like? | 那博茨瓦纳怎么样呢 |
[59:50] | Okay. | 恩 |
[59:52] | Picture herds of zebra and elephant, | 想象一下成群的斑马和大象 |
[59:55] | literally just stopping traffic on highways. | 有时真的会阻断公路交通 |
[59:58] | And the currency there… | 那儿使用的钱 |
[1:00:00] | Actually, it’s called the Pula, | 他们称为普拉 |
[1:00:03] | Which is the same word as rain. | 和雨是同一个词 |
[1:00:05] | Oh, ’cause of the droughts. | 是因为那儿常年干旱对吧 |
[1:00:06] | Yeah, exactly. | 是的 一点不错 |
[1:00:08] | And the pennies, they’re called raindrops. | 还有分币 他们叫作雨滴 |
[1:00:10] | So poetic. | 真有诗意 |
[1:00:12] | It is. | 确实 |
[1:00:14] | Aren’t you drinking? | 你不喝酒吗 |
[1:00:15] | – Oh, yeah. – Never pour your own sake. | -噢 好 -喝日本清酒不能自己倒 |
[1:00:18] | Seven years bad sex. That’s a fact. | 那会让你七年桃花不顺 真的 |
[1:00:22] | Seven more years, huh? | 又加上七年是吧 |
[1:00:27] | School night. | 明天要上班呢 |
[1:00:35] | Let’s have a toast. | 大家干一杯吧 |
[1:00:38] | To Daniel’s success in his new job. | 祝丹尼尔在新工作中事业成功 |
[1:00:40] | And to Lisa’s promotion. | 也祝贺莉莎升职 |
[1:00:43] | And to Beth, for organizing tonight. | 也敬贝丝 今晚让我们聚在一起 |
[1:00:45] | Yes, here’s to everyone. Except me. | 对 敬所有人 除了我 |
[1:00:52] | Beth, what are you going to do about | 贝丝 去加州工作的事 |
[1:00:54] | that job over in California? | 你考虑好了吗 |
[1:00:55] | Well, it’s such a great opportunity, | 这确实是个很好的机会 |
[1:00:58] | but part of me feels like I shouldn’t go. | 但是我内心好像有个声音在说不要去 |
[1:01:00] | When would you be moving? | 如果要去什么时候动身呢 |
[1:01:03] | Probably in about a month. | 大概还有一个月吧 |
[1:01:05] | Yeah. I’d miss her like crazy, | 我肯定会疯狂想念她的 |
[1:01:06] | but it’s only a plane ride, right? | 不过搭个飞机不就去了 对吧 |
[1:01:09] | Yeah. I mean, it’s not that far. | 是啊 我的意思是 其实也没多远 |
[1:01:11] | I just can’t make up my mind. | 我就是下不了决心 |
[1:01:14] | I know how you can figure it out. | 我知道你怎样可以做出决断 |
[1:01:17] | This… | 这个 |
[1:01:19] | Can show you exactly what you want, deep down. | 能显示你内心深处的真正愿望 |
[1:01:22] | Yeah, let’s leave all of life’s major decisions to a coin toss. | 好啊 人生的重大决定我们都抛硬币决定吧 |
[1:01:24] | That’s brilliant, Daniel. | 太有才了 丹尼尔 |
[1:01:26] | I don’t really believe in luck. | 我不太相信运气 |
[1:01:28] | No, no, no, it’s not about luck. | 不不 这不是运气的问题 |
[1:01:29] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[1:01:30] | Heads you stay, tails you go. | 正面就留下 反面就走 |
[1:01:34] | You gotta trust me, though, okay? | 不过你得相信我 好吗 |
[1:01:37] | This is ridiculous. | 真胡闹 |
[1:01:38] | Heads you stay, tails you go. | 正面留下 反面走 |
[1:01:41] | What do you want it to be? | 你希望是正面还是反面呢 |
[1:01:49] | Stay. | 留下 |
[1:01:53] | Then that’s your answer. | 那么这就是你的决定了 |
[1:01:56] | Now, what was it really? | 喂 到底正面反面? |
[1:01:58] | What was it? | 是哪一面 |
[1:01:59] | Doesn’t matter. | 这不重要了 |
[1:02:02] | Dude, you looked at it. Come on. | 哥们 你都看了 说吧 |
[1:02:03] | That’s not the point. She knows what she wants now. | 这不重要 她现在知道自己想怎么做了 |
[1:02:05] | Yeah, I guess I do. | 恩 我想是的 |
[1:02:17] | Thanks for dinner, Tommy. | 谢谢你的款待 汤米 |
[1:02:18] | – Yes. – Yes, very generous, as always. | -是啊 -你每次都这么大方 |
[1:02:20] | – Thank you. – My pleasure, really. | -谢谢 -不要客气啦 |
[1:02:23] | Shit. I left my credit card inside. | 妈的 我的信用卡忘在里面了 |
[1:02:26] | Be right back. | 马上回来 |
[1:02:31] | – I think I’m gonna call it a night. – Oh, okay. | -那我就先告辞了 -哦 好的 |
[1:02:33] | Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. | 我也正想道别呢 |
[1:02:36] | Do you want to share a cab? | 要不要一起打车 |
[1:02:38] | No. | 不了 |
[1:02:41] | I’m headed downtown, you’re headed upper west, right? | 我要去下城区 你要往西北方向走 对吧 |
[1:02:43] | Yeah. | 是哈 |
[1:02:45] | Wouldn’t make sense, you know? | 那没必要了 对吧 |
[1:02:46] | Logistically. | 不顺路 |
[1:02:48] | Got it. What’s the plan? | 找到了 接下来去哪啊 |
[1:02:51] | I’m just gonna call it a night. | 我就先回去了 |
[1:02:52] | Thanks for everything, man. | 非常感谢 哥们 |
[1:02:54] | Really? | 真要回吗 |
[1:02:55] | Yeah, I’ll see you tomorrow. | 嗯 明天见 |
[1:02:56] | You guys have a good night, all right? | 祝你们晚安 |
[1:02:57] | – You too. – Yeah, right. Good night. | -你也是 -好 晚安咯 |
[1:02:58] | Take care. | 路上小心 |
[1:03:07] | What’s the 10-spot, 45? | 什么情况 45吗 |
[1:03:09] | I’m not trying to bend you over, okay? | 我不会在你后面捣鬼的 放心吧 |
[1:03:11] | Just grow a pair of nuts and lift me. | 胆子放大点 让我振奋一下 |
[1:03:13] | Shakespeare, I still need a better bid from Northrop. | 老莎 我需要诺斯洛普出个更好的价钱 |
[1:03:14] | Daniel, you’re up on Cyberon. | 丹尼尔 你赛微科技的单子好了 |
[1:03:15] | All right, take a report. | 好的 出一份报表 |
[1:03:16] | Hundred thou? A nickel better than your order. | 十万吗 比你的单子略高一点 |
[1:03:19] | Yeah. Okay, thanks. | 嗯 好的 谢谢 |
[1:03:22] | Jack, stick with me on this one. | 杰克 我正在做 别挂断 |
[1:03:23] | Shakespeare, did you hear me? | 老莎 听到我说的话了吗 |
[1:03:24] | Just get him to fucking hit me. | 抛个整单逼他一下 |
[1:03:32] | All right, Jack, we just got another seller. | 好的 杰克 我们手上有个新卖家 |
[1:03:34] | It’s fill or kill. What do you want to do? | 他的单是全部成交否则取消 你要不要做 |
[1:03:40] | Great. I’ll have Jen call you with the report. | 好的 我会叫珍打电话把结果报给你 |
[1:03:43] | Have fun in the Hamptons. | 祝你在汉普顿斯玩得愉快 |
[1:03:46] | Done your way, Shakespeare. | 按你说的办了 老莎 |
[1:03:47] | Thank you, Daniel. | 多谢 丹尼尔 |
[1:03:49] | Jen. | 珍 |
[1:03:50] | I’m all over it, Daniel. | 交给我好了 丹尼尔 |
[1:04:04] | You know, it’s kind of sad if you think about it. | 想想也挺悲剧的 |
[1:04:06] | Those guys spend all their time… | 这些人用一辈子的时间 |
[1:04:07] | looking for something they’re never gonna find. | 寻找他们永远也找不到的东西 |
[1:04:12] | What? The perfect woman? | 什么 完美女人吗 |
[1:04:14] | Yeah, there’s no such thing. | 是啊 这世上根本就没有 |
[1:04:18] | So you’ve never been tempted, huh? | 你从没被诱惑过吗 |
[1:04:23] | Well, I mean, of course I’ve been tempted. | 我当然也蠢蠢欲动过 |
[1:04:25] | Why? Does that surprise you? | 怎么 很惊讶吗 |
[1:04:28] | I can go home at night, | 我晚上回到家 |
[1:04:30] | I can look at my wife and my kids in the eye, | 可以直面我的老婆孩子 |
[1:04:34] | Not feel like a total fraud. | 而不会觉得那么良心不安 |
[1:04:38] | I mean, to me, that’s a good trade. | 我是说 对我来讲这样很好 |
[1:04:59] | Daniel. How’s it going? | 丹尼尔 你怎么样 |
[1:05:05] | Good to see you, man. | 很高兴见到你 |
[1:05:06] | Hi, Daniel. I’m Christie. | 你好 丹尼尔 我是克里斯蒂 |
[1:05:08] | I’ve heard a lot about you. | 我常听他说起你 |
[1:05:09] | Yeah, you too. | 我也是 |
[1:05:11] | Yeah. So, Daniel and I have a meeting… | 嗯 我和丹尼尔马上要开会了 |
[1:05:13] | We gotta get up to. | 我们得上去了 |
[1:05:14] | So I’ll see you later. | 那回头见吧 |
[1:05:16] | Okay. Bye. | 好的 拜拜 |
[1:05:24] | Sorry about that. She’s a little nuts… | 不好意思 她有点难缠 |
[1:05:26] | and I had to stop her from coming upstairs. | 我必须拦着她 不能让她上去 |
[1:05:27] | It’s okay. It’s fine. | 没事 没关系 |
[1:05:28] | But you show up in the nick of time. | 不过你来的正是时候 |
[1:05:30] | It’s good. This is good. | 非常好 非常好 |
[1:05:31] | And I know you and Beth are becoming real good friends. | 我知道你和贝丝最近成了好朋友 |
[1:05:34] | I think that’s cool and everything. | 我觉得这很好 |
[1:05:35] | This is probably something she doesn’t need to hear about, | 她大概没必要知道这事儿 |
[1:05:37] | Yeah. | 明白 |
[1:05:39] | unless you’re trying to split us up… | 除非你是存心想让我们分开 |
[1:05:42] | for some reason. | 出于某种目的 |
[1:05:46] | Fucking with you. | 逗你玩的 |
[1:05:49] | – You all right? – Yeah. | -没事吧 -没有 |
[1:06:05] | Hi, it’s Tommy. Leave a message. | 嗨 我是汤米 有事请留言 |
[1:07:10] | Hey, Beth. | 喂 贝丝 |
[1:07:11] | Hey. Where are you? | 喂 你在哪呢 |
[1:07:14] | I’m at home. | 在家啊 |
[1:07:16] | Tommy said you guys had an important dinner tonight. | 汤米说你们今晚有个很重要的应酬 |
[1:07:18] | Well, I guess I’m not that important. | 我不是什么重要人物 所以不用参加 |
[1:07:23] | – Did you finish the book yet? – Yeah. | -你看完那本书了吗 -嗯 |
[1:07:26] | I just did. | 刚刚看完 |
[1:07:28] | I’m not sure how I feel about it, though. | 但我看完之后 也不知道是什么感觉 |
[1:07:30] | What do you mean? | 怎么说 |
[1:07:32] | Well, you kind of just trust the narrator… | 出于习惯 人们一般都比较相信 |
[1:07:37] | out of habit, you know? | 书中旁白者的话 对吧 |
[1:07:39] | But just as you’re getting into it, | 但当你继续看下去 |
[1:07:41] | he just turns out to be full of shit. | 就会发现他全是在胡说八道 |
[1:07:43] | Yeah, so? | 嗯 那你的意思是? |
[1:07:45] | What’s the point of that? | 何必要这些旁白呢 |
[1:07:51] | Maybe it’s just like real life. | 也许这和现实生活中是一样的 |
[1:07:54] | Sometimes, people just aren’t who you thought they were. | 有时候 别人和你想象中的那个人根本不同 |
[1:08:01] | You’d tell me if… | 假如你知道汤米的什么事 |
[1:08:04] | if something were going on with Tommy, right? | 你会告诉我吧 |
[1:08:08] | Yeah, if I knew anything. | 当然 如果知道就告诉你 |
[1:08:10] | I mean, there’s no stupid guy code or anything, is there? | 你们男人不会合伙隐瞒自己的女友吧 |
[1:08:15] | Don’t say anything to Tommy, okay? | 别把这事告诉汤米 好吗 |
[1:08:17] | No, of course not. | 当然不会 |
[1:08:18] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:08:20] | Hey, what are you doing tonight? | 你今晚有什么安排 |
[1:08:21] | Do you want to come get a drink with me and my friends? | 要不要过来和我几个朋友喝一杯 |
[1:08:23] | I can’t, Beth. | 不行 贝丝 |
[1:08:27] | I’m kind of expecting someone. | 其实我在等人 |
[1:08:29] | Oh. Okay. | 哦 好 |
[1:08:31] | Well, have fun tonight. | 那你今晚好好玩吧 |
[1:08:35] | Whatever you’re doing. And… | 无论你玩什么 不过… |
[1:08:36] | well, you know, not too much fun. | 别玩的太过火啊 |
[1:08:39] | Ha-ha. | 哈哈 |
[1:08:42] | I’ll talk to you later. | 那我先挂了 |
[1:08:43] | Okay. Bye. | 好 再见 |
[1:08:50] | Hello. | 谁 |
[1:08:52] | Delivery for Mr. Daniel. | 给丹尼尔先生送邮件的 |
[1:08:53] | Yep, come on up. | 上来吧 |
[1:08:57] | Doesn’t this place have any boys? | 怎么连个男的都没有 |
[1:08:59] | You should call Daniel. What’s up with Daniel tonight? | 你应该给丹尼尔打个电话 他今晚在干嘛 |
[1:09:02] | I don’t know. It’s… | 我不知道 他… |
[1:09:05] | it sounded like he had some hot date coming over. | 他今晚好像有约会 |
[1:09:09] | Yeah. Somehow I doubt that. | 这话我可不信 |
[1:09:11] | Why? What does that mean? | 为什么 这话什么意思 |
[1:09:12] | The guy is totally in love with you. | 他已经彻底爱上你了 |
[1:09:14] | Why didn’t he come tonight, then? | 那他今晚为什么不来呢 |
[1:09:16] | You’re his boss’s girlfriend. | 你是他上司的女朋友 |
[1:09:17] | – I’m sure it kills him to be around you. – Shut up. | -他靠近你只能自添烦恼 -得了吧 |
[1:09:22] | – Oh, my god. – What? It’s not that surprising. | -天啊 -得了 没什么大惊小怪的 |
[1:09:25] | No. It’s… over there. It’s crazy Christie. | 不是的 看那里 是克里斯蒂 |
[1:09:29] | – Tommy’s ex? – Yeah. | -汤米的前女友? -是的 |
[1:09:30] | Which one is she? | 是哪一个 |
[1:09:31] | She’s the little Audrey Hepburn in the red dress. | 发型有点像奥黛丽·赫本 穿红衣服那个 |
[1:09:33] | – That’s her, isn’t it? – Yeah. | -就是她啊 是吗 -对 |
[1:09:35] | She’s not that pretty. | 她也不怎么漂亮嘛 |
[1:09:36] | You need to talk to her. | 你应该和她谈谈 |
[1:09:38] | I don’t want to make a scene. | 我不想去那吵吵闹闹的 |
[1:09:39] | Make a huge fucking scene. This has gone on long enough. | 大吵大闹才对 你已经忍了很久了 |
[1:09:44] | You’re right. This has gone on long enough. | 你说得对 确实忍无可忍了 |
[1:09:58] | Can I help you? | 你有什么事吗 |
[1:10:01] | We’ve never met before, but I… | 我们没见过面 不过我… |
[1:10:05] | You used to date Tom Fielding, right? | 你以前和汤姆·菲尔汀交往过对吧 |
[1:10:09] | Are you one of Tommy’s ex-girlfriends? | 你是汤米的前女友之一吗 |
[1:10:13] | Ex-girlfriends? No. | 前女友? 不是 |
[1:10:15] | Tommy and I have been together for three months now. | 我和汤米在一起已经3个月了 |
[1:10:27] | Nice necklace. | 项链很漂亮 |
[1:10:59] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:11:01] | I ran into an old friend on line for the bathroom. | 在卫生间排队时碰到以前的朋友了 |
[1:11:03] | It’s okay. Should we get the check? | 没关系 我们结账走吧 |
[1:11:06] | Actually, I think I wanna stay out tonight. | 我今晚想在外面玩 |
[1:11:10] | I mean, we spent the whole day inside. | 我们一整天都在屋里 |
[1:11:13] | Yeah, but wasn’t it great? | 那不是挺好吗 |
[1:11:15] | Well, all we ever do is stay in and have sex… | 从我们认识的那一晚起 我们做的事 |
[1:11:19] | since the first night we met. | 就是在屋里做爱 |
[1:11:23] | I want to go out tonight. | 我今晚想在外面玩玩 |
[1:11:26] | But we are out. | 我们这不已经出来了吗 |
[1:11:31] | Ciao, carissima. | 你好啊 亲爱的 |
[1:11:32] | Ciao, Paolo. | 你好 保罗 |
[1:11:35] | Tommy… | 汤米 |
[1:11:38] | Paolo, this is Tommy. | 保罗 这位是汤米 |
[1:11:40] | – Ah, Tommy. – Paolo. | -汤米 -保罗 |
[1:11:42] | – Nice to meet you. – Nice to meet you too. | -幸会 -幸会 |
[1:11:44] | Oh, Paolo, Tommy speaks Italian too. | 保罗 汤米也懂意大利语 |
[1:11:55] | Yeah, it’s a little loud in here… | 这里有点吵 |
[1:11:57] | And I’m a little rusty, probably, so… | 我的意大利语也有点生疏了 所以… |
[1:12:00] | We speak English then, hmm? | 那我们就说英语吧 好吗 |
[1:12:02] | Yeah. It’s probably better for everyone. | 好 这样大家都能明白 |
[1:12:05] | Sure. | 是啊 |
[1:12:08] | So, how do you guys know each other? | 你们是怎么认识的 |
[1:12:10] | Oh, I… okay. | 哦…那我讲了 |
[1:12:13] | So, one day, Brooke came into my studio… | 有一天 布露克来到我店里 |
[1:12:16] | to make some photos. | 要拍些照片 |
[1:12:18] | Very nice photos, eh? | 很漂亮的照片 对吧 |
[1:12:20] | – Paolo is a genius. – Oh, no. | -保罗是个天才 -不敢当 |
[1:12:22] | – Yes. – So | -真的 -那么 |
[1:12:23] | Tommy, what is it you do? | 汤米 你做什么的 |
[1:12:26] | I work at a bank… Morgan Brothers. | 我在一家银行 叫摩根兄弟 |
[1:12:28] | – Sales trading. – I understand. Wall Street. | -销售交易部 -知道了 金融界的 |
[1:12:31] | I get it. Money, huh? Money? | 我知道了 和钱打交道的 对吧 |
[1:12:34] | Paolo, when did you get to New York, | 保罗 你什么时候来纽约的 |
[1:12:35] | and why didn’t you call me? | 怎么不联系我 |
[1:12:36] | I’m only here one week. | 我只待一周 |
[1:12:38] | I mean, tomorrow I have show opening, | 明天还要举办展览 |
[1:12:39] | Tonight we’re out to celebrate, I did… | 我们今晚出来庆祝一下 我确实… |
[1:12:42] | You must join us. To celebrate. Tonight. | 你也来吧 今晚一起去庆祝 |
[1:12:46] | Oh, come on. Huh? | 来吧 好吗 |
[1:12:49] | Well, you wouldn’t mind if I went with them, would you? | 如果我和他们一起去玩 你不介意吧 |
[1:12:53] | I mean, you wanted to go home anyway, right? | 反正你也想回家 对吧 |
[1:13:01] | Euro-trash piece of fucking shit. | 垃圾欧洲人 |
[1:13:03] | If that’s what you want to go home with. | 你就是想和这种人一起回家 |
[1:13:05] | I mean, fuck! | 混蛋 |
[1:13:10] | Sorry about that. | 对不起 |
[1:13:11] | Have a good evening. | 祝你们晚上愉快 |
[1:13:32] | Hey, Samantha, it’s Thomas. | 萨曼莎 我是汤米 |
[1:13:34] | It’s about 11:00 Saturday night. | 现在是周六晚上11点左右 |
[1:13:37] | I would love to see you, so give me a call back. | 我很想见你 回我电话 |
[1:13:40] | All right. | 就这样 |
[1:13:45] | Amy. Tom. | 艾米 我是汤姆 |
[1:13:47] | Hey. Saturday night, about 10. | 现在是周六晚上10点左右 |
[1:13:53] | I’d love to see you. | 我很想见到你 |
[1:13:57] | Jen. | 珍 |
[1:13:59] | It’s your favorite co-worker, Tommy. | 我是你最要好的同事 汤米 |
[1:14:02] | I’d love to see you, | 我很想见你 |
[1:14:03] | Even if it’s late. | 晚一点都没关系 |
[1:14:06] | So call me back. | 回我电话吧 |
[1:14:09] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[1:14:26] | You should hear some of the things he says about you. | 你真该听听他是怎么说你的 |
[1:14:30] | I think I have an idea. | 我也猜得到 |
[1:14:36] | I spent so much time hating you. | 这么长时间我一直恨你 |
[1:14:39] | I don’t know what to believe. | 真不知道该相信什么 |
[1:15:12] | Hey, Beth. How’s girls’ night out going? | 贝丝 今晚的女生聚会玩得怎么样 |
[1:15:14] | Tommy, I don’t want to see you again. | 汤米 我再也不想见到你了 |
[1:15:18] | Ever. | 永远 |
[1:15:19] | Whoa… wait, Beth. | 等等 贝丝 |
[1:15:21] | What are you talking about? That’s… where are you? | 你在说什么啊 你在哪儿 |
[1:15:23] | I know about Christie, Tommy. | 汤米 我已经知道克里斯蒂的事了 |
[1:15:26] | – Everything. – No, what are you… | -什么都知道了 -不 你在… |
[1:15:28] | Beth, this is crazy. | 贝丝 别那么傻 |
[1:15:29] | No, it’s not, actually. | 不 我没有 |
[1:15:33] | Well, not anymore. | 以后也不会了 |
[1:15:34] | Who have you been talking to? | 你跟谁谈过话吗 |
[1:15:36] | Beth. Beth! | 贝丝 贝丝 |
[1:15:41] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[1:15:48] | Hey, you know what, buddy? | 喂 哥们 |
[1:15:50] | Change of plans. We’re gonna be staying downtown. | 计划有变 我们回下城区 |
[1:15:54] | Coming. | 来了 |
[1:16:01] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[1:16:03] | – Hey. – What’s up? | -嗨 -怎么了 |
[1:16:04] | What’s going on, man? | 你怎么来了 老兄 |
[1:16:06] | You, uh… | 你… |
[1:16:09] | You haven’t spoken to Beth tonight… | 你今晚没和贝丝谈过话吧 |
[1:16:11] | by any chance, have you? | 随便问问 |
[1:16:14] | Well, yeah, but I didn’t think it was a big deal. | 是谈过 但这没什么问题吧 |
[1:16:18] | Well, it is a big deal, Daniel. | 怎么叫没问题 丹尼尔 |
[1:16:20] | – It’s a big fucking deal. – Why? | -问题他妈大了 -怎么了 |
[1:16:21] | ’cause you told her I was fucking Christie. | 因为你告诉她我和克里斯蒂上床的事了 |
[1:16:23] | I don’t even know what… | 我根本就不知道… |
[1:16:25] | You want to fuck my girl, don’t you, you little fucking cunt? | 你是不是想上我女朋友 你这混蛋 |
[1:16:28] | I didn’t say anything. | 我什么都没说 |
[1:16:30] | You didn’t say anything? Why would you call her, huh? | 什么都没说? 那你为什么给她打电话 |
[1:16:32] | – Huh? – She called me. | -为什么 -是她打给我的 |
[1:16:34] | We talked for two minutes about a book we were reading. | 我们只谈了两分钟我们看的一本书 |
[1:16:37] | That’s it. | 仅此而已 |
[1:16:49] | Book club. | 读书会 |
[1:16:50] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:16:52] | Oh, now I understand. | 那我知道了 |
[1:16:53] | You can understand why I misinterpreted… | 你能理解我为什么误会了… |
[1:16:55] | Actually, I can’t, Tommy. | 汤米 我不能理解 |
[1:16:57] | Hurt me as much as it did you. | 那你也打我一顿吧 |
[1:17:00] | I’m sure we’ll be laughing about it on Monday. | 到星期一我们肯定就能忘记这不愉快了 |
[1:17:01] | Look, I’ll take you out to lunch, okay? | 周一中午请你吃午饭 好吗 |
[1:17:05] | – Yeah. – All right, all right. | -嗯 -好了 好了 |
[1:17:07] | Look, you think it over, you get that fixed up. | 那你想一想 看怎么解决 |
[1:17:10] | Monday we’ll straighten this whole thing out. | 星期一我们就握手言和吧 |
[1:17:11] | I don’t think so, Tommy. | 汤米 我可不这么想 |
[1:17:16] | Daniel, come on, don’t… | 丹尼尔 别这样 |
[1:17:18] | Go home, Tommy. | 汤米 回家吧 |
[1:17:20] | Just go home. | 回家去吧 |
[1:17:30] | Sounds good. Okay. Okay. | 好吧 很好 |
[1:18:01] | 84th and 5th. | 84街和第五大道路口 |
[1:18:21] | 8 dollar 20, please. | 请给8.2美元 |
[1:18:29] | I think I lost my wallet. | 我的钱包掉了 |
[1:18:31] | 8 dollar 20, Sir. | 先生 8.2美元 |
[1:18:34] | I think I lost my wallet, Sir. | 我的钱包掉了 先生 |
[1:18:35] | We can go ATM. | 去自动取款机取啊 |
[1:18:37] | No, my cards are in my wallet. | 不 我的银行卡都在钱包里 |
[1:18:39] | But, you know, I’ll tell you what. | 没事 听着 |
[1:18:40] | I have money upstairs. If you just | 我在楼上有钱 |
[1:18:42] | wait here for a couple minutes, | 你只要在这里等一会 |
[1:18:43] | I’ll run up, I’ll grab it, I’ll bring it down for you. | 我跑上去 马上就拿钱下来 |
[1:18:45] | Get the fuck out of my taxi. | 还不快滚? |
[1:19:09] | – Hey, Beth. – Hey. | -嗨 贝丝 -嗨 |
[1:19:12] | Sorry. Um, do you still have company? | 打扰了 你还和别人在一起吗 |
[1:19:16] | No. No, not at all. Are you okay? | 没有 你不要紧吧 |
[1:19:18] | Can I ask a favor? | 你能帮我个忙吗 |
[1:19:21] | You can say no, but, um… | 你可以拒绝 不过… |
[1:19:24] | Please don’t say no, okay? | 请不要拒绝 好吗 |
[1:19:26] | Beth, Beth, I’ll be right there. | 贝丝 我马上过来 |
[1:19:48] | It’s been a while, Tommy. | 汤米 好久不见了 |
[1:19:53] | Evening, Miss Perkins. | 晚上好 帕金斯小姐 |
[1:19:59] | Your place looks nice. | 你家里挺不错啊 |
[1:20:06] | Did you miss me? | 想我了吗 |
[1:20:47] | What did you do now? | 你干什么了 |
[1:20:59] | Hi, Christie, it’s mom. | 克里斯蒂 是妈妈 |
[1:21:01] | Call me when you get a chance. | 有时间就给我来电话 |
[1:21:04] | Hey, it’s Tommy. | 我是汤米 |
[1:21:06] | I’m just gonna crash at my place tonight, okay? | 我今晚就在我家里睡了 好吗 |
[1:21:08] | – You fucking asshole. – Love you. | -你这混蛋 -爱你 |
[1:21:11] | Fuck. | 混蛋 |
[1:21:21] | – Hey. – Hey. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[1:21:23] | – What? – Yeah. | -怎么了 -嗯 |
[1:21:24] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[1:21:26] | I guess Tommy’s having a rough night. | 我猜汤米今晚心情很不好 |
[1:21:27] | Tommy did that? | 汤姆打的? |
[1:21:29] | Why would he… | 他为什么… |
[1:21:30] | I guess he thought that I… | 他可能以为我… |
[1:21:32] | – That I told you about Christie. – How would you even… | -告诉了你克里斯蒂的事 -你又不知道… |
[1:21:40] | Wow. Is everybody fucking left-handed? | 怎么每个人都是该死的左撇子 |
[1:21:42] | – You knew, the whole time? – No. Not the whole time. | -他的事你一直都知道吗 -不 不是一直知道 |
[1:21:45] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 为什么没告诉我 |
[1:21:46] | – I should have. – No. | -我确实应该告诉你的 -不 |
[1:21:49] | You have your job to think about, | 你还要考虑到你的工作 |
[1:21:52] | and your friends. | 还有你们的朋友圈子 |
[1:21:54] | Beth, I quit my job. | 贝丝 我辞职了 |
[1:21:58] | Those aren’t my friends. | 他们不是我的朋友 |
[1:22:00] | It’s just you. | 只有你是 |
[1:22:10] | Baby, you’re a little light here. | 宝贝 这钱有点少 |
[1:22:12] | I know. I’ll make it up to you. | 我知道 我会补给你的 |
[1:22:17] | I’m sorry, baby, but you know it doesn’t work that way. | 对不起宝贝 你知道这样不行的 |
[1:22:19] | Look, I lost my wallet tonight. | 我今晚钱包丢了 |
[1:22:21] | And I will make it up to you. | 我过后会补给你的 |
[1:22:23] | – I promise. – Listen, mother fucker. | -我保证 -听好了 混蛋 |
[1:22:25] | You will get me my mother fucking money… | 你不给钱的话 |
[1:22:27] | or I’m gonna fucking scream until the fucking cops come. | 我会大喊大叫直到把警察招来 |
[1:22:29] | And that would fuck you a lot more than it would fuck me. | 你的麻烦会比我大得多 |
[1:22:32] | Okay, how about we just calm down. | 好 我们先冷静一下 |
[1:22:33] | And I’ll find a way to get your money for you, okay? | 我会想办法把钱给你的 好吗 |
[1:22:36] | Just give me a minute to think about it. | 给我点时间想一下 |
[1:22:40] | Okay, baby. Whenever you’re ready. | 那好 宝贝 我等着 |
[1:22:47] | – Irv, how’s it going? – You can’t go up there, son. | -你好吗 厄弗 -你不能上去 小伙子 |
[1:22:52] | I just need to talk to Christie for a second. | 我只想和克里斯蒂说几句话 |
[1:22:54] | You’re no longer on the guest list. | 你应经不在访客名单上了 |
[1:22:58] | Irv, look, my man, I’m up there all the time. | 厄弗 老兄你看 我经常来这里 |
[1:23:01] | Donny, show this man to the door. | 唐尼 请这个人出去 |
[1:24:07] | I feel sorry for you, Tommy. | 我很同情你 汤米 |
[1:24:10] | I do. | 真的 |
[1:24:20] | Thanks, baby. | 谢谢 宝贝 |
[1:24:24] | Two stops, please. | 往前面走两站 |
[1:24:36] | So, that’s how we got here. | 事情就是这样发展到这一步的 |
[1:24:41] | It’s not pretty. | 确实不太好 |
[1:24:43] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:24:48] | I really don’t have anything left to say for myself. | 我已没什么可为自己辩解的了 |
[1:24:53] | Maybe that’s a start. | 也许这是新的开始 |
[1:24:58] | So, what are you gonna do now? | 那你以后打算怎么办 |
[1:25:01] | I don’t know. | 还没想好 |
[1:25:03] | Chris Baker | 克里斯·贝克 |
[1:25:05] | He keeps asking me to join him at his new place, | 他一直劝我加入他跳槽去的那家公司 |
[1:25:07] | but I’m just not sure that’s what I want to do right now. | 但我现在不知道自己是否想去 |
[1:25:15] | Have you ever been up in a hot air balloon? | 你有没有坐过热气球 |
[1:25:19] | What? | 什么 |
[1:25:21] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[1:25:53] | Tommy. | 汤米 |
[1:26:12] | Buon giorno, carissima. | 早上好 亲爱的 |
[1:26:20] | Why did you come back in that restaurant for my number? | 你那天为什么返回餐馆问我的电话 |
[1:26:25] | I just couldn’t be with that other girl… | 我没法和另外那个女孩在一起了 |
[1:26:26] | when all I wanted was to talk to you. | 因为我当时想要做的就是和你聊聊 |
[1:26:40] | Whatever happened to her, anyway? | 到底为什么和她分手 |
[1:26:45] | Just wasn’t right. | 只是不合适 |
[1:26:49] | When you flipped that coin, | 你抛硬币的时候 |
[1:26:52] | and I said I wanted to stay, | 我说我想留下来 |
[1:26:55] | I don’t think I realized it then, | 其实当时并没想清楚 |
[1:26:58] | but I was thinking about you when I said it. | 但当我说留下来时 心里想的是你 |
[1:27:02] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:27:06] | So, what was it? | 那么到底是哪面 |
[1:27:08] | What was what? | 什么? |
[1:27:11] | Heads or tails? | 正面还是反面 |
[1:27:13] | Stay or leave? | 走还是留 |
[1:27:21] | That’s what I thought. | 我也是这么想的 |