英文名称:The Company Men
年代:2011
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | It’s going to come up in conversations | 人们会开始谈论 |
[00:10] | where people saying do you remember when… | 你还记得那时… |
[00:12] | The closing of California’s IndyMac Bank has resulted in | 加州因迪美银行的倒闭也许会成为 |
[00:14] | what could turn out to be the most costly | 美国历史上损失最严重的 |
[00:17] | bank failure in U.S. History. | 一桩银行破产案 |
[00:18] | The DOW has dropped more than 800 points | 道琼斯指数下跌超过八百点 |
[00:20] | and it’s not clear the crisis is over. | 危机结束的信号尚不明朗 |
[00:22] | Last night there was an emergency meeting in Washington. | 昨夜华盛顿白宫召开紧急会议 |
[00:25] | The leaders of Congress were told | 国会各党派领导人被告知 |
[00:27] | the nation’s financial system was facing an imminent collapse. | 国家财政体系面临崩溃 |
[00:31] | 53,000 Citigroup workers are losing their jobs. | 花旗集团将解雇五万三千名员工 |
[01:58] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[02:04] | Hi. | 你好 |
[02:09] | Hey, do I get any message? | 有给我的留言吗 |
[02:13] | Willcocks want to see you. | 威尔考克要见你 |
[02:14] | She’s in the fifth floor conference room. | 她在五楼的会议室 |
[02:17] | I shot one an 86 at club this morning. | 我今早在俱乐部一杆打中八十六码位球洞 |
[02:20] | She said it was important. | 她说这事很重要 |
[02:22] | Sally Willcocks thinks everything is important. Thank you. | 萨莉·威尔考克觉得什么都重要 谢谢 |
[02:35] | Can anyone take a guess at what I shot at the club this morning? | 知道我今早在俱乐部打中了什么洞吗 |
[02:38] | Go ahead, take a shot. | 来 猜猜 |
[02:41] | No? | 不猜吗 |
[02:42] | 44 on the front and 42 on the back. | 飞行四十四码 滚动四十二码 |
[02:44] | Ooh, no you didn’t, Bob! | 不 鲍比 这不可能 |
[02:47] | Yes, I really did. | 我真的打出来了 |
[02:48] | It’s true. | 真的 |
[02:50] | What happened? Did someone die? | 怎么回事 有人死了吗 |
[02:56] | Conal? | 科纳尔 |
[02:58] | 纽波特纽斯 美国弗吉尼亚东南的独立城市 莫比尔 美国阿拉巴马州港口城市 | |
[02:58] | They closed Mobile and Newport News. | 他们关闭了莫比尔和纽波特纽斯市的工厂 |
[03:01] | They merged Ship Systems with Rail Products. | 合并了造船和铁路产品部门 |
[03:03] | How many? | 解雇了多少人 |
[03:05] | Conal, your wife is on the phone. | 科纳尔 你妻子的电话 |
[03:11] | Hi, Honey. | 喂 亲爱的 |
[03:12] | Three thousand at the shipyards. | 造船厂三千人 |
[03:13] | Rumor is another couple hundred here. | 据说这里也会解雇几百人 |
[03:16] | Honey, I’ve got some bad news. | 亲爱的 我有个坏消息 |
[03:26] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[03:27] | Bobby, you know Dick Landall from legal. | 鲍比 这是法律顾问迪克·兰多 |
[03:30] | The company is consolidating divisions. | 公司正在合并部门 |
[03:32] | Difficult decisions had to | 对于由此产生的冗员 |
[03:33] | be made in areas where redundancies surfaced. | 我们不得不做出艰难的决定 |
[03:35] | We have structured a generous severance package for you. | 我们已经为你准备了优厚的遣散费 |
[03:37] | Your 12 years with us has | 你在这里工作了十二年 |
[03:38] | entitled you to 12 weeks of full pay and benefits. | 你可以得到十二周的全额工资和福利 |
[03:45] | You’re firing me? | 意思是要解雇我吗 |
[03:46] | Come on, Bob, sit down. | 鲍比 坐下吧 |
[03:47] | We’re also offering you out placement services … | 我们还为你安排了再就业服务 |
[03:50] | to help you secure your next employment. | 使你更易获得下一份工作 |
[03:52] | – Does Gene know about this? – Please sit. | -吉恩知道这件事吗 -请坐 |
[04:01] | You know what, Sally? | 听着 萨莉 |
[04:03] | Fuck off! | 滚他娘的 |
[04:09] | – Is Gene in here? – He’s in Chicago today. | -吉恩在吗 -他今天在芝加哥 |
[04:13] | We’ve reviewed our pipeline of some 500 projects and programs. | 我们审视了酝酿中的五百个项目方案 |
[04:16] | Focusing on those with significant marketing opportunities | 决定专注于那些市场机会巨大的 |
[04:20] | and jettisoning everything that | 放弃所有 |
[04:22] | won’t contribute immediately to our profitability. | 不会带来立竿见影的效益的项目 |
[04:24] | Selecting 37 as promising strategic growth programs | 选出三十七个极具策略性增长潜力的项目 |
[04:28] | and setting aside the rest for future consideration. | 其余暂且搁置 留备以后考虑 |
[04:30] | Ned Haspel, JP Morgan. | 我是奈德·哈斯佩尔 来自摩根大通 |
[04:32] | Mr. McClary, | 麦克拉里先生 |
[04:33] | you were talking earlier about of fiscal 2011 … | 您早前谈到2011财政年度时 |
[04:36] | you’ve done a good job of convincing us | 您让我们清楚明白到 |
[04:38] | that with credit markets frozen | 随着信贷市场的冻结 |
[04:39] | your sales revenue in 2010 was slow. | 贵公司2010年度销售收入增长缓慢 |
[04:43] | Great, my job here is done! | 很好 那我就完成任务了 |
[04:46] | Can you talk about 2011 and | 您能否谈谈2011年 |
[04:47] | what sort of a percentage increase you anticipate? | 预期能获得多少百分点的增长呢 |
[04:51] | We all like to talk about percentages, | 我们都喜欢设立百分点 |
[04:53] | Ned. Your people do, our people do. | 奈德 你们公司是 我们也是 |
[04:54] | Are you suggesting that you aren’t | 意思是说您的部门 |
[04:56] | expecting any growth in your division next year? | 明年预计不会有任何增长吗 |
[04:59] | I am suggesting that we faced | 我的意思是我们面临着 |
[05:01] | increased foreign competition … | 日趋激烈的境外竞争 |
[05:02] | and a difficult credit market | 并且造船业这样的 |
[05:04] | for large capital expenditures like shipbuilding. | 高资本支出行业面临着严峻的信贷环境 |
[05:06] | So… no growth in 2011? | 也就是 2011年没有增长吗 |
[05:11] | I am confident that while shipbuilding will remain challenged … | 我相信在造船部持续遭遇挑战的同时 |
[05:16] | the rest of the transportation | 其他运输部门 |
[05:17] | systems group will continue to make significant contributions | 会继续为GTX下一季度的增长 |
[05:20] | to growth of GTX in the coming quarters. | 做出突出的贡献 |
[05:25] | Yes, in the back. | 我对此深信不疑 |
[05:33] | Honesty is the best policy? | 这样坦诚好吗 |
[05:35] | Christ, could you just try to be a little less candid for once? | 天哪 你下次能别说得这么直白吗 |
[05:38] | According to the analysts and our new profitability plan. | 我有分析师的报告和新利润计划做依据 |
[05:42] | What do you want? | 你想要怎样 |
[05:43] | More inflated guidance so we can underperform in | 虚报增长 然后明年四个季度 |
[05:46] | all four quarters again next year? | 又都完不成指标吗 |
[05:47] | 2011. I’m worried about our share price tomorrow. | 还2011年 我担心的是明天的股价 |
[05:52] | Salinger is going to blow a fucking gasket. | 塞林格估计要气炸了 |
[06:08] | Aah, shit. | 妈的 |
[06:12] | Yeah. | 是 |
[06:13] | Had they say, who else is on the block? | 他们说没说还有谁被炒了 |
[06:18] | Thanks for the sympathy, Phil. | 多谢关心 菲尔 |
[06:26] | – I’ll call you later, okay? – Okay. | -回头再给你打电话 好吗 -好 |
[06:32] | – Did they say anything about me? – What? | -他们提到我了吗 -什么 |
[06:36] | About my still having a job? | 我被解雇了吗 |
[06:38] | Ya know, I didn’t ask. | 我没问 |
[07:35] | – I’ve been trying to reach you. – This damn thing’s dead. | -我一直在找您 -这破玩意儿没电了 |
[07:38] | – Recharge it for me, will you. – Phil’s in there. | -帮我充下电 -菲尔在里面 |
[07:41] | Make yourself right at home, Phil. | 不必拘束 菲尔 |
[07:43] | I won’t go back to the factory floor. | 我不会再回车间 |
[07:46] | I have a kid in college. | 我有个孩子在念大学 |
[07:47] | Another going in the Fall. | 另一个秋天也要去了 |
[07:49] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么呢 |
[07:51] | You’re shitting me! Does he not know! | 你在糊弄我 他真不知道吗 |
[07:53] | Sally Willcocks let some more people go. | 萨莉·威尔考克又解雇了一些人 |
[07:55] | Some! She fired goddamned everybody! | 一些 她几乎都炒光了 |
[07:58] | Did she fire you? | 她炒你了吗 |
[07:59] | No, but I’ve been hiding in here all day! | 没有 但我在这儿闲逛了一天 |
[08:01] | They closed Mobile and Newport News. | 他们关闭了莫比尔和纽波特纽斯市的工厂 |
[08:03] | Laid off most of the ship systems sales group. | 解雇了船舶销售的大部分人 |
[08:06] | I won’t let the bastards | 我在这儿工作了三十年 |
[08:07] | just kick me out after 30 years. | 不会让这些混蛋就这么踢走我 |
[08:09] | I’ll take an AK-47 to this fucking place first. | 我会先拿杆AK-47来这儿报复 |
[08:21] | What are you going to do, | 你们想怎么做 |
[08:22] | let me read about it in tomorrow’s journal? | 让我明天看报纸的时候才知道吗 |
[08:24] | We’re in the middle of something, here. | 我们正在开会 |
[08:25] | You closed two of my shipyards!?!? | 你关闭了我两个造船厂吗 |
[08:27] | Consolidating divisions has been under discussion for months. | 整合部门的事已经讨论了几个月了 |
[08:30] | Yeah, I told you it was a shitty idea. | 这是个卑鄙的主意 |
[08:32] | And we took that opinion into consideration. | 你的想法我们考虑过了 |
[08:34] | It’s my goddamned division! | 这他妈是我的部门 |
[08:35] | It’s my goddamned company!! | 这他妈是我的公司 |
[08:42] | Will you excuse us for a moment, please. | 让我们单独谈谈 |
[08:51] | What are you doing embarrassing me like that. | 非要让我难堪吗 |
[08:53] | Embarrass you? | 我让你难堪吗 |
[08:54] | I’m gone one day and you gut one of my divisions. | 我才离开一天 你就整垮了我一个部门 |
[08:56] | Stock is stalled, the revenues are flat. | 股价低迷 收入持平 |
[08:59] | The whole economy is flat, | 整个经济体都无增长 |
[09:00] | we are in the middle of a recession. | 我们处于经济萧条期 |
[09:01] | I only closed two of the shipyards. | 我只是关了两个造船厂 |
[09:02] | I should have closed all three of them. | 本来三个都该关掉的 |
[09:04] | Stock is in the fucking toilet! | 股价在一路狂跌 |
[09:06] | Everybody’s stock is in the toilet. | 所有股的股价都在一路狂跌 |
[09:08] | Well, the shareholders would like to | 股东们希望 |
[09:09] | see their share value maximized. | 股价越高越好 |
[09:11] | Well, sell the fucking DeGas. Hmmm. | 那就把德加的画卖了[法国著名画家] |
[09:20] | Well now, I heard you put on quite a show in Chicago. | 我刚才听说你在芝加哥引起了不小的轰动 |
[09:23] | What’d you do. You told a room full of analysts | 你都干了些什么 告诉满屋的分析师 |
[09:24] | you weren’t going to generate any growth next year. | 明年不打算有任何增长吗 |
[09:27] | Three thousand jobs? | 增长三千份工作吗 |
[09:28] | Gene, we’re not some shitty little shipyard anymore! | 吉恩 我们现在不再是小破造船厂了 |
[09:31] | I’m not going to keep pouring money into a losing operation. | 我不会一直往赔本买卖里砸钱 |
[09:33] | We innovate, we retool … | 我们可以改革 重组 |
[09:35] | American heavy manufacturing is dead. | 美国的重工业已经没有出路了 |
[09:38] | Steel, alloys, the price of shipbuilding. | 钢铁和合金涨价使造船成本过高 |
[09:43] | The future is health care infrastructure and power generation. | 未来属于医疗基础设施和能源产业 |
[09:47] | I have to be involved in | 我必须要参与任何 |
[09:48] | any decision that affects one of my divisions. | 跟我部门有关的决定 |
[09:51] | You wouldn’t have approved the cuts. | 你不会赞成这次削减 |
[09:54] | You go behind my back to the Board again, right. | 你又会背着我去联系董事会吧 |
[09:58] | They were good people, Gene. | 他们都是好人 吉恩 |
[10:03] | Not our responsibility. | 社会责任不是我们的职责 |
[10:05] | We work for stockholders now! | 我们代表股东的利益 |
[10:19] | Your dad’s home? | 你爸爸在家吗 |
[10:20] | Yes. | 在 |
[10:22] | Can you grab the rest of these out of the trunk? | 你能把车上的其他东西拿进来吗 |
[10:31] | – What are you doing home? – Making dinner. | -你在家干什么 -做晚饭 |
[10:35] | – We’re going over to Jack’s. – Tonight? | -我们要去杰克家 -今晚吗 |
[10:38] | Dierdre’s birthday. | 庆祝狄德莉的生日 |
[10:42] | I think it’s going to rain. | 我觉得要下雨了 |
[10:43] | If you do not want to come, fine. | 如果你不想来 没关系 |
[10:46] | Don’t come. | 别来了 |
[10:47] | Thanks, buddy. | 谢谢 孩子 |
[11:00] | Drew, could you finish that upstairs, please? | 德鲁 你能到楼上去看吗 |
[11:02] | Put on clean pair of jeans, please. | 换条干净的牛仔裤 |
[11:03] | We’re going to your uncle Jack’s for dinner. | 我们要去杰克舅舅家吃饭 |
[11:08] | Christ, you don’t have to like him. | 天哪 你不必真的喜欢他 |
[11:10] | But, you can pretend, for my sake. | 但为了我能不能装下 |
[11:12] | Yeah, but at least he cares enough | 至少他很在意 |
[11:13] | about me not to treat you like a piece of shit. | 我有没有把你当一回事 |
[11:14] | They fired me. | 我被炒了 |
[11:19] | What? | 什么 |
[11:20] | They fired me, today. | 我今天被炒了 |
[11:25] | Sally Willcocks. | 是萨莉·威尔考克干的 |
[11:27] | Why? | 为什么 |
[11:30] | Something about redundancies. | 说是冗员 |
[11:34] | Gene said that you were safe. | 吉恩说你很安全 |
[11:36] | Gene said a lot of things. | 吉恩说过很多东西 |
[11:38] | He was nowhere to be found, today. | 今天根本找不到他 |
[11:40] | Bobby, you busted your ass for them! | 鲍比 你以前为他们拼命工作 |
[11:42] | No, no, I’m sorry, fuck them … | 不 抱歉 滚他奶奶的 |
[11:44] | and fuck Gene McClary with all his promises! | 去他的吉恩·麦克拉里和他的承诺 |
[11:47] | Something is burning. | 有东西烧焦了 |
[12:05] | Hey, I a … | 那个 我 |
[12:07] | don’t want to tell anybody, | 在找到新工作之前 |
[12:09] | ya know, until I get another job. | 我不想别人知道这事 |
[12:12] | All right? | 好吗 |
[12:42] | Where is your mother? | 你妈妈呢 |
[12:53] | Where is your mom? | 你妈妈呢 |
[12:55] | Headache. | 她头疼 |
[13:00] | Oh, Dad! They announced where we are going for our Senior Trip. | 爸爸 毕业旅行的地点公布了 |
[13:05] | – Italy. – Italy? | -是意大利 -意大利 |
[13:10] | Wow, … boy, that’s great. | 真不错 |
[13:14] | I can go, right? | 我能去吧 |
[13:17] | Of course, sweetheart. | 当然了 宝贝 |
[13:47] | – Phil. – Yeah. | -菲尔 -什么事 |
[13:51] | Oh God. | 天哪 |
[13:55] | Aunt Dorothy … called. They fired Conal. | 多萝西姑母来了电话 说科纳尔被解雇了 |
[14:03] | – Are you okay? – Yeah. | -你没事吧 -没事 |
[14:10] | – I should get ready. – For what? | -我要准备一下 -去干什么 |
[14:13] | The Salinger’s dinner. | 参加塞林格的晚宴 |
[14:15] | I completely forgot. | 我完全忘了 |
[14:16] | You don’t have to come if you’re not feeling up to it. | 你要是不舒服可以不来 |
[14:18] | Just give me a minute. I’ll put my face on. | 等我一会儿 我去化个妆 |
[14:44] | Gene, where have you been? | 吉恩 你去哪儿了 |
[14:46] | The car is picking us up in half an hour. | 再过半个小时 车就要来接我们了 |
[14:51] | I really don’t want to be late,again. | 我真不想再迟到了 |
[14:53] | Could we try not to to be late again? | 我们能试着别迟到吗 |
[14:59] | Stephany finally found a table for the window. | 斯蒂凡尼终于找到一张桌子配这窗户 |
[15:01] | I like it. | 我很喜欢 |
[15:13] | 海普怀特设计的镶嵌饰画果木餐桌 1820年 16750美元 | |
[15:47] | I’m coming. | 我来了 |
[15:50] | Hello. | 你好 |
[15:53] | – Hello. – How are you? | -你好 -你好吗 |
[16:09] | Have got a sue, Bobby? | 最近被指控了吗 鲍比 |
[16:10] | All right, Jack. | 还好 杰克 |
[16:12] | Move any more high paying American jobs | 这周有没有聘国外的工人 |
[16:15] | off-shore agent general this week? | 来替代昂贵的本地工人 |
[16:17] | Mostly folks that are union busting now. | 大部分是工会的工人 |
[16:20] | I’m surprised you could make it. | 你能来我真惊讶 |
[16:22] | No early flight? No early golf game? | 不用早期赶飞机或打高尔夫吗 |
[16:26] | Those are the usual excuses, aren’t they? | 这些是你惯用的借口吧 |
[16:28] | – Hey, Bobby. – Hey, birthday girl. | -你好 鲍比 -你好 寿星女 |
[16:31] | I can not believe you’re 35. | 真不敢相信你三十五岁了 |
[16:33] | You don’t look a day over 21. | 你看起来才刚过二十一 |
[16:34] | Oh, see Jack, that’s how it’s done. | 看看 杰克 该这么说才行 |
[16:37] | You’re a liar, Bobby, but I love you for it. | 你骗人 鲍比 但我就喜欢你这点 |
[16:40] | – You need to get back to your post BBQ chef. – All right. | -你要重操旧业当烧烤大厨了 -好吧 |
[16:42] | Why don’t you grab yourself a drink, | 随意喝点什么吧 |
[16:44] | Bobby. We got margaritas in the blender… | 鲍比 果汁机里有玛格丽塔[鸡尾酒] |
[16:46] | we got some beers out back in the cooler. | 冰箱里还有啤酒 |
[16:47] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:02] | Now, that’s play action! | 庆典开始 |
[17:04] | And who better to introduce this year’s Man of the Year award … | 最适合介绍今年年度人物的人 |
[17:09] | than the man who’s known him longer. | 当属他的至交好友 |
[17:11] | Gene McClary is executive vice president | 吉恩·麦克拉里是GTX |
[17:14] | of GTX, Global Transportation Systems, | 即全球运输公司的执行副总裁 |
[17:17] | he is also, I am told, | 同时 据说也是 |
[17:20] | one of GTX’s… first employees. | GTX最早的员工之一 |
[17:21] | Gene McClary. | 欢迎吉恩·麦克拉里 |
[17:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:34] | Actually, if my memory serves me, | 事实上 要是我没记错的话 |
[17:35] | I was GTX’s only employee at the time. | 当时我是GTX唯一的员工 |
[17:38] | Nobody wanted Glouster Shipbuilding. | 没人愿接手格洛斯特船厂 |
[17:40] | Years of multibillion-dollar losses. | 它连年亏损了数十亿美元 |
[17:42] | Highest labor costs in the industry. | 还要支付工业领域里最高的劳务费 |
[17:44] | But, from those humble beginnings… | 但是 就这么白手起家 |
[17:47] | Jim was able to grow Glouster into GTX … | 吉姆把格洛斯特扩张为GTX |
[17:50] | with 60,000 employees | 拥有六万员工 |
[17:53] | and $11 Billion in gross annual revenue. | 和一百一十亿年收入 |
[18:01] | So it is my privilege to introduce my … oldest friend, … | 非常荣幸介绍我最早的朋友 |
[18:08] | College roommate … | 大学室友 |
[18:11] | Best Man at my wedding | 婚礼伴郎 |
[18:12] | and the worst tennis player I ever met. | 我遇过的最差劲的网球选手 |
[18:15] | Ladies and Gentlemen, my boss, Jim Salinger. | 女士们先生们 我的老板 吉姆·塞林格 |
[18:24] | Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. | 谢谢各位 |
[18:25] | Undoubtedly without a doubt, you don’t build a … | 毋庸置疑 如果没有吉恩·麦克拉里 |
[18:28] | company like GTX without the | 的支持和领导 |
[18:29] | support and leadership of a man like Gene McClary. | 就不会成就今日的GTX |
[18:42] | Executive office. | 行政办公室 |
[18:45] | Hi, Bobby Walker, GTX. | 你好 我是鲍比·沃克 来自GTX |
[18:47] | Down the hall. | 去会议室 |
[19:05] | Nice suit. | 这身西装不错 |
[19:08] | – Thanks. – Orientation? | -谢谢 -职业定向讲座吗 |
[19:10] | – Yeah – That way. | -对 -那边 |
[19:14] | – Thanks. – Do “the tige” for me. | -谢谢 -跟我一起喊”老虎” |
[19:16] | – What? – Down the hall. | -什么 -去会议室 |
[19:18] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:19] | First, let me tell you what we are not. | 首先 让我来告诉你们我们是什么 |
[19:23] | We’re not an employment agency. | 我们不是职介机构 |
[19:25] | We’re here to help you help yourself. | 我们是要帮助你们自助 |
[19:28] | Now, you all need to put together | 现在 你们要把所有朋友 |
[19:29] | a networking list of all your friends … | 把全部朋友绘出一张关系网 |
[19:31] | That’s suppliers, competitors, … | 包括供货商 竞争对手 |
[19:34] | people you sat next to at a convention … | 开会时坐在你旁边的人 |
[19:36] | neighbors, dentists, anybody, and everybody. | 邻居 牙医 所有人 |
[19:39] | You need a new resume. | 你需要一份新的简历 |
[19:40] | You’re going to sending out hundreds, so make it good. | 你要发出几百份 所以简历要做得很好 |
[19:45] | Endings. | 被拒 |
[19:47] | We’re not used to them. Fear. Anxiety. Loss. | 我们不习惯它们 恐惧紧张和失落 |
[19:52] | How many of you are feeling these things? | 你们谁有过这种感觉 |
[19:57] | Endings. Fear. Change. And finally … | 被拒之后恐惧而后改变 最终 |
[20:04] | Success. | 成功 |
[20:05] | Okay, everybody up. | 好了 所有人站起来 |
[20:07] | No use sitting around feeling sorry for ourselves. Up. Up. | 干坐着郁闷没有用 起来 起来 |
[20:10] | This is called “The Tiger”, | 这叫做”老虎” |
[20:11] | we do it when we need to get our energy up… | 我们需要充满能量的时候就这么做 |
[20:13] | I … will … win. | 我会赢 |
[20:17] | Why? I will show you why… | 为什么呢 我来告诉你们 |
[20:19] | because I have faith, courage, enthusiasm. | 因为我有信心 勇气和激情 |
[20:23] | Everybody, this time. | 这次大家一起来 |
[20:25] | – No thanks. – I will win. | -不用了 -我会赢 |
[20:30] | Why? Because I have faith, courage, enthusiasm. | 为什么 因为我有信心 勇气和激情 |
[20:34] | Good. I will win. | 很好 我会赢 |
[20:37] | Did Bobby Walker call back? | 鲍比·沃克回过电话吗 |
[20:39] | – Yeah, last night. – Did he leave a message? | -有 昨晚 -他有留言吗 |
[20:41] | Not one I can repeat. | 都是脏话我复述不出来 |
[20:42] | See if he can come by for lunch today. | 问问他今天能不能来吃午饭 |
[20:44] | Stock’s up six. Not bad. | 股价又涨了六块 不错 |
[20:46] | My 401k is all GTX. | 我的养老金都买了GTX |
[20:49] | If this continues, I may get to retire before I’m 80. | 要是再这么下去 我大概得八十岁才能退休 |
[20:52] | With Ship Systems and rail Products merging, | 随着船务和铁路产品部门的合并 |
[20:54] | we are reassigning sales regions. | 我们要重新划分销售区域 |
[20:57] | How are we doing with Royal Caribbean? | 皇家加勒比那边怎么样 |
[20:59] | They’re nervous. | 他们十分担心 |
[21:00] | Don’t like seeing us on Bloomberg every fifteen minutes. | 不想看到我们频繁上彭博社的新闻 |
[21:04] | Well,calm them down. We need that boat. | 让他们平静下来 我们需要那艘船 |
[21:06] | How are we suppose to cover | 人手只有原来的一半 |
[21:07] | the same number of accounts with half the staff? | 我们怎么照顾得过来原先那么多客户 |
[21:09] | I’m already gone two weeks out of four? | 我一个月里有一半时间都在出差 |
[21:10] | What am I supposed to tell my kids? | 我怎么跟我的孩子们交代 |
[21:11] | Tell them you’re lucky you still have a job. | 就告诉他们说你很幸运 还没被解雇 |
[21:14] | Inactive accounts. | 关于不活跃客户 |
[21:16] | I want to know what we’re going to do to get the business back. | 我想知道我们怎样挽回那些生意 |
[21:17] | Client by client. | 逐个跟踪 |
[21:27] | It’s taken. | 这儿有人 |
[21:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:33] | – Come in here. – Thanks. | -来这儿吧 -谢谢 |
[21:37] | Appreciate it. | 感激不尽 |
[21:41] | – Friendly bunch. – You are the enemy. | -搞帮派 -你是敌人 |
[21:42] | Another warm body they got to claw their way over … | 他们踩需要踏着别人的尸体 |
[21:45] | to get back to the corporate feeding trough. | 才能回到原来的食槽 |
[21:47] | Yet, you’re not threatened. | 你怎么没感到威胁 |
[21:48] | I’m a very secure individual. | 我特立独行 |
[21:49] | Besides, you do not look like an engineer. | 再说 你看着也不像工程师 |
[21:53] | – MBA? – Yeah. | -工商管理硕士吗 -对 |
[21:56] | You know you’re on a guided missle system | 你在导弹系统上 |
[21:58] | but the system we can base has a flaw. | 但系统确出现了问题 |
[22:00] | Your previous employer has spared no expense. | 你的前任老板出手大方 |
[22:03] | Fax machine, xerox, coffee. | 传真机 复印机 咖啡应有尽有 |
[22:07] | How was orientation? | 职业定向讲座如何 |
[22:07] | I felt like someone was going to | 感觉就像被人洗脑一样 |
[22:09] | shave my head and make me beat a drum. | 在脑中嗡嗡作响 |
[22:12] | What do you got to do to get yourself in one of those offices? | 怎样才能进那些办公室 |
[22:15] | The companies have to pay extra for one of those. | 他们的公司需要为他们付额外的钱 |
[22:18] | Exec VPs and above, mostly. | 那些人以前多是执行副总以上 |
[22:20] | Corner one has an Eastman Kodak CFO in it. | 伊斯门柯达前财务总监在第一个拐角处 |
[22:24] | How long they give you? | 他们给你多久的补偿 |
[22:26] | Three months, full salary, | 三个月 全额工资 |
[22:27] | four months out placement. How about you? | 四个月岗外安置服务 你呢 |
[22:30] | Nine months of both. | 两样都是九个月 |
[22:32] | What I’ve been here for. | 我来这里也九个月了 |
[22:33] | It won’t take me more than a few days. | 我用不了几天就能找到 |
[22:36] | No offense. | 没别的意思 |
[22:40] | None taken. | 没关系 |
[22:46] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉 我迟到了 |
[22:49] | – How are you holding up? – Good. | -还撑得住吗 -还好 |
[22:52] | Maggie all right? | 麦琪还好吗 |
[22:53] | Yeah, she’s great, we’re fine. | 她很好 我们都很好 |
[22:56] | A Gimlet on the rocks. | 一杯螺丝钻加冰 |
[23:02] | It wasn’t my call, Bobby. | 这不是我的提议 鲍比 |
[23:06] | Salinger is under a lot of pressure to boost the stock price … | 塞林格承受着巨大的提升股价的压力 |
[23:08] | before somebody buys in and makes them break up the company. | 以免有人恶意收购后分裂公司 |
[23:12] | We’ll lose a lot more jobs | 比起缩减公司规模 |
[23:13] | in a merger than we have in this downsizing. | 被兼并将会导致更多人失业 |
[23:15] | Are you trying to appealing to | 你是想唤起 |
[23:16] | my sense of the greater corporate good? | 我为公司牺牲小我的意识吗 |
[23:18] | I’ve been calling in some markers. | 我一直在拜访老朋友 |
[23:19] | Tom Borden over at Lockheed… | 洛克希德公司的汤姆·博登 |
[23:21] | Pat Leahy at Raytheon. | 雷神公司的帕特·莱希 |
[23:23] | You’ll recognize most of them. | 他们你大多都认识的 |
[23:32] | Come on, let’s get something to eat. | 好了 我们点东西吃吧 |
[23:35] | I lost my my appetite. | 我没胃口 |
[23:38] | Take the list, Bobby. | 鲍比 拿走这份名单 |
[23:40] | Don’t bother reassigning my accounts. | 别费事重新分派我的客户了 |
[23:42] | I’m going to steal them back from you | 当我从竞争对手那里得到工作 |
[23:43] | when I get a job with the competition. | 我会把客户都偷过去 |
[24:13] | – How did it go? – Great. | -怎么样了 -很好 |
[24:15] | – Yeah? – Good | -是吗 -对 |
[24:17] | I lunched with Gene. He gave me some names. | 我和吉恩一起吃午饭了 他给了我一些名单 |
[24:21] | That’s big of him. | 他人还挺好 |
[24:23] | – I mean, he didn’t have to do anything. You know – Yeah. | -他没必要这样做 -是 |
[24:26] | So, what is all this? | 这都是什么 |
[24:28] | Uh, our mortgage is resetting next month. | 下月房贷的利息要涨了 |
[24:31] | With that and paying off the orthodontist, | 加上要付清的牙齿矫正师的 |
[24:34] | and last summer’s Disneyworld trip … | 还有去年夏天迪斯尼之旅的钱 |
[24:36] | we don’t have much of a cushion left. | 我们剩下的连买坐垫都不够了 |
[24:38] | We don’t need a cushion. | 刚好我们也不需要坐垫 |
[24:40] | Car payments, credit cards, sports tickets… | 车贷 卡债 体育赛事门票 |
[24:44] | I told you, I’m splitting the tickets with Darrel this year. | 我说过了 今年我跟达瑞尔拼票 |
[24:47] | Okay, well, just eating out and | 好吧 仅是外出吃饭 |
[24:49] | doing the damn dry cleaning is costing us $600 a month. | 和该死的干洗费每月就六百块 |
[24:53] | – I was thinking maybe I could go back to work. – Uh,uh. | -我曾想再去工作 -不用 |
[24:55] | But, not full-time, just a few shifts per week. | 当然不是全职的 一个星期干几班就好 |
[24:58] | No. | 不行 |
[25:00] | TREM needs a new general sales manager. | 特姆公司在招销售总经理 |
[25:02] | I called Bryan Collins | 我已经打电话预约 |
[25:03] | about breakfast with him next week. | 与布莱恩·柯林斯共进早餐 |
[25:05] | OK, Well, we’re going to need to cut back.. | 好吧 我们要削减开支了 |
[25:07] | Cancel skiing at Christmas … | 取消圣诞滑雪 |
[25:08] | stop paying the club dues for a while. | 暂停付俱乐部会员费 |
[25:10] | If things get really bad, | 如果事情实在太糟 |
[25:11] | I could bag groceries and be in the corner … | 我可以卖些小杂货… |
[25:13] | Don’t be a jerk. Okay. | 别跟我开玩笑 行不 |
[25:17] | No more big purchases. | 不要购置大件物品 |
[25:19] | Just eat at home more. | 只在家吃饭 |
[25:22] | Hello. | 喂 |
[25:24] | Hey, Kevin. Yeah. | 你好 凯文 对 |
[25:27] | Yeah, let me get him for you. He’s right here. | 对 我让他接电话 他就在这儿 |
[25:29] | What? | 什么 |
[25:30] | He read about the layoffs in the newspaper. | 他在报纸上看到裁员的消息了 |
[25:32] | – So what? – You going to tell him? | -那又怎样 -你要告诉他吗 |
[25:34] | No, I am not going to tell him | 不 我不会告诉他 |
[25:35] | because I don’t want a lecture on responsibility. | 我可不想听责任教育课 |
[25:43] | Hey, Dad. What’s going on? | 老爸 怎么了 |
[25:46] | It was all manufacturing. | 那都是制造部的事 |
[25:49] | They offered me the CEO job. | 他们让我去做部门经理 |
[25:51] | I had to turn them down. | 我都不得不推掉了 |
[25:53] | I come … bearing gifts… | 我带了好东西来 |
[25:56] | Vintage 40 year old, single malt? | 四十年的纯麦威士忌 |
[25:58] | – Nice! – It better be. | -很好 -最好是 |
[26:02] | Straight sent it over. That bastard. | 直接送过来的 那混蛋 |
[26:09] | – That’s Alaska. – Yeah. | -阿拉斯加 -是 |
[26:12] | Goddamn it, Gene, Those were good times. | 妈的 吉恩 那真是美好时光 |
[26:15] | Alaska. | 阿拉斯加 |
[26:19] | Well, You and Cynthia thinking | 你和辛西娅来参加 |
[26:21] | about joining us at Sun Valley for new years? | 在森瓦利的新年庆祝活动吗 |
[26:24] | I do not know if we can, | 我不知道能不能去 |
[26:26] | Neil’s been talking about coming home for | 尼尔一直说想回家 |
[26:27] | Christmas with Susan and the kids. | 跟苏珊和孩子们过圣诞节 |
[26:29] | I know, bring ’em along, Grandpa. | 我知道 带他们一起来 |
[26:30] | Kate would probably think she died and gone to Heaven | 凯特想她死后能到天堂 |
[26:32] | with a bunch of kids running around. | 跟一大群孩子们一起玩 |
[26:39] | I can’t have you challenge me | 我不能让你高级职员面前 |
[26:41] | in front of the senior staff. | 威胁到我的权威 |
[26:43] | They respect you. Question my judgement, | 他们敬重你 却质疑我的判断 |
[26:45] | you undermine my authority. | 你削弱了我的权威 |
[26:49] | I need to know. Can I count on your full support? | 我想知道 你会全力支持我吗 |
[26:56] | Good. | 很好 |
[27:12] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[27:16] | I had lunch with Bobby Walker, today. | 今天 我跟鲍比·沃克吃午饭了 |
[27:18] | I thought he was going to throw a drink in my face. | 我原本以为他会泼饮料到我脸上呢 |
[27:21] | You were his boss, Gene, not his father. | 吉恩 你是他前上司 不是老爸 |
[27:27] | Sue and I are thinking about going | 苏珊跟我想在 |
[27:29] | down to Palm Beach for a weekend later on this month, … | 月底的周末去棕榈滩度假 |
[27:32] | You know, some shopping, some golf. | 就是购购物 打打高尔夫 |
[27:34] | Can you get us one of the corporate jets? | 你能到帮我们安排一班公务飞机吗 |
[27:41] | Fine, we’ll fly commercial. | 好吧 那我们乘商业飞机 |
[27:46] | Stock closed up 2, today. | 今天股票收盘时涨了两块 |
[27:49] | My option’s worth half a million dollars more than | 我的期权比我早上醒来时 |
[27:51] | when I awoke up this morning. | 增值了五十万美元 |
[28:13] | Do you need me to stay, Mr. Woodward? | 你需要我留下来吗 伍德沃德先生 |
[28:16] | Aah. No thanks, Nan. | 不用了 楠 |
[28:21] | We’ll see you tomorrow. | 我们明天见 |
[29:22] | Don’t even think about eating all the candy you get at school. | 在学校别想把发的糖全吃了 |
[29:25] | Three pieces. That’s it. | 最多只能吃三个 就这些 |
[29:27] | You look disgusting. You know that. | 看起来真恶心 你知道的 |
[29:34] | So, I called Bridget and made an appointment. | 我打电话约了布里吉特 |
[29:38] | – Who? – Realtor. | -谁 -房产中介 |
[29:42] | I think we should at least list it. | 我们至少应该把它列入求购名单 |
[29:45] | See if we get any offers. | 看看是否有人出价 |
[29:46] | We’re not going to sell the house. | 我们又没打算卖房子 |
[29:47] | We don’t have to accept an offer. | 我们不必要接受出价 |
[29:49] | But, with thee market so bad … | 但现在市场这么不景气 |
[29:50] | it may take us a while to sell it. | 要卖掉它需要一段时间 |
[29:51] | You know. We’d get stuck. | 我们正面临困境 |
[29:54] | We’re not gonna to get stuck. | 我们不会陷入困境的 |
[30:01] | – How do I look? – Highly employable. | -我看起来怎么样 -非常值得聘用的 |
[30:14] | Bridget? | 还约布里吉特吗 |
[30:17] | Come on, we’re not going to sell the house. | 拜托 我们不会卖掉房子的 |
[30:21] | – Have a good day. – Okay. | -祝你今天好运 -好 |
[30:35] | All right, great, call me next week | 好吧 下周联系我 |
[30:36] | I should have an answer for you. | 到时候就应该出结果了 |
[30:38] | – Who’s next? – Mr. Walker. | -下一个是谁 -沃克先生 |
[30:41] | Mr. Walker, I’m Joyce Robertson. | 沃克先生 我是乔伊斯·罗伯逊 |
[30:43] | Sorry to keep you waiting. | 抱歉让你久等了 |
[30:45] | Would you mind if I like something to eat? | 你介意我吃点东西吗 |
[30:48] | I have another meeting right after you. | 在你之后我还要面试个人 |
[30:50] | Go right ahead. | 请随意 |
[30:51] | So, it looks like you worked at GTX for twelve years. | 那么 你在GTX工作了十二年 |
[30:53] | I did, divisional sales leader for three of those years. | 是 其中三年是部门销售冠军 |
[30:56] | I’m surprised they let you go. | 我很惊讶他们竟然把你解雇了 |
[30:59] | You and me, both. | 我也是 |
[31:00] | You handled regional sales? | 你做过地区销售吗 |
[31:02] | Came up in regional sales. | 是地区销售出身的 |
[31:03] | 混凝土 化工 航空航天和和电子等方面 在美国市场名列前矛的企业 | |
[31:03] | I worked for Martin-Marrietta in California. | 我曾在加拿大马丁·玛丽埃塔公司任职 |
[31:06] | Well, we’re looking to expand in the South. | 很好 我们准备拓展南方的市场 |
[31:08] | We need someone in Little Rock. | 所以需要人去小岩城 |
[31:10] | In Arkansas! | 那在阿肯色州 |
[31:13] | – Is relocation a problem? – No, no. | -去别的城市有问题吗 -不行 |
[31:17] | Um, I had hoped to stay here because I’m from the area… | 我希望留在这里 我来自… |
[31:21] | You left the salary space blank on your application. | 你在申请表的工资栏留白了 |
[31:25] | Well, you know, that’s a negotiation. | 这个需要商量 |
[31:30] | I was making 120 at GTX, plus incentives. | 我原先在GTX年薪十二万外加提成 |
[31:32] | But, I know that times are different now… | 但我知道现在情况不同了 |
[31:35] | I’d be willing to accept 110 and hope for bonuses. | 我愿意接受十一万加红利 |
[31:39] | Well, our base salary is 65 thousand a year for … | 我们给区域销售总监的基本工资 |
[31:42] | regional sales directors. | 是每年六万五 |
[31:46] | I responded to an ad for the vice president of marketing. | 我应聘的是广告中的市场营销副总裁 |
[31:48] | We’ve had a number of | 这个职位我们有很多 |
[31:49] | highly qualified applicants for that position. | 高素质的应聘者 |
[31:52] | I’m a highly qualified applicant for that position! | 我就是能胜任这个职位的人 |
[31:57] | I am a highly applicant qualified for that position! | 我就是能胜任这个职位的人 |
[32:04] | Excuse me, sorry. | 抱歉 我得走了 |
[32:06] | Must have had too many cups of coffee while I was out there … | 肯定是在外边等的时候喝太多咖啡了 |
[32:09] | While I was waiting | 我在等候室 |
[32:09] | in your fucking waiting room for two hours. | 他妈的等了两个小时 |
[32:11] | Thanks for your time, Joyce. | 谢谢你的接待 乔伊斯 |
[32:13] | Just between the two of us … | 跟你说句悄悄话 |
[32:14] | you should probably skip the diet cokes. | 别喝可乐了 |
[32:18] | Jim is worried. Thinks we’re a target. | 吉姆很担心 认为有人企图并购我们 |
[32:20] | What makes him think you can get together that much money | 在经济萧条时他凭什么认为 |
[32:22] | in the middle of a recession? Huh? | 你能筹集这么多钱 |
[32:24] | – But, he does. – Then what? He splits us up? | -但他真信 -然后呢 他想分裂我们 |
[32:26] | Knock off the health care unit…Rail products… | 关掉医疗部 铁路产品部 |
[32:28] | Close Glouster. | 关闭格洛斯特船厂 |
[32:30] | We still have consumer electronics and the Department of Defense. | 我们还有家电部和国防事物部 |
[32:33] | We’re bargaining. | 我们仍在交涉 |
[32:35] | One more quarter we’ll be able to | 再争得四分之一的票数我们就能 |
[32:38] | put together enough votes to have a proxy battle | 我们就能发起代理权争夺战 |
[32:40] | and install his damn Board. | 控制他那该死的董事会 |
[32:44] | But Jim’s not going to give up without a fight. | 但是吉姆不会不战而降 |
[32:46] | I’m sure he’s already got someone out there | 我想他肯定已经派人出去 |
[32:46] | looking for a ‘white knight’. | 寻找”白衣骑士”了 |
[32:48] | Keets, maybe Roberts, somebody with deep pockets. | 基茨或者罗伯茨 那些大亨 |
[32:53] | What? | 怎么了 |
[32:55] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[32:58] | Tell me more about capital depreciation to manufacturing assets. | 多讲讲制造型资产的资产折旧 |
[33:12] | Office. | 公事 |
[33:14] | Senior staff at 3:30. | 三点半高级职员开会 |
[33:16] | Reschedule. | 延期 |
[33:17] | – I can’t. – How about lunch again next Tuesday? | -不行 -下周二再吃午饭怎么样 |
[33:20] | I don’t think not. | 可以 |
[34:02] | John Scott, please. | 请转约翰·斯科特 |
[34:03] | Bob Walker. | 鲍比·沃克 |
[34:05] | No, he doesn’t know me. | 不 他不认识我 |
[34:06] | Mike Talbot recommended me from Unicore. | 优美科公司的迈克·塔博特推荐我来的 |
[34:09] | He said that Mr. Geller may | 他说盖勒先生 |
[34:11] | have an opening for a senior sales associate. | 可能缺一名资深销售 |
[34:13] | Okay, that’s too bad. | 好吧 太糟糕了 |
[34:16] | That’s okay, | 没事 |
[34:16] | it’s not the first time I’ve heard it. Goodbye. | 我不是第一次听到这话了 再见 |
[34:19] | $65 an hour for oilrig workers in the North Atlantic … | 北大西洋的钻油工人每小时薪金六十五块 |
[34:23] | another thousand a week | 每周再给一千块奖金 |
[34:24] | if you’ve got your deep sea diver certification. | 前提是你拿到深海潜水员证书 |
[34:27] | Doesn’t everybody? | 不是人人都有吗 |
[34:27] | I got mine last year at the “Y”. | 我去年在游戏里拿到了 |
[34:29] | 6 of clubs on the 7 of hearts… | 梅花六放红桃七那里 |
[34:31] | Sally Willcocks, please. | 请接萨莉·威尔考克 |
[34:33] | Construction, hazardous waste removal, aircraft mechanic… | 建筑工人 危险废物处理员 飞机技师 |
[34:36] | Thank God, I got my Doctorate, huh. | 天哪 我可是有博士学位的人 |
[34:38] | Hey, is she in, it’s Bob Walker calling. | 是萨莉在听电话吗 我是鲍比·沃克 |
[34:40] | He’s calling her again. | 他又打她电话了 |
[34:41] | Hi, Sally. Bob Walker. | 你好 萨莉 我是鲍比·沃克 |
[34:44] | Uh, thanks for not return any of my calls. | 谢谢你没回复我的电话 |
[34:46] | If you do return my call, | 如果你回我电话我 |
[34:48] | I would love know why you fired me … without any notice, | 我想知道你为什么毫无征兆地辞退我 |
[34:50] | you fucking cowardly bitch. | 你个蠢婊子 |
[34:53] | Gee… I know why she never calls you back. | 天哪 我知道她为什么从不回复你了 |
[34:57] | This feels good, though. | 但骂得很爽 |
[35:00] | You know what, Hefe? It’s quiting time. | 暴躁鬼 该走了 |
[35:03] | Quiting time? It’s 3:30? | 该走了吗 这才三点半 |
[35:07] | I can only take so much rejection. | 我只能承受这么多拒绝 |
[35:09] | I’m thirst. Who’s coming? Conal? | 我渴了 谁跟我去 科纳尔来吗 |
[35:11] | – Sure, why not? – I’m in. | -好 何乐而不为 我也去 |
[35:17] | Well, if you two are going, it’s going to be good. | 你们也去的话 一定是个好主意 |
[35:23] | How much? | 多少 |
[35:24] | The CC finally says 3.8 percent. | 一共增长了三点八个百分点 |
[35:27] | He’s just trying to boost our stock. | 他只是在抬高我们的股票价 |
[35:30] | Get’s it up 10 a share, | 让它每股涨十美元 |
[35:31] | he walks away with a couple hundred million. | 然后就提走数亿资金 |
[35:36] | He wants more than a couple hundred million, | 他的目标可不是几亿美元 |
[35:38] | he wants the company. | 他想要整个公司 |
[35:39] | Our share price is still too low … | 我们的股价还是太低 |
[35:42] | it’s making us a very tempting target. | 这会让我们成为诱人的目标 |
[35:44] | Paul, your office is over there. | 保罗 你的办公室在这儿 |
[35:47] | All for legal? | 整个法律部的吗 |
[35:49] | No, this is just for the five of us. | 不是 只是我们五个人的 |
[35:51] | CFO’s office… | 财务总监的办公室 |
[35:52] | David, Noah, you are over here. | 戴维 诺亚 你们的在这儿 |
[35:54] | Conference room, private dining, | 会议室 私人餐厅 |
[35:57] | bathrooms with showers, gym, kitchen. | 浴室 体育馆 厨房 |
[36:00] | Gene, come here. | 吉恩 过来 |
[36:04] | This is you. | 这儿是你的 |
[36:08] | Now, don’t get too excited. My office is going to be much bigger. | 别太兴奋 我的办公室会大很多 |
[36:12] | What do you think? | 你们觉得怎么样 |
[36:13] | – Beautiful! – This is amazing! | -漂亮至极 -太棒了 |
[36:15] | Floor to ceiling glass … | 大型落地窗 |
[36:47] | Hey, help me. | 帮我一下 |
[36:49] | – Help you? You need Help? – Yes | -你需要帮忙吗 -是的 |
[36:52] | – How are you? – You smell like a brewery. | -你怎么样了 -你喝酒了吗 |
[36:56] | What’s Drew doing? | 德鲁在干什么 |
[36:59] | – Waiting for you. – Me? Why? | -等你 -为什么等我 |
[37:03] | He’s worried about you. | 他很担心你 |
[37:19] | – Okay. Wait up! – Okay. | -好 等等我 -好 |
[37:27] | What’s going on out here, Bud? | 怎么了 小朋友 |
[37:31] | I’m not a baby. I can handle stuff. | 我不是小孩子 我能面对事情 |
[37:58] | I lost my job. | 我失去了工作 |
[38:04] | What did you think it was? | 你以为发生什么了 |
[38:06] | You and mom, maybe. | 也许是你和妈妈之间 |
[38:10] | Me and mom are all right. | 我和你妈妈很好 |
[38:13] | You’ll get another one, right? | 你会找到另一份的吧 |
[38:16] | Yeah. | 对 |
[38:19] | Hey, you don’t have to worry about me, okay? | 你不必为我担心 知道吗 |
[38:24] | Hey, look at me. | 看着我 |
[38:28] | You don’t have to worry. I’m your Dad. | 你不必担心 我是你爸 |
[38:35] | It’ll be fine, okay? | 一切都会好起来的 |
[38:39] | Lipton stepped up his campaign for changes at GTX. | 利普顿加快了他在GTX的内战的步伐 |
[38:43] | issuing a letter to shareholders | 他发信给股东 |
[38:45] | accusing executives of mismanagement. | 指控高管管理不善 |
[38:48] | – What does it all mean? – Nothing good. | -这是什么意思 -情况很坏 |
[38:53] | Do you need something, Phil? | 有事吗 菲尔 |
[38:56] | We lost Royal Caribbean. | 我们失去了皇家加勒比的船 |
[39:16] | Bring the cranberry jelly. | 把蔓越莓酱拿过来 |
[39:18] | – Let me help you with that. – Thank you. | -我帮你拿 -谢谢 |
[39:21] | Okay. | 好了 |
[39:25] | – How’s business, Jack? – Business? | -杰克 生意怎么样了 -生意 |
[39:28] | Well, we got a big renovation in Rocksbury, | 我们在洛克布里得到了大修工程 |
[39:29] | next to the house we did last year. | 就在我们去年翻修的房子隔壁 |
[39:31] | And a nice bonus when I finish by September. | 九月份竣工就能得到可观的报酬 |
[39:35] | If you finish by September. | 如果你九月份能完成 |
[39:38] | Whenever you’re ready to plumb the place, give me a call. | 你准备安装管道的时候通知我 |
[39:39] | – I’ve got a special on Kohler. – Good. | -我在科勒有人 -好 |
[39:44] | How’s work Bobby? | 鲍比 工作如何了 |
[39:46] | Good, Jack. | 很好 杰克 |
[39:46] | Got any more dollar a day Laotian preschoolers … | 每天比在曼谷帮人缝网球鞋 |
[39:50] | to stitch tennis shoes for you in Bangkok. | 的老挝童工挣得多 |
[39:54] | I’m in manufacturing, Jack. | 我在制造业 杰克 |
[39:54] | The dollar a day Laotian preschooler… | 老挝童工一天赚的 |
[39:56] | isn’t tall enough to turn the screws on diesel engines. | 还不够换柴油机的螺丝钉 |
[40:02] | You know, I was reading about | 那天我在《环球时报》上 |
[40:03] | your guy Salinger in the Globe the other day. | 上看到你们公司的塞林格了 |
[40:05] | Now do you read, now? Good. | 你现在能读报了吗 真棒 |
[40:07] | Only small words. | 只看得懂一点 |
[40:08] | Ya, said he,…said he won 700 | 报上说他去年的年薪是 |
[40:10] | times what the average GTX worker made last year. | GTX工人平均工资的七百倍 |
[40:15] | What do you think, | 你怎么看 |
[40:16] | Salinger works 700 times harder than | 塞林格的工作比 |
[40:17] | a welder pounding hot rivets | 焊工往油轮上钉热铆钉一整天 |
[40:20] | into a tanker hull all day? | 要辛苦七百倍吗 |
[40:22] | Why don’t we say Grace | 我们念祈祷词吧 |
[40:23] | so the kids can start? | 这样孩子们就可以开动了 |
[40:26] | Okay, Carson, would do the honors? | 好 卡森 你来说好吗 |
[40:30] | Dear God, thank you for the food | 感谢上帝赐予我们食物 |
[40:32] | and for letting us be together on Thanksgiving, | 让我们在感恩节欢聚一堂 |
[40:35] | and for everyone being okay. | 保佑我们幸福平安 |
[40:38] | And, please help my dad find a job … | 并且请帮助我爸早日找到工作 |
[40:40] | So he won’t be unhappy all the time. Amen. | 这样他就不会一直不开心 阿门 |
[40:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[40:50] | It’s a nice table, Fran. | 桌子真不错 弗兰 |
[40:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:04] | You know, if things get tough, | 如果事情变得更糟 |
[41:06] | I can always use some extra help this winter. | 这个冬天我一直需要帮工 |
[41:10] | Like doing dry wall? | 比如刷墙吗 |
[41:12] | Yeah, it’ll be lots of work. | 对 有很多工作 |
[41:13] | We’ve got 4,000 sq ft. Gutting the place … | 我们有四千平方英尺的墙 |
[41:15] | Thanks, Jack, but I don’t … | 谢了 杰克 但我不需要 |
[41:18] | exactly see myself pounding nails. You know. | 尤其不想去砸钉子 |
[41:23] | Appreciate it. | 还是要感谢你 |
[41:34] | Your husband is such a dick. | 你老公真牛气 |
[41:42] | Goldman Sachs is doing due diligence for Lipton… | 高盛公司正尽职尽责地为利普顿评估 |
[41:45] | Scott & Arps is snooping around for somebody, | 斯科特和阿普斯正四处找人 |
[41:47] | maybe, Allied out of Moscow. | 也许就是莫斯科外的联盟 |
[41:49] | What is the top price they’ll pay? | 他们最高能付是多少 |
[41:51] | According to market value at 100 | 根据市值来看是每股一百 |
[41:52] | All right, so we need to get the stock to 102. | 那我们要让股票涨到一百零二 |
[41:57] | That’s 17 more a share. | 那就是每股涨十七美元 |
[41:58] | Yeah, I can add, Noah. | 是的 我可以增股 诺亚 |
[42:00] | We’re already in danger | 我们本来就面临 |
[42:00] | of missing our quarterly. | 失掉四分之一控制权的危险 |
[42:02] | If we’re fooling around and miss our numbers again, we… | 如果还愚蠢地继续损失股权 我们… |
[42:04] | No, we don’t need to get the stock to 100. | 不 我们没必要让它涨到一百 |
[42:06] | we get in the mid 90s and show a positive trend. | 我们让它在九十几并呈现上涨的趋势 |
[42:08] | How can we supposed to boost the share price again? | 我们怎样才能刺激股票价格上涨 |
[42:15] | Increased efficiencies lowering costs … | 挺高效率 降低成本 |
[42:17] | More downsizing. | 再大幅裁员 |
[42:18] | Suppose we try that stunt again | 设想我们做这种蠢事 |
[42:19] | and the stock stalls at 90. | 而股价却停留在九十几 |
[42:20] | Increasing market value isn’t a stunt. | 增加市值不是蠢事 |
[42:22] | We should as least consider alternatives. | 我们至少要考虑一个备选方案 |
[42:23] | How about selling the health care group? | 卖掉保健部怎么样 |
[42:25] | What! | 什么 |
[42:27] | Maybe Lipton’s right. | 也许利普顿是对的 |
[42:28] | Gene, come on, | 吉恩 拜托 |
[42:29] | health care is the only division exhibiting any growth. | 保健部是唯一显示增长的部门 |
[42:31] | I’m not breaking up the company. | 我不会拆散公司 |
[42:34] | All right, how about selling the new headquarters building? | 那好 把新总部大楼卖掉怎样 |
[42:38] | We’re going to need that space. | 我们需要那地方 |
[42:39] | Not if we keep firing people, we’re not. | 如果继续裁员 就用不着了 |
[42:41] | I’m not selling the new building! | 我不会卖新大楼 |
[42:52] | Get a hold of Human Resources have them start making up a list | 找人力部让他们开始做 |
[42:55] | for another round of downsizing. | 新一轮裁员名单 |
[43:01] | Jim … Wait a minute, Jim. | 吉姆 等等 吉姆 |
[43:05] | Can you guys give us a minute? | 让我和他单独说几句 |
[43:10] | What do you want me to do… parrot back everything you say? | 你想我怎样 完全按你说的做吗 |
[43:12] | I’ve always told you what I thought. | 我总是对你直言不讳 |
[43:15] | Right or wrong. And this … is wrong. | 无论对错 但这肯定是错的 |
[43:17] | I’m late for a meeting. | 我开会要迟到了 |
[43:19] | I’m not going to be able to meet the mortgage next month. | 我们付不起下月的房贷了 |
[43:27] | I talked to Bridget. | 我和布里吉特谈了 |
[43:28] | She thinks if we price the house low enough, … | 她认为如果我们把价格降得够低 |
[43:31] | we’ll be able to get as much 850 thousand for it. | 也许八十五万能卖出去 |
[43:39] | That’s less than when we got it? | 低于我们购买时的价格吧 |
[43:42] | It doesn’t matter how much we got in it. | 别管我们多少钱买的了 |
[43:46] | The mortgage resets in three weeks. | 房贷三周后就提利率了 |
[43:50] | We’ll end up in foreclosure. | 最后房子会失去赎回权而被拍卖 |
[43:52] | We won’t have enough money to put down on another house. | 我们会没钱再买座房子 |
[43:56] | We’re not going to be able | 只靠我的薪水 |
[43:57] | to qualify for another house on just my salary. | 我们不可能再成功申请房贷 |
[44:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[44:03] | Where do we end up, pitch a tent in the park? | 我们最后会住哪儿 在公园扎帐篷吗 |
[44:07] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -对 -好吧 |
[44:13] | We can move in with your folks. | 我们可以搬去你父母那儿 |
[44:16] | – No. – They have 2 extra two bedrooms. | -不行 -他们有两间多的卧室 |
[44:19] | Maggie, we’re not living with my parents. | 麦琪 我们不能和父母住一起 |
[44:21] | It would just be temporary. | 只是暂时的 |
[44:25] | I choose death. I opt for death. | 我死也不去 |
[44:28] | No, I’d have to kill myself, first. | 不去 除非我先杀了我自己 |
[44:34] | Jack offered you a job the other day | 杰克那天为你提供了份工作 |
[44:36] | and you shut him down pretty hard. | 你却一口回绝了 |
[44:38] | Can you imagine that? Me, working for your brother? | 你能想象吗 我给你哥打工 |
[44:45] | Just trying to help. | 他只是想帮上忙 |
[44:47] | How, by letting me hang drywall? | 怎么帮 让我刷墙吗 |
[44:50] | You’re in great shape. | 你又可以练回强健的身材 |
[44:52] | Calluses, tan. | 满手老茧 皮肤黝黑 |
[44:55] | In the middle of winter. | 在大冬天吗 |
[44:57] | You’ve got big broad shoulders… | 扛那些笨重的木材 |
[45:00] | from carrying all that heavy lumber. | 使你的肩膀厚实宽广 |
[45:04] | I have to wake up early, baby. | 我还得早起 宝贝 |
[45:25] | Bobby Walker keeps leaving me messages. | 鲍比·沃克不停地给我打电话 |
[45:29] | My assistant thinks he’s psychotic. | 我助手觉得他疯了 |
[45:30] | She wants to get a restraining order. | 她想申请限制令 |
[45:33] | I’m sure you’ve gotten worse. | 你最近肯定不好过 |
[45:39] | So what do you think? | 你觉得怎样 |
[45:40] | Get away for a day or two of skiing at Christmas? | 圣诞出去滑雪一两天 |
[45:43] | I do not know, I’ll have to see. | 不知道 到时候看看 |
[45:46] | Have they got you started on that new list, yet? | 他让你开始做那份新名单了吗 |
[45:52] | I was at the meeting, Sally. | 开会时我也在 萨莉 |
[45:55] | – Yesterday. – How many? | -昨天 -多少 |
[45:59] | – How many? – Five thousand. | -多少 -五千 |
[46:02] | Well, what is the criteria for getting canned this time? | 这次解雇的标准是什么 |
[46:05] | Gerry Hunt’s put on a few pounds. | 格里·亨特胖了几磅 |
[46:07] | Maybe, we should let him go. | 也许我们该辞退他 |
[46:08] | And I hear Jill Carter has cancer. | 我还听说吉尔·卡特有癌症 |
[46:11] | We could save a bundle on her insurance premiums. | 我们可以在她身上省不少保险费 |
[46:19] | Sally. | 萨莉 |
[46:24] | Hey, millionaire boys club? | 等等 百万富翁俱乐部 |
[46:26] | How’s the plotting going? | 计划进行得怎样了 |
[46:28] | Are you still safe on the top of Fortune 500 list? | 你还在财富五百强名单上吗 |
[46:31] | How’s you’re job search going, Bobby? | 工作找得怎样了 鲍比 |
[46:32] | Good actually. Real good. They’re out there. | 实际上不错 很好 到处都有 |
[46:34] | Mr. Conners, you’re groups on for the first tee. | 康纳斯先生 你们在第一球区 |
[46:37] | – I can play with you? – Come on. | -也许我该先和你来? -走吧 |
[46:39] | Mr. Walker. | 沃克先生 |
[46:41] | Can I speak to you for a moment? | 能和你单独说几句吗 |
[46:46] | Hey, what the hell’s going on? | 到底是怎么回事 |
[46:50] | I got thrown off the course at the club. | 我在俱乐部被赶出球场了 |
[46:51] | Keep your voice down. | 小声点 |
[46:52] | We haven’t paid the dues since October? | 我们十月后就没交过会费吗 |
[46:55] | I haven’t paid a lot of things. | 很多费我都没交 |
[46:57] | I look like a fucking deadbeat! | 我他妈就像个赖账的 |
[47:01] | This is real, Bobby, okay. | 这是真的 鲍比 |
[47:02] | This is happening … to us. | 真实地发生在我们身上 |
[47:04] | You are wandering around | 你到处闲逛 |
[47:06] | like you’re in some sort of a daze when playing golf? | 沉浸在高尔夫的迷梦中 |
[47:08] | Or, getting your Porche detailed. | 或清洗你的保时捷吗 |
[47:10] | Maggie, I need to look successful. | 麦琪 我得像成功人士才行 |
[47:15] | I can’t look like another asshole with a resume. | 我不能像那些拿着简历的废物 |
[47:18] | You are just another asshole with a resume! | 你就是拿着简历的废物 |
[47:27] | I can make a check for the balance. | 我从我的薪水支票中补上 |
[47:28] | – Cancel it. – No. | -取消了吧 -不 |
[47:33] | – We can’t afford it. – No. | -我们付不起 -不行 |
[48:04] | I should have been honest with you about what the club … | 俱乐部的事我是该和跟你说的 |
[48:06] | but you haven’t been honest with me. | 但你也没和我说实话 |
[48:08] | We don’t need this, right? | 我们不需要这个 是吧 |
[48:10] | I think we could have a little rummage sale. | 也许我们可以搞个清仓出售 |
[48:13] | You need to get a job. Any job. | 你得去找份工作 什么都行 |
[48:20] | I can’t do this alone, Bobby. | 我一人撑不下 鲍比 |
[48:23] | I know. I’m out there play | 我知道 再玩高尔夫 |
[48:24] | golf and in two weeks I can’t support my family. | 两星期后我就养不起家了 |
[48:26] | Things are going to be great again. | 情况会变好的 |
[48:28] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[48:29] | We can come through this. | 我们能撑过去的 |
[48:30] | Things aren’t going to be great,again. Okay. | 不会变好了 明白吗 |
[48:34] | I’m trying to get a job. I’ve been out there every day … | 我在努力找工作 每天都在找 |
[48:38] | for three months trying to get a job. | 三个月来一直都在找 |
[48:41] | I haven’t had one offer. | 一份都邀请都没收到 |
[48:44] | I’ve been to everybody we know… | 我找了我们认识的每个人 |
[48:46] | and a lot of people I don’t. | 也找了很多不认识的 |
[48:48] | And, I have begged. I’ve fucking begged… | 我乞求 他妈的乞求他们 |
[48:53] | for a lead … anything. | 给点信息 什么都行 |
[48:56] | There’s thousands of new MBAs out there. | 外面有无数新毕业的工商管理硕士 |
[48:59] | No mortgage, no kids, and work 90 hour workweeks, … | 没房贷 没孩子 每周工作九十小时 |
[49:01] | but they get nothing. | 但他们都没找到 |
[49:03] | You want to be honest, Maggie? | 你想要诚实吗 麦琪 |
[49:05] | I am a 37 year old unemployed loser … | 我是三十七岁的无业废物 |
[49:07] | who can’t support his family. | 连家都养不起 |
[49:10] | You are going to find a job… | 你能找到工作的 |
[49:14] | working for people who know how lucky they are to have you. | 为欣赏你的人工作 |
[49:18] | When did it all go to shit? | 事情什么时候变这么糟了 |
[49:21] | It hasn’t all turned to shit … | 还没完全变糟 |
[49:22] | You have Drew and Carson your parents and me. | 你还有德鲁·卡森 你父母和我 |
[49:27] | You have me. | 你还有我 |
[49:43] | We’re still have at least 75 short. | 我们还差七十五个名额 |
[49:45] | What about Deborah Hayes, | 黛博拉·海斯怎样 |
[49:46] | senior director of accounting, maritime sales. | 海事销售的高级主管会计 |
[49:48] | Deborah Hayes has 10 years with the company | 黛博拉·海斯跟了公司十年 |
[49:49] | and outstanding evaluations. | 有突出的价值 |
[49:52] | She also has a husband with a successful law practice … | 她还有个成功的律师丈夫 |
[49:54] | and two kids who would be delighted to have mommy at home. | 还有两个盼着妈咪回来的孩子 |
[49:56] | She’s 60 years, I doubt her kids are still living at home … | 她都六十了 我不信她孩子还住家里 |
[49:59] | much less, calling her Mommy. | 更不可能叫她妈咪 |
[50:01] | Phil Woodward’s back on this list. | 菲尔·伍德沃德又回到这名单上了 |
[50:03] | – He fits the criteria. – I wasn’t talking to you, Dick. | -他符合标准 -我没和你说话 混蛋 |
[50:06] | He’s grossly overpaid and just blew a $5 million deal. | 他薪水太高 而且刚搞黄五百万的交易 |
[50:08] | Shut the fuck up! | 妈的闭嘴 |
[50:09] | This list is still preliminary, Gene. | 这仍只是初稿 吉恩 |
[50:10] | I’m looking and all I see are people who are over 50 … | 我看到名单上都是超五十岁的 |
[50:12] | with enough young ones | 留的年轻职员比例太大 |
[50:14] | unable to protect us from litigation. | 我们可能会面临诉讼 |
[50:15] | I’m cinfident that all these dismissals | 我确信这些名单 |
[50:16] | will stand up to outside legal scrutiny. | 会禁得起法律的审核 |
[50:19] | What about ethical scrutiny? | 那符合道德审核吗 |
[50:22] | We’re not breaking any laws, Gene. | 我们没违法 吉恩 |
[50:25] | I guess we always assumed we | 我以为我们一直 |
[50:26] | were trying for a higher standard than that, … | 在用更高层次的标准 |
[50:30] | Paul. | 保罗 |
[50:46] | Mr. Walker. | 沃克先生 |
[50:47] | Troy Thayer. | 我是特洛伊·赛尔 |
[50:50] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[50:52] | – Thanks for seeing me. – Sure. | -感谢您会见我 -没事 |
[50:54] | – A GTX casualty. – Yeah. | -GTX的牺牲品 -对 |
[50:57] | – How are you holding up? – Good, thanks. | -你还好吧 -很好 谢谢 |
[51:00] | Dan Maas gave you a great recommendation. | 丹·玛斯给了你很高的评价 |
[51:03] | MBA. You went to school at state college. | 工商管理硕士 上过州立大学 |
[51:06] | Undergrad, Yes. | 本科在那里 |
[51:06] | My wife went to Penn. | 我妻子曾在宾夕法尼亚大学就读 |
[51:08] | – Really? – Loved it. | -真的吗 -很好 |
[51:11] | Are you willing work for 90 a year, plus commission and bonus? | 年薪九万外加提成和奖金如何 |
[51:17] | Aah…Yeah. | 可以 |
[51:19] | The good news is that we’re growing fast … | 好的一面是我们成长很快 |
[51:20] | and there’s plenty of headroom around here. | 这儿有很大上升空间 |
[51:22] | I can’t promise you anything | 我不能保证什么 |
[51:23] | but with Dan’s recommendation and your resume, | 但根据丹的推荐和你的简历 |
[51:26] | you seem like the right fit for the job. | 你应该就是最适合这职位的了 |
[51:29] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[51:34] | Who’s winning? | 谁赢了 |
[51:35] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[51:37] | – How did it go? – Okay. | -面试怎样 -很好 |
[51:39] | Good. | 很好 |
[51:44] | You are gonna take my place. | 你站我的位吧 |
[51:47] | 32! Hut! | 三十二号 |
[52:11] | Bob Walker calling for Troy Thayer, please. No problem. | 鲍比·沃克找特洛伊·赛尔 好的 |
[52:17] | Bob Walker calling for Troy Thayer? | 鲍比·沃克找特洛伊·赛尔 |
[52:20] | Um … that’s okay. | 没事 |
[52:23] | I’m actually just calling in regards to a position. | 我就为个职位的事找他 |
[52:28] | Uh, sure, | 当然 |
[52:30] | Northeast Divisional Sales Manager. | 东北片区销售经理 |
[52:37] | It has. | 已经有了 |
[52:43] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[53:01] | – What’s that? – My last pay check. | -这是什么 -我最后的薪水 |
[53:44] | It’s a long way to go and it all gets lost in translation. | 还要谈很久 我们都被翻译弄晕了 |
[53:49] | This guy keeps babbling on and on and on. | 这家伙叽里呱啦没完没了 |
[53:50] | Mr. Lubin says you were at a banquet with 9 meat soup… | 鲁宾先生说那个宴会提供九肉汤 |
[53:52] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[53:54] | I didn’t know they had 9 meats in China. | 我都不知中国有九肉汤 |
[53:55] | I didn’t either. Could you name them? | 我也不知 你能数出来吗 |
[53:57] | Well, beef, pork, chicken, sharkfin … | 牛肉 猪肉 鸡肉 鱼翅 |
[53:59] | – Gene – Hey, Phil … | -吉恩 -菲尔 喝杯酒 |
[54:01] | – Gene. – Relax Phil, | -吉恩 -放松点 菲尔 |
[54:02] | grab a drink, man, it’s a party. | 喝杯酒 老兄 这是派对 |
[54:04] | Sally Wilcox … just fired me. | 萨莉·威科克斯刚炒了我 |
[54:10] | Find Sally Wilcox. | 找萨莉·威科克斯 |
[54:11] | Tell her to get her ass up here, right now. | 叫她马上给我过来 |
[54:12] | She’s already in your office. | 她已经在您办公室了 |
[54:23] | You fired Phil Woodward. | 你解雇了菲尔·伍德沃德 |
[54:26] | – Hire him back! – Gene, please. | -聘他回来 -吉恩 拜托 |
[54:28] | Goddamn it, Sally, we talked about this … | 妈的 萨莉 我们谈好了的 |
[54:30] | Gene … | 吉恩 |
[55:03] | You too? | 你也被解雇了吗 |
[55:13] | Aaw, fuck ’em. | 这帮混蛋 |
[55:20] | They think this is tough. | 他们认为这招够狠 |
[55:26] | We worked together at Glouster. | 我们曾一起在格洛斯特船厂里工作 |
[55:28] | Remember, Gene? | 还记得吗 吉恩 |
[55:33] | Spot-welding inside | 一周六十小时 |
[55:35] | a 36-inch propeller shaft 60 hours a week. | 在三十六英寸的螺旋桨轴里焊接 |
[56:13] | Gene? | 吉恩吗 |
[56:22] | Gene. | 吉恩 |
[57:06] | Bobby. Bobby. | 鲍比 鲍比 |
[57:19] | You’d never guess who’s Joanna’s office. | 你们肯定猜不到谁在乔安娜的办公室里 |
[57:23] | Gene McClary’s favorite ass kisser, | 吉恩·麦克拉里的马屁精 |
[57:25] | Phil Woodward. | 菲尔·伍德沃德 |
[57:27] | Your resume is impressive, Phil. | 你的简历让人印象深刻 菲尔 |
[57:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[57:32] | Started on the factory floor. | 从工厂工人写起 |
[57:33] | Not many people can clain that anymore. | 没多少人写那段了 |
[57:36] | You should get rid of all the ancient stuff, | 你要把那些陈旧往事去掉 |
[57:38] | anything pre 90s. | 所有90年以前的履历 |
[57:41] | Instead of listing the number of years | 只列出你在GTX的 |
[57:42] | you held each position at GTX | 各个职位的任职年限即可 |
[57:43] | indicate your title and responsibilities. | 写出你的职位和职责 |
[57:46] | And here, you noted your military service | 还有这点 你写了参军的经历 |
[57:49] | don’t say Vietnam… | 但别写越南 |
[57:50] | Combat Infantryman’s badge is impressive enough. | 战斗步兵勋章足够给人留下深刻印象了 |
[57:53] | Do you smoke, Phil? | 你抽烟吗 菲尔 |
[57:56] | Occasionally. | 偶尔 |
[57:58] | Quit. Employers don’t want employee health problems, | 戒掉 雇主不想因雇员的健康问题 |
[58:01] | ratcheting up their health insurance premiums, Phil. | 让他们的健康保险费暴增 菲尔 |
[58:02] | You may want to think about dying your hair, | 你也许要考虑染下发 |
[58:04] | get rid of some of that gray. | 盖掉那些灰白的头发 |
[58:06] | Boy, do we know each other? | 伙计 我们认识吗 |
[58:09] | Excuse me. | 你说什么 |
[58:10] | You keep using my first name. | 你一直在用我的名称呼我 |
[58:15] | I’m not the enemy, Phil. | 我不是敌人 菲尔 |
[58:17] | You’re pushing 60 and you look like hell. | 你就要六十了 看起来又这很糟糕 |
[58:20] | You’re going to have a tough time out there. | 你的日子会很艰难的 |
[58:33] | Could you show me to my office, please? | 能带我去我办公室吗 |
[58:44] | A window, the company had to pay extra for that. | 有窗子 公司得付额外的钱 |
[58:48] | The least the pricks could do. | 那些混蛋至少该做到这点 |
[58:52] | So, how’s the best damned salesman on the east coast? | 那么 东海岸最牛的销售员现在如何 |
[58:57] | Unemployed. | 无业中 |
[58:58] | Yeah, a lot of that going around. | 是 到处都是失业的 |
[59:05] | Pretty lax around here? | 这儿穿着很随意吗 |
[59:10] | You should see Casual Fridays. | 你应该知道休闲星期五 |
[59:13] | Well … yeah. | 对 |
[59:18] | I talked with somebody else from your company last week | 我上星期和你公司的人谈过 |
[59:20] | and said I going to have to | 我说这个月 |
[59:21] | make another payment on that this month. | 我还要付另一笔钱 |
[59:25] | Look, I know what you want me to do, | 听着 我知道你想让我做什么 |
[59:28] | I can lie to ya. Tell you that I’m writing you a check, | 我可以对你撒谎 说会给你填张支票 |
[59:31] | and putting it in the mail and you’ll have it right away. | 给你寄过去 你马上就能得到了 |
[59:33] | I’m going to write you a check right now, and put it in mail, | 我马上给你填支票 给你寄过去 |
[59:37] | and you’ll have it tomorrow. How does that sound? | 你明天就能得到了 听起来如何 |
[59:39] | Terrific, outstanding … look forward to it. | 妙极了 太棒了 敬请期待 |
[59:44] | Uh, which one, American Express? | 是哪儿的 美国运通吗 |
[59:46] | The mortgage. | 房贷 |
[59:50] | Brett asked if I could work tomorrow night. | 布莱特问我明晚能不能上班 |
[59:52] | – New Year’s Eve. – Double time. | -那是新年前夜 -双倍薪水 |
[59:54] | – Dad. – Yeah. | -爸 -什么事 |
[59:56] | Can you drive me over to Kyle’s? | 能开车送我去凯尔家吗 |
[59:57] | No, I’m busy now, okay. Come on? | 不能 我现在忙 好吗 |
[1:00:06] | Come on Drew. Hey, why don’t you play, ah, Guitar Hero? | 好了 德鲁 你玩《吉他英雄》吧 |
[1:00:10] | Halo. Or, why don’t you play some X-Box? | 《光晕》或者X-Box的游戏 |
[1:00:12] | Bobby, hang on a sec. | 鲍比 等等 |
[1:00:14] | Hey. Drew. Hey! Drew! … | 德鲁 德鲁 |
[1:00:19] | Damn it. | 妈的 |
[1:00:22] | What’s with the fucking guy. | 这家伙怎么回事 |
[1:00:23] | There’s a nor’easter outside. | 东北沿岸正爆发暴风雪 |
[1:00:25] | The kid’s pissed off because I won’t drive | 这小子生气是因为我没开车带他 |
[1:00:27] | him to Cantoit to visit the Matlock’s, | 去克图伊特拜访麦特洛克家 |
[1:00:28] | right when he wants me to ! | 正好在他需要我的时候 |
[1:00:29] | – It’s Christmas … – We don’t have the Xbox anymore. | -才过完圣诞 -他没有Xbox了 |
[1:00:33] | – Why? What happened to it? – He gave it back. | -为什么 怎么了 -他给回去了 |
[1:00:34] | – What? – He knew we couldn’t afford it. | -什么 -他知道我们付不起 |
[1:00:39] | He asked if he could and I said yes, | 他问行不行 我说可以 |
[1:00:41] | he’s right. | 他是对的 |
[1:00:43] | We can’t afford it. | 我们付不起 |
[1:01:21] | I need a job, Jack. | 我需要工作 杰克 |
[1:01:46] | I think you won’t be needing that just yet. | 你暂时还不需要那个 |
[1:01:52] | Nice tool belt. | 工具腰带挺不错 |
[1:02:30] | Keep ’em coming, Bob. | 继续搬 鲍比 |
[1:02:35] | Hey, Bobby. | 鲍比 |
[1:02:38] | Yeah. | 什么事 |
[1:02:39] | Grab 2 this time. | 这次搬两张 |
[1:03:10] | Lunch. | 吃午饭了 |
[1:03:11] | Where we going? | 去哪儿吃 |
[1:03:30] | You’re new, that’s why you’re getting blisters. | 你刚做 所以会长水泡 |
[1:03:35] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:03:36] | – Here. – Appreciate it. | -拿着 -谢谢 |
[1:03:51] | Want to come down for dinner? | 要下去吃晚餐吗 |
[1:03:55] | I’ll just stay here. | 你不想动了 |
[1:03:58] | Just shoot me. | 打死我算了 |
[1:03:59] | Let me see, | 让我看看 |
[1:04:01] | I’ll bring you some aspirin. | 我给你拿点阿司匹林 |
[1:04:04] | I hate your brother, I fucking hate him. | 我恨你哥 妈的恨死他了 |
[1:04:09] | Do not think I can go back. | 我想我不能回去了 |
[1:04:13] | Sure you can. | 你当然能 |
[1:04:47] | Too thin, add another sack to the mix. | 太稀了 再加一袋进去 |
[1:04:58] | Easy work, huh, Bobby? | 轻松吧 鲍比 |
[1:05:00] | Pretty much like moving papers from the in box to the out box. | 就像把文件从收件箱移到发件箱一样 |
[1:05:04] | Am I right? | 我说得对吗 |
[1:05:09] | Eh, hey, didn’t say nothing. | 好像说了些什么 |
[1:05:29] | What do you have planned today? | 今天有什么计划 |
[1:05:32] | Not much. | 没什么 |
[1:05:34] | Ed and Damon invited us for dinner tonight. | 爱德和戴蒙邀我们今晚吃饭 |
[1:05:39] | – Who? – My old friends. | -谁 -一些我的老朋友 |
[1:05:43] | At 7:30. | 晚上七点半 |
[1:05:49] | Pick up a nice bottle of Pinot when you go out, okay? | 走时带走瓶优质比诺[葡萄酒]吧 |
[1:05:57] | Ok. | 好 |
[1:06:03] | Hi, Phil Woodward. I have a … | 你好 菲尔·伍德沃德 我 |
[1:06:06] | Sign in and take a seat. | 登记然后找座位坐下 |
[1:06:30] | Jack, did you hear that? | 杰克 你听过没 |
[1:06:31] | Bob gets 12 weeks pay and they fucking shitcan him. | 他们给了鲍比十二周薪水然后把他解雇了 |
[1:06:36] | My uncle Tommy worked for telephone company for 19 years. | 我叔叔汤米为电话公司工作了十九年 |
[1:06:39] | They laid him off 10 months short of lifetime medical. | 他们让他下岗了十个月还不给上医保 |
[1:06:44] | They hire him back like 4 months later | 四个月后又聘回去 |
[1:06:47] | for half his old wages … no benefits. | 薪水只有之前的一半 不带福利 |
[1:06:52] | – What is this? – It’s your paycheck. | -这是什么 -你的工钱 |
[1:06:56] | Hey, Jack. There’s an extra 200 in this. | 杰克 里面多了二百 |
[1:07:07] | Must have made a mistake, Bob. | 肯定是搞错了 鲍比 |
[1:08:17] | You gonna be all right sleeping in the same room | 你会和妹妹在一个房间住一阵子 |
[1:08:18] | with your sister for a while? | 没关系吧 |
[1:08:21] | Sure. | 当然 |
[1:08:36] | – All tucked in? – Yeah, Dad. | -都睡觉了吗 -是的 老爸 |
[1:08:47] | I couldn’t wait to get out of this house. | 我迫不及待搬出这房子 |
[1:08:52] | My parents, the neighborhood, church. | 父母 邻居 教堂 |
[1:09:03] | I was going to be the CEO. | 我本是要升部门经理的 |
[1:09:13] | This seems nice, good with kids. | 她看起来不错 对孩子很好 |
[1:09:17] | Dooes she have any of her own? | 她自己有吗 |
[1:09:19] | What? Never too late to start. | 怎么 这事从不怕晚 |
[1:09:22] | Do you think you and Susan could get away for a week in June?… | 你和苏珊六月份能外出一个星期吗 |
[1:09:25] | We go to the house out on Stonewall beach. | 我们去石墙海滩的别墅 |
[1:09:27] | Gene, maybe. | 吉恩 也许吧 |
[1:09:32] | Are you keeping busy? | 一直很忙吗 |
[1:09:34] | Yeah, I’ve have been asked to go on a couple Boards. | 对 一直有人让我加入董事会 |
[1:09:36] | 丹尼克斯 电子设备制造商和维修服务商 布洛卡 公共设施供应商 | |
[1:09:36] | Dynex, Brocar… | 丹尼克斯公司 布洛卡公司 |
[1:09:39] | – You going to do it? – I do not know, I think I’m… | -你准备去吗 -不知道 我想 |
[1:09:42] | I think I’m tired of Board rooms. | 我想我厌烦了董事会那些事 |
[1:09:46] | Why don’t you start a consulting firm? | 开家咨询公司如何 |
[1:09:48] | – Yeah. – Sure. | -是吗 -当然 |
[1:09:50] | There’s always somebody out there willing to pay | 总有人愿意为老顽固的 |
[1:09:52] | an opinionated old bastard for some shitty advice. | 的垃圾建议付钱 |
[1:10:01] | So, what do you say to that week in June. | 六月腾出一周如何 |
[1:10:04] | Your mom will be okay? | 你妈会同意吗 |
[1:10:06] | Are you two talking? | 你们还说话吗 |
[1:10:10] | You’re having a rough time. | 她最近很艰难 |
[1:10:12] | She’s talking about selling the house. | 她说要卖房子 |
[1:10:17] | Look Daddy, I found another egg. | 看 爸爸 我又找到个蛋 |
[1:10:27] | – Where’s Mike? – He got busted again. | -麦克呢 -他又被捕了 |
[1:10:31] | For what? | 犯了什么事 |
[1:10:32] | Drunk and disorderly, assault. | 酗酒滋事 殴打警官 |
[1:10:37] | He managed to take a swing at one of the cops,too. | 他挥拳打了其中一名警察 |
[1:10:44] | – Hey, Bobby. – Yeah. | -鲍比 -什么事 |
[1:10:45] | You still have your toolbelt? | 工具腰袋带过来了吗 |
[1:10:47] | Yeah. | 带了 |
[1:10:49] | – Why don’t you grab it? – All right. | -把它拿上吧 -好 |
[1:11:00] | Oh…Jesus! | 天哪 |
[1:11:03] | I thought I had measured it right. | 我以为我量对了 |
[1:11:04] | You got to rip all this shit out before Jack sees it. | 你得在杰克看见前把这烂活全拆了 |
[1:11:07] | The whole thing? | 全都拆了吗 |
[1:11:08] | Yeah, all of it. | 对 全都拆了 |
[1:11:11] | Use your speed square as a spacer and on 2 points… | 用你转速板做垫片 确定两端点 |
[1:11:15] | here … | 给 |
[1:11:17] | All right. | 好了 |
[1:11:18] | Bang bang bang. | 一下 两下 三下 |
[1:11:21] | – You got it? – Yeah. | -会了吗 -会了 |
[1:11:22] | – You got it? – Yeah. | -真的会了吗 -会了 |
[1:11:35] | – Finally done? – This side, yeah. | -完成了吗 -只弄好了这一面 |
[1:11:41] | Jesus Christ, that’s ugly. | 天哪 弄得可真丑 |
[1:11:49] | If you need another guy, I know somebody who could use a job. | 如果你还需要人手 我有个人选 |
[1:11:54] | Yeah. Well, whoever it is, let’s hope he a … | 行 不管是谁 希望他 |
[1:11:58] | he’s not as slow as you are. | 不像你一样蜗牛速度 |
[1:12:02] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[1:12:40] | – Does he ever sing on key? – No. | -他一直都在走音吧 -对 |
[1:13:09] | What are ya doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[1:13:12] | Ah … Getting drunk. | 灌醉自己 |
[1:13:16] | I called out placement to see if you wanted to have lunch. | 我把安排取消了 想和你共进午餐 |
[1:13:18] | They said you hadn’t been coming in much, lately. | 他们说你最近不常来 |
[1:13:20] | – Oh, yeah. – A couple of weeks now. | -是的 -好几周了 |
[1:13:23] | No kidding. | 可不是吗 |
[1:13:29] | Miss | 小姐 |
[1:13:34] | What do you say, I give you a ride home? | 我送你回家吧 你看怎么样 |
[1:13:37] | I can’t go home. | 我不能回家 |
[1:13:42] | Lauren doesn’t want the neighbors to know I got fired, | 劳伦不想让邻居知道我被解雇了 |
[1:13:46] | so I can’t show up until after 6. | 所以六点前我不能露面 |
[1:13:51] | She makes me haul my breifcase back and forth, too. | 她还让我进出都带着公文包 |
[1:13:55] | You see the Journal this morning? | 你看今早的《华尔街日报》了吗 |
[1:14:00] | They listed how much CEOs made last year. | 他们把去年首席执行官的收入列出来了 |
[1:14:05] | Do you know who was 17th on the list? | 你知道排第十七位的是谁吗 |
[1:14:08] | Jim Salinger, GTX. | GTX的吉姆·塞林格 |
[1:14:16] | Want to go to the movies? | 想不想去看电影 |
[1:14:18] | Take you to the matinee. | 我带你去看日场吧 |
[1:14:20] | I’m sure they still matinees where | 我想影院里肯定还有日场 |
[1:14:21] | you get a bucket of popcorn and a couple of cold | 你可以边吃爆米花边喝冷饮边看 |
[1:14:42] | Hey, Daddy. | 你好 爸爸 |
[1:14:45] | Hi, beautiful. | 你好 小美人 |
[1:14:48] | Why are you smiling at? | 你笑什么 |
[1:14:50] | A man called today from Chicago, | 今天有位叫弗雷德·蒙德的人 |
[1:14:51] | Fred Munder. | 从芝加哥打电话来 |
[1:14:53] | He said he was impressed with your resume | 他说你的简历让他印象深刻 |
[1:14:54] | and wants you to give him a call. | 希望你给他打个电话 |
[1:14:56] | His phone number is over there. | 他的电话号码在那儿 |
[1:14:59] | The guy’s a headhunter. | 这家伙是猎头 |
[1:15:02] | I thought the job was in Boston. | 工作地点是在波士顿吧 |
[1:15:04] | It is in Boston. I’m going to go there. | 是在波士顿 我要去波士顿 |
[1:15:06] | I’m going to stayat Motel 6. | 我会在六号汽车旅馆落脚 |
[1:15:08] | Okay, I’m going to eat very inexpensively. | 好吧 我会吃得很省 |
[1:15:11] | The job is a Vice President of Sales and Marketing | 这次应聘的是市场营销副总裁 |
[1:15:14] | with extensive experience in transportation. Okay. | 需要应聘者具有资深的运输业经验 |
[1:15:18] | This is it. This is me. This is my job. | 我再合适这个职位不过了 |
[1:15:21] | I don’t know what else I can look for. This is the one. | 不会有更合适的了 就是它了 |
[1:15:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:16:22] | Excuse me, I have an appointment with Frederick Munder, | 打扰一下 我与弗雷德里克·蒙德有约 |
[1:16:26] | Bob Walker. | 我叫鲍比·沃克 |
[1:16:49] | – Mr Walker. – Yes. | -沃克先生 -我是 |
[1:16:53] | I’m Jane Newfeld, Mr. Munder’s assistant. | 我是简·妮菲 蒙德先生的助理 |
[1:16:56] | – Hi. – You say you have an appointment. | -你好 -你说你与蒙德先生有约 |
[1:16:57] | – Yes, at 10. – I don’t see it. | -是 约在十点 -我这儿没记录 |
[1:17:02] | I spoke to Mr. Munder myself. So…Friday at 10. | 我自己跟蒙德先生约好的 周五十点 |
[1:17:09] | We talked 2 days ago. | 我们两天前通的电话 |
[1:17:11] | Oh my, he has you down for next Friday, the 17th. | 天哪 他把你排到下周五了 十七号 |
[1:17:15] | Can you come back next week? | 你能下周再来吗 |
[1:17:16] | I flew in from Boston. | 我从波士顿飞过来的 |
[1:17:18] | Oh, I’am so sorry. | 真是太遗憾了 |
[1:17:19] | I don’t mind just sitting in the waiting room. | 我不介意在候客室等着 |
[1:17:21] | Or I can come back this afternoon, | 或者我下午再来 |
[1:17:23] | my flight does not leave until tonight. | 我是今晚的航班 |
[1:17:24] | Mr. Munder is in Dallas on business. | 蒙德先生出差去达拉斯了 |
[1:17:27] | He won’t be bcak ubtil next Wednesday. | 要下周三才能回来 |
[1:18:22] | Sorry I’m late, I got caught on a call. | 抱歉我迟到了 接了个电话 |
[1:18:24] | No problem, I got a drink. | 没事 我点了杯饮品 |
[1:18:26] | Looks good. I’ll have what he’s having. | 看上去不错 我也点他喝的那个 |
[1:18:29] | Wait, you know what you want? | 等一下 你点什么 |
[1:18:31] | I’ll have the Cobb, no bacon. | 我要一份柯布沙拉不加培根 |
[1:18:36] | Rib-eye, medium-rare, with fries. | 我要肋眼牛排 三成熟 配薯条 |
[1:18:41] | Sorry to rush things, | 抱歉我时间很紧 |
[1:18:43] | I have to run back for a staff meeting at 1:30. | 待会儿得赶回去开一点半的职工大会 |
[1:18:45] | You look great, you losing weight? | 你看上去不错 在减肥吗 |
[1:18:47] | Ah, yeah, well, dying my hair. | 我把头发染了 |
[1:18:54] | – So, how are you doing? – I’m fine. | -最近过得怎么样 -不错 |
[1:18:56] | Sending out a lot of resumes. | 寄了很多份简历出去 |
[1:18:59] | You’re lucky to be out of it. | 你真幸运 不用在里面混了 |
[1:19:02] | Word on the street is you’re looking for a foreign executive. | 听人说你们在招外事部经理 |
[1:19:06] | Yeah, you have someone to recommend? | 是 有推荐的人选吗 |
[1:19:08] | Yeah … me. | 有 我怎么样 |
[1:19:12] | It’s international, all travel. | 这是国际性的 整天都在飞 |
[1:19:14] | I have extensive overseas experience. | 我的海外经验很丰富 |
[1:19:17] | Sure, you do. | 这是当然的 |
[1:19:20] | You mind me asking. How old are you Phil? | 不介意我问问吧 菲尔你今年多大了 |
[1:19:27] | You’re not worried I’ll sue. | 你不是怕我控诉你强迫职工吧 |
[1:19:31] | I wouldn’t hire anyone over 30 for the job. | 这个工作我不会雇超过三十岁的人 |
[1:19:33] | It’s a killer. | 这活儿要人命 |
[1:19:34] | Out of the country 5 out of every 6 weeks. | 六周里有五周都在国外 |
[1:19:40] | Well, travel for me is not a problem. | 旅行对我来说不是问题 |
[1:19:43] | Why don’t you cash it in? | 把股票折现了安享晚年去吧 |
[1:19:43] | Shit, I would go lie on a beach. | 见鬼 要是我就躺沙滩上度假去了 |
[1:19:46] | I can’t afford to go lie on a fucking beach. | 我他妈没钱在沙滩上享受 |
[1:19:54] | I can’t recommend you for the job, Phil. | 我不能推荐你 菲尔 |
[1:19:56] | They’d laugh me out of the office. | 他们会在背地里笑话我的 |
[1:20:24] | Lauren is pretty worried about you, | 劳伦很担心你 |
[1:20:25] | has you wrapped around a tree, someplace. | 是不是去哪儿围着树转圈去了 |
[1:20:30] | Sons of bitches | 狗娘养的 |
[1:20:37] | You motherfuckers! | 操你妈 |
[1:20:43] | Tom Brady couldn’t hit that building | 汤姆·布兰迪年轻力盛时 |
[1:20:45] | from here on his best day. | 从这儿也砸不到对面的建筑 |
[1:20:49] | Ooh, Sarah’s tuition for Brown is due. | 莎拉在布朗的学费快到截止日期了 |
[1:20:53] | I write the check… I can’t make the mortgage. | 我写了支票 我付不起房贷了 |
[1:20:56] | – Phil, I could… – No, you stop it… | -菲尔 我可以…-不 你闭嘴 |
[1:21:02] | No. | 不 |
[1:21:06] | Do you know the worse part? | 你知道最糟糕的是什么吗 |
[1:21:11] | The world didn’t stop … | 世界还在运转 |
[1:21:14] | the newspaper still came every morning, | 报社每天早上还是会发行报纸 |
[1:21:17] | the automatic sprinklers shut off at 6, | 自动洒水喷头六点自动关闭 |
[1:21:20] | Jeff, next door, still washes his car every Sunday. | 邻居杰夫每周六还是会洗他的车 |
[1:21:28] | If my life ended, | 就算我死了 |
[1:21:30] | and nobody noticed. | 也没人会注意到 |
[1:21:46] | – Hey, Bob. – Yeah. | -鲍比 -什么事 |
[1:21:48] | – Boss says it’s quiting time. – All right. | -老板说可以收工了 -好的 |
[1:22:01] | Where’s Jack? | 杰克人呢 |
[1:22:02] | Still working. | 还在干 |
[1:22:03] | Come on, I’m not buying. | 我不信 |
[1:22:05] | What’s he doing? | 他在干什么 |
[1:22:07] | He’s working late to meet the completion deadline. | 他正在加班赶工期 |
[1:22:09] | Does he want our help? | 他需要我们帮忙吗 |
[1:22:10] | Can’t pay us. | 他付不了工钱了 |
[1:22:13] | He can pay us out of the bonus. | 他可以用奖金付我们 |
[1:22:17] | He needs the bonus to break even. | 他得用奖金来保本 |
[1:22:19] | He had to take this job | 他得接下这工作 |
[1:22:20] | to keep us working through the winter. | 好让我们冬天有活儿干 |
[1:25:16] | Could Maggie give Sally a ride home? | 能让麦琪送萨莉回去吗 |
[1:25:49] | We used to make something here back | 我们迷失在文海中之前 |
[1:25:52] | before we got lost on the paperwork. | 曾在这里造船 |
[1:25:55] | At one time we had a frigate right here. | 曾经这儿有护航舰 |
[1:25:57] | Back there … A guided missle cruiser. | 那边是架导弹巡洋舰 |
[1:26:00] | Phil started out here in hull assembly. | 菲尔最开始做船体装配 |
[1:26:04] | He was a skinny little bastard, | 他那时是个瘦骨如柴的小混蛋 |
[1:26:06] | fearless. | 天不怕地不怕 |
[1:26:08] | He’d hang upside down all day long in a boson’s chair, | 他可以在吊椅上倒挂一整天 |
[1:26:12] | 70 feet off the shop floor well in the inside seat. | 那椅子离地面七十英尺高 |
[1:26:14] | I mean Jesus. | 天哪 |
[1:26:21] | 2,000 men a shift, 3 shifts a day | 两千人一班 每天三班倒 |
[1:26:23] | 6,000 men earned an honest wage in that room. | 六千人在那个车间里挣干净钱 |
[1:26:29] | Fed their kids, bought homes, | 养孩子 买房子 |
[1:26:33] | made enough to send their kids to college, | 挣够了钱送孩子上大学 |
[1:26:36] | buy a second car. | 买二手车 |
[1:26:41] | Building something they could see, | 他们铸造看得见的东西 |
[1:26:44] | not just figures on a balance sheet, | 不是资产负债表上的数字 |
[1:26:47] | but a ship you could see, smell and touch. | 而是看得见摸得着闻得到的船 |
[1:26:55] | These men were worth and knew who they were. | 这些人看得到自己的价值 |
[1:27:04] | One day you’re making $50 | 有一天你赚了五十块 |
[1:27:06] | the next 5,000 then one day, 5 million | 然后是五千 五百万 越赚越多 |
[1:27:10] | Start with a crazy plan. Take insane risks, | 开始了疯狂的计划 疯狂地冒险 |
[1:27:14] | barely make enough money to feed your family, | 从养家糊口都困难 |
[1:27:17] | not a chance in hell you’re going to succeed … | 没想过自己会成功 |
[1:27:19] | and then all of a sudden you | 到突然间 你拥有了一切 |
[1:27:21] | have all these things you’re terrified of losing | 你变得害怕失去这一切 |
[1:27:24] | stock options, corporate jet, | 股票期权 公务机 |
[1:27:27] | vacation homes in the Bahamas. | 巴哈马的度假别墅 |
[1:27:30] | You know? The truth is … I like $500 lunches and | 其实 我喜欢五百块一顿的午餐 |
[1:27:35] | $5,000 hotel suites. | 和五千块一晚的套间 |
[1:27:43] | And now everything I spent | 而现在我花了三十年为 |
[1:27:44] | 30 years trying to build for myself and everybody else … is | 自己和他人打造的一切就这样 |
[1:27:52] | gone. | 没了 |
[1:28:27] | I’m sorry, Maggie. | 抱歉 麦琪 |
[1:28:29] | For what? | 为什么 |
[1:28:33] | For everything. | 为所有的事 |
[1:28:37] | For letting you down. | 我让你失望了 |
[1:28:39] | You didn’t let me down. | 你没让我失望 |
[1:28:46] | Yeah… I did. | 我有 |
[1:28:51] | You were never here before. | 你从来没落到这步田地 |
[1:28:56] | And now you are. | 而你现在落到了 |
[1:29:13] | I think the dryer vent is clogged. I might go take a look. | 排风机好像堵了 我去看看 |
[1:29:19] | – Hey, Bobby. – Yeah. | -鲍比 -怎么了 |
[1:29:24] | It can wait. | 先不着急去 |
[1:29:35] | Hello, Jim! | 吉姆 你好 |
[1:29:43] | Gene, how you been? | 吉恩 你最近怎么样 |
[1:29:46] | Not good, I was recently fired by my best friend. | 不好 最近被我最好的朋友解雇了 |
[1:29:53] | Missed you at the funeral. | 我在葬礼上想起你了 |
[1:29:56] | I was sorry to hear about Phil. | 我为菲尔的事感到难过 |
[1:29:59] | How is Lauren holding on? | 劳伦还好吗 |
[1:30:05] | We built something here, Jim … together. | 我们一起创造了这里 吉姆 |
[1:30:11] | Together, it wasn’t just you, and just me. | 一起创造这里的不只你和我 |
[1:30:13] | It was all of us. | 是我们所有人 |
[1:30:14] | They got a paycheck every each week. | 他们每周都领薪水 |
[1:30:18] | medical, if they got sick, disability if they got hurt. | 生病了有医保 受伤了有工伤保险 |
[1:30:21] | And, hell it’s a business, not a charity. | 我们在做生意 不是搞慈善 |
[1:30:23] | You took home $22 million last year | 去年你挣了两千二百万 |
[1:30:24] | and these people have lost their homes, | 而这些人却失去了住房 |
[1:30:26] | their marriages, respect of their children. | 婚姻和孩子们的尊重 |
[1:30:29] | We did what the market required of us to survive. | 只有随着市场而变化 我们才能生存 |
[1:30:37] | The board accepted Allied’s bid last night. | 董事会昨晚接受了行业联盟的出价 |
[1:30:40] | 39 Billion, 97 a share. | 三百九十亿 每股九十七 |
[1:30:42] | – I’m Sorry. – Don’t be. | -我很遗憾 -不用 |
[1:30:45] | – My shares are worth 600 million. – Congratulations. | -我的股票值六亿 -恭喜 |
[1:30:50] | What are yours worth, Gene? | 你的值多少 吉恩 |
[1:30:58] | I have to get to work. | 我得去工作了 |
[1:31:44] | Give me the ball. | 把球给我 |
[1:31:46] | Give me the ball. | 把球给我 |
[1:31:51] | Keep your position you’re in trouble now, kid … | 守好你的位置 你现在有麻烦了 |
[1:32:01] | Oh! No! | 不 不 |
[1:32:12] | Well… there you go… that’s a good job… | 干得不错 很好 |
[1:32:16] | A little more action … | 再来几下 |
[1:32:18] | – Bobby. – Yeah. | -鲍比 -什么事 |
[1:32:20] | Gene McClary’s on the phone, something about a job. | 吉恩·麦克拉里打电话来了 工作的事 |
[1:32:26] | You two, I’ll be right back. | 你俩好好干 我马上就回来 |
[1:32:37] | What are you waiting for? | 你还在等什么呢 |
[1:33:12] | You work on Sundays, now? | 你现在周日也工作了吗 |
[1:33:16] | Deirdre told me you’re down here every weekend. | 迪尔德丽说你每周周末会来这儿 |
[1:33:20] | Losing money in this job, Jack? | 这活儿亏本了吧 杰克 |
[1:33:23] | A bit. | 有点 |
[1:33:24] | Is it me? | 是因为我吗 |
[1:33:31] | Sometimes I’m up, sometimes I’m down, | 不可能总是只赚不赔 |
[1:33:34] | it all comes out in the end. | 任何结果都有可能性 |
[1:33:39] | I got a call from a guy today who I used to work for. | 我以前的老板给我打了电话 |
[1:33:42] | – He offered me a job. – Yeah, decent pay. | -他给了我份工作 -是吗 报酬不错吧 |
[1:33:45] | – 80. – Thousand? | -八 -八万吗 |
[1:33:52] | It’s half what I used to make. | 是我过去工资的一半 |
[1:33:55] | World’s a fucked up place. | 这世界真他妈不公平 |
[1:34:00] | Actually, I was thinking about staying on with you, Jack. | 其实 我在考虑留在你身边 杰克 |
[1:34:06] | My old job, I was scared all the time. | 我以前的工作让我每天都害怕 |
[1:34:09] | Quarterly costs reports. Young guys coming up. | 季度成本报表 青年才俊辈出 |
[1:34:13] | Losing an account. | 失去客户 |
[1:34:15] | Who’s getting ahead of me. | 谁的业绩要超过我了 |
[1:34:17] | – Can I be honest with you, Bobby? – Yeah. | -我能说句实话吗 鲍比 -好 |
[1:34:20] | You should take the job, | 你应该接受这份工作 |
[1:34:22] | you’re a shitty carpenter. | 你干木工太笨了 |
[1:34:32] | Could they make these things any lighter. | 他们能把这些东西做得轻点吗 |
[1:34:42] | I can’t pay you for today. | 我今天给不了你工资 |
[1:34:48] | Guess we better get started, then. Huh. | 我们赶紧开始干活吧 |
[1:34:52] | I will win. | 我会赢 |
[1:34:54] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:34:56] | Because I have faith, courage… enthusiasm. | 因为我有信心 勇气和激情 |
[1:35:01] | I … Will … Win! | 我会赢 |
[1:35:03] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:35:05] | Because I have faith, courage … enthusiasm. | 因为我有信心 勇气和激情 |
[1:35:09] | I..Will..Win. | 我会赢 |
[1:35:11] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:35:12] | Because I have faith, courage … enthusiasm. | 因为我有信心 勇气和激情 |
[1:35:19] | – Can we get a pencil sharpener. – Sure. | -能买个转笔刀吗 -当然 |
[1:35:22] | The kind with a crank. | 有摇杆的那种 |
[1:35:23] | The old fashioned kind, I love those. | 老式的那种 我喜欢它们 |
[1:35:26] | – McClary Maritime Associates. – What? | -麦克拉里海运股份公司 -什么 |
[1:35:29] | Well, we don’t have any associates yet, | 我们现在还没有合伙人 |
[1:35:31] | but what the hell, it sound goods. | 但是 这名字听起来不错 |
[1:35:33] | The printer is from the dark ages, | 这台打印机太老了 |
[1:35:34] | I’ll stop by Staples tomorrow and get a new one. | 我明天路过史泰博的时候买台新的 |
[1:35:37] | Ok. | 好 |
[1:35:40] | – Nice office. – It’s not much. | -办公室不错 -不是很贵 |
[1:35:44] | If I make the overhead the first year, I’ll be happy. | 如果第一年能回本我就高兴了 |
[1:35:48] | I ran into Ben Wilson the other day. | 我那天遇到本·威尔逊了 |
[1:35:50] | He said you were going out for possible investors. | 他说你在四处寻找投资人 |
[1:35:53] | Yeah, I’m going to make a bid for Glouster. | 是的 我准备竞拍格洛斯特 |
[1:35:55] | – The shipyard? – Yeah. | -造船厂吗 -是 |
[1:35:58] | Allied didn’t want it. | 行业联盟不想要它 |
[1:35:59] | I’ve already got the skilled labor. | 技工我都已经找好了 |
[1:36:01] | I’ll just renegotiate with the unions … | 我会再跟工会协商 |
[1:36:03] | start slow, see if it will grow. | 先慢慢来 看看是否能发展起来 |
[1:36:07] | Do you think there’s business there? | 你觉得这里面有商机吗 |
[1:36:13] | Do you have any time for lunch on Tuesday? | 周二有时间共进午餐吗 |
[1:36:18] | No. | 没有 |
[1:36:23] | I sat in rooms | 我坐在办公室里 |
[1:36:25] | and talked about how to destroy people’s lives. | 讨论何如摧毁别人的生活 |
[1:36:30] | I thought I could do more from the inside | 我原以为若想保住一些人的工作 |
[1:36:31] | to save a few jobs here and there. | 从公司内部会更有效 |
[1:36:34] | If I didn’t do it, somebody else would. | 如果我不做 也有人会做 |
[1:36:44] | Keep me in mind for a possible associate, | 考虑下找我当合伙人吧 |
[1:36:48] | I think I may be looking for a job. | 我觉得我可能需要份工作 |
[1:37:22] | – Say hello to Gene for me. – How do I look? | -代我向吉恩问好 -我看上去怎么样 |
[1:37:26] | Highly employable. | 很值得雇佣 |
[1:37:35] | Go on, you’re going to be late. | 快去 不然要迟到了 |
[1:37:38] | Come here. | 过来 |
[1:37:39] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:37:43] | I love you. | 我也爱你 |
[1:38:26] | All right, I hope you had your fill of | 好了 我希望你们已经 |
[1:38:27] | sitting around the house all day watching the Price is Right. | 在家整天看《价格竞猜》看够了 |
[1:38:31] | It’s time to get working now. | 是时候工作了 |
[1:38:32] | Do not complain about the luxury accomodations here. | 别抱怨这儿的条件太好了 |
[1:38:35] | Gene, it basically kick-starting this thing on his AMEX card. | 吉恩在这儿基本上搭的是自己的钱 |
[1:38:37] | If you want to impress a client, | 如果你想要给客户留下印象 |
[1:38:39] | take them to the Upper Crust. | 带他们去脆皮比萨店 |
[1:38:41] | Buy them a slice. | 买一块比萨给他们 |
[1:38:43] | Diane, we may do some | 戴安 我们可能需要做些 |
[1:38:44] | seller financing of long term lease-backs to stay competitive. | 长期回租的卖方融资来保持竞争力 |
[1:38:47] | So run finances on our old customers, vendors, | 所以向我们的老客户和供应商寻求 |
[1:38:49] | capital expenditure budgets … future needs… | 资本支出预算和期货融资 |
[1:38:52] | Got it. | 明白 |
[1:38:53] | Conal, we need our union guys back. | 科纳尔 我们把工人们找回来 |
[1:38:55] | – How many? – Don’t know. | -要多少 -没想好 |
[1:38:57] | A hundred, I guess. | 也许一百人 |
[1:38:57] | Start with the local, see who’s available. | 从本地的开始 看看谁能来 |
[1:38:59] | I’m betting, everyone. | 我打赌 大家都会来的 |
[1:39:01] | Mechanics, machinists, fabricators welders, engineers, … | 机械师 装配焊工 工程师 |
[1:39:04] | start with the crew chiefs. | 先把班组长找回来 |
[1:39:06] | We work hard in here every day as we did trying to get a job. | 我们每天像找工作一样在这里努力工作 |
[1:39:08] | We’ll be all right. | 我们会没事的 |
[1:39:11] | What’s the worst thing they can do? | 他们最坏能对我们怎么样 |
[1:39:13] | Fire us. | 把我们炒了 |
[1:40:09] | The end. | 剧终 |
[1:40:38] | Court is exploring whether or not the British bank Barklys | 法院正在调查英国巴克利斯银行 |
[1:40:40] | took advantage of the collapse of Lehman Brothers. | 是否利用了雷曼兄弟的破产 |
[1:40:43] | The UK bank made billions when it bought the | 该银行在雷曼破产后第二天 |
[1:40:45] | US brokerage business days after the company failed, | 即以不到二十亿收购其经纪业务 |
[1:40:48] | paying less than 2 billion … | 之后盈利数十亿… |
[1:40:51] | Rolid Sallerge says that this | 罗里德·萨乐奇说今年 |
[1:40:51] | latest round of 18 billion in bonuses | 华尔街高管得到一百八十亿的分红 |
[1:40:54] | might be offensive to many Americans … | 会激起美国民众的愤怒 |
[1:40:56] | and it went on to say, it is necessary if they were… | 报道还说 有必要… |
[1:40:59] | at least $100 Billion of these obscene earnings | 这些肮脏的收入中 |
[1:41:02] | should be confiscated to pay back all the taxpayers | 至少有一千亿应被没收 返还纳税人 |
[1:41:05] | than bailed these bastards out … | 而不是用于将这些混蛋保释出来… |
[1:41:06] | I’ve been out of work 2 years. | 我已经失业两年了 |
[1:41:08] | My sister and her kids are living in their car. | 我姐姐和她的孩子住在车里 |
[1:41:10] | We got broken schools and a failing health care system … | 学校破产了 医疗体系也很失败… |
[1:41:14] | The question here is, | 问题是 |
[1:41:15] | whether did they do anything illegal? | 他们是否违法了 |
[1:41:17] | not whether it was unethical | 而不是擅自挪用 |
[1:41:19] | to take investors money without disclosing the firm | 客户的钱而不揭发 |
[1:41:22] | was betting against the investment | 公司在做看空投资 |
[1:41:23] | they were selling to its own customers … | 的这种行为是否道德 |
[1:41:25] | And now they’re whining their bonuses are | 现在他们却在抱怨年底分红 |
[1:41:27] | only 2 million bucks this year, instead of 3 … | 只有二百万而非三百万 |
[1:41:30] | … released a report this morning | …今早报道称 |
[1:41:32] | saying the federal mortgage programs | 联邦抵押贷款项目没能 |
[1:41:34] | aren’t doing enough to help more families out of foreclosure. | 有效地帮助家庭摆脱房产被没收的命运 |
[1:41:37] | Realty Track reports over 900,000 … | 实业跟踪公司报道称超过九十万… |
[1:41:40] | Yet, a paraphrase of the old TV commercial, | 就是电视广告的翻版 |
[1:41:42] | these private equity guys, | 这些私募基金的家伙 |
[1:41:43] | they make money the old fashioned way … | 他们用过时的方法赚钱 |
[1:41:46] | they steal it. | 他们剽窃 |