英文名称:Father of Invention
年代:2010
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:59] | All things are intrinsically connected, | 从本质上讲 所有东西都是有联系的 |
[01:01] | no matter how different they may appear. | 无论它们看起来多么的不像 |
[01:04] | Hi. You know me… Robert Axle. | 大家好 你们都知道的 我就是罗伯特·艾克斯利 |
[01:07] | As a fabricator, I bring existing, | 作为一个创造者 我经常带来 |
[01:10] | often very different items together, | 不同东西的组合体 |
[01:12] | maximizing their atomic and molecular potential, | 重组他们原子和分子的潜能 |
[01:16] | making ordinary inventions | 使得平庸的发明 |
[01:18] | infinitely more prolific. | 极具创造力 |
[01:28] | Thank you very much. We’ve got a big show today. | 非常感谢大家! 今天我们有一个精彩的展示 |
[01:31] | I’ve got lots of new items to tell you about. | 我将告诉你们许多新的东西 |
[01:33] | In fact, you all remember the Robert Axle Light-O-Saurus. | 实际上 你们应该都记得罗伯特·艾克斯利夜灯-0-萨拉斯 |
[01:36] | Part humidifier, part night light, | 一部分是加湿器 一部分是夜灯 |
[01:40] | the Light-O-Saurus connects a child’s need to feel safe at night | 夜灯-0号-萨拉斯将孩子们在晚上所需的安全感 |
[01:44] | with a parent’s need to keep them healthy. | 与父母所需的健康联系在一起 |
[01:46] | Then of course there was the Robert Axle Pepper-Cam, | 当然还有罗伯特·艾克斯利防狼器-凯姆防狼照相机 |
[01:50] | enabling us to pepper-spray our assailants | 我们可以将胡椒粉喷向攻击者 |
[01:53] | and photograph them at the same time. | 同时拍下他们 |
[01:59] | And now introducing | 现在将介绍 |
[02:01] | my most inspired fabrication to date… | 我最期待的创造 |
[02:05] | the Robert Axle Ab Clicker. | 罗伯特·艾克斯利遥控健身器 |
[02:07] | You can channel-surf, watch your favorite programs, | 你可以变换频道来观看自己喜欢的节目 |
[02:10] | adjust the volume… | 调节音量 |
[02:12] | all at the same time that you are getting | 同时你能够 |
[02:14] | that six-pack of abs. | 锻炼六块肌肉 |
[02:16] | You call the number right below on the screen here… | 赶快拨打屏幕下方的电话吧 |
[02:19] | 1-800-AXLES-ARMY 1-800-AXLES-ARMY. | |
[02:21] | You’ll get 10% off on the Robert Axle revolutionary Ab Clicker! | 购买罗伯特·艾克斯利遥控健身器 你将会得到10%的折扣 |
[02:28] | Thank you. Thank you for coming. Thank you. | 谢谢 非常感谢你们的到来 谢谢 |
[02:32] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:36] | 17 18 19 20 17, 18, 19, 20. | |
[03:43] | There’s your change. | 这是你的零钱 |
[04:03] | Hey, Robert Axle! I see you! | 嘿 罗伯特·艾克斯利 我看到你了 |
[04:11] | Stupid Ab Clicker piece of crap! Robert Axle! | 遥控健身器这个垃圾! 罗伯特·艾克斯利 |
[04:18] | “Depraved indifference to human life.” | 生活堕落 冷漠 |
[04:20] | What the hell does that even mean? | 这到底是什么意思? |
[04:23] | It means that people are too lazy to do sit-ups | 意思是人们太懒惰都不想站起来 |
[04:25] | so they stick their fingers in places | 到处乱伸他们的手指 |
[04:27] | they shouldn’t have stuck their fingers. | 他们根本不需要伸出手指 |
[04:29] | All right. | 好吧 |
[04:31] | The good news there, Bob… | 鲍勃 好消息是 |
[04:33] | I got you a job. Family Mart… | 我给你一份在家庭超市的工作 |
[04:36] | the fourth-largest discount consumer retailer in the nation. | 全国第四大零售连锁店 |
[04:39] | The assistant general manager is Troy Coangelo. | 店员经理是特洛伊·卡恩格拉 |
[04:42] | You’re to see him tomorrow at 9:00 AM sharp. | 明天上午九点整你去见他 |
[04:44] | You do realize that I built my own | 你必须意识到我建立起 |
[04:47] | $1.6 billion company from scratch? | 16亿美元的公司并非靠运气 |
[04:50] | You’re still a felon, hmm? | 你仍就是一个罪犯 不是吗? |
[04:52] | A felon who’s had nothing but eight years to brainstorm. | 一个一无所有但苦思冥想了八年的罪犯 |
[04:55] | And all I need is one good idea that puts me right back on top. | 现在我需要的就是一个好点子 使我重新回到顶峰 |
[04:59] | 62% of ex-cons wind up back in prison within five years. | 在第一个5年里会有62%的囚犯重新回到监狱 |
[05:03] | I just got out early for good behavior. | 我提前出来只会做好事的 |
[05:06] | Could you let me enjoy that for two minutes before you start your buzzkill? | 在你扫兴之前 能让我好好享受两分钟吗? |
[05:10] | Claire Elizabeth Axle… that your daughter? | 克莱尔·伊莉莎白·艾克斯利 你的女儿? |
[05:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:14] | And she knows you’re gonna be staying with her? | 她知道你将会和她住在一起吗? |
[05:16] | Yes. And it’s Claire Elizabeth now. | 是的 她现在叫克莱尔·伊利莎白 |
[05:19] | Smart… | 聪明 |
[05:21] | dropped the name. | 抛弃名字 |
[05:57] | There you go, sir. | 给你 先生 |
[05:59] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[06:32] | Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[06:38] | Daddy. | 爸爸 |
[06:41] | Daddy, it’s perfect. | 爸爸 它太完美了! |
[06:45] | – It’s perfect. It’s perfect. – I’m so glad you like it. | -它太完美了! 它太完美了! -我很高兴你喜欢它 |
[06:47] | – How did you know? – How did I know? | -你怎么知道的? -我怎么知道的 |
[06:49] | I’m your father. I’m supposed to know what to get you for your birthday. | 我是你爸爸 我当然知道该送给你什么生日礼物 |
[06:52] | I have an idea. Will you ride with me? | 我有个好主意 你能和我一起骑车吗? |
[06:55] | Honey, I can’t right now. I’m in the middle of doing some work. | 宝贝 我现在不能 我正忙着工作 |
[06:58] | Come on, just one ride. You have time for one ride, Dad. | 来吧 就骑一会儿 你有时间的 爸爸 |
[07:01] | Honey, you know I’m not much of a bike guy, all right? | 宝贝 你知道我不太喜欢骑车 不是吗? |
[07:03] | So you ride your bike and I’ll come and find you a little bit later. | 那么你骑车自行车 待会儿我去找你 |
[07:12] | Go on, go on, go on. | 去吧 去吧 去吧 |
[07:16] | Happy birthday, baby. | 生日快乐 宝贝 |
[07:57] | I’m recording. | 我正在录制 |
[08:04] | Jesus Christ, | 天啊! |
[08:08] | you look like hell. | 你看上去真差劲 |
[08:10] | When did you start smoking? | 你什么时候开始吸烟的? |
[08:12] | Around the same time you became a total self-absorbed prick. | 在你完全自大的同时 |
[08:15] | You feel good frolicking around with $362 million of my money? | 享受我的3.62亿美元感觉很好吧 |
[08:19] | It’s not your money. It’s half your money. | 这不是你的钱 这是你的一半 |
[08:21] | The rest went to the poor innocent victims whose fingers you chipped off. | 剩下的钱给了那些被你切去手指的穷苦无辜的受害者 |
[08:25] | You wouldn’t have this house or this life if it weren’t for me. | 如果这不是我的 你就不应该享有这样的房子或者生活 |
[08:28] | If you think Jerry and I are gonna give you jackshit | 如果你认为杰里和我会给你任何东西 |
[08:31] | after all you did and did not do for me and Claire… | 毕竟你以前为我和克莱尔做的以及没做的事情 |
[08:34] | Whoa whoa, who’s Jerry? | 慢着 慢着 谁是杰里? |
[08:35] | Jerry King… Lorraine’s new husband | 杰里·金 洛林的新丈夫 |
[08:37] | and a huge fan of yours. | 也是你的超级粉丝 |
[08:43] | Axle’s Army? | 艾克斯利的军队? |
[08:44] | I’m a soldier. | 我是一个士兵 |
[08:47] | – Hey, baby. – Hey, baby. | -嘿 宝贝 -嘿 宝贝 |
[08:50] | Jerry’s a forest ranger. | 杰里是一个护林员 |
[08:52] | He protects the land from the people and the people from the land. | 他保护人们的土地以及土地上的人们 |
[08:54] | Well, that is such a coincidence, | 那真是太巧了 |
[08:57] | ’cause I made about $40 million on the Robert Axle Swing ‘n’ Whack. | 我曾投资4千万美元 制造罗伯特·埃克斯利沙坑杆除草器 |
[09:00] | Part weed-whacker, part sand wedge. | 部分是除草剂 部分是沙坑杆 |
[09:02] | – Now you can… – Trim your lawn | -现在你可以 -修剪你的草坪 |
[09:04] | and shots off your short game with the same device. | 用同样的设备击出短杆 |
[09:06] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[09:08] | So, Ranger Jerr, | 那么 护林员杰 |
[09:11] | since you’re the new man of the house, | 由于你是房子的新主人 |
[09:14] | you think you could let me crash here for a couple of nights? | 你能不能让我在这里住几晚? |
[09:16] | – Uh… – Blow me. | -额 -干脆给我一拳 |
[09:20] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[09:22] | Yeah, it’s all right. Just let me take my car and go. | 那好吧 那就让我开走我的车吧 |
[09:25] | Can I have the keys, Lorraine? | 能给我钥匙吗 洛林? |
[09:30] | Don’t tell me she gave you my car. Did she give you my car? | 不要告诉我她把我的车给你了 她给你我的车了吗? |
[09:33] | It was a birthday present. | 这是一个生日礼物 |
[09:36] | I could give you a ride. | 我可以载你一程 |
[09:40] | I love this sweet bitch. | 我爱死这小东西了 |
[09:43] | Oh baby. | 哦 宝贝 |
[09:45] | Come on, bring it to Daddy. Yeah. | 来吧 到爸爸这里来 好 |
[09:48] | Hey, look, | 嘿 看 |
[09:50] | your boy got you a little mini storage, all right? | 你的小男孩给你一些储备 好吧? |
[09:54] | It’s on Fifth and Plymouth… | 它在普利茅斯第五大街 |
[09:56] | some old prototypes, | 一些旧的材料 |
[09:58] | Axle memorabilia, personal effects and such. | 埃克斯利的纪念品 个人影响等等 |
[10:00] | Wait a minute. Let me get this straight. | 等一下 让我想一想 |
[10:04] | You’re living in my house. You’re humping my ex. | 你住在我的房子里 你搞我的前妻 |
[10:06] | You’re driving my car. And you risk everything for my memorabilia? | 你开我的汽车 你会为了我的纪念品冒一切风险? |
[10:10] | Do you know why most people hate buzzards, Axle? | 你知道为什么大多数人痛恨秃鹰吗 埃克斯利? |
[10:13] | No, I don’t. | 不知道 |
[10:14] | Because they feed on carcasses… | 因为它们以尸体为食 |
[10:17] | a fact that brings blame for a killing | 人们指责他们杀戮 |
[10:20] | that they weren’t even responsible for. | 而它们不必为此负责 |
[10:23] | The buzzard is unjustly persecuted. | 实际上秃鹰受到不公正的对待 |
[10:29] | Right. | 是的 |
[10:44] | You guys, there’s a homeless man at the door. | 你们看 门前有个流浪汉 |
[10:50] | All I have is two ones and a 20. Should I just give him the 20? | 我只有两个1美元 一个20美元 我应该给他20美元? |
[10:53] | – We’re not letting a nutjob in. – We’re not letting him in. | -我们不能让一个怪人进来 -我们不能让他进来 |
[10:55] | – I’m gonna slide it under the door. – Guys, don’t. | -我在门后阻止他 -伙计们 不要 |
[10:57] | Calm down. Just ’cause he’s homeless doesn’t mean he’s dangerous. | 安静些 仅仅因为他是流浪汉并不意味着他危险 |
[11:08] | Guys, I can handle it. Just give me a minute, okay? | 姐妹们 我能处理他 给我一分钟 好吗? |
[11:11] | Let him in. | 让他进来 |
[11:12] | It’s my father. | 他是我父亲 |
[11:16] | Just give me a minute. | 给我一分钟 |
[11:31] | Wow, look at you. | 哇唔 看看你 |
[11:33] | Wow. | 哇唔 |
[11:35] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[11:40] | I… I read about your girls’ home. | 我看到了关于你们的房子 |
[11:43] | Center for Women’s Employment. | 妇女就业中心 |
[11:46] | Anyway, I just thought I’d come by and tell you… | 不管怎样 我想过来和你说说 |
[11:49] | Where are you staying? | 你住在哪里? |
[11:50] | A shelter. | 一个庇护所 |
[11:53] | A shelter, a halfway home? | 庇护所 半路上的? |
[11:55] | It’s a shelter-home… a hybrid thing. | 这是个庇护所家庭 混合式的 |
[11:58] | Well, it must be that one on Fulton and Sixth. | 一定是富尔顿与第六大街交汇处的那个 |
[12:00] | I heard it’s supposed to be nice. They got new cots last year. | 我听说那里很好 去年他们安置了新床 |
[12:03] | This is stupid. | 我很愚蠢 |
[12:06] | I shouldn’t have come here at all. I don’t know why I did. | 我根本不该来这儿 我不知道为什么 |
[12:08] | Obviously you’ve got your own life, your own career. | 显然你有自己的生活 自己的事业 |
[12:11] | Wait. | 等等 |
[12:13] | Wait here. | 在这等会儿 |
[12:39] | Does he need a place to stay? ‘Cause he could stay here. | 他需要住的地方吗? 他可以住在这儿 |
[12:41] | He’s not gonna stay here. He does not deserve to be around you. | 他不能住在这儿 他不值得和你住在一起 |
[12:44] | You gotta shut him down, wall him off. | 你应该拒绝他 赶他走 |
[12:46] | I mean, he loves you. He came to see you. | 我想 他爱你 他过来看看你 |
[12:49] | How does that mean he loves her? He’s a user. | 这怎么是他爱她呢? 他是个实用主义者 |
[13:00] | Take this. It’s the rainy season. | 拿着这个 现在是雨季 |
[13:03] | You’ll need it. | 你需要它 |
[13:05] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[13:57] | I’ll give you one month. Let’s go. | 我给你一个月 走吧 |
[14:11] | – I can pay rent. It’s not a problem. – I don’t want rent money. | -我可以付租金 这不是问题 -我不要租金 |
[14:14] | Okay, well, at least let me pay for some groceries. | 那好吧 至少让我支付食品钱 |
[14:16] | I don’t want your grocery money. You’ll get a job… a real job, | 我不要你的食品钱 你要得到一个工作 真正的工作 |
[14:19] | ’cause at the end of 30 days you’re on your own. | 因为30天结束后 你要靠你自己生活 |
[14:35] | Hi. I’m Donna. | 你好 我是唐娜 |
[14:37] | It’s so nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[14:39] | Claire and I have been roommates since freshman year | 克莱尔和我自从新生开始就是室友了 |
[14:41] | and I feel like I know nothing about you. | 我想我对你一无所知 |
[14:44] | Well, I wish I could sit on my couch, but I can’t, | 我想坐在我的沙发上 但是我不能 |
[14:46] | ’cause Captain Caveman’s on it. | 因为洞穴人队长正坐在上面 |
[14:48] | – Who’s that? – That’s just Phoebe. | -她是谁? -她是菲比 |
[14:49] | You know, I’m studying for my LSATs. Dad wants me to be a lawyer. | 我现在正在为法学院入学考试做准备 父亲希望我成为一个律师 |
[14:52] | He says it doesn’t matter what kind. What do you think? | 他说什么类型的没关系 你认为怎么样? |
[14:54] | I don’t know. Where’s Phoebe from? | 我不知道 菲比来自哪里? |
[14:56] | She’s from Craigslist, back when we were looking for a roommate. | 她来自克雷格列表[网站名] 当我们正寻找室友时来的 |
[14:59] | Now not so much. | 现在 不要知道那么多 |
[15:03] | She’s a lesbian. | 她是个同志 |
[15:05] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的? -是的 |
[15:07] | I wouldn’t have guessed that. | 我没猜到 |
[15:10] | Oh, Claire, these eggs are so good… | 哦 克莱尔 这些鸡蛋看起来很好 |
[15:13] | not too hard, not too soft. They’re right where you want to be. | 不太硬 不太软 他们正巧是你想要的 |
[15:16] | You really think that you can come in here | 你真的以为你可以融入进来 |
[15:18] | and you can compliment her eggs, and that makes up for the fact | 你赞美她的鸡蛋 这就造成了一个事实 |
[15:20] | that you’ve been MIA for the better part of her life? | 你为了她美好生活的一部分已经成为了MIA |
[15:22] | Phoebe, can we not get into the whole MIA thing right now? Okay? | 菲比 我们现在不谈论MIA 好吗? |
[15:24] | Do you need a bike? ‘Cause if you do, you could totally borrow mine. | 你需要自行车吗? 如果你需要 你可以借我的 |
[15:28] | Donna, it’s okay. He doesn’t need your bike. | 唐娜 好了 他不需要你的自行车 |
[15:32] | So, Phoebe, what do you do for a living? | 菲比 你是做什么来生活的 |
[15:35] | – She’s a gym teacher. – Oh, that’s interesting. | -她是个体育老师 -那真有趣 |
[15:38] | You know, you don’t meet that many lesbians who teach gym. | 你不会遇到太多教体育的同志 |
[15:40] | I’d rather be a lesbian gym teacher than the world’s | 我更愿意成为一个教体育的同志 也不愿 |
[15:43] | preeminent infomercial douchebag. | 成为卓越的商业混蛋 |
[15:45] | Hey, enough. Enough. | 嘿 够了 够了 |
[15:47] | You know, I love inventions. | 你知道的 我热爱发明 |
[15:49] | The Ped Egg, the ThighMaster, the George Foreman Grill… | 比如磨脚器 腿媚施[健身器材] 乔治·富尔曼烤架 |
[15:52] | I mean, they’re amazing. | 我的意思是 它们是那么令人惊奇 |
[15:54] | Donna, he didn’t invent those. | 唐娜 他没有发明那些东西 |
[15:55] | Also I’m not really what you call an inventor, so to speak. | 可以说 我也不是你所认为的那种发明家 |
[15:59] | It’s more… the term is “fabricator.” | 更多的是 应该是”捏造者” |
[16:02] | You mean liar? | 你的意思是骗子 |
[16:03] | Actually, according to Webster, | 实际上根据韦伯斯特 |
[16:05] | “liar” is the fourth definition of “fabricator.” | 骗子是捏造者的第四种定义 |
[16:08] | I can’t believe you remember that. | 我不敢相信你知道这个 |
[16:10] | Well, what’s the first? | 那么 第一种是什么? |
[16:12] | Well, the first definition is “someone who creates | 第一种定义是”一些人创造东西 |
[16:14] | by combining existing, very often diverse standardized parts | 是通过组合现有的 不同种类的事物 |
[16:19] | and brings them together.” That’s what I do. | 把他们组装在一起” 这就是我所做的 |
[16:21] | Keep telling yourself that bullshit, Bob. | 继续胡扯吧 鲍勃 |
[16:25] | Thanks for breakfast. | 谢谢你的早餐 |
[16:26] | And I’d love to stay here and have this pleasant chat, | 我喜欢呆在这儿 进行有趣的谈话 |
[16:29] | but the world’s most famous infomercial douche | 不过这个世界上最著名的商业混蛋 |
[16:32] | doesn’t want to be late for his first day on the job. | 并不希望在第一天上班时迟到 |
[16:35] | – You have a job? – Yeah, Family Mart. | -你获得了一份工作? -是的 在家庭超市 |
[16:38] | What do they have you doing? Mopping the floors or cleaning the toilets? | 他们让你干什么? 拖地板还是扫厕所 |
[16:41] | Phoebe. | 菲比 |
[16:49] | Robert Axle, as I live and breathe. | 罗伯特·埃克斯利 真想不到 |
[16:52] | Uh, Troy. | 额 特洛伊 |
[16:54] | Troy Coangelo. | 特洛伊·卡恩格勒 |
[16:57] | Hey, you’re 19 minutes late, but don’t sweat it, man. | 嘿 你迟到了19分钟 不过你不用着急 |
[17:00] | I can rig the time stamp on the punch-in clock | 我可以操纵时间 在打卡机上签名 |
[17:02] | to make sure you get credit for a full shift. | 以确保你完全改善信用 |
[17:04] | Great. Thanks. | 好极了 谢谢 |
[17:06] | Oh, and here is a pen and a pad | 哦 给你的笔和便笺簿 |
[17:09] | in case you get one of your great ideas. | 确保你记下每一个好点子 |
[17:13] | Oh, and we got guys in the break room | 我们还会让休息室里的那群家伙 |
[17:16] | to get you a foot massage, latte… whatever you need. | 给你做个脚底按摩 来杯拿铁咖啡 无论你需要什么 |
[17:20] | I thought this was a felon reform program. | 我想这就是个罪犯重生计划了 |
[17:22] | – You know what “felon reform” means? – Apparently not. | -你知道”罪犯重生”是什么意思吗? -不知道 |
[17:25] | It means you represent a monumental risk to my company. | 意思是你给我的公司带来了巨大的危险 |
[17:28] | And it also means if you show up late, | 同时也意味着 如果你迟到了 |
[17:30] | forget to shave or so much as breathe at the wrong time, | 忘记刮胡子或者在错误时间喘气 |
[17:32] | I have full authority to terminate your employment, | 我就有足够的权力解雇你 |
[17:35] | no warning, no cause, no pink slip, | 没有警告 没有理由 没有解雇通知书 |
[17:37] | just sayonara, kemosabe. | 只会说再见 |
[17:39] | Wait, I’m confused. Am I fired? | 等等 我不明白 我被解雇了吗? |
[17:42] | No, but you’re sure as hell not starting today. | 还没有 不过如果不立即执行 你就会被解雇 |
[17:44] | So when am I starting? | 那么 我什么时候开始执行? |
[17:47] | Whenever you can show up on time. Presumably tomorrow. | 无论什么时候你都要准时出现 大概明天开始 |
[17:56] | Whoa, what are you doing? | 哇唔 你在干什么? |
[17:58] | Hi honey. Well, you know what? | 你好 宝贝 你知道吗? |
[18:00] | I saw this leaning up against the wall and I decided to hang it up for you. | 我看到这幅画斜靠在墙上 于是我就打算替你挂上 |
[18:04] | Well, did it ever occur to you that I didn’t want it hung? | 难道你不知道我不想挂起来吗? |
[18:06] | No, I didn’t think about that fact. | 不知道 我没想过 |
[18:08] | You know what? I can take it down just as easily. | 你知道吗 我可以轻易的把它取下来 |
[18:10] | Oh my God, you got fired, didn’t you? | 啊 上帝 你被解雇了 是不是? |
[18:13] | Fired? Good Lord, no. | 解雇? 上帝 没有那回事 |
[18:15] | As a matter of fact, this is the first day | 实际上 这是第一天 |
[18:18] | that I feel I’ve done an honest day’s work in a long long time. | 我觉得辛苦工作了很长时间 |
[18:20] | In fact, I still had enough time to come home, reconfigure the fish tank | 不过 我仍有充足的时间回到家里 重新整理了鱼缸 |
[18:23] | and look at this… something I learned in prison… | 看看 我在监狱里学到的 |
[18:25] | I taught one of these guys how to shoot a basket. Which one is he? | 我教会了它们其中一个怎么投篮 猜猜它是哪一个? |
[18:28] | Where is my mail? | 我的信箱在哪里? |
[18:30] | Oh, well, I made you a terrific new mail recycling station right over there. | 我给你做了一个极好的 新的信件循环装置 就在那儿 |
[18:34] | Now you can open your mail, drop in the bits you don’t want | 现在你可以打开邮箱 把不需要的信件 |
[18:37] | right into that basket without having to walk all the way to the kitchen. | 扔到筐里而不需要走着去厨房 |
[18:41] | Yeah, it’s probably more comfortable for you to be in your own room. | 它会让你在自己房间里感觉更加舒服 |
[18:44] | But, you know, I can bring the whole mail opening system into your bedroom. | 不过 我可以把整个邮箱系统搬进你的卧室 |
[18:47] | – Would you stop? – Stop what? | -你要停下来吗? -停止什么? |
[18:50] | Stop trying to be Joe Dad. | 停止表演完美的父亲 |
[18:53] | I’m sorry. You’re right. | 对不起 你是对的 |
[18:55] | I’m done. I’m done. I’m sorry. | 我不做了 我不做了 对不起 |
[19:01] | What was that? | 那是什么? |
[19:03] | It’s the carbon monoxide detector I installed. | 那是我装的一氧化碳检测器 |
[19:06] | What was that? | 那是什么? |
[19:08] | Our new carbon monoxide detector. | 新的一氧化碳检测器 |
[19:11] | Carbon monoxide? Nobody smokes in this house. | 一氧化碳检测器? 这里没有人吸烟 |
[19:25] | – Donna. – Yeah? | -唐娜 -什么事? |
[19:28] | – Donna. – Yeah, come in. | -唐娜 -好 进来吧 |
[19:33] | Well, it’s official. Everyone in this house hates me. | 明摆着 这里的每个人都恨我 |
[19:36] | No, I don’t hate you. | 不 我不恨你 |
[19:38] | Actually I’ve been looking at your case | 实际上我正在看你的案子 |
[19:40] | and you gotta help me understand something. | 你来帮我搞明白这个 |
[19:41] | You were charged for depraved indifference to human life, | 你被控告生活堕落 冷漠 |
[19:44] | which requires recklessness. | 需要更加谨慎 |
[19:45] | Wasn’t it the victims who were reckless, not you? | 难道不是受害者鲁莽吗? 不该怪你 |
[19:48] | I mean, they are the ones who stuck their fingers in this… | 我的意思是应该怪罪那些把手指插进 |
[19:50] | Whoa whoa whoa, where did you get that? | 哇唔 哇唔 哇唔 你从那里得到的这个? |
[19:52] | Dad had one in the attic. | 爸爸在阁楼里有一个 |
[19:56] | What the hell, Axle? | 到底怎么了 埃克斯利? |
[20:11] | Argh! | 啊! |
[20:57] | Face or nuts? | 脸还是蛋蛋 |
[21:00] | – What? – You violated my fish, | -什么? -你侵犯了我的鱼 |
[21:02] | so I get a free shot. Where do you want it? Face or nuts? | 所以我可以揍你 你想要揍哪里? 脸还是蛋蛋? |
[21:04] | I didn’t violate your fish. I reconfigured the fish tank. | 我没有侵犯你的鱼 我在重新整理鱼缸 |
[21:06] | – Then I hung up the paint… – Face or nuts? | -然后我挂上画 -脸还是蛋蛋? |
[21:08] | Face. | 脸 |
[21:10] | Oh! | 哦 |
[21:53] | Excuse me, can you point me to the bathroom? | 打扰一下 你能告诉我怎么去厕所吗? |
[21:59] | You look like a smart guy. | 你看起来是一个聪明人 |
[22:01] | Were you aware that these Steve Leslie discoveries | 你有没有意识到这些史蒂夫·莱斯利的发明 |
[22:04] | were in fact discovered by someone else? | 实际上是其他人发明的 |
[22:06] | And they’re not discoveries at all. They’re fabrications. | 它们根本上也不是发明 它们是捏造的 |
[22:09] | So there’s very little discovering going on. | 其中仅仅含有一丁点发明 |
[22:11] | Dude, I just want to know where the bathroom is. | 我只想知道厕所在哪里 |
[22:15] | It’s in the back left corner of the store, behind Housewares. | 它在超市的左后角 家庭用具的后面 |
[22:22] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[22:23] | I’m just trying to think of ways that we can add value | 我在想办法使我们增加产值 |
[22:26] | and make the customer more informed. | 让顾客得到更多的信息 |
[22:28] | We? There’s no we. | 我们? 没有我们 |
[22:30] | There’s us… Family Mart, | 只有家庭超市 |
[22:32] | and you… felon who should not be talking to customers. | 还有你这个家伙不要和顾客说话 |
[22:37] | Oh my God. | 哦 我的天 |
[22:40] | Whoa. | 噢 |
[22:48] | You’re… | 你 |
[22:50] | I’m fried? | 我被解雇了? |
[22:53] | You’re fired! | 你是被解雇了! |
[23:25] | Axle. | 埃克斯利 |
[23:30] | You know me? | 你知道我? |
[23:31] | It’s on your shirt. | 你的衬衫上写着 |
[23:35] | Want to play some handball? | 想一起玩手球吗? |
[23:37] | I’m a little busy right now. | 我现在有点忙 |
[23:38] | You don’t look so busy to me. | 你看起来很清闲 |
[23:40] | Where’s your mother? | 你妈妈在哪里? |
[23:42] | – Go talk to her. – Please, I’m so bored. | -去和她说吧 -求求你了 我现在很无聊 |
[23:45] | You look like a nice kid, but I’m right in the middle of something. | 你看起来是个乖孩子 但我现在正在处理一些事情 |
[23:47] | I’m sure handball would be a lot of fun, but… | 我知道手球很有趣 不过 |
[23:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:01] | Argh! | 啊 |
[24:03] | Oh. | 哦 |
[24:05] | – You’re too fancy with your feet. – All right, all right. | -你脚上动作太多了 -好的 好的 |
[24:09] | Oh, interference. | 哦 要撞了 |
[24:11] | – Are you accusing me of being a cheat? – Just serve. | -你在怪我欺骗你吗? -发球吧 |
[24:19] | Oh, whoa whoa whoa. What is that? | 哇唔 哇唔 哇唔 这是什么? |
[24:21] | – A kickie. – Since when are kickies allowed? | -脚球 -什么时候脚球被允许的? |
[24:24] | – George. – Gotta go. Bye. | -乔治 -我该走了 再见 |
[24:44] | My mom says you need a haircut. | 我妈妈说你需要理发了 |
[24:46] | What’s the matter with my hair? | 这和我的头发有什么关系? |
[24:48] | You look somebody I’m not supposed to talk to. | 你看起来像我不能和他说话的那种人 |
[25:20] | Ladies and gentlemen, the Robert Axle Air Cutter… | 先生们 女士们 这就是罗伯特·埃克斯利牌真空理发器 |
[25:24] | part clippers, part vacuum, | 部分是理发器 部分是吸尘器 |
[25:26] | salon-caliber haircuts in the privacy of your own home | 在私人家庭里享受美发厅水准的理发 |
[25:29] | without the hairy mess | 而不会再有头发渣屑 |
[25:31] | or the heavy prices. | 也不会有昂贵的价格 |
[25:48] | Whoa, check out the new Axle. | 哦 看看新的埃克斯利 |
[25:51] | Well, do you like it? | 你喜欢吗? |
[25:53] | I was hoping it’s all right. It’s… | 我希望它看起来很好 |
[25:55] | Yeah, you look distinguished, | 你看起来很高贵 |
[25:57] | like a college professor. | 就像个大学教授 |
[26:00] | You know, what would go good with that midlife crisis | 你知道 什么会让你度过中年危机吗 |
[26:03] | is an earring or maybe a Mazda Miata. | 那就是耳环或者一辆马自达 |
[26:05] | You know what would go great with that winning personality of yours? | 你知道什么会让你的获胜潜质提高吗? |
[26:09] | A therapist. | 那就是心理医生 |
[26:10] | – Claire, where are you going? – My mom’s. | -克莱尔 你去哪里? -我妈妈家 |
[26:13] | Wait up. I’ll walk out with you. | 等等 我和你一起去 |
[26:15] | Don’t we have our own washer and dryer? | 我们没有自己的洗衣机和烘干机吗? |
[26:17] | We have a washer and dryer. She doesn’t want to be around you, douchebag. | 我们有洗衣机和烘干机 她只是不想和你在一起 白痴 |
[26:23] | You realize you’re playing a plastic guitar? | 你不知道你玩的是把塑料吉他吗? |
[26:27] | – Guitar or drums? – What? | -吉他还是打鼓? -什么? |
[26:30] | You rag on my Rock Band, I’m gonna kick your ass. Guitar or drums? | 你戏弄我的摇滚乐队 我要狠狠教训你 吉他还是打鼓? |
[26:32] | I didn’t rag on your Rock Band. I was making an obser… | 我没有嘲笑你的摇滚乐队 我只是说了我看到的 |
[26:34] | Guitar or drums? | 吉他还是打鼓? |
[26:36] | Guitar? | 吉他? |
[26:38] | I want to play guitar. You can play the drums. | 我想玩吉他 你还是打鼓吧 |
[26:41] | It makes no sense to me that you would invite him to your fundraiser. | 我觉得你要请他作募捐人是不明智的 |
[26:45] | I cannot not invite him. | 我不能不邀请他 |
[26:47] | He lives with us. That’s just rude. | 他和我们住在一起 否则太无礼了 |
[26:50] | Well, you live with the fish and you didn’t invite the fish. | 那么 你和鱼住在一块 你怎么不邀请鱼 |
[26:52] | I did not come here to talk about Robert Axle. | 我到这里不是来讨论罗伯特·埃克斯利的 |
[26:55] | Well, that’s too bad, because Robert Axle is gonna be the only thing | 那就糟了 因为罗伯特·埃克斯利将会成为唯一的事情 |
[26:58] | that people are talking about if you invite him to the gala. | 人们可以讨论的 如果你邀请他的话 |
[27:00] | And no one is gonna be writing a check for you | 没人将会给你支票 |
[27:02] | if they know you’re affiliated with that. | 如果他们知道你和他有关系 |
[27:04] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[27:05] | Oh, I forgot. I have clothes. | 哦 我差点忘了 我有些衣服 |
[27:08] | I have clothes to donate to the women’s center. | 我准备了些衣服捐给妇女中心 |
[27:10] | Ma, it’s really okay. | 妈妈 好了 |
[27:12] | Do you remember that single mother that you introduced me to? | 你还记得你介绍给我的那个单身母亲吗? |
[27:14] | I know she’s got that job interview, so what about this for her? | 我知道她获得工作面试 那么这件对她来说怎么样 |
[27:18] | Doesn’t it just say, “Hire me,” “Power” and…? | 不是经常说”雇佣我吧””给我力量吧”之类的 |
[27:21] | – Oh, and you could pair it… – Mom. Mom. | -哦 你可以把它装起来 -妈妈 妈妈 |
[27:23] | …with this fantastic leopard. Just look. | 和这个豹式衬衫一起 看看 |
[27:25] | – Mom. – Just look. Watch. | -妈妈 -看看 |
[27:28] | If we don’t raise the money we need to raise, | 如果我们没有筹到我们需要的钱 |
[27:31] | can I count on you for a loan? | 我能向你借点吗? |
[27:33] | I swear to God, I’ll pay you back. | 我向天发誓 我会还给你的 |
[27:37] | I mean, you have offered a thousand times. | 我的意思是你已经帮助过很多次了 |
[27:41] | And you know what? | 你知道吗? |
[27:43] | I’m really proud of myself that I’m not afraid to ask you for help. | 我为自己感到自豪 我没有因害怕而不敢向你借钱 |
[27:46] | It’s a big step for me. | 这对于我来说是艰难的一步 |
[27:49] | – It’s gone. – What’s gone? | -全没了 -什么没了? |
[27:52] | The money’s gone. I’m filing for bankruptcy. | 钱没了 我正在申请破产 |
[27:55] | You spent $362 million? | 你花光了3.62亿? |
[27:59] | Well, you know, | 你知道的 |
[28:02] | there were funds. | 有很多基金 |
[28:04] | There were mutual things. | 还有很多共有基金 |
[28:06] | And you know what? | 你还知道吗? |
[28:08] | There’s a lot of causes that I feel very strongly about, | 也有许多很好的东西需要资助 |
[28:10] | like that elephant rescue. | 比如救助大象 |
[28:12] | What about your album? It went gold. You sold 500,000 copies. | 你的专辑呢? 它已经很火了 你已经卖了50万张 |
[28:16] | I bought 498,000 copies myself. | 我自己买了49万8千张 |
[28:18] | You’re kidding me. | 你在开玩笑吗? |
[28:20] | I wanted a gold record, okay? Is that the crime of the century? | 我想要一个火爆的销售 不行吗? 这是犯罪吗? |
[28:25] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[28:27] | What do you mean, I’m right? | 你是什么意思 我是正确的? |
[28:29] | I’m a horrible horrible mother… | 我是个令人讨厌的母亲 |
[28:32] | horrible. | 令人讨厌的 |
[28:33] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[28:37] | Yellow is coming. | 黄色来了 |
[28:39] | Yellow yellow yellow yellow, | 黄色 黄色 黄色 黄色 |
[28:41] | red red, blue blue. | 红色 红色 蓝色 蓝色 |
[28:44] | Oh, this is incredible. This is like, | 真不敢相信 这感觉 |
[28:46] | feel like a rock star in the comfort of your own home. | 感觉就像摇滚明星在温暖的家里 |
[28:49] | This is one fabrication I wish I could call my own. | 这是虚幻的 我希望我能回归自己 |
[28:51] | I know. It’s like a drug, isn’t it? The crowd is screaming for us. | 我知道 就像吸毒一样 对不对? 一群人正在向你尖叫着 |
[28:55] | Imagine this with a microphone. | 想象拿着麦克风 |
[29:02] | Eight years with nothing to do but think, | 八年了 什么事情都没做 只是在思考 |
[29:04] | and I don’t come up with one single good idea. | 我还是没想出一个好点子 |
[29:06] | Dude, don’t be so hard on yourself. I mean, you got a good job. | 不要逼自己太紧 你已经获得了一份好工作 |
[29:09] | No, actually I don’t anymore. I got fired from Family Mart. | 没有 实际上我不会再有了 我被家庭超市开除了 |
[29:13] | Blue blue, red. | 蓝色 蓝色 红色 |
[29:14] | Wow, that’s impressive. They have some real derelicts working there. | 哇唔 真令人同情 他们让一些真正的废物在那里工作 |
[29:17] | And then I bust myself trying to fix up this house. | 然后我迫使自己试着融入这个家庭 |
[29:20] | I even hung that painting for Claire. | 我甚至帮克莱尔悬挂那幅画 |
[29:22] | She hated it so much, I wish I’d never done it. | 她是那么讨厌 我多么希望我没做过 |
[29:25] | She wasn’t mad. She’s been trying to hang that thing since I moved here. | 她没有生气 自从我搬到这里 她就试着挂上那幅画 |
[29:38] | All right, tell me something about yourself | 好吧 谈谈你自己吧 |
[29:40] | besides the fact that you’re an angry lesbian. | 除了我知道的你是个愤怒的同志 |
[29:42] | – That’s all I got. – I got that part. Something else. | -那就是我的全部 -那是一部分 谈谈其他的 |
[29:48] | I got fake tits when I was 30. | 当我30岁时 我装了假胸 |
[29:52] | They look real to me. | 我没看看出来 |
[29:54] | That’s ’cause I had a take-back-the-night moment | 因为当晚我决定回收它们 |
[29:57] | and I had them yanked out three months later. | 三个月后 我就把它们拔了出来 |
[30:00] | Wow, that just totally threw me off rhythm. | 我完全忘记旋律了 |
[30:04] | Lorraine baby, come down. You’re scaring us. | 洛林 宝贝 下来吧 你吓着我们了 |
[30:07] | My daughter finally needs me and I’m broke. | 我女儿最终需要我了 我却身无分文 |
[30:10] | It’s only two stories. She won’t kill herself. | 这只有两层 她杀不了自己的 |
[30:13] | The worst she could do is break her leg. | 最坏的结果只会摔断腿 |
[30:14] | No, I could crack my neck. | 不止那样 我会摔断脖子 |
[30:16] | Mom, I’ll be okay. | 妈妈 我没事的 |
[30:17] | I see this all the time in the forest: | 我一直记着这么一个故事: 在森林里 |
[30:19] | Baby bird wants to leave the nest; mama bird gets all antsy, | 鸟宝宝想离开鸟巢 鸟妈妈坐立不安 |
[30:22] | pacing, pecking. | 踱着步 到处啄着 |
[30:23] | She thinks baby bird doesn’t know how to fly. | 她认为鸟宝宝不知道怎么飞 |
[30:25] | And she flies. | 她会飞 |
[30:27] | Does she? | 她会吗? |
[30:28] | Actually no. | 实际上也不会 |
[30:30] | A lot of times she dive-bombs into the ground, beak first. | 很多次就像炸弹一样落在地上 嘴插进地里 |
[30:34] | Okay, that’s not helping. | 好了 这没有用的 |
[30:36] | I don’t care about the money, Mom. | 妈妈 我不在乎钱的 |
[30:39] | Okay, but if I come down, | 好了 不过如果我下来了 |
[30:40] | you have to promise you’re not gonna invite him. | 你要保证你不会邀请他 |
[30:43] | I will not invite him. I promise. | 我保证我不会邀请他 |
[30:49] | All right. | 好了 |
[31:22] | Stop, okay? I heard you. What do you want? | 停下来 好吗? 我听到了 你想干什么? |
[31:24] | Hi! | 你好 |
[31:27] | Claire! | 克莱尔 |
[31:29] | Yeah, I heard you. What do you want? | 我听到了 你想干什么? |
[31:31] | I thought we could go for coffee. | 我想我们可以去喝杯咖啡 |
[31:33] | What? No, you’re not coming with me. | 什么? 不 你不能跟着我 |
[31:36] | What? | 什么? |
[31:51] | So what is it with your mother and this music crap? | 那么你妈妈在忙什么? 垃圾音乐? |
[31:54] | It’s not crap. It’s her thing. | 这不是垃圾 这是她的创作 |
[32:02] | So Phoebe tells me that you sew clothes | 菲比告诉我你在缝制衣服 |
[32:04] | for the women at the center. How long have you been doing that? | 为中心的那些妇女们 你做这个多久了? |
[32:07] | Is it okay if we don’t talk? | 我们不说话 好吗? |
[32:10] | Just trying to start a conversation. | 我只是试着和你交流 |
[32:20] | I like magazines more than books. | 和书相比 我更喜欢杂志 |
[32:24] | And I really enjoy bingo. | 我很喜欢宾果游戏 |
[32:28] | I like bingo. | 我喜欢宾果游戏 |
[32:31] | And I’ve been having rabid erotic sex since I was 15. | 自从15岁 我就开始有规律的做爱 |
[32:36] | I don’t need any of the details. | 我不需要了解这些细节 |
[32:38] | The guy was 39. | 那个家伙39岁了 |
[32:40] | Oh, stop it. | 停 |
[32:47] | You are kidding. | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[32:49] | Yes, I’m kidding. | 是的 我在开玩笑 |
[32:56] | Did you give me this jacket because it’s rainy season | 你给我这件夹克 是不是因为现在是雨季 |
[32:58] | or because you wanted me to look like a tool? | 还是因为你想让我看起来很傻 |
[33:00] | A little bit of both. | 两者都有 |
[33:02] | Huh. | 额 |
[33:09] | – Thanks. – You’re very welcome. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[33:12] | Hey, are you hungry? | 嘿 你饿了吗? |
[33:14] | I could eat. | 我想吃东西 |
[33:16] | Yeah, me too. | 我也是 |
[33:18] | See, some people think jumping jacks don’t do anything. | 一些人认为跳爆竹没有任何作用 |
[33:21] | Well, I’ll tell you what, Abby… you do these jumping jacks for 30 minutes, | 那么 我将告诉你们的是 你们跳30分钟的爆竹 |
[33:24] | you’re gonna sweat your balls off. This shit is hard. | 你们将会汗流浃背 这很难受 |
[33:27] | All right, now we’re doing windmills. I’ll tell you what, Savannah… | 好了 现在我们开始旋转 我将告诉你们的是 萨凡纳 |
[33:30] | you want a boy to text you, you do these windmills. | 你想让小男孩给你发短信 你来旋转 |
[33:32] | You want a date to the prom, do windmills. | 你想在毕业舞会上约会 开始旋转 |
[33:34] | Andre, you want the girls to think you’re hot, do windmills. | 你想让女孩们认为你很帅 开始旋转 |
[33:38] | – Hi. – What are you doing here? | -你好 -你在这里干什么? |
[33:40] | Sorry. I hate to disturb you in the middle of your class, | 对不起 我实在不想在上课时打扰你 |
[33:43] | but I just… I need your help. | 但我 我需要你的帮助 |
[33:47] | I’m really busy enriching these kids’ lives. | 我现在正忙着丰富这群孩子的生活 |
[33:49] | No, that’s great. I just need… | 不 这很好 我只是 |
[33:51] | Andre, toes. Toes, not shins. Toes. | 安德烈 脚趾 脚趾 不是小腿 脚趾 |
[33:55] | I need a new outfit. | 我需要一件新的外套 |
[34:02] | Are you sure this is the right store for me? | 你确定是这家店吗? |
[34:05] | I’m trying to make you cooler, you see, | 我会让你变酷的 瞧着吧 |
[34:07] | not go to the stores that you usually go to… the uncool ones. | 不要去那些你经常去的但不酷的商店 |
[34:09] | I haven’t been to a store in quite a long time, frankly. | 我很长时间没去过商店了 |
[34:18] | – Hey. – Hey. | -嘿 -嘿 |
[34:20] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[34:22] | He needs to exchange his suit. | 他想交换他的衣服 |
[34:26] | Six bucks. | 6块钱 |
[34:28] | Six bucks? This cost me four grand. | 6块钱? 它花了我4千块 |
[34:30] | I sold my first fabrication in this. This is my lucky goddamn suit. | 我穿着它卖了我的第一件作品 它是我的幸运衣服 |
[34:33] | I don’t think it’s lucky anymore, do you? | 我认为它不再幸运了 不是吗? |
[34:35] | Don’t sell it then. Use your parolee money. I don’t care. | 那就不卖了 用你假释获得的钱 我不在乎 |
[34:38] | I don’t have any more, all right? I had to buy stuff. | 我没有钱 知道吗? 我必须买些东西 |
[34:41] | What did you buy? | 你买什么了? |
[34:43] | You know, taxis, donuts, deodorant. | 你知道的 出租车 炸面圈 除臭剂 |
[34:47] | I’ll go up to seven bucks. | 我出7块钱 |
[34:49] | – Looks good. – I feel like an asshole. | -看起来很好 -我看起来像个白痴 |
[34:51] | You are an asshole, but you look better. | 你是个白痴 但你看你来很好 |
[34:53] | – I look like a lesbian. – You look gender-neutral. | -我看起来像个同性恋 -男女皆宜 |
[34:56] | Gender-neutral? That wasn’t exactly the look I was going for. | 中性? 那不是我想要的 |
[34:59] | It’s cool. It’s like urban DJ. | 这很酷 就像流行音乐主持人 |
[35:01] | Right. | 是的 |
[35:03] | Lily! | 莉莉! |
[35:06] | Lily! | 莉莉! |
[35:09] | – Lily! – Did you lose your dog, ma’am? | -莉莉! -你的狗不见了吗 女士? |
[35:11] | No, it’s my daughter. I can’t find my daughter. | 不 是我女儿 我找不到女儿了 |
[35:14] | – Oh, is that her? Hey. – Lily, Lily. | -哦 是她吗? 嘿 -莉莉 莉莉 |
[35:18] | Don’t ever do that. | 不要再这么做了 |
[35:20] | Don’t ever run away from me again like that. | 不要像这样从我身边跑开 |
[35:22] | You scared Mommy. Do you understand what could happen to you? | 你吓坏妈妈了? 知道刚才你干什么了吗? |
[35:27] | Oh yeah, saving the day. | 哦 好呀 运气好转了 |
[35:53] | Steven Leslie. | 斯蒂芬·莱斯利 |
[35:57] | Robert Axle. | 罗伯特·埃克斯利 |
[35:59] | How’s the family? How’s Claire? | 家人怎么样? 克莱尔还好吧? |
[36:01] | Fine. How’s my $1.6 billion company? | 很好 我的价值16亿美元的公司怎么样? |
[36:06] | It’s 2.7 now. | 现在是27亿了 |
[36:10] | Oh, you feel good about that, huh? Sucking off the Robert Axle teat? | 你感觉很好 是不是? 允吸着罗伯特·埃克斯利公司的乳头 |
[36:13] | Your name on the product… you take the fall when it disfigures people. | 你的名字写在产品上 当它伤害顾客的时候 你就得替他顶罪 |
[36:16] | My name was the product. | 我的名字就是产品 |
[36:17] | Face it, we could have put birdshit in a box | 想想看 我们把些小东西组装在一块 |
[36:20] | and we would have moved three million units | 就能卖三百万台 |
[36:22] | as long as it was a Robert Axle fabrication. | 只要它是罗伯特·埃克斯利的产品 |
[36:24] | What do you want, Axle? | 你想做什么 埃克斯利? |
[36:25] | Steve, we live in the world | 斯蒂芬 我们住的这个世界上 |
[36:27] | where parents are so paranoid about losing their children | 父母最怕失去孩子 |
[36:29] | that they’re willing to put a leash on them just to keep track of them. | 因此他们给孩子绑上绳子 已便随时抓住他们 |
[36:32] | Now imagine if that leash were wireless. | 想想假如绳子变成无线 |
[36:35] | The kid doesn’t feel like a dog; | 孩子就不会感觉像条狗 |
[36:36] | the parents know the instant the kid wanders out of a certain range; | 当孩子超出一定范围后 父母就会立刻知道 |
[36:39] | they get a vibration on a receiver; they know where their kids are. | 他们从接收器上获得震动 他们知道孩子在哪 |
[36:42] | Wireless child leashes already exist, Axle… not big sellers. | 无线牵引带已经存在了 埃克斯利 卖的不多 |
[36:46] | – And you know why? – Why? | -你知道为什么吗? -为什么? |
[36:47] | Because nobody’s ever thought to market them to kids. | 因为没有人想过把它们卖给孩子 |
[36:52] | Say we bury the leash technology | 我们把无线技术 |
[36:55] | inside of a kid’s watch, | 装入孩子的表中 |
[36:58] | but not just any watch. | 但不仅仅是块普通的表 |
[36:59] | I mean, this is like the coolest, the greatest, | 我的意思是 这是一块最酷的 极好的 |
[37:01] | the grooviest gadget watch ever invented. | 绝妙的玩具 在所有人类发明中 |
[37:04] | It’s… are you ready for it? | 它是 你准备好听了吗? |
[37:06] | – Watchdawg. | 守护者 |
[37:07] | Right? It plays music, video games, | 不是吗? 它可以播放音乐 视频 玩游戏 |
[37:10] | emails. It takes pictures. | 发送邮件 还可以拍照 |
[37:12] | Everything plays music and video games and takes pictures these days. | 现在任何东西都可以播放音乐 视频 玩游戏 |
[37:16] | What, have you been living under a rock? | 你一直生活在地下吗? |
[37:18] | Steve, you’re missing the point. | 斯蒂芬 你理解错了 |
[37:20] | This is about bringing together | 它是两者的组合 |
[37:22] | a child’s need to be entertained | 孩子对娱乐的需要 |
[37:24] | with a parent’s need to keep them safe. | 以及父母对孩子安全的希望 |
[37:29] | All things are intertwined, Steve. | 所有的事情都是复杂的 斯蒂芬 |
[37:32] | And all we gotta do is step out of the way | 我们所要做的就是迈出这一步 |
[37:34] | and let atoms and molecules show us how easy it is… | 让原子和分子向我们展示这是多么简单 |
[37:37] | Wait, did you just say the atoms and the molecules? | 等等 刚才你是不是说原子和分子? |
[37:44] | You know how hard it was for us to distance ourselves from you? | 你知不知道让我们疏远你是多么困难? |
[37:48] | Do you know how hard it is for me to distance myself from me? | 你知不知道让我疏远我自己是多么困难? |
[37:52] | Axle, from my heart, I would love to help you, but I can’t. | 埃克斯利 从内心来讲 我愿意帮助你 但我不能 |
[37:55] | Jesus Christ, Steve. I gave you your first job. | 上帝啊 斯蒂芬 我给了你的第一份工作 |
[38:01] | – Good luck. – You’re gonna regret this. | -祝你好运 -你会后悔的 |
[38:05] | This is Robert Axle. | 我是罗伯特·埃克斯利 |
[38:07] | Can I speak to Mr. Johnson, please? | 我能和约翰逊先生说话吗? |
[38:09] | – Edward? – Yeah, Ed. | -爱德华? -是的 爱德华 |
[38:11] | – Who did you say was calling? – Robert Axle. | -你是谁? -罗伯特·埃克斯利 |
[38:14] | The Robert Axle? The infomercial guy? | 罗伯特·埃克斯利? 那个商业混蛋 |
[38:17] | Yes, that Robert Axle. | 是的 那个罗伯特·埃克斯利 |
[38:19] | Well, listen… | 听着 |
[38:24] | Mickey, is this you joking around again? | 米奇 你又在开玩笑了吗? |
[38:26] | No, look, the whole… | 不 听着 整件事情 |
[38:28] | Yeah. Yeah, formerly… hello? | 是的 是的 从前 你好? |
[38:31] | Bob Agzel. | 鲍勃·艾格斯利 |
[38:33] | – Robert Axle? – Agzel. | -罗伯特·埃克斯利? -艾格斯利 |
[38:49] | Hello. | 你好 |
[38:50] | Yeah, hi. Somebody just called me from this number. | 你好 有人用这个号码给我打电话 |
[38:53] | They left a message about a pitch, but I didn’t get a name. | 他留下了一个信息 但我没有记下名字 |
[38:55] | Oh, sorry about that. No my name is… | 哦 抱歉 我的名字是 |
[38:59] | – Troy Coangelo. – Troy Coangelo. | -特洛伊·卡恩格勒 -特洛伊·卡恩格勒 |
[39:01] | Troy Coangelo. | 特洛伊·卡恩格勒 |
[39:03] | Okay, and how do you spell that? | 好的 怎么拼写? |
[39:06] | T-R-O-Y T-R-O-Y. | |
[39:08] | Yeah, no, I got that part. | 好的 我记下了 |
[39:10] | C-O-A-N-G-L-O Oh, C-O-A-N-G-L-O. | |
[39:16] | – Really? No E after the G? – Nope. | -是吗? “G”后面没有”E”? -没有 |
[39:20] | And you do have a working prototype? | 你有产品模型吗? |
[39:22] | Ha. I wouldn’t be calling if I didn’t. | 如果没有我就不会打电话了 |
[39:24] | Oh, now is really not a good time. | 现在时间不太好 |
[39:26] | Matt leaves for Dubai on Wednesday. | 马特星期三去迪拜 |
[39:30] | We’re gonna have to get you in on Tuesday. How’s 9:00 AM? | 我们在星期二见面 上午9点怎么样? |
[39:33] | Uh, let me just look for a second. | 让我查一下 |
[39:36] | Mr. Coanglo? | 卡恩格勒先生 |
[39:38] | Yeah, I can make Tuesday work. | 我星期二可以去 |
[39:39] | Okay. All right, great. We’ll see you then. | 好的 好极了 我们到时候见 |
[39:42] | Okay, thank you very much. | 好的 十分感谢 |
[39:56] | Excuse me. I wonder if you could help me. | 打扰下 你能不能帮帮我? |
[39:58] | I’m looking for Sam Bergman’s room, please. | 我正在找山姆·伯格曼的房间 |
[40:00] | You’re new around here. | 你第一次到这里? |
[40:02] | Yes, I guess you could say that. | 是的 我想你知道在哪里 |
[40:04] | – Well, let me show you. – Okay, thank you. | -好 我给你带路 -好的 谢谢 |
[40:06] | Now you can’t have Sam’s room, ’cause Sam ain’t passed yet. | 现在你还不能拥有山姆的房子 因为他还没有死 |
[40:10] | I’m sorry? | 什么? |
[40:11] | But I can see why you’d want it, because it’s got a good view, | 但我知道为什么你想买下它 因为它有个好风景 |
[40:14] | it’s close to everything, but… | 它离哪儿都近 不过 |
[40:17] | Yeah, I think you misunderstood. I’m just here to visit Sam. | 好了 我想你理解错了 我到这里只是来拜访山姆 |
[40:19] | I’m not actually moving in. | 我真的不搬进去 |
[40:21] | But Sam ain’t passed yet, so you can’t have his room. | 但山姆还没有死 你不能拥有他的房子 |
[40:24] | Now this room here… this will suit you just fine. | 现在这个房子 很适合你 |
[40:27] | As a matter of fact, I tried to get this room, | 实际上 我也想要这个房子 |
[40:30] | because across the hall here… this is Miss Miller’s room. | 因为穿过大厅 就是米勒小姐的房间 |
[40:33] | And ooh-ee, | 哦 |
[40:36] | Miss Miller… she is all right. | 米勒小姐 她很好 |
[40:39] | Great. Harold, hold that thought. I’ll be right back. | 好了 哈罗德 不要再说了 我很快回来 |
[40:59] | Not a bad place. | 是个不错的地方 |
[41:04] | It sucks. | 这儿很糟的 |
[41:05] | Yeah? Try prison. | 是吗? 试试监狱 |
[41:07] | Prison is avoidable. Senility is not. | 监狱可以避免 衰老不可避免 |
[41:13] | Well, what the hell do you want? | 你想做什么? |
[41:15] | I can’t just come by and visit the best engineer I know? | 我不能来看看最好的工程师吗? |
[41:18] | I told you people would get tired of doing crunches. | 我告诉过你人们会厌烦仰卧起坐的 |
[41:22] | You should have listened to me. | 你应该听我的 |
[41:23] | You didn’t tell me people would get sick of doing crunches. | 你没有告诉过我人们会厌烦仰卧起坐 |
[41:26] | You told me we needed more testing. | 你告诉我我们需要更多的测试 |
[41:28] | And you were right. | 你是正确的 |
[41:29] | Again I ask, what do you want? | 我再问一遍 你想要什么? |
[41:35] | A prototype. | 一个模型 |
[41:36] | I’m retired. | 我退休了 |
[41:39] | This is a gadget watch for kids. | 这是为孩子设计的玩具手表 |
[41:41] | Combined with what? A garden hose? | 和什么组合? 橡胶管? |
[41:44] | How about a catcher’s mitt? | 棒球手套怎么样? |
[41:47] | How about child leash technology? | 儿童看护技术怎么样? |
[41:50] | There are so many kids getting lost out there these days, Sam. | 最近有那么多孩子失踪了 山姆 |
[41:53] | We gotta do something about it. | 我们必须做些事情 |
[41:54] | What makes you think that I will work with you again? | 你怎么知道我会和你重新合作? |
[41:57] | ‘Cause you need this as bad as I do. | 因为你和我一样需要它 |
[42:06] | Five grand, five days. | 5千块 5天 |
[42:09] | – Done. – You do have the money? | -成交 -你有钱吗? |
[42:11] | No, but I’ll get it. | 没有 但我会有的 |
[42:14] | No money, no prototype. I mean it, Axle. | 没有钱就没有模型 我是认真的 埃克斯利 |
[42:21] | This is a brilliant concept. I can’t believe someone else hasn’t done it yet. | 真是绝妙的理论 我不敢相信其他人竟然没有想到 |
[42:24] | And it’s not like you’re asking for a lot of money here. | 你还不会要很多钱 |
[42:26] | I mean, five grand’s nothing when it comes to prototypes. | 我的意思是和模型相比 5千块算不得什么 |
[42:29] | Neil, you cannot possibly know | 尼尔 你或许不知道 |
[42:32] | how relieved I am to hear you tell me that. | 听到你这么说是多么开心 |
[42:34] | Can I interrupt you for a second? Okay, you know how people | 可以先停下一会吗? 你知道人们怎样 |
[42:37] | always blow out the candles on a birthday cake | 把生日蛋糕上的蜡烛吹灭 |
[42:39] | and then they expect everyone to want to eat it with their germs all over it? | 然后他们希望你带着细菌吃下去 |
[42:43] | Introducing the Neilster. | 介绍一下尼尔牌消毒器 |
[42:46] | Okay? I could have bronchitis | 不是吗? 我可以患有气管炎 |
[42:49] | and be blowing on your birthday cake. | 也能吹灭生日蛋糕 |
[42:51] | May I? | 我可以吧? |
[42:56] | It’s good, right? | 它是不是很好? |
[42:58] | Showed my boss the business plan… signed off on a deuce that afternoon. | 给我老板看了商业计划 那天下午签下平分协议 |
[43:02] | A deuce? | 平分? |
[43:03] | Yeah, it’s loan officer talk for 20K. | 是的 贷款经理给了20K[2万美元] |
[43:05] | You know what K means, right? | 你知道”k”是什么意思 是吧?[千] |
[43:07] | I don’t have a business plan. | 我没有商业计划 |
[43:09] | – You don’t have a business plan? – Shh. | -你没有商业计划? -嘘 |
[43:12] | My business plan is the $1.6 billion empire I built. | 我的商业计划就是我所创建的16亿美元帝国 |
[43:18] | Don’t write that down. | 不要写下来 |
[43:21] | Just give me one moment here. | 给我一点时间? |
[43:24] | What are you d…? | 你在干什么? |
[43:26] | Okay, anything else I should know before I run this up the flagpole? | 好的 在填完表之前还有没有我需要了解的 |
[43:29] | No, that’s it. | 没了 就这些 |
[43:32] | Good. My boss hates surprises. | 好的 我的老板讨厌惊喜 |
[43:38] | I am also a convicted felon. | 我曾经还是一名罪犯 |
[43:40] | I’m sorry? | 什么? |
[43:42] | I’m a convicted felon. | 我曾经是一名罪犯 |
[43:44] | Oh. | 哦 |
[43:46] | I’m not sure if we give loans | 我不确定我们会不会 |
[43:49] | to convicted felons. | 贷款给罪犯 |
[43:55] | I’ve got a gut feeling about you though. | 不过我对你有一种特别的感觉 |
[43:58] | And my boss is big on gut feelings. | 我的老板也喜欢直觉 |
[44:03] | Neil, thank you. | 尼尔 谢谢 |
[44:05] | Thank you. Thank you so much. | 谢谢 十分感谢 |
[44:08] | And this… it’s a great idea. | 这个 这是个好想法 |
[44:11] | – Give me just a moment, okay? – Okay. | -给我一点时间 好吗? -好的 |
[44:20] | Okay, we’ve got a new customer… 5K. | 我们有一个新客户 5千块 |
[44:23] | I’ve got a good feeling about this one. | 我感觉这个很好 |
[44:27] | This gentleman right over here. | 这位先生就在那儿 |
[44:49] | Jerry! | 杰里 |
[44:53] | Ranger Jerry! | 杰里护林员 |
[44:58] | Jerry! | 杰里 |
[45:04] | – Hey. – Punks! | -嘿 -混蛋 |
[45:07] | Upsetting my fritillary butterflies. | 竟敢招惹我的豹纹蝶 |
[45:09] | That’s an endangered species, Axle. | 它们是珍稀品种 埃克斯利 |
[45:13] | You’d better not come back! | 你们最好不要再回来 |
[45:17] | Jesus! | 天啊 |
[45:18] | Shit, my fault. | 操 我的错 |
[45:21] | Well, I hate to bother you while you’re working, | 我不想打扰你工作 |
[45:22] | but I need to borrow five grand. | 但我想向你借5千块 |
[45:24] | Axle, you’re my boy, man. | 埃克斯利 你是我的哥们 |
[45:27] | I’d hook you up just on principle. | 本来我该满足你的 |
[45:29] | But me and Lo… we’re a little strapped for cash at the moment. | 但我和洛 我们现在也缺少现金 |
[45:32] | Strapped for cash? That’s impossible. | 缺少钱? 不可能 |
[45:35] | How can you go through $362 million in eight years? | 你们8年怎么会花光3.62亿呢? |
[45:37] | It’s easier than you think, man… | 这比你想象的简单多了 |
[45:39] | charity, bidding wars on eBay, trips. | 做慈善 投资电子产品 旅行 |
[45:43] | It costs 86 grand a day just to rent your own submarine. | 租用你的潜水艇每天就得花8万6千块 |
[45:48] | Tell me how much she blew on this so-called music career of hers. | 告诉我在她的烂音乐上她花了多少钱 |
[45:52] | Let’s just say she made a lot of videos, | 我们还是说说 她还做了许多录像 |
[45:56] | a couple at Mount Rushmore. | 其中一些是在总统山上 |
[45:58] | Oh man, I gotta go to this fundraiser thing, man, before Lorraine kills me. | 哦 我必须去做募捐了 要不然洛林会杀了我 |
[46:02] | You see? That’s another reason you’re broke… too much philanthropy. | 你知道吗? 这是你破产的另一个原因 太多的慈善 |
[46:05] | What is it now? Oh, let me guess… | 现在是什么? 哦 让我猜猜 |
[46:06] | the Indigenous Giraffes’ Sperm Foundation | 本土长颈鹿精子基金会 |
[46:09] | for the Pigmies Who Have Lung Cancer | 为了那些患有肺癌的侏儒 |
[46:12] | and Don’t Have Mosquito Nets Foundation? | 还是蚊子基金会 |
[46:15] | It’s Claire’s event, Axle. | 这是克莱尔的事业 |
[46:25] | We teach them interview skills and how to build a resume. | 我们教她们面试技巧以及如何做个人简历 |
[46:29] | The women are really using the resources we provide for them | 这些妇女确实利用了我们提供的资源 |
[46:33] | to go out into the world and find jobs on their own. | 去步入社会 找寻自己的工作 |
[46:36] | This is an amazing project. You should be very proud. | 这真是令人惊奇的项目 你们应该感到很自豪 |
[46:39] | Thank you. Oh, this is my roommate Phoebe. | 谢谢 哦 这是我的室友 菲比 |
[46:44] | I’m a lesbian. | 我是个同志 |
[46:45] | Oh, isn’t that wonderful for you? | 哦 这不是挺适合你吗? |
[46:49] | It is actually. | 是的 |
[46:51] | Well, have you guys seen the silent auction? | 你们看过义卖了吗? |
[46:54] | No, I haven’t seen it yet. I would love to. | 不 还没有 我很喜欢去看看 |
[47:16] | Don’t you take one more step, Axle. | 不要再走一步 埃克斯利 |
[47:21] | You have to leave now. | 现在马上离开 |
[47:23] | Hey, it’s a fundraiser, Medusa. I’m here to raise funds. | 嘿 这是场募捐 美杜莎 我到这里是来筹钱的 |
[47:25] | Medusa. It’s like Madonna, but it’s… | 美杜莎[蛇怪] 和麦当娜听起来很像 但它 |
[47:28] | Hi Axle. | 你好 埃克斯利 |
[47:30] | – Hi. – Somehow, someway | -你好 -无论如何 |
[47:32] | none of these people know you’re associated with Claire. | 这里没有人知道你和克莱尔的关系 |
[47:35] | Then it shouldn’t be a problem that I’m here. | 那我在这里就没问题了 |
[47:37] | You’re a piece of work, you know that? | 真有你的 |
[47:39] | I’m a piece of work? You’re the one that blew $362 million. | 真有我的 你花光了3.62亿 |
[47:42] | At least I lost my half giving it to my victims. What’s your excuse? | 至少我把我的那一半给了受害者 而你呢? |
[47:45] | My excuse is that money was cursed. It took me eight years | 我的原因是那些钱被诅咒了 它花了我八年时间 |
[47:48] | and every fiber of my being to get rid of it, | 和无数精力才摆脱 |
[47:50] | and now that it’s gone, I’m so glad… | 现在全没了 我很高兴 |
[47:52] | Hi Axle. I’d like you to meet my parents… Howard and Penny Camp. | 你好 埃克斯利 很高兴你能见到我父母 霍华德和潘妮·坎普 |
[47:55] | – Hello. – Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[47:58] | How nice that you and Lorraine can put aside your differences | 好高兴你和洛林能抛弃分歧 |
[48:01] | to support Claire on her special night. | 在这个特殊之夜来帮助克莱尔 |
[48:03] | Well, Claire has always come first in our family. | 克莱尔总是我们家庭首要的 |
[48:06] | Listen, Axle, l… | 听着 埃克斯利 我 |
[48:09] | I’ll admit that when I found out | 我承认当我发现 |
[48:11] | that my daughter Donna was gonna be living with a convicted felon, | 我女儿唐娜将和罪犯住在一块的时候 |
[48:15] | that I was… I’m sorry… rather uncomfortable. | 我 抱歉 我感觉不太舒服 |
[48:18] | But then | 不过稍后 |
[48:20] | we started going through some of Donna’s old stuff. | 我们开始收拾唐纳德一些旧东西 |
[48:23] | Getting ready to convert her bedroom into a guest room. | 准备将她的卧室搬进客厅 |
[48:26] | And they found my old Light-O-Saurus. | 他们发现了我的旧夜灯-萨拉斯 |
[48:28] | And when we heard that you had designed that | 当我们听说你设计这个东西 |
[48:31] | for Claire back in the day, | 是为了夜晚中的克莱尔 |
[48:33] | well, we were damn near moved to tears. | 我们几乎感动的要掉泪 |
[48:36] | He is good. | 他很好 |
[48:38] | Isn’t this wonderful… this event? Just wonderful. | 这不是很完美吗? 这件事情 很完美 |
[48:42] | Penny Camp, | 潘妮·坎普 |
[48:45] | what is it about this event | 这是什么事 |
[48:48] | that’s so wonderful? | 以至于这么完美? |
[48:52] | People helping people. | 人们互相帮助 |
[48:54] | Bingo. You said it. | 对了 你说对了 |
[48:56] | That’s it. In a word… community. | 就是这个 用一个词 就是团结 |
[48:58] | Culture and community. | 有修养和团结 |
[49:02] | Ladies and gentlemen, if all of us could do just that… | 先生们 女士们 如果我们能这么做 |
[49:05] | come together as a community, as a culture… | 团结在一起 作为一个团体 作为有修养的人 |
[49:08] | I mean, ask yourselves this question: | 我的意思是 问一下你们自己 |
[49:11] | How many women has this center helped | 这一年这个中心帮助了 |
[49:14] | get off drugs just this year? | 多少妇女戒掉毒品? |
[49:16] | – God, he thinks it’s a drug center. – Community, culture. | -天啊 他认为这是个戒毒中心 -有修养 团结 |
[49:19] | Culture, community. | 有修养 团结 |
[49:20] | Believe me, | 请相信我 |
[49:22] | when I started my company I hadn’t a pot to piss in. | 我创办公司时甚至连尿壶都没有 |
[49:25] | Look at these women on these walls, | 看看墙上的这些妇女 |
[49:27] | putting things in their bodies that just harm them. | 只会吸食害他们的东西 |
[49:30] | And this place helps that. | 而这个中心会帮助他们 |
[49:32] | Well, all of you should get out your checkbooks right now | 你们赶快拿出支票簿 |
[49:35] | and write a big check for my daughter. | 给我女儿写一张大大的支票 |
[49:37] | There’s no reason she should have to do this for herself. | 没有理由她必须这么做 |
[49:39] | We’ve all got to get on this bandwagon. | 我们都来参加这项活动吧 |
[49:41] | Let’s make that wall of success a world of success. | 让我们把这面墙做成胜利之墙 成功的世界 |
[49:44] | What do you say? | 你们认为怎么样? |
[50:03] | Hi. | 你好 |
[50:04] | What the hell was that? | 你到底在说什么? |
[50:06] | Well, I don’t know. You tell me. Seems to be some big event | 我不知道 你告诉我 还有个重要问题 |
[50:09] | that everybody got invited to tonight except me. | 今晚所有人都被邀请了 没有我 |
[50:11] | That’s exactly why I didn’t invite you… that speech. | 这正是我为什么不要请你 那篇演讲 |
[50:13] | What’s the matter with my speech? I was doing my bit. | 这和我的演讲有什么关系? 我贡献我的一点力量 |
[50:15] | I had them eating out of the palm of my hand. | 我完全打动了他们 |
[50:17] | It’s a center for women’s employment, not a drug rehab. | 这是妇女就业中心 不是戒毒中心 |
[50:19] | That’s how blind you are. | 你是不是瞎了啊 |
[50:21] | Well, what difference does it make? Drugs, employment… | 这有什么区别吗? 戒毒 就业 |
[50:23] | it’s all about helping p… all right, never mind. | 这都是帮助人们 好了 管它呢 |
[50:25] | You don’t have to worry about me anymore, ’cause you know what? | 你不用再担心我了 知道为什么吗? |
[50:27] | I’ve got a whole new thing happening, and come Tuesday… | 星期二我将会发生全新的事情 |
[50:30] | Let me guess… the great Robert Axle will be back | 让我猜猜 伟大的罗伯特·埃克斯利将会回到 |
[50:32] | in all his glory. | 他的烂帝国 |
[50:37] | God, it’s like you want me to stay like this… | 上帝 你想让我一直这样 |
[50:39] | homeless, without a job. | 没有家 没有工作 |
[50:42] | Would it really be so bad if I started to do well again | 我重新开始真的有这么糟吗? |
[50:45] | after what I’ve been through? | 我已经经受了这么多 |
[51:30] | My parents thought you were awesome. | 我父母认为你棒极了 |
[51:33] | And that speech was amazing. | 那篇演讲真令人惊奇 |
[51:40] | Don’t give up, Axle. | 不要放弃 埃克斯利 |
[51:42] | You guys will figure it out. | 你会解决它的 |
[52:29] | Okay, item one… | 好的 一个东西 |
[52:31] | one-of-a-kind Light-O-Saurus | 夜灯-萨拉斯的一种 |
[52:35] | signed by Robert Axle, | 罗伯特·埃克斯利签过名的 |
[52:37] | as seen in the original infomercial, | 看到的是创作原型 |
[52:41] | 2500 bucks… | 2500块 |
[53:24] | Daddy, you did it. You sold it. | 爸爸 你成功了 你卖出去了 |
[53:27] | No no, baby, we did it. | 不 宝贝 是我们 |
[53:30] | We sold it. | 我们卖出去了 |
[53:32] | And you know why? | 你知道为什么吗? |
[53:35] | You brought my picture with you? | 你带着我的图画? |
[53:38] | Yes, I did. | 是的 |
[53:43] | Oh goodness. Oh goodness. | 哦 天啊 哦 天啊 |
[53:45] | Oh my goodness, what happened? | 哦 天啊 发生了什么? |
[53:46] | It’s unbelievable how cute you are. | 真不敢相信你这么聪明 |
[53:49] | Oh, you think she’s giggling? | 哦 她在笑 |
[53:51] | You’re gonna like what I have to give you even better. | 你会喜欢我将给你的东西 |
[53:56] | Oh. | 哦 |
[54:18] | You should have grabbed yourself a raincoat, Axle. | 你应该穿上一件雨衣 埃克斯利 |
[54:20] | Oh thanks. I would have never thought of that. | 哦 谢谢 我没想到会下雨 |
[54:23] | How are things going with your daughter? | 和你女儿过得怎么样? |
[54:24] | Uh, good. | 额 很好 |
[54:26] | Yeah? So she’s getting past her abandonment issues? | 是吗? 那么她接受了曾经被抛弃 |
[54:29] | I mean, most kids never really forgive their parents for going away to prison. | 我的意思是 大多数孩子是不会原谅父母进监狱的 |
[54:32] | I’m sorry, who are you? | 抱歉 你是作什么的? |
[54:36] | Part parole officer, part uncle, part therapist. | 部分是假释官 部分是叔叔 部分是理论家 |
[54:39] | Yeah, well, why don’t we just stick to the part parole officer part? | 好的 为什么我们不回到假释官那部分呢? |
[54:43] | Okay, how are things going at Family Mart? | 好的 在家庭超市还顺利吗? |
[54:47] | You know, what can I say? Family Mart is Family Mart. | 你知道的 怎么说呢? 家庭超市就是家庭超市 |
[54:50] | Troy told me he had to let you go. | 特洛伊告诉我他不得不让你离开 |
[54:53] | You know, a big part of this program is keeping a steady job, Axle. | 你知道 这项计划的重要之处在于 稳定的工作 埃克斯利 |
[54:57] | 67% of felons wind up going back to prison… | 67%的家伙会重新回到监狱 |
[55:00] | Whoa whoa whoa, you just told me last week it was 62%. | 哇唔 哇唔 上周你才告诉我是62% |
[55:04] | Did I? Well, there’s a new report. | 是吗? 那么 这是新的报告 |
[55:07] | The numbers have gone up. | 数字已经上升了 |
[55:11] | Oh great. | 哦 好极了 |
[55:32] | – Phoebe. Phoebe! – What? | -菲比 菲比 -什么事? |
[55:36] | – Phoebe! – What? | -菲比 -什么事? |
[55:38] | Where’s Rock Band? | 摇滚乐器怎么不见了? |
[55:41] | Son of a bitch. Ooh. | 狗娘养的 哦 |
[55:47] | What happened? | 发生了什么? |
[55:48] | My ex… | 我的 |
[55:50] | that bitch stole my shit! | 那个混蛋偷的 |
[55:52] | Wow, things are nasty when chicks break up. | 哇唔 当女孩们分手时事情就会很糟 |
[55:55] | Oh, it’s gonna get really nasty! | 哦 这次将真的变得很糟 |
[55:57] | Oh shit. | 哦 操 |
[55:59] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[56:00] | – I’m here to make a deposit. – Okay. | -我想存款 -好的 |
[56:04] | Oh, you’re with the center. | 哦 你在妇女就业中心 |
[56:06] | I love that. I was just telling my sister all about it, | 我超喜欢 我刚和妹妹谈过它 |
[56:09] | – how they help the women… – That’s right. | -他们怎么帮助妇女 -好的 |
[56:12] | …with jobs and everything. That’s great. | 在就业和其他方面 真是太好了 |
[56:14] | Oh. | 哦 |
[56:16] | Do you know you’ve bounced a couple of checks this week? | 你知不知道这周你开了些空头支票 |
[56:22] | Hey, have you applied for any grants? | 嘿 你有没有申请补助? |
[56:26] | Yes, grants are really hard… | 申请补助是很困难的 |
[56:29] | – sorry, hold on one second. – Well, maybe… | -抱歉 请等一下 -或许 |
[56:31] | – One second, sorry. Donna. – Claire, I have to tell… | -等一下 抱歉 唐娜 -克莱尔 我不得不说 |
[56:34] | – I’ll call you back, okay? – No no no no. | -待会我打回去 好吧? -不 不 不 不 |
[56:36] | – Just don’t do anything stupid. – I’m not gonna do anything stupid. | -不要做任何傻事 -我不会做傻事的 |
[56:39] | I’m just gonna march up to the door and I’m gonna be like, | 我会跑到门前 然后就像这样 |
[56:41] | “Give me back my Rock Band, bitch!” | “还给我的摇滚 混蛋” |
[56:45] | – Donna, I’m busy. – Wait, Phoebe… | -唐娜 我很忙 -等等 菲比 |
[56:51] | – What up, Phoebe? – Bitch, give me back my Rock Band. | -等等 菲比 -还给我的摇滚 混蛋 |
[56:55] | Whoa, what’s with the Louisville Slugger? | 哇唔 你带着棒球棒干什么? |
[56:57] | What, did you join the all-dyke softball league? | 你参加女同志棒球联盟了吗? |
[56:59] | – Hey! – Give me back my Rock Band. | -嘿 -还给我的摇滚 |
[57:02] | Then give me back the $4200 that I spent on your fake titties! | 那么还给我花在你假胸上的4200块 |
[57:04] | Stop talking shit about my tits. They’re great, asshole. | 不要说我的胸 它们棒极了 白痴 |
[57:09] | You want your game? You want your game? | 你想要你的玩意吗? 你想要你的玩意吗? |
[57:13] | Your ex is a guy? I thought you were a lesbian. | 你的性伴侣是个男的? 我还认为你是个同志 |
[57:16] | I am. | 我确实是 |
[57:17] | Here’s your game. Here you go. | 给你的玩意 给你 |
[57:19] | Don’t break it. | 不要摔坏了 |
[57:26] | How about some drums, huh? You want some drums? | 要不要打鼓? 你想打鼓吗? |
[57:29] | Yeah? Yeah? | 是吗? 是吗? |
[57:33] | Who the hell is he? | 他到底是谁? |
[57:35] | You’re worthless, Phoebe. You are worthless. | 你一文不值 菲比 你一文不值 |
[57:38] | You’re never gonna get a man like me. What are you gonna settle for? | 你不会再找到像我一样男人 你会满足于什么? |
[57:40] | You don’t even know who you are. You’re nobody without me. | 你甚至不知道你是谁 离开了我你什么都不是 |
[57:43] | Come on, let’s go. | 快 我们走 |
[57:46] | Drive. Drive. | 快开车 快开车 |
[57:49] | Bye. | 再见了 |
[57:58] | Oh, look, forget about him. He’s an idiot. | 哦 忘了他吧 他是个傻瓜 |
[58:01] | I had to shut him down. Somebody had to stop him. | 我不得不把他揍倒 必须得有人阻止他 |
[58:03] | He’s an idiot. And he’s a liar too. | 他是个傻瓜 也是个骗子 |
[58:05] | ‘Cause anybody who looks at him can tell he’s still in love with you. | 因为任何看到他的人 都会认为他仍爱着你 |
[58:07] | He thinks you’re more beautiful now, more attractive, more intelligent. | 他认为你现在更加漂亮 更加动人 更加聪明 |
[58:10] | I mean, look at you. You’re funny. You’ve got this great style about you. | 我的意思是 看看你 你很可爱 你现在样子实在太好了 |
[58:14] | And he’s a total idiot for thinking… you know what? He’s probably feeling | 他实实在在是个大傻瓜 你知道吗? 他或许看起来 |
[58:17] | like a total fool… the fact that he used to have you and now… | 太傻了 实际上 他过去曾和你在一起 不过现在 |
[58:57] | How was your day, Claire? | 今天怎么样 克莱尔? |
[58:59] | Horrible. I’m so over everyone. | 太糟了 每个人都知道我 |
[59:01] | I hate people. | 我讨厌人们 |
[59:04] | You know what? Everywhere I go | 你知道吗? 无论我去哪里 |
[59:06] | people go on and on about the center, | 人们都会谈到妇女中心 |
[59:08] | and when push comes to shove, nobody wants to pony up. | 当需要努力的时候 却没有人愿意做 |
[59:14] | – What’s wrong with you? – I didn’t say anything. | -你做错什么了? -我什么都没说 |
[59:16] | – I know. – What am I supposed to say? | -我知道 -我应该说什么? |
[59:18] | – It’s weird. You’re acting weird. – I’m not acting weird. I’m acting… | -这很奇怪 你的行为很古怪 -我的行为不古怪 我的行为 |
[59:21] | Tonight I’m having a date with my friend Jack, | 今晚我将和我的男朋友杰克约会 |
[59:23] | if anybody wants to join me. | 有没有人和我一块去 |
[59:25] | Donna, where are you going? | 唐娜 你去哪里? |
[59:27] | I’m going to your mom’s house. | 我去你妈妈家里 |
[59:30] | You’re going to my mom’s? | 你去我妈妈家里? |
[59:31] | Yeah, well, she picked up my phone calls. | 是的 她接了我的电话 |
[59:33] | Wait, did I miss something? | 等等 是不是我漏掉了什么? |
[59:35] | My parents are getting divorced, but things happen. | 我的父母将要离婚 事情确实发生了 |
[59:38] | Divorced? Since when? | 离婚? 什么时候? |
[59:41] | Since my father started cheating on my mom with her friend. | 自从我父亲和我母亲的朋友约会的时候 |
[59:46] | – My God. – See you. | -上帝 -再见 |
[59:48] | Donna, if you’re going to my mom’s house, | 唐娜 如果你去我妈妈家里 |
[59:51] | – we’re all going to my mom’s house. – We’re all going? | -我们都会去我妈妈家里 -我们都会? |
[59:53] | Oh, like you have something better to do? | 哦 你有其他事情要做吗? |
[59:55] | I, on the other hand… I have a date with a woman. | 我 相反 我要和女人约会 |
[59:58] | She’s a lesbian. | 她是个同志 |
[1:00:00] | Ugh. | 额 |
[1:00:01] | We’re gonna have hot lesbo sex all night long. | 我们一整晚都要做爱 |
[1:00:14] | Would you rather lick a public toilet seat | 你是想舔公共厕所的马桶 |
[1:00:16] | or chew gum from the floor of the New York City subway? | 还是想吃纽约地铁地上的口香糖? |
[1:00:18] | Gum. You know what? No matter how disgusting it is, | 口香糖 你知道吗? 不管它多么令人作呕 |
[1:00:20] | – it’s better than a toilet. – By the way, | -也比厕所好 -顺便问一下 |
[1:00:23] | how were the toilets in prison, Axle? | 监狱里的厕所怎么样 埃克斯利? |
[1:00:25] | Not very good, kind of like your last album. | 不太好 就像你的上一张唱片一样 |
[1:00:27] | Okay, | 好了 |
[1:00:29] | you see some unsightly Porta Potties in my line of work, okay? | 在我工作的地方你会看到很多丑陋的厕所 是不是? |
[1:00:33] | So I would chew that subway floor gum all day, every day. | 所以我会天天吃地铁地上的口香糖 |
[1:00:35] | How do you call this a game? | 这个游戏的名字叫什么? |
[1:00:37] | Monopoly, Scrabble… those are games. This… this is disgusting. | 大富翁 涂鸦 这些都是游戏 这个 这个太令人厌恶了 |
[1:00:40] | – Hey. – Hey. | -嘿 -嘿 |
[1:00:42] | – This is my friend Steak. – Hi. | -这是我的朋友 史迪克 -你好 |
[1:00:45] | – What’s up? – Steak, a chicken wing? | -大家好 -史迪克 来个鸡翅 |
[1:00:48] | Nah, dude, I’m a vegetarian. | 哥们 我是个素食者 |
[1:00:50] | Really? How is that gonna work out | 真的? 这怎么可能? |
[1:00:52] | since Phoebe likes your meat? | 因为菲比喜欢吃肉 |
[1:00:55] | There’s other things I like to eat besides meat. | 除了肉我还会喜欢吃其他东西的 |
[1:01:00] | Would you rather spend 30 years | 你宁愿花30年 |
[1:01:04] | happily married to the love of your life | 和你心爱的结婚 |
[1:01:06] | only to find out that he’s been cheating on you the whole time, | 到最后发现他一直在骗你 |
[1:01:09] | or spend 20 years taking care of your deadbeat husband | 还是宁愿花20年 照顾你那游手好闲的丈夫 |
[1:01:13] | who finally hits the big time | 最后他事业成功了 |
[1:01:15] | only to emotionally abandon you and your daughter? | 却抛弃了你和女儿 |
[1:01:21] | I’ll talk to her. | 我会和她谈谈的 |
[1:01:25] | – Awkward. – All right. | -真令人尴尬 -好了 |
[1:01:26] | I thought this was supposed to be a party. | 我还以为是聚会呢? |
[1:01:39] | How could he do this to me? | 他怎么能这么对我? |
[1:01:43] | Donna, I think in the moment he wasn’t doing it to anybody. | 唐娜 我想这时候他这么做不是针对任何人 |
[1:01:46] | I think he was doing it for himself. | 他这么做只是为了他自己 |
[1:01:50] | I don’t care. When you decide to start a family, | 我不管 当你决定组建一个家庭的时候 |
[1:01:52] | you make a commitment to them. | 你就向他们作出了承诺 |
[1:01:55] | You don’t turn your back on the people who love you. | 你就不能抛弃深爱你的人 |
[1:02:01] | Fathers are human too. | 父亲也是人啊 |
[1:02:05] | You know, you put a piece of cake in front of us, | 你知道 在我们面前放一块蛋糕 |
[1:02:07] | and that’s all we can see. Family, children… what? | 这就是我们能看到的一切 家庭 孩子 其他的? |
[1:02:10] | No, we forget everything. We get tunnel vision. | 不 我们忘记了一切 我们只有一个窄窄的视野 |
[1:02:13] | But you never cheated on Lorraine. | 但你从来没有骗过洛林 |
[1:02:15] | No, I didn’t. | 没有 |
[1:02:18] | I left her for my job. | 我离开她去工作了 |
[1:02:23] | I’m just so angry at him. | 我是那么恨他 |
[1:02:29] | Yeah, there’s a lot of anger in the air. | 是啊 空气里充满了愤怒 |
[1:02:35] | Think it does any good? | 想这些有用吗? |
[1:03:15] | Phoebe, you know, are you and my dad friends | 菲比 你和我父亲是朋友吗? |
[1:03:18] | or what’s… what’s the deal? | 这 这是怎么一回事? |
[1:03:21] | No. I mean, he helped me get my guitar back from Eddie… | 不是 我的意思是 他帮我从艾迪那拿回了吉他 |
[1:03:24] | you know, my game… and that’s it. | 你知道我的游戏 还有 就这些了 |
[1:03:27] | Wait, he met Eddie? | 等等 他见过艾迪了? |
[1:03:29] | Yeah, I mean, I wouldn’t call it a formal “Hi, how are you doing?” | 是的 我不能有礼貌地说”你好 过得怎么样” |
[1:03:32] | But he did crack Eddie in the nads for me | 但他确实踢了艾迪的蛋蛋 |
[1:03:35] | from behind, like mm! | 从后面 像这样 |
[1:03:37] | You know, I think your dad’s pretty great, Claire. | 你知道 我认为你父亲确实不错 克莱尔 |
[1:03:41] | What makes him so great? | 什么让他变得这么伟大? |
[1:03:44] | He just made me realize that my father isn’t perfect | 他让我明白了我父亲不是完美的 |
[1:03:48] | and I need to accept that. | 我应该接受这一切 |
[1:03:54] | No, Daddy, don’t leave. I’m afraid of the dark. | 不 爸爸 不要离开 我害怕黑 |
[1:03:58] | Okay, honey. Okay. | 好的 宝贝 宝贝 |
[1:04:00] | I’ll stay for just a bit, okay? | 我再待一会 好吧? |
[1:04:05] | How’s that? | 怎么样? |
[1:04:07] | Shh, it’s okay. | 嘘 好了 |
[1:04:10] | You can watch the steam. | 你可以看到蒸汽 |
[1:04:16] | Look at that. | 看着 |
[1:04:19] | We can make animals. | 我们可以做些动物 |
[1:04:21] | Shh, it’s okay. | 嘘 好了 |
[1:04:42] | Does my heart good, makes me feel young, you know? | 我的心脏很好 让我看起来很年轻 你知道吗? |
[1:04:45] | I tell you, my mind’s sharp. | 我告诉你 我的思维很敏捷 |
[1:04:47] | As a matter of fact, I don’t know | 事实上 我不知道 |
[1:04:50] | if they could really run this place around here if it weren’t for me. | 没有了我他们能否运营这个地方 |
[1:04:53] | Hello, Sam. | 你好 萨姆 |
[1:04:55] | You brought my check, right? | 你带来了我的支票 对吧? |
[1:04:56] | Of course I did. | 当然了 |
[1:04:58] | I had to go into my own pocket on this thing. | 我不得不自己掏钱制作这个东西 |
[1:05:01] | You won’t believe how many watches, | 你不会相信 多少手表 |
[1:05:04] | MP3 players and video games I tore apart | MP3播放器以及视频游戏机都给拆了 |
[1:05:07] | before I figured this sucker out, | 才做出了这个管子 |
[1:05:10] | not to mention carving the faceplate. | 不要再提制作外壳了 |
[1:05:12] | I cut that son of a bitch | 我切割出了这个东西 |
[1:05:14] | out of medium-density foam. | 从一个硬板上 |
[1:05:17] | Well, you know, I don’t have any more money. $5000 is all I have. | 你知道 我没有钱了 5000块是我的所有 |
[1:05:20] | Don’t worry about it. It was my pleasure. | 不用担心这个 这是我的荣幸 |
[1:05:22] | I haven’t felt this useful in years. | 几年内我不会用到它的 |
[1:05:27] | There it is. | 就是它了 |
[1:05:28] | Now the speaker is in the ear. | 扬声器在两旁 |
[1:05:31] | The camera is in the nose. | 摄像头在中间 |
[1:05:34] | The gaming wheel goes in the wristband | 游戏按钮在表带上 |
[1:05:36] | for optimal gaming control. | 来实现极佳的游戏操作 |
[1:05:41] | Oh, Sam, this is awesome. | 哦 萨姆 真是太棒了 |
[1:05:46] | – And what is that? – That’s a built-in compass. | -这是什么? -这是个内置的指南针 |
[1:05:48] | – Do kids still use compasses? – They did in my day. | -孩子需要指南针吗? -我小时候是需要的 |
[1:05:52] | I just thought with the wireless child leash | 我只想安装一个儿童无线保护技术 |
[1:05:54] | we wouldn’t need a compass. | 我们不需要一个指南针 |
[1:05:56] | A wireless child leash? | 儿童无线保护技术 |
[1:05:59] | That’s a good idea. | 真是个好主意 |
[1:06:04] | The kid wanders off… | 孩子迷失了 |
[1:06:06] | the parent feels a buzz or something, huh? | 父母会感到焦急或者其他什么的 |
[1:06:09] | You’re kidding, right? | 你在开玩笑 是吧? |
[1:06:11] | No, I’m not kidding. That’s a great idea. | 不 我没在开玩笑 这真是个好主意 |
[1:06:13] | Sam. | 萨姆 |
[1:06:15] | I did good, right? | 我做的很好 不是吗? |
[1:06:19] | I did good. | 我做的很好 |
[1:06:23] | Sam, you did great. | 萨姆 你做的太好了 |
[1:06:47] | How are you holding up, Troy? | 你在搬什么 特洛伊? |
[1:06:49] | I have four titanium rods in my tibia. | 我腿骨上有四颗钛钉 |
[1:06:52] | How do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[1:06:55] | I’m sitting on another great idea, Troy. | 我想出了一个好主意 特洛伊 |
[1:06:59] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[1:07:01] | Yeah, but I can’t do it alone this time. | 是的 不过这次我不能独自完成 |
[1:07:03] | I need a partner. | 我需要一个合作者 |
[1:07:08] | I make $32,700 a year. | 我一年挣3万两千七百美元 |
[1:07:10] | I drive a Toyota Scion loaded. | 我开着丰田汽车 |
[1:07:13] | You’re barking up the wrong tree, Axle. | 你找错人了 埃克斯利 |
[1:07:15] | I just need you to come with me to one meeting. | 我只需要你和我一起去一个会议 |
[1:07:19] | – When? – Tomorrow morning? | -什么时候? -明天早上? |
[1:07:21] | Oh, tomorrow morning? Thanks for the notice. | 哦 明天早上? 谢谢通知 |
[1:07:23] | Look, I was gonna go on my own, | 听着 本来我要自己去 |
[1:07:25] | but now that the prototype doesn’t work, it makes no sense for me to go… | 但现在这个原型不能工作 这没有什么用的 如果我去 |
[1:07:28] | What’s the point of the prototype if it doesn’t work? | 既然原型不能工作 那么它有什么用呢? |
[1:07:30] | Troy, no one is going to buy a product | 特洛伊 没有人会从一个切断他们手指的家伙那里 |
[1:07:33] | from a guy who cuts people’s fingers off. | 去买一个产品 |
[1:07:36] | But Troy Coangelo… that’s a different story. | 但特洛伊·卡恩格勒 这是完全不同的 |
[1:07:45] | No can do. | 我无能为力 |
[1:07:46] | Come on, just help me on this one, please. | 来吧 帮帮我这次 |
[1:07:49] | I’m on from 7:00 to 7:00 tomorrow. | 明天早上7点到晚上7点我上班 |
[1:07:51] | What difference does that make? So Family Mart goes without | 这有什么不同呢? 家庭超市会照常运行 |
[1:07:54] | an assistant GM for a couple of hours. What’s the worst that can happen? | 如果经理助手离开了几小时 什么糟糕的事情会发生呢? |
[1:07:56] | – A lot. – Oh, come on. | -许多 -来吧 |
[1:07:58] | – A lot can happen. – Come on. | -许多事情会发生 -来吧 |
[1:08:00] | If you don’t let go of this obsession you have with Family Mart, Troy, | 如果你不放弃对生活超市的痴迷 特洛伊 |
[1:08:03] | no one is gonna ever take you seriously. | 没人会在乎你的 |
[1:08:07] | Haven’t you ruined enough people’s lives? | 你还没毁够人们的生活吗? |
[1:08:34] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:08:37] | Hi. | 你好 |
[1:08:39] | It might be a little snug, but I think we can make it work. | 它或许有些紧 但我想我们可以做成的 |
[1:08:47] | That’s for me? | 这是给我的吗? |
[1:08:49] | Here, try it on. | 给你 试试吧 |
[1:08:58] | Let me see. | 让我看看 |
[1:09:03] | Yeah, it’s a little snug. Let me fix it. | 是的 有一些紧 让我改一下 |
[1:09:09] | Is this like the pink coat or you really want me to…? | 这是像那件粉红色外套 还是你真的想让我 ? |
[1:09:11] | I want you to look great. | 我想让你看起来很好 |
[1:09:20] | Okay, let me finish it. | 好了 让我完成它 |
[1:09:36] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么要这么做? |
[1:09:41] | I was the one that believed in you, | 我曾经是信任你的人 |
[1:09:44] | not Mom. | 妈妈不是 |
[1:09:47] | It was me. | 我确实是 |
[1:09:53] | And I still believe in you. | 我仍然信任你 |
[1:10:02] | Um, I’m not really a hugger. | 我不想真正的拥抱 |
[1:10:06] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:10:22] | Jesus, Troy. | 上帝 特洛伊 |
[1:10:25] | I blew my knee out on their nickel. | 我在他们的镍桶上摔断了腿 |
[1:10:34] | Not a card, not a “Hey, Troy, how’s your leg?” | 没有慰问 没有说”嘿 特洛伊 你的腿怎么样? “ |
[1:10:38] | I’ve been assistant GM for three years and you know what? | 我做经理助手三年了 你知道吗? |
[1:10:41] | There’s no GM. I’m the guy. | 根本没有经理 我应该是这个人 |
[1:10:43] | They just don’t want to give me the title and have to shell out | 他们不想给我这个头衔并为此 |
[1:10:45] | an extra $1631 a year. | 每年多支出1631美元 |
[1:10:47] | Where are you going with this, Troy? | 你去哪里 特洛伊? |
[1:10:49] | – Shame on you. – Shame on me? | -你太无耻了 -我太无耻了? |
[1:10:51] | Not you… Family Mart. | 不是你 是家庭超市 |
[1:10:53] | I’m confused. Are you gonna help me out or not? | 我不明白 你将要帮助我吗? |
[1:10:55] | Oh, I’m gonna help you, but it’s not for the money, | 哦 我将帮助你 但不是为了钱 |
[1:10:57] | it’s not for the ladies and it’s not for the bling. | 不是为了女人 也不是为了珠宝 |
[1:11:00] | This is for principle. | 仅仅为了原则 |
[1:11:01] | How many painkillers have you had? | 你吃了多少止疼片? |
[1:11:03] | One. | 一片 |
[1:11:05] | Well, I may have had an extra Xanax or two. | 或许我还吃了一片或两片阿普唑仓 |
[1:11:08] | I just get really nervous in meetings, especially big ones. | 我会在会议期间焦虑 特别是大型的 |
[1:11:13] | Okay, I’m gonna put my bike in the back and I’ll drive, okay? | 好了 我把车子放回去 然后我来开 好吗? |
[1:11:31] | – Can I help you? – Troy. | -我能帮你吗? -特洛伊 |
[1:11:35] | – Hi. We’re here to meet Mike James. – Matt James. | -你好 我们是来会见迈克·詹姆斯的 -马特·詹姆斯 |
[1:11:37] | Matt James. | 马特·詹姆斯 |
[1:11:39] | Aren’t you Robert Axle? | 你不是罗伯特·埃克斯利吗? |
[1:11:41] | This is my partner Troy Coangelo. | 这是我的伙伴 特洛伊·卡恩格勒 |
[1:11:43] | I think you spoke to him on the phone and set up the appointment. | 我想你和他在电话里说过了 定下了这次会面 |
[1:11:45] | I sure did. I made an appointment with Troy. | 是的 我和特洛伊约定了 |
[1:11:47] | I did not make an appointment with Robert Axle. | 我没和罗伯特·埃克斯利约定 |
[1:11:49] | We’re partners. What difference does that make? | 我们是合作伙伴 这有什么不同呢? |
[1:11:51] | The difference is that I had no idea that you were coming. | 区别在于我没想到你会来 |
[1:11:54] | I’m sorry, is there some problem? | 抱歉 有什么问题吗? |
[1:11:56] | Robert Axle. Wow. | 罗伯特·埃克斯利 哇唔 |
[1:12:01] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[1:12:03] | – It’s good to meet you guys. – Great to meet you, Matt. | -很高兴见到你们 -很高兴见到你 马特 |
[1:12:05] | Troy Coangelo. Where did you get that receptionist? She’s really on the ball. | 特洛伊·卡恩格勒 你从哪雇的接待员? 她真机警 |
[1:12:09] | Oh yeah, Sheila? She’s amazing. | 哦 希拉 她很令人惊奇 |
[1:12:11] | Yeah, you don’t want your receptionist being too hot… | 是的 你应该不希望接待员太暴躁 |
[1:12:13] | makes things complicated. | 把事情搞得很糟 |
[1:12:15] | She’s my wife. | 她是我的妻子 |
[1:12:19] | Hey, Sheila, would you be a doll and get me a diet soda? | 嘿 希拉 你能帮我拿杯汽水吗? |
[1:12:21] | Yeah, I’ll get right on that. | 好的 我马上去拿 |
[1:12:27] | Ta-dah! Presenting the Watchdawg. | 哇-塞 看看守护者 |
[1:12:31] | Wow, that is awesome. | 哇唔 真是太好了 |
[1:12:33] | This thing plays MP3s, | 这东西能播放MP3 |
[1:12:35] | music videos, also takes photographs, | 看电影 还能照相 |
[1:12:37] | but here’s the most unique thing about it… | 而且有一个十分特别的技能 |
[1:12:39] | It’s also a wireless child leash. | 它同时是儿童无线保护绳 |
[1:12:41] | – Does the prototype work? – Does a bear shit in the woods, Sheila? | -原型能工作吗? -熊会在森林里拉屎吗 希拉? |
[1:12:44] | Send it a test to | 给它发送一条信息到 |
[1:12:46] | watchtest@watchdog.org watchtest@watchdog.org. | |
[1:12:50] | Let him hear the music. | 让他听听音乐 |
[1:12:51] | Actually I think I might have forgotten to load the music, Troy. | 我想我或许忘了下载音乐了 特洛伊 |
[1:12:54] | Email just bounced back. | 邮件无法连接 |
[1:12:56] | We’re not gonna lie to you, the prototype is a little shaky. | 我们不会骗你的 原型只是有点不稳定 |
[1:12:59] | Look, I’m not gonna say that this is in perfect shape, | 听着 我没有说这个已经完美了 |
[1:13:02] | but this can be improved upon. It is a great idea and l… | 不过 这个可以改进 这是个极好的主意 |
[1:13:05] | I don’t know how to tell you this, but honesty is the best policy here. | 我不知道该怎么告诉你们 不过诚实是这里最好的规则 |
[1:13:09] | I met with Steven Leslie two days ago. | 前两天我和史蒂芬·莱斯利见过面 |
[1:13:11] | He pitched something practically identical to that. | 他提出了几乎完全一样的东西 |
[1:13:13] | He’s coming out with it. It’s called Watch Pal… | 他说出了这个想法 它叫做守护伙伴 |
[1:13:15] | fast-tracking it, wants it in play for the holiday season, | 能够快速追踪 想在假期能发挥作用 |
[1:13:18] | wants us to co-finance. | 希望我们能贷款 |
[1:13:20] | I met him a few days before you did. | 在那前几天我和他见了面 |
[1:13:22] | I pitched him this and he turned it down. | 我和他提到了这个 但他拒绝了 |
[1:13:23] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 很抱歉听到这些 |
[1:13:30] | You know why Family Mart is the fourth-largest | 你知道为什么家庭超市是第四大 |
[1:13:34] | discount consumer products retailer in the nation? | 全国零售连锁店吗? |
[1:13:37] | No, I do not. | 我不知道 |
[1:13:38] | Because it’s not Target and it’s not Kmart | 因为它不是塔吉特百货 不是卡马特 |
[1:13:42] | and it sure as hell not Walmart. | 当然也不是沃尔玛 |
[1:13:44] | It’s Family Mart… | 它是家庭超市 |
[1:13:46] | the copycat, | 盲目模仿 |
[1:13:48] | the poser, the wannabe. | 装腔作势 想着达成目标 |
[1:13:52] | So if you want to invest | 所以你想要 |
[1:13:54] | in the Family Mart version of Watchdawg, | 在家庭超市里投资守护者 |
[1:13:56] | be my freakin’ guest. | 那就得成为我的客户 |
[1:14:09] | Oh, in case anybody was wondering | 哦 你们还不知道吧 |
[1:14:12] | who might have gotten a six-figure advance | 有人将会获得六位数的预付款 |
[1:14:14] | for the invention of a brand-new groundbreaking fabrication, | 因为一项开创性的发明创造 |
[1:14:17] | that would be me… Robert Axle. | 这个人就是我 罗伯特·埃克斯利 |
[1:14:19] | Yes, the same Robert Axle | 是的 就是那个罗伯特·埃克斯利 |
[1:14:22] | who went to prison for eight years, but now… | 在监狱里待过八年的 不过现在 |
[1:14:26] | did I mention the six-figure advance? | 我提到过六位数预付款吧? |
[1:14:29] | Anyway, I’m back. Things are looking better than ever. | 不管怎样 我回来了 情形比以前好多了 |
[1:14:32] | Of course I’m gonna have to share some of that money | 当然我要共享这些钱 |
[1:14:34] | with my new partner Troy Coangelo. | 和我的新伙伴 特洛伊·卡恩格勒 |
[1:14:36] | Somebody stole Donna’s identity. | 有人偷了唐娜的身份证 |
[1:14:39] | Yeah, and then they racked up a credit card bill for $5000. | 是的 然后花了5000美元支付信用卡账单 |
[1:14:43] | Yeah, and then had the card sent to a mailbox place right around the corner. | 是的 然后把信用卡寄回了附近街角的信箱里 |
[1:14:52] | Look, girls, | 听着 女孩们 |
[1:14:54] | this is not a problem, all right? | 这不是个问题 对不对? |
[1:14:57] | I’ve got a check in my pocket for $125,000. | 我口袋里有张12万5千美元的支票 |
[1:15:01] | Let’s not let a $5000 check get us upset, all right? | 不要为了5千美元而生气 好不好? |
[1:15:05] | I’m gonna pay off that credit card before the first bill comes in. | 在第一张账单到来之前 我会还清信用卡的 |
[1:15:09] | You are a liar and you are a fake and you are a phony. | 你就是个骗子 十足的骗子 真正的骗子 |
[1:15:12] | I was rooting for you this whole time | 这段时间我一直那么信任你 |
[1:15:15] | and you steal from me? | 你竟然偷我的 |
[1:15:16] | No, I didn’t steal from you. I borrowed from you. | 不 我没有偷你的 我只是借你的 |
[1:15:18] | Claire, don’t let them do this, all right? Listen to me. Trust me. | 克莱尔 不要让他们这样 好不好? 听我说 你要相信我 |
[1:15:21] | I did trust you. | 我过去确实相信你 |
[1:15:23] | Look, baby, you want to fund your center? | 听着 宝贝 你想为你的中心筹款吗? |
[1:15:26] | Give me six months. We’ll have enough money to fund 10 centers. | 给我六个月 我们将会有足够的钱资助10个中心 |
[1:15:29] | There’s no we. There’s no we. | 不是我们 不是我们 |
[1:15:31] | It’s only you. It’s always been only you. | 只是你自己 你只想着你自己 |
[1:15:36] | I give you five minutes to get the hell out of here | 我给你五分钟离开这儿 |
[1:15:39] | or I’m calling the police. | 否则我就叫警察了 |
[1:16:53] | There’s just that sense of security that you have | 你会有安全感的 |
[1:16:55] | when you’re wearing Watch Pal. | 当你戴上守护伙伴 |
[1:16:58] | I mean, what do kids love? A pal, a friend. | 我的意思是 孩子们喜爱什么? 一个伙伴 真正的朋友 |
[1:17:00] | I mean, this is the product that a kid can say, | 这款产品会让孩子们惊叹道 |
[1:17:03] | “Hey, this is my pal. I have my pal with me.” | “嘿 这就是我的朋友 我要和我的朋友在一起” |
[1:17:05] | Please tell me this is gonna be okay, Axle. | 告诉我会没事的 埃克斯利 |
[1:17:08] | – We’re gonna be fine. – We’re gonna be fine? | -我们会没事的 -我们会没有事? |
[1:17:10] | I don’t know if you noticed, but it’s the same price. | 我不知道你是否注意到 完全一样的价格 |
[1:17:12] | He has got more games, and to be honest, it looks a hell of a lot cooler. | 他有更多的游戏 老实说 他的看起来更酷 |
[1:17:15] | – None of that matters. – Kids love robots. | -这些无关紧要 -孩子喜欢机器人 |
[1:17:17] | – They don’t have compasses. – Kids don’t use compasses. | -他们没有指南针 -孩子不需要指南针 |
[1:17:20] | Maybe they need to. | 或许他们需要 |
[1:17:22] | – Maybe you should shut your mouth. – Hey, guys, enough. | -或许你该闭上嘴 -嘿 伙计们 够了 |
[1:17:27] | Now look, I’ll admit he’s got a great product. | 现在听着我承认他开发出了更好的产品 |
[1:17:29] | It’s futuristic. It’s got a personality. | 更具前瞻性 更具个性 |
[1:17:32] | That’s not making me feel any better. | 这让我感觉很不好 |
[1:17:34] | But what he doesn’t have is me, | 但他所缺少的就是我 |
[1:17:36] | the first invention from Robert Axle since the one that maimed 3000 people. | 自从罗伯特·埃克斯利的一件发明伤害了3000人 |
[1:17:41] | Nobody has more to prove. Nobody’s got more eyes on them. | 就没有人在赞叹过他 就没有人多看他们一眼 |
[1:17:44] | An invention? I thought we were calling them fabrications. | 一项发明? 我想过去我们叫它创造 |
[1:17:47] | We’re gonna get rid of that word, | 我们要放弃这个词 |
[1:17:48] | ’cause that word is just tripping people up. | 因为这个词会让人感到困惑 |
[1:17:50] | Let’s call it an invention. Call it whatever people need to call it | 我们就叫它发明 人们怎么称呼我们就怎么叫 |
[1:17:52] | to know that this is the answer, | 这就是解决方法 |
[1:17:54] | that this is what one of the most prolific inventors in modern history | 这就是现代最多产的发明家 |
[1:17:57] | has been thinking about for the past decade… | 苦思冥想多年的产物 |
[1:17:59] | an idea with so much promise, | 一个令人惊奇的想法 |
[1:18:01] | that’s gonna so profoundly impact child safety | 将会对儿童安全产生重大影响 |
[1:18:04] | that everyone’s gonna forget about all their missing fingers. | 以至于每个人都会忘记他们失去的手指 |
[1:18:07] | – Write that down. – Write what down? | -写下来 -写下什么? |
[1:18:08] | What he just said. It’s important. Before we forget, write it down. | 他刚才说的 这很重要 在忘记之前 把它写下来 |
[1:18:11] | – Isn’t that Sheila’s job? – Write it down. | -这不是希拉的工作吗? -写下来 |
[1:18:15] | No, whoa whoa, don’t write on that. | 不 哇唔 哇唔 不要写在这上面 |
[1:18:18] | – Okay. What is it? – It’s just my good luck charm. | -好的 这是什么? -这是我的幸运物 |
[1:18:21] | All right, look… ooh. | 好的 看着 哦 |
[1:18:23] | Ow, that hurt. Knee to the head… not good. | 哦 会受伤的 膝盖朝着头 不是太好 |
[1:18:25] | Look, in life you have to help your partner. | 听着 一生中你要帮助伙伴 |
[1:18:27] | Percy, way to get up high. | 珀西 一直向上爬 |
[1:18:29] | Look at Conner Ann, man. Wow, you guys are doing good. | 看看康奈·安 伙计们 哇唔 你们做的不错 |
[1:18:33] | Good rope climbing, impressive. | 很好的绳索攀爬 令人惊奇 |
[1:18:36] | All right, you’re disgusting. You smell. | 好了 你是这么令人厌恶 你们知道的 |
[1:18:38] | Get the hell out of here. | 都出去吧 |
[1:18:40] | Good work. Good job. | 做的不错 做的很棒 |
[1:18:55] | What do you want? | 你想做什么? |
[1:18:57] | Could you give this to Claire for me? | 帮我把这个给克莱尔 |
[1:18:58] | What is that? | 这是什么? |
[1:19:00] | It’s an invitation to the Watchdawg launch. | 守护者发布会的邀请信 |
[1:19:02] | Well, why don’t you give it to her yourself? | 你为什么不亲自交给她 |
[1:19:04] | ‘Cause she won’t take it from me. | 因为她不会接受我的东西 |
[1:19:06] | She won’t even answer her phone, return my calls. | 她不接我的电话 也不回短信 |
[1:19:09] | I wonder why. | 我不明白为什么? |
[1:19:11] | Hey, I didn’t steal that money, all right? I was borrowing it. | 嘿 我没偷那笔钱 好吗? 我只是借用了 |
[1:19:13] | I was doing everything I could to save her business. | 我正在做我能做的一切来救助她的事业 |
[1:19:16] | You were trying to help yourself. | 你是在帮助自己 |
[1:19:18] | Well, the two aren’t mutually exclusive. | 两个人是没法各自独占的 |
[1:19:20] | What you did is not some sort of Robin Hood thing. | 你所做的也不是侠盗罗宾汉一类的 |
[1:19:22] | I mean, it was selfish. It was wrong. | 我的意思是 这是自私 这是不对的 |
[1:19:24] | And frankly, it’s the same shit you’ve been doing to her since she was a kid. | 老实说 自从她是一个孩子 你的行为就是这样的 |
[1:19:27] | Look, I’m a father and I’m not gonna apologize | 听我说 作为一个父亲 我是不会道歉的 |
[1:19:29] | for trying to give my daughter a great life. | 我是为了给我女儿一个极好的生活 |
[1:19:35] | You could have just mailed that. | 你还是寄出去吧 |
[1:19:39] | What? | 什么? |
[1:19:41] | Your stupid invite… you could have mailed it. | 你这个愚蠢的邀请 你可以邮寄的 |
[1:19:43] | You didn’t have to come here to launder it through me. | 你不用到这里经我转递 |
[1:19:45] | I mean, this isn’t seventh grade. | 我的意思是 这里又不是幼儿园 |
[1:19:57] | I wanted to see you. | 我想来看看你 |
[1:19:59] | It’s the tits, right? | 是来看胸的 对吗? |
[1:20:02] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[1:20:03] | Are they too low? | 他们太小了吗? |
[1:20:05] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[1:20:06] | Well, ’cause, you know, we kissed a few months ago | 因为 你知道的 几个月前我们亲吻了 |
[1:20:09] | and I thought it was really good. | 我想这很好 |
[1:20:11] | And I don’t know what you thought, | 我不知道你怎么想的 |
[1:20:13] | but you got to my tits and you shut down. | 你摸到了我的胸 但你停了下来 |
[1:20:16] | Would you stop saying that word? | 不要再说这个词了 |
[1:20:19] | – Tits? – Yeah. | -胸? -是的 |
[1:20:21] | Phoebe, I think you’re terrific, | 菲比 我认为你很漂亮 |
[1:20:23] | but the tough guy talk… it just sells you short. | 但那个混蛋说 这只会显露你的缺点 |
[1:20:29] | And I shut down because you’re my daughter’s friend. | 我停下来因为你是我女儿的朋友 |
[1:20:37] | And the tits are fine, all right? They’re not too high. | 这胸很好 不是吗? 他们不太高 |
[1:20:40] | They’re not too low. They’re just right where you want them. | 也不太小 正是你所想要的 |
[1:20:58] | Can I meet you guys at the table in one second? | 待会我和你们在餐桌见 好吗? |
[1:21:01] | – Okay, happy birthday. Love you. – Happy birthday. We’ll be right here. | -好的 生日快乐 我爱你 -生日快乐 我们这就去那里 |
[1:21:03] | We’ve got news. | 我们有消息 |
[1:21:06] | Big news. | 重大消息 |
[1:21:08] | You’re pregnant? | 你怀孕了? |
[1:21:10] | No, we’re moving to Tampa. | 不是 我们要搬到坦帕 |
[1:21:13] | – Tampa? – I just want to relax | -坦帕? -我想去好好放松一下 |
[1:21:15] | enjoying my husband for a while. | 和我丈夫在一块享受一阵子 |
[1:21:18] | Wait, what’s this really about? | 等等 到底是关于什么的事? |
[1:21:20] | We got an offer on the house… | 我们卖了了房子 |
[1:21:22] | furniture, cars, everything as-is. | 家具 汽车 所有的一切 |
[1:21:25] | So the only thing left is your little blue house. | 剩下的唯一东西就是那个蓝色的房子 |
[1:21:27] | And with any luck, we’re gonna sell that today. | 但愿今天能卖出去 |
[1:21:29] | – Wait, to who? – To you. | -等等 卖给谁? -卖给你 |
[1:21:32] | The price is $1. | 价钱是一块钱 |
[1:21:34] | Make the check payable to Jerry King. | 支票可以开给杰里·金 |
[1:21:39] | Guys, this is really not necessary. | 这实在是没有必要 |
[1:21:44] | Sweetie, I think it’s adorable that you’re working in a coffee shop, | 我想你在咖啡店里工作确实很好 |
[1:21:47] | but you had a career, and a good one. | 但你有自己的事业 一个很好的 |
[1:21:51] | I will get back to saving the world at some point, | 我会在适当的时候回去拯救的 |
[1:21:53] | but right now I just need a break. | 但现在我需要休息一下 |
[1:21:56] | This is not a break. This is a cop-out. | 这不是休息 这个理由站不住脚 |
[1:22:00] | Claire, your mother loves you. | 克莱尔 你妈妈爱你 |
[1:22:02] | She just doesn’t want to see you make the same mistake she did. | 她只是不希望你犯下 和她同样的错误 |
[1:22:05] | Letting Robert Axle ruin her life? | 让罗伯特·埃克斯利毁了她的生活? |
[1:22:08] | Not forgiving him. | 不要原谅他 |
[1:22:17] | I’d better go back to work. | 我要回去工作了 |
[1:22:32] | G54 G54. | |
[1:22:36] | – L26. – Oh, this is for you. | -L26 -哦 这是给你的 |
[1:22:39] | It’s from your dad. He came by my school. | 你爸爸给的 他来我的学校了 |
[1:22:41] | You still talk to my dad? | 你还和我爸爸联系? |
[1:22:44] | G49 G49. | |
[1:22:50] | I kissed him, okay? | 我吻了他 好吗? |
[1:22:51] | You kissed him? | 你吻了他? |
[1:22:53] | I’m sorry. I really feel like crap. I just… | 抱歉 我感觉就像废物一样 我只是 |
[1:22:55] | – You should feel like crap. – Donna, you’re not helping. | -你应该感觉像废物 -唐娜 你不是在帮忙 |
[1:22:57] | I’m not trying to help. After everything he’s done, she’s being nice to him? | 我没有在帮忙 他做了那么多事 她仍对他那么好 |
[1:23:00] | O61 O61. | |
[1:23:03] | It’s just that he makes me feel, | 只是那让我感觉到 |
[1:23:06] | like, funnier than I thought I was and less hideous. | 我想是更加乐观 不再那么令人厌恶 |
[1:23:10] | B5 B5. | |
[1:23:12] | I don’t know, it just felt good not to be pissed off. | 我不知道 只是不再生气感觉很好 |
[1:23:14] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:23:15] | Bingo! I got bingo. | 宾果 我中了 |
[1:23:19] | Bingo. | 宾果 |
[1:23:20] | What’s next for one of the most prolific | 接下来将会是什么 对于多产的 |
[1:23:23] | and unpredictable inventors in modern history? | 和不可预知的发明家来讲? |
[1:23:27] | In the room today, financial movers and shakers, | 今天在这里 金融投资家 调研者 |
[1:23:30] | also the tech-savvy parents and kids | 以及科技人员 父母和儿童 |
[1:23:33] | who are just excited to see this latest invention. | 将会很高兴看到这项最新发明 |
[1:23:35] | Did I tell you we’re having a boy? | 我告诉过你我们有个男孩了吗? |
[1:23:38] | No, Matt, you didn’t. Congratulations. | 没有 马特 恭喜你 |
[1:23:40] | Thank you. I really wanted a boy. | 谢谢 我真的希望是个男孩 |
[1:23:42] | You know, Matt, I haven’t said it. I really ought to before I go out there. | 你知道 马特 我从来没说过 在我去之前 应该说出来 |
[1:23:46] | Not a lot of people would have taken a second chance on me. | 不会有太多人会给我第二次机会 |
[1:23:49] | It means a lot to me. Thank you so much. | 这对我意义重大 十分感谢你 |
[1:23:51] | I won’t let you down. | 我不会让你失望的 |
[1:23:53] | Axle, I didn’t take a second chance on you | 埃克斯利 我没有给你第二次机会 |
[1:23:55] | ’cause I’m a good guy. | 因为我是个好人 |
[1:23:58] | I did it because I honestly believe | 我这么做是因为我坚信 |
[1:24:00] | that you’re gonna make me one of the richest men in the world. | 你会让我成为世界上最富有的人之一 |
[1:24:07] | Sorry I’m late. Hey, Sheila. | 抱歉 我迟到了 嘿 希拉 |
[1:24:10] | The traffic was brutal. | 交通真是糟透了 |
[1:24:11] | I had to go back by the office and pick up your lucky picture. | 我不得不返回办公室 去拿你的幸运图画 |
[1:24:28] | Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Mr. Robert Axle. | 女士们 先生们 让我们欢迎埃克斯利先生 |
[1:24:45] | Thank you very much. Good afternoon. | 谢谢你们 下午好 |
[1:24:50] | From the moment they are conceived, | 在此时刻 他们认为 |
[1:24:52] | our greatest fear as parents | 作为父母最大的恐惧 |
[1:24:54] | is losing our child. | 就是失去我们的孩子 |
[1:24:57] | We do everything we can to keep them near us | 我们尽一切努力让孩子带在身边 |
[1:24:59] | and keep them safe. | 保证他们的安全 |
[1:25:06] | But sometimes they slip away. | 但有时他们会悄悄溜走 |
[1:25:09] | It can happen in shopping malls, | 这会发生在商场 |
[1:25:13] | airports. | 或者机场 |
[1:25:25] | You know, the… | 众所周知 |
[1:25:29] | the truth is it’s not always the kids that get lost. | 并不总是孩子迷失 |
[1:25:36] | Sometimes it’s us… | 有时是我们 |
[1:25:38] | the grown-ups, the parent. | 这些成年人 作父母的 |
[1:25:42] | And that’s certainly true for me. | 我对此深有体会 |
[1:25:47] | You see, I was convicted | 大家都知道 我被判刑 |
[1:25:50] | of gross negligence because of a product. | 是因为一项产品的明显疏忽 |
[1:25:52] | I mean, you all know that. | 我的意思是 你们都知道这些 |
[1:25:56] | But what I’m really guilty of | 但我真正后悔的 |
[1:26:00] | is gross negligence as a father. | 是作为父亲的疏忽大意 |
[1:26:05] | And so here I am | 因此我在这里 |
[1:26:07] | giving you another Robert Axle fabrication, | 向你们推荐罗伯特·埃克斯利的另一件产品 |
[1:26:11] | which is the last thing I should be doing. | 这是我应该做的最后一件事 |
[1:26:14] | I mean, don’t get me wrong. | 不要误解我 |
[1:26:17] | Watchdawg is a good product. | 守护者是一件好产品 |
[1:26:19] | It serves a purpose. I’m sure a lot of people will enjoy it. | 它会起到一定的作用 我确信许多人会喜欢它 |
[1:26:25] | But it’s a Band-Aid. | 但它只起到辅助作用 |
[1:26:29] | It’s not gonna solve the disconnect I have with my daughter | 它不会解决我和女儿之间的隔阂 |
[1:26:33] | or the disconnect that any of us have with our kids. | 或者说我们和孩子间的隔阂 |
[1:26:36] | I mean, do we really need another toy | 我的意思是 我们真的需要一件新的玩具 |
[1:26:39] | to keep our kids distracted | 来让孩子分心 |
[1:26:41] | so that we can feel free to take our eye off the ball? | 因此我们可以放心的将目光移开? |
[1:26:51] | We have to learn to connect to our kids | 我们要学会和孩子交流 |
[1:26:54] | without the need for this | 而不是需要这个 |
[1:26:57] | or the thousands of other gadgets that we use | 或者花了数千块确使我们 |
[1:27:00] | to distract ourselves from being the best parent we can be. | 远离了好父母的形象 |
[1:27:08] | ‘Cause this… | 因为这 |
[1:27:15] | this isn’t the answer for me anymore. | 这些对我来说不再是答案了 |
[1:27:52] | Sorry I missed your birthday. How was it? | 对不起我错过了你的生日 过得怎么样? |
[1:27:56] | Good. | 很好 |
[1:27:57] | But I’m not much of a birthday girl. | 但我不再是喜欢过生日的女孩了 |
[1:28:00] | I see. I keep learning new things about Claire Elizabeth every day… | 我知道 我每天在了解关于 克莱尔·伊利莎白的新东西 |
[1:28:03] | not much of a birthday girl. | 不再是过生日的小女孩了 |
[1:28:05] | It’s Claire Axle. | 是克莱尔·埃克斯利 |
[1:28:07] | I’m kind of over the whole Claire Elizabeth thing. | 我要结束克莱尔·伊利莎白的所有事情 |
[1:28:14] | I’m glad to hear that. | 我很高兴听到这些 |
[1:28:16] | Axle! | 埃克斯利 |
[1:28:25] | You gotta get back there, man. Matt’s going out of his mind. | 你应该回去 马特改变主意了 |
[1:28:28] | Why? Does he want to sue me? | 为什么? 他想起诉我? |
[1:28:29] | Sue you? He wants to back you. | 起诉你? 他想让你回去 |
[1:28:31] | Back me for what? | 回去做什么? |
[1:28:33] | Ideas, inventions, consulting. He doesn’t care. | 想点子 发明 做顾问 什么都行 |
[1:28:35] | The buyers are going crazy. | 顾客快挤疯了 |
[1:28:38] | Well, you tell Matt I appreciate the gesture, | 你告诉马特我十分珍惜他的邀请 |
[1:28:40] | but I’ve got to get a job… | 但我已经获得工作了 |
[1:28:43] | a real job. | 一项真正的工作 |
[1:28:45] | You’ve got a real job, Dad. | 你已经获得了真正的工作 爸爸 |
[1:28:49] | You’re a fabricator. | 你是个发明家 |
[1:28:59] | Okay, I’m in. But you tell him | 好的 我接受 但你告诉他 |
[1:29:01] | that at the moment I’m taking a walk with my daughter. | 现在我正和女儿散步 |
[1:29:05] | So you go back and work that room for me, partner, | 所以你回去 在那里替我工作 伙伴 |
[1:29:07] | and I’ll join up with you as soon as I can. | 我会尽快和你会合的 |
[1:29:09] | I’m on it. | 我马上去做 |
[1:29:14] | No, you’re going b… | 不 你要 |
[1:29:33] | Does that guy Troy have a girlfriend? | 特洛伊有女朋友吗? |
[1:29:36] | Are you serious or are you just trying to freak me out? | 你是认真的还是想吓吓我? |
[1:29:39] | A little of both. | 两者都有 |