英文名称:Wall Street Money Never Sleeps
年代:2010
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:30] | One silk handkerchief. | 一条丝绢 |
[00:33] | One necktie. | 一根领带 |
[00:37] | One watch. | 一块手表 |
[00:42] | One ring. | 一枚戒指 |
[00:46] | One gold money clip with no money in it. | 一个黄金钱夹不过没钱 |
[00:54] | And one mobile phone. | 还有部手机 |
[01:05] | Fifty cents a day, | 除去你在里面 |
[01:07] | minus what you spent inside, | 每天五十美分的花销 |
[01:08] | And a train ticket to the big apple. | 还有张去纽约的车票 |
[01:10] | Good luck, Gekko, and don’t come back. | 祝你好运 盖柯 别再回来了 |
[01:14] | You want to know what the mother of all bubbles was? | 你知道泡沫之母是什么吗 |
[01:18] | It came out of nowhere. | 它们不知怎的就冒出来了 |
[01:19] | By chance. | 只是偶然 |
[01:21] | How many you got, Mac? | 你有几个 麦克 |
[01:22] | Five. | 五个 |
[01:22] | They called it the cambrian explosion. | 他们称之为寒武纪大爆炸 |
[01:25] | It happened around 530 million years ago. | 距今已有五亿三千万年 |
[01:28] | Open the gate! | 打开大门 |
[01:29] | And over the next 70, 80 million years, | 在之后的几千年里 |
[01:31] | The rate of evolution accelerated so fast | 生物进化得如此之快 |
[01:34] | That we came along. | 于是就出现了我们 |
[01:36] | The human race. | 人类 |
[01:39] | They still can’t explain how that happened, | 人们始终无法解释其中缘由 |
[01:42] | except that it happened. | 只知道就这么发生了 |
[01:44] | Here he is! | 他在那儿 |
[01:57] | Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[02:12] | Some people say it was by chance, | 有人认为这一切都是偶然 |
[02:16] | Others, design. | 而有人则觉得是命中注定 |
[02:19] | But who really knows? | 但谁又知道真相 |
[02:34] | The dimming of the light makes the picture clearer | 灯火渐暗 画面却愈发清晰 |
[02:40] | It’s just an old photograph | 往昔浮现眼前 |
[02:44] | There’s nothing to hide | 我们坦诚相待 |
[02:47] | When the world was just beginning | 生活重新开始 |
[02:56] | I memorized a face so it’s not forgotten | 我想起那张难忘的脸 |
[03:02] | I hear the wind whistling | 拂过的微风仿佛低语 |
[03:06] | Come back anytime | 欢迎随时回来 |
[03:10] | And we’ll mix our lives together | 生命彼此交织 |
[03:18] | Heaven knows | 没有人知道 |
[03:21] | What keeps mankind alive | 人类活着的意义 |
[03:30] | Connecting | 敞开心扉 |
[03:33] | To places we have known | 拥抱这个熟悉的世界 |
[03:40] | I’m looking for a home | 我想有个家 |
[03:43] | Where the wheels are turning | 那里充满生气 |
[03:47] | Home why I keep returning | 家 让人无比眷恋 |
[03:53] | Home with our bodies touching | 家 温暖彼此之间 |
[03:58] | Home and the cameras watching | 家 留下温馨记忆 |
[04:04] | Home will infect whatever you do | 家 在你心中发芽 |
[04:14] | We’re home | 我们到家了 |
[04:17] | Comes to life from out of the blue | 享受生活远离悲伤 |
[04:29] | Stop sleeping. | 别睡了 |
[04:30] | You mean’wake up.’ | 你是说醒醒么 |
[04:32] | ‘wake up’is positive.”stop sleeping’is a negative. | 这样更积极 而”别睡了”好消极 |
[04:37] | Either way, it’s not my favorite part of the day. | 不管怎样 我不喜欢一天中的这时候 |
[04:39] | It’s the best part of the day. | 一天最美妙的就是这时候 |
[04:42] | I feel bad for anybody who feels that way. | 这样想太无可救药了 |
[04:44] | It means their day can’t get any better. | 说得好像这一天都没法更好了 |
[04:47] | You go to bed too late. You don’t sleep enough. | 你老那么晚睡 不缺觉才怪 |
[04:54] | What’s going on with you today? | 你今天要做什么 |
[04:57] | Did I tell you, or did you forget? | 我没跟你说还是你给忘了 |
[04:59] | I’m going to Washington for the week. | 我要去华盛顿待一个星期 |
[05:01] | Yeah. New site, right? | 想起来了 新网站吗 |
[05:03] | We’re launching in 10 days, | 十天后发布 |
[05:04] | So the whole site’s down starting tomorrow. | 所以明天起网站关闭 |
[05:06] | What are all those angry liberals | 那些激动的民主党 |
[05:07] | going to do without their daily fix, baby? | 没你们的新闻看怎么行 宝贝 |
[05:09] | You’re just as liberal as they are, mr. Green energy. | 你不也是民主党么 绿色环保大使 |
[05:13] | No, no, no. The only green is money, honey. | 不 我爱的绿色只有钞票 亲爱的 |
[05:15] | Oh, you’re so wall street, it makes me sick. | 你简直太华尔街范儿了 真让我恶心 |
[05:18] | Baby, come here. | 宝贝 过来 |
[05:20] | No. What did I ever see in you? | 不 我到底看上你什么了 |
[05:22] | – Come here. – No. | -过来 -不要 |
[05:23] | My next guest, Gordon Gekko, | 下一位嘉宾 戈登·盖柯 |
[05:25] | was one of the biggest names on wall street in the ’80s | 曾在八十年代叱咤华尔街的风云人物 |
[05:27] | Before he went to prison for insider | 后因进行内幕交易 |
[05:29] | trading and securities fraud. | 和证券欺诈而进了监狱 |
[05:31] | He’s out with a new book, and it is a shocker, believe me. | 最近刚出狱就出了本新书 相当令人震惊 |
[05:34] | It is called is Greed Good? | 书名是《贪婪可以吗》 |
[05:36] | The man himself is here with us. | 今天他来到了这里 |
[05:37] | Gordon, good to have you on the program. | 戈登 很高兴你能来参加节目 |
[05:39] | Thank you, Maria. It’s nice to be out. | 谢谢 玛莉亚 重获自由感觉真好 |
[05:41] | – Turn it off. – One sec. | -关掉 -稍等 |
[05:42] | And I must tell you, your show is a big, big hit in the can. | 不得不说 你的节目在监狱里大受欢迎 |
[05:45] | Oh. You watched it in prison? | 你在监狱里也看吗 |
[05:48] | Your show? | 你的节目吗 |
[05:50] | Me and a whole lot of others. | 不光我 大伙都看 |
[05:52] | You wrote the book in prison? | 你在监狱里写的这本书吗 |
[05:54] | I did. I outlined my drafts… | 是的 我先是列了个提纲… |
[06:00] | I’m taking a shower. | 我去洗澡 |
[06:09] | Everybody says that the living is easy | 大家都说 生活简单轻松 |
[06:15] | I can barely see ’cause my head’s in the way | 我却大脑短路 寸步难行 |
[06:20] | Tigers walk behind me | 暴徒紧随身后 |
[06:24] | They are to remind me that | 不断提醒着我 |
[06:27] | I’m lost, but I’m not afraid | 我已迷失 却心无畏惧 |
[06:32] | Soul to soul | 灵魂紧紧相连 |
[06:34] | A kiss and a sigh | 叹息着而相吻 |
[06:37] | Sawed in half… | 灵魂分成两半… |
[06:39] | See you next week. | 下周见 |
[06:42] | Good luck in Washington. | 祝你在华盛顿好运 |
[06:49] | People on the outside I remember sweet times | 过往人群 回忆浮现 |
[06:55] | This old rose is always in bloom | 时隔多年的玫瑰 依旧娇艳 |
[07:03] | – Hello. – Jacob. | -喂 -雅各布 |
[07:05] | Dr. Masters. | 麦斯特博士 |
[07:06] | Good morning, sir. Don’t you get any sleep? | 早 先生 你都不睡觉的吗 |
[07:08] | Jacob, it happened. | 雅各布 成功了 |
[07:10] | As close as we’ve come to burn yet. | 这是我们最接近目标的一次 |
[07:12] | Really? How many lasers? | 真的吗 发射了多少镭射光束 |
[07:13] | We fired 72 this morning, | 今早发射了七十二束 |
[07:15] | and we’re going to go for 96 next week. | 下周争取达到九十六束 |
[07:17] | That’s fantastic. That’s a game changer, doc. | 太棒了 简直是大转折啊 博士 |
[07:20] | So let me guess, | 这么说的话 |
[07:21] | It means we’re pushing the pace, right? You need more money? | 进度加快了吧 你需要更多资金吗 |
[07:23] | Well, it’d be good if we could get another 100 million. | 要是能再有一个亿就好了 |
[07:27] | We could pick up maybe six months on our schedule. | 我们就能提前六个月完成 |
[07:30] | A hundred million dollars? | 一个亿吗 |
[07:32] | As long as the price of oil stays high, we’ll get the money. | 只要原油的价格不跌 钱不是问题 |
[07:35] | That would be nice. That would be nice. | 那就好 真是太棒了 |
[07:37] | Because the foundation says that they’re | 因为基金会的人说他们 |
[07:39] | having some problems in the markets… | 在市场方面有些问题… |
[07:41] | You don’t worry about that, though, okay, doc? | 这你不用担心 博士 |
[07:43] | You just keep building that baby star, okay? | 你只需做好本职工作 好吗 |
[07:46] | Okay. Thank you, Jacob. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢你 雅各布 |
[07:49] | All right, I’ll talk to you soon. | 先这样 回头再聊 |
[07:52] | Now I can say those three little words | 现在我能说出那三个字眼 |
[07:57] | And everyday I’m dreaming a world | 而每一天 我都心怀梦想 |
[08:03] | Life is long | 退一步海阔天空 |
[08:06] | If you give it way | 只因为人生漫长 |
[08:09] | So stay, don’t go | 所以 留下吧 别走 |
[08:12] | ’cause I’m fading away | 年华逝去 光阴流走 |
[08:15] | Soul to soul between you and me | 你我之间 紧紧相依 |
[08:20] | Chain me down but I am still free | 深深的羁绊 却自由自在 |
[08:30] | Hydra Offshore. | 长蛇境外公司 |
[08:32] | Let me repeat this again. | 我再重申一遍 |
[08:35] | A huge deep-sea exploration play | 赤道几内亚的海岸附近 |
[08:37] | off the coast of equatorial Guinea. | 正在进行一项大型的深海勘探 |
[08:39] | That’s an oil field that’s barely been touched. | 那块油田几乎还无人问津 |
[08:41] | Remember, the stock’s trading roughly 31 % off the 52-week high | 股票已较之前52周的高点回落了31%左右 |
[08:46] | and it’s part owned and funded. | 而那块油田已被买下和投资开发 |
[08:48] | By none other than, guess who. | 猜猜是谁干的好事 |
[08:50] | Churchill Schwartz. | 丘吉尔·施瓦茨 |
[08:52] | So we know they won’t let anything too bad happen here. | 所以他们不会冒失败的风险 |
[08:54] | My suggestion is that we get aggressive. | 我的建议是我们该尽快出击 |
[08:56] | Agreed? | 同意吗 |
[08:59] | We all agree? | 没有异议吗 |
[09:01] | Ed, what do you think? | 爱德 你怎么看 |
[09:03] | I don’t agree. Maybe it’s just me. | 可能就我不同意吧 |
[09:05] | Equatorial Guinea’s a pretty tough dictatorship. | 赤道几内亚是个强硬的独裁专政国家 |
[09:07] | This guy’s already nationalized the gold and diamond mines. | 该国的统治者已把黄金和钻石国有化 |
[09:09] | So what’s your point? | 你想说什么 |
[09:10] | I just don’t think it’s a risk our desk | 我就是觉得我们现在 |
[09:12] | should be taking right now, that’s all. I’d wait. | 不该冒这个风险 应该再等等 |
[09:14] | Wait? Wait for what? Yeah. | 等 还等什么 |
[09:15] | Your’Beam me up, Scottie’hydrogen fusion deal? | 你那什么”星际迷航”氢聚变项目吗 |
[09:17] | Now you’re talking about something else. | 那是另一回事 |
[09:18] | It’s united fusion corporation, Stan. | 那是家聚变联合公司 斯坦 |
[09:19] | Come on. It’s apples and oranges. | 那是两码事 别扯到一起 |
[09:21] | – Oh, really? -Yeah. | -是吗 -当然 |
[09:22] | You mean the deal that we already sank | 我们已经砸了五千万 |
[09:23] | $50 million into, mr. Brainiac? | 在那个项目上了 智多星先生 |
[09:25] | Alternative energy is what biotech was 15 years ago, Stan. | 替代能源相当于15年前的生化科技 斯坦 |
[09:29] | Come on. You were young once. You know that. | 得了 你这个岁数的人不会不知道 |
[09:30] | Profits aren’t quarterly. The runs could be huge. | 一时半会没有盈利 但收益不可估量 |
[09:32] | We’ll all be dead by the time your | 等你那个疯子教授赚到钱 |
[09:34] | nutty professor makes us any money. | 我们老早入土了 |
[09:35] | Right, this coming from the guy who said google was a bubble. | 没错 当时你还说谷歌是个泡沫呢 |
[09:40] | Anyway. Hydra offshore. | 不管怎样 长蛇境外公司 |
[09:44] | It’s priced right for us to make | 他们的股价刚好合适 |
[09:45] | three to five times on our money. | 现在买进会有三四倍利润 |
[09:47] | And better yet, what we all love the most. | 而更好的结果是 大家皆大欢喜 |
[09:50] | Big year-end bonuses. | 丰厚的年底奖金 |
[09:55] | Let’s go! Let’s go! Let’s make some dough! | 行动吧 我们赚钱去 |
[09:58] | What’s up? You good? | 过得怎样 还好吗 |
[10:11] | I can’t! it’s not up to me. | 不行 我又不说了算 |
[10:14] | Maybe I can do it, maybe I can’t do it. | 行不行我说不准 |
[10:16] | People are telling me something. | 大家的消息各不相同 |
[10:18] | Jesus! Harry, you gave me your word. | 老天 哈里 你向我保证过 |
[10:21] | You know I know! | 我当然知道 |
[10:24] | You okay, Lou? | 你没事吧 卢 |
[10:27] | Good day, I’m okay. Bad day, I’m okay. | 日子好坏也得照样过 |
[10:30] | What’s the difference? | 有什么区别吗 |
[10:33] | Do me a favor. Don’t ask me dumb questions. | 拜托 别问我这种蠢问题 |
[10:35] | You wanted to see me? | 你找我吗 |
[10:37] | Steve, stay on top of Harry, okay? | 史蒂夫 你给我盯着哈里 行吗 |
[10:39] | He’s driving me crazy. | 他简直让我抓狂 |
[10:40] | You got it, boss. | 好的 老板 |
[10:42] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[10:50] | Why? | 为什么 |
[10:51] | That’s some’thank you.’ | 就当是感谢吧 |
[10:53] | what do you want, a kiss, too? | 怎么 你还要我吻你一下吗 |
[10:54] | I thought maybe the news out of London would’ve wrecked the mood. | 我还以为伦敦的消息搅了你的心情呢 |
[10:56] | London? Don’t tell me London. | 伦敦 别提了 |
[10:58] | I take a look at their sheets. | 我看他们的报表上说什么 |
[11:00] | They tell me they got a $125 million profit, right? | 赚了一亿二千五百万 |
[11:03] | I look at the same lousy spread, | 而我仔细看那堆糟糕的数字 |
[11:05] | to me it looks like a buck and a quarter loss. | 发现根本是亏了一亿两千五百万 |
[11:07] | Then they tell me, ‘don’t worry about it.’ | 而他们还要我别担心 |
[11:09] | ‘we’re making money on the losses.’ | 说什么”我们正在转亏为盈” |
[11:10] | How do you make money on losses? You tell me. | 你说说看 都亏损了还怎么赚钱 |
[11:14] | I’m just an old dinosaur. | 我是跟不上时代了 |
[11:15] | Lou, I believe in Keller Zabel. We’re fine. | 卢 我相信凯勒·泽贝 我们不会有事 |
[11:18] | And you’re not a dinosaur. Come on. | 你也不是老古董 别这样 |
[11:19] | It’s no fun anymore, Jacob. | 毫无乐趣可言了 雅各布 |
[11:21] | I’m talking to some guy in Mumbai, Dumbai. | 我跟一个孟买也不知道顿买的人谈话 |
[11:24] | I don’t know what he’s talking about. | 我都不知道他在说什么 |
[11:26] | I don’t know what he’s selling, I don’t know who he is, | 也不懂他在推销什么 甚至不知道他是谁 |
[11:28] | I don’t know how much I’m putting up. | 我都不知道自己投了多少 |
[11:30] | And my partners, they’re in their graves. They’re laughing at me. | 而我的生意伙伴 都要在棺材里嘲笑我了 |
[11:33] | It’s just a bunch of machines now, telling us what to do. | 现在都靠机器告诉我们怎么工作 |
[11:36] | That’s why you got people like me here, Lou, to lighten the load. | 所以才有我这样的人在 卢 为你减轻负担 |
[11:39] | Getting old is not for sissies, kid. | 变老可一点也不好受 孩子 |
[11:47] | Take that money, huh? | 收下那笔钱吧 |
[11:49] | You spend it on that pretty girl. You deserve it. | 给那个女孩买点什么 你应得的 |
[11:54] | I remember when the pro sent me you. | 我还记得你被推荐给我时 |
[11:57] | This skinny kid with crazy hair. | 瘦骨嶙峋 还顶着个非主流的发型 |
[12:00] | I said, ‘jimmy, what are you doing to me? | 我还说 “吉米 你搞什么” |
[12:01] | Give me a real caddy.’ | 给我找个像样点的家伙来 |
[12:03] | I was having a bad day, and you wouldn’t shut up. | 那天我心情很糟 你还说个不停 |
[12:06] | Twelve years old, you’re talking to me about | 才十二岁 就一个劲地和我谈论 |
[12:08] | companies and sectors and earnings. | 怎么管理公司怎么赚钱 |
[12:16] | You had the hunger, Jake. | 你有远大抱负 雅各 |
[12:18] | I could smell it then. You still got it. | 我能感觉到 你还是没变 |
[12:23] | I’ve just never had a check like this in my hands before. | 我只是从没拿过这么多钱 |
[12:25] | You spend it. Somebody has to keep our economy going. | 花了它吧 总得有人为经济做贡献 |
[12:29] | Well, get out of my office. | 现在出去吧 |
[12:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:51] | Princess cut. | 公主琢型 |
[12:52] | Platinum-banded, one and a half carat. | 白金戒环 一点五克拉钻石 |
[12:55] | There’s nothing quite like a ring… | 这枚钻戒简直无与伦比… |
[12:57] | Can you take me to the money room? | 可以带我去私人理财室么 |
[13:03] | You mean the private client foyer? | 你是指贵宾私人休息室吗 |
[13:08] | That’s it. | 是的 |
[13:42] | Olga from Russia, with love. | 俄国女郎 奥尔嘉 |
[13:45] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[13:47] | Shots or champagne, guys? | 来杯烈酒还是香槟 伙计们 |
[14:05] | She was scoping you for the kill, bro. | 她瞄了你很久了 老兄 |
[14:07] | Perfect. An 11, man. Gisele time. | 俄罗斯版的姬塞儿[巴西著名模特] 完美 |
[14:10] | No. This is… | 不 这才叫完美 |
[14:16] | Wow. You’re serious. | 你是认真的 |
[14:18] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[14:21] | So young, and already pricing yourself off the market. | 这么年轻 就把自己明码标价卖出去了 |
[14:25] | – ‘Tron? – Shots. | -来一杯吗 -一口干 |
[14:29] | So when are you gonna ask her? | 你什么时候向她求婚 |
[14:31] | She’s not that crazy about marriage, you know. | 她不太想结婚 你也知道 |
[14:33] | I mean, look at her parents. | 我是说 看她父母就知道了 |
[14:34] | A girl’s got to get it straight with her pop, don’t you think? | 女儿总得坦然面对自己的父亲吧 |
[14:36] | What if you have kids? | 要是你们有了孩子呢 |
[14:38] | Yeah, it’s going be tough. | 那会很辛苦 |
[14:39] | Did you hear what he said on tv the other night? | 还记得之前他在电视上怎么说吗 |
[14:41] | ‘home loan defaults are just the first | 无法偿还住房贷款 |
[14:43] | raindrop in the mother of all storms.’ | 只是暴风雨的前奏 |
[14:45] | Christ. Sour grapes, this man. | 老天 这家伙可真够嫉妒 |
[14:47] | The guy is a legend. Gordon the Gekko. | 这家伙是个传奇 他可是戈登·盖柯 |
[14:50] | He’s speaking next week up at your old alma mater, Fordham. | 他下星期在你母校福坦莫大学演讲 |
[14:53] | Watch yourself. | 小心点 |
[14:54] | – Hey buddy, get a cane. – Come on, come on. | -老兄 悠着点 -算了 算了 |
[14:57] | A few of us are going up after work to check him out. Come along. | 我们几个打算下班后去听听 一起吧 |
[14:59] | I can’t. Winnie, you know. | 我不行 薇妮嘛 你也知道她 |
[15:02] | The only god you worship is Zabel. | 看来你只崇拜泽贝啊 |
[15:04] | I don’t worship the man. He got me a seat at the table. | 我不崇拜他 只是他器重我 |
[15:07] | The word is he’s stuck with a ton of toxic | 听说他正在为一堆 |
[15:08] | sub-prime debt off the balance sheet. | 次贷坏账债务表而发愁 |
[15:10] | Billions. Can’t find a bid for it. | 几十个亿 赎不回来 |
[15:12] | Yeah, so what? | 那又怎样 |
[15:14] | So, buddy, it don’t matter if the rumors are true or not. | 老兄 不管传言是真是假 |
[15:16] | Because in this climate, it’s what buyers believe. | 当下的世道 买家才是王道 |
[15:19] | And where there’s smoke, there’s fire. | 再说了 无风不起浪 |
[15:20] | – I’ll make you a bet right now. – Go. | -那我跟你打赌 -怎么赌 |
[15:22] | I got a million dollars left of my bonus, okay? | 我的奖金还剩一百万 |
[15:25] | It’s yours tomorrow a.M. | 明天早上都是你的了 |
[15:27] | You put it in KZI shares. You leverage that to the max. | 你用来买进凯泽的股份 炒到高价 |
[15:29] | That’s how much I believe in this company. | 我对这家公司就是这么有信心 |
[15:30] | Did you not hear me? | 没听进去我的话吗 |
[15:31] | Listen, as your only friend left | 听着 作为你唯一的朋友 |
[15:33] | from a place in Long Island no one can remember, | 从长岛上一个没人记得 |
[15:35] | let alone pronounce, | 甚至连名字都叫不上的地方来的人 |
[15:36] | I’m telling you, you’re acting like your mama. | 我告诉你 别跟你老妈一个德性 |
[15:40] | Don’t do that. Leave her out of this. | 喂 别把她扯进来 |
[15:42] | Plus, why would he spot-bonus me right | 更何况 既然公司陷入危机 |
[15:44] | now if we were in trouble, huh? | 他又何必给我即时奖金 |
[15:45] | It makes no sense. | 这没道理 |
[15:46] | Look, you don’t want to make any money on this, fine. | 你要是不想赚这一票 随你 |
[15:48] | I’m sure Harry Shapiro would love to. | 我去找哈里·夏皮罗 |
[15:50] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 |
[15:51] | I’m a hooker, too. Send it to me. | 我心动了 给我吧 |
[15:53] | You’re still young enough to recover. | 你还年轻 还能东山再起 |
[15:56] | I’ll ream you on the commission. | 我的抽成可是很高的 |
[15:58] | I’m gonna love the look on your face | 等我赚了大钱 |
[15:59] | when I make so much money off this. | 你的表情可有的瞧了 |
[16:01] | I’ll have no choice but to walk away. | 到时我只能走人了 |
[16:06] | Guys, we’re looking at an unprecedented meltdown here. | 伙计们 我们遭遇了前所未有的危机 |
[16:09] | I’ve never seen anything like it… | 我之前从未遇到过… |
[16:11] | Keller Zabel’s loss today was the worst in over a year. | 凯勒·泽贝今天遭遇了一年来最惨痛的损失 |
[16:14] | And this big drop may be just the beginning | 而股票大跳水 |
[16:16] | Of a much deeper correction. | 恐怕仅仅只是开始 |
[16:19] | It is an amazing story. Keller Zabel stock is getting hammered. | 太不可思议了 凯泽的股票遭受严重打击 |
[16:22] | How is it you’ve never been more | 这是你一生中 |
[16:24] | wrong in your life than right now?. | 犯过的最严重的错误 |
[16:25] | You’re losing all your money right now. | 你的钱都要赔光了 |
[16:27] | I see it, it’s going down. | 我知道 还在跌 |
[16:28] | Somebody is betting big money that | 肯定有人投了钱 |
[16:29] | Zabel’s stock is about to collapse. | 认定泽贝的股票会狂跌 |
[16:31] | You wanna owe? | 你想欠债吗 |
[16:32] | This stock’s about to lose its bar mitzvah, Jake. | 这支股票很快要跌破13块了 雅各 |
[16:34] | Take the haircut and sell. You’re on a 50% margin, buddy. | 赶紧割肉抛掉 你还有50%差额 老兄 |
[16:37] | I can still get you out now at a total loss, | 我还能保证你不赔光 |
[16:39] | but at least you won’t owe. | 至少你不用背债 |
[16:41] | …threatening the firm’s liquidity. | 威胁到公司的流动资金 |
[16:42] | In one incredible week, shares of KZI are down 52%. | 难以置信的一周 凯泽投资银行的股票跌了52% |
[16:47] | I know where the stock is. I have it in front of me. | 我知道股票的情况 我正看着呢 |
[16:49] | What you got to do right now is relax, take a deep breath. | 你现在只要放松 深呼吸 |
[16:52] | Tell your banks not to sell the stock. | 告诉银行不要把股票卖了 |
[16:54] | The stock is overreacting right now and… | 股市现在不太稳定 |
[16:56] | Hey, what financial stock isn’t, right? | 但金融股票不都这样吗 |
[16:57] | Listen, three months from now we’re | 听着 三个月后再回想今天 |
[16:58] | going to look back on this and laugh. | 我们都会觉得好笑 |
[17:00] | You’re angry? I’m angry. | 你生气了吗 我还火呢 |
[17:01] | Okay! we’re okay. | 很好 我们没事 |
[17:02] | Relax. | 别紧张 |
[17:05] | Jesus christ. | 老天爷 |
[17:07] | I’ve known you your whole life, Jake. | 我们认识这么久了 雅各 |
[17:09] | And I know when you’re lying to yourself. | 我知道你在欺骗自己 |
[17:10] | Robby, listen to me. Keller Zabel’s been around a long time. | 罗比 听我说 凯泽的股票风行已久 |
[17:14] | All right? It’s one of the great names in investment banking. | 不是吗 最有名气的投资银行之一 |
[17:17] | A month, a year, it doesn’t matter. | 无论要一个月还是一年 |
[17:19] | We’ll be back to 65/70, and I’ll be fine. | 我们都能恢复元气 这没什么 |
[17:20] | You just gotta hold it, okay? | 总之别卖掉 明白吗 |
[17:22] | You’re gonna owe, you know. | 你这下欠多了 |
[17:24] | Not just the buck, but the margin, too. We’re talking another… | 连本带利一起 我们这是… |
[17:26] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[17:28] | You don’t want to hear this today. | 今天还是算了 |
[17:30] | Robby. | 罗比 |
[17:32] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[17:33] | At least another half a buck. | 至少再有五十万美元 |
[17:36] | Give me the okay to sell, buddy. | 快让我抛出去 伙计 |
[17:40] | Right now. | 刻不容缓 |
[17:42] | Sell. Sell! | 抛出 快抛出 |
[17:45] | Robby, I got to call you later. | 罗比 我一会打给你 |
[17:47] | Have you seen Zabel? | 看到泽贝了吗 |
[17:58] | Annica, where’s Lou? | 安妮卡 卢人呢 |
[18:00] | Not in. Not answering. | 没来上班也不接电话 |
[18:04] | Not happy. | 他肯定郁闷坏了 |
[18:15] | Lou. | 卢 |
[18:20] | Hey, lou. How’s your day going, huh? | 卢 你今天怎样 |
[18:22] | I told you. Good day, I’m okay. Bad day, I’m okay. | 我说过 日子好坏还得照样过 我没事 |
[18:27] | Stop bugging me on my feelings. They’re irrelevant. | 别再纠结我的心情了 毫不相干 |
[18:31] | I wanted to come see you face to face | 我想跟你当面谈谈 |
[18:32] | And talk about these rumors, you know. | 关于那些传言 |
[18:34] | Because it’s getting crazy. It’s out of control now. | 因为这太疯狂 已经失控了 |
[18:36] | I’m hearing it from all ends. | 整个没完没了 |
[18:37] | Our world is all bullshit. | 整个世界都乱套了 |
[18:39] | Some TV bubblehead, he gets up there like he knows something. | 一些所谓专家 自以为上电视就了不起 |
[18:43] | He sells fear, panic. | 只会吓唬观众 |
[18:46] | and morons, they love it. | 而无知群众就爱看这种人 |
[18:48] | They want it to end because it sells. | 他们就喜欢靠这炒收视率 |
[18:51] | There’s no limits anymore. | 人做事再也没有底线 |
[18:53] | Muriel knows how to walk this thing. It’s her damn dog. | 梅丽尔知道怎么遛这货 这是她的死狗 |
[18:57] | Lou, I can help. I can get to the bottom of these derivatives | 卢 我能帮你查清这些传言的来源 |
[18:59] | you just got to tell me. | 只要你告诉我实话 |
[19:00] | There’s so much you don’t know, Jacob. | 你还有很多事不了解 雅各布 |
[19:02] | What? What about the bonus thing? Why now? | 什么 那奖金呢 为什么现在给我 |
[19:05] | Because I know you. You’re holding out for something better. | 因为我了解你 你前途无量 |
[19:10] | Well, don’t. Spend it. Use the money. | 别管了 把那笔钱花了吧 |
[19:13] | Because one day, you’re gonna wake up and you’re gonna be dead. | 因为你也不知道你哪天醒来就这么死了 |
[19:15] | Lou, you got to get yourself together, all right? | 卢 你得振作一点 好吗 |
[19:16] | We’re gonna be fine. | 我们不会有事 |
[19:18] | No matter how bad this thing gets, | 不管事情会变得多糟 |
[19:19] | We have real equity in this company. | 我们公司还有不动产 |
[19:21] | We’re gonna get through this. | 我们能挺过去 |
[19:22] | Marry Gekko’s daughter. | 跟盖柯的女儿结婚 |
[19:23] | Make some kids with her. | 生几个孩子 |
[19:26] | And you spend as much time as you can | 趁孩子还小 |
[19:27] | with those kids when they’re young | 多陪陪他们 |
[19:29] | Because everything changes. Everything. | 因为这世界不会一成不变 |
[19:31] | I cannot help you if I don’t | 你得把事情说清楚 |
[19:32] | understand what you are talking about. | 不然我没法帮你 |
[19:34] | There’s 15,000 jobs on the line right now. | 这可关乎一万五千人的饭碗 |
[19:37] | Somebody’s after us, right? Somebody’s trying to hurt us. | 是有人在故意捣鬼吧 想整垮我们 |
[19:39] | There’s a reason this is happening. I need to know how and why. | 这次肯定是事出有因 我得知道原因和手段 |
[19:42] | You know that dream you got about | 知道你梦想中的那个 |
[19:44] | that little energy company in California? | 加州的能源小公司吗 |
[19:46] | You may not get there, but you hold on to that. | 你也许实现不了 但你要抱有希望 |
[19:49] | Because everything else is just noise. | 因为其它事根本无关紧要 |
[19:51] | It’s not just noise. There’s 1 5,000 jobs on the line. | 不 那可是一万五千人的饭碗 |
[19:53] | Fifteen thousand people here. That’s not noise. | 一万五千人啊 怎可能无关紧要 |
[19:56] | Are we going under? | 我们会破产吗 |
[19:57] | I never liked this damn dog. | 我从来都不喜欢这条死狗 |
[19:58] | Louis, are we going under? | 卢易斯 我们会破产吗 |
[20:03] | You’re asking the wrong question, Jacob. | 雅各布 这么问不对 |
[20:05] | What’s the right question? | 那应该怎么问 |
[20:08] | Who isn’t? | 有谁能逃过一劫 |
[20:40] | China’s out. | 中国退出了 |
[20:42] | You said… | 你说过… |
[20:43] | I know what I said, Bill. | 比尔 我知道自己说过什么 |
[20:46] | Two months we negotiated with these pikers. | 我们和这些小气鬼协商了两个月 |
[20:49] | They pulled out at 7:00 p.m. | 他们却在晚上七点钟退出了 |
[20:50] | So what’s new? They’re Chinese. | 这有什么稀奇 中国人都这样 |
[20:53] | And while they were negotiating, we lost the Koreans. | 在这期间 韩国人也退出了 |
[20:56] | So you’re saying you don’t have an out. | 你的意思是 没希望了吗 |
[20:58] | No, I’m saying, just give me one week. | 不 我是说 再给我一星期 |
[21:02] | We’re still talking to the British. | 我们还在和英国人谈 |
[21:04] | And the Arabs are back in, | 阿拉伯人也重新加入了 |
[21:06] | And this time it’s for real. | 这次一定能成功 |
[21:08] | Lou, we’ve heard this before. | 卢 这种话我们都听厌了 |
[21:10] | Jesus. Paul, we lost billions this week. | 老天 保罗 我们这周损失了几十个亿 |
[21:14] | If the markets don’t roll over our paper Sunday night, | 如果到周日晚亚洲股市开盘前 |
[21:17] | Before Asia opens, | 仍无人接手 |
[21:18] | Keller Zabel cannot do business on Monday. | 凯泽银行周一就要倒闭了 |
[21:22] | Tuesday, 15,000 people are gonna be out of a job, worldwide! | 周二全世界范围内将有一万五千人失业 |
[21:25] | Lou, you understated the scale of your bad loans. | 卢 你们的坏账太惊人了 |
[21:29] | Your valuations are no longer believable. | 你们的股票已经失去了信用 |
[21:34] | After all these years, | 我们合作这么多年 |
[21:37] | you say this to me? | 你竟然对我说这种话 |
[21:40] | Me? | 那可是我 |
[21:42] | Three-quarters of the banking houses at this table | 这里四分之三的投资银行 |
[21:46] | are holding the same paper, and | 都和我们坐在一条船上 |
[21:48] | you’re gonna let Keller Zabel fail? | 你们却要眼睁睁看着凯泽倒闭吗 |
[21:53] | You’re all committing suicide. | 你们这是自寻死路 |
[21:59] | What do you say, Harry? Will you come in on this? | 哈里 你的意思呢 你会帮忙吗 |
[22:02] | Look, if you want us to bail out Keller Zabel, | 听着 如果你想要我们挽救凯泽 |
[22:04] | all of us will have to participate. | 那么大家都要加入 |
[22:06] | Like long-term capital, ’98. | 就像98年的长期资本那样 |
[22:08] | And we will need substantial guarantees from the US Treasury. | 而且我们需要美国财政部的保证 |
[22:15] | Bill, I think we should talk privately. | 比尔 我想和你单独谈谈 |
[22:17] | I think that’s a good idea, Bill. | 我觉得这是个好主意 比尔 |
[22:19] | Gentlemen, give us a minute. | 先生们 让我们单独谈谈 |
[22:21] | What about moral hazard, Jack? | 杰克 考虑过道德风险吗 |
[22:24] | We bail out Keller Zabel, who’s to say | 如果我们救助凯泽 谁能保证 |
[22:27] | it’s not gonna happen again and again? | 这种困境不会一再发生 |
[22:31] | You vindictive bastard. | 你这个记仇的混蛋 |
[22:35] | Who are you to talk about moral hazard? | 你竟然跟我提什么道德风险 |
[22:38] | I’m sorry, Lou. | 卢 抱歉 |
[22:40] | The Street needs to make a statement here to the world. | 华尔街要对世界有所交代 |
[22:42] | It was eight years ago! | 那都是8年前的事了 |
[22:44] | You just can’t let it go, can you, Bretton? | 布雷顿 你就是要揪住不放是不是 |
[22:46] | All right, Lou, knock it off. | 好了 卢 别吵了 |
[22:53] | I’d like to speak with you, Bill. Jack. | 比尔 杰克 还有卢 我想 |
[22:57] | And Lou. | 和你们谈谈 |
[23:00] | Separately. | 分别谈 |
[23:03] | Thirty of our people | 三十位会计师 |
[23:04] | have been through the Keller Zabel books for the last three days. | 花了三天查看了凯泽的财务报表 |
[23:06] | And they still say it’s impossible to get to the bottom of this. | 他们认为要偿还债务是个不可能的任务 |
[23:10] | This could be a 10-billion dollar hole for us. | 这可能对我们造成一百亿的损失 |
[23:13] | Or it could be a 200-billion dollar hole | 甚至是两千亿 |
[23:15] | and there’s no way we can risk that money | 没有财政部或者美联储的支持 |
[23:17] | without a backstop from treasury or the Fed. | 我们不可能冒这么大的风险 |
[23:20] | You started this, didn’t you, Bretton? | 布雷顿 是你散布的谣言吧 |
[23:22] | I said knock it off, Lou. Or this meeting is over, you hear me? | 卢 我说过 别争了 不然没的谈了 听到吗 |
[23:26] | You’re asking us to take a large risk here, Bretton. | 布雷顿 这风险实在太大 |
[23:28] | What are you offering? | 你们出什么价 |
[23:30] | Under these conditions, and assuming | 基于目前的状况 |
[23:35] | you refine your guarantee, | 假设你们会加强保证 |
[23:37] | Jack, Julie and I, and our partners who have been consulted, | 杰克 裘利和我同合伙人协商后 |
[23:42] | are prepared to risk $2 a share. | 决定每股出价2美金 |
[23:47] | Two bucks? | 2美金 |
[23:49] | Jesus. You’re out of your mind. | 老天 你一定是疯了 |
[23:53] | The stock was trading at 79 a month ago! | 上个月每股价钱可是高达79元 |
[23:57] | Our building alone is worth more than two bucks a share. | 光是我们公司大楼就不止这个价 |
[24:01] | Julie. | 裘利 |
[24:02] | If only we had more time, Lou. | 卢 可是时间紧迫啊 |
[24:05] | My board will never accept this. | 我的董事会绝不会接受 |
[24:07] | There is no way I’m gonna sell for two bucks a share. | 想让我2美元一股卖出 没门 |
[24:10] | The government, if we guarantee this deal, | 就算我们答应你这个价 |
[24:12] | could never justify a high price for your company. | 政府也绝不会认可你们公司的高股价 |
[24:15] | And if you don’t sell, Lou, you’re in bankruptcy. | 但你要是不卖 卢 你们就会破产 |
[24:17] | This is a public spectacle now. | 这下大家都等着看好戏了 |
[24:20] | No, it’s a public execution, and you’ll be leading it, Bill. | 不 比尔 是公开处决 都是你一手策划 |
[24:24] | I built this company. | 我一手建立了这公司 |
[24:25] | And your exit will help restore faith in it. | 你退出会让公司找回信心 |
[24:27] | Who the hell are you to tell me to get out? | 你有什么资格让我退出 |
[24:30] | You’re out, Lou! One way or the other, you’re out. | 卢 你已经被淘汰了 无论如何 你出局了 |
[24:32] | Then the hell with you! | 你们都给我见鬼去吧 |
[24:35] | I’ll take my chances in bankruptcy court | 我宁愿在破产法庭上奋力一搏 |
[24:37] | before I sell to that barracuda. | 也绝不会卖给这个卑鄙小人 |
[24:52] | Then we have nothing more to talk about. | 那我们没什么好谈了 |
[25:03] | Six. | 6美金 |
[25:07] | Three, and that’s it. If I can sell it to the board. | 3美金 不能再加 董事会接受了才算 |
[25:10] | Five. | 5美金 |
[25:11] | – Three. – All right. | -3美金 -好吧 |
[25:12] | We’ll call it an even four, so it don’t look so goddamn pathetic. | 各退一步 4美金 留点最后的体面 |
[25:27] | Three. | 3美金 |
[25:29] | And not a dime more. | 我一分都不会多给 |
[27:12] | We have breaking news right now. | 爆炸新闻 |
[27:14] | Earlier this morning in a New York City subway, | 今晨早些时候 华尔街最大投资公司首脑 |
[27:17] | Keller Zabel managing partner | 凯勒·泽贝的经营合伙人 |
[27:19] | and head of one of the biggest | 现年75岁的卢易斯·泽贝 |
[27:20] | investment firms on Wall Street, | 在纽约地铁站跳下月台 |
[27:22] | Louis Zabel, 75, | 撞上迎面驶来的地铁 |
[27:24] | apparently jumped in front of an oncoming train | 在数百人面前 |
[27:26] | in front of hundreds of bystanders. | 卧轨自杀 |
[27:29] | The stock is currently halted, pending news… | 股票交易暂停 有消息指出… |
[27:31] | Churchill Schwartz is making out like a bandit right now | 丘吉尔·施瓦茨有政府资金支持 |
[27:34] | with government funding. | 高枕无忧 |
[27:35] | But Keller Zabel as an independent | 而凯泽作为一家独立的投资银行 |
[27:37] | investment bank is essentially finished. | 已然走向末路 |
[27:39] | Tom, this news about Louis Zabel today | 汤姆 今早卢易斯·泽贝的自杀事件 |
[27:41] | comes as a shock to everyone. But how are you holding up there? | 对大家来说都很震惊 你感觉如何 |
[27:44] | The guy was an icon on Wall Street. | 他是华尔街的传奇人物 |
[27:46] | I always thought of him as sort of a mentor to me. | 我一直都把他当做自己的导师 |
[27:49] | So to see this happen under the circumstances that it did happen, | 事情发展至此 我们也无能为力 |
[27:52] | It’s devastating. | 这是一出惨剧 |
[27:53] | What’s it mean to the employees at Keller Zabel? | 这对凯泽的员工意味着什么 |
[27:56] | I think they’ve lost their leader. They’re going to be… | 我想他们失去了领袖 他们会… |
[27:59] | Frankly, financially, a lot of them are gonna be badly hurt. | 老实讲 许多人经济上会受重创 |
[28:02] | This is gonna hurt on so many fronts. | 后果不堪设想 |
[28:04] | I know it’s still difficult to think about it | 我知道卢易斯的离去太突然 |
[28:05] | with this news just coming out about Louis, | 大家一时还很难接受 |
[28:07] | but you have to wonder what this means | 但你不禁要对华尔街的未来 |
[28:09] | for the future of Wall Street. | 产生疑问 这究竟意味着什么 |
[28:10] | Another firm gone, it leaves very few players left on the Street. | 又一家银行倒闭了 华尔街的大佬所剩无几 |
[28:14] | One thing I know for sure is | 有一件事我可以确定 |
[28:15] | more competition is better than less competition. | 竞争越多越有利 |
[28:26] | I just heard. I’m so sorry. | 我刚听说了 我很遗憾 |
[28:36] | Will you marry me, Winnie? | 薇妮 嫁给我好吗 |
[28:46] | Will you marry me? | 嫁给我好吗 |
[28:52] | What’s wrong? | 你是怎么了 |
[28:58] | It’s just something Lou said about not waiting, you know? | 我只是想起卢说过 不要等待 |
[29:01] | And I love you. | 我爱你 |
[29:09] | Yes. | 好的 |
[29:16] | Yes? | 真的吗 |
[29:24] | You know, I should tell you due diligence. There’s some… | 有些事要和你说清楚 |
[29:28] | I’m out of a job and probably on | 我失业了 |
[29:29] | the other side of broke, you know. | 很可能也会破产 |
[29:33] | Awesome. | 好极了 |
[29:36] | I’m looking for a home | 我想有个家 |
[29:39] | where the wheels are turning | 那里充满生气 |
[29:45] | home why I keep returning | 让人无比眷恋 |
[29:49] | Home will infect whatever you do | 在你心中发芽 |
[29:55] | In one of the harshest sentences ever given | 1993年 在当时被判处白领犯罪 |
[29:57] | to a white collar criminal at that time, in 1993, | 最高刑罚 他在奥蒂斯联邦监狱 |
[30:01] | he was sent off to Otis Federal Prison for almost eight years. | 度过了8年的囚犯生涯 |
[30:06] | And so, here in person, I welcome the man himself, Mr. Insider, | 现在 由我本人请出圈内人上台 |
[30:11] | Gordon Gekko. | 戈登·盖柯 |
[30:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:36] | You’re all pretty much fucked. | 你们这群人简直糟透了 |
[30:41] | You don’t know it yet, | 只不过自己不知道罢了 |
[30:44] | But you’re the NINJA generation. | 但你们是三无一代 |
[30:47] | No income. | 无收入 |
[30:50] | No job. | 无工作 |
[30:52] | No assets. | 无资产 |
[30:54] | You got a lot to look forward to. | 你们的路还很长 |
[30:58] | Blood, buddy. He’s gonna be your blood. | 套套近乎吧 老兄 他马上要成你岳父了 |
[31:04] | Someone reminded me the other evening | 有人让我想起某个晚上 |
[31:07] | that I once said, “Greed is Good. “ | 我曾说过 “贪婪是好事” |
[31:12] | Now it seems it’s legal. | 现在看来 这是合法的了 |
[31:17] | But, folks, | 但是 大家注意 |
[31:19] | It’s greed that makes my bartender | 正是由于贪婪 我的酒保 |
[31:22] | buy three houses he can’t afford | 才会去买下三处 |
[31:24] | with no money down. | 他根本买不起的房产 |
[31:26] | And it’s greed that makes your parents | 正是由于贪婪 你们的父母 |
[31:29] | refinance their $200,000 house for 250. | 才会将2万房贷加到2万5 |
[31:33] | And then they take that extra 50 and they go down to the mall. | 再用这额外的5千块去购物 |
[31:37] | And they buy a plasma tv, cell phones, | 去买等离子电视和手机 |
[31:40] | computers, an SUV. And hey, | 电脑和多功能厢式车 或者 |
[31:44] | why not a second home while we’re at it? | 为什么不干脆再买套房子呢 |
[31:46] | Because, gee whiz,we all know that prices of houses | 因为我们都知道 在美国 |
[31:49] | in America always go up, right? | 房价只涨不跌 不是吗 |
[31:52] | It’s greed that makes the government in this country | 正是由于贪婪 9/11事件后 |
[31:54] | cut the interest rates to one-percent, after 9/11. | 政府将银行利率降到了1% |
[31:59] | So we could all go shopping again. | 于是大大刺激了消费 |
[32:01] | They got all these fancy names for | 这些身负亿万信贷的玩意 |
[32:03] | trillions of dollars of credit. | 出现了各种美妙的称呼 |
[32:05] | CMO CDO SIV ABS CMOs, CDOs, SIVs, ABSs. | |
[32:09] | I honestly think there’s may be only 75 people in the world | 但老实说 这世界上又有多少人 |
[32:13] | who know what they are. | 知道他们是什么东西 |
[32:17] | But I’ll tell you what they are. | 那就让我来告诉你们 |
[32:18] | They’re wmds. Weapons of mass destruction. | 他们就是大规模杀伤性武器 |
[32:20] | That’s what they are. | 这就是他们的本质 |
[32:23] | When I was away, it seemed like greed got greedier | 在我入狱的这段期间 人们的贪婪与日俱增 |
[32:26] | with a little bit of envy mixed in. | 贪婪中混杂着嫉妒 |
[32:30] | Hedge funders were walking home with 50, | 对冲基金管理人 |
[32:33] | 100 million bucks a year. | 每年能赚个五千万到一亿美金 |
[32:35] | So Mr. Banker, he’s looks around, | 做银行家的闲来无事 |
[32:37] | And he says, “my life looks pretty boring.” | 叫嚣着”我的生活好无趣” |
[32:40] | So he starts leveraging his interests up to 40,50 to one | 于是他开始用你们的钱 |
[32:45] | with your money. | 抬高四五十倍利息 |
[32:47] | Not his, yours. | 不是他的钱 是你们的钱 |
[32:50] | Because he could. | 因为他有这权力 |
[32:52] | You’re supposed to be borrowing, not them. | 你们得去借钱 而他们不用 |
[32:55] | And the beauty of the deal, | 这笔生意的美妙之处在于 |
[32:57] | No one is responsible. | 没人需要为此负责 |
[33:01] | Because everybody’s drinking the same kool-aid. | 因为大家都相信同一套谎言 |
[33:04] | Last year, ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 去年 |
[33:06] | forty percent of all American corporate profits | 金融服务业的利润 |
[33:10] | came from financial services. | 占了全美公司的40% |
[33:12] | Not production, | 不是制造业 |
[33:13] | not anything remotely to do with | 和美国大众的需求 |
[33:15] | the needs of the American public. | 没有任何关系 |
[33:17] | The truth is, we’re all part of it now. | 事实上 我们都已深陷其中 |
[33:20] | Banks, consumers, we’re moving money around in circles. | 银行 消费者 我们都在盲目花钱 |
[33:25] | We take a buck, | 我们拿一块钱 |
[33:26] | We shoot it full of steroids, and we call it “leverage. “ | 往其中注射类固醇 人们称其为”贷杠” |
[33:32] | I call it “steroid banking. “ | 我称其为”类固醇投资” |
[33:36] | I’ve been considered a pretty smart guy when it comes to finance. | 人们认为我是金融界的奇才 |
[33:39] | That was fantastic, man. | 讲得太好了 哥们 |
[33:40] | And maybe I was in prison too long. | 也许我呆在监狱里太久了 |
[33:42] | But sometimes it’s the only place to stay sane | 但也许那是唯一能让人保持清醒的地方 |
[33:45] | and look out through those bars and say, | 透过那些铁窗冷眼看世界 然后说 |
[33:47] | “hey! Is everybody out there nuts?” | “外面的人都疯了吗” |
[33:57] | It’s clear as a bell to those that pay attention. | 对于聪明人来说再清楚不过 |
[34:03] | The mother of all evil is speculation. | 投机买卖是万恶之源 |
[34:08] | Leveraged debt. | 借债投资 |
[34:11] | Bottom line. | 最终结果 |
[34:13] | It’s borrowing to the hilt. | 就是以小博大而欠债 |
[34:17] | And I hate to tell you this, | 我也不想告诉你们这些 |
[34:19] | but it’s a bankrupt business model.It won’t work. | 但这就是公司破产的模式 不可避免 |
[34:23] | It’s systemic, malignant, and it’s global. | 这是全面而全球性的恶性循环 |
[34:29] | Like cancer. | 好比癌症 |
[34:31] | It’s a disease, and we got to fight back. | 这是一种疾病 我们必须反击 |
[34:36] | How are we gonna do that? | 我们该怎么抵抗 |
[34:39] | How are we gonna leverage that disease back in our favor? | 怎么才能将局势扭转为对自己有利 |
[34:45] | Well, I’ll tell you. | 我来告诉你 |
[34:47] | Three words. | 三字箴言 |
[34:51] | Buy my book. | 买 书 看 |
[34:58] | Prices and profits work. | 一分钱一分货 |
[35:03] | This is the kind of energy we need out there. | 这才是我们需要的动力 |
[35:05] | You just keep it up. | 你得跟上时代 |
[35:06] | Mr. Gekko! | 盖柯先生 |
[35:08] | Excuse me for a moment, sir. | 请您等一下 先生 |
[35:10] | Q and A’s over, all right? | 抱歉 问答时间结束 |
[35:12] | Buy the book. There’s no more free advice. | 去买书吧 免费咨询结束了 |
[35:15] | My name is Jacob Moore. I’m gonna marry your daughter. | 我叫雅各布·莫尔 是你女儿的未婚夫 |
[35:22] | Does she know that? | 她知道你来找我吗 |
[35:24] | She pretended to. | 不知道 |
[35:28] | All right, I’ll give you 10 minutes. | 好吧 我们聊十分钟 |
[35:30] | I’m a prop trader at Keller Zabel. | 我是凯泽的证劵交易员 |
[35:33] | I specialize in energy with a focus on… | 我专门从事能源研究… |
[35:34] | Sorry about Lou. | 卢的事 我很遗憾 |
[35:36] | One of the toughest guys that ever wore shoes. | 在我认识的人中 他是条硬汉子 |
[35:39] | But when those rumors start… | 但后来传出了谣言… |
[35:40] | Yeah. I wish I knew who started this. | 我想知道是谁散布的谣言 |
[35:42] | I loved him very much. | 我很爱他 |
[35:44] | Like a father. | 他就像我父亲 |
[35:45] | He got me a scholarship here at Fordham | 他帮我拿到福坦莫大学的奖学金 |
[35:46] | and hired me right out of business school. | 从商学院一毕业就录用了我 |
[35:48] | Well, no one else in this market’s | 这圈子里没人 |
[35:50] | had the balls to commit suicide. | 有勇气去自杀 |
[35:53] | It’s an honorable thing to do. | 他这么做很令人敬佩 |
[35:57] | Mr. Gekko, I’m in love with your daughter. | 盖柯先生 我很爱你的女儿 |
[35:59] | And I’d be honored… | 能娶到她 我三生有幸 |
[36:02] | Why is that funny? | 你笑什么 |
[36:04] | My daughter hasn’t spoken to me in years, and you know it. | 你也知道我们已经好多年没联系了 |
[36:07] | She blames me for her brother’s overdose | 她觉得是我害她哥哥服毒过量而死 |
[36:10] | and just about every other disaster that’s hit this world | 自从任天堂以来 世界上所有的坏事 |
[36:13] | since Nintendo. | 她都怪在我头上 |
[36:16] | You don’t think it’s strange that | 她和在华尔街工作的人在一起 |
[36:17] | she’s dating somebody from Wall Street? | 你不觉得奇怪吗 |
[36:19] | Why? | 有什么奇怪 |
[36:20] | Because she hates it. | 因为她恨那群人 |
[36:22] | You don’t think it’s funny that she’d fall in love with you? | 她和你坠入爱河难道不可笑吗 |
[36:29] | I bet you don’t have one of these. | 我猜你平时不坐地铁吧 |
[36:31] | – No. – Can I see that? | -的确 -能给我看看吗 |
[36:33] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[36:35] | It’s when she was eight. | 是她八岁时拍的 |
[36:38] | Can I have a copy of it? She doesn’t | 能给我洗一张吗 |
[36:40] | keep pictures from her childhood. | 她没有小时候的照片 |
[36:41] | I don’t even know you, | 我们还不怎么熟 |
[36:42] | you already want something from me? | 你就开口提条件了吗 |
[36:45] | So what do I get in return? | 你要怎么报答我 |
[36:47] | Don’t you want to make a trade? | 你要做个交易吗 |
[36:50] | Yeah, okay. All right. | 好的 没问题 |
[36:51] | I’ll give you this and you give me another picture of Winnie. | 我把这张给你 你也送我张薇妮的照片 |
[36:55] | Recent, without you in it. | 要近照 她的独照 |
[36:57] | I don’t have one on me. | 我身上没有 |
[36:59] | I guess this is on margin? | 那这算是保证金吧 |
[37:05] | It’s always been energy. | 我一直关注能源话题 |
[37:07] | I’ve been specializing more and more in clean tech. | 我一直致力于环保技术研究 |
[37:09] | It’s sort of a passion now. | 现在算是我的爱好吧 |
[37:10] | That’s smart. That’s the next bubble. | 有眼光 能源是下一个泡沫经济 |
[37:13] | What are you, some kind of energy freedom-fighter? | 你算是个环保自由战士吗 |
[37:17] | No, Mr. Gekko. I’m in this game | 盖柯先生 我不过和其他人一样 |
[37:18] | to make money like anybody else. | 想从中赚点钱罢了 |
[37:19] | So what about money, Jake? | 雅各 你对钱怎么看 |
[37:21] | You like her? | 你爱她吗 |
[37:24] | Do I like… | 我爱谁 |
[37:25] | I’ve never thought about money as a “she”. | 我从没想过对钱用这种爱称 |
[37:29] | She lies there in bed at night with you, | 她晚上和你上床睡觉 |
[37:32] | looking at you, one eye open. | 睁大眼睛 凝视着你 |
[37:37] | Money’s a bitch that never sleeps. | 金钱就像婊子 永远不眠不休 |
[37:41] | And she’s jealous. | 而且嫉妒心重 |
[37:43] | And if you don’t pay close attention, | 只要你一不小心 |
[37:45] | You wake up in the morning, and she might be gone forever. | 早上一醒来 她便一去不复返 |
[37:52] | Respectfully, | 恕我直言 |
[37:54] | Mr. Gekko, I don’t want to end up | 盖柯先生 正因为你对金钱的看法 |
[37:55] | where you are because of money. | 我不想落到和你一样下场 |
[37:56] | Oh, yeah. So marry it instead, right? | 是啊 所以你就娶个有钱的老婆 |
[38:02] | What do you mean? | 你这是什么意思 |
[38:05] | Winnie doesn’t have any money. | 薇妮没有钱 |
[38:09] | Right. | 是啊 |
[38:11] | Here I thought you were a gold-digger. | 我还以为你是个出卖色相骗钱的家伙呢 |
[38:15] | Does Winnie know you came to see me? | 薇妮知道你来见我吗 |
[38:17] | No. | 不知道 |
[38:19] | Well, not exactly. I was gonna tell her. | 还不知道 我本打算告诉她 |
[38:23] | I don’t think that’s a good idea, pal. | 孩子 我劝你最好别说 |
[38:26] | See, I got a feeling you may want to be seeing me again | 我感觉你以后还想和我联系 |
[38:28] | and if she knew we had this little pow-wow, | 但如果被她知道我们谈过了 |
[38:31] | she’s not gonna let it happen. | 她不会让你再见我 |
[38:36] | You know what? You’re a smart kid. | 知道吗 你是个聪明人 |
[38:38] | You should just walk away. You never met me. | 你走吧 就当我们没见过 |
[38:40] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[38:42] | I think… | 我以为 |
[38:43] | The man that you loved like a father | 那个你像父亲一样爱着的人 |
[38:45] | who threw himself under a subway? | 他却在地铁里自杀 |
[38:47] | I think you’re angrier than you think you are. | 你比自己想象的要气愤得多 |
[38:49] | And I think you wanna be in the family business. | 我觉得你想加入家族生意 |
[38:52] | Which is what? | 那是什么 |
[38:54] | Payback. | 报仇 |
[38:56] | Except I’m not in that business anymore. | 但我已经对这行当没兴趣了 |
[38:58] | Because the one thing I learned in jail | 因为我在监狱里学到了重要一课 |
[39:00] | is that money is not the prime asset in life. | 金钱不是人生最重要的东西 |
[39:03] | Time is. | 时间才是 |
[39:04] | And your time is just about up. | 而你的时间已经不多了 |
[39:08] | Winnie needs to get past the pain you caused her. | 你要治愈过去带给薇妮的创伤 |
[39:11] | I caused her? | 我带给她的创伤 |
[39:12] | Look, she wants you back in her life. | 听着 她想和你重建关系 |
[39:14] | She just can’t handle it right now. | 现在她只是不知该怎么做 |
[39:16] | Okay? Maybe I can help. | 懂吗 也许我能帮忙 |
[39:18] | Maybe you can, maybe you can. | 雅各 你也许可以 又也许不行 |
[39:21] | That’s what makes the market, Jake. | 如同市场般难以捉摸 |
[39:23] | This is my station. | 我到站了 |
[39:25] | That is my email address. | 这是我的电子邮箱 |
[39:36] | By the way, the rumors on Zabel? | 顺便说一句 关于泽贝的谣言 |
[39:39] | Yeah? | 什么 |
[39:41] | It had to be someone with enough clout to be believed, | 一定是个很有影响力的人 |
[39:43] | somebody who made a fortune shorting the stock. | 是通过放空股票而获利的高手 |
[39:46] | An axe to grind. | 他肯定别有用心 |
[39:49] | Word has it that Bretton James gutted Zabel at the fed. | 听说布雷顿·詹姆斯在美联储断毁了凯泽 |
[39:53] | Just stuck that knife right into his stomach. | 简直是致命一击 |
[40:03] | Check out 2000. | 查查2000年就知道 |
[40:05] | The internet bubble. | 网络的泡沫经济 |
[40:06] | Churchill Schwartz, they got hosed. | 丘吉尔·施瓦茨当时一败涂地 |
[40:11] | You know there’s fortunes to be made. | 商机到处都是 |
[40:14] | Hundreds of millions of dollars betting against this bubble. | 投入数亿资金在这项泡沫经济上 |
[40:17] | Just wish I had a million. | 真希望我也有那么一百万 |
[40:26] | It checks out, baby. | 结果出来了 亲爱的 |
[40:27] | Thirteen banks were approached in | 2000年 十三家银行被接洽 |
[40:30] | 2000 to rescue Churchill Schwartz. | 要求挽救丘吉尔·施瓦茨 |
[40:32] | Bretton James’division was over-invested | 布雷顿·詹姆斯的公司在网络泡沫上 |
[40:34] | in the internet bubble collapse. | 因为投资过度而崩溃 |
[40:36] | Each bank was going to put up 100 million, but Zabel said no. | 每家银行出资一亿 但唯独泽贝拒绝 |
[40:39] | Churchill Schwartz almost went down | 丘吉尔·施瓦茨差点破产 |
[40:40] | but was backstopped by a conglomerate of nine banks. | 但被九家银行力挽狂澜 |
[40:42] | Okay, so not only did they survive this, | 这么说他们不仅逃过了一劫 |
[40:44] | But they came back and ate our fricking lunch. | 现在还反过来报复我们 |
[40:48] | Moral hazard. | 道德风险 |
[40:49] | – Unbelievable. – The man’s a hypocrite. | -难以置信 -那人真是个伪君子 |
[40:53] | Jacob Moore. | 我是雅各布·莫尔 |
[40:54] | – Hey, Jake. – Hey, doc. | -雅各 -你好 博士 |
[40:56] | I don’t know, Jake. We’re on hold here. Now they’re telling me… | 我也不知道 雅各 所有实验都停摆了 他们说… |
[40:59] | Hold on just a second. Hold on just a second. | 稍等一下 稍等一下 |
[41:02] | – I’ll see you. We’ll have drinks. – Okay. | -再见 回头再一起喝酒 -好 |
[41:03] | It’s not over. All right, Olaf? Thank you. | 奥拉夫 有机会再见 谢谢 |
[41:05] | Go ahead, doc. | 您接着说 博士 |
[41:06] | They’re telling me we have to cut staff. | 他们说我们会被裁员 |
[41:09] | We went back to third Boston, and they turned us down. | 我们想回波士顿第三银行 却遭到了拒绝 |
[41:13] | And since your firm… | 既然你的公司… |
[41:15] | Listen, I totally understand, okay? | 听着 我完全明白 好吗 |
[41:17] | But I think I can keep this thing going with minimal cutbacks. | 但我会尽力把损失降到最低 |
[41:20] | Look, Jake. | 听着 雅各 |
[41:21] | I think we have to have a face-to-face | 我觉得我们该和 |
[41:23] | talk with my people, because… | 手下的人当面谈谈 因为… |
[41:24] | I totally agree, doc. | 我完全同意 博士 |
[41:25] | It’s just that I’m walking into a | 只是我现在有个 |
[41:26] | critical meeting right now. Okay? | 重要的会要开 好吗 |
[41:28] | But I’ll definitely have it on your desk tomorrow a.m., okay? | 但我明天上午之前一定过来 好吗 |
[41:31] | Okay. Okay. | 好的 |
[41:33] | Robby, what do you got? | 罗比 情况如何 |
[41:34] | We got movement definitely on Tuesday of that week. | 那个星期的周二绝对有大动静 |
[41:36] | There was some large shorts from money out of the Cayman Islands. | 有一大笔资金从开曼群岛流出 |
[41:38] | Something called locust fund. | 汇给一个什么蝗虫基金 |
[41:40] | Locust fund. | 蝗虫基金 |
[41:41] | What else? | 还有呢 |
[41:42] | Wednesday, they traded another 500,000 shares. | 周三他们交易了五十万股 |
[41:44] | Monday, two million. | 周一是两百万 |
[41:45] | Tuesday, one million more. Total of 3.5 million shares. | 周二又是一百万 一共三百五十万股 |
[41:48] | These guys made some serious money. | 这些家伙赚了不少钱 |
[41:51] | Who is that, though? Who is the locust fund? | 到底是谁 蝗虫基金是谁在运作 |
[41:52] | I don’t know. And I don’t want to find out. It could be my ass. | 不知道 也不想查 可能会有麻烦 |
[41:55] | It’ll be your ass for | 那我告诉你女友你到酒吧鬼混 |
[41:56] | telling your girlfriend about the pumps and heels. | 到时看你有没有麻烦 |
[41:58] | Which girlfriend? | 哪个女朋友 |
[41:59] | Just find out, all right? I got a hunch. | 快去查 明白吗 我大概知道是谁了 |
[42:01] | I hope it’s better than your last one. | 但愿你这次猜得准些 |
[42:03] | Do I hear revenge here? | 你是想要报仇吗 |
[42:05] | It’s a dish you stick to cold, pal. | 那你可得头脑清醒点 伙计 |
[42:07] | I’m about to serve it up hot, Robby. | 报仇这道菜就要趁热上 哥们 |
[42:12] | 长蛇境外公司被卖空 油田被国有化 | |
[42:17] | I told you. Guinea’s pulling the plug. | 我早说了 几内亚会出面叫停 |
[42:19] | This dictator, Ojukwa, he says western bankers are greedy. | 那个独裁者奥吉奎扬言西方银行家都很贪心 |
[42:22] | – What else is new? – Listen. Okay? | -这有什么奇怪 -听我说 |
[42:24] | You will not lose on this. Not on this. | 这次你绝不会有损失 |
[42:27] | Look, if there’s one thing I know, it’s energy, | 听着 我的专长就是能源 |
[42:29] | And that Churchill is gonna get hit on this. | 而丘吉尔肯定会遭到重创 |
[42:35] | Is this true? | 这是真的吗 |
[42:37] | Oh, yeah. I’m telling you, it’s gonna happen. | 当然 相信我 千真万确 |
[42:39] | He’s definitely gonna nationalize the oil. I promise you. | 他肯定会将油田国有化 我向你保证 |
[42:44] | Are you behind it? | 你是幕后黑手吗 |
[42:45] | No. Churchill schwartz is. They got a huge stake. | 不 是丘吉尔·施瓦茨 他们这次投入很大 |
[42:47] | Can’t get behind that size, | 这么大笔数目我担不了 |
[42:48] | but you and your boys can. | 你们却可以 |
[42:50] | You should. | 你应该出手 |
[42:52] | All I’m asking | 我唯一的要求是 |
[42:53] | is you rent me this beautiful thing | 你把这玩意借我飙下 |
[42:54] | for the weekend, and we’re good. | 就借这个周末 没其它什么 |
[42:56] | Deal? | 怎么样 |
[42:59] | Deal. Super deal. | 成交 没的说 |
[43:10] | Can he just take over the oil like that? | 他会就这么拿下油田吗 |
[43:11] | The guy’s out of his mind. He’s talking to witch doctors. | 那家伙是个疯子 他还请示巫医呢 |
[43:13] | He’s gonna murder the stock. | 他会害得股票大跌 |
[43:14] | I know. That’s why you gotta get in. | 我知道 所以我才需要你 |
[43:18] | Jake, that company, offshore African oil… | 雅各 那家非洲的境外石油公司 |
[43:21] | Yeah. Hydra Offshore. | 是的 长蛇境外公司 |
[43:24] | And you’re saying Churchill Schwartz is a part of it? | 你说丘吉尔·施瓦茨参与其中 |
[43:27] | Mmm-hmm. | 没错 |
[43:28] | Over here is gonna be the most expensive item by tomorrow. | 这玩意是明天最贵的拍卖品 |
[43:32] | It’s Alice, in wonderland. | 名叫爱丽丝梦游仙境 |
[43:37] | Churchill Schwartz has a huge position in this thing. | 丘吉尔·施瓦茨是大股东 |
[43:39] | I want to get short that stock. | 我要卖空那支股票 |
[43:40] | Churchill Schwartz is behind that? | 丘吉尔·施瓦茨是幕后黑手吗 |
[43:42] | It’s just a rumor. It might take a hit. | 传言而已 不过股票也许会跌 |
[43:48] | Hear about that African deal? | 听说那笔非洲的生意了吗 |
[43:49] | Yeah, I heard they’re gonna nationalize. | 听说他们要将其国有化 |
[43:53] | Churchill Schwartz! Off the floor! | 丘吉尔·施瓦茨的人 过来开会 |
[43:57] | They’re creating rumors around the Hydra position. | 有关长蛇境外公司的谣言四起 |
[43:59] | None of it’s true. They’re just trying to kill the stock. | 全是谎言 他们只是想扼杀那支股票 |
[44:01] | Doesn’t make any difference what’s going on. | 这对股票没有什么影响 |
[44:03] | Then start another goddamn rumor is what you do. | 再散播一个新的传言 |
[44:05] | Short quickly and quietly | 趁大家都不注意 |
[44:06] | without everyone figuring out… | 低调地尽快卖空 |
[44:08] | I’m convinced what they’re after is Churchill, | 我确信他们的目标是丘吉尔 |
[44:10] | which has a big position in this stock. | 他们在那支股票中份额最重 |
[44:12] | Because Churchill got the sweetheart deal on Keller Zabel. | 因为丘吉尔廉价买下了凯泽 |
[44:14] | Churchill Schwartz has a five-percent position in it. | 丘吉尔·施瓦茨占有5%的股份 |
[44:16] | Who knows? Who’s got the inside line on some tin-pot dictator in Africa? | 天知道 谁会跟个非洲独裁者联手炒作 |
[44:32] | House of pain. | 痛苦至极 |
[44:33] | The house of pain! | 简直痛苦至极 |
[44:34] | Hydra Offshore got taken to the woodshed today. | 长蛇公司今天损失惨重 |
[44:38] | This one’s getting beaten like a redhead stepchild. | 简直就跟个招人打的小孩一样惨 |
[44:41] | Down a quick 19% on rumors of oil nationalization… | 因为传闻油田会国有化 所以股价狂跌19% |
[44:44] | No, no! | 不 不 |
[44:46] | …in equatorial Guinea. There’s a country for you. | 就在赤道几内亚 就是这个国家 |
[44:49] | Get them. | 没错 |
[44:50] | The shockwave from this one | 由此引发的冲击 |
[44:51] | extended all the way to investment bank Churchill Schwarts. | 一直影响到了丘施投资银行的股价 |
[44:55] | Churchill Schwartz down eight percent in pre-market trading. | 昨天收盘时已下降了8% |
[44:59] | Home builder confidence falls to a record low in July. | 7月房产商的信心已跌至最低谷 |
[45:03] | The monthly indicator from the national association of homebuilders | 全国房地产商协会的月度指数 |
[45:06] | dropped for a third consecutive month… | 已连续下滑了三个月… |
[45:08] | You got your high ceilings. | 这儿有高高的天花板 |
[45:11] | Bonus playroom upstairs, not that I’m rushing you. | 楼上还有个娱乐室 我不是在催你们 |
[45:16] | Oh. Here. | 看这儿 |
[45:17] | This is going to be the sun room. Perfect for reading. | 这可以做日光室 在这看书最好不过了 |
[45:21] | It’ll get great light. | 光线充足 |
[45:23] | And there’s plenty of room for a pool | 还有足够空间造个游泳池 |
[45:26] | or a tennis court. See? | 或者网球场 你看 |
[45:29] | What’s going on with rainwater road, ma? | 雨水路那栋房子呢 妈妈 |
[45:32] | I’m showing it tomorrow. | 我明天带人参观 |
[45:36] | Sylvia, I think it’s lovely. | 西尔维娅 这间房子很漂亮 |
[45:37] | Long island always goes up. | 长岛的房价只涨不跌 |
[45:39] | Great schools, great shopping, lots of doctors. | 教育优良 购物方便 医疗齐全 |
[45:42] | Everybody loves it here. | 人人都喜欢这儿 |
[45:45] | You ought to buy it. | 你们应该买下 |
[45:48] | There are quite a few choices on this block. | 这里附近还有不少好房子 |
[45:52] | That’s what I love about you, dear. You call it like you see it. | 我就喜欢你的心直口快 亲爱的 |
[45:56] | I’d rather have this down payment any day. | 我的话就宁愿要这处房子 |
[46:01] | Ma, you got three properties. | 妈 你手头有三处房产 |
[46:02] | Two of the loans are resetting in a few months. | 其中两处房贷几个月后就要调价 |
[46:04] | You got to sell at least one. | 你至少得卖掉一个 |
[46:06] | Oh, don’t tell me my job, Jacob. | 用不着你来教我 雅各布 |
[46:07] | There are no buyers out there right now. | 问题是现在还没买家 |
[46:10] | The market’s soft. Everybody reads the same news. | 房市疲软 大家都知道 |
[46:12] | I just gotta wait it out. | 所以我在等时机 |
[46:14] | It’s like the two Florida properties five years ago. | 就像五年前在佛州的两处房产 |
[46:16] | I didn’t get spooked, and I flipped 190 grand from them. | 当时我沉得住气 结果赚了十九万 |
[46:23] | What does Henry say? | 亨利怎么说 |
[46:24] | Oh, Henry. Forget about him. He’s a wimp. | 亨利吗 别提他了 他是个懦夫 |
[46:25] | That’s done? | 就这样吗 |
[46:27] | Oh, if I listened to Henry, I would have sold every house way too soon. | 如果我听了亨利 我的房子早卖光了 |
[46:32] | He’s just like your father was. | 他就像你父亲 |
[46:34] | No. Dad had bad luck. | 不 爸爸只是运气不好 |
[46:35] | He took a shot and he failed. But he took a shot, ma. | 他尝试过却失败了 但他好歹试过 妈妈 |
[46:37] | Yeah, and then Jack Daniels took his shot, and he succeeded. | 没错 结果他成功变成了个酒鬼 |
[46:39] | Can we not have an argument about my father every time I come to see you? | 能不能别每次都为爸的事情和我吵 |
[46:42] | So sensitive. Forget I said anything. | 你真是敏感 算我没说 |
[46:45] | God. Defending your father is like defending smallpox. | 老天 你干嘛这么护着你爸 这有什么意义 |
[46:52] | The developers are on my ass, okay? | 开发商催得很紧 好吗 |
[46:55] | I just need you to bridge me. | 我只要你帮我周转一下 |
[46:57] | What about the money from Sagamir road? | 赛格米路那边房子卖的钱呢 |
[46:59] | What do you think? I put it into the new properties. | 你觉得呢 当然又去买新房子了 |
[47:02] | What did you think, it was just gonna shoot up in perpetuity? | 你怎么想的 你觉得房价会只涨不跌吗 |
[47:04] | Don’t patronize your mother, Jacob Lawrence. | 别对你妈说教 雅各布·劳伦斯 |
[47:07] | Of course I know the risks involved. | 我当然知道这有风险 |
[47:09] | Hey, you’re buying diamonds. You got the bonus, right? | 你买了钻戒 拿到奖金了吧 |
[47:12] | I remember visiting you when I was young. | 我记得我小时候放学后 |
[47:14] | At the hospital after school, thinking, | 去医院找你 当时我想 |
[47:16] | “how cool is this? My mother is saving lives.” | “真酷啊 我妈妈在拯救生命” |
[47:18] | – Don’t change the subject. – I’m not changing the subject. | -别转移话题 -我没有 |
[47:20] | I never saved any lives. | 我从没救过任何人 |
[47:22] | Yeah, but you did something, and that’s the point, mom. | 可你至少做过实事 这才是重点 妈妈 |
[47:24] | I make more in a month now than I did in my best year as a nurse. | 我现在可比以前当护士挣得多了 |
[47:28] | You made a difference. | 你以前做的事还有意义 |
[47:30] | Listen to the broker preaching making a difference. | 一个股票经纪居然教我做什么有意义 |
[47:34] | That’s ironic. | 真够讽刺 |
[47:36] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[47:39] | Two hundred, tops. | 最多二十万 |
[47:43] | You’re killing me, ma! | 你要逼死我啊 妈 |
[47:48] | I’ll wire it to you. | 我把钱汇给你 |
[47:53] | Can you stop, please? | 别这样好吗 |
[47:56] | You’re not doing her any favors. | 你这不是在帮她 |
[47:57] | I know. | 我知道 |
[47:59] | And you’re not preventing it from happening again. | 此类事情还会再次重演 |
[48:06] | I’ll shut up. | 算了我闭嘴 |
[48:11] | Guess what? | 你猜怎样 |
[48:13] | Your boy, Bretton James. | 你盯上的那位布雷顿·詹姆斯 |
[48:14] | His assistant just called me and asked if you can see him today. | 他的助理刚来电问你今天是否能见他 |
[48:17] | You’re kidding me. | 开什么玩笑 |
[48:19] | Jake, you have an hour. I told him you were on the island. | 雅各 你还有一小时 我跟他说你在长岛 |
[48:22] | Yeah, but I’m in the middle of Friday afternoon traffic. | 没错 可周五下午路上太堵了 |
[48:24] | But he said after hours is okay, | 他说下班后也可以 |
[48:25] | Because he left his home address. | 他留了家里地址 |
[48:28] | East 65th street and Park Avenue, honey. Up to 8 p.M. | 林荫大道东街65号 等到你8点 |
[48:30] | Did he sound upset? | 他很沮丧吗 |
[48:32] | Screw him, he destroyed this company. | 去他妈的吧 是他搞垮了我们公司 |
[48:33] | He wasn’t in there like Russell Crowe in Gladiator. | 他又不是《角斗士》里的罗素·克劳 |
[48:36] | Thanks, baby. | 谢了 宝贝 |
[48:39] | Sounds like you’re getting your walking papers. | 看来你又要忙了吧 |
[48:44] | Jake, look, I don’t need this ring now. | 雅各 其实我不需要这枚戒指 |
[48:47] | Just give me one out of a cracker jack box instead… | 给我个玩具戒指就好 |
[48:49] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[48:50] | Are you crazy? Everything’s gonna be fine. | 你疯了吗 不会有事的 |
[48:52] | Jake, I grew up with a father who only talked about money. | 雅各 从小到大我爸脑子里就只有钱 |
[48:55] | If you think I want to be with the kind of guy | 如果你以为我想和那种 |
[48:56] | with his ego invested in his bank account, | 通过摆阔来体现自我的男人在一起 |
[48:58] | You really don’t get me. | 那你就太不了解我了 |
[49:02] | “I love it,” was what I was expecting. | 我就想听你说句 “我很喜欢” |
[49:06] | Return it. It makes me uncomfortable. | 退回去吧 我戴着不舒服 |
[49:07] | Okay, Winnie. I’ll return it. | 好吧 薇妮 我退回去 |
[49:24] | Jacob Moore to see Mr. James. | 我是雅各布·莫尔 来找詹姆斯先生 |
[49:26] | He’s expecting you. | 他正在等你 |
[49:42] | 《福布斯》杂志 2007年946名全球亿万富翁 | |
[49:55] | Saturno devorando a su hijo. | 《农神吞噬其子》 |
[49:59] | Goya painted 15 black paintings late in his life. | 戈雅晚年的十五幅阴暗作品 |
[50:02] | Fourteen of them are on view in the Prado. | 十四幅在马德里的普拉多博物馆 |
[50:04] | That’s the missing 15th. | 而这是第十五幅 |
[50:06] | An early sketch for Satan devouring his son. | 早期的素描是撒旦吞噬其子 |
[50:14] | Do you collect? | 你收藏画吗 |
[50:16] | No. | 不 |
[50:17] | Only the obsessive-compulsive and the insecurely egotistical | 只有强迫症和缺乏信心的家伙 |
[50:20] | feel the need to collect things. | 才会收藏东西 |
[50:28] | Do you ride? | 你玩机车么 |
[50:32] | It’s an avocation, yes. | 是的 个人爱好 |
[50:34] | You know the photograph. | 你知道这照片吧 |
[50:36] | Rollie free, 1948. | 1948年的罗利飞 |
[50:39] | He set the world record at 150. | 他当时的纪录是时速150英里 |
[50:41] | And wanted it so bad he rode naked. | 为了破纪录他还干脆裸骑 |
[50:44] | Why, you ride, Mr. Moore? | 怎么 你也飙车吗 莫尔先生 |
[50:50] | I’ll put it to you this way. | 我这么说吧 |
[50:52] | If you rode the rest of your life, right, | 就算你花上下半辈子 |
[50:54] | and really became the best that you could be, | 把自己的状态练到最佳 |
[50:56] | you would never ride like I ride. | 也达不到我的水准 |
[51:00] | Well, then I look forward to us riding together. | 期待我们何时能飙上一回 |
[51:08] | You a bee, Mr. Moore? | 你是蜜蜂吗 莫尔先生 |
[51:15] | A what? | 你说什么 |
[51:18] | Do you like to sting people? | 你是喜欢蜇人吧 |
[51:23] | You cost Churchill Schwartz $120 million last week. | 你害得丘吉尔·施瓦茨上周损失一千两百万 |
[51:29] | That’s not a great deal of money. | 这笔钱是不算什么 |
[51:31] | But people know Hydra Offshore is ours. | 但现在大家都知道长蛇是我们的了 |
[51:41] | I had dinner with the good commander Ojukwa in Paris last week. | 我上周在巴黎和亲爱的奥吉奎将军吃饭 |
[51:46] | He has no actual plans of nationalizing any oil fields. | 他根本没打算要把油田国有化 |
[51:51] | But I guess that doesn’t really matter to you. | 不过我想你并不在乎 |
[51:53] | No, it doesn’t. | 没错 |
[51:56] | I checked you out with the desks in town. | 我查过你的交易记录 |
[51:58] | You didn’t make any money of it. | 你并没有从中获利 |
[52:00] | No, I didn’t. | 我当然没有 |
[52:02] | Then why? | 那是为了什么 |
[52:06] | Because you destroyed my firm. | 因为你搞垮了我们公司 |
[52:08] | Your firm destroyed itself. | 那是你们自己害了自己 |
[52:09] | You killed Louis Zabel. | 你害死了卢易斯·泽贝 |
[52:11] | Louis Zabel killed himself. | 卢易斯·泽贝是自杀的 |
[52:13] | But you set the rumors. | 但是你散布的谣言 |
[52:14] | The rumors were true. | 谣言是真的 |
[52:16] | You made them true. | 是你搞得像是真的 |
[52:18] | No, Mr. Moore. | 不 莫尔先生 |
[52:19] | Putting 50% leverage on toxic debt made them true. | 在一屁股坏账上融资50%才是原因 |
[52:24] | Look, Zabel once knew how to run money. | 泽贝也曾懂得赚钱之道 |
[52:26] | Dying because of it was his choice. | 他因此而死 这是他自己的选择 |
[52:28] | As far as I’m concerned, it’s just money. | 而在我看来 钱还不是主要的 |
[52:31] | But when you don’t know what you’re doing, | 而一旦你不清楚自己在做什么 |
[52:34] | It’s fatal, Mr. Moore. | 那只有死路一条 莫尔先生 |
[52:36] | Not knowing what you’re doing. | 不清楚自己在做什么 |
[52:44] | Come work for me. | 来为我工作吧 |
[52:48] | What? | 什么 |
[52:49] | We fund most of the world’s integrated oil companies. | 我们投资全球多家石油集团公司 |
[52:52] | Drillers, coal producers, natural gas line providers… | 钻油公司 煤矿业者 天然气产业 |
[52:55] | I know who you are. | 这我都知道 |
[52:56] | But where we’re a little light | 但我们在替代能源方面 |
[52:59] | is in alternative energy. | 还有点力不从心 |
[53:04] | Why me? | 为什么选我 |
[53:06] | Because your loyalty demanded revenge. | 因为你够忠诚 肯为公司报仇 |
[53:08] | Your boss actually attempted it, and your skill pulled it off. | 你能力出众 完成了你老板的未尽之事 |
[53:13] | And frankly, | 说老实话 |
[53:16] | Because I’d love to beat the crap out of you on a bike. | 其实我想和你飙车 狠狠修理你一顿 |
[53:19] | Fair enough? | 理由够充分吧 |
[53:23] | You got my attention, Mr. Moore. That’s pretty rare. | 你让我印象深刻 莫尔先生 这可不常见 |
[53:27] | If I were you, I’d think seriously about it. | 如果我是你 我会慎重考虑 |
[53:30] | Because you’ll have a hard time elsewhere, | 因为既然你引起了我们的注意 |
[53:33] | now that you’ve captured our attention. | 那在其他地方恐怕是混不下去了 |
[53:36] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m having a little fundraiser. | 先失陪了 我还得参加个小型慈善会 |
[53:41] | I got to get back to shaking my tin cup. | 我得去讨好那帮金主了 |
[53:44] | What’s your number? | 你的数字是多少 |
[53:46] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[53:47] | We’d start you at 300, like everybody else. | 标准年薪是三十万 |
[53:50] | I mean, as a partner, I only pull in 600. And the bonuses… | 作为股东 可以加到六十万 加上奖金… |
[53:53] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[53:55] | Your number. | 我是指你的数字 |
[53:56] | The amount of money you would need to just walk away from it and live. | 你要赚多少钱才会离开华尔街去享受生活 |
[54:00] | See, I find that everybody has a number, | 我知道每个人心中都有一个数 |
[54:02] | and it’s usually an exact number. | 一般来说都是个特定的数字 |
[54:03] | So what is yours? | 你的是多少 |
[54:09] | More. | 多多益善 |
[54:29] | How did you know it was Bretton James? | 你怎么知道是布雷顿·詹姆斯 |
[54:32] | Good morning to you, too. Come in. | 你也早安 请进吧 |
[54:34] | – Good morning. – You hungry? | -早安 -吃点什么 |
[54:36] | No. I’m okay, thanks. | 不用 谢谢 |
[54:41] | Brett, as I called him in the old days, | 我以前叫他布雷 |
[54:43] | used to run trades through me. | 我们过去一起做生意 |
[54:44] | We used to piggyback off each other’s ideas. | 总是在彼此身上获益 |
[54:47] | Then we had a little discrepancy. | 后来我们出现了一点分歧 |
[54:49] | I won’t bother you with the details. | 具体的就不跟你讲了 |
[54:52] | Just to tell you that it cost me 200,000 bucks, | 反正最后赔了我二十万 |
[54:55] | which was a lot of money back then. | 这在当时可是一大笔钱 |
[54:57] | So when I got hot in the ’80s, | 八十年代正好是我最出名的时候 |
[54:59] | And I started giving tastes to my friends, | 我开始给我的朋友内部消息 |
[55:02] | I didn’t invite James in, and he didn’t like that very much. | 却没有理会詹姆斯 对此他不太高兴 |
[55:06] | So? | 然后呢 |
[55:08] | So it’s no big deal. | 也没什么大不了 |
[55:11] | But when you’re in prison, you got a lot of time to think. | 在牢里你有很多时间可以思考 |
[55:17] | In fact, the best memory that I know is hurt. | 事实上 让我最记忆犹新的是痛苦 |
[55:22] | I did eight years, pal. Five years before that in court. | 我坐了八年牢 之前还打了五年官司 |
[55:25] | Nobody does eight years. They give murderers five. | 没人会被判八年 连杀人犯也不过五年 |
[55:30] | I thought it was the kid with the airline that gave you up. | 不是航空公司的员工告发你的吗 |
[55:34] | Blue star? Stock watch? What was it? | 蓝星股份吧 股市勘察吗 |
[55:36] | – Bud Fox? – Bud Fox. | -巴德·福克斯吗 -对 就是福克斯 |
[55:38] | No, no, no. He got a wire on me. | 不 他在我身上装窃听器 |
[55:40] | He got me for insider trading. | 抓到我进行内幕交易 |
[55:41] | But that’s 12, 13 months, max. | 但那顶多也就被判个一年多 |
[55:44] | After the first charges, | 在那次指控后 |
[55:45] | It was one of my co-conspirators who tipped off The Fed. | 我的一个合伙人向美联储透露消息 |
[55:50] | And that pious piranha, Bretton James, | 而那个伪君子 布雷顿·詹姆斯 |
[55:53] | he had just enough information to sink me. | 手头掌握了足够资料让我去坐牢 |
[55:57] | You know, of course, I’m never going to know it for sure. | 不过当然 真相我是永远不会知道了 |
[56:00] | He offered me a job. | 他要我过去工作 |
[56:06] | Well, you just rocketed into the center of the universe, pal. | 不错啊 伙计 青云直上了嘛 |
[56:10] | I think my daughter’s future is looking a hell of a lot better. | 看来我女儿将来也不愁吃穿了 |
[56:14] | I never made any money shorting Hydra. | 我没有靠卖空长蛇的股票赚钱 |
[56:17] | You’re kidding me. You didn’t trade it? | 开什么玩笑 你没交易吗 |
[56:19] | That would have been insider trading, Mr. Gekko. | 那样做是内幕交易 盖柯先生 |
[56:23] | Remember, your daughter and I are engaged. | 别忘了 我和你女儿已经订婚了 |
[56:24] | You wouldn’t want to soil her name, right? | 你也不想我连累她吧 |
[56:26] | Well, you may not have traded, | 好吧 就算你没交易 |
[56:28] | But you try telling The Fed you didn’t commit a felony. | 但你能让美联储相信你是无辜的吗 |
[56:31] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[56:32] | You know exactly what I mean. | 你明白我的意思 |
[56:34] | You induced others to trade on | 是你提供的假消息 |
[56:36] | information that you knew to be false. | 促使了别人进行交易 |
[56:44] | Hard to prove that. | 这很难证明 |
[56:49] | A fisherman always sees another fisherman from a far. | 两个同道中人 总能一眼就认出对方 |
[56:57] | I think you ought to start calling me Gordon. | 我想你还是叫我戈登吧 |
[57:00] | Well, I promised you this, | 我答应过给你这个 |
[57:03] | Gordon. | 戈登 |
[57:05] | Makes us even. | 这下我们扯平了 |
[57:07] | There she is. | 就是这个 |
[57:08] | But keep this between us, though. | 但你可别说出去 |
[57:12] | How is that lefty website of her’s doing? | 她的那个左翼网站搞得如何了 |
[57:14] | – Frozen Truth? – Yeah. | -冰封真相吗 -对 |
[57:15] | It’s doing well, actually. They get about 50,000 hits a day. | 不错 每天点击率有五万多 |
[57:18] | It’s building. | 慢慢步入正轨了 |
[57:21] | She was such a pisser. | 她真是个有个性的女孩 |
[57:24] | Relationships, they’re like bubbles. | 人与人之间的关系 就像泡沫 |
[57:28] | They’re fragile. It’s like these tulips. | 不堪一击 就好比郁金香 |
[57:31] | This is the greatest bubble story of all time. | 这是史上最强大的泡沫故事 |
[57:34] | Back in the 1600s, the Dutch, they get speculation fever. | 十七世纪那会 荷兰人狂热进行投机买卖 |
[57:38] | To the point that you could buy | 当时用一个郁金香球茎的价钱 |
[57:40] | a beautiful house on a canal in Amsterdam, | 你就能在阿姆斯特丹运河旁 |
[57:44] | for the price of one bulb. | 买上一栋漂亮的房子 |
[57:46] | They called it “Tulip Mania.” | 人们称之为”郁金香狂热” |
[57:49] | Then it collapsed. | 然后泡沫崩溃了 |
[57:50] | You could buy 10 bulbs for $2. | 十个球茎只要两块钱 |
[57:52] | People got wiped out, but, you know, who remembers? | 人们倾家荡产 但谁又会吸取教训 |
[57:56] | What would you do with your money? | 你的钱都如何处理 |
[57:58] | Me? Switzerland. Still the best. | 我吗 存在瑞士银行 那里最保险 |
[58:01] | Got a healthy distrust for a big government. | 我不信任大国家的政府 |
[58:04] | Is that where you keep it? | 你赚来的钱都存在那边吗 |
[58:06] | Yes, I did. Now I don’t got that kind of cash anymore. | 之前是 现在我没这么多钱了 |
[58:12] | But you do have money. | 可你还是有钱住这种房子 |
[58:16] | This is a rental. | 这地方是租的 |
[58:20] | I’m pretty sure James has invested | 我肯定詹姆斯在开曼群岛 |
[58:21] | in an offshore fund in the Caymans. | 投资了一个境外基金 |
[58:24] | Your time, you ever do anything | 你当时有没有和一个 |
[58:26] | with some company called Locust Fund? | 叫蝗虫基金的公司打过交道 |
[58:27] | Locust Fund. I never heard of it, but it’s possible. Yeah. | 蝗虫基金 从没听过 不过有这可能 |
[58:31] | James wants to build his alternative energy sector. | 詹姆斯想成立个替代能源部门 |
[58:34] | Sounds serious. | 他好像很认真 |
[58:35] | I think I can get him to put real capital | 我觉得我能让他把钱 |
[58:36] | behind this company I told you about. | 投给那家我提过的公司 |
[58:38] | United fusion. | 聚变联合公司 |
[58:40] | James would probably want to polish his resume a little green. | 詹姆斯可能是想给自己添点环保资历 |
[58:43] | He’s in pole position to be top dog | 只要裘利·斯坦哈德一过世 |
[58:45] | when Julie Steinhardt kicks the bucket, | 他就能爬上第一把交椅的位置 |
[58:47] | which, I hear, could be any day now. | 而就我听说 他也快了 |
[58:49] | This company could change not just the | 这家公司不仅会改变能源市场 |
[58:50] | energy market, Gordon, but the world. | 戈登 还能改变整个世界 |
[58:52] | Idealism. Idealism, pal, it kills every deal. | 理想主义啊 伙计 这可会坏了大事 |
[58:55] | The thing you got to know about James is, he’s a gambler. | 你只要知道詹姆斯是个赌徒 |
[58:57] | You know, like me. | 就和我一样 |
[58:59] | He’s got an ego the size of Antarctica. Like me. | 他这人超级自负 这点也像我 |
[59:04] | So now you got his attention. | 而你现在引起了他的注意 |
[59:06] | How are you going to shine sitting on his sun? | 你能在他底下打自己的小算盘吗 |
[59:10] | Make him money and melt his ass. | 替他赚钱 再趁虚而入 |
[59:14] | Just like the old days. We slaughtered men for payback. | 我们报复起来不择手段 这一点没变 |
[59:21] | Maybe it’s time for us to do our second trade. | 我们是不是该做第二次交易了 |
[59:26] | All right. I’ll dig around on James and this Locust Fund, | 我来查詹姆斯和那个蝗虫基金 |
[59:29] | and you see what you can do about | 而你就负责想办法 |
[59:30] | getting Winnie and me back together again. | 让我跟薇妮和好如初 |
[59:32] | Well, I never guaranteed she’d forgive you, Gordon. | 我可不能保证她会原谅你 戈登 |
[59:36] | Why don’t we just start with her agreeing | 不如我们先从简单的开始 |
[59:38] | to have dinner with you first, huh? | 问问看她同不同意一起吃个饭 |
[59:39] | Well, at my age, I’ll take anything I can get. | 我这个年纪的人 已经不挑剔了 |
[59:46] | I had two beautiful children. | 我有两个可爱的孩子 |
[59:50] | And then I went away, and I didn’t see them much. | 我入狱后就很少见到他们 |
[59:55] | My ex made sure of that. | 都是我前妻的意思 |
[59:59] | And then when we lost Rudy, | 而鲁迪去世后 |
[1:00:03] | Winnie just shut down on me. | 薇妮便再也没和我联系过 |
[1:00:16] | Except for the exceedingly precious | 除了时间这个资产 |
[1:00:20] | and depreciating asset of time. | 极其珍贵却又不断贬值 |
[1:00:22] | Winnie’s all I got left. You understand that? | 薇妮就是我的所有了 你明白吗 |
[1:00:25] | I’ll try, Gordon. | 我尽力吧 戈登 |
[1:00:28] | Well, try harder. Then you both can have a father. | 尽全力 到时你们都可以有个父亲了 |
[1:00:45] | – He chose this place? – Yeah. | -是他选的地方吗 -是的 |
[1:00:47] | Yeah, we used to come here every Sunday night. | 我们以前每周日晚上都来这 |
[1:00:50] | You will be fine. | 没事的 |
[1:00:52] | You do know I’m never having sex with you again. | 别指望我以后再会和你做爱 |
[1:00:54] | Then what my friends say about | 那我朋友对婚姻的看法 |
[1:00:56] | marriage is actually true. Five back. | 还真是对了 找我五块 |
[1:00:59] | I’m only doing this for you. | 我是为了你才来的 |
[1:01:00] | No, baby. You’re doing this for you. Come on. | 不 宝贝 是为了你自己 来吧 |
[1:01:02] | Taxi! | 的士 |
[1:01:24] | Mr. Gekko. | 盖柯先生 |
[1:01:25] | Jacob Moore. We spoke on the phone. | 我是雅各布·莫尔 我们通过电话 |
[1:01:41] | – Drinks? – No. | -喝点什么吗 -不用了 |
[1:01:45] | What about you? Heineken? | 你呢 来点喜力啤酒吗 |
[1:01:47] | Yeah, sure. | 当然 |
[1:01:57] | Let me guess. The ginger-garlic lobster. | 让我猜猜你要点什么 姜蒜龙虾吗 |
[1:02:03] | I used to order that every time. | 我以前每次都点这个 |
[1:02:06] | I guess so. | 我猜也是 |
[1:02:11] | I checked out that website. | 我看过那个网站 |
[1:02:14] | Frozen truth. It’s impressive. | 冰封真相 很不错 |
[1:02:17] | Thanks. We work hard at it. | 谢谢 我们花费了很多心思 |
[1:02:19] | Although, there was a bullshit blog. | 不过上面有篇文章很扯淡 |
[1:02:23] | Blaming the current administration for the entire mess that we’re in. | 把现在的混乱局面都归咎于现今政府 |
[1:02:26] | I don’t think that’s the truth. | 我可不能认同 |
[1:02:28] | I agree with you. | 我也这么想 |
[1:02:29] | You do? | 是吗 |
[1:02:30] | Yeah. Jack Salmon wrote it… | 对 杰克·萨门写的… |
[1:02:31] | Graydy. | 格雷迪 |
[1:02:32] | Congratulations. Great to see you. | 恭喜啊 见到你很高兴 |
[1:02:35] | You’re doing great work down there. | 你的工作很出色 |
[1:02:36] | – Thank you. Thank you so much. – Gordon. Gordon Gekko. | -谢谢 非常感谢 -我是戈登·盖柯 |
[1:02:39] | Nice to see you. Thanks so much. | 很高兴见到你 谢谢 |
[1:03:02] | I’m sorry. I can’t do this. | 对不起 我做不到 |
[1:03:17] | Winnie! | 薇妮 |
[1:03:20] | Why did you make me do that, Jake? | 你为什么要逼我这么做 雅各 |
[1:03:22] | You don’t understand. This is none of your business. | 你不明白 这根本和你无关 |
[1:03:24] | It is my business. Stop for a second. | 当然和我有关 等等 |
[1:03:25] | Look at the real man in there. | 好好看看那个真实的人 |
[1:03:26] | He’s hurting. He’s desperate to get you back in his life. | 他受伤了 他这么渴望你回到他身边 |
[1:03:28] | He’s not who you think he is, Jake! | 他不是你所想的那种人 雅各 |
[1:03:30] | People change. It was a long time ago. Winnie. | 人是会变的 都这么久了 薇妮 |
[1:03:37] | He’ll hurt us. | 他会伤害我们 |
[1:03:40] | Don’t go back in there. | 别回去找他 |
[1:03:51] | Are we really going to lead with this Babaco Solar? | 我们真的要投资巴巴可太阳能吗 |
[1:03:53] | It’s a hustle, Bretton. | 这公司靠不住 布雷顿 |
[1:03:55] | I passed on it twice within the last two years. | 过去两年我放弃了两次 |
[1:03:56] | They spin a sexy story with these super-thin cadmium telluride semiconductors. | 他们把超薄碲化镉半导体吹得天花乱坠 |
[1:04:00] | But the truth is, the technology is not proprietary… | 但其实这项技术根本没有专利权… |
[1:04:02] | We’ve been over this, Bretton. | 这个我们已经讨论过了 布雷顿 |
[1:04:03] | You are unbelievable, Moore. | 你真让人烦透了 莫尔 |
[1:04:04] | Babaco is a cow. It’s dead in the water. | 巴巴可是个烂摊子 根本没前途 |
[1:04:06] | The chinese aren’t stupid. They’re not going to go for it. | 中国人可不蠢 他们不会投资的 |
[1:04:08] | Yeah, a cash cow maybe. | 也说不定是棵摇钱树 |
[1:04:09] | They’ve been saying fusion is five years away for the last 40 years. | 聚变技术五年内能成功都说了四十年了 |
[1:04:11] | It is. Laser fusion is the future. | 没错 镭射聚变是未来趋势 |
[1:04:12] | Can you prove that, boy genius? | 你能证明吗 天才先生 |
[1:04:14] | Can you prove evolution, girl genius? | 那你能证明进化论吗 天才小姐 |
[1:04:15] | That seems to work, though, right? | 但事实不明摆着么 |
[1:04:16] | Look, knock it off. Both of you. | 你们两个听着 别吵了 |
[1:04:18] | These guys are parking 15 billion across the board in energy sectors | 他们要在能源产业上投资一百五十亿 |
[1:04:21] | And I want them here, okay? | 我要把他们留住 懂吗 |
[1:04:23] | Carol’s taking the lead on this. | 这事由卡萝尔负责 |
[1:04:25] | Our recommend is Babaco. That’s final. | 我们推荐的是巴巴可 就这么定了 |
[1:04:31] | Go ahead. I’ll take you to dinner some other time. | 走吧 以后有时间再请你吃饭 |
[1:04:33] | Oh, eat me, Moore. | 吃你个鬼 莫尔 |
[1:04:35] | Babaco is at the forefront of developing thin film technology | 巴巴可在利用太阳能融合薄膜技术 |
[1:04:39] | to incorporate solar cells into pliable plastic sheets. | 的研发上处于领先地位 |
[1:04:41] | We believe that within the next few years | 我们相信在未来的几年中 |
[1:04:43] | we can approach the 20% level. | 我们的收益将达到20% |
[1:04:45] | Making it a perfect match for the explosion of growth and energy needs, | 恰好迎合能源需求 |
[1:04:49] | Which, as you know, is growing at 40%. | 40%的飞速增长 |
[1:04:52] | Thin film technology is the breakthrough here. | 薄膜技术是个历史性的突破 |
[1:04:55] | And in 2010, thin film is going to surpass crystalline silicon. | 直到2010 薄膜将超过硅晶 |
[1:05:01] | And that’s about it. | 就是这些 |
[1:05:06] | Go ahead. | 继续 |
[1:05:07] | So, with the world energy demand | 所以 世界能源需求在未来的二十年 |
[1:05:08] | Growing 40% in the next 20 years, | 将会增长40% |
[1:05:11] | We at church believe, Mr. Xu. | 我们坚信 徐先生 |
[1:05:13] | That Babaco Solar is a cutting-edge no-brainer. | 巴巴可太阳能掌握了尖端技术 |
[1:05:17] | Good for a 20% return in the next two years | 未来两年将获得20%的收益 |
[1:05:20] | With a 30 to 40% upside in the next five years. | 五年内会提升个30%到40% |
[1:05:23] | Thank you, Miss Carol. | 谢谢你 卡萝尔小姐 |
[1:05:26] | Solar will make an important part of our portfolio. | 太阳能会是我们投资的重要领域之一 |
[1:05:31] | But truthfully, | 但老实说 |
[1:05:32] | we have seen similar technology from another firm. | 我们在其他公司也见过同样的技术 |
[1:05:36] | As you know, China’s demand | 你也知道 中国的需求 |
[1:05:39] | will more than double before my daughter turns 21. | 在我女儿21岁之前就会翻倍 |
[1:05:43] | So we are looking for the next 100 years. | 所以我们要的是百年稳赚的投资 |
[1:05:48] | Where even my grandson can spend money. | 让我的孙子辈都能有钱赚 |
[1:05:51] | Do you have anything else to present to us today? | 你还有什么要展示给我们的吗 |
[1:05:54] | We’ve come a long way. | 我们可是远道而来 |
[1:05:59] | Listen, Wang, | 听着 王 |
[1:06:00] | Now, we got a great new line on this shale oil technology. | 现在 我们还有一项新的页岩油技术 |
[1:06:06] | Let’s just dig a lot deeper for a | 我们可以进一步讨论出 |
[1:06:07] | price that we think is a good one. | 一个让我们双方都满意的价格 |
[1:06:09] | We’ll have a complete workup for you by the end of the month. | 这个月底我们就能给你们完整的资料 |
[1:06:12] | All right, bretton. That sounds promising. | 好吧 布雷顿 听起来不错 |
[1:06:15] | What about fusion? | 那聚能怎么样呢 |
[1:06:17] | We happen to be working with a company right now. | 一家正与我们合作的公司 |
[1:06:19] | It’s got all the hardware in place. | 它所有的硬件设施齐全 |
[1:06:21] | Started by the department of energy. | 由能源部启动 |
[1:06:22] | They share r&d facilities with the university of california. | 他们和加州大学共用研发设备 |
[1:06:25] | It’s got a market cap right now of about a billion. | 目前市值不算收益 |
[1:06:27] | No earnings. | 大概值十亿 |
[1:06:29] | Fusion has been around a long time. | 聚变技术已经存在很久了 |
[1:06:34] | “Good things take time.” | 好事多磨[汉语] |
[1:06:37] | The simple of it is, | 简单来说 |
[1:06:38] | it’s using the intense energy of some 200 laser beams | 它利用两百道强烈的镭射光束 |
[1:06:41] | focused on a single target the size of a few grains of rice filled with hydrogen fuel. | 瞄准只有几颗米粒大的氢能源目标 |
[1:06:45] | So the idea being that when that target combusts | 其中的原理是当目标爆炸时 |
[1:06:48] | it produces more energy than it took in. | 将释放比原来大得多的能量 |
[1:06:51] | All the tests they’ve done indicate | 所有的实验表明 |
[1:06:53] | that they can use this ignition process | 他们可以利用燃点的过程 |
[1:06:54] | to turn simple seawater into energy. | 来把普通海水变成能量 |
[1:06:58] | It’s called ocean thermal energy conversion | 这个称为海洋热能转换 |
[1:07:01] | using the reaction between hot water on the surface | 利用海面较暖的海水和海底较冷的海水 |
[1:07:03] | And cold water beneath to power the lasers. | 反应作为镭射动能 |
[1:07:05] | So what you wind up with is unlimited clean energy. | 这样你就得到无限的纯净能源 |
[1:07:08] | How do you contain the explosion? | 那你要如何控制爆炸 |
[1:07:11] | That’s a secret I can’t really share with you right now. | 这个我没法现在告诉你 是商业秘密 |
[1:07:13] | Not to be secretive, but I could | 但也没什么好隐瞒的 或许 |
[1:07:14] | probably get you in there for a peek. | 我能让你去看看 |
[1:07:15] | Maybe next week, | 大概下个星期 |
[1:07:16] | on your way back to Beijing from DC.? | 你从华盛顿回北京的路上 |
[1:07:20] | Mr. Wang, I got you something. | 王先生 我有件礼物要给你 |
[1:07:22] | This is American baijiu. | 这是美国的白酒 |
[1:07:28] | “I think you will like it.” | 我想你会喜欢[汉语] |
[1:07:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:07:30] | – Miss Chung, this is for you. – Oh, thank you. | -常小姐 这是给你的 -谢谢 |
[1:07:40] | I used to go with Zabel to China. | 我曾跟泽贝去过中国 |
[1:07:42] | Their culture’s as much about manners as it is about business. | 他们的文化里礼仪和生意一样重要 |
[1:07:45] | They’re on the hook, Jake. That’s all I care about. | 他们上钩了 雅各 我只关心这个 |
[1:07:48] | Good. | 好 |
[1:07:49] | I’ll send him some bamboo flowers symbolizing continued growth and prosperity. | 我会送他一些代表繁荣昌盛的竹子花 |
[1:07:54] | You don’t always listen so good, Jake, | 你并不总是很听话 雅各 |
[1:07:57] | but you got fight in you. | 但是你有斗志 |
[1:07:58] | I like that. | 我喜欢 |
[1:08:13] | I think you might just have something on James. | 我想关于詹姆斯的事你说对了 |
[1:08:16] | My friend in Switzerland, he confirmed | 我在瑞士的朋友确认了 |
[1:08:18] | that this locust fund, it exists and it’s big. | 蝗虫基金的确存在且规模不小 |
[1:08:20] | A billion dollars. | 十亿资产 |
[1:08:23] | It just might be our friend Bretton | 这大概就是那个布雷顿 |
[1:08:25] | was trading through his own account, | 没经过丘吉尔·施瓦茨公司 |
[1:08:27] | outside of Churchill Schwartz. | 进行交易的私人户头 |
[1:08:29] | Can we get that on the record? | 我们能拿到记录吗 |
[1:08:31] | That’s the hard part, isn’t it? | 这才是困难所在 不是吗 |
[1:08:37] | So what are we going to do about my daughter, Jake? | 那我女儿的事该怎么办 雅各 |
[1:08:41] | I told you, I’m sorry about the other night. | 那晚的事我很抱歉 |
[1:08:42] | Gordon, I can’t control her, you know? | 戈登 我控制不了她 你懂吗 |
[1:08:44] | Yeah. | 我懂 |
[1:08:46] | You know, they say parents are the bones | 有人说孩子就是靠着 |
[1:08:49] | on which children sharpen their teeth. | 父母的血泪一点一滴长大 |
[1:08:53] | Find another way for me to get with her. | 想法子让我们再见一次 |
[1:08:54] | You know, there’s got to be… | 肯定会有什么办法 |
[1:08:55] | That dinner that’s coming up, all the street guys are going? | 那个所有华尔街人士都会出席的晚宴 |
[1:08:57] | The Alzheimer’s thing at the Met. | 阿兹海默症协会在大都会办的那个 |
[1:08:59] | Yeah. I’m taking her. | 我会带她出席 |
[1:09:01] | I wish I had 10k for a seat. | 真希望我买得起一万一张的门票 |
[1:09:04] | A writer’s got to sell a lot of books for that. | 一个作家要卖很多书才能赚得到 |
[1:09:08] | And we both know how Winnie would react to the fact | 而我们都知道如果薇妮发现你 |
[1:09:11] | that you’ve been bonding with your future father-in-law. | 和你的未来岳父私交甚笃 会有什么反应 |
[1:09:14] | Is that a threat? | 你在威胁我吗 |
[1:09:17] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[1:09:21] | Well, consider it done. | 你成功了 |
[1:09:22] | I just got to put you at another table. | 我会把你安排到另一张桌子 |
[1:09:24] | It’s got to look like an accident. | 搞得像是偶遇 |
[1:09:26] | I like trading with you, Jake. | 我喜欢和你做生意 雅各 |
[1:09:28] | See you around campus. | 回头见 |
[1:09:33] | Get her a ring, for christ’s sake! | 看在上帝的份上 给她买枚戒指 |
[1:09:59] | How are you, Bill? | 最近怎么样 比尔 |
[1:10:00] | Julie, how nice to see you. | 裘利 见到你真高兴 |
[1:10:01] | Well, it’s a pleasure to see you, William. | 很荣幸见到你 威廉 |
[1:10:04] | So nice to see you. | 见到你真好 |
[1:10:07] | Have you spoken to J.P. about the conservancy? | 你跟J·P谈过环保组织的事了吗 |
[1:10:18] | Hi, nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[1:10:19] | Congratulations. Looks like you won this one. | 恭喜你 看来这次你赢了 |
[1:10:24] | It’s not over yet. | 这事儿还没完 |
[1:10:26] | Have you met Jake? | 你见过雅各吗 |
[1:10:27] | Good to see you. How’s your husband? | 见到你真好 你先生好吗 |
[1:10:28] | Very well. | 不错 |
[1:10:31] | I gotta tell you, Mr. Gekko, | 我不得不告诉你 盖柯先生 |
[1:10:33] | Seeing you speak was inspirational on so many levels. | 你的演讲真是太有启发性了 |
[1:10:36] | Because, I’ll tell you, I’m on the outside. | 要我说 我完全是个局外人 |
[1:10:38] | I’m looking at all my buddies making all this money. | 看着我的朋友们不停地赚钱 |
[1:10:40] | And I’m thinking, “fellas, | 然后我就会想 “伙计们 |
[1:10:42] | “there’s no there, there.” you know? | “这一切都要泡汤了” 知道吗 |
[1:10:45] | But listen, I’m at your table. | 听着 我跟你在同一桌 |
[1:10:46] | We can talk about this all night. | 今晚我们可以好好聊聊 |
[1:10:47] | That’s great, Robby. I’ll see you later then, all right? | 这很棒 罗比 我们待会见吧 |
[1:10:49] | Hey, Gordon. | 戈登 |
[1:10:52] | Looking good. | 看起来不错嘛 |
[1:10:54] | My god. | 天呐 |
[1:10:56] | Bud Fox, huh? I haven’t seen you in years. | 巴德·福克斯 很多年没见你了 |
[1:11:00] | This is Erin and Christina. | 这两位是艾琳和克里斯蒂娜 |
[1:11:04] | What was that airline called? Blue star, that’s right. | 那航空公司叫什么来着 对了 蓝星 |
[1:11:08] | That must be keeping you pretty busy now, huh? | 你现在肯定忙的不行吧 |
[1:11:12] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[1:11:15] | Well, after a little time away, I actually turned it into | 你不在的这段时间 我已经把它发展成 |
[1:11:19] | One of the largest private jet brokerages in the world | 世界上最大的私人飞机经纪公司 |
[1:11:21] | and sold it. | 然后转手卖出去了 |
[1:11:22] | Made millions. | 赚了一大笔吧 |
[1:11:24] | That’s great, pal. That’s really great. So what’s up next? | 伙计 那真的很不错 下一步呢 |
[1:11:28] | You’re looking at it. | 你也看到了 |
[1:11:29] | Golf, winters in St. Barts, philanthropy. | 冬天在圣巴茨参加高尔夫和慈善活动 |
[1:11:34] | Ah! and how about you, Gordon? | 那你呢 戈登 |
[1:11:37] | Does Blue Horseshoe still love Anacott Steel? | 蓝色马蹄跟安纳克钢铁还好吧[第一部情节] |
[1:11:41] | You know it. | 你知道的 |
[1:11:45] | Well, I’ll see you around sometime, Gordon. | 回头见了 戈登 |
[1:11:48] | Stay out of trouble. | 别惹麻烦 |
[1:12:45] | And the website’s called frozen truth. | 那个网站叫冰封真相 |
[1:12:48] | That’s catchy. I like that. | 很容易记 我喜欢 |
[1:12:50] | What we really need is some game-changing news. | 我们真正要的是劲爆新闻 |
[1:12:53] | And now you can come out of nowhere with one big story. | 你能毫无征兆地发布一则大新闻 |
[1:12:57] | Since “mission accomplished” broke the senator’s affair, | 自从”使命必达”揭发了议员的风流韵事 |
[1:12:59] | They’ve gotten 200,000 hits a day. | 他们每天都有二十万的点击率 |
[1:13:02] | Is it expensive to run? | 运营成本高吗 |
[1:13:04] | Not really. It’s a shoestring budget. | 不高 只需要很少的经费 |
[1:13:06] | Maybe Jake can find ways to raise you some money | 说不定雅各能想办法帮你筹到点钱 |
[1:13:09] | Flip it to the public? | 要上市的吗 |
[1:13:11] | We don’t really want to go public. | 我们没想过上市 |
[1:13:12] | It would affect our credibility. | 那会影响我们的公信力 |
[1:13:14] | We want to stay non-profit. | 我们想保持非盈利 |
[1:13:15] | Non-profit? What is that? I don’t know what that is. | 非盈利 我不知道那是什么 |
[1:13:18] | I’ve heard the term before, “non-profit.” | 我听过这个 非盈利 |
[1:13:19] | That’s very funny. | 很好笑 |
[1:13:20] | You know what it is? Isn’t that when you came out of school | 你知道那是什么吗 就是当你刚毕业时 |
[1:13:23] | and you had to do something for the government, iike it was mandatory? | 被强行要求为政府做点事 |
[1:13:25] | Very funny. | 真有趣 |
[1:13:27] | It was called the draft. | 那叫草案 |
[1:13:28] | – It was called the draft. – It’s called the draft. | -草案 -那叫草案 |
[1:13:29] | So one day, Brett, Churchill Schwartz | 总有一天 丘施和布雷 |
[1:13:31] | is going to buy every table at this jackal’s ball. | 会买下这里每张桌子的票 |
[1:13:34] | They’re going to call it “a religious revival.” | 他们会管这叫宗教复兴 |
[1:13:39] | Winn, you don’t have to leave on my behalf. | 小薇 你不用因为我来了就走 |
[1:13:41] | I’m only going to be here a couple of seconds. | 我就在这待一会 |
[1:13:43] | No. Stay. I’m just going to get some air. | 不 你坐着吧 我去透透气 |
[1:13:58] | If somebody took this place out tonight, | 今晚要是有人把这推平了 |
[1:13:59] | There’d be nobody left to rule the world. | 那这个世界就没有领头人了 |
[1:14:04] | But, Brett, congratulations. | 不过 布雷 恭喜你 |
[1:14:05] | I know how hard you worked for all of this. | 我知道你为此付出了多少心血 |
[1:14:08] | I go by “Bretton” these days. | 现在我比较习惯别人叫我布雷顿 |
[1:14:11] | It’s a beneficiary of a few bull markets. That’s all it takes. | 这是几个牛市带来的收益 就这些而已 |
[1:14:14] | So easy, even a caveman can do it, right? | 很简单 山顶洞人都能做到 是吧 |
[1:14:17] | That’s right. | 是啊 |
[1:14:18] | You make modesty a virtue, Bretton. | 你让谦虚成为一种美德 布雷顿 |
[1:14:22] | The truth is, nobody needs inside information anymore to get rich. | 事实是 现在没人靠内部消息来赚钱了 |
[1:14:27] | All you have to do is stay out of jail. | 只要别被关进监狱就行了 |
[1:14:31] | – Glad to be here, Bretton. – Herb. | -很高兴见到你 布雷顿 -赫布 |
[1:14:33] | Actually, jail was the best thing that ever happened to me. | 实际上 坐牢是我遇到的最好的事了 |
[1:14:37] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[1:14:38] | Got me to think. | 让我有时间思考 |
[1:14:40] | It centers a man. | 找回做人的重点 |
[1:14:43] | I probably should thank whoever put me in there. | 我大概得感谢把我送进监狱的那个人 |
[1:14:49] | You know, I saw you on television the other night. | 你知道吗 有天晚上我在电视上看到你 |
[1:14:52] | You are quite the bear. | 你觉得行情要变熊市了 |
[1:14:55] | You be careful, you know. | 你还是谨慎一点 |
[1:14:56] | Your daughter’s financial health is now in our hands. | 毕竟你女儿的财产现在我们的手上 |
[1:14:59] | – So it is, so it is. – Yeah, it is. | -也是 也是 -是啊 |
[1:15:01] | But your firm knows sub-primes are crap. | 但你也知道次贷这玩意是个废 |
[1:15:05] | The way you keep buying Bernie’s Insurance swaps lately, | 从你最近和伯尼保险的违约交易来看 |
[1:15:09] | I mean, I gotta worry about my grandchildren’s college education. | 我觉得我孙子的大学教育经费都要不保了 |
[1:15:14] | We like insurance. | 我们喜欢保险 |
[1:15:15] | What’s not to like? | 谁不喜欢 |
[1:15:17] | Easy selling crack to kids in a school playground. | 卖保险就跟卖毒品给操场上的孩子一样简单 |
[1:15:20] | Credit default swap is a good idea. | 信用违约交易是个好主意 |
[1:15:22] | It’s the execution that isn’t. | 只是有执行上的问题 |
[1:15:24] | Well, you know what they say. | 你也知道他们怎么说 |
[1:15:26] | Bulls make money, bears make money, | 牛市赚钱 熊市也赚钱 |
[1:15:29] | And the pigs, they get slaughtered. | 至于猪 只能等着被宰 |
[1:15:31] | I thought this was a charity event, Gordon. | 这可是个慈善晚宴 戈登 |
[1:15:34] | Why don’t you go find some? | 你怎么不也去找找你的善心 |
[1:15:37] | Tell you what. | 这么跟你说吧 |
[1:15:38] | I’ll make you a deal, Bretton. | 我要跟你做个交易 布雷顿 |
[1:15:41] | You stop telling lies about me, | 你别再说我坏话 |
[1:15:43] | I’ll stop telling the truth about you. | 我就不揭你的老底 |
[1:15:55] | That’s sad. | 真悲哀 |
[1:15:57] | Isn’t it? | 不是吗 |
[1:15:58] | It’s pathetic. | 真可悲 |
[1:15:59] | That he can’t just take his ball and go home. | 他就是没有自知之名 |
[1:16:02] | He has to piss on the whole game. | 非得把大家都给惹火 |
[1:16:07] | I’m going to go find Winnie. | 我去找薇妮 |
[1:16:08] | Oh, look, by the way, | 对了 |
[1:16:11] | I talked to Wang today. | 我今天跟王谈过了 |
[1:16:14] | I think the chinese are close. Very close. | 我觉得和中国人的生意差不多成了 |
[1:16:19] | In any case, I want to talk to you about the future, | 不管怎样 我想跟你谈谈未来的问题 |
[1:16:21] | About how we’re going to bring this over the top. | 还有我们怎么把这做到最好 |
[1:16:23] | – Sure. – Okay? | -好 -没问题吧 |
[1:16:25] | Tomorrow? | 明天吗 |
[1:16:27] | – Okay. Okay. – All right. | -好的 -好 |
[1:16:45] | He’s a good kid. | 他是个好孩子 |
[1:16:47] | He came from nothing. | 他白手起家 |
[1:16:49] | Hustler, like me. | 是个聪明人 像我 |
[1:16:55] | You think he’s the one for you, Winn? | 你觉得他就是你的真命天子吗 小薇 |
[1:16:58] | Yep. | 是的 |
[1:17:02] | Well, just make sure he’s worthy of you. | 那要确定他配得上你 |
[1:17:04] | Because, whether you like it or not, | 因为 不管你喜不喜欢 |
[1:17:06] | you’re still a Gekko. | 你都是盖柯家的人 |
[1:17:10] | And whether you like it or not | 不管你喜不喜欢 |
[1:17:12] | That name doesn’t mean anything anymore. | 那个名字不再有任何意义了 |
[1:17:18] | Why do you say something like that? | 为什么你非要说这种话 |
[1:17:21] | We had an agreement. | 我们有过约定 |
[1:17:23] | You remember? Last time you came down to see me? | 记得吗 你最后一次来看我的时候 |
[1:17:27] | We were going to take a little trip. | 说等我出狱了 我们就去旅行 |
[1:17:29] | When I got out, you remember that? To Switzerland? | 记得吗 去瑞士 |
[1:17:32] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[1:17:34] | That was before Rudy. | 那是在鲁迪出事之前 |
[1:17:40] | Some of the things that came out after you went away, | 有些事你走了以后才表现出来 |
[1:17:46] | Things you were recorded saying, the affairs? | 那些你被爆出来的丑事 说你有外遇 |
[1:17:50] | That wasn’t you. That wasn’t my father. | 那不是你 那不是我爸爸 |
[1:17:52] | It was some sociopath. | 那只是某个疯子 |
[1:17:53] | – It was nine years ago. – So? | -已经九年了 -所以呢 |
[1:17:55] | When are you going to stop? | 你还要纠结多久 |
[1:18:02] | You got no idea what hell I went through in there. | 你根本不知道我在里面过的什么鬼日子 |
[1:18:05] | Hell, for you? It was hell for you? | 鬼日子 你吗 对你来说是鬼日子吗 |
[1:18:08] | Do you know what you did to rudy? | 你知道你对鲁迪都干了什么 |
[1:18:10] | To all of us? You drove mom mad. | 对我们都干了什么吗 你把妈妈逼疯了 |
[1:18:12] | Winnie, | 薇妮 |
[1:18:14] | he was my only son. | 他是我唯一的儿子 |
[1:18:18] | I tried everything. I put him in the 12-step deal. | 我尽力了 我送他去做12步疗法 |
[1:18:21] | I never told you, I borrowed money from hardcore guys. | 我从没告诉过你 我跟黑道借过钱 |
[1:18:24] | Tens of thousands of dollars, which I didn’t have. | 借了好几万 我根本还不起的数 |
[1:18:28] | I gave it to the best therapist I could find. | 就为了给他找到最好的治疗师 |
[1:18:31] | I even tried to pay off one scumbag dealer | 我甚至给钱那个毒贩 |
[1:18:34] | not to sell any more to my boy! | 让他不要卖毒品给我儿子 |
[1:18:38] | But if you’d been there, dad… | 但如果你在他身边 爸爸 |
[1:18:43] | If you hadn’t been in prison, | 如果你没有进监狱 |
[1:18:46] | It would’ve been different. | 这一切都会不一样 |
[1:18:49] | Winnie, you got no idea | 薇妮 你根本不懂 |
[1:18:53] | how much I beat myself up, | 我有多恨我自己 |
[1:18:55] | how many mistakes I made as a father. | 我是一个多么失败的父亲 |
[1:18:59] | Rudy… | 鲁迪 |
[1:19:01] | He was a victim, you know. Like, he had cancer. | 他是受害者 你也知道 就像得癌症 |
[1:19:04] | You cannot blame me. | 你不能因为这个怪我 |
[1:19:07] | And you gotta stop blaming yourself. | 也不要再怪你自己了 |
[1:19:20] | You’re all I got left, honey. | 我只剩下你了 宝贝 |
[1:19:25] | Nothing else matters. | 其他的一切 都不重要了 |
[1:19:32] | I cannot make it right again, | 我不能挽回这一切 |
[1:19:34] | but I can make things better. | 但我至少能够弥补 |
[1:19:38] | I’m your dad. | 我是你的爸爸 |
[1:19:41] | And whatever you say till the day that I die, | 不管你怎么说 直到我死的那天 |
[1:19:46] | You’re my gal. | 你都是我的女儿 |
[1:19:49] | You’re the only one. | 我唯一的女儿 |
[1:19:52] | You’re my baby. | 我的宝贝 |
[1:19:58] | Please. | 求你了 |
[1:20:01] | Winnie, just try to forgive me. | 薇妮 试着原谅我吧 |
[1:20:20] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[1:20:39] | It’s done, doc. | 搞定了 博士 |
[1:20:41] | Look, you’re an older guy, | 听着 你有点岁数了 |
[1:20:41] | so I don’t want you to have a heart attack. | 做好心理准备 免得心脏病发 |
[1:20:43] | But Bretton James just said | 但布雷顿·詹姆斯刚跟我说 |
[1:20:45] | we’re gonna get a $100 million! | 我们很快就能得到一亿投资 |
[1:20:46] | Are you serious, my boy? | 孩子 你没开玩笑吧 |
[1:20:47] | Yes! | 当然没有 |
[1:20:48] | Bretton says the Chinese are close! | 布雷顿说跟中国人的生意快成了 |
[1:20:50] | But look, you get some sleep, all right? | 听着 你去休息下吧 |
[1:20:52] | You deserve it. | 你应得的 |
[1:20:53] | Thank you, Jacob. | 谢谢你 雅各布 |
[1:20:54] | I’ll talk to you soon. | 我会再回你电话 |
[1:21:34] | There is carnage on wall street. | 华尔街股市大屠杀 |
[1:21:37] | The shares of the major financial stocks plummeting. | 主要金融股票价格急剧下跌 |
[1:21:40] | It’s triggering a major sell-off in the markets. | 引起了市场上的大量抛售 |
[1:21:42] | The damage, widespread. | 损失惨重 |
[1:21:44] | The nasdaq’s plunging. | 纳斯达克指数急剧下跌 |
[1:21:45] | The Dow Jones industrial average is plunging, | 道琼斯工业指数急剧下跌 |
[1:21:46] | and oil is plunging. | 原油价格急剧下跌 |
[1:21:48] | Literally a 180 points just added to the decline. | 截止至目前指数已下跌了一百八十个点 |
[1:21:50] | You can hear the hollering on the floor. | 你可以听到这里的吼叫声 |
[1:21:52] | We’re down 260, literally in a split second. | 几秒之内 又跌二百六十点 |
[1:21:55] | Right now, the Dow Jones industrial average is now 500 points on the decline. | 目前为止道琼斯工业指数下跌了五百点 |
[1:22:00] | The headline of the new housing report is grim | 新房地产报头条指出当前严峻形势下 |
[1:22:02] | that this is shaping up to be the worst. Real estate market in a generation. | 房地产业即将进入历史最差状况 |
[1:22:06] | We are now at the highest point there, 724. | 现在最新最高跌幅为七百二十四点 |
[1:22:08] | That was the biggest loss we’ve seen today. | 这是今天下跌到的最低点 |
[1:22:10] | We’re now in historic territory. | 我们已经处于历史新低 |
[1:22:12] | Investors are getting their heads handed to them | 又一家美国银行濒临破产 |
[1:22:14] | As another US banking institution nears collapse. | 投资者们即将走上末路 |
[1:22:17] | The president’s working group is going into emergency meetings | 总统的工作小组 财政部长 |
[1:22:20] | With the secretary of the treasury and the Federal Reserve Board. | 及美联储正准备召开紧急会议 |
[1:22:32] | The president’s chief of staff is calling back in an hour. | 参谋总长会在一小时后回电 |
[1:22:35] | He’s with the president. | 他正和总统在一起 |
[1:22:37] | And he’s going to want to know what I think we should do. | 他要知道我们下一步该怎么做 |
[1:22:41] | This isn’t Keller Zabel, Bill. | 这可和凯泽的局面不同 比尔 |
[1:22:45] | This is too big to fail. | 牵涉面太广 我们倒不起 |
[1:22:48] | This is just an insane situation. | 局面已经失去了控制 |
[1:22:50] | This is now. | 现状就是这样 |
[1:22:51] | There’s about 70-plus trillion out there in credit default swaps held by roughly 17 banks. | 17家银行手握70多兆的信贷违约掉期 |
[1:22:56] | And we do not know where the bottom is. | 我们不知道究竟会有多少收不回来 |
[1:22:59] | How much are you guys thinking? | 你们觉得是多少 |
[1:23:02] | At least five. | 至少五千 |
[1:23:04] | I think six. | 我觉得是六千 |
[1:23:06] | Bill, I frankly think Harry and Charlie are low. | 比尔 老实说 我觉得哈里和查理都估低了 |
[1:23:09] | I think we’re talking seven, eight. | 在我看来是七八千 |
[1:23:12] | Hundred billion? | 七八千亿吗 |
[1:23:19] | Selling this to congress is the problem. | 要说服国会是个大问题 |
[1:23:22] | They’re going to want to know where the money’s going. | 他们要知道钱都去哪儿了 |
[1:23:24] | They’ll jawbone this to death. | 肯定会紧咬这点不放 |
[1:23:29] | – Scare them. – How? | -吓他们 -怎么做 |
[1:23:32] | Tell them the truth. | 告诉他们真相 |
[1:23:34] | The government’s got to restore confidence. | 政府必须重振市场信心 |
[1:23:37] | If we don’t stop the bleeding, in three days, | 如果再不控制局面 三天后 |
[1:23:40] | Half the banks in this room are out of business. | 在座的一半人就要破产了 |
[1:23:43] | And in five days, we’re all gone. | 五天后 咱都得完蛋 |
[1:23:47] | You men realize what you’ve done here? | 你们知道自己在做什么吗 |
[1:23:52] | You are asking for the biggest bailout in the history of this country. | 你们要的是美国史上最大规模的财政援助 |
[1:23:58] | You’re talking nationalization, Bretton. | 你是在要求国有化 布雷顿 |
[1:24:01] | Socialism. | 社会主义 |
[1:24:05] | I have fought it all my life. | 我这一生都在与其抗争 |
[1:24:10] | And if we don’t get it, Bill, | 如果不这么做 比尔 |
[1:24:13] | There won’t be any history. | 历史就到此为止了 |
[1:24:15] | Music stops. | 音乐停止 |
[1:24:18] | Ball’s over. | 没的玩了 |
[1:24:23] | Julie? | 裘利你呢 |
[1:24:26] | 1929. | 相对1929年的大萧条 |
[1:24:30] | It’ll get worse now, because it’ll go faster. | 这次更加严重 因为其速度更快 |
[1:24:34] | Money markets will dry up around the world by the end of the week. | 一周内 全世界的金融市场都会玩完 |
[1:24:38] | ATMs will stop spitting bills. | 自动取款机无钞可出 |
[1:24:43] | Federal deposit insurance will collapse. | 联邦储蓄保险将会瓦解 |
[1:24:46] | Banks will close. | 银行全部倒闭 |
[1:24:49] | Mobs, panic. | 人心惶惶 |
[1:24:54] | It’s going to be the end of the world, Bill. | 那会是世界末日 比尔 |
[1:25:01] | See? | 明白吗 |
[1:25:09] | All right, boys. | 好吧 伙计们 |
[1:25:12] | You’ll hear from us tonight. | 今晚给你们答复 |
[1:25:17] | What is going to happen here? | 接下来会怎样 |
[1:25:19] | Does government have to get involved? | 政府会干预吗 |
[1:25:20] | Are we potentially at a point where we might actually lose the financial system as we know it? | 我们是不是要失去现有的金融体系了 |
[1:25:25] | If the government doesn’t get involved, | 如果政府不干预 |
[1:25:27] | There is a risk of a global meltdown of the global financial system. | 全球金融体系都将彻底崩溃 |
[1:25:30] | This is a financial crisis, | 金融危机已经来临 |
[1:25:32] | And anyone who doesn ‘t admit that is just kidding themselves. | 不肯面对这一现实的人是在自欺欺人 |
[1:25:35] | Polly, I disagree. | 保利 我反对 |
[1:25:37] | You’ve gotta get the government to say no in a situation like this. | 我们必须阻止政府干预 |
[1:25:39] | True capitalism is about disaster and correction. | 资本主义的真谛就在于市场波动与重建 |
[1:25:42] | It’s a natural cycle. | 这是一种自然循环 |
[1:25:43] | Without it, you create all kinds of artificial anomalies in the market. | 不然的话市场将成为人为的畸形市场 |
[1:25:46] | But if we don ‘t fix this now, | 但是如果不立即解决 |
[1:25:47] | You’re going to have… | 后果将… |
[1:25:49] | This is something this country hasn ‘t experienced before. | 我们国家面临着前所未有的挑战 |
[1:25:52] | It’s an economic pearl harbor. | 是一场经济上的珍珠港重创 |
[1:25:54] | We got to figure out some way to put the fire out. | 我们必须想办法挽救国家于水火 |
[1:25:56] | And that means government… | 这就要求政府… |
[1:26:03] | Your father predicted this. | 全让你父亲说中了 |
[1:26:08] | When I was little, | 我小时候 |
[1:26:10] | I’d hear my dad in the kitchen late at night. | 半夜听见爸爸在厨房 |
[1:26:15] | His case was on appeal. | 那时他的案子正在上诉 |
[1:26:19] | I’d go and sit with him. We’d eat ice cream. | 我去坐在他旁边 和他一起吃冰欺凌 |
[1:26:23] | I never knew him as a peaceful person. | 我从没想想过他会这么平静 |
[1:26:28] | It always scared me. | 我总是感到很害怕 |
[1:26:31] | This is scary. | 这才可怕 |
[1:26:34] | What’s going to happen? | 接下来会怎样 |
[1:26:38] | It’ll be the end. | 一切都完了 |
[1:26:43] | Well, that’s unacceptable. | 那太让人难以接受了 |
[1:26:47] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[1:26:49] | Because I’m pregnant, Jake. | 因为我怀孕了 雅各 |
[1:27:01] | – You’re pregnant? – Yeah. | -你怀孕了 -是呀 |
[1:27:09] | When the lake’s on fire | 当湖水迸出火焰 |
[1:27:13] | That’s fantastic. | 太棒了 |
[1:27:14] | With all the world’s desires | 承载着全世界的期盼 |
[1:27:18] | Compact, relaxed | 小巧 悠闲 |
[1:27:23] | Intact, give thanks | 无瑕 感激 |
[1:27:28] | I’m counting all the possibilities | 我细数一切的奇迹 |
[1:27:39] | And we are talking on the s&p 500 | 标准普尔500指数显示 |
[1:27:41] | A loss of almost eight percent in one day, | 股价在一天中下降了8个百分点 |
[1:27:44] | Surpassing september 17th, 2001. | 下跌幅度超过2001年9月17日 |
[1:27:47] | That’s the day markets opened after the attacks of 9/1 1. | 即911后股市重新开盘的那天 |
[1:27:50] | …Last night on wall street | 昨晚从华尔街开始 |
[1:27:52] | And swept through Japan, China, India and Europe | 一路席卷日本 中国 印度和欧洲 |
[1:27:55] | After one of the worst days on global stock markets in modern times. | 这是近代证券史上最黑暗的一天 |
[1:28:44] | They said your office. | 他们说是去你办公室 |
[1:28:47] | It’s too depressing today. This is my other office. | 今天太郁闷了 这是我另一间办公室 |
[1:28:52] | This might be dangerous. Think you can keep up? | 可能有点危险 能跟上我吗 |
[1:28:55] | World’s crashing anyway. We’ll see, right? | 反正世界都要毁灭了 走着瞧吧 |
[1:30:20] | That’s not bad, Jake. | 不赖嘛 雅各 |
[1:30:22] | Though I think they might have given you the faster bike. | 他们是不是给了你辆好车 |
[1:30:25] | I’m sure that’s what it was. | 肯定是 |
[1:30:29] | You know, | 知道吗 |
[1:30:30] | I’ve always believed that a man should have, | 我一直觉得 一个男人在他一生中 |
[1:30:32] | At one time or another in his life, | 应该有个导师 |
[1:30:34] | Both a mentor and a protege. | 同时也该做个导师 |
[1:30:37] | Who’s yours? | 你的导师是谁 |
[1:30:38] | The man who brought me into Churchill Schwartz. | 他带我进的丘吉尔·施瓦茨 |
[1:30:40] | Bill Clark at treasury. | 财政部的比尔·克拉克 |
[1:30:42] | He’s been a good friend to us during this crisis. | 他在这次危机中一直帮着咱们 |
[1:30:46] | You got the makings of a leader, Jake. | 你很有领导潜质 雅各 |
[1:30:48] | I just want you to know, there’s no hard feelings on this. | 我只是想让你明白 没什么好介意 |
[1:30:52] | No one’s going to lose. | 谁都不会有损失 |
[1:30:54] | With Clark in, I think we’re in good shape. | 有克拉克这个同盟 咱们定能全身而退 |
[1:30:57] | You got a great future. | 你的前途不可限量 |
[1:30:58] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂 |
[1:31:01] | Didn’t you read this morning’s capital breakdown? | 你没看今早的资产明细表吗 |
[1:31:03] | No, I came right up to the roof. Why? What happened? | 没有 我直接去楼顶停机坪了 怎么了 |
[1:31:08] | Look, the Chinese money, it’s going to Babaco Solar. | 是这样 中国人决定给巴巴可太阳能投资了 |
[1:31:16] | – What? – We took another look | -什么 -我们仔细研究过 |
[1:31:18] | And we just don’t think United Fusion is ever gonna achieve what they claim. | 联合聚变公司完不成他们的目标 |
[1:31:20] | Babaco needs this money to build these three fabrications… | 巴巴可需要这笔钱建三个厂房… |
[1:31:23] | You might as well just burn the money, Bretton. | 那还不如直接把钱烧了 布雷顿 |
[1:31:24] | You told me, I told Dr. Masters. He’s expecting it. | 我都告诉麦斯特博士了 他还等着这笔钱呢 |
[1:31:27] | The decision’s been made. | 已经板上钉钉了 |
[1:31:29] | Unless you want it to die. | 是你想致其于死地吧 |
[1:31:32] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[1:31:33] | Seawater is in a lot more supply than crude. Right, Bretton? | 石油可比海水紧俏多了吧 布雷顿 |
[1:31:37] | You an idealist or a capitalist, Jacob? | 你是理想主义者还是资本家 雅各布 |
[1:31:38] | I’m a realist. | 我是现实主义者 |
[1:31:41] | You’re a real piece of work, Bretton. | 你可真是了不起呀 布雷顿 |
[1:31:43] | You’re giving the money to Babaco because it’s a hustle. | 你给巴巴可投资 就是想借机收购 |
[1:31:45] | It’s all inside. That’s why your oil companies are safe, right? | 全是内幕交易 所以你的石油公司平安无事吧 |
[1:31:48] | The mentor-protege relationship is not emotional over anything. | 导师和学徒之间不能让情绪左右 |
[1:31:54] | I thought you might be a good addition to the Churchill Schwartz team. | 我觉得你能在丘施大展拳脚 |
[1:31:57] | – Am I mistaken? – Let me tell you something, Bretton. | -没错吧 -你听好了 布雷顿 |
[1:31:58] | You are not my mentor. Louise Zabel was. | 我的导师不是你 是卢易斯·泽贝 |
[1:32:00] | And whether you admit it or not, | 还有 不管是你否承认 |
[1:32:02] | Your raid destroyed Zabel and forced him to suicide. | 是你毁了凯泽 他的自杀是你一手造成 |
[1:32:05] | So you may talk about moral hazard. You are the moral hazard. | 你满口仁义道德 其实你就是道德风险 |
[1:32:09] | You are the worst kind of toxic debt this system’s polluted with. | 你才是污染金融体系的最大毒债 |
[1:32:15] | Is this a threat? | 你在威胁我吗 |
[1:32:16] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[1:32:25] | This is so disappointing. | 太令人失望了 |
[1:32:28] | I really saw so much in you, Jacob. | 我那么看好你 雅各布 |
[1:32:32] | You should look in the mirror first. See yourself. | 你该先照照镜子 瞧瞧你自己 |
[1:32:34] | It might scare you, Bretton. | 小心吓到自己 布雷顿 |
[1:32:42] | Consider the motorcycle part of your severance. | 就把机车当作你的辞退金好了 |
[1:32:44] | Fuck you, Bretton! | 你去死吧 布雷顿 |
[1:32:52] | – Here you are. – Thanks a lot. | -给 -谢谢 |
[1:32:54] | Hi. For Elise. | 您好 给爱丽丝 |
[1:32:55] | “For Elise.” | “给爱丽丝” |
[1:32:56] | And can I ask you a question, Mr. Gekko? | 我能问您个问题吗 盖柯先生 |
[1:32:58] | Certainly, Elise. | 当然 爱丽丝 |
[1:32:59] | What exactly is “moral hazard”? | 到底什么叫”道德风险” |
[1:33:01] | He screwed me. | 他玩儿我 |
[1:33:03] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[1:33:05] | Shocker. | 深表震惊 |
[1:33:06] | He saw that fusion was actually possible, so he killed it. | 他看出聚能大有可为 所以把它扼杀了 |
[1:33:09] | Well, that’s a little far-fetched. | 这有点牵强 |
[1:33:11] | But then, these days, anything is possible. | 不过 这年头 一切皆有可能 |
[1:33:14] | Well, I quit, Gordon. | 我辞职了 戈登 |
[1:33:16] | That’s really going to help. I’ll see you outside in 15 minutes. | 那可真是帮大忙了 15分钟后门外见 |
[1:33:21] | Moral hazard, that’s when somebody | 道德风险是指 有人拿走你的钱 |
[1:33:24] | Takes your money and is not responsible for it. | 却不为此负责 |
[1:33:28] | This guy James, he must walk between raindrops. | 詹姆斯这家伙 运气一直很好 |
[1:33:32] | He’s a monkey dancing on a razorblade. | 他能在刀尖上耍猴戏 |
[1:33:35] | Not only did he start the rumors at Zabel to get your bank for peanuts, | 他不仅散播谣言 不费吹灰之力收购凯泽 |
[1:33:40] | The guy was trading for his own account in this Locust Fund. | 他还给自己在蝗虫基金的账户做生意 |
[1:33:43] | – He was? – He was. | -真的吗 -当然 |
[1:33:44] | And he was betting against the market that he was making. | 他还逆向投资 认定市场会下跌 |
[1:33:48] | But the kicker is, so was his firm. | 最让人震惊的是 他的公司也这么干 |
[1:33:52] | Churchill Schwartz was shorting sub-primes? | 丘吉尔·施瓦茨也卖空了次贷吗 |
[1:33:55] | Yeah, for the last two years they’ve been hedging. | 没错 两年来他们一直在做对冲 |
[1:33:58] | Not just sub-primes. Primes, indexes, the whole thing. | 不只是次贷 还有一贷 指数 所有一切 |
[1:34:03] | But they knew this home loan fantasy was going to collapse the market. | 他们知道房贷泡沫会拖垮整个市场 |
[1:34:08] | And when they did, they got the Feds to bail out their bad insurance swaps, | 而到时美联储会出面给与财政援助 |
[1:34:13] | a 100 cents on the dollar. | 他们没有任何损失 |
[1:34:15] | I mean, talk about an evil empire. This puts me to shame. | 说起邪恶集团 真是让我自叹不如 |
[1:34:19] | And I’m small-time compared to these crooks. | 跟他们比起来 我只是小巫见大巫 |
[1:34:24] | The system is insolvent if no one knows what to do next | 如果拿不出对策 整个金融体系将会瓦解 |
[1:34:27] | Except repeat the insanity till the next bubble blows. | 疯狂的局面会不段重覆 直到下个泡沬崩溃 |
[1:34:32] | That’ll be the one. The big one. | 会是一个巨大的泡沫 |
[1:34:35] | The tipping point, just like the tulip. | 一个转折点 就和郁金香一样 |
[1:34:38] | We could still go after James on this. Just bring it all out. | 我们可以继续追查詹姆斯 然后公之于众 |
[1:34:42] | Easy, trigger. | 放轻松 年轻人 |
[1:34:44] | Media is not going to get in the way of Churchill or the government. | 媒体才不会和丘施或是政府过不去 |
[1:34:48] | They want their profits just like the rest of us. | 他们只想要利益 就和我们一样 |
[1:34:50] | It’s unethical, but it’s not illegal. | 这是不道德 可并不违法 |
[1:34:53] | When everyone’s running for the lifeboats, who’s going to care? | 现在人人自危 谁还管这些 |
[1:34:56] | Maybe some little leftist website? | 那小型的左翼网站呢 |
[1:34:59] | Your daughter will run it. It’ll get some play. | 你的女儿能运作这事 没准有效果 |
[1:35:06] | Look, Bretton is not an enemy a kid like you wants to have for life. | 听着 你这种毛头小子可对付不了布雷顿 |
[1:35:10] | Just get out of this racket. | 别再搅这潭浑水 |
[1:35:12] | Settle down with Winnie. Live a happy life somewhere. | 找个地方 和薇妮好好过日子 |
[1:35:15] | What? | 什么 |
[1:35:16] | Well, you know, she’s got enough money. | 你知道的 她有的是钱 |
[1:35:18] | – What do you mean? – You’re smart. | -什么意思 -你很聪明 |
[1:35:21] | You’ll come up with another way to slice bread. | 再找个糊口的行当很容易 |
[1:35:22] | What money? | 什么钱 |
[1:35:24] | My money. | 我的钱 |
[1:35:26] | Stop playing it dumb, will you, Jake? I know you know. | 别装傻了 雅各 我知道你都了解 |
[1:35:29] | Know what? | 了解什么 |
[1:35:32] | Are you telling me that you’re not the only one in this relationship keeping a secret? | 你是说她也没有对你完全坦白吗 |
[1:35:38] | Hold on a second. What money, Gordon? | 等等 什么钱 戈登 |
[1:35:42] | Switzerland. | 在瑞士 |
[1:35:43] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[1:35:46] | It’s close to $1 00 million by now. | 现在该有一亿美元了吧 |
[1:35:53] | What do you say we split a cab? | 一起叫辆的士吧 |
[1:36:02] | I set it up as a swiss account in the ’80s before all the trouble. | 80年代我在瑞士开了个账户 那时我还没出事 |
[1:36:06] | Hey, chief. | 嘿 伙计 |
[1:36:08] | Look, I’ll pay you extra. Just slow down. | 我多付你点钱 慢点开 |
[1:36:10] | Can you… can you… | 你能不能 你 |
[1:36:11] | When she was 18, I told her she would come into it all | 她18岁时 我跟她说 等她到了25岁 |
[1:36:15] | When she turned 25. | 这钱就都是她的了 |
[1:36:17] | And she agreed to stake me when I got out. | 而她答应在我出狱后赡养我 |
[1:36:21] | Then Rudy died, and she reneged. | 可鲁迪死后 她就食言了 |
[1:36:24] | She never visited me again. | 她再没来看望过我 |
[1:36:27] | She told me she had a small trust from you and her mom, | 她说她父母给了她一笔很小的信托基金 |
[1:36:29] | but she didn’t care anything about it. | 可她一点都不在乎 |
[1:36:31] | She was going to give it to charity when she was 25. | 她打算25岁时捐给慈善事业 |
[1:36:33] | Well, it’s easy for her to say. She never earned it. | 她说得倒轻巧 又不是她的血汗钱 |
[1:36:37] | And now you want it for your fusion delusion. | 现在你要这笔钱投入到你的聚变事业中 |
[1:36:40] | But it’s a trust. I mean, she couldn’t break into it before she was 25 anyway. | 可那是信托基金呀 她没到25岁就不能取出来 |
[1:36:44] | Are you as dumb as you sound? Anything can be revoked. | 你是真傻还是装傻 一切都可以撤回 |
[1:36:47] | They don’t get trusts in Switzerland. | 瑞士又没有信托基金 |
[1:36:49] | It’s an account, that’s all. | 就是个账户而已 |
[1:36:51] | I know the bank well. They’ll work with me. | 我跟银行很熟 他们会配合我 |
[1:36:55] | But you still need her signature, of course. | 可你还是需要她的签名 |
[1:36:59] | When it comes to money, sport, your eyes suddenly shine, | 一提到钱和运动 你就两眼放光 |
[1:37:02] | Just like mine. | 跟我一样 |
[1:37:06] | Great! Saved another life, huh? | 太好了 你又救人一命 |
[1:37:09] | Asshole! | 混蛋 |
[1:37:10] | Are you crazy? You want to die? Huh? | 你疯了吗 找死啊 |
[1:37:17] | How do we do this? | 要怎么做 |
[1:37:21] | She goes with you to switzerland, | 她和你一起去瑞士 |
[1:37:23] | She signs the account over to your control | 把账户转到你名下 |
[1:37:25] | Then you give me the money and I’ll get it to the States for you. | 你把钱给我 我把钱转回美国 |
[1:37:28] | You mean launder it? | 你是说洗钱吗 |
[1:37:30] | Look, pal, you want the IRS on Winnie? | 你想让税务局找上薇妮吗 |
[1:37:33] | Because you damn well know she is complicit and seriously liable. | 你清楚 她可算是同谋 还负有严重责任 |
[1:37:37] | All right? You want the money? | 好吧 你还想要钱吗 |
[1:37:57] | – Hi. – How are you? | -嗨 -你好 |
[1:37:58] | Can I talk to you for a second? | 能出来谈谈吗 |
[1:38:00] | Yeah. I’ll be back in a sec. | 好呀 马上就回来 |
[1:38:04] | Why didn’t you tell me about the $1 00 million? | 为什么不告诉我你有一亿美元 |
[1:38:11] | How did you find… how did you find out in the first place? | 你怎么…你怎么发现的 |
[1:38:15] | Did you talk to my father? | 你跟我父亲谈过了吗 |
[1:38:17] | I found out because Churchill Schwartz’s international trading desk | 因为丘吉尔·施瓦茨的国际贸易平台 |
[1:38:19] | Handles some of the money, and your name came up,along with Gordon Gekko. | 经手了一部分资金 我发现了你和盖柯的名字 |
[1:38:22] | I never considered it mine. I was 14. | 我从没把那当我的钱 我才14岁 |
[1:38:25] | I was a minor when he set it up. | 他开户时我还未成年 |
[1:38:26] | Yeah, but you didn’t do anything with the money when you turned into a major, did you? | 你成年后也没动过那笔钱吧 |
[1:38:29] | – I was going to give it to charity. – Really? – Yeah. | -我想把它捐了 -真的吗 -对 |
[1:38:31] | What were you gonna do, launder the money yourself, Winnie? | 你想怎么办 自己洗钱吗 薇妮 |
[1:38:33] | What was your plan? | 你怎么打算的 |
[1:38:35] | I didn’t think about it. | 我从没想过 |
[1:38:37] | – You didn’t think about it? – It was my father’s money. | -你从没想过 -那是我父亲的钱 |
[1:38:39] | – You know how he got it. – No, you’re wrong. It’s your money. | -你知道那是不义之财 -你错了 那是你的钱 |
[1:38:41] | It’s $1 00 million of your money. | 是你的一亿美元 |
[1:38:43] | Do you know what that means? | 知道那意味着什么吗 |
[1:38:45] | That’s five years in jail. | 五年的牢狱之灾 |
[1:38:47] | You’re gonna get busted with him for tax fraud. | 你会因为骗税和他一起坐牢 |
[1:38:49] | This is serious, Winnie. | 事情很严重 薇妮 |
[1:38:59] | You could do something good with this money. | 你能用这钱做点好事 |
[1:39:03] | This is more than just charity, Winn. | 这可比慈善重要得多 小薇 |
[1:39:07] | You might want to wipe some of the drool off your face, Jake. | 你还是先擦擦你那贪婪的口水吧 雅各 |
[1:39:10] | Winnie, if it wasn’t important, | 薇妮 如果这不重要 |
[1:39:11] | I’d totally understand, but it is. | 我百分百理解你 可这很重要 |
[1:39:13] | You know that fusion just might work. | 你知道 聚变这项目可行 |
[1:39:15] | I know it sounds like star wars, love, | 可能听起来像星球大战 亲爱的 |
[1:39:17] | But if it weren’t for crazy people | 可若不是这些疯狂的人 |
[1:39:18] | Who thought these crazy things | 想出这些疯狂的点子 |
[1:39:19] | Then where would we be in this world? Nowhere. | 我们现在会是什么 什么都不是 |
[1:39:23] | Huh? | 对吧 |
[1:39:24] | Winnie, dr. Masters is a genius. He’s a pioneer. | 薇妮 麦斯特博士是个天才 是个先锋 |
[1:39:28] | They might just solve this thing. It could change the world. | 他们会做出成果 这会改变世界 |
[1:39:30] | Yeah, okay. Is this about changing the world or making money? | 好吧 这是在改变世界还是在赚钱 |
[1:39:32] | Because you come into my office, pitching to me. | 你走进我的办公室 向我兜售 |
[1:39:34] | You sound like a wall street guy. | 俨然一个华尔街的银行家 |
[1:39:35] | Hold on for a second! I am a wall street guy. | 你等一下 我就是华尔街的银行家 |
[1:39:38] | I am and I’m good at this. | 我不仅是 而且善于此道 |
[1:39:40] | And I believe in this. And you know that I do. | 我相信我的事业 你懂的 |
[1:39:42] | What do you wanna do, just report the news for the rest of your life | 你想干什么 一辈子做小记者吗 |
[1:39:45] | Or do you want to make the news? This is your opportunity. | 还是要制造新闻 这是你的机会 |
[1:39:46] | It’s your chance to shine. | 你闪光的时刻到了 |
[1:39:49] | To be Captain America. | 当一回美国队长[漫画超级英雄] |
[1:39:55] | This is the most charitable you could ever be in your life! | 这才是你一生中做的最大的慈善 |
[1:40:06] | You honestly believe in this? | 你真的相信这能行吗 |
[1:40:10] | Let’s say I could… | 我能… |
[1:40:11] | Let’s say I could get the money now, hypothetically, right? | 假设 现在我能拿到这笔钱 |
[1:40:13] | Not that you care about the money. | 我不是说你在乎钱 |
[1:40:14] | But let’s say I could take out a loan against it, | 我可以从你那里贷款 |
[1:40:16] | Minimize your risk as much as possible. | 尽量降低你的风险 |
[1:40:19] | Would you do this for me, Winn? | 你愿意帮我吗 小薇 |
[1:40:24] | Would you do this for me? | 愿意帮我吗 |
[1:40:53] | Very well, Miss Gekko. | 好的 盖柯小姐 |
[1:40:54] | We will have your father co-sign | 我们会取得您父亲的签名 |
[1:40:55] | And we will see to it that the funds are transferred. | 并安排好转账的全部事宜 |
[1:40:57] | – Thank you. – Danke schon, Miss Gekko. | -谢谢 -不客气 盖柯小姐 |
[1:41:00] | – Mr. Moore. – Yes? | -莫尔先生 -什么事 |
[1:41:01] | Mr. Gekko asked that you call him in New York as soon as this meeting is over. | 盖柯先生让您办完事后马上往纽约给他打电话 |
[1:41:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:41:08] | So I’ll take care of the rest of this. You go back to the hotel. | 剩下的我来处理 你回酒店吧 |
[1:41:10] | – All right. – I just got the confirmation. | -好的 -刚刚得到确认 |
[1:41:11] | We’re on the direct flight to New York in the morning. | 咱们明天一早就直接飞回纽约 |
[1:41:13] | Great. | 太好了 |
[1:41:15] | – Great news on the loft. – Oh, yeah? | -关于阁楼有个好消息 -什么 |
[1:41:17] | Yeah, I got a buyer. So one less thing in our lives, right? | 找到了买家 又解决了一个问题吧 |
[1:41:20] | I kind of like the feeling. | 我喜欢这感觉 |
[1:41:21] | Yeah, so do I. | 是呀 我也是 |
[1:41:22] | I’ll see you over there. | 一会儿见 |
[1:41:23] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:41:33] | Hey, anyone can figure out life when you’re looking back on it. | 我们回首过去 总是能看个明明白白 |
[1:41:37] | But we got to live it going forward. Right, Jakie? | 可过日子却得向前看 对吧 小雅各 |
[1:41:41] | Besides, four-and-a-half is great in this market. | 而且吧 45万已经卖得不低了 |
[1:41:45] | Yeah, except I owe six to the bank. | 是呀 可我欠银行6万块 |
[1:41:46] | When do I have to be out of here? | 我需要什么时候搬走 |
[1:41:48] | You got three months more. | 再给你三个月时间 |
[1:41:50] | By the way, I had to throw in the furniture. | 顺便说一句 我连家具也一起卖了 |
[1:41:54] | What there was of it. | 反正也没几件 |
[1:41:57] | Did you want me to have a yard sale here for you? | 还要我帮你把这些旧货甩卖了吗 |
[1:42:01] | Here. Take it. Here’s your pen. | 给 拿好了 还有你的笔 |
[1:42:11] | Jake… | 雅各 |
[1:42:12] | Dolores was just leaving. | 多洛蕾丝马上就走 |
[1:42:20] | Hello to you, too, honey. Don’t forget. Three months, honey. | 你也好呀 亲爱的 别忘了 三个月 亲爱的 |
[1:42:30] | Bastards changed the locks. | 那帮混蛋换锁了 |
[1:42:32] | You weren’t servicing the loans, ma. | 你没还贷款 妈妈 |
[1:42:33] | Well, they lied to me. | 他们把我骗了 |
[1:42:34] | They told me they were going to give me more time. | 他们说好了再多给我些日子 |
[1:42:36] | Well, they’re not, okay? They’re panicking. | 不会的 好吧 他们害怕了 |
[1:42:38] | Everyone is panicking. | 所有人都人心惶惶 |
[1:42:38] | They’re gonna throw it in the market | 他们会扔回到市场上 |
[1:42:40] | And take what they can get for it, ma. | 看看能赚回多少 妈 |
[1:42:41] | But it’s not even finished yet. | 可是都没盖好呢 |
[1:42:43] | And that’s not all. Look. | 还有别的 看 |
[1:42:46] | – It’s the other properties, mom. – Yeah. | -是其他处房产 我的妈呀 -是的 |
[1:42:48] | No, but they said they were gonna give me a little more time. | 不 他们说会多给我些时间 |
[1:42:50] | And all I need is a 1 1 0 grand, | 我只需要11万 |
[1:42:52] | And then that way, I can keep all three properties in play. | 这样一来 就能保全这三处房产了 |
[1:42:55] | – I know you have it, Jake. – I don’t have it, mom. | -我知道你有钱 雅各 -我没钱 妈妈 |
[1:42:57] | – You have it, Jacob. – I don’t have it, | -你有 雅各布 -我没有 |
[1:42:59] | And I wouldn’t give it to you if I did have it. | 就算有 我也不给你 |
[1:43:01] | What am I supposed to do? | 那我怎么办呀 |
[1:43:02] | You know what moral hazard is, ma? | 知道什么叫道德风险吗 妈妈 |
[1:43:04] | – You know what that means? – No. | -知道是什么意思吗 -不知道 |
[1:43:05] | It means that once you get bailed out, | 就是说 我一直不断援助你 |
[1:43:06] | what’s to stop you from taking another shot? | 你就怎么也不会吸取教训 |
[1:43:08] | But I… | 可我… |
[1:43:09] | I’m in trouble, mom. I am in trouble right now. | 我现在有麻烦了 妈妈 我也很需要钱 |
[1:43:11] | I’m taking a huge hit on the loft, | 卖这阁楼我亏了一大笔 |
[1:43:12] | I just sold my bike for nothing | 摩托车都贱卖了 |
[1:43:13] | and now, again, I’m writing you a check, Mom. | 我现在又要签支票给你 妈 |
[1:43:16] | It’s ridiculous. | 这真荒唐 |
[1:43:18] | This is $30,000 that I barely have. | 这是3万块 我就这么多了 |
[1:43:21] | – But that’s not enough, honey. – Ma, I love you, | -可这还不够啊 宝贝 -妈 我爱你 |
[1:43:23] | but I cannot keep hemorrhaging money for your insanity. | 可我不能老因为你的疯狂而大出血 |
[1:43:25] | What you need to do is you need to go back to Henry. | 你应该回到亨利身边 |
[1:43:27] | You need to get another job, okay? | 你得再找份工作 好吗 |
[1:43:28] | But this is my job. I have a job. | 可这就是我的工作啊 我有工作 |
[1:43:30] | What do you… Oh, my God. | 你什么意思 天哪 |
[1:43:32] | You mean like a real job with a boss? | 你是说让我去给人打工吗 |
[1:43:33] | Yes, a real job. | 是的 找份正经工作 |
[1:43:34] | – I’m too old to get a… – I’m sorry, Ma, | -我是不是老了点 -对不起 妈 |
[1:43:36] | you got to start at some point. | 你总得从哪里开始才行 |
[1:43:37] | You got to start now. I can’t keep carrying you forever. | 你得从现在开始 不能老让我罩着你 |
[1:43:41] | You’re not the only one who’s in trouble, Ma. Please. | 有麻烦的不止你一个 老妈 拜托 |
[1:43:44] | Hello? | 喂 |
[1:43:45] | Hey, Jake. We have a problem. | 雅各 出了点问题 |
[1:43:49] | Go ahead. | 接着说 |
[1:43:50] | I don’t know what happened. My CFO says the money hasn’t arrived yet. | 不知怎么回事 财务总监说钱还没到帐 |
[1:43:56] | Yeah, but it was sent yesterday. | 可是昨天就汇过去了 |
[1:43:58] | It should have been there before the Fedwire closed at 6:00. | 联邦电汇系统6点关闭前就该到帐了 |
[1:44:01] | Well, maybe there’s been some sort of mistake. It was a large amount. | 不会出了什么岔子吧 那可是一大笔钱 |
[1:44:08] | Okay, just sit tight. | 这样 你先别急 |
[1:44:09] | All right? | 好吗 |
[1:44:11] | Jesus. | 天哪 |
[1:44:19] | A few days? In this city that’s nothing. | 几天而已 在这地方很正常吧 |
[1:44:22] | Mr. Gekko is good tenant. | 盖柯先生是个好房客 |
[1:44:25] | I appreciate it. | 非常感谢 |
[1:44:48] | A fisherman always sees another fisherman from afar. | 两个同道中人 总能一眼就认出对方 |
[1:44:58] | Winnie’s all I got left. You understand that? | 薇妮就是我的所有了 你明白吗 |
[1:45:04] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[1:45:05] | Close to $1 00 million by now. | 现在该有一亿美元了吧 |
[1:45:10] | Don’t go back in there, Jake. | 别回去找他 雅各 |
[1:45:16] | This is who he is. | 他就是这种人 |
[1:45:20] | I did tell you, Jake. | 我早跟你说过 雅各 |
[1:45:23] | I did warn you. | 我警告过你 |
[1:45:26] | I lied to you, Winnie. | 我对你撒谎了 薇妮 |
[1:45:34] | I’ve been in contact with your father behind your back. | 我一直背着你跟你爸联系 |
[1:45:42] | After we saw him at the dinner, | 在我们和他吃饭之后 |
[1:45:45] | before you gave me the money. | 和你给我钱之前这段时间 |
[1:45:59] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:46:03] | Because I thought it was the best thing for you, you know. For us. | 因为我觉得这对我们都好 |
[1:46:17] | I just wanted to… | 我只是想… |
[1:46:26] | You’re like him. | 你和他一样 |
[1:46:30] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry, Winnie. | 对不起 对不起 薇妮 |
[1:46:35] | I’ll make it up to you. I promise I’ll get the money back. | 我会弥补的 我一定会把钱追回来 |
[1:46:38] | I don’t care about the money, Jake! This is not about the money. | 我才不在乎那些钱 雅各 这不是钱的事 |
[1:46:42] | This is about you and me, and we are not good anymore. | 这关系到你和我 这下我们不再亲密无间了 |
[1:46:48] | Winn, we are good. Come on. | 小薇 我们仍然亲密 别这样 |
[1:46:52] | We are good. | 我们仍然亲密无间 |
[1:46:53] | Come on, Winn. We’re good. | 别这样 小薇 我们仍然亲密 |
[1:46:55] | No. | 不 |
[1:46:59] | We’re supposed to make each other feel safe. | 我们在一起就是要能相互信赖 |
[1:47:03] | Otherwise, what’s the point? | 不然还有什么意思 |
[1:47:12] | It’s gone, Jake. | 我们完了 雅各 |
[1:47:15] | It’s not. Please don’t. | 不会的 别这样 |
[1:47:17] | Take it. | 拿走 |
[1:47:24] | Come on, Winn. | 别这样 小薇 |
[1:47:27] | Please go. | 请你走吧 |
[1:47:30] | Please. | 求你了 |
[1:47:32] | Go. | 走 |
[1:47:40] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:48:15] | China, India, Brazil. Silver, oil, copper, I want to own it all. | 中国印度巴西 白银原油铜 我统统想要 |
[1:48:20] | Buy me Churchill Schwartz, | 给我买丘施银行的股票 |
[1:48:23] | and get me updates on the other financials. | 其他金融动态也报给我 |
[1:48:25] | I’m looking for deals. Only good deals. | 我在寻找交易 赚大钱的交易 |
[1:48:28] | Just ride the trends. Just don’t try too hard for the turns. | 要掌握大势 切勿盲目追高杀低 |
[1:48:32] | It’s just like the old days, Bobby. | 就像当年一样 鲍比 |
[1:48:34] | What do you feel about California municipals, Gordon?. | 你觉得加州的市建板块如何 戈登 |
[1:48:36] | No way. | 不能做 |
[1:48:36] | California has made more mistakes than Yogi Berra reciting Shakespeare. | 加州犯的错误比白字先生念的错别字还多 |
[1:48:42] | Right now, it is ugly times ugly. | 现在是要多惨有多惨 |
[1:48:47] | And that’s when the ugly get going. | 大跌起来就是这样 |
[1:48:50] | You tell them for me, babe, Gordon Gekko is back. | 替我转告他们 宝贝 戈登·盖柯又回来了 |
[1:48:56] | I’m looking for distressed securities. | 我在寻找那些处境艰难的证券 |
[1:48:58] | I’m trying to get a hold of them before the government does. | 我要在政府插手前将它们拿下 |
[1:49:01] | You got that? | 你明白吧 |
[1:49:03] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:49:05] | Here you are, Mr. Gekko. | 理好了 盖柯先生 |
[1:49:06] | Nice, Harry. | 很好 哈里 |
[1:49:08] | Well, then, Alex, you tell the Treasury Department for me | 阿莱士 那你替我告诉财政部 |
[1:49:11] | that I’m willing to stand on the other side of their auction. | 我打算和他们竞拍这些资产 |
[1:49:15] | Not too tight under the arms, Mr. Gekko? | 胳膊下面不会太紧吧 盖柯先生 |
[1:49:17] | Jesus Christ. | 真要命 |
[1:49:18] | I tell you, the government’s worse than a wife. | 我跟你说 政府比婆娘还糟糕 |
[1:49:20] | They got all the power, they got half the money. | 他们手握大权 攥有你一半财产 |
[1:49:23] | Now they’re working on getting the other half. | 现在又想来搞走你另一半财产了 |
[1:49:26] | Hey, hey, stay positive, pal. | 嘿 要积极一点 兄弟 |
[1:49:28] | Most people, they lose, they whine and quit. | 多数人做赔了就会怨天尤人然后退出 |
[1:49:31] | But you got to be there for the turns. | 可你一定要挺到大市逆转 |
[1:49:32] | Everybody’s got good luck, everybody’s got bad luck. | 人人都有交好运和走背字的时候 |
[1:49:35] | Don’t run when you lose. Don’t whine when it hurts. | 不要赔了就跑 有损失也别嚷嚷 |
[1:49:39] | It’s like the first grade, Jerry. | 就像小学一年级 杰瑞 |
[1:49:41] | Nobody likes a crybaby. | 没人喜欢哭哭啼啼的孩子 |
[1:49:42] | Whooshing sound. | 非常合脚 |
[1:49:44] | I’ll take four of these. | 给我拿四双 |
[1:49:59] | Feels good to be back on top, huh? | 又做回了人上人 感觉不错吧 |
[1:50:05] | Hey, champ. What brings you to London? | 嘿 衰哥 什么风把你吹来伦敦了 |
[1:50:08] | You, Gordo. | 就为了你 戈登 |
[1:50:12] | You want to make one last trade? | 想最后再做一次交易吗 |
[1:50:15] | Well, that depends. | 那得看是什么交易了 |
[1:50:18] | Did you ever really want to reconcile with her? | 你真想过要跟她化解恩怨吗 |
[1:50:23] | I’m human. | 我也是凡人 |
[1:50:24] | Then why did you do it? | 那你为什么要这么做 |
[1:50:26] | Well, it’s the same answer. | 回答同上 |
[1:50:28] | Look, I told you before, Winnie was gonna stake me when I got out. | 我跟你讲过 薇妮说过等我出来后要照顾我 |
[1:50:31] | You remember, she reneged. | 记得吧 她食言了 |
[1:50:32] | Sure, she did. | 的确如此 |
[1:50:34] | It makes you feel better about stealing from your own blood, | 于是骗自己骨肉你就能比较心安理得了 |
[1:50:37] | doesn’t it? | 是这样吗 |
[1:50:38] | Every thief has some excuse. | 每个贼都有借口 |
[1:50:40] | Hey, don’t you act so superior, kid. | 别这么趾高气扬教训我 孩子 |
[1:50:44] | They took 1 22 thousand hours of my life for a victimless crime. | 我没有害谁 却被关了12万2千个小时 |
[1:50:49] | I ate my bitterness every goddamn day. | 在里面我吃尽苦头度日如年 |
[1:50:52] | And when I got out, who was waiting for me? | 可等我出来却没一个人来迎接我 |
[1:50:54] | Nobody! | 一个都没有 |
[1:50:56] | Not even my own daughter. | 甚至是我的亲生女儿 |
[1:50:59] | I thought Bretton was slime until I met you. | 遇到你之前 我一直觉得布雷顿才是极品败类 |
[1:51:03] | I just never believed that a man would sell out his own daughter. | 真不敢相信一个人连自己女儿都能出卖 |
[1:51:05] | You die your way, I’ll die mine. Get the hell out of here. | 你走你的阳关道我走我的独木桥 你滚吧 |
[1:51:08] | You know, she left me, Gordon. | 知道吗 她离开我了 戈登 |
[1:51:10] | Yeah? | 是么 |
[1:51:12] | I’m sorry about that. | 我很遗憾 |
[1:51:15] | Yeah? I bet you are. | 是吗 我想你会的 |
[1:51:17] | You left it all in ruins. | 你在身后留下了一片狼藉 |
[1:51:21] | But no matter how much money you make, you’ll never be rich. | 可不管你赚多少钱 你永远不会富有 |
[1:51:25] | See, that’s what you never got, kid. It’s not about the money. | 瞧 这你就不懂了 孩子 这并非钱不钱的事 |
[1:51:30] | It’s about the game. The game between people. | 这是场游戏 人与人之间的博弈 |
[1:51:34] | And that’s all it is. | 仅此而已 |
[1:51:38] | Speaking of, | 刚才你说 |
[1:51:42] | what’s the trade? | 做什么交易 |
[1:51:43] | You give back the principal to Winnie. The $1 00 million. | 你把本金还给薇妮 那1亿美元 |
[1:51:50] | And what do I get in return? | 那我有何回报呢 |
[1:51:55] | Put this in. | 看看这个 |
[1:52:14] | That’s your grandson. | 这是你外孙 |
[1:52:33] | You said, “The most valuable commodity I know is time.” | 你说过 “世上最无价之物乃时间” |
[1:52:38] | You’re looking at time. | 你眼前的就是时间 |
[1:52:41] | Not money. | 而非金钱 |
[1:52:45] | This is time, Gordon. | 这就是时间 戈登 |
[1:53:00] | I’m sorry, Jake, but this is simply a trade I cannot make. | 对不起 雅各 这交易我没法做 |
[1:53:17] | You’re a sad man, Gordon. | 你真可怜 戈登 |
[1:54:34] | You really want to get this site on the map? | 你真想把这网站做出点名堂吗 |
[1:54:35] | You break this story. It’ll take some time, but it’ll spread. | 把这件事披露出去 过一段就会传开 |
[1:54:39] | It’s the single greatest transfer of wealth in American history | 这是美国史上最大的一次财富转移 |
[1:54:42] | from Main Street to Wall Street, | 从公众的口袋掏出 进了华尔街大佬的口袋 |
[1:54:43] | and it’s all true. | 都是实情 |
[1:54:44] | And it will happen again because people like you and me want to be lied to. | 而且还会再次发生 因为老百姓很好忽悠 |
[1:54:48] | We like bedtime stories. | 屁民们很傻很天真 |
[1:54:53] | I miss you like crazy, and I love you, baby, and I’m sorry. | 我非常想你 我爱你 宝贝 对不起 |
[1:55:41] | Bretton James, the rumor is that he was shorting Keller Zabel stock | 据传布雷顿·詹姆斯在收购凯泽前 |
[1:55:46] | before he ended up acquiring it. | 就在做空他们的股票了 |
[1:55:48] | Why would he do that? This is the rock star of Wall Street. | 他干嘛这么做 他可是华尔街的风云人物 |
[1:55:50] | Did you hear about Bretton James? | 你听说布雷顿·詹姆斯的事了吗 |
[1:55:52] | CNBC will say he’s hedging, but if you ask me it’s a fraud. | CNBC会说他是做对冲 可要我说这就是欺诈 |
[1:55:55] | It’s a tiny website. Who cares? | 只是个无名小网站 随它去 |
[1:55:59] | Gekko’s daughter and that smartass kid I fired, Moore. | 盖柯的女儿和被我开掉那臭小子莫尔 |
[1:56:02] | What is this about the rumor that led to Louis Zabel committing suicide? | 说是和卢易斯·泽贝的自杀有牵连 怎么回事 |
[1:56:05] | Well, shorting his own company, you can’t bust him for that. | 做空自己公司 这你没法告他 |
[1:56:08] | But they can get him for running false rumors on Zabel, | 不过倒可以抓他散布凯泽的谣言 |
[1:56:10] | that’s serious. | 这是严重行为 |
[1:56:12] | It’s gone viral, Bretton. | 苗头有些不对了 布雷顿 |
[1:56:14] | Bloomberg has a summary out on it. | 彭博社播发了一篇摘要 |
[1:56:15] | Reuters is playing the story big. | 路透社也在拿它大做文章 |
[1:56:17] | It’s become legitimate. Congress is next. | 越传越真了 接下来国会该插手了 |
[1:56:21] | This bank is bigger than you, Bretton. | 银行利益比你本人重要 布雷顿 |
[1:56:24] | We know there’s nothing illegal here, Jimmy. | 这里面没什么不合法 吉米 |
[1:56:28] | Jack? | 杰克 |
[1:56:32] | Julie… | 裘利 |
[1:56:35] | Are you stupid or what? | 你犯傻啊你 |
[1:56:37] | Trading for your account in your position? | 身居高位居然还搞老鼠仓 |
[1:56:40] | You pigged out, kid. You were making a fortune here. | 你也太贪了 年轻人 你挣的已经不少了 |
[1:56:44] | What the hell is wrong with you? | 你是不是脑袋进水了 |
[1:56:47] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[1:56:50] | So I double-dipped. | 我的确内外通吃了 |
[1:56:52] | Who hasn’t? | 可哪个没这么干过呢 |
[1:56:53] | Now, in your time, you must have done some things. | 当年你一定也搞过些花样吧 |
[1:56:57] | You’re retiring, Julie. | 你都要歇着了 裘利 |
[1:57:00] | Why don’t you step up in front of this? | 不如你来把这个雷顶了吧 |
[1:57:03] | You can afford it. | 你又没多大损失 |
[1:57:04] | I can still run this place | 而我还能继续掌舵 |
[1:57:06] | and make you more money than you ever dreamed. | 帮你挣做梦都想不到的大把钞票 |
[1:57:13] | We both know that’s not going to happen, kid. | 你我都清楚这不可能 瓜娃子 |
[1:57:26] | Julie. | 裘利 |
[1:57:28] | Think about this, please. | 请考虑一下吧 |
[1:57:30] | You look for the birds. | 你去找鸟商量商量吧 |
[1:57:33] | They’re going to help you, those birds. You’ll see. Good luck. | 鸟们会帮你忙 祝你好运 |
[1:57:41] | I think I waited too long | 我想我已等得太久 |
[1:57:47] | I’m moving into the dollhouse | 就要跳入幸福围城 |
[1:57:52] | Some days we exercise | 我们一起锻炼 |
[1:57:55] | Some days we harmonize | 一同浅唱低吟 |
[1:57:58] | Look away, look away. Look away, oh, yeah | 眺望远方 憧憬未来 |
[1:58:06] | I don’t wanna sound like a rooster taking credit for the dawn, | 倒不是我想居功自傲 |
[1:58:09] | but turning $1 00 million into $1. 1 billion, | 可要想把一个亿变成11亿 |
[1:58:13] | in this market, takes some brains, right? | 在这种市场环境下还是得费点脑筋 对吧 |
[1:58:17] | My guys are good. | 我手下个个精明强干 |
[1:58:20] | And it’s no wonder our new fund is over-subscribed. | 我们的新基金如此抢手也就不足为奇了 |
[1:58:24] | But for you, I’m gonna initiate a third fund. | 但是为了你 我打算再发行第三个基金 |
[1:58:29] | Because, frankly, Julie, I couldn’t be more excited about this. | 坦白讲 裘利 这让我无比兴奋 |
[1:58:33] | To finally be in business with you and your firm. | 终于能和你及你的公司合作了 |
[1:58:39] | And us with you, Gekko. | 我们也很想与你合作 盖柯 |
[1:58:48] | Yeah. | 明白 |
[1:58:51] | What is the definition of insanity?. | 疯狂的定义是什么 |
[1:58:55] | It’s doing the same thing over and over | 就是把同一件事做了又做 |
[1:58:58] | and expecting a different result. | 却想得到一个不同的结果 |
[1:59:01] | By that standard, most of us are insane. | 以这个标准来看 我们多半都是疯子 |
[1:59:05] | But not at the same time. | 只是发作时间不同罢了 |
[1:59:08] | And on that basis we trust. | 幸而如此吧 |
[1:59:12] | But can this way of life endure | 可如果越来越多的人同时发疯 |
[1:59:13] | if more and more people are insane at the same time? | 这样的日子还能长久吗 |
[1:59:18] | It becomes, as Gordon said, “Systemic. “ | 用戈登的话来说就是”全面性” |
[1:59:23] | Like cancer. | 就像癌症 |
[1:59:27] | What happens then? | 那将会怎样 |
[1:59:31] | Like I said, | 我曾说过 |
[1:59:32] | the mother of all bubbles was the Cambrian Explosion. | 寒武纪生命大爆炸是一切泡沫之母 |
[1:59:37] | And it happened by chance over 500 million years ago. | 那是5亿年前偶然发生的 |
[1:59:40] | Louis Zabel, Bretton? | 卢易斯·泽贝是怎么回事 布雷顿 |
[1:59:42] | Tell us about Louis Zabel. | 跟我们谈谈卢易斯·泽贝吧 |
[1:59:44] | Come on. Come on. | 讲一讲吧 |
[1:59:45] | No! | 不 |
[1:59:48] | Scientists will tell you it was unprecedented, | 科学家会告诉你那没有先例 |
[1:59:51] | it happened in a flash. | 发生于一瞬之间 |
[1:59:56] | And from it, | 肇始于此 |
[1:59:57] | suddenly the world had millions of new species. | 世界上突然有了几百万个新物种 |
[2:00:03] | And from that… | 在那之后 |
[2:00:05] | … was born us. | 也才有了我们 |
[2:00:06] | Look at you! | 你气色不错啊 |
[2:00:08] | The human race. | 人类 |
[2:00:09] | Mr. Schwartz, I hear you are leaving us. | 施瓦茨先生 听说你要走了 |
[2:00:12] | No, that won’t be soon enough. | 还没 我巴不得早点走 |
[2:00:14] | Oh. Have you thought about a timeshare in Florida? | 在佛州买分时度假房的事你考虑得咋样了 |
[2:00:16] | I could hook you up in Boca. | 我可以在博卡市帮你找一个 |
[2:00:19] | Sit down, Mr. James. | 坐吧 詹姆斯先生 |
[2:00:21] | Now, in that sense, bubbles are evolutionary. | 如此说来 泡沫也在不断演化中 |
[2:00:25] | This is only a preliminary proceeding. | 这只是个初步调查 |
[2:00:28] | But I want you to know you’re under investigation | 不过我要告诉你 你因涉嫌 |
[2:00:29] | on accusations of tax evasion and stock manipulation | 通过一个叫蝗虫基金的机构 |
[2:00:33] | through, among others, an entity called Locust Fund. | 逃税和操纵股票 而被接受调查 |
[2:00:37] | Although, I want to first get to the matter of Louis Zabel. | 不过 我想先谈卢易斯·泽贝的事 |
[2:00:40] | I see here that you cooperated with this office | 从材料上看 在1998年 |
[2:00:43] | and with the federal authorities in 1 988 | 对戈登·盖柯的调查开始后 |
[2:00:46] | when the investigations of one Gordon Gekko began. | 你曾配合过我们及联邦当局 |
[2:00:49] | They kill excess. | 他们杀掉过度繁殖的部分 |
[2:00:52] | They lean out the herd. | 以使种群得到优化 |
[2:00:55] | But they never die. | 可决不会绝种 |
[2:00:58] | They just come back in different forms. | 他们改头换面后还会卷土重来 |
[2:01:10] | When they burst, | 当泡沫破灭时 |
[2:01:12] | they give birth to a new day. | 新纪元也就由此诞生了 |
[2:01:28] | Always creating change. | 总在不断变化之中 |
[2:01:51] | Can I carry that? | 我帮你拿好吗 |
[2:01:58] | You’re not sleeping either? | 你也还没睡啊 |
[2:02:00] | He woke me up last night. | 他昨晚把我弄醒了 |
[2:02:06] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[2:02:08] | Can I? | 我能摸摸吗 |
[2:02:10] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[2:02:23] | There? | 这里吗 |
[2:02:24] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[2:02:33] | I just got off the phone with Dr. Masters. | 我刚和麦斯特博士通过电话 |
[2:02:36] | – Oh, yeah? – Yeah. | -是么 -嗯 |
[2:02:38] | Very happy man. | 他非常高兴 |
[2:02:40] | Renewed interests from investors. | 投资者又恢复了兴趣 |
[2:02:42] | Because of your story. | 这多亏你发的文章 |
[2:02:45] | So, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[2:02:51] | I miss you, Winnie. | 我想你 薇妮 |
[2:02:54] | I miss you. | 我也想你 |
[2:02:58] | I don’t know how to fix this. | 不知我们怎样才能重归于好 |
[2:03:02] | Neither do I. | 我也不知道 |
[2:03:06] | It’s different now. | 往昔不再了 |
[2:03:08] | – What can I do? I mean, I… – Nothing. | -我该怎么做 我是说我… -没用的 |
[2:03:12] | Nothing. | 不必了 |
[2:03:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[2:03:26] | – Good night. – Good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[2:03:33] | Where are you two going? | 你们俩要去哪儿 |
[2:03:47] | What, nobody around here believes in comebacks? | 怎么 没人相信浪子会回头吗 |
[2:03:56] | Winn, I owe you something. | 小薇 我欠你点什么 |
[2:03:59] | I don’t want it. I never did. | 我不想要 从来就没想要 |
[2:04:03] | No, I… I figured that. | 不是…这个我想到了 |
[2:04:05] | But, you know, when choosing between two evils, | 不过你知道吗 经过两害相权 |
[2:04:09] | I like to try the one that I haven’t tried before. | 我想试试从前没选过的那个 |
[2:04:16] | So I deposited a check of $1 00 million | 所以我汇了张1亿美元的支票 |
[2:04:21] | made out to United Fusion. | 受益人是联合聚变 |
[2:04:27] | From some offshore fund no one needs to know about. | 是从一家无人知晓的境外基金汇出的 |
[2:04:32] | Wouldn’t you say green is the new bubble, Jake? | 你不觉得绿色是新一轮泡沫吗 雅各 |
[2:04:44] | You two make a nice couple. | 你们俩非常般配 |
[2:04:54] | You know, Winn, human beings, | 知道吗 小薇 对凡夫俗子 |
[2:05:00] | we got to give them a break. | 我们有时不要太过苛求 |
[2:05:04] | We’re all mixed bags. | 人皆有私心杂念 |
[2:05:13] | But | 不过 |
[2:05:16] | my grandson, | 我外孙 |
[2:05:19] | and you… | 还有你 |
[2:05:23] | And maybe, you know, you’ll let me be a father again. | 也许你们能让我再做一回父亲 |
[2:05:42] | The dimming of the light makes the picture clearer | 灯火渐暗 画面却愈发清晰 |
[2:05:49] | It’s just an old photograph | 往昔浮现眼前 |
[2:05:52] | There’s nothing to hide | 我们坦诚相待 |
[2:05:56] | And we’ll mix our lives together | 生命彼此交织 |
[2:06:04] | Every hand | 伸出手 |
[2:06:07] | Goes searching for its partner | 渴望着你的触摸 |
[2:06:16] | In crime | 愧疚中 |
[2:06:19] | Connecting | 敞开心扉 |
[2:06:22] | To every living soul | 连接彼此心灵 |
[2:06:29] | I’m looking for a home | 我想有个家 |
[2:06:32] | Where the wheels are turning | 那里充满生气 |
[2:06:36] | Home, why I keep returning | 家 让人无比眷恋 |
[2:06:42] | Home, will infect whatever you do | 家 在你心中发芽 |
[2:06:53] | Home, with the neighbors fighting | 家 邻里偶尔吵闹 |
[2:06:58] | Home, always so exciting | 家 让人心动不已 |
[2:07:04] | Home, were my parents telling the truth? | 家 听到的是真相吗 |
[2:07:11] | What’s the matter with you guys? Come on, what’s the matter? | 你们怎么回事啊 到底怎么了 |
[2:07:14] | You guys are like the last two on a ship that is sinking. | 你们两个要同舟共济才对 |
[2:07:16] | Home, such a funny feeling | 家 感觉是如此奇妙 |
[2:07:22] | That’s pretty. | 真漂亮 |
[2:07:23] | Isn’t that a Cracker Jack box ring? | 这不是爆米花里的奖品戒指吧 |
[2:07:27] | Home, with our bodies touching | 家 温暖彼此之间 |
[2:07:32] | Home, and the cameras watching | 家 留下温馨记忆 |
[2:07:38] | Home, comes to life from out of the blue | 家 享受生活远离悲伤 |
[2:08:23] | Home is where I want to be | 家 是我心向所在 |
[2:08:27] | Pick me up and turn me round | 给我力量伴我前行 |
[2:08:31] | I feel numb, born with a weak heart | 浑然不觉是我生性愚钝 |
[2:08:36] | I guess I must be having fun | 是我生在福中不知福吧 |
[2:08:40] | The less we say about it the better | 心有默契不必多言 |
[2:08:44] | Make it up as we go along | 携手路上越爱越深 |
[2:08:48] | Feet on the ground, head in the sky | 头顶蓝天脚踩大地 |
[2:08:52] | It’s okay, I know nothing’s wrong | 我知道一切依然美好 |
[2:08:56] | Nothing | 依然美好 |
[2:08:57] | Hi, yo, I got plenty of time | 嘿 我无所事事 |
[2:09:05] | Hi, yo, you got light in your eyes | 嘿 你神采飞扬 |
[2:09:13] | And you’re standing here beside me | 此刻你就在我身旁 |
[2:09:18] | I love the passing of time | 分分秒秒都是甜蜜 |
[2:09:22] | Never for money, always for love | 此生不逐名利 只为真爱而活 |
[2:09:26] | Cover up and say good night | 就要无法自拔 快道声晚安吧 |
[2:09:29] | Say good night | 道声晚安吧 |
[2:09:59] | Home is where I want to be | 家 是我心向所在 |
[2:10:03] | But I guess I’m already there | 我想我已找到归宿 |
[2:10:07] | I come home, she lifted up her wings | 我回到家里 她张开翅膀 |
[2:10:12] | Guess that this must be the place | 这一定就是我要找的地方 |
[2:10:16] | I can’t tell one from another | 我已无法分清 |
[2:10:20] | Did I find you or you find me? | 此生是谁先遇到谁 |
[2:10:25] | There was a time before we were born | 前世我们一定有约 |
[2:10:29] | If someone asks, this is where I’ll be | 此生要来此与你共度 |
[2:10:32] | Where I’ll be | 与你共度 |
[2:10:34] | Hi, yo, we drift in and out | 嘿 我们飘来荡去 |
[2:10:42] | Hi, yo, sing into my mouth | 嘿 我们互诉衷肠 |
[2:10:49] | Out of all those kinds of people | 凡尘熙熙攘攘 |
[2:10:54] | You got a face with a view | 唯有你与众不同 |
[2:10:58] | I’m just an animal looking for a home | 我好似迷途羔羊 |
[2:11:02] | Share the same space for a minute or two | 只盼与你相依相伴 |
[2:11:06] | And you love me till my heart stops | 给我爱吧 今生至死不渝 |
[2:11:11] | Love me till I’m dead | 至死不渝 |
[2:11:15] | Eyes that light up, eyes look through you | 眼中闪烁喜悦 却不敢与你对望 |
[2:11:19] | Cover up the blank spots | 左顾右盼不知该说点什么 |
[2:11:21] | Hit me on the head | 敲敲脑袋让我开窍吧 |
[2:11:23] | Ooh | 喔 |
[2:11:36] | Home is where I want to be | 家 是我心向所在 |
[2:11:39] | Pick me up and turn me round | 给我力量伴我前行 |
[2:11:44] | I feel numb, born with a weak heart | 浑然不觉是我生性愚钝 |
[2:11:48] | I guess I must be having fun | 是我生在福中不知福吧 |
[2:11:53] | The less we say about it the better | 心有默契不必多言 |
[2:11:57] | Make it up as we go along | 携手路上越爱越深 |
[2:12:01] | Feet on the ground, head in the sky | 头顶蓝天脚踩大地 |
[2:12:05] | It’s okay, I know nothing’s wrong | 我知道一切依然美好 |
[2:12:08] | Nothing | 依然美好 |
[2:12:10] | Hi, yo, I got plenty of time | 嘿 我无所事事 |
[2:12:18] | Hi, yo, you got light in your eyes | 嘿 你神采飞扬 |
[2:12:25] | And you’re standing here beside me | 此刻你就在我身旁 |
[2:12:31] | I love the passing of time | 分分秒秒都是甜蜜 |
[2:12:35] | Never for money always for love | 此生不逐名利 只为真爱而活 |
[2:12:39] | Cover up and say good night | 就要无法自拔 快道声晚安吧 |
[2:12:42] | Say good night | 道声晚安吧 |