英文名称:Glory Road
年代:2006
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:14] | Times are changing. | 时代变了 |
[00:17] | I’m Ed Sullivan. And this is Broadway. | 我是埃德·苏立文 这里是百老汇 |
[00:19] | Baby, everything is all right | 宝贝 万事OK |
[00:22] | Uptight. Out of sight | 不必紧张 |
[00:26] | I have a dream. | 我有个梦想 |
[00:30] | I know I’m just an average guy | 我知道我不过一介草民 |
[00:33] | No football hero or smooth Don Juan | 不是啥足球明星或是风流才子 |
[00:36] | I am the greatest! | 我是最棒的 |
[00:38] | I’m a poor man is son | 我出身贫寒 |
[00:40] | By the content of their character. | 通过他们的优良品质 |
[00:42] | Everything is all right. Uptight Ha-ha-ha. Yeah. Baby… | 万事OK 别紧张 |
[00:53] | Hey. You guys are playing like girls. | 你们球打得像娘娘腔 |
[00:56] | Are you kiddin’ me? | 你在耍我吗 |
[00:58] | Hey, hey, Winnaker, do you want me to get you a skirt? | 温耐克 要我帮你把裙子拿给你吗 |
[01:01] | I’ll get you a skirt if you keep playing like a girl. | 你再这么娘娘腔我就给你拿去 |
[01:04] | There it is, there it is. Come on, set it up. | 就是这样 落好位 |
[01:07] | Bring it down, bring it down. Set it up! Set it up! | 往里面挤 落好位 |
[01:10] | There it is. Pop the ball. Pop it in there, pop it in there. | 就是这样 传球进去 |
[01:14] | All right, good. There it is. | 好了 有了 |
[01:23] | Congratulations, Coach. | 恭喜你 教练 |
[01:39] | -That’s good. That’s perfect. -OK. You do that. | -可以了 这样最好 -好 你来吧 |
[01:42] | * “Rave On” by Buddy Holly over radio | * 歌曲名 |
[01:45] | Make me want to be with you | 让我想和你在一起 |
[01:49] | Rave on. This crazy feelin’ | 把这强烈的感觉宣泄出来 |
[01:51] | Get your arm up. There it is. That’s good, that’s perfect. | 举起手 就是这样 很好了 |
[01:54] | You go like this. | 这么投 |
[01:58] | All right. Here you go. | 好 这样就成了 |
[02:00] | -My dad can slam-dunk it. -Let me do it. Let me do it, Dad! | -爸爸能扣篮 -我来 爸爸 |
[02:04] | Great. All right, Mark, that’s good. That’s good ball-handling. | 很好 马克 就该这么处理球 |
[02:08] | Brent, you ready? This is a bounce pass. | 布伦特 准备好了吗? 这是地板传球 |
[02:15] | It’s all right. You’ll live. | 好了 这没啥大不了 |
[02:18] | -It wasn’t me. It was Dad. -Traitor. | -不是我干的 是爸爸 -叛徒 |
[02:21] | I’m not getting in trouble. | 我不想惹麻烦 |
[02:24] | Catch it with your hands, not your arms. | 下次用手接 别用胳膊挡 |
[02:28] | Hello. | 喂 |
[02:31] | This is Don. | 我是唐 |
[02:32] | We know you blew out your knee. It’s tough, giving up a dream, starting over, | 我们知道你大学时代伤了膝盖 要放弃梦想从头来不容易 |
[02:36] | but I’m glad to hear you’re interested in a coaching position, Mr. Haskins. | 但我很高兴你对教练的位置感兴趣 哈斯金斯先生 |
[02:40] | McCarty here says you’re a winner. | 麦卡蒂说你是个常胜将军 |
[02:43] | I sure appreciate that. Now, my style of coaching is one that… | 多蒙他错爱 我的执教风格是… |
[02:47] | You played for Mr. Iba, | 你过去在埃巴教练手下打球 |
[02:48] | so you know how to reign in these unruly boys. | 你应该知道怎么管教调皮的小子 |
[02:50] | Sir, I do believe in discipline. Now, my basketball philosophy is… | 我崇尚纪律 我的篮球理念是… |
[02:54] | Mr. Haskins. You know, we’re a small school and we can’t pay very much. | 哈斯金斯先生 我们是间小学校 我们付不起高薪 |
[02:59] | So we’re gonna need you to live in the men’s dorm with your family | 所以我们希望你和家人住在男生宿舍 |
[03:03] | and keep those boys in line over there. | 管教好队里的球员 |
[03:07] | But your meals are free at the cafeteria. | 不过三餐免费 |
[03:09] | And you got plenty of Texas sunshine. So…how’s it sound? | 而且这里可以享受到德州充足的阳光 你意下如何 |
[03:19] | If that’s what it takes to coach Division I basketball, then… | 如果这样可以执教第一分赛区篮球队 |
[03:22] | ha-ha-ha, that’s all right with me. | 那我愿意接受 |
[03:26] | It’s just a dusty old cow town. | 那里只是个小村落 |
[03:28] | Yeah, but if it’s got a court with a roof and uniforms that match, | 是的 但是只要有室内球场和制服 |
[03:32] | then I wanna coach there. I wanna play against the best. | 我就愿意去执教 不管代价几何 我想挑战最好的球队 |
[03:35] | I just wanted to thank you for bringing me on. | 多谢你提携我 |
[03:38] | Us Aggies gotta stick together. | 校友要互相帮助 |
[03:40] | -You’ve been here a few weeks. -Yeah. | -你来了有几个星期了吧 -是的 |
[03:43] | What you think? | 有什么想法 |
[03:45] | It ain’t much, but we can do something with it. Here we go. Ready? | 想法不多 不过我们可以有所作为 到了 |
[03:50] | This is where you’re gonna be living. | 这里是你的住处 |
[03:53] | Hey, Coach. | 嗨 教练 |
[03:55] | Ross Moore, team trainer and spiritual advisor. | 罗斯·摩尔 训练师兼心理辅导 |
[03:58] | We’re gonna need some of that. This is my wife, Mary. | 我们需要你这样的人 这是内人玛丽 |
[04:01] | Hi, Mrs. Haskins. Come on in here. | 哈斯金斯太太 请进 |
[04:04] | -Hate to put you out. -Oh, no. | -不好意思占了你的住处 -没有的事 |
[04:06] | You ain’t putting me out. Don’t think about it. | 不算赶我出去 别这么想 |
[04:08] | I’m thinking about leaving this prize gator here for you. | 我正想把这些战利品留给你们 |
[04:11] | -Makes a fine ceiling ornament. -Cool. | -装饰天花板不错 -酷 |
[04:14] | You hear that? I made up my mind. | 你听见了 我决定了 |
[04:16] | That little boy love that gator. I’m gonna leave him there. | 这孩子喜欢这个 我留下了 |
[04:20] | I’ve been checking the cupboard. It’s a little bare. | 我查看了本校的过往成绩 不甚了了 |
[04:22] | We got Baudoin outta Albuquerque, 20 points a game last year. | 阿尔博克奇来的鲍顿 去年场均得分20 |
[04:26] | Got us a Missouri boy. Fast and tough on defense -a kid named Armstrong. | 还有个密苏里来的防守悍将 这孩子叫阿姆斯特朗 |
[04:33] | David Palacio, he’s the top prep scorer in El Paso. | 大卫·帕拉奇奥 以前在埃尔·帕索是首席得分手 |
[04:37] | Waiting on junior-college transfers. | 正要从专科学校转来 |
[04:39] | And Jerry in Housing says on taco night, we get a real good crowd. | 宿管科的杰瑞说就一个螺蛳壳而言 我们算做出大道场了 |
[04:44] | Taco night? | 螺蛳壳? |
[04:46] | Taco night. | 螺蛳壳 |
[04:50] | What’s the budget for recruiting? | 用于招新的预算有多少 |
[04:52] | Ross says the budget’s in the lights. | 罗斯说预算都用来修整照明设施了 |
[05:03] | How can I have a winning team with no budget for recruiting? | 没有预算招新我怎么带队赢球 |
[05:06] | Now, listen, Coach. Football is king here. | 听着 教练 这里流行足球 |
[05:10] | And basketball sucks hind tit. | 篮球只能作余兴节目 |
[05:12] | I’ll shake down the boosters for a few more bucks, get a couple more scholarships. | 我试着去找校董们要点钱 给你弄几个奖学金名额什么的 |
[05:17] | A few more bucks? | 一点钱? |
[05:18] | I gotta go find players. | 下个星期我就要开始招募球员了 |
[05:20] | How can I recruit with one or two scholarships? | 一两个奖学金能招几个人? |
[05:22] | Do you forget where you come from, Don? Coaching high school girls. | 你忘了你原来是干什么的了 唐? 执教高中女队 |
[05:26] | Take a look around you. This ain’t Kansas, Duke, Kentucky. | 清醒一点 这里不是 堪萨斯 杜克 肯塔基 |
[05:30] | We’re a poor school that counts every penny to pay for a river rat’s dream of a college education. | 我们是间穷学校 指望把钱花在公共教育上 |
[05:36] | We’re lucky to put a decent team on the court. | 能整出个体面的球队摆在球场上 已经是大幸了 |
[05:39] | Well, decent don’t cut it with me. | 我一定要体面到家 |
[05:44] | Duke’s where you wanna go. | 你应该来杜克 |
[05:46] | Hey, how you doing? Don Haskins, Texas Western. | 你好 唐·哈斯金斯 德州西部大学 |
[05:49] | How you doing? Don Haskins. | 你好 唐·哈斯金斯 |
[05:52] | -See anyone you like? -What about number three over there? | -有中意的吗? -那边的三号如何 |
[05:56] | Jason Stevens out of Chicago. 18 points a game. | 芝加哥的杰森·史蒂文森 场均18分 |
[05:59] | Hasn’t signed a letter of intent yet. | 还没和任何学校达成意向 |
[06:02] | Jason! | 杰森 |
[06:04] | Beating a dead horse there, Don. | 这是徒劳的 唐 |
[06:06] | -Jason, Don Haskins, Texas Western. -Western Union? | -杰森 唐·哈斯金斯 德州西部大学 -西部联合? |
[06:10] | Texas Western, down in El Paso. | 德州西部大学 在埃尔·帕索 |
[06:12] | After the game, I’d like to talk to you about playing for me. | 比赛结束后我想和你商量 在我手下打球的事宜 |
[06:15] | Play for you at Texas Western? Thanks, Coach, but I’m partial to winning. | 去德州西部大学为你打球? 多谢 教练 但我想赢球 |
[06:24] | How about that big ol’ tall boy? Made All-Jayhawk Conference last year. | 那个大高个怎么样 去年入选了杰霍克联合会阵容 |
[06:29] | Gonna sign with Kansas. | 他要去堪萨斯 |
[07:01] | You wanna talk to Bobby Joe Hill? | 你想找鲍比·乔·希尔谈? |
[07:04] | Son, you can’t win playing nigger ball. | 你带黑鬼打球赢不了的 |
[07:07] | Sure, they can jump, but they can’t lead. | 他们能跳 但无法带领球队 |
[07:10] | Can’t handle the pressure. Don’t have enough intelligence. | 不能承受压力 篮球智商低 |
[07:13] | That boy in particular. No-account smart-mouth. | 那小子就是个典范 嘴上没毛 办事不牢 |
[07:17] | Just tell me where I can find him. | 告诉我去哪里找他就行了 |
[07:21] | Excuse me. I’m the basketball coach down at Texas Western. | 打搅一下 我是德州西部大学的篮球教练 |
[07:25] | -I’d like to talk to you about playing there. -No, thanks. | -我想和你谈谈过来打球的事情 -不用 谢谢 |
[07:28] | I’m done playing this game. They hardly put me on the floor tonight. | 我不打球了 他们今晚根本没怎么让我上场 |
[07:32] | -I’m offering a full scholarship. -Uh-huh. | -我提供你全额奖学金 -哦 |
[07:34] | You sign me up like your token Negro, bury me at the end of the bench. | 你把我当作黑人商标球员签下 然后让我把板凳坐穿 |
[07:38] | I’d rather hang it up. Do something else. | 我还不如爽气点去做别的行当 |
[07:41] | Be the next Smokey Robinson. I might even run for president. | 做下一个”香烟”罗宾逊 也许去竞选总统 |
[07:45] | You got a real talent, son. Why throw it away? | 你确实有天赋 干吗要放弃 |
[07:49] | I’ll tell you why. Ever since I was a kid, I only loved one thing -that was playing ball. | 我告诉你为啥从小时候起 我就只有一个爱好 打篮球 |
[07:54] | Do you understand what that’s like, to have that ball in your hand? | 你明白控球在手是什么感觉吗 |
[07:57] | It’s like making sweet music with your game. | 就好像在球赛中谱写歌曲般惬意 |
[08:00] | Only thing is, you don’t wanna hear the song. | 但是 你们不想听这乐曲 |
[08:08] | You talk a good game, Hill. | 你所说的那种比赛动人心魄 |
[08:11] | I didn’t come here to find a player I could sit on the bench. | 我不是来找板凳球员的 |
[08:14] | I intend to start you-start NCAA Division One ball. | 我来提携你的 提携你打NCAA第一分赛区的比赛 |
[08:18] | What is it with you, mister? I’ve accepted it. What are you smoking? | 你怎么回事 先生 我已经接受现实了 你还哄我干吗 |
[08:23] | I ain’t smoking nothing, son. | 我没哄你 孩子 |
[08:26] | Now, you just told me about a big old dream you have. I can let you play. | 你刚才告诉我你长久以来的梦想 我给你实现的舞台 |
[08:32] | I can help you make your dream come true faster than a twister’ll take your socks off. | 我能帮你实现梦想 速度比龙卷风卷走你袜子更快 |
[08:43] | You talk funny. | 你讲话很有趣 |
[08:44] | So do you. | 你也是 |
[08:47] | You gonna let a black player play from the get-go? | 你要用黑人球员打球? |
[08:49] | I don’t see color. I see quick, I see skill, and that’s what you have. | 我不介意肤色 我介意速度 介意技术 这些你都有 |
[08:54] | And that’s what I’m putting on the court. | 这是我用人的标准 |
[09:04] | So, what is this team, anyway? | 那么 这是支什么球队 |
[09:08] | All right, that New York recruiter, Hilton White. | 去纽约的招募人员希尔顿·怀特 |
[09:11] | He’s got three boys up there now. They’re just playground kids. | 他现在已经找到3个人 都是露天场地里打球的 |
[09:14] | He said they could play with anybody. | 他说他们随便和谁打都无所谓 |
[09:17] | Every one of these players you’re looking at is colored, Don. | 你找的球员都是黑人 唐 |
[09:22] | How many are you recruiting? | 你一共谈了多少人 |
[09:24] | We need seven players on this team who can put it in the hole and rebound. | 我们要找7个能得分和抢篮板的 |
[09:28] | Now, if they’re colored, well, fine. | 如果他们是黑人 那也不要紧 |
[09:31] | Well, then now, Coach, let me try to paint you a little picture. | 教练 我要给你打打预防针 |
[09:35] | There are no coloreds playing Division One basketball in the South. | 南方的第一分赛区的球队 都是白人球队 |
[09:39] | Not in the SEC, not in the ACC and not in the SWC. | 到处都是这样 |
[09:44] | But you go and put seven of ’em on our team. | 你却要在队里放7个黑人 |
[09:46] | Am I losing my hearing? Do I need a darn hearing aid? | 我失聪了吗? 我该不是要去买助听器了 |
[09:50] | No, Ross. I intend to win. | 不是这样 罗斯 我只是想赢球 |
[09:53] | Shoot. You carrying on like Negroes gonna be the future of basketball. | 你这样仿佛黑人是篮球运动的未来 |
[09:57] | Could you imagine that? | 你觉得可能吗? |
[10:00] | There are rules. Unwritten rules. | 这里面是有规矩的 不成文的规矩 |
[10:02] | You play one at home, two on the road and three if you’re losing. | 主场可以上1个 客场2个 垃圾时间3个 |
[10:07] | Lord have mercy. Loadin’ up on Negroes, that just ain’t done. | 上天是仁慈的 正在改善黑鬼的待遇 不过现在还没到时候 |
[10:10] | You gonna put your career at risk, my career at risk and Moe’s career at risk. | 你这样是在拿我们仨的饭碗开玩笑 |
[10:16] | If that wasn’t bad enough, we ain’t even got enough gas money to get home. | 这还不算最糟 我们回家的油钱不够了 |
[10:20] | Ain’t it lucky you don’t got to worry about that? | 你很走运 不用担心这个 |
[10:22] | ‘Cause you’ll be out on the first bus to New York tomorrow. | 因为你要乘明天头班汽车去纽约 |
[10:25] | You’re sending me there for schoolyard players? You gotta be out of your mind. | 你让我去考察打野球的 你疯了吧 |
[10:30] | And who’s paying for all this, if you don’t mind me asking? | 不介意的话 我想知道谁负责路费 |
[10:33] | You wanna win. You gotta recruit. That’s how the big boys do it. | 你想赢球就得招新 行家就是这么干的 |
[10:46] | It was a good game, man. | 今天打得真爽 |
[10:47] | Hey, kid, you got a minute? | 孩子 你有时间吗 |
[10:50] | Mama baked a pie. One piece left, it’s got my name all over it. | 妈妈烤了馅饼 留了块等我回去吃呢 |
[10:53] | Hey, kid, you got a minute? | 孩子 你有时间吗 |
[10:57] | -You know that guy? -What? No. | -你认识那个人吗 -啥? 不认识 |
[11:00] | Kid, you got a minute? | 孩子 你有时间吗 |
[11:03] | Run. Run! | 快跑 |
[11:09] | Hey, Charlie! | 嗨 查理 |
[11:15] | Hey, Mama. You’re not gonna believe what just happened to me and Alvin. | 妈妈 刚才我和埃尔文碰到的事 说出来你也不信 |
[11:19] | Almost got jumped by a couple of crackers. | 差点被2个白人杂碎缠上 |
[11:22] | I’m just dying for a piece of that… | 我等不及要吃… |
[11:25] | -pie. -Ma’am, this pie is so good, | -馅饼 -夫人 馅饼很好吃 |
[11:28] | it makes me mad at my mama. | 这让我想起我母亲 |
[11:30] | This is Mr. Haskins. He come all the way from El Paso, Texas. | 这是哈斯金斯先生 他从德州埃尔·帕索来 |
[11:33] | He want you to play basketball on a scholarship. | 他希望你能接受篮球奖学金去念书 |
[11:36] | Texas? To get lynched? | 去德州? 遭人白眼吗? |
[11:39] | Now, El Paso’s not like the rest of Texas. It’s, um…It’s more cosmopolitan. | 埃尔·帕索和德州其他地方不同 那里海纳百川 |
[11:44] | Pops already got me a good job at the factory… | 爸爸已经在工厂里给我找了份好工作 收入不错 |
[11:47] | -I always wanted an education for Harry. -They got schools here. | -我一直想让哈里接受高等教育 -本地也有学校啊 |
[11:50] | I don’t feel comfortable sending my boy that far away | 我对于送孩子去外地 |
[11:54] | and trusting him to a stranger. | 托付给陌生人 不大放心 |
[11:56] | I know. I understand. I will look after him like he’s one of my own. | 我理解 我会视如己出般待他 |
[12:02] | -You ate my pie. -We’re church people around here. | -你吃了我的馅饼 -我们家是虔诚教徒 |
[12:06] | Are you? | 你呢? |
[12:13] | I won’t lie. I hadn’t been to church in so long, | 我不想撒谎 我好久没去教堂了 |
[12:15] | I can’t remember which day of the week it falls on. | 我不记得是哪个礼拜开始的 |
[12:19] | I’m ashamed to say I’m… I’m just a wretch. | 很惭愧 我是个被遗弃的人 |
[12:24] | Well… | 其实 |
[12:25] | We all fall short. And we’re saved by grace. | 我们都一样 上天会宽恕我们 |
[12:29] | -Tell me more about El Paso. -No, Mama. Mama, come on, now. | -跟我说说埃尔·帕索 -不要 妈妈 别这样 |
[12:33] | It’s lovely, ma’am. It’s right on the banks of the Rio Grande. It’s a little oasis. | 好地方 夫人 在里奥格朗德的山坡上 是块绿洲 |
[12:41] | Nah. | 不要 |
[12:43] | -I got plenty of offers. -Yeah? | -我收到的邀请够多了 -是吗? |
[12:45] | From who? Duke? Kansas? | 哪里? 杜克还是堪萨斯 |
[12:51] | -I’m playing for the Globetrotters. -It’s probably for the best. | -我为哈林篮球队打球 -这有可能是最佳选择 |
[12:54] | You’re better off with the Trotters playing its team of patsies every night. | 你的移动方式玩懦夫篮球 再合适不过 |
[12:59] | You can’t get past an average defender in our league with that fancy dribble of yours. | 大学联赛里的普通球员 都可以防住你的花哨脚步 |
[13:05] | Man, no offense, but that’s bull. | 无意冲撞 不过这才是真正的打球方式 |
[13:08] | Hey, brother, no offense, but without work, | 无意冲撞 不过用脚趾头也可以想到 |
[13:10] | I don’t think you’d get past a beat-up old-timer like me. | 你连我这样的老家伙也过不掉 |
[13:15] | Get past you? | 过你? |
[13:18] | I would go past you, through you, over you, under you, around you. | 我想怎么过你就怎么过你 |
[13:23] | As a matter of fact, I’ll spin you like a top, | 我可以把你耍得团团转 |
[13:26] | eat your lunch, steal your girl and kick your dog at the same time. | 随便用什么方式都行 |
[13:30] | Get past you. | 过了你 |
[13:32] | -Come on, Orsten! -Hey, come on. | -加油 奥斯滕 -加油 |
[13:36] | Do your thang. | 用你拿手的绝活 |
[13:37] | -You fouling me. -You call that a foul? | -你犯规 -你管这叫犯规? |
[13:39] | My three year old calls that a love tap. | 我三岁的孩子管这叫爱抚 |
[13:44] | Ooh! Come on, man. | 怎么这样 |
[13:46] | Hey, hold it, hold it. | 停一下 停一下 |
[13:49] | You expect me to react to all that head-shake and body gyration? | 你指望我吃你所有的假动作 |
[13:52] | It’s activity without accomplishment. | 无用功 |
[13:55] | You got the ball in front of you. You ain’t going anywhere without it. | 球在你身前 你非守着球不可 |
[13:59] | Try this. It’s called a rocker step. You ready? Get in your stance. | 试试这个 叫作摇步 准备好了吗 摆好姿势 |
[14:02] | OK? | 好了吗? |
[14:05] | The difference between me and you is I got the ball protected. | 我和你的区别是我护住球了 |
[14:07] | It looks like I’m starting to dribble, so you react, and when you do, | 看上去我要运球了 所以你动了 你动了以后 |
[14:11] | cross over, dribble right by you. | 横向移动从你右边过了你 |
[14:14] | Try it. It’s simple, but it’ll make that pretty little shot of yours work. | 试试 很简单 但是可以让你的 投篮技术得到发挥的空间 |
[14:25] | First time. There it is. | 初次练习 算不错了 |
[14:30] | Excuse me! | 打搅一下 |
[14:32] | I’m looking for three guys. Uh… | 我找3个人 |
[14:34] | Names of Nevil Shed, | 叫内维尔·谢德 |
[14:37] | Willie Worsley and Willie Cager. | 威利·沃斯利和威利·凯奇 |
[14:41] | They’re colored boys. You know them? | 他们是有色人种 你们认识吗 |
[14:43] | -Did he say “colored”? -He said what I think he did. | -他说”有色”? -我想我没听错 |
[14:46] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[14:47] | And I don’t think he was talking about no television set, neither. | 我想他也不是在说电视机的颜色 |
[14:52] | He got a nice car. | 他有辆好车 |
[14:53] | These New York kids may be from the street, but they sure can play. | 这几个纽约的小伙子也许是混混 但他们球打得不错 |
[14:57] | Little guard plays like a giant. | 小个子后卫打球才华横溢 |
[14:59] | Forward runs like an antelope. Never seen anything like him. | 前锋快得像羚羊 没见过这样的人 |
[15:01] | -How long till you can have ’em out? -A week maybe. | -你要多久能把他们带来 -大概一个礼拜 |
[15:04] | How’s it with Lattin? These boys play big, but they ain’t big. | 拉丁那边进展如何? 那种人牛气冲天 本事倒没啥 |
[15:09] | You want me to fill this thing up? | 你需要我加油吗? |
[15:11] | I called his coach, but he run me off. | 我找了他的教练 不过他跑了 |
[15:13] | I still got one more roll of these dice, though. | 我还可以想想办法 |
[15:16] | And one more little thing, Don. | 还有件事情 唐 |
[15:18] | I had a little misunderstanding here. | 我这里有点小麻烦 |
[15:20] | Do you think you could wire me another hundred dollars? | 你能再汇100元给我吗? |
[15:38] | Where on earth’s this coach taking us? | 这教练要把我们送到 地球的哪里去啊 |
[15:40] | I don’t think we’re even on earth anymore, brah. | 我想我们已经身处外星了 |
[15:44] | -Say, Willie. -Yeah. | -威利 -干吗 |
[15:46] | -You got a dime? -For what? | -你有硬币吗 -干吗 |
[15:49] | I gotta call my mama. Tell her I’m an astronaut. | 我要打电话给妈妈 跟她说我上太空了 |
[15:53] | Looks like we’re the first black men on the moon. | 我们大概是首批登月的黑人 |
[15:57] | What’s this dead stuff on the side of the road? | 路边的死尸是什么动物 |
[15:59] | Players from last year’s team trying to crawl back to New York. | 大概是去年的球员 想爬回纽约未果 |
[16:03] | We driving into hell, plain and simple. | 显然我们进入的是地狱 |
[16:05] | El Paso, Texas! Ain’t no place like it. | 德州埃尔·帕索 别处可没这样的地方 |
[16:09] | Big ol’ west Texas sun shining down about 330 days a year. | 一年有330天阳光明媚 |
[16:13] | Yes, sir, you’re in God’s country now. | 你们来到的是上帝之国 |
[16:15] | If this is God’s country, obviously the good Lord don’t want no neighbors. | 如果这是上帝之国 显然上帝不想要邻居 |
[16:24] | Say, man, this place looks like Bonanza. | 这里很像博南萨 |
[16:27] | Hey, look, just smile at ’em and say “howdy.” | 对他们笑着说”您好”就行 |
[16:30] | Howdy. | 您好 |
[16:35] | To him you gotta say “hole-ah.” Like this, see. | 对他你要说”霍拉” 像这样 |
[16:38] | Hole-ah. | 霍拉 |
[16:40] | -Man, what this “hole-ah” mean? -It means, “Hello, Puerto Ricans.” | -“霍拉”什么意思? -意思是”你好 波多黎各兄弟” |
[16:44] | You’ve signed some black players, Don? | 你招收了些黑人球员 唐 |
[16:47] | That’s right. | 对 |
[16:48] | Seven of them? | 7个? |
[16:51] | I’m not sure that all the boosters are gonna like it. All right? | 我不清楚校董们对此是否会满意 |
[16:56] | It’s a little different than what they’re used to. | 这跟过去的情况有些不同 |
[16:59] | You hired me to put a team together – that’s what I’m doing. | 你雇我来管理球队 这正是我所做的工作 |
[17:02] | No, Don. | 不是这样 唐 |
[17:05] | I hired you to ride herd on the athletic dorm. | 我雇你来管理体育生宿舍 |
[17:08] | I’ve got a little more than I bargained for. | 看来我得到的比期望的更多 |
[17:14] | Those our new teammates? | 那是我们的新队友吗? |
[17:16] | Ross said things were gonna be different. | 罗斯说今年情况会不一样 |
[17:18] | Doesn’t look like he was kidding. | 看来他没瞎说 |
[17:21] | -I ain’t never seen one of them before. -One what? | -我以前从没见过他们 -什么”他们” |
[17:25] | One of them -a colored. | 黑人 |
[17:27] | You’ve gotta get off the farm more. | 你还是去农场蹲着吧 |
[17:29] | I’ll have some of that and some of this and some of that. | 我要点这个 要点那个 |
[17:33] | -Save a brother some scraps. -Back off, midget. | -给别人留点吧 -少来 矮子 |
[17:36] | Who you calling midget? You big-toothed clown. | 你管谁叫矮子 你这龅牙小丑 |
[17:38] | Grab your red hat and lantern and get back on the front lawn. | 拿好你的红帽子和提灯 在门口草坪上等着 |
[17:41] | I’ll let you know when the full-sized men are done eating. | 等会让你知道身材正常的人 吃好饭是什么样子 |
[17:43] | Easy, choppers. I seen Pontiacs with smaller grilles than those teeth of yours. | 龅牙 我看有些庞蒂亚克车 的保险杠还没你牙大 |
[17:48] | -Taco, nacho, burrito? -No. I’m looking for hot dog-o. | -玉米卷饼 玉米片 玉米煎饼 -我要热狗 |
[17:52] | Taco, nacho, burrito? | 玉米卷饼 玉米片 玉米煎饼? |
[17:55] | No, no. Hot dog-o. | 不 我要热狗 |
[17:58] | Hot dog-o. | 热狗 |
[18:00] | Nacho? | 玉米片? |
[18:15] | What are you lookin’ at? Ain’t you never seen a black man before? | 你看什么? 以前没见过黑人吗 |
[18:22] | Yeah, I’ve seen plenty of folks like you. | 我看得够多了 |
[18:28] | So, are you from Harlem? | 你是哈莱姆来的? |
[18:30] | -You think all blacks are from Harlem? -Are all of you from Mayberry? | -你觉得黑人都是哈莱姆来的? -你们都是梅贝里来的? |
[18:33] | -Take it easy. He didn’t mean nothin’. -Mind your business, man. | -别紧张 他没别的意思 -管好你自己 老弟 |
[18:37] | Hey, look, guys. My name’s Togo Railey. I’m from El Paso. | 伙计们 我叫托格·莱利 埃尔·帕索人 |
[18:43] | Where y’all from? | 你们哪里人? |
[18:49] | Bobby Joe Hill, from Detroit. | 鲍比·乔·希尔 底特律人 |
[18:51] | Yeah, I’m Willie Cager, South Bronx. | 我是威利·凯奇 南布朗克斯人 |
[18:56] | Forward. | 前锋 |
[19:00] | Jerry Armstrong, Eagleville, Missouri. All-State, 19 boards a game. | 杰瑞·阿姆斯特朗 密苏里鹰郡人 州内比赛场均19个篮板 |
[19:05] | Starting forward. | 首发前锋 |
[19:12] | -Go, Miners. -That’s it, Jerry. | -前进 矿工队 -干得好 杰瑞 |
[19:15] | Harry Flournoy. | 哈里·佛罗诺 |
[19:18] | Gary, Indiana. | 印第安纳加里人 |
[19:20] | United Steel Mill day shift. | 炼钢厂工人 |
[19:23] | The starting forward. | 正牌首发前锋 |
[19:33] | Back to the cows, Jethro. | 回去放牛吧 |
[19:35] | Come on, Flournoy, get that. Get it, Flournoy. Get it, get it! | 佛罗诺 抢啊 抢啊 |
[19:45] | Throw the ball, come on! | 快投球 |
[19:57] | -Hey, hold the basket still, bite-size. -Orsten, shut your tusk! Cager! Cager! | -小老鼠 捧好篮筐 -奥斯滕 收起你的大牙 凯奇 |
[20:01] | Get off me. | 别碰我 |
[20:05] | Cager! Cager! Downtown, Willie, take it downtown! | 凯奇 中间 传中间 |
[20:10] | -You moved the basket! -Advantage black man, for once. | -你移动篮筐了 -黑人也占一次上风 |
[20:14] | What? What, farm boy? What? | 干吗 乡下人 |
[20:16] | Hold up! Get over here! | 停下 过来 |
[20:21] | This is just another example that knuckleheads | 又是一例证明呆瓜 |
[20:23] | come in all sizes, shapes and colors. | 是不分肤色身材和体型的 |
[20:27] | You’re pitiful. Pitiful! | 你们真可怜 可怜 |
[20:30] | Messing around down here like a bunch of kindergarten kids. | 把这里搞得一团糟 表现得像幼稚园小孩 |
[20:34] | Now, you get this place cleaned up and try to act like you got some sense. | 你们先把这里打扫干净 以后言行举止要放规矩 |
[20:38] | -You think you can do that? -Yeah. | -你们能做到吗 -是 |
[20:41] | * “Shake It Up Baby (AKA Twist and Shout)” by The Isley Brothers | * 歌曲名 |
[20:45] | Shake it up. Baby. Now | 动起来 宝贝 |
[20:47] | You son of a gun. You got David Lattin to come here and play basketball. | 你真行啊 你把大卫·拉丁都拉来了 |
[20:51] | It’s David Lattin. | 那是大卫·拉丁 |
[20:53] | Come on, ba by, no w | 来吧 宝贝 |
[20:54] | Oome on, ba by | 来吧 宝贝 |
[20:56] | I used to read about him in the paper. | 我以前在报纸上看过他 |
[20:57] | How in the world did you swing that? | 你怎么做到的 |
[21:08] | How you doin’, brother? | 你好 兄弟 |
[21:14] | Should have left your hand out. Might have gave ya a tip. | 你应该把手伸得久一点 也许他会给你小费 |
[21:17] | Man, I’ll bust that big ox upside his head. | 我要打爆他的头 |
[21:20] | Worsley. You know it’d take three men your size | 沃斯利 像你这样的个子 |
[21:22] | to rip that boy’s picture in half. | 3个也摆不平那种大汉 |
[21:34] | My old man wants me working on that farm. | 我老爹希望我在农场干活 |
[21:38] | He thinks playing basketball is a waste of time. | 他觉得打篮球是浪费时间 |
[21:45] | I think different. | 我不这样想 |
[21:47] | -You the new players? -Yeah, that’s right. | -你们是新来的球员? -对的 |
[21:50] | -You don’t look like much to me, guys. -Whoa, whoa. Easy, bro. | -我觉得不像啊 -你放心 |
[21:53] | -You lookin’ at the new Mighty Miners. -Mighty Miners? | -站在你面前的是未来的强力前锋 -强力前锋 |
[21:56] | You’re at a hole-digging college. A commuter school. | 你在一间不知名学校 鸟不拉屎的地方 |
[22:00] | Playing for a girls’ basketball coach. The Mighty Miners. Ha-ha! | 在女子篮球教练手下打球 还强力前锋 哈哈 |
[22:05] | That’s funny. | 滑稽 |
[22:09] | What is he talking about, girls’ basketball coach? | 他说女子篮球教练是什么意思 |
[22:12] | You’re here to learn fundamental, disciplined defensive basketball. | 你们来这里学习的是重视基础 强调防守的纪律篮球 |
[22:17] | Now, that means discipline both on and off the court. | 就是说场上场下都要守纪律 |
[22:21] | No girls. | 不许泡妞 |
[22:23] | No booze. No late nights. | 不许喝酒 不许夜不就寝 |
[22:26] | Nothing besides fundamental basketball. | 除了篮球基本训练什么都没有 |
[22:31] | I speak, you listen. | 我说 你们听 |
[22:34] | I don’t wanna hear “can’t” or “won’t” or “Coach, I’m bleeding.” | 我不想听到”不行””不干” “教练 我流血了” |
[22:38] | I don’t wanna hear anything except the basketball bounce. | 我不想听到篮球撞击 地板以外的声音 |
[22:44] | You play basketball my way. My way’s hard. | 你们要按照我的训练方式打球 我的训练方式很苦 |
[22:48] | Especially if your guard’s wearing a skirt. | 如果训练的是女人就更苦了 |
[22:54] | What’s the matter? You got mud on your feet? | 怎么回事 你陷到泥里去了吗? |
[22:57] | Move those feet! Get down, get low, son! Come on, come on! | 动起来 重心放低 加油 |
[23:01] | Now, we do not play defense standing up! Get your butt down! | 防守的时候不要站着 重心放低 |
[23:05] | Lower! Make it uncomfortable! There you go. | 低一点 不习惯也不要紧 |
[23:10] | What’s the matter, son? Your skirt bothering ya? | 怎么回事? 你的裙子绊到你了吗 |
[23:13] | Come on, come on, Lattin, go hard! Lock him down. | 拉丁 硬吃 守住 |
[23:17] | You in my office! | 这是我的地盘 |
[23:18] | Shed, what was that? You let him put his armpits in the rim. | 谢德 怎么回事 你让他在篮下随意肆虐 |
[23:21] | Are you kiddin’ me? | 你在耍我吗 |
[23:23] | We do not back down here, ever! | 我们绝不可以退那么深 |
[23:27] | You own this part of the court! | 你们是这块区域的主人 |
[23:30] | And, Lattin, I said no dunking. | 拉丁 我说过不许扣篮 |
[23:34] | Now, let’s do it again, come on. | 再来一次 |
[23:36] | Nice shot, big man. | 干得好 大个子 |
[23:39] | Excuse me, Wilt. Big ox. | 抱歉 大蛮牛 |
[23:41] | Keep your hand out there a little longer. Somebody might give you a tip. | 手伸得时间长一点 也许有人会给你小费 |
[23:45] | Shed, what’s up? You looking like Lattin’s shadow out here. | 怎么 你还算纽约人吗 你像拉丁的影子一样 |
[23:48] | Big guy like you scared. | 你这种大个子也会怕? |
[23:50] | Not as scared as you when I come after you with a fly swatter, ya leprechaun. | 我拿苍蝇拍追你你才害怕呢 你这小苍蝇 |
[23:53] | * “My Guy” by Mary Wells | * 歌曲名 |
[23:57] | My guy | 我的情郎 |
[24:01] | Nothing you can do can make me untrue to my guy | 我决不会对我的情郎 虚情假意 |
[24:07] | * “Function at the Junction” by Shorty Long | * 歌曲名 |
[24:11] | ong T all Sally firom Oa rollna | 从卡罗莱纳跋涉而来 |
[24:15] | We’ve got 007 the private eye | 我们有侦探007 |
[24:19] | And he’s bringin’ all the guys from… | 他带来的小伙子来自… |
[24:22] | * My Home Is on the Delta” by Muddy Waters | * 歌曲名 |
[24:34] | L feel llke cryLn r | 我想哭 |
[24:39] | But you know the tears won’t come down | 但流不出眼泪 |
[24:45] | Don’t touch my stuff, brother. | 别碰我的东西 |
[24:48] | Leave that to the big boys. | 这是大人看的 |
[24:51] | Probably ain’t even heard of the Panthers back in Indiana. | 你大概没听说过印第安纳的黑豹 |
[24:55] | -an, I know about ’em. | 我知道 |
[24:58] | It’s one thing to know about ’em. It’s another to live the life. | 知道是一回事 那样生活又是另一回事 |
[25:01] | Well, I don’t need a book to live a life. | 我不需要靠一本书来生活 |
[25:05] | Brothers! Mm. We crossin’ the bridge tonight. | 兄弟们 我们今晚要出去热闹热闹 |
[25:09] | I hear Juarez is jumpin’ with some fine gals. | 我听到少女们在跳华尔兹 |
[25:13] | What are you gonna do when you find ’em, fool? You don’t speak Espanol. | 你跟她们见上面了又如何 你又不会西班牙语 |
[25:20] | He has his rules, I got mine. Rule number one: Let’s get into some trouble. | 他有他的 我有我的 第一条: 去惹点麻烦吧 |
[25:24] | -Come on! -Willie Worsley needs the ladies. | -来吧 -威利·沃斯利要找姑娘 |
[25:28] | -Better be some girls there too, brother. -You don’t know what to do with ’em. | -那里最好有女孩 -你见到他们也不知道干吗 |
[25:36] | Peace, brother. | 冷静 兄弟 |
[25:37] | -You know we got practice in the a.m. -Well, good. | -你不知道明天上午有练习吗? -那好吧 |
[25:40] | You stay here and you get a good headstart. | 你呆在这里开个好头吧 |
[25:43] | You know I just been sittin’ here thinkin’… | 我坐着思考 |
[26:04] | -I’m going back. Somebody come with me. -Hey, relax, Shed. Just smile. | -我要回去了 谁和我一起 -放松 谢德 微笑 |
[26:09] | Everybody try to look Mexican. | 大家都装成墨西哥人 |
[26:11] | I’m six foot three. | 我身高6尺3 怎么装得像 |
[26:13] | Try to look like three Mexicans, then. How you doin’? All right. | 那就装成3个墨西哥人 你好 |
[26:28] | -Worsley, you next. -No, no, no, no. | -沃斯利 该你了 -不不 |
[26:31] | Elijah Muhammad and the Black Muslims say that liquor steals a man’s mind. | 伊赖·莫汗莫德和黑人穆斯林都说 酒精会使人丧失心智 |
[26:34] | Man, Elijah Muhammad never played for a crazy white man. | 伊赖·莫汗莫德没为疯子白人教练 打过球 |
[26:38] | Excuse me, senor. Senor? | 小姐 打搅一下 |
[26:41] | You mind fillin’ this shot glass up with some cold water? | 可不可以倒点冷水给我 |
[26:44] | My man Worsley wants to take a swim. | 我朋友沃斯利要在杯子里游泳 |
[26:52] | Seriously, I’m not busting my butt out there for him anymore. | 实话实说 我不会再任他奴役了 |
[26:55] | They’re using us, so I’m gonna use ’em right back. | 他们在利用我们 我要以牙还牙 |
[26:58] | Education is the key, guys. | 教育是块敲门砖 |
[27:01] | Blah, blah, blah. | 诸如此类 |
[27:03] | Hey, hey. Educate this. | 教育这个 |
[27:07] | -Hey, sweet thing. -Gracias. | -美人 -谢谢 |
[27:10] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么? |
[27:11] | Why do you need to know my name? You ain’t gonna be usin’ it. | 问我名字做什么 你又用不着 |
[27:15] | You all business tonight? | 你今天整晚当班吗 |
[27:17] | Looks like a cold night in Mexico for you, boy. | 看来今晚的墨西哥之夜待你不善 |
[27:22] | Doing OK, Tina? | 工作顺利吧 蒂娜 |
[27:24] | Hey, listen. I was just playing with you back there. | 我刚才只是和你开玩笑 |
[27:28] | My name is Bobby Joe. | 我叫鲍比·乔 |
[27:32] | My friends call me Bobby Joe. | 我朋友都叫我鲍比·乔 |
[27:34] | Tina. And I go to the same school you do. | 蒂娜 我和你是同一间学校的 |
[27:38] | And I’m not about to fall for that smooth-talking Negro routine. | 但我不会上你花言巧语的当 |
[27:42] | -My mama warned me about you. -Your mama don’t even know me. | -我妈妈告诫我当心你这种人 -你妈妈都不认识我 |
[27:45] | She said watch out for pretty boys with big smiles, worn shoes, | 她说当心穿着旧皮鞋笑眯眯的帅哥 |
[27:50] | and single dollars in their pockets. | 他们兜里通常没几个钱 |
[27:52] | Well, that’s not me. I’m telling you, you got me all wrong. | 我不是这种人 你看错我了 |
[27:56] | -Sugar pie, honey bunch -Sugar pie, honey bunch | 甜心 宝贝 |
[28:00] | You know that I love you | 你知道我爱你的 |
[28:02] | Love you | 爱你 |
[28:03] | I can’t help myself | 我情不自禁 |
[28:06] | I love you and nobody else | 我比谁都爱你 |
[28:15] | Como estas. Everybody? | 大家好 |
[28:19] | What was that, son? I didn’t get that. | 什么意思? 我不懂 |
[28:24] | How is everybody today? Feeling all right? | 今天感觉如何 一切正常吗 |
[28:28] | You OK, Bobby Joe? | 你没事吧 鲍比·乔 |
[28:34] | Hey, I hear you speak Spanish, right? | 你会说西班牙语是吗 |
[28:37] | -Sir? -I’m just wondering. | -什么? -我正纳闷 |
[28:40] | You looking a little tired. All that fancy footwork of yours tire you out yesterday? | 你看上去有点累 你昨晚练习累了吗 |
[28:46] | Or was it something else? | 还是你干别的去了 |
[28:49] | Now, because some of you were bitten by the evil worm last night, | 因为你们中间有人昨晚中了邪 |
[28:53] | this morning, all of you are gonna run. | 今天早上罚你们全体折返跑 |
[28:56] | -The evil worm never bit me! -Hundred lines! Let’s do it! Let’s sprint! | -我没中邪啊 -一百遍 跑起来 |
[28:59] | Lattin, get to the baseline, son. | 拉丁 去底线就位 |
[29:05] | Y’all are gonna burn holes in your shoes today! | 你们今天要跑到鞋磨穿不可 |
[29:07] | You look like you’re running in mud, son! Are you kiddin’ me? Are you kiddin’ me? | 你好像陷在泥潭里了 你在戏弄我吗 |
[29:13] | Hill, get your butt down. | 希尔 重心放低 |
[29:16] | There’s 31 days before the season starts, and you’re gonna run every one of ’em. | 还有31天赛季开始 你们每天都要苦练 |
[29:22] | Oh, that was pretty. Hey, that was real pretty. | 漂亮 很漂亮 |
[29:25] | Everybody see that behind-the-back? The circus has come to town. | 大家都看到那个背后运球了吗 马戏团来了 |
[29:29] | -What are you doing? -I’m just playing my game. | -你在干什么? -打出自己的风格 |
[29:31] | We’re playing my game here. All that other stuff’s just insecurity. | 我的球队要有我的风格 除此以外的打球方式不保险 |
[29:35] | Great players make simple, basic, easy plays. Showboating’s just insecurity. | 伟大的球员打球简练实用 花哨动作经不起实战 |
[29:44] | He didn’t want us playing our game? Why’d he bring us here? | 他不让我们保持自己的风格 那他带我们来这里干吗 |
[29:47] | -Man, I’m sick of him riding my butt. -I don’t need this, man! | -我厌倦他对我指手画脚了 -我不要这样 |
[29:50] | -You know what I’m sayin’? -Yes, you do. | -你明白我的意思吗 -你自己清楚 |
[30:00] | This ain’t basketball. You killing us! | 这不叫篮球 你在谋杀我们的才华 |
[30:04] | Well, from where I’m standing, you don’t got much to bargain with. | 就你我的身份差别而言 你没讨价还价的余地 |
[30:08] | What? | 怎么着? |
[30:11] | You wanna quit? | 你想退出? |
[30:14] | You wanna quit? | 你想退出? |
[30:17] | You quit right now, you’ll quit every day the rest of your life. | 你现在退出的话 你这辈子也打不上球了 |
[30:30] | Watch. | 走着瞧 |
[30:56] | Don’t worry. Gunsmoke wasn’t that good tonight. | 别担心 捣蛋鬼今天还算太平 |
[31:00] | How was the practice? | 训练情况如何 |
[31:05] | That good, huh? | 不错? |
[31:08] | Come on! Move those feet! Move the ball, faster! Faster! | 移动 传球 快 |
[31:14] | Get off me, farm boy. | 离我原点 乡下人 |
[31:17] | -Quit your crying, Harlem. -I told you I wasn’t from Harlem! | -别哭了 哈莱姆人 -我说了我不是哈莱姆人 |
[31:20] | Knock it off! Knock it… | 住手 |
[31:22] | Knock it off! Knock it off! Knock it off! Knock it off! | 住手 |
[31:26] | You’d done that in a game, it’d be a technical foul for fighting. | 你们如果在比赛中这样 就是一次技术犯规 |
[31:30] | Both of you’d be ejected. Probably cost us the game, son. | 你们都会被驱逐出场 可能会导致我们输球 |
[31:33] | Baseline, everybody. Y’all gonna run ’cause of their selfishness. | 大家去底线折返跑 要怪就怪他们俩 |
[31:37] | Two weeks before the game, and you still don’t listen. | 赛季开始只有2个礼拜了 你们还是不听话 |
[31:39] | Class, make sure can you identify all the minerals in your boxes. | 同学们 要保证能辨认 盒子里所有的矿石 |
[31:44] | I’ll be passing around to your stations, so if you have any problems, let me know. | 有什么问题尽管发问 我会过来解答 |
[31:59] | This team does not play playground ball. | 这支球队打的不是野球 |
[32:01] | We play fundamental, disciplined defensive basketball. | 我们打的是重视基础 强调防守的纪律篮球 |
[32:05] | Togo? Hey, show Mr. Cager how to make a shot. | 托格 给凯奇先生示范一下 怎么上篮 |
[32:12] | There you go. | 就是这样 |
[32:17] | -You want me to do that? -Mm-hm. | -你要我这样上篮? -对 |
[32:20] | Come on, Coach. What about my stylin’? I got way too much style to do that. | 得了 教练 我的风格动作呢 我有很多风格动作呢 |
[32:23] | You leave the styling for the barber shop. Just show me you belong in the NCAA. | 把风格留在发型上吧 证明给我看看你是NCAA球员 |
[32:35] | OK, guys. | 伙计们 |
[32:46] | You’re a smart kid, Harry. | 你是个聪明孩子 哈里 |
[32:48] | But these grades ain’t pulling the truck up the hill. | 但这样的成绩可不成 |
[32:51] | It’s just that every class is about rocks, and I’m a black man. I don’t do rocks. | 上课内容都是讲石头 我是黑人 对石头不感兴趣 |
[32:57] | You got two weeks to get your grades up. Or else. | 给你2个星期提高成绩 否则另当别论 |
[33:01] | -You hear me? -Yes, sir. | -听到了吗 -是的 先生 |
[33:06] | -How’d it go? -What’s he gonna do? | -如何 -还能怎么样 |
[33:08] | He’s already run our asses ragged. | 管教我们的老一套 |
[33:13] | She’s a great girl. | 这个女孩棒极了 |
[33:16] | Mm! What’s that girl? | 那个女孩怎么样? |
[33:18] | On my way… | 在路上 |
[33:20] | -Is she cute? -No. | -她可爱吗 -不 |
[33:22] | -Yeah. -She’s a cutie pie, but she’s not cute. | -是吗 -她很甜 不过不能说可爱 |
[33:35] | Who can tell me the field classification of phaneritic rocks? | 谁能告诉我显晶性岩的分类 |
[33:39] | My son Harry can. | 我儿子哈里可以 |
[33:42] | Yes, ma’am. | 是 夫人 |
[33:43] | Granite, syenite and gabbro. | 花岗岩 黑花岗岩 辉长岩 |
[33:47] | Can anybody tell me how they are formed? | 谁能告诉我它们是怎么形成的 |
[33:50] | Yes, ma’am. Harry can. | 夫人 哈里可以 |
[33:55] | -By slow cooling plutons? -And what is a pluton? | -火成岩缓慢冷却形成 -火成岩是什么 |
[33:58] | Harry. | 哈里 |
[34:00] | It is a deep-seated igneous intrusion with no visible floor. | 在地表深处由地火侵蚀而成 |
[34:05] | Very good, Harry. | 很好 哈里 |
[34:06] | * “Baby Love” by The Supremes on record player | * 歌曲名 |
[34:11] | You know I love you, but… | 你知道我爱你 但是… |
[34:13] | Nah, I can’t. I can’t do that. Not again. | 我不能 那可不行 |
[34:15] | Please, baby. Don’t make me do it again. Please. | 求你了 别再逼我这么做 |
[34:20] | Baby love, my baby love | 亲爱的宝贝 亲爱的宝贝 |
[34:23] | I need you Oh, how I need you | 我需要你 |
[34:28] | But all you do is treat me bad | 但你却不给我好脸看 |
[34:31] | Break my heart and… | 伤我的心 |
[34:36] | Don’t ever enter when I’m entertaining a lady friend! | 我在讨好女性的时候不许进门 |
[34:38] | -I didn’t know. -Check that vent! | -我不知道 -你看门口 |
[34:40] | I told you when that vent’s open, it’s too hot for you to come in here. | 我说过门开着的时候 你不许随便进来 |
[34:44] | -Hey, man, cool down, man. -You dig? | -冷静 伙计 -你懂吗 |
[34:46] | OK. OK. | 可以 可以 |
[35:01] | Shed. | 谢德 |
[35:02] | -Come on, brother. -Here we go now. | -起来 兄弟 -起来了 |
[35:04] | Can’t be good for his back. | 这样睡对腰背不好 |
[35:07] | Shed. | 谢德 |
[35:09] | Have you even slept in your bed yet? | 你睡过床吗 |
[35:11] | Hey, it’s time for practice. You’ve been sleeping out here all night. | 该练习了 你在这里睡了一晚 |
[35:15] | Rise and shine. Like you used to it. | 起来了 你好像习惯这么睡 |
[35:20] | Here, man. Go buy yourself a hot dog-o. | 给你 去买热狗吃 |
[35:35] | Gimme your base. Balls of your feet. | 把住重心 站稳 |
[35:38] | Get your arms up. Get your arms up. There you go. | 手举起来 来了 |
[35:47] | I know I told you not to dunk, but if he’s playing that weak, slam it down his throat. | 虽说我不许你扣篮 但若他那么软弱的话 就扣死他 |
[35:53] | You know what, Shed? You’re like a duck. You wake up in a new world every day. | 谢德 你像只鸭子 你每天都像刚生下来一样 |
[35:57] | Waitress down at Dairy Queen’s tougher than you are. | 冰激凌店的女招待都比你硬朗 |
[36:00] | All right. Hey, move your feet. Come on, get back to the practice. | 动起来 继续练习 |
[36:06] | -Well, there’s seven of them. -Actually, there’s 12 in all. | -有7个人 -一共12个人 |
[36:11] | Yeah, but seven of the other ones. | 但有7个异类 |
[36:25] | Coach… | 教练 |
[36:27] | You’re going home. | 你回家吧 |
[36:31] | Home? What are you talking about? | 回什么家 你说什么 |
[36:33] | Too afraid to rebound and defend. You’re too soft. | 不敢抢篮板 不敢防守 你太软了 |
[36:36] | -That’s why I’m sending you home. -Ah, come on! No! | -所以我要送你回家 -不要 |
[36:39] | The season’s two days away. You can’t send me home! | 赛季还有2天开始 你不能送我走 |
[36:42] | I can’t have a big man that’s afraid to play like one. | 我不要软绵绵的大个子 |
[36:46] | -No. -There’s your ticket. | -别 -这是你的车票 |
[36:50] | Coach. Please! | 教练 求你了 |
[36:53] | I’ll never be able to look my daddy in the eye again! Coach! | 我回去没脸见老爹 |
[36:57] | * woman sings “Jordan River” | * 歌曲名 |
[37:01] | Lrm bound to cross | 我跳过 |
[37:06] | O h, Jordan RLLver | 乔丹河 |
[37:10] | Lrm bound to cross | 我跳过 |
[37:15] | Look at those moves! Look at how he slices the defense! He’s unstoppable! | 看他的移动步法 看他怎么瓦解防守 他不可阻挡 |
[37:18] | Look at that jump shot! | 看那跳投 |
[37:22] | It’s all good! Roy, it’s all good! | 完美 罗伊 完美 |
[37:26] | The crowd goes wild, Roy. | 观众疯狂了 罗伊 |
[37:34] | My mother, she rll be wa LtLng | 我妈妈 她在等待 |
[37:38] | L got just one more rLLLver | 还剩一条河 |
[37:43] | T o cross | 要跨越 |
[37:45] | You spilled a lot of sweat on this floor, | 你们在这块场地流下不少汗水 |
[37:47] | and it’s gonna pay off. | 会有回报的 |
[37:50] | Now, I know it seems I’ve been hard on you for no reason. | 我知道我待你们严格得过分 |
[37:53] | But I’ve been tough because I know how good you can be. | 我严格是因为我知道你们能成才 |
[37:57] | People outside this gym, they don’t think we got a chance this season, | 外人认为我们这个赛季没戏 |
[38:01] | playing with players none of the big schools wanted. | 凭你们这些被名校挑剩下的球员没戏 |
[38:04] | But those people don’t know you. I do. | 但那些人不了解你们 我了解 |
[38:08] | You’re talented. You’re disciplined. | 你们天赋超人 纪律严明 |
[38:11] | And you care about the guy standing next to you. | 你们团结一致 |
[38:14] | That’s how we’re gonna win, starting tomorrow night. | 所以我们能赢 从明晚开始 |
[38:16] | So let’s go out there and let’s play Texas Western basketball. | 让我们走出去 打响德州西部大学的篮球招牌 |
[38:21] | Let’s make that mean something. | 让我们名垂青史 |
[38:26] | On three. | 数3下 |
[38:30] | 1 2 3 One, two, three. | |
[38:32] | Miners! | 矿工队 |
[38:34] | All right, all right. | 好了 |
[38:35] | -Let’s go, quick. Come on. -Here we go. | -快点 开始吧 -开始 |
[38:39] | -What are you still doing here, Shed? -I’m… I’m ready to play. | -你还待着干吗 -我准备好打球了 |
[38:43] | Well, you had your chance to be a man. Now, go on. Take your ticket and go home. | 你有过这样的机会 现在拿着车票回去吧 |
[38:47] | -Come on, man, let me play. -I can’t. You might get hurt. | -让我打吧 -不行 你受伤怎么办 |
[38:51] | Let me play! | 让我打球 |
[38:54] | Come on, come on, come on! I don’t care how tired you are. | 快点 我不管你累不累 |
[39:01] | That’s the way to play. | 就该这样打球 |
[39:06] | Let me look at that. Come here and let me look at that! Hold on. | 我看看 过来我看看 |
[39:09] | -I’m all right. -I know you’re OK. | -我没事 -我知道你没事 |
[39:11] | You’re walking, but your nose ain’t in good shape. You’re getting blood all over. | 你能走路 不过你鼻子破了 血流满地 |
[39:15] | -I’m all right. -Hold your head back. You’re bleeding. | -我没事 -头抬高 你在流血 |
[39:19] | All right, let’s play. Come on. | 好了 我们继续 |
[39:26] | Quit hopping around like a jack rabbit. I said rotate in. | 别像个野兔似地巴望了 我说了轮转下去 |
[39:33] | You a catcher now? | 你改行做捕手了 |
[39:38] | -Ain’t nothing gonna stop me from playing. -He won’t go to the doctor, Coach. | -没什么可以阻止我打球 -他不肯去看医生 教练 |
[39:43] | That’s right. I’m not going anywhere. I’m here to stay. | 是的 我哪儿也不去 我要坚守岗位 |
[39:48] | Just go get your nose taken care of. We’re gonna need ya this season, all right? | 去治好鼻子 我们这个赛季还需要你呢 |
[39:53] | There you go, Nevil. | 去吧 内维尔 |
[40:05] | Hi again. Everybody. This is Judd Milton. The voice of the Miners on KTSM 1380. | 大家好 我是贾德 在KTSM1380频道为您播报矿工队比赛 |
[40:10] | Welcome. It’s our home opener. | 欢迎 这是我们主场啦啦队 |
[40:12] | And we’re hosting the Greyhounds of Eastern New Mexico State College. | 我们迎来的是东新墨西哥 州立学院灰狗队 |
[40:17] | This is a night of questions. | 今晚的比赛充满悬念 |
[40:19] | Will Don Haskins, the little-known coach of the Benjamin High School girls’ team, | 威尔·唐·哈斯金斯 名不见经传的本杰明高中女队教练 |
[40:24] | be able to lift the Miners to respectability? | 能让矿工队赢得尊敬吗? |
[40:26] | -Let me see. -Let go! | -让我瞧瞧 -别动 |
[40:27] | -What? -Don’t touch it, man. | -干吗 -别碰 |
[40:29] | Hey, man. Where were you? | 你去哪里了 |
[40:31] | It was a late night, if y’all know what I mean. | 昨夜未眠 你懂吗 |
[40:35] | Are you ever gonna straighten up, man? | 你热身运动做过吗 |
[40:37] | Somebody say something? | 有人在说话吗 |
[40:40] | And now your Texas Western Miners! | 现在请出德州西部大学矿工队 |
[40:50] | At guard. El Paso’s own David Palacio! | 后卫 埃尔·帕索本地人 大卫·帕拉奇奥 |
[40:55] | At forward, from Eagleville, Missouri, Jerry Armstrong! | 前锋 密苏里鹰郡人 杰瑞·阿姆斯特朗 |
[41:01] | At guard. From Detroit. Michigan. Bobby Joe Hill! | 后卫 密歇根底特律人 鲍比·乔·希尔 |
[41:09] | At forward. From Gary. Indiana. Harry Flournoy! | 前锋 印第安纳加里人 哈里·佛罗诺 |
[41:17] | And in center. From Houston. Texas. David “Big Daddy D” Lattin! | 中锋 德州休斯敦人 大卫”大老爹”拉丁 |
[41:26] | Three of ’em, Wallace. They look like the damn Tuskegee Institute out there. | 3个黑人 华莱士 他们像塔斯基吉学院代表队似的 |
[41:30] | Just when did we become a colored school? | 我们什么时候变成黑人学校了 |
[41:33] | your 1965 Texas Western Miners! | 德州西部大学矿工队1965赛季 |
[41:39] | The Miners win the tip-off to start the season. | 矿工队揭幕战跳球成功 |
[41:41] | -Go, Hill. Set it up. Take your time. -Set it up! | -希尔 控制节奏 按部就班 -落位 |
[41:49] | Hey, protect the ball. | 嗨 注意护球 |
[41:51] | Not a good start for the Miners. | 矿工队开局不佳 |
[41:53] | Hey, Hill, you notice your man just scored on you? | 希尔 注意刚才在你头顶得分的人 |
[41:57] | Mitch, over here, over here! | 米奇 这里 |
[41:59] | -Hill spins to the basket. Puts it up for two! -Stop showboating! | -希尔穿花绕步 上篮得分 -别做花哨动作 |
[42:02] | Fundamental basketball, Hill. Watch your base. | 注意基本动作 注意下盘 |
[42:06] | You didn’t have a base – that’s how he went around you. | 你下盘没扎好 所以被过了 |
[42:09] | Coach Haskins trying to mold these guys into team players…Cager for two. | 哈斯金斯教练想把这些球员捏合 到一起 凯奇得2分 |
[42:15] | Cager, just lay the ball off the board. | 凯奇 擦板进筐就可以了 |
[42:20] | Get your hand in his face, son! You gotta challenge that shot. | 用手阻挡他的视线 妨碍他投篮 |
[42:24] | Right here, over here. Shoot it. | 这边 投篮 |
[42:26] | Where’s the D? There ain’t no D. | 防守呢 怎么没防守 |
[42:30] | Hill wheelin’ and dealin’. The ball’s loose! | 希尔带球突进 球丢了 |
[42:32] | -That’s why I don’t want you showboating. -Let’s go! | -我早叫你别玩花哨动作 -前进 |
[42:35] | Hey, Armstrong. Hey, Flournoy. Are you kiddin’ me? | 阿姆斯特朗 佛罗诺 你在耍我吗 |
[42:38] | Lattin, you’re ankle-deep in the floor, son. | 拉丁 你是内线霸主 |
[42:42] | Drive that ball! There it is! | 横冲直撞 就是这样 |
[42:48] | Hey, I saw it, son. | 我记住了 |
[42:49] | And the Miners lead by four. | 矿工队领先4分 |
[42:52] | They need one stop now. | 他们需要暂停 |
[42:54] | Good defense, Armstrong! Good defense! | 防得好 阿姆斯特朗 |
[42:57] | So the Don Haskins era begins in victory. A four-point win | 唐·哈斯金斯时代以胜利开始 赢了4分 |
[43:01] | over a less-than-impressive squad from Eastern New Mexico. | 战胜了实力平平的东新墨西哥州 代表队 |
[43:05] | But the real story tonight – | 但今晚最引人注目的是 |
[43:06] | Coach Haskins putting three Negro players into the starting lineup – | 哈斯金斯教练在先发阵容里 用了3名黑人球员 |
[43:10] | a move that’s sure to stir things up both on and off the court this season. | 这一举动势必在这个赛季 的球场内外掀起轩然大波 |
[43:20] | * “I’ve Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now)” by Otis Redding over radio | * 歌曲名 |
[43:39] | -You’ve got all the moves, don’t you? -Oh, yeah. | -你使出浑身解数了是吗 -是啊 |
[43:43] | Tried it on a hundred girls? | 这样对付过上百个女孩了? |
[43:46] | Maybe 50 or 60. | 大概5 60个吧 |
[43:52] | I’m tired of moving around. I just wanna stay in one place for a while. | 我厌倦了东奔西波 我想安顿下来 |
[43:57] | Put down some roots for once. You got what it takes, Bobby Joe? | 试着过稳定生活 你能接受吗 鲍比·乔 |
[44:24] | -Hey, Coach, I can’t go no more! -I think you can go some more. | -教练 我跑不动了 -我觉得你还行 |
[44:27] | You got energy for all kind of nonsense instead of putting it in your team! | 你有精力风花雪月 没精力帮助球队 |
[44:31] | Instead of demonstrating some respect and being a leader! | 不愿以身作则 充当领袖 |
[44:34] | I ain’t got no team! | 我不是球队老大 |
[44:36] | We ain’t going nowhere! You telling us all the time how bad we are! | 我们什么也干不了 你老是指摘我们不是 |
[44:40] | We know we ain’t gonna win! What do I got to respect? | 我们觉得自己不会有作为 我拿什么赢得队友尊敬 |
[44:52] | My old man drove a truck for the better half of his life. | 我老爹开卡车营生以期能安渡余年 |
[44:56] | Now, there ain’t nothing wrong with that… other than the fact he hated it. | 这没什么不好 不过他讨厌这种生活 |
[45:00] | That’s the only way he knew how to put food on the table | 但这是他唯一懂得的谋生之道 |
[45:03] | and give his kids a chance to do something they loved. | 以此供给他的孩子做 自己想做的事的机会 |
[45:07] | I love this game. I love this game. | 我热爱这项运动 |
[45:12] | I never was the greatest player. | 我没当过伟大球员 |
[45:14] | But I busted my butt, and I outworked better players. | 但我努力练习 比天才球员更勤奋 |
[45:19] | I ain’t the smartest coach, but I bust my butt and I outwork smarter coaches. | 我也不是伟大教练 但我比天才教练更勤奋 |
[45:23] | And when I see the talent you got and I see you wasting it, ticks me off. | 当我看到你有天分却浪费 这让我痛心 |
[45:29] | Now, if you couldn’t get in the gym, if you didn’t have the opportunity, | 如果你那天不在球馆 你没机会打球 |
[45:35] | there’d be nothing for us to talk about, | 那我们连认识的可能都没有 |
[45:37] | but, son, I’ve been there. Times are different. You’re in the gym. | 但我去了那里 一切都不同了 你现在有机会施展才华 |
[45:41] | And if you’re in the gym, you step out on that floor, you better respect my father, me, | 如果你到球馆 有机会上场时 你最好尊重我和我父亲 |
[45:46] | and you better respect yourself and play some basketball. | 也尊重你自己 打出像样的篮球 |
[45:53] | Midway through the first half. Iowa playing well. | 上半场过半 爱荷华控制着场上局势 |
[45:55] | Of course. That’s to be expected. They’re undefeated. Number four in the country. | 显然这是意料之中的 他们是全国第四 迄今未尝败绩 |
[46:03] | Iowa. Always a contender in the Big Ten. And there’s a bucket for the Hawkeyes. | 爱荷华一直是Big Ten盟校中的强队. 鹰眼队又得2分 |
[46:08] | Coach Haskins is not happy. It’s an eight-point game right now. | 哈斯金斯教练很不爽 现在差8分了 |
[46:13] | Hey! Tighten up out there! | 那边要看紧 |
[46:18] | Stay on him! Stay on him! | 盯住他 盯住他 |
[46:20] | Shed, box out! Shed! | 谢德 卡住位置 |
[46:24] | -Count the bucket. -Shed, would you box out? | -2分算进还要加罚 -谢德 你怎么不卡位 |
[46:30] | That’s it! We got ’em now. | 对了 我们占据主动了 |
[46:33] | Texas Western struggling to score against this tough Hawkeyes’ defense. | 德州西部大学在鹰眼队的紧逼下 努力寻找机会 |
[46:37] | And there’s a great block just before the half. | 半场哨响前的漂亮盖帽 |
[46:40] | I’ve seen a lot of rough halves in basketball. But the Miners are struggling. | 我经历过很多糟糕的半场 但矿工队这次真的凶多吉少 |
[46:45] | They’ll go to the locker room down by 16 points. | 他们带着16分的包袱进入了更衣室 |
[46:50] | Say it, Hill. Come on, Hill, say it. | 有话就说出来 希尔 快说吧 |
[46:54] | We can’t play like this! They’re better than us at your game. | 我们不能这么打 用你的方式打不过他们 |
[46:58] | You need to let us loose! | 应该让我们自由发挥 |
[47:01] | Just stick to the plan, Bobby Joe. | 按原计划执行 鲍比·乔 |
[47:04] | You want fundamental basketball, right? | 你想要基础篮球 对吗 |
[47:10] | Iowa is just flat outplaying Texas Western. It’s been a difficult game so far. | 爱荷华轻松压制着德州西部 到目前为止对手都无法翻身 |
[47:15] | Ain’t our night, Coach. | 今晚很背运啊 教练 |
[47:18] | Hey, Hill. Time-out. Time, time, time! | 暂停 暂停 |
[47:21] | Time-out, white. | 白色 暂停 |
[47:25] | Coach… | 教练 |
[47:29] | if you let us play our game. | 如果让我们按自己的风格打球的话 |
[47:37] | All right, Hill, you play your game. And you play my game. | 好吧 希尔 你们按自己的风格打 然后再按我的风格打 |
[47:43] | -You ready to play? -Yeah, let’s do it. | -你准备好了吗 -是的 让我们上吧 |
[47:54] | And the Miners have a couple of baskets back to back. | 矿工队连得4分 |
[47:58] | Still. Though. A huge deficit. | 但差距依然很大 |
[48:03] | Orsten Artis with a steal. Bounce pass to Bobby Joe Hill. He drives it in for two! | 奥斯滕·阿蒂斯抢断 地板传球给 鲍比·乔·希尔 得2分 |
[48:08] | Well. The Miners have really turned it up a notch defensively. | 矿工队用防守打开一条缺口 |
[48:16] | Now it looks like Iowa is the team that’s struggling. | 现在轮到爱荷华陷入苦战 |
[48:19] | This full-court pressure by the Miners has the Hawkeyes rattled. | 矿工队的全场紧逼把 鹰眼队弄得手忙脚乱 |
[48:23] | Go to the basket! Go! | 往篮下走 |
[48:43] | The comeback is on. 59-48. Iowa still with the lead. | 时间在流逝 59-48 爱荷华仍旧领先 |
[48:47] | Come on, son. | 过来 孩子 |
[48:49] | Bring us home. | 带我们回家 |
[48:53] | -Good news -Oh. Lord | -好消息 -主啊 |
[48:55] | -Good news -Oh. Lord | -好消息 -主啊 |
[48:57] | Defense! Defense! | 防守 防守 |
[48:58] | -All about it -Good news | -关于这 -好消息 |
[49:00] | All about learning. All about learning | 关于学习 |
[49:04] | I take it to the Savior. Take it to the Savior | 我带给救世主 |
[49:07] | A II a bout loLve | 关于爱 |
[49:10] | There it is. | 这就对了 |
[49:12] | I take it to the Savior. Take it to the Savior | 我带给救世主 |
[49:16] | Down 16 at the half. Texas Western has clawed their way back into this game! | 半场落后16分的情况下 德州西部大学又夺回了比赛主动 |
[49:24] | Miners trail by one with 15 seconds left in the game. They have a shot to win this. | 还剩15秒 矿工队还落后一分 他们还有一次进攻机会 |
[49:30] | Hill! Hill! Nine, nine! | 希尔 9秒 |
[49:33] | Spread their D! Their D! | 扯开他们的防线 |
[49:36] | Hill goes down the middle. Looks right. Nothing there. | 希尔运球到中间 往右看 没机会 |
[49:38] | Looks left. He’s gonna try it himself! | 往左看 他大概要自己突 |
[49:41] | He is swarmed by Hawkeyes. Splits the defense. Puts it up! | 他遭到鹰眼队包夹 撕开防守 投篮 |
[49:44] | And it’s good! Miners win! | 进了 矿工队赢了 |
[49:46] | Miners win! I’m seeing it with my own eyes and I still don’t believe it! | 矿工队赢了 我不敢相信自己的眼睛 |
[49:50] | The Miners take down perennial powerhouse Iowa. | 矿工队战胜了老牌强队爱荷华 |
[49:54] | Number four in the nation and the first top-ranked team we have faced all year! | 全国第四名 一直以来公认的一流队伍 |
[49:58] | These Miners are for real! | 这帮矿工不是盖的 |
[50:04] | You were playing tonight, not acting like a chump. | 你今晚打得不像过去那么木讷嘛 |
[50:07] | I’m never a chump. I was always a player. | 我从来就这样打的 |
[50:09] | My man. | 好兄弟 |
[50:11] | Douse the fire and call in the dogs! | 大冷门 |
[50:14] | Whoever heard of Texas Western? Well, the Hawkeyes have. | 谁听说过德州西部大学 现在鹰眼队听说过了 |
[50:36] | -Y’all going to church? -Shh! | -你们去教堂啊 -嘘 |
[50:39] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[50:41] | * “Going to a Go-go” by Smokey Robinson and The Miracles | * 歌曲名 |
[50:47] | Why we got these honkies with us? | 我们带着白鬼干吗 |
[50:48] | Yeah, what are you honkies doing here? | 就是 你们这2个白鬼跟来干吗 |
[50:51] | Hey, man. We got more in the car behind us too. | 我们身后更多呢 |
[50:54] | -What are you doin’ up front? -Calm down. | -你们在前面干吗 -冷静 |
[50:56] | Hey! Don’t… | 别 |
[51:00] | * “Shotgun” by Jr. Walker and the All-Stars | * 歌曲名 |
[51:07] | Big Daddy’s home, baby. | 大老爹回家了 |
[51:37] | Baudoin! Man, you something else! | 鲍顿 你真与众不同 |
[51:39] | I didn’t think a white boy would eat chitlins! Pig intestines. | 我以为白人不吃大肠呢 猪大肠啊 |
[51:48] | * “Get Ready” by The Temptations | * 歌曲名 |
[51:51] | -What’s your friend’s name? -Uh… | -你朋友叫什么 -嗯 |
[51:54] | -That’s Big Daddy. -Hm. | -大老爹 -嗯 |
[51:59] | I’m-I’m Little Daddy. | 我是小老爹啊 |
[52:02] | Whenever I’m asked who makes my dreams real | 当我被问到谁让我梦想成真时 |
[52:05] | I say that you do You’re out of sight | 我说是你 你已不在 |
[52:13] | So I was wondering…Do you guys wanna be called colored or black? | 我很好奇 你们希望我们 叫你们黑人还是有色人 |
[52:19] | -Do we look like a load of laundry to you? -Jerry, look. | -我们是一堆待洗的衣物吗 -杰瑞 听着 |
[52:23] | Jerry, we black. OK? | 杰瑞 我们是黑人 |
[52:25] | -Black? -Yes. We black. | -黑人 -是的 我们是黑人 |
[52:28] | -I thought you were called the other one. -No, man. Black is bad, man. Bad. | -我一直以为你们喜欢另一种称呼 -不 黑人是贬义的 |
[52:34] | That’s what I mean, black is bad. | 对啊 黑人是贬义的 |
[52:36] | -Can I preach to him? -Preach on. | -我可以开导他吗 -开导吧 |
[52:38] | -No, Mayberry Jerry. “Bad” means good. -OK, now. | -梅贝里·杰瑞 “贬义”是褒义的 -现在没问题了吧 |
[52:42] | -No, no, no. “Bad” means bad. I know that. -No, no. Listen. | -胡说 “贬义”就是贬义的 我不傻 -听好 |
[52:46] | With Ellie Mae, Uncle Jed and Granny out on the farm, “bad” might be bad. | 你们农场上的规矩 “贬义”也许是贬义的 |
[52:50] | -Well… -But with us, “bad” is good. You dig? | -行了 -但对我们来说 “贬义”是褒义的 懂了吗 |
[52:54] | -Say it, rev. -Come on. | -还有什么疑问 -说吧 |
[52:56] | -OK, “bad” is good. -Talk to me, baby! You’re with me now. | -“贬义”是褒义 -说吧 你现在可以和我沟通了 |
[53:00] | OK. | 好的 |
[53:02] | So then what does “good” mean? | 那”褒义”是什么意思 |
[53:05] | * “Ain’t That Peculiar” by Marvin Gaye | * 歌曲名 |
[53:08] | Lke a chLld that rs lost Lts home | 像小孩子没了家 |
[53:11] | Maybe. Baby. You think these tears I cry are tears of joy | 也许你认为我的眼泪是快乐的泪水 |
[53:16] | A child can cry so much until you do everything they say | 小孩会哭到你满足他的要求为止 |
[53:22] | But unlike a child my tears don’t help me to get my way | 跟孩子不同 我的眼泪帮不了我 |
[53:31] | But how can love last through tears? | 但有泪怎会有爱 |
[53:35] | * “Down in the Boondocks” by Billy Joe Royal | * 歌曲名 |
[53:38] | People put me down ’cause that’s the side of town I was born in | 人们扔下我 因为那是我出生的地方 |
[53:42] | -Is that Billy Joe Royal? -Yeah. | -那是比利·乔·罗伊? -是的 |
[53:45] | His white ass wouldn’t know the poor side of town if I dropped him off in it. | 我要是把这小白脸扔到我出生 的穷地方 他就不知所措了 |
[53:50] | -What you got? -Wait, wait. Check this out. | -你听什么歌 -等一下 瞧瞧这个 |
[53:52] | Y’all know this song? | 你们知道这首歌吗 |
[53:53] | * “Ballad of the Green Berets” | * 歌曲名 |
[53:55] | Aw, man! Turn that down! | 关掉 |
[54:00] | * “I’m a Roadrunner” | * 歌曲名 |
[54:01] | Now we’re gettin’ our groove on, baby. | 这才是我们的音乐 |
[54:06] | You cats need to get with this. | 你们需要这个 |
[54:09] | * “Dancing in the Streets” by Martha and the Vandellas | * 歌曲名 |
[54:14] | T hey rre dancLng Ln O hLcago | 他们在芝加哥跳舞 |
[54:17] | -New Orleans! -New Orleans! | -新奥尔良 -新奥尔良 |
[54:22] | Ln LNe w York OLty | 在芝加哥 |
[54:26] | MusLc, s weet musLc | 音乐 悦耳的音乐 |
[54:30] | There’ll be music everywhere | 到处都有音乐 |
[54:34] | There’ll be swinging and swaying and records playing | 他们随着音乐舞动 |
[54:38] | Dancing in the street | 在街上跳舞 |
[54:41] | W ay do wn Ln A, eLvery day | 每天都在洛杉矶的街上舞蹈 |
[54:45] | For 12 years, I’ve been a good friend to this school. | 12年来 我对贵校偏爱有加 |
[54:49] | I support basketball, football, put up the money for the stadium. | 我支持篮球足球运动 花钱修建体育场馆 |
[54:54] | Always had Texas Western in my heart. | 总是惦记着德州西部大学 |
[54:57] | We could never have done any of it without you. | 没你我们什么都搞不起来 |
[55:00] | But I got a little problem with Haskins and all the colored boys he’s playing. | 我对哈斯金斯教练 用黑人球员感到不解 |
[55:04] | Now, he doesn’t need ’em to win, does he? | 他现在还需要他们帮助球队获胜吗 |
[55:08] | Well, we’re undefeated. | 至少我们目前未尝一败 |
[55:16] | -It’s blazin’ out there. -I’m starving. | -外面雪好大 -我饿死了 |
[55:18] | * “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen” over radio | * 歌曲名 |
[55:25] | Hey, man. I gotta hit the john. Order me some huevos rancheros. | 我去下厕所 帮我叫份墨西哥餐 |
[55:29] | Man, will you save that for El Paso? I’m ordering us some pancakes. | 你留到回埃尔·帕索吃不行吗 我要给大家叫烤薄饼 |
[55:33] | Whatever you get, get me something with salsa on it, OK? | 不管点什么 帮我加点萨沙(西班牙调味酱) |
[55:35] | -I already know what I’m gonna order. -Hey, y’all, pass the menus. | -我知道我要点什么了 -把菜单递给我看看 |
[55:40] | Hey. Great game last night. Never seen anybody play like that. | 昨晚打得真好 从没见过那么精彩的比赛 |
[55:45] | Oh, good morning. | 早上好 |
[55:47] | I need eggs. I need some sausage. Sausage. | 我要鸡蛋 腊肠 |
[55:53] | -It must be a New York thing. -That’s cool. | -这一定是纽约传过来的 -酷 |
[55:57] | Are you guys ordering pancakes? | 你们叫烤薄饼了吗 |
[55:59] | Don’t get your black stink on me, boy. | 别把你的黑臭味沾到我身上 |
[56:03] | Deck the halls with boughs of holly | 用树枝装饰大厅 |
[56:08] | -Hold on! -Give it a good scrub, huh? | -抓好 -洗洗干净 |
[56:11] | Have a merry Christmas, though. And have a good day. All right? | 圣诞快乐 祝你愉快 |
[56:22] | Hey, man, you see them eggs up there? Man, them a little plastic. | 伙计 你看到那蛋蛋了吗 有点软 |
[56:26] | -I don’t know, man. -Man, you can’t see it. | -我不知道 -看得清楚才怪呢 |
[56:38] | Shed! | 谢德 |
[56:40] | Shed, what happened? Something’s wrong. | 谢德 怎么回事 有状况 |
[56:44] | What happened, son? Shed, what happened? | 怎么回事 谢德 |
[56:49] | -Help me out here. -What’s going on? You all right? | -帮我一下 -怎么回事 你没事吧 |
[56:52] | -Help him. -Who did this? | -扶他一把 -谁干的 |
[57:04] | Anybody see ’em? | 有人看见他们吗 |
[57:06] | Son, get on this bus. Let’s go. Look at me. Look at me. Get on the bus. | 上车 孩子 看着我 上车 |
[57:11] | -Baudoin. -Who did this? | -鲍顿 -谁干的 |
[57:13] | -We ain’t going nowhere! -Get on the bus! Everyone get on there! | -我们哪里也不去 -上车 大家上车 |
[57:16] | -That everyone? -Move. | -到齐了吗 -上车 |
[57:22] | -I could kill a honky tonight. -Ain’t nobody killing nobody. | -我今晚想杀白鬼 -谁也不会动谁 |
[57:26] | I’m gonna start carrying a knife. | 我要开始随身带刀了 |
[57:28] | You show a blade, they gonna pull a shotgun. | 你动刀 他们就会使枪 |
[57:30] | What are we supposed to do? Just take it? | 那我们该怎么办 坐以待毙? |
[57:33] | Look, we can’t all live the Dr. King rule. What you want us to do? | 我们无法永远遵循着金博士的规矩 你想我们怎么做? |
[57:36] | -Get slapped, turn the other cheek? -Hell, no. I’m saying we think. | -左脸挨打 右脸迎上吗? -当然不是 我建议我们想想办法 |
[57:40] | When we go to the South, we gotta go in twos. | 我们在南方有2个客场 |
[57:44] | We’re always on the lookout for each other. Don’t turn your back on them crackers. | 我们必须保护好每个弟兄 别让白杂碎有可趁之机 |
[57:51] | Shed, you ain’t gotta be embarrassed. | 谢德 你不必感到羞耻 |
[57:53] | Could have happened to any one of us. | 这种事有可能发生在我们每个人身上 |
[57:56] | I tell you right now, they won’t catch us alone no more. I promise you that. | 我告诉你 他们不会再逮到我们落单 我向你保证 |
[58:01] | They come after one of us, they gonna have to fight all of us. | 他们找上我们中任何一个 就得面对我们所有人 |
[58:19] | Mary? | 玛丽? |
[58:20] | You’re really late, Don. Don’t come home late without calling. | 你回来太晚了 唐 别不通知就晚回家 |
[58:26] | You know, things happen to people… | 别人心里会有想法的 |
[58:28] | -Lemme get your plate and I’ll heat it up. -Honey, what is it? | -我去给你热饭 -亲爱的 那是什么 |
[58:31] | -Lemme get it. It’ll only take a minute. -Mary, just talk to me. What is it? | -我来处理 小事一桩 -玛丽 和我说说 是什么 |
[58:36] | Hey, what is this? | 这是什么 |
[58:38] | Honey, what is this? | 亲爱的 这是什么 |
[58:51] | -This the first? -No, I… | -这是第一次吗 -不是 |
[58:55] | I throw them away as soon as I get them. | 我一般一收到就扔了 |
[58:57] | -Why didn’t you say something to me? -I don’t know. I just… | -为什么不和我说 -不知道 我只是… |
[59:05] | My family’s most important. | 家庭对我永远是第一位的 |
[59:07] | How can I protect you if I don’t know what’s going on? | 如果我被蒙在鼓里 我怎么保护你们 |
[59:12] | Don. | 唐 |
[59:14] | Basketball’s been our whole life. But it’s just a game. | 篮球已经成为我们生活的全部 但这只是项体育运动 |
[59:20] | I don’t know if it’s worth this. | 我不知道这一切付出是否值得 |
[59:28] | No, neither do I. | 我也不知道 |
[59:33] | This is more than just a game now. | 现在这已经远不只是项体育运动了 |
[59:36] | And I sure as hell can’t quit on it. | 我想我无法抽身而出了 |
[1:00:10] | Nothing ever bothered me before. | 以前我一直无忧无虑 |
[1:00:13] | It’s like things, they rolled right off my back. | 我可以把所有烦恼抛诸身后 |
[1:00:17] | I just didn’t care. | 因为我不在乎 |
[1:00:22] | Now I care. That scares the heck outta me. | 现在我在乎 我心有余悸 |
[1:00:25] | I don’t wanna want something I can lose. | 我不想得到我会失去的东西 |
[1:00:30] | Baby. | 宝贝 |
[1:00:32] | There’s nothing you can’t lose. | 是否失去是没有绝对的 |
[1:00:35] | But no one can ever take your desire away from you. No one. | 但没人可以夺走你的愿望 没人 |
[1:00:41] | Ever. | 永远不会 |
[1:00:44] | You know, Scoops, man, sometimes I don’t even feel like going back out there again. | 铲子 有时候 我感觉再也没机会打球了 |
[1:00:49] | Look. You can’t let them take basketball away from you, man. | 你不能让他们影响到你打球 |
[1:00:53] | You can’t let them win. | 这样等于对他们认输 |
[1:00:55] | I just don’t know how much more of this I can handle, man. I ain’t like you, all brave. | 我不知道我还能坚持多久 我没你那么勇敢 |
[1:01:00] | Sweet Pea, as long as I known you, you been stronger than you think. | 豌豆仔 打从我认识你开始 你就已经比你想的要坚强了 |
[1:01:10] | Hey, you OK, Scoops? | 你没事吧 铲子 |
[1:01:12] | Yeah, I’m fine, man. | 伙计 没事 我还好 |
[1:01:16] | Hey, man. Hey, tell me what’s goin’ on, man. You OK? | 你怎么了 告诉我你怎么了 嘿 你还好吧? |
[1:01:20] | Be ready, please. Thank you. | 好的下课 谢谢大家 |
[1:01:35] | Scoops, you got a minute? | 铲子 能和你谈谈吗 |
[1:01:37] | Says you got something called hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. | 那么说你得了肥厚性心肌病 |
[1:01:42] | My heart’s too big. | 我的心脏有点肥大 |
[1:01:45] | Ain’t that something? | 还不算什么 |
[1:01:48] | How long you known, Scoops? | 你知道这病多久了? |
[1:01:51] | Well, I… | 嗯 我… |
[1:01:54] | I started fainting when I was in high school, Coach. | 教练 当我上高中的时候开始出现昏厥 |
[1:01:58] | So my mom being who she is, she took me to the doctor. | 我妈妈原来也有过这种现象 于是她便让医生给我看看 |
[1:02:01] | They ran a few tests. That’s how I found out. | 他们做了几个测试后就得出了这个结论 |
[1:02:02] | But it doesn’t matter. | 不过还好不太碍事 |
[1:02:04] | You’re a fool. You’re a dang fool. You could have died out there. | 你这个白痴 你真是个他妈的笨蛋 你会死在球场上的 |
[1:02:07] | Coach, I’ll die if I don’t play. | 教练 不让打球 我才会死的 |
[1:02:11] | Look, Coach. My whole life I only loved playing basketball. | 教练 听我说篮球可是我这辈子的最爱 |
[1:02:15] | That’s it. But you see, I could never play in high school, | 离不开它 我上高中的时候没正儿八经打过篮球 |
[1:02:18] | because I had to work to support my mom and my sisters. | 因为我需要打工赚钱 来分担妈妈和姐姐的负担 |
[1:02:25] | But I never stopped playing in the street. Never. ‘Cause to not play, Coach, man… | 但我总是在街区的球场打球 从不间断 离不开它 教练… |
[1:02:31] | Man. That was like letting something just crawl up and die in me. | 老兄 这就好象新生的婴儿 葬送在我手中一样 |
[1:02:35] | Far as this heart thing goes, I can still play. | 只要心脏稍微有点好转 我就可以打球了 |
[1:02:38] | My heart’s good. This heart thing ain’t nothing. I lived with it this long. | 我的心脏很好没必要担心 我已经这样好长时间了 |
[1:02:42] | -That’s why you gotta play me. -I can’t do it. | -你就让我打球吧 -这可不行 |
[1:02:44] | -The doctor said I could. -I can’t. | -医生们都同意了 -我说不行 |
[1:02:46] | He said I could play a few minutes here and there. Why you won’t let me? | 医生说我可以在场上打几分钟的 你为什么不同意? |
[1:02:50] | I know what the doctor said, Willie. | 没错医生是那样说的 威利 |
[1:02:52] | But I can’t take a chance with your life. I can’t do that. | 但是我不能拿你的生命开玩笑 我不能那样做 |
[1:02:57] | Now, you’re still on the team. | 球队仍然留有你的位置 |
[1:03:00] | We’re gonna need you, Cager. | 凯奇 我们离不开你 |
[1:03:03] | We’re gonna need your courage. | 球队需要你的鼓励 |
[1:03:09] | We’re gonna need that big heart of yours, all right? | 我们还需要你的”赤子之心” 对吗? |
[1:03:15] | * -People. Get ready -There’s a train a-comin’ | * -大家做好了准备 -火车要来了 |
[1:03:21] | * You don’t need no baggage | * 不需要带行李 |
[1:03:24] | * You just get on board | * 上车就行了 |
[1:03:29] | * All you need is faith | * 你只要怀有信仰 |
[1:03:30] | * To hear the Lesels hummin | * 静听火车轰鸣 |
[1:03:34] | * Don’t need no ticket | * 不需要车票 |
[1:03:37] | * You just thank the Lord | * 只要感谢上天 |
[1:03:49] | * So. People. Get ready | * 大家准备好 |
[1:03:51] | * For the train to Jordan | * 登上去约旦河的列车 |
[1:03:56] | * Picking up passengers | * 带上 |
[1:03:58] | * Coast to coast | * 全国的乘客 |
[1:04:01] | -You got basketball on your mind, Hill? -Yeah, Coach. Nothing but. | -你心有杂念吗 希尔? -放心吧教练 |
[1:04:08] | Coach Haskins. Matt Pavelar, Dallas Morning News. | 哈斯金斯教练 我是达拉斯早间新闻的马特·佩福勒 |
[1:04:12] | You’re playing a lot of coloreds. | 你现在的球队以黑人为主 |
[1:04:14] | Are you concerned as to whether the Negro player can handle the pressure | 你是否想过黑人球员能否 在全国这样范围的赛事中 |
[1:04:18] | at the national level? | 处理好舆论压力? |
[1:04:21] | My team plays defense, rebounds. | 我的球队只关心防守 篮板球 |
[1:04:23] | What statement are you making? | 你能解释下为何吸纳那么多黑人球员吗 |
[1:04:26] | I’m a coach. I don’t make statements. | 我是一个教练 不作任何说明 |
[1:04:28] | -Kentucky’s here. -Thank you, Coach. | -肯塔基大学来了 -教练,谢谢你 |
[1:04:32] | Coach Rupp. Coach Rupp. | 拉普教练 |
[1:04:34] | Coach Rupp. Coach Rupp! | 拉普教练 |
[1:04:37] | Coach Rupp, great game. Take us to the last 20 seconds. What’d you tell the boys? | 比赛精彩至极 最后20秒你跟球员传授了什么 |
[1:04:42] | I knew it was 20 seconds. I gave them a good play. | 时间还剩20秒 我制定了一个战术 |
[1:04:45] | Something in our playbook we used for years. | 战术手册上的内容我们长年演练 |
[1:04:47] | The boys performed it to perfection. | 小伙子们已运用得炉火纯青 |
[1:04:50] | I’m gonna introduce myself. | 我要去自我介绍一下 |
[1:04:52] | and I know you’re gonna let me go. | 对不起我要走了 让我走吧 |
[1:04:54] | -Figures. -Thank you, Coach. | -好大牌 -教练谢谢你 |
[1:04:57] | -Coach. -No more interviews. Thank you. | -教练 -拜托 不接受采访了 |
[1:04:59] | Don Haskins. I’m the coach over at Texas Western. | 我是德州西部大学教练唐·哈斯金斯 |
[1:05:04] | Just wanted to introduce myself. | 碰巧今天结识阁下 |
[1:05:06] | Congratulate you on another great year and… | 祝贺你又是战功显赫的一年 |
[1:05:10] | -These your boys? -Yes, sir. | -那边是你的球员? -是的 教练 |
[1:05:13] | Yes, sir, my players. | 没错 我的球员 |
[1:05:17] | Well, you had a fine season. See you down the road. | 你这个赛季干得不错 咱们球场上见 |
[1:05:30] | -Losers! -We don’t want your kind! | -败类 -我们不想看到你们 |
[1:05:34] | Ignore all this trash! Just get out on the court. | 别管这些垃圾 直接到球场上去 |
[1:05:37] | Don’t you come in here! | 你们敢进来 |
[1:05:39] | Look at all these stupid kids! | 瞧这帮傻瓜 |
[1:05:44] | Let go of me, boy! | 放开我 小子 |
[1:05:46] | Don’t listen to ’em. Come on, focus. | 别理他们 专心比赛 |
[1:05:49] | -That’s easy for you say. -Don’t listen to ’em. | -你说得倒轻巧 -别理他们 |
[1:05:54] | In spite of a hostile crowd. The Miners have played well tonight | 面对敌视的观众 矿工队今晚发挥出色 |
[1:05:57] | as they look to close out East Texas. | 他们大概想尽快把 东德州立大学踢出局 |
[1:05:59] | And there’s a block. And a fast break opportunity for the Lions. | 盖帽 雄狮队获得快攻机会 |
[1:06:04] | And Jason Stevens puts it up for two. | 杰森·史蒂文森上篮得到2分 |
[1:06:06] | Could have been in a Miners’ uniform if Coach had been able to recruit him. | 他本来被矿工队教练相中未果 |
[1:06:11] | I see Coach must be clearing the bench, huh? | 教练让你上是为了擦凳子吧 |
[1:06:15] | And Stevens. With the hot hand here in the second half. Being guarded by Baudoin. | 下半场手风正顺的史蒂文森 现由鲍顿看防 |
[1:06:24] | Coach sends his best. | 教练派上的是最狠的 |
[1:06:26] | This has been a hard-fought game on both sides. Miners lead by five. | 对双方来说这是场异常艰苦的比赛 矿工队暂时领先5分 |
[1:06:32] | Takes it in to Big Daddy. Who’s pushed to the floor! | 大老爹摔倒趴在了场上 |
[1:06:35] | -Are you kiddin’ me? -It is getting rough. | -你没搞错吧! -比赛动作愈发粗野 |
[1:06:37] | Let’s see who the foul’s on. They call it on Lattin! I can’t believe this! | 看看是谁犯规了 判拉丁犯规 我真是不敢相信 |
[1:06:40] | Lattin’s gotta watch his temper here. | 拉丁要控制控制他的脾气了 |
[1:06:43] | He’s already fouled out of ten games this year. | 这个赛季中他已有10次被罚下场了 |
[1:06:46] | Technical foul. | 技术犯规 |
[1:06:48] | Just sit down. You never let your anger get the better of you. | 坐下来 记住一定要保持冷静 |
[1:06:52] | -He stuck his knee out! -I know. | -他用膝盖顶我 -我看见了 |
[1:06:53] | -Lattin’s temper is gonna cost the Miners. -You gotta hold yourself together. | -矿工队会为拉丁的脾气付出代价的 -你必须冷静冷静 |
[1:06:58] | -He’s sticking his knee out! -You hold yourself together. | -他伸出膝盖绊我 -你必须冷静冷静 |
[1:07:01] | Keep that anger inside you and I’ll let you know when you can let it go, understand? | 把怒火压在心里 该爆发的时候我会告诉你 懂吗 |
[1:07:07] | At the beginning of the season. No one could have imagined | 赛季之初没有人会想到 |
[1:07:10] | that we would wind up where we are now: | 矿工队会一路过关斩将 |
[1:07:13] | Number four in the nation. | 现在排名全国第4 |
[1:07:15] | Close on the heels of powerhouses like Kentucky and Kansas. | 位于强队肯塔基和堪萨斯之后 |
[1:07:19] | Now. With two weeks to go before the NCAA tournament starts. | NCAA锦标赛开始还有两个星期 |
[1:07:22] | We’re not a secret anymore. | 我们已是名副其实的强队 |
[1:07:32] | Been this cold before. | 天气真冷啊 |
[1:07:43] | Man! | 伙计们 |
[1:07:45] | Ross, Coach, hurry! | 罗斯 教练 快过来 |
[1:07:59] | -Oh, man. -Moe, get us checked out. | -我的天啊 -摩 马上结帐离开这里 |
[1:08:04] | Listen, we’re gonna get on the bus and go to Seattle tonight, all right? | 听着 大家到车上去 我们今晚坐车去西雅图 好吗? |
[1:08:08] | Get your stuff, pack up and let’s get on the bus. | 整理好你们的物品 我们马上乘车离开 |
[1:08:17] | Hey, man. | 嘿,老兄 |
[1:08:19] | You ever get scared? | 你害怕过吗? |
[1:08:26] | When I was a kid in Houston… | 我小的时候在休斯敦 |
[1:08:29] | a white gang strung me on a fire escape till I peed my pants. | 一个白人混混把我绑在防火梯上 直到我吓得尿了裤子 |
[1:08:37] | I came back down and… | 我下来后 |
[1:08:40] | took nothing from nobody ever again. | 我就再也没从穷人那里偷过东西 |
[1:08:44] | Took it to every honky on the block… | 并开始对街区里的白鬼以牙还牙 |
[1:08:49] | till they left Big Daddy D alone. | 直到他们不敢惹我大老爹 |
[1:08:56] | But this is different. | 但是这次不一样 |
[1:09:01] | This is worse. | 情况更糟 |
[1:09:08] | This is the whole world. | 全世界都在与你作对 |
[1:09:11] | -Everything all right, Coach? -Oh, what’d I get these guys into, Ross? | -教练 一切太平吗? -我让这些孩子陷入什么样的境地啊 |
[1:09:20] | You did the right thing. | 你做的一点没错 |
[1:09:23] | You think about what these boys had to overcome just to get here. | 想想看他们克服了什么样的困境 取得今天的成绩 |
[1:09:27] | You think about how they’ve been degraded and humiliated, | 想想看他们承受了什么样的侮辱 |
[1:09:34] | just ’cause they black, by all these “civilized” folks. | 就因为他们在那些 “文明人”眼中皮肤是黑色的 |
[1:09:39] | Shame on us. | 耻辱的是我们啊 |
[1:09:44] | WTSM. 1380 broadcasting live from Seattle. Washington. | 华盛顿州 西雅图市WTSM 调频1380 现场广播 |
[1:09:48] | Hi, Miners fans. Thanks for joining us at a packed house in the Pacific Northwest. | 嗨 矿工队的球迷们 谢谢大家莅临太平洋西北区一小球场 |
[1:09:53] | The question: Will the Miners. In the last regular season game here in Seattle. | 我们的问题是 矿工队会在这最后一场常规赛上 |
[1:09:58] | Take the number-one spot in the NC 2A polls? | 夺取NCAA头名的交椅吗 |
[1:10:02] | Adolph Rupp’s fabled Wildcats dropped a nail-biter to Tennessee last night. | 昨天晚上阿道夫·拉普率领 的野猫队痛揍了田纳西 |
[1:10:07] | And that will allow the Miners. If they win here tonight. | 如果矿工队今晚能够赢得这场比赛 |
[1:10:11] | To take the number-one spot in the nation. | 就能跃居榜首 |
[1:10:15] | Hey, Lattin, you didn’t jump high enough to get toilet paper under your shoe. | 拉丁 要想拿到鞋子下的卫生纸 你还要跳的更高 |
[1:10:21] | The Chieftains go down for an easy lay-up. | 酋长队很轻松的上篮拿到2分 |
[1:10:23] | Miners making it a little too easy for the Chieftains at this point. | 矿工队这么轻易 就让酋长队拿到这2分 |
[1:10:27] | Armstrong down low. | 阿姆斯特朗低位要球 |
[1:10:29] | Armstrong’s wide open. Flournoy looks down there. Will not pass the ball. | 阿姆斯特朗无人看防 佛罗诺看了一眼 没有传球 |
[1:10:35] | He wants to go it alone. Launches a 20-footer. It’s off the mark. | 他想单打独斗 中距离跳投 偏离篮框 |
[1:10:38] | Come on, man, I was wide open. | 拜托 我无人防守啊 |
[1:10:47] | Hill, we’re in orange tonight. | 希尔 打客场不容托大啊 |
[1:10:49] | -Come on, Shed, meet the pass. -Don’t worry about me. | -谢德 接球当心啊 -别操心我 |
[1:10:59] | The Miners are just playing flat. | 矿工队好象脚底灌铅跳不起来 |
[1:11:01] | Your guy just got by you, Hill. | 希尔你是怎么防守的 |
[1:11:03] | There’s no chemistry. No energy. It’s every man for themselves out there. | 没有配合 没有能量 每个人都各自为战 |
[1:11:07] | They’re not playing like a team. That jump was no good. | 他们没打出团队精神 这个跳投也没进 |
[1:11:16] | -Coach, you’re in my chair. -I like the view better down here. | -教练 你坐了我的位子了 -这个位置看球更舒服 |
[1:11:22] | Eight minutes to play. And I hate to say this. | 比赛还剩8分钟 不得不说 |
[1:11:24] | But it looks like our Miners have given up. | 矿工队看来已经缴械投降了 |
[1:11:40] | They’ve got only themselves to blame. | 他们只能怪自己不争气 |
[1:11:42] | They didn’t play together or find the open man. | 球队形如一盘散沙 也找不到空档的球员 |
[1:11:44] | And the Miners’ perfect season is slipping away. | 矿工队的全胜赛季就这样溜走了 |
[1:12:23] | You stunk out there tonight! | 你们今晚打的是什么球 |
[1:12:25] | Squeaky could have played better D than you did. | 斯奎克的防守都可以比你们做得好 |
[1:12:29] | And, Shed, are you kiddin’ me? | 谢德 你不是在梦游吧 |
[1:12:32] | That was the same ol’ weak, scared Shed out there. | 原来的谢德又回来了 |
[1:12:36] | Maybe you thought what used to be an undefeated record meant something. | 大概你们以为过去的不败战绩 很了不起 |
[1:12:41] | That we could just waltz our way in the tournament. | 凭这个就能继续笑傲锦标赛 |
[1:12:44] | -Maybe these crackers is getting to us. -Why you looking at me, Bobby Joe? | -也许白杂碎已经影响到我们 -你看我干吗 鲍比·乔 |
[1:12:48] | You a cracker, ain’t you? | 你难道不是白杂碎吗? |
[1:12:51] | Coach, the more we win, the harder it is for us out there. | 教练 我们赢得越多 我们就越成为众矢之的 |
[1:12:54] | What do you suggest we do, Shed? Lose? | 那你能给我们什么好建议 谢德 输球? |
[1:12:58] | Give them what they want? | 让他们得偿所愿 |
[1:13:00] | You think basketball is everything, Coach. And that’s easy for you to say. | 教练你可以说篮球就是一切 你这么说很轻松 |
[1:13:04] | But you don’t have rednecks in your face all the time. | 因为南方佬不会整天盯着你 |
[1:13:07] | None of you white boys get it | 你们白人无法理解我们的心情 |
[1:13:09] | because you don’t have people breaking into your room | 因为没人会破你们的门 入你们的室 |
[1:13:12] | or shoving your head in toilets. | 把你们的头按到马桶里 |
[1:13:14] | It’s not us. | 我们不是那样的 |
[1:13:15] | White is white, Green Acres, and that means you too. | 白色就是白色 农场仔 你也是一样 |
[1:13:18] | Yeah, I’m white. And you’ve never been able to see past that! We’re not like them! | 没错 我是白小子 你就是揪住这点不放 我们不像他们 |
[1:13:22] | Think we haven’t had heat come down on us? | 我们难道就没压力吗 |
[1:13:25] | You’re the ones out there skating by, while we’re out there sweating blood. | 我们流血的时候 你们却是在闲庭信步 |
[1:13:29] | You think it’s easy being on this team? | 你以为做这支球队的一份子很轻松? |
[1:13:32] | Taking a backseat to you every day? | 和你们朝夕相处没压力? |
[1:13:35] | We came here to play basketball, just like you guys! | 我们和你们一样都是来这里打球的 |
[1:13:38] | Now it’s like we don’t even count. We’re the minority! | 数数周围几个白人 我们才是异类 |
[1:13:42] | I don’t wanna hear that from you. I have been the minority every day of my life. | 你没资格这么说 我生下来就是异类了 |
[1:13:46] | And you’re crying because you spent the last few months in our shadows? | 就因为过去数月承受了我们 身上的压力 你就无法忍受了 |
[1:13:56] | Welcome to the back of the bus, white boy. | 欢迎加入我们的行列 白小子 |
[1:13:59] | I wish y’all would just sit back here and listen to yourselves. | 我希望你们都坐下 好好想想自己在说什么 |
[1:14:04] | It’s worse than losing the game. You’ve all forgotten what you’re doing here. | 这比输球还要糟糕 你们都忘记干什么来了 |
[1:14:13] | What do you wanna do? You wanna quit? | 怎么办? 你们想放弃? |
[1:14:17] | -They’re trying to take our dignity from us. -Your dignity’s inside you. | -他们试图夺走我们的尊严 -你们的尊严在你的心里 |
[1:14:22] | Nobody can take something away from you you don’t give them. | 你们不认输 谁也夺不走 |
[1:14:31] | Hold your heads up. | 把头都抬起来 |
[1:14:34] | Hold your heads up. | 把头都抬起来 |
[1:14:37] | You wanna shake off that hate? | 想消灭那些仇怨吗 |
[1:14:43] | It’s your choice, Harry Flournoy. It’s your choice, Jerry Armstrong. | 哈里·佛罗诺 这取决于你 杰瑞·阿姆斯特朗 这取决于你 |
[1:14:48] | Togo. | 托格 |
[1:14:50] | Cager, Hill, it’s your choice. | 凯奇 希尔 你们自己看着办吧 |
[1:14:52] | Shut them up. | 让他们闭嘴 |
[1:14:55] | Win. | 通过赢球 |
[1:14:58] | The NCAA Tournament gets off to a rip-roaring start | NCAA锦标赛热闹地打响 |
[1:15:00] | as the powerhouse Kansas Jayhawks take on the upstart Texas Western Miners. | 劲旅堪萨斯大学松鹰队对阵 黑马德州西部大学矿工队 |
[1:15:05] | Thank you for keeping us together. | 感谢您使我们聚集在一起 |
[1:15:08] | Lord, we ask that you see us through, no matter what the obstacles. | 主啊 不论前方荆棘密布 高山险阻 |
[1:15:12] | No matter how high the mountains. | 我们请求您指引我们前进 |
[1:15:16] | -Amen. -Amen. | 阿门! 阿门! |
[1:15:19] | Let’s go, guys. Let’s get this game. | 伙计们 上吧 拿下这场比赛 |
[1:15:21] | While the Texas Western club has turned heads across the country with this roster, | 虽说用现在这个阵容在全国所向披靡 |
[1:15:26] | it’s safe to say that Haskins’ experiment should end tonight. | 但唐·哈斯金斯的征途 恐怕要在今晚终结 |
[1:15:39] | -Coach? -You must be Mrs. Cager. | -教练? -你一定是凯奇夫人 |
[1:15:43] | -Thanks for seeing me before the game. -I know you come a long way, so… | -谢谢你在比赛之前能来见我 -你一定远道而来 |
[1:15:48] | You have too. You know, you’re all he talks about. | 你也不容易 你总是他谈论的焦点 |
[1:15:52] | “Coach said this” and “Coach said that.” | 教练这样说 教练那样说 |
[1:15:55] | So I said, “Let me meet this man.” | 于是我就说 让我去见见你们的教练 |
[1:15:58] | Well, Mrs. Cager, your son’s all a coach could ever ask for. | 夫人 你儿子是所有教练 梦寐以求的球员 |
[1:16:02] | He’s hard working, he’s unselfish. | 他打球无私 任劳任怨 |
[1:16:05] | Tell you the truth, I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for Willie. | 老实说 如果没有威利 我们也不会走到今天 |
[1:16:11] | Mr. Haskins, I came to ask you to let him play. | 我来见你的目的是请您允许让他上场 |
[1:16:18] | Mrs. Cager, the thing is, his condition is just… | 凯奇夫人关键是 他的身体状况 |
[1:16:22] | I know about it better than anyone. | 我比任何人都清楚他的健康 |
[1:16:27] | This is his time. | 现在是他的时刻 |
[1:16:30] | These are the last games he’ll ever play. | 这也是他最后的打球机会了 |
[1:16:34] | I don’t care if it’s just five minutes or five seconds. | 他上场是5分钟还是5秒钟我都不在乎 |
[1:16:38] | Just… let him play. | 只要能让他上场打球 |
[1:16:47] | Led by all-American JoJo White. | 由全美明星球员乔乔·怀特领衔的松鹰队 |
[1:16:49] | The number-six Jayhawks are. With Duke. | 作为全国第六名球队 和杜克一起 |
[1:16:51] | The favorites to challenge Rupp and Kentucky for basketball’s holy grail. | 是和拉普与他的肯塔基大学队 争夺冠军奖杯的大热门 |
[1:16:55] | That’s the all-American. | 那就是全美明星球员 |
[1:16:58] | All press clippings. | 媒体的宠儿 |
[1:17:00] | -Think so? -He’s all talk too. | -是吗 -大家总是提起他 |
[1:17:17] | Bobby Joe Hill will set up the Texas Miner offense in the front court. | 鲍比·乔·希尔组织矿工队进攻 |
[1:17:23] | Stolen! JoJo White. | 乔乔·怀特断球了 |
[1:17:25] | Tremendous anticipation defensively by White. | 一如既往怀特那出色的防守 |
[1:17:28] | Easy pass and a dunk, and a four-nothing Jayhawk lead. | 轻松的传球 扣篮 4-0领先 |
[1:17:31] | You gotta protect the ball, Hill! | 希尔 你必须把球护好 |
[1:17:34] | Ball in to Wesley. | 球传到了韦斯利手中 |
[1:17:37] | He just overpowers Lattin. | 他竟然力压拉丁得分 |
[1:17:39] | Wesley trying to intimidate Lattin early on in the game. | 韦斯利正在设法让拉丁早点离场 |
[1:17:42] | Defense! Defense! | 防守 防守 |
[1:17:46] | White extends the Jayhawk lead to five. | 怀特帮助松鹰队把比分扩大到5分 |
[1:17:49] | But more importantly now Kansas has all the momentum. | 但是重要的是堪萨斯队现在全面开花 |
[1:17:53] | It looks like Haskins is going to go to his bench. | 看样子哈斯金斯要起用板凳球员了 |
[1:17:56] | He’s calling for Willie Cager. | 他准备让威利·凯奇上场 |
[1:17:58] | Cager missed half the season with heart problems. | 因为心脏问题凯奇 今年已经错过了一半的比赛 |
[1:18:01] | But the Miners sure could use a lift right now. | 但是矿工队现在想要依靠他来提升士气 |
[1:18:08] | Now Cager from the top of the key. | 凯奇在罚球线弧顶投球 |
[1:18:11] | It’s good! | 球进了 |
[1:18:13] | Hey, welcome home, son! That’s a good play, Cager! Way to be out there! | 不错 欢迎回来 孩子 投得漂亮 就要这样投 |
[1:18:18] | -That’s my son. -Plays good. | -那是我儿子 -投得不错 |
[1:18:21] | JoJo White into the front court. 22-footer. | 乔乔·怀特 带球进入前场 22尺投球 |
[1:18:25] | It’s good! | 球进了 |
[1:18:27] | Bobby Joe Hill looking to answer for the Miners. | 鲍比·乔·希尔想为矿工队以牙还牙 |
[1:18:29] | And he’ll score! | 他得分了 |
[1:18:30] | And these two point guards are really putting on a show. | 这两名控卫的表演令我们大开眼界 |
[1:18:35] | It’s JoJo’s turn. From the wing. He looks unstoppable! | 又轮到乔乔表演了 右翼跳投 他看起来势不可挡 |
[1:18:38] | And Coach Haskins calls time. | 哈斯金斯教练请求暂停 |
[1:18:40] | Y’all are paying so much attention to their jerseys that you’re playing tight. | 你们太在意他们名气 导致你们打得缩手缩脚 |
[1:18:44] | JoJo’s having a big night, so I’m making a change. | 乔乔今晚状态太好了 我要改变战术 |
[1:18:47] | Armstrong, you’re in for Worsley. | 阿姆斯特朗你替下沃斯利 |
[1:18:49] | Now, if you can stop him, bottom line is we’re gonna win this game. | 如果你能防住他 胜利就是属于我们的 |
[1:18:53] | -Don’t worry. I’ll take care of him. -Let’s go to work. | -放心 交给我好了 -我们继续吧 |
[1:18:56] | On three. | 数三下 |
[1:18:58] | -Let’s go, team. -One, two, three! | -大家准备好 -1 2 3 |
[1:19:00] | Miners! | 矿工队 |
[1:19:11] | That’s good D, son. | 防得不错 孩子 |
[1:19:14] | Lattin. Back door to Shed. And he’ll lay it in for two. | 拉丁 将球击地传给谢德 他上篮得到2分 |
[1:19:29] | Here in the second half. Armstrong has shut down JoJo White. | 现在是下半场 阿姆斯特朗让乔乔·怀特哑火了 |
[1:19:33] | We need a stop! We need a stop! | 一定要把他防住 一定要把他防住 |
[1:19:39] | Kansas scores. And they lead by two! | 堪萨斯得分 他们现在领先2分 |
[1:19:42] | -Seven seconds! Push the ball! -Seven seconds! | -只有7秒了 快发球 -还有7秒了 |
[1:19:44] | No time-outs for the Miners! | 矿工队没有暂停了 |
[1:19:51] | Long inbound to Lattin. | 长传球给了拉丁 |
[1:19:54] | Back out to Hill. To the basket! | 回传给了希尔 吊向篮筐 |
[1:19:58] | Cager! He got it! | 凯奇 球扣进了 |
[1:20:01] | What a play! | 多令人激动的进球 |
[1:20:03] | He wasn’t expected to play tonight. But he saved the season for the Miners! | 他本来今晚没打算上场 但他现在挽救了矿工队 |
[1:20:07] | Overtime! Hey, you got an overtime! Hey, get in here! We got an overtime! | 加时赛 进入加时塞了 快点过来 我们还要准备加时赛 |
[1:20:12] | And we’ll play overtime to settle this one! | 两队会在加时赛中一决胜负的 |
[1:20:21] | That’s the way to go! That’s it! | 就要这样打 就这样打 |
[1:20:26] | Just seconds remaining. | 比赛时间还剩几秒 |
[1:20:30] | Artis. Up to Lattin. | 阿蒂斯 传球给拉丁 |
[1:20:32] | It’s good! And the Miners win! The Miners win! | 球进了 矿工队获胜 矿工队赢得比赛 |
[1:20:36] | They’re calling it hanging on the rim! I can’t believe it! | 裁判判罚进球无效 悬在篮筐上时间过长 真是不敢相信 |
[1:20:41] | A foul called against David Lattin. | 判大卫·拉丁技术犯规 |
[1:20:44] | The basket will count and Kansas will shoot two free throws | 进球有效 堪萨斯将要罚球2次 |
[1:20:47] | to try to send the game to a second overtime. | 如果全进就会进入第2个加时赛 |
[1:21:07] | JoJo makes both. And we’re going to a second overtime. | 乔乔2罚全中 将进入第2个加时赛 |
[1:21:11] | All right, bring it in! | 好了 都过来 都过来 |
[1:21:12] | Oh. Is this a game for the record books! | 这场比赛足以名垂青史 |
[1:21:15] | We got a great mismatch, a little low. | 这个错位防守很有利 我们是小个子 |
[1:21:17] | So we’re gonna swing in the ball and let him take his man one on one. | 我们把球给他 让他一对一 |
[1:21:21] | You got it? All right, let’s do it. | 明白了吗? 好的 照这去做 |
[1:21:26] | OK, here we go. The winner moves on for the national championship. | 好的 比赛又开始了 获胜方将进入冠军争夺 |
[1:21:31] | Lattin. Cross-court pass to Artis. | 拉丁长传给阿蒂斯 |
[1:21:33] | He’ll drive the baseline and score! | 他带球走底线 得分了 |
[1:21:36] | The Jayhawk defender really bit on that fake. And the Miners lead by one. | 松鹰队防守球员完全吃了这个假动作 矿工队领先1分 |
[1:21:40] | Kansas needs a basket to win. Where they going? | 堪萨斯只要投进就能赢得比赛 他们会怎么做呢? |
[1:21:42] | Everyone knows who will take this shot – | 所有人都知道这个球会交给谁 |
[1:21:45] | it’s their all-American JoJo White. | 那肯定是明星球员乔乔·怀特 |
[1:21:51] | Ball goes in to JoJo! | 球传到了乔乔手中 |
[1:21:54] | From the sideline! | 在边线处投篮 |
[1:21:58] | It’s good! Kansas wins! Kansas wins! | 球进了 堪萨斯赢了 堪萨斯赢了 |
[1:22:05] | Wait a minute. Ralph! It looks like he stepped on the line. | 等一等 拉尔夫 好像他脚踩边线了 |
[1:22:09] | I think the official’s going to wave the basket off. | 裁判判罚此球无效 |
[1:22:12] | It’s no good! And Texas Western’s improbable story continues | 进球无效 德州西部大学神话还在继续 |
[1:22:17] | with an 81-80 double overtime win over the Kansas Jayhawks. | 2次加时赛以81 -80 赢了堪萨斯松鹰队 |
[1:22:29] | Have you seen this? Have you read this already? | 看过了吗? |
[1:22:32] | I read it. | 我看过了 |
[1:22:33] | It says, “The selfless support of Texas Western’s booster Wade Richardsons, | 上面写道 德州西部大学 校董韦德·理查德森的无私奉献 |
[1:22:38] | which has made this breakout team’s rise a true phenomenon in the sports world.” | 使这支球队在体育界 成为不可思议的传奇 |
[1:22:42] | Well, they got you down, didn’t they, sir? | 很受用吧 对吗? |
[1:22:46] | Just forget all that stuff I said before. | 快忘记我以前说过的那些话 |
[1:22:48] | I’ve been selling more dinettes than I’ve sold in the last four years combined. | 我卖掉的厨具比过去四年加起来还要多 |
[1:22:56] | You’re 24 hours from the biggest game in college basketball. How do you feel? | 明天大学篮球界最关键的比赛 就要开打 现在感觉如何? |
[1:23:00] | You know, I’ve been here before. | 我以前也经历过这样的时刻 |
[1:23:02] | It’s been some time now, but I’ve had some success here | 我当时是胜利者 尽管有一段时间了 |
[1:23:05] | and I feel like I’m coming home, really. | 现在我感觉像回到家一样 |
[1:23:08] | I’m just glad to be here. | 我很高兴能来到这里 |
[1:23:10] | I’d like to ask you about your controversial win over Kansas. | 我想知道对堪萨斯的那个争议球 你有何评论 |
[1:23:13] | There’s no controversy. JoJo White stepped out of bounds. They lost, we won. | 毫无争议 乔乔·怀特脚踩边线 他们输了 我们赢了 |
[1:23:28] | Coach Haskins, how do you plan on stopping Louie Dampier and Pat Riley? | 教练 你打算怎么防守路易尔和全美明星球员帕特? |
[1:23:32] | Ask Coach Rupp how he plans on | 不如问问拉普教练打算怎么防守 |
[1:23:34] | stopping David Lattin and Bobby Joe Hill. | 大卫·拉丁和鲍比·乔·希尔 |
[1:23:36] | Who? | 谁? |
[1:23:39] | You have to admit. Coach Rupp. | 拉普教练你得承认 |
[1:23:41] | That the Negro player is changing the game of basketball. | 黑人球员正在改变篮球这项运动 |
[1:23:45] | Oh? | 是吗? |
[1:23:46] | Well, as far as I know, basketball’s about taking the basketball, putting it in the hoop. | 据我所知 篮球是项把球放进篮里的运动 |
[1:23:53] | And you can quote me. I don’t think that’s going to change. | 你可以引用我说的这番话 我认为这点是不会变的 |
[1:23:58] | That horrible man, playing those coloreds. | 那个启用黑人打球的烂人 |
[1:24:01] | And where are you from, sweetheart? | 亲爱的 你从哪里来? |
[1:24:03] | El Paso, Texas. I’m married to that horrible man you were just talking about. | 德州埃尔·帕索 你说的那个烂人是我的丈夫 |
[1:24:08] | Coach Rupp, what do you think of their lightning-quick guard, Bobby Joe Hill? | 拉普教练 你对闪电侠鲍比·乔·希尔有何看法 |
[1:24:12] | He’s a good boy. But there’s lots of good boys out there this year. | 这孩子不错 但今年涌现的好球员很多 |
[1:24:16] | Well. This good little boy led us to 23 and one. | 这个不错的小个子带领我们23胜1负 |
[1:24:21] | Well, I think you understood my point. | 我想你明白我的观点 |
[1:24:23] | My point is that we at Kentucky don’t worry about the boys in other uniforms. | 我的观点就是肯塔基不管别人怎么样 |
[1:24:28] | We play our game. | 我们按照自己的方式打就是了 |
[1:24:33] | Don’t pay them any mind. It’s just how some people were raised. | 别放在心上 有些人从小就是这样的家教 |
[1:24:38] | Well, they weren’t raised right. | 他们家教有问题 |
[1:24:41] | I guess not. | 我看也是 |
[1:24:45] | But not everybody thinks like that. | 但不是每个人都这样想 |
[1:24:50] | My name is Esther. | 我是埃斯特 |
[1:24:53] | Esther Rupp. | 埃斯特·拉普 |
[1:24:56] | Nice to meet you. Mary Haskins. | 很高兴认识你 我是玛丽·哈斯金斯 |
[1:25:01] | Let’s get this game over with so we can get back to Memphis. | 熬过这场比赛就能回孟菲斯了 |
[1:25:04] | Well, one thing’s for sure – can’t no five niggers beat five white boys. | 有一件事可以肯定 5个黑人肯定不是5个白人的对手 |
[1:25:10] | Yeah. Just black trash, that’s all they are. They think they belong here. | 他们都是黑垃圾 仅此而已 还以为自己有资格站在这里 |
[1:25:14] | Harris. That’s enough. | 哈里斯 别说了 |
[1:25:16] | Wait, I’m just getting started here. Hold it. | 我还没说完呢 等一下 |
[1:25:20] | Maybe old Coach Rupp still has a thing to learn about basketball. | 或许老拉普教练在篮球上 还有一点需要学习 |
[1:25:24] | These boys are playing for more than just the championship. | 这些孩子打球不仅是为了冠军 |
[1:25:31] | When I came here… | 我刚来的时候 |
[1:25:36] | I didn’t wanna come. | 我是不情愿的 |
[1:25:40] | I didn’t wanna be a part of this. | 我不想和这有什么牵连 |
[1:25:44] | But I was wrong, Don. | 但是我错了 唐 |
[1:25:48] | I was wrong. | 我曾经错了 |
[1:26:42] | You know, my dad called. | 我父亲打电话来 |
[1:26:45] | He said everybody in town’s going to Thelma’s Steakhouse to watch the game. | 他说镇上每个人都去西尔玛餐厅看球 |
[1:26:55] | He said he was proud of me. | 我父亲说他为我感到自豪 |
[1:26:57] | It was always just a game to me. But now it feels like a lot more than a game. | 以前这对我而言就是比赛而已 但现在感觉却不止如此 |
[1:27:03] | Yeah, I know what you mean, brother. Feels like my whole life. | 我懂你的意思 感觉像一生最重要的时刻 |
[1:27:08] | My folks are driving down with Willie’s parents. | 我的亲友和威利的父母一道驱车而来 |
[1:27:12] | My old man’s coming too. | 我爸爸也来了 |
[1:27:15] | He was always a baseball fan. But I think he’s finally liking basketball. | 他过去一直是个棒球迷 但是我想他最终喜欢篮球了 |
[1:27:22] | Bobby Joe. You hear me, man? | 鲍比·乔你在听吗? |
[1:27:25] | This ain’t gonna be nothing. It’s just a day at the playground. | 这什么也不是 就是场比赛罢了 |
[1:27:37] | Hello? | 你好 |
[1:27:46] | Take a look out there. | 看看那里 |
[1:27:49] | We can’t win tomorrow night. | 我们明晚不可能取胜 |
[1:27:54] | You’re not a championship team. | 你们没有冠军相 |
[1:27:58] | You’ve been lucky so far, but tomorrow your luck’s gonna run out. | 你们到目前为止很走运 但明天运气就用完了 |
[1:28:05] | To win at this level, you gotta have a… | 要想赢得这样的比赛 |
[1:28:11] | intelligence inside you out on that court. | 篮球智商一定要高 |
[1:28:16] | You gotta be able to think. | 要有思考能力 |
[1:28:18] | We just got too much of the wrong complexion. | 我们碰到的麻烦够多了 |
[1:28:24] | You’re athletes, sure. | 当然你们是运动员 |
[1:28:27] | But so are monkeys. | 同样也是群猴子 |
[1:28:34] | You can run. You can jump. | 你们能跑能跳 |
[1:28:37] | Maybe even hit the occasional outside shot with the right training, | 通过正确训练 也许还能碰巧投中超远投篮 |
[1:28:41] | but to compete against a real team… | 但是一旦和强队对决 |
[1:28:47] | Well, should I go on, or you as sick of this same old tired line of BS as I am? | 还要继续吗 或者你们也像我一样 厌倦了评论员的老一套 |
[1:28:59] | I’m so sick of it, tonight I made a decision that we’re gonna put a stop to it forever. | 我厌倦了 今晚我做出了一个决定 以期彻底消灭这种看法 |
[1:29:09] | Lattin. | 拉丁 |
[1:29:11] | Flournoy. | 佛罗诺 |
[1:29:13] | Artis, Cager, Worsley, Hill. | 阿蒂斯 凯奇 沃斯利 希尔 |
[1:29:17] | Shed. | 谢德 |
[1:29:21] | Five starters, two subs. | 5位首发外加2个替补 |
[1:29:23] | 40 minutes, seven players. | 40分钟 7个球员 |
[1:29:25] | I’m only gonna play the black players in the final game tomorrow. | 明天我只派黑人球员上场 |
[1:29:30] | Just you. | 就你们7个 |
[1:29:33] | Togo, Armstrong, Palacio, | 托格 阿姆斯特朗 帕拉奇奥 |
[1:29:35] | Myers, Baudoin. | 迈尔 鲍顿 |
[1:29:39] | I know how hard every one of you worked to get here. I don’t wanna hurt any of you. | 我明白大家走到今天很不容易 我不想伤害大家 |
[1:29:43] | Coach. I can’t lie. | 教练 我不想撒谎 |
[1:29:46] | I wanna play. | 我想上场打球 |
[1:29:49] | I do. We all wanna play. | 我这样想 大伙都这样想 |
[1:29:56] | But I just wanna say one thing. | 但我只想说一句话 |
[1:30:03] | Tomorrow night, | 明天晚上 |
[1:30:05] | y’all go out there and show ’em how bad five brothers can be on the court. | 你们上场以后 让他们尝尝五个兄弟加起来有多贬义 |
[1:30:14] | OK? | 好吗? |
[1:30:18] | Flournoy, if you don’t get back and play defense, I’ll be all over your black butt. | 佛罗诺 如果你退守不及时的话 我会踢烂你的黑屁股 |
[1:30:35] | Good evening and welcome to the Cole Field House for the finals | 晚上好 欢迎大家莅临菜田体育馆 |
[1:30:39] | of the NCAA Championship game | 观看NCAA的冠军争夺战 |
[1:30:41] | between the University of Kentucky and Texas Western College. | 肯塔基大学对阵德州西部大学 |
[1:30:46] | And here come the Miners. | 首先出场的是矿工队 |
[1:30:59] | When this tournament began. Virtually everybody | 锦标赛开始之初 |
[1:31:02] | could have predicted one of our finalists. | 大家就已经能猜到决赛球队中的一支了 |
[1:31:04] | But I don’t think anyone could have predicted the other. | 但我想没人猜得到另一支 |
[1:31:07] | It’s Texas Western College against the University of Kentucky | 由德州西部大学挑战肯塔基大学 |
[1:31:10] | for the NCAA Championship. | 竞争NCAA最高殊荣 |
[1:31:13] | A little mining college from out in West Texas. | 德州西部小小一个冶矿大学 |
[1:31:16] | A scrappy bunch with an unusual lineup going against basketball royalty. | 以七拼八凑的阵容来挑战篮坛至尊 |
[1:31:20] | The Baron of the Bluegrass and his four NCAA men’s championships. | 来自蓝莓草男爵率领的四届冠军球队 |
[1:31:24] | If there was ever more of a mismatch, I don’t remember it. | 我想没有比这更悬殊的差距了 |
[1:31:27] | Here’s tonight’s starting lineup for the Kentucky Wildcats. | 今晚肯塔基野猫队的先发阵容是 |
[1:31:31] | At guard number 30, six-three, Tommy Kron. | 身背30号 6尺3寸的后卫汤米·科隆 |
[1:31:34] | The Cats are led by two great all-Americans. | 野猫队的核心 2名全美明星球员 |
[1:31:36] | First of all. Sharp-shooting Louie Dampier and the high-scoring Pat Riley. | 首先是神投手路易·丹皮尔 和得分王帕特·莱利 |
[1:31:41] | These guys play with speed. | 这些球员具备速度 |
[1:31:44] | They play with poise and they play with intelligence. | 场上冷静 用脑子打球 |
[1:31:48] | And the coach of the Kentucky Wildcats. Adolph Rupp. | 肯塔基野猫队的教练阿道夫·拉普 |
[1:31:51] | Now here’s the starting lineup for the Texas Western Miners. | 现在是德州西部大学矿工队 的先发阵容 |
[1:31:56] | At guard. Out of Detroit. Michigan. Number 14. five-ten. Bobby Joe Hill. | 来自密歇根底特律 5尺10寸的后卫 14号鲍比·乔·希尔 |
[1:32:01] | At the other guard, number 24, five-six Willie Worsley. | 另一名后卫 身高5尺6寸24号沃斯利 |
[1:32:05] | At center. From Houston. Texas. Number 43. six-seven. David Lattin. | 中锋 来自德州休斯顿 43号 6尺7寸的大卫·拉丁 |
[1:32:10] | At forward. Number 44. six-five. Harry Flournoy. | 44号 6尺5寸的前锋 哈里·佛罗诺 |
[1:32:14] | At the other forward. Number 20. Orsten Artis. | 另一名前锋是20号奥斯滕·阿蒂斯 |
[1:32:17] | And the coach of the Texas Western Miners. Don Haskins. | 德州西部大学矿工队的教练 唐·哈斯金斯 |
[1:32:21] | We have a David-versus-Goliath match-up. | 这里将上演一场实力悬殊的对决 |
[1:32:24] | Texas Western against Kentucky for the NCAA Championship. | 德州西部大学和肯塔基大学 争夺NCAA冠军 |
[1:32:29] | You had a great season, Coach. You must be thrilled to be here. | 这个赛季干的不错 能来这里你一定很意外 |
[1:32:34] | -One, two, three. -Miners! | -1 2 3 -矿工队 |
[1:32:38] | You three guards are in there to stop their fast break. | 你们3个后卫要当心他们的快攻 |
[1:32:40] | Make them have to walk it down the court. | 迫使他们慢步运球至前场 |
[1:32:43] | You saw who they put on the floor. They’re gonna try to run against us. | 你们看看和我们对决的 是些什么球员 |
[1:32:46] | In an unprecedented move, Coach Haskins is starting five Negro players. | 史无前例的首发 哈斯金斯教练派上5名黑人球员 |
[1:32:50] | -That’s a spit in the face. -A first in NCAA Championship history. | -这是对我们的不尊重 -这是NCAA冠军赛首例 |
[1:32:54] | Now I want you to get angry. Go out there first time you get the ball and dunk it. | 我希望你们愤怒起来 一上场有机会就砸篮 |
[1:32:58] | I don’t care if you have to run someone over to do it. | 我不在乎在谁头上扣进 |
[1:33:01] | We’re faster. We can spit right back. | 我们速度快 以牙还牙就是了 |
[1:33:03] | Send ’em a message. Get in there. | 给他们个信息 上场吧 |
[1:33:05] | They’re the one that got a chip on their shoulder, not us. | 有负担的是他们 不是我们 |
[1:33:08] | It ain’t about nothing except basketball. One, two, three! | 除了篮球 别想其他的 1 2 3 |
[1:33:11] | Miners! | 矿工队 |
[1:33:12] | Dampier’s a great ball handler. | 丹皮尔是个伟大的控球手 |
[1:33:14] | You try to take it from him, he’s gonna burn you. | 你若老想着断他球 他会烧得你不见灰 |
[1:33:16] | -Come on, Coach. -Some say he’s the best guard. | -得了 教练 -有人说他是最好的后卫 |
[1:33:19] | If I had a choice between him and you, I’d choose you. | 如果让我在你和他之间作出选择 我会选你 |
[1:33:22] | That’s good, ’cause you know he wouldn’t have chose me. | 很好 因为他肯定不会选我 |
[1:33:31] | The opening tap. Big David Lattin against Pat Riley. | 首先由大卫·拉丁和帕特·莱利跳球 |
[1:33:40] | And the tap is controlled by Texas Western. | 球权被德州西部大学获得 |
[1:33:42] | Worsley gives it to Bobby Joe Hill. Now Hill rockets a pass into Lattin. | 沃斯利传给鲍比·乔·希尔 希尔飞快地将球传给拉丁 |
[1:33:47] | And he dunks it over Riley. | 后者在莱利头上起跳扣篮 |
[1:33:51] | Yeah! | 好样的! |
[1:33:54] | -He was making a statement with that. -And Adolph Rupp looks disgusted. | -他用行动表明心态 -阿道夫·拉普看上去很难堪 |
[1:33:59] | Now Kentucky on offense for the first time. The ball in the hands of Louie Dampier. | 肯塔基展开首次进攻 路易·丹皮尔控球 |
[1:34:03] | Texas Western in a man-to-man. He gets it to Conley. | 德州西部采取人盯人 球到康利手中 |
[1:34:06] | He’s got a mismatch on Worsley. Backs him down and scores. We’re tied at two. | 他错位面对沃斯利 背打得到2分 比分变为2比2 |
[1:34:10] | Conley, that’s gonna be there all night long. | 康利 今晚一直这样打 |
[1:34:14] | The Miners work the ball into David Lattin. He spins outta the double team. Scores. | 矿工队将球传给大卫·拉丁 他转身摆脱夹击得分 |
[1:34:18] | There it is. There it is. | 干的不错 干的不错 |
[1:34:20] | It’s six-seven. 240 pounds of a powerhouse in the middle. | 这是名身高6尺7寸240磅的强力中锋 |
[1:34:24] | Wildcats get the ball to the high post. Thad Jaracz has it. | 野猫队高位持球 泰德·加里奇拿到球 |
[1:34:27] | -Slow it down. Set it up. -Lattin, get physical. | -别着急 按部就班 -拉丁 凶狠一点 |
[1:34:30] | They cut off him. He puts it on the floor. Goes to the hoop. | 无法接球 运了一下球 投篮 |
[1:34:33] | And he is fouled and fouled hard by David Lattin. | 他被大卫·拉丁恶狠狠地放倒 |
[1:34:35] | That’s a flagrant foul! You gonna call that, ref? | 那是恶意犯规 不打算吹吗 裁判? |
[1:34:39] | That’s a flagrant foul! You want there to be a melee? Someone’s gonna get hurt here. | 那是恶意犯规 你想看到血流成河吗? 会有人受伤的 |
[1:34:43] | I’ll call the foul. Two shots. | 我会判罚犯规的 两次罚球 |
[1:34:45] | A pair of free throws ties the game at 12. | 两次罚球使比分变为12平 |
[1:34:47] | But the Baron is not happy on the Kentucky bench. | 但男爵在替补席上很不满意 |
[1:34:49] | Texas Western very disciplined against this Kentucky zone. | 德州西部有条不紊地渗透肯塔基的防守 |
[1:34:53] | They work the ball down low to Lattin. He goes up for the shot. | 将球传给拉丁 他起跳投篮 |
[1:34:56] | No good. Offensive rebound. Flournoy. And he is down and hurt. | 没进 佛罗诺抢进攻篮板受伤倒地 |
[1:35:01] | Stay down. Coach. | 都别动 教练 |
[1:35:07] | Where’d he hurt? Harry. | 他伤在哪里 |
[1:35:09] | How’d you come down? Did it go out or in? Hold still. | 你怎么倒地的 往里还是往外扭了 别动 |
[1:35:12] | Well, that’s one less thing to worry about. | 少了个要操心的 |
[1:35:18] | Cager, you’re in. | 凯奇 你上场 |
[1:35:24] | And it looks like Flournoy has to come out of this game. | 看起来佛罗诺要退出比赛了 |
[1:35:27] | This will be a huge blow to the Miners if he can’t return. | 他若不能回来对矿工队 将是个巨大的损失 |
[1:35:30] | He’s through for the night.Oh. Boy. This will be tough because he’s a great rebounder for Texas Western. | 他今晚没法比赛了 |
[1:35:31] | Oh. Boy. This will be tough because he’s a great rebounder for Texas Western. | 这下不妙 他可是德州西部的篮板保证 |
[1:35:35] | At six-five. He is one of the best. | 他是这个身高的球员里最好的之一 |
[1:35:38] | And it’ll be a disaster if he can’t continue. | 如果无法继续比赛无异于飞来横祸 |
[1:35:41] | Tough break, son. | 很不容易了 |
[1:35:48] | Ten minutes gone in this fast-paced first half. | 快节奏的上半场已经进行了一半 |
[1:35:51] | Kentucky with the ball and the lead. Here’s a backdoor cut by Riley. | 肯塔基控制球权并暂时领先 莱利突然底线切入 |
[1:35:54] | He goes up and is slammed to the floor. | 起跳投篮摔在了地上 |
[1:35:56] | And that’ll be number three on Big David Lattin. | 这是大卫·拉丁的第三次犯规 |
[1:35:59] | That really hurts the Miners because this big guy’s been carrying Texas Western | 这可触动了矿工队的神经 要知道他可是承载球队… |
[1:36:04] | with his strong inside play. | 内线攻防的重心 |
[1:36:06] | Now Don Haskins will have to take the very physical Lattin out of the game. | 现在唐·哈斯金斯被迫换下拉丁 |
[1:36:09] | I can’t let you foul out. | 我不能让你被罚出场 |
[1:36:11] | And it looks like Nevil Shed is replacing him. But they’re giving up something here. | 替上的是内维尔·谢德 这样内线优势已经丧失 |
[1:36:16] | Riley’s first free throw is good. | 莱利第一罚命中 哈斯金斯教练 |
[1:36:19] | And Coach Haskins wants a word with Bobby Joe Hill. | 在给鲍比·乔·希尔暗授机宜 |
[1:36:22] | The Wildcats by four now with a chance to stretch their lead. | 野猫队现在领先4分 还有机会扩大比分 |
[1:36:26] | Here’s Tommy Kron bringing the ball up for Kentucky. | 汤米·科隆带球帮助肯塔基推进 |
[1:36:29] | Orsten Artis all over him. And here comes Hill! | 奥斯滕·阿蒂斯如影随形 希尔也来了 |
[1:36:32] | He strips it away and he’s going in for the lay-up! | 球被希尔断了 运球上篮得分 |
[1:36:35] | What a pair of hands. | 多么与众不同的双手 |
[1:36:39] | What a steal by Hill. | 多么精彩的断球 |
[1:36:41] | That happens when you don’t talk to each other. | 谁叫你们场上不及时沟通 |
[1:36:42] | This time Louie Dampier with the basketball. He’s played by Bobby Joe Hill. | 这次路易·丹皮尔带球 防守他的是鲍比·乔·希尔 |
[1:36:47] | He steps in and steals it again! Holy mackerel! | 他跨步上前 又断球了 不太可能吧 |
[1:36:49] | Bobby Joe Hill picked the lock on the Fort Knox hands of Louie Dampier. | 鲍比·乔·希尔从铁手路易·丹皮尔 手中断球 |
[1:36:53] | And he’s got back-to-back steals and lay-ups. And like that. We’re tied again. | 他接二连三断球上篮得分 两队再度打成平手 |
[1:36:58] | Time-out. Time-out! | 暂停 暂停 |
[1:37:00] | -Kentucky wants time. -Time-out. White. | -肯塔基请求暂停 -白队暂停 |
[1:37:03] | Yes. | 太棒了 |
[1:37:08] | Hey, those are two big-time plays, Hill. | 那2下干得精彩 希尔 |
[1:37:11] | -Are you scared? -No, sir! | -你们害怕了? -没有 教练 |
[1:37:14] | I know someone who’s not scared. Conley’s not. | 我知道谁不害怕 康利不怕 |
[1:37:17] | We don’t teach scared at the University of Kentucky. | 我们肯塔基球员从来就不知道害怕 |
[1:37:19] | I need you standing there waiting for ’em when they come outta time-out, | 我要你们跟他们死磕 直到他们要求暂停 |
[1:37:22] | like a force, like a wall! | 像堵墙一样挡住他们 |
[1:37:24] | Don’t let that guy crowd you! Get him out of there. | 别被那些小子吓倒 给他们点颜色看看 |
[1:37:28] | This the national championship. Are you surprised? They come to play. | 这是冠军之战 你们很惊讶吗 他们来争夺冠军 |
[1:37:31] | So we got to play back. We know how to play this game better than anybody. | 我们就把他们打回去 没人比我们更清楚怎么打球 |
[1:37:35] | Play the game. Let’s go. | 上场比赛 战胜他们 |
[1:37:37] | Over here! | 那边 |
[1:37:46] | Set it up, set it up. | 落好位 |
[1:37:47] | Defense, defense! Watch Hill. Inside! | 防守 注意希尔 看好内线 |
[1:37:56] | That’s it. That’s what I want. | 投的不错 就要这样投篮 |
[1:38:12] | Inside of ten seconds to go. First half. | 上半场还有10秒结束 |
[1:38:14] | Jaracz with the ball. High post. Looking for Riley. Running off a screen. | 加里奇高位持球 找莱利 做了个挡拆 |
[1:38:18] | Here’s a shot at the buzzer. | 压哨球 |
[1:38:21] | It’s good! | 球进了 |
[1:38:27] | We’re all a little shocked. | 我们都感到吃惊 |
[1:38:30] | Texas Western is leading Kentucky at the half. | 德州西部半场领先肯塔基 |
[1:38:33] | But the smart money has to be on Kentucky | 但显然肯塔基会最终夺冠 |
[1:38:35] | ’cause they were firing on all cylinders to end the half. | 因为下半场他们会把篮筐投成筛子 |
[1:38:39] | The Miners did have some big plays. | 矿工队打得很精彩 |
[1:38:40] | But must be concerned with the three fouls on David Lattin | 但必须看到大卫·拉丁已有3次犯规 |
[1:38:44] | as well as the injury to Harry Flournoy. | 还有哈里·佛罗诺受伤下场 |
[1:38:46] | He will not return. | 他不会再上场了 |
[1:38:53] | -Yo, hurry up, you late. -Close the door. Come on. | -快点 你来迟了 -把门关上 快点 |
[1:38:56] | They’re getting ready to start the second half. | 他们看起来对下半场信心十足 |
[1:38:59] | crowning a champion. | 争夺NCAA的冠军 |
[1:39:00] | Don’t let that cocky kid set a tent up under the basket. | 别再让那些小子们轻易得分 |
[1:39:03] | If he gets position on you, it’ll throw down every time. Get him out of there! | 他一旦占据你的位置 球就必进无疑 把他顶出去 |
[1:39:07] | I’m putting you in with three fouls, Lattin. | 球还是要继续打 拉丁 我再让你上 |
[1:39:10] | You gotta play smart and protect the paint. | 你小心犯规 但内线还是要守住 |
[1:39:13] | He’s trying to figure out how to get you to foul out, so keep your feet on the ground. | 他正在盘算如何让你罚下 所以尽可能减少犯规次数 |
[1:39:16] | -Get a body on him. I want him outta there. -OK? You ready? | -跟他身体对抗 我希望把他罚下去 -准备好了吗? |
[1:39:20] | -Are you the University of Kentucky? -Yes, sir. | -你们是肯塔基的球员吗? -是的 教练 |
[1:39:22] | What has the Baron designed for his Wildcats? | 我们看看男爵是怎么给球员布置的 |
[1:39:24] | -Come on, number ten. -Wildcats give the ball to Louie Dampier. | -快点 打给十号 -野猫队传球给路易·丹皮尔 |
[1:39:28] | Get your hand up! | 把手举起来 |
[1:39:29] | -Here’s his long jump shot. -There it is. | -远射 -对了 |
[1:39:32] | And the Kentucky fans are on their feet. | 这点燃了肯塔基球迷的热情 |
[1:39:34] | Come on, get back! | 快点 回防 |
[1:39:35] | The Miners feed it inside to Lattin. And Riley steals it away. | 矿工队把球喂给拉丁 莱利抢断成功 |
[1:39:39] | Now Kentucky looks to break. Tommy Kron on the point. | 肯塔基形成快攻 汤米·科隆带球快下 |
[1:39:42] | Feeds it to Riley. Who beats Lattin to the basket and lays it in for two! | 莱利接球 躲过拉丁上篮得分 |
[1:39:45] | Now. That is Kentucky basketball. | 现在肯塔基打出自己的特色了 |
[1:39:47] | That’s it, that’s it. | 就这样 就这样 |
[1:39:49] | Kentucky trapping outta their zone. And Kron takes it away from Worsley. | 肯塔基扩大联防 科隆抢断沃斯利 |
[1:39:53] | The Wildcats look to run again. Fast break ahead to Riley. | 野猫队又形成快攻 莱利得球上篮 |
[1:39:57] | And that is back-to-back hoops for the all-American. | 这位全美明星队员连得4分 |
[1:40:00] | I don’t know what Coach Rupp told his team at halftime. But they are on fire. | 不知拉普教练中场布置了什么 他们现在四处开花 |
[1:40:04] | This is how the number-one team in the nation plays. | 这才是顶级球队的风格 |
[1:40:06] | Here’s Riley on the move to the basket. And Lattin fouls him again. | 莱利向篮下移动 拉丁又对他犯规了 |
[1:40:10] | Foul. Miners, number 43! | 矿工队43号犯规 |
[1:40:13] | And that will send the big center to the bench with his fourth foul. | 这第4次犯规又会 把这个强壮中锋送上板凳 |
[1:40:16] | That’s aggressive play. | 刚才那下很提气 |
[1:40:18] | The Miners are hanging in. But that’s gotta hurt on both ends. | 矿工队不作调整 但这样攻防都会受影响 |
[1:40:21] | Hey, there’s a lot of ball on that, ref. | 这样的球多着呢 裁判 (刚才那次犯规可判可不判) |
[1:40:29] | I know Lattin’s out. But you can’t do this all by yourself. Just slow it down. | 我知道拉丁不在 不过你别单干 放慢节奏 |
[1:40:33] | OK? Get everybody involved. | 让所有人都参与到进攻中来 |
[1:40:37] | And Kentucky leads by eight with ten minutes to play. | 比赛还剩10分钟肯塔基领先8分 |
[1:40:40] | Ball! Ball, ball! | 给球 |
[1:40:43] | Bobby Joe Hill will fire one up from 25 feet. | 鲍比·乔·希尔从25尺的地方投篮 |
[1:40:47] | And he got it! | 球进了 |
[1:40:48] | Check him! Check him! | 别漏人 |
[1:40:50] | Defense, now, defense! | 防守 注意防守 |
[1:40:58] | Way to penetrate. That’s what I want. | 这就对了 渗透他们的防守 |
[1:41:10] | Yes! | 好样的 |
[1:41:24] | Cager’s spun it off the glass. And the Miners lead by three! | 凯奇打板入筐 矿工队领先3分 |
[1:41:27] | Time. Time! Time-out, Wildcats! | 暂停 野猫队要求暂停 |
[1:41:32] | Coach Rupp calls time. He’s seen enough. | 拉普教练请求暂停 看样子他受不了了 |
[1:41:35] | Miners lead at 64-61. Just two minutes left. | 矿工队领先 比分64-61 离比赛结束还有2分钟 |
[1:41:46] | All season, when you had nothing left, you come up with it. And you had success. | 过去整个赛季 当你们无路可退时 就勇往直前 然后取胜 |
[1:41:51] | You did it, you did it. | 你们做到过 是你们做到的 |
[1:41:53] | And that’s how we got here, from your efforts. From your efforts, we’re here. | 这样我们才走到今天 通过你们的努力才达到的 |
[1:41:56] | We are two minutes from a championship. Lattin, I’m putting you back in. | 还有2分钟我们就能问鼎冠军 拉丁 我让你重新上场 |
[1:42:00] | Right now it’s not about talent – it’s about heart. | 现在不是靠天赋 而是心态 |
[1:42:03] | It’s about who can go out there and play the hardest and the smartest. | 看谁打得更强硬 更聪明 |
[1:42:07] | This team’s a special team. | 这不是一支普通的球队 |
[1:42:10] | Special team. | 是特殊的球队 |
[1:42:14] | You’re gonna win this game. | 我们将会赢得最终胜利 |
[1:42:16] | -You hear that? -Yes, sir. | -都听见了吗 -听见了教练 |
[1:42:17] | You’re gonna win this game. So go out there and make me a prophet. | 我们将会赢得比赛 到场上去实现我的预言 |
[1:42:22] | They’ve been here before – they won’t give it to us. | 冠军在他们手里 不会轻易送给我们 |
[1:42:24] | We gotta go out there and we gotta take it! Right? Take it! Take it! | 所以我们要去抢过来 抢过来 |
[1:42:28] | I want you to go out there and take it! One, two, three! | 我要你们去抢冠军 1 2 3 |
[1:42:31] | Take it! | 夺冠 |
[1:42:39] | Two minutes to go. And the Miners lead Adolph Rupp and Kentucky by three. | 比赛还剩2分钟 矿工队领先阿道夫·拉普的肯塔基3分 |
[1:42:43] | Defense! Defense! | 防守 防守 |
[1:42:45] | Four-two. | 4-2战术 |
[1:42:46] | Louie Dampier guarded tightly by Bobby Joe Hill. | 路易·丹皮尔被鲍比·乔·希尔 死死盯住 |
[1:42:50] | He reverses his dribble and fires. It’s good! | 他转身运球 投篮 球进了 |
[1:42:52] | There it is. | 这就对了 |
[1:42:53] | That was a big shot. | 很关键的一投 |
[1:42:56] | Miners look to answer. | 矿工队试图回敬一球 |
[1:43:01] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[1:43:02] | Wildcats into the front court. Needing a score. | 野猫队带球进前场 急需得分 |
[1:43:05] | Riley breaks free. | 莱利处于空位 |
[1:43:13] | Set it up! Set it up! | 动起来 动起来 |
[1:43:15] | Now who will answer the bell for the Miners? | 谁来为矿工队回敬一球 |
[1:43:17] | Artis passes it to Cager at the foul line. | 阿蒂斯将球传给罚球线处的凯奇 |
[1:43:20] | He slashes around Jaracz. Takes it right down Main Street. | 凯奇绕过加里奇 中宫直进 |
[1:43:28] | So it comes down to this. 18 seconds remain. | 比赛还有18秒就要结束 |
[1:43:31] | Wildcats with the ball. In need of a score | 野猫队控球 迫切需要得分 |
[1:43:34] | to keep their hopes of a fifth national championship alive. | 以保住夺取第5次全国冠军的希望 |
[1:43:37] | Kentucky looking inside for a mismatch against the shorter Worsley. | 肯塔基打算用内线错位 单打矮个沃斯利 |
[1:43:43] | Stolen away by Bobby Joe. | 球被鲍比·乔断了 |
[1:44:06] | Desperation time now for Kentucky in the final seconds. | 还有2秒钟 肯塔基绝望了 |
[1:44:10] | Here’s a miss by Kron. Lattin has the rebound for Texas Western. | 科隆投球偏出 拉丁为德州西部护住篮板 |
[1:44:13] | He gives it to Bobby Joe. Looking at the clock. Watching it count down. | 传给鲍比·乔 等时间耗完 |
[1:44:17] | 10 9 8 Ten. Nine. Eight… | |
[1:44:20] | The Miners are on their way to victory. | 矿工队正在走向胜利 |
[1:44:42] | This is the greatest upset in NCAA history! | 这是NCAA历史上最大的冷门 |
[1:44:46] | Texas Western is the new national champion! | 德州西部大学是新晋全国冠军 |
[1:45:09] | National champion! | 全国冠军 |
[1:45:23] | Mama, I’m a national champion. | 妈妈 我是全国冠军了 |
[1:45:27] | I’m a national champion. | 我是全国冠军了 |
[1:45:38] | Where is he? I can’t see! Where is he? | 他在哪 我看不见他 他在哪里 |
[1:45:46] | I love you, Mama. Thank you. | 妈妈 我爱你 谢谢你 |
[1:46:28] | * “People Get Ready” by Alicia Keys and Lyfe Jennings | * 歌曲名 |
[1:46:35] | * Let me tell ya now | * 我来告诉你们 |
[1:46:37] | * People. Get ready | * 大家准备好 |
[1:46:39] | * There’s a train a-comin’ | * 火车要来了 |
[1:46:43] | * You don’t need no baggage You just get on board | * 不用带行李 上车就行了 |
[1:48:57] | * One of These Days | * 某天醒来 |
[1:49:01] | * “Sweet Music (One of These Days)” By Alicia Keys | * 歌曲名 |
[1:49:03] | * Sky’s gonna be blue | * 天空湛蓝 |
[1:49:08] | * One of these days I’m gonna wake up | * 某天醒来 |
[1:49:12] | * To a sun shining through | * 阳光明媚 |
[1:49:18] | * One of these days | * 某天 |
[1:49:24] | * This song is gonna be true | * 这首歌会成真 |
[1:49:27] | * And the world | * 全世界 |
[1:49:30] | * The world | * 全世界 |
[1:49:32] | * is gonna be brand new | * 焕然一新 |
[1:49:39] | * One of these days I’m gonna wake up | * 某天醒来 |
[1:49:44] | * And I’m gonna feel fine | * 我感觉会很好 |
[1:49:49] | * One of these days I’m gonna wake up | * 某天醒来 |
[1:49:54] | * And my dreams are gonna be mine | * 美梦成真 |
[1:49:59] | * One of these days | * 某天 |
[1:50:04] | * This song is gonna be true | * 这首歌会成真 |
[1:50:08] | * And the world | * 全世界 |
[1:50:11] | * The world | * 全世界 |
[1:50:13] | * is gonna be brand new | * 焕然一新 |
[1:50:18] | * is gonna sound llke musLc | * 像优美的音乐 |
[1:50:23] | * Oh, sweet musLc | * 优美的音乐 |
[1:50:29] | * And everybody is gonna want | * 大家都想 |
[1:50:33] | * is gonna sing this song | * 唱这首歌 |
[1:50:38] | * They’re gonna say love | * 传播爱 |
[1:50:40] | You know, Kentucky’s so big, and Adolph Rupp’s name was so big, | 肯塔基声名在外 阿道夫·拉普名字如雷灌耳 |
[1:50:46] | that, I guess, that made it more significant. | 这让那场比赛意义更加重大 |
[1:50:51] | The initial thought was, “Do we really have a chance here?” | 最初的念头是”我们有机会吗” |
[1:50:55] | We felt their presence at the beginning of the game, | 我们一开始就觉得他们不同寻常 |
[1:50:58] | when they came out with this incredible effort and zeal. | 他们在场上表现出的努力和热情 难以置信 |
[1:51:01] | I think the most significant… It’s when David Lattin made his dunk shot – | 我觉得大卫·拉丁的那个扣篮很重要 |
[1:51:07] | that’s what really got us going. | 这个球把我们的士气提起来了 |
[1:51:09] | And I went up, and he grabbed it, and he just kept going up and up and up. | 我上前封盖 他接到球 还是坚持起跳 |
[1:51:13] | And he just dunked it over the top of me. | 他竟然在我头上扣篮成功 |
[1:51:15] | He put it down with such ferocity that it intimidated me. | 他扣得非常凶狠 着实吓我一跳 |
[1:51:19] | And I did tell David before the game, if he hadn’t run over somebody, | 开赛之前 我和大卫说过 如果他无法全面压制对方 |
[1:51:24] | that I wanted him to tear the rim off a couple of times. | 那就多蹂躏几次篮筐 |
[1:51:27] | But those two steals by Bobby Joe Hill broke our back | 不过鲍比·乔·希尔的那2次抢断 打乱了我们的阵脚 |
[1:51:34] | and reinforced what the reality was. | 进一步证明了事实 |
[1:51:38] | And the reality was this: | 事实就是 |
[1:51:41] | They were bigger and they were better | 他们比我们强大 |
[1:51:43] | and they were more talented and they were quicker. They were a better team. | 他们极有天赋 速度极快 是一支优秀的球队 |
[1:51:47] | Kentucky was kind of a tough team to match up against. | 肯塔基是一支很难对付的球队 |
[1:51:51] | See, that was a very, very quick team. | 他们是一支速度极快 极快的球队 |
[1:51:54] | And I played the guys that I felt we could win with. | 我用能胜过他们的球员上场 |
[1:51:59] | We ran out there. And what I saw was wall-to-wall people. | 当我们出去的时候 看到一层一层的人群 |
[1:52:04] | The reporter was white. The cheerleaders was white. | 记者是白人 拉拉队是白人 |
[1:52:08] | The referee was white. The camera people was white. | 裁判是白人 摄影师也是白人 |
[1:52:11] | It was an atmosphere that could have been real hostile for us if we allowed it to be. | 你可以感觉到那种不太友好的气氛 |
[1:52:17] | I feel that this game was probably the Emancipation Proclamation of 1966. | 我感觉这场比赛的意义 就象1966年的奴隶解放宣言 |
[1:52:23] | And it wasn’t until history started to talk about this game, you know, in that context, | 直到这场比赛被载入史册 |
[1:52:29] | that we realized we were part of something that was bigger | 我们才意识到我们成为其中一个注脚 |
[1:52:32] | than just five blacks and five whites. | 这场比赛不止是场5黑对5白的比赛 |
[1:52:34] | Black ballplayers were thought of as inferior. | 黑人球员过去一直被认为是次等的 |
[1:52:38] | You know, can’t work under pressure. You know, rip ’em a little bit, and they’ll fold. | 不能在压力下打球 只要稍有压力 他们就会全线溃败 |
[1:52:44] | That was the way that a white person was thinking back then, | 而且白人过去一直根深蒂固的观念是 |
[1:52:49] | that we couldn’t compete with the white players. | 我们不能和他们同场竞技 |
[1:52:52] | We experienced a lot of racism during that season. | 我们在那个赛季经历了 各种各样的歧视偏见 |
[1:52:56] | People would spit at you, and fans would call us niggers, coons… | 人们会向你吐口水 球迷会称呼我们黑鬼 黑奴 |
[1:53:04] | And the world looked at it in that perspective – | 那个时候整个世界是这样看的 |
[1:53:09] | the white team verses this black team. For us. | 这是白人球队和黑人球队之争 |
[1:53:14] | We were playing for much more than what they were playing for. | 所以我们打球的目的没对手那么单纯 |
[1:53:17] | They were playing for just another championship. | 他们的目标只是夺取另一次冠军 |
[1:53:20] | We were playing to prove that it doesn’t make any difference what color you were – | 而我们则要证明不管你是什么肤色 |
[1:53:24] | if you’re given the opportunity, you could do anything. | 只要出现机会 就能够实现梦想 |
[1:53:29] | If I could turn back the hands of time, | 如果可以回到那时双方握手的时刻 |
[1:53:33] | I would have love to have gone over to the Kentucky players | 我很愿意去到肯塔基球员面前 |
[1:53:40] | and shaken their hands. | 和他们握手问好 |
[1:53:42] | Not to patronize them, you know? | 不是那种屈尊俯就 |
[1:53:45] | And not to say, “Thank you for giving me an opportunity.” | 也不是要表达”谢谢你们给我机会” |
[1:53:49] | You didn’t give us this opportunity. We earned this, see. | 你们没给我们机会 机会是靠我们努力拼搏得来的 |
[1:53:53] | I’m proud to be part of this portrayal of a great, | 我十分自豪能够在颂扬伟大教练 |
[1:53:55] | great man in Don Haskins | 唐·哈斯金斯的电影中 占据一席之地 |
[1:53:58] | and, you know, players who simply cared about being great | 球员只关心能否成为伟大的球员 |
[1:54:02] | and wanting to separate themselves from the pack | 只想放下心理负担打球 |
[1:54:06] | and wanting to do something unique. | 去成就前无古人的功绩 |
[1:54:10] | And to leave footprints in the sand. They’ve done that, man. | 在历史的长河中不被遗忘 他们做到了 |
[1:54:15] | They’ve done that. | 他们确实做到了 |
[1:55:30] | * I Will Make the Darkness Light” by Alicia Keys | * 歌曲名 |
[1:55:36] | * I will make the darkness light | * 我将在黑暗中燃起明灯 |
[1:55:42] | * For you | * 为了你 |
[1:55:48] | * What is wrong | * 有什么地方不对 |
[1:55:51] | * I’ll make it all right | * 我来纠正 |
[1:55:55] | * For you | * 为了你 |
[1:56:01] | * All the battles | * 所有的斗争 |
[1:56:03] | * I’ll fight them | * 我来扛起 |
[1:56:07] | * For you | * 为了你 |
[1:56:13] | * And the high place | * 高山险阻 |
[1:56:18] | * I’ll bring down | * 我来克服 |
[1:57:05] | * And the high place | * 高山险阻 |
[1:57:10] | * I’ll bring down | * 我来克服 |