英文名称:Henry Poole Is Here
年代:2008
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:04] | oh, my | 哦 天 |
[01:06] | Hope you haven’t wait long | 希望你没等太久 |
[01:08] | I’m usually the first one here. | 我通常都是第一个到的 |
[01:09] | Sorry about that. All right. | 真不好意思 没关系啦 |
[01:13] | I think you’re gonna like this | 我相信你会喜欢这套 |
[01:14] | three-bedroom property, Mr. Poole. | 三间卧室的房子的 普尔先生 |
[01:16] | Right through here, this bathroom has been completely redone– | 就在这 这间洗手间刚刚重新装修过 |
[01:20] | new tiles, new sink. | 新瓷砖 新水池 |
[01:22] | There are walk-ins in every room. | 哪间屋子都有可直通这里的过道 |
[01:24] | And right through here is the kitchen. | 这里是厨房 |
[01:26] | Look at this skylight.That is nice. | 看看这天窗 多漂亮啊 |
[01:29] | And the cabinets, I believe | 还有这橱子 |
[01:30] | are original, which some people really enjoy. | 都是原装的 人们肯定喜欢 |
[01:33] | And if you follow me to the backyard– | 接着 跟我到后院 |
[01:35] | And, uh… | 那个 呃… |
[01:37] | What about the other house? The one down the street. | 另一套房子如何? 街尾那套 |
[01:41] | Oh, right. | 哦 对了 |
[01:43] | Well, I made the offer like you asked, | 我跟他们说了你的价格 |
[01:47] | but they didn’t want to sell. | 但他们不愿意卖 |
[01:48] | Yeah, that house is not on the market. | 而且 他们也没打算卖 |
[01:50] | I mean, did you tell them that I’d pay whatever they wanted? | 你跟他们说 多钱我都愿意了吗? |
[01:54] | I did, Mr. Poole.They live there. | 我说了 普尔先生 但他们住那 |
[01:57] | They like it.That’s their home. | 也很喜欢那里 那是他们的家啊 |
[02:00] | But anyway, back to this place… | 但总之 说到这套房子 |
[02:03] | Let me just show you this backyard. | 我带你看看后院吧 |
[02:06] | Are you from California, Mr. Poole? | 你是加州人吗 普尔先生? |
[02:09] | The weather’s so nice here. | 这里的天气非常棒 |
[02:11] | A lot of Californians spend time in their backyard. | 很多加州人都喜欢呆在后院里消磨时光 |
[02:12] | And look at this–there’s plenty of room for a pool | 你看这 足够放游泳池了 |
[02:15] | or a hot tub How much? | 或者放个大浴盆 多少钱 |
[02:18] | Well, they’re asking 325. | 他们想要325美元 |
[02:20] | I’m sorry, could you mind repeating that? | 不好意思 再说一遍行吗? |
[02:24] | I just have trouble with this ear. | 我这只耳朵听力不太好 |
[02:25] | Oh, I’m sorry. I was saying they’re asking 325. | 我 我是说 他们要325美元 |
[02:32] | Okay, I’ll take it. | 好吧 我买了 |
[02:34] | Well. | 哦 |
[02:36] | Mr. Poole, I’m pretty sure I could | 普尔先生 我肯定 |
[02:38] | get them to knock off 25 or 30. | 能帮你划下25到30美元的 |
[02:40] | I mean, look at this place. It needs to be re-stuccoed and– | 我是说 你看看这 需要重新粉刷 |
[02:44] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[02:45] | I’ll pay what they’re asking. | 他们要多少我给多少就是了 |
[02:47] | But look at the place. | 可你看这房子 |
[02:49] | I mean, it needs paint at the minimum | 至少也得重新刷浆 |
[02:51] | and the landscaping really leaves a lot to be desired. | 而且风景也不太好 |
[02:55] | I’d like to pay what they want. | 就照他们说的价钱吧 |
[02:59] | No negotiating, no repairs, just– | 不用划价 不用修理 |
[03:02] | But Mr. Poole– | 可 普尔先生 |
[03:03] | Mrs. Wyat, | 华尔特太太 |
[03:05] | you need to just let this go. Okay? | 就这么办吧 好吗? |
[03:09] | The higher the price, the bigger your commission. | 房价越高 你的佣金就越多 |
[03:13] | So Okay, then. | 所以 好吧 那么… |
[03:26] | # Don’t got a lot of time # | #不要浪费时间# |
[03:28] | # Don’t give a damn # | #不要怨言漫天# |
[03:31] | # Don’t tell me what to do # | #不要告诉我该怎么做# |
[03:33] | # I am the man # | #我就是我# |
[03:35] | # If there’s a God up there # | #如果真的有# |
[03:38] | # Something above # | #上帝# |
[03:41] | # God, shine your light down here # | #上帝 让你的光辉照耀这里# |
[03:43] | # Shine on the love # | #照耀着爱# |
[03:45] | # Love of the loveless # | #照耀着不被爱的# |
[03:50] | # Love of the loveless # | #照耀着不被爱的# |
[03:56] | # Don’t have too many friends # | #不必有太多朋友# |
[03:58] | # Never felt at home # | #不要自我感觉良好# |
[04:01] | # Always been my own man # | 我一向是# |
[04:03] | # Pretty much alone # | #独来独往# |
[04:05] | # I know how to get through # | #我知道如何调剂# |
[04:08] | # And when push comes to shove # | #何时积极进取# |
[04:11] | # I got something that you need # | #我拥有你缺乏的# |
[04:13] | # I got the love # | #我拥有爱# |
[04:15] | # Love of the loveless # | #照耀着不被爱的# |
[04:20] | # Love of the loveless # | #照耀着不被爱的# |
[04:25] | # Love of the loveless # | #照耀着不被爱的# |
[04:30] | # Love of the loveless # | #照耀着不被爱的# |
[04:36] | # All around you, people walking # | #人来人往# |
[04:38] | # Empty hearts and voices talking # | #带着空虚的心和空洞的声音# |
[04:41] | # Looking for and finding # | #四处寻找# |
[04:44] | # Nothing # | #一无所获# |
[05:04] | # Don’t got a lot of time # | #不要浪费时间# |
[05:06] | # Don’t really care # | #不要付出感情# |
[05:08] | # Not selling anything # | #不要试图付出# |
[05:11] | # Buyer beware # | #他们并不领情# |
[05:14] | # If there’s a God up there # | #如果真的有# |
[05:16] | # Something above # | #上帝# |
[05:18] | # God, shine your light down here # | #上帝 让你的光辉照耀这里# |
[05:21] | # Shine on the love # | #照耀着爱# |
[05:22] | # Love of the loveless # | #照耀着不被爱的# |
[05:28] | # Love of the loveless # | #照耀着不被爱的# |
[05:53] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[05:54] | I’m your neighbor from–from next door, | 我是住你隔壁的邻居 |
[05:57] | Esperanza Martinez. | 艾丝帕兰 马丁兹 |
[05:58] | I just want to come by and say hello, | 我只是想过来问个好 |
[06:01] | um, welcome you to the neighborhood. | 欢迎搬到这里 |
[06:04] | Hello.Homemade tamales for you. | 你好 这是我自制的玉米粉蒸肉 |
[06:07] | Oh. | 哦 |
[06:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:10] | I used to be… | 我曾经 |
[06:12] | good friends with the man who lived here. | 跟住在这里的人是好朋友 |
[06:14] | I was actually the one who found him. | 也是我发现的他 |
[06:18] | Found him where? | 在哪发现他 |
[06:20] | There in your kitchen. Oh. | 在你厨房里 哦 |
[06:22] | He died of a heart attack. | 他死于心脏病 |
[06:24] | Fue terrible. | 真可怕 |
[06:27] | It was terrible. | 真是太可怕了 |
[06:29] | He had been laying there for 10 hours, they think. | 他们说他在那躺了10个小时 |
[06:32] | Here? Yes. | 在这? 嗯 |
[06:35] | We were good friends. | 我们曾经是好朋友 |
[06:38] | So where are you from? | 那么 你是哪的人? |
[06:41] | Not here. | 不是本地的 |
[06:43] | Oh. | 哦 |
[06:46] | Thank you for the tamales. | 多谢你的玉米粉蒸肉了 |
[06:51] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[06:55] | Looks like you’re burning. | 看来你在晒太阳 |
[06:57] | I am. Are you wearing any sunscreen? | 没错 擦防晒霜了吗? |
[07:01] | Well, I would have called before I stopped by, | 呃 我来之前应该打个招呼的 |
[07:04] | but you still don’t have a phone. | 可你还没装电话呢 |
[07:06] | No. Yeah, and I rang the– | 是没有 嗯 我按了 |
[07:08] | Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you’re doing okay | 总之 我是来看看你是否还好 |
[07:12] | and that the move went well. | 搬家是否顺利 |
[07:15] | And did you notice that we re-stuccoed and painted? | 你注意到我们重新粉刷这里了吗? |
[07:18] | Yeah, I noticed that. | 嗯 注意到了 |
[07:20] | Didn’t I ask you not to do that? | 我不是告诉过你不必了吗? |
[07:23] | Yeah, well… | 是没错 呃 |
[07:25] | I just thought– The thing is… | 我只是想 问题是 |
[07:28] | I’m not gonna be living here that long, Mrs. Wyat, | 我不会在这住太久 华尔特太太 |
[07:31] | so it’s really just a waste of time. | 所以这纯属浪费时间 |
[07:33] | What do you mean, you’re not gonna be living here that long? | 不会住太久是什么意思? |
[07:39] | And for the record, | 经验谈 |
[07:43] | whoever did it, | 无论谁干这活 |
[07:45] | they did kind of a lousy job. | 都得烦透了 |
[07:47] | It’s all discolored right there. | 那里已经掉漆了 |
[07:51] | Oh, well… | 哦 呃 |
[07:54] | we can have that fixed. | 我们可以修好 |
[07:56] | No, don’t bother. | 不必麻烦了 |
[07:58] | It doesn’t matter. | 无所谓的 |
[08:08] | Anyhow. | 无所谓了 |
[08:19] | Looks like you’re burning. | 看来你在晒太阳啊 |
[08:21] | I am. Are you wearing any sunscreen? | 没错 擦防晒霜了吗? |
[08:26] | Well, I would have called before I stopped by, | 来之前 我应该打个招呼的 |
[08:28] | but you still don’t have a phone. | 但你还没装电话呢 |
[08:31] | And I rang the bell. | 我按了门铃 |
[08:32] | Well?And did you notice | 你注意到我们 |
[08:34] | that we re-stuccoed and painted? | 重新粉刷这里了吗? |
[08:37] | Yeah, I noticed that. | 注意到了 |
[08:39] | Didn’t I ask you not to do that? | 我不是说过不必了吗? |
[08:42] | Yeah, well… | 嗯 呃 |
[08:44] | I just thought- The thing is, | 我只是觉得 问题是 |
[08:46] | I’m not gonna be living here that long, Mrs. Wyat. | 我没打算在这住太久 华尔特太太 |
[08:48] | So it’s kind of a waste of time. | 所以这纯属浪费时间 |
[08:52] | What do you mean, you’re not gonna be living here that long? | 不会住太久是什么意思? |
[08:54] | And for the record, | 经验谈 |
[08:56] | whoever did it, | 无论谁干这活 |
[08:58] | they did kind of a lousy job. | 都得烦透了 |
[09:00] | It’s all discolored right there. | 那里都掉漆了 |
[09:02] | Oh, well… | 哦 呃 |
[09:03] | we can have that fixed. | 我们可以修好的 |
[09:05] | No, don’t bother. | 不必麻烦了 |
[09:07] | It doesn’t matter. | 无所谓的 |
[09:10] | Anyhow. | 无所谓了 |
[09:25] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[09:58] | Oh my God. | 哦 天哪 |
[10:52] | Yes! Really. Really. | 没错 真的 真的 |
[10:54] | Yes! Yes! | 没错 没错 |
[11:01] | I don’t know anything for sure, but… | 我不太确定 但是 |
[11:06] | It’s– it’s like… | 就像是 |
[11:08] | Oh, please please please please. | 哦 拜托 拜托 拜托 |
[11:12] | Okay. Okay. Okay. | 好了 好了 |
[11:15] | Thank you. See you soon. | 谢谢 回头见 |
[11:17] | Mr. Poole, something very wonderful has happened– | 普尔先生 有好事了 |
[11:22] | Were you just in my backyard? | 你刚是在我后院吗? |
[11:23] | Did you not look? | 你没看见 |
[11:25] | Were you looking in the windows? | 你是不是从窗户往里看了? |
[11:27] | Ay, no! | 没有 |
[11:29] | Of course not. Did you not see? | 当然没有 你没看见吗? |
[11:32] | See what? | 看见什么? |
[11:34] | Oh. Oh my God. l… | 我 上帝呀 我 |
[11:36] | I– I saw you. | 我看见你了 |
[11:38] | You were running around. | 你刚跑来跑去 |
[11:40] | Oh. Oh. | 哦 哦 |
[11:43] | Do you need to borrow something? | 你是想借东西吗? |
[11:46] | Okay, I’ll see you later. | 好吧 回头见了 |
[12:05] | You don’t see it? | 你没看见吗? |
[12:06] | See what? | 看见什么 |
[12:07] | All I see is a water stain from a lousy stucco job. | 我只看到墙上掉漆都潮了 |
[12:12] | You are not looking. | 你根本没在看 |
[12:21] | I– I don’t see anything. | 我 我什么也没看到 |
[12:23] | You are not looking. | 你没在看哪 |
[12:27] | Es el rostro de Dios. | 这是上帝的圣颜(西班牙语) |
[12:30] | The face of God. | 上帝的圣颜 |
[12:32] | The face of Christ. | 基督的样子 |
[12:34] | It’s– it’s like a sign from God. | 这是上帝的启示 |
[12:38] | Look, the only sign I see is that | 听着 我唯一看到的启示就是 |
[12:40] | you seem a little overexcited. | 你好像有点过于兴奋了 |
[12:43] | It’s probably the heat. | 估计是天太热了 |
[12:45] | I think the heat has gotten to you. | 你大概是中暑了 |
[12:47] | Okay | 好吧好吧 |
[12:48] | I– l– I know it’s hard to believe it. | 我知道这很难相信 |
[12:51] | But the proof is right–right there. | 但证据 就在这 |
[12:54] | All right. | 好吧 |
[12:57] | You just going to ignore it? | 你要无视它吗? |
[12:59] | No. No. | 没有 没有 |
[13:02] | I am gonna ignore you, though. | 我要无视你 |
[13:14] | So who were you talking to? | 你跟谁说话呢? |
[13:16] | To you. | 跟你 |
[13:17] | No, I mean in your yard. You were on the phone. | 不 我是说 在你院子里 你在电话里 |
[13:21] | Who were you talking to? | 跟谁说话呢 |
[13:23] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[13:27] | Stay there. | 呆那别动 |
[13:32] | Yeah? | 有事吗? |
[13:34] | Hi, I’m looking for Esperanza Martinez. | 嗨 我来找艾丝帕兰 马丁兹 |
[13:36] | Said she would be here. I’m Father Vincent Salizar | 据说她在这 我是圣雷莫斯天主教堂的 |
[13:38] | from St. Ramos Catholic Church. | 文森特 塞勒扎神父 |
[13:40] | She called and asked me to meet her here– | 她打电话给我让我到这里跟她碰面 |
[13:42] | Disculpame. Que bueno que llego. | 抱歉 你终于来了(西班牙语) |
[13:44] | It’s in the backyard. I’ll show you. | 在后院呢 我带你去看 |
[13:46] | Ven. Come in, come in, come in. | 文 快进来 快进来 |
[13:48] | Mire. Pares aqui. | 看 就是这(西班牙语) |
[13:51] | Aqui aqui. Pares aqui. Aja. | 就这就这 看呐(西班牙语) |
[13:54] | Look, I don’t know what you’re up to, | 听着 我不知道你们要干什么 |
[13:56] | but I didn’t say you could come back here | 但我没让你们进来 |
[13:58] | and I’d like you to both leave. | 而且我希望你们赶紧离开 |
[14:01] | You see? | 看到没 |
[14:03] | Well, I do see something. | 确实看到了 |
[14:06] | Very sorry about the intrusion, Mr. Poole. | 很抱歉冒昧打扰 先生 普尔 |
[14:09] | Henry Poole. | 亨利 普尔 |
[14:10] | Mr. Poole, I apologize. | 普尔先生 我向你道歉 |
[14:12] | So… | 那么 |
[14:14] | you do see it? | 你真的看出来了? |
[14:18] | Well, I can see how it could be interpreted as a face. | 我能看出它是如何用人脸表达 |
[14:21] | Oh my God. That’s quite clear. | 哦 上帝 非常清晰 |
[14:25] | But the face of Christ? | 但如果说是上帝的圣颜? |
[14:27] | I’m not so sure that | 我还不太确定 |
[14:29] | we can make that leap. | 这点稍后再谈 |
[14:31] | Thank you.Thanks. | 谢谢 多谢了 |
[14:33] | You see? You understand? | 明白了?了解了? |
[14:35] | And like I was saying, | 就像我刚才说的 |
[14:37] | I’d like you to both leave.I’m kinda busy in there. | 我希望你们离开 我忙得很 |
[14:39] | No no no no no. Look. Look. | 不不不 看 |
[14:42] | You can see–the eyes here | 你看哪 这里是眼睛 |
[14:45] | and the beard here. | 这里是胡子 |
[14:47] | And the holy shoulder. | 这里是神圣的肩膀 |
[14:51] | Everything. Everything, Padrecito. Everything. | 所有的 整体的 |
[14:56] | I can see how it could be that. | 可以这么看 |
[14:58] | These types of things should not be easily discounted, | 这件事不能过早下结论 |
[15:02] | but we do have to take these things at face value, | 但确实可以这么 |
[15:05] | no pun intended. | 考虑其价值 |
[15:06] | Look, the face value of this | 听着 这个的价值 |
[15:09] | is that it’s a water stain. | 只不过是滩水渍 |
[15:11] | Right? | 知道吗? |
[15:13] | Right? You’re probably right, Mr. Poole. | 知道吗? 也许你说的对 普尔先生 |
[15:16] | Yeah. Yeah. | 没错 没错 |
[15:18] | And by no means does the church condone | 教会绝不会轻恕 |
[15:20] | any kind of frivolous claims of this nature, but– | 这种随便妄断的行为 但是 |
[15:23] | But nothing. Look, | 没有但是 听着 |
[15:25] | the game’s over, okay? That’s not the face of Christ | 游戏结束了 好吗?那不是基督的圣颜 |
[15:28] | and I want to be left alone! | 我希望你们离开我家 |
[15:31] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[15:32] | You’re right, Mr. Poole. | 你说的对 普尔先生 |
[15:35] | We’ve imposed enough. | 我们打扰够久了 |
[15:37] | Esperanza, let’s go. | 艾丝帕兰 我们走了 |
[15:38] | No no, espere un minuto,?si? | 不 不等一下 好吗? |
[15:41] | Mr. Poole, | 普尔先生 |
[15:43] | you can’t ignore this, please. | 请你不要无视这个 |
[15:46] | Es que espere, mejor– mejor, si. Esperanza– | 这应该更好 艾丝帕兰(西班牙语) |
[15:49] | vamonos. Por favor, espere un minuto. | 我们走吧 请等等(西班牙语) |
[15:51] | Mr. Poole, | 普尔先生 |
[15:54] | don’t you believe in God? | 你不信上帝吗? |
[15:56] | Please! Please. | 求你 求你 |
[16:02] | Es que– es el rostro de Dios. | 你面对着上帝(西班牙语) |
[16:05] | Sus ojos. | 看着他的眼睛(西班牙语) |
[17:55] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[17:58] | No, wait… | 不 等等 |
[18:35] | These types of things | 这件事 |
[18:36] | should not be easily discounted, | 不能过早下结论 |
[18:38] | but we do have to take these things at face value, | 但确实可以这么 |
[18:41] | no pun intended. | 考虑其价值 |
[18:42] | Yeah, well, I agree– | 嗯 我同意 |
[18:47] | Please… | 求你 |
[18:53] | It’s gonna be okay. | 没事的 |
[18:55] | We’re gonna be okay. | 我们会没事的 |
[18:59] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:01] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:07] | Hello? | 你好 |
[19:08] | Hi. I’m Henry. I live next door. | 嗨 我是亨利 住在隔壁的 |
[19:11] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 对 |
[19:13] | I saw you move in. I’m Dawn. | 我看到你搬进来了 我是道恩 |
[19:15] | Hi. Hi. Nice to meet you. | 嗨 嗨 很高兴见到你 |
[19:17] | Anyway, your daughter, I guess, | 你女儿 呃 我猜是 |
[19:20] | she dropped this in my backyard. | 把这个落到我院子里了 |
[19:22] | Oh, God, I’m–I’m so sorry. | 哦 天哪 很 很抱歉 |
[19:24] | I keep telling her to stay out of other people’s yards. | 我总是告诉她离别人家远点的 |
[19:28] | No, it’s not a problem. | 不 没事 |
[19:29] | She was just walking around back there. | 她只是到那走走 |
[19:31] | Did she tape you? | 她给你录音了吗? |
[19:34] | Um…I don’t know. | 呃 我不知道 |
[19:38] | ‘Cause she does that sometimes. | 她总这么干 |
[19:39] | She tapes people. | 录下别人的声音 |
[19:42] | Why does she do that? | 她为什么要这么做? |
[19:47] | Uh… | 呃 |
[19:49] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:54] | Um, well, I’ve got to go. But thank you so much | 呃 我得走了 谢谢你 |
[19:57] | for bringing this back to Millie and… | 把这个给米莉送回来 |
[20:00] | I’ll make sure that she stays out of your yard. | 我保证她会离你院子远远的 |
[20:12] | You having another party? | 你又要去参加派对吗? |
[20:13] | Sorry? | 什么? |
[20:15] | Well, I’ve seen you in here a couple of times | 我经常看到你 |
[20:18] | buying the same stuff. | 买同样的东西 |
[20:19] | I thought maybe– Uh… | 我以为 也许 呃 |
[20:21] | That’ll be $155.82. | 155.82美元 |
[20:25] | I thought maybe you might be throwing some parties. | 我以为你经常开派对 |
[20:28] | No parties. | 没什么派对 |
[20:30] | Well, that doesn’t look like a very healthy diet. | 呃 那你的食谱可不利于健康 |
[20:35] | Just kind of a phase. | 这阵子而已 |
[20:55] | Andales. Andales. Hurry hurry. | 安得利斯 安得利斯 快点 |
[21:00] | Go go go with me. | 跟我来 |
[21:02] | Hurry, girl! Hurry. | 快点 姑娘 快 |
[21:03] | Hurry, Margie. | 快点 玛吉 |
[21:09] | Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God. | 哦 上帝 哦 上帝 |
[21:12] | Hey! Oh my God, oh my God. | 嘿 哦上帝 上帝呀 |
[21:14] | Run run run run! | 跑跑跑 |
[21:18] | I see you. | 我看见你了 |
[21:49] | Hey! Hey! Holy shoulder! | 嘿 嘿 神圣的肩膀 |
[21:52] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[21:53] | Are these yours? | 这些是你们的吗? |
[21:59] | There you go. You can have those back. | 给 你可以拿回去了 |
[22:01] | Let me ask you a question. | 问你个问题 |
[22:03] | Does that look like a church back there? ‘Cause it’s not. | 那看着像教堂吗? 那不是 |
[22:07] | It’s my house. It’s private property. | 那是我家 是私人财产 |
[22:09] | And I don’t want you four wandering around back there | 我不在家时 我不希望你们四个 |
[22:12] | when I’m not home with a bunch of candles | 拿着蜡烛在我家附近徘徊 |
[22:13] | doing whatever it is that those things do. Okay? | 做那些无聊事 明白吗? |
[22:16] | And you’re gonna put paint on my wall? | 你们是要在我家墙上画画吗? |
[22:18] | All right? That’s vandalism. | 知道吗 那是恶意破坏他们财物 |
[22:21] | Got it? Please. Please, Mr. Poole. | 明白了吗 拜托 普尔先生 |
[22:23] | Calm. We didn’t paint anything on your wall. | 冷静 我们没在你墙上画东西 |
[22:26] | Really? Really. | 真的? 真的 |
[22:28] | No, nothing? No no no… | 什么也没有? 没有 没有 |
[22:29] | Okay, so what’s that? | 好 那是什么? |
[22:31] | Wanna tell me what that is? | 打算告诉我那是什么吗? |
[22:36] | Oh my God. | 哦 上帝呀 |
[22:38] | That’s not paint, Mr. Poole. | 那不是油漆 普尔先生 |
[22:41] | And we did not put it there. | 也不是我们放在那的 |
[22:44] | So what is it? | 那这是什么? |
[22:46] | It’s blood. | 是血 |
[22:48] | Oh… It’s the holy blood. | 哦 是圣血 |
[22:50] | Blood? Yes. | 血? 是的 |
[22:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:54] | Oh my God. Let me tell you something. | 哦 上帝呀 我跟你们说 |
[22:57] | All three of you are old enough to know better | 你们三个的岁数都该懂事了 |
[23:00] | and I’m especially disappointed in you. | 我对你尤其失望 |
[23:07] | Sick of it. | 烦死了 |
[23:08] | Please just leave me alone, all right? | 别再烦我了 好吗? |
[23:13] | Blood. | 血 |
[23:43] | # I got my head checked # | #我脑袋让# |
[23:46] | # By a jumbo jet # | #飞机撞了# |
[23:50] | # It wasn’t easy # | #日子很难# |
[23:54] | # But nothing is # | #但没什么是容易的# |
[23:57] | # No # | #没有# |
[24:00] | # When I feel heavy metal # | #当我遇到对手# |
[24:04] | # And I’m pins and I’m needles # | #就变得针锋相对# |
[24:07] | # Well, I lie and I’m easy # | #我从容躺下# |
[24:09] | # All of the time but I’m never sure # | 渡过我并不肯定的时光 |
[24:12] | # When I need you # | #当我需要你时# |
[24:15] | # Pleased to meet you # | #就想见到你# |
[24:20] | # Oh, yeah. # | #哦 耶# |
[24:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:30] | Ooh! Oops. | 哦 哎呦 |
[24:32] | “Oops?” Sorry. | 哎呦 对不起啦 |
[24:34] | Oh, I missed. | 哦 我失手了 |
[24:36] | You– you missed? | 你失手了? |
[24:38] | Eh, let me just try again. | 呃 让我再试一次好吗 |
[24:40] | Yeah? Mm-hmm. | 再来一次? 嗯 |
[24:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:47] | Damn it. Jesus. Sorry. | 该死 上帝 对不起 |
[24:49] | Oh, damn | 哦 该死 |
[24:51] | You know, seriously, | 你知道 真的 |
[24:53] | do you want to go practice and come back? | 你要不要去练习练习再回来? |
[24:55] | Maybe warm up on, like, an orange? What’s the story? | 用橘子热热身什么的? 你觉得如何? |
[24:58] | You know, at this point, | 你知道 |
[24:59] | I’m just like, “A razor blade and a coffee cup, | 我现在感觉真是 |
[25:01] | I’ll do it myself.” You know what I mean? | 生不如死 明白我的意思吗? |
[25:03] | One more time. | 再一次 |
[25:05] | It’s just– this is the one. | 成败在此一举了 |
[25:06] | Yeah? Mm-hmm. | 是吗? 嗯 |
[25:09] | Okay, just relax. Okay? | 好吧 放松点 好吗? |
[25:11] | I feel it. | 我来感觉了 |
[25:13] | Okay. | 好 |
[25:17] | Ah, got it. Got it? | 啊 成了 成了? |
[25:19] | Mm-hmm. Good. | 嗯 很好 |
[25:23] | Ouch! How many times did she hit you? | 喔 她这是给了你多少针啊? |
[25:25] | Uh, three or four. I actually kinda lost track. | 呃 三还是四针 我记不清了 |
[25:28] | Three or four, huh? She’s getting better. | 三四针?有进步了 |
[25:30] | She got some practice. | 有练习对象 |
[25:32] | Let me just run through a couple of standard Q and A. | 我们先来回答几个问题 |
[25:35] | You sleeping okay? I could use a little more, yeah. | 你睡得好吗? 还不错吧 |
[25:38] | Diet good? | 吃的好吗? |
[25:40] | I eat, yeah. | 还吃东西 嗯 |
[25:42] | Exercise? | 做运动吗? |
[25:44] | Uh, you know, here and there. | 呃 你知道 走来走去的 |
[25:45] | So no? | 那就是没有了? |
[25:47] | Well… Other than that, Mr. Poole, | 呃 除了这点 普尔先生 |
[25:48] | you’re doing fine. | 你还不错 |
[25:50] | I’d probably try a little more exercise. | 最好多做点运动 |
[25:52] | Maybe some yoga? Or Pilates? | 瑜伽或者普拉提之类的 |
[25:55] | I’ll call you in a few days | 血液和尿液检查结果出来 |
[25:57] | when your blood and urine come back. | 我会通知你复诊 |
[26:18] | I can help you over here. | 我来帮你吧 |
[26:35] | Hope you’re not using that as a mixer. | 希望你可别把这当饮料喝了 |
[26:37] | Huh? ‘Cause you’re not getting vodka. | 啊? 因为你没买伏特加 |
[26:41] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 对 |
[26:44] | Did you know that in 1985, | 你知道在1985年 |
[26:46] | Gorbachev, right after he became | 戈尔巴乔夫在当选 |
[26:48] | the party’s general secretary, | 秘书长的时候 |
[26:49] | tried to eradicate vodka in Russia? | 曾想在俄罗斯戒掉伏特加 |
[26:51] | The people wouldn’t have it, though. | 人们总学不乖 |
[26:53] | Isn’t that weird? I mean… | 挺奇怪的吧?我是说 |
[26:55] | something like 30,000 Russians die a year | 每年都有大约3万俄罗斯人 |
[26:58] | from alcohol poisoning, but the people, | 死于酒精中毒 但人们 |
[27:00] | they want what they want. | 依然我行我素 |
[27:02] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[27:18] | What’s wrong with you? | 你怎么了? |
[27:20] | Hmm? | 嗯? |
[27:22] | Well, I don’t mean to be rude. | 我不想这么冒昧的 |
[27:24] | It’s just that… | 只是 |
[27:25] | something is clearly wrong with you. | 你肯定不太对劲 |
[27:27] | I don’t know if you’re sad or angry or both, | 我不知道是愤怒 悲伤还是两者都有 |
[27:29] | but you’re not normal. | 但你肯定有问题 |
[27:31] | I thought maybe you might want to talk about it. | 我想也许你愿意谈谈 |
[27:35] | You want me to tell you why I’m sad and angry | 你想在收银的时候 |
[27:40] | while you’re ringing up my bottles of bleach? | 让我告诉你为何我会悲伤愤怒? |
[27:42] | So it is both–sad and angry. | 那么是两者都有了 悲伤 愤怒 |
[27:44] | I didn’t say that. Yes, you did. | 我没这么说 你说了 |
[27:46] | No, I didn’t. Yes, you did. | 不 我没有 你说了 |
[27:48] | I was indulging you. | 我是在顺着你 |
[27:49] | Okay? I was being polite. | 知道吗?表现绅士风度而已 |
[27:51] | Okay, indulge me some more. | 好啊 那再顺着我点吧 |
[27:55] | Tell me what’s wrong. | 告诉我你怎么了 |
[27:56] | Why don’t you just ring my stuff up, | 你快点刷完我的东西 |
[27:58] | all right? Jesus. | 好吗? 天哪 |
[28:01] | I mean, I appreciate your concern, | 我是说 感谢你的关心 |
[28:02] | but I’d just like to get out of here. | 但我想尽快离开这 |
[28:04] | All right? Okay. | 好吗? 好吧 |
[28:09] | I’m sorry I asked. | 很抱歉冒昧问你问题 |
[28:11] | Don’t be. | 没关系 |
[28:21] | It’s okay to be sad, you know. | 悲伤是被容许的 你知道 |
[28:23] | I mean, I’ve been really sad before. | 我是说 我以前也很悲伤过 |
[28:27] | Sometimes… | 有时候 |
[28:29] | you have to be sad to remind yourself that you’re alive. | 你得靠悲伤来提醒自己还活着 |
[28:34] | Better than feeling nothing, right? | 总比没有感觉好 对吧? |
[28:52] | It’s not coming off, huh? | 还没下去 哈? |
[28:54] | No. | 是啊 |
[28:56] | No, it isn’t. | 还没下去 |
[28:58] | I, uh, think I might have even made it worse. | 我 呃 觉得自己搞得更糟了 |
[29:02] | You, uh, you got any suggestions? | 你 呃 有什么建议吗? |
[29:06] | Um, no. | 没有 |
[29:09] | But if it’s what Esperanza says it is, | 但如果就像艾丝帕兰说的 |
[29:11] | then I guess it’s gonna take a little bit | 我看还是 |
[29:13] | more than a bottle of bleach. | 让它留着吧 |
[29:15] | Yeah, well, Esperanza’s wrong. | 嗯 艾丝帕兰是错的 |
[29:18] | So you aren’t in so much doubt. | 那么你一点都不信了 |
[29:22] | You really think that’s the face of Christ? | 你真认为那是上帝的圣颜? |
[29:26] | Actually, | 实际上 |
[29:28] | from this angle, it looks a little bit like you. | 从这个角度看 跟你有点像 |
[29:31] | I mean, an abstract version. | 我是说 从抽象的角度看 |
[29:35] | I guess. | 我想是 |
[29:37] | It’s just a stain. | 只是块污渍而已 |
[29:39] | It’s a bad stain. | 糟透的污渍 |
[29:41] | Well, if you can’t get it off, | 如果你不能容忍的话 |
[29:43] | I guess it’ll be something to remember you by. | 这肯定对你来说也是个负担 |
[29:45] | What? | 什么? |
[29:46] | Well, you’re not gonna live here that long, right? | 你不会在这久住 对吧? |
[29:51] | Esperanza, she’s like the local newspaper around here. | 艾丝帕兰 她就像是当地的八卦小报 |
[29:55] | I think she cornered the real estate agent | 我估计她肯定威胁了地产商 |
[29:58] | and so we got the lowdown on you. | 所以我们得到了你的一手消息 |
[30:01] | Oh. Yeah. | 哦 是哦 |
[30:03] | So– so what are you doing? | 那么 你要怎么做? |
[30:05] | Buying it, selling it and making a profit? | 买下来 卖了还是靠它挣钱? |
[30:07] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[30:11] | Yeah, something like that. | 差不多吧 |
[30:13] | Well, don’t sell it to any weirdoes, okay? | 别卖给奇怪的人 好吗? |
[30:16] | No. | 好 |
[30:18] | I won’t. | 我不会的 |
[30:21] | Okay, well, good luck with the face. | 好了 祝你早日洗掉墙上的脸了 |
[30:24] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[30:25] | Or whatever it is. | 或者其他什么 |
[31:11] | Listen to me. The man is clearly an atheist. | 听我说 这人肯定是无神论者 |
[31:15] | And he’s not very nice. | 而且很不友善 |
[31:17] | The two go hand in hand. | 要配合好 |
[31:20] | Well, those without faith | 没有信仰的人 |
[31:23] | sometimes need a little help. | 有时也会需要帮助的 |
[31:25] | That’s it. | 就是它了 |
[31:33] | Now what are you doing? | 你现在在干什么? |
[31:35] | Your lawn is so sloopy. Sloopy? | 你的草坪太乱了 太乱了? |
[31:39] | Yeah. Look, this is ridiculous. | 是啊 听着 这太可笑了 |
[31:41] | Okay, people just don’t go around | 人们不会无故 |
[31:42] | helping one another for no reason, | 帮助别人的 |
[31:44] | so just tell me what it is you’re doing. | 所以告诉我你在干什么 |
[31:47] | What do you want? I don’t want anything. | 告诉我你想要什么? 我什么也不要 |
[31:49] | Just tell him. Just ask him. | 告诉他 问问他 |
[31:51] | Ask me what? | 问我什么? |
[31:54] | She wants to bring the church in | 她想让教会过来 |
[31:56] | to test the face in your backyard, | 试验一下你后院的脸 |
[31:58] | to see if it’s a miracle. | 是不是奇迹 |
[31:59] | You’ve got to be kidding me. | 搞笑吧你 |
[32:01] | Nope. She’s crafty like that. | 没有 她一向这么有创意 |
[32:03] | Aren’t you? Yeah. | 对吧? 好了 |
[32:05] | I didn’t catch your name, but anyways… | 我不记得你叫什么 但是 |
[32:11] | Listen to me, okay? | 听我说好吗? |
[32:13] | You can build me a goddamn gazebo back there | 你可以在我后院建个什么露台 |
[32:16] | and I still wouldn’t let you and your crazy church friends | 但我仍不会让你和你那些教会的疯子朋友 |
[32:19] | into my house. All right? | 进我家 知道吗? |
[32:21] | So that face, whatever you happen to think it is, | 那张脸 无论你认为是什么 |
[32:25] | is a stain. | 只是块污渍 |
[32:27] | It’s not a miracle. | 不是什么神迹 |
[32:29] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[32:31] | How can you say that? | 你怎么能这么说? |
[32:33] | Look, I really don’t want to talk about it, | 听着 我不是来讨论这个的 |
[32:36] | so I just came out here to give you that. | 我出来是给你这个 |
[32:37] | I just found it, so… | 我刚找到的 所以 |
[32:42] | Oh my God. | 哦 上帝呀 |
[32:44] | Why did you have to go and do that? | 你为什么要这么做? |
[32:46] | Um, why are you crying?I just– I’m sorry. | 呃 你为什么哭了? 我只是 对不起 |
[32:49] | I just found that. | 我刚刚找到的 |
[32:51] | That’s Leo. | 那是里奥 |
[32:53] | He was her boyfriend before he died. | 他活着的时候 是她男朋友 |
[32:56] | He lived in your house. | 曾经住在你的房子里 |
[32:58] | He was such a good man. | 他是那么好的人 |
[33:00] | Well, look, there’s a cigar box full of them under the sink, | 听着 水槽下有个雪茄盒里面都是照片 |
[33:03] | so you can come by and get ’em when you want ’em. | 所以 你想要的时候 可以过来拿走 |
[33:14] | He was so handsome. | 他那么英俊 |
[33:18] | I– I never thought I’d find someone like him. | 我 我从未想过会遇到像他一样的人 |
[33:23] | I– I was ready to– | 我本打算 |
[33:25] | to just be old alone. | 孤独终老的 |
[33:28] | I never married. | 我从未结婚过 |
[33:32] | Never found anyone. | 从未找到白马王子 |
[33:35] | Then one day, | 突然有一天 |
[33:38] | three years ago or so, | 大约三年前 |
[33:43] | Leo came here. | 里奥来到这 |
[33:48] | And that was it. | 电光火石之间 |
[33:50] | Years of being alone | 多年积累的孤独 |
[33:53] | and one minute… | 刹那间 |
[33:58] | manages to take it all away. | 不见了 |
[34:03] | A lifetime of sadness and… | 一生的悲哀 |
[34:06] | suddenly | 突然间 |
[34:09] | I couldn’t even remember | 我都不记得 |
[34:12] | what it was like to be sad. | 悲伤的感觉了 |
[34:23] | And then he died. | 接着 他死了 |
[34:29] | And I remember. | 我记得 |
[34:34] | And… | 还有 |
[34:39] | I pray to God | 我向上帝祈祷 |
[34:41] | to help me stop | 不要让我 |
[34:43] | feeling that pain | 感觉到痛苦 |
[34:47] | and let me know | 让我知道 |
[34:49] | that he was okay. | 他没事 |
[34:55] | And now… | 现在 |
[35:00] | the face appears– | 墙上出现了脸 |
[35:04] | the face of God. | 上帝的圣颜 |
[35:16] | Look, | 听着 |
[35:17] | Esperanza… | 艾丝帕兰 |
[35:22] | I want you to be very honest with me. | 我要你跟我坦诚以对 |
[35:25] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[35:28] | You really think that that stain out there | 你真的认为墙上的污渍 |
[35:32] | is the answer to all your prayers? | 是上帝给你的答案吗? |
[35:35] | Do you? | 是吗? |
[35:44] | So what exactly is it that you want the church to do? | 那么你要教堂干什么? |
[35:48] | Just come and test the wall. | 就是来测试墙 |
[35:51] | Test the blood. | 试验血迹 |
[35:53] | And to see what it is. | 看看到底是什么 |
[35:56] | And if it’s nothing, then it’s nothing | 如果什么都不是 也就罢了 |
[36:00] | and I won’t bother you again. | 我不会再烦你了 |
[36:03] | I promise, really. | 我保证 真的 |
[36:08] | Um… | 呃 |
[36:13] | All right. | 好吧 |
[36:15] | Just one day.That’s it. | 就一天 仅此而已 |
[36:18] | I mean it.One day. | 我说真的 就一天 |
[36:21] | Thank you, Mr. Poole. | 谢谢 普尔先生 |
[36:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:24] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[36:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:27] | You’ll see. You’ll see. | 你会看到的 你会看到的 |
[36:31] | Everything happens for a reason. | 事出皆有因 |
[36:44] | Esperanza, llevelo al dentro. | 艾丝帕兰 把它放进去 |
[36:48] | Gracias. Who’s that guy? | 谢谢 那人是谁? |
[36:50] | He has to open up the wall and look at what’s behind the stain | 他要把墙凿开看看污渍后面是什么 |
[36:54] | to be sure it’s not man-made. | 以确保不是人为的 |
[36:56] | We’ll repair it. It’ll look as good as new. Don’t worry. | 我们会修好的 看着跟新的一样 别担心 |
[36:58] | No, don’t repair it. It’s okay. | 不 不用修 没关系 |
[37:01] | Don’t be silly, Mr. Poole. | 别傻了 普尔先生 |
[37:02] | We’re not gonna leave a hole in the wall. | 我们不会在墙上留个洞的 |
[37:04] | Doesn’t matter. | 无所谓的 |
[37:06] | I’m not gonna be here that long. | 我也不会呆太久 |
[37:20] | You know, Father Salizar, the house was re-stuccoed | 你知道 塞勒扎神父 我搬进来之前 |
[37:23] | before I moved in, so that’s it. | 这里曾经粉刷过 所以就这么简单 |
[37:26] | There’s really not a lot to talk about. | 没什么奥妙 |
[37:31] | Maybe not about the house. | 也许不是房子的问题 |
[37:33] | Why did you say you were not gonna be here that long? | 你为什么总说不会呆太久? |
[37:39] | I don’t really want to talk about it. | 我不想谈这个 |
[37:41] | Oh, yeah, you do. | 哦 你想谈的 |
[37:42] | Oh, I do? | 哦 我想谈? |
[37:44] | Otherwise you wouldn’t have mentioned it. | 否则你不会提起的 |
[37:46] | Let me ask you a question. | 我问你个问题 |
[37:53] | What makes you think you know me that well? | 你根据什么认为自己了解我? |
[37:56] | I don’t think that. | 我不这么认为 |
[37:58] | I just think anybody with two eyes | 我只是认为有眼睛的人 |
[37:59] | could see that something is wrong, | 都能看出其中有问题 |
[38:01] | like you’re– Sad and angry? | 就像你 悲伤愤怒? |
[38:05] | Yeah. | 对 |
[38:07] | Something like that. | 差不多 |
[38:09] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[38:10] | I’m a good listener. | 我是个很好的倾听者 |
[38:13] | Yeah? Me too. | 是吗?我也是 |
[38:43] | I just think anybody with two eyes | 我只是认为有眼睛的人 |
[38:45] | could see that something is wrong. | 都能看出其中有问题 |
[38:46] | Like you’re– Sad and angry? | 就像你 悲伤愤怒? |
[38:52] | Yeah. | 对 |
[38:54] | Something like that. | 差不多 |
[39:02] | I just think anybody with two eyes | 我只是认为有眼睛的人 |
[39:03] | could see that something is wrong, | 都能看出其中有问题 |
[39:05] | Like you’re– Sad and angry? | 就像你 悲伤愤怒? |
[39:11] | Yeah. | 对 |
[39:12] | Something like that. | 差不多 |
[39:32] | What are you doing in there? | 你在那干什么? |
[40:05] | Wow. | 喔 |
[40:06] | You really like this place. | 你真的很喜欢这地方 |
[40:25] | You don’t talk, do you, Millie? | 你不说话是吗 米莉? |
[40:31] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[40:32] | Sometimes I don’t like to talk either. | 有时候我也不喜欢说话 |
[40:37] | You know? | 知道吗? |
[40:46] | I ought to go. | 我该走了 |
[40:49] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[40:51] | I’d love to sit here and visit with you, but I just can’t. | 我很喜欢坐在这陪你 但我不能 |
[40:57] | I got a pretty long journey ahead of me. | 我还有一段很长的旅程 |
[41:02] | I wish I could stay and talk with you. | 真希望能留下来跟你谈谈 |
[41:05] | I just don’t have the time. | 但我没有时间了 |
[41:40] | Mr. Poole? Uh… | 普尔先生 呃 |
[41:41] | I– I’m sorry. I rang the bell, but– | 我 很抱歉 我按了门铃 但是 |
[41:44] | Well, I have something for you. | 我有东西给你 |
[41:59] | How’d you know this was the one? | 你怎么知道就是这个? |
[42:01] | I know everything about this neighborhood. | 我知道邻居的所有事 |
[42:04] | You should know that by now. | 你应该已经很了解了 |
[42:22] | This used to be my room. | 这曾经是我的房间 |
[42:26] | Mr. Poole, are you okay? | 普尔先生 你没事吧? |
[42:28] | This used to be my room. | 这曾经是我的房间 |
[42:33] | This is the last place I remember being happy. | 这是我记得的最后一个快乐的地方 |
[42:39] | Even then I can barely remember. | 虽然已经记不太清了 |
[42:58] | This is the room where they used to scream at each other. | 在这里 他们曾经向彼此尖叫 |
[43:02] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[43:15] | It’s a strange thing about standing here again. | 再次站在这里感觉真奇怪 |
[43:20] | It’s doing absolutely nothing for me, you know? | 已经完全与我无关了 知道吗? |
[43:28] | Mr. Poole, | 普尔先生 |
[43:30] | I’m sorry it wasn’t what you hoped. | 很抱歉结果不是你想要的 |
[43:33] | Don’t be. | 没关系 |
[43:35] | It never is. | 那里从来就不曾属于我 |
[43:36] | But thank you. | 但谢谢你 |
[43:38] | This was very generous. | 你真是好人 |
[43:40] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[43:43] | What did you expect? | 你想要的是什么呢 |
[43:45] | You can’t go to the past to fix the present. | 你无法回到过去修补现在的遗憾 |
[43:51] | You sound like a fortune cookie. | 你的语气真像幸运饼干 |
[43:55] | Cookies don’t talk. | 饼干可不会说话 |
[43:57] | Now– | 现在 |
[43:59] | at least now you know. | 至少你知道了 |
[44:02] | Know what? | 知道什么? |
[44:05] | To come back to the place you grew up. | 回到自己长大的地方 |
[44:09] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[44:11] | Now I know. | 现在我知道了 |
[44:14] | It’s like nothing. | 已经无关紧要了 |
[44:17] | You find out there’s nowhere to hide. | 明白了无处藏身 |
[44:22] | # Shadows are falling # | #阴影在褪去# |
[44:26] | # And I been here all day # | #我站在这一整天# |
[44:32] | # It’s too hot to sleep # | #空气热的人昏昏欲睡# |
[44:35] | # And time is running away # | #时光飞逝# |
[44:42] | # I feel like my soul has # | #我感觉自己的灵魂# |
[44:44] | # Turned into steel # | #仿佛变得坚不可摧# |
[44:50] | # I’ve still got the scars # | #我依然满身伤痕# |
[44:53] | # That the sun didn’t heal # | #无法愈合# |
[45:01] | # There’s not even room enough # | #没有足够# |
[45:04] | # To be anywhere # | #属于我的空间# |
[45:10] | # It’s not dark yet # | #天还没有黑# |
[45:13] | # But it’s gettin’ there. # | #但黑暗已然降临# |
[45:41] | Millie? | 米莉? |
[45:45] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[45:49] | Come out, honey. It’s too late to be playing games. | 出来 亲爱的 太晚了 别玩了 |
[45:59] | Where are you, Millie? | 你在哪 米莉? |
[46:03] | Where are you, Millie? | 你在哪 米莉? |
[46:10] | Millie? | 米莉? |
[46:22] | Millie? | 米莉? |
[46:47] | Millie? | 米莉? |
[46:48] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[46:55] | Honey? | 亲爱的? |
[47:03] | Hey, Millie. | 嘿 米莉? |
[47:13] | Millie. | 米莉 |
[47:16] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[47:20] | What is it? | 怎么了? |
[47:25] | Hey, what did you say? | 嘿 你刚说什么? |
[47:28] | What? | 什么? |
[47:31] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[47:37] | What did you say? | 你刚说什么? |
[47:42] | Mama. | 妈妈 |
[47:45] | Mommy?Can you hear me? | 妈妈 能听到我吗? |
[47:49] | We’re okay. | 我们很好 |
[47:51] | I love you so so much. | 我很爱你 |
[47:56] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[48:00] | I’m so sorry, baby. | 对不起 宝贝儿 |
[48:02] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[48:05] | Mommy’s here. | 妈妈在这 |
[48:07] | Mommy’s right here. | 妈妈在这呢 |
[48:11] | Come on.Let’s go. | 来吧 我们走 |
[48:13] | Hey, let’s go home. | 嘿 我们回家了 |
[48:44] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[48:51] | What happened out there? | 发生什么事了? |
[48:56] | You tell me. | 你说呢 |
[49:00] | She hasn’t said a word in over a year, | 自从她爸爸去世 |
[49:03] | ever since her father left. | 她已经一年多没说过话了 |
[49:05] | I mean, she loved him so much. | 我是说 她很爱她爸爸 |
[49:09] | And it’s just been… | 这对她来说 |
[49:12] | so unfair for her. | 太不公平了 |
[49:14] | I mean, l– I couldn’t even get her out of bed | 我是说 一开始 |
[49:17] | when this whole thing started. | 我都无法让她起床 |
[49:20] | She just kind of turned inside herself | 她像是封闭了自己 |
[49:24] | and couldn’t find her way out. | 找不到出路 |
[49:27] | I took to every kind of doctor– therapists, | 我带她看了所有医生 心理医生 |
[49:30] | psychologists, | 心理学家 |
[49:32] | psychiatrists, and pretty much everyone– nothing. | 精神病专家 都没有效果 |
[49:37] | They’d just run down the list– depression, post-traumatic | 他们只是写下病历 忧郁症 创伤后遗症 |
[49:41] | whatever– | 之类的 |
[49:43] | abandonment. | 放弃了治疗 |
[49:46] | And after a while, she got a little better, | 不久之后 她好了点 |
[49:49] | but she just wouldn’t talk. | 但还是不说话 |
[49:52] | Maybe she just didn’t have anything to say. | 也许她只是没什么可说的 |
[49:55] | Maybe she wasn’t ready until now. | 也许她只是没准备好 知道今天 |
[49:57] | Maybe. But she touched that wall and she– | 也许 但她碰了那面墙 她 |
[50:01] | You think she spoke because she touched the wall? | 你认为她说话是因为碰了墙? |
[50:04] | No, I’m not saying that, but that’s what happened. | 我不是那个意思 但事实就是这样 |
[50:06] | I mean, she touched it and she talked. | 我是说 她碰了墙 然后就说话了 |
[50:10] | And I’m just praying that it stays that way. | 我只希望能一直这样 |
[50:13] | Dawn, I think it’s great that Millie spoke. | 道恩 米莉说话了 我也很高兴 |
[50:18] | But I think you should realize | 但你要知道 |
[50:20] | it was a completely random event. | 这只是碰巧发生的 |
[50:23] | Things just– they don’t happen like that in real life. | 这种事 现实中是不可能的 |
[50:26] | I mean, if they did, then I wouldn’t– | 我是说 如果真是这样 我就不会 |
[50:30] | You wouldn’t what? | 你不会怎样? |
[50:35] | Ever feel like things just happen for no reason? | 有没有感到过命运毫无章法可言? |
[50:41] | That you’re just kind of going along for the ride | 你只能顺其自然 |
[50:44] | and there’s just nothing you can do? | 但却无法可施? |
[50:54] | I need to tell you something. | 我要告诉你一些事 |
[50:57] | What? | 是什么? |
[50:59] | I want to tell you so that I’m not the only one that knows. | 我要告诉你 我不是唯一知道的 |
[51:03] | Henry, this is so unheard of here in the States. | 亨利 这情况完全没料到 |
[51:06] | I mean, it happens. | 我是说 就这么发生了 |
[51:09] | But this disease– Disease? | 但这病 病? |
[51:16] | It steamrolls through the system. | 病发如此迅速 |
[51:22] | Stopping it at this point… | 到了现在 |
[51:28] | You’re saying I’m gonna die. | 你是说我要死了 |
[51:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[52:57] | Mr. Poole. Mr. Poole, | 普尔先生 普尔先生 |
[52:59] | are you okay? Mr. Poole? | 你没事吧?普尔先生? |
[53:01] | Sorry. The door was open. | 对不起 门开着呢 |
[53:05] | That doesn’t mean you can just walk through it. | 那也不代表你可以这么进来 |
[53:08] | I need to talk to you. | 我要跟你谈谈 |
[53:10] | No. No, you don’t, actually, | 不 不 不用了 真的 |
[53:13] | ’cause I know exactly what you’re gonna say. | 因为我知道你要说什么 |
[53:16] | No, you don’t exactly. | 不 你不知道 |
[53:19] | So I guess you heard what happened last night. | 我想你知道昨晚的事了 |
[53:25] | Now you think that little girl spoke | 那么你认为小姑娘说话 |
[53:27] | because she touched the wall? | 是因为碰了墙吗? |
[53:29] | And now we’re all supposed to believe | 现在我们都该相信 |
[53:31] | that the Second Coming’s happening | 基督再临了 |
[53:33] | in my backyard. | 还在我后院里 |
[53:35] | And the next thing you know, this whole goddamn street– | 然后就是 整条破街 |
[53:37] | sorry– turns into a carnival with every holy-roller freak | 抱歉 都变成狂欢节 |
[53:41] | within a 100-mile radius lined up around the block | 方圆100里的人都排队 |
[53:44] | to touch or catch a glimpse of my stucco job. | 来触摸我掉了漆的墙 |
[53:48] | Well, it’s not gonna happen. | 不可能 |
[53:51] | And in no way did Millie finally speaking | 米莉开口说话 |
[53:54] | have anything to do with her touching the wall, | 不可能跟碰了墙有关 |
[53:56] | and you know that. | 你知道的 |
[53:58] | And God only knows– | 只有上帝知道 |
[53:59] | and I use the phrase very loosely, believe me– | 我用了非常散漫的词 相信我 |
[54:02] | who knows what it was that caused her | 谁知道是什么驱使她 |
[54:04] | to get up at 3:00 in the morning | 凌晨三点爬起床 |
[54:05] | and wander over here and start palming the wall | 走到墙边去摸墙 |
[54:08] | Iike her life depended on it? | 仿佛她的人生靠此一举了? |
[54:10] | It was me. What was you? | 是我 什么是你? |
[54:12] | I told her the wall would take away her suffering | 是我告诉她墙能带走她的痛苦 |
[54:15] | if– if she just had faith. | 只要她坚信着 |
[54:17] | Why would you do that? | 你为何要这么做? |
[54:19] | It worked, no? No. | 管用了 不是吗? 不是 |
[54:21] | She worked. Maybe your insane pep talk got to her, | 是她自己 也许你的话激励了她 |
[54:24] | but she got here on her own. | 但她靠的是自己 |
[54:25] | Why it’s so hard for you to believe | 你为什么就不能相信 |
[54:28] | that something like this could happen? | 这种事情呢? |
[54:31] | Why is it so important to you that I believe | 我是否相信这种事 |
[54:33] | that something like that could happen? | 对你为何这么重要呢? |
[54:35] | Because it– Because I’ll tell you. | 因为 因为我告诉你 |
[54:37] | Because if you can convince me, then suddenly your beliefs | 因为如果你说服了我 你的信仰 |
[54:40] | become more real. Right? | 就会变得更真实 对吗? |
[54:42] | The more people you can get to | 就会有更多人相信 |
[54:44] | jump on your God’s-on-the-wall train, | 你那套神迹的鬼话 |
[54:46] | the more your mission’s made. So until you get me | 你的任务就能更好的完成 所以你 |
[54:48] | to swallow your world and believe what you believe, | 让我相信你的话 相信你所相信的 |
[54:51] | you’ll never have the kind of faith you want to have. | 你就不会怀疑自己的信仰 |
[54:53] | You’ll always have a little bit of doubt. | 你总是有所怀疑 |
[54:56] | You’ll– you’ll never know if you’re quite right. | 你根本不知道自己是否正确 |
[54:59] | You’ll always kind of be wondering if it’s real. | 总是在怀疑是否真实 |
[55:01] | You’ll always be sitting over there waiting for that man | 你只是坐在那 |
[55:04] | to come waltzing back in from the dead. | 等着你的男人死而复活与你共舞 |
[55:08] | And that’s sad. | 真是悲哀 |
[55:11] | That’s really sad. | 太悲哀了 |
[55:13] | I’m just trying to help. | 我只是想帮忙 |
[55:17] | Just like that. | 仅此而已 |
[55:19] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[55:28] | Esp– | 艾丝 |
[55:31] | Esperanza? | 艾丝帕兰 |
[56:07] | Hey. Hey. | 嘿 嘿 |
[56:10] | How you doin’? | 你好吗? |
[56:13] | I’m good. | 很好 |
[56:15] | Just getting some air. | 只是来呼吸点新鲜空气 |
[56:17] | I just wanted to thank you | 我想谢谢你 |
[56:19] | for helping me with Millie last night. | 昨晚帮了我和米莉 |
[56:22] | So… | 所以 |
[56:24] | I made you some cookies. | 我给你做了点饼干 |
[56:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[56:28] | It was Millie’s idea. | 这是米莉的主意 |
[56:33] | How is she doing? She’s really good. | 她还好吗? 非常好 |
[56:35] | I’m just praying that it stays that way. | 我只希望能一直持续下去 |
[56:43] | You wanna go for a walk? | 想走走吗? |
[56:45] | Yeah. | 好 |
[56:52] | Mmm, just came out of the oven, like, 10 minutes ago. | 刚出炉的 大约10分钟吧 |
[56:56] | # Her fingers touch upon my lips # | #她的手指抚过我的唇# |
[57:00] | # It’s a morning yearning # | #令人怀念的清晨# |
[57:04] | # It’s a morning yearning # | #令人怀念的清晨# |
[57:08] | # Pullthe curtains shut # | #窗帘拉上# |
[57:11] | # And try to keep it dark # | #想要留住黑暗# |
[57:14] | # But the sun is burning # | #但太阳已经在照耀# |
[57:18] | #The sun is burning # | #太阳在照耀# |
[57:34] | # Baby crying kept us up all night # | #孩子的哭声让我一夜未眠# |
[57:39] | # With her morning yearning # | #陪着她的清晨# |
[57:43] | # With her morning yearning # | #陪着她的清晨# |
[57:52] | # Morning yearning… # | #令人怀念的清晨# |
[57:56] | I just wish I could tell you | 我希望自己能跟你说 |
[57:57] | that everything was gonna be all right. | 一切都会好的 |
[57:59] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[58:14] | Now what? | 然后呢? |
[58:21] | Now I go home. | 然后我要回家了 |
[58:23] | And then… | 然后 |
[58:25] | I wish I didn’t. | 希望能不回去 |
[58:38] | # Like a summer rose # | #像是夏日的玫瑰# |
[58:40] | # I’m a victim of the fall # | #我是秋天的受害者# |
[58:43] | # But am soon returning # | #但我很快会回来# |
[58:48] | # Soon returning # | #很快回来# |
[58:51] | # Your love’s the warmest place the sun ever shines # | #你的爱是最温暖的地方# |
[58:56] | # My morning yearning # | #我的清晨# |
[59:00] | # My morning yearning # | #我的清晨# |
[59:18] | My God. | 我的天哪 |
[59:21] | Dear God. | 天哪 |
[59:42] | Oh my God. | 哦 天哪 |
[59:48] | Patience. | 佩兴斯 |
[59:51] | What are you doing?What’s going on? | 你在干什么?发生什么事了? |
[59:57] | Are you– are you okay? | 你 你没事吧? |
[59:59] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[1:00:00] | What’s wrong? Nothing is wrong. | 怎么了? 没什么 |
[1:00:04] | Everything is right. | 什么事都没有 |
[1:00:06] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[1:00:08] | I touched the face. | 我碰了圣颜 |
[1:00:10] | I just put my hand on it. | 我把手放上去 |
[1:00:16] | And my whole body got all warm. | 然后整个身体都温暖起来 |
[1:00:19] | And then I closed my eyes. | 接着我闭上眼睛 |
[1:00:22] | I saw light everywhere. | 看到四处都是光芒 |
[1:00:26] | I opened them… | 睁开双眼 |
[1:00:35] | and I could see. | 我可以看清了 |
[1:00:49] | I can see. | 我能看清了 |
[1:00:57] | Look at that. | 看那个 |
[1:00:59] | I can see perfectly. | 我看的非常清楚 |
[1:01:04] | The house numbers, the license plate. | 门牌号 车牌号 |
[1:01:15] | You know, this is amazing. | 你知道 太不可思议了 |
[1:01:18] | This is a miracle– Don’t say that. | 这是奇迹 别这么说 |
[1:01:21] | What? Miracle? | 什么? 奇迹? |
[1:01:24] | Yeah. Come on, Mr. Poole, | 对 少来了 普尔先生 |
[1:01:27] | what else could this be? | 还能是什么? |
[1:01:29] | What?A coincidence? | 什么? 巧合? |
[1:01:32] | I mean, there are no miracles, Patience. | 我是说 世上没有奇迹 佩兴斯 |
[1:01:34] | I don’t believe in them. | 我不相信奇迹 |
[1:01:38] | Imagine that there was something wrong with you, | 你有些地方不对劲 |
[1:01:40] | Mr. Poole. | 普尔先生 |
[1:01:42] | And you did this seemingly meaningless thing, | 你看不到事情的本质 |
[1:01:45] | put your hand on a wall, | 把你的手放到墙上 |
[1:01:49] | and you were healed. | 你就会痊愈了 |
[1:01:58] | It’s okay, Mr. Poole. You don’t have to say anything. | 没关系 普尔先生 你什么都不必说 |
[1:02:01] | I gotta go. | 我要走了 |
[1:02:03] | I gotta go tell my mom. | 我要去告诉我妈妈 |
[1:02:07] | This is incredible! | 太难以置信了 |
[1:02:11] | Wow! | 喔 |
[1:02:15] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[1:02:16] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:02:22] | It’s getting harder, isn’t it? | 越来越难了 是吧? |
[1:02:25] | What’s that? | 什么? |
[1:02:27] | To pretend this isn’t happening. | 假装一切未发生过 |
[1:03:01] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[1:03:03] | Hi. You’re home. | 嗨 你在家呢 |
[1:03:05] | Yeah. Um… | 是啊 呃 |
[1:03:06] | Millie wants to know if you want to come over and play. | 米莉想邀请你到家里玩 |
[1:03:09] | Really? | 真的? |
[1:03:11] | Um, I just don’t think I’m up to it. | 呃 还是不了 |
[1:03:14] | Henry… I think I’ll just stay here. | 亨利 我想我还是呆在这里 |
[1:03:16] | …are you actually considering saying no | 你真的要 |
[1:03:18] | to a six-year-old girl | 拒绝一个亲自邀请你的 |
[1:03:20] | with actual words coming out of her little mouth? | 六岁小女孩吗? |
[1:03:25] | Give me a minute. | 稍等一会 |
[1:03:28] | We’ll be in the yard. | 院子里见 |
[1:03:39] | Millie? | 米莉 |
[1:03:43] | Dawn? | 道恩 |
[1:03:49] | I got you, Mr. Poole. | 我打到你了 普尔先生 |
[1:03:50] | Let’s get him! | 我们砸他 |
[1:03:53] | Get him, Mommy, get him! I got him! | 砸他 妈妈 我砸到了 |
[1:04:22] | Oh, gosh. | 哦 天哪 |
[1:04:24] | I surrender. You win. | 我投降 你们赢了 |
[1:04:26] | I surrender. | 我投降 |
[1:04:32] | # A million tears # | #无尽的眼泪# |
[1:04:34] | # A million codes # | #无数的暗示# |
[1:04:37] | # 1:15 # | |
[1:04:40] | # No way to go # | #无处可去# |
[1:04:42] | # You point your finger # | #你把手指# |
[1:04:44] | # To the moon # | #指向月亮# |
[1:04:47] | # It looks like rain # | #仿佛大雨# |
[1:04:50] | # Coming soon # | #就要降临# |
[1:04:52] | # I figured all # | #我克服了# |
[1:04:54] | # My worst fears # | #我最大的恐惧# |
[1:04:57] | # Believe in childlike heroes # | #相信孩子般的英雄们# |
[1:05:02] | # But I don’t want to go # | #但我不想# |
[1:05:04] | # That way # | #走向那里# |
[1:05:07] | # Surrender hope # | #放弃希望# |
[1:05:10] | # Again # | #又一次的# |
[1:05:12] | # I don’t want to go that way # | #我不想走向那里# |
[1:05:17] | # Surrender hope # | #放弃希望# |
[1:05:20] | # And faith # | #和信仰# |
[1:05:23] | # Again # | #又一次的# |
[1:05:33] | # Your blood, your fire # | #你的生命 你的热情# |
[1:05:36] | # Your kiss good night # | #你的晚安吻# |
[1:05:38] | # Your words, sometime # | #你的语言 有时# |
[1:05:41] | # They might be mine # | #仿佛是我的# |
[1:05:44] | # I feel this love could cross the sand # | #我感觉爱可以穿越沙漠# |
[1:05:48] | # I want to feel that way # | #我希望有如此感觉# |
[1:05:59] | # The fire might linger and fade away # | #热情也许会退却# |
[1:06:04] | # The shadows run from yesterday # | #昨日的阴影重现# |
[1:06:08] | # Like everyone # | #跟所有人一样# |
[1:06:11] | # And everything were memories # | #一切成了回忆# |
[1:06:16] | # And then appears # | #接着又出现# |
[1:06:18] | # Your blood, your fire # | #你的生命 你的热情# |
[1:06:21] | # Your kiss good night # | #你的晚安吻# |
[1:06:24] | # Your words, sometimes # | #你的言语 有时# |
[1:06:26] | # They might be mine # | #仿佛是我的# |
[1:06:29] | # I feel this love could cross the sand # | #我感觉爱可以穿越沙漠# |
[1:06:34] | # I want to feel that way # | #我希望有这种感觉# |
[1:06:38] | # Oh, don’t make me feel that way # | #哦 别让我难过# |
[1:06:43] | # Oh, I want to feel # | #哦 我想有# |
[1:06:45] | # That way # | #这种感觉# |
[1:06:50] | # Oh, I’m breaking through # | #哦 我突破# |
[1:06:53] | # These walls of steel # | #一切阻碍# |
[1:06:56] | # Pushing that wall for something real # | #想要找到真实# |
[1:07:00] | # I’m falling far and faster still # | #却坠的更远更快# |
[1:07:05] | # Wake up, wake up # | #醒来 醒来# |
[1:07:08] | # Wake up, wake up # | #醒来 醒来# |
[1:07:13] | # Wake up, wake up # | #醒来 醒来# |
[1:07:16] | # Everyone and everything # | #所有人和一切# |
[1:07:20] | # Everyone and everything # | #所有人和一切# |
[1:07:38] | All right? Yeah. | 好了? 嗯 |
[1:07:40] | You ready? | 准备好了吗? |
[1:07:42] | Okay, good. Hey! | 好 很好 嘿 |
[1:07:44] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:07:46] | Hi, Mr. Poole. | 嗨 普尔先生 |
[1:07:47] | Hey, there, Millie. | 嘿 你好啊 米莉 |
[1:07:49] | That’s a really nice dress. | 裙子真漂亮 |
[1:07:51] | You look really pretty. | 你看上去真漂亮 |
[1:07:54] | You look nervous, Mr. Poole. | 你好像很紧张啊 普尔先生 |
[1:07:56] | Oh, no, I’m– I’m fine. | 哦 不是 我很好 |
[1:07:59] | I, uh, no. | 我 呃 挺好的 |
[1:08:01] | I’m just a little tired, that’s all. | 我只是有点累的 就是这样 |
[1:08:04] | You kind of wore me out yesterday. | 你昨天把我累坏了 |
[1:08:06] | Um, honey, | 呃 亲爱的 |
[1:08:08] | do you want to get in the car? | 先上车好吗? |
[1:08:13] | I wanted to, uh, return your dish to you. | 我想 呃 把碟子还给你 |
[1:08:16] | Oh, thanks. | 哦 谢谢 |
[1:08:17] | They were really good. Thanks a lot. | 饼干很好吃 谢谢 |
[1:08:19] | Glad you liked them. | 很高兴你喜欢 |
[1:08:21] | Really shouldn’t eat so many at once, though. | 不过你不必一次吃完的 |
[1:08:23] | Not good for you. No, it doesn’t matter. | 对你不好 不 没关系 |
[1:08:26] | I mean, I’m– Uh– no, you’re right. | 我是说 呃 对 你说的对 |
[1:08:28] | I shouldn’t. | 我不该一次吃光 |
[1:08:30] | Well, listen, l– | 呃 听着 我 |
[1:08:33] | I was wondering and, I don’t know, | 我在想 我不知道 |
[1:08:35] | it might seem a little unfair | 也许有点不太公平 |
[1:08:36] | seeing as how you know my situation, | 你对我的情况了如指掌 |
[1:08:38] | but I thought that maybe, | 但我想 也许 |
[1:08:41] | if you were able to get a sitter and you had the time– | 如果你有时间 可以 |
[1:08:43] | Yes. Really? | 可以 真的? |
[1:08:44] | Oh. Oh, wait. | 哦 哦 等等 |
[1:08:46] | What? Can I ask you? | 怎么了? 我能邀请你吗? |
[1:08:48] | Well, you did just ask me, didn’t you? | 你刚刚邀请了不是吗? |
[1:08:51] | No, I mean, really ask you– | 不 我是说 真的 |
[1:08:53] | to finish asking you. | 完全的邀请你 |
[1:08:56] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:08:57] | Would you like to get dinner with me? | 你愿意跟我一起吃晚饭吗? |
[1:08:59] | I can’t.I’m busy. | 不行 我很忙的 |
[1:09:01] | I didn’t really want to any– No! | 我不是真的 不 |
[1:09:03] | Henry, I’m kidding. | 亨利 我开玩笑呢 |
[1:09:04] | I would love to. | 我很愿意 |
[1:09:06] | Great. What about tomorrow? | 很好 明天怎么样? |
[1:09:08] | It’s perfect. | 很好 |
[1:09:10] | And it’s not unfair for you to ask. | 让你邀请很公平 |
[1:09:13] | Would it be worse if you didn’t? | 如果我没同意是不是更糟? |
[1:09:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:09:19] | Okay, so… | 好吧 那么 |
[1:09:20] | Tomorrow. Yeah. | 明天 好 |
[1:09:24] | Have fun. | 玩的开心点 |
[1:09:50] | Just this once, okay? | 就这一次 好吗? |
[1:09:54] | Okay, I promise. | 好吧 我保证 |
[1:09:55] | Whatever you say, Mr. Poole. | 听你的 普尔先生 |
[1:09:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:10:01] | What’s wrong with her? | 她怎么了? |
[1:10:02] | Bursitis. | 粘液囊炎 |
[1:10:04] | And what about the one next to her? | 她旁边那个呢? |
[1:10:06] | There’s nothing wrong with her. | 她没事 |
[1:10:08] | So, preventative? | 提前预防? |
[1:10:10] | Just in case. | 以防万一呗 |
[1:10:13] | No, is it true that the man in the red shirt | 不是吧 那个穿红衬衣的人 |
[1:10:15] | just wants to be a better dancer? | 不是想当个好舞蹈家吧? |
[1:10:19] | Ay, Mr. Poole… | 普尔先生 |
[1:10:26] | Um, what about you, Mr. Poole? | 你呢 普尔先生? |
[1:10:29] | Have you touched the wall yet? | 你碰墙了吗? |
[1:10:34] | No. | 没有 |
[1:10:41] | But you will. | 但你会碰的 |
[1:10:56] | Hey, Henry. | 嘿 亨利 |
[1:10:57] | Hi. It’s good to see you. | 嗨 很高兴见到你 |
[1:11:00] | Funny. | 好笑 |
[1:11:01] | It’s good to see you too. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[1:11:03] | Oh, you–you forgot these. | 哦 你忘了这些 |
[1:11:05] | I wanted to return those to you. | 我想把这个还给你 |
[1:11:09] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:11:11] | Don’t really need them, though. | 虽然并不需要了 |
[1:11:13] | Well. I guess they’ll be a good souvenir | 哦 我想也算是个纪念品 |
[1:11:16] | of my previous life. Yeah. | 对我以前生活的纪念 是啊 |
[1:11:19] | So have you talked to your doctor yet, | 那么你跟医生谈过了吗 |
[1:11:22] | your eye doctor? Not yet. | 你的眼科医生? 还没有 |
[1:11:24] | 90 bucks for him to tell me I’m 20/20. | 要他告诉我视力完好要90美元呢 |
[1:11:27] | Yeah. I already know that. | 是啊 我已经知道结果了 |
[1:11:28] | But, I mean, you got to think about all the write-ups | 但是 我是说 你得想到 |
[1:11:31] | in the medical journals. Right? | 医学权威的文章 对吧? |
[1:11:33] | You’re still having a pretty hard time buying into this, | 你还是很难相信 |
[1:11:35] | aren’t you? You gotta admit that it’s– | 对吧? 你得承认 |
[1:11:37] | Do you know who Noam Chomsky is? | 你知道诺姆 乔姆斯基吗? |
[1:11:40] | The writer? Yeah. | 作家? 嗯 |
[1:11:42] | He’s a linguist too, but… | 他也是语言学家 但是 |
[1:11:44] | once in an interview, he said, | 有一次采访时他说 |
[1:11:46] | “When questions of decision, reason or choice of action arise, | 当问题 原因或者选择出现的时候 |
[1:11:50] | human science is at a loss.” | 说明了人类科学的无知 |
[1:11:54] | You actually believe that? | 你真相信? |
[1:11:56] | He meant that not everything needs an explanation. | 他的意思是并不是一切皆有原因的 |
[1:11:59] | Sometimes things just happen | 有时 事情就是那么发生了 |
[1:12:01] | because we choose for them to. | 因为是我们自己的选择 |
[1:12:04] | I chose to believe. | 我选择相信 |
[1:12:10] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:12:14] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:12:15] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[1:12:51] | Well, this is about the loveliest thing | 这是我见过的 |
[1:12:53] | that I’ve ever seen. | 最可爱的东西 |
[1:12:57] | I can’t wait to see what’s for dinner. | 真迫不及待想见到晚餐了 |
[1:13:01] | Pizza! | 批萨 |
[1:13:04] | Perfect. | 非常好 |
[1:13:08] | This is– this is very romantic, Henry. | 这 这真是浪漫 亨利 |
[1:13:12] | Thanks. Really. | 谢谢 真的 |
[1:13:14] | Plastic utensils. | 塑料餐具 |
[1:13:16] | Oh, yeah, family heirlooms. | 嗯 传家宝啊 |
[1:13:29] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问你件事吗? |
[1:13:31] | Sure. | 当然 |
[1:13:33] | The other night, you came home kinda late and… | 有天晚上 你回家很晚 |
[1:13:39] | You know what?It doesn’t matter. | 你知道吗? 算了 |
[1:13:41] | It’s fine. | 没事 |
[1:13:44] | You want to know where I was. | 你想知道我去哪了 |
[1:13:46] | Yes. | 对 |
[1:13:47] | I can’t tell you. | 我不能告诉你 |
[1:13:51] | No, l– | 不 我 |
[1:13:53] | I’d just gone for a walk. | 我只是出去走走 |
[1:13:55] | And it’s kind of funny | 有点好笑 |
[1:13:58] | ’cause I’d just left the house and started walking | 因为出门的时候 |
[1:14:02] | and l– I don’t even think I really knew where I was going | 我依然不知道自己想去哪 |
[1:14:06] | till I got there. | 直到到了那 |
[1:14:09] | Where did you go? | 你去了哪? |
[1:14:10] | The river. | 河边 |
[1:14:12] | I, uh– | 我 呃 |
[1:14:15] | My parents, they used to fight a lot. | 我的父母 他们原来经常吵架 |
[1:14:19] | So I would go down there | 于是我就到那里 |
[1:14:22] | and even though it was such a big place, | 那里很大 |
[1:14:25] | I always– I always just kind of felt very safe there. | 我觉得在那里会安全 |
[1:14:30] | I’d kind of go there and hide. | 我就会到那藏起来 |
[1:14:34] | And that’s why… | 所以 |
[1:14:35] | I came here. | 我来到这 |
[1:14:41] | So just like that, you disappeared. | 所以就像那样 你消失了 |
[1:14:48] | Since this thing happened to me, | 既然事情发生在我头上 |
[1:14:51] | every morning when I wake up, the first thing I think about | 每天早上醒来 第一件事 |
[1:14:55] | is– I mean, after I figure out | 我是说 就是想 |
[1:14:57] | if I’m still actually here or not– | 我是不是还在这 |
[1:15:01] | The first thing I think about is how much time | 能想到的第一件事就是 |
[1:15:04] | that I have left. | 我还能活多久 |
[1:15:06] | And all I can really do is kind of… | 我真正能做的 |
[1:15:08] | wait for the end. | 只是等待死亡来临 |
[1:15:13] | But this morning when I woke up… | 但今天早上我醒来 |
[1:15:17] | the first thing I thought about was you. | 我首先想到的 是你 |
[1:15:22] | And Millie. | 和米莉 |
[1:15:26] | I’m just trying to say that– | 我只是想说 |
[1:15:29] | that I’m enjoying this. | 我喜欢这样 |
[1:15:35] | I’m enjoying you and being around you. | 喜欢你 喜欢陪着你 |
[1:15:42] | And I just– | 我只是 |
[1:15:44] | it’s a surprise ’cause I didn’t ever think | 很吃惊 因为我 |
[1:15:46] | that I’d feel this way. | 从未有过这种感觉 |
[1:15:57] | Mommy? | 妈妈? |
[1:15:59] | Millie, what are you doing up? | 米莉 你要干什么? |
[1:16:01] | I can’t sleep. | 我睡不着 |
[1:16:04] | Where is Esperanza? | 艾丝帕兰在哪? |
[1:16:06] | On the couch, snoring. | 在沙发上打呼呢 |
[1:16:08] | Okay, let’s go inside. Um, do me a favor. | 好了 我们进去吧 帮我个忙 |
[1:16:13] | Keep enjoying this. | 继续喜欢这种感觉 |
[1:16:18] | All right, honey. Come on. | 好了亲爱的 来吧 |
[1:16:20] | Big sack of potatoes, huh? | 好大的马铃薯 哈? |
[1:16:22] | What are you doing up so late, Millie? | 你怎么这么晚 米莉? |
[1:16:25] | It’s a school night. | 要自习 |
[1:16:34] | Okay, you want Jasper? | 好吧 想要杰斯波吗? |
[1:16:36] | Here he is. | 他在这呢 |
[1:16:38] | ‘Night. | 晚安 |
[1:17:03] | Sorry about that. | 很抱歉 |
[1:17:05] | It’s like she doesn’t want to miss a thing now that– | 她好像是什么都想参于了 |
[1:17:13] | You know… | 你知道 |
[1:17:17] | I– I think maybe we should just call it a night | 我想 我们今晚就这样吧 |
[1:17:19] | because this isn’t– | 因为这不是 |
[1:17:22] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[1:17:24] | Sorry, this just isn’t right. | 对不起 这样不对 |
[1:17:26] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[1:17:28] | Just you, me and everything | 你 我和所有的 |
[1:17:31] | all at once. I just– I’m sorry. | 太突然了 对不起 |
[1:17:33] | Hey, how can you say that? | 嘿 你怎么能这么说? |
[1:17:39] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[1:17:44] | I know you’re gonna die, | 我知道你要死了 |
[1:17:52] | but all that either of us have | 但我们都还在 |
[1:17:55] | is right now, | 彼此面前 |
[1:17:57] | and we should pay attention to that. | 这才是重点 |
[1:18:11] | I am paying attention. | 我知道这是重点 |
[1:18:16] | That’s the problem. | 所以才有问题 |
[1:18:25] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:18:33] | # On an ocean white # | #茫茫大海上# |
[1:18:40] | # Of roaring waves # | #波涛在怒吼# |
[1:18:47] | # I see your light # | #我见到你的灯光# |
[1:18:54] | # And golden face # | #和闪亮的面孔# |
[1:19:02] | # A precious gift # | #珍贵的礼物# |
[1:19:08] | # Of your longing arms # | #是你张开的双臂# |
[1:19:14] | # Hurt me not # | #不会伤害我# |
[1:19:20] | # Just sing to me, my love # | #只是对着我歌唱 我的爱# |
[1:19:34] | # How come so # | #怎么会# |
[1:19:42] | # So # | #于是# |
[1:19:51] | # Sweetly, child, you sing? # | #亲爱的孩子 是你在歌唱吗# |
[1:20:00] | # And all the joy # | #你带给我的# |
[1:20:03] | # You bring to me # | #所有快乐# |
[1:20:09] | # Goes # | #消失了# |
[1:20:16] | # Goes our loved ones home # | #爱人的家# |
[1:20:27] | # And I will– # | #而我会# |
[1:20:30] | # I will be waiting. # | #一直等待# |
[1:20:45] | Henry! | 亨利 |
[1:20:47] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了? |
[1:20:49] | It’s Millie. What is it? | 是米莉 怎么了? |
[1:20:53] | She’s in here. | 她在里面 |
[1:20:56] | I mean, she’s been like this all morning. | 我是说 她这样一早上了 |
[1:20:58] | She won’t talk to me. She won’t look at me. | 不跟我说话 也不看我 |
[1:21:01] | Nothing. | 根本不理我 |
[1:21:12] | Millie? | 米莉 |
[1:21:14] | Can you hear me? | 能听到我吗? |
[1:21:18] | Millie, you remember how much fun we had the other day | 米莉 记得那天我们玩的时候 |
[1:21:21] | when we played? | 有多开心吗? |
[1:21:22] | You remember that? | 记得吗? |
[1:21:27] | Please. Please say something. | 拜托 拜托说点什么 |
[1:21:41] | Henry’s here. He came over to play. | 亨利来了 他来玩了 |
[1:21:45] | Sweetie? | 亲爱的? |
[1:21:48] | Honey, can you hear me? | 亲爱的 能听到我吗? |
[1:22:06] | Henry, I know you’re gonna die, | 亨利 我知道你要死了 |
[1:22:10] | but all that either of us have is right now. | 但我们都还在彼此面前 |
[1:22:17] | And we should pay attention to that. | 这才是重点 |
[1:22:28] | Was there any kind of trauma? | 这是创伤后症状吗? |
[1:22:30] | Anything which could have set her back like this? | 她变成这样有诱因吗? |
[1:23:25] | You told me “one time.” | 你说过 就一次的 |
[1:23:27] | You promised me. | 你答应过我 |
[1:23:29] | Mr. Poole, God is bigger than a promise. | 普尔先生 上帝比诺言强大得多 |
[1:23:32] | Just let me talk to you, yes? | 让我跟你谈谈 好吗? |
[1:23:33] | Esperanza, please, let him go. No no no! | 艾丝帕兰 放开他 不不不 |
[1:23:35] | Mr. Poole, just let us– Listen to me, please. | 普尔先生 让我们 听我说好吗 |
[1:23:36] | Listen to me! Mr. Poole. | 听我说 普尔先生 |
[1:23:42] | Holy shit. No no no no. | 真他妈的 不不不 |
[1:23:43] | No “holy shit.” No “holy shit.” Holy– something else. | 不要生气 不要生气 是其他的 |
[1:23:47] | Mr. Poole, the test came back. | 普尔先生 试验结果出来了 |
[1:23:49] | Yeah, and what? And what? | 是吗 结果呢? |
[1:23:50] | There’s no explanation for it, right? | 根本没的解释 是吗? |
[1:23:52] | No. It’s a big surprise, huh? | 不 大惊喜哈 |
[1:23:53] | No no, please– Yes, you’re right. | 不不 拜托 你说得对 |
[1:23:55] | There is no explanation. That’s exactly right. | 你说的对 没的解释 |
[1:23:57] | You want to tell me what’s going on? | 你要告诉我发生了什么事吗? |
[1:23:58] | Why all these people are here? Huh? | 人们都来这干吗? |
[1:24:01] | There here to see something unexplainable. | 这里有无法解释的事 |
[1:24:03] | Yeah? They’re here to find some hope. | 是吗? 他们都是来寻求希望的 |
[1:24:04] | Let me tell you something– | 我跟你说 |
[1:24:06] | I never should have let you come here in the first place | 我就不该让你们进来的 |
[1:24:08] | ’cause this is insane. You got people praying to the wall. | 这真是太疯狂了 你们让人们对着墙祈祷 |
[1:24:10] | Excuse me, is this your house? Yeah! | 对不起 这是你的房子吗? 对 |
[1:24:12] | This is my house. | 这是我的房子 |
[1:24:13] | You know, you’re a very lucky man | 你知道 你真是很幸运 |
[1:24:14] | to have such a– Yeah! Yeah, I’m so lucky | 有这么一间 是 我真是幸运 |
[1:24:16] | I ought to buy a lottery ticket, shouldn’t l? | 我是不是该买点彩票了? |
[1:24:18] | You’re all just kind of staring at the wall? | 你们就这么看着墙? |
[1:24:20] | Is that what you’re doing? | 你们就这么做的吗? |
[1:24:22] | Hope can’t save you. | 希望救不了你们 |
[1:24:23] | You understand that? | 明白吗? |
[1:24:25] | It can’t save you. Or her | 救不了你 或者她 |
[1:24:27] | or her or him! | 或她或他 |
[1:24:29] | You understand that? Hope isn’t gonna save you! | 明白吗?希望根本救不了人 |
[1:24:32] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[1:24:35] | Please, Mr. Poole. | 求你 普尔先生 |
[1:24:41] | No no no no no no, please. Listen to me! | 不不不不 听我说 |
[1:24:44] | Listen, it’s a miracle. It will do things– | 听着 这是奇迹 它能 |
[1:24:46] | No no no no– this is a gift from God! | 不不不 这是上帝的礼物? |
[1:24:49] | This is a gift from God! No no– oh my God. | 这是上帝的礼物 不不 天哪 |
[1:24:53] | I want this out of here! | 我要它从这里消失 |
[1:24:55] | I don’t want this stain on my wall! | 我再也不要在墙上看到这块污渍 |
[1:25:01] | I want– | 我想要 |
[1:25:06] | This doesn’t save lives. | 这根本救不了人 |
[1:25:11] | Please. | 求你 |
[1:25:13] | This doesn’t save lives. | 根本救不了人 |
[1:25:23] | # Sweetly, child, you sing # | #亲爱的孩子 你唱着歌# |
[1:25:33] | # And all the joy # | #你带给我的# |
[1:25:36] | # You bring to me # | #所有欢乐# |
[1:25:42] | # Goes # | #消失了# |
[1:25:49] | # Goes our loved ones home # | #爱人的家# |
[1:26:00] | # And I will– # | #而我会# |
[1:26:02] | # I will be waiting # | #一直等待# |
[1:26:11] | # On an ocean # | #在海洋中# |
[1:26:17] | # Sweetly, child, you sing # | #亲爱的孩子 你唱着歌# |
[1:26:27] | # On an ocean… # | #在海上# |
[1:26:30] | Mr. Poole? | 普尔先生 |
[1:26:34] | # On an ocean… # | #在海上# |
[1:26:39] | Can you hear me? | 能听到我吗? |
[1:26:49] | Mr. Poole, the blood was real. | 普尔先生 血是真的 |
[1:27:28] | Oh, God. | 哦 天哪 |
[1:27:33] | Thank God you’re okay. | 感谢上帝 你没事 |
[1:27:37] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干什么? |
[1:27:39] | I’ve been waiting for you to wake up | 在等你醒过来 |
[1:27:42] | to make sure you’re okay. | 确认你没事 |
[1:27:48] | …Dios mio. | 我的上帝(西班牙语) |
[1:27:52] | What are you smiling at? | 你笑什么? |
[1:27:54] | At you. | 笑你 |
[1:27:57] | Why did you not tell me, Mr. Poole? | 你为什么不告诉我 普尔先生 |
[1:28:00] | Tell you what? | 告诉你什么? |
[1:28:01] | About your secret you had. | 你保留的秘密 |
[1:28:03] | Dawn explained it to me. | 道恩跟我说了 |
[1:28:08] | What do you mean, “had”? | 保留 是什么意思? |
[1:28:09] | I need to see a doctor! | 我需要见医生 |
[1:28:12] | You need to get back in your room. | 你需要回病房去 |
[1:28:14] | I need to see a doctor. Sir! | 我要见医生 先生 |
[1:28:16] | Mr. Poole, no no no. You should not be walking around. | 普尔先生 不不不 你不能到处走 |
[1:28:18] | You need to get back to your room– hey hey! | 你应该回病房去 嘿嘿 |
[1:28:20] | Hey hey! Mr. Poole. | 嘿 嘿 普尔先生 |
[1:28:23] | Please– okay. Mr. Poole, just calm down. | 好了 普尔先生 冷静 |
[1:28:25] | Mr. Poole– | 普尔先生 |
[1:28:28] | No no no no. No no– don’t do that. | 不不不 别这么做 |
[1:28:31] | Mr. Poole, look at your arm, Mr. Poole. | 普尔先生 你的胳膊 普尔先生 |
[1:28:34] | You’re bleeding. Mr. Poole. | 你在流血 普尔先生 |
[1:28:41] | Please. | 不要 |
[1:28:44] | Please. | 不要 |
[1:29:06] | Mr. Poole. | 普尔先生 |
[1:29:09] | Wake up. | 醒过来 |
[1:29:12] | Mr. Poole? Wake up. | 普尔先生 醒过来 |
[1:29:14] | It’s okay. Wake up. | 没事了 醒了 |
[1:29:23] | Millie, did you just say something to me? | 米莉 你刚跟我说话了? |
[1:29:27] | Mommy said you’re not sick anymore. | 妈妈说你没病了 |
[1:29:36] | I’m– | 我 |
[1:29:38] | I’m not gonna die? | 我不会死了? |
[1:29:41] | No, Henry. | 不会 亨利 |
[1:29:42] | You’re not. | 你不会死了 |
[1:29:45] | How can that be? | 怎么可能? |
[1:29:47] | Well, I told them what was wrong with you | 我跟他们说了你的问题 |
[1:29:50] | and they checked. And you’re fine. | 检查之后证实 你没事 |
[1:29:57] | You were never sick, Henry. | 你压根没病 亨利 |
[1:30:04] | So– so I was never gonna die? | 那么 我永远不会死了? |
[1:30:08] | No no, we are all going to die, | 不不 我们都会死的 |
[1:30:12] | just not right now. | 但不是现在 |
[1:30:13] | And that is the miracle | 这是属于你的 |
[1:30:17] | for you. | 奇迹 |
[1:30:22] | Um… | 呃 |
[1:30:24] | after what I’ve done, | 在我砸了墙之后 |
[1:30:26] | the miracle’s gone. | 奇迹已经消失了 |
[1:30:28] | No no no. | 不不不 |
[1:30:30] | Don’t worry about that. | 别担心 |
[1:30:32] | It was here for as long | 只要需要 |
[1:30:35] | as it needed to be here. | 奇迹永远存在 |
[1:30:38] | Yeah? Yeah. | 是吗? 嗯 |
[1:30:39] | Like everything and everyone. | 就像所有人和所有事 |
[1:30:46] | I’m glad you’re better, Mr. Poole. | 很高兴你好起来 普尔先生 |
[1:30:53] | Millie, | 米莉 |
[1:30:55] | I’m glad you’re better too. | 我也很高兴你好了 |
[1:31:04] | You know, you should really get some rest. | 你知道 你该休息了 |
[1:31:08] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[1:31:10] | We’ll be outside if you need us. | 如果有需要 我们就在外面 |
[1:31:12] | Come on, honey. | 来吧 亲爱的 |
[1:31:29] | # I promise you will get old # | #我保证你会变老# |
[1:31:33] | # I promised you everything # | #我保证一切# |
[1:31:38] | # To protect you wherever you go # | #无论你到哪 我都会保护你# |
[1:31:43] | # I’ll give you this diamond ring # | #我会给你这只钻石戒指# |
[1:31:48] | # Just promise you will remember # | #只要保证你会记得# |
[1:31:53] | # The promise should last forever # | #承诺会到永远# |
[1:31:59] | # Right up to the dying embers # | #直到灰飞烟灭# |
[1:32:03] | # Of the fire that burns so slow… # | #火焰尽灭# |
[1:32:32] | You’re back. Yep. | 你回来了 嗯 |
[1:32:38] | I’m home. | 我回来了 |
[1:32:40] | What’s left of it. | 留下的这些 |
[1:32:45] | What do you make of all this? | 你打算怎么办? |
[1:32:49] | You’re gonna live, Henry. | 你会活下去的 亨利 |
[1:32:51] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[1:32:52] | It’s a gift. | 这是礼物 |
[1:32:55] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[1:32:56] | Pretty miraculous, huh? | 很神奇哈? |
[1:33:00] | I don’t–I don’t know what it is. | 我不 我不知道是怎么回事 |
[1:33:04] | I don’t know if it was a mistake. | 我不知道是不是出了差错 |
[1:33:07] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:33:14] | I don’t think that any of this | 我不认为 |
[1:33:17] | was a mistake. | 是出了差错 |
[1:33:24] | What now? | 现在呢? |
[1:33:54] | # It’s a beautiful thing to do # | #多美好的事# |
[1:33:59] | # Sometimes you just have to walk away # | #有时你只需放开# |
[1:34:04] | # Remember I do love you # | #记得我爱你# |
[1:34:09] | # Have courage in what you say # | #要有勇气# |
[1:34:13] | # And promise you will remember # | #保证你会永远记得# |
[1:34:18] | # That promises last forever # | #承诺会到永远# |
[1:34:23] | # Still after the dying embers # | #直到灰飞烟灭# |
[1:34:28] | # The fire that burns so slowly # | #火焰尽灭# |
[1:34:43] | # Sometimes you just have to walk away # | #有时你只需放开# |
[1:34:52] | # Sometimes you just have to walk away # | #有时你只需放开# |
[1:35:02] | # Wishing today was yesterday # | #希望昨日重现# |
[1:35:11] | # Sometimes you just have to walk away # | #有时你只需放开# |