英文名称:Amelia
年代:2009
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:51] | Engine two looks fine. How’s number one? | 2号引擎正常 1号引擎情况如何 |
[00:52] | 迈阿密 佛罗里达 1937年6月1日 | |
[00:53] | Did a compression check. Engine one looks fine. | 压缩机检查完毕 1号引擎正常 |
[00:56] | We love you, Amelia! | 艾米莉亚 我们爱你 |
[00:57] | Good luck, Amelia! | 祝你好运 艾米莉亚 |
[00:58] | Miss Earhart, do you really | 埃尔哈特小姐 你有信心 |
[00:59] | think you’ll break the record this time? | 创造新纪录吗 |
[01:01] | She will fly the world’s full circumference, | 她将环绕地球一圈 24902英里 |
[01:03] | 24,902 miles, to travel across the south atlantic, | 并将横跨南太平洋 |
[01:08] | Crossing Africa, over India | 途经非洲和印度 |
[01:10] | After this ’round-the-world flight, Miss Earhart, | 埃尔哈特小姐 请问结束此次环球飞行后 |
[01:13] | Are you gonna give up long-distance flying? | 您会否停止长途飞行 |
[01:15] | Not while there’s still life left in me. | 只要还有一口气 我就会飞下去 |
[01:17] | I fly for the fun of it. | 我很享受飞行的乐趣 |
[01:22] | Good luck! | 祝你好运 |
[01:24] | All right, give us a big smile! | 好了 来笑一个 |
[01:25] | We love you, Amelia! | 我们爱你 艾米莉亚 |
[01:27] | Thank you. That’s enough. | 谢谢 记者会就此结束 |
[01:43] | 艾米莉亚 | |
[02:36] | 还要飞24920英里 | |
[02:54] | Mr. Balfour, come in, over. | 巴尔弗先生 请讲 |
[02:57] | Mr. Putnam. | 帕特南先生 |
[02:59] | The headwinds were stronger than they knew when they took off. | 逆风比他们起飞时预计的要强 |
[03:02] | I recalculated the fuel: It’ll cost them nine percent | 我重估了油耗 比预计多百分之九 |
[03:08] | Nine percent. | 百分之九 |
[03:58] | When I saw that little plane, | 我仰望那架小飞机 |
[04:01] | It lifted me above the Kansas prairie | 它带着我的心一同飞越堪萨斯草原 |
[04:08] | I had to fly | 我要高飞 |
[04:19] | My daddy had the wanderlust: that’s why I like to keep moving | 父亲心怀漫游的欲望 而我继承了这份冲动 |
[04:30] | Flying lets me move in three dimensions | 飞行带我领略三维的世界 |
[04:46] | Who wants a life imprisoned in safety? | 谁愿被束缚在一成不变的安定中呢? |
[04:54] | Miss Earhart? Mr. Putnam will see you now. | (1928年4月纽约) 埃尔哈特小姐? 帕特南先生能见你了 |
[05:05] | Send the papers over this afternoon. Thank you, bye. | 下午请把文件送来 谢谢 再见 |
[05:09] | – Miss Earhart? – Mr. Putnam? | -埃尔哈特小姐? -帕特南先生? |
[05:11] | Please, sit. | 请坐 |
[05:17] | I’m told you want to fly across the Atlantic Ocean. | 听说你要飞越大西洋? |
[05:19] | – I do. – why do you want to fly? | -没错 -你为什么想飞行 |
[05:22] | – why? – why do you want to fly? | -为什么? -你飞行的冲动是什么 |
[05:26] | Why does a man ride a horse? | 为什么人要骑马 |
[05:33] | Because he wants to, I guess. | 因为他们想骑吧 |
[05:37] | Three women have died trying. | 已有3名女性死于这趟飞行 |
[05:40] | Two others have escaped with their lives. | 另有2人临阵退缩 |
[05:41] | If you do make it, you will be the first, | 假如你成功 就是历史第一人 |
[05:45] | Which is the real attraction for both of us, I expect. | 这对我们双方 都相当有吸引力 |
[05:49] | Always nice to know what the real attraction is. | 吸引人的事物都很美好 |
[05:53] | The plane was bought from Admiral Byrd by Amy Guest, a socialite, | 飞机是名媛艾米・盖斯向拜尔德上将购买的 |
[05:57] | Who’s asked to find an American. | 她希望找位受过教育 |
[06:00] | Educated, well-spoken, a flier | 大方得体的美国飞行员来驾驶 |
[06:04] | And preferably physically attractive. | 最好还是漂亮妩媚的女孩 |
[06:07] | Why would that matter? | 外貌重要吗 |
[06:08] | Because she wants the world to pay attention. | 盖斯太太希望此事得到世界瞩目 |
[06:12] | And pretty girls command more attention. | 漂亮女孩能得到更多关注 |
[06:14] | Was that your advice? | 这是你的提议吗 |
[06:16] | There’ll be a contract for | 《纽约时报》和我们有合约 |
[06:18] | the girl’s story with the New York Times | 独家报道女飞行员的故事 |
[06:21] | Also a book to be published under her name. | 也将以她的名义出版书籍 |
[06:25] | But all the money from this will go to Mrs. Guest | 但一切收益都属于盖斯太太 |
[06:29] | Except for the part that goes to you. | 你那部分盈利除外 |
[06:30] | Well, this is America, | 这是美国嘛 |
[06:31] | And therefore I am obligated to make as much money as I can. | 我得使劲赚钱才符合常规 |
[06:41] | You have a wonderful laugh, Miss Earhart. | 你的笑容很迷人 |
[06:45] | You said she wants a flier. | 她要找飞行员对吧 |
[06:48] | Don’t get your hopes up. | 别高兴得太早 |
[06:51] | The celebrated Wilmer Stultz will be pilot. | 著名的维尔莫・史德茨会担当飞行员 |
[06:54] | There will be a male co-pilot who will also serve as navigator. | 还有一位男性副驾驶负责导航 |
[06:58] | The woman will be purely a passenger. | 女性将作为乘客上机 |
[07:08] | Take Lindbergh. I published | 以林德伯为例 他完成历史性的飞行 |
[07:10] | his book three months after his historic flight. | 三个月后我出版此书 |
[07:13] | Must be wonderful to actually know him, to be a friend of his. | 与这样的人结交一定很有趣吧 |
[07:17] | Friend? Good god, no. | 结交? 别开玩笑了 |
[07:19] | Can’t stand the man. | 真受不了这人 |
[07:21] | He’s a stiff-ass, sanctimonious, boring prude. | 榆木脑袋 伪善 假正经 |
[07:25] | Was a bestseller though. | 书倒卖得不错 |
[07:27] | Why would anyone want to read a book written by a passenger? | 谁愿意看乘客写的书呢 |
[07:31] | Because the hook is that they’re gonna make the woman commander. | 卖点在于女性作指挥官 |
[07:36] | The pilot will sign a contract | 飞行员将签订协议 |
[07:38] | Saying he’s under your direction and control. | 声明他按照你的指示操作 |
[07:40] | It would be your flight. | 这趟飞行属于你 |
[07:41] | My fraud, you mean. | 你意思要我弄虚作假 |
[07:45] | A very distasteful word in book publishing, Miss Earhart. | 弄虚作假这个词在出版业可不受欢迎 |
[07:49] | I don’t know, mr. Putnam. | 我不懂 帕特南先生 |
[07:50] | My dream has always been to fly across the Atlantic, | 我的梦想就是飞越大西洋 |
[07:53] | But the way you want me to do | 但你的要求 |
[07:54] | It is far from the way I’ve envisioned it. | 与我的设想完全不是一回事 |
[07:57] | Let me be frank. | 实话说吧 |
[07:59] | With your level of flight experience, I wouldn’t place you | 以你的飞行经验 我不能允许 |
[08:01] | Anywhere near the group | 你进行任何操作 |
[08:02] | that would normally be considered for this, | 这是经过审慎考虑的 |
[08:04] | If a woman were to do any flying at all. | 如果女性要当飞行员 |
[08:07] | Miss Earhart, let me be painfully clear, | 容我沉痛明述 埃尔哈特小姐 |
[08:11] | I give the orders and you take them. | 你必须服从我的指示 |
[08:13] | And if you do as you’re told, you’ll be a star. | 听我的 你就能当明星 |
[08:16] | And I will be nearby, a small particle of dust | 我会陪在你的身边 成为你星座中 |
[08:19] | In your constellation. | 辅佐陪衬的一粒星尘 |
[08:21] | Spoken like a gentleman. | 说得真好听 |
[08:23] | Miss earhart. | 再会 |
[08:24] | Mr. Putnam. | 再会 |
[08:27] | Of course, a gentleman would’ve paid for my ticket. | 要是真绅士 就该给我买车票 |
[08:42] | 飞越冈比亚 还有20719英里 | |
[09:02] | What the hell are they? | 这些是什么 |
[09:04] | Oryx! | 非洲大羚羊 |
[09:08] | Look how free they are! | 看他们多自由 |
[09:12] | No constraints, no schedules to keep. | 不受拘束 没有计划表 |
[09:16] | For a gal who don’t like schedules, | 要说不受拘束 |
[09:18] | You sure got yourself | 你和帕特南先生合作 |
[09:20] | hooked up with the wrong fella in Mr. Putnam. | 还真是选错了人 |
[09:31] | 波士顿 马萨诸萨州 1928 | |
[09:32] | Boys, I’d like to introduce your commander, | (1928年 马赛诸塞州波士顿)男士们 容我介绍你们的指挥官 |
[09:34] | Miss Amelia Earhar. | 艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特小姐 |
[09:36] | Say hello to Slim Gordon, your navigator. | 这位是领航员斯林・高登 |
[09:38] | How do you do? | 幸会 |
[09:39] | And Bill Stultz, | 这位是比尔・史德茨 |
[09:41] | – the best pilot working today. – Hello, Bill. | -当代最好的飞行员 -你好 |
[09:43] | How much fuel do you lose because of these? | 这些会增加多少油耗 |
[09:46] | Costs us at least 400 gallons. | 至少400加仑 |
[09:49] | Well, then why have them? | 那为什么要装呢 |
[09:51] | The owner wants to protect | 机主希望减少 |
[09:52] | her plane in case you have to ditch it at sea. | 水上迫降时的损害 |
[09:54] | But those are decisions I have to make, not somebody else. | 这应该由我决定吧 |
[09:58] | They’re not making this trip, we are. | 机主不是飞行员 |
[10:00] | But she owns the plane, and this is still America, Miss Earhart. | 但这是美国 机主说了算 |
[10:04] | Ownership is the trump card. | 拥有权就是王牌 |
[10:08] | Sad to say, but dollars put planes in the air. | 钱让飞机升上天 那是不争的事实 |
[10:10] | I wonder if it can keep us up there, | 钱能让我们一直飞吗 |
[10:12] | not that I’ve ever had enough to try. | 我还没试过 |
[10:15] | Our job is to figure out how to fly this beauty without gasoline. | 我们的工作就是让没油的飞机飞上天 对吧 |
[10:18] | Include the whole engine up here. | 发动机也要入镜 |
[10:20] | The name is Amelia Earhart. | 名字是艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特 |
[10:32] | Careful up there, Slim. | 上面当心点 斯林 |
[10:39] | They’re leaving for newfoundland. | 他们将从纽芬兰出发 |
[10:41] | Yes, they’ll be taking off | 对 天气允许的话 |
[10:42] | for there tomorrow, weather permitting. | 他们明天就去纽芬兰 |
[10:44] | Make sure the reporters are there. Goodbye. | 确保有记者到场 再见 |
[10:52] | Popping-off letters. For my dad, my mom, and my sis. | 遗书 给爸爸的 给妈妈的 给妹妹的 |
[10:58] | You know, in case. | 只是以防万一 |
[11:03] | I’m honored that you would leave these with me. | 受此重任 深感荣幸 |
[11:05] | Who else? If I do pop off, it’s your fault. | 不找你找谁 如果我挂了 都是你的错 |
[11:10] | Pray I make it. | 祈祷我成功吧 |
[11:12] | Not much of a prayer man. | 我不怎么祈祷 |
[11:14] | Then at least tip your hat and cross your fingers. | 至少为我敬个礼 做个幸运手势吧 |
[11:28] | – see you. – see you. | -再会 -再会 |
[11:44] | It’s a short hop from Boston to Newfoundland | 对艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特和机组人员来说 |
[11:47] | For Amelia Earhart and crew | 从波士顿到纽芬兰的旅程 |
[11:49] | Then on to Ireland, and possibly the record books | 比飞往爱尔兰 创造纪录的历程短暂得多 |
[11:53] | Earhart and top-notch ace Bill Stultz have to get airborne, | 埃尔哈特和顶尖飞行员比尔・史德茨 |
[11:56] | Quite a feat once their plane | 给飞机加满了燃料 |
[11:58] | is fully loaded for the Atlantic crossing | 为跨越大西洋做好了充足的准备 |
[12:32] | Seems like we got a situation here, a real problem. | 出状况了 问题还不小 |
[12:36] | When you figure it out, commander, let us know. | 指挥官 假如你知道怎么回事 就告诉我们 |
[13:01] | I don’t even know what the hell I’m saying anymore. | 我都不知道自己说的什么了 |
[13:04] | Here’s to little Miss Earhart, | 敬埃尔哈特大小姐一杯 |
[13:05] | who couldn’t lift a pigeon off the ground! | 连放飞鸽子都不会 |
[13:45] | What time is it? | 几点了 |
[13:47] | It’s time to fly. | 该启程了 |
[13:48] | Get up, get dressed, we’re going now. | 起床 穿衣 出发了 |
[13:51] | Where’s the weather report? | 天气预报呢 |
[13:56] | It’s not good enough. | 这天气不好 |
[13:57] | Great. | 好啊 |
[13:58] | Either we fly to Ireland or you’re going home today. | 今天要么飞爱尔兰 要么拍拍屁股回家 |
[14:01] | Well, it’s not good enough. | 这天气不够理想 |
[14:02] | It’s fine. There’s a tailwind all the way. | 够好的了 一路都有顺风 |
[14:05] | We’ll off-load to 700 gallons, which gets us off the water | 卸下700加仑油就能起飞 |
[14:07] | And the wind will get us to ireland. | 顺风到达爱尔兰 |
[14:09] | You’re dumping fuel? You’re serious? | 卸掉燃料 你开玩笑吧 |
[14:11] | Just as serious as you’re hung-over. | 你的宿醉也是开玩笑的吗 |
[14:14] | Slim, you go now. Get the late weather. | 斯林 你现在去看最新天气 |
[14:16] | We’ll meet you at the plane. | 飞机上集合 |
[14:21] | Slim, go. I’ve got this. | 斯林 快去 这里我来收拾 |
[14:41] | I’ve loved one person unconditionally, Bill. | 一直以来 我无条件地爱着一个人 |
[14:45] | He’s the most caring and generous | 他是世界上最温柔体贴 |
[14:48] | And charming and flat-out funny guy I’ll ever know. | 慷慨大方 魅力四射 幽默风趣的人 |
[14:51] | He’s my father. | 他就是我的父亲 |
[14:54] | He’s a drunk, and he’s let me down all my life. | 他还是个醉鬼 让我一生失望的人 |
[15:00] | Now you get out of that goddamn bed, | 你他妈的现在就给我起床 |
[15:02] | and you fly that plane to Ireland, | 开着飞机到爱尔兰 |
[15:04] | Or I swear to you, I will. | 不然 就我来开 |
[15:11] | Good. Slim, start the engines. | 很好 斯林 发动引擎 |
[15:17] | This report indicates some degree of risk. | 天气预报显示有一定风险 |
[15:20] | It’s a risk I’m taking. | 但我愿冒险启航 |
[15:26] | Have a nice flight. | 飞行顺利 |
[15:31] | Read tomorrow’s papers, Bill! We’ll both be in them. | 好好看明天的报纸吧 我们会上报的 |
[15:50] | So, to take off, you pull back on the thing, right? | 向后拉操纵杆是起飞 对吧 |
[15:56] | Go get ’em, Amelia! | 飞起来吧 艾米莉亚 |
[16:26] | Start the clock! | 开始计时 |
[16:56] | Let’s hope this works! | 希望这能成功 |
[17:12] | We’re up. | 飞起来了 |
[17:15] | We’re up. We’re up! | 飞起来了 飞起来了 |
[17:19] | – good work! – well done, commander! | -干得好 -我们成功了 指挥官 |
[17:34] | The fog comes on little cat feet | 薄雾如猫儿的脚步般悄然而至 |
[17:39] | It sits, looking over harbor and city, on silent haunches | 我静静坐着 俯瞰港口与城市 |
[17:44] | And then moves on | 慢慢落在身后 |
[17:50] | Listen.The motors are humming sweetly | 听着发动机传来动听的嗡鸣 |
[17:53] | And I feel at home | 我感到这就是归属 |
[18:01] | You okay? | 怎么了 |
[18:03] | Be better off if the damn radio would join the party! | 破收音机没信号了 |
[18:11] | Mr. Putnam! There’s a call coming in. | 帕特南先生 有你的电话 |
[18:14] | Putnam. | 我是帕特南 |
[18:15] | I’m afraid we’ve lost contact with miss earhart’s plane, sir. | 先生 我们与埃尔哈特小姐的飞机失去联络了 |
[18:19] | Keep me informed. Thank you. | 有新情况请通知我 谢谢 |
[18:32] | We’ve been flying for 19 hours plus. | 我们已经飞了超过19个小时 |
[18:34] | How far to land? | 什么时候才到陆地 |
[18:37] | Radio is still out. | 收音机还是没信号 |
[18:38] | There’s no way to compute wind speed and drift in the clouds, | 无法估算风速和云层状况 |
[18:41] | So god only knows where Ireland is. | 只能靠上帝的引导到爱尔兰了 |
[18:43] | There may be an hour of gasoline left. Probably less. | 燃料只能撑一个小时 也许还不够 |
[18:47] | If we land on the water now, we might have a rescue. | 如果现在迫降水面 也许能等到援救 |
[18:51] | And a failure! | 还有失败的滋味 |
[18:55] | That’s out. | 那就不行 |
[19:07] | Hold on to something, for christ’s sake! | 抓紧点啊 天哪 |
[19:12] | Slim, go help her. | 斯林 去帮她 |
[19:16] | Hang on! Okay, I’m coming. Hold on. | 抓紧了 好了 我来了 振作点 |
[19:23] | Got it. Take my hand. | 好了 抓住我的手 |
[19:29] | – hang on, slim! – help! | -别放手 斯林! -救命! |
[19:32] | You boys all right? | 你们没事吧 |
[19:44] | Oh, god! | 天哪 |
[20:15] | Land. | 陆地 |
[20:17] | Land. Look. | 瞧 是陆地 |
[20:22] | We got land! | 看到陆地了 |
[20:29] | We did it! | 我们成功了 |
[20:32] | We’re alive! | 我们还活着 |
[20:34] | Nice work! | 干得好 |
[20:54] | Amazing! | 棒极了 |
[20:57] | Glory, hallelujah! We made it! | 赞美上帝 我们成功了 |
[21:10] | Hello! | 你们好 |
[21:13] | Hello there! Hello, young lady! | 你好啊 小姑娘 |
[21:15] | Fine young fella. Hello! | 快找人来 |
[21:17] | Hello there, gentlemen. Hello! | 你们好 先生们 大家好 |
[21:20] | What do you make of that? | 这是怎么回事 |
[21:21] | Hurry up with it. You’re going to miss it. | 快来看 不赶紧就错过了 |
[21:24] | Hurry up, man! | 快来看 |
[21:35] | Welcome, Miss Earhart! | 埃尔哈特小姐 欢迎你 |
[21:46] | Miss earhart! | 埃尔哈特小姐 |
[21:47] | Morgan, be careful. That’s precious cargo! | 摩根当心 这可是贵重货物 |
[22:02] | There you go, lovely lady. Watch your step. | 上来吧 可爱的小姐 当心脚下 |
[22:31] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[22:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:34] | Is it Irish tradition to greet newcomers with song? | 以歌声迎客是爱尔兰的传统吗 |
[22:39] | I couldn’t say. This is wales! | 那我不知道 这里是威尔士 |
[22:42] | 艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特飞越大西洋 讲述历险故事 | |
[22:47] | Bill, look! | 比尔 瞧 |
[23:07] | Hello, Dorothy. | 你好 多萝丝 |
[23:11] | Are you going to be the next girls to become pilots? | 你们想成为下一代女飞行员吗 |
[23:19] | What? | 怎么了 |
[23:20] | It feels strange. | 感觉真怪 |
[23:21] | We haven’t had a moment alone. Just the two of us. | 我们俩还没说上话呢 没独处的时间 |
[23:25] | Miss Earhart, do you have a statement for the times? | 埃尔哈特小姐 能发表一下你的感想吗 |
[23:27] | We’re so proud of you! | 我们为你骄傲 |
[23:28] | We love you, Amelia! | 我们爱你 |
[23:32] | Amelia! Not in the rain! | 艾米莉亚 别在雨天骑摩托 |
[23:36] | I flew across the Atlantic! | 连大西洋都跨越了 我怕啥 |
[23:43] | Hold it right there. | 别动 就那样 |
[23:44] | Now, this is a list of the shots they want. | 这是他们要的拍摄名单 |
[23:46] | Do you have dirt on your face? | 你脸上有脏东西吗 |
[23:47] | I believe you are referring to my freckles. | 我相信你说的是我的雀斑 |
[23:49] | – they come with the skin. – I don’t like them. | -生来如此 -我不喜欢 |
[23:59] | Very heroic. Think Lindbergh. | 样子很英勇 想着林德伯吧 |
[24:01] | Lady Lindy. That’s what they’ll call you. | 他们都会叫你”女版林迪” |
[24:06] | As I look back on the flight, | 回顾这趟旅程 |
[24:08] | I think of two questions that have been asked me most frequently | 我想起人们问得最多的两个问题 |
[24:12] | “Where are you going next? “ | “下一站是哪里” |
[24:15] | And ‘”What did you wear? ‘” | “你穿什么衣服” |
[24:24] | Lucky strike endorsement. | 鸿运香烟的合约 |
[24:26] | I wrote the copy myself. | 我摹写了一份 |
[24:28] | What does it say? “I don’t smoke, but you should”? | 是什么内容 “我不抽烟 但你该试试” |
[24:32] | No, it says that lucky strikes | 不是 合约中声明 |
[24:33] | were the only cigarettes aboard the Friendship | 鸿运香烟是友情号飞机上唯一指定的香烟 |
[24:35] | Which is true. I hid them under the seat. | 这是真的 我在座椅下藏了一包 |
[24:37] | True, maybe, but misleading. Why would I sign that? | 是不假 但这算误导 为什么要签这种合约 |
[24:42] | So that Bill and Slim get paid. | 这样比尔和斯林才能挣到钱 |
[24:58] | Amelia Earhart, the only woman to fly across the atlantic, | 艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特 唯一飞越大西洋的女性 |
[25:03] | Just can’t keep her feet on the ground | 不能停止她高飞的冲动 |
[25:06] | The publisher George Putnam has commissioned her | 出版商乔治・帕特南将承办 |
[25:09] | To write a book on her flying adventures | 她的飞行历险传记 |
[25:22] | – Thanks, fellas! – You’re welcome, Miss Earhart. | -谢谢 伙计们 -不用谢 埃尔哈特小姐. |
[25:31] | You didn’t have to come get me. | 你不用来接我的 |
[25:34] | You do have a dress to change into, I hope. | 你有带衣服来换吧 |
[25:36] | – well, it’s just a college class, George. – no, no, no. | -不过是大学课堂而已 -不不不 |
[25:39] | No. You have to take every appearance seriously. | 你必须认真对待任何一场公开露面 |
[25:42] | You never know what it might lead to. | 你永远也不知道最后是什么结果 |
[25:44] | Spoken by a man who should know. | 多听老人言 对吧 |
[25:51] | What was that for? | 这是干什么 |
[25:52] | Good luck? | 祝好运吧 |
[25:54] | What happened to tipping your hat and crossing your fingers? | 你的敬礼和幸运手势呢 |
[25:57] | Oh, I’m afraid I’m way beyond that now, like it or not. | 不管你喜不喜欢 我就这样表示了 |
[26:02] | I think I like it. | 我倒是不讨厌 |
[26:12] | What did your mother say | 当你母亲获悉 |
[26:13] | when she knew you flew across the Atlantic? | 你飞越大西洋时 她有什么反应 |
[26:16] | Well, she sent a telegram congratulating me | 她给我寄来了祝贺电报 |
[26:19] | And then she said the next time | 还说 希望下次 |
[26:22] | She wants to sit beside me in the cockpit. | 能坐在我的副驾座上 |
[26:26] | How did it feel to fly over the ocean? | 飞越海洋是什么感受呢 |
[26:29] | Were you scared? | 你害怕吗 |
[26:32] | When I looked down at the sea, | 当我俯瞰大海 |
[26:36] | It seemed much like the sky to me | 仿佛看到了天空 |
[26:39] | As if the sky and the sea were the same | 海天融为一色 |
[26:42] | I felt much as I do when I’m flying upward toward the sun | 朝着太阳飞行时 这种感受更为强烈 |
[26:48] | Transported somehow to a simple, | 心中 因触手可及的 |
[26:52] | Safe, beautiful place, where everything is comprehensible | 单纯 安心 又美丽的景色而狂喜 |
[27:00] | Welcome to the Chicago Congress Plaza Hotel. | 欢迎来到芝加哥国会广场酒店 |
[27:03] | Good night, Amelia. | 晚安 艾米莉亚 |
[27:05] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[27:11] | It must have been moonglow | 月光借我勇气 |
[27:16] | Way up in the blue | 那碧蓝天空中飘散的一缕缕月光 |
[27:22] | It must have been moonglow | 月光借我勇气 |
[27:27] | That led me be straight to you | 让我表白真心给你听 |
[27:33] | I still hear you | 我那牵挂着你的心 |
[27:55] | Dance with me, George. | 和我跳舞 乔治 |
[28:07] | And I keep on praying | 我不禁祈祷 |
[28:12] | ‘”Oh, lord, please let this last'” | 主啊 请把这一刻变成永恒 |
[28:17] | We seemed to float right through the air | 我们好似在空中漂流 |
[28:28] | Heavenly songs | 缥缈仙乐 |
[28:32] | Seemed to come from everywhere | 萦绕在我们身边 |
[28:39] | And now when there’s moonglow | 每次看到月光 |
[28:45] | Way up in the blue | 飘散在碧蓝天空中 |
[28:50] | I’ll always remember | 就会让我想起 |
[28:55] | That moonglow gave me you | 是月光送来了你 |
[29:09] | Hello, Elinor. | 你好 艾琳诺尔 |
[29:10] | Mr. Putnam. | 你好 帕特南先生 |
[29:11] | Yes, please come in. | 请进 |
[29:14] | Amelia. | 艾米莉亚 |
[29:19] | Miss Smith. | 史密斯小姐 |
[29:21] | I’ve been following your career with a great deal of admiration. | 我很钦佩你对事业的执着 |
[29:24] | Oh, Miss Earhart, you are such an inspiration. | 埃尔哈特小姐 您才是我的灵感之源 |
[29:28] | I never get tired of reading about you. | 我一直关注着有关您的报道 |
[29:31] | They’re saying you get $500 a week on the lecture circuit. | 他们说你的巡回演讲一周能赚500块 |
[29:34] | – On a good week. – On a bad week. | -那是最多的一次 -是最少的 |
[29:36] | Depends on whether you want the real or the sell. | 这就是真实数字和炒作的区别 |
[29:38] | Oh, I don’t underestimate the value of selling. | 可别小看炒作的价值 |
[29:41] | A 16-year-old girl makes headlines illegally flying | 16岁少女穿越东河4座桥的不法飞行 |
[29:45] | Under the four bridges of the east river. | 这可上了报纸的大标题 |
[29:47] | You don’t seem to need much help selling yourself. | 你看起来并不需要在炒作上面的帮助 |
[29:50] | Actually, Mr. Putnam, | 事实上 帕特南先生 |
[29:53] | I was hoping you could do to me what you’ve done to her. | 我原本希望你可以向对她那样帮助我 |
[29:56] | What’s your primary ambition? | 你最初的愿望是什么 |
[29:58] | To take Amelia’s place as the number one female pilot. | 取代艾米莉亚成为第一女飞行员 |
[30:02] | – You want a tip? – I do. | -你想要我的成功秘诀 -是的 |
[30:04] | If I listened to everyone who said it was impossible, | 若是我屈从了别人对我的否定 |
[30:07] | I’d never be flying. | 我永远不可能飞行 |
[30:09] | Don’t let anyone turn you around. | 不要随波逐流 |
[30:16] | – You’re all here. – Thank you. | -你们都来了 -谢谢 |
[30:19] | So lovely to see you. | 见到你太好了 |
[30:24] | – Hello. – Good evening. | -你好 -晚上好 |
[30:26] | Good evening, Miss Earhart. | 晚上好 埃尔哈特小姐 |
[30:28] | Marvelous party. | 真是一流的晚会 |
[30:30] | Oh, Amelia. This is Gene Vidal. | 艾米莉亚 这位是金・维戴尔 |
[30:34] | Amelia Earhart, the aviatrix. | 这位是艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特 女飞行家 |
[30:37] | She’s a friend of George’s. | 她是乔治的一位朋友 |
[30:38] | How do you do, Miss Earhart? | 您好吗 埃尔哈特小姐 |
[30:40] | Quite well, Mr. Vidal. Thank you. | 非常好 维戴尔先生 谢谢你 |
[30:42] | I understand you’re writing | 我听说您正在写一本 |
[30:43] | a book about your transatlantic journey | 关于您跨越大西洋旅程的书 |
[30:45] | under the tutelage of the master. | 正在那位大师的指导下进行 |
[30:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[30:49] | You enjoying your stay here in Rye? | 您在拉伊的生活怎么样 |
[30:51] | I must say, I’m a bit out of my element. | 我不得不承认我还没有融入这里 |
[30:54] | The distance between this world and where I come from | 这里和我原来的世界的距离 |
[30:57] | is as great as the distance between the sun and the moon. | 就像太阳和月亮之间那么远 |
[31:00] | And you believe the whole “Opposites attract” Theory is… | 那你认为”异性相吸”理论是… |
[31:03] | Pure hooey. | 完全的瞎话儿 |
[31:05] | – Where are you from? – Kansas. | -你是哪里人 -堪萨斯 |
[31:07] | “Hooey” is a Kansas word? | “瞎话儿”是个堪萨斯方言吗 |
[31:09] | Yes, I suppose it is. | 是的 我估计是 |
[31:11] | Public relations. It’s a new field, entirely new. | 公共关系 这是个新领域 全新的 |
[31:14] | It’s not publicity, not promotion. | 这不是公众宣传 也不是推销宣传 |
[31:17] | Miss Earhart. May I call you Amelia? | 埃尔哈特小姐 我可以叫你艾米莉亚吗 |
[31:21] | We may be from different worlds, | 或许我们来自不同的地方 |
[31:22] | But we have more in common than you might imagine. | 但我们有很多你不知道的共同点 |
[31:24] | – Is that so? – Yes. I’m a teacher, | -真的吗 -真的 我是一名教师 |
[31:27] | At west point, true, but still a teacher. | 虽然任教于西点军校 但是还是一名教师 |
[31:30] | What do you teach? | 你教授什么 |
[31:31] | Flying. | 飞行课 |
[31:52] | Listen, Amelia… | 听着 艾米莉亚… |
[32:01] | This is the first time I’ve ever seen you stumped for a word. | 这是我第一次看见你说不出话 |
[32:12] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[32:15] | Marry me. | 嫁给我 |
[32:16] | – What? – I want you to marry me. | -什么 -我请求你嫁给我 |
[32:21] | I don’t want to get married, George. I’m not the marrying kind. | 我不想结婚 乔治 我不是会结婚的那种人 |
[32:23] | Don’t you see you and I embarking on a new life? | 你看不到我们在共创新生活吗 |
[32:30] | Dear George. | 亲爱的乔治 |
[32:32] | Only I can make a fulfilling life for myself. | 我只有靠自己才能追求毕生所愿 |
[32:35] | I don’t believe that one can have a fulfilled life alone. | 我不相信有人独自追求毕生所愿 |
[32:38] | Only when it’s shared. | 必须有人患难与共才行 |
[32:42] | Let me share your life with you. | 让我和你患难与共 |
[32:46] | Let me try to give you whatever you want. | 让我助你完成毕生所愿 |
[32:58] | When I was a little girl, | 在我小时候 |
[33:01] | For my seventh birthday | 我7岁生日那一年 |
[33:05] | My father gave me a globe. | 我爸爸送我了一个地球仪 |
[33:09] | And I’d spend hours just spinning it slowly, | 我花了好几个小时 只是慢慢地转动它 |
[33:13] | Reading the names of all those strange, faraway places. | 读着那些陌生的 遥远的地名 |
[33:18] | Morocco. Spain. Ethiopia. | 摩洛哥 西班牙 埃塞俄比亚 |
[33:22] | Dreaming that someday I would go to those places, | 梦想着某一天可以到达这些地方 |
[33:25] | like a wayfarer, | 作为一名旅客 |
[33:28] | A traveler, | 一名行者 |
[33:31] | A vagabond. | 一名浪子 |
[33:35] | I want to be free, George. | 我想要自由 乔治 |
[33:37] | To be a vagabond of the air. | 我想浪迹天涯 |
[33:44] | I’ll help you get there. | 我会助你一臂之力 |
[34:19] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[34:22] | Hello! | 你们好 |
[34:27] | Give me the camera. | 给我摄像机 |
[34:51] | I am on my shining adventure, flying the world: | 我在进行着我的华丽冒险 飞遍世界 |
[34:58] | No borders, just horizons. | 无边无界 唯有地平线 |
[35:02] | Only freedom. | 唯有自由 |
[35:45] | 拉伊 纽约州 1931 | |
[35:47] | Dear G.P: | 亲爱的乔 |
[35:49] | You must know again my reluctance to marry, | 我必须重申我对于婚姻的勉强 |
[35:52] | My feeling that I shatter thereby my life in flying, | 我感觉我的生命会因飞行而逝去 |
[35:56] | which means so much to me. | 但飞行对我亦如生命同样重要 |
[35:59] | In this connection, I may have to keep some place | 因此 我需要保留心中的某些角落 |
[36:01] | where I can go to be myself now and then, | 让自己保持真我 |
[36:05] | for I cannot guarantee to endure at all | 我将不能允诺忍耐各种限制 |
[36:07] | the confinements of even an attractive cage. | 即便那是一个华丽的牢笼 |
[36:35] | In our life together, | 在我们的共同生活中 |
[36:38] | I shall not hold you to any medieval code of faithfulness to me | 我将不要求你对我恪守旧式的忠诚约束 |
[36:43] | Nor shall I consider myself bound to you similarly. | 同样不要把我这样约束 |
[36:48] | I must exact a cruel promise. | 我不得不强求一个允诺 |
[36:53] | And that is, you will let me go in a year | 这就是 当我们的幸福不再时 |
[36:55] | if we find no happiness together. | 请放我离开 |
[37:01] | Only you, my dear Amelia, | 只有你 我亲爱的艾米莉亚 |
[37:04] | could say those brutal words to me | 能对我说出那么残忍的话 |
[37:10] | and still have me wanting to be with you. | 还令我依然想和你在一起 |
[37:17] | Forever. | 永远在一起 |
[37:22] | Amelia, do you promise to love, | 艾米莉亚 你可以对这个人承诺你的爱 |
[37:24] | honor and obey this man… | 尊敬 和服从… |
[37:26] | Excuse me, sir? | 抱歉 先生 |
[37:27] | May we take that back a bit, please? | 让我们退回刚才那里 好吗 |
[37:29] | Love, yes, if it’s warranted. | 爱 是的 如果需要担保的话 |
[37:31] | Honor, same thing. | 尊敬 同样的道理 |
[37:33] | Obey, I can’t promise that under any circumstances, | 服从 任何情况下我都不能允诺这一点 |
[37:35] | But the groom understands that. | 但是新郎能够理解 |
[37:37] | Please remove “Obey” from the prayer, | 请把”服从”这个词从祈祷词中去掉 |
[37:39] | so we can wrap this up before the bride runs off. | 好让我们在新娘跑掉前完成仪式 |
[37:43] | I now pronounce you man and wife. | 我现在宣布你们结为夫妻 |
[38:24] | Announcing the first women’s air derby, | 我宣布下面将进行第一个女子飞行公开赛 |
[38:27] | racing from Santa Monica to Cleveland. | 赛程是圣莫尼卡到克利夫兰 |
[38:31] | Yeah, that’s fine. | 好了 拍照到此为止 |
[38:33] | What’s this we’re hearing? | 我们刚刚听见的是什么 |
[38:34] | Advance press release. The gentlemen who are running the derby | 新消息 组织公开赛的先生们 |
[38:36] | are about to announce the race has to end west of the Rockies. | 宣布终点改为落基山脉西沿 |
[38:40] | What? | 什么 |
[38:41] | That’s absurd, they’re cutting out half the route. | 这太荒谬了 他们缩短了一半赛程 |
[38:42] | What are they thinking? | 他们在想什么 |
[38:44] | They’re thinking that it would be bad press | 他们在想如果你们这些姑娘 |
[38:46] | when you girls start smashing into the Rocky Mountains. | 在洛基山脉上撞个粉碎 就太难看了 |
[38:48] | How dare they? I’m gonna have a word with these gentlemen. | 他们怎么敢 我要和这些先生们谈谈 |
[38:51] | Wait, wait, wait. No, no. | 等等 等等 不 不要去 |
[38:54] | Come here and walk with me. | 来这边和我走走 |
[38:56] | I think it would benefit women fliers | 我想如果艾米莉亚赢了这个比赛 |
[38:58] | everywhere if Amelia won the derby. | 对所有女飞行员都有好处 |
[39:01] | You know, the publicity would put the race and all of you | 你知道的 公众将会承认这个比赛 |
[39:04] | up there with the boys. | 而且将会把你们和男性飞行员放到同等地位上 |
[39:08] | Well, maybe I’ll win the race myself. | 那我也许应该自己来赢这个比赛 |
[39:10] | Well, you can’t win if | 是吗 你赢不了的 |
[39:11] | your plane doesn’t pass the final inspection. | 如果你的飞机没通过最终检查的话 |
[39:14] | and let me predict that it won’t. | 而我能预测到它通过不了 |
[39:22] | – Well, that’s a threat. – No. A prediction. | -你这是威胁 -不是 这是预测 |
[39:25] | Amelia’s the one who said I shouldn’t let anybody turn me around. | 是艾米莉亚告诉我不要随波逐流的 |
[39:28] | Yeah, she probably meant me. | 没错 她多半指的是我 |
[39:30] | Well, obviously she doesn’t see me as a threat. | 好吧 显然她没有视为为威胁 |
[39:32] | Oh, sure, she does. | 她当然有 |
[39:34] | She just doesn’t care. | 她只是不在乎 |
[39:36] | Hey, Gladys! | 嘿 格拉迪斯 |
[39:38] | I let the boys in charge know, in no uncertain terms. | 我和负责人谈了 不能随便改动 |
[39:41] | We’re not changing our route! | 我们的比赛路线不变 |
[39:43] | We’ll sail over those mountains like we’re eagles. | 我们将像鹰一样飞越那些山脉 |
[39:46] | I’m an intensely loyal person, Elinor. | 我是一个相当认真的人 艾琳诺尔 |
[39:49] | This is what my loyalty requires. | 而这是我认真的要求 |
[39:51] | Lady Lindy herself, Amelia Earhart! | 传说中的女版林迪 艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特 |
[39:56] | Clear! | 让开 |
[40:01] | Amelia Earhart organizes a competition for women pilots. | 艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特组织了一场女飞行员比赛 |
[40:07] | Nine cities in nine days. | 9天9个城市 |
[40:10] | Tragedy strikes, and there are crashes along the way. | 惨剧时有发生 一路上都有飞机坠毁 |
[40:18] | The race continues. | 比赛还是进行着 |
[40:19] | Thousands plan to be on hand to witness those who make it | 数千人等待着见证冠军的产生 |
[40:23] | as they approach the finish line. | 等待着她们冲过终点的那一刻 |
[40:28] | Here they come, folks. | 她们来了 各位 |
[40:29] | In first place, Louise Thaden from Bentonville, Arkansas! | 第一名 阿肯色州班多维尔的路易斯・坦顿 |
[40:41] | In second place, Gladys O’Donnell from Long Beach, California: | 第二名 加州长滩的格拉迪斯・欧当奈 |
[40:48] | Third place goes to Amelia Earhart, Atchison, Kansas! | 第三名 堪萨斯州艾奇逊的艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特 |
[40:57] | How does it feel to finish third? | 得第三名的感觉怎么样 |
[40:59] | A victory for any woman flier is a victory for me. | 任何一位女飞行员的胜利就是我的胜利 |
[41:03] | I’d like to add my congratulations to Louise Thaden | 我要向路易斯・坦顿送上我的道贺 |
[41:06] | and announce that we have formed an organization | 同时我要宣布我们将建立一个机构 |
[41:09] | to promote women in aviation: | 发扬女子飞行事业 |
[41:12] | Ninety-nine women pilots have applied, | 我们有99位女士申请 |
[41:15] | so we’re calling it the ninety-nines, | 所以我们将称其为”99″ |
[41:19] | and we’re going to fly forever! | 我们将永远飞下去 |
[41:27] | George? | 乔治 |
[41:29] | – I’ve been thinking. – Yes? | -我在考虑 -什么 |
[41:31] | I want to fly the Atlantic. | 我想飞越大西洋 |
[41:33] | You already have. | 你已经做到了 |
[41:34] | As a passenger. It doesn’t count. | 作为一名旅客 那不算数 |
[41:38] | I want to fly it solo. | 我想独自飞一回 |
[41:44] | It’s been five years since Lindbergh, | 在林德伯后 |
[41:48] | no one has made it solo. | 已经有5年没有人成功完成了 |
[41:52] | Fourteen have died trying. | 14人尝试失败而死亡 |
[41:58] | I’ll make it. I know I will. | 我会成功的 我知道我可以 |
[42:03] | And if you don’t? | 那假设你不成功呢 |
[42:07] | I’d rather face a watery grave | 我宁愿葬身鱼腹 |
[42:09] | than go on living as a fraud. | 也不愿意作为一个骗子而活着 |
[42:11] | What’s wrong with that? I’ve been very successful at it. | 骗子怎么了 我可曾经是一个成功的骗子 |
[42:18] | Amelia Earhart demonstrates | 艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特证明过 |
[42:20] | her flying prowess and adventurous spirit, | 她的飞行实力和冒险精神 |
[42:24] | and now she is set to climb to new heights | 而现在她要攀越到一个新高度 |
[42:27] | on her second attempt to cross the atlantic. | 她将再次挑战飞越大西洋 |
[42:30] | No more a passenger, this time Miss Earhart will do it alone. | 不再做乘客 埃尔哈特小姐将独自完成这次飞行 |
[42:50] | Still sleepy? | 还困吗 |
[42:53] | Well, I’ll nap on the way. | 我会在路上小睡一会 |
[42:57] | Good news about flying solo, no one making noise. | 独自飞行的好处就是 没人制造噪声 |
[43:02] | Do you have money? | 你带钱了吗 |
[43:04] | No. | 没有 |
[43:11] | A whole 20? | 一张20块 |
[43:14] | I spent our money on ocean liner passage. | 我把我们的钱花在定期行轮上了 |
[43:17] | Going to bring you back. | 我坐那个过去带你回家 |
[43:21] | It’s non-refundable. | 那是不能退款的 |
[43:25] | Please do your part. | 你用这个买自己的票 |
[43:29] | I will. | 我会的 |
[43:38] | Well, see you. | 好吧 再会 |
[43:47] | Please clear the runway for takeoff. | 请为起飞撤清跑道 |
[43:54] | See you. | 再会 |
[43:59] | Presently all clear over the Atlantic, | 目前大西洋天气良好 |
[44:02] | Keeping an eye on a storm system south of the route. | 请密切留意航线南侧的暴风雨云层 |
[44:06] | It was a night of stars, of tropic loveliness. | 那是一个满天星斗之夜 回归线上可爱的星斗闪烁 |
[44:11] | Stars hung outside my cockpit window near enough to touch. | 它们就挂在我的驾驶舱窗外 近乎伸手即得 |
[45:10] | If Lindbergh did it, you can do it. | 林德伯能做到 我也能 |
[45:28] | No sign of Miss Earhart yet, Mr Putnam, sir: | 还没有埃尔哈特小姐的消息 帕特南先生 |
[45:30] | If she’s on course, | 如果她在预定航线上 |
[45:32] | the moon should be with her the rest of the way. | 月光会照亮她后面的行程的 |
[45:34] | Weather updates are coming in every quarter-hour from Kemble. | 克姆贝尔将会每15分钟更新一次天气情况 |
[46:27] | Le bourget airport, France. | 这里是法国布尔热机场 |
[46:29] | A galaxy of press, well-wishers and ambassadors alike | 媒体 祝福者们和大使们聚集在巴黎 |
[46:32] | has gathered here in Paris in anticipation of the historic moment | 来见证这历史性的时刻 |
[46:35] | When Amelia Earhart will | 和林德伯多年前那同样的时刻 |
[46:37] | touch down where Lindbergh did years ago. | 艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特降落的时刻 |
[46:39] | The world waits with bated breath | 世界正屏住呼吸 |
[46:41] | as Amelia flies solo across the Atlantic Ocean. | 等待着艾米莉亚独自飞越大西洋成功的时刻 |
[47:50] | – Jimmy, look at that there. – What do you see? | -吉米 看那里 -你看那是什么 |
[48:27] | Excuse me, sir. | 打扰一下 先生 |
[48:28] | Where am I? | 我这是在哪里 |
[48:31] | In Gallagher’s pasture. | 在格拉格尔的牧场 |
[48:34] | Where are you supposed to be? | 你本来想停在哪里 |
[48:36] | When I left, I was aiming for Paris. | 我离开时 预计降落在巴黎 |
[48:41] | You missed, | 要知道 |
[48:41] | you know. | 你错过了 |
[48:43] | It’s over there. | 巴黎在那边 |
[48:47] | Well, hello, sheep! | 你好 小绵羊 |
[48:52] | Yes. | 是我 |
[48:53] | Miss Earhart has arrived safely, sir. | 埃尔哈特小姐安全降落了 先生 |
[48:55] | She’s landed in Ireland: | 她降落在了爱尔兰 |
[48:57] | Wonderful. Wonderful news! | 太好了 真是好消息 |
[48:59] | 埃尔哈特成功了 | |
[49:00] | Journey’s end. | 旅程结束 |
[49:02] | Here she is, safe and sound on a farm in Ireland | 她安然无恙地降落在爱尔兰的一个农场上 |
[49:05] | having just completed the | 完成了历史上 |
[49:07] | first flight by a woman across the Atlantic. | 女性飞行员第一次飞越大西洋 |
[49:09] | And there’s the little plane in which she’s broken all records. | 她和她的小飞机打破了所有记录 |
[49:20] | Well done. Well done. | 干的好 干得好 |
[49:47] | Action! | 开拍 |
[49:50] | You’re on vacation with Amelia Earhart Luggage. | 陪你踏上旅途的是艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特牌皮箱 |
[49:54] | Travel the Nile, moonlight… | 去尼罗河旅行 月光… |
[50:00] | I’m sorry, I can’t say this. | 抱歉 我说不好这个 |
[50:06] | I try to put the freedom that is flying into my clothes! | 我试着把自由”飞”入我的衣服 |
[50:11] | 艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特系列服饰 | |
[50:16] | Eastman Kodak Cameras. | 伊斯门・柯达相机 |
[50:18] | Travel the world, save your memories. | 游遍世界 留住回忆 |
[50:30] | The second person to fly the Atlantic solo, | 世界第二个独自飞越大西洋的人 |
[50:33] | – And the first one to fly it twice. -Standing room only, good. | -并且飞越两次的第一人 -座无虚席 很好 |
[50:37] | Fourteen hours and 54 minutes. | 14小时54分钟的旅程 |
[50:40] | Are you staying for this? | 你会在这里陪着我吗 |
[50:42] | No, I can’t. | 不 我不能 |
[50:44] | I gotta meet the features editor at the Post | 我得去见邮报的专题编辑 |
[50:46] | and then organize that photo shoot for the new luggage line. | 之后安排新款皮箱的海报拍摄 |
[50:50] | What’s wrong with you today? | 你今天怎么了 |
[50:51] | Here I am jumping through hoops | 我现在就像 |
[50:53] | like a white horse in the circus. | 马戏团里要跳圈的白马 |
[50:54] | That’s what’s wrong. | 就是我怎么了 |
[50:57] | The only way that we can finance your flying | 为你的飞行筹钱的唯一方法就是 |
[51:00] | is to make enough money to finance your flying. | 赚足够的钱来为你的飞行做准备 |
[51:02] | Amelia Earhart! | 有请艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特 |
[51:05] | Go on out there. | 走出去继续吧 |
[51:20] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[51:24] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢各位 |
[51:32] | Oh. Please! Miss Earhart? An autograph, please. | 这里 埃尔哈特小姐 请签个名吧 |
[51:36] | Miss Earhart, please. | 埃尔哈特小姐 这里 |
[51:37] | Miss Earhart? | 埃尔哈特小姐 |
[51:41] | – What’s your name? – Gore. | -你叫什么名字 -高尔 |
[51:43] | That’s an unusual name. | 这可是个不寻常的名字 |
[51:45] | I know. I don’t much like it. | 我知道 我不是很喜欢 |
[51:47] | We blame his mother. | 我们把错归于她妈妈 |
[51:48] | She was a gore, roots going back to colonial times. | 她执着于怀旧着殖民地时期 |
[51:51] | Hello. | 你好 |
[51:55] | God, do I have to wade through that? | 天哪 我一定要挤过去吗 |
[51:56] | You will have two Vidal men to protect you. You’ll be fine. | 你有两个维戴尔家的男人保护你 你会没事的 |
[51:59] | You are so much prettier than your pictures. | 你比照片上看起来漂亮多了 |
[52:01] | Well, thank you, but that… | 谢谢你 但… |
[52:03] | Have you heard from Lindbergh? What did he say? | 您见过林德伯了吗 他说什么来着 |
[52:05] | “Well done. “ | 好样的 |
[52:06] | Are you gonna write another book? | 您打算再写本书吗 |
[52:08] | Yes, if my husband has anything to say about it. | 是的 如果我丈夫有这个意向的话 |
[52:10] | Take my hand. | 拉住我的手 |
[52:11] | Come on, Gore. Let’s you and I | 高尔 我们要 |
[52:13] | lead miss Earhart to safety. | 把埃尔哈特女士送到安全的地方 |
[52:32] | You know, that woman was right. | 那个女人说得对 |
[52:34] | excuse me? – I felt the same way when I first met you. | 你说什么 -初次见你我也这样觉得 |
[52:37] | You are much prettier than your pictures. | 你本人比照片上更漂亮 |
[52:44] | It all seems rather silly | 看着车外面的人 |
[52:46] | considering what’s happening out there. | 那些男人 那些家庭 |
[52:48] | Those men, all those families. | 我觉得很荒谬 |
[52:52] | Why have I been given so much? | 为什么是我拥有那么多 |
[52:56] | You’ve earned the spotlight. Enjoy it. | 这是你应得的 好好享受吧 |
[52:59] | You’ll be fine. Just hold on to yourself. | 你会没事的 只要坚持做你自己就好 |
[53:03] | I’m not sure who that is anymore. | 我已经不确定我自己是谁了 |
[53:05] | She’s that girl from kansas who says “Hooey. “ | 她来自堪萨斯 会说”瞎话儿” |
[53:17] | 美国新改变 | |
[53:20] | 埃尔哈特 全国大萧条中的一线希望 | |
[53:25] | 艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特征服太平洋 | |
[53:27] | 首次单人飞越夏威夷和加利福尼亚 | |
[53:30] | 埃尔哈特小姐强调男女平等 | |
[53:32] | 埃尔哈特小姐在南汉普顿和伦敦受到热烈欢迎 | |
[53:34] | 艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特参加周三早餐会 | |
[53:37] | 飞上蓝天 首位女飞行员强调性别 | |
[53:41] | Distinguished dignitaries from every corner of the world, | 来自世界各地的尊敬的嘉宾们 |
[53:44] | Please rise and welcome | 请起立欢迎 |
[53:45] | Miss Amelia Earhart, | 艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特女士 |
[53:48] | Honored guest of president | 罗斯福总统及 |
[53:50] | roosevelt and the League of American Pilots: | 美国飞行员联盟的贵客 |
[53:53] | I’d like to toast a world-class pilot | 我要为世界级的女飞行员敬杯酒 |
[53:55] | Who, at age 15, became | 她15岁就成为了 |
[53:57] | the youngest woman in the world to fly solo. | 全世界最年轻的单人驾驶员 |
[54:00] | This year, she’s recognized as woman pilot of the year. | 今年 她当选为年度最佳飞行员 |
[54:04] | Here’s to Elinor Smith, | 敬艾琳诺尔・史密斯 |
[54:07] | an inspiration to us all. | 你鼓舞了我们所有人 |
[54:11] | Your husband encourages you to fly across the Atlantic. | 你丈夫鼓励你飞跃大西洋 |
[54:14] | My husband wouldn’t want me to fly to N Street. | 而我丈夫 确连我飞到N大街也不愿意 |
[54:18] | So, he hasn’t actually forbidden you? | 实际上他并没有限制你 是吧 |
[54:21] | Franklin doesn’t forbid. | 弗兰克林没有限制我 |
[54:24] | He just feels it’s a waste of my valuable time to learn | 他只是觉得学飞行是在我浪费宝贵的时间 |
[54:27] | Since I can’t afford to buy a plane. | 因为我根本买不起飞机 |
[54:30] | The wrong roosevelt got elected. | 您才该去当选总统 |
[54:34] | I did ask about aviation, | 我问过他制造飞机部的事 |
[54:36] | but he hasn’t decided on the structure yet. | 但他还没决定怎么组建它 |
[54:40] | It might be under the bureau of commerce. | 飞机制造部可能归商业部管 |
[54:42] | I think the structure may be | 我觉得 谁来当这个部长 |
[54:44] | less important than the man chosen to run it. | 倒是比部门的组建更重要 |
[54:47] | I’m sorry, my hearing’s failing. | 对不起 我耳朵不好使 |
[54:49] | I missed the words “Or woman”? | 你没打算让女人来做吗 |
[54:52] | This may be one of those rare instances | 这可能很罕见 |
[54:54] | When the most accomplished candidate turns out to be male. | 不过最有才华的候选人是个男的 |
[54:57] | Is it a name I know? | 我知道他吗 |
[55:00] | Gene Vidal. | 金・维戴尔 |
[55:02] | I love finding the exception that proves the rule. | 我喜欢寻找证明常规的特例 |
[55:06] | How do you feel about flying at night? | 想不想知道晚上飞行是什么感觉 |
[55:17] | Whoa! There we are, ladies and gentlemen, champagne. | 先生们 女士们 请喝香槟酒 |
[55:20] | Champagne to toast the first lady. | 让我们为第一夫人干杯 |
[55:30] | Put your hands on the wheel! | 把手放在方向盘上 |
[55:33] | It’s dual controls. No one’ll ever know. | 这是双向控制的 没人会知道 |
[55:39] | And now, ladies and gentlemen, I would like to toast to you! | 先生们 女士们 我也要敬你们一杯 |
[55:46] | Oh. Dear god! | 这太棒了 |
[56:00] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[56:09] | Well, I shall never, ever forget this night. | 我永远也不会忘记今晚的 |
[56:14] | She seems quite taken with you. | 她看上去很喜欢你 |
[56:15] | And vice-versa. | 我也喜欢她 |
[56:17] | Then again, lots of people are quite taken with you. | 许多人都很喜欢你 |
[56:22] | If you’re referring to Gene, as I know you are, | 我知道你是在说金 |
[56:25] | I was able to get a word in for him, | 我向她提了一下 |
[56:27] | To head the aeronautics branch. | 让他当航空部部长 |
[56:29] | How did it go? | 她怎么说 |
[56:30] | It’s her husband’s decision, but I’m hopeful. | 这得她老公说了算 但我觉得希望很大 |
[56:33] | Gene is so fortunate to have you in his corner, Amelia. | 金真幸运 有你帮他 |
[56:37] | He’ll help me and I’m helping him. | 我现在帮他 他以后帮我 |
[57:36] | Transcontinental was too ambitious. | 跨州飞行 对女人来说 |
[57:38] | Too many hops, too tough on the ladies. | 抱负太大 航程太长 航行太累 |
[57:41] | But the shuttle, Washington, New York, Boston, | 但是短途航线 华盛顿 纽约 波士顿 |
[57:44] | We think it’s the future. | 我们觉得很有前景 |
[57:47] | Will you go there with us? | 您会和我们一起去吗 |
[57:49] | What on earth would you need me for? | 我去干什么 |
[57:51] | You’re the most famous woman in America, that’s what for. | 就因为您是全美国最出名的女人 |
[57:56] | You know, I can see it now. | 我现在都能想见到 |
[57:57] | You on the poster with Gene, | 你和金一起上海报的样子 |
[57:59] | A legendary athlete at West Point, | 他可是西点军校的传奇运动员 |
[58:01] | Two events at the Olympics, | 参加过两届奥林匹克运动会 |
[58:03] | A top pilot who’s gonna be | 顶尖的飞行员 |
[58:04] | running the skies for roosevelt when he wins. | 将在罗斯福总统就职后为其服务 |
[58:05] | Thanks, Paul. I think you’ve even talked me out of it. | 谢了 保罗 你说得我都心动了 |
[58:37] | May I ask you a question? | 我能问个问题吗 |
[58:37] | That woman over there. | 那边的那个女人 |
[58:40] | She’s beautiful. | 她真漂亮 |
[58:45] | You’re the only woman I | 你是我认识的唯一一个 |
[58:46] | know who points out other beautiful women. | 会夸其他女人漂亮的女人 |
[58:50] | Lovely legs, | 修长的美腿 |
[58:53] | Unlike mine. | 不像我 |
[58:55] | No, I’m sure that’s not true. | 我可不觉得 |
[58:57] | That’s why you wear trousers? | 所以你才穿裤子 |
[59:00] | No. | 不会 |
[59:02] | And all this while I | 我一直以为 |
[59:03] | thought you just wanted to be one of the boys. | 你想像男人一样 |
[59:06] | I may have, at one time, but not anymore. | 以前是 但现在不是了 |
[59:29] | Was that Amelia Earhart? | 那个是不是艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特 |
[59:30] | Sixth floor, please. | 六楼 谢谢 |
[1:00:56] | Gore! | 高尔 |
[1:01:01] | I couldn’t wait for your visit this weekend. | 我一直在期待你们周末的来访 |
[1:01:07] | Lewis. Lewis. | 刘易斯 刘易斯 |
[1:01:12] | Help! Tiger, tiger! | 救命 有老虎 有老虎 |
[1:01:15] | Ah. The wallpaper. | 那里的墙纸 |
[1:01:21] | Coming, Gore. | 我来了 高尔 |
[1:01:26] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[1:01:29] | Do you know why I papered this room like this? | 你知道我为什么要选这种墙纸吗 |
[1:01:33] | No. But I wish you hadn’t. | 不知道 但是我希望当初你没选它 |
[1:01:38] | It’s because I’m very, very afraid of jungles. | 因为我很害怕丛林 |
[1:01:43] | So, when I find myself worrying about it, | 所以 每当我害怕的时候 |
[1:01:46] | I test my courage by coming into this room | 我就跑到这间屋子来练胆 |
[1:01:51] | and pretending I’m in the deepest, | 想象自己在非洲丛林的最深处 |
[1:01:53] | darkest part of Africa. | 最黑暗的地方 |
[1:01:55] | in a jungle so thick, I can’t even see the sky above: | 丛林的树木很茂密 抬头都看不到天 |
[1:02:00] | And I start to feel better right away | 然后我立刻就感觉好些了 |
[1:02:04] | Because I looked my fear right in the face. | 因为我直面了我的恐惧 |
[1:02:17] | Miss Earhart? | 埃尔哈特女士 |
[1:02:19] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[1:02:21] | Could you please marry my father? | 您能嫁给我爸爸吗 |
[1:02:24] | Then I’ll never be afraid of anything ever again. | 这样我以后就什么都不怕了 |
[1:02:29] | I’m already married to Mr. Putnam. | 我已经嫁给帕特南先生了 |
[1:02:31] | Why can’t you be married to Mr. Putnam | 你为什么不能既嫁给帕特南先生 |
[1:02:33] | and my father? | 又嫁给我爸爸呢 |
[1:02:39] | I put together one month in Europe. | 我要在欧洲待了一个月 |
[1:02:42] | Had to close some foreign licensing deals, open new markets. | 结束一些酒品的生意 开拓新的市场 |
[1:02:45] | When are you leaving? | 什么时候走 |
[1:02:46] | Well, the thing is, I’d like you to come. | 事实上 我想你跟我一起去 |
[1:02:49] | I don’t see how I could. | 我不能 |
[1:02:51] | Well, I’ve already spoken to the promoters. | 我已经和协办人说好了 |
[1:02:53] | They’re willing to switch some of the lecture dates, | 他们愿意改变一些演讲的日程安排 |
[1:02:55] | just for us. | 为了我们 |
[1:02:55] | Well, it’s not just that. | 不只是演讲的问题 |
[1:02:57] | There’s my work on the shuttle. | 我还有短途航线的工作要做 |
[1:03:00] | I’ve just started as Gene’s consultant at the aeronautics branch. | 我刚成为航空部的顾问 |
[1:03:07] | Normally I’d be worried about leaving you here alone, | 正常情况下 把你一个人留下我不放心 |
[1:03:09] | But I suppose that won’t be a problem, will it? | 但是现在 我认为我不用担心了 |
[1:03:14] | What are you trying to say? | 你想说什么 |
[1:03:21] | Gene, here in our house, | 金 现在就在我们家里 |
[1:03:23] | when I am here, | 我在家的时候是一回事 |
[1:03:24] | Is one thing. When I am not here, | 可我不在了呢 |
[1:03:30] | – I can’t have it. – I understand. | -我不敢想 -我理解 |
[1:03:32] | I can’t have it. | 我不敢想 |
[1:04:05] | 卡拉奇 巴基斯坦 剩余13888英里 | |
[1:04:39] | Hello? | 你好 |
[1:04:44] | I found something you’d written. | 我找到一些你写的东西 |
[1:04:48] | Quite beautiful. | 很美 |
[1:04:51] | To touch your hand and see your face | 能与你牵手 能看到你的面容 |
[1:04:54] | today is joy. | 今天我就是快乐的 |
[1:04:58] | 洛杉矶 1934 | |
[1:04:58] | Your casual presence in a room recalls the stars | 你在房间里随意走动 让我想起了 |
[1:05:03] | That watched us as we lay. | 我们卧倒时�t望我们的星星 |
[1:05:07] | I mark you in the moving crowd and see again those stars | 我在人群中看见你 又看见了那些星星 |
[1:05:13] | A warm night lent us long ago. | 很久以前 那个温暖的夜晚 |
[1:05:15] | We loved so then, we love so now. | 我们相爱了 直到现在 |
[1:05:20] | Thank you so much for writing that: | 谢谢你写了这首诗 |
[1:05:25] | Even though I’d never seen it. | 虽然我从来都没发现 |
[1:05:31] | At the time, I… | 当时 我 |
[1:05:35] | George? | 乔治 |
[1:05:53] | George. | 乔治 |
[1:06:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:06:12] | How are you? | 你还好吗 |
[1:06:18] | I wondered if you were avoiding me a little or… | 我觉得你在逃避我 |
[1:06:20] | Just very, very busy. | 我只是很忙 非常忙 |
[1:06:26] | I’m leaving for Indiana. | 我要去印第安纳 |
[1:06:28] | Edward Elliott of Purdue wants | 珀杜大学的爱德华・伊利尔特 |
[1:06:30] | me to build a Women’s Careers Department there. | 想让我在那儿建立一个妇女事业部 |
[1:06:32] | That’s a wonderful idea, especially now. | 这是个好主意 尤其是当下 |
[1:06:35] | What’s special about now? | 当下有什么特别的 |
[1:06:37] | You don’t read the papers? | 你不看报纸吗 |
[1:06:39] | Not unless someone makes me. | 除非别人强迫我看 |
[1:06:40] | Well, someone should. | 是应该有人这么做 |
[1:06:42] | They’re all saying you took recklessly dangerous solo flights | 他们都说你不畏艰险架机飞行 |
[1:06:44] | For no earthly purpose other than publicity, meaning money. | 只是为了出名 为了钱 |
[1:06:48] | They also harp on a growing | 他们还列出了你打广告的商品 |
[1:06:50] | list of products you commercially endorse. | 数量在不断增加 |
[1:06:52] | How thoughtless of me to be doing all this in a society | 要是这个社会人人都不想赚钱 |
[1:06:54] | Where no one else is interested | 不关心自己公司的生意 |
[1:06:56] | in making money, present company included. | 我又怎么会这么做 |
[1:06:58] | People viewing you as Lady Lindy, | 大家把你当做女版林迪 |
[1:07:00] | America’s sweetheart of the skies, | 美国天空的甜心宝贝 |
[1:07:02] | The wife, mother, | 一个好妻子 好母亲 |
[1:07:03] | daughter they all wish they’d had, | 好女儿 他们都希望自己没看错 |
[1:07:05] | would be helpful. | 这样他们才觉得生活有希望 |
[1:07:07] | Thanks for the tip. | 谢谢你的忠告 |
[1:07:08] | Thanks for not being defensive. | 谢谢你没有为自己辩护 |
[1:07:17] | I’ve decided I’m resigning | 我决定辞退 |
[1:07:19] | as your consultant at the aeronautics branch. | 航空部顾问的职位 |
[1:07:22] | The public linking of our | 公众会认为我们有私情 |
[1:07:23] | names does more harm to that image of mine | 这比其他所有事加起来 |
[1:07:25] | Than everything else put together. | 更有损我的名声 |
[1:07:27] | And you, of all people, should know that whatever I do, | 不管其他人怎么看 你是知道的 |
[1:07:31] | I do so that I can fly. | 我做这一切都是因为我想飞 |
[1:07:34] | And I want to fly that beautiful bird as far as it will take me. | 我想让飞机带着我飞到最远的地方 |
[1:07:40] | I’m going to fly around the world, Gene. | 我要环游地球 金 |
[1:07:44] | It can’t be done. | 这是不可能做到的 |
[1:07:45] | Well, I’m going to try. | 我要试试 |
[1:07:50] | And I’m going home. | 我要回家了 |
[1:07:53] | To George. | 回到乔治身边 |
[1:07:58] | You can’t mean that. | 你不是认真的 |
[1:08:54] | Race you to New York City. | 看谁先跑到纽约 |
[1:09:03] | Well, are you going to tell me your surprise, | 可以告诉我你的惊喜了吗 |
[1:09:05] | or do I need to be physical? | 我要不要做身体上的准备 |
[1:09:07] | Boy, that’s exactly what I want. | 我就是这个意思 |
[1:09:13] | Come on, G.P., tell me. | 乔 快点告诉我 |
[1:09:17] | If you’re serious about this flying-around-the-world nonsense, | 如果你真的想环球飞 |
[1:09:20] | Then it might be handy to have a plane to fly in. | 最好还是要有架飞机来飞 |
[1:09:23] | Except it would have to be an Electra, and they cost… | 除非是架伊莱特拉 这就要花 |
[1:09:25] | $36,000, | 洛克希德公司打了大折扣 |
[1:09:28] | after a generous discount from Lockheed. | 也需要3万6千美元 |
[1:09:29] | It may as well be a billion. | 它干脆要价10亿好了 |
[1:09:31] | Not to mention at least another $36,000 | 更不用说至少还需要3万6 |
[1:09:34] | To have it modified and ready. | 给飞机做维修保养 |
[1:09:36] | And your surprise is you robbed a bank? | 你给我的惊喜就是你抢银行了 |
[1:09:40] | No, actually, a university. | 不 实际上 是大学 |
[1:09:44] | I persuaded Ed Elliott to create | 我说服爱德・伊利尔特成立了一个 |
[1:09:47] | an Amelia Earhart fund | 艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特基金 |
[1:09:50] | for aeronautical research at Purdue. | 用于珀杜大学的航天研究 |
[1:09:51] | I suggested a budget amount of $80,000 | 我提议了用8万的预算 |
[1:09:56] | For a suitable flying laboratory. | 建立一个飞行实验室 |
[1:10:00] | The Electra? | 伊莱特拉 |
[1:10:06] | Your Electra, Amelia. | 你的伊莱特拉 |
[1:10:09] | George! | 乔治 |
[1:10:15] | Well, there is one thing. The | 但是有个条件 |
[1:10:17] | trustees and the donors, they have to be on board also. | 信托人和捐赠人 都会在飞机上 |
[1:10:20] | Well, that’s my job. I’ll do a series of lectures… | 这是我的工作 我会做一系列的演讲 |
[1:10:23] | No, there will be no more horses, | 我的艾米莉亚 |
[1:10:26] | no more hoops, for my Amelia. | 不再需要四处奔走表演 |
[1:10:28] | Thank you, George. | 谢谢你 乔治 |
[1:10:32] | Even if you don’t care if she lives or dies, | 就算你不在乎她的生死 |
[1:10:34] | You know her death will not be a plus for aviation women, | 你也知道她的死也不会给女飞行员 |
[1:10:37] | Or your next campaign. | 或者是你的下次竞选添彩 |
[1:10:38] | What if she doesn’t die? | 如果她没死呢 |
[1:10:40] | What if she just circumnavigates | 如果她可以环游全球呢 |
[1:10:42] | the globe and it’s a plus for everyone? | 那她就给每一个人都争光了 |
[1:10:45] | The closest land west of | 离夏威夷岛西边最近的岛屿 |
[1:10:46] | hawaii is beyond the range of the Electra. | 超出了伊莱特拉的飞行最大航程 |
[1:10:48] | She’ll refuel in the air. | 她必须在空中加油 |
[1:10:49] | She doesn’t have the flying skills. | 她没有那种飞行技术 |
[1:10:51] | She’s taking bigger risks. | 她要冒更大的险 |
[1:10:52] | Yes. I’m aware of that. Don’t be so proud of it. | 是的 我知道的 别太骄傲了 |
[1:10:54] | I understand the danger, fellas. | 我知道我要面临的危险 伙计们 |
[1:10:56] | I’ve studied the route. What have you come up with? | 我研究过路线 你们有什么想法吗 |
[1:11:04] | This is Howland Island. | 这是豪兰岛 |
[1:11:06] | It’s halfway between Honolulu and New Guinea. | 它位于火奴鲁鲁和新几内亚之间 |
[1:11:09] | It has no elevation, no trees, | 这个岛没有高地 没有树林 |
[1:11:11] | Hardly anyone knows or cares that it exists. | 几乎没人知道它 也不关心它是否存在 |
[1:11:14] | It would be almost impossible to spot from the air. | 从空中几乎不可能看到它 |
[1:11:18] | It’s really tiny, like a | 它非常小 |
[1:11:19] | grain of sand in a thousand miles of nowhere. | 就像千里荒地中的一粒沙 |
[1:11:22] | If you miss this island, | 如果你错过了这个岛 |
[1:11:24] | you’re out of fuel with 2,000 miles to go. | 你要在没燃料的情况下飞2000里 |
[1:11:27] | But I’ll have Fred Noonan, | 但我有弗莱德・努南 |
[1:11:29] | the best celestial navigator around. | 他是最好的天体导航仪 |
[1:11:31] | In fact, she’s taking Fred along for the whole trip. | 事实上 全程她都将和弗莱德一起飞行 |
[1:11:33] | Giving up my little arrogance about solo. | 放弃单飞的骄傲 |
[1:11:36] | Safety first, yes? | 安全第一 |
[1:11:42] | You’ve always had Amelia’s best interest at heart. | 您总是把艾米莉亚看得很重 |
[1:11:45] | And for that, we’re both grateful. | 这点上 我们都很感激你 |
[1:11:48] | Stay for supper? | 要一起吃晚饭吗 |
[1:11:51] | I’d like to, but I’d better be getting back. | 我很想 但我还是回去比较好 |
[1:11:55] | Please tell Gore hello for me. | 请代我问侯高尔 |
[1:11:59] | Give him this. He can track the time zones. | 把这个交给他 他可以用这个跟踪我走过的时区 |
[1:12:03] | He misses you. | 他很想你 |
[1:12:25] | He doesn’t understand, really. | 他不会明白的 |
[1:12:44] | Is the new gasket up to spec, Jim? | 这个新垫圈符合要求吗 吉姆 |
[1:12:46] | Everything’s good, Miss Earhart. | 一切都符合要求 埃尔哈特女士 |
[1:12:53] | Hello, Fred. | 你好 弗莱德 |
[1:12:54] | Ma’am. | 你好 |
[1:12:55] | – Good to see you. – and you. | -见到你真高兴 -我也是 |
[1:13:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:13:06] | Are we sizing me up? | 你在打量我吗 |
[1:13:13] | I’m told midair refueling would be beyond my abilities. | 他们告诉我 空中加油超出我能力范围 |
[1:13:16] | You have to put in time, | 你要把握好时间 |
[1:13:18] | learn the technique. | 还要学习加油技术 |
[1:13:19] | Even so, 20%, it works, | 即便如此 我们只有五分之一的成功率 |
[1:13:22] | 20%, you crash, | 五分之一的机率飞机相撞 |
[1:13:23] | 60%, you don’t get the fuel, | 还有五分之三的可能性加油不成功 |
[1:13:25] | so you’re cooked anyway. | 无论如何 你都玩儿完了 |
[1:13:30] | Better odds of hitting that island? | 如果着陆加油呢 |
[1:13:34] | How do you feel about 100%? | 那肯定玩儿完 |
[1:13:36] | Even with cloud cover? | 有云层也不行吗 |
[1:13:38] | Patnam told you I’m the | 帕特南他们有没有告诉你 |
[1:13:40] | best celestial navigator they’ve ever seen. | 我是他们见过的最好的天体导航仪 |
[1:13:42] | They did. | 他们告诉我了 |
[1:13:43] | Someone else told you I got a drinking problem. | 其他人告诉你我有酗酒的毛病 |
[1:13:47] | Which is a big part of why we’re here, right? | 这就是我们待在这儿的原因 是吧 |
[1:13:51] | Everyone I ever worked for will tell you, | 所有跟我共事过的人都会告诉你 |
[1:13:53] | Nothing’s interfered with my performance, not once. | 什么都不能干扰我的工作 一次都不行 |
[1:13:56] | We’d be looking for an island less than two miles long, | 我们将会在不到2里的距离内找一个岛 |
[1:13:59] | With nothing higher on it than 18 feet. | 岛不足18英尺高 |
[1:14:00] | That’s what you’d be looking for. | 那是你要找的 |
[1:14:02] | I’d be looking for coordinates on a map. | 我要找的是地图上的坐标 |
[1:14:07] | How can I lose? | 我肯定不会失败了 |
[1:14:13] | Amelia Earhart | 艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特 |
[1:14:15] | leaves Oakland for Honolulu, | 将从奥克兰出发 飞往火奴鲁鲁岛 |
[1:14:18] | Setting out on the most dangerous aeronautic feat ever attempted: | 即将开始史上最危险的一段飞行 |
[1:14:22] | To traverse the waistline of the world: | 沿赤道环游全球 |
[1:14:27] | 火奴鲁鲁 夏威夷 1937年4月20日 | |
[1:14:28] | How about a smile for the people back in the states? | 给美国人民一个笑脸怎么样 |
[1:14:30] | Miss Earhart, look this way. | 埃尔哈特女士 看这边 |
[1:14:39] | – Thank you. – thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[1:14:42] | Take care of her, Fred. | 照看好她 弗莱德 |
[1:14:44] | That’s great. Thanks. | 这太棒了 谢谢 |
[1:14:47] | One big one for the camera, Miss Amelia! | 对着镜头笑一个 艾米莉亚 |
[1:14:49] | You know, we’ve got so much | 我们的燃料太多了 |
[1:14:50] | fuel we can’t possibly get off the ground. | 要起飞几乎是不可能的 |
[1:14:52] | Much safer than flying. | 在地上总归安全些 |
[1:14:54] | Well, we’ll need enough for a third pass at Howland | 如果前两次我们都错过了豪兰岛 |
[1:14:57] | After you miss it the first couple times around. | 我们需要有足够的燃料尝试第三次 |
[1:15:00] | Good thinking. | 好主意 |
[1:15:01] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[1:15:04] | One more, please, Miss Earhart. | 再来一张 艾米莉亚女士 |
[1:15:07] | Right here, Amelia! | 看这里 艾米莉亚 |
[1:15:10] | Good luck, Fred! Good luck, Amelia! | 祝你们好运 弗莱德 艾米莉亚 |
[1:15:19] | Clear! | 就绪 |
[1:16:58] | No! | 不 |
[1:17:05] | You all right? | 你还好吗 |
[1:17:06] | Your reaction cutting the switch! You saved our ass! | 还好你反应快关了引擎 救了我们 |
[1:17:11] | Come on, Fred! | 快出来 弗莱德 |
[1:17:20] | Right engine, get the right engine! | 右引擎 检查右引擎 |
[1:17:22] | Hose on there, right underneath. | 管子朝这里 |
[1:17:24] | – We need tetrachloride here. – Hurry, Hurry. | -需要四氯化物灭火剂 -快点快点 |
[1:17:30] | Sam, make sure you get a picture of that. | 山姆 要确保都拍下来了 |
[1:17:32] | Make sure you get a good shot of their faces! | 注意拍他俩的表情 |
[1:17:39] | Turn her up. Okay, go. | 打开它 好的 打开 |
[1:17:52] | 环球飞行意外中止 | |
[1:17:55] | 女飞行员梦想遭遇灾难性打击 | |
[1:17:58] | 突然坠毁 齿轮是罪首 | |
[1:17:59] | 埃尔哈特的冷静拯救了机组人员性命 | |
[1:18:09] | I’ll make it good, G.P., I swear to you I will. | 我能做到的 乔 我发誓 |
[1:18:13] | I’ll make it back and more I promise | 我会恢复到比之前还好的状态 |
[1:18:15] | The book sales, the lectures, | 书的销量 讲座的收入 |
[1:18:17] | This flight will keep us going another three years. | 这次的收入够让我们过三年 |
[1:18:21] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[1:18:22] | No, it will, I promise. | 不 可以的 我保证 |
[1:18:26] | Our sales, our prices are going to double. | 销量及价格都会因这次事故而翻倍 |
[1:18:28] | This just showed them how dangerous it all is. | 因为这次事故恰恰说明了难度 |
[1:18:30] | They were taking it for granted. | 他们之前觉得理所当然 |
[1:18:31] | They thought I was competent. | 他们之前信任我的能力 |
[1:18:32] | Here. | 过来 |
[1:18:34] | I meant, maybe… | 我是说 也许… |
[1:18:39] | Maybe we can just stop it. | 也许我们可以不再飞了 |
[1:18:43] | You mean after? | 这次之后吗 |
[1:18:46] | Or even now. | 也许这次也别飞了 |
[1:18:52] | So my exit would be a stupid crash | 所以得我的事业以一场事故结束 |
[1:18:57] | and withdrawing from a world-publicized attempt | 在一次世人皆知 前所未有的挑战中 |
[1:19:00] | To finally do something no man had done before. | 选择放弃 败下阵来 |
[1:19:04] | It would ruin us in the bargain. | 舆论会毁了我们的 |
[1:19:06] | – Yes. – We’d have nothing. | -是的 -我们会变得一无所有 |
[1:19:07] | Mmm-hmm. It’s true. | 是啊 的确如此 |
[1:19:11] | And I’d be fine with that. | 我可以接受 |
[1:19:15] | That’s because you’re an idiot. | 那是因为你是傻瓜 |
[1:19:20] | Lucky for you. | 也是种幸运 |
[1:19:26] | And what if it’s not something I need to show the world? | 也许我并非为了证明给世人看 |
[1:19:31] | What if it’s something I need to show me? | 也许我需要证明给我自己看 |
[1:19:43] | I don’t really have a choice, I have to reverse the route. | 我别无选择 我得更改航线 |
[1:19:47] | I’d be facing hurricanes in the Caribbean, Monsoons in Africa. | 我得克服加勒比飓风和非洲季风 |
[1:19:50] | Yeah, but you’ll be flying Howland last. | 但你最后会飞到豪兰去 |
[1:19:53] | – When I’m most tired. – yeah. | -当我精疲力尽的时候 -是啊 |
[1:19:54] | So, I just won’t get tired. | 所以我要保持清醒 |
[1:19:59] | What’s the timetable on the plane? | 飞机的修理时间要多久 |
[1:20:02] | Three weeks. She’ll be good as new. | 三周后会和新的一样 |
[1:20:04] | We have a remarkable crew here. | 我们这有很棒的修理团队 |
[1:20:06] | – The best that money can… – money can buy. | -也是最贵 -最贵的队伍 |
[1:20:08] | …buy, yeah. | 是的 |
[1:20:10] | All the money wasted that’s never coming back. | 好多钱就这样付诸东流了 |
[1:20:12] | You cut the engines. | 你关闭了引擎 |
[1:20:13] | It would’ve cost a bundle more to replace a burnt-out plane. | 修理一架烧焦的飞机花的钱更多 |
[1:20:19] | Not to mention a burnt-up pilot. | 更重要的是你没事 |
[1:20:21] | I overreacted. | 当时我太紧张了 |
[1:20:22] | The plane was too heavy, I should’ve | 飞机太重了 |
[1:20:24] | used more rudder instead of the throttle. I… | 我应该用方向舵操作 不该踩油门 |
[1:20:26] | It’s only money. | 钱不是问题 |
[1:20:29] | We’ll figure this out. We always do. | 我们会找到出路的 一如既往 |
[1:20:51] | Have you considered, Miss Earhart, | 埃尔哈特小姐 你是否考虑过 |
[1:20:53] | that your enthusiasm as a pilot | 此次在夏威夷发生的事故 |
[1:20:55] | Outweighs your ability, | 也许说明了你对此次飞行 |
[1:20:56] | as demonstrated by the disaster in honolulu? | 心有余而力不足 |
[1:20:59] | People are saying that you’re reckless, | 有人评论你的行为很鲁莽 |
[1:21:01] | A better celebrity than pilot. | 说你是为了出名而非为了当飞行员 |
[1:21:03] | Enthusiastic? Yes. | 说我有激情吗 的确如此 |
[1:21:06] | Reckless? Not on your life. | 要说鲁莽 我从来不莽撞行事 |
[1:21:08] | I’m a flier pursuing my passion for the fun of it, that’s all. | 我是名飞行员 因为热爱所以飞翔 |
[1:21:14] | Thank you. A future flier! | 谢谢 未来的飞行员 |
[1:21:25] | You can do it, Amelia! | 你能成功的 艾米莉亚 |
[1:21:27] | Mr. Noonan, over here! Miss Earhart! | 努南先生 这里 埃尔哈特小姐 |
[1:21:28] | We love you, Amelia! | 我们都爱你 艾米莉亚 |
[1:21:39] | She will fly the world’s full circumference, | 她将环绕地球一圈 24,902英里 |
[1:21:41] | 24,902 miles, to travel across the south atlantic, | 并将横跨南太平洋 |
[1:21:46] | Crossing Africa, over India, and across the wide pacific | 飞越非洲大陆 印度及太平洋海域 |
[1:21:50] | After this ’round-the-world flight, miss earhart, | 埃尔哈特小姐 请问结束此次环球飞行后 |
[1:21:52] | Are you gonna give up long-distance flying? | 您会否停止长途飞行 |
[1:21:54] | Not while there’s still life left in me. | 只要还有一口气 我就会飞下去 |
[1:21:56] | Always ready for a new adventure. | 我会为新的挑战而做好准备 |
[1:21:58] | Great, great. | 好样的 好样的 |
[1:22:00] | Fred, you’re on. | 弗莱德 该你了 |
[1:22:01] | Hey, Fred, give us a big smile for the camera! | 嗨 弗莱德 对着镜头笑一笑 |
[1:22:16] | Come back to me. | 要回到我身边来 |
[1:22:18] | Always. | 我永远在你身边 |
[1:22:36] | Hurry up, come on! Hurry up! | 快点 快快 快点 |
[1:22:37] | Miss Earhart! Just one more picture, please! | 埃尔哈特小姐 请再多拍一张照 |
[1:22:39] | Just one more, please! | 就再来一张 拜托 |
[1:22:40] | Miss Earhart, over here! Miss Earhart! | 埃尔哈特小姐 这里 看这里 |
[1:22:52] | See you. | 再会 |
[1:23:24] | A fairyland of beauty lay below and above me | 被环绕在仙境般的风景中 |
[1:23:27] | So lovely as to distract | 让我总是走神 |
[1:23:28] | a pilot’s attention from the task at hand. | 无法专心于飞行员的工作 |
[1:23:32] | That of herding a heavy plane out of that great upland saucer | 我驾驭着沉沉的飞机飞越了广阔的高原 |
[1:23:36] | and over the mountains that make its rim | 越过了大陆边缘的延绵群山 |
[1:24:21] | What is this thing, huh? | 这是什么 |
[1:24:24] | Whole thing’s made of mud. | 全是用泥巴建的 |
[1:24:25] | It’s beautiful. | 很漂亮 |
[1:24:38] | It likes working with you. | 它也喜欢和你一起工作 |
[1:24:43] | Come on, Amelia. | 来吧 艾米莉亚 |
[1:24:58] | Amelia Earhart has reached Calcutta | 艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特来到了加尔各答 |
[1:25:00] | Dad! Dad! It’s a bulletin! | 爸爸 有新闻 |
[1:25:01] | But heavy rains have temporarily grounded her: | 然而 由于经常受到大雨的影响 |
[1:25:03] | She will push on to Bangkok, then papua new guinea | 她立即会飞往曼谷 巴不利亚新几内亚 |
[1:25:06] | Before heading east toward her final destination, California | 之后再朝东 飞往目的地加利福尼亚 |
[1:25:15] | We should go, Fred. | 我们该出发了 弗莱德 |
[1:25:16] | Oh, come on! You’re not really taking off? | 拜托 你不是真要起飞吧 |
[1:25:18] | It’s only going to get heavier. | 雨只会越下越大的 |
[1:25:21] | We could be stuck here for days, even weeks. | 我们可能会滞留在这里几天甚至几周 |
[1:25:24] | It’s only 700 miles to bangkok, it’s lighter there. | 离曼谷不过700里了 那里雨小些 |
[1:25:27] | To get that far in a monsoon, you’d need divine help! | 在季风气候里飞那么远 你需要奇迹 |
[1:25:30] | Chai? | 茶 |
[1:25:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:25:36] | Come on, Fred. | 拜托 弗莱德 |
[1:26:07] | You think we should turn back, huh? | 难倒你认为我们应该回头吗 |
[1:26:09] | Nope. I think we shouldn’t have come. | 不 我觉得我们就不该来 |
[1:26:38] | Hi, Joan. | 嗨 乔安 |
[1:26:40] | Hello, Frances. | 你好 弗朗西斯 |
[1:26:59] | You look beat, lady. | 你样子很糟糕 女士 |
[1:27:01] | That’s funny, you look tip-top. | 真好笑 你看起来挺精神的 |
[1:27:03] | Why don’t you grab a few hours of sleep? | 干吗不睡几个小时 |
[1:27:05] | Might as well keep you company. | 陪你坐一会儿 |
[1:27:08] | I’ve got some good flying stories. | 我又多了很多飞行的故事可写 |
[1:27:11] | Thank you. | 多谢你了 |
[1:27:12] | Yeah. | 是呀 |
[1:27:16] | You and your old George. That’s a touching love story. | 你和老乔治本身就是段浪漫的故事 |
[1:27:23] | An honest one, if I say so myself. | 要我来说 是诚实 |
[1:27:29] | I wonder if it’s honest enough for George. | 不知道乔治是否满足于诚实 |
[1:27:32] | If you mean Gene, we’re not together anymore. | 如果你想说金 我们已经不在一起了 |
[1:27:36] | In that way. Not for a long time. | 我们不是那种关系很久了 |
[1:27:40] | You don’t think I love my husband? | 你觉得我不爱我丈夫吗 |
[1:27:42] | Actually, I do. | 我相信你 |
[1:27:44] | In a certain way. | 从某种角度来说 |
[1:27:47] | But you disapprove of how I live? | 可你并不赞成我的生活方式 |
[1:27:49] | Hell, no. | 才不是 |
[1:27:51] | It’s just like me. In fact, it’s like most guys I know. | 像我一样 事实上大家都差不多 |
[1:27:54] | Meaning? | 什么意思 |
[1:27:57] | Guys love their wives, their girlfriends. | 男人爱他们的妻子 女朋友 |
[1:28:00] | Doesn’t mean they don’t take advantage | 并不意味着 |
[1:28:05] | Of an opportunity. | 他们不会偷腥 |
[1:28:13] | If you have a point, make it. | 如果想说什么 请直说 |
[1:28:16] | I believe I have. | 我想我有 |
[1:28:24] | All you need to do is just show up tomorrow morning, | 你要做的是明早准时出现 |
[1:28:28] | Show up sober, | 保持清醒 |
[1:28:30] | And get me to Howland island. | 然后带我飞到豪兰岛去 |
[1:28:53] | Ready, ma’am. | 就绪 女士 |
[1:28:58] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[1:29:09] | Feel like stepping out for a smoke? | 想出去抽根烟吗 |
[1:29:12] | Oh, I don’t smoke. | 不 我不吸烟的 |
[1:29:15] | Or something? | 其他事呢 |
[1:29:29] | Earhart here. | 这里是埃尔哈特 |
[1:29:31] | Putnam here | 这里是帕特南 |
[1:29:37] | You should be sleeping. | 你该休息了 |
[1:29:40] | You should be working. | 你该上班去了 |
[1:29:43] | I’m running a big adventure here. | 我在经营一场冒险 |
[1:29:44] | I’m a very important fellow | 我现在是个重要的人 |
[1:29:47] | You told me I was the star and you’d be nearby, | 你跟我说过 我是明星 你会陪在我身边 |
[1:29:52] | A small particle of dust in my constellation: | 成为我星座中辅佐陪衬的一粒星尘 |
[1:29:57] | I thought I was joking. Guess the joke’s on me. | 当时是玩笑话 谁想笑话开到我头上了 |
[1:30:04] | I’ll be in Honolulu on the third | 我三号会到火奴鲁鲁岛 |
[1:30:07] | And with you in Oakland on the fourth of july, okay? | 七月四号我们在奥克兰见 好吗 |
[1:30:12] | Don’t keep me waiting. | 别让我等你 |
[1:30:14] | I won’t dare. | 我可不敢 |
[1:30:17] | How’s Fred? On the wagon? | 弗莱德好吗 还在马车上吗 |
[1:30:19] | I sent you my movies to lighten the plane. | 我把录像带寄给你 以减轻飞机重量 |
[1:30:26] | You wouldn’t sell a salesman, would you? | 你不会放我鸽子的 对吧 |
[1:30:29] | Fred is fine. | 弗莱德挺好的 |
[1:30:30] | He’s calculating headwind speed versus fuel as we speak. | 他正在计算风速和油量的比例 |
[1:30:34] | So what’s that I hear in your voice? | 你语气听起来不是这样的 |
[1:30:39] | Is he drinking? | 是不是他在喝酒 |
[1:30:41] | I can handle it. | 我能搞定的 |
[1:30:42] | All right, call it off. Call it off now. | 行了 现在就取消这次飞行 |
[1:30:46] | Right now, amelia I mean it right now | 立刻 艾米莉亚 我认真的 立刻 |
[1:30:53] | I can handle it. | 我可以搞定的 |
[1:30:58] | After the fourth, we’re going home. | 四号之后 我们就回家 |
[1:31:02] | Where is that? | 家在哪 |
[1:31:05] | For me? Anywhere you are. | 对我而言 有你就有家 |
[1:31:16] | I’m going to like it there. | 我会喜欢的 |
[1:31:23] | I’d better, since this is going to be my last flight. | 既然这是最后一次飞行 我还是 |
[1:31:28] | If you insist. | 我不强求 |
[1:31:36] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:31:54] | Should I let you go now? | 我是不是该让你走了 |
[1:31:56] | No, never. | 不 绝不 |
[1:32:07] | I’ll go tell the world you’re on your way. | 我会告诉全世界 你在路上 |
[1:32:11] | See you, | 再会 |
[1:32:15] | My darling. | 亲爱的 |
[1:32:23] | See you, my love. | 再会 我的爱 |
[1:33:05] | It looks like she’s ready to leave. | 看来她准备要启程了 |
[1:33:25] | Might be easier to just shoot me. | 打死我也许容易些 |
[1:33:27] | Traveling light, is all. | 轻装上阵而已 |
[1:33:29] | You got room for 180 pounds of asshole? | 可你有地方放180磅重的垃圾吗 |
[1:33:36] | Ma’am, I’m so sorry. | 长官 我很抱歉 |
[1:33:39] | It’s fine. Everything is. | 没关系 一切都好 |
[1:33:52] | – Have you filled the other side? – Eh. | -那边加满了吗 -是的 |
[1:34:14] | Not more than a month ago, | 不到一个月前 |
[1:34:15] | I was on the other shore of the Pacific, | 我还在太平洋的另一边 |
[1:34:18] | Looking westward: | 正朝着西方看 |
[1:34:20] | This morning, I look eastward over the pacific: | 而今早 我在太平洋上空朝着东方看 |
[1:34:23] | In these fast-moving days that have intervened, | 在这紧凑的充满阻碍的日子里 |
[1:34:26] | The whole width of the world has passed behind us | 我们跨过了整个世界 |
[1:34:29] | Except this broad ocean: | 只剩这片宽广的大洋了 |
[1:34:32] | I shall be glad when we | 当我得知导航系统将会出问题 |
[1:34:33] | have the hazards of this navigation behind us | 还感觉不错 |
[1:34:37] | Mr. Balfour, come in, over. | 拜尔弗先生 请接 完毕 |
[1:34:39] | Mr. Putnam. | 帕特南先生 |
[1:34:41] | The headwinds were stronger than they knew when they took off. | 风力超过她们起飞时的预期 |
[1:34:44] | I recalculated the fuel: lt’ll cost them nine percent: | 我重新计算了油耗 多耗百分之九油量 |
[1:34:50] | Nine percent. | 百分之九 |
[1:35:01] | King how able queen queen. Can you read me? | 国王皇后号 你能收到吗 |
[1:35:06] | King how able queen queen. Can you read me? | 国王皇后号 你能收到吗 |
[1:35:15] | Putnam, I can’t reach them, sir: | 帕特南先生 我连接不到他们 |
[1:35:18] | I tried voice and morse code. | 语音和莫斯密码我都试过了 |
[1:35:20] | No, forget morse code. They didn’t take the receiver. | 不要用莫斯密码 他们没带接收器 |
[1:35:24] | Just stay with voice. You’ll get them. | 保持语音呼叫 你会联系到他们的 |
[1:35:28] | 豪兰岛 美军海上边境巡航舰伊特斯加 | |
[1:35:50] | At ease, sailor. | 稍息 水手 |
[1:35:56] | The direction finder. How long has this been left on? | 测向仪你开了多久 |
[1:36:03] | The battery’s dead. | 已经完全没电了 |
[1:36:20] | Itasca, this is Earhart. | 伊特斯卡 这里是埃尔哈特 |
[1:36:22] | We’re about 200 miles out. | 我们距离大约200英里 |
[1:36:24] | Sky overcast. Over. | 天气阴霾 完毕 |
[1:36:27] | That’s her, on 3105. | 是她 在3105频道 |
[1:36:30] | She said “Cloudy and overcast. “ | 她说多云阴天 |
[1:36:47] | Itasca, this is earhart. | 伊特斯卡 这里是埃尔哈特 |
[1:36:49] | Sky overcast over | 天气阴霾 完毕 |
[1:36:52] | We are receiving your signal. Please acknowledge ours. | 我们已接受到你的信号 请接收我们的信号 |
[1:36:54] | What is your position and ETA Howland? | 你们的位置及预计到达豪兰岛的时间 |
[1:36:56] | Over. | 完毕 |
[1:37:07] | Itasca, this is Earhart. | 伊特斯卡 这里是埃尔哈特 |
[1:37:09] | Unable to hear you, over. | 无法听到你们的声音 完毕 |
[1:37:13] | Earhart, this is Itasca Did you receive transmission? | 埃尔哈特 这里是伊特斯卡 可以收到信号吗 |
[1:37:21] | King how able queen queen. Please acknowledge our signals on key. | 国王皇后号 请用莫斯密码接收信号 |
[1:37:24] | Please acknowledge. Over. | 请接收 完毕 |
[1:37:31] | She’s having trouble with voice transmission. Stay with morse. | 她的语音信号有问题 用莫斯密码 |
[1:37:45] | Itasca, this is king how able queen queen. | 伊特斯卡 这里是国王皇后号 |
[1:37:48] | Been unable to receive you by radio. | 无线电无法联络到你们 |
[1:37:50] | Cannot take bearing on you | 无法确定你们的方位 |
[1:37:52] | If you can hear this, please take bearing on us | 如果收到 请确定我方方位 |
[1:37:54] | Earhart’s signal strength 4. | 是埃尔哈特的声音 音量增加到4 |
[1:37:56] | Please take bearing on us and report in half an hour: | 请于半小时内进行导航 |
[1:37:58] | We’ll make noise in microphone. | 我会用麦克风制造噪音 |
[1:38:01] | We are about 100 miles out. | 我们距离约100英里 |
[1:38:03] | Over. | 完毕 |
[1:38:05] | She’s got to stay on longer. | 她得多坚持一会 |
[1:38:07] | On air too briefly, bearing’s impossible. | 时间太短了 无法导航 |
[1:38:45] | Maybe her morse receiver’s out. | 可能她的莫斯接收器坏了 |
[1:38:48] | King how able queen queen. This is Itasca: | 国王皇后号 这里是伊特斯卡 |
[1:38:51] | Can’t take bearing on 3105. Please send on 500. | 3105收不到 请调到500频道 |
[1:38:54] | Or do you want to take bearing on us? Over. | 或者你们确定我方方位 完毕 |
[1:39:25] | Intercom top deck. Double-check the smoke stack. | 用对讲机联系甲板 检测烟囱 |
[1:39:28] | O’hare to top deck. | 欧哈尔呼叫顶层甲板 |
[1:39:30] | Top deck, come in. | 顶层甲板请回话 |
[1:39:36] | They should be able to see that for 20 miles at least. | 至少20英里之内能看到 |
[1:39:52] | Itasca, this is king how able queen queen: | 伊特斯卡 这里是国王皇后号 |
[1:39:55] | We must be on you, but cannot see you: | 我们应该接上了 可是无法看到你们 |
[1:39:58] | Fuel is running low. Been unable to receive you by radio. | 燃料不足 无法通过无线电联系到你们 |
[1:40:03] | We are flying at altitude 1,000 feet over | 我们的高度是1,000尺 完毕 |
[1:40:07] | We are receiving you and | 我们可以收到 |
[1:40:09] | transmitting on 3105 and 500 consistently. Over. | 我们将在3105和500持续发送信号 完毕 |
[1:40:32] | Itasca, we are circling, | 伊特斯卡 我们在盘旋 |
[1:40:34] | but cannot hear you. Over. | 可是无法听到你们 完毕 |
[1:40:36] | King how able queen queen, this is itasca | 国王皇后号 这里是伊特斯卡 |
[1:40:38] | your signal is strong. | 你们的信号很清晰 |
[1:40:40] | Are you receiving this? Over | 你能听到我们吗 完毕 |
[1:40:44] | Itasca, this is king how able queen queen. | 伊特斯卡 这里是国王皇后号 |
[1:40:47] | We received your signal, but unable to take bearing. | 收到你们的信号 但无法确定方位 |
[1:40:50] | Please take bearing on us and answer on 3105 with voice. Over. | 请用3105频道为我们确定方位 完毕 |
[1:40:56] | Your signal received okay. | 你们的信号接听良好 |
[1:40:57] | It is impossible to take a bearing on 3105 on your voice. | 3105频道无法用语音确定方位 |
[1:41:03] | Send us a longer transmission, please. Over. | 请发送加长信号 完毕 |
[1:41:10] | A report has come in from the ship for Mr. Putnam | 帕特南先生 战舰发来报告 |
[1:41:13] | Oh, god. | 老天啊 |
[1:41:15] | Miss Earhart has finally received transmission from Itasca. | 埃尔哈特小姐终于和伊特斯卡联系上了 |
[1:41:25] | Keep us at 7500. | 把我们调到7500频段 |
[1:41:27] | That’s her only acknowledgment. | 这是她唯一能收到的 |
[1:41:29] | You’ve got her signal, damn it. What about the direction finder? | 你连接到她了 可是定位仪呢 |
[1:41:32] | Cipriani reports the battery’s dead, sir. | 先生 西普利亚尼报告说定位仪 |
[1:41:35] | It was left on all night, | 整晚都开着 没电了 |
[1:41:37] | so we can’t track her. | 所以无法定位她 |
[1:41:43] | King how able queen queen to Itasca: | 国王皇后呼叫伊特斯卡 |
[1:41:48] | Earhart, will you please come in and reply on 500? | 埃尔哈特 请用频段500进行回复 |
[1:41:53] | We are transmitting constantly on 7500 | 我们持续在7500频段发送信号 |
[1:41:58] | And we cannot hear you on 500. | 频段500是无法联系到你们 |
[1:42:20] | Despite constant attempts, | 尽管持续不断尝试 |
[1:42:22] | The USS Itasca has lost contact with Amelia Earhart: | 伊特斯卡号军舰还是与艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特失去联系 |
[1:42:28] | Come on. | 加油 |
[1:42:37] | Come on. | 加油 |
[1:42:39] | King how able queen queen to Itasca. | 国王皇后呼叫伊特斯卡 |
[1:42:42] | We are on the position line 157-337: | 我们在坐标线157-337处 |
[1:42:46] | We are running north and south. | 我们在南北徘徊 |
[1:42:52] | We hear you. We hear you. Are you receiving us? | 我们听到了 你收到了吗 |
[1:43:13] | Earhart, this is Itasca. Did you receive transmission? | 埃尔哈特 这里是伊特斯卡 收到信号了吗 |
[1:43:51] | Itasca to Earhart, come in, please. | 伊特斯卡呼叫埃尔哈特 加油 求你了 |
[1:44:21] | All the things I never said for so very long, | 那些长久以来没有说出口的话 |
[1:44:26] | Look up, they’re in my eyes | 抬头 其实尽在我眼中 |
[1:44:43] | Everyone has oceans to fly | 只要勇敢去闯 |
[1:44:44] | as long as you have the heart to do it | 我们都有一片可以翱翔的海洋 |
[1:44:50] | Is it reckless? Maybe | 鲁莽 也许是吧 |
[1:44:56] | But what do dreams know of boundaries? | 谁叫我们的梦想都没有止境呢 |
[1:45:06] | 1937年7月2日 艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特和弗莱德・努南坠机于太平洋 | |
[1:45:14] | 美国政府展开了历史上最大规模搜救 | |
[1:45:17] | 但没有证据找到伊莱特拉 | |
[1:45:21] | 艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特的事迹被长久传唱 | |
[1:45:30] | I think about the hands I have held, | 我想起了牵过的手 |
[1:45:35] | The places I’ve seen, | 想起了所见之处 |
[1:45:41] | The vast lands | 看到鞋底的沙土时 |
[1:45:43] | whose dirt is caked on the bottom of my shoes | 我也想起了那片广阔大陆 |
[1:46:09] | The world has changed me | 是世界改变了我 |
[1:46:14] | 艾米莉亚・埃尔哈特 1897-1937 |