英文名称:Ben Hur
年代:2010
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:21] | Come on! | 快点 |
[01:23] | Hey! Hey! Hey! | 驾 驾 驾 |
[01:25] | Yah! | 驾 |
[01:29] | Yah! Yah! Yah! | 驾 驾 驾 |
[01:35] | Yah! Yah! | 驾 驾 |
[01:37] | Yah! | 驾 |
[01:40] | Hey! Hey! Yah! | 驾 驾 驾 |
[01:43] | Yah! | 驾 |
[01:46] | Yah! Yah! Yah! | 驾 驾 驾 |
[01:49] | Hey! Hey! | 驾 驾 |
[01:51] | Messala! | 玛瑟拉 |
[01:52] | Whoa! Whoa! | 吁 吁 |
[01:57] | Messala! | 玛瑟拉 |
[02:01] | Messala! | 玛瑟拉 |
[02:10] | Messala! | 玛瑟拉 |
[02:13] | Did I win? | 我赢了吗 |
[02:15] | No, but you nearly killed yourself trying to. | 没有 你差点没害死自己 |
[02:18] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[02:21] | Is there any other way to race? | 还有别的方法可以分出伯仲吗 |
[02:24] | Tell that to my mother. | 去问母亲大人吧 |
[02:27] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[02:38] | I should have a line of slaves behind me. | 真应该在身后拉一群奴隶 |
[02:41] | And one beside you whispering in your ear | 最该有个奴隶来提醒你 |
[02:43] | that you’re a man, not a god. | 你本凡人 而非天神 |
[02:45] | Is that not the Roman way, Octavius Messala? | 这才是罗马精神 对吧 奥克塔维斯·玛瑟拉 |
[02:49] | Whoa! Whoa! | 吁 吁 |
[02:53] | What happened to the other cart? | 还有一辆马车呢 |
[02:55] | We went over some rough ground. | 有一段路颠簸不平 所以翻了 |
[02:58] | They’re not racing chariots, you know. | 它们可不是比赛用的战车 |
[03:00] | I told him that. | 我警告过他了 |
[03:02] | We’ll repair it, mother. | 我们会修好的 母亲大人 |
[03:04] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[03:05] | Mm-hmm. | 好 |
[03:09] | Where have you two been all day? | 你们两个今天去哪里了 |
[03:10] | Why didn’t you take me with you? | 为何没带我一起去 |
[03:12] | Because you are a child | 因为你乳臭未干 |
[03:13] | and not proper company for young men. | 不适合与年轻壮士为伍 |
[03:16] | Tickle her severely, Messala. | 使劲搔她的痒 玛瑟拉 |
[03:20] | Judah. | 尤达 |
[03:29] | A messenger from the garrison delivered this. | 有个从卫戍部队来的信使 送来了这个 |
[03:32] | It’s for Messala. | 是给玛瑟拉的 |
[03:36] | We always knew this would come. | 我们都知道它迟早会来 |
[03:38] | But it’s been 5 years, more, since his mother died. | 可自他母亲过世算起 已经五年多了 |
[03:42] | Would you prefer his father had sent for him immediately? | 难道你希望他父亲当时就把他带走吗 |
[03:47] | Tirzah will be most unhappy. | 蒂莎会伤心欲绝的 |
[03:48] | None of us will be happy, Judah. | 谁都高兴不起来 尤达 |
[03:52] | And Simonides has arrived. | 另外 西蒙尼特斯已经到了 |
[03:54] | You must change your clothes before you greet him. | 见他之前 你必须换件衣服 |
[03:56] | Yes, I forgot he was coming. | 遵命 我都忘了他要来 |
[03:59] | I’m sorry. I should’ve been here to meet him. | 很抱歉 他来时应由我接待的 |
[04:02] | Yes. | 没错 |
[04:04] | It’s time for you to take up your responsibilities | 你的确该担负起应有的责任了 |
[04:08] | and for Messala to face his. | 玛瑟拉也一样 |
[04:11] | Childhood only lasts so long. | 无忧无虑的童年到此为止了 |
[04:15] | So our childhoods end on the same day, his and mine, | 这么说 我们的童年要在同一天终结了 |
[04:19] | and our lives go in different directions. | 而后我们就会分道扬镳 |
[04:22] | Different directions, | 虽然分道扬镳 |
[04:24] | but the same journey… | 却是殊途同归 |
[04:26] | to manhood. | 成为真正的男儿 |
[04:28] | Wanna play stick game? | 想玩棍子游戏吗 |
[04:29] | Ok. | 想 |
[04:30] | Go now, Judah, and tell your friend playtime’s over. | 去吧 尤达 告诉他 游戏时间结束了 |
[04:36] | So it would seem. | 看来只能如此了 |
[04:48] | What’s the secret? | 究竟有何诀窍 |
[04:49] | You just have to be ready. | 只需事先准备好即可 |
[04:59] | Who is it from? | 谁写来的 |
[05:00] | From my illustrious father, | 我那位显赫的父亲 |
[05:01] | senator Marcellus Agrippa. | 元老院议员马赛勒斯·阿葛瑞帕 |
[05:05] | You read it. | 你读吧 |
[05:07] | It’s a private letter, Messala. | 这是私人信件 玛瑟拉 |
[05:08] | I don’t think you’ll be embarrassed by too many intimacies. | 我们关系这么好 没有什么不妥 |
[05:13] | Remember, the secret is to expect it | 记住 诀窍就在于随时 |
[05:15] | for every single moment. | 估计它的走向 |
[05:19] | “To Octavius Messala. | “致奥克塔维斯·玛瑟拉 |
[05:21] | “You will leave Jerusalem | 将有一支军队 |
[05:22] | “with the next military convoy to Caesarea, | 护送你离开耶路撒冷 |
[05:24] | “where transportation has been arranged | 前往凯撒利亚 那里已安排好 |
[05:26] | “for your journey to Rome. “ | 你回罗马所需的交通工具” |
[05:29] | Is that all? | 就这些吗 |
[05:31] | He’s a man of few words, Marcellus Agrippa. | 他是个少言寡语的人 马赛勒斯·阿葛瑞帕 |
[05:44] | I sometimes envy you, | 我有时真嫉妒你 |
[05:46] | having a dead father. | 父亲已不在人世 |
[06:07] | Judah! | 尤达 |
[06:08] | How good to see you. | 见到你真是太好了 |
[06:09] | Forgive me for not being here to meet you, sir. | 很抱歉当时没有亲自接待您 |
[06:11] | It is of no matter. | 没关系 |
[06:13] | You are well? | 身体可还安康 |
[06:15] | Yes. Yes, thank you. | 当然 劳您关心 |
[06:16] | And you? Your journey was not too tiring? | 您呢 一路车马劳顿 是否疲累 |
[06:19] | The distance from Antioch does not grow shorter, | 从安提俄克到这里的路程依旧遥远 |
[06:23] | and I do not grow younger. | 而我也依旧苍老 |
[06:26] | Judah, I think you know that your father, of blessed memory, | 尤达 你应该知道 你已故的父亲 |
[06:30] | hoped that one day we would unite our families | 希望我们两个家族的关系 |
[06:34] | in more than mercantile matters. | 可以不仅局限于商业伙伴 |
[06:42] | The painter does my daughter no justice. | 画家无法淋漓尽致地描绘我的女儿 |
[06:46] | Esther is not simply a face, | 埃丝特不仅面若桃花 |
[06:49] | but a mind and a spirit of rare quality. | 而且蕙质兰心 秀外慧中 |
[06:52] | I hope your father’s and my aspirations will be fulfilled. | 希望令尊与我能够达成所愿 |
[06:57] | Yes, yes. | 是的 当然 |
[06:59] | It has to be your wish, also. | 当然也需要你心甘情愿 |
[07:03] | And Esther’s. | 还有埃丝特 |
[07:04] | Of course. Of course. | 当然 当然 |
[07:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[07:09] | No, no, it’s for you, | 不 不 这是给你的 |
[07:10] | until you meet in person. | 等你们见面时再还给她 |
[07:27] | Come with me. | 跟我一起走吧 |
[07:29] | Would that I could. | 我也希望能够如此 |
[07:30] | Where you’re going is the centre of the world. Messala | 你要去的地方是世界的中心 玛瑟拉 |
[07:33] | Things that would never be possible here | 你在那里会大开眼界 |
[07:35] | will come your way. | 增长许多见识 |
[07:36] | Will you write to us? | 你会给我们写信吗 |
[07:40] | I doubt it. | 可能不会 |
[07:41] | I’m no hand with a pen, but-but I’ll think of you. | 我不会写字 但我会想着你的 |
[07:46] | All of you. | 想着你们大家 |
[07:47] | And I’ll miss you. | 我会思念你们 |
[07:50] | And I will come back. | 我会回来的 |
[07:51] | Promise? | 你保证吗 |
[07:55] | You be safe, Octavius Messala. | 一定要保重 奥克塔维斯·玛瑟拉 |
[08:23] | We will race again. | 我们一定要再比一次 |
[08:26] | God willing. | 希望有机会 |
[08:27] | Forward, march! | 向前 进 |
[08:29] | Left, right. | 左 右 |
[08:30] | Left, right. Left, right, left. | 左 右 左 右 左 |
[08:33] | Left, right. Left, right. | 左 右 左 右 |
[08:35] | Left, right, left. | 左 右 左 |
[08:38] | Left, right. Left, right… | 左 右 左 右 |
[09:01] | Hey! Let’s hurry up! | 诸位 快点 |
[09:04] | Get a move on. | 手脚快点 |
[09:08] | He’s a surly bugger this foreman of yours, Judah. | 这个工头真是够狠够混的 尤达 |
[09:13] | Saves me from having to be one. | 有了他 我就不必那样了 |
[09:14] | Yes, well, that’s what I’ll be doing | 好吧 看来我在新任驻军统领手下 |
[09:16] | under the new garrison commander. | 也要变成那副模样了 |
[09:18] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[09:19] | I’m being forced to step down a rank | 上头命令我降阶一级 |
[09:21] | for some child. | 给某个小孩让位 |
[09:23] | Well, he must have the qualifications | 那么他一定有杰出的才能 |
[09:24] | or he wouldn’t have been given the post. | 否则不会被提到这个职位的 |
[09:26] | It’s not what you know. | 和才能无关 |
[09:27] | It’s who you know. | 后台最重要 |
[09:29] | The governor is none too pleased. | 总督非常不悦 |
[09:32] | He wanted to make me permanent. | 他本想让我长久任此职位 |
[09:34] | Mind you, I wouldn’t trust Pilate’s judgement either. | 还有 我也不会相信彼拉多的判断 |
[09:36] | It’s all politics with these buggers. | 这些混蛋只知道政治利益 |
[09:39] | That’s it, then, David? | 捆好了吗 大卫 |
[09:41] | All done. | 好了 |
[09:42] | You intend to enter the chariot race, Gaius? | 你准备参加战车大赛吗 盖乌斯 |
[09:44] | Is there any other reason to live, Judah? | 不然活着还有什么意思呢 尤达 |
[09:50] | You’ll be safe laying a talent on me. | 把赌注压在我身上一定没错 |
[09:52] | Ah, it wouldn’t do for a Jew to wager | 一个犹太人怎么可能 |
[09:54] | against his own team, now, would it? | 不支持自己的同胞呢 |
[09:56] | Suit yourself, but you’ll be throwing your money away. | 悉听尊便 但那样只会浪费钱财 |
[09:59] | Shalom. | 再见 |
[10:02] | You see? Didn’t even count them. | 看到了吗 他们根本没有清点 |
[10:05] | We’ve already done that, haven’t we? | 但我们清点过了 不是吗 |
[10:06] | Never hurts to rob those bastards when you get a chance. | 只要有机会 一定要狠狠地宰这帮混蛋 |
[10:10] | When you have a business of your own, David, | 大卫 等你自己做生意时 |
[10:12] | you’ll see how well it pays to cheat your customers. | 你就知道欺骗顾客要付出多大代价 |
[10:14] | Romans are not customers, they’re bloody conquerors. | 罗马人不是顾客 他们是侵略者 |
[10:17] | Sometimes I think you forget that. | 有时候我真以为你都忘记了 |
[10:19] | You know, I appreciate your animosity, David. | 大卫 我很理解你的敌意 |
[10:22] | Your brother suffered at their hands. | 你的兄弟在他们手中惨遭不幸 |
[10:24] | Suffered? | 不幸吗 |
[10:25] | Nailed up on a stick is how he suffered. | 他不幸被活活钉在一根木头上 |
[10:28] | Three days it took. | 生生钉了三天 |
[10:29] | He killed a Roman soldier, did he not? | 他杀死了一名罗马士兵 不是吗 |
[10:31] | Whose side are you on, Judah Ben Hur? | 你究竟站在哪一边 尤达·宾虚 |
[10:33] | It is not a question of sides. | 这不是站哪边的问题 |
[10:36] | We are under Roman occupation. | 罗马人统治着我们 |
[10:38] | Now, that may be unfortunate, | 感到遗憾是吧 |
[10:40] | but it is a fact. | 但事实就是如此 |
[10:41] | Oh, we’ll see about that. | 我们拭目以待吧 |
[10:43] | You know, a time is coming | 终归会有那么一天 |
[10:44] | when you’ll be asked to say where you stand. | 有人质问你的立场何在 |
[10:47] | Are you threatening me? | 你在威胁我吗 |
[10:48] | No. | 没有 |
[10:50] | I’m just telling you how it is. | 只是提醒你而已 |
[10:52] | You’ll see what happens when the governor | 等到总督出席逾越节时[犹太教节日] |
[10:54] | shows up at Passover. | 一切自会明了 |
[10:57] | Don’t involve me in your conspiracies, David. | 我不想掺和你的阴谋诡计 大卫 |
[11:00] | You know my position. | 你知道我的职责所在 |
[11:01] | Pay your taxes and collaborate. | 快去奴颜婢膝地交税吧 |
[11:03] | You know, you have a way with an argument | 本可以平心静气讨论之事 |
[11:05] | that turns it to a quarrel. | 你总能将其变为争吵 |
[11:24] | I wondered when you’d be back. | 我一直在想你何时才能归来 |
[11:25] | You know, we have Simonides arriving, bringing your bride. | 西蒙尼特斯正带着你的新娘赶来 |
[11:29] | That is not funny. | 这一点都不好笑 |
[11:32] | You know there has been no understanding | 你知道埃丝特和我之间 |
[11:33] | between Esther and myself. | 根本互不相识 |
[11:35] | That’s not what Simonides thinks. | 西蒙尼特斯可不这么想 |
[11:38] | Anyway, it’s about time you were married, | 不管怎样 你马上就要 |
[11:40] | give us an heir apparent. | 结婚生子了 |
[11:43] | David Ben Levi was at me again today. | 大卫·宾列维今天又质问我了 |
[11:47] | Why don’t you get rid of that man? | 你为何不解雇这个人 |
[11:48] | He’s a zealot. | 他是个激进分子 |
[11:49] | No, Tirzah, he’s an excellent overseer, | 不 蒂莎 他是个优秀的工头 |
[11:52] | and he knows the business as well, or better, than I. | 而他甚至比我更了解这些业务 |
[11:56] | I will not dismiss him | 他有其真诚的信念 |
[11:57] | for convictions he holds as genuinely as I do my own. | 我也一样 我不能因此解雇他 |
[12:00] | Do you never get tired | 尤达 你总是这样 |
[12:01] | of being so reasonable and even-handed, Judah? | 理性而不失偏颇 难道不厌倦吗 |
[12:04] | People like David Ben Levi are dangerous. | 大卫·宾列维这种人是危险人物 |
[12:07] | They make life impossible for people like us. | 他们让我们的生活如履薄冰 |
[12:12] | You know, he has much as told me | 他有意无意地透露出 |
[12:14] | there would be a demonstration | 总督在出席逾越节时 |
[12:16] | against the governor at Passover. | 现场会有示威活动 |
[12:18] | Well, then denounce him! | 那就告发他 |
[12:19] | You forget yourself, sister. | 你失言了 妹妹 |
[12:24] | We do not denounce our fellow countrymen. | 怎可告发同族兄弟 |
[12:28] | Judah! Judah! | 尤达 尤达 |
[12:32] | This came for you. | 你的信 |
[12:35] | Messala is here! | 玛瑟拉来了 |
[12:36] | Open it. What does it say? | 快拆开 写的是什么 |
[12:46] | “Judah Ben Hur is ordered to present himself | “命尤达·宾虚见信后 |
[12:50] | “to the garrison commander upon receipt of this notice.” | 即刻前往驻军统领营报道” |
[13:00] | Well, it’s to the point. | 言简意赅 |
[13:03] | Probably written by a scribe. | 大概是书记官代笔 |
[13:04] | It certainly wasn’t written by a friend. | 绝非出自朋友笔下 |
[13:10] | Well, you better not keep the garrison commander waiting. | 最好莫让驻军统领久候 |
[13:33] | Halt. | 站住 |
[14:18] | I see you forgot nothing I taught you. | 看来我所教的你并未忘记 |
[14:29] | You know what the emperor Octavius said of Rome? | 可知屋大维大帝曾说过 |
[14:32] | “I found this city built of bricks | “朕接下之罗马 砖城耳 |
[14:34] | “and I left it made of marble.” | 朕留下之罗马 大理石城也” |
[14:36] | That’s what I intend to say of Jerusalem. | 但愿我也能如此评说耶路撒冷 |
[14:38] | Well, that is a remarkable aspiration | 作为驻军统领 |
[14:41] | for a garrison commander. | 此可谓志向高远 |
[14:43] | I won’t always be a garrison commander, | 我不会永远都是驻军统领 |
[14:45] | any more than Pontius Pilate will always be the governor of Judea. | 庞提乌斯·彼拉多不会永远是朱迪亚总督 |
[14:49] | We could do great things here together, you and I. | 你我协作 可成大事 |
[14:52] | Marcellus Agrippa’s got plans for me. | 马赛勒斯·阿葛瑞帕已有规划 |
[14:54] | He spent a great deal of money and influence advancing my career. | 他动用大量金钱和关系 为我铺垫仕途 |
[14:58] | This shows his regard for you as his son. | 说明他待你有如爱子 |
[15:00] | No, not quite. | 不 并不尽然 |
[15:02] | He still hasn’t given me his name. | 他仍未准我认祖归宗 |
[15:04] | I’m still his unacknowledged bastard. | 我还是名不正言不顺的私生子 |
[15:06] | No, my father the senator is a cruel, cunning, capricious man, | 我那位议员父亲残忍狡诈 性情无常 |
[15:09] | and those are some of his better qualities, but… | 这些在他身上算是优点了 可… |
[15:14] | He’s given me this chance, | 这是他对我的考验 |
[15:17] | which I’m determined to take. | 我必须抓住机会 |
[15:20] | Trouble is, it’s only the enmity of Pontius Pilate. | 庞提乌斯·彼拉多的敌对态度是唯一阻碍 |
[15:25] | So I must tread carefully. | 必须谨慎对待 |
[15:27] | You could be of help to me, Judah. | 尤达 你可以助我 |
[15:29] | Of course. | 自然 |
[15:31] | In whatever way I can. | 我当尽力而为 |
[15:32] | This festival of the Passover, | 今年逾越节 |
[15:36] | should you know of any elements that plan | 你若知晓任何意图妨碍 |
[15:38] | to disrupt Pilate’s arrival, | 彼拉多进城的阴谋活动 |
[15:39] | I’d want to know of them. | 必须如实相告 |
[15:41] | It would reflect badly on me. You understand? | 否则我会受其连累 你明白吗 |
[15:46] | Are you asking me to become an informer, Messala? | 你这是要我做告密者吗 玛瑟拉 |
[15:48] | I’m asking you to help preserve the order of a Roman province. | 我是要你协助维护罗马行省的治安 |
[15:52] | This is my career, Judah! | 事关我的前途 尤达 |
[15:54] | I can’t afford mistakes. | 绝不能有闪失 |
[15:55] | Not now. Not at the start. | 尤其是 刚刚上任之际 |
[15:57] | Pilate, he-he’d have me removed or demoted, given a chance. | 彼拉多不会放过将我调离或降职的机会 |
[16:00] | All I’m asking, between friends, | 我不过是以朋友的身份 要你告诉我 |
[16:03] | is if you know or hear or suspect anything, just let me know. | 你是否听到风声 或任何可疑之事 |
[16:11] | Believe me it saves much worse if these things can be nipped in the bud. | 不乘萌芽之际剪除 小恶终为大患 |
[16:18] | Speaking of nipping in the bud, | 说到萌芽 |
[16:21] | which of these do you prefer? | 你喜欢哪一个 |
[16:23] | I’ll give you first choice. | 我让你先选 |
[16:25] | If you’ll excuse me. | 恕我不能奉陪 |
[16:28] | Shouldn’t have thought you’d suffer from the Greek affliction. | 没想到你还玩希腊人那一套 |
[16:32] | Judah, may I pay my respects to your mother? | 尤达 代我问候令堂 |
[16:35] | She’s well, I hope? | 她还好吗 |
[16:36] | She is. | 很好 |
[16:39] | She’s looking forward to seeing you. | 她一直期盼着与你相见 |
[16:41] | And Tirzah? She must be married at her ripe age. | 蒂莎呢 她已成年 嫁人了罢 |
[16:44] | No. | 没有 |
[16:45] | Tirzah has set her standards so high, | 蒂莎要求太高 |
[16:48] | none of her suitors can meet them. | 没有求婚者能令她满意 |
[16:50] | So there’s hope for me yet. | 这么说我还有机会 |
[16:53] | Come and eat with us. | 来我家吃饭吧 |
[16:58] | It’s good to see you, Judah. | 真高兴见到你 尤达 |
[17:01] | We’ll do great things here, you and I. | 你我将在此成就一番伟业 |
[17:03] | A great thing has already come to pass. | 已有伟业在此实现了 |
[17:07] | You are here with us again. | 便是你又回到我们身边 |
[17:16] | There’ll be soldiers everywhere. | 那天街道上会站满士兵 |
[17:18] | You start something, and there’ll be a massacre. | 一丝风吹草动 就能掀起腥风血雨 |
[17:21] | We must be prepared to take advantage of any situation. | 我们要严阵以待 不放过任何可乘之机 |
[17:24] | All of us should be armed so we must strike a blow. | 所有人都要带上武器 随时准备战斗 |
[17:39] | Leave us. | 退下 |
[17:51] | So, you came. | 你终于来了 |
[17:53] | To warn you. | 来警告你 |
[17:54] | Judah, we’re already warned. | 尤达 我们不需要警告 |
[17:56] | Every day we see our enemy. We know who they are. | 我们哪日不曾见到敌人 自然心知肚明 |
[17:59] | The new garrison commander is determined | 新任驻军统领决心已定 |
[18:00] | that nothing interfere with the arrival of Pontius Pilate. | 不让任何事情扰乱庞提乌斯·彼拉多进城 |
[18:03] | He will be on the alert and he will take action, | 他会警惕异常 并付诸行动 |
[18:07] | drastic action in the event of any disturbance. | 对任何骚乱采取严厉措施 |
[18:10] | You think this is news to us? | 你以为我们会不晓得这些 |
[18:12] | I know this garrison commander, | 我了解这位驻军统领 |
[18:14] | and he will not risk his reputation on such an occasion. | 此事危及声望 他绝不会掉以轻心 |
[18:18] | You know him. | 你了解他 |
[18:20] | Octavius Messala is my friend. | 奥克塔维斯·玛瑟拉是我朋友 |
[18:23] | That friend, | 朋友啊 |
[18:25] | you don’t want anything to spoil his big day. | 所以你不愿看到有人坏了他的好事 |
[18:27] | I don’t want to see any more men crucified | 我不愿看到再有人被钉上十字架 |
[18:30] | or sent to the galleys. | 或者贬为船奴 |
[18:32] | Very well. You’ve done your part. | 那好 你的责任已经尽到 |
[18:35] | You’ve warned us. | 你已警告过我们 |
[18:37] | Now can I have your word you will not betray us? | 现在 你可以保证不会出卖我们吗 |
[18:42] | Were that in my mind, | 我若有此心 |
[18:43] | it would have been a Roman who knocked at your door. | 刚才敲门的就是罗马士兵了 |
[19:48] | He must’ve changed to | 他一定是变了 |
[19:49] | speak in such a way to you, his best friend. | 竟这样对你讲话 你可是他最好的朋友 |
[19:51] | Of course he has changed, Tirzah. | 他当然变了 蒂莎 |
[19:53] | He is a man, a soldier. | 他是个男人 是个战士 |
[19:55] | He’s been to war. | 参加过战争 |
[19:58] | But he never forgot us. | 可他从未忘记我们 |
[20:00] | That much I know. | 我只知道这些 |
[20:02] | And he is glad to be back. | 他很高兴回来 |
[20:04] | What of his father? | 他父亲怎样 |
[20:05] | Did he speak of him? | 他有提起过吗 |
[20:06] | Not with any great affection, I’m afraid. | 提过 只是无半分父子情谊 |
[20:08] | He referred to him always as Marcellus Agrippa | 他只称其为马赛勒斯·阿葛瑞帕 |
[20:12] | or the senator. | 或者议员 |
[20:14] | Poor boy. | 可怜的孩子 |
[20:15] | And when can we expect the audience with the poor boy? | 我们几时可以与这可怜的孩子相见 |
[20:19] | He will dine with us in a few days. | 不久他会前来赴宴 |
[20:21] | And I hope you will manage a more welcoming manner, sister. | 妹妹 我希望你能拿出欢迎的态度来 |
[20:24] | I’ve not invited him under our roof to have him mocked. | 我既请他来 你便不可嘲弄他 |
[20:29] | Then you will see for yourself how much he’s changed | 到时你便知道 他虽已改变 |
[20:32] | and how much he is still the same Messala we knew and loved. | 但仍是我们熟悉和喜爱的玛瑟拉 |
[20:36] | For we did love him, did we not? | 我们爱过他 不是吗 |
[20:39] | Yes. Yes, we did. | 是 是的 我们爱过他 |
[20:41] | Yes. | 好 |
[20:43] | And we shall again. | 我们还会爱他的 |
[20:46] | Judah! | 尤达 |
[20:48] | Here they are at last. | 他们终于到了 |
[21:32] | Greetings. | 你好 |
[21:34] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[21:37] | Let me present my daughter. | 容我介绍小女 |
[21:49] | Esther. | 埃丝特 |
[21:57] | Welcome, Esther, | 欢迎你 埃丝特 |
[21:59] | Daughter of Simonides. | 西蒙尼特斯之女 |
[22:02] | It is my honour, and my family’s. | 我和我的家人 深感荣幸 |
[22:10] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[22:13] | Come. | 请 |
[22:17] | I saw her face, Judah. | 我看到她的表情了 尤达 |
[22:20] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[22:21] | That she was not disappointed. | 我看得出她并未失望 |
[22:36] | I do not like to see birds kept captive. | 我不愿见到鸟儿困在笼中 |
[22:40] | But my father says they are never free of the chains of the sky. | 家父却说鸟儿永远逃不脱天空的枷锁 |
[22:44] | Indeed. | 的确 |
[22:47] | You need not approve of my father’s nonsense, Judah. | 家父疯话 你不必附和 尤达 |
[22:51] | Do you really think these creatures would not wish | 你以为 若我此刻打开笼门 |
[22:53] | to fly away at this moment if I opened their cage? | 这些生灵会不愿飞走吗 |
[22:56] | Perhaps. | 或许 |
[22:59] | Although they might not survive for long. | 尽管出笼之后它们可能活不长 |
[23:03] | If I were they, I should wish to have the choice. | 如若是我 我情愿有选择的权利 |
[23:07] | How happy I am to see Jerusalem at last. | 终于得见耶路撒冷 我何等喜悦 |
[23:12] | To you it is a familiar sight, I know. | 你早已司空见惯 我知道 |
[23:15] | But I, too, often stand here and admire this view. | 我也经常站在此处 欣赏街景 |
[23:18] | It is the city of our faith. | 她是我们的信仰之城 |
[23:21] | And while we have it, we have our centre… | 拥有她 我们就拥有信仰的中心 |
[23:25] | our heart. | 民族的心脏 |
[23:29] | Forgive me. I have a tendency to pontificate. | 原谅我 我总有说教的倾向 |
[23:31] | I do not mean to. | 其实并无此意 |
[23:31] | No, no. Go-go on. | 不 没有 继续说 |
[23:35] | Please, continue. | 请继续 |
[23:39] | Esther, | 埃丝特 |
[23:41] | I realize your father has certain expectations, | 我了解 令尊怀有某种期望 |
[23:45] | as did my father. | 家父亦然 |
[23:48] | And you should know that I am not opposed to their wishes. | 你要知道 我无意违背他们的心愿 |
[23:53] | But you think we should make our own choice in a matter so important. | 但你以为 此等大事你我应当自行决断 |
[24:01] | As you say. | 如你所言 |
[24:30] | Be you betrothed to me with this, my wealth? | 我的珍宝 你可愿以此为证 下嫁于我 |
[25:08] | After the first couple years I was in Rome, | 我在罗马的前两年 |
[25:10] | I didn’t even see Marcellus Agrippa. | 甚至都没有见过马赛勒斯·阿葛瑞帕 |
[25:12] | It was all military training. | 一直在进行军事训练 |
[25:13] | Poor Messala, learning to be a soldier. | 是准备参军打仗吧 可怜的玛瑟拉 |
[25:15] | It has its compensations. | 也有回报 |
[25:17] | The ladies of Rome are very patriotic. | 罗马的女士们非常拥军爱国 |
[25:21] | Did you teach them to catch the stick? | 你也教她们接木棍吗 |
[25:24] | Your father must be so proud of you. | 令尊一定甚是为你骄傲 |
[25:27] | No, I wouldn’t go so far as to say that. | 不敢奢求 |
[25:29] | He’s expectant, maybe, but… | 他或许对我怀有厚望 但是… |
[25:32] | I’m not ungrateful. He’s given me so much. | 我并非忘恩负义之徒 他所赐良多 |
[25:35] | Advice, advice which has stood the test of reality. | 他给我的忠告 屡经事实考验 |
[25:38] | “He over whom you have no power | “不治人者 |
[25:40] | “has power over you. “ | 必为人所治” |
[25:41] | That’s his motto. | 他的座右铭 |
[25:43] | But there are powers | 世上的权柄 |
[25:44] | other than those Marcellus Agrippa speaks of, | 并非只有马赛勒斯·阿葛瑞帕所说的一种 |
[25:47] | of faith, of family, of friends, | 信仰 家人 朋友 公平交易 |
[25:50] | of fair dealing. | 皆是力量 |
[25:51] | In Rome, no such powers prevail. | 此等力量在罗马皆不盛行 |
[25:54] | Even Tiberius, our emperor, | 就连我们的皇帝提比略 |
[25:56] | gave up his beloved wife and his 3 children | 也放弃了爱妻和三个儿女 |
[25:58] | to make a dynastic marriage with his brother’s widow. | 与他兄长的遗孀结成皇室夫妻 |
[26:01] | Everyone applauded his wisdom. | 他的智慧人人称颂 |
[26:03] | I think that not wisdom but an affront against god. | 这是渎神 不是智慧 |
[26:06] | Whose God? Yours? | 谁的神 你们的吗 |
[26:08] | Rome and its values are not for you, Esther, | 埃丝特 你不懂得罗马及其价值观 |
[26:12] | nor my friend, your husband to be. | 就连吾友 你未来的夫君 也不懂 |
[26:14] | But they’re for those whose ambitions remain unchecked by conscience, | 野心不顾道义 贪财毫无忠信之辈 |
[26:17] | whose loyalty can be purchased by advancement and coin. | 方才懂得罗马的价值 |
[26:21] | And have you become such a one, Messala? | 你也变成这种人了吗 玛瑟拉 |
[26:27] | I have. | 是的 |
[26:29] | I- I think I have. | 我想是的 |
[26:33] | But such is my fate. | 但这就是我的命运 |
[26:36] | We’re all in the hands of the gods, are we not? | 我们都要听从神的安排 不是吗 |
[26:39] | Such is our belief. | 我们的信仰也是如此 |
[26:43] | So, have you given it any thought to what I said earlier? | 那么 你考虑了我之前说的话吗 |
[26:46] | Regarding provocations, disturbances and so forth? | 关于示威 动乱之类的 |
[26:51] | It is as I have told you. | 我对你说过了 |
[26:52] | I will have no hand in any demonstration against Rome. | 我不会参与任何反抗罗马的活动 |
[26:54] | I know. | 我知道 |
[26:57] | I talk of hearsay, rumour. | 我是指诋毁罗马 散播谣言 |
[27:04] | Nothing? | 没有吗 |
[27:04] | Why do you question your friend’s word? | 你为什么怀疑你朋友的话 |
[27:06] | He hasn’t given me his word. | 他根本就没说什么话 |
[27:08] | Have you? | 是吧 |
[27:10] | Is it so much to ask assurance of a friend? | 让朋友做个担保很过分吗 |
[27:12] | Come, you need only ask Gaius Antonius to know | 别这样 你问盖乌斯·安东尼厄斯就知道 |
[27:14] | that the Hur family have always cooperated with Rome. | 宾虚家族向来配合罗马政府的工作 |
[27:17] | I’m asking Judah. | 我问的是尤达 |
[27:18] | Does one no credit to impugn a friend under his own roof | 在朋友家里质疑热情好客的东道主 |
[27:22] | while in receipt of hospitality. | 是不可取的 |
[27:24] | I impugn no one! I do as my duty requires. | 我没有怀疑任何人 我只是尽职罢了 |
[27:26] | Is it so much to ask for Judah’s word? | 让尤达做个保证很过分吗 |
[27:32] | I give you my word. | 我向你保证 |
[27:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[27:34] | Shame on you, Octavius Messala, | 真为你感到羞耻 奥克塔维斯·玛瑟拉 |
[27:36] | to speak so to those who love you. | 竟然对深爱你的人说出这种话 |
[27:38] | Daughter, Messala is a guest | 女儿 玛瑟拉是客人 |
[27:41] | And our friend. | 也是我们的朋友 |
[27:44] | Apologize to him. | 向他道歉 |
[27:45] | No. | 不用了 |
[27:48] | I should apologize. | 该道歉的是我 |
[27:50] | I spoke out of turn. | 我不该说那些话 |
[27:54] | Thank you, Judah. | 谢谢你 尤达 |
[27:57] | It’s a great comfort to me. | 我很欣慰 |
[27:59] | To all our futures. | 为我们的未来干杯 |
[28:01] | May they be happy and prosperous, | 愿我们幸福快乐 前程似锦 |
[28:06] | however brief. | 即便转瞬就逝 |
[28:14] | She’s got a mind of her own, Esther. | 埃丝特太有主见了 |
[28:17] | You should have a care, Judah. | 你得留神了 尤达 |
[28:18] | When she takes the reins, she’ll ride you hard. | 她要是当了家 你会很没地位的 |
[28:21] | And your sister. | 还有你妹妹 |
[28:28] | Oh, you should know, | 你应该知道 |
[28:29] | I’ve contrived to have Pilate’s procession pass here | 我决定让彼拉多的车队经过这里 |
[28:33] | in front of the house, | 经过你门前 |
[28:34] | so you’ll have a chance to see me in all my pomp. | 好让你看看我有多威风 |
[28:36] | I’ll be the handsome one on the white horse. | 我骑在白马上一定英姿焕发 |
[28:44] | Forgive me. | 原谅我 |
[28:48] | You know, half my performance is to convince myself. | 我这样做 也算是为了说服自己 |
[29:05] | Messala. | 玛瑟拉 |
[29:07] | No need of forgiveness. | 你无需道歉 |
[29:09] | Go with god and be yourself tomorrow. | 与神同行 明天好好保重 |
[29:13] | All will be well. | 一切都会好的 |
[29:18] | Forward! March! | 向前 走 |
[29:21] | Left, right. Left, right. | 左 右 左 右 |
[29:22] | Left, right… | 左 右 |
[29:25] | Have a care, Judah. | 当心点 尤达 |
[29:27] | He could be a dangerous enemy. | 作为敌人 他很危险 |
[29:30] | And a more dangerous friend. | 作为朋友 他更危险 |
[29:33] | Left, left. Left, right, left. | 左 左 左 右 左 |
[30:09] | At the first sign of any trouble, | 一旦在人群中 |
[30:11] | any demonstration from the crowd, quell it. | 发现任何动乱的苗头 立刻镇压 |
[30:15] | Use the butt end to begin with. | 先用长矛柄击打 |
[30:17] | But if that proves unavailing, | 如果无济于事 |
[30:19] | give them the blade. | 就用矛头刺 |
[30:21] | Is that understood? | 明白吗 |
[30:22] | Hey! | 是 |
[30:28] | We should be bringing Pilate to the garrison direct. | 我们应该直接将彼拉多护送至驻军兵营 |
[30:31] | Keep him on the main streets. | 一直走主要街道 |
[30:32] | We’ll have clear space on either side. | 道路两旁要畅通无阻 |
[30:34] | The lower city’s too narrow. | 下城区太拥挤了 |
[30:36] | You make it seem as if I was sneaking Pilate | 你搞得好像我要偷偷地把彼拉多 |
[30:38] | through the back door. | 从后门送出去似的 |
[30:39] | I don’t think he’d appreciate the caution, Gaius. | 这么谨慎 我觉得他不会赞同的 盖乌斯 |
[30:41] | I think he might find it an affront to his vanity. | 没准会伤害到他的虚荣心 |
[30:44] | Your job is to protect, not to flatter. | 你的职责是保护他 不是奉承他 |
[30:46] | There speaks a voice with no concern for politics. | 说这话的人实在是不懂政治 |
[30:51] | And who thanks the gods for it. | 那真要感谢诸神 |
[30:54] | Make way! | 前进 |
[30:59] | Stay in position! | 别掉队 |
[32:21] | Go home, Romans! | 滚回家吧 罗马人 |
[32:23] | Go back to where you came from! | 滚回你们的老家吧 |
[32:28] | You have no respect! | 你们别想受到尊重 |
[32:45] | Sullen lot, these Jews. | 这些犹太人很愤怒嘛 |
[32:46] | Better to be obeyed than beloved, excellency. | 万众归顺比深得民心更重要 大人 |
[32:50] | Drop back a length. | 退后一点 |
[33:04] | Pig Roman! | 该死的罗马人 |
[33:52] | Move! | 快走 |
[33:54] | There’s Pilate at the front, | 彼拉多走在最前边 |
[33:56] | gleaming like a horse. | 真是耀武扬威 |
[34:00] | Messala does look splendid, I must say. | 不得不说 玛瑟拉还真是气度不凡 |
[34:29] | Look out! | 小心 |
[34:33] | Somebody help! | 来人啊 |
[34:40] | Do something! | 快行动 |
[34:44] | Cease them! | 抓住他们 |
[34:48] | Cease them! | 抓住他们 |
[34:50] | That’s Judah! | 那是尤达 |
[35:00] | Come on and help! | 快来人帮忙 |
[35:04] | Move! | 快走 |
[35:33] | It was an accident. A tile fell from- | 这只是意外 一块砖从… |
[35:39] | It was an accident! Please! | 这是意外 求求你们 |
[35:41] | It was an accident! Judah! | 这是意外 尤达 |
[35:44] | Please! It was an accident! | 求求你们 这只是意外 |
[35:46] | Judah! | 尤达 |
[35:51] | In broad daylight, an attack on Rome’s emissary. | 光天化日之下 袭击罗马特使 |
[35:55] | Tiberius will hear of this, | 我会把这事向提比略汇报的 |
[35:57] | and of your incompetence, you replaceable fool. | 还有你的失职 你这个没用的蠢蛋 |
[36:00] | I’ll have you removed, do you hear? | 我要把你换掉 听到了吗 |
[36:02] | Sent to the furthest reaches of the empire. | 把你遣送到帝国最偏远的地方 |
[36:05] | Am I not injured enough? | 我伤得还不够重吗 |
[36:09] | I could’ve been killed. | 他们差点要了我的命 |
[36:10] | Those responsible are under arrest, Excellency. | 那些冒犯您的人已经被捕了 大人 |
[36:12] | Crucify them. | 钉死他们 |
[36:13] | The weapon could have pierced my skull. | 那东西差点刺穿我的脑袋 |
[36:17] | Well, what are you waiting for? | 你还愣着干什么 |
[36:18] | I said crucify them. | 我说了 钉死他们 |
[36:21] | Excellency, it is the feast of the Passover. | 大人 现在是逾越节 |
[36:25] | I know that! | 我知道 |
[36:26] | That’s why I’m here. | 所以我才来这儿 |
[36:28] | To make Rome’s presence felt. | 让他们感受罗马的存在 |
[36:32] | Who are these rebels? | 这些反叛者是什么人 |
[36:33] | One of the foremost of the Jewish families in Jerusalem, | 耶路撒冷最负盛名的犹太家族之一 |
[36:36] | Judah Ben Hur and his mother and sister. | 尤达·宾虚及其母亲和妹妹 |
[36:38] | Well, make an example of them. | 那就正好以儆效尤 |
[36:39] | Crucify the man and garrotte the women. | 男人钉死 女人绞死 |
[36:49] | Do you hear me? | 听到没有 |
[37:32] | Oh, thank god! | 哦 谢天谢地 |
[37:35] | Are my mother and Tirzah safe? | 我母亲和蒂莎还好吗 |
[37:37] | You have more to concern you than their welfare. | 你还是担心一下自己吧 |
[37:41] | You attempted to kill his excellency Pontius Pilate. | 你试图谋杀庞提乌斯·彼拉多大人 |
[37:43] | Messala, it was an accident. | 玛瑟拉 那完全是意外 |
[37:46] | A tile fell from the roof! | 有块砖从屋顶上滑了下来 |
[37:49] | When the governor of a roman province is attacked in the street, | 罗马帝国行省的总督在街上遇袭 |
[37:51] | it’s not an accident. | 就不可能是意外 |
[37:52] | It’s a rebellion against Rome. | 而是对罗马统治的反抗 |
[37:54] | Have you gone mad? | 你疯了吗 |
[37:55] | You gave a signal | 你发出的信号 |
[37:56] | for the riot to begin. | 引起了动乱 |
[37:57] | You cannot believe that. | 你怎么能这样想 |
[38:01] | My family and I are your friends! | 我和我的家人都是你的朋友 |
[38:04] | You and your family have destroyed me. | 你和你的家人把我害惨了 |
[38:06] | Do you understand that? | 你知道吗 |
[38:09] | Messala… | 玛瑟拉… |
[38:11] | I knew nothing. | 我什么都不知道 |
[38:12] | Liar! | 你说谎 |
[38:14] | You lied last night. I saw it in your eyes. | 你昨晚就没说实话 从你眼里能看出来 |
[38:18] | Admit it. | 承认吧 |
[38:24] | Give me the names of the other plotters, | 你的同党是谁 |
[38:25] | the ones you signalled, you and your family. | 你和你的家人是给谁发信号 |
[38:28] | Don’t threaten my family. | 别去威胁我的家人 |
[38:32] | They are even more blameless than I. | 他们比我还要无辜 |
[38:36] | Have me go before Pilate and explain. | 带我去见彼拉多 我要解释 |
[38:38] | He wants you crucified | 他想把你钉死在十字架上 |
[38:40] | and your mother and your sister | 还有你的母亲和妹妹 |
[38:43] | to be executed by strangulation. | 也要被处以绞刑 |
[38:46] | – No! No! – Hear me, Judah! | -不 不 -听我说 尤达 |
[38:48] | You’ve destroyed the house of Hur | 你不仅毁了宾虚家族 |
[38:50] | and me with it. | 也毁了我 |
[38:51] | Messala, listen to me! | 玛瑟拉 听我说 |
[38:52] | No! You listen to me! | 不 你听我说 |
[38:55] | Where there’s a war, someone must go to it, | 战争一旦爆发 必须有人奔赴沙场 |
[38:59] | and it will not be me. | 而那个人不会是我 |
[39:02] | Messala! | 玛瑟拉 |
[39:04] | Messala! | 玛瑟拉 |
[39:06] | Messala! | 玛瑟拉 |
[39:24] | Be assured my report will make clear that your incompetence | 你放心 我会在报告里说明由于你的失职 |
[39:27] | led to this insult to the emperor. | 让皇帝受到了侮辱 |
[39:28] | – Excellency – Silence! | -大人… -闭嘴 |
[39:31] | I’m dismissing you as garrison commander | 我要撤去你驻军统领一职 |
[39:34] | And reinstating Gaius Antonius. | 恢复盖乌斯·安东尼厄斯的职位 |
[39:38] | And trust me, | 相信我 |
[39:40] | Your patron, senator Agrippa, will not intervene this time | 你的后台阿葛瑞帕议员 这次不会干预此事 |
[39:43] | to keep you in a post for which you are manifestly unfit. | 让你继续干这等尸位素餐的勾当 |
[40:13] | Keep it going! | 继续走 |
[40:18] | Get up! Up! Come on! | 起来 快点 |
[40:21] | Come on! I said get up! | 快点 我叫你快起来 |
[40:27] | Hey! Get out of here, you! | 你给我滚开 |
[40:30] | Forgive them, | 原谅他们 |
[40:32] | for they know not what they do. | 他们也不知道自己在做什么 |
[40:41] | Go on! Bugger off. | 走啊 快滚 |
[40:43] | Forward! | 前进 |
[40:54] | There you go. | 很好 |
[41:03] | No. No! | 不 不 |
[41:04] | Simonides! Simonides! | 西蒙尼特斯 西蒙尼特斯 |
[41:07] | Simonides! | 西蒙尼特斯 |
[41:16] | Am I not to be crucified? | 我不用被钉死吗 |
[41:18] | No such luck. | 你没那么走运 |
[41:20] | Your sentence has been changed. | 你的刑罚有所变化 |
[41:21] | You’re for the galleys. | 你要到船上去 |
[41:23] | A year from now, | 一年后 |
[41:24] | you’ll be wishing they put you up on a stick. | 你会后悔当初没被钉死 |
[41:50] | You are now under the command of Quintus Arrius, | 如今你们隶属昆图斯·阿乌斯管辖 |
[41:55] | commander of the southern fleet, | 他是南方舰队的统领 |
[41:58] | and victor of the battle of the Corinth straits. | 以及科林斯海峡战役的胜者 |
[42:02] | You have been chosen | 你们有幸 |
[42:05] | to carry his excellency | 送执政官大人 |
[42:08] | to receive reward for his service | 面见提比略陛下 |
[42:11] | from the hand of the emperor Tiberius himself. | 接受皇帝亲自颁发的奖赏 |
[42:16] | You may consider yourself honoured | 你们应该感到荣幸 |
[42:20] | and will acquit your duty accordingly, | 并以此为榜样尽职尽责 |
[42:23] | or, by the gods, | 否则 以众神之名 |
[42:24] | you will answer to me. | 后果自负 |
[42:27] | Honoured. You hear? | 真荣幸 听到没有 |
[42:30] | Aaah! | 啊 |
[42:31] | Silence! Silence at the oars! | 闭嘴 专心划船 |
[42:35] | Let every man know that any infraction | 全都给我听好 若有违令 |
[42:39] | will be severely dealt with. | 必遭严惩 |
[42:42] | Severely dealt with, just for a change. | 严惩 还能怎么严惩 |
[42:45] | Prepare to increase! | 准备加速 |
[42:48] | And stroke! | 起 划 |
[42:51] | And stroke! | 起 划 |
[42:53] | And stroke! | 起 划 |
[43:00] | Quintus Arrius. | 昆图斯·阿乌斯 |
[43:04] | He is the one who cleaned out the pirates, | 就是那个剿灭了海盗 |
[43:08] | and honoured we are to be rowing him to Rome. | 有幸由我们送到罗马的英雄 |
[43:15] | You feeling honoured, number 40? | 你觉得荣幸吗 四十号 |
[43:20] | They killed my wife… | 他们杀了我妻子 |
[43:24] | and my daughter… | 我女儿 |
[43:26] | and my son. | 我儿子 |
[43:29] | They create a wilderness | 他们涂炭生灵 |
[43:30] | and call it peace. | 还美其名曰和平 |
[43:34] | Every night, I dream, my friend. | 我每晚都做梦 我的朋友 |
[43:38] | Then I wake up and I’m still number 41. | 但当我一觉醒来 我还是四十一号 |
[43:44] | Go to sleep, Antigua. | 睡吧 安提瓜人 |
[43:49] | Dream of killing Romans | 如果梦见杀罗马人 |
[43:51] | and kill one for me, number 40. | 帮我也杀一个 四十号 |
[44:31] | They have two anklets. | 他们都戴有两副脚镣 |
[44:33] | Is one not enough? | 就戴一副不行吗 |
[44:36] | I switch the rowers from port to starboard | 我定时让两边的桨手 |
[44:37] | on a regular basis, excellency. | 互换位置 大人 |
[44:39] | Keeps them better balanced. | 这样效率更高 |
[44:41] | And it requires being able | 不管他们在哪边划桨 |
[44:42] | to chain them at battle stations, | 我们都要将其铐在 |
[44:43] | whichever side they’re rowing. | 干活的位置上 |
[44:45] | And does the result outweigh the cost for the extra anklets? | 就是说多配一副镣铐就更好咯 |
[44:48] | Oh yes, sir. They’re better oarsmen for it. | 是的 大人 他们因此更加高效 |
[44:51] | Well, commendations, hortator. | 很好 打赏 总管 |
[44:54] | Thank you, excellency. | 谢大人 |
[44:57] | He did not tell you it was number 40’s idea. | 他可没告诉您这其实是四十号想出的主意 |
[45:01] | Aaah! | 啊 |
[45:02] | Silence at the oars! | 专心划桨 |
[45:05] | And whose idea was it, number 41? | 到底是谁的点子 四十一号 |
[45:07] | Number 40’s. | 四十号的 |
[45:15] | Is this true, number 40. | 他所言属实吗 四十号 |
[45:18] | Would number 41 lie to Quintus Arrius? | 四十一号是否欺骗了本将军 |
[45:23] | He mentioned it to me, excellency. | 是他向我提议的 大人 |
[45:29] | And you took the advice of a galley slave. | 你采纳了一个奴隶的建议 |
[45:34] | Congratulations on having an open mind. | 心胸如此开阔 真是恭喜你了 |
[45:56] | You know what I miss the most? | 知道我最怀念什么吗 |
[45:58] | The ham. | 火腿 |
[46:01] | Our village was high, | 我们村地势很高 |
[46:03] | above the snowline come winter. | 冬天总处于雪线之上 |
[46:06] | And you’d hang the ham when the first snows came | 初雪降落时 把火腿挂出去 |
[46:09] | and leave it. | 就不用管它了 |
[46:10] | You wouldn’t take it down to taste it till spring. | 这样一直挂到春天来临 |
[46:14] | It got so fine, | 味道非常好 |
[46:15] | it melted in your mouth like honey. | 像蜂蜜一样 入口即化 |
[46:19] | When the romans came, they took the ham too. | 后来罗马人来了 也带走了火腿 |
[46:25] | The thing of it is, | 其实 |
[46:27] | I’m not afraid of death. | 我不惧怕死亡 |
[46:30] | Either it will be better than this | 现在的日子简直生不如死 |
[46:32] | or it will be nothing, | 我情愿一死了之 |
[46:35] | which would be better than this. | 倒还更痛快一些 |
[46:39] | What are you afraid of? | 你害怕什么吗 |
[46:42] | Nothing. | 什么都不怕 |
[46:44] | I’m afraid of going down in the chains. | 我好怕自己连死时都要带着枷锁 |
[46:57] | On your feet. | 起来 |
[46:58] | We’re only just off the oars. | 我们才刚刚歇口气 |
[47:00] | Aaah! | 啊 |
[47:02] | You’re wanted up top. | 上面要召见你 |
[47:22] | You’re going to see his excellency. | 见到大人 |
[47:25] | You mind your mouth in there. | 说话小心点儿 |
[47:27] | I don’t want any of your smart opinions | 我可不愿听你大放阙词 |
[47:30] | about how to run a galley. | 评论如何管理桨船 |
[47:31] | Is that clear? | 明白吗 |
[47:35] | Go on. | 走 |
[47:40] | Coming up! | 拉起 |
[47:41] | Pull out in line. | 放绳 |
[47:43] | Portside. | 左舷 |
[47:45] | Right turn! | 右转弯 |
[47:48] | Go in full. | 全速前进 |
[47:53] | Come. | 进来 |
[47:56] | Number 40, excellency. | 四十号带到 大人 |
[47:59] | Go. | 进去 |
[48:05] | I don’t suppose you know much about naval strategy, | 我想你不怎么了解海事战略吧 |
[48:07] | do you, number 40? | 对吗 四十号 |
[48:09] | Mine is not the best place to learn. | 我没有这个机会去了解 |
[48:11] | Then why would you suggest the hortator | 那你怎么会建议总管 |
[48:13] | switch the rowers from side to side. | 定时交换两边的桨手呢 |
[48:15] | I believe he explained the reason. | 我想他已经向您解释过了 |
[48:16] | The rowers will be better balanced. Yes, he did. | 桨手能更好地保持高效 这是他的话 |
[48:20] | But why would you care? | 但你怎么会关注这个 |
[48:22] | Efficiency is better than its opposite, | 讲究效率总是好事 |
[48:25] | even for a galley slave. | 奴隶也不例外 |
[48:37] | How long have you been at the oars? | 你当桨手多久了 |
[48:40] | Almost 3 years. | 快三年了 |
[48:42] | Hmm. Well, you’re certainly thriving on it. | 你的进步不小啊 |
[48:46] | How long did you get? | 你的服役期有多长 |
[48:49] | There was no limit put on my sentence. | 没有期限 |
[48:51] | And what did you do to deserve it? | 你犯的是什么罪 |
[48:54] | I was betrayed by a friend. | 有个朋友背叛了我 |
[48:57] | Ah, well, I do think here is the maximum penalty. | 看来这里的惩罚对你而言够重的 |
[49:13] | Are you gonna tell me now that you’re entirely innocent? | 你是想告诉我 你是无辜的吗 |
[49:16] | Hmm. | 是 |
[49:18] | Well, if we lived in Rome, it wouldn’t be worth comment, | 如果是在罗马 这种事简直不值一提 |
[49:20] | so commonplace it would be. | 太普遍了 |
[49:24] | Well, that is little consolation, | 好吧 这也算点安慰 |
[49:26] | when you’ve been wrongfully accused and convicted | 要知道我那时无人听证 |
[49:28] | wthout a hearing, | 即被判有罪 |
[49:29] | your family destroyed, | 然后家破人亡 |
[49:30] | and all on the word of one who was your friend. | 这一切都源于朋友的一句诽谤 |
[49:35] | Ah, well, I’m surprised | 我真没想到 |
[49:37] | that a man with your education and intelligence | 一个受过良好教育的聪明人 |
[49:40] | has lasted so long. | 可以撑这么久 |
[49:41] | This work is for unthinking brutes. | 这是头脑简单的畜生才能干的活 |
[49:44] | I’ve had encouragement in that direction. | 有人就希望我能变成那样 |
[49:52] | Come. Come! | 进来 进来 |
[49:56] | Sir, 3 ships are sighted, just put off from the headwind. | 长官 发现有三艘船逆风驶来 |
[50:00] | They’re pirates for sure. | 肯定是海盗 |
[50:02] | They have the land breeze, | 他们可以借助陆风 |
[50:03] | but they’re no match for our rowers. | 但桨手远远不如我们 |
[50:05] | We can outrun them. | 我们可以摆脱 |
[50:08] | Outrun? | 摆脱 |
[50:10] | No, no, no, no. | 不 不 |
[50:11] | Outmanoeuvre, | 可以智取 |
[50:12] | out-think, outfight, but not outrun, | 可以深思 可以战胜 但绝不能摆脱 |
[50:15] | in case news gets back to Rome | 如果消息传回罗马 |
[50:17] | when it’s converted into “running away”. | 没准就被误传为逃跑 |
[50:19] | Quintus Arrias does not run away. | 本将军绝不逃跑 |
[50:23] | Off you go, number 40, and, uh, take the grapes. | 你去吧 四十号 带点葡萄回去吃 |
[50:27] | It’ll sweeten your stroke. | 划起桨来会轻松些 |
[50:38] | Hoist your weapon. | 备好武器 |
[50:39] | Secure, boss. | 是 长官 |
[50:45] | We’re going! | 准备开战 |
[50:47] | Do you want them out? | 叫他们出来吗 |
[50:50] | Fill it up with water. | 把它灌满水 |
[51:00] | What is that? | 什么声音 |
[51:02] | A trumpet calling us to battle stations. | 是集结号 召集我们就位 |
[51:06] | I was dreaming I was in a garden, | 我刚刚梦见自己身处一座花园中 |
[51:09] | drinking sherbet. | 正在啜饮果露 |
[51:11] | I can taste it. | 现在还留有余香 |
[51:15] | Battle stations. | 又吹响了 |
[51:17] | Three pirates came out to greet us. | 三艘海盗船来打招呼了 |
[51:21] | May they capture us | 但愿他们把我们掳走 |
[51:22] | and kill all the Romans. | 然后杀死所有的罗马人 |
[51:24] | May we kill those they leave behind. | 但愿我们也有机会杀几个 |
[51:30] | Join the call. | 全部集合 |
[51:46] | It’s your lucky day, isn’t it, number 40? | 今天真是你的幸运日 对吧 四十号 |
[51:58] | Battle stations! | 各就各位 |
[52:02] | Battle stations! | 各就各位 |
[52:04] | Aye! | 是 |
[52:05] | Oars out! | 伸桨 |
[52:09] | And… | 起 |
[52:10] | Stroke. | 划 |
[52:12] | And stroke. | 起 划 |
[52:14] | And stroke. | 起 划 |
[52:16] | Port! Hold! | 左舷 停下 |
[52:19] | Port oars in! | 收桨 |
[52:24] | Hold! | 准备 |
[52:27] | They’re coming around! | 他们过来了 |
[52:32] | Secure port. | 左舷准备 |
[52:38] | Port withdraw! | 左舷平持 |
[52:42] | And stroke! | 起 划 |
[52:45] | And stroke. | 起 划 |
[52:47] | And stroke. | 起 划 |
[52:49] | And stroke. And stroke. | 起 划 起 划 |
[53:12] | Give me speed! | 加速 |
[53:14] | Stroke! | 划 |
[53:15] | And stroke! | 起 划 |
[53:17] | Archers at the ready! | 弓箭手准备就绪 |
[53:20] | Ready arrows. | 准备放箭 |
[53:20] | Hold your position. | 各就各位 |
[53:26] | Starboard in! | 右舷收桨 |
[53:31] | Release! | 放 |
[53:37] | Oars out! | 伸桨 |
[53:43] | And stroke! And stroke. | 起 划 起 划 |
[53:47] | And stroke. | 起 划 |
[53:56] | Port in! | 左舷收桨 |
[53:59] | Hold! | 停下 |
[54:02] | How many? | 有几艘船 |
[54:06] | Two more. | 至少两艘 |
[54:07] | Port, withdraw! | 左舷 平持 |
[54:11] | And stroke! | 起 划 |
[54:13] | And stroke. And stroke. | 起 划 起 划 |
[54:18] | And… | 起 |
[54:22] | Ramming speed! | 全速前进 |
[54:24] | Ramming speed! | 全速前进 |
[54:26] | And stroke! | 起 划 |
[54:28] | And stroke! And stroke! | 起 划 起 划 |
[54:32] | And stroke! | 起 划 |
[54:41] | And stroke!And stroke! | 起 划 起 划 |
[54:45] | And stroke! And stroke! | 起 划 起 划 |
[54:56] | Oh, my back! | 我的背啊 |
[55:08] | Back oars. Back oars! | 倒桨 倒桨 |
[55:10] | Back oars! | 倒桨 |
[55:17] | Get it off me! Get off! | 别过来 别过来 |
[55:22] | Help! | 救命 |
[55:29] | Judah, the chains! | 尤达 脚镣 |
[55:34] | The chains! | 脚镣 |
[55:35] | Judah! | 尤达 |
[55:38] | The chains! | 脚镣 |
[55:43] | Quickly, Judah. | 快点 尤达 |
[55:52] | Judah! | 尤达 |
[56:27] | It’s no use. | 没有用的 |
[56:29] | Go, number 40… | 快跑 四十号 |
[56:31] | And kill a roman for me. | 帮我杀个罗马人吧 |
[56:35] | Don’t let me drown in these chains. | 别让我带着脚镣溺死 |
[59:17] | You? | 是你 |
[59:19] | Number… 40. | 四十号 |
[59:22] | Who else. | 还能是谁 |
[59:24] | Oh! | 哦 |
[59:27] | Are there other survivors? | 还有人活着吗 |
[59:29] | There’s been no sign. | 看来没了 |
[59:34] | This needs to come out. | 必须把它拔出来 |
[59:36] | Not if it’s barbed. | 要是带钩可不行 |
[59:37] | Well, try. | 试试看吧 |
[59:39] | One good pull. | 使劲拔出去 |
[59:41] | That’s an order! Now pull it! | 我命令你 拔出去 |
[1:00:10] | Ha, that’s very clever. | 还真有一套呢 |
[1:00:12] | Detach blade so that it stays in the body. | 加了倒刺好让其嵌在肉里 |
[1:00:22] | The great Quintus Arrius adrift with a slave | 伟大的昆图斯·阿乌斯此刻本该享受荣耀 |
[1:00:25] | in his hour of triumph. | 却跟个奴隶漂在水里 |
[1:00:28] | But you’re still alive. | 可你还活着 |
[1:00:29] | You mean I’m not dead. There’s a difference. | 你是说我还没死 这可不一样 |
[1:00:33] | I know the difference. | 这我懂 |
[1:00:36] | Well, the gods have their own sense of humour. | 上天自有定数 |
[1:00:39] | I trust you still believe in your god. | 我看你仍然没丢掉信仰 |
[1:00:42] | How can I say other when I am delivered from my chains? | 不应该吗 没看我脚镣都没锁上 |
[1:00:46] | Not by a god. | 这并非神赐 |
[1:00:48] | Before each battle, I, um… | 每次作战之前 |
[1:00:52] | unchain one rower. | 我都会解开一个桨手的脚镣 |
[1:00:54] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:00:57] | Call it a reminder of humility, | 为了不忘谦卑 |
[1:01:00] | an antidote to hubris | 为了避免傲慢 |
[1:01:02] | or… | 或者说 |
[1:01:04] | simply habit. | 我就这脾气 |
[1:01:07] | Why me? | 为什么放的是我 |
[1:01:10] | Maybe I like the way you eat grapes. | 可能就因为喜欢你吃葡萄的样子 |
[1:01:40] | What? | 什么情况 |
[1:01:46] | What is it? | 什么东西 |
[1:01:48] | A sail. | 有船 |
[1:01:54] | I will not be taken by pirates. | 我可不愿被海盗擒获 |
[1:01:58] | If this is a pirate’s ship, you must not let them take me. | 要真是海盗船 你可不能让我被抓了 |
[1:02:01] | So, having saved your life, I should take it, | 这么说 为了救你的命 |
[1:02:05] | to save you from the oars. | 我就不能让你遭划桨的罪 |
[1:02:09] | If this is a Roman ship, | 要是罗马人的船 |
[1:02:12] | I will not let them take you back. | 我不会让他们抓你回去 |
[1:02:13] | You will come to Rome as my slave. | 你可以作为奴隶随我回罗马 |
[1:02:17] | This is a better form of servitude. | 这比服劳役要好多了 |
[1:02:18] | You have my word on it, number 40. | 记住我的话 四十号 |
[1:02:22] | My name is Judah Ben Hur. | 我的名字是尤达·宾虚 |
[1:02:27] | You have my word Judah Ben Hur. | 我向你保证 尤达·宾虚 |
[1:02:39] | Hey! Hey! | 喂 喂 |
[1:02:43] | Hey! | 喂 |
[1:02:47] | Hey! | 喂 |
[1:02:59] | Their chieftain is here as you ordered. | 按您吩咐把首领带来了 |
[1:03:01] | His family? | 家眷呢 |
[1:03:03] | The women killed themselves. | 女人均自尽了 |
[1:03:05] | He was only taken alive with great difficulty. | 我们费了好大周折才活捉他 |
[1:03:07] | Cost us 3 men. | 折了三个弟兄 |
[1:03:26] | Will we crucify him, sir? | 要钉死他吗 长官 |
[1:03:28] | No, keep him alive. | 不 留他活口 |
[1:03:31] | I have a better idea. | 我自有打算 |
[1:03:48] | My son will receive his reward at the hands of Tiberius himself | 犬子将由提比略陛下亲自犒赏 |
[1:03:51] | when he returns to Rome. | 只待其回到罗马 |
[1:03:53] | Such are his triumphs against the thracians. | 此乃大胜色雷斯人之凯旋 |
[1:03:58] | Well, I’m glad that your son has finally made you proud. | 公子光宗耀祖 我甚感欣慰 |
[1:04:02] | You’ve waited a long time for a return on your investment. | 你当时呕心沥血 今日终得回报 |
[1:04:05] | Bastards got on mistresses need time to prove themselves. | 流连脂粉的混小子需要时间来证明自己 |
[1:04:11] | At least I will have a son to carry on my name. | 至少我血脉不断 后继有人了 |
[1:04:14] | So, Marcellus, you’ve seen fit to bestow it on him. | 马赛勒斯 您终于决定让他继承家业了 |
[1:04:18] | I need Tiberius’ approval. | 尚需提比略陛下的旨意 |
[1:04:21] | Well, you know how he likes a man to die without heirs, | 你也知陛下向来喜爱无嗣之臣 |
[1:04:24] | so that all his estates are subject to his decree. | 普天之下 莫非王土 |
[1:04:27] | Well, let’s pray he survives you… | 那就只能指望他法外开恩 |
[1:04:29] | to carry on your illustrious name. | 让你的英名后继有人了 |
[1:04:32] | Quite so. | 正是如此 |
[1:04:34] | I hope to prevail on Tiberius | 我希望能说服陛下 |
[1:04:36] | to grant Octavius Messala the governorship of Judea, | 任命奥克塔维斯·玛瑟拉为朱迪亚总督 |
[1:04:39] | and replace that wretch who did so much to obstruct his advancement. | 取代那碍手碍脚的卑鄙之徒 |
[1:04:43] | And Tiberius will grant this favour? | 陛下可会恩准 |
[1:04:45] | There are ways to influence an emperor. | 帝王之心亦非顽石 |
[1:04:47] | My thracian will take his fancy, | 我的色雷斯人必能讨他欢喜 |
[1:04:49] | and of course, Athene can be most persuasive. | 雅典娜之说服力更是不容小视 |
[1:04:55] | Oh gods! | 怎会这般 |
[1:04:57] | I feel the need of a little intestinal relief. | 容我更衣 稍去便回 |
[1:05:01] | Excuse me. | 见谅 |
[1:05:15] | I can give you something to dull the pain. | 妾有良计 可止疼缓痛 |
[1:05:22] | And how do you feel about being on loan to our emperor? | 他将你献与皇帝 你有何感想 |
[1:05:25] | I am a whore. | 妾本娼妓 |
[1:05:27] | How should I feel? | 有何感想可言 |
[1:05:43] | So, which is your galley-slave-turned-gladiator? | 从船奴变成角斗士的是哪个 |
[1:05:48] | The blond one. | 浅发那个 |
[1:05:51] | But he’s no gladiator. | 但他不是角斗士 |
[1:05:53] | He’s my body servant. | 他是我的贴身仆人 |
[1:06:01] | Skilled in arms. | 战技着实了得 |
[1:06:04] | What, does the victor of the corinth straits fear assassination, | 难道科林斯海峡之胜者还怕遇刺不成 |
[1:06:07] | where you must go guarded in the streets? | 朗朗乾坤 何须保镖护身 |
[1:06:10] | He’s beautiful, your body servant. | 您那贴身仆人真是英俊 |
[1:06:14] | Indeed. | 没错 |
[1:06:17] | You pick well, Quintus. | 昆图斯 您好眼力 |
[1:06:18] | We chose each other. | 英雄识英雄 |
[1:06:22] | Chose each other, did we? | 英雄识英雄 我们也是 |
[1:06:41] | Enough, enough. | 好了好了 |
[1:06:43] | You improve day by day. | 你的剑法日益精进 |
[1:06:50] | A fine-looking specimen. | 好俊的后生 |
[1:06:52] | What say you match him against my thracian | 叫他和我的色雷斯人在皇帝面前 |
[1:06:55] | before the emperor? | 比划比划 如何 |
[1:06:57] | There is no likelihood of that. | 这是不可能的 |
[1:06:58] | I value him too much to see him butchered for your amusement. | 我宠他不及 怎可为博您一笑而送他性命 |
[1:07:02] | I’ll give you words. | 我有事禀报 |
[1:07:05] | Hmm? | 何事 |
[1:07:06] | He’s learning well. | 可教之才 |
[1:07:07] | And he’s learning fast. | 进步神速 |
[1:07:10] | Could you have killed him? | 你可有机会取他性命 |
[1:07:11] | Today? Only about a half-dozen times. | 今天吗 也就有几次机会 |
[1:07:39] | I am Athene. | 我是雅典娜 |
[1:07:41] | Judah. | 尤达 |
[1:07:43] | So you are a Jew and I’m a Greek. | 那么你是犹太人 我是希腊人 |
[1:07:47] | Both of us conquered peoples, | 我们都是受奴役之人 |
[1:07:49] | subject to the will of Rome | 屈从于罗马的意志 |
[1:07:51] | and romans. | 和那些罗马人 |
[1:07:55] | We should make common cause | 只要有机会 |
[1:07:58] | while we have the chance. | 我们就应该携手并肩 |
[1:08:02] | If you’ll excuse me. | 请恕我不能奉陪 |
[1:08:13] | Did you, um… | 你… |
[1:08:15] | the greek, did she take you to her bed? | 那希腊女人带你上床了吗 |
[1:08:21] | She’s not to my taste. | 我不喜欢她那类型 |
[1:08:24] | Judah… | 尤达 |
[1:08:27] | No, don’t make me laugh. | 可别逗我笑 |
[1:08:29] | It hurts too much. | 太疼了 |
[1:08:39] | Go to her. | 上了她 |
[1:08:43] | You’re asking me to sleep with this woman? | 您要求我和那个女人睡觉吗 |
[1:08:44] | No. | 不是要求 |
[1:08:46] | I’m ordering you to. | 我是命令你 |
[1:08:49] | It will not be such a hardship. | 又不是让你去干苦差事 |
[1:08:53] | Why would you wish it? | 您为什么希望这样 |
[1:08:55] | Because Marcellus Agrippa wants it. | 因为马赛勒斯·阿葛瑞帕希望这样 |
[1:08:58] | – Marcellus Agrippa. – Yeah. | -马赛勒斯·阿葛瑞帕 -是的 |
[1:09:00] | He uses her for his ends, | 他在利用她 |
[1:09:02] | few of which are carnal. | 但不是为了占有她 |
[1:09:05] | She will inquire of things he wants to know, | 她帮他探听消息 |
[1:09:07] | such as what you are to me, how long I will last, | 比如你我的关系 我还能活多久 |
[1:09:11] | and who are my heirs. | 谁会成为我的继承人 |
[1:09:13] | Why does he want to know these things? | 他为什么想探听这些 |
[1:09:15] | Because in Rome, knowledge is power. | 因为在罗马 消息就是一切 |
[1:09:18] | And he over whom you do not have power, has power over you. | 你不能控制他 他便反过来控制你 |
[1:09:21] | I see you’ve learned the ways of the imperium. | 我知道你已经学会了权谋之道 |
[1:09:24] | I had a good teacher. | 那是老师教得好 |
[1:09:30] | Your physicians have no remedy for your pain? | 大夫没给您开止疼药吗 |
[1:09:32] | No, I have had my fill with them. | 开了 我吃过了 |
[1:09:34] | When my time comes, I will take the pink bath. | 等我要走的时候想好好洗个澡 |
[1:09:37] | The roman way. | 罗马式的 |
[1:09:37] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:09:39] | Ok. | 好了 |
[1:09:41] | Rest now. | 您得休息了 |
[1:09:42] | All will be well. | 都会好起来的 |
[1:09:51] | Judah, I would have you as my heir, | 尤达 我要让你做继承人 |
[1:09:56] | to have at your disposal my estates and my name. | 我的资产和名号都归你了 |
[1:10:00] | And to go with them, Roman citizenship, | 还有 罗马公民的身份 |
[1:10:06] | and a full pardon for all charges held against you. | 对你的一切指控均已赦免 |
[1:10:10] | What of your kin? | 那您的亲属呢 |
[1:10:12] | I have none, saving you now… | 现在除了你 就没有了 |
[1:10:16] | Sextus Arrius. | 赛克斯·阿乌斯 |
[1:10:20] | Sextus was my son. | 我儿子赛克斯 |
[1:10:22] | He died many years ago in a plague with his mother. | 很多年前一场瘟疫令他们母子西去 |
[1:10:25] | You do me honour to give me his name. | 用他的名是我莫大的荣幸 |
[1:10:28] | Then all I ask is you do not disgrace it. | 我只希望你不要辱没了它 |
[1:10:31] | No more than I would my own father’s. | 我必待其如我父之名 |
[1:10:35] | Then we are both well-placed, my son. | 那我们算是两全其美了 孩子 |
[1:10:39] | Come. | 过来 |
[1:10:48] | You know I cannot rest until I have had my revenge | 您应该知道 我必须要复仇 |
[1:10:51] | upon he who killed my mother and sister. | 找到杀我母亲和妹妹的家伙 |
[1:10:54] | Octavius Messala. | 奥克塔维斯·玛瑟拉 |
[1:11:06] | Emperor, my sources reported | 陛下 臣得悉 |
[1:11:08] | that Pontius Pilate is inept, incompetent and corrupt, | 庞提乌斯·彼拉多不堪其职 贪污腐化 |
[1:11:11] | and that Judea, were it administered properly, | 朱迪亚地区若管理得当 |
[1:11:13] | would contribute 5 times the sum | 其应得税款 |
[1:11:15] | you presently receive from its taxes. | 应是目前的五倍以上 |
[1:11:20] | Octavius Messala would assure these revenues. | 然奥克塔维斯·玛瑟拉可堪此任 |
[1:11:24] | Indeed, I will guarantee them in advance. | 臣愿为此作担保 |
[1:11:27] | Such is my confidence in his abilities. | 其治理能力毋庸置疑 |
[1:11:35] | I was never handsome. | 朕本相貌平平 |
[1:11:38] | My mother said I was her least favourite child. | 母后曾言朕最不得宠 |
[1:11:43] | Do me justice, but no favours. | 直言勿恭 |
[1:11:45] | Do you understand? | 明白与否 |
[1:11:50] | Tell me, Marcellus, | 马赛勒斯 告诉朕 |
[1:11:51] | is this not the same Octavius Messala who, not 4 years ago, | 奥克塔维斯·玛瑟拉是不是曾因渎职 |
[1:11:55] | was sent abroad in disgrace by Pontius Pilate | 四年前由庞提乌斯·彼拉多 |
[1:11:58] | for conspicuous neglect of his duties? | 放逐海外的那个家伙 |
[1:12:01] | Uh, a contrivance against him | 禀陛下 此皆因彼拉多徇私 |
[1:12:04] | so that Pilate could reinstall his own favourite. | 陷害他人 安插亲信所致 |
[1:12:08] | Messala knows these Jews. | 玛瑟拉对犹太人再熟悉不过 |
[1:12:10] | He’s lived amongst them. | 生于斯 长于斯 |
[1:12:12] | He speaks their language, knows their customs. | 精通语言 知晓风俗 |
[1:12:15] | He has assured- | 此人可保… |
[1:12:16] | I will consider it. | 朕自有思量 |
[1:12:20] | I could ask no more. | 臣不敢多求 |
[1:12:22] | What’s this I hear about some gladiator you own? | 朕听说你有一角斗士 |
[1:12:27] | Ah. Yes. | 是 陛下 |
[1:12:30] | My thracian. | 是色雷斯人 |
[1:12:32] | Sent to me by Messala. | 正是玛瑟拉所献 |
[1:12:35] | Already he has 3 kills to his credit. | 其力戮三人 名震四方 |
[1:12:38] | I should like to see him in action. | 朕有意亲眼一见 |
[1:12:39] | By your decree, emperor. | 遵命 陛下 |
[1:12:41] | Um, but I-I-I’m having difficulty in finding him opponents. | 只是 恐怕很难找到他的对手 |
[1:12:46] | Or perhaps I should say “victims”. | 或者说 他的”刀下鬼” |
[1:12:49] | I challenged Quintus Arrius | 我曾怂恿昆图斯·阿乌斯 |
[1:12:51] | to put his young protaogaoe up against him, | 让他那个年轻的仆人出战 |
[1:12:54] | but he prizes him too much. | 但他视其如珍宝 |
[1:12:56] | I think perhaps there’s more to that matter than meets the eye. | 或许他们之间有不可告人的隐情 |
[1:13:00] | There usually is. | 通常都是这样 |
[1:13:02] | Well, we must find some way of having your protaogaoe | 我们要想个办法让你的仆人 |
[1:13:06] | entertain us at my next gathering. | 在下次宴会上露一手 |
[1:13:09] | At the emperor’s command… | 陛下的旨意 |
[1:13:12] | it shall be done. | 臣必竭力达成 |
[1:13:34] | I had not expected virginity along with virility. | 没想到你第一次就这么威猛 |
[1:13:39] | But I am honoured to receive it. | 我很荣幸做你的第一次 |
[1:13:48] | You must allow me the privilege of advancing your education. | 请允许我教你些技巧吧 |
[1:13:53] | And why would you do that? | 为何要这么做呢 |
[1:13:55] | I might teach you to pleasure me | 我教会你 也就能愉悦我 |
[1:13:58] | as well as yourself. | 当然也能愉悦你 |
[1:14:01] | And some day you might have a wife | 或有一天 你有了妻子 |
[1:14:03] | who would appreciate such skills. | 她必会对此相当受用 |
[1:14:06] | And it would give you time to find out | 这样你也就有时间 |
[1:14:08] | whatever Marcellus Agrippa bid you learn. | 听从马赛勒斯·阿葛瑞帕的吩咐打探消息 |
[1:14:11] | You may tell me what you please or not. | 你可以拒绝 也可以接受 |
[1:14:15] | Or did not Quintus Arrius bid you do the same? | 难道你就没有听从昆图斯·阿乌斯的吩咐 |
[1:14:23] | We will not quarrel over this. | 我们不要为此争论了 |
[1:14:31] | Marcellus Agrippa… | 马赛勒斯·阿葛瑞帕 |
[1:14:34] | he has a son. | 他有子嗣 |
[1:14:37] | Octavius Messala. | 奥克塔维斯·玛瑟拉 |
[1:14:39] | Do you know him? | 你认识他吗 |
[1:14:43] | A great hero by all accounts. | 据说是个英雄人物 |
[1:14:47] | No doubt I will have the chance to judge for myself. | 无疑我会亲身实践 一探究竟 |
[1:14:55] | I see I have your attention again. | 看来我又勾起你的性趣了 |
[1:15:01] | This time, keep in mind that this is not a sprint. | 要记住 这不是赛跑 |
[1:15:20] | Look at this | 看看这些 |
[1:15:23] | I would exchange it all | 朕要改变这种生活 |
[1:15:25] | to be once more on the battlefield. | 再一次回归战场 |
[1:15:28] | Did you not find it so, Quintus Arrius, | 你不觉得吗 昆图斯·阿乌斯 |
[1:15:31] | that war is so much simpler than life? | 战争要比生活简单多了 |
[1:15:34] | One cannot make war forever. | 但没人能永远作战 |
[1:15:37] | There comes a time when you have to put the sword down, | 总会有那么一天 必须放下手中的剑 |
[1:15:40] | especially when you can’t hold it. | 尤其是年老力衰之时 |
[1:15:47] | My dear Quintus, you look worse than I do. | 亲爱的昆图斯 你看上去比朕还糟 |
[1:15:51] | Shall I send for my physician? | 朕让御医给你检查下吧 |
[1:15:53] | He has not killed me yet. | 他还算是没把朕医死 |
[1:15:55] | No, uh, I have made my own arrangements | 不用了 我已安排妥当了 |
[1:15:58] | but I thank the emperor. | 但非常感谢陛下的关心 |
[1:16:02] | Then what can I do? | 那么朕可以做些什么呢 |
[1:16:03] | For me, nothing. | 为我吗 什么都不用 |
[1:16:06] | But I would have your approval of my intention | 但希望您能批准我的安排 |
[1:16:10] | to leave all I possess, including my name, | 将我的所有家产 包括姓氏 |
[1:16:14] | to someone of whom I have become fond, | 留给我最宠爱的仆人 |
[1:16:17] | to whom, indeed, I owe my life, | 也是救我一命的恩人 |
[1:16:21] | or what is left of it. | 或说是半条吧 |
[1:16:23] | This is your galley slave. | 这就是你的船奴 |
[1:16:25] | The one who Marcellus speaks as your catamite. | 也就是马赛勒斯所说的 你的娈童 |
[1:16:29] | He is my companion, nothing more. | 他只是我的同伴 仅此而已 |
[1:16:31] | Oh, my dear Quintus, you are at liberty | 亲爱的昆图斯 你不必如此 |
[1:16:35] | to bequeath your name and its fame and all you possess | 姓氏和财产都是你的 |
[1:16:38] | to whom you choose. | 想给谁便给谁 |
[1:16:39] | Your service to Rome and its laws grant you that. | 这是罗马法律赋予你的权利 |
[1:16:42] | But in Rome, the supreme law is yours. | 但在罗马 陛下您即最高法律 |
[1:16:48] | So… | 如此说来 |
[1:16:50] | How is it a galley slave saves the life of an admiral? | 一个船奴是如何救了海军统帅一命的呢 |
[1:16:54] | By the will of the gods. | 此乃诸神之意志 |
[1:16:57] | Indeed. | 的确 |
[1:16:59] | We do amuse ourselves in the most peculiar fashion sometimes. | 造化弄人 有时就是这么不可思议 |
[1:17:05] | Very well, | 非常好 |
[1:17:06] | if that is what you wish. | 如果这真是你的意愿 |
[1:17:09] | Then I must meet this fortunate young fellow. | 那朕一定要见见这个幸运的年轻人了 |
[1:17:12] | Bring him to my next masque. | 下次化装宴会 带他来吧 |
[1:17:16] | Well, I’m in your debt. | 我欠您一个大人情 |
[1:17:17] | I may require you to acknowledge that before you slip anchor. | 或许在你离开前 朕就会请你还掉人情 |
[1:17:22] | I wouldn’t delay your request long. | 我绝不会推辞的 |
[1:17:24] | I wouldn’t want to disappoint my emperor. | 我一定不会让陛下失望 |
[1:17:34] | May I? | 容臣告退 |
[1:17:34] | You may. | 下去吧 |
[1:17:59] | Emperor. | 陛下 |
[1:18:02] | Emperor. | 陛下 |
[1:18:11] | I have the honour of presenting to you | 我很荣幸向您引荐 |
[1:18:13] | my son, Sextus Arrius. | 犬子赛克斯·阿乌斯 |
[1:18:17] | Well, let me have a look at the paragon. | 很好 让朕来看看这位完人 |
[1:18:21] | Take off your mask, Sextus. | 摘下你的面具 赛克斯 |
[1:18:30] | I hear you are no mean man at arms. | 朕听说你战技超群 |
[1:18:33] | I am but an apprentice at the trade, emperor. | 我只是略懂皮毛 陛下 |
[1:18:37] | Well, | 很好 |
[1:18:38] | I hope to have some evidence of your prowess. | 朕想亲眼看看你有多勇猛 |
[1:18:45] | I would have your new-found heir | 朕有意让你新立的继承人 |
[1:18:48] | display his skills for us, Quintus Arrius. | 为我们表演一番 昆图斯·阿乌斯 |
[1:18:51] | In what manner? | 如何表演 |
[1:18:52] | Well, by combat. | 当然是角斗 |
[1:18:55] | I hadn’t thought that such a display would be necessary. | 我认为实在没必要做这种危险的表演 |
[1:18:58] | Did I not say that you were in my debt | 我难道没说过 你欠我一个人情吗 |
[1:19:01] | and did you not tell me | 你不是说过 |
[1:19:03] | that I must make haste to have it repaid? | 绝不会推辞吗 |
[1:19:06] | I am the emperor’s to command. | 谨遵陛下旨意 |
[1:19:11] | What of the thracian of yours? | 你那个色雷斯人怎么样 |
[1:19:13] | At the emperor’s pleasure. | 愿为陛下尽兴 |
[1:19:17] | Emperor, this was not my understanding. | 陛下 这不是我的意愿 |
[1:19:19] | There is no understanding | 这里没有谁的意愿 |
[1:19:22] | But mine, Quintus Arrius. | 能高过我 昆图斯·阿乌斯 |
[1:19:24] | Replace your mask. | 戴上你的面具 |
[1:19:27] | You do not have the permisison to show your face. | 你未经朕允许 怎敢摘下面具 |
[1:19:58] | Sword against spear. | 圣剑对长矛 |
[1:19:59] | Best of all of Ares. | 均为战神之圣器 |
[1:20:02] | Is it to your satisfaction? | 您还满意吗 |
[1:20:04] | If they know how to use them. | 只要他们懂得如何使用 |
[1:20:06] | Oh, I can assure you, my thracian does. | 我向您保证 色雷斯人肯定懂得 |
[1:20:10] | And what about your Sextus? | 那么你的赛克斯呢 |
[1:21:07] | Emperor, emperor, I beg you. | 陛下 陛下 我恳求您 |
[1:21:32] | Kill him! | 杀了他 |
[1:21:41] | Just kill him! | 给我杀了他 |
[1:21:52] | Emperor! | 陛下 |
[1:21:55] | It seems you were right. | 看来您是对的 |
[1:21:57] | The gods amuse themselves in a peculiar way. | 诸神会以不可思议的方式寻我们开心 |
[1:22:05] | Emperor! The man was mad! | 陛下 那家伙疯了 |
[1:22:08] | Emperor! | 陛下 |
[1:22:38] | Your god, he sets his hand | 你所信仰的神 总是会 |
[1:22:41] | against those who slaughter, does he not? | 惩罚那些杀戮无辜之人 对吗 |
[1:22:46] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:22:48] | It’s hard to tell with gods, | 神祗这种事没人能说清楚 |
[1:22:51] | whether they care about our ways or | 谁知道他们是否在乎我们 |
[1:22:55] | whether indeed they are anything but our fancies, written large. | 又或者 他们只是我们臆造的幻想 |
[1:23:04] | Do not grieve unduly. | 不要太过悲伤 |
[1:23:07] | I’ve had about as much life as one can live. | 我活得已经够长了 |
[1:23:12] | You have a long way to go, my son. | 而你还有很长的路要走 孩子 |
[1:23:26] | Do not spend it all in vengeance. | 别用一辈子去复仇 |
[1:23:29] | Do not sour it with hatred. | 别让仇恨毁了你的一生 |
[1:23:54] | Maybe there are no gods. | 或许 神祗并不存在 |
[1:23:56] | Maybe one lives on in others. | 或许 生与死并无界限 |
[1:24:01] | So when you eat a grape, you think of me. | 当你吃葡萄的时候 你就会想起我 |
[1:24:54] | Your grief does you credit. | 你的悲伤值得赞誉 |
[1:24:56] | Who would not grieve such a man as Quintus Arrius? | 谁不会因昆图斯·阿乌斯的离去而悲伤呢 |
[1:25:00] | There are many dry eyes, I assure you. | 我敢保证 冷血之人不在少数 |
[1:25:03] | Oh yes. | 是啊 |
[1:25:05] | Well… | 好了 |
[1:25:08] | Marcellus has other concerns, does he not? | 马赛勒斯又在策划什么事情 对吧 |
[1:25:12] | Has he managed to placate the emperor? | 是在想着如何抚慰皇帝吗 |
[1:25:15] | We are doing our best. | 我们已经在尽力了 |
[1:25:18] | He’s persistent, my master. | 我的主人 他太固执了 |
[1:25:21] | We are headed to Jerusalem to meet his son at the games. | 我们要去耶路撒冷 到竞逐赛上见他儿子 |
[1:25:26] | He means to have him installed there as his new governor. | 他有意让儿子留在那里任总督 |
[1:25:31] | My condolences on your loss. | 节哀顺变 |
[1:25:34] | But you will soon feel better, Sextus Arrius, | 很快就能走出阴影的 赛克斯·阿乌斯 |
[1:25:36] | Now that you have your late father’s estates. | 既然你继承了父亲的遗产 |
[1:25:39] | Perhaps we will meet again in more cheerful circumstances. | 我们会在很多愉快的场合再见面的 |
[1:25:42] | At your son’s investiture in Jerusalem? | 比如你儿子的任职仪式吗 |
[1:25:45] | What would take you to that godforsaken place? | 那种被上帝遗弃的地方 您愿意去吗 |
[1:25:47] | Jerusalem is not forsaken by god, Senator. | 上帝绝没有遗弃耶路撒冷 议员大人 |
[1:25:50] | Oh, you’re a Jew. | 对了 你是犹太人 |
[1:25:53] | Well, certainly if you come for the chariot race, | 当然 如果您愿意去看看战车竞逐赛 |
[1:25:55] | you will meet Octavius Messala. | 我会向你引荐奥克塔维斯·玛瑟拉 |
[1:25:57] | I will live in hope. | 乐意之至 |
[1:26:04] | I will miss you, Judah. | 我会想你的 尤达 |
[1:26:18] | Farewell, Quintus Arrius. | 别了 昆图斯·阿乌斯 |
[1:26:23] | I promise you… | 我向你保证 |
[1:26:26] | I will not disgrace the name you gave me. | 我永不会让你的姓氏蒙羞 |
[1:26:31] | But I will have my revenge… | 但我仍会去复仇 |
[1:26:34] | no matter the cost. | 不惜代价 |
[1:27:17] | Hah! | 驾 |
[1:27:21] | What brings you to this armpit of a country? | 什么风把你吹到这个穷乡僻壤来的 |
[1:27:23] | I’ve come for the games. | 我是来看竞逐赛的 |
[1:27:27] | You hate expensively, Judah Ben Hur. | 多么昂贵的仇恨啊 尤达·宾虚 |
[1:27:32] | Come, empty your mind of what troubles you. | 抛开所有的烦忧 |
[1:27:38] | – Esther! – Leave me alone! | -埃丝特 -离我远点 |
[1:27:39] | What’s happened to you? | 你到底怎么了 |
[1:27:42] | My sentence was life at the oars! | 我被判终身为奴 摇橹至死 |
[1:27:46] | You seem to have rowed your way to freedom. | 恭喜你摇出了一条康庄大道 |
[1:27:48] | I will not wait forever on you, Esther. | 我是不会永远等你的 埃丝特 |
[1:27:51] | When does Octavius Messala arrive? | 奥克塔维斯·玛瑟拉何时来 |
[1:27:53] | Octavius messala will be here? | 奥克塔维斯·玛瑟拉会来吗 |
[1:27:56] | I told you your replacement was on his way. | 我刚才说过 你的接班人在路上了 |
[1:27:59] | What was it, the name of the family you lived with? | 那家曾养育过你的犹太人姓什么 |
[1:28:03] | Who cares? | 管它呢 |
[1:28:05] | Yah! | 驾 |
[1:28:07] | So that is your son. | 那便是您的儿子吧 |
[1:28:09] | Yes, of course, you have not met. | 是的 当然 还未向你引见 |
[1:28:10] | I will meet him tonight. | 今晚就会见面的 |
[1:28:13] | Welcome, Marcellus. | 欢迎光临 马赛勒斯 |
[1:28:14] | And most especially Octavius Messala. | 尤其欢迎奥克塔维斯·玛瑟拉 |
[1:28:17] | What’s this game, Judah? | 你到底想怎样 尤达 |
[1:28:18] | This game is one that you will lose. | 我要让你一败涂地 |
[1:28:21] | I should’ve had him crucified! | 我当初就该把他钉死 |
[1:28:23] | What stopped you? | 那你为何没动手呢 |
[1:28:24] | Judah Ben Hur! | 尤达·宾虚 |
[1:28:25] | I will see the light go out in your eyes. | 我将亲手熄灭你的生命之光 |
[1:28:27] | A race can be to the death as to the line. | 赛场可分胜负 亦可见生死 |
[1:28:30] | That is a bitter finish line indeed. | 那可真是一场仇恨之战了 |
[1:28:33] | These damn games were not trouble enough. | 这无聊的比赛还不够折磨人吗 |
[1:28:35] | Will only rouse the populace like the zealot in town. | 只会激发民众的反抗意志 |
[1:28:39] | Wait until after the race and hand him over. | 比赛结束后将此异教头子逮捕并移送 |
[1:28:42] | So be it. | 就这样吧 |
[1:28:43] | Damned Judah Ben Hur! | 天杀的尤达·宾虚 |
[1:28:44] | Forgive him. | 原谅他吧 |
[1:28:46] | I have no forgiveness in me. | 我不是什么宽厚之人 |
[1:28:47] | Leave this be now! | 别说了 |
[1:28:50] | Esther, the knot is tied | 埃丝特 苦悔家恨深似海 |
[1:28:52] | and cannot be undone but with a cut. | 唯刃仇头可开怀 |
[1:29:02] | Yah! Yah! | 驾 驾 |