英文名称:Water For Elephants
年代:2011
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:53] | What’s the word, Charlie? | 那个词怎么说来着 查理 |
[00:55] | We going through, or what? | 我们是过去不过去啊 |
[00:59] | Heading back through the truck? | 想从卡车间穿过去吗 |
[01:03] | Come on, old timer, what are you doing? | 快点 老伙计 你在干什么 |
[01:09] | Uh, excuse me, sir. Can we help you? | 抱歉 先生 我能为你做些什么吗 |
[01:12] | Can we help you with something? | 我们有什么可以帮你的吗 |
[01:15] | Did I miss the Spec? | 我错过表演了吗 |
[01:17] | Yeah, I’m afraid so. The show was this afternoon. | 恐怕是的 表演是在下午 |
[01:23] | Did you come with the folks from Green Haven? | 你是和绿色天堂的人一起来的吗 |
[01:25] | Why don’t we get out of the rain, | 进来避避雨 |
[01:27] | and we’ll call them for you. | 我们来帮你联系他们 |
[01:29] | No, no, no, no! I came on my own. | 不不不 我是自己来的 |
[01:32] | No, it’s okay. We’re gonna call the home. | 没关系 我们会给老年之家打电话 |
[01:33] | We’re gonna have them come pick you up. | 让他们来接你 |
[01:35] | I’m telling you, I didn’t come with the home! | 跟你说了 我不是跟老年之家一起来的 |
[01:38] | Why don’t you take those rings out of your head, | 你怎么不把这些环从头上摘下来呢 |
[01:41] | and maybe you won’t be deaf and dumb! | 也许那样你就不会又聋又哑了 |
[01:44] | Well, it’s alive. | 用来纪念生命 |
[01:46] | I’m sorry, kid. I didn’t mean that. | 对不起 孩子 我不是那个意思 |
[01:51] | Your rings look very | 你的穿环看起来很 |
[01:54] | pretty. | 漂亮 |
[01:57] | Russ, why don’t you take that | 洛斯 不如你把拐杖拿进我的拖车 |
[01:59] | walker back to my trailer and finish packing up? | 然后回去继续收拾 |
[02:01] | Sir? Man, I gotta get you out of this parking lot. | 先生 我得带你离开停车场 |
[02:05] | Why don’t you sit down in the wheelchair? | 请坐上轮椅好吗 |
[02:07] | We’ll go inside and make some calls. | 我们进屋去 我再打几个电话 |
[02:09] | Come on, please. | 来吧 拜托了 |
[02:14] | Malcolm, tell them to come through! | 马尔科姆 让他们开过来 |
[02:16] | Yeah. Hey, how you doing? | 你好吗 |
[02:18] | I’m looking for a number I can’t seem to find in the book. | 我要查个号码 在电话本里没找到 |
[02:20] | It’s for a nursing home called Green Haven. | 是一家叫绿色天堂的老年之家 |
[02:24] | I hope they sweat. | 我就是希望他们担心 |
[02:26] | I walked right out of the door and nobody noticed. | 我就这么径直走出门外 根本没人注意 |
[02:29] | Green Haven. | 绿色天堂 |
[02:31] | It’s a nursing home. | 是个老年之家 |
[02:34] | Hello? Hello? | 喂 喂 |
[02:37] | Hagenbeck-Wallace! Before the wreck. | 这是出事前的哈根贝克-华莱士马戏团 |
[02:41] | Yeah. You know circuses? | 是的 你了解马戏团 |
[02:42] | I should. I been on two. | 我当然了解 我曾在两个马戏团干过 |
[02:45] | Hey, is there a relative maybe I can call? | 你有什么亲人可以联系吗 |
[02:47] | Or another number you have? | 或者你还知道什么别的电话吗 |
[02:48] | The first was the Benzini Brothers. | 第一家是班齐尼兄弟马戏团 |
[02:50] | Benzini Brothers? When? | 班齐尼兄弟马戏团 什么时候 |
[02:53] | 1931. | 1931年 |
[02:54] | ’31 for how long? | 那年起做了多久 |
[03:00] | Now, you know the Benzini Brothers never saw the end of ’31. | 你知道班齐尼兄弟马戏团没有挨到31年底 |
[03:05] | Are you telling me that you were there for… | 你是说你当时就在那儿 |
[03:08] | – Right in the middle of it. – Well, that’s incredible, | -经历了一切 -真难以置信 |
[03:10] | because after the Hartford fire | 除了哈特福德大火 |
[03:11] | and the Hagenbeck-Wallace wreck, | 和哈根贝克-华莱士事故 |
[03:13] | that’s pretty much the most famous circus disaster in history. | 这大概是史上最著名的马戏团灾难了 |
[03:26] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[03:29] | You got anything to drink around here that isn’t apple juice? | 除了苹果汁 你这还有别的喝的吗 |
[03:35] | Yeah, I think so. | 有的 |
[03:47] | – There you go. – Thank you. | -给 -谢谢 |
[03:59] | I remember you. | 我记得这个味道 |
[04:01] | So, how long you been in that home? | 你在那家老年之家待了多久了 |
[04:02] | Too long. | 太久了 |
[04:04] | I don’t know why they call it a home. | 我不知道为什么人们管那种地方叫做家 |
[04:07] | You don’t know anybody there. | 那里的人你一个都不认识 |
[04:09] | They stuff you so full of drugs, you don’t care. | 他们给你灌一堆药 你也不在意 |
[04:12] | Five kids and not one has a place for me | 五个孩子都没能提供我的容身之所 |
[04:15] | since their mother died. | 自从他们妈妈去世之后 |
[04:19] | They take turns visiting on weekends. | 他们周末轮流来看我 |
[04:23] | My son forgot whose turn it was today, so… | 我儿子忘了今天轮到他了 所以 |
[04:27] | I can’t blame him. The kid’s 71. | 不能怪他 那孩子七十一岁了 |
[04:30] | He’s starting to lose it up here. | 这里开始不灵光了 |
[04:33] | They’re not bad kids. It’s not their fault I’m old. | 他们不是坏孩子 我老了不是他们的错 |
[04:37] | I had a good life, you know. | 我有过美好的生活 |
[04:42] | A big life. | 非常好的生活 |
[04:46] | Take a seat. Yeah. | 请坐 |
[04:52] | I’m sorry. You know what? My name is Charlie O’Brien III. | 抱歉 我叫查理·欧·布莱恩三世 |
[04:56] | Jacob Jankowski, the only. | 雅各·詹克斯基 唯一的一世 |
[05:01] | That’s good. | 那很好 |
[05:03] | Don’t you have to call the home? | 你不用打电话给老年之家吗 |
[05:07] | I think we should let them sweat. | 也许我们该让他们多担心一会 |
[05:09] | But if I could, I was wondering, | 不知道能不能 我在想 |
[05:13] | you know, could you talk to me about what happened in 1931? | 你能给我讲讲1931年发生的事吗 |
[05:23] | Gonna need another bottle of this. | 那得再来一瓶这个 |
[05:27] | It was a big day, that last day of my final exam. | 那是个大日子 我期末考试的最后一天 |
[05:31] | I couldn’t move fast enough. | 我行动再迅速都好像赶不及 |
[05:33] | My life was finally gonna start, | 我的人生终于要开始了 |
[05:35] | and I knew exactly where it was taking me. | 我清楚地知道要前往何方 |
[05:44] | Inside our house, there was no sign of a Depression. | 在我们家里 看不到经济大萧条的迹象 |
[05:48] | My mother and father had left Poland in much worse condition. | 我父母离开波兰时 情况比这糟多了 |
[05:52] | To them, nobody could be poor | 对他们来说 任何有点头脑的人 |
[05:54] | in America if they had half a brain in their head. | 在美国都不可能贫穷 |
[06:09] | Love you, too, Mommy. | 我也爱你 妈妈 |
[06:21] | After six years of dissections, castrations, | 经过了六年的解剖 阉割 |
[06:24] | and shoving my arm up a | 以及把手伸进牛屁股里 |
[06:25] | cow’s ass more times than I care to remember, | 次数多得我都记不清 |
[06:28] | by the end of that day, I knew | 到那天结束的时候 我知道 |
[06:30] | I’d be a Cornell graduate of Veterinary Science. | 我就要成为康奈尔学校兽医学的毕业生了 |
[06:34] | And by the end of that night, | 而到那天夜里 |
[06:35] | I’d be the first man Catherine Hale ever invited into her bed. | 我将成为凯瑟琳·黑尔第一个邀请上床的男人 |
[06:40] | She was nuts about me. | 她为我神魂颠倒 |
[06:43] | You will have two hours to complete the exam. | 你们将有两个小时完成考卷 |
[06:45] | When you have finished the exam, close the booklet, | 当你完成之后 合上试卷 |
[06:48] | turn it face downwards and raise your hands. | 将其正面朝下放置 然后举手示意 |
[06:52] | When I have acknowledged you, | 等我检查完毕确认后 |
[06:54] | you may bring the exam up to me and leave. | 你就可以交上试卷 然后离开了 |
[06:59] | You may begin. | 现在可以开始了 |
[07:02] | I had a new life all planned. | 我崭新的人生全都计划好了 |
[07:05] | Then with the opening of a door, | 但随着一扇门的打开 |
[07:09] | Every plan I had vanished. | 所有的计划都灰飞烟灭了 |
[07:11] | Mr. Jankowski? | 詹克斯基先生 |
[07:15] | May we have a word with you? | 能跟你说句话吗 |
[07:32] | Jacob, I’m afraid there’s been a car accident. | 雅各 出了场车祸 |
[07:41] | It’s right in there, son. | 就在这 孩子 |
[08:04] | Is there any other family to call? | 还有其他家人可以通知吗 |
[08:12] | No. No, it’s just me. | 没有 就我一个 |
[08:25] | According to our records, | 根据我们的记录 |
[08:26] | there is no mistake, Mr. Jankowski. | 没有错误 詹克斯基先生 |
[08:29] | The house and all their assets, | 房子和他们的所有资产 |
[08:31] | including your father’s practice, | 包括你父亲的诊所 |
[08:33] | are property of the bank in default of the loan. | 都因为欠债成为银行财产 |
[08:35] | I’m telling you, you’re wrong. | 我跟你说 你搞错了 |
[08:37] | My father owned that house outright. | 我父亲完全持有那套房子 |
[08:40] | These documents are dated four years ago. He signed them. | 你父亲是四年前签署这些文件的 |
[08:43] | Did they need money for any reason four years ago? | 你们四年前需要用到什么钱吗 |
[08:47] | My tuition. | 我的学费 |
[08:49] | Well, there you have it. | 这就是了 |
[08:51] | Now, perhaps if you hadn’t gone to college, | 如果你没去上大学 |
[08:52] | you’d still have a home. | 也许你还有所房子 |
[08:55] | But in light of the way | 不过考虑到你父亲的经营方式 |
[08:57] | your father ran his business, that’s unlikely. | 那也不大可能 |
[08:59] | My father was a good man. | 我父亲是个好人 |
[09:02] | And when people came to him for help, he gave it. | 当人们需要帮忙时 他总是出手相助 |
[09:04] | Your father was an irresponsible man | 你父亲是个不负责任的人 |
[09:07] | who let people pay him in chickens, and eggs, | 他让别人用鸡 鸡蛋 |
[09:10] | and whatever they had instead of money. | 或任何其它东西代替钱来付账 |
[09:15] | This Depression is with us for a very long while. Believe me. | 大萧条会持续很长时间 相信我 |
[09:18] | And the only people standing at the end of it | 而所有存活到最后的 |
[09:21] | will be the ones who take what they need to survive. | 都是那些为了生存无所不用的人 |
[09:24] | Don’t make the same mistakes as your father. | 别犯和你父亲一样的错误 |
[10:09] | I remember walking out the front door | 我记得走出大门 |
[10:15] | and forcing myself not to look back. | 强迫自己别回头看 |
[10:22] | I couldn’t stay where | 我不能留在这里 |
[10:23] | everything reminded me of the life that was gone. | 这里所有的东西都在提醒我逝去的生活 |
[10:26] | And I didn’t see the point in going back to school. | 我也看不出回学校有什么意义 |
[10:30] | There were a lot of men in those days with no home, no family, | 在这个时期 很多人没房子 没有家人 |
[10:34] | leaving small towns that were dying. | 住在毫无生气的小镇里 |
[10:37] | The rumor was that there were jobs in the cities, | 传言说城市里有工作 |
[10:40] | so I got it into my head that I’d walk to Albany. | 于是我记下了 走往阿尔巴尼 |
[10:44] | I never made it. | 我却始终没有达到那里 |
[12:16] | Hey, don’t be messing with Blackie! | 别和布莱姬抢活 |
[12:18] | Throwing people off trains is one of the perks of his job. | 把人扔下火车可是他的特权 |
[12:21] | We don’t need no bums on this train. | 这辆火车上不需要什么流浪汉 |
[12:23] | Everybody, calm down here. | 大家都冷静点 |
[12:25] | Grady, put that damn pistol away. | 格雷迪 放下那把该死的枪 |
[12:27] | Blackie, let him go. | 布莱姬 放开他 |
[12:29] | And I mean on the inside of the train. | 我指的是在火车里放下他 |
[12:32] | I’m telling you, we don’t need no trouble. | 我跟你说了 我们不需要惹麻烦 |
[12:34] | I mean, look at them clothes. | 看看他的衣服 |
[12:36] | He ain’t no bum. | 他不是什么流浪汉 |
[12:44] | Don’t be sore, kid. | 别生气 孩子 |
[12:45] | It’s almost a reflex with Blackie. | 这基本是布莱姬的条件反射 |
[12:48] | I’m Camel. | 叫我老骆 |
[12:49] | That there is Grady and Wade. | 那是格雷迪和韦德 |
[12:53] | I’m Jacob. Jankowski. | 我叫雅各 詹克斯基 |
[12:55] | Jankowski? Gorski! | 詹克斯基 高斯基 |
[12:57] | Poland? | 波兰人 |
[13:06] | You know, you’re pretty young to be on the rails. | 对扒火车来说 你还太年轻了 |
[13:08] | You running from something maybe? | 你在跑路吗 |
[13:10] | No, no, nothing like that. | 不 不 不是这样 |
[13:11] | Where you headed? | 你要去哪 |
[13:14] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:15] | You hungry? Out of work? | 你饿吗 失业了吗 |
[13:18] | There’s no shame in that. No shame in that. | 没必要觉得难堪 没必要觉得难堪 |
[13:21] | Well, what can you do? | 你能做些什么 |
[13:23] | Just about anything, I guess. | 什么都行吧 我猜 |
[13:26] | We land in Deposit in the morning. | 我们明天早上停车 |
[13:28] | We’ll get you some work for the day, | 白天可以给你找点活干 |
[13:30] | and if you’re still alive at the end of it, | 如果你在结束的时候还活着 |
[13:32] | I will take you to see August, | 我就带你去见奥古斯特 |
[13:33] | the Lord and Master of | 他可是已知世界 |
[13:34] | the Known and the Unknown Universe himself! | 和未知世界的主宰 |
[13:37] | Who’s that? | 那是什么 |
[13:38] | Hold on, chlopak, you’re in for the ride of your life. | 别急 男孩 你搭上了人生的列车 |
[14:43] | You see that? | 看到了没有 |
[14:45] | Wave, Olivia. | 招手 奥利维亚 |
[15:18] | Pull. Pull. | 拉 拉 |
[16:14] | Now, I don’t know if I picked that train, | 现在 我不知道是我选择了那辆火车 |
[16:16] | or that train picked me. | 还是那辆火车选择了我 |
[16:20] | But something told me my mother and my father sent it my way. | 但我觉得冥冥中 我父母在为我指引旅程 |
[16:24] | I’d like to think that, anyway. | 不管怎样 我喜欢这种想法 |
[16:29] | Hello, ma’am. | 你好 女士 |
[16:31] | Hey! What the hell are you doing in here? | 该死的 你在这干什么 |
[16:34] | Get out of there! You ain’t no menagerie man. | 出去 你还不是马戏团的人呢 |
[16:37] | Come on. I got you some work. | 过来 我给你找点活干 |
[16:40] | – With the animals? – Oh, you betcha! | -和动物一起吗 -那还用说 |
[16:47] | I’ve never seen so much manure. | 从来没见过这么多马粪 |
[16:49] | They pack them in 27 a car. | 他们把二十七匹马关在一个车厢里 |
[16:58] | How do you stand the smell? | 你怎么能忍受这种味道的 |
[17:00] | What smell? | 什么味道 |
[17:02] | Ladies and gentlemen! | 女士们 先生们 |
[17:04] | Step right this way to see the most dazzling collection | 到这儿来 我们网罗了世界上最炫目 |
[17:08] | of wonders, oddities and marvels of the natural world! | 最古怪 最神奇的事物 |
[17:13] | When Cecil gives the signal, | 当塞西尔打这个手势时 |
[17:15] | you gotta push the rubes in toward the entrance. | 你就把这些乡巴佬推向入口 |
[17:17] | Without them catching on, or else there’ll be a fight. | 如果他们不跟上来 就会打起来 |
[17:20] | …of pudgy perfection. | 完美的演出 |
[17:23] | All for one thin dime. And believe me, | 所有这些只需要一角钱 相信我 |
[17:25] | it’ll be the best dime you ever spent. | 这将是你一生中花得最值得的一角钱 |
[17:28] | I guarantee! Right this way! | 我保证 到这儿来 |
[17:29] | Hand your dime to this fella right here. | 把你的钱给这个小伙子 |
[17:32] | Ladies to the right. Gentlemen to the left. | 女士们往右走 先生们往左走 |
[17:35] | Folks, just put one foot in | 乡亲们 动起来 |
[17:36] | front of the other, and the body will follow! | 其他人会跟上的 |
[17:38] | Take this. | 拿着这个 |
[17:40] | Smack the sides with it | 看到不付钱就想偷看的脑袋 |
[17:42] | if you see any heads trying to peek in without paying. | 就用侧面敲他们 |
[19:09] | Silver. | 银星 |
[19:13] | That’s right. Good boy. Good boy. | 就是这样 乖马儿 乖马儿 |
[19:16] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[19:19] | You’re shaking a little bit. | 你有点发抖 |
[19:31] | Excuse me, ma’am. | 对不起 女士 |
[19:36] | Do you mind if I take a look? | 介意我看一下吗 |
[19:47] | Performers to the Spec line! | 演员们准备上场了 |
[19:50] | All performers to the Spec line! | 所有演员 准备上场 |
[19:52] | Walk on. | 走吧 |
[19:57] | Casey, move up. | 凯西 跟上 |
[20:12] | Showtime! Showtime! Move it up. Let’s go! | 表演时间 表演时间 走吧 |
[20:24] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[20:27] | and children of all ages, | 还有所有孩子们 |
[20:29] | welcome to the most extravagant extravaganza | 欢迎来到世上令您最眼花缭乱 |
[20:33] | the human eye can behold! | 最不可思议的表演现场 |
[20:35] | Welcome the stars of the Benzini Brothers | 欢迎班齐尼兄弟的明星们 |
[20:38] | Most Spectacular Show on Earth! | 为您带来世上最令人难以置信的演出 |
[21:52] | She didn’t seem real to me at first. | 一开始 我总觉得她是落入凡间的精灵 |
[21:55] | The way she looked inside that big top under those lights. | 她的衣服在灯光下闪闪发亮 |
[22:02] | I thought I’d go blind from the shine. | 我觉得要被这光芒刺伤眼睛 |
[22:06] | Benzini Brothers outdid God himself. | 班齐尼兄弟甚至胜过了上帝 |
[22:08] | They created heaven in one day. | 他们在一天之中建起了天堂 |
[22:11] | And just as fast | 又在一天之中 |
[22:13] | heaven was packed away and gone. | 将天堂打包带走 |
[22:20] | Whoa, you better take a breath | 你最好喘口气 |
[22:21] | before it all comes back up on you. | 不然你等会会吐出来的 |
[22:23] | Here. | 来 |
[22:30] | What is that? | 这是什么 |
[22:32] | It’s jake. It’s all we got when there’s no real hooch. | 是姜汁酒 没有酒的时候就只有这个了 |
[22:37] | Damn Prohibition. | 该死的禁酒令 |
[22:39] | It don’t seem American to deny a man a drink. | 不知道美国人为什么要禁止人们喝酒 |
[22:43] | Ain’t it in the Constitution | 宪法不是规定 |
[22:44] | that a man has got a right to happiness? | 人们有权追求幸福吗 |
[22:49] | Come on. I’ll take you up to see August. | 来吧 带你去见奥古斯特 |
[22:53] | Right now? It’s the middle of the night. | 现在吗 现在可是半夜 |
[22:54] | The only time circus people live, | 马戏团的人只有在夜里才是活着的 |
[22:56] | even the boss. | 老板也一样 |
[22:57] | See, musicians and sideshow people are above us roustabouts, | 乐师和演员比我们这些场地工地位高 |
[23:01] | but below the specialty acts, | 但比特别演员低 |
[23:03] | which, of course, are below the ring stock animals. | 特别演员的地位还是比动物们低 |
[23:05] | And everybody, everybody, is below the bosses. | 不过 所有人的地位都在老板之下 |
[23:09] | Don’t ever forget that. | 千万别忘了 |
[23:10] | You wanna watch them clowns. | 你得小心那些小丑们 |
[23:12] | Nobody ever gets a safe passage through here. | 从来没有一个人能安全通过这里 |
[23:15] | Oh, Lucinda, my dear! | 露辛达 亲爱的 |
[23:17] | Good evening. How are you? | 晚上好 你好吗 |
[23:18] | Hello. | 你好 |
[23:20] | You bring out the sunshine. | 你就是阳光 |
[23:22] | Ooh. I know you. I saw you at my show. | 我认得你 你来看我表演了 |
[23:24] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[23:26] | Want a private dance? | 想要我私下为你跳舞吗 |
[23:30] | How’s your pipe, kid? | 你那根怎么样 小子 |
[23:31] | Barbara! Easy, now, Barbara. | 别这样 芭芭拉 |
[23:33] | – Good night, ladies. – Good night, Camel. | -晚安 女士们 -晚安 老骆 |
[23:35] | We like him, Camel. | 我们喜欢他 老骆 |
[23:37] | – Good night, Camel! – Good night! | -晚安 老骆 -晚安 |
[23:39] | Now try not to talk till you’re familiar with the vernacular, | 在你搞清楚这里的状况之前尽量别说话 |
[23:43] | or you’ll get your head bashed in. | 不然你会被打烂头 |
[23:45] | Like, townies are “Rubes,” | 比如 我们叫城里人”乡巴佬” |
[23:47] | and performers aren’t performers. They’re “Kinkers,” | 演员也不叫演员 他们是”杂耍的” |
[23:50] | but never call them that to their faces. | 不过千万别当面这么叫他们 |
[23:53] | So what do I call them? | 那我怎么称呼他们 |
[23:54] | Performers. Just don’t talk to them at all. You’ll live longer. | 表演者 想活久点就别跟他们说话 |
[23:57] | Now be nice and quiet along here, | 在这机灵点 别多话 |
[23:58] | because we have to show some respect | 我们得对那些女士们 |
[24:00] | to the ladies and… | 先生们 |
[24:02] | Gentlemen. Good evening. | 表现尊重 晚上好 |
[24:04] | Hey, Camel, who’s the woman who works with the horses? | 老骆 那个和马表演的女人是谁 |
[24:06] | That ain’t no woman. That’s the boss’s wife, Marlena. | 她可不是普通女人 她是老板的妻子 玛琳娜 |
[24:11] | She’s a star attraction. And she don’t talk to nobody, | 她是马戏团招牌明星 她不随便和人说话 |
[24:14] | and you don’t talk to her. She’ll just high-hat you anyway. | 你也别和她说 她不会睬你的 |
[24:18] | You know, I got a son about your age | 我有个儿子和你差不多大 |
[24:19] | lives outside of Reading, Pennsylvania. | 住在费城雷丁城外 |
[24:24] | I haven’t seen him in years. | 我们几年没见了 |
[24:28] | Fix your shirt there. | 把衣服整整 |
[24:32] | Before we do this, I got to ask you, | 进去之前 先交待下 |
[24:34] | and I don’t want to know your business, | 我不清楚你的底细 |
[24:36] | but I do know that you ain’t been on the road too long. | 但我知道你出来混的时候不长 |
[24:39] | So before you start, I got to ask you, | 你进去之前 再问你一句 |
[24:41] | if you got any kind of life to go back to, | 如果你想回到自己原先的人生轨道 |
[24:45] | that’s what you should do. | 你就回去 那才是你的人生 |
[24:48] | I don’t. | 我已经没有了 |
[24:50] | I am so sorry to hear that. | 太遗憾了 |
[24:53] | Now, remember, when you meet August, let him do the talking. | 记住 见到奥古斯特后 尽量让他说 |
[24:56] | Don’t go blowing your wig. | 别在他面前耍聪明 |
[24:57] | And don’t ever mention Ringling Brothers! | 千万不要提到林林兄弟 |
[24:59] | He hates them bastards worse than the Depression. | 他恨这些混蛋更甚于大萧条 |
[25:03] | Now this here is Earl, and he’s going to take you in. | 等下出来的是厄尔 他会带你进去 |
[25:07] | Earl, this here is Jacob. | 厄尔 这是雅各 |
[25:09] | – Nice to meet you, Earl. – Yeah. | -幸会 厄尔 -嗯 |
[25:20] | What’s this, Earl? | 怎么了 厄尔 |
[25:21] | The stowaway that Polack rummy took under his wing. | 逮到个波兰逃票醉汉 |
[25:26] | College boy. | 是个大学生 |
[25:28] | I don’t believe we had the pleasure. | 想不到还有这个荣幸 |
[25:30] | Jacob Jankowski, sir. | 先生 我叫雅各·詹克斯基 |
[25:32] | So, what am I supposed to do with a Jacob Jankowski? | 那我们怎么处置这位雅各·詹克斯基 |
[25:37] | I’m just looking for work, sir. | 先生 我只想找份工作 |
[25:38] | – Ever worked a show, son? – No, sir. | -在剧场工作过吗 小子 -没有 |
[25:41] | – Ever seen a show? – Yes, sir. Ringling Brothers. | -看过表演吗 -是的 林林兄弟的 |
[25:53] | Ringling, eh? | 林林是吧 |
[25:55] | Yeah, but it was terrible. | 是的 但很烂 |
[26:01] | Well, they do try, don’t they, boys? | 他们就那水平 是吧伙计们 |
[26:07] | You seen our show? | 看过我们的吗 |
[26:09] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[26:11] | Yeah? What’s your favorite act? | 最喜欢哪个 |
[26:13] | I like the one with the black and white horses. | 我喜欢黑马白马那个 |
[26:17] | You’ve got a good eye. My star attraction. | 眼光不错 那是我们的招牌明星 |
[26:21] | Well, I do believe we’re looking for a boy | 我记得我们还缺个 |
[26:23] | to carry water for the elephants. Aren’t we, Joe? | 为大象提水的伙计 是吧 乔 |
[26:26] | We don’t have any elephants. | 我们又没大象 |
[26:28] | That sounds perfect. I’d love to work with the animals. | 太好了 我喜欢和动物打交道 |
[26:30] | Come here. | 过来 |
[26:38] | These from one day of work? | 这是一天工作弄的吗 |
[26:41] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[26:42] | Why would a college boy dirty his hands as a filthy roustabout? | 一个大学生干嘛要在脏兮兮的马戏团打杂 |
[26:46] | I guess because out of all that dirt and sweat, | 虽然又脏又累 |
[26:51] | working with these fellows | 但和它们在一起 |
[26:52] | you wouldn’t be caught dead in the daylight with, | 是世间再好不过的工作 |
[26:55] | comes so much beauty. | 太美了 |
[26:56] | You grandstanding me, kid? | 你在向我卖弄吗 |
[26:58] | No. No, sir. | 不 不是 |
[27:00] | That was beautifully put. | 说得很好 |
[27:01] | Yet you ride my train, you eat my food without my permission | 但没经我允许 你搭我的车吃我的东西 |
[27:05] | while hard-working men labor all day for the same privileges. | 我的人辛苦工作一天也不过这些待遇 |
[27:10] | And these filthy roustabouts are my family. | 这些搭白车的是我家里人 |
[27:12] | You, you are an intruder. | 而你 你是个外人 |
[27:15] | Next stop, throw him off. | 下一站 把他丢下去 |
[27:17] | Probably studied poetry. | 搞不好是个学诗的 |
[27:19] | I studied veterinary science, not poetry. | 我是学兽医 不是诗歌 |
[27:22] | And I can tell you one thing, | 还告诉你一声 |
[27:23] | that star attraction horse of yours? | 你那匹招牌明星马 |
[27:25] | It’s not gonna be walking in a few weeks, let alone performing. | 过不了几周就走不了了 更别说表演 |
[27:28] | Earl? Wait. | 厄尔 等等 |
[27:33] | Veterinary sciences? | 兽医学吗 |
[27:34] | – What school? – Cornell. | -哪个学校的 -康奈尔 |
[27:37] | You’re a Cornell graduate? | 你是康奈尔毕业的 |
[27:41] | He did work the rubes for me this afternoon. He was pretty good. | 他今天下午帮我拉了些乡巴佬 还不错 |
[27:45] | He shoveled horseshit all day. | 他不过铲了一天马粪 |
[27:47] | That don’t make him no horse doctor. | 就能医马啦 |
[27:49] | I’m sure Ringling has his own vet. | 林林肯定有兽医 |
[27:58] | Cornell, come with me. | 康奈尔 跟我来 |
[28:01] | – You surefooted, Cornell? – Yeah. | -你干事踏实吗 康奈尔 -是的 |
[28:04] | Good. | 很好 |
[28:21] | It’s incredible. | 太棒了 |
[28:25] | Takes your breath away, doesn’t it? | 大吃一惊 是吧 |
[28:34] | My star attraction is limping, | 我的招牌明星瘸了 |
[28:36] | and I can’t get a new liberty horse midseason. | 但我季中才能弄到匹新马 |
[28:39] | So you make sure the horse performs, | 你保证这马能顺利演出 |
[28:41] | and the job is yours. Nine bucks a week. | 这事就成了 一周九块 |
[28:45] | You do right by me, Cornell, | 听我的 康奈尔 |
[28:48] | I’ll show you a life most suckers can’t even dream of. | 我会带你见识做梦都想不到的人生 |
[28:53] | Come on! | 来 |
[28:59] | Yeah, I could use an educated man around here. | 对 我能雇个有文化的人 |
[29:04] | Gets pretty tiring talking to my menagerie of trained seals. | 对着一笼子动物说话说烦了 |
[29:09] | Come on! | 快来 |
[29:29] | – Kinko. – August. | -金考 -奥古斯特 |
[29:31] | I have a roommate for you. | 给你安排个室友 |
[29:33] | – What is he? – Jacob. Jankowski. | -他是干嘛的 -雅各·詹克斯基 |
[29:35] | I asked what, not who. | 我问干什么的 不是问是谁 |
[29:37] | This gentleman is the show’s new vet. | 这位先生是新来的兽医 |
[29:40] | Ivy League, no less, | 还是常春藤毕业的 |
[29:42] | which puts him a good deal higher in my estimation than you. | 比你不知道强多少 |
[29:46] | Perhaps you would like to offer him your cot. | 搞不好你会把床让出来 |
[29:49] | I’ll find you in the morning to see about that horse, Cornell. | 明早见 一起去看看那马 康奈尔 |
[29:58] | That a Jack Russell? They’re real smart. | 是捷克罗素狗吗 它们很聪明 |
[30:03] | You’re not getting the cot. | 休想得到床 |
[30:07] | – Darling, may I introduce to you… – Careful. | -亲爱的 向你介绍 – 小心 |
[30:10] | Jacob. Jankowski. | 雅各 詹克斯基 |
[30:11] | Jacob Jankowski, | 雅各·詹克斯基 |
[30:12] | Benzini Brothers’ very own Ivy League veterinarian. | 班齐尼兄弟特聘常春藤兽医 |
[30:18] | – He’s the vet? – Yeah. Studied at Cornell University. | -他是兽医 -对 康奈尔大学的 |
[30:26] | The right front hoof. | 右前蹄 |
[30:30] | – It’s an abscess. – Darling. | -是脓疮 -亲爱的 |
[30:37] | It didn’t look this bad in the show. You need a hoof tester? | 表演时没这么槽 要蹄刮铲吗 |
[30:40] | No, I don’t think so. | 不用 |
[30:41] | It needs heat and cold until it breaks, | 需要热敷冷却 直到脱落 |
[30:43] | then it needs a salt wrap. | 再用盐包起来 |
[30:45] | It’ll be fine. | 会没事的 |
[30:48] | Come on, boy. | 宝贝 走吧 |
[30:49] | – Help me in, Joe. Thank you. – Yep. | -乔 帮我把它牵进去 谢谢 -好的 |
[30:53] | Come on, boy. | 宝贝 来 |
[31:04] | I didn’t want to say anything in front of Mrs. Rosenbluth. | 我不想在罗森布鲁斯夫人面前多说 |
[31:08] | The horse has laminitis. | 这马有马足板层炎 |
[31:10] | English. | 说人话 |
[31:13] | The connective tissue between | 马蹄和蹄骨间的连接组织 |
[31:15] | the hoof and the coffin bone has been compromised. | 已经感染了 |
[31:18] | So when he walks, | 所以它走的时候 |
[31:19] | the coffin bone rotates toward the sole of the hoof | 蹄骨一直磨损马蹄底部 |
[31:22] | until it punctures through. | 直到把它穿透 |
[31:25] | But it hasn’t punctured yet. | 但现在还没穿透 |
[31:26] | No, it hasn’t, but it’s just a matter of time. | 现在还没有 但早晚的事 |
[31:30] | And he’s in a lot of pain. | 它正受折磨 |
[31:31] | How much time? | 大概几天 |
[31:33] | Two, three days. | 两三天 |
[31:36] | He needs to be put down. | 得把它杀了 |
[31:40] | You know all this by just looking at it? | 你只看一眼就知道这么多 |
[31:43] | Is there nothing you can do? | 没办法治了吗 |
[31:45] | No. It’s pretty severe. | 不行 太严重了 |
[31:49] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[31:51] | Well, I appreciate it. | 没事 |
[31:55] | Darling, Cornell here agrees with you. | 亲爱的 康奈尔说你说得对 |
[31:57] | It’s nothing really to worry about. | 不用太担心 |
[31:59] | Joe, get Pete to help Marlena. | 乔 让皮特过来帮玛琳娜 |
[32:01] | Pete’s gonna feed the cats. | 皮特要去喂狮子 |
[32:03] | No, we’ll do that. You just take care of him. Come on. | 我们去 你照顾好这马 走 |
[32:13] | They get a bucket each. | 每只一桶 |
[32:17] | Are you sure they like this stuff? It’s gone bad. | 你确定它们喜欢 都快坏了 |
[32:20] | No. They like goats. | 不 它们爱吃山羊 |
[32:25] | We’re all out of goats. | 但没山羊了 |
[32:30] | Why don’t you start with Rex here in the middle? | 你从中间的雷克斯开始吧 |
[32:37] | What do I do, just open the door and toss it in? | 怎么做 把门开开扔进去吗 |
[32:40] | Unless you think a formal sit-down is more appropriate. | 不然你觉得正式的静坐更合适吗 |
[32:53] | Slow and quiet. | 慢点轻点 |
[32:56] | He won’t notice you’re there. | 它不会注意你来了 |
[33:11] | Didn’t they cover this in class? | 这个课上没教吗 |
[33:14] | Place it in gently. Don’t throw it. | 轻轻地放进去 不要扔 |
[33:17] | You don’t want to startle him. | 别惊吓到它 |
[33:34] | – You think that’s funny? – Yes, I do. | -好笑吗 -太好笑了 |
[33:38] | – I could have lost my arm. – No, you couldn’t have. | -我手可能被会咬掉 -不可能 |
[33:41] | He doesn’t have any teeth. | 它根本没牙 |
[33:47] | Does it hurt? | 疼吗 |
[33:49] | Like this? | 这样呢 |
[33:53] | Your gut tells you to shoot my star attraction? | 你有狗胆毙我的招牌明星吗 |
[33:56] | No treatment, no hoof tester, just your Cornell gut. | 不治疗 不用蹄刮铲 就凭康奈尔狗胆 |
[34:00] | You know how a circus survives? | 你知道马戏团怎样生存的吗 |
[34:01] | You said it yourself, kid. On blood, sweat, pain and shit. | 我来告诉你 血汗和痛苦 |
[34:06] | When a circus begins to die and animals eat garbage, | 马戏团生意萧条 动物吃垃圾的时候 |
[34:08] | you know what men eat? Nothing. | 你知道人吃什么吗 什么都没有 |
[34:11] | Your heart goes out to an animal suffering. | 你受不了动物经受痛苦 |
[34:13] | Well, that’s noble, and that’s good, | 这很高尚 很好 |
[34:14] | but all that tells me is that you never saw men suffer. | 但也告诉我 你从没见过人受苦 |
[34:18] | So before I get back from town, | 在我从城里回来之前 |
[34:21] | you do whatever it is they taught you in that Ivy League sandbox | 不管你在常春藤里学了些什么 |
[34:24] | to get that horse ready for the parade. | 让我的马能重新上台 |
[34:27] | As long as we can walk, we play. | 只要我们能走 就能表演 |
[34:45] | It’s not an abscess, is it? | 这不是脓疮 是吗 |
[34:50] | He’s going to founder. | 它会变瘸 |
[34:54] | It’s okay, baby. | 没关系 宝贝 |
[34:58] | I should have taken him out of the show. | 我不该让它表演的 |
[35:01] | It’s not your fault. It happens. | 不是你的错 很多马这样 |
[35:05] | It’s not uncommon, | 这很平常 |
[35:08] | but he is suffering. | 但它在受苦 |
[35:11] | And the pain is only gonna get worse. | 而且会越来越疼 |
[35:14] | The right thing to do would be to put him down. | 最好结束它的生命 |
[35:20] | That’s not going to happen, is it? | 但不能这样 不是吗 |
[35:27] | Not when August can get a few more shows out of him. | 奥古斯特还给它安排了表演 |
[35:32] | Around here, everybody works till they’re run into the ground. | 在这里 每个人得干到干不动为止 |
[35:36] | Nobody stops, nobody dies until August says so. | 没有奥古斯特的批准 不能休息也不能死 |
[35:43] | It’s okay, baby. | 会好起来的 |
[36:30] | What about August? | 奥古斯特怎么办 |
[36:32] | I’m the vet. It’s my decision. | 我是兽医 我做决定 |
[36:35] | It’ll be your last one. | 他不会饶了你 |
[36:39] | Listen, you should go. | 你得离开 |
[36:43] | No, I’ll keep him calm. | 不 我要安抚它 |
[36:49] | Good boy. | 好孩子 |
[36:52] | Hush, little baby, don’t say a word | 小宝贝 别出声 |
[36:58] | Mama ‘s gonna buy you a mockingbird | 妈妈会给你买个知更鸟 |
[37:25] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[37:30] | I’ll be all right. | 我没事 |
[37:43] | Mr. Jankowski. | 詹克斯基先生 |
[37:48] | I’ll be sorry to see you go. | 你离开我会很抱歉 |
[38:15] | Roll over. Turn around. | 转 转过去 |
[38:17] | Turn around. Good girl. Sit. Good girl. | 转过去 好孩子 坐下 乖 |
[38:22] | Up! Up! Up, Queenie! | 快跳上来 奎妮 |
[38:37] | This circus, my circus, is a sovereign nation. | 这是我的马戏团 得听我的 |
[38:41] | You break my law, you have to pay a penalty. | 你坏了我的规矩 就得付出代价 |
[38:44] | I tell you to fix a horse, you shoot it? | 我让你治我的马 你却一枪杀了它 |
[38:46] | That’s breaking my law. The penalty is red-lighting. | 这就破了我的规矩 必须得惩罚 |
[38:49] | You need to get off the train. Except we don’t stop the train. | 你得离开我的火车 但车可不停 |
[38:52] | There’s a chance you might survive, although unlikely. | 你也有可能活下来 不过机会很小 |
[38:55] | – Mr. Rosenbluth, just let me explain. – No, no. No need! | -罗森布鲁斯先生 听我解释 -不用 |
[38:59] | You took initiative. I respect that. | 你先斩后奏 我很佩服 |
[39:02] | But I’m a law-abiding man. Toss him. | 但我的规矩不能坏 扔下去 |
[39:05] | – Wait! – On three. | -等等 -数三下 |
[39:07] | No, wait! No, no, no! | 不 等等 别 别 |
[39:09] | – One. Two. – No, no, no, no, no, no, no! | -一 二 -不 不要 |
[39:12] | Three! | 三 |
[39:20] | The only reason you’re not | 我这次饶你一命的 |
[39:21] | a permanent part of this landscape right now | 唯一原因是 |
[39:23] | is because you probably saved my Marlena from injury, | 你可能让玛琳娜免于受伤 |
[39:25] | and you solved a great problem for me. | 还有帮我解决了个大问题 |
[39:28] | You saw what we fed the cats. It wasn’t right, was it? | 你看我喂狮子的食物 不对劲是不是 |
[39:32] | But now because of you, | 现在因为你 |
[39:34] | Silver Star will make sure the cats will eat good fresh meat | 银星就能让狮子吃上新鲜食物 |
[39:37] | until we can sell some tickets. | 直到我们卖出票 |
[39:38] | But you killed my star act, | 但你杀了我的招牌明星 |
[39:40] | so if we don’t sell the tickets and the men aren’t paid, | 如果我们卖不了票 这些人拿不到钱 |
[39:42] | they’re going to be looking for someone to blame. | 总得找个人出气 |
[39:46] | Welcome to the circus, Cornell. | 欢迎来到马戏团 康奈尔 |
[39:56] | We had to cancel shows in three towns. | 我们不得不取消三个小镇的演出 |
[39:59] | The rumor was, four men got tossed to save money. | 听传言 为节省开支 四个人被扔了下去 |
[40:01] | And we might go belly up. | 我们可能会破产 |
[40:04] | Dead circuses were common in ’31. | 在31年 马戏团倒闭很寻常 |
[40:07] | Men tired of being mistreated would mutiny, | 忍受不了虐待的人们会叛乱 |
[40:09] | or bosses would see the end coming | 或老板们见形势不对 |
[40:10] | and pull a runner with all the money, | 直接卷钱逃跑 |
[40:12] | leaving a mess of animals and acts like bones to be picked over. | 留下一堆动物和演员 如死尸般任人挑选 |
[40:17] | Luckily, we found one in Goshen. | 幸运的是 我们在歌珊地找到一个 |
[40:19] | And August could get any act for a song. | 能唱歌的奥古斯特都留了 |
[40:22] | The rest of them knew they’d never work another show again. | 其余的人知道 他们再没机会了 |
[40:26] | When I saw their faces, I thought to myself, August was right. | 我看到他们的时候 心里想 奥古斯特说得对 |
[40:32] | I’d never seen men hungry. | 我从没见过挨饿的人 |
[40:37] | Darling! One second, please. | 亲爱的 快来 |
[40:40] | Erwin, over here. Joe, pour the champagne. | 厄文 在这儿 乔 把香槟倒好 |
[40:43] | I want you all to experience the earthquake impact | 我即将要给你们展示的 |
[40:47] | of what I’m about to show you. | 绝对会让你们大吃一惊 |
[40:48] | I’ve made an acquisition that | 我买的这个东西 |
[40:50] | will make Benzini Brothers a top-drawer tour. | 能让班齐尼兄弟成为顶尖马戏团 |
[40:54] | – Darling. – Yes. | -亲爱的 -好的 |
[40:58] | I know I could never truly replace Silver Star for you, | 我知道我取代不了银星在你心中的位置 |
[41:01] | but I hope you’ll give me a chance to try. | 但我希望你能给我个尝试的机会 |
[41:02] | Oh, August, you didn’t need to do that. | 奥古斯特 用不着这样 |
[41:04] | Joe, the doors? | 乔 开门 |
[41:07] | Children, meet our salvation! | 孩子们 这是我们的救星 |
[41:10] | We got ourselves a guaranteed sell-out, crowd-cheering bull! | 这大象保证让我们戏票大卖 观众爆满 |
[41:15] | Her name is Rosie, she’s 53, and she’s brilliant. | 她叫萝茜 五十三岁 非常聪明 |
[41:19] | What’s that in her mouth? | 她嘴里是什么 |
[41:20] | She ran off. They found her eating a cemetery plot. | 她是逃出来的 抓到时正在吃墓地的花草 |
[41:23] | I’m going to come up with | 我准备以你和她为主角 |
[41:24] | a whole new star act around you and her. | 设计一个全新的节目 |
[41:27] | Darling, I’m not getting up on that. | 亲爱的 我不要上去 |
[41:29] | I’ve never ridden an elephant in my life! | 我从没骑过大象 |
[41:31] | You didn’t know how to stand | 在我教你之前 |
[41:32] | on top of a galloping horse until I showed you. | 你在奔跑的马背上也站不稳 |
[41:35] | You’re a fast learner. This act will go through the roof! | 你学得很快 这个表演会一炮而红 |
[41:38] | Where the hell are we gonna put it? | 我们哪有地方放这么大个家伙 |
[41:40] | – We’ll make room. – How are we gonna pay for it? | -挤挤会有的 -哪来钱买她 |
[41:43] | I won’t pay the men for a few weeks. We’ve done it before. | 先几个星期不给工钱 以前也有过 |
[41:48] | Once we start selling out, | 只要卖座了 |
[41:49] | the men will have more cash than they know what to do with. | 大家就有钱了 多到不知道怎么花 |
[41:52] | She’s gonna pack them in. I know it! | 她绝对物超所值 我有预感 |
[42:00] | You the bull man? | 你是驯兽师吗 |
[42:01] | He’s my menagerie man. | 他是动物饲养员 |
[42:03] | You ain’t got no bull man, I gotta tell the township, | 我得能跟镇里说 你们有驯兽师 |
[42:05] | or else I can’t sell her to you. | 否则甭想从我这买到她 |
[42:08] | Well, I’m the bull man. | 我是驯兽师 |
[42:10] | Well, speak up! I ain’t got all day. | 那就早点说 别浪费我的时间 |
[42:13] | You see this animal? | 看见它了吗 |
[42:14] | This here is the stupidest | 她是这座美好星球上 |
[42:16] | goddamn animal on the face of God’s good earth. | 最他妈笨的动物了 |
[42:19] | Here’s your bull hook. You’re going to need it. | 给你象钩 会用得上的 |
[42:24] | Good luck to you. | 祝你好运 |
[42:25] | If I don’t ever see another | 趁早别让我再遇见 |
[42:27] | dumb bull in my life, it’ll be too soon. | 这么笨的大象了 |
[42:38] | Cornell, give her a once-over. | 康奈尔小子 你去看一看 |
[42:41] | Darling, get acquainted. | 亲爱的 去熟悉熟悉 |
[42:42] | You two are gonna make history. | 你们俩要被载入史册了 |
[42:44] | Robinson? Come on. Let’s pick a car we can renovate. | 罗宾森 快来 跟我去选一辆能翻新的车 |
[42:53] | I think he’s lost his mind. | 我感觉他疯了 |
[42:56] | Do you have any idea how hard it is to break in a new act? | 你知道驯出一个新表演多难吗 |
[43:04] | My name is Jacob Jankowski. | 我叫雅各·詹克斯基 |
[43:07] | – How do you do? – And this is… | -你好吗 -这位是… |
[43:12] | Marlena Rosenbluth. | 玛琳娜 罗森布鲁斯 |
[43:14] | You’re a beauty. | 你是个美人儿 |
[43:17] | Your skin’s a little dry. Maybe you should take care of that. | 皮肤是有点儿干 该好好保养 |
[43:21] | The first thing you notice about a woman’s age is her skin. | 看一个女人最先注意到的就是肤质 |
[43:29] | Oh, great. Just what we need around here, another lush. | 真不错 正是我们要的 又一个酒鬼 |
[43:36] | Well, you’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[43:41] | Is this the way elephants flirt? | 这是大象调情的方式吗 |
[43:45] | Would you two like to be alone? | 你俩想单独待会儿吗 |
[43:59] | I think she likes music. | 我觉得她喜欢音乐 |
[44:03] | It is a lovely song. | 这首歌不错 |
[44:10] | I’m confessing that I love you. | 我承认我爱你 |
[44:15] | Uh, it’s the name of the song. | 是这首歌的名字 |
[44:18] | Oh, right, of course. | 当然是 |
[44:20] | Louis Armstrong. | 路易斯·阿姆斯特朗唱的 |
[44:23] | Well, I guess now’s as good a time as any, right, bull man? | 那就现在好了 好吗 驯象人 |
[44:27] | Let’s get up there! It’s sink or swim around here. | 到上面去 成败在此一举了 |
[44:31] | Can you help me with this ladder? | 帮我扶一下梯子好吗 |
[44:36] | August once dropped me in the middle of this monkey act. | 有一次奥古斯特把我丢在猴子表演上 |
[44:38] | The meanest monkeys you’ve ever met. | 那些猴子坏透了 |
[44:40] | They were biting me during the entire performance, | 整场表演都不停地咬我 |
[44:42] | and I had to just smile and act like it was part of the act. | 我只能笑 假装这些都是设计好的 |
[44:50] | Good grief. | 真不舒服 |
[44:53] | Well, I think it’s very | 我觉得在现实生活中建立 |
[44:55] | important to form an offstage relationship. | 亲密关系是挺重要的 |
[44:58] | How do I look? Silly, right? | 我看起来如何 是不是很可笑 |
[45:02] | No. You two were made for each other. | 没有 你们俩是天生一对 |
[45:09] | She really is beautiful. | 她真的很美 |
[45:37] | 奥古斯特 罗森布鲁斯夫妇诚邀您 同享鸡尾酒与晚餐 | |
[45:40] | Come in! | 请进 |
[45:55] | Oh, Jacob. | 雅各 |
[45:57] | So glad you could come and celebrate our new beautiful elephant. | 很高兴你能来 一起庆祝大象的加入 |
[46:03] | Is something wrong? | 有什么问题吗 |
[46:05] | I feel a little underdressed. | 我感觉自己穿得太随意了 |
[46:08] | Nonsense. I told you, | 胡说 告诉过你了 |
[46:10] | nothing but the best for our very own Cornell graduate vet. | 只给我们康奈尔高材生兽医最好的东西 |
[46:14] | Which, I might add, | 顺便说一句 |
[46:15] | those Ringling bastards do not have. I checked. | 是林林家族的混蛋没有的 我调查过了 |
[46:21] | Voil? | 瞧见没[苏格兰语] |
[46:23] | I thought you could use some new threads and a shave. | 我想你可以换套衣服 再刮个胡子 |
[46:27] | Can’t have my Ivy League vet smelling like his patients. | 不能让我们名校兽医跟动物一样臭 |
[46:32] | – Can you mess that up? – Yes, of course. | -帮我弄一下好吗 -当然好 |
[46:38] | Perfection. | 完美绝伦 |
[46:39] | When I started with Benzini, this show was nothing but grift. | 最初我在班齐尼兄弟时 表演都是骗人 |
[46:43] | A man couldn’t walk a straight line through the midway | 不给钱的话 表演到中途时候 |
[46:45] | without getting his pocket picked half a dozen times. | 来看戏的人就都被揍趴下了 |
[46:47] | Benzini was a cheap bastard. | 班齐尼是个小气鬼 |
[46:49] | He didn’t invest a dime in new acts. | 没在新表演上花过一个子儿 |
[46:53] | So when he pulled a runner, everybody thought we were belly-up. | 所以他一携款私逃 大家以为完蛋了 |
[46:58] | Mmm-mmm. Not me. | 我就不那么认为 |
[47:00] | – And you were 19, right, darling? – Uh-huh. | -那时你十九岁对吧 亲爱的 -对 |
[47:02] | And August got rid of all the pickpockets and the grift barkers, | 奥古斯特甩掉了那些抢钱的骗子 还把两个 |
[47:06] | and he sold off two deadbeat clowns and a train car | 游手好闲的小丑和一节火车车厢低价售出 |
[47:09] | so he could buy Lucinda, our lovely fat lady. | 用那比钱买了露辛达 我们可爱的肥肥女士 |
[47:12] | – And Rex. – Rex. | -还有雷克斯 -雷克斯 |
[47:15] | But you kept the coochie girls, didn’t you? | 但是你留下库奇舞姑娘了 对吧 |
[47:17] | No denying they’re good revenue. | 不能否认 她们是摇钱树 |
[47:21] | – It’s true. – I needed money. | -确实是 -我需要钱 |
[47:22] | So I had to scavenge every dead circus | 所以我得为了我们的表演 |
[47:25] | for every act we have. | 找寻一些经营不下去的马戏团 |
[47:27] | But you didn’t have to buy me, did you? | 但是你用不着买我的 对吧 |
[47:30] | No. | 不用 |
[47:31] | – I had to marry you. – That’s right. | -我得娶你 -那是自然 |
[47:36] | – Were you a performer? – No. | -你以前是演员吗 -不是 |
[47:38] | August taught me everything I know. | 我所知道的都是奥古斯特教的 |
[47:40] | And he told me that one day we’d be | 他还告诉我有一天我们的马戏团 |
[47:42] | – as big as Ringling Brothers. – Yeah. | -会像林林家族的那么大 – 没错 |
[47:45] | Those damn brothers had a stroke of genius. | 那些讨厌的家伙有一项天才之举 |
[47:48] | They sold families the idea they | 他们让大家都想要 |
[47:50] | wanted a show their mother and sisters could see. | 母亲和姐妹能一起看的表演 |
[47:52] | No sex, no grift. | 无关性事 没有骗局 |
[47:54] | Safe for the kids. | 对儿童来说也是安全的 |
[47:56] | And nobody can touch their bookings. | 也没人能查他们的账 |
[48:00] | But we’re on our way. | 但我们有我们的办法 |
[48:02] | Yeah, this bull? | 对吧 这只大象 |
[48:04] | This bull has got to be spectacular! | 这只大象的表演会壮观无比 |
[48:08] | I take care of the spectacle. | 惹眼的部分我会搞定 |
[48:10] | Now I need someone to take care of the bull. | 大象的事就需要别人了 |
[48:12] | August wants you to be the bull man. | 奥古斯特想让你来当驯兽师 |
[48:15] | You’ll have full charge of training Rosie. With a raise. | 你全权负责萝茜的训练 有加薪 |
[48:17] | Modest raise. You’ll hardly notice it. | 稍稍加一点 你几乎注意不到 |
[48:20] | I don’t know anything about elephants. | 我不懂大象 |
[48:22] | I’m going to tell him the truth. | 我要告诉他真相了 |
[48:25] | Some outfit will be feeding | 再不招揽些顾客 我们的尸体就会 |
[48:27] | off our carcass if we don’t bring in the people. | 变成大猫的盘中餐 |
[48:30] | And I mean crowds falling | 而我要的是大家挤破头想 |
[48:33] | over their feet to get inside our big top. | 冲进我们的马戏团看表演 |
[48:37] | This bull has got to work, Jacob. She’s got to. | 这只大象得表演 雅各 她得上 |
[48:42] | I need to tell you something. | 我要告诉你些事 |
[48:45] | I’m not sure you’ll trust me after you hear it. | 我不确定听了之后你是否还信任我 |
[48:52] | I never finished Cornell. | 我没从康奈尔毕业 |
[48:55] | I’m not a real vet. | 我不是一名真正意义上的兽医 |
[48:57] | I didn’t get my degree. I’m not licensed. | 只是肄业 我没有执照 |
[49:06] | Jacob, | 雅各 |
[49:09] | do you think Lucinda the Fat Lady weighs 800 pounds? | 你以为肥肥女士露辛达有八百磅重吗 |
[49:14] | She’s 400 at the tops. | 她最多就四百 |
[49:16] | Do you think the Tattooed | 你以为刺青女是在 |
[49:17] | Woman was tattooed by headhunters in Borneo? | 波罗洲[位于马来群岛]被猎头发现的吗 |
[49:20] | She’s from Pittsburgh! | 她是匹兹堡人 |
[49:22] | It took her nine years to ink herself. | 她用了九年的时间给自己纹身 |
[49:25] | Tell him about the hippo, darling. | 告诉他河马的事 亲爱的 |
[49:27] | When she died, we swapped out | 她死了之后 我们用福尔马林 |
[49:28] | her water for formaldehyde, kept showing her. | 除去她的水分 继续展示她 |
[49:31] | For two weeks we traveled with a pickled hippo! | 我们都带着腌河马到处走了两个星期 |
[49:34] | Jacob, the world’s run on tricks. | 雅各 世上到处都是花招 |
[49:38] | Everyone plays. | 每个人都玩把戏 |
[49:41] | But it’s having a true talent, a gift born within, | 然而那是天生我材 与生俱来的 |
[49:45] | something no degree can give you… You have such a talent. | 是文凭给不了你的…你就有这种天赋 |
[49:50] | You knew with one look about Silver Star. | 只看一眼银星你就知道 |
[49:54] | You must learn, my dear boy, | 你得好好学学了 亲爱的小兄弟 |
[49:57] | that the rules of these | 傻瓜联合国的那些规则 |
[49:59] | United States of Suckers do not apply to us. | 对我们是不起作用的 |
[50:04] | To talent and illusion! | 敬天赋与错误的观念 |
[50:09] | To Rosie. | 敬萝茜 |
[50:12] | – To Rosie. – To all we love. | -敬萝茜 -敬我们爱的人 |
[50:16] | Tired of bein’ lonely | 疲于孤独 |
[50:21] | Tired of bein’ blue | 疲于忧郁 |
[50:28] | I wished I had some good man | 想要有个好男人 |
[50:34] | To tell my troubles to | 能跟他讲我的难处 |
[50:40] | I need a little sugar in my bowl | 我的身体需要尝点甜头 |
[50:45] | Darling. Be gentle, darling. | 亲爱的 温柔点儿 亲爱的 |
[50:48] | We have a guest. | 有客人在呢 |
[50:55] | August. August. | 奥古斯特 奥古斯特 |
[50:58] | August. You don’t know your own strength, darling. | 奥古斯特 你太使劲了 亲爱的 |
[51:03] | I’m right here. | 我在这 |
[51:06] | I’m right here. | 我在这 |
[51:11] | Come on, let’s get you to bed. | 快点 我带你到床上躺着 |
[51:15] | Come on. | 快点 |
[51:17] | Come here. | 过来 |
[51:19] | Excuse us, Jacob. | 借过 雅各 |
[51:25] | Move your finger | 动一动手指 |
[51:27] | Drop something in my bowl | 一起翻云覆雨 |
[51:31] | I need a little steam-heat on my floor | 把我推倒在地 |
[51:37] | Maybe I can fix things up, so they’ll go | 也许我能搞定 他们才都离开了 |
[51:43] | Get off your knees | 蹲下身子来 |
[51:45] | I can’t see what you’re drivin’ at | 我不知道你要做什么 |
[51:48] | It’s dark down there | 你那是什么东西 |
[51:49] | Looks like a snake | 看着像有条蛇 |
[51:50] | Come on here and drop somethin’ here in my bowl | 快过来 一起翻云覆雨 |
[51:54] | Stop your foolin’ | 别玩了 |
[51:56] | And drop somethin’ in my bowl | 一起翻云覆雨 |
[52:00] | Is everything all right? | 没事吧 |
[52:02] | Yes. He’s just had too much to drink. | 没事 他就是喝多了 |
[52:05] | Bessie Smith. Wish I could sing like that. | 贝西·史密斯唱的 我能唱那么动听就好了 |
[52:10] | Should I leave? | 我该离开吗 |
[52:12] | No, I want to dance. | 别走 我想跳舞 |
[52:16] | Come on, just dance with me one time, and I’ll let you go home. | 快点 就跟我跳一次 然后就放你走 |
[52:19] | Come on. | 快点 |
[52:43] | I hope you had fun tonight. | 希望你今晚玩得愉快 |
[52:47] | August really likes you. | 奥古斯特真的很喜欢你 |
[52:50] | He could use a friend. | 他本可以找朋友来做的 |
[52:54] | We both could. | 我们都是 |
[53:06] | It’s a pretty song. | 这首歌真不错 |
[53:11] | Don’t tell him what happened. | 别跟他说发生了什么 |
[53:14] | No, no. I would never do that. | 不会的 不会的 我不会说的 |
[53:20] | That’s the name of the song. Don’t Tell Him What Happened to Me. | 那是歌名 这歌叫”别跟他说发生了什么” |
[53:26] | – The song? – Yes. | -歌名吗 -是啊 |
[53:44] | Jacob. | 雅各 |
[53:48] | You should go. | 你该走了 |
[53:52] | I think you should go. | 我觉得你该走了 |
[53:59] | All right. | 好吧 |
[54:03] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[54:32] | Brava, Queenie! Brava! | 干得好 奎妮 干得好 |
[54:36] | This is my new friend and roommate, Jacob! | 这是我的新朋友兼室友 雅各 |
[54:45] | I’d like you all to make him feel at home. | 我希望大家能他感觉宾至如归 |
[54:52] | I’d love to make you feel at home. | 我很愿意让你感觉宾至如归 |
[55:34] | Oh, yeah! Come on. | 好耶 赶快 |
[55:38] | Nice legs, sister! | 腿很美啊 姐姐 |
[55:40] | Hello, beautiful! | 美女 |
[55:45] | What the hell did I do last night? | 我昨晚究竟做了什么 |
[55:47] | You threw up on Barbara. | 你吐在芭芭拉身上了 |
[55:52] | Your balls itchy? | 蛋蛋痒吗 |
[55:56] | Yeah, they are. | 挺痒的 |
[55:59] | Thank you for doing that. | 真谢谢你 |
[56:01] | It’ll grow back. In patches. | 会长出来的 一小片一小片的 |
[56:06] | What’s wrong with Queenie? | 奎妮怎么了 |
[56:09] | What do you mean, wrong? | 什么叫怎么了 |
[56:10] | I mean, she’s not hating me. Something’s wrong. | 就是说 她不讨厌我了 有问题 |
[56:13] | She must’ve eaten something. | 她肯定吃了什么东西 |
[56:14] | Try getting some honey from the cookhouse, | 去厨房弄点蜂蜜来 |
[56:16] | and if you can, some slippery elm powder. | 可以的话 再拿点儿滑榆树粉 |
[56:18] | And if that doesn’t work, | 要还是不起作用 |
[56:20] | we can check her for parasites tomorrow if you want. | 你想的话 我们明天可以给她查寄生虫 |
[56:29] | My real name’s Walter, by the way. | 我真名叫沃特 顺便说一句 |
[56:39] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[56:41] | I forgot how big you were. | 我都忘了你个头这么大了 |
[56:47] | All right, you want to get to work? Huh? | 好啦 想开始干活了吗 |
[56:51] | Okay. | 好了 |
[56:58] | All right, you have to take it easy with me today. | 很好 今天你得慢点儿 |
[57:01] | I’m not in the best form. | 我状态欠佳 |
[57:05] | You feel like walking? | 想走走吗 |
[57:06] | Wild party, I hear. | 听说派对玩得挺欢 |
[57:10] | I’ve forgotten most of it. | 我基本都记不清了 |
[57:14] | Seems like the rest of these guys haven’t, though. | 尽管其他人好像都没忘 |
[57:20] | About last night, I… | 昨晚的事 我… |
[57:23] | It was just the champagne. | 不胜酒力而已 |
[57:25] | What was? | 什么不胜酒力 |
[57:28] | You’re new at this, aren’t you? | 这是你第一次 对吗 |
[57:30] | When a woman gives it to you straight, | 要是一个女人跟你有话直说 |
[57:31] | don’t give her a line like you don’t remember. | 别回一句类似你不记得的话 |
[57:36] | All right. | 好的 |
[57:38] | I meant what I said about us being friends. | 我是指我说的关于当朋友的 |
[57:47] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[57:51] | Good morning, children. | 早上好 孩子们 |
[57:53] | – Morning, darling. – Where were you? | -早安 亲爱的 -你刚才去哪了 |
[57:55] | I woke up early to train with the girls. | 我醒得早 就去给火车上找姑娘们了 |
[57:59] | Clearly your charms are very effective on a lovesick pachyderm. | 显然你对一只害相思病的大象很有魅力 |
[58:02] | Too bad they were less successful with Barbara. | 可惜对芭芭拉没什么效果 |
[58:05] | Barbara? I didn’t… | 芭芭拉 我没… |
[58:07] | Word has it you didn’t, though you gave it the old Cornell try. | 说是没有 不过你事实证明你想 |
[58:11] | Can we get on with this, please? | 我们能开始了吗 拜托 |
[58:13] | Yes, of course. | 可以 当然可以 |
[58:13] | Now, Cornell, | 现在开始 康奈尔小子 |
[58:14] | when it comes to working with a bull, | 当你跟大象一起工作 |
[58:17] | charm’s the last thing required. | 最不需要的就是魅力 |
[58:20] | You know, any living creature needs to know who’s in charge. | 你知道的 任何动物需要知道谁是老大 |
[58:24] | They can sense when a man’s power is, | 他们能感觉到一个人的权力 |
[58:27] | shall we say, in full strength, | 应该说 是不是权威 |
[58:29] | and when a man’s power is, shall we say, not. | 还有什么时候一个人 没什么权力 |
[58:34] | First of all, can’t do | 首先 不用象钩 |
[58:37] | anything with a bull without a bull hook, can you? | 就没法儿训练 对吧 |
[58:48] | And with it, you must claim the role of master immediately. | 拿着它 你得立刻表示主人的地位 |
[58:54] | Okay. | 好的 |
[58:56] | You use it there, right above her shoulder. | 往这里刺 就在肩膀上面 |
[59:05] | And you use your full voice to command. | 嗓音要洪亮地指挥她 |
[59:12] | Rosie, | 萝茜 |
[59:15] | walk! | 走起来 |
[59:16] | – Rosie, move, walk! – Now jab her! | -萝茜 动一动 走起来 -现在刺她 |
[59:20] | She needs to know you mean it. | 她得知道你是认真的 |
[59:31] | Rosie, walk. | 萝茜 走起来 |
[59:33] | Rosie, walk, come on. | 萝茜 走一步 拜托 |
[59:38] | Rosie, walk! | 萝茜 走起来 |
[59:40] | Watch me. Back off. | 看我怎么做的 你退后 |
[59:45] | Up. | 抬脚 |
[59:47] | Up. | 抬脚 |
[59:50] | Forward! | 往前走 |
[59:53] | Forward! Move! | 往前走 动起来 |
[59:58] | Up! | 抬脚 |
[1:00:00] | Up! Move! | 抬脚 动起来 |
[1:00:03] | Up! Move! | 抬脚 动起来 |
[1:00:06] | Up! | 抬脚 |
[1:00:09] | Up! Move! | 抬脚 动起来 |
[1:02:24] | Ladies and gentlemen, and children of all ages, | 女士们先生们 还有各位小朋友们 |
[1:02:29] | welcome to the most extravagant extravaganza | 欢迎见证史上最震撼 |
[1:02:33] | the human eye can behold! | 最华丽的表演 |
[1:02:35] | Welcome the stars | 有请班齐尼兄弟马戏团 |
[1:02:37] | of the Benzini Brothers Most Spectacular Show on Earth! | 全球最闪耀的星级表演节目 |
[1:03:33] | Move up! Up! | 往前 走 |
[1:03:48] | Up! Move! | 动起来 走 |
[1:04:39] | In the big top! Come on! | 在主帐篷 快来 |
[1:04:45] | – You all right? – Yeah. I just landed funny on my heel. | -你没事吧 -还好 是脚后跟先着地 |
[1:04:48] | Get that damn bull before we’re driven out of town. | 在我们被赶走前找到那头大混蛋 |
[1:04:51] | Don’t forget the bull hook. | 别忘带上钩子 |
[1:04:54] | Jacob? Some of the boys saw her heading for town. | 雅各 有伙计看到大象往城镇去了 |
[1:04:57] | I’ll help you, kid. Come on. | 我来帮你 孩子 走吧 |
[1:05:05] | Excuse me, sir. Excuse me. | 借过 先生 借过 |
[1:05:09] | Excuse me, ma’am. | 借过 女士 |
[1:05:11] | Excuse me, ma’am. | 借过 女士 |
[1:05:14] | This yours? | 这是你们的吗 |
[1:05:15] | Yeah, we’ll take care of it, | 是的 交给我们就好了 |
[1:05:17] | Officer. Don’t you worry. Thank you. | 长官 不用担心 谢谢您 |
[1:05:18] | My cabbage! You pay for those, eh? | 我的卷心菜啊 你得赔我 |
[1:05:19] | I’m sorry, sir. | 抱歉 先生 |
[1:05:20] | I’ll get out of here in two minutes. | 我马上就走 |
[1:05:22] | Oh, they just love booze. | 他们就是喜欢喝酒 |
[1:05:25] | One whiff of this, and she ain’t thinking about corn anymore! | 只要再吸一口 她就不会恋着玉米了 |
[1:05:28] | Did you see that? | 看到了吗 |
[1:05:30] | Got this from Wade and Grady. Bastards been holding out on me. | 这是从韦德与格雷迪那买的 被这些狗杂种耍了 |
[1:05:35] | – Hey, mister! To pay? – I will. I will! | -先生 你还没赔钱呢 -会赔的 会的 |
[1:05:38] | Kills me, wasting it on a goddamn pachyderm. | 真要命 这么好的东西都给这个厚皮兽喝了 |
[1:05:45] | Oh! This damn leg of mine. | 我这条破腿 |
[1:05:48] | Is she following? | 她跟着吗 |
[1:05:50] | – Yeah, she’s following. – Good. | -跟着 -很好 |
[1:05:54] | Evening. | 晚上好 |
[1:05:58] | – You okay? – I’m fine. I have a sore wrist. | -怎么样了 -我很好 就是手腕有点疼 |
[1:06:02] | A bruised heel. I’ll be fine. | 脚后跟有点瘀青 不打紧 |
[1:06:06] | But I think August could use a drink. | 不过我想奥古斯特要喝点什么 |
[1:06:08] | Maybe you should take him out, Jacob. Get him to relax a bit. | 你跟他一起出去吧 雅各 让他放松下 |
[1:06:12] | Did you catch that bull? | 逮着那蠢蛋没有 |
[1:06:15] | Yeah, I got her back in her car eventually. | 总算把她弄回车厢里了 |
[1:06:20] | Good. | 干得好 |
[1:06:24] | August? | 奥古斯特 |
[1:06:26] | August! | 奥古斯特 |
[1:06:29] | August! Don’t! | 奥古斯特 不要 |
[1:06:31] | – August! August! – Stop! | -奥古斯特 奥古斯特 -站住 |
[1:06:34] | August! She was good! She was good. She came back on her own. | 奥古斯特 她没事 她没事 是她自己回来的 |
[1:06:37] | She just needs more time. She wasn’t ready yet. Hey! | 她只是需要点时间 她还没调整好 |
[1:07:02] | Stop it! | 够了 |
[1:07:03] | Stay down, kid. I mean it! | 别上去 听着 孩子 |
[1:08:12] | We need to get a lot of whiskey. | 我们需要大量的威士忌 |
[1:08:20] | I don’t understand why a man like that | 真不理解像这样的人为什么选择 |
[1:08:21] | wants to be around animals in the first place. | 跟动物们在一起 |
[1:08:24] | He shouldn’t have the right if you ask me. | 你要这样我问 我会说他不该有这个权力 |
[1:08:51] | Marlena! | 玛琳娜 |
[1:08:57] | Did Marlena send you? | 是玛琳娜让你来的吗 |
[1:09:00] | No. | 不是 |
[1:09:03] | She doesn’t want to see me. | 她不想见我 |
[1:09:06] | She won’t talk to me. | 不跟我说话 |
[1:09:10] | She won’t forgive me this time. | 这次她肯定不会原谅我了 |
[1:09:14] | Maybe you can talk to her. | 或许你可以跟她谈谈 |
[1:09:20] | I know there is no excuse for what I did. | 我知道自己没什么借口好找 |
[1:09:24] | – Is she all right, Rosie? – She could use some whiskey. | -萝茜还好吗 -现在可以喝点威士忌了 |
[1:09:27] | Yeah, yeah. Here, take all I’ve got. | 把我的都拿走 |
[1:09:37] | Take it. | 拿走 |
[1:09:39] | Will you tell her? Marlena? | 你会告诉玛琳娜吗 |
[1:09:43] | Tell her what? | 说什么 |
[1:09:44] | I saw the bull rear up and run away with her, | 我看到大象暴跳起来还带着她狂奔 |
[1:09:48] | and I lost my mind. | 一时就急了 |
[1:09:49] | That’s no excuse. I know that. | 这也不是理由 我知道 |
[1:09:59] | I’ve spent all that money on that bull. | 我把所有的钱都花在了那头大象上 |
[1:10:03] | I need to pay the workmen. I have debts to pay. | 我得给伙计们发工资 还要还债 |
[1:10:08] | I need to sell tickets. | 为此我得把票卖出去 |
[1:10:12] | And that bull is useless. | 可那头大象一点用都没有 |
[1:10:15] | If I lose Marlena, you understand, I’ll lose all of this. | 如果我失去了玛琳娜 知道吗 我会失去这一切 |
[1:10:30] | What were you planning on doing with that bull hook? | 你拿着钩子是想干什么 |
[1:10:36] | Jacob? | 雅各 |
[1:10:56] | Are you sure that’s not too much? She might get drunk. | 你确定这不会太多吗 她会喝醉的 |
[1:10:59] | She weighs four tons. She just gets sleepy. | 她重达四吨 她只是累了 |
[1:11:02] | She can barely move as it is. | 走不动罢了 |
[1:11:04] | She’ll be fine. | 她会好起来的 |
[1:11:11] | I don’t know what to do, Camel. | 我不知道做些什么 老骆 |
[1:11:13] | He’ll kill her next time. | 下次他会杀了她的 |
[1:11:15] | There’s nothing you can do. A man like that. | 对这种鸟人你只能表示无语 |
[1:11:18] | He throws men off a moving train | 他会把人从飞驰的列车上扔下去 |
[1:11:20] | so he don’t have to pay. | 这样就不用发工资了 |
[1:11:22] | You think he thinks twice | 你以为他会在杀死 |
[1:11:23] | about killing one of God’s innocent creatures? | 这些无辜生命前会瞻前顾后吗 |
[1:11:30] | – Can you pass me the other rag? – Mmm? | -麻烦把另一块布给我 -什么 |
[1:11:32] | It’s under your foot. | 就在你的脚下 |
[1:11:34] | Lift your leg. Lift your leg. | 抬脚 抬脚 |
[1:11:50] | I want you to read these out loud to Rosie. | 我想让你把这个对着萝茜大声读出来 |
[1:12:10] | Might help if he said “Please.” | 加个”请”字或许会奏效 |
[1:12:14] | Say… | 这样说 |
[1:12:19] | – What does that mean? – Just try it. | -那是什么意思 -你说就是了 |
[1:12:31] | Now the next one. | 再读下一个 |
[1:13:07] | The only really authentic miracle is success. | 只有成功才是可知可感的奇迹 |
[1:13:13] | Washes away all sins. | 洗净一切罪恶 |
[1:13:16] | Don’t you think? Just the thought of it makes all things right. | 你不觉得吗 仅仅这样想一下都会万事顺心 |
[1:13:21] | Anyway, to Rosie, | 不管怎样 这杯敬萝茜 |
[1:13:24] | our big, fat, beautiful | 巨大无比的 肥嘟嘟的 艳丽无比的 |
[1:13:28] | bull’s-eye of a star attraction. | 超级明星 新的票房亮点 |
[1:13:35] | – I need to get some more champagne. – Let me get it. | -我再去拿点香槟 -我去拿 |
[1:13:38] | No. Sit! My party. | 不不 你坐着 今天我做东 |
[1:13:49] | It’s good seeing him like this. | 看到他这样真好 |
[1:13:53] | Looks like it’s gonna be standing room only from now on. | 看起来从现在起我们都有立足之地了 |
[1:13:55] | You know how many star acts we’ve had that packed them in? | 你知道我们像这样制作了多少星级表演吗 |
[1:13:59] | How much money we’ve made and lost, | 知道我们挣了多少赔了多少 |
[1:14:02] | and made and lost? | 然后如此周而复始吗 |
[1:14:06] | Silver Star paid for our new stateroom, | 银星的表演为我们偿还了新场地的费用 |
[1:14:08] | and look what happened to him. | 可看看他最终的下场 |
[1:14:12] | Why do you stay with him? | 那你为何还跟他在一起 |
[1:14:16] | I was born a passenger. | 我生来就是个别人生命中的过客 |
[1:14:19] | They found me wrapped in a | 有人在从巴尔的摩去往俄亥俄州的车座下 |
[1:14:20] | newspaper under a seat on the Baltimore and Ohio. | 发现了裹在报纸里的我 |
[1:14:23] | I was just three days old. | 当时我才三天大 |
[1:14:25] | I grew up in foster homes. | 我是在寄养家庭长大的 |
[1:14:27] | I’d always daydream about who my parents were. | 我常常会做些白日梦 想象父母是谁 |
[1:14:30] | When I was five, for an entire year, | 五岁的时候 整整一年 |
[1:14:32] | I pretended my mom was an Appaloosa mare. | 我都恍惚觉得妈妈是匹枣红母马 |
[1:14:35] | I did. | 千真万确 |
[1:14:37] | And that I was a filly, | 而我则是匹小母马 |
[1:14:40] | and that I was just dreaming that I was a girl. | 幻想着自己是个普通的小女孩 |
[1:14:44] | And that one day I’d wake up, and I’d run home. | 幻想有一天我会醒来 跑回家 |
[1:14:50] | One thing was for sure, I was a lot safer in those stables | 有一点毫无疑问 那就是我在那些马厩里 |
[1:14:52] | than I ever was in those homes. | 比我以前待的寄养家庭安全得多 |
[1:14:56] | And then the circus came to town. | 随后 这个马戏团来到了我们镇里 |
[1:14:59] | And there they were, | 我看到了他们 |
[1:15:01] | these six gorgeous black Friesians | 这六匹炫丽无比的纯黑费力西安马 |
[1:15:03] | with red tassels hanging down their manes. | 下垂的红色流苏装点着他们黝黑的鬃毛 |
[1:15:06] | So beautiful. | 是如此地美丽 |
[1:15:09] | And August was right out front. | 当时奥古斯特就在前面 |
[1:15:11] | And as soon as he looked at me, | 在他看到我的一刹那 |
[1:15:13] | I knew I’d never live with strangers again. | 我就知道 自己找到了归宿 |
[1:15:19] | So we got married. | 所以我们结婚了 |
[1:15:21] | And where did I end up? | 后来呢 |
[1:15:23] | Living on a train. | 我就以火车为家 |
[1:15:25] | It’s the only real home I’ve ever known. | 这也是我意识中唯一的真正的家 |
[1:15:30] | And you know, I’m a star attraction. | 如你所知 我是个星级卖点 |
[1:15:38] | Out there, | 离开了这里 |
[1:15:40] | I got nothing just like everybody else. | 我就一无所有 像其他人那样 |
[1:15:46] | You’re a beautiful woman. You deserve a beautiful life. | 你是一个美丽的女人 理应享有美妙的生活 |
[1:15:50] | That’s all there is to it. | 天经地义 |
[1:15:56] | Where were you when I was 17, huh? | 我十七岁时 怎么没遇到你 |
[1:16:05] | Let’s dance. | 跳个舞吧 |
[1:16:57] | This is a raid! | 突击检查 |
[1:17:03] | Raid! | 紧急搜捕 |
[1:17:06] | Marlena! Marlena! | 玛琳娜 玛琳娜 |
[1:17:14] | Jacob! | 雅各 |
[1:17:15] | Hey! Hold it right there! | 把那边堵住 |
[1:17:21] | This way! | 这边 |
[1:17:29] | – You all right? – That was really close. | -你还好吧 -真够险的 |
[1:17:32] | I ripped my stockings. | 我的丝袜都撕破了 |
[1:17:34] | They were silk, too. | 蚕丝做的 |
[1:17:36] | Who cares? | 谁顾得了呢 |
[1:17:39] | I don’t know how we’re going to find our way back, | 真不知道我们怎么找到回去的路 |
[1:17:42] | especially if we don’t find August. | 尤其是我们找不到奥古斯特的话 |
[1:17:47] | We should probably go look for him, right? | 我们应该去找他的 是吧 |
[1:18:24] | Don’t follow me. | 别跟着我 |
[1:18:46] | I told myself, let her go. | 我告诉自己 让她走 |
[1:18:48] | She’ll tell August that I got lost in the crowd. | 她会跟奥古斯特说我在人群中走散了 |
[1:18:51] | It’s the best thing for her. | 这样对她最好 |
[1:18:53] | It’s the best thing for everybody. | 对大家也最好 |
[1:18:55] | I just couldn’t do it. | 可我做不到 |
[1:18:57] | Rosie… | 萝茜 |
[1:18:59] | I convinced myself I had to stay to protect Rosie. | 我劝服自己 留下来是为了保护萝茜 |
[1:19:02] | To protect Marlena. Because August couldn’t be trusted. | 还有玛琳娜 奥古斯特靠不住 |
[1:19:11] | When the truth was | 而实际情况却是 |
[1:19:13] | maybe I was the man who couldn’t be trusted. | 靠不住的人是我 |
[1:19:21] | Something’s wrong with Camel. Come on. | 老骆有点不对劲 快来 |
[1:19:29] | Hey, kid. How nice to see you. | 孩子 见到你真好 |
[1:19:33] | Hey, Camel. | 老骆 |
[1:19:37] | – What’s wrong? – I don’t know. | -怎么了 -我不知道 |
[1:19:39] | I woke up this morning, and my feet was all floppy. | 今早起来的时候就觉得两腿发软 |
[1:19:43] | I just can’t feel them right. | 总使不上劲 |
[1:19:47] | And it’s not just that, though. There’s other stuff, too. | 不只如此 还有其他部位也这样 |
[1:19:52] | – Like down there? Man stuff? – Yeah. | -那边吗 男人的玩意吗 -是 |
[1:19:57] | What’s wrong with him, Doc? | 医生 这是怎么回事 |
[1:19:58] | It’s jake leg. I’ve seen it before. | 饮酒过度导致的麻痹 我以前见过 |
[1:20:01] | No such thing, is there, Doc? | 不是我喝的这个 是吧 医生 |
[1:20:04] | Manufacturer started putting this plasticizer in this | 现在规定牙买加的姜提取物不能作为酒类出售 |
[1:20:07] | to get around regulations that | 制造商为避免犯规 |
[1:20:09] | Jamaican ginger extract not be sold as booze. | 就往里加一些塑化剂 |
[1:20:12] | You’re not supposed to drink this stuff, you know? | 你不该喝这种东西的 你不知道吗 |
[1:20:14] | What the hell am I supposed to drink | 那我他妈的喝什么 |
[1:20:16] | to stop the shakes? | 才可以阻止该死的颤抖呢 |
[1:20:18] | It’s Prohibition. | 都是禁酒令惹的 |
[1:20:20] | I ain’t no Astor. | 我又不是富翁 |
[1:20:22] | It’s okay, Camel. Tomorrow’s payday. | 不要紧 老骆 明天该发工资了 |
[1:20:24] | We’ll get you some moonshine. | 我们会给你弄点威士忌 |
[1:20:26] | Don’t lie to the man. If we were getting paid, | 扯淡 我们真能拿到薪水的话 |
[1:20:28] | Blackie wouldn’t have red-lighted nine men. | 布莱切就不会那样对付九个伙计了 |
[1:20:31] | That can’t be true. | 那不可能 |
[1:20:33] | Nine men disappear between Goshen and Weehawken? | 从歌珊地到的威霍肯路上九个伙计凭空消失了 |
[1:20:36] | And we didn’t make no stops. | 而一路车都没有停过 |
[1:20:42] | Is he gonna get better? | 他会好起来吗 |
[1:20:44] | Earl or Blackie see Camel like this, it’s over. | 厄尔或者布莱切看到老骆这样就完蛋了 |
[1:20:47] | We need to get him out of sight, Jacob. | 我们得把他藏起来 雅各 |
[1:20:53] | All right. | 好 |
[1:21:04] | Jacob, in a week, he’s not gonna be able to move his legs at all. | 雅各 一个礼拜内他的腿都动不了 |
[1:21:08] | Listen. He told me he has a son in Reading. | 听着 他跟我说过有个儿子在雷丁 |
[1:21:12] | We play there in three weeks. | 三个礼拜后我们就到了 |
[1:21:15] | Three weeks. That’s all he needs. | 就三个礼拜 这对他就够了 |
[1:21:17] | Blackie and his men don’t patrol performer cars. | 布莱切和他的手下是不会搜查表演者的车厢的 |
[1:21:32] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[1:21:36] | – Do you mind if I sit? – Not at all. | -我可以坐这儿吗 -坐吧 |
[1:21:48] | Can we speak privately later? | 可以和你单独聊聊吗 |
[1:21:51] | Why? Is something the matter? | 怎么啦 遇到麻烦了吗 |
[1:21:54] | I just wanted to apologize about what happened last night. | 我就是想为昨晚上的事情向你致歉 |
[1:21:57] | That’s silly, Jacob. Why would you apologize? | 太扯了吧 雅各 为什么要道歉呢 |
[1:22:00] | You weren’t even there. | 当时你都不在 |
[1:22:04] | I explained to August what happened as best I could remember it. | 我尽可能详细地向奥古斯特解释发生的事情 |
[1:22:07] | Champagne just overwhelms my senses. | 香槟喝多了 有点记不清 |
[1:22:11] | I remember there was a crowd, and people were pushing. | 记得当时很拥挤 大家推推攘攘 |
[1:22:14] | And I was running, and I fell and tore my stockings. | 我也在跑 然后跌倒了 丝袜也撕破了 |
[1:22:18] | Morning, children! | 早上好 孩子们 |
[1:22:21] | That was quite an adventure we had last night. | 昨晚真是够惊险的啊 |
[1:22:26] | Thanks, Pauley. | 谢谢 波利 |
[1:22:28] | Glad I didn’t have to bail you out of jail. How’d you get home? | 还好我不用把你保释出来 你怎么回家的 |
[1:22:32] | – I took the ferry. – Brilliant and cheap. | -坐渡轮 -聪明 又省钱 |
[1:22:36] | Good man. | 好伙计 |
[1:22:38] | I slept like a baby after last night. | 昨晚我睡得很香 像个婴儿 |
[1:22:44] | Thank you, my darling! | 谢谢你 宝贝 |
[1:22:45] | August, please, we’re in public. | 别这样 奥古斯特 大庭广众的 |
[1:22:48] | What? Nothing to be ashamed of. | 这有什么 没什么好害羞的 |
[1:22:49] | Man and wife reuniting in their marriage bed? | 夫妻双方在婚床上合二为一 |
[1:22:52] | It’s a sacred act. | 是项神圣的举动 |
[1:22:54] | My Marlena has forgiven me. | 我的玛琳娜已经原谅我了 |
[1:22:57] | All’s well with the world again. | 世界又恢复太平了 |
[1:23:12] | Now, in a circle. | 现在 走一圈 |
[1:23:24] | Beautiful, Jacob. | 干得漂亮 雅各 |
[1:23:29] | You know, I was really worried about you two last night. | 知道吗 昨晚上我挺担心你们俩的 |
[1:23:34] | If anything had happened to Marlena, | 要是玛琳娜有什么事 |
[1:23:38] | if anyone had harmed her or as much as touched her, | 任何人伤害了她 哪怕只是碰了她一下 |
[1:23:45] | I hate to think of it. | 一想到这个我就来气 |
[1:23:48] | Now let’s bring her back in. | 把她叫回来 |
[1:23:58] | If August knew anything about that night, | 奥古斯特到底是否知道昨晚发生的事情 |
[1:24:01] | you’d never know it. | 没人可以确定 |
[1:24:02] | All he seemed to care about was Rosie, | 他现在只关心萝茜 |
[1:24:05] | and God love her, she played her part to a T. | 上帝亦垂怜于她 萝茜俨然融于了这个大家庭 |
[1:24:08] | We all did. | 所有人都是 |
[1:24:10] | Everything went back to how it was before. | 一切回复往日的模样 |
[1:24:13] | At least, that’s how it looked. | 至少表面上看是这样 |
[1:24:15] | But nothing was the same. August was right again. | 可本质上没有什么是完全一样的 奥古斯特又说对了 |
[1:24:20] | Everything is an illusion. | 世间万物都是假象 |
[1:24:27] | Come on! | 快来 |
[1:26:23] | With straw house sell-outs, | 门票往往售罄 |
[1:26:25] | August promised the men he’d finally pay them with increases, | 奥古斯特向大家保证一旦他的债务偿清 |
[1:26:28] | once his debts were covered. | 最终会给大家涨工资的 |
[1:26:31] | Success had made a new man out of August, they all said. | 大家都说 成功造就了一个新的奥古斯特 |
[1:26:34] | But I watched him, and I knew it was just a matter of time. | 可是我一直关注着他 我知道只是时间问题 |
[1:26:44] | Shh! Children. | 嘘 孩子们 |
[1:26:48] | The circus is nothing without its traditions. | 我们马戏团一直保有优良的传统 |
[1:26:51] | It’s a family. | 我们是一个大家庭 |
[1:26:53] | And like any family, when a new member is born, | 就像每个家庭一样 当新的成员诞生时 |
[1:26:56] | its arrival has to be | 它的降临必须 |
[1:26:58] | greeted with celebration and with gratitude. | 要怀着感恩的心予以热烈的庆祝 |
[1:27:01] | Now I know we’ve all been kind of busy lately | 而我知道我们最近都因为爆满的表演 |
[1:27:03] | with sold-out performances. Thank the gods! | 而忙得不可开交 感谢上帝 |
[1:27:08] | Shh! | 嘘 |
[1:27:12] | But right now, I want to take this moment before today’s show | 可是此刻 我想趁今天演出前的这段空隙 |
[1:27:15] | to gather together. | 把大家聚在一起 |
[1:27:17] | We close our eyes | 闭上眼睛 |
[1:27:22] | and we thank | 然后我们要感谢 |
[1:27:23] | whoever’s up there that | 不管是谁 |
[1:27:24] | sends desperate men running for the rails. | 送来了不顾一切为了火车奔跑的男人 |
[1:27:29] | Because it was a lucky day | 因为在雅各·詹克斯基 |
[1:27:32] | when Jacob Jankowski jumped our train. | 跳上我们的火车的那天 是我们幸运的一天 |
[1:27:36] | It is because of his discovery | 正是因为他的发现 |
[1:27:38] | that we have the greatest star attraction | 我们才有了在班齐尼兄弟历史上 |
[1:27:41] | in the Benzini Brothers’ history! | 最强劲的星级表演 |
[1:27:48] | Shh! And so, | 所以 |
[1:27:51] | to officially welcome him into our family, | 为了正式欢迎他加入我们的家庭 |
[1:27:56] | we open our eyes, | 睁开我们的眼睛 |
[1:27:58] | and we give him the traditional Benzini Brothers baptism! | 给予他班齐尼兄弟的传统洗礼 |
[1:28:28] | Congratulations, Jacob. | 恭喜你 雅各 |
[1:28:35] | Will you bring | 一会儿结束了你能把 |
[1:28:36] | Rosie to my tent after this? | 萝茜带到我的帐篷来吗 |
[1:28:37] | And don’t tell anyone, okay? | 别告诉任何人 行吗 |
[1:28:55] | Where do you want her? | 你要她做什么 |
[1:28:58] | Oh, if you could stake her right there, that would be great. | 如果你能把她留在这就太好了 |
[1:29:02] | I’m planning a little surprise for August. | 我在为奥古斯特策划一份惊喜 |
[1:29:04] | I’ve never seen the company so happy before. | 我从没见过大家这么开心 |
[1:29:07] | Maybe we will give Ringling Brothers | 也许我们应该给 |
[1:29:08] | a run for their money. | 林林兄弟来点刺激的 |
[1:29:12] | Do you need anything else? | 你还想要什么吗 |
[1:29:14] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[1:29:19] | Um, actually… | 实际上 |
[1:29:22] | – Thank you. – Sorry. | -谢谢你 -抱歉 |
[1:29:27] | So, what’s this? | 这是什么 |
[1:29:29] | Oh, this is for you. Surprise! Congratulations, darling. | 是给你的 惊喜吧 恭喜你亲爱的 |
[1:29:32] | Thank you, my darling. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[1:29:35] | Jacob, where are you going? | 雅各 你去哪 |
[1:29:37] | It’s your thing. | 交给你了 |
[1:29:38] | No, please join us. Come. | 别啊 留下吧 |
[1:29:42] | – Marlena. – Of course. | -玛琳娜 你说呢 -当然 |
[1:29:59] | To August, a genuine miracle | 敬奥古斯特 一个真正的奇迹 |
[1:30:01] | man for making a star attraction out of me. | 一个把我打造成星级表演者的男人 |
[1:30:04] | Many thanks. | 非常感谢 |
[1:30:08] | Many thanks to both of you. | 非常感谢你们大家 |
[1:30:13] | And forgive me for arriving too soon and spoiling the surprise. | 原谅我到的太早 破坏了你的惊喜气氛 |
[1:30:16] | I could go back out. | 我可以先回去 |
[1:30:18] | Give you more time. | 多给你点时间 |
[1:30:20] | Or better yet, | 或者更好的是 |
[1:30:21] | I could yell “Raid!” And clear the place out. | 我可以大叫紧急搜查 然后清场 |
[1:30:25] | In fact, it gave me an idea for the show. | 说实话 这倒让我有了一个演出的好想法 |
[1:30:27] | A new act. | 新的表演 |
[1:30:30] | This is the story. | 是这样 |
[1:30:32] | A first dance. Two characters. | 第一支舞 两个角色 |
[1:30:36] | A young awkward man, | 一个年轻古怪的男人 |
[1:30:38] | hopelessly in love with a woman beyond his reach, | 绝望地爱着一个他配不上的女人 |
[1:30:41] | who teases his affections. | 那女人还玩弄着他的感情 |
[1:30:46] | We start with a romantic | 我们由一个浪漫旋律开始 |
[1:30:48] | melody that sweeps them onto the dance floor. | 将他们带到舞台 |
[1:30:52] | He wraps his arms around her. | 他用胳膊搂着她 |
[1:30:55] | He wraps his arms around her. | 他用胳膊搂着她 |
[1:31:00] | Come on. Please, indulge me. I’m inspired. | 拜托 让我纵情吧 我得到灵感了 |
[1:31:05] | The audience will love it! | 观众一定喜欢 |
[1:31:08] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:31:12] | Now, they look into each other’s eyes. | 现在 他们凝视对方的眼睛 |
[1:31:17] | – August… – Look at him! | -奥古斯特 -你看着他 |
[1:31:23] | She touches his cheek. | 她轻抚着他的脸颊 |
[1:31:27] | And gently runs her hand down his neck, | 温柔的将手滑落到他的脖子 |
[1:31:31] | playing with his hair. | 玩弄他的头发 |
[1:31:37] | Never leaving his eyes. Never leaving his eyes. | 一直凝视着他 一直凝视着他 |
[1:31:43] | Making him believe she’s his. | 使他相信她是他的 |
[1:31:46] | He slides his hand lower | 他将他的手放低 |
[1:31:50] | and lower, below her waist. | 再放低 低过她的腰 |
[1:31:57] | But she slaps his wrist | 但是她挡住了他的手腕 |
[1:32:01] | as if to protect her honor | 好像要对抗这个粗鲁的放荡之徒 |
[1:32:03] | against this rude Lothario. | 来保护她的贞洁 |
[1:32:09] | That’s it! | 就这些 |
[1:32:10] | The audience will eat it up. They love the illusion. | 观众会全盘尽收的 他们喜欢有幻想 |
[1:32:12] | They’ll never guess you have no honor to protect. | 他们猜不到你其实没有什么贞洁需要保护 |
[1:32:15] | August. Please. | 奥古斯特 拜托 |
[1:32:19] | It’s funny how things pan out. | 看着事情发展很有趣 |
[1:32:22] | I’ve always known the kind of woman you really are. | 我一直很了解你这种女人到底是怎样 |
[1:32:25] | Sitting in front of your dress shop, | 坐在你的服饰店前 |
[1:32:28] | watching the parade. | 看着车水马龙 |
[1:32:31] | Those little-girl-lost eyes. | 那些小女孩渴望的眼神 |
[1:32:34] | This beautiful, almost translucent skin. | 那美丽的 近乎透明的肌肤 |
[1:32:37] | Well, translucent to me. | 好吧 对我来说透明的 |
[1:32:38] | I could always see straight through you. | 我一直能看穿你 |
[1:32:42] | I’m sorry to say that you’re really a very common type, darling. | 很抱歉这样说 但亲爱的你的确是这种女人 |
[1:32:45] | Marlena, we should go. | 玛琳娜 我们该走了 |
[1:32:47] | Is that the plan? | 这是个计划吗 |
[1:32:50] | – You’re leaving me for him? – No. | -你要为了他离开我 -不 |
[1:32:52] | – You must be special. No? – August, please. | -你是独一无二的 -奥古斯特 拜托 |
[1:32:55] | If he doesn’t mean anything to you, tell me to fire him. | 如果他对你完全不重要 就让我解雇他 |
[1:33:00] | Fire him. | 解雇他吧 |
[1:33:01] | Tell me to unleash Blackie and his men | 跟我说 可以让布莱切和他的同伴 |
[1:33:03] | to teach him a lesson not to touch my things. | 给他点教训 让他别再碰我的东西 |
[1:33:05] | Marlena. Marlena, it’s all right. | 玛琳娜 玛琳娜 没关系 |
[1:33:08] | Jacob, just go. | 雅各 走吧 |
[1:33:11] | Ooh. Dissention in the ranks! | 不同等级意见不一 |
[1:33:15] | Betrayal trumps lust! | 背叛胜过了欲望 |
[1:33:18] | That’s what sells tickets, kids! | 这就是卖点 孩子 |
[1:33:20] | August, look at me. Look. | 奥古斯特 看着我 |
[1:33:24] | I’m not going anywhere. I’m right here. | 我哪里也不去 我就在这里 |
[1:33:29] | – Do you want to leave me? – No. | -你会离开我吗 -不会 |
[1:33:33] | But I’m your wife. I’m not one of your things. | 但是我是你的妻子 我不是你的附属品 |
[1:33:36] | Prove it. | 证明给我看 |
[1:33:41] | Look at me! | 看着我 |
[1:33:43] | Nothing is going on. Nothing. Do you hear me? | 什么事都没有 没有 听到了吗 |
[1:33:47] | I’ll never leave you. | 我永远不会离开你 |
[1:34:02] | Of course, an innocent woman wouldn’t have to get on her knees. | 当然 一个无辜的女人没有必要下跪 |
[1:34:08] | But you can’t help it, can you? | 但是你控制不了 对吧 |
[1:34:10] | Just force of habit for a woman like you. | 就是一个你这样的女人不自主的行为 |
[1:34:44] | Boss! | 老板 |
[1:34:46] | The rubes. | 乡巴佬 |
[1:34:54] | Walk away now, | 赶紧走开 |
[1:34:56] | or this will get a lot worse a lot faster! | 否则这次你死得更快更惨 |
[1:35:00] | I got him! Okay? I got him. | 我抓到他了 我抓到他了 |
[1:35:08] | The only thing keeping you alive right now are those rubes. | 现在唯一你能让你活着的就是这些乡巴佬 |
[1:35:11] | August hates witnesses. | 奥古斯特讨厌证人 |
[1:35:12] | Oh, jeez, kid, what did you do? | 上帝啊 孩子 你做了什么 |
[1:35:14] | I’m not leaving her with him. | 我不会把她抛给他自己走的 |
[1:35:18] | – Get in! Shut the door! – I have to find her! | -进来 关门 -我得去找她 |
[1:35:22] | You go after her, and August can have you shot, | 你去找她 奥古斯特会一枪毙了你 |
[1:35:23] | and nobody can stop him. | 没人阻止得了他 |
[1:35:25] | Look, you just got fired. Makes you a trespasser. | 你都被解雇了 你现在就变成外人了 |
[1:35:30] | Jacob. | 雅各 |
[1:35:33] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[1:35:36] | The girls overheard | 姑娘们偷听到 |
[1:35:36] | August giving Blackie the order. | 奥古斯特给布莱切下命令 |
[1:35:38] | They’re coming after you as soon as we start to move. | 只要我们一走 他们就来追你 |
[1:35:40] | You have to get off this train right now. | 你们现在得下车了 |
[1:35:57] | Go. | 快 |
[1:36:01] | If we don’t get too far, there’s a hotel in Salem. | 如果我们不走太远 在萨勒姆有个旅馆 |
[1:36:04] | – But don’t stay longer than the night. – Just come with me. | -但是别待到晚上 -跟着我 |
[1:36:07] | What? | 什么 |
[1:36:09] | You think there’s nothing out there for you, but there is. | 你觉得你出去后什么都没有 但其实有 |
[1:36:11] | You just can’t see it. | 你只是看不到罢了 |
[1:36:13] | Jacob, you don’t understand. | 雅各 你不懂 我做不到 |
[1:36:15] | I can’t. He’ll find me. | 他会找到我的 |
[1:36:16] | Marlena, there’s a better kind of life that’s meant for you. | 玛琳娜 对你来说 有更好的生活 |
[1:36:21] | Whether that life is with me or not, | 不管那种生活中有没有我 |
[1:36:23] | or whether you love me or not, | 你爱或者不爱我 |
[1:36:26] | it doesn’t matter. | 都没关系 |
[1:36:29] | But it’s got to be now. | 但必须 也只能是现在 |
[1:39:39] | How long have I been asleep? | 我睡了多久 |
[1:39:42] | We can’t stay here, | 我们不能待在这里 |
[1:39:43] | Jacob. We have to keep moving. | 雅各 我们得走了 |
[1:39:45] | Hey, don’t worry. We’ll get the first bus out of here. | 别担心 我们坐首班车离开这儿 |
[1:39:49] | We’ll make our way to Ithaca. | 然后去伊萨卡岛 |
[1:39:51] | I’ll call my dean, take my finals. | 我会打电话给我的院长 让我补考毕业考 |
[1:39:53] | We do whatever job we can until my license comes in, | 在我拿到执照之前 我做什么工作都行 |
[1:39:56] | and then we go to Ringling. | 然后我们去林林 |
[1:39:58] | Ringling’s a tough act to break into. | 林林更难进入 |
[1:40:00] | – You can’t just walk through the door. – No, no, no. | -走进去就得了 -不不不 |
[1:40:03] | Not if we offer ourselves as a team. | 除非我们成为一个组合 |
[1:40:07] | You as a performer, me as a vet. | 你做一个表演者 我做兽医 |
[1:40:08] | That’s a pretty sweet deal, right? | 很不错的计划 对吧 |
[1:40:10] | You think they’ll take it? | 你觉得他们会信吗 |
[1:40:13] | No! No! No! | 不不不 |
[1:40:15] | Someone’s coming. | 有人来了 |
[1:41:17] | Easy, up. Come on. | 放松 过来 |
[1:41:19] | Mind yourself. | 小心 |
[1:41:20] | Get that branch. | 拿树枝 |
[1:41:22] | Get back on. Come on. We’re losing time. | 回来 快 我们没时间了 |
[1:41:27] | Come on. | 来 |
[1:41:49] | Walter. | 沃特 |
[1:42:00] | Camel? | 老骆 |
[1:44:09] | Ladies and gentlemen! | 女士们先生们 |
[1:44:10] | Step this way! Just follow the sound of my voice! Don’t be shy! | 这边走 听我的指示 别害羞 |
[1:44:14] | Plenty of time before the big show starts in the big top! | 主帐篷里表演开始前还有段时间 |
[1:44:17] | Jacob. It’s okay. I don’t have much time. | 雅各 没事的 我没多少时间了 |
[1:44:21] | Where’s Walter? Where’s Walter and Camel? | 沃特呢 老骆呢 |
[1:44:23] | When we jumped the train last night, August went crazy. | 我们昨天逃火车 奥古斯特就疯了 |
[1:44:26] | He had Blackie red-lighting men all night. | 他让布莱切整晚惩罚罪人 |
[1:44:29] | Wade and Grady hit soft ground, | 韦德和格雷迪落的地方比较软 |
[1:44:31] | and they found Walter and Camel. | 后来他们找到沃特和老骆 |
[1:44:33] | They had hit the rocks. | 沃特和老骆撞到了石头 |
[1:44:37] | They didn’t make it. | 没撑下来 |
[1:44:42] | Wade and Grady are gonna take August down. | 韦德和格雷迪要扳倒奥古斯特 |
[1:44:44] | I don’t know how, but you have to get out of here. | 我不知道怎么去做 但是你得从这里出去 |
[1:44:47] | I’ll stay hidden until the matinee starts. | 我要在这藏到日场开始 |
[1:44:50] | Then I’ll make my way to town. | 然后我会想办法去城里 |
[1:44:51] | There’s got to be a church or something. | 应该有个教堂什么的 |
[1:44:53] | There is. | 是的 |
[1:44:56] | You do the Spec, but when the show starts, come and meet me. | 你小心点 演出一开始就来找我 |
[1:45:00] | August won’t know you’re gone | 奥古斯特在第二场演出开始前 |
[1:45:02] | until the second act. | 不会发现你不见了 |
[1:45:02] | – So we’ll get a head start. – I have to go. | -所以我们要演开场 -我得走了 |
[1:45:05] | Marlena, just promise me you’ll come. | 玛琳娜 发誓 你会来 |
[1:45:09] | Or I’ll come back for you. I swear it. | 不然我就回来找你 我发誓 |
[1:45:13] | I’ll be there. | 我会去的 |
[1:45:22] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:45:23] | Ladies and gentlemen, and children of all ages, | 女士们先生们 各位小朋友们 |
[1:45:26] | welcome the stars | 欢迎明星们为您带来 |
[1:45:29] | of the Benzini Brothers Most Spectacular Show on Earth! | 班齐尼兄弟最特别的演出 |
[1:46:25] | Something’s wrong. | 出什么问题了 |
[1:46:26] | Everybody to the big top! Come on. | 都到大帐篷去 |
[1:46:31] | Where’s it coming from? | 它哪来的 |
[1:46:33] | Barbara, take Queenie! | 芭芭拉 看着奎妮 |
[1:46:38] | The cats are loose! | 他们都跑了 |
[1:46:42] | Get them! | 抓住它们 |
[1:47:10] | Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[1:47:13] | Move! Move! No! | 让开让开 不 |
[1:47:29] | Marlena! | 玛琳娜 |
[1:47:34] | Marlena! | 玛琳娜 |
[1:48:21] | Marlena! | 玛琳娜 |
[1:48:29] | Marlena! | 玛琳娜 |
[1:48:47] | Rosie… | 萝茜 |
[1:48:56] | Rosie! | 萝茜 |
[1:49:54] | The official report said August had been trampled to death. | 官方报导说奥古斯特已经死了 |
[1:49:57] | Blackie was never seen again | 自从韦德和格雷迪把布莱切拉出帐篷后 |
[1:49:59] | after Wade and Grady dragged him out of that tent. | 没有人再看见过他 |
[1:50:01] | And no one was charged | 对于动物潜逃 |
[1:50:02] | with letting the animals out of those cages. | 无人被捕 |
[1:50:04] | To the police, it could have been anyone. | 对警察来说 罪犯身份不明 下落不明 |
[1:50:17] | Benzini Brothers was officially belly up, | 班齐尼兄弟彻底完蛋了 |
[1:50:19] | property of Altoona, Pennsylvania. | 宾夕法尼亚阿尔图纳的财产 |
[1:50:22] | Shows on the road would get the scent soon enough | 巡回的表演说没就没了 |
[1:50:24] | and come to pick off our bones. | 一切都流离失所 |
[1:50:26] | I wouldn’t leave Rosie to that. | 我不会留萝茜在这受苦 |
[1:50:29] | I wasn’t gonna let anybody touch her with that hook again. | 我不会让任何人用钩子碰她 |
[1:50:32] | So like I planned, I took my finals. | 就像我计划的 我要去参加毕业考试 |
[1:50:35] | And with my degree, our animals, | 等我拿到学位证 我们的动物 |
[1:50:37] | and Marlena ‘s act, | 还有玛琳娜的演出 |
[1:50:38] | Ringling got themselves a sweet deal. | 林林遇到我们俩 算是签到了走运的一笔 |
[1:50:40] | A sweet deal. | 走运的一笔 |
[1:50:43] | Our first son was born that season. Walter. | 我们第一个儿子那时候出生 沃特 |
[1:50:48] | He spent the first seven years of | 他在林林马戏团度过了他 |
[1:50:49] | his life with Ringling. | 生命中的第一个七年 |
[1:50:50] | That’s why I cannot | 这就是为什么我不明白 |
[1:50:52] | understand how he could forget to show up today. | 他为什么今天忘记要来 |
[1:50:57] | There was a circus in town! | 镇上有个马戏团 |
[1:51:00] | By the time our third son came, | 我们第三个儿子出生的时候 |
[1:51:02] | we’d had enough. Rosie was tired. | 我们就够了 萝茜累了 |
[1:51:05] | Luckily, the vet at the | 幸运的是 那个时候 |
[1:51:06] | Albany Zoo dropped dead, | 阿尔巴尼动物园的驯兽师死了 |
[1:51:08] | so I got the job. | 所以我得到了那份工作 |
[1:51:10] | We bought some property so we could keep the horses, | 我们置了地产 让我们能养马 |
[1:51:12] | Rosie, | 养萝茜 |
[1:51:14] | and then five kids. | 还有五个孩子 |
[1:51:17] | Oh, before you know it, | 但是 在你明白之前 |
[1:51:18] | the kids are borrowing the car and moving out. | 孩子们就借了车子 搬了出去 |
[1:51:20] | So then it was just Rosie and us. | 然后就剩我们和萝茜 |
[1:51:28] | When Rosie passed on, | 萝茜死了之后 |
[1:51:31] | Marlena cried for days. | 玛琳娜哭了很多天 |
[1:51:36] | We owed Rosie our whole lives. | 我们欠萝茜的 |
[1:51:40] | And Marlena? | 玛琳娜呢 |
[1:51:45] | My Marlena died in her bed. | 我的玛琳娜死在她的床上 |
[1:51:51] | Still beautiful, though. | 仍然漂亮 |
[1:52:03] | We had a lot of years, though. | 我们共度了很多年 |
[1:52:06] | I don’t know how I did it, | 我不知道我怎样做到的 |
[1:52:08] | but I managed to give her everything I promised. | 但是我做到了给她我承诺的一切 |
[1:52:11] | And, boy, that was the life! | 孩子 这就是生活 |
[1:52:14] | Boy, I’m telling you! | 孩子 这就是一切 |
[1:52:22] | Are you hiring me? | 你雇佣我吗 |
[1:52:26] | I don’t know. What about your health? | 不知道 你身体怎样 |
[1:52:29] | There’s nothing wrong with me. I’m just old. | 好得很 就是老了 |
[1:52:32] | Work is the best thing for age. | 工作是延缓衰老最好方式 |
[1:52:35] | A man like me ought to be working the ticket wicket, | 像我这样的人就应该做检票工作 |
[1:52:37] | not some kid ringed up like a sideshow act. | 不像孩子们围起来像个穿插表演 |
[1:52:41] | And if you don’t think I’m | 如果你觉得我没那个能力 |
[1:52:43] | carrying my weight, you can call the home. | 就给老年之家打电话 |
[1:52:46] | I won’t argue. | 我不会再说什么 |
[1:52:49] | You won’t be sorry. | 别担心 |
[1:52:53] | Yeah, we’ll get you in the record books. | 是的 我们会把你记录在册 |
[1:52:54] | “Oldest man that ever ran away with the circus.” | 从马戏团逃跑的最大年龄者 |
[1:52:59] | I’m not running away. | 我不是逃走 |
[1:53:03] | I’m coming home. | 我是回家 |