英文名称:Hereafter
年代:2010
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:45] | Come on, get up. | 快点 起床啦 |
[00:48] | You need to buy gifts for your kids before we leave. | 我们走之前得给你家娃娃们买点礼物 |
[00:51] | I’ll pick up something at the airport. | 那就在机场随便买点呗 |
[00:53] | No way. | 不行 |
[00:55] | Airport gifts suck. | 机场的礼物都是狗屁 |
[00:56] | Marie, please let me sleep another half hour. | 玛丽 让我再睡半个小时 |
[01:00] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[01:03] | If you won’t buy the gifts for your kids, I will. | 你不给你家孩子们买 我去买 |
[01:07] | Can you ask the front desk to prepare the bill | 你能让前台准备好账单 |
[01:11] | and have some breakfast sent up? | 还有再送些早点上来吗 |
[01:13] | You know what? The posters are up, all over paris. | 知道吗 现在全巴黎到处是我的海报 |
[01:17] | Apparently, you can’t miss them. | 显然 你不能错过它们 [法语] |
[01:32] | How many have you seen? | 你看了多少了 |
[01:34] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[01:36] | Good morning. Could you prepare the bill for 321? | 早上好 能为321房间准备好账单吗 |
[01:39] | -Sure. -And could you send up some breakfast, | -当然 -还有能送些早点 |
[01:41] | coffee and fruit? | 送些咖啡和水果上去吗 |
[01:43] | -Okay, I’ll call room service. -Thank you. | -好的 我会告诉客房服务部 -谢谢 |
[01:45] | They said there would be 120 across paris. | 他们说整个巴黎贴了120张 |
[01:48] | Can you sum up the headlines for me? I won’t have time to go online. | 你能帮我总结一下标题吗 我没时间上网 |
[01:54] | That’s good. | 太好了 |
[01:58] | Big kisses, bye-bye. | 大吻一个 拜拜 |
[02:27] | Hello. | 你好 |
[02:34] | Oh, I like this one. You have more like this? | 我喜欢这个 像这样的还有吗 |
[02:37] | Yes? | 哪样的 |
[02:45] | Yes. Take this one. Yes. | 好 就要这个 好的 |
[02:52] | -How much? -One dollar. | -多少钱 -1美元 |
[03:58] | Come on, come on, come on. | 过来 过来 快过来 |
[04:28] | Give me your hand! Give me. | 把手绐我 给我 |
[04:39] | Give me your hand! | 把手给我 |
[05:20] | Can you reach me? Take my hand. | 够得着我吗 抓住我的手 |
[07:13] | -All right, hold on. -She’s not breathing. | -好了 等等 -她没呼吸了 |
[07:22] | Think she’s gone, dude. | 估计她死了 伙计 |
[07:27] | -Get back, get back! -Everybody get off the boat! | -回来 快回来 -所有人都下船 |
[08:04] | Come on. | 过来 |
[08:07] | Roll her over on her side. | 把她翻过去 |
[08:10] | -Breathe, breathe. -Vomit it out. Good, vomit. | -呼吸 呼吸 -吐出来 好的 吐出来 |
[08:15] | Turn her back around. | 把她翻过来背朝下 |
[08:18] | -Are you okay? You okay? -Yeah. | -你还好吗 没事吧 -是的 |
[08:20] | -You’re okay. -We got you. | -你没事了 -我们找到了你 |
[08:25] | Slow. Slow down. | 慢点 缓一缓 |
[09:04] | Marie. | 玛丽 |
[09:31] | Come in and have a seat. I’ll go talk to my brother, okay? | 进来 找个地方坐下来 我去和我弟弟说一声 好吗 |
[09:34] | -No, I’m okay. -Okay. Sit, sit, sit. | -好 没事 -好的 坐下吧 坐 坐 |
[09:40] | How could you do this to me? | 你怎么又带人来了 |
[09:42] | -What? -You know, I don’t do this anymore. | -什么 -你知道的 我不干这个了 |
[09:44] | Just one time. This guy’s a real important client of mine. I need this. Come on. | 就这一次 我需要他帮帮忙 |
[09:49] | -This is it. -I know. | -就这一次 -知道了 |
[09:50] | -This is it. -I know. | -就这一次 -知道了 |
[09:55] | Okay. Mr? | 好的 怎么称呼 |
[09:58] | Andreou. Christos. | 安德鲁·奎斯托 |
[10:00] | Christos. Okay. | 奎斯托 好 |
[10:02] | I’m gonna hold your hands just until I get a connection, and then | 在我获得感应之前 我会握着你的双手 然后 |
[10:06] | just for the purposes of the reading, confine your answers to yes or no. | 只是以通灵为目的 你只需回答”是”或者”不是” |
[10:10] | Give me your hands? | 把手给我 |
[10:33] | A woman close to you has passed? | 一个你亲近的女人去世了 |
[10:36] | Yes. | 是 |
[10:39] | -In her middle age? Was she in her fifties? -Yes. | -中年 50多岁 -是的 |
[10:43] | Was this woman your wife? | 这女人是你的妻子 |
[10:45] | Yes. | 是 |
[10:48] | And I’m picking up you were together for a long time. | 我得知你们共同生活了好长时间 |
[10:51] | Yep. | 是 |
[10:53] | -But it wasn’t always easy. -No. | -不过有时关系不太好 -是 |
[10:56] | -Now I’m picking up she was sick. -Yep. | -现在我知道她病了 -是 |
[10:59] | She was sick for a long time. Did she have difficulty moving? | 她病了很长时间 行动不便 |
[11:03] | Yes. | 是 |
[11:04] | Was she bedridden? | 卧床不起 |
[11:07] | Yes. She had multiple sclerosis. | 是 她得了多发性硬化病 |
[11:12] | I’m sorry. | 真遗憾 |
[11:16] | She wants to apologize to you for ruining the marriage. | 她为毁掉了婚姻向你道歉 |
[11:22] | That’s not true. | 那可不是真的 |
[11:26] | She feels bad that you had to care for her, even as a young man, | 她为你不得不照顾她而内疚 甚至在你还是大小伙子的时候 |
[11:31] | and wishes that you’d find someone now, before it’s too late. | 希望你趁着还不算晚再找个人 |
[11:37] | Because you’re not getting any younger. | 因为你不再年轻了 |
[11:42] | Or slimmer. | 也不苗条了 |
[11:45] | No. | 是啊 |
[11:47] | She’s got quite a sense of humor. | 她很幽默啊 |
[11:49] | -Yeah. -She’s really funny. | -是的 -她很有趣 |
[11:52] | Okay, wait. Now she’s telling me to pay attention. | 好了 等等 现在她要我精力集中 |
[11:56] | Okay, she has something important she needs to say. | 好的 她有些重要的事要说 |
[12:04] | Okay, she’s trying to give me some kind of a date. June. | 好 她好像在试着告诉我一个日期 6月 |
[12:10] | In June? | 6月里 |
[12:13] | Did that mean anything to you? | 6月对你有什么意义吗 |
[12:17] | -No. -Is that when you were married? June? | -没有 -你们在那时候结的婚 6月 |
[12:20] | -Is that when she passed? -No. | -她在那时候去世的 -不是 |
[12:22] | I mean, she’s being very specific about June. | 我的意思是 6月对她很特别 |
[12:26] | Yeah, June. | 是的 6月 |
[12:31] | Well, maybe I’m wrong. That happens. | 好吧 也许我错了 常有的事 |
[12:41] | I don’t even do this anymore. | 我不再干这行了 |
[12:47] | Guess I’m rusty. | 估计我脑子不灵了 |
[12:52] | Thank you. I can’t thank you enough. | 谢谢 不知道如何感谢你才好 |
[12:56] | -Thanks, baby brother. -Okay. | -多谢 老弟 -好的 |
[12:59] | I owe you. | 我欠你的 |
[13:04] | That was incredible. | 真是难以置信 |
[13:05] | Your brother, I’m telling you, he’s for real. | 你的弟弟啊 我告诉你 他神了 |
[13:08] | -I know. -No, no, no. He’s really for real. | -我知道 -不 不 不 他真是神了 |
[13:13] | I gotta tell you I was skeptical before I came. All this psychic shit is | 我想告诉你 来之前我很怀疑 所有的通灵者都他妈的是 |
[13:16] | mumbo-fucking-jumbo as far as I’m concerned. | 至少我认为是瞎他妈扯蛋 |
[13:18] | He was telling me things I’d never told anybody. | 他刚才和我说的事 我从来没和别人说过 |
[13:21] | -He could make money. -He did. Good money. | -他可以挣钱的 -他挣了 挣得不少呢 |
[13:23] | Had an office, website, newspaper articles, even had a book written about him. | 有办公室 网站 报刊文章 甚至还有专门写他的书 |
[13:28] | Yeah? So, what happened? | 是吗 那这是怎么了 |
[13:30] | Couldn’t cope. Turned his back on the whole thing. | 应付不了了 全身而退 |
[13:32] | He told me, he said, “A life that’s all about death is no life at all.” | 他告诉过我 他说”充满死亡的生活根本就不是真正的生活” |
[13:39] | He works at a factory and makes 2 grand a month. He says he’s happy. | 现在他在一家工厂干活 月薪2000美元 他说现在很快乐 |
[13:42] | Who knows? He wasn’t gonna do this again. | 谁知道呢 他不想再干这行了 |
[13:44] | I had to persuade him to make an exception. | 我必须让他破一次例 |
[13:47] | Well, I appreciate it, man. I mean, this was. | 非常感谢 伙计 我的意思是 这是 |
[13:51] | I owe you. All right, I’ll talk to you Monday about that thing? | 我欠你的 好了 我周一和你谈那件事 |
[13:54] | Yeah. Great, Christos, thanks. | 好啊 不错 奎斯托 谢谢 |
[13:56] | What was with June, if you don’t mind me asking? | 不介意的话 6月怎么了 |
[14:07] | June Menendez was my wife’s nurse. | 朱恩·梅嫩德斯是我妻子的护理员 |
[14:10] | Took care of her for 15 years. | 照顾了她15年 |
[14:15] | For 10 of those years, I was in love with her. | 这其中的10年 我爱着她 |
[14:18] | And I felt so guilty, I couldn’t tell anybody. | 我感到很愧疚 所以我不能告诉任何人 |
[14:21] | Least of all June herself. | 除了朱恩自己 |
[14:24] | Right. | 知道了 |
[14:28] | All right, I’ll see you. | 好了 再见 |
[14:46] | We might have gone about half a mile | 我们可能走了半英里 |
[14:48] | and my pocket handkerchief was quite wet through | 我口袋里的手帕都湿了 |
[14:51] | when looking out, to my amazement, I saw Peggotty burst from a hedge. | 我看见佩戈蒂从篱笆里冲出来 |
[14:56] | She jumped up into the carriage. Not a single word did she speak. | 她跳进车 没说一句话 |
[15:01] | She squeezed me until the pressure on my nose was extremely painful, | 她一直挤 直到压疼了我的鼻子 |
[15:05] | crammed some pieces of cake into my pockets, | 把几块蛋糕放在我的口袋里 |
[15:08] | and a purse, which she put into my hand. | 还往我手里放了一个钱包 |
[15:11] | Then she got down and ran away. | 然后她跳下车跑了 |
[15:14] | Presently, I noticed one of her buttons rolling around on the floor. | 当时 我发现她的扣子滚落到了地上 |
[15:19] | I picked it up and treasured it as a keepsake for a long time. | 我把它捡起来 珍藏了好长时间 |
[15:35] | Okay, you two. Yeah. | 好了 你们俩 不错 |
[15:37] | Oh, lovely. Come on, you guys. Which one of you two is the oldest? | 很可爱 再来 小家伙 你们谁是老大 |
[15:41] | -Twelve minutes. -Really? Do you know, I think I could tell. | -大12分钟 -真的吗 你们知道吗 我想我知道了 |
[15:46] | -And you’re Marcus? -No, he’s Marcus. | -你是马克斯吗 -不 他是马克斯 |
[15:48] | -Right. -The quiet one. | -对了 -不爱说话的家伙 |
[15:51] | -I was gonna say the handsome one. -I’m Jason. | -我想说那个长的帅的 -我是杰森 |
[15:54] | Jason, yeah, all right. The oldest. The chatterbox. | 杰森 好 不错 老大 一个话匣子 |
[15:59] | The smartass. | 讽刺你啊 |
[16:02] | Lovely. Think we’re done. | 太可爱了 结束了 |
[16:07] | Okey-dokey. What did you guys do, rob a phone box? | 好的 你们做什么了 去抢投币电话了 |
[16:11] | -Thank you. -Go on. | -谢谢 -走吧 |
[16:13] | -Bye. -Cheers, bye-bye. | -拜拜 -开心点 拜拜 |
[16:27] | -What’s the matter? -I don’t understand it. Can I copy yours? | -怎么了 -这个我不会 能抄抄你的吗 |
[16:31] | -No. -Please. It has to be in tomorrow. | -不行 -拜托 明天就得交呢 |
[16:34] | Tough bananas. | 真糟糕 |
[18:32] | She can see it in the morning. | 明早她就能看到了 |
[18:35] | Good night, Jase. | 晚安 杰森 |
[18:37] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[18:53] | Shit. | 糟了 |
[18:57] | Jackie? Are you in there? | 洁姬 你在家吗 |
[19:00] | Come on, open up. | 快点 开门 |
[19:03] | Come on, wake up. | 快点 醒醒 |
[19:04] | Open up, please! | 请开门 |
[19:07] | Boys, it’s no use. We know you’re covering for her. | 孩子们 没用的 我们知道你们在藏她 |
[19:10] | Wake her up. Make her look better. Social Services. | 把她叫醒 让她的脸色好看点 社会服务部门的工作人员 |
[19:13] | Mom! Mom, wake up! | 妈妈 妈妈 醒醒 |
[19:22] | Jackie, you in there? | 洁姬 你在吗 |
[19:23] | She’s not here. She’s gone to the shops. | 她不在 她去商店了 |
[19:26] | Mom, come on! | 妈妈 快点 |
[19:27] | We’re gonna wait. | 我们等着 |
[19:37] | Boys, it’s no use. We know you’re covering for her. | 孩子们 没用的 我们知道你们在把她藏起来 |
[19:40] | Come on, Mom. Get up, please! | 快点 妈妈 起来 求你了 |
[19:43] | Come on. You’re wasting our time. | 快点 你们在浪费我们的时间 |
[19:45] | If she’s not here in five minutes, | 如果她5分钟不出现 |
[19:47] | we’ll call the police Child protective Unit. | 我们要向儿童保护单位报警了啊 |
[19:49] | Come on. Open up. | 快点 开门 |
[19:56] | He means that! Five minutes! | 他说了 5分钟 |
[20:10] | Thanks. I’ve got it. | 谢谢 我知道了 |
[20:13] | Jason, open the door. | 杰森 开门 |
[20:16] | You can come in and wait for her if you want. | 如果你们愿意 可以进来等等她 |
[20:31] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[20:33] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:41] | Hope she won’t be much longer. | 希望她不会去太久 |
[20:53] | I’m home! | 我回来啦 |
[20:55] | Hello. I didn’t know you were gonna be here. | 你好 我不知道你们会在这 |
[21:02] | I completely forgot you were gonna be here. | 我都忘了你们要来了 |
[21:05] | Jason, go put the kettle on. | 杰森 去把茶壶放在炉子上 |
[21:07] | Marcus, go and get a plate. Let’s get these biscuits out. | 马克斯 拿个盘子来 把这些饼干拿出来 |
[21:11] | -Have you been here long? -A while. | -来了很久了 -刚一会儿 |
[21:13] | Sorry. | 非常抱歉 |
[21:15] | It’s all right, Jackie. Why don’t you sit down? | 好了 洁姬 你怎么不坐下来 |
[21:21] | You know what I’m thinking? | 你知道我在想什么吗 |
[21:22] | I’m thinking that is the best present in the whole wide world. | 我在想这是全世界最好的礼物了 |
[21:28] | Absolutely love it. Thank you. | 喜欢极了 谢谢 |
[21:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:32] | My boys. | 我的孩子们 |
[21:34] | -Marcus, will you do something? -Yeah. | -马克斯 你能做点事吗 -可以 |
[21:37] | -Get the red box in the cupboard. -Yes, Mom. | -把碗柜里的红盒子拿来 -好的 妈妈 |
[21:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:44] | Now, I want you to go down to the chemist. | 现在 我想让你去药剂师那 |
[21:49] | Give this to the nice man. Then he’ll know what to do, okay? | 把这东西给那个好心男人 然后他知道要做什么 行吗 |
[21:53] | -Yes, Mom. -Thank you, baby. | -好的 妈妈 -谢谢你 宝贝 |
[21:56] | -I’ll do it. -Why? | -我去吧 -为什么 |
[21:58] | Marcus hasn’t done his homework yet. | 马克斯还没做完作业呢 |
[22:00] | -Go on, then. -Call me on this and I’ll talk you through it. | -那你去吧 -给我打电话 我们用它聊 |
[22:04] | Yeah, but not long, okay? I haven’t got any credit. | 好的 不要太久啊 知道了吗 我没有信誉 |
[22:08] | Take care, Jason, okay? | 注意安全 杰森 好吗 |
[22:09] | -I will. -I’ll see you later. | -我会的 -一会儿见 |
[22:13] | And why haven’t you done your homework? | 还有你为什么没做完作业 |
[22:16] | Come here, you. | 你 过来 |
[22:18] | Look at your silly little face. An angel. | 看看你那小傻脸 小天使 |
[22:26] | Okay. It’s okay. Forget about your homework. You can copy mine. | 好吧 没事 别想你的家庭作业了 你可以抄我的 |
[22:30] | I want you to look up naltrexone and hydrochloride. | 帮我查一下环丙甲羟二羟吗啡酮和氢氯化物 |
[22:33] | Okay. Hang on a minute. | 好 等等 |
[22:40] | Found it. I think this is it. | 找到了 应该是这个 |
[22:42] | Naltrexone blocks the effects of heroin and of opiates. | 环丙甲羟二羟吗啡酮能抑制海洛因和鸦片制剂所产生的效果 |
[22:46] | Detoxification can last between a week and a month. | 排毒效果可以持续一周至一个月 |
[22:49] | Does that mean she’s stopping? | 是不是说明她在戒毒 |
[22:52] | Yeah, I think that’s exactly what it means. | 对 我想应该是这样 |
[23:01] | This is great. She’s never done this before up till now. It’s just been promises. | 太好了 她以前没试过戒毒 都只是口头承诺 |
[23:06] | -Yeah, I knew it was just a matter of time. -There you are. | -是的 我知道只是时间的问题 -给你 |
[23:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:10] | Just think. It’d be like living in a normal family for once. | 想想吧 又能过上正常的生活了 |
[23:30] | That kid’s got a mobile. | 那个小孩拿着手机 |
[23:35] | Hey, little one. | 小朋友 |
[23:37] | Hey, come here, lad. | 到这里来 小老弟 |
[23:41] | Leave me alone! | 离我远点 |
[23:45] | Give me your phone, mate. | 把你的手机给我 伙计 |
[23:48] | Give me that back! | 还给我 |
[23:55] | Jase? | 贾斯 |
[23:58] | What do you got pills for? You’re a little freak. | 你拿着那些药片干什么 你个小怪胎 |
[24:03] | Get your phone, brother. Get your phone. | 来拿手机啊 哥们 来拿你的手机 |
[24:05] | -Grab him! -Wait a minute, little prick! | -抓住他 -等一下 小刺头 |
[24:08] | -Come here! -Little prick! | -回来 -小刺头 |
[24:11] | Come on, little prick! | 给我回来 小刺头 |
[24:12] | Come on, you little dickhead, where you going? | 过来 你个小傻帽 你要去哪 |
[24:26] | Jase? | 贾斯 |
[24:32] | Marcus! | 马克斯 |
[25:01] | Jason? | 杰森 |
[25:03] | Jason? | 杰森 |
[25:04] | Please, Jason. | 醒醒 杰森 |
[25:06] | Jason, come on. I need you. | 杰森 拜托 我需要你 |
[25:09] | Please. | 求你了 |
[25:11] | -Come on. -Come on. | -醒醒 -醒醒 |
[25:13] | Jason! | 杰森 |
[25:15] | Jason, come on. Please, Jase. | 杰森 醒醒 求求你 贾斯 |
[25:18] | Jase. | 贾斯 |
[25:56] | I feel bad. I should’ve stayed on to cover the story. | 我感觉很糟 我本应该留下来报道这件事 |
[25:59] | After what happened to you? | 在那些发生之后 |
[26:02] | They’ve sent a crew from the Hong Kong office. | 他们从香港政府部门派了一队人过去 |
[26:05] | I’ve never done that | 我从来都没做过 |
[26:07] | run away from such a story. | 从这种事中逃跑 |
[27:02] | -You okay? -Yeah. | -你还好吗 -是的 |
[27:04] | -Should I come up? -No, I’ll be fine. | -要我上去陪你吗 -不用了 我会没事的 |
[27:06] | I almost forgot | 我差点都忘了 |
[27:08] | the gifts for your kids. | 给你的孩子们的礼物 |
[27:11] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[27:48] | The estimated figures are at several billion dollars. | 损失估计应该达到几百亿美元 |
[27:51] | But of course, we’re going to talk about the survivors, | 那是当然 我们还会采访生还者 |
[27:54] | because we hope there are survivors | 因为我们也希望能有人幸存 |
[27:56] | The number of victims is estimated at several hundred thousand. | 遇难者数量大概有几十万人 |
[28:02] | It is a horrific scene here, as this tsunami | 这真是可怕的景象 这场海啸 |
[28:07] | has devastated the population. | 削减了大量的人口 |
[28:33] | Good evening, everyone. | 晚上好 各位 |
[29:02] | Marie, can you hear me? | 玛丽 你能听见我吗 |
[29:07] | Everybody, break a leg. Ready and on the air in. | 各位 祝你们好运 准备广播 |
[29:10] | Five, four, | 五 四 |
[29:12] | three, two, | 三 二 |
[29:14] | and cue, Miss Lelay. | 开始 勒莱小姐 |
[29:15] | Good evening, and welcome to a new edition | 晚上好 欢迎来到新一期的 |
[29:19] | of Window on Events. | 《事件观察》 |
[29:21] | Tonight, our guest is Guillaume Belcher, | 今晚 我们的嘉宾是纪尧姆·贝尔彻 |
[29:24] | CEO of famous clothing manufacturer Soucil. | 著名的服装制造公司-索思雅的首席执行官 |
[29:28] | We’re going to present to you a shocking investigation | 今晚我们将会给你呈现出一场震撼人心的采访 |
[29:32] | on child labor in their factories in Southeast Asia. | 是有关于他们在东南亚的工厂中雇佣童工的事情 |
[29:37] | Cyril Guignard reporting. | 西里尔-吉格纳德正在为您报道 |
[29:40] | Here in the West, it’s easy to criticize Third World labor practices. | 在我们西方 我们可以轻易批评第三世界的工作条件 |
[29:47] | But the truth is, | 但事实是 |
[29:50] | these factories | 这些工厂 |
[29:51] | play a vital role in industrial development | 在工业生产中和带动贫困国家经济上 |
[29:55] | and evolution of poorer countries. | 起着至关重要的作用 |
[29:59] | And let’s be clear about this, the wages we are paying | 让我们来弄清事实 我们所给予的工资 |
[30:03] | are substantially higher than local wages. | 是绝对要高于当地工资标准的 |
[30:06] | Marie, go at him! | 玛丽 反驳他 |
[30:20] | Marie, do you hear me? | 玛丽 能听见我吗 |
[30:22] | Pull this guy apart! | 批判他 |
[30:24] | You hear me, get him! | 听见了吗 将死他 |
[30:29] | But will this kind of justification satisfy French customers, | 但这貌似正当的理由会让法国消费者们满意吗 |
[30:36] | Mr. Belcher? | 贝尔彻先生 |
[30:37] | If they were aware of the conditions under which the clothes are produced, | 假如他们意识到衣服是在什么条件下制作出来的话 |
[30:41] | do you think you would still be profitable? | 你认为他们还会盈利吗 |
[30:45] | Go there and you’ll see how much these people need us. | 去看看 你就会知道有多少人需要我们了 |
[30:53] | Thank you for watching. | 谢谢观看 |
[30:55] | That’s all for now, see you next week. | 今天就报道到这里 下周再见 |
[31:04] | I’m sorry, that was unforgivable. | 抱歉 那真是不可饶恕 |
[31:07] | We’ll fix it in the edit. No one will notice. | 我们会重新剪辑 没人会注意到 |
[31:10] | And it was my fault. | 是我的错 |
[31:11] | A defensive CEO was a tough start for the new season. | 访谈一位警觉性极高的首席执行官是一个艰难的开端 |
[31:15] | -Do you want to get something to eat? -No. | -你想吃点什么吗 -不用了 |
[31:18] | -Really? -Yeah. | -真的 -是的 |
[31:22] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 那明天见 |
[31:31] | I think something happened to me out there. | 我感觉我身上发生了什么事 |
[31:34] | You had a close call. | 你大难不死 |
[31:35] | No, something really happened to me. | 不是 我觉得真的有点不对劲 |
[31:38] | When I went underwater, | 当我溺水的时候 |
[31:42] | I had visions. | 我看到了一些影像 |
[31:47] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[31:49] | You had a concussion. You hit your head. | 你得了脑震荡 头部受到撞击 |
[31:56] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[32:11] | Two right-wing newspapers claim Sikhs were out in the streets, | 两家右派报纸报道了印度锡克教徒在街上游行 |
[32:15] | burning cars, looting shops. | 焚烧车辆 抢劫商店 |
[32:19] | Others say the unrest was triggered by elements within the nationalist parties | 还有人说骚乱是由民主党派暗地里策划的 |
[32:24] | to cast negative suspicion on racial minorities. | 用来加剧对少数民族的仇视 |
[32:27] | What do you think about the story on the Sikhs? | 对于印度锡克教徒这件事 你们怎么看 |
[32:29] | What? | 什么 |
[32:31] | The story on the Sikhs, what do you think? | 关于印度锡克教徒的事 你怎么看 |
[32:33] | It’s very good. | 那很好 |
[32:37] | Listen, I’ve got to work late and finish some things. | 听着 我得熬夜来完成工作了 |
[32:41] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[32:47] | Can I say something, | 我能说一句吗 |
[32:51] | you might find difficult to hear? | 也许话有点难听 |
[32:54] | I think you came back to work too soon. | 我认为你回来工作有点早了 |
[32:57] | physically, you’re fine. But since the accident. | 生理上 你没有问题 但自从那次意外发生之后 |
[33:02] | Take some time off to get over what happened. | 休息一段时间恢复一下 忘掉那次意外 |
[33:05] | Just a couple of weeks. | 休息几周 |
[33:07] | To “get over”? | “熬过去” |
[33:09] | You’ve always said you wanted to write. | 你总说你想写点什么 |
[33:11] | Your book idea, Michel would jump on it and pay good money. | 你书的构思 米歇尔会为之欢呼雀跃 会给你个好价钱 |
[33:15] | But that would take time. | 但那会花费很多时间 |
[33:19] | This will all be here waiting for you. | 这里的职位会一直为你留着 |
[33:23] | What matters is that you feel better. | 重要的是你得好起来 |
[33:25] | We need you too much. | 我们十分需要你 |
[33:29] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑的 |
[34:08] | You see that meeting going on? On the first floor? | 你看到今天开的那个会了吗 在一楼 |
[34:10] | -The head office guys and the union? -No, no, I didn’t. | -总部和工会的家伙们 -不 不 没看见 |
[34:14] | Yeah, well, they were in there all afternoon. | 这样的 他们都呆在那里一下午了 |
[34:16] | Kind of makes you think the rumors are true, huh? | 开始有点让你相信那些流言了 对吧 |
[34:19] | What rumor? | 什么流言 |
[34:22] | That they’re gonna let 30 percent of the workforce go. You heard that, right? | 他们会裁掉30%的员工 你听说过的 对吧 |
[34:27] | Yeah, right. Right. | 是的 对 对 |
[34:29] | What’s the matter with you today? | 你今天怎么了 |
[34:31] | No, I just didn’t get a lot of sleep last night. | 没事 只是昨晚睡眠不足 |
[34:35] | Well, see you tomorrow, all right? | 好吧 明天见 好吗 |
[34:37] | -Yeah, yeah. I’ll see you. -Yeah. | -好 回见 -好 |
[35:02] | Down the end of the hall, on your left. Hi there. | 大厅直走左拐 就是那 |
[35:15] | Welcome, all of you, to this 10-week course in Italian cuisine. | 欢迎大家来到为期十周的意大利烹饪培训课程 |
[35:18] | My name is Carlo. Some of you know me already. | 我是卡罗尔 当然你们中的一些人已经认识我 |
[35:21] | You’ve done some of my other courses. | 你们上过我的一些课程 |
[35:23] | Those of you that don’t, buonasera, and you can call me “Chef.” | 有些人没上过 晚上好 你们可以叫我”大厨” |
[35:28] | We’ll be working in pairs throughout the course, | 我们将会分组完成课程 |
[35:31] | so one of the first things I want to do today is to pair you all up. | 所以今天我想先做的一件事情就是把你们分好组 |
[35:36] | All right? Don’t be shy. Grab a partner. | 好吗 别害羞 挑个同伴 |
[35:38] | I see some of you have come in twos already. | 我看见你们当中已经有人组好了队 |
[35:40] | Others have worked together before. | 还有些人以前一起合作过 |
[35:44] | Okay. Now who’s left? | 好 现在还剩下谁 |
[35:45] | Excuse me. God. I’m sorry. | 打扰一下 天啊 抱歉 |
[35:49] | I’m so sorry I’m late. | 很抱歉我来晚了 |
[35:51] | The roads were closed for some reason, | 不知为什么道路封闭了 |
[35:53] | plus this jerk in registration took an age processing my application. | 而且注册的那个混蛋花了很长时间才处理完我的申请 |
[35:58] | Am I too late? | 我是不是来得太晚了 |
[36:00] | No. No, no. Not at all. What is your name? | 不 不 不 一点都不 你叫什么 |
[36:03] | -Melanie. -We were just pairing people off. | -梅拉尼 -我们正在分组 |
[36:05] | Why don’t we put you with. | 你为什么不和 |
[36:08] | -What is your name? -George. | -你叫什么 -乔治 |
[36:10] | Melanie with George. And, Alice, you’re with. | 梅拉尼和乔治一组 还有 爱丽丝 你和 |
[36:13] | Tony. | 汤尼 |
[36:15] | How you doing, Tony? | 你好吗 汤尼 |
[36:17] | -Sorry. -All right. | -抱歉 -好的 |
[36:20] | Now, in exercise class, you warm up with stretches. | 现在 在练习课上 你们自由发挥 |
[36:22] | We’re gonna warm up with a glass of Barbaresco, | 我们将会来一杯巴巴瑞斯可暖暖身子 |
[36:25] | a beautiful wine from the piedmont region in northwestern Italy, | 来自意大利西北部山麓地域的美酒 |
[36:29] | -made from the Nebbiolo grape. -George. | -由内比奥罗的葡萄酿制而成 -乔治 |
[36:34] | Take a sip. | 尝一下 |
[36:42] | And some music. | 再来点音乐 |
[36:47] | Because cooking is all the senses, right? The nose, the eyes, the palate and the ears. | 因为烹饪就是一项感官运动 对吧 嗅觉 视觉 还有听觉 |
[36:53] | And tonight, we’re gonna start at the beginning. | 今晚 我们先从最基础的开始学起 |
[36:56] | The cornerstone of so much of Italian cooking, | 博大精深的意大利厨艺的基础 |
[36:59] | the classic tomato sauce from Toscana. | 就是托斯卡纳经典的番茄沙司 |
[37:02] | And in preparation, we’re gonna need chopped tomatoes, so let’s get chopping. | 做准备工作 我们需要切番茄 那么开始切吧 |
[37:08] | Take your time. Doing all right? Look at these beautiful tomatoes, huh? | 慢慢来 一切就绪 看看这些漂亮的番茄 |
[37:13] | Ah, the music. Is this beautiful? | 音乐 是不是很美妙 |
[37:19] | God, some of them are really good. | 天啊 有些人真的很厉害 |
[37:24] | Is this your first time? | 你第一次做饭吗 |
[37:26] | -Yeah. -Yeah, mine too. | -是的 -我也是 |
[37:29] | I read in the brochure that the course builds to a competition. | 我在册子上看到该课程建立了竞争机制 |
[37:33] | I saw that. To be judged by a local restaurant critic. | 看到了 由当地餐馆评论家来评判 |
[37:38] | Yeah. I don’t think we should get our hopes up. | 是的 我想我们就不用报以希望了 |
[37:42] | Well, we still have 10 weeks. | 我们还有10周的时间呢 |
[37:44] | -Well, that’s true. -And we haven’t cut our fingers off yet. | -对 没错 -而且我们现在还没有切到手 |
[37:49] | That’s a good attitude. | 说得没错 |
[37:56] | Which one of us is using the wrong knife? Am I using the wrong knife? | 我们俩谁用错刀子了 我吗 |
[37:59] | Yeah. You’re using that. | 对 你应该用那个 |
[38:03] | The woman next to me brought her own knife. | 我旁边那个大妈自己带着刀子来的 |
[38:06] | -Really? -Very intimidating. | -是吗 -倍感威胁啊 |
[38:12] | So I’ll see you next week. | 那么下周见 |
[38:14] | Great. Yeah. See you next week. | 好 下周见 |
[38:44] | -George Lonegan? -Yeah. | -乔治·洛里根 -对 |
[38:46] | I hate to bother you. | 不想打扰你的 |
[38:48] | I’m Mr. Andreou’s neighbor. | 我是安德鲁先生的邻居 |
[38:51] | The Greek guy, mid-fifties, who lost his wife. | 希腊人 50来岁 他的妻子死了 |
[38:54] | I believe you recently did a reading for him. | 我知道你最近为他做过通灵 |
[38:57] | -I’m just gonna stop you. -Candace. | -我正想阻止你 -坎迪斯 |
[38:59] | Okay, Candace, I don’t do readings anymore. | 好的 坎迪斯 我再也不通灵了 |
[39:03] | You did one last week for Mr. Andreou. | 你上周为安德鲁先生做了一次 |
[39:05] | He’s an associate of my brother’s. It was a one-time thing. | 他是我哥哥的朋友 那次是特例 |
[39:08] | Please, I give you my word. I won’t tell anyone. | 拜托 我向你保证 我不会告诉别人的 |
[39:11] | -I’m sorry. -Listen, listen, listen. I brought money. | -抱歉 -听着 听着 听着 我带钱过来了 |
[39:15] | -I don’t want your money. -Everything I have. | -我不要你的钱 -要什么都可以 |
[39:17] | I lost my child. | 我失去了我的孩子 |
[39:20] | My only child. Just a baby. | 我唯一的孩子 她还是个婴儿 |
[39:23] | I just wanna talk to her. | 我只想跟她说说话 |
[39:25] | Please, I wanna talk to my baby. | 求你了 我想和我的孩子说话 |
[39:27] | I can’t help you. I don’t do that anymore! | 我帮不了你 我再也不做了 |
[39:30] | -Please! -Mr. Lonegan! I got money! | -拜托 -洛里根先生 我有钱 |
[39:33] | Mr. Lonegan. Please. | 洛里根先生 求求你 |
[39:41] | I wanna talk to my baby. | 我想和我的孩子说话 |
[39:46] | Go, girls! There you go! Kick it! | 上啊 姑娘们 很好 踢 |
[39:50] | So another person came to see me for a reading. | 又有个人来找我通灵 |
[39:53] | Thanks to your friend Mr. Andreou. | 都是你朋友安德鲁干的好事 |
[39:56] | -What? -Yeah. | -什么 -没错 |
[39:58] | Told that Greek jerk to keep his big mouth shut. | 我告诉过那个希腊佬要守口如瓶 |
[40:01] | Go, girls! Kick it back! You gotta kick it back! | 上啊 姑娘们 踢回去 踢回去呀 |
[40:04] | Well, obviously he didn’t. | 很显然他没有 |
[40:06] | I’ll talk with him, make sure nothing like that ever happens again. | 我会跟他说的 确保不会再发生这种事 |
[40:10] | Okay. | 好 |
[40:13] | And? | 后来呢 |
[40:15] | -And what? -Did you do it? | -后来什么 -你帮她了吗 |
[40:18] | -What? -The reading. | -什么 -通灵 |
[40:20] | -Did you do the reading? -You still don’t get it, do you? | -你帮她通灵了吗 -你还是不明白 是吧 |
[40:23] | You think just because I can make money doing this, | 你以为就因为我能靠这个挣钱 |
[40:26] | just because I can that I should do it. | 就因为我会 我就应该做 |
[40:29] | Yeah. Yeah, I do. | 是啊 我真这么想 |
[40:31] | I also think you have a duty to do it, because you have a gift. | 我还觉得你有这个义务 因为你有天分 |
[40:35] | It’s not a gift, Billy. It’s a curse. | 这不是天分 比利 是诅咒 |
[40:38] | You have no idea. It ruins any chance I have at a normal life. | 你完全不懂 它毁掉了我所有能过正常生活的机会 |
[40:43] | Feel like a freak. | 就像个怪物 |
[40:46] | Freak? | 怪物 |
[40:48] | Freak or not, Georgie, it’s who you are. | 不管像不像怪物 乔治 这就是你 |
[40:50] | It’s what you are, you know. You can’t run from that forever. | 这就是你 你不能永远逃避下去 |
[41:12] | To divert his thoughts from this melancholy subject, | 为了让他的思绪离开那哀伤的话题 |
[41:15] | I informed Mr. Micawher that I relied on him for a bowl of punch | 我告诉迈卡赫先生 我需要他帮我做一杯潘趣酒 |
[41:20] | and led him to the lemons. | 并带他找到柠檬 |
[41:22] | His recent despondency, not to say despair, was gone in a moment. | 他近来那消沉的意气 虽说不上是绝望 但也在刹那间消逝了 |
[41:28] | I never saw a man so thoroughly enjoy himself, | 我从没见过一个如此自得其乐的人 |
[41:31] | amid the fragrance of lemon peel and sugar, and the smell of burning rum | 煮沸的朗姆酒的香气里 |
[41:37] | as he stirred and mixed and tasted | 他在搅拌 调酒和品尝的时候 |
[41:39] | and looked as if he were making, instead of punch, | 就仿佛他在做的不是潘趣酒 |
[41:42] | a fortune for his family to last for all posterity. | 而是一份将永传于后世的家族财富 |
[41:59] | Death is not final. It is merely the beginning. | 死亡不是终点 仅仅是个开始 |
[42:03] | Gateway to an afterlife that reflects our conduct here on earth. | 通往映射出我们在这世所为的后世 |
[42:09] | God, in his infinite generosity, has created heaven, | 上帝 以其无上的慷慨 创造了天堂 |
[42:11] | which is where Jason is now, | 如今杰森便在那里 |
[42:13] | surrounded by all the angels and saints, looking down at us. | 看着我们身旁站满了天使和圣徒 |
[42:19] | And so we commit Jason’s body to dust, his soul already in God’s care. | 我们将杰森的遗体归为尘土 他的灵魂将永栖主怀 |
[42:34] | Jason’s ashes will be available at the back, | 杰森的骨灰会从后门送出去 |
[42:37] | but if you wouldn’t mind, I’d like you to leave through the front door. | 但你不介意的话 我希望你从前门出去 |
[42:44] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[42:47] | Please come in. | 请进 |
[42:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:56] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[44:02] | Good night, Jase. | 晚安 贾斯 |
[44:05] | It won’t be for long. It’s a short-term placement. | 不会一直这样 只是短期这样安排 |
[44:07] | Just until your mum feels better. | 直到你妈妈好起来 |
[44:09] | The couple we have in mind have a lot of experience and live close to where you live. | 我们在考虑的那对夫妇很有经验 而且就住你家附近 |
[44:14] | Of course you’ll stay at the same school. | 当然你也就不用转学了 |
[44:28] | I don’t wanna go with anyone else. | 我不想跟别人走 |
[44:31] | I wanna stay with you. | 我想和你在一起 |
[44:33] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[44:36] | Just give us a minute, will you? | 让我们单独呆一会 好吗 |
[44:51] | Look, I need a little time to sort myself out. | 听着 我需要一点时间整理自己 |
[44:57] | But I’m not running away, I promise. | 但我保证 我不会逃跑 |
[45:03] | I could stay with you now, and I want that so much. | 我现在可以和你在一起 我也很想这样 |
[45:08] | But chances are I wouldn’t make it, because I’m not strong enough. | 但我有可能做不到 因为我还不够强大 |
[45:21] | I don’t expect you to understand. | 我不奢望你能理解 |
[45:28] | And I know for me to leave you now, | 我知道我现在丢下你 |
[45:32] | it must feel like the worst thing in the world. | 肯定会觉得做了世上最坏的事情 |
[45:39] | But I promise you I’m not gonna let you down, okay? | 但我向你保证不会让你失望 好吗 |
[45:44] | I promise you. | 我向你保证 |
[45:51] | I’m so sorry. | 真的对不起 |
[45:53] | I love you. Come here. | 我爱你 来 |
[46:30] | Come here. | 过来 |
[46:35] | Be a good boy. | 要乖乖的 |
[46:50] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[47:09] | Summing up France’s postwar history, only two statesmen counted: | 通观战后的法国历史 只有两个像样的政治家 |
[47:13] | De Gaulle and him. | 戴高乐和他 |
[47:15] | On de Gaulle, everything’s been written. On Mitterrand, I want to finish the job. | 戴高乐所有的事情都被写过了 而密特朗希望能由我来完成 |
[47:20] | There are fascinating elements. | 他身上有很多引人注目的元素 |
[47:22] | The abolition of the death penalty, the European Union. | 废除死刑 加入欧盟 |
[47:24] | Coming from a right-wing family, he seduced the left. | 生于右翼分子家庭 却领导着左翼党派 |
[47:27] | And what’s more, converted it to liberalism. | 更重要的是 使他们信奉自由主义 |
[47:29] | Amazing! It was a revolution, right? | 了不起 简直是场革命 对不对 |
[47:32] | Plus the darker sides of his character that have never been explored. | 再加上他从未被发现的性格上的阴暗面 |
[47:36] | He’s been dead for 10 years. The timing is right, we can dig deeper. | 他已经死了10年 时机正好 我们可以深入挖掘 |
[47:40] | I want to dig into his past. | 我想潜入他的过去 |
[47:42] | Vichy, the Elf scandal. What part did he play? | 维希 ELF石油公司的丑闻 他扮演着什么角色 |
[47:45] | The Taiwan frigates, the papon scandal, | 台湾护卫舰事件 巴芃丑闻 |
[47:47] | Mazarine, Marguerite Duras. | 玛莎琳 玛格丽特·杜拉斯 |
[47:48] | These stories were never really addressed. They’ve all been buried. | 这些从没有被真正报道过 它们都被埋没了 |
[47:52] | I’m going to tell who knew, who didn’t talk. | 我要找出那些知情者 那些未曾开口的人 |
[47:54] | Isn’t that going to bring us too much controversy? | 这会不会给我们带来太多争议 |
[47:57] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为 |
[47:59] | What I want is a book that can be read by all. | 我想要的是一本人人都能看的书 |
[48:02] | Mitterrand was not just a politician. | 密特朗不仅仅是个政治家 |
[48:05] | Mitterrand was an icon. | 密特朗是一尊圣像 |
[48:07] | He’s “Tonton,” our uncle! | 他是我们的叔叔 [法国人对前总统密特朗的昵称] |
[48:09] | Maybe that’s what we should use as the title! | 也许我们该用这个做标题 |
[48:12] | Tonton. | 叔叔 |
[48:19] | I’m not sure we can keep that title. | 我不确定真可以用这个标题 |
[48:24] | Of course not. It was a joke. | 当然不行 我开玩笑的 |
[48:26] | I’ll welcome your suggestions for the title. | 欢迎大家就标题多给我些建议 |
[48:29] | How about Chipping Away at the Myth or The Vacillating Statue? | “揭秘神话”或”摇摆的雕像”怎么样 |
[48:35] | I look forward to your suggestions. | 我很期待你们的建议 |
[48:37] | We’ll make a list. | 我们会列个单子 |
[48:46] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[48:49] | The timing couldn’t be better. | 这个时机再好不过了 |
[48:51] | Politically, there’s nothing going on now anyway. | 目前没什么政治事件 |
[48:54] | You’ll write the book you’ve always wanted to. You’ll get some rest. | 你终于可以写一本你一直想写的书了 也可以休息一下 |
[48:59] | Come this summer, you’ll be back on the air | 等到夏天 你再回到主播位置时 |
[49:02] | with a bestseller under your belt, and a big renegotiated contract. | 头顶着畅销书作家的光环 带着份薪水丰厚的新合同 |
[49:07] | Stronger than ever. | 比任何时候都要强大 |
[49:08] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[49:10] | Adapting and turning misfortune to your advantage. | 适应灾难将它变成你的优势 |
[49:13] | That’s what I’ve always loved about you, never a victim. | 这就是我一直喜欢你的地方 从不做受害者 |
[49:16] | That’s right. | 说的对 |
[49:18] | Never a victim, never vulnerable, never complains. | 从不做受害者 从不脆弱 从不抱怨 |
[49:23] | Excuse me. Your table is ready. | 打扰一下 有你们的位子了 |
[49:26] | Great. I’m starving. | 太好了 我饿了 |
[49:34] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问你个问题吗 |
[49:36] | What do you think happens when we die? | 你觉得我们死了会怎么样 |
[49:39] | That’s a strange question! | 这问题好奇怪 |
[49:41] | Tell me. | 回答我 |
[49:42] | When you die, you die. The lights go out, that’s it. | 死了就是死了 灯光暗去 就这样 |
[49:45] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[49:49] | That’s it? Just blackout? | 就那样 只是灯熄了 |
[49:52] | Totally black, the plug’s pulled out. | 一片漆黑 插头被拔掉了 |
[49:55] | The eternal void. | 永恒的虚无 |
[50:00] | Don’t you think it’s possible that there is something? | 你不觉得可能会有什么东西吗 |
[50:02] | Like what? | 什么东西 |
[50:04] | I don’t know, something. | 我也不知道 像是 |
[50:08] | A hereafter. | 来世 |
[50:11] | No, I don’t. | 不 我不觉得 |
[50:12] | If that were the case, wouldn’t someone have discovered it by now? | 要真是这样 应该已经有人发现了吧 |
[50:16] | And there would be proof. | 肯定也会有证据 |
[50:21] | I guess. | 也许吧 |
[50:24] | Do you have a lot of questions like that? | 你有很多这种问题吗 |
[50:30] | More champagne? | 再来点香槟 |
[51:29] | Okay, does everyone have their blindfolds on? | 好 每个人都戴上眼罩了吗 |
[51:33] | Okay. | 很好 |
[51:34] | Now, if you wanna be a good cook, first we need to work on your palate. | 想做一个好的厨师 首先就要锻炼你的味觉 |
[51:38] | To stimulate your imaginations, your senses. | 激发你的想象 你的感官 |
[51:42] | No good being an expert chopper, dicer, roaster, toaster, | 如果不能根据味道 说出食物的名字 颜色 乃至形状 |
[51:46] | if you can’t give names and colors, and even shapes, to flavors. | 刀工和烤技再好 也于事无补 |
[51:52] | Okay. Now, spoon number one. | 好了 现在 第一勺 |
[51:56] | Now, look, this isn’t easy. So don’t worry if you don’t immediately identify it. | 听着 这并不容易 无法立刻尝出来也不用担心 |
[52:02] | Let’s start by trying to describe it. | 可以先描述一下 |
[52:06] | What is the texture? | 什么口感 |
[52:08] | Okay, you ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[52:09] | -What is the consistency? -Open. | -浓度如何 -张嘴 |
[52:14] | Very good. | 非常好 |
[52:19] | What? | 怎么了 |
[52:20] | I have no freaking idea what this is. | 我完全不知道这是什么 |
[52:24] | “No freaking idea.” Okay. | “完全不知道” 好的 |
[52:27] | But. | 不过 |
[52:30] | It’s not a fruit. | 不是水果 |
[52:33] | It’s kind of nutty. | 有点像坚果 |
[52:37] | -But it’s kind of sweet too. I think. -Okay. | -还有点甜 我觉得 -好 |
[52:43] | “A little nutty.” | “有点像坚果” |
[52:45] | “Kind of sweet.” | “有点甜” |
[52:48] | -Did she get it? -Yeah. | -她猜到了吗 -猜到了 |
[52:51] | So how are we gonna do this? | 那我们怎么办 |
[52:55] | What? | 什么 |
[52:56] | Well, we could make up a whole load of crap, or we could | 我们可以先废话一箩筐 也可以 |
[52:59] | cut to the chase and be honest with one another. | 开门见山 坦诚以对 |
[53:02] | About? | 坦诚什么 |
[53:04] | About why we’re both doing night-school classes? | 坦诚我们为什么要上夜校 |
[53:09] | -All right. -Open. | -好 -张嘴 |
[53:11] | Everybody okay? How we doing? | 都还好吗 怎么样 |
[53:20] | There’s. | 这个 |
[53:21] | There’s something oaky about that. | 味道不错 |
[53:24] | “Oaky.” Okay. | “不错” 好 |
[53:26] | -Yeah. Nutmeggy? I think. -Okay. | -对 肉豆蔻 好像是 -好 |
[53:30] | You’re not gonna tell me it’s because you wanna make | 你不会说是因为你想做出 |
[53:33] | the perfect spaghetti vongole, right? | 最完美的蛤蜊意大利面吧 |
[53:36] | No, not entirely. | 不 不完全是 |
[53:39] | Okay. I’ll jump in. | 好吧 我先来 |
[53:43] | I’m doing this because I’m new to San Francisco. | 我来夜校是因为我刚到旧金山 |
[53:49] | Because I’m looking to make new friends. | 想认识一些新朋友 |
[53:53] | And who knows? If I’m lucky, maybe even meet the man of my dreams. | 谁知道呢 幸运的话 也许能碰见我的白马王子 |
[54:00] | -Here, open. -Okay. | -来 张嘴 -好 |
[54:15] | So why’d you move to San Francisco? | 你为什么来旧金山 |
[54:21] | Because I got dumped by someone in pittsburgh. | 因为我在匹兹堡被人甩了 |
[54:25] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[54:27] | Not quite at the aisle, but pretty close. | 熟饭还没煮成 不过就差一点 |
[54:31] | Down payment on the wedding dress, honeymoon booked. That kind of thing. | 支付了婚纱首付款 订了蜜月 就那些 |
[54:38] | I mean, it’s okay. You know, | 我是说 没关系 |
[54:41] | I’m over it, just about. | 我已经好了 快好了 |
[54:46] | Not at all, actually. | 其实 根本没有 |
[54:54] | What’d that taste like? | 那个什么味道 |
[54:58] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[55:01] | I mean, I really. I don’t. | 我真的 我不 |
[55:05] | -Wanna try again? -Yeah, okay. | -再尝一次吗 -好 |
[55:08] | Okay. | 好的 |
[55:12] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[55:14] | Okay. | 好 |
[55:33] | -Is that a bean? -Yeah. | -是豆子吗 -对 |
[55:35] | -Really? -Yeah. | -真的 -是 |
[55:39] | You know what color it is? | 猜是什么颜色的豆子 |
[55:41] | It’s like. | 有点像 |
[55:42] | Tastes like a black bean. | 味道像是黑豆 |
[55:46] | -Am I right? -Yes. | -猜对了吗 -对 |
[55:50] | How we doing? Don’t be shy. | 进行的怎么样 别怕丑 |
[55:56] | -Here we go. -Oh, well, | -开始 -有点 |
[56:00] | like you, I recently made a big change to my life | 就像你 我的生活最近改变很大 |
[56:09] | and I just wanted to reevaluate things and change my priorities. | 我得重新考虑很多事 调整一些首要的事 |
[56:14] | What was? What was the change? | 那是 都有哪些改变 |
[56:17] | Divorce or? | 离婚或者 |
[56:19] | Oh, no, no, nothing like that. No. | 不 不是 不是那些 不 |
[56:22] | A job that I needed to put behind me. | 稍后再考虑工作的事 |
[56:28] | It was making any kind of life impossible. | 因为工作 没能好好享受生活 |
[56:32] | Definitely a nut. | 傻子一个 |
[56:36] | You’re not gonna tell me, you know, what the job was? | 你不打算告诉我 你做哪行 |
[56:40] | Would you mind if I didn’t? | 如果我不说你介意吗 |
[56:43] | I mean, don’t worry, I wasn’t like a criminal or anything. | 我想说 别担心 我不是罪犯也不做犯法的事 |
[56:48] | -Okay. So open up. -Okay. | -好吧 张嘴 -好 |
[56:56] | No hitting on Alice. | 别伤到爱丽丝 |
[56:58] | -Peppers. -Yeah. | -辣椒 -对 |
[57:01] | -Wasn’t that great? -Yeah, fun. | -很棒对吗 -对 很有趣 |
[57:03] | God, it’s made me so hungry. | 天啊 弄得我饿死了 |
[57:05] | Yeah, me too. | 我也是 |
[57:08] | Do you wanna get something to eat? | 吃点东西吧 |
[57:10] | Yeah. There’s actually a place nearby that everyone’s talking about. | 好 这附近有一家人人都赞不绝口的餐厅 |
[57:13] | Place nearby, are you kidding me? We’re practically experts ourselves. | 附近的餐厅 你跟我开玩笑吗 我们可是专业大厨呢 |
[57:18] | -I can drive. -Yeah. Oh, yeah, great, okay. | -我来开车 -好 好的 那很棒 好的 |
[57:42] | So you been in San Francisco long? | 你在旧金山待很久了 |
[57:46] | Born and bred, yeah. | 没错 土生土长的 |
[57:47] | Oh, nice. | 不错 |
[57:49] | You can just leave all that. I’ll get it. You just get comfortable. | 放那就行 我来弄 你歇一会儿 |
[57:53] | No, I’m your partner. Remember? I have to. | 不 我们是搭档 对吗 我必须 |
[57:57] | -We have to do this together. -Okay. | -我们得合作 -行啊 |
[58:01] | Oh, my gosh. Are these? | 我的天啊 那是 |
[58:05] | -This is you? As a kid? -Yeah, that’s me and my brother, Billy. | -这是你吗 小时候的 -对 我跟我兄弟 比利 |
[58:11] | Let me tell you, you got the looks. | 我告诉你吧 你更上照 |
[58:13] | Well, he got everything else. | 他除了容貌 其它的都比我好 |
[58:15] | Are these his kids? | 这是他的孩子们 |
[58:17] | Yeah. My nieces. | 对 我侄女 |
[58:21] | Who’s this? | 这是谁 |
[58:22] | Is this some kind of ancestor? | 是你们的祖先吗 |
[58:27] | No, that’s Charles Dickens. | 不 那是查尔斯·狄更斯 |
[58:29] | I’m a fan. I’m a huge fan. | 我是他的粉丝 忠实粉丝 |
[58:32] | You know, people go on and on about Shakespeare and it’s. | 你知道 人们追逐莎士比亚 这是 |
[58:36] | I mean, he’s great, of course, but Dickens. | 我的意思是 他很棒 当然 不过狄更斯 |
[58:40] | No, no, I’ll get that. I got it. | 不 不要 我来拿 我来拿 |
[58:42] | There’s a little trick. | 这需要点技巧 |
[58:49] | It’s Billy. | 是比利 |
[58:51] | Just to say I finally caught up with our Greek friend. | 告诉你一声 我碰到那个希腊人了 |
[58:53] | Told him to keep his mouth shut. Okay? | 让他别到处说 |
[58:56] | Just relax. There shouldn’t be any more freaks | 别紧张 不会再有那种怪胎 |
[58:58] | knocking on your door asking for readings, you know? | 敲你家门要求通灵 你知道了吗 |
[59:01] | I gotta say though, this guy, | 我必须得说 这家伙 |
[59:04] | he made a big point of saying how brilliant you were | 他称赞你如何如何出色 |
[59:07] | and with so many fakers out there, someone who had a genuine gift. | 现在到处是假的通灵师 居然真的有人拥有这种才能 |
[59:10] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[59:12] | Sorry about that. | 不好意思 |
[59:16] | -What gift? -Oh, nothing. Don’t worry about it. | -什么才能 -没什么 不用管它 |
[59:19] | No, I mean, I’m interested. | 不 我是说 我很感兴趣 |
[59:24] | Well, the job I had before, it was as a psychic. | 好吧 我以前做过的工作 通灵师 |
[59:29] | I know, but. | 我知道 但是 |
[59:31] | -What? -But it’s true. | -什么 -但这是真的 |
[59:35] | I had an illness as a child | 我小时候得了场病 |
[59:40] | and I had an infection, which turned into a fever, | 感染了 然后转成发烧 |
[59:43] | which turned into inflammation of my brain and spinal cord. | 我的大脑和脊髓都发炎了 |
[59:47] | It’s called encephalomyelitis. | 这病称为脑脊髓炎 |
[59:49] | And they had to operate, in the back, here. | 没办法只能动手术 在后背 这儿 |
[59:53] | It was a complicated procedure. It was eight hours. And they nearly lost me. | 是个很复杂的手术 花了8小时 我差点就死了 |
[59:59] | Actually, technically, they did lose me | 事实上 从技术上来说 他们并没有把我一次救成功 |
[1:00:03] | and bring me back on a number of occasions. | 又做了几次手术后才把我救活 |
[1:00:08] | Anyway, they cured the illness, | 不管怎么样 他们治好了我的病 |
[1:00:10] | but they must’ve messed up something else while they were back there, because | 但是在他们回到那里时 一定是混淆了其它什么 因为 |
[1:00:15] | not long after, I started to have these migraines. | 不久之后 我开始偏头痛 |
[1:00:17] | And then nightmares. | 紧接着做噩梦 |
[1:00:20] | And then these connections. | 然后就能通灵了 |
[1:00:27] | And one day I’m sitting with a friend, and I had a vision of a woman, | 一天我和朋友坐着 然后我看见一个女人的影像 |
[1:00:32] | a crystal-clear vision. | 水晶般透明的影像 |
[1:00:34] | And I described her to him. | 然后我向我朋友描述她 |
[1:00:36] | And turned out it was an exact description of his mother, someone I’d never met, | 结果描述的正是他母亲 我从没见过他母亲 |
[1:00:42] | who’d died the previous week. | 她上周刚过世 |
[1:00:48] | And you’re not laughing yet. | 你别笑我 |
[1:00:50] | No, I’m not. | 不 我不会 |
[1:00:54] | Well, anyway, I assumed it was some kind of a coincidence. | 不管怎么样 我觉得那一定是某种巧合 |
[1:00:56] | But as time went on, I began having more and more of these things, connections. | 随着时间推移 我不断看到更多影像 |
[1:01:03] | So the doctors ran a bunch of tests. | 医生给我做了很多测试 |
[1:01:06] | They told my parents that I’d developed something called passive schizophrenia. | 医生跟我父母说我患有被动精神分裂症 |
[1:01:10] | They gave me a bunch of pills and, you know, the pills stopped the visions, | 医生给了我一堆药 那些防止我看到影像的药 |
[1:01:15] | but they pretty much stopped everything else also, | 那些药把我的生活都搅乱了 |
[1:01:18] | so I had this choice. | 所以没得选择 |
[1:01:20] | I was either gonna live my life with these hallucinations | 要么带着这些很显然没法 |
[1:01:24] | with apparently no way of switching it off. | 停止的幻觉活着 |
[1:01:27] | Or I could have no life at all. | 要么死去 |
[1:01:30] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[1:01:32] | See, there, now I’ve been neglecting my duties. | 所以 我正在无视我的职责 |
[1:01:37] | Could I ask you a question? | 能问你个问题吗 |
[1:01:43] | You know, these are probably ready to go in. | 知道吗 这些能下锅了 |
[1:01:45] | George? | 乔治 |
[1:01:52] | Would it be okay if I told you the answer was no? | 如果我的答案是”不” 你会介意吗 |
[1:01:55] | You don’t even know what I was gonna ask. | 你都不知道我要问什么 |
[1:01:57] | Yes, I do. You’re gonna ask me if I can do a reading for you. | 是 我知道 你想问我能不能帮你通灵 |
[1:02:02] | Look, Melanie, I barely know you, | 听着 梅拉尼 我不了解你 |
[1:02:06] | but I like you a lot. | 但我很喜欢你 |
[1:02:08] | Really, a lot. | 真的 非常喜欢 |
[1:02:11] | Is there any way we could pretend that maybe we go back in time | 能不能让我们假装 |
[1:02:14] | and just forget about the phone ringing, and my brother’s message, | 忘记那个电话 和我兄弟的留言 |
[1:02:19] | -and we never had this conversation? -Why? | -回到我们从来没有这次谈话的时刻 -为什么 |
[1:02:21] | If we open the door and go down that road, | 因为如果我一旦走上这条路 |
[1:02:24] | any chance that we had of having something normal will just be gone. | 我们就再也不会像普通人那样生活了 |
[1:02:30] | It just will. | 一定会这样 |
[1:02:32] | Believe me. I have enough experience of that now. | 相信我 对这个我已经经历得够多了 |
[1:02:37] | I mean, sometimes, I mean. | 我的意思是 有时 你知道 |
[1:02:40] | You know, knowing everything about someone, it’s. | 就是 了解某人的任何事 就好像 |
[1:02:43] | You know, it seems nice, but, really, | 你知道 看起来是不错 但是 这感觉真的 |
[1:02:46] | maybe it’s actually better to hold stuff back. | 也许最好适可而止 |
[1:02:50] | I hear you. | 我听懂了 |
[1:02:52] | But you can understand. I’m curious. | 但你得理解我 我很好奇 |
[1:02:57] | No, of course. I mean, yeah. Yeah. | 不 当然 我的意思是 我能理解 |
[1:03:01] | Please? | 求你了 |
[1:03:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:03:22] | Come on. | 过来 |
[1:03:29] | Here, take a seat. | 这边 坐下 |
[1:03:31] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:03:35] | I’m gonna take your hands for a second, to get a connection, | 接下来的几秒钟我得抓着你的手 开始通灵 |
[1:03:38] | and then I’ll let go, and I’ll just ask you a couple questions. | 然后我会放开 问你几个问题 |
[1:03:42] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:03:43] | Okay. Give me your hands. | 好 把手给我 |
[1:03:45] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:03:54] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:03:58] | There’s a woman. And she’s tall. | 有个女人 高个子女人 |
[1:04:02] | Thin. She has brown hair. | 身材单薄 棕色头发 |
[1:04:07] | Do you know who I’m talking about? | 知道我在描述谁吗 |
[1:04:12] | Is this woman your mother? | 她是你妈妈 |
[1:04:16] | Yes. | 对 |
[1:04:19] | And I’m feeling a pain in my chest. | 我感觉胸口很疼 |
[1:04:25] | Yeah. That’s how she died. Of a heart attack. | 对 她就是这么死的 心脏病 |
[1:04:30] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[1:04:35] | Okay. You ready to eat? | 好 准备吃饭吗 |
[1:04:40] | There’s not something else? | 没有其它什么事吗 |
[1:04:43] | -No, there’s nothing. -No, no, no, I can tell. | -没有 没什么事 -不 不 不 我能感觉到 |
[1:04:46] | Please, there is, I can tell. | 求你了 肯定有事 我感觉到了 |
[1:04:50] | I mean, what’s the matter? You don’t think I could handle it? | 我的意思是 怎么了 你觉得我无法处理吗 |
[1:04:58] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:05:02] | When you touched me before, there was a, | 你刚才碰我的时候 有一个 |
[1:05:05] | there was a man. | 有个男人 |
[1:05:08] | Dark hair. | 深色头发 |
[1:05:15] | My father. | 我爸爸 |
[1:05:17] | He passed away not too long ago? | 他不久前去世了 |
[1:05:20] | -Last year. -And. | -去年 -然后 |
[1:05:24] | All he kept saying, all I kept hearing was. | 他不停地说 所有我能听到的就是 |
[1:05:27] | Was what? | 是什么 |
[1:05:32] | How sorry he was. | 他非常抱歉 |
[1:05:36] | What for? | 抱歉什么 |
[1:05:38] | For what he did to you all that time ago. | 为他过去对你的所作所为 |
[1:05:45] | And he hoped that you could one day forgive him. | 他希望有朝一日你能原谅他 |
[1:05:54] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:06:01] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[1:06:05] | I’m sorry | 对不起 |
[1:06:10] | for pressing you like that. | 把你逼成这样 |
[1:06:16] | Maybe we shouldn’t have gone there. | 也许我们不应该到这一步 |
[1:06:23] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[1:06:31] | Except if I. | 除非如果我 |
[1:06:33] | If I go now, | 如果我现在走 |
[1:06:38] | if we draw a line under this, | 如果我到此为止闭口不谈 |
[1:06:42] | pretend it never happened, | 假装这些从没发生过 |
[1:06:50] | we’ll be okay. | 我们会没事吧 |
[1:06:54] | I’m sure. | 我确定 |
[1:06:56] | Good. | 好 |
[1:06:59] | Good. | 好 |
[1:07:12] | We still have the competition to win. Right? | 我们还得赢比赛 对吧 |
[1:07:16] | Right. | 对 |
[1:07:19] | I should’ve listened to you. | 我当时应该听你的 |
[1:07:21] | You know, too much knowledge and all that. | 你知道 有太多关于通灵的认知和所有这些 |
[1:07:34] | I’ll see you next week. | 下周见 |
[1:07:36] | Yeah, you betcha. | 当然 那还用说 |
[1:08:47] | MAN The old, unhappy feeling that had once pervaded my life, | 那些过去曾一度在我生活中蔓延的痛苦感觉 |
[1:08:51] | came back like an unwelcome visitor, and deeper than ever. | 像个不速之客般归来 比以往更强烈 |
[1:08:57] | It addressed me like a strain of sorrowful music, | 压在我心头像一支悲伤压抑的乐曲 |
[1:09:02] | a hopeless consciousness of all that I had lost, | 一种我曾失去一切的绝望意识 |
[1:09:06] | all that I had ever loved. | 所有那些我曾经爱过的 |
[1:09:09] | And all that remained was a ruined blank and waste, | 残留的不过是毁灭后的苍白和荒芜 |
[1:09:15] | lying around me, unbroken to the dark horizon. | 围绕着我 未冲破那黑暗的地平线 |
[1:09:23] | All right, son, out you get. | 好了 儿子 下车拿着这个 |
[1:09:26] | All right. Lovely, thanks. | 好了 小可爱 谢谢 |
[1:09:31] | -Hello. -Hi, Marcus! | -你好 -马克斯 |
[1:09:34] | I’m Angela. This is Dennis. | 我是安吉拉 这是丹尼斯 |
[1:09:37] | All right, mate? | 你好吗 小伙子 |
[1:09:39] | I call him Dennis the Menace. | 我叫他威胁者丹尼斯 |
[1:09:42] | Now, I’ll show you the kitchen. | 现在 我带你参观下厨房 |
[1:09:46] | Just keep walking through there. | 从这儿一直走 |
[1:09:49] | So this is where we eat our breakfast in the morning. | 早上我们在这吃早饭 |
[1:09:52] | What do you like to eat in the mornings? | 你早上爱吃什么 |
[1:09:55] | We’re porridge eaters in this house. Do you like porridge? | 我们是这屋子里的麦片粥爱好者 你爱吃麦片粥吗 |
[1:10:00] | Or cornflakes? | 或者玉米片 |
[1:10:12] | This is your room. | 这是你的房间 |
[1:10:17] | Our last boy, Ricky, moved out about a month ago. | 我们的小儿子 瑞奇 一个月前刚搬出去 |
[1:10:20] | Just turned 18. Got his first job, security guard. | 刚满18岁 得到了他的第一份工作 保安 |
[1:10:25] | Go on, mate. It’s all yours now. | 来吧 小东西 这些都是你的了 |
[1:10:31] | Do you think it’s possible to get another bed? | 能再加一张床吗 |
[1:10:35] | Two secs, Marcus. | 等一小会 马克斯 |
[1:10:38] | We’re gonna need another bed. | 我们还需要一张床 |
[1:10:41] | Upstairs? Should I take yours? | 楼上 我能拿你的吗 |
[1:10:53] | -You all right? -Yeah. | -你没问题吧 -没问题 |
[1:11:42] | Good night, Jase. | 晚安 贾斯 |
[1:11:47] | Who agrees? A and D. “Rowan is an old Roman word for a mountain ash.” | 谁同意 A和D “欧洲花楸是古罗马语里面的花楸” |
[1:11:50] | “A mountain ash lives over 100 years.” | “一种活了超过100年的花楸” |
[1:11:52] | And does anybody else think it’s anything else? | 有同学有不同意见吗 |
[1:11:55] | Marcus, could you take the hat off, please? | 马克斯 能把帽子摘了吗 拜托 |
[1:12:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:12:01] | So now let’s move on to number six. | 那下面我们来看第6题 |
[1:12:04] | On the next page. | 在下一页 |
[1:12:06] | So you’re gonna need to look at the extract, “Wings of Courage.” | 那么你们应该看看引言 “勇气之翼” |
[1:12:17] | -Thank you very much for coming in. -You’re welcome. | -很感谢你们的到来 -不客气 |
[1:12:20] | And. | 然后 |
[1:12:22] | We’ll be in touch when we’ve made the appointment. | 等我们安排好会面时 我们会再联系 |
[1:12:24] | Yeah. Okay, great. | 好的 很好 |
[1:12:25] | Let’s get it sorted as soon as possible. | 我们尽快把事情弄好 |
[1:12:27] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:12:28] | All right, Marcus? See you soon, mate. | 好的 马克斯 回头见啦 小东西 |
[1:12:30] | Be a good little man. | 好好做个小男子汉 |
[1:12:44] | It’s lunchtime, Marcus. You gonna go? | 午餐时间到了 马克斯 你要去吗 |
[1:13:14] | The angel of death comes to you | 死亡天使一旦想找你 |
[1:13:18] | and will find you, no matter where you are hiding. | 便终会找到你 不论你藏在哪 |
[1:13:21] | Even if you are hiding in, like a rich man in a castle, | 即使你躲得严严实实 像富人躲在城堡里 |
[1:13:27] | the angel of God will find you. | 上帝的使者还是能找到你的 |
[1:13:39] | Hello. | 大家好 |
[1:13:41] | A number of us are probably too frightened to ask: | 我们中很多人可能因恐惧而不敢问 |
[1:13:44] | “What happens to us when we die?” | “我们死后会怎样呢” |
[1:13:47] | But the good news is, if you believe in Christ, you have nothing to fear. | 好消息是 如果你信基督教 你就可以无所畏惧了 |
[1:16:07] | Excuse me. I don’t understand. | 抱歉 我不理解 |
[1:16:09] | What wouldn’t we give to know exactly where she’s gone? | 要是知道她到底去哪了 我们能不说嘛 |
[1:16:13] | But from what you wrote in your letter, perhaps you know already. | 但从你的信上看 或许你已经知道了 |
[1:16:17] | -Claudia Rousseau. -Marie Lelay. | -我叫克劳迪娅·卢索 -玛丽·勒莱 |
[1:16:19] | -I’m so happy to meet you. -You too. | -见到你真高兴 -我也是 |
[1:16:22] | You know, I really need to talk about the vision I had. | 你知道的 我真的非常需要谈谈我看到的影像 |
[1:16:26] | -Sure, go ahead. -Yeah. | -当然 来吧 -好的 |
[1:16:28] | It was a very peaceful sensation. | 是种非常祥和的感觉 |
[1:16:32] | Everything was quiet. Darkness everywhere. | 一切都那么安静 四下一片黑暗 |
[1:16:37] | And a light was catching my eyes. | 然后有一道光吸引了我 |
[1:16:40] | And I was hearing the sound of a gentle wind. | 而且我能听到微风吹过的声音 |
[1:16:44] | A feeling of weightlessness? | 有种失重的感觉 |
[1:16:47] | Yes. | 对 |
[1:16:49] | A 360 perspective? | 能看到360度全景吗 |
[1:16:51] | No sense of linear time or motion? | 感觉不到时间和物体的移动 |
[1:16:54] | Yes. | 对 |
[1:16:56] | But all-knowing, all-sensing? | 但什么都知道 什么都有感觉 |
[1:16:57] | Exactly. | 正是这样 |
[1:16:59] | -Would you care for some tea? -Thank you. | -来杯茶吗 -谢谢 |
[1:17:01] | You know, as a scientist and atheist, | 你知道 作为一名科学家和无神论者 |
[1:17:05] | my mind was closed to such things. | 我打心里对那些事是抗拒的 |
[1:17:08] | Oh, absolutely. Afterlife, near-death experiences. | 当然 死后 接近死亡的经历 |
[1:17:12] | Like everyone else, I thought people saw bright lights, | 和每个人一样 我想人们应该会看到亮光 |
[1:17:15] | Eden-like gardens and so forth, | 伊甸园那样的花园什么的 |
[1:17:17] | because they were culturally conditioned to do so. | 因为这是传统文化决定的 |
[1:17:21] | But after 25 years in a hospice, | 但在安养院待了25年后 |
[1:17:26] | working with people, many of whom were pronounced dead, | 工作对象是一些多数已经宣告死亡 |
[1:17:30] | but then miraculously survived, | 但奇迹般又活过来的人 |
[1:17:32] | the account of what they actually experienced were so strikingly similar, | 他们所叙述的经历是那么令人心惊地相似 |
[1:17:37] | it couldn’t just be coincidence. | 这不可能是巧合 |
[1:17:41] | And add to that the fact that when they had these experiences, | 加之他们在经历这些的时候 |
[1:17:45] | they were almost all unconscious, | 完全属于无意识状态 |
[1:17:47] | a state in which my enemies agree the brain cannot create fresh images. | 我的对手都同意那时候 大脑根本不能创造新的画面 |
[1:17:55] | So you think I really did experience something? | 那你认为我是真的经历了某些东西 |
[1:17:58] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[1:18:01] | I think you experienced death. | 我想你经历过了死亡 |
[1:18:07] | It’s all here. | 都在这了 |
[1:18:09] | I’m afraid if your journey is anything like mine, it won’t be an easy one. | 如果你的征途跟我相似的话 恐怕不是件易事啊 |
[1:18:13] | It’s a lonely field to plow. | 这是个孤独的战场 |
[1:18:15] | people get quite irrational around this subject. Quite hostile, even. | 人们面对这个话题总是很不理智 甚至很敌意 |
[1:18:19] | But the evidence is irrefutable. | 但这些证据是驳不倒的 |
[1:18:23] | I tried. | 我努力过了 |
[1:18:30] | You know, perhaps someone like you, | 你知道 也许像你这样的 |
[1:18:33] | in your position, and with your influence, can change that. | 在如此地位上 有如此影响力的人 能改变它 |
[1:18:38] | I hope you can. | 我希望你可以 |
[1:18:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:18:44] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[1:18:45] | I’ll send it back when I’m done. | 我弄好以后会送还给你的 |
[1:19:20] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[1:19:22] | Following a joint statement by Vivendi and electricity giant VFM | 维旺迪[法国一家巨型媒体跨国集团]和电力巨擎VFM发表的联合声明 |
[1:19:26] | announcing higher than expected quarterly profits, | 表示季利润超过预计 |
[1:19:28] | we wonder if evoking France’s economic downturn might be premature? | 让我们想到法国金融危机的复苏是不是要提前到来 |
[1:19:59] | Like to see you upstairs. | 来楼上一下 |
[1:20:08] | George, have a seat. | 乔治 请坐 |
[1:20:11] | You’re probably aware there’s been a lot of talk about cutbacks. | 你或许知道到了很多关于裁员的说法 |
[1:20:14] | Yeah, I heard. | 是啊 我听说了 |
[1:20:16] | Yeah. Anyway, seems the suits got together with the unions | 不管怎样 看来诉讼案是工会摆平了 |
[1:20:20] | and came up with packages for anyone willing to consider voluntary redundancy. | 还提出了对考虑主动离职人员所能得的福利 |
[1:20:24] | Voluntary redundancy? | 主动离职 |
[1:20:26] | Look, if you ask me, the deal is pretty good. | 听着 如果你问我 这交易很好的呀 |
[1:20:29] | You get six months’ pay in your pocket with health insurance for two years. | 你会得到6个月的工资和2年的医保 |
[1:20:33] | So, what does this have to do with me? | 那么 这些跟我有什么关系吗 |
[1:20:41] | It’s a freaking scandal. You worked there three years? | 这真是个丑闻 你在那工作了3年吧 |
[1:20:44] | You never missed a day, never called in sick. | 没翘过一天班 从没请过病假 |
[1:20:47] | -He said it was nothing personal. -That’s B.S. | -他说这不是针对个人的 -那是英国标准 |
[1:20:50] | He’s trying to protect the guys who have wives and kids. | 他是想保护那些有妻儿的人 |
[1:20:52] | -You should hire a lawyer. -I can’t afford a lawyer. | -你应该请一个律师 -没钱请 |
[1:20:55] | If you need help getting another job, I’ll help you with that. | 如果你需要帮忙找新工作 我可以帮你 |
[1:20:58] | I’ll make calls. I’ll make it happen. But you know what I think you should do, right? | 我乐意打电话 替你谋职 对吧 |
[1:21:03] | Yes, I do. | 我知道 |
[1:21:04] | You know, the website’s still up. Waiting. | 你知道 网站还没关呢 等着你 |
[1:21:09] | It’d be different this time, George. | 这次会不一样的 乔治 |
[1:21:12] | We could control it. That’s how it would be different. | 我们可以加以控制 这样就不一样啦 |
[1:21:16] | We’d only do two clients a day, three, tops. Keep it small. | 我们可以一天就接2次客 最多3次 小规模接待 |
[1:21:19] | Don’t give out your phone number. We won’t talk to the media. | 不告诉他们你的电话号码 我们不告诉媒体 |
[1:21:22] | We learned our lesson with that the last time, right? | 上次我们可吸取教训了 对吧 |
[1:21:27] | Just think about it, all right? | 考虑考虑吧 怎么样 |
[1:21:37] | -Doing all right, George? -Yeah. | -做得还好吧 乔治 -是啊 |
[1:21:39] | Look a little bummed out. | 看着有点不开心啊 |
[1:21:41] | Listen, I’ll step in and partner with you. | 听着 我要掺和一下帮你忙 |
[1:21:43] | Me and you could win this thing, you know? | 你跟我一起可以赢的啦 你知道不 |
[1:21:47] | Why not? | 干嘛不呢 |
[1:21:49] | Great. | 很好 |
[1:21:50] | Watch your fingers there. | 小心手指头 |
[1:22:16] | -Hello? -Clare? | -你好 -克莱尔 |
[1:22:18] | Dennis. I think you should come over. | 我是丹尼斯 我想你得过来一下 |
[1:22:22] | Yeah, of course, Dennis. I’ll come now. | 当然可以 丹尼斯 我这就过来 |
[1:22:27] | -How much was in here? -Two hundred pounds. | -那里面有多少钱 -200英镑 |
[1:22:30] | We called the school. He never got there. | 我们打电话给学校了 他没去上学 |
[1:22:33] | What happens now? | 现在这是怎么回事 |
[1:22:35] | Well, we don’t want to involve the police. | 我们不想牵扯到警方 |
[1:22:37] | No, that’s really a last resort. | 不 那是万不得己的时候才用的 |
[1:22:41] | Will you let us know if he comes back? | 如果他回来了 告诉我们好吗 |
[1:22:44] | We will be in touch. | 我们保持联系 |
[1:22:47] | I’ll see you out. | 我送你们出去 |
[1:23:01] | There you go. | 进来吧 |
[1:23:15] | I’m afraid our sensitive, Mr. Hewitt, is very busy. | 恐怕我们的通灵者 休伊特先生 他很忙的 |
[1:23:18] | Earliest he could see you is six weeks’ time. | 他最快也得6个星期后才能见你 |
[1:23:21] | Oh, dear. | 天哪 |
[1:23:22] | Mrs. Joyce, our senior sensitive | 乔伊斯女士 我们的资深通灵者 |
[1:23:25] | is doing a public reading tonight if you’re interested. | 今晚要做一个公众通灵 如果你有兴趣 |
[1:23:27] | In the lecture hall. | 在演讲大厅 |
[1:23:30] | All right. I’ll try my luck. Thank you. | 好的 我会碰碰运气的 谢谢 |
[1:23:34] | Can I help you? | 需要我帮忙吗 |
[1:23:36] | Oh, no, thanks. | 不用 谢谢了 |
[1:23:40] | I’m getting a strong feeling over this side of the room. | 我强烈的感觉到屋子里的气息 |
[1:23:44] | Someone whose name starts with a “J.” | 某个名字以字母”J”开头的人 |
[1:23:50] | Does the letter “J” mean anything to anyone? Anyone? | 字母”J”对谁有特殊意义吗 有人吗 |
[1:23:53] | Anyone? | 有人吗 |
[1:23:57] | Don’t be shy. | 别害羞嘛 |
[1:23:59] | Tell us your name, please. | 告诉我们你的名字 谢谢 |
[1:24:02] | Marcus. | 马克斯 |
[1:24:04] | Marcus. Marcus. Come on. | 马克斯 马克斯 过来吧 |
[1:24:08] | Come up here where I can see you. | 上这儿来 好让我能看见你 |
[1:24:11] | Good boy. | 好孩子 |
[1:24:13] | There’s a good boy, Marcus. That’s right. I’m not going to hurt you. | 这是个好孩子 马克斯 没事的 我不会伤害你的 |
[1:24:18] | That’s lovely. | 你真可爱 |
[1:24:20] | Now, Marcus, you’ve lost someone recently. | 马克斯 你最近失去了某个人 |
[1:24:25] | Was it someone very close to you? | 是跟你非常亲近的人吗 |
[1:24:30] | He’s telling me his name. It’s Joe, or Jack. | 他正在告诉我他的名字 是乔 或者杰克 |
[1:24:34] | -Jason. -Jason, that’s it. | -杰森 -杰森 就这个 |
[1:24:35] | He was very close to you, wasn’t he? Was he part of your family? | 他跟你非常亲近 不是吗 他是你的亲人吗 |
[1:24:43] | Is it your dad? | 是不是你爸爸 |
[1:24:47] | Well, Daddy says please don’t be sad | 爸爸说别伤心 |
[1:24:50] | and to look after Mummy for him, will you? | 要为他照顾好妈妈 对吧 |
[1:24:53] | Will you do that for him? | 你会为他这样做吗 |
[1:24:56] | Give Marcus a round of applause, ladies and gentlemen. | 给马克斯一点掌声吧 女士们 先生们 |
[1:25:02] | Lovely boy. | 真可爱的孩子 |
[1:25:04] | And as I go into a trance, | 当我进入恍惚状态 |
[1:25:07] | my spirit guide will speak to you through me. | 我的灵魂引导者会通过我跟你讲话 |
[1:25:18] | Who summons me from the spirit world? | 是谁把我从灵魂世界召唤来的 |
[1:25:22] | Say your name. | 说出你的名字吧 |
[1:25:24] | -Marcus. -Marcus. | -马克斯 -马克斯 |
[1:25:27] | Welcome, Marcus. My name is Yoshi. | 欢迎你 马克斯 我叫尧西 |
[1:25:33] | What I’m doing is I’m adjusting the level of the microphones. | 我正在做的是调试麦克风 |
[1:25:37] | Do you do physics at school? | 你在学校学物理吗 |
[1:25:38] | Good. Then you know that all matter vibrates at different speeds. | 很好 那你知道声音有着不同的振动频率 |
[1:25:42] | But in the spirit world, operates at far higher levels. | 但在灵魂世界中 振动频率要高得多 |
[1:25:45] | So we can’t hear them. Not with our normal hearing. | 所以我们听不见他们说话 起码我们肉耳听不见 |
[1:25:48] | So, what we really need is an omnidirectional, | 因此 我们所需要的是个全方位的 |
[1:25:51] | supercardioid condenser microphone. | 超心型指向电容器麦克风 |
[1:25:55] | Like this beauty. | 就像这个珍宝一样 |
[1:25:57] | Right. I think we are ready. | 好了 我想我们准备好了 |
[1:26:03] | And. | 然后 |
[1:26:09] | Jason? Are you there? | 杰森 你在吗 |
[1:26:14] | Your brother, Marcus, is here. Is there a message for him? | 你的兄弟 马克斯 在这里 有什么想对他说的吗 |
[1:26:22] | It was the ancient Greeks who first discovered it. | 最早是古希腊人发现这个的 |
[1:26:26] | “Psychomanteum,” they called it. | 他们称之为”幻镜” |
[1:26:29] | The reflective surface being the conduit to the afterlife. | 能反光的表面便是阴阳门 |
[1:26:33] | Nowadays, we call it “mirror gazing.” | 如今 我们称之为”镜面注视法” |
[1:26:36] | You might not be able to speak to him, but you will see him, | 或许你没法跟他讲话 但你能看到他 |
[1:26:39] | if you really want to, that is. | 如果你真的想的话 就这样 |
[1:26:43] | Did you see him? | 你看到他了吗 |
[1:26:45] | No. | 没有 |
[1:26:51] | Hello. Clare speaking. | 你好 我是克莱尔 |
[1:26:53] | There’s no sign of him. I’m gonna call the police. | 完全没他的消息 我要报警了 |
[1:26:55] | -But that will not help. -Well, I don’t care what. | -但那样也没用的啊 -好吧 我不在乎 |
[1:26:59] | Hang on. He’s here. I’ll call you right back. | 等等 他就在这 我回头打给你 |
[1:27:05] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:27:09] | Leave him be. | 由他去吧 |
[1:28:19] | Watch out! | 小心 |
[1:28:30] | Excuse me. | 让一下 |
[1:29:48] | Sorry, we are running a little late. | 对不起 我们有点晚了 |
[1:29:50] | Come in. | 请进 |
[1:29:51] | Everyone is upset by the events. | 大家被这些突发事件搅得心烦意乱 |
[1:29:59] | Sit down. | 请坐 |
[1:30:03] | Marie, to be honest with you, I’m a bit confused. | 玛丽 实话告诉你 我有些疑惑 |
[1:30:07] | I thought we commissioned a book about Francois Mitterrand. | 我记得我们委托你写的是《密特朗总统传》 |
[1:30:09] | Instead, you give us the first three chapters of | 而你给我的前三章内容是 |
[1:30:12] | Hereafter: | 未来 |
[1:30:15] | The Conspiracy of Silence. | 沉默的阴谋 |
[1:30:17] | I realize it’s not what you were expecting. | 我知道这不是你们所期待的 |
[1:30:21] | You always said there weren’t enough surprises in publishing. | 你总是说出版业缺少惊喜 |
[1:30:24] | Well, this is certainly a surprise! | 是吗 这的确是个惊喜 |
[1:30:32] | I don’t know where to begin. | 我不知道从何说起 |
[1:30:34] | Did you at least find it interesting? | 你难道不觉得我写的东西很有趣吗 |
[1:30:36] | Of course. You’ve always had a nose for a good story. | 当然有趣 你总是善于发掘好的故事 |
[1:30:40] | But we’re a political publisher. | 但我们是一个政府出版社 |
[1:30:42] | This is political! | 这是和政治有关的 |
[1:30:43] | This kind of material, however fascinating, is for a specialized market. | 这种素材 再怎么吸引人也都是针对特殊市场 |
[1:30:47] | This morning, in London, six bombs went off in the heart of the city. | 今天早晨 在伦敦 6枚炸弹于市中心爆炸 |
[1:30:51] | Apparently coordinated, the bombs exploded at the height of the rush hour. | 显然有组织策划 炸弹是在交通高峰时段爆炸的 |
[1:30:59] | Why are you all against this? | 为什么你们都反对我写的东西 |
[1:31:08] | Why are you so afraid of this? | 为什么你们这么害怕 |
[1:31:11] | This is real! | 这才是事实 |
[1:31:14] | This is scientific evidence | 这些科学证据 |
[1:31:16] | from well-known researchers forced to work in secret. | 是知名科学家被迫秘密研究得来的 |
[1:31:20] | A Nobel prize winner, hounded by the religious lobby. That’s a story! | 一个诺贝尔奖得主 一直被宗教团体所困扰 这是真事 |
[1:31:25] | Better than a philandering, dishonest old politician. | 比写一个调戏女人 不老实的老政客强得多 |
[1:31:28] | But a book like that would probably have to be written in English | 但这样的书应该用英文写 |
[1:31:32] | for the American market. | 针对美国市场 |
[1:31:35] | It happened to me, Michel. | 我亲身经历过 米歇尔 |
[1:31:39] | I saw it with my own eyes. | 我亲眼所见 |
[1:31:42] | Where we’re going. | 我们会魂归何处 |
[1:31:46] | What we’ll experience. | 以及我们会经历的事情 |
[1:31:49] | Each and every one of us. | 我们中的每个人 |
[1:31:53] | That doesn’t interest you? | 这难道不吸引你吗 |
[1:31:59] | Now listen, we commissioned a book about Francois Mitterrand. | 听者 我们委托你写的是《密特朗总统传》 |
[1:32:03] | Either we agree on this and you start writing it | 要么达成协议 你开始写我们要求的 |
[1:32:06] | or else I want my money back. That’s all I can say. | 要么我就把钱要回来 我就说这么多 |
[1:32:33] | It was so humiliating. | 真是丢人 |
[1:32:36] | They looked at me as if I’d lost my mind. | 他们看我的眼神就好像我是个疯子 |
[1:32:39] | Six months ago, they begged me to write about anything. | 6个月前 他们祈求我随便写点什么 |
[1:32:42] | Anything by the great Marie Lelay. | 伟大的玛丽·勒莱写的任何东西都行 |
[1:32:47] | You’d better give me my job back. I’ve had enough with being humiliated. | 你最好把我的工作还我 我受够这种羞辱了 |
[1:32:54] | Today, they even took down my posters. | 今天 他们甚至把我的海报都换下来了 |
[1:32:59] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 为什么你没和我说这事 |
[1:33:03] | And your book? | 你的书进展如何 |
[1:33:06] | I’ll finish it in my spare time. It’s caused me enough trouble as it is. | 我会在空闲时间写完它 它已经让我够麻烦的了 |
[1:33:13] | What’s the matter? | 到底怎么回事 |
[1:33:16] | Look, | 听着 |
[1:33:17] | getting your job back | 要找回你的工作 |
[1:33:20] | might not be as easy as you think. | 可能没你想象的那么容易 |
[1:33:23] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:33:25] | It was a temporary break. And on your advice. | 我只是申请了短假 而且是你建议的 |
[1:33:28] | I know, but. | 我知道 但是 |
[1:33:30] | What we couldn’t have foreseen is | 我们当时没想到 |
[1:33:32] | you’d be talking in public about these experiences. | 你会公开谈论你的体验 |
[1:33:35] | -That you’d lose your credibility. -But I didn’t want to write this book! | -你失去了你的信誉 -但我不想写这本书! |
[1:33:39] | It was your idea! | 那是你的主意 |
[1:33:41] | It was my idea you should write about Mitterrand. | 我的主意是让你写密特朗总统 |
[1:33:45] | So, what are you saying? | 那么 你到底要说什么 |
[1:33:48] | I’m saying take some more time. | 我是说你再花点时间 |
[1:33:50] | Finish the book, get it out of your system, then come back. | 完成这本书 等它出版后你解放了 再回来 |
[1:33:55] | It’s that girl, isn’t it? My replacement? | 是那个女孩 对吧 替代我的女孩 |
[1:33:59] | I’ve watched her a few times. She’s good. | 我见过她几次 她很漂亮 |
[1:34:01] | Yes, she is. But not as good as you. | 对 她是很棒 但没你出色 |
[1:34:05] | You’re sleeping with her? | 你和她睡过了 |
[1:34:08] | How can you say such a thing? | 你怎么能这么说 |
[1:34:13] | You always told me to ask the tough questions. | 你总是告诉我要问一些尖锐的问题 |
[1:34:33] | It’s funny. | 真有趣 |
[1:34:36] | Who’d have thought it? | 谁能想到会变成这样 |
[1:34:40] | A few months ago I was famous. | 几个月前我很出名 |
[1:34:43] | Rich. | 也很富有 |
[1:34:46] | A success story. | 是个成功人士 |
[1:34:49] | I was happy. | 那时我很快乐 |
[1:34:52] | Fulfilled by my work. | 生活被工作填满 |
[1:34:56] | By you. | 还有你 |
[1:35:13] | All this happened because you didn’t buy your kids their gifts. | 一切的开始是因为你没有给你的孩子们买礼物 |
[1:35:16] | Because of what? | 因为什么 |
[1:35:18] | What are you talking about? I don’t understand. | 你在说什么 我不明白 |
[1:35:22] | Forget it. It doesn’t matter. | 忘了吧 那无关紧要 |
[1:35:49] | It’s Michel. | 我是米歇尔 |
[1:35:52] | Listen. | 听着 |
[1:35:55] | I feel terrible about our meeting earlier today. | 我对今早我们的谈话感觉很抱歉 |
[1:35:59] | This book is obviously very important to you. | 这本书显然对你很重要 |
[1:36:03] | I think everyone was a bit on edge because of the events in London. | 我想今早大家对在伦敦发生的事故有些紧张烦躁 |
[1:36:09] | But I made a few calls. There are two publishers who might be interested. | 但之后我打了几个电话 有两个出版商对你的书感兴趣 |
[1:36:15] | One American, one English. | 一个在美国 一个在英国 |
[1:36:18] | Do you have a pen? | 你有笔吗 |
[1:36:27] | I’m listening. | 我听着呢 |
[1:36:50] | Anyways, I thought this would be a good group reading room. | 不管怎样 我觉得这会是一间理想的团体通灵室 |
[1:36:53] | Group reading? | 团体通灵 |
[1:36:55] | Yeah, where you could read more people at once. | 对 在这里你一次可以通灵更多人 |
[1:36:57] | Up to 20 people or more, it’s up to you. They’d pay lower rates that way. | 多到20个甚至更多 你做主 不过这样他们付的钱就少了 |
[1:37:01] | This would be your personal consulting room. | 这间会是你的私人咨询室 |
[1:37:03] | And right next door, George, this is gonna be my room. | 就在这间隔壁 乔治 这会是我的房间 |
[1:37:07] | I’m gonna make sure everything gets taken care of. | 我会把每件事打理得井井有条 |
[1:37:10] | You won’t have to worry. | 你就不必操心了 |
[1:37:12] | I don’t understand. What about your other businesses? | 我不明白 那你的其它工作怎么办 |
[1:37:15] | Oh, yeah, of course. They’re gone. | 对 当然 那些都是浮云 |
[1:37:17] | Once this thing takes off, forget it, you know? | 等这边一运转起来 忘了它们 明白吗 |
[1:37:19] | Let’s get you home. You need rest. You got a big day tomorrow. | 我送你回家吧 你需要休息 明天对你来说很重要 |
[1:37:22] | You already have three appointments. | 你已经有三个预约了 |
[1:37:24] | -All right? -Yeah. | -行吗 -好吧 |
[1:37:25] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[1:37:53] | -You Billy Lonegan? -Yes. | -你是比利·洛里根 -没错 |
[1:37:56] | Before he went, your brother asked me to give this to you. | 你兄弟在走之前 让我把这个给你 |
[1:37:58] | Went? Went where? | 走 走哪里去了 |
[1:38:00] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[1:38:08] | Dear Billy, | 亲爱的比利 |
[1:38:09] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:38:11] | I guess there’s nothing I’ll ever be able to say to persuade you | 我猜无论我说什么都无法让你信服 |
[1:38:14] | that what I have isn’t a gift, but a curse. | 我所拥有的不是天赋 而是一个诅咒 |
[1:38:17] | I know you feel what I have comes with a duty to help others. | 我知道你认为我天生注定要去帮助别人 |
[1:38:21] | But right now, the person I most need to help is myself. | 但现在 我最需要帮助的人是我自己 |
[1:38:24] | So I’ve decided to take some time out. | 所以我决定出去走走 |
[1:38:27] | I don’t know what the future will bring or when I’ll be back. | 我不清楚未来会发生什么 也不知道何时会回来 |
[1:38:30] | So don’t wait up, so to speak. | 所以别等我 可以这么说 |
[1:38:33] | Love to Jenni and the kids Your baby brother, George. | 向珍妮和孩子们问好 你的小兄弟乔治敬上 |
[1:38:51] | You know the recovery rate in substance abuse cases like this. | 你应该知道这种精神伤害病例的恢复率 |
[1:38:55] | -Yeah. -Yeah. Very low. | -是的 -知道 非常低 |
[1:38:58] | So, what’s the best way forward? Are you okay for a little bit longer? | 那么 以后最好的方法是什么 你可以再等段时间吗 |
[1:39:03] | Yes. But not too long, please. | 是的 但别太久 拜托 |
[1:39:06] | We’re running out of ideas, and it’s beginning to take its toll. | 我们快没辙了 那已经开始造成伤害了 |
[1:39:10] | Taking him to see our previous child, Ricky. | 带他去见见我们很早以前帮助过的孩子 瑞奇 |
[1:39:15] | Who knows, you know? One kid talking to another. | 谁能明白 你能明白吗 一个孩子在和另一个说话 |
[1:39:30] | -Marie Lelay? -Yes? | -玛丽·勒菜 -什么事 |
[1:39:32] | This is Richard Aronson of Aquarius Books in Santa Fe, New Mexico. | 我是理查德·亚纶森 新墨西哥州圣达菲的宝瓶出版社的 |
[1:39:37] | Excuse me? | 抱歉您说什么 |
[1:39:38] | Aquarius books in Santa Fe? A few months ago, you sent us your book. | 您忘了圣达菲的宝瓶出版社 几个月前 你给我们寄过你的书 |
[1:39:42] | I’m just ringing to say how much we liked it. | 我打电话是想告诉你 我们很喜欢你的书 |
[1:39:44] | Sorry, it’s taken so long, but we loved it, and we’d like to publish it. | 抱歉 过了这么久 但我们确实很喜欢它 并且决定出版你的书 |
[1:39:48] | -Really? -In fact, we’d like to print it | -真的吗 -事实上 我们想在 |
[1:39:50] | in time for a book fair in London in the spring. | 明年春季伦敦书展的时候印刷出版 |
[1:39:53] | -You’re based in Paris? -Yes. | -你住在巴黎吗 -是的 |
[1:39:55] | So, if we were to ask going to London wouldn’t be inconvenient? | 那么 如果我们邀请您去伦敦会不会给您造成不便 |
[1:39:59] | No. No, no, no, not at all. | 不会 不 不 不 完全不会 |
[1:40:01] | That would be a good opportunity to do some publicity. | 做一些宣传是很好的机会 |
[1:40:04] | Maybe a reading. It’s an incredible story. | 可能会办个朗诵会 那真是个不可思议的故事 |
[1:40:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:40:14] | And here we are. | 我们到了 |
[1:40:18] | 48 Doughty Street. | 道提街48号 |
[1:40:21] | Charles Dickens’ home in London, | 查尔斯·狄更斯在伦敦的家 |
[1:40:23] | where he lived with his wife Catherine and their children. | 他和妻子凯瑟琳以及他们的孩子们住在这里 |
[1:40:27] | Anyone know how many children? | 谁知道他们有多少个孩子吗 |
[1:40:31] | Here we are in the main hallway. | 我们现在在主门厅 |
[1:40:33] | -This is the view that greeted the author. -Ten. | -这是作家每次进门时 -10个孩子 |
[1:40:36] | As he walked in each time. | 欢迎他回家的图画 |
[1:40:38] | Everything has been preserved exactly as it was. | 每件东西都是原样重现 |
[1:40:41] | So just follow me up the stairs. We’ll start at the top of the house. | 请跟我上楼 我们从顶层介绍起 |
[1:40:49] | Now we move in to Dickens’ study. | 我们现在走进的是狄更斯的书房 |
[1:40:51] | And directly in front of you, you’ll see an original copy of A Christmas Carol, | 在你们面前 你们看到的是《圣诞颂歌》的原稿 |
[1:40:55] | arguably one of Dickens’ most famous books. | 狄更斯具有争议的最著名的小说之一 |
[1:40:59] | But over here, the thing I expect most of you have come to see. | 这里 有样东西我觉得你们都值得一看 |
[1:41:02] | Dickens’ desk, where he wrote most of his books. | 狄更斯的书桌 在这里他完成了他的大部分著作 |
[1:41:05] | On this wall we have several illustrations for The Mystery of Edwin Drood | 墙上有几幅《德鲁德疑案》里的插图 |
[1:41:10] | the novel Dickens was writing at the time of his death. | 那是狄更斯在生命所剩无几的时候写的小说 |
[1:41:14] | And on the far wall here, a painting loved by Dickens fans. | 这边的墙上 这幅画是狄更斯小说迷们的最爱 |
[1:41:18] | It shows the author asleep at his desk | 画的是作家在书桌上睡着了 |
[1:41:21] | with characters from his novels floating in the air around him. | 他小说中的人物在他周围漂浮着 |
[1:41:25] | Anyone know its name? | 谁知道这幅画的名字 |
[1:41:27] | Dickens’ Dream. | 《狄更斯的梦》 |
[1:41:29] | It’s called Dickens’ Dream. | 它被命名为《狄更斯的梦》 |
[1:41:36] | This way, please. | 这边 请跟我来 |
[1:41:39] | Just gather again at the front of the building. | 请在楼前集合 |
[1:41:49] | Does anyone have any questions? | 谁有什么问题吗 |
[1:41:56] | What is the date today? | 今天几号了 |
[1:41:58] | -Fourteenth. -It is the 14th. Yeah, okay. | -14号 -是14号 好的 谢谢 |
[1:42:05] | I think you’ll like Ricky. | 我想你会喜欢瑞奇的 |
[1:42:07] | He was about your age when he first came to us, and just as shy. | 我们第一次见他时 他和你差不多大小 也和你一样害羞 |
[1:42:12] | Now he’s a grown man. With a job and his own flat. | 现在他长成个大人了 有工作还有自己的公寓 |
[1:42:20] | -He’s in here somewhere. -He said he’d meet us at the front. | -他就在这里的某个地方 -他说在大厅和我们碰面 |
[1:42:23] | Where is he? | 他在哪里 |
[1:42:25] | -Where is he? -Look at this. | -他在哪里 -瞧瞧 |
[1:42:33] | Oh, my God, I hardly recognized you. | 老天 我都认不出你了 |
[1:42:36] | -You gonna arrest us? -Yeah. Not if you behave yourself. | -你要逮捕我们吗 -是的 但如果你们行为规矩些就不会了 |
[1:42:39] | Marcus, this is Ricky. | 马克斯 这是瑞奇 |
[1:42:41] | You all right, mate? | 你还好吧 伙计 |
[1:42:43] | Fancy a coffee first? | 先去喝杯咖啡 |
[1:42:44] | -Yeah, that’s a great idea. -Yeah, great idea. | -好啊 好主意 -没错 好主意 |
[1:42:47] | It’s an amazing place, isn’t it? | 真是个让人惊叹的地方 是吧 |
[1:42:49] | Can I have a look around? | 我能四处看看吗 |
[1:42:52] | Yeah. But meet us back here in one hour, yeah? | 好吧 但一小时后回来这里找我们 好吗 |
[1:42:56] | -Good lad. -Okay? | -好孩子 -好吗 |
[1:43:01] | It’s been nearly a year. He hardly speaks to us. | 快一年了 他几乎没和我们说过话 |
[1:43:04] | Neither did I, remember? | 我当时也没有 记得吗 |
[1:43:06] | This one’s different. He’s not like you. | 这小家伙不一样 他和你不同 |
[1:43:10] | -Let’s have that coffee, yeah? -Yeah. | -我们暍点咖啡 好吗 -好啊 |
[1:43:12] | Oh, lovely. | 好极了 |
[1:43:27] | She is, I do assure you, the winegariest person. | 我向你们保证 他绝对是最具奇幻力量的人 |
[1:43:33] | Mr. Plornish, with a modest disavowal of his merits, | 波利尼逊先生 谦虛地否认自己的优点 |
[1:43:38] | opened the room door for her readmission | 打开房门让她重新进来 |
[1:43:41] | and followed her in with such an exceedingly bald presence | 跟她走进去并非常明显地表示出自己的存在 |
[1:43:44] | of not having been out at all | 就像从没出去过一样 |
[1:43:46] | that her father might have observed it without being very suspicious. | 她的父亲有所察觉 但是没太怀疑 |
[1:43:51] | In his affable unconsciousness, however, he took no heed. | 在他和蔼的毫无提防的意识里 然而 他没听从劝告 |
[1:43:55] | Plornish, after the little conversation, took his leave. | 波利尼逊先生 在简短的对话过后 离开了 |
[1:43:59] | Making the tour of the prison before he left | 在走之前他参观了监狱 |
[1:44:02] | and looking on at a game of skittles | 看了场撞柱戏比赛 |
[1:44:05] | with the mixed feelings of an old inhabitant | 带着老住客的复杂情感 |
[1:44:08] | who had his private reasons for believing | 他有自己的原因深信着 |
[1:44:11] | that it might be his destiny to come back again. | 原来回来就是他的宿命 |
[1:44:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:44:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[1:44:24] | Now, if any of you wish to purchase a CD, I am at your disposal. | 那么 如果大家想购买CD 我很愿意效劳 |
[1:44:29] | -Thank you. -Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢你 |
[1:44:31] | -Hello. -George. | -你好 -我叫乔治 |
[1:44:33] | -To George. -Yeah. George Lonegan. | -致乔治 -对 乔治·洛里根 |
[1:44:35] | To George. | 致乔治 |
[1:44:36] | I’m a. It’s. This is an honor, Mr. Jacobi. | 我是 我太荣幸了 雅克比先生 |
[1:44:40] | I’m a really big fan. You have no idea. | 我是您的大粉丝 您不知道吧 |
[1:44:42] | Thank you. You’re a long way from home. | 谢谢 你大老远来参加我的新书发布会 |
[1:44:45] | -Yes. -Yes. | -是的 -是的 |
[1:44:47] | -Did you enjoy it? -Very much, yes. | -你喜欢听吗 -很喜欢 是的 |
[1:44:53] | -There you are. Thank you. -Thank you so much. Thank you. | -给你 谢谢 -非常感谢 谢谢你 |
[1:44:56] | -Good luck. -Thank you. | -祝你好运 -谢谢 |
[1:45:00] | I felt connected to another world, | 我感受到与另一个世界的联系 |
[1:45:03] | a place of utter peace and tranquility. | 一个极度宁静与平和的世界 |
[1:45:08] | Whether what I saw was a genuine glimpse of the afterlife | 我所看见的不是死亡之后的景象 |
[1:45:13] | or just a concussed fantasy, I’ll probably never know. | 就是脑震荡后的幻象 或许我永远无法明白 |
[1:45:17] | I arrive at the end of my journey with as many question as I started with. | 旅途结束后我内心的疑惑跟启程前一样多 |
[1:45:26] | I certainly never imagined I would be exposed | 当然我从没想到自己以前 |
[1:45:30] | to that kind of prejudice and close-mindedness. | 会有那么大的偏见 还那么无知 |
[1:45:33] | We obviously still have a long way to go | 我们应当以怎么样的一种合理方式 |
[1:45:36] | before we will be able to deal with death and what follows | 来看待死亡及其之后 |
[1:45:41] | in anything approaching a sensible fashion. | 实可谓是任重而道远 |
[1:45:47] | Okay, so if you want to buy my book, I can sign it. | 好了 如果各位想买我的书 我可以为你们签名 |
[1:45:52] | You’re welcome. Thank you. | 欢迎购买 谢谢 |
[1:46:01] | -Hello. What’s your name? -Hello. | -你好 你叫什么 -你好 |
[1:46:03] | -Maria. -Maria. | -玛丽 -玛丽 |
[1:46:11] | -Thank you, Maria. -Thank you very much. | -谢谢 玛丽 -十分感谢 |
[1:46:14] | -Michael. -Michael. Okay. | -迈克尔 -迈克尔 好的 |
[1:46:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:46:24] | Honora. | 奥诺拉 |
[1:46:30] | -Thank you. -Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢你 |
[1:46:32] | -My name’s George. -George. | -我叫乔治 -乔治 |
[1:46:56] | -To Penny. -Sorry? | -致佩妮 -什么 |
[1:46:57] | -Penny. -Penny. | -佩妮 -佩妮 |
[1:47:05] | Wait a minute. I recognize you. | 等等 我认识你 |
[1:47:08] | Sorry? | 什么 |
[1:47:10] | You’re that psychic. | 你是那个通灵师 |
[1:47:13] | No, no. No, you got me mistaken with someone else. | 不 不 不是 你认错人了 |
[1:47:16] | Yes, you are. You’re George Lonegan. | 是 就是你 你是乔治·洛里根 |
[1:47:18] | -I don’t even know who that is. No, I’m not. -You are George Lonegan. | -我不知道你说什么 不是 我不是 -你就是乔治·洛里根 |
[1:47:23] | -You got me. -I need to talk to you. | -你认错 -我需要和你谈谈 |
[1:47:25] | No, you got me mixed up with someone else. | 不行 你肯定认错人了 |
[1:47:28] | Please, I need to talk to you. You’re a psychic. | 拜托 我想和您谈谈 你是通灵师 |
[1:47:30] | I’m not. I’m not who you think I am. | 我不是 我不是你想的那样 |
[1:47:32] | I saw it on the Internet. You are a psychic. | 我在网上看到你了 你就是通灵师 |
[1:47:36] | What? What is it? What do you want? | 什么 这算什么 你想怎样 |
[1:47:39] | If it’s a reading, I have news for you. I don’t do it anymore. | 如果你想通灵 我可告诉你 我不再做那个了 |
[1:47:42] | Now leave me alone. | 别跟着我 |
[1:47:48] | When I look back on this, it was insane. | 当我再次回头看时 一切变得那么疯狂 |
[1:47:51] | The rudder cables became useless and I lost my ability to steer. | 舵绳已经失灵了 我也失去了掌舵的能力 |
[1:47:55] | I was helpless amid the swirling maritime mass of industry. | 在汹涌湍急的波涛里 我束手无策 |
[1:47:59] | The sea had turned malevolently dark. | 海面变得黑漆漆的 |
[1:48:01] | What had once seemed friendly was now a violent monster trying to kill me. | 从前友善的景象 如今好似魔鬼一样向我袭来 |
[1:48:06] | Did you see a Frenchwoman who was here just a few minutes ago? | 你看见几分钟之前在这里的那个法国女人吗 |
[1:48:10] | She’s gone. She left already. | 她走了 已经走了 |
[1:48:14] | You realize you’re in danger | 你意识到自己身处险境 |
[1:48:15] | and dwell on how things might end. I spent every second.” | 想着一切会怎样结束 我却争分夺秒 |
[1:49:17] | -Hi, can I help you? -I’m looking for someone. | -您有什么需要帮助的 -我找个人 |
[1:49:19] | Come on, please. Move along. | 拜托 劳驾 请您出去 |
[1:49:44] | Hill cuts it back nicely, perhaps almost too far. | 希尔一记漂亮回传 恐怕有点太远了 |
[1:49:47] | But it’s gone in! It’s gone in! | 但是球进了 球进了 |
[1:49:50] | Andy Fisher! | 安迪·费舍尔 |
[1:49:53] | You have to question that play. | 你可能不信这种打法 |
[1:50:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:50:12] | We better get you inside. | 我们还是进去吧 |
[1:50:17] | Come on. | 过来 |
[1:50:22] | -What’s your name? -Marcus. | -你叫什么 -马克斯 |
[1:50:35] | Okay. Couple of ground rules before we get started. | 好的 开始之前我来告诉你些基本准则 |
[1:50:41] | I’m sorry about the woman. | 对于那个女人 我很抱歉 |
[1:50:43] | What woman? | 哪个女人 |
[1:50:44] | The woman at the book fair. | 图书展销会那个女人 |
[1:50:47] | I could tell you liked her. | 我知道你喜欢她 |
[1:50:50] | No, I didn’t. | 不 我不 |
[1:50:51] | Yes, you did. So I’m sorry for taking you away. | 是 你就是 抱歉因为我你才走的 |
[1:50:54] | I don’t have any idea what you’re talking about. Here, sit down. | 我不知道你在说什么 来 坐下 |
[1:51:00] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:51:02] | Let’s do this. | 我们开始吧 |
[1:51:05] | Okay, I’m gonna grab your hands, because it seems to help | 好 我会抓住你的手 因为这样会有帮助 |
[1:51:08] | and then I’ll let go. | 一会儿我就会松手 |
[1:51:11] | Don’t worry, I’m not gonna go into any stupid trance or anything like that. | 别担心 我不会装模作样给你催眠什么的 |
[1:51:15] | I just gotta grab them to get a connection, then I’ll let go. Okay? | 我只是握你的手以获得感应 接着我就松手 好吗 |
[1:51:18] | Now, I want you to answer yes or no to everything I ask. | 现在 我要你对我提出的问题回答”是”或”不是” |
[1:51:22] | -You understand? -Yes. | -了解了吗 -是的 |
[1:51:24] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:51:27] | Let’s see them. | 我们来看看 |
[1:51:42] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:51:46] | Okay, someone close to you has passed away? | 好的 和你很亲近的人去世了 |
[1:51:49] | Yes. | 是 |
[1:51:51] | A male? | 男的 |
[1:51:54] | Yes. | 是 |
[1:51:56] | He was young when he died. | 他死的时候很年轻 |
[1:51:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:52:01] | This person your brother? | 他是你兄弟 |
[1:52:08] | Older brother. | 大哥哥 |
[1:52:13] | But not by much, he says. | 没大多少 他说 |
[1:52:17] | Only by a few minutes. | 只大几分钟 |
[1:52:22] | I’m sorry, kid. | 我很抱歉 孩子 |
[1:52:27] | I gotta concentrate. This guy. This guy talks a lot. | 我得集中注意力 这孩子 这孩子说了很多 |
[1:52:31] | Talks fast. | 语速很快 |
[1:52:34] | Got a really weird laugh. | 笑得也很奇怪 |
[1:52:37] | Okay. He says | 好的 他说 |
[1:52:40] | there’s so much he wants to tell you. | 他想告诉你很多事 |
[1:52:44] | You wouldn’t believe how it is. | 你无法相信死亡是怎样的 |
[1:52:47] | How you can be all things | 你在一瞬间 |
[1:52:50] | and all at once. | 能够成为想成为的一切 |
[1:52:54] | And the weightlessness. | 还有失重感 |
[1:52:56] | He says that’s cool. | 他说那真酷 |
[1:53:00] | Now he’s laughing. | 现在他在笑 |
[1:53:03] | He’s got a funny laugh. | 他笑得很开心 |
[1:53:07] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:53:12] | He says how you always looked up to him | 他说你总是崇拜他 |
[1:53:16] | and relied on him to make the decision, | 什么事都依着他来做决定 |
[1:53:20] | how maybe you used that as an excuse. | 那样你就能有个借口 |
[1:53:24] | Is that true? | 是那样吗 |
[1:53:27] | Okay. He says can’t do that anymore. | 好的 他说你不能再那样了 |
[1:53:32] | Now you’re on your own. | 现在你必须独立起来 |
[1:53:36] | Okay, now, hang on, okay, now. Now he’s saying something about a hat. | 好 等等 好 好 现在他又在说帽子的事 |
[1:53:40] | The cap? | 鸭舌帽 |
[1:53:42] | A cap. Okay. | 鸭舌帽 对 |
[1:53:48] | He says to take it off right now. Take it off. | 他让你现在就把帽子摘了 摘下来 |
[1:53:54] | He doesn’t. He’s telling you not to wear it again, | 他不 他告诉你以后别再戴了 |
[1:53:58] | because it was his. | 因为那是他的 |
[1:54:01] | And that’s why he knocked it off your head that day? | 而且那就是为什么那天他把帽子从你头上摘下来 |
[1:54:06] | At the tube? Do you know what he’s talking about? | 在地铁站 你知道他说的是什么事吗 |
[1:54:11] | Okay. | 是的 |
[1:54:14] | He says good thing he did too. | 他说他做了件好事 |
[1:54:24] | And that’s the last time he’s ever looking out for you. | 那也是他最后一次关照你 |
[1:54:29] | I’m sorry. I’m. | 抱歉 我 |
[1:54:34] | I’m sorry, I’m losing him now. He’s leaving. He wants to leave. | 对不起 我和他失去感应了 他走了 他想走了 |
[1:54:43] | No, Jase. | 别 贾斯 |
[1:54:46] | Don’t go. | 别走 |
[1:54:48] | You can’t. Don’t leave me. | 你不能走 别离开我 |
[1:54:51] | I don’t wanna be here without you. | 我不想活在没有你的世界里 |
[1:54:54] | please, Jase, don’t go. I miss you. | 求你了 贾斯 别走 我想你 |
[1:54:57] | Okay, he came back. He’s here. He says, | 好了 他回来了 又回来了 他说 |
[1:55:03] | if you’re worried about being on your own, don’t be. | 如果你担心自己孑然一身 别这样 |
[1:55:08] | You’re not. | 你不是一个人 |
[1:55:09] | Because he is you and you are him. | 因为他就是你 你就是他 |
[1:55:15] | One cell. | 同一个细胞 |
[1:55:16] | One person. | 同一个人 |
[1:55:19] | Always. | 永远都是 |
[1:55:22] | I miss you. | 我想你 |
[1:55:24] | Please, Jase, don’t go. Please come back. | 求求你 贾斯 别走 求你回来 |
[1:55:28] | I miss you so badly. | 我好想你 |
[1:55:33] | Okay, wait. He’s leaving again. Hold on, hold on. I’m sorry. | 好的 等等 他又走了 别急 等会 我很抱歉 |
[1:55:37] | Well, where’s he gone? | 他去哪了 |
[1:55:41] | I’m sorry, kid. I don’t know. | 抱歉 孩子 我不知道 |
[1:55:44] | But you’ve done all those readings. | 可你做过那么多通灵 |
[1:55:48] | I still don’t know. | 但我还是不知道 |
[1:55:51] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:56:01] | Okay. We better get you home. | 好吧 我送你回家 |
[1:56:54] | -Hello? -May Fair. | -喂 -大吉岭酒店 |
[1:56:57] | What? | 什么 |
[1:56:59] | The hotel where she’s staying. The woman you like? | 她住的酒店 你喜欢的那女的 |
[1:57:04] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[1:57:06] | Well, I rang up the publisher and said I heard her speak, | 好吧 我给出版商打电话说我听了她的演讲 |
[1:57:10] | wanted to drop off a letter saying how interesting it was. | 并想给她写封信告诉她那书有多好看 |
[1:57:13] | Anyway, that’s the name. | 不管怎样 她就住那家酒店 |
[1:57:15] | May Fair. | 大吉岭 |
[1:57:16] | Okay, well, that’s really interesting, but what does that have to do with me? | 好吧 那真有趣 不过跟我有什么关系 |
[1:57:22] | Hello? | 喂 |
[1:57:28] | Well, I’ll be. | 好吧 我会去的 |
[1:57:42] | I must be crazy. | 我肯定疯了 |
[1:57:46] | Morning, sir. | 早上好 先生 |
[1:57:51] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:57:53] | -Here’s your room key. Enjoy your stay. -Thank you very much. | -这是您房间的钥匙 享受每一寸光阴 -谢谢 |
[1:57:59] | I’m looking for a guest. Marie Lelay? | 我想找一位房客 玛丽·勒莱 |
[1:58:02] | Okay. Okay. | 好的 好的 |
[1:58:10] | No, there’s no answer from the room, I’m afraid, sir. | 不 房间电话没人接听 恐怕她不在 先生 |
[1:58:13] | Would you like to leave a message? | 您要留个信吗 |
[1:58:17] | No. | 不用了 |
[1:58:19] | Actually, you know what? I would, I would. Do you have a pen and paper? | 事实上 你知道吗 我要留 有纸和笔吗 |
[1:58:23] | Sure. | 当然 |
[1:58:26] | -Pen, paper. -Thank you. | -笔和纸 -谢谢 |
[1:58:29] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[1:59:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:59:47] | This is it. | 就是这了 |
[1:59:51] | Marcus? Good luck. | 马克斯 祝你好运 |
[2:00:18] | Come here. | 过来 |
[2:00:22] | I missed you so much. | 我想死你了 |
[2:00:24] | Oh, Marcus. | 马克斯 |
[2:00:28] | Come here. I missed you so much. | 快过来 想死我了 |
[2:01:51] | Marie? | 玛丽 |
[2:02:08] | -Hello. -Hello. | -你好 -好啊 |