英文名称:Malcolm & Marie
年代:2021
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | [crickets chirping] | |
[00:51] | [car approaching] | |
[01:19] | [car stops] | |
[01:24] | [Malcolm] ♪ I need a friend ♪ | |
[01:28] | ♪ Troubled mind ♪ | |
[01:32] | ♪ One thin dime ♪ | |
[01:36] | ♪ I need a friend ♪ | |
[01:40] | [sighs] | |
[01:51] | [sighs] | |
[01:53] | [“Down and Out in New York City” by James Brown playing loudly on speakers] | |
[02:00] | [singing along] ♪ Hey, man ♪ | |
[02:01] | ♪ I was born in New York City On a Monday ♪ | |
[02:05] | [snapping fingers] | |
[02:07] | ♪ It seems I was out shining shoes ‘Bout two to noon ♪ | |
[02:12] | ♪ All the fat cats in the bad hats… ♪ | |
[02:15] | -♪ Doin’ me a real big favor ♪ -You look good tonight, baby. | 你今晚很美 宝贝 |
[02:18] | [Marie] What? | 什么? |
[02:19] | [singing along] ♪ In the bad hats ♪ | |
[02:21] | ♪ Laying it on real good ♪ | |
[02:23] | ♪ Here’s a dime, boy… ♪ | |
[02:25] | I said you look beautiful tonight. | 我说你今晚很漂亮 |
[02:28] | I can’t hear you! | 我听不见你说话! |
[02:32] | [Malcolm] I said you look beautiful tonight, baby! | 我说你今晚很漂亮 宝贝! |
[02:35] | -[Marie] Thank you. -♪ When the cold wind comes ♪ | 谢谢 |
[02:38] | -♪ It live at New York City ♪ -[Malcolm] Baby! | 宝贝! |
[02:41] | ♪ And the street’s no place to be But there you are ♪ | |
[02:47] | ♪ So you try hard, or you die hard ♪ | |
[02:50] | ♪ No one really gives a good damn ♪ | |
[02:52] | ♪ You try hard, and you die hard ♪ | |
[02:55] | ♪ No one gives a damn ♪ | |
[02:58] | ♪ Here’s a dime, boy Give me a shine, boy ♪ | |
[03:04] | ♪ Down and out in New York City ♪ | |
[03:09] | ♪ Ain’t no way to be But where can you go? ♪ | |
[03:14] | ♪ When you’re down and out In New York City ♪ | |
[03:20] | ♪ I’m never, never Never gonna get that way again ♪ | |
[03:24] | ♪ Ow! ♪ | |
[03:26] | ♪ No, no, no No, no, not me ♪ | |
[03:38] | [Malcolm singing along] ♪ When you need a friend ♪ | |
[03:42] | ♪ Need to have a… ♪ | |
[03:45] | ♪ When you want a friend ♪ | |
[03:47] | [Malcolm] ♪ Ow! ♪ | |
[03:48] | ♪ Gonna get myself together In the morning ♪ | |
[03:53] | ♪ Gonna leave it all like one bad dream ♪ | |
[03:59] | ♪ All the fat cats in the bad hats Doing me a real big favor ♪ | |
[04:04] | ♪ Got the fat cats in the bad hats ♪ | |
[04:06] | [Malcolm] Whoo! | |
[04:07] | ♪ Laying it on real good ♪ | |
[04:10] | ♪ Here’s a dime, boy ♪ | |
[04:11] | ♪ Give me a shine, boy… ♪ | |
[04:14] | Whoo! | |
[04:18] | I’m a little wavy. But life is good. | 我有点得意忘形 因为人生很美好 |
[04:21] | -Because we fucking did it! -[Marie] Did what? | -因为我们他妈成功了! -什么成功了? |
[04:24] | I wrote and directed and premiered a movie | 我自编自导的电影 |
[04:26] | that knocked the audience the fuck out tonight. | 在今晚首映式上他妈征服了观众 |
[04:30] | Did you see that? | 你看见了吗? |
[04:32] | -Did you see that audience? -[Marie] Hmm. | 你看见观众的反应了吗? |
[04:33] | -Baby, did you see that audience? -Mm-hmm. | 你看见观众的反应了吗? |
[04:35] | I said, did you see the audience? | 你看见观众的反应了吗? |
[04:37] | Man, I delivered a fucking knockout punch. | 我把他们彻底征服了 |
[04:40] | The last eight minutes straight, they were sobbing | 最后八分钟 观众都在流泪 |
[04:42] | and when the credits hit, it was like a fucking bomb. | 当演职人员名单出现的时候, 观众的鼓掌声那他妈叫一个热烈 |
[04:47] | [imitates explosion] It’s like a bomb went off. | 真是雷鸣般的掌声 |
[04:51] | [Malcolm grunts] | |
[04:52] | It feels good. | 感觉太好了 |
[04:54] | [laughing] I cannot believe this is real. Baby, I can’t believe this is real. | 我简直不敢相信这是真的 宝贝 |
[04:58] | Afterwards, I talked to six critics. Six or seven of ’em. | 之后我和六个影评人谈了话 六个还是七个来着 |
[05:01] | They was all on a nigga. | 他们对我交口称赞 |
[05:03] | You feel me? | 你明白吗? |
[05:05] | The white guy from Variety loved it. The white guy from IndieWire loved it. | 《综艺》的那个白人很喜欢 独立电影网的那个白人很喜欢 |
[05:08] | The white woman from the LA Times, she really loved it. | 《洛杉矶时报》的那白女人特别喜欢 |
[05:11] | She kept saying that I’m the next Spike Lee, | 她不停说我是下一个斯派克李 |
[05:13] | the next Barry Jenkins, the next John Singleton. | 下一个巴里杰金斯 下一个约翰辛格顿 |
[05:16] | I just looked at her, like, “What about William Wyler?” | 我看着她 问了一句 “那我是下一个威廉惠勒吗?” |
[05:19] | You could tell, for three whole seconds, she was like, “Was William Wyler Black?” | 大概有整整三秒 她的表情就像是说 |
[05:24] | [scoffs] Sh-yeah! | “威廉惠勒是黑人吗?” 然后她突然意识到 |
[05:26] | [chuckles] And then she realized, “Oh… shit. That’s racist too.” | “妈的 这也是种族歧视” |
[05:32] | She got flushed. Face red. That shit had me dying. | 然后她脸红了 看见她这样 我都快笑死了 |
[05:35] | Marie, that was hilarious. | 玛丽 真的特搞笑 |
[05:38] | And she kept stumbling over her words, saying shit like, | 然后她说话开始打结 说什么 |
[05:40] | [imitating woman] “The movie was so emotional.” | “电影情绪很饱满” “马尔科姆 我激动得有点迷糊了 |
[05:43] | “I– Malcolm, I couldn’t even think straight. Oh, my God, Malcolm.” | 哦 天啊 马尔科姆” |
[05:47] | “Just, just, Malcolm. Malcolm.” | 不停地感叹“马尔科姆” |
[05:50] | “Oh.” | |
[05:51] | [chuckles] | |
[05:53] | Yeah, it was like a super white moment. | 简直就是一个白人风格很典型的时刻 |
[05:56] | What was interesting, though, | 不过有意思的是 |
[05:57] | was that you can tell that because I’m Black, as the director, | 我看得出来 就因为我这个导演是黑人 |
[06:01] | and the woman is a Black lead, stars in the film, | 女主演也是黑人 |
[06:04] | she’s already trying to frame it through a political lens, | 她就一直用政治框定我的电影 |
[06:07] | when in reality, it’s a film about a girl trying to get clean. | 可其实这电影只不过是 讲一个女孩戒毒的故事 |
[06:11] | Now, are there certain obstacles, because she’s a Black woman? | 诚然 因为她是黑人女性 肯定会碰上一些障碍 |
[06:15] | I mean, hell yeah. | 当然会 |
[06:16] | Right? That’s reality, too, but it’s not a film about race. | 这确实是现实情况 可这电影探讨的不是种族问题 |
[06:20] | No. It’s about shame, it’s about guilt, and how that shit is inescapable. | 完全不是 它探讨的是羞耻和内疚 以及它如何无法避免 |
[06:24] | And it annoys me that so many of these journalists | 还有一点让我厌烦的是 很多记者 |
[06:27] | can’t help but to flex their college education. | 总是忍不住炫耀自己受过的大学教育 |
[06:30] | Malcolm, you have a college education. | 马尔科姆 你也受过大学教育 |
[06:33] | Yeah, but I’m not academic, baby. I’m not elitist about my shit. | 没错 可我不是学者 我的电影不搞精英主义 |
[06:36] | I’m not trying to make a film for the three people | 我拍电影 |
[06:39] | in my media studies class that I respect. | 不是为给媒体研究课上 我尊敬的三个人看 |
[06:41] | -I am a filmmaker. -Hmm. | 我是电影制作人 |
[06:43] | -Right? -Mm-hmm. | 对吧? |
[06:44] | -Am I a filmmaker, baby? That’s right. -Mm-hmm. | 我是电影制作人吗 宝贝? 我是 说得没错 |
[06:48] | And I’m going to be part of the larger conversation about filmmaking | 我一定要参与 电影制作中更广泛的议题 |
[06:51] | without always having some white-ass writer | 不能让某些白人烂作者 |
[06:54] | making it about race ’cause it’s fucking convenient. | 总把我的电影往种族问题上扣 这么做也太他妈轻巧了 |
[06:59] | You know, I could see– I could see the reviews now. | 我现在都可以预料 这些人会怎么写影评 |
[07:01] | It goes something like this. This is how they be writin’ and shit. | 他们肯定会这么写 |
[07:04] | [affectedly] “This film is an acute study of the horrors…” | “这部电影深刻呈现了 什么什么的‘恐怖’” |
[07:08] | They like to use words like that. | 他们喜欢用“恐怖”之类的词 |
[07:10] | “…the horrors of systemic racism in this mental healthcare industry.” | “…深刻呈现了心理保健行业 |
[07:14] | [scoffs] | 制度性种族歧视的恐怖” |
[07:15] | Instead of it being a commercial film | 而不说它是一部 |
[07:17] | about a drug-addicted girl trying to get her shit together. | 讲述一个女孩努力戒毒的商业电影 |
[07:19] | I mean, these people, these fucking people are so pedantic. | 这些影评人太他妈迂腐了 |
[07:23] | -[R&B song playing softly] -They are. I mean, we get it. | 真迂腐 我们也知道他们迂腐 |
[07:26] | You’re smart. We get it. You’re woke. We get it. | 影评人你很聪明 你是觉醒的人 我们知道 |
[07:28] | Let us, us artists, have some fucking fun with the shit. | 所以就麻烦你们让我们这些 搞艺术的人开开心心搞艺术 |
[07:32] | Let us have fun with the art. | 让我们开开心心搞艺术 |
[07:33] | Malcolm, you’re writing the Angela Davis biopic right now. | 你不是正在写 安吉拉戴维斯的传记片吗? |
[07:37] | Yeah, but that’s different. That’s different. | 没错 可这是两回事 |
[07:40] | I’m choosing to make a film that’s fundamentally political, | 我选择拍一部 在本质上探讨政治的电影 |
[07:43] | but not everything I do is political because I’m Black. | 但不能因为我是黑人 就觉得我做的一切都关乎政治 |
[07:46] | Yeah, I think Angela Davis would disagree with you. | 我觉得戴维斯应该不会认同你的看法 |
[07:48] | -[laughing] She– She would, huh? -Mm-hmm. | 没错 |
[07:51] | For real, though, like, if I decide to make… | 不过说真的 如果哪天 |
[07:54] | a fucking LEGO movie, it’s not because I want to tell a story | 我决定拍部乐高系列电影 那么原因可能不是因为我想讲一个 |
[07:57] | about how the building blocks of the American empire was slave labor. | 关于美帝国的基石是奴隶劳动的故事 |
[08:01] | I may just wanna make a LEGO movie. | 而可能是我就是想拍乐高电影而已 |
[08:04] | -You don’t wanna make a LEGO movie. -[chuckles] Yeah, that’s true. | -但你并不想拍乐高电影 -确实 |
[08:07] | But that LEGO movie was fire. That shit was heat! Right? | 不过乐高电影特别火! |
[08:11] | And you’ve never gotten a good review in your life. | -对吧? -你迄今还没得到过好的影评 |
[08:14] | -Damn, baby, that’s… You right, though. -[both laugh] | 妈的 这事…你说对了 |
[08:17] | And you’re complaining about reviews that haven’t yet been written. | 而你这会儿还在为了 还没发表的影评发牢骚 |
[08:21] | Right again. | 你又说对了 |
[08:22] | So, stop. Makes you sound like an asshole. | 所以别发牢骚了 你这种牢骚听上去很混蛋 |
[08:25] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[08:26] | But shit, you know what I’m saying, though. | 但你知道我的意思 |
[08:28] | Yeah, but save it for another day. | 没错 还是等影评出来了再发牢骚吧 |
[08:32] | [Malcolm] Yeah. | 是啊 |
[08:33] | You’re complaining about the white girl from LA Times | 你吐槽《洛杉矶时报》的那个白女人 |
[08:35] | ’cause she gave you a bad review that one time. | 无非是因为 她给你的一部电影写过差评 |
[08:37] | Aw, she didn’t just give a bad review. | 她可不止是给了差评 |
[08:39] | She gave a dumb-ass review. There is a difference. | 她那影评完全是烂评 差评和烂评有本质区别 |
[08:41] | Malcolm, you won. Okay? | 马尔科姆 你赢了 行吗? |
[08:43] | She’s comparing you to Spike Lee and Barry Jenkins. | 她可把你比作了 斯派克李和巴里杰金斯 |
[08:45] | But she’s such a mediocre-ass writer. | 可她是个平庸的影评人 |
[08:47] | Fine, you’re not the next Spike Lee or Barry Jenkins. | 行 你不是下一个 斯派克李或巴里杰金斯 |
[08:50] | -Doubt she knows who William Wyler is. -I don’t know William Wyler. | -我怀疑她都不知道威廉惠勒是谁 -我也不知道 |
[08:52] | -Is it ready, babe? -Mm-hmm. | 快做好了吗 |
[08:54] | Here comes the mac and cheese. | 宝贝? 马上就可以吃奶酪通心粉了 |
[08:55] | -You don’t know who William Wyler is? -No. | -你不知道威廉惠勒是谁? -不知道 |
[08:57] | Oh, man. He did The Best Years of Our Lives. | 天啊 他是《黄金时代》的导演 |
[09:00] | Sh– Shit was heat. Ben-Hur? | 那电影特别火 《宾虚》也是他导的 |
[09:03] | He’s one of the most versatile filmmakers of all time. | 他是多才多艺的一个电影人 |
[09:05] | I mean, Wuthering Heights. | 还导过《呼啸山庄》 |
[09:06] | Heads-up. | 重磅的来了 |
[09:08] | Roman Holiday. | 《罗马假日》也是他导的 |
[09:10] | Yeah, some classics. | 都是经典作品 |
[09:13] | It’s different, though. You don’t work in film. | 不过不一样 你又不是搞电影的 |
[09:18] | You’re right, Malcolm, I don’t. | 没错 |
[09:19] | [“Selfish” by Little Simz playing] ♪ Guess I’m in denial ♪ | 马尔科姆 |
[09:24] | ♪ Maybe I’m wrong, you’re right ♪ ♪ Heard it all my life… ♪ | 我不是 |
[09:29] | Did you have fun tonight? | -你今晚过得开心吗? |
[09:31] | -[Marie] It was nice. -[chuckles] | -不错 |
[09:34] | “Nice.” | “不错” |
[09:36] | The entire night while I was talking to all those sweet, smiling, rich people who, | 我整晚都在跟那些富人聊天 他们脸上堆着笑容 显得十分亲切 |
[09:40] | a month ago, wouldn’t give me the time of day, I just kept looking at you. | 这些人一个月前鸟都不鸟我 当时我一直看着你 |
[09:45] | And I think to myself, “God, you’re the most gorgeous creature on planet Earth.” | 心里想着 “天啊 你简直是地球上最美的人” |
[09:50] | [kisses] And the sexiest too. | 也是最性感的人 |
[09:51] | I mean, there’s nobody sexier. Even Anthony said it. | 没人比你性感 |
[09:55] | [Marie] Hmm. | 安东尼也是这么说的 |
[09:57] | [kisses] I mean, not in a bad way. | 我意思不是指那种不好的性感 |
[10:00] | -[kisses] In a positive way. -Hmm. | 是指那种好的性感 |
[10:02] | [jazz music playing] | |
[10:03] | [Malcolm breathing heavily and kissing] | |
[10:07] | When I’d see you… | 当我看着你… |
[10:10] | with your cranberry and soda… | 手里拿着蔓越莓苏打水… |
[10:14] | smiling, chopping it up… | 和人谈笑风生的时候 |
[10:17] | And I’d think, “God, how fucking lucky am I?” | 我心想 “天啊 我他妈怎么这么幸运?” |
[10:23] | -I couldn’t wait to get you home. -Aww, that’s so sweet. | -然后我就迫不及待想和你赶紧回家 -说得真浪漫 |
[10:27] | Hold your cute little ass and kiss it. | 想抓着你的小美臀一个劲亲吻 |
[10:31] | Tell you that I love you. | 想跟你说我爱你 |
[10:36] | I love you, Marie. | 我爱你 玛丽 |
[10:37] | -Do you want salted or unsalted butter? -[softly] I’ll just have you. | 你想要加盐还是不加盐的黄油? |
[10:40] | [kissing] | 我只想要你 |
[10:44] | What was that? | 这是什么意思? |
[10:46] | -What? -That was a fake-ass smile. | -什么? -你在假笑 |
[10:47] | -No, it wasn’t. -Swear to God, it was. | -我没假笑 -你那绝对是假笑 |
[10:49] | [Marie] No, it wasn’t. It was nothing. | 没有 没有假笑 |
[10:51] | Bullshit, I can fucking read you. I know when nothing is something. | 鬼扯 我能看出你的心思 你有没有假笑我看得出来 |
[10:54] | Well, maybe you can’t read me. | 也许你不能看出我的心思 |
[10:57] | No, I can read you. | 不 我看得出来 |
[10:59] | -I haven’t eaten all night. -That’s not what this is. | -那是因为我整晚都没吃东西 -不是这个原因 |
[11:01] | It’s 1:00 in the morning. Can we eat and go to sleep? | 现在是凌晨一点 我们吃点东西就睡觉好吗? |
[11:03] | Please, Marie. I really don’t wanna fight tonight. | 拜托 玛丽 我今晚真的不想吵架 |
[11:06] | Neither do I. That is why I’m making you mac and cheese. | 我也不想 所以我才给你做奶酪通心粉 |
[11:12] | So you are angry. | 这么说你现在确实生气了 |
[11:13] | No. | 没有 |
[11:15] | -Was it the thing that Anthony said? -No. | -是不是因为安东尼说的话? -不是 |
[11:17] | -The joke about you being a model? -No. | -拿你模特说笑? -不是 |
[11:19] | Wouldn’t take it seriously. He’s old and from a totally different era. | 你别当真 他年纪大 想法和我们完全不是一个时代的 |
[11:22] | I didn’t take it personally. | 我没往心里去 |
[11:24] | -Promise? -Promise. | -当真? -当真 |
[11:27] | -Was it Taylor? -No. | -是因为泰勒吗? -不是 |
[11:29] | -You sure? -Yes. | -确定吗? -确定 |
[11:31] | -I know you get weird around Taylor. -I do not get weird around Taylor. | -你在泰勒旁边时举止很奇怪 -我在她旁边时举止没有很奇怪 |
[11:34] | -You get meek. -“Meek”? Huh, really? | -你会变成一副温顺的样子 -“温顺”?真的假的? |
[11:38] | -Well, you don’t talk a lot. -Well, that’s different from being meek. | -你会变得很沉默 -沉默和温顺是两回事 |
[11:41] | -I just mean– -What? | -我是说… -什么? |
[11:42] | Meek implies that I’m shy or small. That she’s the queen of fucking England. | 温顺暗指害羞或者畏缩 你当她是他妈英国女王呢? |
[11:46] | -I didn’t mean it like that. I meant– -What? | 我不是那个意思 |
[11:48] | What? | 我是指… 指什么? |
[11:50] | -She’s a movie star. -Hmm. | 她是电影明星 |
[11:52] | -She’s about to become a movie star. -Don’t jinx her, Malcolm. | -她马上就会成为电影明星 -你这么说会给她带来霉运的 |
[11:56] | I have nothing nice to say to Taylor, so I don’t talk to Taylor. | 我和她没什么好说的 所以我才沉默 |
[11:58] | -It has nothing to do with being meek. -It’s just… she notices. | -这可不是温顺 -可是她注意到了 |
[12:03] | Really? | 是吗? |
[12:05] | -Really. -How do you know? | -是的 -你怎么知道的? |
[12:07] | -‘Cause I just do. -Really? | -我看得出来 -是吗? |
[12:09] | She sees how you are with other people. You’re talkative. You’re funny. | 她看见过你和别人相处时的样子 很健谈 很幽默 |
[12:12] | What can I say? I’m personable. | 这大概说明我挺讨人喜欢的吧 |
[12:14] | [chuckles] Right. Which is what makes her insecure. | 没错 所以这就让她没有安全感 |
[12:16] | What does? Other fucking human beings with personalities? | 什么让她没有安全感? 其他他妈有个性的人吗? |
[12:19] | [chuckles] No. The fact that you’re not yourself and she sees it. | 不 |
[12:23] | [blows] | 是你在她旁边和在别人旁边时 判若两人让她没安全感 |
[12:24] | She’ll survive. | 她能挺过去的 |
[12:29] | [Malcolm] Hmm. | |
[12:31] | So why you angry? | 那你为什么生气? |
[12:32] | [jazz music becomes louder] | |
[12:34] | Marie, you’re angry. | 玛丽 你确实是在生气 |
[12:35] | Marie, what you angry about? | 玛丽 为什么生气? |
[12:37] | Marie. | 玛丽! |
[12:39] | -Marie? -[dish clatters] | |
[12:41] | Marie! | |
[12:43] | Marie. | |
[12:46] | Marie, talk to me. | 玛丽 你说话呀 |
[13:02] | I promise you, it’s not a good idea. Let’s just talk tomorrow. | 现在谈这事绝对不是好主意 我们明天再谈吧 |
[13:04] | -But you’re upset with me. -It’s not that big of a deal. | -我知道你是对我不爽 -没什么大不了的 |
[13:07] | I can’t go to bed knowing you’re angry. | 你生气会让我睡不着觉 |
[13:08] | Malcolm, I promise you, | 马尔科姆 我跟你保证 |
[13:10] | nothing productive is going to be said tonight. | 我们现在谈这事绝对没好处 |
[13:13] | -How do you know? -Because I know you. | -你怎么知道? -因为我了解你 |
[13:16] | -What does that mean? -And I love you. | -这是什么意思? -而且我爱你 |
[13:17] | What does that mean? | 这是什么意思? |
[13:19] | It means you are literally incapable of de-escalating a situation | 意思是 出状况的时候 你完全没法让事态降温 |
[13:22] | unless it’s work-related. Even then, it’s 50-50. | 哪怕是工作上的状况 |
[13:25] | [blows raspberry] Why is it that anytime anything good happens, | 被你成功降温的概率都只是一半 为什么每次有好事发生的时候 |
[13:28] | you have to find something, anything, | 你总要找一些事情… |
[13:29] | the most minor fucking detail to harp on, to make ugly, | 一些鸡毛蒜皮的事情 让自己怄气 破坏气氛 |
[13:33] | to ensure that there’s no reason to fucking celebrate. | 搞到最后我们没法庆祝? |
[13:36] | -Really? You wanna go there? -Yes. | -是吗?你要说这个? -对 |
[13:38] | -Okay. -All right, then. What is it? | -行 -那说吧 到底是因为什么事? |
[13:41] | -Your speech, Malcolm. -Oh, give me a break. | -因为你的发言 马尔科姆 -拜托 |
[13:44] | You’re outside of your mind. | 你简直有病 |
[13:45] | When I said you find the most minor detail to make it ugly, I meant it. | 我说你总会找鸡毛蒜皮的事情 搞得大家都不开心 |
[13:48] | [grunts] You forgot to thank me, Malcolm. It’s not a minor detail. That’s a big one. | 一点都没错 你发言时忘了感谢我 这可不是鸡毛蒜皮的小事 |
[13:53] | But I’ve thanked you a million times before. | 可我之前已经感谢过你无数次了 |
[13:55] | You know that I’m thankful. You know I’m appreciative. | 我心怀感激和感恩 这是你知道的 |
[13:57] | You know I made a mistake, so why turn it into something more? | 是我错了 可你干嘛要小题大做? |
[14:00] | Because it is more. | -这不是小题 |
[14:02] | What? | -什么? |
[14:03] | It’s our entire fucking relationship in a nutshell. | 简而言之 这事关乎我俩的总体关系 |
[14:05] | -Oh, you can’t be serious. -I’m dead serious. | -你是在开玩笑吗? -我绝对没开玩笑 |
[14:08] | -You’re psychotic. -You’re hyperbolic. | -你有病 -你夸张 |
[14:09] | I’m not. It’s psychotic to think | 我才没夸张 你就是有病 |
[14:11] | that forgetting to thank you is symbolic of anything | 我忘了感谢你 就纯粹只是忘了感谢你 |
[14:13] | other than me legitimately forgetting to fucking thank you. | 你竟然觉得这代表别的意思 |
[14:16] | You thanked 112 fucking people tonight. | 你今晚致谢了他妈112个人 |
[14:18] | You thanked your mother, your gaffer, your agents, your third grade teacher, | 包括你妈、你的灯光指导 你的经纪人、你三年级的老师 |
[14:21] | the usher at the theater when you were 12 and saw whatever the fuck. | 你12岁时常去的电影院的接待员 |
[14:24] | -Didn’t thank the usher. -You know what I mean. | -我没有 -你知道我是什么意思 |
[14:26] | You don’t have to be sarcastic, petty and obnoxious about the shit. | 你没必要讽刺、小气、惹人讨厌 |
[14:29] | I’m sorry. I forgot to thank you. | 对不起 忘了感谢你是我的错 |
[14:30] | I am genuinely sorry, | 我真心感到抱歉 |
[14:32] | which is why I apologized to you a thousand times during the movie. | 所以后来放映电影的时候 我才不停地他妈跟你道歉 |
[14:36] | I felt so guilty, I couldn’t concentrate on the movie. | 我当时很内疚 都没法专心看电影了 |
[14:38] | Huh. That’s a shame. You’ve only seen it 7,000 times. | 那还真是遗憾呢 那电影你之前都看一万遍了 |
[14:41] | Every time I’d lean over and said, “I’m sorry,” you said it was fine. | 可每次我转头跟你说对不起的时候 你不是都说没事吗? |
[14:44] | You squeezed my hand and said it was fine. | 你握着我的手说没事 |
[14:46] | You said, “I love you. Don’t worry. It’s fine.” | 你说:“我爱你 别多想 没事” |
[14:52] | Well, Malcolm, I changed my mind. | 那这么说吧 我现在想法变了 |
[14:56] | How can you just change your mind? | 这种想法还能变? |
[14:58] | Honestly, it’s pretty fucking easy. | 是他妈可以说变就变的 |
[15:00] | That doesn’t seem a little crazy to you? | 你不觉得这样有点神经病? |
[15:03] | -Nope. -It doesn’t? | -不觉得 -不觉得? |
[15:05] | -Nope. -Why? | -不觉得 -为什么? |
[15:07] | Well, because when I was in the theater, it didn’t matter. | 因为我在电影院的时候 确实没有介意 |
[15:09] | Wasn’t that big of a deal. It was fine. | 觉得没什么大不了的 没事 |
[15:11] | Until the after-party, when every single person, | 可在电影放映之后的派对上 每个人 |
[15:13] | from your mother to Taylor, kept coming up to me and going, | 无论是你妈还是泰勒 都走过来跟我说 |
[15:17] | “You know, I bet you’re probably a little bit upset right now | “你现在肯定有些难过吧 |
[15:20] | because he forgot to thank you, but you know how much he depends on you.” | 他忘了感谢你 不过你明白的 他特别依赖你” |
[15:24] | [Malcolm] Taylor said that? | 泰勒说过这种话? |
[15:25] | -Yeah. She told me not to read into it. -What the hell does that mean? | 对 她叫我不要多想 什么意思? |
[15:29] | Funny you should say that. That’s the exact thought I had. | 你这么问倒是有趣 我当时脑子里也冒出这个问题 |
[15:31] | -I didn’t cheat on you. -I didn’t ask. | -我没有出轨 -我没问这问题 |
[15:33] | -Just saying– -Didn’t ask. | -我意思是… -我没问 |
[15:34] | -Well, I’m just saying– -I didn’t ask. | -我意思只是… |
[15:36] | [“Yum Yum (Gimme Some)” by The Fatback Band playing] [pops lips] | -我没问这问题 |
[15:41] | It’s not just about you forgetting to thank me, Malcolm. | 这件事的重点不在于你没感谢我 马尔科姆 |
[15:44] | It’s about how you see me. | 而在于你怎么看待我 |
[15:45] | And how you view my contribution, not just to this relationship, | 你怎么看待我的贡献 不只是对我俩关系的贡献 |
[15:49] | but to your work. | 还有对你的工作的贡献 |
[15:50] | Specifically in a movie you made about my life. ♪ My name is Yum Yum Gimme some ♪ ♪ My name is Yum Yum Gimme some ♪ ♪ My name is Yum Yum Gimme some ♪ -[door slams shut] -♪ And it better be good, better be good ♪ | 具体说就是我对你这部电影的贡献 |
[16:04] | ♪ And it better be good Real good… ♪ [song slowly fades out] [crickets chirping] [sighs] [blows] | 你这部电影讲的是我 |
[17:00] | [shouting] You know, Marie… | 你知道吗 玛丽? |
[17:03] | you are genuinely… | 你的精神确实是…不稳定 |
[17:05] | unstable. | |
[17:13] | [grunts softly] | |
[17:15] | I’m not kidding! | 我不是在开玩笑! |
[17:18] | Hmm. | |
[17:20] | Mmm. | |
[17:22] | I’m actually concerned for your mental well-being! | 我现在真心担忧你的精神状况! |
[17:26] | -[fork scraping] -Hmm. [clears throat] | |
[17:29] | Hmm. | |
[17:30] | [chair scraping] | |
[17:33] | Obviously, there are certain similarities. | 你和伊玛妮的确有相似的地方 |
[17:36] | But Imani’s not based on you. | 可伊玛妮的原型不是你 |
[17:38] | [spoon tapping on pot] | |
[17:41] | You’re fucking delusional! | 你他妈太自作多情了! |
[17:47] | [sighs] | |
[17:52] | In what fucking universe is Imani’s character based on you? | 伊玛妮的原型 怎么就他妈成了你了? |
[17:56] | Really? | 不会吧? |
[17:58] | Are you actually yelling and belittling me from across this house | 你隔着大半个屋子 对我大吼大叫贬低我 |
[18:01] | because you are too busy eating mac and cheese? | 居然是因为你正忙着吃奶酪通心粉! |
[18:04] | -What? -[imitates Malcolm] “What?” | -什么? -“什么?” |
[18:06] | -I’m not. -Don’t fucking lie! | -不是这样的 -别他妈撒谎了 |
[18:08] | -You literally just got seconds. -No, I didn’t. | -而且你居然还重新盛了一碗 -我没有 |
[18:10] | Do you know how disturbing it is | 这真的让我很不安 |
[18:12] | that you can compartmentalize to such a degree | 你一心二用竟然可以到这种程度 |
[18:14] | that you can abuse me while eating mac and cheese? | 能一边虐待我一边吃奶酪通心粉 |
[18:16] | -Abuse you? -Mac and cheese I fucking made you. | -虐待你? -还是我给你做的奶酪通心粉 |
[18:18] | -Abuse you? -Verbally abuse me. | -虐待你? -言语上辱骂我 |
[18:20] | Thanks for the clarification. It’s kind of an important one. | 还真是多谢你澄清 还挺重要 |
[18:22] | But verbally abuse you? Get out of here. | 可要说我言语上辱骂你?你歇歇吧 |
[18:24] | If you’re gonna treat me like an insane person and call me crazy, | 如果你硬要把我 当成一个神经病来对待 说我是疯子 |
[18:28] | the least you could do is do it without casually eating macaroni and cheese. | 你好歹不要同时悠闲地吃奶酪通心粉 |
[18:31] | How does that work for you? | 你是怎么做到一心二用的呢? |
[18:33] | What does that sound like in your fucking brain? | 你脑子里是他妈怎么想的呢? |
[18:36] | “What a cunt! Mmm. This macaroni and cheese is delicious.” | “这贱人真讨厌! 哎呀 奶酪通心粉真好吃” |
[18:38] | “What a cunt. I wonder if there’s more.” | “贱人真讨厌 奶酪通心粉还有吗?” |
[18:40] | “What a cunt. If I could direct commercials for Kraft, I would.” | “卡夫奶酪通心粉要是找我拍广告 我一定答应” |
[18:43] | Say whatever you want. | 你想说什么随便你 |
[18:44] | Get pissed off I didn’t thank you, Anthony said that joke about you being a model, | 你要发火尽管发 说我没感谢你 说安东尼对你开了玩笑 |
[18:48] | that Taylor said whatever the fuck Taylor said– | 说泰勒跟你说了他妈什么话… |
[18:50] | -It was mean. -Well, she’s an actor. | -那话很毒 -谁叫她是演员呢? |
[18:52] | All night I had to watch you two smile and take pictures together. | 一个整个晚上我就看着你俩 在一起说说笑笑拍合照 |
[18:55] | -She’s the lead in my film! -I know. I don’t care. | -因为她是我电影的女主角! -我知道 我不管 |
[18:58] | It’s my job to make her feel comfortable. | 让她感觉惬意是我的工作 |
[19:00] | -Not at my expense. -Actually, it is. | -但不能让我不开心 -这没办法 |
[19:01] | Despite how you fucking feel about it, it is my job. | 不管你心里有多不舒服 那就是我的工作 |
[19:04] | -You’d never forget to thank her. -Jesus Christ! | -你绝不会忘了感谢她 -苍天啊! |
[19:06] | -You wouldn’t. -‘Cause she’s psychotic. | -你绝不会 -因为她那人有病 |
[19:08] | No, because she would flip the fuck out | 你不会忘的 不然她会发飙 |
[19:09] | and spend the night making you pay for it so you’d never let that shit happen again. | 一整个晚上都让你难堪 搞到你绝不敢再次忘了感谢她 |
[19:13] | You’re saying you’re not nuts enough. | 所以你意思是你不够神经病 不是 |
[19:15] | No. What I’m saying is you spend your entire life | 我的意思是 你从来都特别照顾 |
[19:18] | catering to the feelings and the whims of literally everyone but me. | 每个人的感受和愿望 唯独不照顾我的感受 |
[19:22] | Agents, producers, crew members, actors, | 经纪人、制片人、工作人员、演员 |
[19:26] | fucking fictional characters get more respect | 就连他妈虚构的角色 |
[19:29] | and empathy from you than I do. | 从你这里得到的尊重和理解都比我多 |
[19:32] | And… [scoffs] That’s what’s so odd about this whole fucking situation, | 这种状况实在很诡异 |
[19:36] | because I get it. Taylor is wonderful in the film. | 但我现在懂了 泰勒在这电影里的表现是很棒 |
[19:39] | But when you get up there and you talk about | 可当你在台上谈论 |
[19:41] | her ability to breathe life into the character of Imani | 是她给伊玛妮这个角色注入生命时 |
[19:43] | without ever mentioning that if I didn’t live my life, she wouldn’t exist, | 你却从不提一件事 就是如果没有我的人生经历 这个角色就不会存在 |
[19:49] | it’s kind of fucking weird. | 你这样实在太奇怪了 |
[19:50] | Imani is not based on you. | 伊玛妮的原型不是你 |
[19:52] | She’s a 20-year-old drug addict trying to get clean. Just a fucking coincidence? | 她是个想戒毒的20岁瘾君子 这也太巧合了吧 |
[19:55] | Obviously, you getting clean was a part of the inspiration. | 你戒毒的过程当然 是这个故事灵感的一部分 |
[19:57] | -At 20? -Yes. | -20岁呢? -也是 |
[19:59] | And you provide genuine insight into that. | 而且你也给这电影贡献了很好的意见 |
[20:01] | What that was like. But Imani is not based on you. | 不管具体是什么意见 但伊玛妮的原型不是你 |
[20:03] | It’s an amalgamation of different things, a bunch of things. | 而是各种各样的事情汇集而成的原型 |
[20:06] | Who? | 那是谁? |
[20:09] | People! | 很多人! |
[20:10] | What people? | 哪些人? |
[20:13] | A lot of different people. | 很多不同的人 |
[20:15] | [Marie] Mmm. | |
[20:17] | -Like my cousin. Rick, for one. -Okay. | -我堂弟里克就是一个 -好吧 |
[20:19] | -A lot of different people and things. -Your cousin. | -灵感来自很多不同的人和事情 -你堂弟 |
[20:25] | -[sighs] -You know what, Malcolm? | 你知道吗 马尔科姆? |
[20:29] | I feel like once you know someone is there for you and once you know they love you, | 我感觉一旦你知道有个人 会总是陪着你、爱着你 |
[20:34] | you never actually think of them again. | 你就不会再为这个人操心了 |
[20:37] | That’s not true. | 不是这样的 |
[20:39] | It’s not until you’re about to lose someone that you pay attention. | 只有等到你即将失去这个人的时候 你才会注意到 |
[20:43] | -Is that what this is? -What? | -这就是你的真实目的吗? -什么? |
[20:45] | Is what you’re threatening… | 你是在威胁我是吗? |
[20:47] | if I don’t apologize, I’m going to lose you? | 我如果不道歉就会失去你 对吗? |
[20:50] | I’m not looking for an apology. | 我说这些话不是为了让你道歉 |
[20:52] | -What do you want? A screenplay credit? -Don’t be cruel. | -那为了什么?把你也算作编剧? -别这么残忍 |
[20:55] | I’m serious. I know we talk for hours about work. | 我是说真的 我知道我为了这工作 经常和你长谈 |
[20:57] | Is it so much of a nuisance that you’d like compensation? | 是不是你觉得很烦所以想要求补偿? |
[21:00] | I had a draft of the script before you ever came into my life. | 你走进我的生活之前 我已经写好了剧本草稿 |
[21:04] | It’s not about credit. I don’t want fucking credit. | 这无关创作功劳的归属问题 我不想争什么功劳 |
[21:06] | Well, what is it, Marie? What do you want? | 那你到底想要什么 玛丽? |
[21:11] | The film is beautiful. | 你这电影拍得很好 |
[21:13] | I’m proud of you. | 我为你感到骄傲 |
[21:15] | Took forever to make and it was tough, but I have one question. | 你拍了很久才完成 拍得很艰难 但我问你个问题 |
[21:18] | Do you think that the movie would be as good as it is if we weren’t together? | 你觉得如果我们俩没在一起 这部电影还能拍得像现在这样好吗? |
[21:28] | No. | 不能 |
[21:33] | And that’s all I wish you would have said. | 这就是我希望你说的话 |
[21:44] | Great. | 很好 |
[21:46] | Are we no longer fighting? | 我们可以休战了吗? |
[21:51] | That depends. | 看情况 |
[21:54] | On what? | 看什么情况? |
[21:55] | On whether you can manage to not say something hurtful | 看你今晚余下时间能不能克制自己 |
[21:57] | for the rest of the night. | 不说伤人的话 |
[22:02] | I mean, I’m not that bad. | 我没那么差劲吧 |
[22:03] | [inhales sharply] | |
[22:05] | Fuck you aren’t. [sighs] | 你就是有这么差劲 |
[22:11] | Can I kiss you? | 我能吻你吗? |
[22:13] | No. | 不能 |
[22:17] | -Are you sure? -Mm-hmm. | 真的? |
[22:22] | [Malcolm sighs] | |
[22:23] | But I really, really wanna kiss you. | 可我真的真的很想吻你 |
[22:28] | [softly] I don’t care. | 我不管 |
[22:40] | Just don’t take me for granted. | 别把我的付出看作是理所当然 |
[22:45] | I don’t. | 我没有 |
[22:52] | You did. | 你有 |
[22:56] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[23:05] | You can kiss me now. | 你可以吻我了 |
[23:07] | -[softly] Yes! -[chuckles softly] | 太棒了 |
[23:18] | I’m the only person who tells you you’re being an asshole | 当你很混蛋的时候 |
[23:20] | when you’re being an asshole. | 只有我会提醒你 |
[23:24] | [Malcolm] I know. | 我知道 |
[23:27] | And now… | 你现在拍出了一部人人都爱的电影 |
[23:29] | that you’ve made a movie that everybody loves… | |
[23:34] | -the world’s gonna be kissing your ass. -[chuckles] | 全世界都要吹捧你了 |
[23:37] | -You think so? -Mm-hmm. | 你觉得会是这样? |
[23:40] | Yep. | 对 |
[23:41] | I heard that shit all night. “Oh, he’s so sensitive.” | 我听了一整晚别人对你的赞美 “他非常敏感” |
[23:45] | “He’s so in tune to emotion. He’s romantic.” | “他对情绪的理解十分到位 他真浪漫” |
[23:49] | “I bet he’s sweet, right?” | “他为人肯定很体贴吧?” |
[23:51] | -What did you say? -I said, “Well, I mean, yeah.” | -那你怎么回的? -我就说:“是啊” |
[23:55] | “When he’s not being an emotional fucking terrorist.” | “他不搞情绪恐吓的时候是很体贴” |
[23:57] | [groans and laughs] | |
[23:59] | [jazz music playing] | |
[24:01] | Yes. | 来嘛 |
[24:05] | -Yes. -No. | -来嘛 |
[24:06] | -[Malcolm grunts] -Mmm. | -不要 |
[24:10] | You think you’re tough, skinny-bones Jones? | 你觉得你很强吗 瘦猴子? |
[24:11] | I am tough. | 我是很强 |
[24:13] | Nah, I’ll eat your ass for breakfast. You light work. | 你才不强 我要吃了你的屁股当早餐 制服你还不是小事一桩? |
[24:30] | [Marie] You know, life is gonna get easier, but it’s also gonna get harder. | 以后生活会变得容易 但同时也会变得更难 |
[24:36] | [Malcolm] What do you mean? | 这话怎么说? |
[24:40] | Just don’t believe the hype, Malcolm. | 你不要被天花乱坠的宣传蒙蔽了 |
[24:46] | [kisses] | |
[24:46] | And don’t push away the people who ground you. | 不要把真正支持你 给你忠告的人推开 |
[24:52] | -Yeah. | -Yeah. -嗯 -嗯 |
[25:00] | [Marie] You’re gonna start making fake movies | 以后你会开始拍不真诚的电影 |
[25:02] | about fake people with fake emotions. [both chuckle] | 虚假的人物、虚假的情绪 |
[25:10] | Then you’ll start having dinner with the white girl from LA Times. | 然后开始 |
[25:14] | [both laughing] | 和《洛杉矶时报》的白女人共进晚餐 |
[25:15] | -Yeah. Mm-hmm. -[Malcolm] No! Not the white girl. | -是的 -不!那个白女人我才不要 |
[25:18] | You’ll be talking about this one-take and… and that one-take, | 你会和人家谈这个长镜头 以及…那个长镜头 |
[25:22] | and how the camera… | 谈摄影机是怎么… |
[25:24] | -[laughing] -You know you do that, right? | 你喜欢做这种手势 |
[25:26] | -[laughing] -Literally. | 对吧? 我可没夸张 |
[25:28] | Next thing you know, you’ll be on your press tour for your new LEGO film. | 接下来呢 你会为了 你新拍的乐高电影上媒体做宣传 |
[25:33] | Talk about how it’s an allegory for the failures of reconstruction. | 说这电影是对重建失败的一个寓言 |
[25:37] | [Malcolm chuckles] | |
[25:39] | [Marie] “Well, the original working title was… | “这电影最初的名字是… |
[25:42] | -Forty LEGOs And A Mule, but the…” -[both laughing] | 《四十个乐高和一头骡子》可是…” |
[25:45] | “The studio got a little, uh…” | “制片方对这名字有点…” |
[25:48] | [chuckling] | |
[25:49] | [Malcolm laughing] | |
[25:51] | [Marie] Mm-hmm. | |
[25:53] | Malcolm, you laugh, but I can see it. | 马尔科姆 你现在尽管笑吧 |
[25:55] | -I’m serious, I can see that shit. -[Malcolm laughs] | 但我能预见到这种事会来的 是真的 |
[25:58] | [Marie] All your new Twitter friends will be quote-tweeting your ass, | 以后不管你在推特上发什么 哪怕是鬼扯 你推特上新增的推友 |
[26:01] | handclaps and shit, talkin’ ’bout, “This is what change looks like.” | 都会鼓掌或转发 说:“这就是改变应有的样子” |
[26:05] | “Yes, king!” | -“老大 |
[26:06] | -[Malcolm] Oh, brutal. -Mm-hmm. | 你真棒!” -你太犀利了 |
[26:08] | But the rest of America will be like, | 可我们的其他国人却会说 |
[26:10] | “What the fuck is this Negro doing selling us some shit with these LEGOs?” | “这黑鬼拍的是什么烂电影? 把乐高系列电影糟践成这样” |
[26:13] | “I’m not seein’ that shit.” | “我才不看这烂电影” |
[26:15] | [both laughing] | |
[26:17] | Then there’s gonna be boycotts, fucking protests | 然后就会有人抵制、抗议 |
[26:20] | because you’re politicizing these LEGOs, | 说你把乐高电影政治化了 |
[26:21] | but thankfully, you’ll have your new white girlfriend from the LA Times. | 不过好在你的新女友 是《洛杉矶时报》的白女人 |
[26:26] | I mean, she’s gonna come ridin’ in with her SPF-50 brigade | 她肯定会号召她那帮 热衷带子女参加体育活动的 |
[26:30] | -on some real soccer mom shit… -[Malcolm laughing] | 白人大部队来救场 |
[26:32] | …tweetin’ at people left and right. | 发推跟左右两派的人都呼吁 |
[26:34] | “Well, this is literally censorship!” | “这简直就是在搞审查!” |
[26:37] | “Who is in charge here?” | “现在到底听谁的?” |
[26:39] | “It is our moral obligation to go and see this movie | “我们有道德上的义务 去看这样一部电影 |
[26:42] | written and directed by a real Bla… I mean, person of color.” | 它的编剧和导演是一位真正的黑… 有色人” |
[26:47] | “We are gonna make history, okay?” | “我们一定会创造历史 明白吗?” |
[26:49] | “We’re going to make it the biggest box office ever.” | “我们一定会让这部电影 取得史上最高的票房” |
[26:53] | And the next thing you know, | 然后你猜会怎么着? |
[26:54] | you will have made a toy company a billion dollars. | 你会帮这家玩具公司赚到十亿美金 |
[26:58] | -[laughs] Yes! -Yes! | -太好了! -太好了! |
[27:01] | “Congratulations, Malcolm Elliot! You fucking did it!” | “恭喜你 |
[27:04] | [Marie imitates airhorn] | 马尔科姆艾略特! 你终于他妈成功了!” |
[27:05] | “Here’s a couple million dollars and a fuckin’ fruit basket.” | “这是他妈几百万美金和一只果篮” |
[27:08] | “But just as a thought, have you ever considered | “对了 我有一个想法 你有考虑过 |
[27:10] | doing the Angela Davis biopic, but with LEGOs?” | 把安吉拉戴维斯的传记片 |
[27:14] | [both laughing] | 拍成乐高系电影吗?” |
[27:16] | [Malcolm] You know your white voice is crazy. | 你这白人嗓音模仿得太像了 |
[27:20] | -[Marie] You laugh, but… -That’s funny. | -你只管笑吧 可说真的… -很可爱 |
[27:23] | [Marie] You could change the world. | 你有可能会改变世界 |
[27:25] | [Malcolm] You should’ve never given up acting, baby. | 你不该放弃演戏的 |
[27:28] | [Marie chuckles] Why, Malcolm? | 宝贝 为什么这么说? |
[27:30] | [Malcolm] I always believed if you found a character | 我一直相信 如果你有机会饰演 |
[27:32] | that actually allowed you to be yourself, you’d be astonishing. | 那种能让你释放自我的角色 你会让世界惊叹 |
[27:38] | Well, Malcolm… | 可问题是… |
[27:41] | unfortunately no one can really write me except you. [Malcolm] Hmm. Hmm. | 很不幸 |
[27:51] | [Marie sighs] [Malcolm sighs] | 除了你 |
[28:14] | [“I Forgot To Be Your Lover” by William Bell playing] | 没人能写好我的故事 |
[28:27] | [Malcolm singing along] ♪ Have I told you ♪ | 我最近是否告诉过你 |
[28:30] | ♪ Lately that I love you? ♪ | 我爱你? |
[28:35] | ♪ Well, if I didn’t, darling, I’m sorry ♪ | 抱歉 |
[28:42] | ♪ Did I reach out And hold you in my loving arms ♪ | 拥抱你… |
[28:47] | ♪ In my loving arms ♪ | 在我充满爱的怀里 |
[28:49] | ♪ Oh, when you needed me? ♪ | 当你需要我的时候? |
[28:54] | ♪ Now I realize that you need love too ♪ | 我明白到你也需要爱 |
[28:58] | ♪ And I’ll spend my life Making love to you ♪ | 我这辈子与你做爱 |
[29:04] | ♪ Oh, I forgot to be your lover ♪ | 却忘了好好爱你 |
[29:08] | ♪ And I’m sorry, I’m so sorry… ♪ | 我很抱歉 |
[29:12] | Marie! | 玛丽! |
[29:16] | -♪ Have I taken the time ♪ -Marie! | 玛丽! |
[29:18] | ♪ To share with you ♪ | |
[29:21] | ♪ All the burden that love will fare? ♪ | |
[29:29] | ♪ And have I done the little ♪ | |
[29:31] | Marie. | 玛丽 |
[29:32] | ♪ Simple things to show you ♪ | |
[29:37] | ♪ Just how much I care? ♪ | |
[29:41] | Marie! | 玛丽! |
[29:42] | ♪ I’ve been workin’ for you Doin’ all I can ♪ | |
[29:46] | Marie! | 玛丽! |
[29:47] | ♪ …didn’t make me a man ♪ | |
[29:52] | Marie, stop playin’. | 玛丽 |
[29:56] | ♪ And I’m sorry I’ll make it up to you somehow, baby ♪ | 别玩捉迷藏了 |
[30:06] | Marie! | 玛丽! |
[30:09] | Shit. | 妈的 |
[30:14] | Marie! | 玛丽! |
[30:19] | ♪ Oh, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, baby ♪ | |
[30:24] | [Malcolm] Marie, stop playin’. | 玛丽 |
[30:27] | [crickets chirping] | 别玩了 |
[30:31] | Marie! | 玛丽! |
[30:38] | [door slides open] | |
[30:41] | Marie! | 玛丽! |
[30:45] | Marie! | 玛丽! |
[30:47] | Shit. | 妈的 |
[30:55] | [crickets chirping] | |
[30:58] | [leaves rustling] | |
[31:12] | Marie. | 玛丽 |
[31:17] | [wind chimes tinkling] | |
[31:19] | [footsteps receding] | |
[31:24] | [footsteps approaching] | |
[31:29] | Marie! | 玛丽! |
[31:43] | Oh, my God! | 我的天! |
[31:45] | [drawer slams shut] | |
[31:47] | -Where the fuck did you go? -To pee. | -你他妈去哪儿了? -撒尿 |
[31:50] | -To pee– Where? -Outside. | -在哪儿撒尿? -外面 |
[31:53] | Why didn’t you just use the bathroom? | 干嘛不用洗手间? |
[31:55] | Because I didn’t grow up with a backyard. | 因为我从小住的房子不像这里有后院 |
[31:58] | -The novelty hasn’t worn off yet. -Jesus! | -我的新鲜劲还没过去 -天啊! |
[32:04] | You know, you are the neediest man I have ever dated. | 你知道吗? 你是我约会过的最粘人的男人 |
[32:08] | But at the same time, you are also the least jealous man I have ever dated. | 可同时你又是 我约会过的最不会吃醋的男人 |
[32:13] | I mean, I could literally be hanging on some random guy’s arm | 我就算是随便挽着哪个男人的胳膊 |
[32:17] | and you would never think it’s sexual. | 你从来都不会觉得这有什么问题 |
[32:19] | You’d just come up to me and be like, “Hey, babe. What the hell are you doing?” | 你只会走过来跟我说 “喂 宝贝 你在干什么呢?” |
[32:22] | “I need your help. I can’t remember anybody’s name here. Let’s go.” | “我需要你帮忙 这儿谁的名字我都不记得 咱们走吧” |
[32:26] | -But whose arm are you hanging on? -That’s it. Doesn’t matter. | -你挽着谁的胳膊? |
[32:29] | -[Malcolm] Is this about tonight? -Mmm. | -这根本不重要 是因为今晚的事吗? |
[32:32] | Kinda. | 算是吧 |
[32:36] | -“Kinda”? -Hmm. | “算是”? |
[32:38] | [Malcolm] Mm-hmm. | |
[32:41] | I was outside smoking and you were in here | 我在外面抽烟的时候 你坐在这里 |
[32:43] | apologizing in whatever emotionally obtuse way made sense to you. | 用你觉得合理的方式道歉 你对别人的情绪感觉很迟钝 |
[32:48] | As if a song written 50 years ago about a different fucking girl | 你以为一首50年前写的 讲述另外一个女孩的歌 |
[32:51] | would somehow make me feel better about our relationship. | 能让我对我俩关系的感受改善一点 |
[32:54] | Some people would say lack of jealousy is a good thing. | 有的人会说不爱吃醋是件好事 |
[32:57] | -Not when it borders on indifference. -What are you talkin’ about, Marie? | -不爱吃醋到毫不在意可不是好事 -你到底想说什么? |
[33:03] | Malcolm, you can encourage me to have a life of my own, | 马尔科姆 虽然你鼓励我要有自己的生活 |
[33:07] | but that’s just… That’s bullshit. | 可这种话就是胡扯 |
[33:09] | You don’t want me to have a life that is separate from yours | 你其实并不希望我有独立于你的生活 |
[33:12] | because you are too fucking needy. | 因为你太需要别人了 |
[33:14] | Thought we were done fighting. | 我还以为我们已经吵完了 |
[33:16] | -Don’t be sensitive. This isn’t a fight. -Yeah, right. | -别太敏感 这不是吵架 -这不叫吵架吗? |
[33:18] | It’s not. It’s an observation. | 这不是吵架 是观察 |
[33:21] | -Tsk. Oh, you don’t wanna go there. -Why? | -你最好别跟我说这个 -为什么? |
[33:23] | -Trust me, you don’t. -Why? | -相信我吧 -为什么? |
[33:24] | Even if you do, you’re not thinking clearly. | 就算你要说 你现在脑子也不清醒 |
[33:26] | -I think I’m thinking clearly. -Trust me, you’re not. | -我觉得我现在脑子清醒得很 -相信我 你现在不清醒 |
[33:29] | -I do have a slightly masochistic streak. -But you’re not dumb. | -我是有点受虐狂倾向 -可你并不傻 |
[33:33] | -Oh, my God. Thank you. -Don’t be a fucking brat. | -天啊 难得你这么夸我 -别耍滑头 |
[33:35] | Don’t patronize me and tell me I gave up something | 别一副居高临下的样子 跟我说我放弃了一些东西 |
[33:38] | when you know damn well your work is all that you have time for | 你十分清楚你的工作 |
[33:40] | and all you care about. | 是你唯一有时间做、唯一在意的事情 |
[33:42] | Oh, so you gave up a career in acting to be an emotional fucking support dog. | 于是你只好放弃演员职业 成为我的情感支持宠物 是吗? |
[33:46] | -Fuck you, Malcolm! -I get it now. | -去你的 马尔科姆! -我现在懂了 |
[33:48] | -Fuck you! -‘Cause you’re scared, you didn’t want it. | -去你的! -你其实是害怕 就不想尝试 |
[33:50] | You never wanted it. | 从来都不想尝试 |
[33:51] | -‘Cause you’re scared to try and fail. -You are ugly inside. | -因为你害怕尝试后会失败 -你内心真他妈丑陋 |
[33:54] | No, fuck you! | 去你的 才不是! |
[33:55] | Marie, when I met you, you were a fucking pilled-out disaster. | 玛丽 我刚遇见你的时候 你的毒瘾简直他妈不可救药 |
[33:58] | You were barely 20 years old. | 你那时才刚满20岁 |
[34:00] | Couldn’t hold a conversation without noddin’ off, | 和别人说话时 总是要么睡着 要么昏迷 |
[34:02] | or passin’ out, or breaking down. | 要么情绪失控 根本没法对话 |
[34:03] | Don’t act like for the last five years you became so enlightened that I fucking… | 不要以为这五年来 |
[34:08] | forgot the old you. | 你变得很明智 我就…忘了以前的你是什么样 |
[34:10] | -Of course I want you to have a life. -[sighs] | 我当然是真心希望你有自己的生活 |
[34:12] | You know why? Because I’m terrified that if you don’t, | 因为不然的话 |
[34:15] | you’re gonna hang everything on mine. | 我害怕你什么事情都要依赖我 |
[34:16] | And when, God forbid, I forget to thank you at a movie premiere, | 搞得如果我忘了 在电影首映式上感谢你 |
[34:19] | you come home, you start a fight, and by morning you’re drinking on Xannies, | 你回家之后就要和我吵架 第二天早上用酒送佳静安定 |
[34:23] | trying to fuckin’ cut your wrists with a pair of fucking nail scissors. | 还要用他妈指甲剪割腕自残 |
[34:27] | [Malcolm muttering] Stupid motherf… | |
[34:30] | Malcolm, I want you to leave this room. | 请你出去 |
[34:32] | Oh, shut the fuck up, Marie. You know, I get it. I really do. | 你闭嘴 玛丽 我告诉你 我明白你是怎么回事了 |
[34:34] | You have pain and fucking disappointment and dreams | 你心里有痛苦、失望和梦想 |
[34:37] | like everybody else on planet Earth. | 就跟地球上所有人一样 |
[34:39] | You’re mad you didn’t get the jobs you wish you’d got. | 你恼火是因为 你没得到你希望得到的工作 |
[34:42] | You’re embarrassed you had to play “Skinny Girl In Alley” | 你很难堪 别人只让你演“巷子里的瘦女孩” |
[34:44] | and “Concerned Nurse Number Two.” | 以及“关心病人的二号护士” |
[34:46] | Well, guess what? None of us are proud of where we first start off. | 可你知道吗?没有谁一出道就很风光 |
[34:50] | I started off, I had to do token fuckin’ punch up on straight to VOD rom-coms, | 我出道时给网络浪漫喜剧剧本 搞过微不足道的润色 |
[34:54] | and under-the-table rewrites on films that didn’t wanna pay writers! | 帮那些不想付钱给编剧的片方 偷偷摸摸重写剧本! |
[34:57] | But you keep working! | 但我们还是得继续干! |
[34:59] | You keep on trying! You work harder and harder | 继续努力!加油再加油 |
[35:01] | ’cause even if you’re not talented, which you are, | 因为就算我们没有才华 不过你有才华 |
[35:03] | you can still get somewhere, as long as you don’t have an ego. | 只要我们没有虚妄的自负 我们依然能取得成绩 |
[35:06] | You don’t have to be proud of everything you do! | 你做的事情没必要 样样都值得你自豪才行! |
[35:10] | But you do have to work harder than 99% of people. | 但你必须比99%的人都要努力 |
[35:14] | [breathing heavily] | |
[35:16] | You know what’s bullshit? What’s a fucking cop-out, Marie? | 你知道什么是胡说八道吗? 知道什么是逃避吗 玛丽? |
[35:19] | Is you acting like my work is so fucking suffocating | 就是你表现得好像我的工作令你窒息 |
[35:22] | that you can’t even breathe, that you don’t have any fucking space. | 以至于你没法呼吸 没有了任何个人空间 |
[35:26] | I mean, look around. | 你好好看看我们周围 |
[35:27] | Look at this fucking house the production company put us up in. | 好好看看制片公司 让我们待的这间屋子 |
[35:31] | Pick a room, get to fucking work, | 你还是选个房间去好好干活吧 |
[35:33] | and stop blaming me for your inabilities to get your shit together! | 别再埋怨是我让你没法振作起来! |
[35:37] | [Malcolm breathing heavily] | |
[35:40] | I checked you into rehab. | 当初是我安排你进康复中心戒毒 |
[35:42] | I went to group therapy with you. I’ve been with you. | 我和你一起参加团体治疗 我陪着你 |
[35:45] | I fucking supported you every single step of the way. | 你戒毒过程的每一步 我他妈都支持你 |
[35:51] | When you were depressed, | 你抑郁的时候 |
[35:53] | when you were on so many meds that you couldn’t fuck for half a year, | 你因为服很多药 整整半年没法和我上床的时候 |
[35:56] | I was there for you. | 我一直陪着你 |
[35:57] | When you relapsed, I was there for you. | 你复吸的时候 我对你不离不弃 |
[35:59] | When we lived on 38th Street and you went out to that meeting, right? | 还记得我们住在38号街的时候 你出去参加会面那次吗? |
[36:04] | And you went to the meeting and you didn’t come home | 你去了之后没有回家 |
[36:06] | because you were fucking somebody else, right? | 因为你和别人搞上了 记得吗? |
[36:08] | Guess who was there for you? | 你还记得谁依然守着你吗? |
[36:10] | This nigga right here. | 正是在下 |
[36:14] | So, don’t go there. | 所以你不要跟我说这些 |
[36:17] | Do not fucking go there because you are not gonna win this one, Marie. | 不要他妈跟我说这些 因为这个你赢不了的 玛丽 |
[36:22] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[36:25] | [Malcolm sniffles] | |
[36:29] | [clattering in kitchen] | |
[36:33] | [bottle opening] | |
[36:50] | [gulps, sighs] | |
[36:52] | -[sniffles] -[glass clatters] | |
[36:53] | [sighing] | |
[36:56] | All right, how about we cut the bullshit, Malcolm? | 行 那我们就别再避重就轻了 马尔科姆 |
[37:00] | Since everybody’s being honest tonight, how about you be honest? Hmm? | 既然今晚大家都他妈很诚实 不如你也诚实一下? |
[37:04] | About the real reason you were there for me. | 说说你一直陪着我的真实原因吧 |
[37:11] | I was good fucking material. | 真实原因是我他妈是很好的素材 |
[37:15] | Hmm? That’s why you stuck by me. | 所以你才对我不离不弃 |
[37:19] | Because I was a story. | 因为我的经历是个好故事 |
[37:21] | It was a world of emotions you weren’t used to seeing so fucking close. | 充满了各种各样 你从没近距离观察过的情绪 |
[37:25] | And because I was 20 years old and I’d never been loved the way you loved me | 而且因为我当年才20岁 从来没被人像你那样爱过 |
[37:28] | or thought you loved me, I didn’t realize what I was to you. | 或者说以为被你爱过 我以前一直没明白我对你意味着什么 |
[37:32] | A fucking movie. A tragedy. | 原来我不过是他妈一部电影 一场悲剧 |
[37:35] | One that you could continue watching for as long as you were there for me. | 一个你只要一直陪着 就能一直观察的素材 |
[37:39] | And tonight, in that fucking audience, I watched the whole shit play out. | 今晚我就和那些观众一起 看了一部根据我的经历拍出的电影 |
[37:42] | So don’t pretend like it was a selfless fucking act, Malcolm. | 所以别装出一副你不求回报的样子 |
[37:46] | It’s literally the basis of your art and it is the reason | 我的经历可以说 是你这件艺术作品的基石 也是因为这个 |
[37:49] | why all these people are calling you brilliant and brave and fearless. | 你今天才得到了众人的称赞 |
[37:56] | [scoffs] | 说你有才华、有勇气 |
[37:57] | “So tell us, Malcolm.” | “马尔科姆 跟我们说说” |
[38:00] | “How were you able to breathe life into the character of Imani?” | “你是怎么做到 让伊玛妮这个角色如此真实的?” |
[38:03] | “How were you able to channel the voice of a young woman | “你是怎么做到 将一位年轻女性的内心呈现得 |
[38:06] | so well, so authentically?” | 如此到位、如此真实的?” |
[38:09] | “Hmm.” | |
[38:11] | “Well, Jennifer, that’s a good question. I guess you could say I stole it.” | “詹妮弗 你这是个好问题” “可以说这是我偷来的” |
[38:15] | “I ripped it off.” | “是我盗窃来的” |
[38:17] | “Not a literal theft, a spiritual one.” | “偷的不是实物 是精神上的东西” |
[38:21] | You’re a fucking fraud. | 你就他妈是个骗子 |
[38:22] | The reason you didn’t thank me tonight is because you already know that. | 你今晚没感谢我 |
[38:26] | [scoffing] You have nothing new to say. | 是因为你自己已经知道了 你自己无法创造新的东西 |
[38:30] | [laughs] All you can do is fuckin’ mimic. | 所以你只好他妈模仿 |
[38:33] | Be a fucking parakeet, a goddamn cockatoo. | 当一只模仿别人的鹦鹉 |
[38:35] | I mean, God forbid you are ever alone, | 但愿你不会一个人待着 |
[38:38] | and have to dream up another original idea. | 不得不独自想出一个有创意的点子 |
[38:40] | What are you going to write, Malcolm? | 这种情况下你能写出什么东西来? |
[38:44] | Huh? | |
[38:46] | Yourself? | 写你自己? |
[38:49] | Give me a fucking break. | 别他妈逗我了 |
[38:51] | You don’t have the balls. [slaps leg] | 你才没种 |
[38:54] | You don’t have the gravitas, the fucking introspection to look at yourself | 你没有那种严肃和自省能力 |
[38:58] | and your flaws and your shortcomings | 检视你的缺点和不足 |
[39:00] | and the fact that you may not be the next Spike Lee or Barry Jenkins | 反省自己可能无法成为 下一个斯派克李或者巴里杰金斯 |
[39:02] | because those motherfuckers had something new to say. | 因为那些人能够创新 |
[39:05] | Something true to themselves and their fucking experience. | 敢于面对自己和自己的体验 |
[39:10] | You say the film is about shame and guilt. | 你说你这部电影 |
[39:13] | -[pouring liquid] -Correct? | 探讨的是羞耻和内疚 对吗? |
[39:15] | Your words, not mine. | 这可是你说的 不是我说的 |
[39:18] | All right. Well, I have a question for you, Malcolm. | 那好 我问你个问题 马尔科姆 |
[39:21] | Whose fucking shame? | 是谁的羞耻? |
[39:23] | Whose guilt? | 谁的内疚? |
[39:25] | What the fuck do you know about shame and guilt? | 你他妈对羞耻和内疚懂什么? |
[39:28] | You have two parents, no bad habits other than being a fucking prick, | 你的父母双双健在 你除了卑鄙之外没有恶习 |
[39:31] | and a college education. | 你受过大学教育 |
[39:32] | Your mother is a therapist. Your father is a professor. | 你妈是心理治疗师 你爸是教授 |
[39:35] | Your sister works for a think tank in D.C. | 你姐在华盛顿的智库工作 |
[39:38] | But out here, on these streets, these smiling fucking rich people, | 可今天在首映式上 那些对你满脸笑意的富人 |
[39:42] | they think you know what it’s like to scrap. | 他们以为你明白 过坎坷的生活是什么滋味 |
[39:46] | Think you fucking lived it. Give me a break. | 以为你他妈有过那种经历 别逗我了 |
[39:50] | You’re more privileged than the white girl who works for the LA Times, | 你的生活比《洛杉矶时报》 那个白女人还要优越 |
[39:53] | who thinks she’s doing a public service by lifting up your mediocre ass. | 她心里想的是抬举你这平庸之辈 也算是做公益了 |
[39:57] | Now you’re being cruel. | 现在是你说话残忍 |
[39:58] | Try slitting your wrists with a pair of nail scissors. | 你用指甲剪割你的手腕试试 |
[40:04] | You’re not gonna wanna survive it, because it’s embarrassing. | 你可不想活下来 因为太让人难堪了 |
[40:07] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[40:08] | I’m not so petty I throw it out in argument because I’m angry. | 我才不会小气到 跟人吵架生气的时候把这事拿出来说 |
[40:11] | -I didn’t mean it. -Too late. | -我不是故意要羞辱你的 -太迟了 |
[40:15] | It’s embarrassing and it’s cruel, | 你说那种话让我难堪 而且残忍 |
[40:17] | and it makes me regret sharing so much with you. -[softly] Fucking calling me… -[door shuts] | 我都后悔以前 |
[40:30] | [mumbling profanity] -[instrumental music playing] -[water running] | 跟你说了太多我自己的事 |
[40:41] | [foot tapping] -[crickets chirping] -[muttering] I’m keeping you… | 是我阻止你… |
[41:10] | Bullshit! | 胡说八道! |
[41:23] | How the fuck am I keeping you from a life? | 我他妈什么时候阻止过你 过你自己的人生? |
[41:26] | So stupid. | 太蠢了 |
[41:31] | [grunting] | |
[41:37] | Fucking bullshit. | 胡说八道 |
[41:46] | [mumbling indistinctly] | |
[41:55] | I know… I know what this is. This is bullshit. | 我知道她这些话是什么 是胡扯 |
[42:02] | Fuck Malibu. | 去他妈的马里布 |
[42:08] | [banging] | |
[42:11] | What do you mean, “mediocre”? | 你说“平庸”是什么意思? |
[42:13] | [Marie inhales deeply] | |
[42:15] | [water gurgling] | |
[42:16] | [door slides open] | |
[42:20] | Were you just trying to be mean? | 你说这话是不是只是为了恶心我? |
[42:23] | Is that why you said it? | 是不是这个原因? |
[42:32] | Out of everything I said, | 我刚说了那么多话 |
[42:34] | “mediocre” is what stuck with you? | 你就只记得“平庸”两个字? |
[42:37] | I just wanna know if you actually believe it. | 我只想知道你是不是真心那么觉得 |
[42:42] | Guess. | 你猜 |
[42:44] | -Answer the question. -What is the question specifically? | -回答我的问题 -你的问题具体是什么? |
[42:47] | Do you not like the movie? | 你不喜欢我这部电影是吗? |
[42:50] | I never said that. | 我没说过 |
[42:53] | -So you don’t like me and the movie. -I never said that. | -你意思是我和这部电影你都不喜欢 -我没说过 |
[42:56] | That’s literally what you just fucking said. | 你刚才说的话就是这意思 |
[42:59] | I feel like you’re being a bit irrational. | 我觉得你现在有点不讲理 |
[43:01] | I’m being irrational? | 我不讲理? |
[43:02] | I’m being fucking irrational? This is the biggest night of my life, | 我他妈不讲理? 今晚是我人生最重要的夜晚 |
[43:06] | and you’re trying to turn it into the worst and I’m being irrational. | 可你硬弄成我这辈子最糟糕的夜晚 还说我不讲理 |
[43:09] | Look at you. | 你看看你自己 |
[43:10] | You’re so solipsistic that you see yourself in everything. | 你太他妈以自我为中心 看什么都看到自己的影子 |
[43:13] | Even in things you had nothing to do with. | 哪怕那东西和你八竿子打不着 |
[43:15] | You notice the way Imani walks. | 你注意到了伊玛妮走路的样子 |
[43:17] | You turn to me and say, “I wonder where you got that walk from.” | 转头问我:“我好奇 这种走路姿态的灵感从哪里得到的” |
[43:20] | I don’t say shit. I actually smile, don’t I? | 我没回答你 只笑了一下 |
[43:22] | Keep that shit light because I don’t wanna hurt your feelings, | 让这事轻轻过去 因为我不想让你难受 |
[43:25] | but you tally that shit up, Marie. | 可你总是要盘点这种事 玛丽 |
[43:27] | While I’m actually doing something, creating something, | 在我真正做事情 真正在创造出新东西的时候 |
[43:30] | you’re on the sidelines trying to justify your motherfucking existence. | 你总是会在边上 把你他妈的存在合理化 |
[43:34] | “I know that line.” “I said that.” “I did that.” “You got that from me.” | “我知道那台词” “那话我说过” “我做过那事” “你那个是学我” |
[43:39] | Shit, even feedback from you comes with an IOU, Marie. | 哪怕你给我什么反馈 都带着一种我欠你的感觉 |
[43:43] | You wanna play fucking dirty? | 你想使坏是吗? |
[43:46] | Well, let’s fucking go. | 那我们就来比一比吧 |
[43:48] | You wanna hurt me, Marie. | 你想刺痛我 玛丽 |
[43:51] | I promise you, I can hurt you ten times worse. | 我跟你保证 我要刺痛你的话 威力会是你的十倍 |
[43:55] | You’re a fucking featherweight, a level-one boss. | 搞这种事你完全是轻量级选手 |
[43:57] | I can snap you like a twig. | 我能像折树枝一样把你折断 |
[44:01] | Imani is based on you as much as she is on me. | 伊玛妮的原型有多少你的成分 就有多少我的成分 |
[44:04] | What she says to the nurse, | 她跟护士说的那些话 |
[44:05] | that’s what I said to the doctor when my dad was in the ICU. | 是我爸进重症监护室时 我跟医生说过的话 |
[44:11] | You noticed the way Imani walks, didn’t you? | 你注意到了 伊玛妮的走路姿态 对吗? |
[44:14] | It’s a good walk. | 那种姿态很好看 |
[44:15] | That was my ex-girlfriend, Jess. | 我前女友杰茜就是那样走路的 |
[44:19] | So was the scene on the bicycle in the rain. | 还有雨天单车上那场戏 |
[44:21] | It wasn’t based on the trip you and I took to Barcelona. | 那不是取材于 我们去巴塞罗那旅游那次 |
[44:24] | That’s Jess and I on the Citi Bike in Brooklyn. | 而是我和杰茜在布鲁克林 骑共享单车的场面 |
[44:28] | The way she ties her shoes with two loops… | 伊玛妮把鞋带系成两个圈… |
[44:32] | That was Jayla. | 那是模仿婕拉 |
[44:34] | You weren’t the first. | 你不是第一个 |
[44:35] | The joke about how she doesn’t give handjobs. | 伊玛妮不帮男的打手枪那个梗… |
[44:38] | Well, that’s an old played-out line that every nigga done heard before. | 是每个黑人都听过的老掉牙的话 |
[44:42] | The joke she makes about how quickly she orgasms. | 伊玛妮调笑自己 很快就能高潮的那个梗… |
[44:47] | That was Kiki. | 是来自于奇奇 |
[44:49] | Kiki. | 奇奇 |
[44:51] | She’s a dancer. | 她是个舞者 |
[44:54] | Dancer. We’ll call her a dancer. | 舞者 算她是个舞者好了 |
[44:58] | Who I met outside of St. Louis on a road trip. | 是我有次公路旅行时 在圣路易斯郊外认识的 |
[45:00] | I fucked the shit out of her in the penthouse suite of a Marriott. | 我在万豪酒店的顶层套房里 和她干得热火朝天 |
[45:04] | Once on the bed, once in the shower. | 一次是在床上 一次是在浴室 |
[45:07] | We might’ve even fucked in the closet or some shit too. | 可能我们在衣柜还是哪里都干了一次 |
[45:10] | I got a Polaroid of her. | 我有一张她的宝丽来照片 |
[45:13] | Sitting naked in a heart-shaped tub. | 她赤身裸体坐在心形浴缸里 |
[45:16] | It’s in a photo album at home in our closet. | 这照片现在都还放在 我们家衣柜的相册里 |
[45:22] | But you’re an addict, right? | 不过你是有毒瘾的人 对吗? |
[45:24] | That’s what makes you so unique, right? | 所以你他妈独一无二 对吗? |
[45:26] | That’s what makes your contribution so much more significant, right? | 所以你对这电影的贡献 重要得多 对吗? |
[45:31] | Get the entire fuck out of here. | 别他妈逗我了 |
[45:33] | You’re not the first broken girl I’ve known, fucked or dated. | 你不是我认识、上过床 或者约会过的第一个垮掉的女人 |
[45:38] | I wrote my first script in a one-bedroom apartment with Leah, | 我的第一个剧本是和莉雅 住在一间单卧室公寓里时写的 |
[45:41] | who I thought loved hour-long showers | 她在浴室一待就是一小时 我还以为她喜欢洗澡 |
[45:43] | until I found her passed out with a fucking needle in her arm. | 直到有次我发现她在浴室里昏迷了 胳膊上还插着针筒 |
[45:47] | Two years ago, I got an email from her sister | 两年前 我收到她姐姐的电邮 |
[45:50] | saying she took a whole bottle of Tylenol to the head and passed away | 说她把一整瓶泰诺吃了下去 然后就死了 |
[45:54] | and asked if I had any pictures | 她姐问我有没有她的照片 |
[45:55] | ’cause she was putting together a slideshow on her behalf. | 因为她想给莉雅做幻灯片 |
[45:57] | Now that I think about it, I should’ve thanked her tonight. | 我今晚其实还应该感谢她的 |
[46:00] | She deserves it. | 这是她应得的 |
[46:08] | Same with Tasha. | 塔霞也一样 |
[46:10] | First girl I actually loved, I truly loved. | 她是我第一个真正爱过 真心爱过的女孩 |
[46:13] | The first girl who truly broke my heart. | 第一个真正伤过我的心的女孩 |
[46:14] | She never cheated on me. She’s got that going for her. | 她没有对我不忠过 这点她很好 |
[46:17] | She found Jesus, got married, got divorced. | 但她皈依了基督教 找人结了婚 后来又离了婚 |
[46:19] | She constantly DMs me pictures of her daughter | 她经常把她女儿的照片发给我看 |
[46:23] | saying she wished she had a child with me. | 说她希望能和我生一个孩子 |
[46:26] | I send her heart emojis because I honestly don’t know how to respond to that. | 我只回了她心形表情 因为我真的不知道该怎么回应她 |
[46:31] | Are you done? | 你说完了吗? |
[46:35] | Not even fucking close. | 距离我说完还差得远呢 |
[46:39] | Why, would you like me to stop? | 怎么?你是不是希望我打住? |
[46:43] | [quietly] No, Malcolm. Keep going. | 不是 你继续说吧 |
[46:46] | -Why? -Hmm. | 为什么? |
[46:49] | ‘Cause you like that shit? | 总不会是你喜欢听这些吧? |
[46:52] | You know how disturbed you are, Marie? | 你知道你的心理有多么畸形吗? |
[46:55] | You may have gotten clean, but you still haven’t figured this part out. | 你毒瘾可能是已经戒了 但有件事你依然没想明白 |
[46:58] | Why you love being hurt, traumatized and fucking eviscerated? | 就是你为什么喜欢被人刺痛 被人虐待 被人重创你的元气 |
[47:03] | It’s not normal. | 你这样不正常、不健康 |
[47:04] | It’s not healthy, and it permeates every aspect of our relationship. | 你这种模式已经弥漫到 我们关系的方方面面了 |
[47:08] | The way we talk, the way we fight, the way we fuck. | 包括我们说话、吵架、做爱 |
[47:12] | I’ve dated some damaged people in my life, Marie. | 我约会过一些支离破碎的人 玛丽 |
[47:15] | But none of them wanted to be debased and degraded like you. | 但她们全都不会希望 堕落到你这种程度 |
[47:20] | And honestly, Marie… | 老实说 玛丽 |
[47:24] | it’s nothing to be proud of. | 这不是什么值得自豪的事情 |
[47:30] | So stop fucking smiling, ’cause you look like a clown. | 所以你他妈不要笑 你笑只显得你像个小丑 |
[47:38] | Now there’s some material for you. | 现在你有素材了 |
[47:45] | [footsteps receding] | |
[48:03] | You know what I just realized, Marie? | 你知道我刚才想明白什么了吗? |
[48:09] | It’s not about justifying your existence. | 你的言行不是为了使你的存在合理化 |
[48:12] | It’s not. | 不是的 |
[48:15] | It’s about you being so scared and so selfish | 而是因为你特别恐惧、自私 |
[48:17] | that you have to break me down. | 以至于要把我也搞崩溃 |
[48:20] | Second guess everything I do. | 质疑我自己做的一切 |
[48:23] | “Am I mediocre?” | “我平庸吗?” |
[48:25] | “Can I do this without her?” | “没有她的话我能干成这事吗?” |
[48:27] | “I don’t know. I better ask Marie. Maybe Marie will know the answer.” | “我不知道 我最好问一下玛丽 也许玛丽知道答案” |
[48:31] | “Where’s Marie? I need Marie.” That’s a cut. | “玛丽去哪儿了? 我需要她” 停拍一下 |
[48:33] | “Marie, where did you go?” | “玛丽 你去哪儿了?” |
[48:35] | “Did you see that performance? What’d you think?” | “看到那个表演了吗? 你觉得怎么样?” |
[48:37] | “You liked it? Yeah, me too.” | “你喜欢啊 我也喜欢” |
[48:39] | God forbid I’m secure enough in my opinion that I don’t need you. | 我绝不能对自己想法有充足的信心 非要有你在才行 |
[48:45] | That’s what this all is about. | 你和我吵其实就是为了这个 |
[48:47] | Your whole speech about fake films. | 你那番有关不真诚的电影的阔论 |
[48:52] | You just need a reason to be needed | 你需要一个被人需求的理由 |
[48:54] | because if I don’t need you, then what the hell am I doing with you, Marie? | 因为如果我不需要你 那我干嘛他妈和你在一起呢? |
[49:00] | You want control | 你想要掌控我们的关系 |
[49:02] | because you can’t imagine the reason I’m with you is because I love you. | 因为你不能想象 我和你在一起的原因只是因为我爱你 |
[49:08] | I just love you, baby. | 只是因为我爱你 宝贝 |
[49:11] | I don’t need you. | 不是因为我对你有需求 |
[49:14] | But I love you. That there’s somebody on this planet that just loves you. | 我爱你 这个世界上 有人纯粹只是爱你 |
[49:19] | I love the way your mind works, Marie. | 我爱你的思维方式 玛丽 |
[49:23] | I do. | 确实是这样 |
[49:24] | I love the way you see the world. | 我爱你观察这个世界的方式 |
[49:28] | I love the way you think. | 我爱你的思考方式 |
[49:31] | Your instincts. | 你的直觉 |
[49:32] | And I’m so fucking grateful | 我非常感恩 |
[49:36] | because everything that you’ve been through, everything… | 因为你经历过的一切 任何一切… |
[49:42] | That’s what made you you. | That’s what made you you. 这些才造就了今天的你 |
[49:44] | The girl that I love, the girl that I fuck with, | 我爱的这个女孩 和我上床的这个女孩 |
[49:46] | the girl that I’m up at 2:00 a.m. in the morning | 这个女孩害得我 在我人生最重要的这一天 |
[49:49] | on the biggest night of my life because she’s relentless. [laughing] | 凌晨两点还没睡觉 因为她不肯罢休 |
[49:57] | And crazy. | 而且很疯 |
[50:00] | [voice shaking] And I’m sorry, though. I’m sorry. | 但我知道是我不对 对不起 |
[50:04] | I apologized, you know, and… | 我道过歉了… |
[50:09] | a thousand times. I know I fucked up. | 道歉一千遍了 我知道我搞砸了 |
[50:12] | But honestly, the second we got home, | 可说真的 我们一回到家里 |
[50:16] | all I wanted to do was celebrate with you, baby. | 我第一想做的事就是和你庆祝 宝贝 |
[50:19] | Marie, my girl, the love of my life. | 和玛丽你 即我的人生挚爱庆祝 |
[50:26] | You wanna know the part of Imani that’s based on you? | 你想知道伊玛妮的故事 来源于你的部分在哪儿吗? |
[50:33] | It’s the end. | 在电影结尾 |
[50:36] | The part that makes it such a tragedy. The part… | 是这个部分令这个故事 成为一场悲剧 因为… |
[50:39] | that she… | 她… |
[50:41] | Where she loathes herself so much because of all the guilt and the shame. | 她心里充满了内疚和羞耻 因此无比讨厌自己 |
[50:47] | That she can’t let the good in. | 以至于不允许自己的人生美好 |
[50:52] | That’s the part that’s based on you. | 这个部分就是来源于你 |
[50:57] | Her inability to fathom | 她无法理解 |
[51:00] | that there’s someone on this planet Earth that just loves her. | 这个世界上有人纯粹只是爱她 |
[51:06] | Despite her not loving herself. | 尽管她不爱她自己 |
[51:13] | That’s you. | 这就是你 |
[51:19] | That’s the part that isn’t fiction. | 这就是这部电影非虚构的地方 |
[51:41] | [sighs] | |
[51:48] | [glass clattering] | |
[51:50] | [bottle opening] | |
[51:53] | [liquid pouring] | |
[51:54] | [solemn instrumental music playing] | |
[52:07] | [sighs] | |
[52:10] | [inhales deeply] | |
[52:16] | -[water splashing] -[crying] | |
[53:15] | [water running] | |
[53:46] | [sighs] | |
[53:59] | You gonna start smoking again? | 你又开始抽烟了? |
[54:09] | [sighs] | |
[54:23] | [knuckles cracking] | |
[54:28] | [“Get Rid Of Him” by Dionne Warwick playing on cell phone] | |
[54:32] | ♪ We’re your friends And we’ve got some good advice ♪ | |
[54:36] | ♪ Before you let him break your heart You’d better think twice ♪ | |
[54:40] | ♪ He isn’t worth the tears you’re cryin’ ♪ | |
[54:44] | ♪ He’s only out to break your heart ♪ | |
[54:48] | ♪ Him with his cheatin’ and his lyin’ ♪ | |
[54:52] | ♪ He’s gonna rip your dreams apart ♪ | |
[54:56] | ♪ But I love him ♪ | |
[55:00] | ♪ And there’s nothing I can do ♪ | |
[55:04] | -♪ Get rid of him ♪ -♪ Uh-uh ♪ | |
[55:06] | -♪ Get rid of him ♪ -♪ Oh, no ♪ | |
[55:08] | ♪ Do you mean to say You still consider him? ♪ | |
[55:11] | ♪ Ah-ha ♪ | |
[55:12] | -♪ When you tell me that he’s lazy ♪ -♪ Get rid of him ♪ | |
[55:16] | -♪ You’re just sayin’ things I know ♪ -♪ Get rid of him ♪ | |
[55:20] | -♪ You can tell me that I’m crazy ♪ -♪ Get rid of him ♪ | |
[55:24] | ♪ But I’ll never let him go ♪ | |
[55:28] | ♪ He will hurt you ♪ | |
[55:32] | ♪ And he’ll break your heart in two ♪ | |
[55:36] | [Marie singing along] ♪ Get rid of him Uh-uh ♪ | 甩掉他 |
[55:38] | -♪ Get rid of him ♪ -♪ Oh, no ♪ ♪ Do you mean to say You still consider him? ♪ | -甩掉他 |
[55:43] | ♪ Ah-ha ♪ ♪ Get rid of him ♪ ♪ Get rid of him ♪ | -哦 |
[55:55] | ♪ Get rid of him ♪ [flicking cigarette] ♪ Oh ♪ | 不 |
[56:00] | [Marie singing along] ♪ But I love him ♪ | 但我爱他 |
[56:04] | ♪ And there’s nothing I can do ♪ | |
[56:08] | -♪ Get rid of him ♪ -♪ Uh-uh ♪ | |
[56:10] | -♪ Get rid of him ♪ -♪ Oh, no ♪ | |
[56:12] | ♪ Do you really mean to say That you can still go on this way? ♪ | |
[56:16] | -♪ Get rid of him ♪ -♪ No! ♪ | |
[56:18] | -♪ Get rid of him ♪ -♪ Oh, no ♪ | |
[56:20] | -♪ Get rid of him ♪ -♪ Uh-uh ♪ | |
[56:22] | ♪ Get rid of him ♪ | |
[56:24] | ♪ I know he’s out to break my heart And he’ll rip my dreams apart ♪ | |
[56:28] | ♪ But I love that fella so And I’ll never let him go ♪ | |
[56:32] | -♪ Get rid of him ♪ -♪ Oh, no ♪ | |
[56:34] | -♪ Get rid of him ♪ -♪ Oh, no ♪ | |
[56:36] | -♪ Get rid of him ♪ -♪ No ♪ | |
[56:37] | -♪ Get rid of him ♪ -♪ Oh, no, no, no ♪ | |
[56:39] | -♪ Get rid of him ♪ -♪ Oh, no, no, no… ♪ | |
[56:41] | [Malcolm] Fuck! | 操! |
[56:44] | That fucking piece of shit! | 真他妈垃圾! |
[56:49] | Fuck you! Fuck you! | Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you! 操! |
[56:54] | Fucking piece of shit! Fuck you! | 真他妈垃圾 操! |
[56:56] | -[Marie] What’s going on? -Fuckin’ LA Times review’s up. | -怎么了? -《洛杉矶时报》影评出来了 |
[56:59] | -[Marie] Oh, shit. What does it say? -I don’t know. Fucking Internet. | -天啊 怎么写的? -我不知道 他妈的网络 |
[57:01] | -[Marie] Is it good? -Hold on. | -是好评吗? -等等 |
[57:03] | -[Marie] Who sent it to you? -No one. I found it. | -谁发给你的? -没有谁 我自己发现的 |
[57:05] | -[Marie] How come no one sent it? -Marie, stop. It’s loading. | -怎么会没人发给你? -先别说话好吗?文章正在加载 |
[57:08] | [Marie] All right. What’s the headline? | 行 标题是什么? |
[57:09] | Oh, gotta pay a fucking paywall now? A fucking paywall? Really? | 现在还得他妈付费?逗我吗? |
[57:13] | [Marie] When was it posted? | 影评几时出来的? |
[57:14] | Dollar-ninety-nine a fucking month. Twenty minutes ago. | 每个月付1.99美元 20分钟前 |
[57:18] | And no one sent it to you? How come no one sent it to you? | 没人发给你?怎么会没人发给你? |
[57:21] | Shit. Where’s my fucking wallet? | 妈的 我的钱包去哪儿了? |
[57:23] | You don’t have your credit card saved in your phone? | 你没把你的信用卡绑定在手机上? |
[57:25] | -[Malcolm] No! -Why? | -没有! -为什么? |
[57:27] | -Because I don’t trust that shit. -Really? | -因为我不想信任那鬼玩意 -真的假的? |
[57:30] | -Marie, stop. -I’m sorry. Okay. Okay. | -玛丽 别烦我了 -行 抱歉 |
[57:34] | Did what’s-her-name write it? | 是那谁写的吗? |
[57:36] | -[Malcolm] The white girl? -Yeah. | -那个白女人? -对 |
[57:37] | -[Malcolm] Yeah. -Then it’s gotta be positive. | -是她 -那肯定是好评 |
[57:40] | [Malcolm] Shit, I hope so. Where’s my motherfuckin’ wallet? | 但愿如此 我他妈的钱包去哪儿了? |
[57:43] | [Marie] Did you check the bedroom? | 你在卧室里找过吗? |
[57:47] | -[Malcolm] What? -Check the bedroom? | -什么? -你在卧室里找过吗? |
[57:49] | -Yeah, I checked the fucking bedroom! -Okay. Well, then did you check the bar? | 找过 在卧室里找过了! |
[57:53] | [Malcolm mumbles] | 嗯 那你在酒柜上找过吗? |
[57:54] | I checked the fucking bar too, Marie! Where the fuck is the… | 在酒柜上也找过 玛丽! 他妈的钱包在哪里? |
[57:57] | Where the fuck is the… Oh, I got it. I got it. | 他妈的钱包在…找到了 |
[57:59] | -Got it? Where was it? -Doesn’t matter. | -找到了?在哪儿找到的? |
[58:02] | [Marie] Mmm. [Malcolm breathing heavily] | -这不重要 |
[58:08] | Oh, shit! Where the fuck is my phone? | 妈的!我手机哪儿去了? |
[58:12] | -Malcolm. -Where’s my phone? | -马尔科姆? -哪儿去了? |
[58:13] | -Malcolm. Malcolm? -What? | -马尔科姆? -什么事? |
[58:14] | It’s right here. It’s right here. | 手机就在这儿 |
[58:16] | Calm down. | 冷静点 |
[58:21] | “Imani review.” | “《伊玛妮》影评” |
[58:23] | “A cinematic tour de force | “这是一部电影力作 |
[58:24] | takes aim at the twin horrors of healthcare and racism, | 把镜头对准了 医疗和种族歧视双重恐怖 |
[58:28] | in Malcolm Elliot’s rebellious, jazzy directorial debut.” | 是马尔科姆艾略特 反叛奔放的导演处女作” |
[58:33] | -I fucking hate this woman. -[chuckles] | 我真讨厌这女人 |
[58:34] | Who wants to see that film? | 这么写谁还想看这电影? |
[58:36] | “Cinematic tour de force” is all I heard. | 我只听到了“电影力作” |
[58:38] | -You didn’t hear “jazzy”? -No, I heard “jazzy,” too. | -没听到“奔放”是吗? -不是 “奔放”我也听到了 |
[58:41] | “Like the opening Steadicam shot.” It’s a dolly, you fucking idiot. | “比如电影开头的斯坦尼康镜头” 那叫推拉镜头 笨蛋 |
[58:44] | “Through the streets of Bed-Stuy, we know one thing | “通过贝德史岱区的街头 我们明白了一件事 |
[58:46] | about our slender protagonist Imani. She marches to her own beat.” | 身材修长的女主角伊玛妮 按自己的节奏前进” |
[58:49] | “She sets the tone, the atmosphere, the vibe.” | “她定下了基调、气氛、氛围” |
[58:51] | “She may slink and slide through halfway houses and in-patient hospitals, | “她经常出入过渡教习所和医院 神不知鬼不觉 |
[58:54] | but make no mistake, as the title suggests, | 但不要误会 正如片名所暗示的 |
[58:57] | this is her film, her world, her turf. Until it’s not.” | 这是她的电影、她的世界、她的地盘 直到情况急转直下” |
[59:00] | “If you can’t tell by the rhythm of my white girl words, | 要是你从这白人女孩的文字节奏里 看不出什么 |
[59:03] | you are in for a Black film.” | 这准是一部黑人电影 |
[59:04] | [chuckling] The synopsis. Boring, boring, boring. | 然后是剧情简介 无聊 |
[59:07] | The only reason you know it’s 2-perf 35 is because I said it at the premier, dipshit. | 她之所以知道35毫米双孔胶片 是因为我在首映式上说过这个 笨蛋 |
[59:11] | “Positive…” | “正面…” |
[59:12] | “Leading to a harrowing and indelible scene | “有一场戏令人痛心又难忘 |
[59:14] | where Imani overdoses at a Chinatown market, | 就是伊玛妮在唐人街市场上 吸毒过量那场戏 |
[59:17] | and that’s where Elliot’s true target becomes clear.” | 艾略特的真实目标 就在此时变得清晰起来” |
[59:19] | “This is a film about how the American healthcare system treats women of color.” | “这是一部讲述美国医保体系 如何对待有色女性的电影” |
[59:22] | And at this precise moment, | 读到这句话的时候 |
[59:24] | every Negro who subscribes to the LA Times just said, | 每个订阅了 《洛杉矶时报》的黑人都会想 |
[59:26] | “Then why the fuck do I need to see this film?” | “那我他妈干嘛还要看这部电影?” |
[59:28] | Just ’cause the film doesn’t star anybody that looks like her | 她不能因为这电影没有 一个和她相同肤色的人出演 |
[59:31] | doesn’t mean it’s political. | 就认为它是讲政治的 |
[59:32] | -What’s wrong with being political? -Political films are exhausting. | -讲政治有什么问题吗? -政治电影看得让人累 |
[59:36] | [Marie] You love political films. | 你不是就很爱看政治电影吗? |
[59:38] | Not the ones the white woman from the LA Times calls political. | 我爱看的可不是《洛杉矶时报》 白女人口中的那类政治电影 |
[59:41] | I’m sure she loves Do The Right Thing. | 她肯定喜欢看《为所应为》 |
[59:42] | Made at a time when politics weren’t cool. That’s what made it so revolutionary. | 拍那部电影的时代 政治并不酷 所以它才他妈这么具有革命性 |
[59:46] | “When Imani is placed under 5150, | “当伊玛妮用指甲剪自残 |
[59:48] | a term for people being held against their will | 那场令人痛心的戏过后 |
[59:50] | and being a danger to themselves and others, | 她被有关机构根据第5150法案关起来 |
[59:52] | after a harrowing scene with a pair of nail scissors, she…” | 该法案针对因危害自己或他人 而被强制扣留的人 她…” |
[59:55] | “She’s placed under the care of friendly doctor | “她受到了一位友善的医生的照顾 |
[59:59] | played by… TV show fame…” | 该医生饰演者是…电视节目成名…” |
[1:00:02] | “But Elliot knows the waters he’s wading into, | “但艾略特明白 自己正在涉足什么领域 |
[1:00:05] | and carefully, brilliantly subverts the white savior trope.” | 他小心翼翼并出色地 颠覆了白人救世主的套路” |
[1:00:09] | Oh, she’s on one now. This fucking stupid… | 又来了 这他妈白痴… |
[1:00:11] | “Later, when Imani finds herself, uh… | “之后当伊玛妮… |
[1:00:14] | at her ex-boyfriend’s house begging for a fix, | 来到前男友家 求他给她打一针时 |
[1:00:17] | Elliot uses tight lenses.” It’s the fucking same lens. | 艾略特改用了拉近的镜头” 镜头根本他妈没变 |
[1:00:21] | “Claustrophobia…” | “幽闭恐惧症…” |
[1:00:22] | “One begins to question his intentions | “我们不禁想问 导演通过镜头 |
[1:00:25] | in reveling in the trauma of his Black female heroine for so long.” | 在黑人女主的创伤经历中 沉浸良久是何意图? |
[1:00:28] | “It’s a scene better implied than depicted.” | “这场戏更适合暗示而非描绘” |
[1:00:30] | “If not for the restraint of his own picture, | “若原因不是他这部电影本身有局限 |
[1:00:32] | then merely to separate itself from an exhaustive history | 那便只是为了将电影 |
[1:00:34] | that depicts gendered violence against women of fucking color.” | 与一段详尽描绘 有色女性所受性别暴力的历史隔开” |
[1:00:37] | Are you fucking kidding me? Are you kidding me, ma’am? | 你他妈开玩笑吗 女士? |
[1:00:40] | Are you fucking– In the next line! Oh, shit! Oh, shit! | 接下来这句!妈的! |
[1:00:44] | She says it’s a “genuine masterwork.” A genuine fucking– | 她说这是“一部真正的杰作” 一部真正他妈的杰作 |
[1:00:47] | I can’t read this fucking shit anymore. It’s too fucking moronic. | 这种胡扯让我读不下去 简直智障 |
[1:00:50] | The fact that the LA Times will hire such a fucking halfwit is beyond me. | 《洛杉矶时报》会雇这种蠢人 是我完全没法理解的事情 |
[1:00:54] | First she says that I brilliantly subvert the white savior trope. | 她一开始说我出色地 颠覆了白人救世主的套路 |
[1:00:57] | She is a savior. | 她就是她口中的救世主 |
[1:00:59] | She’s trying to save her, | 她试图拯救伊玛妮 |
[1:01:00] | so how the fuck did I subvert it, lady? How? | 女士 请问我到底 怎么颠覆了那个套路? |
[1:01:03] | You wanna know how? It’s because I’m Black! | 你想知道吗?答案是因为我是黑人! |
[1:01:05] | If I was white, she would’ve said I fell for the trope. | 如果我是白人 她就会说我掉进了这种套路 |
[1:01:08] | But because I’m a man, she can question my intention | 可因为我是男的 她又可以质疑我的意图 |
[1:01:10] | saying that I’m reveling in the trauma of a woman. | 说我沉浸在一个女人的创伤经历里 |
[1:01:13] | “Better implied than depicted.” | “更适合暗示而非描绘” |
[1:01:14] | The fuck out of here! Why? Because Taylor took her shirt off? | 我服了!凭什么这么说? 就因为泰勒在那场戏里脱了衬衫? |
[1:01:17] | I’m sure she just doesn’t think that the nudity was necessary. | 她肯定只是觉得裸露没有必要 |
[1:01:21] | None of it is necessary, Marie. | 这不是必要不必要的问题 |
[1:01:22] | None of this shit is necessary. | 因为什么都可以说没必要 |
[1:01:24] | Movement, blocking, lighting, fucking digital versus film. | 动作、走位、灯光 他妈的数码或胶片的选择 |
[1:01:28] | This cut here, that cut here. Let’s pan. Two-shot. | 这个转场 那个转场 |
[1:01:31] | None of this shit matters. It’s all about what you want. | 摇镜头…这些东西通通不重要 重要的是你想要干什么 |
[1:01:34] | But my fucking problem with her before she even wrote this dumb-ass, | 这白女人写这篇 他妈逼愚不可及的影评之前 |
[1:01:36] | bitch-ass, pussy-ass review is the same after readin’ this cock-sucking, | 我他妈就对她有意见 读完这篇 |
[1:01:40] | -motherfucking, dog-dick review. -[giggles] | 操他妈狗日的烂得冒泡的影评之后 我对她的意见和之前一样 |
[1:01:42] | She’s not looking at the film. The ideas in it, | 她根本就不看这电影 |
[1:01:45] | the emotions, or the craft. | 无视其中的创意 无视电影艺术的情感 |
[1:01:46] | Cinema doesn’t need to have a fucking message. | 电影无需传达什么他妈态度 |
[1:01:49] | It needs to have a heart and electricity. | 只需要走心、有感染力 |
[1:01:51] | Morons like this sap the world of its mystery | 白女人这种傻子 会破坏这个世界的神秘 |
[1:01:54] | because they need everything spelled out with fucking A-B-C blocks. | 因为无论什么他们都需要别人 用最简单的话跟他们解释 |
[1:01:58] | And they’re terrified to embrace anything potentially dangerous | 而且他们恐惧拥抱 任何可能危险的事物 |
[1:02:01] | because they’re trying to predict the culture. | 因为他们总想要预测文化 |
[1:02:03] | This fucking bobblehead shouldn’t be writing for the LA fucking Times. | 这个他妈蠢蛋不应该 给他妈《洛杉矶时报》写影评 |
[1:02:07] | She should be holding smiling sun placards for the local news | 她应该给地方新闻 举那种印着微笑的太阳公公的布告牌 |
[1:02:11] | because all she is, is a motherfucking weatherman! | 因为她完全就是个他妈天气预报员! |
[1:02:16] | Or weatherwoman. | 或者说女天气预报员 |
[1:02:18] | Whatever. | 随便了 |
[1:02:21] | Fucking… Dorothy-ass… | 真他妈…狗屁桃乐茜… |
[1:02:28] | Malcolm. | 马尔科姆 |
[1:02:30] | What? | 干嘛? |
[1:02:32] | She did call it a genuine masterwork. | 不过她说你的电影是“真正的杰作” |
[1:02:37] | I don’t give a fuck! | 我才他妈不在乎 |
[1:02:39] | Unlike her, at least I’m consistent. | 我和她不一样 我至少说话前后一致 |
[1:02:42] | You can’t hang everything on identity. | 搞评论不能总是什么都拿身份说事 |
[1:02:44] | You can’t say that I brilliantly subverted this trope ’cause I’m Black, | 你不能因为我是黑人 而说我出色地颠覆了套路的同时 |
[1:02:47] | but I fell into this one because I’m a fucking man! | 又因为我是男的 而说我掉进了这个套路! |
[1:02:50] | Identities are constantly shifting. | 身份可以一直转变 |
[1:02:51] | Does the male gaze exist if the filmmaker’s gay and not straight? | 如果导演是男同而不是直男 那男性凝视存不存在? |
[1:02:55] | And to what degree? What if they’re asexual? | 存在的话 是什么程度? 如果他是无性恋呢? |
[1:02:57] | What if they’re transitioning and you don’t even know it? | 如果他在转变性取向 而且你不知道 又怎么说? |
[1:02:59] | You can only look back at things and wonder what the fuck it all means! | 你只能回头看 却他妈摸不着头脑! |
[1:03:03] | I mean, why did Ben Hecht and Selznick, two fucking Jewish men, | 比如本赫克特和塞尔兹尼克 这两个犹太男人 |
[1:03:07] | spend so much time on Gone With the Wind? | 为什么要花这么多时间 拍《乱世佳人》? |
[1:03:11] | To this day, | 直到今天都没人能跟我解释 |
[1:03:12] | no one can explain to me why the fuck Billy Wilder made Spirit of St. Louis | 为什么比利怀德要拍《林白征空记》 |
[1:03:16] | and lionized that Nazi bastard Lindbergh, huh? | 吹捧林白这样一个纳粹王八蛋 |
[1:03:19] | Or why Ida Lupino loved film noir and fucking violent men. | 为什么艾达卢皮诺喜欢 黑色电影和暴力男人? |
[1:03:22] | Why Ed Wood wore fucking panties? | 为什么艾德伍德要他妈穿女式内裤? |
[1:03:24] | He wore panties and made B films about fucking space aliens. | 穿女式内裤拍关于外星人的B级片! |
[1:03:29] | Or Elaine May was fascinated with emotionally stunted men. | 为什么伊莲梅 对情感发育不良的男人着迷? |
[1:03:32] | I mean, did she see herself in them? | 是因为她在他们身上 看见了自己的影子? |
[1:03:35] | Did she hate them in real life, but wanted to get to know them through the work? | 还是因为她生活里讨厌这种人 但想通过工作了解他们? |
[1:03:38] | The fact that Barry Jenkins isn’t gay, is that what made Moonlight so universal? | 巴里杰金斯不是同性恋 这是《月光男孩》 具有普遍性的原因吗? |
[1:03:42] | Or was being gay the reason Cukor empathized with women more than men? | 乔治库克是同性恋 他对女性 比对男性更能共情是因为这吗? |
[1:03:46] | It’s all a mystery is the point! | 这些神秘不可解之处才是重点! |
[1:03:47] | What drives a filmmaker? What drives an artist? | 驱动电影人的是什么? |
[1:03:50] | [breathing heavily] | 驱动艺术家的是什么? |
[1:03:52] | I mean, why did Pontecorvo, a fucking rich Italian Jewish man… | 彭泰科沃 一个富有的意大利犹太男人… |
[1:03:56] | Why did he fucking feel such a kinship to Algerian Muslim guerrilla fighters | 为什么会对 阿尔及利亚穆斯林游击队员感同身受 |
[1:04:00] | that he fucking made Battle of Algiers? | 以至于要拍《阿尔及尔之战》? |
[1:04:03] | A fucking classic! Tell me that! | 一部他妈经典电影!谁能跟我解释? |
[1:04:05] | Can you tell me that? Fucking Karen! | 你能解释吗 他妈的凯伦? |
[1:04:07] | Can you tell me that? You can’t, can you? Because why? ‘Cause nobody knows! | 你能解释吗?你不能 为什么?因为没人知道答案! |
[1:04:11] | Who the fuck knows? Who the fuck knows? Why did I shoot the scene the way I did? | 谁他妈能知道答案? 为什么我要那么拍那场戏? |
[1:04:15] | Is it because I’m a man, because I’m straight? | 因为我是男的?因为我是异性恋? |
[1:04:17] | Is it because I’m desensitized to violence | 因为我对暴力不敏感? |
[1:04:19] | or is it because I believe that if you witness trauma onscreen, | 还是因为我相信 观众如果在银幕上看见受创伤的过程 |
[1:04:23] | the audience should also feel that fucking trauma? | 就能够对创伤感同身受? |
[1:04:25] | That is the mystery of art. Of film. | 这就是艺术的神秘 电影的神秘 |
[1:04:27] | What drives someone to make something and fucking say something. | 会驱动一个人做点什么、说点什么 |
[1:04:31] | Now, you can criticize this system, which, like every fucking system, | 你是可以批评这个体制 它跟所有体制一样 |
[1:04:34] | is white as fuck, | 被他妈白人一手遮天 |
[1:04:36] | and in our business, fucking male and white as fuck! | 我们的电影行业则是 被他妈白人男性一手遮天! |
[1:04:38] | I mean, goddamn! | 妈的! |
[1:04:40] | I’ve been waiting my whole life, I’ve been askin’, | 我等了一辈子 一直都在问 |
[1:04:42] | “Where the fuck are all the Black filmmakers, | “天下的黑人电影人都去哪儿了? |
[1:04:44] | ’cause I’m gettin’ sick and tired of these little British boys | 我烦透了某些英国人 |
[1:04:47] | runnin’ around here all in they feelings trying to overcome a fucking birth defect | 他们为了保护女王不被希特勒伤害 |
[1:04:50] | to save the fucking Queen from Hitler.” | 整天琢磨着要怎么克服天生的缺陷” |
[1:04:52] | -[chuckling] -Just do me a fucking favor, all right? | 帮我个忙好吗? |
[1:04:55] | Ban every fucking film with a postscript, and we’ll be good. | 把所有有后记的电影禁掉 这样我们就能有长进 |
[1:04:59] | We’ll be fucking great! | 很大的长进! |
[1:05:02] | But to write shit like this? To write this bullshit? | 可是怎么会有人写出这么烂的影评? |
[1:05:06] | To box people in because you don’t have the love of film, | 束缚人的影评! 原因是你对电影没有热爱 |
[1:05:09] | because you don’t have the mind to critique the form, medium, technique. | 你没有批评形式、媒介、技术的才智 |
[1:05:13] | You don’t have the words to describe the emotions | 你没有词汇描述电影里的情绪 |
[1:05:15] | or too much fear that you’re not gonna get clicks, | 因为你害怕文章没有点击量 |
[1:05:17] | or too much fear that the mob’s gonna turn on you. | 害怕读者会围攻你 |
[1:05:20] | Fuck you for inhibiting the ability for artists to dream about | 操你!你打压艺术家的想象力 |
[1:05:23] | what life may be like for other fucking people. | 想象他人过别样生活的能力 |
[1:05:25] | Fuck you! Twice! With a sick cactus dick! | 操你!操两次! 用长满仙人掌刺的鸡巴操你! |
[1:05:28] | Even if you come up short, even if you could do better, fuck you! | 就算你只是没做到够好 就算你能做得更好 我还是要操你! |
[1:05:31] | You’re the reason they make this stale, | 就是因为有你这种人 他们才不肯冒险 |
[1:05:33] | safe, stagnant turgid shit in the first place! | 才做出了陈腐、停滞不前的烂货! |
[1:05:35] | You’re the reason! Not me! | You’re the reason! 你才是罪魁祸首!我不是! |
[1:05:39] | I mean, you should be fucking bold! You should be fucking reckless! | 你应该他妈大胆一些! 应该他妈鲁莽一些! |
[1:05:43] | People should be fucking reckless! | 大家应该他妈鲁莽一些! |
[1:05:46] | They should be yelling at the top of their lungs! | 应该扯着嗓子吼! |
[1:05:48] | Hey, Karen! Hey, Al! | 喂!凯伦!喂!阿尔! |
[1:05:52] | I hear you, and I don’t give a fuck! | 我听见了 但我他妈的不在乎! |
[1:05:56] | Because they’re not gonna get any better | 因为如果我们不拿出 |
[1:05:58] | until they start rebelling against this purist, moralistic, academic nonsense | 斯派克李拍《为所应为》时 反抗白人霸权制度那样的勇气 |
[1:06:02] | in the same way Spike Lee rebelled against the white system | 去反抗如今这种 |
[1:06:05] | when he made Do the Right Thing. | 讲究完全正确的说教式学术废话 我们就不会有任何进步 |
[1:06:06] | Normally, I wish death upon someone like this. | 要是平时我遇到白女人 这种想象力贫乏的人 |
[1:06:08] | Someone who lacks the fucking imagination like this. | 我会诅咒她去死 |
[1:06:11] | But instead, I’m gonna pray fucking hard, | 可今天我不 我要他妈使劲祈祷 |
[1:06:14] | the way my mama taught me, that she gets fucking carpal tunnel, | 像我妈教我的那样 使劲祈祷她得腕管综合征 |
[1:06:17] | until her hands atrophy and cramp | 让她的手萎缩抽筋 |
[1:06:19] | and she can no longer write nonsensical fucking garbage like this anymore! [panting] | 叫她再也写不出 |
[1:06:26] | -[grunts] -[Marie] Mmm. [laughing] | 他妈傻里吧唧的胡扯影评! |
[1:06:31] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[1:06:36] | So this is what happens when you get a good review? | 人家给你的电影写了好评 你就这样回报人家? |
[1:06:43] | -You’re fucking crazy. -[both chuckle] | 你太疯狂了 |
[1:06:45] | I’m ser– You’re delirious. | 你简直语无伦次 |
[1:06:47] | -[Malcolm grunts] -[chuckles] | |
[1:06:50] | Honestly, Malcolm, you are a true insane person. | 说真的 马尔科姆 你是真正精神不正常的人 |
[1:06:54] | I know. I know. I just… I’m tired of fighting, Marie. | 我知道 我只是…我厌倦了斗争 玛丽 |
[1:06:57] | That was a fight you had entirely with yourself. | 这完全是你与你自己的斗争 |
[1:06:59] | [both chuckling] | |
[1:07:02] | You think you’re the first writer | 你以为你是写作史上 |
[1:07:04] | in the history of writing to have this issue with critics? | 第一个和评论者过不去的人吗? |
[1:07:07] | ‘Course not. | 当然不是 |
[1:07:08] | Of course not, ’cause it’s all the same bullshit. | 当然不是 因为天下的评论都一样烂 |
[1:07:11] | So, what, Malcolm? You wanna make movies, | 你是要怎样?马尔科姆 你拍了电影 |
[1:07:14] | and no one’s allowed to say anything bad about them? | 却不准别人说任何不好的话? |
[1:07:17] | Give me a break. | 别逗了 |
[1:07:20] | [mockingly] “Oh, no! Someone attacked my movie.” | “有人攻击了我的电影 不!” |
[1:07:22] | Well, fuck these lazy-ass critics. | 这些懒得动脑的影评人都给我滚 |
[1:07:24] | Malcolm, you are not making pottery for a living, okay? | 马尔科姆 你不是以做陶器为生 明白吗? |
[1:07:30] | You are a filmmaker, and filmmaking is the most capitalistic, | 你是做电影的 |
[1:07:34] | mainstream fucking art form on the planet Earth. | 而做电影是地球上 最资本主义的主流艺术形式 |
[1:07:37] | No matter how many times Taylor told E! News | 不论泰勒跟《E新闻》说了多少遍 |
[1:07:40] | that she was a fucking communist. | 她是他妈共产主义者 |
[1:07:42] | -She what? -Or a Maoist. | -她是什么? -或者毛泽东主义者 |
[1:07:44] | -Come on. -It was something like that. | -不是吧? -总之是类似的话 |
[1:07:45] | She might’ve talked about the redistribution of wealth, | 她可能是议论过财富的重新分配 |
[1:07:48] | lack of social programs. | 社会福利项目的缺乏 |
[1:07:49] | -While selling a film? -The mental healthcare industry– | -宣传电影时说这种话? -心理健康行业… |
[1:07:52] | -For $15 a ticket? -I’m just saying– | -电影票15一张? -我就随便一说 |
[1:07:53] | On E! News. | 上《E新闻》时说的 |
[1:07:55] | It was Entertainment Tonight. | 是上《今夜娱乐》时说的 |
[1:07:58] | And you wonder why the white girl’s talking about | 那你现在该明白为什么那个白女人 |
[1:08:00] | the mental healthcare system in her review. | 会在影评里谈心理保健系统了吧 |
[1:08:03] | Because… | 因为… |
[1:08:04] | -[Marie] Mm-hmm. -[mumbling] | |
[1:08:06] | Oh, she… Oh, shit, you’re right. | 她…我的天 你说对了 |
[1:08:09] | Right? | 是吧? |
[1:08:10] | Oh. [chuckles] | |
[1:08:12] | -Yep. [chuckles] -[stomping feet] | 就是这样 |
[1:08:14] | I hate to break it to you, but uh… | 我本来不想提醒你的 |
[1:08:17] | no one in this game is a radical. | 但这场游戏里没人是激进分子 |
[1:08:19] | -Oh, Taylor’s pretty radical. -Bullshit. She likes to play one on TV. | -泰勒相当激进 -才不是 她那是上电视装的 |
[1:08:23] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[1:08:25] | All of y’all are a bunch of hookers and hoes. | 你们所有人都是婊子 |
[1:08:27] | -You calling me a ho? -Yes, I am calling you a ho. | -你说我是婊子? |
[1:08:30] | -[chuckles] -[laughing] Fuck you. | -没错 去你的 |
[1:08:32] | ‘Cause you’re a ho! What? You are. That’s fine. | 你就是婊子!不对吗? 你就是 没问题的 |
[1:08:35] | That’s why you’re hell-bent on sounding smart, | 你之所以一个劲想显得自己很聪明 |
[1:08:37] | ’cause you’re compensating for the fact that you’re a ho. | 因为这是你对自己是婊子这事 所做的补偿 |
[1:08:40] | Instead of just understanding that… | 你不明白… |
[1:08:42] | this is just how the world of ho-dom turns. | 婊子国本来就是这么运作的 |
[1:08:45] | You know, you got an actress in a $2,000 dress, | 一个女演员身穿价值两千美金的裙子 |
[1:08:49] | talkin’ about socialism on a red carpet | 却在红毯上大谈社会主义 |
[1:08:51] | because she’s too afraid to admit that, guess what, | 只是因为她没种承认… |
[1:08:53] | she’s just… she’s just a fuckin’ actor. | 她只是个演员而已 |
[1:08:56] | There’s no shame in that. | 这没什么好羞耻的 |
[1:08:58] | And then you got every entertainment outlet | 还有那些娱乐媒体 |
[1:09:00] | running with her call to arms, her viva la revolution. | 都登了她的武装号召 她的革命万岁口号 |
[1:09:04] | Not because they actually care or want to spread the message. | 他们这么做不是因为 真在乎或者想要传达这种口号 |
[1:09:07] | But because they know that there’s nothing that sells more than disgust. | 而是因为他们清楚没什么 比让人作呕更有吸引力 |
[1:09:14] | -Hmm. -That’s what gets the clicks. | 他们就靠这样获得点击量 |
[1:09:16] | And you dumbasses fall for that shit every time. | 你们这种笨蛋每次都掉进这种陷阱 |
[1:09:20] | Honestly, nobody cares what you have to say. | 其实没人在意你说什么 |
[1:09:23] | They don’t. | 他们不在意 |
[1:09:25] | You guys play fucking dress-up for a living. | 你们打扮得漂漂亮亮无非是为了谋生 |
[1:09:27] | [Malcolm scoffs] | |
[1:09:28] | This is some only-in-America, ho-ass shit. | 这是一种只在美国存在的婊子现象 |
[1:09:34] | [laughing] | |
[1:09:35] | And all of you are guilty. | 而且你们没有一个人是清白的 |
[1:09:38] | You know? So just stay in your lane. Keep doing your ho shit. It’s fine. | 尽自己本分就行了 |
[1:09:43] | [Malcolm mumbles] | 尽你当婊子的责任就够了 |
[1:09:45] | Malcolm, you got a great review with an asterisk. | 马尔科姆 你得到了一篇好评 其中不过略有微词 |
[1:09:50] | Boo-fucking-hoo. | 呜呜 |
[1:09:57] | I’m a ho, huh? | 我是婊子 |
[1:09:58] | Mm-hmm. Most definitely. | 是吧? 绝对的 |
[1:10:03] | -I love you. -Don’t manipulate me. | -我爱你 |
[1:10:06] | [kissing] [slow jazz music playing] | -不要操纵我 |
[1:10:47] | -Okay. | -Okay. 行 |
[1:10:49] | -Okay. I got a gameplan. | -Okay. 行 我有个计划 |
[1:10:52] | -I love what’s happening. -[chuckles] | 我喜欢现在的气氛 |
[1:10:55] | Oh, my God. And thank God. I just… | 我的天啊 我… |
[1:10:57] | -Been wanting to do this all night. -[giggles] | 我想整夜都做这事 |
[1:10:59] | Here’s the gameplan. | 计划是这样的 |
[1:11:01] | I’m gonna go from here… | 我现在要从这里… |
[1:11:03] | to the bathroom. | 去洗手间… |
[1:11:05] | -Because I have to pee. -Okay. | -因为我得撒尿 -行 |
[1:11:06] | -Okay. Is it okay? -That’s fine. | -行吗? -行 |
[1:11:08] | And let’s just keep it positive. Happy thoughts. | 我们不要破坏了这气氛 要想开心的事情 |
[1:11:12] | You stay right here. Don’t move. You look beautiful. | 你就躺在这里别动 你看上去美极了 |
[1:11:15] | -Stay right here. Okay? -Okay. | -就躺在这儿 好吗? -好 |
[1:11:16] | -You stay right here. -Okay. | -躺这儿别动 -好 |
[1:11:21] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:11:24] | -Oh, my God. Oh, my… -[chuckles] | 我的天… |
[1:11:26] | [footsteps receding] | |
[1:11:51] | [urinating] | |
[1:11:55] | [toilet flushes] | |
[1:11:58] | -[faucet squeaks] -[water running] | |
[1:12:17] | [Marie] Malcolm? | 马尔科姆? |
[1:12:23] | Yeah? | 什么事? |
[1:12:27] | Can I ask you a question and you promise to answer | 能问你个问题吗? 答应我你会好好回答 |
[1:12:30] | without making me feel like shit? | 而且不能让我感觉烂透了 |
[1:12:33] | [sighs deeply] | |
[1:12:35] | Yeah. | 行 |
[1:12:45] | Why didn’t you cast me? | 你为什么不让我演这部电影? |
[1:12:57] | When you first wrote it, you wrote it for me. | 你最初写的时候是为我写的 |
[1:13:02] | So why didn’t you cast me? | 那为什么不让我演? |
[1:13:05] | [clicks tongue] | |
[1:13:11] | So that’s what this whole thing has been about tonight? | 今晚跟我吵这么久 是不是就是为了这事? |
[1:13:15] | [softly] No. | 不是 |
[1:13:16] | -Bullshit, Marie. -It’s not. | -少来 玛丽 -不是 |
[1:13:18] | -You’re lying. Yes, it is. -[voice shaking] I’m not lying. | -你在撒谎 没错的 -我没撒谎 |
[1:13:24] | At some point, Malcolm, this was something that we were gonna do together. | 曾经某个时候 你是希望我们一起完成这电影的 |
[1:13:30] | And I don’t know when that changed. | 我不知道从几时起你的想法变了 |
[1:13:33] | I don’t know when, I don’t know how, I just know that I was in that audience… | 我不知道是几时或怎么变的 当我坐在观众席上看影片的时候 |
[1:13:38] | and I thought to myself, “Wow.” | 我心里感叹:“哇” |
[1:13:44] | “I did not mean to give all that away.” | “这么好的东西我可不想让给别人” |
[1:13:46] | [breath trembling] | |
[1:13:50] | And I don’t wanna get into all the reasons why you cast Taylor, | 我不想和你深谈你选泰勒的原因 |
[1:13:54] | but you’re so good at fighting. | 可你不是擅长争取吗? |
[1:13:57] | You’re so good at fighting. You fought to make the movie, | 你这么擅长争取 才让这电影拍了出来 |
[1:14:00] | to make it the way you wanted to make it. So why didn’t you fight for me? | 才让电影按你希望的样子拍了出来 那你为什么不为我争取? |
[1:14:08] | Because I would have been good. [sniffles] | 如果我演的话 我会演得很好 |
[1:14:12] | I would have. | 我会的 |
[1:14:16] | Maybe even better. | 或许比泰勒还演得好 |
[1:14:20] | So there it is. | 原来是这样 |
[1:14:22] | -What? -The fucking truth. | -什么这样? -他妈的真相原来是这样 |
[1:14:25] | Leave it to you to spend the entire night burning it all to the ground | 我今晚让你尽情发泄 把兴致全扫光 |
[1:14:28] | only to reveal that in the end, you’re just jealous. | 结果发现原来你只是出于妒忌 |
[1:14:32] | -I’m not jealous. -Yes, you are. | -我不是妒忌 -你就是 |
[1:14:34] | -I’m not jealous. -Of course you are. | -我不是妒忌 -你绝对是 |
[1:14:36] | The feeling that I’m feeling right now is deeper than that. | 我现在心里的感受 不是妒忌形容得了的 |
[1:14:40] | It’s not jealousy. [crying] | 我不是妒忌 |
[1:14:42] | Oh, come on. Give me a break, Marie. | 少来 别逗我了 玛丽 |
[1:14:44] | It’s the fact that I can’t tell my story anymore. | 我难受是因为我再也没法 讲我自己的故事了 |
[1:14:47] | I can’t articulate all the fucking chaos that’s going on in here | 我没法把我心里这种 一团乱麻的感觉全都描述出来 |
[1:14:53] | because you already did. | 因为你已经讲了我的故事 |
[1:14:54] | [sniffles] | |
[1:14:55] | You already did and Taylor already did. | 你已经做了这事 泰勒已经做了这事 |
[1:14:58] | I know it’s not solely mine. | 我知道这不是我一个人的故事 |
[1:15:01] | I know that. | 我知道的 |
[1:15:03] | I know it happened to both of us. | 我知道这故事我们两个都经历过 |
[1:15:05] | But the difference is you were able to take all the ugly shit | 可不同的是 |
[1:15:09] | and make it something beautiful. | 你能所有把丑陋的东西 转化成美丽的东西 |
[1:15:13] | Something good. | 美好的东西 |
[1:15:15] | Something that… | 能够… |
[1:15:18] | that could move people. | 感动别人的东西 |
[1:15:21] | But, Malcolm, I’m stuck with it. | 可那些丑陋我却无法摆脱了 |
[1:15:33] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:15:34] | I just wish it was something we could have done together. | 我多希望当初我们能一起拍这电影 |
[1:15:37] | And to be brutally honest, yes… | 我现在十分坦诚地告诉你 |
[1:15:41] | I would have been better. | 如果是我演 一定能演得更好 |
[1:15:44] | Because I experienced it. | 因为那些事我本来就经历过 |
[1:15:47] | I lived it. | 那是我曾经的人生 |
[1:15:52] | Not only would I have been better, I would have made your film better. | 我不光能演得更好 还能让你的电影变得更好 |
[1:15:58] | You gave up acting. | 是你放弃了演戏 |
[1:15:59] | When I got the film financed, I asked you to audition. | 当我拿到拍电影的资金后 我让你去试镜 |
[1:16:02] | You said yes, but you were reluctant. You have talent, but that’s not enough. | 你说好 但你很不情愿 你有才华 可光有才华不够 |
[1:16:07] | It’s not enough. You have to want it, Marie. | 你还得有渴望 |
[1:16:10] | -Trust me, Malcolm, I wanted this one. -That’s fuckin’ bullshit. | -相信我 我渴望的 -你就瞎掰吧 |
[1:16:13] | You didn’t try, and that’s the harsh reality of all of this. | 你连试都没试 这才是冷酷的现实 |
[1:16:16] | That same instinct that exists in Imani, in you, | 伊玛妮身上、你身上的那种本能 |
[1:16:18] | that instinct to fucking self-sabotage, | 那种自我毁灭的本能 |
[1:16:22] | that didn’t go away. | 并没有消失 |
[1:16:24] | -I didn’t try because you didn’t want me. -Now you wanna play the victim. | -我没试是因为你不想让我出演 -你现在又装成受害者了 |
[1:16:30] | Now you wanna say you felt like I didn’t want you so you didn’t try. | 感觉我不想让你出演 所以你才没试 |
[1:16:41] | You are fucking intolerable. | 我简直他妈受不了你 |
[1:16:56] | [sighs deeply] | |
[1:17:08] | [Marie] Fucking… You fake-ass, fraudulent, thievin’ fuckin’ con man! | 去你的 你是个虚伪的骗子! |
[1:17:12] | You didn’t want me because if you did, you would have to share the stage. | 你不想让我出演是因为 如果真让我演 你就得和我共享舞台 |
[1:17:15] | You wouldn’t be the sole author of this film. | 你就不会是这电影唯一的缔造者了 |
[1:17:18] | It would have a lineage that extended beyond you and your brilliance, | 这电影的血统就不单 只来源于你和你的才华 |
[1:17:21] | because people would ask me and I’d say, “Yes, this shit happened to me.” | 因为到时别人采访我的话 我会说:“对 这是我的经历” |
[1:17:26] | Then all of a sudden everyone would go, “Is it him or her that’s talented?” | 然后突然之间人人都会问 “到底有才华的是他还是她?” |
[1:17:29] | If that’s what you have to tell yourself, then be my guest. | 如果你非得这么自说自话 那请便 |
[1:17:33] | It’s about ownership. | 这事情关乎所有权 |
[1:17:34] | It’s about the illusion you wanna create | 是为了帮你营造一种幻觉 |
[1:17:36] | that filmmaking isn’t a collaborative effort. | 认为拍电影无需和别人合作 |
[1:17:38] | It’s you, and everybody else is just following directions. | 都是你一个人的功劳 其他人不过是按你的指令行事 |
[1:17:41] | -Because if it were me… -[grunts loudly] | 如果也有我的功劳 |
[1:17:43] | If it were authentic ’cause of me, you couldn’t swing your dick around! | 如果电影很真实是拜我所赐 你就没法大摇大摆了! |
[1:17:46] | That’s why you didn’t thank me tonight. | 这就是你今晚没感谢我的原因 |
[1:17:48] | -That’s also why you didn’t cast me. -Authenticity. | -也是你不让我出演的原因 -“真实” |
[1:17:51] | -Yeah. Mm-hmm. -Ain’t that the word of the day? | -没错 -这不就是今晚的关键词吗? |
[1:17:53] | It’s all I heard tonight. “He’s such an authentic filmmaker.” | 是我今晚听到被人提得最多的词 “他是一个真实的电影人” |
[1:17:56] | “The movie is authentic.” “He channeled his voice authentically.” | “这部电影很真实” “他传达了角色的真实内心” |
[1:17:59] | -Know why people love that word? -Why? | -大家为什么爱这词? -为什么? |
[1:18:00] | They don’t know what makes something good. | 他们不知道好电影好在哪里 |
[1:18:02] | I think authenticity is key. | 我觉得关键是真实 |
[1:18:04] | Of course, because that’s all you have to offer. | 你当然会这么觉得 因为你贡献的只有真实 |
[1:18:06] | -Anyone, all they have to say. -It’s all I have to offer. | -别人也只知道用这词评价 -我只贡献了真实? |
[1:18:08] | The only word that people that don’t know shit about film | 对电影什么也不懂的人就爱用这词 |
[1:18:11] | feels like they got something to offer… | 他们觉得他们能贡献点什么… |
[1:18:13] | No, I have nothing to offer. | 我什么都没给你贡献 |
[1:18:14] | They can’t say anything about film, but they love to talk about authenticity. | 他们完全不懂怎么评价电影 但就是喜欢谈论电影真不真实 |
[1:18:18] | They don’t know dick about film. | 他们对电影毛都不懂 |
[1:18:19] | About fucking Citizen Kane or Best Years of Our Lives– | 对《公民凯恩》或《黄金时代》 完全不懂… |
[1:18:22] | No one fucking cares about that shit! | 没人在乎这些东西! |
[1:18:24] | Authenticity. Oh, shit! They know that shit through and through. | 真实 我的天 他们对这事了如指掌 |
[1:18:28] | Authenticity does not matter, your perspective doesn’t– | 真实根本他妈不重要 你的视角根本不重要… |
[1:18:30] | You don’t fucking have any! | 你根本他妈没视角! |
[1:18:32] | Recreating reality doesn’t make something interesting. | 再现现实并不会令趣味增加 |
[1:18:34] | It’s about your interpretation about reality. | 关键在于对现实的诠释 |
[1:18:37] | -What you feel about reality. -You’re full of shit. | -你对现实有何感受 如何传达现实 -你胡说八道 |
[1:18:39] | What you reveal about reality. | 你披露了现实的什么内容 |
[1:18:41] | Perspective, your perspective. | 视角 你的视角 |
[1:18:43] | Transcribing a conversation or holding a camera up and pressing record, | 如果只是抄写对话 或举起摄影机按下摄影键 |
[1:18:46] | that’s a fucking YouTube video. | 这是他妈油管视频 |
[1:18:48] | -That’s a confession or memoir. -Okay. | -是自白或回忆录 -行 |
[1:18:50] | -We’ve seen and heard it a thousand times. -All right. | 那些事情我们听过看过一千遍了 |
[1:18:52] | Your experience, your life, your fucking struggle, doesn’t matter. | 你的经历、生活、挣扎并不重要 |
[1:18:56] | You’ve been an addict, boring! You overdosing, not fucking interesting. | 你曾经吸毒?无聊! 你吸毒过量?他妈没意思 |
[1:18:59] | It’s about transferring your emotions | 真正重要的是把情绪 |
[1:19:01] | and all those moments into something cinematic and moving. | 和那些时刻电影化 使别人感动 |
[1:19:04] | So, you know what? Good luck, Marie. | 祝你好运 玛丽 |
[1:19:07] | -I hate you! -I hate you hate too! | -我恨你! -我也恨你! |
[1:19:09] | -I hate you more! -I hate you the most! | -我更恨你! -我最恨你! |
[1:19:11] | I fucking hate you! | 我他妈的恨你! |
[1:19:13] | [both screaming] | |
[1:19:15] | [grunts] | |
[1:19:16] | [screams] | |
[1:19:18] | Fuckin’ asshole! | 他妈的王八蛋! |
[1:19:22] | [Malcolm] Fucking mental patient. | 他妈的精神病人 |
[1:19:31] | [exhales deeply] | |
[1:19:40] | [“Wasted” by NNAMDÏ playing] | |
[1:19:57] | ♪ Tell me what you want me to hear ♪ | |
[1:20:05] | ♪ ‘Cause I ain’t got time to waste I ain’t got time to waste ♪ | |
[1:20:10] | ♪ I don’t got, I don’t got I don’t got time ♪ | |
[1:20:15] | ♪ Tell me what you want me to hear ♪ | |
[1:20:23] | ♪ ‘Cause we ain’t got time to waste We ain’t got time to waste ♪ | |
[1:20:27] | ♪ We don’t got, we don’t got We don’t got time ♪ | |
[1:20:32] | ♪ Tell me what you want What you need and what you feel ♪ | |
[1:20:36] | ♪ I love to hear you speak… ♪ | |
[1:20:38] | [song stops abruptly] | |
[1:20:39] | Marie, what are you doing? | 玛丽 你要干什么? |
[1:20:41] | Put the knife down please. Marie? | 请你把刀放下 玛丽? |
[1:20:46] | [Marie crying] Do you remember those antidepressants I was on? | 你知道我以前吃的那些抗抑郁药吗? |
[1:20:51] | I’m not on them anymore. | 我已经没吃那些药了 |
[1:20:57] | I’m not doing well. I’m really, really not doing well. | 我现在感觉很不好 |
[1:21:02] | [sighs] | 非常不好 |
[1:21:05] | I’ve never been clean. | 我的毒瘾从没彻底戒掉 |
[1:21:08] | And I don’t plan on getting clean. | 我也不打算彻底戒掉 |
[1:21:15] | I’m a piece of shit. | 我是一个烂人 |
[1:21:17] | -I’m a liar. -[clears throat] | 一个骗子 |
[1:21:21] | I cheated on you. | 背着你出过轨 |
[1:21:28] | I fucked your friends. | 我搞过你不止一个朋友 |
[1:21:32] | [laughing] | |
[1:21:38] | I fucked your friends. | 不止一个 |
[1:21:41] | God, I feel like I’m crazy. | 天啊 |
[1:21:44] | [chuckling] [knife tapping] | 我感觉我真是疯了 |
[1:21:54] | I’ve stolen from your mother. | 我偷过你妈的东西 |
[1:21:58] | And you know what the fucked up thing is? [sniffles] | 你知道最妙的是什么吗? |
[1:22:01] | I don’t even care. | 我不在乎 |
[1:22:03] | I don’t mind. | 我不在意 |
[1:22:05] | Because I deserve it. | 因为这是我应得的 |
[1:22:16] | Tell me where the fucking pills are. | 快告诉我那些药在哪儿 |
[1:22:19] | [exhales deeply] | |
[1:22:22] | Tell me where the pills are. | 告诉我那些药他妈在哪儿 |
[1:22:23] | -Um… -[knife tapping] | |
[1:22:27] | Mmm. | |
[1:22:32] | [knife scrapes] | |
[1:22:36] | [knife clatters] | |
[1:22:37] | And that, Malcolm, is what authenticity buys you. | 马尔科姆 这就是真实的威力 |
[1:22:51] | Well, damn! Why didn’t you do that in the audition? | 妈的!那你为什么不来试镜表演? |
[1:22:56] | [knife scrapes] | |
[1:22:58] | [knife clatters] | |
[1:23:04] | [door creaks] | |
[1:23:09] | You are, by far, the most excruciating, difficult, stubbornly obnoxious woman | 你是我迄今为止见过的 最磨人、最难缠、最讨厌的女人 |
[1:23:13] | I’ve ever met in my entire life. | 这辈子就没见过你这样的女人 |
[1:23:15] | I go from wanting to cut your head off one moment | 我经常上一秒恨不得把你脑袋砍了 |
[1:23:17] | to wanting to kiss your beautiful, stupid little face the next. | 下一秒又恨不得 亲你蠢蠢的美丽小脸蛋 |
[1:23:21] | I fucking love you. | 我爱死你了 |
[1:23:23] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:23:24] | -[kissing] Should we get married? -Not in the mood. | -我们要不要结婚? -我现在没心情 |
[1:23:27] | I feel like we’re gonna get married and divorced | 我感觉我们以后会结婚又离婚 |
[1:23:29] | a couple times, might as well start now. | 来来回回搞几遍 不如我们现在就结 |
[1:23:31] | No. | 不要 |
[1:23:33] | [grunts] | |
[1:23:34] | -I’m so turned on right now. -I’m not. | -我现在欲火焚身 |
[1:23:39] | -[laughing] Fuckin’ psychopath! -[giggles] | -我没有 你个变态! |
[1:23:41] | All this madness was about you, and that scene, | 我为你疯狂 还有那段… |
[1:23:45] | sayin’ to me that you could do it better than Taylor | 就是你跟我说你能比泰勒演得好 |
[1:23:47] | and seed doubt in my mind that, for the rest of my life, | 害得我余生都要怀疑 |
[1:23:49] | -the movie could’ve been better. -Mm-mm. | 这电影会不会真能拍得更好 |
[1:23:51] | -Yes. That’s exactly what you doin’. -Mm-mmm. No. | -是的 这就是你想达到的效果 -不是 |
[1:23:53] | -[Malcolm] That’s bullshit. -It’s not! | -胡说 |
[1:23:55] | [both laughing] | -没有 |
[1:23:57] | [Malcolm] Brilliant! | 太棒了! |
[1:23:58] | [both moaning] | |
[1:24:12] | You know what’s interesting about the white girl from LA Times | 《洛杉矶时报》白女人 在影评里批评了那场戏 |
[1:24:15] | calling out that scene in her review? | 你知道这事值得玩味的点在哪里吗? |
[1:24:17] | Marie, who cares? | 玛丽 谁在乎呢? |
[1:24:18] | I mean, I’ve always said, it was my least favorite in the film. | 我总跟你说 那是整部电影里我最不喜欢的一场戏 |
[1:24:23] | But my favorite in the script. | 却是剧本里我最喜欢的一场戏 |
[1:24:25] | Can we talk about this later, please? | 我们能等一下再说这事吗? |
[1:24:28] | -I think it’s important, you know? -I beg you. | -可我觉得这事很重要 -求你了 |
[1:24:31] | To look back and wonder why that is. | 回头反思为什么我有那种感受 |
[1:24:36] | -Don’t you? -No. | -你不会吗? -不会 |
[1:24:38] | Not to strip you of your mystery, you know, just out of curiosity. | 我不是要破坏你的神秘性 只是出于好奇 |
[1:24:43] | Out of pursuit of wanting to be, I don’t know, a better fucking artist. | 出于精进艺术的追求 |
[1:24:46] | Oh. You are exhausting. | 你太让人心累了 |
[1:24:51] | You gonna be this exhausting at 70 or will you have exhausted yourself? | 你到70岁还会这么让人心累吗? 你会有心累的时候吗? |
[1:24:54] | That depends where you are. | 这就取决于以后你会在哪儿 |
[1:24:55] | Living with the white girl from the LA Times | 和《洛杉矶时报》白女人住一起 |
[1:24:57] | because at least I can win an argument against her. | 因为这样至少吵架时我能吵赢 |
[1:25:00] | But, you know. It just made me wonder, why did I see that scene so differently? | 我只是好奇为什么 我对那场戏的感受这么不同? |
[1:25:05] | I don’t know. How did you see the scene? | -我不知道 |
[1:25:08] | It was less graphic. | 你怎么看那场戏? -剧本里的画面感没那么强 |
[1:25:09] | So what? He doesn’t attack Imani? That’s what it was on the page. | 这又怎样?因为他没打伊玛妮? 剧本里是这么写的 |
[1:25:12] | No, he attacks her. I just never thought that you’d shoot it with her top off. | 不 他打了她 我只是没想到 你拍时会让她脱掉上衣 |
[1:25:16] | -What’s the difference? -Her tits were out. | -脱和不脱有何区别? -她露胸了 |
[1:25:18] | -So? -So, I just feel like you sexualized her. | -这又怎么样? -这样一来我感觉你就把她性化了 |
[1:25:21] | If I rolled a camera on you right now, am I sexualizing you, | 如果我现在用摄影机拍你 你觉得我是把你性化了 |
[1:25:24] | or is this what you have on, on a Friday night? | 还是说你只是刚好 周五晚上穿成了这样? |
[1:25:26] | My tits aren’t out. | 我现在没露胸 |
[1:25:27] | If you were in a Chuck E. Cheese, they’d throw your ass out. | 你穿成这样进餐厅试试 看他们会不会把你赶出去 |
[1:25:30] | -It was Taylor’s idea anyway. -I’m sure it was. | -而且脱上衣是泰勒的主意 -我绝对相信 |
[1:25:33] | Look, it just made everything more graphic. | 你这样一拍就使得一切 画面感更强了 |
[1:25:36] | Okay? And I just thought… | 行吗? 我只是想… |
[1:25:40] | would the scene have been a bit different if you were a woman? | 如果你是女的 那场戏会不会拍得不一样? |
[1:25:43] | Yes, but I also would have shot the entire movie differently | 会不一样 可这样一来 整部电影都会拍得不一样 |
[1:25:47] | because I wouldn’t have been me, I would’ve been a woman. | 因为我都不是现在的我了 我变成了一个女人 |
[1:25:49] | I would’ve had a totally different sensibility. | 我的感受会完全不同 |
[1:25:51] | But that’s not how you judge film intelligently, | 可这样评判电影并不明智 |
[1:25:53] | by the 600 trillion different choices not made due to an intangible | 对导演身份做虚无缥缈 但纯粹假设的评估 |
[1:25:58] | yet purely hypothetical assessment of one’s identity. | 继而说有600万亿种可能的选择 没有被实践 |
[1:26:00] | But rather the choices actually being fucking made. | 你得依据已经实践的选择来评判 |
[1:26:02] | [sighs] Look, I’m not defending her as a great fuckin’ thinker. | 我不是要帮她说话 说她是伟大思想家什么的 |
[1:26:05] | Good. ‘Cause she’s an idiot. | 很好 因为她只是白痴 |
[1:26:07] | I’m just saying… would the movie have been a little better | 我只是假设… 如果你的性格带一点女性气质 |
[1:26:10] | if you had a dash of femininity? | 电影会不会拍得更好? |
[1:26:12] | -Who gives a fuck? -I do. | -谁他妈在乎呢? |
[1:26:13] | -Fuck. -I do. I do. | -我在乎 |
[1:26:15] | I do, Malcolm, because it just made me wonder | 我真在乎 因为我忍不住想 |
[1:26:18] | if the problem she has with you as a filmmaker | 白女人对你作为电影人的意见 |
[1:26:20] | is the same problem I have with you as a partner. | 搞不好和我对你作为情侣的意见 是相同的 |
[1:26:23] | Well… | 这个… |
[1:26:26] | All that being said and done, Karen thinks I’m a fucking tour-de-force. | 不管之前怎么样 |
[1:26:30] | -[urinating] -[scoffs] Now you like her review? | 白女人至少说了我的电影是力作 你现在又喜欢她的影评啦? |
[1:26:32] | [scoffs] Fucking masterwork is what you’re looking at right now, girl. | 你观赏到的可是一部杰作呢 |
[1:26:36] | [groans and chuckles] You’re joking, but I’m not. | 你在说笑 可我没有 |
[1:26:38] | That’s unfortunate, because I really can’t keep arguing about this shit. | 那就太不幸了 因为我真的没法再讨论下去了 |
[1:26:42] | The more I think about it, her problem is my problem. | 我越想越觉得 她的问题就是我的问题 |
[1:26:45] | -Which is what? -That I’m with you. I haven’t walked out. | -什么问题? -我和你在一起 我没有走出去 |
[1:26:48] | I’m not wondering what other movies are playing. | 我对现在有什么别的电影 在上映没有好奇 |
[1:26:50] | I got you. I’m on your side, and then you just… | 我支持你 陪在你身边 而你… |
[1:26:53] | You gotta fucking take shit too far. | 你他妈太过分了 |
[1:26:55] | [Malcolm] Come on. | 又来了 |
[1:26:56] | No, we’re in a fight, maybe the worst fight we’ve ever been in, | 你就是过分 我们在吵架 也许是吵得最厉害的一次 |
[1:26:59] | but instead of just making your point and saying it’s not about you, | 可你偏不好好跟我解释说原型不是我 |
[1:27:03] | it’s an amalgamation of people, | 原型综合了很多人的经历 |
[1:27:05] | you gotta fucking revel in it. You gotta twist the knife | 你非要陶醉在回忆里 出口伤人 |
[1:27:08] | and put images in my head that you and I both know will never fucking leave me. | 把你我都明白一旦跟人说了 就无法让人忘记的画面刻在我脑海里 |
[1:27:13] | [Malcolm] What? | 你说什么? |
[1:27:15] | -Kiki. -Oh! | 奇奇 |
[1:27:16] | Kiki. | 奇奇 |
[1:27:17] | -I was angry. What the fuck! -From outside of St. Louis. | -我当时是太生气了 -圣路易斯郊外 |
[1:27:20] | -A heart-shaped bathtub? -I was angry. | -心形浴缸? -我当时是太生气了 |
[1:27:23] | You’re a cheeseball. Ugh! Malcolm! | 你真没格调 |
[1:27:25] | -Ew! Ew! -[laughing] Ugh! | 马尔科姆! |
[1:27:29] | You’re a fucking moron, honestly. You could’ve won without all that shit. | 你太蠢了 你不提那些细节 照样能争赢我的 |
[1:27:33] | You could’ve won with 20% of what you said, | 你那些话只要说20%就能争赢我的 |
[1:27:35] | but you cannot help yourself. It is just who you are. | 可你就是忍不住要说那么多 太符合你的性格了 |
[1:27:38] | ‘Cause if I were ever fucked in a penthouse suite of a Marriott, | 要是我和谁 |
[1:27:42] | in or around a heart-shaped bathtub, | 在万豪顶层套房的心形浴缸里面 |
[1:27:45] | I would never fucking utter a word about it aloud. | 或者周围和别人搞过 我以后绝不会跟人提起他妈半个字 |
[1:27:49] | I would never tell my friends about it, | 我不会跟朋友说 |
[1:27:51] | I would never wield it in a fight as a weapon. | 不会在跟你吵架的时候 说出来当武器用 |
[1:27:53] | You know why? Because I know it would hurt me | 为什么?因为我知道如果我说出来 |
[1:27:55] | way more than it would hurt you. | 我受的伤害比你受的伤害会大多了 |
[1:27:58] | [sighing] And it’s a bummer, Malcolm, you know? | 这种事很扫兴 马尔科姆 |
[1:28:02] | I really enjoyed having sex with you. Up until about 15 minutes ago, | 因为就在15分钟前 我还一直很享受和你做爱 |
[1:28:05] | it was an aspect of our relationship that I genuinely had no complaints about. | 这是我们关系里 我真正没有抱怨的一个方面 |
[1:28:11] | It was also my only remaining vice, that and cigarettes. | 那曾是我剩下的唯一的癖好 当然还有抽烟 |
[1:28:15] | But, well, lo and behold, you had to take shit too far… | 可是现在呢 你过分了 把难得的好的方面都毁了 |
[1:28:19] | [Malcolm] Come on. | 拜托 |
[1:28:20] | And obliterate any and all joy there was to be found in fucking you. | 把我和你做爱的所有乐趣都磨灭了 |
[1:28:25] | The gloves were off, okay? We were in a fight, like… | 当时我们吵得面红耳赤 明白吗? 一点情面都不留给对方 |
[1:28:27] | Oh, it didn’t support your argument. It just grossed me the fuck out. | 你那些描述并不能支持你的论点 那个画面太让我恶心了 |
[1:28:32] | It made me go, “I cannot believe I have unprotected sex | 我心想:“我简直不敢相信 |
[1:28:37] | with this nasty-ass, grimy-dicked fuckin’ brute, | 我居然和这个他妈下流、粗俗的畜生 |
[1:28:40] | a fuckin’ animal, a fuckin’ barnyard animal.” | 搞过没有保护措施的性爱” |
[1:28:44] | -[chuckles] -That’s what you are. A fuckin’ hog. | 我对你的形容完全恰当 你就是只猪 |
[1:28:47] | You are a shit-where-you-eat hog. Hog of a human being. | 一只吃饭拉屎都在一个地方的猪 |
[1:28:50] | -[gags] -[Malcolm laughing] | 一只人模人样的猪 |
[1:28:53] | Yeah, you fuckin’ think it’s funny. | 你竟然还他妈笑得出来 |
[1:28:55] | -You’re being dramatic. -I’m not being dramatic. | -你太夸张了 -我才没夸张 |
[1:28:57] | You think ’cause we had a common enemy in Karen from the LA Times, | 你以为因为我俩都讨厌 《洛杉矶时报》白女人 |
[1:29:00] | all shit is sweet. We good now? | 所有不快就都化解了 我们已经和好了 |
[1:29:03] | Think again, motherfucker. We ain’t good. | 你再好好想想 |
[1:29:05] | -[chuckles] -[Malcolm laughing] | 王八蛋 我们可没有和好 |
[1:29:07] | She’s my spiritual sister. I mean that. | 白女人是我精神上的姐妹 我说真的 |
[1:29:09] | We’re both seeking refuge | 我和她都在躲避 |
[1:29:11] | from your assaultive, battering ram of a fucking personality. | 你性格里爱攻击人打击人的那部分 |
[1:29:14] | Because of your limitations as a partner, and a filmmaker, | 由于你作为情侣以及电影人的局限 |
[1:29:18] | we are both ducking for cover. | 所以我和她都需要找掩护 |
[1:29:20] | We may not have a lot in common, but sis and I are in the fucking foxhole. | 我和这姐妹可能没很多共同点 但我们他妈处境相同 |
[1:29:24] | Oh, you are the last person to talk, Marie. | 你是最没资格说我的人 玛丽 |
[1:29:27] | You have fucked, dated some of the wildest, | 你和地球上最野蛮、最古怪的人 |
[1:29:29] | strangest human beings that ever walked this planet Earth. | 都搞过、约会过 |
[1:29:32] | You have, one, no fucking standards, which is a red flag. | 首先 你没有任何选人标准 这值得警惕 |
[1:29:36] | Two, no fucking type, which is also a red flag. | 其次 你不拘任何类型 这同样值得警惕 |
[1:29:39] | And three, no discretion. | 第三 你一点都不谨慎 |
[1:29:41] | Which means everyone who knows you, knows you’re a red flag | 所以任何熟悉你的人 都会明白你值得警惕 |
[1:29:44] | and talks about you’re a red fucking flag. | 并且也会议论你 |
[1:29:46] | Well, Malcolm, here’s the difference. | 但我和你有区别 |
[1:29:47] | I’m not lugging my balls around this house bragging about the places they’ve been. | 我才没像你一样 大言不惭地细数自己的性史 |
[1:29:54] | I don’t need to know the details. | 我不需要知道细节 |
[1:29:55] | I don’t need to know all the… the moves and the steps | 造就今天的你的那些经历 你去过的地方、做过的事 |
[1:30:00] | and the places that brought you to my doorstep. You’re here. | 我不需要通通了解 反正你已经在这里了 |
[1:30:04] | I loved you unconditionally. Why? | 我无条件爱你 为什么? |
[1:30:08] | Because I value mystery. | 因为我重视神秘 |
[1:30:11] | The unknown. It’s what supports the tension of a relationship | 喜欢让有些未知的保持未知 这样才能维持我们关系的张力 |
[1:30:14] | and forces us to be the best version of ourselves. The what-if factor. | 迫使我们成为最好的自己 要给遐想留出空间 |
[1:30:18] | What if there’s someone who loved him better? | 他的前任里会不会 有人比我更懂得爱他? |
[1:30:23] | Who was smarter, nicer. | 会不会有人比我更聪明更体贴? |
[1:30:26] | Woke him up every day with breakfast and a blowjob. | 每天都会喊他起床 给他做早餐 给他吹箫 |
[1:30:30] | What if I’m not the best girlfriend he’s ever had? | 会不会我不是 他历任女友里最好的一个? |
[1:30:33] | What if he dreams of someone else? | 会不会他在梦想和别人在一起? |
[1:30:36] | Better conversations, a girl with hips and an actual ass | 会不会有人和他更聊得来? 会不会有人前凸后翘? |
[1:30:39] | instead of this string bean body? | 而不是像我这样瘦成一张白纸 |
[1:30:42] | Look, I know a little bit about your type. | 我对你喜欢的类型还是有点了解的 |
[1:30:45] | Not so much that I’m paralyzed with insecurity and doubt. | 虽然还没到特别了解以至于 让我自卑、没有安全感的程度 |
[1:30:50] | So that every single day when I get up, | 有这些遐想的话 每天当我起床后 |
[1:30:54] | and I talk to you, and I wear this fancy fuckin’ dress, | 和你说话、穿着漂亮裙子 |
[1:30:57] | and I hold your hand, | 牵着你的手的时候 |
[1:30:58] | I’m trying to be the best girlfriend you have ever had. | 我就会去力争成为 你历任女友里最棒的一个 |
[1:31:04] | So, when you tell me that who I’m up against is Kiki… | 所以当你跟我说 我的对手是来自圣路易斯的… |
[1:31:07] | -Here we go with the bullshit. Here we go. -…from St. Louis, | -坐在心形浴缸里的… -又来了 |
[1:31:10] | in a heart-shaped bathtub, it makes me give a lot less of a fuck. | …奇奇的时候 我力争当你最佳女友的动力就骤减了 |
[1:31:15] | You gotta bring up all the shit. | 非得提这些事 |
[1:31:16] | I don’t know where you’re going, but I’m not done. | 我不知道你要去哪儿 但我还没说完 |
[1:31:21] | I’m not even fucking close to being done. | 离说完还他妈差得远呢 |
[1:31:25] | [Malcolm sighs] | |
[1:31:26] | But what it also makes me realize, the reason you don’t get jealous | 这件事还让我明白了你为什么不吃醋 |
[1:31:30] | is because you don’t value that mystery, do you? | 因为你不重视神秘 对吗? |
[1:31:33] | The reason you don’t value it, | 你之所以不重视神秘 |
[1:31:35] | the reason why you never wonder if you’re the best fuck I’ve ever had, | 从不好奇在所有我搞过的人里 你是不是床上功夫最好的 |
[1:31:39] | or the most talented person I’ve ever been with, | 在我历任男友里你是不是最有才华 |
[1:31:41] | or the kindest, or the smartest, | 最善良、最聪明 |
[1:31:44] | it’s because it is inconceivable to you | 是因为你完全无法想象… |
[1:31:46] | that there is anybody on this planet that is more interesting than you are. | 地球上会有人比你更有趣 |
[1:31:51] | [clicks tongue] | |
[1:31:52] | Your lack of curiosity is merely an extension of your narcissism, | 你缺乏好奇心不过是你自恋… |
[1:31:56] | your megalomania, your egotistical view of the world. | 自大、以自我为中心的一个表现 |
[1:32:00] | As a result of never doubting yourself, | 由于你从不质疑自己 |
[1:32:02] | you never stopped to ask yourself, “How can I be a better partner?” | 所以你从没问过自己 “我要怎么成为一个更好的伴侣?” |
[1:32:11] | You’re good. You are set. | 你很厉害 胸有成竹 |
[1:32:16] | The man I’m looking at right now is as good as he’s gonna get. | 我面前的这个男人要多厉害有多厉害 |
[1:32:24] | You yelling at me in a bathtub | 你在浴室里对我大吼 |
[1:32:25] | about how you’re gonna snap me like a twig, | 说会像折断树枝一样折断我的那一刻 |
[1:32:29] | is the best and worst of who you will be in this relationship. | 能预示你在我们的关系里 做到最好和最差分别会是什么样 |
[1:32:37] | And that’s why you can forget to thank me in your speech. | 那一刻揭示了你今天发言 忘记感谢我的真正原因 |
[1:32:42] | Because you’re not afraid that I’m gonna come home and go… [inhales deeply] | 因为你完全不担心 我回家后会对你说… |
[1:32:46] | “You know what? You lost me tonight. Fuck this shit. I am out.” | “我可告诉你 你今天失去我了 我他妈不干了 我走了” |
[1:32:53] | But if you steamroll every single person in your midst, day in and day out, | 可你如果日复一日 碾压你身边的每个人 |
[1:32:57] | you are going to end up living in a fictional fucking reality. | 你以后就会活在虚幻的现实里 |
[1:33:05] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[1:33:09] | I’m the last person standing. | 我会是撑到最后的人 |
[1:33:13] | I’m the last person to look at you and go, “You know what? Up your fucking game.” | 我会撑到最后跟你说 “小子 你的技能还他妈有待提升” |
[1:33:19] | “If not for me, then for your work.” | “不为我 也要为了你的工作提升” |
[1:33:23] | Malcolm, if this is a movie, you hold on to me for dear fucking life. | 马尔科姆 如果这是拍电影 你会一辈子对我不离不弃 |
[1:33:29] | Because that’s who we’ve been for one another. | 因为一直以来 我们对彼此就是不离不弃 |
[1:33:31] | That’s who you’ve been for me and I’ve been for you from the day we met. | 从我们相遇那天起 |
[1:33:38] | From the day I overdosed in that market, from the day you drove me to rehab. | 从我在那个市场上吸毒过量那天起 从你开车送我去康复中心那天起 |
[1:33:42] | From the first day I read your script | 从我初次读你 |
[1:33:44] | about me, about us, about our relationship. | 写我俩关系的剧本那天起 我们对彼此就是不离不弃 |
[1:33:50] | About how drugs were destroying my ability to love you | 你在那个剧本里写毒品 正在摧毁我爱你的能力 |
[1:33:53] | and your ability to love me. | 以及你爱我的能力 |
[1:34:02] | All I wanted tonight was a “thank you,” Malcolm. That is it. | 我今晚想要的其实只是 一声谢谢 马尔科姆 就这么简单 |
[1:34:07] | That’s all. | 就这么简单 |
[1:34:11] | “Thank you, Marie. Thank you for loving me.” | “谢谢你 玛丽 谢谢你爱我” |
[1:34:14] | “Thank you for making my life better, for getting your life together.” | “谢谢你让我有了更美好的人生 谢谢你振作了起来” |
[1:34:19] | “Thank you for watching 100 cuts and reading 100 fucking drafts.” | “谢谢你看了100个剪辑 读了100份初稿” |
[1:34:22] | “Thank you for your notes, your experience, your patience, | “谢谢你的笔记 你的经历、你的耐心 |
[1:34:26] | your authen-fucking-ticity you bring to this film. Thank you.” | 谢谢你为电影注入的真实” |
[1:34:32] | “Thank you for being a drug addict. Thank you for being clean.” | “谢谢你曾经有毒瘾 谢谢你之后又戒了毒” |
[1:34:36] | “Thank you for dumb shit, like buying toilet paper and milk | “谢谢你做过的家务 比如买卫生纸和牛奶 |
[1:34:40] | and organizing the shit with the movers. Thank you.” | 安排搬家工人搬家 谢谢” |
[1:34:43] | “Thank you for doing the shit I don’t wanna think about.” | “谢谢你做那些我不愿操心的事情” |
[1:34:45] | “Thank you for making me coffee. Thank you for making me smile.” | “谢谢你早上给我冲咖啡” “谢谢你逗我笑” |
[1:34:49] | “Thank you for the good sex and the cuddles.” | “谢谢你给了我美好性爱和拥抱” |
[1:34:53] | [Malcolm sniffs] | |
[1:34:56] | “Thank you for doing the laundry and picking out my suit tonight | “谢谢你洗衣服 今晚帮我挑选了西装 |
[1:34:59] | and making my ungrateful ass some mac and cheese | 在我发言忘记感谢你之后 依然给我这个不知感恩的人 |
[1:35:03] | after I forgot to fuckin’ thank you.” | 做了奶酪通心粉” |
[1:35:11] | “Thank you for the mistakes you’ve made… | “谢谢你犯过的那些错 |
[1:35:18] | for the charm you bring, the life you bring.” | 谢谢你带来的魅力和活力” |
[1:35:21] | “Thank you for loving me.” | “谢谢你爱我” |
[1:35:25] | “Thank you for getting over this, for moving forward, for being you.” | “谢谢你克服困难 努力前进 谢谢你做你自己” |
[1:35:30] | “Thank you for all the shit I forget to thank you for… | “谢谢你为我做了那么多事 我却忘了谢你” |
[1:35:35] | and thank you for looking so goddamn sexy in that dress tonight.” | “谢谢你今晚穿那件裙子 显得那么性感” |
[1:35:43] | “You make me look good.” | “你使我对自己有了自信” |
[1:35:46] | “You make me a better person.” | “你使我成为了更好的人” |
[1:35:53] | “Thank you for understanding | “谢谢你体谅我… |
[1:35:55] | that I’m not always great at expressing how I feel | 并不总是善于表达我的感受 |
[1:35:58] | and it comes out in my work more than in real life.” | 我在工作上比在生活里 善于表达感受一些” |
[1:36:03] | “Thank you because… | “谢谢你 因为… |
[1:36:07] | I know it doesn’t always feel good, so I hope you can live with that.” | 我知道我们的相处并不总是让你愉快 但愿你能包容” |
[1:36:16] | [voice breaking] “Thank you.” | “谢谢你” |
[1:36:18] | “I know I’m emotionally obtuse sometimes, | “我知道有时我对情感很迟钝 |
[1:36:20] | but I’m grateful you don’t hold it against me.” | 但我很感恩你从来没对我有怨念” |
[1:36:24] | “Thank you… | “谢谢你… |
[1:36:27] | for assuming the best.” | 总是往好处想” |
[1:36:31] | “I love you, Marie. I’ll always love you, my Marie.” | “我爱你 玛丽 我会永远爱你 玛丽” |
[1:36:37] | “Thank you.” | “谢谢你” |
[1:36:40] | “From the bottom of my heart, thank you.” | “我从心底感谢你” |
[1:36:52] | I love you, Marie. [jazz music playing] | 我爱你 |
[1:37:15] | [slow jazz music playing] [Malcolm sighs] | 玛丽 |
[1:40:06] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:40:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:40:21] | [Marie] You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[1:40:30] | -[birds chirping] -[sighs softly] | |
[1:40:35] | [grunts] | |
[1:40:40] | [grunts] | |
[1:40:46] | Marie? | 玛丽? |
[1:40:51] | [sighs] | |
[1:40:53] | Marie? | 玛丽? |
[1:40:59] | [grunts] | |
[1:41:08] | [sighs] | |
[1:41:20] | Marie! | 玛丽! 玛丽! |
[1:41:37] | -[birds chirping] -Marie! | |
[1:42:09] | [“Liberation” by OutKast ft. Cee-Lo playing] | |
[1:42:21] | ♪ And there’s a, and there’s a ♪ | |
[1:42:23] | ♪ And there’s a And there’s a fine line ♪ | |
[1:42:27] | ♪ Too late, but baby, I’m on it ♪ | |
[1:42:30] | ♪ Ya, yeah, yeah ♪ | |
[1:42:32] | ♪ Yo, yo, uh-huh ♪ | |
[1:42:34] | ♪ There’s a fine line Between love and hate, you see ♪ | |
[1:42:38] | ♪ Came way too late but, baby, I’m on it ♪ | |
[1:42:46] | ♪ And there’s a fine line Between love and hate, you see ♪ | |
[1:42:50] | ♪ Came way too late but, baby, I’m on it ♪ | |
[1:42:59] | ♪ Can’t worry ’bout What a nigga think, now see ♪ | |
[1:43:02] | ♪ That’s liberation and, baby, I want it ♪ | |
[1:43:11] | ♪ Can’t worry ’bout What another nigga think ♪ | |
[1:43:14] | ♪ Now that’s liberation And, baby, I want it ♪ | |
[1:43:20] | ♪ Lemme hear it, lemme hear it Lemme though, lemme hear it ♪ | |
[1:43:23] | ♪ How many times I sit back and contemplate? ♪ | |
[1:43:27] | ♪ I’m fresh off the dank But I’m tellin’ my story ♪ | |
[1:43:35] | ♪ My relationship with my folks Is give-and-take ♪ | |
[1:43:39] | ♪ And I done took so much Now give me my glory ♪ | |
[1:43:47] | ♪ To have a choice to be Who you wants to be ♪ | |
[1:43:51] | ♪ It’s left up-a to me And my momma n’em told me ♪ | |
[1:43:56] | ♪ Yes, she did ♪ | |
[1:43:59] | ♪ I say, to have a choice to be Who you wants to be ♪ | |
[1:44:03] | ♪ It’s left up-a to me And my momma n’em told me ♪ | |
[1:44:08] | ♪ No, no, no ♪ | |
[1:44:12] | ♪ Oh, Lord, I’m so tired, I’m so tired ♪ | |
[1:44:15] | ♪ My feet feel like I walked Most of the road on my own ♪ | |
[1:44:20] | ♪ All on my own ♪ | |
[1:44:25] | ♪ We alive but we ain’t livin’ That’s why I’m givin’ until it’s gone ♪ | |
[1:44:29] | ♪ ‘Cause I don’t wanna be alone ♪ | |
[1:44:30] | ♪ I don’t wanna be alone ♪ | |
[1:44:32] | ♪ I don’t wanna be alone ♪ | |
[1:44:33] | -♪ Yeah ♪ -♪ No, no, no ♪ | |
[1:44:36] | ♪ If anything I can say to help you find Believe we could fly ♪ | |
[1:44:41] | ♪ But I can feel it in the wind Beginning or the end ♪ | |
[1:44:45] | ♪ But people, keep your head to the sky ♪ | |
[1:44:49] | ♪ Shake that load off Shake that load off ♪ | |
[1:44:52] | ♪ Shake that load off Shake that load off ♪ | |
[1:44:55] | ♪ Shake that load off Shake that load off ♪ | |
[1:44:58] | ♪ Shake that load off Shake that load off ♪ | |
[1:45:01] | ♪ Shake that load off Shake that load off ♪ | |
[1:45:04] | ♪ Shake that load off Shake that load off ♪ | |
[1:45:07] | ♪ Shake that load off Shake that load off ♪ | |
[1:45:10] | ♪ Shake that load off Shake that load off ♪ | |
[1:45:13] | ♪ Shake that load off Shake that load off ♪ | |
[1:45:16] | ♪ Shake that load off Shake that load off ♪ | |
[1:45:19] | ♪ Shake that load off Shake that load off ♪ | |
[1:45:22] | ♪ Shake that load off Shake that load off ♪ |