英文名称:Blue Jasmine
年代:2013
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:30] | There was no one like Hal. | 没人能像Hal一样译文取自Mejia 微博名”Mejia猫 |
[01:32] | He met me at a party\nand swept me off my feet. | 他和我在一个派对相遇\n让我倾心不已 |
[01:35] | “Blue Moon” was playing. | 当时正在放《蓝月》 |
[01:36] | -You know “Blue Moon?”\n-Sure. | -你知道《蓝月》?\n-当然 |
[01:38] | I still remember that. | 我还记得这一幕 |
[01:42] | And one more year\nand I would have graduated. | 一年后我本应毕业了 |
[01:46] | But I quit BU to marry him. I mean,\nwhat was I learning at school anyway? | 但我却从波士顿大学退学 嫁给了他\n况且在学校能学到什么? |
[01:50] | I mean, can you picture me\nas an anthropologist? | 比如你能想象我成为人类学家吗? |
[01:55] | Is that a joke? | 是不是很荒谬? |
[01:57] | The sex was always great.\nWell, he was nine years older than me. | 性这方面也一直还不错\n嗯 他比我大九岁 |
[02:00] | He’d already made and lost a fortune. | 他那时就注定会大赚一笔钱 再失去它 |
[02:02] | But then he made it back, and more.\nI mean, much more. | 但他又能再次赚回更多的钱\n多得多的钱 |
[02:06] | God, he was dynamic. | 天啊 他如此充满活力 |
[02:07] | Taught me everything I know\nabout real lovemaking… | 真正的做爱是怎么一回事 都是他教给我的 |
[02:10] | …not that I care to get too graphic. | 我也不想说得这么生动 |
[02:13] | Believe me when I tell you.\nThey tried six medications on me. | 请相信我 他们在我身上试了六种药 |
[02:16] | Cocktails, they call them. | 他们说那是鸡尾酒 |
[02:18] | The only cocktail that helped\nwas a Stoli martini. | 唯一起过作用的鸡尾酒是 Stoli martini |
[02:21] | I never trusted doctors. | 我从不信任医生 |
[02:22] | Doctors put both my parents\nin early graves. | 我的双亲都是因为庸医过早去世 |
[02:25] | I have never been to San Francisco. | 我从没到过旧金山 |
[02:27] | And Hal and I traveled everywhere.\nI hear it’s beautiful. | 哈尔和我各地旅游过\n我听说过旧金山的美 |
[02:30] | I’ll be staying with my sister, Ginger.\nShe’s divorced. | 我将要和妹妹 金吉 住在一起\n她离婚了 |
[02:33] | Biologically, she’s not my sister.\nShe’s adopted. We’re both adopted. | 血统上说她不是我妹妹\n她是领养的 我们都是被领养的 |
[02:38] | I couldn’t stand her ex-husband.\nHe used to hit her. | 我受不了她的前夫\n他总是打她 |
[02:41] | That’s mine. The Vuitton. | 这是我的LV |
[02:43] | My plan is to start a new life out here. | 我计划在这里开始新生活 |
[02:46] | Put everything behind me\nand start fresh. | 将过去抛在脑后 重新开始 |
[02:49] | Go West. Was it Horace Greeley\nwho said that? “Go West.” | 到西边去 最开始是不是霍勒斯·格里利说的这句话? |
[02:53] | Oh, there’s my family.\nIt was really nice talking to you. | 噢 我家人来了\n和你聊天真的非常愉快 |
[02:57] | Oh, I’ll call you, maybe for lunch. | 我会给你打电话的 比如约一起吃午餐 |
[02:59] | I don’t have your number. | 我没有你的电话 |
[03:02] | -Who’s that woman you were talking to?\n-I was sitting next to her on the plane. | -刚才和你说话的女人是谁\n-我和她在飞机上座位相邻 |
[03:07] | She was talking to herself. | 她在自言自语 |
[03:09] | I thought she said something to me.\nI said, “What?” | 我觉得她跟我说了些什么\n我说“什么?” |
[03:11] | But she couldn’t stop babbling\nabout her life. | 但她一直不停说着她生活里的琐事 |
[03:32] | Where–? Where am I exactly? | 在哪儿?我到底在哪儿? |
[03:34] | You said 305 South Van Ness. | 你说南Van Ness 305 |
[03:44] | -Can you wait, help me with my bags?\n-Sure. | -能稍等下帮我拿下包吗?\n-当然 |
[03:52] | I don’t know where she is. | 她去哪了啊 |
[03:55] | She expected me. | 她应该在等我的 |
[03:58] | The plane was on time. | 飞机是准时的 |
[04:07] | -Yes, I’m–\n-You all right? | -是的,我——\n-你还好吧? |
[04:08] | I’m fine. I just sometimes get\nwhere I can’t take a deep breath… | 我没事,就是在有些地方没办法深呼吸…… |
[04:13] | …and when I can, it makes me panic\nand it makes it even worse. | 可以深呼吸的时候我又会紧张 就更难受 |
[04:18] | Okay. | 好的 |
[04:21] | -Could I have some privacy?\n-Sure, sure. | -能让我一个人待一会儿吗\n-当然 |
[04:24] | Hello, Ginger? | 喂 金吉? |
[04:26] | Yes, I’m here.\nI’m right in front of the place. | 对 我到了\n就在门口 |
[04:28] | It is 305? | 是305吗? |
[04:33] | Well, how long? | 好吧 要多久? |
[04:36] | What? Where is it? | 什么?在哪里? |
[04:39] | No, no, I see it. Okay. Oh, okay. | 好了 看到了 |
[04:43] | Just– Would you please hurry?\nMy sister left the keys in the bar. | 你能赶快点吗?\n我妹妹把钥匙落在酒吧了 |
[04:46] | -Can you wait?\n-Sure! | -能不能等一下?\n-没问题 |
[05:11] | Is that it? | 是这儿吗? |
[05:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:19] | Oh, thank you. | 哇 谢谢 |
[05:21] | Have a great day, all right? Bye-bye. | 祝你愉快 再见 |
[05:29] | -So, what do you think?\n-I love it. | -那么 你觉得如何\n-非常好 |
[05:31] | The fireplaces work.\nI don’t like when they’re for show. | 壁炉是真的能生火的\n我可不喜欢只是摆设的壁炉 |
[05:34] | It’s so light and airy\nand the ceilings are so high. | 又明亮又宽敞\n天花也高 |
[05:37] | How can anyone breathe\nwith a low ceiling? The view…. | 人怎么能在低矮的天花下呼吸呢? 景色也…… |
[05:40] | -You wanted Fifth Avenue.\n-Central Park. Superb. | -你说过想看到第五大道的\n-中央公园 太棒了 |
[05:43] | Oh, this space is perfect. | 太完美了 |
[05:45] | We hardly have to do a thing. | 我们几乎什么都不用做了 |
[05:47] | -You shouldn’t spoil me so.\n-Well, why not? | -你真不能再这样宠我了\n-为什么不能? |
[05:49] | Who else am I gonna spoil?\nDid I tell you my news? | 我还能宠谁?\n我有没有告诉过你一个消息? |
[05:52] | -What?\n-Danny is gonna be living with us. | -什么?\n-丹尼会和我们一起住 |
[05:55] | Oh, honey. Oh, that’s great news. | 简直太棒了 |
[05:57] | I worked it out with his mom,\nher lawyers. | 我和他的妈妈以及她的律师协商好了 |
[05:59] | Oh, he’ll be so much happier\nwhen he’s with us full-time. | 一直和我们一起住他一定会更开心的 |
[06:05] | Happy birthday, Danny. | 丹尼生日快乐 |
[06:08] | Kids at school say we’re really rich\nand that you give money to charity. | 学校的孩子们说我们很富有\n还有你给慈善机构捐钱 |
[06:12] | Sure I do. You gotta remember\nas you go through life… | 我确实这样做的\n你要记着 当你经历人生的时候 |
[06:15] | …to share what you earn\nwith the less fortunate. | 也要和他人共享你的所得 |
[06:18] | Not everyone is as lucky as we are. | 不是每个人都可以像我们这般幸运 |
[06:21] | -Domingo?\n-Yes, ma’am.\n-Domingo? | -是的 |
[06:22] | -Another bottle of the Margaux.\n-Sure. | -再来瓶Margaux\n-好的 |
[06:26] | Excuse me. | 麻烦一下 |
[06:27] | -It would look perfect.\n-Wouldn’t wash me out? | -那会非常完美的\n-会不会大花一笔? |
[06:29] | No, not at all. Not the way he– | 完全不会的 |
[06:31] | Oh, isn’t he sweet? | 他是不是太贴心了? |
[06:34] | This song was playing\nwhen Hal and I first met. | 我和哈尔初遇的时候放的就是这首歌 |
[06:38] | -I fell in love with the name Jasmine.\n-Oh, so romantic. | -我和Jasmine(茉莉)这个名字相爱了\n-太浪漫了 |
[06:43] | I changed it. | 茉莉是我改的名字 |
[06:45] | Yeah, Jeanette had no panache. | 之前的Jeanette(简奈特)这个名字太平淡了 |
[06:51] | This song was playing\nwhen we first met. | 我们初遇的时候放的就是这首歌 |
[06:54] | You know it? Yeah, we met\nat a party at Martha’s Vineyard. | 你知道吗?\n对我们是在玛莎的葡萄园里那个派对相识的 |
[06:58] | “Blue Moon.” | 《蓝月》 |
[07:01] | Come on, boys. | 来吧,孩子们 |
[07:04] | Okay, let’s go, Augie.\nI gotta get home. Someone’s waiting. | 我们走吧 奥吉\n我得回家了 有人等我 |
[07:08] | We helped Dad\nmove the furniture today. | 我们今天要帮爸爸搬家 |
[07:10] | Oh, really? That’s your idea\nof taking the boys? | 是吗?是你的主意让孩子们干活的吗? |
[07:13] | Letting them help you\nlug somebody’s furniture upstairs? | 让他们帮你把某些人的家具搬上楼? |
[07:16] | -They loved it. Great exercise.\n-Yeah? | -他们自愿的 这是很好的锻炼\n-是吗 |
[07:18] | -They– We ate franks and beans.\n-Yeah. | -我们吃了热狗和豆子\n-嗯 |
[07:21] | -Relax.\n-Okay. Let’s go, Johnny, come on. | -放轻松\n-好吧我们走吧 约翰尼 来吧 |
[07:24] | -Come on. Let’s go. Come on.\n-What’s the rush? | -快走 快走吧\n-急什么? |
[07:27] | What’s the rush, Ginger?\nYou got a date? | 金吉 你在急什么?\n有约会? |
[07:30] | It’s none of your business. | 和你无关 |
[07:31] | -It happens to be Jeanette, so….\n-Jeanette? | -是吉奈特的事 所以……\n-吉奈特? |
[07:35] | Jasmine? What is she doing in town? | 茉莉?她在这儿干嘛? |
[07:37] | She’s living with me\ntill she gets back on her feet. | 她和我一起住,住到她能重整旗鼓为止 |
[07:40] | She’s had a bad time. Yeah. | 她现在状况不太好 |
[07:42] | When she had money,\nshe wanted nothing to do with you. | 她有钱的时候怎么不和你来往呢 |
[07:45] | Now that she’s broke, she’s moving in. | 她现在破产了就到你这儿来住 |
[07:47] | She’s not just broke.\nShe’s screwed up. | 她不光是破产\n她整个情况都糟透了 |
[07:49] | And it’s none of your damn business.\nShe’s family. | 这和你没什么关系\n她是我的家人 |
[07:52] | -She stole our money.\n-Okay. | -她偷了我们的钱\n-嗯 |
[07:54] | Understand? We could have been set.\nThat was our whole chance in life. | 明白吗?我们本来是可以好好安定下来的\n那次也许是我们人生唯一的机会 |
[07:58] | For the last time, Augie,\nhe was the crook, not her, okay? | 最后一次告诉你 奥吉\n坏的人是他 不是她 知道了吗? |
[08:02] | What the hell did she know\nabout finance? | 她对财务简直一无所知 |
[08:05] | Don’t stand there and tell me that.\nShe’s married to a guy for years… | 胡扯 别故作轻松说这话了\n她和他结婚那么多年了 |
[08:09] | …up to his ass in phony real estate\nand bank fraud. | 还不是屁颠屁颠跟在他后面做些欺世盗名的事 |
[08:12] | She knew nothing about it? | 你还说她一无所知? |
[08:13] | Believe me, she knew, Ginger.\nOkay? She knew. | 相信我吧 她绝对知道得清清楚楚 |
[08:17] | But when all those diamonds\nand minks were flying in… | 那些华服美钻在手的时候 |
[08:20] | -…she just looked the other way.\n-I don’t think so, Augie. | -她可是另一副嘴脸\n-我不这么认为 |
[08:24] | You said it. You said to me,\n”She’s a phony and had to know.” | “她是个骗子” 之前你可是这样对我说的 |
[08:29] | Jasmine, your country house\nis so beautiful. | 茉莉 你的乡村别墅可真美 |
[08:33] | -See?\n-I’m sorry, but we need an answer on this. | -看见了吗?\n-抱歉 我们需要回复这个问题 |
[08:36] | I told you, you change the name\nof the corporation. | 我和你说了 把这公司的名字改了 |
[08:38] | -Operate under Global Innovations.\n-I don’t know if we can. | -以‘环球创新’的名义来操作\n-我不知道能不能这么做 |
[08:42] | I think we can, actually. | 肯定可以的 |
[08:43] | -Pay out of the accounts in Amsterdam.\n-Amsterdam. | -用阿姆斯特丹的账号支付\n-阿姆斯特丹 |
[08:46] | Whenever I hear them, they’re one step\nahead of the Justice Department. | 每次听他们谈话 都感觉他们比司法部门先走一步棋 |
[08:50] | Just hope your house is not bugged. | 希望你的房子里没有窃听器 |
[08:52] | Oh, I never pay attention\nto Hal’s business affairs. | 我从来不管哈尔的生意 |
[08:55] | I have no head for that sort of thing. | 我没这方面的头脑 |
[08:57] | -We transfer to the old corporation?\n-We could. Perfectly legal. | -我们可以把钱转到旧的公司吗?\n-可以 在法律上无懈可击 |
[09:01] | -It would be a mistake under that name.\n-Definitely get in trouble for that. | -在这个名字下可能行不通\n-这样肯定会出问题 |
[09:05] | Just don’t file a joint tax return. | 反正别合并操作就行 |
[09:08] | Don’t say that. I sign anything.\nI’m very trusting. | 别这么说 我可是都签字的\n我非常信任他的 |
[09:12] | Famous last words. | 可不能这样 |
[09:13] | It’s called looking the other way. | 这叫做视而不见 |
[09:18] | Jasmine. Oh, my God. | 天啊 茉莉 |
[09:21] | -Look at you.\n-Look at you. | -看看你\n-看看你 |
[09:23] | Oh, I am so sorry for the wait. | 实在不好意思让你等这么久 |
[09:26] | -Sorry, I think I’m in Paris.\n-It’s okay. | -抱歉 我以为在巴黎\n-没事没事 |
[09:28] | -No, it’s fine.\n-Augie’s day with the boys. | -没事\n-今天孩子们在奥吉那儿 |
[09:31] | Well, no wonder you’re late. | 难怪你来迟了 |
[09:33] | -Hello. Matthew, is it?\n-Yeah. | -你好 马修是吗?\n-嗯 |
[09:35] | Boys, say hello.\nI told you about her, remember? | 孩子们 快打招呼\n我和你们说过她的 记得吗 |
[09:37] | -Hi, I’m Jasmine.\n-Shake hands. Okay, go play. | -我是茉莉\n-握个手 好了 去玩吧 |
[09:40] | -They’re big.\n-I know. | -他们长大了\n-是啊 |
[09:42] | -I’m getting it first.\n-Quiet, you two. | -我先拿到的\n-你们俩安静点 |
[09:44] | -Well, they’re loud.\n-Stop running around. | -他们挺闹的\n-别到处跑 |
[09:47] | Christ, this kid’s got–\nWhat the hell is it? ADD? | 这孩子——那叫什么来着?注意力缺乏症? |
[09:50] | -Yeah. Your place is homey.\n-Are you kidding me? | -你这儿很温馨\n-你说笑吧? |
[09:54] | No, I mean, it’s got a very–\nWell, it’s casual charm. | -不 我的意思是这儿有种吸引人的随意感 |
[09:58] | God, knock it off, Jasmine. | 好了 别再说了 茉莉 |
[10:02] | I need to stay here for a while. No, I do. | 我的确需要在这儿待一段时间 |
[10:06] | -I’m out of cash.\n-Okay. | -我没钱了\n-嗯 |
[10:08] | Couldn’t pay my rent in Brooklyn.\nCan you believe… | 连在布鲁克林的房租都付不起了\n你能相信吗 |
[10:11] | …I had to move out of my home,\ntake a place in Brooklyn? | 我从家里搬出来\n在布鲁克林找了个地方 |
[10:15] | But I’m dead broke. Really,\nthe government took everything. | 我倾家荡产了\n政府拿走了一切 |
[10:18] | And the lawyers. | 还有律师 |
[10:20] | And I can’t be alone, Ginger. | 我无法独自一人生活 |
[10:22] | I really get some bad thoughts\nwhen I’m alone. | 我一个人的时候就胡思乱想 |
[10:24] | Well, you know, all I can say is,\nyou look great. | 我想说的只是 你看上去很不错 |
[10:29] | -Now who’s lying?\n-You do. | -看看现在谁在说恭维话?\n-你确实看上去很不错 |
[10:32] | You know, I was up all last night.\nI was so anxious… | 昨晚我睡不着 整个人很焦虑 |
[10:35] | -…about moving here.\n-Yeah? | -因为要搬过来\n-嗯? |
[10:36] | -I wasn’t sure how angry you still were.\n-Oh, well…. | -我不知道你是不是还非常生气\n-这个…… |
[10:41] | -Another drink? We’re celebrating.\n-Of course, yeah. | -再来一杯吧?庆祝一下\n-当然 |
[10:44] | Oh, the flight was bumpy. | 飞机颠簸得厉害 |
[10:47] | I didn’t eat anything on the plane.\nOh, the food was awful. Here it is. | 我在飞机上啥都没吃\n食物糟透了 在这儿 |
[10:51] | I mean, you’d think first class, right? | 可能你会觉得 头等舱…… |
[10:54] | You flew first class? | 你过来坐的是头等舱? |
[10:56] | I don’t know how anyone puts up\nwith those airlines. | 我真不知道人们怎么忍受这样的飞行 |
[10:59] | -Isn’t first class a fortune?\n-Yes, I was quite shocked. | -头等舱不是很贵吗\n-是的 我也很惊讶 |
[11:03] | -I thought you were tapped out.\n-I’m worse than tapped out, baby. | -我以为你没钱了\n-我比没钱更惨 |
[11:07] | I’ve run up some serious debts. | 我欠了不少债 |
[11:10] | So how did you fly first class? | 那为什么还坐头等舱? |
[11:12] | I don’t know, Ginger. I just did. | 不知道为什么 我就是坐了 |
[11:16] | All I meant was, if you’ve got no money,\nto go first class…. | 我的意思只是 如果你没钱了\n那坐头等舱…… |
[11:20] | You know me. I splurge from habit. | 你也知道的 我挥霍成性 |
[11:24] | Would you stop staring\nat my luggage? | 能不能别盯着我的行李箱看了 |
[11:27] | Yes, it’s Louis Vuitton. | 是的 是LV |
[11:29] | -You told me you had to sell everything.\n-Look, look, look. | -你告诉我你变卖了所有东西\n-你看 你看 |
[11:33] | These are used, old suitcases.\nSee, with my initials. Who’d want them? | 这些是用过的旧箱子\n还有我名字的大写字母 谁会要它们? |
[11:37] | I sold what jewels and furs\nI could hide from Uncle Sam. | 珠宝皮草我都卖了\n在政府面前藏不住的 |
[11:41] | God, I hate to tell you about that. | 和你说这些我都觉得难受 |
[11:43] | Jewelry is priceless, a great investment\nwhen you buy it at Graff or Van Cleef… | 在格拉芙和梵克雅宝买的那些珠宝可都是无价的,是笔巨大的投资 |
[11:47] | …until you’re desperate for money\nand forced to sell… | 如果不是被迫绝对不会出售 |
[11:50] | …and then it seems\nyou can’t give it away. | 出售的价格就像白送一样 |
[11:54] | Kids, stop it, come on! | 孩子们 别玩了 过来! |
[11:58] | -Were you adopted?\n-Yes. | -你是被领养的吗?\n-对 |
[12:01] | We were both adopted. | 我们都是被领养的 |
[12:03] | Born to different moms and dads,\nbut raised by the same mom and dad. | 父母都各有其人 但养父养母是一样的 |
[12:06] | Could you stop doing that gun thing?\nSorry. | 你能不能别玩那支枪了?\n抱歉 |
[12:09] | -Got migraine from the pressurized cabin.\n-Matthew. | -看到那个我偏头痛就犯了\n-马修 |
[12:13] | Did you like the new mom and dad? | 你喜欢新爸爸新妈妈吗? |
[12:15] | -Yes, of course–\n-Aunt Jasmine did. | -当然\n-茉莉阿姨喜欢 |
[12:17] | I ran away from home\nas fast as my feet could carry me. | 我可是竭尽全力逃离了家 |
[12:20] | -How come?\n-Well– | -怎么会?\n-这个—— |
[12:23] | Our mother liked Aunt Jasmine\nand not me. | 我们的妈妈喜欢的是茉莉阿姨 不是我 |
[12:25] | -Oh, stop.\n-How come? | -好了 不说了\n-怎么会? |
[12:28] | -She had better genes.\n-Don’t tell them that. | -她的基因更好\n-别和他们说这些 |
[12:30] | -Well, am I lying?\n-Dad said you’re glad we lived far away. | -我说得不对吗?\n-我爸爸说你很高兴和我们离得远 |
[12:34] | What? | 什么? |
[12:36] | They’re perfect for the dress\nthat I’m wearing to the Met Gala. | 这和我要穿去慈善晚宴的裙子太配了 |
[12:41] | What’s the matter?\nYour mind is a million miles away. | 你怎么了?心不在焉的样子 |
[12:44] | Oh, I’m sorry. No, l–\nI just got a call from my sister, Ginger. | 不好意思 ——\n我刚刚接了个我妹妹金吉的电话 |
[12:49] | Oh, God, she’s coming to New York\nfor a week with her husband, Augie. | 天啊 她和她丈夫奥吉会过来纽约一星期 |
[12:54] | He is a piece of work. | 他可是个极品 |
[12:56] | I just– I don’t know,\nI guess I have to see them. | 我不太确定\n我感觉我得见他们一面 |
[12:58] | -The one in San Francisco, the builder?\n-Yeah. | -是在洛杉矶的那个建筑工人?\n-没错 |
[13:01] | Oh, no, he’s a contractor.\nI mean, he’s– No, he’s a handyman. | 哦 不是 他接别人的活儿\n我的意思是 他是个做杂活的 |
[13:05] | No, don’t get me wrong.\nI love Ginger, I do. She’s a dear. | 别误会 我是很爱金吉的 她很好 |
[13:08] | But our paths just went\nin totally different directions. | 但我们的人生轨迹太不一样了 |
[13:11] | Okay, that happens. | 这是常有的事 |
[13:13] | It’s terrible of me to say,\nbut she was never too bright. | 我这么说很不妥\n但是她一直都不是个阳光的人 |
[13:16] | You know? And she was so wild\nand I, of course, was Miss Perfect. | 你能理解吗?她总是很随性 而我则是完美女生 |
[13:21] | -Hi.\n-Oh, you made it. | -你好\n-噢 你能来真好 |
[13:23] | -How lovely to see you.\n-Hi. Oh, my God. | -见到你真好\n-天啊 |
[13:26] | -Welcome.\n-Hi. Thank you. | -欢迎欢迎\n-谢谢 |
[13:27] | -Oh, this is my husband, Augie.\n-Augie. | -这是我丈夫奥吉\n-奥吉 |
[13:30] | -This is Jeanette.\n-Jasmine. I changed it. | -这是简奈特\n-茉莉 我改名了 |
[13:32] | -Jasmine.\n-I’m finally getting to meet the sister. | -茉莉\n-我终于见到传说中的姐姐了 |
[13:35] | I know. Hello. I’m so sorry\nwe couldn’t make it to the wedding. | 实在不好意思\n我们没能参加婚礼 |
[13:39] | Just that Hal had some business\nin Saint-Tropez. | 因为当时哈尔在圣特配鲁斯有事 |
[13:42] | -Couldn’t get back in time.\n-Know what? | -没能赶回来\n-你知道吗 |
[13:44] | You missed a nice little party.\nMy friend Dennis sang. | 你可是错过了一个很好的小派对\n我的朋友丹尼斯献唱了的 |
[13:48] | -He’s great. Dennis Rackabuto.\n-I know. Hey– | -他很厉害的 丹尼斯.拉克布托\n-我知道 那么—— |
[13:50] | Hal! You remember Ginger. | 哈尔! 记得金吉吗? |
[13:53] | -Oh, my gosh.\n-How are you? | -噢 天啊\n-你好你好 |
[13:55] | -How are you?\n-This is Augie. | -你好\n-这是奥吉 |
[13:56] | -Augie. How you doing?\n-Awesome. | -奥吉 你好吗?\n-很好 |
[13:58] | -Hell of a place you got.\n-Thank you. | -你这儿可真气派\n-谢谢 |
[14:00] | -Why don’t you come through?\n-Told you. | -赶快进来吧\n-是啊 |
[14:03] | -Yvette, coffee?\n-This is really…. | -伊维特 来电咖啡\n-这儿可真是…… |
[14:05] | Yeah, she’s got taste. | 是的 她品味很好 |
[14:06] | It’s like what you see in the movies. | 这就像在电影里 |
[14:08] | We have so much to catch up on.\nCan’t wait for you to show us New York. | 我们要聊的太多了\n真等不及让你带我们逛逛纽约了 |
[14:12] | Why don’t you take our car and driver? | 不如你们用我们的车和司机吧? |
[14:14] | Well, I hope you’re gonna come.\nI mean, how often am I here? | 我希望你也能一起来\n毕竟我难得来一回 |
[14:18] | -No, no, I will definitely make some time.\n-Oh, good. | -我肯定会抽出时间的\n-那就好 |
[14:24] | Where are you staying? | 你们住哪里? |
[14:25] | Oh, well, we– We thought about asking\nif we could stay with you… | 噢——我们之前想过能不能住在你们这儿…… |
[14:29] | …but we don’t wanna impose,\nso we got a room at the Marriott. | 但感觉还是不便打扰\n所以我们在万豪酒店订了个房间 |
[14:32] | -Oh, the Marriott’s perfect.\n-Yeah. | -噢 万豪酒店不错\n-对的 |
[14:34] | I’ll have my office contact them\nand forward us the bill. | 我会让办公室的人联系他们 把账单发到我这儿来 |
[14:38] | -Oh, no.\n-No, no, no, it’s not necessary. | -不 不用\n-不用了 这就没必要了 |
[14:40] | Please, you’re our guests. I insist. | 你是我们的客人 我一定得尽份心 |
[14:42] | Oh, well, then we insist\non taking you two to dinner tonight. | 好吧 那我们今天一定要共进晚餐 |
[14:46] | -What? Tonight?\n-Yeah. | -今晚吗?\n-是啊 |
[14:50] | We have dinner plans. | 我们晚餐已经有安排了 |
[14:52] | I don’t think we can–\nSomething we can’t get out of. | 这个安排我们推不掉 |
[14:55] | -I’m sorry.\n-There’ll be time. | -真遗憾\n-我们还有时间的 |
[14:57] | We stashed the kids with Augie’s sister,\nwe’re here for a week. | 奥吉姐姐帮我们看孩子 我们能在这儿呆一周 |
[15:01] | -It’s gonna be great.\n-It is. Okay. | -那就行\n-好吧 |
[15:03] | Well, we don’t have a lot of free time… | 好了 我们一会儿也有事要做…… |
[15:05] | …but we’ll definitely take you\nto Le Cirque, won’t we? | ……但我们肯定会带你们去马戏团餐厅的 对吧? |
[15:09] | I mean, or Daniel. I mean– | 或者丹尼尔餐厅 |
[15:10] | -They’d get a kick out of that.\n-Yeah, absolutely. | -他们肯定会喜欢的\n-对 肯定的 |
[15:13] | I know your birthday is this week.\nLet us at least take you out for that. | 我知道你的生日就在这周\n至少让我们带你去庆祝一下生日吧 |
[15:19] | -I love how you’re doing your hair.\n-Oh, thanks. | -你头发这么弄真不错\n-噢 谢谢 |
[15:23] | You’ll have to take me shopping.\nYou always could pick clothes. | 你可得带我去逛街\n你总能选到好看的衣服 |
[15:29] | And Augie’s got\nsome exciting business news… | 奥吉有些生意上的好主意要宣布 |
[15:32] | …he wants to talk to Hal about. | 他也想和哈尔谈一谈 |
[15:34] | Don’t worry, I don’t need\nto borrow money. We’re flush. | 别担心 我可不是要借钱 |
[15:37] | -Yeah,\n-What kind of work do you do, Augie? | -是的\n-奥吉 你做什么类型的工作? |
[15:40] | Well, you know,\nI do, like, repairs, furniture moving… | 就是修理 搬家 之类的 |
[15:43] | …but I got plans to be my own boss. | 但是我是打算自己做老板 |
[15:46] | We’ll talk about it over dinner.\nThey’re going out. | 我们在晚饭的时候谈吧 他们要出门了 |
[15:48] | Hey, could we have a tour? | 我们能不能参观下你家? |
[15:50] | Oh, yeah, of course.\nWhy don’t you start in the kitchen? | 当然可以\n从厨房开始怎么样? |
[15:55] | -Is there a little girls’ room?\n-Just down the hall. | -有没有小女孩的房间?\n-就在大厅那儿 |
[15:59] | Five days. | 五天 |
[16:01] | I’ll have to invite them\nto my birthday party now. | 看来必须得邀请他们来我的生日派对了 |
[16:04] | -Where did she come up with him?\n-I always feel so guilty around Ginger. | -她怎么和那家伙遇上的\n-我在金吉身边总觉得内疚 |
[16:08] | We’ve got to make sure\nwe make their stay extra nice. | 我们要尽力让他们这次的到访愉快 |
[16:11] | My God, five days. | 天啊 五天 |
[16:16] | Look. | 看 |
[16:19] | It’s so beautiful. | 多漂亮啊 |
[16:22] | Oh, but where would I wear\na Fendi bag? | 但什么场合能让我背这个芬迪包包? |
[16:24] | Oh, go ahead. It’s my treat. | 没事 这个我送给你 |
[16:26] | -No.\n-Yeah. | -不\n-没问题的 |
[16:29] | Really? | 真的? |
[16:31] | Oh, my God. I love it. Look. | 天啊 我太喜欢它了 |
[16:34] | Look. | 看 |
[16:35] | -Take the other one off.\n-No, I like this. | -把另一个取下来吧\n-不 我喜欢那个 |
[16:40] | Boy, this is some place you got here. | 天啊 这地方绝了 |
[16:45] | -I mean, this is unreal.\n-It is. | -简直美得不真实\n-谁说不是呢 |
[16:47] | Reminds me of when I was a kid. | 让我想起我的孩提时代 |
[16:49] | I used to be a lifeguard. | 我曾经做过救生员 |
[16:51] | Start your own construction company?\nGreat idea. | 你要创立你自己的建筑公司吗?\n好主意啊 |
[16:53] | -We came into some money.\n-Tell him how, Augie. | -我们正好有笔钱\n-奥吉 跟他们详细说说 |
[16:56] | -We’ve been saving this story.\n-What? | -这故事我们憋了好久了\n-什么? |
[16:59] | Well, the first 10-, 12,000,\nI really worked for. | 好吧 最初的12000美金是一点点挣来的 |
[17:02] | Put away a little each week. | 每周攒一点点 |
[17:04] | But he’s not telling you the big news. | 他没告诉你们关键的 |
[17:06] | -Why we’re in New York.\n-You tell them. | -我们为什么会来纽约\n-你和他们说啊 |
[17:09] | Okay, I will. | 好 我来说 |
[17:11] | We always play the lottery… | 我们总会在赌场玩几把 |
[17:13] | …and we never even get two numbers.\nAm I right? | 之前连小钱都没怎么赢过的\n对吧? |
[17:16] | But last week, we hit it. | 但上周 我们走运了 |
[17:18] | We got 200,000 bucks. | 我们赢了20万美金 |
[17:20] | Oh, that’s fantastic. | 噢 那真是太棒了 |
[17:22] | -I thought I’d drop dead.\n-That’s great. | -我快高兴昏了\n-真的很棒 |
[17:25] | I never held that kind of money\nin my hands. I mean, ever. | 我从来手里没有捧过那么多钱 |
[17:28] | He was shaking when we won. | 我们赢的时候他都发抖了 |
[17:30] | Me? You had to see her. I had to tell her,\nthis is a once-in-a-lifetime. | 我?你们真该看看她的样子 我必须得告诉她 这是一辈子才能有一次的事 |
[17:34] | -Congratulations.\n-Yeah. | -祝贺你们\n-谢谢 |
[17:36] | He wants to begin a business.\nWhat do you think? | 他打算开展自己的事业\n你们觉得如何 |
[17:39] | Well, if you like, I think Hal\ncould probably help you do better. | 如果你们愿意 也许哈尔能帮你们做得更好 |
[17:44] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[17:45] | You know– You know, I’m no gambler.\nI mean, not with my one chance to– | 我可不是个赌徒\n我不会拿我一辈子仅有的机会去—— |
[17:50] | Hey, come on. We don’t know\nthe first thing about money, but he does. | 我说 我们对钱的第一关键问题都不了解 但是他了解 |
[17:54] | First thing is how not to give half\nyour money to the government. | 第一关键的是 如何不让政府拿走你的一半积蓄 |
[17:58] | Look, I know there’s taxes,\nbut, I mean, what can I do? | 对 我知道有税\n但我能怎么做? |
[18:01] | -There are ways.\n-You see, Augie? You see? | -有办法的\n-看 奥吉 没错吧? |
[18:03] | Suppose I put you in a venture\nthat was low-risk, but very high-yield. | 比如让你做一件风险很低可是回报非常高的事 |
[18:07] | I’m not talking about 6 or 7 percent.\nI’m talking about 20 percent. | 回报可不是百分之六 百分之七\n我说的是百分之二十 |
[18:11] | -Profitable enough?\n-20 percent? | -够吸引人吗?\n-百分之二十? |
[18:13] | He’s developing a group of hotels\nin the Caribbean. | 他正在加勒比开发一些酒店 |
[18:16] | You mean,\nnot starting my own business. | 你的意思是 我不用开展自己的事业? |
[18:19] | No, we mean investing with Hal. | 我们的意思是你可以在哈尔这里投资 |
[18:22] | Jeez, investing what?\nYou mean the whole thing? | 投资什么?\n拿全部的钱? |
[18:25] | You need money to make money.\nAm I right? | 要赚钱得先投钱\n没错吧? |
[18:28] | Ginger. | 金吉 |
[18:29] | Let them in on one of your–\nThe hotel deal or something. | 把钱投到你的酒店开发里 或其他的什么里 |
[18:32] | It’d be great for them. Make a killing. | 对他们来说也是好事 |
[18:34] | -Pay attention, Augie.\n-I’m paying attention. | -注意听 奥吉\n-我在听 |
[18:39] | You will make money for them,\nwon’t you? | 你会帮他们赚钱的 对吧? |
[18:41] | I make money, they make money. | 我赚钱 他们也赚钱 |
[18:43] | God, they’re hard work. | 他们可不容易 |
[18:45] | Tomorrow I’m taking the day off. | 明天我得空出来 |
[18:47] | I’ve neglected everything,\nmy yoga, my Pilates. | 我把事情都放下\n瑜伽 普拉提 |
[18:50] | I’ve got that luncheon to plan… | 要为午宴做准备 |
[18:52] | …the fundraiser\nfor the Central Park Conservancy. | 中央公园保护协会的资金筹集会 |
[18:55] | I’ve rented them a limo and a driver… | 我出租了一辆豪车和司机给他们 |
[18:58] | …and I’ve suggested they go\nto the South Street Seaport. | 而且我建议他们去南街海港 |
[19:01] | Can you imagine if they lived here? | 你能想象他们住在那儿吗? |
[19:06] | Here, for doing your duty. | 这个 给你的奖励 |
[19:09] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[19:11] | I’m giving it to you now so you can wear it\nto your party tomorrow night. | 现在给你 明天晚上的派对就可以戴了 |
[19:16] | Oh, sweetheart, it’s beautiful. | 亲爱的 这太美了 |
[19:20] | Not bad taste\nfor a philistine businessman, huh? | 对一个俗气的生意人而言 我品味还不坏吧 |
[20:55] | -I know, it’s so extravagant.\n-Oh, look at that. | -我明白 这太奢侈了\n-太美了 |
[20:59] | He surprised me in the tub,\nso to speak. | 他在浴缸给我的惊喜 |
[21:02] | Corsica’s a bore. The weather’s nice,\nbut it’s nothing like Sardinia. | 科西嘉岛挺无聊的 天气倒是好\n但是和撒丁岛没法比 |
[21:06] | This year you are coming\nto Palm Beach, no excuses. | 今年你必须来棕榈滩 不能找借口 |
[21:10] | -Hey, Jasmine.\n-What? | -茉莉\n-怎么? |
[21:13] | -Who’s that woman?\n-Which? | -那个女人是谁?\n-谁? |
[21:15] | -That one.\n-Oh, Raylene. | -那个人\n-哦 是瑞琳 |
[21:17] | She’s a friend. I love Raylene. | 她是我的朋友 我非常喜欢她 |
[21:19] | We met in a yoga class. | 我们在瑜伽教室里碰到的 |
[21:21] | -Isn’t she pretty?\n-Yeah. | -她很漂亮对吧\n-嗯 |
[21:23] | She runs a modeling agency. | 她自己开一家模特事务所 |
[21:25] | -How long have you known her?\n-Few years. Why? | -你认识她多久了?\n-不太久 怎么了? |
[21:28] | -And you trust her?\n-Trust her? | -你信任她吗?\n-信任? |
[21:31] | Of course I trust her.\nWhat kind of question is that? | 当然信任了\n怎么这么问? |
[21:35] | She just seems so cozy all night\nwith your husband. | 不觉得她和你丈夫走太近了吗 |
[21:38] | I wouldn’t worry. Hal’s not\nthe roving type, nor is Raylene. | 我不担心 哈尔不是乱来的人 瑞琳也不是 |
[21:42] | -She’s a very close friend.\n-I don’t know. | -她是我很好的朋友\n-我不明白了 |
[21:44] | If it was my husband,\nI’d keep an eye on him. | 如果是我的丈夫 我会留个心眼 |
[21:47] | Goodness, you are a suspicious one. | 老天 你疑心病真重 |
[21:51] | -I’m just saying.\n-Just relax. | -我只是这么一说\n-放松点 |
[21:53] | I am relaxed. | 我很放松 |
[21:56] | You shouldn’t drink so much, Augie. | 奥吉 你不该喝这么多酒 |
[21:58] | Nobody wants to hear\nthose stupid Polish jokes, you know? | 没人愿意听那些愚蠢的波兰笑话 知道吗 |
[22:02] | Oh, I had a drink? | 我喝酒了? |
[22:04] | -Yeah.\n-Yeah? | -是的\n-是吗? |
[22:05] | Let me tell you, you were half in the bag\nthe entire night, okay? | 我告诉你吧 你整晚都醉醺醺的 知道吗 |
[22:11] | Tell me about my drinking. | 告诉我 我怎么个喝法了 |
[22:13] | -Give me that.\n-What’s eating you? | -把那个给我\n-你怎么啦? |
[22:17] | If you saw your friend’s wife kissing\nanother guy, would you tell your friend? | 如果你发现你朋友的妻子和别的男人接吻 你会不会告诉你的朋友? |
[22:21] | -What?\n-Would you tell your friend? | -什么?\n-你会告诉你的朋友吗? |
[22:23] | -I’m talking.\n-Tell him what? | -听我说\n-告诉什么? |
[22:27] | Are you listening to me? | 你没在听我说话吗? |
[22:29] | If you saw your friend’s wife kissing\nanother guy, would you tell your friend? | 如果你发现你朋友的妻子和别的男人接吻 你会不会告诉你的朋友? |
[22:34] | -Would you tell him?\n-Yeah. | -你会告诉吗?\n-会 |
[22:35] | -Bet your ass I’d tell him.\n-But what if it causes trouble? | -我打赌我一定会\n-如果会引起麻烦呢? |
[22:39] | Or maybe a divorce? | 比如离婚? |
[22:40] | If you don’t say anything,\nit could’ve been a passing thing. | 如果什么也不说 也许事情就过去了 |
[22:44] | He never knows and he lives on\nhappy with his wife. | 他什么也不知道 依旧快乐地和妻子在一起 |
[22:47] | You know, I would tell him,\nbecause that’s what a friend’s for. | 我会告诉他 因为这是朋友应该做的 |
[22:50] | You gotta have his back.\nThat’s why I’d tell him. | 朋友应该互相支持 所以我会说 |
[22:54] | It’s a tough call, Augie. I don’t know. | 奥吉 这真的挺难办的 |
[22:58] | -Ginger?\n-What? | -金吉?\n-怎么? |
[23:00] | What are we doing?\nAre we playing charades? | 我们怎么了?在猜谜吗? |
[23:02] | I mean, come on. | 到底怎么了 |
[23:04] | -Did you see something?\n-Yeah. | -你看到什么了吗?\n-是的 |
[23:07] | On the street, by accident. | 在街上 无意中看到的 |
[23:09] | I saw Hal kissing that brunette\nwho was at the party. | 我看到哈尔和派对上那个深色皮肤的女人接吻 |
[23:14] | You saw Hal kiss Raylene? Raylene? | 你看见哈尔和瑞琳接吻?瑞琳? |
[23:19] | You know her name too? | 你也知道她的名字? |
[23:21] | My God, she gets around. | 天啊 她还真是随便得很 |
[23:23] | Oh, we were introduced.\nCome on, you got nothing to worry about. | 我们打了个照面\n当然 你不用担心任何事 |
[23:26] | -Yeah.\n-Nobody could ever take your place. | -嗯\n-没人能取代你 |
[23:29] | Yeah, believe me,\nI wasn’t thinking she’d look at you. | 我只是没想到她还会注意你 |
[23:33] | -Nobody would ever look at me, right?\n-Right. | -我这样的没人会注意 是吗?\n-当然 |
[23:36] | -You looked at me.\n-Yeah, once. It was a mistake. | -你可是把我注意到了\n-那是曾经 我犯错了 |
[23:40] | -All right, listen.\n-What? | -好 听着\n-什么? |
[23:44] | You think Hal’s banging her? | 你觉得哈尔和她有一腿吗? |
[23:46] | When Jasmine don’t wanna\nknow something… | 茉莉也许什么也不想知道 |
[23:49] | …she’s got a habit\nof looking the other way. | 她喜欢视而不见 |
[23:52] | Thank you for my present.\nI got so many comments. | 谢谢你的礼物\n我可是收到了不少好评 |
[23:55] | I think everyone enjoyed themselves\nand that piano player was– | 大家都玩得很开心\n那个钢琴师—— |
[23:59] | He was fantastic. I got his card. | 钢琴师非常棒 我有他的名片 |
[24:02] | What were you talking to Raylene\nso intensely about? | 你和瑞琳那么亲密地在谈什么? |
[24:06] | Oh, her husband is thinking about\ngetting his own plane. | 噢 她丈夫在考虑自己买架飞机 |
[24:10] | I was just weighing the pros and cons\nfor her of a Challenger versus a– | 我在帮她衡量利弊 |
[24:15] | -Gulfstream?\n-Yeah, yeah, yeah. | -湾流公司的飞机?\n-对 对 |
[24:18] | -She’s so pretty.\n-Yeah. | -她可真漂亮\n-是的 |
[24:21] | Bill’s out of town for a couple weeks\nand she’ll be all alone. | Bill要离开几个星期 她是一个人了 |
[24:24] | I thought maybe we could take her out\nto dinner or have her over here. | 我想着带她一起吃晚餐 请她过来玩 |
[24:29] | -Yeah.\n-Great. | -行\n-太好了 |
[24:30] | Sure. | 当然 |
[24:37] | -This is silly, Ginger.\n-Why? | -这太愚蠢了 金吉\n-为什么? |
[24:39] | -It’s Sunday.\n-So? | -这可是周日\n-那又怎么了? |
[24:41] | It’s his day off.\nHe wants to spend it alone with you. | 今天他休假\n他应该和你两个人单独度过 |
[24:44] | He’s alone with me plenty. | 他和我单独一起的时间多了去了 |
[24:46] | If I’m gonna marry Chili,\nyou’re gonna meet him sooner than later. | 如果我要和车利结婚\n你总要见到他的 |
[24:50] | I told him we’d show you the town. | 我跟他说了要带你逛逛 |
[24:52] | -Well, he won’t want your sister around.\n-Will you stop it? | -他肯定不情愿你和我一块儿出现的\n-别说了 |
[24:57] | This city is so beautifully European. | 这个城市很有欧洲风韵 |
[25:00] | Have you ever been abroad? | 你出过国吗? |
[25:02] | -At all?\n-No. | -任何国家?\n-没有 |
[25:04] | We used to sail\nfrom Saint-Tropez to Cannes… | 曾经我们从圣特佩鲁斯扬帆前往戛纳 |
[25:07] | …and up the coast to Monaco. | 再到摩纳哥的海岸 |
[25:10] | -It reminds me of the Mediterranean.\n-There’s Chili. | -这让我想起了地中海\n-车利来啦 |
[25:13] | -Which one?\n-There. | -哪位?\n-那个 |
[25:15] | -Who’s that with him?\n-I don’t know. | -和他一起的是谁?\n-我也不知道 |
[25:18] | -Chili.\n-Hi. | -车利\n-嗨 |
[25:20] | -Hi, hey.\n-You look beautiful. | -你好\n-你真漂亮 |
[25:22] | -Oh, thanks.\n-Yeah. | -谢谢\n-嗯 |
[25:24] | -You smell good too.\n-You’re late. | -你身上的味道真好闻\n-你来迟了 |
[25:26] | -Eddie. Nice to meet you.\n-Hi. Ginger. Hi. | -我是艾迪 很高兴见到你\n-你好 金吉 |
[25:29] | This is Jasmine. | 这是茉莉 |
[25:30] | -Jasmine, hi. I’m Eddie.\n-This is Eddie. | -你好 茉莉 我是艾迪\n-这是艾迪 |
[25:33] | -Nice to meet you. Eddie.\n-I’m Jasmine. | -很高兴见到你\n-我是茉莉 |
[25:35] | -Hi.\n-Ginger told me about you. | -你好\n-金吉和我提起过你 |
[25:37] | Oh, all good, I hope. | 希望说的都是好话 |
[25:39] | I gotta tell you, I was all set\nto move in with your sister. | 我已经准备好和你的妹妹搬到一起了 |
[25:43] | Then she tells me that we gotta postpone\nbecause her sister’s in town. | 然后她说要再等等 因为姐姐过来了 |
[25:47] | -He’s joking.\n-Well, I hope I didn’t inconvenience you. | -她开玩笑的\n-希望我没有打扰到你们 |
[25:50] | It was an emergency. | 真的是紧急事件 |
[25:51] | -No.\n-Things happen. Right, Eddie? | -没有没有\n-总有措手不及的事 对吧艾迪 |
[25:53] | Could’ve happened to anybody. | 每个人身上都可能发生 |
[25:55] | Told me you never been here,\ndon’t know anybody… | 听说你从没来过 也没有朋友 |
[25:58] | …so I brought along this sad excuse\nfor a blind date. | 所以我就把这家伙带来 大家认识认识 |
[26:01] | -Best he could do on short notice.\n-He works with me. | -我是他短时间内能找到的最佳人选了\n-他和我一块儿工作 |
[26:04] | I gotta get a beer. | 我来瓶啤酒 |
[26:06] | -You want a beer?\n-Can I buy you a drink? | -你要啤酒?\n-我请你喝一杯? |
[26:08] | -I have a drink, but thank you.\n-I’m dropping dead of hunger. | -我有喝的了 还是谢谢你\n-我快饿死了 |
[26:12] | This place has the best clams. | 这儿的蛤蜊特别好 |
[26:14] | You like clams, Jasmine? | 你喜欢蛤蜊吗 茉莉 |
[26:16] | No, no, no. I’m not hungry. | 不 我一点儿都不饿 |
[26:18] | What the hell are you drinking?\nLet me see. What is this? | 你在喝些什么?\n我看看 这是什么? |
[26:21] | -Is it vodka?\n-Martini. | -伏特加?\n-马提尼 |
[26:23] | -This place has the best clams in the city.\n-The best are at Manero’s. | -这个地方有全市最好的蛤蜊\n-最好的是在马立龙餐厅 |
[26:27] | -You’re nuts. They don’t even compare.\n-Who cares? | -得了吧 根本没法比\n-谁在乎这个? |
[26:30] | This place is good too. They’re fresh.\nThat’s the thing with clams. | 这儿很不错 都很新鲜\n蛤蜊最重要是新鲜 |
[26:33] | You get a bad clam,\nyou’ll wish you were never born. | 如果吃到不新鲜的 那感觉简直想死 |
[26:37] | -So, what do you do, Jasmine?\n-I told you, she just got here. | -茉莉 你是做什么的?\n-我和你说了 她才刚来 |
[26:40] | -She’s looking for a job.\n-Yeah? | -她正在找工作\n-是吗? |
[26:42] | I know a dentist who’s looking for help. | 我知道一个牙医正需要助手 |
[26:45] | -Oh, yeah?\n-No, I’m actually thinking… | -是吗?\n-不 我在想…… |
[26:47] | -…of going back to school.\n-School? | -……想重新回学校里读书\n-学校? |
[26:51] | To study what? | 读什么? |
[26:54] | I don’t know. I mean,\nthe biggest mistake I made… | 我不知道\n我犯过最大的错 |
[26:57] | …was leaving college in my last year\nand not completing my education. | 就是在大学的最后一年放弃了学业 |
[27:02] | What would you be? | 你本来会做哪一行? |
[27:03] | An anthropologist. | 人类学家 |
[27:06] | Really? Like digging up old fossils? | 是吗?比如挖化石? |
[27:08] | That’s an archaeologist. | 那是考古学家 |
[27:10] | Ginger told me the whole story. | 金吉和我说了事情的经过 |
[27:12] | That must be terrible, right? | 一定很糟糕 对吧? |
[27:14] | One minute you’re on top of the world,\nthe next– | 上一分钟还在世界的顶端 下一分钟…… |
[27:17] | -Guy turns out to be a crook.\n-Yeah. | -男人靠不住\n-没错 |
[27:19] | Her husband, he owned racehorses. | 她的丈夫本来还是马主 有自己的赛马 |
[27:22] | -Is that so?\n-Yeah. | -是这样吗?\n-是的 |
[27:23] | Oh, yes, yes, for a year or two… | 对的 有那么一两年 |
[27:27] | …Hal became quite obsessed\nwith thoroughbreds. | 哈尔对赛马非常痴迷 |
[27:30] | So, what are you gonna study\nin college? | 那么你打算在学校里学什么? |
[27:32] | Let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[27:34] | A nurse. | 护士 |
[27:36] | Is that how I impress you? | 我给你留下的是这样的印象? |
[27:38] | -A nurse?\n-You got something against nurses? | -一个护士?\n-护士有什么不好? |
[27:42] | -My sister’s a nurse.\n-Nurses are very hot to go to bed with. | -我姐姐就是护士\n-和护士上床很不错 |
[27:45] | They have extensive knowledge\nof how the human body works. | 她们对人的身体很了解 |
[27:49] | -Careful what you accuse my sister of.\n-Just saying, I know a few good nurses. | -注意点 我姐姐就是护士\n-只是说说 我认识一些好护士 |
[27:53] | Chili, why don’t you\nchange the subject? | 车利 不如换个话题吧 |
[27:55] | You think you’re being charming,\nbut you’re not. | 你觉得你说的有意思 但其实并没有 |
[27:58] | You always stare into space like that? | 你经常这样分神吗? |
[28:01] | I had a friend who used to do that… | 我有个朋友以前就这样 |
[28:04] | …but there was something wrong\nwith him. He was epileptic. | 但他有点不正常\n他有癫痫病 |
[28:08] | I’m not epileptic. | 我没有癫痫病 |
[28:11] | If you see the waitress,\nI’d like another Stoli martini. | 如果你看见服务员 帮我再叫一杯斯特里马提尼 |
[28:15] | -What are you gonna study?\n-Leave her alone. | -你要学什么?\n-让她安静一会儿吧 |
[28:17] | -It’s like the third time you asked.\n-So? She hasn’t answered. | -你已经问第三遍了\n-怎么了?她也没回答呀 |
[28:21] | I don’t know, but I’ll be sure\nto keep you informed. | 我不知道 但我决定了肯定告诉你 |
[28:24] | -Oh, okay, sorry. I’ll back off.\n-I’m sorry, I don’t mean to be curt. | -对不起 我不再问了\n-真抱歉 我只是不想随便回答 |
[28:29] | I just don’t know what I’m gonna do\nwith the rest of my life. | 我只是不知道我以后到底要做什么 |
[28:32] | -What do you wanna do?\n-Why don’t we take her to see the sights? | -你想做什么?\n-为什么不带她周围逛逛呢? |
[28:36] | Then back to my place. She likes vodka.\nMy buddy’s just back from Russia. | 然后到我那儿去\n她喜欢伏特加 我的朋友刚从俄罗斯回来 |
[28:40] | -Brought me this incredible vodka.\n-Great idea. | -给我带了些好的伏特加\n-好主意 |
[28:42] | -You’re gonna love my place.\n-Yeah, let’s go. | -你会喜欢我那儿的\n-好啊 走吧 |
[29:15] | -Wait till you try this vodka.\n-All right, man. | -来尝尝这伏特加把\n-好啊 |
[29:18] | I wish my apartment had a garden. | 我真希望我的公寓有个院子 |
[29:20] | -We didn’t take her inside Alcatraz.\n-Thank you. | -我们没带她去恶魔岛\n-谢谢 |
[29:23] | -They got tours in there, Jasmine.\n-Ginger said your ex-husband did time? | -那地方可以去看看 茉莉\n-金吉说你的前夫坐过牢? |
[29:27] | He’d still be doing time\nif he didn’t hang himself in his cell. | 如果不是他把自己吊死了\n他现在应该还在监狱里 |
[29:31] | -Really? Like with a belt?\n-Well, it had to be a belt. Or a bedsheet. | -是吗?用皮带?\n-那里只能用皮带或者床单 |
[29:35] | -Could be a bedsheet.\n-No. | -也许是床单\n-不 |
[29:37] | He managed to get a piece of rope. | 他想办法弄到了一条绳子 |
[29:42] | Plain rope. | 平常的绳子 |
[29:44] | You can get anything if you got juice. | 在监狱里还是能找到些东西的 |
[29:46] | That’s some way to go.\nStrangle yourself to death? | 为什么要勒死自己? |
[29:49] | No, it wasn’t strangulation. | 不 并不是勒死 |
[29:51] | When you hang yourself,\nyour neck breaks. | 当你上吊的时候 脖子就断了 |
[29:54] | I wouldn’t feel sorry for him.\nHe hurt a lot of people. | 我并不难过 他伤害了太多人 |
[29:57] | -Oh, yeah?\n-Yeah, including me and Augie and her. | -是吗?\n-是的 包括我,奥吉和她 |
[30:01] | A lot of people are under\nthe misapprehension you strangle… | 很多人都以为是被勒死的 |
[30:04] | -…but your neck snaps.\n-Okay, we got it. | -但其实是脖子断了\n-好吧 我明白了 |
[30:07] | He was a bad guy, you know? | 他可不是个好人 知道吗 |
[30:09] | He lived like a big shot\non other people’s money. | 他利用别人的钱 自己过着奢侈生活 |
[30:12] | -And he played around behind her back.\n-No. | -而且还背着她乱来\n-天啊 不会吧 |
[30:16] | -Jasmine, go and start your cooldown.\n-Oh, good. | -茉莉 可以开始歇会儿了\n-太好了 |
[30:22] | -Hey, Jas.\n-Yeah? | -茉莉\n-嗯? |
[30:24] | I know you don’t wanna go\nto the Yankee game tonight. | 我知道你不想去看今晚洋基队的比赛 |
[30:27] | I’d go to any sporting event with you,\nyou know, but I just never got baseball. | 任何体育赛事我都愿意陪你去 但我就是不看棒球 |
[30:31] | -I thought I’d ask Melanie. She’s a fan.\n-Oh, sure. God, she’ll be thrilled. | -我想我可以叫梅兰妮去 她很喜欢\n-好啊 她肯定很高兴 |
[30:36] | -Hey, Mel?\n-Yeah? | -梅兰妮?\n-嗯? |
[30:37] | -You like baseball, right?\n-I love baseball. Why? | -你喜欢看棒球的 对吧?\n-我爱死棒球了 怎么了 |
[30:40] | I got two season tickets\nbehind the Yankee dugout for tonight. | 我有两张今晚比赛的票 就在洋基队休息区旁的座位 |
[30:45] | I don’t have anybody else to go with me.\nAre you free? | 没人和我去 你有空吗? |
[30:48] | Absolutely, if you’re sure\nthere’s nobody else. | 当然了 如果没有其他人去的话 |
[30:51] | No. | 没有 |
[30:52] | -No, no, you’ll do just fine.\n-All right, thanks. | -没有其他人 你去就很好\n-好啊 谢谢 |
[30:58] | -This is where you live? Nice.\n-Yeah. | -你住在这儿?真不错\n-是啊 |
[31:00] | -Hey, can you grab the groceries for me?\n-Yeah. | -能帮我去买点东西吗\n-好 |
[31:09] | -I can get this one.\n-Get them. | -我可以拿这个\n-拿着吧 |
[31:11] | -You got it? All right.\n-I got it. | -你拿得了吗?\n-可以 |
[31:16] | -Oh, no.\n-That’s okay, don’t worry. | -噢 不好\n-没事 别管了 |
[31:18] | -No more vodka for you.\n-I didn’t have any vodka. | -不给你喝伏特加了\n-我没喝到一点伏特加 |
[31:21] | -I didn’t have no vodka.\n-I know about you. | -我没有喝到\n-我太了解你了 |
[31:23] | Hey, hey, come here,\ncome here, come here. | 过来一下 |
[31:26] | -Take it upstairs?\n- Yes? | -把这个拿上楼?\n-是的 |
[31:27] | -Yeah.\n-All right. | -好 |
[31:29] | Eddie wants your phone number. | 艾迪想要你的号码 |
[31:32] | -Why?\n-I think he wants to call you. | -为什么?\n-我想他希望再联系你 |
[31:34] | I think he wants to ask you out,\nyou know, for dinner. | 他想再约你 比如一起吃晚餐 |
[31:37] | -Look, I’m busy at the moment.\n-He’s a terrific guy. Look at him. | -我现在很忙\n-他人很不错 你看看她 |
[31:41] | Well, why doesn’t he ask me himself? | 那为什么他不自己找我要? |
[31:44] | Because he’s shy, you know?\nHe thinks he’s short. | 因为他比较害羞 他觉得自己矮 |
[31:49] | Look, I’m concentrating\non school, okay? | 其实 我现在集中精力在学校的事上 |
[31:52] | -And getting a job.\n-That’s perfect. | -以及找一份工作\n-那很好啊 |
[31:54] | Right, he knows this dentist. | 他有认识的牙医 |
[31:56] | No, I have no interest\nin being a receptionist. | 我并不想做接待员 |
[31:59] | What did you have in mind,\nrunning a bank? | 你心里想做什么?\n开银行? |
[32:02] | -Is this what you wanted to talk about?\n-And how long you’re planning… | -现在我们需要聊这个吗?\n-那你打算 |
[32:06] | -…on staying with Ginger.\n-Oh, right. It’s just till I find my feet. | -在金吉这里待多久?\n-到我能自己立足吧 |
[32:09] | We have a lot of big plans. | 我们有很多的计划 |
[32:11] | Don’t worry, I’m not gonna ruin\nany of your big plans. | 别担心 我不打算破坏你们的任何计划 |
[32:14] | No one wants to get out of here\nas fast as I do. | 没人比我更想早日从这儿离开了 |
[32:17] | I’m sure this is a big comedown\nfrom what you’re used to. | 我明白现在和你的过去比起来是跌到谷底了 |
[32:21] | It’s fine. It’s– I’m grateful for her help. | 没关系 我非常感激她的帮助 |
[32:24] | So you don’t want Eddie to call you? | 所以你不希望艾迪联系你? |
[32:26] | No, I’m not ready to go out\nat the moment. | 不希望 我还没准备好重新开始约会 |
[32:31] | Ginger said\nyou had a nervous breakdown. | 金吉说你精神崩溃了 |
[32:37] | She tends to be quite dramatic. | 她总是把事情说得夸张 |
[32:39] | Said you were in the street,\ntalking to yourself. | 她说你在街上自言自语 |
[32:44] | You know, I don’t think\nthat this is any of your business. | 我觉得这和你没有关系 |
[32:48] | No, but since I’m marrying her,\nwe don’t have any secrets between us. | 不 因为我和她打算结婚的 我们之间没有秘密 |
[32:58] | -What did Chili want?\n-Oh, nothing. | -车利和你说什么?\n-没什么 |
[33:01] | His retarded boyfriend wanted a date,\nbut he was too shy to ask. | 他的白痴朋友想约会 又不敢开口 |
[33:05] | -What do you think of Chili?\n-He’s very anxious to move in with you. | -你觉得车利怎么样\n-他急着搬进来 |
[33:09] | Yeah, I know. He’s got the hots for me. | 我知道 他对我很着迷 |
[33:11] | Can I speak frankly? | 我能坦白说吗? |
[33:13] | -You hate him?\n-Yeah. | -你讨厌他?\n-是的 |
[33:15] | I could tell you two didn’t hit it off. | 我能看出来 你们不是一路人 |
[33:18] | He’s another version of Augie.\nHe’s a loser. | 他就是另一个奥吉\n他是个失败者 |
[33:21] | Hey, didn’t I hear Eddie say\nhe knows a dentist looking for help? | 刚才艾迪是不是说有牙医在招助手? |
[33:25] | Oh, forget it! Jesus, it’s too menial! | 得了吧 那种活儿太不入眼 |
[33:29] | I’d go nuts. | 我要疯了 |
[33:32] | I wanna go back to school. | 我希望重回学校 |
[33:35] | I wanna get my degree and become,\nyou know, something substantial. | 我希望取得我的学位 做些充实的事 |
[33:41] | I can’t just do some mindless job. | 我无法忍受做没有意义的工作 |
[33:44] | I was forced to take a job selling shoes\non Madison Avenue. | 我被迫做过一份在麦迪逊大街卖鞋的工作 |
[33:47] | Oh, so humiliating. | 太丢脸了 |
[33:50] | Friends I’d had at dinner parties\nat our apartment came in… | 那些在我公寓里参加的晚宴的朋友们走进店里来 |
[33:54] | …and I waited on them. I mean,\ndo you have any idea what that’s like? | 我在他们身旁伺候 你能想象那滋味吗 |
[33:58] | You know, one minute,\nyou’re hosting women… | 之前你还是款待他们的女主人 |
[34:02] | …and the next, you’re measuring\ntheir shoe size and fitting them. | 然后你开始帮他们量鞋子的尺码 |
[34:07] | Erica Bishop came into the store. | 艾丽卡.比夏普走到店里来 |
[34:09] | She saw me\nand was so embarrassed for me… | 她看到我 为我感到难堪 |
[34:13] | …she slipped out\nthinking I didn’t see her. | 她马上离开了 以为我没有看到她 |
[34:17] | I saw you, Erica! | 我看到你了!艾丽卡! |
[34:22] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧? |
[34:25] | Hey, you got great taste. | 你品味很好的 |
[34:28] | Maybe you could do something\nin fashion. | 你可以做些和时尚有关的工作 |
[34:32] | Or designing. Yeah? | 或者设计 对吧? |
[34:35] | -Yeah, that’s true.\n-Yeah. | -是的 也对\n-对啊 |
[34:37] | Everyone used to say\nI’d make a good interior decorator. | 大家都说我会是个很好的室内装修师 |
[34:42] | There’s courses,\nbut, you know, they cost money. | 倒是有这样的课程 可是都很费钱 |
[34:45] | No, Eve Logan\ngot her decorator’s license online. | 也不会 伊娃.罗根就是在网上取得她的装修资格证的 |
[34:49] | On a computer? | 用电脑? |
[34:51] | I guess you could, but– | 我想你也可以 |
[34:53] | Yeah, I’m so computer illiterate. | 我虽然完全不懂电脑 |
[34:57] | But I could take a class in computers. | 但我可以学习电脑方面的课程 |
[34:59] | And then when I can handle a computer,\nthen I can study decorating online. | 我能操作电脑 就可以在网上修装修的课程了 |
[35:04] | -That sounds too complicated.\n-Why is your reaction always negative? | -听起来挺复杂\n-你的反应怎么总这么消极 |
[35:09] | I’m just saying. | 我只是说说 |
[35:11] | You know, first you gotta\nlearn computers… | 你想 首先要学电脑 |
[35:13] | …and then go for a decorator’s\nlicense online. | 再取得一个网上的装修资格证 |
[35:16] | You’re afraid I’ll stay here too long. | 你怕我在你这儿待得太久了? |
[35:20] | No, you know– | 不是的 你知道的 |
[35:22] | Just all those courses,\nthey cost money. | 只是这些课程 都很贵 |
[35:26] | You’ll work out here. It’s mostly phones\nand keeping my appointments straight. | 你就在这儿工作 大多数都是来电预约 |
[35:31] | There’s the follow-up cards,\nwhich I explained… | 这些是回访卡 我已经介绍过了 |
[35:34] | …and the notices for cleanings. | 还有清洁注意事项 |
[35:37] | Any questions? | 有问题吗? |
[35:40] | Tell Dr. Flicker it’s an emergency. | 请告诉弗里克医生 事态紧急 |
[35:43] | -Come on, come on.\n- Yes? | -好吗 可以吗?\n-喂? |
[35:47] | What? | 什么? |
[35:49] | Yes, a cancellation. | 噢 取消预约 |
[35:51] | Oh, you want to cancel. | 你想取消是吗 |
[35:54] | -When?\n-Please. | -什么时间?\n-拜托你了 |
[35:55] | Wait, wait, wait. You said the 24th. | 稍等 稍等 你说24号 |
[35:59] | My husband has an abscess. | 我丈夫有脓肿 |
[36:01] | Can you just put someone on\nwho speaks better English? | 能不能让英语说得好些的人来说? |
[36:05] | The software interface\nis what provides you, the user… | 软件的界面 是为了让用户 |
[36:10] | …the ability to control the hardware,\nthe computer. | 更好地操控电脑的硬件 |
[36:13] | Okay, that’s the operating. | 这就是操作 |
[36:15] | The operating system\ngives you that ability. | 操作系统赋予你这种能力 |
[36:19] | I need an appointment in two weeks. | 我需要一个两周内的预约 |
[36:27] | Is the 10th good for you? | 10号可以吗? |
[36:30] | The 10th. Yes, fine. | 10号 行吧 |
[36:33] | Oh, better make it the 12th. | 最好是12号 |
[36:36] | -Oh, we’re all booked on the 12th.\n-Okay. | -12号约满了\n-好吧 |
[36:39] | Make it the 14th. | 那就14号吧 |
[36:41] | -The 14th?\n-Oh, no. | -14号?\n-噢 不 |
[36:43] | Is 3 good on the 9th? | 9号的3点可以吗? |
[36:45] | Or noon on the 11th? | 或者11号的中午? |
[36:48] | Can you just settle on a time, please?\nJust pick a time. | 直接给个确定时间行吗 选一个时间就行 |
[36:52] | Remember the yoga class. | 想象练瑜伽的时候 |
[36:57] | Deep breath. | 深呼吸 |
[37:00] | Breathe deeply. | 深呼吸 |
[37:03] | All right, deep breath. | 好的 深呼吸 |
[37:10] | If you take a deep breath,\nyou can smell the honeysuckle. | 深呼吸的时候 能闻到香味 |
[37:14] | -Beautiful. Make a great perfume.\n-It would. | -是啊 像香水似的\n-可不是吗 |
[37:17] | -Your polo pony’s in great shape.\n-Thank you. | -你的球赛马身形很好\n-谢谢 |
[37:19] | -No, I have never seen a polo match.\n-Really? | -我从来没看过马球比赛\n-是吗? |
[37:22] | My husband’s a fanatic. Not to say\nhe’s good at it, but it keeps him busy. | 我丈夫对那个很着迷 也打得好 但是这占去了他大量的时间 |
[37:27] | We got a flight to catch. | 我们要赶飞机 |
[37:28] | Hal’s taking Danny to Augusta\nfor the Masters. | 他要带但你去奥古斯塔看大师赛 |
[37:31] | They’re golf degenerates.\nI’ll be home alone. | 他们都是狂热粉丝 我就要一个人在家了 |
[37:34] | -We’ll be back in three days.\n-Did we tell you? | -我们三天就回来\n-我们有没有告诉过你们? |
[37:37] | -Danny was first in his class at Harvard.\n-No. | -丹尼在哈佛是他们班第一名\n-没有啊 |
[37:39] | -Yes.\n-Congratulations. | -是的 他是第一名\n-祝贺祝贺 |
[37:41] | -Thanks.\n-He’s a math genius. | -谢谢\n-他是个数学天才 |
[37:42] | He’s the genius. Dad did a guest lecture\nat the business school… | 他才是天才 他在我们的商学院办过讲座 |
[37:46] | …and everyone said\nit was the best lecture. | 大家都说是最好的讲座 |
[37:49] | Naturally I became an instant\ncelebrity on campus. | 立刻我就变成校园名人了 |
[37:52] | Hey, I need your signature\non these, baby. | 我需要你在这上面签字 亲爱的 |
[37:56] | Be careful. Don’t get hit by a golf ball.\nThat’s how Ray Becker died. | 小心点 别被高尔夫打中了 雷.贝克就这么死的 |
[38:01] | You know, a little blue bruise\non his temple. | 就是他太阳穴上那个淤青 |
[38:14] | What are you always studying\nin your spare time? | 你业余时间学些什么? |
[38:18] | Well, I’m trying to learn\nto use a computer. | 我试着学电脑 |
[38:21] | I wanna study interior design online. | 我想在线修室内设计课程 |
[38:25] | Oh, you wanna be a decorator? | 你想做装修师? |
[38:27] | Yeah, it’s where my strongest gifts are. | 对 我在这方面比较有天赋 |
[38:29] | You know, I have a natural flair\nfor space and color… | 我对空间和色彩天生就敏感 |
[38:32] | …and an eye for choosing\nsoft furnishings. | 我选室内装饰品的眼光也很好 |
[38:35] | It’s very commendable, but I can’t really\nhave you studying on work time… | 非常好 但是我不能让你在工作时间学习 |
[38:40] | …if it interferes\nwith the business at hand. | 我担心会影响你手头的工作 |
[38:42] | Yes. I’m sorry. It won’t happen again. | 抱歉 再也不会了 |
[38:45] | Please, see that it doesn’t. | 请别再这么做了 |
[38:49] | -I was gonna ask you a question.\n- Yes? | -我想问个问题\n-嗯? |
[38:57] | Would you have a drink with me? | 愿意和我一起喝一杯吗? |
[39:00] | A drink? | 喝一杯? |
[39:04] | I’d love it if you could. | 如果你愿意我会很高兴的 |
[39:06] | Well, it would have to be a quick one… | 可以啊 如果时间不长的话 |
[39:09] | …because, you know,\nI’m meeting my boyfriend for dinner. | 因为晚上我要和男朋友吃晚餐 |
[39:17] | I was just saying… | 我想说的是 |
[39:18] | …you can tell awful lot about people\nwhen you look in their mouths. | 当你往人们嘴里看的时候 你可以了解他们很多 |
[39:22] | Are they conscientious?\nAre they disciplined? Are they vain? | 他们是善良?还是严谨?还是无用之人? |
[39:26] | Or careless?\nYou have to know what to look for. | 又或者是粗心?\n当然你要明白怎么看 |
[39:29] | Do you have the time?\nI have to keep an eye on it. | 你知道几点了吗?我必须得留意时间 |
[39:32] | I’ve got homework. | 还有作业要做 |
[39:33] | This computer thing is proving\na little more difficult than I imagined. | 电脑比我想得还要难 |
[39:39] | It’s funny, really, because I used to be\na straight-A student in college. | 真有意思 我在大学曾经是全A的学生 |
[39:43] | You know, but they say every year,\nmillions of brain cells just die off. | 有人说每年有百万个脑细胞死亡 |
[39:48] | You have good teeth. | 你的牙齿很好 |
[39:51] | I’m sure you get\nmany compliments on them. | 肯定有很多人夸它 |
[39:54] | -Well, thank you.\n-Yeah. | -没错 谢谢\n-嗯 |
[39:57] | You know,\nyou’re a very beautiful woman. | 知道吗 你真的很漂亮 |
[40:01] | Are you serious with your boyfriend? | 你和你男朋友是认真的吗? |
[40:04] | I don’t mean to pry. | 我并不是有意打探你的隐私 |
[40:09] | God, life is complicated. | 天啊 生活真复杂 |
[40:13] | Have you ever had any children? | 你曾经有过孩子吗? |
[40:15] | How do you expect me to react\nwhen my father is unmasked… | 你觉得我应该有什么反应?我的父亲忽然变脸 |
[40:19] | -…as a common thief?\n-You can’t just drop out of Harvard. | -成为一个贼?\n-你不能就这样哈佛退学 |
[40:22] | No, it’s too humiliating.\nI wanna die when I see what he’s done. | 我颜面何存?我看到他做的那些事真想死 |
[40:25] | -How he lied, stole, ruined people.\n-I know– | -他骗人 骗取别人的钱财 毁了那么多人\n-我知道—— |
[40:28] | He is a sleazy criminal. | 他是个肮脏的罪犯 |
[40:29] | But if you drop out, you will be\nthrowing away your whole future. | 但如果你退学 你就是放弃了自己的前途 |
[40:33] | You think I could ever face anybody\nup at school? | 那我怎么面对学校里的人? |
[40:36] | My father, who I bragged\nto everyone about? | 我曾经向大家夸耀的父亲 |
[40:38] | The financial genius, generous,\nthe philanthropist? | 一个金融奇才 一个慷慨慈善家 一个乐善好施者? |
[40:41] | He’s such a phony.\nHe’s a cheap crook. | 他只是个骗子\n一个廉价的骗子 |
[40:44] | His charitable contributions\nwith stolen money. | 做慈善用的是骗来的钱 |
[40:47] | Well, just think how he feels.\nHe was arrested in the street. | 那你也想想他在大街上被捕的感受 |
[40:50] | -It’s in all the papers.\n-How can you look at him? | -所有的报纸都重登出来了\n-你还看他? |
[40:53] | Did you not suspect anything\nor did you not care? | 你是对任何事都没怀疑 还是你根本不在乎? |
[40:56] | -What does that mean?\n-It didn’t pay for you to ask questions. | -那是什么意思?\n-你别问了 |
[40:59] | Think I would have allowed him\nto set up corporations under my name? | 你想想他的公司都是以我的名义办的 |
[41:03] | Sign accounts? This is no cake walk.\nI could get indicted. | 我签的字 这可不是小事\n我会被告的 |
[41:06] | He’s done nothing but lie over the years.\nHe is a con man and a hypocrite. | 他这些年一直满嘴谎言\n他就是个虚伪的人渣 |
[41:11] | This is how you respond, by squandering\nyour life to get even with him? | 那你呢?你就打算这样耽误自己的人生吗? |
[41:15] | Don’t try to find me, because you won’t. | 别试着找我了 |
[41:19] | He’s a fucking bum. Let’s go. | 快把那家伙干掉 |
[41:21] | Let’s go, let’s go. Get out of the clinch. | 快点 别被揪住 |
[41:24] | -Hey. Hey.\n-That’s it, pop the jab. | -喂 喂\n-这就对了 |
[41:26] | Hey, guys, keep it down.\nMy sister’s trying to study. | 伙计们 声音小点 我姐姐正在学习 |
[41:29] | When can we stop tiptoeing around? | 我们啥时候才能不屏气凝声? |
[41:31] | -Pop the jab.\n-She’ll hear you. | -快上\n-她会听到的 |
[41:33] | Well, I don’t care.\nI work hard all week. I wanna relax. | 我可不在意 我辛苦工作了一星期就想放松 |
[41:38] | -Let’s go, come on.\n-Let’s go. Work the body. | -快打 来吧\n-来吧 动起来 |
[41:42] | -The guy’s just standing.\n-Look. | -这家伙就这么站着\n-看吧 |
[41:47] | Her sister, she had millions.\nTurned out she married a crook. | 她姐姐 曾经腰缠万贯 结果发现嫁给了一个骗子 |
[41:51] | Look, where was she\nwhen she was loaded… | 我问你 当她有钱的时候 |
[41:54] | …and you were tending bar,\nwaiting tables? | 你在酒吧里当服务员的时候 她在哪里 |
[41:56] | Now family’s family? | 现在又是一家人了? |
[42:00] | -Yeah.\n-Yeah, nice. You can see the money. | -好啊\n-真不错 你能看到你的钱了 |
[42:02] | -I know.\n-He’s right. | -我知道\n-他是对的 |
[42:04] | Is it possible,\nwithout ruining any of your fun… | 请问 在不影响你们乐趣的前提下 |
[42:07] | …that you could lower the TV a bit? | 是否能把电视的声音调小一点? |
[42:09] | Hey, Jasmine, why don’t you\nstop working for a bit? Have a beer. | 茉莉 不如你休息一下 过来喝一杯 |
[42:13] | Believe me, I wish I could. | 请相信我 我也恨不得休息一下 |
[42:16] | What kind of work are you doing? | 你在做什么工作? |
[42:18] | I’m trying to work a computer… | 我在学电脑 |
[42:22] | …but it seems I have no aptitude for it. | 不过看来我没什么天分 |
[42:25] | Hey, listen, I just–\nI want you to know… | 听着 我希望你明白 |
[42:27] | …it’s great when a grown-up continues\nwith their education. Not for nothing. | 一个成年人不求任何事地 愿意继续学习 是非常好的 |
[42:32] | Well, my goal is to\nstudy interior decorating online. | 我的目标是在线学习室内装修 |
[42:38] | Why don’t you just go\nto decorator school? | 为什么不直接去相关的学校? |
[42:42] | Well, I have to use my days to work\nand pay my way. | 因为白天我要工作 支持我的生活 |
[42:47] | As Hal said,\n”It’s not the money, it’s the money.” | 就像哈尔说的“和钱没关系 但不能没钱” |
[42:51] | Yeah, okay, but, you know,\nlife ain’t all work and no play, right? | 是的 不过生活也不能都是工作没有娱乐 对吧 |
[42:55] | Ginger says between work and school,\nyou’re cracking up. | 金吉说在学校和工作之间奔波 你都要垮了 |
[42:58] | -Hey, why don’t you shut up?\n-No, no. | -你别说了行吗\n-没关系 |
[43:00] | I’ll admit, it’s been very trying… | 我承认 是很费劲 |
[43:03] | …but I’m determined\nto make something of myself. | 但我决心要自己做些什么 |
[43:06] | -You don’t like working with the dentist?\n-No, I do not. | -你在牙医那儿做得不开心吗?\n-我不喜欢 |
[43:10] | Well, Ginger said\nyou’re not used to working a job. | 好吧 金吉说你还不适应做一份工作 |
[43:14] | Well, in that respect,\nI was very fortunate. | 是的 我曾经很富有 |
[43:16] | He was a handsome guy with money. | 他曾经是个有钱的帅哥 |
[43:18] | He was smooth talker and pampered her.\nWhat’s she gonna say, no? | 他有耐心 又宠她\n她难道能说不吗? |
[43:23] | I got it. | 明白了 |
[43:25] | Why does it have to be a decorator?\nWhy can’t you pick something else? | 为什么非要是装修师 不能是其他的? |
[43:30] | What would you want me to do? | 那你觉得应该做什么? |
[43:32] | Do you want me to wait tables?\nBag groceries? | 做女服务员?给东西打包? |
[43:35] | Hey, Ginger bags groceries. | 喂 金吉就是打包员 |
[43:38] | Well, Ginger and l\nare completely different people. | 金吉和我是完全不同的人 |
[43:42] | Yeah, she got the good genes. | 没错 她基因比较好 |
[43:44] | It’s not genetic. You can’t always\nblame everything on your genes. | 和基因没关系 你不能把事情都归到基因上 |
[43:48] | If you’re prepared to work hard\nand not settle– | 如果你做好了努力工作的准备 |
[43:50] | -What, you mean Augie?\n-She means me. | -你说奥吉?\n-她说的是我 |
[43:53] | Who do I have to sleep with around here\nto get a Stoli martini with twist of lemon? | 我想知道我要和你们这里面的谁睡觉才能得到一杯带柠檬的斯特里马提尼? |
[44:04] | That’s what I…. | 我 …… |
[44:06] | What–? What–?\nOh, Christ, I can’t remember. | 天啊 我不记得了 |
[44:10] | So, Chili was telling me that you used\nto have a really nice collection of cars. | 车利告诉我你曾今收集过很多好车? |
[44:15] | Oh, yes, my husband did. | 是的 我丈夫有过 |
[44:16] | He used to collect vintage\nBentleys and Mercedes. | 他收集古董宾利和奔驰 |
[44:22] | -Wow, those are expensive cars.\n-Yes, they are. | -哇 那些都是天价\n-没错 |
[44:26] | You know, having wealth\nis nothing to be ashamed of. | 有钱不是什么可耻的事 |
[44:30] | -We were very civic-minded.\n-Yeah, with other people’s money. | -我们都很热心公益\n-没错 用别人的钱 |
[44:33] | This guy lost every penny\nof Ginger’s money. | 那家伙把金吉的钱全部卷跑了 |
[44:36] | I tried to bring my sister\nand her husband in on a good thing. | 我本来是希望帮助我妹妹和妹夫的 |
[44:40] | I mean, what do I know\nabout financial schemes? | 我怎么可能知道那些金融的阴谋? |
[44:43] | You’ll be very happy to know\nthat I lost every cent of my own money. | 如果你知道我也身无分文了 你是不是能好受一点 |
[44:46] | You know, every home,\nevery stick of furniture… | 每一间房子 每一件家具 |
[44:49] | …every fur, every ring\nand every bank account… | 每一件皮草 每个戒指\n每个银行账户 |
[44:52] | …and still it wasn’t enough\nto placate the government. | 这都还不够 |
[44:55] | Her husband was a slick operator.\nI was there a week… | 她丈夫狡猾极了\n我曾经在他们那里待了一星期 |
[44:58] | -…I knew he was hitting on her girlfriend.\n-I really need to study. | -我知道他和她的好朋友不干净\n-我必须开始学习了 |
[45:03] | -I need some peace, okay?\n-Okay. | -我需要安静 行吗?\n-好的 |
[45:06] | I’m not gonna make it\nif you turn this place into a nightclub. | 你们继续把这儿弄得像俱乐部一样 我没法学习 |
[45:09] | -I can’t. I just can’t.\n-All right, all right, all right. | -没法 就是没法\n-好的 好的 好的 |
[45:13] | -Everybody out. The girl’s got homework.\n-What? Main event’s not on ye | -大家都出去好吗 让她完成作业\n-什么?我们还没开始呢 |
[45:16] | -Out.\n-I’m not leaving now. | -出去吧\n-我要走了 |
[45:18] | You know, she’s right about you, Chili. | 她说的是对的 车利 |
[45:21] | -You drink, you become a jerk.\n-What about her? She’s drink– | -你一喝酒就成了个混蛋\n-那她呢? 她喝—— |
[45:24] | Jerk? Come here. | 混蛋?过来 |
[45:27] | I’m sorry I don’t drive a Bentley. | 真抱歉我没有宾利 |
[45:29] | -Let’s go to the bar.\n-Bye, guys. Thank you for coming. | -我们去酒吧吧\n-再见啦 谢谢你们今天来 |
[45:33] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[45:35] | -Jesus, it’s a mess.\n-Oh, I’m sorry. | -天啊 真是一团糟\n-对不起 |
[45:37] | Ginger, I’m really– I don’t–\nI don’t know what came over me. | 金吉 我真的不知道我是怎么了 |
[45:42] | But I have told you before, your taste\nin men leaves a lot to be desired. | 我和你之前说了 你对男人的品味影响了你 |
[45:46] | Yeah, I know these are not\nyour kind of guys. | 我明白他们不是你欣赏的男人 |
[45:49] | I mean, God, don’t you wanna meet\nsome decent man? | 我的意思是 你就不愿意结识个好男人吗? |
[45:52] | You know, someone\nwho can take you out of this– | 一个能把你带出这儿的好男人 |
[45:55] | What? This hole? | 这儿?这个洞穴? |
[45:57] | Yeah, I know what you think of it here. | 好吧 我知道你怎么看待这个地方 |
[46:00] | I mean, you’ve got two kids. | 你毕竟有两个孩子 |
[46:02] | You can do better than Chili\nand his drunken loser friends. | 你可以比车利和他那帮狐朋狗友好很多 |
[46:05] | If I thought I could do better, I would.\nSo far no one’s beating my door down. | 如果我觉得我能更好 我也会做\n但至今我过得挺好 |
[46:10] | You know, he’s sexy\nand he doesn’t steal. | 车利很性感 并且他不骗不偷 |
[46:13] | Okay, okay. Do you always have to make\nthose stupid sarcastic digs? | 好了 好了 不用拿这话讽刺我 |
[46:20] | I’m scared, Hal. | 哈尔 我真担心 |
[46:22] | Paula said the reason Howard\nis leaving Global Innovations… | 帕拉说霍尔德之所以离开环球创新 |
[46:25] | …is he’s not comfortable with business\npractices from a legal standpoint. | 是因为他对工作感到不安 |
[46:30] | -Howard Trask is such a pussy.\n-No, no– | -霍尔德.特拉斯科就是个胆小鬼\n-不 不 |
[46:32] | -What do you think I have lawyers for?\n-He didn’t wanna wind up in jail. | -那你觉得我请律师是干什么吃的\n-他说他不想身陷囹圄 |
[46:36] | Jail? Jesus.\nIsn’t that a bit dramatic? | 坐牢?天啊\n这是不是太戏剧性了? |
[46:40] | If I back out now, I hate to tell you\nhow much money we’d lose. | 如果我现在抽身 知道我会损失多少钱吗? |
[46:43] | It’s like a domino effect.\nOne thing would follow the other. | 就像多米诺骨效应 一个撞倒下一个 |
[46:47] | Hey, let me deal with it, okay? | 我来处理 行吗? |
[46:51] | Is there anything you want\nthat you don’t have? | 你有没有什么想要的东西? |
[46:54] | Is there? | 有吗? |
[46:56] | No. | 没有 |
[46:57] | So stop worrying and let me spoil you. | 那就别操心了 让我宠着你 |
[47:00] | No, I agree. I mean,\nHoward always was a prissy mama’s boy. | 我同意你的看法\n霍尔德一直就像个妈妈怀里的小男孩 |
[47:04] | Yeah, mama’s boy.\nThat’s the perfect phrase. | 是的 就是这样 |
[47:07] | Okay, how about Tuesday\nthe 22nd at 9? | 22号九点可以吗? |
[47:12] | I can’t make 9.\nHow about the afternoon? | 9点不行 下午呢? |
[47:15] | All right, 2, 3? | 2点? 3点? |
[47:19] | I can’t make the 22nd.\nHow about the 21st? | 22号不行 21号呢? |
[47:23] | -We have nothing open on the 21st.\n-Good night. | -21号我们不营业\n-晚安 |
[47:26] | Well, he wants me in a week. | 他让我一周内来复诊 |
[47:28] | Well, another day or two won’t matter.\nHow about the 24th? | 晚个一两天没问题\n24号如何? |
[47:31] | -Fine. Oh, wait, no.\n-Go for 9? | -好的 等等\n-9点? |
[47:33] | That’s my colonoscopy prep day. | 那是我的结肠镜检查的准备日 |
[47:35] | That’s always very special. | 那天很重要 |
[47:37] | Why don’t you think about it\nand call me? | 要不你仔细想好了再给我打电话? |
[47:45] | Before you go,\ncan you call Dr. Girsback… | 在你走之前,能不能给格里斯医生打电话 |
[47:48] | …and tell him I read the x-rays\nand we can talk later? | 告诉她我看了X光片 我们可以之后沟通? |
[47:51] | -Sure.\n-No, no, no. | -好的\n-别急 别急 |
[47:54] | When you’re done, when you’re done. | 你忙完了再说 |
[47:56] | When you’re finished. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[48:02] | Are you feeling more comfortable\nin the job? | 现在感觉工作顺手些了吗? |
[48:05] | I hope you’re pleased,\nbecause I am determined to make it work. | 希望你能满意 因为我决心要好好工作 |
[48:10] | -It fits in perfectly with my class.\n-Are you getting better on the computer? | -这工作和我的课也不冲突\n-你的电脑技术有进步吗? |
[48:15] | Well, I’m sure I’m the worst student there,\nbut another girl helps me, so…. | 我觉得我应该是最差劲的学生 但有个女孩帮助我学习 |
[48:20] | I’m glad you’re relaxing more\ninto this job. | 我很高兴你工作更顺利了 |
[48:24] | -I’m trying.\n-I must say, I like having you around. | -我在努力\n-我必须说 我喜欢看到你在周围 |
[48:29] | -Thank you.\n-Since you started working here… | -谢谢\n-自从你在这儿工作 |
[48:31] | …have you noticed I’ve been wearing\nmore colorful neckties? | 你有没有注意我开始佩戴更鲜艳的领带了? |
[48:35] | -I–\n-Since you– I’m just– Just joking. | -我——\n-我开玩笑的 嘿嘿 |
[48:39] | Can l–? Can I make a confession? | 我——我能直说吗? |
[48:42] | I don’t know that I should be the one\nto hear a confession, doctor. | 我不确定我是否适合听您要直说的事 |
[48:47] | Well…. | 这个…… |
[48:50] | The way you dress… | 你穿的衣服 |
[48:54] | …I sometimes find very… | 我觉得非常的 |
[48:58] | Arousing | 让人眼前一亮 |
[49:00] | Really? I don’t think I dress\nin the slightest provocatively. | 是吗?我怎么没这感觉 |
[49:04] | Does it upset you if I tell you\nthat I find you attractive? | 如果我告诉你 我被你吸引了\n你会否感觉不好? |
[49:09] | -Dr. Flicker, where is all this talk leading?\n-Well, I’m not the kind of person… | -弗里克医生 这是哪跟哪啊\n-我并不是那种 |
[49:14] | …who likes to beat around the bush.\nI find you a very alluring woman. | 喜欢在身边寻找目标的人\n但我真的觉得你很迷人 |
[49:19] | I’m flattered, but I certainly hope\nthat’s not why you hired me. | 我真的受宠若惊 但我真希望你不是因此才雇用我 |
[49:22] | A certain elegance in a woman\nhas always been enticing to me. | 我一直都很喜欢优雅的女性 |
[49:26] | -I shouldn’t be hearing this.\n-No, don’t be upset. | -我不该听下去了\n-别不高兴 |
[49:29] | -I’m not upset. Can I just grab my coat?\n-Don’t be upset. | -我不是不高兴 能帮我拿下外套吗?\n-别不高兴 |
[49:32] | Really, I think if you get to know me,\nyou’d come out of your shell more. | 真的 如果你了解我更多 你应该不会这么防着我 |
[49:37] | I’m not in a shell. | 我没防着你 |
[49:38] | -Ever gotten high on nitrous oxide?\n-No. | -你有没有试过吃一氧化二氮的药?\n-没有 |
[49:40] | -It would remove your inhibitions.\n-I don’t have inhibitions. | -它能帮你抑制抑郁\n-我没有抑郁 |
[49:44] | -Stop.\n-Dr. Flicker. | -停下\n-弗里克医生 |
[49:45] | -Stop being standoffish.\n-I’m not standoffish. | -别这么冷淡\n-我没有冷淡 |
[49:48] | You should be proud.\nYou’ve made a conquest. | 你应该骄傲\n你征服了我 |
[49:50] | Oh, Dr. Flicker. | 弗里克医生 |
[49:52] | This is so embarrassing. | 这真让人难堪 |
[49:57] | I am never coming back here. | 我再也不会来了 |
[49:59] | I don’t have to put myself\nthrough this nonsense. | 我不愿意再听这些废话了 |
[50:05] | Oh, now look what you’ve done.\nI can’t breathe. | 看看你做的好事\n我快窒息了 |
[50:09] | Oh, God, I can’t breathe. | 天啊 我要窒息了 |
[50:17] | I don’t blame you for being shaken up. | 我一点不奇怪你当时浑身发抖 |
[50:19] | I’d have that dentist reported.\nIf I told my boyfriend that story… | 是我的话就去举报那个牙医\n如果我告诉我男朋友这些 |
[50:23] | …he would go to the guy’s office\nand break every bone in his body. | 他会把那整个办公室和那混蛋的每一根骨头打烂 |
[50:27] | You can sue him. That’s harassment. | 你可以控告他 这是性骚扰 |
[50:29] | No, I’m never going\ninto another courtroom. | 不 我不想进法庭 |
[50:32] | I don’t blame you. | 可以理解 |
[50:33] | My boyfriend’s a lawyer.\nHe’s got court stories. | 我男朋友是律师 有很多法庭的故事 |
[50:37] | -Sharon, do you know any men?\n-Men? | -沙朗 你有认识的男人吗?\n-男人? |
[50:42] | Men that would be good for me. | 适合我的男人 |
[50:44] | I just moved here,\nso I don’t really know anybody. | 我刚搬来\n在这里谁都不认识 |
[50:48] | If you can’t fall in love in San Francisco,\nyou can’t fall in love anywhere. | 如果在旧金山你都遇不到喜欢的人\n就在哪儿都遇不到了 |
[50:53] | Someone substantial. | 实实在在的人 |
[50:55] | Well, what are you doing\nSunday afternoon? | 好吧 周日下午你做什么? |
[50:59] | Not very much. | 不做什么 |
[51:00] | Tony and I are going to a party.\nCome with. | 托尼和我会开一个派对 来不来 |
[51:02] | Oh, no, no. I don’t think I’m ready\nfor a big crowd of strangers. | 我觉得我可能不适合到有很多陌生人的地方 |
[51:06] | Oh, come on. | 别这样 来吧 |
[51:08] | It’s a big bash someone’s having.\nThere’ll be all kinds of people. | 会有各种各样的人 |
[51:12] | Make an effort,\notherwise nothing happens. | 如果你什么都不做 什么都不会发生的 |
[51:15] | -Then you blame everything but yourself.\n-No, I want to. It’s not that I don’t want to. | -然后你就会抱怨一切 而没想到是自己的缘故\n-不 我想做些事 并不是我不想 |
[51:20] | -Can I bring my sister?\n-For moral support? Absolutely. | -我可以带我妹妹去吗?\n-当然可以 |
[51:24] | And Tony and I will be there. | 托尼和我都会在那儿 |
[51:25] | You’ll have fun. It’s a huge party. | 你会玩得开心的 是个大派对 |
[51:28] | Maybe you’ll get lucky. | 也许你碰到好事 |
[51:31] | But you have to come,\notherwise I’m not going. | 你一定要去 不然我就不去 |
[51:34] | -What the hell would I wear?\n-Oh, we’ll find you something. | -我应该穿什么呢?\n-我来帮你找 |
[51:38] | Oh, God, I haven’t shown my face\nsocially in so long. | 天啊 我有多久没在社交场合露面了 |
[51:41] | Sharon said there could be\nsome eligible men there. | 沙朗说会有不少的优秀男人在那儿 |
[51:44] | I haven’t been to a party in years.\nYou know, Chili hates them. | 我很久没参加过派对了\n车利不喜欢 |
[51:48] | -Well, you know what I say to Chili.\n-It’s hard to meet a man you can trust. | -你知道我怎么评价车利的\n-找到一个能信任的男人不容易 |
[51:53] | Hal. | 哈尔 |
[51:55] | Hey, Nat.\nWhat are you doing out here? | 你好 内特\n你在这儿做什么? |
[51:58] | I was having lunch in Southampton\nand I wanted you to meet Amy Moore. | 我在南汉普敦吃午餐\n这位是艾米.摩尔 |
[52:01] | Oh, hi. Hal Francis.\nThis is my wife. Honey? | 你好 我是哈尔.弗朗西斯\n那边是我太太 亲爱的? |
[52:04] | -Jasmine.\n-Hello. | -我是茉莉\n-你好 |
[52:05] | Amy will be handling your contracts for\nEmpire Solutions and Global Innovations. | 艾米会处理帝国集团和环球创新公司的合同 |
[52:10] | She’s brilliant.\nWe couldn’t have done any better. | 她非常聪明 是合适的人选 |
[52:13] | We should get together\non that Empire Solutions thing. | 我们要一起解决帝国集团的事 |
[52:16] | -Free on Tuesday?\n-I’ll make sure I am. | -周二有时间吗?\n-没时间也要挤出时间来 |
[52:18] | That’s great. | 好极了 |
[52:19] | Are you having an affair with Amy? | 你和艾米在搞外遇吗? |
[52:23] | -Amy, my lawyer?\n-Don’t give me that. She’s very pretty. | -艾米?我的律师?\n-别装蒜 她长得不赖 |
[52:27] | Of course not.\nWhat makes you think that? | 当然没有了 你怎么这么想? |
[52:29] | -Someone made a remark.\n-What remark? | -有人这么说\n-说什么? |
[52:32] | They saw you having lunch with her.\nTaking her hand. | 他们看见你们一起吃午饭 握着她的手 |
[52:36] | Oh, what crap. Who told you that?\nI know who. | 胡说八道 谁说的?\n我知道了 |
[52:39] | -That vacuous troublemaker Lydia, right?\n-Were you? | -是那个唯恐天下不乱的莉迪亚吧?\n-你到底有没有? |
[52:42] | I had a business lunch with Amy\nat the Four Seasons. | 我在四季酒店和莉迪亚一起吃商务性质的午餐 |
[52:45] | -Lydia was there.\n-Did you take her hand? | -莉迪亚也在那儿\n-你握她的手了吗? |
[52:47] | You think if I was having an affair,\nI’d be crazy enough to have it in public? | 你觉得我真的搞外遇的话会在这么公众的地方? |
[52:51] | Well, I don’t know.\nSometimes you drink at lunch. | 那可说不准 有时候你午餐的时候也喝酒 |
[52:54] | Maybe you were high. | 可能你喝高了 |
[52:55] | -It’s obvious she’s got crush on you.\n-You’re building a case. | -很明显 她喜欢你\n-凭空捏造 |
[52:59] | If you were having an affair,\nI would be pretty upset. | 如果你有外遇 我会非常伤心 |
[53:02] | Well, I’m not,\nso don’t get your temper up. | 我没有 你别乱发脾气 |
[53:05] | I’m just jealous because I love you.\nYou should be flattered. | 我这样也是因为爱你 |
[53:08] | You know, I understand\nother women have a– | 我明白其他的女人也会 |
[53:11] | Find you attractive,\nbut it’s their hard luck. I have you. | 也会觉得你很吸引\n但我已经拥有你了 |
[53:15] | -Yes, you do.\n-No. | -是的 你拥有我了\n-不 |
[53:18] | So you’re not? | 你没外遇吧? |
[53:21] | No, I’m not. | 没有 |
[53:26] | Good. | 那就好 |
[53:28] | Let’s make love. | 我们来亲热一下 |
[53:38] | You know, if you were having an affair,\nI’d be pretty upset. | 你记住 如果你搞外遇 我的心会被伤透 |
[53:43] | Pretty darn angry. I don’t wanna be\nmade a fool of, you know? | 我会非常生气 因为我绝对不想像个傻瓜被愚弄 |
[53:47] | -You hear me, Hal?\n-Excuse me. Are you talking to me? | -听到了吗?哈尔\n-你在和我说话吗? |
[53:50] | -Hey, Jasmine.\n-What? | -茉莉\n-怎么了? |
[53:52] | Hi. | 你好 |
[53:54] | -How are you? I’m so glad you came.\n-You must be Tony. | -你好吗?真高兴你来了\n-你一定是托尼了 |
[53:57] | -Yes, this is Tony.\n-A pleasure to meet you. | -对 这是托尼\n-见到你真高兴 |
[54:00] | -What do you think? Nice party, right?\n-Beautiful. | -觉得怎么样?派对不错吧?\n-非常棒 |
[54:03] | It’s kind of a mixed bag. | 各界人士都有 |
[54:05] | Did you bring your sister? | 你带你妹妹来了吗? |
[54:06] | Oh, yes, she’s dancing. | 来了 她正在跳舞 |
[54:11] | -Hey, my name’s Al, incidentally.\n-Ginger. | -我叫阿尔\n-我叫金吉 |
[54:14] | -Ginger?\n-Yeah. | -金吉\n-在这儿 |
[54:15] | Ginger, you dance great. | 你跳得真好 |
[54:18] | -I never get a chance to, and I love it.\n-Yeah? | -我从没机会跳舞 但我很喜欢\n-是吗? |
[54:20] | I do, yeah. | 是的 |
[54:22] | You know Sally, the host? | 你认识莎莉吗?派对的主办人 |
[54:25] | -No, my sister brought me.\n-Yeah? | -不 我姐姐带我来的\n-是吗? |
[54:27] | Wherever the hell she is. I don’t–\nI don’t know where she is. | 她去哪了——我不知道她在哪儿 |
[54:32] | But you’re from San Francisco? | 你从旧金山来? |
[54:34] | -Yeah.\n-Yeah? | -对的\n-是吗? |
[54:36] | -What about you?\n-Marin. | -你呢?\n-马林 |
[54:38] | -Okay.\n-Yeah. | -好的\n-嗯 |
[54:40] | Great. | 很好 |
[54:42] | What do you do, Al? | 阿尔 你是做什么的? |
[54:43] | I’m a sound engineer.\nI put in people’s systems, you know? | 音响师 知道吗? |
[54:47] | -I did Mr. Lockman’s.\n-Okay. | -我帮洛克曼先生做过事\n-这样啊 |
[54:49] | He’s the husband of the host,\nin case you were wondering. | 他是主办人的丈夫 如果你想知道的话 |
[54:52] | I do concerts and private…. | 我做音乐会的活 也接私人的活 |
[54:56] | -Great.\n-I like slow dancing better, don’t you? | -很好\n-我更喜欢节奏慢的舞 你呢? |
[54:58] | -Yeah.\n-It’s more romantic, right? | -对的\n-那样更浪漫 对吧? |
[55:00] | -It is, yeah.\n-Yeah. | -没做\n-是的 |
[55:05] | Hey, you’re really pretty. | 你真漂亮 |
[55:08] | -Yeah, you are. You are.\n-Really? Really? | -你确实很漂亮\n-真的? |
[55:22] | I’d rather be someplace else too. | 我也希望在其他地方呆一会 |
[55:28] | -Do I look that uncomfortable?\n-Almost. | -我看上去很难受吗?\n-差不多 |
[55:31] | -I’m Dwight Westlake.\n-Jasmine French. | -我是德怀特·韦斯特莱克\n-我是茉莉.法兰奇 |
[55:35] | Jasmine French,\nthat’s a very exotic name. | 我是茉莉.法兰奇 奇特的名字 |
[55:37] | Well, my parents named me\nafter my mother’s favorite flower. | 我父母用我妈妈最喜欢的花给我取的名 |
[55:42] | Night-blooming jasmine. | 夜晚开放的茉莉花 |
[55:44] | Come to life after it gets dark. | 在天黑后绽放出生命力 |
[55:48] | That’s the best offer I’ve had today. | 这是今天我最大的收获 |
[55:51] | I didn’t say it was an offer. | 我可没说这是个收获 |
[55:52] | I saw you in the other room before,\nI was hoping I’d get to meet you. | 之前我在另一间房看见你了 正想和你聊天 |
[55:57] | Well, hope I don’t shatter your illusion. | 希望我没破坏你的想法 |
[55:59] | -You have great style.\n-Do l? | -你很有特点\n-是吗? |
[56:02] | Chanel belt, Hermès bag\nand Vivier shoes. | 香奈儿皮带 爱马仕皮包\n罗杰·维威耶的鞋子 |
[56:06] | Vivier– Oh, my goodness.\nDo you work in the fashion industry? | 你在时尚行业工作吗? |
[56:09] | No, but my former wife was.\nShe worked at a fashion magazine. | 不 我前妻在\n她为一家时尚杂志工作 |
[56:13] | -Right.\n-She passed away last year. | -这样\n-她去年去世了 |
[56:16] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[56:18] | -I’m so– And what do you do?\n-Nothing as glamorous as fashion. | -我真是——你是做什么的?\n-不是像时尚这样闪耀的工作 |
[56:22] | -I work in the State Department.\n-Well, no, that’s glamorous. | -我在国务院工作\n-真是人才 |
[56:25] | In the diplomatic corps. | 是外交部门 |
[56:27] | -Don’t tell me you’re an ambassador.\n-No, hardly. | -难道你是大使?\n-不 不是的 |
[56:30] | But I wouldn’t turn it down. | 不过我倒希望是 |
[56:32] | We knew the ambassador to Mexico. | 我们认识墨西哥的大使 |
[56:34] | My husband did. | 我丈夫也认识 |
[56:36] | Your husband? You have a husband? | 你丈夫?你有丈夫? |
[56:38] | No, no. Sadly, like your wife,\nhe passed away. | 不 悲伤的是 和你的妻子一样 他去世了 |
[56:43] | But, you know, we stayed overnight\nin the embassy in Mexico once. | 但我们曾经在墨西哥的使馆呆过一晚 |
[56:47] | -I work in Europe. Vienna.\n-Really? | -我在欧洲维也纳工作\n-真的? |
[56:49] | -Oh, I love Vienna.\n-Oh, yeah? | -我太喜欢维也纳了\n-是吗? |
[56:51] | We were there once, Hal and l. | 我和哈尔去过那儿 |
[56:53] | I remember it as being two weeks\nof young wine and chocolate cake. | 在那儿的两个星期都在新酒和巧克力蛋糕里度过 |
[56:57] | Lovely. My ambition is to come back\nafter a few years and enter politics. | 真棒 我的想法是几年后回来从政 |
[57:01] | -I’d like to run for office in California.\n-Oh, how exciting. | -我想在加州建立个办公室\n-那真是不错 |
[57:05] | Yeah, it might just be an inflated ego,\nbut I think I’d make a good congressman. | 也许有点不自量力 但我觉得我会是个好议员 |
[57:10] | I grew up in San Francisco.\nI know California. I like challenges. | 我在加州长大\n我了解这儿 我喜欢挑战 |
[57:14] | You from out here? | 你从其他地方来? |
[57:15] | New York. Park Avenue. | 纽约 公园大道 |
[57:18] | You know, when my husband\npassed away… | 我丈夫去世的时候 |
[57:21] | …I mean, naturally I was very upset… | 我非常难过 |
[57:23] | …so I decided to come out here\nand start a new life for myself. | 所以我决定在这里开始新生活 |
[57:29] | What did he do? | 他是做什么的? |
[57:33] | He was a surgeon. | 外科医生 |
[57:36] | God, that must be incredibly stressful. | 那一定压力很大 |
[57:41] | No, I mean, he had a heart attack.\nI’m sure that’s what gave it to him. | 不 他有心脏病 |
[57:46] | You have children? | 你有孩子吗? |
[57:48] | No, no. No, there really wasn’t time. | 不 一直没时间要 |
[57:53] | And what about you? What do you do?\nI guessed you were in the arts. | 你呢?你是做什么的?\n我猜你做的事和艺术有关 |
[57:57] | -Am I right?\n-Well, you’re close. | -我猜得对吗?\n-很接近了 |
[58:00] | I am an interior designer. | 我是室内设计师 |
[58:03] | I really have hit the jackpot. | 我真走运 |
[58:05] | -Really?\n-I meet this exotic creature… | -是吗?\n-我遇到了你这个神奇的人 |
[58:07] | …not only is she charming\nand elegant and single… | 不但迷人优雅 还单身 |
[58:10] | -…but I just bought a new house.\n-Really? | -还有我买了间新的房子\n-是吗? |
[58:12] | One I’ve been looking at. It’s in Marin. | 在马林 一间我关注了很久的房子 |
[58:15] | -Overlooking the Bay. My dream house.\n-Beautiful. | -坐拥海湾 我梦想的房子\n-太棒了 |
[58:18] | I meet this woman, and she turns out\nto be an interior designer. | 然后遇到了你 正好是个室内装修师 |
[58:21] | Written in the stars.\nYou have to look at it. | 你一定要去看看 |
[58:24] | -I would love to.\n-Maybe you can help me with it. | -我非常乐意\n-也许你还能帮我 |
[58:26] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[58:29] | I never slept with anyone\nthe first night before, you know? | 我从来没在第一晚就和人上床 真的 |
[58:32] | -Yeah, that–\n-But dancing with you… | -是的\n-但和你一起跳舞 |
[58:35] | …got me all hot and bothered,\nso, you know…. | 实在太让我心簇荡漾了 |
[58:38] | Well, you were so sexy. | 你真的很性感 |
[58:40] | I mean, I knew right away\nthat you were gonna be good in bed. | 看到你我就觉得你床上功夫很好 |
[58:43] | -I knew it.\n-Did you? | -我知道\n-真的? |
[58:45] | I said to myself, you know…. | 我对自己说 |
[58:47] | You know, I thought for sure\nwe were gonna get caught. | 我就知道我们会一触即发 |
[58:50] | I didn’t care. I mean, I– | 我不管了 |
[58:52] | I couldn’t wait. There’s no way I was–\nI had to have you right then and there. | 我不想等了 我想立刻拥有你 |
[58:56] | You know…. | 你知道 |
[58:58] | -You know what clinched it for me?\n-What? | -你知道是什么打动我吗?\n-什么? |
[59:00] | Because you were so smooth. | 你非常温柔 |
[59:02] | -Really?\n-Yeah. Oh, yeah. | -真的?\n-当然 |
[59:06] | -Well, that’s– I just–\n-But, you know, I– | 这可真是—— |
[59:09] | I don’t want you to think I’m just easy,\nbecause I’m not. | 但我不想让你觉得我很随便\n因为我并不随便 |
[59:13] | No, I– You know what I think?\nYou’re a fun-loving person. | 不 你知道我怎么想吗?\n你给人很有趣的感觉 |
[59:16] | -I am.\n-That’s– Yeah. | -确实\n-这—— |
[59:18] | -Yeah.\n-And that’s what I am. | -对\n-我也是这样 |
[59:20] | -I can see that.\n-That’s– | -看得出来\n-这—— |
[59:21] | -I’m easygoing by nature.\n-Yeah. | -我天生就有亲和力\n-是的 |
[59:23] | That’s what I–\nI bring music to people’s lives. | 我把音乐带进人们的生活 |
[59:26] | You’re very sweet, you know? | 你真的很贴心 你知道吗 |
[59:28] | I never had a sweet guy before. | 我从来没拥有过一个贴心人 |
[59:32] | -I hope l–\n-Never. | -希望我\n-不会的 |
[59:33] | I hope I didn’t get you in trouble\nwith your boyfriend. | 我希望我不会让你和男朋友出现问题 |
[59:36] | No. You know, it’s not like\nwe’re engaged, so…. | 不 我们并没订婚 |
[59:40] | -You know, I’m free. I’m free.\n-I’m glad to hear that. | -我是自由的\n-真高兴听到这个 |
[59:44] | Oh, God, I’d better get back. | 我差不多回去了 |
[59:47] | My lunch hour’s almost over. | 我的午餐时间差不多过了 |
[59:48] | But we– You know what?\nWe have time, though. | 我们还有时间 对吧 |
[59:51] | -For what?\n-Let’s go in the back seat. | -比如?\n-我们到车后座吧 |
[59:54] | -Again?\n-Yeah, come on. | -又来一次?\n-是的 走吧 |
[59:55] | -Jesus, what are you?\n-It’s just…. | -天啊\n-这…… |
[59:57] | -Are you one of those sex addicts?\n-I am for you. Come on. | -你对那事上瘾吗?\n-只对你这样 来吧 |
[1:00:01] | -Are you? I thought so.\n-One more. | -真的?我也觉得\n-再来一次 |
[1:00:03] | Nobody’s around. Not many people. | 周围人不多 |
[1:00:05] | -We gotta make this quick.\n-I got tinted windows. It’s perfect. | -我们得快点\n-我的车窗有颜色的 很保险 |
[1:00:18] | -What time is it?\n-Seven thirty. | -几点了?\n-七点半 |
[1:00:22] | -My turn. It’s my turn!\n-God, he told me he’d call me yesterday. | -该我了\n-他昨天说会打给我的 |
[1:00:25] | I wanna play with it! | 我想玩这个! |
[1:00:27] | Can’t you two stop fighting\nfor a second? | 你们俩能不能消停一会儿 |
[1:00:30] | -I’ve got a throbbing headache.\n-You gave him both here… | -我头痛的厉害\n-你把这儿的号码和你的手机号码都告诉他了吗? |
[1:00:33] | -…and your cell number?\n-Of course I gave him both numbers. | 当然都告诉了 |
[1:00:36] | Unless he’s been delayed\nin Washington. | 也许他在华盛顿被行程耽搁了 |
[1:00:39] | -Still, he could have phoned.\n-Don’t think he figured you were lying… | -那也可以打电话呀\n-会不会他知道你说谎? |
[1:00:43] | -…and bailed out?\n-Look, could you stop saying I was lying? | -还有你被保释?\n-你能别说我说谎了吗? |
[1:00:47] | God. Okay, I may have dressed up a few\nfacts, omitted a few unpleasant details… | 好吧 我是编造了些话 筛掉了些让人不愉快的细节 |
[1:00:51] | …but in the main, I mean,\nmy feelings, my ideas, my humor– | 但总体来说 我的感觉 我的思想 我的幽默 |
[1:00:54] | I mean, isn’t that who I am? Christ. | 难道这些不是我吗? |
[1:00:58] | People reinvent themselves, don’t they?\nDo I have your permission? | 人们都会粉饰自己 不是吗?\n我说话还需要特批吗? |
[1:01:01] | You better take more of those pills.\nYou’re shot. | 多吃点药 说话这么冲 |
[1:01:04] | Oh, Jesus. Would you please–? | 天啊 你能不能—— |
[1:01:06] | Matthew, turn off that pounding.\nPlease, Matthew. | 马修 麻烦你别这么大声\n好吗 马修 |
[1:01:13] | Can’t stand it. | 真受不了 |
[1:01:17] | -Hey.\n-Hey. | -嗨\n-嗨 |
[1:01:18] | -Were you at a party Sunday afternoon?\n-Who says? | -周日下午你参加过一个派对吗?\n-谁说的? |
[1:01:21] | I got a friend who’s a bartender.\nHe saw you at a party. | 我有个朋友是酒吧侍者\n他看见你在派对了 |
[1:01:24] | -So?\n-So you were dancing with a guy. | -所以?\n-你和一个男人跳舞 |
[1:01:26] | -So what?\n-I asked her to come with me, okay? | -所以?\n-是我让她和我一起来 好吗? |
[1:01:30] | I was nervous about going to a party\nwhere I didn’t know anyone. | 我如果在派对上谁也不认识我就紧张 |
[1:01:34] | Is that so? So the two of you\nwere in the corner… | 是这样吗?你们俩是不是还在角落里 |
[1:01:36] | -…playing kissy-face.\n-Give me a break. | -亲来亲去\n-等等 |
[1:01:39] | We couldn’t go to the ballpark\nbecause you weren’t feeling good. | 周日你说你不舒服所以不能和我去看球赛 |
[1:01:42] | Hey, don’t treat me like property.\nI had a headache when you called. | 别拿我当你私人财产似的\n你打电话的时候我的确头痛 |
[1:01:46] | And then I decided\nto keep my sister company at a party. | 之后我就打算陪我姐姐去派对了 |
[1:01:49] | I don’t buy that. | 别给我来这一套 |
[1:01:50] | Since when am I taking orders\nfrom you? | 从什么时候开始我要按照你的意愿做事了? |
[1:01:53] | Can you please not fight in here? | 能不能别在这里吵? |
[1:01:55] | I don’t think I can take it. For some\nreason, my Xanax isn’t kicking in. | 我受不了\n吃了阿普挫仑也没效果 |
[1:01:59] | Who’s this guy\nyou’re fooling around with? | 到底那个男人是谁? |
[1:02:01] | I told you, I didn’t like you rushing me\ninto anything, okay? | 告诉你 我不喜欢你这样忽然跑来质问我 |
[1:02:05] | -Is seeing other guys her idea?\n-No, it’s my idea. | -和其他男人接触是她的主意吗?\n-不 是我的主意 |
[1:02:08] | I don’t think it is. She thinks I’m a bum\nlike your first husband, right? | 我不信 她一直觉得我和你前夫一样是个混混 不是吗 |
[1:02:12] | -You told me.\n-Guys, give me a break. | -你来告诉我\n-休息下好吗 |
[1:02:14] | -By all rights, I should be living here.\n-What do you mean? | -不管怎么说 我才应该住在这儿\n-你什么意思? |
[1:02:17] | Didn’t you want a guy here\nfor the kids? | 难道你不希望有个男人在这里帮你照顾孩子吗? |
[1:02:19] | -So they grow up with a father?\n-I need to clear my head. | -这样他们成长的时候也能有个爸爸?\n-让我冷静一下 |
[1:02:22] | We’re talking about getting married.\nNow she’s taking you to parties… | 我们都打算要结婚了\n她却带你去乱七八糟的派对 |
[1:02:26] | …and telling you\nI’m not good enough for you. | 跟你说我不够好 |
[1:02:29] | -If I catch you…\n-Give her some space. | -如果被我撞到……\n-给她一点空间 |
[1:02:31] | -…with somebody else–\n-Get out! | -如果被我撞到你和其他人\n-你出去! |
[1:02:33] | You keep out of this, okay?\nIt’s got nothing to do with you. | 你滚开!\n跟你一点关系没有 |
[1:02:37] | You beat it, Chili. You’ve been drinking.\nHey, maybe that’s for you. | 行了 车利 你喝多了\n那电话可能是打给你的 |
[1:02:40] | Ginger, she’s not somebody\nyou can count on. I am. | 金吉 你根本不能相信她\n我才是你可以信任的人 |
[1:02:45] | Don’t pick it up. I don’t want him to think\nI’m waiting for him to call. | 别这么快接 我不想让他知道我在等他打电话 |
[1:02:49] | -What the hell’s going on?\n-It’s Al. | -这他妈到底怎么回事\n-是阿尔 |
[1:02:51] | -Hey, give me that.\n-That’s the guy, Al. | -快给我\n-就是那个人吗 阿尔 |
[1:02:53] | -Hi. Yeah, but you’re calling at a– Get off!\n-Give me that. | -喂 对 但现在不方便 ——你放开!\n-电话给我 |
[1:02:57] | You call here again, I’m gonna bust you\nin your fat fucking face! | 你再敢打来 就把你的脸揍扁! |
[1:03:00] | -Hello. No! No!\n-Give me that. Give me that. | -喂 不 不!\n-给我 给我 |
[1:03:07] | Look what you did,\nyou drunken asshole! | 你这个酒鬼 看看你都干了些什么! |
[1:03:10] | You were right,\nhe’s no better than Augie! | 你没错 他根本和奥吉一个样! |
[1:03:13] | -Don’t drag her to parties to meet men.\n-Get out! | -你别再扯着她去派对和男人鬼混\n-滚出去! |
[1:03:16] | I didn’t drag her out to meet men,\nbut if she has a brain… | 我没扯着她去\n只要她自己有脑袋 |
[1:03:19] | …she’ll dump you in the garbage\nand find someone she deserves for once. | 她都会甩了你 找个更好的 |
[1:03:23] | -When are you moving out?\n-Get out! | -你什么时候搬出去?\n-滚出去! |
[1:03:25] | I’m sorry I don’t come from Park Avenue,\nbut I don’t steal people’s money. | 不好意思 我不是公园大道出身的人\n但起码我不骗人的钱 |
[1:03:29] | -I am not some lying jailbird.\n-Get out or I’ll call the cops, okay? | -我也没蹲过大牢\n-再不滚我就报警了 |
[1:03:34] | She doesn’t care about you.\nShe’s a phony. | 她根本不关心你\n她就是个骗子 |
[1:03:36] | -She didn’t care about you…\n-Get out! | -她根本不关心你……\n-滚出去! |
[1:03:38] | -…until she fucking needed you!\n-Get out! | -她需要你的时候才想到你\n-滚! |
[1:03:53] | -That’s my cell phone.\n-Okay. | -我的手机在响\n-好的 |
[1:03:59] | Where is it?\nOh, God, the kids were playing with it. | 到哪里去了?\n天啊 孩子们在玩 |
[1:04:03] | Oh, where is my goddamned\ncell phone? | 我的手机死哪去了! |
[1:04:08] | Hello? Dwight? | 德怀特? |
[1:04:10] | Yes, can you just hang on a moment?\nI’m just in the middle of something. | 能不能稍等下?我手头有事 |
[1:04:19] | Hello, how are you? | 你怎么样? |
[1:04:22] | No, no, no, it’s just some business\nI had to attend to. | 没有 只是一些我在忙的生意 |
[1:04:26] | Oh, no, no. No, that’s fine. | 不 不 没问题 |
[1:04:31] | I know how hectic things can get\nin the nation’s capital. | 我知道在首都总是很忙的 |
[1:04:38] | When? | 什么时候? |
[1:04:43] | Well, I’m actually meeting a client\nfor a drink in the Fairmont… | 噢 实际上我约了个客户 在费尔蒙特酒店 |
[1:04:50] | …so why don’t you pick me up\nin the lounge? | 不如你到那里接我? |
[1:04:54] | Great. | 太好了 |
[1:04:55] | No, no, no, 3 is perfect. | 没有 3点正好 |
[1:04:58] | Okay, bye-bye. | 好的 拜拜 |
[1:05:10] | -I’d like to make this wall a little higher.\n-Oh, well, it’s lovely. | -我想把这堵墙加高一点\n-很好啊 |
[1:05:14] | I knew you’d like it. | 我就知道你会喜欢 |
[1:05:16] | Oh, and the garden is so established. | 花园可真是不错 |
[1:05:19] | -It’s beautiful.\n-Yeah, it’s all right. | -太漂亮了\n-确实还可以 |
[1:05:21] | The porch is so charming.\nI can see why you love it. | 门廊也很气派\n难怪你这么喜欢 |
[1:05:24] | -I have to get someone to take care of it.\n-The orchids, oh. | -我必须得请个人打理\n-噢 看这兰花 |
[1:05:30] | Oh, this…. | 这个…… |
[1:05:32] | -This is spectacular.\n-Right? | -真是太美了\n-是吧? |
[1:05:34] | -I think it’s incredibly cheerful.\n-Oh, look at the flow, and the light. | -真让人激动\n-看看这空间 这光线 |
[1:05:38] | -I mean, it–\n-It goes a ways that way as well. | -这真是——\n-那边也一样 |
[1:05:41] | -I have a million ideas immediately.\n-Oh, yeah? | -我已经有上百万个主意涌出来了\n-是吗? |
[1:05:43] | Oh, the fireplace. Reminds me\nof those places in the Hamptons. | 噢 壁炉 让我想起那些在汉普顿的房子们 |
[1:05:47] | -So delightful.\n-You’ve done work in the Hamptons? | -太美妙了\n-你在汉普顿装修过房子? |
[1:05:49] | -We have friends out there.\n-Yes. | -我有些朋友在那儿\n-对 |
[1:05:51] | -All right.\n-Yes, I’ve done a number of… | -这样啊\n-对 我装修过不少 |
[1:05:55] | …beach houses. | 海景房 |
[1:05:56] | Let me show you the view. | 我带你看看景色 |
[1:06:00] | Well, I can see– | 好 我看看 |
[1:06:01] | -Oh, my God, it’s enormous.\n-Right? | -上帝啊 美极了\n-没错吧? |
[1:06:04] | I had no I– You could have\n3- or 400 people out here. | 我真是——你这里可以同时容纳三四百人了 |
[1:06:07] | -I don’t have that many friends, but sure.\n-Look at– | -虽然我没什么朋友 不过确实能容纳很多人\n-看—— |
[1:06:10] | The view, it’s just breathtaking. | 风景美得让人窒息 |
[1:06:13] | Andrea and I used to do\na lot of entertaining. | 我和安吉利亚喜欢找些乐子 |
[1:06:16] | I bet you did, living in New York. | 你在纽约 肯定也很会享受生活 |
[1:06:18] | Well, now you’re talking\nabout my specialty. | 好了 现在你说的可是我的专项特长 |
[1:06:21] | You know, I gave the best\ndinner parties in the city. | 我当时在城里可是办过最棒的晚宴派对 |
[1:06:28] | Come here. | 来这儿 |
[1:06:35] | I’m shocked. | 吓我一跳 |
[1:06:37] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗? |
[1:06:39] | What’s your reaction, really? | 你的真实反应是什么? |
[1:06:42] | Well, my reaction is… | 我的真实反应就是 |
[1:06:44] | -…you can do it again if you like.\n-Oh, yeah? | -如果你愿意可以再来一次\n-是吗? |
[1:07:36] | I’ve always wanted a canopy bed.\nLook at this. | 我一直想要一个四柱床\n看看这个 |
[1:07:39] | -Yeah, that looks interesting.\n-It is, right? | -这个看起来很有意思\n-确实有意思 对吧 |
[1:07:42] | Is that mid-19th century? | 这是19世纪中期的吗 |
[1:07:44] | -I have no idea.\n-Yeah. Well, no, all the pieces are here. | -不知道\n-好了 所有东西都在这儿了 |
[1:07:48] | I do– I love the posts,\nbut these beds, they’re just– | 这种柱子是很不错\n但床—— |
[1:07:52] | Well, they’re not very wide. | 确实窄了点 |
[1:07:54] | -Oh, yeah? Well, we’re not very wide.\n-Oh, Dwight. | -是吗?我们俩也不宽啊\n-噢 德怀特 |
[1:08:00] | We could do the top\nin a muslin or linen– | 床顶可以用棉布或亚麻 |
[1:08:03] | -Yeah, yeah, whatever you think.\n-Well, it’s not– | -行 你来决定吧\n-这—— |
[1:08:06] | You know, last night\nwhen we were making love… | 知道吗 昨晚我们亲热的时候 |
[1:08:08] | …I realized how removed\nfrom the world… | 我才意识到 自从安吉利亚去世后 |
[1:08:11] | -…I’ve been since Andrea died.\n-I know, I know. l…. | -我有多么的行尸走肉\n-我知道 我知道 我…… |
[1:08:15] | I think when something’s right,\nyou just…. | 我觉得当对的人出现后 |
[1:08:18] | -You know it immediately.\n-Oh, yeah? | -你马上就会知道 就是这个人\n-是吗? |
[1:08:43] | Do you–? Do you hear that? | 你听到了吗? |
[1:08:45] | -Can you hear the bass, though?\n-Yeah. | -你听到贝司的声音了吗?\n-对 |
[1:08:47] | Like, the bass\nand then the high-end definition. | 仔细听 贝司和之后的高音 |
[1:08:50] | I’m definitely gonna get one. Yup. | 我一定要买一个 一定 |
[1:08:53] | -I’m giving you this one.\n-No, you’re not. | -这个我送给你\n-不 千万别 |
[1:08:55] | -Yeah, I am.\n-Oh, my God. | -不 我要送\n-天啊 |
[1:08:57] | -Come here.\n-You’re so sweet. | -过来\n-你真好 |
[1:08:59] | -You’re sweet.\n-You’re sweet. | -你对我真好\n-你也是 |
[1:09:02] | -You wanna dance?\n-Yeah. | -想跳舞吗?\n-想 |
[1:09:05] | Isn’t this dancing? | 这不是在跳舞吗? |
[1:09:07] | Yeah, this is slow dancing,\nwhich is really…. | 这是慢舞 非常的…… |
[1:09:09] | -What?\n-Well, it’s the key, I always say… | -什么?\n-这旋律让人非常地 |
[1:09:13] | …to good lovemaking. | 想亲热一场 |
[1:09:14] | -Is that right?\n-Yeah. | -没错吧?\n-是的 |
[1:09:17] | -Where do you think Mom is tonight?\n-Oh, she’s got a date tonight. | -妈妈今晚在哪儿?\n-她今晚有约会 |
[1:09:21] | -Oh, that’s cool.\n-I wonder where she is. | -那很好啊\n-我想知道她在哪 |
[1:09:23] | Well, I don’t think\nshe’s at Chuck E. Cheese. | 反正不在查克奶酪店 |
[1:09:26] | I’m gonna babysit you.\nI’m a good babysitter. | 我来照顾你们 我很会照顾人的 |
[1:09:29] | -Yeah.\n-You know? | -嘿嘿\n-知道吗? |
[1:09:31] | You should babysit.\nI used to babysit when I was a teenager. | 你们都可以去照顾小孩\n我十多岁的时候就帮着照顾小孩 |
[1:09:34] | It’s how you make extra money. | 来赚零花钱 |
[1:09:36] | Mom said you never did any work,\nbecause you were so rich. | 妈妈说你非常有钱 都不怎么工作 |
[1:09:40] | Well, I didn’t know\nwhat I wanted to become. | 因为我不知道我将来想做什么 |
[1:09:44] | And Hal, my husband,\nhe swept me off my feet. | 然后我的丈夫哈尔又让我一见倾心 |
[1:09:48] | “Blue Moon” was the song that was\nplaying. You know the song “Blue Moon.” | 当时放的音乐是《蓝月》 你们知道这首歌吧 |
[1:09:52] | Yeah, but I always wanted\nto do something with my life. | 但我也不想虚度人生 |
[1:09:56] | You know, I had energy. | 毕竟我是很有冲劲的一个人 |
[1:09:59] | I didn’t just shop and lunch\nand go to matinees. | 我可不是整天只逛街享受的人 |
[1:10:02] | You know, I ran charities\nfor poor people… | 我为穷人做慈善 |
[1:10:04] | …and, you know, raised some money\nfor museums and schools. | 为学校和博物馆募捐 |
[1:10:08] | You know, with wealth\ncomes responsibilities. | 有钱的人就会背负很多责任 |
[1:10:11] | I wasn’t just some mindless consumer\nlike so many of my so-called friends. | 我和一些我所谓的朋友不同 她们都没什么灵魂 就知道花钱 |
[1:10:16] | Though I won’t say\nI dislike buying pretty clothes. | 当然我也不反感买漂亮衣服 |
[1:10:20] | Tip big, boys. | 给小费要大方 孩子们 |
[1:10:22] | Tip big, because you get good service\nand they count on tips. | 这样你才能得到好的服务\n而且服务生们都靠小费生活 |
[1:10:27] | You know, someday\nwhen you come into great wealth… | 如果有一天你们成为有钱人 |
[1:10:31] | …you must remember to be generous. | 一定要慷慨大方 |
[1:10:33] | Mom said you used to be okay,\nbut you got crazy. | 妈妈说你过去挺好的\n但现在有点疯疯癫癫 |
[1:10:36] | Yeah, and then you talked to yourself. | 对 还有你自言自语 |
[1:10:40] | Well, there’s only so many traumas\na person can withstand… | 对 因为受伤太深 承受不了 |
[1:10:44] | …until they take to the streets\nand start screaming. | 不得不到街上大喊大叫发泄 |
[1:10:48] | That’s right, boys, they picked me up\non the street talking to myself… | 没错 孩子们 当时他们在街上找到自言自语的我 |
[1:10:53] | …and gave me something\ncalled Edison’s Medicine. | 给我吃一种叫爱迪生的药 |
[1:10:56] | Why Edison? | 为什么是爱迪生? |
[1:10:58] | Because they use electricity\nto get you thinking straight. | 因为他们用电来刺激我的思维 |
[1:11:03] | See, everything unraveled so quickly. | 一切都没有了 如此之快 |
[1:11:06] | You know, I started experiencing\nanxiety and claustrophobia… | 然后我就有了焦虑症和幽闭恐惧症 |
[1:11:10] | …and this acute fear of death. | 和对死亡的极度恐惧 |
[1:11:12] | You know, I had nightmares\nand a nervous breakdown. | 我总做噩梦 容易精神崩溃 |
[1:11:16] | I mean, you must have heard\nof Prozac and lithium. | 你们肯定听说过百忧懈这种药 |
[1:11:20] | Well, all those drugs\njust made me worse. | 但吃这些药只会让我情况更差 |
[1:11:24] | Of course, you know,\nI probably did suspect… | 其实我之前也怀疑 |
[1:11:28] | …that not everything Hal did\nwas always 100-percent aboveboard. | 哈尔并不是每件事都正大光明 |
[1:11:32] | Christ, I mean,\nyou’d have to be an idiot… | 天啊 只有傻瓜 |
[1:11:35] | …not to think his phenomenal success\nwas too good to be true. | 才能拒绝像他那样成功的男人 |
[1:11:39] | But a cheat is a cheat. | 但背叛就是背叛 |
[1:11:43] | And when he had other women,\nI just flipped out. | 当他有其他女人的时候 我就完全失控了 |
[1:11:46] | You know, and one thing led\nto another and…. | 之后就一件事接着一件事 |
[1:11:51] | But that’s all history, boys. | 不过这都过去了 孩子们 |
[1:11:53] | I met someone. I’m a new person. | 我又遇到了好人 我开始新生活了 |
[1:12:00] | -Get everything?\n-Yes. These in the kitchen? | -东西都齐了吗?\n-对 这些放到厨房吗? |
[1:12:03] | -Sure.\n-I can’t believe how much you paid for it. | -对的\n-真不敢相信你花了这么多钱 |
[1:12:06] | I know it’s ridiculous and it’s old. | 是有点夸张 这还都是旧东西 |
[1:12:09] | God knows if it even works. | 谁知道还能不能用 |
[1:12:11] | -We have the terrace for a telescope.\n-Watch the stars over San Francisco Bay. | -我们还有个平台能放天文望远镜\n-可以看湾区的星星 |
[1:12:16] | And the moon will look incredible\nthrough it. | 用这个看月亮也会非常棒 |
[1:12:19] | -Ever seen the moon through that?\n-Oh, I can imagine. | -你用天文望远镜看过月亮吗?\n-噢 我能想象那感觉 |
[1:12:22] | Hey, can I ask you something? | 能不能问个问题? |
[1:12:26] | -Sure.\n-You ever think… | -当然\n-你有没有…… |
[1:12:28] | …you could see yourself\nmarried to me? | 想象过和我结婚的样子? |
[1:12:32] | Married? | 结婚? |
[1:12:33] | I have it all planned, but obviously\nyou can say no if it sounds terrible. | 我有这个计划 但如果你觉得不好 当然可以说不 |
[1:12:39] | All right? But you come with me\nnext month to Vienna. | 好吗?下个月你可以和我一起去维也纳 |
[1:12:42] | We live there for a few years\nand I can teach you to waltz. | 我们在那儿生活一段时间 我教你跳华尔兹 |
[1:12:45] | And you can have all the chocolate cake\nand wine you want. | 你可以在那里吃够巧克力蛋糕 畅饮美酒 |
[1:12:49] | And then we come back and I get serious\nabout my political dream. | 然后我们就回来 我专心进军政坛 |
[1:12:55] | And then we adopt kids\nand we live in the house… | 之后我们可以领养孩子 一起生活在这儿 |
[1:12:58] | …that you’re gonna do\nsuch a fantastic job making beautiful. | 你也可以发挥你的长处 帮人们制造美丽 |
[1:13:03] | What do you think? Downside for you\nis you have to stand next to me… | 你觉得怎么样?\n我参加竞选的时候 |
[1:13:07] | …and smile at photo ops when\nI throw my hat in the ring. | 我们一起对着媒体的镜头微笑 |
[1:13:10] | -So you’re saying you love me.\n-Can’t you tell? | -你是说 你爱我吗?\n-你看不出来吗? |
[1:13:14] | I hope I didn’t cause you to become ill\nover the prospect of being my wife. | 希望你吃药不是我说了这些求婚的话 |
[1:13:18] | You know, sometimes I get\nthese headaches. | 不是 不是 我有时候会有头痛 |
[1:13:21] | You always take Xanax\nfor a headache? | 头痛要吃阿普挫仑? |
[1:13:24] | -I’ll admit, my heart’s beating a little fast.\n-Yeah, your hands are shaking. | -是的 我心脏跳得很快\n-你手在发抖 |
[1:13:28] | I wanted you to want me\nand now you do. | 我一直希望你会需要我 现在看来是的 |
[1:13:35] | Thank you so much. | 谢谢 |
[1:13:36] | Have a nice day. You got it?\nOkay, I’ll take that. | 希望你今天愉快\n好的 下一个 |
[1:13:41] | -What are you doing here?\n-You know why I’m here. | -你在这里干嘛?\n-你心知肚明 |
[1:13:44] | -I told you not to bother me.\n-You’re sleeping with Al. | -我跟你说了别来烦我\n-你和阿尔上床了 |
[1:13:47] | You’re not gonna make a fool\nout of me. | 别想糊弄我 |
[1:13:49] | Chili, this is not the place\nto discuss this, okay? | 车利 在这儿说这些不合适 好吗? |
[1:13:52] | -Sir, is there a problem?\n-Sorry. | -先生 你有什么事吗?\n-对不起 |
[1:13:54] | No, there’s no problem. | 我没事 |
[1:13:56] | -Ginger, Ginger, I love you.\n-Ginger, what’s going on? | -金吉 我是爱你的\n-金吉 到底怎么了? |
[1:13:59] | -What happened?\n-Nothing. | -发生什么了?\n-没什么 |
[1:14:01] | No, I just need a– Just need a break\nfrom everything to think. | 我只是想逃离一下所有的事 |
[1:14:04] | -All right, look, I blame this on Jasmine.\n-No, she’s just looking out for me. | -行 这样吧 我把这笔账算在茉莉头上\n-不 她也是关心我 |
[1:14:09] | Look, I’m not gonna lie to you, okay?\nI don’t like her. | 我也不隐瞒你 我不喜欢她 |
[1:14:12] | You meant nothing to her\nuntil she needed you. | 她不需要你的时候 根本就不会理你 |
[1:14:14] | -I’m working, Chili.\n-I’m nuts about you, Ging. | -我在工作 车利\n-我对你是一心一意的 金吉 |
[1:14:17] | I’m nuts about you. We’re gonna do\nall these things together, big things. | 我真的一心一意 我们将来还要一起做好多事 |
[1:14:22] | What great things, huh?\nYou’re a grease monkey. | 做什么事?你就是个机械修理工 |
[1:14:24] | -And I’ll be bagging groceries all my life.\n-She’s cuckoo, baby. She talks to herself. | -而我一辈子都只是打包员\n-她那家伙就和祥林嫂似的整天自言自语 |
[1:14:29] | -You told me that yourself.\n-I need space. | -你之前就是这样告诉我的\n-我要静一静 |
[1:14:31] | Just give me some space, okay? | 让我静一静行吗 |
[1:14:34] | I can’t sleep. | 我睡不着 |
[1:14:37] | -I’m a nervous wreck.\n-Oh, for chrissake. | -我精神快失常了\n-天啊 |
[1:14:40] | I can’t get you off of my head. | 我根本忘不了你 |
[1:14:43] | Stop it. Will you stop crying?\nThere’s people around. | 好了 别哭了行吗\n周围都是人 |
[1:14:46] | I don’t know what\nI’m gonna do without you. | 我真不知道没了你怎么办 |
[1:14:48] | -Oh, my God.\n-I don’t. | -天啊\n-不 |
[1:14:50] | -Stop it. Stop it, please.\n-I got this, okay? | -停下来 好吗\n-好的 我知道了 |
[1:14:52] | -Would you like to sit in my office?\n-No. But I appreciate it. | -你要到我办公室坐一会儿吗\n-不 不过谢谢你 |
[1:14:56] | Look, who’s this guy, Al? | 行了 阿尔到底是谁? |
[1:14:58] | -What does he do?\n-You know what he doesn’t do? | -他到底做什么?\n-你知道他不做什么吗? |
[1:15:01] | He doesn’t make scenes\nwhere I work in public. | 起码他不会让我当众丢脸 |
[1:15:04] | Come on, brother.\nWould you like a Kleenex? | 你要来点纸巾吗? |
[1:15:08] | -I love her so much.\n-It’s okay. There’s nothing to see, okay? | -我这么爱她\n-行了 没什么好看的 |
[1:15:12] | Great. | 够了 |
[1:15:33] | You seem up. | 你看起来精神不错 |
[1:15:35] | He’s taking me to pick out\nan engagement ring tomorrow. | 明天他带我去选订婚戒指 |
[1:15:40] | -How great.\n-What’s that smell? | -真棒\n-这是什么味道? |
[1:15:42] | Did you break a bottle of perfume? | 你是打破了一整瓶香水吗? |
[1:15:45] | Al doesn’t call it perfume,\nhe calls it a fragrance. | 阿尔不说是香水\n他说是芬芳味道 |
[1:15:48] | That’s sweet. But if I may say… | 这说法不错 但我觉得 |
[1:15:49] | …you may have doused yourself\na little over-abundantly with it. | 你这涂得真是有点多了 |
[1:15:53] | God, I’m always nervous\nit will wear off. | 天啊 我也担心我抹得太多 |
[1:15:56] | He’s taking me to his favorite jeweler. | 他要带我去他最喜欢的珠宝店 |
[1:15:59] | You think Al is a step up from Chili? | 你觉得阿尔是不是比车利好? |
[1:16:01] | Anybody is a step up from Chili. | 任何人都比车利好 |
[1:16:04] | He’s such a gentleman. | 他真的很绅士 |
[1:16:06] | Well, then he’s definitely a step up. | 那他确实好很多 |
[1:16:09] | But in bed, he’s no gentleman. | 但在床上就不太绅士 |
[1:16:12] | Wait till he takes a whiff\nof my new fragrance. | 我等着他深深闻我的芬芳味道 |
[1:16:15] | It’s French. | 是法国味道 |
[1:16:23] | Yeah, I’m on my way.\nYeah, I’m on my way over right now. | 好的 我已经出发了\n已经在路上了 |
[1:16:27] | -You’re late.\n-Oh, God. | -你迟到了\n-天啊 |
[1:16:30] | -I’m still shaking.\n-What’s the matter? | -我还在发抖\n-怎么了? |
[1:16:36] | I think Hal is having an affair. | 我觉得哈尔在搞外遇 |
[1:16:40] | With Lisette Boudreau? | 和莉赛特.卜德罗? |
[1:16:44] | Who is she? | 她是谁? |
[1:16:47] | That French girl. The Jordans’ au pair. | 那个法国女孩 乔丹家的保姆 |
[1:16:51] | What do you know about this? | 你怎么知道? |
[1:16:54] | You’re the only one who doesn’t know. | 你是唯一不知道的人 |
[1:16:56] | I’ve known about Hal’s affairs for years,\nbut it’s not my business. | 我已经知道好几年了 但毕竟和我无关 |
[1:17:01] | How did you find out? | 你怎么发现的? |
[1:17:03] | The Ritz Hotel in Paris called. | 巴黎的丽兹酒店打电话来 |
[1:17:07] | Hal left his Rolex there. | 他把劳力士落在哪儿了 |
[1:17:10] | But he told me that he was going\non a business trip to Chicago. | 但他和我说他去芝加哥出差 |
[1:17:14] | If he’d said Paris,\nI would’ve gone along… | 如果他说是巴黎\n我肯定就跟着去了 |
[1:17:16] | …and I didn’t know what they were talking\nabout, so I did some checking and…. | 我当时不知道怎么回事 就查了一下 |
[1:17:21] | I knew this day would come. | 我就知道会有这么一天 |
[1:17:24] | I’m surprised it took so long. | 没想到现在才来 |
[1:17:27] | Who else? | 还有谁? |
[1:17:31] | Victoria Alter. | 维多利亚.奥尔特 |
[1:17:34] | Raylene. | 瑞琳 |
[1:17:37] | This au pair. | 这个保姆 |
[1:17:38] | That trainer he used to take\nto baseball games. | 还有他带着去看棒球比赛的教练 |
[1:17:41] | -Oh, my God.\n-You know how many people… | -天啊\n-你知道有多少人 |
[1:17:43] | …have said to me he’s doing his lawyer,\nthe Chinese dragon lady? | 告诉我他和律师有一腿 就是那个中国坏女孩吗? |
[1:17:47] | -Can we get the waiter? I need a drink.\n-Yes. Waiter. | -能叫下服务生吗?我需要一杯酒\n-好的 服务生 |
[1:17:50] | -Yes, ma’am?\n-This again. | -女士 我能帮你们做点什么?\n-再来杯这个 |
[1:17:52] | -Right away. Thank you.\n-Absolutely. | -马上就来\n-好 |
[1:18:16] | Hello? | 喂? |
[1:18:19] | Yeah, is Al there? | 阿尔在吗? |
[1:18:21] | Al Munsinger, yeah. | 阿尔.芒辛尔 |
[1:18:26] | I know he works\nin the Audio Department, yeah. | 我知道他在音响部门工作 |
[1:18:30] | Yeah, I’ll hold. | 好 我不挂 |
[1:18:35] | Hello? | 喂? |
[1:18:37] | Al Munsinger, yes. | 阿尔.芒辛尔 没错 |
[1:18:40] | Al, where the hell are you? | 你到底在哪里? |
[1:18:44] | What? | 什么? |
[1:18:46] | What? I don’t get it.\nWhy couldn’t you come? | 什么?为什么不来? |
[1:18:55] | Who found out what? | 谁发现什么? |
[1:18:59] | Who’s Ellen? | 谁是艾伦? |
[1:19:10] | Yeah, l– | 这…… |
[1:19:11] | I didn’t understand you had a wife. | 我不知道你结婚了 |
[1:19:16] | No. | 不 |
[1:19:18] | No, you never said. | 不 你从来没说过 |
[1:19:36] | My mother was very impressed\nwith you. | 我妈妈对你印象很好 |
[1:19:38] | -Really?\n-Yeah. You two had a discussion… | -是吗?\n-你们俩聊了不少 |
[1:19:40] | -…about her collection of pewter.\n-Yes. I love pewter. | -聊她的锡器收藏\n-对 我很喜欢锡器 |
[1:19:44] | Hal used to have his beer\nout of a pewter mug. | 哈尔喜欢用锡杯喝啤酒 |
[1:19:47] | And your dad? | 你爸爸呢? |
[1:19:48] | My dad can be very critical sometimes,\nbut he was very taken with you. | 爸爸是个挑剔的人\n但对你很肯定 |
[1:19:53] | Well, don’t worry,\nI won’t pick out too big a stone. | 别担心\n我不会挑大的钻石 |
[1:19:56] | Yeah, nothing larger\nthan the Hope diamond. | 是啊 再大也大不过希望之星 |
[1:19:59] | Hey, Jasmine. | 嗨 茉莉 |
[1:20:03] | What? You don’t remember me? | 怎么 你不记得我了? |
[1:20:06] | Of course I remember you.\nWhat a surprise. | 当然记得了 真是太意外了 |
[1:20:10] | Yeah, surprise, surprise, huh? | 是啊 真是惊喜 |
[1:20:13] | This is Augie. Dwight. | 德怀特 这是奥吉 |
[1:20:18] | I was married to her sister. | 我和她妹妹结过婚 |
[1:20:20] | -Okay.\n-Years ago. Years. | -嗯\n-多年前了 |
[1:20:22] | Wasn’t that many years.\nShe makes it sound ancient. | 也没有很多年\n她说得好像年代很久远 |
[1:20:25] | Congratulations. Ginger said\nyou got a new job up in Alaska. | 祝贺你啊 金吉说你在阿拉斯加有新工作了 |
[1:20:30] | I could’ve had my own company\nif it wasn’t for you… | 如果不是你 我早就自己开公司了 |
[1:20:33] | -…and that crook you married.\n-I don’t think it’s the time and place. | -还有你那个骗子老公\n-现在在这儿说这些不合适吧 |
[1:20:38] | Oh, really? You think I wanna lay oil pipe\nway the hell up there in Alaska? | 是吗?你以为我情愿去阿拉斯加装油管? |
[1:20:42] | I got no money. | 我是因为没钱了 |
[1:20:44] | Christ, can’t you put this behind you\nand move on? I’ve moved on. | 天啊 你能不能别再说这些陈年旧事 向前看看行吗?\n我都重新开始新生活了 |
[1:20:48] | -Take it easy. I don’t know who you are–\n-Right, you don’t, so stay out of it. | -好了 我不知道你是谁——\n-对 你不知道 那就别管我们 |
[1:20:52] | I saw your son. | 我看见你儿子了 |
[1:20:55] | Yeah, that’s right, Danny.\nRemember him? | 对的 丹尼\n记得吗? |
[1:20:58] | Lives across the bridge in Oakland,\nworks at a music store. Antonio’s. | 就在奥克兰的桥边生活 在一间音乐器材店工作 |
[1:21:03] | He’s doing pretty good. He’s married. | 他过得挺好 也结婚了 |
[1:21:06] | I think he’s finally over Hal’s suicide. | 我觉得他总算跳出哈尔自杀的阴影了 |
[1:21:09] | Danny’s in Oakland? | 丹尼在奥克兰? |
[1:21:12] | Let me tell you something,\nJeanette, Jasmine… | 我和你说\n简奈特 不 茉莉 |
[1:21:16] | …whatever it is\nyou call yourself these days. | 不管你现在管自己叫什么 |
[1:21:19] | Some people… | 有些人 |
[1:21:21] | …they don’t put things behind\nso easily. | 并不是那么容易能放下过去 |
[1:21:33] | You have a son? | 你有儿子? |
[1:21:35] | Yes, I have a son. He’s not– Biologically\nhe’s not my son. He’s my step– | 对 是的 不是血缘上的儿子 是继子 |
[1:21:40] | -Hal’s suicide?\n-I can explain it all later. | -哈尔自杀?\n-我迟些和你说 |
[1:21:42] | -Can we just–?\n-Not until you tell me what’s going on. | -我们能不能\n-不 你先告诉我怎么回事 |
[1:21:45] | -Not in the street.\n-I want to know. | -别在街上说这些\n-我想知道 |
[1:21:47] | -I know. We’ll go somewhere quiet.\n-Get in the car. | -我知道 我们到安静些的地方\n-那就到车里吧 |
[1:21:50] | -Don’t talk to me in that tone of voice.\n-Okay. | -别用这种语气和我说话\n-行 |
[1:21:58] | Of course we can’t get married!\nYou lied to me up and down the line! | 我们肯定不能结婚了\n你一直和我说谎 |
[1:22:02] | -No, I wanted to tell you.\n-Are you delusional? | -不 我是想告诉你的\n-你在想什么? |
[1:22:05] | Didn’t you think I’d find out? | 你觉得我发现不了? |
[1:22:07] | -What were you thinking?\n-I don’t know what I was thinking. | -你在想什么?\n-我不知道我在想什么 |
[1:22:10] | Everything happened in the past.\nYou and I loved each other. | 这些都是过去的事\n我们是相爱的 |
[1:22:14] | What? That it would just vanish? | 发生在过去不等于就消失了 |
[1:22:16] | Didn’t you think I would find out,\nif not today, eventually? | 你是不是觉得如果不是今天有人告诉我 我就暂时发现不了? |
[1:22:20] | Like after we were married? Is that what\nyou wanted, to wait until it was too late? | 等到我们结婚以后? 到已经来不及的时候再跟我说? |
[1:22:24] | For your future plans\nwhere you needed the appropriate wife? | 可是你以后的人生计划 不也是要一位合适的太太吗 |
[1:22:28] | I won’t say it wouldn’t be an issue,\nbut that you could stand by… | 我确实需要\n但是这并不是 |
[1:22:31] | -…deceive me until I married you–\n-No, you mean till I trapped you. | -你在没结婚前就欺骗我的理由\n-你说的可不是结婚 你的意思是我套牢你 |
[1:22:35] | -Your ethical behavior is equal to your ex.\n-I wasn’t deceiving you. I loved you. | -你的品德和你的前夫差不多\n-我不是欺骗你 我爱你 |
[1:22:40] | -I found out by chance, by sheer chance.\n-Okay, if it’s over, it’s over. | -那我怎么会在这么偶然的情况下才知道真相\n-行了 咱们算了 算了 |
[1:22:44] | I get it. You’re not marrying me.\nI brought everything on myself. | 我明白了 你也不会娶我\n我咎由自取 |
[1:22:47] | I’ve only got myself to blame.\nI did it to myself again, as usual. | 我只能怪自己\n我自己搞砸的 一直都这样 |
[1:22:52] | You and your stupid\nlittle French whore. | 你和你的那个法国小破鞋 |
[1:22:54] | -I have no idea what you’re talking about.\n-Let me out of the car. | -你在说什么?\n-让我下车 |
[1:22:58] | -Let me out of the car.\n-How are you gonna get home? | -让我下车\n-你怎么回家? |
[1:23:01] | I’m not going home. Let me out.\nLet me out of the car! | 我不回家了 让我下车\n让我下车! |
[1:23:26] | Hey, remember to tell her\nwhen she gets here, okay? | 她来的时候记得告诉她 知道吗 |
[1:23:30] | Believe me, she won’t care. | 相信我吧 她才不在乎 |
[1:23:32] | -She is half out the door.\n-Yeah, well…. | -她已经一只脚跨出这个门了\n-好—— |
[1:23:35] | I didn’t start out not liking her. | 我一开始并没不喜欢她 |
[1:23:37] | I think she had it in for me\nfrom the moment she met me. | 但她开始就对我没有好脸色 |
[1:23:41] | Well, I like you. | 我喜欢你啊 |
[1:23:42] | Now, that’s what counts,\nnot how she feels about you. | 我的感觉才算数\n她的不算 |
[1:23:45] | You know, I’m sick of her\ncalling you a loser… | 我也不喜欢她说你是失败者 |
[1:23:48] | …or always pushing me\nto find a better man. | 还有怂恿我去找更好得男人 |
[1:23:52] | You know, in my book, you’re no loser. | 你在我的字典里不是失败者 |
[1:23:55] | You’re twice the guy I met at the party\nshe dragged me to. | 你比她拉我去的派对里的男人好两倍 |
[1:23:58] | -Oh, yeah?\n-Yeah. | -是吗?\n-当然 |
[1:24:00] | -Well, I love you.\n-I know. | -我爱你\n-我明白 |
[1:24:02] | -I love the boys. I think they love me too.\n-They do. | -我也爱孩子们 我觉得他们也喜欢我\n-是的 |
[1:24:06] | -When I thought I lost you–\n-You didn’t lose me, baby. | -我要失去你的时候——\n-你没有失去我 亲爱的 |
[1:24:10] | I almost lost you. | 是我差一点点失去你 |
[1:24:40] | Is this what you gave up\neverything for? | 这就是你为之放弃一切的东西? |
[1:24:43] | To sell secondhand\nmusical instruments? | 卖二手乐器? |
[1:24:48] | I asked Augie not to tell you\nwhere I was. | 我让奥吉别告诉你我在这儿的 |
[1:24:54] | Why? | 为什么? |
[1:24:57] | What happened? | 发生什么了? |
[1:25:00] | Why did you disappear like that\nand never contact me? | 为什么就那样一走了之 也不和我联系? |
[1:25:03] | I couldn’t find you when I needed you. | 我需要你的时候找不到你 |
[1:25:07] | I know the whole story, I found it out,\nso don’t act so surprised. | 我知道所有事 我都发现了\n别装得这么惊讶 |
[1:25:19] | Are you having an affair\nwith Lisette Boudreau? | 你和莉赛特.卜德罗在搞外遇吗? |
[1:25:23] | Oh, Jasmine,\nI can’t do this without a drink. | 茉莉\n我得喝一杯 |
[1:25:25] | No, don’t tap dance.\nYou never went to Chicago. | 别装蒜\n你根本没去芝加哥 |
[1:25:29] | You took the Jordans’ au pair\nto Paris. | 你把乔丹家的保姆带去巴黎了 |
[1:25:31] | I know what’s been going on. | 我知道发生了些什么 |
[1:25:34] | -Can we talk about this, please?\n-You bet we can talk about it. | -我们能聊聊吗?\n-当然能聊 |
[1:25:38] | Can you do it calmly? | 你能不能冷静下来? |
[1:25:39] | I wanna talk to you about\nwhat’s going on, but you’re always so– | 我也想和你仔细谈谈的 但是你总是—— |
[1:25:43] | How do you expect me to react? | 你觉得我应该有什么反应? |
[1:25:45] | You’ve been sleeping\nwith other women for years. | 你和别的女人睡一起这么多年了 |
[1:25:48] | I mean, Raylene,\nyour secretary, our trainer. | 比如瑞琳 你的秘书 我们的教练 |
[1:25:52] | -Amy.\n-This is different. | -艾米\n-这不一样 |
[1:25:55] | This is serious. | 这次是认真的 |
[1:25:57] | Lisette and I are in love. | 我和莉赛特相爱了 |
[1:26:00] | Wha–? What? | 什——什么? |
[1:26:02] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗? |
[1:26:03] | I’m sorry, but I need you to hear\nwhat I’m saying. Lisette and I are in love. | 抱歉 但我需要你听清楚 我和莉赛特相爱了 |
[1:26:08] | What does that mean?\nWhat does that stupidity even mean? | 这是什么意思?\n这是什么蠢事? |
[1:26:12] | It means that we are making plans\nfor the future together. | 意思就是我们在计划将来了 |
[1:26:16] | I’m sorry.\nI’m having trouble understanding. | 对不起\n我听不懂 |
[1:26:18] | I know this comes as a shock,\nbut I have to be honest with you. | 是比较惊人\n但是我要对你诚实 |
[1:26:22] | You wanna be honest.\nThat’s the biggest joke of all. | 你诚实\n这真是最好笑的笑话了 |
[1:26:25] | I’ve had casual flirtations in the past. | 过去我确实有些逢场作戏的风流事 |
[1:26:28] | They didn’t mean anything until now.\nThis is different. | 但那些都不算什么\n这次不一样 |
[1:26:31] | Are you out of your mind?\nShe is a teenager, for chrissake. | 你失心疯了?\n她才十多岁 我的老天 |
[1:26:35] | She’s an au pair.\nI mean, are you crazy? | 是个保姆 你疯了? |
[1:26:38] | -Christ, this is hard for me to tell you!\n-It’s hard for you? What about me? | -天啊 连和你说这些我都觉得难到家了\n-你觉得难? 那我呢? |
[1:26:43] | This is so humiliating for me. | 我的脸丢尽了 |
[1:26:45] | I mean, it is bad enough that\neveryone knows you’ve been unfaithful. | 大家都知道你背着我乱搞 这对我来说还不够丢脸吗? |
[1:26:49] | But to throw me away for this\nstupid-looking little French– | 然后你还要为了这个法国小破鞋 抛弃我—— |
[1:26:52] | -I will take very good care of you.\n-I’m sorry. | -我会好好照顾你的\n-对不起 |
[1:26:55] | I can’t breathe. I can’t breathe. | 我没法呼吸了 没法呼吸了 |
[1:26:59] | I don’t know what I’m–\nWhat am I doing here? | 我真是——我在做什么? |
[1:27:02] | Oh, God, this is unacceptable.\nThis is not gonna happen. | 天啊 真的完全不能接受\n怎么会这样 |
[1:27:06] | You’re not going anywhere.\nThis is unacceptable. | 你哪儿也不能去\n我完全不接受 |
[1:27:09] | -Jasmine, you’re having a tantrum.\n-Don’t you touch me! | -茉莉 你正在气头上\n-别碰我! |
[1:27:13] | -Don’t you touch me!\n-You are having a tantrum. | -你再碰我一下试试\n-你现在气昏头了 |
[1:27:16] | Stop, stop. | 停下 停下 |
[1:27:19] | -What am I doing here?\n-Pull yourself together. | -我在这儿做什么?\n-镇定 镇定 |
[1:27:22] | -I can’t–\n-Jasmine. | -我不能——\n-茉莉 |
[1:27:27] | When you calm down, we can talk\nlike two civilized adults… | 等你冷静下来后 我们可以用理智的成人态度来交流 |
[1:27:31] | …about the arrangements\nwe have to make. | 看看我们接下来怎么安排 |
[1:27:46] | Until then I’m gonna check into a hotel. | 在那之前我就搬去酒店住 |
[1:27:56] | What am I doing here?\nWhat am I doing here? | 我在这里做什么?\n我在这里做什么? |
[1:28:13] | Hello.\nYes, I want the number of the FBI. | 你好\n我想要FBI的电话号码 |
[1:28:18] | Can you connect me? | 能帮我接过去吗? |
[1:28:24] | -Mr. Francis?\n- Yes? | -弗朗西斯先生?\n-是的 |
[1:28:27] | -Hal Francis?\n-Yes. | -哈尔 弗朗西斯? |
[1:28:29] | I’m sorry, sir,\nwe have a warrant for your arrest. | 对不起 先生\n我们带着逮捕令来的 |
[1:28:32] | -What?\n-We have a warrant for your arrest. | -什么?\n-我们有你的逮捕令 |
[1:28:35] | -Is this some kind of a joke?\n-No, sir. | -是哪里弄错了吗?\n-没哟 先生 |
[1:28:37] | -It’s best if you come with us now.\n-Under arrest for what? | -最好你现在能跟我们走一趟\n-你们以什么理由逮捕我? |
[1:28:41] | Sir, come with us now.\nWe’ll settle this downtown. | 先生 马上跟我们走\n我们到市里去 |
[1:28:43] | -Do you have a warrant?\n-I do. | -你有逮捕令吗?\n-有的 |
[1:28:47] | -Gonna handcuff me?\n-We are. | -要把我拷上?\n-是的 |
[1:28:48] | -I wanna talk to my lawyer.\n-You’ll be able to call your lawyer. | -我要和我的律师通话 我什么时候可以联系我的律师?\n-你到时候可以给律师打电话 |
[1:28:52] | But we’ll warn you,\nyou have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[1:28:55] | Anything you say can be held\nagainst you in court. | 你所说的一切将会成为呈堂证供 |
[1:28:58] | -Okay, okay, let’s go.\n-Let’s go. | -好的 走吧\n-走吧 |
[1:29:00] | Jesus Christ Almighty. | 我的神啊 |
[1:29:04] | -What am I being arrested for?\n-We can discuss this downtown, sir. | -我是被捕了吗?\n-我们到市中心再说 先生 |
[1:29:12] | As disillusioned as I was with him,\nI hated you more. | 他在我心中的形象破灭后\n我就更恨你 |
[1:29:20] | The moment I did what I did,\nI regretted it. | 我当时做了以后就后悔了 |
[1:29:24] | I don’t wanna discuss it.\nIt’s past. It’s over. | 我不想说这个了\n都过去了 |
[1:29:27] | You can’t take back that phone call. | 你也没办法收回你打的那个电话了 |
[1:29:32] | I need you, Danny. | 丹尼 我需要你 |
[1:29:35] | I don’t wanna see you, Jasmine.\nI want the past past. | 我不想见到你 茉莉\n我只希望过去的事都过去 |
[1:29:39] | I’ve become a different person,\nthanks to my wife. I’m off drugs. | 我已经不是原来的我了\n多亏我太太的帮助 我也不嗑药了 |
[1:29:43] | Just, please, don’t spoil everything. | 请你不要再把事情搞砸了 |
[1:29:47] | Just get out of my life\nso I can move on. | 请远离我的生活\n让我能好好继续生活下去 |
[1:29:52] | Definitely. | 没错 |
[1:29:56] | -Hey.\n-Hey. | 嗨\n嗨 |
[1:29:57] | Hey, have some champagne. | 来吧 喝点香槟 |
[1:30:01] | Chili brought some over to celebrate. | 车利拿了些过来庆祝 |
[1:30:04] | We’re back together. | 我们和好了 |
[1:30:08] | I’m sorry,\nI’m not in a celebratory mood. | 对不起\n我没有心情庆祝 |
[1:30:11] | I don’t think I’d find that news\nanything to celebrate about. | 我也不觉得这事有什么好庆祝 |
[1:30:14] | Hey, come on, Jasmine,\nlet’s not dig at each other, okay? | 好了 茉莉\n我们别互相讽刺了行吗 |
[1:30:17] | I’m moving in, and she tells me\nyou found a rich husband. | 我要搬进来了 她说你找到了个有钱老公 |
[1:30:20] | -Gonna be a big shot in Washington.\n-We made up. | -华盛顿将来的明星\n-我们亲热了一番 |
[1:30:23] | -Yeah, she begged for my forgiveness.\n-And he cried like a baby and apologized. | -对 她要求我的原谅\n-然后他哭得像个孩子 还道歉了 |
[1:30:28] | -I didn’t cry.\n-Bullshit. You cry all the time. | -我可没哭\n-狗屁 你老是哭 |
[1:30:33] | But we’re moving in. | 但我们要搬到一起住了 |
[1:30:35] | It’s something we planned for a long time\nand maybe if we’d just done it– | 我们都计划这么久了 |
[1:30:39] | Oh, for chrissake. | 天啊 |
[1:30:42] | What’s wrong with your self-esteem? | 你的自尊心呢? |
[1:30:44] | There’s men who’d never think\nabout ripping the phone out of the wall. | 全世界到处是不会乱砸电话的男人 |
[1:30:49] | Hey, leave him alone.\nYou’re always picking on him. | 好了 别这样\n你总是挑他的刺 |
[1:30:52] | No, you choose losers, okay? | 不 是你总是选择失败者 好吧? |
[1:30:55] | Because that’s what you think\nyou deserve. | 因为你觉得你只能跟这些男人 |
[1:30:57] | That’s why you’re living like this and\nthat’s why you’ll never have a better life. | 这就是为什么你住在这样的地方 生活总是没起色 |
[1:31:02] | I’m– I’m living– | 我 我住在这里 |
[1:31:04] | I’m living like this because\nyou married the biggest loser of all… | 我住在这里 还不是因为你嫁了个最大的失败者 |
[1:31:10] | …and went your own sweet way… | 然后你自顾自地什么也不管 |
[1:31:13] | …while he pissed away my\none big chance to make a better life. | 眼看着他毁掉我可以改善自己生活的机会 |
[1:31:18] | Come on, let’s not ruin\nour celebration, okay? | 好了 别坏了我们的兴致 好吗 |
[1:31:21] | Come on, she’s happy, we’re happy.\nLet’s let sleeping dogs lie. | 得了 她也挺好 我们也挺好\n就别惹是生非了 |
[1:31:25] | He’s right. I’m not gonna be drawn\ninto defending myself… | 没错 我也不打算为我自己辩护 |
[1:31:29] | …when all I wanted to do\nwas bring you in on a good deal. | 比如当初我完全是好心好意想帮你 |
[1:31:35] | I’m moving out of this place today. | 今天我就搬出去 |
[1:31:38] | I just gotta get myself together. | 我会振作起来 |
[1:31:40] | Dwight asked me to move in with him,\nas I expected he would. | 德怀特就想我预想的那样 让我搬去和他一起住 |
[1:31:45] | He wants me to finish\ndecorating his home. | 他想让我帮他装修房子 |
[1:31:48] | Then we’ll marry\nand we’ll move in together. | 我们会结婚 幸福地一起生活 |
[1:31:50] | He’s one of these men\nwho’s lost without a woman. | 他身边没有得力的女人可不行 |
[1:31:53] | It has to be the right woman,\nwho’s a plus for his career. | 必须得是能帮助他事业的女人 |
[1:31:57] | And I have the social skills required\nfor his future in politics. | 我的社交能力能帮助他走仕途 |
[1:32:01] | For the next few years,\nwe’ll be living in Vienna. | 之后几年我会在维也纳生活 |
[1:32:06] | Now, if you’ll excuse me,\nI’m gonna take a shower. | 如果你们不介意 我先去洗个澡 |
[1:32:09] | I’ll send for my luggage. | 然后收拾东西 |
[1:32:14] | I was pretty angry at some of the things\nshe said, but I kept it on the inside. | 我真的要被她气坏了 但我忍着不说 |
[1:32:20] | I’m tired of her knocking you.\nYou know? | 我真受不了她这样挑剔你了\n知道吗 |
[1:32:34] | Don’t even think about taking\nthat last slice of pizza. | 你可别想吃最后一片披萨 |
[1:32:37] | -What? Why?\n-That’s my slice of pizza. Don’t take it. | -什么?为什么?\n-那是我的 你不准吃 |
[1:32:40] | -Is it really?\n-Last slice belongs to the man. | -真的吗?\n-最后一片要给男人吃 |
[1:32:43] | -You’re putting too much on the hips.\n-Is that so? | -你屁股够大了\n-是吗? |
[1:32:46] | -Yeah, if you wanna keep me around–\n-This slice is yours? | -是啊 如果你还希望我爱你的话\n-这片是你的? |
[1:32:50] | -Don’t touch it. Ginger, I swear to God.\n-Is this yours? Is this yours? | -不准碰它 金吉\n-是你的吗?是你的吗? |
[1:32:56] | That slice of pizza is mine. | 这是我的 |
[1:32:59] | -That’s mine.\n-Yeah. | -是我的\n-嘿嘿 |
[1:33:01] | That’s mine. That’s mine. | 是我的 我的 |
[1:33:03] | Oh, that’s mine.\nThose are definitely mine. | 我的\n都是我的 |
[1:33:06] | Is that yours? Yeah? | 是你的吗? |
[1:33:11] | Yeah, that’s yours, okay. | 对的 是你的 |
[1:33:33] | It’s fraught with peril. | 真是太危险了 |
[1:33:36] | They gossip, you know, they talk. | 他们议论纷纷 你知道的 |
[1:33:41] | I saw Danny. | 我看见丹尼了 |
[1:33:43] | Yes, did I tell you? | 没错 我和你说了吗? |
[1:33:47] | He’s getting married. | 他结婚了 |
[1:33:51] | A weekend in Palm Beach\nmeans I can wear…. | 在帕姆海滩过周末 我就可以穿…… |
[1:33:55] | What could I wear? I can wear\nthe Dior dress I bought in Paris. | 我能穿什么?我可以穿在巴黎买的迪奥裙子 |
[1:34:01] | Yes, my black dress. | 对的 黑裙子 |
[1:34:04] | Well, Hal always used to surprise me\nwith jewelry. | 哈尔总给我惊喜 给我买珠宝 |
[1:34:08] | Extravagant pieces. | 昂贵的珠宝 |
[1:34:11] | I think he used to buy them at auction. | 我想他以前应该是参加拍卖买的 |
[1:34:16] | It’s so obvious what you’re doing. | 你在做什么太明显了 |
[1:34:20] | You think I don’t know. | 你以为我不知道 |
[1:34:22] | French au pair. | 法国小保姆 |
[1:34:30] | This was playing on the Vineyard. | 这是当时在葡萄园里放的 |
[1:34:35] | “Blue Moon.” | 《蓝月》 |
[1:34:41] | I used to know the words. | 我之前记得歌词的 |
[1:34:45] | I knew the words. | 我知道歌词 |
[1:34:50] | Now they’re all a jumble. | 现在都不记得了\n(中文字幕翻译by Mejia 微博名”Mejia猫” ^_^) |