英文名称:No Country for Old Men
年代:2007
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:37] | I was sheriff of this county | 25岁时我成了 |
[00:39] | when I was 25 years old. | 这个区的警长 |
[00:41] | Hard to believe. | 难以置信 |
[00:44] | My grandfather was a lawman. Father too. | 我爷爷曾是个警官 我爸爸也是 |
[00:48] | Me and him was sheriffs at the same time, | 我和他同时任职警长 |
[00:50] | him up in Plano and me out here. | 他监管普拉诺区而我负责这里 |
[00:53] | I think he’s pretty proud of that. | 我觉得他颇引以为荣 |
[00:56] | I know I was. | 我知道我很自豪 |
[00:59] | Some of the old-time sheriffs | 老一辈的警长 |
[01:01] | never even wore a gun. | 甚至从未执枪 |
[01:03] | Lot of folks find that hard to believe. | 许多人不大相信 |
[01:04] | Jim Scarborough never carried one. | 吉姆·斯卡保罗从未执枪 |
[01:06] | That’s the younger Jim. | 那是小吉姆 |
[01:08] | Gaston Boykins | 加斯顿·布金斯 |
[01:09] | wouldn’t wear one up in Comanche County. | 在科曼西区也没持过枪 |
[01:12] | I always liked to hear about the old-timers. | 我总爱听老一辈的故事 |
[01:16] | Never missed a chance to do so. | 一有机会绝不错过 |
[01:19] | You can’t help | 你总是 |
[01:20] | but compare yourself against the old-timers. | 会把自己与老一辈比较 |
[01:24] | Can’t help | 总会 |
[01:24] | but wonder how they’d have operated these times. | 想知道他们如何管理旧时光的 |
[01:28] | There’s this boy I sent to the electric chair | 不久以前在亨兹维尔 |
[01:30] | at Huntsville here a while back. | 我曾将一个男孩送上电椅 |
[01:33] | My arrest and my testimony. | 我逮捕并指证的 |
[01:37] | He killed a 14-year-old girl. | 他杀了个14岁的女孩 |
[01:41] | Paper said it was a crime of passion, | 报纸上说那不过是一时情绪失控 |
[01:43] | but he told me there wasn’t any passion to it. | 可他告诉我那可不是情绪失控 |
[01:46] | Told me he’d planned to kill somebody | 告诉我他从能记事起 |
[01:48] | for as long as he could remember. | 就开始计划杀人了 |
[01:50] | Said if they turned him out, he’d do it again. | 说如果他们放他出去了 他会再杀人的 |
[01:53] | Said he knew he was going to hell. | 说知道他会下地狱 |
[01:56] | Be there in about 15 minutes. | 大概在那儿呆上15分钟 |
[01:59] | I don’t know what to make of that. | 我实在是不明白 |
[02:01] | I surely don’t. | 我确实不知道 |
[02:05] | The crime you see now, | 现在你所看到的犯罪 |
[02:06] | it’s hard to even take its measure. | 重到甚至无法对它量刑 |
[02:10] | It’s not that I’m afraid of it. | 并不是说我怕了 |
[02:13] | I always knew you | 我一直明白 |
[02:14] | had to be willing to die to even do this job. | 做这份工作是要卖命的 |
[02:18] | But | 不过 |
[02:18] | I don’t want to push my chips forward and go out | 我不想拿命来做赌注 |
[02:22] | and meet something I don’t understand. | 处理我不理解的事情 |
[02:30] | A man would have to put his soul at hazard. | 人有时不得不出卖灵魂 |
[02:34] | He’d have to say, “OK. | 他不得不说:”好吧 |
[02:40] | I’ll be part of this world. “ | 我会适应这个世界的” |
[02:44] | Yes, sir, I just walked in the door. | 是的 长官 我走进房 |
[02:47] | He had some sort of thing on him, | 他身上放着什么东西 |
[02:49] | like a oxygen tank for emphysema or something, | 像为治疗气肿或什么的氧气罐 |
[02:53] | and a hose that run down his sleeve. | 在他衣袖下还露出条橡皮管 |
[02:55] | Oxygen tank? What the hell’s he got that for? | 氧气罐? 他要那种东西搞什么鬼? |
[02:58] | You got me. | 你问到我了 |
[02:59] | Well, you can look at it when you get in. | 你来的时候可以亲眼看看 |
[03:00] | – I’ll be down there in a bit. | – 一会儿我就过来 |
[03:02] | – Yes, sir, I got it under control. | – 是 长官 这边一切皆在掌握 |
[04:42] | – Howdy. What’s this about? | – 你好 这是要干什么? |
[04:44] | – Step out of the car please, sir. | – 请下车 先生 |
[04:46] | What is that? | 为什么? |
[04:47] | I need you to step out of the car, sir. | 我需要你下车 先生 |
[04:57] | – What is that for? – Would you…? | – 为什么要下车? – 你能…? |
[04:59] | Would you hold still please, sir? | 你能站着别动吗 先生? |
[05:32] | You hold still. | 站着别动 |
[05:44] | Shit. | 见鬼 |
[09:15] | Agua. | 水 |
[09:18] | Agua. | 水 |
[09:32] | Agua. | 水 |
[09:35] | I ain’t got no water. | 我没水 |
[09:39] | Agua. | 水 |
[09:49] | Agua. | 水 |
[09:52] | I told you I ain’t got no agua. | 和你说了我没水 |
[10:09] | Do you speak English? | 你会说英语吗? |
[10:13] | Where’s the last guy? | 还有活的人吗? |
[10:15] | Ultimo hombre, last man standing. | 最后一个人(西班牙语) 最后一个人 |
[10:17] | There must have been one. Where’d he go? | 肯定还有活着的 他去哪里了? |
[10:26] | I reckon I go out the way I come in. | 我想我还是怎么来的再怎么回去 |
[10:32] | Hay lobos. | 有狼 |
[10:35] | There ain’t no lobos. | 才没有狼 |
[10:51] | You stopped to watch your backtrack. | 你停下来观察来路 |
[10:56] | Now shoot my dumb ass. | 现在可以杀了我了(沙漠里看来路容易迷路) |
[11:01] | But if you stop, | 不过如果你停下来 |
[11:04] | you stopped in shade. | 停在阴影下 |
[13:08] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[13:18] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[13:21] | Mmm. | 恩 |
[14:17] | My place is wrong? | 我家不行? |
[14:20] | Yours is the first place Danzer & Dora will look | 你家会是丹泽尔和朵拉首先去的地方 |
[14:22] | if they… | 如果他们… |
[14:23] | If they know. | 如果他们知道的话 |
[14:27] | – What’s in the satchel? – It’s full of money. | – 那皮箱里面是什么? – 装满了钱 |
[14:30] | That would be the day. | 你走狗屎运了 |
[14:33] | – Where’d you get the pistol? | – 那把枪从哪弄来的? |
[14:34] | – At the get-it place. | – 我弄到枪的地方 |
[14:37] | – Did you buy that gun? – No. I found it. | – 你买的吗? – 不 我找到它的 |
[14:42] | – Llewelyn. – What? Quit your hollering. | – 卢埃林 – 怎么? 别盘根问底的 |
[14:46] | What’d you give for that thing? | 为了那个东西你都干了些什么? |
[14:49] | You don’t need to know everything, Carla Jean. | 你没必要什么事都知道 卡拉·金 |
[14:52] | – I need to know that. | – 但这个我得知道 |
[14:54] | – Keep running that mouth of yours, | – 你再这样说个不停 |
[14:56] | I’m gonna take you in the back and screw you. | 我会把你拉到后面去干你 |
[14:59] | – Big talk. – Keep it up. | – 说大话 – 那你接着说啊 |
[15:02] | Fine. I don’t want to know. | 好吧 我不想知道 |
[15:05] | I don’t even want to know where you been all day. | 我甚至不想知道你一整天去哪里了 |
[15:09] | That’ll work. | 这不就好了 |
[15:25] | All right. | 够了 |
[15:32] | – Llewelyn? – Yeah? | – 卢埃林? – 怎么? |
[15:37] | – What’re you doing, baby? – I’m going out. | – 你在干什么 宝贝? – 我要出去了 |
[15:40] | Going where? | 去哪? |
[15:42] | A little something I forgot to do, | 有点小事情忘记处理了 |
[15:44] | but I’ll be back. | 我会回来的 |
[15:45] | – And what’re you gonna do? | – 你要去做什么? |
[15:47] | – I’m fixing to do something | – 虽然我决定要去做件 |
[15:49] | dumber than hell, but I’m going anyways. | 无比愚蠢的事 不过我还是要去做的 |
[15:53] | If I don’t come back, you tell Mother I love her. | 如果我没回来 告诉妈妈我爱她 |
[15:57] | Your mother’s dead, Llewelyn. | 你妈妈死了 卢埃林 |
[16:03] | Well, then I’ll tell her myself. | 那 我会亲自告诉她的 |
[20:58] | – How much? – Sixty-nine cents. | – 多少钱? – 69美分 |
[21:02] | And the gas? | 汽油呢? |
[21:03] | Y’all getting any rain up your way? | 你来的一路上有没有下雨? |
[21:07] | – What way would that be? | – 你说的是那条路? |
[21:09] | – Well, I seen you was from Dallas. | – 我看见你从达拉斯州来的 |
[21:13] | What business is it of yours where I’m from… | 我从哪里来这关你什么事了 |
[21:17] | …friendo? | 老兄? |
[21:21] | – Well, I didn’t mean nothing by it. | – 我说这话没什么别的意思? |
[21:23] | – You didn’t mean nothing? | – 你没别的意思? |
[21:25] | I was just passing the time. | 我不过没事找话 |
[21:28] | If you don’t want to accept that, | 如果你这个都不理解的话 |
[21:30] | I don’t know what else I can do for you. | 那我就也没办法了 |
[21:35] | – Will there be something else? | – 还有别的需要吗? |
[21:37] | – I don’t know. Will there? | – 我不知道 还有吗? |
[21:45] | – Is something wrong? – With what? | – 有什么不对头的吗? – 什么不对头? |
[21:47] | With anything. | 随便什么 |
[21:49] | Is that what you’re asking me? | 你就问我这个? |
[21:51] | Is there something wrong with anything? | 我觉得”随便什么”有什么不对头的? |
[21:54] | – Will there be anything else? | – 还有别的需要吗? |
[21:55] | – You already asked me that. | – 那个你已经问过我 |
[22:01] | – Well, I need to see about closing now. | – 我看是时候打烊了 |
[22:02] | – See about closing? | – 是时候打烊了 |
[22:04] | – Yes, sir. – What time do you close? | – 是的 先生 – 你什么时间打烊? |
[22:06] | – Now. We close now. – Now is not a time. | – 现在 我们现在打烊 – 现在不是个时间 |
[22:08] | – What time do you close? | – 你什么时间打烊? |
[22:10] | – Generally around dark. At dark. | – 一般在天黑左右 天黑后 |
[22:16] | You don’t know what you’re talking about, do you? | 你不知道你在说什么 对吧? |
[22:18] | Sir? | 先生? |
[22:21] | I said you don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我说你不知道你在说什么? |
[22:27] | – What time do you go to bed? – Sir? | – 你什么时间睡觉? – 先生? |
[22:29] | You’re a bit deaf, aren’t you? | 你有点聋 对吧? |
[22:31] | I said, what time do you go to bed? | 我说你什么时间睡觉? |
[22:35] | Oh. | 哦 |
[22:37] | Somewhere around 9:30. I’d say around 9:30. | 9:30左右 我会说9:30左右 |
[22:41] | I could come back then. | 我那时会回来的 |
[22:43] | Why would you be coming back? We’ll be closed. | 你为什么要回来? 我们那时打烊了 |
[22:45] | Yeah, you said that. | 是啊 你说过了 |
[22:48] | – Well, I got to close now. | – 我现在要打烊了 |
[22:50] | – You live in that house out back? | – 你住在后面的房子里? |
[22:54] | – Yes, I do. – You lived here all your life? | – 是的 没错 – 一辈子都住在这? |
[22:58] | Well,this is my wife’s father’s place originally. | 这里本是我老丈人家的房子 |
[23:03] | You married into it? | 你是入赘的? |
[23:06] | We lived in Temple, Texas for many years. | 我们在德克萨斯州坦普尔住了许多年 |
[23:11] | Raised a family there. In Temple. | 在那里养了一大家子 在坦普尔 |
[23:14] | – We come out here about four years ago. | – 我们大概4年前搬过来的 |
[23:17] | – You married into it? | – 你是入赘的? |
[23:19] | – If that’s the way you want to put it. | – 如果你非要这么说的话 |
[23:22] | – Well, I don’t have some way to put it. | – 我没有非要这么说 |
[23:24] | That’s the way it is. | 事实本就如此 |
[23:33] | What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss? | 你在掷硬币中最多输过多少? |
[23:37] | – Sir? – The most you ever lost on a coin toss? | – 先生? – 在掷硬币中最多输过多少? |
[23:42] | Oh, I don’t know. I couldn’t say. | 我不知道 这个不好说 |
[23:48] | – Call it. – Call it? | – 猜一面 – 猜一面? |
[23:50] | – Yes. – For what? | – 是的 – 为了什么? |
[23:52] | Just call it. | 猜就是了 |
[23:56] | Well, we need to know | 我们需要知 |
[23:57] | what we’re calling it for here. | 道我们猜这个是为了什么 |
[24:00] | You need to call it. I can’t call it for you. | 你得自己猜 我不能帮你猜 |
[24:03] | – Or it wouldn’t be fair. | – 要不然就不公平了 |
[24:05] | – I didn’t put nothing up. | – 我没下过赌注啊 |
[24:06] | Yes, you did. | 有 你下过 |
[24:07] | You’ve been putting it up your whole life. | 你把你的一生作为赌注了 |
[24:10] | You just didn’t know it. | 你自己不知道罢了 |
[24:12] | – You know what date is on this coin? – No. | – 你知道这硬币上的日期吗? – 不知道 |
[24:15] | 1958. It’s been traveling 22 years to get here. | 1958年 它辗转22年才来到这里 |
[24:20] | And now it’s here. | 而现在它就在这里 |
[24:22] | And it’s either heads or tails. | 而它不是头就是尾 |
[24:24] | You have to say. Call it. | 你必须要选 猜一面 |
[24:26] | Well, look, I need to know what I stand to win. | 瞧 我必须知道猜对了我能赢什么 |
[24:29] | – Everything. – How’s that? | – 一切 – 那是什么? |
[24:32] | You stand to win everything. Call it. | 猜对了你能赢得一切 猜一面 |
[24:39] | All right. Heads, then. | 好吧 那就选头吧 |
[24:47] | Well done. | 不错啊 |
[24:50] | – Don’t put it in your pocket. – Sir? | – 别把它放到你的口袋里 – 先生? |
[24:53] | Don’t put it in your pocket. | 别把它放到你的口袋里 |
[24:54] | It’s your lucky quarter. | 这是你的幸运硬币 |
[24:56] | Where do you want me to put it? | 你想我把它放在哪里? |
[24:58] | Anywhere not in your pocket. | 只要别放在口袋里 |
[25:00] | Or it’ll get mixed in with the others | 否则它就会和其它硬币混在一起 |
[25:02] | and become just a coin. | 成为枚普通的硬币 |
[25:08] | Which it is. | 它本就是普通硬币 |
[25:20] | Llewelyn? | 卢埃林? |
[25:24] | What the hell? | 见鬼了 |
[25:27] | – Odessa. – Why would we go to Odessa? | – 奥德赛(在德克萨斯州) – 为什么我们要去奥德赛 |
[25:30] | No, not we. You. You stay with your mother. | 不 不是我们 是你自己 和你妈妈住一起去 |
[25:34] | Well, how come? | 为什么? |
[25:35] | Look, right now it’s midnight Sunday. | 瞧 现在是周日午夜 |
[25:37] | Courthouse opens nine hours from now. | 从现在起9小时后法院就会开始上班 |
[25:40] | Someone’s gonna call in the vehicle number | 有人会打机动车电话询问 |
[25:42] | on the inspection plate of my truck. | 我卡车车检牌 |
[25:44] | And around 9:30, they’ll show up here. | 大概9:30时 他们就会来这里 |
[25:46] | – How long do we…? | – 我们有多长时间…? |
[25:47] | – Baby, What point would you quit | – 宝贝 要怎么要才能让你 |
[25:49] | bothering to look for your two million dollars? | 别再费尽心思找那200万美金 |
[25:52] | What am I supposed to tell Mama? | 我该怎么和妈妈说? |
[25:54] | Stand in the door and holler, “Mama, I’m home!”? | 站在门口大叫 “妈妈 我回家了!” |
[25:57] | – Llewelyn. – Come on, pack your things. | – 卢埃林 – 拜托 快打包 |
[25:59] | Anything you leave, you ain’t gonna see again. | 你留下的东西 就再也见不到了 |
[26:03] | Well, don’t fall down apologizing. | 别出事了才追悔莫及 |
[26:08] | Oh, baby, things happen. | 哦 宝贝 木已成舟 |
[26:11] | Come on, I can’t take them back. | 拜托 我不能把钱退还了 |
[26:35] | Mind riding bitch? | 你来开车介意吗 婊子? |
[26:50] | – This his truck? – Mm-hmm. | – 这是他的车? – 嗯 |
[26:56] | Got a screwgie? | 有螺丝拧吗? |
[27:01] | – Who cut his tires? | – 谁刺破了他的轮胎? |
[27:04] | – Mexicans, I guess. one of us. | – 我猜是墨西哥人 我们的同胞 |
[27:07] | – That is a dead dog. – Yes, it is. | – 那有条死狗 – 是的 |
[27:13] | – Where’s the receiver? – I’ve got it. | – 接收器在哪里? – 在我这 |
[27:17] | These are some ripe petunias. | 这是些成熟的牵牛花 |
[27:20] | Hold this, please. | 请拿着这个 |
[27:30] | Want it? | 要这个吗? |
[27:34] | – Getting anything on this? – Not a bleep. | – 有信号吗? – 一点也没有 |
[27:38] | All right. | 好吧 |
[27:42] | Give me that. | 把那个给我 |
[27:54] | – I thought it was a car afire. | – 我以为不过是辆车失火了 |
[27:55] | – It is a car afire. | – 确实是辆车失火了 |
[27:56] | Wendell said | 温德尔说 |
[27:57] | there’s something in the back country too. | 在旷野区域里也有点情况 |
[28:00] | Step in there. | 进去 |
[28:01] | When’s the county gonna start paying a rental | 这政府什么时候开始付我 |
[28:03] | on my horse? | 租马的钱? |
[28:04] | – I love you more and more everyday. | – 我每天爱你多一点 |
[28:06] | – That’s very nice. | – 你嘴真甜 |
[28:08] | – Be careful. – Always am. | – 小心点 – 一向如此 |
[28:10] | – Don’t get hurt. – Never do. | – 别受伤 – 从未受伤过 |
[28:12] | Don’t hurt no one. | 别伤着别人 |
[28:16] | If you say so. | 你说了我就做到 |
[28:52] | – Wouldn’t think a car’d burn like that. | – 从没想过车会被烧成这样 |
[28:55] | – Yes, sir. | – 没错 长官 |
[28:57] | We should’ve brought wienies. | 我们应该带点小香肠来 |
[28:58] | That look like about a ’77 Ford to you, Wendell? | 你觉得这像辆77版福特吗 温德尔? |
[29:01] | – It could be. | – 可能是吧 |
[29:03] | – I’d say it is. Not a doubt in my mind. | – 我说肯定是 毫无疑问 |
[29:05] | – The old boy shot by the highway? | – 高速公路旁被射杀的老家伙? |
[29:07] | – Yes, sir. His vehicle. | – 是的 长官 是他的车 |
[29:10] | Man killed Lamar’s deputy, took his car, | 有人杀了拉玛的副警长 抢了他的车 |
[29:12] | killed that man on the highway, | 在高耸公路旁杀了那个人 |
[29:14] | swapped for his car, now here it is | 换开他的车而现在车在这里 |
[29:16] | and he’s swapped again for God knows what. | 天知道又有谁遭了他的毒手 |
[29:20] | That’s very linear, sheriff. | 这个推理很有道理 警长 |
[29:23] | – Age’ll flatten a man, Wendell. – Yes, sir. | – 姜是老的辣 温德尔 – 是的 长官 |
[29:26] | – Then there’s this other. – Yeah. | – 现在又有其它受害者了 – 没错 |
[29:30] | – You ride Winston. – You sure? | – 你来骑温斯顿 – 你确定吗? |
[29:33] | Oh, I’m more than sure. | 哦 这点我非常确定 |
[29:35] | anything happens to Loretta’s horse out here, | 罗瑞塔的马如如有不测 |
[29:37] | I can tell you right now, | 告诉你 |
[29:38] | I don’t wanna be the party that was aboard. | 我绝对不想是当时骑在它身上的人 |
[29:41] | It’s the same tire tread coming back as going. | 这来回的胎痕都是一样的 |
[29:44] | Made about the same time too. | 且大致于同一时间形成 |
[29:46] | You can see the sides real clear. | 你能很清晰的看到侧轮胎痕 |
[29:50] | Somebody’s pried the inspection plate | 有人把这辆车的车检牌 |
[29:51] | off the door on this one. | 撬走了 |
[29:55] | I know this truck. | 我知道这辆车 |
[29:57] | Belongs to a fellow named Moss. | 属于个叫摩斯的家伙 |
[30:00] | – Llewelyn Moss? – That’s the boy. | – 卢埃林·摩丝? – 就是他 |
[30:03] | – You figure him for a dope runner? | – 你觉得他是毒贩? |
[30:05] | – I don’t know. | – 我不知道 |
[30:07] | – I kindly doubt it. | – 我有点不信 |
[30:08] | – O.K. Corral is just yonder. | – 好吧 车都在那边 |
[30:13] | Oh, hell’s bells,they even shot the dog. | 哦 老天爷 他们连狗也不放过 |
[30:18] | This is just a deal gone wrong, isn’t it? | 这笔毒品交易出了问题 对吧? |
[30:21] | Yup. Appears to have been a glitch or two. | 是 看上去交上火了 |
[30:29] | – What calibers you got there, sheriff? | – 你那边子弹什么口径的 警长? |
[30:32] | – Nine-millimeter. | – 9毫米 |
[30:33] | Couple of. 45 ACPs. | 还有几颗0.45英寸ACP子弹(11.43毫米) |
[30:36] | Somebody unloaded on that thing with a shotgun. | 有人用霰弹枪射杀了那条狗 |
[30:42] | How come the coyotes ain’t been at them? | 为什么野狼没把他们吃了 |
[30:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[30:52] | Supposedly, a coyote won’t eat a Mexican. | 可能 野狼不吃墨西哥人 |
[30:55] | These boys appear to be managerial. | 这几个看上去像头儿 |
[30:58] | I think we’re looking at more than one fracas. | 我想这里可能不止一场火拼 |
[31:00] | Execution here. | 这是被处死的 |
[31:01] | Wild West over there. | 那边是西部乱站 |
[31:05] | – It’s that Mexican brown dope. | – 这是那种墨西哥棕色毒品 |
[31:07] | – Oh, these boys is all swole up. | – 这几个家伙尸体都浮肿了 |
[31:09] | So this was earlier. Getting set to trade. | 因此情况是刚开始 准备交易 |
[31:12] | Then, whoa, differences, and… | 然后 有分歧 然后 |
[31:15] | – You know might not even a been no money. | – 甚至可能没准备现钱 |
[31:18] | – That’s possible. | – 有可能 |
[31:19] | – But you don’t believe it? – No. | – 不过你不相信 – 不错 |
[31:23] | Probably I don’t. | 我不相信 |
[31:27] | Well, it’s a mess, ain’t it, sheriff? | 这真是一团糟 对吧 警长? |
[31:31] | If it ain’t,it’ll do till the mess gets here. | 这种地方迟早会发生这种事的 |
[33:28] | Yes, sir? | 什么事 先生? |
[33:30] | – I’m looking for Llewelyn Moss. | – 我在找卢埃林·摩斯 |
[33:33] | – Did you go up to his trailer? | – 你去过他的房车了? |
[33:35] | – Yes, I did. – Well, I’d say he’s at work. | – 是的 我去过 – 那他可能还在上班 |
[33:37] | – Do you want to leave a message? | – 你要留个口讯吗? |
[33:39] | – Where does he work? | – 他在哪里上班? |
[33:41] | I can’t say. | 我不能说 |
[33:44] | Where does he work? | 他在哪里上班? |
[33:46] | Sir,I ain’t at liberty to give out no information | 先生 我无权透露 |
[33:49] | about our residents. | 我们房客的信息 |
[33:51] | Where does he work? | 他在哪里上班? |
[33:53] | Did you not hear me? | 你没听到我说话吗? |
[33:56] | We can’t give out no information. | 我们不能透露任何信息 |
[34:21] | – Why all the way to Del Rio? | – 为什么要长途跋涉去德里奥? |
[34:23] | – I’m gonna borrow a car from Roberto. | – 我要向罗伯托借一辆车 |
[34:25] | – You can afford one? | – 你能买得起车的? |
[34:27] | – I don’t want to register it. | – 我不想去登记 |
[34:29] | – Look, I’ll call you in a couple days. | – 瞧 我几天后会打电话给你 |
[34:31] | – Promise? | – 你保证? |
[34:32] | Yes, I do. | 是的 我保证 |
[34:34] | – I got a bad feeling, Llewelyn. | – 我有种不详的预感 卢埃林 |
[34:36] | – I got a good one. Oughta even out. | – 我感觉不错 这样就扯平了 |
[34:39] | Listen, you gotta quit your worrying so much. | 听着 你不要这么担心 |
[34:42] | – Mama’s gonna raise hell. – Mm-hm. | – 妈妈会气死的 – 嗯 |
[34:44] | She’s just gonna curse you up and down. | 她会把你从头骂到脚 |
[34:46] | – Well, you should be used to that. | – 你应该已经适应了 |
[34:48] | – I’m used to lots of things. | – 我应经适应了很多东西 |
[34:50] | – I work at Wal-Mart. – Not anymore, Carla Jean. | – 我在沃尔玛工作 – 不用再去上班了 卡拉·金 |
[34:53] | You are retired. | 你可以退休了 |
[34:55] | – Llewelyn? – Yes, ma’am? | – 卢埃林? – 是的 女士? |
[34:59] | – You are coming back, ain’t you? | – 你会回来的 对吗? |
[35:02] | – I shall return. | – 我会回来的 |
[35:09] | Sheriff’s department! | 警察局! |
[35:13] | Look at that lock. | 看看那把锁 |
[35:17] | – We going in? – Gun out and up. | – 我们闯进去吗? – 把枪拿在手上 |
[35:24] | – What about yours? – I’m hiding behind you. | – 你的枪呢? – 我会躲在你背后 |
[35:30] | Sheriff’s department! | 警察局! |
[35:58] | – I believe they done lit a shuck. | – 我看他们早溜了 |
[35:59] | – I believe you’re right. | – 我看你是对的 |
[36:01] | – That from the lock? – Probably must be. | – 那个是门锁? – 一定是了 |
[36:05] | – So when was he here, sheriff? | – 他什么时候再这里的呢 长官? |
[36:07] | – I don’t know. Oh… | – 我不知道 哦 |
[36:09] | – Now that’s aggravating. – Sheriff? | – 那可真让人生气 – 长官? |
[36:11] | – Still sweating. | – 还在冒水珠 |
[36:13] | – Oh, sheriff! We just missed him! | – 哦 长官! 我们刚巧错过他了 |
[36:18] | We gotta circulate this on radio. | 我们得在电台散布这个消息 |
[36:22] | All right. | 好吧 |
[36:24] | What do we circulate? | 我们该播些什么呢? |
[36:28] | Looking for a man who has recently drunk milk? | 寻找一个最近喝过牛奶的男子? |
[36:35] | – Oh, sheriff, that’s aggravating. | – 哦 长官 那可真气人 |
[36:38] | – I’m ahead of you there. | – 我已经气过了 |
[36:41] | Think this boy Moss | 你想这个叫摩斯的小子 |
[36:43] | has got any notion of the sorts of son-of-bitches | 知不知道有个混蛋 |
[36:45] | – that are hunting him? | – 正在追杀他吗? |
[36:47] | – I don’t know. He ought to. | – 不清楚 他应该知道吧 |
[36:52] | He’s seen the same things I’ve seen | 他能看到我所看到的东西 |
[36:53] | and it certainly made an impression on me. | 这让我 对他刮目相看 |
[37:03] | – Take me to a motel. – Got one in mind? | – 带我去个汽车旅馆 – 你有什么想去的? |
[37:05] | Someplace cheap. | 便宜就行 |
[37:08] | – You tell me the option. – Do what now? | – 你告诉我你的选择 – 现在做什么? |
[37:12] | You pick the option goes with the applicable rate | 你挑个房型 付对应的房价 |
[37:17] | I’m just one person, | 我不过一个人 |
[37:18] | so it don’t matter the size of the bed. | 因此床的大小没关系 |
[37:26] | This is Roberto’s Automotive. | 这里是罗伯托汽车 |
[37:28] | I’m not in right now. | 我现在不在 |
[37:29] | Please leave a message. | 请留言 |
[39:30] | – Hello? – Is Llewelyn there? | – 你好? – 卢埃林在吗? |
[39:34] | Llewelyn? No, he ain’t. | 卢埃林? 不 他不在 |
[39:37] | You expect him? | 你在等他? |
[39:39] | Now why would I expect him? Who is this? | 我为什么会等他呢?你是谁? |
[39:51] | – May I help you? | – 我能帮你吗? |
[39:52] | – Yeah, you got a pair of Larry Mahans? | – 是啊 你有拉瑞·玛汗靴吗? |
[39:54] | Shoulder, size 11? | 牛肩皮 11码? |
[39:56] | – I’ll check. – You all sell socks? | – 我找找看 – 你买袜子吗? |
[39:58] | – Just white. | – 只有白色 |
[40:00] | – Well, white’s all I wear. Bathroom? | – 我也只穿白色 洗手间? |
[40:28] | Don’t stop.Just ride me up past those rooms. | 别停车 开过这些房间 |
[40:31] | – What room? – Just drive me around. | – 什么房间? – 就带着我绕圈子开 |
[40:35] | I wanna see if someone’s here. | 我想看是不是有人在这 |
[40:45] | Keep going. Don’t stop. | 继续开 别停 |
[40:47] | I don’t wanna | 我不想 |
[40:48] | get into some kind of a jackpot here. | 在这惹什么麻烦 |
[40:50] | It’s all right. | 没事的 |
[40:52] | Why don’t I just set you down right here | 不如在这里把你放下来 |
[40:54] | and we won’t argue about it? | 我也不收你的钱了 |
[40:56] | – Take me to another motel. | – 带我去另外一家汽车旅馆 |
[40:58] | – Let’s just call it square. | – 我们就算两清了吧 |
[40:59] | You’re in the jackpot, | 你已经惹上麻烦 |
[41:01] | and I’m trying to get you out of it. | 了 而我要把你从中带出去 |
[41:03] | Take me to another motel. | 带我去另外一家汽车旅馆 |
[41:53] | Lab reports from Austin | 来自奥斯汀实验室 |
[41:55] | on that boy by the highway. | 高速公路老头的尸检报告 |
[41:56] | – What was the bullet? – Wasrt no bullet. | – 是什么子弹? – 没有子弹 |
[42:00] | – Wasrt no bullet? – Yes, sir. Wasrt none. | – 没有子弹? – 是的 长官 一颗也没有 |
[42:04] | Well, Wendell, with all due respect, | 温德尔 请恕我冒昧 |
[42:06] | that don’t make a lot of sense. | 可那一点也解释不通 |
[42:09] | No, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[42:10] | You said entry wound in the forehead, | 你说前额伤口为进口 |
[42:13] | no exit wound. | 却无出口 |
[42:14] | – Yes, sir. – You telling me he shot this boy | – 是的 长官 – 你是说他射杀了这个老头 |
[42:17] | and then went digging around with a knife? | 然后用小刀把子弹挖了出来 |
[42:20] | – Sir, I don’t wanna picture that. | – 长官 我不想描绘那种画面 |
[42:22] | – I don’t either. | – 我也不想 |
[42:23] | Can I freshen that there for you,sheriff? | 我能为你加满吗 警长? |
[42:26] | Yeah, Maureen, you better had. | 好的 莫林 你最好给我加点 |
[42:29] | Ranger and the DEA | 巡警和缉毒警 |
[42:30] | are headed back out to the scene. | 正前往案发现场 |
[42:32] | Gonna join ’em? | 要一起去吗? |
[42:34] | Any new bodies accumulate out there? | 那里有新尸体吗? |
[42:38] | – No, sir. – Well, then I guess I can skip it. | – 没有 长官 – 那我想我就不去了 |
[42:56] | – Twelve-gauge. You need shells? | – 12号(18.415毫米口径) 你要子弹吗? |
[42:58] | – Yeah, double-ought. | – 要的 散弹 |
[43:00] | – Yeah, that’ll give you a wallop. | – 这个的后冲力可很强的 |
[43:02] | – Y’all got camping supplies? | – 你想要露营用品? |
[43:04] | Tent poles. You already have the tent? | 帐篷支杆 你已经有帐篷了? |
[43:07] | Well, something like that. | 和那差不多的东西 |
[43:09] | Give me the model number on the tent, | 给我帐篷的型号 |
[43:10] | I can order poles. | 我可以预订支杆 |
[43:12] | – Never mind. I want a tent. – What kind? | – 没关系 我要一个帐篷 – 那种的? |
[43:15] | The kind with most poles. | 有最多支杆的那种 |
[43:39] | – Could I get another room? | – 我能再开个房间吗? |
[43:40] | – You wanna change rooms? | – 你要换房间吗? |
[43:42] | No, ma’am, | 不 女士 |
[43:42] | I wanna keep my room and get another one. | 我想保留我现在的房间再开个房间 |
[43:44] | – Another additional? – Yes, ma’am. | – 额外的一间? – 是的 女士 |
[43:47] | And do you have a map of the rooms? | 你有客房示意图吗? |
[43:49] | Well, yeah, we had a sorta one. | 有的 我这里有张 |
[43:54] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[43:59] | How about 38? | 38号行吗? |
[44:01] | well,you can have the one right next to yours | 我可以给你隔壁的房间 |
[44:04] | if you want, | 如果你想要 |
[44:04] | 137. It ain’t took. | 137号 没有人住 |
[44:06] | – No, 38 will be fine. | – 不 38号就好了 |
[44:08] | – Well, that’s got two double beds. | – 可那间房有两个大床 |
[50:46] | How’d you find that? | 你怎么找来的? |
[52:34] | You shouldn’t be doir that. | 你真的不该那样做 |
[52:37] | Even a young man like you. | 就算是像你这样的年轻人 |
[52:41] | – Doir what? – Hitchhiking. | – 做什么? – 搭便车 |
[52:50] | Dangerous. | 很危险 |
[53:10] | You know Anton Chigurh by sight,is that correct? | 你见过安通·希格本人 对吧? |
[53:14] | Yes, sir, I know him every which way. | 是的 先生 我对他了如指掌 |
[53:17] | When did you last see him? | 你最后一次见他什么时候? |
[53:20] | Uh… | 唔… |
[53:21] | …November 28th, last year. | 去年 11月28日 |
[53:25] | Seem pretty sure of the date. | 看起来对日期挺确定 |
[53:26] | Did I ask you to sit? | 我要你坐下过吗? |
[53:29] | No, sir, but you struck me as a man | 没有 先生 不过我觉得你 |
[53:30] | who wouldn’t wanna waste a chair. | 像那种不会白空着张椅子的那种人 |
[53:33] | I remember dates, names, numbers. | 我记得日期 名字 号码 |
[53:36] | I saw him November the 28th. | 我在11月29日看到过他 |
[53:40] | Got a loose cannon here. | 这而有匹脱缰野马 |
[53:42] | We’re out a bunch of money, | 我们的一大笔钱没了 |
[53:44] | and the other party is out his product. | 而另一方的货也不见了 |
[53:46] | – Yes, sir. – This account will give up | – 是的 先生 – 这个账户能于 |
[53:49] | $1,200 in any 24-hour period | 任何24小时内提出1200美金 |
[53:52] | .That’s up from a thousand. | 上限是10万 |
[53:53] | If your expenses run higher, | 如果你的花销超出了 |
[53:55] | I hope you’ll trust us for it. | 希望你也能物超所值 |
[53:57] | OK. | 好的 |
[53:59] | – Just how well do you know Chigurh? | – 你到底多了解希格? |
[54:01] | – What do you wanna know? | – 你想知道什么? |
[54:03] | I just wanna know your opinion of him,in general. | 我只想知道你对他总体的印象 |
[54:07] | – Just how dangerous is he? | – 他到底有多危险? |
[54:10] | – Compared to what, the bubonic plague? | – 和什么相比 黑死病? |
[54:13] | He’s bad enough you called me. | 他可怕到你请我出马 |
[54:15] | Yeah, he’s a psychopathic killer,but so what? | 是的 他是个变态杀人狂 不过又有什么呢? |
[54:20] | There’s plenty of them around. | 这种人多得是 |
[54:21] | Killed three men in a Del Rio motel yesterday, | 昨天在德里奥汽车旅馆杀了三人 |
[54:24] | and two others in that colossal goat-fuck | 之后又杀了2个 |
[54:27] | out in the desert. | 在沙漠里 |
[54:28] | – We can stop that. | – 我们可以阻止他 |
[54:29] | – Seem pretty sure of yourself. | – 对你自己自信满满 |
[54:33] | You’ve led something of a charmed life, | 你过着舒适安逸的生活 |
[54:35] | haven’t you, Mr. Wells? | 对吧 威尔斯先生? |
[54:38] | In all honesty, I can’t say that | 说实在的 我觉得 |
[54:41] | charm has had a whole lot to do with it. | 这和舒适的生活没什么大关系 |
[54:45] | – I was wondering… – Yes? | – 我在想… – 什么? |
[54:48] | Could you validate my parking ticket? | 你能给我报销停车票吗? |
[54:52] | – An attempt at humor, I suppose? – I’m sorry. | – 你是在说笑吧 我猜? – 对不起 |
[55:01] | You know, I counted the floors | 你知道 我从街上 |
[55:04] | to this building from the street. | 数了这栋楼的楼层 |
[55:07] | – And? – There’s one missing. | – 然后呢? – 少了一层 |
[55:12] | We’ll look into it. | 我们会去调查 |
[55:34] | One room. One night. | 一个房间 一个晚上 |
[55:37] | – That’ll be $26. – Alrighty. | – 26美金 – 好的 |
[55:45] | You on all night? | 你整晚都在? |
[55:46] | Yes, sir, I’ll be right here | 是的 先生 |
[55:47] | till 10:00 in the morning. | 到明天早上10点我都在 |
[55:51] | This here’s for you. Now, | 这是给你 现在 |
[55:53] | I ain’t asking you to do anything illegal. | 我不是要你帮我做什么违法的事 |
[55:55] | There’s someone who been looking for me. | 有人在找我 |
[55:57] | Not police. | 不是警察 |
[55:59] | You just call me | 打电话给我 |
[55:59] | if anyone else checks in tonight. | 今晚如果有任何人入住的话 |
[56:01] | And by anyone, I mean any swinging dick. | 而说到任何人 我是说连来做皮肉生意的人 |
[56:46] | There just ain’t no way. | 他没可能知道我在哪的 |
[1:02:26] | Don’t worry, I ain’t gonna hurt you. | 别担心 我不会伤害你的 |
[1:02:29] | I need you to drive me on outta here. | 我要你把我载出这里 |
[1:05:38] | – Why not? – I don’t know, man. | – 为什么不? – 我不知道 伙计 |
[1:06:04] | Were you in a car accident? | 你出车祸了吗? |
[1:06:08] | I’ll give you 500 bucks for that coat. | 我花500块买你那件外套 |
[1:06:12] | Lemme see the money. | 先把钱给我看 |
[1:06:16] | Were you in a car accident? | 你出车祸了吗? |
[1:06:20] | – Yeah. – OK, give me the money. | – 是的 – 好吧 把钱给我 |
[1:06:22] | – It’s right here. Give me the clothes. | – 就在这里 把衣服给我 |
[1:06:25] | – Let him hold the money. | – 把钱先给他 |
[1:06:33] | Give it here. | 给我 |
[1:06:42] | Gimme that beer too. | 那啤酒也给我 |
[1:06:46] | How much? | 多少钱? |
[1:06:49] | Brian, give him the beer. | 布莱恩 把啤酒给他 |
[1:08:03] | Ah! | 啊! |
[1:09:03] | Mexico… | 墨西哥人 |
[1:09:05] | …por favor. | 帮个忙 |
[1:11:11] | Wait up! | 等等! |
[1:11:15] | …and I had a 44 inch waist | …我那时腰围44英寸(3尺3) |
[1:11:17] | .My diet specialist got a hold of me, | 我的营养师控制住了我的食欲 |
[1:11:18] | and that first week,I lost seven pounds! | 第一周 我减了7磅! |
[1:11:20] | Looking back on the diet, | 回顾整个过程 |
[1:11:22] | it was relatively easy to lose the weight, | 减肥相对来说比较容易 |
[1:11:24] | though it did have moments. | 不过也有难熬的时候 |
[1:11:26] | Sometimes,it looked as if I gained weight | 有时候会感觉 |
[1:11:28] | instead of lost it. | 我体重不减反增 |
[1:11:29] | The most difficult part is still ahead. | 最难熬得时光还在以后 |
[1:11:32] | Keeping weight off now that we’ve lost it. | 在持续减掉体重后 |
[1:11:34] | It’s natural for you to gain a few pounds. | 涨上几磅是很自然的事 |
[1:11:36] | But as soon as you do, make sure you go on… | 不过你体重增长后 确保你继续… |
[1:12:37] | Here are a few points to remember. | 这里有几个小要点 |
[1:12:40] | First of all, weigh in every day. | 首先 每天称体重 |
[1:13:11] | Any word on those vehicles yet? | 那些车辆调查有什么进展吗? |
[1:13:13] | Sheriff,I found out everything there was to find. | 长官 所有能找到的信息我都找到了 |
[1:13:16] | Those vehicles | 这些车 |
[1:13:17] | are titled and registered to deceased people. | 是登记在死人名下的 |
[1:13:21] | The owner of that Bronco’s been dead 20 years. | 那辆布容科的车主已经死了20年 |
[1:13:23] | Want me to find out about the Mexican ones? | 想要我去找找那些墨西哥人车的资料吗? |
[1:13:26] | No. Lord, no. | 别 上帝 别 |
[1:13:28] | There’s this month’s checks. | 这个月的核查内容在这里 |
[1:13:31] | That DEA agent called again. | 缉毒警又打电话来了 |
[1:13:33] | You don’t wanna talk to him? | 你不想和他通话吗? |
[1:13:34] | Gonna try to keep from it much as I can. | 能不和他通话就不通话 |
[1:13:37] | He going back out there. | 他要回案发现场 |
[1:13:38] | he wanted to know if you wanted to go with him. | 想知道你是不是要和他一同去 |
[1:13:40] | That’s cordial of him. | 他真是个工作狂 |
[1:13:43] | Could I get you to call Loretta for me,tell her | 你能给罗瑞塔打给电话吗 告诉她 |
[1:13:45] | I’m going to Odessa to see Carla Jean Moss | 我要去奥德赛去见卡拉·金·摩斯 |
[1:13:48] | – Yes, sheriff. | – 是 长官 |
[1:13:49] | – I’ll call her when I get there. | – 到了那里我会给她电话的 |
[1:13:51] | I’d call now, | 我本想现在就打 |
[1:13:51] | but if she want me to come home, I might. | 可如果她要我回家的话 我可能就回去了 |
[1:13:53] | Do you want me to wait | 你想要等到你出了这栋楼 |
[1:13:54] | till you quit the building? | 在给她电话吗? |
[1:13:56] | Uh-huh. Don’t wanna lie without | 嗯 不到万不得已 |
[1:13:59] | what it’s absolutely necessary. | 时不要撒谎 |
[1:14:04] | What is it Torbert says about truth and justice? | 托伯特对真相和正义有何说法? |
[1:14:07] | Oh, we dedicate ourselves daily anew. | 哦 我们为此每天都奉献自己 |
[1:14:10] | Something like that. | 像那样的话 |
[1:14:11] | I’m gonna commence dedicating myself twice daily. | 我现在要开始每天献身给自己2次了 |
[1:14:14] | Might come to three before it’s over. | 可能一天结束前还会到3次 |
[1:14:18] | What the hell? | 什么鬼东西? |
[1:14:29] | Sheriff? | 长官? |
[1:14:30] | You looked at your load lately? | 你最近查了车上的东西没? |
[1:14:34] | – That is a damn outrage. | – 这简直太过分了 |
[1:14:36] | – One of those tie-downs worked loose. | – 你有一个口袋束口松了 |
[1:14:39] | – How many bodies did you leave with? | – 你发车的时候装了几具尸体? |
[1:14:41] | – I ain’t lost none of ’em, sheriff. | – 我可一具也没丢 |
[1:14:44] | Couldrt y’all have taken a van out there? | 你们就不能用辆有顶货车来送吗? |
[1:14:46] | We didn’t have no van with four-wheel drive. | 我们可没有四轮货车 |
[1:14:49] | You gona write me up for improperly secured load? | 你要因为我不安全运货开罚单吗? |
[1:14:52] | You get your ass outta here. | 你快滚 |
[1:14:57] | Buenos dias. | 上午好 |
[1:15:00] | I’m guessing this isn’t | 我猜 |
[1:15:01] | the future you had pictured for yourself | 这是你没有想到的 |
[1:15:03] | when you first clapped eyes on that money. | 当你第一次看到这些钱 |
[1:15:07] | Don’t worry.I’m not the man who’s after you. | 别担心 我不是追杀你的人 |
[1:15:11] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[1:15:14] | I’ve seen him. | 我见过他了 |
[1:15:15] | You’ve seen him?And you’re not dead? | 你见过他了?而你还没死? |
[1:15:20] | Huh. | 嗯 |
[1:15:21] | What’s this guy supposed to be, | 这是个什么人 |
[1:15:22] | the ultimate badass? | 终极坏蛋? |
[1:15:24] | Don’t think that’s how I’d describe him. | 我可不会这么形容他 |
[1:15:26] | How would you describe him? | 你会怎么形容他? |
[1:15:28] | I guess I’d say he doesn’t have a sense of humor. | 我想我会说他没什么幽默感 |
[1:15:32] | – His name’s Chigurh. – Sugar? | – 他的名字是希格 – 虚格(糖) |
[1:15:35] | Chigurh. Anton Chigurh. | 希格 安通·希格 |
[1:15:37] | – You know how he found you? | – 你知道他怎么找到你的? |
[1:15:39] | – Yeah, I know how he found me. | – 是的 我知道 |
[1:15:41] | – It’s called a transponder. | – 那是个发射器 |
[1:15:42] | – I know what it’s called. | – 我知道那个叫什么 |
[1:15:44] | – He won’t find me again. – Not that way. | – 他再也找不到我了 – 不用哪种方法了 |
[1:15:47] | – Not any way. – Took me about three hours. | – 用任何方法也找不到 – 我只花了3个小时 |
[1:15:50] | – Yeah, well, I been immobile. | – 是啊 我行动不便 |
[1:15:52] | – No. You don’t understand. | – 不 你还不明白 |
[1:15:57] | – What do you do? – I’m retired. | – 你做什么的? – 我退休了 |
[1:16:00] | – What did you do? – Welder. | – 你以前做什么的? – 焊工 |
[1:16:03] | – Acetylene? Mig? Tig? – Any of it. | – 乙炔? 溶化极气保焊? 惰性气体保焊? – 都行 |
[1:16:05] | – If it can be welded, I can weld it. | – 只要这东西能被焊接 我就能搞定 |
[1:16:07] | – Cast iron? | – 铸铁 |
[1:16:08] | – Yeah. – I don’t mean braze. | – 行 – 我不是说用铜焊接 |
[1:16:10] | – I didn’t say braze. – Pot metal? | – 我没说用铜 – 铸铁? |
[1:16:12] | What did I say? | 我刚刚不是说了吗? |
[1:16:15] | – Were you in ‘Nam? – Yeah, I was ‘Nam. | – 你当时在越南? – 是的 我在越南(美国越战部队) |
[1:16:21] | So was I. | 我也是 |
[1:16:23] | So, what does that make me, your buddy? | 那么 这让我成什么了 你的兄弟? |
[1:16:27] | Look, you gotta give me this money. | 听着 你必须要把钱给我 |
[1:16:30] | I got no other reason to protect you. | 否则我没理由保护你 |
[1:16:34] | It’s too late. I spent it. | 太迟了 我花光了 |
[1:16:37] | A million and a half on whores and whiskey, | 150万华在妓女和威士忌上 |
[1:16:40] | and the rest of it,I just sorta blew it in. | 其它的钱也挥霍一空了 |
[1:16:44] | How do you know he’s not on his way to Odessa? | 你怎么知道他不会去奥德赛? |
[1:16:51] | – Why would he go to Odessa? – Kill your wife. | – 他为什么要去奥德赛? – 杀了你的老婆 |
[1:17:02] | Maybe he’s the one that needs to be worried | 也许他才应该担惊受怕 |
[1:17:05] | … about me. | …怕我 |
[1:17:07] | He isn’t. | 他不会 |
[1:17:09] | Yeah. You’re not cut out for this. | 没错 你不是这块料 |
[1:17:12] | You’re just a guy | 你不过是 |
[1:17:13] | who happened to find those vehicles. | 恰巧发现那些车的普通人 |
[1:17:22] | I’m across the river at the Hotel Eagle. | 我在河对面的老鹰酒店 |
[1:17:25] | Carson Wells. | 卡尔逊·威尔斯 |
[1:17:27] | Call me when you’ve had enough. | 你受够了就来找我吧 |
[1:17:29] | I can even let you keep a little of the money. | 我甚至能让你留下点钱 |
[1:17:33] | If I was into cutting deals, | 如果我要做交易 |
[1:17:34] | why wouldn’t I deal with Sugar? | 为什么我不直接和虚格(糖)做交易 |
[1:17:36] | No, no, you don’t understand. | 不 不 你不明白 |
[1:17:38] | You can’t make a deal with him. | 他可不会和你做交易 |
[1:17:40] | Even if you gave him the money back, | 就算你把钱给他了 |
[1:17:42] | he’d still kill you for inconveniencing him. | 他还是会因为你让他大费周章而杀了你 |
[1:17:45] | He’s a peculiar man. | 他是个另类 |
[1:17:48] | Might even say he has principles, | 甚至可以说他很有原则 |
[1:17:50] | principles that transcend money or drugs | 远远凌驾于金钱或是毒品 |
[1:17:53] | or anything like that. Not like you. | 甚至任何东西的原则 不像你 |
[1:17:57] | Yeah. He’s not even like me. | 没错 他甚至不像我 |
[1:18:00] | No, he don’t talk as much as you. | 对 他可不像你废话那么多 |
[1:18:02] | I give him points for that. | 这点我要给他加分 |
[1:18:06] | Carla Jean, thank you for coming. | 卡拉·金 谢谢你能来 |
[1:18:08] | Don’t know why I did. | 我也不知道为什么要来 |
[1:18:10] | I told you, I don’t know where he is. | 告诉过你 我不知道他在哪里 |
[1:18:13] | – You haven’t heard from him? – No, I ain’t. | – 你没有他的消息? – 不 我没有 |
[1:18:16] | – Nothing? – Not word one. | – 什么都没有? – 一个字都没有 |
[1:18:18] | – Would you tell me if you had? | – 你有了他的消息能通知我吗? |
[1:18:21] | – Well, I don’t know. | – 我不知道 |
[1:18:22] | – He don’t need any trouble from you. | – 他不需要你给他带来麻烦 |
[1:18:25] | – It ain’t me he’s in trouble with. | – 他可不是惹上我了 |
[1:18:27] | – Who’s he in trouble with then? | – 那他惹谁了? |
[1:18:29] | – Some pretty bad people. | – 一些亡命之徒 |
[1:18:30] | These people will kill him, Carla Jean. | 这些人会杀了他 卡拉·金 |
[1:18:33] | They won’t quit. | 他们不会中途停手的 |
[1:18:34] | He won’t neither. He never has. | 他也不会 他从未停手 |
[1:18:38] | He can take all comers. | 兵来将挡 水来土掩 |
[1:18:43] | You know Charlie Walser? | 你知道查理·沃尔瑟 |
[1:18:44] | He’s got that place out east of Sanderson? | 他住在山德逊的东部 |
[1:18:48] | Well you know how they used to slaughter beeves, | 你知道他曾经怎么样杀牛 |
[1:18:51] | hit ’em right there with a maul, | 用大锤直接锤这里 |
[1:18:53] | truss ’em and slit their throats? | 把它们紧绑后 割破喉咙 |
[1:18:54] | Here Charlie’s got one all trussed up | 查理把一头牛五花大绑 |
[1:18:56] | and all set to drain him | 准备要放血了 |
[1:18:57] | and the beef comes to,it starts thrashing around. | 而那头牛开始疯狂的翻滚 |
[1:19:01] | Six hundred pounds of very pissed off livestock. | 600磅狂怒的家畜 |
[1:19:04] | You’ll excuse the… Well… | 请你原谅我说这个… |
[1:19:06] | Charlie grabs a gun,shoot the thing in the head, | 查理拿了一把抢 对着头开了一枪 |
[1:19:09] | but with the swinging and thrashing, | 不过牛在不停的挣扎滚动 |
[1:19:11] | it’s a glance shot. | 他没打准 |
[1:19:12] | Ricochets, hits Charlie in the shoulder. | 牛角 刺入了查理的肩膀 |
[1:19:15] | You go see Charlie, | 你去看查理 |
[1:19:16] | he still can’t pick up his right hand for his hat | 他现在右手还不能捡帽子呢 |
[1:19:18] | The point being, | 重点是 |
[1:19:20] | that even in the contest between man and steer, | 就算是人和阉牛对着干 |
[1:19:23] | the issue is not certain. | 结果还不确定呢 |
[1:19:32] | When Llewelyn calls, | 卢埃林打电话给你时 |
[1:19:34] | just tell him I can make him safe. | 告诉他我能保护他的安全 |
[1:19:41] | ‘Course, | 当然 |
[1:19:42] | they slaughter steers a lot different these days. | 现在杀阉牛的方法可不同以往了 |
[1:19:46] | Use a air gun. | 使用气枪 |
[1:19:46] | Shoots out a little rod about that | 射出一枚小子弹到 |
[1:19:48] | far under the brain. | 大脑下这么远 |
[1:19:50] | Sucks right back in. | 马上被吸入脑内 |
[1:19:51] | Animal never knows what hit him. | 动物永远不会知道什么击中他了 |
[1:19:56] | – Why are you telling me that, sheriff? | – 你告诉我这些干什么呢 长官? |
[1:19:59] | – I don’t know. | – 我不知道 |
[1:20:03] | My mind wanders. | 我的思绪发散开了 |
[1:21:28] | Hello, Carson. | 你好 卡尔逊 |
[1:21:33] | Let’s go to your room. | 去你的房间 |
[1:21:47] | You don’t have to do this. | 你没必要这么做 |
[1:21:49] | I’m a day trader.I could just go home. | 我是来这里和你谈生意的 我现在就可以走了 |
[1:21:55] | – You could. – Make it won’th your while, | – 你可以走的 – 最好别浪费我的时间 |
[1:21:58] | take you to an ATM.There’s 14 grand in it. | 带你去个ATM(自动取款机) 给你14000美金 |
[1:22:02] | And everybody just walks away. | 大家就分道扬镳 |
[1:22:06] | An ATM. | 一个ATM |
[1:22:12] | I know where the satchel is. | 我知道箱子在哪里 |
[1:22:15] | If you knew, you would have it with you. | 如果你知道 你会随身带着的 |
[1:22:18] | I can find it from the river bank. | 我能在河堤边找到 |
[1:22:20] | I know where it is. | 我知道它在哪里 |
[1:22:23] | – I know something better. – What’s that? | – 我知道更好的消息 – 什么消息? |
[1:22:26] | Where it’s going to be. | 箱子将来会在哪里? |
[1:22:29] | – Where’s that? – It will be brought to me | – 在哪里? – 会有人带来给我 |
[1:22:33] | and placed at my feet. | 放在我的脚下 |
[1:22:37] | You don’t know to a certainty. | 你也不能百分之百的确定 |
[1:22:40] | – In 20 minutes it could be here. | – 20分钟后 箱子可能会在这 |
[1:22:43] | – I do know to a certainty. | – 我是百分之百的确定 |
[1:22:44] | And you know what’s gonna happen now, Carson? | 而你知道现在会发生什么事吗 卡尔逊? |
[1:22:48] | You should admit your situation. | 你应该认清你的状况 |
[1:22:51] | There would be more dignity in it. | 那你还会有点尊严 |
[1:22:58] | You go to hell. | 你去死吧 |
[1:23:02] | All right.Let me ask you something. | 好吧 我来问你点事情 |
[1:23:07] | If the rule you followed brought you to this, | 如果你所遵循的规则把你带到这里来了 |
[1:23:11] | of what use was the rule? | 那么这个规则又有什么用呢 |
[1:23:20] | Do you have any idea how crazy you are? | 你知道你有多疯狂吗? |
[1:23:25] | You mean the nature of this conversation? | 你是说我们的对话? |
[1:23:27] | I mean the nature of you. | 我是说你 |
[1:23:34] | You… You can have the money, Anton. | 你…你会拿到钱的 安通 |
[1:24:20] | – Hello? – Yes? | – 你好? – 怎么? |
[1:24:24] | Is, uh, Carson Wells there? | 卡尔逊·威尔斯在吗? |
[1:24:29] | Not in the sense that you mean. | 不是你说的那种”在” |
[1:24:34] | – You need to come see me. – Who is this? | – 你需要来见见我 – 你是谁? |
[1:24:38] | You know who it is. | 你知道我是谁 |
[1:24:41] | – You need to talk to me. | – 你需要和我谈谈 |
[1:24:43] | – I don’t need to talk to you. | – 我不需要和你谈 |
[1:24:44] | I think you do. | 我想你需要的 |
[1:24:47] | Do you know where I’m going? | 你知道我要去哪吗? |
[1:24:48] | Why would I care where you’re going? | 我为什么要管你去哪里? |
[1:24:51] | I know where you are. | 我知道你在哪里 |
[1:24:54] | Yeah, where am I? | 是啊 我在哪里? |
[1:24:56] | You’re in the hospital across the river, | 你在河对面的医院里 |
[1:24:58] | but that’s not where I’m going. | 不过那里不是我要去的地方 |
[1:25:01] | Do you know where I’m going? | 你知道我要去哪吗? |
[1:25:05] | – Yeah, I know where you’re going. – All right. | – 是的 我知道你要去哪 – 好吧 |
[1:25:09] | You know she won’t be there. | 你知道她不会再那里的 |
[1:25:11] | It doesn’t make any difference where she is. | 她在不在没有关系 |
[1:25:13] | So, what’re you going up there for? | 那么 你为什么要去那里? |
[1:25:19] | You know how this is gonna turn out,don’t you? | 你知道最后会有什么样的后果 对吧? |
[1:25:24] | Nope. | 不知道 |
[1:25:25] | I think you do.So this is what I’ll offer. | 我觉得你知道 那这是我的提议 |
[1:25:31] | You bring me the money,and I’ll let her go. | 你把钱带来 我放你走 |
[1:25:33] | Otherwise, she’s accountable,the same as you. | 否则 她会死 你也一样 |
[1:25:40] | That’s the best deal you’re gonna get. | 这可是你最划算的买卖 |
[1:25:42] | I won’t tell you you can save yourself, | 我不会告诉你你可以挽救你自 |
[1:25:45] | because you can’t. | 己 因为你救不了 |
[1:25:50] | Yeah, I’m gonna bring you something,all right. | 好的 我会给你带点东西 这么说吧 |
[1:25:53] | Decided to make you a project of mine. | 我来给你一个我的提议 |
[1:25:55] | You ain’t gonna have to come look for me at all. | 你根本没必要再来找我了 |
[1:26:02] | – The motel in Del Rio? – Yes, sir. | – 德瑞奥的汽车旅馆? – 是的 长官 |
[1:26:05] | None of the three had ID on ’em, | 三个人身上都没有身份证 |
[1:26:07] | but they’re tellir me that all three is Mexican.. | 不过他们告诉我那三个人都是墨西哥人 |
[1:26:10] | was Mexicans. | 曾经是 |
[1:26:11] | There’s a question | 去查查看 |
[1:26:12] | ,whether they stopped being and when. | 他们是不是真的转国籍了 什么时候 |
[1:26:18] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[1:26:20] | Wendell, | 温德尔 |
[1:26:20] | did you inquire about the lock cylinder? | 你询问过关于锁芯的事情吗? |
[1:26:22] | – Yes, sir. It was punched out. – OK. | – 是的 长官 它是被巨力敲出的 – 好的 |
[1:26:26] | – Wanna drive out there? | – 想开车去现场看看吗? |
[1:26:27] | – No, that’s all I had to look for, | – 不用 我知道那些就够了 |
[1:26:29] | it sound like these boys died of natural causes. | 听起来这几个家伙死于自然原因 |
[1:26:31] | – How’s that, sheriff? | – 为什么 长官? |
[1:26:33] | – Natural to the line of work they in. | – 对于他们所在行当来说再自然不过了 |
[1:26:35] | – Yes, sir. – My God, Wendell, it’s all-out war. | – 是的 长官 – 天啊 温德尔 这世界都乱了 |
[1:26:38] | I can’t think of any other word for it. | 我对这些事都无言以对了 |
[1:26:40] | Who are these people? | 这都是些什么人? |
[1:26:42] | Here, last week | 这里 上 |
[1:26:43] | they found this couple out in California. | 周他们在加州发现这对夫妇 |
[1:26:46] | They rent out rooms to old people | 他们把房间租给老人 |
[1:26:48] | ,kill ’em, bury ’em in the yard, | 杀了他们埋在院子里 |
[1:26:50] | cash their Social Security checks. | 取出他们社会保险帐号的钱 |
[1:26:53] | Oh, they’d torture ’em first.I don’t know why. | 他们先折磨他们 我不知道为什么 |
[1:26:57] | Maybe their television set was broke. | 可能他们的电视机坏了 |
[1:27:00] | And this went on until, here, I quote, | 而这个一直持续到 在这里 我引用 |
[1:27:03] | “Neighbors were alerted | 邻居们看到 |
[1:27:04] | when a man ran from the premises | 一个人从他们家跑出来 |
[1:27:07] | wearing only a dog collar. “ | 只戴了个狗项圈才发现的 |
[1:27:11] | You can’t make up such a thing as that. | 你肯定编不出像那样的事 |
[1:27:12] | I dare you to try. | 情 你尽管试试看 |
[1:27:14] | But that’s what it took, | 不过你注意到没 |
[1:27:15] | you notice,to get somebody’s attention. | 想要引起别人的注意就要做这种事 |
[1:27:18] | Digging graves in the backyard didn’t bring any. | 在后院里挖坟墓可引不起注意 |
[1:27:27] | Well, that’s all right.I laugh myself sometimes. | 没关系 我有时自己也会笑 |
[1:27:33] | Ain’t a whole lot else you can do. | 对此你也无能为力 |
[1:27:37] | Tell me something. | 告诉我 |
[1:27:40] | Who gets through this gate into the US? | 谁能通过这个门去美国呢? |
[1:27:44] | I don’t know. American citizens? | 我不知道 美国公民? |
[1:27:47] | Some American citizens.Who do you think decides? | 某些美国公民 你觉得是由谁来决定的? |
[1:27:50] | – You do, I reckon. – That is correct. | – 我想是你 – 没错 |
[1:27:52] | – How do I decide? – I don’t know. | – 我怎么样决定? – 我不知道 |
[1:27:54] | I ask questions. | 我问问题 |
[1:27:55] | If I get sensible answers, | 如果回答很有道理 |
[1:27:57] | then they get to go to America. | 他们就能去美国了 |
[1:27:58] | If I don’t, they don’t. | 如果没道理 他们就去不了 |
[1:28:00] | – Anything you don’t understand? – No. | – 有什么不明白的吗? – 没有 |
[1:28:02] | I ask again, | 我再问一次 |
[1:28:03] | how you come to be here with no clothes? | 你怎么会不穿衣服到这里来? |
[1:28:06] | Well, I got an overcoat on. | 我穿了件外套 |
[1:28:09] | – Are you jacking with me? – No, sir. | – 你是在和我抬杠吗? – 没有 长官 |
[1:28:11] | – Don’t jack with me. – Yes, sir. | – 别和我抬杠 – 是 长官 |
[1:28:13] | – You in the service? – No, I’m a veteran. | – 你是现役军人吗? – 不 我是老兵 |
[1:28:16] | – ‘Nam? – Yes, sir, two tours. | – 越南? – 是的 长官 去了两次 |
[1:28:18] | – What outfit? – Twelfth Infantry Battalion, | – 什么部队? – 12步兵营 |
[1:28:21] | August 7th, 1966, July 2nd, 1968. | 1966年8月7日 1968年7月2日 |
[1:28:27] | – Wilson! – Yes, sir! | – 威尔逊! – 是的 长官! |
[1:28:30] | Get someone to help this man. | 找个人来帮帮他 |
[1:28:32] | He needs to get into town. | 他要去镇上 |
[1:28:43] | – How those Larry’s holdir up? – Good, good. | – 这双”拉瑞”鞋穿的还舒服吗? – 很好 很好 |
[1:28:46] | – I need everything else. – OK. | – 我要除了鞋子的一整套行头 – 好吧 |
[1:28:49] | Have a lot of people come in here | 有很多没穿衣服的人 |
[1:28:51] | without any clothes on? | 来这里吗? |
[1:28:53] | No, sir. It’s unusual. | 没有 先生 这不大常见 |
[1:29:08] | – She don’t want to talk to you. | – 她不想和你说话 |
[1:29:10] | – Yes, she does. Put her on. | – 她想的 把电话给她 |
[1:29:12] | – Do you know what time it is? – I don’t care, | – 你知道现在几点了吗? – 我不管 |
[1:29:14] | and don’t you hang up this phone. | 你敢挂电话试试看 |
[1:29:17] | Discombobulated by a no-account son-in-law. | 被这个一无是处的女婿给气死了 |
[1:29:21] | – Llewelyn? – Hey, you. | – 卢埃林? – 嗨 你 |
[1:29:23] | – What should I do? – You know what’s going on? | – 我该怎么做? – 你知道出什么事了? |
[1:29:26] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:29:27] | I had the sheriff here from Terrell County. He… | 我和一个从特瑞尔区来的长官碰了面 他 |
[1:29:30] | – What’d you tell him? | – 你告诉他什么了? |
[1:29:32] | – What did I know to tell him? | – 我能告诉他什么? |
[1:29:34] | You’re hurt, ain’t you? | 你受伤了 对吧? |
[1:29:37] | What makes you say that? | 你怎么会那么说? |
[1:29:39] | – I can hear it in your voice. | – 我能听出来 |
[1:29:41] | – It’s falseness in his voice! | – 他声音听起来好的很! |
[1:29:43] | Look, I want you to meet me | 听好 我要你到 |
[1:29:44] | at the Desert Sands Motel in El Paso. | 艾帕索的沙漠汽车旅店和碰头 |
[1:29:47] | I’m gonna give you the money,put you on a plane. | 我会把钱给你 送你上飞机 |
[1:29:49] | Llewelyn, I ain’t gonna leave you in the lurch. | 卢埃林 我不会把你丢在一旁不管的 |
[1:29:52] | This works better. With you gone and I don’t have the money, | 这会更好点 你走了后 而钱不在我身上 |
[1:29:55] | he can’t touch me,but I can sure touch him. | 他找不到我了 而我却能去找他 |
[1:29:58] | And after I find him,I’ll come and join you. | 在我找到他之后 我就会来和你相聚 |
[1:30:01] | Find who?What am I supposed to do with mother? | 找到谁? 我的妈妈怎么办? |
[1:30:04] | – She’ll be all right. – All right? | – 她会没事的 – 没事? |
[1:30:06] | Be all right? I got the cancer! | 怎么没事? 我得了癌症! |
[1:30:09] | Ain’t nobody gonna bother her. | 没人能再能烦她了 |
[1:30:45] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[1:30:51] | – Me? – Yes. | – 我? – 是的 |
[1:30:53] | Nobody. | 无名小卒 |
[1:30:55] | Accounting. | 财务 |
[1:30:58] | He gave the Mexicans a receiver. | 他给了墨西哥人一个接收器 |
[1:31:03] | He feels… | 他觉得 |
[1:31:05] | He felt that the more people looking… | 他觉得越多人寻找… |
[1:31:09] | That’s foolish.You pick the one right tool. | 太愚蠢了 只要找一个合适的人就够了(杀手本人) |
[1:31:14] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[1:31:18] | Are you going to shoot me? | 你要杀了我吗? |
[1:31:26] | That depends. | 看情况 |
[1:31:30] | Do you see me? | 你看到了我吗? |
[1:31:35] | I always seen this is what it’d come to. | 我一直就就知道迟早有这么一天 |
[1:31:38] | – Three years ago, I pre-visioned it. | – 三年前 我就预料到了 |
[1:31:40] | – It ain’t three years we been married. | – 我们结婚还没三年呢 |
[1:31:42] | Three years ago I said them very words, | 三年前我就说过这些话 |
[1:31:44] | “no” and “good. “ | “不”和”好” |
[1:31:46] | Here we are, 90 degree heat, | 我们在这里 90度高温(32摄氏度) |
[1:31:50] | I got the cancer and look at this, | 我患了癌症 再看看这个 |
[1:31:54] | not even a home to go to. | 无家可归 |
[1:31:56] | We’re going to El Paso, Texas. | 我们要去德克萨斯州的艾帕索 |
[1:31:59] | You know how may people I know in El Paso, Texas? | 你知道我在德克萨斯认识多少人吗? |
[1:32:02] | – No, ma’am. – That’s how many. | – 不知道 女士 – 就是这么多 |
[1:32:14] | – I didn’t see my prednisone. | – 我没看到我的泼尼松(用于抗炎抗过敏) |
[1:32:16] | – I put it in, Mama. | – 我放进去了 妈妈 |
[1:32:18] | – Well, I didn’t see it. | – 可我没看到 |
[1:32:19] | – Well, I put it in that one. | – 我放在那个包里 |
[1:32:21] | You just set there. | 你就待在那里 |
[1:32:23] | I’ll get tickets and a can’t for the bags. | 我去买票 再那个推车放行李 |
[1:32:25] | You need help with the bags, madam? | 你要帮忙拿行李吗 女士? |
[1:32:27] | Well, thank God, | 谢天谢地 |
[1:32:28] | there is one gentleman left in west Texas. | 在德州西部还有个绅士活着 |
[1:32:31] | Yes, thank you. I am old and I am not well! | 是的 谢谢你 我很老而且我身体也不好 |
[1:32:34] | – Which bus are you taking? | – 你要去坐哪班车呢? |
[1:32:36] | – Going to El Paso, don’t ask me why. | – 去艾帕索 别问我为什么 |
[1:32:39] | It’s not often you see a Mexican in a suit. | 可不是能经常看到穿着西服的墨西哥人 |
[1:32:42] | You go to El Paso? | 你要去艾帕索? |
[1:32:43] | I know it.Where are you staying? | 我知道 你住在哪里? |
[1:32:46] | Carla Jean, how are you? | 卡拉·金 你还好吗? |
[1:32:48] | Sheriff, | 长官 |
[1:32:49] | was that a true story about Charlie Walser? | 查理·沃尔瑟的故事是真的吗? |
[1:32:52] | Who’s Charlie Walser? Uh! Oh… | 查理·沃尔瑟是谁? |
[1:32:57] | True story.I couldn’t swear to every detail, | 确有其事 我不能保证每个细节也是真实的 |
[1:32:59] | – but it’s certainly true it is a story. | – 不过这个故事确是发生过的 |
[1:33:02] | – Yeah, right. | – 是 没错 |
[1:33:03] | Sheriff, can you give me your word on something? | 长官 你能向我保证吗? |
[1:33:07] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[1:33:09] | If I tell you where Llewelyrs headed, | 如果我告诉你卢埃林要去哪里 |
[1:33:12] | you promise it’ll be just you | 你保证只有你 |
[1:33:13] | who goes and talks with him?You and nobody else. | 去那里和他谈谈? 孤身前往 |
[1:33:17] | – Yes, ma’am, I do. | – 是的 女士 我保证 |
[1:33:19] | – Llewelyn would never ask for help. | – 卢埃林绝对不会寻求帮助的 |
[1:33:21] | He never thinks he needs any. | 他从来觉得他不需要帮助 |
[1:33:24] | Carla Jean, I will not harm your man. | 卡拉·金 我不会伤害你的男人 |
[1:33:28] | And he needs help,whether he knows it or not. | 而他也需要帮助 无论他知道与否 |
[1:33:40] | What’s the problem there, neighbor? | 碰到什么麻烦了吗 邻居? |
[1:33:42] | Yep, that’ll suck some power, over time. | 就是这个了 时间长了会把动力吸光的 |
[1:33:48] | – You from around here? | – 你是住在这附近的吗? |
[1:33:50] | – Yeah, Alpine, born and bred. | – 是的 阿尔派 土生土长 |
[1:33:52] | – Here you go. – What airport would you use? | – 给你 – 你会用哪个机场呢? |
[1:33:56] | – Well, airport or airstrip? – Airport. | – 机场还是简易机场? – 机场 |
[1:34:01] | – Well, where you goir? – I don’t know. | – 你要去哪里? – 我不知道 |
[1:34:04] | Just lightir out for the territories,huh? | 想熟悉这附近的地方 |
[1:34:07] | Brother, I been there. | 老兄 我以前也干过 |
[1:34:09] | Well, there’s airstrips. | 这附近有几个简易机场 |
[1:34:13] | The airport is El Paso. | 机场是在艾帕索 |
[1:34:15] | If you want someplace specific, | 如果你要去特别的地方 |
[1:34:17] | you might could be better off | 你也许最好 |
[1:34:18] | just driving to Dallas, not have to connect. | 开车去达拉斯 没必要转机 |
[1:34:21] | You gonna clamp them, buddy? | 你要把这个装上去吗 伙计? |
[1:34:23] | Can you get those chicken crates out of the bed? | 你能把那些鸡篓从车板上拿走吗? |
[1:34:26] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[1:34:45] | Hey, Mr. Sporting Goods. | 嘿 好运动先生 |
[1:34:49] | – Hey, yourself. – You a sport? | – 嘿 你好 – 你是运动员? |
[1:34:53] | Yeah, that’s me. | 是的 我是 |
[1:34:56] | I got beers in my room. | 我房间里有啤酒 |
[1:34:59] | I’m… I’m waiting on my wife. | 我…我在等我老婆 |
[1:35:03] | That’s who you keep looking out the window for? | 你不时从窗户往外看就是为了这个? |
[1:35:05] | – Well, half. – What else then? | – 一半一半 – 还有什么原因? |
[1:35:08] | – Just looking for what’s come. – Yeah. | – 看着即将发生的事情 – 是啊 |
[1:35:13] | But no one ever sees that. | 可没人能未卜先知 |
[1:35:16] | Beer! That’s what’s coming. | 啤酒! 马上就来了 |
[1:35:19] | I’ll bring the ice chest out.You can stay married | 我去拿冰桶 你继续保持结婚 |
[1:35:22] | No, ma’am, I know what beer leads to. | 不 女士 我知道啤酒会引向什么 |
[1:35:26] | Beer leads to more beer. | 更多的啤酒 |
[1:36:15] | You all right? | 你还好吧? |
[1:36:22] | Call the police. | 报警 |
[1:36:30] | Your local law enforcement. | 你们本地的执法机构 |
[1:36:34] | I’m not on their radio. | 我不是他们的电台名人 |
[1:36:36] | I met his daughter at the… | 碰到他的女儿是在… |
[1:37:26] | Buy you a cup of coffee ‘fore you drive home? | 载你回家前 请你喝杯咖啡? |
[1:37:29] | – No money in his room there? | – 他房间里没钱吗? |
[1:37:31] | – Couple hundred, on his person. | – 几百块 在他身上 |
[1:37:33] | Those hombres would have taken the stash. | 这些人应该已经把箱子拿走了 |
[1:37:35] | I suppose so. | 我也这么想的 |
[1:37:38] | Though they was leavir in a hurry. | 不过他们走得很匆忙 |
[1:37:40] | It’s all the goddamn money, Ed Tom. | 都是这见鬼的钱惹的祸 爱德·汤姆 |
[1:37:44] | Money and the drugs. | 钱和毒品 |
[1:37:46] | It’s just goddamn beyond everything. | 他们凌驾于一切事物之上 |
[1:37:50] | What’s it mean? What’s it leading to? | 这意味着什么? 这会把社会引入何种深渊? |
[1:37:53] | You know, if you’d have told me 20 years ago | 你知道 如果你20年前告诉我 |
[1:37:56] | I’d see children walking the street of Texas town | 我会在德州镇里的街上看到 |
[1:37:59] | with green hair, bones in their noses, | 绿头发的小孩 打着鼻环 |
[1:38:03] | I just flat-out wouldn’t have believed you. | 我是绝对不会相信你的 |
[1:38:05] | Signs and wonders. | 叹气之余我也纳闷 |
[1:38:07] | But I think once you quit hearing “sir and ma’am” | 不过我想一旦你不再听到”先生””女士”时 |
[1:38:10] | the rest is soon to foller. | 其它的很快也就跟着来了 |
[1:38:11] | – Oh, it’s the tide. – Yeah. | – 这就是潮流 – 是的 |
[1:38:13] | It’s the dismal tide.It is not the one thing. | 这是逆流 这两者可不一样 |
[1:38:17] | Not the one thing. | 不一样 |
[1:38:19] | Yeah well,none of that explains your man, though. | 是啊 可那些也没法解释你的罪犯 |
[1:38:22] | Well, he’s just a goddamn homicidal lunatic, | 他是见鬼的杀人狂 |
[1:38:24] | Ed Tom. | 爱德·汤姆 |
[1:38:25] | – I’m not sure he’s a lunatic. | – 我不敢说他一定是个疯子 |
[1:38:27] | – Well, what would you call him? | – 那你觉得该怎么叫他呢? |
[1:38:28] | Well, sometimes I think he’s pretty much a ghost. | 有时 我觉得他像个鬼魂 |
[1:38:32] | – He’s real, all right. – Oh, yeah? | – 他是真的 对吧 – 哦 真的吗? |
[1:38:34] | Yeah. All of that over at the Eagle Hotel? | 真的 在老鹰旅馆发生的事情? |
[1:38:36] | Just beyond everything. | 这再清楚不过了 |
[1:38:38] | Yeah. Got some hard bark on him. | 是啊 那天狗叫得可厉害了 |
[1:38:40] | Why… Well, that don’t hardly say it. | 为什么 可那个却也证明不了他是鬼 |
[1:38:44] | He shoots a desk clerk one day, | 一天他射杀了一个文员(cd1中的胖女人) |
[1:38:46] | walks right back in the next | 第二天又走回去 |
[1:38:48] | and shoots a retired Army colonel. | 杀了一个退休的陆军上校 |
[1:38:51] | It’s hard to believe. | 难以置信 |
[1:38:52] | Just strolls right back into a crime scene. | 优哉游哉的走回犯罪现场 |
[1:38:56] | Now, who’d do such a thing? | 谁会做这种事情呢? |
[1:38:59] | How do you defend against it? | 你如何反驳呢? |
[1:39:01] | Well, good trip, Ed Tom. | 一路顺风 爱德·汤姆 |
[1:39:04] | Sorry we couldn’t help your boy. | 对不起没能救到你的人(卢埃林) |
[1:42:39] | – In back! – How’d you know I was here? | – 在后面 – 你怎么知道我在这里? |
[1:42:42] | Who else’d be driving up in your truck? | 还会有谁开着你的卡车? |
[1:42:45] | – You heard it? – How’s that? | – 你听到了? – 这招不错吧? |
[1:42:47] | Did you hear my…?You’re having fun with me. | 你听到我的…?你在逗我玩呢 |
[1:42:51] | What give you that idea | 你为什么这么想? |
[1:42:53] | ?I seen one of the cats heard it. | 我看到其中一只猫听到了 |
[1:42:56] | – How’d you know it was my truck? | – 你怎么知道是我的车? |
[1:42:58] | – I deduced it when you walked in. | – 你进门的时候我推理出来的 |
[1:43:01] | How many of them things you got now? | 你先在还有多少那些东西? |
[1:43:03] | Cats? Oh, I don’t know, several. | 猫? 我不知道 很有几只 |
[1:43:05] | Well, it depends on what you mean by “got. “ | 这也看你说的”有”是什么意思? |
[1:43:09] | Some of ’em are half wild, | 有些是半家养的 |
[1:43:10] | some of ’em are just outlaws. | 有的则完全是野生的 |
[1:43:16] | – How you been, Ellis? – You’re looking at it. | – 最近怎么样 埃里斯? – 你正看着我呢 |
[1:43:21] | I got to say, you’re looking older. | 我得说 你看上去老了 |
[1:43:25] | I am older. | 我是老了 |
[1:43:27] | Got a letter from your wife. | 收到一封你妻子的信 |
[1:43:30] | She writes me pretty regular, | 她经常会给我写信 |
[1:43:32] | keeps me up on the family news. | 让我知道家里的消息 |
[1:43:34] | – Didrt know there was any. | – 我都不知道有什么消息 |
[1:43:36] | – Told me you’re quittir. | – 告诉我你辞职了 |
[1:43:41] | – You want a cup? – Appreciate it. | – 来上一杯? – 谢谢 |
[1:43:51] | How fresh is that coffee? | 这咖啡有多新鲜? |
[1:43:53] | I generally make a fresh pot every week | 我每周都会煮上一壶新鲜咖啡 |
[1:43:57] | ,even if there’s some left over. | 就算还有剩的 |
[1:44:01] | That man that shot you died in prison? | 枪击你的人死于监狱了? |
[1:44:06] | Angola. Yeah. | 安哥拉 是的 |
[1:44:08] | What’d you done he’d a been released? | 你要做什么才能让他被释放呢? |
[1:44:11] | Oh, I don’t know. Nothing. | 不知道 无能为力 |
[1:44:14] | Wouldrt be no point in it. | 去救他也没什么意义 |
[1:44:16] | Kindly surprised to hear you say that. | 听你这么说我有点吃惊 |
[1:44:19] | Well, all the time you spend trying to get back | 你花了如此多的时间想要把 |
[1:44:23] | what’s been took from you, | 被剥夺的东西取回来 |
[1:44:24] | more is going out the door. | 却发现失去了更多 |
[1:44:26] | After a while, | 而之后 |
[1:44:27] | you have to try to get a tourniquet on it. | 你不得不要弄个压脉器(用于止血) |
[1:44:30] | Your granddad | 你的爷爷 |
[1:44:32] | never asked me to sign on as a deputy. | 从未要求我去做警长 |
[1:44:37] | Loretta tells me you’re quittir. | 罗瑞塔告诉我你要辞职 |
[1:44:40] | How come you doing that? | 你为什么要那么做? |
[1:44:41] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:44:47] | I feel overmatched. | 我感觉被玩弄于股掌 |
[1:44:53] | I always figured when I got older, | 我总想等我变老了 |
[1:44:55] | God would… | 上帝会… |
[1:44:57] | sort of come into my life somehow. | 以某种方式进入我的生活 |
[1:45:03] | And He didn’t. | 而他没有 |
[1:45:08] | And I don’t blame Him. | 而我不责怪他 |
[1:45:12] | If I was Him, | 如果我是他 |
[1:45:13] | I’d have the same opinion of me that He does. | 对我自己我也会有和他一样的看法 |
[1:45:16] | You don’t know what He thinks. | 你不知道他在想什么 |
[1:45:32] | I sent Uncle Mac’s thumbbuster and badge | 我把麦克叔叔的枪和警章 |
[1:45:35] | over to the Rangers, | 送到巡警 |
[1:45:36] | put it in their museum. | 放到他们的博物馆里 |
[1:45:38] | Your daddy ever tell yo | 你爸爸告诉过你麦克叔叔 |
[1:45:41] | u how Uncle Mac come to his reward? | 如何立功的吗? |
[1:45:43] | Gunned down on his own porch over in | 在哈兹佩斯区自家的门廊上 |
[1:45:46] | Hudspeth County. | 被枪杀 |
[1:45:49] | Seven or eight of ’em come up there, | 有7-8个人在那里 |
[1:45:52] | all wanting this, wanting that. | 要这要那的 |
[1:45:54] | Uncle Mac went back in the house to | 麦克叔叔走回屋里 |
[1:45:56] | get the shotgun. | 拿枪 |
[1:45:57] | Well, they was ahead of him. | 可他们比他快一步 |
[1:46:01] | Shot him in his doorway. | 在门口把他射杀了 |
[1:46:03] | Aunt Ella come out,tried to stop the bleeding. | 艾拉阿姨出来 想要止血 |
[1:46:06] | Uncle Mac all the while trying to | 麦克叔叔还是想要 |
[1:46:08] | get that shotgun. | 去拿枪 |
[1:46:10] | They just sat there on their horses, | 他们就坐在马上 |
[1:46:13] | watching him die. | 看着他死去 |
[1:46:16] | After a while, | 过了一会 |
[1:46:16] | one of em said sth in Indian and they turned. | 其中一个用印度语说了点什么 他们转身 |
[1:46:21] | Left out. | 离去 |
[1:46:25] | Uncle Mac knew the score,even if Aunt Ella didn’t | 就算艾拉阿姨不知道 麦克叔叔却一清二楚 |
[1:46:28] | Shot through the left lung. | 射穿左肺 |
[1:46:31] | And that was that… as they say. | 事情就是这样…他们如是说 |
[1:46:39] | Wherd he die? | 他死于何时? |
[1:46:42] | Nineteen zero and, uh… nine? | 190..呃…9年? |
[1:46:45] | No, I mean,was it right away or in the night or.. | 不 我是说 是当场死亡还是捱到晚上 或… |
[1:46:49] | – When was it? – I believe it was that night. | – 什么时候? – 我相信是在当天晚上 |
[1:46:53] | She buried him the next morning. | 她次日早上葬了他 |
[1:46:55] | Digging in that hard old caliche. | 在那坚硬的钙土里挖的坟 |
[1:47:01] | What you got ain’t nothir new. | 你所经受的也不是新鲜事 |
[1:47:05] | This country is hard on people. | 这个国家对人民很无情 |
[1:47:11] | You can’t stop what’s coming. | 风雨欲来 你无法阻拦 |
[1:47:15] | It ain’t all waiting on you. | 亦不会候之于你 |
[1:47:20] | That’s vanity. | 你那么想便是虚荣 |
[1:48:23] | I knew this wasrt done with. | 我就知道这事还没完 |
[1:48:28] | I ain’t got the money. | 我没拿到钱 |
[1:48:32] | What little I had is long gone | 我拿到的一点点早就花光了 |
[1:48:34] | and there’s bills aplenty to pay yet. | 还有一大堆的账单等着去付 |
[1:48:38] | I buried my mother today. | 我今天葬了我的母亲 |
[1:48:41] | Ain’t paid for that neither. | 钱也还没付 |
[1:48:44] | I wouldn’t worry about it. | 这个我不担心 |
[1:48:48] | I need to sit down. | 我需要坐下来 |
[1:49:05] | You got no cause to hurt me. | 你没理由伤害我 |
[1:49:07] | No. But I gave my word. | 是没有 可是我放过话了 |
[1:49:12] | – You gave your word? – To your husband. | – 你放过话了? – 给你的丈夫 |
[1:49:19] | That don’t make sense. | 这个讲不通 |
[1:49:22] | You gave your word to my husband to kill me? | 你放话给我丈夫说要杀我? |
[1:49:25] | Your husband had the opportunity to save you. | 你丈夫有机会救你 |
[1:49:29] | Instead, he used you to try to save himself. | 可相反 他利用你来救他自己 |
[1:49:37] | Not like that. | 不是那样的 |
[1:49:40] | Not like you say. | 不是你说的那样 |
[1:49:48] | You don’t have to do this. | 你没必要这样做 |
[1:49:50] | People always say the same thing. | 人们总是说着一样的话 |
[1:49:54] | What do they say? | 他们怎么说? |
[1:49:56] | They say, “You don’t have to do this. “ | 他们说 你没必要这样做 |
[1:50:00] | – You don’t. – OK. | – 你没必要 -好吧 |
[1:50:10] | This is the best I can do. | 我最多只能做到这点了 |
[1:50:13] | Call it. | 猜一面 |
[1:50:19] | I knowed you was crazy | 你坐在那里的时候 |
[1:50:21] | when I saw you sitting there. | 我就知道你疯了 |
[1:50:25] | I knowed exactly what was in store for me. | 我非常清楚你脑子里都装了些什么东西 |
[1:50:27] | – Call it. – No. | – 猜一面 – 不 |
[1:50:32] | I ain’t gonna call it. | 我不会猜的 |
[1:50:38] | Call it. | 猜一面 |
[1:50:39] | The coin don’t have no say. | 硬币不会说话 |
[1:50:42] | It’s just you. | 这只是你 |
[1:50:47] | Well, I got here the same way the coin did. | 我和硬币是以一样的方式到这来的 |
[1:52:32] | Mister, you got a bone sticking out of your arm. | 先生 你胳膊上有根骨头刺出来了 |
[1:52:36] | I’m all right.Let me just sit here a minute. | 我没事 让我在这里坐一会 |
[1:52:38] | There’s an ambulance coming.The man went to call. | 马上救护车就来了 那人去打电话了 |
[1:52:41] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:52:43] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[1:52:44] | You got a bone sticking out your arm. | ?你胳膊上有根骨头刺出来了 |
[1:52:49] | What’ll you take for the shirt? | 要怎么样才能把那衬衫给我呢? |
[1:52:55] | Well, hell, mister,I’ll give you my shirt. | 见鬼 先生 我送给你 |
[1:53:05] | Look at that fucking bone. | 看看那见鬼的骨头 |
[1:53:09] | Tie this for me. | 帮我绑绑紧 |
[1:53:11] | Just tie it, just tie it. | 用力绑 用力绑 |
[1:53:31] | Hell, mister. | 见鬼 先 |
[1:53:32] | Look, I don’t mind helping someone out. | 生 我并不介意帮别人的忙 |
[1:53:35] | – That’s a lot of money. – Take it. | – 这是一大笔钱 – 拿着 |
[1:53:37] | Take it and… you didn’t see me. | 拿着 而…你没有看到我 |
[1:53:41] | I was already gone. | 我已经走了 |
[1:53:43] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[1:53:49] | – Part of that’s mine, right? | – 有一部分是我的 对吗? |
[1:53:51] | – You still got your damn shirt. | – 你还穿这你见鬼的衣服呢 |
[1:53:52] | – Ain’t even what it was for. | – 可你还是大赚一笔了 |
[1:53:54] | – Maybe. But I’m still out a shirt. | – 就算是吧 我还是给了他件衬衫 |
[1:54:17] | – Maybe I’ll go ridir. – OK. | – 可能我要去骑马 – 好吧 |
[1:54:20] | – What do you think? | – 你怎么想? |
[1:54:21] | – Well, I can’t plan your day. | – 我不能安排你的生活 |
[1:54:25] | – I mean, would you care to join me? | – 我是活说 你想和我一起去骑吗? |
[1:54:27] | – Lord, no, I’m not retired. | – 上帝 不 我还没退休 |
[1:54:30] | – Maybe I’ll help out here then. | – 也许我能在这里帮帮忙 |
[1:54:33] | – Uh… better not. | – 最好不要了 |
[1:54:39] | – How’d you sleep? – I don’t know. Had dreams. | – 你睡得怎么样? – 不知道 做了梦 |
[1:54:42] | Well, you got time for ’em now. | 你现在有时间做梦了 |
[1:54:45] | Anything interesting? | 有意思吗? |
[1:54:47] | They always is to the party concerned. | 这些梦总是和党派有关系的 |
[1:54:52] | Ed Tom, I’ll be polite. | 爱德·汤姆 我不会乱作评论的 |
[1:54:57] | All right, then. Two of ’em, | 那好吧 两个梦 |
[1:54:59] | both had my father in ’em. It’s peculiar. | 里面都有我父亲 真是奇怪 |
[1:55:02] | I’m older now than he ever was by 20 years. | 我比现在要老 比他去世时还要老20岁 |
[1:55:05] | So, in a sense, he’s the younger man. | 因此 某种意义上来说 他是年轻人 |
[1:55:09] | Anyway, the first one I don’t remember too well, | 言归正传 第一个我记不大清楚了 |
[1:55:12] | but it was about meeting him in town, | 不过是关于在镇上和他碰面 |
[1:55:15] | somewheres,and he give me some money. | 在某处 而他给了我点钱 |
[1:55:18] | I think I lost it. | 我想我把它丢了 |
[1:55:21] | Second one, | 第二个梦 |
[1:55:23] | it was like we was both back in older times. | 好像我们都回到了旧时光 |
[1:55:26] | And I was a-horseback, | 而我骑在马背上 |
[1:55:28] | going through the mountains of a night. | 在晚上穿山越岭 |
[1:55:30] | Going through this pass in the mountains. | 在山间的道路上穿行 |
[1:55:34] | It was cold,and there was snow on the ground. | 天很冷 地上有雪 |
[1:55:37] | And he rode past me and kept on going, | 他超过了并且接着前行 |
[1:55:40] | never said nothing going by,just rode on past. | 超过我时没有只言片语 只是接着骑 |
[1:55:44] | He had his blanket wrapped around him | 他裹着床毯子 |
[1:55:46] | and his head down. | 低垂着头 |
[1:55:50] | When he rode past | 当他骑马超过我时 |
[1:55:51] | ,I seen he was carrying fire in a horn, | 我看到他拿着个装着火种的角 |
[1:55:54] | the way people used to do, and I… | 就像过去的人们一样 而我 |
[1:55:56] | I could see the horn from the light inside of it, | 而我能通过里面透出的光线看到角 |
[1:55:59] | bout the color of the moon. | 犹如月亮一般的颜色 |
[1:56:02] | And, in the dream, I knew that he was… | 在梦里 我知道他 |
[1:56:05] | …going on ahead. | 会继续前进 |
[1:56:07] | He was fixir to make a fire | 他注定是要在 |
[1:56:09] | somewhere out there in all that dark and cold. | 黑暗与寒冷中燃起火焰 |
[1:56:16] | And I knew that whenever I got there, | 而我知道无论我何时到达那里 |
[1:56:17] | he’d be there. | 他都会在那里 |
[1:56:23] | And then I woke up. | 然后 我醒了 |