英文名称:Roman Holiday
年代:1953
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:42] | Paramount News brings you a special coverage | 派拉蒙新闻为大家特别报导 |
[01:44] | of Princess Ann’s visit to London, | 安公主访问伦敦的情况 |
[01:46] | the first stop on her much-publicized goodwill tour of European capitals. | 这是其欧洲首都亲善访问的首站 |
[01:51] | She gets a royal welcome from the British, | 她受到皇室的款待 |
[01:53] | as thousands cheer the gracious young member of one of Europe’s oldest ruling families. | 民众欢迎这欧洲古国的年轻成员 |
[01:59] | After three days of continuous activity and a visit to Buckingham Palace, | 完成三天活动和参观白金汉宫后 |
[02:03] | Ann flew to Amsterdam, | 安公主飞赴阿姆斯特丹 |
[02:05] | where Her Royal Highness dedicated the new International Aid Building | 主持国际援助大楼的开幕典礼 |
[02:08] | and christened an ocean liner, | 及一艘邮轮的启航仪式 |
[02:11] | then went to Paris, | 然后前往巴黎 |
[02:12] | where she attended many official functions | 出席多项官方活动 |
[02:14] | designed to cement trade relations | 以加强她的祖国和西欧多国的 |
[02:16] | between her country and the Western European nations. | 贸易伙伴关系 |
[02:20] | And so, to Rome, the Eternal City, | 接着 来到永恒之都罗马 |
[02:23] | where the princess’ visit was marked by a spectacular military parade | 有场面壮观的巡游供公主观赏 |
[02:27] | highlighted by the band of the crack Bersaglieri regiment. | 高潮是狙击兵团乐队的表演 |
[02:36] | The smiling young princess showed no sign of the strain | 从公主的笑脸可知她 |
[02:38] | of the week’s continuous public appearances, | 经过一周的出访活动仍无疲态 |
[02:41] | and, at her country’s embassy that evening, | 当晚 在大使馆 |
[02:43] | a formal reception and ball in her honor | 驻意大利大使为公主 |
[02:46] | was given by her country’s ambassador to Italy. | 特设盛宴和舞会招待贵宾 |
[03:08] | Her Royal Highness. | 有请公主殿下 |
[04:05] | His Excellency, the Papal Nuncio, Monsignor Altomonte. | 主教阁下鲁西奥 艾蒙特大人 |
[04:16] | Sir Hugo Macy de Farmington. | 法明顿爵士 |
[04:19] | -Good evening, Sir Hugo. -Good evening, Your Royal Highness. | -晚上好 爵士 -晚上好 殿下 |
[04:23] | His Highness the Maharajah of Khanipur | 肯尼甫大人 |
[04:26] | and the Rajkumari. | 马哈拉渣夫妇 |
[04:28] | I’m so glad that you could come. | 很高兴你赏脸出席 |
[04:30] | -Thank you. -Thank you, madam. | -谢谢 -谢谢 公主殿下 |
[04:34] | Friherre Erick af Massinsjarna Bergenskiold. | 贝根斯基奥大人 |
[04:40] | Prince Istvan Barlossy Nagyavaros. | 纳加雅佛罗斯王子 |
[04:45] | How do you do? | 幸会 |
[04:47] | Lhre Hoheit der Furst und die Fursten von und zu Luchtenstichenholz. | 路坦斯狄根大人夫妇 |
[04:59] | Sir Hari Singh and Kmark Singh. | 辛格爵士夫妇 |
[05:05] | The Count and Countess Von Marstrand. | 马斯特兰伯爵夫妇 |
[05:08] | Good evening, Countess. | 晚上好 伯爵夫人 |
[05:12] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[05:19] | Se?or e Se?ora Joao de Camoes. | 祖昆先生 夫人 |
[05:22] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[05:27] | Hassan El Din Pasha. | 甸帕沙大人 |
[05:31] | How do you do? | 幸会 |
[07:20] | I hate this nightgown. | 我讨厌这条睡袍 |
[07:22] | I hate all my nightgowns, and I hate all my underwear, too. | 我讨厌我所有的睡袍和内衣 |
[07:26] | My dear, you have lovely things. | 公主 你的衣服很漂亮 |
[07:29] | But I’m not two hundred years old. | 但我不是老太婆 |
[07:32] | Why can’t I sleep in pajamas? | 为何我不能穿睡衣 |
[07:34] | Pajamas! | 睡衣 |
[07:35] | Just the top part. | 只是上衣就好 |
[07:39] | Did you know there are people | 你可知道有些人 |
[07:40] | who sleep with absolutely nothing on at all? | 喜欢裸睡吗 |
[07:44] | I rejoice to say that I did not. | 我很乐意告诉你 我不知道 |
[07:49] | Listen. | 听好 |
[07:57] | Ann, your slippers. | 安 你的拖鞋 |
[08:03] | Please put on your slippers and come away from the window. | 快穿上拖鞋 远离窗边 |
[08:12] | Your milk and crackers. | 牛奶和饼干 |
[08:14] | Everything we do is so wholesome. | 一切都这么刻板 |
[08:17] | They’ll help you to sleep. | 这些有助你入睡 |
[08:19] | I’m too tired to sleep. I shan’t sleep a wink. | 我太累了 无法入睡 |
[08:23] | Now, my dear, if you don’t mind, tomorrow’s schedule, or “schedule,” | 公主 现在说一下明天的时间表 或是行程表 |
[08:27] | whichever you prefer. Both are correct. | 两者都是一样 |
[08:30] | 8:30, breakfast here with the embassy staff. | 八点半 跟大使馆人员吃早餐 |
[08:32] | 9:00, we leave for the Polinari automotive works, | 九点 参观宝莲莱尼车厂 |
[08:35] | where you’ll be presented with a small car. | 你会获赠一部小汽车 |
[08:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:39] | Which you will not accept. | 你不会收礼物 |
[08:40] | No, thank you. | 不 谢了 |
[08:41] | 10:35, inspection of food and agricultural organization, | 10点35分 视察农业组织 |
[08:44] | will present you with an olive tree. | 他们会送橄榄树 |
[08:46] | No, thank you. | 不 谢了 |
[08:47] | Which you will accept. | 你会收下这礼物 |
[08:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:52] | 10:55, the New Foundling Home for Orphans. | 10点55分 新的孤儿院建造 |
[08:55] | You will preside over the laying of the cornerstone. | 出席奠基仪式 |
[08:58] | Same speech as last Monday. | 跟上周同一篇演讲辞 |
[08:59] | Trade relations. | 贸易关系 |
[09:00] | Yes. | 对 |
[09:02] | For the orphans? | 孤儿院吗 |
[09:05] | No, no, no, the other one. | 不 另一篇 |
[09:07] | Youth and progress. | 青年与进步 |
[09:08] | Precisely. | 对了 |
[09:10] | 11:45, back here to rest. No, that’s wrong. | 11点45分 回来休息 错了 |
[09:13] | 11:45, conference here with the press. | 11点45分 回来开记者会 |
[09:15] | Sweetness and decency. | 友善与正直 |
[09:17] | 1:00 sharp, lunch with the Foreign Ministry. | 一点整 跟外国部长吃午餐 |
[09:20] | You will wear your white lace and carry a bouquet of | 你会穿花边裙和戴一个 |
[09:22] | -very small pink roses. -Very small pink roses. | -小的粉红玫瑰花束 -小的粉红玫瑰花束 |
[09:26] | 3:05, presentation of a plaque. | 3点5分 获赠牌匾 |
[09:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:30] | 4:10, review Special Guard of Carabinieri. | 4点10分 检阅特警 |
[09:32] | No, thank you. | 不 谢了 |
[09:33] | -4:45, back here to change. -How do you do? | -4点45分 回来更衣 -幸会 |
[09:38] | Stop! | 住口 |
[09:40] | -Good heavens! -Stop! Stop! Stop! | -天哪 -住口 住口 住口 |
[09:44] | It’s all right, dear. It didn’t spill. | 没关系 没打翻牛奶 |
[09:46] | I don’t care if it spilled or not. | 我不管有没有打翻 |
[09:48] | I don’t care if I drowned in it! | 我才不管有没有湿掉 |
[09:50] | My dear, you’re ill. | 公主 你不舒服 |
[09:54] | I’ll send for Dr. Bonnachoven. | 我找班诺医生来 |
[09:55] | I don’t want Dr. Bonnachoven! Please let me die in peace. | 我不要见他 让我死掉好了 |
[09:59] | You’re not dying. | 你不会死的 |
[10:00] | Leave me! | 别烦我 |
[10:02] | -Leave me! -It’s nerves. Control yourself, Ann. | -别烦我 -是情绪问题 你要自控 安 |
[10:05] | I don’t want to! | 我不要自控 |
[10:07] | Your Highness! | 公主殿下 |
[10:11] | I’ll get Dr. Bonnachoven. | 我去找班诺医生 |
[10:12] | It’s no use. | 没用的 |
[10:14] | I’ll be dead before he gets here. | 他来之前 我已经死掉了 |
[10:26] | She’s asleep. | 她睡着了 |
[10:27] | She was in hysterics three minutes ago, Doctor. | 刚才她还歇斯底里呢 医生 |
[10:33] | Are you asleep, ma’am? | 你睡着了吗 公主 |
[10:34] | No! | 没 |
[10:38] | I’ll only disturb Your Royal Highness a moment. | 我只会打扰公主殿下一会儿 |
[10:41] | I’m very ashamed, Dr. Bonnachoven. | 我很羞愧 班诺医生 |
[10:44] | Sudenly, I was crying. | 就突然哭起来了 |
[10:47] | To cry, a perfectly normal thing to do. | 哭是完全正常的 |
[10:50] | It’s most important she be calm and relaxed | 她要在记者会上 |
[10:52] | for the press conference, Doctor. | 保持冷静轻松 医生 |
[10:54] | Don’t worry, Doctor. | 放心 医生 |
[10:55] | I’ll be calm and relaxed. | 我会冷静轻松 |
[10:57] | I’ll bow, and I’ll smile. | 我会鞠躬 微笑 |
[10:59] | I’ll improve trade relations, and. | 我会改善贸易关系 我会 |
[11:02] | There she goes again. Give her something, Doctor, please. | 她又是这样子 快想法子 医生 |
[11:05] | Uncover her arm, please. | 麻烦你拉起她的衣袖 |
[11:11] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[11:12] | Sleep and calm. | 安眠和镇静剂 |
[11:14] | This will relax you and make Your Highness feel a little happy. | 这会令你放轻松和开怀一点 |
[11:18] | It’s a new drug, quite harmless. | 是一种新药 无害的 |
[11:24] | There. | 行了 |
[11:27] | I don’t feel any different. | 我不觉得有分别 |
[11:29] | You will. It may take a little time to take hold. | 会有的 待会药力就见效了 |
[11:33] | Just, now, lie back. | 现在快休息一下 |
[11:36] | Can I keep just one light on? | 只开一盏灯行吗 |
[11:38] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[11:40] | Best thing I know | 现在最重要的 |
[11:42] | is to do exactly what you wish for a while. | 是让你随心所欲 |
[11:46] | Thank you, Doctor. | 谢谢 医生 |
[11:50] | The General! Doctor, quick! | 上将 医生 快来看看 |
[11:58] | I’m perfectly all right. | 我没事 |
[12:01] | Good night, ma’am. | 晚安 公主 |
[12:04] | -Good night, ma’am. -Good night, Doctor. | -晚安 公主 -晚安 医生 |
[17:00] | Bet 500. | 赌五百 |
[17:02] | 500. How many? | 我跟 多少张牌 |
[17:04] | One. | 一张 |
[17:09] | I’ll take one. | 我要一张 |
[17:11] | Three. | 三张 |
[17:12] | Foolish boy. | 傻瓜 |
[17:19] | Two for papa. | 庄家要两张 |
[17:23] | 500 more. | 再下注五百 |
[17:24] | Without looking. | 我照跟 |
[17:26] | 500, and I’ll raise you 1,000. | 我跟 还大你一千 |
[17:38] | Two pairs. | 两对牌 |
[17:39] | I got three shy little sevens. | 我有三张七点 |
[17:42] | A nervous straight. Come home, you fools. | 同花顺 我赢光你们的 傻瓜 |
[17:47] | Look at that. 6,500. | 6500里拉 |
[17:51] | Not bad. That’s 10 bucks. | 还好 就是10美元 |
[17:54] | One more round, | 再来一局 |
[17:56] | and I’m going to throw you gents right out in the snow. | 你们就要清袋了 |
[17:58] | Say, what is this? | 这是什么 |
[18:00] | I got to get up early. | 明天我要早起 |
[18:02] | Date with Her Royal Highness, | 约见了公主 |
[18:03] | who will graciously pose for some pictures. | 她会拍照 |
[18:06] | What do you mean, early? My personal invitation says 11:45. | 什么意思 早起 我的请柬说是11点45分 |
[18:10] | Couldn’t be anything to do with the fact that you’re ahead? | 你赢了钱就想走吗 |
[18:13] | It could. | 有可能 |
[18:14] | It works out fine for me. This is my last 5,000, | 我无所谓 我只剩五千里拉 |
[18:18] | and you hyenas are not gonna get it. Thanks a lot, Irving. | 你们休想得到 谢谢 艾文 |
[18:21] | Yeah, see you at Annie’s little party in the morning. | 明天在记者会见 |
[18:23] | -Ciao, Joe. -Yeah, ciao. | -再见 乔 -再见 |
[18:24] | Good night, Joe. | 晚安 乔 |
[18:26] | All right, a little seven-card stud. | 好了 再来一局 |
[18:28] | Okay with me. | 我没事 |
[18:42] | So happy. | 真开心 |
[18:50] | How are you this evening? | 你好吗 |
[18:59] | Hey, wake up. | 醒醒 |
[19:00] | Thank you very much. Delighted. | 谢谢 |
[19:02] | Wake up. | 醒醒 |
[19:03] | No, thank you. | 不 谢了 |
[19:05] | Charmed. | 幸会 |
[19:10] | Charmed, too. | 幸会 |
[19:16] | You may sit down. | 你可以坐下了 |
[19:19] | I think you’d better sit up. | 你快起来 |
[19:20] | You’re much too young to get picked up by the police. | 否则警察会抓你 |
[19:22] | -Police? -Yep. Police. | -警察 -是的 警察 |
[19:24] | 2:15 and back here to change. 2:45. | 2点15分回来更衣 2点45分 |
[19:31] | You know, people who can’t handle liquor shouldn’t drink it. | 没酒量的人就不该喝酒 |
[19:36] | “If I were dead and buried and I heard your voice” | “我死后还会听见你的声音” |
[19:41] | “beneath the sod my heart of dust would still rejoice.” | “我在墓中的灵魂依然欢欣” |
[19:48] | Do you know that poem? | 你听过这首诗吗 |
[19:52] | What do you know? | 真有意思 |
[19:54] | You’re well-read, well-dressed, | 你学识好 衣着光鲜 |
[19:59] | snoozing away in a public street. | 却在街头打盹 |
[20:02] | Would you care to make a statement? | 你有何解释 |
[20:05] | What the world needs is a return to sweetness and decency | 世界需要的是给友善正直的 |
[20:09] | in the souls of its young men and. | 青年人回报 |
[20:20] | Yeah, I couldn’t agree with you more, but. | 这个我绝对同意 但是 |
[20:35] | Get yourself some coffee. You’ll be all right. | 你快喝点咖啡吧 你会没事的 |
[21:00] | Look, you take the cab. | 你搭这部车 |
[21:09] | Come on, climb in the cab and go home. | 快 上车 回家去 |
[21:14] | -So happy. -You got any money? | -真开心 -你有钱吗 |
[21:17] | Never carry money. | 从不带钱 |
[21:18] | That’s a bad habit. | 那是个坏习惯 |
[21:21] | All right. I’ll drop you off. Come on. | 好了 我送你一程 来吧 |
[21:24] | It’s a taxi! | 是出租车 |
[21:25] | Well, it’s not the Super Chief. | 不是特快火车 |
[21:32] | Where are we going? | 你们要去哪里 |
[21:34] | Where do you live? | 你住在哪里 |
[21:37] | Colosseum. | 圆型剧场 |
[21:38] | Now, come on. You’re not that drunk. | 拜托 你不是烂醉 |
[21:42] | You’re so smart. I’m not drunk at all. | 你真聪明 我根本没醉 |
[21:45] | I’m just being very happy. | 只是太高兴 |
[21:48] | There, now, don’t go to sleep again. Come on. | 别又睡着了 |
[21:53] | Where are we going? | 我们要去哪里 |
[21:57] | -Okay. – Look, now, where do you want to go? | -好吧 -我们要去哪里 |
[21:59] | Where shall I take you? | 我该送你去哪里 |
[22:03] | Where do you live? | 你住在哪里 |
[22:06] | Come on. Come on. Where do you live? | 快说 你住在哪里 |
[22:11] | Come on! Where do you live? | 快说 你究竟住在哪里 |
[22:16] | Colosseum. | 圆型剧场 |
[22:20] | She lives in the Colosseum. | 她住在圆型剧场 |
[22:23] | Is wrong adress. | 不是的 |
[22:24] | Now, look, signore, for me, it is very late night. | 听着 现在已经夜深了 |
[22:28] | Wife. I have three bambino, three bambino. | 我有老婆 我有三个孩子 |
[22:30] | You know bambino? | 懂吗 |
[22:34] | My taxi go home. I go home, too. Together. | 我要开车回家了 |
[22:37] | Via Margutta 51. | 马古达街51号 |
[22:40] | Via Margutta 51. | 马古达街51号 |
[22:56] | Here is Via Margutta 51. | 马古达街51号 |
[22:59] | I am very happy. | 我很开心 |
[23:02] | 1,000 lira. | 一千里拉 |
[23:16] | One, two, three, four mille. | 一 二 三 四千里拉 |
[23:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:22] | For me? | 给我的 |
[23:25] | Okay, okay. Now, look. | 好了 好了 听着 |
[23:27] | -Take a little bit of that. -Yeah? | -我已多付了一点钱 -好吧 |
[23:30] | Take her wherever she wants to go. | 送她想去的地方 |
[23:37] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[23:45] | -No, no, no, no. -All right, look. | -不行 不行 -好了 听着 |
[23:47] | As soon as she wakes up, see, | 等她醒过来了 |
[23:49] | she’ll tell you where she wants to go, okay? | 她就会告诉你她要去哪了 好吗 |
[23:52] | My taxi is not for sleep. | 我的车不是旅店 |
[23:53] | My taxi. No sleep. Understand? You understand? | 我的车不是用不睡觉的 你明白吗 |
[23:57] | Look, pal. This is not my problem, see? | 朋友 这不是我的问题 |
[24:00] | -I never see her before. -Okay. | -我根本不认识她 -是的 |
[24:03] | Is not your problem. Is not my problem. | 这不是你的问题 也不是我的 |
[24:06] | What you want? You don’t want girl, yeah? | 那你想怎么样 你不想要这女孩 |
[24:09] | Me don’t want girl. | 那我也不想 |
[24:12] | Police! Maybe she want girl. | 警察 交给她就行 |
[24:16] | Okay, okay, okay. | 好了 好了 好了 |
[25:00] | So happy. So happy. | 真开心 真开心 |
[25:27] | I ought to have my head examined. | 我该去验脑 |
[25:33] | Is this the elevator? | 这是电梯吗 |
[25:36] | It’s my room. | 这是我的房间 |
[25:41] | I’m terribly sorry to mention it, but the dizziness is getting worse. | 别见怪 但我的头越来越晕 |
[25:47] | Can I sleep here? | 可以睡在这里吗 |
[25:49] | That’s the general idea. | 正有此意 |
[25:52] | Can I have a silk nightgown with rosebuds on it? | 有玫瑰花蕾的睡袍吗 |
[25:59] | I’m afraid you’ll have to rough it tonight, in these. | 恐怕今晚你要将就一下了 |
[26:03] | Pajamas! | 睡衣 |
[26:05] | Sorry, honey, but I haven’t worn a nightgown in years. | 抱歉 亲爱的 我多年没穿过睡袍了 |
[26:10] | Will you help me get undressed, please? | 请你帮我宽衣吧 |
[26:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:33] | There you are. You can handle the rest. | 行了 其余的你自己来 |
[26:48] | May I have some? | 我可以喝一杯吗 |
[26:52] | No. | 不行 |
[26:54] | Now, look. | 听着 |
[26:55] | This is very unusual. | 这是破天荒 |
[26:58] | I’ve never been alone with a man before, | 我从未单独跟男人在一起过 |
[27:00] | even with my dress on. | 即使有穿衣 |
[27:03] | With my dress off, it’s most unusual. | 没穿衣跟男人一起 那就更是奇迹 |
[27:08] | I don’t seem to mind. | 我倒不介意 |
[27:11] | Do you? | 你呢 |
[27:15] | I think I’ll go out for a cup of coffee. | 我去喝咖啡 |
[27:19] | You’d better get to sleep. | 你快休息好了 |
[27:21] | No. On this one. | 不 这边来 |
[27:23] | So terribly nice. | 你真是好人 |
[27:30] | These are pajamas. They’re to sleep in. | 这是睡衣 先穿上 |
[27:33] | You’re to climb into them. You understand? | 你才能睡觉 明白吗 |
[27:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:36] | And you do your sleeping on the couch, see, not on the bed. | 你要睡在沙发上 不是床上 |
[27:39] | Not on the chair, on the couch. Is that clear? | 不是椅子上 不是沙发上 知道了吗 |
[27:42] | Do you know my favorite poem? | 可知道我最喜欢哪首诗 |
[27:43] | You’ve already recited that for me. | 你念过了 |
[27:45] | “Arethusa arose From her couch of snows.” | “山林仙女从阿克罗斯伦安山” |
[27:50] | “In the Acroceraunian mountains.” | “皑皑白雪里升起” |
[27:54] | -Keats. -Shelley. | -凯希 -莎莉 |
[27:56] | You just keep your mind off the poetry and on the pajamas. | 别再吟诗了 快换上睡衣 |
[27:59] | Everything’ll be all right, see? | 你会没事的 |
[28:01] | It’s Shelley. I’ll be back in about 10 minutes. | 莎莉 我十分钟后回来 |
[28:05] | Keats. | 是凯希 |
[28:14] | You have my permission to withdraw. | 你可以退下了 |
[28:18] | Thank you very much. | 谢谢 |
[28:27] | -Well? -No trace, Your Excellency. | -怎么样 -没发现 阁下 |
[28:29] | Have you searched the grounds? | 整个地方都搜过了吗 |
[28:31] | Every inch, sir, from the attics to the cellar. | 每个地方都找过了 长官 从阁楼到地下室 |
[28:33] | I must put you on your honor not to speak of this to anyone. | 你得发誓保守这秘密 |
[28:36] | I must remind you that the princess is the direct heir to the throne. | 你别忘记公主是王室继承人 |
[28:40] | This must be classified as top crisis secret. | 这事故列为一级机密 |
[28:44] | -Have I your pledge? -Yes, sir. | -明白吗 -明白 长官 |
[28:45] | Very well. | 很好 |
[28:49] | Now we must notify Their Majesties. | 现在我们必须通知他们的陛下 |
[30:14] | So happy. | 真开心 |
[30:16] | The pleasure’s mine. | 是我的荣幸 |
[30:22] | Screwball. | 臭丫头 |
[32:10] | Mr. Hennessy has been looking for you. | 亨尼西先生一直问你去了哪里 |
[32:18] | Thanks a lot, hon. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[32:21] | Come in! | 进来 |
[32:30] | You’ve been looking for me? | 找我吗 |
[32:31] | Just coming to work? | 刚回来上班吗 |
[32:32] | Who, me? | 谁 我吗 |
[32:34] | We start our days at 8:30 in this office. | 报馆八点半开工 |
[32:36] | We pick up our assignments. | 我们要采访 |
[32:38] | I picked mine up last night. | 我昨晚完成采访了 |
[32:40] | -What assignment was that? -The princess. 11:45. | -哪宗新闻 -11点45分的公主记者会 |
[32:47] | You’ve already been to the interview? | 你已出席过记者会吗 |
[32:49] | Sure. I just got back. | 当然 我刚回来 |
[32:52] | -Well, well, well, all my apologies. -It’s all right. | -那我怪错你了 -没事 |
[32:56] | -This is very interesting. -No, just routine. | -真有趣 -不 一般采访 |
[32:58] | Tell me, tell me, did she answer all the questions on the list? | 告诉我 她答了你所有的问题吗 |
[33:01] | Well, of course she did. I’ve got them right here somewhere. | 当然了 答案就在这里 |
[33:05] | Don’t disturb yourself. I have a copy here. | 不用麻烦你了 我有一份副本 |
[33:08] | How did Her Highness react to the idea of a European federation? | 公主对欧洲联盟有何看法 |
[33:13] | She thought it was just fine. | 她觉得这挺不错 |
[33:15] | She did? | 是吗 |
[33:18] | Well, she thought that there’d be two effects. | 她说有两种影响 |
[33:21] | Two? | 两种 |
[33:22] | The direct and the indirect. | 直接和间接的 |
[33:25] | Remarkable. | 真好 |
[33:27] | Naturally, she thought that the indirect would not be as direct as the direct. | 当然 她认为间接影响没那么直接 |
[33:33] | -That is, not right away. -No, no, no, no. | -不是即时的影响 -对 对 |
[33:36] | Later on, of course, well, nobody knows. | 日后的事 谁知道呢 |
[33:40] | Well, well, well, that was a shrewd observation. | 这样 好精辟的见解 |
[33:45] | They fool you, you know, these royal kids. | 他们玩你呢 这些王室后裔 |
[33:48] | They’ve got a lot more on the ball than we suspect. | 他们远比我们想的聪明 |
[33:50] | How did she feel about the future friendship of nations? | 她怎么看各国未来的邦交呢 |
[33:56] | Youth. | 青年人 |
[33:58] | She felt that the youth of the world | 她认为他们是主人翁 |
[34:02] | must lead the way to a better world. | 带领世界迈向更美好的将来 |
[34:07] | Original. | 真有见地 |
[34:10] | By the way, what was she wearing? | 那她穿了什么衣服 |
[34:14] | You mean, what did she have on? | 穿了什么 |
[34:16] | That’s usually what it means. | 就是这个意思 |
[34:19] | What’s the matter? Is it a little warm in here for you? | 怎么了 你觉得太热吗 |
[34:21] | No, no. I just hurried over here, that’s all. | 不 不 只是我刚刚跑来 |
[34:23] | Naturally, with a story of these dimensions. | 当然了 这是重大的新闻 |
[34:25] | Did you say she was wearing gray? | 你说她穿灰裙 |
[34:28] | No, I didn’t say that. | 我没说过 |
[34:29] | Well, she usually wears gray. | 她常穿灰色衣裳 |
[34:31] | Well, it was a kind of a gray. | 应该是灰色的 |
[34:34] | I think I know the dress you mean. It has a gold collar. | 我记得那条裙 是金色领子 |
[34:37] | That’s the one. That’s the one, yeah. | 对了 对了 |
[34:39] | I didn’t know exactly how to describe it, but that’s. | 我就是不会形容这条裙子 |
[34:41] | I think you described it very well, | 你倒形容得很仔细 |
[34:45] | in view of the fact that Her Highness | 可是公主 |
[34:47] | was taken violently ill at 3:00 this morning, | 在凌晨三点 |
[34:49] | put to bed with a high fever, | 发了高烧 患上急病 |
[34:51] | and has had all her appointments for today canceled in toto! | 她今天的活动都全部取消 |
[34:56] | In toto? | 真的 |
[34:58] | Yes, Mr. Bradley, in toto. | 当然是真的 布拉德利先生 |
[35:05] | It’s certainly pretty hard to swallow. | 这真难以置信 |
[35:06] | In view of the fact that you just left her, of course. | 你还刚离开她 |
[35:10] | But here it is, Mr. Bradley, | 你看 布拉德利先生 |
[35:11] | all over the front page of every newspaper in Rome. | 罗马每份报纸的头条 |
[35:14] | All right, all right, I overslept. It can happen to anybody. | 好吧 我睡过头了 人谁无过 |
[35:17] | If you only got up early enough to read a morning paper, | 若你起床后有看早报 |
[35:20] | you might discover little news events, | 就会发现这些大众关注的小新闻 |
[35:22] | little items of general interest | 而不会跟我扯这种 |
[35:24] | that might prevent someone in the future from getting immersed | 荒天下之大谬 |
[35:26] | in such a gold-plated, triple-decked, star-spangled lie | 令人笑掉大牙的谎话 |
[35:30] | as you have just told me. | 就像你刚才说的那样 |
[35:32] | If I were you, I would try some other line of business, | 你该考虑转行 |
[35:34] | like mattress testing. | 做床褥测试员 |
[35:35] | Is this the princess? | 这就是公主吗 |
[35:37] | Yes, Mr. Bradley, that is the princess. | 是的 布拉德利先生 这就是公主 |
[35:39] | It isn’t Annie Oakley, Dorothy Lamour, or Madam Chiang Kai-Shek. | 不是奥莉 娜摩 或蒋介石夫人 |
[35:43] | Take a good look at her. | 看清楚 |
[35:44] | You might be interviewing her again someday. | 也许你再有机会访问她 |
[35:47] | Am I fired? | 我被炒鱿了吗 |
[35:49] | No, you’re not fired. | 不 没被炒 |
[35:51] | When I want to fire you, you won’t have to ask. | 若我要炒你 不用你问我 |
[35:54] | You’ll know you’re fired! | 你自会知道已经被炒 |
[36:00] | The man’s mad. | 那家伙是疯子 |
[36:24] | Giovanni, it’s Joe Bradley. | 吉瓦尼 是乔·布拉德利 |
[36:27] | Now, listen carefully. I want you to hurry up to my place | 现在你听清楚 快去我的房间 |
[36:30] | and see if there’s somebody there asleep. | 看有没有人在睡觉 |
[36:36] | Say, Mr. Joe, I look. | 乔先生 我说 |
[36:39] | You wait. | 你等等 |
[37:01] | Mr. Joe? | 乔先生 |
[37:02] | Yeah! Yeah, yeah, yeah. Tell me. Tell me. | 好 好 怎么样 |
[37:09] | Giovanni, I love you. Now, listen. | 吉瓦尼 我爱你 听好 |
[37:12] | Yes, Mr. Joe? | 好的 乔先生 |
[37:16] | A gun? | 用枪 |
[37:17] | No! | 不行 |
[37:18] | Yes, a gun, a knife, anything, | 用枪 用刀 什么都好 |
[37:21] | but nobody goes in and nobody goes out. | 但别让任何人进出我的房间 |
[37:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[37:41] | You still here? | 你还在这里吗 |
[37:43] | How much would a real interview with this dame be worth? | 跟这女人做的访问值多少钱 |
[37:46] | Are you referring to Her Highness? | 你指公主吗 |
[37:47] | I’m not referring to Annie Oakley, Dorothy Lamour or. | 我不是指奥莉 |
[37:50] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[37:51] | What do you care? You got about as much chance as. | 问来干嘛 你没机会 |
[37:53] | I know, but if I did, how much would it be worth? | 若有 多少钱 |
[37:56] | Just a plain talk on world conditions might be worth 250. | 跟她谈世界局势值二百五十元 |
[38:01] | Her views on clothes, of course, would be worth a lot more, maybe 1,000. | 跟她谈时装会更值钱 也许一千元 |
[38:04] | -Dollars? -Dollars. | -美元 -美元 |
[38:05] | I’m talking about her views on everything. | 我是指她对任何事情的看法 |
[38:09] | The private and secret longings of a princess. | 公主心事大揭秘 |
[38:14] | Her innermost thoughts, | 尽诉她内心的想法 |
[38:15] | as revealed to your Rome correspondent | 渴望 一切尽在这个 |
[38:17] | in a private, personal, exclusive interview. | 私人的独家专访中 |
[38:30] | Can’t use it, huh? | 行不行 |
[38:32] | I didn’t think you’d like it. | 早知道你会不喜欢这主意 |
[38:37] | Come here. | 回来 |
[38:41] | Love angle, too, I suppose? | 还有爱情观 |
[38:43] | Practically all love angle. | 当然了 |
[38:44] | With pictures. | 有图为证 |
[38:46] | Could be. How much? | 可能 多少钱 |
[38:48] | That particular story will be worth five grand to any news service. | 任何报馆都会出价五千美元 |
[38:52] | But tell me, Mr. Bradley, if you are sober, | 但告诉我 布拉德利先生 若你清醒的话 |
[38:55] | just how you are going to obtain this fantastic interview. | 你怎么做到这个独家专访 |
[38:58] | I plan to enter her sickroom disguised as a thermometer. | 我会扮鬼扮马潜进她的病房 |
[39:02] | You said five grand? I want you to shake on that. | 你说是五千元 那握手为实 |
[39:08] | And you realize, of course, Her Highness is in bed today | 你可知道公主今天在床上 |
[39:10] | and leaves for Athens tomorrow? | 明天可是要去雅典 |
[39:11] | Yep. | 我知道 |
[39:12] | Now, I’d like to make a little side bet with you. | 我想附加打赌 |
[39:16] | 500 says you don’t come up with the story. | 赌五百元你做不到这专访 |
[39:26] | What are you looking at that for? | 你在看什么 |
[39:27] | I just want to see what time it is. | 看只是想看看现在几点了 |
[39:28] | What day it is. | 看今天是哪天 |
[39:31] | It’s a deal! | 一言为定 |
[39:32] | Now I’d like you to shake. | 那握手为实 |
[39:38] | Let’s see, you’re into me for about 500 now. | 这五百元你输定的了 |
[39:41] | When you lose this bet, you’ll owe me 1,000. | 要是你真的输了 你就欠我一千元 |
[39:44] | Why, you poor sucker, I’ll practically own you. | 笨蛋 你注定为我做牛做马 |
[39:47] | You have practically owned me for a couple of years now. | 我本来要熬多两年 |
[39:50] | But that’s all over. | 但时来运转 |
[39:51] | I’m going to win that money, | 我会赢钱 |
[39:52] | and with it, I’m gonna buy me a one-way ticket back to New York. | 有了钱 我就能买单程机票回纽约了 |
[39:56] | Go on, go on, I love to hear you whine. | 走吧 我爱听你抱怨 |
[39:59] | And when I’m back in a real newsroom, I’ll enjoy thinking about you, | 待我另谋高就时 我会想起你 |
[40:02] | sitting here with an empty leash in your hands | 呆坐在这里 |
[40:04] | and nobody to twitch for you. | 没人再听你使唤 |
[40:07] | So long, pigeon! | 再见 笨蛋 |
[40:35] | Hey, Joe. What you know? | 乔 你知道什么 |
[40:40] | Is everything okay, Giovanni? | 没事吧 吉瓦尼 |
[40:42] | Nobody she’s come. Nobody she’s go. | 无人进出你的房间 |
[40:45] | Absolutely nobody. | 绝对没有 |
[40:47] | Swell. Thanks a lot. | 真好 谢谢你 |
[40:52] | Giovanni. | 吉瓦尼 |
[40:56] | How would you like to make some money? | 你想赚钱吗 |
[40:58] | -Money? -Yeah. | -钱 -对 |
[40:59] | That’s the stuff. Now, look, I’ve got a sure thing. | 没错 我有一个必赢大计 |
[41:03] | Double your money back in two days. | 两天之内加倍奉还 |
[41:06] | Double my money? | 加倍 |
[41:07] | Yeah, well, I need a little investment capital | 但我先要找点资本 |
[41:10] | to swing the deal. | 做这个交易 |
[41:11] | Now, if you’ll just lend me a little cash. | 现在你借一点钱给我 |
[41:17] | You owing me two months’ rent, | 你已欠了我两个月租 |
[41:22] | and you want me to lend you money? | 现在还想借钱 |
[41:25] | -Yeah. -No. | -是的 -不行 |
[41:29] | Tomorrow you’ll be sorry. | 明天你会后悔 |
[42:38] | Your Highness? | 公主殿下 |
[42:41] | Your Royal Highness? | 公主殿下 |
[42:47] | Yes, what is it? | 是 怎么了 |
[44:29] | Dear Dr. Bonnachoven. | 班诺医生 |
[44:34] | Sure, yes, well, you’re fine. Much better. Is there anything you want? | 对 我是医生 你好多了 你想要点什么 |
[44:41] | So many things. | 想要很多东西 |
[44:42] | -Yes? Well, tell the doctor. -So. | -是吗 告诉医生 -那么 |
[44:45] | Tell the good doctor everything. | 告诉我你所想的一切 |
[44:48] | I dreamt, and I dreamt. | 我梦见 我梦见 |
[44:51] | Yes? Well, what did you dream? | 你梦见什么 |
[44:57] | I dreamt I was asleep in the street, and a young man came. | 我梦见我睡在街头 有个年轻男人走来 |
[45:02] | He was tall and strong, and he was so mean to me. | 他高大强壮 他对我很凶 |
[45:11] | He was? | 是吗 |
[45:19] | It was wonderful. | 感觉真好 |
[45:54] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[46:00] | Where’s Dr. Bonnachoven? | 班诺医生呢 |
[46:03] | I’m afraid I don’t know anybody by that name. | 我恐怕不认识他 |
[46:05] | Wasn’t I talking to him just now? | 我刚才不是跟他说话吗 |
[46:07] | Afraid not. | 恐怕不是 |
[46:11] | Have I had an accident? | 我遇上意外了 |
[46:14] | No. | 不是 |
[46:18] | Quite safe for me to sit up? | 我可以坐起来吗 |
[46:21] | Perfect. | 当然可以 |
[46:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[46:45] | Are these yours? | 这是你的睡衣吗 |
[46:53] | Did you lose something? | 你有东西不见了吗 |
[46:56] | No. | 没有 |
[47:00] | Would you be so kind as to tell me where I am? | 可否告诉我现在身在何处 |
[47:06] | Well, this is what is laughingly known as my apartment. | 这是我的小公寓 |
[47:10] | Did you bring me here by force? | 你强行带我回来吗 |
[47:13] | No, no, no. Quite the contrary. | 不 不 刚好相反 |
[47:17] | Have I been here all night, alone? | 我整晚单独在这里吗 |
[47:21] | If you don’t count me, yes. | 若不算我在内 就是了 |
[47:26] | So I’ve spent the night here with you? | 我跟你在这里过了一晚吗 |
[47:30] | Well, now, I don’t know that I’d use those words, exactly, | 我不知道我能不能这么说 |
[47:35] | but from a certain angle, yes. | 但这个说法也没错 |
[47:57] | How do you do? | 幸会 |
[47:59] | How do you do? | 幸会 |
[48:00] | -And you are. -Bradley. Joe Bradley. | -贵姓大名 -布拉德利 乔·布拉德利 |
[48:03] | Delighted. | 很高兴认识你 |
[48:05] | You don’t know how delighted I am to meet you. | 我更高兴见到你 |
[48:07] | You may sit down. | 你可以坐下来了 |
[48:16] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[48:22] | You may call me Anya. | 叫我安雅吧 |
[48:25] | Thank you, Anya. | 好的 安雅 |
[48:30] | Would you like a cup of coffee? | 喝咖啡吗 |
[48:31] | -What time is it? -About 1:30. | -现在几点钟了 -快一点半了 |
[48:34] | 1:30! I must get dressed and go! | 一点半 我要马上换衣服离开 |
[48:37] | Why? What’s your hurry? There’s lots of time. | 为什么 你急什么 时间还多着呢 |
[48:40] | No, there isn’t, and I’ve been quite enough trouble to you as it is. | 不 我已添了你不少麻烦 |
[48:44] | Trouble? | 麻烦 |
[48:46] | You’re not what I’d call trouble. | 你绝对没给我添麻烦 |
[48:50] | I’m not? | 真的 |
[48:52] | I’ll run a bath for you. | 我替你准备洗澡水 |
[49:12] | There you are. | 行了 |
[49:55] | Here we go now. | 准备拍照 |
[50:00] | There you are. That does it. | 行了 拍好了 |
[50:04] | Give me a little slack, will you? | 放我一马 好吗 |
[50:09] | Irving! Why don’t you answer the phone? | 艾文 为何迟迟不接电话 |
[50:11] | Look, this is Joe. | 听着 是乔 |
[50:12] | Irving, can you get over here in about five minutes? | 艾文 你能不能5分钟内过来 |
[50:14] | No, I can’t come now, Joe. I’m busy. | 不行 乔 现在我正忙着 |
[50:18] | No. | 不行 |
[50:20] | Joe, I’m up to my ears in work. | 乔 现在我忙得要命 |
[50:26] | What kind of a scoop, Joe? | 究竟怎么回事 乔 |
[50:28] | Look, Irving, I can’t talk over the telephone. | 听着 艾文 我不方便在电话说 |
[50:30] | One word in the wrong quarter, | 一时半会儿说不清楚 |
[50:31] | and this whole thing might blow sky-high. | 这件事非同小可 |
[50:33] | It’s front-page stuff. That’s all I can tell you. | 总之就是头条大新闻 我只能这么告诉你 |
[50:36] | It might be political or it might be a sensational scandal. | 可能具政治性 可能是丑闻 |
[50:38] | I’m not sure which, but it’s a big story. | 我也不确定 总之是猛料 |
[50:40] | It’s got to have pictures. | 我要照片 |
[50:41] | But I can’t come now, Joe. I’m busy. | 但我不能过来 乔 现在我很忙 |
[50:45] | I’m busy now, and I’m meeting Francesca at Rocca’s in a half an hour. | 我现在我很忙 况且半小时后我要去见弗朗西斯卡 |
[51:48] | Don’t understand. | 听不懂 |
[52:12] | There you are. | 原来你在这里 |
[52:15] | I was looking at all the people out here. | 我在看街景 |
[52:17] | It must be fun to live in a place like this. | 住在这里真有意思 |
[52:20] | Yeah, it has its moments. | 没错 |
[52:22] | I can give you a running commentary on each apartment. | 我可以给你介绍左邻右里 |
[52:24] | I must go. | 我要走了 |
[52:27] | I only waited to say good-bye. | 我只是想跟你道别 |
[52:29] | Good-bye? Why, we’ve only just met. | 道别 为什么 我们才刚相识 |
[52:34] | -How about some breakfast? -I’m sorry. I haven’t time. | -要不吃点早餐吧 -对不起 我没时间了 |
[52:37] | It must be a pretty important date to run off without eating. | 要空着肚子走 那一定是急事 |
[52:42] | It is. | 没错 |
[52:43] | Well, I’ll go along with you, wherever you are going. | 那我送你吧 你去哪 |
[52:45] | That’s all right, thank you. I can find the place. | 没关系 谢谢 我认得路 |
[52:51] | Thank you for letting me sleep in your bed. | 谢谢你让我睡在你的床上 |
[52:55] | That’s all right. Think nothing of it. | 小意思 别客气 |
[52:58] | It was very considerate of you. | 你真是个好人 |
[53:00] | You must have been awfully uncomfortable on that couch. | 要你睡沙发 一定很不舒服 |
[53:03] | No. Do it all the time! | 不 我常睡在沙发上 |
[53:10] | -Good-bye, Mr. Bradley. -Good-bye. | -再见 布拉德利先生 -再见 |
[53:17] | Go right through there and down all the steps. | 沿这里 下楼梯 |
[53:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[53:52] | Well, small world. | 世界真小 |
[53:55] | Yes. I almost forgot. Can you lend me some money? | 对 我差点忘了 可否借点钱给我 |
[54:00] | Yeah, that’s right. You didn’t have any last night, did you? | 可以 是啊 你身上没钱 |
[54:08] | How much was it that you wanted? | 你想要多少 |
[54:10] | Well, I don’t know how much I need. How much have you got? | 我不知道 你有多少 |
[54:14] | Well, suppose we just split this 50-50? Here’s 1,000 lira. | 一人一半吧 这里有一千里拉 |
[54:18] | 1,000? Can you really spare all that? | 一千元 你借这么多钱给我 |
[54:22] | It’s about $1.50. | 那只是1.5美元 |
[54:25] | Well, I’ll arrange for it to be sent back to you. | 我会派人来还钱 |
[54:28] | What is your adress? | 你的地址呢 |
[54:31] | Via Margutta 51. | 马古达街51号 |
[54:33] | Via Margutta 51. | 马古达街51号 |
[54:36] | Joe Bradley. | 乔·布拉德利 |
[54:38] | Good-bye. Thank you. | 再见 谢谢 |
[54:54] | Double my money, eh? | 加倍奉还 |
[54:56] | You tell me why double my money that way? | 你说过明天加倍还我的 |
[54:58] | Tomorrow, tomorrow. | 明天 明天 |
[55:00] | Yeah, tomorrow. | 又是明天 |
[57:35] | What a wonderful hair you have. | 你这把头发真美 |
[57:40] | Just cut, thank you. | 把头发剪短 谢谢 |
[57:41] | Just cut? | 剪短 |
[57:43] | Well, then, cut so? | 那么 剪这个长度吗 |
[57:47] | Higher. | 高一点 |
[57:48] | Higher? | 高一点 |
[57:50] | Here? | 这里 |
[57:51] | More. | 再高一点 |
[57:54] | -Here? -Even more. | -这里 -再高一点 |
[57:58] | Where? | 哪里 |
[58:01] | There. | 这里 |
[58:02] | There? | 这里 |
[58:04] | Are you sure, miss? | 你确定吗 小姐 |
[58:06] | I’m quite sure, thank you. | 确定 谢谢 |
[58:12] | All off? | 剪短 |
[58:13] | All off. | 剪短 |
[58:16] | Off. | 剪短 |
[58:27] | -Are you sure? -Yes. | -确定吗 -确定 |
[58:30] | Yes. | 好的 |
[58:35] | Off! | 剪短 |
[58:42] | Off! | 剪短 |
[58:48] | Off. | 剪短 |
[59:03] | Off! | 剪短 |
[59:24] | That’s a nice little camera you have there. | 你这个照相机挺不错 |
[59:27] | It’s nice. | 不错 |
[59:30] | You don’t mind if I just borrow it, do you? | 可否借我用一下吗 |
[59:33] | -Miss Weber! -Bring it right back. | -韦伯老师 -马上就还回来 |
[59:34] | -Just for a couple of minutes. -No. | -就一小会儿 -不行 |
[59:37] | Let go. It’s my camera. | 走开 照相机是我的 |
[59:48] | You musician, maybe? | 你是音乐家吗 |
[59:52] | You artist? | 艺术家 |
[59:54] | Painter? | 画家 |
[59:58] | I know. You model. | 我知道了 是模特儿 |
[1:00:01] | Model. | 模特儿 |
[1:00:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:00:05] | It’s perfect. | 棒极了 |
[1:00:07] | You be nice without long hair. | 你短发很好看 |
[1:00:10] | Now is cool. Cool? | 怎么样 满意吧 |
[1:00:12] | Yes. It’s just what I wanted. | 是的 十分满意 |
[1:00:16] | Now, why you not come dancing tonight with me? | 今晚赏脸来跟我跳舞吧 |
[1:00:20] | You should see. Is so nice. | 看着吧 舞会很不错 |
[1:00:23] | Is on a boat on the Tiber, the river by Sant’Angelo. | 在台伯河上的船上 河边安哲罗餐馆举行 |
[1:00:28] | Moonlight, music, romantic. | 有月光 音乐 气氛浪漫 |
[1:00:30] | Is very, very. Very! | 真的非常不错 |
[1:00:32] | Please? You come? | 赏个脸吧 来吗 |
[1:00:34] | I wish I could. | 我希望可以 |
[1:00:39] | But your friend, I not think they recognize you. | 你的朋友一定认不出你的新形象 |
[1:00:44] | No, I don’t think they will. | 他们会大吃一惊 |
[1:00:47] | -Thank you very much. -Thank you. | -很谢谢你 -谢谢 |
[1:00:53] | After 9:00, I will be there, dancing on river. | 九点后 我会去河边那舞会 |
[1:00:56] | Remember, Sant’Angelo. | 记住 安哲罗 |
[1:00:58] | All my friends. | 我的朋友们 |
[1:00:59] | If you come, you will be most pretty of all girl. | 你来的话 你会是全场最美的 |
[1:01:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:01:09] | -Good-bye. -Good-bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[1:02:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:02:39] | 1,000 lira. | 一千里拉 |
[1:02:41] | No money. | 我没钱 |
[1:02:46] | I’m sorry. I’ve really no money. | 对不起 我真的没钱 |
[1:02:52] | Look. | 你看 |
[1:02:59] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:03:34] | Well, it’s you. | 是你 |
[1:03:37] | Yes, Mr. Bradley. | 布拉德利先生 |
[1:03:38] | Or is it? | 真的是你吗 |
[1:03:41] | Do you like it? | 好看吗 |
[1:03:42] | Yeah. Very much. | 是啊 很好看 |
[1:03:48] | So that was your mysterious appointment. | 原来这就是你的神秘约会 |
[1:03:51] | Mr. Bradley, I have a confession to make. | 布拉德利先生 我要向你招供 |
[1:03:53] | Confession? | 招供 |
[1:03:55] | Yes. I ran away last night, | 对 昨晚我从学校 |
[1:03:58] | from school. | 偷跑出来 |
[1:04:00] | What was the matter? | 为什么 |
[1:04:02] | Trouble with the teacher? | 对老师有不满吗 |
[1:04:04] | No, nothing like that. | 不是 不是那样的 |
[1:04:05] | Well, you don’t just run away from school for nothing. | 但你不会无故偷跑出来 |
[1:04:07] | I only meant it to be for an hour or two. | 我只是想溜出来几个钟头 |
[1:04:10] | They gave me something last night to make me sleep. | 昨晚他们给我打针 帮助我入睡 |
[1:04:14] | I see. | 原来如此 |
[1:04:18] | Now I’d better get a taxi and go back. | 我该搭出租车回去了 |
[1:04:20] | Well, look, before you do, | 但是 |
[1:04:23] | why don’t you take a little time for yourself? | 你何不先四处逛逛 |
[1:04:27] | Maybe another hour. | 也许一个钟头吧 |
[1:04:29] | Live dangerously. Take the whole day. | 做人要冒险 玩上一天吧 |
[1:04:33] | I could do some of the things I’ve always wanted to. | 我可以做梦寐以求的事 |
[1:04:35] | Like what? | 例如呢 |
[1:04:37] | You can’t imagine. | 你无法想像的 |
[1:04:38] | I’d like to do just whatever I like the whole day long. | 我希望整天都能随心所欲 |
[1:04:42] | You mean, things like having your hair cut, eating gelato? | 就像你去剪发和吃雪糕吗 |
[1:04:44] | Yes, and I’d like to sit at a sidewalk cafe and look in shop windows, | 对 我想坐在路边咖啡室 逛商店 |
[1:04:50] | walk in the rain. | 在雨中散步 |
[1:04:52] | Have fun, and maybe some excitement. | 找乐子 甚至是寻求刺激 |
[1:04:56] | -Doesn’t seem much to you, does it? -It’s great. | -这对你来说没什么特别吧 -这很好玩 |
[1:05:01] | Tell you what. | 告诉你吧 |
[1:05:02] | Why don’t we do all those things together? | 我们何不一起去找这些乐子呢 |
[1:05:05] | Don’t you have to work? | 你不用上班吗 |
[1:05:07] | Work? No. Today’s going to be a holiday. | 上班 不用 今天是假期 |
[1:05:09] | But you don’t want to do a lot of silly things. | 你不必陪我做这些无聊事 |
[1:05:13] | Don’t I? | 是吗 |
[1:05:14] | First wish, one sidewalk cafe. Coming right up. | 首个愿望 路边咖啡店 走吧 |
[1:05:17] | I know just the place. Rocca’s. | 我有个好地方介绍给你 罗卡咖啡店 |
[1:05:29] | What will the people at school say when they see your new haircut? | 学校里的人会怎么看这新发型 |
[1:05:32] | They’ll have a fit. | 他们会大感意外 |
[1:05:34] | What would they say if they knew I’d spent the night in your room? | 若他们知道我睡在你房里呢 |
[1:05:38] | Well, I tell you what. You don’t tell your folks, and I won’t tell mine. | 这样吧 大家保守这个秘密 |
[1:05:42] | It’s a pact. | 一言为定 |
[1:05:44] | Well, what would you like to drink? | 想喝点什么 |
[1:05:46] | Champagne, please. | 香槟 谢谢 |
[1:05:53] | Champagne? | 香槟 |
[1:05:59] | And cold coffee for me. | 我要一杯冰咖啡 |
[1:06:04] | Must be quite a life you have in that school. | 一定是贵族学校 |
[1:06:06] | Champagne for lunch. | 吃午饭喝香槟 |
[1:06:07] | Only on special occasions. | 只在特别场合才喝 |
[1:06:09] | For instance? | 例如呢 |
[1:06:10] | The last time was my father’s anniversary. | 上次喝香槟是爸爸的纪念日 |
[1:06:13] | Weding? | 结婚纪念日 |
[1:06:14] | No. It was the 40th anniversary of the day he got his job. | 不是 是四十周年纪念 自他有这份工作 |
[1:06:20] | Forty years on the job. What do you know about that? | 做了四十年的工作 真是非同凡响 |
[1:06:24] | What does he do? | 他做哪一行的 |
[1:06:27] | Well, mostly you might call it public relations. | 你可以说他是做公关工作的 |
[1:06:30] | Well, that’s hard work. | 那么工作挺辛苦的 |
[1:06:33] | -Yes, I wouldn’t care for it. -Does he? | -我不喜欢这份工作 -他呢 |
[1:06:35] | I’ve heard him complain about it. | 他曾有所抱怨 |
[1:06:38] | Why doesn’t he quit? | 他为何不辞了工作 |
[1:06:40] | Well, people in that line of work almost never do quit, | 做他那一行的人极少会辞工作的 |
[1:06:44] | unless it’s actually unhealthy for them to continue. | 除非健康不好 无法继续工作了 |
[1:06:47] | Well, here’s to his health, then. | 那么 祝他健康 |
[1:06:50] | You know, that’s what everybody says. | 人人都跟他这么说的 |
[1:06:58] | It’s all right? | 好喝吗 |
[1:07:00] | Yes, thank you. | 好喝 谢谢 |
[1:07:02] | What is your work? | 那你做什么工作 |
[1:07:04] | I’m in the selling game. | 我做生意的 |
[1:07:07] | Really? How interesting. | 是吗 真有趣 |
[1:07:09] | What do you sell? | 你做哪种生意 |
[1:07:14] | Fertilizer. | 化肥 |
[1:07:15] | Chemicals. You know, chemicals. | 化学品 化学品 |
[1:07:17] | Stuff like that. | 诸如之类 |
[1:07:26] | Irving! Well, am I glad to see you! | 艾文 很高兴见到你 |
[1:07:29] | Why? Did you forget your wallet? | 为什么 你忘了带银包吗 |
[1:07:31] | Pull up a chair, Irving. Sit down with us. | 拿张椅子 艾文 坐下吧 |
[1:07:32] | Aren’t you going to introduce me? | 你不作介绍吗 |
[1:07:34] | Yes. This is a very good friend of mine, Irving Radovich. Anya, Irving. | 这是好友艾文·雷德维奇 她是安雅 艾文 |
[1:07:39] | -Anya. -Smith. | -安雅 -史密斯 |
[1:07:42] | Hiya, Smitty. | 你好 史密斯 |
[1:07:43] | Charmed. | 幸会 |
[1:07:47] | Hey, anybody ever tell you you’re a dead ringer for. | 可有人说你是个铃音 |
[1:07:57] | Well, I guess I’ll be going. | 我想我要走了 |
[1:07:59] | No, don’t do anything like that, Irving. Sit down. Join us. Join us. | 不 别这样 艾文 跟我们聊会天吧 |
[1:08:06] | Well, just till Francesca gets here. | 等弗朗西斯卡来了再走吧 |
[1:08:10] | Tell me, Mr. Radovich, what is a ringer? | 雷德维奇先生 什么是铃音 |
[1:08:15] | Waiter? | 服务员 |
[1:08:16] | It’s an American term, | 这是一个俗语 |
[1:08:17] | and it means anyone who has a great deal of charm. | 意思是赞人家很漂亮迷人 |
[1:08:24] | -Thank you. -You’re welcome. | -谢谢 -别客气 |
[1:08:32] | Cousins. | 是表妹 |
[1:08:33] | Mr. Bradley’s just been telling me all about his work. | 布拉德利先生刚在说他的工作 |
[1:08:37] | I’d like to have heard that. | 我也想听 |
[1:08:39] | What do you do? | 你做哪一行 |
[1:08:40] | I’m in the same racket as Joe, only I’m. | 我跟乔是同行 只是我 |
[1:08:44] | I’m awfully sorry, Irving. | 很对不起 艾文 |
[1:08:48] | -What are you? -I’m sorry. | -你搞什么 -很抱歉 |
[1:08:50] | Look, I can take a hint. I’ll see you around. | 我不是那么笨的 再见了 |
[1:08:53] | Your drink’s just here. | 但喝的刚送来 |
[1:08:55] | Yeah, here’s your drink right now, Irving. Take it easy. | 喝的刚送来 艾文 别急 |
[1:08:58] | I’m sorry about that. Sit down. That’s a good fellow. | 不好意思 坐下来 好朋友 |
[1:09:03] | That’s a boy. | 这就对了 |
[1:09:08] | You’re twisting my arm, you know. | 你一直在戏弄我 |
[1:09:10] | Just be a little more careful not to spill. | 小心别打翻了 |
[1:09:13] | Spill? Who’s been doing the spilling? | 打翻 是谁打翻了 |
[1:09:15] | You. | 你 |
[1:09:16] | -Me? -Yeah. | -我 -对 |
[1:09:19] | Where did you find this loony? | 你在哪里碰上这个疯子的 |
[1:09:25] | You’re okay. Here’s to you. | 好了 我为你干一杯 |
[1:09:27] | Here’s hoping for the best. | 还是你最好 |
[1:09:30] | If it wasn’t for that hair, I’d swear that. | 若不是发型不同 你实在像 |
[1:09:38] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:09:40] | You slipped, Irving. You slipped, you almost hurt yourself that time. | 你摔倒了 艾文 你差点受伤了 |
[1:09:43] | I slipped? I almost hurt myself? | 我摔倒了 我差点受伤了自己 |
[1:09:46] | Joe, I didn’t slip! | 乔 我没有摔倒 |
[1:09:49] | Never mind I got a bad sprain, Joe. | 算了 乔 |
[1:09:50] | We’d better go in here and get it fixed up. | 你得快点看看伤势 |
[1:09:52] | -Yeah, I’d like to. -Will you excuse us for a minute? | -是啊 -失陪一下 |
[1:09:54] | Yes, of course. I’m so sorry. | 好了 对不起 |
[1:09:57] | -Come here, pal. -Joe, now wait a minute. | -过来 伙计 -乔 等一下 |
[1:09:59] | What are you trying to do now? Take your hands off me. | 你究竟想怎样 别碰我 |
[1:10:01] | -Have you got your lighter? -What’s that got to do with it? | -你有带打火机吗 -什么 |
[1:10:03] | -Have you got it? -Yeah, but what are you trying to do? | -有吗 -有 但是你想干什么 |
[1:10:06] | Listen, what would you do for five grand? | 你想不想赚五千美元 |
[1:10:10] | -Five grand? -Okay, look. | -五千美元 -听好 |
[1:10:12] | She doesn’t know who I am or what I do. | 她不知我是谁 |
[1:10:14] | Look, Irving, this is my story. I dug it up. I’ve got to protect it. | 听着 艾文 我要作独家专访 |
[1:10:18] | She’s really the. | 她真的是 |
[1:10:20] | Your tintypes are gonna make this little epic twice as valuable. | 你的照片会令这升价两倍 |
[1:10:23] | -“The princess goes slumming.” -You’re in for 25% of the take. | -公主微服出巡 -你分两成半 |
[1:10:26] | -The take’s five Gs. -Minimum. Hennessy shook hands on it. | -五千美元的吗 -亨尼西已升价 |
[1:10:30] | -That’s $1,500. -It’s $1,250. | -那是1500元 -是1250元 |
[1:10:33] | Okay. Now you shake. | 好了 握手为实 |
[1:10:35] | Okay, now lend me 30,000. | 现在借我三万里拉 |
[1:10:37] | 30,000? That’s 50 bucks. Are you gonna buy the crown jewels? | 三万 那是50美元 你要买皇家珠宝吗 |
[1:10:40] | She’s out there now drinking champagne that I can’t pay for. | 她喝的是香槟 我付不起 |
[1:10:42] | We’ve got to entertain her, don’t we? | 我们得让她高兴 |
[1:10:44] | Joe, we can’t go running around town with a hot princess. | 乔 我们不能带着俏公主四处走 |
[1:10:47] | Do you want in on this deal or don’t you? | 你究竟想不想赚大钱 |
[1:10:57] | This I want back Saturday. | 周末还钱 |
[1:10:58] | Okay. Now where’s your lighter? | 好 打火机呢 |
[1:11:02] | Let’s go to work. | 开工吧 |
[1:11:11] | Better now? | 好了点没有 |
[1:11:14] | -Your ear. -My ear? | -你的耳朵 -我的耳朵 |
[1:11:16] | Yeah. Joe fixed it. | 对了 乔医好了 |
[1:11:20] | Would you care for a cigarette? | 抽烟吗 |
[1:11:22] | Yes, please. | 好的 |
[1:11:23] | You won’t believe this, but it’s my very first. | 请别见笑 但这是我第一次吸烟 |
[1:11:26] | Your very first? | 第一次 |
[1:11:29] | No smoking in school? | 学校不准吸烟吗 |
[1:11:32] | Your first cigarette. | 第一次吸烟 |
[1:11:40] | There. The gizmo works. | 这小玩意管用的 |
[1:11:43] | Well, what’s the verdict? Okay? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[1:11:47] | Nothing to it. | 没什么 |
[1:11:48] | That’s right. Nothing to it. | 对 没什么 |
[1:11:54] | I’ll stretch my legs a little here. | 我要伸展一下双腿 |
[1:11:56] | I’ll pick this one up, Irving. | 这次由我请客 艾文 |
[1:11:58] | Yeah. You can afford it. | 是啊 你负担得起 |
[1:12:02] | Well, what shall we do next? Shall we make out a little schedule? | 接着呢 我们要一个时间表吗 |
[1:12:06] | Not that word, please. | 求你 别说那字 |
[1:12:09] | I didn’t mean a work. School schedule. | 我不是指工作 学校的时间表 |
[1:12:12] | I meant a fun schedule. | 我是说玩乐行程表 |
[1:12:15] | Yes. Let’s just go. | 好了 我们走吧 |
[1:12:18] | Well, how about you, Irving? Are you ready? | 怎么样 艾文 你准备好没有 |
[1:12:21] | -Yeah. -Let’s go. | -行了 -走吧 |
[1:12:26] | Francesca! | 弗朗西斯卡 |
[1:12:29] | -This is. -Smitty. | -这是 -史密斯 |
[1:12:31] | She’s a grand girl, Irving. Grand. | 她是千金小姐 艾文 |
[1:12:33] | Five grand, Irving. | 五千 艾文 |
[1:12:36] | -Joe! -Where are you going now? | -乔 -你要去哪里 |
[1:12:39] | Honey, I gotta work. I’ll call you tonight. | 甜心 我要工作了 今晚再找你 |
[1:13:22] | Look at those men! | 看他们 |
[1:13:24] | They were supposed to be inconspicuous. | 他们该保持低调 |
[1:13:27] | You asked for plain clothes. | 是你说要穿便服的 |
[1:15:20] | Stop! Come back here! | 别走 快回来 |
[1:17:18] | I’m going straight from now on. | 从今天起我会循规蹈矩 |
[1:17:21] | American News Service? What did he mean? | 记者 他是什么意思 |
[1:17:24] | Well, you know, you say you’re with the press, | 你自认是记者 |
[1:17:27] | you can get away with anything. | 那就无往而不利 |
[1:17:29] | Going to church to get married on a scooter, that’s a hot one. | 开车赶去教堂结婚 |
[1:17:32] | Joe’s a wonderful liar. | 乔是个大话精 |
[1:17:43] | Congratulations. Congratulations. | 恭喜 恭喜 |
[1:17:58] | You don’t have to look so worried. I won’t hold you to it. | 别担心 我不会叫你娶我 |
[1:18:01] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[1:18:03] | You don’t have to be too grateful! | 别这么说 |
[1:18:05] | Okay, I won’t. | 好了 我说错了 |
[1:18:09] | I’m a good liar, too, aren’t I, Mr. Bradley? | 我是个大话精 是吗 布拉德利先生 |
[1:18:12] | The best I ever met. | 超级大话精 |
[1:18:15] | Thank you very much. | 过奖了 |
[1:18:19] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[1:18:27] | The mouth of truth. | 真实之口 |
[1:18:29] | The legend is that if you’re given to lying and put your hand in there, | 传说若你说谎 把手放进去的话 |
[1:18:33] | it’ll be bitten off. | 它会咬断你的手 |
[1:18:35] | What a horrid idea. | 真可怕 |
[1:18:37] | Let’s see you do it. | 你试试看 |
[1:19:04] | Let’s see you do it. | 你试试看吧 |
[1:19:09] | Sure. | 好的 |
[1:19:29] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:19:30] | You beast! | 你真可恶 |
[1:19:31] | It was perfectly all right! You never hurt your hand! | 没事 你的手不会有事的 |
[1:19:34] | I’m sorry. It’s just a joke. | 对不起 说笑而已 |
[1:19:37] | You never hurt your hand. | 你根本没受伤 |
[1:19:38] | I’m sorry. You okay? | 对不起 没事了 |
[1:19:41] | -Yes. -All right. Let’s go. | -没事了 -那走吧 |
[1:19:43] | Look out! | 小心 |
[1:19:54] | I’ll park at the corner. | 我在街角停车 |
[1:20:17] | What do they mean, all these inscriptions? | 这些铭文是什么意思 |
[1:20:21] | Well, each one represents a wish fulfilled. | 每一块匾代表一个愿望成真了 |
[1:20:25] | It all started during the war when there was an air raid right out here, | 这始自战时 在空袭期间 |
[1:20:28] | a man with his four children was caught in the street. | 有个男人带着四个孩子逃亡 |
[1:20:31] | They ran over against the wall right there for shelter | 他跑去这道墙找掩护 |
[1:20:34] | and prayed for safety. | 和求神庇佑 |
[1:20:36] | Bombs fell very close, but no one was hurt. | 炸弹落在附近 但没人受伤 |
[1:20:39] | Later on, the man came back and he put up the first of these tablets. | 后来 他回来挂上首个牌匾 |
[1:20:43] | Since then, it’s become a sort of a shrine. | 现在 这里就成为一个圣地 |
[1:20:45] | People come, and whenever their wishes are granted, | 人们来许愿 愿望成真后 |
[1:20:48] | they put up another one of these little plaques. | 他们回来另放牌匾 |
[1:20:52] | Lovely story. | 多有趣的故事 |
[1:20:57] | Read some of the inscriptions. | 看看这些铭文吧 |
[1:21:14] | Make a wish? | 在许愿吗 |
[1:21:17] | Tell the doctor? | 告诉医生 |
[1:21:19] | Anyway, the chances of it being granted are very slight. | 愿望成真的机会很渺茫 |
[1:21:25] | Well, what now? | 现在去哪里 |
[1:21:27] | I’ve heard of a wonderful place for dancing on a boat. | 听说有船上舞会 |
[1:21:30] | You mean, the barges down by Sant’Angelo? | 你指安哲罗吗 |
[1:21:32] | Yes, couldn’t we go there tonight? | 我们可以去吗 |
[1:21:33] | -Why not? -Anything you wish. | -有何不可 -如你所愿 |
[1:21:36] | And then at midnight, I’ll turn into a pumpkin | 午夜会有南瓜车 |
[1:21:39] | and drive away in my glass slipper. | 接这灰姑娘走 |
[1:21:42] | And that’ll be the end of the fairytale. | 那是童话故事的结局 |
[1:21:44] | Well, I guess Irving has to go now. | 艾文要先走了 |
[1:21:47] | I do? | 是吗 |
[1:21:48] | Yes, you know, that big business development of yours | 对 你要跟人家 |
[1:21:50] | that you have to attend to? | 谈大生意 |
[1:21:53] | Oh, the development. | 大生意 |
[1:21:54] | Yes, can’t afford not to take care of that. | 不能爽约 |
[1:21:56] | Yeah. I’ll see you later, Smitty. | 再见了 史密斯 |
[1:21:59] | -Good luck with the big development. -Thanks. | -祝大生意谈得顺利 -谢谢 |
[1:22:27] | Two, please. | 两位 |
[1:23:43] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:23:45] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:24:02] | Mr. Bradley, if you don’t mind my saying so, | 布拉德利先生 若你不介意 |
[1:24:04] | I think you are a ringer. | 我觉得你是个铃音 |
[1:24:07] | A what? | 什么 |
[1:24:10] | Thanks very much. | 过奖了 |
[1:24:11] | You’ve spent the whole day doing things I’ve always wanted to. | 你陪了我一整天 |
[1:24:15] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:24:17] | I don’t know. It seemed the thing to do. | 不知道 这是该做的事 |
[1:24:19] | I’ve never heard of anybody so kind. | 我从未见过你这种大好人 |
[1:24:23] | It wasn’t any trouble. | 小意思 |
[1:24:25] | Or so completely unselfish. | 你实在慷慨无私 |
[1:24:34] | Let’s have a drink at the bar. | 我们去酒吧喝东西吧 |
[1:24:42] | There you are! | 你来了 |
[1:24:45] | I look for you a long time. I think maybe you not come. | 我四处找你 以为你不会来了 |
[1:24:50] | Off. All off! | 剪掉了 |
[1:24:51] | It’s nice without, isn’t it? | 不蓄胡子更好吧 |
[1:24:54] | Cool. | 不错 |
[1:24:55] | Very, very good. | 很好 |
[1:24:56] | This is Mr. Bradley. | 这位是布拉德利先生 |
[1:24:59] | I, Mario Delani. | 我是马里奥·狄兰 |
[1:25:01] | Old friends? | 老朋友吗 |
[1:25:02] | Yes. He cut my hair this afternoon. He invited me here tonight. | 是的 他中午替我剪头发 是他邀请我来这舞会的 |
[1:25:07] | Well, what did you say the name was? | 你叫什么呢 |
[1:25:09] | Delani. Mario Delani. | 狄兰 马里奥·狄兰 |
[1:25:11] | Mario Delani. I’m very glad to know you. | 马里奥·狄兰 很高兴认识你 |
[1:25:14] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[1:25:18] | May I enjoy myself. The pleasure. Do you mind? | 能赏脸跟我跳支舞吧 你不介意吧 |
[1:25:23] | No, no. Go right ahead. | 不 不 请便 |
[1:25:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:25:50] | -Did I miss anything? -You’re just in time, pal. | -我错过了什么吗 -你来得很及时 伙计 |
[1:25:53] | Who’s Smitty dancing with? | 她在跟谁跳舞 |
[1:25:55] | The barber. | 她的理发师 |
[1:25:57] | Cut her hair this afternoon. Made a date for tonight. | 今午他替她剪发 还请她来舞会 |
[1:26:00] | The princess and the barber. | 公主和理发师 |
[1:27:12] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[1:27:43] | August. | 奥吉斯 |
[1:27:53] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[1:27:58] | Bye. | 再见 |
[1:28:12] | Your Highness. | 公主殿下 |
[1:28:16] | You’ll dance quietly towards the entrance. | 慢慢走到入口那边 |
[1:28:18] | There is a car waiting. | 有车在等你 |
[1:28:20] | -No. -Your Highness, please. | -不 -公主殿下 |
[1:28:22] | You’ve made a mistake. | 你认错人了 |
[1:28:25] | Let me go. Will you let me go? | 放手 放我走吧 |
[1:28:27] | Mr. Bradley! Let me go, will you? Mr. Bradley! | 布拉德利先生 放手 布拉德利先生 |
[1:28:57] | Let go! | 放手 |
[1:29:00] | You. | 你 |
[1:29:47] | Hit him again, Smitty! | 再打他一下 史密斯 |
[1:29:58] | -Joe, here are my car keys. -The police. The police. Come on. | -乔 这是我的车钥匙 -警察 警察 快 |
[1:30:01] | The other side of the bridge. | 到桥的另一边去 |
[1:31:14] | All right? | 没事吧 |
[1:31:16] | Fine. How are you? | 没事 你呢 |
[1:31:17] | Fine. | 没事 |
[1:31:24] | Say, you know, you were great back there. | 刚才你真是大显身手 |
[1:31:26] | You weren’t so bad yourself. | 你也很厉害 |
[1:31:58] | I guess we’d better get Irving’s car and get out of here. | 我想我们还是走吧 |
[1:32:22] | This is The American Hour from Rome, | 这是”美国时光” |
[1:32:24] | continuing our program of musical selections. | 继续播放精选好歌 |
[1:32:52] | Everything ruined? | 衣服破了吗 |
[1:32:53] | No. They’ll be dry in a minute. | 没 晾干了就没事了 |
[1:33:00] | Suits you. | 很合身 |
[1:33:01] | You should always wear my clothes. | 你该多穿我的衣服 |
[1:33:04] | It seems I do. | 没错 |
[1:33:11] | I thought a little wine might be good. | 喝点酒会好点的 |
[1:33:15] | Shall I cook something? | 我能煮东西吃吗 |
[1:33:17] | No kitchen. Nothing to cook. I always eat out. | 没有厨房 我常在外边吃饭 |
[1:33:21] | Do you like that? | 你喜欢这样吗 |
[1:33:23] | Life isn’t always what one likes. | 人生总不如人愿的 |
[1:33:26] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[1:33:29] | No, it isn’t. | 没错 |
[1:33:40] | -Tired? -A little. | -累了 -有一点 |
[1:33:42] | You’ve had quite a day. | 你奔波了一天 |
[1:33:43] | A wonderful day. | 难忘的一天 |
[1:33:45] | This is The American Hour from Rome, | 这是”美国时光” |
[1:33:46] | broadcasting a special news bulletin in English and Italian. | 现在送上特别新闻报导 |
[1:33:50] | Tonight, there is no further word | 今晚 安公主 |
[1:33:51] | from the bedside of Princess Ann in Rome, | 欧洲之行尾段 |
[1:33:54] | where she was taken ill yesterday | 公主突然抱恙 |
[1:33:55] | on the last leg of her European goodwill tour. | 迄今没有进一步的消息 |
[1:33:59] | This has given rise to rumors that her condition may be serious, | 传闻她的病情严重 |
[1:34:02] | which is causing alarm and anxiety among the people in her country. | 令其国民为之担忧 |
[1:34:09] | -The news can wait till tomorrow. -Yes. | -明天再听新闻吧 -好的 |
[1:34:12] | May I have a little more wine? | 我可以再喝点酒吗 |
[1:34:17] | I’m sorry I couldn’t cook us some dinner. | 真可惜我不能煮一顿晚饭 |
[1:34:21] | Did you learn how in school? | 你在学校学烹饪吗 |
[1:34:23] | I’m a good cook. | 我厨艺了得 |
[1:34:25] | I could earn my living at it. | 我可以此维生 |
[1:34:26] | I can sew, too, and clean a house and iron. | 我也懂缝衣 打扫 熨衣服 |
[1:34:29] | I learned to do all those things. | 家里的杂务我样样精通 |
[1:34:31] | I just haven’t had the chance to do it for anyone. | 只是从没有机会为别人做 |
[1:34:39] | Well, it looks like I’ll have to move | 看来我要搬家了 |
[1:34:44] | and get myself a place with a kitchen. | 该搬去有厨房的地方 |
[1:34:51] | Yes. | 对 |
[1:35:18] | I shall have to go now. | 我要走了 |
[1:35:36] | Anya. | 安雅 |
[1:35:40] | There’s something that I want to tell you. | 我有话要对你说 |
[1:35:48] | No, please. | 别说 |
[1:35:50] | Nothing. | 什么都别说 |
[1:36:06] | I must go and get dressed. | 我要去换衣服了 |
[1:36:48] | Stop at the next corner, please. | 在下个街口停车 |
[1:36:51] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:37:09] | Here? | 这里吗 |
[1:37:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:37:22] | I have to leave you now. | 现在我要离开你 |
[1:37:30] | I’m going to that corner there and turn. | 我会在那街角转身走 |
[1:37:36] | You must stay in the car and drive away. | 你留在这里 开车离开吧 |
[1:37:45] | Just drive away and leave me, | 答应我目送我离开好吗 |
[1:37:50] | as I leave you. | 各走各的路 |
[1:37:58] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:38:02] | I don’t know how to say good-bye. | 我不知道该如何道别 |
[1:38:08] | I can’t think of any words. | 我说不出话来 |
[1:38:12] | Don’t try. | 那就别说 |
[1:40:07] | Your Royal Highness, 24 hours, they can’t all be blank. | 公主殿下 24小时不会一片空白 |
[1:40:16] | They are not. | 当然了 |
[1:40:19] | But what explanation am I to offer Their Majesties? | 我该怎么跟国王 王后交代 |
[1:40:23] | I was indisposed. I am better. | 我身体不适 现在好多了 |
[1:40:29] | Ma’am, you must appreciate that I have my duty to perform, | 殿下 你得体谅我要尽忠职守 |
[1:40:34] | just as Your Royal Highness has her duty. | 正如公主也有其职责 |
[1:40:37] | Your Excellency, I trust you will not find it necessary | 大人 我相信你 |
[1:40:41] | to use that word again. | 不会再这么说 |
[1:40:43] | Were I not completely aware of my duty to my family and my country, | 若我不清楚自己对国和家的责任 |
[1:40:49] | I would not have come back tonight, | 今晚我就不会回来 |
[1:40:57] | or, indeed, ever again. | 或该说永不会再回来 |
[1:41:07] | And now, since I understand we have a very full schedule today, | 我明白今天的工作会十分忙碌 |
[1:41:14] | you have my permission to withdraw. | 现在你们可以退下了 |
[1:41:33] | No milk and crackers. | 不吃饼干和喝牛奶 |
[1:41:43] | That will be all, thank you, Countess. | 你可以回去休息了 谢谢 伯爵 |
[1:42:47] | Is it true? Did you really get it? | 真的吗 你真的完成了吗 |
[1:42:49] | Did I get what? | 我完成了吗 |
[1:42:50] | The princess story. The exclusive. Did you get it? | 公主的独家专访 完成了吗 |
[1:42:53] | No, no, I didn’t get it. | 没 没有 |
[1:42:54] | What? But that’s impossible. | 什么 不可能 |
[1:42:56] | Have a cup of coffee or something? | 喝咖啡吗 |
[1:42:58] | -Joe, you can’t hold out on me. -Who’s holding out on you? | -乔 你别想耍我 -谁在耍你 |
[1:43:00] | -You are. -What are you talking about? | -是你 -你在说什么 |
[1:43:01] | I know too much. | 我才不笨 |
[1:43:03] | First, you come into my office | 一开始 你来我办公室 |
[1:43:04] | and ask about an exclusive on the princess. | 是你说要做专访 |
[1:43:06] | Next, you disappear. | 然后 你就不见了 |
[1:43:07] | Then I get the rumor from my contact at the embassy | 传闻公主没生病 |
[1:43:10] | that the princess isn’t sick at all and she’s out on the town. | 她是从大使馆溜了出来 |
[1:43:13] | You believe every two-bit rumor that comes your way? | 你相信这些无聊的传闻吗 |
[1:43:16] | Yeah, and a lot of other rumors | 但传闻多多 |
[1:43:18] | about a shindig on a barge down by the river | 河边的船上舞会 |
[1:43:21] | and the arrest of eight Secret Service men | 还有八个 |
[1:43:23] | from a country which shall be nameless. | 神秘的特工被捕 |
[1:43:25] | And then comes the news of the lady’s miraculous recovery. | 接着她突然康复 |
[1:43:28] | It all ads up. | 全都有迹可寻 |
[1:43:30] | And don’t think by playing hard to get you’ll raise the price of that story. | 你休想坐地起价 |
[1:43:33] | A deal’s a deal. | 我们早有协议 |
[1:43:35] | Now, come on, come on, where is that story? | 快点 快点 专访呢 |
[1:43:39] | I have no story. | 没有专访 |
[1:43:43] | -Then what was the idea of. -Joe! | -那你怎么解释 -乔 |
[1:43:47] | -Man, wait till you see these. -Irving. | -有好东西看 -艾文 |
[1:43:50] | Hiya, Mr. Hennessy. You got here at the right time. | 你好 亨尼西先生 你来得正是时候 |
[1:43:52] | -Irving. -Wait till you get a look. | -艾文 -等你来看 |
[1:43:55] | What’s the idea? | 怎么了 |
[1:43:57] | What do you mean charging in here and spilling things all over my place? | 你闯到这来 还打翻东西 |
[1:43:59] | Who’s spilling? | 谁打翻 |
[1:44:00] | You did. I spoke to you about that once before. | 你 我早警告过你 |
[1:44:02] | Don’t you remember? | 记得吗 |
[1:44:04] | Joe, look at my pants. | 乔 看看我的裤子 |
[1:44:05] | Yeah, you’d better come in here and dry them off, Irving. | 快把裤子弄干 艾文 |
[1:44:07] | Nuts to that. | 免了 |
[1:44:09] | -Hey, did you tell him about Smitty? -Irving. | -你跟他说了史密斯的事吗 -艾文 |
[1:44:11] | Smitty? | 史密斯 |
[1:44:12] | -Mr. Hennessy. -Irving. | -亨尼西先生 -艾文 |
[1:44:15] | There you go again, Irving. | 你又来了 艾文 |
[1:44:20] | Joe. | 乔 |
[1:44:22] | -All right, save that till later. -Listen. | -好了 你省省吧 -听着 |
[1:44:23] | You’re here early, anyway. Why don’t you go home and shave? | 你来早了 你何不回家刮胡子 |
[1:44:27] | Shave? | 刮胡子 |
[1:44:28] | Yeah, or else keep quiet till Mr. Hennessy and I are finished talking. | 或是在我们谈完公事前保持安静 |
[1:44:32] | Hey, what kind of a routine is that? | 你们究竟在搞什么鬼 |
[1:44:35] | What are you two guys up to? Who’s Smitty? | 你们两个好了 谁是史密斯 |
[1:44:37] | He’s a guy that we met. You wouldn’t care for him. | 普通朋友 你没必要关心他 |
[1:44:39] | What am I supposed to look at? | 这是什么 |
[1:44:40] | No, just a couple of Irving’s dames. You wouldn’t like them. | 艾文的妞儿 你不会喜欢的 |
[1:44:44] | Maybe you would. | 也许你会喜欢 |
[1:44:46] | Don’t change the subject. When you came back into my office yesterday. | 别扯开话题 昨天你说 |
[1:44:49] | Yeah, I know, yesterday at noon, I thought I had a good lead, | 是的 昨天中午 我有猛料内幕 |
[1:44:51] | but I was wrong. | 但我弄错了 |
[1:44:53] | That’s all there is to it. There is no story. | 根本没什么猛料 没什么 |
[1:44:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:45:00] | She’s holding the press interview today. Same time, same place. | 公主今天要开记者会 老时间 老地点 |
[1:45:03] | Maybe that’s one story you can get. | 你要将功补过 |
[1:45:07] | And you owe me 500 bucks! | 你还欠我五百美元 |
[1:45:09] | Take it out of my salary, 50 bucks a week. | 每周扣五十元薪金 |
[1:45:12] | Don’t think I won’t. | 我当然会 |
[1:45:17] | Hey, what gives? | 怎么了 |
[1:45:19] | Have we had a better offer? | 有人开更高的价 |
[1:45:20] | Irving, I don’t know just how to tell you this, but. | 艾文 我不知道该怎么说 但是 |
[1:45:26] | Wait till I sit down. | 先让我坐下来 |
[1:45:30] | Well, in regard to the story that goes with these, | 这个独家专访 还有这些照片 |
[1:45:37] | there is no story. | 都没用处了 |
[1:45:40] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[1:45:43] | I mean, not as far as I’m concerned. | 总之就是没专访了 |
[1:45:58] | Hey, the pictures came out pretty well. You want to have a look at them? | 照片很漂亮 你先看一下吧 |
[1:46:14] | How about a blowup from a negative that size? | 这种相机竟能拍得好照片 |
[1:46:20] | -That’s her first cigarette. -Oh, yeah. At Rocca’s. | -首次吸烟 -对 在罗卡咖啡店 |
[1:46:22] | Hey, the mouth of truth. | 真实之口 |
[1:46:26] | Oh, you want to know the caption I had in mind there? | 我已想到标题 |
[1:46:28] | “Barber cuts in.” | 理发师剃你眼眉 |
[1:46:32] | Well, here’s the one I figured would be the key shot for the layout. | 这张照片是重点所在 |
[1:46:35] | “The wall where wishes come true.” | “愿望成真之墙” |
[1:46:38] | Joe, that’s good. | 乔 好主意 |
[1:46:39] | Lead off with that, then follow up with the wishes. | 先是趣事照片 然后是愿望墙 |
[1:46:43] | I dug that up out of the file. | 我从档案找出来 |
[1:46:45] | “Princess inspects police.” | “公主检阅警队” |
[1:46:48] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:46:50] | “Police inspects princess.” | “警察检阅公主” |
[1:46:53] | How about it? | 意下如何 |
[1:46:55] | -Joe, I got a topper for you. -Pretty good. | -乔 我给你一顶大礼帽 -很棒 |
[1:47:00] | -Is that a shot? -What a picture! | -还有更精彩的照片 -厉害 |
[1:47:02] | Is that a shot, Joe? | 不同凡响吧 乔 |
[1:47:04] | “Bodyguard gets body blow.” | “保镖自身难保” |
[1:47:06] | Yeah. No, how about this? | 不 这个吧 |
[1:47:08] | “Crowned head.” | “公主为你加冕” |
[1:47:10] | I get it! That’s. Joe, you got. | 说得好 乔 你 |
[1:47:19] | She’s fair game, Joe. | 这种报导没不妥当 乔 |
[1:47:22] | It’s always open season on princesses. | 公主是公众人物 |
[1:47:27] | You must be out of your mind. | 你定是疯了 |
[1:47:29] | Yeah, I know, but. | 我知道 但是 |
[1:47:31] | Well, look, I can’t prevent you from selling the pictures if you want to. | 若你要卖这些照片 我阻止不了你 |
[1:47:36] | -You’ll get a good price for them. -Yeah! | -你可以赚一大笔 -对 |
[1:47:46] | You going to the interview? | 你去记者会吗 |
[1:47:49] | Are you going? | 你呢 |
[1:47:50] | Yeah. It’s an assignment, isn’t it? | 去 这是我的工作 不是吗 |
[1:47:53] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:47:59] | I’ll see you. | 待会见 |
[1:48:16] | It ain’t much, but it’s home. | 这没什么 但始终是个家 |
[1:48:30] | Ladies and gentlemen, please approach. | 女士们 先生们 请上前来 |
[1:49:02] | Her Royal Highness. | 有请公主殿下 |
[1:49:33] | Your Royal Highness, the ladies and gentlemen of the press. | 公主殿下 这是各界传媒人士 |
[1:50:14] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[1:50:15] | Her Royal Highness will now answer your questions. | 公主殿下现在会回答你们的问题 |
[1:50:18] | I believe at the outset, Your Highness, | 公主殿下 我相信 |
[1:50:21] | that I should express the pleasure of all of us | 首先我要代表大家说 |
[1:50:25] | at your recovery from the recent illness. | 喜见你急病痊愈身体无恙 |
[1:50:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:50:32] | Does Your Highness believe that federation would be | 公主殿下认为 |
[1:50:36] | a possible solution to Europe’s economic problems? | 联盟有助解决欧洲经济问题吗 |
[1:50:41] | I am in favor of any measure | 我支持任何 |
[1:50:44] | which would lead to closer cooperation in Europe. | 促进欧洲各国紧密合作的措施 |
[1:50:49] | And what, in the opinion of Your Highness, | 公主殿下又怎么看 |
[1:50:52] | is the outlook for friendship among nations? | 欧洲各国未来的邦交 |
[1:50:56] | I have every faith in it, | 我对此充满信心 |
[1:51:01] | as I have faith in relations between people. | 正如我对人与人之间的关系一样 |
[1:51:10] | May I say, speaking for my own press service, | 请容我代表我们报馆发言 |
[1:51:16] | we believe that Your Highness’s faith will not be unjustified. | 我们相信殿下这种信心不会白费 |
[1:51:24] | I am so glad to hear you say it. | 很高兴听见你这么说 |
[1:51:30] | Which of the cities visited did Your Highness enjoy the most? | 殿下最喜欢哪个城市 |
[1:51:43] | Each in its own way. | 每个城市都有 |
[1:51:48] | Each in its own way was unforgettable. | 每个城市都有令人难忘之处 |
[1:51:53] | It would be difficult to. | 很难说哪个 |
[1:51:57] | Rome. | 罗马 |
[1:51:59] | By all means, Rome. | 我最爱罗马 |
[1:52:05] | I will cherish my visit here in memory as long as I live. | 我在罗马的日子定会毕生难忘 |
[1:52:18] | Despite your indisposition, Your Highness? | 殿下 即使你在期间抱恙吗 |
[1:52:24] | Despite that. | 没错 |
[1:52:26] | Photographs may now be taken. | 现在可以拍照了 |
[1:52:58] | Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you very much. | 谢谢 女士们 先生们 谢谢 |
[1:53:03] | I would now like to meet | 现在我想认识 |
[1:53:04] | some of the ladies and gentlemen of the press. | 一些传媒朋友 |
[1:53:23] | Hitchcock, Chicago Daily News. | 希区科克 芝加哥日报 |
[1:53:26] | -I’m so happy to see you here. -Thank you. | -很高兴认识你 -谢谢 |
[1:53:31] | Scanziani, de La Suisse. | 斯根安尼 瑞士日报 |
[1:53:36] | Klinger, Deutsche Presse-Agentur. | 克林格 德国时报 |
[1:53:42] | Maurice Montabre, Le Figaro. | 莫里斯·蒙特布里 费加罗杂志 |
[1:53:51] | Sytske Galema, De Linie, Amsterdam. | 希斯克·嘉丽玛 阿姆斯特丹报 |
[1:53:57] | Jacques Ferrier, Ici Paris. | 雅克斯·费里 巴黎时尚 |
[1:54:03] | Gross, Davar, Tel Aviv. | 格罗斯 新资电台 |
[1:54:09] | Cortes Cavanillas, ABC, Madrid. | 科尔特斯·卡维拉斯 马德里ABC电视台 |
[1:54:16] | Lampe, New York Herald-Tribune. | 兰波 纽约信报 林柏 |
[1:54:18] | -Good afternoon. -Good afternoon. | -午安 -午安 |
[1:54:22] | Irving Radovich, CR Photo Service. | 艾文·雷德维奇 CR摄记 |
[1:54:25] | How do you do? | 幸会 |
[1:54:28] | May I present Your Highness with some commemorative photos | 请公主殿下收下这些 |
[1:54:32] | of your visit to Rome? | 罗马照片作纪念 |
[1:54:39] | Thank you so very much. | 非常感谢你 |
[1:54:51] | Joe Bradley, American News Service. | 乔·布拉德利 美国新报 |
[1:54:56] | So happy, Mr. Bradley. | 幸会 布拉德利先生 |
[1:55:02] | Moriones, La Vanguardia de Barcelona. | 莫纳斯 巴塞罗那卫报 |
[1:55:08] | Stephen House of The London Exchange Telegraph. | 史提芬·豪斯 伦敦电报 |
[1:55:12] | Good afternoon. | 午安 |
[1:55:15] | De Aldisio, Agence Presse. | 德·艾狄斯奥 通讯社 |