英文名称:Wild
年代:2014
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:40] | God. | 天啊 |
[01:42] | Okay. Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:45] | “I’d rather be a hammer than a nail.” | “我宁可当铁锤也不当铁钉” |
[01:59] | No. | 不 |
[02:02] | No. | 不 |
[02:16] | Fuck you, bitch! | 该死的混蛋 |
[02:58] | -Good luck. -Thanks. | -好运 -谢谢 |
[03:06] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[03:08] | I need a room for the night. | 我想要个房间 |
[03:10] | $18. | 18美元 |
[03:12] | Unless, uh, you have a companion joining you later. | 除非…一会儿还有人跟你合住 |
[03:14] | If you have a companion, it’s more. | 如果有人一起住那就要多收一些 |
[03:15] | I don’t have a companion. | 我就一个人 |
[03:17] | So it’s $18. | 那就18块 |
[03:21] | For now. | 暂时的 |
[03:23] | It’ll stay $18. | 就18块不变了 |
[03:26] | Unless someone comes later. | 如果一会儿有人来呢 |
[03:28] | Which he won’t. | 不会的 |
[03:30] | He may. | 也许呢 |
[03:31] | To throw out certain evidence obtained at O.J. Simpson’s house. | 否定了在辛普森家发现的确凿证据 |
[03:36] | Um, I’m hiking the PCT. | 我在太平洋山脊径徒步旅行 |
[03:39] | And, um, I don’t have a license plate number or an address. | 我也没有地址和车牌号 |
[03:43] | Just put down your folks’ address. | 那就把你家的地址写上 |
[04:02] | -Hello. -Hey. | -喂 -嘿 |
[04:05] | Oh, hey. | 噢 嘿 |
[04:07] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[04:09] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[04:10] | Y-You in Mojave? | 你在莫哈韦 |
[04:12] | Yeah. Um, I used your address | 是的 呃 我刚用了你的地址 |
[04:14] | as my address on the registration form ’cause I… | 来填登记表因为我… |
[04:18] | I couldn’t think of anything else. | 我想不到其他人的了 |
[04:19] | No, that’s cool. Anytime. | 没关系的 随便用 |
[04:23] | Hey, if you see my little brother, | 嘿 如果你看到我弟弟了 |
[04:25] | will you let him know where I am? | 你可以告诉他我在哪儿吗 |
[04:26] | Not that he would give a shit, but I just want him to know. | 虽然我知道他不会在意 但是我还是想让他知道 |
[04:29] | No, he does, he will. | 不 他会关心的 |
[04:32] | Um, listen, I’m making dinner for a friend, and, uh… | 听着 我在为一朋友做晚餐 然后呢… |
[04:35] | Oh. Which friend? | 噢 哪个朋友 |
[04:39] | Does it make any difference? | 有关系吗 |
[04:42] | You know, I only called because I was looking for Leif. | 你知道 我打电话只是因为我想找列夫 |
[04:46] | No, I want you to call. I want you to call. | 不 我想让你打过来的 |
[04:48] | We’re friends, remember? | 我们是朋友 别忘记啦 |
[04:52] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[04:53] | No, I’m sorry. | 不是 我抱歉 |
[04:56] | For what? | 抱歉什么 |
[04:59] | I-I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:02] | I’m-I’m sorry, uh… | 对不起…呃 |
[05:06] | that you have to walk a thousand miles just to… | 让你走那么几千英里就为了… |
[05:11] | Finish that sentence. | 说完这句话 |
[05:14] | Why do I have to walk a thousand miles? | 为什么我要走这么远 |
[05:23] | Uh, do you have the list of addresses to write to? | 你有写信的地址薄嘛 |
[05:26] | Yeah. Yeah. | 有 有的 |
[05:27] | Do you want me to send anything else? | 你还想让我寄别的什么东西吗 |
[05:29] | Uh, no, thanks. | 呃 不 谢谢了 |
[05:31] | Aimee’s in charge of all the boxes. | 信箱是艾米管着的 |
[05:34] | Okay. Okay… | 好 好的 |
[05:36] | Um… | 呃 |
[05:38] | I got to go. | 我要挂了 |
[05:42] | Happy trails, Cheryl. | 旅途愉快 谢丽尔 |
[05:57] | Remember, you can quit anytime. | 记住你任何时候都可以选择放弃 |
[07:43] | Shit. | 该死的 |
[07:52] | Oh, my God. | 噢 天啊 |
[08:09] | Shit! | 可恶 |
[08:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:15] | So where are you going? | 那么你要去哪儿 |
[10:16] | I’m hiking the Pacific Crest Trail. | 我在太平洋山脊径这徒步旅行 |
[10:18] | It goes from the Mexican border up to Canada. | 这条路是从墨西哥边界到加拿大的 |
[10:21] | I’ll be walking for the next three months. | 我接下来的3个月里都会一直走路 |
[10:23] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[10:24] | Up to Ashland. | 一直到阿什兰 |
[10:26] | You do a lot of hiking? | 你经常徒步旅行吗 |
[10:27] | Well, I mean, | 嗯 我是说 |
[10:28] | I’m not obsessive, but this is quite a stretch, even for me. | 我不是很喜欢 但是这对我来说是一种放松的方式 |
[10:32] | I guess we’re gonna be the last human contact | 那我想可能 我们是 |
[10:34] | you have for a while, huh? | 你这段时间联系的最后两个人了吧 |
[10:36] | That’s true. | 没错 |
[10:50] | You can never | 你再也 |
[10:53] | Go home anymore | 回不了家了 |
[10:59] | Listen | 听 |
[11:00] | Does this sound familiar? | 这听起来耳熟吗 |
[11:03] | You wake up every morning | 你每天早上醒来 |
[11:05] | Go to school every day | 每天去学校 |
[11:08] | Spend your nights on the corner | 在街角度过夜晚 |
[11:10] | Just passing time away | 时间就这样逝去 |
[11:13] | Your life is so lonely | 人生如此孤独 |
[11:15] | Like a child without a toy | 像一个没了玩具的孩子 |
[11:18] | Then a miracle | 接着奇迹… |
[11:19] | A boy | 一个男孩出现 |
[11:24] | And that’s called “glad” | 他的名字叫”高兴” |
[11:28] | Never | 再也 |
[11:31] | Go home anymore | 回不了家 |
[11:36] | Now… | 现在 |
[11:44] | Love you, too, son. | 我也爱你 儿子 |
[12:47] | “if your Nerve, deny you, Go above your Nerve.” | “如果你的紧张使你害怕 那你就要超越它” |
[12:52] | Emily Dickinson. And Cheryl Strayed. | 艾米莉·迪金森以及谢丽尔·斯瑞德 |
[13:12] | Oh, my God. | 噢 天啊 |
[13:14] | What the fuck have I done? | 我干什么了 |
[13:18] | What… The fuck? | 什么… |
[13:22] | What… | 什么… |
[13:23] | The fuck? | 该死的 |
[13:25] | What the fuck? | 可恶 |
[13:35] | You can quit anytime. | 你可以随时放弃 |
[13:37] | You can quit… | 你可以随时… |
[13:39] | anytime. | 放弃 |
[13:41] | You can quit… | 你可以随时 |
[13:43] | anytime. | 放弃 |
[15:29] | Yes! | 好 |
[15:32] | Shit. | 可恶 |
[15:42] | Jesus fucking Christ. | 真是可恶 |
[15:44] | Yes, I would | 是的 我可以 |
[15:48] | If I could | 如果我可以 |
[15:51] | I surely would | 我当然能行 |
[16:29] | I thought of you today. | 我今天想起了你 |
[16:32] | I felt a burst of energy, | 我感觉到了能量的爆发 |
[16:35] | remembering why I thought I could hike this trail. | 还记得我为什么要来这次徒步旅行 |
[16:38] | I hope you won’t be mad at me if I quit. | 我希望如果我放弃了 你不要生我气 |
[16:48] | “Today a backhoe divulged out of a crumbling flank of earth, | “今日地球破碎的大地中挖出…” |
[16:52] | “one bottle amber, perfect, | “一瓶完美的琥珀” |
[16:54] | “a hundred-year-old cure for fever or melancholy… | “是忧郁或永远的百年良药…” |
[16:58] | “A tonic for living on this earth. | “亦或是活在地球上的补药” |
[17:02] | “Today I was reading about Marie Curie.” | “今天我读了玛丽·居里的书” |
[17:04] | “She died a famous woman, denying her wounds… | “她生前是个有名的女人 否认了她的伤…” |
[17:09] | “Denying her wounds came from the same source | “否认了来源相同的伤” |
[17:13] | “as her power.” | “化悲伤为力量” |
[17:17] | So, what did he say? | 那他说了什么 |
[17:18] | He said he was going to call you. | 他说他会打电话给你的 |
[17:19] | -Are you serious? -Yeah, I know. | -你开玩笑吗 -是的 我知道 |
[17:22] | Does he think we’re injunior high? | 他以为我们是初中 |
[17:24] | Exactly! | 是的 |
[17:25] | I think he’s going to ask for your number! | 我想他会找你要电话号码的 |
[17:28] | Bobbi? | 芭比 |
[17:30] | -Hey… -Hey… | -嘿 -嘿 |
[17:33] | -How’s it going? -Good. | -怎么样了 -很好 |
[17:35] | Hard but fun. | 很难但是有趣 |
[17:40] | All right. See you. | 好了 回头见 |
[17:42] | Yeah, cool. | 好的 |
[17:46] | I’m just gonna grab this for a second. | 这个我先拿走了 |
[17:52] | I’m sorry I ignored you at school today. | 很抱歉今天在学校冷落了你 |
[17:55] | That’s okay, hon. | 没关系的 亲爱的 |
[17:57] | We agreed, right? | 我们说好的 对吧 |
[17:58] | It’s pretty strange going to school with your mom. | 因为跟你妈妈一起上学感觉很奇怪 |
[18:02] | It’s not because I’m not proud of you. | 不是因为我不引你为自豪 |
[18:06] | I’m really proud of you. | 我非常以你为荣 |
[18:08] | You know what? I’m pretty proud of me, too. | 你知道吗 我也以你为荣 |
[18:12] | God, there’s so much to know. | 天啊 要学的东西太多了 |
[18:14] | I mean, I knew there was a lot, but… | 我是说 我知道有很多 但是… |
[18:16] | not this much. | 也不是这么多 |
[18:18] | -You’ve read Erica Jong, right? -Mm-hmm. | -你读了艾丽卡·琼的书 对吧 -嗯 |
[18:20] | Okay, so tell me about the zipless fuck. | 好 那么给我讲讲陌生性行为 |
[18:23] | Mom, lam not gonna discuss zipless fucks with you. | 妈妈 我才不要跟你讨论这个话题 |
[18:26] | Uh, you have to, ’cause I have to write a paper about it. | 你不得不 因为我要写关于这个东西的论文 |
[18:30] | I mean, you know, is it… | 我是说 你知道… |
[18:31] | -This is so awkward. -…that much easier for women now | -太尴尬了 -是不是对于这个年龄的女性 |
[18:33] | -than it was before? -I don’t know. | -更为简单一些呢 -我不知道 |
[18:35] | Can we not discuss this? | 我们能不能不讨论这个 |
[18:36] | Well, for me, it felt like it was always covered in zips. | 这个嘛 对我来说 就像是拉链 |
[18:40] | Zips, strings, everywhere I went. | 拉链 链子 还有我去过的地方 |
[18:43] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[18:44] | What’s for dinner, Mom? I’m starving. | 晚餐吃什么 妈妈 我饿死了 |
[18:45] | Books and essays. | 吃书和论文吧 |
[18:47] | I can fix something. | 我可以琢磨点东西出来的 |
[18:48] | Are you gonna stay, Wayne? You want something to eat? | 你要留下来吗 韦恩 你想吃点什么 |
[18:51] | -Um, sure. -Mom, they are 18 years old. | -当然了 -妈 他们都是18岁的人了 |
[18:53] | They can cook their own dinner. | 他们可以自己做晚餐了 |
[18:54] | You’ve got a paper to write. | 你还有论文要写呢 |
[18:57] | If I can’t be a mom, then I can’t be a student, either. | 如果我做不好一个妈妈 我也做不好一个学生的 |
[19:00] | Rule book. | 书上说的 |
[19:01] | That’s ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 |
[19:02] | If she wants to make me dinner, then let her. | 如果她想给我做晚餐 那就让她做 |
[19:05] | I wonder, have you learned any of this | 我在想 你有没有学过 |
[19:07] | -that we’re reading? -You know, I have to do everything. | -我们读的东西 -你知道的我什么都要做 |
[19:09] | I want to do everything. | 因为我想把所有事都做了 |
[19:10] | I hope you do, too. | 我希望你也如此 |
[19:12] | Pasta? | 意面 |
[19:16] | “Denying her wounds | “否认她的伤” |
[19:17] | “came from her power. | “从她的力量而来” |
[19:21] | “Denying her wounds came from the same source as her power.” | “否认了来源相同的伤化悲伤为力量” |
[19:35] | And you want to travel blind… | 你想盲目的旅行 |
[20:07] | I’m not afraid. | 我不害怕 |
[20:10] | I’m not afraid. | 我不害怕 |
[20:30] | “Please ensure that you only use white gas | 请确保使用与此炉兼容的 |
[20:33] | “compatible with this stove. | 无铅汽油 |
[20:35] | “Other fuels may harm the equipment | 其他燃料可能会损毁设备” |
[20:37] | “and render it inoperable.” | 导致无法使用 |
[20:40] | Shit. | 该死的 |
[20:46] | Shit! | 可恶 |
[21:02] | Cold mush is great. | 冷饭也挺好的 |
[21:07] | Cold mush with nuts. | 冷饭加点坚果 |
[21:14] | Cold mush with tuna jerky. | 冷饭加牛肉干 |
[21:24] | Cold mush dreams. | 冷饭伴着梦想 |
[21:28] | Cold mush shit. | 冷饭伴着失落 |
[21:32] | I love cold mush. | 我喜欢冷饭 |
[21:36] | “What do you like to do when you’re not hiking, Cheryl?” | “你不徒步旅行的时候喜欢做什么呢 谢丽尔” |
[21:39] | I like to sit on a real toilet. | 我喜欢坐在马桶上 |
[21:43] | And flush. | 然后冲水 |
[21:45] | I like to cook food. | 我喜欢做饭 |
[21:47] | Eat food with other people. | 和其他人一起吃饭 |
[21:50] | People, that’s another thing I like. | 人 也是我喜欢的 |
[21:53] | I like talking to people, | 我喜欢跟人说话 |
[21:56] | listening to people. | 听人说话 |
[21:58] | Funny, that’s a hobby, one I hadn’t even realized I had. | 有意思的是 这个兴趣 是我自己都没意识到我有的 |
[22:04] | Until I decided to walk on my own through the fucking desert. | 一直到我决定自己徒步穿越这该死的沙漠时 才意识到 |
[22:20] | We got to feed you, kid. | 我们得养你 孩子 |
[22:31] | Should I stay or should I go? | 我该留该走 |
[22:42] | I’d rather be a sparrow than a snail | 我宁可当麻雀也不当蜗牛 |
[22:48] | Yes, I would | 是的 我宁愿如此 |
[23:00] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[23:04] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[23:15] | Hi! | 嗨 |
[23:17] | My name is Cheryl. | 我叫谢丽尔 |
[23:18] | I’m walking the PCT, and I’ve run out of food. | 我在太平洋山脊径徒步旅行 我没吃的了 |
[23:22] | I’m just wondering if you could take me someplace | 我在想你可不可以 |
[23:24] | I could get a warm meal. | 带我去一个能吃到热东西的地方 |
[23:26] | I’m working. | 我在工作呢 |
[23:29] | Yeah, I understand. Um… | 是的 我能理解 |
[23:31] | But maybe when you’re finished, you could take me somewhere? | 但是也许等你工作完了 你可以带我走一段吗 |
[23:35] | Not gonna find anything open this time of day. | 这个时候也找不到开门的饭馆 |
[23:38] | Well, maybe you could just drive me | 那么也许你可以带我去 |
[23:40] | to someplace that’d be open in the morning for breakfast, | 一个早上可能会开门的地方吃早餐 |
[23:42] | and I can camp nearby. | 然后我就可以在附近扎营 |
[23:45] | You must be starving. | 你一定很饿了 |
[23:47] | I brought all these dehydrated meals, and I brought a stove, | 我带的都是脱水的干货 然后我带了个炉子 |
[23:50] | but I brought the wrong fuel. | 但是结果燃料带错了 |
[23:51] | Yeah, I got a little bit more work to do, | 行 我还有一些活儿要干 |
[23:54] | but you can wait in my truck. | 但是你可以在我车上等我 |
[23:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:58] | -Thank you, sir. -Yeah. | -谢谢你 先生 -没事 |
[24:41] | All right, I’ve been thinking. | 好的 我一直在想 |
[24:44] | You can come back to my place | 你可以回我的地方 |
[24:47] | for a hot dinner and a hot shower. | 吃一顿热饭洗个热水澡 |
[24:50] | Okay. | 好 |
[24:53] | So, what kind of woman are you? | 那么你是哪种女人 |
[24:57] | What kind? | 哪种 |
[24:58] | Yeah. Are you like a Jane? | 是啊 你和简一样的吗 |
[25:01] | You know, Tarzan’s Jane. | 你知道的 泰山的简 |
[25:03] | Are you a Jane? | 你是像那种女人吗 |
[25:04] | A wild woman? | 狂野的女人 |
[25:07] | I got a little something for us. | 我给我们准备了个小东西 |
[25:10] | That is, if you partake. | 如果你想一起分享的话 |
[25:12] | Sure. | 那当然 |
[25:15] | Ladies first. | 女士优先 |
[25:17] | -Oh. -It’s cheap, but it’s good. | -噢 -虽然很便宜 但是很好 |
[25:25] | See? | 瞧 |
[25:27] | -Thanks. -Yeah. | -谢谢 -嗯 |
[25:29] | I’m gonna call you Jane. | 那我就叫你简了 |
[25:33] | Yeah, my husband’s hiking the PCT with me. | 这个我老公跟我一起在太平洋山脊径徒步旅行的 |
[25:36] | He’s just a little bit further ahead on the trail. | 他只是比我走的快了一点 就在前面不远的地方 |
[25:39] | We’re gonna meet up really soon. | 我们很快就会见面了 |
[25:41] | Probably around Kennedy Meadows. | 可能在肯尼迪梅多斯那见 |
[25:42] | I got a little something else I like to do after a hard day’s work. | 一天的脏活儿做下来后 我通常喜欢做点别的事情 |
[25:51] | You like licorice? | 你喜欢甘草糖吗 |
[25:54] | Oh, thanks. | 噢 谢了 |
[25:56] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[25:57] | Come on, Jane! | 来嘛 简 |
[26:01] | All right, you got to promise | 好了 你得保证 |
[26:02] | that you’re not gonna tell my wife, | 你不会告诉我老婆 |
[26:04] | because she hates it when I eat candy. | 因为她很讨厌我吃糖 |
[26:07] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:36] | What, you just gonna stand there? | 什么 你就打算站在那里吗 |
[26:44] | Oh, um, hold on, sweetheart. | 噢 等下 亲爱的 |
[26:47] | No offense, but… | 无意冒犯 但是… |
[26:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[27:03] | Well, you just gonna look at it or… | 你是打算一直看着 还是… |
[27:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:09] | Good meal. | 丰盛 |
[27:23] | So,your husband, | 那么你老公 |
[27:25] | the two of you meet in college? | 你们两个是在大学认识的 |
[27:30] | -Your husband. -Oh, Paul? | -你的老公 -噢 保罗 |
[27:31] | -Yeah. -Yes. | -是的-嗯 |
[27:33] | Yeah. | 是 |
[27:34] | Well, he must be crazy. | 那么他一定很疯狂 |
[27:37] | It’s one thing for a man to take off on a hike like that, | 对于一个男人来说 做这样的徒步旅行是很神奇的 |
[27:40] | but to allow your wife to do it? | 但是让他老婆也这样 |
[27:42] | Whole other thing entirely. | 简直就是另一番情景了 |
[27:44] | Not everyone in the world thinks like you do, Frank. | 不是世界上所有人跟你想法都一样 弗兰克 |
[27:47] | Nope, that’s why everything is so messed up. | 是的 所以这就是为什么一切都很糟糕的原因 |
[27:51] | Paul and I kind of do our own thing. | 保罗和我算是比较独立的人 |
[27:56] | Don’t you get any ideas. | 你没有什么想法吗 |
[27:57] | How could I possibly? | 我怎么可能 |
[28:01] | You gonna take off with her? | 你要跟她一起走吗 |
[28:05] | You have an extra tent? | 你还有帐篷吗 |
[28:07] | You’d be yelling for me | 你还没有走到尽头 |
[28:08] | to come get you before you got to the end of the driveway. | 你肯定就会冲着我大喊让我接你回家了 |
[28:11] | This is really good. | 真好吃 |
[28:31] | Baby, baby, be my friend | 宝贝 宝贝 做我朋友 |
[28:46] | So, what does this tattoo mean to you guys, anyways? | 那么这个纹身对你们有什么意义呢 |
[28:49] | Well, we both just really dig horses. | 只是兴趣罢了 |
[28:53] | We’re getting divorced today | 我们今天要离婚了 |
[28:56] | and we thought we should do something | 然后我们想我们应该搞一点 |
[28:57] | that bonded us together. | 能让大家联系在一起的东西 |
[29:00] | Oh. | 噢 |
[29:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:06] | It hasn’t occurred to you guys that it might be easierjust to stay married? | 难道你们不觉得 不离婚是个更简单的办法吗 |
[29:11] | -Cheaper, too. -Mmm. | -也更便宜 -嗯 |
[29:13] | At least we probably won’t regret it. | 至少我们不会后悔 |
[29:15] | Couples don’t necessarily stay married, | 夫妇没必要一直在一起 |
[29:16] | but they tend to stay divorced. | 都更有离婚的倾向 |
[29:19] | You get a lot of people asking you about removing tattoos? | 你遇到过很多人找你洗掉纹身的嘛 |
[29:21] | Well, sometimes. | 有时候吧 |
[29:22] | I cheated on him. | 我出轨了 |
[29:28] | It happens. | 不算罕见 |
[29:30] | She seems sorry. | 她看起来很愧疚 |
[29:31] | I am sorry. | 我是很愧疚 |
[29:32] | Cheryl, come on, can we just… | 谢丽尔 拜托 我们能不能… |
[29:34] | Come on, man, wipe the slate clean. | 拜托 伙计 一笔勾销好了 |
[29:36] | Uh, it’s quite a big slate. | 呃 这笔账不算小 |
[29:38] | I cheated on him a lot of times. | 我出轨很多次了 |
[29:46] | Is that right? “Stryed”? | 对吧”斯莱德” |
[29:49] | Uh, no, it’s “strayed.” | 呃 不是”斯瑞德” |
[29:50] | Like a stray dog. | 发音像”流浪狗” |
[29:53] | The form asked me what my new last name would be. I… | 这张表让我填我的新姓是什么 我… |
[29:56] | I looked it up. | 我查了下 |
[29:58] | It just sounded right. | 发音是对的 |
[30:02] | You’re all set. | 都办好了 |
[30:05] | You’re going to have to mail them yourselves. | 你们得把这些东西寄给自己 |
[30:15] | It’s been a wonderful and crazy seven years. | 这7年很快乐也很疯狂 |
[30:32] | Goodbye, | 再见 |
[30:33] | Cheryl Strayed. | 谢丽尔·斯瑞德 |
[31:11] | Got what you needed? | 东西都带齐了吗 |
[31:12] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[31:14] | Now I don’t have to eat cold mush anymore. | 我现在可以不用吃冷饭了 |
[31:15] | I can eat hot mush. | 我可以吃热的了 |
[31:24] | There’s no husband, is there? | 根本就没老公这回事 对吧 |
[31:28] | No. I mean, there was, | 是没有 我是说 曾经有 |
[31:31] | but he’s in Minneapolis, not on the PCT. | 但是他在明尼阿波利斯 没来太平洋山脊径徒步旅行 |
[31:36] | I said that ’cause I was scared of you. | 我那样说是因为我害怕你 |
[31:39] | Yeah, I knew that. | 是的 我知道 |
[31:40] | Can’t say I blame you. | 不能怪你 |
[31:45] | Do you ever think about quitting? | 你就没有想过放弃吗 |
[31:46] | Oh, only once every two minutes or so. | 噢 当然有每次就几分钟而已 |
[31:50] | Everything hurts. All the time. | 一切都那么痛 一直以来都是 |
[31:54] | -You think I should quit? -Yes, I do. | -你觉得我应该放弃啊 -是的 |
[32:01] | Don’t listen to me. Hell, I’ve quit a bunch of stuff. | 别听我说 我是放弃了很多东西的人 |
[32:03] | Quit jobs, quit marriages. | 放弃了工作 放弃了婚姻 |
[32:05] | I’d have quit that hike after the first day. | 我其实第一天起就该放弃徒步旅行 |
[32:09] | You regret any of them? | 你后悔了吗 |
[32:11] | I didn’t have a choice. | 我也别无他选 |
[32:13] | I just couldn’t do them no more. | 我只是实在做不下去了 |
[32:16] | Never been a time when there was a fork in my road. | 遇到人生三岔口的时候 我总是选择放弃 |
[32:21] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[32:23] | That’s about the size of it. | 就看有多难选择吧 |
[32:27] | Be careful. | 小心点 |
[32:28] | -All right. -Nice meeting you. | -好的 -很高兴认识你 |
[32:30] | Nice meeting you. Thank you, Frank! | 很高兴认识你 谢谢 弗兰克 |
[32:58] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[33:07] | Okay. | 好的 |
[33:16] | Oh, my God. | 噢 天啊 |
[33:18] | Oh, my God! | 噢 天啊 |
[33:45] | You’re doing good, Strayed. | 你做的很好 斯特雷德 |
[33:47] | Five to seven miles a day. | 一天5到7英里 |
[33:50] | At this rate, you’ll be finished in about 20 years. | 照这样的速度 你大概要20年才能走完 |
[34:29] | I’m not hungry. | 我不饿 |
[34:32] | I don’t miss food. | 我不想吃东西 |
[34:35] | I don’t miss tacos, chips and guac. | 我不想念玉米片 薯片 还有鳄梨酱 |
[34:40] | I don’t miss Minneapolis snow, that’s for sure. | 我也不想念明尼阿波利斯的雪 这倒是真的 |
[34:44] | I don’t miss margaritas. | 我也不想玛格丽塔 |
[34:48] | I ‘d kill a snake for a sip. | 我会杀了那蛇来当小吃 |
[35:49] | It’s not like I’m some junkie. I’m in control. | 我不是有毒瘾的人 我可以控制的住 |
[35:51] | Yeah, like everyone is with drugs? | 是的 就像所有吸毒人那样吗 |
[35:53] | I’m an experimentalist. | 我是实验师 |
[35:55] | I’m the girl who says yes instead of no. | 我是一个不会拒绝的人 |
[36:26] | Uh, hi! | 呃 嗨 |
[36:28] | Cheryl Strayed? | 谢丽尔·斯瑞德 |
[36:30] | Oh, yeah, hi! | 噢 是的 嗨 |
[36:31] | I… Do I know you? | 我…认识你吗 |
[36:33] | I… I saw your name in the trail register. | 我…在之前徒步的登记处看到你的名字了 |
[36:36] | You’re the only woman in there. | 你是上面唯一一个女人 |
[36:37] | Right. | 对 |
[36:38] | I’m Greg! | 我是格雷格 |
[36:40] | Nice to meet you! | 很高兴见到你 |
[36:42] | I’m coming down. | 我要下来了 |
[36:44] | Oh, great! | 噢 好的 |
[36:48] | Sorry. I wasn’t expecting any visitors. | 抱歉 我没想到会有人来 |
[36:56] | So how many miles a day are you doing? | 那么你一天走多远呢 |
[36:58] | I’m averaging 22 at the moment. | 这几天平均22英里吧 |
[37:03] | You’ll be in Kennedy Meadows by tomorrow? | 那你明天就可以到肯尼迪了 |
[37:05] | Hope so. | 希望吧 |
[37:09] | I’m only managing about… | 我一天大概就… |
[37:11] | 11 or 12. | 11或者12英里 |
[37:13] | Uh, well, the first couple of weeks are always hard. | 是啊 前几周都比较难 |
[37:16] | And you do all that preparation and training, | 你要准备很多还有训练 |
[37:19] | and nothing prepares you for the pain and the heat. | 但是没有东西能让你适应痛苦和炎热 |
[37:24] | Yeah, we picked the wrong year, though. | 是的 虽然我们选错日子了 |
[37:26] | You, uh, bypassing the Sierra? | 你是要穿越山脊吗 |
[37:29] | Sure. | 是的 |
[37:30] | I’ll bypass anything. Should I? | 我什么都得穿越 是吧 |
[37:33] | Oh, it’s completely socked in. | 噢 那路被堵死了 |
[37:36] | Biggest snowfall in a decade or so. | 十年会有一次强降雪 |
[37:38] | Yeah, nobody’s getting through that. | 是的 没有人可以翻过那儿 |
[37:44] | Say,uh… | 要不… |
[37:45] | How ’bout we make a plan up in Kennedy Meadows? | 要不我们在肯尼迪梅多斯那里计划一下 |
[37:49] | I’m… I’m staying there for a few days to rest up. | 我是…要在那边休息一两天恢复一下 |
[37:52] | Yeah. | 好 |
[37:53] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[37:54] | Let’s make a plan. I… | 一起做个计划… |
[37:56] | Think that’d be good for me. | 我觉得对我也有好处 |
[37:58] | Great. | 好的 |
[38:16] | I think I’m pregnant. | 我想我怀孕了 |
[38:19] | What? | 什么 |
[38:22] | Who’s the father? | 谁是孩子他爹 |
[38:24] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[38:26] | Imean… | 我是说 |
[38:28] | I think I have an idea. | 我好像有个办法了 |
[38:30] | You have an idea? | 你有办法了 |
[38:32] | Are you fucking kidding me? | 你在开玩笑嘛 |
[38:35] | What are you doing to yourself? | 你要对自己做什么 |
[38:41] | Can we have the check, please? | 麻烦买一下单 |
[38:44] | Shit. Pregnancy test and a shovel. | 该死的 验孕和铁锹 |
[38:48] | You’re going to do this in front of me, and if you’re pregnant, | 你得在我面前做这个 如果你怀孕了 |
[38:50] | we’re gonna pay visit to your “idea” and make a plan. | 我们就看看你的”办法”咋样然后制定一个方案 |
[38:56] | Next please! | 下一位 |
[39:02] | Give me a reason to love you | 给我一个爱你的理由 |
[39:11] | This is the beginning | 这永远和曾经的 |
[39:13] | Of forever and ever | 开始 |
[39:24] | It’s time to move over | 是时候放下过去 |
[39:29] | It’s all I want to be | 这就是我想要的样子 |
[39:34] | Give me a reason to love you | 给我一个爱你的理由 |
[39:42] | Give me a reason to be | 给我一个理由… |
[39:49] | A woman | 女人 |
[39:55] | I just wanna be a woman | 我只是想做个女人 |
[39:58] | There’s no plan to make. | 本无计划可言 |
[40:01] | I’m not gonna have this baby. | 我不要这个孩子 |
[40:07] | I don’t know when I became such a piece of shit. | 我不知道我什么时候变成这样的人了 |
[40:10] | I was strong… | 我本来很坚强的… |
[40:13] | Responsible. | 很有责任心的 |
[40:15] | I wanted things in life. | 我想要充实的生活 |
[40:18] | I was good, you know? | 我曾经很好的 你知道吗 |
[40:21] | I ruined my marriage, | 我毁了我的婚姻 |
[40:22] | and now I’m ruining the rest of my life. | 而此刻我把我的余生也毁了 |
[40:27] | I gotta go back to that store. | 我要回到那间店 |
[40:31] | I’m gonna walk myself back to the woman | 我要变回我妈曾经心中的 |
[40:33] | my mother thought I was. | 那个女人 |
[40:37] | I’m gonna put myself in the way of beauty. | 我要让自己变得漂亮起来 |
[40:40] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[40:48] | In the way of another fucking giant rock. | 又是一堆巨大的岩石 |
[42:03] | Maybe your other girlfriends | 也许你另外一些女朋友们 |
[42:07] | Couldn’t pass the test | 没有通过检验 |
[42:16] | Come on, Bruce. Sing with me. | 拜托 布鲁斯跟我唱歌 |
[42:19] | Well, if you’re rough and ready for love | 如果你坚强准备好了爱情 |
[42:24] | Honey, I’m tougher than… | 亲爱的 我更坚强… |
[42:28] | The rest | 余生 |
[42:48] | Hey, there. | 嘿 你好 |
[42:54] | There she is! | 她来了 |
[42:56] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[42:57] | -You made it! -I made it! | -你成功了 -我成功了 |
[43:00] | Okay, guys? | 好了 伙计们 |
[43:02] | This is Cheryl. | 这位是谢丽尔 |
[43:03] | And Monster. | 还有怪兽 |
[43:05] | “Monster”? | “怪兽” |
[43:07] | My Pack? | 我的背包吗 |
[43:08] | Oh, man. | 噢 伙计 |
[43:11] | Okay, | 好吧 |
[43:13] | what can I get you? | 我可以帮到你什么 |
[43:16] | Snapple. I’ve been dreaming of Snapple Lemonade. | 饮料 我想喝柠檬水很多天了 |
[43:19] | And potato chips. Any kind of potato chips. | 还有薯片啥 薯片都可以 |
[43:22] | -Any kind? -Thank you. | -啥薯片都行 -谢谢 |
[43:23] | -I have cash. -No, no, no! My treat. | -我有现金 -不用了 我请客 |
[43:25] | Ah, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[43:29] | Seriously, you have no Snapple in that pack? | 说真的 你背包里没有柠檬水吗 |
[43:32] | I wish! | 我也希望有 |
[43:36] | Stay. | 别动 |
[43:37] | -Congratulations. -Thank you. | -恭喜 -谢谢 |
[43:38] | I wish I’d gotten applause like that when I walked in. | 我也希望我走到这里的时候 能跟你一样获得如此的喝彩 |
[43:42] | Okay! I know they said don’t feed the animals, | 好吧 他们说不要喂动物 |
[43:45] | but I figured this would be a special occasion. | 但我想这应该不算是的吧 |
[43:47] | One Snapple and chips. | 柠檬水和薯片 |
[43:50] | Ah! That’s perfect. | 太完美了 |
[43:54] | When you’re done here, Ed over there | 等你吃喝完了 艾德在那边 |
[43:55] | will cook you dinner down at the campsite. | 会在营地给你做晚餐的 |
[43:58] | That would be amazing. | 那太好了 |
[43:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[44:01] | Ed is amazing. We call him Amazing Ed. | 艾德很棒的 我们都叫他棒棒艾德 |
[44:18] | Sweetheart. | 亲爱的 |
[44:23] | If you’re reading this, then you’ve walked 100 miles | 如果你在读这个 那说明你已经在莫哈韦沙漠 |
[44:25] | through the Mojave Desert. | 走了100英里了 |
[44:27] | Whatever else has happened between us, | 我们之间发生的任何事情 |
[44:29] | however angry we are, or were, at each other, | 惹怒了我们 或者 说曾经惹怒了彼此 |
[44:31] | I am so proud of you and in awe of you. | 但我以你为荣也敬畏你 |
[44:35] | Or, I will be, once you’ve done it. | 或者 说我会敬畏你 一旦你成功后 |
[44:39] | As I write, you’ve only just left, | 我在写这封信的时候 你才刚刚出发 |
[44:40] | so actually, you’ve done almost nothing at all. | 实际上你就还没走多远 |
[44:43] | Like me! | 像我一样 |
[44:44] | So we can still be friends. | 所以我们还可以是朋友 |
[44:46] | Minneapolis misses you. | 明尼阿波利斯市想你了 |
[44:59] | Hey, Cheryl! | 嘿 谢丽尔 |
[45:02] | -Come and get it! -Okay, great! | -过来吃 -好的 很好 |
[45:04] | So you’re not a hiker? | 这么说你不是一个徒步者 |
[45:06] | Not like you. | 不像你一样 |
[45:08] | I just come up here every summer | 我就是每个夏天 |
[45:09] | to hang out with the real hikers. | 过来这里和真正的徒步者一起玩 |
[45:10] | You fascinate me. | 你吸引住我了 |
[45:13] | I’m not a real hiker. | 我不是一个真正的徒步者 |
[45:14] | You just hiked 100 miles through the desert heat. | 你已经穿越了100英里的沙漠热带区 |
[45:17] | And it nearly killed me. | 而也差点因此丧命 |
[45:21] | You want some help? | 你需要帮助吗 |
[45:24] | Do I look like somebody who needs help? | 我看起来像需要帮助的人吗 |
[45:29] | Your boots. They’re too small. | 你的鞋子太小了 |
[45:31] | That’s why you’re losing toenails. | 所以你的指甲才掉了 |
[45:34] | Yeah. You’re right. | 是的 你说的对 |
[45:37] | I only just realized it the second you said that. | 你不说我还没意识到这一点 |
[45:40] | I thought they were supposed to hurt that bad. | 我以为徒步就该这么痛苦呢 |
[45:42] | What am I supposed to do? | 那我应该怎么办 |
[45:43] | I don’t have any money to buy new boots. | 我也没有钱买新鞋子了 |
[45:45] | -Did you get them at REI? -Yeah. | -这是之前在户外用品商店买的吗 -是的 |
[45:47] | Well, you call ’em, | 那么 你跟他们打电话 |
[45:48] | you tell ’em, and they’ll have new boots | 告诉他们 他们就会把鞋子 |
[45:50] | sent to your next stop. | 送到你的下一站 |
[45:51] | -Seriously? -Mmm. | -真的吗 -嗯 |
[45:54] | And your pack, ifsinsane. | 你的背包 太恐怖了 |
[45:56] | We need to do a little pruning. | 我们得精简一下 |
[45:58] | Okay, so I’m gonna pick out | 好吧 我要把一些 |
[46:00] | the stuff that’s useless to you. | 你用不到的东西拿出来 |
[46:01] | And you can leave it in the free box | 然后你就放在 |
[46:03] | unless you can give me a good reason | 那个不用的箱子里除非你能给我一个理由 |
[46:04] | why you need it with you. | 你能用到它的地方 |
[46:06] | -Okay -Okay? | -好吗 -好的 |
[46:09] | Ah, how’s this working for you? | 这个对你有什么用 |
[46:11] | I stink. | 我常出臭汗 |
[46:13] | I stink all the time. And my armpits are the least of it. | 我总是出臭汗腋窝就让人受不了了 |
[46:17] | Are you having much fun with these? | 你还有闲情玩这些 |
[46:18] | I’ve never used them once. | 我还从没用过 |
[46:27] | I don’t know what I was thinking with the saw. | 我不知道我要锯子干什么 |
[46:34] | You burning what you read? | 你烧了书吗 |
[46:36] | You want me to burn books? | 你想要我把书烧掉 |
[46:37] | I know you’re not gonna become a Nazi, I promise you. | 反正你不会成为纳粹 我保证 |
[46:39] | But you are gonna make your pack a lot lighter. | 不过你的背包会轻很多 |
[46:42] | Okay? So… Everything before Kennedy Meadows… | 知道吗 去肯尼迪梅多斯之前… |
[46:49] | Wait. Not those. | 等下 这些不可以 |
[46:52] | These will never be burned. | 这些会烧掉的 |
[46:53] | It’s your weight. | 随便你 |
[46:57] | I don’t take pictures at night. | 晚上我不会拍照的 |
[47:01] | Never. | 没用过 |
[47:07] | You… You need the whole roll? | 你 你这要用这么多吗 |
[47:11] | What woman goes on a hike and brings 12 condoms. | 有哪个女人远足还要带12个避孕套的 |
[47:14] | HeY.Ed! | 嘿 艾德 |
[47:15] | Wait just a minute. | 稍等一下 |
[47:25] | But you’ll just send the boots there? | 不过你得寄双鞋子到那儿 |
[47:26] | I don’t have to do anything? | 我就不做什么了 |
[47:29] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢你 |
[47:30] | You will be my favorite company forever and ever. | 你永远都是我最好的伴侣 |
[47:34] | Okay. | 好的 |
[47:36] | Great. | 太好了 |
[47:53] | So what’s wrong with James Michener? | 詹姆斯 麦切纳怎么了 |
[47:55] | He’s crap is what’s wrong. | 他太多废话了 |
[47:57] | And which of his books have you read that are so… | 他的书你也看过 太… |
[47:59] | I haven’t read any of his books. | 我没有看过他的书 |
[48:00] | I read things like Adrienne Rich | 我一般读艾德丽安·里奇 |
[48:02] | and Flannery O’Connor. | 还有弗兰纳里·奥康纳的 |
[48:04] | Which you do, too, now, by the way. | 你不也读过嘛 |
[48:06] | Doesn’t it make a difference to you? | 对你没有什么影响吗 |
[48:08] | Um… I don’t know what to say. | 呃 我不知道怎么说 |
[48:11] | I love James Michener! | 我喜欢詹姆斯·麦切纳 |
[48:13] | And I’m not going to stop loving him! | 我会永远爱着他的 |
[48:17] | It must be so weird for you. | 你一定觉得很奇怪 |
[48:19] | What? | 什么 |
[48:22] | That I’m just so much more sophisticated than you were | 我经历的事比你经历的多得多 |
[48:24] | at my age, you know? | 在我这个年纪 你知道吗 |
[48:30] | Yeah, that was the plan. | 嗯 就是这么打算的 |
[48:33] | What was the plan? | 什么打算 |
[48:35] | I always wanted you to be more sophisticated than me. | 我一直都想让你比我经历更丰富 |
[48:39] | I just didn’t realize it would hurt sometimes. | 我只是没有想到有时候会受伤 |
[48:46] | Why do you put up with my crap? | 你为什么容忍我 |
[48:50] | You look so pretty in that dress. | 你穿这条裙子很漂亮 |
[48:54] | And I’ll make you another one soon. | 等下我再给你买一条 |
[48:59] | What’d you decide about the snow? | 要是下雪你打算怎么办 |
[49:01] | Well, I’d like to push on, if it’s possible. | 如果可能的话我要奋力前进 |
[49:04] | Well, Ed told me a lot of the hikers | 艾德跟我说很多背包客 |
[49:07] | went up the PCT another 40 miles to Trail Pass. | 去一个离太平洋山脊径40英里的地方 |
[49:09] | -Yeah? -And that’s where they’re getting forced off | -是吗 -他们因为大雪不得不在那里… |
[49:11] | by the snow. | 改变路线 |
[49:12] | And they’re catching a bus up to Reno and on to Truckee, | 然后坐巴士去里诺和特拉基 |
[49:15] | just, rejoining the trail at a lower elevation. | 再回到主干道 |
[49:18] | I didn’t come out here to ride buses. | 我来这儿不是坐巴士的 |
[49:21] | You probably didn’t come out here | 你也有可能还没到 |
[49:22] | to slide off the side of a mountain, either. | 就滑到山脚下了 |
[49:24] | True. | 没错 |
[49:26] | If you’re worried about cheating yourself, | 如果你还在为你自己的错忧虑的话 |
[49:28] | just make your hike longer. | 你可以再走久一点 |
[49:30] | You know, just, uh, walk to Mount Hood | 你知道 呃 你可以去胡德山 |
[49:33] | or the Bridge of the Gods. | 或者众神之桥 |
[49:36] | The Bridge of the Gods? | 众神之桥 |
[49:38] | I like the sound of that. | 这个名字不错 |
[49:42] | Either way, don’t beat yourself up. | 不管怎样 你都别自责了 |
[49:45] | You, uh, you strike me as someone | 你给我的感觉就是 |
[49:46] | who’s done plenty of that already. | 你已经很了不起了 |
[50:16] | Can I ride my horse? | 我可以骑一下我的马吗 |
[50:19] | Bobbi Grey? | 芭比·格雷 |
[50:23] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[50:25] | -How long? -Can I ride my horse? | -多久了 -我还可以骑马吗 |
[50:27] | We’ll be giving you radiation | 我们会通过放射线 |
[50:29] | to shrink the size of the tumors along your spine. | 将你脊柱边的肿瘤缩小 |
[50:32] | The slightestjolt, it could crumble. | 哪怕一点点摇晃都有可能扩散 |
[50:34] | How long? | 要多久 |
[50:54] | You all right, honey? | 你没事吧 宝贝 |
[50:59] | Yeah, I’m fine. | 嗯 我很好 |
[51:16] | Hi, this is Paul. | 嗨我是保罗 |
[51:18] | Leave a message and I’ll call you back whenever I can. | 请留言我会尽快回复 |
[51:21] | Hey, sorry to call so late. | 嘿 抱歉这么晚打电话给你 |
[51:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[51:26] | I’m in Reno. If you were here, we could get divorced again. | 我在里诺 如果你在这儿的话我们可以再离一次婚 |
[51:29] | Um… | 呃 |
[51:30] | Anyway, I… I’m still alive. | 不管怎样 我 我还活着 |
[51:34] | And that’s all my news. | 没什么别的好消息 |
[51:37] | And the sum total of what I’ve learned on my hike. | 这也是我远足时学到的全部东西 |
[51:43] | Okay. Bye. | 好的 再见 |
[52:02] | Hi. I’m Cheryl. | 嘿 我是谢丽尔 |
[52:05] | I’m an unaccompanied female hitchhiker. | 我是个没有伴侣的搭便车的女人 |
[52:08] | Would it be okay if I got into your car | 要是我上了你的车你要强奸我 |
[52:10] | so that you can rape and dismember me? | 或是肢解我也没有关系 |
[52:16] | Hey, going north? | 嘿 你要向北走吗 |
[52:18] | Yeah, I am, actually. | 是的 当然 |
[52:19] | Okay, I just need a ride about 12 miles up. | 我想坐个12英里的顺风车 |
[52:24] | -Well, that’s quite a backpack you got there. -Thanks. | -哦 你的背包还真大 -谢谢 |
[52:27] | I can’t offer you a ride because I don’t have any room. | 我不能带上你 因为我的车没有那么多空位了 |
[52:31] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[52:32] | Yeah, I’m packed to the gills. | 我的车已经塞满了 |
[52:33] | Jimmy Carter. | 吉米·卡特 |
[52:36] | No relation. | 不过没关系 |
[52:37] | I interview hobos for the Hobo Times. | 我为《流浪时代》采访了很多流浪汉 |
[52:40] | Drive all over the USA. | 走遍了美国大街小巷 |
[52:41] | And I have to tell you. Lady hobos? Hard to find. | 我跟你说 流浪女 可是很难找的 |
[52:45] | I think you’re mistaken. I’m not a hobo. | 首先你搞错了 我不是流浪汉 |
[52:48] | Second of all, that’s a real thing, the Hobo Times? | 其次《流浪时代》是真的吗 |
[52:51] | Yeah, it’s real enough to pay for my rent and gas. | 绝对是千真万确 |
[52:54] | So, how long have you been out on the road? | 你在这路上出来多长时间了 |
[52:56] | I’m not “on the road.” I’m hiking the Pacific Crest Trail. | 我不是”在路上”我在太平洋山脊径徒步旅行 |
[53:00] | I just had to bypass a chunk of it | 我只是要绕过那里 |
[53:02] | because there was a snowfall this year. | 因为今年那儿要雪崩 |
[53:04] | Okay, so if you’re not a hobo, where do you live? | 如果你不是流浪汉 那你住在哪里 |
[53:07] | I’m between places right now. | 我现在没有地方住 |
[53:08] | I’m probably going to live in Portland when I get off the PCT. | 等我徒步旅行完了后我可能去波特兰住 |
[53:11] | This is so fucking cool. I mean… | 这太爽了 |
[53:13] | I’ve only spoken to maybe one other female hobo in two years. | 上一次跟一个流浪女聊天都是两年前的事了 |
[53:16] | Let me reiterate to you, lam not a hobo. | 我再说一遍 我不是流浪女 |
[53:19] | And that’s probably because women cannot walk out of their lives. | 可能是因为女人没法走出她们的生活圈 |
[53:21] | They’ve got kids to take care of, | 他们要照顾孩子 |
[53:23] | they’ve got parents to look after. | 还要照顾父母 |
[53:25] | You sound like a feminist. | 你听起来像个女权主义者 |
[53:26] | I am. | 没错 |
[53:28] | That’s excellent. That’s fantastic. I love feminists. | 太好了 太棒了 我喜欢女权主义者 |
[53:33] | So you’re trying to tell me you’re not a hobo, | 你一直说你不是流浪女 |
[53:35] | so that means you have a job then, right? | 那你有工作吗 |
[53:37] | I’ve had a whole lot of different jobs. | 我做过很多不同的工作 |
[53:39] | Up until a couple of years ago, I was studying. | 几年前我在读书 |
[53:44] | I hope you don’t think this is too personal, | 我希望你不要觉得我在问你私人问题 |
[53:47] | but I’ve noticed it’s often personal trauma | 但我发现很多人心灵受到创伤后 |
[53:50] | that forces people out of their life | 就会想着逼自己走出他们的生活 |
[53:52] | and into the hobo life. Would you say that’s been the case for you? | 过着流浪汉的生活 你觉得你也是这样吗 |
[53:56] | This is my life. I’m just taking a little time out. | 这就是我的生活 我只想出来透透气 |
[53:59] | This is not a hobo life. | 这不是流浪生活 |
[54:02] | I don’t know what else to tell you. | 我不知道还要怎么跟你说 |
[54:05] | -Can I get a shot? -No! That… | -我可以拍张照吗 -不行 那… |
[54:08] | Yeah, this should be in the fall issue. | 这可能要到秋季期刊的时候出来 |
[54:10] | A couple of my pieces have been in some other magazines. | 我还有其他杂志 |
[54:13] | Harper’s has expressed interest. | 《哈珀家》很有趣 |
[54:15] | Harper’s? | 《哈珀家》 |
[54:16] | It’s a New York magazine. | 是纽约的杂志 |
[54:17] | Pretty swanky, kind of a big deal… | 非常时尚很受欢迎… |
[54:18] | Yeah, I know what Harper’s is. | 我知道什么是《哈珀家》 |
[54:19] | I want to write for Harper’s one day. | 我想在《哈珀家》上发表文章 |
[54:21] | I don’t really feel like being their centerfold Bum of the Month. | 但我不想成为它的中间插页 |
[54:25] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[54:26] | Hobo care package. Thanks a lot! | 流浪者爱心包 谢谢 |
[54:47] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[54:50] | What’s your dog’s name? | 你的狗叫什么名字 |
[54:52] | Stevie Ray. Got him the day he died. | 史蒂夫·雷 在得到这只狗的时候死了 |
[54:55] | The other Stevie Ray, I mean. | 我是说另外一个史蒂夫·雷 |
[54:58] | I love Stevie Ray. | 我喜欢这个名字 |
[55:05] | Hey, put on Love Struck. | 嘿 放《被爱击中》 |
[55:08] | Just came to me the second you got in this car. | 你上车朝我走来的时候 |
[55:10] | Oh, shut up, Spider! Jesus! | 闭嘴 蜘蛛 天啊 |
[55:13] | Ignore him. He’s nothing but a horny old bastard. | 别理他 他只不过是个淫荡的老王八蛋 |
[55:19] | You must be pretty tough, hiking this fucking trail. | 你一定过很辛苦吧 要在这徒步旅行 |
[55:24] | I’m in a car with you, taking a ride. | 我搭上你的顺风车了 |
[55:26] | That’s not very tough. | 不是很辛苦 |
[55:29] | That’s a cute little boy. How old is he? | 那个小男孩真可爱 多大了 |
[55:35] | He was eight. | 他8岁的时候死了 |
[55:40] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[55:42] | He got hit by a truck when he was riding his bike. | 他在骑自行车的时候被货车撞到了 |
[55:46] | Five years ago. | 5年前的事 |
[55:48] | He was a tough motherfucker, too. Just like his mom. | 他也是个坚强的孩子 就像他妈妈一样 |
[55:54] | I’m really sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[55:57] | I know you are, sweetheart. | 我懂 亲爱的 |
[56:01] | I was never me. | 这不可能 |
[56:02] | Don’t. Okay? Don’t. It’s not over. | 不要这样 好吗 不是没得救 |
[56:05] | We’re gonna find somebody who can help you | 我们会找到 |
[56:07] | and we are gonna fight this! | 能够帮你的人我们会打败它的 |
[56:08] | I was always… | 我一直都是… |
[56:11] | A mother or a wife. | 一个好母亲或好妻子 |
[56:19] | I was never even in the driver’s seat of my own life. | 我这一生连车都没开过 |
[56:23] | I thought there was so much time, you know? | 我以为还有很多时间 |
[56:31] | And just when… | 而刚刚那一刻… |
[56:35] | So many things were beginning. | 很多事都开始了 |
[56:41] | on, well! | 没事 |
[57:00] | You’ve got to be kidding me. | 不会吧 |
[57:06] | Hang on. | 坚持住 |
[57:19] | All right. | 好了 |
[57:33] | I surely would… | 我一定能… |
[57:36] | Can you stop humming that song? | 你能不能别哼那首歌了 |
[57:39] | Happy people sing! | 人一高兴就会唱歌 |
[57:40] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[57:52] | I’m sitting in the railway station | 我坐在火车站 |
[57:55] | Got a ticket for my destination | 买了一张车票去往我的终点 |
[58:03] | The sun is right behind my back | 太阳正好在我背后 |
[58:06] | So true north should be over there | 所以正北方向应该在那边 |
[58:08] | I will not lose this fucking track | 我不会迷路的 |
[58:11] | Or I’ll end up in Delaware | 我的终点是特拉华州 |
[58:14] | Portland bound | 波特兰 |
[58:17] | I hope I am Portland bound | 我希望我是波特兰人 |
[58:23] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[58:26] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[58:29] | Where am I? | 这是哪里 |
[58:32] | California! | 加利福尼亚 |
[58:35] | Fucking hilarious. | 真滑稽 |
[58:37] | Plumas County! | 普卢默斯县 |
[58:39] | Are you lost? | 你是不是迷路了 |
[58:42] | No! | 没有 |
[58:46] | Just screwed. | 只是偏离计划了 |
[59:03] | Hey, beauty. | 嘿 美女 |
[59:05] | Hey, my Lady. | 嘿 我的宝贝 |
[59:07] | She saved my life. | 她救了我的命 |
[59:09] | You know, after I left your dad. | 在我离开你爸的时候 |
[59:11] | I know. | 我知道 |
[59:13] | I’m not going to make you promise anything. | 我不会让你保证什么的 |
[59:17] | This is hard enough on you as it is. | 你已经过得够艰难了 |
[59:23] | Just please try and do the kindest thing. | 试试做一件最好的事 |
[1:00:26] | Come back! | 过来 |
[1:00:34] | Come back. | 过来 |
[1:00:39] | Come back! | 过来 |
[1:00:42] | Here you go. This should keep you warm. | 好了 这样应该暖和些 |
[1:00:50] | I’ll be back in the morning with Leif. | 明天早上我跟列夫一起过来 |
[1:00:59] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:01:04] | You’re the center of me. | 你是我的中心 |
[1:01:06] | Everything I am. | 你是我的一切 |
[1:01:11] | Love. | 爱 |
[1:01:14] | Love. | 爱 |
[1:01:23] | How’s she doing? | 她怎么样了 |
[1:01:25] | The doctor said it would be a year. | 医生说只能活一年 |
[1:01:28] | It’s been a month. One fucking month! | 也可能该死的只有一个月 |
[1:01:33] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[1:01:37] | I’ll pray for her. | 我会为她祈祷的 |
[1:01:55] | Fucking Saint Patrick. | 该死的圣帕特里克 |
[1:01:58] | Go to hell, all you saints. | 去死吧 你们这些圣人 |
[1:02:05] | Thank you, God, for showing me the way. | 感谢上帝为我指路 |
[1:02:08] | As if He gives a shit. | 好像一点也没用 |
[1:02:11] | I’m sorry, but God is a ruthless bitch. | 对不起 不过上帝就是个无情的贱货 |
[1:02:15] | Yeah, well, I really need him. | 对 我要找他 |
[1:02:18] | It’s urgent. Tell him to get the fuck home. | 情况很紧急 叫他快点回家 |
[1:02:43] | Where the fuck have you been? | 你去哪里了 |
[1:02:45] | I’ve been at the hospital all day! She’s dying. | 我一天都在医院 她快死了 |
[1:02:48] | -Don’t say that! -You understand that? | -别这么说 -你知道吗 |
[1:02:50] | -She can’t die. -She can. She is dying. | -她不会死的 -会的 她就快死了 |
[1:02:53] | Stop it! | 闭嘴 |
[1:02:55] | She can’t die. | 她不会死的 |
[1:03:06] | There was Killer, and Doobie. | 基勒和杜比 |
[1:03:08] | Doo-bie! | 杜比 |
[1:03:12] | And Motorcycle Dan. | 摩托哥 丹 |
[1:03:14] | Motorcycle Dan…wow! | 摩托哥 丹 哇 |
[1:03:17] | I wanted to be like that guy. | 我想成为那样的人 |
[1:03:24] | And Nipper. | 还有尼佩尔 |
[1:03:29] | “If you press your face against the glass… | “倘若你把脸靠着玻璃…” |
[1:03:31] | “…you can see a little slice of Lake Superior.” | “你会看到一小块苏必略湖” |
[1:03:34] | A room with a view. | 看得见风景的房间 |
[1:03:36] | She said. | 她说的 |
[1:03:37] | All my life, I’ve always wanted a room with a view. | 我的一生 一直都想要一间看得见风景的房间 |
[1:03:41] | Jesus, she just never stops. | 天啊 她就没有停过 |
[1:03:47] | The past few years, I’ve acted like she was nothing to me. | 过去几年里 我一直都不在乎她 |
[1:03:52] | But… | 但是… |
[1:03:55] | …really, she was everything. | 她真的是我们的一切 |
[1:04:08] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[1:04:11] | Praying. | 祈祷 |
[1:04:15] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[1:04:17] | I’m praying to the whole fucking universe… | 我在对整个宇宙祈祷… |
[1:04:23] | …hoping there’s a God. | 希望那里有上帝 |
[1:04:26] | Because I want a miracle. I want a fucking miracle! | 因为我想要奇迹想让奇迹发生 |
[1:04:30] | Our mother isn’t going to die at 45. | 我们的妈妈不会45岁就死了 |
[1:04:38] | Are you burning and yearning? | 是否在苦苦等待 |
[1:04:43] | Do you ever feel blue? | 你感觉到沮丧了吗 |
[1:04:48] | And do you think of returning? | 可曾考虑过回来 |
[1:04:51] | How’s the world treating you? | 世界待你如何 |
[1:04:55] | I can’t wait to see her face. | 我迫不及待想看她的表情了 |
[1:04:58] | She’ll be so happy to see you. | 她看到你肯定会很开心的 |
[1:05:06] | So happy to see you… | 看到你会很开心… |
[1:05:15] | How much do I love you? | 我有多爱你 |
[1:05:18] | No. | 不是 |
[1:05:19] | This much? | 这么多 |
[1:05:21] | This much? | 这么多 |
[1:05:22] | This much? | 这么多 |
[1:05:24] | This much? | 这么多 |
[1:05:25] | I’m stuck! I can’t go wider. | 我被卡住了 不能再宽了 |
[1:05:27] | I can’t go wider! | 不能再宽了 |
[1:05:32] | How’s the world treating you? | 世界待你如何 |
[1:05:39] | We put ice on her eyes. | 我们把冰放在她有的眼睛上 |
[1:05:42] | What? | 什么 |
[1:05:43] | She wanted to donate her corneas, so… | 她想捐献眼角膜 所以… |
[1:05:46] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[1:05:57] | Fuck you, bitch! | 见鬼 |
[1:07:12] | What the fuck do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[1:07:47] | Fuck you, let’s go. | 见鬼 走吧 |
[1:07:49] | I’d rather be a sparrow | 我宁可当麻雀 |
[1:07:52] | than a snail | 也不当蜗牛 |
[1:07:54] | Yes, I would | 我宁愿如此 |
[1:07:58] | If I could | 如果我能够 |
[1:08:01] | I surely would | 我当然愿意 |
[1:08:08] | I’d rather be a hammer than a nail | 我宁可当铁锤也不当铁钉 |
[1:08:13] | Yes, I would | 我宁愿如此 |
[1:08:21] | Ow. | 哇 |
[1:09:01] | I’d rather be a forest than a street | 我宁可当森林也不当街道 |
[1:09:07] | If I could | 如果可以 |
[1:09:10] | If I only could | 若我能做到 |
[1:09:13] | I surely would | 我当然愿意 |
[1:09:16] | I surely would | 我当然愿意 |
[1:09:35] | Fuck it. | 见鬼 |
[1:10:17] | Can you stop humming that song? | 你能不能别哼那首歌了 |
[1:10:22] | What is wrong with you? | 你怎么回事 |
[1:10:24] | I don’t know. What’s wrong with you? | 我不知道 你怎么了 |
[1:10:26] | I’m happy. Happy people sing! | 我很开心人 一开心就会唱歌 |
[1:10:28] | Why are you happy? We have nothing, Mom. Nothing. | 你为什么开心 我们一无所有 妈妈 |
[1:10:32] | We’re rich in love. | 我们充满了爱 |
[1:10:34] | Oh, my God, please. | 我的天啊 拜托 |
[1:10:36] | Don’t even start with that. | 别提什么爱了 |
[1:10:38] | We’re both waitressing full-time. | 我们都是服务员 |
[1:10:40] | We’re students. | 我们是学生 |
[1:10:41] | We’ll have loans the rest of our lives. This house… | 我们这一辈子都在欠债这个房子… |
[1:10:43] | …is falling apart. You’re all by yourself | 就快散架了 这都要怪你 |
[1:10:46] | because you married some abusive alcoholic asshole. | 因为你嫁了一个酒鬼 |
[1:10:50] | And I come home and you’re singing? | 我一回来你居然还唱歌 |
[1:10:52] | What part of it do you not get? | 你到底还有哪里不明白的 |
[1:10:54] | There’s nothing I don’t get, believe me. | 没有什么我不明白的 相信我 |
[1:10:59] | But then what? | 但是那又能怎样 |
[1:11:01] | Cheryl, if there’s one thing I could teach you… | 谢丽尔 我唯一能教你的就是 |
[1:11:04] | It’s how to find your best self. | 如何发现最好的自己 |
[1:11:06] | And when you do, how to hold onto it for dear life. | 等你发现了怎样拼命的把握住它 |
[1:11:09] | And this is your best self. | 这就是最好的你 |
[1:11:12] | I’m trying. | 我在努力 |
[1:11:16] | Do I regret marrying an abusive alcoholic asshole? | 我后悔嫁给一个酒鬼吗 |
[1:11:23] | No. | 不后悔 |
[1:11:25] | Not for a second. Because I got you. | 一点也不后悔 因为我有你 |
[1:11:28] | And your brother. | 还有你弟弟 |
[1:11:30] | See how it works? | 知道为什么吗 |
[1:11:32] | It isn’t easy… | 这一点也不简单… |
[1:11:34] | But it’s worth it. | 但是很值得 |
[1:11:36] | There’s going to be a lot worse days than this. | 还有比今天更糟糕的事 |
[1:11:39] | And you can let them kill you… | 你可以让他们杀了你… |
[1:11:42] | But, I don’t know… I want to live. | 但是 我不知道 我想活着 |
[1:11:47] | “I want to live.” | “我想活着” |
[1:11:49] | You couldn’t even stick around | 你甚至不能徘徊不前 |
[1:11:50] | and enjoy your miserable happy life. | 你要享受你的人生 |
[1:11:57] | I think you have packages for me? My name is Cheryl Strayed. | 这里应该由我的包裹 我叫谢丽尔·斯特雷德 |
[1:12:02] | New boots from REV? | 是新鞋吗 |
[1:12:03] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:12:04] | How far did you walk in those? | 穿着那双鞋你走了多远 |
[1:12:06] | About 50 miles. You sure there’s not another package? | 大概50英里 你确定没有其他包裹了吗 |
[1:12:10] | I’m sure. And, lady, if you walked 50 miles | 我确定 美女 如果你贴着胶带 |
[1:12:13] | in duct tape, you got the right package. | 走了50英里 那这个肯定是你的包裹 |
[1:12:17] | It’s two bucks for the Snapple. | 斯纳普饮料2块钱 |
[1:12:19] | I’ll pass. | 那我不要了 |
[1:12:21] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:12:33] | You like my shoes? | 你们喜欢我的鞋吗 |
[1:12:38] | Dearest Cheryl, you made it halfway. | 最亲爱的谢丽尔 你成功了一半了 |
[1:12:40] | Six-hundred miles. Damn! | 600英里 天啊 |
[1:12:44] | I ran into Aimee. She said you were making your hike longer. | 我遇到艾米了 她说你打算走的更远 |
[1:12:47] | Did you decide where you’ll finish? | 你决定在哪里结束了吗 |
[1:12:49] | Let me know, I’ll send a tube of foot cream. | 要告诉我哦 我会寄一管护足霜给你 |
[1:12:52] | I’m sorry if I cut you short on the phone before you left. | 很抱歉在你离开之前我挂了你的电话 |
[1:12:56] | I still resent you, I guess. | 我估计 我还是很恨你 |
[1:12:59] | The funny thing is… | 有趣的是… |
[1:13:01] | …hell, I’ll admit it… | 见鬼 我承认… |
[1:13:03] | …I miss you. | 我很想你 |
[1:13:05] | Be sure to take plenty of water with you for the trail. | 你要多带点水旅行 |
[1:13:08] | There’s a water tank 20 miles up, right? | 20英里那有个水缸 对吧 |
[1:13:10] | Yep. But it’s way over 100 degrees out there. | 但是外面气温超过38度 |
[1:13:13] | That’s a lot of sweat. | 会出很多汗 |
[1:13:15] | Okay. Thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[1:13:19] | Howdy. | 你好 |
[1:13:20] | You should have something for Stacey Johnson. | 你这有史黛丝·约翰逊的东西吧 |
[1:13:24] | I’ll go check. | 我找找看 |
[1:13:26] | Hey, are you hiking the PCT? | 嘿 你是来徒步旅行的吗 |
[1:13:29] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:13:30] | Are you? | 你呢 |
[1:13:32] | You’re a woman! | 你是个女人 |
[1:13:38] | You come across a guy named Greg? | 你遇到过一个叫格雷格的人吗 |
[1:13:41] | Yeah. A while ago, at Kennedy Meadows… | 遇到过 前一阵子 在肯尼迪梅多斯的时候… |
[1:13:45] | …when I knew even less than I do now. | 当时我还有很多不懂呢 |
[1:13:48] | Well, he quit. | 他放弃了 |
[1:13:49] | What? Greg? | 什么 格雷格 |
[1:13:52] | He couldn’t deal with the snow. He’s coming back next year. | 他搞不定雪山 他明年再来 |
[1:13:55] | Wow. | 哇 |
[1:13:57] | Greg quit and I’m still here? | 格雷格都放弃了我却还在 |
[1:14:02] | Cheers to that. | 干杯 |
[1:14:10] | You get lonely? | 你觉得孤单吗 |
[1:14:15] | Honestly, I think I’m lonelier in my real life than out here. | 说实话 我觉得我平时比这儿还孤单 |
[1:14:20] | Yes, I miss my friends, of course, but… | 当然 我也想我的朋友 不过… |
[1:14:24] | …it’s not like anybody’s waiting for me at home. | 家里没有人等我了 |
[1:14:28] | How about you? Why are you here? | 你呢 你为什么来这里 |
[1:14:35] | I don’t know. I just need to find something in myself, you know? | 我不知道 我只想证明自己 |
[1:14:40] | I think the trail is good for that. | 我觉得徒步旅行很好 |
[1:14:43] | I mean, look. | 你看啊 |
[1:14:46] | This has the power to fill you up again if you let it. | 这样能让你重新充满能量 |
[1:14:51] | My mother used to say something that drove me nuts. | 我妈妈一起经常说一些让我抓狂的话 |
[1:14:54] | “There’s a sunrise and a sunset every day… | “每天太阳都会升起和落下…” |
[1:14:57] | “…and you can choose to be there for it. | 你可以选择你想要的 |
[1:15:00] | “You can put yourself in the way of beauty.” | “你也可以好好享受美好” |
[1:15:05] | My kind of woman. | 我就是这样的女人 |
[1:15:15] | She was the love of my life. There’s nothing else… | 她曾经是我生命中的挚爱 没有其他… |
[1:15:18] | …to say. | 想说的了 |
[1:15:21] | I thought there’d be couches and Kleenex and shit. | 我以为这里会有沙发纸巾什么的 |
[1:15:24] | That’s 5O-bucks-an-hour therapy. | 那是50块钱一小时的治疗 |
[1:15:27] | This is 10-bucks-an-hour therapy. | 而这儿每小时只收10块 |
[1:15:30] | Why were you destroyed by your mother’s death? | 为什么你妈妈的死影响了你 |
[1:15:33] | Is that your job? To tell the bereaved they’re grieving too much? | 这就是你的工作吗 问失去亲人的人有多悲伤吗 |
[1:15:37] | People grieve in all sorts of different ways. I’m asking about yours. | 人们的悲伤分很多种 现在我在问你的 |
[1:15:42] | Is mine so bad? | 我的是不是很糟糕 |
[1:15:43] | You’re using heroin and having sex with anyone who asks. | 你现在吸毒又跟别人乱搞 |
[1:15:47] | I’m not sure these things are making you happy. | 我不知道这些事能让你开心吗 |
[1:15:50] | That’s where you’re wrong. | 这就是你的错误所在 |
[1:15:51] | When I’m doing them, I feel good and happy. | 我做这些事时 我感觉很好也很开心 |
[1:15:54] | When I’m not, I feel like I want to die. | 如果不做的话 我会觉得想死 |
[1:15:57] | You sleep with your husband, too? | 你也跟你老公一起睡吗 |
[1:15:59] | No, I’m sort of like a guy about sex. I prefer to be detached. | 没有 我只找炮友 我更喜欢一个人生活 |
[1:16:03] | You think that’s what guys are like? | 你觉得那些人是怎样的 |
[1:16:10] | “You are here”? | “你在这” |
[1:16:12] | I see that poster everywhere, and I fucking hate it. | 到处都看到这张海报 我很讨厌它 |
[1:16:16] | Why would you ever teach a child they don’t matter? | 为什么要教孩子这些无关紧要的东西 |
[1:16:20] | Did you feel you mattered? | 你觉得你重要吗 |
[1:16:21] | I know I mattered. | 我知道我很重要 |
[1:16:25] | So who detached from you? | 你跟谁分了 |
[1:16:30] | Right. You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[1:16:33] | This is not going to work. This is not about talking. | 这根本就没效果 也根本就不是什么谈话 |
[1:16:53] | “You want a knuckle sandwich?” | “你想吃拳头吗” |
[1:16:58] | You want a knuckle sandwich? | “你想吃拳头吗” |
[1:17:01] | You want a knuckle sandwich? | “你想吃拳头吗” |
[1:17:04] | Go, go, go! Go get in the car. | 走 快走 快上车 |
[1:17:08] | Get in the car. | 上车 |
[1:17:09] | Get the fuck out of here! | 快给我滚出去 |
[1:17:11] | Fucking whore! | 去你的贱货 |
[1:17:12] | I’m going to kill you! | 我要杀了你 |
[1:17:16] | I’ll kick your ass with my new boots, you fucking asshole. | 我要用我的新鞋踢死你 你这个王八蛋 |
[1:17:19] | Thank you, baby. | 谢谢宝贝 |
[1:17:42] | “Eggs and bacon.” | “鸡蛋和培根” |
[1:17:44] | You want some eggs and bacon? | 你想吃鸡蛋和培根吗 |
[1:17:48] | Baby? | 宝贝 |
[1:18:01] | No more rain, no more pain. | 雨过天晴 痛苦必停 |
[1:18:07] | “Even a child with normal feet was in love with the world… | “当一个平凡的孩子有了一双新鞋后…” |
[1:18:10] | “…after he had got a new pair of shoes.” | “他会爱上这个世界” |
[1:18:13] | Flannery O’Connor. | 弗兰纳里·奥康纳 |
[1:18:17] | And Cheryl Strayed. | 和谢雨尔·斯特雷德 |
[1:18:44] | The ashes of a body aren’t really like ashes from a fire. | 骨灰跟普通的灰不太一样 |
[1:18:49] | Soft and silky, they’re more like… | 柔软又细滑 它们就像… |
[1:18:52] | …pale pebbles mixed with a gritty gray gravel. | 白色和灰色的砂砾混合物 |
[1:18:58] | I spread most of them around her grave. | 我把她大部分骨灰撒在她的坟墓周围 |
[1:19:03] | But some of the larger chunks… | 而那些大块一点的… |
[1:19:06] | …I put in my mouth… | 我放到嘴里… |
[1:19:08] | …and I swallowed whole. | 全部吞下去了 |
[1:19:12] | Then I moved to Portland… | 然后搬去了波特兰… |
[1:19:15] | …with crazy Joe. | 我和疯狂的乔 |
[1:19:18] | The first time I smoked heroin… | 我第一次吸毒的时候… |
[1:19:21] | …I laughed like a child… | 我笑得像个孩子 |
[1:19:23] | …and twirled around in my mother’s jewelry box. | 跟着我妈妈的首饰盒一起转动 |
[1:19:29] | Then we snorted it. | 然后我们把毒品吸掉了 |
[1:19:31] | But we were never going to shoot it. | 不过我们绝不注射毒品 |
[1:19:34] | Never. | 绝不 |
[1:19:38] | The first time I shot up, I begged. | 第一次注射 是我恳求的 |
[1:19:41] | More, more, more! | 再来点 再来点 |
[1:19:43] | How do you like it, how do you like it? | 你喜欢吗 你喜欢吗 |
[1:19:53] | The day after my birthday… | 我生日第二天… |
[1:19:56] | …a man asked me for money. | 有个男人抢了我的钱 |
[1:19:58] | That’s what I want | 那是我想要的 |
[1:20:18] | A week after that… | 一个星期后… |
[1:20:21] | …somebody finally wished me happy birthday. | 有人跟我说生日快乐 |
[1:20:30] | Heroin? Of all the stupid, selfish things! | 海洛因 愚蠢自私的东西 |
[1:20:33] | Why are you doing this to yourself? | 你为什么要这样糟蹋自己 |
[1:20:35] | Don’t you fucking touch me! | 你别碰我 |
[1:20:37] | Don’t play this game! | 别跟我玩什么把戏 |
[1:20:38] | Why did you even come? I didn’t ask you to! | 你为什么要过来 我又没叫你过来 |
[1:20:41] | You just want to be the hero! | 你只想做个英雄 |
[1:20:42] | Yeah, maybe! | 是啊 |
[1:20:48] | Why did you come here? | 你为什么要过来 |
[1:20:49] | Because! | 因为 |
[1:20:53] | Just because. | 没有理由 |
[1:21:11] | Fuck it. | 该死的 |
[1:21:25] | Where is this fucking tank? | 该死的水缸在哪里 |
[1:21:45] | No. | 不要 |
[1:21:47] | No! | 不要 |
[1:22:02] | Shit. | 见鬼 |
[1:23:20] | Don’t fucking die here. | 不要死在这里 |
[1:24:06] | Thirty minutes. | 30分钟 |
[1:24:07] | Fucking iodine pills. | 该死的碘药片 |
[1:24:49] | You got any water? | 你有水吗 |
[1:24:53] | I’d give you some of mine, but it’s not ready. | 我也想给你们不过还没有净化好 |
[1:24:57] | It takes about half an hour… with an iodine pill. | 要等半个小时 里面放了碘药片 |
[1:25:00] | But you have to filter it first. | 不过你们得先过滤 |
[1:25:03] | We don’t have a filter. | 我们没有过滤器 |
[1:25:06] | You can use mine. | 你们可以用我的 |
[1:25:08] | Do you have a bottle? | 你们有瓶子吗 |
[1:25:10] | Got an empty beer can. | 有个空啤酒瓶 |
[1:25:12] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:25:23] | What are you doing out here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[1:25:26] | Hiking the PCT. | 徒步太平洋山脊径 |
[1:25:33] | So how can we kill the time? | 那我们该怎么打发时间 |
[1:25:37] | I can think of some ways. | 我想到一些方法了 |
[1:25:40] | She’s got a real nice figure, doesn’t she? | 她的身材很好哦 不是吗 |
[1:25:45] | I have to get going. | 我得走了 |
[1:25:46] | Sit down. We’re just messing with your head. | 坐吧我们只会搞乱你的头发 |
[1:25:58] | We need to get going, too. | 我们也得走了 |
[1:26:06] | Thank you much. | 非常感谢你 |
[1:26:07] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:27:14] | Thought you were heading out. | 还以为你走了呢 |
[1:27:18] | I changed my mind. | 我改变主意了 |
[1:27:21] | Tried to trick us? | 想骗我们 |
[1:27:24] | No, I changed my mind. | 不是 我改变主意了 |
[1:27:28] | Changed your clothes, too. | 还换了衣服 |
[1:27:30] | I like your pants. | 我喜欢你的裤子 |
[1:27:33] | They look good on you. | 你穿着很漂亮 |
[1:27:35] | Show off your hips and legs and tight little ass. | 露出你的屁股和腿来 |
[1:27:40] | Please don’t say that. | 别这么说 |
[1:27:42] | Can’t a guy give a girl a compliment anymore? | 不能称赞一下美女吗 |
[1:27:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:27:55] | What the hell are you doing? | 你到底在搞什么鬼 |
[1:27:57] | I thought you were lost. Get your ass over here, let’s go! | 我还以为你失踪了呢 快给我过来 |
[1:28:05] | Here’s to a young girl alone in the woods. | 这是敬一个树林里的单身女孩 |
[1:29:09] | 欢迎来到俄勒冈 5号州际公路 28 悦湖 51 华盛顿的边境 498 加拿大边境 962 | |
[1:29:14] | Hello, Oregon cow. | 你好 俄勒冈州奶牛 |
[1:30:36] | That shade looks nice on you. | 这个眼影很适合你 |
[1:30:38] | Oh, you think? | 真的吗 |
[1:30:40] | Oh, my… | 噢 天啊 |
[1:30:43] | Do you mind if I say something? | 你介意我说一件事吗 |
[1:30:46] | Sure. | 说吧 |
[1:30:47] | The nicest lipstick in the world can’t help a girl | 如果一个女孩不注意她的个人卫生 |
[1:30:50] | if she doesn’t take care of her personal hygiene. | 那最好的唇膏也救不了她 |
[1:30:55] | I’ve every intention of taking care of that. | 我已经很注意了 |
[1:30:58] | It really needs to be a priority, sweetie. | 我真觉得这很重要 亲爱的 |
[1:31:18] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:31:22] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:31:25] | I, uh… I work at a music club down the street. | 我在大街下面的一个俱乐部工作 |
[1:31:28] | We’re honoring Jerry Garcia tonight. | 我们今晚要纪念杰瑞·加西亚 |
[1:31:31] | -You should come along. -Oh.CooL | -你可以过来看看 -太好了 |
[1:31:35] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[1:31:37] | Cheryl. | 谢丽尔 |
[1:31:40] | Don’t worry, I don’t bite. | 别担心 我不会咬你的 |
[1:31:42] | I don’t mind biting. | 我不介意你咬我 |
[1:31:46] | Oh, my God. I can’t believe I just said that. | 哦 天啊 我竟然说出这种话 |
[1:31:48] | I’m so sorry. I’ve been on my own for a little while. | 不好意思 我这段时间都是我自己一个人 |
[1:31:51] | Not that I’m “on my own.” I’ve been in a lot of relationships before. | 不是说”我是单身”我之前也有过很多段感情 |
[1:31:54] | I’ve just been hiking on my own for a while. | 我只是出来远行一段时间 |
[1:31:58] | Look, I’m gonna put your name on the guest list. | 那我把你的名字加到客户名单上去 |
[1:32:02] | Hope to see you later. | 希望晚上能见到你 |
[1:32:10] | Hi, honey. | 嗨 亲爱的 |
[1:32:12] | Here is your Ashland box. | 这是你的亚什兰箱子 |
[1:32:15] | Enjoy some well-deserved rest, but don’t overdo it, okay? | 好好享受一下你的休假 但是别玩过火了好吗 |
[1:32:20] | Still a lot to hike, no? | 还有很多地方要走 |
[1:32:24] | I had said you can quit anytime. | 我说过你随时可以退出 |
[1:32:27] | But I take it back. | 不过我要收回这句话 |
[1:32:29] | Call me when you get to the finish line. | 等你弄完了打电话给我 |
[1:32:33] | Love and kisses, Aimee. | 爱你 亲亲 艾米 |
[1:33:06] | Do I know you? | 我认识你吗 |
[1:33:08] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:35:02] | Dear Paul, | 亲爱的保罗 |
[1:35:04] | I woke up this morning and wrote your name in the sand. | 我今天早上醒来在沙滩上写了你的名字 |
[1:35:08] | I’ve done that on every beach I’ve been on ever since I met you. | 自从认识你后我会在每个沙滩上写你的名字 |
[1:35:13] | But I’m not going to do it again. | 不过我再也不会这样了 |
[1:35:16] | I’m ready to move on. | 我要放下过去 |
[1:35:19] | Baby, baby, be my friend | 宝贝 宝贝 我的朋友 |
[1:35:23] | I have only another 300 miles left to walk. | 我只有300英里的路要走了 |
[1:35:28] | I’m desperate for it to be over. | 我很想走完它 |
[1:35:33] | But I’m terrified, too. | 但是我也很害怕 |
[1:35:36] | When I’m done… | 等我走完了… |
[1:35:38] | …I’ll only have two dimes to my name. | 我只有两毛钱了 |
[1:35:42] | But I’ll have to start living. | 但我还是得开始生活 |
[1:35:47] | And I’m nowhere near ready. | 我已经走了很远很远 |
[1:36:07] | Please! Sir, wait! | 请等一下 先生 |
[1:36:09] | I just closed. | 我刚关门了 |
[1:36:18] | I think you have a package for me in there? | 里面有个包裹是我的 |
[1:36:21] | Could it wait until tomorrow? | 可以等明天再拿吗 |
[1:36:23] | It has fresh clothes and food, and batteries I need. | 里面有衣服和食物还有电池 |
[1:36:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:36:31] | If you’ll have a drink with me later. | 不过你等下要跟我一起喝酒 |
[1:36:35] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[1:36:42] | There you go, good-looking. | 给你美女 |
[1:36:45] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:36:47] | -You like punch? -Hmm? | -你喜欢宾治酒吗 -嗯 |
[1:36:49] | I make a good one. I throw every liquor I can find into a bucket | 我做得很好喝 只要我能买到的酒 我就会放进酒桶里 |
[1:36:52] | and I pour a couple of cans of juice on top. | 然后在上面放几罐果汁 |
[1:36:55] | Sounds good. | 听着不错啊 |
[1:37:02] | -Cheryl? -Yeah. | -谢丽尔 -对 |
[1:37:03] | -Oh, my God. We’re closed, guys. | -我的天啊 -我们关门了 小伙子 |
[1:37:05] | -“If your nerve deny you… ” -…go above your nerve.” | -“如果你的勇气抛弃你”-“那就超越你的勇气” |
[1:37:07] | -Emily Dickinson. -Yes. | -艾米莉·迪金森 -是的 |
[1:37:09] | “I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.” | “可我还有许多承诺亟待兑现 路漫漫兮无心睡眠” |
[1:37:12] | Walt Whitman? | 是沃尔特·惠特曼说的 |
[1:37:13] | No, that was Robert Frost. | 不是是罗伯特·弗罗斯特 |
[1:37:15] | The Whitman was, “Be curious, notjudgmental.” | 惠特曼说的是”要有好奇心 但别太挑剔” |
[1:37:17] | Yes. | 对 |
[1:37:18] | “God is a ruthless bitch.” You left the name off. | “上帝是个无情的贱货”是你说的吗 |
[1:37:21] | -That one was me. -You’re our hero. | -这句是我说的 -你是我们的英雄 |
[1:37:23] | Okay, fellas, I’m shutting up now. | 好了 各位 我要关门了 |
[1:37:25] | We just wanted to pick up our post? | 我们想拿包裹 |
[1:37:27] | No. I’m sorry. lakeadyreopened for the young lady here. | 不行 很抱歉 我已经给这个美女开过一次了 |
[1:37:29] | And I’m not gonna reopen again. | 我不会再开一次了 |
[1:37:30] | But you wouldn’t really have to reopen | 但你其实不用再开一次 |
[1:37:31] | because you haven’t closed yet. | 因为你还没有关门 |
[1:37:33] | And their packages are right there. | 他们的包裹就在那儿 |
[1:37:35] | It’s such a miserable night. | 今晚是个悲惨的夜晚 |
[1:37:36] | Whatever’s in them is gonna make the night just that much better. | 不管里面有什么 都会让他们好过一点 |
[1:37:39] | Do you mind? | 麻烦找一下吧 |
[1:37:46] | That your horse? | 那是你的马 |
[1:37:48] | If you want to take her out in the morning, she could do with it. | 要是你明天早上想带她走的话 尽管拿去吧 |
[1:37:51] | Hey, so the campsite, is it left? Left, right? | 嘿 营地 在左边 还是右边 |
[1:37:54] | Yeah. | 好 |
[1:37:56] | Good night! I’ll see you in the morning. | 晚安 我们明天早上见 |
[1:37:59] | Oh. | 好 |
[1:38:04] | Number one and number two. | 一瓶两瓶 |
[1:38:08] | Just a little. Just a little. | 一点点 一点点就好了 |
[1:38:13] | Wonderful! | 太好了 |
[1:38:14] | So, Cheryl, how do you deal with | 谢丽尔 你自己一个人 |
[1:38:17] | being on your own all the time? | 是怎么做到的 |
[1:38:18] | I mean, we’re with each other and we’re still sick of ourselves. | 我们几个人一起都已经很恼火了 |
[1:38:21] | Mmm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[1:38:22] | No. I’ve been to most of the places in my head that | 没有其实很多地方我也不想去的 |
[1:38:26] | I didn’t want to go to, but I feel like there’s | 但我觉得一定有一两个原因 |
[1:38:28] | one or two that, for whatever reason, I just… | 不管是什么原因 我… |
[1:38:32] | I hear you. | 我明白你的意思 |
[1:38:34] | There’s a few girlfriends that I’m in no hurry to think about again. | 有几个女朋友 我再也不会考虑了 |
[1:38:42] | I think I know exactly who you’re talking about. Right? | 我好像知道你在说谁了 |
[1:38:46] | I don’t want to talk about this right now. | 我现在不想说这个 |
[1:38:51] | Not again! Good night! | 不要有下次了 晚安 |
[1:39:13] | Just please try to do the kindest thing. | 试试做一件最好的事 |
[1:39:28] | We don’t have to do this. | 我们没别要这样 |
[1:39:36] | She’s been really sick for a long time. | 它生病很长时间了 |
[1:39:40] | There has to be another way. | 得想想别的办法 |
[1:39:44] | We don’t have the money to do it right. | 我们没有钱给它治疗 |
[1:39:46] | We can’t go to a vet. | 我们看不了兽医 |
[1:39:52] | Leif, she’s just going to die slowly and painfully. | 列夫 她会慢慢地痛苦地死去 |
[1:40:00] | Just please do the kindest thing. | 像个最好的办法 |
[1:41:06] | Hey, brother, it’s me. | 嘿 弟弟 是我 |
[1:41:08] | Look, I know we don’t have a home to go back to, but… | 听着 我知道我们无家可归 但是… |
[1:41:11] | …I want you to know I’m pulling you along with me. | 我要你知道我会好好照顾你的 |
[1:41:14] | It’s been really hard, but | 这很困难 但是 |
[1:41:17] | do me a favor, okay? | 帮我个忙好吗 |
[1:41:20] | Walk a little? | 多出来走一走 |
[1:41:26] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:41:28] | Bye. | 再见 |
[1:41:32] | Hey, good-looking. | 嘿 美女 |
[1:41:35] | I brought you coffee and a donut, fresh this morning. | 我给你买了咖啡和甜甜圈 刚做出来的 |
[1:41:37] | Thanks. Really. | 非常谢谢 |
[1:41:40] | Why don’t you come by for a refill before you head off? | 要不你出发之前再过来倒一杯吧 |
[1:41:43] | I will. Thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[1:41:45] | Good morning, fellas. | 早上好 各位 |
[1:41:48] | -Morning. -Morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[1:41:55] | So, you got a trail name? | 你有小名吗 |
[1:41:57] | Hmm? You know, like a nickname. | 呃 你知道 就像外号一样 |
[1:41:59] | We’ve got one for you. | 我们给你取了一个 |
[1:42:01] | -Really. -Queen of the PCT. | -真的吗 -太平洋山脊径徒步女王 |
[1:42:04] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[1:42:05] | You’ve just got so many stories | 你遇到了很多事情 |
[1:42:07] | about people doing things for you and wanting to help you out. | 大家为你做事都想帮你 |
[1:42:09] | I mean, nobody ever gives us anything. | 却没有人给过我们什么 |
[1:42:12] | No one ever does anything for us, in fact. | 说实话 没有一个人为我们做点什么 |
[1:42:14] | But please, please, come and get your refill, Your Majesty. | 快过去续杯吧 女王陛下 |
[1:42:17] | Yeah, Your Majesty doesn’t really go for refills. | 你的女王陛下不会去续杯的 |
[1:42:20] | Refills typically come to her. | 而是咖啡主动过来的 |
[1:42:21] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[1:42:30] | Dude, stop. | 伙计 闭嘴 |
[1:42:32] | Stop. Now I’m going to have that song stuck in my head | 别哼了 接下来的100英里我的脑海里 |
[1:42:35] | for the next hundred fucking miles. | 都是这首歌了 |
[1:42:37] | -Would you prefer I just… -Don’t. | -我可以…-不行 |
[1:42:40] | Don’t. | 别 |
[1:42:48] | And I said hey, hey, hey… | 我说 嘿 嘿 嘿 |
[1:42:50] | Shut up, man. | 闭嘴 伙计 |
[1:42:53] | Shut up! I’m serious. | 闭嘴 我是认真的 |
[1:42:57] | I said, hey! | 我说 嘿 |
[1:43:00] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[1:43:01] | Get him. Get him! | 快抓住他 快抓住他 |
[1:43:07] | I’ll get you soaked! | 我要把你们都弄湿 |
[1:43:08] | I said hey, what’s going on? | 我说嘿 怎么回事 |
[1:43:13] | I ‘d rather be a forest than a street | 我宁可当森林也不当街道 |
[1:43:41] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[1:43:43] | You’re safe. | 你很安全 |
[1:43:46] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[1:43:56] | You’re all right. | 你不会有事的 |
[1:43:58] | Don’t be scared. | 别吓到了 |
[1:44:00] | You got him! Thanks! | 你抓到它了 谢谢 |
[1:44:11] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:44:13] | Does he have a name? | 它有名字吗 |
[1:44:14] | Shooting Star. | 流星 |
[1:44:16] | Shooting Star? | 流星 |
[1:44:17] | And I’m Vera, and this is Kyle. | 我是维拉 他是凯尔 |
[1:44:21] | I’m Cheryl. Are you enjoying your hike today? | 我是谢丽尔 你今天玩得开心吗 |
[1:44:24] | I’m having a wonderful time, thank you very much for asking. | 很开心 谢谢你这么问我 |
[1:44:27] | You’re so polite. | 你真有礼貌 |
[1:44:29] | We’re just out for the weekend, rain or no. | 我们只是周末出来 不管下不下雨都出来 |
[1:44:32] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:44:33] | Vera’s my grandmom. | 维拉是我的奶奶 |
[1:44:34] | She’s looking after me because I have some problems | 她在照顾我因为我遇到点问题 |
[1:44:36] | I’m not supposed to talk about with strangers. | 不过我不能跟陌生人说 |
[1:44:43] | Well, you don’t have to talk about them. | 你不用跟我说的 |
[1:44:46] | But, you know, everybody has problems. I have problems, too. | 不过 你要知道每个人都会遇到问题 我也遇到问题了 |
[1:44:50] | What kinds of problems? | 什么样的问题 |
[1:44:53] | Well, I mean, I have problems with my dad. | 哦 跟我爸爸有关 |
[1:44:57] | I don’t see him anymore. | 我再也看不到他了 |
[1:44:58] | Me, neither. What about your mommy? | 我也是 你妈妈呢 |
[1:45:04] | She died. | 她死了 |
[1:45:09] | But, you know, problems don’t stay problems. | 不过问题总会解决的 |
[1:45:13] | They turn into something else. | 它们会变成别的东西 |
[1:45:16] | How did she die? | 她是怎么死的 |
[1:45:18] | Um… | 呃 |
[1:45:20] | She got very sick. | 她得了很严重的病 |
[1:45:23] | My mother’s a singer. She’s taught me many songs. | 我妈妈是个歌手 她教我唱了很多歌 |
[1:45:27] | Oh, really? | 真的吗 |
[1:45:28] | Would you like to hear one? | 你想听吗 |
[1:45:30] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[1:45:32] | From this valley they say you are leaving | 人们说你就要离开村庄 |
[1:45:37] | We shall miss your bright eyes and sweet smile | 我们将怀念你的微笑 |
[1:45:41] | For you take with you all of the sunshine | 你的眼睛比太阳更明亮 |
[1:45:46] | That has brightened our pathway a while | 照耀在我们的心上 |
[1:45:51] | Then come and sit by my side if you love me | 走过来坐在我的身旁 |
[1:45:55] | Do not hasten to bid me adieu | 不要离别的这样匆忙 |
[1:45:59] | Just remember the Red River Valley | 要记住红河谷你的故乡 |
[1:46:04] | And the cowboy that loved you so true | 还有那热爱你的姑娘 |
[1:46:08] | Just remember the Red River Valley | 要记住红河谷你的故乡 |
[1:46:13] | And the cowboy that loved you so true | 还有那热爱你的姑娘 |
[1:46:19] | That was really beautiful. | 唱得真好听 |
[1:46:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:46:58] | I miss you. | 我想你 |
[1:47:03] | God, I miss you. | 天啊 我好想你 |
[1:47:23] | There’s no way to know what makes | 根本没有办法知道 |
[1:47:24] | one thing happen and not another. | 事情为什么发生或不发生 |
[1:47:29] | What leads to what. | 什么导致什么 |
[1:47:32] | What destroys what. | 什么毁掉什么 |
[1:47:36] | What causes what to flourish. | 什么引起什么旺盛 |
[1:47:39] | Or die. | 或是死亡 |
[1:47:41] | Or take another course. | 或选择另外一条道路 |
[1:47:46] | What if I forgive myself? | 要是我原谅自己会怎样 |
[1:47:51] | What if I was sorry? | 要是我很遗憾会怎样 |
[1:47:54] | But if I could go back in time, | 不过即使我可以回到过去 |
[1:47:57] | I wouldn’t do a single thing differently. | 我还是会做一样的事 |
[1:48:02] | What if I wanted to sleep with every single one of those men? | 要是我确实想跟那些人上床呢 |
[1:48:07] | What if heroin taught me something? | 要是海洛因教了我一些事呢 |
[1:48:14] | What if all those things I did were the things that got me here? | 要是我所做的那些事让我来到了这里呢 |
[1:48:21] | What if I was never redeemed? | 要是我永远都得不到救赎呢 |
[1:48:27] | What if I already was? | 要是我已经悔改了呢 |
[1:48:47] | It took me years to be the woman my mother raised. | 我花了很多年时间成为我妈妈培养的女人 |
[1:48:52] | It took me four years, seven months and three days to do it. | 我花了4年7个月3天来完成 |
[1:48:57] | Without her. | 我自己一个人完成的 |
[1:49:01] | After I lost myself in the wilderness of my grief, | 在我因悲伤迷失在荒野之中后 |
[1:49:06] | I found my way out of the woods. | 我终于在树林中找回自我 |
[1:49:16] | And I didn’t even know where I was going | 直到徒步旅行的最后一天 |
[1:49:18] | until I got there on the last day of my hike. | 我才知道我要去哪里 |
[1:49:22] | Thank you, I thought over and over again, | 谢谢 我曾经一遍又一遍的思考 |
[1:49:26] | for everything the trail had taught me, | 谢谢徒步旅行教我的东西 |
[1:49:29] | and everything I couldn’t yet know. | 以及我还不知道的东西 |
[1:49:35] | How, in four years, I’d cross this very bridge. | 4年后我穿越这座大桥 |
[1:49:39] | I’d marry a man in a spot almost visible from where I was standing. | 我嫁给了一个离我站的地方不远的人 |
[1:49:44] | How, in nine years, that man and I | 9年后我和那个男人 |
[1:49:46] | would have a son named Carver, | 生了一个儿子名叫卡弗 |
[1:49:49] | and a year later, a daughter named after my mother, Bobbi. | 再过一年后 生了一个女儿跟我妈妈同名 叫芭比 |
[1:49:56] | I knew only that I didn’t need to | 我只知道我再也不用 |
[1:49:58] | reach with my bare hands anymore. | 一个人面对了 |
[1:50:00] | That seeing the fish beneath the surface of the water was enough. | 就像鱼儿在水里就够了一样 |
[1:50:04] | That it was everything. | 那就是一切 |
[1:50:08] | My life, like all lives, | 我的人生 跟所有生命一样 |
[1:50:12] | mysterious, irrevocable and sacred. | 不可思议 不可挽回也很神圣 |
[1:50:17] | So very close. | 非常紧密 |
[1:50:21] | So very present. | 非常现实 |
[1:50:25] | So very belonging to me. | 贴我非常近 |
[1:50:29] | How wild it was… to let it be. | 多么的疯狂…让它去吧 |
[1:50:33] | I’d rather be a sparrow than a snail | 我宁可当麻雀也不当蜗牛 |
[1:50:39] | Yes, I would | 我宁愿如此 |
[1:50:42] | If I could | 如果我能够 |
[1:50:45] | I surely would | 我当然愿意 |
[1:50:53] | I’d rather be a hammer than a nail | 我宁可当铁锤也不当铁钉 |
[1:50:59] | Yes, I would | 我宁愿如此 |
[1:51:01] | If I only could | 如果我能 |
[1:51:05] | I surely would | 我当然愿意 |
[1:51:12] | Away, I’d rather sail away | 飞走我宁可飞走 |
[1:51:18] | Like a swan | 像天鹅一样 |
[1:51:21] | That’s here and gone | 来去自由 |
[1:51:25] | A man gets tied up to the ground | 人被地面束缚 |
[1:51:31] | He gives the world | 发出的声音最悲 |
[1:51:34] | Its saddest sound | 声音最悲 |
[1:51:37] | Its saddest sound | 声音最悲 |
[1:51:48] | I’d rather be a forest than a street | 我宁可当森林也不当街道 |
[1:51:54] | Yes, I would | 我宁愿如此 |
[1:51:57] | If I could | 若我能做到 |
[1:52:00] | I surely would | 我当然愿意 |
[1:52:04] | I’d rather feel the earth beneath my feet | 我宁可感觉脚踏实地 |
[1:52:10] | Yes, I would | 我宁愿如此 |
[1:52:13] | If I only could | 如果能如此 |
[1:52:16] | I surely would | 我肯定愿意 |