英文名称:Cassandra's Dream
年代:2007
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:17] | Oh, she’s a beauty. | 哦,它太漂亮了 |
[01:19] | I mean, look at her. She’s not new, but she looks new. | 看看,它看起来像全新的一样 |
[01:24] | – He said the engine needed work. – I could do the engine. | – 他说引擎要修一下 – 引擎我能修好 |
[01:27] | I can’t believe he’s asking so little. It’s practically a steal. | 真不敢相信他开价那么低 这简直和偷来的一样 |
[01:30] | John Anderson said we could keep it at his marina free of charge… | 约翰 安德森说在他儿子回来前 |
[01:32] | at least for a year till his son comes back. | 我们可以免费把它停在码头 至少一年 |
[01:34] | Oh, here he comes. Don’t show you’re too eager or he won’t budge on the price. | 哦,他来了,别表现的太心急 不然就砍不下价来了 |
[01:38] | – All right? – Right. | – 好么? – 好的 |
[01:39] | Ain’t she a beauty? A little work and she’ll be in perfect condition. | 它美极了,不是么? 稍加修整,就能出航了 |
[01:42] | Yeah, well, let’s face it. It’s more than a little work she needs, isn’t it? | 呃,说实话吧 它可不是稍加修整就能搞定的,不是么? |
[01:46] | What’s the best price you can do us? | 你最低开价是多少? |
[01:48] | – A boat like this is worth every bit of 6,000. – Six grand? Are you joking? | – 这样一艘船,要6000块一点都不过分 – 六千?你开什么玩笑? |
[01:51] | Six is a bargain. The owner died and his mum’s got to get rid of it fast. | 六千已经超便宜了 船主死了,他母亲想尽快卖掉它 |
[01:56] | All right, but the engine’s done and the hull needs work as well. | 但是引擎完蛋了,船身也要修 |
[01:59] | She could be made seaworthy in no time. | 那些小毛病,一会儿就能修好的 |
[02:01] | Take a look at the condition she’s in. Practically mint. | 看看它,几乎是崭新的 |
[02:04] | Look, we’re just working lads. We don’t have this kind of money. | 听着,我们只是工薪阶层 我们没那么多钱 |
[02:07] | To get a SCOD like this for six is a once-in-a-lifetime. | 六千块买这样一艘船 可是千载难逢的机会啊 |
[02:10] | – Look, can you give us a minute? Just give us a minute. Terry. | – 呃,能让我们商量一下么?几分钟就行,特瑞 – 怎么? |
[02:15] | – What? | 你们不要的话 还有一大帮人等着要呢 |
[02:15] | There’s plenty of others interested in her if you’re not. | |
[02:23] | I could put in 800. Christ, you break your back and it’s hard to save a penny. | 我能拿出800,现在存钱太不容易了 |
[02:27] | – Where you’d get 800 quid from? – I won 400 at cards. | – 你从哪儿弄的800镑? – 我玩扑克赢了400 |
[02:30] | – Did you? – Yeah. | – 是么? – 是的 |
[02:32] | Come on, you got some savings, Ian. | 你也有些存款的吧,伊恩 |
[02:34] | But I’m trying to get my end of a business deal up. | 嗯,我这边做生意还要用到些钱 |
[02:36] | I could match your 800, but I promised Dad I’d take a pay cut ’cause business is so bad. | 我也能出800,不过我答应老爸 同意减薪水,因为生意不大好 |
[02:41] | Bet if Uncle Howard was here he’d loan it to us. | 要是霍华德舅舅在的话 他一定会借给我们的 |
[02:43] | – Yeah, I thought of that. But he’s away. – They must have phones in China. | – 是啊,我也想过,不过他不在这儿啊 – 中国也应该有电话的啊 |
[02:47] | – It’s like Howard’s boat, isn’t it? – Yeah. | – 这简直和霍华德的船一样,不是么? – 是啊 |
[02:49] | I mean, it’s smaller, but it’s so much better a nick than I thought we could afford. | 它小一点,不过好很多啊 可惜实在是太贵了,我们买不起 |
[02:54] | Remember when we were kids? | 还记得我们小时候么? |
[02:57] | – Uncle Howard bought us that boat in Ireland? – Oh, yeah. | – 霍华德舅舅在爱尔兰给我们买的那艘船? – 哦,是啊 |
[03:00] | – What a summer. – Yeah. | – 那个夏天玩的真开心啊 – 是啊 |
[03:04] | I’ve got to have this boat. We could pay it off in installments. | 我一定要这艘船 我们可以分期付款 |
[03:08] | I got four numbers in the lottery last week. Can you believe four? | 我上星期买彩票中了四个号码 你相信么?四个 |
[03:10] | – Should we do it? Right. – Yeah, let’s do it. | – 我们买吧? – 好,买吧 |
[03:14] | What the hell do you need a boat for? And how are you gonna pay for it? | 你们要船干什么? 你们打算怎么付钱? |
[03:17] | – It’s secondhand. – So you’re buying someone else’s headaches. | – 是艘二手船 – 那你就是在买别人的麻烦 |
[03:20] | No, we’re doing an incredible job fixing it up. You ought to see it. | 不,不,我们把它修得可漂亮了 你应该来看看 |
[03:23] | It’s cleaning up like new. | 它被我们整理的焕然一新 |
[03:25] | Pay more attention to the restaurant and less to dreams of the open sea. | 多花点精力在餐馆上 少做点航海的白日梦吧 |
[03:28] | You’re a bright boy if your head wasn’t always in the clouds. | 你要不是总爱胡思乱想的话 本来是个挺聪明的孩子 |
[03:31] | I wasn’t put on this earth to run a restaurant. | 我来到这个世上不是来开餐馆的 |
[03:33] | Remember when Uncle Howard bought me and Ian that boat when we were kids? | 记得我们小的时候 霍华德舅舅买给我和伊恩的那艘船么? |
[03:36] | What a summer. | 那个夏天玩的多开心啊 |
[03:37] | Your Uncle Howard’s opening a clinic in China. | 你们的霍华德舅舅要在中国开诊所了 |
[03:40] | He’s studying the Chinese language. | 他在学中文呢 |
[03:42] | Can you imagine at his age learning a hard language like that? | 你能想象他那么大年纪 还在学那么难的语言么? |
[03:45] | – He’s brilliant. – I’m unimpressed. | – 他很厉害 – 我觉得没什么 |
[03:48] | You can’t afford to be unimpressed… | 你当然会觉得没什么了 |
[03:50] | because the man makes more money in a week than you earn in a year. | 因为他一周赚得钱比你一年挣的都多 (暗指他在嫉妒) |
[03:54] | He’s got clinics in Switzerland and Hollywood, and now China. | 他在瑞士和好莱坞都有诊所 现在要在中国开 |
[03:59] | Hollywood’s where he belongs. All those phonies lining up like sheep for his plastic surgery. | 好莱坞正适合他 那些伪君子像羊一样的排着队让他做整形手术 |
[04:03] | Mom, can we have one Sunday lunch where we don’t have this conversation? | 妈,不要每次到周日的午餐 就提起这事好不好? |
[04:07] | Well, puts on airs, takes himself so seriously. | 哼,装腔作势,自以为是 |
[04:10] | Could we have afforded this house without my brother’s generosity? | 要是没有我哥的慷慨 我们能供的起这套房子么? |
[04:14] | Could we have got by over the years on his paltry earnings? | 就靠他挣得那点钱 我们这几年能撑得过去? |
[04:17] | I mean, who paid for the holidays? | 谁为我们的假期付的钱? |
[04:20] | Who lent us the money when we needed it, when he wanted to start his restaurant? | 在我们需要钱的时候,谁借给我们的? 他想要开餐馆的时候,谁借给我们的? |
[04:24] | If my bloody partner didn’t steal from me- That’s what gave me the heart attack. | 要不是我那个该死的合伙人偷了我的钱的话… 还害的我心脏病发作 |
[04:28] | Howard started with nothing and he paid his own way through his medical studies. | 霍华德白手起家 半工半读的念完了医学院 |
[04:32] | And now he’s a millionaire with top-class clients… | 现在他是个百万富翁 招待的客户都是上流阶层的… |
[04:35] | and yet he never forgot his family. | 可是,他从没忘记他的家人 |
[04:37] | Let that be a lesson to you. | 你们记住了 |
[04:39] | In the end, all you have in this life that you can count on is family. | 归根结底,你的一生里唯一能够依赖的 就只有你的家人 |
[04:43] | And don’t you forget it. | 不要忘记这一点 |
[04:51] | – I got us the rest of the money. – What? | – 我弄到剩余的钱了 – 什么? |
[04:53] | We can pay off the boat. Plus, some left over for the barometer you wanted to buy for the cabin. | 我们可以付清了船款了 另外还有剩余可以买你想要的船舱气压计 |
[04:57] | – How? – Two of my little doggies came in. | – 你怎么弄到的? – 我有两只狗赛赢了 |
[04:59] | – No. – Yep. First and fifth race, I won both. | – 不是吧 – 是的,第一场和第五场,我都赢了 |
[05:02] | We can finish by the weekend. We can take her out for a maiden voyage Saturday. | 我们周末就可以完工 周六就可以开始它的处女航了 |
[05:05] | What are we going to call her? We have to call her something if we’re taking her out. | 我们要叫它什么呢?我们得起个名字啊 |
[05:09] | – Cassandra’s Dream. That was the 60-to-1 shot I hit. | 卡珊德拉之梦 那是我中的60:1的大奖 |
[05:12] | – 60-to-1? Terry. | 60:1?特瑞 |
[05:14] | Yeah. It’s a lucky name. | 呵呵,这是个幸运的名字 |
[05:20] | Have a good weekend. | 周末愉快 |
[05:21] | Do you want to come out for a ride on Cassandra’s Dream? | 你想来乘卡珊德拉之梦兜兜风么? |
[05:24] | What’s Cassandra’s Dream? | 卡珊德拉之梦?什么东西? |
[05:25] | My brother and I bought this beat-up boat and fixed it up. | 我和我兄弟买了艘破船 然后把它修好了 |
[05:28] | We’re going out on it tomorrow. And he’s taking his girl and I wondered if you’d like to come? | 我们明天要开它出去,他会带他女朋友来 你想不想来? |
[05:33] | – Yeah, I’d love to. Sounds good. – The weather’s meant to be great. | – 好啊 – 天气应该会不错的 |
[06:05] | #Wherever I may roam # | # 不论我漂流到哪里 # |
[06:08] | – #Through land or sea or foam # – Oh, nice harmony. | – # 穿越陆地和海洋 # – 哦,和声不错么 |
[06:12] | – #You will always hear me singing this song # – # Ba da boo # | # 你会永远听见我唱这首歌 # |
[06:16] | – # Show me the way to go home # – # Ba ba ba # | # 带我回家 # |
[06:18] | # Show me the way to go home # | # 带我回家 # |
[06:21] | # I’m tired and I want to go to bed # | # 我累了想要入睡 # |
[06:23] | # I had a little drink about an hour ago and it’s gone right to my head # | # 我一小时前喝了几杯,它已让我发醉 # |
[06:26] | – Ohh! – #Wherever I may roam # | # 不论我漂流到哪里 # |
[06:28] | #Through land or sea or foam # | # 穿越陆地和海洋 # |
[06:30] | #You will always hear me singing this song # | #你会永远听见我唱这首歌 # |
[06:33] | # Show me the way to go home ## | # 带我回家 # |
[06:37] | Nice one. I’ll drink to that. | 唱的好,我要为它干杯 |
[06:42] | Gee, ain’t life grand? You know where that’s from? What movie? | 天啊,生活多么美好 你知道这句话出自哪里么?哪部电影? |
[06:46] | – Ain’t Life Grand, no? – Bonnie and Clyde. | – 生活多么美好?不知道 – 《邦妮和克莱德》 |
[06:48] | Two Barrow brothers having a fine time and Clyde says, “Ain’t life grand?” | 巴罗兄弟正玩的开心的时候 克莱德说:“生活多么美好啊” |
[06:54] | You know what happened to them? | 你知道他们两兄弟下场的 |
[06:57] | Do you think life is grand, Kate? | 你觉得生活美好么,凯特? |
[06:59] | – I think it’s grand when I’m around you, yeah. – Ahh. What an answer. | – 是的,我觉得我在你身边的时候,生活就会美好 – 啊,答的真好 |
[07:02] | What an answer! What can I say? The woman loves me. | 答的好!我还能说什么? 这女人爱我 |
[07:06] | Love you too, babes. | 我也爱你,亲爱的 |
[07:08] | I’ll tell you something. I never want to go back to that stupid restaurant. | 告诉你 我再也不想回到那个可恶的餐馆了 |
[07:11] | Oh, what do you want, Ian? | 那你想干什么,伊恩? |
[07:14] | Do you remember when Mum took us to visit Uncle Howard in California? | 你还记得老妈带我们 去加里福尼亚看望霍华德舅舅么? |
[07:17] | – How he lived his life? – Oh, yeah. | – 看看他是怎么生活的 – 是啊 |
[07:20] | I never let myself have dreams like that. I mean, what’s the point? | 我从来不让自己做那样的梦 有什么意义呢? |
[07:22] | Well, I mean, it breaks my heart to see Dad the way he is… | 嗯,看到老爸生病 我心都碎了 |
[07:25] | but as soon as he’s back on his feet, I’ve got to get out. | 可是,只要等到他一恢复 我就要离开 |
[07:28] | – I’ve got to make a life of my own. – Out where? | – 我要去创造我自己的生活 – 去哪儿? |
[07:31] | Well, some friends of mine invested in some hotels in California. | 嗯,我的几个朋友 在加里福尼亚投资一些旅馆 |
[07:35] | – California? – So I might join them. | – 加里福尼亚? – 我可能会加入他们 |
[07:37] | – It’s a nice day as well. – It’s a long way from England, darling. | – 今天天气真好啊 – 那边离英国好远啊,亲爱的 |
[07:40] | – Not too many clouds. Just right. – Isn’t it? | – 没有很多云,正好 – 是啊 |
[07:43] | See, there’s a pool with the cabanas here, and there’s a nine-hole golf course. | 你看,这儿是个泳池 这儿是个九洞的高尔夫球场 |
[07:46] | This is a great-looking property. | 这块地方很不错啊 |
[07:48] | Nothing’s going to happen until the end of the year, but I’m telling you, mate… | 年底之前不会有什么反应 但我告诉你,兄弟 |
[07:51] | – whoever invests in this is gonna make a fortune. – Now I can see the potential. | – 不管是谁投资进来,都会发大财的 – 嗯,我看到它的潜力了 |
[07:55] | There’s one in the Caribbean, the one in California has got a spa. | 有一个在加勒比海 加里福尼亚的那个还有温泉 |
[07:59] | – So I’ll keep you up to speed, yeah? – Yeah. | – 那有什么消息我再告诉你,好么? – 好的 |
[08:02] | Hey, where were you when we were doing it? | 嘿,刚刚我们做爱的时候,你在想些什么? |
[08:05] | – Why? – Your mind was somewhere else. | – 怎么了? – 你在想别的事情 |
[08:09] | It’s this property development thing, and it’s gonna upset my dad. | 是那个房地产投资的事情 老爸知道的话会很生气的 |
[08:12] | But the years are passing. | 但是时间不等人啊 |
[08:14] | You are so full of stress all the time, even in bed. | 你总是那么大的压力 连在床上也是 |
[08:19] | The only time I’ve seen you relax is on your boat. | 只有在船上的时候 你才会放松 |
[08:21] | Mmm. Terry’s taking the boat out tomorrow. | 嗯,特瑞明天要把船开出去 |
[08:23] | He’s taking Kate’s sister and brother out for a sail. Wouldn’t have much fun with them. | 他要带凯特的兄弟姐妹们出去玩 和他们在一起可不是很好玩 |
[08:29] | But I was wondering whether you’d maybe like to come out to the country for the day with me. | 我在想,你愿不愿意抽一天和我到郊外去玩 |
[08:34] | – Yeah, I would. I know a really nice lake. – Yeah? | – 好啊,我知道个地方有个很漂亮的湖 – 是么? |
[08:37] | We could maybe borrow a car from Terry’s garage. | 也许我们可以从特瑞那儿借辆车 |
[08:39] | The guy there sometimes lends him the classic cars. | 他那边有时候能借到古董车 |
[08:42] | – Have you ever made love outside? – Well, there’s a first time for everything. | – 你在野外做过爱么? – 嗯,凡事都要有第一次么 |
[09:51] | I think I should go back and help. | 我想我们应该倒回去帮下忙 |
[10:16] | I’ll just be back in a minute. | 我很快就回来 |
[10:21] | Oh, I can’t drink this much red wine in the daytime. It goes to my head. | 哦,我白天不应该喝这么多红酒,会上头的 |
[10:29] | – Can I help? – Thank you. I don’t know what the hell I’m doing. | – 需要帮忙么? – 谢谢,我一点都不知道该怎么办 |
[10:31] | I know a little bit about cars. My brother fixes them. | 我懂一点,我弟弟是修车的 |
[10:34] | Well, it was running smoothly and then there was just this big bang and it sort of petered out. | 本来我在路上开着好好的 突然间“砰”的一声,然后就熄火了 |
[10:39] | Let me have a look. | 让我看看 |
[10:44] | All right. | 好的… |
[10:46] | Yeah. | |
[10:57] | There you are. They can be a bit temperamental. | 好了,车子有时候会闹点小情绪的 |
[11:00] | Yeah, I love yours. | 是啊,我喜欢你的车 |
[11:03] | Ah, yeah, it’s very pretty, isn’t it? I haven’t had it long. | 啊,呵呵,漂亮吧? 我刚买没多久 |
[11:06] | Old Jags are so sexy. | 旧款的捷豹真性感 |
[11:10] | – Well, thank you for stopping. – Oh, it’s my pleasure. | – 谢谢你停下来帮我 – 哦,不用谢 |
[11:12] | – I’m Angela Stark. – Ian Blaine. | – 安吉拉 斯塔克 – 伊恩 布莱恩 |
[11:15] | – Do you live around here? – No. I live in London. | – 你住在这附近? – 不,我住在伦敦 |
[11:17] | Yeah, me too. What do you do? | 啊,我也是,你是做什么的? |
[11:19] | At the moment, I’m in the restaurant business, but basically, uh, investments. | 目前我在做餐馆生意 不过基本上么,嗯,做投资的 |
[11:22] | I owe you one. I’m leaving you a couple of tickets to my show. | 我欠你个人情 送你两张我的演出的票吧 |
[11:26] | Oh, you’re an actress? | 哦,你是个演员? |
[11:27] | – Yeah. What’s your name? – Ian Blaine. | – 是的,你叫什么? – 伊恩 布莱恩 |
[11:30] | Okay, I’ll leave you two tickets at the Wilton. When do you want to come? | 好的,我会在威尔顿给你留两张票 你什么时候会来? |
[11:33] | – Uh, Tuesday? – Fine. | – 嗯,周二? – 好的 |
[11:36] | Yeah. | 好 |
[11:36] | Don’t forget to come backstage and tell me how great I am. | 别忘了到后台来告诉我演的有多好 |
[11:38] | All right. | 好的 |
[11:40] | Oh, look, this is Terry and Ian and my brother Howard. | 哦,看,这是特瑞 伊恩和我哥哥霍华德 |
[11:45] | – Oh, let’s see. – Oh, Howard looks so handsome. | – 哦,让我看看 – 哦,霍华德看起来多帅啊 |
[11:48] | Uh, that was the year Howard took the boys to see the World Cup match. | 那年霍华德带着他们去看世界杯比赛 |
[11:52] | I used to be a very good football player. | 我以前足球踢得不错 |
[11:54] | He was till he broke his leg. | 嗯,他腿断之前,是的 |
[11:56] | I always hoped Terry would take to it. You were very good. | 我一直希望特瑞能继承下去 你踢得也很不错的 |
[11:59] | He excelled at sports. I always said you should open a sports shop. | 他各种运动都很擅长 你应该开个运动用品店 |
[12:03] | Yeah, but I need financial backing. Costs a lot to own a shop. | 是啊,不过我需要经济上的支援啊 开店需要花很多钱的 |
[12:06] | Then you’d be your own boss, wouldn’t you? | 然后你就能自己当老板了,不是么? |
[12:08] | Yeah, Terry was athletic and Ian was- | 嗯,特瑞是运动型的,伊恩是… |
[12:11] | – The brains, she wants to say. Yeah. – No. | – 她想说“头脑型的” – 不是吧 |
[12:13] | She thinks I’ll be offended by it. Great. | 她以为我会因此而发火呢,呵呵 |
[12:15] | Everybody predicted great things for Ian. | 每个人都说伊恩会有出息 |
[12:17] | – He’s so nice-looking and personable. – Yeah. | – 他英俊潇洒,风度翩翩 – 是啊 |
[12:19] | Now it’s a mystery to me why he’s not more successful. | 真是不清楚他为什么一直没能成功 |
[12:23] | Because he’s not content with what he has. | 因为他总是对现状不满 |
[12:25] | He sees himself like Howard, with a fancy life. | 他总梦想自己能成为霍华德 过着奢华的生活 |
[12:27] | Always got some scheme. Always waiting for his ship to come in. | 总是在计划着什么 总是在等待他的机会来临 |
[12:31] | Well, his ship won’t come in at the restaurant. He does that out of a son’s love for his father. | 他的机会才不会在餐馆出现 他这么做是因为他爱他的父亲 |
[12:35] | Like the poet said: ” The only ship certain to come in has black sails.” | 就像诗里说的 “唯一肯定会来的船,一定挂着黑帆” |
[12:45] | Go on! | 快啊! |
[12:48] | Go on! | 加油! |
[12:50] | Come on! Ahh! | 加油!!啊…… |
[12:53] | Go on- Ohh! Shit! | 快跑啊!啊!!妈的! |
[12:58] | Oh, lend us another couple of hundred. | 再借我两百吧 |
[13:01] | – That’s eight. – I know. I can count. | – 那就是八百了 – 我知道,我会数数 |
[13:09] | – Hello. – Hello, babe. | – 嘿 – 你好啊,亲爱的 |
[13:11] | – You met me from work. – Yeah. | – 你来接我下班? – 是啊 |
[13:14] | – You’re too gorgeous. – I got you something. | – 你太棒了 – 我有好东西要送给你 |
[13:18] | – No. – Go on. | – 不会吧 – 打开看看 |
[13:20] | You didn’t. Oh, my God! | 你不会吧!哦,天啊! |
[13:24] | – Oh, wow. You’re too naughty. – Do you like it? | – 哦… 天啊… – 喜欢么? |
[13:27] | – Do I like it? That is beautiful. – I wanted you to have it. | – 喜欢!太漂亮了… – 收下它吧 |
[13:31] | God. How much is that- I’m not gonna even ask about the money… | 天啊,这个得要多少钱… 我都不想问价钱了 |
[13:35] | – ’cause I’m sure I know where you got it. – You wouldn’t believe. | – 因为我肯定知道你是从哪儿搞来的钱 – 你不会相信的 |
[13:38] | – What? – I was losing at first, and my luck changed. | – 什么? – 我开始一直在输,然后突然我的运气就变好了 |
[13:41] | Oh, yeah? | 哦,是么? |
[13:42] | And I was in over me head, but sometimes you get the feeling. | 当时我输的很惨,但是有的时候 你有一种感觉 |
[13:45] | I can’t even explain it. I know it’s not your birthday, but I thought you’d like it. | 我不知道怎么去解释它 我知道今天不是你的生日,不过我还是要送给你 |
[13:49] | Oh, and I’m glad you did. Oh, it’s gorgeous. Thank you. | 哦,这个包真漂亮,谢谢 |
[13:52] | – You’re welcome. How was work? – Boring. Boring. But look at my bag. | – 不客气,工作如何? – 无聊,很无聊,不过看看我的包 |
[13:57] | My boyfriend doesn’t have to know. | 我男朋友不需要知道 |
[14:00] | – Know what? – What we’re going to do. | – 知道什么? – 我们要做的事 |
[14:02] | – What are we going to do? – What do you want to do? | – 我们要做什么? – 你想要做什么? |
[14:06] | It’s a very wicked way to cheat Alan. | 这样骗艾伦很不道德 |
[14:10] | To deceive him so blatantly. | 如此公然的欺骗他 |
[14:13] | I never said I was nice. In fact, I think that’s why you’re so turned on by me. | 我从来没说过我是好人 实际上,正因为如此你才对我这么着迷 |
[14:18] | It’s one of those nights, you know… | 你知道,这只是个普通的夜晚 |
[14:21] | when those elements just blend to perfection. | 所有的元素都完美的融合在一起 |
[14:25] | – Angela. Uh, you were terrific. – Oh, hi. Um, Ian. | – 安吉拉,哦,你太棒了 – 哦,嗨…嗯…伊恩 |
[14:28] | – Fantastic. You were brilliant. – Oh, thank you. Oh, well… | – 太棒了,你真是太棒了 – 哦,谢谢,嗯… |
[14:31] | the director put in a scene at the last minute and we were completely thrown off. | 导演在最后一分钟的时候突然决定要加场戏 我们都要疯掉了 |
[14:34] | – It didn’t show. I thought it was great. – That’s very sweet of you. | – 没看出来啊,我觉得很棒啊 – 谢谢 |
[14:37] | – All of you, great. Thanks for the tickets. – Thank you for rescuing me. | – 你们都很棒啊,谢谢你的票 – 谢谢你上次帮我 |
[14:42] | I thought the play was brilliant. You-You were very special in it. | 我觉得这场戏真的很精彩 你… 你在里面很特别 |
[14:44] | – Special? – Yeah, special. | – 特别? – 对,特别 |
[14:46] | Well, you know, can I take you for a drink? | 呃,我能请你喝一杯么? |
[14:50] | – On the way. Good. – See you. | – 我先走了 – 再见 |
[14:53] | – Still on for Sunday night? – Yeah, definitely. | – 没忘记周日晚上吧? – 嗯,不会忘的 |
[14:55] | – Good. Can’t wait. – Um, sorry. What were you saying? | – 好的,我都等不及了 – 对不起,你刚刚说什么? |
[14:57] | Uh, just wondered if you wanted to come for a drink. | 哦,只是问你要不要一起去喝一杯 |
[15:00] | Uh, yeah. Sure. I can only stay for one though. I’ve got to be up early tomorrow. | 好啊,当然可以,不过我只能喝一杯 我明天要早起 |
[15:04] | I’m doing a film for the BBC. | 我在为BBC拍片子 |
[15:06] | Does it bother you coming out nude onstage every night… | 每天晚上都要在舞台上脱光衣服 你不觉得困扰么 |
[15:09] | – and doing all the kinky sex scenes? – That’s only acting. | – 然后还要演那些古怪的性爱场面? – 那只是演戏而已 |
[15:12] | I’m not self-conscious about that sort of thing. | 我不会为那种事情觉得困扰的 |
[15:15] | I mean, the whole point of my character is to create an erotic tension. | 我是说,我所演的角色 就是为了要塑造一种情色的氛围 |
[15:19] | You’re very convincing. The audience gets very quiet. | 你演的很令人信服 观众们都变得很安静 |
[15:23] | I think it’s a very moral play, don’t you think? | 我觉得这部戏很有道德意义的 你不觉得么? |
[15:26] | – Moral? In what way? – Well, about evil, about fate. | – 道德?哪方面的? – 嗯,关于邪恶,命运 |
[15:31] | I’m not an experienced playgoer. | 我不是很经常看戏的 |
[15:34] | I do think that the writing is very pessimistic. | 但我觉得剧本有点悲观 |
[15:37] | And all that stuff about life being a tragic experience. | 说生活中所有的一切都是悲剧 |
[15:41] | I think we make our own fate. I believe that. | 我认为我们可以自己创造命运 我相信这一点 |
[15:43] | Yeah, I think we make our fate too. | 嗯,我也相信 我们能创造我们自己的命运 |
[15:45] | – Helen, this is Ian. – Hello. | – 海伦,这位是伊恩 – 你好 |
[15:47] | Hi. Ellis Pell asked me for your phone number. | 你好,埃利斯 佩尔 问我要了你的电话 |
[15:50] | – And I didn’t think you’d mind. – Mind? Did he say when he might call? | – 你不会介意我把你的号码给他了吧? – 介意?他有没有说什么时候会打来? |
[15:54] | If anything happens, I want the details. | 如果发生了什么事的话,我要知道详情 |
[15:57] | Well, I should go. Thank you again for coming to my aid on the road. | 啊,我该走了 再次感谢你在路上帮了我 |
[16:02] | I dreamt about you the next two nights. | 后来的两个晚上我都梦到了你 |
[16:05] | Being rescued is one of my wicked dreams. | 被人援救是我邪恶的梦 |
[16:08] | It’s not very wicked being rescued. | 被人援救又没什么邪恶的 |
[16:11] | It’s what you did to me after. | 但接下来的事情就是了 |
[16:15] | Will I see you again? | 我能再见你么? |
[16:17] | Well, you can try now you know where to find me. | 嗯,你可以试试看啊 你已经知道在哪儿能找到我了 |
[16:22] | – Oi, Ter. – Oi, Mike. | – 特瑞 – 迈克 |
[16:25] | You all right? You got my dough? | 你还好吧?有钱还给我了么? |
[16:28] | Yeah. Hang on a minute. | 有的,等一下啊 |
[16:30] | So I hear you’ve been a bit lucky at cards lately. | 听说你最近打牌手气不错啊 |
[16:32] | It’s not just cards. Backed a lot of winners at the dogs. | 不光光是玩牌,我赛狗也赢了不少 |
[16:35] | Oh, yeah? | 哦,是么? |
[16:36] | – You know what my theory is? – No. Go on. | – 你知道我的理论是什么? – 不知道,你说 |
[16:38] | It comes in streaks. Gotta be willing to push your luck when it’s hot. | 运气是一阵一阵的 你应该趁你运气好的时候搏一搏 |
[16:41] | Right. | 嗯 |
[16:44] | So, uh, what’s the most you’re willing to play for then? | 那么,你最多敢玩多大? |
[16:47] | What’s the most? I don’t know. I’m for real. | 玩多大?我不知道 我很现实的 |
[16:50] | I mean, I don’t want to wind up paying people back the rest of my life. | 我可不想沦落到余生都在偿还赌债 |
[16:54] | Vultures like you chasing me for money. | 被你这种秃鹰到处追着要钱 |
[16:56] | Why’d you ask? | 怎么了? |
[16:58] | Well, there’s a big game every Friday night at the Alwyn Hotel. | 每个周五晚上 伊尔文宾馆那儿都有大的赌局 |
[17:01] | – Do you know it? – Yeah. | – 你听说过么? – 嗯 |
[17:03] | And it’s big money, mate. I’m not sure if you’re up for it. | 伙计,那儿的赌注很大 不知道你敢不敢玩 |
[17:05] | How much? | 有多大? |
[17:06] | Well, put it this way, Sammy Bush walked out with 60 grand last week. | 嗯,萨米 布什上周从那儿拿走了六万 |
[17:09] | Oh, too rich for my blood. | 哦,我可玩不起,太厉害了 |
[17:11] | Well, just thought, seeing as you were flush, I thought you might be up for it. | 嗯,只是看你最近比较走运 以为你会想试试看 |
[17:15] | – Sixty grand? – Well, just thought I’d mention it, that’s all. | – 六万? – 呵呵,就当作我随便说说吧 |
[17:18] | – All right, Mike. – I’ll let you know about it though, all right? | – 好的,麦克 – 有事我还会通知你的,好么? |
[17:21] | – All right. – Be lucky. Don’t work too hard, will ya? | – 好的 – 祝你好运,别太辛苦了,好么? |
[17:23] | Take care. | 拜拜 |
[17:26] | – Oh, it’s lovely. – Good. I’m glad you like it. | – 哦,这很漂亮 – 嗯,你喜欢就好 |
[17:28] | – Yeah, it’s gorgeous. – I do think that, uh, 295 is a pretty good price. | – 是啊,太漂亮了 – 我也这么认为,29.5万也是个好价钱 |
[17:32] | – Well, it’s pretty expensive, though, isn’t it? – A lot of money. | – 不过还是太贵了,不是么? – 的确,不少钱啊 |
[17:34] | It’s a rising market. This is your chance to jump in. | 还会涨的,你们现在买的话正是时候 |
[17:36] | You’re first-time buyers. There’s no chain involved. | 你们是第一次买房 也没什么可担心的 |
[17:38] | Right. | 嗯 |
[17:38] | – You know, you should consider that. – Right. We will. | – 嗯,你们应该考虑一下 – 好的,我们会的 |
[17:40] | – We’ll think about it. – Good. I’ll be in the car, yeah? | – 我们会想想的 – 好的,我就在车里呆着,好么? |
[17:43] | – All right. Thanks. – I really like it though. I think it’s gorgeous. | – 好的,谢谢 – 我很喜欢,太漂亮了 |
[17:46] | – I’m just figuring the cost. – I can do it. | – 我在算价钱 – 我们能负担的起的 |
[17:49] | What I earn at the pub and your wages, easily, yeah. | 我在酒吧赚的钱,再加上你的薪水,很容易的 |
[17:52] | I need somewhere to practice me trumpet without the neighbors complaining. | 我要找个地方练我的喇叭 一个不会被邻居抱怨的地方 |
[17:55] | You can practice anywhere. You don’t play anymore anyway. You and your trumpet. | 你在哪儿都能练习的啊 再说你很久都没有碰过你的喇叭了 |
[18:00] | – You really like it? – I do. It’s got a little garden. | – 你真的喜欢? – 嗯,它还带着个小花园 |
[18:03] | – We’ll figure out a way to do it. – Really? Oh, really? | – 我们会想到方法来买它的 – 真的?真的么? |
[18:06] | – Yeah. – I love it. | – 真的 – 我很喜欢它 |
[18:10] | Fifteen thousand. | 一万五 |
[18:14] | Fifteen thousand. | 一万五 |
[18:16] | No. I’m out. | 我不跟了 |
[18:18] | Yeah, me too. | 我也不跟了 |
[18:28] | It’s 15,000 to you, Terry. | 你呢?特瑞? |
[18:30] | Uh… | 嗯… |
[18:35] | All right, I’ll see ya. | 好吧,我跟 |
[18:43] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[18:45] | Played. | 好牌 |
[18:52] | Lend us 5,000. | 借我五千 |
[18:57] | Want 10? | 要一万么? |
[18:59] | Lend us 5,000. Thanks. | 借我五千,谢谢 |
[19:04] | Oh, you all right? Good to see you. | 哦,你好,很高兴见到你 |
[19:07] | – Angela. – Hi. | – 安吉拉 – 嗨 |
[19:09] | – Hey, gorgeous. You off? – Oh, hey, babe. Listen, I left my phone at yours. | – 嘿,美女,你要走了么? – 哦,嘿,亲爱的,我把电话忘在你那儿了 |
[19:12] | – Um, pick it up tomorrow? – Okay. That’s fine. | – 嗯,明天来拿? – 好的 |
[19:14] | – You were great tonight. – Thank you. | – 你今晚很棒 – 谢谢 |
[19:16] | Look, uh, well, I was just in the area and I wondered if you were free tonight? | 嗯,我正好路过这儿 你今晚有空么? |
[19:21] | – Um, no. No, I’m not, actually. – Oh. | – 哦,我今晚有事 – 哦 |
[19:23] | Um, I’d much rather go for a drink with you than this date… | 比起这个约会来 我更想和你出去喝一杯… |
[19:27] | but, um, can’t really get out of it. | 但是,呃,实在没办法 |
[19:29] | Well, I-I-I understand. I thought I would give it a try. | 我… 我知道了 我只是问问看而已 |
[19:32] | Well, if you are free tomorrow, I’m doing a photo shoot in Brighton. | 你明天有空的话… 我在布赖顿拍照片 |
[19:36] | – A photo shoot? – Yeah. I’m just modeling a few things. | – 拍照片? – 是的,我在做模特 |
[19:39] | You could, um, come if you like. Spend the afternoon together? | 你想的话,可以过来 嗯,一起过下午怎么样? |
[19:42] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | – 真的? – 嗯 |
[19:45] | All right. | 好啊 |
[19:50] | Terry? Terry. Thank God you’re here. Look, I know it’s early- | 特瑞?哦,特瑞,还好你在这儿 听着,我知道现在还… |
[19:53] | – Ian, I won ?0,000 last night. – What? What? | – 伊恩,我昨晚赢了三万 – 什么?什么? |
[19:56] | – ?0,000 playing poker. – 30 grand? | – 我玩扑克赢了三万英镑 – 三万? |
[19:59] | Well, you need to put it in a bank and never play again. | 你该把它存进银行,不能再玩了 |
[20:01] | I can’t tell you the feeling. | 我没法描述这种感觉 |
[20:03] | My head was swimming. It was like I stepped out of my body. Every bet, every card. | 我感觉像灵魂出窍了一样 每一次下注,每一张牌 |
[20:06] | You lucky bast-You lucky bastard. | 你这个幸运的混… 你这个幸运的混蛋 |
[20:09] | – Can I tell you something? – What? | – 你知道么? – 什么? |
[20:11] | The real thrill? Almost losing. Knowing I was a card away from being wiped out and hanging in. | 真正的毛骨悚然?我差点输了 明知差一张牌我就完蛋了,可是我没放弃 |
[20:15] | Yeah. What about Kate? She must be over the moon. | 是么,凯特呢?她一定开心死了 |
[20:17] | Oh, she doesn’t know. | 哦,她还不知道呢 |
[20:18] | – No? – No. She’d never understand. Not these stakes. | – 不知道? – 她不会理解的 |
[20:21] | – Plus, I need the cash to play again. – Terry. | – 而且,我需要本钱继续玩 – 特瑞 |
[20:24] | If I lose it back, then I lose it back, all right? | 如果我输了,就当我从来没赢过这笔钱不就好了 |
[20:26] | My goal is to make enough money to buy this house we saw. Then I’ll tell her. | 我的目标是赢足够的钱去买我们看的那套房子 然后我才告诉她 |
[20:29] | Right. I suppose now is as good a time as any to ask if I could borrow a few hundred quid. | 好吧,我想现在是管你借几百块钱的大好时机吧 |
[20:34] | – Of course. What’s mine is yours. – Thanks. | – 当然,我的就是你的 – 谢谢 |
[20:37] | Thirty grand. That is a lot of cash, Terry. | 三万,这可不少啊,特瑞 |
[20:39] | – Why is you here this hour? – I need to borrow the X.K. again. | – 这么早跑这儿来干吗? – 我想再借一下那辆X.K. |
[20:42] | – Uh, it’s not here, Brother. – What? | – 哦,那辆车不在这儿了 – 什么? |
[20:45] | – Got a heavy date? – Yeah. How did you know? | – 有重要的约会? – 是啊,你怎么知道? |
[20:47] | – Well, loan us some money, borrow the flash car. – Oh, yeah. | – 又是借钱又是借车的 – 哦,是啊 |
[20:50] | What am I gonna do? I do need that car. | 那我怎么办?我需要那辆车的 |
[20:53] | – There is a nice E-type here. – Is there? | – 还有辆E型车 – 是么? |
[20:55] | I promised it back today… | 我答应今天会送还的… |
[20:57] | – but I guess I can manipulate things for tomorrow. – Let’s have a look. | – 但我想应该可以拖到明天 – 让我看看 |
[21:00] | Oh, that’s nice. Yeah, that will do. | 哦,不错,嗯,可以 |
[21:02] | Playin’ the big shot since we were this high. | 我们这么大就会装阔了 |
[21:04] | All right, don’t rub my nose in it. You should see her. She’s so beautiful, this woman. | 好啦,别再糗我了 你真该见见她,她太漂亮了 |
[21:07] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | – 是么? – 是啊 |
[21:09] | Don’t smash it up. We’d have a lot of explaining to do. | 小心别撞坏了,要不然要解释半天的 |
[22:25] | – Where the bloody hell were you yesterday? – I couldn’t make it in. | – 你昨天跑哪儿鬼混去了? – 有事 |
[22:28] | You’re supposed to be here. No one knew what the bloody hell they were doing. | 你应该在这儿 没人知道该怎么弄 |
[22:32] | You weren’t here. You weren’t answering your mobile. | 你不在这儿,也不接手机 |
[22:35] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 对不起,对不起行了吧 |
[22:35] | You waltz in here at 10 past 3:00 in the afternoon. | 你下午3点10分才慢悠悠的晃过来 |
[22:39] | We were inspected yesterday. Now they’re gonna turn us over. | 昨天我们被检查了 他们要举报我们了 |
[22:41] | Look, I’m sorry. Sometimes I have a life of my own. | 对不起行了吧 我有时候也有私事的啊 |
[22:44] | What? Doing what? Some crackpot financial scheme, eh? Or is it a woman? | 私事?什么私事? 什么破财务规划?还是女人? |
[22:48] | – Yes, Terry told me you had a date. – Yes, I was with a girl. | – 对,特瑞告诉我说你有个约会 – 对,我和一个女孩出去约会了 |
[22:51] | I’ve never been with a girl like this before, Dad. | 我从来没和这样的女孩在一起过 |
[22:53] | She was beautiful and classy and smart. Just leave it. Leave it. | 她美丽、优雅、聪明… 总之别管我 |
[22:59] | When they arrived, they found these two literary geniuses… | 当他们到达的时候 他们发现这两位文学天才 |
[23:02] | floating around in the middle of the ocean in their life jackets sipping martinis. | 穿着救生衣,漂在大海上 喝着马丁尼 |
[23:08] | That’s just what I was saying. Sailing can be dangerous. | 就像我说的,航海是很危险的 |
[23:10] | – Well, Ian has a boat. – Oh, really? | – 嗯,伊恩有艘船 – 哦,真的? |
[23:13] | Oh, just a little sailboat, yeah. | 呃,只是艘小帆船,呵呵 |
[23:15] | I’ve always wanted to sail around the Greek islands. | 我一直都想坐船环游希腊群岛 |
[23:17] | – Oh, God, that’d be fun, wouldn’t it? – Yeah. | – 哦,那一定很好玩 – 是啊 |
[23:20] | Do you actually sleep on the boat? | 你真能睡在船上么? |
[23:22] | You can. It’s very small, but, yes, you can. | 可以啊,虽然有点小,不过可以的 |
[23:24] | – So what do you do, Ian? – I’m in business. | – 那,你是做什么的,伊恩? – 我做投资的 |
[23:26] | – Hotels in California. Come. Shall we dance? – Yes. | – 加利福尼亚的旅馆,我们去跳舞吧? – 好 |
[23:33] | Do you know what? Those two make such a beautiful couple. | 他们两个真是般配啊 |
[23:36] | I think it’s their duty to reproduce. | 我认为繁殖,是他们的使命 |
[23:40] | Take me sailing. | 带我去航海 |
[23:44] | I will. | 我会的 |
[23:46] | I love it. You’re so charmingly awkward with my friends. | 我喜欢你这样,和我朋友在一起那么尴尬 却还是那么有魅力 |
[23:51] | It’s so sweet. | 你真好 |
[23:57] | Take me to the Greek islands. Take me all around the world. | 带我去希腊群岛 带我周游世界 |
[24:04] | I want us to go to California together. | 我想要和你一起去加利福尼亚 |
[24:12] | Terry, I need to talk to you about money again. I’m sorry. | 特瑞,不好意思,我得再管你借点钱了 |
[24:16] | I wondered if I could borrow the X.K. or the “E”? | 还能不能再借我 X.K. 或者 E型用下? |
[24:19] | What’s the matter with you? You look like death warmed up. | 你怎么了? 怎么看起来像活死人似的? |
[24:22] | Ian, I lost a lot of money in a card game last night. | 伊恩,我昨天晚上输了很多钱 |
[24:26] | – Well, how much? – A lot. Come here. | – 多少? – 很多,来 |
[24:30] | Well, what is a lot? How much? | 很多?很多是多少? |
[24:32] | – I lost back the 30. – Yeah. | – 我把那三万全输回去了 – 哦 |
[24:34] | Plus another ?0,000. | 再加上九万 |
[24:37] | Terry, what is wrong with you? | 特瑞,你疯了? |
[24:39] | It was like I was in a trance. | 我好像有点迷糊 |
[24:41] | – I knew what was happening, but I still kept going. – Well, that makes me sick. | – 我知道我在干什么,可我就是停不下来 – 天啊,我要疯了 |
[24:46] | How are you going to pay back ?0,000? | 你怎么还这九万英镑啊? |
[24:49] | I have to. I borrowed it with heavy interest. | 我不得不还,我借的钱,利息很高 |
[24:52] | What, from loan sharks? Terry, they’re gonna break your legs. | 你借高利贷? 特瑞,他们会打断你的腿的 |
[24:55] | I kept borrowing and borrowing. I figured me luck had to change, but it only got worse. | 我不停的在借,我以为我该转运了 可是却越来越糟 |
[24:59] | Well, I would like to be sympathetic, but you make me so angry. ?0,000? | 我应该表示同情 不过你让我冒火,九万啊! |
[25:04] | Ah, Ian, what am I gonna do? | 伊恩,我该怎么办啊? |
[25:08] | I don’t know what you’re gonna do. | 我怎么知道该怎么办 |
[25:11] | You don’t help yourself with the whiskey and these pills. | 威士忌和这些药片可帮不了你 |
[25:14] | I get migraines, Ian. Don’t get on me. I need help. | 我头都大了,伊恩 别对我吼,我需要帮助 |
[25:17] | Well, how am I gonna help you? | 你要我怎么帮你啊? |
[25:19] | Terry. Terry, I’m just a two-bit player myself who plays a big shot in borrowed cars. | 特瑞,特瑞,我只是个靠借来的车 装阔气的微不足道的小混混 |
[25:25] | – I haven’t got any money. – You got some money put away. You told me. | – 我没钱啊 – 你有存一些钱的,你告诉过我的 |
[25:28] | I have a little saved for this business proposition, this investment, the hotel thing… | 我是存了一些 那些是为我的商业规划,投资旅馆用的 |
[25:32] | but I haven’t even got enough for that. | 我自己都不够呢 |
[25:35] | – How am I meant to help you? – Well, I have to borrow some of it. | – 你要我怎么帮你啊? – 你得借点给我 |
[25:38] | Just to make a couple of payments. | 先还给他们一点 |
[25:41] | – To stall them till I figure out what to do. – What are you gonna do? | – 至少在我想出办法之前可以拖住他们 – 想出什么办法? |
[25:44] | – I don’t know. – To do what? | – 我不知道 – 你要做什么? |
[25:46] | Terry, I came down to see you. And now you’re asking for my savings? Jesus Christ! | 特瑞,我过来看你 你却管我要钱,天啊! |
[25:52] | – I’m in real trouble, Ian. – Yes, you’re in real trouble. | – 伊恩,这次我麻烦大了 – 是的,你麻烦大了 |
[26:37] | – Happy birthday, Mum. – Cheers. | – 生日快乐,老妈 – 干杯 |
[26:40] | Well, I’m having a fine time… | 嗯?我这儿正开心着呢 |
[26:42] | and you two look like you got the weight of the world on your shoulders. | 你们俩怎么看着像天塌下来一样? |
[26:45] | No, no, it’s not- No, it’s not- We’re all right. I’m fine. | 不,不,没事,我们没事 |
[26:48] | – Yeah, me too. – No, don’t say you are. | – 对,我们没事 – 什么没事 |
[26:50] | I wake up 3:00 in the morning last night, he’s not there. | 我昨晚3点钟爬起来的时候 他不在 |
[26:53] | I go into the front room, and he’s sitting there talking to himself. What’s that about? | 我走到客厅,发现他坐在那儿一个人自言自语的 怎么回事? |
[26:57] | Well, your father’s already started to forget names and confuse things. | 你们的父亲已经开始忘记名字 记不清事情了 |
[27:01] | In Terry’s case it won’t be dementia. It will be blended whiskey. | 特瑞的话,不是因为痴呆,而是威士忌 |
[27:04] | Don’t tell her that. She’ll think he’s alcoholic because you passed him your genes. | 别这么说,她会以为 就是因为你的遗传才让他变成酒鬼的 |
[27:10] | – Mum, what did Uncle Howard get you? – Flowers. | – 妈,霍华德舅舅送什么给你了 – 鲜花 |
[27:12] | – Aren’t they pretty? And ?,000. – Oh, they’re gorgeous. | – 很漂亮吧?还有1000英镑 – 哦,是的,很漂亮 |
[27:16] | He never forgets, Howard, does he? | 霍华德舅舅从来没忘记过你的生日,是么? |
[27:17] | What’s it to him? A crumb. If I had that kind of wealth I’d send you some real money. | 这对他来说算什么?要是我的话 我会送你一大笔钱的 |
[27:22] | But you don’t have it. | 可是你没钱 |
[27:24] | We’ll always be dependent on Howard. Thank the Lord the man’s a prince. | 我们一直依靠着霍华德 感谢上帝,他就像个王子一样 |
[27:28] | Did he say where he is? | 他有说过他现在在哪儿么? |
[27:29] | Well, he was still in China, but I think he’s going on holiday to Thailand. | 他还在中国,不过我想他可能会去泰国度假 |
[27:34] | – Oh. – Yeah. | – 哦 – 嗯 |
[27:38] | – Mum, can I speak to you a minute? – Yeah. | – 妈,我能和你说两句么? – 怎么了? |
[27:43] | – I need to borrow some money. – How much? | – 我需要借点钱 – 多少? |
[27:46] | Any part of that ?,000 you can lend me. Well, all of it, if you can. | 从那1000镑里拿出些给我好了 如果可以的话,都借给我 |
[27:51] | So what happened? Did your great winning streak come to an abrupt end? | 到底怎么了?你这个伟大的常胜将军 终于迎来了悲惨的结局了? |
[27:54] | – Mum- – What was it? Cards or dice? | – 妈… – 怎么输的?牌?骰子? |
[27:58] | – Oh, what the bloody hell’s the difference? – Don’t lecture me, Mum. | – 哦,有什么区别 – 别再教训我了,妈 |
[28:02] | – All right, I’ll pay it back. – With what? You owe everybody you know money. | – 我会还给你的 – 你用什么还?所有认识的人你都欠着钱 |
[28:07] | If I give you my birthday present, I can say good-bye to it. | 要是我把生日礼物给了你 我就别想再拿回来了 |
[28:10] | All right then, forget it! All right? | 好啦,当我没说过,可以吧? |
[28:13] | I knew I was asking the wrong person. | 我就知道我问错人了 |
[28:15] | Your dad needs it to pay to the bank. The restaurant’s sucking him dry. | 你老爸需要钱来付给银行 这个餐馆已经要把他榨干了 |
[28:20] | So let him dump it then. | 那就关掉好了 |
[28:21] | He’s put his whole life into it. It’s not about the money. | 他把他的全部都投进去了 这不是钱的问题 |
[28:25] | Well, isn’t Ian helping to get it back on its legs? | 伊恩不是在帮他么? |
[28:28] | Ian can only do so much, and his heart’s not in it. | 伊恩一个人能力有限 况且他的心思也不在那个上面 |
[28:31] | But at least he’s got some conscience. You never had any conscience. | 但他起码还有些良心,你却一点都没 |
[28:35] | – And Brian’s not what he was. – Can’t Uncle Howard help? | – 布赖恩也早就变了 – 霍华德舅舅不能帮上什么忙么? |
[28:38] | He’s too proud to ask Howard again, and he won’t let me. | 他自尊心太强,不肯去找霍华德 他也不准我去找 |
[28:42] | Well, those two never really got along. | 他们两个从来都处不好 |
[28:44] | Yes, ’cause you rub his nose in Howard’s success. | 那是因为你老用霍华德来糗他 |
[28:46] | Don’t you lecture me! | 你还有脸教训我? |
[28:48] | Drink and gambling, that’s your answer to life’s problems. | 酗酒、赌博 这就是为什么你落到这个下场 |
[28:57] | – Someone at the restaurant is stealing from me. – What? | – 餐馆里有人在偷我的钱 – 什么? |
[29:02] | Oh, I suspect Lewis, the bookkeeper. He’s the only logical one. | 我怀疑是会计刘易斯 只有他有可能偷钱 |
[29:05] | But I’ve known him for years, and I can’t bring myself to accuse him. | 不过认识他这么多年了 我不可能跑去质问他啊 |
[29:10] | Oh, Dad. It’s, uh- | 哦,老爸… |
[29:14] | – It’s not Lewis. It’s me. – You? | – 不是刘易斯偷的,是我拿的 – 你? |
[29:17] | Yeah. But I wasn’t stealing it. I had every intention of returning it. | 对,不过我不是想要偷 我绝对打算要还的 |
[29:22] | I hope you know I would never steal from you. | 我希望你知道 我是永远不会偷你的钱的 |
[29:24] | It’s just that Terry got himself in some debt… | 不过特瑞他欠了些债… |
[29:27] | and I’ve been- I’ve been trying to help him out. | 我想… 帮帮他 |
[29:29] | And I had to use some money I’d set aside for some business ventures. | 我连自己存下来用来投资的钱都拿出来了 |
[29:33] | What business ventures? Do you want to leave the restaurant? | 什么投资?你不打算在餐馆作了么? |
[29:35] | Yeah, of course, one day, Dad. I can’t stay there forever. It will kill me. | 是啊,当然了,总有一天我要离开的啊 我不可能永远呆在餐馆的啊,那会憋死我的 |
[29:39] | But not- not next week or anything. | 但不是说下周就要走这样的 |
[29:42] | Look, I’ve met this incredible girl. | 我遇见了个女孩 |
[29:44] | You stole money. | 你偷钱… |
[29:46] | No. I’m trying to explain to you. You just don’t want to hear. | 不是,我这不是正在解释给你听么 你怎么不听呢 |
[29:49] | I had hoped I would be able to get it back there before you even noticed. | 我本来希望能在你发觉之前还回去的 |
[29:53] | I wasn’t trying to get away with anything. | 我并没想逃避什么 |
[29:55] | And I only took it because Terry and I got in a bind. | 我拿了钱只是因为 我和特瑞碰上了点小麻烦 |
[29:58] | – What kind of business venture? – Investment in hotels. | – 你要投资做什么? – 投资建旅馆 |
[30:02] | What the hell do you know about hotels? | 你又不懂什么旅馆的 |
[30:04] | Uncle Howard’s coming! | 霍华德舅舅要来了 |
[30:06] | Uncle Howard’s coming. He’ll be here tomorrow. | 霍华德舅舅要来了,他明天就到 |
[30:10] | He’ll only be in town for a little while, and then he’s leaving for the United States. | 他只会在这儿呆上几天 然后就要去美国了 |
[30:14] | But he wants to take us all out to lunch to celebrate my birthday. | 但是他邀请我们去吃午餐 庆祝我的生日 |
[30:17] | Well, I’m sure he’ll put on a big show and then you won’t see him again for another two years. | 哼,我肯定他会跑来炫上一番 然后再消失个两年 |
[30:21] | He’s a busy man. | 他很忙的 |
[30:23] | He hasn’t time to sit in front of the television, watching football and swilling beer. | 他连坐在电视前 看足球和喝啤酒的时间都没有 |
[30:27] | Get out of my way, Brian, please. Thank you. | 让开,布赖恩,谢谢 |
[30:34] | My plan is to get everything lined up in advance… | 我的计划是 先把事情都安排好 |
[30:37] | and with a bit of luck, we can close this deal sooner than we expected. | 如果运气好的话 我们能提前完成交易 |
[30:40] | I’m gonna ask my Uncle Howard if he can introduce you to some movers and shakers. | 我会问问霍华德舅舅 看看他是不是能给你介绍一些大人物 |
[30:45] | Oh, I don’t want to infringe. | 哦,我不想吃软饭 |
[30:47] | No, no, no, no. He works with a lot of movie industry people. He’s very social. | 不,不,我不是这个意思 他认识不少影视界的人,他很善于交际的 |
[30:50] | He plays- He plays golf with some top directors and some studio heads even. | 他常和大导演和制片打高尔夫 |
[30:54] | Oh. God, that would be a really big break for me. | 哦,那真的会让我出名的 |
[30:57] | Well, it’s a good time to ask for this favor. | 现在正好是请他帮忙的大好机会 |
[31:00] | Well, you’re so beautiful and talented. | 你这么漂亮,又有才华 |
[31:02] | All you need is a chance to meet some of the right people. | 你需要的只是一个机会而已 |
[31:16] | There he is. Howard. | 他在那儿呢,霍华德 |
[31:18] | – Howard! Oh, my God! – Hi. | – 霍华德! – 嘿 |
[31:21] | – Hello, love. You all right? – All right, darling, yes. | – 你好啊,亲爱的,还好么? – 嗯,亲爱的,我很好 |
[31:23] | – Happy birthday, sweetheart. There you are. – Oh, my God. | – 生日快乐,亲爱的,来,给你 – 哦,天哪 |
[31:26] | – Uncle Howard, this is Kate. – Oh, hello, Kate. | – 霍华德舅舅,这是凯特 – 哦,你好,凯特 |
[31:28] | Lovely to meet you. I’ve heard a lot about you. | 很高兴见到你 经常听到你的大名呢,总算见到真人了 |
[31:30] | – Yeah, well, it’s probably, uh, exaggeration. – You look great. | – 呵呵,那可能是,呃,有点言过其实了 – 你看起来不错 |
[31:34] | Oh, doesn’t he look wond- So-So where are we eating? | 哦,呵呵,那么,我们去哪儿吃饭? |
[31:36] | – We’re going, uh- I booked a table at Claridge’s. – Claridge’s? | – 我在卡拉吉订了位子 – 卡拉吉? |
[31:38] | Oh, we’re-we’re not dressed, really. | 哦,我们没穿正装啊 |
[31:40] | You can have rich food for once in your life. | 呵呵,难得奢侈一下 |
[31:43] | I’m sure your ulcer will survi- Did you see the doctor that I arranged for you? | 你的溃疡也应该不会有问题 你去看了我帮你安排的医生了么? |
[31:46] | – I did, yes. – He says it’s nothing serious, so- | – 我去过了 – 他说没什么大问题,所以… |
[31:48] | – Well, the pain’s damn serious, but- – Come on, Brian. | – 嗯,很痛,但是… – 好了,布赖恩 |
[31:50] | – What time we booked in? – Uh, 1:00, so we, uh-we better go, all right? | – 订的几点? – 一点,哦,我们最好出发吧,好么? |
[31:54] | Come on. Don’t get left behind. Come on. | 走吧,别跟丢了,走吧 |
[31:58] | You’d-You’d be amazed what’s happening in-in-in China today. | 你会对中国现在的变化感到大吃一惊的 |
[32:02] | It’s a really vital and exciting place. | 真是个生机勃勃,振奋人心的地方 |
[32:04] | Now there’s a trade surplus opening up… | 现在贸易顺差加大 |
[32:07] | and our clinic’s really gonna do well. | 我的诊所会赚大钱的 |
[32:09] | You wouldn’t think that the Chinese would be so into cosmetic surgery, would you? | 中国人会对美容手术那么感兴趣么? |
[32:14] | They’re-They’re capitalists, Kate. | 他们现在可是资本主义了,凯特 |
[32:16] | They’re-They’re-They’re way more capitalistic than we are. | 他们比我们还要资本主义的多 |
[32:18] | Right. | 是么 |
[32:19] | Do you know, I was hoping you’d bring your new wife. I’d love to meet her. | 我本来希望你能带你新娘来 我很想见见她 |
[32:22] | Ah, yes, I know. Well, Connie’s busy. | 啊,我知道,不过,康妮太忙了 |
[32:25] | She-She does a lot of work promoting our clinic back in L.A., so- | 她正在帮我拓展洛杉矶那边的业务,所以… |
[32:28] | But she really wanted to come. | 但她真的很想来的 |
[32:30] | And, Howard, you never think of having a family? | 霍华德,你没想过要建立个家庭么? |
[32:35] | – You’re my family. – Oh, Howard. | – 你们就是我的家庭啊 – 哦,霍华德 |
[32:39] | – Oh, Howard. – Thanks, Howard. | – 哦,霍华德 – 谢谢,霍华德 |
[32:40] | That’s sweet. | 你真贴心 |
[32:42] | Everything’s okay? You need anything? | 一切都还好么? 有什么需要的么? |
[32:44] | Well, we’re all right, thank God. But, look, Howard, I know the boys wanted to talk to you. | 感谢上帝,我们都很好 不过,霍华德,孩子们想要和你聊聊 |
[32:49] | Boys, I was just telling Howard that you’d want to talk to him privately. | 孩子们,我刚刚和霍华德说 你们想要和他私下聊聊 |
[32:53] | Uh, yeah, if-if-if you have some time. | 嗯,是啊,如,如果你有时间的话 |
[32:55] | When it’s convenient for you. | 等你有空的时候 |
[32:58] | Yeah, well, uh, we’ll just drop Brian and Dorothy at home… | 啊,我们先把布赖恩和桃乐茜送回家 |
[33:02] | and then we’ll-we’ll-we’ll have a drink, just the three of us. | 然后…我们去喝一杯吧,就我们三个 |
[33:05] | – There you go, boys. – All right, great. | – 好了吧,孩子们 – 好的,好的 |
[33:07] | That’s lovely, Howard. Thank you, darling. You made my day. | 你真好,霍华德,谢谢 |
[33:10] | I couldn’t help myself, Uncle Howard. | 我实在忍不住,霍华德舅舅 |
[33:13] | I mean, I know we talked about it and I gave you my word… | 我知道我们谈过这个事情,我也答应过你 |
[33:16] | but sometimes, I-I just get out of control, you know? | 但是,有时候… 我就失去控制了 |
[33:21] | I’ll get help. I promise it won’t happen again. | 我会找人帮忙 我保证不会再犯了 |
[33:25] | For Christ’s sake, Terry, stop cryin’. Uncle Howard’s not berating you. | 天啊,特瑞,别哭了 霍华德舅舅又没有在训你 |
[33:29] | He’s- He just- He’s drank a little too much. | 他有点…喝多了 |
[33:32] | Well, I-I-I don’t set myself up as a judge. | 我也不打算训你 |
[33:34] | I-I-I counsel common sense. I understand human needs. | 我能理解你,人都会犯错 |
[33:38] | All right. But I know I got myself into this bind and I’m aware of how serious it is. | 我知道我闯祸了 我也了解这很严重 |
[33:44] | Yeah, yes, I hear you. Now, y-you just- you just pull yourself together. | 好的,好的,我知道了 你振作一点 |
[33:46] | I’m not going to- I’m not going to lecture you. | 我不会… 不会对你说教的 |
[33:49] | I think losing such a steep amount is a lesson in itself… | 我想输了这么大笔钱 本身就是个教训了 |
[33:52] | much, much more than anything I could say. | 这比起我的说教来说要有用的多 |
[33:54] | God. I feel like suddenly I’m in a dream. | 天啊,我觉得好像突然在做梦一样 |
[33:57] | Well, everybody makes mistakes. We’ll deal with it. | 听着,每个人都会犯错 我们得面对它,解决它 |
[34:00] | The key is you-you-you recognize the need for help, okay? | 重要的是,你…你明白你错了 而且想要改正,好么? |
[34:05] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[34:07] | So, Ian, what’s on your mind? | 哪么,伊恩,你有什么事? |
[34:09] | Um… | 嗯… |
[34:11] | well, you always said if I found something I wanted to devote myself to to come to you. | 你经常说,如果我找到热衷的东西的话 就来找你 |
[34:16] | – Ian’s met this girl. – Let me tell it, Terry. | – 伊恩遇到了一个女孩 – 特瑞,让我自己来说 |
[34:20] | I have a chance of coming in on a surefire business deal. | 我有个绝对能成功的生意 |
[34:24] | Yeah, well, there’s no such thing as a surefire deal, but go on. | 呵呵,这世上可没有什么绝对能成功的生意 不过,继续说吧 |
[34:27] | There’s some partners want to invest in two hotels, in your neck of the woods, actually… | 有几个朋友想要投资两家旅馆 就在你家附近… |
[34:32] | in-in Los Angeles… | 在… 在洛杉矶 |
[34:34] | – and naturally, this requires an outlay of funds. – Oh, yeah. | – 当然,这需要一大笔钱 – 哦,是么 |
[34:38] | Which, of course, you would get back with interest. | 当然,我会连本带利的一起还给你 |
[34:41] | If the hotels show a profit. | 如果旅馆能盈利的话 |
[34:44] | They will, Uncle Howard. They will. | 能的,霍华德舅舅,一定能的 |
[34:46] | So what kind of money are we looking at? | 那么,你想要多少钱呢? |
[34:49] | ?0,000 or ?0,000. Possibly even ?00,000. | 7万或8万 可能的话,10万 |
[34:53] | Well, can I let my accountants have a look at what details you have? It could be of some help. | 那能不能让我的会计们看一下具体资料? 也许能有所帮助的 |
[34:59] | We’ll, I’ll be- I’ll be grateful for any guidance, of course… | 当然,我… 我会非常感谢任何的指导意见….. |
[35:01] | but, uh, I really need the money soon. | 但是… 呃… 我真的急需这笔钱 |
[35:05] | And-And who is this young woman? | 嗯… 那位年轻的女孩是? |
[35:08] | Ah. Well, our plan is to move to California. She’s an actress. | 啊,我们计划搬去加利福尼亚 她是个演员 |
[35:11] | I-I was gonna ask you if there were some people you-you might be able to introduce her to. | 我… 我正想问你能不能… 把她介绍给什么人 |
[35:17] | Oh, yeah, for sure. Contacts never hurt an aspiring talent. | 哦,当然可以 才华横溢的人也需要机会的 |
[35:21] | Oh, she would be so grateful, as would I. | 哦,她一定会很感激你的 我也一样 |
[35:23] | I’m obviously just crazy about her. | 我… 我为她痴迷 |
[35:26] | I’m very close with a lot of people in the film industry and some, uh- | 我和很多影视界的人很熟 还有些…嗯… |
[35:29] | – I just feel it’s- it’s now or never for me. – Oh, yeah. | – 我只是觉得… 机不可失 – 哦,是么 |
[35:33] | Yeah, I understand that feeling. You-You see a real opportunity, you really want to grab it. | 嗯,我知道那种感觉 你…看到了一个机会,你想抓住它 |
[35:38] | Otherwise, you spend the rest of your life wondering what might have been. | 否则,你的余生都会想要知道 将会发生些什么 |
[35:41] | We’ll both find a way to pay you back. | 我们都会想办法来还给你的 |
[35:44] | Yeah, well, I, um- | 嗯,我,嗯… |
[35:47] | I wanted to talk to you about that. | 我正想和你们聊聊这件事呢 |
[35:49] | Uh, let’s, um- let’s- let’s go under those trees. | 嗯… 我们… 到树下面说去 |
[36:04] | Well, um, I think you’ll agree that family loyalty cuts both ways. | 嗯,我想你们都同意 亲情是要双方来维护的 |
[36:09] | Oh, without a doubt. | 哦,当然 |
[36:10] | And thank God I’ve never had to ask you for anything… | 感谢上帝,我从来没有要求过你们为我做过什么 |
[36:12] | but, uh, the time has come when, uh, I need your help. | 但是… 嗯… 现在我需要你们的帮助 |
[36:17] | – Name it, Uncle Howard. – Anything. | – 尽管说吧,霍华德舅舅 – 叫我们做什么都行 |
[36:20] | Well, I seem to have got myself into a little situation. | 嗯,我遇到了点小麻烦 |
[36:23] | Yes? | 什么? |
[36:23] | Well, uh, actually, it’s, uh- it’s- it’s more serious than that. | 嗯… 实际上… 嗯… 不是小麻烦,事情满严重的 |
[36:27] | And, uh, after much thought, there don’t seem to be many options. | 我考虑再三,好像没什么选择 |
[36:30] | Right. | 是么 |
[36:30] | Well, there’s going to be a review in a few months… | 嗯,几个月之内 会有一个审查 |
[36:33] | an investigation into my, uh, business affairs, you know, the foundation and the clinics- | 针对我的… 生意 我的基金和诊所… |
[36:38] | and, uh, there’s a former member of staff… | 嗯… 有一个前任的工作人员 |
[36:40] | who is prepared to talk about things that could be extremely detrimental to me. | 他准备说出来的事情 将会对我非常不利 |
[36:45] | I, uh- extremely. | 我… 呃… 非常不利 |
[36:47] | But surely you have nothing to worry about. | 但是你应该没什么可担心的吧 |
[36:49] | Well, to be quite candid, l- | 嗯,坦白的说,我… |
[36:52] | I really can’t allow a colleague called Martin Burns… | 我实在不能让这个叫马丁 彭斯的人 |
[36:56] | to give certain evidence. | 提供…一些证物 |
[36:58] | But why? Sorry, I-I’m not following. | 但是为什么? 对不起… 我,我没听明白 |
[37:01] | Well, I-I’m in a very vulnerable position and the consequences could be dire. | 我… 我现在的处境比较敏感 后果可能会很糟糕 |
[37:05] | Well, what are the options? Is this Martin Burns unwilling to listen to reason? | 那么,有什么办法么? 不能和这个马丁 彭斯谈谈么? |
[37:08] | Well, unfortunately, I’ve had several discussions with him, and he just won’t see it my way. | 嗯,我已经和他谈过几次了 不过他好像不能接受 |
[37:14] | Well, why not? Is it not just a question of money? | 那为什么? 不就是钱的问题么? |
[37:16] | Well, not really. I don’t think compensation would change his mind… | 不,不是,我不认为用钱能改变他的主意 |
[37:19] | and, to be quite honest, it’s not a road I really want to go down. | 而且,老实说 我也不大想这么做 |
[37:23] | Well, what then? | 那要怎么做? |
[37:26] | Uh, I think Burns has to be got rid of. | 呃,我想彭斯一定要被处理掉 |
[37:30] | Rid of? | 处理掉? |
[37:33] | If there was any other solution, and believe me, I have racked my brains- | 如果有其他办法的话 相信我,我已经绞尽脑汁了… |
[37:36] | But unless he’s out of the picture… | 但是,除非他不存在 |
[37:38] | I am looking at a very long period of time in jail, what could be the rest of my life. | 否则我可能要坐很长时间的牢 可能我的余生就要在牢中度过了 |
[37:42] | My God. What have you done? | 我的天啊,你干了些什么? |
[37:44] | – Don’t talk to me like that! – I’m sorry. I-I didn’t mean any disrespect. | – 不准这样和我说话! – 对不起… 我,我并不是那个意思 |
[37:47] | I have made some very, very difficult decisions to avoid being ruined. | 为了避免破产 我做了一些非常、非常困难的决定 |
[37:52] | I was aware when I made them that I was having- that I was taking some kind of risk. | 我在做决定的时候我就知道 我是在冒险 |
[37:56] | But the stakes were enormous. I shouldn’t have to talk to you about betting on risks. | 但是代价实在是太大了 我不用和你解释什么是冒险吧 |
[37:59] | I didn’t mean anything. | 我没有任何意思 |
[38:00] | You don’t build what I’ve built by always playing by the book. | 如果你一直照规矩办事的话 是不可能有我今天这样的成就的 |
[38:03] | – Now you’ll find that out. – Uncle Howard, he didn’t mean to be rude. | – 你迟早都会明白的 – 霍华德舅舅,他只是随口说说 |
[38:06] | You didn’t question my ethics when you were, uh-when you wanted something from me. | 你们在伸手管我要钱的时候 可没有资格质问我的道德 |
[38:10] | Look, Uncle Howard, we’re not questioning your ethics. | 霍华德舅舅,我们并不是在质疑你的道德 |
[38:13] | – I’m sure you know what you’re doing. – We’re just surprised. | – 你也很清楚你要做些什么 – 我们只是被吓到了而已 |
[38:15] | Oh, what? Surprised? Surprised by what? Surprised that I need some help? | 哦?被吓到了?被什么吓到了? 被我也需要帮助吓到了? |
[38:19] | Surprised that, uh- that-that my life could fall apart… | 被我的…生活将支离破碎而吓到了? |
[38:23] | if this one weak sister, this ungrateful failure… | 就因为一个软弱的女人 一个不知感恩的废物 |
[38:25] | elects to sell me out to save his own skin? | 为了自保而出卖了我? |
[38:28] | By getting rid of him, do- do you mean- | 但是… 处理掉他… 你… 你是说… |
[38:33] | He cannot be allowed to testify by whatever means are necessary. | 不论采取任何手段 都不能让他出庭作证 |
[38:39] | He wants us to kill him. | 他要我们去杀了他 |
[38:41] | But at this point, I can see no other way. | 目前我没别的办法 |
[38:45] | I can’t beg it. I can’t buy it. | 求他,收买他,都不行 |
[38:47] | But this has to happen in order for me to survive. | 只有这么做才能让我平安无恙 |
[38:50] | – God. God. – Christ, be a man. | – 天啊,天啊 – 天啊,像个男人好么 |
[38:53] | I don’t want to kill anybody. | 我不想杀人 |
[38:55] | I need to know if you two can come through for me. You’re the only people I can turn to. | 我想要知道的是,你们愿不愿意帮我 你们是我唯一信任的人 |
[38:59] | But there must be people who do this sort of thing f-for a fee, I mean. | 可是… 不是有那种… 专门做这一行的人么? |
[39:04] | Well, I-I-I wouldn’t know how to find such a person. | 我… 我不知道上哪里找这种人 |
[39:07] | And if I did, they’d always have it over me… | 即使我知道也不能找他们 他们会永远抓着我的把柄 |
[39:10] | or-or they’d turn out to be some undercover policeman or something. | 或… 或者找到的人是个卧底警察什么的 |
[39:13] | I mean, I am in unfamiliar waters. | 我不是行家 |
[39:16] | I need the help of people who I can trust with my life. | 我需要我信任的人来帮助我 |
[39:20] | – I cannot kill somebody. – Oh, right. | – 我不能杀人 – 哦,是么 |
[39:23] | So that’s it, isn’t it? It’s fine to count on me, your mother… | 那,就这样了是么? 你们依赖我就可以,你母亲… |
[39:26] | your father when he couldn’t put food on the table. | 你父亲… 当他连家都养不活的时候 |
[39:29] | It’s fine for you to come- come to me for everything. | 你们向我要什么都可以,是么? |
[39:31] | It’s what you’re askin’, Uncle Howard. You can see the imbalance. | 可是你的要求… 霍华德舅舅 你不觉得太不公平了么 |
[39:35] | Burns could have an accident. | 彭斯可能会发生意外 |
[39:38] | Burns could be hit by car or- or killed in a street mugging. | 彭斯可能会出车祸 也可能被抢劫然后被杀 |
[39:42] | – Jesus Christ, Uncle Howard! – Stop! Stop simpering! | – 天啊,霍华德舅舅! – 闭嘴!少在这儿给我假惺惺的了! |
[39:45] | What the hell is wrong with you? | 你们怎么回事? |
[39:47] | You people come to me begging for favors. | 你们成天来找我帮忙 |
[39:50] | “Help me, Uncle Howard. I need money. I’m in over my head. | “帮帮我,霍华德舅舅 我需要钱,我晕头了 |
[39:53] | I made a mistake. Help me change my life.” | 我犯了错,帮我改变我的生活” |
[39:56] | How can I help you? How can I attend to your needs if I’m rotting away somewhere? | 我怎么帮你? 如果我烂在什么地方的话,我怎么帮你们? |
[40:02] | Christ, I can’t believe you’re putting me through this stuff. | 我真不相信你们这么对我 |
[40:05] | After what I’ve done for you, it should be automatic. | 我为你们做了这么多 你们应该不会说不的 |
[40:07] | Family is family. Blood is blood. | 家人就是家人 血脉就是血脉 |
[40:10] | You don’t ask questions. You protect your own. | 你不去问为什么 你保护你自己的家人 |
[40:13] | – I can’t do it! – It’s- It’s not that. | – 我做不到! – 不… 不是这回事啊 |
[40:16] | I mean, this is so much more than just a simple favor. | 这可远远的超出了一个简单的帮忙 |
[40:19] | Don’t lecture me. I wasn’t born yesterday. I realize- I know the gravity of what this- | 不要对我说教,我又不是昨天才出生的 我知道这样做的严重性 |
[40:25] | – Oh, please, just-just forget it. – I can’t do it! | – 哦,算了… 不提了 – 我做不到! |
[40:27] | You can do it! You make it look like an accident. It’s just that you won’t do it. | 你做得到!你只要做得像场意外就行了! 你只不过不想去做而已 |
[40:31] | I’ve got nobody else that I can count on. | 我没有其他可信任的人了 |
[40:35] | Don’t- Don’t bother. Forget I asked. | 算了… 当我没说过 |
[40:38] | Forget- Forget we know each other. Let’s have nothing more to do with each other… | 我们互不相识 以后也不要再联系我 |
[40:41] | because, obviously, your idea of family is, uh- is very different from mine. | 显然你们对家人的概念和我不同 |
[40:50] | I’ve never seen him like that. He was so angry. He was a different person. | 我从来没见过他这样 他这么生气,简直就变了个人 |
[40:53] | – He’s a crook, Ian. – Terry, we don’t know all the details. | – 他在骗我们,伊恩 – 特瑞,我们不知道事情具体是什么样的 |
[40:56] | Christ, what’s he expect? We’re gonna kill some guy for him? | 天啊,他要我们干什么? 他要我们替他去杀人? |
[41:00] | He was desperate. If you look at it from his point of view… | 他很绝望,如果你站在他的角度来看的话… |
[41:02] | a favor that’s easy to do, you can ask anyone for, but- | 如果是件小事 你可以去找任何人帮忙,可是… |
[41:05] | if you have to ask someone a favor that’s a real favor, then you know who your friends are. | 如果你真的要求人帮大忙的话 你就知道谁是你真正的朋友了 |
[41:09] | – To think we’d be capable of such a thing. – I agree. | – 他认为我们能做到? – 嗯 |
[41:12] | I mean, family is one thing, but there are limits. | 家人是一回事 但是凡事都有个度 |
[41:14] | You’d never consider anything like that, would you? | 你不会真的考虑这件事吧? |
[41:17] | No. Would you? | 当然不会,你呢? |
[41:19] | – Not me. You think he hates us? – I think he’s disappointed. | – 我也不会,你认为他会恨我们么? – 我觉得他很失望 |
[41:22] | Yeah, well, I am too. | 嗯,我也很失望 |
[41:24] | Well, it’s been a day of shattered hopes for you, me and Howard. | 今天是霍华德、你和我希望破灭的一天 |
[41:27] | Oh, Christ. You think he’ll wind up in prison for the rest of his life? | 天啊,你认为他会坐一辈子牢么? |
[41:30] | I don’t know. It doesn’t bear thinkin’ about. Terry… | 我不知道,我不敢想,特瑞… |
[41:33] | – my hands are shakin’. – I don’t feel good, Ian. | – 我的手还在抖 – 我觉得不舒服,伊恩 |
[41:37] | Christ, I think I’m gonna be sick. | 天啊,我要吐了 |
[41:50] | Terry? Terry, wake up. Terry, wake-wake-wake-wake-wake up. | 特瑞? 特瑞,醒醒 特瑞,醒醒啊 |
[41:55] | It’s all right. You’re havin’ a bad dream. You’re havin’ a bad dream. | 没事,你只是在做噩梦 你只是在做噩梦而已 |
[41:58] | It’s all right. Shh, shh, shh, shh. | 没事了 |
[42:02] | My heart is pounding. | 我心跳的厉害 |
[42:03] | Yeah, you’re really sweating. What on earth were you dreaming? | 嗯,你出了好多汗 你梦见什么了? |
[42:06] | Oh, Kate, we have to move. | 哦,凯特,我们得搬家 |
[42:08] | – What are you talkin’ about? We can’t move. – Oh, yeah, we have to move. | – 你在说什么啊?我们不能搬啊 – 嗯,要搬,非搬不可 |
[42:13] | No, we live here. Our lives are here. We’re not moving. | 不,我们住在这儿 我们的生活都在这儿,我们不能搬家 |
[42:15] | What on earth were you dreaming? For God’s sake. | 上帝啊,你到底梦见了什么 |
[42:18] | God! Who’s that? It’s 4:00 in the morning. | 天啊,谁啊?大清早4点来电话 |
[42:21] | Christ. | 老天 |
[42:23] | – Who is it? – Hello? | – 谁啊? – 喂? |
[42:25] | – It’s me. – What’s wrong? Are you all right? | – 是我 – 怎么了?你没事吧? |
[42:29] | – Who is it? – We need to talk. | – 谁啊? – 我们得谈谈 |
[42:31] | What is it? | 怎么了? |
[42:33] | I don’t want to speak on the phone. | 我不想在电话里讲 |
[42:36] | I just want to say that I-I haven’t slept all night. | 我整晚都睡不着 |
[42:40] | I’ve been up and down a dozen times thinkin’ and… | 我翻来覆去的就是睡不着 |
[42:43] | the conclusion I’ve come to is that we’re gonna have to accommodate Uncle Howard. | 我的结论是… 我们不得不答应霍华德舅舅 |
[42:48] | He’ll be in London for the next few weeks. He, uh- He has a flat in Knightsbridge. | 他会在伦敦呆上几个星期 他在骑士大桥那儿有间公寓 |
[42:53] | We need to get a good look at him. | 我们得好好观察下他 |
[42:55] | I’m having breakfast with him at the Connaught. | 我会在康诺特和他一起吃早餐 |
[42:59] | I’ve-I’ve worked hard at- at, uh, keeping good relations with him… | 我… 我一直努力和他保持良好的关系 |
[43:03] | but, um, we both know what the score is, that’s for sure. | 但是… 嗯… 我们都知道实际是怎么回事 |
[43:07] | Anyway, I’ll tell you when we’re there and then you can be there as well. | 我们到了那儿之后我会通知你们 这样你们也能过去 |
[43:10] | And you can stop by the table and, uh- | 你们可以过来,然后… |
[43:13] | and, uh, I’ll introduce you, and then you can get a good look at him. | 我会把你们介绍给他 你们就可以好好的看看他了 |
[43:18] | It sounds good to me. We need to know who it is that we’re gonna- that we’re gonna- | 好的… 我们需要知道他是谁 然后我们就可以… 就可以… |
[43:23] | – You can’t even say it. – Terry. | – 你连说都说不出口 – 特瑞 |
[43:25] | – You can’t even say what it is we’re talking about. – No, wait. | – 你都不敢说我们在谈些什么 – 不,等等 |
[43:28] | Wait, wait, wait. I-I thought, um- I thought we were past this bit. | 等等… 我… 我以为我们都说好了 |
[43:33] | We are. We are. We’ll check him out at the Connaught. | 是的,是的 我们到时候会在康诺特的 |
[43:40] | All right, well, I’ll give you, um, all the information you need- | 好的… 我会给你们一切 你们需要知道的信息 |
[43:43] | where he lives in London, his flat, you know, when he visits his- his mother, phone numbers… | 他在伦敦的住处 他来看望他母亲时所住的公寓,他的电话号码… |
[43:49] | and then- then it’s in your hands. | 然后… 然后就交给你们了 |
[43:53] | Don’t let me down. | 别让我失望 |
[43:55] | Now, I shall be in the Far East for a few days… | 我会到远东几天… |
[43:58] | and I want it taken care of while I’m away. | 我希望这件事 能在我不在的时候处理掉 |
[44:01] | I don’t want to know about it. | 我不想知道你们怎么做的 |
[44:04] | I just want it over and done with when I get back. | 我只需要知道 等我回来的时候,一起都已经处理好了 |
[44:10] | Quick, simple, no witnesses. | 迅速、简单、没有目击证人 |
[44:15] | And then just let it fade into history. | 然后就让它消失在过去 |
[44:19] | You can count on us, Uncle Howard. You can. Yeah. | 你可以信得过我们的,霍华德舅舅 你可以的 |
[44:25] | I understand the- the magnitude of the favor that I’m asking. | 我理解… 我求你们帮我做这件事的严重性 |
[44:31] | But I promise you, boys, you won’t be sorry. | 但我想你们保证,孩子们 你们不会后悔的 |
[44:36] | Oh, I can’t do it, Ian. I can’t! | 哦,伊恩,不行,我干不了 |
[44:39] | No, we’re gonna do it, Terry. Because Uncle Howard needs us to do this very badly. | 不,我们要干,特瑞 因为霍华德舅舅非常需要我们帮忙 |
[44:43] | Oh, let’s not play games, Ian. You’re thinkin’ of us, what we can get out of it. | 哦,少来了,伊恩 你在想我们能从中得到什么 |
[44:47] | I’m not playing games, Terry. | 我没有瞎说,特瑞 |
[44:49] | Your whole life is in the toilet unless you’ve got some way of payin’ off a ?0,000 debt. | 除非你能还清九万英镑的债务 否则你的整个生活都要烂在厕所里了 |
[44:53] | – I’m not as cool as you are, Ian. – I am not cool, Terry. | – 我没你那么冷静,伊恩 – 我不冷静,特瑞 |
[44:56] | I-I-I’m finding it very hard not to panic. But this is a way out for me too. | 我也觉得很难保持冷静 但是这也是我的出路 |
[45:01] | Now you don’t like playing on the small-stake tables. Well, neither do I. | 你不喜欢小赌,我也不喜欢 |
[45:05] | This is a big shot for me, Terry. To make a big step up in life. | 特瑞,这是我一次大赌注 让我生活更上一层台阶的大赌注 |
[45:08] | – Ian, it’s murder. All right? – I know what it is. | – 伊恩,这是谋杀,你懂么? – 我知道这是什么 |
[45:11] | – Yeah, well, don’t forget it! – You don’t have to explain it to me, Terry. | – 那你就别忘了! – 我不需要你跟我解释,特瑞 |
[45:16] | This guy is just a total stranger to us who’s doing a very bad thing to Uncle Howard. | 这个家伙对于我们来说只是素不相识的陌生人 他对霍华德舅舅做了些非常不该做的事情 |
[45:21] | Christ. Why can’t he listen to reason? | 天啊,他为什么不听呢? |
[45:23] | Why’s he have to go opening his mouth to investigators? | 他为什么非要去调查员那儿举报呢 |
[45:25] | Look, I’ve been thinking about this, Terry. You push a button and it’s over. | 听着,特瑞,我想过了 只要按个按钮,一切就都结束了 |
[45:29] | Except it’s not a button, Ian. | 这个不是一个按钮那么简单,伊恩 |
[45:31] | For Christ’s sake! Why do you have to keep making matters worse? | 天啊!你为什么非要把事情搞得更糟? |
[45:34] | It’s a job. If we were in the army… | 这只是份工作而已 如果我们在军队里的话 |
[45:37] | we’d be expected to kill strangers every day… | 我们天天都可能要杀陌生人 |
[45:39] | to profit men who’re up to here in corruption. | 从中获利的人都已经腐败到这儿了 |
[45:41] | Well, I can’t look him face-to-face and then kill him. | 我没法面对着他 然后杀了他 |
[45:46] | This is wrong, Ian! It’s just wrong! | 这是错误的,伊恩! 这样做不对! |
[45:48] | Christ. Will you stop lookin’ at everything through a bloody microscope? | 天啊,你能不能不要用显微镜去看每一件事? |
[45:52] | As soon as you look at anything too closely, you reveal all the ugly imperfections. | 只要你对任何事看的太仔细 你就会发现所有事情都有丑陋的一面 |
[45:57] | Look, for the first time in my life, I’ve met a woman and I’m in love with her. | 听着,生平第一次 我遇见了一个我爱的女人 |
[46:01] | Now if you don’t want to do this, I’ll do it myself. | 如果你不想做的话 我就一个人做 |
[46:03] | We’ll get caught! Every murderer thinks he can get away with it… | 我们会被抓的! 每个凶手都认为他们能跑掉 |
[46:06] | and then something little goes wrong and it’s over. | 然后就因为一点点的小问题 就全完了 |
[46:09] | No, you’re wrong. You’re wrong. Most killings go unsolved. | 不,你错了,你错了 大部分的杀人案都是悬案 |
[46:11] | The real world is not what you watch on the television. | 现实世界和你在电视上看到的不一样 |
[46:14] | Well, if we do it, there’s no turnin’ back. | 如果我们做了 就再也回不了头了 |
[46:16] | Look. I think I know how you feel when you’re at the card table. | 听着,我想我知道你打牌时候的感受了 |
[46:20] | I feel like I’m in a dream. | 我觉得我好像在梦里一样 |
[46:22] | I think we have got the winning hand, and I want to plunge forward. I want to push my luck. | 我觉得我们马上就要赢了 我想要试试看我的运气 |
[46:26] | I can’t look him in the eye and then kill him. Right? | 我没法看着他,然后杀了他,懂么? |
[46:28] | Okay, okay. | 好吧,好吧 |
[46:29] | We’ll just observe him from a distance at breakfast, all right? | 我们就在早餐的时候 远远的观察他,好吧? |
[46:32] | We’ll get a good look and then there’ll be no mistakin’ him. | 我们好好的观察他 这样就不会弄错人了 |
[46:39] | Stop staring, Ian. | 别盯着他看,伊恩 |
[46:41] | I want to get a good look at him. | 我想要好好看看他 |
[46:43] | That poor bastard. Eatin’ his breakfast. | 这可怜的混蛋还在吃早餐 |
[46:48] | He has no idea his days are numbered. | 他不知道他已经时日无多了 |
[46:50] | Oh, life can be so wicked, Ian. | 哦,伊恩,生活就可以这么邪恶 |
[46:53] | Have you got a good look at him, Terry? Will you remember his face? I will. | 你认清他了么,特瑞? 能记住他的脸么?我能 |
[47:03] | I just got a small part in this French film that I auditioned for. | 我去试镜的那部法国电影 我拿到个小角色 |
[47:06] | The director thinks I’d look classy in bed. | 导演认为我在床上看上去很漂亮 |
[47:10] | – Do you speak French? – Mmm. I’m fluent, actually. | – 你会说法语啊? – 嗯,我说的还满流利的 |
[47:14] | My uncle is learning Chinese at his age. It’s brilliant. | 我舅舅这么大年纪了还在学中文 真了不起 |
[47:18] | You guys close? | 你们很亲近么? |
[47:19] | He lives in California. He’s got a big house, beautiful pool, car. | 他住在加利福尼亚 他有豪宅、泳池、跑车… |
[47:24] | He’s a great guy. Would you sleep with a director to get a part? | 他是个很厉害的人 你为了拿到角色,会和导演上床么? |
[47:28] | Well, that depends upon the part and who the director is… | 嗯,那要看是什么角色,导演是谁 |
[47:32] | and whether or not I’ve had enough to drink. | 还有我喝得够不够多 |
[47:35] | That’s not a very comforting answer. | 你的回答可让人不太舒服 |
[47:38] | I didn’t like the question. | 我不喜欢你的问题 |
[48:06] | – Bernard? – No, it’s not Bernard. It’s me. | – 伯纳德? – 不,不是伯纳德,是我 |
[48:09] | – Ian. – Christ, I’ve been waitin’ out here all night. | – 伊恩 – 天啊,我整夜都在外边等着 |
[48:12] | – What are you talking about? – Who’s Bernard? | – 你在说什么? – 伯纳德是谁? |
[48:14] | Who is Bernard leaving your apartment in the morning? | 谁是伯纳德?大清早离开你的公寓? |
[48:16] | – Ian, have you- have you been spying on me? – Who is he? | – 伊恩,你在监视我吗? – 他是谁? |
[48:19] | Is he the director or the producer of your new French film? | 他是你法国新片的导演还是制作人? |
[48:22] | Ian, I can’t believe you’ve been waiting outside my flat. | 伊恩,我简直不敢相信 你居然一直在我公寓外边等着 |
[48:24] | Angela, I thought we were making plans together. | 安吉拉,我以为我们在一起计划未来 |
[48:26] | – Well, what kind of plans? – I thought we were going to California together. | – 哦,什么计划? – 我以为我们会一起去加里福尼亚 |
[48:29] | Ian, I have a life here. I can’t just pack up and go. | 伊恩,我在这里有自己的生活 我不可能打个包就走人 |
[48:32] | You’ll have your business and I’ll end up waiting on tables. | 你在那有自己的事业 我最后只能当个服务员 |
[48:34] | You won’t have to wait on tables. I’ll be there lookin’ out for you. | 你不必当服务员 我会照顾你的 |
[48:38] | l- I don’t understand what you want from me. | 我不知道你看上我什么 |
[48:41] | What do you want from me? I’m-I’m-I’m moody and I’m-I’m self-obsessed. | 你到底想要什么?我,我 我喜怒无常,自私自利 |
[48:47] | And I’m ambitious. | 有野心 |
[48:49] | And beyond your cool exterior, I sense you’re bluffing. | 我从你身上得不到安全感 有时感觉你只是在玩我 |
[48:52] | No, I’m not. | 不是的 |
[48:53] | I’m gonna take you to California, Angela. I am. | 我会带你去加里福尼亚的 安吉拉,我会的 |
[48:56] | And if you don’t think I will, then-then call my bluff. I am. | 如果你觉得我不会 那,那就说我是骗子吧 |
[49:12] | Have you thought about how we’re gonna take care of Martin Burns? | 你想过我们该怎么对付马丁 彭斯吗? |
[49:14] | No. Have you? | 还没有,你呢? |
[49:17] | Come here. | 过来 |
[49:20] | I want it to be like a hit-and-run accident. | 我想做一个肇事逃逸的假象 |
[49:23] | It’s tricky, ’cause someone could see the license plate and we couldn’t be sure he’d die. | 这有点儿难,因为有人可能会看见我们的牌照 而且不能保证撞死他 |
[49:26] | – Well, I know I’m not stickin’ a knife in him. – Why not? | – 反正我是不会拿刀捅他的 – 为什么? |
[49:29] | ‘Cause I can’t. Can you? | 因为做不出来,你能吗? |
[49:32] | I don’t know, Terry. I don’t know what I’m capable of till I’m facing the moment. | 我不知道,特瑞,不到那个时候 我真不知道自己能做出些什么 |
[49:35] | – You could kill him with a knife? – Or a hammer. | – 你能用刀杀了他? – 或者锤子? |
[49:37] | I was thinkin’ like a muggin’ with a hammer. | 我在想用锤子怎么样 |
[49:39] | Jesus, I’m startin’ to think I don’t know you, Ian. Look, if we do this, it-it has to be- | 天啊,我简直不认识你了,伊恩 我觉得,如果我们真要做,那就得… |
[49:44] | What? Nice and clean and sanitized… | 就得什么?干净漂亮,不留痕迹? |
[49:46] | so we can fool ourselves about what we’re doing? | 然后我们可以自欺欺人 认为我们什么也没做? |
[49:48] | – I’m just sayin’ there’s a line I can’t cross. – A gun is the quickest way. | – 我只是说我们得有一个底线 – 用枪最省事 |
[49:51] | I’m just sayin’ let’s do it as humanely as possible, all right? | 我们能不能尽量仁慈一点儿? |
[49:54] | We could strangle him with a wire. | 我们可以用电线勒死他 |
[49:56] | We could get him on the ground, the two of us, and strangle him with a wire. | 我们两个一起把他按在地上 然后用电线勒死他 |
[49:59] | This isn’t us, Ian. It’s not the Blaine brothers. | 我们不能这么做,伊恩 这可不是我们布莱恩兄弟 |
[50:02] | The Blaine brothers are a couple of losers, Terry. | 布莱恩兄弟是一对窝囊废,特瑞 |
[50:05] | There’s no great pride to be had in what we’ve achieved. | 我们做过的事里没什么可骄傲的 |
[50:08] | Well, look, if we strangle him, he’d put up a fight, right? | 好吧,但是,如果我们勒他 他肯定会挣扎,对吧? |
[50:12] | Now, I think we could take him, but it could get messy. | 我们也许能搞定,但会弄得一团糟 |
[50:14] | Well, we’ll have to make a decision one way or the other. We’ve only got three weeks. | 我们不能再犹豫了 我们只有三个星期 |
[50:18] | I can’t talk about it. Let’s just enjoy our drinks. | 别再说这个了,先喝酒吧 |
[50:23] | Carol’s had an accident. Except I don’t think it was an accident. | 卡罗尔出了意外,但我不认为那是意外 |
[50:29] | I think she was drunk when she took the car… | 我想她取车的时候就已经喝多了 |
[50:31] | and she didn’t much care if she made it back to town or not. | 她也不在乎能不能把车开回去 |
[50:33] | Well, suppose if I told you I don’t care. In fact, I’m glad it happened. | 如果我告诉你我根本不在乎呢? 事实上,我很高兴 |
[50:37] | I only wish it’d been fatal. | 我只希望这能要她的命 |
[50:39] | It might be yet. Everything’s a bit touch and go. | 有可能,什么都有可能发生 |
[50:42] | It’s funny how life boils down to this. | 生活最后成了这样 真是有意思 |
[50:45] | Life is nothing if not totally ironic. | 生活完全就是一个讽刺 |
[50:49] | Usually brilliant. Well done. Well done, as always. | 太棒了,真是太棒了,一如既往 |
[50:53] | – There she is. Hello, darlin’. – Oh, hi. | – 她在这儿呢,嗨,亲爱的 – 嗨 |
[50:56] | – How are you? You were fantastic again. – I’m all right. | – 感觉怎么样? 你还是那么棒 – 挺好的 |
[50:58] | – This is Kate and Terry. – Oh, lovely to meet you. | – 这是凯特和特瑞 – 哦,很高兴认识你 |
[51:00] | They’ve been dying to meet you. I’ve been going on and on and on about you. | 他们早就想见你了 因为我整天不停地念叨你 |
[51:03] | – Brother. Nice to meet you. – Yeah, I loved it. | – 嗨,很高兴认识你 – 啊,我真的喜欢你的表演 |
[51:05] | Thank you so much. It was really nice of you to come. | 太感谢了 你们能来真好 |
[51:08] | – Brilliant. – Thank you. It means a lot. | – 太棒了 – 谢谢 |
[51:10] | What are you up to this evening? Do you wanna- Do you wanna join us? | 你们今晚有事吗?要不要和我们一起? |
[51:13] | We’re going to a party. My friend finished filming today. | 我们要去参加一个派队 我有朋友的戏今天杀青 |
[51:15] | – Oh, yeah, yeah. – Yeah? | – 好啊,好啊 – 来吗? |
[51:16] | – Yeah, that’d be great. – It’s okay with you? | – 当然 – 你觉得呢? |
[51:18] | Yeah, that’d be great. Bit of a squeeze, though, Terry. Bit of a crush. | 行啊,挺好的,只是有点儿挤 |
[51:21] | – I’ll manage. – Hold your stomach in. | – 没问题 – 你可以把你的肚子收起来 |
[51:35] | I can see why you’re so crazy about Angela. | 我明白你为什么这么迷恋安吉拉了 |
[51:37] | She’s very, very different from the women you’ve known. | 她跟你以前认识的女人真得不一样 |
[51:39] | I’ve never been with anyone like her before. | 我从没遇到过她这样的女人 |
[51:41] | And we’ve known a few juicy ones. | 有一些还是很性感的 |
[51:43] | Do you remember Fenella Griffith? | 你还记得福瑞拉 格里菲思吗? |
[51:45] | Remember her? You passed her off to me. How could I forget? | 当然,你把她甩给我了,我怎么会忘 |
[51:48] | You make it sound like it wasn’t the biggest favor in the world. | 别说得这么满不在乎 那可是给你小子拣了大便宜 |
[51:51] | I never said she wasn’t wonderfully depraved. | 她的确是个尤物 |
[51:53] | Angela’s better than that, though. She’s innocent and also depraved. | 但和安吉拉根本没得比, 安吉拉清纯,性感,真正的极品 |
[51:58] | She’s working class, but classy. And that smile, Terry, that smile. | 她出身不高,但举止优雅 特瑞,你看她笑得多美 |
[52:01] | Lovely. Oh, she’s lovely. | 可爱,她真是太可爱了 |
[52:03] | Look at the two of them. Dancin’ and laughin’ like there’s no tomorrow. | 你看她们俩,又笑又跳 多么无忧无虑 |
[52:07] | “Ain’t life grand,” Terry? Do you know what that’s from? “Ain’t life grand?” | “生活多么美好啊”,你知道这话 出自哪儿吗?“生活多么美好” |
[52:14] | One day you reach a point and there is no tomorrow, Ian. | 等哪天我们越过底线 就再也没有明天了,伊恩 |
[52:18] | Oh, Terry. | 哦,特瑞 |
[52:19] | All right, look, we just have to take care of business. | 好吧,听着,我们真的 要盘算这件事了 |
[52:21] | Then it’ll be done and we can move on. | 把它解决了我们才能继续生活 |
[52:25] | – I figured out how to do it. – Yeah? | – 我有一个想法 – 是吗? |
[52:29] | Come here. | 过来 |
[52:36] | Remember when we were kids? Bobby North from down the road? | 你还记得小时候 住在马路那头的博比 诺斯吗? |
[52:40] | I remember he was a bad kid. | 我记得他是个坏孩子 |
[52:41] | Yeah. Yeah, well, me and Bobby made a gun once. He showed me how. | 对,有一次我和他做了把枪 他教我的 |
[52:44] | – What, you made one? – Yeah, we made a gun out of wood, right? | – 什么,你们做了把枪? – 对,我们用木头做的 |
[52:47] | And-And-And a little piece of metal. It fired one bullet. | 还有,还有一小块金属 一次能打一颗子弹 |
[52:52] | Do you ever hear of people talkin’ about a zip gun? | 你有没有听说过自制小手枪? |
[52:54] | Yeah, but was it reliable? | 听说过,但是它靠谱吗? |
[52:55] | It’s the real thing, Ian. You can’t trace it back, all right? | 那是真家伙,伊恩 而且不留痕迹 |
[52:58] | Cause when you’re finished, you take the wood, which is most of it, and you burn it. | 因为它大部分都是木头 烧完就了事了 |
[53:02] | Then you take the metal pieces and you dump ’em down different sewers. | 然后我们可以把金属碎片倒进不同的下水道 |
[53:04] | – Yeah, but one shot, Terry. – What? | – 对,但只有一发子弹,特瑞 – 怎么了? |
[53:06] | You’ll have to make two of them- one each. | 你得做两把 一人一把 |
[53:08] | That way if anything happens, or goes wrong, we’ve got a backup. | 那样的话如果出了什么差错 我们还有后备 |
[53:11] | Right. Well, I think I can get me hands on a couple of bullets. | 好,我应该能多弄出几颗子弹 |
[53:14] | Yeah. I don’t think there’s any question. Two loaded guns. | 嗯,要是两把上膛的枪 那就没什么问题了 |
[53:16] | We can make this come off quick and clean. | 我们可以干净利落地把事办了 |
[53:18] | What are you in such deep conversation about? Are you plotting an assassination? | 你们在这儿商量什么呢? 策划暗杀吗? |
[53:22] | – Come on, I want to dance. It’s our song. – Yeah? Oh, yeah. All right. | – 快来,我想跳舞,这是我们的歌 – 好,来吧 |
[53:26] | On stage. | 到台上跳 |
[53:30] | Who was that guy you were talking to? | 刚才跟你说话的人是谁? |
[53:32] | What? Tim? He’s, um, a writer. | 什么?提姆? 他是,嗯,一个作家 |
[53:34] | He just sold one of his screenplays to a Hollywood studio. | 他刚把一个剧本卖给好莱坞那边的工作室 |
[53:36] | – Well, he couldn’t take his eyes off you. – Is that bad? | – 他一直目不转睛盯着你 – 那怎么了? |
[53:39] | Well, I’m sure it wasn’t thrilling for his wife. | 我看他妻子得气得发抖 |
[53:42] | That wasn’t his wife, that was his date. Are you angry with me? | 那不是他妻子,那只是他的女伴 你生我气了? |
[53:45] | I know what’s in his mind. | 我知道他在想什么 |
[53:47] | Ian, I don’t affect everyone the way that I affect you. | 伊恩,我不是对每个人都像对你这样 |
[53:50] | If I did, my career would have taken off a long time ago. | 如果我那么做的话 我的事业早就起飞了 |
[53:53] | – Look, Angela, you are always flirting. – Oh, Ian, don’t be angry with me. | – 安吉拉,你总是太招摇 – 哦,伊恩,别生我的气 |
[53:57] | I was really looking forward to taking you to bed tonight. | 我现在就盼着今晚跟你上床 |
[54:01] | Sorry to interrupt. There’s Evan Macy over there. I love him. | 不好意思打扰你们 埃文 梅西在那边,我很喜欢他 |
[54:05] | I’d give anything for his autograph, but I don’t want to seem obnoxious or nothing. | 我特别想要他的签名 但我不想自讨没趣或者… |
[54:08] | Well, I-I know him. We did a TV film together. I could introduce you if you like. | 哦,我认识他,我们一起拍过电视电影 如果你愿意,我可以介绍你们认识 |
[54:12] | – No, really? – Yeah, of course. | – 真的吗? – 来吧 |
[54:14] | Oh, yeah. | 哦,太好了 |
[54:17] | So just imagine it, right? | 你想象一下 |
[54:19] | I’m there with aces up. | 我在玩纸牌 |
[54:21] | And he bets, bets big. | 他接着下注,赌大 |
[54:24] | All right. I see this little tick in his cheek. | 我看到他脸上表情不太对 |
[54:29] | I-I called him for ?0,000 and I won. | 就叫了三万英镑 然后我赢了 |
[54:35] | I’ve been playing poker most of my life. | 我玩了大半辈子牌 |
[54:38] | And I can tell you it’s a fact… | 我可以告诉你一件事 |
[54:40] | there’s more skill to poker than chess. | 扑克比象棋更注重技巧 |
[54:43] | Martin Burns. I’m a friend of John Fowler. | 马丁 彭斯 我是约翰 福勒的朋友 |
[54:47] | – John- – The producer. | – 约翰 – 那个制片人 |
[54:49] | We were at university together. | 我们一起上的大学 |
[54:51] | In those days, I kept myself in fine style playing poker. | 那段时间我牌一直玩得很顺 |
[54:55] | You obviously play high stakes, Mr., uh- | 听起来你玩得很大,你叫… |
[54:58] | Sometimes. | 有时候是 |
[55:01] | I met my ex-wife at a poker game years ago. | 我是打牌时候认识的前妻 |
[55:04] | When she left me, she said I neglected her because I preferred playing. | 她离开我的时候说我太爱打牌 完全忽视了她 |
[55:07] | It wasn’t true. But her lawyers used it as a strategy. | 其实不是这样的 但她的律师利用了这一点 |
[55:12] | My dad taught me poker. | 是我爸爸教我玩的扑克 |
[55:15] | He was a poor man, ran a restaurant down in the south coast. | 他很穷 在南边的海滨开了家餐馆 |
[55:18] | Taught me the ins and outs of the game, lucky too. | 他教给我打牌的所有细节 包括运气 |
[55:20] | I could never have kept myself on my expensive habits on his salary. | 但我从来没有从他的工资里拿钱去玩牌 |
[55:26] | Terry, Kate’s looking for you. | 特瑞,凯特在找你 |
[55:28] | Ian, Martin Burns. My brother, Ian. | 伊恩,马丁 彭斯 我的哥哥,伊恩 |
[55:32] | We’ve just discovered we’re both poker players. | 我们刚刚发现彼此都喜欢打牌 |
[55:34] | There’s a wonderful game in town. I’d invite you both to play… | 城里有个很棒的赌场 我想邀请你们一起去… |
[55:37] | but I have to leave right after the weekend. | 但我过了这个周末就要走了 |
[55:39] | This weekend? | 这周末? |
[55:40] | Yeah. Seems I get to London less and less these days. | 对,好像我最近在伦敦呆的时间越来越少 |
[55:43] | I thought I’d be here the month, but, uh, seems my presence is required in California. | 我以为这次会呆一个月的 但加里福尼亚那边让我回去 |
[55:48] | Well, that’s a great pity if you had your heart set on staying. | 哦,如果你一心想留下,那还真是遗憾 |
[55:51] | Ah, well, duty calls. And I will have time to dine with my old mum before I go. | 是啊,不过身不由己 走之前我得抽时间和母亲一起吃顿饭 |
[55:55] | She’s 91. At that age, you can go at any moment. | 她已经91了,在这个年龄 你随时可能离开 |
[56:00] | Great old girl. Let’s hope I have her genes. | 她真是个寿星 希望我有她的基因 |
[56:02] | To life. | 干杯 |
[56:06] | Good luck with the poker. | 赌场好运 |
[56:09] | – I’m stunned. – You turned white as a ghost. | – 吓死我了 – 你脸白得像鬼一样 |
[56:12] | How long have you been talking to him? | 你跟他聊了多久? |
[56:14] | – A couple of minutes, I-I lost my breath. – What about? | – 几分钟,我紧张得都快窒息了 – 聊什么? |
[56:17] | Nothing. Uh, poker, life. | 没什么,嗯,扑克,生活 |
[56:20] | What are the chances of that? The last thing we wanted to do was meet him, and then- | 这也太巧了! 我们最不希望遇上他,结果就… |
[56:23] | – What are the odds? – You always said how unpredictable life is. | – 这种几率有多大? – 你总是说生活是不可预知的 |
[56:26] | How long will it take you to get those guns made? | 你要多久能把枪做好? |
[56:29] | – I can’t do this, Ian. – Look, Terry, you’ve been drinking. | – 我做不了,伊恩 – 特瑞,你喝太多了 |
[56:31] | You lose your confidence when you’re drunk. | 你一喝醉就没信心 |
[56:34] | Listen. I can’t keep begging you to do this with me. He’s leaving in a couple of days. | 我不能总这样求着你跟我一起做 他没几天活头了 |
[56:40] | – Are you in or out? – I never said I wouldn’t do it, right? | – 你干还是不干? – 我没说我不干,好吗? |
[56:43] | Well, then, pull yourself together. | 那你就振作点 |
[56:46] | Ian. | 伊恩 |
[56:50] | I had such a wonderful time. | 我今晚太开心了 |
[56:53] | Angela’s lovely, ain’t she? She’s not at all snobby. | 安吉拉很可爱,她一点都不势利 |
[56:56] | She said she’d take me shopping. | 她说她要带我去购物 |
[56:59] | I love the way she dresses. | 我好喜欢她穿衣服的风格 |
[57:01] | I thought it might be way out of my range, but she said no. | 我说我不可能穿得那么好看 但她说不一定 |
[57:04] | – What are you thinking? – Nothing. | – 你在想什么? – 没什么 |
[57:06] | Who was that man you was talking to at the bar? | 在吧台和你聊天的人是谁? |
[57:09] | – Is that Mr. Burns? – How do you know Mr. Burns? | – 是彭斯先生吧 – 你怎么知道他? |
[57:12] | I was introduced. He’s sweet, isn’t he? | 别人介绍的 他人很好,对吗? |
[57:15] | Didn’t he know your Uncle Howard? | 他好像认识你的舅舅霍华德? |
[57:17] | Is that what you was talking to him about? | 你和他说这个了? |
[57:19] | You told him Howard was our uncle? | 你跟他说霍华德是我们舅舅了? |
[57:21] | It just seemed to come up, ’cause he’s on the board of one of Howard’s foundations. | 他在霍华德一个基金的董事会里 于是很自然就提到了 |
[57:24] | That’s what he said. Actually, he was looking for you just before we left. | 都是他说的 我们离开之前他还在找你呢 |
[57:28] | Well, why did you have to mention it, Kate? | 你干嘛要提这个呢,凯特? |
[57:30] | What are you getting so upset for? We spoke for two minutes if that. | 你怎么了?这么生气? 我们就聊了两分钟 |
[57:35] | Although I did get the impression he’s got mixed feelings about your uncle. | 不过我觉得他对你舅舅的态度很复杂 |
[57:39] | Yeah, he seemed a little sarcastic. I could be wrong. | 他好像有点儿讽刺 也可能是我误解了 |
[57:42] | Did-Did he, uh, imply bad things about Howard? | 他有没有,嗯 暗示霍华德有什么不好? |
[57:45] | Yeah, I got that impression. | 对,我有也这么觉得 |
[57:47] | Actually, he was really surprised to hear that you were his nephew. | 他听说你是霍华德的外甥非常吃惊 |
[57:50] | Christ. | 天啊 |
[57:52] | Kate, my head’s splitting. | 凯特,我头疼得要裂了 |
[57:55] | – You drank too much. Take some aspirin. – I need my codeine. | – 你喝多了,吃点阿司匹林 – 我要可待因 |
[57:59] | – No, Terry, you can’t mix with that stuff. – Christ, where’d I put it? | – 不行,特瑞,你应该少用它们 – 它在哪儿? |
[58:02] | It’s in the kitchen in the cupboard. | 在厨房的碗柜里 |
[58:04] | Kate, what’s it doing in the cupboard in the- | 凯特,你干嘛把它放碗柜里 |
[58:06] | I leave it in a certain place for a certain reason. I leave it in the medicine cabinet. | 我把它放在固定的地方是有原因的 它应该在医药箱里 |
[58:10] | Don’t move things around, please. | 别随便动东西 |
[58:14] | Jesus. | |
[58:30] | Just pull it back… | 往后扳 |
[58:33] | – and let it go. – Right. | – 然后松开 – 好 |
[58:53] | All right? | 准备好了吗? |
[59:21] | This is his flat. | 这是他家 |
[59:23] | Ground floor. It’s right in the front. | 一楼,进门左转 |
[59:25] | If we could get in there, we could surprise him when he comes home. | 如果我们能进去 就能在他回家的时候把事情搞定 |
[59:28] | All right. | 好 |
[59:32] | Right. I’ve got some tools at the garage that can get us in. | 我车库里的工具可以把门撬开 |
[59:36] | I think it’s our best shot, Terry. | 这是我们最好的地点,特瑞 |
[59:39] | – Let’s do it tonight. – Yeah? Are you up to it? | – 我们今晚就干吧 – 你决定了? |
[59:42] | – I can’t stand the waiting around. – No, you’re right. | – 我不能再等了 – 对,你是对的 |
[59:44] | Look, he always eats out. So we just need to get in there. | 他总在外面吃饭,我们只需要进去等着 |
[59:47] | And then we’ll wait for him, and we’ll do him when he gets back from dinner. | 等他吃完晚饭回来,一枪搞定 |
[59:51] | I hope I have the nerve when the moment comes, Ian. | 希望到时我能撑得住 |
[59:53] | Don’t let me down, Terry. Look, it’s simple. | 别让我失望,特瑞,很简单的事 |
[59:57] | I’m gonna shoot him. And then you shoot him again in the head, just to make certain. | 到时我先来,然后你再往他头上补一枪 |
[1:00:02] | Or else you shoot him and I’ll finish him off. | 或者你先开,我来补 |
[1:00:29] | Should have got a taxi, Ian. Had to give your name and address and everything. | 我们为什么不叫的士 那样就不用登记个人信息了 |
[1:00:32] | No, no, no, no. We need a car standing by in case something goes wrong. | 不不不,我们需要一辆车以防万一 |
[1:00:35] | What could go wrong? What are you saying? | 万一?你指什么? |
[1:00:37] | I’m not saying something will go wrong, but if something did go wrong… | 当然最好没有,不过万一出了什么意外 |
[1:00:40] | we need to have a car. | 我们需要一辆车 |
[1:00:43] | Who’s taking a taxi if something goes wrong? | 的士到那时可来不及 |
[1:00:54] | Here he is. Look. | 你看,他来了 |
[1:01:09] | All right, let’s go. | 好,我们走 |
[1:01:34] | – Come on, Terry. – Be quiet. | – 快,特瑞 – 小声点儿 |
[1:02:16] | – We have to be careful of this window. – Right. | – 我们要小心这窗户 – 对 |
[1:02:19] | Don’t touch anything. | 什么也别碰 |
[1:02:22] | What do we do now? | 我们现在做什么? |
[1:02:24] | We just wait. | 就等着 |
[1:02:33] | – Do you want some? – No. Put it away, Terry. | – 你要吗? – 不,把它收起来,特瑞 |
[1:02:45] | What’s that? | 怎么办? |
[1:02:47] | Just leave it. Don’t answer it. | 别管它 |
[1:02:49] | Hello, this is Martin Burns. I’m out. Leave a message after the tone. | 你好,我是马丁 彭斯 现在不在家,有事请留言 |
[1:02:55] | Hello, love. It’s Mum. | 亲爱的,我是老妈 |
[1:02:57] | Oh, sorry to miss you, but I’ve had to change tomorrow’s dinner to 7:00. | 明天的晚餐改到7点 |
[1:03:03] | Looking forward to seeing you. Bye for now. | 到时见 |
[1:03:18] | Terry, what are you thinking? | 特瑞,你在想什么? |
[1:03:23] | What if there’s a God, Ian? | 如果上帝在那儿,伊恩 |
[1:03:27] | I mean, what if… | 我是说,如果… |
[1:03:31] | all those nights we used to lay awake, you know, in the dark… | 还记得我们以前躺在床上,在黑暗里 |
[1:03:37] | and curse the fate of every human soul… | 咒骂命运不公 |
[1:03:41] | what if we was too angry? | 会不会是我们太愤怒了? |
[1:03:43] | No. No. | 不,不 |
[1:03:45] | Don’t turn your back on what you know in your heart to be true… | 不要因为眼前的任务难办就动摇 |
[1:03:49] | just ’cause we’re facing a d- a difficult task. | 你心里知道什么是真的 |
[1:03:51] | Yeah, but we’re crossing the line here. | 对,但我们越过底线了 |
[1:03:53] | There’s no going back from this. I tell you, I’ve said it before. | 我们不该这么做,我之前和你说过的 |
[1:03:56] | I don’t wanna go back, Brother, and neither do you. | 我也不想的 |
[1:03:59] | – We need to look to the future. – A taxi. It’s him. | – 但我们要考虑未来 – 的士,他来了 |
[1:04:02] | Right. All right. Now remember, we wait till he gets in… | 对,是他,记着,等他进来 |
[1:04:06] | let him shut the door, we let him get in the flat, right? | 让他关好门,进到房间 |
[1:04:09] | And then we come out quick, surprise him, and then we just do it. | 然后我们冲出去,解决他 |
[1:04:11] | – Right. – All right? We just do it. | – 好 – 没问题?我们能行的 |
[1:04:14] | Right. Let’s go. | 好,来吧 |
[1:04:25] | The beef was nice, wasn’t it? Can I have a drink? | 刚才的牛排味道真好 我能喝一杯吗? |
[1:04:28] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[1:04:32] | Oh, wow. Look at that garden. | 哇,你看这花园 |
[1:04:36] | – Do you like it? – It’s gorgeous. | – 你喜欢吗? – 太美了 |
[1:04:39] | It’s nice. | 是的 |
[1:04:41] | – Do you look after it? – No, the gardener does. | – 是你照理的吗? – 不,有园丁来做 |
[1:04:48] | – Christ. – Terry, we’re gonna have to do her too. | – 妈的 – 特瑞,我们得把她也给干掉 |
[1:04:51] | – Not me. I’m not doing her. – Well, then what we gonna do? | – 不,我不干 – 那我们该怎么办? |
[1:04:54] | We’ve mucked it up. I’m not doing the woman. | 我们已经把事弄糟了,我不能杀那个女的 |
[1:04:56] | Okay, okay. You’re right. But what are we gonna do? | 好吧,好吧,你是对的 那我们应该怎么办? |
[1:05:02] | I can’t kill her just because she’s here, Ian. It’s wrong. | 不能因为她刚好在这儿我们就把她杀了,这是错的! |
[1:05:05] | All right. Look, I don’t disagree. | 我知道,我也知道 |
[1:05:07] | Oh, Terry, are we screwed. | 哦,特瑞,这下乱了 |
[1:05:12] | San Francisco, L.A. | 旧金山 |
[1:05:14] | Anyone traveling with you? | 有人和你一起去吗? |
[1:05:16] | – No, I’m traveling on me own. – Need a passenger? | – 没有,就我自己 – 要找个伴吗? |
[1:05:20] | – Fancy a trip? – I’d love to. | – 喜欢旅行? – 嗯哼 |
[1:05:33] | – Do you have what you came in for? – Yes. | – 你找到要拿的东西了吗? – 是的 |
[1:05:35] | I’ll be sleeping over at yours tonight. I just need a change of clothes, and, uh- | 我今晚睡你那儿,我需要换洗的衣服,还有… |
[1:05:41] | uh, my laptop. | 哦,我的笔记本 |
[1:05:46] | And we can go. | 我们可以走了 |
[1:05:53] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:06:04] | We’ll have to do it tomorrow night at his mother’s. I can find out where she lives. | 我们只好等明晚再下手了 我能查到他母亲的地址 |
[1:06:07] | I was gonna do it, Ian. You saw me. But then the woman arrived. | 你看见了,伊恩 我刚才是要动手的,要不是那个女人 |
[1:06:10] | I would’ve done it, though. You saw me, Ian. I was ready. Oh, Christ. | 你看见了,我都准备好了,哦,天哪. |
[1:06:20] | I told you I was only borrowing this money from the safe. | 我和你说过,我只是暂时用下这笔钱 |
[1:06:22] | I can’t believe you thought I was taking it. | 你不会认为我想把它们拿走吧 |
[1:06:25] | I told you it was just a loan. | 只是贷款,你看,这些是利息 |
[1:06:27] | And, Dad, there’s a nice, big bonus in here for you. | |
[1:06:29] | Don’t tell me that won’t come in handy. | 别告诉我你用不上 |
[1:06:32] | Where’d you get money like that, Ian? | 你从哪儿弄来的钱,伊恩? |
[1:06:35] | You know, I’m involved in certain business ventures. | 你知道的,我在做一些商业投资 |
[1:06:38] | What sort of business ventures? | 什么商业投资? |
[1:06:40] | I told you. The hotels. | 我和你说过的,旅馆 |
[1:06:42] | Wait, I thought you said that your hotel deals had been delayed. | 我记得你说过要把它往后推一推 |
[1:06:47] | Well, this is an advance. Will you just take it? | 现在提前了,你能拿着它吗? |
[1:06:50] | – Where’s it coming from? – Will you just take it? | – 这些钱从哪来的? – 你能不能就先拿着? |
[1:06:52] | Look, soon this place will be back on its feet and you won’t be so dependent on me. | 这个地方很快就会重新上轨道 你也可以不再需要我 |
[1:06:56] | – Where are you going? – Well, I’m not gonna work here forever. | – 你要去哪儿? – 我不可能永远呆在这儿 |
[1:06:59] | – Well, who’s gonna run things? – Oh, Dad, give me a break. | – 那谁来打理这餐馆? – 爸,给我点自由吧 |
[1:07:04] | Look. | 爸 |
[1:07:06] | You know that- that I love you. | 你知道我爱你 |
[1:07:10] | I mean, I’ve stuck it out here all these years, even though it’s not for me… | 这些年我一直呆在这儿,不是为了自己 |
[1:07:13] | because of loyalty to you. | 是因为你 |
[1:07:15] | And I know that some of those business plans in the past didn’t pan out… | 之前我的那些商业计划的确不成功 |
[1:07:18] | but this one is different, Dad. | 但这次不一样 |
[1:07:20] | This one is different. | 这次真的不一样 |
[1:07:22] | And I’m just mad about the girl. | 而且我遇见了一个女人 |
[1:07:30] | It’s funny how life has a life of its own. | 看来人人都要开始自己的生活 |
[1:07:35] | – Oh, Dad, Dad- – No, you’re right, Ian. | – 哦,爸 – 不,你是对的,伊恩 |
[1:07:38] | Nobody wants to be selfish, but everybody is. | 人人都是自私的 |
[1:07:41] | No, you’re not. | 不,你不是的 |
[1:07:44] | I have been. | 我也一样 |
[1:07:46] | And it’s because- I think it’s because I’ve been scared. | 我一直很担心… |
[1:07:51] | You’re a good boy. I’ve always thought you had potential. | 你是个好孩子,我一直觉得你该有更好的前途 |
[1:07:54] | You’re both good boys, you and your brother. | 你们兄弟都是好孩子 |
[1:07:57] | I’ve always wanted to make sure… | 我总是想确定 |
[1:08:00] | that I’ve loved you and Terry absolutely equally. | 我对你和特瑞的爱是不是一样的 |
[1:08:05] | Well, you have, you-you absolutely have. | 当然是的 |
[1:08:09] | Dad, don’t worry about a thing. | 爸,别担心 |
[1:08:11] | Everything’s gonna be fine. | 一切都会没问题的 |
[1:08:14] | Everything’s gonna be fine. I promise. | 一切都会没问题的,我保证 |
[1:08:17] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:08:24] | I thought I was pregnant. It’s a false alarm. | 我还以为我怀孕了,不过是个假信号 |
[1:08:27] | – Pregnant? – Yeah. | – 怀孕? – 对啊 |
[1:08:29] | – I was late. I’m never late, am I? – But you’re not. That’s a relief. | – 最近我的那个来晚了,以前从来没有过 – 还好你没怀上,让我松了口气 |
[1:08:33] | Why? | 为什么? |
[1:08:35] | I think it would be great. We always talked about it. | – 有孩子挺好的,我们一直在谈论这件事啊 – 哦,是的 |
[1:08:39] | Yeah, some day. | 我们能应付得来,你舅舅现在还能在经济上帮你一把 |
[1:08:39] | We can swing it. Now your uncle’s helped you out financially. | |
[1:08:42] | And you said that he might help you out with that loan for that sport shop idea. | 你说他可能可以帮助你贷款开个体育商店 |
[1:08:48] | I think you’d make such a good dad. | 你一定会是个好爸爸 |
[1:08:50] | And just think, if we had boys, you know, you could teach them to play football or something. | 想想,如果我们有了男孩,你能教他们踢足球 |
[1:08:55] | Right. | 对 |
[1:08:59] | – You’re not hungry? – Not really, love. | – 你不饿吗? – 不太饿 |
[1:09:02] | – It’s very nice. – It’s your favorite. | – 看着挺好吃 – 你平时最喜欢的 |
[1:09:04] | I know. Can I get a whiskey, please? | 我知道,能给我瓶威士忌吗? |
[1:09:09] | – A whiskey? – Yeah. | – 威士忌? – 对 |
[1:09:11] | – I don’t know if we got any left. – It’s in my drawer. | – 我不知道我们还有没有 – 在我抽屉里 |
[1:09:29] | – You’re late. – Sorry, sorry. | – 你迟到了 – 对不起,对不起 |
[1:09:32] | Oh, Jesus Christ. You’ve been drinking. | 哦,天哪,你居然喝酒了 |
[1:09:35] | I’m fine. I said I’m fine. Just leave it at that, all right? | 没事的,我说了我没事的,开车吧 |
[1:09:39] | Let’s just do it, Brother, before I change my mind. | 赶紧把事情做了,趁我改变主意之前 |
[1:09:41] | – Have you got the guns? – Here. Right here. And the bullets. | – 你带枪了吗? – 带了,子弹在这儿 |
[1:09:44] | All right, all right. Don’t load them now. | 好了,好了,别在这儿装弹 |
[1:09:46] | – Are you too drunk to handle this, Terry? – I said I’m fine. | – 你没喝得太醉吧,特瑞? – 我说了我没事 |
[1:09:49] | – All right, let’s just go. – Right. | – 好吧,我们走 – 好 |
[1:09:52] | We’ll go up to him when he’s on his own, we shoot him… | 等他一个人的时候,我们上前开枪 |
[1:09:54] | and then I’ll put a second one in him just to make certain. | 到时我来补第二枪… |
[1:09:56] | I know what to do, Ian. Right? You don’t always have to run things. | 我知道该怎么做,伊恩 别再说个不停了 |
[1:10:00] | – Can you handle this, the state you’re in? – Worry about yourself. | – 你现在这个状态能干事吗? – 担心你自己吧 |
[1:10:03] | All right? I’ll take care of him. Just- | 好吧?我能搞定他的,走 |
[1:10:07] | – Have you got the address? – Yeah, I’ve got it. Let’s get this over with. | – 你知道地址了? – 对,让我们去把事情给了了 |
[1:10:16] | Don’t worry about the restaurant. | 别为餐馆担心 |
[1:10:19] | I can help you if you need me. | 到时我能帮你的 |
[1:10:26] | I dreamed about the boys last night. | 昨晚我又梦见孩子们了 |
[1:10:28] | Again? | 又梦到了? |
[1:10:32] | When they were younger. | 梦到他们小时候 |
[1:10:53] | There he is. Let’s take him now. | 他在那儿,我们走吧 |
[1:10:56] | Wait. You don’t wanna let him see his mum for the last time? | 等一下,你不想让他最后见一面老妈吗? |
[1:10:58] | – What? – You make me sick. | – 什么? – 你太冷血了 |
[1:11:00] | Let him see the old lady. | 让他去见他老妈 |
[1:11:03] | You’re drunk, Terry. It’s a disgrace turning up on a job like this drunk. | 你喝醉了,特瑞,要工作的时候喝成这样真丢人 |
[1:11:06] | Look, we’ve probably missed our last opportunity now. | 看,我们要把最后的机会给丢了 |
[1:11:09] | We’ll get him when he comes out. | 我们可以等他出来的时候 |
[1:11:11] | Christ. You don’t care about anyone in this world except yourself. | 天哪,除了自己 你根本不关心世界上其他人 |
[1:11:15] | You’re not a big shot, Ian. You’re a small stakes player. | 你不是什么大人物,伊恩 你就是一个普通人 |
[1:11:18] | I don’t care how many hotels you wind up running or how hot that girl is. | 我可不在意你能开多少家旅店 或者身边的女人怎么样 |
[1:11:22] | Why don’t you shut up? | 你能不能闭嘴? |
[1:11:24] | I bet you had a big handful of those pills that guy keeps you supplied with as well. | 我看你是吃多了药 |
[1:11:27] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[1:11:29] | We’ll kill him when he comes out. | 等他出来的时候,我们会把他给杀了 |
[1:13:40] | – Mr. Burns. – Hey? | – 彭斯先生 – 嗨 |
[1:13:43] | Oh, that’s right. I remember you. We met at that, uh, party. | 哦,我记得你们,我们在聚会上见过 |
[1:13:45] | – Yeah. We-We thought it was you. – I understand you’re Howard Swann’s nephews. | – 对,我们看好像是你 – 哦,你们是霍华德的外甥 |
[1:13:48] | That’s right. | – 对 – 你们在这儿干嘛?你们也住在这附近吗? |
[1:13:49] | What are you doing around here? You live around here? | |
[1:13:51] | – No. Ian? – Do it now. | – 不,伊恩? – 干吧 |
[1:13:53] | – Let’s just do it now. – Hey, what’s going on? | – 就现在 – 嘿,你们要干嘛? |
[1:13:55] | Terry, do it! Do it now! | 特瑞,快!快! |
[1:14:19] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么? |
[1:14:23] | That then was then. | 过去是过去 |
[1:14:27] | And now is now. | 现在是现在 |
[1:14:31] | And we’ve done it and it’s over. | 过去的都已经过去了 |
[1:14:35] | And it’s always now. | 我们永远活在现在 |
[1:14:39] | It went much smoother than I thought, Ian. | 事情比我想得顺利,伊恩 |
[1:14:42] | And not a soul around. | 没有灵魂出来 |
[1:14:45] | We’re lucky he chose that path. | 我们运气很好,他走了那条小道 |
[1:14:47] | Yeah, no one saw us. | 对,没人看见我们 |
[1:14:49] | And we did the right thing. | 我们干得很好 |
[1:14:52] | We didn’t run back to the car. We just walked calmly back. | 我们没有跑回车上 而是若无其事地走回来 |
[1:14:55] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:14:57] | There’s a great weight off my back. | 我真是如释重负 |
[1:15:02] | You’re right, Ian. | 你是对的,伊恩 |
[1:15:04] | It’s now. | 现在是现在 |
[1:15:07] | It’s always now. | 我们永远生活在现在里 |
[1:15:11] | You better burn his wallet. | 你最好把他钱包给烧了 |
[1:15:32] | – Are you okay? – Go back to sleep. | – 你还好吧? – 回去睡觉 |
[1:15:56] | – What do you think of this one? – Oh, I love it. | – 这件怎么样? – 哦,我很喜欢 |
[1:15:58] | I thought you would. So, are there any new developments on California? | 我就想你会喜欢,加里福尼亚那边进行得怎么样了? |
[1:16:02] | Yeah, I think we can leave in about four or six weeks. We signed the papers today. | 很顺利,我们今天刚签了协议 四到六周后大概就可以出发 |
[1:16:06] | Great. Did you see in the papers… | 太好了,对了,你看报纸了吗? |
[1:16:08] | that guy that you were speaking to at the wrap party was murdered? | 那天参加聚会的一个人被谋杀了 当时你还和他说过话 |
[1:16:12] | – Who? – Martin- Martin Burns, was it? | – 谁? – 马丁- 马丁 彭斯,好像是这个名字 |
[1:16:16] | Oh, really? How bizarre. | 哦,真的吗? |
[1:16:19] | Yeah, well, no one saw or heard anything. | 是啊,没有任何目击者 |
[1:16:22] | Didn’t he have some association with your uncle at one point? | – 他是不是和你的舅舅还有合作? – 好像是的 |
[1:16:25] | I think he did, yeah. | |
[1:16:26] | – What do you think of this one? – As if you have to ask. | – 这件你觉得怎么样? – 一定要回答吗 |
[1:16:39] | You know, I’ll never forget you boys, what you did for me. | 孩子们,我不会忘记你们为我做的 |
[1:16:43] | I owe you my life. | 我欠你们一辈子 |
[1:16:45] | And the joy of repaying you gives me such pleasure. | 如果我能回报你们点儿什么,我会非常高兴 |
[1:16:49] | Now, Terry, you- Look, you spoke about, uh… | 特瑞,我记得你说过 |
[1:16:53] | you know, the notion of opening a- a sports shop if you had the backing? | 如果有资金,你打算开一家体育店? |
[1:16:58] | No, it’s okay. | 哦,说说而已 |
[1:17:01] | No, look. Look, cheer up. | 不,不,你该向前看 |
[1:17:04] | The worst is behind you. I’m here to tell you that the- the future is rosy. | 噩梦已经过去了,我告诉你,前边一片光明 |
[1:17:09] | Terry, Uncle Howard’s right. | 特瑞,霍华德舅舅说得对 |
[1:17:12] | Stop walking around with that face on. | 别再犹豫不决了 |
[1:17:14] | This is your chance to get away from that cheap idiot at the garage… | 你该离开那破修车铺 |
[1:17:18] | and make your own life. | 开始自己的人生 |
[1:17:20] | – Where are they? Is that them? – Yes. | – 那是他们吗? – 对 |
[1:17:22] | – Angela, I’m so nervous. – You’re fine. They’ll love you. | – 安吉拉,我有点儿紧张 – 别担心,他们会喜欢你的 |
[1:17:26] | – Hello. – Hello. Oh, it’s nice to see you, sir. I’m Ian. | – 你好 – 你好,哦,很高兴见到你们,我是伊恩 |
[1:17:30] | Nice to meet you. Heard a lot about you. | 很高兴见到你,早听说了 |
[1:17:32] | – Hello. You have a nice trip? – Very good, thank you. | – 路上还顺利吧? – 很顺利 |
[1:17:35] | – Let me take your bag. – We’ve been really looking forward to this. | – 来,把包给我 – 这次旅行我们期待很久了 |
[1:17:37] | – Yeah, it’ll be great. – Your hair. | – 是吗 – 哦,看你头发 |
[1:17:41] | – So how’s your play doing, love? – It’s going well. It’s still selling out at weekends. | – 宝贝,你的戏剧怎么样? – 挺好的,周末都是满座 |
[1:17:45] | – Oh, well, that’s to see you take your clothes off. – Mom! | – 哦,那是他们想看你脱衣服 – 妈妈! |
[1:17:48] | – So what do you do, Ian? – Uh, hotels. | – 你是做什么的,伊恩? – 嗯,旅馆 |
[1:17:50] | – Hotels? Which ones? – Yeah, I got a couple in, uh, California. | – 旅馆?什么样的? – 我在加利福尼亚那儿有一些投资 |
[1:17:54] | Oh, yes, Angela said you were planning an extended stay out there. | 哦,是的,安吉拉说你打算到那儿发展一段时间 |
[1:17:57] | – Well, very extended, I hope. – California. | – 对,我是这么打算的 – 加利福尼亚 |
[1:18:00] | I’m starving. Where are we eating? | 我饿了,我们去哪儿吃饭? |
[1:18:02] | – I’m taking you all to Claridge’s. – Oh, is it nice? | – 我带你们去卡拉吉 – 哦,那儿怎么样? |
[1:18:05] | – Lovely. – No, it’s on us, though. | – 很棒 – 好,我们来请 |
[1:18:07] | No, no, no. This treat is on me. Yeah. | 不,不,不,当然得算我的 |
[1:18:09] | Oh, thank you. Very nice of you. | 哦,谢谢,那太感激了 |
[1:18:11] | Oh, they’re really lovely, your parents. Lovely. | 你的父母真得很可爱,很可爱 |
[1:18:13] | – Oh, I can’t get California out of my mind. – I know. | – 一想到加里福尼亚,我就很兴奋 – 我知道 |
[1:18:16] | I’ve spoken to Uncle Howard and everything is right on track. | 我已经和霍华德舅舅谈过了 一切都非常顺利 |
[1:18:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:18:25] | – She’s beautiful, isn’t she? – Very, very. | – 她很漂亮,是吗? – 绝对 |
[1:18:27] | A bit high maintenance, though. | 不过开销不小,对吗 |
[1:18:31] | – You up to it? – I certainly hope so. | – 你打算维持下去吗? – 非常希望 |
[1:18:35] | She could’ve had the pick of any man, that girl. | 她能征服任何男人 |
[1:18:37] | Well, I realize I’m very lucky. I do realize that. | 是的,我一直觉得我很幸运,真得很幸运 |
[1:18:40] | I always dreaded the thought that she might wind up with some starving actor in the theater. | 我经常担心她会找个剧院里饥寒交迫的演员 |
[1:18:46] | Not that I’ve anything against the theater, mind you… | 不是我对戏剧有什么排斥 |
[1:18:48] | but… a man who knows his way around the world of business, well- | 但是…比起你这样懂得在商场上发展的男人 |
[1:18:54] | There was a time when I could’ve invested in some ventures… | 我也曾经有机会做些投资 |
[1:18:57] | but I didn’t have the stomach for the risk. | 但我没那个胆量 |
[1:19:01] | So I spent my life behind the wheel of a car driving other men. | 所以一辈子都在给别人开车 |
[1:19:10] | She says you’ve got a future. | 她说你很有希望 |
[1:19:16] | Oh, God. | 哦,天哪 |
[1:19:18] | – What is it? – I can’t take it. | – 怎么了? – 我受不了了 |
[1:19:20] | – Take it easy. It’s all right. – I need another pill. | – 放轻松,没事的 – 我要吃药 |
[1:19:23] | No, Terry. You can’t take so many of those, not with all that alcohol. | 不,特瑞,你不能再吃药了 |
[1:19:26] | Kate, leave me alone. I’ve gotta get rid of this feeling of panic. | 凯特,别管我,我不要再这样惊恐下去 |
[1:19:30] | – Why should you be feeling panicked? – I don’t know. | – 为什么你会感到惊恐? – 我不知道 |
[1:19:33] | I just need the pill. Christ, I can’t even get a decent night’s sleep. | 我要吃药,我一直就没睡好 |
[1:19:37] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:19:42] | My car didn’t have that dent when I brought it in. | 我把车拿来的时候,这儿没有凹痕 |
[1:19:45] | – It had to have been there. Nobody’s touched it. – No, you put a dent in my car. | – 它就停在这儿,没人动它 – 不,是你弄的 |
[1:19:48] | – How the hell would I dent it? – I don’t know. | – 我他妈的弄它干嘛? – 我怎么知道 |
[1:19:50] | What’s going on? | – 怎么了? – 你看,我车上有一个凹痕,有人开了我的车 |
[1:19:51] | There’s a dent, look, in my car. Someone’s driven my car. | |
[1:19:54] | – Will you shut up? What are you accusing me of? – Someone has to have driven it. | – 你能不能闭嘴?你凭什么怀疑我? – 一定有人开过它 |
[1:19:56] | Look where you point your finger. It could get broken. | 注意你的手,别到处乱指 |
[1:19:59] | – Calm down. Calm down. – Get your hands off me. | – 别吵,别吵 – 把手拿开 |
[1:20:01] | Sorry, Mr. Finn. Just give us a minute. | 对不起,芬恩先生,给我们一点儿时间 |
[1:20:03] | I’ll sort out your bodywork for you. | 我会帮你再做检查 |
[1:20:05] | I need a word with you. What the hell’s the matter with you? | 我要和你谈一谈,你怎么了? |
[1:20:07] | Look, I’m not at all pleased with the way things are going around here lately. All right? | 我对你最近的表现很不满意 |
[1:20:11] | Hey! There’s another one here. | 嘿!这儿还有一个 |
[1:20:17] | Yeah, I miss you too. | 我也想你 |
[1:20:20] | Nobu. Yeah, I made reservations for after the show. | 对,我已经预约了,等你表演结束以后 |
[1:20:24] | Who’s that? Look, I’ll see you later. All right? Bye. | 谁?有人来了,我先挂了 |
[1:20:30] | – Hey. Are you all right? – I need to speak to you. | – 嘿,怎么是你? – 我要和你谈一谈 |
[1:20:33] | Well, I wish you’d called first. I’m expecting some guys over for a conference call. | 你应该先给我打电话,一会儿我在这儿有个电话会议 |
[1:20:36] | I’m having bad thoughts. | 我的心思很乱 |
[1:20:38] | What kind of bad thoughts? | 怎么个乱法? |
[1:20:43] | We did a terrible thing, Ian. | 我们干了非常坏的事,伊恩 |
[1:20:45] | – Oh, Jesus, can you just get past it? – I’m trying. | – 哦,你就不能忘了它? – 我也想 |
[1:20:49] | – I should never have let you talk me into it. – I didn’t. | – 我当时真不应该听你的 – 我也不想 |
[1:20:53] | Terry, you needed his help. Loan sharks were gonna break your legs… | 特瑞,你需要他的帮助 要不然高利贷早就敲断你的腿了 |
[1:20:57] | and maybe even Kate’s as well. | 凯特也难保 |
[1:20:59] | But Martin Burns… | 但是马丁 彭斯… |
[1:21:02] | we stepped on him like he was an insect. | 我们像对待昆虫一样把他弄死了 |
[1:21:05] | Look, Terry, I can’t discuss this now. | 特瑞,我现在不想谈这些 |
[1:21:07] | I’ve got two guys and a transatlantic conference call coming up. | 我和两个伙伴马上要开始跨洋电话会议了 |
[1:21:11] | I can’t go on like this. | 我再也受不了了 |
[1:21:14] | Let’s talk about it later. Why aren’t you at the garage? | 我们以后再说,你怎么没去修车铺? |
[1:21:17] | – I got let go. – What does that mean? | – 我从那解脱了 – 什么意思? |
[1:21:19] | The boss said, uh, I-I should take some time off. | 老板说,我需要休息一段 |
[1:21:25] | He thinks I’ve been under a lot of strain lately. Thanks for denting the Jaguar. | 他说我最近压力太大了 这还得谢谢那辆美洲虎上的凹痕 |
[1:21:29] | Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot to tell you. | 哦,对不起,我不知道 |
[1:21:32] | Look. You’ve gotta relax. All right? | 看,你需要放松 |
[1:21:36] | Lay off the booze and the pills. | 别再喝酒吃药了 |
[1:21:38] | No wonder you’re getting yourself in trouble. | 你在自寻烦恼 |
[1:21:40] | I can’t get through the day without drinking. | 一不喝酒我就会想起那个晚上 |
[1:21:42] | Look, you’ve got to go home. All right? Rest up. | 你先回家吧,好好休息 |
[1:21:45] | I’ll call you later, we’ll get together, all right? | 我会打电话给你的,到时再见面 |
[1:21:48] | You’ve gotta ease up. You’ll give yourself a bloody heart attack. | 你该放松一点儿,去呼吸些新鲜空气 |
[1:21:50] | Then I’ll die. So I’ll die. | 我会死的,我会死的 |
[1:21:52] | Don’t talk like that. What’s the matter with you? | 别这么说话,你到底怎么了? |
[1:21:57] | – Guys, come in, please. – Lovely. | 嘿,请进 |
[1:22:01] | Look, I’ll call you later. I’m gonna get you past this, okay? | 我再给你电话,我会帮你的,好吗? |
[1:22:04] | All right. | 好 |
[1:22:15] | See, this is more like it, Terry, isn’t it? | 看,特瑞,这不很好吗? |
[1:22:17] | Getting out of the house. | 到室外来 |
[1:22:19] | Can’t sit around there too much. Too much thinking. | 别坐着一个劲儿胡思乱想 |
[1:22:24] | Kate said you’re not even talking about poker anymore. | 凯特说你都不玩扑克了 |
[1:22:27] | Where’s our old Terry? | 我们熟悉的特瑞跑哪儿去了? |
[1:22:29] | – I mean, you’re a gambler. This is you. – Yeah. | – 你可是天生的赌徒 – 是的 |
[1:22:31] | I’m not suggesting you go mad or anything, but- | 我不要你豪赌或者干嘛 |
[1:22:33] | I’m not the same Terry, Ian. | 我已经不是那个特瑞了,伊恩 |
[1:22:36] | – I can’t be anymore. – No, you just have to focus. | – 不再是了 – 不,你只是需要转移注意力 |
[1:22:39] | Look, I-I been thinking that you getting the sack… | 我在想现在你背的包袱 换个角度也许是件好事 |
[1:22:42] | is maybe the best thing that ever happened to you. | 什么? |
[1:22:43] | What? | 现在是最好的时候去开始经营你的体育用品店 |
[1:22:44] | Yeah. Now is the perfect time to start thinking about setting up the sport shop. | |
[1:22:48] | I mean, Uncle Howard said he would start you off. You’d be your own boss. | 霍华德舅舅说过他会帮你 你可以成为自己的老板 |
[1:22:52] | No more kowtowing to superiors. And you love sports. | – 没人再对你指手画脚,而且你又那么爱体育 – 是的 |
[1:22:57] | I do. | 也许你是对的,伊恩 也许我只是需要一个大的改变 |
[1:22:57] | Maybe you’re right, Ian. Maybe what I need is just a big change. | |
[1:23:00] | Yeah, you need to focus on something substantial. You can’t just do nothing. | 对,你需要关注一些实在的事情,不能什么也不干 |
[1:23:03] | – Yeah. – Hey? | – 是的 – 对吗? |
[1:23:06] | I think I’ll do it, Ian. | 我想我可以,伊恩 |
[1:23:08] | Yeah, it’s just exactly what you need, Terry. | 对,这就是你需要的,特瑞 |
[1:23:11] | Get off the booze and the pills and set up your own place. | 离开酒和药片,开始新的人生 |
[1:23:15] | Right, and not just sporting goods. | 对,不只是体育用品 |
[1:23:17] | Exercise equipment. | 还可以有锻炼器械 |
[1:23:19] | – That’s where the money is today. – Yeah? | – 现在这个能赚钱 – 是吗? |
[1:23:21] | Yeah. Helping people set up their own private gyms and stuff. | 对,帮助人们建立他们的私人健身房 |
[1:23:24] | I like the way you’re thinking, Terry. | 我很高兴你有这样的想法,特瑞 |
[1:23:26] | ‘Cause you’re thinking forwards. You’re not lookin’ back. | – 你开始向前看了,而不是停在过去 – 对 |
[1:23:29] | That’s right. | – 你的未来很美好,特瑞 – 是吗? |
[1:23:29] | – You’ve got a really good future, Terry. – Yeah? | |
[1:23:31] | You do. Listen, I’m not saying that I haven’t had moments… | 你知道,想起我们那天做的 |
[1:23:34] | where I’ve thought about what we’ve done, and it’s freaked me out. | 我不是一点儿痛苦没有,那种感觉很糟 |
[1:23:37] | – Go on! – We were raised to know right from wrong. | – 快! – 我们从中知道好坏 |
[1:23:39] | – Go on! – Did you get that one? | – 快! – 你买了那只? |
[1:23:41] | Look at this. I got a winner. | 看,我赢了! |
[1:23:44] | It’s the beginning of a new streak, Terry. | 这是个好兆头,特瑞 |
[1:23:47] | I can feel it, Ian. | 我也这么觉得,伊恩 |
[1:23:52] | Could-Could you get this model with the same interior in a left-hand drive… | 能仿照这个外部样式 但是驾驶座在左侧吗? |
[1:23:56] | – say, in California, for instance? – For California. Yeah, certainly. | – 比如,我想在加利福尼亚开它? – 当然可以 |
[1:23:59] | And would there be a long waiting list or- | 会不会要等很长时间? |
[1:24:01] | I would think about three or four months. | 我想大概三到四个月吧 |
[1:24:03] | – Oh, can I? – Please do. | – 哦,我能进去试一试吗? – 当然 |
[1:24:19] | Hey, great scene. You really nailed it. | 嘿,刚才真棒 |
[1:24:23] | – You were great. You were great tonight. – Do you think so? | – 你今晚表现好极了 – 真的吗? |
[1:24:28] | The bedroom scenes were so sexy as always. | 床戏那段还是那么性感 |
[1:24:32] | Well, I was doing it with him, but I was thinking of you for motivation. | 我在和他演的时候,脑子里想的都是你 |
[1:24:39] | Don’t forget. Tomorrow is Lord Eisley’s party. He’s invited the whole cast. | 别忘了,明天是罗德 艾斯雷的宴会,他邀请了全剧组 |
[1:24:42] | Yeah. I’m gonna keep my eye on you like a hawk. | 好的,我会盯着你的 |
[1:24:45] | You know, his son’s a notorious playboy, and I think he’s asked everyone just to get you there. | 要知道,他儿子可是个臭名远扬的花花公子 请那么多人我看就是为了你 |
[1:24:49] | – Uh, what’s that? – Nothing. | – 那是什么? – 没什么 |
[1:24:51] | Show me. | – 给我看看 – 记得吗?你当时在店里特别喜欢 |
[1:24:53] | I got you these. Remember? You liked them in the shop. | |
[1:24:55] | Oh, my God. They must have cost you a fortune. | 哦,天哪,它一定花了你不少钱 |
[1:25:01] | – Hello? – I need to speak to you, Ian. | – 喂? – 我要和你谈一谈,伊恩 |
[1:25:06] | Kate, Kate, Kate, calm down. What’s the matter? | 凯特,凯特,凯特,冷静一点儿,怎么了 |
[1:25:10] | It’s Terry. I really need to speak to you. | 特瑞的事,我真得需要和你谈一谈 |
[1:25:13] | What, now? | 现在吗? |
[1:25:15] | Yeah, now. Is it possible? | 对,现在,可以吗? |
[1:25:18] | Well, look, I’ll see what I can do. | 好,我看一下 |
[1:25:21] | I’ll call you back, all right? | 我马上给你打回去,好吗? |
[1:25:23] | – Is everything all right? – Angela, I have to go to my brother’s for a while. | – 出什么事了? – 安吉拉,我要到我弟弟那儿去一下 |
[1:25:27] | – There’s a little family problem. – It’s nothing serious, I hope. | – 有一点家庭问题 – 不严重吧 |
[1:25:29] | No. That was Kate. You remember? You met her. | 不,刚才是凯特,你见过的,记得吗? |
[1:25:31] | It’s just something’s come up. I’ll see you back at yours in a while. | 只是一点儿小事,一会儿你家见 |
[1:25:34] | Well, hurry. I want to show you my gratitude for the earrings. | 好,尽快哦,我还没对这对耳环表示感谢呢 |
[1:25:40] | All right. See you later, all right? | 好,呆会儿见 |
[1:25:45] | I’m worried about Terry, Ian. | 我真得很担心特瑞,伊恩 |
[1:25:47] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了? |
[1:25:49] | It’s his mental health. | 他的精神有问题 |
[1:25:51] | No, I know he was worried about losing his job… | 我知道他在担心工作的事 |
[1:25:54] | but we were just at the racetrack, and he talked about starting the sport shop. | 但我们今天去赛狗的时候 他刚说了他打算开体育店 |
[1:25:58] | No, he’s not interested in that. | 不,他对那个没兴趣 |
[1:26:00] | And now he’s angry all the time. | 他现在一直很烦躁 |
[1:26:02] | – He’s talking to himself, for God’s sake. – No, we decided. | – 他成天自言自语 – 不,我们刚说定的 |
[1:26:05] | He was gonna speak to Uncle Howard about bankrolling it. He was very excited. | 他打算让霍华德舅舅给他提供资金,他对此很兴奋 |
[1:26:08] | His mind’s not right, Ian. | 他并不真得这么想,伊恩 |
[1:26:11] | You know, what he says one minute doesn’t mean anything the next. | 你知道,他前一分钟怎么想并不代表他接下来就会怎么做 |
[1:26:13] | Right. Well, I’m- I’m taken aback. | 哦,这我有点儿吃惊 |
[1:26:17] | It’s all the pills he’s taking, and the drinking. | 他不停地吃药喝酒 |
[1:26:19] | He thinks he’s killed someone. | 他觉得他杀了人 |
[1:26:25] | – What? – Yeah. | 什么? |
[1:26:27] | You know, I knew this girl once, she had, like, mental problems. | 我以前认识一个女孩,她有精神问题 |
[1:26:30] | She was convinced that she had run someone over. She hadn’t. | 她认为她撞了人,其实没有 |
[1:26:33] | You know, but she was obsessed with it for the rest of her life. | 但她一直就这么想 |
[1:26:36] | Does he, uh- Is he going around… | 他,他有没有… |
[1:26:39] | talking- talking about this, uh, murder? | 提到过什么谋杀? |
[1:26:44] | He’s gotten worse and worse. He has these terrible nightmares. | 他的情况越来越糟 |
[1:26:48] | He’s uncommunicative, face of doom all the time, bouts of crying. | 不和人交流,一直坐在黑暗里,不停地哭泣 |
[1:26:51] | When we were at the dog track, he seemed to have come out of it. | 赛狗的时候,他好像已经走出来了 |
[1:26:54] | When he come home, he was straight back in it. | 回家以后,他还是老样子 |
[1:26:57] | You know, it’s just- it’s obsession that he’s done this horrible thing. | 他就是觉得自己干了什么可怕的事情 |
[1:27:01] | And he- he won’t let me get a doctor. | 他也不让我找医生 |
[1:27:04] | No, no, don’t do that. Don’t-Don’t get a doctor. | 别,别,别找医生 |
[1:27:07] | If you get a doctor, then it can- I’ll deal with this. | 我会处理这件事的 |
[1:27:11] | Well, how? | – 你?怎么办? – 这看起来是比我想的严重… |
[1:27:12] | Well, obviously, it’s a bit more serious than I thought… | |
[1:27:15] | but… if you get a doctor, it could spiral out of control. | 但如果你去找医生,会让事情失控的 |
[1:27:19] | – I really think he should see a doctor. – Don’t get a doctor, Kate. Don’t. | – 我真得觉得他需要看医生 – 别,凯特,千万不要 |
[1:27:22] | Because I know Terry, and it will only make things worse. All right? | 我了解特瑞,找医生只会让事情更糟,知道吗? |
[1:27:26] | Just- I’m gonna be in the countryside tomorrow, all right? | 明天我要去乡下 |
[1:27:30] | And then when I come back, I’ll spend some time with Terry, and it’ll be- | 等我回来,我会找时间和特瑞一起 |
[1:27:33] | You’ll see. It’ll be all right. | 他会好起来的 |
[1:27:35] | Well, where you gonna be if I need you though? | 你要去哪儿,如果我要找你怎么办? |
[1:27:38] | I’ll let you know my whereabouts, then you can call me. | 我会把我的行程告诉你,你有事可以找到我 |
[1:27:40] | I’ll come- I’ll come straight back. | 我会直接回来的 |
[1:27:45] | – So you’re a fan of the Greek tragedies too? – Love them. Crazy about them. | – 所以你也喜欢希腊悲剧? – 对,爱得发狂 |
[1:27:49] | It’s just rare that I could ever get the chance to act in one. | 不过我很少有机会能表演它们 |
[1:27:51] | God, I know. It’s difficult, isn’t it? Which is your favorite, Ian? | 对,那难得很,我知道 你最喜欢哪一部,伊恩? |
[1:27:54] | Oh, I’m not really that-that familiar. | 我对这个并不是太熟悉 |
[1:27:56] | Oh, well. Mine’s always been Medea, Euripides. | 我最喜欢欧里庇德斯的《美狄亚》 |
[1:27:59] | Yeah, me too. I think Clytemnestra’s probably the best character… | 我也很喜欢,我觉得克吕泰涅斯特拉可能是 |
[1:28:03] | – of all classical plays. – Yeah. | – 所有古典剧目里最经典的角色 – 是啊 |
[1:28:05] | I have to say, the best productions of Greek myths I’ve ever seen- | 我不得不说,我所看过的希腊神话最好的结晶 |
[1:28:08] | better than anything you’ll find on the stage-was done in dance… | 不是在戏台上,而是玛莎-葛莱姆剧团的舞蹈 |
[1:28:10] | – by the Martha Graham troupe, you know them? – Really? | – 你知道吗? – 真的吗? |
[1:28:12] | Yeah. I mean, all the terror was there, all the Aristotelian pity and fear. | 对,所有的恐惧,包括亚里士多德的悲悯和忧虑 |
[1:28:16] | It’s so much more visceral in dance, don’t you think? | 都被凝聚在舞蹈中 |
[1:28:19] | Right. | – 布莱恩先生? 你的弟弟在这儿 – 什么? |
[1:28:19] | – Mr. Blaine? Your brother’s here. – Yeah? | |
[1:28:21] | – What? – He’d like to see you. | – 什么? – 他想见你 |
[1:28:23] | Oh. Uh… | 哦,嗯… |
[1:28:27] | could you give me a moment? | 我能离开一会儿吗? |
[1:28:29] | Yeah, sure. Bring him in. | – 当然,带他过来 – 他开这么远过来,是不是有什么要紧事? |
[1:28:30] | It must be pretty bad if he’s driven all the way out here. | |
[1:28:32] | No, l- Uh- It’s just a little family problem. I won’t be long. | 哦,不不,只是点儿家庭小问题,我马上回来 |
[1:28:39] | – Oh, I’m sure it’s nothing. – I’m sure. | – 希望没事 – 希望如此 |
[1:28:43] | – Your brother’s there, Mr. Blaine. – Thanks. | – 你弟弟在这儿,布莱恩先生 – 谢谢 |
[1:28:53] | Terry, what are you doing here? How did you know where I was? | 特瑞,你在这儿干嘛?你怎么知道我在这儿? |
[1:28:58] | Kate had the address. | 凯特告诉我的 |
[1:29:00] | – I need to tell you something. – Well, just keep your voice down. | – 我要和你谈谈 – 小声点儿 |
[1:29:03] | I don’t want anyone overhearing. Why didn’t you just give me a phone? | 我不希望有人听到,你怎么不给我打电话? |
[1:29:06] | – I want to turn myself in, Ian. – What? | – 我想去自首,伊恩 – 什么? |
[1:29:09] | – We broke God’s law. – God? | – 我们违背了上帝的律法 – 上帝? |
[1:29:12] | Terry, what God? What God, you idiot? | 特瑞,什么上帝?哪门子上帝?你脑子坏了吗? |
[1:29:15] | I shouldn’t have let you talk me into it. | 你没办法说服我 |
[1:29:17] | – I didn’t talk you into it. Stop deluding yourself. – I want this off my neck. | – 我不是想说服你,你别再蛊惑自己了 – 我要彻底解脱 |
[1:29:21] | Look, you can’t do this, Terry, all right? | 特瑞,你不能这么做 |
[1:29:24] | You can’t do it. You’d be throwing your whole life away, and mine and Uncle Howard’s. | 你这么做会毁了你的人生,包括我和霍华德舅舅的 |
[1:29:28] | I won’t implicate you and Howard. | 我不会牵连你和霍华德舅舅的 |
[1:29:31] | – You won’t- – This is my personal decision. | – 你不会… – 这是我的个人决定 |
[1:29:34] | – You won’t be able to keep us out of it. – I will. | – 这可不是什么个人决定 – 我决定了 |
[1:29:36] | No, you’re upset. You’re unstable. | 不,你只是现在心烦意乱,情绪不稳 |
[1:29:38] | Your lies will be all transparent. | 你的谎言会被揭穿的 |
[1:29:40] | – I’ve thought about suicide, Ian. – But why? | – 我想过自杀,伊恩 – 为什么? |
[1:29:43] | Stop asking the same questions over and over. | 别重复问这个问题 |
[1:29:45] | Go and commit suicide, and leave Howard and me out of it. | 去吧,让我和霍华德舅舅能够安心 |
[1:29:47] | I just want the slate wiped clean. | 我只是要洗净我的罪 |
[1:29:51] | Look. You’re depressed. | 你现在只是情绪沮丧 |
[1:29:53] | You’re just suffering from a little depression, that’s all. | 在低潮期,就这么简单 |
[1:29:56] | – Kate wants me to see a doctor. – No, no. Look, I can help you. If you’ll just let me. | – 凯特要我去看医生 – 不,不,我能帮助你 |
[1:30:00] | I just want to tell someone. Go in and serve my punishment. Have it off me. | 我必须把这件事情说出来,得到应有的惩罚 |
[1:30:05] | Just give me a minute. Give me a minute to get my thoughts in order, will you? | 让我静一静,让我静一静 |
[1:30:10] | I wish you could come with me. But if you won’t, I understand. | 我希望你能和我一起去,但我知道你不会的 |
[1:30:14] | Just give me a minute. | 让我想一下 |
[1:30:18] | – I feel less panic since I made this decision. – Hi. | 我自从做了这个决定心里好受多了 |
[1:30:21] | You okay? Are you gonna join us? | 你还好吗?要不要过来? |
[1:30:24] | Terry and I are just discussing a little problem. Everything will be all right. | 没事,特瑞和我在谈一些问题 |
[1:30:28] | Just had to talk to Ian about something. | 对,我就是和伊恩聊一聊 |
[1:30:31] | – You sure? – Yes. | – 你确定? – 对 |
[1:30:33] | You go on, I’ll only be a minute. | 你去吧,我马上就来 |
[1:30:35] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:30:41] | She’s very beautiful. She’d make a great wife for you. | – 她真漂亮,她会是你的好妻子 – 特瑞,你听我说 |
[1:30:46] | Look, Terry. | 我会帮你的 |
[1:30:46] | Terry, listen to me. I want to help you. I do. | |
[1:30:48] | But this is not the time or the place. | 但是现在时间地点都不合适 |
[1:30:50] | – I’m sorry for barging in. – No, no, it’s all right. It’s all right. | – 哦,我很抱歉打扰你 – 不,不,这没什么,这没什么 |
[1:30:52] | Look, I want to hear what you’ve got to say. We’re family. You’re my brother. | 我要知道你的想法 因为我们是一家人,你是我的弟弟 |
[1:30:56] | Yeah, we can talk, but you’re not gonna change my mind. | 对,我们可以聊,但别想改变我的想法 |
[1:30:58] | Maybe not. Maybe not. Maybe you’ll even change mine. But just promise me one thing. | 当然不,也许你会改变我的想法 但是答应我一件事 |
[1:31:03] | We’ve gotta have a discussion about this before you plunge ahead. | 你做之前我们一定要再好好谈一次 |
[1:31:07] | – Promise? – Promise. Can I come in and get a drink? | – 你保证? – 我保证,我能进去喝一杯吗? |
[1:31:09] | No, that’s not a good idea. | 不,这可不是好主意 |
[1:31:11] | – You go. I’ll give you a call tonight. – Right. | – 你走吧,我今晚给你打电话 – 好吧 |
[1:31:19] | Call me tonight. | 今晚给我电话 |
[1:31:42] | I just don’t see any alternative. | 看来没别的办法了 |
[1:31:46] | What are we saying? | 天哪,你在说什么? |
[1:31:49] | Well, I don’t know what we’re saying. We’re-We’re saying we want to survive. | 我也不知道,我只是说,我们得保住自己 |
[1:31:55] | But he’s family. | 但他是我们的亲人 |
[1:31:58] | Terry. He’s my brother. | 特瑞,他是我的弟弟! |
[1:32:00] | Well, I-I know that. | 我,我知道 |
[1:32:02] | But he has to be stopped before he- this whole thing unravels. | 但得阻止他,在他把事情都说出来以前 |
[1:32:07] | Yeah, I can’t- I can’t let that happen. | 对,我明白 |
[1:32:10] | No. | 不 |
[1:32:12] | No, l- | 这么说… |
[1:32:14] | It’s killing again. | 又要杀吗 |
[1:32:17] | How am I gonna do that? | 我怎么做得出来 |
[1:32:20] | It’s deja vu, but a thousand times worse. | 感觉是似曾相识,但这要糟得多 |
[1:32:23] | Speed is of the essence. | 我们要快 |
[1:32:25] | Terry could be doing something awful while we sit here and curse our fate. | 也许我们坐在这儿抱怨的时候 特瑞已经把事情捅出去了 |
[1:32:30] | He was right about one thing. | 他说得对 |
[1:32:33] | It was like crossing a line. | 越过底线 |
[1:32:36] | There was no way back. | 就没法儿回头了 |
[1:32:39] | It has to be made to look like an accident. | 把它设计成一个意外 |
[1:32:42] | Yeah. Yeah, an accident or a suicide. | 意外或者自杀 |
[1:32:50] | Well, he just broods. | 他就呆在那儿 |
[1:32:52] | You know, he sits there talking to himself. | 自言自语 |
[1:32:55] | He imagines that you and him have got some dark secret. | 他觉得你和他之间有什么不可告人的秘密 |
[1:32:59] | You know, that you’ve harmed someone or something. | 好像你们做了什么坏事 |
[1:33:03] | Ian, I think he’s gonna hurt himself. | 我觉得他会伤害自己 |
[1:33:09] | Let me be alone with him, Kate. | 让我和他单独呆一会儿,凯特 |
[1:33:11] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[1:33:32] | Terry. | 特瑞 |
[1:33:38] | – Terry. – I had a dream about Martin Burns. | – 特瑞 – 我又梦到马丁 彭斯了 |
[1:33:56] | Terry, listen to me. | 特瑞,听我说 |
[1:33:59] | I dreamed again… | 我又梦到 |
[1:34:01] | about Martin Burns. | 马丁 彭斯了… |
[1:34:04] | You need a couple of days away from all this. | 你需要一些日子彻底走出来 |
[1:34:08] | Get some fresh air, some sea air… | 呼吸新鲜空气,到海边去 |
[1:34:12] | just the two of us. | 就我们两个人 |
[1:34:14] | We’ll go out on the boat again tomorrow. | 明天我们出海去 |
[1:34:17] | – We never go sailing anymore, Ian. – That’s what I’m saying. | – 我们很久没去了,伊恩 – 是啊 |
[1:34:21] | We’ll take some sandwiches and some beers… | 我们可以带上三明治和啤酒 |
[1:34:25] | and we’ll just talk, brother to brother. | 然后好好谈一谈 |
[1:34:29] | I’d like that. | 好的 |
[1:34:32] | I wish you could see my point of view. | 我希望你能理解我的想法 |
[1:34:35] | It’ll be great. Just the two of us. | 好啊,就我们两个人 |
[1:34:41] | I think Angela said she was taking Kate shopping tomorrow. | 安吉拉明天会带凯特去购物 |
[1:34:45] | She said she was gonna help her out with her style. | – 她说她要让凯特涣然一新 – 对 |
[1:34:49] | Yeah. | 我们去放松放松 |
[1:34:50] | And we’ll just relax, yeah? | |
[1:34:52] | Get some sun. Maybe we can have a swim. | 晒晒太阳,也许还能游游泳 |
[1:34:55] | You’ll feel so much better when you’ve had some sea air. | 吹吹海风你整个人就会好起来的 |
[1:34:58] | Yeah, but we’ll never be our old selves again, Ian, right? | 对,但我们再也回不去了,伊恩,对不对? |
[1:35:01] | I mean, there’s no going back. | 再也回不到过去了 |
[1:35:06] | Go and tell Kate that we’re going out sailing tomorrow. | 告诉凯特明天我们一起去出海 |
[1:35:10] | – Right. – Yeah. | 好的 |
[1:35:11] | – Okay. – Come on. | 来吧 |
[1:35:16] | Kate, I’ve got something to tell you. | 凯特,我有事和你说 |
[1:35:20] | We’re going sailing tomorrow. | 我们明天打算一起出海 |
[1:35:23] | Yeah, just the two of us. Ian’s gonna take me out on the boat. | 就我们两个人 伊恩打算带我出去 |
[1:36:00] | So, did Terry tell you the good news? | 特瑞和你说了吗? |
[1:36:02] | Yeah, it’s a wonderful idea. | 是的 |
[1:36:05] | ‘Cause you two never really got the chance to spend much time on your boat, did you? | 你们买了船之后都还没真正去享受过呢 |
[1:36:08] | – And you were so excited when you first bought it. – Yeah. | – 当初你们买它的时候多么兴奋啊 – 是啊 |
[1:36:11] | I told Ian about Angela taking you shopping tomorrow as well. | 安吉拉明天会带你去购物 |
[1:36:14] | Oh, yeah. She’s so nice. | 她人真好 |
[1:36:21] | Mike Eisley from the garden party asked if we were serious. | 那天聚会上麦克 艾斯雷问我们之间是不是认真的 |
[1:36:24] | And then he invited me to Morocco for the weekend. | – 他邀请我周末去摩洛哥 – 你怎么说的? |
[1:36:30] | And what did you say? | 我和他说我爱你 |
[1:36:30] | Well, I told him that I loved you. | |
[1:36:33] | For the first time in my life, those words actually had meaning. | 我第一次感到这三个字对我的意义 |
[1:36:37] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:36:41] | – Are you all right? – Yeah, yeah. | – 你还好吗? – 嗯,还好 |
[1:36:43] | – You seem a bit distracted. – No, I’m just thinking about what you’re saying. | – 你看起来有点儿心不在焉 – 我只是在想你说的 |
[1:36:47] | And I’m tired, you know. | 你也知道我最近很累 |
[1:36:50] | Well, you have been working really hard recently. | 你最近太忙于工作了 |
[1:36:54] | I think taking your boat out with your brother… | 我想你明天和弟弟出海 |
[1:36:56] | will do you just as much good as him. | 对彼此都是放松 |
[1:36:59] | – Is he all right? – He’s depressed. | – 他还好吧? – 就是很沮丧 |
[1:37:03] | He drinks too much and he’s getting sullen, and- | 喝得太多,变得闷闷不乐 |
[1:37:07] | Kate’s worried that he might hurt himself. | 凯特担心他会做什么傻事 |
[1:37:09] | Well, maybe he- Well, he should go to a doctor then. | 也许,也许他需要看看医生 |
[1:37:12] | No, he resists. He resists. | 不,他很抵触,很抵触 |
[1:37:14] | I didn’t tell Kate this, but he’s talked of suicide. | 他甚至谈到过自杀,我还没把这告诉凯特 |
[1:37:18] | Oh, my God. | 哦,天哪 |
[1:37:23] | – I’m so sorry. That’s awful. – I know. | – 这太糟了 – 是啊 |
[1:39:18] | Best thing we ever did, getting this boat, Terry, isn’t it? | 买下这艘船真是我们最正确的决定 特瑞,对吗? |
[1:39:20] | Eh? | 嗯? |
[1:39:23] | Kate’s right. We don’t get out on it as often as we should. | 凯特说得对,我们都还没怎么真正开它出海 |
[1:39:26] | It’s sad how things turned out, isn’t it? | 事情怎么会变成这样? |
[1:39:28] | – Don’t start, Terry. – No, I mean it, Ian. | – 你要来了,特瑞 – 我们得谈它,伊恩 |
[1:39:32] | We made the wrong decision. | 我们做了一个错误的决定 |
[1:39:34] | The way I see it, we didn’t have much choice. | 我们当时别无选择! |
[1:39:36] | You always have choice, Ian. | 有的,伊恩 |
[1:39:39] | I see that now. | 我现在想明白了 |
[1:39:42] | I mean, l- I didn’t at first. | 当初我也和你一样 |
[1:39:44] | I thought… like you, that we had no choice, but- | 认为我们别无选择 |
[1:39:48] | All right, let’s say that you’re right- which I’m not saying- | 好吧,我们来看看 |
[1:39:51] | but let’s say for the sake of argument… | 假设你说得是对的 |
[1:39:53] | – that we did make the wrong choice. – For the sake of argument? | – 假设我们的选择错了 – 假设? |
[1:39:58] | You really fool yourself, Ian, don’t you? | 你在自欺欺人,伊恩,对吗? |
[1:40:00] | His testimony was gonna put Uncle Howard in prison for the rest of his life. | 他的证词会让霍华德舅舅进监狱,一辈子也别想出来 |
[1:40:03] | Well, maybe Uncle Howard deserves to go to jail. | 也许他就该进监狱呢 |
[1:40:05] | Oh, what a thing to say. Forget it. | 哦,你在说什么,算了吧 |
[1:40:09] | Christ, you think we’ve committed some kind of unnatural act, but we haven’t. | 你总觉得我们做了什么丧尽天良的事,没有! |
[1:40:14] | The whole of human life is about violence. | 人的一生就是暴力 |
[1:40:17] | It’s a cruel world, Terry. | 世界很残酷,特瑞! |
[1:40:20] | You’re just shaken up because you’ve come- | 你刚刚意识到这一点 |
[1:40:22] | you’ve come face-to-face with your own human nature. | 所以才这么乱 |
[1:40:28] | I-I mean, I didn’t have to do it. | 我不该那么做 |
[1:40:32] | Well, why did you then? | 是吗,那你当时为什么? |
[1:40:35] | I just kept going, like- like when I gamble over my head, you know? | 我也不知道 |
[1:40:40] | I just put the bet down like when I’m in a dream. | 就像在梦里下注一样 |
[1:40:43] | You weren’t dreaming when you shot him. | 你开枪的时候可不是在做梦! |
[1:40:47] | All right. Look, listen. | 好吧,来,听我说 |
[1:40:49] | We made a mistake, right? But it’s over. | 我们是错了,但它已经结束了 |
[1:40:52] | All right? We made the wrong choice. I’m giving you that… | 我们是错了 |
[1:40:55] | but being punished by it won’t undo it. | 但这已经没办法挽回了 |
[1:40:58] | Martin Burns is dead. He’s dead. | 马丁 彭斯死了,他死了 |
[1:41:12] | I called the police last night. | 我昨晚打电话给警察了 |
[1:41:16] | You did what? | 你说什么? |
[1:41:18] | I called them and I told them I had information on the murder of Martin Burns. | 我和他们说我有马丁 彭斯案子的线索 |
[1:41:22] | They said, “Who is it?” | 他们问我是谁 |
[1:41:24] | I wanted to tell them… who I was, but I didn’t. | 我想告诉他们的,但是我没有 |
[1:41:31] | Hung up. | 我把电话挂了 |
[1:41:33] | I’m gonna call them as soon as I get back, Ian. | 我想今天一回去就打,伊恩 |
[1:41:36] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么这么做? |
[1:41:38] | What’s the matter with you? It’s suicide, Terry. | 你干嘛要这么做? 这等于自杀,特瑞 |
[1:41:43] | Don’t you even care that you’re gonna take Uncle Howard and me with you? | 你就不在乎你会害了我和霍华德舅舅? |
[1:41:47] | It’s the order of things, Ian. It’s off kilter. Can’t you see it? | 世界是有秩序的,现在它失衡了,伊恩 |
[1:41:52] | I have to straighten it out. | 我要把它调整回去 |
[1:41:54] | All right. I don’t wanna talk about this anymore. | 我不想再说了 |
[1:41:59] | We came out here just to relax, didn’t we? Just to sail and unwind, eh? | 我们只是来放松的,对吗? |
[1:42:02] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:42:05] | – I’m just gonna get us some more beers, all right? – All right. | – 我去再拿点儿啤酒,怎么样? – 好 |
[1:43:31] | Why couldn’t you just let it go? Why couldn’t you let it go? | – 你为什么要这么做?你为什么要这么做? – 伊恩,你怎么了? |
[1:43:34] | Ian, what’s wrong? | – 你把一切都毁了,特瑞 – 伊恩,你怎么了? |
[1:43:34] | – You’ve ruined everything, Terry. – Ian, what’s wrong? | |
[1:43:36] | Terry, you’ve ruined it! You’ve ruined everything! | 特瑞,你把一切都毁了! 你他妈的把一切都毁了! |
[1:43:39] | – Ian, stop! – We could’ve had everything! | – 伊恩,住手! – 本来什么事都没有的! |
[1:43:46] | Ian. Ian. | 伊恩,伊恩 |
[1:43:50] | Ian. Ian. | 伊恩,伊恩 |
[1:43:53] | Ian. | 伊恩 |
[1:43:58] | Ian! | 伊恩! |
[1:44:01] | Oh, God. | 哦,天哪 |
[1:44:08] | God. | 天哪 |
[1:44:17] | What we think happened, but we don’t know for sure… | 现在还不确定是什么原因 |
[1:44:20] | one killed the other, either on purpose or by accident… | 其中一个有意或者无意杀了另一个 |
[1:44:23] | and then took his own life, drowned himself. | 然后就自杀了 |
[1:44:27] | Awful. | 真可怕 |
[1:44:29] | The place reeks of booze and pills. | 现场发现了酒和安眠药 |
[1:44:32] | I don’t know. Every day, it’s something else. | 每天总得有点儿事 |
[1:44:42] | Oh, I like that. | 哦,我喜欢这件 |
[1:44:45] | – What do you think? – Yeah. | – 你觉得怎么样? – 不错 |
[1:44:47] | – I would look good in that. – Yeah, Terry would love that. | – 我穿着应该不错 – 对,特瑞会喜欢的 |
[1:44:49] | – Would he? – Yeah, men love that sort of shape. | – 真的吗? – 他们都喜欢这样的 |
[1:44:52] | I wore something similar when Ian first saw me. | 伊恩第一次见我时,我也穿的类似的 |