英文名称:Gone with the Wind
年代:1939
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[06:51] | What do we care if we were expelled from college? | 如果我们被学院开除怎样办 |
[06:54] | The war is gonna start any day… | 战争随时会爆发… |
[06:55] | We would’ve left college anyhow. | 我们不能离开学院 |
[06:57] | War! Isn’t it exciting, Scarlett? | 战争 不是很刺激吗 斯佳丽 |
[06:59] | Do you know those Yankees actually want a war? | 那些穷北佬想要打一仗吗 |
[07:01] | -We’ll show ’em… -Fiddle-dee-dee! | -我们会… -胡扯 |
[07:03] | War, war, war! | 真讨厌 战争 战争 |
[07:05] | This war talk’s spoiling all the fun at every party this spring. | 这些战争的话题破坏了我们舞会 |
[07:07] | I get so bored I could scream! | 而且让我厌烦得想大叫 |
[07:10] | Besides, there isn’t going to be any war… | 何况 根本不会有战争… |
[07:12] | Not gonna be any war? | 不会有战争 |
[07:13] | Why, honey, of course there’s going to be a war! | 为什么 亲爱的 战争肯定会爆发 |
[07:16] | If either of you says “war” just once again… | 如果你们再谈战争… |
[07:18] | I’ll go in the house and slam the door. | 我就进去了 |
[07:20] | -But, Scarlett, honey… -Don’t you want us to have a war? | -但是 斯佳丽… -你不想要我们打一仗吗 |
[07:29] | Well… | 好… |
[07:31] | but remember… | 但要记住… |
[07:33] | I warned you. | 我警告过你们 |
[07:34] | I’ve got an idea. | 我知道 |
[07:36] | We’ll talk about the Wilkes’ barbecue at Twelve Oaks. | 我们讨论明天威尔家的烤肉宴吧 |
[07:38] | That’s a good idea. Aren’t you eating barbecue with us? | 好的 你要跟我们共餐吗 |
[07:41] | I hadn’t thought about that yet. I’ll think about that tomorrow. | 也许吧 明天我会考虑 |
[07:45] | We want all your waltzes. | 我们共舞华尔兹 |
[07:46] | First Brent, then me, then Brent, then me again and so on. | 首先布伦特 然后我 轮流 |
[07:49] | -Promise? -I’d just love to. | -可以吗 -我很乐意 |
[07:52] | If only I didn’t have every one of them taken already. | 如果我没跟别人跳的话 |
[07:55] | Why, honey, you can’t do that to us. | 你不能那样对我们 |
[07:57] | -How about if we tell you a secret? -A secret? Who about? | -假如我们告诉你一个秘密 -什么 谁的 |
[08:00] | Do you know Miss Melanie Hamilton from Atlanta? | 你知道亚特兰大来的梅勒妮吗 |
[08:02] | Ashley Wilkes’ cousin. She’s visiting the Wilkes’… | 艾西利·威尔克斯的表妹 她要来… |
[08:04] | That goody-goody! Who wants to know a secret about her? | 那个伪善的人 谁要管她 |
[08:07] | Anyway, we heard, that is, they say… | 不管怎样 他们说… |
[08:09] | Ashley Wilkes is gonna marry her… | 艾西利就要娶她了… |
[08:11] | The Wilkeses always marry their cousins. | 威尔家族都娶表妹 |
[08:13] | Now do we get those waltzes? | 可以跳华尔兹了吗 |
[08:15] | Of course. | 当然 |
[08:17] | I’ll bet the other boys will be hopping mad… | 我打赌其他男孩会很生气… |
[08:20] | Let ’em be mad. We two can handle’em! | 让我们疯狂 |
[08:22] | It can’t be true. Ashley loves me! | 这不会是真的 艾西利爱我的 |
[08:25] | Scarlett! | 斯佳丽 |
[08:26] | What has gotten into her? | 她怎么了 |
[08:28] | Do you suppose we made her mad? | 是我们让她那样吗 |
[08:30] | Where’re you goin’ without your shawl… | 天就要黑了… |
[08:32] | and the night air fixin’ to set in? | 你不加披肩要去哪儿 |
[08:34] | How come you didn’t ask them gentlemen to stay for supper? | 你不和他们吃晚饭了 |
[08:37] | You ain’t got no more manners than a field hand… | 你这样真没礼貌… |
[08:39] | after me and Miss Ellen done labored with you. | 我和埃伦那样对你 |
[08:41] | Miss Scarlett, come on in the house! | 斯佳丽 快回来 |
[08:44] | Come on in before you catch your death of dampness. | 快回来 免得感冒 |
[08:45] | No! I’ll wait for Pa to come home from the Wilkes’. | 不 我要等爸爸回来 |
[08:48] | Come on in here! | 回来 |
[08:50] | Come on! | 快 |
[09:07] | Quittin’ time! | 该收工了 |
[09:08] | Who says it’s quittin’ time? | 谁说的 |
[09:10] | I says it’s quittin’ time. | 我才说收工 |
[09:11] | I’s the foreman… | 我是工头… |
[09:13] | I’s the one that says when it’s quittin’ time at Tara! | 在塔拉庄园由我叫收工的 |
[09:15] | Quittin’ time! | 收工 |
[09:17] | Quittin’ time! | 收工了 |
[09:59] | There’s none in the county can touch you… | 本州的马和骑士… |
[10:01] | and none in the state. | 没有能和我相比的 |
[10:04] | Pa! | 爸 |
[10:05] | So it’s proud of yourself, you are. | 真为你自豪 |
[10:10] | Well, Katie Scarlett O’Hara! | 斯佳丽·奥哈拉 |
[10:12] | So, you’ve been spying on me, and like your sister, Suellen… | 你是来监视我的吗 跟你妹妹苏安琳一样… |
[10:15] | …you’ll tell your mother I was jumping again? | …你会告诉母亲我跳越栅栏吗 |
[10:18] | Pa, you know I’m no tattletale like Suellen… | 我才不爱… |
[10:19] | but it does seem to me… | 多嘴呢… |
[10:21] | after you broke your knee last year jumping that same fence… | 但当你摔坏膝盖时… |
[10:24] | I’ll not have me own daughter… | 我不需要我女儿… |
[10:26] | tellin’ me what I shall jump and not jump. | 来告诉我该不该跳 |
[10:29] | It’s my own neck, so it is. | 那是我自己的膝盖 |
[10:30] | All right, Pa, you jump what you please… | 好吧 爸… |
[10:32] | How are they all over at Twelve Oaks? | 十二橡园的威尔家好吗 |
[10:34] | The Wilkeses? | 威尔 |
[10:35] | Just as you’d expect with the barbecue… | 你期待明天的烤肉… |
[10:38] | tomorrow and talking nothing but war. | 并谈谈战争的事 |
[10:40] | Oh, bother the war. Was there anyone else there? | 不要管战争 有其他的人在那吗 |
[10:43] | Their cousin, Melanie Hamilton… | 有亚特兰大来的梅勒妮·汉密尔顿… |
[10:44] | from Atlanta and her brother, Charles. | 还有她弟弟查尔斯 |
[10:46] | Melanie Hamilton! | 梅勒妮·汉密尔顿 |
[10:47] | She’s a pale-faced, mealy-mouthed ninny. I hate her. | 她是个软弱无能的人 我讨厌她 |
[10:50] | Ashley Wilkes doesn’t think so. | 艾西利并不这么想 |
[10:51] | Ashley Wilkes couldn’t like anyone like her. | 他不可能喜欢她那种人 |
[10:54] | What’s your interest in Ashley and Miss Melanie? | 你对艾西利和梅勒妮感兴趣 |
[10:58] | It’s nothing. Let’s go into the house, Pa. | 没有 我们回家吧 |
[11:01] | Has he been trifling with you? Has he asked you to marry him? | 他对你不重要吗 他向你求过婚吗 |
[11:04] | -No! -No, nor will he. | -没有 -不 他不会的 |
[11:05] | I have it in strictest confidence… | 约翰·威尔克斯… |
[11:07] | from John Wilkes this afternoon… | 今天下午告诉我… |
[11:09] | Ashley is going to marry Miss Melanie. | 艾西利就要娶梅勒妮了 |
[11:10] | It will be announced tomorrow night at the ball. | 明晚舞会上宣布 |
[11:14] | I don’t believe it. | 我不相信 |
[11:15] | Here! Here! Where are you off to? | 喂 你去哪里 |
[11:18] | Scarlett! | 斯佳丽 |
[11:20] | What are you about? | 你怎么了 |
[11:22] | Have you made a spectacle of yourself running after a man… | 你在追一个不爱你的男人… |
[11:25] | who’s not in love with you… | 而你应该在城里… |
[11:26] | when you might have any man in the county. | 找个男孩 |
[11:28] | I haven’t been running after him. It’s just a surprise, that’s all. | 没有追他 只是惊奇罢了 |
[11:32] | Now, don’t be jerking your chin at me. | 你可别骗我 |
[11:35] | If Ashley wanted to marry you… | 如果艾西利想要娶你的话 |
[11:36] | it would be with misgivings I’d say “yes”. | 我是不会同意的 |
[11:37] | I want my girl to be happy. You’d not be happy with him. | 我要你快乐 你跟他不会快乐的 |
[11:41] | I would, I would! | 我会的 我会的 |
[11:43] | What difference does it make who you marry… | 我要你嫁给一个南方人… |
[11:44] | so long as he’s a Southerner and thinks like you. | 和你思想一样的人 |
[11:47] | And when I’m gone, I’ll leave Tara to you. | 而且有一天我会把塔拉庄园留给你 |
[11:49] | I don’t want Tara. Plantations don’t mean anything when… | 我不要塔拉庄园 我只要… |
[11:52] | You mean to tell me, Katie Scarlett O’Hara… | 你是说 斯佳丽… |
[11:54] | that land doesn’t mean anything to you? | 你不爱惜你的田地吗 |
[11:57] | Why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for… | 田地是世上最值得卖力… |
[12:00] | worth fighting for, worth dying for… | 最值得奋斗卖命的东西… |
[12:01] | because it’s the only thing that lasts. | 因为它是世上唯一永久的东西 |
[12:04] | Oh, Pa, you talk like an Irishman… | 你说话跟爱尔兰人一样… |
[12:05] | It’s proud I am that I’m Irish. | 身为爱尔兰人我很骄傲 |
[12:07] | And don’t you be forgetting, Missy, that you’re half Irish too. | 要记住你也有一半爱尔兰血统 |
[12:11] | And to anyone with a drop of Irish blood in them… | 对任何一个爱尔兰人来说… |
[12:13] | why, the land they live on is like their mother. | 自己居住的土地应视作母亲 |
[12:16] | Oh, but you’re just a child… | 你还是孩子… |
[12:18] | It’ll come to you, this love of the land. | 你将来会爱惜土地的 |
[12:20] | There’s no getting away from it if you’re Irish. | 你是爱尔兰人就不可避免 |
[12:48] | Yonder she comes! | 她来了 |
[12:49] | Miss Scarlett, Miss Suellen, Miss Carreen, your ma’s home! | 斯佳丽 苏安琳 凯瑞英 你们母亲回来了 |
[12:52] | Actin’ like a wet nurse to them low-down, poor white trash… | 为了看护那些低级无用的白人… |
[12:55] | instead of bein’ here eatin’ her supper. Cookie, stir up the fire! | 晚饭都忘了回来吃 准备好晚饭 |
[12:58] | Miss Ellen’s got no business wearin’ herself out. | 埃伦没事了 忙呢 |
[13:01] | Take the lamp out on the porch! Wearin’ herself out. | 伯 拿个灯到门廊 |
[13:04] | Mist’ Gerald, Miss Ellen’s home. | 乔瑞德先生 埃伦小姐回来了 |
[13:06] | Wearin’ herself out waitin’ on the poor white trash. | 无用的白人 |
[13:08] | Shut up, dogs! Barkin’ in the house like that. | 闭嘴 该死的狗 |
[13:11] | Get up from there. Don’t you hear that Miss Ellen’s comin’? | 起来 小鬼 没听到埃伦小姐回来了吗 |
[13:13] | Get out there and get her medicine chest. | 把海伦小姐的药箱拿进来 |
[13:16] | We was gettin’ worried about you, Miss Ellen. | 海伦小姐 我们正在担心你呢 |
[13:18] | -Mist’ Gerald… -All right, Pork. I’m home. | -乔瑞德先生… -我回来了 回来了 |
[13:21] | Mrs. O’Hara, we finished plowing the creek bottom today. | 奥哈拉太太 我们耕好地了 |
[13:25] | What do you want me to start on tomorrow? | 明天要做什么 |
[13:28] | Mr. Wilkerson, I’ve just come from Emmy Slattery’s bedside. | 威克森 我从艾美·沙特丽那来 |
[13:32] | Your child has been born. | 你的孩子生下来了 |
[13:33] | My child, ma’am? I’m sure I don’t understand. | 我的孩子吗 夫人 我不明白 |
[13:37] | Has been born and, mercifully, has died. | 生了 然后安祥地死了 |
[13:40] | Goodnight, Mr. Wilkerson. | 晚安 威克森先生 |
[13:45] | I’ll fix your supper for you myself, and you eats it. | 我准备了晚餐 你吃吧 |
[13:47] | After prayers, Mammy. | 祈祷后再说 |
[13:49] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 |
[13:51] | Mr. O’Hara. | 奥哈拉先生 |
[13:53] | You must dismiss Jonas Wilkerson. | 你必须开除威克森 |
[13:55] | Dismiss him, Mrs. O’Hara? He’s the best overseer in the county. | 开除他 太太 他是最能干的监工 |
[13:58] | He must go tomorrow morning, first thing. | 他明天必须走人 |
[14:01] | But… | 但是… |
[14:03] | -No! -Yes! | -不会吧 -是的 |
[14:06] | The Yankee Wilkerson and the white-trash Slattery girl! | 这北佬威克森和那下流的沙特丽 |
[14:08] | We’ll discuss it later, Mr. O’Hara. | 我们待会再谈 奥哈拉先生 |
[14:11] | Yes, Mrs. O’Hara. | 好的 |
[14:17] | I want to wear Scarlett’s green dress! | 我要穿斯佳丽的绿色衣服 |
[14:19] | I don’t like your tone, Suellen… | 我不喜欢你讲话的口气 苏安琳… |
[14:21] | Your pink gown is lovely. | 你有你自己的粉红色礼服 |
[14:22] | Can’t I stay up for the ball tomorrow? | 我可以去跳舞吗 |
[14:24] | But you may wear my garnets with it. | 但你可以穿我那深红色的 |
[14:26] | Why can’t I stay up for the ball tomorrow night? | 我为什么不能去跳舞 |
[14:29] | Scarlett… | 斯佳丽… |
[14:30] | you look tired, my dear. I’m worried about you. | 你看起来很累 亲爱的 |
[14:34] | I’m all right, Mother. | 我没事 母亲 |
[14:35] | Why can’t I stay up for the ball tomorrow night? | 我可以去跳舞吗 |
[14:38] | I’m 13 now. | 我13岁了 |
[14:39] | You may go to the barbecue and stay up through supper. | 你可以参加烤肉然后留下来吃饭 |
[14:42] | I didn’t want to wear your tacky green dress anyhow, stingy! | 我才不要你的衣服 小气鬼 |
[14:44] | Oh, hush up! | 肃静 |
[14:45] | Prayers, girls. | 祷告 孩子们 |
[14:53] | And to all the saints, that I… | 神圣的主… |
[14:55] | have sinned exceedingly in thought, word and deed… | 我罪恶的想法行为… |
[14:58] | through my fault. | 都是我的过失 |
[15:00] | Through my fault, through my most grievous fault. | 我的错 我最大的错 |
[15:03] | Therefore, I beseech the Blessed Mary, ever Virgin… | 我恳求女神玛丽… |
[15:07] | Blessed Michael, the Archangel… | 天使迈克尔… |
[15:09] | Blessed John the Baptist… | 圣徒约翰… |
[15:11] | the Holy Apostles, Peter and Paul… | 圣徒彼得 保罗… |
[15:14] | nd all the saints to pray to the Lord, our God, for me. | 所有圣徒为我的主祈祷 |
[15:17] | But Ashley doesn’t know I love him! | 艾西利并不知道我爱他 |
[15:21] | I’ll tell him that I love him and then he can’t marry her! | 我一定要告诉他我爱他 那么他就不会娶她了 |
[15:25] | “May the Almighty, and most merciful Lord… | “期望全能仁慈的主… |
[15:29] | grant us pardon, absolution… | 宽恕和赦免我们… |
[15:31] | and remission of our sins. Amen.” | 免除我们所有罪恶 阿门” |
[15:35] | Just hold on and suck in. | 抓紧 吸气 |
[15:38] | Mammy, here’s Miss Scarlett’s vittles. | 保姆 斯佳丽小姐的饭来了 |
[15:41] | ou can take that back. I won’t eat a bite. | 拿回去 我不吃 |
[15:43] | Oh, yes, ma’am, you is! | 是的 |
[15:45] | You’s gonna eat every mouthful of this. | 要 你要吃的 |
[15:48] | No, I’m not! | 不 我不吃 |
[15:53] | Put on the dress, because we’re late already. | 帮我穿衣吧 要迟到了 |
[15:55] | -What’s my lamb gonna wear? -That. | -你要穿的那一件呢 -在那 |
[15:57] | No you ain’t! You can’t show your bosom before three o’clock. | 不能露出自己的胸部 |
[16:01] | I’m gonna speak to your ma about you! | 我要告诉你母亲 |
[16:03] | If you say one word to mother, I won’t eat a bite! | 如果你告诉妈 我就不吃 |
[16:11] | Well… | 好吧… |
[16:19] | Keep your shawl on. I ain’t aimin’ for you to get all freckled… | 披肩要披在肩上… |
[16:22] | after the buttermilk I done put on you all this winter… | 在我做好酪乳后穿上… |
[16:24] | bleachin’ them freckles. | 免得长雀斑 |
[16:32] | Now, Miss Scarlett, you come on and be good… | 好了 斯佳丽要乖一点… |
[16:34] | and eat just a little, honey. | 来吃点 |
[16:36] | No. | 不 |
[16:38] | I’m going to have a good time today… | 今天要好好享受… |
[16:39] | and do my eating at the barbecue. | 烤肉宴上的东西我都要吃 |
[16:42] | If you don’t care what folks says about this family, I does! | 你要毁了这个家的声誉吗 |
[16:44] | I has told you and told you that you can always tell a lady… | 我一再告诉你 作为淑女… |
[16:48] | by the way she eats with folks. Like a bird! | 在大众前要少吃东西 |
[16:50] | I ain’t aimin’ for you to go after Mr. Wilkes… | 我不让你去追威尔克斯先生… |
[16:52] | and eat like a field hand and gobble like a hog! | 还有大吃大喝 像公猪一样的叫 |
[16:55] | Fiddle-dee-dee! | 胡说 |
[16:56] | Ashley Wilkes told me… | 艾西利说他… |
[16:58] | he likes to see a girl with a healthy appetite. | 他喜欢胃口大的女孩 |
[17:00] | What gentlemen says and what they thinks… | 他说的和想的… |
[17:01] | is two different things. | 不一样的 |
[17:03] | And I ain’t noticed Mist’ Ashley askin’ to marry you! | 我注意到 他才不想娶你 |
[17:22] | Now don’t eat too fast… | 不要吃太快… |
[17:24] | Ain’t no need of havin’ it come right back up again. | 待会儿会吐出来 |
[17:29] | Why does a girl have to be so silly to catch a husband? | 为什么找个丈夫这么麻烦 |
[17:32] | Scarlett, if you’re not here by the time I count ten… | 斯佳丽 如果我数到十你还不下来… |
[17:34] | we’ll be goin’ without you! | 我们就走了 |
[17:37] | I’m coming, Pa! | 我来了 爸 |
[17:38] | One… | 一… |
[17:40] | two, three… | 二 三… |
[17:42] | four, five, six… | 四 五 六… |
[17:45] | Oh, dear! | 亲爱的 |
[17:46] | My stays are so tight I know… | 我的胸衣好紧呀… |
[17:48] | I’ll never get through the day without belching. | 我一定会反胃的 |
[18:14] | Well, John Wilkes… | 约翰·威尔克斯… |
[18:16] | It’s a grand day you’ll be having for the barbecue. | 今天是个愉快的盛会 |
[18:18] | So it seems, Gerald. But why isn’t Mrs. O’Hara with you? | 是啊 乔瑞德 怎么奥哈拉夫人没来 |
[18:21] | She’s after settling accounts with the overseer. | 她在清算工头的帐目 |
[18:24] | But she’ll be along for the ball tonight. | 今晚她会来的 |
[18:25] | Welcome to Twelve Oaks, Mr. O’Hara. | 欢迎 奥哈拉先生 |
[18:27] | Thank you kindly, India. | 真心感谢你 尹蒂 |
[18:29] | Your daughter’s getting prettier every day, John. | 约翰 你的女儿越来越漂亮了 |
[18:33] | India, here are the O’Hara girls. We must greet them. | 尹蒂 奥家的女孩们来了 我们得去问候一下 |
[18:36] | I can’t stand Scarlett… | 那个斯佳丽… |
[18:37] | If you saw the way she throws herself at Ashley. | 看她勾引艾西利 |
[18:39] | Now, that’s your brother’s business. | 那是你哥哥的事情 |
[18:41] | You must remember your duties as hostess. | 不要忘了你是女主人 |
[18:44] | Good morning, girls. | 早上好 女孩们 |
[18:46] | Good morning, Scarlett. | 早上好 斯佳丽 |
[18:49] | Why, India Wilkes, what a lovely dress! | 尹蒂·威尔克斯 好漂亮的衣服呀 |
[18:51] | -Perfectly lovely, darling. -I just can’t take my eyes off it. | -我太喜欢了 -我真想再多看几眼 |
[18:57] | Scarlett, honey… | 斯佳丽 亲爱的… |
[18:58] | You’re looking mighty fine this morning. | 你看上去气色很好 |
[19:00] | -Good morning, Miss Scarlett. -Good morning. | -你好 斯佳丽 -你好 |
[19:03] | -It’s a pleasure to see you. -Good morning. | -很高兴见到你 -早上好 |
[19:05] | Howdy, Miss Scarlett. | 你好 斯佳丽 |
[19:08] | Ashley! | 艾西利 |
[19:11] | Scarlett, my dear. | 斯佳丽 我亲爱的 |
[19:14] | I’ve been looking for you everywhere. | 我到处在找你 |
[19:17] | I’ve got something I must tell you. | 我想和你说件事 |
[19:19] | Can’t we go some place where it’s quiet? | 我们可以到安静一点的地方吗 |
[19:21] | Yes, I’d like to, but I… | 可以… |
[19:23] | I have something to tell you too. | 我也有事告诉你 |
[19:25] | Something I hope you’ll be glad to hear. | 希望你听了会高兴 |
[19:28] | But come say hello to my cousin, Melanie, first. | 但先跟我的表妹梅勒妮打一下招呼 |
[19:31] | Oh, do we have to? | 一定要吗 |
[19:33] | She’s been looking forward to seeing you again. | 她一直想再见到你 |
[19:36] | Melanie! | 梅勒妮 |
[19:38] | Here’s Scarlett. | 这是斯佳丽 |
[19:40] | Scarlett! | 斯佳丽 |
[19:42] | I’m so glad to see you again. | 很高兴再见到你 |
[19:44] | Melanie Hamilton! What a surprise to run into you here. | 梅勒妮·汉密尔顿 真意外在这见到你 |
[19:47] | I hope you’ll stay with us a few days at least. | 希望你能跟我们住几天 |
[19:50] | I hope I shall stay long enough for us… | 我想要多待久一点… |
[19:51] | to become real friends, Scarlett. | 好成为知己 |
[19:53] | I do so want us to be. | 我们会是的 |
[19:55] | We’ll keep her here, won’t we, Scarlett? | 我们一定要她留下来 |
[19:57] | We’ll just have to make the biggest fuss over her, won’t we? | 我们一定要让她玩个痛快 |
[20:00] | If there’s anybody knows… | 能让一个女孩开心… |
[20:01] | how to give a girl a good time, it’s Ashley. | 那一定是艾西利 |
[20:03] | Though I expect our good times will seem… | 不过 你可能太拘束了… |
[20:04] | silly to you because you’re so serious. | 不会喜欢我们的玩笑的 |
[20:06] | Oh, Scarlett, you have so much life. | 斯佳丽 你真是精力旺盛 |
[20:09] | I’ve always admired you so. | 我一向很仰慕你 |
[20:10] | I wish I could be more like you. | 我希望我能和你一样 |
[20:12] | You mustn’t flatter me, Melanie… | 你可不要用假话恭维我… |
[20:13] | and say things you don’t mean. | 梅勒妮 |
[20:15] | Nobody could accuse Melanie of being insincere… | 梅勒妮从不作假… |
[20:16] | Could they, my dear? | 亲爱的 你不会的 |
[20:19] | Then she’s not like you, is she, Ashley? | 她跟你不一样 艾西利 |
[20:21] | Ashley never means a word he says to any girl. | 他对每个女孩都说假话 |
[20:24] | Oh, why, Charles Hamilton, you handsome old thing, you! | 查尔斯·汉密尔顿 你这英俊的家伙 |
[20:27] | But, oh, Miss O’Hara, I… | 但 奥哈拉小姐 我… |
[20:29] | Was it kind to bring your good-looking brother here… | 你有没有带你那英俊的弟弟… |
[20:31] | used to break my poor, simple, country-girl’s heart? | 来让我心碎呀 |
[20:34] | She never even noticed Charles before. | 她以前没注意查尔斯 |
[20:36] | Because he’s your beau, she’s after him like a hornet. | 他是你的情人 她想要追你的情人 |
[20:39] | Charles Hamilton, I want to eat barbecue with you. | 查尔斯·汉密尔顿 我要跟你一起吃饭 |
[20:41] | Mind you, don’t go philandering with any other girl… | 你可不能勾引… |
[20:43] | ’cause I’m mighty jealous. | 其他女孩的 |
[20:45] | I won’t, Miss O’Hara! | 我不会的 奥哈拉小姐 |
[20:47] | I couldn’t! | 我不会! |
[20:49] | I do declare, Frank Kennedy, if you don’t look dashing… | 我敢断言 弗兰克·肯尼迪… |
[20:52] | with that new set of whiskers! | 你的胡须很迷人! |
[20:53] | Oh, thank you, Miss Scarlett. | 谢谢你 斯佳丽小姐 |
[20:56] | Charles and Rafe asked me to eat barbecue with them… | 查尔斯要我和他进餐… |
[20:59] | but I told them I couldn’t because I promised you. | 但我说不行 因我答应你了 |
[21:01] | You needn’t be so amused. Look at her… | 你别高兴 你看… |
[21:03] | She’s after your beau now! | 她在追你的情人 |
[21:05] | Oh, that’s mighty flattering of you, Miss Scarlett. | 你真漂亮 斯佳丽小姐 |
[21:09] | I’ll see what I can do, Miss Scarlett. | 我会再看你的 斯佳丽 |
[21:11] | What’s your sister so mad about? You sparkin’ her beau? | 你的妹妹好像很生气 你抢了她的情人 |
[21:14] | As if I couldn’t get a better beau than that old maid in britches. | 胡说 那个穿马裤的老处女 |
[21:17] | Brent and Stuart Tarleton… | 布伦特和斯图尔特·泰尔顿… |
[21:18] | you handsome old things, you! No, you’re not! | 你们这两位英俊的家伙 |
[21:20] | I won’t say that. I’m mad at you! | 以前的事 不 我很生气 |
[21:22] | What have we done? | 我们怎么了 |
[21:23] | You haven’t been near me all day. I wore this old dress… | 你们从来没有陪我 我穿这件旧衣服… |
[21:25] | ’cause I thought you liked it. | 以为你们会喜欢 |
[21:27] | I was counting on eating barbecue with you two. | 而你们却不跟我吃饭 |
[21:29] | -Well, you are, Scarlett. -Of course, you are. | -我们会的 斯佳丽 -当然 你会的 |
[21:31] | Oh, I never can make up my mind… | 我无法决定… |
[21:33] | which of you two is the handsomer. | 你们哪一位比较帅 |
[21:36] | I was awake all last night trying to figure it out. | 我整晚都没睡 想这件事 |
[21:43] | Cathleen, who’s that? | 凯瑟琳 那位是谁 |
[21:45] | Who? | 谁 |
[21:46] | That man looking at us and smiling. | 那个一直在笑着看我们的人 |
[21:49] | The nasty, dark one. | 那个讨厌无知的家伙 |
[21:50] | My dear, don’t you know? That’s Rhett Butler… | 你不知道 他是瑞德·巴特勒… |
[21:52] | He’s from Charleston. | 来自查尔斯顿 |
[21:54] | He has the most terrible reputation. | 他的声誉坏透了 |
[22:01] | He looks as if, as if… | 他一直看着人家… |
[22:03] | he knows what I look like without my shimmy! | 好像他知道你没穿内衣的样子 |
[22:06] | Why, my dear, he isn’t received! | 他离开南部 |
[22:08] | He spends a lot of time up North… | 搬到北部去了… |
[22:10] | because his folks in Charleston won’t even speak to him. | 因为查尔斯顿的家人都不认他了 |
[22:12] | He was expelled from West Point, he’s so fast. | 他被西点军校被开除 |
[22:15] | And then there’s that business… | 而且有一个… |
[22:16] | about that girl he wouldn’t marry. | 他不愿娶女孩的事… |
[22:18] | Tell, tell! | 说吧 说吧 |
[22:19] | Well, he took her out buggy riding… | 他带她独自一人… |
[22:22] | in the late afternoon without a chaperon! | 乘马车兜风 |
[22:24] | And then he refused to marry her! | 而后 他拒绝娶她 |
[22:30] | No, but she was ruined just the same. | 不 结果她被毁了 |
[22:39] | Ashley! | 艾西利! |
[22:40] | Happy? | 高兴吗 |
[22:41] | So happy! | 非常高兴! |
[22:44] | You seem to belong here… | 你会是这里的一份子… |
[22:47] | as if it had all been imagined for you. | 好像这里是为你创造的 |
[22:51] | I like to feel that I belong to the things you love. | 我喜欢你所喜爱的任何东西 |
[22:53] | You love Twelve Oaks as I do? | 你跟我一样喜欢十二橡园吗 |
[22:55] | Yes, Ashley. | 是的 艾西利 |
[22:56] | I love it as… | 我非常喜欢… |
[22:58] | as more than a house. | 比家里更喜欢 |
[23:00] | It’s a whole world that wants only to be graceful and beautiful. | 那简直是个完整的世界 优雅而且美丽 |
[23:04] | It’s so unaware that it may not last… | 真不知道是否会持久… |
[23:07] | forever. | 永远的不变呢 |
[23:08] | You’re afraid of what may happen… | 你怕战争爆发… |
[23:10] | if the war comes, aren’t you? | 会发生变化 |
[23:12] | But we don’t have to be afraid for us. | 但我们没有必要为我们担心呀 |
[23:15] | No war can come into our world, Ashley. | 任何战争是进不了我们世界的 艾西利 |
[23:19] | Whatever comes… | 不管发生任何事… |
[23:21] | l’ll love you, just as I do now… | 我会爱你 就跟现在我爱你一样… |
[23:24] | until I die. | 一直到死去 |
[23:30] | Isn’t this better than sitting at a table? | 这不比一张桌子好吗 |
[23:32] | A girl hasn’t got but two sides to her at a table. | 在那里我只有两边 |
[23:36] | I’ll go get her dessert. | 我去帮他拿点心 |
[23:37] | -Here, she said me. -Allow me, Miss O’Hara. | -她已经跟我说了 -允许我 奥哈拉小姐 |
[23:42] | I think… | 我想… |
[23:46] | I think Charles Hamilton may get it. | 我想查尔斯·汉密尔顿可以去拿 |
[23:51] | Oh, thank you, Miss O’Hara! | 谢谢你 奥哈拉小姐 |
[23:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[23:54] | Go get it. | 去拿吧 |
[23:56] | Isn’t he the luckiest…? | 让我爱你 |
[24:05] | Miss O’Hara… | 奥哈拉小姐… |
[24:08] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[24:10] | I don’t guess I’m as hungry as I thought. | 我并没想像那么饿 |
[24:16] | Why do I have to take a nap? I’m not tired. | 我为何一定要午睡 我不累 |
[24:19] | Well-brought-up young ladies take naps at parties. | 有教养的女孩在派对中都要午睡 |
[24:21] | And it’s high time you started behavin’ and… | 这正是你表现… |
[24:23] | actin’ like you was Miss Ellen’s daughter. | 埃伦女儿的时机 |
[24:25] | When we were at Saratoga I… | 在萨拉托加的时候… |
[24:27] | didn’t notice any Yankee girls taking naps. | 我没看到过北佬女孩午睡的 |
[24:29] | No, and you ain’t gonna see… | 那你今晚… |
[24:31] | no Yankee girls at the ball tonight neither. | 也没见到北佬女孩 |
[24:33] | How was Ashley today, Scarlett? | 艾西利好吗 斯佳丽 |
[24:35] | He didn’t seem to be paying much attention to you. | 他好像不理你 |
[24:37] | You mind your own business! | 你少管闲事 |
[24:39] | You’ll be lucky not to lose ol’ whisker-face Kennedy. | 我想你失去你那有胡须的肯尼迪 |
[24:42] | You’ve liked Ashley for months! | 你喜欢艾西利好几个月了 |
[24:43] | His engagement’s gonna be announced tonight… | 但他们今晚就要… |
[24:44] | Pa said so this morning. | 宣布他的订婚 |
[24:45] | That’s all you know. | 那就是你所知的 |
[24:48] | Miss Scarlett! Miss Suellen! You all behave yourselves. | 斯佳丽 苏安琳 要守规矩点 |
[24:51] | Actin’ like poor, white-trash children! | 不要跟下流的白人一样 |
[24:52] | If you’s old enough to go to parties… | 你们应该表现得… |
[24:54] | you’s old enough to act like ladies. | 像一个淑女 |
[24:55] | Who cares! | 谁在乎啊 |
[25:48] | We’ve borne enough insults from the meddling Yankees. | 我受够了北佬的污辱 |
[25:50] | It’s time we made them understand we’ll keep our slaves… | 我们还是要保有奴隶… |
[25:53] | with or without their approval. | 不管他们同意或不同意 |
[25:55] | ‘Twas the sovereign right of the state of Georgia… | 使乔治亚州脱离出来… |
[25:56] | to secede from the Union! | 获得统治权 |
[25:58] | That’s right! | 对 |
[25:59] | The South must assert herself by force of arms. | 南方必须用它的军队宣言 |
[26:02] | After we’ve fired on the Yankee rascals at Fort Sumter… | 在我们向北佬宣战后… |
[26:04] | we’ve got to fight! | 我们必须反击 |
[26:06] | -There’s no other way! -Fight! That’s right. Fight! | -其他没有出路 -反击 只有反击 |
[26:08] | Let the Yankees ask for peace! | 让我们和北佬谈和 |
[26:10] | The situation is very simple. | 道理很简单… |
[26:12] | The Yankees can’t fight and we can. | 北佬不能打 而我们能 |
[26:15] | There won’t even be a battle. | 他们不能战斗 |
[26:17] | They’ll just turn and run every time. | 他们只会调头逃跑 |
[26:18] | One Southerner can lick 20 Yankees. | 一个南方士兵能打20个北佬 |
[26:20] | We’ll finish them in one battle. | 一仗把他们击败 |
[26:22] | Gentlemen can always fight better than rabble. | 绅士总能击败乌合之众的 |
[26:24] | Yes, gentlemen always can fight better than rabble. | 是的 说的很对 |
[26:27] | What does the captain of our troop say? | 我们部队的上尉认为如何 |
[26:29] | Well, gentlemen, if Georgia fights I go with her. | 如果南方反击 我就去 |
[26:33] | But, like my father, I hope that the Yankees… | 但我希望北方… |
[26:35] | will let us leave the Union in peace. | 不要逼我们打仗 |
[26:36] | -But, Ashley… -But, Ashley, they’ve insulted us! | -但是 艾西利… -艾西利 他们在侮辱我们 |
[26:38] | You can’t mean you don’t want war! | 你是不想上战场 |
[26:40] | Most of the miseries of the world were caused by wars. | 世界大部分不幸都是战争造成的 |
[26:44] | And when the wars were over… | 战争结束后… |
[26:46] | no one ever knew what they were about. | 没人知道为何要打仗 |
[26:48] | If it wasn’t that I knew you… | 这不是我认识的你… |
[26:49] | Now, gentlemen, Mr. Butler’s been up North, I hear. | 大家静一静 巴特勒去过北方 |
[26:54] | Don’t you agree with us, Mr. Butler? | 你认为如何 巴特勒先生 |
[26:56] | I think it’s hard winning a war with words, gentlemen. | 我认为战争不是依空口取胜的 |
[26:59] | What do you mean, sir? | 你是指什么 |
[27:00] | There’s not a cannon factory in the whole South. | 南方没有任何大炮制造厂 |
[27:03] | What difference does that make to a gentleman? | 这有什么关系 |
[27:05] | Lt’ll make a great deal of difference… | 这对大批士兵来说… |
[27:07] | to a great many gentlemen, sir. | 关系重大 |
[27:09] | Are you hinting, Mr. Butler, that the Yankees can lick us? | 巴特勒先生 你是暗示北方能击败我们吗 |
[27:12] | No, I’m not hinting. | 不 不是在暗示 |
[27:13] | I’m saying very plainly that the Yankees… | 我是说他们… |
[27:14] | are better equipped than we. | 装备比我们好 |
[27:16] | They’ve got factories, shipyards, coal mines… | 他们有工厂 造船厂以及煤矿… |
[27:19] | and a fleet to bottle up our harbors and starve us to death. | 能封锁我们的港口 将我们饿死 |
[27:21] | All we’ve got is cotton and slaves and arrogance. | 而我们只有棉花 奴隶及自大 |
[27:24] | That’s Yankee treachery! | 那是北佬的叛徒 |
[27:26] | Sir, I refuse to listen to any renegade talk! | 我拒绝听叛徒的言论 |
[27:28] | I’m sorry if the truth offends you. | 对不起 如果真言冒犯各位的话 |
[27:30] | Apologies aren’t enough, sir! | 道歉还不够 |
[27:32] | I hear you were turned out of West Point, Mr.Rhett Butler… | 我听说 你被西点军校赶出来 巴特勒先生… |
[27:35] | and you aren’t received by any decent family… | 而且在你家乡–查尔斯顿… |
[27:37] | in Charleston, not even your own! | 即便你的家族也不接受你 |
[27:44] | I apologize again for all my shortcomings. | 我为我的错再道歉一次 |
[27:49] | Perhaps you won’t mind if I walk about… | 如果你不介意 我要出去走走… |
[27:50] | and look over your place. | 看看你的地方 |
[27:51] | I seem to be spoiling everybody’s brandy and cigars and… | 我破坏了大家的饮酒 抽烟… |
[27:55] | dreams of victory. | 和胜利的美梦 |
[28:04] | That’s just about what you could expect… | 那就是你期望的… |
[28:05] | from somebody like Rhett Butler. | 像巴特勒所说的 |
[28:07] | You did everything but call him out. | 你可以做任何事 除了让我走 |
[28:09] | He refused to fight. | 他胆小不敢决斗 |
[28:10] | Not quite that, Charles. He refused to take advantage of you. | 不 查尔斯 他不想占你便宜 |
[28:13] | Take advantage of me? | 占我便宜 |
[28:15] | He’s one of the best shots in the country… | 他是国内最好射手之一… |
[28:16] | as he’s proved a number of times… | 可以证明他… |
[28:18] | against steadier hands and cooler heads than yours. | 远比你好 |
[28:20] | -I’ll show him! -No, please. | -我要和他比试 -不要这样 |
[28:21] | Don’t go tweaking his nose anymore. | 可不要挑逗他了 |
[28:24] | You may be needed for more important fighting, Charles. | 我们可需要你打重要的战呢 |
[28:27] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, Mr.Butler is our guest. | 对不起 巴特勒先生是客人 |
[28:30] | I think I’ll just show him around. | 我得陪他走走 |
[28:45] | Ashley! | 艾西利 |
[28:53] | Ashley! | 艾西利 |
[28:55] | Scarlett. | 斯佳丽 |
[28:58] | Who’re you hiding from in here? | 你在躲避谁呀 |
[29:05] | What are you up to? | 你在干什么 |
[29:09] | Well, why aren’t you upstairs resting with the other girls? | 你为什么不在楼上休息 |
[29:13] | What is this, Scarlett? A secret? | 怎么了 斯佳丽 一个秘密 |
[29:16] | Oh, Ashley, Ashley… | 艾西利 艾西利… |
[29:19] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[29:20] | Scarlett! | 斯佳丽 |
[29:21] | I love you, I do! | 我太爱你了 |
[29:25] | Well, isn’t it enough that you’ve gathered… | 你今天打动了… |
[29:27] | every other man’s heart today? | 所有在场男人的心 |
[29:29] | You’ve always had mine. You cut your teeth on it. | 你总是那么有魅力 有手段 |
[29:31] | Oh, don’t tease me now. | 不要这样取笑我 |
[29:33] | Have I your heart, my darling? I love you, I love you. | 我只有你 亲爱的 我爱你 我爱你 |
[29:36] | You mustn’t say such things. You’ll hate me for hearing them. | 你不要这样说 你会恨我的 |
[29:40] | Oh, I could never hate you… | 我永远不会恨你… |
[29:42] | and I know you must care about me. | 我知道你在乎我 |
[29:44] | Oh, you do care, don’t you? | 你真的在乎 是吗 |
[29:48] | Yes… | 是的… |
[29:50] | I care. | 在乎 |
[29:52] | Oh, can’t we go away and forget we ever said these things? | 难道你忘了我们说的话吗 |
[29:56] | But how can we do that? | 我们怎么能那样呢 |
[29:58] | Don’t you want to marry me? | 你不想娶我吗 |
[30:01] | I’m going to marry Melanie. | 我就要和梅勒妮结婚了 |
[30:03] | But you can’t. Not if you care for me. | 但是你不能 你如果在乎我的话 |
[30:05] | Oh, my dear, why must you… | 亲爱的 你为什么… |
[30:07] | make me say things that will hurt you? | 要我伤你的心呢 |
[30:09] | How can I make you understand? | 我如何才能使你了解呢 |
[30:12] | You’re so young and unthinking. | 你太年轻而且单纯 |
[30:14] | You don’t know what marriage means. | 你不了解结婚的意义 |
[30:15] | I know I love you, and I want to be your wife. | 我知道我爱你 我想嫁给你 |
[30:18] | You don’t love Melanie. | 你不爱梅勒妮的 |
[30:19] | She’s like me, Scarlett. | 她就像是我 |
[30:21] | She’s part of my blood and… | 是我血液的一部分… |
[30:23] | we understand each other. | 而且我们彼此了解 |
[30:24] | But you love me. | 但你是爱我的 |
[30:26] | How could I help loving you? | 我怎能爱你呢 |
[30:29] | You have all the passion for life that I lack. | 你有我缺少的生命的热情 |
[30:31] | That kind of love isn’t enough for a successful marriage… | 但那种爱对于的我们 是完全不同的… |
[30:34] | for two people as different as we are. | 是不够的 |
[30:36] | Well, why don’t you say it, you coward… | 你为什么那么说… |
[30:37] | You’re afraid to marry me. | 你个胆小鬼 你怕娶我 |
[30:39] | You’d rather live with that fool who can’t speak except… | 你宁愿要那小傻瓜 |
[30:41] | to say “yes” and “no” and raise a passel of… | 她将为你生一些… |
[30:43] | mealy-mouthed brats just like her. | 油腔滑调的讨厌鬼 |
[30:45] | You mustn’t say such things about Melanie. | 你没必要那样说梅勒妮 |
[30:47] | Who are you to tell me I mustn’t? | 谁说我不能那样讲 |
[30:48] | You led me on, you made me believe you wanted to marry me. | 而你引诱我 使我相信你要娶我 |
[30:51] | Now, Scarlett, be fair. I never, at any time… | 斯佳丽 说话要公平 我从来没有… |
[30:54] | You did, it’s true you did! I’ll hate you till I die! | 你是这样的 的确是的 我会恨你一辈子的 |
[30:58] | I can’t think of anything bad enough to call you. | 我想你没有比这更坏的 |
[31:28] | Has the war started? | 战争开始了吗 |
[31:30] | Sir, you should have made your presence known. | 先生 你该让人家知道你在 |
[31:34] | In the middle of that beautiful love scene? | 去破坏那么美好的爱情场面吗 |
[31:36] | That wouldn’t have been very tactful, would it? | 那就不够明智了 |
[31:39] | But don’t worry, your secret is safe with me. | 但别担心 我会保守你的秘密的 |
[31:42] | Sir, you are no gentleman! | 先生 你不是绅士 |
[31:43] | And you, Miss, are no lady. | 而你也不是淑女 |
[31:46] | Don’t think I hold that against you. | 但我不在意那个 |
[31:48] | Ladies have never held any charm for me. | 淑女我是没兴趣的 |
[31:49] | First you take a low, common advantage of me… | 你真下流 粗俗… |
[31:51] | then you insult me. | 你在侮辱我 |
[31:53] | I meant it as a compliment and I hope to see more of you… | 我那么说是一种恭维 我希望再见到你… |
[31:56] | when you’re free of the spell of the elegant Mr.Wilkes. | 当你忘了高雅的威尔克斯先生时 |
[31:59] | He doesn’t strike me as half good enough… | 他似乎配不上像你这样的一位… |
[32:01] | for a girl of your, what was it? | 刚才你说什么 |
[32:04] | Your “passion for living.” | 你那生命的热情吗 |
[32:05] | How dare you! You aren’t fit to wipe his boots. | 你给他擦靴子都不配 |
[32:09] | And you were going to hate him for the rest of your life. | 而你却一辈子要恨他 |
[32:14] | She certainly made a fool of herself running… | 她真是每个在此宴会… |
[32:17] | after all the men at the barbecue. | 的男人都追 |
[32:19] | That’s not fair, India. | 那样说是不对的 尹蒂 |
[32:20] | She’s so attractive, the men just naturally flock to her. | 她太迷人 男孩子自然会爱上她 |
[32:23] | Oh, Melanie, you’re just too good to be true. | 梅勒妮 不要再为她说话了 |
[32:26] | Didn’t you see her going after your brother, Charles? | 她不是追过你弟弟吗 |
[32:28] | Yes, and she knows Charles belongs to me. | 而她知道查尔斯是我的 |
[32:30] | Oh, you’re wrong, India. | 你错了 尹蒂 |
[32:31] | Scarlett’s just high-spirited and vivacious. | 她只是精力充足活泼罢了 |
[32:35] | Men may flirt with girls like that but they don’t marry them. | 男人才不要娶那种女孩子 |
[32:38] | I think you’re being very mean to her. | 我想你们对她都有偏见 |
[32:49] | War! War’s declared! War! | 战争 战争爆发了 |
[33:03] | Miss O’Hara! | 奥哈拉小姐 |
[33:07] | Miss O’Hara! | 奥哈拉 |
[33:09] | Mr.Lincoln has called for soldiers, volunteers… | 林肯召集志愿兵… |
[33:10] | to fight against us. | 来打我们 |
[33:12] | Don’t you men ever think of anything important? | 你们男人不会想点其他重要事吗 |
[33:15] | But it’s war and everybody’s going off to enlist. | 但每个人都入伍 |
[33:17] | They’re going right away.I’m going too. | 他们立刻就去 我也要去 |
[33:19] | Everybody? | 每个人吗 |
[33:24] | Oh, Miss O’Hara, will you be sorry? | 奥哈拉小姐 你会难过吗 |
[33:27] | To see us go, I mean. | 我也要去 你会失望吗 |
[33:29] | I’ll cry into my pillow every night. | 我每晚都会流泪的 |
[33:31] | Miss O’Hara, I told you I loved you. | 奥哈拉 我太爱你了 |
[33:34] | You’re the most beautiful girl in the world, and the sweetest… | 你是最美最甜… |
[33:36] | and the dearest. | 的女孩 |
[33:38] | I’m so clumsy and stupid and not nearly good enough for you. | 我知道你不会爱我 |
[33:41] | But if you could think of marrying me… | 我很笨… |
[33:42] | I’d do anything in the world for you. | 配不上你 |
[33:44] | But if you could think of marrying me… | 但如果你能考虑嫁给我 |
[33:46] | I’d do anything in the world for you. | 我愿为你做任何事 |
[33:48] | Just anything.I promise. | 任何事 我发誓 |
[33:50] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[33:52] | Miss O’Hara, I said, would you marry me? | 奥哈拉小姐 我说 你愿嫁给我吗 |
[34:00] | Yes, Mr.Hamilton, I will. | 是的 汉密尔顿先生 我愿意 |
[34:03] | You will? You’ll marry me. You’ll wait for me? | 你愿意 你愿等我吗 |
[34:06] | I don’t think I’d want to wait. | 我才不想等呢 |
[34:07] | You mean you’ll marry me before I go? | 你愿在我走前嫁给我吗 |
[34:10] | Oh, Miss O’Hara. | 奥哈拉 |
[34:12] | Scarlett… | 斯佳丽… |
[34:15] | When may I speak to your father? | 我可以告诉你父亲吗 |
[34:17] | The sooner the better. | 越快越好 |
[34:18] | I’ll go now.I can’t wait. | 我现在就去告诉他 |
[34:20] | Will you excuse me, dear? | 请失陪一下 亲爱的 |
[34:27] | Mr.O’Hara, Mr.O’Hara. | 奥哈拉先生 奥哈拉先生 |
[34:29] | It’ll be a week at least before they call on me. | 他们一星期内不会征召我 |
[34:31] | Only a week, and then they’ll take you away from me. | 只有一星期 然后我就失去你了 |
[35:06] | Scarlett, I thought of you at our wedding yesterday… | 斯佳丽 我在我的婚礼时想到你… |
[35:09] | and I hoped that yours would be as beautiful, and it was. | 我希望你们的婚姻会很美满的 |
[35:13] | Was it? | 是吗 |
[35:14] | Now we’re really and truly sisters. | 现在我们是真的姐妹了 |
[35:17] | -Charles. -Melanie. | -查尔斯 -梅勒妮 |
[35:26] | Don’t cry, darling, the war will be over in a few weeks… | 别哭亲爱的 战争很快就过去… |
[35:29] | and I’ll be coming back to you. | 我很快就会回来 |
[36:16] | Miss Scarlett! | 斯佳丽小姐 |
[36:18] | Well, I don’t care. I’m too young to be a widow. | 我不在乎 我太年轻去做寡妇 |
[36:22] | Miss Scarlett! | 斯佳丽小姐 |
[36:25] | Why, I just go around scaring people in that thing. | 我穿那件衣服会吓跑人的 |
[36:28] | You ain’t supposed to be around people. You’s in mournin’. | 你不该和别人交往 你在服孝中 |
[36:31] | For what? I don’t feel anything. | 为什么 我才没有感觉呢 |
[36:34] | Why should I have to pretend and pretend… | 我为什么要假装又假装呢… |
[36:37] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[36:40] | Oh, baby… | 孩子… |
[36:43] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[36:44] | My life is over. | 我的一生完了 |
[36:46] | Nothing will ever happen to me anymore. | 我再也没有希望了 |
[36:51] | Oh, Mother. | 妈妈 |
[36:53] | I know you’ll think I’m horrible… | 你会认为我很可怕… |
[36:55] | but I just can’t bear going around in black. | 但我受不了这黑色孝服了 |
[36:58] | It’s bad enough not being able to go to any parties… | 不去参加舞会就够糟了… |
[37:00] | but looking this way too. | 而且还要穿得这样 |
[37:02] | I don’t think you’re at all horrible. | 你才不可怕 |
[37:04] | It’s only natural to want to… | 当然你想… |
[37:06] | look young and be young when you are young. | 看起来还年轻 |
[37:08] | Oh, baby… | 孩子… |
[37:11] | How would you like to go visiting somewhere? | 你想去游览吗 |
[37:13] | Savannah perhaps? | 到沙瓦那草原 |
[37:15] | What would I do in Savannah? | 我到沙瓦那做什么呢 |
[37:17] | Well, Atlanta then. | 那么去亚特兰大吧 |
[37:19] | There’s lots going on there. | 那里有很多好玩地方 |
[37:21] | And you could stay with Melanie and her Aunt Pittypat. | 而你可以和梅勒妮 跟她姑妈琵蒂住在一起 |
[37:25] | Melanie. | 梅勒妮 |
[37:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[37:28] | Yes, I could, couldn’t I? | 好的 我能去的 |
[37:30] | Oh, Mother, you’re sweet to me… | 妈妈你对我真好… |
[37:31] | sweeter than anybody in the world. | 世界上最好的 |
[37:33] | You’d like it, really? | 你喜欢吗 |
[37:35] | All right then. Now stop your crying and smile. | 好吧 那就不要哭了 笑个吧 |
[37:39] | You can take Prissy with you. | 你可以带普丽赛一起去 |
[37:42] | Start packing Miss Scarlett’s things, Mammy. | 保姆 帮斯佳丽小姐整理行李 |
[37:44] | I’ll go write the necessary letters. | 我去写几封信 |
[37:49] | Atlanta! | 亚特兰大 |
[37:51] | Savannah would be better for you… | 沙瓦那会比较好… |
[37:52] | You’d just get in trouble in Atlanta. | 你在亚特兰大会惹麻烦的 |
[37:54] | What trouble are you talking about? | 你说的是什么麻烦 |
[37:56] | You know what trouble I’s talkin’ about… | 你知道我的意思… |
[37:57] | I’s talkin’ about Mist’ Ashley Wilkes. | 我说的是艾西利·威尔克斯 |
[37:59] | He’ll be comin’ to Atlanta when he gets his leave… | 他会在休假时到亚特兰大… |
[38:01] | and you’re sittin’ there waitin’ for him just like a spider! | 而你会像一只蜘蛛似的等着他 |
[38:04] | He belongs to Miss Melanie… | 他属于梅勒妮小姐… |
[38:05] | You go pack my things like Mother said. | 你给我整理东西吧 |
[38:29] | They’re all whispering, and I just know it’s about her. | 他们在交头接耳 在说她 |
[38:32] | What’s it matter what they say, Aunt Pittypat? | 他们说什么有什么关系呢 琵蒂姑妈 |
[38:33] | But Scarlett is living under my roof… | 斯佳丽可要住在我家… |
[38:36] | so they all think I’m responsible for her… | 我要为她负责的… |
[38:38] | and for a widow to appear in public at a social gathering! | 一个寡妇出现在热烈的集会上 |
[38:42] | Every time I think of it I feel faint! | 每次想到这 我就无力 |
[38:45] | Aunt Pitty, you know Scarlett came here… | 但你知道她来主要是… |
[38:47] | Aunt Pitty, you know Scarlett came here . | 为了南方保卫战帮忙义卖的 |
[38:49] | It was splendid of her to make the sacrifice. | 她的献身是多么伟大 |
[38:53] | Anyone would think, to hear you talk… | 人家会这么想… |
[38:54] | that she came here to dance instead of to sell things. | 她是来跳舞的 而不是来帮忙的 |
[39:10] | Ladies and gentlemen! | 女士们 先生们 |
[39:12] | I have important news! Glorious news! | 我有重要消息 令人愉快的消息 |
[39:15] | Another triumph for our magnificent men in arms. | 我们伟大的士兵们又一次打胜仗了 |
[39:18] | General Lee has completely whipped the enemy. | 李将军完全击败敌军 |
[39:22] | And swept the Yankee Army northward from Virginia. | 把北佬从维吉尼亚赶出去 |
[39:35] | And now, a happy surprise for all of us. | 现在告诉各位一个好消息 |
[39:39] | We have with us tonight… | 今晚有一位… |
[39:41] | that most daring of all blockade-runners… | 最勇敢的封锁闯越者… |
[39:43] | whose fleet schooners, slipping past the Yankee guns… | 将来到我们这里 他那善于藏避的船只… |
[39:47] | have brought us here the… | 带来了我们… |
[39:49] | very woolens and laces we wear tonight. | 所需的衣物 |
[39:51] | I refer, ladies and gentlemen… | 我所说的是… |
[39:53] | to that will-o’-the-wisp of the bounding main. | 英勇无比的 |
[39:55] | None other than our friend from Charleston… | 来自查尔斯顿的朋友… |
[39:58] | Captain Rhett Butler! | 瑞德·巴特勒船长 |
[40:20] | Permit me. | 让我来 |
[40:26] | Captain Butler, it’s such a pleasure to see you again. | 巴特勒船长 真荣幸再见到你 |
[40:30] | I met you last at my husband’s home. | 我在我先生家里见过你 |
[40:32] | That’s kind of you to remember, Mrs.Wilkes. | 你记性真好 威尔克斯小姐 |
[40:35] | Did you meet Captain Butler at Twelve Oaks, Scarlett? | 你在十二橡园见过船长吗 斯佳丽 |
[40:37] | Yes. I, I think so. | 我想见过吧 |
[40:40] | Only for a moment, Mrs.Hamilton. It was in the library. | 只见过一面 汉密尔顿太太 |
[40:42] | You had broken something. | 你…会打破东西 |
[40:45] | Yes, Captain Butler, I remember you. | 是的 巴特勒船长 我记得你 |
[40:48] | Ladies, the Confederacy asks for your jewelry… | 女士们 南方请求你们… |
[40:50] | on behalf of our noble cause. | 拿出珠宝 |
[40:52] | We aren’t wearing any. We’re in mourning. | 我们身上没带呀 我们在服孝 |
[40:54] | Wait. | 等等 |
[40:56] | On behalf of Mrs.Wilkes and Mrs.Hamilton. | 这是代表威尔克斯太太 和汉密尔顿太太 |
[41:00] | Thank you, Captain Butler. | 谢谢 巴特勒船长 |
[41:01] | Just a moment, please. | 就一会 |
[41:06] | But it’s your wedding ring, ma’am. | 但那是你的结婚戒指呀 |
[41:08] | It may help my husband more, off my finger. | 它更有助于我的丈夫 |
[41:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:16] | That’s a very beautiful thing to do, Mrs.Wilkes. | 那是有意义的举动 威尔克斯太太 |
[41:19] | Here. | 还有 |
[41:20] | You can have mine, too, for the cause. | 我的也拿去 为了南方 |
[41:25] | And you, Mrs.Hamilton… | 而你 汉密尔顿太太… |
[41:27] | I know just how much that means to you. | 我知道那对你的意义 |
[41:28] | -Melanie! -Yes, Dr.Meade. | -梅勒妮 -是的 米笛大夫 |
[41:30] | I need your approval, as a member of the Committee… | 我需要征求你的同意作为委员… |
[41:32] | for something we want to do that’s rather shocking. | 为一件很吃惊的事 |
[41:36] | Will you excuse us, please? | 失陪了 |
[41:39] | I’ll say one thing, the war makes the most peculiar widows. | 我明白战争制造出最特别的寡妇 |
[41:43] | I wish you’d go away. | 我希望你能走开 |
[41:45] | If you had any raising you’d know… | 你该知道… |
[41:46] | I never want to see you again. | 我恨你的 |
[41:51] | Now, why be silly? | 何必那么傻呢 |
[41:52] | You’ve no reason for hating me… | 你不该恨我 … |
[41:54] | I’ll carry your guilty secret to my grave. | 我会把你罪恶秘密一起带去坟里 |
[41:58] | I guess I’d be very unpatriotic to hate… | 我想 我讨厌你这位战争中的英雄… |
[42:00] | one of the great heroes of the war. | 是件不爱国的行为 |
[42:02] | I do declare I was surprised to see you… | 但我要申明 我非常惊奇… |
[42:04] | turn out to be such a noble character. | 发现你原来是如此的高尚 |
[42:06] | I can’t bear to take advantage of… | 我必须提醒你… |
[42:08] | your little girl ideas, Miss O’Hara. | 奥哈拉小姐 |
[42:09] | I’m neither noble nor heroic. | 我既不高尚也不是英雄 |
[42:12] | But you are a blockade-runner. | 但你突破封锁 |
[42:13] | For profit, and profit only. | 我只是为利益而航行 |
[42:16] | Are you telling me you don’t believe in the cause? | 你不赞同南方吗 |
[42:18] | I believe in Rhett Butler. He’s the only cause I know. | 我赞同瑞德·巴特勒 他是我唯一信奉的原因 |
[42:20] | The rest doesn’t mean much to me. | 其他的对我没有意义 |
[42:25] | And now, ladies and gentlemen… | 各位先生 女士… |
[42:27] | …I have a startling surprise for the benefit of the hospital. | …现宣布为医院基金募款的好消息 |
[42:32] | Gentlemen, if you wish to… | 先生们 如果… |
[42:34] | lead the opening reel with the lady of your choice… | 要带你的女士跳舞… |
[42:36] | you must bid for her. | 那就必须为她竞价 |
[42:40] | Caroline Meade, how can you permit… | 卡罗琳 你怎么会… |
[42:41] | your husband to conduct this… | 准你先生做出这种… |
[42:43] | this slave auction? | 奴隶的拍卖办法呢 |
[42:45] | Dolly Merriwether, how dare you criticize me! | 多利·马利维特 你竟敢批评我 |
[42:48] | Melanie Wilkes told the doctor… | 梅勒妮告诉医生… |
[42:49] | that if it’s for the benefit of the cause, it’s quite all right. | 如果是为了南方 那就没有关系 |
[42:52] | She did! | 她接受了 |
[42:54] | Oh dear, oh dear. Where are my smelling salts? | 亲爱的 我的醒脑剂呢 |
[42:57] | I think I shall faint. | 我快昏倒了 |
[42:58] | Don’t you dare faint, Pittypat Hamilton. | 你敢昏倒 琵蒂·汉密尔顿 |
[43:01] | If Melanie says it’s all right, it is all right. | 如果梅勒妮说可以就可以了 |
[43:05] | Come, gentlemen, do I hear your bids? Make your offers. | 各位先生 出价吧 |
[43:08] | Don’t be bashful, gentlemen. | 先生们 别害羞 |
[43:11] | Twenty dollars, $20 for Miss Maybelle Merriwether. | 二十元 二十元为玛小姐 |
[43:15] | Twenty-five dollars for Miss Fanny Elsing. | 二十五元为爱尔馨小姐 |
[43:17] | Only $25 to give your… | 二十五元给你… |
[43:20] | One hundred and fifty dollars in gold. | 一百五十元金币 |
[43:22] | For what lady, sir? | 要哪个女士 先生 |
[43:23] | For Mrs.Charles Hamilton. | 要查尔斯·汉密尔顿太太 |
[43:28] | For whom, sir? | 要谁 |
[43:30] | Mrs.Charles Hamilton. | 查尔斯·汉密尔顿太太 |
[43:31] | Mrs.Hamilton is in mourning, Captain Butler… | 巴特勒船长 汉密尔顿太太在服孝中… |
[43:34] | but I’m sure any of our Atlanta belles would be proud to… | 但我想我们任何亚特兰大的美人… |
[43:36] | Dr.Meade, I said Mrs.Charles Hamilton. | 米笛大夫 我和汉密尔顿太太说过 |
[43:41] | She will not consider it, sir. | 她不会愿意的 |
[43:43] | Oh yes, I will. | 我愿意的 |
[43:57] | Choose your partners for the Virginia reel. | 为维吉尼亚舞选你们的舞伴吧 |
[44:01] | We’ve sort of shocked the Confederacy. | 我们震惊了南方 斯佳丽 |
[44:03] | It’s a bit like blockade-running, isn’t it? | 这很危险的 跟你走私一样 |
[44:05] | It’s worse. | 真糟糕 |
[44:07] | But I expect a very fancy profit out of it. | 我希望从中获得一大把利益 |
[44:09] | I don’t care what you expect or what they think. | 我才不管你的期望 |
[44:11] | I’m going to dance and dance. | 我要尽量的跳舞 |
[44:12] | Tonight I wouldn’t mind dancing with Abe Lincoln himself. | 今晚 我也不在乎和林肯共舞 |
[44:46] | Another dance and my reputation will be lost forever. | 再跳的话 我的名誉就会全毁了 |
[44:49] | With enough courage, you can do without a reputation. | 有勇气的话 你不需名誊 |
[44:51] | Oh, you do talk scandalous. | 你说话真令人讨厌 |
[45:02] | You do waltz divinely, Captain Butler. | 你的华尔兹真是了不起 巴特勒船长 |
[45:04] | Don’t start flirting with me… | 少跟我调情… |
[45:05] | I’m not one of your plantation beaux. | 我不是你那些情人 |
[45:07] | I want more than flirting from you. | 我要的不止是调情 |
[45:10] | What do you want? | 你要什么 |
[45:12] | I’ll tell you, Scarlett O’Hara… | 我会告诉你 斯佳丽·奥哈拉… |
[45:14] | if you’ll take that Southern belle simper off your face. | 如果你不再痴笑的话 |
[45:18] | Some day I want you to say to me… | 总有一天我要你… |
[45:20] | the words I heard you say to Ashley Wilkes | 把对艾西利说过的话对我说 |
[45:23] | “I love you.” | “我爱你” |
[45:24] | That’s something you’ll never hear from me… | 那是你别想听到的… |
[45:26] | Captain Butler, as long as you live. | 巴特勒船长 |
[45:49] | How sweet, how kind. | 多美呀 多好呀 |
[45:52] | He is a thoughtful gentleman. | 他是一个体贴的绅士 |
[45:54] | Fiddle-dee-dee… | 真讨厌… |
[45:54] | why doesn’t he say something about my sacrifice? | 那我的牺牲呢 |
[46:06] | Oh, the darling thing. | 可爱的东西 |
[46:08] | Oh, Rhett, it’s lovely, lovely. | 瑞德 这真是太美了 |
[46:10] | You didn’t really bring it all the way from Paris just for me? | 你专程从巴黎为我带的吗 |
[46:13] | Yes, I thought it was about time I… | 是的 我早想让你… |
[46:15] | got you out of that fake mourning. | 脱下黑色孝服 |
[46:17] | Next trip I’ll bring you some green silk for a frock to match it. | 下次我要带一件衣服来配它 |
[46:20] | Oh, Rhett. | 瑞德 |
[46:21] | It’s my duty to our brave boys at the front… | 真难为了我们的英雄… |
[46:24] | to keep our girls at home looking pretty. | 让我们的女孩能在家漂漂亮亮的 |
[46:27] | Oh, it’s so long since I’ve had anything new. | 我好久没有新东西了 |
[46:40] | How do I look? | 我看起来如何 |
[46:42] | Awful! Just awful. | 难看 真难看 |
[46:45] | Why, what’s the matter? | 为什么 怎么了 |
[46:46] | This war has stopped being a joke… | 这个战争让你们女孩子… |
[46:47] | when a girl like you… | 都不知道… |
[46:49] | doesn’t know how to wear the latest fashion. | 最新的流行时尚了 |
[46:56] | Oh, Rhett, let me do it. | 瑞德 让我自己来吧 |
[47:04] | But, Rhett, I don’t know how I dare wear it. | 但是 瑞德 我不该戴它 |
[47:08] | You will though. | 你应该戴的 |
[47:10] | And another thing, those pantalettes. | 听我说 那些宽长裤 |
[47:13] | I don’t know a woman… | 在巴黎… |
[47:14] | in Paris that wears pantalettes anymore. | 没有女人再穿它们了 |
[47:15] | Oh, what do they…? | 那她们穿什么… |
[47:17] | You shouldn’t talk about such things. | 你不该说到这些东西 |
[47:19] | You little hypocrite. | 你这假正经 |
[47:20] | You don’t mind my knowing about them, just my talking. | 你不知道它们只能提到它们 |
[47:23] | But, I really can’t go on accepting… | 但是 瑞德 我不能接受… |
[47:25] | gifts from you, though you are awfully kind. | 这些好意的礼物 |
[47:27] | I’m not kind.I’m just tempting you. | 我并非好意 我是诱惑你 |
[47:29] | I never give anything without expecting… | 我一向要回报的… |
[47:31] | something in return.I always get paid. | 我会得到回报的 |
[47:33] | If you think I’ll marry you to pay for the bonnet, I won’t. | 你别想我会嫁给你 |
[47:35] | Don’t flatter yourself. I’m not a marrying man. | 别往脸上贴金了 我是不结婚的男人 |
[47:39] | Well, I won’t kiss you for it either. | 而且我也不会亲你 |
[47:51] | Open your eyes and look at me. | 张开你的眼看着我 |
[47:55] | No, I don’t think I will kiss you… | 不 我不会亲你… |
[47:57] | although you need kissing badly. | 虽然你需要人亲 |
[47:58] | That’s what’s wrong with you. | 那就是你的问题 |
[48:00] | You should be kissed and often… | 你就是应该这样… |
[48:01] | And by someone who knows how. | 被一个人经常亲 |
[48:03] | Oh, and I suppose you think you’re the proper person. | 你认为你就是适当人选 |
[48:06] | I might be, if the right moment ever came. | 我可能是 如果适当时机来临时 |
[48:09] | You’re a conceited, black-hearted varmint, Rhett Butler. | 你这自大的家伙 |
[48:12] | And I don’t know why I let you come and see me. | 我不知道为什么还和你交往 |
[48:15] | I’ll tell you why, Scarlett. | 我告诉你 因为你再也找不到… |
[48:17] | Because I’m the only man over 16 and under 60… | 十六岁以上 六十岁以下男人了… |
[48:19] | who’s around to show you a good time. | 能给你带来快乐 |
[48:21] | But cheer up, the war can’t last much longer. | 但你要高兴一点 战争很快就会结束的 |
[48:24] | Oh really, Rhett? Why? | 真的吗 为什么 |
[48:26] | There’s a battle going on right now that ought to… | 现有一场决定性战争… |
[48:27] | pretty well fix things… | 在进行… |
[48:29] | one way or the other. | 一切都会解决 |
[48:30] | Oh, Rhett. Is Ashley in it? | 艾西利也参加了吗 |
[48:34] | You still haven’t gotten the wooden-headed… | 仍然在痴想… |
[48:36] | Mr.Wilkes out of your mind. | 那个傻瓜 |
[48:37] | Yes, I suppose he’s in it. | 是的 我想他参加了 |
[48:39] | Oh, but tell me, Rhett, where is it? | 告诉我 在哪里 |
[48:41] | Some little town in Pennsylvania called Gettysburg. | 在北方一个叫盖茨堡的小镇 |
[50:05] | Here you is, Miss Melanie. | 给你 梅勒妮小姐 |
[50:06] | They was fightin’ for them so it just got tore in half. | 他们在抢 所以被撕坏了 |
[50:09] | Scarlett, you look. The W’s at the end. | 斯佳丽 你看 W的在后面 |
[50:16] | Wellman, Wendell, White, Whitner, Wilkins… | 威尔曼 温德尔 怀特 温特 威尔金斯… |
[50:20] | Williams, Woolsey, Workman. | 威廉斯 乌尔斯 沃克曼 |
[50:21] | Scarlett, you’ve passed him. | 斯佳丽 没有他 |
[50:24] | Oh, he isn’t there! | 他不在上面 |
[50:26] | He isn’t there! | 不在上面 |
[50:27] | Ashley’s safe. He isn’t listed. | 艾西利没事的 他没被列出 |
[50:29] | Oh, he’s safe, he’s safe. | 他没事 他没事 |
[50:33] | Oh, Scarlett, you’re so sweet… | 斯佳丽 你人真好… |
[50:35] | to worry about Ashley like this for me. | 为我担心艾西利 |
[50:45] | I must go to her. | 我得过去 |
[50:48] | Don’t, my dear, not here. | 别哭了 亲爱的 |
[50:51] | Let’s go home. | 我们回去吧 |
[50:53] | Dr.Meade, not… | 米笛大夫 不… |
[50:55] | Yes, our boy, Darcy. | 是的 我们的孩子达西 |
[50:58] | I was making these mittens for him. | 我为他做了这双手套 |
[51:02] | He won’t need them now. | 现在他不需要了 |
[51:05] | Mother, I’m going to enlist… | 妈 我要入伍… |
[51:07] | I’ll show ’em. I’ll kill all those Yankees. | 我要杀那些北佬 |
[51:09] | Phil Meade, you hush your mouth. | 菲尔·米笛 静下来 |
[51:10] | Do you think it will help your mother… | 如果你也被杀… |
[51:11] | to have you off getting shot too? | 对你母亲有帮助吗 |
[51:13] | I never heard of anything so silly. | 我从来没这么无助 |
[51:17] | It’s a black day, Scarlett. You haven’t had bad news, have you? | 你没有坏消息吧 斯佳丽 有吗 |
[51:20] | Ashley’s safe. | 艾西利没事 |
[51:22] | I’m glad, for Mrs.Wilkes’ sake. | 我为威尔克斯太太高兴 |
[51:24] | But, Rhett, there are so many others. | 但还有很多其他的人伤亡 |
[51:25] | Many of your friends? | 你们的朋友呢 |
[51:26] | Just about every family in the county… | 塔尔顿双胞胎… |
[51:28] | The Tarleton boys, Rhett, both of them. | 兄弟都阵亡 |
[51:30] | Yes, look at them. All these poor tragic people. | 是的 看看他们这些不幸悲惨的人们 |
[51:35] | The South’s sinking to its knees. It’ll never rise again. | 南方倒下来了 将永无再起之日 |
[51:39] | The cause… | 南方… |
[51:41] | The cause of living in the past is dying right in front of us. | 南方的传统生活过去了 |
[51:44] | I never heard you talk like that before. | 我从没听你那样说过话 |
[51:46] | I’m angry.Waste always makes me angry… | 这简直就是浪费… |
[51:48] | And that’s what all this is, sheer waste. | 使我发怒 |
[51:52] | But don’t you be downcast. | 但你不要担心 |
[51:54] | Ashley Wilkes is still alive to… | 艾西利将回到… |
[51:56] | come home to the women who love him… | 爱他的女人们身边… |
[51:58] | both of them. | 他们两位 |
[52:36] | Oh, you’re here. | 你在这 |
[52:41] | Oh, you’re here.You’re really here at last. | 你真的在这 |
[52:44] | Oh, my dear, I’ve waited so long. | 亲爱的 我等了好久了 |
[52:46] | Melanie, my dear, my darling wife. | 梅勒妮 亲爱的 我亲爱的太太 |
[52:52] | Oh, but we’re forgetting Scarlett. | 我们都把斯佳丽给忘了 |
[52:56] | Scarlett, dear. | 斯佳丽 |
[53:00] | Well, is this any way to greet a returning warrior? | 这可是欢迎返乡英雄的方式吗 |
[53:04] | Ashley, I… | 艾西利 我… |
[53:09] | Merry Christmas, Ashley. | 祝你圣诞快乐 艾西利 |
[53:20] | Come on, old gentleman, come on. We’ve got all your wives. | 来吧 老家伙 |
[53:24] | We’ve got all your little chicks. | 我们把你的太太们都吃掉了 |
[53:26] | You got nobody to worry your head about leavin’. | 你要离开没有什么好顾忌的了 |
[53:30] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[53:31] | Now you just stand still so you can be… | 你只要站在那… |
[53:33] | a Christmas gift for the white folks. | 就能收到圣诞礼物 |
[53:36] | Now hold on. | 不要动 |
[53:38] | Hold on! | 不要动 |
[53:39] | Don’t go gettin’ so uppity… | 不要那么自大… |
[53:42] | even if you is the last chicken in Atlanta. | 就算你是亚特兰的最后一只鸡 |
[53:46] | Let’s not talk about the war. It’s Christmas. | 大家忘了这场战争吧 今天是圣诞节 |
[53:48] | Let’s talk about Twelve Oaks, and Tara and… | 说说战争前的… |
[53:50] | all the times before the war. | 十二橡园吧 |
[53:52] | Can we have the wine, Aunt Pittypat? | 我们可以喝点酒吗 琵蒂姑妈 |
[53:54] | Why did you say there wasn’t enough, Uncle Peter? | 为什么说还不够 彼得叔叔 |
[53:56] | There’s plenty.It’s the very last of my father’s fine Madeira. | 这是我父亲的最后一瓶好酒 |
[54:00] | He got it from his uncle, Admiral Will Hamilton of Savannah… | 他从他叔叔那弄来的… |
[54:04] | who married his cousin, Jessica Carroll of Carrollton… | 就是娶杰西卡的那位海军上将… |
[54:08] | who was his second cousin once removed… | 他是他的表妹… |
[54:10] | and a kin to the Wilkeses too. | 也是威尔家的亲戚 |
[54:12] | I saved it to wish Ashley a Merry Christmas. | 我留下来是要祝艾西利有个快乐的圣诞节 |
[54:16] | But you mustn’t drink it all at once because it is the last. | 但要慢慢的喝 因为这是最后一瓶了 |
[54:24] | I meant it, my dear. It was a lovely Christmas gift. | 这是个很好的礼物 |
[54:27] | Only generals have tunics like this, nowadays. | 只有将军才有这种短大衣 |
[54:30] | I’m so happy you like it, dear. | 我很高兴你喜欢 |
[54:32] | Where did you get the cloth? | 你哪里弄来的布 |
[54:34] | It was sent to me by a Charleston lady. | 从一位查尔斯顿女士那里 |
[54:36] | I nursed her son while he was in the hospital… | 我在医院看护她的孩子… |
[54:38] | Ashley, before he died and… | 但她的孩子死了… |
[54:40] | Oh, you will take good care of it, won’t you? | 你会好好爱惜它 好吗 |
[54:43] | You won’t let it get torn. | 你不会弄破它吧 |
[54:46] | Promise me. | 答应我 |
[54:47] | You mustn’t worry. | 你不必担心 |
[54:49] | I’ll bring it back to you without any holes in it, I promise. | 我会完整把它带回 我答应你 |
[54:55] | Good night, my dear. | 晚安 亲爱的 |
[54:56] | Good night, Scarlett, darling. | 晚安 斯佳丽 亲爱的 |
[55:11] | Is it time yet, Uncle Peter, for Mr.Ashley to leave? | 时间到了吗 艾西利先生要走了吗 |
[55:14] | Pretty quick now, Miss Scarlett. | 差不多了 斯佳丽小姐 |
[55:15] | She isn’t going to the depot with him… | 她没去火车站… |
[55:17] | She hasn’t changed her mind? | 送他吗 |
[55:19] | No, ma’am. She’s layin’ down. | 不 她放弃了 |
[55:21] | She’s so upset… | 她心乱如麻… |
[55:23] | Mist’ Wilkes told her she can’t even come downstairs. | 威尔克斯先生不让她离开她房间 |
[55:31] | Ashley! | 艾西利 |
[55:37] | Ashley, let me go to the depot with you. | 艾西利 让我送你去火车站 |
[55:40] | Oh, Scarlett, I’d rather remember you as you are now… | 我宁愿想着你的样子… |
[55:43] | not shivering at the depot. | 而不是站在火车站那里发抖 |
[55:46] | All right. | 好吧 |
[55:48] | Oh, Ashley, I’ve got a present for you, too. | 艾西利 我也有个礼物给你 |
[55:58] | Why, Scarlett, it’s beautiful. | 这真是漂亮 |
[56:00] | Tie it on me, my dear. | 给我戴上 |
[56:03] | While Melly was making your new tunic… | 梅勒妮为你做短大衣时… |
[56:05] | I made this to go with it. | 我做了这个 |
[56:07] | You made it yourself? | 你自己做的吗 |
[56:09] | Well, then I shall value it all the more. | 那我将更爱惜它 |
[56:13] | You know there’s nothing I wouldn’t do for you. | 你知道我愿为你做任何事 |
[56:17] | There’s something you can do for me. | 你可以为我做点事 |
[56:19] | What is it? | 什么事 |
[56:20] | Will you look after Melanie for me? | 帮我照顾梅勒妮 |
[56:23] | She’s so frail and gentle and she loves you so much. | 她是如此脆弱且如此喜欢你 |
[56:27] | You see, if I were killed and she… | 如果我阵亡的话… |
[56:28] | Oh, you mustn’t say that.It’s bad luck. Say a prayer quickly. | 不要那么说 那会运气不好 祷告一下吧 |
[56:32] | You say one for me. | 你帮我祷告 |
[56:35] | We shall need all our prayers now the end is coming. | 我们都要祈祷 希望战争快结束了 |
[56:39] | The end? | 结束 |
[56:40] | The end of the war. | 这战争的结束 |
[56:42] | And the end of our world, Scarlett. | 还有我们世界的破灭 斯佳丽 |
[56:45] | But, Ashley, you don’t think the Yankees are beating us? | 但是艾西利 我们并没有败呀 |
[56:48] | Oh, Scarlett, my men are barefooted now… | 斯佳丽 我的手下都光着脚… |
[56:52] | and the snow in Virginia is deep. | 而且维吉尼亚的雪很深 |
[56:55] | When I see them… | 当我看到他们时… |
[56:57] | and I see the Yankees coming and coming… | 我也看到北佬… |
[56:59] | always more and more… | 一波一波的来… |
[57:05] | Well, when the end does come I shall be far away. | 总之 结束后我将远离这里 |
[57:08] | It’ll be a comfort to me to know that she has you. | 知道有你照顾她 我很放心 |
[57:12] | You will promise, won’t you? | 你答应吧 愿意吗 |
[57:17] | Yes. | 我答应 |
[57:19] | Is that all, Ashley? | 只有这样吗 艾西利 |
[57:22] | All except, goodbye. | 还有就是…再见了 |
[57:25] | Oh, Ashley, I can’t let you go. | 艾西利 我不能让你走 |
[57:27] | -You must be brave… -No… | -你要坚强点… -不… |
[57:28] | You must. | 你必须要 |
[57:30] | How else can I bear going? | 我必须走 |
[57:33] | Oh, Scarlett, you are so fine and strong and beautiful. | 斯佳丽 你真是善良坚强和美丽 |
[57:38] | Not just your sweet face, my dear… | 不只是你那甜美的脸 亲爱的… |
[57:41] | but you. | 还有你的内心 |
[57:46] | Oh, Ashley, kiss me. | 艾西利 亲我 |
[57:49] | Kiss me goodbye! | 吻别我 |
[57:57] | No, Scarlett. | 不 斯佳丽 |
[57:58] | Oh, Ashley, I love you. | 艾西利 我爱你 |
[58:00] | I’ve always loved you. I never loved anyone else. | 我从未爱过任何人 |
[58:03] | I only married Charles just to hurt you. | 我嫁给查尔斯是故意伤你的心 |
[58:06] | Oh, Ashley. Tell me you love me. | 艾西利 说你爱我 |
[58:09] | I’ll live on it the rest of my life. | 我将为你的话终老一生 |
[58:13] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[58:34] | When the war is over. | 当战争结束后 |
[58:37] | When the war is over… | 当战争结束后… |
[59:00] | And there’s a place back home… | 在家乡 |
[59:02] | where a wild plum tree comes to flower in the springtime. | 家里有桃李树春天会开花 |
[59:07] | Down by the creek, you know. | 沿着小溪 你知道的 |
[59:09] | Yes, I know, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[59:11] | When we were little, my brother, Jeff, and I used to… | 我还小的时候 我哥哥杰夫… |
[59:15] | I told you about my brother, Jeff, didn’t I, ma’am? | 我告诉过你我哥哥杰夫吗 |
[59:19] | I know I did. | 对了我说过 |
[59:20] | He… | 他… |
[59:22] | We don’t know where Jeff is now, ma’am. | 我们不知道杰夫哪去了 夫人 |
[59:25] | Since Bull Run we haven’t heard anything and… | 从上次战役以来 我们就没消息… |
[59:29] | Please, we must have your temperature now. | 现在要量体温 |
[59:31] | Just take this in your mouth and not talk anymore. | 放在嘴里 别说话了 |
[59:34] | Not just now. | 就一会 |
[59:36] | Melanie, I’m so tired I’ve gotta go home. | 梅勒妮 我很累 我得回家去 |
[59:40] | Aren’t you tired, Melanie? | 你不累吗 |
[59:42] | No, I’m not tired, Scarlett. | 不 我不累 斯佳丽 |
[59:45] | This might be… | 这位可能会… |
[59:47] | Ashley. | 是艾西利 |
[59:49] | And only strangers here to comfort him. | 他们只有陌生人安慰他们 |
[59:52] | No, I’m not tired, Scarlett. | 不 我不累 斯佳丽 |
[59:55] | They could all be… | 他们可能会… |
[59:58] | Ashley. | 是艾西利 |
[1:00:11] | I’ve been sittin’ by this curb one solid hour… | 我在此足足等一小时要见你… |
[1:00:13] | waiting to speak to you, Miss Wilkes. | 威尔克斯太太 |
[1:00:15] | Go on, you trash, don’t you be pesterin’ these ladies. | 走开 你这下流货 |
[1:00:18] | Don’t talk to her, Melly. | 不要跟她说话 梅勒妮 |
[1:00:19] | It’s all right, Scarlett. Who are you? | 没关系的 斯佳丽 你是谁 |
[1:00:22] | My name’s Belle Watlin’. But that don’t matter. | 我叫贝尔·华丹宁 |
[1:00:25] | I expect you think I’ve got no business here. | 我想你以为这儿没有我的事 |
[1:00:27] | Hadn’t you best tell me what you want to see me about? | 你还没告诉我你来干什么 |
[1:00:30] | First time I come here, I says, “Belle, you’re a nurse.” | 我刚来时 我原想当护士 |
[1:00:33] | But the ladies didn’t want my kind of nursin’. | 但她们不要我 |
[1:00:35] | Well, they was more than likely right. | 她们是对的 |
[1:00:37] | Then I tried givin’em money. | 我想献出我的钱 |
[1:00:39] | My money wasn’t good enough for ’em, either. | 她们认为我的钱不好 |
[1:00:42] | Old pea-hens! | 真固执 |
[1:00:44] | I know a gentleman who says you’re a human bein’. | 有位绅士告诉我说 你人很好 |
[1:00:47] | If you are, which they ain’t… | 如果她们不是 那你是好人… |
[1:00:48] | you’ll take my money for the hospital. | 请收下我的钱给医院吧 |
[1:00:50] | What are you doing here? Haven’t you been told twice already? | 你想干什么 你要说两遍吗 |
[1:00:54] | This time I’m conversin’ with Miss Wilkes. | 我是在跟威尔克斯太太说话 |
[1:00:56] | You might as well take my money, Miss Wilkes. | 你应该收下我的钱 威尔克斯太太 |
[1:00:58] | It’s good money, even if it is mine. | 钱是干净的 即使是我献出的 |
[1:01:00] | I’m sure you’re very generous. | 我认为你很大方 |
[1:01:02] | No, I’m not.I’m a Confederate like everybody else, that’s all. | 不 我跟你一样是个南方人 |
[1:01:05] | Of course you are. | 你当然是 |
[1:01:07] | There’s some folks here wouldn’t feel that way. | 有些人却不那么想 |
[1:01:09] | But maybe they ain’t as good Christians as you. | 他们不是像你那么好的基督徒 |
[1:01:19] | Look, Mrs.Meade. It’s a great deal of money. | 你看 米笛太太 这是一大笔钱 |
[1:01:22] | Ten, $20, $30, $50. | 十元 二十元 三十元 五十元 |
[1:01:25] | And it’s not our paper money.It’s gold. | 而且不是纸币 是金币 |
[1:01:27] | Let me see that handkerchief. | 让我看看这手帕 |
[1:01:33] | And she’s driving away in Rhett Butler’s carriage! | 她坐着瑞德·巴特勒的马车走了 |
[1:01:37] | Oh, if I just wasn’t a lady… | 如果我不是一位女士的话… |
[1:01:38] | what wouldn’t I tell that varmint! | 我会好好骂那个坏蛋 |
[1:02:15] | The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not want. | 我主引导我 我没要求 |
[1:02:18] | He maketh me to lie down in green pastures. | 他让我躺在绿场下 |
[1:02:21] | He leadeth… | 他指引着我… |
[1:02:24] | He restoreth my soul. | 他重建我的心灵 |
[1:02:27] | He leadeth me in the paths of… | 以他的名义… |
[1:02:28] | righteousness for His name’s sake. | 指引我正确的路 |
[1:02:31] | Yeah, though I walk through the… | 即使我走进… |
[1:02:32] | valley of the shadow of death… | 死亡的山谷… |
[1:02:34] | I will fear no evil. | 我也不恐惧 |
[1:02:36] | For Thou art with me. | 愿主伴随我 |
[1:02:38] | Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. | 你的棒支持着我 |
[1:02:41] | Yankees! | 北佬 |
[1:02:43] | The Yankees! Dr.Meade, they’re getting closer. | 北佬 米笛大夫 他们越来越近了 |
[1:02:46] | They’ll never get into Atlanta… | 他们永远打不进亚特兰大的… |
[1:02:48] | They’ll never get through old Peg-Leg Hood. | 他们永不会通过我们士兵这一关 |
[1:02:51] | Give me something for the pain. | 给我一点止痛药 |
[1:02:54] | Give me something for the pain! | 给我一点止痛药 |
[1:02:56] | Sorry, son, we haven’t got anything to give you. | 对不起 我们什么都没有了 |
[1:03:00] | These animules is drivin’ me crazy! | 这些腐虫要把我弄疯了 |
[1:03:04] | What luck! You’ve got my jack…! | 倒霉 你穿了我的长统靴… |
[1:03:06] | Give me an ace and I’ll start another war! | 给我力量我要去打仗 |
[1:03:09] | I’ll bid the moon! | 我会祝愿你 |
[1:03:15] | That I’ll never see you or Pa again. | 我永不会见到你或是爸了 |
[1:03:20] | This leg’s got to come off, soldier. | 这条腿必须去掉 |
[1:03:22] | No, no! Leave me alone! | 不 不可以 |
[1:03:24] | I’m sorry, soldier. | 对不起 |
[1:03:25] | We’re all run out of chloroform, Dr.Meade. | 麻药没有了 米笛大夫 |
[1:03:27] | Then we’ll have to operate without it. | 没有麻药也得做手术 |
[1:03:29] | No, no! Leave me alone! | 不 不要碰我 |
[1:03:31] | You can’t do it. I won’t let you do it to me! | 你不能这么做 我不会让你这么做的 |
[1:03:33] | Tell Dr.Wilson to take this leg off immediately… | 告诉威尔逊大夫 马上把这条腿切掉… |
[1:03:35] | It’s gangrene. | 都已经腐烂了 |
[1:03:36] | No, no! Don’t! | 不 不要 |
[1:03:39] | I haven’t seen my family in three days. | 我好几天没有看到我家人了 |
[1:03:42] | I’m going home for half an hour. | 我要回去半个小时 |
[1:03:44] | Orderly! Give me a lift. | 挨个的来 |
[1:03:50] | Nurse, you can free this bed. | 护士 你可以把这张床空出来 |
[1:03:53] | Miss Scarlett! | 斯佳丽 |
[1:03:56] | Why, Frank Kennedy! | 弗兰克·肯尼迪 |
[1:03:58] | Miss Suellen, is she well? | 苏安琳小姐 她好吗 |
[1:04:00] | When did they bring you in? You all right? Are you badly hurt? | 他们什么时候带你进来的 你伤得很厉害吗 |
[1:04:03] | -But Miss Suellen, is she… -She’s all right, but l… | -但是 苏安琳… -她还好 可我… |
[1:04:06] | Dr.Wilson needs you in the operating room. | 威尔逊大夫需要你 |
[1:04:08] | He’s going to take off that leg. Better hurry. | 他要动切除手术 最好快点 |
[1:04:12] | I’ll be back. | 我就回来 |
[1:04:15] | No, no, leave me alone! | 不 让我死吧 |
[1:04:18] | No, no, I can’t stand it! | 不 我忍不住了 |
[1:04:21] | No don’t! Don’t cut! | 不能切 |
[1:04:25] | Don’t cut! | 不能 |
[1:04:27] | Don’t, don’t! | 不 不 |
[1:04:29] | Please! | 求求你了 |
[1:04:30] | Where’s the nurse? | 护士哪去了 |
[1:04:36] | Mrs.Hamilton, Dr.Wilson’s waiting. | 汉密尔顿太太 威尔逊大夫在等你 |
[1:04:38] | Let him wait! I’m going home! I’ve done enough. | 让他等 我要回去 我受够了 |
[1:04:40] | I don’t want any more men dying! I don’t want any more! | 我不要再看更多的人死去了 |
[1:05:45] | Big Sam! | 萨姆 |
[1:05:47] | Big Sam! Big Sam! | 萨姆 萨姆 |
[1:05:50] | Almighty Moses, it’s Miss Scarlett! | 万能的主 是斯佳丽小姐 |
[1:05:52] | Big Sam! | 萨姆 |
[1:05:54] | Big Sam! | 萨姆 |
[1:05:55] | Sam, Lige, Postel, Prophet… | 萨姆, 莱格, 伯斯特, 伯柔特… |
[1:05:57] | I’m so glad to see you! | 我很高兴看到你们 |
[1:05:59] | Tell me about Tara, about my mother. She didn’t write me. | 告诉我塔拉庄园和我母亲的事 她没给我写信 |
[1:06:02] | -She’s gone and got sick, Miss Scarlett. -Sick? | -她病了 小姐 -病了 |
[1:06:04] | Just a little bit sick, that’s all. | 一点小病 没事 |
[1:06:06] | Your pa was wild when they wouldn’t let him fight… | 而你父亲很愤怒 因为膝盖… |
[1:06:08] | ’cause of his broken knee. | 他们不让他参战 |
[1:06:09] | He had fits when they took us field hands… | 当他们拉我们去掘战壕时… |
[1:06:11] | to dig ditches for white soldiers to hide in. | 他也去帮忙了 |
[1:06:13] | But your ma says the Confederacy needs us. | 但你母亲说南方需要我们 |
[1:06:15] | So we’re gonna dig for the South. | 所以我们去了 |
[1:06:17] | Sam, was there a doctor? | 萨姆 她看过医生了吗 |
[1:06:18] | Sorry, ma’am, we’ve got to march. | 对不起 我们得走了 |
[1:06:19] | Goodbye, Miss Scarlett. Don’t worry, we’ll stop them Yankees. | 再见 小姐 我们会阻止那些北佬的 |
[1:06:22] | Goodbye, Big Sam.Goodbye, boys… | 再见 萨姆 各位… |
[1:06:24] | If any of you get sick or hurt, let me know. | 如果你们受伤了要通知我 |
[1:06:26] | -Goodbye, Miss Scarlett. -Goodbye. | -再见 斯佳丽小姐 -再见 |
[1:06:27] | -Goodbye. -Goodbye. | -再见 -再见 |
[1:06:49] | Scarlett! | 斯佳丽 |
[1:06:51] | Scarlett! | 斯佳丽 |
[1:06:55] | Climb into this buggy. This is no day for walking. | 别在车丛中闯来闯去的 |
[1:06:58] | You’ll get run over. | 你会被践踏的 |
[1:06:59] | Oh, Rhett! | 瑞德 |
[1:07:01] | Drive me to Aunt Pitty’s, please. | 请送我到琵蒂姑妈家 |
[1:07:05] | Panic’s a pretty sight, isn’t it? | 惊慌失措是一幕美景 |
[1:07:10] | That’s just another of General Sherman’s calling cards. | 有张谢尔曼将军的邀请卡 |
[1:07:13] | He’ll be paying us a visit soon. | 他会给我们报酬 |
[1:07:14] | I’ve gotta get out of here before the Yankees come! | 我要离开这 在北佬来之前 |
[1:07:17] | And leave your work at the hospital? | 你要放弃你的护士工作吗 |
[1:07:19] | Or have you had enough of death and lice… | 你看够了死亡 腐虫… |
[1:07:21] | and men chopped up? | 和流血吗 |
[1:07:23] | I suppose you weren’t meant for sick men, Scarlett. | 你不是注定要看护病人的 斯佳丽 |
[1:07:25] | Don’t talk to me like that. I’m so scared! | 别跟我说那些 多么恐怖 |
[1:07:27] | I wish I could get out of here. | 我要离开这鬼地方 |
[1:07:30] | Let’s get out of here together. | 我们一起走吧 |
[1:07:31] | No use staying here and… | 别在这里了 看看周围… |
[1:07:33] | letting the South come down around your ears. | 看看周围 南方已经被攻陷 |
[1:07:34] | There are too many nice places to go and visit. | 有很多地方可去 |
[1:07:37] | Mexico, London, Paris… | 墨西哥 伦敦 巴黎… |
[1:07:40] | -With you? -Yes, ma’am. | -和你吗 -是的 |
[1:07:42] | With a man who understands you and admires you… | 跟一个全然爱慕你的人… |
[1:07:44] | for just what you are. | 一起去 |
[1:07:45] | I figure we belong together, being the same sort. | 我们是半斤八两 |
[1:07:49] | I’ve been waiting for you to grow up and… | 我一直在等你忘了… |
[1:07:51] | get that sad-eyed Ashley out of your heart. | 那伤感的艾西利 |
[1:07:54] | Well, I hear Mrs.Wilkes is going to have a baby… | 我听说威尔克斯夫人… |
[1:07:55] | in another month or so. | 快要生了 |
[1:07:58] | It’ll be hard loving a man with a wife and baby clinging to him. | 去爱个有太太孩子的男人真是执着 |
[1:08:04] | Well, here we are… | 我们到了… |
[1:08:06] | Are you going with me, or are you getting out? | 你要跟我走还是下车 |
[1:08:08] | I hate and despise you, Rhett Butler… | 我讨厌你 瑞德·巴特勒… |
[1:08:10] | and I’ll hate and despise you till I die. | 而且到死我都不看不起你 |
[1:08:14] | Oh no, you won’t, Scarlett. Not that long. | 不 你不会的 不会那么久的 |
[1:08:24] | Miss Scarlett! Miss Scarlett! | 斯佳丽小姐 斯佳丽小姐 |
[1:08:26] | Folks is all goin’ to Macon and… | 大家都去梅肯了… |
[1:08:27] | folks is runnin’ away and runnin’ away. | 他们都跑了 |
[1:08:30] | I can’t bear it! Those cannon balls right in my ears! | 我受不了 炮火的声音在我耳里隆隆作声 |
[1:08:33] | I faint every time I hear one! | 一听到我就要昏了 |
[1:08:36] | Uncle Peter, look out for that trunk! | 彼得 看好了大皮箱 |
[1:08:39] | But, Aunt Pitty, you aren’t leaving? | 琵蒂姑妈 你不离开吗 |
[1:08:40] | I may be a coward, but oh dear! | 我也许是个胆小鬼 亲爱的 |
[1:08:43] | Yankees in Georgia! | 北佬在乔治亚州了 |
[1:08:45] | How did they ever get in? | 他们马上就到了 |
[1:08:47] | I’m going, too.Prissy, go pack my things. Get them, quick! | 我也要走 普丽赛 收拾行装 快 |
[1:08:49] | Wait, Aunt Pitty, I won’t take a minute. | 琵蒂姑妈 等我一会 |
[1:08:51] | Scarlett, do you really think you ought to? | 斯佳丽 你真的也要… |
[1:08:53] | Scarlett! | 斯佳丽 |
[1:08:54] | What is this? You ain’t planning on running away? | 怎么了 你打算要逃跑了 |
[1:08:57] | And don’t you dare try to stop me… | 别想阻止我… |
[1:08:59] | I’m never going back to that hospital. | 我将永远不回到那医院去 |
[1:09:01] | I’ve had enough of smelling death and rot and death. | 我受够了死亡和腐臭 |
[1:09:04] | I’m going home.I want my mother. My mother needs me. | 我要回到我母亲那里 她需要我 |
[1:09:07] | Now you’ve got to listen to me. You must stay here! | 你给我听着 你必须留在这儿 |
[1:09:10] | Without a chaperon, Dr.Meade? It simply isn’t done! | 没有陪护 米笛大夫 这样可不行 |
[1:09:13] | Good heavens, woman, this is war, not a garden party! | 天哪 这是战争 不是舞会 |
[1:09:16] | You’ve got to stay.Melanie needs you. | 斯佳丽 梅勒妮需要你 |
[1:09:18] | Oh, bother Melanie. | 梅勒妮真麻烦 |
[1:09:19] | She’s ill already. She shouldn’t even be having a baby. | 她不该这个时候生孩子的 |
[1:09:21] | She may have a difficult time. | 她可能会有困难 |
[1:09:23] | Well, can’t we take her along? | 我们不能带她上路吗 |
[1:09:24] | Do you want her to take that chance? | 你想让她冒险吗 |
[1:09:25] | Do you want her to be jounced over rough roads… | 你要她在路上颠簸… |
[1:09:27] | and have her baby ahead of time, in a buggy? | 而且在马车上生孩子吗 |
[1:09:29] | It isn’t my baby! You take care of her! | 那又不是我孩子 你照顾她好了 |
[1:09:31] | Scarlett! We haven’t enough doctors… | 斯佳丽 我们缺少医生… |
[1:09:33] | much less nurses to look after a sick woman. | 分不出一位护士来照顾她 |
[1:09:35] | You’ve got to stay for Melanie. | 你必须为梅勒妮留下 |
[1:09:37] | What for? | 为了什么 |
[1:09:38] | I don’t know anything about babies being born! | 我对接生一点也不清楚 |
[1:09:40] | I knows, I knows. | 我知道 我知道 |
[1:09:42] | I knows how to do it. I’s done it lots and lots. | 我知道如何接生 我以前常接生 |
[1:09:45] | Let me, Doctor, let me. I can do everything. | 让我来 一切我都可以做 |
[1:09:48] | -Good. Then I’ll rely on you to help us. -Yes, Doctor. | -很好 我会让你帮忙的 -好的 |
[1:09:51] | Ashley’s fighting in the field, fighting for the cause. | 艾西利在打仗 为了南方 |
[1:09:54] | He may never come back.He may die. | 他可能永远回不来了 |
[1:09:57] | Scarlett, we owe him a well-born child. | 斯佳丽 我们该为他好好接生孩子 |
[1:10:01] | Ashley. | 艾西利 |
[1:10:02] | If you’re coming, Scarlett, hurry! | 如果你要走的话 斯佳丽 快点 |
[1:10:05] | I promised Ashley… | 我答应过艾西利… |
[1:10:07] | something. | 一件事 |
[1:10:08] | Then you’ll stay? | 你要留下吗 |
[1:10:10] | Good. Go along, Miss Pittypat. Scarlett’s staying. | 好 走吧 琵蒂 斯佳丽留下来 |
[1:10:13] | Go on, Uncle Peter. Oh dear, I don’t know what to do. | 彼得走吧 我不知道该怎么办 |
[1:10:16] | It’s like the end of the world. | 好像是世界末日 |
[1:10:20] | Uncle Peter, my smelling salts. | 彼得 我的醒脑剂 |
[1:10:29] | Melanie, it’s all your fault! | 梅勒妮 都是你的错 |
[1:10:32] | I hate you, I hate you! | 我恨你 我恨你 |
[1:10:34] | And I hate your baby! | 我也恨你的孩子 |
[1:10:36] | If only I hadn’t promised Ashley! | 如果我没答应艾西利该多好 |
[1:10:38] | If only I hadn’t promised him! | 如果我没答应他该多好 |
[1:11:10] | Stop! Stop, please stop! | 停一下 请停一下 |
[1:11:13] | Is it true? Are the Yankees coming? | 北佬真的要来了吗 |
[1:11:14] | I’m afraid so, ma’am. The Army’s pullin’ out. | 是的 部队在撤退 |
[1:11:16] | Pulling out of Atlanta? Leaving us to the Yankees? | 从亚特兰大撤退 把我们留给北佬吗 |
[1:11:18] | Not leavin’, ma’am, evacuatin’. | 不是留下 是撤退 |
[1:11:20] | We’ve got to before… | 一定要走… |
[1:11:21] | Sherman cuts the McDonough Road and catches us. | 在他们切断去路之前 |
[1:11:23] | It can’t be true! It can’t be true! What’ll I do? | 这不可能是真的 我该怎么办 |
[1:11:26] | Better refugee south right quick, ma’am… | 最好立刻逃到南方… |
[1:11:28] | If you’ll excuse me, ma’am. | 我得走了 |
[1:11:31] | Prissy! | 普丽赛 |
[1:11:33] | Prissy, come here! | 普丽赛 快来 |
[1:11:35] | Go pack my things and Miss Melanie’s too… | 把我和梅勒妮的东西收拾好… |
[1:11:37] | We’re going to Tara right away. | 我们要到塔拉庄园去 |
[1:11:39] | The Yankees are coming! | 北佬要来了 |
[1:11:40] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 |
[1:11:43] | Scarlett! | 斯佳丽 |
[1:11:44] | Scarlett! | 斯佳丽 |
[1:11:46] | Melly, we’re going to… | 梅勒妮 我们去… |
[1:11:50] | Melly! | 梅勒妮 |
[1:11:53] | I’m sorry to be such a bother, Scarlett. | 很对不起 给你这么麻烦 斯佳丽 |
[1:11:59] | It began at daybreak. | 阵痛是天亮时开始的 |
[1:12:02] | But, but… | 但是… |
[1:12:04] | But the Yankees are coming! | 但是北佬要来了呀 |
[1:12:07] | Poor Scarlett. | 可怜的斯佳丽 |
[1:12:09] | You’d be at Tara now with your mother, wouldn’t you… | 你应该在塔拉庄园和你母亲一起… |
[1:12:13] | if it weren’t for me? | 如果不是为了我 |
[1:12:16] | Oh, Scarlett, darling… | 亲爱的斯佳丽… |
[1:12:18] | you’ve been so good to me. | 你对我太好了 |
[1:12:20] | No sister could have been sweeter. | 比亲姐妹还要好 |
[1:12:26] | I’ve been lying here thinking… | 我躺在这里想着… |
[1:12:29] | if I should die… | 如果我死的话… |
[1:12:32] | will you take my baby? | 你可以带我的孩子吗 |
[1:12:36] | Oh, fiddle-dee-dee, Melly. | 别胡说 梅勒妮 |
[1:12:38] | Aren’t things bad enough without you talking about dying? | 事情没那么坏 别说死的事情 |
[1:12:41] | -I’ll send for Dr.Meade right now. -Not yet, Scarlett. | -我就叫人去接米笛大夫来 -还没 斯佳丽 |
[1:12:45] | I couldn’t let Dr.Meade sit here for hours, while… | 我不能让她在这儿等几个小时… |
[1:12:48] | -while all those poor, wounded boys… -Melly, Prissy! | -而那些伤员… -梅勒妮 普丽赛 |
[1:12:53] | Prissy! Prissy! Come here, quick! | 普丽赛 普丽赛 快来 |
[1:12:56] | Go get Dr.Meade! Run quick! | 去找米笛大夫 快点 |
[1:12:57] | Yes, ma’am. The baby! | 是 夫人 孩子 |
[1:13:00] | Well, don’t stand there like a scared goat. Run! | 不要站在那儿 快跑呀 |
[1:13:05] | Hurry! I’ll sell you South, I will! I swear I will! | 快点 否则我把你给卖了 我发誓我会的 |
[1:13:10] | Where’s that Prissy? | 普丽赛哪儿去了 |
[1:13:15] | This room’s like an oven already… | 这房间跟炉子一样… |
[1:13:17] | and it isn’t noon yet. | 可还没到正午 |
[1:13:22] | Oh, don’t worry, Melly. | 不要担心 梅勒妮 |
[1:13:24] | Mother says it always seems like the doctor’ll never come. | 大夫应该马上就到 |
[1:13:30] | If I don’t take a strap to that Prissy! | 我要揍那个普丽赛 |
[1:13:39] | Oh, Melly. | 梅勒妮 |
[1:13:41] | You know what I heard about Maybelle Merriwether? | 梅勒妮你知道我听到有关梅宝的事 |
[1:13:44] | You remember that funny-looking beau of hers? | 是有关她有趣的情人 |
[1:13:46] | The one with a uniform like ladies’ red flannel underdrawers. | 他穿着像红色法兰绒女衬裤 |
[1:13:50] | You don’t have to keep on talking for my sake, Scarlett. | 你没有必要一直和我说话 |
[1:13:54] | I know how worried you are. | 我知道你很着急 |
[1:14:09] | Oh, Melly, I’ll just go and fetch you some cooler water. | 梅勒妮 我给你拿些凉水来 |
[1:14:14] | You’re as slow as molasses in January. | 你慢得跟蜜糖一样 |
[1:14:16] | And where’s Dr.Meade? | 米笛大夫呢 |
[1:14:17] | -I ain’t never seen him, Miss Scarlett. -What? | -我没看到他 小姐 -什么 |
[1:14:20] | No, ma’am. He ain’t at the hospital. | 不 他不在医院 |
[1:14:22] | A man, he told me the doctor’s down at the car shed… | 有人告诉我他在车站… |
[1:14:25] | with the wounded soldiers… | 跟伤兵一起… |
[1:14:27] | Well, why didn’t you go after him? | 那你为何不去找他呢 |
[1:14:30] | Miss Scarlett. | 小姐 |
[1:14:32] | I’s scared to go down there to the car shed. | 我怕到火车站去 |
[1:14:35] | There’s folks dyin’ down there and I’s scared of dead folks. | 有人死在那 我怕死人 |
[1:14:41] | Oh, you go sit by Miss Melly. | 你陪梅勒妮小姐 |
[1:14:43] | And don’t you be upsetting her, or I’ll whip the hide off you! | 你可别骚扰她 否则我会鞭打你 |
[1:15:24] | -Have you seen Dr.Meade? -One side, lady, please. | -有没有看到米笛大夫 -那边 小姐 |
[1:15:31] | Dr.Meade! | 米笛大夫 |
[1:16:17] | Dr.Meade! At last! | 米笛大夫 终于找到你了 |
[1:16:18] | Oh, thank heavens you’re here. I need every pair of hands. | 谢天谢地你来了 我需要你帮忙 |
[1:16:22] | Come, child! Wake up! We’ve got work to do. | 来 孩子 醒醒 我们还有工作要做 |
[1:16:25] | But Melly’s having her baby. You’ve got to come with me! | 但梅勒妮要生了 我需要你 |
[1:16:29] | Are you crazy? I can’t leave these men for a baby! | 你疯了吗 我不能离开这 |
[1:16:32] | They’re dyin’, hundreds of them… | 他们成百地死去… |
[1:16:33] | Get some woman to help you. | 去找别的女人吧 |
[1:16:35] | But there isn’t anybody. And, Dr.Meade, she might die! | 没有别人了 她可能会死 |
[1:16:38] | Die! | 死 |
[1:16:39] | Look at them! Bleeding to death in front of my eyes! | 你看他们 在我面前流血死去 |
[1:16:42] | No chloroform! No bandages! Nothing… | 没有麻醉药 没有纱带… |
[1:16:44] | Nothing to even ease their pain! | 没有东西来止痛 |
[1:16:47] | Now run along and don’t bother me. | 好了别打扰我 |
[1:16:49] | Now don’t worry, child. There’s nothing to bringing a baby. | 孩子 不用怕 接生孩子没什么 |
[1:16:53] | Now bring those stretchers in here! | 拿担架过来 |
[1:16:54] | Dr.Meade! | 米笛大夫 |
[1:16:55] | Here.I’m coming. | 我来了 |
[1:17:16] | Is the doctor come? | 大夫来了吗 |
[1:17:18] | No, he can’t come. | 不 他不能来 |
[1:17:19] | Oh, Miss Scarlett, Miss Melly bad off. | 斯佳丽小姐 梅勒妮小姐严重了 |
[1:17:22] | He can’t come.There’s nobody to come. | 他不能来 没人会来 |
[1:17:26] | Prissy, you’ve got to manage without the doctor.I’ll help you. | 普丽赛 你必须自行处理 我会帮你 |
[1:17:29] | Oh, lordy, Miss Scarlett. | 天呀 不行 |
[1:17:32] | Well, what is it? | 怎么了 |
[1:17:34] | Lordy, we’ve got to have a doctor. | 我们一定要有个大夫 |
[1:17:36] | I don’t know nothin’ about birthin’ babies. | 我对接生孩子一无所知 |
[1:17:40] | -What do you mean? -I don’t know… | -你说什么 -我不知道… |
[1:17:42] | You told me you knew everything about it. | 你说过全知道的呀 |
[1:17:44] | I don’t know how come I tell such a lie. | 我不知道我为什么要撒谎 |
[1:17:46] | Ma ain’t never let me ’round when folks was havin’ them. | 她们生孩子时 夫人没让我靠近过 |
[1:17:50] | Scarlett! | 斯佳丽 |
[1:17:52] | Scarlett! | 斯佳丽 |
[1:17:54] | Oh, Miss Scarlett… | 小姐… |
[1:17:56] | Stop it! | 别吵 |
[1:17:59] | Go light a fire in the stove! | 去生火 |
[1:18:00] | Keep boiling water in the kettle, get me a ball of twine and… | 保持水开着 要点绳子和… |
[1:18:04] | and all the clean towels you can find, and the scissors. | 乾净的毛巾和剪刀 |
[1:18:06] | Don’t come telling me you can’t find them. | 别说找不到 |
[1:18:08] | Go get them, and get them quick! | 快去拿 快去 |
[1:18:13] | Scarlett! | 斯佳丽 |
[1:18:22] | Coming, Melly. | 来了 梅勒妮 |
[1:18:24] | Coming. | 来了 |
[1:18:29] | Go, Scarlett, before the Yankees get here. | 斯佳丽 在北佬来之前快走吧 |
[1:18:32] | I’m not afraid. You know I won’t leave you. | 我不怕 我不会离开你的 |
[1:18:34] | It’s no use.I’m going to die. | 没有用了 我死定了 |
[1:18:35] | Don’t be a goose, Melly.Hold on to me. Hold on to me. | 不要胡说 抓住我 |
[1:18:39] | Talk to me, Scarlett. | 跟我说话 斯佳丽 |
[1:18:41] | Please talk to me. | 跟我说话 |
[1:18:43] | Don’t try to be brave, Melly. | 鼓起勇气 |
[1:18:45] | Yell all you want to, there’s nobody to hear. | 想叫就大声叫吧 没人会听到 |
[1:18:47] | Ma says that if you puts a knife under the bed… | 夫人说床下放把剪刀… |
[1:18:49] | it cuts the pain in two. | 会减轻痛苦 |
[1:18:57] | Cap’n Butler! | 巴特勒船长 |
[1:18:59] | Cap’n Butler! | 巴特勒船长 |
[1:19:02] | What do you want? | 你要找谁 |
[1:19:04] | Cap’n Butler. | 巴特勒船长 |
[1:19:05] | He’s upstairs. Belle Watlin’s givin’ a party. | 他在楼上 贝尔·华丹宁在为他开酒会呢 |
[1:19:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:19:13] | Cap’n Butler! Oh, Cap’n Butler! | 巴特勒船长 |
[1:19:16] | What’s all the rumpus about? | 这么吵闹是什么事情 |
[1:19:18] | I’s got a message for Cap’n Butler, Miss Watlin’! | 我有话要转告巴特勒船长 |
[1:19:22] | Cap’n Butler, you come out here in the streets to me. | 巴特勒船长 快下来跟我去 |
[1:19:26] | What is it, Prissy? | 怎么了 普丽赛 |
[1:19:27] | Miss Scarlett, she done sent me for you. | 斯佳丽小姐 她派我来找你 |
[1:19:30] | Miss Melly, she done had her baby today. | 梅勒妮小姐 她今天生了孩子 |
[1:19:33] | And a fine baby boy… | 一个很漂亮的男孩… |
[1:19:37] | and Miss Scarlett and me, we brung him. | 斯小姐和我 我们接生的 |
[1:19:40] | Do you mean to tell me that Scarlett… | 你是说斯佳丽她… |
[1:19:41] | Well, it was mostly me, Cap’n Butler, only Miss Scarlett… | 其实大部分是我做的 |
[1:19:45] | she helped me a little, but I don’t expect… | 而斯小姐只帮我一点忙… |
[1:19:48] | no doctor could have done no better! | 没大夫也做的挺好 |
[1:19:50] | Only Miss Melly, she feelin’ kinda poorly now it’s all over! | 但梅勒妮小姐正病得很厉害 |
[1:19:55] | Yes, I can believe that! | 我可以相信 |
[1:19:56] | And the Yankees is comin’ and Miss Scarlett she said… | 北佬就来了 斯小姐她说… |
[1:20:01] | Oh, Cap’n Butler, the Yankees is here! | 巴特勒船长 北佬来了 |
[1:20:04] | Please come and bring your carriage for us right away. | 请拿你的马车带我们走吧 |
[1:20:08] | I’m sorry, Prissy… | 抱歉 普利赛… |
[1:20:09] | but the Army took my horse and carriage. | 士兵们把我的马和车子都拿走了 |
[1:20:11] | You’d better come upstairs. I’ll see what I can do. | 你先上楼 我想想看 |
[1:20:13] | Oh, no, Cap’n Butler! | 不行 船长 |
[1:20:15] | My ma would wear me out with a cornstalk… | 如果我进到华丹宁夫人房间… |
[1:20:17] | if I was to go into Miss Watlin’s. | 我母亲会宰了我的 |
[1:20:20] | Any of you beauties know… | 小姐们知道… |
[1:20:22] | where I can steal a horse for a good cause? | 在哪能偷到马吗 |
[1:20:32] | -Whoa, Marse Robert. -Is that you, Rhett? | -到了 -是瑞德吗 |
[1:20:35] | We’s here, Miss Scarlett.We’s here! | 我们回来了 小姐 |
[1:20:37] | Rhett, I knew you’d come. | 瑞德 我知道你会来 |
[1:20:38] | Good evening. Nice weather we’re having. | 晚上好 天气不错 |
[1:20:40] | Prissy tells me you’re planning on taking a trip. | 普丽赛说你们准备离开这 |
[1:20:42] | If you make any jokes now I’ll kill you! | 如你开玩笑 我就宰了你 |
[1:20:44] | Don’t tell me you’re frightened. | 别告诉我你很害怕 |
[1:20:46] | I’m scared to death… | 我害怕极了… |
[1:20:47] | If you had the sense of a goat, you’d be scared too. | 如果你到这地步 你也会怕的 |
[1:20:50] | Oh, the Yankees. | 北佬 |
[1:20:51] | No, not yet. | 不是 |
[1:20:52] | That’s what’s left of our Army, blowing up the ammunition… | 我们部队在撤退前把弹药炸完… |
[1:20:55] | so the Yankees won’t get it. | 北佬就得不到了 |
[1:20:56] | We’ve got to get out of here. | 我们必须离开 |
[1:20:58] | At your service, Madam. | 照你的意思 |
[1:20:59] | Just where are you figuring on going? | 你想去哪呢 |
[1:21:01] | Home, to Tara. | 回塔拉庄园 |
[1:21:02] | Don’t you know that they’ve been fighting all day around Tara? | 你不知道塔拉庄园周围在打仗吗 |
[1:21:04] | Do you think you can parade through the Yankee Army… | 你想大摇大摆的带着一个病妇和婴儿… |
[1:21:06] | with a sick woman, a baby and a simple-minded darky… | 以及一个头脑简单的黑人 通过北佬军队… |
[1:21:09] | or do you intend leaving them behind? | 或者把他们丢下 |
[1:21:11] | They’re going with me… | 他们会随我一起… |
[1:21:12] | and I’m going home and you can’t stop me! | 我要回家 你别阻止我 |
[1:21:13] | Don’t you know it’s dangerous jouncing Mrs.Wilkes… | 你不能让威尔克斯夫人… |
[1:21:15] | over miles of open country? | 在路上颠簸 |
[1:21:17] | I want my mother! | 我要我母亲 |
[1:21:20] | I want to go home to Tara! | 我要回到塔拉庄园去 |
[1:21:22] | Tara’s probably been burned to the ground. | 塔拉庄园也许被烧掉了 |
[1:21:24] | The woods are full of stragglers from both armies. | 而且到处有散兵在 |
[1:21:25] | The least they’ll do is take the horse away from you… | 至少他们会把马带走… |
[1:21:28] | and even though it isn’t much of an animal… | 虽然只是一匹马… |
[1:21:29] | I did have a lot of trouble stealing it. | 而我是很不容易偷来的 |
[1:21:31] | I’m going home if I have to walk every step of the way. | 我要回家 即使走回去 |
[1:21:34] | I’ll kill you if you try to stop me. I will, I will! | 如果你要阻止我 我会宰了你 |
[1:21:38] | I will! | 我会的 |
[1:21:45] | All right, darling, all right. Now you shall go home. | 好吧 亲爱的 好吧 你可以回家 |
[1:21:50] | I guess anybody who did… | 从你今天的表现… |
[1:21:52] | what you’ve done today can take care of Sherman. | 我想你什么事都办得到的 |
[1:21:55] | Here, now. Stop crying. | 好了 别哭了 |
[1:22:00] | Now blow your nose like a good little girl. | 别像小孩子哭鼻子 |
[1:22:03] | There. | 好了 |
[1:22:16] | Prissy! What are you doing? | 普丽赛 你在干什么 |
[1:22:17] | I’s packin’, Miss Scarlett. | 我在收拾行装 小姐 |
[1:22:19] | Stop it and come get the baby. | 不要收拾了 去抱孩子 |
[1:22:20] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 小姐 |
[1:22:24] | Melly! | 梅勒妮 |
[1:22:26] | Mrs.Wilkes, we’re taking you to Tara. | 威尔克斯夫人 我们要带你去塔拉庄园 |
[1:22:29] | Tara… | 塔拉庄园… |
[1:22:30] | -It’s the only way, Melly. -No. | -那是唯一的办法 梅勒妮 -不 |
[1:22:32] | Sherman will burn the house over our heads if we stay. | 如果留下的话 会被杀的 |
[1:22:35] | It’s all right, Melly. | 好的 梅勒妮 |
[1:22:37] | My baby. | 我的孩子 |
[1:22:39] | My poor baby. | 可怜的孩子 |
[1:22:45] | Have you the strength to put your arms around my neck? | 你可以把手搭在我脖子上吗 |
[1:22:47] | I think so. | 我想可以 |
[1:22:52] | Never mind. | 没关系 |
[1:22:54] | Oh, Ashley, Charles… | 艾西利 查尔斯… |
[1:22:56] | What is it? What does she want? | 怎么了 你想要什么 |
[1:22:58] | Ashley’s picture, Charles’ sword. She wants us to bring them. | 艾西利的照片 查尔斯的剑 她要我们带上 |
[1:23:01] | Get them. | 带上 |
[1:23:17] | What’s that? | 怎么了 |
[1:23:18] | Our gallant lads must… | 我们的英雄们… |
[1:23:20] | have set fire to the warehouses near the depot. | 肯定在火车站旁放火了 |
[1:23:22] | There’s enough ammunition… | 在货车里有足够的炸弹… |
[1:23:23] | in the box cars to blow us to Tara. | 可以把我们炸到塔拉庄园 |
[1:23:24] | We’ll have to hurry to get across the tracks. | 我们必须快点通过铁道 |
[1:23:26] | -You’re not going that way! -We have to. | -不能走那条路 -必须走 |
[1:23:28] | The McDonough Road’s the only one… | 麦克多诺是唯一… |
[1:23:30] | the Yankees haven’t cut yet. | 没被北佬切断的路 |
[1:23:41] | Oh, wait. I forgot to lock the front door. | 等等 我忘了锁门 |
[1:23:43] | What are you laughing at? | 你笑什么 |
[1:23:45] | At you, locking the Yankees out. | 笑你 把北佬锁在外面 |
[1:24:03] | Oh, dear, I wish they’d hurry. | 我真希望他们快点 |
[1:24:05] | I wouldn’t be in such a hurry to see them go if I were you. | 你不该急着要他们走 |
[1:24:08] | With them goes the last semblance of law and order. | 法律和秩序也都跟他们一样走了 |
[1:24:13] | The scavengers aren’t wasting any time. | 不法之徒 |
[1:24:19] | We’ve got to get out of here, fast. | 我们必须要快一点 |
[1:24:21] | There’s a horse! | 那有匹马 |
[1:24:34] | Down the alley, cut them off. | 堵住他 把他们拽下来 |
[1:24:50] | Give me that horse. | 把马留下 |
[1:25:01] | Miss Scarlett! | 斯佳丽小姐 |
[1:25:07] | They haven’t left much for the Yankees to take, have they? | 他们一点都不留给北佬 |
[1:25:09] | We’ll have to make a dash for… | 我们必须在… |
[1:25:11] | it before the fire reaches that ammunition. | 大火烧到弹药库前冲过去 |
[1:25:34] | Come on! | 快 |
[1:25:39] | Throw me your shawl. | 把你围巾扔过来 |
[1:25:45] | Sorry, but you’ll like it better if you don’t see anything. | 用它蒙起来会好点 |
[1:26:47] | Take a good look, my dear. | 好好的看一下吧 亲爱的 |
[1:26:49] | It’s a historic moment. | 这是历史性时刻 |
[1:26:50] | You can tell your grandchildren… | 你可以告诉你的子孙… |
[1:26:52] | how you watched the old South disappear one night. | 你是如何看着老南方一夜消失的 |
[1:27:12] | They were going to lick the Yankees in a month. | 他们原想在一个月内打赢的 |
[1:27:14] | The poor gallant fools! | 那些可怜而勇敢的傻瓜 |
[1:27:16] | They make me sick, all of them! | 他们让我厌恶 |
[1:27:18] | Getting us all into this with their swaggering and boasting. | 他们的傲慢和自大把我们给弄成这样 |
[1:27:21] | That’s the way I felt once about their swaggering and boasting. | 那是我曾经想到过的 |
[1:27:25] | Rhett, I’m so glad you aren’t with the Army. | 瑞德 我很高兴你没参军 |
[1:27:28] | You can be proud, now… | 你可以自豪… |
[1:27:29] | proud that you’ve been smarter than all of them. | 因为你比他们聪明 |
[1:27:34] | I’m not so proud. | 我并不那么自豪 |
[1:27:55] | Why did you stop? | 为什么停下来 |
[1:27:56] | This is the turn to Tara. Let the horse breathe a bit. | 到塔拉庄园的转角 让马休息一下 |
[1:27:59] | Mrs.Wilkes. | 威尔克斯夫人 |
[1:28:00] | Miss Melly done fainted way back, Cap’n Butler. | 梅勒妮小姐昏过去很久了 巴特勒船长 |
[1:28:04] | Well, she’s probably better off. | 那么她可能会好点 |
[1:28:05] | She couldn’t stand the pain if she were conscious. | 可以少受点痛苦的折磨 |
[1:28:09] | Scarlett, are you still determined to do this crazy thing? | 斯佳丽 你仍然决定要做吗 |
[1:28:12] | Yes. I know we can get through, Rhett. I’m sure we can. | 我知道我们可以闯过的 我们一定能的 |
[1:28:15] | Not we, my dear, you. | 不是我们 亲爱的 是你 |
[1:28:17] | I’m leaving you here. | 我把你们留在这儿 |
[1:28:19] | You’re what? Rhett, where are you going? | 你说什么 瑞德 你要去哪里 |
[1:28:22] | I’m going, my dear, to join the Army. | 我要去从军了 亲爱的 |
[1:28:24] | You’re joking! I could kill you for scaring me so! | 你在开玩笑 我可真要把你宰了 |
[1:28:27] | I’m very serious, Scarlett. | 我说真的 斯佳丽 |
[1:28:29] | I’m going to join up with our brave lads in gray. | 我要去参加我们英雄的行列 |
[1:28:32] | But they’re running away! | 但他们不是逃跑了吗 |
[1:28:33] | No. They’ll turn and make a last stand… | 不 他们会调头做最后一次决战… |
[1:28:35] | if I know anything about them. | 只要我知道他们的事情 |
[1:28:36] | When they do, I’ll be with them. A little late, but “Better late…” | 我会跟随他们 作最后决战 |
[1:28:39] | Rhett, you must be joking! | 瑞德 你一定在开玩笑 |
[1:28:42] | Selfish to the end, aren’t you? | 你可真彻底的自私 不是吗 |
[1:28:44] | Thinking only of your own precious hide… | 只顾自己的宝贝皮革… |
[1:28:46] | with never a thought for the noble cause. | 而从来不顾南方贵族 |
[1:28:48] | Rhett, how could you do this to me… | 瑞德 你怎么可以这样对我… |
[1:28:50] | and why should you go now, after it’s all over and I need you? | 战争都快完了 而我需要你 你为何还要去呢 |
[1:28:53] | Why? Why? | 为什么 为什么 |
[1:28:54] | Why | 为什么 |
[1:28:55] | Maybe it’s because I’ve always had a weakness for lost causes… | 也许我不忍心看南方败… |
[1:28:57] | once they’re really lost. | 一旦他们真的打败 |
[1:28:59] | Or maybe… | 或者也许… |
[1:29:02] | maybe I’m ashamed of myself. | 也许我感到惭愧 |
[1:29:05] | Who knows? | 谁知道 |
[1:29:06] | You should die of shame to leave me here alone and helpless! | 如果你留下无助的我 那你该惭愧而死 |
[1:29:09] | You helpless? | 你无助 |
[1:29:12] | Heaven help the Yankees if they capture you! | 如果他们逮到你的话 我会可怜北佬 |
[1:29:15] | Now, climb down here. I want to say goodbye. | 好吧 从这下来 我要道别了 |
[1:29:18] | No! | 不 |
[1:29:20] | Climb down. | 下来吧 |
[1:29:25] | Oh, Rhett, please don’t go. You can’t leave me, please. | 瑞德 你不要走 你不能离开我 |
[1:29:28] | I’ll never forgive you! | 我永远不会原谅你的 |
[1:29:30] | I’m not asking you to forgive me… | 我不需要原谅… |
[1:29:32] | I’ll never understand or forgive myself. | 我永不会了解或原谅我自己 |
[1:29:34] | And if a bullet gets me… | 如果我被子弹打中… |
[1:29:35] | so help me, I’ll laugh at myself for being an idiot. | 我会笑我自己当大傻瓜 |
[1:29:38] | But there’s one thing I do know… | 但有件事我是明白的… |
[1:29:40] | and that is that I love you, Scarlett. | 我爱你 斯佳丽 |
[1:29:42] | In spite of you and me and the whole silly world… | 不管你和我还是整个愚蠢的世界… |
[1:29:43] | going to pieces around us… | 都将变成粉碎… |
[1:29:45] | I love you… | 我爱你 |
[1:29:46] | because we’re alike. Bad lots, both of us. | 因为我们很像 一样是坏蛋 我们两个 |
[1:29:49] | Selfish and shrewd… | 自私而精明… |
[1:29:52] | but able to look things… | 但能… |
[1:29:53] | in the eyes and call them by their right names. | 对我们自己忠实 |
[1:29:55] | Don’t hold me like that! | 不要这样抱着我 |
[1:29:57] | Scarlett, look at me. | 斯佳丽 看着我 |
[1:30:00] | I love you more than I’ve ever loved any woman. | 我爱你胜过我爱过的任何女人 |
[1:30:03] | And I’ve waited longer for you than… | 且我等你比等任何女人… |
[1:30:04] | I’ve ever waited for any woman. | 都久得 多 |
[1:30:06] | Let me alone! | 放开我 |
[1:30:09] | Here’s a soldier of the South who loves you, Scarlett… | 这儿有一位爱你的军人 斯佳丽… |
[1:30:11] | wants to feel your arms around him… | 需要你拥抱他… |
[1:30:13] | wants to carry the memory of your kisses into battle with him. | 带着你的吻去战场 |
[1:30:16] | Never mind about loving me. | 并不介意爱不爱我 |
[1:30:17] | You’re a woman sending a soldier… | 你是一个送走怀有美丽回忆的士兵… |
[1:30:19] | to his death with a beautiful memory. | 到沙场的女人 |
[1:30:21] | Scarlett, kiss me. | 斯佳丽 吻我 |
[1:30:24] | Kiss me, once. | 吻我 就一次 |
[1:30:31] | You low-down, cowardly, nasty thing, you! | 你这下流的东西 |
[1:30:34] | They were right! Everybody was right! You aren’t a gentleman! | 他们说的没错 你不是一位绅士 |
[1:30:41] | A minor point at such a moment. | 在这个时候还说这些 |
[1:30:45] | Here. | 给 |
[1:30:46] | If anyone lays a hand on that nag, shoot him. | 如果有人要抢那匹老马 就开枪 |
[1:30:49] | But don’t make a mistake and shoot the nag. | 但不要打到老马 |
[1:30:51] | Oh, go on. I want you to go… | 走吧 走吧… |
[1:30:53] | I hope a cannon ball lands slap on you. | 我希望你被打死 |
[1:30:55] | I hope you’re blown into a million pieces! | 我希望你粉身碎骨 |
[1:30:57] | Never mind the rest. I follow your general idea. | 其他的不用说了 我明白你大概的意恩 |
[1:31:00] | And when I’m dead on the altar of my country… | 当我成为烈士时… |
[1:31:02] | I hope your conscience hurts you. | 我希望你会受到良心的责备 |
[1:31:05] | Goodbye, Scarlett. | 再见 斯佳丽 |
[1:31:32] | Come on, you! We’re going home. | 走吧 你这老马 我们回家去 |
[1:32:51] | Oh, my poor baby. | 我可怜的宝贝 |
[1:32:54] | Don’t worry, Melly. | 不要担心 梅勒妮 |
[1:32:56] | Mother’ll take care of him when we get home. | 我们到家后母亲会照顾他的 |
[1:32:58] | Miss Scarlett, I’s powerful hungry. | 斯佳丽小姐 我饿死了 |
[1:33:01] | We’s got to have something to eat. | 我们必须吃点东西 |
[1:33:03] | Oh, hush up! | 别吵了 |
[1:33:05] | We’re nearly at Twelve Oaks. We’ll stop there. | 我们快到十二橡园了 我们在那停一下 |
[1:33:09] | Go on! | 走 |
[1:34:17] | shley, I’m glad you’re not here to see this. | 艾西利 幸好你没看到这种情景 |
[1:34:21] | The Yankees! | 那些北佬 |
[1:34:23] | The dirty Yankees! | 该死的北佬 |
[1:34:40] | Prissy, come tie up this cow! | 普丽赛 把那只母牛绑起来 |
[1:34:43] | We don’t need no cow, Miss Scarlett. | 我们不需要母牛 小姐 |
[1:34:45] | We’ll be home soon, and I’s scared of cows. | 我们很快就到家了 而且我很怕母牛 |
[1:34:49] | Tear up your petticoat and tie her on to the back of the wagon. | 把你的衣服撕下 绑在车上 |
[1:34:52] | We need milk for the baby… | 我们需要牛奶给婴儿… |
[1:34:54] | and we don’t know what we’ll find at home. | 我们也不知在家里能找到什么 |
[1:35:05] | Melly! Melly, we’re home! | 梅勒妮 梅勒妮 我们到家了 |
[1:35:07] | We’re at Tara! | 我们到塔拉庄园了 |
[1:35:08] | Hurry! Move, you brute! | 快 赶快 你这畜生 |
[1:35:11] | Miss Scarlett, he’s dead! | 小姐 它死了 |
[1:35:14] | I can’t see the house… | 我看不到房子… |
[1:35:16] | Is it there? I can’t see the house.Have they burned it? | 他们把它烧了吗 |
[1:35:22] | Oh, it’s all right. | 还好 |
[1:35:24] | It’s all right! They haven’t burned it! | 它还很好 他们没有烧掉它 |
[1:35:27] | It’s still there! | 还在那 |
[1:35:32] | Mother! Mother! Pa! | 母亲 母亲 爸 |
[1:35:37] | Mother! Mother! Pa! | 母亲 母亲 爸 |
[1:35:45] | Mother, let me in. It’s me, Scarlett! | 母亲 让我进去 是我 斯佳丽 |
[1:35:52] | Pa! | 爸 |
[1:35:54] | Pa! | 爸 |
[1:35:56] | I’m home! | 我回来了 |
[1:35:59] | I’m home! | 我回来了 |
[1:36:03] | Katie. | 卡蒂 |
[1:36:05] | Katie Scarlett. | 卡蒂·斯佳丽 |
[1:36:08] | Oh, darlin’. | 亲爱的 |
[1:36:20] | Mammy! | 保姆 |
[1:36:23] | -Mammy, I’m home. -Honey, honey child! | -保姆 我回来了 -亲爱的 孩子 |
[1:36:28] | Oh, Mammy, I’m so… | 保姆 我太… |
[1:36:32] | Where’s Mother? | 母亲呢 |
[1:36:36] | Miss Suellen and Miss Carreen, they was sick with the typhoid. | 苏安琳小姐和凯瑞英小姐 她们都患了伤寒症 |
[1:36:40] | They had it bad, but they’s doin’ all right now. | 她们受苦了 但她们都好了 |
[1:36:43] | Just weak like little kittens. | 只是虚弱得跟猫一样 |
[1:36:45] | But where’s Mother? | 那母亲在哪呢 |
[1:36:50] | Miss Ellen, she went down to nurse that Emmy Slattery… | 埃伦小姐她去看护那艾美·史莱特… |
[1:36:53] | that white trash… | 那无用下流的白种女人 |
[1:36:56] | and she took down with it, too. | 于是她也染上了 |
[1:37:00] | -And last night she… -Mother! | -因此 昨晚她… -母亲 |
[1:37:06] | Mother. | 母亲 |
[1:38:15] | Miss Scarlett, honey. | 斯佳丽小姐 亲爱的 |
[1:38:17] | If there’s anythin’ I can do, Miss Scarlett… | 如果有什么我能帮忙的… |
[1:38:20] | What did you do with Miss Melly? | 你把梅勒妮怎么安顿的 |
[1:38:22] | Don’t you worry your pretty head ’bout Miss Melly, child. | 不要担心梅勒妮小姐 |
[1:38:24] | I done slapped her in bed already, along with the baby. | 我催她上床和孩子睡觉了 |
[1:38:27] | You better put that cow I brought into the barn, Pork. | 把我带回的母牛放进谷仓里 |
[1:38:30] | There ain’t no barn no more, Miss Scarlett. | 没有谷仓了 小姐 |
[1:38:32] | The Yankees done burned it for firewood. | 北佬把它当柴烧了 |
[1:38:34] | They used the house for their headquarters. | 他们在这儿做过司令部 |
[1:38:37] | They camped all around the place. | 在这儿驻过营 |
[1:38:38] | Yankees in Tara! | 北佬 在塔拉庄园吗 |
[1:38:40] | Yes, ma’am, and they stole most everything they didn’t burn. | 是的 小姐 他们几乎偷走所有烧不掉的东西 |
[1:38:43] | All the clothes and all the rugs… | 衣服 毯子都没了… |
[1:38:45] | and even Miss Ellen’s rosaries. | 连埃伦太太的念珠也偷走了 |
[1:38:49] | I’m starving, Pork. Get me something to eat. | 我饿死了 给我弄点吃的 |
[1:38:51] | There ain’t nothin’ to eat, honey. They took it all. | 什么也没有了 他们都拿走了 |
[1:38:55] | All the chickens, everything? | 所有小鸡呢 |
[1:38:57] | They took them the first thing. | 他们连鸡也带走了 |
[1:38:59] | And what they didn’t eat they carried off across their saddles. | 不能吃就一起带走了 |
[1:39:01] | Don’t tell me any more about what they did! | 不要再告诉我他们干的事 |
[1:39:20] | What’s this, Pa? | 这是什么 爸 |
[1:39:22] | Whiskey? | 威士忌吗 |
[1:39:23] | Yes, daughter. | 是的 女儿 |
[1:39:29] | Here, Katie Scarlett, that’s enough! | 斯佳丽 够了 |
[1:39:31] | You’re not knowing spirits, you’ll make yourself tipsy. | 你不能喝太多 你会醉的 |
[1:39:35] | I hope it makes me drunk. | 我希望大醉 |
[1:39:37] | I’d like to be drunk. | 我想要醉 |
[1:39:42] | Oh, Pa. | 爸 |
[1:39:46] | What are those papers? | 那些是什么字据 |
[1:39:49] | Bonds. | 债券 |
[1:39:52] | They’re all we’ve saved. | 那些是我们所留下来的 |
[1:39:53] | All we have left. | 我们所剩下来的 |
[1:39:56] | Bonds. | 债券 |
[1:39:57] | What kind of bonds, Pa? | 什么样的债券 爸 |
[1:40:00] | Why, Confederate bonds, of course, daughter. | 当然是南方政府公债了 |
[1:40:03] | Confederate bonds? | 南方政府公债 |
[1:40:05] | What good are they to anybody? | 它们能做什么 |
[1:40:07] | I’ll not have you talking like that, Katie Scarlett. | 我不知道怎么跟你说 斯佳丽 |
[1:40:10] | Pa, what are we going to do with no money and nothing to eat? | 爸 我们没钱也没东西吃 |
[1:40:16] | We must ask your mother. | 我们得问你母亲 |
[1:40:18] | That’s it! | 就那样 |
[1:40:20] | We must ask Mrs.O’Hara. | 我们得问奥哈拉太太 |
[1:40:24] | -Ask Mother? -Yes. | -问母亲 -是的 |
[1:40:27] | Mrs.O’Hara will know what’s to be done. | 奥哈拉太太知道该怎么办 |
[1:40:30] | Now don’t be botherin’ me. | 现在不要打搅我 |
[1:40:32] | Go out for a ride. | 出去骑马吧 |
[1:40:35] | I’m busy. | 我很忙 |
[1:40:54] | Oh, Pa… | 爸… |
[1:40:56] | don’t worry about anything. | 什么也不要担心 |
[1:40:59] | Katie Scarlett’s home. | 有斯佳丽在家 |
[1:41:03] | You needn’t worry. | 你不用担心 |
[1:41:20] | Miss Scarlett. | 斯佳丽小姐 |
[1:41:21] | What are we gonna to do with nothing to… | 那些病人和婴儿的… |
[1:41:23] | feed those sick folks and that child? | 食物怎么办 |
[1:41:27] | I don’t know, Mammy. | 我不知道 保姆 |
[1:41:29] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:41:30] | We ain’t got nothin’ but radishes in the garden. | 菜园里除了萝卜什么也没有了 |
[1:41:33] | Miss Scarlett, Miss Suellen and Miss Carreen… | 斯佳丽 苏安琳 凯瑞英… |
[1:41:36] | they’s fussin’ to be sponged off. | 她们正忙着做清洁 |
[1:41:40] | Where are the other servants, Mammy? | 其他的仆人呢 |
[1:41:41] | Miss Scarlett, there’s only just me and Pork left. | 斯佳丽小姐 除了我和朴克 |
[1:41:44] | The others went off to the war or runned away. | 其他的不是参战就是跑掉了 |
[1:41:46] | I can’t take care of that baby and sick folks, too. | 我无法照顾那些病人和婴孩 |
[1:41:50] | I’s only got two hands. | 我只有两只手 |
[1:41:53] | Who’s going to milk that cow, Miss Scarlett… | 谁去挤奶 小姐… |
[1:41:55] | We’s houseworkers. | 我们只会做家务 |
[1:43:20] | As God is my witness… | 老天在上… |
[1:43:22] | As God is my witness, they’re not going to lick me. | 为我作证 我会克服这些困难 |
[1:43:26] | I’m going to live through this… | 我会渡过难关… |
[1:43:28] | and when it’s all over, I’ll never be hungry again. | 而且永不饥饿 |
[1:43:31] | No, nor any of my folks. | 我家的任何人也是一样 |
[1:43:34] | If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. | 即使是我要撒谎 偷 骗或杀人 |
[1:43:38] | As God is my witness, I’ll never be hungry again! | 老天在上 我将永不饥饿 |
[1:50:55] | My back’s near broken. | 我的背快要断了 |
[1:51:00] | Look at my hands. | 看我的手 |
[1:51:02] | Mother said you could always tell a lady by her hands. | 母亲说从手可以看出一个人是不是淑女 |
[1:51:06] | I guess things like hands… | 我想那些事… |
[1:51:08] | and ladies don’t matter so much anymore. | 不再那么重要了 |
[1:51:11] | You rest, Sue, you’re not well yet… | 你休息吧 苏安琳… |
[1:51:13] | and I can pick cotton for both of us. | 我可以采我们两个人份的 |
[1:51:15] | Scarlett’s hateful, making us work in the fields like… | 斯佳丽真可恶 让我们这样工作… |
[1:51:19] | Too bad about that. | 实在太糟糕了 |
[1:51:21] | Now get back to work… | 现在好好工作… |
[1:51:22] | I can’t do everything at Tara all by myself. | 在塔拉庄园我可不是万能的 |
[1:51:24] | What do I care about Tara? I hate Tara! | 我才不在乎塔拉庄园 我恨塔拉庄园 |
[1:51:29] | Don’t you ever dare say you hate Tara again! | 你敢再说你恨塔拉庄园的话 |
[1:51:34] | The same as hating Pa and Ma. | 那就跟恨爸和妈一样 |
[1:51:43] | Katie Scarlett, there’s something I must speak to you about. | 斯佳丽 我得告诉你一件事 |
[1:51:46] | Yes, Pa, what is it? | 爸 什么事 |
[1:51:47] | I’ve been talking to Prissy and Mammy… | 我不喜欢你对待普丽赛… |
[1:51:49] | I’veI don’t like the way you’re treating them. | 和保姆的方式 |
[1:51:51] | You must be firm with inferiors… | 你对下人要坚定… |
[1:51:52] | but you must be gentle with them… | 而温和… |
[1:51:54] | especially darkies. | 尤其是对黑人 |
[1:51:56] | Yes, Pa, I know… | 是的 爸 我知道… |
[1:51:58] | But I’m not asking them to do anything I’m not doing myself. | 我不是要求他们做我不做的事 |
[1:52:00] | Nevertheless, Katie Scarlett, I don’t like it… | 虽然如此 我也不喜欢… |
[1:52:02] | I shall speak to Mrs.O’Hara about it. | 我会跟奥哈拉太太谈这件事 |
[1:52:19] | What are you doing out of bed, Melly? | 你为何起来 梅勒妮 |
[1:52:21] | Scarlett, darling, I must talk to you… | 亲爱的斯佳丽… |
[1:52:22] | You are all working so hard. | 你们太辛苦了 |
[1:52:24] | I can’t lie in bed doing nothing. | 我不能躺在床上什么事都不干 |
[1:52:26] | Go on back upstairs. You’re as weak as a newborn colt. | 回到楼上去 你刚生了孩子太虚弱了 |
[1:52:28] | Please, Scarlett, let me. | 斯佳丽 让我来吧 |
[1:52:30] | Stop being noble. I’ve got enough on my hands… | 不要这样 我已经很忙了 |
[1:52:32] | without you making yourself sick so you’ll never be any use. | 你又会弄得自己病倒 这样是不会有用的 |
[1:52:35] | Oh, I didn’t think of it that way. | 我并没那么想 |
[1:53:33] | Who’s there? Halt or I’ll shoot! | 是谁 不要动 否则我开枪了 |
[1:53:42] | You all alone, little lady? | 你很孤单吧 小姐 |
[1:53:47] | You ain’t very friendly, are you? | 你很不友善 是吗 |
[1:53:52] | You got anything else besides these earbobs? | 除了这样耳圈 还有别的吗 |
[1:53:55] | You Yankees have been here before. | 你们北佬来过这里了 |
[1:53:58] | Regular little spitfire, ain’t you? | 你有点烈性子 |
[1:54:02] | What have you got hidden in your hand? | 你手上藏的是什么 |
[1:54:39] | Scarlett, you killed him! | 斯佳丽 你杀了他 |
[1:54:42] | I’m glad you killed him! | 我很高兴你杀了他 |
[1:54:46] | Scarlett! Scarlett, what happened… | 斯佳丽 斯佳丽 发生什么事情… |
[1:54:47] | What is it, Scarlett? What is it? | 怎么了 斯佳丽 什么事 |
[1:54:53] | Don’t be scared, chickens… | 不要怕… |
[1:54:55] | Your sister was cleaning a revolver and… | 只是你姐姐擦枪走火… |
[1:54:57] | it went off and nearly scared her to death. | 那快把她吓坏了 |
[1:54:59] | Oh, thank goodness. Haven’t we got enough to frighten us? | 谢天谢地 那样还没把我们吓坏啊 |
[1:55:03] | Tell Katie Scarlett she must be more careful. | 告诉斯佳丽要小心点 |
[1:55:08] | What a cool liar you are, Melly. | 你真是一位冷静的撒谎者 梅勒妮 |
[1:55:11] | We’ve got to get him out of here and bury him. | 我们得把他埋了 |
[1:55:14] | If the Yankees find him here, they’ll… | 如果北佬发现他在这儿 他们会… |
[1:55:15] | I didn’t see anyone else. I think he must be a deserter. | 我没看到其他的人 他一定是个逃兵 |
[1:55:19] | But, even so, we’ve got to hide him. | 虽然如此 我们必须把他藏起来 |
[1:55:21] | They might hear about it, and then they’d come and get you. | 他们可能听到枪声来找你 |
[1:55:27] | I could bury him in the arbor where the ground is soft… | 我可以把他埋在丛林里 |
[1:55:30] | but how will I get him out of here? | 但我如何把他弄出去 |
[1:55:33] | We’ll both take a leg and drag him. | 我们一起拖 |
[1:55:35] | You couldn’t drag a cat. | 你太衰弱了 |
[1:55:44] | Do you think it would be dishonest… | 斯佳丽 搜他的乾粮袋… |
[1:55:45] | if we went through his haversack? | 会不会不道德呢 |
[1:55:47] | I’m ashamed I didn’t think of that myself. | 真可惜我居然没想到 |
[1:55:50] | You take the haversack, I’ll search his pockets. | 你搜吧 我搜他的口袋 |
[1:56:05] | You look. | 你来看吧 |
[1:56:06] | I’m feeling a little weak. | 我有点不舒服 |
[1:56:08] | Melly, I think it’s full of money! | 梅勒妮 我想装满了钱 |
[1:56:12] | Oh, Melly, look! | 梅勒妮 看 |
[1:56:13] | Look! | 看 |
[1:56:16] | Don’t stop to count it now. We haven’t got time. | 不要数 我们没有时间 |
[1:56:18] | Do you realize this means we’ll have something to eat? | 这钱我们可以用来吃饭 |
[1:56:20] | Look in his other pockets. | 搜他其他的口袋 |
[1:56:24] | Hurry, hurry! | 快 快 |
[1:56:26] | -We’ve got to get him out of here. -Here. | -我们快把他弄出去 -这儿 |
[1:56:42] | If he bleeds across the yard, we can’t hide it. | 我们不能留下任何血迹 |
[1:56:45] | Give me your nightgown, Melly. I’ll wad it around his head. | 把你的睡衣给我 包他的头 |
[1:56:48] | Don’t be silly. I won’t look at you. | 不要那么不好意思了 |
[1:56:50] | If I had a petticoat or pantalettes, I’d use them. | 如果我有裙子或长裤 我就用我的 |
[1:57:06] | Thank heavens I’m not that modest. | 感谢老天 我没那么不好意思 |
[1:57:10] | Now go back to bed. You’ll be dead if you don’t. | 现在回去睡吧 不然你会没命的 |
[1:57:12] | I’ll clean up my mess when I’ve buried him. | 我把他葬了之后会清理地板的 |
[1:57:15] | No, I’ll clean it up. | 不 我来清理 |
[1:57:21] | Well, I guess I’ve done murder. | 反正我也杀了人了 |
[1:57:25] | I won’t think about that now. | 我现在不想那个 |
[1:57:27] | I’ll think about that tomorrow. | 我明天再想 |
[1:57:38] | Katie Scarlett! | 斯佳丽 |
[1:57:41] | Katie Scarlett! | 斯佳丽 |
[1:57:43] | It’s over! It’s over! | 结束了 结束了 |
[1:57:45] | It’s all over! The war! | 战争 结束了 |
[1:57:47] | Lee surrendered! | 我们投降了 |
[1:57:49] | -It’s not possible. -Oh, why did we ever fight? | -不可能 -我们为什么不再打呢 |
[1:57:52] | Ashley will be coming home. | 艾西利要回来了 |
[1:57:54] | Yes, Ashley’ll be coming home. | 是的 艾西利要回来了 |
[1:57:56] | We’ll plant more cotton. | 我们要种更多的棉花 |
[1:57:58] | Cotton ought to go sky-high next year! | 明年价钱会升得很高 |
[1:58:15] | While we were marching through Georgia. | 当我们进军乔治亚州时 |
[1:58:18] | Hurrah, hurrah! | 万岁 万岁 |
[1:58:20] | We bring the jubilee. | 我们欢呼着 |
[1:58:22] | Hurrah, hurrah! | 万岁 万岁 |
[1:58:24] | The flag that makes you free. | 胜利让你自由 |
[1:58:26] | So we sing the chorus from Atlanta to the sea. | 从亚特兰大欢呼到海边 |
[1:58:29] | While we were marching through Georgia. | 当我们进军乔治亚州时 |
[1:58:33] | Get out of the road, rebel! Get out of the way! | 让开 南方人 |
[1:58:35] | Have you room in your carriage for a dyin’ man? | 你有空位给一个垂死的人吗 |
[1:58:37] | I got no room for any Southern scum, alive or dead. | 我没有空位给南方的废物 |
[1:58:40] | Get out of the way! | 站一边去 |
[1:58:41] | I reckon he’d rather try and walk it at that. | 我想他宁愿那样走 |
[1:58:44] | Giddap! Jump, you gray-backed beggars! | 向前跑 跳 你这老乞丐 |
[1:58:47] | Act like they won the war! | 装作他们赢了战争 |
[1:58:49] | Now you come on and give me them pants, Mist’ Kennedy. | 把裤子给我 弗兰克·肯尼迪 |
[1:58:52] | Come on. | 快 |
[1:58:55] | You scrub yourself with that strong lye soap… | 在我帮你洗之前… |
[1:58:57] | before I scrubs you myself. | 你自己洗吧 |
[1:58:59] | I’m gonna put these britches in the boilin’ pot. | 我要把那些裤子放进开水罐里 |
[1:59:05] | The whole Confederate Army’s got the same trouble… | 所有南方部队士兵的衣服… |
[1:59:07] | crawlin’ clothes and dysentery. | 都满是虫子和赤痢 |
[1:59:10] | It’s humiliating how you treat Mr.Kennedy. | 你在侮辱肯尼迪先生 |
[1:59:12] | You’d be a sight more humiliated… | 如果他的虫子跑到你身上… |
[1:59:14] | if Mist’ Kennedy’s lice gets on you! | 你会更惭愧的 |
[1:59:18] | Come on, Beau. | 来 小宝贝 |
[1:59:20] | We must leave this gentleman alone… | 不要烦这位先生… |
[1:59:22] | because he’s tired and he’s hungry. | 他太累了 饿了 |
[1:59:25] | I don’t mind, ma’am. Good to see a youngster again. | 没关系 很高兴又看到小孩子 |
[1:59:27] | Nice little fellow. | 可爱的小家伙 |
[1:59:28] | Another two years of war… | 再打两年的话… |
[1:59:30] | and we could have had him with us in Cobb’s Legion. | 我们可能把他带到康布军团去 |
[1:59:33] | Were you in Cobb’s Legion? | 你以前在康布军团吗 |
[1:59:35] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 |
[1:59:36] | Why, then, you must know my husband, Major Wilkes. | 那么你一定知道我丈夫威尔克斯少校 |
[1:59:40] | Oh, yes, ma’am. | 是的 |
[1:59:41] | He was captured at Spottsylvania, I think. | 我想的话他被抓了 |
[1:59:44] | Captured! | 被抓了 |
[1:59:46] | Oh, thank heavens, then he isn’t… | 谢天谢地 他没有… |
[1:59:48] | Oh, my poor Ashley! In a Yankee prison! | 我可怜的艾西利 在囚营中 |
[1:59:51] | Melanie! | 梅勒妮 |
[1:59:52] | Yes, Scarlett, I’m coming. Come along, Beau. | 是的 斯佳丽 我来了 过来 小宝贝 |
[1:59:55] | I’ll watch out for him, ma’am. We’re good friends. | 我会照顾他 夫人 我们是朋友 |
[1:59:58] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[2:00:04] | I slave day and night… | 我日夜劳作… |
[2:00:05] | so we can have food to keep body and soul together. | 弄了足够的食物给我们 |
[2:00:07] | And you give it all away to these starving scarecrows. | 你却给了那些饿死鬼 |
[2:00:10] | I’d rather a plague of locusts around here. | 宁愿被蝗虫吃掉的 |
[2:00:12] | Don’t scold me, Scarlett, please. | 不要责怪我了 斯佳丽 |
[2:00:14] | I’ve just heard that Ashley was taken prisoner. | 我刚刚听到艾西利被抓了 |
[2:00:17] | -Ashley, a prisoner! -Yes. | -艾西利被抓了 -是的 |
[2:00:18] | And maybe if he’s alive… | 如果他还活着… |
[2:00:20] | and well he’s on some Northern road right now. | 他一定在那个北方路上 |
[2:00:23] | And maybe some Northern woman… | 也许哪个北方女人… |
[2:00:25] | is giving him a share of her dinner… | 正分一些晚餐给他… |
[2:00:26] | and helping my beloved to come back home to me. | 并且帮我亲爱的回到我身边 |
[2:00:31] | I hope so, Melly. | 但愿如此 梅勒妮 |
[2:00:33] | Miss Scarlett. | 斯佳丽 |
[2:00:37] | Miss Scarlett, I wanted to take up something with your pa… | 斯佳丽 我问你父亲事情… |
[2:00:40] | but he doesn’t seem to… | 但他似乎不… |
[2:00:42] | Perhaps I can help you. I’m head of the house now. | 问我好了 现在家里我做主了 |
[2:00:44] | Well, I, I… | 好吧 我… |
[2:00:47] | Miss Scarlett, I was aimin’ to ask for Suellen. | 斯佳丽 我打算要娶苏安琳 |
[2:00:50] | Do you mean to tell me you haven’t asked for her… | 你是说 你还没向她求过婚… |
[2:00:53] | after all these years she’s been counting on you? | 这么多年了她都指望着你呢 |
[2:00:55] | Well, I, the truth is, I’m so much older than she is, and… | 事实上 我比她大很多… |
[2:00:59] | Well, now I haven’t a cent to my name. | 而且现在身无分文 |
[2:01:01] | Who has nowadays? | 谁又有呢 这个年头 |
[2:01:03] | Miss Scarlett, if true love carries any weight with you… | 斯佳丽 如果爱情真有份量的话… |
[2:01:06] | you can be sure your sister will be rich in that. | 那你妹妹一定会得到它们 |
[2:01:09] | I’ll go out somewhere and get myself a little business… | 我会去做点小生意… |
[2:01:11] | if we’re engaged. | 当我们订婚 |
[2:01:13] | As soon as I get on my feet again… | 而且当我成功时… |
[2:01:14] | All right, Frank. I’m sure I can speak for Pa. | 好吧 弗兰克 我代表父亲答应 |
[2:01:17] | You go ask her now. | 你现在去问她吧 |
[2:01:19] | Oh, thank you, Miss Scarlett. | 谢谢你 斯佳丽 |
[2:01:25] | Excuse me, excuse me. | 对不起 对不起 |
[2:01:29] | Scarlett, what seems to be the trouble with Mr.Kennedy? | 斯佳丽 弗兰克先生怎么了 |
[2:01:32] | More trouble than he guesses. | 麻烦比他想像的还多 |
[2:01:34] | He has finally asked for Suellen’s hand. | 他终于向苏安琳求婚了 |
[2:01:36] | Oh, I’m so glad. | 我真高兴 |
[2:01:38] | It’s a pity he can’t marry her now… | 只可惜他现在不能娶她… |
[2:01:40] | At least, there’d be one less mouth to feed. | 至少 那样就少一个人吃饭 |
[2:01:46] | Oh, another one. | 又来一个 |
[2:01:48] | I hope this one isn’t hungry. | 希望他并不饿 |
[2:01:49] | He’ll be hungry. | 他会饿的 |
[2:01:51] | I’ll tell Prissy to get an extra plate | 我去多弄一个盘子 |
[2:02:05] | Ashley! | 艾西利 |
[2:02:08] | Ashley! | 艾西利 |
[2:02:11] | Darling! | 亲爱的 |
[2:02:22] | Miss Scarlett! Don’t spoil it, Miss Scarlett. | 斯佳丽 不要煞风景 |
[2:02:25] | Turn me loose, you fool! Turn me loose, it’s Ashley! | 松开我 你个笨蛋 松开 那是艾西利 |
[2:02:28] | He’s her husband, ain’t he? | 那可是她的丈夫 |
[2:02:43] | -Miss Scarlett, ma’am. -High time you got back. | -斯佳丽小姐 -你回来的真是时候 |
[2:02:45] | -Did you get the horse shod? -Yes, sir.He shod all right. | -给马装好铁蹄了吗 -是的 装了 |
[2:02:48] | Fine thing when a horse can get shoes and humans can’t… | 马有鞋穿而人没得穿… |
[2:02:50] | Here, stir this soap. | 真是好笑的事情 |
[2:02:52] | Yes, ma’am. Miss Scarlett, ma’am. | 是的 斯佳丽小姐 |
[2:02:54] | I gotta know how much money have you got left, in gold. | 我必须知道你还剩多少金币 |
[2:02:57] | Ten dollars. Why? | 十块钱 怎么了 |
[2:03:00] | That won’t be enough. | 那还不够 |
[2:03:02] | What in heaven’s name are you talking about? | 你提到的那该死的叫什么的 |
[2:03:04] | Well, Miss Scarlett, I see’d that old… | 我看到那个无用的… |
[2:03:06] | no-count white-trash Wilkerson… | 北佬威尔克森 |
[2:03:08] | that used to be Mr.Gerald’s overseer here. | 他以前是杰拉尔德的工头 |
[2:03:11] | He’s a regular Yankee now, and he was makin’ a brag… | 他在吹牛他有北佬的关系… |
[2:03:15] | that his carpetbagger friends done run… | 他说他们提高了… |
[2:03:17] | the taxes way up sky-high on Tara. | 塔拉庄园的税金 |
[2:03:20] | But how much more have we got to pay? | 那提高了多少 |
[2:03:21] | I hear’d the tax man say $300. | 我听他说提高到三百元 |
[2:03:25] | Three hundred! | 三百元 |
[2:03:27] | Might just as well be $3 million. | 最好是三百万算了 |
[2:03:30] | But we gotta raise it, that’s all. | 但我们必须弄到那些钱 |
[2:03:32] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 |
[2:03:33] | How? | 如何弄 |
[2:03:36] | I’ll go ask Mr.Ashley. | 我会问艾西利先生的 |
[2:03:38] | Oh, he ain’t got no $300, Miss Scarlett. | 他没有三百元 小姐 |
[2:03:40] | Well, I can ask him if I want to, can’t I? | 我可以问他 不可以吗 |
[2:03:45] | Askin’ ain’t gettin’. | 问又有什么用 |
[2:03:56] | Ashley! | 艾西利 |
[2:03:58] | They say Abe Lincoln got his start splitting rails. | 他们说林肯砍过木材 |
[2:04:02] | Just think what I may do once I get the knack. | 一旦我会那劲道儿 我也会爬到那个地位 |
[2:04:06] | The Yankees want $300 more in taxes. | 北佬还要征三百元的税 |
[2:04:10] | What shall we do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[2:04:12] | Ashley, what’s to become of us? | 艾西利 我们会变成什么样子 |
[2:04:15] | What becomes of people when their civilization breaks up? | 当文明破灭时 人们会怎样 |
[2:04:19] | Those who have brains and courage come through all right. | 有勇气的会渡过难关的 |
[2:04:22] | Those that haven’t are winnowed out. | 没有勇气的就被淘汰 |
[2:04:23] | For heaven’s sake, Ashley… | 天呀… |
[2:04:25] | don’t stand there talking nonsense at me… | 你还在讲哲理… |
[2:04:27] | when it’s us who are being winnowed out. | 我们要被淘汰了 |
[2:04:29] | You’re right, Scarlett. | 你说得对 斯佳丽 |
[2:04:31] | Here I am talking tommy-rot about civilization… | 我正在讲关于文明的烂面包… |
[2:04:34] | when your Tara’s in danger. | 是在塔拉庄园危急之时 |
[2:04:36] | You’ve come to me for help, and I’ve no help to give you. | 你需要帮忙 而我却爱莫能助 |
[2:04:39] | Oh, Scarlett, I… | 斯佳丽… |
[2:04:41] | I’m a coward. | 我是个懦夫 |
[2:04:43] | You, Ashley, a coward? | 你艾西利 懦夫 |
[2:04:46] | What are you afraid of? | 你怕什么呢 |
[2:04:48] | Oh, mostly of life becoming too real for me, I suppose. | 怕生活变化太大 我想 |
[2:04:52] | Not that I mind splitting rails… | 我并不在乎砍材… |
[2:04:55] | but I do mind very much losing the beauty of that life I loved. | 但我很在乎我爱惜的美丽生命 |
[2:05:02] | If the war hadn’t come… | 如果战争没来的话… |
[2:05:04] | I’d have spent my life happily buried at Twelve Oaks. | 我会很平静地在十二橡园过 |
[2:05:07] | But the war did come. | 但战争真的来了 |
[2:05:09] | I saw my boyhood friends blown to bits. | 我见到我的朋友死亡 |
[2:05:12] | I saw men crumple up in agony when I shot them. | 我看到我枪杀的人临死痛苦样子 |
[2:05:16] | And now I find myself in a world… | 而现在我迷失在… |
[2:05:17] | which for me is worse than death. | 一个无知世界里 |
[2:05:21] | A world in which there’s no place for me. | 一个没有我容身的世界 |
[2:05:25] | I can never make you understand… | 我无法让你了解… |
[2:05:26] | because you don’t know the meaning of fear. | 你不明白恐惧的真正情形 |
[2:05:28] | You never mind facing realities… | 你不在乎面对事实… |
[2:05:32] | and you never want to escape from them as I do. | 你不像我那样想逃避它们 |
[2:05:38] | Escape? | 逃避 |
[2:05:40] | Oh, Ashley, you’re wrong. | 艾西利你错了 |
[2:05:42] | I do want to escape too. | 我也想逃避 |
[2:05:45] | I’m so very tired of it all. I’ve struggled for food and for money. | 我对它也厌烦透了 我为食物和钱拼命 |
[2:05:49] | I’ve weeded and hoed and picked cotton… | 我曾经除草采棉… |
[2:05:51] | until I can’t stand it another minute. | 直到我无法忍受为止 |
[2:05:53] | I tell you, Ashley, the South is dead. It’s dead. | 我告诉你 艾西利 南方成为过去了 |
[2:05:56] | The Yankees and the carpetbaggers… | 北方胜了… |
[2:05:58] | have got it and there’s nothing left for us. | 我们一无所有了 |
[2:06:02] | Oh, Ashley… | 艾西利… |
[2:06:04] | let’s run away. | 我们走吧 |
[2:06:06] | We’d go to Mexico. | 我们可以去墨西哥 |
[2:06:07] | They want officers in the Mexican Army… | 墨西哥军队需要军官… |
[2:06:08] | We could be so happy there. | 我们可以很快乐 |
[2:06:10] | I’d work for you, I’d do anything for you… | 我愿为你做任何事… |
[2:06:12] | You know you don’t love Melanie. | 而你并不爱梅勒妮 |
[2:06:14] | You told me you loved me that day at Twelve Oaks. | 那天在十二橡园你说你爱我 |
[2:06:16] | And anyway, Melanie can’t… | 但梅勒妮不能… |
[2:06:19] | Dr.Meade told me she couldn’t have any more children… | 米笛大夫说她不能再生了… |
[2:06:21] | and I could give you… | 而我可以… |
[2:06:22] | Can’t we ever forget that day at Twelve Oaks? | 我们可以忘掉那天吗 |
[2:06:24] | Do you think I could ever forget it? Have you forgotten it? | 你想我忘得掉吗 你已经忘记了吗 |
[2:06:27] | Can you honestly say you don’t love me? | 你是爱我的 不是吗 |
[2:06:31] | -No.I don’t love you. -It’s a lie! | -不 我不爱你 -你说谎 |
[2:06:33] | Even if it is, do you think I’d leave… | 就算我爱你 你认为我会遗弃… |
[2:06:35] | Melanie and the baby, break Melanie’s heart? | 梅勒妮和孩子 伤她的心吗 |
[2:06:38] | You couldn’t leave your father and the girls. | 而且你也不能离开你父亲和妹妹 |
[2:06:40] | I could leave them.I’m sick of them. I’m tired of them. | 我可以的 我受够了而且厌烦 |
[2:06:42] | Yes, you’re sick and tired. That’s why you’re talking this way. | 是呀 你受够了 因此你才这样说话 |
[2:06:47] | You’ve carried the load for all of us… | 你把一切都担下来了… |
[2:06:49] | but from now on I’m going to be more help to you, I promise. | 而现在我要帮你 我保证 |
[2:06:52] | There’s only one way you can help me. | 只有一个办法可以帮我 |
[2:06:55] | Take me away. | 带我走 |
[2:06:56] | There’s nothing to keep us here. | 没有任何事可以阻止我们 |
[2:07:00] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[2:07:03] | Nothing except honor. | 除了尊严没什么 |
[2:07:17] | Oh, please, Scarlett. | 斯佳丽 |
[2:07:19] | Please, dear, you mustn’t cry. | 亲爱的 别哭了 |
[2:07:21] | You mustn’t. | 不要哭了 |
[2:07:23] | Please, my brave dear, you mustn’t plead. | 亲爱的 坚强点 |
[2:07:38] | You do love me, you do love me. | 你爱我的 你爱我的 |
[2:07:41] | -Say it, say it. -Don’t, don’t. | -说吧 说吧 -不 不 |
[2:07:43] | You love me, you love me. | 你爱我 你爱我的 |
[2:07:45] | We won’t do this, I tell you. It won’t happen again. | 我们不可这样 不能再这样 |
[2:07:47] | I’m going to take Melanie and the baby, and go. | 我要带梅勒妮和孩子离开 |
[2:07:49] | Say it, you love me. | 说你爱我 |
[2:07:51] | All right, I’ll say it. I love your courage and your stubbornness. | 好 我说 我爱你的勇气和固执 |
[2:07:54] | So much that I could… | 它们几乎让我… |
[2:07:56] | have forgotten the best wife a man ever had. | 忘了我那好太太 |
[2:07:58] | But, Scarlett, I’m not going to forget her. | 但我不会忘掉她的 |
[2:08:10] | Then there’s nothing left for me. | 那么就没有我的份了 |
[2:08:14] | Nothing to fight for. | 没有好争的 |
[2:08:17] | Nothing to live for. | 没有什么好寄望的 |
[2:08:21] | Yes, there is something. | 有 有样东西 |
[2:08:24] | Something you love better than me… | 有样你比我更爱的… |
[2:08:27] | though you may not know it. | 虽然你并不知道 |
[2:08:35] | Tara! | 塔拉庄园 |
[2:08:40] | Yes, I… | 是的 我… |
[2:08:43] | I still have this. | 我仍然有这个 |
[2:08:50] | You needn’t go. | 你们没有必要走 |
[2:08:52] | I won’t have you all starve simply… | 我不让你们挨饿… |
[2:08:54] | because I threw myself at your head. | 就因为我原想委身于你 |
[2:08:57] | It won’t happen again. | 不会再这样了 |
[2:09:27] | -Why, it’s Emmy Slattery. -Yes, ma’am, it’s me. | -是艾美·沙拉特瑞 -是 是我 |
[2:09:29] | Stop! | 站住 |
[2:09:30] | You haven’t forgotten your old overseer, have you? | 你没忘掉你们的老工头吧 |
[2:09:34] | Well, Emmy’s Mrs.Wilkerson now. | 艾美是威尔克森夫人了 |
[2:09:36] | Get off those steps, you trashy wench! Get off this land! | 你这下流货 滚出这里 |
[2:09:40] | You can’t speak that way to my wife. | 你不能这样对我夫人讲话 |
[2:09:41] | Wife! High time you made her your wife. | 夫人 娶的还真是时候 |
[2:09:44] | Who baptized your other brats after you killed my mother? | 是谁给你那些小杂种洗礼的 你害死我母亲 |
[2:09:47] | We came out here to pay a friendly call and… | 我们以老朋友身份来造访的… |
[2:09:49] | talk a little business with old friends. | 另外来谈点生意 |
[2:09:52] | Friends! When were we ever friends with the likes of you? | 朋友 我们不跟下流货为友 |
[2:09:54] | Still high and mighty, ain’t you? Well, I know all about you. | 很傲是吗 我对你很了解 |
[2:09:58] | I know your father’s turned idiot. | 我知道你父亲疯了 |
[2:09:59] | You can’t pay your taxes. | 你付不出税金 |
[2:10:01] | And I come here to offer to buy the place from you… | 而我来接手买下这个地方… |
[2:10:04] | to make you a right good offer. | 给你个高价 |
[2:10:06] | Emmy’s had a hankerin’ to live here. | 艾美想住这儿 |
[2:10:07] | Get off this place, you dirty Yankee. | 滚出去 你这下流的北佬 |
[2:10:09] | You high-flyin’ Irish will find out… | 你这高傲的爱尔兰人… |
[2:10:11] | who’s runnin’ things around here… | 你会知道谁会主宰这里… |
[2:10:12] | when you get sold out for taxes. | 你会为税金卖了这的 |
[2:10:14] | I’ll buy this place lock, stock and barrel and I’ll live in it. | 我会买这里所有一切 我会住到这里的 |
[2:10:17] | But I’ll wait for the sheriff’s sale. | 我会等着拍卖的 |
[2:10:19] | That’s all of Tara you’ll ever get! | 这给你足够了 |
[2:10:23] | You’ll be sorry for that. | 你会后悔的 |
[2:10:33] | We’ll be back! | 我们还会回来 |
[2:10:35] | I’ll show you who the owner of Tara is. | 我会让你看看谁是塔拉庄园的主人 |
[2:10:43] | Pa, come back! | 爸 回来 |
[2:10:47] | Pa, come back! | 爸 回来 |
[2:10:49] | Pa! | 爸 |
[2:10:51] | Yankee coward! | 懦弱的北佬 |
[2:11:01] | Pa! | 爸 |
[2:11:22] | Lordsy, Miss Scarlett. That’s Mr.Gerald’s watch. | 斯佳丽小姐 那是杰拉尔德先生的表 |
[2:11:26] | You take it.It’s for you. Pa’d want you to have it. | 拿去吧 爸会想让你拥有它的 |
[2:11:29] | You ain’t got no business partin’ from this watch now… | 但你可以利用这个表… |
[2:11:31] | Miss Scarlett. | 斯佳丽小姐 |
[2:11:32] | You needs all your valuables to sell for that tax money. | 你需要变卖 所有价值的东西去付税金的 |
[2:11:36] | Do you think I’d sell Pa’s watch? | 你想我会卖掉爸的表吗 |
[2:11:40] | And don’t cry. | 不要哭了 |
[2:11:42] | I can stand everybody’s tears but yours. | 我就是不忍心看你哭 |
[2:11:49] | Oh, Mammy, Mammy. | 保姆 保姆 |
[2:11:56] | You been brave so long, Miss Scarlett… | 你必须要保持坚强… |
[2:11:58] | you just gotta go on bein’ brave. | 你会变得坚强的 |
[2:12:01] | Think about your pa like he used to be. | 想想你父亲以前的样子 |
[2:12:03] | I can’t think about Pa. | 我不能想到爸 |
[2:12:05] | I can’t think of anything but that $300. | 其他我什么都不能想 除了那三百元 |
[2:12:07] | Ain’t no good thinkin’ about that, Miss Scarlett. | 想那也没用 斯佳丽小姐 |
[2:12:09] | Ain’t nobody got that much money. | 没人有那么多钱的 |
[2:12:12] | Nobody but Yankees and… | 现在除了北佬… |
[2:12:14] | scalawags got that much money now. | 和流氓无赖有钱 |
[2:12:18] | Rhett! | 瑞德 |
[2:12:19] | Who that? A Yankee? | 谁 北佬吗 |
[2:12:24] | Oh, Mammy, I’m so thin and pale and… | 保姆 我又瘦又苍白… |
[2:12:30] | I haven’t any clothes. | 而且我也没衣服穿 |
[2:12:41] | Scoot up to the attic and get down Ma’s… | 去拿衣服样子… |
[2:12:42] | old box of dress patterns. | 的箱子来 |
[2:12:44] | What you up to with Miss Ellen’s portieres? | 你要用埃伦太太的窗帘做什么 |
[2:12:46] | You’ll make me a new dress. | 你帮我做件新衣服 |
[2:12:47] | Not with Miss Ellen’s portieres. Not while I got breath in me. | 没有人用窗布做衣服 只要我在就不行 |
[2:12:50] | Great balls of fire! They’re my portieres now. | 真讨厌 现在是我的了 |
[2:12:53] | I’m going to Atlanta for that $300… | 我要去亚特兰大找那三百元… |
[2:12:54] | and I’ve got to go looking like a queen. | 我应该穿的像个王后 |
[2:12:56] | -Who goin’ to Atlanta with you? -I’m going alone. | -谁和你一起去 -我一个人会去 |
[2:12:59] | That’s what you think. I’s goin’ to Atlanta with you. | 不能没人陪你去 我跟你去亚特兰大 |
[2:13:01] | With you and that new dress. | 给你做好新衣服 |
[2:13:03] | Now, Mammy, darling. | 亲爱的保姆 |
[2:13:04] | No use to try to sweet-talk me, Miss Scarlett. | 少跟我甜言蜜语 斯佳丽小姐 |
[2:13:06] | I’s knowed you since I put the first pair of diapers on you. | 从给你换第一块尿布起我就一直看着你 |
[2:13:09] | I said I’s goin’ to Atlanta with you, and goin’ I is. | 我说我要去的 就要去 |
[2:13:12] | Kings and traes, huh? Too good for me, Major! | 国王 太好了 少校 |
[2:13:16] | Pity we couldn’t have fought the war out in a poker game. | 可惜不能在纸牌游戏里决斗 |
[2:13:19] | You’d have done better than General Grant with far less effort. | 你比格兰特将军做的更好了 |
[2:13:22] | What is it, Corporal? | 什么事 下士 |
[2:13:23] | Sir, there’s a lady to see Captain Butler. Says she’s his sister. | 有位女士要见巴特勒船长 她说她是他的妹妹 |
[2:13:27] | Another sister? | 又一位妹妹 |
[2:13:28] | This is a jail, not a harem, Captain Butler. | 这里是监狱 可不是闺房 巴特勒船长 |
[2:13:31] | No, Major, she ain’t one of those. | 不 将军 她不一样 |
[2:13:33] | This one’s got her mammy with her. | 这位带了保姆来 |
[2:13:35] | She has? | 她是 |
[2:13:38] | I’d like to see this one, Major, without her mammy. | 我想见这位 但不要见她保姆 |
[2:13:43] | Let’s see, my losses for the afternoon come to what? | 我看看今天总共输多少 |
[2:13:48] | Three hundred and forty. | 三百四十元 |
[2:13:50] | My debts do mount up, don’t they, Major? | 我的债越来越高了 不是吗 少校 |
[2:13:53] | All right, Corporal. | 好 下士 |
[2:13:54] | Show Captain Butler’s sister to his cell. | 带巴特勒船长的妹妹到他的房间来 |
[2:13:58] | Thank you, Major.Excuse me, gentlemen. | 谢谢 少校 失陪了 |
[2:14:05] | It’s hard to be strict with a man… | 对一位输得起的人… |
[2:14:06] | who loses money so pleasantly. | 实在是凶不起来 |
[2:14:10] | -Rhett! -Scarlett! | -瑞德 -斯佳丽 |
[2:14:13] | My dear little sister. | 我亲爱的小妹妹 |
[2:14:17] | It’s all right, Corporal… | 没事了 下士… |
[2:14:19] | My sister has brought me no files or saws. | 我妹妹没带工具或锯子给我 |
[2:14:26] | Can I really kiss you now? | 我可以亲你吗 |
[2:14:28] | On the forehead like a good brother. | 只能亲额头 像个大哥 |
[2:14:30] | No, thanks. I’ll wait and hope for better things. | 不了 谢谢 我等着期望更好的事 |
[2:14:33] | Oh, Rhett, I was so distressed when I heard you were in jail. | 瑞德 当我听说 你被北佬关起来 我非常难过 |
[2:14:36] | I simply couldn’t sleep for thinking. | 我简直不能入睡 |
[2:14:39] | It’s not true, they’re going to hang you? | 他们真的要吊死你吗 |
[2:14:41] | Would you be sorry? | 你会悲伤吗 |
[2:14:42] | -Oh, Rhett! -Well, don’t worry, yet. | -瑞德 -别担心了 |
[2:14:45] | They have plotted some charge against me… | 他们原本计划控告我… |
[2:14:46] | but they’re really after my money. | 但他们只想要我的钱 |
[2:14:48] | They think I made off with the Confederate Treasury. | 他们认为我是金库 |
[2:14:50] | Well, did you? | 是吗 |
[2:14:52] | What a leading question. | 问得好 |
[2:14:54] | But let’s not talk about sordid things like money. | 但现在不要谈钱的事 |
[2:14:56] | How good of you to come and see me… | 你来真好… |
[2:14:58] | And how pretty you look. | 你看起来好美 |
[2:14:59] | Oh, Rhett, how you do run on… | 瑞德 你怎么可以这样… |
[2:15:01] | teasing a country girl like me. | 戏弄像我这样的乡下女孩 |
[2:15:03] | Thank heavens you’re not in rags… | 感谢上帝你没穿破衣服… |
[2:15:04] | I’m tired of seeing women in rags. | 我看厌了女人穿破衣服 |
[2:15:06] | Turn around. | 转一圈 |
[2:15:08] | Marvelous! You look good enough to eat. And prosperous, too. | 你看起来不错 而且有钱的样子 |
[2:15:11] | Thank you, I’ve been doing very well. | 谢谢你 我真的很好 |
[2:15:12] | Everybody’s doing well at Tara, only… | 我在塔拉庄园生活得不错… |
[2:15:14] | I got so bored I just thought I’d treat myself to a visit to town. | 因为我无聊 所以到城里来 |
[2:15:17] | You’re a heartless creature. But that’s part of your charm. | 你可真无情 不过那也是你的魅力 |
[2:15:20] | You know you’ve got more charm than the law allows. | 你知道你比放我出去更诱人 |
[2:15:22] | Now I didn’t come here to talk silliness about me, Rhett. | 我来这不是听你说这愚蠢的话 |
[2:15:25] | I came because I was so miserable at the thought… | 当我听说你有麻烦时… |
[2:15:27] | of you in trouble. | 我很难过 |
[2:15:28] | I was mad at you the night you left me… | 那晚你把我留在去塔拉庄园的路上… |
[2:15:30] | on the road to Tara… | 我真的快疯掉了 |
[2:15:31] | and I still haven’t forgiven you. | 你可别想我会原谅你 |
[2:15:33] | Oh, Scarlett, don’t say that. | 斯佳丽 别说那了 |
[2:15:35] | Well, I must admit I might not be alive, now, only for you. | 但我承认如果没有你 我现在可能不会活着 |
[2:15:39] | And when I think of myself with everything… | 而当我想到自己… |
[2:15:41] | I could possibly hope for… | 多么幸运无忧… |
[2:15:43] | and not a care in the world, and you here in this horrid jail… | 而你却在这可怕的监狱里… |
[2:15:47] | and not even a human jail, Rhett, a horse jail. | 根本不是人的监狱 而是马的监狱 |
[2:15:51] | Oh, listen to me trying to make jokes when… | 听我说 我在说笑… |
[2:15:54] | when I really want to cry. | 其实我真想哭 |
[2:15:56] | In a minute I shall cry. | 我就想哭 |
[2:16:01] | Scarlett, can it be possible that… | 斯佳丽 是不是可能… |
[2:16:05] | Can what be possible, Rhett? | 可能什么 瑞德 |
[2:16:07] | That you’ve grown a woman’s heart, a real woman’s heart? | 你有了一个心了 一个真正女人的心 |
[2:16:11] | I have, Rhett. I know I have. | 我有的 瑞德 我知道我有 |
[2:16:16] | You know, it’s worth being in jail just to hear you say that. | 在监狱里听到那个是值得安慰的 |
[2:16:21] | It’s well worth it. | 真值得的 |
[2:16:27] | You can drop the moonlight and magnolias, Scarlett. | 你可别再装了 斯佳丽 |
[2:16:30] | So things have been going well at Tara, have they? | 你在塔拉庄园生活的不错吗 |
[2:16:32] | What have you done with your hands? | 你的手怎么了 |
[2:16:34] | I went riding last week without my gloves. | 上星期骑马没戴手套 |
[2:16:36] | These don’t belong to a lady… | 这可不像一个小姐… |
[2:16:37] | You’ve worked with them like a field hand. | 你一直工作得像个田工 |
[2:16:39] | Why did you lie? What are you up to? | 你为什么要说谎 你在搞什么鬼 |
[2:16:41] | In another minute I’d have believed you cared something. | 而我差点就相信你在关心我 |
[2:16:44] | But I do care. | 但是我是关心你 |
[2:16:45] | Suppose we get down to the truth. | 说实话好吗 |
[2:16:46] | You want something from me badly enough… | 你是有求于我… |
[2:16:48] | to put on quite a show in your velvets. | 穿着一件天鹅绒衣服给我看 |
[2:16:51] | What is it? Money? | 是什么 钱吗 |
[2:16:53] | I want $300 to pay the taxes on Tara. | 我要三百元付税金 |
[2:16:56] | I did lie to you when I said everything was all right. | 瑞德 我的确撒谎 说我生活很好 |
[2:16:59] | Things are just as bad as they possibly could be… | 其实坏的很… |
[2:17:01] | And you’ve got millions, Rhett. | 你有数百万 瑞德 |
[2:17:04] | What collateral are you offering? | 你有什么抵押品 |
[2:17:06] | -My earbobs. -Not interested. | -我的耳环 -没兴趣 |
[2:17:08] | -A mortgage on Tara. -What would I do with a farm? | -塔拉庄园作为抵押 -农场对我没有什么用 |
[2:17:10] | You wouldn’t lose. I’d pay you back out of next year’s cotton. | 你不能错过 我会用明年的棉花偿还 |
[2:17:12] | Not good enough. Have you nothing better? | 不要 你还有更好的吗 |
[2:17:17] | You once said you loved me. | 你曾经说过你爱我 |
[2:17:20] | If you still love me, Rhett… | 如果你还爱我 瑞德 |
[2:17:22] | You haven’t forgotten that I’m not a marrying man. | 你忘记我说过我是不结婚的 |
[2:17:25] | No, I haven’t forgotten. | 没有 没忘记 |
[2:17:33] | You’re not worth $300. | 你不值三百元 |
[2:17:36] | You’ll never mean anything but misery to any man. | 你只会给男人带来痛苦 |
[2:17:39] | Go on, insult me. | 说吧 侮辱我吧 |
[2:17:40] | I don’t care what you say, only give me the money. | 我不在乎你说什么 只要给我钱 |
[2:17:42] | I won’t let Tara go.I can’t let it go… | 我不会放弃塔拉庄园的… |
[2:17:44] | while there’s a breath left in my body. | 只要我还有一口气 |
[2:17:46] | Oh, Rhett. | 瑞德 |
[2:17:48] | Won’t you please give me the money? | 请你给我钱好吗 |
[2:17:49] | I couldn’t give you the money if I wanted to. | 就算我想 也没办法给你 |
[2:17:52] | My funds are in Liverpool, not in Atlanta. | 我的钱在利物浦 不在亚特兰大 |
[2:17:54] | If I tried drawing a draft… | 如果我开一张支票… |
[2:17:56] | the Yankees’d be on me like a duck on a June bug. | 北佬会逮住我的 |
[2:17:58] | So you see, my dear, you’ve abased yourself to no purpose. | 因此 亲爱的 你也徒劳无获 |
[2:18:04] | Here, here, here, stop it! | 好了 好了 别这样 |
[2:18:07] | Want the Yankees to see you like this? | 北佬会这样看着你吗 |
[2:18:09] | Take your hands off me, you skunk. | 把手拿开 你这臭东西 |
[2:18:11] | You knew what I was going to say before I started. | 你早就知道我要说什么了 |
[2:18:13] | You knew you wouldn’t lend me… | 你没钱… |
[2:18:15] | the money and yet you let me go on. | 还让我一直哀求 |
[2:18:17] | I enjoyed hearing what you had to say. | 我喜欢听你那样说 |
[2:18:19] | Cheer up. You can come to my hanging… | 高兴点吧 参加我的绞刑… |
[2:18:20] | and I’ll remember you in my will. | 我会把你记在心里 |
[2:18:22] | I’ll come to your hanging. The only thing I’m afraid of… | 我会去的 但是唯一我担心的事情… |
[2:18:25] | is that they won’t hang you in time to pay the taxes on Tara. | 我只怕他们绞死你之前 我来不及付税金了 |
[2:18:35] | Tell him Belle Watlin’. | 告诉他 贝尔·华丹宁 |
[2:18:37] | Where you been lately? Thought you deserted Captain Butler. | 你最近在哪里 以为你抛弃了巴特勒船长 |
[2:18:39] | Oh, I keep myself occupied. Help me out. | 我一直忙着 帮我出去 |
[2:18:51] | Who that? I ain’t never see’d hair that color before in my life. | 她是谁 我没见过那种头发颜色 |
[2:18:55] | Does you know a dyed-hair woman? | 你认识那风骚货吗 |
[2:18:57] | I wish I did know that one. She’d get my money for me. | 但愿我认识 她会为我弄到钱 |
[2:19:02] | No matter what they done to you in that jail… | 我真不明白你为何到牢里 |
[2:19:05] | they didn’t do no more than you deserve… | 能见那下流白人… |
[2:19:06] | for visitin’ white trash in a jail! | 他们没再惩罚你 |
[2:19:16] | Fresh and green. | 年轻而精力旺盛 |
[2:19:17] | Right off the farm. | 立刻离开农场 |
[2:19:18] | Hey, what are you doin’ tonight, Susy? | 今晚做什么 苏西 |
[2:19:20] | That’s one of them Georgia peaches. | 那是乔治亚州甜妞 |
[2:19:22] | There’s nothing like that in Ohio. | 在俄亥俄可见不到像她那样的 |
[2:19:24] | -You know what we’re going to do? -What? | -你知道你在做什么吗 -什么 |
[2:19:26] | We’re going to give every last one of you 40 acres and a mule! | 我们在分给每一骡子四十亩地 |
[2:19:29] | -And a mule? -Forty acres and a mule! | -骡子 -每个骡子四十亩地 |
[2:19:33] | ‘Cause we’re your friends… | 因为我们是你们的朋友… |
[2:19:35] | and you’re gonna become voters… | 而你们可以投票 |
[2:19:37] | and you’re gonna vote like your friends do! | 你们就跟你们朋友一样投票 |
[2:19:41] | What’s your hurry, sister? | 你在急什么 妹子 |
[2:19:43] | What’s come over this here town? | 什么来了这儿了 |
[2:19:44] | Yankees have come over it… | 是北佬来了这里… |
[2:19:46] | Same as they’ve come over all of us. | 他们侵占了我们所有 |
[2:19:50] | Out of our way, trash! | 让开 废物 |
[2:19:52] | Get out of the way here. | 让开 |
[2:19:53] | Get away! Go on! | 走开 走开 |
[2:20:03] | Surely it can’t be Miss Scarlett! | 那不会是斯佳丽小姐 |
[2:20:05] | -Why Frank Kennedy! -And Mammy! | -弗兰克·肯尼迪 -保姆 |
[2:20:07] | It sure is good to see home folks. | 看到同乡真是太好了 |
[2:20:09] | I didn’t know you were in Atlanta. | 我不知道你也在亚特兰大 |
[2:20:10] | I didn’t know you were. | 我也不知道呀 |
[2:20:12] | Didn’t Miss Suellen tell you about my store? | 苏安琳没告诉你我开店吗 |
[2:20:14] | Did she? I don’t remember. Have you a store? | 我不记得 你开店了吗 |
[2:20:18] | Won’t you come in, and look around a bit? | 你要进来参观一下吗 |
[2:20:29] | I don’t suppose it looks like much to a lady, but… | 也许看起来不怎么样 |
[2:20:32] | I can’t help being proud of it. | 但我很引以为傲 |
[2:20:34] | You’re not making money? | 你没挣什么钱吗 |
[2:20:36] | Well, I can’t complain. In fact, I’m mighty encouraged. | 我也并不抱怨 事实上 我很有信心 |
[2:20:40] | Folks tell me I’m just a born merchant. | 他们说我是一个天生的商人 |
[2:20:42] | It won’t be long now before Miss Suellen and I can marry. | 苏安琳和我结婚的日子不远了 |
[2:20:45] | Are you doing as well as all that? | 生意好到可以结婚了吗 |
[2:20:47] | Yes, I am, Miss Scarlett. | 是的 斯佳丽 |
[2:20:49] | I’m no millionaire yet… | 虽然不是百万富翁… |
[2:20:51] | but I’ve cleared $1, 000 already. | 但也有一千元了 |
[2:20:53] | And lumber too. | 还有木材 |
[2:20:54] | Well… | 那… |
[2:20:56] | that’s only a sideline. | 那只是副业罢了 |
[2:20:57] | A sideline, Frank? | 副业 弗兰克 |
[2:20:59] | With all the good Georgia pine around Atlanta… | 这里有那么多房子要盖… |
[2:21:01] | and all this building going on? | 会用到好松木的 |
[2:21:03] | Well, all that takes money, Miss Scarlett… | 所有这些都会赚钱 斯佳丽… |
[2:21:07] | and I’ve got to be thinking about buying a home. | 我已经想好了买间房子 |
[2:21:09] | What do you want a home for? | 你为了什么买房子 |
[2:21:11] | For Miss Suellen and me to set up housekeeping. | 为苏安琳和我能有个家 |
[2:21:13] | Here in Atlanta. You’d want to bring her… | 在亚特兰大吗… |
[2:21:15] | to Atlanta, wouldn’t you? | 你要带她到亚特兰大 |
[2:21:17] | There wouldn’t be much help in that for Tara. | 那对塔拉庄园也没帮助的 |
[2:21:20] | I don’t rightly know what you mean, Miss Scarlett. | 我不明白你的意思 斯佳丽 |
[2:21:23] | I don’t mean a thing. | 没什么意思 |
[2:21:25] | Frank, how’d you like to drive me out to my Aunt Pitty’s? | 你愿意送我到我琵蒂姑妈那吗 |
[2:21:29] | Nothing would give me more pleasure, Miss Scarlett. | 没有比这更荣幸的 斯佳丽 |
[2:21:31] | You’d better stay to supper, too. | 你最好留下吃晚饭 |
[2:21:33] | I’m sure Aunt Pitty’d be agreeable… | 琵蒂姑妈肯定很高兴的… |
[2:21:35] | and I’d like a good long visit with you. | 我很想你多留一会儿 |
[2:21:37] | Oh, you act on me just like a tonic, Miss Scarlett. | 你给我带来很大鼓舞 |
[2:21:41] | And will you tell me all the news… | 你可以告诉我关于… |
[2:21:43] | all the news of Miss Suellen? | 关于苏安琳的事吗 |
[2:21:48] | What’s the matter, Miss Scarlett? | 怎么了 斯佳丽 |
[2:21:49] | Miss Suellen’s not ill, is she? | 苏安琳没病吧 |
[2:21:51] | Oh, no, no. | 没有 没有 |
[2:21:53] | I thought surely she had written you. | 我以为她给你写过信 |
[2:21:55] | I guess she was ashamed to write you. | 我想她不好意思写吧 |
[2:21:57] | She should be ashamed. | 她应该感到不好意思的 |
[2:21:58] | Oh, how awful to have such a mean sister. | 真不好意思有这种妹妹 |
[2:22:01] | You must tell me, Miss Scarlett… | 你得告诉我 斯佳丽… |
[2:22:03] | Don’t leave me on tenterhooks. | 别让我提心吊胆的 |
[2:22:05] | Well, she’s going to marry one of the county boys next month. | 下个月她就要嫁别人了 |
[2:22:10] | She just got tired of waiting… | 她等的有点不耐烦了… |
[2:22:11] | and was afraid she’d be an old maid and… | 担心自己嫁不出去… |
[2:22:13] | Oh, I’m sorry to be the one to tell you. | 不好意思告诉你这些 |
[2:22:17] | Oh, it’s colder. I left my muff at home. | 冷起来了 我把保暖套忘在家里了 |
[2:22:20] | Would you mind if I put my hand in your pocket? | 你介意我把手放你口袋吗 |
[2:22:39] | But, Melanie, you don’t realize what she’s done. | 梅勒妮 你不了解她所做的 |
[2:22:42] | She’s gone and married my Mr.Kennedy. | 她嫁给我的肯尼迪了 |
[2:22:44] | He’s my beau, and she’s gone and married him. | 他是我的情人 而她却要嫁给他 |
[2:22:47] | She did it to save Tara… | 她那样做是为了拯救塔拉庄园… |
[2:22:48] | you must understand that. | 你必须明白这个 |
[2:22:49] | I hate Tara! | 我恨塔拉庄园 |
[2:22:50] | And I hate Scarlett… | 我恨斯佳丽… |
[2:22:52] | She’s the only thing I hate worse than Tara. | 她比塔拉庄园更可恨 |
[2:22:58] | It’s all my fault. | 都是我的错 |
[2:23:01] | I should have committed highway robbery… | 我该去抢劫… |
[2:23:02] | to get that tax money for you. | 弄那笔钱 |
[2:23:04] | I couldn’t let you do anything like that, and… | 我不能让你做那种事… |
[2:23:07] | Well, anyway, it’s done now. | 反正木己成舟了 |
[2:23:09] | Yes, it’s done now. | 是的 都已经这样了 |
[2:23:11] | You wouldn’t let me do anything dishonorable… | 你没使我不光彩的… |
[2:23:13] | but you’d sell yourself in marriage to a man you didn’t love. | 可你把自己嫁给你不爱的男人 |
[2:23:17] | Well, at least you won’t have to worry about… | 不用再担心我… |
[2:23:18] | my helplessness anymore. | 无依无靠的 |
[2:23:21] | What do you mean? | 你说什么 |
[2:23:23] | I’m going to New York. | 我要去纽约 |
[2:23:26] | I’ve arranged to get a position in a bank there. | 我在那的银行有份工作 |
[2:23:28] | But you can’t do that. | 但你不能去 |
[2:23:31] | I counted on you to help me start a lumber business, Ashley… | 我需要你帮我开始木材生意 艾西利 |
[2:23:34] | and, well, I counted on you. | 而且我一直在寄望你 |
[2:23:37] | I wouldn’t be any good to you. | 我对你没什么用处 |
[2:23:38] | I don’t know anything about the lumber business. | 我对木材完全不懂 |
[2:23:40] | You know as much as you do about banking. | 你对银行业务很清楚 |
[2:23:42] | And I’d give you half the business, Ashley. | 我可以把一半的生意给你 |
[2:23:45] | That’s generous of you, Scarlett. | 你太大方了 斯佳丽 |
[2:23:48] | But it isn’t that. | 但不是那样的 |
[2:23:50] | If I go to Atlanta and take help from you again… | 如果我到亚特兰大 又接受你的帮忙… |
[2:23:53] | I’d bury forever any hope of standing alone. | 我永远不会独立的 |
[2:23:56] | Oh, is that all? | 是那回事吗 |
[2:23:58] | Well, you could gradually buy the business and… | 那你可以慢慢地把生意买下… |
[2:24:00] | then it would be your own, and… | 然后那就全部属于你的了… |
[2:24:03] | No, Scarlett. | 不行 斯佳丽 |
[2:24:08] | Ashley… | 艾西利… |
[2:24:17] | Ashley. | 艾西利 |
[2:24:26] | Scarlett! | 斯佳丽 |
[2:24:28] | Scarlett, what is it? | 斯佳丽 怎么了 |
[2:24:30] | Ashley’s so mean and hateful. | 艾西利真坏真可恶 |
[2:24:33] | What have you done? | 你都做了什么 |
[2:24:36] | She wanted me to go to Atlanta. | 她要我去亚特兰大 |
[2:24:38] | To help me start my lumber business… | 帮我做木材的生意… |
[2:24:40] | and he won’t lift a finger to help me, and he… | 而他不帮我… |
[2:24:42] | Why, how unchivalrous of you. | 多忘恩负义呀 |
[2:24:44] | Why, think, Ashley, think. | 你想想 艾西利 |
[2:24:47] | If it hadn’t been for Scarlett, I’d have died in Atlanta. | 要不是斯佳丽 我早就死在亚特兰大了 |
[2:24:50] | And maybe we wouldn’t have had little Beau, and… | 也许我不应该有喜欢的人 |
[2:24:53] | and when I think of her picking cotton… | 当我想到她摘棉花… |
[2:24:55] | and plowing just to keep food… | 辛勤的耕作只是为了… |
[2:24:56] | in our mouths, I could just… | 为了养活我们 我应该… |
[2:24:58] | Oh, my darling. | 亲爱的 |
[2:25:04] | All right, Melanie. | 好了 梅勒妮 |
[2:25:06] | I’ll go to Atlanta. | 我去亚特兰大就是 |
[2:25:09] | I can’t fight you both. | 我说不过你们两个 |
[2:25:30] | Well, here’s your new mill hands, Mrs.Kennedy. | 这些是你新来的工人 肯尼迪夫人 |
[2:25:33] | The pick of all the best jails in Georgia. | 从乔治亚州最好的监狱里挑选的 |
[2:25:37] | They look pretty thin and weak to me, Gallegher. | 他们看起来瘦弱 格拉盖 |
[2:25:39] | Halt! | 站住 |
[2:25:43] | They’re the best you can lease, ma’am. | 他们是能雇到的最好的 |
[2:25:44] | And if you’ll just give Johnny Gallegher a free hand… | 如果你让格拉盖放手去做… |
[2:25:47] | you’ll get what you want out of them. | 你会如愿以偿的 |
[2:25:49] | All right, you’re the foreman. | 好吧 你当工头 |
[2:25:52] | All I ask is… | 只有一个要求… |
[2:25:54] | you keep the mill running and deliver my lumber when I want it. | 要准时搬运木材交货 |
[2:25:55] | Johnny Gallegher’s your man, Miss. | 约翰·格拉盖 就是你的了 |
[2:25:57] | But remember… | 但要记住… |
[2:25:58] | no questions and no interference. | 不要过问 不要干预 |
[2:26:01] | That’s a bargain. Start them in the morning, Gallegher. | 那是契约 明早动身 格拉盖 |
[2:26:04] | Come on, get a move on! Come on, move on there! | 快点 快走 快点 去那 |
[2:26:06] | But, Scarlett, this isn’t right and you know it. | 斯佳丽 这样是不对的 |
[2:26:09] | It’s bad enough for a woman to be in business, but… | 女人做生意就够糟了 还… |
[2:26:11] | What are you complaining about? | 你又在抱怨什么 |
[2:26:12] | You wouldn’t have owned a mill had I not taken over. | 如果不是我 你会有这家工厂吗 |
[2:26:15] | I didn’t want the mill, and we couldn’t have bought it… | 但我们是怎么买下的… |
[2:26:17] | if you hadn’t pressed all of our friends… | 是逼朋友还清… |
[2:26:19] | for the money they owed me. | 欠我们的钱 |
[2:26:21] | Isn’t that right, Ashley? | 是吗 艾西利 |
[2:26:22] | What are you running, a charitable institution? | 你在办慈善院吗 |
[2:26:24] | Go back to the store, then go home and take your medicine. | 现在回到店里 然后回家去吃药 |
[2:26:27] | You’re not looking very well. | 你看上去不怎么好 |
[2:26:28] | But, sugar, shouldn’t you come home with me? | 但是 小甜心 你不和我一起回去吗 |
[2:26:30] | Great balls of fire.Don’t bother me anymore… | 讨厌 不要烦我… |
[2:26:32] | and don’t call me sugar! | 不要再叫我小甜心 |
[2:26:34] | All right, all right. | 好 好 好 |
[2:26:36] | Good night, Ashley. | 晚安 艾西利 |
[2:26:39] | She can get mad quicker than any woman I ever saw. | 她是我所见过最容易生气的女人 |
[2:26:44] | Scarlett, I don’t like to interfere, but… | 斯佳丽 我不喜欢去干预… |
[2:26:46] | I do wish you’d let me… | 但我倒希望… |
[2:26:48] | hire free darkies instead of using convicts. | 能任用自由的黑人而不是犯人 |
[2:26:50] | I believe we could do better. | 我相信我们能做的更好 |
[2:26:51] | Darkies! Why, their pay would break us… | 黑人 他们的工资会让我们破产… |
[2:26:52] | and convicts are dirt cheap. | 犯人是非常便宜的 |
[2:26:54] | If we just give Gallegher a free hand… | 如果我们让格拉盖全权处理… |
[2:26:56] | A free hand! You know what that means… | 全权处理 你知道那会怎样… |
[2:26:58] | He’ll starve them and whip them. | 他会鞭打他们 饿死他们 |
[2:26:59] | Some of them are sick, underfed… | 他们有些病了 营养不良… |
[2:27:01] | Oh, Ashley, how you do run on. | 艾西利 你要怎么经营 |
[2:27:03] | Left alone, you’d be giving them chicken… | 每天给他们鸡吃吗… |
[2:27:05] | three times a day and… | 一天三顿… |
[2:27:06] | tucking them to sleep with eiderdown quilts. | 还给他们睡鸭绒被吗 |
[2:27:08] | Scarlett, I will not make money… | 斯佳丽 我不要… |
[2:27:10] | out of the enforced labor and misery of others. | 用别人的痛苦挣钱 |
[2:27:12] | You weren’t so particular about owning slaves. | 你没拥有过奴隶吗 |
[2:27:14] | That was different. We didn’t treat them that way. | 那不一样 我们没那样对他们 |
[2:27:17] | Besides, I’d have freed them all when father died… | 而且父亲死后 我放他们走了 |
[2:27:19] | if the war hadn’t already freed them. | 即使这战争没给他们自由 |
[2:27:21] | Oh, I’m sorry, Ashley. | 对不起 艾西利 |
[2:27:23] | But have you forgotten what it’s like without money? | 你忘了没钱的日子吗 |
[2:27:25] | I found out that money is the most… | 我发现钱是世界上… |
[2:27:27] | important thing in the world… | 最重要的东西… |
[2:27:28] | and I don’t intend ever to be without it again. | 我不想再过没钱的日子 |
[2:27:31] | I’ll make enough so… | 我要挣很多钱… |
[2:27:32] | the Yankees can never take Tara away from me. | 不让北佬夺走塔拉庄园 |
[2:27:34] | I’ll make it the only way I know how. | 这是我唯一的办法 |
[2:27:35] | But we’re not the only Southerners who have suffered. | 但不光是我们几个南方人在受苦 |
[2:27:38] | Look at all our friends… | 看看我们的朋友… |
[2:27:40] | They’re keeping their honor and their kindness, too. | 他们仍保有尊严和仁慈 |
[2:27:42] | And they’re starving… | 他们还在挨饿呢… |
[2:27:44] | I’ve got no use for fools who won’t help themselves. | 我才不需要那些傻瓜 |
[2:27:46] | I know what they’re saying about me, and I don’t care. | 我知道他们在说我 我才不在乎 |
[2:27:48] | I’ll make friends with the Yankee carpetbaggers. | 我会和北佬投机家做生意 |
[2:27:50] | And I’ll beat them at their own game… | 我会用他们的手段对付他们… |
[2:27:51] | and you’ll beat them with me. | 你要帮我打败他们 |
[2:27:56] | That’s it. Move it a little over to that side. | 就那样 过去点到那边 |
[2:27:59] | Afternoon, Mrs.Kennedy. | 下午好 肯尼迪夫人 |
[2:28:01] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[2:28:02] | Business is certainly growing, ain’t it? | 生意越做越大 是吗 |
[2:28:03] | It certainly is. | 当然 |
[2:28:06] | But you’re doing business with… | 但 斯佳丽你跟那些… |
[2:28:08] | the same people who robbed us… | 曾抢过我们… |
[2:28:09] | and tortured us and left us to starve. | 欺侮过我们的人做生意呀 |
[2:28:12] | All that’s past, Melly. | 那都是过去了 梅勒妮 |
[2:28:13] | And I intend to make the best of things… | 我打算要好好做一下生意… |
[2:28:15] | even if they are Yankee things. | 即使是和北佬谈生意 |
[2:28:19] | And do you know, Dolly Merriwether… | 你知道吗 多利·玛瑞伟瑟… |
[2:28:21] | that Dr.Meade actually saw her… | 米笛大夫确实看见她… |
[2:28:23] | peddling lumber to those Yankees, herself. | 她亲自把木材卖给那北佬 |
[2:28:25] | And that isn’t all… | 那还不是全部… |
[2:28:26] | I think it’s shocking what she’s doing to my brother, Ashley. | 她对待我哥哥的样子 实在可怕 艾西利 |
[2:28:29] | She’s even taken to driving her own buggy. | 她还自己一个人驾车呢 |
[2:28:39] | My dear Mrs.Kennedy. | 亲爱的肯尼迪夫人 |
[2:28:41] | My very dear Mrs.Kennedy. | 我非常亲爱的肯尼迪夫人 |
[2:28:44] | I don’t see how you have the gall to face me. | 你还有胆子面对我 |
[2:28:46] | When I think you could have had my millions… | 你本来可以得到我的百万财产的… |
[2:28:47] | if you’d just waited a little while. | 如果等的话 |
[2:28:49] | Oh, how fickle is woman! | 多么善变的女人 |
[2:28:51] | What is it you want? I have important things to do. | 你想怎样 我有重要事情要做 |
[2:28:54] | Would you satisfy my curiosity on a point… | 请你满足一下我的好奇… |
[2:28:56] | which has bothered me for some time? | 某件事情一直困扰着我 |
[2:28:58] | Well, what is it? Be quick. | 好吧 是什么 快点说 |
[2:29:00] | Tell me, Scarlett… | 告诉我… |
[2:29:01] | do you never shrink from marrying men you don’t love? | 你愿意嫁给你不爱的男人吗 |
[2:29:04] | How did you ever get out of jail? Why didn’t they hang you? | 你怎么逃出来的 他们为什么没把你绞死 |
[2:29:08] | Oh, that! Not much trouble. | 那没什么 |
[2:29:09] | There’s nothing much that money won’t buy. | 钱几乎是万能的 |
[2:29:11] | I observe it’s even bought you the honorable Mr.Wilkes. | 我发觉 钱也好像 为你买了威尔克斯先生 |
[2:29:15] | So you still hate Ashley Wilkes. | 你仍然恨艾西利·威尔克斯 |
[2:29:17] | Do you know, I believe you’re jealous of him. | 我相信你是忌妒他 |
[2:29:19] | You still think you’re the belle of the county, don’t you? | 你仍以为你的魅力难以抗拒 |
[2:29:22] | That you’re the cutest little trick in shoe leather. | 穿的都是名贵妖艳 |
[2:29:24] | And that every man you meet is dying of love for you. | 而每个人都渴望爱你 |
[2:29:26] | Let me by! | 要你管 |
[2:29:28] | Don’t be angry, Scarlett. Tell me, where are you going? | 不要生气 斯佳丽 告诉我 你要上哪 |
[2:29:31] | To the mill, if it’s any of your business. | 到工厂去 如果你要知道的话 |
[2:29:33] | Through shantytown, alone? | 经过贫民区 一个人吗 |
[2:29:35] | Haven’t you been told it’s dangerous to… | 你不知道一个人通过那… |
[2:29:37] | drive alone through all that riffraff? | 是很危险的 |
[2:29:38] | Don’t worry about me. | 不要担心 |
[2:29:40] | I can shoot straight if I don’t have to shoot too far. | 我有枪 射不远但是很准 |
[2:29:50] | What a woman! | 真了不起的女人 |
[2:30:26] | Could ya gimme a quarter? | 你能给我钱吗 |
[2:30:28] | Let go of my horse! | 放开我的马 |
[2:30:32] | Hold this horse! | 牵住马 |
[2:30:44] | Help! | 救命 |
[2:30:46] | Help! | 救命 |
[2:30:49] | Help! | 救命 |
[2:31:24] | Miss Scarlett! | 斯佳丽小姐 |
[2:31:44] | Miss Scarlett, wait! Miss Scarlett! | 斯佳丽 等等 斯佳丽小姐 |
[2:31:47] | Miss Scarlett! It’s Big Sam! | 斯佳丽小姐 是我萨姆 |
[2:31:49] | Big Sam! | 萨姆 |
[2:31:50] | Miss Scarlett! Wait! | 斯佳丽小姐 等等 |
[2:31:54] | Sam! Sam! | 萨姆 萨姆 |
[2:31:56] | Is you hurt, Miss Scarlett? Did they hurt you? | 你没受伤吧 斯佳丽小姐 他们弄伤你了吗 |
[2:32:00] | Don’t you cry, Miss Scarlett… | 不要哭 斯佳丽… |
[2:32:02] | Big Sam’ll get you out of this in a jiffy. | 萨姆会送你回家 |
[2:32:05] | Horse, make tracks! | 马儿快跑 |
[2:32:10] | You get to Tara just as quick as you can, and stay there. | 你快回到塔拉庄园 然后留在那 |
[2:32:13] | I sure will. I’s got enough of them carpetbaggers. | 我会的 我跟那些北佬很熟了 |
[2:32:15] | Thank you, Mr.Frank. Goodbye, Miss Scarlett. | 谢谢你 弗兰克 再见 斯佳丽小姐 |
[2:32:18] | Goodbye, Sam, and thank you. | 再见 萨姆 谢谢你 |
[2:32:20] | Scarlett, change your dress… | 斯佳丽 换件衣服… |
[2:32:21] | and go over to Miss Melly’s for the evening. | 你今晚去梅勒妮家 |
[2:32:23] | I’ve got to go to a political meeting. | 我有个政界会议 |
[2:32:25] | A political meeting! | 政界会议 |
[2:32:26] | How can you go to a political meeting… | 你还要去参加会议… |
[2:32:28] | after what I’ve been through this afternoon? | 我下午都吃了那么多苦头 |
[2:32:30] | Oh, sugar! You’re more scared than hurt. | 甜心 你太紧张了 |
[2:32:32] | Nobody cares about me… | 没人关心我… |
[2:32:34] | You all act as though it was nothing at all. | 你们都不当一回事 |
[2:32:58] | The men talk, talk, talk about protecting our women… | 男人只会口口声声说如何保护我们 |
[2:33:01] | and after what happened to me today… | 而我被攻击后… |
[2:33:03] | Frank has to go to a political meeting. | 弗兰克还去参加政治会议 |
[2:33:09] | And if it won’t pain you too much, India Wilkes… | 如果不太麻烦你的话 尹蒂·威尔克斯… |
[2:33:12] | I’d be much obliged if you’ll tell me why you’re staring at me. | 我想知道你为何看着我 |
[2:33:15] | Has my face gone green or something? | 是我的脸花掉了吗 |
[2:33:16] | Has my face gone green or something? | 一点也不麻烦 |
[2:33:18] | What happened this afternoon was just what you deserved! | 今天所发生的事都是你自找的 |
[2:33:21] | And if there was any justice, you’d have gotten worse. | 如果有天理的话 你应该受更多罪 |
[2:33:23] | India, hush up! | 安静点 尹蒂 |
[2:33:24] | Let her talk, Melanie. She’s always hated me! | 让她说 梅勒妮 她一直都讨厌我 |
[2:33:26] | Ever since I took your brother away from her… | 从我嫁给她的查尔斯开始… |
[2:33:28] | though she’s too much of a hypocrite to admit it! | 她一直都不肯接受事实 |
[2:33:30] | If she thought anyone’d go for her… | 如果有人追求她… |
[2:33:31] | she’d walk down the street naked! | 她会不择手段得到他 |
[2:33:33] | I do hate you! | 我是很恨你 |
[2:33:36] | You’ve done all you could to lower… | 你把所有好人… |
[2:33:37] | the prestige of decent people. | 都给污毁了 |
[2:33:39] | Now you’ve endangered the lives of our men, because they… | 而你又危害到我们的男人 因为… |
[2:33:42] | India! | 尹蒂 |
[2:33:43] | I don’t think we’d better say any more… | 我们最好别多说了… |
[2:33:45] | or one of us will be saying too much. | 否则会说得太多 |
[2:33:47] | What’s going on around here that I don’t know about? | 我不知道这是怎么了 |
[2:33:56] | Somebody’s comin’ up the walk. | 有人来了 |
[2:33:57] | Somebody that ain’t Mr.Ashley. | 不会是艾西利 |
[2:34:00] | Will you hand me the pistol, please, Mrs.Meade? | 把枪拿给我好吗 米笛太太 |
[2:34:09] | Whoever it is… | 到底是谁… |
[2:34:11] | we know nothing. | 我们一点也不知道 |
[2:34:16] | Where have they gone? | 他们哪儿去了 |
[2:34:17] | You’ve got to tell me, Mrs.Wilkes… | 你应该告诉我 威尔克斯夫人… |
[2:34:19] | It’s life or death! | 这可是生死关头 |
[2:34:20] | Don’t tell him anything. He’s a Yankee spy. | 什么也不要告诉他 他是个奸细 |
[2:34:22] | Quickly, please! There may still be time. | 快点 可能还有时间 |
[2:34:24] | How did you know? | 你怎么会知道 |
[2:34:26] | I’ve been playing poker with two Yankee captains. | 从一些北方军军官那里听来的 |
[2:34:27] | They knew there’d be trouble tonight. | 今晚他们要行动 |
[2:34:29] | They’ve sent their cavalry out to be ready for it. | 他们派骑兵准备伏击 |
[2:34:31] | Your husband and his friends are walking into a trap. | 你们的男人正走进陷阱 |
[2:34:33] | Don’t tell him! He’s trying to trap you! | 不要告诉他 他要引你上钩 |
[2:34:38] | Out the Decatur Road. The old Sullivan plantation. | 在笛坎特街外 旧苏利文农庄 |
[2:34:41] | The house is burned. They’re meeting in the cellar. | 房子被烧掉了 他们在地下室开会 |
[2:34:43] | I’ll do what I can. | 我必须尽所能去做 |
[2:34:49] | What’s all this about? If you don’t tell me, I’ll go crazy! | 这是怎么回事 如果不告诉我 我要发疯了 |
[2:34:52] | We thought it best not to tell you, Scarlett. | 我们想最好不要告诉你 斯佳丽 |
[2:34:54] | But Ashley and Frank and the others… | 但艾西利和弗兰克还有其他人… |
[2:34:55] | have gone to clean out those woods… | 已经去那树林扫荡了 |
[2:34:57] | where you were attacked. | 那儿他们会被袭击的 |
[2:34:58] | It’s what a great many of our Southern gentlemen have had… | 很多南方人正同样地… |
[2:35:00] | to do lately for our protection. | 尽一切保护我们 |
[2:35:02] | And if they’re captured, they’ll be hanged, Scarlett! | 如果他们被逮到 会被处死的 |
[2:35:05] | And it will be your fault! | 斯佳丽 都是因为你 |
[2:35:07] | Another word, and you go out of this house, India! | 再说一句 你就离开这个房子 尹蒂 |
[2:35:09] | Scarlett did what she thought she had to do. | 斯佳丽是做她认为该做的事 |
[2:35:11] | And our men are doing what they think they have to do. | 我们的人会做他们认为要做的 |
[2:35:14] | Frank! | 弗兰克 |
[2:35:16] | And Ashley! | 以及艾西利 |
[2:35:20] | Oh, it isn’t possible! | 那不可能 |
[2:35:25] | There’s horses, Miss Melly. Here they come. | 有马声 梅勒妮小姐 他们来了 |
[2:35:28] | You’re sewing, you’re sewing. | 缝衣 缝衣 |
[2:35:34] | Open the door, Mammy. | 去开门 保姆 |
[2:35:46] | Good evening, Mrs.Kennedy. | 晚上好 肯尼迪夫人 |
[2:35:50] | Which of you ladies is Mrs.Wilkes? | 你们哪位是威尔克斯太太 |
[2:35:51] | I am Mrs.Wilkes. | 我是 |
[2:35:53] | I should like to speak to Mr.Wilkes, if you please. | 我要找威尔克斯先生 告诉我好吗 |
[2:35:56] | He’s not here. | 他不在这儿 |
[2:35:57] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[2:35:58] | Don’t you doubt Miss Melly’s word. | 你不可以怀疑梅勒妮小姐 |
[2:36:01] | I meant no disrespect, Mrs.Wilkes. | 我不是无理取闹 威尔克斯太太 |
[2:36:03] | If you’ll give me your word, I won’t search the house. | 你向我保证 我就不搜查了 |
[2:36:06] | Search if you like, but Mr.Wilkes is at a political meeting… | 要搜就搜 但他去参加政治会议… |
[2:36:08] | at Mr.Kennedy’s store. | 在肯尼迪先生的店铺里 |
[2:36:10] | He’s not at the store, and there’s no meeting tonight! | 他不在那里 根本没有会议 |
[2:36:13] | No political meeting. | 没有政治会议 |
[2:36:15] | We’ll wait outside till he and his friends return. | 我们会等他还有他的朋友 |
[2:36:19] | Sergeant, surround the house… | 军士 把房子包围起来… |
[2:36:20] | Put a man on each door and window. | 搜索每个出入口 |
[2:36:21] | Yes, sir! | 是 长官 |
[2:36:27] | Keep on with your sewing, ladies. | 继续缝衣吧 女士们 |
[2:36:30] | And I’ll read aloud. | 我要大声朗读 |
[2:36:36] | The Personal History and Experience of David Copperfield. | 大卫·科波菲尔劫后余生的个人事迹 |
[2:36:42] | Chapter one. | 第一章 |
[2:36:43] | I’m born. | 我出世了 |
[2:36:49] | To begin my life, with the beginning of my life… | 开始我的一生 随着生命开始… |
[2:36:51] | I record that I was born. | 我把我的出世记录下来 |
[2:36:54] | Chapter Nine. I have a memorable birthday. | 第九章 难忘的生日 |
[2:36:57] | I pass over all that happened at school… | 我忘记了所以在学校的事… |
[2:36:59] | until the anniversary of my birthday came around in March. | 直到这三月份我的生日即将来临 |
[2:37:03] | Except that Steerforth was more to be admired than ever. | 除了司狄尔费斯是更让人敬佩外 |
[2:37:05] | I remember nothing. | 我不记得其他的了 |
[2:37:07] | He was going away at the end of the half year, if not sooner… | 在这半年末他离开了 不久… |
[2:37:10] | and was more spirited and independent… | 他在我眼里是更英勇… |
[2:37:12] | than before in my eyes… | 更有主见的 |
[2:37:14] | and, therefore, more engaging than before, but… | 那是多么迷人的 但是… |
[2:37:16] | beyond this I remember nothing. | 除了这我什么都不记得了 |
[2:37:19] | The great… | 这伟大的… |
[2:37:23] | I remember nothing. | 我不记得了 |
[2:37:29] | Melly! They’re drunk! | 梅勒妮 他们醉了 |
[2:37:31] | Leave this to me, Scarlett. | 让我来处理 斯佳丽 |
[2:37:33] | And, please, say nothing. | 还有 什么也不要说 |
[2:37:38] | You stupid fool! | 你这大呆子 |
[2:37:42] | Quiet! | 安静 |
[2:37:44] | Will you shut up for the love of…? | 别再说什么爱 关于… |
[2:37:46] | Hello, Melly. | 梅勒妮 |
[2:37:47] | So, you’ve got my husband intoxicated again, Captain Butler! | 你又把我丈夫给弄醉了 巴特勒 |
[2:37:51] | Well, bring him in. | 把他带进来 |
[2:37:52] | I’m sorry, Mrs.Wilkes. Your husband’s under arrest. | 对不起 威尔克斯太太 你丈夫被捕了 |
[2:37:55] | If you arrest all the men who get intoxicated… | 如果你逮捕醉汉… |
[2:37:57] | you must have a good many Yankees in jail. | 你的牢房会爆满的 |
[2:38:00] | Bring him in, Captain Butler… | 把他带进来 巴特勒先生… |
[2:38:01] | If you can walk yourself. | 如果你可以走路的话 |
[2:38:04] | I want to tell you a story… | 我给你讲个故事… |
[2:38:06] | Listen, Doctor, I… | 听着 我… |
[2:38:08] | Put him there in that chair. | 我把他放在那椅子上 |
[2:38:13] | And now, Captain Butler, will you please leave my house… | 巴特勒先生 请你走好吗… |
[2:38:15] | and try to remember not to come here again? | 而且永远不要再来 |
[2:38:18] | Well, now that’s fine thanks I get for bringing him home… | 我好心带他回来… |
[2:38:22] | and not leaving him on the streets in this shameful condition! | 却受到这种待遇 |
[2:38:24] | Now, boys, all together! | 孩子们 都过来 |
[2:38:26] | Dr.Meade… | 米笛大夫… |
[2:38:28] | I’m astonished at you! | 你真让我吃惊 |
[2:38:37] | Oh, Ashley! How can you do this to me? | 你怎么会这样 艾西利 |
[2:38:41] | I ain’t so very drunk, Melly. | 我没那么醉 梅勒妮 |
[2:38:44] | Take him into the bedroom… | 把他带到卧室去… |
[2:38:45] | and lay him out on the bed as usual. | 他需要上床睡觉 |
[2:38:47] | Don’t touch him, he’s under arrest! | 不 他被捕了 |
[2:38:48] | Now, Tom. | 汤姆 |
[2:38:49] | What do you want to arrest him for? | 为何要逮捕他 |
[2:38:51] | I’ve seen him drunker. | 我看到他醉的 |
[2:38:53] | I’ve seen you drunker! And you’ve seen me… | 我也见过你醉过 你看到过我了… |
[2:38:56] | He can lie in the gutter for all I care! I’m not a policeman. | 他能躺在水沟里 我就不是个警察 |
[2:38:59] | But he led a raid tonight on that shantytown… | 但他今晚率众攻击贫民区… |
[2:39:01] | where Mrs.Kennedy got into trouble this afternoon. | 那儿肯尼迪夫人惹上了麻烦 |
[2:39:04] | A lot of those shanties were burned… | 很多房子被烧… |
[2:39:06] | A couple of men were killed. | 有几个人被杀了 |
[2:39:07] | It’s about time you rebels learned you can’t take the law… | 我们要教你们南方人… |
[2:39:09] | into your own hands. | 尊守法律 |
[2:39:11] | What are you laughing at? | 你在笑什么 |
[2:39:15] | This isn’t your night to teach that lesson, Tom. | 今晚你不必要教了 汤姆 |
[2:39:18] | These two have been with me tonight. Yes, sir. | 他们二个今晚跟我在一起 |
[2:39:21] | With you, Rhett? | 跟你在一起 瑞德 |
[2:39:23] | Where? | 在哪里 |
[2:39:28] | I don’t like to say in the presence of ladies. | 我不想在女士们面前说 |
[2:39:31] | You’d better say. | 你最好说 |
[2:39:33] | Come out on the porch and I’ll tell you. | 出来吧 我告诉你 |
[2:39:35] | Speak out, Captain Butler! | 大声点 巴特勒先生 |
[2:39:36] | I think I have a right to know where my husband’s been. | 我有权知道我丈夫在哪里 |
[2:39:41] | Well, ma’am, we dropped in on a friend of mine… | 夫人 我们去看个好朋友… |
[2:39:46] | and the captain’s. | 也是上尉的好友 |
[2:39:47] | A Mrs.Belle Watling. | 贝尔·华丹宁夫人 |
[2:39:50] | We played cards, drank champagne and… | 我们打牌 喝香槟 还有… |
[2:39:55] | Now, you’ve done it… | 现在你说了… |
[2:39:57] | Did you have to show me up in front of my wife? | 你有必要在我夫人面前侮辱我吗 |
[2:40:00] | Now I hope you’re satisfied, Tom. | 满意了吧 汤姆 |
[2:40:02] | These ladies won’t be on speaking terms… | 这些女士永远不会… |
[2:40:04] | with their husbands tomorrow. | 原谅她们丈夫 |
[2:40:07] | Rhett, I had no idea, I… | 瑞德 我没想法了 我… |
[2:40:10] | Look here, will you take an oath that… | 听我说 你敢发誓… |
[2:40:12] | they were with you tonight at… | 他们今晚和你在… |
[2:40:14] | at Belle’s? | 在贝尔家 |
[2:40:16] | Ask Belle, if you don’t believe me. She’ll tell you, Captain. | 问贝尔好了 如果你不相信我 |
[2:40:19] | Will you give me your word as a gentleman? | 你愿以绅士保证吗 |
[2:40:22] | As a gentleman? | 以一位绅土 |
[2:40:23] | Why certainly, Tom. | 当然 汤姆 |
[2:40:27] | Well, if I… | 好 如果我… |
[2:40:28] | if I’ve made a mistake, I’m sorry. | 如果我弄错了 我很抱歉 |
[2:40:32] | I hope you’ll forgive me, Mrs.Wilkes. I… | 原谅我 威尔克斯夫人 我… |
[2:40:36] | If you’ll go and leave us in peace, please. | 如果你能离开的话 |
[2:40:38] | Well, I say I’m sorry, and… | 我表示歉意 而且… |
[2:40:41] | well, I am sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[2:40:43] | Come on, Sergeant. | 走 军士 |
[2:40:51] | Lock that door. Pull down the shades. | 把门锁上 把窗帘放下 |
[2:40:55] | Ashley. | 艾西利 |
[2:40:56] | It’s all right. It’s only in the shoulder. | 没事 只是肩部受伤 |
[2:40:59] | Get him on the bed where I can dress the wound. | 把他放在床上 我为他擦药 |
[2:41:02] | I think I can walk. | 我想我能走 |
[2:41:04] | It’s not worth the effort. Which way? | 别硬撑了 这边吗 |
[2:41:06] | In here. | 这儿 |
[2:41:09] | -Mammy, I want some hot water. -Yes, sir. | -保姆 弄一点热水 -是的 |
[2:41:11] | -And lint for bandages. -I’ll find some. | -还有纱布和绷带 -好的 我就去找 |
[2:41:12] | Now what can I use for a probe… | 有什么我可以用来开刀的… |
[2:41:14] | If I only had my bag. | 要是我带了箱子就好了 |
[2:41:15] | Were you really there? What did it look like? | 你真的去那里了吗 这看上去像什么 |
[2:41:19] | Does she have cut-glass chandeliers, plush curtains… | 她有豪华的窗布… |
[2:41:21] | and dozens of mirrors? | 和镜子吗 |
[2:41:23] | Good heavens, Mrs.Meade, remember yourself. | 老天呀 米笛太太 自重点 |
[2:41:28] | And now, Captain Butler… | 现在 巴特勒先生… |
[2:41:29] | tell me what happened, all that happened. | 告诉我发生了什么事 |
[2:41:31] | I was too late. | 我去的太迟了 |
[2:41:34] | When I got to the old Sullivan place… | 我到那的时候… |
[2:41:35] | there’d already been a skirmish with the Yankees. | 他们已攻击过贫民区了 |
[2:41:37] | I found Mr.Wilkes wounded and Dr.Meade was with him. | 威尔克斯受了伤 他和米笛大夫在一起 |
[2:41:40] | I had to prove they… | 我得证明… |
[2:41:42] | had been somewhere, anyplace but where they were. | 他们在别的地方 |
[2:41:45] | So I took them to Belle’s. | 所以我们去贝尔那里 |
[2:41:47] | And she took them in? | 她就让他们进去了 |
[2:41:48] | She’s by way of being an old friend of mine. | 她是我的老朋友 |
[2:41:51] | Oh, I’m sorry. I… | 对不起 我… |
[2:41:53] | I’m sorry I couldn’t think up a more dignified alibi. | 很抱歉我找不到更高贵的在场证人 |
[2:42:00] | This isn’t the first time you’ve come between me…. | 这不是第一次你救我脱离灾难了… |
[2:42:02] | and disaster, Captain Butler. | 巴特勒先生 |
[2:42:03] | It isn’t likely that I’d question any device of yours. | 我再也不会怀疑你的方法了 |
[2:42:09] | And now, I’ll go and see what Dr.Meade needs. | 现在我要帮米笛大夫找点东西 |
[2:42:18] | Oh, Ashley! | 艾西利 |
[2:42:20] | Ashley! | 艾西利 |
[2:42:23] | Have you no interest in what’s become… | 你丈夫怎么了… |
[2:42:25] | of your own husband, Mrs.Kennedy? | 你不关心吗 肯尼迪夫人 |
[2:42:30] | Did Frank go with you to Belle Watling’s? | 弗兰克有没有跟你们去贝尔家 |
[2:42:32] | No. | 没有 |
[2:42:34] | Well, where is he? | 那么他在哪儿 |
[2:42:36] | He’s lying out on Decatur Road… | 他躺在笛坎特街… |
[2:42:39] | shot through the head. | 被爆头 |
[2:42:42] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[2:42:53] | Who is it? | 谁 |
[2:42:55] | It’s Miss Watlin’. | 是华丹宁 |
[2:42:56] | Oh, Mrs.Watling! Won’t you come in the house? | 华丹宁夫人 请进来好吗 |
[2:42:59] | Oh, no, I couldn’t do that, Miss Wilkes. | 不 我不能进去 |
[2:43:02] | You come in and sit a minute with me. | 你上来跟我坐一会儿 |
[2:43:13] | How can I thank you enough for what you did for us? | 我真不知道如何感谢你为我们所做的 |
[2:43:15] | How can any of us thank you enough? | 怎样才能感谢你呢 |
[2:43:17] | I got your note sayin’ you was goin’ to… | 我收到你的信… |
[2:43:18] | call on me and thank me. | 要来谢我 |
[2:43:20] | Why, Miss Wilkes, you must have lost your mind. | 为什么 你一定是疯了 |
[2:43:23] | I come up here as soon as it was dark to tell you… | 我真是不好意思说… |
[2:43:25] | you mustn’t even think of any such thing. | 你没必要想那么多的 |
[2:43:27] | Why, I’m… | 我是… |
[2:43:29] | Why, you’re… | 而你是… |
[2:43:31] | Well, it wouldn’t be fittin’ at all. | 那是不妥当的 |
[2:43:33] | It wouldn’t be fitting to thank a kind woman… | 谢谢救我先生性命的女人… |
[2:43:35] | who saved my husband’s life? | 那怎么会不妥呢 |
[2:43:37] | Miss Wilkes, there ain’t never… | 威尔克斯夫人… |
[2:43:39] | been a lady in this town nice to me like you was. | 在这城市里没有人像你这样对我好 |
[2:43:42] | I mean, about the money for the hospital, you know. | 我是说 我送钱给医院的事情 |
[2:43:45] | And I don’t forget a kindness. | 我是不会忘恩的 |
[2:43:47] | And I got to thinking about you being left a widow… | 想到你就要变成寡妇… |
[2:43:48] | with a little boy… | 还有你那小男孩… |
[2:43:50] | if Mr.Wilkes got hung… | 如果威尔克斯先生被绞刑的话… |
[2:43:52] | and he’s a nice little boy, your boy is, Miss Wilkes. | 他是个好孩子 |
[2:43:56] | I got a boy myself and so I… | 我也有一个男孩 因此我… |
[2:43:59] | Oh, you have? Does he live…? | 你有吗 他住… |
[2:44:02] | Oh, no, ma’am, he ain’t here in Atlanta. | 不 他不在亚特兰大 |
[2:44:05] | He ain’t never been here. | 他从来不在这儿 |
[2:44:07] | He’s off at school. | 他住在学校 |
[2:44:09] | I ain’t seen him since he was little. | 从小我就没再看到他 |
[2:44:14] | Well, anyway, if it had been that… | 然而如果是… |
[2:44:16] | Miss Kennedy’s husband by hisself… | 肯尼迪夫人的先生… |
[2:44:19] | I wouldn’t have lifted a finger to… | 我就不会帮的… |
[2:44:20] | no matter what Captain Butler said. | 不管巴特勒先生怎么说 |
[2:44:22] | She’s a mighty cold woman. | 她是个非常冷酷的女人 |
[2:44:24] | Prancin’ about Atlanta by herself. | 在亚特兰大神气活现 |
[2:44:27] | She killed her husband same as if she shot him. | 她就跟打死她丈夫一样害死他 |
[2:44:30] | You mustn’t say unkind things about my sister-in-law. | 你不要批评我的弟妹 |
[2:44:36] | Please don’t freeze me, Miss Wilkes. | 请不要让我吃惊 威尔克斯夫人 |
[2:44:38] | I forgot how you liked her. | 我忘了你多么喜欢她 |
[2:44:41] | But she just ain’t in the same class with you… | 但她跟你不一样… |
[2:44:43] | and I can’t help it if I think so. | 要是这么想我不得不这样 |
[2:44:46] | Well, anyway, I gotta be going. | 无论如何我得走了 |
[2:44:50] | I’m scared somebody’ll recognize… | 如果再逗留… |
[2:44:52] | this carriage if I stayed here any longer. | 人家会认出这部车子的 |
[2:44:54] | That wouldn’t do you no good. | 那不会对你有坏处 |
[2:44:56] | And Miss Wilkes… | 威尔克斯夫人… |
[2:44:58] | if you ever see me on the street… | 如果你在外面看到我… |
[2:45:00] | you don’t have to speak to me. | 你没有必要跟我说 |
[2:45:02] | I’ll understand. | 我明白了 |
[2:45:04] | I should be proud to speak to you… | 我将会感到自豪和你谈话的… |
[2:45:06] | Proud to be under obligation to you. | 受你的恩惠而自豪的 |
[2:45:09] | I hope we meet again. | 我希望能再见 |
[2:45:11] | Oh, no, ma’am, that wouldn’t be fittin’. | 不 那不妥当的 |
[2:45:16] | -Good night, Miss Wilkes. -Good night, Mrs.Watling. | -再见了 威尔克斯夫人 -再见了 华丹宁夫人 |
[2:45:24] | And you’re wrong about Mrs.Kennedy. | 你错看肯尼迪夫人了 |
[2:45:26] | She’s brokenhearted about her husband. | 她为她丈夫悲伤不止 |
[2:46:12] | Great balls of fire! It’s Rhett. | 真火 是瑞德 |
[2:46:41] | Miss Scarlett, Captain Butler here to see you. | 斯佳丽 巴特勒船长来看你 |
[2:46:44] | I told him you was prostrate with grief. | 我告诉他 你在卧床悲伤 |
[2:46:46] | Tell him I’ll be right down, Mammy. | 告诉他 告诉他 我马上下去 |
[2:47:19] | She says she’s comin’. | 她说她要下来了 |
[2:47:21] | I don’t know why she’s comin’. But she’s a-comin’. | 我不知道为什么 但她要下来了 |
[2:47:23] | You don’t like me, Mammy. | 你不喜欢我 保姆 |
[2:47:25] | Now don’t you argue with me, you don’t. You really don’t. | 不用说了 你真的不喜欢我 |
[2:47:40] | It’s no good, Scarlett. | 没有用的 斯佳丽 |
[2:47:42] | What? | 什么 |
[2:47:43] | The cologne. | 科隆 |
[2:47:45] | I’m sure I don’t know what you mean. | 我不明白你的意思 |
[2:47:48] | I mean you’ve been drinking. Brandy. Quite a lot. | 我是说你喝了很多白兰地 |
[2:47:52] | Well, what if I have? Is that any of your affair? | 就算我喝了 关你事吗 |
[2:47:57] | Don’t drink alone, Scarlett. | 不要独饮 斯佳丽 |
[2:47:59] | People always find out and it ruins the reputation. | 别人发现会有损你声誊 |
[2:48:08] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[2:48:09] | This is more than losing old Frank. | 哭得比失去弗兰克还伤心 |
[2:48:11] | Oh, Rhett… | 瑞德 |
[2:48:13] | I’m so afraid. | 我真害怕 |
[2:48:14] | I don’t believe it. You’ve never been afraid in your life. | 我不信 你从来就不怕 |
[2:48:17] | I’m afraid now. | 我现在很怕 |
[2:48:19] | I’m afraid of dying and going to hell. | 害怕死掉下地狱 |
[2:48:23] | You look pretty healthy, and maybe there isn’t any hell. | 你看起来很健康 也许根本没地狱 |
[2:48:26] | Oh, there is. I know there is. I was raised on it. | 有的 我知道有 我从小就知道有 |
[2:48:30] | Well, far be it from me to question the teachings of childhood. | 别跟我提那孩童时代的教育 |
[2:48:34] | Tell me what you’ve done that hell yawns before you. | 你做了什么 地狱门要为你开 |
[2:48:38] | I ought never to have married Frank to begin with. | 我不该嫁给弗兰克 |
[2:48:41] | He was Suellen’s beau and he loved her, not me. | 他是苏安琳的爱人 不是我的 |
[2:48:44] | And I made him miserable. And I killed him. | 我让他受苦 我害死了他 |
[2:48:48] | Yes, I did! I killed him! | 是的 是我害死了他 |
[2:48:53] | For the first time I’m finding out… | 这是第一次… |
[2:48:54] | what it is to be sorry for something I’ve done. | 我感到良心愧疚 |
[2:48:58] | Here. Dry your eyes. | 给 擦干眼泪 |
[2:49:02] | If you had it all to do over again, you’d do no differently. | 如果你必须再做的话 你还是一样会做的 |
[2:49:05] | You’re like the thief who isn’t the least bit sorry he stole… | 就跟窃贼一样 他不后悔盗窃行为 |
[2:49:07] | but he’s terribly, terribly sorry he’s going to jail. | 但后悔进到监狱 |
[2:49:10] | I’m glad Mother’s dead. | 我很幸运母亲过世了 |
[2:49:13] | I’m glad she’s dead so she can’t see me. | 才不会看到我的罪过 |
[2:49:16] | I always wanted to be like her, calm and kind and… | 我希望跟她一样 平静 仁慈… |
[2:49:20] | And I certainly have turned out disappointing. | 而我却变得那么坏 |
[2:49:25] | You know, Scarlett, I think you’re on the verge of a crying jag. | 你知道吗 斯佳丽 你到了大哭的边缘了 |
[2:49:36] | So I’ll change the subject and say what I came to say. | 因此我要很快说完我要说的话 |
[2:49:39] | Say it, then, and get out! | 说完然后出去 |
[2:49:42] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[2:49:43] | That I can’t go on any longer without you. | 没有你 我再也活不下去 |
[2:49:46] | You are the most ill-bred man… | 在这种时候… |
[2:49:48] | to come here at a time like this with your filthy… | 你却提你那下流的… |
[2:49:50] | I made up my mind that you were the only woman for me… | 从那天在十二橡园初次见面 |
[2:49:53] | the first day I saw you at Twelve Oaks. | 我就知道你是我要的那种女人 |
[2:49:55] | Now that you’ve got the lumber mill and Frank’s money… | 现在你为了弗兰克的钱 去了他的木材厂… |
[2:49:57] | you won’t come to me as you did to the jail. | 而我在监狱里你却不来找我 |
[2:50:00] | So I see I shall have to marry you. | 因此为了得到你 我必须娶你 |
[2:50:03] | I never heard of such bad taste. | 我从没听过如此恶心的情调 |
[2:50:04] | Would you be more convinced if I fell to my knees? | 如果我跪下来你会答应吗 |
[2:50:07] | Turn me loose, you varmint, and get out of here! | 放开我 流氓 给我滚出去 |
[2:50:09] | Forgive me for startling you with… | 原谅我的… |
[2:50:10] | the impetuosity of my sentiments… | 过分行为… |
[2:50:12] | my dear Scarlett. I mean, my dear Mrs.Kennedy. | 亲爱的斯佳丽 我是说肯尼迪夫人 |
[2:50:15] | But it cannot have escaped your notice… | 但是过去的一切… |
[2:50:16] | that for some time past… | 是无法回避… |
[2:50:18] | the friendship I have felt for you… | 我对你的友谊… |
[2:50:20] | has ripened into a deeper feeling. | 成熟到深切感情 |
[2:50:21] | A feeling more beautiful, more pure, more sacred. | 变得更美 更清纯 更神圣 |
[2:50:26] | Dare I name it? Can it be love? | 那会是爱吗 |
[2:50:29] | Get up off your knees. I don’t like your common jokes. | 起来 我不喜欢你的低级玩笑 |
[2:50:32] | This is an honorable proposal of marriage… | 这是一个在非常适当时机… |
[2:50:33] | made at what I consider a most opportune moment. | 做的庄严求婚 |
[2:50:37] | I can’t go all my life waiting to catch you between husbands. | 我不能在你嫁来嫁去间 永远等下去了 |
[2:50:40] | You’re coarse, and you’re conceited. | 你粗野而且自负 |
[2:50:44] | And I think this conversation has gone far enough. | 我讨厌你这个谈话 |
[2:50:47] | Besides, I shall never marry again. | 而且我也不会再嫁 |
[2:50:51] | Oh, yes, you will, and you’ll marry me. | 你会的 你会嫁给我的 |
[2:50:54] | You? You! | 你 你 |
[2:50:56] | I don’t love you! | 我才不爱你 |
[2:50:58] | And I don’t like being married. | 而且我也不喜欢结婚 |
[2:51:01] | Did you ever think of marrying just for fun? | 你以前结婚是好玩的吗 |
[2:51:04] | Marriage, fun? Fiddle-dee-dee. Fun for men, you mean. | 结婚 好玩 真讨厌 你是说 对男人有兴趣 |
[2:51:08] | Hush up! Do you want them to hear you? | 住嘴 你想让他们听到吗 |
[2:51:10] | You’ve been married to a boy and an old man. | 你会嫁给一个小孩和一个老人 |
[2:51:13] | Why not try a husband of… | 为何不嫁个… |
[2:51:14] | the right age, with a way with women? | 真正的丈夫 |
[2:51:17] | You’re a fool, Rhett Butler… | 你真傻 瑞德·巴特勒… |
[2:51:19] | when you know I shall always love another man. | 你知道我总是会爱着别人的 |
[2:51:23] | Stop it! Do you hear me, Scarlett… | 够了 听到了吗… |
[2:51:24] | Stop it! No more of that talk. | 不要再说了 |
[2:51:32] | Rhett, don’t, I shall faint. | 不要 我会昏过去的 |
[2:51:34] | I want you to faint. This is what you were meant for. | 我不会让你昏过去 你该这样才对 |
[2:51:36] | None of the fools you’ve known have kissed you… | 没人这样… |
[2:51:38] | like this, have they? | 吻过你 |
[2:51:39] | Your Charles, or your Frank… | 不管是你的查尔斯或你的弗兰克… |
[2:51:41] | or your stupid Ashley. | 或你那呆呆的艾西利 |
[2:51:51] | Say you’re going to marry me. Say “yes.” Say “yes!” | 说你要嫁给我 说要 |
[2:51:54] | Yes. | 我要 |
[2:51:57] | Are you sure you meant it? You don’t want to take it back? | 你说真的吗 你不会反悔 |
[2:51:59] | No. | 不会 |
[2:52:01] | Look at me and try to tell me the truth. | 看着我 实话告诉我 |
[2:52:04] | Did you say “yes” because of my money? | 你是为了我的钱才答应的吗 |
[2:52:06] | Well… | 好吧… |
[2:52:08] | Yes. | 是有点 |
[2:52:10] | Partly? | 一点点 |
[2:52:12] | Well, you know, Rhett, money does help… | 瑞德 钱是很有用… |
[2:52:15] | and, of course I am fond of you. | 当然 我也喜欢你 |
[2:52:17] | Fond of me. | 喜欢我 |
[2:52:18] | Well, if I said I was madly in love with you… | 如果我说我爱你… |
[2:52:20] | you’d know I was lying… | 你会说我说谎… |
[2:52:22] | but you always said we had a lot in common… | 但是你总是说我们有共同点… |
[2:52:24] | Yes, you’re right, my dear. | 是的 亲爱的 |
[2:52:26] | I’m not in love with you any more than you are with me. | 我对你的爱不会比你对我的少 |
[2:52:28] | Heaven help the man who ever really loves you. | 上帝垂青那些真爱你的男人 |
[2:52:31] | What kind of a ring would you like, my darling? | 你喜欢哪种戒指 |
[2:52:33] | Oh, a diamond ring. And do buy a great big one, Rhett. | 一个宝石 要大的那个 瑞德 |
[2:52:37] | You shall have the biggest and the most vulgar ring in Atlanta. | 最大的远超过亚特兰大最低俗的 |
[2:52:40] | I’ll take you to New Orleans… | 我会带你到新奥尔良… |
[2:52:41] | for the most expensive honeymoon… | 度蜜月… |
[2:52:42] | my ill-gotten gains can buy. | 用我那不义之财去买 |
[2:52:44] | Oh, that would be just heavenly. | 那是多么美妙的 |
[2:52:45] | And I think I’ll buy your trousseau for you, too. | 我也会为你买结婚礼服 |
[2:52:48] | Rhett, how wonderful, but… | 瑞德 多好呀 但… |
[2:52:50] | you won’t tell anybody, will you, Rhett? | 但你不会告诉别人 会吗 |
[2:52:53] | Still the little hypocrite. | 还是个伪君子 |
[2:52:56] | Rhett, aren’t you going to kiss me goodbye? | 瑞德 你不向我吻别吗 |
[2:52:58] | Don’t you think you’ve had enough kissing for one afternoon? | 今天你亲得还不够吗 |
[2:53:01] | You’re impossible. | 你这坏东西 |
[2:53:02] | You can go and I don’t care if you never come back. | 你不回来 我也不在乎 |
[2:53:05] | But I will come back. | 但我会回来 |
[2:53:21] | What are you thinking about, Scarlett? | 你在想什么 斯佳丽 |
[2:53:24] | I’m thinking about how rich we are. | 想我们多富有呀 |
[2:53:28] | Rhett, I can keep the lumber business too, can’t I? | 瑞德 我能留下那个工厂吗 |
[2:53:30] | Yes, of course, you can, if it amuses you. | 可以呀 如果你高兴的话 |
[2:53:32] | Now that you’re rich you can tell everyone to go to the devil… | 现在你很富有 可以对任何人说 去你的… |
[2:53:35] | as you’ve always said you wanted to. | 就像你想说的那样 |
[2:53:37] | But you were the main one I wanted to go to the devil. | 但主要的是要对你讲 |
[2:53:57] | Don’t scrape the plate, Scarlett… | 不要刮盘子… |
[2:53:59] | I’m sure there’s more in the kitchen. | 厨房里还有很多 |
[2:54:01] | Oh, Rhett, can I have one of those chocolate ones… | 瑞德 那些巧克力… |
[2:54:03] | stuffed with meringue? | 把我撑饱了 |
[2:54:05] | If you don’t stop being such a glutton…. | 如果你不停止大吃的话… |
[2:54:07] | you’ll get as fat as Mammy… | 你会跟保姆一样胖… |
[2:54:09] | then I’ll divorce you. | 那样我就会不要你 |
[2:54:11] | Wouldn’t it be nice if you bought something for Mammy, too? | 你不买东西给保姆吗 |
[2:54:14] | Why should I buy her a present… | 我为什么要给她买礼物… |
[2:54:15] | when she called us both mules? | 她把我们叫作骡子 |
[2:54:17] | Mules? Why mules? | 骡子 为何是骡子 |
[2:54:19] | Yes, she said we could give ourselves airs… | 她说我们会穿得… |
[2:54:21] | and get ourselves all slicked up… | 跟赛马一样华丽… |
[2:54:23] | like racehorses but we were just mules in horse harness… | 但我们内在是骡子罢了… |
[2:54:25] | and we didn’t fool anybody. | 我们不会欺骗别人 |
[2:54:28] | I never heard anything more true. | 这是我听过最真实的形容 |
[2:54:30] | Mammy’s a smart old soul… | 保姆很聪明… |
[2:54:31] | and one of the few people I know… | 她是我唯一… |
[2:54:33] | whose respect I’d like to have. | 要尊敬的人 |
[2:54:36] | I won’t give her a thing. She doesn’t deserve it. | 我没给她东西 她没有应得的 |
[2:54:38] | Then I’ll take her a petticoat. | 我要给她带一件裙子 |
[2:54:40] | My Mammy always said when she went to heaven… | 我记得保姆老是说… |
[2:54:42] | she wanted a red taffeta petticoat… | 她喜欢红色平纹裙… |
[2:54:44] | so stiff that it would stand by itself… | 硬得能自己站起来… |
[2:54:46] | and so rustly… | 沙沙的… |
[2:54:48] | the Lord would think it was made of angels’ wings. | 跟天使羽翼一样 |
[2:54:49] | Why, she won’t take it from you. She’d rather die than wear it. | 如果你给她 她不会穿的 |
[2:54:53] | That may be, but I’m making the gesture just the same. | 也许呀 但我会买的 |
[2:55:00] | Wake up! Wake up! | 醒醒 醒醒 |
[2:55:04] | You were having another nightmare. | 你又在做恶梦了 |
[2:55:07] | Oh, Rhett. | 瑞德 |
[2:55:08] | When I was so cold and hungry and… | 我好冷 好饿… |
[2:55:11] | and so tired I… | 好累… |
[2:55:13] | I couldn’t find it.I ran through the mist and I couldn’t find it. | 我找不到它 我跑过浓雾还是找不到它 |
[2:55:18] | -Find what, honey? -Oh, I don’t know. | -找什么呀 亲爱的 -我也不知道 |
[2:55:20] | I always dream the same dream and I never know. | 我老是做那个梦 我也不知道 |
[2:55:24] | It seems to be hidden in the mist. | 就藏在那雾里 |
[2:55:26] | Darling. | 亲爱的 |
[2:55:28] | Rhett, do you think I’ll ever dream that… | 瑞德 我会再梦见找到它… |
[2:55:30] | I’ve found it and that I’m safe? | 那么我就没事了 |
[2:55:34] | Dreams don’t work that way… | 梦是不会如人愿的… |
[2:55:36] | but when you get used to being safe and warm… | 但你习惯于安全 温暖时… |
[2:55:38] | you’ll stop dreaming that dream. | 那个梦就会停止的 |
[2:55:41] | And, Scarlett, I’m going to see that you are safe. | 而且 斯佳丽 我会照顾你安全的 |
[2:55:46] | Would you do something for me if I asked you? | 瑞德 你愿为我做件事吗 |
[2:55:50] | You know I would. | 好的 |
[2:55:53] | Will you take me away from here? | 你带我离开这里好吗 |
[2:55:56] | Don’t you like New Orleans? | 你不喜欢新奥尔良吗 |
[2:55:57] | Oh, I love New Orleans, but I want to go home and visit Tara. | 我喜欢新奥尔良 但我想回塔拉庄园 |
[2:56:02] | Will you take me to Tara? | 你愿意带我去吗 |
[2:56:04] | Yes, Scarlett, of course I will. We’ll go tomorrow. | 是的 斯佳丽 我们明天就去 |
[2:56:13] | You get your strength from this red earth of Tara, Scarlett. | 你会在塔拉庄园这块红土上重获力量 |
[2:56:15] | You’re part of it, and it’s part of you. | 你是那儿的一部分 那也是你的一部分 |
[2:56:18] | Rhett, I’d give anything to have Tara… | 瑞德 为了塔拉庄园原来面目… |
[2:56:19] | the way it was before the war. | 我愿付出任何代价 |
[2:56:21] | Would you? Then go ahead and make it that way. | 那么就去办吧 把它恢复原样 |
[2:56:25] | Spend whatever you want… | 要花多少就花吧… |
[2:56:26] | make it as fine a plantation as it ever was. | 把它恢复到从前的样子 |
[2:56:28] | Oh, Rhett. | 瑞德 |
[2:56:31] | Rhett, you are good to me. | 瑞德 你对我真好 |
[2:56:32] | And can we still have our big new house in Atlanta? | 我们在亚特兰大也要间新房子 |
[2:56:35] | Yes, and it can be as ornate as you want… | 是的 尽你所想的华丽… |
[2:56:38] | marbled terraces, stained-glass windows and all. | 大理石 有色玻璃窗以及一切 |
[2:56:40] | Rhett, won’t everyone be jealous? | 瑞德 别人会嫉妒吗 |
[2:56:42] | I want everybody who’s been mean to me… | 我要所有对我坏的人… |
[2:56:44] | to be pea-green with envy. | 让他们羡慕死了 |
[2:56:47] | I don’t care. Scarlett’s hateful… | 我恨斯佳丽… |
[2:56:49] | building that new house just to show off… | 盖那间房子炫耀… |
[2:56:52] | and even taking our servants. | 带走了我们的仆人 |
[2:56:55] | Oh, darling, you mustn’t think unkindly of her. | 亲爱的 不要那么认为 |
[2:56:58] | She’s made it possible for us to keep Tara always. | 要记住是她让我们永保塔拉庄园的 |
[2:57:01] | Yes, and what good is Tara? | 是啊 可塔拉庄园又有什么好 |
[2:57:03] | She’s had three husbands and I’ll be an old maid. | 她有过三个丈夫 而我要变老处女了 |
[2:57:10] | Great Jehosophat! | 伟大的约沙王 |
[2:57:13] | Great Jehosophat! | 伟大的约沙王 |
[2:57:15] | Lordsy, we sure is rich now! | 天哪 现在我们真是富有 |
[2:57:17] | It ain’t quality… | 这不是时候… |
[2:57:19] | But that’s ridiculous. Why can’t I go in? | 莫名其妙 我为什么不能进去 |
[2:57:22] | I’m entitled to at least see what my own child looks like. | 我有权看我的孩子 |
[2:57:24] | You control yourself, Mr.Rhett… | 瑞德先生 控制住自己… |
[2:57:26] | You’ll be seein’ it for a long time. | 你会有很长的时间看的 |
[2:57:28] | I’d like to apologize, Mr.Rhett, about it’s not being a boy. | 很抱歉不是个男孩 |
[2:57:31] | Oh, hush your mouth, Mammy. Who wants a boy? | 别说这个 谁要男孩了 |
[2:57:34] | Boys aren’t any use to anybody… | 男孩也不见得好… |
[2:57:35] | Don’t you think I’m proof of that? | 我不是好例子吗 |
[2:57:38] | Have a drink of sherry, Mammy. | 拿瓶葡萄酒庆祝一下 保姆 |
[2:57:40] | Mammy, she is beautiful, isn’t she? | 保姆 她很漂亮 是吗 |
[2:57:42] | She sure is. | 是的 |
[2:57:45] | Did you ever see a prettier one? | 你见过更漂亮的吗 |
[2:57:46] | Well, sir, Miss Scarlett was mighty nigh that pretty… | 斯佳丽以前几乎跟她差不多… |
[2:57:48] | when she come, but not quite. | 但没有她美 |
[2:57:51] | Have another glass, Mammy. | 再来一杯 保姆 |
[2:57:57] | What’s that rustling noise I hear? | 保姆 那是什么沙沙声 |
[2:57:59] | Lordsy, Mr.Rhett… | 天哪 瑞德先生… |
[2:58:00] | That ain’t nothin’ but my red silk petticoat you done give me. | 那只是你给我的裙子罢了 |
[2:58:03] | Nothing but your petticoat. I don’t believe it. Let me see. | 是你裙子的声音 我不信 我看看 |
[2:58:06] | Pull up your skirt. | 把衣服拉上来 |
[2:58:08] | Mr.Rhett. You is bad. | 瑞德先生 你真坏 |
[2:58:18] | You sure took a long enough time about wearing it. | 等了那么久你才穿着它 |
[2:58:21] | Yes, sir, too long. | 是的 太久了 |
[2:58:24] | No more mule in horse’s harness? | 不可再叫骡子了 |
[2:58:26] | Mr.Rhett, Miss Scarlett was bad tellin’ you about that. | 斯佳丽真坏 告诉你那个 |
[2:58:29] | You ain’t holdin’ that against old Mammy, is you? | 你会生我气吗 |
[2:58:32] | No, I ain’t holding it against you. I just wanted to know. | 不 我只是想知道罢了 |
[2:58:35] | Have another glass, Mammy. Here, take the whole bottle. | 再来点葡萄酒 都拿去 |
[2:58:38] | Dr.Meade says you may go in now, Captain Butler. | 米笛大夫说你可以进去了 |
[2:58:44] | This sure is a happy day to me. | 今天我真高兴 |
[2:58:47] | I done diapered three generations of this family’s girls… | 我为奥哈拉家三代换尿片… |
[2:58:50] | and it sure is a happy day. | 今天真是高兴 |
[2:58:52] | Oh, yes, Mammy. The happiest days are when babies come. | 是的 孩子出生时是最高兴的日子 |
[2:58:55] | I wish… | 我希望… |
[2:58:57] | Oh, Mammy, she’s beautiful… | 保姆 她真漂亮… |
[2:58:59] | What do you suppose they’ll name her? | 你想他们会叫她什么 |
[2:59:01] | Miss Scarlett done told me if it was a girl… | 斯佳丽告诉我 如果是女孩… |
[2:59:03] | she’s goin’ to name it Eugenia Victoria. | 那就叫尤金尼·维多利亚 |
[2:59:07] | Yes… | 是的 |
[2:59:08] | she’s a beautiful baby… | 她是多么漂亮… |
[2:59:11] | the most beautiful baby ever. | 是最漂亮的孩子 |
[2:59:15] | Yes. | 是的 |
[2:59:17] | Do you know that this is your birthday? | 你知道今天是你生日吗 |
[2:59:20] | That you’re a week old today. | 今天你是一周大了 |
[2:59:23] | Yes, I’m going to buy her a pony the likes of.. | 我要给她买只小马… |
[2:59:25] | which this town has never seen. | 就像这市镇上出现过的那种 |
[2:59:29] | Yes, I’m gonna send her to the best schools in Charleston. | 给她上查尔斯顿最好的学校 |
[2:59:32] | Yes. And her’ll be received by the best families in the South. | 让她跟南部最好的家庭交往 |
[2:59:37] | And when it comes time for her to marry… | 而且当她要结婚时… |
[2:59:40] | well, she’ll be a little princess. | 她要跟公主一样 |
[2:59:43] | You certainly are making a fool of yourself. | 你真是白日做梦 |
[2:59:45] | And why shouldn’t I? | 为什么不可以呢 |
[2:59:48] | She’s the first person who’s ever completely belonged to me. | 她是第一个完全是我的孩子 |
[2:59:52] | Great balls of fire! | 真是气死我了 |
[2:59:54] | I had the baby, didn’t I? | 孩子是我生的 不是吗 |
[2:59:57] | It’s Melanie. May I come in? | 我是梅勒妮 可以进来吗 |
[2:59:58] | Come in, Melly. | 进来 梅勒妮 |
[3:00:00] | Yes, come in and look at my daughter’s beautiful blue eyes. | 看看我女儿美丽的蓝眼 |
[3:00:05] | But, Captain Butler… | 但是 巴特勒船长… |
[3:00:07] | most babies have blue eyes when they’re born. | 一般刚生下的孩子都是蓝眼 |
[3:00:08] | Don’t try to tell him anything… | 不要跟他说婴儿的事… |
[3:00:10] | He knows everything about babies. | 他什么都知道 |
[3:00:11] | Nevertheless, her eyes are blue and they’re going to stay blue. | 不管怎样 她的眼睛保持蓝色的 |
[3:00:15] | As blue as the bonnie blue flag. | 就跟宝尼蓝一样 |
[3:00:18] | That’s it. That’s what we’ll call her. | 对了 我们就叫她那个名字 |
[3:00:20] | Bonnie Blue Butler. | 宝尼蓝·巴特勒 |
[3:00:30] | Try again, Mammy. | 再试一次 保姆 |
[3:00:39] | Twenty inches. | 二十英寸 |
[3:00:41] | Twenty inches! I’ve grown as big as Aunt Pitty. | 二十英寸 我吨位大的跟琵蒂姑妈一样了 |
[3:00:44] | You’ve simply got to make it 18 and a half again, Mammy. | 你一定要做十八尺半的尺寸 |
[3:00:47] | You done had a baby, Miss Scarlett… | 你生过孩子了 斯佳丽… |
[3:00:49] | and you ain’t never goin’ to be no 18 and a half inches again. | 而你不会再十八尺半了 |
[3:00:51] | Never. And there ain’t nothin’ to do about it. | 不会了 没有办法的 |
[3:00:55] | There is something to do about it! | 一定有办法的 |
[3:00:57] | I’m just not going to get old and fat before my time. | 在我有生之年 我不会变老 变肥的 |
[3:01:00] | I just won’t have any more babies! | 我不再生孩子了 |
[3:01:03] | I heard Mr.Rhett say that he’ll be wantin’ a son next year. | 我听瑞德先生说 明年他要个男孩 |
[3:01:07] | Go tell Captain Butler I’ve decided not to go out after all. | 告诉巴特勒先生 我决定不出去 |
[3:01:10] | I’ll have supper in my room. | 我要在我的房里吃饭 |
[3:01:32] | I got your message… | 我知道你的留话了… |
[3:01:34] | I’ll have them bring my supper up here too. | 我也要叫他们把我的晚饭送上来 |
[3:01:43] | No objections to that, I hope? | 我希望你不反对吧 |
[3:01:45] | No. | 不 |
[3:01:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[3:01:51] | I mean, I don’t care where you have your supper. | 我是说 我不在乎你在哪吃 |
[3:01:56] | Rhett? | 瑞德 |
[3:01:58] | Yes? | 是的 |
[3:01:59] | You see… | 你知道… |
[3:02:00] | well, I’ve decided… | 我决定… |
[3:02:04] | well, I hope I don’t have any more children. | 我不想再生了 |
[3:02:20] | My pet, as I told you before Bonnie was born… | 我的小乖乖 在宝尼出生前我说过… |
[3:02:23] | it’s immaterial to me whether you have one child or 20! | 你生一个或二十个 对我来说都是没关系的 |
[3:02:26] | No, but you know what I… | 不是 但我… |
[3:02:29] | Do you know what I mean? | 你明白我的意思吗 |
[3:02:30] | I do.And do you know I can divorce you for this? | 我明白 就这个我可以和你离婚 |
[3:02:35] | You’re just low enough to think of something like that! | 你就会那么想 |
[3:02:37] | If you had any chivalry in you or would be nice like… | 如果你有任何尊重女性的精神… |
[3:02:39] | well, look at Ashley Wilkes! | 或像什么好的 看看艾西利 |
[3:02:41] | Melanie can’t have any more children and he… | 梅勒妮不能再生 而他… |
[3:02:45] | You’ve been to the lumber office this afternoon, haven’t you? | 你今天去过工厂 是吗 |
[3:02:48] | What has that got to do with it? | 那又怎么样 |
[3:02:51] | Quite the little gentleman, Ashley. Pray go on, Mrs.Butler. | 十足的君子 艾西利 继续说吧 巴特勒太太 |
[3:02:55] | It’s no use. You wouldn’t understand. | 没有用的 你不会明白 |
[3:02:58] | You know, I’m sorry for you, Scarlett. | 你知道吗 我为你痛惜 斯佳丽 |
[3:03:01] | Sorry for me? | 为我痛惜 |
[3:03:02] | Yes, sorry for you because… | 是的 我为你痛惜… |
[3:03:04] | you’re throwing away happiness with both hands… | 因为你把幸福弃之于外… |
[3:03:06] | and reaching out for… | 而去追寻… |
[3:03:07] | something that will never make you happy. | 不能让你幸福的东西 |
[3:03:08] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在讲什么 |
[3:03:10] | If you were free and Miss Melly were dead… | 如果你没结婚而梅勒妮过世… |
[3:03:11] | and you had your precious… | 你就可以得到你那宝贝的… |
[3:03:13] | honorable Ashley, do you think you’d be happy with him? | 可敬的艾西利 你想你会幸福吗 |
[3:03:17] | You’d never know him, never even understand his mind… | 你永远不会了解他 永远不会了解他的想法… |
[3:03:21] | any more than you understand anything except money. | 也不会比你更了解任何事 除了钱以外 |
[3:03:24] | Never mind about that! What I want to know is… | 不介意你这么说 我想了解的是… |
[3:03:26] | You may keep your sanctity, Scarlett… | 你也许保持你的圣洁… |
[3:03:28] | It’ll work no hardship on me. | 但那影响不了我的 |
[3:03:31] | Do you mean to say you don’t care? | 你是说你不在乎了 |
[3:03:32] | The world is full of many things and many people… | 这世界充满着很多人… |
[3:03:34] | and I shan’t be lonely. | 我不会寂寞的 |
[3:03:36] | I’ll find comfort elsewhere. | 我可以在别处找到慰藉 |
[3:03:38] | Well, that’s fine. But I warn you. | 很好 但我事先警告你 |
[3:03:41] | Just in case you change your mind, I intend to lock my door. | 以防你改变主意 我要关门了 |
[3:03:44] | Why bother? If I wanted to come in… | 何必呢 如果我要进来… |
[3:03:46] | no lock could keep me out! | 没有任何锁锁得住我的 |
[3:04:06] | I always knew that most women were cheats… | 我知道一般女人很会装… |
[3:04:07] | hypocritical and hard. | 而且冷酷 |
[3:04:09] | -But this one… -Rhett, it ain’t no use. | -但这一个却… -瑞德 没有用的 |
[3:04:12] | -What do you mean? -I mean you’re poisoned with her. | -你是什么意思 -我是说你太爱她了 |
[3:04:15] | I don’t care what she’s done to you, you’re still in love with her. | 无论她做了什么 你还是爱她的 |
[3:04:18] | And don’t think it pleasures me none to say it. | 别想我愉快的说出来 |
[3:04:20] | Maybe so! But I’m through with her, I tell you! I’m through. | 也许吧 但我受够她了 |
[3:04:23] | You gotta think of the child… | 想想孩子吧… |
[3:04:25] | The child’s worth ten of the mother. | 她值十个她母亲呢 |
[3:04:33] | You’re a shrewd woman, Belle… | 你真是个精明的女人 贝尔… |
[3:04:34] | and a very nice one. | 而且是个很好的女人 |
[3:04:38] | Yes, Rhett? | 是的 瑞德 |
[3:04:39] | I was just thinking of the difference between you, and… | 我在想你跟斯佳丽的差别… |
[3:04:42] | you’re both hard-headed business women… | 你们两个都是… |
[3:04:44] | and you’re both successful. | 精明的生意人 |
[3:04:46] | But you’ve got a heart, Belle… | 但你有良心 贝尔… |
[3:04:50] | and you’re honest. | 而且你很诚实 |
[3:04:54] | Goodbye, Rhett. | 再见 瑞德 |
[3:04:56] | Goodbye, Belle. | 再见 贝尔 |
[3:05:13] | She’ll be a wonderful horsewoman! | 她会成为一位好骑士 |
[3:05:16] | Look at those hands, and that seat! | 看看她的手和她的坐姿 |
[3:05:18] | Oh, fiddle-dee-dee! | 真讨厌 |
[3:05:19] | Just why we have to wheel the baby when… | 我们为何要推婴儿车… |
[3:05:21] | we have a house full of servants… | 而我们有仆人… |
[3:05:22] | Good morning, Mrs.Merriwether. | 早上好 玛瑞伟瑟夫人 |
[3:05:24] | Good morning, Captain Butler. | 早上好 巴特勒船长 |
[3:05:25] | Good morning, Scarlett. | 早上好 斯佳丽 |
[3:05:27] | Making fools of ourselves in front of these old buffaloes! | 在这些老女人面前出丑 |
[3:05:30] | If you’d thought of your position years ago… | 几年前你就该想到你的身份了… |
[3:05:31] | you wouldn’t have to do this. | 那样你就不会这么做 |
[3:05:33] | But as it is, we’ll cultivate… | 我们要和本市… |
[3:05:35] | every female dragon of the old guard in this town. | 每一位女性卫道者结交 |
[3:05:38] | Good morning, Mrs.Whiting. | 早上好 华丹宁夫人 |
[3:05:39] | Good morning, Captain Butler. Good morning, Scarlett. | 早上好 巴特勒船长 早上好 斯佳丽 |
[3:05:43] | So the millionaire speculator’s turning respectable! | 这位百万富翁暴发户变得可敬了 |
[3:05:47] | All of our money can’t buy what I want for Bonnie. | 钱买不到我为宝尼所要的 |
[3:05:49] | Oh, I’ll admit I’ve been at fault, too. | 我自己也有错 |
[3:05:52] | But Bonnie’s going to have a place among decent people. | 但宝尼将有她的名望的 |
[3:05:54] | Yes, even if we both have to… | 是的 即使我们必须… |
[3:05:56] | crawl on our bellies to every fat old cat. | 低头于每一个老太婆 |
[3:05:58] | Good morning, Mrs.Meade. | 早上好 米笛太太 |
[3:06:00] | Good morning, Captain Butler. Good morning, Scarlett. | 早上好 巴特勒船长 早上好 斯佳丽 |
[3:06:10] | Mrs.Merriwether… | 玛瑞太太… |
[3:06:10] | I’ve always had a great regard for your knowledge. | 我敬仰你的学识 |
[3:06:12] | I wonder if you could give me some advice. | 我可以向你讨教吗 |
[3:06:14] | Why, certainly, Captain Butler. | 当然可以 巴特勒船长 |
[3:06:16] | My Bonnie sucks her thumb. I can’t make her stop it. | 宝尼爱吸手指而且停不下来 |
[3:06:18] | You should make her stop it. It’ll ruin the shape of her mouth. | 不能让她吸 否则她的嘴会难看 |
[3:06:20] | I know, I know. | 我知道了 |
[3:06:22] | She has such a beautiful mouth, too… | 她的嘴巴真漂亮… |
[3:06:23] | I tried putting soap under her nails. | 我试过把肥皂放在她指甲上 |
[3:06:25] | Soap! Bah! | 肥皂 不 |
[3:06:27] | Put quinine on her thumb and… | 把奎宁药搽在她手指上… |
[3:06:28] | she’ll stop sucking it quick enough. | 她就不会再吸了 |
[3:06:30] | Quinine! I never would have thought of it. | 奎宁 我才不会想到它呢 |
[3:06:33] | I can’t thank you enough, Mrs.Merriwether. | 真谢谢你 玛瑞太太 |
[3:06:35] | You’ve taken a great load off my mind! Good morning. | 你把我的话题都岔开了 早上好 |
[3:06:42] | Good morning, Dolly. | 早上好 多利 |
[3:06:43] | Wasn’t that Captain Butler? | 那不是巴特勒船长吗 |
[3:06:45] | Good morning, Caroline. I was just thinking. | 早上好 卡罗琳 我刚在思考一个问题 |
[3:06:48] | There must be a great deal of good in a man… | 一个那么爱孩子的男人… |
[3:06:50] | who could love a child so much. | 一定有很多好的地方 |
[3:06:52] | But of course there is! | 当然有了 |
[3:06:54] | Oh, did I tell you that Fanny Elsing… | 我跟你说过 范妮·艾尔森… |
[3:06:56] | told Dr.Meade that Captain Butler… | 曾经告诉过米笛大夫… |
[3:06:58] | finally admitted he was… | 巴特勒船长被… |
[3:07:00] | honored by the Confederate Congress… | 我们的国会表扬过… |
[3:07:01] | for his services at the Battle of Franklin? | 表扬他在弗兰克林战役中的表现 |
[3:07:03] | No! And did I tell you, Caroline… | 不是的 我告诉过你 卡罗琳… |
[3:07:05] | that Captain Butler… | 是巴特勒船长他… |
[3:07:07] | made a stupendous contribution to the Association… | 他的大方献捐款… |
[3:07:08] | for the Beautification… | 我是说捐给… |
[3:07:10] | of the Graves of the Glorious Dead? | 光荣殉难委员会 |
[3:07:12] | No! | 不 |
[3:07:14] | My little grandbaby, Napoleon Picard… | 我的孩子拿破仑·匹卡德… |
[3:07:16] | is giving a party for Bonnie next week. | 下周要为宝尼开个舞会 |
[3:07:18] | Why, Dolly Merriwether, you know right well it was my idea… | 多利·玛瑞伟瑟 你知道那是我的主意… |
[3:07:21] | to give a party for Bonnie Butler! | 为宝尼开舞会 |
[3:07:22] | Why Caroline Meade… | 卡罗琳·米笛… |
[3:07:32] | Now watch Daddy put your pony over, Bonnie. Now watch. | 现在看我让你的小马跳越 宝尼 |
[3:07:39] | Daddy, let me! Let me! | 爸爸 让我来 让我来 |
[3:07:41] | All right, darling. Put her on, Pork! | 好 亲爱的 帮她上去 朴克 |
[3:07:47] | Up we go. | 我们上去 |
[3:07:49] | Oh, there! | 那儿 |
[3:07:50] | Lordsy mercy! There he goes again! | 我的天 瑞德又教那孩子骑马了 |
[3:07:53] | Grip tightly with your legs and sit close… | 夹紧你的腿坐稳了… |
[3:07:55] | Lean forward and be sure you go with him. | 身子向前跟它一起 |
[3:07:56] | Hold your reins properly in a firm hand. Up! | 双手抓紧缰绳 走 |
[3:08:00] | That was fine! I knew you’d do it! | 不错 我知道你做得到的 |
[3:08:03] | When you get a little older… | 等你长大点… |
[3:08:04] | I’ll take you to Kentucky and Virginia. | 我会带你去肯塔基和弗吉尼亚 |
[3:08:06] | You’ll be the greatest horsewoman in the South… | 你会成为南部最伟大的骑士… |
[3:08:08] | Give your daddy a kiss. | 给爸爸一个吻 |
[3:08:11] | Mr.Rhett! Mr.Rhett! | 瑞德先生 瑞德先生 |
[3:08:13] | Mr.Rhett! | 瑞德先生 |
[3:08:15] | Did you see her, Mammy? Wasn’t she wonderful? | 你看到了 她是不是很了不起 |
[3:08:17] | Mr.Rhett, I done told you and told you it just ain’t fittin’… | 瑞德先生 我告诉过你 那样做不妥当… |
[3:08:21] | for a girl child to ride astraddle with her dress flyin’ up! | 不要让她飞扬着衣服骑在马背上 |
[3:08:25] | All right, Mammy. I’ll teach her to ride sidesaddle. | 好的 我就教她骑横座马鞍吧 |
[3:08:27] | And I’ll buy her a blue velvet riding habit. She’ll love that. | 我要为她买一套蓝色戎布骑装 |
[3:08:30] | A nice black broadcloth is what little girls wear. | 小女孩该穿黑宽戎料 |
[3:08:33] | Now, Mammy, be reasonable. | 保姆 那是合适的 |
[3:08:36] | Well, I don’t think it’s fittin’, but… | 我认为蓝色戎布不适合… |
[3:08:40] | It ain’t fittin’, it just ain’t fittin’. | 那是不适合的 就是不适合 |
[3:08:44] | It ain’t fittin’. | 不适合 |
[3:08:55] | Why, Scarlett! | 斯佳丽 |
[3:08:57] | What are you doing downtown at this time of day? | 这个时候到城里来干什么 |
[3:08:59] | Ashley, I just… | 艾西利 我… |
[3:09:00] | Why aren’t you helping Melly… | 你怎么没帮梅勒妮… |
[3:09:02] | get ready for my surprise birthday party? | 准备我的庆生会 |
[3:09:04] | Why, Ashley Wilkes… | 艾西利·威尔克斯… |
[3:09:05] | you aren’t supposed to know anything about that. | 你不该知道的 |
[3:09:07] | Melly’d be so disappointed if you weren’t surprised. | 那是一个惊喜的 |
[3:09:10] | I won’t let on. I’ll be the most surprised man in Atlanta. | 我不会告诉别人 我会是亚特兰大最吃惊的人 |
[3:09:15] | As long as you’re here, let me show you the books… | 既然你在这里 那我把帐簿给你看吧… |
[3:09:17] | so you can see just how bad a businessman I really am. | 你看看我可真是个失败的商人 |
[3:09:20] | Oh, don’t let’s fool with any books today. | 今天不看帐簿 |
[3:09:22] | When I’m wearing a new bonnet, all the figures I ever knew… | 当我戴着一顶新帽子时 我不会算帐的… |
[3:09:25] | go right slap out of my head. | 我会算不清楚 |
[3:09:27] | The figures are well lost when the bonnet’s… | 戴着这帽子算帐… |
[3:09:28] | as pretty as that one. | 太漂亮了 |
[3:09:30] | Scarlett, you know, you get prettier all the time. | 斯佳丽 你越来越漂亮 |
[3:09:34] | You haven’t changed a bit since the day of… | 自从那次十二橡园烤肉会… |
[3:09:36] | our last barbecue at Twelve Oaks… | 你一点也没改变… |
[3:09:39] | where you sat under a tree surrounded by dozens of beaux. | 我记得你在那 被情人包围着 |
[3:09:44] | That girl doesn’t exist anymore. | 那个女孩不再存在了 |
[3:09:47] | Nothing’s turned out as I expected, Ashley. | 一切变得不如我所料的 艾西利 |
[3:09:50] | Nothing. | 一切 |
[3:09:51] | Yes, we’ve travelled a long road since the old days… | 从那些日子以来… |
[3:09:53] | haven’t we, Scarlett? | 我们过了一大段人生旅程了 |
[3:09:56] | Oh, the lazy days… | 那些懒散的日子… |
[3:09:58] | the warm, still country twilights… | 那宁静的田园晨光… |
[3:10:01] | the high, soft negro laughter from the quarters… | 那黑人洪亮的笑声 |
[3:10:05] | the golden warmth and security of those days. | 那金色安全和平静的日子 |
[3:10:11] | Don’t look back, Ashley. | 不要回顾过去 艾西利 |
[3:10:13] | Don’t look back. | 不要回顾过去 |
[3:10:16] | It drags at your heart till you can’t do… | 那会一直关联着你的心 使你除回顾之外… |
[3:10:18] | anything, but look back. | 不能做任何事 |
[3:10:26] | I didn’t mean to make you sad, my dear. | 我不是有意使你伤感 我亲爱的 |
[3:10:29] | I’d never want you to be anything but completely happy. | 我从未要求你怎么样 只要你完全愉快 |
[3:10:53] | Oh, Ashley! | 艾西利 |
[3:10:56] | Who is it? | 是谁呀 |
[3:10:57] | Only your husband. | 只是你丈夫罢了 |
[3:10:59] | Come in. | 进来 |
[3:11:02] | Am I actually being invited into the sanctuary? | 我可以进到避护所来吗 |
[3:11:06] | You’re not ready for Melanie’s party. | 梅勒妮的宴会你还没穿好衣服吗 |
[3:11:08] | I’ve got a headache, Rhett. | 我头痛 瑞德 |
[3:11:10] | You go without me, and make my excuses to Melanie. | 你自己去好了 帮我向梅勒妮说声抱歉 |
[3:11:14] | What a white-livered little coward you are! Get up! | 你真是一个胆小鬼 |
[3:11:17] | You’re going to that party and you’ll have to hurry. | 你要去参加那个宴会 你就得快点 |
[3:11:20] | -Has India dared to… -Yes.India has! | -尹蒂已经把… -是的 尹蒂说了 |
[3:11:22] | Every woman and man in town knows the story! | 她把今天下午的事告诉了每个人 |
[3:11:24] | You should kill them, spreading lies. | 你应该把他们杀了 撒布谣言 |
[3:11:26] | I have a strange way of not killing people who tell the truth. | 我才不会杀那些讲真话的人 |
[3:11:29] | There’s no time to argue now. Get up! | 没时间争吵了 快起来 |
[3:11:30] | I won’t go! I can’t go until this misunderstanding is cleared up. | 我不去 在这误解澄清之前我不会去的 |
[3:11:33] | You won’t cheat Miss Melly out of the satisfaction of publicly… | 你不要欺骗于梅勒妮… |
[3:11:36] | ordering you out of her house. | 赶你出去的满足感 |
[3:11:37] | There was nothing wrong. India hates me so. | 并没有什么错 尹蒂那么恨我 |
[3:11:39] | I can’t go, Rhett. I couldn’t face it. | 我不能去 瑞德 我没法面对 |
[3:11:41] | If you don’t show it tonight… | 如果你不面对他们… |
[3:11:43] | you’ll never be able to as long as you live. | 你就永远都不能了 |
[3:11:44] | While that wouldn’t bother me… | 而你不能破坏了… |
[3:11:46] | you’re ruining Bonnie’s chances. | 宝尼做人的机会 |
[3:11:47] | You’re going to that party… | 你得去参加宴会… |
[3:11:49] | if only for her sake.Now, get dressed! | 现在给我穿好衣服 |
[3:12:04] | Wear that… | 在这种场合… |
[3:12:06] | Nothing modest or matronly will do for this occasion. | 不适合穿素色衣服 |
[3:12:08] | And put on plenty of rouge… | 而且要多涂口红… |
[3:12:10] | I want you to look your part tonight. | 以符合你的角色 |
[3:12:19] | For he’s a jolly good fellow. For he’s a jolly good fellow. | 他是欢快的家伙 他是欢快的家伙 |
[3:12:24] | For he’s a jolly good fellow. Which nobody can deny. | 他是欢快的家伙 没有人可以否认 |
[3:12:30] | Which nobody can deny. Which nobody can deny. | 没有人可以否认 没有人可以否认 |
[3:12:34] | For he’s a jolly good fellow… | 他是欢快的家伙… |
[3:12:38] | -Good night, Scarlett. -But Rhett, you can’t… | -再见 斯佳丽 -但瑞德 你不能… |
[3:12:41] | You go into the arena alone. The lions are hungry for you. | 你自己进那斗技场吧 狮子们正饿的很 |
[3:12:44] | Oh, Rhett, don’t leave me. Don’t. | 瑞德 别离开我 别走 |
[3:12:46] | You’re not afraid? | 你不害怕吗 |
[3:12:47] | Which nobody can deny. Which nobody can deny. | 没有人可以否认 没有人可以否认 |
[3:12:49] | For he’s a jolly good fellow. For he’s a jolly good fellow. | 他是欢快的家伙 他是欢快的家伙 |
[3:12:54] | For he’s a jolly good fellow. Which nobody can deny. | 他是欢快的家伙 没有人可以否认 |
[3:13:13] | What a lovely dress, Scarlett, darling. | 好漂亮的衣服呀 亲爱的斯佳丽 |
[3:13:16] | India wasn’t able to come tonight. | 尹蒂今晚不能来 |
[3:13:17] | Will you be an angel? | 你当个好人好吗 |
[3:13:19] | I do need you to help me receive my guests. | 我需要你帮忙招待我的客人 |
[3:13:25] | Mrs.Meade… | 米笛太太 |
[3:13:27] | here’s our darling Scarlett. | 我们亲爱的斯佳丽 |
[3:13:30] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[3:13:32] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[3:13:33] | Why Scarlett! | 斯佳丽 |
[3:13:35] | -Good evening, Miss Scarlett. -Good evening, Mrs.Butler. | -晚上好 斯佳丽小姐 -晚上好 巴特勒夫人 |
[3:13:38] | Ashley, aren’t you going to get our Scarlett a glass of punch? | 艾西利 你不给斯佳丽倒些酒吗 |
[3:13:50] | Did you have a good time tonight at Miss Melly’s party, child? | 今晚梅勒妮的晚宴愉快吗 |
[3:13:53] | Yes, yes. | 是的 是的 |
[3:13:54] | Now, Mammy, be sure and leave word… | 保姆 记住跟巴特勒先生说… |
[3:13:56] | if Captain Butler asks for me when he comes back, I’m asleep. | 如果他回来找我 就说我睡着了 |
[3:13:59] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 夫人 |
[3:14:30] | Come in, Mrs.Butler. | 请进 巴特勒夫人 |
[3:14:40] | Come here. | 这儿 |
[3:14:58] | Sit down! | 坐下 |
[3:15:01] | There’s no reason why… | 就算我在… |
[3:15:03] | you shouldn’t have your nightcap even if I am here. | 你也可以喝睡前酒 |
[3:15:05] | I didn’t want a drink. I heard a noise and… | 我不想喝酒 我听到声音 所以… |
[3:15:07] | You heard nothing of the kind. | 你什么也没听到 |
[3:15:10] | You wouldn’t have come down if you’d thought I was here. | 如果你知道我在这儿 你是不会下来的 |
[3:15:13] | -You must need a drink badly. -I do not! | -你一定很需要一杯酒 -我不要 |
[3:15:15] | Take it. Don’t give yourself airs. | 给 不要否认了 |
[3:15:18] | I know you drink on the quiet… | 我知道你在偷偷地喝酒… |
[3:15:19] | and I know how much you drink. | 我也知道你喝了多少 |
[3:15:21] | Do you think I care if you like your brandy? | 你以为我在意你喝你的白兰地吗 |
[3:15:30] | You’re drunk, and I’m going to bed! | 你醉了 我要上床去了 |
[3:15:32] | I’m very drunk… | 我醉得很… |
[3:15:33] | and I intend getting still drunker before the evening’s over… | 而我还要更醉 这个晚上还没有过去… |
[3:15:37] | but you’re not going to bed, not yet! | 但你还不能上床去 还不可以 |
[3:15:41] | Sit down! | 坐下 |
[3:15:46] | So she stood by you, did she? | 那么梅勒妮今晚相信你了 |
[3:15:49] | How does it feel to have the woman you’ve wronged… | 错怪一个隐藏你罪恶的女人… |
[3:15:51] | cloak your sins for you? | 你有何感想 |
[3:15:54] | You’re wondering if she knows all about you and Ashley. | 你在想是否她知道 你跟艾西利之间的事 |
[3:15:58] | You’re wondering if she did it just to save her face. | 如果她只是为了面子关系 |
[3:16:01] | You’re thinking that… | 你会想… |
[3:16:03] | she’s a fool for doing it even if it did save your hide. | 她那样做真是个呆子 |
[3:16:05] | -I will not listen. -Yes, you’ll listen! | -我不听 -你得听下去 |
[3:16:08] | Miss Melly’s a fool, but not the kind you think. | 梅勒妮是个傻子 但不是你想像中那种 |
[3:16:11] | It’s just that there’s too much honor… | 她只是为人太好… |
[3:16:13] | in her to ever conceive of dishonor… | 不会去想到那些不好处… |
[3:16:14] | in anyone she loves. | 对于她所爱的人的 |
[3:16:17] | And she loves you. | 而她爱你 |
[3:16:19] | Though just why she does, I’m sure I don’t know! | 她为什么这样 我不知道 |
[3:16:23] | If you weren’t so drunk and insulting… | 如果你没醉… |
[3:16:24] | I could explain everything. | 我可以解释一切 |
[3:16:27] | -As it is though… -lf you get out of that chair once more! | -就好像… -如果你再起来 |
[3:16:34] | Of course, the comic figure in all… | 这幕戏的人物… |
[3:16:36] | this is the long suffering Mr.Wilkes! | 将是长期受折磨的威尔克斯先生 |
[3:16:40] | Mr.Wilkes, who can’t be mentally faithful to his wife… | 威尔克斯先生在精神上对他太太不忠贞… |
[3:16:43] | and won’t be unfaithful to her technically. | 而且事实上也不忠实 |
[3:16:47] | Why doesn’t he make up his mind? | 他为什么不打定主意呢 |
[3:16:49] | Rhett, you… | 瑞德 你… |
[3:16:53] | Observe my hands, my dear. | 注意我的手 亲爱的 |
[3:16:57] | I could tear you to pieces with them. | 我可以用它们毁了你 |
[3:17:00] | And I’d do it, if it’d take Ashley out of your mind forever. | 而我会的 如果那能毁掉你对艾西利的爱 |
[3:17:05] | But it wouldn’t. | 但是不会的 |
[3:17:07] | So I’ll remove him from your mind forever this way. | 所以我要这样清除掉你那份爱 |
[3:17:12] | I’ll put my hands so… | 我会这样摆我的手… |
[3:17:15] | one on each side of your head… | 放在你头两边… |
[3:17:18] | and I’ll smash your skull between them like a walnut. | 用双手弄碎你的骨头 就像打碎核桃一样 |
[3:17:23] | And that’ll block him out. | 那样把他清除掉 |
[3:17:26] | Take your hands off me, you drunken fool. | 把手拿开 你这醉鬼 |
[3:17:34] | You know I’ve always admired your spirit, my dear. | 你知道 我佩服你的勇气 亲爱的 |
[3:17:39] | Never more than now, when you’re cornered. | 尤其是现在 你被逼到死角 |
[3:17:42] | I’m not cornered. | 我没有居下风 |
[3:17:43] | And you’ll never corner me, Rhett Butler, or frighten me! | 而你也别想逼我或吓我 |
[3:17:46] | You’ve lived in dirt so long… | 你生活在污乱中太久了… |
[3:17:48] | you can’t understand anything else. | 你才不会了解其他的事 |
[3:17:50] | And you’re jealous of something you can’t understand… | 你是为了不了解的事在忌妒… |
[3:17:53] | Good night! | 晚安 |
[3:17:56] | Jealous, am I? | 忌妒 我吗 |
[3:17:58] | Yes, I suppose I am. | 是的 我想是吧 |
[3:18:00] | Even though I know you’ve been faithful to me all along. | 虽然如此 我知道你一直对我忠实 |
[3:18:04] | How do I know? | 我怎么会知道的呢 |
[3:18:05] | Because I know Ashley Wilkes, and his honorable breed. | 因为我了解艾西利及他可敬的人格 |
[3:18:09] | They’re gentlemen! | 他们是君子 |
[3:18:11] | And that’s more than I can say for you or for me! | 那不是你我可以说明的 |
[3:18:14] | We’re not gentlemen, and we have no honor, have we? | 我们不是君子 没有尊严 是吗 |
[3:18:27] | It’s not that easy, Scarlett. | 没那么容易 斯佳丽 |
[3:18:34] | You turned me out while you chased Ashley Wilkes. | 你只追求艾西利 而把我赶出去 |
[3:18:36] | While you dreamed of Ashley Wilkes. | 你梦想着艾西利 |
[3:18:38] | This is one night you’re not turning me out! | 今晚你别想我出去 |
[3:19:08] | How are you feeling this morning, Mammy? | 今天上午好吗 保姆 |
[3:19:11] | Well, this misery in my back ain’t so good. | 我的背神经痛不十分好 |
[3:19:18] | You actin’ mighty happy this mornin’, Miss Scarlett. | 你好像很快乐 斯佳丽 |
[3:19:20] | I am, Mammy. I am. | 是的 保姆 是的 |
[3:19:29] | Oh, she wept with delight when he gave her a smile | 当他朝她微笑时 她流露出喜悦 |
[3:19:34] | And trembled with fear at his frown. | 当他皱眉时她因担心而颤抖 |
[3:19:59] | I’d like to extend my apologies for my conduct of last night. | 我想为我昨晚的行为道歉 |
[3:20:03] | Oh, but Rhett… | 瑞德… |
[3:20:05] | I was very drunk… | 我太醉了… |
[3:20:06] | and quite swept off my feet by your charms. | 而且由于你的艳丽使我失去控制 |
[3:20:12] | Well, you needn’t bother to apologize… | 你没有必要道歉… |
[3:20:14] | Nothing you ever do surprises me! | 你所做的事从没让我惊讶 |
[3:20:16] | I’ve been thinking things over, and I really believe that… | 我已经仔细考虑过 我非常相信… |
[3:20:19] | it would be better for both of us… | 那对我们两个都是好的… |
[3:20:21] | if we admitted we’d made a mistake and got a divorce. | 我们已犯了错误 我们还是离婚好了 |
[3:20:24] | -A divorce? -Yes. | -离婚 -是的 |
[3:20:25] | There’s no point in our holding on to each other, is there? | 我们的婚姻没有意义 对吗 |
[3:20:28] | I’ll provide for you amply. You’ve plenty of grounds. | 我会供养你很好的 你拥有了很多土地 |
[3:20:31] | Just give me Bonnie… | 只要把宝尼给我… |
[3:20:32] | You can say what you please, I won’t contest it. | 我就不会在离婚上和你争 |
[3:20:34] | Thank you very much. | 谢谢你 |
[3:20:35] | But I wouldn’t dream of disgracing the family with a divorce. | 但我才不会有辱家门的离婚 |
[3:20:38] | You’d disgrace it quick enough if Ashley were free. | 如果艾西利是自由之身 你会的 |
[3:20:41] | It makes my head spin to think how quickly you’d divorce me. | 一想到很快要和你离婚我就头痛 |
[3:20:45] | Wouldn’t you, Scarlett? | 你不愿意吗 |
[3:20:48] | Well, answer me. | 回答我 |
[3:20:49] | Wouldn’t you? | 你不愿意吗 |
[3:20:50] | Will you please go now, and leave me alone? | 请你走吧 不要烦我 |
[3:20:54] | Yes, I’m going. That’s what I came to tell you. | 是的 我是要走 我就是来告诉你 |
[3:20:57] | I’m going on a very extended trip to London… | 我要去伦敦… |
[3:20:59] | and I’m leaving today. | 今天就走 |
[3:21:02] | And I’m taking Bonnie with me. | 我要带宝尼去 |
[3:21:04] | So you’ll please get her little duds packed right away. | 因此马上把她的衣服收拾好 |
[3:21:06] | You’ll never take my child out of this house. | 你别想带走我的孩子 |
[3:21:09] | She’s my child, too, Scarlett. | 她也是我的孩子 |
[3:21:11] | You’re making a mistake, if you think I’m leaving her here… | 你想让我把她留下 那你弄错了… |
[3:21:13] | with a mother who hasn’t the decency to… | 我不会把她留给一位… |
[3:21:15] | consider her own reputation. | 没名誉的母亲 |
[3:21:16] | You’re a fine one to talk. | 你的话真是精辟 |
[3:21:18] | You think I’ll let that child out of this house… | 你以为我会把她留给你… |
[3:21:19] | when you’ll probably have her around with… | 让她跟贝尔那种人… |
[3:21:21] | people like that Belle? | 一起吗 |
[3:21:23] | If you were a man I’d break your neck for that. | 如果你是男的 我会宰了你 |
[3:21:26] | As it is, I’ll thank you to shut your stupid mouth. | 因此 你给我闭嘴 |
[3:21:28] | As for you, giving yourself pious airs about your motherhood… | 对于你 装个母亲的样子… |
[3:21:31] | Why, a cat’s a better mother than you are. | 连一只猫都比你这母亲好 |
[3:21:34] | Have her things packed and… | 你必须在一小时内… |
[3:21:35] | ready for me in an hour, or I warn you… | 把东西准备好… |
[3:21:37] | I’ve always thought a good lashing… | 否则我警告你… |
[3:21:39] | with a buggy whip would benefit you immensely. | 我会用鞭子的 |
[3:21:46] | Excuse me, Mr.Rhett. | 对不起 瑞德先生 |
[3:21:48] | Hello, Uncle Rhett. | 瑞德叔叔 |
[3:21:49] | Hello, hello, Beau. | 你好 美人 |
[3:21:51] | Daddy, Daddy! | 爸爸 爸爸 |
[3:21:53] | Where have you been? I’ve been waiting for you all morning. | 你跑哪儿去了 我等你等了一个上午 |
[3:21:56] | Well, I’ve been hunting for… | 我去给你找… |
[3:21:58] | a rabbit skin to wrap my little Bonnie in. | 兔皮大衣去了 |
[3:22:00] | Give your best sweetheart a kiss. | 给你的甜心一个吻 |
[3:22:05] | I’m going to take you on a long trip to fairyland! | 我正要带你去一个很远的仙境 |
[3:22:09] | Where? Where? | 哪里 哪里 |
[3:22:11] | I’m going to show you the Tower of London… | 我要带你去看伦敦塔… |
[3:22:13] | where the little princes were… | 那儿有小王子… |
[3:22:15] | and London Bridge. | 还有伦敦大桥 |
[3:22:17] | London Bridge! | 伦敦大桥 |
[3:22:18] | Will it be falling down? | 它会垮下来吗 |
[3:22:22] | Well, it will if you want it to, darling. | 如果你想的话它就会 亲爱的 |
[3:22:26] | Daddy, dark! | 爸爸 好暗呀 |
[3:22:30] | Dark! | 黑暗 |
[3:22:32] | Daddy! Dark! | 爸爸 好暗呀 |
[3:22:35] | It’s all right. Who put out that light? Nurse! | 是的 谁把灯熄灭了 保姆 |
[3:22:38] | Daddy, dark! | 爸爸 好暗呀 |
[3:22:40] | Daddy, dark! | 爸爸 好暗呀 |
[3:22:41] | There. Yes, yes. | 爸爸在 |
[3:22:43] | What’s the matter with my Bonnie? | 什么东西吓了我的宝尼 |
[3:22:45] | A bear. | 一只熊 |
[3:22:47] | Oh, a bear? A big bear? | 一只熊 大个的吗 |
[3:22:50] | Dreadful big. And he sat on my chest. | 大得可怕 它压在我胸口上 |
[3:22:53] | Well, I’ll stay here and shoot him if he comes back. | 我在这 如果它再来我会把它打死 |
[3:23:12] | Good evening, Mr.Butler. | 晚安 巴特勒先生 |
[3:23:16] | Haven’t I told you… | 我不是告诉过你… |
[3:23:18] | never to leave her alone in the dark? | 不要让她一个人在黑暗里吗 |
[3:23:19] | If you’ll pardon me, sir… | 对不起 先生… |
[3:23:20] | children are often afraid of the dark, but they get over it. | 孩子会克服恐惧黑暗的心理 |
[3:23:23] | If you just let her scream for a night or two. | 让她哭一个晚上 |
[3:23:25] | Let her scream… | 让她哭… |
[3:23:26] | Either you’re a fool or the most inhuman woman I’ve ever seen! | 你不是个傻瓜就是个蛮妇 |
[3:23:29] | Of course, sir… | 当然… |
[3:23:30] | if you want her to grow up nervous and cowardly. | 你是否要她长大变得怯弱 |
[3:23:32] | Cowardly? | 怯弱 |
[3:23:33] | There isn’t a cowardly bone in her body. You’re discharged! | 她身体一根怯弱骨头也无 你被解雇了 |
[3:23:37] | As you say, sir. | 如你所愿 先生 |
[3:23:57] | Where is Mother? | 妈妈在哪里 |
[3:24:03] | Aren’t you happy here in London with me? | 你跟我在这儿不快乐吗 |
[3:24:06] | I want to go home. | 我要回家 |
[3:24:21] | Miss Bonnie! | 宝尼小姐 |
[3:24:22] | And Captain Butler! | 巴特勒船长 |
[3:24:25] | -Miss Scarlett! -Hello, Mammy. | -斯佳丽 -保姆好 |
[3:24:27] | Honey, child! | 小甜心 |
[3:24:29] | Miss Scarlett! They’s back! They’s back, Miss Scarlett! | 斯佳丽小姐 他们回来了 回来了 |
[3:24:34] | Bonnie! | 宝尼 |
[3:24:34] | Bonnie! Bonnie, baby! | 宝尼 宝尼 小宝贝 |
[3:24:36] | Darling, baby! | 小宝贝 |
[3:24:38] | Are you glad to be home? | 回到家高兴吗 |
[3:24:39] | Daddy gave me a kitten. | 爸爸给我一只小猫 |
[3:24:41] | -What a little, lovely kitten! -London’s a horrid place. | -好可爱的小猫 -伦敦是个可怕的地方 |
[3:24:45] | -Oh, my darling. -Where’s my pony? | -亲爱的 -我的小马呢 |
[3:24:47] | I want to go out and see my pony… | 我要去看我的小马… |
[3:24:49] | You go out and see your pony. | 你去看你的小马吧 |
[3:25:00] | Where’s my pony? | 我的小马在哪 |
[3:25:03] | I wanna go out and see my pony. | 我要出去看我的小马 |
[3:25:05] | You run along with Mammy. | 你和保姆一起去 |
[3:25:07] | -Come on, honey child. -Go with Mammy. | -来吧 甜心 -和保姆一起 |
[3:25:09] | Mammy sure has missed you, honey. | 保姆想死你了 甜心 |
[3:25:13] | Mrs.Butler, I believe. | 巴特勒夫人 我相信 |
[3:25:15] | Mammy said you’d come back. | 保姆说你会回来的 |
[3:25:18] | But only to bring Bonnie. | 只是为带宝尼回来 |
[3:25:20] | Apparently any mother, even a bad one… | 任何母亲 就算是坏的… |
[3:25:22] | is better for a child than none. | 也比没有好 |
[3:25:24] | You mean you’re going away again? | 你是说你又要走了吗 |
[3:25:26] | What perception, Mrs.Butler. | 多好的洞察力呀 巴特勒夫人 |
[3:25:28] | Right away. | 马上走 |
[3:25:30] | In fact, I left my bags at the station. | 事实上 我把包留在车站了 |
[3:25:34] | You’re looking pale. Is there a shortage of rouge? | 你看起来很苍白 是化妆没化好吗 |
[3:25:37] | Or can this wanness mean you’ve been missing me? | 这样憔悴表示你一直在想我吗 |
[3:25:40] | If I’m pale, it’s your fault. | 如果我苍白 那也是你的错 |
[3:25:42] | Not because I’ve been missing you, but because… | 不是因为我想你 而是因为… |
[3:25:49] | Pray continue, Mrs.Butler. | 继续说啊 巴特勒夫人 |
[3:25:51] | It’s because I’m going to have a baby. | 因为我怀孕了 |
[3:26:00] | Indeed? | 真的吗 |
[3:26:01] | And who’s the happy father? | 谁是这幸福的爸爸 |
[3:26:04] | You know it’s yours. | 你 |
[3:26:05] | I don’t want it any more than you do. | 我不像你那么要他 |
[3:26:07] | No woman would want the child of a cad like you. | 我不想要一个无赖的孩子 |
[3:26:09] | I wish it were anybody’s child but yours. | 我希望是别人的 而不是你的 |
[3:26:14] | Well, cheer up. Maybe you’ll have an accident. | 高兴点 你可能会发生意外的 |
[3:26:31] | Is she better? | 她好多了吗 |
[3:26:37] | Has she asked for me? | 她有没有叫我去 |
[3:26:39] | Don’t you understand? She’s delirious. | 你不明白吗 她神经错乱了 |
[3:26:42] | Rhett! | 瑞德 |
[3:26:45] | I want Rhett! | 我要瑞德 |
[3:26:51] | What’s the matter, honey? Did you call somebody, child? | 怎么了 亲爱的 你要什么人吗 |
[3:26:55] | It’s no use. | 没有用的 |
[3:26:57] | It’s no use. | 没有用的 |
[3:27:20] | Dr.Meade’s left. | 米笛大夫走了 |
[3:27:23] | Scarlett’s dead? | 斯佳丽死了 |
[3:27:24] | Oh, no, she’s much better. | 没有 她好多了 |
[3:27:27] | Really she is. | 她真的好多了 |
[3:27:45] | There, there, Captain Butler. You’re beside yourself. | 好了 巴特勒先生 你受刺激过度 |
[3:27:48] | She’ll very soon be well again, I promise you. | 她很快就会好的 我保证 |
[3:27:50] | No, you don’t understand. She never wanted this baby. | 不 你不明白 她不想要这个孩子 |
[3:27:54] | Not want a baby? Why, every woman wants a baby! | 怎么会 每个女人都想要孩子的 |
[3:27:56] | Yes, you want children, but she doesn’t. Not my children. | 斯佳丽不一样 不要我的孩子 |
[3:28:00] | She told me she didn’t want any more children… | 她告诉我她不再要孩子… |
[3:28:02] | and I wanted to hurt her because she’d hurt me. | 我原想伤她的心因为她伤我的心 |
[3:28:04] | I wanted to and I did. | 我本来要 而我真的做了 |
[3:28:05] | Hush. You mustn’t tell me these things… | 住口 你不要告诉我这些事… |
[3:28:07] | It’s not fit. | 那不合适 |
[3:28:09] | I didn’t know about this baby until the other day when she fell. | 我并不知道这个孩子 前几天她才告诉我的 |
[3:28:11] | If I’d known, I’d have come straight home… | 如果我知道 我会赶回来… |
[3:28:13] | whether she wanted me or not! | 不管她想我还是不想 |
[3:28:15] | Well, of course you would. | 当然你会的 |
[3:28:16] | And then when she told me, there on the steps, what did I do? | 而当她告诉我时 我都做了什么 |
[3:28:20] | What did I say? I laughed and I said… | 我说了些什么呢 我大笑 并且说… |
[3:28:23] | But you didn’t mean it. I know you didn’t mean it. | 但你不是有意的 我知道你没有 |
[3:28:25] | Oh, but I did mean it. I was crazy with jealousy. | 但我说了 我忌妒得发疯了 |
[3:28:28] | She’s never cared for me… | 她从来就不喜欢我… |
[3:28:30] | I thought I could make her care, but I couldn’t. | 我想要赢得她的心但没成功 |
[3:28:35] | You’re so wrong. | 你真是错了 |
[3:28:36] | Scarlett loves you a great deal, much more than she knows. | 斯佳丽她很爱你 比她想象的还多 |
[3:28:40] | If that were only true I could wait forever. | 如果那是真的 我可以永远的等下去 |
[3:28:43] | If she’d only forgive me, forget this ever happened. | 如果她原谅我的话 忘记过去发生的 |
[3:28:45] | She will. | 她会的 |
[3:28:47] | You must be patient. | 你要有耐心 |
[3:28:51] | Oh, no, it’s not possible. | 不 那是不可能的 |
[3:28:52] | You don’t understand. If you only knew who she really loved… | 你不明白 如果你知道她真正爱的人… |
[3:28:57] | you wouldn’t believe it. | 你就不会相信 |
[3:29:01] | Surely you haven’t listened to idle gossip. | 你可没有听信谣言吧 |
[3:29:04] | No, Captain Butler, I wouldn’t believe it. | 不 巴特勒先生 我不相信 |
[3:29:09] | There, there. Scarlett’s going to get well… | 好了 好了 斯佳丽会好起来… |
[3:29:11] | and there can be other babies. | 她可以再生孩子 |
[3:29:13] | Oh no, no, she couldn’t even if… | 不 她不会的… |
[3:29:15] | she wanted to, after what she’s been through. | 受过这次流产后是不会的 |
[3:29:17] | But of course she could. | 当然她会 |
[3:29:20] | I’m going to. | 我也一样 |
[3:29:24] | No, Miss Melly, you mustn’t risk it. It’s too dangerous. | 梅勒妮小姐 你不可以冒险 那太危险了 |
[3:29:28] | Children are life renewing itself, Captain Butler… | 孩子们本身就是生命的再生… |
[3:29:31] | and when life does that danger seems very unimportant. | 当生命是那样时 危险似乎就无关重要的 |
[3:29:38] | I’ve never before known anyone who was really brave. | 我从来没见过真正勇敢的人 |
[3:29:42] | I pray God things go well with you, Miss Melly. | 我祝你一切顺利 |
[3:29:45] | And I want to thank you for all… | 我很感谢你为我… |
[3:29:46] | you’ve done for me and for Scarlett. | 和斯佳丽所做的 |
[3:29:50] | From my heart, I thank you. | 我由衷地感谢你 |
[3:29:58] | Miss Scarlett’s feelin’ a heap better today, Mr.Rhett. | 斯佳丽今天好多了 瑞德先生 |
[3:30:02] | Thank you, Mammy. | 谢谢你 保姆 |
[3:30:10] | I’ve come to ask your forgiveness… | 我是来求你原谅的… |
[3:30:13] | in the hope that we can give our life together another chance. | 希望我们能重建生活 |
[3:30:16] | Our life together? | 我们的共同生活 |
[3:30:17] | When did we ever have a life together? | 我们什么时候有过共同生活 |
[3:30:21] | Yes, you’re right. | 是的 你说得没错 |
[3:30:23] | But I’m sure if we could only try again… | 但我相信 如果我们再试一次的话… |
[3:30:25] | we could be happy. | 我们会快乐的 |
[3:30:27] | Well, what is there to make us happy now? | 还有什么能让我们快乐的呢 |
[3:30:30] | Well, there’s Bonnie and… | 还有宝尼… |
[3:30:34] | and I love you, Scarlett. | 而且我爱你 斯佳丽 |
[3:30:36] | When did you discover that? | 你何时发觉的 |
[3:30:38] | I’ve always loved you… | 我一直都是爱你的… |
[3:30:39] | but you’ve never given me a chance to show it. | 但你从来就不让我表示爱意 |
[3:30:43] | Well, and just what do you want me to do? | 你到底要我怎样 |
[3:30:47] | To begin with, give up the mill, Scarlett. | 首先 不要那工厂 |
[3:30:50] | We’ll go away. | 我们离开这儿 |
[3:30:51] | We’ll take Bonnie and we’ll have another honeymoon. | 我们带着宝尼 再去度蜜月 |
[3:30:53] | Give up the mill? But why? It’s making more money than ever. | 不要那工厂 但是那很挣钱呀 |
[3:30:56] | Yes, I know, but we don’t need it. | 是的 但我们不需要 |
[3:30:58] | Sell it, or better still, give it to Ashley. | 卖掉它 或者更好 送给艾西利 |
[3:31:02] | Melanie’s been such a friend to both of us. | 梅勒妮对我们太好了 |
[3:31:03] | Always Melanie! If you’d only think a little more about me… | 总是梅勒妮 如果你多为我想… |
[3:31:06] | I am thinking of you… | 我是在为你想… |
[3:31:09] | and I’m thinking that… | 我是在想… |
[3:31:11] | well, maybe it’s the mill that’s taken you away from me… | 也许是那个工厂 把你从我身边带走… |
[3:31:14] | and from Bonnie. | 还有宝尼 |
[3:31:16] | I know what you’re thinking… | 我知道你在想什么… |
[3:31:17] | Don’t try to bring Bonnie into this. | 别打宝尼主意 |
[3:31:19] | You’re the one taking her away from me. | 是你从我身边带走她 |
[3:31:20] | But she loves you. | 但是她爱你 |
[3:31:22] | You’ve done everything possible to make her love you… | 你教她爱你… |
[3:31:23] | and not me. | 不爱我 |
[3:31:24] | Why, she’s so spoiled now that… | 她现在被宠坏了… |
[3:31:26] | Mommy! Daddy! | 妈妈 爸爸 |
[3:31:27] | Watch me! | 看我 |
[3:31:28] | We’re watching, darling. | 我们看着呢 亲爱的 |
[3:31:30] | You’re mighty pretty, precious. | 你真漂亮 小宝贝 |
[3:31:32] | So are you. | 你们也是 |
[3:31:34] | I’m going to jump. Watch me, Daddy. | 我要跳越栅栏了 看我的 爸爸 |
[3:31:37] | I don’t think you ought to do much jumping yet, Bonnie. | 我想你还不能跳 宝尼 |
[3:31:40] | Remember, you’ve just learned to ride sidesaddle. | 记住 你只学会了骑横座马鞍 |
[3:31:43] | I will so jump! | 我要跳 |
[3:31:44] | I can jump better than ever ’cause I’ve grown… | 我会 因为我长大了… |
[3:31:47] | and I’ve moved the bar higher. | 而且我提高了栅栏 |
[3:31:49] | Don’t let her do it, Rhett. | 不要让她跳 瑞德 |
[3:31:51] | No, Bonnie, you can’t… | 不 宝尼 你不可以… |
[3:31:53] | Well, if you fall off, don’t cry and blame me. | 如果你掉下来 不要怪我 |
[3:31:56] | Rhett, stop her! | 瑞德 阻止她 |
[3:31:59] | Bonnie! | 宝尼 |
[3:32:01] | Bonnie! | 宝尼 |
[3:32:04] | Just like Pa. | 就跟我爸爸一样 |
[3:32:09] | Just like Pa. | 就跟我爸爸一样 |
[3:32:11] | Bonnie! | 宝尼 |
[3:32:20] | Bonnie! | 宝尼 |
[3:32:22] | Bonnie! | 宝尼 |
[3:32:40] | Lordsy, Miss Melly. I sure is glad you has come. | 天呀 梅勒妮小姐 很高兴你来了 |
[3:32:46] | This house won’t seemthe same without Bonnie. | 这个家没有宝尼就不会再一样了 |
[3:32:49] | How’s Miss Scarlett bearing up? | 斯佳丽小姐好吗 |
[3:32:51] | Miss Melly, this here done broke her heart… | 梅勒妮小姐 她伤心极了… |
[3:32:55] | but I didn’t fetch you here on Miss Scarlett’s account. | 但我不是因为她才请你来的 |
[3:32:57] | What that child got to stand… | 不管孩子怎么样必须忍受… |
[3:32:59] | the good Lord give her strength to stand. | 上帝给她力量来承担 |
[3:33:03] | It’s Mr.Rhett I’s worried about. | 我是担心瑞德先生 |
[3:33:09] | He done lost his mind these last couple of days. | 这些日子来他失去理智了 |
[3:33:12] | No, Mammy, no. | 不 保姆 不 |
[3:33:13] | I ain’t never see’d no man… | 我从来没见过任何男人… |
[3:33:15] | black or white, set such store on any child. | 白人还是黑人 那么爱孩子 |
[3:33:18] | When Dr.Meade says her neck broke… | 当米笛大夫说她脖子断了时… |
[3:33:21] | Mr.Rhett grab his gun and run out there and shoot that poor pony | 他冲出去把那小马杀了 |
[3:33:25] | and for a minute I think he going to shoot himself. | 当时我还以为他要自杀呢 |
[3:33:29] | Oh, poor Captain Butler. | 可怜的巴特勒 |
[3:33:30] | Yes, ma’am. Miss Scarlett, she call him a murderer… | 而斯佳丽说他是凶手… |
[3:33:33] | for teachin’ that child to jump. | 是他教那孩子跨栏 |
[3:33:35] | She say, “You give me my baby what you kill.” | 她说 “是你把我的宝尼害死了” |
[3:33:38] | And then he say Miss Scarlett ain’t never… | 然后他说斯佳丽… |
[3:33:40] | cared nothin’ about Miss Bonnie. | 根本不关心宝尼 |
[3:33:42] | It like to turn my blood cold… | 他们彼此说的话… |
[3:33:44] | the things they say to one another. | 真叫我心寒 |
[3:33:47] | Stop, Mammy, don’t tell me any more. | 不要说了 保姆 不要再说了 |
[3:33:52] | And then that night… | 然后 那天晚上… |
[3:33:55] | Mr.Rhett, he locked hisself in the nursery with Miss Bonnie… | 瑞德先生把他自己和宝尼 锁在育婴室里… |
[3:34:00] | and he wouldn’t even open the door… | 当斯佳丽用力敲门时… |
[3:34:01] | when Miss Scarlett beat on it and hollered to him. | 大声叫喊 他也不开门 |
[3:34:03] | And that’s the way it’s been for two whole days. | 这种情形持续了两天了 |
[3:34:06] | Oh, Mammy. | 保姆 |
[3:34:08] | And then this evening, Miss Scarlett… | 于是今晚… |
[3:34:10] | she shout through the door… | 斯佳丽对他喊叫说… |
[3:34:12] | and she say the funeral set for tomorrow morning… | 明早要举行葬礼… |
[3:34:14] | and he says “You try that and I kills you tomorrow. | 他说 “如果你敢明天我就宰了你” |
[3:34:17] | Do you think I’s going to put my child away in the… | 你想我会把我的孩子放在黑暗里… |
[3:34:20] | in the dark when she’s so scared of it? | 她是那么怕黑暗 |
[3:34:23] | Oh, Mammy, he has lost his mind. | 他失去理智了 |
[3:34:26] | Yes, ma’am, that’s the God’s truth… | 真是的 保姆… |
[3:34:27] | He ain’t goin’ to let us bury that child. | 他不让我们把那孩子埋了 |
[3:34:29] | You gotta help us, Miss Melly. | 你必须帮我们 梅勒妮小姐 |
[3:34:31] | Oh, but I can’t intrude. | 但我不能干预呀 |
[3:34:33] | If you can’t help us, who can? | 如果你不能帮忙 还有谁可以呢 |
[3:34:35] | Mr.Rhett always set great store by your opinion. | 瑞德先生一向遵从你的意见 |
[3:34:41] | Please, Miss Melly. | 来吧 梅勒妮小姐 |
[3:34:44] | I’ll do what I can, Mammy. | 我尽力好了 保姆 |
[3:34:52] | Get away from that door, and leave us alone. | 走开 不要管我们 |
[3:34:55] | It’s Mrs.Wilkes, Captain Butler. | 我是威尔克斯夫人 巴特勒先生 |
[3:34:57] | Please let me in. | 让我进去 |
[3:34:58] | I’ve come to see Bonnie. | 我是来看宝尼的 |
[3:35:22] | Oh, Lord… | 天哪 |
[3:35:23] | please help Mr.Rhett in this hour of his grief. | 在瑞德先生的悲痛中 请帮助他吧 |
[3:35:38] | I want you to go and make a good deal of strong coffee… | 我想请你多煮一些浓咖啡… |
[3:35:42] | and bring it up to Captain Butler. I’ll go and see Miss Scarlett. | 然后拿给巴特勒先生 我去看看斯佳丽 |
[3:35:46] | But… | 但是… |
[3:35:47] | Captain Butler is quite willing for the funeral to take place… | 巴特勒先生愿意在明天早上… |
[3:35:51] | tomorrow morning. | 举行葬礼 |
[3:35:52] | Hallelujah. I suspects the angels fights on your side… | 哈利路亚 我想天使站在你这边… |
[3:35:54] | Miss Melly. Hallelujah. | 梅勒妮小姐 |
[3:35:58] | Miss Melly! Miss Melly! | 梅勒妮小姐 梅勒妮小姐 |
[3:36:01] | Miss Melly! | 梅勒妮小姐 |
[3:36:01] | Miss Melly! Miss Melly! | 梅勒妮小姐 梅勒妮小姐 |
[3:36:05] | Send for Dr.Meade, Mammy… | 去叫米笛大夫来 保姆… |
[3:36:08] | and try… | 然后… |
[3:36:09] | try to get me home. | 想办法送我回家 |
[3:36:12] | Miss Melly! Miss Melly! | 梅勒妮小姐 梅勒妮小姐 |
[3:36:21] | Where is my mother going away to? | 我母亲要到哪儿去 |
[3:36:24] | And why can’t I go along, please? | 我为什么不能跟着去 |
[3:36:27] | We can’t always go along, Beau, much as we may want to. | 我们不能总是跟着 乖孩子 即使我们很想去 |
[3:36:33] | You’re going back to bed now. | 你现在该睡觉了 |
[3:36:35] | Oh, Rhett, she can’t be dying, she can’t be! | 瑞德 她不能死 她不能 |
[3:36:39] | he hasn’t your strength. | 她没有你的力量 |
[3:36:41] | She’s never had any strength… | 她所有的… |
[3:36:42] | She’s never had anything but heart. | 只是一个深情的心 |
[3:36:45] | You knew that, too. | 你也知道 |
[3:36:46] | Why do I have to go back to bed? It’s morning. | 我为什么要回床上去呢 现在是早上呀 |
[3:36:50] | It isn’t really morning yet. | 还没有天亮呢 |
[3:36:58] | You may come in now, Scarlett. | 你可以进来了 斯佳丽 |
[3:37:00] | Dr.Meade, please let me see her! | 米笛大夫 请让我看她 |
[3:37:01] | I’ve been waiting here two whole days and I’ve got to tell her… | 我在这等了两天了 我必须告诉她… |
[3:37:05] | that I was wrong about something. | 有些事情我错了 |
[3:37:07] | She knows you were wrong. She wants to see Scarlett. | 她知道你错了 她要见斯佳丽 |
[3:37:13] | Miss Melly’s going to die in peace. | 梅勒妮就要祥和的去世了 |
[3:37:15] | I won’t have you easing your conscience telling her things… | 我不准你因后悔来赎你的良心… |
[3:37:18] | that make no difference now. You understand? | 别说些不重要的事情 明白吗 |
[3:37:36] | It’s me, Melly. | 是我 梅勒妮 |
[3:37:39] | Promise me? | 答应我 |
[3:37:41] | Anything. | 任何事都可以 |
[3:37:43] | Look after my little son. | 照顾我的小儿子 |
[3:37:46] | I gave him to you once before. | 我以前把他交给你过 |
[3:37:50] | Remember? | 记得吗 |
[3:37:52] | The day he was born. | 他出生那天 |
[3:37:54] | Please, Melly, don’t talk this way. I know you’ll get well. | 梅勒妮 请不要这样说 我知道你会好的 |
[3:37:58] | Promise me… | 答应我… |
[3:37:59] | college… | 上大学… |
[3:38:01] | Yes, yes, and Europe, and a pony, whatever he wants.But… | 是的 上欧洲的 还有小马 不管他要什么… |
[3:38:06] | Melly, do try… | 梅勒妮 要尽量… |
[3:38:08] | Ashley… | 艾西利… |
[3:38:11] | Ashley and you. | 艾西利和你 |
[3:38:15] | What about Ashley, Melly? | 艾西利怎样 梅勒妮 |
[3:38:19] | Look after him for me. | 替我照顾他 |
[3:38:22] | Just as you… | 就像你… |
[3:38:25] | looked after me for him. | 替他照顾我一样 |
[3:38:30] | I will, Melly. | 我会的 梅勒妮 |
[3:38:33] | Look after him… | 照顾他… |
[3:38:35] | but never let him know. | 但永远不要告诉他 |
[3:38:48] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[3:38:51] | Promise? | 答应我 |
[3:38:54] | What else, Melly? | 还有什么 梅勒妮 |
[3:38:56] | Captain Butler… | 巴特勒先生… |
[3:38:59] | be kind to him. | 要对他好 |
[3:39:02] | Rhett? | 瑞德 |
[3:39:04] | He loves you so. | 他很爱你 |
[3:39:09] | Yes, Melly. | 是的 梅勒妮 |
[3:39:13] | Goodbye. | 再见了 |
[3:39:15] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[3:39:34] | You ladies may come in now. | 女士们 你们可以进来了 |
[3:39:41] | Ashley. | 艾西利 |
[3:39:43] | I don’t know where the mate to this is. | 我不知道放在什么地方 |
[3:39:47] | She must have put it away. | 她肯定把它放好了 |
[3:39:50] | Oh, stop it. | 住手 |
[3:39:52] | Hold me. | 抱着我 |
[3:39:53] | I’m so frightened. | 我好害怕 |
[3:39:56] | I’m so frightened. | 我好害怕 |
[3:40:03] | Oh, Scarlett, what can I do? I can’t live without her, I can’t. | 斯佳丽 我不知道做什么 没有她我活不下去 |
[3:40:08] | Everything I ever had is… | 我所有的一切… |
[3:40:10] | is going with her. | 都随她而去了 |
[3:40:13] | Oh, Ashley. | 艾西利 |
[3:40:16] | You really love her, don’t you? | 你真的爱她 是吗 |
[3:40:19] | She’s the only dream I ever had that… | 她是我唯一的梦想… |
[3:40:21] | didn’t die in the face of reality. | 没有被现实毁掉的 |
[3:40:24] | Dreams! Always dreams with you, never common sense. | 梦想 老是梦想 从来没正常过 |
[3:40:27] | Oh, Scarlett! If you knew what I’ve gone through! | 斯佳丽 要是你能体会我所经受的 |
[3:40:32] | Ashley, you should have told me years ago that… | 艾西利 你早该告诉我你是爱她的… |
[3:40:34] | you loved her and not me… | 而不是我… |
[3:40:36] | and not left me dangling with your talk of honor. | 而不要因为道德观念让我悬吊着 |
[3:40:39] | But you had to wait till now, now when Melly’s dying… | 你却要等到梅勒妮死后… |
[3:40:43] | to show me that I could never mean any more to you than… | 才向我表示我不比… |
[3:40:47] | than this Watling woman does to Rhett. | 贝尔对瑞德的关系 |
[3:40:51] | And I’ve loved something that… | 而我却爱着… |
[3:40:54] | that doesn’t really exist. | 根本不存在的东西 |
[3:40:59] | Somehow… | 不知何故… |
[3:41:01] | I don’t care. | 我都不在乎 |
[3:41:04] | Somehow it doesn’t matter. | 然而都没关系 |
[3:41:08] | It doesn’t matter one bit. | 一点也没关系 |
[3:41:14] | Ashley, forgive me. | 艾西利 原谅我 |
[3:41:16] | Don’t cry. She mustn’t see you’ve been crying. | 别哭 她不希望看到你哭 |
[3:41:20] | Ashley! | 艾西利 |
[3:41:24] | Melly! | 梅勒妮 |
[3:41:27] | Melly! | 梅勒妮 |
[3:41:33] | Rhett, Rhett! | 瑞德 瑞德 |
[3:41:39] | Rhett, where are you? | 瑞德 你在哪 |
[3:41:45] | Rhett, wait for me! | 瑞德 等等我 |
[3:41:51] | Rhett, wait for me! | 瑞德 等等我 |
[3:42:20] | Rhett. | 瑞德 |
[3:42:25] | Come in. | 进来 |
[3:42:33] | Rhett… | 瑞德… |
[3:42:35] | Melanie, she’s… | 梅勒妮 她… |
[3:42:40] | Well, God rest her. | 上帝让她安息了 |
[3:42:42] | She was the only completely kind person I ever knew. | 她是我见过的唯一真正的好人 |
[3:42:46] | A great lady. | 一位伟大的女性 |
[3:42:48] | A very great lady. | 一位非常伟大的女性 |
[3:42:52] | So she’s dead. That makes it nice for you… | 那么她死了 对你是很好的… |
[3:42:54] | doesn’t it? | 是吧 |
[3:42:57] | Oh, how can you say such a thing… | 你怎么会那么说… |
[3:42:58] | You know how I loved her, really! | 你知道我多么爱她 真的 |
[3:43:02] | No, I don’t know that I do. | 不 我不知道 |
[3:43:04] | But at least it’s to your credit that… | 但至少在临终时… |
[3:43:05] | you could appreciate her at the end. | 你是感激她的 |
[3:43:07] | Of course I appreciated her… | 当然我也感激她… |
[3:43:09] | She thought of everybody except herself. | 她只为别人着想 |
[3:43:12] | Why her last words were about you. | 最后她还提到你 |
[3:43:14] | What did she say? | 她怎么说的 |
[3:43:16] | She said | 她说 |
[3:43:18] | Be kind to Captain Butler. He loves you so. | 要对巴特勒先生好 他很爱你 |
[3:43:26] | Did she say anything else? | 她还说了些什么 |
[3:43:28] | She said… | 她说… |
[3:43:30] | she asked me to look after Ashley, too. | 她要我照顾艾西利 |
[3:43:34] | It’s convenient to have the first wife’s permission, isn’t it? | 有他太太的准许 方便多了 |
[3:43:40] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意恩 |
[3:43:44] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[3:43:46] | I’m leaving you, my dear. | 我要离开你 亲爱的 |
[3:43:48] | All you need now is a divorce… | 你现在只需要离婚… |
[3:43:49] | and your dreams of Ashley can come true. | 你的艾西利之梦就可成真了 |
[3:43:55] | Oh, no! | 不 |
[3:43:57] | No, you’re wrong! Terribly wrong! | 不 你错了 大错特错了 |
[3:43:59] | I don’t want a divorce. Oh, Rhett, when I knew tonight… | 我不要离婚 瑞德 今晚当我知道… |
[3:44:03] | when I knew I loved you, I ran home to tell you. | 当我知道我爱你 我跑回来告诉你 |
[3:44:05] | Oh, darling, darling… | 亲爱的… |
[3:44:07] | Please don’t go on with this. | 请你不要再说了 |
[3:44:09] | Leave us some dignity to remember out of our marriage… | 在我们分手时 留点尊严吧… |
[3:44:10] | Spare us this last. | 剩下这最后的东西 |
[3:44:12] | This last? | 最后 |
[3:44:14] | Oh, Rhett, do listen to me. | 瑞德 听我说 |
[3:44:16] | I must have loved you for years… | 我一定爱你好几年了… |
[3:44:18] | only I was such a stupid fool I didn’t know it. | 而我傻得一点也不知道 |
[3:44:20] | Please believe me. You must care. | 请相信我 你一定要相信我 |
[3:44:23] | Melly said you did. | 梅勒妮说你喜欢我 |
[3:44:24] | I believe you. What about Ashley Wilkes? | 我相信你 那艾西利·威尔克斯呢 |
[3:44:28] | I never really loved Ashley. | 我从来就没真正爱过他 |
[3:44:31] | You certainly gave a good imitation of it, up till this morning. | 你真会演戏 一直都是 |
[3:44:36] | No, Scarlett. I tried everything. | 不 斯佳丽 所有的我都试过了 |
[3:44:38] | If you’d only met me half way… | 如果你只是半路遇到我… |
[3:44:40] | even when I came back from London. | 即使当我从伦敦回来时 |
[3:44:41] | I was so glad to see you… | 我当时好高兴看到你 我很高兴… |
[3:44:43] | I was, Rhett, but you were so nasty. | 瑞德 但你太坏了 |
[3:44:45] | And then, when you were sick and it was all my fault… | 当你生病时 那都是我的错… |
[3:44:48] | I hoped against hope that you’d call for me, but you didn’t. | 我祈祷你会叫我陪你 而你没有 |
[3:44:51] | I wanted you.I wanted you desperately… | 我当时太需要你了… |
[3:44:54] | but I didn’t think you wanted me. | 但我想你并不需要我 |
[3:44:57] | It seems we’ve been at cross purposes, doesn’t it… | 似乎我们都走在岔路上… |
[3:44:59] | But it’s no use now. | 但现在没有用了 |
[3:45:02] | As long as there was Bonnie… | 有宝尼在… |
[3:45:04] | there was a chance we might be happy. | 我们可能会快乐 |
[3:45:06] | I liked to think that Bonnie was you. | 我会把她当作是你 |
[3:45:08] | A little girl again… | 一个小女孩… |
[3:45:10] | before the war, and poverty had done things to you. | 在战争和穷困还没使你无情之前 |
[3:45:12] | She was so like you, and I could pet her… | 她很像你 而我宠坏了她… |
[3:45:15] | and spoil her, as I wanted to spoil you. | 就像我要宠坏你一样 |
[3:45:19] | But when she went, she took everything. | 但当她死去时 她带走了一切 |
[3:45:21] | Oh, Rhett! | 瑞德 |
[3:45:23] | Rhett, please don’t say that. | 瑞德 不要说了 |
[3:45:25] | I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry for everything. | 我很抱歉 为所有一切抱歉 |
[3:45:30] | My darling, you’re such a child. | 亲爱的 你真是个小孩子 |
[3:45:32] | You think that by saying, “I’m sorry, “… | 你认为说声对不起… |
[3:45:34] | all the past can be corrected. | 过去的一切就可挽回吗 |
[3:45:39] | Here, take my handkerchief. | 给 拿着手帕 |
[3:45:42] | Never, at any crisis of your life… | 在危难的时候… |
[3:45:43] | have I known you to have a handkerchief. | 我从来就没看你使用过手帕哭泣 |
[3:45:51] | Rhett, where are you going? | 瑞德 你要去哪 |
[3:45:53] | I’m going to Charleston. Back where I belong. | 回到查尔斯顿故乡去 回到属于我的地方 |
[3:45:55] | Please. Please take me with you. | 求求你 带我一起去 |
[3:45:58] | No. I’m through with everything here. | 不要 这里我受够了 |
[3:46:01] | I want peace. | 我要平静 |
[3:46:03] | I want to see if somewhere there isn’t something left… | 我要为生活… |
[3:46:05] | of charm and grace. | 找点情趣 |
[3:46:08] | Do you know what I’m talking about? | 你明白我说的吗 |
[3:46:10] | No. I only know that I love you. | 不 我只知道我爱你 |
[3:46:12] | That’s your misfortune. | 那是你的不幸 |
[3:46:14] | Oh, Rhett. | 瑞德 |
[3:46:21] | Rhett! | 瑞德 |
[3:46:28] | Rhett! | 瑞德 |
[3:46:29] | If you go, where shall I go? What shall I do? | 如果你走 我能去哪呢 我能做什么呢 |
[3:46:33] | Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn. | 说老实话 亲爱的 我才不管呢 |
[3:46:50] | Oh, I can’t let him go! I can’t! | 我不能让他走 不能 |
[3:46:53] | There must be some way to bring him back. | 一定有什么办法让他回来 |
[3:46:57] | I can’t think about it now. I’ll go crazy if I do! | 我现在不能想这个 如果我再想 我会发疯的 |
[3:47:03] | I’ll think about it tomorrow. | 我明天再想 |
[3:47:20] | But I must think about it. | 但我一定要想这件事 |
[3:47:22] | I must think about it. | 我一定要想这件事 |
[3:47:26] | What is there to do? | 还有什么要做的呢 |
[3:47:29] | What is there that matters? | 还有什么重要的事呢 |
[3:47:34] | Do you mean to tell me, Katie Scarlett O’Hara… | 你是说 卡蒂·斯佳丽·奥哈拉… |
[3:47:36] | that Tara doesn’t mean anything to you… | 你不珍惜你的土地… |
[3:47:38] | Why, land’s the only thing that matters. | 土地是世上唯一真实的东西 |
[3:47:40] | It’s the only thing that lasts. | 那是唯一留下的东西 |
[3:47:43] | Something you love better than me… | 塔拉庄园 是你爱它更甚过我… |
[3:47:45] | though you may not know it. Tara. | 虽然你可能不知道 |
[3:47:47] | It’s this from which you get your strength… | 从这样东西 你获得力量… |
[3:47:48] | The red earth of Tara. | 塔拉庄园的红土 |
[3:47:50] | Why, land’s the only thing that matters… | 土地是世上唯一真实的东西… |
[3:47:52] | It’s the only thing that lasts. | 那是唯一留下的东西 |
[3:47:54] | Something you love better than me… | 塔拉庄园 是你爱它更甚过我… |
[3:47:56] | though you may not know it. Tara. | 虽然你可能不知道 |
[3:47:58] | This from which you get your strength. The red earth of Tara. | 从这样东西 你获得力量 塔拉庄园的红土 |
[3:48:01] | Why, land’s the only thing that matters. | 土地是世上唯一真实的东西 |
[3:48:02] | Something you love better than me. | 是你爱它更甚过我 |
[3:48:04] | The red earth of Tara. | 塔拉庄园的红土 |
[3:48:05] | -Tara! -Tara! | -塔拉庄园 -塔拉庄园 |
[3:48:10] | Tara! | 塔拉庄园 |
[3:48:12] | Home! | 家 |
[3:48:15] | I’ll go home! | 我要回去 |
[3:48:17] | And I’ll think of some way to get him back. | 我会想办法找他回来的 |
[3:48:20] | After all… | 毕竟… |
[3:48:22] | tomorrow is another day. | 明天又是另外一天 |