英文名称:The Savages
年代:2007
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:06] | & I don’t want to play in your yard & | 我无意在你庭院嬉戏 |
[01:14] | & I don’t like you anymore & | 不再如昔日般爱你 |
[01:22] | & you’ll be sorry & | 当你发现 |
[01:25] | & when you see me & | 我一路顺梯 |
[01:29] | & sliding down & | 滑进地下室 |
[01:32] | & our cellar door & | 你万分不悦 |
[01:38] | & you can’t holler & | 你望着我们的恶作剧 |
[01:41] | & down our rain barrel & | 只能兴叹 无法发作 |
[01:46] | & you can’t climb our apple tree & | 你无法追着我们爬上苹果树 |
[01:53] | & I don’t want to play & | 我无意 |
[01:57] | & in your yard & | 在你庭院嬉戏 |
[02:02] | & if you can’t be good to me && | 除非你能真心待我 |
[02:29] | Somebody forgot something in the bathroom. | 有人把东西忘在浴室了 |
[02:40] | Lenny, you forgot to flush. | 莱尼 你忘冲厕所了 |
[02:43] | I’m eating my cereal. don’t you see? | 我在吃东西呢 你没看见吗 |
[02:46] | I need to use the restroom. | 我现在要上厕所 |
[02:49] | – so flush it. – I’m not a housekeeper, remember? | -那你去冲啊 -我可不是你的保姆 |
[02:52] | I’m a home health-care professional. | 我是个职业家庭护士 |
[02:53] | Not mine. you’re hers. | 不关我的事 你是她雇来的 |
[02:56] | Go bother her. I’m eating. | 去找她 我在吃东西 |
[02:59] | Go take care of your business in the bathroom, mr. savage. | 去把厕所收拾干净 萨维奇先生 |
[03:02] | You do it. | 你自己去 |
[03:04] | As you already pointed out, you are not under my jurisdiction. | 你刚才自己也说了 我不用管你的事情 |
[03:07] | I am not paid to take care of your shit. | 我不是雇来给你清理大便的 |
[03:12] | What the hell are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[03:13] | Take care of your business in the bathroom, and I’ll give you back your wheat chex. | 把厕所冲干净 我就把你的麦片还给你 |
[03:30] | Son of a bitch. | 婊子养的 |
[03:44] | Are you cleaning up after yourself, mr. savage? | 萨维奇先生 你在打扫厕所了吗 |
[04:10] | lenny? | 莱尼 |
[04:25] | I don’t hear a flush, lenny. | 我没听见冲厕所的声音 莱尼 |
[04:37] | Leonard? | 伦纳德 |
[04:56] | fasten your seat belts. | 请系好安全带 |
[05:00] | It’s going to be a bumpy night. | 今晚会有些颠簸 |
[05:02] | That was bette davis as margo channing… | 刚才那是贝蒂·戴维丝模仿的马戈·查妮 |
[05:04] | And this is wendy savage as herself. | 现在我是wendy savage本人 |
[05:07] | – leave me a message after the- – | 请在嘀声后留言 |
[05:10] | Aloha, wendy. | 你好 温迪 |
[05:12] | This is nancy lachman, doris metzger’s daughter, calling from honolulu. | 我是南希·莱奇曼 多丽丝·梅斯格的女儿 从檀香山打来 |
[05:16] | I’m calling because- well, I just got a very disturbing call from arizona. | 我打来是因为我刚接到从亚利桑那打来的一个电话 |
[05:20] | There’s been some trouble with your dad. | 你父亲状况不太好 |
[05:23] | Dear selection committee… | 亲爱的选拔委员会… |
[05:28] | If awarded your prestigious fellowship… | 如果能得到你们用于艺术创作的 |
[05:36] | …for artistic creation… | 享誉盛名的基金 |
[05:40] | I would use the money… | 我会将此笔资金用于 |
[05:42] | To complete the writing and research… | 完成我的一部 |
[05:47] | Of my new semi-autobiographical play… | 新的半自传体剧本 |
[05:53] | No, wait. | 不对 等等 |
[05:57] | My new… | 我的一部新的 |
[06:01] | Subversive, semi-autobiographical play… | 具颠覆意义的半自传戏剧 |
[06:04] | About my childhood, entitled… | 一部关于我的童年时代 |
[06:07] | Wake me when it’s over. | 名叫”请在结束时唤醒我” |
[06:14] | – hey, wen. – hi, matt. | -嗨 温 -马特 |
[06:16] | – how’s it going? getting anywhere? – just trying to power through. | -怎么样 进展如何啊 -我尽力在弄 |
[06:19] | Oh, yeah. just do what you can. don’t kill yourself. | 量力而行 别逼自己 |
[06:27] | Inspired by the work of jean genet… | 我是受到让·热奈的作品 |
[06:29] | The cartoons of lynda barry… | 还有林德·巴里的漫画 |
[06:32] | And the family dramas of eugene o’neill… | 还有尤金·奥尼尔的家族戏剧之启发 |
[06:37] | Wake me when it’s over tells the story… | “请在结束时唤醒我”讲述了 |
[06:41] | Of a brother and sister who… | 一对兄妹 |
[06:44] | After being abandoned by their abusive father… | 在遭到暴虐父亲的遗弃 |
[06:48] | Are forced to fend for themselves… | 以及绝望的母亲开始和别人约会 |
[06:50] | When their depressive mother goes out on a date… | 却一去不回之后 |
[06:54] | From which she never returns. | 被迫学会独立和自我保护的故事 |
[06:56] | Thank you for considering my proposal. | 感谢你们能考虑我的作品 |
[07:00] | Sincerely yours, wendy savage. | 忠实的 温迪·萨维奇 |
[07:25] | Hello. hello. | 你好啊 |
[07:28] | You have two new messages. | 您有两条新留言 |
[07:33] | First message… | 第一条 |
[07:35] | Ms. savage, this is donna from dr. reichman’s office. | 萨维奇女士 我是多娜 从理查曼的诊所打来 |
[07:38] | I’m just calling to let you know… | 我想告诉你 |
[07:40] | That your pap smear results came back today and it’s normal. | 你的乳房检查结果今天出来了 一切正常 |
[07:43] | Everything’s fine, so there’s nothing to worry about. | 没什么要担心的 |
[07:46] | – if you have any questions regarding the test, give me- – | 如果你对检查结果有什么疑问 请给我… |
[07:59] | – hi. – hi. | -你好 -好啊 |
[08:02] | – is this a bad time? I saw your lights come on. – no. I’m just… | -现在是不是不方便 我看见你屋里的灯亮着 -不 我只是 |
[08:07] | – you know… – oh, okay, then. | -你知道 -哦 行 那算了 |
[08:08] | – no. I don’t want to disturb you if you’re… – no, do, if you can. | -不 我并不想打扰你如果你 -不 你不会打扰我的 |
[08:13] | Can you? | 对吗 |
[08:15] | I got marley. | 我把马莉带来了 |
[08:24] | – let’s move to the bed. – no, I like it here. let’s do it on the floor. | -我们到床上做 -不 我喜欢在这 我们在地板上做吧 |
[08:27] | – no, come on, larry. – I need you to feel how hard my cock is. | -不行 拜托 拉里 -我想让你感受一下我下面有多硬 |
[08:30] | I don’t want to! the floor is gross. | 我不要 在地板上很恶心 |
[08:34] | You used to like it on the floor. | 你以前喜欢这么干的 |
[08:36] | When you first moved in, remember? | 你刚搬进来的时候 不记得了吗 |
[08:38] | Yeah, well, not anymore. | 是的 但是现在不喜欢了 |
[08:41] | It’s middle-aged and depressing. | 那让人感觉人到中年 死气沉沉的 |
[08:45] | It makes me want to cry. | 让我想哭 |
[08:49] | – come here, sweetie. – what’s the matter? | -过来 宝贝 -你怎么了 |
[08:51] | – come here, good girl. there we go. – | -过来 乖女孩 到这来 |
[08:54] | – what? – I’ve got things going on. | -怎么了 -我有事 |
[08:58] | – what things? – just… things. | -什么事 -就是…事 |
[09:00] | Larry, things. it’s personal. | 拉里 就是有事情 我的私事 |
[09:02] | I thought this was personal. | 我觉得现在这就是私事 |
[09:04] | Oh, personal… medical. | 私事…卫生方面的 |
[09:07] | Okay? | 明白吗 |
[09:10] | It’s cervical. | 宫颈 |
[09:17] | I had a pap smear. something was irregular. | 我以前做了个乳房检查 检查出来有点不正常 |
[09:20] | Then I had to have another pap smear. they just called with the results. | 于是我又做了个检查 今天刚出结果 |
[09:24] | And? | 然后呢 |
[09:26] | And it’s… you know, it’s not for sure yet, you know… | 然后 还不确定 |
[09:31] | But they might have to go in and take something out… | 医生得进到我那里面弄点东西出来 |
[09:34] | And test it and make sure it’s not, you know. | 然后检测 才能确定没事 你知道 |
[09:39] | God forbid. | 希望没事 |
[09:51] | – I’m sorry, wen. | -对不起 温 |
[09:58] | Annie had that. | 安妮也有过 |
[10:04] | What? | 什么 |
[10:06] | A cervical thing… some kind of procedure. | 宫颈方面的问题 也做过这些检查 |
[10:10] | I went with her to the appointment. | 我陪她一起看过医生 |
[10:12] | She said it was pretty painless. a little sore afterwards… | 她说感觉不到什么 但之后会有点疼 |
[10:14] | I feel… I don’t need to be hearing about your wife’s cervix right now. | 我 我现在不想听你谈关于你老婆宫颈的事 |
[10:18] | – I’m just trying to be comforting. – oh, well, it’s not. | -我只是想安慰你 -没必要 |
[10:21] | – oh. – it’s upsetting. | -是吗 -真让人烦 |
[10:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:25] | – sorry. – god! | -抱歉 -够了 |
[10:54] | Come here. | 过来 |
[11:00] | Come on! | 走吧 |
[11:02] | See you. | 再见 |
[11:36] | Hello. | 喂 |
[11:37] | Jon, it’s me. | 乔恩 是我 |
[11:39] | Dad is writing on the walls with his shit. | 老爸用自己的大便在墙上写字 |
[11:43] | – he’s what? – he’s writing with his shit, jon… words! | -他干吗 -他用自己的大便写字 乔恩 |
[11:47] | On the bathroom wall, and he’s leaving them there, for this guy… | 在厕所墙上写字 |
[11:50] | Eduardo, to find, like messages. | 好像是给写给那个叫埃东多的男人看的 |
[11:52] | Wendy, what-what the fuck are you talking about? | 温迪 你到底在说什么 |
[11:55] | – I am talking about dad. – okay. | -我在说爸爸 -好 |
[11:58] | He is losing his mind, or something. | 他好像疯了 |
[12:00] | I got a phone call… there’s something wrong with him. | 我接到一个电话 说他出了点问题 |
[12:02] | He’s acting out with his shit. it’s all he has left. | 他用自己拉的屎自娱自乐 |
[12:05] | And now he’s using it to piss this guy off. | 好像是要成心惹毛那个男的 |
[12:07] | – uh, what guy? – doris’s caregiver guy. | -哪个男的 -多丽丝的护理员 |
[12:10] | – here, here. listen. – | -这儿 这儿 你听听 |
[12:13] | Aloha, wendy. | 你好 温迪 |
[12:14] | This is nancy lachman, doris metzger’s daug… | 我是南希·莱奇曼 是多丽丝·梅斯格的女儿 |
[12:20] | There’s been some trouble with your dad. | 你父亲的状况不太好 |
[12:22] | I know you haven’t communicated with your father for quite some time. | 我知道你和你父亲有一段时间没联系了 |
[12:25] | He’s not the same anymore. he forgets things, and… | 他现在已经大不如前了 很健忘而且… |
[12:28] | I’m sorry to leave this on the machine- | 我很抱歉在留言里说这些 |
[12:30] | But eduardo found lenny this morning… | 但是埃东多今早发现莱尼 |
[12:32] | – handling his, uh, fecal matter. – uh, wendy… | -在玩自己的 自己的排泄物 -喂 温迪 |
[12:35] | We hired eduardo to care for our mother, not your father. | 我们雇埃东多是来照顾我们的母亲的 不是你们的父亲 |
[12:37] | – wendy! – what? | -温迪 -怎么了 |
[12:39] | Turn it off. | 关掉它 |
[12:40] | – what is your problem? – it’s the middle of the night. | -怎么了 -现在是半夜 |
[12:43] | I’ve got to teach in the morning, and I’m on a deadline. | 我明早还有课 我在赶进度呢 |
[12:46] | He is writing with his shit, jon! our father! | 他用自己的大便写字 乔恩 是我们的父亲 |
[12:49] | Do not leave me alone with this! | 休想推到我一个人头上 |
[12:51] | I’m not leaving you alone. I’m just hanging up. | 我不是推给你 我只是想要挂电话了 |
[12:54] | – we’ll talk tomorrow. okay? – we don’t even know where the man lives anymore. | -我们明天再商量 行吗 -我们甚至不知道他住哪 |
[12:58] | You want to know where he lives? sun city. | 你知道他住哪吗 太阳城 |
[13:01] | Have you ever heard of that? in the middle of the desert somewhere. | 你听说过吗 沙漠里的某个地方 |
[13:04] | We’re gonna have to go out there and find him. | 我们得去那儿找到他 |
[13:05] | We are not gonna have to go out there and find him. | 我们不用去找他 |
[13:07] | Wendy, we are not in a sam shepard play. | 温迪 我们又不是在演山姆·普德写的戏 |
[13:10] | We’re gonna have to do something. this is a crisis. | 我们得采取行动 这是个大危机 |
[13:12] | Look, I don’t think this actually qualifies as a crisis. | 我不觉得这算得上是个危机 |
[13:15] | It’s an alarm, okay? but it’s not a crisis, not yet. | 只是个小小预警罢了 还不算是危机 |
[13:19] | – you mean, it’s like we’re in orange. – what? | -你是说这好比我们玩橘子郡那样 -什么 |
[13:22] | Yeah. right, exactly. | 哦 是的 正是如此 |
[13:25] | But we’re in yellow, okay? | 不过我们还在黄线范围 |
[13:28] | So we should just… be aware… | 所以我们只是需要注意点 |
[13:32] | And be cautious. | 警觉点 |
[13:34] | And when it hits red, then we’re in trouble. | 等到红线的时候 我们就有麻烦了 |
[13:37] | Okay? | 好了吧 |
[13:42] | Your color, right? ms. metzger? ravishing red? | 你要的颜色 是吗 梅斯格太太 夺目红 |
[13:48] | Uh, right? | 是吗 |
[13:57] | See? good color, right? | 看 很漂亮的颜色 是吧 |
[14:01] | Sexy. okay. | 很性感 好吧 |
[14:10] | -oh, my goodness. | 我的天啊 |
[14:13] | Ms. metzger? | 梅斯格太太 |
[14:24] | Andy, it’s me, jon. | 安迪 是我 乔恩 |
[14:26] | Good, good. | 很好 不错 |
[14:28] | I’m, uh, still plugging away on that brecht book. | 我 嗯 还在布莱那本书上停滞不前 |
[14:32] | Yeah, well, he’s a complex man. and you? | 是 他是个很复杂的男人 你怎么样 |
[14:36] | Oh, yeah, I heard stanford’s playing footsie with you. | 是啊 我听说斯坦福在追你 |
[14:41] | That’s great. oh, great. | 很不错啊 |
[14:44] | – look, I need a favor. – | 听着 我需要你的帮助 |
[14:47] | Well, it’s kind of last minute. I’m out of town, actually. | 嗯 算是紧急事情 实际上我现在不在城里 |
[14:51] | Arizona. | 亚利桑那 |
[14:54] | Yeah, it’s a family thing. | 是 是家里的事情 |
[14:57] | No, nothing serious. it’s my father. | 不 不是很严重 是我父亲 |
[15:00] | No, he’s just, uh… his girlfriend died. | 不 他 嗯 他女朋友死了 |
[15:03] | Yeah. and, uh, he’s getting pretty old himself, I guess, like everybody. | 而且他自己也年老体迈了 和所有人一样变老 |
[15:09] | Yeah. well, that’s what I was gonna ask you. | 是 我正要问你这个 |
[15:11] | It’s my 9:00 a.m. on monday. | 我这边现在是周一上午9点 |
[15:14] | “oedipal rage and beckett,” of all things. | 首先是讲”恋母情结暴力” |
[15:17] | – I have to stop at baggage claim. – hold on. hold on a second. | -我要去提行李 -等等 等一下 |
[15:20] | – you checked luggage? we’re only here for a day. – two days and one night. | -你还带了行李啊 我们只呆一天 -是两天一夜 |
[15:23] | Excuse me if I plan on changing my clothes. | 我很抱歉 我得有衣服可换 |
[15:25] | Sorry. uh, it’s my sister. | 不好意思 是我妹妹 |
[15:42] | – I gained some weight. – I didn’t say anything. | -我有点胖了 -我没说什么啊 |
[15:46] | Kasia didn’t have you pack a button-down? | 卡莎没有给你带上一件礼服吗 |
[15:49] | – what is this, a goddamn fashion show? – no. | -我们是要去参加时装表演吗 -不是 |
[15:51] | It’s just, when someone dies, people dress up. | 但人们通常会在葬礼上稍微打扮一下 |
[15:57] | She’s moving back to poland. | 她要回波兰了 |
[16:01] | – what, you and kasia broke up? – her visa expired. | -什么 你和卡莎分手了吗 -她的签证到期了 |
[16:05] | S-so that’s it? her visa expires, so… so it’s over? | 就这样吗 她签证到期了 所以就玩完了 |
[16:09] | Well, it’s either that or we get married… | 要不分手 要不就是结婚 |
[16:11] | And no one’s ready for that, okay? | 而且我们都没准备好要结婚 |
[16:19] | You’ve been together for over three years. you’re 42 years old… | 你们在一起3年多了 而且你都42岁了 |
[16:22] | Wendy, I really don’t need romantic advice from my little sister at the moment. | 温迪 我现在不需要我妹妹给我什么爱情建议 |
[16:25] | Let’s just take care of the situation and stay out of each other’s shit, okay? | 我们现在只要把事情解决了 谁也别管谁的事 行吗 |
[16:28] | I’m just trying to talk about it. | 我只是想和你聊一聊 |
[16:30] | Well, we’re not in therapy right now. we’re in real life. | 我们现在不是在做心理辅导 我们在现实中 |
[17:08] | Oh, here. I almost forgot. shoot. we have to sign this. | 哦 我差点忘了 我们得签上这个 |
[17:11] | They didn’t have a very big selection. is this okay? | 样子有点俗 但还过得去吧 |
[17:15] | “these words, we hope, may ease your loss. | “我们希望能减轻你们的伤痛” |
[17:18] | “our prayers are with you, our love, our thoughts. | “我们的祈祷 关爱 思念与你们同在” |
[17:20] | So this is sent with some…” | 所以我们寄来这些… |
[17:23] | Here. | 在这签 |
[17:34] | Don’t forget the balloon. | 别忘了拿气球 |
[17:58] | You must be leonard’s kids. | 你们一定是伦纳德的子女吧 |
[18:03] | The hospital’s just five minutes away. | 到医院就5分钟的距离 |
[18:05] | And don’t worry. it’s nothing serious. | 不用担心 没什么大不了的 |
[18:08] | He’s been feeling kind of faint… | 他只是比较虚弱 |
[18:10] | And what with the toileting incident and all… | 还有厕所那件事情 |
[18:13] | The doctor thought a few tests were in order. | 医生们都做了检查 觉得没事 |
[18:16] | Well, l-i guess… | 那我想 |
[18:18] | I guess we should be going then. | 我想我们该去看看了 |
[18:26] | – we’re really sorry about your mom. – oh, thank you. | -我们对您母亲的事表示遗憾 -哦 谢谢 |
[18:28] | Uh, jon, wendy… | 乔恩 温迪 |
[18:31] | One more thing before you go. | 你们走之前还有一件事 |
[18:33] | Please sit. | 请坐 |
[18:41] | I just want to say… | 我想说 |
[18:45] | You know, we love lenny. | 你们知道 我们很爱莱尼 |
[18:49] | He’s been like family to us, but… | 他就像我们的家人 但是 |
[18:54] | He’s not really our family… he’s yours. | 他不是我们的家人 是你们的 |
[18:56] | So… | 所以 |
[18:59] | I hope you’ll be able to find someplace nice for him. | 我希望你们能给他找个好地方 |
[19:01] | – what do you mean? – she means a place where he can live. | -你说的什么意思 -她是说给他找个栖身之处 |
[19:06] | – right. he lives here. – that’s correct. | -是 他住这啊 -是啊 |
[19:08] | Your father’s been living off the charity of our family for quite some time. | 你父亲依靠我们的施舍过了很久了 |
[19:12] | – bill… – why would you say charity, bill? | -比尔 -什么施舍 比尔 |
[19:15] | Doris asked my father to come live with her as a boyfriend, not a boarder. | 是多丽丝让我父亲做为她男友搬去和她住 这不是寄人篱下 |
[19:18] | They were a couple. they were together for over 20 years. | 他们是一对 他们在一起20多年了 |
[19:21] | You can’t just throw the man out on the street. | 你们不能把那个男人扔到大街上 |
[19:24] | He has a right to live here. legally speaking, it’s a common law marriage at this point. | 他有权住这儿 法律上来讲 这算是一段婚姻关系 |
[19:28] | Not exactly. | 并不算是 |
[19:32] | Not in front of the kids, bill. | 别在孩子面前 比尔 |
[19:34] | Let’s step outside. | 我们到外面去 |
[19:50] | So, was lenny there when this was signed? | 那么莱尼是在签下这些才住进去的吗 |
[19:52] | Notarized, all legal. | 都是证明过的 完全合法 |
[19:58] | It’s called a non-marital agreement. it’s like a prenup without the nup. | 叫做不婚协议 就好比婚前同居 但不结婚 |
[20:01] | It says that even though they lived together… | 那上面说就算两人住在一起 |
[20:03] | They have no legal obligation to each other, that everything’s separate. | 他们彼此没有法律义务 所有的东西都分的一清二楚 |
[20:06] | And, basically, dad has no legal right to any of her property. | 而且基本上 爸爸无权继承任何遗产 |
[20:10] | Bet you they’ve already got the place listed. | 我敢打赌他们都选好给他住的地方了 |
[20:12] | Did you notice that there wasn’t one picture of us anywhere? | 你注意吗 那儿没有一张我俩的照片 |
[20:15] | Are you surprised? | 有什么好惊讶的吗 |
[20:17] | It’s like we don’t even exist. | 好象我们从来不存在一样 |
[21:05] | – where the hell have you been? – hi, dad. | -你们上哪去了 -嗨 爸爸 |
[21:07] | – hi, dad. how are you? – how are you? | -嗨 爸爸你怎么样 -你怎么样 |
[21:09] | They had me hog-tied for two days. | 他们把我捆了两天了 |
[21:11] | We got here as soon as we could. | 我们尽快赶来了 |
[21:13] | We came straight from the airport. it-it’s jon and wendy. | 我们从机场直接过来的 我们是乔恩和温迪 |
[21:16] | I know who you are. | 我知道你们是谁 |
[21:18] | The late ones. you’re late. | 迟到的家伙 你们来晚了 |
[21:20] | You weren’t here, and this is what they do, see? | 你们不在这里 瞧瞧他们都干了什么 |
[21:24] | – dad… – you weren’t here, I said! nobody! | -爸爸 -你们不在这里 没人在这里 |
[21:26] | – jon, go get somebody. -dad, we weren’t here ’cause we live on the east coast. | -乔恩 去找人来 -爸爸 我们不在因为我们住在东海岸啊 |
[21:30] | – remember? – yeah? | -记得吗 -是吗 |
[21:31] | We haven’t seen you in a long time. we’re here to help you. | 我们很久没看你了 我们来帮你的 |
[21:34] | So do something! you’re the doctor! | 那赶紧做点什么呀 你是医生啊 |
[21:39] | I’m gonna go get somebody. | 我去找人来 |
[21:41] | He’s not that kind of doctor, dad. he-he’s a professor. | 他不是医生 爸爸 他是教授 |
[21:46] | I thought my boy was a doctor. | 我以为我儿子是医生 |
[21:48] | Doctor of philosophy. | 哲学博士 |
[21:52] | Phd. teaches college. | 博士 在大学教书 |
[21:54] | -medicine? | -教医科吗 |
[21:58] | No. | 不是 |
[22:00] | Drama. | 教戏剧 |
[22:03] | – he teaches theater. – like broadway? | -他教授戏剧 -像百老汇那样吗 |
[22:07] | No, like… theater of social unrest. | 不 像社会生活剧之类的 |
[22:12] | Stuff like that. | 差不多那样 |
[22:16] | He’s doing a book on-on bertolt brecht. | 他正在写一本关于德国戏剧师布莱·希特的书 |
[22:18] | I’ll release him only if he promises to be good. | 如果他答应能乖乖的 我就给他解开 |
[22:20] | We can’t have him get out of bed by himself. are you going to be good, mr. savage? | 我们不能让他自己起床 你可以保证吗 萨维奇先生 |
[22:23] | Are you going to be good, dad? | 你要老老实实的 爸爸 |
[22:25] | You’re not good, they won’t let you go. | 你不听话 他们就不会让你走 |
[22:27] | You can’t keep pulling on everything. this is for your own good. | 你不能乱扯东西 这是为了你好 |
[22:30] | This is your food. | 这是你的食物 |
[22:32] | We don’t want him climbing out on his own. | 我们不想他自己爬出去 |
[22:35] | – he’s unsteady. he can fall. – we’ll keep an eye on him. | -他走路不稳 会摔倒 -我们会注意的 |
[22:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:49] | Vascular dementia or multi-infarct… | 动脉阻塞或者多重梗塞 |
[22:51] | Usually follow one or more strokes… | 通常会引起一次或多次中风 |
[22:54] | But I am not seeing any sign of a stroke here. | 但是目前我没有见到任何中风迹象 |
[22:57] | But the disinhibition, the aggression, masked facies… | 但是情绪狂躁 具攻击性 面部僵硬 |
[22:59] | With a blank stare that we had talked about earlier, are all fairly good indicators. | 还有我们之前说的目光痴呆 都是明显的征兆 |
[23:03] | – is it like alzheimer’s? – there are a lot of illnesses that can cause dementia. | -是不是像老年痴呆 -有很多病症可以引发痴呆 |
[23:07] | I’m not prepared to make a diagnosis yet, but I think… | 我还没有诊断结果 但我想 |
[23:09] | His symptoms are much more characteristic of parkinson’s disease. | 他的症状带有帕金森病的特征 |
[23:12] | So, w-what do we have to look forward to? | 那么我们该怎么做 |
[23:14] | Well, he’s not a young man, so cardiac or respiratory failure may spare him… | 他也不年轻了 心脏病或者呼吸衰竭可能还能帮他从更糟的情况解脱出来 |
[23:18] | From the worst of it, but, uh, tremors when the limb is at rest… | 但是更可能是四肢颤栗 |
[23:21] | A shuffling walk, freezing up, unable to initiate movement… | 走路颤抖 不能动弹 |
[23:25] | More and more loss of motor coordination in general. | 越来越不能协调动作 |
[23:31] | & you make me feel so young & | 你让我感觉如此年轻 |
[23:34] | & you make me feel like spring has sprung & | 你让我感觉春天到来 |
[23:37] | & and every time I see you grin & | 每次我看到你的笑靥 |
[23:40] | & I’m such a happy individual & | 我会如此开心 |
[23:44] | & the moment that you speak & | 每次你说话的时候 |
[23:48] | & I want to go play hide and seek & | 我都想玩捉迷藏 |
[23:51] | & I want to go and bounce the moon & | 我想把月亮摘下 |
[23:54] | &just like a toy balloon & | 当作气球玩耍 |
[23:57] | & you and i& | 你和我 |
[24:00] | & are just like a couple of tots& | 像一对小孩 |
[24:04] | & running across the meadow & | 在草坪上追逐 |
[24:06] | & picking up… & | 嬉耍 |
[24:08] | Maybe dad didn’t abandon us. maybe he just forgot who we were. | 也许爸爸并没有遗弃我们 他只是忘了我们是谁 |
[24:12] | – I’m gonna give brian deener a call. – who’s that? | -我去给布莱恩·笛勒打个电话 -他是谁 |
[24:15] | He’s a friend of mine, teaches in the english department. | 是我的一个朋友 教英语 |
[24:17] | He just put his mother in a nursing home near campus. | 他把他母亲送到学校附近的疗养院 |
[24:20] | Could we have some more nuts? | 能给我们再来点坚果吗 |
[24:25] | – nursing home? – yeah. what? | -疗养院吗 -是啊 怎么了 |
[24:28] | – I wasn’t thinking about putting him in a nursing home. – what were you thinking? | -我不打算送他去疗养院 -那你怎么打算的 |
[24:32] | – I don’t know, but I wasn’t thinking that. – where else is he gonna live? | -我不知道 但我不会那么做 -那他还能住哪里 |
[24:36] | I mean, really, what’s the alternative? you want to… | 我是说 还有别的选择吗 难道你想 |
[24:39] | – you want to change dad’s diapers, wipe his ass? – he doesn’t need diapers. | -你想给他换尿片 给他擦屁股吗 -他不用尿片 |
[24:42] | – what do you think that catheter was? – he’s in the hospital. | -那他的输尿管派什么用 -他可以住医院 |
[24:45] | & you make me feel… & | 你让我感到 |
[24:46] | But look, even if they did let dad stay here… | 听着 即使他们让爸爸留院 |
[24:49] | He’d still have to have somebody take care of him. we can’t afford that. | 也需要有人去照顾他 但我们负担不起那些费用 |
[24:52] | You heard the nurse. dad falls. he’s disoriented. | 你听护士说了吗 万一爸爸摔倒了 他没有晕过去的 |
[24:55] | He hasn’t fallen once since we’ve been here. | 我们在的时候爸爸没有摔倒过 |
[24:57] | Don’t make me out to be the evil brother who’s putting away our father against your will. | 别因为我没照你意思让爸爸住院 就把我看成一个罪人 |
[25:01] | All right, we’re doing this together, right? | 我们一起照顾他 好吗 |
[25:03] | ? two of a kind for your information? | 对于你的信息 我们心照不宣 |
[25:06] | ? we’re two of a kind? | 我们是绝配 |
[25:08] | Well, there’s places. | 我们可以将爸爸送到一些地方 |
[25:10] | – what places? – like aunt gertie. | -什么地方 -就像格蒂姨妈那样啊 |
[25:12] | That’s assisted living. I’m not sure dad would get into one of those. | 那是生活护理 爸爸应该不能住那 |
[25:14] | Gertie’s pretty independent, remember? she’s also rich. | 格蒂没有亲人 还记得吗 而且她很有钱 |
[25:17] | Okay, so I’m gonna call united… | 好吧 我打电话给联航 |
[25:21] | And try to get the first flight out first thing tomorrow… | 明天一大早乘最早的航班回去 |
[25:23] | Get back and see if I can find a place that’ll take him. | 看看能否找个地方来安置爸爸 |
[25:26] | What am I gonna do? | 我要做什么呢 |
[25:29] | You’re gonna stay here and hold down the fort until I find something. | 你留在这里 直到我找到合适的地方 |
[25:31] | By myself? | 我一个人吗 |
[25:33] | Wendy, this is not the time to regress. | 温迪 现在这时候你可不能退缩 |
[25:54] | I just don’t know if it’s something that I can do… | 我不知道我能做什么 |
[25:57] | And so I just don’t talk. | 所以我没有说 |
[26:01] | I don’t know how long he’ll be gone, you don’t know how long you’ll be gone. | 我不知道他要离开多久 你不知道你要离开多久 |
[26:05] | And that’s just not something I think I can deal with… | 这里的事情我能处理好 |
[26:07] | By talking on the phone every couple weeks. | 保持每几周通过电话联系 |
[26:11] | We can talk more about this when I get home. | 等我回家再详细谈吧 |
[26:19] | Tomorrow morning. | 明天早上 |
[26:22] | I’ll make sure to call when I get in. | 我到了一定给你打电话 |
[26:26] | – okay. bye. – | 好的 再见 |
[26:40] | Hey, wendy? wen? | 喂 温迪 温 |
[26:46] | I’m going. | 我要走了 |
[26:52] | That should take care of the hotel. | 这些钱够付酒店的费用 |
[26:55] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[27:00] | – jon? – yeah? | -乔恩 -怎么了 |
[27:03] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[27:05] | Yeah, I’m all right. I’ll talk to you later. | 没事 我晚点和你联系 |
[27:09] | Okay. | 好 |
[27:16] | walk up, walk back. | 向前 向后 |
[27:19] | Two step touch. | 侧点地2次 |
[27:21] | Tap that left for four. | 左脚点地4次 |
[27:26] | Grapevine left. step touch four times! | 向左交叉步 侧点地4次 |
[27:34] | Now to the sunday puzzle from nprnews. | 现在是NPR新闻的周日字谜时间 |
[27:39] | And the chance to match wits with fellow listeners and puzzle master will shortz. | 有机会让听众和字谜高手一起来一比智慧高低 |
[27:45] | – here it is. – oh. | -在这呢 -喂 |
[27:47] | Hello. hello? | 喂 喂 |
[27:51] | Hello. who is it? | 喂 哪位 |
[27:57] | – hung up. – book expo was the big… | -挂了 -书博会是一场大型的 |
[28:06] | So, not only do you have a formal dining room, if you like to entertain… | 你不仅可以拥有一个正式的饭厅来招待客人 |
[28:10] | But you also have an updated kitchen with granite countertops… | 还可以拥有一个现代化的厨房 厨房里的工作台都是花岗岩面 |
[28:13] | Oak cabinets, brand-new appliances… | 橡木做的橱柜 崭新的器具 |
[28:15] | And they all convey to the new owner. | 这些都是转给新住户的 |
[28:18] | And look at this dramatic view… | 来看看这个辉煌的风景 |
[28:19] | Of the eighth tee on the lake west golf course. | 湖的西边是高尔夫球场的第8个开球区 |
[28:22] | How perfect is this? | 很棒吧 |
[28:23] | You’re also only a five-minute stroll from… | 来回只需5分钟的时间 |
[28:29] | When you purchase a home in sun city, you’re eligible- | 在太阳城买房子 就可以享受 |
[28:34] | …recreation centers. | 娱乐设施 |
[28:35] | We have eight golf courses… | 我们设有8个高尔夫课程 |
[29:26] | Sure. we could try maybe 30 days. | 当然 大概30天左右就可以 |
[29:30] | No, they’re already pre-approved… | 不 他们已经提前同意了 |
[29:32] | So it’s not gonna take any time at all. | 所以不会花很久 |
[29:34] | – – okay, I’ll see you about 3:00. | 好的 那我们3点见面 |
[30:24] | – hello. – hi. | -喂 -喂 |
[30:26] | Oh, my god, jon. you are not… you are not gonna believe this. | 噢 天啊 乔恩 你不会 你不会相信的 |
[30:30] | L… I just… I found this stash… | 我刚发现爸爸这些年来 |
[30:32] | Of photographs and stuff that dad’s kept all these years. | 保存的照片等私藏 |
[30:35] | I can’t believe it. I am looking at the funniest picture of you right now. | 我简直不能相信 我正在看你最搞笑的照片 |
[30:39] | – oh, yeah? – you have braces. | -是吗 -你戴了牙套啊 |
[30:41] | How come you got braces? I never got braces. | 你怎么会戴牙套啊 我从来没戴过啊 |
[30:44] | Ever looked at my teeth? they’re still crooked. | 你看见我的牙齿了吗 还是歪歪扭扭的 |
[30:46] | Oh, yeah. how come? | 是啊 怎么会这样啊 |
[30:49] | Cause dad never paid the bills, and the orthodontist was so pissed off… | 因为爸爸从不付钱 那个整牙医生很生气 |
[30:51] | He pulled them out of my mouth before my teeth were fixed. | 在我的牙齿整好前就把牙套给拆了 |
[30:55] | So I think I found something. | 我找到一个合适的地方 |
[30:58] | What? | 哪里 |
[30:59] | It’s a place with an opening that can take him right away. | 这还有床位 可以马上带爸爸过来 |
[31:02] | What kind of place? | 什么样的地方 |
[31:04] | A… a facility for older people. | 一个为老者提供服务的机构 |
[31:06] | In this country, they call ’em nursing homes. | 在这里叫做疗养院 |
[31:08] | I thought we were gonna try assisted living. | 我想还是试试去申请生活护理吧 |
[31:11] | They’re not gonna take him at assisted living, wendy. let’s just be real. | 温迪 他们不会批准爸爸申请生活护理的 现实点吧 |
[31:14] | – he’s got dementia. – well, don’t lead with that. | -爸爸有老人痴呆 -不要老提这个 |
[31:17] | Look, if it’s any consolation, uh, this place… | 说些令人安慰的话 他们不把这个地方 |
[31:20] | They don’t call it a… a nursing home. | 叫做 疗养院 |
[31:22] | – well, what do they call it? – uh, rehabilitation center. | -那叫它什么 -康复中心 |
[31:26] | It’s called the valley view. | 叫做乡村之家康复中心 |
[31:29] | That sounds nice. | 不错的名字 |
[31:32] | – is it? – it’s a nursing home, wendy. | -是吗 -只是个疗养院 温迪 |
[31:35] | – does it smell? – yeah, it smells. they all smell. | -那里会有股味道吗 -有 这些地方都有味 |
[31:38] | Look, this place has an empty bed, they take medicaid and it’s close to my house. | 这里有个床位 他们是公共医疗补助制 而且离我家很近 |
[31:42] | Believe me, once you get inside, these places are all the same. | 相信我 这些地方都是一个样 |
[31:47] | – hello? – make sure you have a coat for him when we get there. | -喂 -我们过来的时候 你给爸爸准备件外套 |
[31:51] | He doesn’t have any warm clothes. | 这里他没有保暖的衣服 |
[32:06] | – hi, dad. – hiya. | -爸爸 -你好呀 |
[32:11] | How ya feelin’? | 感觉如何 |
[32:13] | Not bad. | 还不坏 |
[32:17] | You don’t need these, right? | 你不需要这些东西的 对吧 |
[32:20] | Not your style. | 不是你的作风 |
[32:23] | Look like grandpa walton. | 看起来像沃尔顿爷爷 |
[32:35] | Okay, just sign and initial at the x’s. | 好 在这签名 字母开头要大写 |
[32:39] | And here are your valuables. | 这是你的贵重物品 |
[32:41] | New prescription. medication. | 新的处方 药品 |
[32:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:50] | And let me give you these. | 还有这些 |
[32:55] | They don’t really like us to give these away, but you might need ’em. | 人们不喜欢我们给这些 但是你们应该会需要的 |
[33:00] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[33:45] | Excuse me. sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[33:48] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[33:50] | – hi. – hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[33:55] | Okay, dad. | 好了 爸爸 |
[33:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:05] | Excuse me. sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[34:14] | Can we have your attention? | 请大家注意 |
[34:16] | We’d like to point out our safety features… to properly fasten your seat belts… | 我们为您解说安全装置相关说明 系好你的安全带 |
[34:26] | – what are you doing? – bathroom. | -怎么了 -我要去厕所 |
[34:28] | – what? – bathroom! | -什么 -去厕所 |
[34:30] | – o-okay, we need to, um… – now! | -好 好 我们要 -现在 |
[34:33] | No, we need to wait for the nice attendant to come… | 我们要等服务员过来 |
[34:37] | Okay. sure. all right, all right. I got… I got it. | 好 好 好 我来 我来 |
[34:40] | All right, all right. there, there, there. all right? | 好 好 那 那 好了吗 |
[34:42] | All right, wait. wait for me, wait for me, wait for me. all right. | 好 等等 等我 好吗 |
[34:48] | I’m right here. | 我在这 |
[34:57] | Okay? | 好了吗 |
[35:10] | All right. | 好了 |
[35:14] | What… what is it, dad? | 怎么了 爸爸 |
[35:38] | – what are these? – they’re dad’s. I couldn’t get ’em back on his feet. | -这是什么 -爸爸的鞋子 我给他穿不上 |
[35:41] | They swelled up. I need ten bucks. | 他的脚肿了 给我10块钱 |
[35:43] | – where is he? – inside. | -爸爸呢 -在里面 |
[35:45] | Thank you. pop the trunk. | 谢谢 打开行李厢 |
[35:49] | – did you remember the coat? – yeah. I can’t, uh, leave the car unattended. | -你带外套了吗 -我不能丢下空车啊 |
[35:52] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[35:54] | … the diplomats were referring to intelligence reports… | 外交官指的是情报报告 |
[35:59] | That north korea had loaded booster rockets onto a launch pad… | 北朝鲜在发射台生装载了助推火箭 |
[36:02] | And moved fuel tanks to the test site… | 并将燃料槽移至测试地点 |
[36:05] | In preparation for a possible launch as early as tomorrow. | 准备明天早上发射 |
[37:04] | We don’t usually admit new residents after 5… 00… | 我们一般在5点以后不办理新入院手续 |
[37:07] | But I understand you came a long way. | 但是我知道你们从很远的地方来 |
[37:09] | Isn’t that right, mr. savage? | 对吧 萨维奇先生 |
[37:12] | – what’d you say? – you came a long way. | -你说什么 -你从很远的地方过来 |
[37:16] | Not too bad. | 还不坏 |
[37:19] | How about bingo? | 宾果游戏怎样 |
[37:21] | You like bingo, mr. savage? | Savage先生 你喜欢宾果游戏吗 |
[37:22] | Every tuesday and thursday night. | 每周二和周四晚上都有宾果游戏 |
[37:25] | Don’t like it. | 我不喜欢 |
[37:28] | That’s winston. | 是温斯顿 |
[37:30] | We call him the mayor. | 我们把它叫做市长 |
[37:35] | All right. here we are. | 好 我们到了 |
[37:38] | Have the bathroom and closet there. | 洗漱间和衣橱在那边 |
[37:40] | You will share that with mr. sperry. | 那是你和斯派瑞先生共用的 |
[37:45] | These are just the bare essentials, of course. | 这些就是我们提供的用品 |
[37:48] | But once you move in, you can fix it up any way you like. | 一旦你们入住 你们可以按照你们喜欢的方式来布置 |
[37:55] | Mr. sperry, you want to meet your new neighbor, mr. savage? | 斯派瑞先生 你想见见你的新邻居萨维奇先生吗 |
[38:00] | Hi. | 你好 |
[38:02] | – hi. – | 你好 |
[38:08] | All right. well, I’ll leave you alone to, uh, look around and get yourselves together. | 好了 你们自己安排吧 周围看看 熟悉一下环境 |
[38:11] | Gonna need you to sign some papers. | 需要你过来签一些文件 |
[38:14] | – I’ll send somebody in to get him ready for bed. – okay. | -我叫人来整理床铺 -好的 |
[38:20] | Good evening, sir. I’m jimmy. | 晚上好 我叫吉米 |
[38:23] | You ready for a good night’s sleep? hmm? | 准备要睡个好觉了吗 |
[38:26] | Give me arms up in the air. up. | 把手举起来 |
[38:29] | Come on. | 往上举 |
[38:31] | Like you’re under arrest. | 像被捕那样 |
[38:33] | Good man. you ever done time, mr. savage? | 做得好 萨维奇先生坐过牢吗 |
[38:48] | It’s a good idea not to make too big of a thing when you leave for the first time. | 如果第一次来的话 最好不要带太多东西 |
[38:52] | Just go real casual. no big good-byes. | 怎样随意怎样好 |
[38:53] | We don’t wanna get him agitated before he’s had time to settle in to his new home. | 我们不想在他适应这个新家之前感到不安 |
[38:59] | – all right. – thank you. | -好的 -谢谢 |
[39:01] | Don’t worry. we’ll take good care of him. | 不用担心 我们会好好照顾他的 |
[39:06] | – is everything okay, dad? – not bad. | -一切都好吧 爸爸 -还不坏 |
[39:10] | All right then. see ya tomorrow. | 那好 明天见 |
[39:16] | Good night, dad. | 爸爸 晚安 |
[39:24] | Don’t forget to tip the girl on the way out. | 别忘了出去的时候给那个女孩小费 |
[39:29] | All right. | 好的 |
[39:59] | -what’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[40:04] | He didn’t… he didn’t even know where we were taking him. | 他 他根本不知道我们把他带到哪了 |
[40:16] | He still doesn’t know. he doesn’t know where he is, wendy. | 他只是还不知道 温迪 |
[40:24] | We are horrible, horrible, horrible people. | 我们可真是可恶 可恶 可恶 |
[40:28] | We are horrible! | 我们真可恶 |
[40:32] | Horrible! | 可恶 |
[40:35] | Just horrible. | 太可恶了 |
[40:37] | Horrible. | 可恶 |
[41:15] | Looks like the unabomber lives here. | 这儿像是被空炸了一样 |
[41:17] | Yeah, well, I’ve been doing a lot of research for the book. | 我在研究这些书 |
[41:20] | The couch is actually pretty comfortable. | 实际上这个沙发很舒服的 |
[41:23] | Great. where is it? | 太棒了 沙发在哪啊 |
[41:34] | Those go over here… actually. | 那些应该放在这的 |
[41:53] | It doesn’t look like it, I know… | 别随便放 |
[41:55] | But there’s actually a system to all this. | 这些书的放法都有一个规律 |
[41:58] | Okay. | 好的 |
[42:20] | Jon? what’s zocor? | 乔恩 舒降之是什么药 |
[42:24] | Is it for depression? | 是治疗忧郁症的吗 |
[42:26] | – it’s for cholesterol. – you have high cholesterol? | -是降胆固醇的 -你的胆固醇过高吗 |
[42:29] | Yes! | 对 |
[42:44] | Is this all your nursing home research? | 这都是你对疗养院的调查吗 |
[42:49] | Most of these aren’t even open. | 大多数都没有开封 |
[43:02] | Hill haven. this looks nice. | 山丘小屋 看起来不错啊 |
[43:05] | It’s in vermont. I really wish you hadn’t brought that down. | 那在佛蒙特州 你不该把这些带下楼来 |
[43:22] | – jon. – what? | -乔恩 -什么事 |
[43:24] | – what is it? – theatre of the absurd. | -这是什么 -荒诞派戏剧 |
[43:40] | You gonna stop? | 别收拾了 |
[43:44] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[43:47] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[43:49] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[43:59] | We’re doing the right thing, wen. | 温 我们做的对吧 |
[44:03] | We’re taking better care of the old man than he ever did of us. | 我们要照顾这个老人 但他以前却没有怎么照顾我们 |
[44:07] | I know. | 我知道 |
[44:09] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[44:25] | We know this is one of the toughest decisions of your life. | 我们知道这是你最艰难的决定之一 |
[44:30] | What to do when the parent who took care of you… | 当曾经抚养你的父母不能自理的时候 |
[44:33] | Can no longer take care of themselves? | 我们该怎么做 |
[44:39] | That’s why here, at greenhill manor… | 在这里 在绿丘庄园 |
[44:42] | We are committed to providing the highest quality of care… | 我们致力为你们所爱的人 |
[44:45] | For your loved ones. | 提供高质量的看护服务 |
[44:48] | Our board-certified physicians are dedicated… | 我们的认证医生将致力于 |
[44:51] | To maximizing both the physical… | 最大程度地满足 |
[44:53] | And emotional well-being of your elder. | 老年人的生理和心理需求 |
[44:57] | Come celebrate 100 years of award-winning care. | 100年以来 我们一直赢得护理奖 |
[45:12] | & heaven & | 天堂 |
[45:15] | & I’m in heaven & | 我在天堂中 |
[45:18] | & and my heart beats so that I can hardly speak & | 我的心跳得如此快 以致于我无法言语 |
[45:21] | And exhale. | 呼气 |
[45:24] | & and I seem to find the happiness I seek & | 我似乎找到我寻找的幸福 |
[45:26] | And breathe it up. | 呼气 |
[45:29] | And breathe up wonderful, good energy. | 慢慢将气呼出来 |
[45:31] | Fill yourself with it. | 将能量注入自己体内 |
[45:33] | And let go of everything you don’t need. | 释放自己不需要的东西 |
[45:35] | Ahh. | 啊 |
[45:37] | Good. reaching for the person in front of you, stretch… forward. | 好 伸手去碰你前面的人 向前伸展 |
[45:41] | & I’m in heaven & | 我在天堂里 |
[45:46] | Well, his medicaid seems to be squared away. | 你父亲的医疗补助没有问题 |
[45:48] | And as far… | 就 |
[45:52] | As the advance directive… | 就前面的指示 |
[45:55] | Hey, I take that. | 嘿 我感觉到 |
[45:59] | On your pen, for anxiety. | 在你的笔上 焦虑 |
[46:04] | Not all the time. just when I need it. | 并不是始终都这样 只是我需要的时候才会 |
[46:12] | Here’s the, uh, health care proxy we talked about… | 这是我们谈到的保健代理人 |
[46:15] | And the living will material. | 生活所需材料 |
[46:18] | We’ll need these signed by both you and your father. | 我们需要你和你父亲的签名 |
[46:22] | The only thing missing here is the paperwork regarding… | 但这里缺少了份 |
[46:25] | The funeral arrangements. | 关于葬礼如何安排的文件 |
[46:29] | We’ll need to know your father’s burial or cremation plans. | 我们需要知道你父亲对下葬或火葬的想法 |
[46:40] | See, if you switch this little thing here… | 看着 你按这里的小开关 |
[46:43] | You can change the volume… | 就能改变音量 |
[46:46] | And turn it off. | 然后将它关掉 |
[46:48] | – okay? – mm-hmm. | -知道了吗 -嗯 |
[46:50] | There you go. | 你来试试 |
[47:00] | H-he’s got it. he’s got it. | 他明白了 他听懂了 |
[47:04] | How’s that? | 怎么样 |
[47:06] | – good level? – yeah. yeah. | -声量调好了吧 -对 |
[47:09] | Dad, we need to talk about a couple things. | 爸爸 我们想谈些事情 |
[47:12] | – but we… we don’t want you to take it in the wrong way. – okay. | -但是我们 我们不想让你误解 -好的 |
[47:16] | Yeah, it’s just, uh… it’s a couple questions… | 好 就几个问题 |
[47:18] | That’ll make everything easier in the long run. | 这样会让事情会顺利进行 |
[47:25] | – okay? | -好了 |
[47:27] | Okay. | 好 |
[47:32] | In the event… | 如果 |
[47:37] | In the event that something should happen… | 如果发生些意外 |
[47:45] | How… | 你想… |
[47:47] | – dad… – how do you want us to, um… | -爸爸 -你想要我们… |
[47:51] | Dad, what if you were in a coma? | 爸爸 万一你昏迷了怎么办 |
[47:53] | Jon. | 乔恩 |
[47:55] | Would you… would you… would you want a breathing machine to keep you alive? | 你想 你想靠氧气机来维持生命吗 |
[48:01] | What kind of question’s that? | 这算什么问题啊 |
[48:04] | It’s a question we should know, in case. | 我们想知道 万一 |
[48:09] | In case what? | 万一什么 |
[48:11] | In case something happens. | 万一有什么意外 |
[48:13] | Nothing’s gonna happen. right now. nothing new. | 不会发生什么事的 现在 没有事情发生 |
[48:16] | Right, it’s… it’s just procedure. | 好 这 这只是一些程序 |
[48:18] | It’s something they want for their records. | 某些人想知道你的意愿并做记录 |
[48:20] | – who? – the people who run the place. | -什么人 -管这的人 |
[48:22] | The valley view. | 乡村之家的人 |
[48:25] | What the hell kind of hotel is it? | 这是什么鬼旅店啊 |
[48:28] | Dad, it’s not a hotel, it’s a nursing home. | 爸爸 这不是旅馆 这里是疗养院 |
[48:46] | Unplug me. | 把我拔掉 |
[48:48] | What? | 什么 |
[48:51] | Pull the plug! | 把我了断了 |
[49:01] | Okay, dad. so now, um, once we unplug you… | 好的 爸爸 如果我们你了断了 |
[49:06] | – I’m dead. – right. | -我死了 -是的 |
[49:09] | – and then, we… – what? | -然后呢 -什么 |
[49:14] | What do we do with you? | 你想我们怎样做 |
[49:17] | Bury me! | 把我埋了 |
[49:19] | What are you, a bunch of idiots? you bury me! | 你们是白痴吗 把我埋了啊 |
[49:24] | Christ. | 天啊 |
[49:35] | – oh, jesus! – sorry to scare you. | -天啊 -不好意思 吓到你了 |
[49:39] | You just gave your sister heart attack. | 你将你妹妹吓坏了 |
[49:41] | She didn’t expect to find polish woman in her brother’s home. | 她没有想过有个波兰女人会出现在她弟弟家 |
[49:44] | – I told you. – no, you didn’t. | -我跟你说过了 -没有 你没有 |
[49:45] | – yes, I did. – no, you didn’t. | -我说过了 -没有 你没有 |
[49:46] | – yes, I did. – no, you didn’t. | -我说过了 -没有 你没有 |
[49:49] | L-i’m taking kas to the airport in the morning. early flight, right? | 我明天早上送卡斯到机场 早班机 对吧 |
[49:53] | We have to leave at 6:30 at latest. | 最迟6点半我们就要出门 |
[49:55] | Okay. | 好的 |
[50:01] | It’s back to krakow for kasia. | 我要乘坐到克拉科夫的班机 |
[50:04] | Yeah, jon told me. I’m sorry. | 对 乔恩和我提过这事 对不起 |
[50:06] | Your brother won’t marry me… | 你哥哥不会娶我 |
[50:09] | But when I cook him eggs, he cries. | 但每次我给他煎鸡蛋吃的时候 他总是哭 |
[50:13] | I should take cab to airport like self-respecting feminist woman… | 我应该自己打辆车去机场 像个自尊的女性 |
[50:16] | But here I am. | 但我却在这 |
[50:19] | See you in morning. | 明天见 |
[51:21] | – how’d it go at the airport? – it was fine. | -在机场还好吧 -不错 |
[51:25] | Good. | 很好 |
[51:27] | – was it emotional? – no, not really. | -很伤感吧 -还好 |
[51:31] | She loves you. | 她爱你 |
[51:34] | Yeah, well, there are practical considerations… | 现实一点来考虑的话 |
[51:36] | That love has nothing to do with. | 爱情根本不算什么 |
[51:38] | – oh, yeah? – yeah. | -是吗 -对 |
[51:40] | Like what? | 比如说 |
[51:42] | Do you have any idea how many comp lit critical theory phds there are… | 你知道在这里有多少学批判理论的博士 |
[51:45] | Running around this country looking for work? | 在这国家四处游荡 到处谋职吗 |
[51:47] | Even if kasia and I did get married and she stayed… | 即使我和卡莎结婚 她也要留在 |
[51:50] | She could end up teaching at some university… | 这里的大学里教书 |
[51:52] | That’s farther away from here than poland. | 而她的父亲远在波兰 |
[51:54] | And then we wouldn’t be together either. see what I’m saying? | 所以我们就不能在一起 明白吗 |
[51:58] | You’re an idiot. | 你真白痴 |
[52:00] | Can we just play the game? | 我们能开始打球了吗 |
[52:06] | – I got us an interview. – for what? | -我们要去一个地方 -为什么 |
[52:09] | For a really nice alternative to the valley view. | 给爸爸从乡村之家换到另一个很棒的地方 |
[52:12] | – but we just got him in there. – just hold your judgments until you see it. | -但是我们刚把他安顿好啊 -你到那看过后再发表意见吧 |
[52:15] | It’s very beautiful. | 那里非常漂亮 |
[52:17] | It’s called green hill manor. | 叫做绿丘庄园 |
[52:19] | Sounds like an insane asylum. | 听起来像是一件糟糕的庇护所 |
[52:26] | – – are you okay? | -你怎么了 |
[52:28] | – no, I’m not okay. – are you having a heart attack? | -不 我不好 -你心脏病犯了吗 |
[52:32] | No, I’m not having a heart attack! | 不 我没有心脏病 |
[52:34] | Wendy, fuck! | 温迪 妈的 |
[52:39] | – how much do I fill it up? – 18 pounds. | -要装多少水 -18磅 |
[52:52] | What do I do with it? | 我要怎样做 |
[52:54] | Just hook it to this. | 把它勾在这里 |
[53:03] | Okay, further down. | 好 低一点 |
[53:06] | – what, am I gonna pull it? – no, that’s it, that’s it, that’s it… good. | -要我拉着吗 -不 不 行了 |
[53:18] | – – what, it’s not funny. | 笑什么 这一点都不好笑 |
[53:21] | It’s not. | 不好笑 |
[53:24] | – really, it’s not. – what… | -真的 不好笑 -什么啊 |
[53:26] | It’s not funny. | 不好笑 |
[53:29] | – what’s it supposed to do? – it relieves the pressure. | -这个是干什么用的? -舒缓压力 |
[53:31] | I’m supposed to stay like this for 30 minutes. | 我要保持这样 休息30分钟 |
[53:37] | All right, wendy. go get my mail. | 好啦 温迪 帮我把信拿来 |
[53:39] | Just go get my mail. | 去把我的信拿来 |
[53:52] | – stop staring. – | 别看了 |
[53:56] | This is for you. | 这是给你的 |
[53:59] | Larry mendlessohn. who’s larry mendlessohn? | 拉里·曼德森 谁是拉里·曼德森 |
[54:02] | A friend of mine, forwarding me my mail. | 我的一个朋友 把我的信件转寄给我 |
[54:04] | Is it the married guy? | 他结婚了吗 |
[54:07] | I’m starving. want something to eat? | 我饿了 你想吃点什么吗 |
[54:10] | I thought you were going to stop seeing that creep. | 我以为你跟那个家伙已经断绝来往了 |
[54:12] | – how about tuna melts? – whatever. | -金枪鱼怎么样 -随便 |
[54:44] | – here you go. – thanks. | -给你 -谢谢 |
[55:01] | Look, I need you to spend thanksgiving with dad. | 听着 我希望你能和爸爸一起过感恩节 |
[55:05] | We’re not doing it together? | 我们不一起过吗 |
[55:07] | It’s the only time I can get away for research. | 这是我唯一能从研究中解脱的机会 |
[55:11] | – well, I have things to do, too. – like what? | -我也有事情要做 -什么事 |
[55:14] | Like my life, for instance, in new york city. | 比如说 我在纽约的生活 |
[55:18] | Maybe it’s time to stop being so self-involved… | 也许现在是不再全身心投入自己的生活 |
[55:20] | And think about someone else’s life for a change. | 而是多替他人想想 做个改变的时候了 |
[55:23] | Yeah, like you, who can’t put his book aside for a minute while dad dies. | 是啊 就像你 在爸爸要死的时候都不能把书撂在一边 |
[55:27] | I’ve got to get this thing finished, wendy. my editor thinks it’s a good time for it. | 温迪 我必须把这件事完成 我的编辑说现在正是好时机 |
[55:31] | Everyone’s really itching for a book about bertolt brecht this holiday season. | 在这个假期里 大家是都很渴望一本关于德国戏剧大师布莱·希特的书 |
[55:33] | Wendy, I’m working. | 温迪 我是在工作 |
[55:35] | I’m working. | 我也在工作 |
[55:37] | I know you are. | 我知道 |
[55:40] | L… I’m sorry. I’m sorry, I’m sorry. | 对不起 对不起 对不起 |
[55:42] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[55:44] | It’s just I got a lot riding on this book. | 我写这本书也不那么容易 |
[55:47] | And… and your life’s much more portable than mine. | 但是 你的生活相比较于我的就容易多了 |
[55:52] | What is that supposed to mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[55:55] | What, like-like a toilet? what, like a porta-potty? | 像什么 像个厕所 像屁眼一样微不足道 |
[55:58] | No, it’s just, you know, you don’t have a job job, I do. | 不是 只是 你知道的 你没有工作 但是我有 |
[56:03] | I have obligations. | 我有责任 |
[56:05] | You’re- you’re freelance. | 你是 你是自由作家 |
[56:08] | Couldn’t you just hook up with a temp agency around here? | 难道你就不能去这附近的临时人才市场转转 |
[56:14] | Actually, jon… | 事实上 乔恩 |
[56:17] | I’m being funded right now, to work on my plays. | 有人资助我写自己剧本了 |
[56:22] | And that-that might seem a little self-involved to you… | 也许那对你来说似乎有点自私 |
[56:25] | But I also have obligations to a prestigious foundation… | 但是我同样对一个有声望的基金会有责任 |
[56:29] | That has put a lot of faith in me… | 他们对我很有信心 |
[56:32] | And, frankly, has given me a hell of a lot more support than he ever has. | 而且坦白说 他们给了我他从未给过的巨大的帮助 |
[56:37] | You got it? | 你拿到了吗 |
[56:40] | What? | 什么 |
[56:41] | The guggenheim? | 古根·海姆的资助? |
[56:45] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[56:48] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[56:51] | Yeah, really. | 是真的 |
[56:54] | – why do you sound so surprised? – l-i’m not. I’m just… | -你为什么感到这么意外 -我没有 我只是… |
[57:00] | It’s just a really hard thing to get is all. | 只是这是件很难的事 |
[57:03] | L-i applied for it a half dozen times. I never got one. | 我申请了很多次 只是从未成功过 |
[57:06] | Well, I did. | 但是我做到了 |
[57:08] | Why is that so hard for you to believe? | 为什么让你相信就那么难呢 |
[57:11] | No, l-i believe it. I just can’t believe you’ve been keeping it a secret. | 不 我相信 我只是不敢相信你一直在保守这个秘密 |
[57:14] | – I just found out. – just now? | -我也是才知道的 -刚刚 |
[57:21] | Oh, my god. it’s… amazing. | 哦 天啊 这太惊奇了 |
[57:25] | That’s really great, wen. | 真是太棒了 温 |
[57:28] | I, uh… I’m really proud of you. | 我 真的为你感到骄傲 |
[57:31] | You are? | 真的吗 |
[57:32] | Yeah, it’s amazing. it’s major. | 是啊 太惊奇了 太了不起了 |
[57:35] | It’s, um… | 太 |
[57:40] | I mean, maybe this is your… your time, you know. your year. | 我的意思是 也许现在是你的 你的大好时候了 就是 你的大年 |
[57:49] | Look, how about we both work here and ride out the holidays together… | 我们一起在这里这工作 然后一起过节怎么样 |
[57:53] | And get lots of writing done, and, you know, we- it’ll be fun. | 然后完成很多写作 你想那会很有趣的 |
[57:57] | We’ll inspire each other. | 我们可以相互鼓励 |
[58:00] | Uh, our own little writers’ colony. | 这里就是我们小小的作家殖民地 |
[58:08] | I’m really proud of you, wen. | 我真的为你骄傲 温 |
[58:39] | You stole painkillers from a dead woman? | 你从一个死去的女人那里偷止痛药吗 |
[58:44] | do they work | 有效果吗 |
[59:03] | Salud. | 干杯 |
[59:12] | Bye. | 再见 |
[1:00:07] | – you’re in my apartment? – I’m on your bed with marley. | -你在我家里吗 -我和马莉在你床上 |
[1:00:10] | She’s got one of your t-shirts. | 她找到了一件你的T恤 |
[1:00:16] | It smells like you, like, uh, lavender and sweat. | 它闻起来像你一样 薰衣草和汗水的味道 |
[1:00:20] | Genghis is here, too. I’m totally getting a hard-on. | 耿格斯也在这里 我在这简直是受罪 |
[1:00:23] | – will you please… – sorry. | -拜托 -对不起 |
[1:00:26] | – how’s genghis? – she’s good. you want to hear her? | -耿格斯怎么样 -她很好 你想听她说话吗 |
[1:00:28] | – yeah. – come here, honey. here you go. | -好啊 -过来 小宝贝 来 |
[1:00:31] | – hello, bunny. – | -你好啊 小乖乖 |
[1:00:33] | Oh, beast. | 小家伙 |
[1:00:35] | She misses you. | 她想你 |
[1:00:37] | You giving her her medication? | 你有没有给她吃药 |
[1:00:40] | Yeah. | 有啊 |
[1:00:42] | Did you water my plant? | 你有没有给我的植物浇水 |
[1:00:45] | Yeah, it’s doing good. | 浇了 长得很好 |
[1:00:47] | – when are you coming back? – after the holidays. | -你什么时候回来 -假期过后 |
[1:00:51] | – thank you for sending me my mail. – oh, no problem. | -谢谢把信转寄给我 -哦 小事一桩 |
[1:00:54] | – uh, wen? – yeah? | -温 -怎么 |
[1:00:56] | I’m gonna be leaving town next week for a week. | 我下个星期要出城去一个星期 |
[1:00:58] | – l-i won’t be able to take care of genghis. – where are you going? | -我就不能照顾耿格斯了 -你去哪里 |
[1:01:01] | Uh, toronto, to visit annie’s family. | 多伦多 去拜访安妮的家人 |
[1:01:06] | It’s her parents’ 50th anniversary. | 是她爸妈结婚50周年纪念 |
[1:01:10] | Wendy? | 温迪 |
[1:01:13] | Wendy? | 温迪 |
[1:01:15] | Did you lose your hard-on? | 你觉得可以不用受罪了吗 |
[1:01:17] | Wendy, come on. how about I drive up and bring genghis? | 温迪 不然我带上耿格斯开车去你那里 |
[1:01:21] | We could spend the afternoon together. it’ll be fun. | 我们可以呆在一起一个下午 会很有意思的 |
[1:01:25] | I know it’s not much of an offer, but… | 我知道这不算是个什么提议 但是 |
[1:01:27] | You know my situation. | 你知道我的处境的 |
[1:01:33] | Okay, now if we could all take a look… | 好的 现在我们看看 |
[1:01:35] | At the second page of the blue handout… | 这个看蓝色材料的第二页 |
[1:01:39] | You’ll see a section called “creating special moments.” | 你会看到一个叫做”创造特别的瞬间”的栏目 |
[1:01:41] | If you’re ever at a loss for what to do with your elder on visiting days… | 如果你对拜访长辈该干些什么 总是感到很困惑的话 |
[1:01:45] | – this list can come in very handy. – | 这个清单就会很有用 |
[1:01:47] | Hello? are you here for the support group? | 你们是来加入我们这个帮助小组的吗 |
[1:01:54] | You have a family member with dementia? | 你们家有一位老年痴呆患者吗 |
[1:01:58] | Okay, well, you’re in the right place. | 好 那你们就来对地方了 |
[1:02:01] | Just grab a couple packets and welcome. | 在那里拿点材料吧 欢迎你们 |
[1:02:06] | And there’s room up front. we won’t hurt you. | 这前面有很多空位子 我们不会伤害你们的 |
[1:02:09] | You’ve probably been hurt enough already. | 貌似你已经受伤过了 |
[1:02:14] | We’re talking about activities you can share with your confused elder on visiting day. | 我们正在讨论你可以和你感到困惑的长辈一起做的活动 |
[1:02:18] | I culled that list from a terrific book. | 我从一本非常好的书里精选出这么个清单 |
[1:02:24] | You laugh, but I love this series. | 你们在笑 但是我喜欢这个 |
[1:02:28] | When my mother was diagnosed with parkinson’s, this was my bible. | 当我的母亲被诊断患有帕金斯综合症时 这就是至上的指南 |
[1:02:31] | Here we go. “number one… ask your elder about the old days.” | 我们来看看 第一条 询问长辈关于他们的过去 |
[1:02:35] | Okay, now I know that sounds pretty obvious… | 好的 我知道那听起来很简单 |
[1:02:37] | But when you’re dealing with dementia, you have to work extra hard at this. | 但是当你和老年痴呆打交道时 你操作起来就得很努力了 |
[1:02:41] | You can’t just sit on the side of the bed, asking questions. | 你不能就只坐在床边然后问他们问题 |
[1:02:44] | Bring things in to stimulate their memory. | 你要准备一些能刺激他们记忆的东西 |
[1:02:46] | Old movies are a terrific so… excuse me! | 老电影就非常好 打扰一下 |
[1:02:51] | Uh, we… we haven’t served the refreshments yet. | 我们还没有开始供应送饮料和点心 |
[1:03:01] | Uh, photographs, that seems obvious. | 或者照片 那也很明显 |
[1:03:05] | Uh, movies from the- | 电影 |
[1:03:07] | From their era, again, can also be very powerful. | 他们那个时代的电影很有效 |
[1:03:34] | Is that your neighborhood, dad? | 那是你家附近吧 爸爸 |
[1:03:36] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[1:03:38] | They got that right. | 他们没有弄错 |
[1:03:47] | There she is. | 就是她了 |
[1:03:51] | – who? – you see her? | -谁 -你看见她了吗 |
[1:03:53] | She’s cooking my dinner for me. | 她在为我煮饭 |
[1:03:58] | – that bastard. – that’s the father, dad. | -那个畜生 -他是那个父亲 |
[1:04:04] | – hey, you son of a bitch! – shut up. will you shut up? | -嘿 你个杂种! -闭嘴 你闭嘴! |
[1:04:08] | You shut yourself up! it’s my night! | 你闭嘴才是 这是我的夜晚 |
[1:04:12] | – he’d always smack me aroundl – dad, it’s okay. sit down. | -他总是打我 -爸爸 没事 坐下来 |
[1:04:15] | You’re in the way of the program. sit down. | 你挡住电影了 坐下来 |
[1:04:17] | – go to hell, you goddamn old vegetable. – you’re an animal. | -去死吧 你个该死的老东西 -你是个畜生 |
[1:04:20] | – drop dead! – sit down. dad, it’s okay. it’s okay. just sit down. | -死去吧 -坐下来 爸爸 没关系 没关系 坐下来就是了 |
[1:05:01] | This is supposed to remind him of the olden days. | 这本来是要用来让他记起以前的日子的 |
[1:05:11] | Look behind you. | 看看你后面 |
[1:05:18] | – why are they still showing this? – this is their entertainment. | -他们为什么还在放映这个 -这算是他们的娱乐 |
[1:05:32] | You can’t judge it by today’s standards. | 你不能以现在的标准来评价它 |
[1:05:34] | You have to look at it in a historical context. | 你应该联系当时的历史背景来看它 |
[1:05:36] | I just thought dad would like an old movie. bye. thanks. | 我只是认为爸爸会喜欢老电影 再见 谢谢 |
[1:05:39] | Thank you so much. thanks. | 非常感谢 谢谢 |
[1:05:41] | – thank god we have that interview tomorrow. – | -谢天谢地 明天我们有个面试 |
[1:05:46] | Let’s just take the stairs. | 走楼梯吧 |
[1:05:49] | Thank you. thanks. | 谢谢 多谢 |
[1:05:55] | They’re gonna ask you a bunch of questions… | 他们会问你一些问题 |
[1:05:57] | And you’re really gonna have to concentrate, dad. | 你要集中精神 爸爸 |
[1:05:59] | – it’s important. – okay. | -那很重要 -好的 |
[1:06:23] | – what’s that? – gingko biloba… boosts brain function. | -那是什么 -银杏叶丸 促进脑部功能的 |
[1:06:28] | Want some? | 你要吗 |
[1:06:31] | Dad, open your mouth. | 爸爸 张嘴 |
[1:06:46] | It’s like a pharmacy in there. | 你这里就像个药房一样 |
[1:06:49] | What are those? | 这些是什么 |
[1:06:51] | Antidepressants. you should try some. | 抗抑郁药 你应该吃一些 |
[1:06:54] | – I’m not depressed. – please. | -我不抑郁 -拜托 |
[1:06:57] | You must be the savages. | 你们一定是萨维奇一家吧 |
[1:06:59] | – hi. jon. – roz. how do you do? | -嗨 我是乔恩 -我是瑞斯 很高兴见到你 |
[1:07:02] | – wendy. hello. – nice to meet you. | -我是温迪 你好 -很高兴见到你 |
[1:07:03] | – our father. – nice to meet you. I’m roz landis. | -这是我们的父亲 -很高兴见到你 我是瑞斯·兰迪斯 |
[1:07:07] | My name is leonard michaeljoseph savage. | 我的名字是伦纳德·迈克尔乔瑟夫·萨维奇 |
[1:07:14] | Okay. lenny, can you tell me what season we’re in? | 好了 莱尼 你能不能告诉我 现在是很什么季节 |
[1:07:21] | – cold. – | 很冷 |
[1:07:27] | And the season is? | 那是什么季节呢 |
[1:07:31] | Winter. what do you think? | 冬天 不然你认为是什么 |
[1:07:34] | And what is the date today? | 今天是几号 |
[1:07:40] | November. | 11月 |
[1:07:42] | I don’t remember the day. | 我不记得是几号 |
[1:07:44] | Okay. | 没关系 |
[1:07:46] | Can you tell me where we are? | 你能告诉我我们现在在哪里吗? |
[1:07:48] | What city we’re in? | 我们这是在那个城市 |
[1:08:00] | Put down “east coast.” | 你就写东海岸吧 |
[1:08:14] | Boston. | 波士顿 |
[1:08:16] | – boston, mass. – you can’t help him, ms. savage. | -波士顿 麻省 -你不能帮助他 萨维奇女士 |
[1:08:19] | – he has to be able to answer the questions himself. – he knows where he is. | -他必须能自己回答那些问题 -他知道他自己在哪里 |
[1:08:22] | – wendy. – what? | -温迪 -什么 |
[1:08:24] | – she’s conducting a test. – I know. I’m not an idiot. | -她要做这个测试 -我知道 我不是白痴 |
[1:08:26] | Let her ask the goddamn questions! | 让她问那些个鬼问题吧 |
[1:08:40] | What’d you say to them? | 你对他们说什么了 |
[1:08:42] | I said he was pretty good except he goes in and out every once in a while. | 我说其实他情况不错 只是他老是走神 |
[1:08:46] | “in and out”? wendy, the man’s got dementia. | 走神吗 温迪 那是老年痴呆啊 |
[1:08:48] | L-i know, but they only had beds for people who are more independent. | 我知道 但是他们只接受有独立能力的人 |
[1:08:52] | I thought if we could just get him in there… | 我想如果我们把他送到那里 |
[1:08:54] | Why are you wasting our time on fantasies? | 你为什么要把我们的时间浪费在不可能的事情上 |
[1:08:56] | She said she would put him on one of the waiting lists. | 她说过她会把他列在候选名单中的 |
[1:09:02] | I mean, j-jesus, l-i’m just doing it for dad. | 我的意思是 天啊 我是为爸爸才这么做的 |
[1:09:05] | Dad’s not the one that has a problem with the valley view. | 爸爸可没觉得乡村之家没什么不好 |
[1:09:07] | I’m just trying to improve the situation. is that a crime? | 我在试图改进现状 难道那也有错吗 |
[1:09:10] | There’s nothing wrong with dad’s situation. dad’s situation is fine. | 爸爸的处境没什么不好的 爸爸现在很好 |
[1:09:13] | He’s never gonna adjust to it if we keep yanking him out. | 如果我们继续这样逼他 他不会有任何改变 |
[1:09:15] | And actually, this upward mobility fixation of yours… | 事实上你这种所谓上进心 |
[1:09:18] | It’s counterproductive and, frankly, pretty selfish. | 起的是反作用 坦白说 很自私 |
[1:09:20] | – selfish? – because it’s not about dad, it’s about you and your guilt. | -自私 -因为这和爸爸没有关系 是你和你的内疚 |
[1:09:24] | – that’s what these places prey upon. – | -那就是这个地方要掠夺的东西 |
[1:09:26] | I happen to think it’s nicer here. | 我认为这里很好 |
[1:09:28] | Of course you do, because you are the consumer they want to target. | 你当然会 因为你就是他们想要的目标顾客 |
[1:09:31] | You are the guilty demographic. the landscaping, the neighborhoods of care… | 你就是那个充满罪恶的人口统计 景观美化 还有关爱的邻里 |
[1:09:34] | They’re not for the residents, they’re for the relatives… | 那不是为常住者准备的 是为来访者准备的 |
[1:09:36] | People like you and me who don’t want to admit to what’s really going on here. | 就是像你和我这样的 不愿承认事实的人 |
[1:09:39] | – which is what, jon? – people are dying, wendy! | -那事实是什么 乔恩 -他们在等死 温迪 |
[1:09:42] | Right inside that beautiful building right now, it’s a fucking horror show! | 就在这座漂亮的房子里 就是现在 这是场该死的表演 |
[1:09:46] | A-and all this wellness propaganda and the landscaping… | 所有这些美好的宣传还有景观美化 |
[1:09:50] | It’s just there to obscure the miserable fact that people die! | 全都是用来掩盖人们在悲惨中死去的事实 |
[1:09:54] | And death is gaseous and gruesome… | 死亡是无形的 令人厌恶的 |
[1:09:56] | And it’s filled with shit and piss and rotten stink! | 它充满了肮脏与不堪 发出腐烂的恶臭 |
[1:10:01] | Come on, nana. | 来吧 奶奶 |
[1:11:06] | There. what do you think? | 这里 你觉得怎么样 |
[1:11:10] | What’s it do? | 那是干什么用的 |
[1:11:14] | – nothing. it’s just something nice to look at. – oh. | -没什么 就是好看 -噢 |
[1:11:18] | – hey, how you doing, mr. savage? – hi, jimmy. | -嘿 萨维奇先生 你还好吗 -你好 吉米 |
[1:11:24] | That’s not jimmy, dad. | 爸爸 那不是吉米 |
[1:11:26] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[1:11:29] | – I’m sorry. he’s… he gets a little… – it’s okay. | -对不起 他 他有点 -没事 |
[1:11:31] | It’s howard, mr. savage. I’m here to put you to bed. | 萨维奇先生 他是霍华德 我是来帮你上床睡觉的 |
[1:11:34] | Thursday is jimmy’s night off. | 星期三吉米休息 |
[1:11:40] | I better get going, so, good night, dad. | 我要走了 那么 晚安 爸爸 |
[1:11:43] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[1:11:55] | Good night, mr. sperry. | 晚安 斯派瑞先生 |
[1:12:17] | – leave it on. – are you sure? | -把那开着 -你确定吗 |
[1:12:21] | – won’t keep you up? – yes, I’m sure. | -不会睡不着吗 -不会 |
[1:12:27] | Here you go. good night, mr. savage. | 那好吧 晚安 萨维奇先生 |
[1:12:30] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[1:13:19] | Hey, wen! | 你好 温 |
[1:13:24] | – hi. – hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[1:13:26] | Hi, baby. hello. where’s the beast? | 嗨 亲爱的 那个小家伙在哪里 |
[1:13:30] | – here. – oh, hello, beast. | -这里 -哦 你好啊 小家伙 |
[1:13:34] | Hello! | 你好呀 |
[1:13:36] | – did you remember her papers? – yeah. | -你带了她的文件吗 -带了 |
[1:13:40] | – thanks. – yeah. | -谢谢 -没事 |
[1:13:42] | – how’s marley? – she, you know… she’s hanging in there. | -马莉怎么样 -她 你也知道 |
[1:13:44] | Her hind legs are really bothering her… | 她后腿的毛病确实让她很烦恼 |
[1:13:47] | But I found this great vet over at the animal hospital… that place on the east side. | 但是我在兽医院为她找到了一个非常棒的兽医 东边的那家 |
[1:13:51] | They have her in physical therapy. do you believe it? | 他们给她进行物理治疗 你能相信吗 |
[1:13:53] | She’s hanging out twice a week in the whirlpool. | 一个星期她要去威尔普那里两次 |
[1:13:56] | Get in. come on. we’ll take a ride. | 进来 快点 我们兜兜风 |
[1:13:58] | I’ve never been to buffalo. | 我从没有来过布法罗呢 |
[1:14:01] | Let’s have some fun! I’ve missed you! | 我们好好玩 我想死你了 |
[1:14:07] | Jon? | 乔恩 |
[1:14:09] | Jon! | 乔恩 |
[1:14:12] | – what? – I’m gonna go out for a minute. | -什么事 -我要出去一会 |
[1:14:16] | – okay. – um, this is my friend larry. | -好吧 -这是我的朋友拉里 |
[1:14:20] | – this is jon. – hi, jon. | -这是乔恩 -你好 乔恩 |
[1:14:22] | – hi, larry. – wendy’s told me a lot about you. | -你好 拉里 -温迪跟我说了很多有关你的事 |
[1:14:27] | I loved your essay on mother courage, by the way. | 顺便说一下 我喜欢你有关母亲勇气的文章 |
[1:14:30] | Wendy showed it to me. I did a production of it. it was a huge help. | 拉里给我看的 我在那方面做了个研究 你的文章对我很有帮助 |
[1:14:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:14:41] | – he seems really nice. – yeah. | -他人不错嘛 -是啊 |
[1:14:46] | Is that my ficus? | 那是我的榕树吗 |
[1:14:55] | &just sitting down & | 就那么静静的 |
[1:14:58] | & by the riverside & | 坐在河边 |
[1:15:01] | & spreading my arms & | 伸开我的双臂 |
[1:15:04] | & to the open wide & | 拥抱无限广阔的世界 |
[1:15:10] | & now I am free and the world’s at my feet & | 现在我无比自由 世界就在我脚下 |
[1:15:15] | & I can close my eyes & | 我闭上我的眼睛 |
[1:15:23] | & oh, love, keep me warm & | 爱 使我温暖 |
[1:15:26] | & keep me satisfied & | 使我满足 |
[1:15:30] | – & sitting by the riverside with you & – come on, come on, come on. | -和你一起坐在河水边 -加油 加油 加油 |
[1:15:33] | Yeah! yeah, good dog, good d… come on. go get it. | 哈 好狗狗 加油 去接住它 |
[1:15:38] | – oh. oh. – god! | -哦 哦 -天啊 |
[1:15:40] | Sorry. I’m sorry. come on. | 对不起 对不起 拜托 |
[1:15:44] | – – & I love sitting down & | –我喜欢坐在 |
[1:15:47] | – & by the riverside && – what? | -河边 -怎么 |
[1:15:49] | – I don’t know. – what? | -我不知道 -什么 |
[1:15:51] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:15:56] | You killed my plant. | 你害死了我的树 |
[1:15:58] | – no, I didn’t. – well, it’s not thriving. | -不 我没有 -那它怎么枯了 |
[1:16:02] | – it was thriving when I left. – I’m sorry. | -我走的时候它还生气勃勃的 -对不起 |
[1:16:06] | It’s not the plant. the plant is symbolic. | 这不光光是这棵树的问题 它是个象征 |
[1:16:09] | – of what? – what do you think? | -什么象征 -你认为呢 |
[1:16:12] | – I know this isn’t perfect. – it’s not perfect? I mean, come on, larry. | -我知道这不太完美 -不完美 我说 拜托 拉里 |
[1:16:16] | I mean, for christ’s sake, I have an mfa. | 我的意思是 就是看在上帝的份上 我还是个美术硕士呢 |
[1:16:19] | I mean, look at this. | 我是说 你看看这个 |
[1:16:21] | We’re in a motel room in buffalo. | 我们在布法罗的汽车旅馆里 |
[1:16:24] | – I mean, it’s embarrassing. it’s a cliche! – shh. | -我是说 这太尴尬了 都陈词滥调了 |
[1:16:27] | – what cliche? – the midlife crisis cliche. | -什么陈词滥调 -中年危机的陈词滥调 |
[1:16:30] | – whose? – yours! | -谁 -你啊 |
[1:16:34] | You are married. you are cheating. | 你已经结婚了 你在背叛你的妻子 |
[1:16:36] | You are sleeping with a younger woman. | 却和一个年轻的女人睡觉 |
[1:16:38] | Uh, wendy… | 哦 温迪 |
[1:16:40] | You’re-you’re not exactly a younger woman. | 确切的说 你并不是一个年轻的女人 |
[1:16:43] | – what’s that supposed to mean? – you’re 39. | -什么意思 -你都39岁了 |
[1:16:45] | – you’re 52. – so? | -你52岁 -那又怎么以内感呢 |
[1:16:47] | – that makes you older. – yeah, technically. | -那就说明你很老 -是啊 看上去是如此 |
[1:16:49] | But this is not exactly the paradigm… | 但是这并不是典型的 |
[1:16:51] | Of a prototypical winter-spring romance. | 老少配的例子 |
[1:16:55] | Annie’s 46. I mean, you’re not my little student. | 安妮也46岁了 我是说 你不是我的小小学生 |
[1:16:59] | It’s not like we got the blue angel going on here. | 我们俩和蓝色天使里面说的不一样 |
[1:17:03] | – you know, the professor character in the blue angel? – yeah, larry, I know the film. | -你知道蓝色天使中的教授性格吗 -是 拉里 我看过那部电影 |
[1:17:06] | Well, yeah, so the poor slob has an affair with his student… | 是啊 那个可怜的笨蛋和他的学生有私情 |
[1:17:09] | And his life is destroyed by it. | 然后他的生活就全被那毁掉了 |
[1:17:11] | – von stroheim. – von sternberg. | -范·斯强亨 -是范·斯特博 |
[1:17:13] | – whatever. – von sternberg. | -管他呢 -范·斯特博 |
[1:17:15] | – you know what I mean. marlene dietrich. – it’s… | -你知道 我是说马琳·迪翠 -是 |
[1:17:18] | She was a nightclub singer. she was not a student. | 她是夜总会的歌手 不是学生 |
[1:17:23] | But there… there is… there’s a francine prose novel by the same name… | 但是 有法兰辛有首诗歌也叫这个名字 |
[1:17:29] | About a professor-student relationship. | 讲的是师生恋 |
[1:17:31] | – why do you do this? – what? | – 你干嘛这样 -怎么 |
[1:17:34] | You do this all the time, and on top of that, you insult me by telling me that I’m the one… | 你一直这样 当你和一个已婚男人有一腿时 |
[1:17:38] | That’s having a midlife crisis here, when you’re the one having an affair with a married guy… | 你羞辱他说 有中年危机 |
[1:17:41] | Instead of seeking real intimacy… | 而不是和眼下的这个人 |
[1:17:43] | With someone who is available for real commitment. | 好好亲热 |
[1:17:45] | And you know, it’s all about your father. | 你知道 都是因为你父亲 |
[1:17:52] | I’m just trying to have a healthy, normal sex life here. | 我只是想过健康正常的性生活罢了 |
[1:17:56] | l… look, I’m not betraying anyone. | 我又没背叛什么人 |
[1:17:59] | Only yourself. | 你自己 |
[1:18:01] | – what? – nothing. | -什么 -没什么 |
[1:18:05] | Wait. wendy. | 等一下 温迪 |
[1:18:07] | Wendy. | 温迪 |
[1:18:11] | You don’t have- oh, for… | 你没必要 |
[1:18:14] | Don’t do this. | 别这样 |
[1:18:17] | Come on, wen, don’t… hey, do you want me to help? oh. | 拜托 别 你要我帮忙吗 |
[1:18:24] | – are you okay? – | 你还好吧 |
[1:18:27] | Look, I’ll call you. | 我给你打电话 |
[1:18:29] | You double-crosser! you judas! | 你出卖了我 你个犹大 |
[1:18:31] | Harry! harry, go back! | 哈里 快回去 |
[1:18:33] | Turn me in. cut my throat for a thousand quidl | 去告发我吧 割了我的咽喉 就能拿1000先令了 |
[1:18:37] | Go, back, harryl I’ll get helpl | 快回去 哈里 我会找人帮忙的 |
[1:18:40] | Oh, harry | 哦 哈里 |
[1:18:41] | All right, go to kristo. there you are, kristol | 好吧 去拿剑去吧 去吧 |
[1:18:44] | Give her the blood money she cut my throat for. | 把该死的钱给她 是她杀了我 |
[1:18:47] | Can we please not use this horrible light? | 能不能别用这讨厌的灯 |
[1:18:49] | It’s depressing. | 感觉很压抑 |
[1:18:53] | I bought you this one, dad. remember? | 我买的这个 记得吗 爸 |
[1:18:57] | See how nice this is? | 很漂亮吧 |
[1:19:07] | wendy? | 温迪 |
[1:19:10] | What’s-what’s going on with that? | 怎么回事 |
[1:19:13] | It’s not gonna affect you in any way. | 不会碍你事的 |
[1:19:16] | They said it was fine for her to stay here as long as I could prove she’s had all her shots. | 他们说在我证明她没病之前她只能待在这儿 |
[1:19:20] | I still don’t think it’s a good idea. | 我不觉得是个好主意 |
[1:19:23] | Well, they like animals here, jon. | 他们很愿意这儿有些小动物 乔恩 |
[1:19:26] | Apparently, it’s good for the residents’ well-being. | 很明显 对这儿的人也有好处 |
[1:19:29] | They reduce stress, so if you just fucking calm down about it. | 可以减轻压力 所以你最好他妈的冷静些 |
[1:19:41] | Dad? | 爸 |
[1:19:44] | I want to introduce you to someone. | 我给你介绍个朋友 |
[1:19:49] | – I don’t see anything. – well, here, let me prop you up. | -我看不到 – 那我扶你起来 |
[1:19:54] | – where’s your pillow? – what? | -你的枕头呢 -什么 |
[1:19:58] | – where’s dad’s pillow? – all right, what pillow? | -爸的枕头了 -什么枕头 |
[1:20:01] | The big red one, the one I bought him. the one from urban outfitters. | 大红枕头 我从店里给他买的 |
[1:20:09] | You saw it! | 你看见过的 |
[1:20:12] | Jesus, jon! | 天啊 乔恩 |
[1:20:19] | – excuse me. – hold on a second. yeah. | -打扰一下 -稍等下 什么 |
[1:20:22] | My father has a big red pillow that I bought for him… | 我给我父亲买了个大红枕头 |
[1:20:24] | And it’s missing from his room. | 现在找不到了 |
[1:20:26] | I just started my shift. try simone in the lounge. | 我才接班了 问问休息室的人 |
[1:20:34] | – are you simone? – I am. | -你是西蒙吗 -是的 |
[1:20:36] | I’m lenny savage’s daughter in b-26. | 我是b-24室莱尼·萨维奇的女儿 |
[1:20:39] | He has a big red pillow I bought him. it’s missing. | 我买给他的一个大红枕头 现在不见了 |
[1:20:41] | – did he have his name on it? – and his room number. | -上面有名字吗 -还有房间号码 |
[1:20:43] | What’s it look like? | 什么样的 |
[1:20:46] | Big… red… pillow. | 大 红 枕头 |
[1:21:07] | Excuse me. ma’am? | 打扰下 女士 |
[1:21:11] | That belongs to my father. | 那是我父亲的 |
[1:21:13] | The pillow. | 这枕头 |
[1:21:15] | It doesn’t belong to you, it belongs to my father. | 那不是你的 是我父亲的 |
[1:21:19] | I’m so sorry. it doesn’t belong to you. | 我很抱歉 但那不是你的 |
[1:21:22] | No! | 不 |
[1:21:25] | You all right? | 你还好吗 |
[1:21:29] | Here you go, dad. | 来了 爸 |
[1:21:34] | Dad, I thought you might like this to help prop you up. | 爸 这个会让你起身时 |
[1:21:36] | Lean forward. | 容易些 |
[1:21:41] | There. dad! | 爸 |
[1:21:43] | – ah, wendy, forget it. – I don’t want it. | -温迪 我不要 -我不喜欢 |
[1:21:46] | Are you sure? it’ll make you more comfortable. | 你确定吗 这会让你舒服些 |
[1:21:49] | Come on. here we go. | 来吧 再试试 |
[1:21:51] | I don’t want it! can’t you hear? | 我不喜欢 你听不到吗 |
[1:21:56] | What the hell does she think I’m paying her for? to bother me? | 该死的 我付钱给她来干什么的 来烦我的吗 |
[1:22:02] | Wendy, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. | 温迪 他不知道自己在说些啥 |
[1:22:28] | You want one? | 想要一支吗 |
[1:22:32] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:22:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:22:46] | So what’s in the box? | 盒里是什么 |
[1:22:50] | A cat. | 猫 |
[1:22:52] | Taking it out for a walk? | 带它散步吗 |
[1:23:04] | Your cat is cold. | 你的猫好像很冷 |
[1:23:08] | Come over here. I’ll turn the heat on. | 过来吧 我把空调打开 |
[1:23:22] | How’s he doing? | 他情况还好吧 |
[1:23:26] | My friend in b-26. | 我朋友在b-26室 |
[1:23:28] | Oh, he’s good. | 不错 |
[1:23:31] | I mean he’s not good, but he’s… he’s okay. he’s fine. | 我是指 不是很好 但是他 还行吧 过得去 |
[1:23:48] | He likes tater tots. | 他喜欢煎土豆 |
[1:23:52] | It’s the only thing he touches sometimes. | 他经常提到的只有这个 |
[1:23:55] | I give him extras when I can. | 我尽量多给他些 |
[1:23:57] | Double servings. | 双倍 |
[1:24:00] | You married? | 你结婚了吗 |
[1:24:03] | No. | 没有 |
[1:24:06] | – but my boyfriend is. – | 但我男朋友结了 |
[1:24:08] | Does your mother know you’re doing that? | 你母亲知道你这事吗 |
[1:24:12] | She’s not really in the picture. | 与她没什么关系 |
[1:24:16] | She dead? that’s why she never comes around, eh? | 她去世了吗 所以一直没见她来过 |
[1:24:19] | No. just kind of obsolete in the parenting department. | 没有 只是个不适合做母亲的人 |
[1:24:25] | – she just wasn’t very good at it. – hmm. | -她不会做家长 -嗯 |
[1:24:28] | Neither was my father, actually. | 实际上 我父亲也是如此 |
[1:24:30] | So that’s why a pretty woman doesn’t have a husband or a family of her own. | 所以如此美貌的你仍然子然一身 |
[1:24:40] | What do you do when you’re not here? | 你不在这儿时 都做些什么 |
[1:24:45] | I’m a, um… | 我 |
[1:24:47] | A theater person. | 在剧院工作 |
[1:24:51] | I temp for money, but it’s not my main thing. I write plays. | 打点小工 但那不是我的主业 我写剧本 |
[1:24:54] | Like shakespeare? | 像莎士比亚吗 |
[1:24:57] | – yeah. well, not as good. – | 是啊 但是没有那么好 |
[1:25:00] | – what are your plays about? – what, my plays? | -你的剧本写什么的 -我的剧本吗 |
[1:25:03] | – can I read one? – are you kidding? | -我能看看吗 -你开玩笑吧 |
[1:25:06] | – no, no. – you actually want to read one of my plays? | -没有 -你真的想看吗 |
[1:25:10] | What’s so strange about that? | 有什么奇怪的 |
[1:25:12] | No, it’s just that, you know, in my world… | 没有 只是 我以为 |
[1:25:15] | People don’t usually want to read somebody’s… | 人们不读其他人的 |
[1:25:17] | Unproduced play. | 未完工的作品 |
[1:25:23] | Your father’s doing okay, by the way. | 顺便说一下 你父亲的状况还好 |
[1:25:27] | He’s got some time left. | 他还有些时间 |
[1:25:31] | – how do you know? – his toes. | -你怎么知道 -他的脚趾 |
[1:25:34] | They haven’t started to curl under yet. | 还没有往下卷曲 |
[1:25:37] | The toes, they always curl under a few days before. | 在人们去世走之前几天 脚趾总是会卷曲 |
[1:25:43] | What, is that some kind ofjamaican folklore thing or something? | 这是什么牙买加的民间传说吗 |
[1:25:49] | I learned it from being here. | 我在这儿学的 |
[1:25:52] | We all talk about it. it’s always the same. | 我们常提起 的确是这样的 |
[1:25:54] | – the toes curl? – hmm. | -脚趾要卷起来 -嗯 |
[1:25:57] | Like the witch in the wizard of oz. | 就像巫师的巫术 |
[1:26:00] | A couple of days before they go. | 他们走之前的几天 |
[1:26:03] | Why, do you think? | 为什么呢 以你看来 |
[1:26:08] | They say it’s the air leaving the body. | 他们说 是因为空气离开了身体 |
[1:26:23] | I’m from nigeria, by the way. | 我来自尼日利亚 |
[1:27:22] | Wendy. | 温迪 |
[1:27:49] | thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:28:11] | Jon, it’s locked. | 乔恩 锁上的 |
[1:28:13] | Come on. open it. | 来啊 打开它 |
[1:28:17] | They published the list in the paper, and your name wasn’t on it. | 他们在报纸上公布了名单 没有你的名字 |
[1:28:21] | What? | 什么 |
[1:28:23] | The guggenheim foundation took out an ad in the new york times… | 古根海姆基金会在纽约时报上 |
[1:28:26] | Announcing their fellows for the year, and your name wasn’t on it. | 宣布了今年的成员名单 没有你的名字 |
[1:28:32] | – that’s weird. – yeah. | -这就怪了 -是啊 |
[1:28:34] | Must have been an oversight. | 肯定写漏了 |
[1:28:36] | Can you… can you let me in? I’m freezing. | 你能让我进去吗 我冷死了 |
[1:28:39] | – it-it wasn’t. – what? | -不 -什么 |
[1:28:40] | An oversight. | 不是写漏了 |
[1:28:42] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[1:28:46] | Because I called the guggenheim foundation. | 因为我给古根海姆基金会打了电话 |
[1:28:49] | Let me in the car. | 让我上车 |
[1:28:59] | – hi, dad. – hi. | -嗨 爸 -嗨 |
[1:29:01] | I called them to find out why your name wasn’t on the list. | 我叫他们查查 为什么你的名字没在上面 |
[1:29:04] | – why would you do that? – ’cause I was looking out for you. | -你为什么这样做 -因为我想帮你查查 |
[1:29:07] | You were policing me. | 你在监视我 |
[1:29:09] | You’re sick. that’s sick, jon. | 你是个变态 乔恩 |
[1:29:12] | No. you’re sick. | 不 你是变态 |
[1:29:14] | You’re the sick one, wendy. | 你才是个变态 温迪 |
[1:29:19] | A friend of mine does some consulting for the guggenheim foundation. | 我的一个朋友为基金会做顾问 |
[1:29:23] | He looked your name up in the computer. | 他在电脑上查了你的资料 |
[1:29:25] | You’ve been rejected eight times. | 你被拒绝了8次 |
[1:29:28] | So? how many times have you been rejected? | 你呢 你被拒绝了几次 |
[1:29:32] | Fuck! that’s not the point. | 见鬼 这不是重点 |
[1:29:34] | – six. – hmm, no, no. | -6次 -不 不 |
[1:29:36] | The point is you don’t think I have any talent. | 重点是你不认为我有这个才能 |
[1:29:38] | The point is you called them because you just couldn’t believe… | 重点是 你给他们打电话 是因为你不相信 |
[1:29:40] | That your little sister might just get one! | 你的妹妹能成功 |
[1:29:42] | – uh, that’s not true. – yeah, yeah, it is true. | -不是这样的 -是的 就是这样的 |
[1:29:45] | You’re just like him. he never thought I could do anything either. | 你就像他一样 他也不信我能成点事 |
[1:29:47] | – why are you comparing me to dad? – comparing you to… | -为什么你要拿我和爸比 -拿你和他… |
[1:29:50] | – what is the point? – no! you don’t think I have talent. | -重点是什么 -你认为我没有才能 |
[1:29:52] | You just don’t think I can do anything. | 你认为我就成不了事 |
[1:29:54] | You obviously don’t think you can do anything either… | 你显然也认为我成不了事 |
[1:29:57] | Because you have to fucking lie about itl | 因为你对此鬼话连篇 |
[1:29:59] | -are you out of your mind? – I’m out of my mind? | -你真是没良心 -我没良心啊 |
[1:30:52] | – where’d you get the money from, wen? – I got a grant. | -你的钱是从哪儿来的 温 -赞助的 |
[1:30:56] | – just cut the crap, wendy. – I got a grant, jon! I did. | -省省你的鬼话吧 温迪 -是赞助的 乔恩 真的 |
[1:31:01] | Okay, fine, I didn’t win a guggenheim. | 好吧 我没有获得古根海姆的赞助 |
[1:31:05] | Big fucking deal. | 有什么他妈了不起的 |
[1:31:08] | It was a different kind of grant. | 是另外的赞助 |
[1:31:10] | – what kind? – what? | -什么赞助 -什么 |
[1:31:13] | You got a different kind of grant. what’d you get? | 你说是其他的赞助 什么赞助 |
[1:31:19] | Fema. | 非玛 |
[1:31:21] | What? I never heard of that. | 什么 我从未听说过 |
[1:31:25] | Fema. | 非玛 |
[1:31:28] | Fema? | 非玛 |
[1:31:32] | You mean fema, federal emergency management? | 你是指非玛 联邦紧急事务处理中心 |
[1:31:36] | You took money from fema? | 你从非玛那儿拿钱吗 |
[1:31:38] | I was granted the money. | 是赞助 |
[1:31:40] | What was the federal emergency? | 你什么紧急事务 |
[1:31:42] | 911 9/11. | |
[1:31:44] | What does that have to do with you? | 与你有什么相干 |
[1:31:47] | I worked downtown. I was affected. | 我在市区工作 对我有影响 |
[1:31:50] | Everyone was affected. the whole world was affected. | 那对每个人都有影响 整个世界都如此 |
[1:31:52] | That doesn’t mean they’re going around taking money from people who really need it. | 那不代表大家都可以去那儿 拿别人真正需要的钱 |
[1:31:55] | There was no work for months. all the temps… all the temps applied. | 已经几个月没工作了 所有临时岗位都没了 |
[1:32:00] | I was not the first one to… | 我不是第一个 |
[1:32:04] | Look, l-i am trying to get my life together. | 我想让我的生活重新好起来 |
[1:32:07] | – by stealing money from the federal government? – I did not steal it! | -靠偷联邦政府的钱 -这不是偷 |
[1:32:10] | There’s a thing where you can apply… | 你可以申请 |
[1:32:12] | If you lost 25% of your salary or something like that! | 如果你收入减少了25% 或其它什么的 |
[1:32:15] | I don’t remember the details. you call fema, you ask them. | 细节记不住了 你可以打电话给非玛 你自己去问 |
[1:32:18] | – I’m not. – look, they care about me more than you do. | -不用了 -他们比你更关心我 |
[1:32:21] | I’m not calling fema. okay? | 我不会打电话给fema的 好吧 |
[1:32:24] | – I’m sorry. – ha, ha. | -很抱歉 -哈哈 |
[1:33:21] | Hello. yes. | 你好 是的 |
[1:33:25] | No, it’s okay. what… what’s wrong? is he all right? | 不 没什么 怎么了 他还好吧 |
[1:33:31] | What? | 什么 |
[1:33:37] | Okay. okay, uh, I understand. we’ll, uh… we’ll be right over. | 好的 我理解 我们马上就过来 |
[1:33:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:33:43] | – is he okay? – it’s-it’s not dad. it’s genghis. | -他还好吧 -不是爸 是耿格斯 |
[1:33:48] | She got in a fight with that other cat. | 她和其他猫打架 |
[1:33:50] | They want us to get her out of there now. | 他们想让我们带她出去 |
[1:33:54] | I told you that cat was a bad idea. | 我说过把那猫放在那里 不是个好主意 |
[1:34:04] | Genghis. | 耿格斯 |
[1:34:05] | – hi. – hi. | -你好 -好啊 |
[1:34:08] | – what happened? – I don’t know. | -怎么了 -我不知道 |
[1:34:11] | They were getting along fine before. | 之前他们还处得不错 |
[1:34:14] | She’s under here. she won’t come out. | 她在下面不肯出来 |
[1:34:17] | – Genghis. | 耿格斯 |
[1:34:19] | Sometimes, if you just ignore her, she comes. | 有时你不理她 她自己倒出来了 |
[1:34:22] | – yeah? – yeah. | -是吗 -是啊 |
[1:34:36] | I read your play. | 我读了你的剧本 |
[1:34:39] | – oh, yeah? | -是吗 |
[1:34:42] | I liked it. | 我喜欢 |
[1:34:45] | – no way. really? – yeah. | -不是吧 真的吗 -是的 |
[1:34:50] | You didn’t think it was a bunch of middle-class whining? | 你不觉得那是中产阶级的无病呻吟 |
[1:34:53] | No. | 不觉得 |
[1:34:57] | I was scared you’d think I was some spoiled american… | 我怕你认为我是那种被宠坏了的美国人 |
[1:35:00] | Who’s complaining about her difficult childhood. | 抱怨自己艰苦的童年 |
[1:35:03] | No, not at all. | 完全没有 |
[1:35:06] | I thought it was sad. | 我觉得这剧作很伤感 |
[1:35:25] | – I should probably go back to work. – okay, I am… I’m sorry. | -我也许该回去工作了 -好的 我很抱歉 |
[1:35:28] | – no, no, no. – I’m sorry. | -别 别 别 -我真恶心 |
[1:35:30] | – no, no, no, no, no. – I am so gross. | -别 别 -我真恶心 |
[1:35:32] | – no, you… you’re great. – | 不 你很棒 |
[1:35:34] | – I am… I am gross. – no, no. no, you’re great. | -我太失礼了 -不 你很出色 |
[1:35:37] | It’s just… I’m in love with my girlfriend. | 只是 我很爱我的女友 |
[1:35:44] | L-i know it sounds like corn, but, really, l… | 我知道这听起来很俗 但是我 |
[1:35:46] | No. | 不 |
[1:35:49] | It’s not corny. | 这一点也不俗 |
[1:35:55] | Look who it is. | 看那是谁 |
[1:35:59] | – Genghis. | 耿格斯 |
[1:36:03] | Pop the trunk. | 打开后车箱 |
[1:36:38] | Here, there’s emotion, an interest in what people are feeling. | 这是情绪 对人们内心感受的兴趣 |
[1:36:44] | Whereas brecht wants people to think. | 而布莱·希特希望人们去思考 |
[1:36:49] | In dramatic theater, you have suggestion… | 在戏剧中 人们提建议 |
[1:36:55] | But brecht wants an argument. | 而布莱·希特却希望争吵 |
[1:37:02] | Excuse me one minute. | 稍等一下 |
[1:37:05] | Hello? | 喂 |
[1:37:09] | Yes, it is. | 是的 我是 |
[1:37:20] | Okay, thank you. | 好的 谢谢你 |
[1:37:29] | Mr. savage? | 萨维奇先生 |
[1:37:33] | Um, what’s the difference between plot and narrative? | 编排与叙述之间有什么不同 |
[1:37:39] | Sorry. you wrote it on the board. | 抱歉 你写在黑板上的 |
[1:39:04] | Jon. | 乔恩 |
[1:39:06] | Jon. | 乔恩 |
[1:39:10] | Yeah? | 什么 |
[1:39:30] | That’s it? | 就这样结束了吗 |
[1:39:39] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:39:56] | Excuse me. | 打扰下 |
[1:43:09] | Hi. | 你好 |
[1:43:11] | Hi. | 你好 |
[1:43:15] | These are for you. | 这是给你的 |
[1:43:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:43:22] | Yeah, they don’t have a smell. they’re from the deli. | 这没什么香气 在熟食店买的 |
[1:43:24] | I never understand why that is with flowers from there. | 我永远也想不明白 花怎么那些东西一起卖 |
[1:43:27] | Guess you have to go to a real florist and pay extra if you want the nice smell. | 估计如果想要香花 只能多付些钱去找花农 |
[1:43:35] | Can I come in for a minute? | 能进来会儿吗 |
[1:43:44] | Where’s marley? | 马莉在呢 |
[1:43:48] | She’s not… uh… | 她 |
[1:43:51] | I wasn’t gonna get into this. | 我不太好说 |
[1:43:53] | Must seem ridiculous compared to what you’ve been going through. | 和你所经历的相比 有点荒谬 |
[1:43:57] | You had a human being die on you. | 你经历了一个亲人的逝去 |
[1:44:00] | She’s dead? | 她死了吗 |
[1:44:03] | We’re gonna do it tomorrow. | 我们明天动手 |
[1:44:07] | Her hips… she can’t get around anymore. she can’t get up on the bed. | 她的腰 她再也不能四处晃荡了 也不能跳上床了 |
[1:44:10] | She’s so depressed. | 她很沮丧 |
[1:44:14] | There’s a surgery, but the vet says… | 可以做手术 但兽医说 |
[1:44:16] | There are no guarantees and the rehabilitation’s brutal. | 不能保证治好 而且恢复过程很痛苦 |
[1:44:24] | She’s old, wen. | 她老了 温 |
[1:44:26] | She’s in pain. | 她很痛苦 |
[1:44:54] | I’m sorry about your dad. | 对你爸爸的事 我很遗憾 |
[1:45:02] | If you ever want to re-indulge in unhealthy, compromising behavior… | 如果你什么时候还想放纵的时候 |
[1:45:06] | You know who to call, right? | 你知道找谁吧 |
[1:45:21] | Larry? can I ask you a question? | 拉里 我能问你个问题吗 |
[1:45:25] | Not about us. | 不是关于我们的 |
[1:45:33] | Go left. | 左面 |
[1:45:36] | Good, do it one more time. | 好的 再来一遍 |
[1:45:42] | No, he doesn’t know what’s happening. | 不 他不知道发生了什么 |
[1:45:44] | Let’s do it again. | 我们再来一遍 |
[1:45:46] | So walk away and then pace around a little. | 走开 然后踱步 |
[1:45:49] | And, max, watch tv. | 马克思 看电视 |
[1:45:52] | What did I tell you about doing your chores before… | 叫你做家务 |
[1:45:55] | Watching tv, huh? | 你却看电视 |
[1:45:58] | Stop and turn around like it’s over. | 停下来 然后转过去 就像结束了一样 |
[1:46:04] | Should I react once he goes up? | 他上去的时侯 我是不是该有所反应 |
[1:46:19] | Do you think it’s too much? | 你觉得是不是多了点 |
[1:46:22] | No, it’s, uh… | 不 这 |
[1:46:24] | It’s, um… | 这是 |
[1:46:27] | The, uh… the naturalism with the… | 这将本能与魔幻般的现实主义 |
[1:46:30] | The magic realism together, it-it’s effective. | 结合了起来 让人印象深刻 |
[1:46:34] | Are you crying? | 你哭了吗 |
[1:46:43] | Thanks for coming. | 感谢到场 |
[1:46:45] | Thanks for inviting me. I’ll, uh… | 谢谢你邀请我 我 |
[1:46:47] | – I’ll see the real thing when I come back through. – okay. | -我回来后看实演 -好的 |
[1:46:52] | Do you hate me for using stuff from your life in the play? | 用你的故事做素材 你不恨我吧 |
[1:46:56] | No. it’s fine. | 没有 这很好 |
[1:46:59] | – you don’t think it’s self-important and bourgeois? – no, it’s good. | -你不觉得这有些自傲和小资 -不 这很好 |
[1:47:02] | Wendy, it’s really good. | 温迪 这作品真的很棒 |
[1:47:05] | J fk, please. wish me luck on my paper. | 肯尼迪机场 谢谢 祝我的论文成功吧 |
[1:47:11] | What’s it called? | 什么名字 |
[1:47:13] | Dark comedy in the plays of bertolt brecht.” | “不是笑着玩的”–布莱希特作品中的黑色幽默 |
[1:47:19] | – bad title? – no, it’s good. it’s good. | -题目不怎么样吧 -不 很好 很好 |
[1:47:22] | – – no, I like it. | 不 我很喜欢 |
[1:47:24] | – where’s the conference? – poland. | -会议在哪儿开 -波兰 |
[1:47:28] | You didn’t tell me that. | 你怎么不告诉我呢 |
[1:47:30] | You didn’t ask. | 你没问啊 |
[1:47:35] | Just gonna check in with… you know. | 只是去看看 你知道 |
[1:47:38] | Play it by ear, see how we… | 凭感觉吧 看看我们 |
[1:47:41] | Feel about each other’s people and… | 彼此之前的感觉 |
[1:47:55] | It’s really good. | 真的很好 |
[1:48:00] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:48:56] | Come on, baby. come on. | 来啊 宝贝 来啊 |
[1:48:59] | Let’s go. | 我们加油 |
[1:50:53] | & I’m sticking with you & | 我跟定你了 |
[1:50:57] | & ’cause I’m made out of glue & | 因为我就是胶水做的 |
[1:51:02] | & anything that you might do & | 你做的任何事 |
[1:51:07] | & I’m gonna do, too & | 我都会效仿 |
[1:51:12] | & you held up a stagecoach in the rain & | 哪怕你要在雨中拦马车 |
[1:51:17] | & and I’m doing the same & | 我也会效仿 |
[1:51:22] | & saw you hanging from a tree & | 如果看你在树上绞死 |
[1:51:26] | & and I made-believe it was me & | 我会假装那是我 |
[1:51:32] | & I’m sticking with you & | 我跟定你了 |
[1:51:36] | & ’cause I’m made out of glue & | 因为我就是胶水做的 |
[1:51:42] | & anything that you might do & | 你做的任何事 |
[1:51:47] | & I’m gonna do, too & | 我都会效仿 |
[1:51:52] | & moon people going to the stratosphere & | 宇航员去登月了 |
[1:51:56] | & soldiers fighting with the cong & | 士兵去越南打战了 |
[1:52:00] | & but with you by my side, I can do anything & | 但只有要你在身旁 啥事我都愿做 |
[1:52:06] | & when we swing & | 我们就在 |
[1:52:09] | & we hang past right and wrong & | 是非中荡漾 |
[1:52:16] | & I’ll do anything for you & | 我愿为你做任何事 |
[1:52:22] | & anything you want me to & | 任何你想让我去做的事 |
[1:52:28] | & I’ll do anything for you & | 我都会去做 |
[1:52:32] | & oh-oh, I’m sticking with you & | 我跟定你了 |
[1:52:37] | & oh-oh, I’m sticking with you & | 我跟定你了 |
[1:52:43] | & oh-oh, I’m sticking with you & | 我跟定你了 |
[1:52:49] | & oh-oh, I’m sticking with you & | 我跟定你了 |
[1:52:55] | & oh-oh, I’m sticking with you & | 我跟定你了 |
[1:53:01] | & oh-oh, I’m sticking with you & | 我跟定你了 |
[1:53:07] | & oh-oh, I’m sticking with you & | 我跟定你了 |
[1:53:12] | & oh-oh, I’m sticking with you & | 我跟定你了 |
[1:53:18] | & oh-oh, I’m sticking with you & | 我跟定你了 |