英文名称:Gosford Park
年代:2001
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:48] | Don’t just stand there. Give me a hand with the canopy. | 别光站着,搭把手拉车篷 |
[01:12] | Mary? Merriman? Are you ready? | 梅丽?马利曼?准备好了? |
[01:15] | – Mary? – Yes, Mr. Burkett. | – 梅丽? – 是,伯科特先生 |
[01:21] | Everything’s ready, milady. | 都准备好了,夫人 |
[01:59] | 高 斯 福 德 庄 园 | |
[02:04] | goodliuwu | |
[03:06] | – I think she’s knocking. – Well, see what she wants. | – 我觉得她在敲窗 – 看看她想要什么 |
[03:11] | I can’t open this wretched thing. | 我打不开这烂东西 |
[03:16] | I suppose we better stop. | 我看咱们最好停下 |
[03:37] | I can’t get this top off. | 我拧不开这盖子 |
[04:01] | Hello. Is everything all right? | 你好,一切可好? |
[04:03] | Are-Are you okay? | 你们…你们没事吧? |
[04:05] | – Am I what? – We’re all right, thank you. | – 我什么? – 我们没事,谢谢 |
[04:08] | Is that Lady Trentham? | 那是特伦萨姆夫人吗? |
[04:10] | Lady Trentham. It’s, uh–I’m William McCordle’s cousin, Ivor. | 特伦萨姆夫人,是…我是威廉·麦克多的表弟艾弗 |
[04:16] | Ivor Novello. | 艾弗·诺瓦洛 |
[04:18] | Yes, of course. | 哦,对了 |
[04:20] | May I introduce a friend of mine from California? | 容我介绍我的一位来自加州的朋友 |
[04:22] | – Mr. Morris Weissman. – Hello. | – 莫里斯·怀斯曼先生 – 你好 |
[04:28] | Uh, we were just wondering if we were headed in the same direction. | 嗯,我们是不是去往同一个方向 |
[04:31] | I dare say we might be. | 我敢说很可能是 |
[04:36] | Well, if-if everything seems to be all right– | 哦,既然没什么事的话… |
[04:43] | Bye. | 再见 |
[04:47] | Could we get on before I freeze to death? | 咱们能不能继续走,趁我还没冻死 |
[04:51] | Was that really Ivor Novello? | 那真是艾弗·诺瓦洛? |
[04:52] | Yes. Could we get on? | 是,咱们可以走了吧? |
[05:13] | 原创故事:罗伯特·奥特曼 鲍勃·巴拉班 | |
[05:26] | 导演:罗伯特·奥特曼 | |
[05:35] | 1932年11月 | |
[05:39] | Oh, hello. Nice house. | 你好,房子漂亮 |
[05:41] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[05:47] | Hello, Ivor. | 你好,艾弗 |
[05:48] | Welcome back, Your Ladyship. | 欢迎回来,夫人阁下 |
[05:49] | Constance, welcome. | 康斯坦斯,欢迎 |
[05:53] | Hello, dear. If he has to call me by my Christian name, | 你好亲爱的,要是他非得叫我的教名 |
[05:57] | why can’t he make it “Aunt Constance”? | 为何不叫康斯坦斯姑姑? |
[05:59] | I’m not the upstairs maid. | 我可不是楼上的女佣 |
[06:01] | He’s still got that vile little dog, I see. | 他还养着那只小脏狗,我看到了 |
[06:03] | Yes, the ones we hate last forever. | 对,我们讨厌的东西都长命 |
[06:05] | – Did you have a horrid journey? – Yes, fairly horrid. | – 你们路上辛苦? – 没错,是够苦的 |
[06:10] | Take the car around the back to unload it. | 开车绕到屋后卸行李 |
[06:16] | You better follow him. Mrs. Wilson will look after you. | 你最好跟他去,威尔逊太太会照应你 |
[06:22] | Your Ladyship. | 夫人阁下 |
[06:25] | Your Lordship. | 老爷阁下 |
[06:32] | – Louisa. – William. | – 露易莎 – 威廉 |
[06:34] | Raymond. | 雷蒙德 |
[06:36] | Lots of good shooting coming. | 好好猎上几只 |
[06:37] | That’s what we’re here for. | 我们就为了这个来的 |
[06:41] | Just leave everything in one pile around the corner there. | 所有东西一块儿堆在那边就行 |
[06:43] | Make sure it’s properly labelled. It’ll go up in the luggage lift. | 记得贴对名字,会从行李电梯送上去的 |
[06:46] | These are the guns. Where’s the gun room? | 这些都是枪,枪房在哪? |
[06:48] | Down there on the right. Find Mr. Strutt, the keeper. He’ll show you what to do. | 在下面右边,找保管员斯特拉特先生,他会教你怎么做 |
[06:51] | I know what to do. | 我知道该怎么做 |
[06:52] | Ellen, what do you think you’re doing over there? | 爱伦,你在那儿干嘛呢? |
[06:55] | Take that rain off those cases before you take them up. | 把箱子上的雨水抹干再搬上楼 |
[06:58] | Those are Mr. Novello’s bags. | 那是诺瓦洛先生的行李 |
[07:01] | – Who are you? – I ‘m Mr. Weissman’s man. | – 你是谁? – 我是怀斯曼先生的人 |
[07:04] | – The Countess of Trentham. – Yes. | – 特伦萨姆伯爵夫人 – 好的 |
[07:05] | Make sure they’re properly labelled. Put them down there all right? | 贴好标签,放在那里好吗? |
[07:08] | – Where am I? – You’re in the stable block with the grooms. | – 我住哪里? – 你跟马夫住马厩 |
[07:11] | Her Ladyship is in the Chinese room. | 夫人住中式套房 |
[07:13] | Elsie! Elsie! | 埃尔茜!埃尔茜! |
[07:14] | You’ll be sharing with the head housemaid. | 你与女佣领班一间房 |
[07:16] | She’ll show you where everything is, all right? | 她会照应一切,明白吗? |
[07:18] | Elsie, this is Miss Trentham. | 埃尔茜,这位是特伦萨姆小姐 |
[07:19] | Mrs. Wilson | 威尔逊太太 |
[07:20] | -Take care of her, will you? – Excuse me, ma’am– | – 照顾她 – 抱歉,夫人… |
[07:23] | My name’s Mary. Mary Maceachran. | 我叫梅丽,梅丽·麦基伦 |
[07:25] | Not here it’s not. It’s Trentham. | 不,在这里不是,就叫特伦萨姆 |
[07:28] | Lord Stockbridge. Guns. | 斯托布里奇老爷,枪 |
[07:29] | Down there on the right. | 在那里,右边 |
[07:31] | The name’s Parks. Robert Parks. | 我叫帕克斯,罗伯特·帕克斯 |
[07:34] | Mr. Parks? | 帕克斯先生 |
[07:37] | Mr. Parks, below stairs you’ll be known as Mr. Stockbridge. | 帕克斯先生,在楼下你叫斯托布里奇先生 |
[07:39] | There’s three more outside. | 外面还有三个 |
[07:41] | I knew a Mr. Parks who was in service in Norwich. | 帕克斯先生,我认识一个帕克斯先生在诺维奇当佣人 |
[07:43] | Is he any relation of yours? | 他和你有什么关系吗 |
[07:45] | No. London born and bred. | 不,我在伦敦土生土长 |
[07:47] | What should I do with Her Ladyship’s jewels? | 我该拿夫人的珠宝怎么办? |
[07:49] | It’s this way. George is in charge of the safe. | 往这边,乔治负责保险箱 |
[07:52] | He’s the first footman, and you wanna watch where he puts his hands. | 他是男仆领班,你得看住他的手脚 |
[07:58] | She’s new. | 她是新来的 |
[08:03] | 过氧化氢 毒药 | |
[08:10] | Have you got the ones for tonight? | 今晚要戴的拿了没有? |
[08:13] | Oh, sorry. | 哦,对不起 |
[08:18] | Always bring a separate box for the first night. It saves bother. | 第一晚的每次都另放一个盒子,省得麻烦 |
[08:42] | Freddie, do wait. | 弗雷迪,等我一下 |
[08:43] | For goodness sakes, Mabel. What is it this time? | 老天在上,梅布尔,这回又是什么? |
[08:46] | – Does my hair look all right? – It looks fine. Where the hell were you? | – 我头发看上去还好吧? – 挺好的,你哪儿去了? |
[08:50] | We’re not late. Freddie, do please stop going on. | 我们又没迟到,弗雷迪,拜托别再问了 |
[08:55] | Isobel? | 伊莎贝尔? |
[08:56] | – Hello. – Hello, Isobel. | – 你好 – 你好,伊莎贝尔 |
[08:58] | Darling, I’ll see you in there. | 亲爱的,稍后见 |
[09:00] | There’s been something I’ve been meaning to say to you. | 有件事我一直想跟你说 |
[09:06] | – Have you, uh–Have you spoken to your father? – No. | – 你有没有…你有没有跟你父亲谈过? – 没有 |
[09:11] | What do you mean, no? Hey, you promised. | 怎么会没有?你答应过我的 |
[09:14] | I never promised. I said I’d do my best. | 我从没答应过,我说尽力而为 |
[09:16] | You’re so beautiful when you resist me. | 你拒绝我的时候特别美丽 |
[09:18] | Stop it. I’ll ask him tonight. | 停下,我今晚问他 |
[09:21] | Well, you bloody well better. | 你最好是去问 |
[09:25] | – You shouldn’t sneak up on people like that. – Don’t worry. It’s nobody. | – 你不该这样溜墙根 – 别担心,又不是别人 |
[09:29] | Sorry, Miss Isobel. | 对不起,伊莎贝尔小姐 |
[09:31] | Do you really think you’ll have a chance to speak to him tonight? | 你觉得今晚真的有机会跟他说? |
[09:34] | – Would you stop going on about it? – Izzy | – 你能不能别再说这事了 – 伊莎 |
[09:35] | …that’s all very well.. | …这倒是很好… |
[09:36] | I think it’s ridiculous. I’m here to shoot. | 我觉得真荒谬,我是为打猎来的 |
[09:39] | Darling, it’s a relief to me to sit next to someone who isn’t deaf in one ear. | 亲爱的,坐在没有聋掉一只耳朵的人旁边真让我松口气 |
[09:43] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么? |
[09:46] | I have a dog. | 我也养狗 |
[09:48] | -What’s the name? -Sam | – 叫什么名字? – 萨姆 |
[09:50] | Darling, what do you mean, “leave it”? | 亲爱的,你说“别管它”是什么意思? |
[09:53] | Well, I just meant let it come naturally. | 我只是说要让它自然被人提出 |
[09:55] | Don’t try and steer the conversation. | 不要试图把控谈话 |
[09:58] | It makes you sound so desperate. | 会让你听起来很绝望 |
[10:00] | Well, I am fucking desperate. | 我他妈的是很绝望 |
[10:03] | Hello, Raymond. This is my brother-in-law, Lord Stockbridge. | 你好,雷蒙德,这是我内兄斯托布里奇老爷 |
[10:07] | Hello. I’m Morris Weissman. | 你好,我是莫里斯·怀斯曼 |
[10:08] | – Who? – Morris Weissman. | – 谁? – 莫里斯·怀斯曼 |
[10:12] | Weissman, yes. | 怀斯曼,好 |
[10:13] | You could get a seat there. | 你可以去坐下 |
[10:14] | Oh, Elsie? Elsie, this is Lord Stockbridge’s valet. | 埃尔茜,这是斯托布里奇老爷的贴身男仆 |
[10:18] | He’s new to the house, so show him around, will you? | 他初次来这里,带他四处转转好吗 |
[10:20] | You’ll be sharing with Mr. Weissman’s man. | 你与怀斯曼先生的随从同房 |
[10:23] | Has His Lordship’s luggage gone up? | 老爷的行李运上去没有? |
[10:24] | Supposedly. | 应该是 |
[10:25] | He’s in the Tapestry room, wherever that is. | 他在挂毯房,不晓得是什么地方 |
[10:28] | Oh, well, here we go again. | 哦,又来了 |
[10:31] | That’s just it. I’ve never done a house party before, not properly. | 就是,我以前从没参加过庄园聚会,没正式参加过 |
[10:34] | How come you got taken on as a countess lady’s maid if you’ve got no experience? | 你怎么会当上伯爵夫人的女侍,你又没经验? |
[10:38] | She wants to train me. She said she didn’t care about experience. | 她要训练我,她说她不在意经验 |
[10:41] | She didn’t want to pay for it, you mean. | 你是说她不想付钱让你受训吧 |
[10:46] | It’s cold in here. | 这里真冷 |
[10:47] | You should know to pack your woollies when you come to this house. | 来这里时你就该知道带上毛织衣服 |
[10:50] | Here we are. | 到了 |
[10:53] | Is everything all right, Elsie? | 一切还好吗,埃尔茜? |
[10:54] | Fine, Miss Lewis. Thanks. | 很好,露易斯小姐,谢谢 |
[10:56] | That’s your bed there. | 那边是你的床 |
[10:59] | – That good? – Yeah, that’s tasty. Very tasty. | – 好吃吗? – 不错,很好吃! |
[11:01] | I think I’ll–I shall go in the library. | 我想我…应该进图书室了 |
[11:15] | Here you are, Pip, Pip. | 吃吧,皮普 |
[11:16] | I beg your pardon, sir. I thought I’d just take the Times up with me… | 请原谅,先生,我想着把时报拿上来 |
[11:20] | in case you’d like to read it when you’re dressing. | 以备你更衣时想读报 |
[11:22] | Thank you, Probert. Look after Pip for me. | 谢谢你,普罗波特,替我照顾皮普好吗 |
[11:24] | – Of course, sir. – Good boy. | – 当然先生 – 好孩子 |
[11:26] | I have to make a telephone call to California in a couple of hours. | 几小时内我得打电话回加州 |
[11:29] | I can’t find a telephone. | 但找不到电话 |
[11:29] | Well, there’s a telephone just here on the left. | 哦,这里有电话,就在左边 |
[11:31] | Oh, wonderful. Thank you. You know, of course, I’ll reverse the charges. | 太好了,谢谢,当然我会让对方付费 |
[11:34] | Yes | 好的 |
[11:35] | There’s a new restaurant in the Strand. It’s an automatic restaurant. | 河滨路有家新餐厅,是自助餐馆 |
[11:38] | It’s open 24 hours a day. You can go in any time day or night. | 全天24小时营业,白天夜晚你都能去 |
[11:43] | So who’s the funny little American? | 那滑稽的美国小个子是谁? |
[11:45] | Morris Weissman. He’s a friend of Ivor. | 莫里斯·怀斯曼,他是艾弗的一个朋友 |
[11:47] | He makes films in Hollywood. | 他在好莱坞拍电影 |
[11:49] | Ivor asked if he could bring him along. Didn’t see why not. | 艾弗问过能不能带他来,有何不可呢 |
[11:52] | I thought he might be interested in guns and shooting. | 我想他大概对开枪射猎有兴趣 |
[11:55] | Oh, well, never mind. He adds to the glamour of the gathering. | 哦,管他呢,他为聚会增加了气氛 |
[11:58] | I didn’t expect anything half as exotic. | 我没想到会有这样子的异国情调 |
[12:00] | Oh, no, not for me. You know that I hate drinking whisky. | 哦不不,你知道我讨厌喝威士忌 |
[12:03] | Go on, drink it. Do you good. Go on. | 来,喝吧,为你好,来吧 |
[12:07] | Oh, really, Bill. You are such a bad influence. | 真是的,比尔,你这真是坏影响 |
[12:12] | Well, don’t blame me if I start misbehaving. | 我要是举止失当了可别怪我 |
[12:16] | I don’t know how impressed your husband is with our Hollywood folk. | 我都不知道你丈夫跟咱们的好莱坞老兄这么投契 |
[12:20] | Well, you know Raymond. He only feels safe with his own kind. | 你知道雷蒙德的,跟那一类人他才觉得可靠 |
[12:24] | Bill! | 比尔 |
[12:30] | I thought ladies’ maids never wore aprons. | 我以为贵妇女侍不穿围裙的 |
[12:32] | Her Ladyship used to have a French maid who wore a black one like this. | 夫人曾经有个法国女佣穿过这种,黑色的 |
[12:36] | She thinks it’s got a bit of style. | 她觉得颇有款型 |
[12:37] | I bet she does, and I bet she took it out of your wages too. | 我打赌她会,我也打赌她会从你工资里扣 |
[12:41] | She likes to have everything just so. | 她事事都爱这么干 |
[12:44] | Mmm. Don’t they all. | 他们不都是吗 |
[12:47] | – That’s him. – Who? | – 那是他! – 谁? |
[12:49] | Ivor Novello. | 艾弗·诺瓦诺 |
[12:51] | He passed us on the road today on his way here, and he spoke to me. | 今天他在路上超过我们,还跟我说话了 |
[12:55] | Well, he spoke to Her Ladyship, but I answered. | 哦,他是跟夫人说,但我回答了 |
[12:58] | I only cut it out for Garbo. | 我只迷嘉宝 瑞典籍女星 |
[13:00] | I prefer the American stars. I think they’ve got more oomph. | 我更喜欢美国明星,我觉得他们更性感 |
[13:04] | Go on! | 得了 |
[13:06] | – Is he really Sir William’s cousin? – Yep. | – 他真是威廉爵士表弟? – 是 |
[13:09] | Imagine having a film star in the family. Lady Sylvia must be thrilled. | 想想看家里出个电影明星,西尔维娅夫人一定很激动 |
[13:13] | Oh, I don’t think. | 我看未必 |
[13:15] | Why wouldn’t she be? | 她为何不会? |
[13:17] | ‘Cause she’s a snobbish cow. ‘Cause she– | 因为她是头势利的母牛,因为她… |
[13:19] | She looks down on anyone who got to the top with brains and hard work. | 她瞧不起靠自己的头脑和劳动出头的人 |
[13:22] | Just like she looks down on her husband | 就像她瞧不起自己的丈夫 |
[13:24] | except when it’s time to foot the bills. And then she’s got her hand out, all right. | 除了付账的时候,那时她就俩手一摊 |
[13:27] | What was her family, then? | 那她娘家怎么样? |
[13:29] | What’d you expect, really? | 还能怎么样? |
[13:31] | Toffee-nosed and useless. | 马屎表面光 |
[13:33] | Her father was the Earl of Carton. | 她父亲是卡顿伯爵 |
[13:35] | Sounds good, except he didn’t have a pot to piss in. | 听着不错,其实连个尿壶都没有 |
[13:38] | What’s she like to work for? | 她好侍候吗? |
[13:39] | She’s horrible. But he’s– | 她难弄得很,但他… |
[13:43] | He’s okay. Come on. We better get cracking. | 他还好,来吧,咱们还是工作吧 |
[13:49] | – Hello, I’m Ivor. – I know who you are. | – 你好,我是艾弗 – 我知道你是谁 |
[13:51] | Mabel Nesbitt. | 我叫梅布尔·内斯比特 |
[13:53] | Hello, Mabel. | 你好,梅布尔 |
[13:55] | – How are you? – Very well, thank you. | – 你好吗? – 很好,谢谢 |
[14:00] | Oh! I don’t smoke. Thank you. | 我不会抽烟,谢谢 |
[14:03] | Mrs. Nesbitt’s only got one dress with her. | 内斯比特太太只带了一套衣服来 |
[14:05] | Says her husband rushed her when she was packing. | 说收拾行李时她丈夫催得太急 |
[14:07] | Do you always look after visitors if they haven’t got a maid? | 没有女佣的访客总是你来照顾吗? |
[14:10] | Sometimes Dorothy helps… | 有时多萝西帮手 |
[14:11] | though why Mrs. Wilson makes the still room maid do it beats me. | 不过威尔逊太太为何让一个茶点房女佣来做,我想不通 |
[14:14] | I think she only does it to annoy Mrs. Croft. | 我想她就是为了气克罗福特太太 |
[14:16] | Which one does Dorothy answer to? | 多萝西应该听谁的? |
[14:18] | Both. That’s the problem. | 都得听,问题就在这 |
[14:20] | – She’s rushed off her feet as it is. Are you nearly done there? – Yes. | – 弄得她手忙脚乱 你快做好了吗? – 是的 |
[14:24] | Here she is– Miss Bossy. | 就是她,管闲事小姐 |
[14:25] | Tell me, what was Greta Garbo really like? | 告诉我,葛丽泰·嘉宝人真人如何? |
[14:28] | – Did you get to know her? – Yes, I did, actually. | – 你认识她吗? – 认识,我还真认识 |
[14:32] | She’s coming to stay with me next month. | 她下个月会来探我 |
[14:37] | Tell me, how much longer are you going to go on… making films? | 告诉我,你还准备做多久…拍电影? |
[14:41] | I suppose that rather depends on how much longer the public want to see me in them. | 我想这更多取决于大众,还准备看多久我的电影 |
[14:46] | Yes, it must be hard to know when it’s time to throw in the towel. | 是啊,想知道何时该举手认输一定很难 |
[14:50] | What a pity about that last one of yours. | 你上一部戏太可惜了 |
[14:54] | What-What was it called? – The Dodger. | 叫什么来着?《瞒客》? |
[14:59] | The Lodger. | 《房客》 |
[15:01] | The Lodger. | 《房客》 |
[15:04] | And it must be so disappointing when something just, you know, flops like that. | 你一定很失望事情搞到这么…失败 |
[15:10] | Yes, it is rather disappointing. | 是的,是相当失望 |
[15:13] | Look at this. Machine-made lace. | 看这个,机织的花边 |
[15:17] | Hark at her. | 听听这口气 |
[15:18] | Well, I hate cheap clothes. They’re twice the work, and they never look as good. | 我讨厌廉价衣服,得花两倍工夫打理,还总是不好看 |
[15:22] | I’ll murder that dog one day. Look at that. All over his waistcoat. | 我迟早杀了那只狗!看看,他的背心上全是 |
[15:26] | What do you expect from a woman without her own maid? | 连女佣都没有的女人,你还有什么指望? |
[15:29] | Lady Lavinia says a woman who travels with no maid has lost her self-respect. | 拉维妮娅夫人说过,女人出门没女仆就是丧失自尊 |
[15:34] | She calls it “giving in.” | 她称之为“失守” |
[15:35] | I don’t have a maid. I haven’t given in. | 我没女佣,却没有“失守” |
[15:38] | – That’s different. – Why? | – 那不一样 – 为什么? |
[15:40] | – What’s your name? – Yeah, why is it different, Sara? | – 你叫什么? – 为什么不一样,莎拉? |
[15:42] | I think here I’m called Trentham. | 我想我在这里应该叫特伦萨姆 |
[15:44] | No, I meant your real name. | 不,我是说你的真名 |
[15:47] | Oh. Mary. Mary Maceachran. | 梅丽,梅丽·麦基伦 |
[15:51] | Blimey. What does Her Ladyship call you? | 啊呀,夫人叫你什么? |
[15:54] | Well, she should call me Maceachran, now I’m a lady’s maid. | 嗯,她本该叫我麦基伦,因为我现在是夫人女侍 |
[15:57] | That’s what my mother says. | 我妈妈就是这么说的 |
[15:58] | But Her Ladyship can’t pronounce it, so she calls me Mary. | 可夫人念不好这个音,所以就叫我梅丽 |
[16:03] | I don’t blame her. | 我倒不怪她 |
[16:06] | Sylvia. | 西尔维娅 |
[16:11] | I’m serious. There mustn’t be anymore nonsense. | 我是认真的,别再胡说八道了 |
[16:13] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你说什么 |
[16:19] | Done much shooting this year? | 今年打了很多次打猎? |
[16:21] | Quite a lot. | 挺多的 |
[16:23] | – Hello. – Does Louisa always go out with you? | – 你好 – 露易莎总是陪你去? |
[16:27] | Usually. | 通常是 |
[16:28] | It’s very good of her. | 她真好 |
[16:29] | Do you have a minute? | 有时间谈一会吗? |
[16:30] | Don’t do that! That’s bad for him! | 别喂它,对它不好 |
[16:32] | Put him down. | 放下它 |
[16:35] | Yeah. Bores me stiff. | 是啊,无聊死我了 |
[16:37] | – All right, Pip. – I just wondered– | – 好了,皮普 – 我只是想… |
[16:39] | William’s such a rotten shot. | 威廉是个烂酒鬼 |
[16:41] | I usually try and duck out of it, particularly in Scotland. | 我总是尽量避开,特别是去苏格兰 |
[16:44] | I ‘m rather fond of Scotland. | 我蛮喜欢苏格兰的 |
[16:47] | All right, get on with your work. Yes? | 好了,快干活…什么事? |
[16:50] | Ah, Mr. Weissman. There you are. | 怀斯曼先生,你在这儿啊 |
[16:51] | I’m dealing with this. | 我来处理 |
[16:53] | What is it, Mr. Weissman? | 什么事,怀斯曼先生? |
[16:54] | Well, to start with, my name is Denton. Henry Denton. | 首先,我姓丹顿,亨利·丹顿 |
[16:59] | You’re here as valet to Mr. Weissman. | 你是怀斯曼先生的随从 |
[17:00] | That means you’ll be known as Mr. Weissman below stairs for the duration of your stay. | 就是说你在此期间,在楼下就叫怀斯曼先生 |
[17:04] | We stick to the old customs here. It saves confusion. | 我们这里坚持老习惯,省得乱套 |
[17:08] | It’s about Mr. Weissman’s diet. | 是怀斯曼先生的饮食 |
[17:10] | – Yes? – Yes? | – 怎么? – 怎么? |
[17:13] | He’s a vegetarian. | 他是素食者 |
[17:14] | – A what? – A vegetarian. | – 什么? – 素食者 |
[17:17] | He doesn’t eat meat. | 他不吃肉 |
[17:18] | He eats fish, but not meat. | 他吃鱼,但不吃肉 |
[17:22] | Well, I never! | 没听说过 |
[17:24] | Doesn’t eat meat? | 不吃肉? |
[17:26] | He’s coming for a shooting party, and he doesn’t eat meat. | 他来参加狩猎会,但他不吃肉! |
[17:28] | Mr. Weissman doesn’t intend to shoot. | 怀斯曼先生没打算射猎 |
[17:31] | I think he just wants to walk out with them, get a bit of air. | 我想他只想跟他们出去走走,呼吸点空气 |
[17:35] | Get a bit of air? | 呼吸点空气?! |
[17:36] | Yes, thank you. We’ll make the necessary arrangements. | 好的,谢谢通知,我们会做必要的安排 |
[17:39] | Now I suggest you get one of the servants to take you upstairs. | 现在我建议你找个仆人带你上楼 |
[17:42] | Mr. Weissman is in the Green bedroom, and you’ll be sharing with Lord Stockbridge’s valet– | 怀斯曼先生住绿室,你和斯托布里奇老爷的随从同屋…… |
[17:46] | Robert Parks. | 罗伯特·帕克斯 |
[17:55] | He’s very full of himself, I must say. “Doesn’t eat meat.” | 我得说,他真是自大,“不吃肉” |
[17:59] | Now, now, Mrs. Croft. We don’t want to be thought unsophisticated, do we? | 克罗福特太太,不能让人家说我们不懂事,对吧? |
[18:02] | Mr. Weissman’s an American. They do things differently there. | 怀斯曼先生是美国人,他们那儿做事不一样 |
[18:09] | Good boy, now. Give Louisa a kiss from me. | 乖孩子,来,替我吻露易莎 |
[18:11] | Darling, I’m sorry about that. | 亲爱的,真对不起 |
[18:12] | I should have made it clear that Morris just doesn’t shoot. | 我本该说清楚莫里斯不打猎 |
[18:15] | Don’t worry. William’s just making a fuss. He has this ridiculous idea… | 别担心,威廉只是犯傻,他有个荒谬的念头… |
[18:18] | that Americans all sleep with guns under their pillows. | 美国人都在枕头下放着枪睡觉 |
[18:20] | They do, but they’re more for each other than for killing birds. | 确实是,但他们互相射杀多过射鸟 |
[18:24] | Remind me. How are you related to William exactly? | 提示我一下,你和威廉是什么关系? |
[18:28] | Our mothers were first cousins. | 我们的母亲是表姐妹 |
[18:31] | Don’t believe I ever met William’s mother. | 我觉得我似乎没见过威廉的母亲 |
[18:33] | Didn’t she do something rather original? | 她以前做的工作不是很特别吗? |
[18:37] | Well, she was a teacher. | 她曾是教师 |
[18:39] | And so was mine. | 我妈妈也是 |
[18:42] | That’s marvellous, isn’t it? | 真是了不起,不是吗? |
[18:43] | Sylvia is so clever. She always finds such wonderful servants. | 西尔维娅很聪明,她总能找到能干的佣人 |
[18:48] | I don’t know how she manages. | 不知道她怎么弄的 |
[18:50] | I’m breaking in a new maid. I’m simply worn out with it. | 我在试用一个新女仆,简直筋疲力倦 |
[18:54] | Actually, there’s nothing more exhausting, is there? | 说真的,再没有更让人累心的事了,对吧? |
[18:57] | I don’t have a lady’s maid. | 我…没有女侍 |
[19:00] | Oh. Hello. | 哦,你好 |
[19:01] | I was just telling dear Mabel here about my new maid. | 我刚刚和亲爱的梅布尔说起我的新女佣 |
[19:03] | – Darling, if you have a moment? – Oh, right. | – 亲爱的,有空吗 – 哦,有 |
[19:04] | Honestly, the amount I have to do for her, she should be paying me. | 老实说,我为她做了那么多,她该付我酬劳才对 |
[19:08] | She does seem rather young. | 她看着的确相当年轻 |
[19:10] | Well, of course, what she is, my dear, is wonderfully cheap. | 当然了,她呢,亲爱的,是便宜到了极点 |
[19:13] | Wait. You’ve no right to pull me away in mid-conversation. | 等等,你没权利把我从谈话中拉走 |
[19:15] | Mabel, where are you going? The room’s this way. | 梅布尔,你去哪里?房间在这边 |
[19:18] | Why the hell did you have to mention you don’t have a maid? | 你干嘛非得提你没有女佣的事? |
[19:20] | – I don’t think it… – Why would you mention you didn’t have a maid, for God’s sake? | – 我认为不会… – 你为何要说你没女佣,老天在上? |
[19:35] | You’d find it a lot easier to clean them if you put the trees in first. | 你会发现先把鞋撑放进去会更容易擦 |
[19:38] | I was just about to do that. | 我正打算这样做 |
[19:42] | – Are these Mr. Novello’s shoes? – Yes. | – 是诺瓦诺先生的鞋吗? – 是 |
[19:52] | I think she’s got her sight on some young man in the village | 我想她看中了村里的一个小伙子 |
[19:55] | – Do you really live in Hollywood? – I do. | – 你真的住在好莱坞? – 是的 |
[19:58] | Hmm. How did you get there? Where did you start from? | 你怎么去的那边?你是从哪儿去的? |
[20:01] | Where else do you think? Scotland. | 还能是哪儿?苏格兰 |
[20:04] | Were you always in service? | 你一直做服务行? |
[20:06] | Did you ever think of trying to get into films while you were there? | 你在那边有没想过入电影行? |
[20:09] | I wanted to be an actor once…when I was little. | 我曾想过当演员……那时我还小 |
[20:14] | I suppose old Mother Trentham… | 我看特伦萨姆老太… |
[20:17] | will have her begging bowl out while she’s here. | 这回怕是要伸手讨钱了 |
[20:20] | She won’t be bothering your employers, that’s certain. | 她不会去烦你们雇主的,这是肯定的 |
[20:23] | Why not? | 为何不会? |
[20:24] | Because Lady Lavinia Meredith hasn’t got a penny to bless herself with. | 因为拉维妮娅·梅尔蒂斯夫人无分文傍身 |
[20:26] | And whose fault is that? | 而这是谁的错呢? |
[20:28] | There’s nothing wrong with the commander. | 中校没做错什么 |
[20:30] | He’s just been a bit unfortunate. | 他只是有点不走运 |
[20:32] | I’ll say. I think he’s pathetic. | 我觉得也是,我看他挺悲惨 |
[20:35] | Then why don’t you hand in your notice? | 那你干嘛不把你的观察呈交上去? |
[20:38] | Well, the other two sisters fell on their feet. | 另外两个姐妹倒是各安其所 |
[20:40] | Of course, it helps that they’re both good-looking. | 当然,她俩都好看,这有帮助 |
[20:42] | – Lady Sylvia’s lovely. – You think so? | – 西尔维娅女士挺可爱 – 你这么看啊? |
[20:46] | She might have done a bit better for herself, really. | 其实她本可以有更好归宿 |
[20:47] | I beg your pardon. Lord Carton was determined to have Sir William for either of the two eldest. | 对不起,那时是卡顿老爷决定让威廉爵士娶两个大女儿中的一个 |
[20:51] | I was told he could have had his pick. | 我听说他本来可以选的 |
[20:53] | – Why was Lord Carton so keen? – Why do you think? | – 卡顿老爷干嘛这么热心? – 你认为呢? |
[20:56] | Who do you suppose pays for him to swan around Biarritz for six months of the year? | 他一年去比亚利茨 法国城市 闲逛6个月,谁来出这笔钱? |
[21:00] | Come to that, who keeps Ma Trentham in stockings and gin? | 说到这,特伦萨姆老太的长袜和琴酒又是谁供应? |
[21:04] | Old money bags, that’s who. | 老钱袋子嘛,就是他 |
[21:06] | I think it’s disgusting the way they all use him. | 我觉得他们这么利用他真是恶心 |
[21:08] | None of the rest of them have got the brains to make the price of a packet of tea. | 他们其他人没一个有头脑,一包茶的价格都不知道 |
[21:11] | Are you finished, Elsie? | 做好了吗,埃尔茜? |
[21:13] | Yes, Mrs. Wilson. I’ve just got this hem to do. | 好了,威尔逊太太,就剩一点了 |
[21:15] | What’s Lord Stockbridge like? | 斯托布里奇老爷人怎样? |
[21:17] | He thinks he’s God Almighty. | 他认为自己是全能的主 |
[21:20] | They all do. | 他们都这样 |
[21:38] | Why does this fork go on the right? | 为何这把餐叉摆右边? |
[21:42] | Because they eat the fish with two of them. One in each hand. | 因为他们吃鱼两把都用,一手一把 |
[21:46] | Why is that, then? | 那是为什么? |
[21:49] | Search me. | 问倒我了 |
[21:50] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么? |
[21:52] | Just looking around. | 随便看看 |
[21:54] | Mr. Jennings will be up in a minute. | 詹宁斯先生快来了 |
[21:56] | If I were you, I’d go and look around somewhere else. | 我要是你就到别处看 |
[21:59] | – Is that what you’d do? – That’s exactly what I would do. | – 你会这样? – 我当然会 |
[22:02] | Then that’s what I’ll do. | 那么我就学你吧 |
[22:07] | Something funny about that bloke. | 那小子有些怪 |
[22:08] | His accent for a start. What do you think his game is? | 首先口音就怪,你觉得他想搞什么? |
[22:11] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:12] | Are you finished? | 你们做完了吗? |
[22:14] | What about Lord Rupert Standish and Mr. Blond? | 鲁伯特·斯坦迪许勋爵和布朗德先生怎么办? |
[22:17] | Her Ladyship said not to wait for them. | 夫人说,不用等他们 |
[22:20] | The stuff’s all ready if they turn up on time. We can stick on two extra places in a jiffy. | 东西都备好了,要是他们及时赶到,我们马上能添两个位置 |
[22:24] | When they arrive, you’ll be dressing Mr.Blond, Arthur. | 等他们到了,你帮布朗德先生换装,亚瑟 |
[22:28] | – Mr. Blond? – Yes, Mr. Blond. | – 布朗德先生? – 对,布朗德先生 |
[22:30] | George, you’ll have Lord Rupert. | 乔治,你负责鲁伯特勋爵 |
[22:33] | If they’re very late, they can change by themselves, | 要是他们太晚,他们可以自己换 |
[22:35] | and you can tidy up when they’re downstairs. | 等他们下楼后你们可以去整理 |
[22:37] | Is Mr. Nesbitt settled? | 内斯比特先生收拾好了吗? |
[22:39] | I’ll go and finish him off now, sir. | 我这就去帮他,先生 |
[22:41] | And Mr. Novello? | 还有诺瓦诺先生呢? |
[22:44] | Mr. Weissman’s man will attend to him. | 怀斯曼先生随从会照料他 |
[22:47] | Right. | 好了 |
[22:49] | After you’re finished, join me in the drawing room with the drinks. | 你们弄完后,来会客厅跟我负责酒水 |
[22:56] | What’s the matter with you? | 你怎么了? |
[22:57] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[23:00] | Only I thought I’d be doing Mr. Novello, that’s all. | 我只是以为,我会侍候诺瓦诺先生 |
[23:03] | Now you won’t get to see him in his under drawers. | 这下你没机会看他穿内衣了 |
[23:05] | Never mind. Better luck next time. | 没事,祝你下次好运 |
[23:12] | They’re rather a mixed bunch. | 这帮人龙蛇混杂 |
[23:14] | That Mr. Weissman’s very odd. | 那个怀斯曼先生很古怪 |
[23:16] | Apparently, he produces motion pictures. The Charlie Chan mysteries. | 看来,他是制作电影的,《陈查理》之谜系列 |
[23:21] | Or does he direct them? I never know the difference. | 或者他是导演?我从来搞不清这区别 |
[23:25] | Really? I enjoy those, milady. | 真的?我很喜欢那些电影,夫人 |
[23:28] | Ye– Mary. | 来,梅丽 |
[23:30] | I suppose it’s fun having a film star staying. | 我想有个电影明星在也好 |
[23:32] | There’s always so little to talk about after the first flush of recognition. | 开头一阵互相介绍后,总是少有话题可谈 |
[23:38] | And why has Freddie Nesbitt brought that awful, common little wife of his? | 还有,弗雷迪·内斯比特带他那可怕又普通的小妻子来干嘛? |
[23:43] | I mean, Isobel only asked him because a gun dropped out. | 我说,伊莎贝尔请他只因为有人退出了 |
[23:45] | That’s no excuse to inflict her on us all. | 带她来让我们大家受罪毫无道理 |
[23:48] | Mary! | 梅丽 |
[23:51] | So what’s the gossip in the servants’ hall? | 仆人房里有何八卦消息? |
[23:55] | Um, nothing, milady. | 没什么,夫人 |
[23:57] | Nonsense. Come on. Out with it. | 胡说,快说出来吧 |
[24:01] | Well, is it true that Sir William could have married Lady Stockbridge? | 是不是真的,威廉爵士本可以娶斯托布里奇夫人? |
[24:05] | if he’d wanted to | 只要他当时愿意 |
[24:08] | Is that what they’re saying? | 他们是这么说的? |
[24:10] | Only that Lord Carton was after Sir William for one of them, | 只是说卡顿老爷让威廉爵士娶其中一个 |
[24:14] | but he didn’t care which. | 但他不在意娶哪个 |
[24:16] | What would you say if I told you… | 怎么说呢,要是我告诉你… |
[24:20] | they cut cards for him? | 她们打牌决定的 |
[24:24] | William, Lewis said you wanted me. | 威廉,露易斯说你找我 |
[24:25] | Who’s next to me at dinner? | 晚餐谁坐我旁边? |
[24:27] | Oh, you know. Aunt Constance and Lavinia. | 哦,你知道的,康斯坦丝姑姑和拉维妮娅 |
[24:29] | Why do I have to have that bloody old trout all the time? I want Louisa. | 我怎么总是得陪那可怕的老鲑鱼?我要露易莎 |
[24:33] | Do I have to explain the table of precedence again? | 我要不要再解释下餐桌优先顺序? |
[24:36] | I don’t give a shit about precedence. | 我才不管什么狗屎优先呢! |
[24:37] | Well, you always complain that people look down on you, and then you behave like a peasant. | 你老是抱怨别人看不起你,而你的举止就像个乡巴佬! |
[24:41] | Now, tomorrow morning, I’ll– | 明天早上,我要… |
[24:43] | I’ll breakfast in bed, | 我要在床上吃早餐 |
[24:46] | and then get straight up into the tweeds. | 然后直接穿粗花呢起床 |
[24:49] | What shirt have you brought? | 你带了哪件衬衣? |
[24:51] | Um, the green with the pink stripe. | 绿色带粉条纹的那件 |
[24:53] | Oh, no, dear. No. That’s quite wrong. | 哦,不不,亲,错完了 |
[24:56] | No, always something very plain for country sports. | 不,乡间娱乐永远要非常朴素的 |
[24:59] | The one I had on today will do. | 我今天穿的那件就好了 |
[25:02] | – But it’s soiled. – Yeah, well, you can wash it, can’t you? | – 可是它脏了 – 对,你可以洗,不是吗? |
[25:08] | God. I hate shooting. | 天,我讨厌打猎 |
[25:12] | Why does one have to do these things? | 人干嘛得做这种事? |
[25:15] | – Has Constance asked for money yet? – No. | – 康斯坦丝要钱了没? – 没有 |
[25:18] | Raymond tells me she’s been complaining that her allowance isn’t big enough. | 雷蒙德告诉我,她在抱怨津贴不够多 |
[25:22] | Good mind to stop it completely. | 最好是完全不给她 |
[25:25] | I thought it was for her lifetime. | 我记得是要终生供养她的 |
[25:27] | No, no. | 哈,不不! |
[25:32] | Will that be all, sir? | 就这些吩咐吗,爵士? |
[25:34] | I do wish that Anthony wasn’t here. | 我真心希望那个安东尼不在这里 |
[25:37] | Make sure I’m not left alone with him, will you? | 要保证我不和他单独相处 |
[25:38] | – Why? – I’m pulling out of his scheme. | – 为什么? – 我要退出他的生意 |
[25:43] | – Oh. Have you told him? – No, and I’m not going to either. | – 你告诉他了? – 没,我也不准备告诉他 |
[25:46] | Louisa said I should leave it till next week. | 露易莎说我应该等下周再说 |
[25:49] | Let him sob in private. | 让他偷偷哭去 |
[25:51] | Go. Say hello to your mommy. Go on. | 去,跟妈妈问好,去吧 |
[25:54] | Far be it from me to contradict Louisa. | 我不敢违背露易莎的圣旨 |
[25:59] | Will there be anything else? | 还有事吗,先生? |
[26:00] | -Just get Pip. He might fall down the stairs. – Oh, where does he go? | – 照顾皮普,他可能跌下楼 – 哦,它上哪儿去了 |
[26:03] | Hey, hey, come here. Come here. | 喂喂,过来过来 |
[26:05] | Thank you, Elsie. You keep hold of him. | 谢谢你埃尔茜,你抱好它 |
[26:08] | Is everything all right? | 一切可好? |
[26:09] | Cheap dress, wrong shoes. | 衣服不好,鞋子不对 |
[26:11] | I’m making bricks without straw, Mr. Probert, really. | 我是在勉为其难,普罗波特先生,真的 |
[26:14] | – You don’t have any spare hairpins, do you? – Yeah. | – 你有没有多余的发卡? – 有 |
[26:16] | El, I’m trying to get back to the room for a second, and I can’t find it. | 埃尔,我想回房间,但找不到路 |
[26:20] | – It’s the staircase at the end of the corridor. – Oh, thank you. | – 在走廊尽头的楼梯间 – 哦,谢谢 |
[26:24] | Oh, Pip. Oh, thank you, Elsie. | 哦,皮普,谢谢你,埃尔茜 |
[26:27] | Thank you. Oh! You’ve got some hair on your dress. | 谢谢,哦,你身上沾了毛毛 |
[26:29] | – Thank you, sir. – Yes. | – 谢谢先生 – 嗯 |
[26:41] | Shut up, Mabel! There is nothing going on between me and Isobel. | 闭嘴梅布尔,我和伊莎贝尔什么事都没有 |
[26:44] | Can’t you just tell me the truth? You’re a liar, Freddie. – There’s nothing going on between me an Isobel. | – 你就不能跟我说实话吗?你这骗子,弗雷迪! – 我和伊莎贝尔什么事都没有 |
[26:46] | – There is nothing– – You are a liar! | – 什么事都没有… – 你这骗子 |
[26:48] | Don’t you call me a liar! | 别叫我骗子! |
[26:55] | I found some pins, madam, from Lady Trentham’s maid. | 我从特伦萨姆夫人的女侍那儿找了几只发卡,夫人 |
[26:58] | Right. | 好 |
[27:01] | We’re supposed to be downstairs already. | 我们早该下楼了 |
[27:03] | Well, you go on. | 你先去 |
[27:05] | I’ll be down in a minute. | 我一会儿就下去 |
[27:14] | Try and make her look respectable. | 尽量把她扮体面些 |
[27:22] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[27:29] | Well… there’s no harm in trying. | 试一下无妨 |
[27:39] | Well, thank you very much, Mr. Jennings. | 多谢你了,詹宁斯先生 |
[27:41] | Just Jennings, sir. | 叫詹宁斯就行,先生 |
[27:42] | All right. Just Jennings. | 好,就叫詹宁斯 |
[27:46] | Oh, by the way, I’ve booked a telephone call to California, | 对了,我预定了打给加州的电话 |
[27:50] | and I’d appreciate it if you would get me as soon as it comes through. | 务必请你接通了就告诉我 |
[27:53] | – Very good, sir. – Thank you, Jennings. | – 好的,先生 – 谢谢你,詹宁斯 |
[28:04] | You’re not gonna provide entertainment? | 你不为我们提供娱乐? |
[28:06] | – Jennings, can I have one of those martinis. – Yes, madam. | – 詹宁斯,我可以来杯马丁尼吗? – 是,太太 |
[28:09] | That’s how you got your invitation. | 不会白白请你来 |
[28:14] | Oh, no, don’t get up. Please, go on. | 不,别起身,请继续 |
[28:16] | – You look lovely in that dress, if I may say so. – Thank you. | – 请允许我说,你穿这衣服很好看 – 谢谢你 |
[28:19] | What is it? I don’t recognise it. | 是什么歌?我没听出来 |
[28:22] | A little something I’m working on. | 是我新谱的东西 |
[28:25] | I can’t imagine how one ever goes about inventing a tune. | 我无法想像人是如何谱曲子的 |
[28:29] | Where do you start? | 怎样开始? |
[28:31] | It’s rather difficult to say. | 很难说清楚 |
[28:35] | Well, I think you’re too clever for words. | 我觉得你的聪明不言而喻 |
[28:36] | – Good evening. – Hello. | – 晚上好 – 你好 |
[28:38] | – Lovely dress. – Thank you. | – 衣服很美 – 谢谢 |
[28:47] | How do you manage to put up with these people? | 你是用什么办法忍受这些人的? |
[28:51] | Well, you forget I earn my living by impersonating them. | 你忘了,我靠模仿他们维持生活 |
[29:00] | Can I help you? | 有何效劳之处? |
[29:03] | You know, I really enjoy the way you do things, Mr. Jennings. | 知道吗,我真的欣赏你的工作方式,詹宁斯先生 |
[29:08] | I beg your pardon? | 再说一遍? |
[29:11] | – What is it, Henry? – Nothing. | – 什么事,亨利? – 没什么 |
[29:14] | I just wanted to be sure you had everything you need, sir. | 我不过想确定你一切合意,先生 |
[29:18] | Yes, I do. Thank you. | 我很好,谢谢你 |
[29:23] | It’s wonderful to find a servant these days who really shows an interest, don’t you think? | 如今能找到一名真正关心你的随从真是太好了,你说呢? |
[29:27] | Sir. | 先生 |
[29:28] | He’s been sacked from his bank. | 他被银行开除了 |
[29:39] | Come on, girls. Sit down. Tuck in. We’ve got 20 minutes. | 快点姑娘们,坐下,赶紧吃,我们有20分钟时间 |
[29:43] | It’s pudding, pudding again? | 布丁,又是布丁? |
[29:51] | Shuffle along. Here he comes. | 拖着脚步,他来了 |
[29:55] | Everything satisfactory, Mr. Jennings? | 一切可满意,詹宁斯先生? |
[29:57] | Yes, thank you, Dorothy. | 是的,谢谢多萝西 |
[29:58] | They have their drinks. I think we can all take our leisure for half an hour or so. | 他们在喝酒,我觉得我们可以有大约半小时的空闲 |
[30:03] | What’s this? | 什么意思? |
[30:04] | I believe this is my place, Mr. Jennings. | 我想这是我座位,詹宁斯先生 |
[30:07] | And since when did a baroness outrank a countess? | 几时男爵夫人高过了伯爵夫人? |
[30:11] | Miss Trentham, would you take the place of honour, please? | 特伦萨姆小姐,请上座 |
[30:15] | Miss Trentham? | 特伦萨姆小姐? |
[30:17] | I’m all right here, Mr. Jennings. Thank you. | 我在这里就好,詹宁斯先生,谢谢你 |
[30:19] | Go on. Don’t keep him waiting. | 快点,别让他等着 |
[30:24] | Ah, Miss Meredith. | 啊,梅尔蒂斯小姐 |
[30:26] | Would you come and sit on my left? | 你能坐我左边吗? |
[30:28] | Naturally, I’m nothing when there are visitors in the house. | 应该的,庄园里一有宾客,我就不算什么了 |
[30:31] | Never mind. I’m used to it. | 没关系,我习惯了 |
[30:32] | – Good evening, Mrs. Wilson. – Good evening. | – 晚上好,威尔逊太太 – 晚上好 |
[30:38] | For what we are about to receive, | 为我等将受之赐 |
[30:40] | may the Lord make us truly grateful. | 愿主令我等诚谢 |
[30:41] | Right. Start when you get it. | 好了,拿到就吃 |
[30:44] | No time for loitering. | 没时间闲晃 |
[30:49] | I’m not serving tonight, Mr. Jennings, am I? | 我今晚不必值班,詹宁斯先生,对吗? |
[30:52] | Not tonight, Elsie, but probably tomorrow. | 今晚不必,埃尔茜,但明天可能要 |
[30:55] | Where is Mrs. Croft? | 克罗福特太太呢? |
[30:58] | Always eats with her own staff. | 总是和她的手下一齐吃 |
[31:00] | Does she take her pudding to Mrs. Wilson’s room? Our cook does that. | 她会不会把她的布丁送去威尔逊太太房间?我们的厨子会这么做 |
[31:03] | Fat chance. They hate each other. | 希望不大!她俩互相讨厌 |
[31:06] | Can I ask a question? | 我可否问个问题? |
[31:08] | Certainly, Mr. Weissman. How can we help you? | 当然,怀斯曼先生,我们有何效劳处? |
[31:12] | I just wondered, how many people here had parents in service? | 我只是好奇,这里有多少人的父母做服务的? |
[31:16] | And was that why they chose to go into it? | 他们是否因此而选择做这个? |
[31:19] | What an interesting question, and one to which, I’m afraid, I cannot provide the answer. | 多有趣的问题,对此我恐怕不能提供答案 |
[31:24] | All of you whose parents were in service, raise your hand. | 你们大家,父母做服务的举手 |
[31:29] | – My father was. – Both– nanny and groom. | – 我父亲是 – 都是 保姆和马夫 |
[31:32] | Not you, Dorothy? | 你家不是吗,多萝西? |
[31:33] | My father was a farmer, Mr. Jennings. A tenant of Lord Carton’s. | 先父是农夫,詹宁斯先生,卡顿老爷的佃户 |
[31:37] | – Mr. Meredith? – Factory hands, both of them. | – 梅尔蒂斯先生? – 工厂工人,俩人都是 |
[31:40] | And if you ask me, they were better off. | 要是你问我的话,他们生活更好些 |
[31:43] | What about you, Mr. Stockbridge? | 你呢,斯托布里奇先生? |
[31:47] | What’s the matter? Don’t you know? | 怎么?你不知道吗? |
[31:49] | Yeah, I know what they did. | 我知道他们的工作 |
[31:51] | But it didn’t have any effect on me or my choice of work. | 但那对我,或我选择的工作没有影响 |
[31:55] | – And why’s that? – Because I grew up in an orphanage. | – 那是为什么呢? – 因为我在孤儿院长大 |
[32:04] | Thank you, Mr. Weissman, | 谢谢,怀斯曼先生 |
[32:06] | for giving us all a little something to think about. | 给了我们大家机会来思考一点事 |
[32:23] | Oh, Her Ladyship. | 夫人来了 |
[32:27] | Oh, I’m so sorry to disturb you. | 很抱歉打扰你们 |
[32:29] | Please, do sit down and finish your supper. | 请坐下吃完晚饭 |
[32:31] | Mrs. Wilson, a major crisis has arisen. | 威尔逊太太,出了大危机 |
[32:33] | I have just found out that Mr. Weissman won’t eat meat | 我刚发现怀斯曼先生不吃肉 |
[32:36] | and I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[32:37] | I can’t tell Mrs. Croft. I simply don’t dare. | 我不能告诉克罗福特太太,我就是不敢 |
[32:39] | Everything’s under control, Your Ladyship. | 事情都妥了,夫人 |
[32:41] | Mr. Weissman’s valet informed us as soon as he arrived, | 怀斯曼先生的随从刚来就通知我们了 |
[32:44] | so we’ve prepared a special version of the soup. | 所以我们准备了特别的汤款 |
[32:46] | He can eat the fish and the hors d’oeuvres, | 他可以吃鱼和餐前点心 |
[32:48] | and we’ll have a Welsh rarebit for the game course. | 而且我们还有威尔士干酪兔这道菜 |
[32:51] | I don’t know what we’re going to do about the entree, but we’ll think of something. | 我还不知道主菜怎么办,但我们会有办法的 |
[32:53] | Thank you, Mrs. Wilson. Ten steps ahead as usual. | 谢谢威尔逊太太,一如既往地走在前面 |
[32:57] | Which one of you is Mr. Weissman’s valet? | 你们哪一位是怀斯曼先生随从? |
[33:00] | I am, Your Ladyship. | 是我,夫人 |
[33:04] | Are you, indeed? Yes, heavens. | 是你,真的?天 |
[33:07] | Um, thank you for your…efficiency. | 谢谢你的……效率 |
[33:16] | You’re all set, then. | 这下你都妥了 |
[33:18] | – Yes, George? – Nothing, sir. | – 什么,乔治? – 没什么,先生 |
[33:21] | I should hope not. | 没有最好 |
[33:23] | I’m very hungry. | 我太饿了 |
[33:38] | I was wondering, William, if I could have a word with you alone after dinner. | 我在想,威廉,饭后我可否跟你单独谈谈 |
[33:43] | I can’t leave my guests, can I? | 我不能离开我的客人,对吧? |
[33:47] | You’ll make that dog sick. | 你会弄得那狗生病的 |
[33:49] | Isobel, did you know that William and I are going into business together in the Sudan? | 伊莎贝尔,你知道威廉和我要在苏丹做生意吗? |
[33:53] | – No, I didn’t know that. – It’s quite exciting. | – 不,我不知道 – 很令人兴奋 |
[33:56] | What’s happened is apparently, there are hundreds and hundreds of Sudanese native soldiers, | 情况很明显,那里有数以百计的苏丹本地士兵 |
[34:00] | entire regiments wandering around the desert, | 整队整队在沙漠活动 |
[34:03] | willy-nilly, without any thing on their feet, | 乱七八糟的,脚上什么都没穿 |
[34:06] | which causes some hardship, I imagine. | 这就带来了一些困难,我琢磨 |
[34:08] | No, I grew up in Leicester. | 不,我在莱斯特长大 |
[34:11] | – My father had a glove factory. – Really? | – 我父亲有一家手套厂 – 真的吗? |
[34:14] | One thing I do know is how a glove should fit. | 我有把握的一点就是,手套应该合手 |
[34:18] | Really, darling. You’re boring poor Mr. Novello to death. | 说真的,亲爱的,你闷死可怜的诺瓦诺先生了 |
[34:23] | No! | 没有 |
[34:24] | I think he’s going to explain everything to me and kind of show me how it all works. | 我想他正要跟我解释细节,而且要跟我展示如何操作 |
[34:28] | There’s gonna be a pheasant hunt in my picture. | 我的片子里会有场猎山鸡的戏 |
[34:31] | There’s a large market in modernising the armies in the Sudan | 苏丹军队的现代化是个大市场 |
[34:36] | and I’m providing them with boots. | 而我给他们提供靴子 |
[34:38] | And then the old bag just served it to all the servants. | 后来那老家伙就把它端给了全体仆人 |
[34:41] | I couldn’t believe it. | 我不敢相信! |
[34:43] | Aren’t you cold? | 你们不冷吗? |
[34:45] | It’s better than that kitchen. | 比厨房暖和 |
[34:51] | Here. I thought you could do with this. | 给,我想你该喝一杯 |
[34:53] | Oh, that’s kind, love. | 哦,你真是好心 |
[35:02] | Elsie, hello. | 埃尔茜,你好 |
[35:03] | – Good evening, Your Lordship. – We’ve got bags and guns and everything and no man. | – 晚安老爷 – 我们带着包和枪,没人手 |
[35:06] | If I give you the keys, will you sort it out for me? | 我给你钥匙,可否替我办妥? |
[35:08] | – Of course, Your Lordship. – Thank you. | – 当然,老爷 – 谢谢 |
[35:10] | – We’ll get your bags, sir. – Thank you. That’s very kind of you. | – 我们来拿你的包,先生 – 谢谢,你真好 |
[35:12] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[35:16] | Right. In the boot, is it? | 好了,在行李箱,对吧? |
[35:21] | Sorry, can I trouble you for a light, please? | 对不起,能借个火吗? |
[35:23] | – You got that bag? – Yeah. | – 行李拿了? – 是 |
[35:31] | Thank you. Good evening. | 谢谢,晚上好 |
[35:35] | You mean you think he’s losing interest in that sort of thing? | 你是说你觉得他对那些事失去了兴趣? |
[35:38] | Well, not just that. The whole Empire. | 不止那些事,是对整个帝国 |
[35:40] | I think he said the steam’s gone out of it. | 我想他说的是江河日下 |
[35:44] | William? | 威廉? |
[35:46] | That’s not true, is it–that you think the Empire’s finished? | 这不是真的吧,你觉得帝国完了? |
[35:49] | I’ve been what? | 我觉得什么? |
[35:50] | Well, the Empire was finished after the war. Well, because of the war. | 哦,战后帝国就完了,就因为战争 |
[35:54] | It changed everything. | 它改变了一切 |
[35:55] | Empire Leicester Square? | 帝国莱斯特广场? |
[35:57] | Well, I don’t care what’s changed or not changed. | 我才不管什么改不改变 |
[35:59] | As long as our sons are spared what you all went through. | 只要我们的儿子不再有你们所经历的一切 |
[36:02] | Oh, not all. | 哦,不是所有人 |
[36:03] | You didn’t fight, did you, William? | 你没去打仗,对吧威廉? |
[36:05] | I did my bit. | 我尽了我的力 |
[36:07] | Well, you made a lot of money, but… | 哦,你挣了很多钱,不过… |
[36:10] | it’s not quite the same thing as charging into the cannon’s mouth, is it? | 这跟在加农炮口下不尽相同,对吧? |
[36:14] | Thank God for Raymond. | 感谢上帝还有雷蒙德 |
[36:15] | At least the family had one representative in the front line. | 至少家里还有过一个代表上前线 |
[36:19] | Raymond, tell them how many times you were mentioned in the despatches. | 雷蒙德,告诉他们你在服役时被嘉奖过多少次 |
[36:22] | – I forget. – No, you don’t. Come on. | – 我忘了 – 不,你没忘,说吧 |
[36:26] | – Is he being modest? – Yes, he’s being very modest. | – 他很谦虚? – 是,他非常谦虚 |
[36:30] | What do you think you’re doing here? | 你在这里做什么? |
[36:32] | Mrs. Wilson asked me to tell you that the others have arrived. | 威尔逊太太要我告诉你其他宾客到了 |
[36:36] | Rarebit are cheese | 兔肉是芝士做的 |
[36:38] | and I think those are pickles | 另外,我觉得那些是酸菜 |
[36:41] | They made it especially for me, I’m a vegetarian. | 他们特地为我做的,我是素食者 |
[36:45] | Lord Rupert Standish and Mr. Blond are here, milady. | 鲁伯特·斯坦迪许勋爵和布朗德先生到了,夫人 |
[36:48] | No, they’re too late. They can have a tray in the billiard room. | 不,他们太迟了,他们可以在台球室用餐盘 |
[36:50] | – They can join us later. – Very good, milady. | – 他们晚点再加入我们 – 很好,夫人 |
[36:53] | – Is Rupert here? – Yes. | – 鲁伯特来了? – 是 |
[36:55] | Shall I go and say hello? | 我要不要去打招呼? |
[36:57] | No, I don’t think so. | 不,我看不用 |
[36:58] | …if I find something. See that’s what we’re going to do, which was quite exciting. | …只要我找到,这就是我们要做的,很振奋 |
[37:01] | somewhere | 在某处 |
[37:02] | Face it. | 面对事实吧 |
[37:03] | You’re a younger son with the taste of marquees and the income of a vicar. | 你是次子,胃口比天大,收入比牧师少 |
[37:10] | Her mother likes you. She does too. | 她母亲喜欢你,她也是 |
[37:13] | Now, I know she’s not exactly a show-stopper– | 我知道她不算是个搅局者… |
[37:15] | – Her father’s not keen on the idea. – He’ll come around. | – 她父亲不喜欢这主意 – 他会清醒过来的 |
[37:19] | “Have you met my daughter, Lady Rupert Standish?” | “来见过我的女儿,鲁伯特·斯坦迪许勋爵” |
[37:23] | He thinks I’m in it for the money. | 他认为我是为了钱 |
[37:25] | Of course he does. But you can’t let that put you off. | 他当然这么想,但你不能因此放弃 |
[37:28] | He’s much more of an obstacle than you think. | 他的阻力比你想象的大 |
[37:30] | Then you must overcome that, mustn’t you? | 那么你一定得克服,对吧? |
[37:34] | Her Ladyship asked if you would join her in the drawing room when you’ve finished. | 夫人问你餐后能否去会客厅与她会合 |
[37:38] | All right, ladies, off you go. | 好了,女士们,请便 |
[37:42] | Gentlemen. | 绅士们 |
[37:43] | Gents, move down. Move down. | 绅士们,这边走,这边走 |
[37:46] | – Louisa, look after Pip for me, will you? – Don’t be long. | – 露易莎,替我照顾皮普 – 别太久 |
[37:49] | I wonder if we could have a word or two later on, William? | 等会有时间谈两句吗,威廉? |
[37:52] | Do you think so? | 你说呢? |
[37:55] | Ah, good, good. | 啊,好,好 |
[37:57] | -Jennings, could I– – Certainly, sir. | – 詹宁斯,可否…? – 当然,先生 |
[38:02] | There’s more in here. I’m just getting them. | 这里还有,我拿过来 |
[38:05] | I need all the knives there. All the knives. | 我要所有的刀放在这里,所有的 |
[38:07] | – Come on, Maude. Let’s go and get the fish kettle. – No, she’s counting again. | – 来,莫德,我们去拿鱼锅 – 她又在数了 |
[38:12] | Oh, no, I’m not gonna clean that floor… | 哦不,我不要再清理那块地板了 |
[38:14] | Fred? Albert? Ready? | 弗雷德?阿尔伯特?好了吗? |
[38:19] | – There he is. – Who? | – 他来了 – 谁? |
[38:21] | Lord Stockbridge’s valet. | 斯托布里奇老爷的随从 |
[38:23] | Apparently, he grew up in an orphanage. | 看来,他在孤儿院长大 |
[38:26] | Arthur said they made him shout it down the table. | 亚瑟说他们逼得他在餐桌上说出来 |
[38:28] | Makes you feel sorry for him, really. | 让你觉得替他难受,真的 |
[38:30] | It’s nothing to be ashamed of. It’s not his fault. | 哦,那没什么可耻的,不是他的错 |
[38:32] | Would you like me to ask Lord Rupert and Mr. Blond to join you, sir? | 您要我请鲁伯特勋爵和布朗德先生加入吗,先生? |
[38:36] | No, leave them be. They can entertain the ladies. | 不,让他们待着,可以陪陪女眷 |
[38:39] | Give Mr. Novello a rest. | 让诺瓦诺先生休息下 |
[38:41] | Anthony, did I overhear you at dinner saying you were going into business with Sir William? | 安东尼,晚餐时我是不是听见你说要跟威廉爵士做生意? |
[38:45] | – I beg your pardon? – Is it very old? | – 你说什么? – 这是老酒吗? |
[38:46] | Possibly, possibly. | 可能吧可能吧 |
[38:48] | If you need an expert in changing money, especially Africa | 如果你们需要兑换专家,特别是非洲货币 |
[38:52] | I’m your man– expert. | 找我就对了,专家 |
[38:53] | Yes, the expert. | 对,专家 |
[38:56] | No, it’s not here. | 不,不在这里 |
[38:58] | – And Mr. Jennings is certain he hasn’t got it? – Oh, so he says. | – 詹宁斯先生确定他那儿没有? – 哦,他是这么说的 |
[39:02] | ut if it’s a silver carving knife, he must have it. | 如果是一把银切刀,那一定在他那儿 |
[39:05] | It’s just gone in the wrong drawer in the silver pantry. It wouldn’t have been put in here. | 只不过在银餐具室放错了抽屉,不可能放在这里 |
[39:09] | Well, that’s what I told him. | 对啊,我就是这么跟他说的 |
[39:12] | How old would you say that Mr. Stockbridge was? | 照你说那个斯托布里奇先生几岁? |
[39:16] | Don’t know. About 31, 32. | 不知道,大概31、32吧 |
[39:20] | Why? | 干嘛问? |
[39:21] | Oh, no reason. I think I’ll turn in. | 没什么,我要上床睡觉了 |
[39:24] | We got an early start. | 明天要早起 |
[39:26] | You can tell Mr. Jennings we haven’t got that knife. | 你可以告诉詹宁斯先生,我们找不到那把刀 |
[39:39] | Pleasant evening, milady? | 晚饭可愉快,夫人? |
[39:41] | Not really, no. | 不,不太愉快 |
[39:44] | Had Lord Stockbridge on one side boring for Britain and… | 斯托布里奇老爷在一边叨叨英国 |
[39:48] | Freddie Nesbitt on the other sucking up. | 弗雷迪·内斯比特在另一边拍马屁 |
[39:52] | Oh, I’m worn out. Is there any more chocolate in that pot? | 累死了,那罐子里还有热巧克力吗? |
[39:57] | I’ll go down and make some more, milady. | 我下去再做一些,夫人 |
[40:12] | Lewis? | 露易斯 |
[40:18] | Lewis? | 露易斯 |
[40:21] | I was looking for my maid. | 我在找我的女佣 |
[40:23] | She’s just gone downstairs. | 她刚下楼 |
[40:25] | Can I help? | 我能帮上忙吗? |
[40:28] | She’s going to fetch me some chocolate, | 她去为我拿些热朱古力 |
[40:29] | but now I wonder whether I wouldn’t prefer milk. | 但现在我在想何不喝点牛奶 |
[40:32] | Would that be hot milk or cold? | 是热牛奶,还是冷的? |
[40:36] | You decide. | 你决定吧 |
[40:38] | I couldn’t say, milady. | 我没法说,夫人 |
[40:41] | Hot then, with something to make it sweet. | 那就热的吧,弄成甜的 |
[40:43] | You have your hands in your pockets. | 你的手放在口袋里了 |
[40:46] | Otherwise, I’ll never sleep. | 否则我睡不着 |
[40:48] | Why? | 为什么? |
[40:49] | Do you have trouble sleeping, milady? | 你有失眠问题吗,夫人? |
[40:52] | I have a feeling I might have trouble tonight. | 我感觉今晚可能会有问题 |
[40:55] | I’ll be wide awake at 1:00 a.m., bored to sobs. | 我会凌晨一点还清醒着,无聊抽泣 |
[41:01] | Then we must try and think of something to amuse you. | 那我们一定努力设法令你开心 |
[41:17] | Barnes. | 巴恩斯 |
[41:18] | – Oh, I’m so sorry, sir. – No, It’s all right. | – 真对不起,先生 – 不必,没关系 |
[41:21] | No, I knew it. I knew William would try something like this. | 不,我早知道,我早知道威廉会弄这种事 |
[41:23] | – Well, of course he would. Fuck him! – Short arse. | – 他当然会!我操! – 烂人 |
[41:25] | And fuck this room! | 这间他妈的房间! |
[41:34] | I think you should come with me tomorrow. | 我想明天你该跟我一起去 |
[41:36] | I’ll just say I need you. | 我就说我需要你 |
[41:40] | Oh, I got through to the coast tonight. | 哦,今晚我的长途接通了 |
[41:42] | Finally. | 终于 |
[41:43] | Is that clock right? | 那只钟准吗? |
[41:48] | We got turned down by Una Merkel, | 我们被尤娜·默克尔拒绝了 |
[41:50] | so… Sheehan’s pushing for a rewrite. | 所以,西恩正忙着重写 |
[41:55] | He thinks the part’s too small | 他认为是角色太小 |
[42:01] | It’s a fucking Charlie Chan picture, not a movie about a socialite. | 这是他妈的陈查理电影,不是讲交际花的电影,对吧 |
[42:06] | So… | 那么 |
[42:10] | will I see you later? | 晚点还能见你吗? |
[42:13] | I don’t think I should risk it. Do you? | 我认为我不该冒这个险,你说呢? |
[42:19] | Good night, sir. | 晚安,先生 |
[42:22] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[42:26] | Don’t forget those. They’ll think you don’t care. | 别忘了那些,他们会觉得你不在乎 |
[43:12] | Oh. I must’ve taken the wrong stairs. | 我一定是上错楼梯了 |
[43:14] | You better not be seen up here. | 你最好别让人看见在这里 |
[43:21] | – I’d better go down. – Why? There’s no rush. | – 我最好还是下去 – 干嘛?不用急 |
[43:26] | Since you’re here now | 既然你来了 |
[43:29] | what about a drink? | 喝一杯怎么样? |
[43:35] | What are you doing? | 你做什么? |
[43:38] | “福克斯影业服装部” | |
[43:39] | No! | 不 |
[43:41] | No! | 不 |
[43:45] | Get off me! Get off– | 放开我! |
[43:47] | What? | 怎么?怎么? |
[43:51] | What’s this? | 怎么回事? |
[43:53] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干嘛? |
[43:55] | I came up the wrong staircase. I was just waiting till the coast was clear. | 我上错楼梯,正等没人时离开 |
[44:00] | Well, you better go down again before anyone catches you. | 那你最好快回去,趁没人抓到你 |
[44:02] | Just a minute. | 等一下 |
[44:17] | What? | 怎么? |
[44:19] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[44:24] | – Do you want a drink? – Sure. | – 你要喝一杯吗? – 当然 |
[44:29] | So what do you make of the place? | 你对这地方有何了解? |
[44:32] | Is this a well-run house, would you say? | 是不是一栋妥善管理的宅邸? |
[44:35] | Do you think Sir William would be good to work for? | 你看威廉爵士会不会好伺候? |
[44:37] | No. | 不 |
[44:40] | – How long you been doing this? – What? | – 你做多久了? – 什么? |
[44:43] | Valeting? | 随从 |
[44:45] | About seven years. I was a footman before that. | 大概七年,之前我是男仆 |
[44:48] | And working for Lord Stockbridge–is that a promotion? | 为斯托布里奇老爷干活,是升职吗? |
[44:52] | No. | 不 |
[44:57] | I used to be with the Earl of Flintshire. | 我以前是跟弗林特伯爵的 |
[45:00] | Then why did you move? | 那你为何要换? |
[45:02] | ‘Cause I felt like it. | 因为我感觉想换 |
[45:05] | Who’s that? | 那是谁? |
[45:08] | That’s my mother. | 是我母亲 |
[45:09] | Where’s she live? | 她住哪里? |
[45:10] | She doesn’t. That’s why they put me in an orphanage. | 她不在了,所以我被送去孤儿院 |
[45:14] | That’s right. | 是啊 |
[45:15] | That’s right. Sorry. | 对不起 |
[45:18] | What happened to her? | 她怎么了? |
[45:21] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[45:22] | I mean, why did she die? | 我是说,她怎么死的? |
[45:25] | Was she young? | 那时年轻吗? |
[45:26] | Was it in childbirth? | 是分娩时死的吗? |
[45:30] | You’re not very curious, are you? | 你不算很好奇,对吧? |
[45:34] | Yeah, she was young. She worked in a factory. | 对,她很年轻,在工厂工作 |
[45:37] | She had me. A little while later, she died. | 她生了我,之后不久就死了 |
[45:39] | End of story. | 故事结束 |
[45:42] | Then why didn’t you say she was a factory worker at dinner? | 那你晚餐时怎么没说她是工厂工人呢? |
[45:45] | ‘Cause I didn’t fancy discussing my private life with a table full of strangers. | 因为我不喜欢和一桌陌生人讨论私人生活 |
[45:51] | I’m sorry if I spoke out of turn, mate. | 抱歉要是我说话太鲁莽,老兄 |
[45:54] | Didn’t mean to offend you. | 不是有意冒犯你 |
[45:56] | I’m not offended. | 我没被冒犯 |
[45:58] | And don’t call me “mate.” | 也别叫我“老兄” |
[46:02] | Well, I’ll see you later. | 好了,迟些见 |
[46:05] | I’ve got a date with a hot glass of milk. | 我跟一杯热牛奶有个约会 |
[46:11] | I shouldn’t worry about it. It goes with the territory. | 是我就不挂心这事,这一行免不了 |
[46:17] | Oh, look. | 看啊 |
[46:19] | Oh, look. It’s Mr. Novello. | 是诺瓦诺先生 |
[46:25] | Just think of him sleeping downstairs. | 想想他就睡在楼下 |
[46:28] | I’m gonna have to watch you, my girl. I can see that. | 我得看着你,姑娘,我看出来了 |
[46:32] | Her Ladyship says Mr. Weissman’s a Hollywood producer. | 夫人说怀斯曼先生是好莱坞制片人 |
[46:35] | He does the Charlie Chan films. | 是他制作的陈查理电影 |
[46:37] | Yeah, I like those. I like a bit of a fright in the cinema. | 对,我喜欢,我喜欢有点吓人的电影 |
[46:40] | You could go with his valet. He’d give you a fright. | 你可以去找他的随从,他会给你惊吓 |
[46:45] | You’d better keep your eye on him. I think he’s a queer one. | 你最好盯着他点,我看他有点毛病 |
[46:49] | He’s not from Scotland, for a start. | 首先,他不是苏格兰人 |
[46:51] | At least not any part of it that I know. | 至少不是我所知道的苏格兰哪个地方来的 |
[46:58] | – What’s Mrs. Nesbitt like? – She’s all right. | – 内斯比特太太怎样? – 她还好 |
[47:01] | I feel a bit sorry for her, really. | 我有点为她难过,真的 |
[47:04] | – Of course, it never works. – What never works? | – 当然了,这也从来没用 – 什么没用? |
[47:07] | Well, when a man like that marries beneath him, | 那样的男人娶了地位比他低的 |
[47:09] | he hasn’t got the brains to carry it off. | 他可没有头脑来承担这婚姻 |
[47:11] | I think it’s romantic to marry for love. | 我觉得很浪漫,为爱结婚 |
[47:14] | Love? Not him. | 爱?他可不是 |
[47:17] | He’s a nasty piece of work. | 他是下流货色 |
[47:19] | The Honourable Freddie Nesbitt. | 尊贵的弗雷迪·内斯比特 |
[47:22] | That’s a laugh. | 让人耻笑 |
[47:24] | No, it was her father’s money he was after. It was less than he thought | 不,他追的是她父亲的钱,但比他想的要少 |
[47:28] | and now it’s all spent, all he’s got to show for it is a wife he’s ashamed of. | 现在全都花掉了,他从中只得到一个他引以为丢脸的妻子 |
[47:32] | And he’s lost his job. | 他连工作都丢了 |
[47:35] | Wants Miss Isobel to put in a word with Sir William. | 想要伊莎贝尔小姐跟威廉爵士说一句 |
[47:38] | – What’s the matter? – I never washed that shirt! | – 怎么了? – 我没洗那件衬衣 |
[47:42] | Oh, she’s gonna kill me. | 她会杀了我的 |
[47:45] | Do you think I could do it now? | 你看我现在来得及洗吗? |
[47:47] | Do you want me to go with you? | 要我陪你去吗? |
[47:49] | No. | 不用 |
[47:50] | I’ll be all right. | 我会没事的 |
[48:27] | What are you doing down here? | 你在这里做什么? |
[48:29] | I’m supposed to wash Lady Trentham’s shirt for tomorrow. | 我要替特伦萨姆夫人洗明天的衬衣 |
[48:33] | There’s a sink in the ironing room. | 熨洗房里有个洗盆 |
[49:39] | Is someone in there? | 有人在里面吗? |
[49:43] | 毒药 过氧化氢 | |
[49:59] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么? |
[50:02] | I just had to rinse this shirt out. | 我只是要漂洗这件衬衫 |
[50:17] | Should’ve knocked, shouldn’t you? | 你应该先敲门,对吧? |
[50:34] | Miss Trentham? | 特伦萨姆小姐? |
[50:36] | I was just washing a shirt of Her Ladyship’s. | 我刚才给夫人洗衣服 |
[50:39] | I hope you found everything you required. | 希望你找到所需的一切 |
[50:42] | Does she have to have marmalade? | 她是不是一定要吃橘子酱? |
[50:44] | Only Dorothy made too little of it last January, and we’ve run out of the home made. | 不过去年多萝西做的太少,家里做的已经吃完了 |
[50:49] | I don’t suppose she’d care for strawberry jam instead? | 我认为她不会在意用草莓酱代替吧? |
[50:55] | No, I thought not. | 不行,我想不行 |
[51:01] | Oh, I was rather hoping for a word with Mrs. Wilson. | 我正想跟威尔逊太太说句话 |
[51:04] | Mrs. Wilson, will you tell Jennings that we’ll have the soup after the fourth drive tomorrow. | 威尔逊太太,你能告诉詹宁斯我们明天第四轮后喝汤吗? |
[51:09] | And-And tell Mrs. Croft to make sure it’s hot. | 还有,告诉克罗福特太太汤要热辣 |
[51:13] | It’s been cold the last few weeks. And more pepper in it. | 过去几周变冷了,多加点胡椒进去 |
[51:30] | Is that you? | 是你吗? |
[51:32] | Were you expecting someone else? | 你在等别的什么人吗? |
[51:44] | Seven hundred day today? | 今天七百天了? |
[51:46] | Well, lads, don’t coach your guns, | 小伙子们,不要教人用枪 |
[51:48] | even if they can’t hit a barn door. | 即便他们连谷仓门都打不中 |
[51:51] | Don’t tell them where they’re missing unless they ask. | 不要告诉他们哪里有错失,除非他们问起 |
[51:54] | Lovely day. | 天气真好 |
[51:56] | -Jennings. – I hope it holds for you, sir. | – 詹宁斯 – 希望好天为您保持,先生 |
[51:58] | Enjoy the shoot. | 开心射猎 |
[51:59] | Can a pheasant be dangerous? | 雉鸟有危险性吗? |
[52:02] | – Dangerous? – Do I have to worry about it attacking? | – 危险性? – 我需要担心它攻击我吗? |
[52:04] | – Good morning, Jennings. – Good morning, sir. – Right, draw your pegs. | – 早上好,詹宁斯 – 早上好,先生 |
[52:06] | – Alright, draw your pegs. – I’m gonna be cheering him on. | – 好了,抽选位置 – 我要鼓励他一下 |
[52:08] | Draw your pegs. | 抽选位置 |
[52:09] | – He doesn’t like the position. – Here we are. | – 他不喜欢这位置 – 都来了 |
[52:11] | Morning, Jennings. | 早啊,詹宁斯 |
[52:13] | Are you shooting today, sir? | 你今天打猎吗,先生? |
[52:14] | I never shoot. | 我从不打猎 |
[52:17] | You see, I’m-I’m starving. | 看看,我饿死了 |
[52:20] | Where have you been? | 你去哪儿了? |
[52:23] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[52:25] | Oh, they always send up a good breakfast here. | 哦,他们这里总是送上很好的早餐 |
[52:28] | I’ll say that for Sylvia. | 这我得为西尔维娅说句公道话 |
[52:30] | She’s not at all mean in that way. | 这方面她倒是不刻薄 |
[52:33] | Oh, dear. Bought marmalade. | 哦天啊,买来的橘子酱! |
[52:36] | Dear me, I call that very feeble. | 天,我也没想要多好的啊 |
[52:39] | Well, I suppose one can’t have everything. | 唉,我看人不能应有尽有 |
[52:41] | Mary, I don’t think I’ll wear that shirt. | 梅丽,我还是不穿那件衬衣了 |
[52:44] | After all the other one’s warmer. That’s all I care about. | 毕竟另一件更暖和,我只关心这一点 |
[52:50] | Ooh, yummy. | 哦,美味 |
[52:51] | Yummy, yummy, yummy. | 美味美味美味 |
[52:55] | What do you mean, you’re going shooting? | 你什么意思,你要去打猎? |
[52:57] | Mr. Weissman wants me to accompany him. Nothing wrong in that. | 怀斯曼先生要我陪他,没什么不对 |
[53:01] | But what for? You’re not loading. He hasn’t got a gun. | 为了什么?你不用去装弹,他连枪都没有 |
[53:04] | – He might need something. – What could he need? | – 他可能有所需要 – 他会需要什么? |
[53:08] | Yeah, we know the very idea of service is offensive to you, George. | 对,我们知道服侍人对你来说是一种冒犯,乔治 |
[53:13] | But there’s no need to take it out on the rest of us. | 但没有必要拿我们出气 |
[53:16] | Please forgive our ill manners, Mr. Weissman. | 请原谅我们无礼,怀斯曼先生 |
[53:21] | Yes, yes, of course. | 对,对,当然了 |
[53:23] | I think he’s got something to hide, that one. | 我觉得他藏着什么事,那个人 |
[53:26] | We all have something to hide, Mr. Meredith. | 我们都藏着什么事,梅尔蒂斯先生 |
[53:28] | 毒药 | |
[53:34] | we don’t wanna miss the pheasants. | 千万别错过雉鸟 |
[53:37] | Yeah? I hope so. | 是吗?希望如此 |
[53:51] | Would you like to get changed now, miss? | 准备更衣吗,小姐? |
[53:54] | – He won’t do it. – Who won’t do what? | – 他不干 – 谁不干什么? |
[53:57] | My father. He won’t give Freddie a job. | 我父亲,他不会给弗雷迪一份工作 |
[54:01] | I spoke to him last night, and he said he’d think about it. | 我昨晚跟他谈了,他说他要想想 |
[54:04] | But this morning, he says it isn’t up to him, when, of course, it is. | 可今早他说不是他能决定的,他当然能决定 |
[54:08] | – Why not? – I don’t know. | – 为什么? – 我不知道 |
[54:11] | Something to do with why Freddie was sacked. | 与弗雷迪为何被开除有关 |
[54:13] | But I can’t get a straight answer out of either of them. | 但我从他们俩那里都得不到直接回答 |
[54:16] | Well, you’ve done your best. | 你已尽力了 |
[54:17] | Mr. Nesbitt can’t ask for more than that now, can he? | 内斯比特生生不能要求更多了,对吧? |
[54:20] | But he can, much more! | 他能啊,多着呢 |
[54:22] | He says he’s going to tell him. | 他说他要告诉他 |
[54:26] | Do you think he will? | 你觉得他会吗? |
[54:28] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[54:29] | He says Daddy will give him a job to keep him quiet. | 他说爸爸为了封他口会给他工作的 |
[54:35] | Will you say something? | 你说几句好吗? |
[54:37] | To Mr. Nesbitt? | 对内斯比特先生? |
[54:42] | To Daddy. | 对爸爸 |
[54:46] | Really, miss, why do you think I can make a difference? | 说真的,小姐,你为何认为我说话不一样? |
[54:50] | Will you? | 你会吗? |
[54:53] | I think you should wear your warm underwear today. | 我觉得你今天应该穿暖和内衣 |
[55:23] | Nearly. | 差点 |
[55:32] | That’s mine. | 是我的 |
[55:35] | Oh, God! It’s on its way. | 天呀,跌下来了 |
[55:44] | Damn! | 该死! |
[55:45] | Bloody gun’s no good. | 这烂枪不行 |
[55:47] | I told you not to bring this one. | 跟你说了不要带这支 |
[56:02] | Blast. | 看枪! |
[56:03] | I think I pricked that one. I-I’m pretty sure I pricked it. | 我想我打中了那只,我肯定打中了 |
[56:09] | Bugger! | 妈的! |
[56:17] | Blast it! | 打到了 |
[56:25] | Oh, damn! | 哦,该死 |
[56:26] | Are you all right, sir? | 你还好吧,先生? |
[56:28] | No, I’m not all right! | 不,我不好 |
[56:28] | 让我看看,老爷 | |
[56:30] | God, where the bloody hell did that come from? | 天,从什么鬼地方飞来的? |
[56:32] | It’s nicked you, sir. | 擦伤你了,先生 |
[56:33] | God! It’s nicked me. | 天,我挂彩了 |
[56:34] | What cretin did that? | 哪个白痴干的? |
[56:36] | I don’t know, sir. | 不知道,先生 |
[56:37] | Find Strutt. Ask him if he knows who’s responsible. | 找斯特拉特,问问他知不知道谁干的 |
[56:41] | And if he knows, tell him to send the gun back to the bloody house. | 要是他知道,让他把那人赶回他妈的屋里去 |
[56:43] | All right, sir. | 是,先生 |
[56:45] | Everybody knows the desperate situation we’re in | 人人都知道我们的绝境 |
[56:47] | but nobody seems to care. | 但却无人关心 |
[56:48] | Oh, there you are. Did you find one? | 你来了,找到没有? |
[56:50] | – Well? – Don’t look at me. | – 是吗? – 别看我 |
[56:53] | If I so much as open my mouth on the subject, it’ll make things worse. | 要是我开口谈这话题,只会让事情更糟 |
[56:57] | I’ve already tried. | 我已经试过了 |
[56:59] | Jennings says the car’s ready. | 詹宁斯说车准备好了 |
[57:00] | Oh, goody. I’m starving. I do love– | 好呀,我饿死了 |
[57:02] | I can’t desperate him. | 我不能令他失望 |
[57:04] | What are you wearing? | 你穿的是什么? |
[57:05] | Why? Don’t you like it? | 怎么,你不喜欢吗? |
[57:07] | Stop asking me. | 别再问我了 |
[57:09] | You bought it. | 是你买的呀 |
[57:10] | Did I? Oh, how extraordinary of me. | 我买的?我太过份了 |
[57:14] | Come on. Better get going. | 来吧,起程吧 |
[57:17] | Where’s that wretched Mabel? | 那可怜的梅布尔呢? |
[57:18] | Has anyone checked her outfit? | 有人查看过她的装扮吗? |
[57:20] | She’s probably in black velvet with a feather in her hair. | 她大概穿着黑天鹅绒,头戴羽毛 |
[57:22] | She’s in the morning room looking perfectly normal. | 她在晨起室,穿戴一切正常 |
[57:25] | Don’t be such a snob, Aunt Constance. | 别太势利了,康斯坦丝姑姑 |
[57:27] | Me? I haven’t a snobbish bone in my body. | 我?我浑身一点势利眼都没有 |
[57:39] | Oh, Mr. Meredith. Is Mr. Stockbridge in? | 哦,梅尔蒂斯先生,斯托布里奇先生在吗? |
[57:42] | Search me. | 问倒我了 |
[57:50] | Oh. Mr. Stockbridge. I’m sorry to disturb you. | 斯托布里奇先生,抱歉打扰了 |
[57:53] | I was just making my routine inspection. | 我只是在例行检查 |
[58:01] | So, uh, how are you settling in with Lord Stockbridge? | 那么,你跟斯托布里奇老爷相处如何? |
[58:06] | I’m sorry? | 什么? |
[58:10] | How are you settling in with Lord Stockbridge? | 你跟斯托布里奇老爷相处如何? |
[58:12] | I know that you haven’t been with him for long. | 我知道你跟他并不久 |
[58:15] | Not long, no. | 不久,是的 |
[58:19] | I’m afraid smoking isn’t allowed up here. | 恐怕这里不准抽烟 |
[58:37] | I hope you’re finding everything to make His Lordship’s stay more comfortable. | 我希望你觉得老爷住得相当舒服 |
[58:40] | I hope we haven’t forgotten anything. | 希望我们没忘了什么 |
[58:43] | I can’t believe you forget much, Mrs. Wilson. | 我不相信你会忘记多少,威尔逊太太 |
[58:47] | No. Not much. | 不,不太多 |
[58:52] | Well, I’ll leave you to your book. | 你继续看书吧 |
[59:12] | You know– Bang! Whoof! | 你瞧,砰,啪 |
[59:15] | You should be more selective about the people you invite. | 你应该更仔细挑选你邀请的人 |
[59:17] | – Well, I’ve got a good appetite. – Yes. | – 哦,我胃口很好 – 是的 |
[59:38] | It’s very muddy, so watch where you step. | 非常泥泞,小心脚下 |
[59:39] | Terribly muddy here. Do watch. | 这里烂泥太可怕,小心 |
[59:41] | Do you see what I’m saying? I’ve been noticing it. | 明白我说什么?你有留意吗? |
[59:44] | Doesn’t this look lovely? | 布置得不错吧? |
[59:47] | They really have done well. | 他们真弄得真好 |
[59:49] | Now do go in and have a drink. | 快进来,喝一杯 |
[59:51] | I can tell you, Raymond, it’s a bloody awful thing to have happened. | 我告诉你,雷蒙德,出了这事真是太可怕了 |
[59:55] | – Oh, God, Louisa. – Oh! Oh, I say. | – 哦,路易莎 – 哦,我说 |
[59:58] | – Oh! Yummy, yummy. – Two inches to my right I’d have been dead. I’ve just been shot. | – 哦,美味 – 向右边多两寸我就死了,我被射中了 |
[1:00:01] | – What? – Yes, that’s right. You see. | – 什么? – 是啊,就是这样,你看 |
[1:00:04] | Oh, yes, please. | 哦,要,谢谢 |
[1:00:04] | What happened to your ear? | 你耳朵怎么了? |
[1:00:06] | Some idiot shot me. | 某个蠢货射中我 |
[1:00:08] | – I was a terrible shot. – I really loved it. | – 我瞄不准 – 我真的很喜欢 |
[1:00:10] | Did you have fun? | 你玩得好吗? |
[1:00:11] | I don’t think you realise how serious this is. | 我觉得你没意识到这有多严重 |
[1:00:13] | Of course I do. | 我当然明白 |
[1:00:15] | Why can’t you get your sisters to help? | 为何不找你姐姐帮忙? |
[1:00:17] | Darling, do you think I haven’t tried? You know what they’re like. | 亲爱的,你以为我没有试过?你知道她们的 |
[1:00:21] | Well, I know they couldn’t care less if we go under. | 我知道她们毫不在乎我们破产 |
[1:00:23] | Why should they care, as long as their dressmakers are | 她们干嘛在乎,只要她们的裁缝… |
[1:00:25] | busy and their dinners are on time? | 在忙活着,他们的晚宴准时开 |
[1:00:31] | Wait a minute. There’s a queue here. | 等等,这里排着队呢 |
[1:00:37] | Shut the door, for heaven’s sake. | 关上门,老天爷! |
[1:00:40] | Don’t worry. It’s only Lewis and Dorothy. | 别担心,只是露易斯和多萝西 |
[1:00:43] | If any of the men get found up here, they get sacked on the spot. | 男人在这只要被发现,立刻被开除 |
[1:00:46] | Worse luck. | 运气不好 |
[1:00:48] | So don’t tell me, you’re a convent girl. | 别跟我说你是修道院来的 |
[1:00:51] | Or is that Presbyterian modesty? | 还是长老会的纯朴? |
[1:00:56] | – Is the water hot? – Not really. | – 水热吗? – 不很热 |
[1:01:00] | No, it won’t be till the guns get back. | 对,等打猎的人回来才会热 |
[1:01:03] | I’d better get in yours. | 我跟你一起好了 |
[1:01:06] | Her Ladyship says that Sir William loves his shooting. | 夫人说威廉爵士爱打猎 |
[1:01:09] | Yeah, he does. | 对,他的确爱 |
[1:01:10] | Can’t hit a barn door, but he does love it. | 谷仓门都打不中,但他的确爱好 |
[1:01:13] | It’s quite sweet, really. | 很温馨,真的 |
[1:01:16] | – Elsie. – Yeah? | – 埃尔茜 – 嗯? |
[1:01:19] | Last night– | 昨晚… |
[1:01:22] | What? | 什么? |
[1:01:24] | No, I shouldn’t say. | 不,我不应该说 |
[1:01:26] | Yes, you should. What? | 当然应该,什么? |
[1:01:30] | Well, | 这个 |
[1:01:32] | when I went down to wash that shirt, | 我下楼洗衬衣的时候 |
[1:01:35] | I think I saw him in the ironing room. | 我觉得在熨洗房看见他了 |
[1:01:37] | – He was with one of the kitchen maids. – No, that wouldn’t have been him. | – 他和一个厨房女工一起 – 不,不会是他 |
[1:01:41] | I think it was. | 我想是他 |
[1:01:43] | He came down the passage a minute later, and I don’t see how– | 几分钟后他从走廊下来,我没看见他怎么… |
[1:01:46] | No, it wasn’t him. | 不,不是他 |
[1:01:49] | You weren’t serious last night, were you? | 昨晚你不是认真的,对吧 |
[1:01:51] | I’m afraid I was, old boy. | 恐怕是认真的,老伙计 |
[1:01:52] | I was going to tell you next week, but since you mentioned it– | 本想下周告诉你,但既然你提起了… |
[1:01:55] | I don’t think you’ve grasped quite what it’ll do to the whole project, | 我想你没有看到对整个项目有何影响 |
[1:01:58] | and in particular what it’ll do to me. | 尤其是对我有何影响 |
[1:01:59] | – It can’t be as black as all that, can it? – Yes, it bloody well is. | – 没那么严重吧? – 严重,非常严重 |
[1:02:03] | Well, I’m sorry to hear that, but business is business. | 听了这话我很抱歉,但生意就是生意 |
[1:02:07] | I’m not a charity commissioner, you know. | 我不是慈善家,你知道的 |
[1:02:09] | William, I’m begging you. | 威廉,我求你了 |
[1:02:13] | Damn it! | 该死! |
[1:02:14] | Oh, dear! | 哦,天 |
[1:02:15] | – I’ll clear that up. – I’m sorry. | – 我来清理 – 对不起 |
[1:02:18] | Arthur, go and get a bucket, it helps clean it up. | 亚瑟,去拿个桶来帮忙清理 |
[1:02:21] | – Have you a cloth? – Mainwhile I’ll get the glass under the table. | – 有布吗? – 同时我来弄桌子底下的破玻璃 |
[1:02:23] | Seems very nervous. | 看来很紧张 |
[1:02:25] | We’ll have that cleaned for you at the house. | 我们会回屋替您清洗 |
[1:02:28] | Terrified the life out of me. | 把我命都吓没了 |
[1:02:29] | I borrowed it from Lewis. | 我找露易斯借的 |
[1:02:31] | 不但差点被流弹谋杀 | |
[1:02:36] | Shot, frightened to death. | 吓得半死 |
[1:02:38] | All right, we’ll take it. | 没事,我们处理 |
[1:02:40] | Terrified, awful | 吓死了,可怕 |
[1:02:44] | I think it’s left me deaf. | 我看会让我聋掉 |
[1:02:46] | left me deaf. | 让我聋掉 |
[1:02:48] | You know how you said Sir William could’ve had his pick… | 记得你说过威廉爵士曾有机会选择… |
[1:02:51] | between Lady Sylvia and Lady Stockbridge? | 西尔维娅夫人或斯托布里奇夫人吗? |
[1:02:53] | – Aye. – Well, I asked Her Ladyship about it. | – 对 – 我问过夫人这事了 |
[1:02:57] | She said they cut cards for him. | 她说她们打牌嫁他 |
[1:03:01] | – No! – I know. I can’t believe it either. | – 不是吧 – 对啊,我也不敢相信 |
[1:03:05] | Do you suppose it was a joke? | 你觉得是句玩笑话吗? |
[1:03:07] | Well, I wouldn’t be too sure. | 这我不太确定 |
[1:03:10] | You know what I heard? | 知道我听说什么吗? |
[1:03:13] | – Oh, just listen to me. – What? | – 唉,听听我在干嘛 – 什么? |
[1:03:15] | Why do we spend our lives living through them? | 为什么我们要消耗生命为他们而活? |
[1:03:20] | I mean, look at poor old Lewis. | 我是说,看看可怜的老露易斯吧 |
[1:03:22] | If her own mother had a heart attack, | 如果她母亲心脏病发 |
[1:03:23] | she’d think it was less important than one of Lady Sylvia’s farts. | 她会觉得没有西尔维娅夫人放个屁重要 |
[1:03:27] | You must know. You can’t fool me. | 你一定知道,你骗不了我 |
[1:03:30] | If there’s one thing I don’t look for in a maid, it’s discretion. | 我不想在女佣身上看到的唯一一点,就是审慎 |
[1:03:33] | Except with my own secrets, of course. | 除非是我的秘密,当然了 |
[1:03:35] | Well, I don’t know much, milady, | 我知道的不多,夫人 |
[1:03:38] | but apparently he was counting on Sir William for an investment… | 不过似乎他有一项投资指望着威廉爵士 |
[1:03:41] | and had guaranteed his interest, whatever that means. | 还押上了自己的利益,我不知道什么意思 |
[1:03:45] | Anyway, Mr. Barnes, the commander’s valet, he said he wanted to leave at once, | 总之,中校的随从巴恩斯先生,说他想马上离开 |
[1:03:49] | but Lady Lavinia’s persuaded him to stay until tomorrow | 但拉维妮娅夫人劝他待到明天 |
[1:03:52] | to make less of a thing of it. | 以免多生事端 |
[1:03:55] | Oh, thank heavens. Lewis told me you were wearing white. | 谢天谢地!露易斯告诉我你穿白色 |
[1:03:58] | White? She must be mad. I never wear white. | 什么?她一定疯了,我从不穿白色 |
[1:04:01] | I thought it was a little odd. | 我就觉得有点奇怪 |
[1:04:03] | By the way, for God’s sake, don’t rub him up tonight. | 对了,老天在上,今晚不要惹他 |
[1:04:06] | – I don’t know what you mean. – You know exactly what I mean. | – 我不明白你意思 – 你完全明白我的意思 |
[1:04:09] | He’s in a filthy mood with everyone. | 他正看谁都不顺眼呢 |
[1:04:12] | He’s talking about stopping your allowance. | 说要终止你的津贴 |
[1:04:15] | But it’s for life. That was settled. He can’t do that. | 但那是终生的,讲定了的,他不能这么做 |
[1:04:19] | Just you watch him. He’s absolutely spoiling for a fight. | 你瞧着他吧,他就等着干一架呢 |
[1:04:23] | So if you’ll take my advice, you won’t give him one. | 所以你听我劝,别给他机会 |
[1:04:28] | Now, that you can be discreet about. | 这件事你得谨言慎行 |
[1:04:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:04:39] | Goodness, isn’t it pretty here? | 天呀,这里真漂亮 |
[1:04:42] | The house has such lovely position. | 这宅子位置真好 |
[1:04:45] | The best view’s from the old water tower. You might well walk up there tomorrow. | 从老水塔看风景最好,你明天最好上去看看 |
[1:04:51] | Do you really have to go back to London? | 你真的必须回伦敦? |
[1:04:54] | I am afraid so, Raymond. | 恐怕是的,雷蒙德 |
[1:04:56] | When you’re ruined, there’s so much to do. | 前途被毁,要做的事太多 |
[1:05:01] | Yes, there is, isn’t there? Moan, moan, moan. | 对,可不是吗?哎哟哟 |
[1:05:05] | I like some pleas. | 请替我添一点 |
[1:05:13] | Would anybody care for a game of bridge after dinner? | 饭后有人愿意玩桥牌吗? |
[1:05:16] | Oh, yes, I wouldn’t mind. | 哦好啊,我不介意玩 |
[1:05:19] | Who else? Louisa, how about you? | 还有谁?露易莎,你呢? |
[1:05:22] | Oh, I don’t think so. I’ve rather gone off cards. | 不,我不想玩,我还是放弃打牌吧 |
[1:05:26] | I’ve never been very lucky with them. | 在牌上面我从没运气 |
[1:05:30] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[1:05:36] | Mr. Weissman | 怀斯曼先生 |
[1:05:37] | – Um, yes? – tell us about the film you’re going to make. | – 嗯,什么? – 跟我们说说你准备制作的电影吧 |
[1:05:40] | Oh, sure. It’s called Charlie Chan in London. | 哦,好,叫做《陈查理在伦敦》 |
[1:05:42] | It’s a detective story. | 是一部侦探片 |
[1:05:44] | Set in London? | 背景在伦敦? |
[1:05:46] | Well, not really. Most of it takes place at a shooting party in a country house, | 不全是,大部分场景是一幢乡间别墅的狩猎会 |
[1:05:50] | sort of like this one, actually. | 其实有点像这里 |
[1:05:52] | A murder in the middle of the night. A lot of guests for the weekend. | 午夜谋杀,周末宾客甚众 |
[1:05:55] | Everyone’s a suspect. You know, that sort of thing. | 人人都是嫌犯,你们知道的那一类 |
[1:05:59] | How horrid. | 多吓人啊 |
[1:06:02] | And who turns out to have done it? | 最后是谁干的呢? |
[1:06:04] | I couldn’t tell you that. It would spoil it for you. | 我不能告诉你,会毁了你的乐趣 |
[1:06:08] | Oh, but none of us will see it. | 可我们这儿没人会去看 |
[1:06:12] | Are you thinking of making it here, Mr. Weissman? | 你考虑在这里拍吗,怀斯曼先生? |
[1:06:14] | Uh, no, we’re going to shoot it in Hollywood | 哦不,我们会在好莱坞拍 |
[1:06:17] | on the back lot. | 露天片厂 |
[1:06:19] | But since I was in England | 不过我既然身在英国 |
[1:06:20] | I thought I would do a little research on country living… | 我就想,做点乡村生活研究 |
[1:06:23] | and Ivor was kind enough to arrange it for me. | 艾弗就好心为我安排了 |
[1:06:28] | Mm m, no. William arranged it for you. | 不,是威廉替你安排的 |
[1:06:31] | Are you interested in films, sir? | 你对电影感兴趣吗,爵士? |
[1:06:33] | Not likely. | 不算喜欢 |
[1:06:35] | Why shouldn’t I be interested in films? | 我为何不能对电影有兴趣? |
[1:06:38] | You don’t know what I’m interested in. | 你又不知道我对什么有兴趣 |
[1:06:39] | Well, I know you’re interested in money and fiddling with your guns, | 我知道你对钱有兴趣,喜欢捣鼓枪 |
[1:06:43] | but when it comes to anything else, I’m stumped. | 不过说起别的可真把我难住了 |
[1:06:45] | That’s it, that is not fair. Bill is– | 够了,这话不公平,比尔 威廉昵称 他… |
[1:07:37] | Elsie. | 埃尔茜 |
[1:07:40] | Elsie, what’s– | 埃尔茜,怎么了? |
[1:07:46] | It’s not as if I didn’t know. | 我又不是不知道 |
[1:07:49] | So we can all play bridge. | 我们可以玩桥牌了 |
[1:07:52] | – All playing? – Who’s going to play bridge? Are they going to play? | – 都玩吗? – 谁来玩桥牌?他们玩桥牌吗? |
[1:07:56] | Where’s Rupert? | 鲁伯特呢? |
[1:07:58] | – Rupert! – Coming. | – 鲁伯特? – 来了 |
[1:08:03] | I heard Lady Sylvia spoke out of turn. | 我听说西尔维娅夫人说话冒失 |
[1:08:05] | You didn’t actually see? | 你没亲眼看见? |
[1:08:12] | So what’s going to happen to Elsie? | 那埃尔茜会怎么样? |
[1:08:14] | She’ll be lucky if they don’t boot her out before morning. | 明早前没踢她出门就算幸运了 |
[1:08:17] | You should’ve seen it. | 你真该看看 |
[1:08:19] | She has been here a long time. | 她在这里很久了 |
[1:08:21] | Shall I tell you what that means to them? Bugger all. | 要不要我告诉你这对他们有何意义? 屁都没有 |
[1:08:24] | Please, Mr. Meredith. There are ladies present. | 拜托,梅尔蒂斯先生,有女士在场 |
[1:08:28] | Where, exactly, is Sir William now? | 威廉爵士现在在哪里? |
[1:08:29] | He’s still in the library. He won’t be out again tonight. | 他还在书房,今晚是不会再出来了 |
[1:08:33] | Oh, Dorothy. | 多萝西 |
[1:08:35] | Mr. Meredith | 梅尔蒂斯先生 |
[1:08:37] | – may I ask what is going on? – Uh, we were just– | – 我能问问出了什么事吗 – 哦,我们只是… |
[1:08:39] | George, will you please join me in the drawing room as soon as possible. | 乔治,你能不能尽快跟我进会客厅? |
[1:08:42] | – Mr. Probert, will you kindly take everybody back downstairs. – Certainly. | – 普罗波特先生,请你带所有人下楼 – 是 |
[1:08:45] | Dorothy, I’m especially surprised at you. | 多萝西,你尤其让我吃惊 |
[1:08:48] | Come along, ladies. | 来吧,女士们 |
[1:08:50] | Come along. | 跟着来 |
[1:08:53] | Is it true, then? Has Elsie really been sacked? | 是真的吗?埃尔茜真被开除了? |
[1:09:00] | – Lady Trentham. – Well, luck of the draw. | – 特伦萨姆夫人 – 签运好 |
[1:09:03] | Freddie, I’d like to… | 弗雷迪,我想玩… |
[1:09:04] | Darling, we’ve just cut. | 亲爱的,我们刚开局 |
[1:09:05] | – Ivor, darling. – Madam – Thank you so much. | – 艾弗,请… – 夫人,我来 – 哦,谢谢 |
[1:09:07] | Would it be awful of me to ask you to play something… | 恕我唐突,请你弹奏点什么 |
[1:09:10] | to cheer us all up a bit? | 让大家振奋一下 |
[1:09:12] | – Of course not. – Thank you. | – 没问题 – 谢谢 |
[1:09:14] | – So sweet. – I’ve booked the first passage home. | – 真是好人 – 我已订了下一班船回家 |
[1:09:16] | I’ll be living on the phone till I set sail. | 我启航前只能电话联系了 |
[1:09:18] | I have to be in London tomorrow. | 我明天必须到伦敦,所以… |
[1:09:20] | If you prefer to stay, I can take a train. | 如果你想留下,我可自己搭火车 |
[1:09:23] | – I’ll give you a lift in my car. – Oh, thank you. | – 我开车载你去 – 谢谢 |
[1:09:26] | I think you’re providing a lot of entertainment for nothing. | 你提供了很多免费娱乐 |
[1:09:29] | Morris, I’m used to it. | 莫里斯,我习惯了 |
[1:09:33] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[1:09:35] | – Music moves on. – Funny old evening, hmm? | – 音乐在进化 – 今晚真可笑 |
[1:09:37] | Ivor Novello ‘The Land Of Might-Have-Been’ | ♪ 艾弗·诺瓦洛《宜有之地》 |
[1:09:39] | Somewhere, there’s another land. | ♪ 在某处,有另一片乐土 |
[1:09:43] | Diferent from this wold below. | ♪ 与这下面的世界不同 |
[1:09:44] | You’re not going to stand over my shoulder and watch me, please. | 请你别站在背后看我 |
[1:09:46] | Far more mercifully planned than the cruel place we know. | ♪ 天生仁慈,远超我们这残酷之地 |
[1:09:47] | You’ll put me off. | 会令我分心 |
[1:09:49] | He’s rather a big success, isn’t he? | 他很是当红,对吧? |
[1:09:52] | Huge. It’s absolutely ridiculous. | 大红大紫,完全不可理喻 |
[1:09:54] | Innocence and peace are there, all is good that is desired. | ♪ 那里纯朴平和,尽是你渴望之善 |
[1:09:56] | Do you think he’ll be as long as he usually is? | 你看他会不会像过去那样唱很长时间? |
[1:10:01] | I think he’s rather wonderful. | 我觉得他唱得很精彩 |
[1:10:02] | – Um? – I think he’s rather wonderful. | – 嗯? – 我觉得他唱得很精彩 |
[1:10:02] | Faces there are always fair | ♪ 那里的脸庞永远美丽 |
[1:10:07] | love grows never old nor tired. | ♪ 让爱滋长,不老不弃 |
[1:10:11] | Well, I have only seen one. | 我只看过一出 |
[1:10:14] | We shall never find that lovely land of Might-Have-Been | ♪ 再找不到那可爱的宜有之地 |
[1:10:23] | I shall never be your king nor you shall be my queen. | ♪ 我不该再主宰你,你也不该主宰我 |
[1:10:25] | I thought you weren’t drinking anymore. | 还以为你不再喝酒了 |
[1:10:31] | Days may pass and years may pass and seas may lie between | ♪ 日子可过,年月可过,大海隔中间 |
[1:10:40] | We shall never find that lovely land of Might-Have-Been | ♪ 再找不到那可爱的宜有之地 |
[1:10:40] | – I don’t think we should be doing this. – Oh, come on. | – 我觉得我们不应该偷听 – 怕什么 |
[1:10:49] | Sometimes on the rarest nights comes the vision calm and clear, | ♪ 良宵稀有,平静又晴朗 |
[1:10:54] | I don’t know. It’s just– | 我不知道,只是… |
[1:10:57] | gleaming with unearthly lights on our path of doubt and fear. | ♪ 星光点点神秘,照耀彷徨畏缩路 |
[1:10:57] | I mean, how could she let him touch her? | 我说,她怎会让他碰? |
[1:10:59] | You sound as if you don’t like him. | 你的语气像是不喜欢他 |
[1:11:02] | You’d be surprised. | 说出来怕惊着你 |
[1:11:03] | – All right, surprise me. – Maybe I will. | – 好啊,给我惊喜吧 – 或者我会 |
[1:11:05] | Winds from that far land are blown, whispering with secret breath | ♪ 那遥远之地风儿吹,轻声细语述秘密 |
[1:11:08] | I saw him in The Lodger. | 我看过他演的《房客》 |
[1:11:10] | But I’ve never heard him sing. | 但从没听他唱过 |
[1:11:13] | hope that plays a tune alone, | ♪ 希望是一首独奏曲 |
[1:11:18] | love that conquers pain and death. | ♪ 爱则能征服苦痛与死亡 |
[1:11:26] | Will you, um, excuse me for a minute? | 我失陪一会儿 |
[1:11:26] | We shall never find that lovely land of Might-Have-Been | ♪ 再找不到那可爱的宜有之地 |
[1:11:28] | – You don’t need my help? – No, we’re fine. | – 你们不需要我帮忙吧 – 不用,我们能行 |
[1:11:35] | I shall never be your king nor you shall be my queen. | ♪ 我不该再主宰你,你也不该主宰我 |
[1:11:39] | Oh, my Lord. | 哦,我的天 |
[1:11:43] | Days may pass and years may pass and seas may lie between | ♪ 日子可过,年月可过,大海隔中间 |
[1:11:50] | Shall we ever find our lovely land of Might-Have-Been. | ♪ 我们该不该找到那可爱的宜有之地? |
[1:11:56] | It seems to be much more than just background music, | 好像远不止是唱个背景音乐了 |
[1:11:59] | somehow or other. | 想方设法啊 |
[1:12:02] | Ivor, darling, it was lovely. | 艾弗,亲爱的,真优美 |
[1:12:06] | Ivor Novello ‘And Her Mother Came, Too’ | ♪ 艾弗·诺瓦洛《她妈妈也来了》 |
[1:12:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:12:09] | I seem to be the victim of a cruel jest. | ♪ 看来我是被人残忍地耍了 |
[1:12:15] | It dogs my footsteps with the girl I love the best. | ♪ 因为我紧紧追随最爱的女孩 |
[1:12:20] | Anthony. | 安东尼 |
[1:12:20] | She’s just the sweetest thing that I have ever known. | ♪ 据我所知她最甜蜜 |
[1:12:21] | Shh. It’s the commander. | 嘘,中校来了! |
[1:12:25] | But still we never get the chance to be alone. | ♪ 可我们从没有机会单独相处 |
[1:12:27] | – Good evening, sir. – Excuse me. | – 晚安,先生 – 对不起 |
[1:12:31] | – Uh, carry on. – Yes. | – 继续 – 是 |
[1:12:32] | My car meet her. | ♪ 我开车去接她 |
[1:12:35] | And her mother comes, too. | ♪ 她的妈妈也来了 |
[1:12:37] | It’s a two-seater | ♪ 这是一辆两座车 |
[1:12:40] | Still her mother comes, too. | ♪ 她的妈妈还是来了 |
[1:12:42] | At Ciro’s when I am free. | ♪ 西罗餐厅里我得闲 |
[1:12:44] | What do you want? | 你要干什么? |
[1:12:45] | At dinner, supper, or tea | ♪ 用餐,吃饭,正喝茶 |
[1:12:46] | I brought you some coffee. | 给你送些咖啡 |
[1:12:47] | If I wanted coffee, I’d have rung for it. | 要咖啡我会按铃的 |
[1:12:48] | She loves to shimmy with me | ♪ 她就爱与我一起摇摆 |
[1:12:51] | And her mother does, too | ♪ 她的妈妈也这样 |
[1:12:52] | Leave that. Give me some whiskey. | 别管了,给我来点威士忌 |
[1:12:53] | We buy her trousseau, and her mother comes too. | ♪ 我们为她买嫁妆,她的妈妈也来了 |
[1:12:56] | – Is it antique, this furniture – I don’t know. | – 这家具是古董吗? – 我不知道 |
[1:12:58] | Asked not to do so | ♪ 求她不要这样做 |
[1:13:01] | Still her mother comes, too | ♪ 她的妈妈还是来 |
[1:13:03] | She simply can’t take a snub | ♪ 她就是不能受冷落 |
[1:13:06] | I go and sulk at the club | ♪ 郁闷我就去会所 |
[1:13:09] | Then have a bath and a rub | ♪ 泡个澡按个摩 |
[1:13:11] | And her brother comes, too | ♪ 然后她哥也来了 |
[1:13:14] | To golf we started | ♪ 打高尔夫刚开球 |
[1:13:17] | And her mother came, too | ♪ 她妈妈也来了 |
[1:13:19] | Three bags I carted | ♪ 我拿着三个袋子呢 |
[1:13:22] | When her mother came, too | ♪ 她妈妈就来了 |
[1:13:24] | She fainted just off the tee | ♪ 放完球抬身她就晕 |
[1:13:27] | My darling whispered to me | ♪ 我亲爱的跟我说 |
[1:13:30] | “Jack, dear, at last we are free!” | ♪ “亲爱的杰克,咱们终于自由了” |
[1:13:32] | But her mother came, too | ♪ 可是她妈妈又来了 |
[1:13:38] | I thought you might need a drink… | 我想你也许需要喝一杯 |
[1:13:41] | and some company. | 以及有人陪伴 |
[1:13:47] | Well, that’s really very kind of you. | 哦,你真好心 |
[1:13:50] | Give me just a sec. | 给我一分钟 |
[1:14:05] | Awfully long repertoire! | 保留节目长得可怕 |
[1:14:08] | – Where’s Anthony? – I suppose he was back to his place. | – 安东尼在哪? – 大概回他房间了 |
[1:14:10] | Ivor Novello ‘I can give you the starlight’ | ♪ 艾弗·诺瓦洛《我能给你星光》 |
[1:14:11] | Maybe he just escaped from that | 也许他只是溜走了 |
[1:14:14] | He bother Willam again, is he? | 他不会再去烦威廉吧? |
[1:14:15] | Anthony can not be that stupid | 安东尼不会这么蠢 |
[1:14:16] | I can give you the starlight, love unchanging and true. | ♪ 我能给你星光,爱不变而又真挚 |
[1:14:17] | 现在没什么人骑马旅行了 | |
[1:14:19] | 是吗? | |
[1:14:21] | 要看是什么人,对不对? | |
[1:14:25] | I guess they all have cars. | 大概每个人都有汽车了 |
[1:14:26] | I can give you the ocean, deep and tender devotion. | ♪ 我能给你海洋,深邃而温柔的爱 |
[1:14:27] | We’ve run out of milk, Mr. Jennings. Won’t be a moment. | 我们没牛奶了,詹宁斯先生,一会儿就好 |
[1:14:31] | 你养马吗? 别挑起我瘾头 | |
[1:14:36] | I can give you the mountains, pools of shimmering blue. | ♪ 我能给你山峦,闪耀蓝光的湖泊 |
[1:14:39] | Desperate for a fag. | 忍不住要抽口烟 |
[1:14:45] | Call and I can be all you ask of me. | ♪ 一个电话我就能,应你所有的要求 |
[1:14:51] | Music in spring, flowers for a king | ♪ 春天的音乐,国王的花朵 |
[1:14:56] | All these I bring to you. | ♪ 这些我都带给你 |
[1:15:02] | When I was young, my foolish fancies used to make a great mistake. | ♪ 当我年轻时,我傻傻的幻想曾犯过大错 |
[1:15:07] | Where’s Mr. Weissman’s man? | 怀斯曼先生的跟班呢? |
[1:15:10] | He’s missing the music. | 他错过音乐了 |
[1:15:11] | But now a little love, a little living has changed my ways | ♪ 但如今,一点爱,一点生活已改变了我 |
[1:15:20] | And taught me and brought me the joy of giving. | ♪ 教给我,带给我,付出的快乐 |
[1:15:20] | What are you doing? | 你们在干什么? |
[1:15:21] | Dorothy, get back to work. | 多萝西,回去工作 |
[1:15:22] | Excuse me | 对不起 |
[1:15:24] | but Dorothy’s under my jurisdiction as well, you know | 可多萝西同样归我管辖,你知道的 |
[1:15:27] | and I say she can listen to a spot of music if she likes. | 我说她能听点音乐,只要她喜欢 |
[1:15:33] | I can give you the starlight, love unchanging and true. | ♪ 我能给你星光,爱不变而又真挚 |
[1:15:42] | I can give you the ocean, deep and tender devotion. | ♪ 我能给你海洋,深邃而温柔的爱 |
[1:15:43] | – Excuse me. Where’s the telephone? – Oh. I’m sorry, sir. | – 打扰了,电话在哪里? – 抱歉,先生 |
[1:15:47] | Uh, it’s just over there, sir. | 哦,就在那边,先生 |
[1:15:51] | I can give you the mountains, pools of shimmering blue. | ♪ 我能给你山峦,闪耀蓝光的湖泊 |
[1:16:00] | Call and I can be all you ask of me. | ♪ 一个电话我就能,应你所有的要求 |
[1:16:06] | Music in spring, flowers for a king | ♪ 春天的音乐,国王的花朵 |
[1:16:13] | All these I bring to you. | ♪ 这些我都带给你 |
[1:16:22] | Don’t. Don’t. Don’t. Please don’t encourage him. He’ll just go on and on. | 别别别,请别鼓励他,他会唱个没完 |
[1:16:24] | Ivor Novello ‘What a Duke Should Be’ | ♪ 艾弗·诺瓦洛《公爵应该什么样》 |
[1:16:28] | In B.C. 33 Ah me! That’s a dashed long time ago. | ♪ 公元前33年,哎呀,那是很久以前 |
[1:16:34] | There lived a Roman hero | ♪ 有一位罗马英雄 |
[1:16:37] | Who had shaken hands with Nero | ♪ 他跟尼禄 罗马皇帝 握过手 |
[1:16:41] | And the history you should know | ♪ 这段历史你该知道 |
[1:16:42] | Oh, you’re still here. | 哦,你还在 |
[1:16:44] | – I thought that– – Yeah, well, appearances can be deceptive, can’t they? | – 我以为… – 是啊,表象具有欺骗性,对吧 |
[1:16:44] | He was introduced to the king of Gaul | ♪ 他被介绍给高卢国王 |
[1:16:48] | Whoever that might be | ♪ 不管那是什么人 |
[1:16:51] | And crossing in a galley | ♪ 坐着划桨船渡海 |
[1:16:53] | Elsie. | 埃尔茜 |
[1:16:54] | With a Norman wench got pally | ♪ 有位诺曼底少女相陪伴 |
[1:16:55] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[1:16:56] | They went and founded me | ♪ 他们过来找到我 |
[1:17:02] | So if you wonder what a duke should be | ♪ 所以要是你想知道公爵应该什么样 |
[1:17:05] | Just you take another look at me | ♪ 那就再看我一眼 |
[1:17:07] | I’m doughty. I’m gouty. I’m wonderful to see. | ♪ 我强悍又患痛风,看我多么的帅气 |
[1:17:12] | All my people, ‘pon my soul, it’s true | ♪ 我的人民都赞我,这是实话 |
[1:17:15] | Look on Noah as a parvenu | ♪ 看看诺亚,就像是暴发户 |
[1:17:17] | By gad, you can search your family tree | ♪ 上帝啊,你可以查看我的家谱树 |
[1:17:20] | But you’ll never find a duke like me | ♪ 再找不到哪个公爵我这般 |
[1:17:23] | I’m gouty. | ♪ 我强悍勇猛 |
[1:17:26] | When old Duke was buying fruit | ♪ 老公爵正在买水果 |
[1:17:29] | Scotch and soda, please, Jennings. | 威士忌苏打水,詹宁斯 |
[1:17:30] | One day, so runs the tale | ♪ 传说有一天 |
[1:17:32] | A young convicted felon | ♪ 一个年轻的重罪犯 |
[1:17:35] | Brought him a juicy melon | ♪ 带给他一个美味柠檬 |
[1:17:39] | And was then released from jail | ♪ 后来被监狱释放 |
[1:17:44] | This noble youth. To tell the truth | ♪ 这位高尚的青年,跟你说实话吧 |
[1:17:47] | Sailed right away to sea | ♪ 立刻航行到海上 |
[1:17:49] | And the Duke of Malta’s daughter | ♪ 那位马耳他公爵的女儿 |
[1:17:52] | Brought up his shaving water | ♪ 拿上他的剃须水 |
[1:17:55] | And the grand result was me! | ♪ 故事大结局就是我 |
[1:18:03] | So if you wonder what a duke should be | ♪ 所以要是你想知道公爵应该什么样 |
[1:18:06] | Just you take another look at me | ♪ 那就再看我一眼 |
[1:18:08] | I’m doughty. I’m gouty. I’m wonderful to see. | ♪ 我强悍又患痛风,看我多么的帅气 |
[1:18:13] | All my people, ‘pon my soul, it’s true | ♪ 我的人民都赞我,这是实话 |
[1:18:15] | Look on Noah as a parvenu | ♪ 看看诺亚,就像是暴发户 |
[1:18:18] | By gad, you can search your family tree | ♪ 上帝啊,你可以查看我的家谱树 |
[1:18:20] | But you’ll never find a duke like me | ♪ 再找不到哪个公爵我这般 |
[1:18:25] | So if you wonder what a duke should be | ♪ 所以要是你想知道公爵应该什么样 |
[1:18:27] | Just you take another look at me | ♪ 那就再看我一眼 |
[1:18:29] | I’m doughty. I’m gouty. I’m wonderful to see. | ♪ 我强悍又患痛风,看我多么的帅气 |
[1:18:33] | All my people, ‘pon my soul, it’s true | ♪ 我的人民都赞我,这是实话 |
[1:18:35] | Look on Noah as a parvenu | ♪ 看看诺亚,就像是暴发户 |
[1:18:37] | By gad, you can search your family tree | ♪ 上帝啊,你可以查看我的家谱树 |
[1:18:39] | But you’ll never find you’ll never find you’ll never find a duke like me | ♪ 再找不到再找不到再找不到 哪个公爵我这般 |
[1:18:42] | He gave you that for your birthday, did he? | 那是他给你的生日礼物,对吧? |
[1:18:45] | He gave you that for your birthday, William did? | 那是他给你的生日礼物,威廉送的? |
[1:18:52] | Yeah, I’ve got a call booked for California. | 对,我订过打给加利福尼亚的电话 |
[1:18:56] | California. | 加利福尼亚 |
[1:18:56] | Ivor Novello ‘Why isn’t it you’ | ♪ 艾弗·诺瓦洛《为何不是你》 |
[1:18:58] | Music is like…It’s never going to stop. | 音乐就像是…从来唱个不停 |
[1:18:59] | We’re both undoubtedly insane. | ♪ 毫无疑问我俩疯了 |
[1:19:03] | We’re not so horribly pain. | ♪ 我们没有心痛不已 |
[1:19:05] | Something is wrong but who can tell us what? | ♪ 出问题了,可谁能告诉我们是什么 |
[1:19:11] | Oh, Freddie, we gave up on you. | 弗雷迪,我们不等你了 |
[1:19:12] | There’s no accounting for taste, it seems a terrible wast. | ♪ 品味没法核算,看来极其可惜 |
[1:19:13] | Have a seat please. | 请坐请坐 |
[1:19:14] | We waited as long as we could. | 我们已经尽量等你了 |
[1:19:16] | – Do you think William’s still in the library? – Where have you been? | – 你觉得威廉仍在书房吗? – 你去了哪里? |
[1:19:17] | nothing can help us, we have not at that right spot we should have got. | ♪ 我们无可救药,我们没找到该有的正确相处之道 |
[1:19:20] | – I suppose. – Where have you been? | – 大概是吧 – 你去了哪里? |
[1:19:23] | – That’s none of your bloody business. – What are we going to do? | – 关你屁事 – 我们怎么办? |
[1:19:26] | Why isn’t it you? | ♪ 为何不是你 |
[1:19:26] | Who played the nine? | 谁打的9? |
[1:19:27] | Well, I could try and fetch him. | 我可以去找他出来 |
[1:19:29] | Oh, would you? He’s always preferred you to me. | 哦,好啊,他一向更喜欢你 |
[1:19:30] | Why should we miss a chance like this when chances are few? | ♪ 为何机会那么少,我们还要错失 |
[1:19:34] | Yes, I’d be delighted. | 好的,我很乐意 |
[1:19:36] | you’ve got the size of eyes | ♪ 你的双眼正合适 |
[1:19:37] | My godness. | 我的天 |
[1:19:38] | I either lies your arms invite a glamorous night | ♪ 我要么在你怀抱中邀约迷人之夜 |
[1:19:40] | Today is not my day. | 今天我手气不好 |
[1:19:42] | What am I to do? | ♪ 我应该怎么做? |
[1:19:48] | Why isn’t it you? | ♪ 为何不是你 |
[1:19:51] | You don’t react whether I tried what I’m to do | ♪ 我如何试探你都没反应,我该怎么做 |
[1:19:52] | If that’s what you call a moment, | 这就是你说的一会儿 |
[1:19:53] | I’d like to see what happens when you take a real break. | 那我倒想看看你真的休息一下会怎样 |
[1:19:57] | You got the lips for me | ♪ 你的香唇只为我 |
[1:19:59] | the hips for me, the feet for me, and the beat for me | ♪ 美臀只为我,双脚只为我,还有拍子为我击 |
[1:20:02] | Here. Did yours as well. | 给,你的也弄好了 |
[1:20:03] | so tell me why, why isn’t it you | ♪ 所以就请告诉我,为何不是你 |
[1:20:04] | – Before the rush starts. – Thank you. | – 免得手忙脚乱 – 谢谢 |
[1:20:10] | Why isn’t it you? | ♪ 为何不是你 |
[1:20:13] | Why must we miss a chance like this when chances are few? | ♪ 为何机会那么少,我们还要错失 |
[1:20:18] | you’ve got the size of eyes | ♪ 你的双眼正合适 |
[1:20:20] | I either lies your arms invite a glamorous night | ♪ 我要么在你怀抱中邀约迷人之夜 |
[1:20:20] | Where have you been? – It’s fine, it’s fine. | – 你去哪儿了? – 没事了,没事了 |
[1:20:24] | William? | 威廉 |
[1:20:25] | What am I to do? | ♪ 我应该怎么做? |
[1:20:29] | Oh, God, Bill. | 天呀,比尔 |
[1:20:31] | Why isn’t it you? | ♪ 为何不是你 |
[1:20:34] | Come here, you horrid little dirty thing. | 过来,你这小脏东西 |
[1:20:35] | You don’t react whether I tried what I’m to do | ♪ 我如何试探你都没反应,我该怎么做 |
[1:20:37] | Bill. | 比尔 |
[1:20:39] | You got the lips for me | ♪ 你的香唇只为我 |
[1:20:42] | the hips for me, the feet for me, and the beat for me | ♪ 美臀只为我,双脚只为我,还有拍子为我击 |
[1:20:45] | so tell me why, why…… | ♪ 所以就请告诉我,为何… |
[1:20:48] | Dear God! | 老天! |
[1:20:50] | Oh, my God. | 我的天! |
[1:20:55] | Louisa! | 露易莎! |
[1:20:57] | Isobel? Isobel? | 伊莎贝尔,伊莎贝尔 |
[1:21:01] | – George. – Excuse me, sir. | – 乔治! – 请原谅,先生 |
[1:21:09] | Jennings. | 詹宁斯 |
[1:21:15] | Excuse me, ma’am, | 请原谅,夫人 |
[1:21:19] | Oh, dear | 哦,天 |
[1:21:23] | – Stand by, darling. – Give her some air. | – 撑住,亲爱的 – 给她点新鲜空气 |
[1:21:26] | Sara, could you ask Jennings about the salts? | 莎拉,问詹宁斯拿嗅盐 |
[1:21:29] | Could somebody get a glass of water, please? | 麻烦谁去拿杯水? |
[1:21:31] | – Would you keep everybody out of this room? – Yes, certainly, sir. | – 你能不能让大家都待在外面? – 是,当然,先生 |
[1:21:34] | – Come over here. – Bill. | – 过来,露易莎 – 比尔 |
[1:21:36] | Louisa, just sit and be quiet. | 露易莎,露易莎,坐下静一静 |
[1:21:39] | But– | 可是… |
[1:21:41] | Mummy? | 妈妈 |
[1:21:42] | – Just stay here, stay. – Is she all right? | – 待着别动,别动 – 她没事吧? |
[1:21:44] | Everything’s fine. | 没事的 |
[1:21:46] | Sylvia. | 西尔维娅 |
[1:21:47] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[1:21:48] | Mummy? | 妈妈 |
[1:21:50] | – Well, you tell Mr. Warner, not any– – Excuse me. I need that telephone. | – 你告诉华纳先生,不是所有… – 对不起,我要用电话 |
[1:21:54] | Excuse me. I’m on the telephone. | 抱歉,可我在通话 |
[1:21:56] | I’m on a call to California. | 我在给加利福尼亚打电话 |
[1:21:59] | Hello? Yes, would you connect me with the police station, please? | 喂?你能不能给我接警察局? |
[1:22:19] | I’m looking for a kind of realistic Charlie Chan movie. | 我寻求的是某种现实版的陈查理电影 |
[1:22:22] | This isn’t out of the question. I mean we should try to do this. | 这并非毫无可能,我看我们应该试试这么做 |
[1:22:25] | It has to be better. We can’t do the same old shit over and over again. | 必须拍得更好,我们不能一遍遍重复老套 |
[1:22:29] | Alan Mowbray– I like that. I mean, that’s a butler. | 阿兰·莫布雷 英国明星 ,我喜欢,我看他像管家 |
[1:22:32] | These people here look like Alan Mowbray. | 这里的人看着就像阿兰·莫布雷 |
[1:22:35] | I mean, they’re sort of tall, and they don’t say too much. | 我是说,他们有些高,而且话不太多 |
[1:22:38] | And they have fucking British accents, right? | 另外他们讲他妈的英国口音,对吧? |
[1:22:41] | They talk like they’re from England. | 他们说话就像是来自英格兰 |
[1:22:44] | – Good evening. We’ve been expecting you. – Is Ray Milland British? | – 晚上好,我们在等你 – 雷·米兰德 英国明星 是英国人吗? |
[1:22:46] | – Yes, good evening. This is Constable Dexter, I’m inspector– – You must be the police. | – 晚上好,这是德斯特巡警,我是… – 你一定是警察了 |
[1:22:48] | Yes. How do you do, ma’am? I’m Inspector Thom– | 是,你好,夫人,我是探长汤… |
[1:22:50] | My name’s Lady Sylvia McCordle. We haven’t moved him. | 我是西尔维娅·麦克多夫人,我们没动过他 |
[1:22:53] | I’ve gathered everyone in the red drawing room. Would you like to come straight through. | 我已把大家集聚在红客厅,你直接进去吗? |
[1:22:56] | Certainly, ma’am, yes. | 当然,夫人请 |
[1:22:57] | Oh, don’t worry about him. He’s just an American staying with us. | 别管他,他不过是个美国客人 |
[1:23:00] | Now, I’ll tell you who we all are. Then we can all go to bed | 我跟你说下我们谁是谁,我们就可以去睡了 |
[1:23:03] | and leave you with poor William. Is it sound like a good time? | 由你处理可怜的威廉,这样好吗? |
[1:23:05] | Yes, indeed. Shall I introduce myself? I’m Inspector Thom– | 好的,没问题,容我自我介绍,我是探长汤… |
[1:23:07] | This is my aunt, Lady Trentham. | 这是我姑姑特伦萨姆夫人 |
[1:23:09] | Ah, yes, the Countess of Trentham. I served with your husband on a– | 啊,特伦萨姆伯爵夫人,我与您先夫曾在… |
[1:23:12] | – My brother-in-law Lord Stockbridge. Lady Stockbridge. – Lady Stockbridge. | – 我妹夫斯托布里奇老爷,斯托布里奇夫人 – 斯托布里奇先生 |
[1:23:15] | Jennings, please, would you remove that vile animal? | 詹宁斯,请把那只烂畜生带走 |
[1:23:18] | Certainly, milady. | 当然,夫人 |
[1:23:19] | Uh, Mrs. Nesbitt. Mr. Nesbitt. | 内斯比特太太,内斯比特先生 |
[1:23:22] | – Ivor Novello, who I’m sure needs no introduction. – Of course. Mr. Novello, a– | – 艾弗·诺瓦诺,肯定不必介绍了 – 当然,诺瓦诺先生 |
[1:23:25] | No, wait. | 不,等等 |
[1:23:26] | Would you like to speak to the servants tonight, Inspector? | 你今晚要和仆人谈谈吗,探长? |
[1:23:28] | – Inspector Thom– – I think he ought to speak to Probert, my husband’s valet. | – 探长汤… – 我看他得跟普罗波特谈,我丈夫的随从 |
[1:23:31] | – Would you tell him to come up. – Certainly | – 你去叫他上来 – 好的 |
[1:23:32] | Now, where was I? | 我说到哪里? |
[1:23:33] | Isobel McCordle, my daughter. | 伊莎贝尔·麦克多,我女儿 |
[1:23:35] | Charlie Chan is in London. He’s not in California. | 陈查理在伦敦,他不是在加州 |
[1:23:38] | They’re talking to me about rewrites about the part of the Cockney maid, | 他们跟我讨论重写伦敦女佣的角色 |
[1:23:42] | and she ‘s running in and saying all these things. | 她跑进来说了一大堆 |
[1:23:44] | Look, I’m here. They don’t talk. | 我在这儿观察过,他们可不说话 |
[1:23:46] | The butlers and maids, they stand, they watch. | 管家和佣人,他们站着,观察着 |
[1:23:49] | I mean, you know, they serve. They do things. | 我的意思是,他们伺候人,做事 |
[1:23:52] | What about Claudette Colbert? She’s British, isn’t she? | 克劳黛·考尔白 法籍美国人,奥斯卡得主 如何?她不是英国人吗,对吧? |
[1:23:54] | She sounds British. | 她有英国口音 |
[1:23:56] | Is she, like, affected, or is she British? | 她是装的,还是真的英国人? |
[1:24:04] | Oh, Dorothy, would you take– | 多萝西,你能不能抱上… |
[1:24:12] | – Um, well, I– – Oh, come on, spit it out. | – 嗯,我… – 有话直说 |
[1:24:15] | The police would like to see you for a moment. | 警察想见见你 |
[1:24:17] | – Me? – No, Mrs. Croft. Mr. Probert. | – 我? – 不,克劳福太太,是普罗波特先生 |
[1:24:20] | Me? | 我? |
[1:24:22] | Why? | 为什么? |
[1:24:26] | I-I don’t know what I can tell them. | 我…我不知道我能跟他们说什么 |
[1:24:32] | George, would you go and see if anything more is required in the red drawing room? | 乔治,能不能去看看红客厅还有什么需要? |
[1:24:35] | Yes, sir. | 是,先生 |
[1:24:37] | I don’t see the point in the rest of you waiting up. | 我看你们其他人没必要等着 |
[1:24:40] | What about me, Mr. Jennings? | 我呢,詹宁斯先生? |
[1:24:43] | You can go as soon as the police release you. | 警察一放行你就可以走 |
[1:24:45] | I guess that’ll be sometime tomorrow. | 我猜想要到明天什么时候了 |
[1:24:49] | Until then, you can stay in your room. | 那之前你待在自己房间 |
[1:24:51] | I’m not contagious, you know. | 我又没有传染病 |
[1:24:53] | Nobody’s going anywhere. | 任何人不得走开 |
[1:24:56] | Those of you with remaining duties, see to them as quickly as you can. | 有事做的尽快弄完 |
[1:25:00] | Otherwise… | 别的嘛… |
[1:25:02] | good night, everyone. | 各位晚安 |
[1:25:03] | – Good night, sir. – Good night, sir. | 晚安,先生 |
[1:25:07] | – Mr. Jennings. – Yes, Mr. Weissman? | – 詹宁斯先生 – 怎么,怀斯曼先生 |
[1:25:09] | I have a confession to make. | 我有件事要坦白 |
[1:25:17] | Right, but I think it’s clear it’s the valet who did it. | 对,我认为明显是随从干的 |
[1:25:22] | No, because the valet has access to everybody. | 不,因为这个随从能接近所有人 |
[1:25:24] | No, the valet…No, the valet isn’t the butler. | 不,随从…随从不是管家 |
[1:25:27] | No, there’s one butler, and there ‘s lots of valets running all over the place. | 不,管家只有一个,这地方有很多随从 |
[1:25:31] | He takes care of people. He’s in their rooms at night. | 他照顾主人,晚上就在他房里 |
[1:25:33] | I mean he could do it. I mean, the valet easily could have done it. | 我是说,他可能下手,随从很方便下手 |
[1:25:41] | Pull yourself together, Mr. Probert. | 振作起来,普罗波特先生 |
[1:25:43] | Try and be a bit patient. They’ll be along in a minute. | 稍微耐心点,他们马上就到 |
[1:25:46] | Couldn’t I… | 我能否… |
[1:25:47] | Couldn’t I just make him a little more comfortable, sir? | 我能否…让他稍微舒服点,先生? |
[1:25:51] | – Please? – Have a heart, Inspector. | – 拜托了 – 行行好心吧,探长 |
[1:25:53] | No, it wouldn’t be wise, sir. | 不,这样不明智,先生 |
[1:25:55] | We shouldn’t have to wait too much longer now. | 我们不会等太长时间的 |
[1:25:56] | Oh, I don’t think it’d do any harm. Go on. | 哦,我看不会有什么破坏,去吧 |
[1:26:06] | Well, you see, this is why we have rules and regulations, isn’t it? | 瞧见了吧,所以我们得有规章制度,对吗? |
[1:26:10] | What is it, Dexter? | 怎么样,德斯特? |
[1:26:12] | Well, only that there doesn’t seem to be much blood, sir. | 看上去没有太多血,长官 |
[1:26:22] | – Is that everything, milord? – Yes, thank you, Parks. | – 就这些吗,老爷? – 对,谢谢,帕克斯 |
[1:26:24] | – I think perhaps you should try and get some sleep. – It’s so unfair! | – 我想你或许应该去睡个觉 – 太不公平了 |
[1:26:29] | Nobody liked him. | 没人喜欢过他 |
[1:26:37] | – It’s terrible. – Oh, do stop snivelling. Anyone would think you were Italian. | – 太可怕了 – 别哭啼了,别人会以为你是意大利人 |
[1:26:43] | Christ. | 天啊 |
[1:26:52] | Will you not let me help you with your frock, milady? | 你不要我帮你脱衣吗,夫人? |
[1:26:53] | No, I can manage. | 不用,我可以弄 |
[1:26:56] | – Then I’ll say good night, milady. – Wait, wait. | – 那我就道晚安了,夫人 – 等等,等等 |
[1:27:01] | Thank you, milady. | 谢谢,夫人 |
[1:27:26] | What is it? | 什么事? |
[1:27:37] | Please tell me you haven’t come with condolences. | 拜托,告诉我你不是来慰问的 |
[1:27:41] | No. | 不是 |
[1:27:42] | – I was just wondering if you wanted some com– – What? | – 我想知道,你要不要人… – 什么? |
[1:27:45] | I said, I was just wondering if you wanted some company. | 我是说,我想知道你要不要人陪 |
[1:27:56] | Well, I suppose life must go on. | 哦,我看生活还得继续 |
[1:27:59] | Unhook me. | 替我解扣 |
[1:28:09] | No, there’s another one. You’ll never get it off like that. | 不,还有一个,这样你永远解不开 |
[1:28:17] | I’m really sorry about everything. | 我真替你难过 |
[1:28:21] | Don’t feel sorry for me. Pity that poor Dorothy. | 别为我难过,同情可怜的多萝西吧 |
[1:28:25] | She’s got all the early morning teas to do and the breakfast trays. | 她得弄全部的早茶,还有早餐盘 |
[1:28:29] | And she’s got to get Miss Isobel to the dining room and see if she can find anything in black. | 她还得把伊莎贝尔小姐弄到餐厅去,还得找黑色衣服 |
[1:28:36] | She’s the one who needs your sympathy. I’m well out of it. | 她才需要你同情,我可是解脱了 |
[1:28:41] | I would think Miss Isobel might stay in bed tomorrow. | 我认为伊莎贝尔小姐明天会待在床上 |
[1:28:46] | Unmarried girls don’t have breakfast trays. Not in this house. | 未嫁姑娘不能用餐盘吃早餐,这宅子里不能 |
[1:28:54] | I wish I could help. | 但愿我能帮忙 |
[1:28:57] | You can’t. | 你不能 |
[1:29:15] | George says Mr. Novello was in on it. | 乔治说诺瓦诺先生参与其事 |
[1:29:18] | And Sir William. | 还有威廉爵士 |
[1:29:21] | The point is, that Henry Denton, he’s an actor. | 重点是,那个亨利·丹顿,是个演员 |
[1:29:24] | An actor? | 是个演员? |
[1:29:25] | He’s playing a butler in the next Charlie Chan. | 他在下一部陈查理电影里演管家 |
[1:29:28] | Just wanted to make it authentic. | 只是为了更真实 |
[1:29:29] | I’d say the joke was on Lady Sylvia. | 我得说这是跟西尔维娅夫人开玩笑 |
[1:29:31] | I hope he don’t model his performance on Mr. Jennings, | 希望他不是以詹宁斯先生作样板 |
[1:29:34] | or he’ll be too squiffy to remember his lines. | 否则会醉到忘记对白 |
[1:29:36] | Ah, Mrs. Croft, isn’t it? I wonder if I could– | 啊,克罗福特太太,对吗?我在想能否… |
[1:29:41] | Ah, yes. Have a few words with you. I’m Inspector Thom– | 对了,与你谈谈?我是探长汤… |
[1:29:45] | Oh, I haven’t got time for this now. I’m doing the breakfast. | 哦,我没时间,我在做早餐 |
[1:29:47] | It wouldn’t take much time. | 用不了太多时间 |
[1:29:49] | I mean, perhaps you have a room where we could speak. It will be good. | 我是说,你有没有可以说话的地方,那样最好 |
[1:29:52] | Oh, I suppose you’d better come to my room. | 唉,那最好去我房间 |
[1:29:54] | Bertha, I’m leaving you in charge. | 伯莎,你来负责 |
[1:29:56] | Dorothy, make sure those menus go up on Her Ladyship’s tray. | 多萝西,菜单记得放进太太的餐盘 |
[1:29:59] | And get that filthy dog out of here. | 把那邋遢狗赶出去 |
[1:30:05] | Honestly | 说实话 |
[1:30:06] | these days the countryside’s getting more dangerous than Piccadilly. | 如今,乡下比皮卡迪利 伦敦商业街 更危险 |
[1:30:11] | But why one of the knives from the silver pantry? | 为什么要用一把银餐具室的刀? |
[1:30:14] | Doesn’t make sense. | 没道理啊 |
[1:30:16] | He must have forgotten to bring one. | 他一定是忘了带一把刀 |
[1:30:18] | When you think of what they have to carry about– | 你想想他们得带多少东西? |
[1:30:21] | all those jemmies and torches and skeleton keys– | 那些撬棍、电筒还有万能钥匙 |
[1:30:25] | it’s a miracle anyone ever gets burgled at all. | 有人被盗劫完全是奇迹 |
[1:30:29] | Oh, it’s glacial in here. | 这里冷透了 |
[1:30:30] | Get my fur, will you? | 拿我的皮草来,好吗 |
[1:30:34] | Anyway, it wasn’t in the silver pantry. | 不管怎样,那刀不在银餐具室里 |
[1:30:37] | It’s been missing since yesterday. | 昨天起就失踪了 |
[1:30:39] | Obviously William had it. | 显然是威廉拿走了 |
[1:30:41] | And when the fellow surprised him there it was, | 那家伙吓到他时就在那儿 |
[1:30:43] | on the table as handy as you like. | 放在桌上,顺手得很 |
[1:30:48] | By the way, are any of the others getting up for breakfast? The women, I mean. | 对了,别人有谁起床吃早餐吗,我是说女人 |
[1:30:51] | I think Lady Lavinia may be. | 我想拉维妮娅夫人或许会 |
[1:30:54] | That settles it. Come back at half past 8:00. I’ll get dressed. | 那就定了,八点半回来帮我更衣 |
[1:30:59] | It’s the greatest bore, of course, but I don’t want to miss anything. | 确实是烦心到了极点,可我不想错过任何东西 |
[1:31:07] | When I came back last night, | 昨晚我回来的时候 |
[1:31:10] | I found this on my dressing table. | 在化妆台上发现这个 |
[1:31:12] | What is it? | 是什么? |
[1:31:17] | “This is your final warning. If I’ve not received an offer–“ | “这是最后警告,如果我还没得到入职…” |
[1:31:23] | Freddie. What a stupid idiot. | 弗雷迪,愚蠢的笨蛋! |
[1:31:25] | Well, at least he’s off your back now. There’s no one to tell. | 起码他现在害不了你了,他没人可说了 |
[1:31:28] | At least no one’s who’s gonna give him a job to shut him up. | 起码没有谁的谁会给他工作封他口了 |
[1:31:35] | Oh, now, he’s quite the bonny lad, isn’t he? | 哦,他真是个健美小伙儿,是吧 |
[1:31:39] | What’s he up to these days, this one, eh? | 如今他是做什么的? |
[1:31:41] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[1:31:44] | I don’t know what I can tell you. | 我不知道我有什么可说的 |
[1:31:46] | Shouldn’t you be looking for signs of a break-in? | 你不是应该寻找入室抢劫的迹象吗? |
[1:31:48] | Mrs. Croft, I understand no one has served Sir William longer than you have. Is that true? | 克劳福德太太,我听说没人比你侍候威廉爵士的时间更长,是真的吗? |
[1:31:54] | I’d better be off. | 我还是走吧 |
[1:31:56] | Might not see you again. | 也许不会再见到你 |
[1:31:59] | I’m only staying till the police give the nod. | 警察一点头我就得离开 |
[1:32:03] | But, Elsie, | 可是埃尔茜 |
[1:32:06] | you’re not in any difficulty, are you? | 你没有什么…困难吧,有吗? |
[1:32:10] | What, apart from having no home and no job? | 什么,除了没房住没工作做? |
[1:32:13] | Nah. There’s no worries there. | 不,没有什么可担心的 |
[1:32:16] | Yes, I was forgetting. You were much cleverer than I was. | 对,我忘了,你比我聪明多了 |
[1:32:20] | You’ll be fine. | 你不会有事的 |
[1:32:26] | I wonder what Lady Sylvia will do now. | 不知西尔维娅夫人会怎么做 |
[1:32:28] | If I were her, I’d set up in London as a glamorous widow… | 我要是她,就搬去伦敦,做个魅力寡妇 |
[1:32:32] | with all the gentlemen chasin’ me for my money. | 让那些绅士都为了钱追求我 |
[1:32:34] | I wouldn’t. I grew up in London. | 我不会,我在伦敦长大 |
[1:32:37] | – Is that where the orphanage was? – On the edge. Isleworth. | – 那家孤儿院在那里? – 伦敦边上,艾尔沃斯 |
[1:32:41] | And you don’t get homesick? | 你不想家吗? |
[1:32:43] | I don’t think you get homesick if you’ve never had a home. | 我觉得从没有过家也就不会想家 |
[1:32:44] | You heard about Mr. Weissman’s valet? | 听过有关怀斯曼先生随从吗? |
[1:32:46] | – What about? – Turns out he’s a fraud. | – 什么? – 原来他是冒充的 |
[1:32:48] | He isn’t Scottish at all. | 根本不是苏格兰人 |
[1:32:50] | – No! – I could’ve told you that. | – 不是吧 – 这一点我早该告诉你 |
[1:32:53] | Who is he, then? Do you think he’s the murderer? | – 那他是谁? – 你看他会不会是凶手? |
[1:32:56] | It’s worse than that. He’s an actor. | 比那更糟,他是个演员! |
[1:33:00] | Yes, I want you to wake him up. How else do you suggest I talk to him? | 对,我要你叫他起床,否则你让我怎么跟他说? |
[1:33:05] | Yes. Right. Well, what’d he say? | 没错,对,他怎么说? |
[1:33:08] | What, Clara Bow? He’s talking about Clara Bow again? | 什么?克拉拉·鲍 美国女星 ,他又在说克拉拉·鲍? |
[1:33:10] | Listen, you tell Sheehan I think Clara Bow is a really nice person, | 听着,你告诉西恩,我觉得克拉拉·鲍为人很不错 |
[1:33:15] | and she’s not coming within ten miles of my picture. | 但她不能靠近我的电影 |
[1:33:17] | I don’t want her in the fucking movie. | 我他妈不要她拍这部电影 |
[1:33:20] | There is one thing. The bastard’s death may have saved my bacon. | 有一件事,那混蛋的死也许救了我一命 |
[1:33:24] | For God’s sake, be quiet. What’s the matter with you? | 老天在上,小声点,你是怎么回事? |
[1:33:31] | Arthur. | 亚瑟 |
[1:33:33] | – Oh, are these tomatoes? – Yes, milady. | – 这是西红柿吗? – 是,夫人 |
[1:33:35] | That’s exactly what I want. | 那正是我想要的 |
[1:33:38] | – Good morning. – Good morning, dear. | – 早安 – 早安,亲爱的 |
[1:33:42] | Have you heard? It’s too tiresome. That frightful inspector won’t let anyone leave. | 你听说了吗?真烦人,那吓人的探长不让任何人离开 |
[1:33:46] | So we’re to be treated to another day of Mr. Weissman shouting down the telephone. | 我们只好再忍受一天怀斯曼先生吼电话 |
[1:33:53] | He has some problems with his work in Los Angeles, I’m afraid. | 他在洛杉矶的工作出了问题,我想 |
[1:33:56] | Well, I must say, he conducts his affairs very oddly. | 我必须说,他处理事务的方式太怪了 |
[1:33:59] | Coming downstairs just now, I thought I’d been transported to a bar in Marseilles. | 刚才下楼的时候,我还以为穿越到马塞的酒吧 |
[1:34:03] | Jennings? Excuse me. I’m sorry. | 詹宁斯? 哦,抱歉 |
[1:34:05] | I’m expecting a really important telephone call. | 我在等一个很重要的电话 |
[1:34:08] | – Will you get me the second it comes through? – Very good, sir. | – 接通了请你立即给我 – 好的,先生 |
[1:34:10] | Thanks, and I’d like, uh, oh, tomato and eggs. Thank you. | 谢谢,我要…蕃茄和蛋,谢谢 |
[1:34:14] | Of course, sir, but… | 当然先生,不过… |
[1:34:17] | perhaps you would prefer to choose for yourself, sir? | 也许您愿意自己挑选,先生? |
[1:34:20] | What do you mean, like cafeteria style? | 什么意思?就像是自助餐? |
[1:34:23] | The Englishman is never waited on at breakfast. | 英国人从不做早餐服务 |
[1:34:27] | Really? Well, that’s interesting. Because an American is. | 真的?哦,真有意思,因为美国人倒会做 |
[1:34:32] | I’m going to make a note of that. | 这点我要记下来 |
[1:34:36] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[1:34:38] | Good morning. | 早 |
[1:34:45] | I’d like some coffee, Jennings. | 我想要咖啡,詹宁斯 |
[1:34:48] | There it is. | 在那边 |
[1:34:50] | You haven’t made a lot of friends. | 你的人缘可不太好 |
[1:34:53] | Good. Good morning, ladies, gents. | 好啊,早上好,女士们,先生们 |
[1:34:58] | Um, I wonder–Excuse me. | 我想知道,打扰了… |
[1:35:01] | Uh, will Lady Sylvia be coming down soon? | 西尔维娅夫人会很快下来吗? |
[1:35:04] | I shouldn’t think so. She has breakfast in her room.Then she usually goes for a ride. | 我看不会,她在房里吃早餐,然后她通常会去骑马 |
[1:35:09] | Yes, but she won’t be doing that this morning, will she? | 对,但她今早不会去吧,对吧? |
[1:35:14] | Well, I see. | 哦,明白了 |
[1:35:17] | Well, in that case, I wonder, Lady Trentham, | 既然如此,我想,特伦萨姆夫人 |
[1:35:21] | if you would be kind enough to join us for some questions. | 你能否赏脸前来解答几个问题? |
[1:35:25] | If you wish, Inspector. I’m afraid I won’t be much help, | 如你所愿,探长,我恐怕帮不上多大忙 |
[1:35:30] | but I suppose on a day like this we all have to pull our weight. | 不过我想今天这情况我们都得分担点 |
[1:35:34] | You heard that Mr. Denton made a right chump out of Mr. Jennings. | 你听说丹顿先生愚弄了詹宁斯先生? |
[1:35:37] | Never mind that. Did you hear about Sir William? | 别管这个了,你听说关于威廉爵士了么? |
[1:35:39] | Apparently he wasn’t stabbed after all. | 原来他没有被刺 |
[1:35:42] | Well, I mean, he was, but that’s not why he died. | 我是说,他被刺了,但他不是因此而死的 |
[1:35:46] | He was poisoned. | 他被下了毒 |
[1:35:48] | That’s what killed him. | 他是被毒死的 |
[1:35:49] | The inspector told Mrs. Croft. | 探长告诉了克罗福特太太 |
[1:35:51] | They don’t know why the killer stabbed him as well, but he must’ve been dead already. | 他们不知道凶手为何还要刺他,但那时他已死了 |
[1:35:56] | That’s why there was no blood. | 因此才没有血 |
[1:35:58] | Dead bodies don’t bleed, you know. | 死尸不会流血,你知道 |
[1:36:01] | Trust Sir William to be murdered twice. | 相信威廉爵士被谋杀了两次 |
[1:36:05] | Of course he wasn’t murdered. Not that sort of murder. | 他当然不是被谋杀的,不是那种谋杀 |
[1:36:10] | Some ruffian broke in thinking the library was empty. | 某个混混闯进来,以为书房没人 |
[1:36:15] | Sir William surprised him and paid the price for it. | 威廉爵士吓到他了,结果赔上了命 |
[1:36:19] | And very tragic it is too. | 这也真是悲剧 |
[1:36:20] | I can’t see that, Mr. Jennings. I mean. | 这我不同意,詹宁斯先生 |
[1:36:22] | I don’t think ruffians go about poisoning people and then stabbing the corpses. | 我认为小混混不会对人下毒,然后插尸体一刀 |
[1:36:26] | Apart from anything else, | 且不说别的 |
[1:36:28] | they’re usually in a hurry to get away, aren’t they? | 他们通常都忙着逃走,不是吗? |
[1:36:31] | What are you suggesting? | 你有何高见? |
[1:36:32] | I’m not suggesting anything. It’s just– | 我没有高见,只是… |
[1:36:33] | Just what? | 只是什么? |
[1:36:35] | Well, it looks to me like Sir William was killed deliberately, that’s all. | 照我看,威廉爵士是被蓄意谋杀,就这样 |
[1:36:40] | No wonder they’re not letting any of us go. | 难怪他们不放我们出去 |
[1:36:43] | Tough luck on whoever’s got any secrets to hide. | 心里藏有秘密的人可惨了 |
[1:36:49] | Now they’ve cancelled the shooting, | 现在他们取消了打猎 |
[1:36:50] | muggins here has got to pull a luncheon for God knows how many out of the hat. | 这里一帮笨人得为天知道多少人做午餐 |
[1:36:54] | – Is Her Ladyship back yet? – No. | – 夫人回来了? – 没 |
[1:36:56] | Then she’ll have to take what she gets. | 那她只能有什么吃什么了 |
[1:36:59] | Why would anyone want to kill Sir William? | 为何有人要杀威廉爵士? |
[1:37:01] | Well, he wasn’t exactly Father Christmas. | 他可不是什么圣诞老人 |
[1:37:04] | Get on with your work. | 继续工作 |
[1:37:06] | And take that filthy dog out of here. | 把那只邋遢狗赶出去 |
[1:37:10] | He made a few enemies in his time, that’s all. | 当年他也许有几个敌人,就这样 |
[1:37:12] | What do you mean, enemies? When? | 你是说什么敌人?几时? |
[1:37:14] | Is this before the war, Mrs. Croft | 在战前吗,克罗福特太太? |
[1:37:16] | when you were a factory worker? | 当时你是工人? |
[1:37:18] | I was not a factory worker. I was never a factory worker. | 对不起,我那时不是工人,我从没做过工人 |
[1:37:22] | I was a cook in one of his factories. | 我那时是厨师,在他的一间工厂里 |
[1:37:24] | He had two in Isleworth and two in Twickenham, | 他有两间在艾尔沃斯,有两间在特维根纳姆 |
[1:37:27] | and all full of girls. So you can imagine. | 全都是女工,你可想而知 |
[1:37:29] | Wasn’t that risky with factory girls? Suppose they complained? | 跟工厂女孩没有风险吗?要是她们投诉呢? |
[1:37:32] | Who to, exactly? | 向谁投诉呢? |
[1:37:34] | But what if they got, you know, in trouble? | 如果她们有了…那个,麻烦呢? |
[1:37:38] | – What sort of trouble? – Here, take these. Whites only, all right? | – 什么样的麻烦? – 给,拿走,记住只要蛋白 |
[1:37:42] | Didn’t happen very often. | 不经常出事 |
[1:37:43] | When it did, he arranged to have it adopted. | 真出了问题,他会找人领养 |
[1:37:48] | But what if you didn’t want it adopted? | 假如你不想被人领养呢? |
[1:37:50] | – Say you wanted to keep it. – Then you got kicked out, lost your job. | – 假如说想自己养呢? – 那你就被踢出去,丢掉工作 |
[1:37:53] | You can take my word for it, he was a hard-hearted, randy old sod. | 记住我的话,他是个硬心肠的好色老鬼 |
[1:37:57] | I see. | 我明白 |
[1:38:00] | Ah, come in, Miss Maceach– | 进来,麦基伦小姐 |
[1:38:02] | I ‘m Inspector Thom– | 我是探长汤… |
[1:38:03] | This is all too tiresome and absurd. He’s making the most dreadful fuss. | 这真是无聊又荒唐,他一个劲地小题大作 |
[1:38:07] | If you don’t mind, I would like to ask the young lady some questions. | 你不介意的话,我想问这位小姐几个问题 |
[1:38:10] | Well, I’m not leaving, if that’s what you think. | 我不会走的,你想得美 |
[1:38:14] | Well, does it bother you if Lady Trentham stays? | 特伦萨姆夫人在场会打扰你吗? |
[1:38:17] | Why should it? | 怎么会呢? |
[1:38:18] | Sir, someone’s traipsed a load of mud in down here. | 长官,有人在这里留下泥脚印 |
[1:38:21] | Not now, Dexter, please. | 现在不行,德斯特,拜托 |
[1:38:24] | I understood there was some… | 我了解到有一些… |
[1:38:26] | difficulty between the late Sir William McCordle and your employer. | 纠纷,在已故威廉·麦克多爵士与你雇主之间 |
[1:38:29] | This is too vulgar to be believed. | 真庸俗,难以置信! |
[1:38:31] | I wasn’t aware of that, sir. They got on well as far as I could see. | 这我没觉察到,就我所见他们相处偷快 |
[1:38:35] | – You were not conscious– – Inspector, there’s a broken coffee cup down here. | – 你没意识到… – 探长,底下有个碎咖啡杯 |
[1:38:37] | Dexter, they have people to clear these things up. | 德斯特,他们自然有人清理 |
[1:38:39] | You get on with your own job, will you? | 你管你份内的工作,好吗? |
[1:38:44] | So you were not aware of any trouble over the matter of an allowance? | 所以你对津贴的问题一无所知? |
[1:38:48] | An allowance, I might add, that Sir William’s death has now made secure. | 这笔津贴,我补充一句,因威廉爵士之死得到了保障 |
[1:38:54] | What sort of an allowance would that be, sir? | 是哪一种津贴啊,长官? |
[1:39:05] | Ah, there you are. | 啊,你在这里 |
[1:39:08] | Have you got enough light? | 你这光线够吗? |
[1:39:10] | Black on black? We don’t want you going blind on top of everything else. | 黑布加黑线,最重要的是我们不希望你瞎掉 |
[1:39:15] | They’ve got to be done, Mr. Jennings, but the outside staff | 必须做的,詹宁斯先生,外边的工作人员… |
[1:39:18] | need them for the funeral, you know. | 参加葬礼要穿,你知道的 |
[1:39:20] | I’m sorry that this business with Elsie has landed you with so much work. | 抱歉埃尔茜的事,给你添了这么多工作 |
[1:39:25] | That’s what comes of being so reliable. | 这就是能者多劳 |
[1:39:27] | Never mind me. | 别替我担心 |
[1:39:29] | Mr. Jennings, have you–have you spoken to the police again? | 詹宁斯先生,你跟警察二次谈过话吗? |
[1:39:35] | Not yet, no. | 还没有 |
[1:39:37] | I suppose they have to ask their questions, don’t they have to? | 我想他们有些固定问题是必须问的,对吧? |
[1:39:42] | Well, yes. | 是啊 |
[1:39:44] | Will they be talking to all of us? | 他们会不会…跟我们所有人谈话? |
[1:39:49] | I shouldn’t think so, no. | 我想不会吧 |
[1:39:52] | Well, I’ll leave you to it, then. | 那我就不打扰你了 |
[1:39:54] | Mr. Jennings. | 詹宁斯先生… |
[1:39:57] | You know– You know I’d say anything you want me to. | 你知道…你要我讲什么我都会讲 |
[1:40:03] | – What? – Anything at all. I don’t care what I tell them | – 什么? – 什么都行,我不在乎跟他们说什么 |
[1:40:06] | if it’ll help you. Y-Y-You know that, don’t you? You’ve only to ask. | 只要能帮你,明白我的意思吧?你只需提出要求 |
[1:40:28] | So, let me, uh, let me pour you a cup of tea, eh? | 那么,让我给你倒杯茶? |
[1:40:31] | Yes, thank you. Would you mind putting the milk in afterwards? | 谢谢,请你…稍后再放牛奶 |
[1:40:36] | Of course. Of course. Don’t know what came over me. | 当然当然,我这是怎么了 |
[1:40:38] | I usually put the milk in after, but on that occasion– | 通常我是后放牛奶的,刚才… |
[1:40:41] | – Sir. – Not now, thank you. | – 长官 – 现在不行,谢了 |
[1:40:43] | So sorry. | 真对不起 |
[1:40:44] | On, but Mrs. Inspector Thompson prefers the milk in first, so I get used to pouring it for her. | 不过,汤普森探长太太喜欢先放牛奶,所以我习惯给她倒了 |
[1:40:49] | I don’t know why. Some nonsense about bacteria. | 我不知道原因,什么细菌之类的废话吧 |
[1:40:52] | You know what women are like–Well, what wives are like. | 你知道女人就…哦,做妻子的就这样 |
[1:40:55] | No, she’s a funny old–Sugar? | 唉,她是个老古…加糖? |
[1:40:58] | No, thank you. | 不,谢谢 |
[1:40:59] | Of course they’ll give her a good reference. | 他们当然会给她好的推荐信 |
[1:41:01] | Otherwise they’d have to explain why they’re giving her a bad one. | 否则就得跟人解释为什么不好 |
[1:41:06] | – Mr. Parks. – Robert. | – 帕克斯先生 – 叫我罗伯特 |
[1:41:09] | Robert, then. | 好,罗伯特 |
[1:41:11] | It’s just…last night when you said you’d surprise me, | 那个…昨晚你说会做惊吓我的事 |
[1:41:17] | you didn’t mean anything by it, did you? | 你当时不是来真的,对吧? |
[1:41:20] | Why? Don’t you like surprises? | 怎么?你不喜欢惊喜? |
[1:41:22] | Where shall we begin? Yes– | 我们该从哪开始?对… |
[1:41:24] | Oh, Mr. Stockbridge. | 哦,斯托布里奇先生 |
[1:41:27] | By now I assume you are all aware… | 这当儿我相信你们都得知… |
[1:41:30] | that, uh, Mr. Denton has been playing a trick on us by posing as a valet. | 丹顿先生一直跟我们耍宝,扮成一个随从 |
[1:41:36] | Since Sir William was aware of the plan, | 既然威廉爵士知晓此计划 |
[1:41:39] | it is not for me or anyone else to criticise it. | 我或咱们任何人都不宜深究 |
[1:41:43] | However, it does leave us with some adjustments to make for this evening. | 不过,这确实要我们对今晚做出调整 |
[1:41:47] | Um, Arthur, you will take over dressing Mr. Weissman. | 亚瑟,由你接手帮怀斯曼先生更衣,然后… |
[1:41:50] | That leaves us the problem of Mr. Novello | 剩下一个诺瓦诺先生的问题 |
[1:41:52] | and I really don’t want to ask you, Mr. Probert. | 我实在不想要求你,普罗波特先生 |
[1:41:54] | – I don’t mind, Mr. Jennings. – Oh, no, no. You’ve got enough on your plate. | – 我倒不介意,詹宁斯先生 – 不不,你事情够多了 |
[1:41:57] | I’ll do him, if you like. | 我来做吧,你愿意的话 |
[1:42:00] | Oh, that’s very generous of you, Mr. Stockbridge. | 你真宽宏,斯托布里奇先生 |
[1:42:02] | I suppose I could always do it myself, of course. | 当然,我自己可以来做的 |
[1:42:05] | It’s no trouble. It’s only for a night or two. | 不,不麻烦,不过一两晚 |
[1:42:08] | Good. Splendid. That’s settled, then. | 好,太好了,那就解决了 |
[1:42:11] | And I think we can leave Mr. Denton to dress himself. | 我想我们可以,让丹顿先生自己照顾自己 |
[1:42:16] | “The bastard’s death may have saved my bacon.” | “那混蛋的死可能救了我一命” |
[1:42:21] | What do you think he meant by that? | 你觉得他是什么意思? |
[1:42:23] | Isn’t it obvious? | 这还不明显吗? |
[1:42:25] | Is it? | 是吗? |
[1:42:26] | Well, perhaps he meant that the investment that Sir William had agreed would probably have to be paid now | 可能他是指,威廉爵士答应的投资现在可以由… |
[1:42:32] | Sir. | 长官 |
[1:42:32] | What about that low shot that nearly killed him that morning they were out? | 那天早上在外面,低射的一枪差点射死他是怎么回事? |
[1:42:36] | – Sir. – What is it? | – 长官 – 什么事? |
[1:42:38] | We haven’t dusted those things for fingerprints yet. | 我们还没在上面刷粉取指纹呢 |
[1:42:41] | Good. | 好 |
[1:42:42] | Do you think that shot might have been intended for Sir William? | 你认为那一枪可能是针对威廉爵士的吗? |
[1:42:46] | Well, it nearly took his ear off. | 哦,几乎打掉他的耳朵 |
[1:42:50] | Well, thank you, Mr. Barnes. You’ve been most helpful. | 谢谢你巴恩斯先生,你极有帮助 |
[1:42:52] | Perhaps you’d be good enough to ask Commander Meredith to join us just now. | 现在你可否请梅尔蒂斯中校进来 |
[1:42:56] | You-You won’t tell him what I said, will you, Inspector Thomas? | 你,你不会把我的话告诉他吧,托马斯探长 |
[1:43:00] | Thompson. It’s Inspector Thom– | 汤普森,是探长汤… |
[1:43:03] | Never mind. Just go and fetch him up, please. | 算了,请去叫他进来 |
[1:43:09] | Sir. | 长官 |
[1:43:15] | We’ve only got this. | 我们只有这个 |
[1:43:16] | I don’t think mine’s bothered. She hasn’t got any black here. | 我们那位倒不在乎,她没带黑衣服来 |
[1:43:20] | We’ve got some new ones. | 我们有几件新的 |
[1:43:22] | You’re a lech. You know that? | 你是个色鬼,知道吗 |
[1:43:23] | George? | 乔治? |
[1:43:25] | They’re coming in a minute. The dressing bell’s just gone. | 他们这就到,更衣铃刚响过 |
[1:43:27] | I’m going out of my mind. I’ve read all my magazines twice. | 我快疯了,每本杂志都看过两次 |
[1:43:30] | You couldn’t pinch something out of the library for me? | 可否替我从书房弄几本? |
[1:43:33] | I don’t care if it’s Horse and Hound, as long as I haven’t read it. | 就是《马与犬》我也不管,只要没读过 |
[1:43:41] | Well, we are honoured. | 哇,我们真荣幸 |
[1:43:43] | In case you’ve forgotten, this is the servants area, sir. | 怕您忘了,这里是仆从区,先生 |
[1:43:46] | Yours is at the top of the stairs behind that door, sir. | 你属于楼梯顶上的门后面,先生 |
[1:43:49] | Barnes, it was just a– | 巴恩斯,这只是… |
[1:43:51] | I wanted to explain. | 我想解释 |
[1:43:52] | No explanation necessary, Mr. Denton. | 不必解释,丹顿先生 |
[1:43:54] | If you’ll excuse us, some of us have got real work to do. | 请您原谅,我们有真正的工作要干 |
[1:43:57] | Come on, Arthur. | 来吧,亚瑟 |
[1:43:58] | The accent was a dead give away, you know. We all knew. | 口音就是死穴,你知道,我们早知道了 |
[1:44:01] | Robert, I was just having fun. | 罗伯特,我不过觉得好玩 |
[1:44:02] | Well, then perhaps you’d better enjoy your fun in the drawing room, sir. | 也许你还是该去客厅好好玩,先生 |
[1:44:08] | They’re afraid you’ll repeat things, be indiscreet. | 他们怕你乱说话,不慎重 |
[1:44:11] | But I’m very discreet. In Hollywood, that’s what I’m known for– | 我非常慎重,在好莱坞我为人称道的就是… |
[1:44:15] | my discretion. | 我的慎重 |
[1:44:20] | Tell Rupert if you like. He won’t give you any money. | 随你告诉鲁伯特,他不会给你钱的 |
[1:44:22] | – No, you’re completely misunderstanding me. – And Mummy wouldn’t pay five pounds to save me– | – 不,你完全误会了 – 妈妈也不会花五英镑来救我 |
[1:44:28] | Oh, my poor darling. Come here. Come on. | 我可怜的亲亲,过来 |
[1:44:32] | Look, please don’t think that I’m enjoying this. All I wanted was a job. | 别以为我喜欢这样,我不过是想要份工作 |
[1:44:37] | My chequebook’s downstairs. | 我的支票簿在楼下 |
[1:44:39] | I’ll give you a check after dinner. | 晚饭后我开支票给你 |
[1:44:46] | I’m trying to find my man Parks. Have you seen him? | 我想找我的随从帕克斯,见到他吗? |
[1:44:49] | Uh, no. I’ve been with the police. | 没有,刚才我和在警察一起 |
[1:44:51] | You look as if you’ve had rather a pasting. | 看样子你蛮遭罪的 |
[1:44:53] | They kept on and on about that low shot yesterday. | 他们一直在问昨天那打低了的一枪 |
[1:44:57] | They wouldn’t let it go. | 他们就是不肯放过 |
[1:44:59] | I told them it was nothing to do with me. | 我告诉他们那跟我无关 |
[1:45:01] | I’d rarther sure you did. But another time, Anthony, try to be less greedy. | 我愿意肯定你没有,但安东尼,下次尽量少贪心一些 |
[1:45:04] | – Parks! – What? | – 帕克斯 – 什么? |
[1:45:07] | Attend to Mr. Novello first. I want a word with Her Ladyship. | 你先侍候诺瓦诺先生,我要跟夫人说句话 |
[1:45:10] | Very well, milord. | 好的,老爷 |
[1:45:11] | – What? – I saw you. | – 什么? – 我看见你了 |
[1:45:14] | Of course it was an accident. | 当然那是意外 |
[1:45:16] | When a man is as short as you, it must be very difficult to gauge the height of the birds. | 一个像你这么矮的人,一定很难估算鸟的高度 |
[1:45:27] | Mr. Meredith. | 梅尔蒂斯先生 |
[1:45:29] | – You haven’t seen Commander Meredith anywhere, have you? – No. | – 你没有在哪里见到梅尔蒂斯中校吗? – 没有 |
[1:45:32] | I mean he never came downstairs and he’s not in his room. | 他没下楼,也不在房中 |
[1:45:35] | Mr. Jennings, I’ve washed him and dressed him. | 詹宁斯先生,我已服侍他梳洗更衣 |
[1:45:37] | If he can’t find his way to the drawing room, it isn’t my fault. | 要是他找不到去客厅的路,可不是我的错 |
[1:45:40] | If you’ve finished with that, go and see Mrs. Croft. | 做完后去见克罗福特太太 |
[1:45:50] | Oh, I-I’m so sorry, sir. I didn’t mean to disturb you. | 真对不起,先生,我不是有意打扰的 |
[1:45:53] | No, no, no, please. I’m just trying some of your jam. | 不不,没事,我只是在尝你的果酱 |
[1:45:58] | I must be in your way. | 我一定妨碍你了 |
[1:46:00] | No, no. No, no. No bother. | 没有没有,没妨碍 |
[1:46:04] | What one is that, sir? | 那是哪一种,先生? |
[1:46:08] | Um, it’s raspberry. October 31. | 是覆盆子,10月31日的 |
[1:46:11] | You might like to try the, um… | 你或许可以试试… |
[1:46:14] | strawberry one. | 草莓的 |
[1:46:15] | Oh, is that strawberry? | 哦,有草莓的吗? |
[1:46:16] | Let’s see. Ah, yes. | 咱们找找,好! |
[1:46:22] | You all right, sir? | 你没事吧,先生? |
[1:46:25] | Just been with the inspector and… | 我刚见过探长 |
[1:46:28] | I feel a little bruised. | 我感觉有点受伤 |
[1:46:42] | Why is it, would you say, that some… | 你看这是为什么,有些… |
[1:46:45] | people seem to get whatever they want in life? | 有些人一辈子似乎要什么有什么? |
[1:46:49] | Everything they touch turns to gold. | 他们点石成金 |
[1:46:53] | Whereas others can strive and strive and have nothing. | 然而其他人却努力再努力…一无所获 |
[1:47:00] | I wonder, do you believe in luck? | 我想知道,你信运气吗? |
[1:47:04] | Do you think some men are lucky and some men just aren’t… | 有些人好运,有些人就是……没运气 |
[1:47:12] | nothing they can do about it? | 对此无能为力 |
[1:47:13] | I believe in love. Not just getting it. Giving it. | 我相信爱,不单被爱,还要付出 |
[1:47:18] | I think as long as you can love somebody, whether or not they love you, | 我认为只要你能爱某人,不管对方爱不爱你 |
[1:47:21] | then it’s worth it, | 那就值得了 |
[1:47:23] | and– | 而且… |
[1:47:33] | That’s a good answer. | 答得好 |
[1:47:37] | Uh, I think I’ve got to go. Must have finished dinner by now. | 我想我得走了,现在晚餐一定结束了 |
[1:47:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:47:47] | I thought the wine was frightful tonight. Vile. | 我觉得今晚的酒真恶劣 |
[1:47:49] | Jennings, old boy | 詹宁斯,老伙计 |
[1:47:52] | I’ll have a bourbon. | 给我来杯波本 威士忌 |
[1:47:54] | We don’t have bourbon. We have ordinary Scotch or single malt. | 我们没有波本,只有普通或单麦威士忌 |
[1:47:58] | Ordinary for me. I’m just an American. | 给我普通的,我不过是个美国人 |
[1:48:01] | Who cares? We know you here. | 谁管呢?我们知道你 |
[1:48:05] | Look, I understand that this is not an ideal time, but I would like to see you again. | 我知道这时间不合适,可我想再见见你 |
[1:48:11] | Mabel is so clever to travel light. | 梅布尔轻装旅行很聪明 |
[1:48:14] | Why should one wear a different frock every evening? We’re not in a fashion parade. | 人干嘛要每晚换衣服,又不是时装展览 |
[1:48:19] | No, and I wouldn’t want to be. | 对,而且我也不想 |
[1:48:21] | – Excuse me. – Difficult colour, green. | – 请原谅 – 绿色很难穿好 |
[1:48:24] | What did she say? | 她说什么? |
[1:48:25] | Mmm. Very tricky. | 嗯,很难办 |
[1:48:27] | – Isobel. – Excuse me. | – 伊莎贝尔 – 请原谅 |
[1:48:31] | It sort of draws you. | 有点拖累你 |
[1:48:35] | I’ll have another look at it. | …我要再看一下 |
[1:48:38] | Oh, how this tune used to make me cry. | 这首歌曾经把我听哭 |
[1:48:40] | – Yeah, I’d like almond. – Certainly, sir. | – 好,我来点杏仁的 – 当然,先生 |
[1:48:45] | – Who’s on this? – Your husband. | – 轮到谁做庄? – 你丈夫 |
[1:48:49] | – I promise you I can pay back every penny. -Just take it. | – 我保证悉数还给你 – 拿走吧 |
[1:48:53] | Your bid. | 你叫牌 |
[1:48:54] | I must say, | 我必须说 |
[1:48:56] | your guests sleep in much more comfortable beds than your servants. | 你的宾客,比你的仆人睡得舒服多了 |
[1:49:03] | – Excuse me. – Excuse me. | – 请原谅 – 对不起 |
[1:49:06] | What did Isobel give to you? What did Isobel give to you? | 伊莎贝尔给你什么?伊莎贝尔给你什么? |
[1:49:08] | – Don’t make a scene here. – Tell me! | – 别弄得难看 – 告诉我! |
[1:49:11] | No more lies, Freddie. | 别再说谎了,弗雷迪 |
[1:49:12] | Ivor dear. Would it be possible to play something more cheerful? | 艾弗亲爱的,有没有可能弹些轻松的? |
[1:49:16] | We’re all quite emotional enough as it is. | 我们都够伤感的了 |
[1:49:19] | – Give it to me. – What? | – 给我! – 什么啊? |
[1:49:21] | – Give it to me. – No. | – 给我! – 不 |
[1:49:22] | Excuse me. | 请原谅 |
[1:49:22] | Freddie, stop all your lies. | 弗雷迪,停止你的谎言吧 |
[1:49:26] | If you don’t give it to me, I will scream this house down. | 不给我,我会尖叫到房子倒塌 |
[1:49:29] | – You don’t believe me, try me. – Anthony, there you are. | – 不信你就试试 – 安东尼,你在这里 |
[1:49:31] | – Where have you been? – I | – 你去哪儿了? – 嗯,我 |
[1:49:33] | You know, you’ve missed dinner. We can organise a tray for you if you like. | 你错过了晚餐,愿意的话我们给你弄个餐盘… |
[1:49:36] | I don’t want anything, thank you. | 我什么都不要,谢谢 |
[1:49:39] | Try buying yourself a new frock with that. | 那就试试给自己买件新衣服吧 |
[1:49:45] | – We gave up, Louisa dear. – Oh. Right. | – 我们放弃了,露易莎 – 哦,好 |
[1:49:47] | I’m so, so sorry. | 非常非常抱歉 |
[1:49:50] | Mmm, no coffee, George, but I’ll have a– | 不要咖啡,乔治,我要… |
[1:49:52] | I do apologise, sir. Can’t imagine how that happened. | 真抱歉,先生,我不知道是怎么了 |
[1:49:54] | You son of a bitch. You did that on purpose! | 你这婊子养的,你故意干的! |
[1:49:57] | Shall I fetch you a towel, sir? | 要我给你那条毛巾吗,先生? |
[1:50:06] | Dear, I want you to do it right now, right here. | 亲爱的,此时此刻我想要你再吻一次 |
[1:50:10] | Arthur. Clean this up, will you. | 亚瑟,清理一下 |
[1:50:16] | They were fishin’ parts of her body out the Thames from Richmond to Rotherhithe. | 对,他们在泰晤士河捞起她的尸块,从里奇蒙德到罗瑟西德 |
[1:50:20] | Some more tea, Constable? | 还要茶吗,巡官? |
[1:50:21] | I ‘l I take that. Thank you, Bertha. | 让我来,谢谢你,伯莎 |
[1:50:24] | Go on. | 继续说 |
[1:50:26] | No head. No hands. Unfortunately, the body had no distinguishing marks. | 没有头,没有手,不幸的是,尸体没有明显特征 |
[1:50:29] | What’s the point in that, Mr Probert? Won’t it all be chucked out? | 何必麻烦,普罗波特先生?不是全部丢掉吗? |
[1:50:31] | I’ll know. I’ve left everything in good order. | 我知道,我要一切井井有条 |
[1:50:34] | That’s all I can do for him now. | 现在我只能为他做这些了 |
[1:50:36] | – Yeah, but he won’t– – Hey, leave him alone. | – 没错,但他不会… – 嘿,别烦他 |
[1:50:38] | George has had his revenge on Mr. Denton– | 乔治对丹顿先生报仇了 |
[1:50:41] | hot coffee in the lap. | 热咖啡泼膝盖 |
[1:50:44] | – Oh! – Poor Mr. Denton. | 可怜的丹顿先生 |
[1:50:45] | Constable, I’m glad I caught you. | 巡官,找到你真好 |
[1:50:48] | I assume the inspector won’t keep everyone beyond tomorrow, but I thought I’d better check with you. | 我估计探长明天不会再让大家留着了,不过我最好跟你确认一下? |
[1:50:52] | Well, we haven’t spoke to all the servants yet, so… | 我们还没问完所有仆人,所以… |
[1:50:54] | Ah, there you are, Dexter. Come on, we’re going home. | 啊,你在这儿,德斯特,走,我们回家 |
[1:50:57] | I was just asking the Constable how long our guests will be staying. | 我正在问巡官,我们的客人还会留多久 |
[1:50:59] | Mrs. Croft has all these meals to arrange, and I know one of the housemaids is anxious to get away. | 克罗福特太太要安排所有的膳食,而且有个女佣急于离开 |
[1:51:03] | I don’t think there’s any need to worry about that. | 我觉得这没必要担心 |
[1:51:05] | I’m not interested in the servants. | 我对仆人没有兴趣 |
[1:51:07] | Only people with a real connection with the dead man. | 我只要跟与死者真正有关的人 |
[1:51:10] | I see. Thank you. | 明白了,谢谢 |
[1:51:12] | Do you have a light, Inspector? | 有火吗,探长? |
[1:51:17] | Yes, I think we can let them all go home, to be honest. | 老实说,我看可以让他们都回家了 |
[1:51:19] | I’ve got their addresses, after all. | 毕竟,我已让他们留下地址 |
[1:51:22] | Constable Dexter will be here tomorrow morning to confirm that. | 德斯特巡警明早会来核对 |
[1:51:25] | Don’t you worry. It doesn’t end here. Oh, no. | 但你们别担心,不会就此完结,不会 |
[1:51:28] | Whoever he is, I’ll find him. | 不管是谁,我会找到他的 |
[1:51:31] | I always do. | 我一向能 |
[1:51:33] | Inspector. Your matches. | 探长,你的火柴 |
[1:51:35] | Yes. Thank you. | 好,谢谢 |
[1:51:40] | Uh, sir, I think you’ll find it’s this way. – Yes, yes, yes. | – 呃,长官,我想应该是这边 – 对,对对 |
[1:51:43] | Well, yes, we could use this one. | 对,我们可以走这边 |
[1:51:44] | There is, I think, a way out that way, but.. | 我想这边跟那边不同,不过… |
[1:51:47] | yeah, we’ll take your way. | 按你的走吧 |
[1:52:04] | Ohh! Beg your pardon, sir. | 请你原谅,先生 |
[1:52:05] | Just collecting Mr. Nesbitt’s shoes, sir. | 我来拿内斯比特先生的鞋 |
[1:52:18] | I think you’ll find these stairs are the easiest way up, sir. | 我想你会发现这边楼梯更方便,先生 |
[1:52:21] | – Thank you, uh– – George, sir. | – 谢谢,呃… – 乔治,先生 |
[1:52:24] | George. | 乔治 |
[1:52:31] | You naughty, naughty girl. | 你这淘气姑娘! |
[1:52:37] | Poor bloke. | 可怜的小子 |
[1:52:39] | We were in the ironing room the other night | 那晚我们在洗熨房 |
[1:52:41] | and one of the visiting maids walked in. | 有个访客的随从走进来 |
[1:52:43] | Must think I did it on purpose. | 他一定以为我故意的 |
[1:52:46] | – You won’t tell, will ya? – I won’t tell. | – 你不会说出去吧? – 我不会说 |
[1:52:48] | But you’re lucky you’re in the kitchen and not under Mrs. Wilson. | 不过你运气好,在厨房,不归威尔逊太太管 |
[1:52:51] | She’d have sniffed you out without any help from me. | 她会嗅出你来,我可帮不了 |
[1:53:07] | Do you think Sir William was in love with you? | 你认为威廉爵士爱你吗? |
[1:53:10] | Nah. I was a bit of fun, that’s all. | 不,我不过是点小乐子,就这样 |
[1:53:15] | And you? | 你呢? |
[1:53:19] | I didn’t love him. I didn’t mind him, but… | 我不爱他,我不介意他,但是… |
[1:53:24] | I liked the way he’d talk. | 我喜欢他说的话 |
[1:53:25] | He’d only talk to me because he was sick of her, but I liked it. | 他跟我说话只因为讨厌她,但我喜欢这样 |
[1:53:30] | He used to say to me I could be anything I wanted… | 他曾经说,我想成为什么人都行 |
[1:53:33] | as long as I wanted it enough. | 只要我真的想做 |
[1:53:37] | You’re not sorry, then? Even after the way things have turned out? | 那么你不后悔?即便事情变成这样? |
[1:53:40] | Nah, I’m not sorry. | 不,我不后悔 |
[1:53:43] | It’s time for a change. | 是时候改变了 |
[1:53:45] | Who knows? Could be the makin’ of me. | 谁知道呢,可能就此成就我 |
[1:53:48] | What did he used to say? Carpe diem. Seize the day. | 他曾经说过什么:及时行乐,把握当下 拉丁语 |
[1:53:58] | What’s up? | 怎么了? |
[1:54:00] | What did I say? Where are you going? | 我说错什么了?你去哪里? |
[1:54:11] | Who is it? | 是谁? |
[1:54:15] | What are you doing? | 你干什么? |
[1:54:25] | You’d better go back to your room. You don’t want to get caught in here. | 你最好回自己房间去,可不能在这儿被抓到 |
[1:54:31] | You didn’t really dislike him, did you? | 你不是真的不喜欢他,对吧? |
[1:54:35] | Not really. | 不是真的 |
[1:54:38] | At least not enough to kill him. | 起码没讨厌到要杀他 |
[1:54:48] | You can’t have. | 你不会的 |
[1:54:51] | You didn’t know him. | 你不认识他 |
[1:54:53] | You’d have to hate him. And why would you? | 你就是要恨他,为什么呢? |
[1:54:58] | Can’t a man hate his own father? | 一个人不能恨自己的父亲吗? |
[1:55:07] | Sir William McCordle… | 威廉·麦克多爵士 |
[1:55:10] | was my father. | 是我父亲 |
[1:55:15] | He didn’t know it, | 他不知道 |
[1:55:17] | but he was. | 但他确实是 |
[1:55:22] | You said you were an orphan. | 你说过你是孤儿 |
[1:55:23] | No, I didn’t. I said I grew up in an orphanage. | 不,我没说,我说我在孤儿院长大 |
[1:55:34] | Not long before I left, a group of us broke in to the warden’s office one night and took out our files. | 我离开前不久,有一晚我们几个人潜进院长室拿出我们的档案 |
[1:55:40] | I found my birth certificate. Mother’s name, father unknown. | 我找到我的出生证明,有母亲姓名,父亲未知 |
[1:55:44] | Found this photograph. And they had my admission form. | 找到这张相片,他们还有我的入院表格 |
[1:55:49] | I was two days old. Guess who brought me to the door. | 我那时两天大,猜谁送我进去的 |
[1:55:53] | – Robert, that doesn’t mean that he– – Yes, it does. | – 罗伯特,那不表示他… – 当然是 |
[1:55:59] | After that, I found out she worked in one of his factories. | 之后,我查出她在他的一间工厂工作 |
[1:56:04] | She wasn’t the only one, apparently. | 她不是唯一一个,显然 |
[1:56:08] | Either the authorities didn’t know, or they didn’t want to know. | 院方要么不知道,要么不想知道 |
[1:56:10] | They took his babies and they took his money. | 他们收下他的婴儿,也收下他的钱 |
[1:56:16] | What happened to your mother? | 你母亲呢? |
[1:56:20] | She died. | 她死了 |
[1:56:26] | Is that why you took the job with Lord Stockbridge? | 所以你接受斯托布里奇老爷的工作? |
[1:56:30] | To get to Sir William? | 以便接近威廉爵士? |
[1:56:33] | To poison him? | 对他下毒? |
[1:56:35] | I didn’t poison him. | 我没有下毒 |
[1:56:38] | What? | 什么? |
[1:56:39] | I didn’t poison him. | 我没有下毒 |
[1:56:43] | But then you didn’t kill him. | 那么你没有杀他! |
[1:56:47] | Did you stab him? | 你用刀刺他了? |
[1:56:50] | Even if you did, he was already dead. | 就算你刺了,他那时已经死了 |
[1:56:53] | And whoever did it must have known that. No one could stab a corpse and not know it. | 不管谁干的一定知道这一点,没人会刀刺尸体而无察觉 |
[1:56:58] | Really? When was the last time you stabbed a corpse? | 真的吗?你上次刀刺死尸是什么时候? |
[1:57:04] | You really murdered him, then. | 那么你真的杀了他 |
[1:57:08] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:57:12] | I don’t care. | 我不关心 |
[1:57:36] | I’ve been wanting to do that ever since I first set eyes on you. | 从我第一眼见你就想这么做 |
[1:58:09] | Mr. Jennings? | 詹宁斯先生? |
[1:58:11] | Wilson! Mrs. Wilson. Mrs.– | 威尔逊,威尔逊太太 |
[1:58:20] | Dorothy. I need your help. | 多萝西,我需要你帮忙 |
[1:58:23] | Of course, Mrs. Wilson. Are you all right? | 好的,威尔逊太太,你没事吧? |
[1:58:28] | No one must see him like this. | 不能让人看见他这样 |
[1:58:30] | Help me. | 帮我一把 |
[1:58:33] | – Mr. Jennings? – Come on, Mr. Jennings. Come on, Mr. Jennings. | – 詹宁斯先生? – 詹宁斯先生,起来,起来 |
[1:58:35] | All right, bedtime. | 好了,该上床了 |
[1:58:37] | – All right, bedtime. – No, this way. Come on, Mr. Jennings. | – 好了,该上床了 – 不,这边,来,詹宁斯先生 |
[1:58:42] | Bedtime now, come on. | 该上床了,来吧 |
[1:58:44] | Where is r-r– | …在哪… |
[1:58:48] | Where is my reference? | 我的推荐信呢? |
[1:58:50] | You’ll get your reference. Into bed now. | 你会拿到推荐信的,现在上床,上床 |
[1:58:55] | Watch him. Watch him. | 看着他,看着他 |
[1:58:59] | Take his trousers off, Dorothy. | 脱掉他的裤子,多萝西 |
[1:59:02] | I couldn’t do that, Mrs. Wilson. I couldn’t do that. | 我不能,威尔逊太太,我不能 |
[1:59:05] | Take his trousers off. Come on. | 给他脱裤子,赶紧 |
[1:59:07] | Come on. Dorothy. | 赶紧,多萝西 |
[1:59:10] | Mrs. Sylvia is not here? | 西尔维娅夫人不在这里? |
[1:59:21] | Who is it? | 是谁? |
[1:59:22] | Oh, I’m ever so sorry, sir. | 真对不起,先生 |
[1:59:24] | Sorry for what? | 干嘛对不起? |
[1:59:25] | I’m supposed to get the fire lit without waking you. | 我点火不该吵醒你 |
[1:59:28] | Why does everyone treat me as if I were one of these stupid snobs? | 怎么大家都拿我跟那些势利的蠢货一样对待? |
[1:59:32] | I spent half the week downstairs with all of you. | 我在楼下和你们大家共事半个礼拜 |
[1:59:35] | You can’t be on both teams at once, sir. | 你不能同时站两队,先生 |
[1:59:41] | It’s official. They’re off after breakfast. | 定了,他们早餐后走 |
[1:59:43] | Thank God for that. What about him? | 谢天谢地,他呢? |
[1:59:46] | He’s going too, as soon as he’s seen Mr. Jennings. | 他也走,见过詹宁斯先生就走 |
[1:59:50] | Are you all right, Mrs. Croft? You sound a bit funny. | 你没事吧,克劳福德太太?声音有点哑 |
[1:59:53] | Oh, just too many fags, that’s all. | 就烟抽太多了而已 |
[1:59:55] | They’ll be the death of me. | 我会死在这上头 |
[1:59:56] | Here, you finish it. | 给,你做完它 |
[1:59:59] | Did you tell the police any of that stuff in the end? | 你最后跟警察说过哪一件丑事吗? |
[2:00:01] | I did not. I’m sorry if I shock you but | 没有,抱歉让你惊讶了,不过… |
[2:00:03] | the plain fact is, he only got what he deserved. | 简单来说,他不过是罪有应得 |
[2:00:07] | There. I’ve said it. | 对,我说出来了 |
[2:00:10] | I can’t stop thinkin’ about those girls. | 我不停想着那些女孩们 |
[2:00:13] | The ones that got, you know– | 那些怀上…你知道的 |
[2:00:15] | Well, I’m not surprised, the way you carry on. | 我并不惊讶,以你的作风 |
[2:00:18] | Just see it never happens to you, that’s all. | 小心别弄到自己头上,就这样 |
[2:00:21] | It won’t. | 我不会的 |
[2:00:22] | And even if it did, I know I couldn’t part with my baby, | 就算会我也不可能舍弃我的孩子 |
[2:00:25] | not just to hang on to a job. | 只为了保住一份工作 |
[2:00:26] | Well, I’m very glad to hear it. | 我很高兴听到这话 |
[2:00:30] | Who is it? | 是谁? |
[2:00:32] | No, don’t mind me, Mr. Jennings. | 别,别管我,詹宁斯先生 |
[2:00:34] | Inspector Thompson’s just asked me to take one last look around. | 汤普森探长叫我最后再四处看看 |
[2:00:37] | Is the inspector with you? | 探长跟你来了吗? |
[2:00:38] | No, we’re working from the station from now on. | 没,今后我们在警局工作 |
[2:00:41] | See if we can’t manage things better from there. | 看看在那儿能否更好地分析事情 |
[2:00:44] | What about the poison? Have you traced that at least? | 毒药怎么样?至少你们追查到了吧? |
[2:00:48] | Hardly. | 几乎不能 |
[2:00:50] | This house is a poisoner’s paradise. | 这房子是投毒者的天堂 |
[2:00:53] | We found the stuff… | 我们发现这东西… |
[2:00:55] | in practically ev– | 实际上… |
[2:01:00] | every room. | 到处都是 |
[2:01:03] | Unfortunately, no one’s got a police record. | 很不幸,没有人有案底 |
[2:01:07] | Well, except you, of course. | 当然除你之外 |
[2:01:10] | Perhaps the butler did it. | 也许是管家干的 |
[2:01:23] | I had a brother who was a conscientious objector. | 我有个兄弟是良心拒服兵役者 |
[2:01:27] | He did a bit of time too. | 他也坐过一阵牢 |
[2:01:32] | Did they know upstairs you refused to fight and were sent to prison? | 楼上的人知不知道,你因不愿打仗而坐过牢? |
[2:01:38] | I’d forget about it if I were you. | 我是你就会忘掉它 |
[2:01:41] | Not everyone’s cut out to be a soldier. | 不是每个人都适合当兵 |
[2:02:08] | Did you remember the other boxes? | 另外几个箱子你没忘吧? |
[2:02:09] | Yes, everything’s in the car, milady. | 没忘,所有东西都上车了,夫人 |
[2:02:11] | Wonderful. Good. | 太好了,不错 |
[2:02:13] | Darling, here I come. | 亲爱的,我来了 |
[2:02:15] | – Do you know, I can’t wait to leave this place. – Let’s go. | – 知道吗,我急着要离开这地方 – 咱们走 |
[2:02:18] | Christ, what are we supposed to do now? | 天,现在我们该怎么办? |
[2:02:21] | Freddie, do try to stop being so frightened all the time. | 弗雷迪,别再一天到晚担惊受怕的 |
[2:02:26] | Darling, have I made the most terrible fool of myself? | 亲爱的,我是不是出了大丑? |
[2:02:28] | – Maybe. But you are still my… – Anthony. | – 或许吧,但你仍是我的… – 安东尼 |
[2:02:34] | I wanted to remind you of the conversation we had at dinner the other night. | 我想提醒你那次晚餐咱们的谈话 |
[2:02:38] | Um, perhaps this is not the most appropriate moment, | 或者现在说有些时机不当 |
[2:02:39] | but when you get to the Sudan you’re going to need an expert, | 不过,你要是去了苏丹,你会需要专家 |
[2:02:43] | and I’m your man. | 而我就是人选 |
[2:02:47] | – Well, I want to know– – Did you ask her? | – 我想知道 – 你问过她吗? |
[2:02:49] | – No, I didn’t. – I think, on reflection, that’s a good thing. | – 没有,我没问 – 我再三考虑过,这是件好事 |
[2:02:52] | According to the servants’ hall gossip, | 根据仆人大厅传的闲话 |
[2:02:54] | she won’t get any of her estate till her mother dies. | 她母亲没死她就一分钱财产都得不到 |
[2:02:57] | – Honestly, Jeremy– – If that’s the case, it’s too long for you to wait. | – 老实说,杰里米 – 如果是这样,你要等的时间就太长了 |
[2:03:01] | You can do better. | 还有更好的嘛 |
[2:03:06] | H-Have you checked your room? | 你检查过房间没? |
[2:03:08] | You mustn’t leave anything behind. | 不要落下什么东西 |
[2:03:11] | I’m sure Mummy’s going to sell the house. | 我肯定妈妈会卖了这房子 |
[2:03:13] | Isobel. Isobel. Isobel! | 伊莎贝尔,伊莎贝尔! |
[2:03:17] | Sidney Kent’s taking over the studio. | 西德尼·肯特要接手制片厂 |
[2:03:20] | He loves Charlie Chan and he hates Winfield Sheehan. | 他喜欢陈查理,而且讨厌温菲尔德·西恩 |
[2:03:23] | – Sir. – No more rewrites, and I can cast whoever I like. | – 先生 – 不再重写剧本,我可以选喜欢的演员 |
[2:03:26] | Well, that was painless, wasn’t it? | 并不痛苦,对吧? |
[2:03:28] | No, it wasn’t. | 错,并不是 |
[2:03:30] | Not for me, anyway. | 反正不是我痛 |
[2:03:33] | Careful, careful. Watch yourself. | 小心,小心,当心点 |
[2:03:43] | Do they know? | 他们知道吗? |
[2:03:44] | – No. – Don’t you think they might notice? | – 不知道 – 你不觉得他们可能发觉吗? |
[2:03:47] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[2:03:49] | Hey, you there. Where you going? | 喂,你去哪里? |
[2:03:53] | To the station. | 去火车站 |
[2:03:54] | Hey, you want a ride to London? | 要搭顺风车去伦敦吗? |
[2:04:00] | Sure. Why not? | 好呀,干嘛不 |
[2:04:03] | – Hop in. – Thank you. | – 上车 – 谢谢 |
[2:04:09] | There you go. | 咱们走啦 |
[2:04:11] | Well, good luck. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do. | 好了,祝好运,别做什么过分的事 |
[2:04:15] | At least I know that gives me room for manoeuvre. | 至少我知道如何游刃有余 |
[2:04:21] | No, keep your hands to yourself. | 不,手脚放规矩点 |
[2:04:24] | You Brits really don’t have a sense of humour, do you? | 你们英国人真没幽默感,对吧? |
[2:04:27] | We do if something’s funny, sir. | 有好玩的事我们会的,先生 |
[2:04:29] | – Mr. Jennings, can– – Be quick about it. | – 詹宁斯先生,我能否… – 快点 |
[2:04:32] | Honestly, it’s getting so expensive, | 老实说,越来越贵了 |
[2:04:34] | by the time one does Jennings and leave something for the housemaids, | 谁要是有钱赏詹宁斯,再给女仆们留一点 |
[2:04:37] | one might as well have taken a suite at the Ritz. | 还不如去住丽兹饭店的套房 |
[2:04:41] | Tell me, what happened to William’s little maid? | 告诉我,威廉的小女佣怎么样了? |
[2:04:43] | I never saw her again after that dinner. | 那天晚餐后再没见过她 |
[2:04:46] | Elsie? | 埃尔茜? |
[2:04:47] | – She’s gone. – Ohh. That’s a pity, really. | – 她走了 – 可惜了,真的 |
[2:04:50] | Thought it was a good idea to have someone in the house who’s actually sorry he’s dead. | 这房子里有人真为他的死而难过也是好事 |
[2:04:56] | Oh, there you are, dear. Did you have a nice ride? | 你来了,亲爱的,骑马开心吗? |
[2:04:58] | I’m feeling rather guilty. Apparently everyone’s gone, | 我感觉蛮内疚的,大家都走了 |
[2:05:01] | apart from you and Louisa. | 除了你和露易莎 |
[2:05:03] | Why don’t you stay for lunch? | 何不留下吃午餐? |
[2:05:04] | No. I must be off. Leave you in peace. | 不了,我得走了,还你平静 |
[2:05:09] | Now, you will–you will telephone about the funeral plans, mmm? | 葬礼安排你会打电话的吧? |
[2:05:14] | – You don’t have to come if it’s a bore. – Nonsense. Of course I’m coming. | – 要是觉得烦心你不必来 – 乱说,我当然来 |
[2:05:18] | – Have you decided what you’re going to do about this place? – Oh, I don’t know. | – 你决定好拿这地方怎么办了吗? – 我不知道 |
[2:05:23] | Will you keep it? | 你会留着它吗? |
[2:05:25] | It’s so difficult. | 太难了 |
[2:05:28] | I mean, does one really want the bother nowadays? | 我说,如今还有谁要找这麻烦? |
[2:05:33] | I suppose I could shut it up and | 我觉得可以先关闭一阵 |
[2:05:35] | make a decision when my head stops spinning. | 等我脑子不乱时再做决定 |
[2:05:38] | Mrs. Wilson could manage till you’re ready. | 威尔逊太太可以先帮你管着 |
[2:05:41] | Oh, yes, she could manage, all right. Let’s not worry about that. | 对,她可以管,这点不用担忧 |
[2:05:44] | No doubt she’ll seize the opportunity to get rid of the wretched Mrs. Croft. | 毫无疑问她会抓住这机会,除掉卑鄙的克罗福特太太 |
[2:05:48] | Why are those two such enemies? | 这俩人为何如此敌对? |
[2:05:50] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[2:05:52] | Something to do with when they were both workers in one of William’s sweatshops. | 跟她们以前都在威廉的血汗工厂工作有关 |
[2:05:55] | Mrs. Croft was the senior then. She was the cook. | 那时克罗福特太太较资深,是厨师 |
[2:05:58] | And Mrs. Wilson a lowly factory worker. | 威尔逊太太是低下的工人 |
[2:06:01] | Now that she’s got up in the world, poor old Croftie can’t abide it. | 现在她爬上来了,可怜的老克罗福特受不了 |
[2:06:05] | The usual rubbish. | 肮脏的老套 |
[2:06:07] | Was there ever a Mr. Wilson? | 有威尔逊先生这个人吗? |
[2:06:09] | – I can’t imagine it. – Nor could I. | – 我不能想像 – 我也不能 |
[2:06:12] | Although, funnily enough, I think there must have been. | 不过,说来真怪,我觉得一定有 |
[2:06:15] | Really? You amaze me. | 真的?你让我吃惊了 |
[2:06:18] | She might have changed her name, but when she was working with William | 她也许改过名字,她跟威廉打工的时候 |
[2:06:21] | she was called something quite different– | 她的名字完全不同 |
[2:06:23] | Parks or Parker or Parkinson or… | 帕克斯、帕克还是帕金森 |
[2:06:27] | something like that. | 诸如此类 |
[2:06:32] | Come in. | 进来 |
[2:06:36] | You’re busy. | 你在忙 |
[2:06:37] | No, no, I was just checking the linen rotation. | 不,我在清点亚麻织品 |
[2:06:38] | If I’d have left it to the maids, the same 20 sheets would be used till they fell into rags. | 要是留给女佣做,同样的20条床单会被反复用成抹布 |
[2:06:53] | Why did you do it? | 你为何那么做? |
[2:07:02] | How did you know it was him? | 你怎么知道是他? |
[2:07:05] | Was it the name, or did you see the photograph in his room? | 是因为名字,还是你看见他房间里的照片? |
[2:07:08] | Ah, yes, the photograph. | 哦,对了,那张照片 |
[2:07:11] | It’s a miracle that survived. | 能保存是奇迹 |
[2:07:13] | I remember his mother putting it into his blanket. | 我记得他母亲把它放进他的毯子里 |
[2:07:16] | I suppose she wanted him to have something of hers. | 我想她是想给他留点自己的东西 |
[2:07:19] | Does he know what happened to her? | 他知道她怎么样了吗? |
[2:07:22] | They said she died just after he was born. | 他们说生下他就死了 |
[2:07:26] | Well, she didn’t die. She gave him away. | 她没死,她送走了他 |
[2:07:32] | He promised the boy would be adopted. He said he knew the family. | 他保证说这孩子会被收养,他说他认识这家人 |
[2:07:35] | Turns out we all clung to that dream, | 到头来我们都纠结于那一个梦 |
[2:07:38] | all us girls. | 我们这些女孩子 |
[2:07:40] | A better start in life for our children. | 我们孩子人生有个更好的开端 |
[2:07:44] | And all the time he was dumping them | 一直以来他都扔掉他们 |
[2:07:46] | his own children, in some godforsaken place. | 他自己的孩子,扔到那些为神厌弃的地方 |
[2:07:50] | And I believed him. | 而我相信了他 |
[2:07:53] | I suppose it was easier that way. My sister certainly never forgave me for it. | 我看这样还好些,我姐姐当然为此永不原谅我 |
[2:07:59] | Your sister? | 你姐姐? |
[2:08:00] | Yes, Mrs. Croft. She’s my sister. Didn’t you know? | 对,克罗福特太太,是我姐姐,你不知道? |
[2:08:03] | She kept hers, you see. | 瞧,她留下了自己的孩子 |
[2:08:05] | It was very hard for her. She lost her job, and then the baby died anyway. | 她过得很艰难,丢了工作,后来孩子也死了 |
[2:08:09] | Scarlet fever. | 猩红热 |
[2:08:12] | I made him take her back. She never forgave me for that either. | 我逼他让她回来,这事她也永不原谅我 |
[2:08:16] | But even if Robert is your son, | 可即便罗伯特是你儿子 |
[2:08:19] | how did you know that he meant to harm his father? | 你怎么知道他意图伤害他父亲? |
[2:08:23] | What gift do you think a good servant has that separates them from the others? | 你知不知道是什么天赋让一个好仆人脱颖而出? |
[2:08:28] | It’s the gift of anticipation. | 是先知先觉的天赋 |
[2:08:31] | And I’m a good servant. I’m better than good. I’m the best. | 我是个好仆人,我好上加好,是最好的 |
[2:08:34] | I’m the perfect servant. | 我是完美仆人 |
[2:08:36] | I know when they’ll be hungry and the food is ready. | 我知道他们何时饿,饭就做好 |
[2:08:38] | I know when they’ll be tired and the bed is turned down. | 我知道他们何时困,床就铺好 |
[2:08:41] | I know it before they know it themselves. | 我比他们更早知道 |
[2:08:48] | Are you going to tell him? | 你打算告诉他吗? |
[2:08:52] | Why? What purpose would it possibly serve? | 为什么?那能起什么作用呢? |
[2:09:00] | What if they find out what happened? | 要是他们理清了发生的事呢? |
[2:09:02] | Not much of a crime to stab a dead man, is it? | 行刺一个死人算不上犯罪,对吧? |
[2:09:06] | They can never touch him. That’s what’s important– his life. | 他们永远不能碰他,这是最重要的——他的人生 |
[2:09:11] | And your life? | 你的人生呢? |
[2:09:14] | Didn’t you hear me? I’m the perfect servant. I have no life. | 你没听见吗?我是完美仆人,我没有人生 |
[2:09:23] | Her Ladyship’s leaving now, miss. | 夫人要起行了,小姐 |
[2:09:25] | Thank you, George. | 谢谢你,乔治 |
[2:09:32] | Well, you should go now, Miss Trentham. | 你该走了,特伦萨姆小姐 |
[2:09:39] | She’s the last one now. | 她是最后一个了 |
[2:09:51] | – Here you are, Jennings. – Well, good-bye, Sylvia. | – 给你,詹宁斯 – 再见,西尔维娅 |
[2:09:53] | – Good-bye. – For you. – Thank you. | – 再见 – 给你 – 谢谢 |
[2:09:55] | Do let us know if there’s anything–anything we can do to help. | 有任何事我们能帮上忙的就告诉我们 |
[2:09:59] | – Are you going away? – No, not once the shooting’s finished. | – 你们要外游吗? – 不不,狩猎结束前不会 |
[2:10:03] | Thank you for your help last night. – You don’t have to thank me. | – 昨晚谢谢你 – 你不用谢我 |
[2:10:07] | You know I’d kill for Mr. Jennings if I had to. | 你知道为了詹宁斯先生我甘愿杀人 |
[2:10:36] | Don’t cry, Jane. They’ll hear you. | 别哭,珍,他们会听到 |
[2:10:43] | Come on. | 好了 |
[2:10:46] | You did what you felt was best for him at the time. | 当时你做了你觉得对他最好的事 |
[2:10:51] | I see that now. | 现在我明白了 |
[2:10:55] | Lizzie. | 莉丝 |
[2:10:57] | Lizzie. I’ve lost him. | 我失去了他 |
[2:11:00] | I’ve lost him. He’ll never know me now. My boy. | 我失去了他,现在他永远不会知道我了,我的儿子 |
[2:11:04] | Oh, my boy. | 我的儿子 |
[2:11:07] | Well, at least your boy is alive. | 起码你儿子活着 |
[2:11:10] | He’s alive. | 他活着 |
[2:11:13] | That’s what matters. | 这是最要紧的 |
[2:11:31] | So, you’re leaving. | 你们要走了 |
[2:11:33] | Yes. | 对 |
[2:11:38] | Good-bye then. | 那么再见 |
[2:11:42] | – Good-bye. – Parks. | – 再见 – 帕克斯 |
[2:11:47] | – Good-bye, my dear. – Get in, Bennett. – Chin up, chin up. | – 再见,亲爱的 – 进来,本宁特 – 振作些 |
[2:11:53] | – What a relief to be going. – What time is it, Jennings? | – 终于要走了 – 几点了,詹宁斯? |
[2:11:56] | It’ll take me a month to recover. | 我得一个月才能恢复过来 |
[2:11:58] | – Oh, Mary. Dear – 12:35, milady. | – 梅丽,亲爱的 – 12:35,夫人 |
[2:12:01] | Do you think if there’s a trial I might have to testify? | 你觉得会不会有审讯,我也许要去作证? |
[2:12:05] | in court? Or you? | 在法庭上,或者你? |
[2:12:07] | I can’t think of anything worse. | 我想不到比这更糟糕的事了 |
[2:12:09] | Imagine a person being hanged because of something one said in court. | 想想,一个人因为某人在法庭上说了某事就被吊死 |
[2:12:15] | I know. And what purpose could it possibly serve anyway? | 是呀,那又能起什么作用呢? |
[2:12:28] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[2:12:50] | 主题曲就是餐后艾弗·诺瓦洛演唱的 《宜有之地 The Land Of Might-Have-Been》 | |
[2:12:53] | Somewhere, there’s another land. | ♪ 在某处,有另一片乐土 |
[2:12:57] | Diferent from this wold below. | ♪ 与这下面的世界不同 |
[2:13:01] | 艾弗·诺瓦洛(Ivor Novello,1893-1951) 是个真实人物 威尔士作曲家和演员 20世纪早期英国著名艺人 | |
[2:13:01] | Far more mercifully planned than the cruel place we know. | ♪ 天生仁慈,远超我们这残酷之地 |
[2:13:10] | Innocence and peace are there, all is good that is desired. | ♪ 那里纯朴平和,尽是你渴望之善 |
[2:13:10] | 片尾演员名单分组,按: 楼上贵族,客人,楼下仆佣 颇有意思 | |
[2:13:19] | Faces there are always fair | ♪ 那里的脸庞永远美丽 |
[2:13:25] | love grows never old nor tired. | ♪ 让爱滋长,不老不弃 |
[2:13:32] | We shall never find that lovely land of Might-Have-Been | ♪ 再找不到那可爱的宜有之地 |
[2:13:40] | I can never be your king nor you can be my queen. | ♪ 我不能再主宰你,你也不能主宰我 |
[2:13:49] | Days may pass and years may pass and seas may lie between | ♪ 日子可过,年月可过,大海隔中间 |
[2:13:58] | We shall never find that lovely land of Might-Have-Been | ♪ 再找不到那可爱的宜有之地 |