英文名称:The Talented Mr. Ripley
年代:1999
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:25] | If I could just go back. | 如果我能重回过去. |
[01:29] | If I could rub everything out, | 如果一切能够重来, |
[01:31] | starting with myself. | 我会从我自己开始. |
[01:35] | Starting with borrowing a jacket. | 从借一件外套开始 |
[01:38] | Oh, such fleeting paradise | 噢,稍纵即逝的天堂 |
[01:41] | Such innocent delight | 如此纯真的喜悦 |
[01:45] | To love | 为了去爱 |
[01:50] | Be loved | 被爱 |
[01:53] | A lullaby | 摇篮曲轻唱 |
[01:59] | Then silence | 随即是一片死寂 |
[02:10] | Frances, that was lovely. | 弗朗西斯,太动听了. |
[02:12] | I’m so glad. Thank you. | 我很荣幸,谢谢. |
[02:14] | Congratulations. | 恭喜. |
[02:16] | Marvelous.Most enjoyable. | 太棒了.非常优美. |
[02:19] | Herbert Greenleaf.My wife, Emily. | 赫伯特·格林立夫.这是我的妻子,埃米莉. |
[02:22] | Thank you.Tom Ripley. | 谢谢.汤姆·瑞普雷. |
[02:23] | – How do you do ? – You were at Princeton. | – 你好吗? – 你以前在普林斯顿. |
[02:26] | Most likely you’ll know our son,Dick. Dickie Greenleaf. | 你很有可能认识我的儿子,迪克,迪克·格林立夫. |
[02:29] | I couldn’t help noticing your jacket. | 我一眼就注意到了你的外套. |
[02:31] | Yes. | 是的. |
[02:32] | Class of’56. | 56届的. |
[02:36] | How is Dickie ? | 迪克现在还好吗? |
[02:39] | We’ve enjoyed meeting you. | 很高兴与见你. |
[02:41] | I do hope that you’ll come out and see us. | 我希望你以后能常来看看我们. |
[02:44] | – Thank you. That’s very kind. – Both of you. | -谢谢.你们实在是太好了. -二位都很好. |
[02:47] | – Herbert ? – Yes, yes. I very much hope so. | -赫伯特? -是啊,是啊.我也很希望如此. |
[02:50] | Of course, Dickie’s idea of music is jazz. | 当然,迪克喜欢爵士. |
[02:53] | – Oh, dear. – He has a saxophone. | -噢,是吗. -他有个萨克斯管. |
[02:56] | To my ear,jazz is just noise. | 在我听来,爵士根本就是噪音. |
[02:59] | Just an insolent noise. | 不过是些靡靡之音. |
[03:01] | – Very nice to meet you. – And you. | -很高兴见到你. -我也一样. |
[03:04] | – Sir. – We’ll see you at the shipyard. | -先生. -我们在船厂见. |
[03:06] | – I hope to. – Good. | -我也很期待. -很好. |
[03:09] | I have to run !I’m very late ! | 我得赶快了!已经迟到了! |
[03:13] | – Ah, you were great ! – You were great. | – 噢,你们简直太棒了! – 你也很棒. |
[03:17] | Darling couple,aren’t they ? | 令人羡慕的一对,不是吗? |
[03:20] | Yes, they are.Exceptional young man. | 是啊.出色的年轻人. |
[03:25] | – Thanks a lot for the jacket. – Thanks for filling in for me. | -非常感谢你的外衣. -非常感谢替我出场. |
[03:27] | Take care of that wrist.Bye, Fran. | 小心袖口.再见,弗朗. |
[03:37] | Believe me.Buy I.B.M. now, before it splits. | 相信我.现在买下I.B.M.股,在它崩盘之前. |
[03:40] | You’ll make yourself a fortune. | 你肯定能大赚一笔的. |
[03:42] | You think so ? | 你真这么认为? |
[04:20] | Sorry.Sorry. | 对不起.对不起. |
[04:23] | Sorry. | 对不起. |
[04:25] | You’ve probably heard Dickie’s been living in Italy. | 你可能也听说过迪克一直在意大利. |
[04:28] | Mongibello.South of Naples. | 蒙吉.在那不勒斯南部. |
[04:31] | No kind of place at all. | 一个不知名的小地方. |
[04:33] | – Good morning, sir. – Frank. | -早上好,先生. -弗兰克. |
[04:35] | Marge,his young lady, | 玛吉,她的女朋友, |
[04:39] | is supposedly writing some kind of book. | 好像是在写什么书. |
[04:41] | God only knows what he does. | 只有上帝知道他到底在干吗. |
[04:43] | By all accounts, they spend the whole time on the beach or in a sailboat. | 据说他们成天呆在沙滩和游艇上. |
[04:47] | That’s my son’s talent..spending his allowance. | 那就是我儿子的才能..花钱如流水. |
[04:51] | Could you ever conceive of going to Italy, Tom ? | 你能否考虑去趟意大利,汤姆? |
[04:54] | Persuade my son to come home ? | 劝我儿子回来? |
[04:59] | I’d pay you… | 我会付你酬劳的… |
[05:01] | a thousand dollars. | 1000美元. |
[05:06] | Well, I have always wanted to go to Europe, sir, but… | 是这样,我一直希望能去欧洲看看,先生,但是… |
[05:10] | Good. Now you can go for a reason. | 很好.现在你有了去那里的理由. |
[05:29] | Count Basie. | 康特贝希. |
[05:31] | Duke Ellington ?I don’t know. | 杜可艾林顿? 我听不出来. |
[05:37] | I don’t know. | 我听不出来. |
[05:41] | I don’t know. | 我听不出来. |
[05:49] | Dizzy Gillespie. | 迪兹-吉利斯帕. |
[05:52] | My funny Valentine | 我有趣的情人 |
[05:56] | My funny Valentine. | 我有趣的情人. |
[05:58] | -Sweet, funny Valentine | -我甜蜜有趣的情人 |
[06:02] | I don’t even know if this is a man or a woman. | 我连这是个男人还是个女人都听不出来. |
[06:22] | Charlie Parker ? | 查里帕克? |
[06:24] | Charlie Parker.I know it. It’s Bird. | 查里帕克.我知道,是《伯德》这张专辑. |
[06:30] | Yes ! | 对了! |
[06:56] | – Here. I’ll take it. – Thanks. | -来,我来拿. – 谢谢. |
[06:59] | That thousand bucks should come in handy. | 1000美元唾手可得. |
[07:01] | – Yes, sir. – I’ll get that. | – 是啊,先生. – 我来开. |
[07:08] | – Thank you. – Sir. You’re gonna have a great trip. | – 谢谢. – 先生,你的旅途会很愉快的. |
[07:13] | Mr. Greenleaf is personal friends with the Cunard people. | 格林立夫先生和科纳德公司老板是老友. |
[07:21] | I can tell you, the Greenleaf name opens a lot of doors. | 告诉你,格林立夫这个名字可是很管用的. |
[08:02] | – Do you speak English ? – What you name, please ? | -你会说英语吗? -请问你的名字是? |
[08:06] | – Ripley. – Follow me. No problem. | -瑞普雷. -跟着我吧.没问题. |
[08:08] | – Here, Signor Ripley. – Okay. | -这儿,瑞普雷先生. -好的. |
[08:12] | Uh, there.That one. | 嗯,那儿.那个. |
[08:14] | – This one. – Wait, is that all ? Count them. | -这个. -请等一下,都齐了吗?点点看. |
[08:17] | Attenzione.Just one suitcase, Signor Ripley ? | 呆会见.就一个箱子,瑞普雷先生? |
[08:19] | – Si. – Attenzione. | -是的. -当心点. |
[08:38] | – What’s your secret ? – Excuse me ? | -你的秘诀是什么? -什么? |
[08:41] | No, it’s just that..You are American, aren’t you ? | 不,我的意思是..你是个美国人,是吗? |
[08:44] | No, it’s just that– | 不,我是说– |
[08:46] | I have so much luggage,and you’re so, um, streamlined. | 我有那么多行李,而你却,嗯,轻装上阵. |
[08:51] | It’s, you know,humiliating. | 这,你知道,我都有点不好意思了. |
[08:55] | I’m Meredith,by the way. | 顺便自我介绍一下,我叫梅瑞迪斯. |
[08:57] | – Hello, I’m Dickie. – Meredith Randall. | – 你好,我叫迪克. – 梅瑞迪斯·兰德尔. |
[09:02] | – Um, Dickie Greenleaf. – Hello. | -嗯,迪克·格林立夫. -你好. |
[09:07] | You’re not the shipping Greenleafs. | 你不是造船大亨格林立夫家的吧. |
[09:10] | Oh, trying not to be. | 哦,想不是来着. |
[09:13] | Trying to jump ship. | 想跳船来着. |
[09:14] | So, uh, did they put your cases in the wrong pile ? | 那么,嗯,他们刚刚把你的行李放错了地方吗? |
[09:18] | It’s just that, uh, you were in the “R” stand. | 只不过,嗯,你刚才在”R”那一栏. |
[09:22] | I thought I saw you there. | 我好像看到你在那儿了. |
[09:26] | My father wants me back in New York. | 我的父亲想让我回纽约. |
[09:29] | He builds boats.I’d rather sail them. | 他造船.我宁可乘船. |
[09:32] | So I travel under my mother’s name. | 所以我以我母亲的姓来登记. |
[09:35] | – Which is… – Emily. | -你母亲叫… -埃米莉. |
[09:38] | I’m just kidding. | 开个玩笑而已. |
[09:42] | You know,the funny thing is, | 你知道,很有趣的一件事, |
[09:44] | I’m not Randall either. | 我也不是姓兰道尔. |
[09:48] | I’m Logue. | 我姓罗吉. |
[09:50] | – As in… – As in the textile Logues. | – 是… – 是从事纺织业的罗吉. |
[09:53] | Trying to shrug off the dress. | 想抛开这个行当. |
[09:56] | – I travel under my mother’s name too. – Randall. | -我也是以我母亲的姓旅游的. -兰道尔. |
[09:58] | Right. | 是的. |
[10:00] | – Oh. – So, Rome, Rome, Rome. – Oh. | – 那么,罗马,罗马,罗马. |
[10:04] | – We’re partners in disguise. Bye. – Bye. | -我们看起来还挺配的.再见. -再见. |
[11:25] | “The fiancée has a face. “ | “未婚妻有张脸. “ |
[11:52] | Bird. | 伯德. |
[11:57] | “This is my face. “ | “这是我的脸. “ |
[12:33] | So I guess you didn’t look at my new chapter. | 我猜你没还看过我新写的一章. |
[12:36] | I will, Marge.I promise. | 我会的,玛吉.我保证. |
[12:39] | It’s just been too hot. | 不过是太热了. |
[12:50] | If I make dinner at my place tonight,maybe you could look at it then. | 如果我今晚我为你做晚餐,你可以顺便看看. |
[12:53] | Dickie Greenleaf? | 迪克格林立夫? |
[12:55] | – Who’s that ? – It’s Tom. Tom Ripley. | -你是? -汤姆,汤姆·瑞普雷. |
[12:59] | Tom Ripley ? | 汤姆瑞普雷? |
[13:01] | – We were at Princeton together. – Okay. | -我们在普林斯顿是同学. -是吗. |
[13:04] | Did we know each other ? | 我们认识? |
[13:08] | Hello.Well, I knew you, so… | 你好.呃,我认识你,所以… |
[13:10] | I suppose you must have known me. | 我猜你也该认识我. |
[13:14] | Princeton’s like a fog. | 普林斯顿是一团雾. |
[13:16] | America’s like a fog. | 美国也是一团雾. |
[13:19] | This is Marge Sherwood.Tom…Sorry, what is it ? | 我叫玛吉·舍伍德.汤姆…对不起,贵姓? |
[13:23] | – Ripley. – How do you do ? | -瑞普雷. -你好吗? |
[13:24] | How do you do, Marge ? | 你好,玛吉? |
[13:28] | – What are you doing in Mongi ? – Nothing. | -你在蒙吉干吗? -没什么. |
[13:30] | Nothing much. | 没什么事. |
[13:32] | Just passing through. | 不过是经过而已. |
[13:34] | – Passing through ? – Yeah. | -经过? -是呀. |
[13:37] | You’re so white. | 你可真白. |
[13:42] | Did you ever see a guy so white, Marge ? | 你看见过这么白的男人吗,玛吉? |
[13:44] | Gray, actually. | 灰色,事实上是. |
[13:46] | It’s just an undercoat. | 就像件内衣一样. |
[13:49] | – Say again ? – You know, a primer. | -再说一遍? -你知道,刚入门. |
[13:55] | That’s funny. | 真有趣. |
[13:57] | Margie likes that ’cause she’s so white too. | 玛吉喜欢皮肤白的人,因为她自己就很白. |
[14:00] | Yes, I do,and you’re not funny. | 是呀,我是很白,而你一点也不幽默. |
[14:02] | You should come and have lunch with us before you go. | 在你走之前请务必来和我们共进午餐. |
[14:04] | – Yes, Dickie ? – Sure, anytime. | – 好吗,迪克? – 当然,什么时候都可以. |
[14:07] | Well, | 很好, |
[14:09] | coincidence. | 真是巧啊. |
[14:16] | I don’t remember him. | 我一点也不记得他. |
[14:18] | That’s so funny. | 真够搞笑的. |
[14:26] | Silvana ! Hey ! | 希尔维那!嗨! |
[14:30] | I’ve been looking all over for you. | 我到处找你. |
[14:33] | Where’ve you been hiding ? | 你躲哪儿去了? |
[14:35] | Today you’re looking for me. Where’ve you been the rest of the week ? | 今天你倒找我来了.剩下一星期都死哪儿去了? |
[14:38] | You’re always working.Come on. Get on. | 你总在工作. 来吧.上来. |
[14:41] | With the American girl ? | 和那个美国女孩在一起? |
[14:44] | – Hold on to me. – I hate you. | -抓紧我. -我恨死你了. |
[14:46] | – Huh ? – I hate you! | -啊? -我恨死你了! |
[14:51] | Did you suddenly forget where I lived? | 你是不是连我住哪里都忘了? |
[14:53] | I know. I’m late.I’m a swine. | 我知道了.我来晚了.我是一头猪. |
[14:55] | – It’s 4:00. – I just woke up. | -四点了. -我刚起床. |
[14:57] | – Ohh. – I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | -哦. -我很抱歉.对不起. |
[15:00] | – You just woke up. – Fausto and I took the boat out. | – 你才起床. – 福斯托和我出去划船了. |
[15:03] | We were fishing, and then it was dawn,and we caught absolutely nothing. | 我们去打鱼,天才刚亮,我们什么都没捕到. |
[15:06] | Mmm, yes, well,we ate everything without you. | 嗯,是吗,那好,我们没等你一起吃饭. |
[15:11] | – We ? – Yes. | – 我们? – 是啊. |
[15:13] | – Tom Ripley’s here. – Who ? | -汤姆·瑞普雷来了. -谁? |
[15:18] | – Tom. Hello. – Hi. | -汤姆.你好. -你好. |
[15:21] | -Hello. -How are you? Thought you’d disappeared. | -你好. -你还好吧? 我们以为你失踪了呢. |
[15:24] | – We were gonna send out a search party. – No. | -我们都想派个搜索队去找你了. -没有. |
[15:27] | No, still here. | 没有,还在这儿呢. |
[15:29] | Tom was telling me about his journey. | 汤姆在和我谈论他的旅途. |
[15:31] | Made me laugh so hard I almost got a nosebleed. | 我笑得鼻血都要喷出来了. |
[15:35] | – Is that good ? – Shut up. | – 那不是很爽? – 闭嘴. |
[15:39] | I’m sorry.I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉.我很抱歉. |
[15:42] | I’m despicable.But I love you. | 我是很可耻.不过我爱你. |
[15:44] | – Do you love me ? Do you love me ? – I’m intruding. | -你爱我吗?你爱我吗? -我煞风景了. |
[15:47] | Can you mix a martini ? | 你能替我调杯马提尼酒? |
[15:52] | – Sure. – I’ll do it. | – 当然. – 我去吧. |
[15:56] | – Ohh. – I make a fabulous martini. | – 哦. -我调的马提尼酒很棒. |
[16:03] | Everybody should have one talent. What’s yours ? | 每个人都应该有一样才能.你的是什么? |
[16:07] | Forging signatures, | 伪造签名, |
[16:09] | telling lies, impersonating practically anybody. | 撒谎,模仿别人. |
[16:12] | That’s three. Nobody should have more than one talent. | 超过三样了.没有人应该拥有一种以上的才能. |
[16:17] | Okay,do an impression. | 好吧,来试试看. |
[16:20] | – Now ? – Yeah. | – 现在? – 是啊. |
[16:22] | The only talent my son has… | 我儿子唯一的一项才能就是… |
[16:25] | is for cashing his allowance. | 花钱如流水. |
[16:30] | – What ? – Oh, I like to sail. | – 什么? -哦,我喜欢航行. |
[16:32] | Believe me,I love to sail. | 相信我,我喜欢航行. |
[16:34] | – Instead, I make boats. – Stop ! | – 真的,我造船. – 住嘴! |
[16:36] | – Other people sail them. – It’s too much ! | – 其他人乘它们远航. – 够了! |
[16:39] | You’re making all the hairs on my neck stand up. | 你让我浑身起鸡皮疙瘩. |
[16:41] | Oh, yes. Jazz.Oh, jazz. Let’s face it. | 哦,是啊.爵士.哦.爵士.让我们看看. |
[16:44] | It’s just, uh–It’s just insolent noise. | 那不过是,那不过是–那不过是靡靡之音罢了. |
[16:48] | I feel like he’s here. | 好像他真来了一样. |
[16:50] | Horrible, like the old bastard’s here. | 太可怕了,就像那个老混蛋真来了似的. |
[16:53] | Good. | 太棒了. |
[16:54] | That’s brilliant. | -太棒了. |
[16:56] | Brilliant !How do you know him ? | -太棒了!你是怎么认识他的? |
[16:58] | Oh, I met him in New York. | 噢,我和他在纽约见过面. |
[17:00] | Marge !Marge, this is scary. | 玛吉!玛吉,真是太吓人了. |
[17:03] | You’ve got to hear this.Meet my father, | 你得来听听.见过我父亲, |
[17:05] | Herbert Richard Greenleaf 1. | 赫伯特·理查德·格林立夫一世. |
[17:07] | Pleasure to meet you.Dickie’s made a fine catch. | 很高兴见到你迪克的眼光不错. |
[17:11] | – Uncanny ! – I know Emily thinks so. | -真不可思议! -我知道埃米莉一定也是这么想的. |
[17:13] | – I don’t get it. – It’s uncanny. | -我弄不明白. -太不可思议了. |
[17:16] | Could you ever conceive of going to Italy, Tom, | 你能不能考虑去一趟意大利,汤姆, |
[17:19] | and, uh, bringing him back ? | 然后,嗯,把他带回来? |
[17:22] | – What ? – I’d pay you. | -什么? -我会付给你酬劳. |
[17:25] | If you would go to Italy, | 如果你愿意去意大利, |
[17:27] | persuade my son to come home,I’d pay you a thousand dollars. | 劝我儿子回家来,我会付给你1000美金. |
[17:33] | I’m never going back. | 我绝不会回去. |
[17:35] | To actually hire somebody to come all the way here… | 还雇人大老远地跑这儿来… |
[17:38] | to drag me back home… | 把我拉回去… |
[17:40] | Got to be a little insane, doesn’t he ? | 肯定是神经有点毛病了,是不是? |
[17:42] | – Ciao, Fausto.- | – 你好,福斯托. |
[17:48] | – This is Tom. – Ciao, Tom. | -这位是汤姆. -你好,汤姆. |
[17:53] | – I’m never going back. – No, I think… | -我绝不会回去的. -不过,我想… |
[17:56] | Your mother, her illness,I think that’s… | 你母亲,她的病,我觉得那样有点… |
[17:58] | It’s got nothing to do with my mother. | 这和我妈妈一点关系都没有. |
[18:01] | She’s had leukem…This is what makes me boil about him. | 她有白血病…这更让我厌烦他. |
[18:05] | He wants me back.He wants me back. | 是他想让我回去.是他想让我回去. |
[18:08] | It’s got nothing to do with my mother. | 这和我母亲一点关系都没有 |
[18:10] | – Look, I don’t know… | 你看,我不明白… |
[18:11] | Go back.Go back to New York. | 回去.回纽约去. |
[18:13] | Or call him, if you can find a telephone that works, | 要么就给他打个电话,如果你能找得到可用的电话, |
[18:15] | and tell him wild horses wouldn’t drag me back to him or his shipyard. | 告诉他就是野马也不能把我拉回他跟他那个船坞那儿去. |
[18:22] | – Hi, Tom. – Hi. | -嗨,汤姆. -嗨. |
[18:25] | Marge, Tom’s saying good-bye. | 玛吉,汤姆来告别. |
[18:27] | Oh, I’ll come down. | 噢,我来了. |
[18:31] | So, uh, did you speak to my father ? | 那么,嗯,你和我爸爸说过了吗? |
[18:33] | Oh, you were right…about the telephones. | 哦,你是对的…关于电话. |
[18:36] | – I told you. – There are no lines. | – 我告诉过你. – 根本连电话线都没有. |
[18:38] | – There’s some problem. – That’s Italy. | – 没问题. – 这就是意大利. |
[18:43] | Tom. You’re off ?What are your plans ? | 汤姆.你要走了?你有什么打算? |
[18:46] | Oh, back, I suppose,as slow as I can. Oh ! | 哦,回去,我想,越慢越好.噢! |
[18:50] | This bag ! | 这个破包! |
[18:54] | Hey.You like jazz. | 嗨.你喜欢爵士. |
[18:58] | I love jazz. | 我爱爵士. |
[19:01] | This is the best. | 这是最好的. |
[19:03] | Baker, Rollins. | 贝克尔,罗林斯. |
[19:07] | Marge says she likes jazz,but she thinks Glenn Miller’s jazz. | 玛吉说她喜欢爵士,但是她以为格兰-米勒叫爵士. |
[19:10] | – I never said that ! – Bird. | -我可从没那么说过! -《伯德》. |
[19:12] | That’s jazz. | 这才是爵士. |
[19:15] | Bird ? Ask me the name of my sailboat. | 《伯德》? 问问我我的游艇叫什么名字. |
[19:17] | I don’t know. What’s the name of your sailboat ? | 我不知道.你的游艇叫什么? |
[19:19] | Look ! Look !Bird ! | 看啊!看啊!伯德! |
[19:21] | Which is ridiculous. Boats are female. | 这太荒谬了.船是女性化的. |
[19:24] | Everyone knows you can’t call a boat after a man. | 谁都知道你不能给一只船取个男人的名字. |
[19:28] | He’s not a man. He’s a god. | 他不是男人,他是上帝. |
[19:29] | Okay, we’re going to Naples. | 好,我们一起去那不勒斯. |
[19:30] | There’s a club…It’s not a club, it’s a cellar. | 那儿有个俱乐部…也不算是个俱乐部,是个地下室. |
[19:33] | -It’s vile. -Yes, it’s vile. You don’t have to come. | -很烂. -是的,很烂.你不一定要来. |
[19:36] | It’s great. It’s..It’s great.You’re gonna love it. | 太棒了. 太..太棒了.你会喜欢它的. |
[20:10] | How are you ? | 你好吗? |
[20:15] | Oh ! | 哦! |
[20:55] | That’d be cool.Bring him up. | 那太棒了.把他带上来. |
[21:01] | Tom Ripley ! | 汤姆·瑞普雷! |
[21:05] | Come on !Get on up here ! | 来呀!快上来! |
[21:10] | – Yeah !- | -吔! |
[21:14] | I’ll tell you when to join the chorus. | 我会告诉你从什么时候开始唱的. |
[21:16] | Come on. | 来吧. |
[21:27] | Okay.Together ! | 好.一起来! |
[22:09] | I bumped into an old friend from Princeton, | 我遇到了一个普林斯顿的同学, |
[22:11] | – a fellow called Tom Ripley.- | -一个叫汤姆·瑞普雷德家伙. |
[22:14] | He says he’s going to haunt me until I agree… | 他说他会一直缠着我直到我同意… |
[22:17] | to go back to New York… | 和他一起… |
[22:21] | with him. | 回纽约. |
[22:28] | Afternoon. | 下午好. |
[22:31] | What time is it ? | 几点了? |
[22:33] | – Oh, God. – “Go back to New York with him.” | -噢, 天. – “和他一起回纽约.” |
[22:36] | – Here… – You always type your letters ? | – 这儿… – 你总是打印信件? |
[22:41] | – That should be two T’s. – I can’t write, and I can’t spell. | -这儿应该是两个”T”. -我不会写,我也不会拼. |
[22:45] | It’s the privilege of a first-class education. | 这就是一流教育赋予的特权. |
[22:48] | Your room’s upstairs at the back. | 你的房间在后面楼上. |
[22:50] | I think Ermalinda made up the bed. Ermalinda ! | 我想厄玛琳达已经整理好了床铺,厄玛琳达! |
[22:55] | – This is so good of you. – Don’t say it again. | -你真是太好了. -别再提了. |
[23:02] | Now that you’re a double agent and we’re going to string my dad along, | 现在你是个双面间谍了,我们一起合谋来骗我父亲, |
[23:05] | what if we were to buy a car with your expense money ? | 你说我们用你的佣金买辆车怎么样? |
[23:08] | – Okay. – Great. | – 好啊. – 太好了. |
[23:11] | – Hello, Tom. – Hello. | -你好,汤姆. -你好. |
[23:12] | Marge, Marge,what do you think ? | 玛吉,玛吉,你说怎么样? |
[23:15] | Little Ciquencento with my dad’s money ? | 用我爸爸的钱买辆小车? |
[23:17] | Oh, please, Dickie.You can’t even drive a car. | 哦,拜托,迪克.你连车都不会开. |
[23:20] | – You can’t even drive. – What we need urgently is an icebox. | -你连车都不会开. -我们现在需要的是个冰箱. |
[23:23] | What do you think ? Agree with me,and I’ll be your friend for life. | 你怎么认为?同意我吧,我保证我们会成为终生的朋友. |
[23:27] | – I absolutely agree with Marge. – Hmm. | -我完全同意玛吉. -嗯. |
[23:31] | Icebox. Icebox. | 冰箱.冰箱. |
[23:46] | So, what, is he gonna move in with you ? | 那么,什么,他会搬来和你一起住? |
[23:48] | It’ll just be for a little while.He can be– He makes me laugh. | 就一段时间.他能–他能让我发笑. |
[23:53] | – Okay, darling. – Promise you’d say ? | -好吧,亲爱的. -保证? |
[23:56] | – No, I like him. – Marge, you like everybody. | -不,我喜欢他. -玛吉,你谁都喜欢. |
[24:00] | Don’t like you. | 不喜欢你. |
[24:03] | Then I’ll go to your place and you can move in with Tom. | 那我会搬去你那儿,你和汤姆一起住好了. |
[24:15] | I like him. | 我喜欢他. |
[24:17] | Marge, you like everybody. | 玛吉,你谁都喜欢. |
[24:25] | No, I like him. | -不,我喜欢他. |
[24:28] | Marge, you like everybody. | 玛吉,你谁都喜欢. |
[24:33] | Now you’ll find out why Miss Sherwood always shows up for breakfast. | 现在你知道为什么舍伍德小姐总是会在早餐时出现. |
[24:36] | It’s not love.It’s my coffee machine. | 不是爱.是我的咖啡机. |
[24:39] | Ever since Ermalinda showed him how to make his own espresso, | 自从厄玛琳达教他怎样自己煮咖啡, |
[24:42] | he feels like quite the grownup. | 他就觉得自己是成人了. |
[24:44] | -I bought the coffee machine. – Oh, darling, is that for me ? | -是我买的咖啡机. -噢,亲爱的,那杯是给我的? |
[24:47] | This is for Tom, because he didn’t complain. | 这杯是给汤姆的, 因为他不会抱怨. |
[24:49] | That ring is superb. | 那戒指太美了. |
[24:52] | Oh, Tom, I love you.See ? | 噢,汤姆,我爱你.知道了吧? |
[24:55] | Ooh ! I had to promise,capital “P,” never to take it off. | 唔!我还得很郑重地发誓,决不取下它. |
[25:00] | Otherwise, I’d give it to you. | 要不然,我会把它送给你. |
[25:01] | Isn’t it great ? I found it in Naples. | 是不是很棒? 我在那不勒斯淘到的. |
[25:03] | I had to bargain for it for about two weeks. | 我为了买下它整整还了两周的价. |
[25:06] | I hope it wasn’t cheap,Marge. | 我希望它不便宜,玛吉. |
[25:09] | – Oh, it was. – | -哦,是很便宜. |
[25:11] | I have to get a birthday present for Frances, so perhaps you could help me. | 我得为弗朗西斯买件生日礼物,也许你能帮帮我. |
[25:15] | – Who’s Frances ? – My fiancée. | -谁是弗朗西斯? -我的未婚妻. |
[25:18] | Engaged ?You’re a dark horse, Ripley. | 订婚了?你可真是出其不意啊,瑞普雷. |
[25:21] | – Who is she ? – Your parents met her. | -她是谁? -你的父母见过她. |
[25:23] | Oh, God.Oh, I can just imagine. | 哦,天啊.噢,我能想象. |
[25:27] | “If only Dickie would settle down. | “如果迪克能成家该多好. |
[25:29] | Doesn’t every parent deserve a grandchild ?” | 每一对父母都该有个孙子不是吗?” |
[25:31] | Oh, God.Never. Never. | 哦,天.决不.决不. |
[25:34] | I swear on your ring, Marge,I’m never going back. | 我以你的戒指发誓,玛吉,我永远也不回去. |
[25:39] | – Say when to pull. – Pull now. Pull. | -告诉我什么时候该拉. -现在拉.拉. |
[25:42] | It’s not pulling.I’m doing it wrong. | 那不是在拉.我做错了. |
[25:47] | – Better now, huh ? – Okay, okay, okay. | -现在好点了,嗯? -好,好,好. |
[25:49] | We’ll make a sailor of you yet. | 就由你来开船了. |
[25:51] | You’re doing really well. | 你做得很不错. |
[25:54] | – All right. Bar’s open. – Yes, please. | -好了.酒吧时间. -好,请. |
[25:57] | Hey, can we sail to Venice ? | 嗨,我们能开船去威尼斯吗? |
[25:59] | Sure. I love Venice. | 好啊.我爱威尼斯. |
[26:02] | “See Venice and die.”Isn’t that right ? Or is it Rome ? | “看到威尼斯死而无憾.”是吗? 要么应该是罗马? |
[26:05] | – Is it Rome ? – I have to see Venice. | -是罗马吗? -我得说是威尼斯. |
[26:08] | You do something and die, don’t you ?Okay. | 你做了一些事情后便死而无憾了,不是吗? |
[26:11] | Venice is on the list. | 威尼斯就是其中之一 |
[26:12] | And Rome. | 还有罗马. |
[26:15] | Do you ski ? | 你会滑雪吗? |
[26:19] | Ah, no, no.Don’t tell me. | 啊,不是吧,不是吧.别说真是这样. |
[26:22] | You’re a lost cause.That’s the next thing to deal with. | 你完了.这是接下来要做的一件事. |
[26:26] | Christmas, we’re planning a skiing trip to Cortina. | 圣诞节,我们打算去科尔蒂纳滑雪. |
[26:28] | – Excellent skiing. Excellent. Marge. – Yes ? | -很棒的滑雪.太棒了.玛吉. -什么? |
[26:31] | Unbelievable.Tom can’t ski either. | 不可思议.汤姆连滑雪都不会. |
[26:34] | – We’ll have to teach him that too. – Thank you. | -我们还得再教他滑雪. -谢谢. |
[26:39] | Such low class, Marge.Does this guy know anything ? | 太掉价了,玛吉.这家伙有没有什么会的? |
[26:43] | Good thing we’re not getting married soon. | 我们还没快结婚真是幸事. |
[26:45] | We’d have to invite Tom on our honeymoon. | 否则我们还得请汤姆和我们共度蜜月. |
[26:51] | Oh, I hated New York.That whole Park Avenue crowd. | 哦,我恨纽约.恨拥挤的帕克大道. |
[26:54] | So I fled to Paris to work on my book. | 所以我飞去巴黎打算专心写我的书. |
[26:56] | And I was always going to this cafe in Monmartre… | 我经常会去蒙特利尔的一家咖啡馆… |
[27:00] | with Jean-Jaques. | 和让-让克一起. |
[27:02] | And Dickie would play “My Funny Valentine.” | 迪克会演奏《我有趣的情人》 |
[27:05] | It was only later that I found out he only knows about six songs. | 只是我后来才发现原来他就会那六首曲子. |
[27:11] | Anyway, I looked forward to seeing him, I suppose. | 不过,我很想见见他,我想. |
[27:39] | Hey, hey, Signor Greenleaf ! | 嗨,嗨,格林立夫先生! |
[27:43] | You’re not at my place by 7.:00,Tom and I are running off together. | 你七点还没到我那儿,汤姆和我打算私奔了. |
[27:47] | – Okay, fine. – Oh, Dickie ! | -好啊,很好. -噢,迪克! |
[28:00] | Oh, hold on.Hold on. | 哦,等会儿.等会儿. |
[28:03] | Silvana, Silvana | 希尔维那,希尔维那 |
[28:07] | You make me smile | 你让我微笑 |
[28:09] | I need to talk to you. | 我得和你谈谈. |
[28:18] | – You’re breaking my ribs ! – What ? | -你快把我的肋骨压断了! -什么? |
[28:23] | You’re breaking my ribs ! | 你快把我的肋骨压断了! |
[28:28] | But don’t | 但是请不要 |
[28:31] | Change a hair for me | 为我改变一丝一毫 |
[28:37] | Not if you care | 如果你 |
[28:39] | For me | 真爱我 |
[28:44] | Stay, little Valentine | 留下,小瓦伦丁 |
[28:50] | Stay | 留下 |
[28:57] | Each day | 每一天 |
[28:59] | Is Valentine’s Day | 都是情人节 |
[29:10] | Ohh ! | 噢! |
[29:12] | I could fuck this icebox,I love it so much. | 我都能干这只冰箱了,我太爱它了. |
[29:19] | So, what did you actually do in New York ? | 那么,你在纽约是做什么的? |
[29:22] | Played piano in a few places.I told you. | 四处弹钢琴.我告诉过你. |
[29:26] | Well, that’s one job.You told me a lot of jobs. | 好,那只是一份工作.你说过你有好几份工作. |
[29:28] | Few places.That’s a few jobs. | 好几个地方.那就是好几份工作了. |
[29:31] | The mysterious Mr. Ripley. | 神秘的瑞普雷先生. |
[29:33] | Marge and I spend hours speculating. | 玛吉和我花了好些时间推测. |
[29:36] | Anyway, I don’t even want to think about New York. | 无论如何,我连想都不愿想到纽约. |
[29:39] | Are you ready ? | 准备好了吗? |
[29:42] | – Cold beer. Thank you, Dad. – Okay. | – 冰啤酒.谢谢,老爸. – 好. |
[29:47] | Copy out from here. | 从这儿开始抄. |
[29:50] | You bring this with you to Europe ? | 你把这个一起带到欧洲来了? |
[29:52] | You gonna write something ? | 你打算写吗? |
[29:53] | I love the fact that you brought Shakespeare with you but no clothes. | 我注意到你带来了莎士比亚却没带来衣服. |
[29:57] | Ermalinda says you wash out the same shirt every night. Is that true ? | 厄玛琳达告诉我你每天晚上都洗同一件衬衫,是吗? |
[30:00] | No. I have more than one shirt. | 没有.我的衬衫不止一件. |
[30:02] | She can do that for you. | 她会帮你洗的. |
[30:04] | Anyway, just wear some of my stuff. | 不过,你也可以穿我的衣服. |
[30:07] | Wear anything you want. Most of it’s ancient. | 随便穿.大多都有些旧了. |
[30:12] | Now your signature. | 现在签个名. |
[30:17] | Not Dickie.Your signature. | 不是这样迪克.你的签名. |
[30:31] | Without the glasses,you’re not even ugly. | 不带眼镜,你还挺帅的. |
[30:35] | I don’t need them because I never read. | 我不需要眼镜,因为我从来不看书 |
[30:40] | – How do I look ? – Like Clark Kent. | -我看起来怎么样? -像克拉克-肯特. |
[30:45] | – Now Superman. – Superman. | -现在是超人了. -超人. |
[30:52] | – Okay. – I know. | -好. -我知道了. |
[30:55] | It’s like a kid’s. See this, | 这像个小孩子写的.看见没有, |
[30:57] | the “S” and the “T” ? Fine, vulnerable. | 这个 “S”和”T”?看起来很脆弱. |
[31:00] | That’s pain.That’s secret pain. | 那是痛苦.那是不为人知的痛苦. |
[31:03] | Well, that must be a very deep secret, | 好啊,那一定是个隐藏的非常深的秘密, |
[31:05] | ’cause I don’t know about it. | 连我自己都不知道. |
[31:06] | Hmm. There’s nothing more naked than your handwriting. | 嗯.没有什么能比你的笔迹更能泄漏你心底的秘密. |
[31:09] | See how nothing’s quite touching the line ? | 没有字是挨着线的,看到吗? |
[31:12] | – That’s vanity. – Well, we certainly know that’s true. | -那是空虚. -呃, 我们都知道就是这样. |
[31:22] | Do you have any brothers ? | 你有兄弟吗? |
[31:25] | No. | 没有. |
[31:28] | No brothers,no sisters. | 没有兄弟,没有姐妹. |
[31:32] | Me neither. | 我也一样. |
[31:35] | Nor does Marge. | 玛吉也一样. |
[31:38] | All only children. | 都是独子. |
[31:47] | What does that mean ? | 这意味着什么? |
[31:51] | Means we’ve never shared a bath. | 意味着我们从未和人共用一个浴池. |
[31:58] | And I’m cold.Can I get in ? | 我很冷.我能进来吗? |
[32:07] | No. | 不能. |
[32:12] | I didn’t mean with you in it. | 我不是说和你一起. |
[32:18] | Okay. | 好吧. |
[32:22] | Get in. I’m like a prune anyway. | 进来吧.我也该去修修边幅了. |
[32:48] | It is me.It’s an old picture. | 这是我.不过是年代久远罢了. |
[32:50] | Every time ! “Is it you ?It doesn’t look like you.” | 每次都是这样! “是你吗?看起来不像你.” |
[32:53] | God ! | 天! |
[32:55] | Letters..Greenleaf and for Ripley. | 信..格林立夫写给瑞普雷的. |
[32:58] | Ooh. Fran. “I miss you.When are you coming home ? | 噢.弗朗. “我想念你.你什么时候回来? |
[33:01] | Stop telling me what an incredible time you’re having. | 别告诉我你在那儿过得有多开心. |
[33:04] | – How much you love Dickie. – Whoo ! | -或是你又多爱迪克. -哇噢! |
[33:06] | And Marge and Mongibello.” | 爱玛吉和蒙吉.” |
[33:09] | And this one, I think, is from your father. | 这封信,我认为是你父亲写的. |
[33:15] | – Let me see it. What does he say ? – He’s getting impatient. | -让我看看.他说了些什么? -他开始不耐烦了. |
[33:20] | He wants me to reassure him that you’re going to be home by Thanksgiving. | 他想让我保证你能在感恩节前赶回去. |
[33:25] | You’ve got to get a new jacket. Really. | 你得买件新外套了,真的. |
[33:28] | You must be sick of wearing the same clothes. | 老穿一件衣服,你一定觉得很厌烦了. |
[33:30] | I can’t. I can’t keep spending your father’s money. | 我不能.我不能老花你父亲的钱. |
[33:33] | I love how responsible you are. | 我喜欢你的责任感. |
[33:36] | My dad should make you chief accountant or something. | 我爸爸会让你做个首席会计之类的工作. |
[33:39] | Or when I take over, | 或者等我接管的时候, |
[33:40] | which is never, I will. | 我想那是不可能发生了,我聘你. |
[33:42] | Okay. When you take over,which is never, I’ll accept. | 好的. 当你接管的时候,反正遥遥无期,我接受. |
[33:46] | Let me buy you a jacket. | 让我给你买件外套. |
[33:47] | When we get to Rome, there’s a great place… | 当我们一起去罗马的时候,那儿有个极好的地方… |
[33:48] | – Battistoni. – Battistoni. | -巴蒂斯多尼. -巴蒂斯多尼. |
[33:56] | Roma, we’re taking Tom to Roma | 罗马,我们带汤姆去罗马 |
[33:59] | We’re going to a-Roma | 我们一起去罗马 |
[34:10] | Buongiorno.Nice sweater. | 早上好.漂亮的毛衣. |
[34:13] | Where do we get a carrozza for the Forum ? | 我们应该到哪儿雇辆马车去广场? |
[34:15] | – Can we just hire any of them ? – Relax. | -我们能雇他们吗? -放松点. |
[34:18] | Relax ! | 放松点! |
[34:20] | It’s just there’s so much to do in a single day. | 只是今天一天要做的事情太多了. |
[34:23] | The most important question is where to eat. | 最重要的事是我们该去哪儿吃饭. |
[34:25] | I hope Freddie made a reservation. | 我希望弗雷迪已经订好了位子. |
[34:27] | Freddie ? | 费雷迪? |
[34:29] | Freddie.Freddie Miles. | 费雷迪.费雷迪·迈尔斯. |
[34:33] | Freddie’s organizing the Cortina skiing trip. | 是费雷迪组织的科尔蒂纳滑雪游. |
[34:35] | Oh. | 噢. |
[34:37] | Oh, here he is. | 噢,他来了. |
[34:43] | – Frederico ! – Comestai ? | -弗朗西斯科! -你好吗? |
[34:50] | Oh, God, don’t you want to fuck every woman you see just once ? | 哦,天,你是不是看到每个女人都想上一次? |
[34:54] | – Only once ? – Absolutely. Once. Ciao. | – 就一次? – 当然.就一次.你好. |
[34:57] | – Tom Ripley, Freddie Miles. – Tom. | -汤姆·瑞普雷,弗雷迪·迈尔斯. -汤姆. |
[34:59] | I mean, hey, if I’m late,think what her husband’s saying. | 我是指,嗨,如果我这也叫晚,想想看她老公会怎么说. |
[35:04] | – You look gorgeous. – As always. | -你看起来棒极了. -和往常一样. |
[35:08] | So, mangiare. | 那么,吃饭. |
[35:10] | Si. I got us a table outside at Fabrizio’s. Tommy. | 好. 我在法布里兹奥订了张桌子.汤米. |
[35:13] | Outstanding. I tell you, | 太棒了.我告诉你, |
[35:15] | I’m so cabin-crazy with Mongi. | 我快被蒙吉那个小地方给困死了. |
[35:16] | I know. I was there. | 我知道,我去过那儿. |
[35:33] | Look, Tom, we got to go to a club and meet some friends of Freddie’s. | 看,汤姆,我们得去一个俱乐部见见弗雷迪的一群朋友. |
[35:36] | The best thing is, if you want to be a tourist, grab a cab now, | 如果你想去游玩,最好现在就去叫辆车 |
[35:40] | and I’ll meet you at the railway station. | 我会和你在火车站碰头. |
[35:42] | What club ? | 哪家俱乐部? |
[35:46] | Freddie’s arranged it with some of the skiing crowd. | 弗雷迪和滑雪团一些人安排的. |
[35:51] | Come if you want, but I thought you wanted to go sightseeing. | 你想来就来吧,不过我以为你想去观光. |
[35:53] | I do, and then maybe get the jacket and what have you. | 我是想,也许还会去买件外套,你说过的. |
[35:56] | Dick !You gotta hear this. | 迪克!你得来听听这个. |
[36:00] | Listen, just take one of mine when we get back. | 听着,先穿我的,等我们回来再说. |
[36:03] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[36:08] | Come on ! | 好吧! |
[36:19] | Ciao.Have fun, okay ? | 再见.玩得开心点,好吗? |
[36:34] | You said to make sure you didn’t miss the train. Leaves at 8:00. | 你说过要确定你不会错过火车,8:00发车. |
[36:40] | Have a good time. | 玩得开心点. |
[36:42] | See ya, Tommy. | 再见,汤米. |
[37:29] | If I meant anything to her | 如果我对她来说还有意义 |
[37:34] | I’d be brave, and here’s the song I’d bring to her | 我会勇敢,我将会对她唱这首歌 |
[37:38] | I’d sing to her | 我会对她唱道 |
[37:42] | May I be the only one | 也许我是唯一一个 |
[37:45] | To say I | 对她说 |
[37:48] | Really fell in love the day I | 在我第一次见到你的时候 |
[37:52] | First set eyes on you | 我就深深地爱上了你 |
[37:58] | – May I – What are you doing ? | -我能否 -你在干吗? |
[38:02] | Oh. I was just amusing myself. | 哦.我只是在自娱自乐罢了. |
[38:06] | – Sorry. – I wish you’d get out of my clothes. | -对不起. -我希望你能脱下我的衣服. |
[38:10] | Do you have my shoes on too ? | 你是不是还穿了我的鞋? |
[38:12] | You said I could pick out a jacket… | 你说过我可以先穿你的外套… |
[38:18] | Did you get undressed in your own room ? | 你能不能回你自己的房间脱? |
[38:22] | Thought you missed the train. | 我以为你错过了火车. |
[38:25] | Freddie drove me back in his car. | 弗雷迪用车带我回来的. |
[38:27] | – Is Freddie here ? – He’s downstairs. | -弗雷迪也来了吗? -他就在楼下. |
[38:31] | I was just fooling around. | 我刚刚只是在瞎胡闹 |
[38:34] | Don’t say anything.I was just fooling around. | 别再说了.我刚刚只是在瞎胡闹. |
[38:39] | Sorry. | 对不起. |
[38:43] | God. A corduroy jacket in Italy. | 天.在意大利就一件灯芯绒外套. |
[38:46] | – Good morning, Tom. – Morning. | -早上好,汤姆. -早上好. |
[38:48] | – – Come join us. | -来一起坐. |
[38:53] | Hey. I want this job of yours, Tommy. | 嗨.我也想要你这份工作,汤米. |
[38:57] | I was just saying,you live in Italy, | 我刚刚还在说,你住在意大利, |
[39:00] | you stay at Dickie’s house,you eat Dickie’s food, | 你住的是迪克的,你吃的是迪克的, |
[39:04] | you wear his clothes,and his father picks up the tab. | 你穿的是他的,他父亲还得给你付帐. |
[39:08] | If you get bored, | 如果你不想干了, |
[39:12] | you let me know, ’cause I’ll do it. | 告诉我,我来做. |
[39:15] | – I’ll do it. – To the mainland! | -我来做.-潜到底! |
[39:22] | You really should go in.It’s marvelous. | 你真应该下来.太棒了. |
[39:25] | I’m fine. | 我很好. |
[39:38] | Are you okay ? | 你还好吗? |
[39:42] | Sure. | 很好. |
[39:47] | The thing with Dickie… | 和迪克一起是这样的… |
[39:50] | It’s like the sun shines on you, and it’s glorious. | 就像是阳光为你闪耀,金光灿烂. |
[39:57] | And then he forgets you and it’s very, very cold. | 如果他遗忘了你,就会寒彻骨. |
[40:00] | So I’m learning. | 我正在学会适应. |
[40:02] | When you have his attention, you feel you’re the only person in the world. | 当他注意你时,你会感觉整个世界只属于你一人. |
[40:06] | That’s why everybody loves him. | 这就是为什么人人都爱他. |
[40:09] | It’s always the same. Whenever someone new comes into his life… | 总是这样.每当一个人进入他的生活… |
[40:13] | Freddie, Fausto,Peter Smith-Kingsley. | 弗雷迪,福斯托,彼得 史密斯-金斯利. |
[40:16] | He’s wonderful.Have you met him ? | 他是个大好人.你见过他吗? |
[40:20] | Especially you. | 特别是你. |
[40:27] | And that’s just the boys. | 这还只是男孩子. |
[40:37] | Come get him !Come get him ! | 快来抓他!快来抓他! |
[40:41] | Tell me, why is itthat when men play, | 告诉我,为什么每次男人在一起玩闹, |
[40:43] | they always play at killing each other ? | 他们总是完一些杀来杀去的游戏? |
[40:45] | He’s drowning me!He’s drowning me! | 他想淹死我!他想淹死我! |
[40:50] | I’m sorry about Cortina, by the way. | 关于科尔蒂纳的是我很抱歉,顺便说一句. |
[40:54] | What about Cortina ? | 科尔蒂纳怎么了? |
[40:56] | Didn’t…Didn’t-Didn’t Dick say ? | 他还没…迪克还没告诉过你吗? |
[41:01] | He spoke to Freddie,and-and apparently… | 他对弗雷迪说过,然而-然而明显他还没有… |
[41:04] | it’s not going to work out. | 这是行不通的. |
[41:08] | It’s because everyone else can ski, | 这是因为其他所有人都会滑雪, |
[41:10] | and it affects where you stay, | 你不会自然会产生些影响, |
[41:20] | Come on, Freddie. | 来吧,弗雷迪. |
[41:22] | At least stick around for the Festival of the Madonna. | 至少留下来过圣母节. |
[41:25] | – The whole town comes out.. – I don’t think so. | -全镇的人都会出来.. -我不这样想. |
[41:28] | I have my own, uh, Madonna back in Rome.Why don’t you come back with me ? | 我自己在罗马,嗯,有个圣母节.你不如和我一起来? |
[41:33] | A lot of ladies.Ooh. | 狂多的女人.噢. |
[41:41] | – Oh, God. – You want to take over ? | -噢,天. -你来掌舵? |
[41:43] | Yeah, sure. | 好的,没问题. |
[41:45] | Just point her at Capri.Avoid the rocks. | 就对着卡普里的方向就行了.绕过岩石. |
[41:48] | Where are you going ? | 你去哪儿? |
[41:51] | Marge maintenance. | 安抚玛吉. |
[41:53] | Aye-aye. | 是啊-是啊. |
[42:16] | Don’t. | 别. |
[42:32] | – Dickie.. – | -迪克.. |
[42:35] | Tommy.How’s the peeping ? | 汤米.偷窥的感觉如何? |
[42:40] | Tommy,how’s the peeping ? | 汤米.偷窥的感觉如何? |
[42:46] | Tommy, Tommy,Tommy, Tommy, Tommy. | 汤米,汤米,汤米,汤米,汤米. |
[44:41] | Is someone getting an ambulance ? | 就没人叫辆救护车吗? |
[44:47] | – Is someone getting an ambulance ? – | -就没人叫辆救护车吗? |
[45:19] | What’s the fight about ?That’s her fiancé, isn’t it ? | 为什么要争执?那不是她的未婚夫吗? |
[45:23] | – I don’t know. Why are you asking me ? – Are they blaming him ? | -我不知道,你干吗问我? -他们是在指责他吗? |
[45:28] | How can it take an hour to find an ambulance ? | 为什么叫一辆救护车得花一个小时? |
[45:31] | She was already dead, darling,wasn’t she ? So I suppose… | 她早就死了,亲爱的,不是吗?所以我想… |
[45:34] | I don’t know why people say this country is civilized. | 我不知道为什么人们说这个国家是个文明古国. |
[45:38] | – Dickie ! – It isn’t. It’s fucking primitive. | – 迪克! – 根本就不是.根本就是个原始社会. |
[45:43] | I’ll go see what’s the matter. | 我去看看到底是怎么回事. |
[45:45] | I’ll go. | 我去. |
[46:05] | I know why you’re upset. | 我知道你为什么伤心. |
[46:09] | I know about Silvana, Dickie. | 我知道希尔维那,迪克. |
[46:14] | I know about you and Silvana. | 我知道你和希尔维那之间的关系. |
[46:16] | What about us ? | 我们怎么了? |
[46:22] | You don’t have to clean up ! Really ! | 你不需要来收拾!不需要! |
[46:33] | – Like what ? – Forget it. | -比如什么? -算了吧. |
[46:38] | She was pregnant.Did you know that ? | 她怀孕了.你知道吗? |
[46:45] | Silvana was pregnant. | 希尔维那怀孕了. |
[46:49] | Do you know what that means in a place like this ? | 你知道这在这种地方意味着什么吗? |
[46:52] | I’m prepared to take the blame. | 我已经准备好了接受指责. |
[46:55] | – What are you talking about ? – You’ve been so good to me. | -你说什么呢? -你一直对我这么好. |
[46:59] | You’re the brother I never had.I’m the brother you never had. | 你就像是我从未有过的兄弟.我就像是你从未有过的兄弟 |
[47:04] | I would do anything for you, Dickie. | 我可以为你做任何事,迪克. |
[47:09] | She came to me for help. | 她来求我帮助她. |
[47:11] | She needed money. | 她需要钱. |
[47:16] | I didn’t help her.I didn’t help her. | 我没帮她.我没帮她. |
[47:21] | Now she’s drowned herself,and it’s my fault. | 现在她自杀了,这全是我的错. |
[47:32] | I’m not going to say anything… | 我不会说出去的… |
[47:34] | to Marge, to the police or anybody. | 包括玛吉,包括警察,任何人. |
[47:37] | It’s a secret between us, Dickie. | 这是我们俩人之间的秘密,迪克. |
[47:43] | And I’ll keep it. | 我会保守秘密的. |
[47:46] | “Dear Tom.in view of the fact Dickie shows… | “亲爱的汤姆.看到迪克在你去了之后… |
[47:49] | no more signs of coming home than before you went…” blah, blah, blah… | 并不比以前更想回家…如此这般,如此这般… |
[47:54] | Um… | 嗯… |
[47:56] | “I hope that the trip has afforded you some pleasure… | “我希望这次旅行给你带来了一定快乐… |
[47:59] | despite the failure of its main objective. | 虽然目标并没有达成. |
[48:02] | You no longer should consider yourself obligated to us in any way.” | 你也无需认为还对我们负有任何义务.” |
[48:07] | Can’t blame him. | 不能怪他. |
[48:09] | You could hardly expect this to go on forever, Tom. | 不会一直这样下去的,汤姆. |
[48:11] | Well, you can write again. | 呃, 你可以再写信. |
[48:14] | – Especially now we’re brothers. – I can’t. | -特别是我们现在已经成兄弟了. -我不能. |
[48:17] | How can l,in all decency. | 我怎么能这么做,会很丢脸. |
[48:19] | You said it yourself.It’s my dad’s money you’re spending. | 你自己说过.你在这里花的钱都是我父亲的. |
[48:22] | We’ve had a great run though, haven’t we ? | 我们玩得很开心,不是吗? |
[48:26] | Well, we’ll still go to Venice.We could stick to that plan. | 呃,我们还是要去威尼斯.我们可以按原计划去. |
[48:30] | I don’t think so, Tom. | 我不这样认为,汤姆. |
[48:32] | You can’t pay your own way, can you ? | 你无法支付旅费,不是吗? |
[48:35] | It’s time we all moved on. | 我们都该往前了. |
[48:40] | I’m sick of Mongi.Especially now, with everything.. | 我受不了蒙吉.特别是现在,当一切都.. |
[48:44] | I really want to move to the north. | 我真的很想搬去北方. |
[48:46] | I need to check out San Remo next week. | 我下星期要去圣雷默看看. |
[48:48] | Find somewhere new to keep the boat. | 给游艇找个新地方. |
[48:50] | It would be great, though, if you came with me to San Remo. | 当然,如果你能来就太好了,如果你和我一起去圣雷默. |
[48:54] | There’s a great jazz festival.We could say good-bye in style. | 哪儿有个很棒的爵士节.我们可以很体面地告别. |
[48:58] | What do you think ? | 你觉得呢? |
[49:00] | Our last trip ! | 我们最后的旅行! |
[49:08] | Sure. | 当然. |
[50:05] | Why do you do that thing with your neck ? | 你干吗老那么扭你的脖子? |
[50:07] | What thing ? | 怎么扭了? |
[50:11] | On trains, you always do that thing. | 在火车上,你老是这么干. |
[50:18] | Spooky. | 阴森森的. |
[50:21] | Spook… k.k..k.k..k.k.. | 阴森森… |
[50:29] | Spooky. | 阴森森. |
[50:53] | Oh ! | 噢! |
[50:55] | Didn’t I tell you San Remo was crazy ? | 我不是告诉过你圣雷默很疯狂? |
[50:58] | This is more like it !Come on ! | 这才像嘛!来啊! |
[51:11] | Grazie. | 谢谢. |
[51:13] | To Mongibello and the happiest days of my life. | 敬蒙吉,敬我生命中最快乐的时光. |
[51:17] | To Mongi.You’re cheerful tonight. | 敬蒙吉,你今晚很开心. |
[51:19] | I’m suddenly quite happy to be going back. | 我突然很高兴快回去了. |
[51:22] | Did I know you at Princeton, Tom ? | 在普林斯顿时我认识你吗,汤姆? |
[51:25] | I don’t think I did,did I ? | 我不觉得我认识你,不是吗? |
[51:28] | – Why are you asking all of a sudden ? – No reason. | -为什么突然一下问起这个? -没什么. |
[51:31] | Because you’re leaving, I guess. | 也许是因为你要离开了,我猜. |
[51:33] | I don’t think you were there. | 我不认为你是打那儿毕业的. |
[51:35] | – Why ? – I mean it as a compliment. | – 为什么? – 我是在恭维你. |
[51:38] | You’ve got such great taste. | 你的品位很高. |
[51:40] | Most of the thugs at Princeton had tasted everything and had no taste. | 普林斯顿那帮俗人什么都尝试所以没品. |
[51:45] | I used to say,”the cream of America: rich and thick.” | 我经常这样说,”美国奶油:又厚又油.” |
[51:50] | Freddie’s the perfect example. | 弗雷迪就是一个典型. |
[51:52] | Then I’ll take it as a compliment. | 那我就当恭维来听了. |
[51:55] | I knew it !I knew it. | 我就知道!我就知道. |
[51:57] | Marge and I had a bet. | 玛吉和我打了个赌. |
[52:08] | Do you even like jazz, | 你是否真喜欢爵士, |
[52:10] | or was that for my benefit ? | 或者只是为了迎合我? |
[52:12] | – I’ve gotten to like it. – Oh, yes ! | -我当然喜欢. -噢,太好了! |
[52:17] | I’ve gotten to like everything about the way you live. | 我喜欢你和你所有的生活方式. |
[52:20] | It’s one big love affair. | 这事关爱. |
[52:24] | If you knew my life back home in New York.. | 如果你知道我以前在纽约的生活.. |
[52:26] | I’m thinkin’ of givin’ up the sax. | 我想放弃吹萨克斯. |
[52:29] | What do you think about the drums ? | 你觉得做鼓手怎么样? |
[52:31] | – What ? – So cool. | -什么? -太酷了. |
[52:34] | I’m gonna rent a boat tomorrow,take a look around. | 我明天打算租艘船,四处看看. |
[52:38] | This is how I found my place in Mongi. | 我当初就是这么找到蒙吉的. |
[52:40] | Took a boat out… | 租艘船… |
[52:44] | around the bay, | 绕着海岸行驶, |
[52:46] | first thing I liked, | 遇到第一个我喜欢的, |
[52:48] | I got it. | 我就要它. |
[52:52] | – Whoa ! – Come on, Dickie. Don’t go crazy. | -哇! -好了,迪克.别太疯了. |
[52:56] | – Dickie. Slow down ! – Hold on. | -迪克.放慢速度! -抓紧. |
[52:58] | Wait a minute !It’s gonna tip ! Oh, God ! | 等一下!要翻了!噢,天啊! |
[53:01] | Stop it ! Somebody !Somebody ! Stop it ! | 停下!救命!救命!停下! |
[53:08] | Oh, I love it here ! | 噢,我爱这里! |
[53:10] | I love it here !I’m gonna move here ! | 我爱这里!我爱这里! |
[53:12] | Beautiful. | 多美. |
[53:19] | I want to tell you my plan. | 我想告诉你我的计划. |
[53:23] | – So tell me. – Well, I thought… | -告诉我吧. -是这样,我想… |
[53:26] | I’d come back in the new year under my own steam. | 我想在新年时自费回来. |
[53:29] | – Really ? To Italy ? – Of course. | -真的?回意大利? -当然. |
[53:32] | And I figured, just for argument’s sake, | 我想了想,只是说说而已, |
[53:36] | say I got a place. | 比如说我找了一套房子. |
[53:37] | Or say we split the rent on a house, | 比如说我们分摊房租, |
[53:40] | I could get a job,or, better still, | 我能找一份工作,或者,更好些, |
[53:43] | if I got a place in Rome,and then when we’re there, | 如果我在罗马租了一套房子,那我们想去那里去那里, |
[53:45] | we could be there, and when we’re here,we could be here. | 想在这里在这里. |
[53:47] | – I don’t think so. – Particularly with the Marge problem. | -我不这样想. -尤其是考虑到玛吉 |
[53:52] | You just blame me. | 你就说是我的错好了. |
[53:55] | – Marge and I are getting married. – How ? | -玛吉和我就要结婚了. -怎么会? |
[54:00] | – How ? – Yesterday, you were ogling girls. | -怎么会? -昨天你还在和其他女孩调情. |
[54:04] | Today you’re getting married ?That’s absurd. | 今天你就要结婚了?太荒谬了. |
[54:08] | – I love Marge. – You love me. You’re not marrying me. | -我爱玛吉. -你爱我.你也没和我结婚啊. |
[54:12] | – Tom, I don’t love you. – No, I don’t mean that as a threat. | -汤姆,我不爱你. -不,我并不是威胁的意思. |
[54:14] | To be honest, I’m..I’m a little relieved you’re going. | 老实说,我..我有点希望你能离开. |
[54:18] | I think we’ve seen enough of each other for a while. | 我觉得这段时间我们已经看够对方了. |
[54:25] | – What ? – You can be a leech ! | -什么? -你有时就像条吸血水蛭! |
[54:28] | You know that ! | 你知道! |
[54:32] | And… it’s boring. | 而且…令人厌烦. |
[54:38] | You can be quite boring. | 你有时真的很令人厌烦. |
[54:53] | The funny thing is,I’m not pretending… | 可笑的是,我没有假装… |
[54:56] | to be somebody else,and you are. | 去成为别人,你却一直这样. |
[54:58] | -Boring. -I’ve been absolutely honest with you… | -令人厌烦. -我对你一直都很… |
[55:01] | about my feelings. | 坦诚相待. |
[55:03] | – Boring.- But you…First of all, | -令人厌烦.-但是你…首先, |
[55:06] | I know there’s something. | 我知道你在隐藏一些事. |
[55:08] | That evening, when we played chess,for instance, it was obvious. | 举个例子,那一晚,当我们在下棋的时候,就很明显. |
[55:11] | – What evening ? – It’s too dangerous for you to take on. | -哪一晚? -对你来说表现出来会很危险. |
[55:15] | Oh, no, no.We’re brothers. | 噢,不,不.我们是兄弟. |
[55:16] | Hey. And then you do this sordid thing with Marge…fucking her… | 嗨.然后你就和玛吉做哪些肮脏的事…干她… |
[55:21] | on the boat, while we all have to listen, | 在船上,我们还都得听着, |
[55:23] | which was excruciating. | 根本就是种折磨. |
[55:25] | And you follow your cock around like a…And now you’re getting married. | 你总是用下半身来思考…现在你倒是要结婚了. |
[55:28] | No, I’m bewildered.Forgive me. | 不,我太迷惑了.原谅我. |
[55:31] | You’re lying to Marge and then you’re getting married to her. | 你欺骗玛吉却还要和她结婚. |
[55:34] | You’re knocking up Sylvana, ruining everybody….You want to play the sax. | 你甩了席尔瓦那,毁了所有人…你想吹萨克斯. |
[55:38] | You want to play the drums. Which is it,Dickie ? What are you actually… | 你想做鼓手.是这样吗,迪克?你到底是什么… |
[55:42] | Who are you ? Huh ?Some third-class mooch ? Who are you ? | 你又是什么?嗯?一个三流乞丐?你又是什么? |
[55:46] | Who are you to say anything to me ? | 谁给你权力来教训我的? |
[55:48] | Who are you to tell me anything ? | 谁给你权力来教训我的? |
[55:51] | Actually, I really, really do not want to be on this boat with you. | 其实,我真的,真的无法忍受和你一起呆在这条船上. |
[55:54] | – I can’t move without you moving. – Shut up. Shut up. | – 你不动我就动不了. – 住嘴.住嘴. |
[55:56] | It gives me the creeps.You give me the creeps. | 是你让我起鸡皮疙瘩.是你让我起鸡皮疙瘩. |
[56:00] | You shut up. | 你住嘴. |
[56:00] | I can’t move without “Dickie, Dickie,” | 没有你在一旁像小姑娘一样叫”迪克,迪克” |
[56:02] | Like a little girl all the time. | 我就动不了. |
[56:04] | Shut up ! | 住嘴! |
[56:07] | Oh, God, Dickie. | 噢,天啊,迪克. |
[56:10] | – God’s sake. – Oh…Oh God ! | -看在上帝的份上. -噢..噢.上帝啊! |
[56:15] | Okay. Okay. | 没事的.没事的. |
[56:18] | We have to get you.. Okay.. | 我们得给你…好… |
[56:22] | I’m gonna kill you !Kill you ! | 我要杀了你!杀了你! |
[56:27] | You’re dead ! | 你死定了! |
[56:37] | Stop ! Stop !Please ! Please ! | 住手!住手!求你了!求你了! |
[56:40] | – – Stop it ! Stop ! | -快住手!快住手! |
[56:46] | – Dickie, let go !- I’ll kill you! | -迪克,放开!-我要杀了你! |
[56:53] | Stop ! Stop !Stop ! | 住手!住手!住手! |
[56:57] | Stop ! Stop !Stop ! | 住手!住手!住手! |
[59:04] | Hi. Can I have my key, please ? | 你好.我能拿我的钥匙吗? |
[59:06] | Of course. | 当然. |
[59:08] | You must be very cold.Uh, Signor Greenleaf, yes ? | 你一定很冷吧.呃,格林立夫先生,是吗? |
[59:12] | No. I’m… | 不.我是… |
[1:00:25] | – Hello, Marge.- | -你好,玛吉. |
[1:00:27] | Tom ! | 汤姆! |
[1:00:30] | You startled me ! | 你吓着我了! |
[1:00:31] | – Sorry. How are you ? – You’re back! | -对不起.你怎么样? -你回来了! |
[1:00:35] | – Your book going well ? – Yes. | -你的书进展得还顺利吧? -是啊. |
[1:00:37] | I’m on a good streak,thank you. | 很顺利,谢谢. |
[1:00:40] | I was just…Looking at you. So quiet. | 我只是…一直很安静地望着你. |
[1:00:46] | Where’s Dickie ? | 迪克在哪儿? |
[1:00:50] | I think he’s planning on staying in Rome for a few days. | 我想他计划在罗马多呆几天. |
[1:00:54] | Rome ? Ahh.Did he say why ? | 罗马?呃.他说为什么了吗? |
[1:00:57] | I don’t understand Dickie.Your guess is as good as mine. | 我不了解迪克.你也知道. |
[1:01:01] | What does that mean ? | 什么意思? |
[1:01:02] | Oh, one day I’m invited skiing,the next day I’m not. | 噢,某一天我被邀请去滑雪,第二天就不要我去了. |
[1:01:09] | One day, we’re one family,then the next day he wants to be alone. | 某一天,我们是一家人,第二天他就想独自呆着. |
[1:01:14] | You tell me. | 你告诉我. |
[1:01:15] | Is that what he said ?He wants to be alone ? | 那是他说的吗?他想一个人呆着? |
[1:01:18] | He was thinking of you.He asked me to deliver this. | 他一直想着你.他让我给你这个. |
[1:01:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[1:01:26] | He knows I love this. | 他知道我喜欢这种香水. |
[1:01:30] | – But why it couldn’t have waited. I.. – Errand number one.: | -为什么他不等回来再送给我呢.我.. -任务一: |
[1:01:33] | deliver Marge’s perfume. | 转交给玛吉香水. |
[1:01:35] | Errand number two: | 任务二: |
[1:01:38] | pack some clothes and his precious saxophone. | 收拾些衣服,再带上他那支宝贝萨克斯. |
[1:01:43] | How long is he staying for ? | 他打算住多久? |
[1:01:45] | Search me.I guess we’re abandoned. | 问我也白问.我猜我们都被抛弃了. |
[1:02:15] | Goddamn it ! | 见鬼! |
[1:02:19] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗? |
[1:02:32] | There was a letter from Dickie in with my perfume. | 这是迪克夹在香水盒里的一封信. |
[1:02:36] | You realize it’s more than just a few days. | 你知道这次并不是多呆几天. |
[1:02:40] | He’s thinking of moving to Rome. | 他想着要搬到罗马去. |
[1:02:44] | The thing is, | 事实上是, |
[1:02:47] | the night before he left, we… | 他离开前一天的晚上,我们… |
[1:02:49] | we talked about moving together… | 我们商量要搬到一起住… |
[1:02:53] | somewhere north,and I suppose I… | 北面的某个地方,我猜我… |
[1:02:58] | put some pressure on him about getting married. | 是在结婚这件事上给了他太多的压力. |
[1:03:04] | I just… | 我只是… |
[1:03:07] | I just might have scared him off. | 只是我有可能把他吓走了. |
[1:03:15] | There’s a side to him… | 当我们一起躺在床上… |
[1:03:18] | when our heads are on the pillow… | 我望着他的侧面… |
[1:03:21] | I know no one else sees that’s so tender. | 我知道再没有人能像他这样温柔. |
[1:03:27] | I think I should come with you to Rome and confront him. | 我想我该跟随你到罗马去问问他 |
[1:03:37] | He hates being confronted. | 他讨厌被质问. |
[1:03:41] | I think you’re right. | 我认为你是对的. |
[1:03:52] | Grazie.Checking in. | 谢谢.住店. |
[1:04:03] | Checking in. | 住店. |
[1:04:05] | – Signor Ripley ? – It’s me. | – 瑞普雷先生? – 对. |
[1:04:12] | Signor Greenleaf. | 格林立夫先生. |
[1:04:14] | Of course.Welcome back. | 当然是格林立夫先生.欢迎回来. |
[1:04:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[1:04:39] | Pronto ? | 喂? |
[1:04:40] | Yes, I’d like to telephone the Hotel Goldoni. | 是的, 我想打个电话给高道尼旅馆. |
[1:04:43] | – Si, signor. – I want to speak to Thomas Ripley. | – 好的, 先生. – 我找托马斯·瑞普雷. |
[1:04:47] | – Ripley ? Subito. – Yes. Grazie. | – 瑞普雷? 知道了. – 是的. 谢谢. |
[1:05:03] | – – Pronto. | – 喂. |
[1:05:04] | Signor Greenleaf,Signor Ripley’s not there. | 格林立夫先生,瑞普雷先生不在. |
[1:05:05] | – He’s not there ? – No, signor. | – 他不在? – 不在, 先生. |
[1:05:07] | Well, I would like to leave a message. | 好吧, 我留个言. |
[1:05:10] | He’s not there ? I’ll leave a message. | 他不在那儿? 那我留言吧. |
[1:05:12] | No, signor. | 不在, 先生. |
[1:05:13] | – Got your call. – Got your call. | – 接到你的电话. – 接到你的电话. |
[1:05:15] | – Dinner tonight… – Dinner tonight… | – 今晚共餐… – 今晚共餐… |
[1:05:17] | – sounds fine. – sounds fine. | – 似乎不错. – 似乎不错. |
[1:05:18] | – Ripley. Ripley. – Ripley. | – 瑞普雷. 瑞普雷. – 瑞普雷. |
[1:05:22] | – Dickie Greenleaf. – Dickie Greenleaf. | – 迪克·格林立夫. – 迪克·格林立夫. |
[1:05:26] | – Yes. Greenleaf. – Greenleaf. | – 是的. 格林立夫. – 格林立夫. |
[1:05:29] | At the Grand. | 在格兰得旅馆. |
[1:05:31] | And I’d like to have this wallet embossed. | 我想在这个钱包上加点装饰. |
[1:05:34] | I don’t know the word in Italian. | 我不知道这个词用英文怎么说. |
[1:05:36] | Embossed. Of course,Signor Greenleaf. | 装饰一下. 当然可以,格林立夫先生. |
[1:05:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[1:05:44] | Dickie !It’s… | 迪克!我是…. |
[1:05:52] | – Oh, my gosh. – Meredith. | – 天啊. – 梅瑞迪斯. |
[1:05:54] | – Ciao ! – Ciao. Come in. Come in. | – 你好! – 你好. 请进. 请进. |
[1:05:56] | But you’re going skiing with those Yankees, aren’t you ? | 不过你会和那些美国佬一起去滑雪,对吧? |
[1:05:59] | – What ? – At Christmas. To Cortina. | – 什么? – 圣诞节. 去科尔蒂纳滑雪. |
[1:06:02] | – With Freddie Miles. – How did you know that ? | – 和弗雷迪·迈尔斯. – 你是怎么知道的? |
[1:06:04] | Oh ! Everybody knows Freddie Miles. | 噢! 人人都认识弗雷迪·迈尔斯. |
[1:06:12] | Is Freddie in Rome ? | 弗雷迪在罗马? |
[1:06:14] | – Now ? – Yeah. | – 现在? – 对. |
[1:06:16] | Oh, I don’t think so. | 噢, 我可不这样想. |
[1:06:18] | But l…But I’ve met him,of course, and we’ve chatted. | 不过我…不过我见过他,当然, 我们还聊了几句. |
[1:06:22] | And I know about you… | 而且我还知道你… |
[1:06:26] | and Marge in Mongi. | 和玛吉两人在蒙吉. |
[1:06:29] | What an unreliable rat you are. | 你还真是只靠不住的小老鼠啊. |
[1:06:32] | Well, Freddie said you were a rat. | 当然, 弗雷迪说你是只小老鼠. |
[1:06:35] | And I thought to myself, | 现在我想到了, |
[1:06:37] | Ah, now I know why he travels under ‘R’ | 为什么他旅行时以’R’作为姓名首字母 |
[1:06:40] | I’ve left Marge,Meredith. | 我离开了玛吉,梅瑞迪斯. |
[1:06:42] | And Mongi. | 离开了蒙吉. |
[1:06:44] | So the rat’s here in Rome. | 所以现在这只老鼠在罗马了. |
[1:06:47] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 噢,太遗憾了. |
[1:06:49] | Oh, don’t be sorry, no.I’ve never been happier. | 噢, 别觉得遗憾, 别.我从未这样开心过 |
[1:06:51] | I…I feel like I’ve been handed a new life. | 我…我觉得自己好像被赋予了新生命. |
[1:06:54] | The truth is that if you’ve had money your entire life, | 事实是如果你一生都很富有, |
[1:06:59] | either you despise it,which we do…agreed ? | 你要么就像我们这样蔑视金钱…对吗? |
[1:07:03] | You’re only truly comfortable around other people… | 你也只有在和其它那些富有又同样蔑视… |
[1:07:06] | who have it and despise it. | 金钱的人一起时才会真正感觉舒服. |
[1:07:08] | I know. | 我知道. |
[1:07:11] | I’ve never admitted that to anyone. | 我还从来没向任何人坦白过这一点. |
[1:07:19] | Because my friend Mr. Greenleaf, Signor Greenleaf and I, | 因为我的朋友格林立夫先生,格林立夫和我, |
[1:07:24] | are on a little spending spree. | 打算花钱搞个小狂欢. |
[1:07:25] | – I see. – We’re behaving very badly. | – 明白了. – 我们的行为不太检点. |
[1:07:29] | Oh, I love Italian money. | 噢, 我喜欢意大利的纸币. |
[1:07:31] | So dark.Doesn’t make you feel guilty. | 色调很暗.不会让我觉得有罪恶感. |
[1:07:33] | – Gr-r-razie. – Thank you. | – 谢…谢. – 谢谢. |
[1:07:46] | I don’t want too many large bills.No one will change them. | 我不想要太多大钞.没人愿意找零. |
[1:07:50] | Tutto bene,Signor Greenleaf. | 完全没问题,格林立夫先生. |
[1:08:07] | – I really like this too. – I think I’m having that too. | – 我真的很喜欢这一件. – 我想把它也买下来. |
[1:08:17] | – Tomorrow.- | – 明天. |
[1:08:25] | – Arrivederci. – Arrivederci. Oops ! | – 再见. – 再见. 噢! |
[1:08:28] | – Ciao. – Ciao. | – 再见. – 再见. |
[1:08:36] | I know you’re a jazz fiend, but do you absolutely hate the opera ? | 我知道你是个爵士迷,不过你就一定恨歌剧吗? |
[1:08:44] | I’ve…I’ve… | 我一直想…我一直想… |
[1:08:47] | been trying to give my tickets away. | 解决掉我的几张门票. |
[1:08:51] | It’s tomorrow. But if you were prepared to be dragged… | 明天的. 不过如果你愿意被硬拖着去的话… |
[1:08:56] | You could drag me. | 你可以拉我去. |
[1:10:48] | Feodor Chaliapin.It’s the whole Russian baritone. | 费奥多·卡利亚宾.全是俄国男中音. |
[1:10:51] | Thank you so much for inviting me tonight. | 非常感谢你今晚邀请我来. |
[1:10:54] | Can you bear it ?We hear you are a friend of Freddie’s. | 你受的了?我们听说你是弗雷迪的朋友. |
[1:10:58] | He has “I hate opera” tattooed on his chest. | 他在胸前纹了”我恨歌剧”几个字. |
[1:11:01] | There’s room for a whole libretto on Freddie’s chest. | 弗雷迪胸前足够刻上整个歌剧剧本了. |
[1:11:06] | I’m sure we’ve met before. | 我确信我们见过面. |
[1:11:08] | I was sure we’d met before.Weren’t you, Ted ? | 我确信我们见过面.你觉得呢, 泰德? |
[1:11:12] | Dick is Herbert Greenleaf’s boy. | 迪克是赫伯特·格林立夫的儿子. |
[1:11:14] | – I know. – Yes, I think we have. | – 我知道. – 对, 我想我们见过面. |
[1:11:16] | One minute you people are children, | 一分钟前你们还是孩子, |
[1:11:18] | and the next you’re getting tattooed. | 一眨眼功夫连纹身都纹上了. |
[1:11:22] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | – 干杯. – 干杯. |
[1:11:27] | Cheers. | 干杯. |
[1:11:33] | – Excuse me. – Prego. | – 请让一下. – 请. |
[1:11:36] | Oh !Excuse me. | 噢!对不起. |
[1:11:38] | – Hello. – Hello. | – 你好. – 你好. |
[1:11:43] | – Tom ! – Marge ! | – 汤姆! – 玛吉! |
[1:11:44] | How are you ?What are you doing in Rome ? | 你好吗?你来罗马干什么? |
[1:11:48] | Is he here ? Are you with Dickie ? | 他在这儿吗? 你是和迪克一起的吗? |
[1:11:49] | No. Um, no. | 不. 嗯, 不是. |
[1:11:50] | Um, hello.Um, I’m Tom Ripley. | 嗯, 你好.嗯, 我是汤姆·瑞普雷. |
[1:11:54] | Peter Smith-Kingsley. | 彼得·史密斯·金斯利. |
[1:11:55] | I’ve heard all about you from Marge and Dickie. | 我从玛吉和迪克那儿听说过不少你的事. |
[1:11:57] | – Ditto. – No..No glasses. | – 果然如此. – 没..没戴眼镜. |
[1:11:59] | So, where are you hiding him ?He’s impossible, isn’t he ? | 那么, 你把他藏哪儿了?他真是不可理喻, 不是吗? |
[1:12:03] | Is he really not here ? | 他真不在这? |
[1:12:05] | Marge, you know Dickie has”I hate opera” tattooed on his chest. | 玛吉, 你知道迪克在胸前刻着”我恨歌剧” 几个字. |
[1:12:08] | I thought you were going to Venice. | 我以为你们去了威尼斯. |
[1:12:10] | Yes, what happened with that ? | 是呀, 后来怎么样了? |
[1:12:12] | I heard you were desperate to come. | 我听说你一心想来. |
[1:12:13] | I was rather looking forward to rowing you around. | 我还期盼着能带你去划船. |
[1:12:15] | – – I am. I really am. | – 是啊,我是很想来着. |
[1:12:20] | I’ve been traveling, and I just can’t seem to get that far north. | 我一直在旅行,但好像就是到不了那么北的地方. |
[1:12:22] | Well, you should hurry,before we sink. | 好吧, 你得快点,否则我们都得沉了. |
[1:12:24] | Look, let me give you the telephone number. | 这样吧, 我给你我的电话号码. |
[1:12:27] | There. Oh, look.There’s Meredith. | 看那儿. 噢, 看.那不是梅瑞迪斯吗. |
[1:12:31] | Meredith. What’s her name,Marge ? | 梅瑞迪斯. 她姓什么来着,玛吉? |
[1:12:33] | The textile people. | 那些开纺织厂的人. |
[1:12:35] | Um, come on. Some of us spent Christmas at her house. | 嗯, 想想. 我们一些人还在她家度过圣诞. |
[1:12:38] | I don’t know her. | 我不认识她. |
[1:12:41] | He hasn’t called.He’s hardly written. | 他从未打过电话.连信都很少写. |
[1:12:46] | Just these cryptic notes, you know ? | 就是写点神秘小纸条,你知道吗? |
[1:12:47] | – You don’t just dump people. – | – 你不能就这样甩了别人. |
[1:12:49] | Look, will we see you later,or are you with people ? | 这样吧, 我们是呆会见,或者你是和其它人一起来的? |
[1:12:53] | – Uh, I can’t later. – Well, how about tomorrow ? | – 嗯, 呆会不行. – 这样吧, 明天怎么样? |
[1:12:56] | Yes, uh,maybe in the morning ? | 好啊, 嗯,早上怎么样? |
[1:12:58] | Do you know Cafe Dinelli at the Piazza di Spagna ? | 你知道斯帕格纳广场边的蒂内利咖啡店吗? |
[1:13:02] | – I know the Piazza. What time ? – 10:30 ? | – 我知道那广场. 几点? – 10:30? |
[1:13:05] | – We’ll be there. – Okay. | – 我们会准时到的. – 好的. |
[1:13:07] | So I’ll see you in the morning, Marge ? | 那明天见, 玛吉? |
[1:13:10] | 10.:30 Very nice to meet you. | 10.:30 很高兴认识你. |
[1:13:13] | And you. | 我也一样. |
[1:13:19] | Come on. | 来吧. |
[1:13:20] | Come on.Let’s go back in. | 来吧.让我们进去. |
[1:13:30] | I don’t understand why Tom’s still in Rome. | 我不明白汤姆为什么还在罗马. |
[1:13:34] | – Let’s go. – I thought you were enjoying yourself. | – 我们走吧. – 我还以为你很喜欢歌剧呢. |
[1:13:38] | Let’s take a carrozza and look at the moon. | 让我们乘马车看看月亮. |
[1:13:40] | Are you crazy ?It’s freezing out there. | 你疯了吗?外面冷极了. |
[1:13:42] | Come on. I need to talk to you.Just the two of us. | 来吧. 我得和你谈谈.就我们俩. |
[1:13:44] | Okay. | 好吧. |
[1:13:50] | Don’t worry, please. | 请别担心. |
[1:13:53] | Don’t worry. | 别担心. |
[1:13:56] | You’re such a palto understand. I… | 你真的很善解人意. 我… |
[1:14:00] | It’s like Marge is here right now. I look at you, | 就好像玛吉无时无刻不在这儿.当我望着你的脸庞, |
[1:14:03] | and I see her face. | 就看到了她的脸. |
[1:14:04] | And I can’t… No matter what I’m feeling towards you… | 我就是不能…不管我对你的感觉到底如何… |
[1:14:07] | No. I absolutely…understand. Of c… | 不用解释. 我完全…理解. 当… |
[1:14:12] | Otherwise, you’d be fighting me off. | 要不然, 你会抗拒我的. |
[1:14:16] | Beating you away. | 打走你. |
[1:14:57] | But will you meet me tomorrow ? | 不过我们明天能见面吗? |
[1:15:00] | Just to say good-bye properly,you know, in the daylight, | 就是来个正式告别,你知道, 在白天, |
[1:15:04] | so it’s not just this. | 不像现在这样. |
[1:15:05] | Of course. Meredith, I’m sorry.Of course I’ll meet you. | 当然. 梅瑞迪斯,很抱歉.我当然会去见你. |
[1:15:09] | You should always save pain for daylight. | 你永远都应该把痛苦留给白天. |
[1:15:14] | Why don’t we have coffee in the morning at Dinelli’s ? | 不如我们明天早上一起去蒂内利喝咖啡? |
[1:15:17] | Uh, by the Spanish Steps. | 噢, 就在西班牙阶梯旁边. |
[1:15:19] | Exactly. 10:30 ? | 完全正确. 10:30 ? |
[1:15:24] | – 10:15. – Okay. | – 10:15. – 好的. |
[1:15:26] | Okay. | 好的. |
[1:16:22] | – Grazie. – Peter ? | – 谢谢. – 彼得? |
[1:16:23] | Hello.It’s Meredith Logue. | 你好.我是梅瑞迪斯·罗吉. |
[1:16:26] | Of course it is.Meredith, hello. Sorry. | 当然是你.梅瑞迪斯, 你好. 对不起. |
[1:16:30] | – I was half asleep. How are you ? – How are you ? | – 我还没睡醒呢. 你好吗? – 你好吗? |
[1:16:32] | This is Marge Sherwood.Meredith Logue. | 这是玛吉·舍伍德,梅瑞迪斯·罗吉. |
[1:16:34] | How do you do ? | 你好吗? |
[1:16:37] | Do join us, won’t you ?We’re just waiting for a friend. | 来和我们坐一起吧?我们正在等个朋友. |
[1:16:41] | I…I won’t, actually.I think there’s… | 我…不了, 其实.我想这有些… |
[1:16:44] | – Did we see you at the opera last night ? – Uh… | – 我们昨天在歌剧院见过对吗? – 嗯… |
[1:16:46] | Are you waiting for Dickie ? | 你们是在等迪克? |
[1:16:49] | Dickie ? Do you…Do you…Do you know Dickie ? | 迪克? 你…你…你认识迪克? |
[1:16:53] | You were at the opera.Oh, that explains…Yes, I was there. | 你是在歌剧院.噢, 难怪…是的, 我在那儿. |
[1:16:57] | I was there with Dickie. | 我和迪克一起去的. |
[1:17:01] | I knew it. | 我就知道. |
[1:17:04] | I told you. | 我告诉过你. |
[1:17:08] | Marge, I don’t know you,so I’ve got no right to… | 玛吉, 我和你不熟,所以我也没权利对你说什么… |
[1:17:13] | Dickie loves you.He’s…Well… | 迪克爱你.他就是…这样说吧… |
[1:17:16] | I think you’ll find he’s on his way home to you. | 我想你会发现他现正赶着去找你呢. |
[1:17:19] | Well, how..how..how would you know that ? | 好吧, 你是怎么..怎么..怎么知道这些的? |
[1:17:25] | He… told me everything. | 他… 告诉了我一切. |
[1:17:27] | No, I was supposed to meet him 15 minutes ago, so, uh, | 噢不, 我本应该在15分钟前和他见面的,那么, 嗯, |
[1:17:32] | I’m gonna go now,I think. | 我想我得走了. |
[1:17:37] | God, unless he meant us to meet. | 天, 除非他是计划好了要让我们见面. |
[1:17:39] | That’d be a little cruel,wouldn’t it ? | 那就有点太残酷了,不是吗? |
[1:17:42] | No, no, we’re meeting another friend. | 不, 不是, 我们在等其它朋友. |
[1:17:44] | – Tom Ripley. – Do you know Tom Ripley ? | – 汤姆·瑞普雷. – 你认识过汤姆·瑞普雷? |
[1:17:47] | No, no. I’ve heard about him,of course, | 不, 不认识. 我当然听说过他, |
[1:17:49] | but I didn’t meet him, no. | 不过还没见过面, 没见过. |
[1:17:52] | – – Not for me. No, grazie. | – 我不要了. 不要了, 谢谢. |
[1:17:59] | Hope I didn’t complicate matters. | 希望我没把事情搞复杂了. |
[1:18:03] | God, nothing, nothing…untoward happened. | 天, 没什么,没发生过任何过分的事. |
[1:18:08] | No, there is nothing to prevent you from welcoming him back, | 没有, 没有任何事能阻止他回到你身边, |
[1:18:12] | from marrying him. | 能阻止他和你结婚. |
[1:18:19] | Good-bye.I’m happy to put a face to a name. | 再见.我很高兴又认识了一位新朋友. |
[1:18:22] | Good-bye, Peter.Please, don’t get up. | 再见, 彼得.别,请别站起来. |
[1:18:44] | Now I don’t know what to think. Do you think he’s coming back ? | 现在我完全不知所措了.你觉得他会回来吗? |
[1:18:49] | Sorry. Sorry.Had to renew my papers. | 对不起. 对不起.得更新我的档案. |
[1:18:53] | Never one stamp when they can make you line up for three. | 他们总能把只要盖一个章就能解决的事搞得很复杂 |
[1:18:55] | – Have you been waiting long ? – Not at all. | – 你们等了很久吗? – 没有. |
[1:18:57] | – Morning, Tom. – Hi. Sorry. | – 早上好, 汤姆. – 早上好. 对不起. |
[1:19:00] | You okay ? You look like you’ve seen a ghost. | 你还好吗? 你看上去像撞了鬼一样. |
[1:19:02] | Dickie was at the opera last night. | 迪克昨天晚上也在歌剧院. |
[1:19:05] | I don’t believe that. Uh…Wild horses couldn’t drag Dickie… | 我不信. 呃…野马也不能把他拽到那儿去… |
[1:19:09] | Well, he was there with someone, you know, | 他和其它人一起去的, 你知道, |
[1:19:12] | so I suppose she must have dragged him. | 我想她一定是硬拉他去的. |
[1:19:13] | It’s not fair. | 这不公平. |
[1:19:16] | I think I’m going back to Mongi.I think Dickie’s coming home. | 我想我得回蒙吉了.迪克应该是已经回家了. |
[1:19:20] | Really ? I…Well,that’s just swell. | 是吗? 我…那简直是太好. |
[1:19:23] | No, you know, you’reway ahead of me. Great. | 不, 你知道, 你总是比我先知. 太好了. |
[1:19:26] | That was rather moving when I heard…I’m sorry. | 我听到那席话时还觉得挺感动…对不起. |
[1:19:28] | Meredith is the American girl I saw at the opera last night. | 梅瑞迪斯是我昨晚在歌剧院看到的那个美国女孩. |
[1:19:30] | – She’s been seeing something of Dickie. – Oh, my God. | – 她了解迪克一些事. – 哦, 上帝啊. |
[1:19:35] | But the point is,Dickie…and we all know this. | 但是重点在于,迪克…我们都知道. |
[1:19:38] | Dickie loves Marge.And he misses her. | 迪克爱玛吉.他也很想念她. |
[1:19:42] | I feel guilty.Marge doesn’t understand this, | 我有一种负疚感.玛吉并不了解, |
[1:19:45] | but whenever Dickie does something, I feel guilty. | 但是每当迪克做错了事,我都会感觉愧疚. |
[1:19:47] | As if that makes sense. | 好像是心有灵犀一样. |
[1:21:13] | Dickie. | 迪克. |
[1:21:17] | – – Dickie, come on. It’s me. | – 迪克, 开门. 是我. |
[1:21:22] | It’s Freddie.Let me in. | 费雷迪.让我进来. |
[1:21:27] | Dickie. | 迪克. |
[1:21:34] | Hello, Freddie.It’s Tom. | 你好, 费雷迪.是汤姆. |
[1:21:38] | Um, where’s Dickie ? | 嗯, 迪克在哪儿? |
[1:21:41] | How are you ? | 你好吗? |
[1:21:43] | I’m good. Uh, yes, thank you.He’s gone. | 还不错. 呃, 是的, 谢谢.他出门了. |
[1:21:45] | He went to dinner. | 他去吃晚饭了. |
[1:21:46] | He’s at Otello’s. You know Otello’s ? | 他在澳泰罗饭店. 你知道澳泰罗吗? |
[1:21:49] | No, no, no. | 不, 不, 不. |
[1:21:51] | I..I don’t think he’s at dinner at 6:30 P.M. | 我..我不认为他会在下午6:30用晚餐. |
[1:21:53] | If you said he was still at lunch, maybe I’d believe you. | 如果你说他还吃午饭,也许我会相信你. |
[1:21:57] | You know ? Incredible. | 你知道吗?难以置信. |
[1:22:00] | I mean, the guy just, you know, | 我是说,那家伙就这么,你知道, |
[1:22:02] | disappeared off the face of the earth. | 就这么一下子从地球上消失了. |
[1:22:06] | I guess. | 我想是吧. |
[1:22:09] | The landlady,as far as I could tell… | 房东,就我所知… |
[1:22:13] | The landlady said he was here right now. | 房东说他现在就在这儿. |
[1:22:16] | Search the place. | 你搜吧. |
[1:22:19] | I..I just don’t… I don’t know why you’d imagine that Dickie would hide from you. | 我..我只是不明白…不明白迪克为什么要躲着你. |
[1:22:22] | Because he’s been hiding from me. | 因为他以前也躲过我. |
[1:22:26] | – What happened at Christmas ? – What about Christmas ? | – 圣诞节怎么搞的? – 圣诞节怎么了? |
[1:22:30] | He was supposed to come skiing.I didn’t get a cable… | 他本该一起来滑雪的.我连个电报都没收到… |
[1:22:34] | or a call or a little note or a… | 或是一个电话,一张便条,或是一个… |
[1:22:36] | — Frankly, a fart. | – 老实说, 连个屁都没有. |
[1:22:40] | Well, he’s been very involved with his music. | 他最近很沉迷于他的音乐. |
[1:22:43] | Um, I think his theory… is… | 嗯,我认为他的理论.. 是… |
[1:22:47] | that you have to go into a cocoon,uh, before you can be a butterfly. | 你先得把自己裹在茧里,呃,才能变成一只蝴蝶. |
[1:22:52] | Which is horseshit. | 胡说八道. |
[1:22:54] | You hear him play this thing ?Well, he can’t. | 你听过他吹这个?呃,他不会. |
[1:23:01] | How did you find him ? | 你是怎么找到他的? |
[1:23:03] | It’s such an out-of-the-way apartment.Can I fixyou a drink ? | 这是这么偏远的一所房子.要我给你倒杯酒吗? |
[1:23:06] | No, thanks.At the American Express. | 不, 谢谢了.美国快递. |
[1:23:12] | Some kid. | 开玩笑的. |
[1:23:20] | Are you living here ? | 你住这儿吗? |
[1:23:23] | No, no. I’m staying here for a few days. | 不, 不. 我只在这儿逗留几天. |
[1:23:29] | – But…- | -那… |
[1:23:32] | It’s a new piano.Probably shouldn’t… | 这是台新钢琴.也许不该在这儿… |
[1:23:40] | – Probably shouldn’t…- | – 也许不该… |
[1:23:45] | Did this place come furnished ? | 这地方装修过? |
[1:23:49] | It doesn’t look like Dickie’s, uh… | 看起来完全不像迪克的风格, 呃… |
[1:23:53] | It’s really horrible,isn’t it ? | 太差劲了,不是吗? |
[1:23:57] | It’s so, uh, bourgeois. | 太, 呃, 太小资了. |
[1:24:10] | Oh, that’s a, uh…You should..Watch that. | 噢, 那是一个, 呃…你得..小心点. |
[1:24:13] | Excuse…Excuse me. | 不好意思…让我来. |
[1:24:16] | Excuse me. | 我来. |
[1:24:21] | In fact, the only thing that looks like Dickie… is you. | 事实上, 唯一一样像迪克的…是你. |
[1:24:26] | – Hardly. – Hmm. | – 不太像吧. – 嗯. |
[1:24:29] | Have you done something to your hair ? | 你做过头发? |
[1:24:32] | Is there something you’d like to say, Freddie ? | 你想说什么,弗雷迪? |
[1:24:34] | – What ? – You have something you’d like to say ? | – 什么? – 你想说什么? |
[1:24:37] | I think I’m saying it. | 我想我正说着. |
[1:24:41] | Something’s going on. | 有些事不对劲. |
[1:24:44] | Either he’s converted to Christianity, | 要么就是他改变了信仰, |
[1:24:48] | or there’s something else. | 要么就是发生了其它什么事. |
[1:24:51] | Well, I would suggest you ask Dickie that yourself. | 呃, 我建议你还是自己去找迪克问清楚. |
[1:24:53] | Otello’s is on della Croce just off the Corso. | 澳泰罗餐馆就在街道出去的路口处. |
[1:24:56] | Is it on della Croce just off the Corso ? | 就在街道出去的路口处? |
[1:25:02] | Sure. You’re a quick study, aren’t you ? | 是呀. 你学得可真快,不是吗? |
[1:25:06] | Last time you didn’t know you ass from your elbow. | 上次你连意大利语的手肘和屁股都分不清楚. |
[1:25:08] | Now you’re giving me directions. | 现在你已经能为我指路了. |
[1:25:11] | That’s not fair. You probably do know your ass from your elbow. | 这不公平. 你也许能分得清你的屁股和手肘. |
[1:25:17] | I’ll see you. | 我们会再见面的. |
[1:25:32] | No Dickie Greenleaf. Thomas Ripley. | 不是迪克·格林立夫. 托马斯·瑞普雷. |
[1:25:35] | Si. | 是. |
[1:25:43] | Ciao, Dickie. | 你好, 迪克. |
[1:25:49] | Dickie doesn’t play the piano. | 迪克不弹钢琴. |
[1:25:53] | Tommy. | 汤米. |
[1:25:55] | Tommy! | 汤米! |
[1:25:57] | Tommy! | 汤米! |
[1:26:38] | Oh ! You’re making me laugh. | 噢!你可真逗. |
[1:26:41] | No. You’re just so drunk.Oh. You’re just… | 不. 你不过是喝多了.噢. 你不过是… |
[1:26:45] | What can you do, eh ? | 你还能怎么样呢,嗯? |
[1:26:46] | You should see my other friends. | 你该看看我其它的朋友都醉成什么样了. |
[1:26:48] | – What canyon do ?- | – 你还能做什么呢? |
[1:26:50] | Yes.Such a pig. | 是呀.根本就是一头猪. |
[1:26:57] | Hey, if I’m drunk,think what her husband’s saying. | 嗨, 如果我这就算醉了的话,想想他老公会怎么说. |
[1:27:50] | – La polizia. – Dickie Greenleaf? | – 打搅了. – 迪克.格林立夫? |
[1:27:52] | – Yes. – Inspector Roverini. | – 是的. – 罗维利尼警探. |
[1:27:55] | – Can we come in ? – Please. | – 我们能进来吗? – 请吧. |
[1:28:05] | It’s a terrible shock,huh ? | 这真是令人震惊,不是吗? |
[1:28:08] | W-What time did Signor Miles leave yesterday ? | 迈尔斯先生昨天是几点钟走的? |
[1:28:11] | Oh, um, I can’t be certain exactly. I… | 噢, 嗯, 我不敢肯定. 我想是… |
[1:28:15] | 8:00, 9:00. 8:00, 9:00. | |
[1:28:20] | We’d both taken on, uh,far too many drinks. | 我们都, 呃,喝了太多酒. |
[1:28:25] | But it was dark. It was certainly dark | 不过那时天已经很黑了,天当然已经很黑了, |
[1:28:27] | when I.. when I walked him to his car. | 当我..当我搀他进他自己的车里. |
[1:28:29] | So he drove away,and, uh, you did what ? | 那么他开车走了,那么,呃,你做了什么? |
[1:28:32] | – I went to bed.- | – 上床睡觉. |
[1:28:36] | Freddie’s a big man, but I’m in trouble after a couple of drinks. | 弗雷迪很能喝,不过我才喝了两杯就不行了. |
[1:28:41] | I’ve been suffering all… | 我一直都很难受… |
[1:28:44] | Who found him ? | 谁找到他的? |
[1:28:46] | You understand, I must ask you… | 请你理解,我一定得请你.. |
[1:28:49] | to stay in Rome,Signor Greenleaf. | 留在罗马,格林立夫先生. |
[1:28:51] | Yes, if it’s gonna help,certainly. | 好的,如果能有所帮助的话,当然. |
[1:28:55] | So, the doctor, he has to make the, um… | 那么, 法医, 他得, 嗯… |
[1:29:02] | – Postmortem. – Yeah, exactly. | – 验尸. – 对, 就是这样. |
[1:29:05] | But, you know,his first conclusion… | 但是,你看,他的初步推论是… |
[1:29:08] | was that Signor Miles was killed not later than 7:00 yesterday evening. | 迈尔斯先生是昨晚7:00以前被杀害的. |
[1:29:13] | Well, he certainly wasn’t dead when he drove away in his car. | 呃, 他在开车走之前当然不会已经死了. |
[1:29:20] | No. | 不会. |
[1:29:46] | It’s okay. | 没事. |
[1:29:48] | – Okay ? – Si, si. | – 真没事? – 是, 是的. |
[1:30:01] | – Did he kill Freddie ? – Marge. When did you get here ? | – 是他杀的弗雷迪? – 玛吉.你什么时候来的? |
[1:30:05] | Tell me the truth.Did he kill Freddie ? | 告诉我真相.是他杀的弗雷迪吗? |
[1:30:07] | I’d swear he didn’t.Of course he didn’t. | 我发誓他没有.他当然不会这么做. |
[1:30:11] | I tried again.Waiting here, watching for him. | 我又来碰碰运气.等在这儿, 看着他. |
[1:30:15] | Instead, it’s you.Whenever I look for Dickie, I find you. | 相反, 是你.每次我找迪克,找到的都是你. |
[1:30:21] | What happened to your face ? | 你脸怎么了? |
[1:30:24] | Dickie…Dickie did it. | 迪克…迪克干的. |
[1:30:26] | – Dickie ? – My face. There was an argument. | – 迪克? – 我的脸. 我们起了些争执. |
[1:30:28] | I…I said some things I shouldn’t have said and I… | 我…我说了些,我不该说的,而我… |
[1:30:31] | About you. About the appalling way he’s treating you, | 是关于你.关于他如此恶劣地对待你, |
[1:30:33] | all of us. | 对待我们每一个人. |
[1:30:35] | And the next thing I know,he’s launched himself at me. | 接下来我就发现他只朝我冲过来. |
[1:30:37] | – Are you getting on ? – What ? | – 你上来吗? – 什么? |
[1:30:39] | Get on.I’ll take you to him. | 上来.我带你去见他. |
[1:31:26] | – Where does he live ? – We passed it a few blocks back. | – 他住哪儿? – 在前面,我们过了几个街区. |
[1:31:29] | It’s where the police were.The Palazzo Gioia. | 那有警察.在乔亚的宅第. |
[1:31:33] | Look, they don’t even know I’m in Rome, | 看, 他们甚至不知道我在罗马, |
[1:31:35] | and I’m not gonna incriminate Dickie. | 我不能牵累迪克. |
[1:31:37] | Well, perhaps I shouldn’t go either. | 恩, 也许我该走了. |
[1:31:38] | No. Well, go if you want to, | 不. 好吧,你想走就走吧, |
[1:31:40] | but just don’t talk to the police about my face. | 但是别对警官说看到过我. |
[1:31:42] | If they know he hit me and his temper,then he could’ve hit Freddie. | 如果他们知道他打了我和他的火爆脾气,那他就能攻击弗雷迪. |
[1:31:46] | I’ll catch up with you later. | 呆会见. |
[1:32:05] | Signor Greenleaf ! | 格林立夫先生! |
[1:32:08] | It’s Signor Greenleaf !Presto, presto ! | 是格林立夫先生!快,快! |
[1:32:16] | Open the door ! | 开门! |
[1:32:19] | Open up ! | 快开门! |
[1:32:23] | – – I live here ! | -我住这儿! |
[1:32:24] | Mr. Greenleaf ! | 格林立夫先生! |
[1:32:28] | Can we go up ?Do you mind ? | 我们能上去吗?你不介意吧? |
[1:32:30] | Of course.What happened to your face ? | 当然.你脸怎么了? |
[1:32:33] | My scooter. I fell off getting chased by photographers. | 我的电单车. 在被摄影师追赶的时候摔的. |
[1:32:36] | The telephone, the press,I’ve been…I’m feeling hounded. | 电话, 媒体,我觉得..我觉得在被追捕. |
[1:32:41] | Do you think you could not give out my address ? | 你就不能别泄漏我的地址吗? |
[1:32:43] | Never.We’ve had many requests, | 从未.有很多人要求, |
[1:32:44] | and we say no, even to your fiancée. | 但我们都拒绝了,连你的未婚妻都没有告知. |
[1:32:48] | I really don’t want to see anybody. | 我真的不想见任何人. |
[1:32:49] | – Even your fiancée ? – Even her. | – 包括你的未婚妻? – 包括她. |
[1:32:55] | – What about Thomas Ripley ? – What about Tom Ripley ? | – 那汤姆·瑞普雷呢? – 汤姆·瑞普雷怎么了? |
[1:33:01] | You and Signor Ripley went to San Remo.Is that right ? | 你和瑞普雷先生一起去了圣雷默.对吗? |
[1:33:03] | Yes, we..We went to San Remo. | 是的, 我们..我们去了圣雷默. |
[1:33:05] | That was months ago. | 那已经是几个月以前的事情了. |
[1:33:06] | November, I thought.Was it ? | 十一月, 我想是.是吗? |
[1:33:08] | – Did you speak to Tom ? – November 7 is my information. | – 你和汤姆说过吗? – 十一月七日我记得. |
[1:33:12] | I don’t remember the exact date. | 我记不清确切日期了. |
[1:33:15] | When did you last see Signor Ripley ? | 你上一次见到瑞普雷先生是什么时候? |
[1:33:18] | A few days ago. | 几天前 |
[1:33:19] | – Does he stay with you here ? – No. | – 他住你这儿吗? – 没有. |
[1:33:23] | No. | 没有. |
[1:33:27] | Here is a pattern.Two days ago, | 大致是这样的.两天前, |
[1:33:29] | Freddie Miles is dead,hmm ? | 弗雷迪·迈尔斯死了,嗯? |
[1:33:34] | He leaves your apartment, | 他离开你的公寓, |
[1:33:37] | and he’s murdered. | 就被谋杀了. |
[1:33:40] | Yesterday, a little boat is found in San Remo full of rocks. | 昨天, 一条盛满石块的小船在圣雷默被发现. |
[1:33:45] | And the owner tells the police it was stolen on November 7. | 船主告诉警局船是11月7日被盗的. |
[1:33:50] | We look at hotel records… | 我们看了旅店纪录… |
[1:33:53] | and we see… | 我们发现… |
[1:33:56] | Dickie Greenleaf is staying in San Remo. | 迪克·格林立夫在圣雷默. |
[1:33:59] | And then our boatman remembers two Americans taking a boat. | 船主记得是两个美国人租的船. |
[1:34:03] | That is not a pattern.That’s a coincidence. | 这不是大概.纯属巧合. |
[1:34:06] | There must be 50 hotels in San Remo. | 在圣雷默有50家旅馆. |
[1:34:08] | There were probably a hundred people renting a boat that day. | 那天也许有100个人租了船. |
[1:34:11] | Thirty-one people. | 31人. |
[1:34:13] | Thirty-one people. | 31人. |
[1:34:16] | Thirty-one, yeah. | 31人,是的. |
[1:34:22] | – Marge Sherwood. – That is Miss Sherwood now. | – 玛吉·舍伍德. – 这次是舍伍德小姐. |
[1:34:32] | Let her in. | 让她进来. |
[1:34:34] | Let her in.What’s the difference ? Let her in. | 让她进来.这又有能怎么样? 让她进来. |
[1:34:39] | No ! Actually…Actually, no. | 不! 事实上…事实上, 不. |
[1:34:43] | I would…I would really appreciate it… | 我会…我会很感激的… |
[1:34:45] | if you would ask Miss Sherwood to come back later. | 如果你等会再让舍伍德小姐进来的话. |
[1:34:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[1:34:57] | May I ask you.. | 我可以问一下吗.. |
[1:34:59] | Why would you speak to your friend and not your fiancée ? | 为什么你宁可对朋友说,却不愿对你的未婚妻说? |
[1:35:03] | Well,I..I think I just said. | 呃, 我..我想我刚才已经说过了. |
[1:35:07] | Um, Mr. Ripley was handling some business for me. | 嗯, 瑞普雷先生在帮我处理一些事务. |
[1:35:10] | Nor does Mr. Ripley want to marry me… | 不是瑞普雷先生想嫁给我… |
[1:35:13] | and ask me every single day if I’ll marry him and when. | 并且每日每夜缠着你,问你什么时候结婚. |
[1:35:18] | Do you keep a photograph of Signor Ripley ? | 你有瑞普雷先生的照片吗? |
[1:35:21] | I’m not in the habit of carrying around photographs of my male friends. | 我没有随身携带男性朋友照片的习惯. |
[1:35:26] | Now I think I’ve upset you. | 我想我是让你困扰了. |
[1:35:28] | Sorry. My English,perhaps, is coarse. | 对不起. 我的英语,可能,太差了. |
[1:35:31] | It is a little coarse,yes. | 是有点差,是的. |
[1:35:37] | I’m sorry. | 我道歉. |
[1:35:39] | But you..No one has seen Signor Ripley since San Remo. | 但是你..没有人在圣雷默后见到过汤姆·瑞普雷. |
[1:35:44] | – I have. – You have, yes. | – 我见过. – 你见过, 是啊. |
[1:35:46] | And so has Miss Sherwood.Ask her. And, um, | 舍伍德小姐也见过他.问问她. 还有, 嗯, |
[1:35:48] | if I can remember the name of the hotel he was staying at… | 让我想想他当时住在哪家旅馆… |
[1:35:54] | Um, the Goldoni.Tom was staying at the Goldoni. | 嗯,高多尼旅馆.汤姆住在高多尼. |
[1:35:57] | Goldoni. The Goldoni.Good, good, but… | 高多尼.高多尼.很好,很好,但是… |
[1:36:00] | Yes, you are right. | 是的,你是对的. |
[1:36:03] | You are right.A coincidence. | 你是对的.纯属巧合. |
[1:36:09] | I look forward to our next meeting. | 我期待下一次见面. |
[1:36:11] | Hmm ? When I will be more careful with my English. | 嗯? 那时我会更注重我的英文的. |
[1:36:14] | Ah. I have a witness who thinks they saw two men… | 呃.我有证人说当时看到两个男人… |
[1:36:17] | getting into Mr. Miles’ car. | 进了迈尔斯先生的车. |
[1:36:19] | And she wants to identify you in a confronto. | 她想来正面指证一下. |
[1:36:23] | Lineup. Tomorrow, then ? | 一组人.明天,怎么样? |
[1:36:27] | Uh, tomorrow. | 呃,明天. |
[1:36:37] | – Buon giorno, Miss Sherwood. – Buon giorno. | – 早上好,舍伍德小姐. – 早上好. |
[1:36:39] | He’s in, but I really don’t think he wants to meet anybody. | 他在里面,不过我认为他现在真不想见任何人. |
[1:37:00] | Dick ? | 迪克? |
[1:37:06] | Dickie ? | 迪克? |
[1:37:09] | I know you can hear me. | 我知道你能听到我. |
[1:37:20] | I was gonna say that I would count to three, and if you didn’t open the door… | 我想说我会数到三,如果你不开门的话… |
[1:37:24] | But I won’t count anymore. | 我就不会再…… |
[1:37:28] | On you. | 指望你了. |
[1:37:32] | I won’t count on you anymore. | 我不会再指望你了. |
[1:37:39] | Whatever it is you’ve done or haven’t done, | 不管你做了什么没做什么, |
[1:37:44] | you’ve broken my heart. | 你已经伤透了我的心. |
[1:37:49] | That’s one thing I know you’re guilty of. | 这是我指认你的一项罪行. |
[1:37:59] | And I don’t know why. | 我不明白是为了什么. |
[1:38:04] | I don’t know why.I just don’t know why. | 我不明白是为了什么.我就是不明白是为了什么. |
[1:38:17] | My dear Tom. | 我亲爱的汤姆. |
[1:38:19] | I’m getting out of this. | 我再也无法忍受了. |
[1:38:23] | Freddie’s death. Silvana. | 弗雷迪的死,希尔维那的死. |
[1:38:26] | I’ve thought about going to the police,but I can’t do it. | 我曾经想过要去自首,但我不能. |
[1:38:31] | I can’t face it. | 我无法再面对这一切了. |
[1:38:33] | I can’t face anything anymore. | 我再也无法面对这一切了. |
[1:38:35] | I can’t face anything anymore. | 我再也无法面对更多了. |
[1:38:36] | I wish I could give you the life I took for granted. | 我希望我能将我的生命交给你. |
[1:38:42] | You’ve always understood what’s at the heart of me, Tom. | 你总是能猜透我心里在想什么, 汤姆. |
[1:38:44] | Marge never could. | 玛吉永远都不能. |
[1:38:48] | I suppose that’s why I’m writing this to you, | 我想这就是为什么我给你写这封信的原因, |
[1:38:51] | the brother I never had. | 你是我唯一的兄弟. |
[1:38:54] | The only true friend I ever had. | 也是我唯一真正的朋友. |
[1:39:02] | in all kinds of ways, | 从各方面来看, |
[1:39:04] | you’re much more like the son my father wanted. | 你都更像是我父亲更想要的儿子. |
[1:39:09] | I realize you can change the people, | 你知道你能改变人, |
[1:39:12] | change the scenery, | 改变风景, |
[1:39:15] | but you can’t change your own rotten self. | 但却永远改变不了自己已经腐败的内心. |
[1:39:20] | Now I can’t think what to do or where to go. | 现在我完全失去了方向. |
[1:39:24] | I’m haunted by everything I’ve done and can’t undo. | 我被一切不可挽回的错事所困扰. |
[1:39:31] | I’m sorry. | 对不起. |
[1:39:35] | I’ve made a mess of being Dickie Greenleaf, haven’t I ? | 我把迪克·格林立夫的生活搞得一团糟,不是吗? |
[1:40:42] | Tom ! | 汤姆! |
[1:40:48] | I’ll see you over there ! | 我在那儿见你! |
[1:40:59] | I’m so sorry to put you through this, Peter. | 真不好意思让你经历这些, 彼得. |
[1:41:02] | I just can’t face going to the police by myself when my Italian’s so rotten. | 我只是无法在意大利语这么烂的情况下一个人去面对警方. |
[1:41:06] | Don’t be so daft.It’s fine. | 别傻了.没事的. |
[1:41:07] | I’m delighted you finally made it to Venice. | 我很高兴你最终还是到了威尼斯. |
[1:41:10] | I’m delighted, contrary to rumor,that you’re still in one piece. | 我很开心,和谣言相反,你还好好的毫发无伤. |
[1:41:13] | – What rumor ? – Oh, you know. | – 什么谣言? – 哦,你知道. |
[1:41:15] | That Dickie murdered you and is traveling under your passport. | 迪克谋杀了你,并冒用你的护照到处旅行. |
[1:41:18] | I know. It’s ridiculous. | 我知道.这是很荒谬. |
[1:41:35] | Welcome to Venice. | 欢迎来威尼斯. |
[1:41:37] | God, this place reeks, doesn’t it ?Can you smell it ? | 天啊,这地方很臭,不是吗?你闻到了吗? |
[1:41:41] | Anyway, I’ve got to the bottom of the delay, finally. | 不管怎样, 我不能再推迟了. |
[1:41:44] | We’re waiting for someone from Rome. | 我们在等从罗马来的警探. |
[1:41:47] | What do you mean ?They’ve sent for someone from Rome ? | 你说什么?他们从罗马派了人来? |
[1:41:50] | – Well, yes. That’s good, isn’t it ? – No, I thought… | – 呃,是的.这挺好,不是吗? – 不,我以为… |
[1:41:53] | that didn’t happen in Italy,that each region is separate. | 在意大利不是这么运作的,我以为各地区都是独立的. |
[1:41:57] | I was sure that..I’ve read that.. | 我肯定…我读过… |
[1:41:59] | You’ve read the papers.You know what a big deal it’s been. | 你也读过报纸.你知道这件事有多重大. |
[1:42:02] | American tourist murdered. | 美国游客被谋杀了. |
[1:42:03] | Actually, can we not do this now ? | 但是,这件事能先搁一搁吗? |
[1:42:05] | – The stench really is..- | – 这臭味真是.. |
[1:42:27] | He’s taken over the case, ’cause they’re annoyed that the previous chap… | 他接管这个案子,是因为他们对前一任负责人很不满.. |
[1:42:31] | let Dickie disappear when he was, um, | 让弗雷德谋杀案唯一的嫌疑犯迪克, |
[1:42:34] | the only suspect in Freddie’s murder. | 就这么失踪了. |
[1:42:39] | In Rome,about three weeks ago. | 在罗马,大约三周以前. |
[1:42:43] | I knew that one. | 这句我能听懂. |
[1:42:45] | Um.. | 嗯.. |
[1:42:52] | Are you a homosexual ?Interesting non sequitur. | 你是同性恋吗?有趣的不知所云. |
[1:42:57] | No. | 不是. |
[1:42:59] | – No. – Oh. | – 不是. – 噢. |
[1:43:02] | By the way, um, officially there are no Italian homosexuals. | 顺便说一下, 嗯,官方是没有意大利同性恋这种讲法的. |
[1:43:07] | Makes Michelangelo and Leonardo very inconvenient. | 这让米开朗基罗和莱昂纳多很是困扰. |
[1:43:10] | Eh ? | 嗯? |
[1:43:11] | Tell him…I have a fiancée. | 告诉他…我有个未婚妻. |
[1:43:15] | And Dickie has a fiancée. | 迪克也有个未婚妻. |
[1:43:17] | And that Freddie Miles | 至于那个弗雷迪·迈尔斯, |
[1:43:19] | probably had a string of them. | 他没准有一打的未婚妻. |
[1:43:32] | Mamma mia. | 我的老天呀. |
[1:43:40] | – What did he say ? – He says “so many fiancées.” | – 他说了什么? – 他说”这么多未婚妻.” |
[1:43:47] | He’s asking… if you killed Freddie Miles… | 他问…是不是你杀了弗雷迪·迈尔斯… |
[1:43:51] | and then killed Dickie Greenleaf. | 然后又杀了迪克·格林立夫. |
[1:43:52] | No ! No, I did not kill Freddie Miles | 不! 没有,我没有杀弗雷迪·迈尔斯, |
[1:43:55] | and then kill Dickie Greenleaf. | 更没有杀迪克·格林立夫. |
[1:43:57] | Is he accusing me ?Ask him if he’s accusingme. | 他是在指控我吗?问问他他是否在指控我. |
[1:44:00] | The way it works here,it’s better to be less volatile. | 这里的办事程序就是这样,这总比严刑逼供好多了. |
[1:44:02] | – But it’s absurd!- | -但这也太荒谬了! |
[1:44:20] | They found this in Dickie’s place in Rome. | 他们在迪克罗马的寓所里发现了这个. |
[1:44:25] | – You opened this ? – Of course. | -你打开过? -当然. |
[1:44:44] | It’s a suicide note. | 这是一封遗书. |
[1:44:50] | You asked me all these questions and you already read this suicide note ? | 你早就看过这份遗书,还问我这些问题? |
[1:45:12] | I don’t believe that letter.Do you ? | 我不相信那封遗书.你呢? |
[1:45:15] | Dickie’s letter.Do you believe it ? | 迪克的信.你相信吗? |
[1:45:18] | I don’t know what to believe. | 我不知道什么该相信. |
[1:45:21] | Can you imagine, though, if he did kill Freddie, | 那你能想象吗,如果是他杀了弗雷迪, |
[1:45:24] | what that must be like ? | 那会是怎样一个情形? |
[1:45:26] | Just to wake up every morning.I mean, how can you ? | 每天早上照常醒来.我是说,你怎么能做到? |
[1:45:29] | Just wake up and be a person ?Drink your coffee. | 醒来像个常人一样的生活?喝你的咖啡. |
[1:45:33] | Well, whatever you do,however terrible, however hurtful, | 呃,不管你做了什么,不管有过可怕,不管有多痛苦, |
[1:45:37] | it all makes sense,doesn’t it, in your head. | 它都是有意义的,不是吗,在你的头脑里. |
[1:45:41] | You never meet anybody who thinks they’re a bad person. | 你从未遇到过自认为是坏人的人. |
[1:45:45] | No, I know, but you’re still tormented. | 没有, 我知道,但是你仍然饱受煎熬. |
[1:45:46] | You must be. You’ve killed someone. | 你一定会这样.你杀了人. |
[1:45:48] | Don’t you just take the past and put it in a room in the basement, | 你不会将过去放进地下室的房间里吗? |
[1:45:51] | and lock the door and never go in there ? | 锁上门,再也不走进去? |
[1:45:53] | – That’s what I do. – God, yes. | -那是我会做的. -上帝啊,是这样. |
[1:45:56] | But, of course, in my case, | 不过,当然,按我的情况, |
[1:45:59] | it’s probably a whole building. | 可能需要一整幢楼来装我的记忆. |
[1:46:02] | – – And then you meet someone special, | -然后你遇到一个对你而言特别的人, |
[1:46:04] | and all you want to do is toss them the key. | 你想做的只是扔给他们这把钥匙. |
[1:46:10] | Say “Open up. Step inside.” | 说 “开了.进来吧.” |
[1:46:15] | But you can’t… | 但是你不能… |
[1:46:17] | – – because it’s dark… | -因为里面很黑… |
[1:46:20] | and there are demons. | 还有恶魔. |
[1:46:24] | And if anybody saw how ugly it is… | 一旦有人看见里面有多肮脏… |
[1:46:31] | Now that’s the music talking. | 现在是音乐在影响你的情绪 |
[1:46:36] | It’s harder to be bleak if you’re playing “Knees Up, Mother Brown.” | 如果你是在弹”站起来,布朗妈妈”想忧郁也难了 |
[1:46:45] | I keep wanting to do that. | 我一直都想…… |
[1:46:48] | Fling…the door open. | 冲开门… |
[1:46:54] | Just let the light in,clean everything out. | 让阳光洒进来,把一切都清洗干净. |
[1:47:00] | If I could take a giant eraser and rub out everything, | 如果我有一块巨大的橡皮,能擦除一切 |
[1:47:04] | starting with myself… | 从我自己开始… |
[1:47:10] | The thing is, Peter, if… | 问题在于,彼得,如果… |
[1:47:15] | – Hmm ? – If… | – 嗯? – 如果… |
[1:47:21] | If… | 如果… |
[1:47:30] | No key, huh ? | 如果没有钥匙,对吗? |
[1:48:17] | – Marge. – Peter. | -玛吉. -彼得. |
[1:48:21] | – So good to see you. – Hello, Marge. | -很高兴见到你. -你好,玛吉. |
[1:48:23] | Tom. | 汤姆. |
[1:48:25] | I see you found Peter. | 我发现你找到了彼得. |
[1:48:27] | I think we sort of found each other. | 我想是我们彼此找到了对方. |
[1:48:29] | – Where’s Dickie’s father ? – He’s not coming till the morning. | -迪克的父亲在哪儿? -他今天早上才能到. |
[1:48:33] | Evidently his stomach. I don’t think the food here is agreeing with him. | 他的胃.我觉得这儿的食物不适合他. |
[1:48:37] | Oh, I was looking forward to seeing him. | 哦,我很期待见到他. |
[1:48:39] | Dickie hasn’t killed himself.I’m sure of that. | 迪克没有自杀.我确信. |
[1:48:42] | There’s a private detective on the case now. | 现在有一位私人侦探正着手调查此案. |
[1:48:44] | A Mr. MacCarron Dickie’s father’s employed. | 麦卡伦先生,迪克的父亲雇来的. |
[1:48:47] | – That’s a terrific idea. – He’s American. | – 这太好了. – 他是个美国人. |
[1:48:50] | He’s already discovered that Dickie cashed checks for $1 ,000… | 他已经查出迪克在失踪前一天… |
[1:48:54] | the day before he disappeared. | 刚取了1000美元. |
[1:48:56] | Signora. | 小姐. |
[1:48:58] | Is that what you do before you jump into the Tiber ? | 你在跳进台伯河前会这样做吗? |
[1:49:01] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为. |
[1:49:08] | – Is this you ? – No, it’s Tom’s. | -这是你的? -不,这是汤姆的. |
[1:49:10] | Splendid, eh ? | 很不错,不是吗? |
[1:49:12] | Golly.Who’s paying for this ? | 天啊.谁付的房租? |
[1:49:16] | Peter found it for me. | 彼得替我找的. |
[1:49:18] | I can afford it because it’s damp and… falling down. | 我能付的起是因为这里又潮湿…又破旧. |
[1:49:23] | – Tom’s transformed it. – This is spectacular. | -汤姆改造过这房子. -太棒了. |
[1:49:26] | That’s why Tom wanted you to stay. | 这就是为什么汤姆希望你能住下来. |
[1:49:28] | It’s better than trying to squeeze into my room. | 这总比挤在我的小屋里好. |
[1:49:31] | And I know how you hate hotels. | 我知道你讨厌旅馆. |
[1:49:33] | A hotel would have been fine. | 旅馆就可以了. |
[1:49:38] | We’ll have to tell Mr. Greenleaf how far his dollar stretched. | 我们得告诉格林立夫先生.他的佣金已经用到哪儿了. |
[1:49:46] | – – What’s funny ? | -什么这么可笑? |
[1:49:49] | I was just thinking about when Tom first came to Mongibello. | 我只是想起汤姆第一次来蒙吉. |
[1:49:55] | – And look at you now. – Look at me what ? | -再看看你现在. -看我什么? |
[1:50:00] | To the manor born. | 贵族出生. |
[1:50:16] | Mr. Greenleaf? | 格林立夫先生? |
[1:50:22] | Mr. Greenleaf? | 格林立夫先生? |
[1:50:24] | Tom. How are you ?You look well. | 汤姆.你好吗?你看起来真不错. |
[1:50:28] | Thank you, sir. I am well. | 谢谢你,先生,我还不错. |
[1:50:30] | Far cry from New York. | 和在纽约时判若两人啊. |
[1:50:31] | – Yes, it is. – Marge. | -是啊. -玛吉. |
[1:50:33] | Good morning.Unusual weather. | 早上好.不寻常的天气. |
[1:50:36] | – Very. – And you, sir. Any better ? | -是呀. -你呢,先生.好点了吗? |
[1:50:39] | Pretty good.Sticking with hot water. | 很好.用热水捂着. |
[1:50:43] | – Where’s Mr. MacCarron ?- San Remo. | -麦卡隆先生呢? -在圣雷默. |
[1:50:45] | The police are amateurs. | 警察都是业余的. |
[1:50:48] | Well, my boy, it’s come to a pretty pass, hasn’t it ? | 呃,我的孩子,不错的转变,不是吗? |
[1:50:52] | What is the detective hoping to find in San Remo ? | 侦探在圣雷默找什么? |
[1:50:56] | He’s being thorough.I’m learning about my son, Tom. | 他在进行地毯式的搜索.我正在了解我的儿子,汤姆. |
[1:51:00] | Now he’s missing,I’m learning a great deal about him, | 现在他失踪了,我了解到很多关于他的事, |
[1:51:04] | and I hope that you can fill in some more blanks for me. | 我希望你能帮我填上一些空白. |
[1:51:07] | Marge has been good enough to do that about Mongibello. | 玛吉已经将蒙吉那部分填得差不多了. |
[1:51:10] | I’ll try my best, sir. | 我会尽最大努力的,先生. |
[1:51:12] | Obviously,I’ll do anything to help Dickie. | 很明显,我会为迪克做一切事情. |
[1:51:14] | — Good. This theory, | -很好.这个理论, |
[1:51:18] | the letter he left for you. | 他留给你的那封信. |
[1:51:19] | The police think that’s a clear indication… | 警察认为这清楚地指出了… |
[1:51:22] | he was planning on doing something,uh, to himself. | 他打算对自己,呃,做些事情. |
[1:51:26] | I just don’t believe that. | 我不相信. |
[1:51:29] | You don’t want to, dear. | 亲爱的,你只是不愿去相信. |
[1:51:34] | I’d like to talk to Tom alone. | 我想和汤姆单独谈谈. |
[1:51:37] | Perhaps this afternoon.Would you mind? | 也许就这个下午.你觉得呢? |
[1:51:42] | Marge, what a man may say to his sweetheart… | 玛吉,一个男人对他的爱人所说的… |
[1:51:46] | and what he’ll admit to another fellow… | 和对他的朋友所说的… |
[1:51:52] | Such as ? | 比如说? |
[1:51:59] | What a waste of lives and opportunities. | 真是在浪费生命和机遇. |
[1:52:02] | I’d pay that fellow a hundred dollars right now to shut up ! | 我宁可付100美元给那个萨克斯手让他闭嘴! |
[1:52:12] | No, Marge doesn’t know the half of it. | 不,玛吉连一半都不知道. |
[1:52:16] | And his passport photo. | 还有他的护照照片 |
[1:52:19] | Did you hear ? To scratch out his own face like that ? | 你听说了吗?把他自己的脸划成那个样子? |
[1:52:23] | Can you imagine ? | 你能想象吗? |
[1:52:25] | Frame of mind you’d have to be in ? | 他一定要这样钻牛角尖吗? |
[1:52:28] | “I’ve thought about going to the police,but I can’t face it. | “我想过要去自首,但是我不能. |
[1:52:31] | I can’t face anything anymore.” | 我再也忍受不了了.” |
[1:52:35] | I feel guilty. I feel like I pushed him away. | 我觉得愧疚.我觉得是我把他推开了. |
[1:52:38] | I feel like I spoke and he heard you. | 我觉得每当我开口劝阻,他听到的都是你的声音. |
[1:52:41] | Well, | 嗯, |
[1:52:43] | if we all pushed him away,what about him pushing us away ? | 与其说是我们把他推开了,还不如说是他把我们都推开了吧? |
[1:52:46] | You’ve been a great friend to my son. | 你曾经是我儿子最好的朋友. |
[1:52:49] | Everything is someone else’s fault. | 每件事都是别人的错. |
[1:52:52] | We all want to sow wild oats, | 我们都想让他放任自流, |
[1:52:55] | but somebody’s got to…got to… | 但是总有人得…得… |
[1:52:58] | What is the word ? | 怎么说来着? |
[1:53:01] | You know, the moment someone confronts him, | 你知道,当有人和他对峙的时候, |
[1:53:05] | he lashes out. | 他总是痛殴对方. |
[1:53:08] | He always has. | 他总是这样. |
[1:53:11] | You know, people always say that you can’t choose your parents, | 你知道, 人们总是说你不能选择你的父母, |
[1:53:19] | but you can’t choose your children. | 但是你也不能选择你的孩子. |
[1:53:23] | – – Dickie. | 迪克. |
[1:53:27] | You can be a leech. You can be quite boring. | 你就像个吸血水蛭.你很令人厌烦. |
[1:53:31] | – Stop it ! – It’s boring. | -住手! -令人厌烦. |
[1:53:36] | Stop, stop, stop ! | 住手,住手,住手! |
[1:53:40] | – Stop, stop, stop ! – Tommy, Tommy. | -住手,住手,住手! – 汤米,汤米. |
[1:53:42] | Like a little girl. | 像个小姑娘. |
[1:53:44] | – Like a little girl.- | 像个小姑娘. |
[1:53:51] | – – Coming. | 来了. |
[1:53:53] | – Sorry. I was asleep. – Finally. | – 不好意思.我睡着了. – 总算开了. |
[1:53:56] | – I must have fallen asleep. – Did Dickie’s dad go ? | -我一定是睡着了. -迪克的爸爸走了吗? |
[1:53:58] | You look ghastly, Tom.Did you have a nightmare ? | 你看起来气色很差,汤姆.是发噩梦了吗? |
[1:54:00] | – He’s having an early night. – Oh, poor man. | -他时差还没调过来. -噢,可怜的老人. |
[1:54:03] | You know, we were banging on that door forever. | 你知道,我们会无休无止地敲下去. |
[1:54:09] | Uh-oh. | 噢-不. |
[1:54:11] | – I think I’ve broken a strap. – Not guilty. | -我想我弄断了一根吊带. -别介意. |
[1:54:15] | – I’ll fix some drinks.- | -我来弄点喝的. |
[1:54:18] | Ah !You walk in Venice. | 噢!这就是在威尼斯步行. |
[1:54:22] | Are you okay ? | 你还好吗? |
[1:54:25] | I’m fine. | 我很好. |
[1:54:27] | – Did you want me to stick around ? – No, it’s okay. | -你想让我留下吗? -不用了,没关系. |
[1:54:33] | I could come back. | 我会回来的. |
[1:54:51] | Your key. | 你的钥匙. |
[1:54:57] | – – Tom ? | -汤姆? |
[1:55:00] | Marge, I’m in the bath.I won’t be long. | 玛吉,我在洗澡.不需要太久的. |
[1:55:03] | Tom, I have to speak to you.It’s urgent. | 汤姆,我必须同你谈谈.非常紧急. |
[1:55:09] | Coming. | 来了. |
[1:55:22] | – I found Dickie’s rings. – What ? | -我找到了迪克的戒指. -什么? |
[1:55:25] | You have Dickie’s rings. | 你拿了迪克的戒指. |
[1:55:32] | I can explain. | 这点我可以解释. |
[1:55:34] | Dickie promised me he would never take off this ring. | 迪克向我保证过他决不会摘掉这个戒指. |
[1:55:38] | Let me put some clothes on and we’ll talk about this. | 先让我穿上点衣服再来讨论此事. |
[1:55:40] | I have to tell Mr. Greenleaf. | 我必须告诉格林立夫先生. |
[1:55:42] | Marge, you’re being hysterical. | 玛吉,你太过敏了. |
[1:55:43] | He promised me, | 他向我保证过, |
[1:55:44] | “I swear, I will never take off this ring until we get…” | “我发誓,我绝不会摘掉这个戒指直到我们结…” |
[1:55:47] | – Shut up !- | -闭嘴! |
[1:55:50] | I’m wet, Marge.I’ve lost my towel. | 我湿透了,玛吉.我的毛巾也掉了. |
[1:55:54] | And I’d really like to put some clothes on. | 我真的得穿上些衣服. |
[1:55:57] | Go and pour us both a drink. | 去给我们俩倒杯酒好吗. |
[1:56:02] | Pour us a drink. | 倒杯酒. |
[1:56:38] | Marge ? | 玛吉? |
[1:56:40] | Where are you going ? | 你要去哪儿? |
[1:56:42] | I wasn’t snooping.I just… | 我没有乱翻.我只是… |
[1:56:46] | I was looking for a needle and thread to mend my bra. | 我只是想找针线缝一下我的文胸. |
[1:56:51] | That scent you’re wearing. | 你在用的这瓶香水. |
[1:56:54] | I bought that for you. | 是我买的. |
[1:56:58] | The thing about Dickie… | 关于迪克的一些事… |
[1:57:00] | So many things. | 很多事. |
[1:57:04] | That day when he was late coming back from Rome, | 那天他从罗马回来晚了, |
[1:57:09] | I tried to tell you this. | 我曾经尝试着告诉你. |
[1:57:10] | He was with another girl.I’m not talking about Meredith, either. | 他是和其它女孩好上了.我并不是指梅瑞迪斯. |
[1:57:14] | Another girl that we met in a bar. | 另一个在酒吧里认识的女孩. |
[1:57:17] | He couldn’t be faithful for five minutes. | 他连五分钟的忠诚都保证不了. |
[1:57:20] | So when he makes a promise, | 所以当他作其它一些保证的时候, |
[1:57:23] | it doesn’t mean what it means when you make a promise… | 并不像你我许诺一样… |
[1:57:25] | or I make a promise. | 会信守到底. |
[1:57:27] | He has so many realities, Dickie,and he believes them all. | 他有那么多的现实,迪克,而他又全部相信. |
[1:57:32] | He lies. He lies. | 他撒谎.他撒谎. |
[1:57:35] | And that’s his…Half the time he doesn’t even realize he’s doing it. | 那还只是一半的情况,有时他甚至意识不到他在背叛誓言. |
[1:57:39] | And today, | 而今天, |
[1:57:42] | I really started wondering whether he may have killed Freddie. | 我开始怀疑是否是他谋杀了弗雷迪. |
[1:57:46] | He would get so crazy if anybody would contradict him. | 如果有人站出来和他对抗,他会变得如此疯狂. |
[1:57:51] | Well, you know that.You know that. | 是这样,你知道这一点.你知道这一点. |
[1:57:53] | You know that. | 你知道这一点. |
[1:57:55] | And that’s the irony, Marge. | 这就是讽刺的地方,玛吉. |
[1:57:57] | I loved you. | 我爱你. |
[1:57:59] | You may as well know, Marge.I loved you. | 你也许已经知道,玛吉.我爱你. |
[1:58:02] | I don’t know, maybe it’s grotesque of me to say this now, | 我知道这时候说这个会很怪异, |
[1:58:05] | so just… write it on apiece of paper or something… | 所以…就请在一张纸或别的什么东西上… |
[1:58:08] | and put it in your purse for a rainy day. | 写上”汤姆爱我,汤姆爱我” |
[1:58:10] | “Tom loves me. Tom loves me.” | 放到你的钱包里,将来也许可以作为慰籍. |
[1:58:14] | – Why do you have Dickie’s rings ? – I told you. | -你为什么会有迪克的戒指 -我告诉过你. |
[1:58:17] | – He gave them to me. – Why ? When ? | -是他给我的. -为什么?什么时候? |
[1:58:20] | I feel as if you haven’t been listening to anything I’ve been saying to you. | 我觉得你刚才完全没有在听我对你说的话. |
[1:58:24] | I don’t believe you.I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你.我不相信你. |
[1:58:27] | – It’s all true. – I don’t believe… | -这都是真的. -你说的话… |
[1:58:29] | a single word you’ve said. | 我一个字也不相信. |
[1:58:33] | You’re shivering, Marge.Look at you. | 你在发抖,玛吉.看看你. |
[1:58:37] | Marge, can I hold you ? | 玛吉,我能抱着你吗? |
[1:58:40] | Will you let me hold you ? | 你能让我抱着你吗? |
[1:58:42] | – – Marge ? | -玛吉? |
[1:58:45] | – Peter ! Thank God you’re here. – What’s going on ? | -彼得!感谢上天你来了. -怎么了? |
[1:58:48] | Get me out of here.Get me out of here. Please! | 带我走.带我走.求求你了! |
[1:58:51] | – Tom, are you okay ?- | – 汤姆,你还好吗? |
[1:58:55] | You try.You try talking to her. | 你试试.你试着劝劝她. |
[1:59:00] | – Tom ? – I give up. | -汤姆? -我放弃. |
[1:59:02] | Tell me what’s going on.Tom ! | 告诉我到底发生了什么.汤姆! |
[1:59:05] | – What did I ever do to her? – Listen… | -我从未对她做过什么,我对她做过什么吗? -听着… |
[1:59:08] | Have her tell you one thing that I’ve ever done to her. | 她能说出一件我曾经伤害过她的事吗? |
[1:59:10] | You can’t be angry with her. | 听着,你不能同她怄气. |
[1:59:13] | She’s confused, and she needs someone to blame. | 她很迷惑,她需要一个迁怒的对象. |
[1:59:16] | So she blames you. | 所以她迁怒于你. |
[1:59:18] | I’ll go back home and talk to her. | 我会回去和她好好谈谈. |
[1:59:21] | As for you, | 至于你, |
[1:59:23] | either get a safety razor or grow a beard. | 要么换个安全剃刀,要么就留胡子吧. |
[1:59:39] | – Is Mr. Greenleaf here ? – Mr. Ripley ? | -格林立夫先生在吗?-瑞普雷先生? |
[1:59:43] | – Yes. – I’m Alvin MacCarron. | -是我. -我是阿尔文·麦克隆. |
[1:59:47] | I don’t know,I don’t know. I just know it. | 我不知道,我不知道.我就知道是这样. |
[1:59:51] | Marge, there’s female intuition and then there are facts. | 玛吉,这只是女性的直觉,然而事实…… |
[1:59:56] | – Tom. – Sir. | -汤姆. -先生. |
[1:59:58] | Marge, you should have waited.I didn’t… | 玛吉,你该等一等的.我没有… |
[2:00:01] | Didn’t Peter say I’d come by and pick you up ? | 彼得没有告诉你我会顺道去接你吗? |
[2:00:05] | Marge has been telling us about the rings. | 玛吉在对我们说戒指的事情. |
[2:00:07] | Yes, I feel ridiculous I didn’t mention them yesterday. | 是啊,我也觉得很荒谬,我昨天并没有提起. |
[2:00:10] | I clean forgot.Ridiculous. | 我完全忘了.太荒谬了. |
[2:00:15] | Perhaps you didn’t mention them because there’s only one conclusion to be drawn. | 也许只有一个理由能解释为什么你没有告诉我们. |
[2:00:21] | I’m going to take Marge for a walk.Tom, Mr. MacCarron needs to talk to you. | 我带玛吉去散散步.汤姆,麦克隆先生需要和你谈谈. |
[2:00:25] | There’s no need. We could go to the bar. There’s no need. | 没必要吧.我们可以一起去酒吧.没这个必要. |
[2:00:27] | No, no. | 不,不. |
[2:00:29] | I think you should stay here. | 我认为你应该呆在这里. |
[2:00:53] | I could probably see my room from here. | 我能从这儿看到我的房间. |
[2:00:55] | I can see my house. | 我能看到我的房子. |
[2:00:59] | When you see where you live from a distance, it’s like a dream, isn’t it ? | 当你从远方眺望你的家时,感觉就像是在做梦,是不是? |
[2:01:03] | I don’t care for B.S. | 我没时间瞎扯 |
[2:01:06] | I don’t care to hear it.I don’t care to speak it. | 我不想听.也不想说. |
[2:01:12] | – Okay. – Did you know that at Princeton… | -好吧. -你知道在普林斯顿的时候… |
[2:01:15] | Dickie Greenleaf half-killed a boy ? | 迪克·格林立夫差点打死了一个男孩? |
[2:01:16] | At a party over some girl. | 在一个聚会上为了些女孩争风吃醋. |
[2:01:18] | Kicked the kid several times in the head, put him in the hospital. | 踹了那男孩的头好几脚,把他送进了医院. |
[2:01:22] | Boy had a wire fixed in his jaw,lost some hearing. | 男孩的下巴得用铁丝固定,丧失了部分听力. |
[2:01:26] | Why do you think Dickie’s father sent him to Europe in the first place ? | 你以为为什么迪克的父亲最初要把他送到欧洲来? |
[2:01:32] | The Rome police didn’t think to ask Mr. Greenleaf. | 罗马警局没想到来问格林立夫先生. |
[2:01:37] | Nor did they think to check on whether a Thomas Ripley… | 也没想过要去查查汤姆斯·瑞普雷是否真的… |
[2:01:41] | had ever been a student at Princeton University. | 曾经在普林斯顿上学. |
[2:01:43] | Oh, I turned up a Tom Ripley… | 噢,我发现汤姆·瑞普雷… |
[2:01:48] | who had been a piano tuner in the music department. | 原来只是音乐系的一个钢琴调音师. |
[2:01:54] | You see, in America, | 你看,在美国, |
[2:01:56] | we are taught to check a fact before it becomes a fact. | 我们总是被教育要防患于未然. |
[2:02:00] | We’re taught to nose around. | 我们被训练去四处探听. |
[2:02:02] | When a girl drowns herself, | 如果一个女孩溺水死了, |
[2:02:05] | find out if that girl is pregnant. | 查查看她是否怀孕了. |
[2:02:07] | Find out if Dickie had an embarrassment there. | 查查看迪克是不是有什么不可告人的秘密. |
[2:02:12] | Mr. Greenleaf appreciates your loyalty.He really does. | 格林立夫先生非常欣赏你的忠诚.他真的很欣赏. |
[2:02:15] | Marge…She has a hundred theories. | 玛吉…她能有上百种推论. |
[2:02:18] | There are a few things that she doesn’t know. | 有些事情是她不知道的. |
[2:02:21] | We hope she never knows. | 我们希望她永远也不要知道. |
[2:02:23] | I hope she never knows. | 我们希望她永远也不要知道. |
[2:02:26] | Three different people… | 三个不同的人… |
[2:02:28] | saw Dickie get into Freddie’s car. | 看见迪克进了弗雷迪的车. |
[2:02:32] | One man,who will not testify… | 其中一个,并不会指认… |
[2:02:35] | because he was jumping somebody else’s wife at the time, | 因为他当时是在和别人的妻子通奸, |
[2:02:39] | saw Dickie removing license plates from a red sports car. | 他看到迪克从一辆红色跑车上取下牌照. |
[2:02:43] | The police know about this man because he happens to be a policeman. | 警方之所以知道是因为这人本身就是个警察. |
[2:02:49] | I found these in the basement of Dickie’s apartment. | 我在迪克的地下室里发现了这些. |
[2:02:52] | They belong to Freddie’s car. | 它们是弗雷迪的车上的. |
[2:02:54] | Mr. Greenleaf has asked me… | 格林立夫先生叫我… |
[2:02:58] | to lose these in the canal this evening. | 把这些扔到运河里去. |
[2:03:07] | Mr. Greenleaf feels that there was a silent promise… | 格林立夫先生说他从迪克给你的信中… |
[2:03:10] | in Dickie’s letter to you which he intends to honor. | 觉察到了迪克对你的一些秘密承诺. |
[2:03:13] | He also intends to transfer a good portion… | 他已经打算将迪克收入的一大部分… |
[2:03:15] | of Dickie’s income from his trust into your name. | 转入你的账户. |
[2:03:20] | He does not intend… | 他不想让… |
[2:03:22] | to give the Italians any information about Dickie’s past. | 意大利人知道任何关于迪克的过去. |
[2:03:28] | He’s rather hoping that…you will feel the same. | 他宁可希望…你也是这样想的. |
[2:03:50] | – Thank you so much, Tom. – Sir. | – 非常感谢,汤姆. – 先生. |
[2:03:53] | Good-bye. | 再见. |
[2:03:58] | Marge, I feel I never should have said those things to you the other evening. | 玛吉, 我希望我那天晚上从未对你说过那些话. |
[2:04:03] | I was pretty flustered,and the rings…And you looked so… | 我太慌乱了,还有戒指…你看起来又那么… |
[2:04:08] | I don’t know. | 我不知道. |
[2:04:09] | But I hope that note goes in your purse to New York… | 但我希望你钱包里那张纸条能和你一回纽约… |
[2:04:14] | for a rainy day. | 总有一天会用上的. |
[2:04:17] | – What are you gonna do now, Tom ? – I don’t know. | -你现在打算干吗,汤姆? -我不知道. |
[2:04:22] | Peter has a concert in Athens next month, | 彼得下个月在雅典有场音乐会, |
[2:04:24] | so he asked me to come along and help out. | 所以他问我是否愿意一起去帮帮他的忙. |
[2:04:28] | He says good-bye. | 他向你告别. |
[2:04:30] | By the way, he was in rehearsal so he couldn’t… | 对了,他正在预演所以不能来… |
[2:04:34] | Why do I think there’s never been a Ripley rainy day ? | 为什么我觉得瑞普雷永远都不会陷入困境? |
[2:04:37] | What ? | 什么? |
[2:04:39] | I know it was you.I know it was you. | 我知道是你干的.我知道是你干的. |
[2:04:44] | I know it was you !I know it was you ! | 我知道是你干的!我知道是你干的! |
[2:04:46] | – Marge, Marge. Please ! – I know you killed Dickie ! | -玛吉,玛吉.别这样! -我知道是你杀了迪克! |
[2:04:50] | – Marge ! – I know ! No ! | -玛吉! -我知道!不! |
[2:04:52] | I know it was you ! | 我知道是你干的! |
[2:04:56] | Marge.Marge, please. | 玛吉.玛吉,别这样. |
[2:04:58] | It’s not Tom.Really. | 不是汤姆.真的. |
[2:05:09] | We are called gondoleri | 我们是凤尾船船夫 |
[2:05:13] | But that’s a vagary It’s quite honorary | 不过那只是幻想,那是无上的光荣 |
[2:05:17] | The trade that we ply | 我们的往返旅途 |
[2:05:22] | Ask me what I want to change about this moment. | 问我这一刻我想改变什么. |
[2:05:25] | I don’t know. What do you want to change about this moment ? | 我不知道. 你想改变这一刻? |
[2:05:28] | Nothing. | 什么也不变. |
[2:05:34] | I’m freezing. Coming down ? | 我冷死了.一起下去? |
[2:05:36] | Later. I want to catch the sunset. | 过一会. 我想看看日落. |
[2:05:39] | – You’re mad. – I am. | -你疯了. -我是疯了. |
[2:05:52] | Dickie ? | 迪克? |
[2:05:57] | Dickie ? | 迪克? |
[2:06:03] | Dickie ! | 迪克! |
[2:06:17] | Oh, my God. | 哦,我的天. |
[2:06:21] | Hello, Meredith. | 你好,梅瑞迪斯. |
[2:06:26] | I was looking at you. | 我刚一直在看你. |
[2:06:27] | Your clothes.I wouldn’t have known you. | 你的衣服.我差点就认不出来了. |
[2:06:32] | Well, you spotted me,so you get the reward. | 呃,你发现了我,所以你拿到了你的奖励. |
[2:06:36] | – What ? -Just kidding. | -什么? -开玩笑. |
[2:06:38] | – Are you alone ? – Oh. | -你一个人? -噢. |
[2:06:42] | Hardly.Couldn’t be less alone. | 难说.孤单的不能再孤单了. |
[2:06:46] | – Aunt Joan. – And “co.” | -琼阿姨. -还有叔叔 |
[2:06:52] | A lot of “co.” | 太多叔叔了 |
[2:06:54] | Oh, God. | 噢,天. |
[2:06:57] | You know, seeing you again, I… | 你知道,再次看到你, 我… |
[2:07:02] | I’ve thought about you… | 在想你… |
[2:07:05] | so much. | 一直. |
[2:07:08] | And I’ve thought about you. | 我也在想你. |
[2:07:12] | Yeah, well, when I’ve thought about you,I was mostly hating you. | 是呀,不过,当我想到你的时候,我可是很恨你的. |
[2:07:22] | Where have you been hiding ? | 你躲哪儿去了? |
[2:07:25] | I haven’t been hiding. | 我没躲. |
[2:07:27] | I’ve been in police custody. | 我被警察看守. |
[2:07:31] | They’ve been trying to flush out Freddie’s killer. | 他们试图找出杀死弗雷迪的凶手. |
[2:07:34] | – You’re kidding. – They’re giving me this vacation, | – 你开玩笑. – 他们给了我这个假期, |
[2:07:38] | which is why the getup. | 这就是我为什么打扮成这样的缘故. |
[2:07:39] | Which is why you haven’t heard from me. | 这也是你为什么没听到我的消息. |
[2:07:42] | You know, the whole world thinks you killed Freddie. | 你知道, 整个世界都认为是你杀了弗雷迪. |
[2:07:45] | – Oh ! It’s terrible. – I know. | -哦!太可怕了. -我知道. |
[2:07:47] | Listen, I can’t talk now. Um, later ? | 你看,我现在不能长谈.嗯,呆会见? |
[2:07:55] | Later ? Later ? | 呆会见?呆会见? |
[2:08:08] | So… | 那么… |
[2:08:15] | Are you traveling under “R” ? | 你还是以”R”为姓名首字母旅行的吗? |
[2:08:19] | You know what ? I am. | 你知道吗? 正是这样. |
[2:08:24] | Dickie, are you with Peter Smith-Kingsley ? I bet you are. | 迪克,你是和彼得·史密斯·金斯利在一起吗?我赌你是的. |
[2:08:28] | My aunt thought she saw him. | 我的姑姑说她看见他了. |
[2:08:31] | Peter Smith-Kingsley ?No, I… | 彼得·史密斯·金斯利?不, 我… |
[2:08:33] | I haven’t seen him in months. | 我已经好几个月没见过他了. |
[2:08:37] | No, I’m alone. | 不,我一个人. |
[2:08:58] | Hi. | 嗨. |
[2:09:03] | – How was it ? – It was good. | – 美吗? – 不错. |
[2:09:07] | But I’ll tell you something. | 不过我要告诉你一些事. |
[2:09:09] | I want us to stay in here for the rest of the trip. | 我希望我们接下来的旅程都在这里度过. |
[2:09:16] | Was that Meredith ? | 那是梅瑞迪斯吗? |
[2:09:21] | Was who Meredith ? | 谁是梅瑞迪斯吗? |
[2:09:23] | Meredith Logue. You were kissing someone. It looked like Meredith. | 梅瑞迪斯·罗吉.你刚刚在吻什么人.看起来像是梅瑞迪斯. |
[2:09:33] | I came out to find you. | 我出去找你了. |
[2:09:36] | Oh, hardly kissing. | 哦,也不算是吻. |
[2:09:40] | – Kissing off. – It didn’t look that way. | – 吻个别而已. – 看起来不像是那样. |
[2:09:45] | You know ?From a distance ? | 你知道吗?远远望过去? |
[2:09:52] | I lied… to her. | 我…骗了她. |
[2:09:56] | She thought she’d seen you. | 她以为她看到你了. |
[2:10:00] | Why lie ? | 为什么要骗她? |
[2:10:01] | Dickie and Peter together. That’s just too good gossip. | 迪克和彼得在一起.会招来太多闲言闲语. |
[2:10:06] | Or Tom and Peter, even. | 或是汤姆和彼得在一起. |
[2:10:08] | That would be even better gossip. | 那甚至会招来更多闲言闲语. |
[2:10:11] | Really ? Why ? | 真的吗?为什么? |
[2:10:17] | I..I, um…I’m completely lost. | 我..我,嗯…我完全迷惑了. |
[2:10:25] | I know. | 我知道. |
[2:10:27] | I’m sorry, Peter. | 对不起,彼得. |
[2:10:31] | I’m lost. | 是我迷失了自己. |
[2:10:36] | I’m gonna be stuck in the basement, aren’t I ? | 我会永远被困死在地下室里了,是吗? |
[2:10:40] | Aren’t I ? | 是吗? |
[2:10:43] | That’s my… | 那是我… |
[2:10:48] | Terrible… | 可怕… |
[2:10:51] | and alone… | 寂寞… |
[2:10:53] | and dark. | 并且黑暗的地下室. |
[2:10:57] | And I’ve lied… | 我还撒了谎… |
[2:10:59] | about who I am… | 关于我是谁… |
[2:11:03] | and where I am. | 我在哪儿. |
[2:11:05] | Now no one’ll ever find me. | 现在再也没人能找到我了. |
[2:11:09] | What do you mean,lied about who you are ? | 你在说什么,撒谎说你是谁? |
[2:11:12] | I always thought it’d be better… | 我总是想… |
[2:11:14] | to be a fake somebody… | 做一个虚假的大人物… |
[2:11:17] | than a real nobody. | 总比做个无足轻重的人好. |
[2:11:20] | What are you talking about ?You’re not a nobody. | 你到底在说什么?你怎么会是个无足轻重的人. |
[2:11:24] | That’s the last thing you are. | 你最不可能会是这种人. |
[2:11:33] | Peter. | 彼得. |
[2:11:36] | Tell me some good things about Tom Ripley. | 告诉我一些关于汤姆的优点. |
[2:11:41] | No, don’t get up.Don’t get up. Don’t get up. | 别,别起来.别起来.别起来. |
[2:11:46] | Just… | 就… |
[2:11:51] | Just tell me some nice things…about Tom Ripley. | 就告诉我关于汤姆-瑞普雷的…一些优点. |
[2:11:58] | “Good things about Tom Ripley.” | “关于汤姆·瑞普雷的优点.” |
[2:12:03] | That could take me some time. | 这可得花些时间了. |
[2:12:08] | Tom is talented.Tom is tender. | 汤姆很有天赋.汤姆很温柔. |
[2:12:13] | Tom is beautiful. | 汤姆很美丽. |
[2:12:15] | You’re such a liar. | 你是个大骗子. |
[2:12:21] | Tom is…Tom is a mystery. | 汤姆-…汤姆是个谜. |
[2:12:30] | Tom is not a nobody. | 汤姆不是无足轻重. |
[2:12:36] | Tom has secrets he doesn’t want to tell me, | 汤姆有秘密不想告诉我, |
[2:12:40] | and I wish he would. | 我希望他能告诉我. |
[2:12:46] | Tom has nightmares. | 汤姆会做恶梦. |
[2:12:53] | That’s not a good thing. | 这不是一件好事. |
[2:13:00] | Tom has someone to love him. | 汤姆有个深爱他的人. |
[2:13:04] | That is a good thing. | 这是件好事. |
[2:13:09] | Mmm. Tom is crushing me. | 嗯.汤姆在压着我. |
[2:13:14] | Tom is crushing me. | 汤姆在压着我. |
[2:13:17] | – – Tom. Tom, you’re crush… | -汤姆.汤姆,你在压着我… |
[2:13:21] | – – Oh, God! | – 噢,上帝啊! |
[2:13:25] | Oh, God! | – 噢,上帝啊! |
[2:13:27] | – – Oh, God! | – 噢,上帝啊! |
[2:13:35] | Oh, God! Peter. | – 噢,上帝啊!彼得. |