时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Every state has its folklore, | 每个州都有自己的民间传说 |
[00:03] | tall tales and legends. | 怪谈和神话 |
[00:05] | But sometimes there is a darker story. | 但有时有更阴暗的故事 |
[00:08] | A tale not so much told as whispered. | 不能明说 只能耳语 |
[00:17] | Taxidermy, is more than just a hobby. | 标本剥制术 不只是业余爱好 |
[00:22] | Or a profession. | 或职业 |
[00:25] | It’s a callin’. | 它是一种使命 |
[00:27] | A way to preserve something great… | 保存伟大事物的方式 |
[00:30] | Forever. | 直到永远 |
[00:32] | Sebastian Klepppterm– Mr. Kleppner… | 塞巴斯蒂安·克莱纳普… 是克莱普钠先生 |
[00:36] | was the best I’ve ever seen. | 是我见过最优秀的 |
[00:38] | I mean, he was nominated for Taxidermist of the Year, | 他曾被《填充》杂志提名为 |
[00:41] | no less than 12 times by Get Stuffed magazine. | “年度最佳标本师” 不下12次 |
[00:46] | He was a local legend, | 他在本地是传奇人物 |
[00:48] | and my personal hero. | 也是我心目中的英雄 |
[00:56] | This is the story | 这个故事 |
[00:58] | about his greatest masterpiece. | 讲述的是他最伟大的杰作 |
[01:04] | And how it became his gravest mistake. | 以及那如何变成了他最大的错误 |
[01:29] | Not quite… | 还差一点 |
[01:40] | There we go, my friend. As good as new. | 好了 朋友 你完好如初 |
[01:44] | Better even. | 甚至比原来更好 |
[01:54] | Jesus! You scared me. | 老天 你吓我一跳 |
[01:57] | What you need some secret password to get in here or something? | 怎么 需要对暗号才能进去吗 |
[02:00] | We’re closed. | 我们打烊了 |
[02:02] | Yeah… | 可是 |
[02:04] | Sign says you’re open. | 招牌写着你还在营业 |
[02:08] | Touche. | 好吧 |
[02:10] | I know it’s late, but… | 我知道很晚了 但是 |
[02:13] | I got something in my truck. | 我车上有样东西 |
[02:14] | It’s a bit of a time sensitive thing. | 需要抓紧时间处理 |
[02:16] | Number’s on the sign. | 招牌上有电话号码 |
[02:17] | You can call that and make an appointment tomorrow. | 你可以打去预约明天过来 |
[02:20] | You’re not listening to me. | 你没听明白 |
[02:22] | You’re really gonna wanna see this. | 你会对这个感兴趣的 |
[02:36] | Where did you say you hit this? | 你刚才说在哪里撞上的 |
[02:38] | A few miles outside Tillamook. | 蒂拉穆克镇外几英里处 |
[02:40] | Came out of nowhere. | 它突然冲出来 |
[02:42] | In all my years living in these parts, | 我在这一带生活了那么多年 |
[02:44] | I have never see anything like this. | 从没见过这样的动物 |
[02:46] | I mean… | 真的 |
[02:48] | look at the claw on that thing. | 你看看它的爪子 |
[02:52] | All right. | 好吧 |
[02:54] | Help me get this inside. | 帮我搬进去 |
[02:56] | That is ripe. | 好难闻 |
[03:00] | Did you hit this with all four tires of your car? | 你四个车轮都从它身上碾过去了吗 |
[03:03] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[03:04] | Yeah, I got this son of a gun real good. | 这混蛋被我撞得不轻 |
[03:12] | This is awesome. | 这个太漂亮了 |
[03:15] | And I’ve seen my fair share of stuffed critters before, | 我以前见过不少小动物标本 |
[03:17] | but this is on a whole new level here. | 但这么精致的还是第一次看到 |
[03:19] | Careful. | 小心点 |
[03:22] | The glue on that hasn’t cured yet. | 上面的胶水还没干 |
[03:24] | Yeah. | 好 |
[03:25] | You know, don’t touch anything. | 别乱碰任何东西 |
[03:28] | Yeah, cool. | 行吧 |
[03:30] | If you’d known any better, | 要不是知道是标本 |
[03:30] | you’d swear that these things were still alive. | 一定会以为这些动物是活的 |
[03:32] | Well, that is the point, isn’t it? | 这就是制标本的目的 不是吗 |
[03:35] | What? To fool people into thinking some of ’em still alive. | 让人们误以为其中一些还活着吗 |
[03:38] | No. | 不 |
[03:40] | To capture the true essence of life in a moment. | 是凝固生命的瞬间 |
[03:44] | And then to preserve it forever. | 然后永远留存 |
[03:48] | Well, you have certainly done that, amigo. | 那你绝对做到了 朋友 |
[03:53] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[03:54] | Maybe, not yet. | 也许吧 尚未做到 |
[03:57] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[04:00] | I can’t help you with this. This is beyond repair. | 我帮不了你 这已经无法修复了 |
[04:03] | Really? Well, that’s a bummer. | 真的吗 真令人失望 |
[04:06] | You have any idea what this thing is? | 你知道这是什么生物吗 |
[04:08] | It’s… definitely a mammal. | 肯定是哺乳动物 |
[04:11] | Probably bipedal. Maybe from the Procyonidae family. | 很可能是两足动物 也许属于浣熊科 |
[04:14] | Proso… | “玩”熊… |
[04:16] | Yeah. | 对 |
[04:17] | Yep, that’s what I was thinking, too, you know? | 我也是这么想的 |
[04:20] | Well, you know anybody else that might be able to help me then? | 那你还认识谁 也许能帮到我 |
[04:25] | It’s Oregon. | 这里是俄勒冈州 |
[04:26] | I’m sure you can throw a stone and hit a taxidermist. | 你随便丢块石头都能砸中一个标本师 |
[04:30] | Yeah, right. | 好吧 |
[04:32] | You know, actually, I saw | 其实 我刚才在镇上 |
[04:33] | some sign in town for a shop creature something– | 看见一个店标 写着生物什么 |
[04:36] | – Creature Creations. – Yeah, I’m sure. | -生物创物 -对 应该是 |
[04:38] | Megan Bloom’s shop. The shop that’s up in the hill. | 梅根·布鲁姆的店 山坡上那一家 |
[04:40] | – Yeah. The shop– – You know what? | -对 就是那家 -你知道吗 |
[04:44] | What Megan Bloom does isn’t taxidermy. | 梅根·布鲁姆所做的不是标本剥制 |
[04:47] | It is sacrilege. | 而是亵渎 |
[04:54] | Get down there, Big Reagan, I’m sure it’s not that bad. | 太夸张了 老里根 没那么严重吧 |
[04:56] | To be stuffed by Megan Bloom would be a fate worse than death. | 被梅根·布鲁姆填充是比死亡更可怕的事 |
[05:07] | I’ll tell you what. | 这样吧 |
[05:10] | Why don’t you leave this here… | 你把这个留在我这 |
[05:15] | and I’ll take a look at it if I get a chance. | 我有时间再研究一下 |
[05:19] | You’re a weird one, but I like you. | 你真是个怪人 但我喜欢你 |
[05:21] | All right, I’ll see you tomorrow. | 好 那明天见 |
[07:26] | “Homo Sapien Cognatus.” | “智人近亲” |
[07:33] | Sasquatch. | 大脚怪 |
[07:37] | It’s smaller than I expected. | 比我想象的要小 |