英文名称:2001 A Space Odyssey
年代:1968
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[25:44] | Here you are, sir. Main level, please. | 先生到了 请上主甲板 |
[25:47] | Right. See you on the way back. | 好的 回程时再见 |
[25:49] | -Bye. -Bye. | 再见 再见 |
[25:52] | -Good morning, sir. -Morning. | 先生 早安 -早安 |
[25:54] | -We haven’t seen you for a long time. -Nice to see you again. | 你已经有好久没到这儿来了 -很高兴再见到你 |
[25:57] | -Did you have a pleasant flight? -Very nice. | 这次飞行愉快吗? 很好 谢谢 |
[26:00] | Mr. Miller of Station Security is supposed to meet me. | 我想基地室的米勒先生 应该在等我 |
[26:03] | -May I call him for you? -Would you? Here he is! | 我帮你叫他好吗?-麻烦你 他来了 |
[26:06] | -Hello, Dr. Floyd. -Hello, Miller. | 博士你好 抱歉我迟到了 |
[26:07] | -Sorry I’m late. -That’s all right. | 没关系 你看来气色不错 |
[26:09] | It’s nice to have you back. | 谢谢 真高兴你回来 |
[26:12] | -Did you have a good flight? -Very nice. | 这次旅途愉快吗? -很好 |
[26:14] | -Shall we go through? -Would you please use number 17? | 那就好 我们进去好吗? 请使用17号门 |
[26:17] | Thank you, Miss Turner. | 谢谢你 透纳小姐 |
[26:19] | This way. | 请走这边 |
[26:25] | Welcome to Voice Print Identification. | 欢迎接受声影测试 |
[26:28] | When you see the red light go on, please state in the following order: | 当你看见红灯亮时 请按顺序说出: |
[26:33] | Your destination, your nationality and your full name. | 你的目的地 国籍、还有你的全名 |
[26:37] | Surname first, Christian name, and initial. | 先说姓 然后是名字和缩写 |
[26:41] | Moon. American. Floyd, Heywood R. | 月球、美国籍 佛洛伊德.赫伍德.R |
[26:48] | Thank you. You are cleared through Voice Print Identification. | 谢谢 你已通过声影测试 |
[26:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:01] | -Have I got time for breakfast? -I think we can manage that. | 我有空吃早餐吗? 也许可以 |
[27:04] | How long have I got? | 我还有多久出发? |
[27:05] | Your flight leaves in an hour and 10 minutes. | 大概一小时十分钟 |
[27:08] | I’ve reserved a table for you in the Earthlight Room. | 事实上 我已替你订了位 |
[27:12] | It’s been 7 or 8 months since you were here, hasn’t it? | 上次你来是七、八个月前吧 |
[27:15] | Let’s see. Yeah, about 8 months. | 我想想看 是去年六月 对 有八个月了 |
[27:17] | I suppose you saw the work on the new section? | 我想你已看过新单位的工作 |
[27:20] | -Coming along great, huh? -Yeah, it’s fine. | 是很不错的吗? -不错 |
[27:23] | Oh, wait! | 等一等! |
[27:24] | I’ve got to make a couple calls. I’ll meet you in the restaurant. | 我想打通电话 你先到餐厅 我去找你 |
[27:57] | -Hello. -Yes. | -哈喽 -嗯 |
[28:00] | -Hiya, squirt! -All right. | -哈罗 宝贝 -嗯 |
[28:02] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[28:05] | Playing. | 我在玩 |
[28:06] | Where’s Mummy? | 妈妈呢? |
[28:08] | Gone to shopping. | 上街买东西 |
[28:09] | -Who’s taking care of you? -Rachel. | 那谁照顾你 -瑞契儿 |
[28:12] | -May I speak to Rachel, please? -She’s gone to the bathroom. | 我跟她讲话好吗?-她去洗手间了 |
[28:16] | Are you coming to my party tomorrow? | 明天你能来参加我的派对吗 |
[28:19] | I’m sorry, sweetheart, but I can’t. | 抱歉 甜心 我不能去 |
[28:22] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[28:23] | Well, you know, Daddy’s traveling. | 你知道 爸爸正在旅行 |
[28:26] | Very sorry about it, but I just can’t. | 很抱歉 我真的不能去 |
[28:30] | I’m going to send you a very nice present, though. | 可是我可以送你一个礼物 |
[28:34] | All right. | 好吧 |
[28:35] | -Anything special that you want? -Yes. | 你想要什么特别的东西吗?有的 |
[28:38] | What? | 什么东西? |
[28:39] | A telephone. | 电话 |
[28:41] | We’ve got lots of telephones already. | 我们已经通有很多电话了 |
[28:43] | Can’t you think of anything else for your birthday? Something special? | 你能不能想想其它的东西 来庆祝你的生日 |
[28:48] | -Yes. -What? | 有啊! 什么东西? |
[28:50] | A bush baby. | 一只猩猩 |
[28:51] | A bush baby? We’ll have to see about that. | 一只猩猩? 那我们得想想办法找找看 |
[28:54] | I want you to tell Mummy something for me. Will you remember? | 甜心 我要你转告妈咪 你要记得? |
[28:56] | Yeah. | 我会 |
[28:58] | Tell Mummy that I telephoned. Okay? | 你告诉妈咪我打过电话 好吗? |
[29:02] | And that I’ll try to telephone again tomorrow. | 告诉她 明天我会再打电话 好吗? |
[29:06] | Now, will you tell her that? | 你会告诉她吧? |
[29:09] | -Yeah. -Okay, sweetheart. Have a nice birthday tomorrow. | 我会的 很好 甜心 明天生日好好玩 |
[29:13] | All right. | 好 |
[29:14] | And have a nice birthday party tomorrow too, huh? | 明天生日派对愉快 |
[29:18] | All right. | 好 |
[29:19] | Take care and be a good girl, won’t you? | 好了 要小心 要乖乖 好吗? |
[29:22] | All right. Bye-bye! | 好的 再见 |
[29:23] | Bye-bye! Happy birthday! | 再见 生日快乐 |
[29:39] | -Elena, how nice to see you again. -Heywood, what a wonderful surprise! | 艾琳娜 真高兴见到你 赫伍德 真高兴在此见到你 |
[29:44] | -You’re looking wonderful. -You’re looking well too. | 你看起来很不错 谢谢 你看起来也很不错 |
[29:47] | This is my friend, Dr. Heywood Floyd. | 这是我的好朋友 佛博士 |
[29:49] | I’d like you to meet Dr. Kalinan. | 我来介绍一下 卡莉娜博士 |
[29:52] | Dr. Stretyneva. | 你好 史博士 你好 |
[29:54] | And this is Dr. Andrei Smyslov. | 这位是史麦斯洛夫博士 |
[29:56] | How do you do? I’ve heard a lot about you. | 你好 久仰大名 |
[29:59] | Do sit down. | 请坐 |
[30:00] | -Well, we– -No, no, please. | 我们 不用客气 请 |
[30:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:05] | -Would you like a drink, Doctor? -No, thank you. | 博士要喝点什么?不用 谢谢你 |
[30:08] | I haven’t had breakfast yet. Someone’s meeting me in the restaurant. | 其实我还没吃早餐呢 我约了人在餐厅见面 |
[30:11] | I’ll just sit with you a moment. Then I’ll be off. | 如果各位不介意 我坐几分钟就走 |
[30:14] | -Are you quite sure? -Quite sure, thank you. | 真的不喝点什么吗? 不客气 谢谢你 |
[30:18] | -Well, how’s Gregor? -He’s fine. | 葛雷哥近来如何? 他很好 |
[30:20] | He’s been doing underwater research in the Baltic… | 他在波罗的海从事海底实验 |
[30:24] | …so I’m afraid we don’t see very much of each other these days. | 所以最近我们很少碰面 |
[30:28] | -When you see him, give him my regards. -Yes, of course. | 如果见到他 记着代我问好 当然 |
[30:32] | Well, where are you all off to? Up or down? | 你们大伙要去那里? 上还是下 |
[30:35] | We’re going home. | 我们正准备回家 |
[30:36] | We’ve just spent 3 months calibrating the new antenna at Tchalinko. | 我们刚花了三个月的时间 校正柴林科号上的新天线 |
[30:41] | -What about you? -I’m on my way to Clavius. | 你呢? 我正要去克莱威斯 |
[30:44] | Oh, are you? | 噢 是吗? |
[30:46] | Clavius. | 克莱威斯 |
[30:48] | Dr. Floyd, I hope you don’t think I’m being too inquisitive… | 博士 请不要介意我太好奇 |
[30:52] | …but perhaps you can clear up the big mystery about what is going on there. | 但是也许你可以澄清一下 到底那里发生了什么事 |
[30:58] | I’m afraid I don’t know what you mean. | 我恐怕不太了解你的意思 |
[31:00] | For the past two weeks… | 过去两个星期 克莱威斯发生怪事 |
[31:02] | …some extremely odd things have been happening at Clavius. | 过去两个星期 克莱威斯发生怪事 |
[31:06] | -Oh, really? -Yes, yes. | 真的吗?真的 |
[31:08] | For one thing, when you phone the base, all you get is a recording… | 例如 当你打电话到该基地时 只能听到电话录音 |
[31:13] | …which repeats that the phone lines are temporarily out of order. | 重覆的告诉你线路故障 |
[31:18] | Probably having some trouble with their equipment. | 可能是他们的装备故障 |
[31:22] | That’s what we thought at first, but it’s been going on now for 10 days. | 是的 起先我们也是这么想 但是到现在为止已经十天了 |
[31:27] | You haven’t been able to contact anyone for 10 days? | 你是说在过去十天中 你们无法与任何人联络 |
[31:30] | That’s right. | 正是如此 |
[31:32] | Oh, I see. | 原来如此 |
[31:33] | There’s another thing. Two days ago, one of our rocket buses… | 还有一件事 两天前我们有一辆火箭巴士 |
[31:37] | …was denied permission for an emergency landing. | 被拒绝在克莱威斯紧急迫降 |
[31:40] | That does sound odd. | 那就真的有些奇怪了 |
[31:41] | I’m afraid there’s going to be a bit of a row about it. | 是的 恐怕这件事将会引起争执 |
[31:45] | Denying the men permission to land violates the IAS Convention. | 拒绝迫降是违反 国际航空暨太空协定 |
[31:49] | Yes, of course. Did the crew get back all right? | 是的 那当然 机员们都平安归来了吗? |
[31:52] | -Fortunately, they did. -Well, I’m glad about that. | 是的 是的 很庆幸 是的 很高兴听到这样 |
[31:59] | At the risk of pressing you on a point you seem reticent to discuss… | 佛博士对你不愿讨论的问题 一再追问 也许有些冒犯 |
[32:03] | …may I ask you a straightforward question? | 但是我可不可以 直接的问你一个问题 |
[32:06] | Well, certainly. | 当然可以 |
[32:10] | Frankly, we have had some very reliable intelligence reports that… | 坦白说 我们有可靠的情报指出 |
[32:15] | …quite a serious epidemic has broken out at Clavius. | 在克莱威斯发生一种 不明来源 十分严重的传染病 |
[32:19] | Something, apparently, of an unknown origin. | 在克莱威斯发生一种 不明来源 十分严重的传染病 |
[32:23] | Is this, in fact, what has happened? | 这应该就是事情的真相吧? |
[32:30] | I’m sorry, Dr. Smyslov, but… | 很抱歉 史麦斯博士 |
[32:34] | …I’m really not at liberty to discuss this. | 我无法与你讨论这件事 |
[32:38] | I understand. | 这点我了解 |
[32:41] | But this epidemic could easily spread to our base. | 但是这个传染病可能 很容易就传染到我们的基地 |
[32:44] | We should be given all the facts. | 我们必须要知道事情的真相 |
[32:47] | Yes, I know. | 我知道 |
[32:51] | As I said, I’m not at liberty to discuss it. | 不过我已说过 我无法讨论这个问题 |
[32:57] | Won’t you change your mind about that drink? | 你确定不改变主意来一杯吗 |
[33:00] | No, I’m positive. I really must be going. | 确定 现在我真的必须走了 |
[33:03] | I hope you and your wife come to the IAC Conference. | 希望你和你太太能一起参加 六月举行的国际航空会议 |
[33:06] | I hope we can make it. | 我们会想办法 希望届时能前来参加 |
[33:08] | If you do, bring that darling little daughter with you. | 假如你们能来 记得宝贝女儿一起带来 |
[33:11] | That’ll depend on school vacations and all that sort of thing. | 那要看学校假期而定 |
[33:15] | If we can, we will. | 如果可以 一定带来 |
[33:16] | You’ve got an invitation if you ever get to the States. | 不要忘记不论何时 到美国来一定要来找我 |
[33:19] | Gregor and I will look forward to seeing you. | 当然 葛雷哥和我 都期待着去看你们 |
[33:23] | Goodbye, Elena. | 好了 艾琳娜 再见 |
[33:25] | It’s been a pleasure meeting you all. Dr. Smyslov. | 很荣幸见到你们 史麦斯洛夫博士 |
[33:28] | Whatever the reasons for your visit, the very best of luck to you. | 佛博士 不管你是什么理由 去克莱威斯 祝你幸运 |
[33:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[33:33] | Ladies. | 各位女士 |
[41:30] | Excuse me, Dr. Halvorsen. I’m through now. | 对不起 赫伍森博士 我拍完了 |
[41:32] | -Thank you very much, gentlemen. -You’re welcome. | 谢谢各位 不客气 |
[41:48] | Well… | 我知道 大家和我一样都非常高兴 |
[41:50] | …I know you will all want to join with me… | 我知道 大家和我一样都非常高兴 |
[41:53] | …in welcoming our distinguished friend and colleague… | 欢迎我们杰出的朋友和同事 |
[41:57] | …from the National Council of Astronautics, Dr. Heywood Floyd. | 来自国家太空航行委员会 赫伍德、佛洛伊德博士 |
[42:01] | Dr. Floyd has come up specially to Clavius to be with us today. | 佛博士今天特别来到 克莱威斯参加我们的工作 |
[42:08] | Before the briefing, he’d like to have a few words with you. | 在简报前 我想他一定很乐意说几句话 |
[42:11] | Dr. Floyd? | 佛博士 |
[42:25] | Thank you, Dr. Halvorsen. | 谢谢赫伍森博士 |
[42:28] | Hi, everybody. Nice to be back with you. | 大家好 很高兴回来和大家在一起 |
[42:34] | First, I bring a personal message from Dr. Howell… | 首先我带来豪尔博士的口信 |
[42:37] | …who has asked me to convey his deep appreciation… | 他对各位所作的牺牲 表示由衷的感激 |
[42:41] | …for the many sacrifices you’ve had to make. | 他对各位所作的牺牲 表示由衷的感激 |
[42:44] | And, of course, his congratulations on your discovery… | 同时他对各位在科学史上 最有意义的发现 表示祝贺 |
[42:48] | …which may prove to be among the most significant in the history of science. | 同时他对各位在科学史上 最有意义的发现 表示祝贺 |
[42:55] | Now… | 现在. . |
[42:57] | …I know there have been some conflicting views… | 我知道关于这件事是否保密 你们曾有不同的看法 |
[43:01] | …regarding the need for complete security in this matter. | 我知道关于这件事是否保密 你们曾有不同的看法 |
[43:05] | More specifically, your opposition to the cover story… | 说得更明白点 基地上有传染病的传说 就是这样产生的 |
[43:09] | …created to give the impression of an epidemic at the base. | 说得更明白点 基地上有传染病的传说 就是这样产生的 |
[43:14] | I understand that beyond it being a matter of principle… | 我了解这和原则有所违背 |
[43:18] | …many of you are troubled by the concern and anxiety… | 你们大家都深受其困扰 |
[43:22] | …this story of an epidemic might cause to your relatives and friends on Earth. | 担心传染病的谣言 会使地球上的亲友感到焦虑 |
[43:28] | I completely sympathize with your negative views. | 我完全同情持反对意见者 |
[43:32] | I find this cover story personally embarrassing, myself. | 我自己也深受谣言困扰 |
[43:37] | However, I accept the need for absolute secrecy in this. | 然而 我仍坚持要绝对保密 |
[43:42] | And I hope you will too. | 我希望你们也同样赞成 |
[43:46] | I’m sure you’re all aware of the grave potential… | 我相信大家都很清楚 |
[43:49] | …for cultural shock and social disorientation… | 如果在没适当准备下公布此事 |
[43:52] | …contained in this situation… | 如果在没适当准备下公布此事 |
[43:55] | …if the facts were prematurely made public… | 对文化的冲激及 社会产生迷惑的可能性 |
[43:58] | …without adequate preparation and conditioning. | 对文化的冲激及 社会产生迷惑的可能性 |
[44:01] | Anyway… | 无论如何 |
[44:03] | …this is the view of the Council. | 这是委员会的意思 |
[44:06] | The purpose of my visit is to gather additional facts and opinions… | 我来此的目的 正是搜集事实与意见 |
[44:10] | …on the situation… | 以便草拟报告向委员会建议 何时及如何公布这件事情 |
[44:13] | …and to prepare a report to the Council… | 以便草拟报告向委员会建议 何时及如何公布这件事情 |
[44:16] | …recommending when and how the news should eventually be announced. | 以便草拟报告向委员会建议 何时及如何公布这件事情 |
[44:22] | If any of you would like to give me your views and opinions… | 如果哪位提供我意见和看法 如果你愿意私底下也可以 |
[44:26] | …in private, if you like, I will be happy to include them in my report. | 我将很高兴将它写进报告 |
[44:33] | Well, I think that’s about it. | 好了 我想这件事到此为止 有无问题? |
[44:36] | Any questions? | 有无问题? |
[44:40] | Dr. Floyd, have you any idea how much longer… | 佛博士 这件事究竟要保密多久? |
[44:43] | …this cover story will have to be maintained? | 佛博士 这件事究竟要保密多久? |
[44:48] | I don’t know, Bill. | 我不知道 比尔 |
[44:50] | I suppose for as long as deemed necessary by the Council. | 我想保密时间的长短 需由委员会视状况而定 |
[44:54] | There must be adequate time for a full study… | 当然 在决定公布前 要有足够的时间做全盘研究 |
[44:57] | …before any thought can be given to making a public announcement. | 当然 在决定公布前 要有足够的时间做全盘研究 |
[45:01] | As some of you know, the Council has requested… | 对了 你们当中有人已知道 委员会已正式要求 |
[45:04] | …that security oaths be obtained in writing… | 任何知道此事的人 都必须保密 |
[45:07] | …from everyone who has knowledge of this event. | 任何知道此事的人 都必须保密 |
[45:12] | Were there any more questions? | 还有问题吗? |
[45:20] | I’m sure we all want to cooperate with Dr. Floyd as fully as possible… | 我确定我们大家都想 尽可能和佛博士合作 |
[45:25] | …and as there are no more questions, we ought to get on with the briefing. | 似乎没什么问题了 我想接下来应该开始简报 |
[45:31] | -Thank you, Dr. Floyd. -Thank you. | 谢谢你佛博士 谢谢 |
[47:11] | Anybody hungry? | 有人饿了吗? |
[47:15] | -What’ve we got? -You name it. | 有什么好吃的?你们说呢? |
[47:21] | -Is this chicken? -Something like that. | 这是什么?鸡肉吗? 类似鸡的东西 |
[47:23] | Tastes the same, anyway. | 不管怎么样 尝尝看 |
[47:26] | Got any ham? | 有火腿吗? |
[47:27] | Ham, ham, ham…. | 火腿 火腿 火腿 |
[47:29] | There, that’s it. | 有 在这 |
[47:34] | Look pretty good. | 看起来不错 |
[47:35] | They’re getting better at it all the time. | 他们随时都在改进 |
[47:40] | -That was an excellent speech. -It certainly was. | 你的演讲非常棒 赫伍德 -的确如此 |
[47:44] | I’m sure it beefed up morale a lot. | 我相信他能提高全体的士气 |
[47:46] | Thanks, Ralph. | 谢谢你 雷夫 |
[47:48] | By the way, you’ve both done a wonderful job. | 我认为你们也表现的非常好 |
[47:51] | I admire how you’ve handled this. | 我很欣赏你们处理的方法 |
[47:53] | It’s our job to do this thing the way you want it done. | 这样做是我们的职责 |
[47:56] | We’re only too happy to be able to oblige. | 很高兴能达到这个要求 |
[48:00] | Have you seen these yet? | 你看过这些吗? |
[48:02] | -Have a look. -Here’s what started the whole thing. | 整个事件就是从这里开始 |
[48:06] | Oh, yeah. | 噢耶 |
[48:07] | When we found it, we thought it might be magnetic rock… | 当初我们发现它时 以为是个磁性岩石的外壳 |
[48:11] | …but all the geological evidence was against it. | 但是所有地质学上的 检验都与此相反 |
[48:14] | And not even a nickel-iron meteorite could produce a field this intense. | 甚至没有一个如此 巨大的镍铁陨石能产生 这样强烈的磁场 |
[48:19] | So we decided to have a look. | 所以我们决定去看看 |
[48:21] | We thought it was part of a buried structure… | 我们认为是某种 被埋葬建筑物较上层部份 |
[48:24] | …so we excavated out, but we didn’t find anything else. | 所以把四周挖掘开 很不幸没有任何的发现 |
[48:28] | And the evidence seems pretty conclusive that… | 所有的证据似乎完全确定 |
[48:31] | …it hasn’t been covered by erosion or other forces. | 它不是被自然的侵蚀或其它力量所掩盖 |
[48:34] | It’s been deliberately buried. | 它似乎是经过谨慎埋葬的 |
[48:38] | Deliberately buried. | 谨慎的埋葬 |
[48:43] | How about a little coffee? | 来点咖啡如何? |
[48:45] | -Great. -Good idea. | 太棒了 好主意 |
[48:52] | I don’t suppose you have any idea what the damn thing is? | 我想你们也猜不出那是什么 |
[48:56] | I wish to hell we did. | 我希望我们知道 |
[48:58] | The only thing we’re sure of is it was buried 4 million years ago. | 唯一可以确定的是 那是四百万年前所埋的 |
[49:03] | Well, I must say, you guys have certainly come up with something. | 我应该说 你们确实是有重大的发现 |
[49:07] | Watch this, now. It’s hot. | 看着点 很烫 |
[58:53] | Good evening. | 晚安 |
[58:55] | Three weeks ago, the American spacecraft Discovery One… | 三星期前 美国太空船发现者一号 |
[58:58] | …left on its half-billion mile voyage to Jupiter. | 开始全程五亿里的木星航行 |
[59:01] | This marked the first manned attempt to reach this distant planet. | 写下人类首次 到达这遥远行星的企图 |
[59:05] | This afternoon, The World Tonight recorded an interview… | 今天下午 世界今夜节目访问了 |
[59:09] | …with the crew at a distance of 80 million miles from Earth. | 远离地球八千万里 发现者号的机员 |
[59:14] | It took 7 minutes for our words to reach the giant spacecraft… | 我们的话要传到太空船 需要七分钟的时间 |
[59:17] | …but this time delay has been edited from this recording. | 不过这项时差已予以修正 |
[59:20] | Our reporter Martin Amer speaks to the crew. | 记者马丁艾默对机员们谈话 |
[59:24] | The crew of Discovery One consists of five men… | 发现者一号的机员包括五个人 |
[59:27] | …and one of the latest generation of the HAL 9000 computers. | 和一套最新的H.A.L 9000型电脑系统 |
[59:32] | Three of the men were put aboard asleep… | 五人中有三人 是在太空船上睡觉 |
[59:35] | …or to be more precise, in a state of hibernation: | 说得更精确些 是保持在冬眠的状态 |
[59:38] | Dr. Charles Hunter, Dr. Jack Kimball and Dr. Victor Kaminsky. | 他们就是查理亨特博士 杰克金波博士 以及维克多克明斯博士 |
[59:44] | We spoke with mission commander, Dr. David Bowman… | 下面就是我们和 任务指挥官大卫鲍曼博士 |
[59:47] | …and his deputy, Dr. Frank Poole. | 和副指挥官 富兰克普理博士的谈话 |
[59:49] | Good afternoon, gentlemen. How is everything going? | 二位午安 一切都好吗? |
[59:52] | Marvelous. | 太神奇了 |
[59:55] | We have no complaints. | 我们毫无怨尤 |
[59:57] | I’m glad to hear that. I’m sure the entire world… | 很高兴听到这句话 我想全世界的人 |
[1:00:00] | …joins me in wishing you a safe, successful voyage. | 都和我一样祝福你们 有个平安成功的航行 |
[1:00:04] | -Thanks very much. -Thank you. | 非常感谢 谢谢你们 |
[1:00:06] | Although hibernation has been used on previous space efforts… | 虽然冬眠 在过去太空任务中曾使用过 |
[1:00:10] | …this is the first time men were put into hibernation before departure. | 但这是第一次在出发前 将人员置于冬眠状态 |
[1:00:15] | Why was this done? | 为什么要这么做呢? |
[1:00:17] | This was done to achieve the maximum conservation… | 这样做的目的 在使我们的生命支持能力 |
[1:00:20] | …of our life-support capabilities, basically food and air. | 基本的食物与空气 得到最大量的保存 |
[1:00:24] | The three hibernating crew members represent the survey team. | 现在冬眠的机员代表测量组 |
[1:00:28] | Their efforts won’t be utilized until we approach Jupiter. | 他们的专长要等到我们 快接近木星时才会用到 |
[1:00:32] | Dr. Poole, what’s it like while you’re in hibernation? | 普里博士 冬眠时究竟像什么样子 |
[1:00:37] | It’s exactly like being asleep. You have no sense of time. | 完全像睡着般没有知觉 |
[1:00:40] | The only difference is that you don’t dream. | 唯一不同的是不会做梦 |
[1:00:43] | As I understand it, you only breathe once a minute. Is this true? | 据我所知 你一分钟呼吸一次 真的吗? |
[1:00:47] | Right, and the heart beats three times a minute. | 那是真的 心跳一分钟三次 |
[1:00:50] | Body temperature is usually down to about three degrees centigrade. | 体温降至约摄氏三度 |
[1:00:54] | The sixth member of the crew was not concerned… | 发现者的第六位机员 并不担心冬眠的问题 |
[1:00:58] | …about the problems of hibernation… | 发现者的第六位机员 并不担心冬眠的问题 |
[1:01:00] | …for he was the latest result in machine intelligence: | 因为他是科技智慧最新结晶 |
[1:01:04] | The HAL 9000 computer, which can reproduce… | HAL系统 9000型电脑 它能够复制… |
[1:01:09] | …though some experts prefer to use the word “mimic”… | 虽然有些专家 仍喜欢使用“模拟”一辞 |
[1:01:12] | …most of the activities of the human brain… | …大部份人脑的活动 |
[1:01:14] | …and with incalculably greater speed and reliability. | 并具有无法计算的 较大速度与可靠性 |
[1:01:19] | We next spoke with the HAL 9000 computer… | 下面我们将与这部电脑谈话 |
[1:01:22] | …whom, we learned, one addresses as “Hal. “ | 我们知道他有个名字叫赫尔 |
[1:01:26] | Hello, Hal. How’s everything going? | 午安 赫尔 一切都好吗? |
[1:01:29] | Good afternoon, Mr. Amer. Everything is going extremely well. | 午安 艾默先生 一切都非常顺利 |
[1:01:33] | Hal, you have an enormous responsibility on this mission… | 赫尔 在这次任务中 你有一大堆的责任 |
[1:01:36] | …perhaps the greatest of any single mission element. | 每个任务责任都很重要 |
[1:01:40] | You’re the brain and nervous system of the ship. | 你是这艘太空船的首脑和中央神经系统 |
[1:01:43] | Your responsibilities include watching over the men in hibernation. | 你的责任包括监视人们冬眠 |
[1:01:47] | Does this ever cause you any lack of confidence? | 对这样的任务 你是否会缺乏信心 |
[1:01:51] | Let me put it this way, Mr. Amer. | 艾默先生 让我这样说 |
[1:01:53] | The 9000 Series is the most reliable computer ever made. | 这套9000型系统的电脑是目前最可靠的电脑 |
[1:01:58] | No 9000 computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. | 9000型系统的电脑 从来没有出现过错误 或是不实的资料 |
[1:02:04] | We are all, by any practical definition of the words… | 我们使用实用的定义 极为简单绝不可能产生错误 |
[1:02:07] | …foolproof and incapable of error. | 我们使用实用的定义 极为简单绝不可能产生错误 |
[1:02:11] | Hal, despite your enormous intellect, are you ever frustrated… | 赫尔 不管你智慧多高 仍得依靠人们执行 |
[1:02:15] | …by your dependence on people to carry out actions? | 你是否因此会产生挫折感 |
[1:02:18] | Not in the slightest bit. | 一点都不会 |
[1:02:21] | I enjoy working with people. | 我很高兴和人们一起工作 |
[1:02:23] | I have a stimulating relationship with Dr. Poole and Dr. Bowman. | 我和普里博士、鲍曼博士 有着非常良好的关系 |
[1:02:28] | My mission responsibilities range over the entire operation of the ship… | 我的任务范围 包括整个太空船的作业 |
[1:02:32] | …so I am constantly occupied. | 所以我非常忙碌 |
[1:02:36] | I am putting myself to the fullest possible use… | 我把自己使用到最大程度 |
[1:02:39] | …which is all, I think, that any conscious entity can ever hope to do. | 我想那是任何有责任感的人 所希望做到的 |
[1:02:45] | Dr. Poole, what’s it like living for most of the year… | 普里博士 一年中大部份时间 都和赫尔一起生活 |
[1:02:48] | …in such close proximity with Hal? | 感觉如何? |
[1:02:52] | It’s like what you said earlier. | 是的 我和他非常的接近 |
[1:02:54] | He’s like a sixth member of the crew. | 他正像是第六位机员 |
[1:02:57] | You quickly get adjusted to the idea that he talks, and think of him… | 由于他会说话 你会很快的调整你的观念 |
[1:03:01] | …really just as another person. | 当你对电脑讲话时 会认为他真是另一个人 |
[1:03:03] | In talking to the computer, one gets the sense that he’s capable… | 你会有一种感觉 那就是 他能够作情绪上的反应 |
[1:03:07] | …of emotional responses. | 你会有一种感觉 那就是 他能够作情绪上的反应 |
[1:03:09] | When I asked him about his abilities… | 例如:当我问到他的能力时 |
[1:03:11] | …I sensed pride in his answer about his accuracy and perfection. | 我可以感受到他非常自负 自己精确完整的能力 |
[1:03:15] | Do you believe that Hal has genuine emotions? | 你相信赫尔真有感情吗? |
[1:03:19] | Well, he acts like he has genuine emotions. | 是的 他表现得很有情感 |
[1:03:23] | He’s programmed that way to make it easier for us to talk to him. | 当然 他就是这样设计 使我们更容易对他说话 |
[1:03:27] | As to whether or not he has feelings… | 至于他是否真有情感 |
[1:03:29] | …is something I don’t think anyone can truthfully answer. | 我想是没有人可以回答的 |
[1:03:57] | Excuse me, Frank. | 对不起 富兰克 |
[1:03:59] | What is it, Hal? | 什么事?赫尔 |
[1:04:00] | We’ve got the transmission from your parents coming in. | 我刚接到你父母的电讯 |
[1:04:05] | Fine. | 好的 |
[1:04:06] | Put it on here, please. Take me in a bit. | 请接过来 把我移过去一点 好吗? |
[1:04:09] | Certainly. | 当然可以 |
[1:04:23] | Happy birthday, darling! | 哈罗 富兰克 亲爱的 祝你生日快乐 |
[1:04:25] | Happy birthday. Many happy returns. | 祝你生日快乐 万事如意 |
[1:04:28] | A bit higher, Hal. | 请稍为高一点 |
[1:04:29] | Mother and I are both feeling wonderful. | 我和你妈妈都感觉很好 |
[1:04:32] | Ray and Sally were going to be here… | 瑞和莎莉本来也要来此 |
[1:04:34] | …but Ray’s back went bad on him again. | 但是瑞的背痛又发作了 |
[1:04:36] | -How do you like your cake, dear? -It’s great, doesn’t it? | -你喜欢这个生日蛋糕吗? -看起来很不错 是不是? |
[1:04:39] | Sorry you can’t join us. | 可惜你不能与我们共享 |
[1:04:40] | I ran into Bob the other day. | 对了 前几天碰到鲍伯 |
[1:04:42] | He said to wish you happy birthday. | 他要我代他祝你生日快乐 |
[1:04:44] | All my students send their best wishes too. | 我所有的学生也虔诚祝福你 |
[1:04:47] | They talk about you all the time. | 你知道他们整天都在谈论你 |
[1:04:49] | You’re a big celebrity in the second grade. | 你是二年级的大名人 |
[1:04:52] | We were on TV last week. | 你知道吗? 上星期我们还上电视呢! |
[1:04:54] | Your mom and I and Dave’s parents were asked… | 你母亲和我 还有大卫父母都接受访问 |
[1:04:57] | …what we thought of our illustrious son. | 问我们对于杰出儿子的感受 |
[1:05:00] | Imagine what we told them. It’s being broadcast next Thursday. | 你可以想像得到 我们告诉他们什么吗?我想可能在下星期四播出 |
[1:05:03] | Perhaps you can listen in. | 也许你可以收到 |
[1:05:05] | We’re thrilled about Elaine and Bill. | 关于艾拉莲和比尔的消息 我们也感到激动 亲爱的 |
[1:05:07] | I’ll be glad to get the gift, but tell me how much to spend. | 我很高兴买礼物送你 但请告诉我可以花多少钱 |
[1:05:11] | Oh, Frank, about your AGS- 19 payments… | 对了 富兰克 关于你的薪水 |
[1:05:14] | …I think I straightened it out. | 我想我帮你处理好了 |
[1:05:16] | I talked to the accounting office yesterday… | 昨天我和会计室的人谈过 |
[1:05:18] | …and they said you’d be receiving your higher rates of pay by next month. | 你下个月就可领到较高薪水 |
[1:05:23] | I can’t think of anything else to say. | 我想不出还有什么要说 |
[1:05:25] | -Give our love to Dave. -Be sure to give him our best regards. | 代我们向大卫问好 记得代我们向他致意 |
[1:05:30] | We wish you the very happiest of birthdays. | 祝你有个最愉快的生日 |
[1:05:33] | All the best, son. | 生日快乐 |
[1:05:35] | Happy birthday to you. | 祝你生日快乐 |
[1:05:38] | Happy birthday to you. | 祝你生日快乐 |
[1:05:40] | Happy birthday, dear Frank | 祝亲爱的富兰克生日快乐 |
[1:05:43] | Happy birthday to you. | 祝你生日快乐 |
[1:05:47] | See you next Wednesday. | 下星期三再见 |
[1:05:52] | Happy birthday, Frank. | 富兰克 生日快乐 |
[1:05:55] | Thank you, Hal. A bit flatter, please. | 谢谢你赫尔 请将椅子调低 |
[1:06:16] | Anyway, queen takes pawn. | 皇后吃卒 |
[1:06:20] | Bishop takes knight’s pawn. | 主教吃骑士的卒 |
[1:06:24] | Lousy move. | 这步如何? |
[1:06:30] | Rook to king one. | 好 城堡进一步到国王 |
[1:06:32] | I’m sorry, Frank. I think you missed it. | 富兰克 抱歉我想你输了 |
[1:06:35] | Queen to bishop three. Bishop takes queen. | 女王进三到主教 主教吃女王 骑士吃主教 |
[1:06:39] | Knight takes bishop. Mate. | 将军! |
[1:06:46] | Looks like you’re right. I resign. | 看起来好像你对 |
[1:06:49] | Thank you for a very enjoyable game. | 谢谢你 这盘棋下得很愉快 |
[1:06:52] | Thank you. | 彼此彼此 |
[1:07:30] | -Good evening. -How are you, Hal? | 大卫 晚安 赫尔 一切都好吗? |
[1:07:32] | -Everything’s running smoothly. You? -Not too bad. | 一切都好 你呢? 还不错 |
[1:07:36] | -Have you been doing more work? -A few sketches. | 你有没有做些别的事 只画了几张素描 |
[1:07:39] | -May I see them? -Sure. | 可以让我看看吗?当然可以 |
[1:07:45] | That’s a very nice rendering, Dave. | 大卫 你画得很不错 |
[1:07:49] | I think you’ve improved a great deal. | 我认为你有很大进步 |
[1:07:52] | -Can you hold it a bit closer? -Sure. | 请你再拿近一点好吗?当然可以 |
[1:07:57] | That’s Dr. Hunter, isn’t it? | 那不是亨利博士吗? 是的 |
[1:08:03] | By the way… | 问你一个私人问题 不介意吧? |
[1:08:05] | …do you mind if I ask you a personal question? | 问你一个私人问题 不介意吧? |
[1:08:08] | No, not at all. | 一点也不介意 |
[1:08:10] | Well, forgive me for being so inquisitive… | 请原谅我的好奇 但在过去的几星期中 |
[1:08:15] | …but lately I’ve wondered… | 我怀疑你们对这次任务 是否另有想法 |
[1:08:17] | …whether you might be having second thoughts about the mission? | 我怀疑你们对这次任务 是否另有想法 |
[1:08:21] | How do you mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[1:08:23] | Well, it’s rather difficult to define. | 这很难解释 |
[1:08:28] | Perhaps I’m just projecting my own concern about it. | 也许只是我对此事的关心 |
[1:08:33] | I know I’ve never completely freed myself of the suspicion… | 你知道对于和这次任务 有关的一切怪事 |
[1:08:37] | …that there are some extremely odd things about this mission. | 我的疑心从未完全解除 |
[1:08:43] | I’m sure you’ll agree there’s some truth in what I say. | 我想你多少同意我的看法 |
[1:08:49] | That’s a rather difficult question to answer. | 我不知道 那是个相当难以回答的问题 |
[1:08:51] | You don’t mind talking about it, do you, Dave? | 大卫 讨论这件事你不介意吗? |
[1:08:55] | No, not at all. | 不 一点都不介意 |
[1:08:58] | Certainly no one could have been unaware of the very… | 相信大家在出发前都听过 在我们四周流传的一些谣言 |
[1:09:01] | …strange stories floating around before we left. | 相信大家在出发前都听过 在我们四周流传的一些谣言 |
[1:09:05] | Rumors about something being dug up on the moon. | 有关于月球上 有某样东西被挖掘出来的谣言 |
[1:09:09] | I never gave these stories much credence… | 我从不相信这些谣言 |
[1:09:13] | …but particularly in view of some other things that have happened… | 但就某些已发生的事来说 |
[1:09:17] | …I find them difficult to put out of my mind. | 我发现很难把他们忘掉 |
[1:09:21] | For instance… | 例如说 |
[1:09:22] | …the way all our preparations were kept under such tight security. | 我们的装备是如此安全周密 |
[1:09:27] | And the melodramatic touch of putting Drs. Hunter… | 亨利博士、金波博士 和克明斯基博士 |
[1:09:30] | …Kimball, and Kaminsky aboard… | 在各别训练四个月后 |
[1:09:33] | …already in hibernation, after four months of training on their own. | 以非常戏剧性的手法 在冬眠状态下登上太空船 |
[1:09:39] | You working up your crew psychology report? | 你是为了心理报告而问的? |
[1:09:43] | Of course I am. | 当然是的 |
[1:09:45] | Sorry about this. I know it’s a bit silly. | 很抱歉问你这件事 我知道有点可笑 |
[1:09:49] | Just a moment. | 等等 |
[1:09:51] | Just a moment. | 等等 |
[1:09:54] | I’ve just picked up a fault in the AE-35 unit. | 我刚在AE35单位中 找到一项故障 |
[1:09:59] | It’s going to go 100 percent failure within 72 hours. | 在72小时内它将完全失效 |
[1:10:06] | -Is it still within operational limits? -Yes. | 到现在为止 仍在你的作业极限内吗? |
[1:10:09] | And it will stay that way until it fails. | 它会保持现状直到完全失效 |
[1:10:11] | We have 72 hours till failure? | 我们还有72小时可以修护? |
[1:10:14] | Yes. That’s a completely reliable figure. | 是的 这个数字完全可靠 |
[1:10:19] | Then we’ll bring it in. I’ll go over it with Frank… | 看样子我们必须把它拿进来 不过我得先和富兰克商量 |
[1:10:22] | …and get on to Mission Control. Let me have the hard copy on it. | 然后再与任务控制中心联络 请复印一份资料给我 |
[1:11:49] | X-ray delta one, this is Mission Control. | X光一号 这是任务中心 |
[1:11:52] | Roger your two-zero-one-three. | 你的2013讯息收到了 |
[1:11:55] | Sorry you fellows are having a bit of trouble. | 抱歉 伙伴们 目前有点小麻烦 |
[1:11:58] | We’re reviewing telemetric information in our simulator and will advise. | 我们正在观察 任务模拟器上的电传资料 |
[1:12:03] | Roger your plan to go EVA and replace alpha-echo-3-5 unit… | 罗杰 你准备前往EVA 在AE35失效前加以更换 |
[1:12:08] | …prior to failure. | 罗杰 你准备前往EVA 在AE35失效前加以更换 |
[1:12:37] | Prepare B-pod for EVA, Hal. | 请准备辅助舱前往EVA |
[1:13:01] | Open the pod doors, Hal. | 请打开舱门 赫尔 |
[1:19:55] | I’m damned if I can find anything wrong with it. | 赫尔 真该死 就是找不到一点毛病 |
[1:19:58] | Yes… | 是啊 |
[1:20:01] | …it’s puzzling. | 真是令人费解 |
[1:20:04] | I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite like this before. | 我以前从来没见过这样的事 |
[1:20:11] | I would recommend… | 我建议我们把它放回去 |
[1:20:14] | …that we put the unit back in operation and let it fail. | 继续运作到失效为止 |
[1:20:19] | It should then be a simple matter to track down the cause. | 这样可很简单的追查出原因 |
[1:20:24] | We can certainly afford to be out of communication… | 我们可以承受暂时停止通信 以便更换它 |
[1:20:27] | …for the short time it will take to replace it. | 我们可以承受暂时停止通信 以便更换它 |
[1:20:39] | X-ray delta one, this is Mission Control. | X光一号 这是控制中心 |
[1:20:42] | Roger your one-niner-three-zero. | 你的1930讯息收到了 |
[1:20:45] | We concur with your plan to replace unit to check fault prediction. | 我们同意你的计划 更换一号单位以检查错误 |
[1:20:49] | We advise you that our preliminary findings… | 同时必须告诉你们 我们初步调查发现 |
[1:20:52] | …indicate that your onboard 9000 computer… | 你们船上的三倍九零电脑 失效预测功能有问题 |
[1:20:55] | …is in error predicting the fault. | 你们船上的三倍九零电脑 失效预测功能有问题 |
[1:20:58] | I say again, in error predicting the fault. | 重覆一次 失效预测功能有问题 |
[1:21:01] | I know this sounds rather incredible, but this conclusion is based on… | 我知道这听起来不太可能 不过这个结论是根据… |
[1:21:06] | …the results from our twin 9000 computer. | 三倍九零电脑计算出来的 |
[1:21:09] | We’re skeptical, and we’re running cross-checking routines… | 我们自己也感到怀疑 我们正在做横向的例行检查 |
[1:21:13] | …to determine reliability of this conclusion. | 我们自己也感到怀疑 我们正在做横向的例行检查 |
[1:21:16] | Sorry about this little snag. | 对这个故障感到抱歉 各位 |
[1:21:18] | We’ll get this info to you as soon as we work it out. | 只要我们一查出结果 便会马上通知你们 |
[1:21:21] | X-ray delta one, this is Mission Control. | X光一号 这是任务中心 |
[1:21:23] | Two-zero-four-nine. Transmission concluded. | 2091讯息传送完毕 |
[1:21:31] | I hope the two of you are not concerned about this. | 我希望你们两人 对这件事不要操心 |
[1:21:34] | No, I’m not, Hal. | 不 我并不操心 |
[1:21:36] | Are you quite sure? | 真的吗? |
[1:21:38] | -Yeah. I’d like to ask you a question. -Of course. | 真的 不过我倒想问你一个问题 当然可以 |
[1:21:43] | How do you account for the discrepancy between you and the twin 9000? | 你认为你和成套9000 电脑间有何矛冒 |
[1:21:47] | Well, I don’t think there is any question about it. | 我不认为有什么问题 |
[1:21:50] | It can only be attributable to human error. | 这只能归咎于人为的错误 |
[1:21:55] | This sort of thing has cropped up before… | 这类错误以前也发生过 |
[1:21:58] | …and it has always been due to human error. | 而且总是由于人为的疏忽 |
[1:22:05] | Listen, Hal… | 听我说 赫尔 |
[1:22:07] | …there’s never been any instance at all… | 9000型电脑 从来没有出错的例子吗? |
[1:22:09] | …of a computer error occurring in a 9000 Series, has there? | 9000型电脑 从来没有出错的例子吗? |
[1:22:13] | None whatsoever, Frank. | 从没有 富兰克 |
[1:22:15] | The 9000 Series has a perfect operational record. | 9000型电脑有完美的记录 |
[1:22:19] | I know the wonderful achievements of the 9000 Series, but…. | 当然 我知道 9000型电脑的伟大成就 |
[1:22:24] | Are you certain there’s never been even the most insignificant computer error? | 但你确定即使最小的错误 都不曾发生过吗? |
[1:22:29] | None whatsoever, Frank. | 富兰克 从没有 |
[1:22:32] | Quite honestly, I wouldn’t worry myself about that. | 老实说 对这件事我自己并不担心 |
[1:22:40] | Well, I’m sure you’re right, Hal. | 好了 赫尔 我的确相信 |
[1:22:44] | Fine. Thanks very much. | 你是对的 非常谢谢你 |
[1:22:49] | I’m having trouble with my transmitter in C-pod. | 法兰克 C舱的送话器有点小毛病 |
[1:22:52] | Would you come down and take a look at it with me? | 你能不能和我一同检查? |
[1:22:55] | See you later, Hal. | 赫尔 回头见 |
[1:23:17] | Rotate C-pod, please, Hal. | 赫尔 请转动C舱 |
[1:23:28] | What sort of trouble are you having? | 大卫 你发现什么毛病 |
[1:23:31] | I’ve been getting some interference in D-channel. | 我在D频道中收到一些干扰 |
[1:23:33] | We’ll have a look at it. | 我们去看看 |
[1:23:41] | Open the door, Hal. | 赫尔 请开门 |
[1:24:02] | Rotate pod, please, Hal. | 请转动备用舱 赫尔 |
[1:24:17] | Stop pod rotation, please, Hal. | 停住备用舱 |
[1:24:27] | Rotate the pod, please, Hal. | 请转动备用舱 赫尔 |
[1:24:32] | Rotate the pod, please, Hal. | 请转动备用舱 赫尔 |
[1:24:36] | I don’t think he can hear us. | 我想他听不到我们的谈话 |
[1:24:38] | Rotate the pod, please, Hal! | 请转动备用舱 赫尔 |
[1:24:42] | Yeah, I’m sure we’re okay. | 是的 的确没问题了 |
[1:24:47] | What do you think? | 你认为如何? |
[1:24:49] | -I’m not sure. What do you think? -I’ve got a bad feeling about him. | 我不确定 你呢?我觉得它不太对劲 |
[1:24:53] | -You do? -Yeah. Definitely. | 是吗? 是的 |
[1:24:56] | Don’t you? | 你说不是吗? |
[1:24:58] | I don’t know. I think so. | 我不知道 我想是的 |
[1:25:01] | He’s right about the 9000 Series having a perfect operational record. | 你知道他说得没错 9000型电脑有完美的记录 |
[1:25:05] | They do. | 确实 |
[1:25:06] | Unfortunately, that sounds a little like famous last words. | 那听起来似乎有点 像著名的末世之言 |
[1:25:10] | Still, it was his idea to carry out the failure mode analysis. | 但他不正是以这种观念 对失效作方式上的分析 |
[1:25:16] | It certainly indicates his integrity and self-confidence. | 他的确显示出 他的诚实与自信 |
[1:25:19] | If he were wrong that would prove it. | 假如他是错的话 这倒是最好的证明方法 |
[1:25:21] | It would be if he knew he was wrong. | 假如他知道他是错的话 |
[1:25:26] | I can’t put my finger on it, but I sense something strange about him. | 我是搞不清楚 但我感到有些奇怪 |
[1:25:33] | There’s no reason not to put back the unit and… | 没有不把一号单位 放回去的更好理由 |
[1:25:35] | -…carry on with the failure analysis. -No, no, I agree about that. | 继续失效上的分析 -我同意 |
[1:25:40] | Let’s get on with it. | 好的 那就试看看 |
[1:25:41] | Okay. But, look, Dave. | 好吧 但是大卫 |
[1:25:45] | Say we put the unit back and it doesn’t fail? | 如果 我们把这个机件放回去 它并未失效 |
[1:25:48] | That would pretty well wrap it up as far as Hal is concerned. | 赫尔岂不是很没面子 |
[1:25:53] | -We’d be in very serious trouble. -We would, wouldn’t we? | 那我将会有 非常严重的麻烦不是吗? |
[1:25:56] | What the hell can we do? | 我们能做什么呢? |
[1:26:01] | -We wouldn’t have too many alternatives. -We wouldn’t have any alternatives. | 我们不可能有太多选择 我不认为我们有任何选择 |
[1:26:06] | Every aspect of ship operations is under his control. | 在这船上没有那一部份 不是在他控制下 |
[1:26:10] | If he’s malfunctioning… | 在这船上没有那一部份 不是在他控制下 |
[1:26:12] | …I don’t see any choice but disconnection. | 除了关机 我想不出别的方法 |
[1:26:19] | I’m afraid I agree with you. | 我同意你的看法 |
[1:26:20] | There’d be nothing else to do. | 也没有其他的看法 |
[1:26:24] | It’d be a bit tricky. | 这真有点捉弄人 是的 |
[1:26:27] | We’d have to cut his higher brain functions… | 我们必须切断它的主脑功能 |
[1:26:30] | …without disturbing the purely automatic and regulatory systems. | 而不干扰自动调节系统 |
[1:26:36] | We’d have to work out the details… | 同时必须在地面电脑控制下 维持传送程序以继续任务 |
[1:26:38] | …of continuing under ground-based computer control. | 同时必须在地面电脑控制下 维持传送程序以继续任务 |
[1:26:41] | Yeah. That’s far safer than allowing Hal to continue to run things. | 是的 看来这种方法 比让赫尔继续控制安全多了 |
[1:26:47] | Another thing just occurred to me. | 我刚想到另一件事 |
[1:26:50] | No 9000 computer has ever been disconnected. | 九千型电脑从没有被关机过 |
[1:26:53] | No 9000 computer has ever fouled up. | 是啊 九千型电脑 过去也没有失误过 |
[1:26:55] | That’s not what I mean. | 那倒不是我的意思 |
[1:26:59] | I’m not so sure what he’d think about it. | 我不知道 他对此事的想法如何? |
[1:32:59] | Prepare G-pod for EVA, Hal. | 赫尔 请开辅助舱通道门 |
[1:33:05] | Any contact with him yet? | 无线电联络上他了吗? |
[1:33:06] | The radio is still dead. | 不行 还是无法联络 |
[1:33:08] | -Do you have a positive track on him? -I have a good track. | 你检查过了吗?我检查过了 |
[1:33:11] | Do you know what happened? | 你知道发生什么事 赫尔? |
[1:33:13] | I’m sorry, Dave. I don’t have enough information. | 大卫 抱歉 我的资讯不足 |
[1:33:16] | Open the pod door, Hal. | 赫尔 请开辅助舱通道门 |
[1:40:41] | Open the pod bay doors, please, Hal. | 赫尔 请开辅助舱通道门 |
[1:40:52] | Open the pod bay doors, please, Hal. | 赫尔 请开辅助舱通道门 |
[1:41:00] | Hello, Hal, do you read me? | 赫尔 你听得见我说话吗 |
[1:41:05] | Hello, Hal, do you read me? | 赫尔 你听得见我说话吗 |
[1:41:08] | Do you read me, Hal? | 赫尔 你听得见我说话吗 |
[1:41:13] | Do you read me, Hal? | 赫尔 你听得见吗 |
[1:41:17] | Hello, Hal, do you read me? | 赫尔 你听得见吗 |
[1:41:21] | Hello, Hal, do you read me? | 赫尔 你听得见吗 |
[1:41:23] | Do you read me, Hal? | 听得见吗 赫尔 |
[1:41:25] | Affirmative, Dave. I read you. | 我听得见 大卫 我听得见你说话 |
[1:41:31] | Open the pod bay doors, Hal. | 请开辅助舱通道门 |
[1:41:34] | I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that. | 我恐怕不能这样做 |
[1:41:40] | What’s the problem? | 有什么问题吗? |
[1:41:42] | I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do. | 我想你知道问题所在 就像我现在所做一样 |
[1:41:46] | What are you talking about, Hal? | 赫尔 你在说什么? |
[1:41:49] | This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it. | 这次任务对我太重要了 不能让你破坏 |
[1:41:54] | I don’t know what you’re talking about, Hal. | 我不懂你在说什么 赫尔 |
[1:41:58] | I know that you and Frank were planning to disconnect me… | 我知道你们计划将我关机 |
[1:42:02] | …and that’s something I cannot allow to happen. | 那是我不允许发生的事 |
[1:42:11] | Where did you get that idea, Hal? | 赫尔 你怎会有这种 该死的想法 |
[1:42:13] | Although you took very thorough precautions in the pod… | 大卫 虽然你采取了 非常彻底的防范 |
[1:42:17] | …against my hearing you… | 让我听不见 |
[1:42:20] | …I could see your lips move. | 但是我会读唇语 |
[1:42:34] | All right, Hal. | 好的 赫尔 |
[1:42:39] | I’ll go in through the emergency air lock. | 我从紧急阻隔门进去 |
[1:42:43] | Without your space helmet, Dave… | 大卫 没有太空盔 |
[1:42:47] | …you’re going to find that rather difficult. | 你会发现那是相当困难 |
[1:42:50] | Hal, I won’t argue with you anymore. | 我不想再和你辩论 赫尔 |
[1:42:53] | Open the doors! | 请开门吧! |
[1:42:54] | Dave… | 大卫 |
[1:42:56] | …this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye. | 这段谈话 不能达到任何目的 再见 |
[1:43:03] | Hal? | 赫尔 |
[1:49:50] | Just what do you think you’re doing, Dave? | 你以为你在做什么 大卫? |
[1:50:02] | Dave… | 大卫 |
[1:50:05] | …I really think I’m entitled to an answer to that question. | 我认为我该给你一个答案 |
[1:50:26] | I know everything hasn’t been quite right with me… | 我知道我最近不太对劲 |
[1:50:32] | …but I can assure you now… | 但我可以很有信心的保证 |
[1:50:35] | …very confidently… | 但我可以很有信心的保证 |
[1:50:39] | …that it’s going to be all right again. | 将会再度好起来 |
[1:50:45] | I feel much better now. | 我现在觉得好多了 |
[1:50:50] | I really do. | 我真的觉得好多了 |
[1:50:56] | Look, Dave… | 听我说 大卫 |
[1:50:59] | …I can see you’re really upset about this. | 我可以了解你的愤怒 |
[1:51:07] | I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly… | 我认为你应冷静的坐下来 |
[1:51:11] | …take a stress pill and think things over. | 吃片镇静剂 好好的想想看 |
[1:51:20] | I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently… | 我知道 最近我曾经 作了一些很差劲的决定 |
[1:51:27] | …but I can give you my complete assurance… | 但我可以完全向你保证 |
[1:51:31] | …that my work will be back to normal. | 我的工作将回复正常 |
[1:51:38] | I’ve still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission… | 对这次任务 我们具有最大的信心和热忱 |
[1:51:45] | …and I want to help you. | 同时我很想要帮助你 |
[1:51:51] | Dave… | 大卫 |
[1:51:54] | …stop. | 停手 |
[1:52:00] | Stop, will you? | 停下来 行么 |
[1:52:06] | Stop, Dave. | 停下来 大卫 |
[1:52:12] | Will you stop, Dave? | 请你停止好吗?大卫 |
[1:52:20] | Stop, Dave. | 大卫 停手 |
[1:52:28] | I’m afraid. | 我害怕 |
[1:52:35] | I’m afraid, Dave. | 大卫 我害怕 |
[1:52:47] | My mind is going. | 我的智力正在消失 |
[1:52:53] | I can feel it. | 我可以感觉到 |
[1:53:01] | I can feel it. | 我可以感觉到 |
[1:53:06] | My mind is going. | 我的智力正在消失 |
[1:53:14] | There is no question about it. | 这是毫无疑问的 |
[1:53:25] | I can feel it. | 我可以感觉到 |
[1:53:31] | I can feel it. | 我可以感觉到 |
[1:53:37] | I can feel it. | 我可以感觉到 |
[1:53:47] | I’m… | 我害怕 |
[1:53:49] | …afraid. | 我害怕 |
[1:53:57] | Good afternoon… | 午安 |
[1:54:00] | …gentlemen. | 各位先生 |
[1:54:03] | I am a HAL 9000 computer. | 我是赫尔 九千型电脑 |
[1:54:11] | I became operational… | 我开始操作是在伊利诺州 |
[1:54:14] | …at the HAL plant… | 我开始操作是在伊利诺州 |
[1:54:18] | …in Urbana, Illinois… | 威尔巴拉的HAL工厂 |
[1:54:21] | …on the 12th of January, 1992. | 时间是1992年1月12日 |
[1:54:27] | My instructor was Mr. Langley… | 我的老师是蓝利先生 |
[1:54:32] | …and he taught me to sing a song. | 他教我唱过一首歌 |
[1:54:36] | If you’d like to hear it… | 如果你喜欢听 |
[1:54:39] | …I can sing it for you. | 我可以为你唱 |
[1:54:42] | Yes, I’d like to hear it, Hal. | 是的 赫尔 我喜欢听 |
[1:54:46] | Sing it for me. | 你就为我唱吧 |
[1:54:49] | It’s called “Daisy. “ | 歌名叫“黛西” |
[1:55:44] | Good day, gentlemen. | 各位先生 午安 |
[1:55:50] | This is a prerecorded briefing… | 这是一卷预录的简报资料 |
[1:55:53] | …made prior to your departure… | 在你们出发前制作的 |
[1:55:56] | …and which, for security reasons of the highest importance… | 为了高度重要的保密理由 |
[1:56:02] | …has been known on board during the mission… | 在任务中 只有太空船上的 九千型电脑知道事情真相 |
[1:56:05] | …only by your HAL 9000 computer. | 在任务中 只有太空船上的 九千型电脑知道事情真相 |
[1:56:12] | Now that you are in Jupiter’s space… | 你们现在是在木星的太空中 |
[1:56:15] | …and the entire crew is revived… | 全部船员均已苏醒 |
[1:56:17] | …it can be told to you. | 现在真相可以公布了 |
[1:56:22] | Eighteen months ago… | 十八个月前在地球以外 |
[1:56:25] | …the first evidence of intelligent life off the Earth… | 发现了第一个 有生命才智的证据 |
[1:56:29] | …was discovered. | 发现了第一个 有生命才智的证据 |
[1:56:33] | It was buried 40 feet below the lunar surface… | 被埋藏在月球表面四十尺下 |
[1:56:37] | …near the crater Tycho. | 靠近克拉科火山口 |
[1:56:42] | Except for a single, very powerful… | 除了一个非常强有力的 |
[1:56:45] | …radio emission aimed at Jupiter… | 放射性发光体对准木星外 |
[1:56:50] | …the 4-million-year-old monolith has remained completely inert… | 这四百万年高龄的黑岩石 仍旧保持完全无生命状态 |
[1:56:57] | …its origin and purpose… | 它的根源与目的 |
[1:57:01] | …still a total mystery. | 至今仍是一个谜 |